Windows Support Forum

Seeking spectacular sound setup

Q: Seeking spectacular sound setup

Greetings you lovely bunch I am in the process of building myself a new funmachine Unfortunately I have stalled at the sound setup Through extensive research I have established that the following criteria are the most recommendable in order to achieve the best overall sound experience Avoid headsets headphones with microphones Avoid wireless Avoid USB Only stereo headphones I e one speaker per spectacular setup Seeking sound ear Open cup for sound quality I sit in a quiet environment The machine will be used mainly for entertainment purposes being gaming video watching and music listening in order of importance I do not consider myself an audiophile per se I do however value a great atmospheric feeling Seeking spectacular sound setup accurate D positioning and comfort I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H motherboard Will its onboard sound Realtek ALC cover my wishes when paired Seeking spectacular sound setup with some good headphones or should I get a soundcard And what about an amplifier a DAC etc Originally I considered getting the Sennheiser HD as it has garnered much critical acclaim Unfortunately momomo wasn t impressed with its sound stage Despite my highest efforts this leaves me fairly puzzled and in need of your kind help Which sound setup compliments my computer experience the most without being overkill I have a generous budget All response is of course greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Seeking spectacular sound setup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Seeking spectacular sound setup

"I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H motherboard. Will its onboard sound (Realtek ALC898) cover my wishes when paired with some good headphones ? or should I get a soundcard? And what about an amplifier, a DAC etc.?" You won't need a sound card, just headphones or a low cost wired 2 speaker+ powered subwoofer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-spectacular-sound-setup.194793/
Relevancy 59.77%

/// Edit: Problem seem to be resolved. I did a router reset to factory setting and redo all the process
Hello

Since few weeks, I got some problem with my D-Link router (DL-850). My devices (Iphone's, Android tablet, Ipod, etc,) do see both network and are authenticated, but won't connect to it

I'm able to go in the router setup page, but don't succeed to properly set it

What is the set-by step process to do it

Martin

A:Wireless router: seeking help for the setup

Please mark as solved so that it is clear when we browse through the threads.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/56732-wireless-router-seeking-help-setup.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Greetings I am currently running Windows bit on a year old Dell desktop Originally this machine had Windows Vista The Windows upgrade disk license I bought required me to install Windows over Windows Vista I was unable to do a clean install I researched this quite extensively and contacted support and apparently this is true there is no way around it I would have to buy a full non-upgrade license in order to do a clean install My issue is this My system takes a long time to boot or I should advice Windows setup on Seeking 7 say there is a ton of disk activity for a good mins Seeking advice on Windows 7 setup and this disk activity takes a big bite out of performance So I basically boot-up login and walk away for mins I can't really use the machine while it is booting and to add to it the disk drives tend to be really loud in this box I've repalced the system drives several times over the years to increase capacity and all seem loud Once the system is fully booted and the disk activity dies the PC runs like a champ I play current high demanding graphical video games with no issue I did upgrade my video card not too long ago So it's a managble problem it's just very annoying and from a techy perspective less than ideal My thinking is a clean install would improve this some what I assume I have a lot of Vista crap left over and as a techy I never trusted upgrading OS's always have done clean installs Additionally SSD are now a viable option for the OS drive So Will doing a clean Windows install and using a SSD make a big difference Is one more impactful than the other What about Windows I don't care for the interface but if it can run my programs as well as Windows and if I can get a clean install for cheaper woudl this be a better alternative It seems at a glance that a full license for Windows has come down a bit in cost but i also recall that Windows is much cheaper FWIW I have on several occasions attempted to clean up reduce the amount of start-up services and programs but it does not have much impact on the long boot times

A:Seeking advice on Windows 7 setup

You were told wrong as we have helped countless thousands of users Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version.

Using the Product Key on your Upgrade disk, follow these same steps now to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 and you will wind up with a perfect install IF you stick the the tools and methods given.

Be sure to read over each step and the Special Note to Dell Owners, ask back any questions.

Don't forget to delete all but the OEM Diagnostics partition during the booted install, create and format new as you please or just click Next to let the installer do it for you. The installer when booted will see an OS to allow use of Upgrade version key, even if you delete old OS during install as you should.

Also as shown put your network driver in your backup so if it isn't provided you can install it to to get online and run all rounds of Important and Optional Windows Updates which should deliver most drivers. Any missing in Device Manager after install can be found on the PC's Support Downloads webpage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/304558-seeking-advice-windows-7-setup.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Miscellaneous notes Daily use on non-administrator account Daily backups to OneDrive Unconcerned with Setup serious (Novice seeking first time) for guidance Locust's security issues related to physical access to computer itself hence lack of Windows password I would consider a password on user and or admin account if it did defend against remote threats in some way Only built in Windows tweak that I ve done is setting HOSTS file to read only don t know enough about SRP or anything to use any of Windows tools or settings to make my computer more secure Might get Winpatrol seems fiddly and hard to configure with lots of prompts that I wouldn t understand UAC is off for the same reason I don t feel like I m ever going to know when to disallow anything WinPrivacy seems useless and annoying from my trial so far I can t get it to play nicely with Private Internet Access client on an automated basis On the other hand maybe it ll get better down the road and I ll sit on the license until then If it isn t obvious already I m not super technical Only just barely technical enough to manage the above Which is probably more Locust's Setup (Novice seeking serious guidance for first time) than your average person plucked from the street but regardless if I need something explained to me like a complete novice don t be surprised There are a lot of guides out there and it s pretty overwhelming I don t mind being pointed to them but please be sure to name a specific part of a guide if you re going to link to a big one A lot of good reading so far but I m at the point where Locust's Setup (Novice seeking serious guidance for first time) it s time for some hands on guidance Thanks nbsp

A:Locust's Setup (Novice seeking serious guidance for first time)

One obvious recommendation: UAC must be On, at least to default.
You'll bolster your laptop system's protection if it is On.
Do not think that it is bothersome.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/locusts-setup-novice-seeking-serious-guidance-for-first-time.57811/
Relevancy 55.47%

I want it to be animated, not just a slide show and I want to see the water, clouds and trees moving too. I don't mind paying 20 bucks or so. Does anyone know of anything that would fit the bill? Just doing search for screensavers or even Niagra falls screensavers will have me searching the Internet for weeks.

A:Does anyone know of a truly spectacular screensaver of Niagra Falls I can buy

Is this along the lines of what you're looking for?

http://www.helasoftsoftware.com/screensaver/product.screensavers.niagarafalls.html

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-anyone-know-of-a-truly-spectacular-screensaver-of-niagra-falls-i-can-buy.1117668/
Relevancy 54.61%

The Voulume on Desperatley Seeking Sound my computer has shut down whenever i click on voulume icon it says No audio input device is installed i have tried everything there is to try and i have come to the conclusion that Desperatley Seeking Sound i have to uninstall install or repair vista somehow vista came installed on the system but i dont have the discs that came with cpu is there anyone who can help CPU Intel Pentium D Processor Dual-Core -bit processor with Intel EM T Technology Each core operates at GHz x MB L cache MHz FSBOperating System Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium Chipset Intel G DH Viiv Memory MB DDR dual channel MB MHz PC Expandable to GB DDR Slots Total DDR Slot Available Hard Drive GB SATA II rpm MB cache Optical Drive DVD RW x Multiformat Dual-Layer Optical Drive Up to GB with Dual-Layer Media Write max x DVD R x DVD-RW x DVD RW x DVD R DL x CD-R x CD-RW disks Read max x DVD-ROM x CD-ROM disksMedia Reader High-Performance -in- Digital Media Manager Up to x faster xD-Picture Card CompactFlash I CF CompactFlash II Secure Digital SD Mini Secure Digital Mini SD Multi Media Card MMC Reduced Size MMC RS-MMC MMC Mobile MMC Plus Memory Stick MS Memory Stick Duo Memory Stick Pro Memory Stick Pro Duo SmartMedia IBM MicrodriveVideo Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Up to MB of shared video memory PCI-Express PCI-E x slot availableSound -channel high-definition audio Amplified Stereo Speakers USB Powered Communications K ITU V -ready fax modem RJ- port Intel Mbps Ethernet LAN RJ- port Peripherals Premium multimedia keyboard -button wheel mouse PS Ports Other - USB ports in front in back - VGA - Parallel port - Serial port - PS ports keyboard and mouse - Audio Rear Line-in Side Stereo Front Headphone Stereo Microphone - Audio Front Microphone Front Headphone Stereo - RJ- Ethernet port - RJ- Modem portDimensions quot H x quot W x quot D Weight lbs system unit only

A:Desperatley Seeking Sound

Hello tlittle86,
Have you tried a system restore to a point before the sound went ?, if that does not work dont worry, you can alway's get the driver's from the maker's site. Do you know who's sound card it is ?, chance's are it's realtek, or soundmax, anyway try the restore and post your result's good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/233077-desperatley-seeking-sound.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I cant get sound from my cpu when I click on the speaker icon It says no audio ouput device installed, operating on windows vista/ intel pentium D processor 820/T5224 desktop PC any suggestions Processor: 2.8GHz Pentium D 820Memory: 1GB DDR2Storage: 250GB hard driveOptical Drives: 16x double-layer DVD?RWMonitor: 17-inch wide-screen LCDGraphics: Integrated Intel GMA 950Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium4006158R - Intel (Coryville) 945G motherboard4006160R - Intel (Council Bluffs) 945G motherboard4006159R - Systemboard Intel G965 uATX, w/ 1394, 10/1001014162 - T5224 - ECS1014162 - T5224 - FIC

A:Desperatley Seeking Sound

Have you gotten sound before?
If so, hit start, and type in "device manager". Hit enter.

Under Sound, Video, and Game controllers, check and see if you audio is there.

Also, double click your volume and hit "Mixer"
What does it say?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230694/desperatley-seeking-sound/
Relevancy 43.43%

im getting water cooling and my plan it to have the flow go from reservoir/pump>CPU block>northbridge block>VGA block>3 fan radiator, how does that sound?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-does-this-setup-sound.586966/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am hoping this is the correct forum for this question as I made an error last Setup Sound Help time and felt bad I was hoping for some help setting up my sound I bought a headset mic today for use with Ventrilo World of Warcraft and I have very little experience setting that up I'm used to plugging in the speakers and being good to go Sound Setup Help My sound setup is managed by VIA Vinyl Audio Control Panel instead of quot Volume Control quot I am not sure if this comes standard with XP because I bought this computer second hand but I hope it does because that would hopefully mean this is the right forum I have two speakers a subwoofer and now a headset- and I really can't make heads or tails of this VIA program I don't know how to get it to recognize my setup without it thinking I have a million extra surround sound speakers I clicked around like a madman and the only Sound Setup Help setup where my Sound Setup Help headset worked was one where VIA thinks my headset is the front right and left speakers and my actual speakers are a rear surround right and left It's so confusing and I'm not sure what to do with it Ultimately I would like everything other than Ventrilo or voice chat in general to be routed through the speakers- so that the headset's only function is voice chatting and all music and computer noise is only on the speakers Can anyone help me out - Sorry if that was a mouthful I'm more than confused right now

A:Sound Setup Help

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajm

Ultimately, I would like everything other than Ventrilo, or voice chat in general, to be routed through the speakers- so that the headset's only function is voice chatting and all music and computer noise is only on the speakers.

I'm not an expert on sound controllers and the way they work but I don't think it is possible to differentiate voice from other sounds/music. The software would have to be made that way and usually it just mixes all the sounds in one signal which it then sends to the different speakers. It can't isolate the voice from that signal.

In my experience, when you decide to use your headset you just unplug your other speakers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-setup-help-181728.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I bought a nd GB GPU fitted it in no probs and apart from trying to figure out which DVI slot runs the display for some reason it wasnt the original - got SLi up and running However the first thing Setup Sound No With SLi I did was to benchmark it with the quot Heaven quot demo - it ran with audio and then spluttered and crashed Since then I have no sound on the PC apart from via the TV The PC is hooked up to a hi-fi usually via line-out mm jack Since the upgrade this wont work at all Sound only comes via the option of the TV in audio settings Ive disabled that and saw quot speakers quot were not plugged in when they were After much tooing and froing I googled this and found it may be a Realtek setting I enabled quot front ports quot via Realtex and the speaker icon re-appeared I tested the unit - NO SOUND However the green quot level quot bars show up for both back panel and front panel but nothing is heard Ive tried a different set of speakers different cable and different OS but same issue Ive tried uninstalling the Nvidia drivers thinking it could be their HD Definition Audio driver No Sound With SLi Setup also went into Nvidia control panel and saw an option for the GPUs audio to be No Sound With SLi Setup turned off - still nothing Tried disabling onboard audio via BIOS - still nothing Tested my hi-fi - works fine Its my worry that something may have borked up on the motherboard Rampage Extreme so am turning to you for help - it could be a settings issue Ive missed but for the life of me cant find it A clue may be in device manager HD Definition Audio appears times Ive removed them but still no solution Also checked for loose cables inside the PC and all are tight

A:No Sound With SLi Setup

[Solved] GTX 295, No audio over DVI to HDMI - Nvidia - Graphic-Displays

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/240401-no-sound-sli-setup.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok guys here s what I have on my computer as we speak Before I start I should mention that I have an oldy moldy Dell computer with windows xp oh and MB of Ram if that helps I have spyware blaster winpatrol spyware terminator and does sound setup How this norton s av How does this setup sound I m thinking of losing Norton s as you have informed me that NOD would be a much better choice with XP I m also How does this setup sound thinking that there is some kind of protection that came with the XP I have just installed terminator a few minutes ago and I have a page in front of me asking questions How would you like to use the program Scan for spyware Protect against spyware Protect against spyware and viruses So How do these programs on my computer sound to you Not enough Too much Inform me Thanx a bunch You guys are absolutely wonderful with all of my tedious questions YOu would think that after having this computer for so long I would have absorbed SOME knowledge APPARENTLY NOT eek Honey nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hi, I've just plugged in a Creative Inspire 5.1 speaker system, but only the 2.0 speakers seem to be working. I configured the speakers in playback devices window as 5.1 and have tested them within that windows test feature, they all work.

I've tried playback in winamp and a dvd (old dvd, played in vlc), but only the front 2 speakers are playing.

I am using the Supreme FX X-FI Audio Card that came with my Asus Crosshair III Formula motherboard.

Thank you

A:5.1 sound system setup

Hi,

Normal music is only recorded in stereo (2 channels), so if you want to hear it on 5 speakers you have to set some sort of effect/emulation like virtual surround or 5 channel stereo in your audio configuration panel.

If that's not available you could download and install a surround sound plug-in for Winamp, there are several on the Winamp site in the plug-in section.

If you try a dvd be sure it has 5.1 surround sound or you have to do the same procedure as I described for stereo music.

MK2

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/128577-5-1-sound-system-setup.html
Relevancy 43%

I bought and installed an Asus Xonar DX, and installed the latest software. I have a Roccat Kave Solid 5.1 headset. I've always set the amount of channels to 2 in the Xonar control panel, and it seems to be fine. When I configure 5.1 through Windows, it sets it to 6 channels and doesn't sound right in-game. Is there something I've not done right?

A:New sound card, can't setup 5.1

If it's asus, stay away from the config in windows control panel. Reset to default and leave it so. Use the DX audio center instead. Don't think it's smth wrong with either one, but it will cause conflicts. The DX audio center handles the same settings at both win and driver level. Plus the DX Audio Center gives you the same options and more. After you reset the control panel config, go to the DX audio center and set audio channel 6 and analog out 5.1. Should do it if the headset connects how i think. (never owned one, does it have 3 jacks to connect to the sound card? if not, select sound channel 6 and analog out 2.1 or 2 speakers).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/214621-new-sound-card-cant-setup-5-1-a.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi

I have a Audigy LS sound card installed which was working fine. I then installed a Nvidia graphics card and the sound stopped working.

I uninstalled the sound card software and drivers and reinstalled. But it does not seem to install the drivers for my "pci" card and "multimedia audio contrroller".

In sounds and multimedia under the control panel i have the preffered devices greyed out. So the drivers are not installed even though the Audigy LS drivers are installed.

Any ideas pse ?

Swazi

A:Sound driver setup

Do the sound devices show up in device mgr? If yes, what is the status of the sound device.

I'm thinking that there is an IRQ conflict with the two cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-driver-setup.269580/
Relevancy 43%

After using Google for a while, I was unable to find any information on setting up a surround sound system. I am not sure how to do this myself (obviously) and my sound doesn't seem quite right. Any help is appreciated.

A:5.1 Surround Sound Setup

Exact instructions are different depending on the sound card (some have add-on control panel sofyware and others don't) and version of Windows, but usually you go to Control Panel and click Sound; then tell Windows what kind of speakers you have and what jacks they are connected to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-surround-sound-setup.972321/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I have a set of Creative Inspire T3000 speakers (2 satellite and 1 subwoofer). I also have a set of Logitec Stereo Headphones with mic that I use quite often because I have a severe hearing problem. (My system is a HP XL 847 running Win XP.)

There are times I can use the speakers and other times I need to use the headphones. When I go through the Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices to change between the two I usually have to reboot the system to make the change. Is this normal or should it change without the reboot just by changing the default devices? Also, is there a quicker way to make the switch without having to go through the Control Panel? Something that could be done on the fly would be nice .

Thanks for your help!

ThaBrudda

A:Sound Setup Question

isn't there a slot for the head phones on the speaker itself? normally, all you need to do is to plug in the head phones to that slot on the speaker & you're all set. sound would automatically be routed to the head phones or, try to look for a slot for the head phones on your sound card/adapter at the back of your system. same effect. sound will be routed to head phones when you plug it in...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-setup-question.445961/
Relevancy 43%

I just raked through my games, and found an old gem lying around. I wanted to install it, and all is fine graphically, but I can't seem to set up the sound. Look at the following sequence of events:

I'm not quite sure what to select, so I try the 'Microsoft Sound System'. Then, I go with the defaults for the next three steps.

So it's failed to initialize, and I have no sound, no matter what sound device I try. What can I do to get the sound working again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-dos-game-sound-setup.614137/
Relevancy 43%

Hey everyone After years with my trusty P ghz it s time to move on I m a keen gamer but also plan to do some film editing on my next beast So far this is what I m going with Core Duo E WD gb SATA mb rpm gb setup? like a Sound decent STT DDR - x gb - these Sound like a decent setup? sound like the bomb at the moment Waiting on some more DX video cards to come out before making a decision In terms of the motherboard this is where I m not the brightest fish in the oven so to speak Looking at Foxconn X AA- EKRS - seems to have everything I need for an alright price Am I missing something I m stupidly paranoid I m going to go ahead with the purchase and have some compatibility issues In terms of OCing I don t think I m planning on pushing it much at all - a small - increase would be nice but nothing that requires more cooling solutions at this stage I d really appreciate advice suggestions - I know you all get barrages of them but I figure you enjoy flexing your knowledge muscles so to speak Cheers guys Dylan nbsp

A:Sound like a decent setup?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127004 (Better Southbridge)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128012 (Better not by much Overclocking Board) But has the non-R Southbridge which is less performance for hard drives.

Thank me later, P965 Chipset is awesome.
I would go for the ABIT, it has a Debug LED, and I like there brand.

And If I were you, maybe try and undervolt the processor for extra long life!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-like-a-decent-setup.68291/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey,
First time builder, I'm wondering how this setup sounds:
Athlon 64 +3700 San Diego 939
ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 (just 1 for now)
CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR 400
Antec LifeStyle SONATA II case
450Watt SmartPower 2.0 (included w/ case)
Sony DRU720A DVD Burner
Future upgrades: more memory, another 6800GT, better cooling

Any idea how this setup will handle CAD models (SolidWorks)? This is not one of the SolidWorks recommended graphics cards, but it seems good for gaming, so I'm assuming it'll handle CAD OK. I've read the reviews on each item, but how do you think they'll do together?

Will this memory be OK...this is the cheapest of the corsair 2x512 packages...are the more expensive packages worth the $$?

Thanks,
John

A:1st time builder - How does this setup sound?

John-
Welcome to the forum. Just a few suggestions and a couple comments:

First, if the CAD program is multithreaded then you may want to consider a dual core CPU such as a 3800X2. If not then the 3700+ is a great chip but get the San Diego core with 1MB of L2 cache if you can.

Second, go for 2 x 1024MB (2GB) of RAM right from the start. AMD CPU's don't handle 4 dual sided DIMMs well, they need to shift to 2T timing which sucks. And yes, this holds true for even the new cores from all the reviews I have read. So, adding 2 x 512 MB later is a poor option. Better to bite the bullet now and load up with 2GB right away if you plan on going there eventually.

Third. I'm not a big fan of Case+PSU combo packages. Usually you get a really crappy, low end PSU that screws up your system. I always recommend that you purchase the case and PSU separate and never skimp on the PSU. It is arguably one of the most important pieces of your build and the source of a huge amount of problems when a cheap or underpowered unit is installed. This case, however, seems to have a pretty good PSU installed so it will work until you start adding power hungry items like a second video card (SLI) and extra hard drives. You'll need to upgrade at that point.

You didn't mention Hard Disk Drive(s) (HDD). Get one or two SATA drives. I prefer Western Digital and the Asus boards seem to run them troublefree.

Don't forget the OS. Other than that it looks like a really good build and should be reasonable for the performance you'll get price-wise. You'll be able to overclock that CPU easily (may want to look at an aftermarket heatsink fan (HSF) if you plan on O/Cing). Also, the 6800GT's hit ultra speeds easily and are one of the very best values on the market right now. A really solid, fast card for a great price.

Hope this helps and have fun with your build.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1st-time-builder-how-does-this-setup-sound.35307/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

My setup of windows 8 went without any problems. I am currently using the mail feature which is great, unlike the Android tablet when a mail arrives there is sound notification.

How do I set up the sounding notification on windows 8?

Thanks

A:How to setup this sound notification feature?

It seems there is something of an issue with the Mail app, although PC Settings reports it as having a notification, the Mail app is just being cheeky. There is a fix I found. I haven't tried to see if it does work, but I have a good feeling it does.
How To Turn On Email Notifications In The Windows 8 Mail App | Windows Gadget News

Follow the instructions on how to do this, they're pretty simple but I didn't want to go to the length of typing it out as it's fairly menial. That should fix it!

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/13921-how-setup-sound-notification-feature.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello, I have an ASUS laptop integrated into my Bedroom Theater and 2.1 sound system. Currently I have an Audioquest Dragonfly DAC plugged into the USB 2.0 port from there the 1 stereo output of the Dragonfly heads over to a spliter after that one end goes to an amp for the main speakers and the other goes to a wireless transmitter for the subwoofer and all the filtering gets done at the sub Via a low pass filter @ 60Hz
I want to get rid of the headphone splitter and use the factory (unused) output for the subwoofer (if Possible)
also I do want to bypass the sub's built in low pass filter for something in the PC itself

Laptop info
ASUS K55a
8GB Ram
750GB HDD
Audioquest Dragonfly. (Stereo)
Realtek "HD" audio (stereo)

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/60536-need-help-multiple-sound-cards-2-1-setup.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So I have recently gotten a raspberry pi that I am using to run retropie and emulate older games, and I have it hooked up to a monitor that I am also using for my desktop, and I was trying to figure out what the best setup would be for sound, and I have 3 goals I would like to achieve. The first is that I can hear sound from both sources at the same time without any lag, the second is that I have the ability to turn on and off the sound coming from the raspberry pi, and 3rd I would like to not need to repetitively plug and unplug cables to achieve this. Any suggestions? Thanks.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/sound-setup-raspberry-pi-desktop-278525/
Relevancy 42.57%

Just re-installed windows etc and now my computer is ssetup to play surround sound, which i do not have (i have 2 speakers and a subwoof). Ive changed the setting from surround sound to desktop speakers in the windows control panel for audio, it seems to be something called 'Sound MAX' that is controling my audio, i cannot remeber having this when i had my speakers working correctly (although i did have it when i first got the pc just cannot remeber how i configured it to play sounds correctly on my speakers)

any help is obviously welcome

A:how do i change my pc setup from surround sound

if you goto your control panel there should be a SoundMax utility. double click it and check through it's settings.

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-change-my-pc-setup-from-surround-sound.591621/
Relevancy 42.57%

I have been noticing that whenever I reboot my computer, or even at random intervals, that the wave portion of the volume menu goes to zero and it makes the sound on my computer go very quiet. I can move the wave dial back to the max and everything works alright, but I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on why this would be happening. I am running the onboard sound which is nvidia based, but not sure if there are any more current drivers than what I am running. Hope there is some help out there for this.

A:got a question about windows sound setup

Well, this is pretty strange...I would search for drivers on Nvidia's site though, that's the best way to check if newer drivers do exist.

My guess is that your sound card came with some software possibly including a control panel of its own. I had a similar issue with my SB Audigy software and my speaker setup. After restarting my speakers would default to 2.1 instead of 5.1 which was selected on windows control panel. This happened after running some games as well. After some research I isolated the problem. The setting on Creative's control panel was 2.1 and it overruled windows settings making them default to 2.1 after restarting.

So check if there's a volume option within your sound card's software that overrules windows control panel settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/got-a-question-about-windows-sound-setup.775986/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello After soundcard on sound onboard help to needs PCI setup newbie from playing many games newbie needs help on setup from onboard sound to PCI soundcard of Unreal Tournament on low settings to troublshoot a problem I have finally decided that it seems my onboard sound VIA AC was slowing stuff down So I bought a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card I just want to make sure I am correct when getting my computer ready for the soundcard since this is a first for me Here are my specs AMD Athalon GIG CPU ASUS A V Socket A motheboard w KT A Chipset VIA AC Audio controller VIA in Drivers GeForce MX MB Megs of RAM Windows SE I have the mobo manual out and this is what I interpret Change the jumpers to the disable postion on my mobo Go in my BIOS and disable Onboard AC Audio Controller setting Ok that seems pretty straighforward Now after I do that do I remove my AC via audio controller from device manager Then i shut down and put in the sound card and start it up and install the drivers I am not sure of the order to do this whole procedure in so if someone can help me I would greatly appreciate it nbsp

A:newbie needs help on setup from onboard sound to PCI soundcard

Basically that is the process

You will need to remove all references to old drivers in system properties - these may also include references to 'dos emulation' and game controllers.

Also you will need to connect your cd-rom to the new souncard, it will have a wire going into the mobo somewhere. Your new s.card may have a reference such as "cd-in", the connection needs swapped from the mobo to here. You don't need to remove the wire from the cd-rom altogether, just the mobo connection.

leave the case off (just incase it goes silly first time)and reboot when everything is in order and leave windows to do the rest - with the new drivers at the ready !

oh, and don't forget to earth yourself !

ian.t

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/newbie-needs-help-on-setup-from-onboard-sound-to-pci-soundcard.65753/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Everyone,

I recently got a second Samsung SyncMaster 2494HS monitor to match my existing one. These monitors have inbuilt speakers.

With a single monitor, I connected the audio cable from the audio out jack on my inbuilt sound card to the audio in jack on the monitor - no problems, sound all OK. However, I would also like the sound to come from the speakers on the 2nd monitor - ie. sound from all 4 speakers.

The question is : how do I do that? I notice that on each monitor there is a audio out jack. Can I connect an audio cable from the audio out jack on the 1st monitor, and connect the other end into the audio-in jack on the 2nd monitor? Or will that just result in sound from the 2nd monitor only?

Thanks,
Golden

A:Sound issue...new Dual Monitor Setup

Better idea if that is what you want to do, connect the second monitor to the rear out jack (black one) and then set it to 4/4.1 in the speaker properties.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/146885-sound-issue-new-dual-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I just got an old packard bell monitor. (on the back it says its model number is 2020)
It has two large speakers attached to it with a speaker cord coming out of each. I want to know how to set it up as my speakers now, so that i can hear from it. There is only one sound connector in my pc, so i can't connect both speakers. I'm not even sure if both of the cords are for the speakers but i assume that.

So how do i setup the hardware and then Windows 2000 Pro to use it as my speakers. I'd also like the proper driver working so that i don't have to constantly reset the monitor when i change resolutions etc.

Relevancy 42.14%

I like to play Football Manager and have it running on my right hand monitor and on the left one I use Firefox and whatever else Im faffing around with. Now my question is, when Im playing FM and I have a match playing I can only hear the match sounds when the window it is playing in is the selected one. If I click elsewhere, say on the start menu or on a webpage in Firefox the sound stops as FM is no longer the selected window. Im pretty sure that previous versions of Windows didnt do this, is there a way to force the sound to continue to play?

A:Sound when running a dual screen setup

Thinking outside the box (or monitor)...

Can you switch monitors? Problem still?

Lower rez on monitors?

Update audio and video drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/130122-sound-when-running-dual-screen-setup.html
Relevancy 41.71%

i know I wont get the surround and thats not what im looking for. But is there anyway to get DD sound "quality" though only through 2 speakers? Its for music mainly. Would getting a card with 5.1, give me DD sound? thx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-any-way-to-get-dolby-digital-sound-quality-from-2-1-speaker-setup.388345/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a bit of guidance if possible.

My Dilemma:

I have 2 sets of speakers plugged in to my computer - one set in the speaker jack, the other in the line in (switched to rear output).
Until recently, everything worked fine, however now I am only getting sound from the right speakers from both jacks. There is no fault in any of the speakers. I've tried with only one set plugged in, and with them switched round - same result. Also the same result when I use headphones plugged in to the headphone jack at the front of my pc.

Device manager has indicated no fault in any drivers.
Rob

A:No sound from left side of quad setup. Speakers are fine

Hi Rob,
did you apply any Windows updates, install new hardware or change any settings that may have caused this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-left-side-of-quad-setup-speakers-are-fine.138238/
Relevancy 41.28%

i tried to un-install creative sound blaster titanium pro in Vista 64bit
Programs and features:add/remove.

got a message that Setup.exe quit working

i also got an Error 5001
>SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp(462)
PAPP:Sound Blaster X-Fi

PVENDOR: --Creative Technology Ltd----
PGUID -----
$9.1.0.429
@Windows Service Pack 1
(6001) IE 7.0.6001.18000
error code 5001

IS THERE ANY WAY TO FIX THIS,
i later noticed the 2 cards, old/new, probably have the same drivers.
VISTA 64 bit XP 32 bit Home Premium.
Silent Knight2 CPU cooler.
8GB OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1400.
3x Western Digital Caviar 500GB HD
VisionTec Radeon HD 3870 1 Gb.
Cosair 750 watt PSU
OPTI UPS Battery Back Up

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/213573-tried-uninstal-sound-card-got-message-setup-exe-quit-working.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all I just got a Speakers change to soft Speakers Sound Audio Custom and setup set Anyway the smart guys that designed the sound card or drivers dont let me use all specific jack holes to hook them up Instead they force me to Custom soft to change Sound and Audio Speakers setup use mic and line out holes to get Center Woofer and front sounds I need headphones and mic at least as often as speakers Anyway I have a splitter device that let me connect both headphones and front speakers also mic and Center woofer Where can I find a simple application that let me switch from headphones mic mode to speakers mode I can write one myself in VB if I get the right direction where to look Windows API The best solution whould be a simple sys-tray icon that give me a menu to switch from to headphones That whould set Speakers setup from desktop speakers to speakers and mic front checkbox you can see in C-panel Sound and Audio device Thanks Crirus nbsp

A:Custom soft to change Sound and Audio Speakers setup

I would say you are better off getting a new sound card with more ports. Switching liek that shoudl be built into the sound card drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-soft-to-change-sound-and-audio-speakers-setup.22153/
Relevancy 40.85%

Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards Updated October Understanding quot How sound works quot and fixing your sound when it doesn t can sometimes be a challenge So I thought i d share and summarize some of my favorite quot Best of quot links about sound Note If you re here troubleshooting a sound problem be sure to scroll down to see both the Troubleshooting section and my footnotes below Note about the links below gt Some links are from vendors like HP Gateway and Intel gt But even if your computer or motherboard is from Guides Sound Windows Troubleshoot Cards and Reference Audio to and Setup Help a different vendor you ll still find much of HP s Gateway s etc info and guidance still applies General Guides about Audio setup Installation and quot How things work quot Connecting Audio amp Sound Devices to your Desktop Computer gt Alert You may have to copy paste the link below directly into your browser to see this particular guide Code http jdvoicemail altervista org imagenes audioguide pdf Working with Audio How to setup your computer to play and record sound Windows Mixer Tutorial Sound Cards Frequently Asked Questions as written for Vista and Windows but much applies to XP as well As written for Vista As Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards written for Windows How Soundcards work Sound Production The Hardware and Software Used to Produce Sound in Personal Computers Troubleshooting Windows Audio If you re running XP From MS - No sound in Windows From MS - How to troubleshoot sound problems in Windows XP From MS Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards - How to update a sound card driver in Windows XP and in Windows Vista From MS - FIX In Control Panel quot Sounds and Audio Devices quot does not correctly display the setting in the quot Speaker Setup quot list From HP - Resolving Microphone Problems in Microsoft Windows Me and XP From HP - Resolving Microphone and Line-In Problems in Windows XP From Intel - Troubleshooting Audio on Intel Motherboards If you re running Vista From MS - No sound in Windows From MS - Getting sound from your computer recommended links See this link for more MS help about Vista sound problems From MS - How to update a sound card driver in Windows Vista and in Windows XP From MS - How to troubleshoot sound problems that you experience after you install a Windows Vista Service Pack From HP - Resolving Microphone Problems From HP - Resolving Microphone and Line-in Problems in Windows Vista From HP - Reference Guides to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards No Sound from the Speakers in Windows Vista From Intel - Troubleshooting Audio on Intel Motherboards From Gateway - My desktop has microphone problems If you re running Windows From MS - No sound in Windows From MS - Getting sound from your computer recommended links See this link for more MS help about Windows sound problems From HP - Resolving Microphone Problems Footnotes - tips and tricks Don t confuse simple beep tones with sounds from a sound card Windows doesn t need a sound card to create simple beep tones You can test for simple beep tones with the Beepex tool Download and run it If your computer has internal speakers Windows should be able to generate tones even without a working sound card Is Windows failing to detect your sound card hardware Here s a few tricks that sometimes help Check your BIOS to see if there s a setting for Onboard Audio If you re using onboard audio and the setting appears in BIOS it should typically be set to something like Automatic or Enabled gt Also try toggling the Onboard Audio setting off then back on and rebooting each time can SOMETIMES help Windows redetect a missing sound card Are you trying to get sound over an HDMI cable Is the HDMI cable connected to an addon graphics card Check if sound driv... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reference-guides-to-help-setup-and-troubleshoot-windows-audio-and-sound-cards.152359/
Relevancy 36.55%

I cant update Windows Im getting Hijacked computer's slow and can't update my antivirus spyware here is my Hijack this Anyone me? seeking to Help log -Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP Anyone seeking to Help me? SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C windows system csrss exeC windows system winlogon exeC windows system services exeC windows system lsass exeC windows System svchost exeC windows system svchost exeC windows system svchost exeC windows System svchost exeC windows system svchost exeC windows System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs avsys ScanningProcess exeC windows system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC windows system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC windows System svchost exeC windows System Drivers WTSRV EXEC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC windows System alg exeC windows Explorer EXEC windows system WTClient exeC WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXEC windows system devldr exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC SCANJET PrecisionScanPro HPLamp exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC windows system ctfmon exeC PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Jasc Software Inc Paint Shop Pro Paint Shop Pro exeC WINDOWS system notepad exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com fr fp-yie R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar Component fastsearch A FB BD dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - E... Read more

A:Anyone seeking to Help me?

Hello, songos.My name is aommaster and I will be helping you with your log.I apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.ThanksAlso, you may want to consider tracking this topic by either adding it to your favourites or clicking the Options button at the top of this thread.Please note that I am in the process of my training so it may take a while for me to get back to you, as each of my fixes need to be checked by a coach first.Download random's system information tool (RSIT) by random/random and save it to your desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe.Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)In your next reply, please include the following:RSIT Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232860/anyone-seeking-to-help-me/
Relevancy 36.55%

CWShredder located and removed some viruses I was wondering if I have more Does this log file look clean Thanks much Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System PSSVC EXE C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Avsynmgr exe C DMI bin dmisrv exe C WINNT System svchost exe C DMI bin delldmi exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C DMI bin win sl exe C DMI bin nic exe C DMI bin with HJT log Seeking help coo exe C DMI bin dnar exe C DMI bin nodemngr exe C WINNT explorer exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan VsStat exe C WINNT system svohost exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard speedkey exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Avconsol exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan alogserv exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe C WINNT System qttask exe C WINNT System msblast exe C WINNT System wmon exe C WINNT System sp firewall exe C Program Files Seeking help with HJT log WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Seeking help with HJT log Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Webscanx exe C Documents and Settings Stephen L Carter My Documents HiJackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http business dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home bellsouth net F - REG system ini Shell explorer exe C WINNT System svohost exe O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run TCASUTIEXE TCAUDIAG -off O - HKLM Run Microsoft IntelliType Pro quot C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard speedkey exe quot O - HKLM Run Alogserv C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan alogserv exe O - HKLM Run McAfee Guardian quot C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe quot SU O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task C WINNT System qttask exe O - HKLM Run windows auto update msblast exe O - HKLM Run load C WINNT System swchost exe O - HKLM Run NvClipRsv C WINNT svchost exe O - HKLM Run Sp Personal Firewall sp firewall exe O - HKLM Run WSAConfiguration wmon exe O - HKLM RunServices Sp Personal Firewall sp firewall exe O - HKLM RunServices WSAConfiguration wmon exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run Sp Personal Firewall sp firewall exe O - HKCU Run Spyware Begone C freescan freescan exe -FastScan O - Startup svchost exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup WinZip Quick Pick lnk C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - C WINNT web related htm O - DPF F -B - -A -B BB A C - http a g akamai net eInstaller exe O - Service AutoShutdown - Dell Computer Corporation - C WINNT System PSSVC EXE O - Service AVSync Manager - Network Associates Inc - C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Avsynmgr exe O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service - VERITAS Software Corp - C WINNT System dmadmin exe O - Service dmisrv - Unknown - C DMI bin dmisrv exe O - Service McShield - Unknown - C Program Files Common Files Network Associates McShield Mcshield exe O - Service Win sl - Intel - C DMI bin win sl exe

A:Seeking help with HJT log

Clean? Afraid not.....lotsa nasties running around there.

==========

First, you should address the Blaster worm on your machine by running this tool:

http://securityresponse.symantec.com...oval.tool.html

========

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Please download Ad-aware SE and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go here to get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

If you have a fast internet connection (broadband), run an online virus scan at TrendMicro. Just follow the instructions on the site to run the online scan. Otherwise, make sure your antivirus program has the latest definitions and run a full system scan.

The Temp folders should be cleaned out periodically as installation programs and hijack programs leave a lot of junk there. Download CleanUp! (Alternate Link if main link don't work) and install it. Run CleanUp! and click on CleanUp! button. When it asks you if you want to logoff, click on Yes.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check it):

C:\WINNT\system32\svohost.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\msblast.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\wmon32.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\sp2firewall.exe

Uninstall the following via the Add/Remove Panel (Start->(Settings)->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs) if they exist:

Spyware Begone <<<it?s rogueware and we highly recommend that you uninstall it. Rogue/Suspect means that these products are of unknown, questionable, or dubious value as anti-spyware protection.

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=explorer.exe C:\WINNT\System32\svohost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [windows auto update] msblast.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [load32] C:\WINNT\System32\swchost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvClipRsv] C:\WINNT\svchost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Sp2 Personal Firewall] sp2firewall.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WSAConfiguration] wmon32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Sp2 Personal Firewall] sp2firewall.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [WSAConfiguration] wmon32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sp2 Personal Firewall] sp2firewall.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Spyware Begone] C:\freescan\freescan.exe -... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/seeking-help-with-hjt-log-36309.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey guys Hows it going I ve been getting various BSODs and its driving me insane I ve been getting that IRQ not less or equal and others At first I thought it was my memory so I Seeking Help went ahead and did a memtest and it didnt have any errors I still went ahead and bought a gig mem Next I perform a hard disk check for errors and it still didnt resolve anything I then put a new hard drive that I had laying around Still getting BSODs I attached some Minidumps from the past few days I dont have alcohol or daemon tools install I reinstall windows a milli times even uprgraded to vista once and still Im back on Windows XP pro Heres my summary report from Everest just in case its needed -------- EVEREST Home Edition c - Seeking Help Lavalys Inc ------------------------------------------------------------ Version EVEREST v Report Type Quick Report Computer MICROSOF- EC A Generator Lizbeth Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name MICROSOF- EC A User Name Lizbeth Motherboard CPU Type Mobile Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name TOSHIBA Satellite A Motherboard Chipset ATI Mobility Radeon IGP System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Phoenix Communication Port Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter ATI MOBILITY RADEON IGP MB Video Adapter ATI MOBILITY RADEON IGP MB D Accelerator ATI Mobility Radeon IGP RS M Monitor Plug and Play Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter ATI SB - AC Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Disk Drive FUJITSU MHT AH GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive HL-DT-ST RW DVD GCC- N DVD x CD x x x DVD-ROM CD-RW SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Network Adapter Atheros AR GS Wireless Network Adapter Network Adapter Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC Modem TOSHIBA Software Modem Peripherals Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer USB Controller ATI SB - USB Controller USB Controller ATI SB - USB Controller USB Controller ATI SB - USB Controller Battery Microsoft AC Adapter Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery nbsp

A:Seeking Help

I cannot open your zip file but I have some questions:

Are these BSODs you are getting continual/cyclical going around and around and around or can you use the system for some period of time and then it crashes?

I fixed a computer with a virus on it that was simulating BSOD and cyclical reboots but when we pressed the ESC button it would stop. After a short period of inactivity the BSOD and "reboots" would resume. The error messages in the blue screen of death were often none I had ever seen either.

Can you get the system into safe mode and run malware scans?

Tracy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-help.114351/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I Help Seeking Please appear to have some spyware or something on my XP SP PC Constant MIE and FFox browser windows open up only when using the beforementioned browser for ads for poker etc Machine running very slowly I have tried AdAware Spware terminator and also run full MCafee scan No LUck here is a copy of the files as requested thank you Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Administrator on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Spyware Terminator - restore point - - UTC - RP - Removed Ad-Aware - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint Backed up Seeking Help Please registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis Clone ------------------------------------------------------------ Emulating logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at - - Platform Windows XP Service Pack MSIE Internet Explorer Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system VTTimer exe C WINDOWS system VTTrayp exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PCSuite exe C Program Files McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee MNA McNASvc exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee McProxy McProxy exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MpfSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK msksrver exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclUSBSrv exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution Transports NclRSSrv exe C Program Files Hide My IP SecureSrv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite PcSync exe C Program Files Common Files Nokia MPAPI MPAPI s exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop dss exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com au R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com au O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - CE C - DB- F- F - BF DD E - no file O - BHO McAntiPhishingBHO - C E- F E- D C- F-F BD D CF - C Program Files McAfee MSK mcapbho dll O - BHO no name - B -EFD - - - E BC - C WINDOWS system tuvuvwut dll O - BHO no name - A BE -BC - F -AA A- ADE A - C WINDOWS system ssqolige dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - B FB - - A -B B -C B BC - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Progr... Read more

A:Seeking Help Please

sorry just an additional note - for whatever reason i am unable to search on google.com/.com.au or yahoo same.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/seeking-help-please-242584.html
Relevancy 36.55%

hello I formatted my computer and installed help your Seeking windows XP I Seeking your help have got problem with my sound I have gone through my computer properties and then hardware the multimedia controller shows yellow which indicated hardware driver missing I download aida and tried to find the name but I have got too Seeking your help many names here is the result of aida ACM Driver Properties Driver Description DSP Group TrueSpeech TM Software CODEC Copyright Notice Copyright C - Seeking your help DSP Group Inc License Information TrueSpeech is a trademark of DSP Group Inc Santa Clara California Driver Features Compresses and decompresses DSP Group TrueSpeech TM audio data Driver Version ACM Driver Properties Driver Description Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer- Codec advanced Copyright Notice Copyright - Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS Driver Features bitrates up to kBit s mono and stereo codec advanced Driver Version ACM Driver Properties Driver Description Indeo audio software Copyright Notice Copyright Intel Corporation Driver Features Indeo audio software Driver Version ACM Driver Properties Driver Description Microsoft ADPCM CODEC Copyright Notice Copyright C - Microsoft Corporation Driver Features Compresses and decompresses Microsoft ADPCM audio data Driver Version so on Therefore I need your help in identifying the name of the driver nbsp

A:Seeking your help

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop.

Click on the + sign beside 'Computer', then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report'.

Cursor over 'quick report-summary' and then click on 'plain text' and then click on 'save to file' and change the 'save in' folder to 'Desktop' and then click 'Save'.

Clear all your open windows and on the Desktop click on that 'report.txt' icon - this will open it in a text editor
(probably Notepad) and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the 'debug' entries and delete them, then use your mouse to hilight all the remaining text then copy and paste it to here.

For future reference: once you open Everest, click on file, preferences, report and uncheck the 'include debug information in the report' box. People rarely want to see that stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-your-help.100035/
Relevancy 36.55%

i have a xbox 360 and i just went wireless with the D-link DIR 615 n router i also have a D-link DBT 120 wireless adapter can i use this adapter instead of the xbox adapter ???? and how do i set it up???

need help bad

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-help-im-new-to-this.776537/
Relevancy 36.55%

to computer A friend asked me to help him with AVG download He told me that his - again! on log Seeking cannot once help, Norton has NOT been updated and I suggested he use AVG Seeking help, once again! - cannot log on Told Seeking help, once again! - cannot log on him how to get it He called because Seeking help, once again! - cannot log on he was not sure it was downloading correctly I went over there and got it downloaded It asked for a restart which I did But it would not let me log on It came up to the log on screen and I clicked on Administrator and nothing happened It will however boot up in Safe Mode I m sure this computer is full of viruses etc but I need to be able to get into it to get it fixed If he hasn t uninstalled it HJT is on there so I can run a scan from Safe Mode Should I do that or is there something else I should do first Or I could just let him PAY to have it fixed That s what he gets for not keeping his anti-virus program updated nbsp

A:Seeking help, once again! - cannot log on

correct forum to post this question to?

Any way, I did get AVG to run in Safe Mode, and it found 7 instances of viruses/malware, which I told it to fix. But, now we can't even get to the logon screen OR connect to the 'Net. I'm going to try running the recovery console from the XP CD. If I can take the computer back to prior to installing AVG, maybe that will work??? Any help, please!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-help-once-again-cannot-log-on.627057/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi and good day to all Can anyone please help me I'm having trouble with this tr rootkit gen thingy that my Avira Free Antivirus keeps on detecting every time I launch my favorite online game I already posted my Seeking Help problem in the game's forum but unfortunately no GMs FMs or Tech Support representatives have reply in our post A fellow forum-er there told us that it is not the game's fault and that our computer has been infected and posted some links that could help us clean our desktop TDSSKiller ComboFix Adwcleaner CCleaner and I did but unfortunately nothing works for me Well I am no expert so maybe I didn't do it right and hopefully didn't do anything stupid that could further harm my computer That is why I am here to seek help from the experts Can you also please confirm to me if the problem is in our desktop and not in the Seeking Help game cause this sudden warning started after the game's latest patch and upon checking other online games there is no problem and detection just with this specific game that when launch the Avira is detecting something Any help would be greatly appreciated Here is the screenshot of the warning And a fellow forum-er also have the same problem as mine and has a better screenshot First Second Third

Good day! 

I just want to bump and update my post.
And also say sorry about the title   I should have been more specific about my concern in the title.
I did try to edit it but unfortunately the title cannot be changed and I don't want to cause any more trouble by posting twice just to correct my title. I'm really sorry.

Back to my update.
One of the Game Moderator replied in our post saying that they already forwarded the concern to Avira conflict to the game but they didn't clarify to us if the game is at fault or if it's our desktop that is infected. Still I can't stop thinking that there is a big possibility that the game is at fault based on the GMs reply but I don't want to be at ease and I really want to make sure that my desktop is free from virus or any unwanted program so I am still seeking help cause I don't want to risk my desktop's safety and security.

Other players that have same problem with me already solved their problems by using the programs (combofix,adwcleaner,tdsskiller,ccleaner etc) that was posted by a fellow knowledgeable player and as I said I also did but didn't work for me and don't want to take the risk again because when I was exploring your site I read that programs such as ComboFix shouldn't be use unless under the supervision of an expert since it might cause more serious trouble if misused by an amateur like me. 

*can I say the game? well I'm saying it anyway for clarification it's Crossfire Ph.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542370/seeking-help/
Relevancy 36.55%

The last time I posted here it was almost a week or so till someone even replied to try and help me. So Im trying this again. I have a scour redirect virus. It sends me to random pages from google search 9/10 times. I need help removing this and any other viruses from my computer. HELP

A:Seeking help AGAIN

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499204/seeking-help-again/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi I am new here Please direct me to the correct area to ask my question or if you can answer it please do Much thanks to everyone here Help Seeking I found out after I ran combofix that I am NOT supposed to just run it blindly quot over the counter quot I certainly was not directed by anyone to use it I was simply reading up on some virus removal posts similar to my own problem and I ran it not knowing better Seeking Help My computer restarted fine and I am here posting about this after I read up Seeking Help on a little bit more and became a bit concerned My problem Seeking Help if one could call it that is this I had no space left on my computer about mb left before I ran combofix After the reboot and combofix finishing its business I free up to a GB of drive space Is this supposed to happen I dont know what sort of virus there are out there that takes up some GB or if there are things combofix does like erasing temp files or something Is this normal at all It doesnt help that I read some posts that says there is a problem with the rootkit combofix is using and that it deleted system critical files and such I am a bit concerned as to what happened Thanks Moderator edit moved topic to more appropriate forum and changed Topic Description jgweed

As you now know, running ComboFix is not recommended unless specifically directed to do so. Its a power tool!

You were dangerously low on hard drive space.
Does the system boot & run ok at this point?

Not sure if ComboFix deletes the restore points and cleans out the tem & temp internet files. I have only ran it once in a desperate situation.
If it does, that could easily account for the space difference.

BTW did it fix your problem? Just curious.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/122446/seeking-help/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am having a problem removing some malicious software on my computer I have Seeking Help run fully updated Spybot S amp D and Ad Aware several times but neither program seems to be helping much Logfile of HijackThis Seeking Help v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS System lgkno myvynyf exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System iyec ppcpq exeC WINDOWS System wdfmgr exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC WINDOWS System lddvaj jxie exeC WINDOWS System eenwj iwxbkdd exeC WINDOWS System cfpt qqsabbmx exec windows system priarle exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC WINDOWS System kbdbr exeC Documents and Settings Hutch My Documents HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dllO - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dllO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run PSoft C WINDOWS System psoft exeO - HKLM Run jxie C WINDOWS System lddvaj jxie exeO - HKLM Run myvynyf C WINDOWS System lgkno myvynyf exeO - HKLM Run ppcpq C WINDOWS System iyec ppcpq exeO - HKLM Run iwxbkdd C WINDOWS System eenwj iwxbkdd exeO - HKLM Run qqsabbmx C WINDOWS System cfpt qqsabbmx exeO - HKLM Run rbupow c windows system priarle exeO - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run etbrun C windows system elitezzi exeO - HKLM RunOnce MicrosoftAntiSpywareCleaner C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcASCleaner exeO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quietO - HKCU Run kbdbr C WINDOWS System kbdbr exeO - HKCU Run Spyware Doctor quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe quot QO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dllO - Extra button Spyware Doctor - D D A- - D -A A - C B E E - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dllO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net all xscan cabO - DPF DD -B E - C -B F-F D EA AvxScanOnline Control - http www bitdefender com scan Msie bitdefender cabO - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cabO - Service myvynyflgkno - Unknown - C WINDOWS System lgkno myvynyf exeO - Service NVIDIA Display Driver Service - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS System nvsvc exeO - Service ppcpqiyec - Unknown - C WINDOWS System iyec ppcpq exeO - Service System Startup Service - Unknown - C WINDOWS svcproc exe

Hello,Nice collection you have in there.Download Ewido Security suite:http://www.ewido.net/en/download/Let it perform a full update, but don't let it scan yet!* Download LQfix.zipUnzip it and save it to your desktop, don't use it yet!!* Reboot into Safe Mode`: ?To get into Safe mode as the computer is booting press and hold your "F8 Key" which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu". Use your arrow keys to move to "Safe Mode" and press your Enter key.* Doubleclick LQfix.bat that you saved on your desktop before.A doswindow will open and close again, this is normal.*Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked. Press OK to remove them.* Still in safe mode... Let Ewido perform a full scan and let it delete everything it is finding!!When the scan is finished, you'll get the option to make a log.Reboot back to normal mode and post a new hijackthislog together with the log from ewido.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/16845/seeking-help/
Relevancy 36.12%

Where would be the best place to go to learn to ins and outs of Excel.

A:Seeking to learn

You could have a look at this page and go through its links http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/ or maybe this one which is slightly bigger http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm or you could also either buy a book about it or borrow one from your library .......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-to-learn.303145/
Relevancy 36.12%

More or less a first time HJT user which is sad considering Ive been building my own computers for years now Hoping a few of you who know what they are doing could take a - Knowledgeable Log Seeking Over Look HJT glance and see what Im working with and help me remove uneccesary items Many thanks for your help and patience Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows HJT Log - Seeking Knowledgeable Look Over Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files x DNA btdna exeC Program Files x Panasonic VideoCam Suite VideoCamSuiteAutoStart exeC Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exeC Windows SysWOW CtHelper exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files x BitTorrent bittorrent exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main HJT Log - Seeking Knowledgeable Look Over Start Page https team airmed com Content login aspR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run RoxWatchTray quot C Program Files x Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe quot O - HKLM Run AsioThk Reg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLLO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRunO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeO - HKCU Run ISUSPM quot C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe quot -schedulerO - HKCU Run BitTorrent DNA quot C Program Files x DNA btdna exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run DevconDefaultDB C Windows system READREG SILENT FAIL User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run DevconDefaultDB C Windows system READREG SILENT FAIL User 'Default user' ... Read more

Relevancy 36.12%

does any one know of a translator that will enable IE to view this...

example: &#1047;&#1072;&#1088;&#1077;&#1075;&#1080;&#1089;&#1090;&#1088;&#1080;&#1088;&#1086;&#1074;&#1072;&#1085;&#1085;&#1099;&#1093; &#1087;&#1086;&#1083;&#1100;&#1079;&#1086;&#1074;&#1072;&#1090;&#1077;&#1083;&#1077;&#1081;

A:Seeking a translator for IE

I'd go to microsoft updates, i think its there you'll find in optional downloads, various language support downloads.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-a-translator-for-ie.308076/
Relevancy 36.12%

I won't take forever so i'll be as quick as possible yet detailed.
Issue:A Section of my keys on my keyboard have stopped working. Sometimes i can get them working again but only
if i hold down one or more of the keys that have stopped working and for about 5 minutes (Realistic time). Sometimes they stay
down and out.I don't know what to do tbh. I've ruled out that they are warn out keys and judging by how they all go out at
once?Yeah i think this may be a driver issue. Do i need to Reinstall my keyboard driver?

- Yes i've already checked the whole thing with the sticky keys

- This issue has been going on for about a year now

- This issue started i believe after windows 8.1 was installed

(P.S , please no rude responses.)

A:Seeking Help for my keyboard?

It could be the keyboard is defective. Try booting a live Linux CD/DVD like Knopix.

If the keyboard works correctly there then it's okay and the problem is with Windows 8.1, if not replace the keyboard.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63220-seeking-help-my-keyboard.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Can anyone tell me what is causing my Win Ultimate bit Asus P X from being repaired I have the following issues and have tried everything but just ran a scannow and got the attached log I CANNOT READ IT OR KNOW WHAT 7 reading log help Seeking CBS win MIGHT BE THE CULPRIT Known issues - Win will not shut down and has to use the power off button - this started about two weeks Seeking win 7 help reading CBS log ago Restore points Seeking win 7 help reading CBS log will not be saved even though they show up after creating them - after forced reboot they are gone I have adjusted the amount of storage to no avail on bootup there are three error messages which I have tried everything to solve and gave up a he application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID D DCB - - CE- B- BD D F and APPID D DCB - - CE- B- BD D F to the user Tammy b The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID B C C - - C -AB -FAA E F and APPID EA - - C -B - C EBDFDBB to the user Tammy DgiVecp failed to start - file is not available not the exact words which are not are not in front of me THE PC WILL SHUT DOWN NORMALLY WHEN EXITING FROM SAFE MODE I have attached the CBS log showing that scannow could not complete the required repairs but I cannot understand the error messages - I erased all data prior to Jul when I first ran the Scannow

A:Seeking win 7 help reading CBS log

Try a clean startup and see if it shuts down Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377199-seeking-win-7-help-reading-cbs-log.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Greetings all. I have no trouble with my computer, I would like some advice though. I recently installed XP on my computer and shortly after was finally able to get access to "Cable" after years w/ Dial -up. The "Provider" has "McAfee" for Security, and I have always used SpyBlaster, AdAware, SpyBot S&D, I also have started using "Windows Defender".
My question is; is this sufficient? Does anyone have any advice not only about "protection" but other things I may not know about h.s.i. that would help me?
Thanks to all of you & PEACE.

Relevancy 36.12%

1Hi,

I am hoping to get some help with my computer problem.  I've gotten an autoreply asking me to repost FRST logs, which I did, but still no response.  I am not taking action to fix this as I am waiting for your help!

If there is something else you need, please let me know.  If you won't be able to help me, please let me know too, as I need to take other action.  I am now leaving the country in several days and have a severe problem.

Thanks, Raphael

A:Still seeking help (4/28 post)

User being helped here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/574689/computer-has-severely-slowed-mouse-is-now-jerky-possible-mbr-infection/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575348/still-seeking-help-428-post/
Relevancy 36.12%

If someone could please help me remove these darn CiD popups I would appreciate it very much running xp

A:Seeking help with CiD pop ups...please help me remove them!

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!
Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.

Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-help-with-cid-pop-ups-please-help-me-remove-them.561097/
Relevancy 36.12%

Need original Parsons Technology Address Book 6.0 Disk in order to use program with 7. Can anyone help?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5cd034e7-a756-4cc2-89ff-46be89d930d6/seeking-software?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm not a very knowledgeable computer person and need some info and advice. I have a Compaq Presario Media Ctr. computer with a AMD processor, 160 G hd dr. 512 MB Ram. I would like to upgrade to a 2G RAM (max. 2 slots 1G ea. PC4200 DDR2 240 pin).
Not knowing much, I see all kinds of memory available. Some fairly expensive... some cheap.
I assume with memory, like most things, you get what you pay for. I found 2G, Corsair "value select" for about $33 and some other kind on Ebay (2G) for about $18.50 (buy now price). My finances are very tight.... what might be anyone's idea on which way to go?

A:Seeking advice...

well some people might disagree but if your looking for cheep ram I have had good luck with kingston

5Stars
free shiping
$25
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820144157

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-advice.775140/
Relevancy 36.12%

Desperately Need Some Advice My computer recently was attacked by some kind Help Desperately Seeking of Spambot which AVG did not pick up It took over my computer deleted my programs and took over administration privelages so that I could not use my task manager nor can I get on the internet I downloaded and scanned with AVG Avast Spyware Doctor purchased and McAffee purchased But I am still unable to see my programs and access the internet I am writing from Safe mode Desperately Seeking Help now and the virus still remains I'm so confused by it and am hoping some prince or princess can Desperately Seeking Help help me solve this Desperately Seeking Help frustrating puzzle Oh yes I'm using Windows XP Thank you so much for looking this over Below is the Hijack This log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network supportRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files PC Tools AntiVirus PCTAVSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exeC Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsGui exec PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ION amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS SYSTEM userinit exeO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Winamp Toolbar Loader - CEE EC- - bc- B - DDC AB C - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dllO - BHO Sigma plugin - DBF - B- D - F - D - C WINDOWS tasant dll file missing O - BHO QXK Olive - F CB E -C - E C-AF - AA FA - C WINDOWS vmgspntbsex dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO hpWebHelper Class - AAAE A- FFF- - C F- D DCB - C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr Vendors CN Hewlett-Packard L Cupertino S Ca C US plugin WebHelper dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLLO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG AVGTOO DLLO - Toolbar Winamp Toolbar - EBF BA - - c a- B-BB F D DE - C Program Files Winamp Toolbar winamptb dllO - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Prog... Read more

A:Desperately Seeking Help

Hello keden7,Since you are being helped by cybertech at Tech Support Guy herehttp://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-...ome-advice.htmlI am closing this thread. If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170500/desperately-seeking-help/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello Help Seeking Again Cookiegal from Cookiegal You helped me to clean up my infected system last time Now I need your help to clean another computer from a friend again My friend s XP PRO SP computer has installed NOD Smart Security and a popup has kept showing up lately stating that NOD has quaranteed WIN QHOST TROJAN infection This popup shows up every seconds or so The popup also states that the infection is doing something with the host file in Windows System Drivers etc I try to check the host file but it is not there I try to place back one but it is deleted as soon as I put it back I try to run Seeking Help from Cookiegal Again HJT in safe mode but Seeking Help from Cookiegal Again the computer becomes Seeking Help from Cookiegal Again blue screen as soon as I boot it to safe mode Try to run HJT in normal mode but HJT closes down immediately as soon as it finishes scanning Scanned the computer with NOD but it came up clean Can you please instruct me how to proceed Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

heys as the topic says i am planning on doing a hardware upgrade and need some help advices from more experienced people p Gonna note a few things first sorry for the post being HW Seeking upgrade help too long as always i am using a low budget but trying to make the most performance out of it building a gaming pc so i am upgrading just my m b cpu ram videocard and psu i guess being on a low budget mostly looking on the cheapest models from the Seeking HW upgrade help cheapest manufacturers lt lt living in Estonia and not everything u can suggest to me is available here higher prices i will have around us dollars included the estimated amount of cash i will get for my old stuff Here are my current thoughts and plans Videocard thoughts Already read tons of reviews was planning to buy a one but the only one offering good performance was ati x pro but then i decided to invest in a dx card gt seemed total garbage can get gts for and a gts mb one for and one prooved to be a LOT faster the videocard is the only part i Seeking HW upgrade help am willing to spend so much money on i AM building a gaming pc after all Concerns Buying a new PSU only bought cheap one in my life Bottlenecking don t want my videocard s performance to be decreased cause of the other parts gt lt CPU thoughts frankfully i don t know too much about cpus m bs ram Willing to spend on the cpu An AM athlon x seemed nice i ve read that AM socket is a failure is better but can only get a not sure if its dual core even one So it doesn t look like i ll miss out a lot if i buy the x one for that money Feel free to suggest an intel one i picked amd just cause my previous one is amd barely got any experience with neither of them Concerns still not sure if buying a dual core one is worth it can buy a faster average one for that price cooling will i need to buy some fan or something or will it be provided dont remember the last upgrade i did already lol better not be expensive gt lt Ram thoughts planning on buying gig of ddr first but i am DEFINITELY buying a second one as soon as i get more cash Some - one Not sure what mhz it should have read something in the am processor review something about currently supporting up to mhz ram but dont know crap about it there were quot Kingston DDR PC - MHz GB CL NON-ECC quot very cheap thought kingston is good o o quot Corsair GB DDR DDR XMS - Mx - - - Mx DRAMs with Heat Spreader quot for Concerns No concerns due to ignorance P M b thoughts - prefferably The only thing i know is that it should have an AM socket if am going for that proc ofc PCI-E slot and x DDR slots don t know if the rest matters o Just the huge- list of available models from different manufacturers bedazzled me lol Will any of them do as long as it has the above mentioned Totally need help here would just pick a random one Concerns are microATX the one i am looking for seemed like all of those AM ones were microATX o PSU thoughts i almost forgot about this only had to buy one once in my life so i didn t include it in my calculations at first so i was bit shocked to find that higher watt ones seem to be a LOT more expensive the min recommended watt for my videocard is quot watt power supply with a minimum of amps on the v rail quot I was really hoping a w one would suffice but after reading through some forums beginning to loose hope w one seem to be gettable for but once its a bit more W the prices start from x more expensive Concerns How much watt will i need for a quot ghz dual core cpu gigs of ddr and a gts mb quot note that i am not using any extra peripherals don t even have a cd dvd rom or a floppy drive connect rofl not using speakers connect headphones directly cooling thoughts dont know if i will need to buy any extra cooling but i don t have any planned in my calculations Feel free to suggest anything except for streching my budget prefferably P i am too excited to wait any longer for saving extra cash Thanks p nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Hey My moms laptop is just a couple months old and already filled with this crap Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Seeking Assistance exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ISS BlackICE blackd exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Seeking Assistance Dell AccessDirect dadapp exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Dell AccessDirect DadTray exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mm tray exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe c program files mcafee com agent mcagent exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mmtask exe C DOCUME KCHRIS LOCALS Temp ICD tmp svcmm exe C Program Files Bcpc bcpc exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Messenger Seeking Assistance msmsgs exe C PROGRA AWS WEATHE Weather EXE C Program Files ISS BlackICE blackice exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS system winupdt exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks Pro qbw exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE c Program Files PestPatrol ppmemcheck exe c Program Files PestPatrol cookiepatrol exe c Program Files PestPatrol ppcontrol exe C Program Files Intuit QuickBooks Pro qbw exe C WINDOWS system tralman exe C WINDOWS system tscvol exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C iPunch bin seds exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings kchristopher Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE S MNO HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard Shellnext http www mythreadbox com mythreadbox update v exe R - URLSearchHook no name - CA E FA- AFD- C -A DC- EB BE F - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dll O - BHO My Search BHO - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - C Program Files MySearch bar bin S BAR DLL O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E BD F- B D- E-C FF-FA FB BF - C WINDOWS DOWNLO megasear dll O - BHO no name - E BD F- B D- E-DCF -... Read more

A:Seeking Assistance

Hello and welcome to TSF

I see that you are using an outdated version of Hijack This. Please download and install the latest version by going to this Site

Please download Adaware SE and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Go to this Site to get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. Also make sure to Customize the settings in Adaware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Reboot your System.

If you have a fast internet connection (broadband), run an online scan at Trend Micro or RAV Antivirus.
Please select the ?autoclean? option when using Trend Micro.

Please post a fresh Hijack This log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/seeking-assistance-27601.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi i am having many problems with my pc First off i cannot have access to my hotmail account because my pc is infected Secondly I keep having pop-ups on sites that usually dont have Log! Help, Heres My Seeking any Also Norton detected a couple viruses but they cannot be removed Basically I just wanted someone to check my hijackthis log and see what pgrm doesnt belong there I appreciate the help thank Seeking Help, Heres My Log! youLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT System smss exec winnt system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINNT Explorer EXEC WINNT system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT Seeking Help, Heres My Log! system LEXPPS EXEC WINNT System gptqfb exeC Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-ca msnappau exeC temp salm exeC Program Files Windows ServeAd WinServAd exeC Program Files AutoUpdate AutoUpdate exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Windows ServeAd WinServSuit exeC WINNT System ctfmon exeC Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exeC WINNT System kd ertui exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC WINNT System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Documents and Settings rossi Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn ca SEENCA SAOS R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca O - BHO LocalNRDObj Class - -B C - A - F -F C D FAD - C WINNT localNRD dll file missing O - BHO no name - BE- D - CEB-ADD -E A D - C Program Files CxtPls cxtpls dll file missing O - BHO no name - C C -F F- D - B - ACD AE - no file O - BHO Setup Setup - E A - C- DE - B- FC CACA - C DOCUME ALLUSE APPLIC Setup Setup dllO - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dllO - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-ca msntb dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar no name - E F -EA - A - C-D ABC EED B - no file O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-ca msntb dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logonO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG C WINNT IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run IMEKRMIG C WINNT ime imkr IMEKRMIG EXEO - HKLM Run MSPY C WINNT System IME PINTLGNT ImScInst exe SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINNT System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINNT System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run SESync quot C Program Files SED SED exe quot O - HKLM Run winupdtl C WINNT System winupdtl exeO - HKLM Run CSV P C Program Files CSBB CSV P exeO - HKLM Run uwjzrx C WINNT System gptqfb exeO - HKLM Run msnappau quot C Program Files MSN Apps Updater en-ca msnappau exe quot O - HKLM Run salm c temp salm exeO - HKLM Run Windows ServeAd C Program Files Windows ServeAd WinServAd exeO - HKLM Run kdmvov C WINNT kdmvov exeO - HKLM Run AutoUpdater quot C Program Files AutoUpdate AutoUpdate exe quot O - HKLM Run farmmext C WINNT farmmext exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKLM ... Read more

A:Seeking Help, Heres My Log!

Now please Download LSPFix from:LSP-FixDisconnect from the Internet and close all Internet Explorer Windows. Run then program and check the "I know what I'm doing" Button and place all listings of c:\winnt\system32\calsp.dll into the remove section by clicking on the button that points to the right. When all instances of this dll are in the Remove section. Press the finish button.Then Reboot.To see a tutorial on how to use this program click the link below:Using LSP-Fix to remove LSP Spyware & HijackersWhen you are done post a new log Print out these instructions and then close all windows including Internet Explorer.Then I want you to fix some of those entries. Please do the following:Please make sure that you can view all hidden files. Instructions on how to do this can be found here:How to see hidden files in WindowsRun Hijackthis again, click scan, and Put a checkmark next to each of these. Then click the Fix button:O2 - BHO: LocalNRDObj Class - {00320615-B6C2-40A6-8F99-F1C52D674FAD} - C:\WINNT\localNRD.dll (file missing)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {016235BE-59D4-4CEB-ADD5-E2378282A1D9} - C:\Program Files\CxtPls\cxtpls.dll (file missing)O2 - BHO: (no name) - {017C20C1-F86F-11D8-9B25-000ACD002AE3} - (no file)O2 - BHO: Setup.Setup1 - {2E65A557-173C-4DE9-860B-28FC5CACA542} - C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\Setup\Setup.dllO3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0E1230F8-EA50-42A9-983C-D22ABC2EED3B} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SESync] "C:\Program Files\SED\SED.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [winupdtl] C:\WINNT\System32\winupdtl.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CSV7P70] C:\Program Files\CSBB\CSV7P070.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [uwjzrx] C:\WINNT\System32\gptqfb.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [salm] c:\temp\salm.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows ServeAd] C:\Program Files\Windows ServeAd\WinServAd.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kdmvov] C:\WINNT\kdmvov.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AutoUpdater] "C:\Program Files\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.exe"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [farmmext] C:\WINNT\farmmext.exeO4 - HKLM\..\RunServicesOnce: [1] C:\WINNT\System32\RegSvr32.exe /s C:\WINNT\System32\BCHal.dllO4 - HKLM\..\RunServicesOnce: [2] C:\WINNT\System32\RegSvr32.exe /s C:\WINNT\System32\BlstCtrl.dllO4 - HKLM\..\RunServicesOnce: [3] C:\WINNT\System32\RegSvr32.exe /s C:\WINNT\System32\BCInfo.dllO4 - HKLM\..\RunServicesOnce: [4] C:\WINNT\System32\RegSvr32.exe /s C:\WINNT\System32\BCMon.dllO4 - HKLM\..\RunServicesOnce: [5] C:\WINNT\System32\RegSvr32.exe /s C:\WINNT\System32\BCColor.dllO4 - HKLM\..\RunServicesOnce: [6] C:\WINNT\System32\RegSvr32.exe /s C:\WINNT\System32\BCDesk.dllO4 - HKLM\..\RunServicesOnce: [20] C:\WINNT\System32\RegSvr32.exe /s C:\WINNT\System32\BCPref.dllO4 - HKCU\..\Run: [go2nRQcpS] kd1ertui.exeO16 - DPF: {15AD4789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} - http://public.windupdates.com/get_file.php...82cd86cfdbaf87fO16 - DPF: {79849612-A98F-45B8-95E9-4D13C7B6B35C} (Loader2 Control) - http://static.topconverting.com/activex/loader2.ocxO16 - DPF: {F5192746-22D6-41BD-9D2D-1E75D14FBD3C} (ddm_download.ddm_control) - http://download.rfwnad.com/cab/ieplugin.CABReboot your computer into Safe ModeThen delete these files or directories (Do not be concerned if they do not exist)C:\Program Files\SED\C:\WINNT\System32\winupdtl.exeC:\Program Files\CSBB\C:\WINNT\System32\gptqfb.exec:\temp\salm.exeC:\Program Files\Windows ServeAd\C:\WINNT\kdmvov.exeC:\P... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/9926/seeking-help-heres-my-log/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello amp hi I have come to this board in search of the one known as 'The Old Timer' Having heard of his varied knowledge amp sustained ability to slay the wretched parasites that infest my PC I humbley seek his guidance For hours nay days I have trudged across the 'Old for help from Seeking Timer' vast expanse of the www and finally I sense I am within reaching distance of Seeking for help from 'Old Timer' the 'wise one' If he be hear please reveal yourself for I stand hear vanquished by the terror known as 'neededware' Indeed I will not return to my former glory until I have banished these blow up Seeking for help from 'Old Timer' boxes from my visual interface I lay before you the log delivered by my Kidnap Program amp hope you may find the time to bestow your renowned diligence upon it Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss Seeking for help from 'Old Timer' exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS System msdtc exeC WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System snmp exeC PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS System mqsvc exeC WINDOWS System mqtgsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS System ctfmon exeC Program Files Widcomm Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Widcomm Bluetooth Software BTStackServer exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exec windows system hzgqffv exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NSMdtr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk advanced search hl enO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO Norton Internet Security - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Norton Internet Security - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dllO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe ConsumerO - HKLM Run lczax C WINDOWS System lczax exeO - HKLM RunOnce AAW quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal Ad-Aware exe quot quot b quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run Norton SystemWorks quot C Prog... Read more

A:Seeking for help from 'Old Timer'

Hello Alfred_Downs and welcome to the BC forums. Thank you for your kind words! After reviewing your log I see a few items that require our attention. Please print these directions and then proceed with the following steps in order.Let's start with a scan for some hidden files because I think there is more going on here than we can see.Download PFind.zip and unzip the contents to its own permanent folder.Important! Reboot in SAFE MODE !!Start in Safe Mode Using the F8 method:Restart the computer in Safe Mode.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until the Advanced Options menu appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Safe Mode menu item.Press the Enter key.Locate the pfind.bat file and double-click it to run it. It will start scanning your computer and could take a little while so be patient. When the DOS window closes, reboot back to normal mode.Post the contents of C:\pfind.txt back here and I will review it when it comes in.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18957/seeking-for-help-from-old-timer/
Relevancy 36.12%

Not to do anything illegal. Seeking an anonymous way to not only send email but receive reply, with untraceable isp, etc. Need to report something and receive reply. Thanks!

A:Seeking Anonymous

You will need encrypted mail and the receiver needs the encryption key too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_encryption

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/seeking-anonymous.311381/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello everyone I am running windows ME on an HP New user help seeking XE I am having some issues with the computer New user seeking help seeming to bog down and eventually just lock up to the point of having to be hard started Also once the comp has ran a little while pictures start not loading up If I am on a website the computer will show however many pics are trying to load but they never do ALSO on start up a bar across the bottom of the page says MATCLI then it closes on its New user seeking help own I followed as many of the steps as I could but was unable to open up the SPYAD Here is my hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows ME Win x Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES EXECUTIVE SOFTWARE DISKEEPERLITE DKSERVICE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM KB KB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RESTORE STMGR EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HIDSERV EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD MMKEYBD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPSYSDRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZTSB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPHMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD KEYBDMGR EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONSCREEN DISPLAY OSD EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGEMC EXE C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGAMSVR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NETROPA ONE-TOUCH MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD MMUSBKB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZIPM EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C PROGRAM FILES BACKWEB BACKWEB PROGRAM BWDELAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS V EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WBEM WINMGMT EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http hp yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http proxy-server R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride ams-server localhost O - BHO no name - A FB EB - B- - D- F E E - no file O - BHO no name - A A F- FD- F- DE- D CE - C WINDOWS SYSTEM PTWSJPDO DLL file missing O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - Toolbar Starware - FB C- - CB - F -E F C - C PROGRAM FILES STARWARE BIN STARWARE DLL file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor C WINDOWS taskmon exe O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run Hidserv Hidserv exe run O - HKLM Run Keyboard Manager C Program Files Netropa One-touch Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run HPScanPatch C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPScanFix exe O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run Delay C WINDOWS delayrun exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS SYSTEM hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD C Program Files Hewlett-Packard B A - E - f - B -E A B C E hphup... Read more

Relevancy 36.12%

I know of a small (2-3 people) start up network for medical transcription that is looking for a part time network admin to work remotely including remote desktop repair/maintenance, network management, file access and permissions.

The server farm is being set up by the "brother" who's skill level I am unfamiliar with. He is going away and what is needed is a part time network/helpdesk person who can work remotely. They are also looking for some guidance on security and I am sure they need advice on disaster recovery, off site storage, RAID, firewalls, etc.

Any takers? Any guidance where I might look for such a person?

Thanks.

A:Seeking Network Help

I do all that for a living and am very used to remotely administering networks and advising companies on all the issues you mentioned. Please email me with more details.

Thanks....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-network-help.435328/
Relevancy 36.12%

Being the "computer idiot" that I am, I would like to ask a question. How hard is it to change a "hard drive" and how would one transfer everything from the old one to the new one? I am told that since the old one is making a lot of noise it may crash soon. I have a lot of pictures and stuff that I would not want to lose. I am VERY "computer challenged" so this most likely is beyond my capabilities. Any suggestions????

Relevancy 36.12%

Hello All Im currently lost with my system and Aid And Lost Seeking need some serious help I have encountered many problems over the last few days and am stuck as to what to do These problems include random computer restarts computer screen turning blue Lost And Seeking Aid and not going back computer Lost And Seeking Aid screen turning blue with the message STOP x xE BDA X X E BA X and saying PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA I have also encountered taskdir exe casing problems and after deleting it in Safe mode it will regenarte on restart also Zlbw dll I read those were viruses and to delete them I also encounter serious Lag issues that are normally after a certain amount of time Lost And Seeking Aid whilst playing online games when i Alt Tab and open up Taskmgr i see certain files such as game exe game exe game exe game exe I am literally lost to do and am loosing out on playing with some people in an online game Can you please help My hijackthis log shows nothing to what my knowledge tells me Here it is Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C ATI SUPPORT - xp dd setup exe C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL engine INTEL IKernel exe C Documents and Settings Danno Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe So basically it is random restarts blue screen of death as i call it and the error message which im not able to get back to windows and some lag issues caused by viruses My ISP have told me there is no issues and im almost certain it is a file rather than the ISP Thanks for your time Dan

A:Lost And Seeking Aid

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dllO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sysinter] C:\WINDOWS\System32\adirss.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lnwin.exe] C:\WINDOWS\System32\lnwin.exeO16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=39204O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exeO23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exeO23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exeO23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exeJust caught Inwin.exe and Adirss.exe running whilst i was lagging, again, also in my taskmgr is game1.exe game2.exe game3.exe game4.exe

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79421/lost-and-seeking-aid/
Relevancy 36.12%

I've gone home to my family's house these holidays to find the computer Hijacking Against Help Seeking here is hugely infected with spyware The most noticeable symptoms include the homepage being Seeking Help Against Hijacking changed to www virushelpzone com and the sudden closing of programs such as hijackthis and regedit msconfig I got a log for hijackthis in safe mode which will follow this post If anyone could help me out I would be truly grateful thanks Hijackthis log ----------------Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com ap ap en gen default htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com ap ap en gen default htmR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com ap ap en gen default htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http www dell com ap ap en gen default htmO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe quot -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run CaAvTray quot C Program Files CA eTrust Vet Antivirus CAVTray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAVRID quot C Program Files CA eTrust Vet Antivirus CAVRID exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe quot startintrayO - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run A C - C - - - d quot C Program Files Common Files A C - C - - - d Update exe quot te- - - O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - Global Startup Launchy lnk C Program Files Launchy Launchy exeO - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MI AA INetRepl dllO - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MI AA INetRepl dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MI AA INetRepl dllO - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters SearchList vic bigpond net auO - HKLM System CS Services VxD MSTCP SearchList vic bigpond net auO - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters SearchList vic bigpond net auO - HKLM System CS Services VxD MSTCP SearchList vic bigpond net auO - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip Parameters SearchList vic bigpond net auO - HKLM System CS Services VxD MSTCP SearchList vic bigpond net auO - HKLM System CCS Services VxD MSTCP SearchList vic bigpond net auO - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip Parameters SearchList vic bigpond net auO - Protocol bw - FFD EAF- D - -BCF - D F DCCBD - C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BWPlugProtocol- dllO - Protocol bw s - FFD EAF- D - -BCF - D ... Read more

A:Seeking Help Against Hijacking

Hello and welcome aboard Lets get started.Just for a fast log clean up (these aren't malware, optional though, definately not necessary in the log -- just takes space).... Please run a scan with HijackThis and check ALL the O18 Logitech Desktop Messenger lines like this EXCEPT FOR ONE:O18 - Protocol: bw+0 - {FFD06EAF-07D8-4551-BCF7-85D9F37DCCBD} - C:\Program Files\Logitech\Desktop Messenger\8876480\Program\BWPlugProtocol-8876480.dllBasically, check all the similar lines to this for removal (leave 1), then hit FIX CHECKED -- with all open windows closed except for HijackThis, including this browser window.Now for the malware cleanup Through Add/Remove Programs list, uninstall this entry:Outerinfo <-- Anything that says outerinfo.Then....---Please download Combofix to your desktop:Double-click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply.Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79685/seeking-help-against-hijacking/
Relevancy 36.12%

I was using Excel to do something but wasn't really happy with it I was looking for software is what that need Seeking software, if PIM-like really I a based on certain criteria without really knowing what Seeking a PIM-like software, if that is really what I need such a software would be called--the result was a PIM but I am not sure if this is really what I am looking for hence my asking here To some degree a PIM Chandler TreePad is useful for my needs What I need is perhaps something in between a PIM and database software--preferably free and as simple as possible so feature-rich may or may not be for me As a teacher I want to - - be able to keep a record of all of the names and phone numbers of my students - - their mark for given tests throughout the year - - a total for each student and the class as a whole Class ABC 'Basket-weaving in Mars quot - So John Doe - male -cell - - home phone - - test test test semester average year average Jane Smith - female - cell - - - home phone - - test test test semester average year average Class ABC Semester average Year average - - - Having different classes I would need to be able to do a search on the ''front page quot of any student or of any class and get its results there So search Mickey Mouse or search Class XYZ My Excel now has a different separate file sheet for each class and then again a single sheet file with all of them together The conclusion may be that perhaps I should stick with this and not bother with any other different software and having to learn how to use it

A:Seeking a PIM-like software, if that is really what I need

Do you need to have a separate sheet for classes? Put all of them in one page and add a class column. You can set some filters (on column headers) I am sure. Excel should be good enough.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373471-seeking-pim-like-software-if-really-what-i-need.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Yesterday McAffee kept help, possible Seeking Vundo. saying that there were registry changes I didn't know what they were from so I kept Seeking help, possible Vundo. blocking them They kept coming so stupidly I finally just clicked allow Not to long later windows security center pops up Saying it's detected Vundo gen G it attempts to remove it but fails I then ran Vundofix it found and infected file associated with PowerISO It removed it I think After that I proceed to run Ad-aware Spybot S amp D Spywareblaster panda scan Nothing has found anything really I still have these symptoms Windows Explorer stops working and resets Random tabs open up in firefox to adnetserver something like that The pages to usually load just says cannot connect I ran Deckard's system scanner and got these logs main txt Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Squidtech on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Windows Defender Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Windows Update - - UTC - RP - Scheduled Checkpoint Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup -- HijackThis run as Squidtech exe ------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Windows Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS mcvsshld exe C Users Squidtech Downloads dss exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK Squidtech exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY lion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts www google-analytics com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO no name - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptcl dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run SiteAdvisor C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe O - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synapti... Read more

A:Seeking help, possible Vundo.

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please save this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please let us know if you use dial-up for the internet. Thanks.

The reason your Vista system got infected is likely due to the fact that the UAC has been disabled.

Before you go any further, protect this system and re-enable that feature. Click Start>Control Panel>User Accounts and turn it back on.

Quote:

C:\Users\Squidtech\Downloads\dss.exe

Please note that tools are best Run from the Desktop. Easier to find and perform specialized functions which may be required.

Save to the Desktop and then Run from the Desktop. Thanks.

While Spybot's TeaTimer is an excellent tool for the prevention of spyware, it can sometimes prevent tools from fixing certain things.
Please disable TeaTimer for now until you are clean. TeaTimer can be re-activated once your HijackThis log is clean.Open Spybot Search & Destroy.
In the Mode menu click "Advanced mode" if not already selected.
Choose "Yes" at the Warning prompt.
Expand the "Tools" menu.
Click "Resident".
Uncheck the "Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of overall system settings) active." box.
In the File menu click "Exit" to exit Spybot Search & Destroy.
Download ResetTeaTimerSave it to your Desktop.
Double-click ResetTeaTimer.zip
Double-click ResetTeaTimer.bat to remove all entries set by TeaTimer.

I see you have P2P software ( uTorrent ) installed on your machine. We are not here to pass judgment on file-sharing as a concept. However, we will warn you that engaging in this activity and having this kind of software installed on your machine will always make you more susceptible to re-infections. It may be contributing to your current situation. This page will give you further information.

Please note: Even if you are using a "safe" P2P program, it is only the program that is safe. You will be sharing files from uncertified sources, and these are often infected. The bad guys use P2P filesharing as a major conduit to spread their wares.

References for the risk of these programs are here, here, and here.

I would strongly recommend that you uninstall it, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove this program, you can do so via Control Panel >> Programs and Features.

If you decide to uninstall uTorrent, also delete these Folders if they still exist:

C:\Program Files\uTorrent
C:\Users\Squidtech\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent

Download Combofix and Save it to your Desktop.... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/seeking-help-possible-vundo-260656.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm really worried about my pc. It boots up in less than a minute, all the pci cards work absolutely fine, and all the software works perfectly. The sound is pitch perfect and the onscreen graphics are rich and detailed. It updates regularly and there are no viri or spyware anywhere, despite repeated exhaustive searching. For crying out loud it even runs Doom3 on Ultra detail at 1024x768. What really concerns me that my home network finds all my shared folders and printers, almost immediately. And my broadband connection isn't failing at any time.

Please help, something is terribly wrong.

specs:
AMD athlon XP2600+
Asus A7V333 mobo
1GB pc2700 kingston RAM
80GB Maxtor 7200rpm hdd
160 Maxtor diamondpro 9 7200 hdd
ATi 9800 pro 128mb video
Hercules Digifire 7.1 audio
Hauppauge analogue tv tuner card, lined by svideo and connects to xbox
XP home

There must be some innovative ways to screw up this pc royal?

Relevancy 36.12%

Seeking help, I've just purchased new RAM, 2 gigs of Wintec DDR2 800mhz PC6400. The only thing is that I've just found out that my motherboard says it supports PC6500. The thing is that I've had one 1gig PC6400 corsair RAM in my PC the whole time.

Question is will it be compatible with my MoBo? (AB9/AB9PRO intel p965) Also with said RAM will I be able to slot those in next to my old RAM even though they are different brands?

Last question, my videocard a GeForce 8600GTS says memory type GDDR3, would that limit or reduce my cards performance since I'm only able to use DDR2?

Thanks

Relevancy 36.12%

I have been searching and trying everything I can possible do for almost 3 weeks now to fix my computer .... I am running W2K professional ... I do NOT have the OS disks I DO have the 4 disks to get to recovery console..... my computer is in a "LOGIN-LOOP" nothing works ........safe mode does the same thing ..... some say it is a virus ...I created a cd from...Avira rescue and that did nothing but freeze up on me .......... I realllly need some GOOD help here !! PLEASE !!

A:Desperatly seeking help

Can we run this, I believe it will run off a CD.Next run MBAM:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.36) and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2If you have a previous version of MBAM, remove it via Add/Remove Programs and download a fresh copy.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/220761/desperatly-seeking-help/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi everyone...
I am in dire need of help. My desktop just recently started NOT booting up!...I'm running Win7, and have no install disk as I bought the pc 2 years ago second hand. I DO have a Rescue disk, but it isn't doing any good...all I can work from on it is a DOS prompt. I have tried the various DOS command to repair the Mbr, and boot sector. I CAN see and access the C drive through DOS, but the system wont boot...someone PLEASE help!

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi - would appreciate assistance and guidance.

Similar experience to another message on this forum re a torrent that stated I couldn't view it until a codec update (June 04, 2016).
I actioned a program uninstall in safe mode for everything with a June 04 date, however SafeFinder will not uninstall and MPC Cleaner is not listed as a program but is elsewhere.
I tried to update Chrome and IE per instructions on other websites.
I attempted to delete anything MPC related from C: and message stated wasn't authorized.
I attempted a system recovery to May 31st but it didn't complete successfully.

I ran the FRST64 (thank you for the detailed instructions provided in a different thread).
Attached are two output txt files.

Lenovo T400
Windows 7

A:Seeking Help For Mpc And Safefinder

Welcome to Major Geeks!

This PC is very badly infected. You really should have run our full cleaning process before using FRST. We will more than likely still have to run the full cleaning process and/or make a few iterations due to how much malware I see. However let's try to get started using FRST.

Looking at your installed programs and see if you find any of the below. Uninstall them if found.

SafeFinder
Search module
Setup
WebOptimum

Now please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, Win7, 8 or 10, right-mouse click it and select Run as Administrator.
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Note: That JRT may reset your home page to a google default so you will need to restore your home page setting if this happens.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Attach JRT.txt to your next message.

Download the attached fixlist.txt file found at the bottom of this message and save fixlist.txt on your Desktop. Make sure you save it as a txt file.
You should now have both fixlist.txt and FRST64.exe on your Desktop.
Now I want you to disconnect your PC connection to the internet by unplugging the cable ( if it is wireless then temporarily shutdown the wireless network ).
Run FRST64.exe by right clicking on it and selecting Run As Adminstrator
Click the Fix button just once and wait.
Your computer should reboot after the fix runs.
Reconnect your internet connection after reboot so you can come back here to continue.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) please attach this new log to your next reply (attach or paste)

Then attach the below logs:

Fixlog.txt
JRT.txt
Please attach the above two log first before you continue with the below.

Also at this point, I want to double check your status by having you run another scan with FRSTand attach the new FRST.txt log.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/seeking-help-for-mpc-and-safefinder.303992/
Relevancy 36.12%

I want a firewall for Win starter to perform very specific program control This is why When away from home I connect my phone to provide minimal g internet access for my netbook When I did so last time within mins I had used MB even though I have all auto-updates that I am a certain firewall Seeking aware of turned off I am not interested in chasing the source of data usage Instead I want to ditch Zonealarm free and replace it with a firewall to strictly control inbound and outbound program access to the internet Seeking a certain firewall when using g data I want a Seeking a certain firewall firewall that will ask about every connection every time I don't want one that will provide 'intelligent' permissions e g Zonealarm or one that remembers if permission has been previously granted e g Zonealarm Any recommendations Your experience is valued P S I am not interested in replies such as 'Get MSE - it's really good' I'm looking for an experienced technical reply

A:Seeking a certain firewall

I use Avast Internet Security and it's firewall can be controlled down to the program level. It is not free but it works.

avast! Internet Security | Antivirus & Anti-spyware with Firewall & Antispam

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/283876-seeking-certain-firewall.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Greetings to all the knowledge on this forum Seeking your help! expert This is my first post so please bear with me My operating system is Windows XP home edition service pack version Internet Explorer Seeking your expert help! My problems are when on the Internet if I click on a link that opens in a new window it stops responding I cannot download anything without receiving the error message- I E has encountered a problem and needs to close McAfee however continues to be able to download updates automatically I cannot uninstall programs without the error message system restore cannot restore to an earlier time after going through the regsvr process - urlmon dll shdocvw dll actxprxy dll oleaut dll mshtml dll browseui dll shell dll - all were registered except Mshtml dll which returned an error stating it was loaded but the dll register server entry point was not found this file cannot be registered I would appreciate any help to resolve this these problem s Pricey nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Greetings, About two years ago my neighbor who was an IT Manager and has since moved took me thru a procedure to replace deleted files on my Computer.I have the XP CD for my Computer, which it requested and then it replaced several of my files that were missing.I have that problem once again so would any one be able to shed some light on this, as a step by step, or direct me to another Tech forum or the name of this procedure? Thanks to all

A:Seeking Files

Sounds like you are wanting to do a Sysytem File Check aka an sfc /scannow procedure. Take a look at this link. Remember to do your XP updates afterwards in case any updates/hotfixes were overwritten with the procedure.Be (sfc /scannow) SafeDa Bleepin AniMod, Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77298/seeking-files/
Relevancy 36.12%

As anyone who has a WD Raptor knows, we try to eliminate seeking on the drive as much as possible because of the racket it makes. I have noticed that without fail if I leave windows 7 idle for between 5-10minutes it starts seeking and making my drive sound like a chainsaw. I'm not sure what it's doing. I've tried looking in "ProcessMonitor" but too much is happening to figure it out. After about 5-10minutes of seeking it stops again. Oddly, if I move the mouse during any time the drive is seeking, it stops also.

Any ideas what it might be? I've turned off indexing on the drive. I'm fairly sure it's not any specific application as I've tested to see if it happens without any applications running (that aren't integral to the OS).

A:Windows 7 seeking

I've been looking at this myself on my WB Blacks. How did you turn off Indexing? Did you do it by right clicking on the drive in File Manager? If so you may want to also check the Indexing panel, which you can find by opening up the Control Panel and typing "Indexing" in the search window. That's a whole separate set of entries that also seems to be related to Indexing. I'm not sure what the relationship is between these and what turning it on or off from File Manager does.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/52686-windows-7-seeking.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I m having some slow start-ups with my computer and I keep getting a lot of pop-ups with my Norton Antivirus saying that it found an Adware lop and couldn t delete or quarantine it Here is my Hijack This log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS My Help-Here's Seeking Hijack This Log system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket shwserv exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe Seeking Help-Here's My Hijack This Log C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Music Server SSSvr exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket GPVSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform sv httpd exe C Program Files Seeking Help-Here's My Hijack This Log Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Media Platform UPnPFramework exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket RM SV exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA AIM aim exe c progra intern iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe D HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www pezutcqnxnyteuvaujfzn co c HI F uewjUE z uRUwXDGQoW GWBGDowA qKHJ html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepage F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo COMPAN Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run VAIO Recovery C WINDOWS Sonysys VAIO Recovery PartSeal exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot startintray O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run AIM C PROGRA AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Name Creative C DOCUME SHADOW APPLIC CHICID extragluecdrom exe O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger HKLM O - DPF BF D - C - B -BC -D ABDDC B QuickTime Object - http www apple com qtactivex qtplugin cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs director sw cab O - DPF FE BD - EE- A B-AA E- C F E E IWinAmpActiveX Class - http pdl stream aol com downloads aol unagi ampx en dl cab Any help is incredibly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Does anyone know of a good, reliable and free FLV player for Vista?

A:Seeking an FLV Player?

VLC Media Player does the job for me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/seeking-an-flv-player-224181.html
Relevancy 36.12%

i am seeking assistance on malware removal and system restore. some people tell me to properly remove such is to disable system restore while others say that it is a bad idea to do in case something goes wrong, plus if i restore back like a week before the problem, that would clear some of the malware and or hijack. i am very confused on what to tell a friend of mine to do with it as i was always led to believe that SR be disabled to properly clean a system, btw, it is an XP based system. just seeking assistance on this to whom may know for sure. thank you.

A:seeking assistance

Hi jaybee.. IMHO it is best to reset system restore AFTER you get your computer cleaned of Malware and spyware. A bad system restore point is better than none at all. Once you disable system restore all previous points get deleted... I would wait til after the fixing to reset system restore.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/21977/seeking-assistance/
Relevancy 36.12%

I read up on the dll file Seeking assistance that cannot be located upon startup I have this same prompt and went ahead and ran hijack to get a report I wonder if you tech guys can help me figure out how to smooth this system over and get rid of questionable pop ups that bring in run dll errors like this one error cannot locate C windows System stlbdist DLL here is the hijack report Any replies pleeze Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Seeking assistance C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Seeking assistance Jukebox mm tray exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C Program Files Common Files Dell EUSW Support exe C Program Files Kazaa kazaa exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files Dell Support Alert bin NotifyAlert exe C Program Files Media Media UpdateStats exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mmtask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe C WINDOWS aeiur exe C Program Files webHancer Programs whSurvey exe C Program Files Internet Optimizer optimize exe C Program Files SpyBlocs SpyBlocs exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfTray exe C Program Files McAfee com MPS mscifapp exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Internet Optimizer actalert exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MPFSERVICE exe C Program Files Alset HelpExpress Debra Petcove HXIUL EXE C PROGRA McAfee com PERSON MpfAgent exe C Program Files Alset HelpExpress Debra Petcove Client HelpExp exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Alset HelpExpress Debra Petcove HXDL EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hposol exe C Program Files Handspring HOTSYNC EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Alset HelpExpress Debra Petcove Client PrintMonitor exe C WINDOWS emsw exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles MSN EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System INSTAW exe C WINDOWS System Mmm exe C WINDOWS System NrwQ rB exe C Documents and Settings Debra Petcove Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C WINDOWS System left html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search windowenhancer com nph-search cgi affid sesm amp look stmpl amp sstring R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http search windowenhancer com nph-search cgi affid sesm amp look stmpl amp sstring R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http search windowenhancer com nph-search cgi affid sesbar amp look sbar srchbtn R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search windowenhancer com n... Read more

A:Seeking assistance

hi,.... firstly,..... i strongly recomend that u install a program called "ad-aware" from this site " www.lavasoftusa.com " update and remove the nasties

secondly,.... try webattack.com to see if ur dll file can be located and downloaded there

or http://www.dll-file.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-assistance.236060/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am looking for help in getting rid of the VeryLince trojan among other help trojan Seeking with things that are currently screwing up my computer Here is the HJT log and thank you in advance ogfile of HijackThis v Scan Seeking help with trojan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP dpps exe C Program Files Deerfield com Internet Neighborhood clipmon exe C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C WINDOWS System ndmonNT exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C KMaestro KMaestro exe C Program Files Browser Mouse Browser Mouse lwbwheel exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C PROGRA Iomega System ActivityDisk exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLHOS EXE c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Cas Client casclient exe C Program Files America Online a waol exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL EE AOLServiceHost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C KMaestro WTS KEY EXE C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files America Online a shellmon exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Stephen LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www myspace com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - C Program Files SurfSideKick SskBho dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - HKLM Run RegisterDropHandler C PROGRA CANONC TEXTBR Bin REGIST EXE O - HKLM Run Pop-Up Stopper quot C PROGRA PANICW POP-UP dpps exe quot O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run IN Clipboard Monitor C Program Files Deerfield com Internet Neighborhood clipmon exe O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRA Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run Drive Monitoring Agent C WINDOWS System ndmonNT exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run glxfkkej C WINDOWS System jgoeanne exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run KeyMaestro C KMaestro KMaestro exe O - HKLM Run LWBMOUSE C Program Files Browser Mouse Browser Mouse lwbwheel exe O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL EE AOLHostManager exe O - HKLM Run Pure Networks Port Magic quot C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe quot -Run O - HKLM Run CamMonitor C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe O - HKLM Run cfgmgr RunDLL EXE C WINDOWS cfgmgr dll DllRun O - HKLM Run wlif C WINDOWS wlif exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AOL Spyware Protection C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c... Read more

Relevancy 36.12%

I have a problemk with my computer in internet exploerer it keeps going to a page that it cannot find Also I cannot open certain programmes as they flash but wont load this is my hijackthis file Can someone please help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C Seeking Help Desperately WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Desperately Seeking Help WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C Program Files WinFax WFXCTL EXE C Program Files Trojan Guarder Gold Version Trojan Guarder exe C WINDOWS twain SiPix SCBlink Srvany exe C WINDOWS System DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXE C WINDOWS twain SiPix SCBlink USBPNP exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C Desperately Seeking Help WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WinZip winzip exe C PROGRA VCOM Fix-It mxtask exe Desperately Seeking Help C Program Files WinFax WFXMOD EXE C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C DOCUME GWENSH LOCALS Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com countries u en default htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http bt yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www matthew-james co uk R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - no file O - BHO Orbiscom - D AB B- - -B C - EF CA CE - C WINDOWS System SlimBho dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar no name - A E F- A- A F-BF B-B BC BD - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-gb msntb dll O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Microsoft Update Machine MSOICONS EXE O - HKLM RunServices Microsoft Update Machine MSOICONS EXE O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run CTHelper cthelper exe O - HKCU Run PcSync PCsync exe O - HKCU Run CPQHotkeys hotkeysvc exe O - HKCU Run Microsoft Update Machine MSOICONS EXE O - HKCU RunServices CPQHotkeys hotkeysvc exe O - HKCU RunServices CTHelper cthelper exe O - HKCU RunServices PcSync PCsync exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Controller LNK C Program Files WinFax WFXCTL EXE O - Global Startup Getting Started with MacDrive lnk O - Global Startup Trojan Guarder Gold Version lnk C Program Files Trojan Guarder Gold V... Read more

A:Desperately Seeking Help

Hello and Welcome to TSF

You are running Hijack This from a temporary directory. It needs to be in a permanent folder. Please go into Windows Explorer, click on C:\ then click on File > New > Folder and call it HJT , or another name of your choice. The program creates backup files that we may need to use later. If the program is in a Temporary folder, files may be deleted by you or automatically if your system is set to empty temp files.

Please download Ad-aware SE and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go here to get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Please download HijackThis - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in y if you agree. The result.txt file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the HijackThis forum. We do not need the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/desperately-seeking-help-45437.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I am using Windows XP Home OS, everytime I start my computer I get the following error messages:
CCregVfy.exe - application error
The application failed to initialize properly. 0xc015002

ccApp.exe - application error
The application failed to initialize properly. 0xc015002

Please tell me what does this mean and how can i fix it, I went as far as reloading my xp and it still didn't help.

A:Desperately seeking help

First thing to do is do a search on the file names on Google to see what they are. Then, you discover that it's something to do with Norton Antivirus. So, they're legit. Now, one must ask... what happened to the files? Did Norton Antivirus expire and you "deleted it"? Or what? If you still own it, can you reinstall it? That should put the files back where they belong, then no more error. If you don't own it or it expired or something, then UNinstall it, and see if that fixes it. BUT!!! Please beware!! You should NEVER be without virus protection for longer than it takes you to get it set back up again. But please try McAfee instead! So many fewer problems!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desperately-seeking-help.343767/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi,

Is Windows 7 . . .
I get lots of random BSOD with my windows 7, im wondering if any kind soul could help me out?

Details of my system:
Windows 7 Professional x64
full retailed version downloaded from school network in alliance with microsoft

1.5 Years old hardware with
0.5 years old OS

Attached is the zip file with the
Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder & the PERFMON HTML file

Thank you so much for your help.

A:Seeking help for BSOD

It appears ZoneAlarm is causing the issue. Please remove it with this tool: http://go.sevenforums.com/?id=3570X6...cpes_clean.exe

Reset the Windows Firewall next. Open an elevated command prompt and enter netsh firewall reset.

...Summary of the Dumps:
Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Fri Sep 3 06:29:38.017 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:50:21.921
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff800030c9af4}
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!CompareSecurityContexts+6a )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Fri Sep 3 03:38:26.377 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:11:06.296
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff800030d1af4}
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Thu Sep 2 07:58:51.010 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:00:01.539
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80003081af4}
Debug session time: Thu Sep 2 06:57:46.457 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:10:47.376
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff800030d5af4}
Debug session time: Tue Aug 24 06:25:47.966 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 3:50:40.971
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80002e92af4}
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Mon Aug 9 15:06:51.749 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:31:00.279
BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 406f8, fffff80002e52aaf}

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/108818-seeking-help-bsod.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I am still trying to find SOMEONE who has any idea about a CODEC error. I am needing to have this fixed post tic and am a complete novice when it comes to this type of thing. Can someone help me with an ADPCM 100 codec problem? I have Windows Vista and have Shark Vista codec downloaded but this error is not getting through. ANY IDEAS????

Thanking you in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desperately-seeking-help.930533/
Relevancy 36.12%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi there So last night I was browsing the internet and then all of my pages kept on freezing and I kept on getting System Doctor popups coaxing me to install it I tried exiting but the popups kept on coming so I just shut er down Now whenever I try turning on my computer the desktop doesn t load and the only thing that comes up is my wallpaper and nothing else I m currently using a different computer I m not a computer expert in the least and I have no idea what to do The only thing I can get my computer to do is quot control alt delete quot and that pops us but that s it I was hoping that maybe someone here can help Seeking Desperately Help!! me rather than having to take my computer in somewhere and spending money that I do not have Please please please help me It would mean the world -Brittany please remember that I am just a beginner nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

I would like to have the answer to a question that someone might know. I once ran across a free site that a person could go to that could enter a site # (I.E. 207.254.201.6) and find out "who" is at that "address." Is anyone familiar with this? Somehow I lost this information and would like to find out about it again. This is THE BEST site I have found to help out "computer idiots" like me. Thanks, 1stressedguy

A:Seeking Information

One of many

http://www.whois.sc/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-information.478979/
Relevancy 36.12%

hello all i recently purchased a new pulled LCD for my HP pavilion ZT US notebook the old please with help Seeking replacement LCD one is damaged and not covered under warranty i have tried contacting HP for advice as well as the manufacturer of the LCD but no-one seems to be able to offer any sound advice or direction so here s Seeking help with LCD replacement please the deal i m not a tech of any kind but found that replacing the screen is actually quite simple so i prefer to do it myself if at all possible old screen is a Samsung LTN X -L new screen is a Samsung Seeking help with LCD replacement please LTN X -L both the vendor and the manufacturer insist that the two screens are compatible and exchangeable but when Seeking help with LCD replacement please i installed the new screen L it simply doesn not work remains black HP contact theorizes that there is a switch on the motherboard that i need to reset the local HP service center tells me i need to purchase the exact same model number of LCD through him of course at times as much as i paid for this screen that the L and L are not compatible the vendor refuses to accept the new screen as a return because his sources tell hiim the two screens ARE compatible he insists he did NOT sell me the wrong screen so having little experience in this sort of thing i can t know for sure of course but at the Samsung website this screen is listed generically with specs without any of the -L -L -L -L suffixes so i am presuming that they are all interchangeable ah just hoping someone here can help me please anyone how can i install this screen and get it to work many thanks and kindest regards to you all carma nbsp

A:Seeking help with LCD replacement please

I do not want to sound like I am rubbing salt in the wound , but you admit to not being a techie yet you attempted a major Technological repair, without a little backup.
The individual that sold you the screen; you did not confirm his return policy .Did he know you were a novice and his return policy would not be affected by this fact.
It is important to cover your rear when you attempt this type of thing. I feel for you because I have also been caught in between like this and I mention this to WARN others.
I would try one thing ,If the old screen is useable enough .Re-install it and delete any video drivers ,then switch to standard vga drivers and re-boot.
I would then install the new screen and if it comes alive I would install the latest driver from the screen Manufaturer if they are availible.
Barring that take the machine to the screen supplier and try urge him to help get it working since he says it works.
Good Luck and let us know what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-help-with-lcd-replacement-please.21113/
Relevancy 36.12%

I just reformat Dell vostro 220s with Window Vista. I thougth It's gona connect to the Internet automatically. But It wasn't. From the DELL, I downloaded the driver. Still, it doesn't work. It said,
"There are driver or hardware problems with the network adapter "Realteck RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)" is experiencing driver or hardware related issues"
Please help me out to get the internet back.

For this computer, Window XP is better than Vista?

Thanks a lot

Relevancy 36.12%

Can anyone point me to a diagnostic tool which can tell me if my Outlook Express has been corrupted in any way?

A:Seeking OE diagnostic

Hi David:
If you are experiencing a problem with OE in regards to a "message cannot be displayed" problem or cannot open emails or delete them, then your another victim. If you go to the web site" aumha.org" and click on forums you will see a whole lot of threads regarding this OE problem. There are also threads on the microsoft forums site regarding this problem. You will of course have to sign up etc.
Bruce

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeking-oe-diagnostic.643295/