Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Zune 30GB

Q: Microsoft Zune 30GB

Well I was in the market Zune Microsoft 30GB for a new mp player as I broke my old Creative Zen MicroPhoto and ended up buying a Zune on ebay they are not actually available for sale in stores in Australia First Microsoft Zune 30GB off I was expecting a much larger box for it to arive in I was kind of suprised that it was as small as it was not that its really small though The layout of the box is kinda neat though Headphones that came with it are pretty good for default earbuds they also are magnetic and have small little clips on the back so you can clip together back to back Nifty and rather handy I have found Video quality is very nice for an mp player I think Although I dont use it for video just music I have watched the little videos that came on it I thought they were very nice quality It has WiFi novelty maybe but not a feature I really care about and think I will ever use Interface looks nice and performs well although I do prefer the interface of my old Zen MicroPhoto I am dissapointed that you cant use the device as a portable hard drive I have read that you can do a couple of changes to your windows registry and it will show up as a portable hard drive But I dont really care about this I have flash drives that are sufficient for my portable storage needs Its not perfect and has no extraordinary features but If you are in the market for a mp player and don t like iPods as I do consider a Zune If anyone has any questions about the Zune I will be happy to help you as best I can nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Zune 30GB

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft Zune 30GB

Did it come with the new firmware ? When the second generation of Zune players came out, it was officially possible to upgrade old Zune players to the second generation firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-30gb.101363/
Relevancy 84.28%

Having problems with your 30gb Zune this morning? Don't worry, Microsoft is working on the problem. I am sure they will have a fix for it on Patch Tuesday. I am seriously pissed right now.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-10129977-75.html?tag=newsLeadStoriesArea.1

Relevancy 83.42%

I have a Microsoft Zune 30 GB
I have downloaded on my computer
how do I transfer it from my PC
to my Zune 30GB ?
please give it to me step by step
I do have the cable going from the Zune to my pc

2) how can I make it that it should download the Hebrew letters ?
if not, please tell me
how do I change to english letters
and when do I change it ?

please advise on all step by step

thanks
sigmund
[email protected]

Relevancy 60.63%

I just heard today that MS is going to release a rival to the Ipod. Anyone heard much about it? Sounds like it works on its own version of itunes, does that mean it won't work with windows media player?

A:Microsoft Zune

The Zune is coming out November 14th with a $249.99 price tag for 30 gb of storage. You can pay an optional $14.99 monthly subscription dubbed the Zune pass that gives you access to "millions of songs". You can also buy individual tracks for 79 microsoft points.

Link to press release with more information including how much the accessories will cost.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/sep06/09-28ZunePricingAvailabilityPR.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-zune.505400/
Relevancy 60.63%

Well i'm not really sure if thiis is the right place to ask but has any1 bought or know someone who has a zune? im thinkin about gettin 1 and am not really sure if they got all the bug worked outta them yet, cuz i heard that they don't work as a hdd yet but they are workin on it. got any suggestions?

A:Microsoft Zune

Yeah, I bought one the same day they came out. I was looking at an iPod. Some friends have had problems with them so I decided to check out the Zune. It can not be used as a HDD at this time as you already know.

Funny thing is, or I found it amusing at least, is that right out of the box it requires a firmware update! Looks like something sooooo new, MS would have already done this before release. The update only takes a few minutes, no biggy really. BUGS???I have not encountered anything strage operationally.

One thing(s) to consider.....the iPod's I believe have adjustable EQ's where the ZUNE only has presets to choose from. The ear buds that come with it really dont sound that great....to me at least. It is ONLY compatable with XP, forget about using 2000. I had to upgrade my laptop to XP to use the Zune, didnt realize this at purchase. Not compatible with Vista either....as of yet anyways. You will need to buy a DVD converter to copy movies to the Zune. Or try and find a free one....they dont exist believe me. (my problem now is finding one that works well, there are many out there)

The Zune software you DL on your PC is very easy to use. The screen itself on the Zune looks very very good. It comes pre-loaded with several music videos and short movie clips. The Zune syncs easy with the PC, no problems at all....so far....remember this is by MS!

So far I am happy with mine....I have already DL'd around 300 songs on it. You can search your music by band, genre, song etc. Storing pictures on it is very similiar. So far I would recommend you buying one!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune.63598/
Relevancy 60.63%

When I upgraded to windows 8, I kept my music on an external hard drive. I opened up microsoft zune to import my music and it popped up with error code C00D0BBE: DRM could not be used. I looked for a fix, but the fix is dependent on windows media player, which windows 8 does not have. I can refresh the licenses, but it won't do any good if I don't have windows media player or the windows DRM component. Can anyone help me?

A:Microsoft Zune DRM?

Does the device show up as a usable device in Settings > Account after opening Zune and logging in? If not, your problem is larger than playing music.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/4544-microsoft-zune-drm.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I really didn't know where to post this, but does anyone know if the new Microsoft Zune MP3 player supports Asian text? The VAST majority of my music contains some sort of Asian text, be it Chinese or Korean. It would be a real kick in the nickers if I couldn't read the titles of my... 3,000+ songs.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-zune.529198/
Relevancy 60.63%

I m not sure if this is against the rules on here but do any of you own a Microsoft Zune the nd generation gb First of all I love the player and would own another one in a heart beat maybe get the HD models But the question is does anyone have the same issue where the player freezes on you during playback It is so random but the music freezes up on me With that said it doesn t do it a lot just occasionally and when it does its annoying It will play freeze play the song further then freeze Sounds like a scratched CD Something else I read was something about the clocks They sent me a mailing label to mail it back zune Microsoft because they were going to Microsoft zune replace the hard drive in it The second thing I have going on with the player is that during data sync I get a ton of error codes saying quot problem communicating with the player quot please reconnect and reboot the device Well long story short I have to keep re connecting the usb cable and keep hitting the sync button and eventually all of my music copies to the device What I dislike about the zune is the zune software I believe that there is glitches in the zune software itself its too generic not very user friendly and wishes I could just use Windows Explorer I have another mp player from creative labs the zen extra and its music management program works flawless and its user friendly But I wanted to ask around and see if other people own a zune and had the same issue If so did you get it fixed and what did you do to get it fixed Mine was a refurbished model from ebay paid dollars for it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-zune.1070126/
Relevancy 60.2%

Last July i bought a microsoft zune mp player for my birthday I installed in on a crappy lowgrade Toshiba Tecra Laptop my primary computer running xp pressional Installed without a hitch and worked great In october the hard drive crashed and burned literaly i was using the computer when it happened so i was using the house pc until i bought a new Player Zune Mp3 Microsoft one on I am using this one currently Its an exellent computer that can run anything dell insprion BUT it cant run anything because of Vista Vista is the one and ONLY problem that i have with compatibility My Microsoft Zune player will not work on vista unless i download the patch that they made That is where the problem is My vista is the Microsoft Zune Mp3 Player Basic home edition bit and the patch is made for the Vista Premium bit WTH The company makes the VISTA and the ZUNE Is there a patch for the bit or do i have to upgrade my OS or prefereably downgrade to XP home edition or wait a few months and buy an mp player that will work on vista The house computer running windows XP home is off limits to my ZUNE so that option is out of the question I dont want to buy a new anything I just want my MP player to work Right when I loaded the disk in the computer it said not compatible with operating system and thats how i found out about the patch I hope that i didnt waste one something not even a yr old So is there some other way around my problem There is a game that i play Delta Force Black Hawk Down I bought that game back when it came out in i believe and that is the only thing that i installed on this computer that worked without a hitch nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-zune-mp3-player.673359/
Relevancy 60.2%

does anyone know what the hell is up with these things i bought one aroudn xmas time cuz it was supposed to be the new best thing that was user friendly i got it brand new from Besy Buy theres not one bit on instructions and no kind of message board or anything on their site All there is is a support line that of course is closed now st all of the sudden this thing just starts adding files from my cpu to the zune library whenever I open the software I changed the option to quot not automatically sync when i open the program quot nd for the life of me i cannot figure out how to put videos on it It either wont accept the file when i drag it in it gives me the little X or it adds the video with no sound again there is no instructions pleaseeeeee zune help microsoft AT ALL and the support and troubl shooting on the web i do not have the patience for thanx nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

I am running xp sp3 and i just did a system restore. Now my zume software will not run. When i clickon the icon, i get the loading mouse pointer, then it goes off and the program does not run. when i go to run in the start menu, put in "zune.exe". in the task manager it shows it come up for a second,then the process dissappears. I have uninstall and reinstall 4 time , no luck .I have check all suggestion ever thing ok.This issue was before i installed sp3.To day i unstalled zune again, but this time i installed version 1.0 from cd that can with zune device, it will open.but when i plug the zune device in ,it state "to start, update the zune software on your pc." I went to windows update and downloaded version 2.5, but when it said launch nothing came up. Everthing is same as before.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-zune-software-will-not-open-290925.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I had some problems with Microsoft Zune, it abruptly gave me "Microsoft Zune has encountered an error" message etc, I tried to uninstall it but hit a wall and had many problems. At my wits end I decided to do a system restore and start anew. All hell broke loose then, my Microsoft Security Centre has now renamed both firewall and virus to alerts to "Freedom" and I'm getting messages about how "Freedom" can not launch properly. Zune has gone completely nuts on me and wont even uninstall and sometime on boot up I get nothing but a blue screen background with my mouse cursor. It's all very tedious, help would be appreciated.

A:Microsoft Security Centre "Freedom" and Zune.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344001/microsoft-security-centre-freedom-and-zune/
Relevancy 58.91%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, my Zune software does not recognize my Zune 80 Gb Player. It shows up in Device Manager, has the latest driver installed, and shows to be working properly, but does not show up in My Computer. The Zune is in Player Recovery Mode, and I have received the following error code "C00D124F-not enough space; try deleting some flies & try again" when it tries to update. I have tried several self-help solutions, but nothing has worked! Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-zune-software-doesnt-recognize-my-zune.910971/
Relevancy 45.15%

I uninstalled almost everything unimportant and blocked futile apllication from startup but still something is hogging my RAM and i cant find out what it is so im in need of some professional help I run Windows Vista Business SP GB RAM Hijack This log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C 1.30GB From :S HELP Taken RAM Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard IAM bin asghost exe C WINDOWS SMINST scheduler exe C Program Files PDF Complete pdfsty exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools Security Manager pthosttr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C WINDOWS System igfxpers exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus VPTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation vmware-tray exe C Program Files VMware VMware Workstation hqtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe F Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program 1.30GB Taken From RAM :S HELP Files NetSupport NetSupport School runplugin exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared Roxio Central Main Roxio Central exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c none amp bd smb amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c none amp bd smb amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c none amp bd smb amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Click-to-Call BHO - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - C Program Files Windows Live Messenger wlchtc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Solid State Networks IE Browser Plugin - BD A D - E C- f - A -C CB E - C Windows system SolidStateNetworks SolidStateION solidax dll O - BHO Credential Manager for... Read more

A:1.30GB Taken From RAM :S HELP

HJT logs are for malware removal and should be posted in that forum. But the results will help in solving your problem, though we can't help you remove malware even if we see it there in the process.

What makes you think that something is wrong with your RAM in the first place? Memory is well managed by Windows and there is no need to be watching its usage.

Uninstalling programs will not change the RAM usage one bit even if you uninstall every program on the machine. If they are not running, they are using no RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-30gb-taken-from-ram-s-help.823650/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I built my Win SE PC in November using a new IBM Deskstar GXP GB Hard Drive It s ATA- quot LP RPM Model DTLA- It s been working fine up until a couple months ago I went to boot it one day and heard the drive spin up and make a metal on metal scraping sound very rhythmic at about scrapes per second Of course Win SE wouldn t load so I Bad? IBM HD Going 30GB rebooted and the sound dissappeared but it dumped into Safe Mode I rebooted again with my Emergency Disk ran a full Scandisk and it said it corrected IBM 30GB HD Going Bad? an quot hard drive incorrect capacity size quot error and no bad blocks were detected Then I reboot and the PC works fine This has happened a couple times in the last few weeks and I m starting to wonder if the hard drive is starting to fail The problem is always preceeded with the metalic scraping noise IBM 30GB HD Going Bad? well before the OS begins loading After I bought the drive I started seeing customer complaints about the IBM Deskstar GXP series but never had a problem with mine until now Would you say it s time for IBM 30GB HD Going Bad? another hard drive or should I be looking at a less obvious problem Thanks Kevin nbsp

A:IBM 30GB HD Going Bad?

Racer 24

Getting 4 years out of a harddrive is pretty good. But what I would do is get a copy of IBM's Drive fittness program. I should tell you more about what is going on. And I would make sure like real quick that I have a backup of anything important on that drive.

Storage_man

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ibm-30gb-hd-going-bad.273866/
Relevancy 44.72%

hi i was wondering if some one could help me i have a GB maxtor y l HDD i have partions c GB and d GB in my 30GB is hdd missing the c drive properties it says that GB of the space is full but according to all the folders in the c only add my hdd is missing 30GB up too GB i have all show all files and folders on and show system files i have xp sp fully updated and installed on d if thats any help i had a similar problem with a previous xp installation when i originally formatted the hdd it was missing GB it would be read as a GB hdd before and after xp installation but i have done several fresh installs since then and it has always been read as GB since if anyone has any suggestions i would be grateful for the help oh and since i installed the os on the smaller d partion all the xp install folders are still on c could this be the problem i also heard some one mentioned something about k files on a similar tread could somebody elaborate on this nbsp

A:my hdd is missing 30GB

I had a similiar problem
had a problem with vegas sucking up virtual memory
check this area
I dont setup the drive the way you have it mine is about backwards from yours
OS installed on 10 gb drive after that PM'ed for 10gb /30/30
and so on for diff OS's and apps
I do have 7 hard drives ,it can get confusing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-hdd-is-missing-30gb.37408/
Relevancy 44.72%

I ran into an issue reformatting my 30gb drive after using GetDataBack to recover data from the drive. Partition Magic sees it as 8gb accessible, Disk Management sees it as 7.8gb inaccessible. The BIOS sees it as 30gb and the PM8 DOS boot floppy sees it as 30gb. (8gb and 21gb) I formatted the 21gb as the 8gb was already formatted with the PM8 Windows. I booted back to windows but it still says 7.8gb in Disk Management but now says 8gb and 21gb in PM8 Windows. They are accessible in PM8 but not through windows. I have SP4 on board and all other updates. I know there is a solution for this but itís escaping me. Anyone out there to jog my memory about this?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi im planning to buy 30GB SSD for my PC which will of course work as a OS drive. I'm looking for a drive that should be reasonable in price and its performance. Here in my city i can find Kingston, Corsair and Intel SSD's but don't know if i can find 30GB capacity coz mostly 60GB and above are available. Also let me know if there are any reliable Websites that accept and ship orders internationally with reasonble shipping rates. I think getting a SSD in a courier wont be a problem as SSD's are completely shock proof so please give me suggestions.

P.S. Let me know if there are any offers and discounts going on any website coz i just saw a video on youtube where a guy bought Corsair Force GT 90GB SSD for just $100 on offer

A:30GB SSD Suggestions!

I would honestly go for at least 60gb. Windows 7 takes up quite a bit of space and you'll probably want to put a couple applications on there as well. I got a 120gb for my first SSD and I've used up at least 60gb. Although I did put a couple big applications on it like Photoshop, but I used well over 30gb before that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251971-30gb-ssd-suggestions.html
Relevancy 44.72%

So I decided I am going to completely restart with a fresh install of Win 8 but the install ended up being nearly 30GB. That is without any programs installed yet, essentially a brand spanking new install.

My install was the upgrade option, over Win 7, and if I remember correctly, I chose to completely wipe out the old OS.

I did see a win.old folder, but have deleted it, or as much as Win 8 will let me. The properties of the win.old folder now says the size of the folder is 0 MB, however, the install is still around 30 GB.

What is the typical size of a 64bit Win 8 install supposed to be? Are there some hidden or left over files that can be deleted?

A:Why is my Win 8 install so big, almost 30GB

How much RAM do you have? You need to factor in the pagefile and hiberfile.sys size.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/14988-why-my-win-8-install-so-big-almost-30gb.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Will Windows 7 RC fit on a 30gb drive? I'm looking at buying this SSD for Windows 7 RC as it'll be my new main OS now.

Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex Series 2.5" 30GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks

Then I'll just get a few WD Black 640gb's or something for Programs, Data, etc.

A:Will Windows 7 RC fit on a 30gb drive?

Hello Bryce,

Yes, Windows 7 only needs a minimum of 16GB for it's installation. The rest of the space is for your installed programs and files, so it will depend on much you plan on installing afterwards to.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/8897-will-windows-7-rc-fit-30gb-drive.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello do SATA to II on OCZ 30GB what Advice SSD with I have a Dell Mini with a GB SSD in it I don t save many files on my computer so until recently the GB hard drive was more than enough for my use and I found the speed to be very good I decided to Advice on what to do with OCZ SATA II 30GB SSD upgrade to a GB SSD but when I purchased it I mistakenly bought a OCZ SATA II GB hard drive rather than the PCI-E compatible drive Obviously an embarassing error on my part but now I need to decide what to do I got a great deal on the GB OCZ drive on tigerdirect com I could return it but after paying the shipping to return the item plus a restocking fee I have done the math and figured I might as well just keep the drive My question is what is my best option for getting the most for my money Buy a new or refurbished laptop and use the OCZ drive for that or use the drive for a future use and go ahead and buy the correct SSD for the Dell Mini I would also consider an option to buy a desktop and use the SATA drive for that Appreciate any suggestions you might have nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

OK, i know it's a long shot but i have approx 300gb of stuff on an external hardrive, music movies games etc that i would love to compress but i'm not too sure how to configure winrar to compress to the smallest amount possible.
So what helps or tips do any of you uber smart guys know off that may help me?

A:Using a program to compress 30gb

Why? Not only would it probably take hours, but why? Most audio and video files are already compressed, and a rar file containing them may actually be larger than the original size. Try a few of them to see what I mean.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-a-program-to-compress-30gb.659312/
Relevancy 44.29%

Just got a new Maxtor 30 gig DiamondMax +40 to replace a rather ancient Seagate 6.4. Will use the new drive as boot drive after transferring old drive contents to new, running Win98.

Aside from the self-evident advantage in running scandisk and defragging smaller partitions, is there really any tangible advantage to splitting up the new drive into 2 or more partitions? I have no plan to run any other OS, so unless there's a concrete reason to partition, am inclined to leave it alone.

All input will be appreciated.

A:Why partition new 30GB drive?

How about some day you have a system crash and need to format and reload the O/S on the c:\ drive. If all your important data is stored on the partition D:\ the format will not destroy your saved data.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-partition-new-30gb-drive.32486/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

My hard disk(160GB) is full although I've just used 30GB (OS include). The antivirus is updated and the scan shows no virus.

Could you please assist.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/my-hdd-160-gb-is-full-although-ive-just-used-30gb-os-include-413060.html
Relevancy 44.29%

ok im completely lost a customer was having problems with their computer it seemed to 30gb? showing up 100gb as hdd be the hard drive wont boot to windows hard drive clicking like crazy will boot to safe mode but really slow at accesing anything on the drive what my plan was is to quot clone quot the drive to another they really dont want to lose any information the pc is a compaq with the back up partition no recovery cd of course plus like i said they want to keep all of the information on the drive so i 100gb hdd showing up as 30gb? downloaded acronis true image to use for the cloning process now i was cloning the cusomers hard drive that was a seagate gb drive to a seagate gb drive i had laying around that i know worked fine just to make sure the process would work without problems before i purchase the customers new drive the customer was only using approx gbs and the back up drive was around so i didnt think the size difference in drives should matter the process seemed to work correctly at first how ever the quot cloned quot drive would not boot so i threw it in another pc to see what was on the drive and it looked almost correctly except for the drive only had the quot back up quot part of the customers drive not the whole thing inlcuding the C drive nothing was there for user files and all that the main thing that needed to be quot cloned quot now the drive that i cloned to was only showing up as a gb drive so now i thought id use parted magic usb to go in and destroy all contents clear the partitions of the drive and start over the drive is only showing partition as gb with nothing else being found what am i missing and what can i do to get this drive back to how it should be so i can try cloning the customers drive again any information and suggestions would be great nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100gb-hdd-showing-up-as-30gb.833226/
Relevancy 44.29%

I want to make the move to SSD on my notebook. However, I am researching and seeing that a 30GB SSD may be to small for Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium especially with future windows updates. I am trying to reduce my current Windows 7 64 install on my original 320GB drive to see how small of a footprint I can accomplish, but I end up only reducing the install to 32GB after all the tips I've read out there.

I have uninstalled everything I can think of and turned of system restore. Any other tips and/or advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

A:30GB SSD large enough for Windows 7 64?

Quote: Originally Posted by unknown

Any other tips and/or advice is much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi.

You could use a program like VLite to remove additional Windows components, but I would think 30GB is still too small.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74166-30gb-ssd-large-enough-windows-7-64-a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi All,

I have recently bought a new external hard drive, i transfered all data from HDD to it, C/DRIVE stated 180GB Memory free, after defragging the HDD it now say's 146GB free. I have ran TreeSize to see where the memory is being used and it is calculating 86.6 GB in use.

Adding this to the remaining memory only add's up to 232.6GB but there is a total HDD capacity of 268GB, a difference of about 34GB!!!

Can anyone help?

A:Memory Issues, 30GB short?

Hi have you tried running disc clean up,this is another possible
http://www.wikihow.com/Reduce-Shadow-Copy-on-Windows-Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-issues-30gb-short.888954/
Relevancy 43.86%

can someone please explain to me how to change out and transfer my files and folders from my 2 - 30gb hdd /w RAID to my 2 - 300gb hdd w/ RAID? i'm running windows xp pro, and i have an external maxtor 80gb hdd.

A:how to swap 2 -30gb hdd to 2 - 300gb hdd w/ RAID

tim4604 said:

can someone please explain to me how to change out and transfer my files and folders from my 2 - 30gb hdd /w RAID to my 2 - 300gb hdd w/ RAID? i'm running windows xp pro, and i have an external maxtor 80gb hdd.Click to expand...

Is it hardware RAID, or software RAID? Is Windows installed on this RAID setup, or is it just for data?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-swap-2-30gb-hdd-to-2-300gb-hdd-w-raid.39874/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a HP Vectra VL Series 4 5/133 with a 2GB hard drive that I am trying to upgrade to a 30GB drive. I have copied all my data and the new drive works on another PC, but it is not recognized in my HP system. I have gone to the HP site and downloaded and installed the latest BIOS, but my new drive is still not recognized.

Help,
Rob

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

Situation:
-1x Alienware laptop bought rather impulsively with regrettably little research and money (bought on finance)
-Alienware laptop has 500GB HDD and a 30GB SSD
-Alienware laptop is running Windows Home Premium x64
-Is there any way I can run/boot windows from the SSD or did I just waste much money on nothing?

and you don't think I can run/boot windows from the SSD;

-What is a good use for a 30GB SSD?

Any help or input is welcomed and much appreciated,

Osuchan

A:Can I boot from a 30GB SSD or did I just waste my money?

I wouldn't try installing 7 to the 30 gig SSD, too small IMHO. It's likely already in use as a cache drive to speed up loading frequently used files. Similar to a hybrid SSD/HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/306028-can-i-boot-30gb-ssd-did-i-just-waste-my-money.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi

I have a ipod video 30gb - an early type/ well out of warranty- it has behaved perfectly up until now.

The problem is that all the functions work fine but when i have selected a track and clicked play the icon changes from pause to play but there is no sound and the counter does not count- the track doesn't play. (also in the music quiz game there is no sound but the rest of the game functions are fine) I have done the basic reset (hold play and select until it goes dark and restarts) and a restore from itunes- does anyone know the button combination needed for the next level of recovery? or have any other ideas?

My ipod has sentimental value so don't really want to have to scrap it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

L

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-video-30gb-not-playing.871289/
Relevancy 43.86%

hi i don t know where gb of my harddrive are the properties found 30GB cannot space be Solved: display says that there are gb in use if i check all the folders including hidden and system files it says that there are just gb used man that s hard to explain that s why i appended a screen shot can anyone tell me why that is or how i can fix that that computer is not even a week old Solved: 30GB space cannot be found unfortunately i didnt pay any attention to the hard drive space when i first got it its a lenovo thinkpad t paul ps i already scanned the computer for viruses defragmented it used the disk cleanup function and checked the backup functions both lenovo s and microsoft s programs also i used the where d my space go program pss the reason i put it in the vista category is that the computer of a friend who uses vista has the same problem gb actually in use but are displayed nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi When I got my Ipod and with Trouble Video Ipod 30gb plugged it in for the first time Itunes asked me for the serial number on the back of it and if I wanted to make the computer that I was using my default computer for my Ipod I accepted and everything went well and I could copy Trouble with 30gb Ipod Video all my music and videos MP format from Itunes to my Ipod and it worked perfectly The problem started when Trouble with 30gb Ipod Video I left home and started using a new PC that Itunes would show Trouble with 30gb Ipod Video my Ipod as a little red flashing icon on the left handside of Itunes I click on that icon and it shows me everything that I have on my Ipod but it will not let me copy anything onto it Does anybody know how to make my new PC the default PC for my Ipod again or how exactly I am meant to copy video and music files onto my Ipod from another PC I would also like to know if there are any microsoft based alternatives which I can use for my Ipod as I think Apple really need to make their software more user friendly If anybody can help me with this problem I will very much appreciate it Kind regards Rudda P S If anybody knows of a good Ipod video tutorial please foward me the site address nbsp

A:Trouble with 30gb Ipod Video

Make sure your ipod is set to manually manage your library in itunes on the new computer.
start itunes
connect ipod
select edit > preferences
select the ipod tab in the dialog box
make sure the radio button is set to manually manage.

You will have to manually eject your ipod before disconnecting your ipod from the computer.
it is very important that you use itunes to eject your ipod, do not unplug it without ejecting or you could corrupt your ipod and have to reformat it. Also never use the safe remove hardware feature of windows.

Hope this works
-Mendal

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-30gb-ipod-video.492303/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a All-In-One PC that I am to 30gb fix to want save video Trying but of 8.1 pics/ currently troubleshooting and I have been trying to repair the PC trying to get back to the desktop I recently downloaded and upgraded to with no problem It took a long time but it went smooth Now I am currently having the PC trying to attempt repairs but with not such luck I have tried many ways to restore it but I believe I have come to the point where I Trying to fix 8.1 but want to save 30gb of pics/ video have to reinstall the PC with the default settings but Trying to fix 8.1 but want to save 30gb of pics/ video I want to get gb worth of photos and video out of there before I attempt such a thing Is there anyway for me to repair the computer without going to that last resort I new I should have backed-up the photos but I forgot that I had them there What I am trying to do is do a factory reset but either save or allow me to retrieve the files into an external hard drive -Currently no disks hoping there is a factory reset -Attempting repairs as I am writing

A:Trying to fix 8.1 but want to save 30gb of pics/ video

You could try this from our Tutorials.
How to reinstall Windows 8 while keeping your data using Refresh your PC
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/reinstall-windows-8-using-refresh-your-pc/

Windows 8 introduces a new feature called Refresh your PC that allows you to reinstall your computer while at the same time preserving your data, preferences, and Windows Store apps

Hopefully it works for You. I use an All-In-One and I used Refresh and I used the Reset to see if they worked.
How to perform a clean install of Windows 8 using Reset your PC

Windows 8 provides a new feature that makes this process incredibly easy by erasing your data, reformatting your hard drive, and reinstalling Windows 8 at the press of a button.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512187/trying-to-fix-81-but-want-to-save-30gb-of-pics-video/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I am after replacement A10 Disk Pro Satellite on (30GB) some guidance on which replacement disk to purchase for this Toshiba Satellite Pro A laptop model PSA E- U V-EN It still has the original GB disk in it but it's been showing errors when checking the disk with the Windows XP tool it's still useable though I've made a complete Disk replacement on Satellite Pro A10 (30GB) backup to an external drive Thanks in advance Themos Tsikas HWinfo output follows General Information Drive Controller E-IDE ATA- Drive Channel Primary Master Drive Model TOSHIBA MK GAS Drive Revision GA A Drive Serial Number J T Drive Capacity MBytes GB Drive Geometry Number of Cylinders Number of Heads Sectors Per Track Bytes Per Sector Unknown Bytes Per Track Unknown Number Of ECC Bytes Number of Sectors Total -bit LBA Sectors Cache Buffer Size N A Controller Type Not Specified Transfer Modes Sectors Per Interrupt Total Active Max PIO Transfer Mode Multiword DMA Mode Total Active - Singleword DMA Mode Total Active - Ultra-DMA Mode Total ATA- Active ATA- Max Multiword DMA Transfer Rate MBytes s Max PIO with IORDY Transfer Rate MBytes s Max PIO w o IORDY Transfer Rate MBytes s Transfer Width -bit Native Command Queuing Not Supported TRIM Command Not Supported Device flags Fixed Drive Present Removable Drive Not Present Magnetic Storage Present LBA Mode Supported DMA Mode Supported IORDY Supported IORDY Disableable Supported Features Write Cache Present Active S M A R T Feature Present Active Security Feature Present Inactive Removable Media Feature Not Present Disabled Power Management Present Active Advanced Power Management Present Active Packet Interface Not Present Disabled Look-Ahead Buffer Present Active Host Protected Area Present Enabled Power-Up In Standby Not Suppported Inactive Automatic Acoustic Management Not Suppported Inactive -bit LBA Not Suppported Inactive Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology Raw Read Error Rate Worst Throughput Performance Worst Spin Up Time Worst Data Start Stop Count Always OK Worst Data Reallocated Sector Count Worst Data Seek Error Rate Worst Seek Time Performance Worst Power-On Hours Cycle Count Always OK Worst Data Spin Retry Count Worst Power Cycle Count Always OK Worst Data Power-Off Retract Count Always OK Worst Data Load Unload Cycle Count Always OK Worst Data Temperature Always OK Worst Data C Reallocation Event Count Always OK Worst Data Current Pending Sector Count Always OK Worst Data Off-Line Uncorrectable Sector Count Always OK Worst UltraDMA SATA CRC Error Rate Always OK Worst Disk Shift Always OK Worst Data Loaded Hours Always OK Worst Data Load Unload Retry Count Always OK Worst Load Friction Always OK Worst Load-In Time Always OK Worst Data Head Flying Hours Worst

A:Disk replacement on Satellite Pro A10 (30GB)

In my opinion you can use every HDD up to 100GB. Important is HDD interface and, as far as I know, HDD in this old Satellite notebook has IDE (ATA-5) connector.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?61167-Disk-replacement-on-Satellite-Pro-A10-(30GB)
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello guys,

I have a problem with my Windows 7 folder. It is constantly getting bigger, and by now it's about 33GB.
I checked it with WinDirStat and it showed, that biggest folders are Installer (12GB) and winsxs (9.3GB)

Tried running Disk Cleanup, but after running it as an administrator, it doesn't even show me the option "Windows update cleanup", which could help me a lot. I have the update KB2852386, tried to reinstall it, but this didn't help. Also tried running cleanup through cmd, but after showing all the options, it didn't actually clean old updates.

As I understand, the problem is about OS not being able to delete it's outdated files, am I right?
I'm using 64GB SSD drive, and windows is already taking about 60% of it's space.

Thanks for any help

A:Windows folder taking more than 30GB space

Quote: Originally Posted by UmbraDei

Tried running Disk Cleanup, but after running it as an administrator, it doesn't even show me the option "Windows update cleanup", which could help me a lot.

When you ran Disk Cleanup, after it scans C it presents the disk cleanup window showing you the various categories of detritus it can delete.

In the lower-left corner of that window, did you see a button labeled "clean up system files"? If you push that, it should then present the additional items relating to Windows updates that are eligible for removal. From this point forward, I believe you won't see that button again, as the Windows Update Cleanup category will now always be presented on the original dialog window.

So, did you not notice that button? Or is it not there at all (implying you've already enabled that feature previously), and you do see the Windows Update Cleanup category listed but there is 0 storage related to it that can be deleted?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351812-windows-folder-taking-more-than-30gb-space.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Where is the best place to buy a 30GB Video iPod that is NOT ONLINE.

A:Where is the best place to buy a 30GB video ipod? NOT ONLINE!

Check your local yellow pages for a pc shop that deals in Macs ... they can probably hook you up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/where-is-the-best-place-to-buy-a-30gb-video-ipod-not-online-75537.html
Relevancy 43.43%

HI guys,

My windows folder is getting bigger and now is 31 GB.
I ran CCLEANER and I did disc cleanup (+cleanup system files).

The folder "winsx" is taking 11.9 GB. I dont know if that should be that way.

What should I do?

thanx.

A:Windows folder taking more than 30GB space

Welcome.

My Windows folder is 28.6 GB and the winsxs is 9.7 GB.
My Windows 7 x64 system was installed on January 27, 2013 and the sizes have been relatively stable since then.

Therefore, depending on the programs you have installed, I think your folder sizes are normal.

One thing you will find is most of what is reported in winsxs is not really located there but hard links (that take up no space) to other locations. In my case, only about 2 GB or so are real files.

See this

WinSXS Folder not actually consuming lots of space

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/352166-windows-folder-taking-more-than-30gb-space.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I really need help here It is getting downright scary I built this whole computer and everything was fine I had Win vista Ultimate with the bit emulator Then I installed the upgrade to up filling is My Hard - Drive 30GB/Hr. @ Emergency Win- over Vista with Emergency - My Hard Drive is filling up @ 30GB/Hr. no issues and I was delighted with it as I was with Vista All this time which was about three months Win Media center was installed dormant and I had never used it Then I hit the holy grail for a home entertainment p c I bought the Hauppauge internal H D video recorder card got it working and everything was STILL fine and better than ever I'm watching Blu-Ray and T V on a projector foot screen and I was in heaven I have it configured so that all the H D recordings go on to the external drive and it performed flawlessly Then Emergency - My Hard Drive is filling up @ 30GB/Hr. about two nights ago I wrote out an Email went to save it and Windows told me I was out of hard drive space on drive C I tried various upkeep things and couldn't save it I thought it was a fluke so I rebooted and thought nothing of it It of course happened again the next day and I finally checked the C drive space and it was right - I was out I've tried and noted the following Antivirus and anti malware three diferent reg cleaners dumping the old system restores shut off the Windows indexing and it still does it but HERE'S the kicker When I shut the computer off and turn it back on all of the space that it sucks up is back to normal IOW the average amount used lately is about GB out of it quot fills up quot I start it over it gets rid of the newer sucked up space and it returns to GB It's using about GB per hour I tried safe mode and it did away with almost all of it it was using about MB an hour in safe mode I timed it over minutes X Sleep mode That's the way I kept it and now it hardly will go in to sleep mode When I try I hear all the fans speed up the screen goes off and from there the only way to get it to go on is to hold the button in until it goes off and then it boots up I'm at a loss Thanks so much for a cure C drive the one that fills up Patriot Solid State M- GB E drive which I store all the T V and recordings on to WD external TB green drive

A:Emergency - My Hard Drive is filling up @ 30GB/Hr.

Can you download windirstat? It will look for a giant file and will display a big box for it. Then you can probaly delete what ever it is causing the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/37771-emergency-my-hard-drive-filling-up-30gb-hr.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a few used ibm deskstar 30gb hard drives(dtla-307030) that i have used as secondary drives on a couple of pc's ...np
I am trying to use the drive as a primary drive and no matter whether i jumper the drive as a master or cable select the pc does not recognize the drive being there...pc works fine with other drives. Have done a ibm/hitachi drive fitness test and everything checks ok...
thanks
Scott
gateway 350mhz p2
320mb
hitachi gd2500 dvd
hp9500b cdrw

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there,

I just purchased a 1TB Samsung Story Station. I am backing up some files from my PC and get an error message before it even reaches 30gb saying that the hard drive is full?

When I first got the drive I connected it to my PC and put some files on it. Since then I have also connected it to my Mac and and takes some files from my PC and transferred them to the Mac using the Story Station.

Can anyone tell me why I am getting the error message saying it is full when there is only around 30gb being taken up?

Thanks.

A:1TB Samsung Story Station saying it's full at 30GB?

What do you see in disk management, especially partitions, space and file system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1tb-samsung-story-station-saying-its-full-at-30gb.151642/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey guys I just got the black iPod for christmas and ran into a few problems First iTunes did not work at all when I installed it just clicked on it and nothing would happen literlly nothing I had to hold down the power button b c the computer was not able to restart on its own I tried for hours trying to fix it from reading from people who had the exact same problem as I did Tried all the methods back and forth in different order it was a no-go still So I purchased a windows based iPod software called Anapod Explorer I love its simplicity of use and its file managing skills The only problem is is that Ipod Video Software 30gb Problems I later learned that the folks who made the Anapod software Red Chair Software has had some serious problems with user support aka non My problem with the iPod or Anapod I guess is that when I transfer Videos mp s and mov s they show up as songs instead of movies on my iPod I can t figure out how to get movies on my new iPod now Has anyone used Anapod or a similar windows based iPod prog that can shed some light on the subject Adding I noticed when I look at the hidden files in my iPod Ipod 30gb Video Software Problems a certain amount of songs are in a catagorized folders named quot F through F quot variable number Is there a manual way of added the videos to the iPod buy placeing the Video files in iPod regonizable folder such as F or somthing

A:Ipod 30gb Video Software Problems

I had this problem but it was using itunes. Select Videos > Video Settings > and TV Out setting should be set to Off. For some reason the factory setting for this was set to ON, so just check and see if this sorts your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77788/ipod-30gb-video-software-problems/
Relevancy 43.43%

I'm debating the following x gb SSD - Newegg com - OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD - VTX G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk SSD - Solid State Disks If I can convince my mom to give me my from the stimulus then I'll have around for this x gb SSD - Newegg com - OCZ Vertex Series OCZSSD - VTX G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid state disk SSD - Solid State Disks - - RAID For OS and a few CORE programs only or 0 SSD OCZ WD RAID 30gb Vertex 2-3 Caviar Blacks temp files paging system restore etc and some CORE programs like antivirus browser etc OR x gb WD Caviar Blacks - Newegg com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives - and my current gb Seagate for backups For the OS and everything really OR x gb WD Caviar Blacks - Newegg com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives - and my current gb Seagate for backups For the OS and everything really Which would yeild OCZ Vertex 30gb SSD or 2-3 WD Caviar Blacks RAID 0 better performance

A:OCZ Vertex 30gb SSD or 2-3 WD Caviar Blacks RAID 0

If you can RAID 2x SSD's, you'll be flying for use as your main OS drive. FYI, disable your pagefile entirely. You have more than enough ram to run your system 'hot', as I like to say. Sure, the extra storage would be nice but you will see an *incredible* difference with even a single SSD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/11615-ocz-vertex-30gb-ssd-2-3-wd-caviar-blacks-raid-0-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

When i used that program it showed about 30 gb of usage
I have 9gb free left but have a 60gb ssd with 59 of usable space so thats 20 missing

I dont have any other partitions or anything, i have used ccleaner, wise disk cleaner, disk cleanup etc;

A:Using windirstat it shows 30gb for c drive, but 20 is missing

I have a 2gb page file, i deleted all the restore points and performed the clean ups, this installation of windows included the service pack and i have not performed any repair or re installs on this system

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288938-using-windirstat-shows-30gb-c-drive-but-20-missing.html
Relevancy 43%

I'm trying to connect an iPod 30GB to iTunes so i can wipe it out and use as a storage device.

However, when doing so, the recovery mode sticks at the very same point and gives me the following error.

The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (1418).

Google searches suggest changing the USB port. I've tried this on various USB ports on both Windows 7 (iTunes 9.2.0) and Server 2003 (iTunes 7.6.0).

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

(Screenshots attached)

A:iPod Restore Mode Stuck (30GB Video)

Why does it always happen like this?
As soon as this page refreshed with my post, after about the 27th attempt it finally bloody restored.

Can't believe it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-restore-mode-stuck-30gb-video.954806/
Relevancy 43%

Had this laptop for about months only use it for writing using Word we don't store photos music etc nbsp All we have are word documents and the only things we installed are Bitdefender and Office nbsp This laptop has a gb hard drive as standard but we bought the one from HP that also has an additional TB drive nbsp Despite telling the system to save and install all things to the larger drive the smaller one is constantly getting full and not letting us do anything nbsp When we go in to storage and try to delete all filling and Pavilion the igno... drive 30gb x2 Detachable keeps the temp files about gb it just sits there and doesn't delete anything nbsp Anyone else had this issue nbsp Or does anyone know how to free up the smaller drive and get it to use the bigger one nbsp Like I said before everything is set up in the system options to save to the large drive nbsp Am I missing something

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-x2-Detachable-keeps-filling-the-30gb-drive-and/td-p/5807720
Relevancy 43%

Friends,
I'm unable to install Win 8 due to "Setup was unable to use the existing system partition because it does not contain the required Free Space" error, it'd nice if someone can help. The screenshot is from within Windows 7 but when I try to install from outside also by booting from the installation disk, the error is the same. Help much appreciated
Thank you

A:Cannot Install-30GB Partition-Does not contain the required Free Space

You cannot have 4 primary partitions on the disk (system reserved is also primary), max is 3. You need to convert one of those to logical. What all is installed on them?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/2568-cannot-install-30gb-partition-does-not-contain-required-free-space.html
Relevancy 43%

I have a 30gb drive to use as a backup storage device but am unable to address it. It was originally used as a TiVo VCR system drive (with a Linux type OS I believe) but Windows doesn't want to see it. So I have tried to low level format with FDISK by setting it as a master drive in a spare Dell system and booting that system with DOS 6.2. However FDISK states "No fixed disks present". Rebooting the system and accessing the Boot Device Menu and running IDE Drive Diagnostics identifies the drive as "Drive 0: Quantum FIREBALLlct15 30 - Pass" and on rebooting "Error auto-sensing primary hard disk drive0"
In System Setup drive configuration the drive is correctly identified with drive type set to Auto, but the capacity is set as 0 MB and is not accessible.
Any ideas how to regain auto-sensing this drive would be much appreciated.

A:Reusing a Quantum Fireball lct15 30GB drive

Depending on the spare dell computer, you probably have to set the Hard Drive Jumpers to Cable Select and be sure it is located ont the end of the IDE cable furthest from the motherboard. I have 3 Older Dell Dimensions and if the HDDs are not set to Cable select they will not recognize the drives at all.

There is another thing, the Quantum Drive is a very old drive that is no longer manufactured, Quantum was bought by Maxtor, then Maxtor was bought out by Seagate. It is possible that the drive has just died.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reusing-a-quantum-fireball-lct15-30gb-drive.992084/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Guys so sorry for writing you if this is something that partition 30gb missing, first 7, Deleted part system HDD lost Win is usual and you already have cleared this issue I am Ranko from Europe Serbia but in the eyes of world not so desired country so I do not mention it but great food great parties and the most beautiful girls should compensate Ok What I did During Win installation on my new Lenovo G gb HDD I have deleted system partition first Win offered created gb system gb primary gb primary unallocated and one Lenovo OEM partition mb CRAZY ME DELETED SYSTEM PARTITION FIRST As my friend said always first go from behind but I didint Now I am missing gb of space and can not retrieve it So if I do installation from the beginning i just have GB of space to alocate to partitions for example mb system gb Primary amp gb Primary Deleted system partition first Win 7, HDD part missing, 30gb lost So GB seems lost I have installed win and run diskmgmt msc and only disk with gb is shown I tried linux with that partition software and the same it shows just gb of space GB are missing lost not existing Once again so sorry guys for posting this issue since maybe it is something that is common but I really do not want to give up It is not up to GB it is about the principle I have to retrieve it What to do Please help I promise to post some video pics of Belgrade Serbia girls to ease up a bit your work

A:Deleted system partition first Win 7, HDD part missing, 30gb lost

Hello Ranko and welcome to Seven Forums.

There is a free program called MiniTool Partition Wizard. You may be able to get back the missing 30GB by using the "Partition Recovery" option.

How to perform lost partition recovery and deleted partition recovery under Windows? Partition Recovery Help.

Or, if your computer is working OK you could also try extending the C: partition to include the unused 30GB.

Extend partition with partition magic software ? MiniTool Partition Wizard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271560-deleted-system-partition-first-win-7-hdd-part-missing-30gb-lost.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am not in the habit of running Windows Disk Defragmenter very often but over the last few weeks I have been going through the process of importing my very large cd collection on to iTunes My quot C quot Drive has a capacity of GB and I was down to GB of free space I ran WDD but after hours it had still not finished I therefore decided to cancel the defrag and after checking the capacity of my quot C quot drive I found to my amazement that I now had GB of free space I then downloaded the free Auslogics DiskDefrag and ran that It completed in a few Disk has freed 30GB of Running up Defragmenter free space! over minutes and showed that the Windows Defrag had done most of the work but for some reason had failed to finish Does anyone know why I have decided to disabled Windows Defrag and will use Auslogics version in future as it gives information regards the progress of the defrag and seems to be far more efficient and quick However I am very surprised by the amount of free space that the defrag process has freed up I have searched on various pc forums and other posters have said the complete opposite to my own experience The common consensus seems to be that defraging Running Disk Defragmenter has freed up over 30GB of free space! reduces the amount of free space on a disk rather than increase it There also seems to be a difference of opinion about how much free space one should leave on a hard disc to enable the pc to run efficiently I was down to just over before I defragged but I have seen posts advising that one should leave betweeen and up to which seems to me to be ridiculous I would be grateful for any assistance that anyone can give me in particular why the defrag freed up in my instance so much free space

A:Running Disk Defragmenter has freed up over 30GB of free space!

I have not yet had any replies to my post so I thought I would add some further information. Before running Windows defrag' I performed a disc cleanup. This did not clear many files as I regularly use [COLOR=blue!important]CCleaner[/COLOR] to clear my temporary files, internet history and cookies etc. However, I am careful never to use the Registry part of CCleaner as I have been advised before not to use it.

Someone on another forum suggested that the increase in free space I experienced could be due to the fact that, because I had so little free space left on my hard drive before I commenced the defrag, the Windows defrag unintentionally caused restore points to be deleted. Do you think this is the likely cause for my dramatic increase in free space?

Why does Windows require a certain percentage of free space to function? And, does the amount of free space required vary depending on what version of the operating system one is running? For example, does Windows 8 require the same percentage of free space as Vista?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303537-running-disk-defragmenter-has-freed-up-over-30gb-free-space.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently checked how much free space I freed Running Defragmenter free Disk over of space! 30GB has up had remaining on my C drive and found Running Disk Defragmenter has freed up over 30GB of free space! that I only had GB left out of a total capacity of GB I ran Windows Disk Defragmenter but after hours it was still running so I cancelled it On re-checking my hard drive I found to my amazement that I now had GB of free space I then downloaded the free Auslogics disk defragmenter and ran that It completed in a few minutes and showed that the Windows defrag had done most of the work but for some reason had failed to finish I am very surprised that the process of defragging freed up so much space On consulting various forums most peoples' experience seems to have been the exact opposite The common consensus seems to be that defragging reduces the amount of free space on a disk rather than increasing it Why was my experience so different I suspect it may be because I had used up too much of my free space than I should have I was down to just over before I defragged Was that too little How much free space should I leave unused to ensure my pc is running properly I would be grateful for any assistance that members of this forum can give me

A:Running Disk Defragmenter has freed up over 30GB of free space!

Are you sure it was the disk defragmenter that you ran, and not the disk cleanup tool?

All defragmenting, (aka 'defragging') does is to re-organise your files into contiguous blocks so they can be loaded faster.  That's contiguous from a disk drive point of view, so they can be loaded quicker.  As an aside, never run defrag on an SSD: it will not improve matters at all but will waste precious write cycles of your SSD, resulting in it wearing out sooner.

Because defragging only re-organises files, it will not free up disk space.  It will require some space to do its work, resulting in higher disk usage until it has finished.

The only thing I would suggest is running disk cleanup (or another good cleanup tool such as Ccleaner) prior to running defrag, as defrag will otherwise waste time re-organising your temporary files as well as your permanent ones.

Freeing up 30GB is a heck of a lot of disk space ... are you sure nothing you need has been removed somehow?  I only ever get that kind of space back if I move a barge full of stuff to another drive or perform maintenance on a large database that has shrunk massively without freeing up the space it occupies.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567357/running-disk-defragmenter-has-freed-up-over-30gb-of-free-space/
Relevancy 41.71%

Windows Pro hard drive is a gb quot Samsung SSD PM quot quot and its a Dell Latitude E that I have had since the beginning of Especially over the last year possibly before that I have noticed that my hard drive's free space decreases drastically and despite my best efforts to monitor my free space and what takes that space up I have been fast - FREES UP passes HD - fills restart/chkdsk BSOD - 30GB?! but SSD confused and frustrated as the decreases SSD HD fills fast - BSOD - restart/chkdsk - passes but FREES UP 30GB?! often don't match up in both space size and timing to whatever I save install etc to the hard drive That said I use Steam for computer games so I have sort of assumed it was just game SSD HD fills fast - BSOD - restart/chkdsk - passes but FREES UP 30GB?! updates that I didn't notice forgot about etc Then about months-ish ago while uninstalling a few softwares I get a BSOD with error messages I restart run the full chk dsk that SSD HD fills fast - BSOD - restart/chkdsk - passes but FREES UP 30GB?! requires the restart restart again the chk dsk doesn't reveal anything quot bad quot but then my drive's free space goes from about -ish GB to -ish GB I was thrilled and for a couple weeks the free space remained much more consistent with what was being updated removed from the drive Great Eventually however things began to revert back to before - multiple GB of free space just disappearing etc Then this morning after merely removing the power cable from the pc and picking it up I get another BSOD This time I wasn't uninstalling anything I repeat the same process as before one exception that I don't think I dealt with last time being that I had to restart the pc twice at first because after turning off the pc from the BSOD and turning it back on I got some sort of error about windows not being able to run Turn off turn on again and that's gone and I get the standard safe or normal mode screen and again the chk dsk report appears clean but I again go from -ish GB to GB of free space With apologies for the long explanation can anyone explain to me what's going on with my pc and or what I can should do to resolve this I will be backing up my pc immediately when I get home from work tonight and I have run malware and virus scans that create restore points too

A:SSD HD fills fast - BSOD - restart/chkdsk - passes but FREES UP 30GB?!

Can you follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and attach the resulting zip with your reply post?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372421-ssd-hd-fills-fast-bsod-restart-chkdsk-passes-but-frees-up-30gb.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I am not in the habit of running has 30GB freed space! Running of over up Disk Defragmenter Solved: free Windows Disk Defragmenter very often but over the last few weeks I have been going through the process of importing my very large cd collection on to iTunes My quot C quot Drive has a capacity of GB and I was down to GB of free space I ran WDD but after hours it had still not finished I therefore decided to cancel the defrag and after checking the capacity of my quot C quot drive I found to my amazement that I now had GB of free space I then downloaded the free Auslogics DiskDefrag and ran that It completed in a Solved: Running Disk Defragmenter has freed up over 30GB of free space! few minutes and showed that the Windows Defrag had done most of the work but for some reason had failed to finish Does anyone know why I have decided to disabled Windows Defrag and will use Auslogics version in future as it gives information regards the progress Solved: Running Disk Defragmenter has freed up over 30GB of free space! of the defrag and seems to be far more efficient and quick However I am very surprised by the amount of free space that the defrag process has freed up I have searched on various pc forums and other posters have said the complete opposite to my own experience The common consensus seems to be that defraging reduces the amount of free space on a disk rather than increase it There also seems to be a difference of Solved: Running Disk Defragmenter has freed up over 30GB of free space! opinion about how much free space one should leave on a hard disc to enable the pc to run efficiently I was down to just over before I defragged but I have seen posts advising that one should leave betweeen and up to which seems to me to be ridiculous I would be grateful for any assistance that anyone can give me in particular why the defrag freed up in my instance so much free space nbsp

A:Solved: Running Disk Defragmenter has freed up over 30GB of free space!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-running-disk-defragmenter-has-freed-up-over-30gb-of-free-space.1143097/
Relevancy 41.71%

We have a WD JB- CRAI hard disk partitoned into primaries and further logical partions running under WinXP pro The first primaries contain separate installations of WinXP - we space 3.43 when delet file GB 30GB drive HD dGB on a) Missing after empty, b) part. 7 pretend we have separate computers for people Question My son has a GB data partition on the drive He deleted several large files burning images and such and expected to see about GB free space Instead he got MB free space and about GB disappeared Win XP reserves a max of GB for restoral acc to the control panel He couldn t find the missing space in Norton Utilities either ie the space was occupied but no files were listed Western Digitals quot Data Lifeguard quot returns that the hard disk has no Missing HD space on 30GB part. a) 3.43 dGB when drive empty, b) 7 GB after file delet errors We wiped the partition with Norton Wipe Info Now the GB partion shows a GB capacity and GB used but no files are to be seen Norton shows KB worth of Recycler and System Volume informatin but no info on the rest of the GB We reduced the Norton Unerase Protection to Mb on that partiton but there was no change in the used With the NTFS file system we shouldn t have cluster waste So what gives Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Missing HD space on 30GB part. a) 3.43 dGB when drive empty, b) 7 GB after file delet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/missing-hd-space-on-30gb-part-a-3-43-dgb-when-drive-empty-b-7-gb-after-file-delet.266580/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi all
i am thinking of using this ssd for the windows home premium and would like some advice on it it

1) it is 30GB will this be ok for the operating system?
2) do i have to do a reinstall of the operating system or can i copy the existing one on my hard drive at the moment?
3) does the ssd connect to the motherboard like the hard drive?
4) and any advice would be greatly recieved

Kingston SSDNow V-Series 30GB 2.5 inch Internal SATA Hard Drive - Computing at Play.com (UK)

http://www.play.com/ProductOutline.a...4005601&r=PCSH

A:Kingston SSDNow V-Series 30GB 2.5 inch Internal SATA Hard Drive

i found a review
Kingston 30GB SSDNow V-Series (Review) | Skatter Tech

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/113405-kingston-ssdnow-v-series-30gb-2-5-inch-internal-sata-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 41.28%

New kid on the block.

I have a U100 Part Number: PLU10E-00U023EN and would like to upgrade to a 60GB HD.
I am looking for a part number for this replacement hard disk.
Also can anyone tell me where I may purchase this in the UK. Retail shop would help. If not, a direct mail address would be appreciated.
I have seen one from OFFTEK for £43.0 Plus VAT, Part Number: KTT3311/1GB.

Then I saw the same part number from Toshiba and it cost over ?100.
Maybe someone can tell me where I could get the upgrade done near Leicester.

I have found the site very helpful.
Thanks.

A:Libretto U100: 30GB Hard Drive Upgrade to 60GB - need part number

I think you should take a look into this thread:
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=99399#99399

It?s the first one about the same theme which you have posted here in the forum!

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?27263-Libretto-U100-30GB-Hard-Drive-Upgrade-to-60GB-need-part-number
Relevancy 39.99%
Q: Zune?

hi, I am trying to install zune on my buddies computer, but it doesn't recognize the device. I have tried following directions from microsoft, which were to rename the catroot file, but it tells me, either access is denied or system cannot find the file specified, did the same thing when I tried to rename the Edb.log file
I know his usb ports work, which is how the device is connected to the pc, cause when I plug in my flash drive, it lights up, but it doesn't show the drive, why is this? His cable modem is connected to the usb also.
Help me help him please

A:Zune?

This could happen for 3 reasons.
You are using a faulty USB port, hub, or hub cable.
the zune software installation is faulty.
An unsupported driver is installed on the computer.

You should try to get the latest version of the zune software here.
http://www.zune.net/meetzune/software.htm

2. Reset the Zune device. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Disconnect the Zune Sync Cable.
b. Set the Hold switch to the unlocked position.
c. Press and hold the Back button as you press the top of the Control Pad.
d. After the device starts, reconnect the sync cable.

Or connect it to another USB port on the PC.

Or, ( gotten from the microsoft site )
Register the Windows Media Device Manager (WMDM) for Zune devices service. To do this, follow these steps: a. a. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Zune\zunesp.dll", and then click OK. You receive the following message:
DllRegisterServer in C:\Program Files\Zune\zunesp.dll succeeded.
Note A .dll file is a set of functions that can be executed or data that can be used by a Windows application.
b. Click OK.

or

Check Device Manager. To do this, follow these steps:a. With the device connected to the computer, click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
b. Expand Portable Devices, and then make sure that a listing for Zune is displayed.
If the Zune device does not appear under Portable Devices, locate and then expand Other Devices. If there is a listing for a USB device, follow the steps that are outlined in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
929487 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929487/) Your Zune device appears as a USB device under Other devices in Device Manager, but the device does not appear in the Zune software
If the Zune device appears in Device Manager with a black exclamation point (!) on a yellow field under Portable Devices, follow the steps that are outlined in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
929279 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929279/) Error message: "The software you are installing for this hardware: Zune has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP"
If the Zune device appears as installed and working correctly under Portable Devices, follow the steps that are outlined in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
929357 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929357/) The Zune software does not recognize a Zune device after you install the software and connect the device to a computer
If the Zune device does not appear in Device Manager at all, follow the steps that are outlined in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
929486 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929486/) Your Zune device does not appear in the Zune software or in Device Manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune.536699/
Relevancy 39.99%
Q: Zune

my Zune software will not open, it crashes when i attempt to open it, it just says "microsoft zune has encountered a problem and needs to close" what could be the problem.

Event Type: clr20r3

P1: zune.exe

P2: 2.3.1338.0

P3: 47881c46

P4: zuneshell

P5: 2.1.0.0

P6: 47881b32

P7: 27f

P8: 1c

P9: system.typeloadexception

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/133904/zune/
Relevancy 39.99%

How do I copy a DVD to my Zune?

Relevancy 39.99%

how could i go about taking music off of the computer that i purchase using my zune subscription and moving it to another computer without loosing it. can the music be burnt to a cd like with ITUNES or is it stuck on that one machine.??

-andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-s.635164/
Relevancy 39.99%

hey i have a pent 4 3.0ghertz 2gig ram

and i run most programs at virtually no cpu loss. then i load up my zune, and it skyrockets to 100%! it lags everything out. i have a zune, so i really need to keep this software, but i cant do anything with it. it never used to run this high before.

hell i can even run crysis on medium with no quality loss and still only use 40-50% of my cpu

anything i can do? modify? delete? add? change? blow up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-using-all-my-cpu.755236/
Relevancy 39.99%

Can some one please tell me how can i get the songs/files off of my zune 80 to my computer (windows vista)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune.702215/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am thinking about buying a zune for my car. I don't know what one to buy. Is the 80 gig better than the 30 or does it just cause problems?
Ukeath

A:Which Zune

If I was you I'd buy the 80 gig... get it off of newegg.com or something and it's only about 50$ more for 50 more gigs. That's great.

I haven't heard of any specific problems with the 80 gig comparing it to the 30, but the software that comes with the Zune blows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-zune.669309/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey guys. Is there a simple way of making the Zune 8gb work on Windows XP X64 SP2 without installing a 32-bit version of Windows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/zune-on-x64-398765.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey Guys I don't know wheter to post this as I have tried zune net Zune and zuneboard Zune etc and still no success I have a zune no complaints there marvelous device Zune My problem is that I have upgraded to vista sorry for stating the obvious Half way through my first installation techincally the upgrade from XP My darling daughter hit the power switch and killed everything on the hdd boot ini failed error Then Clean install and reloaded everything back on - now for the problem My zune software does not recongise the music previously stored on my zune The original files were it looked for them are not there any more I have all the files backed up on cd but is there a zune program to access the hdd of the zune I've tried zune enabler doesn't want to work with x or ME perhaps and the zune reg hack is basically the zune enabler the long way round I can not ring Zune support as this was a ebay purchase and I live in Australia so the call costs would be pricey Does anyone have any other suggestions Thanks for help in advance by the way I have ish zune software

A:Zune

Have you tried downloading the newest version?
The current version of Zune software is 3.1.620.0. To check the version you have installed, open Zune software, then click Settings, General, About Zune.
I have reinstalled my OS many times and never had this problem, and I have added and removed music without fail. You might have to wipe the zune or something.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/205093-zune.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I just got a Zune 120 Gb and so far I am pleased with it using the Zune software. I have 2 questions. Should the Zune show up under My Computer? How cone Windows Media Player does not show it as a sync device?

Relevancy 39.99%

My zune is not working, when I turn it on it says "1 Connect Zune to your PC", "2 On your PC, open the Zune software and restore teh Zune device firmware." I have done that three times. I have tried turning the Zune off and restarting my computer. I cannot get it to work. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune.890270/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone For Christmas I received one of those Zune things which was a great gift except for the fact that I am having trouble deleting songs off of it For example the Zune came with songs already preloaded Zune! my help I need with onto it I need help with my Zune! indie bands that I m not interested in and I can t figure out how to erase them off my Zune player The files aren t found in my library and the stupid owner s manual doesn t address the issue of deleting songs at all Also I have noticed that whatever songs I download into my library automatically end up on my Zune player which I don t want Sometimes I just want to synch my Zune with one or two songs off an album - not the entire album and for some reason it s not letting me do that If anyone on here could be of any help I d greatly appreciate it I have a ton of songs on my player that I ll never want to listen to and I d love to remove them Thanks in advance for your advice suggestions or help --Liz nbsp

A:I need help with my Zune!

do not own a zune. so i really cant help. but until someone comes along that knows more than i. why not check the following. web page on zune, also a link to the forum.

http://www.zunerama.com/

http://www.zunerama.com/forum/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-with-my-zune.529689/
Relevancy 39.99%

Just got a Zune. Probably a stupid question, but do I have to keep all the songs on my PC that are going to be on my Zune? For example, I have a hundred cd's or so, so I was going to put them all on the Zune. Do I have to rip them all and KEEP them all on my PC too? So then when I get a new CD and rip it, and then sync it, will I lose all the music I already put on the Zune since it'll search the folder and find they aren't there?

A:Zune

As I see it, you don't need to keep all your cd tracks on both PC and Zune. When you rip a new CD and sync with your Zune, the sync process will only check to see which tracks on your PC are not on the Zune, not vice versa.

Of course, "the proof is in the pudding" -- without a more informed opinion you'll only know for sure when you try it. To be on the safe side before trying it, back up all those ripped tracks on your PC to a zip folder before deleting the originals. Now rip a new CD that isn't on the Zune, then connect it to the PC and run the sync process. That will answer your question for sure. But you'll still have your backups in the zip folder if I'm wrong!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune.528306/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello all I was wondering if anyone knew how to transfer music from a G MAC OXs operating system to a gig Zune I tried to download the software to my PC Old XP and it didnt work So my brother has a G which has over unpurchased downloaded and CD ripped music I know that other songs from the actual iTunes store wont transfer but can I just hook the USB up and then transfer files Is there a step by step thing I can use Im not computer savvy in the least bit but I just bought this thing and I cant use it Please help if anyone can OR if anyone can help me with downloading the Zune software I kept getting to the quot End User quot agreement but when it quot checks for updates quot from Microsoft it kind of just dies freezes and says Error Leads me to another microsoft page to download something else did that still didnt work and now Im stuck again was I suppose to open something Or run something at the same time Dont know please help Anyone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/zune-anyone-new-here-359529.html
Relevancy 39.56%

If my memory serves me correctly, Zune allows transfer of music (others?) to other zune players... does anyone know what the agreement is about copyrighted music? does anyone have Zune?

A:Zune Player

I guess this is a late reply, but since I have a Zune now, you can transfer copyrighted music to other Zunes. You can play them 3 times over teh course of three days. Of course there are ways to get by th---OK i'll stop talking now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-player.522664/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Do Anyone Know Where Or How I Can Get Videos On My Zune, Is There A Good Website That Someone Can Tell Me About Please

A:Looking for Zune Video Please Help!

You can get it in zunedownloads.com. It has unlimited downloads for Zune which extents from Music To Music Videos, Movies & Much More! You Will Also Be Able To Download Unlimited & Continuously Updated Music, Movies, Games, Videos, TV Shows, Torrent Files & More!
Enjoy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-zune-video-please-help.553171/
Relevancy 39.56%

I just installed the Zune 3.0 update. I rebooted after the update as the program instructed but now everytime I click to start the Zune application all I get is a warning that I must "restart the computer after the setup". I have restarted the computer several times but I still get the same warning and the application doesn't open. Before I remove and reinstall, does anyone have any other thoughts.
Thanks.

Relevancy 39.56%

I am trying to sell my Zune and attemting now to erase the contents of it which I haven't even turned on in like 2 years. I installed all of the software and it recognizes the device, but says that there is no content on the device even though there is 27GB of music and pictures. Anyone know what the deal is and how to fix? Thanks.

A:Zune for Windows 7

Press and hold the Back button while pressing "up" on the control pad.

The Zune will start to reset. Immediately press and hold the Back button and at the same time press "right" on the control pad and the OK button in the center of the Control Pad. Hold these buttons until your Zune device restarts and you receive the message "Clearing contents. Please wait."

When the Home screen appears, the erase is complete, and you can again use the Zune device.
This should also allow you to sync it to another machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130767-zune-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I accidentally dropped my Zune today. Not a big drop. When I pressed down, it froze and it highlighted both Music and Video. I resetted it but it came with an Error 5 message (the one that says contact support). The worst part is that I live in Australia so i HAVE no support. Am I screwed? I just got it a week or so ago. I decided to do a full reset.

However, how long does it take to rebuild an 80gb hard drive? My thing has been on Please Wait for a long time. Does it have something to do with leaving it connected to my PC? Because I have to leave it connected or else it just turns off since the battery dies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-message-3-and-5.738419/
Relevancy 39.56%

this is a random question, and forgive me if i've posted this in the wrong cat. but i have a zune and i think its great but the software that came with it is horrible/slow and malfunctions more then half the time. is there anyway i can turn the zune into an external hard drive and just copy songs or videos on to?

Relevancy 39.56%

I am working on an XP Professional box that had the ZUNE installed. It keeps giving a fatal error code on startup and an error transmittal to be sent to Microsoft. I've tried to uninstall it and add/remove is unable to.

How do I get rid of this? My client does not have an MP3 player and wants it off.

A:Uninstalling ZUNE

Hello jfoster.you could try one of these utilities.
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/moveonboot.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalling-zune.676907/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, my Zune software does not recognize my Zune 80 Gb Player. It shows up in Device Manager, has the latest driver installed, and shows to be working properly, but does not show up in My Computer. The Zune is in Player Recovery Mode, and I have received the following error code "C00D124F-not enough space; try deleting some flies & try again" when it tries to update. I have tried several self-help solutions, but nothing has worked! Can anyone help?

A:Zune 80GB

Was it dropped?

From google searches, it looks like it needs to be sent in for repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-80gb.931328/
Relevancy 39.56%

Which is going to be the last man standing? All great programs. iPhones, Blackberries and so forth are on the rise. It even does gaming. What does that mean for people with all these media players on their hard drives? It's portability now, not just laptops but these mobile gadgets most of all. Sure they are expensive but they work for people. People GET IT! And they are catching on.
One more point. Anyone have a Zune device? lol!

A:Zune Vs. WMP 12 Vs. J. River Vs. VLC

I have 2 zunes and will have a vista computer to support them. I suppose at some point MS will have to include zune and Ipod drivers if they want to sell any operating systems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/6008-zune-vs-wmp-12-vs-j-river-vs-vlc.html
Relevancy 39.56%

When I first installed the zune software I put it in my program files When I looked at my program files i saw that there was a bunch of random zune files all over the help Need with software zune place I created Need help with zune software a new folder called Zune and moved all of the zune files into it When I started the zune software it gave me an error message that said fatel error-please reinstall zune software I went to the control panel and clicked add and remove programs I attempted to remove the zune software but it said it could not be found so i deleted all of the zune files manually After I did I went to thier website and tried to reinstall the software but it says I already have the latest verison of the software installed I think I may have to delete something in the registry or something like that but I do not even know how to access it Does anyone know what to do I am useing vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-zune-software-431247.html
Relevancy 39.56%

No wonder so many dislike the MS Corp.; I installed Windows 7 RC, and the first device that isn't supported is my MS Zune player. It's absurd that a company as large and profitable as MS doesn't take care of its customers. Caveat Emptor!!

A:Zune drivers!

Quote: Originally Posted by palavering

No wonder so many dislike the MS Corp.; I installed Windows 7 RC, and the first device that isn't supported is my MS Zune player. It's absurd that a company as large and profitable as MS doesn't take care of its customers. Caveat Emptor!!

Well said!! It's awful to spend money on a microsoft zune and the latest greatest Win 7 zune drivers don't even exist. Bad move on MS's part.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/8899-zune-drivers.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm aware that zune came out with x64 versions of their software, but only for vista, none of em work on xp x64. I've heard that its possible if you alter some program files or such you can make it work, does any one know how to do this?

A:Zune Software on XP 64

yes, I google searched and got about 1.6million hits. I read several of the links and it cretainly looks like it can be done.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=XP+64+Zune

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-software-on-xp-64.712698/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi All , got a question about WP7.5 . Does Zune software install on windows 8 for the WP7.5. Or can you tell me what feature we are supposed to use with windows phone for sync.
Thanks

A:Zune Software

Yes, Zune software will work on Windows 8 for WP7.5 and it works just like it does on Windows 7. If you have a Zune Pass with subscribed music you won't be able to play it in the Music App because the DRM has changed between Zune and XBox Music. However it will still play in Zune...BUT! If you download new music from the Music App it won't play in Zune and you won't be able to sync it to your phone. It's a pretty messy transition.

Obviously everything is supposed to work better when you use Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12687-zune-software.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a gb Zune Media Player and I can't use it I have dial-up so I can't complete the part where it begins to quot Install Components quot because it would take wayyyyyyyy too long to download since it connects to the internet to install those components more than overnight I've installed Service Pack and net framework because I figured it would want those updates since With Need Zune Help Software the zune is from microsoft and it said quot Checking for Updates quot before it said quot Downloading Components quot I need to Need Help With Zune Software know if I can get a FULL package that does not require any internet access or as little as a mb download from the internet that will install the Zune software so Need Help With Zune Software I can use this thing It's been sitting around for weeks now Or if you can show me how to successfully hack my zune or find me another way to sync music without using the Zune Software then I'd appreciate that even more since I heard that the software encrypts all your mp s so you can't use them freely I don't care what size the file is because I can go to my friends and download it I just don't want it to download from MY computer because my internet sucks In other words I need a redistributable package that will make this zune work some way Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-with-zune-software-332684.html
Relevancy 39.56%

One thing I can't stand about XP is its ugly task bar and start button.
Luckily Zune Desktop Theme is tolerable, but the orange start button is getting on my nerves!

Royale Noir isn't as reliable as Zune, but it looks about as good...

Does anybody know of other themes (without downloading a skinning software)

OR

Does anybody know how to open up the images that create the theme and edit them in photoshop and replace them??

I've heard people trying resource hacker or something, and I got access to open the bitmaps and edit them and even replace them- but no changes were made, and if I remember correctly- it just used standard (non xp) theme...

Does anybody know a way to edit either the Windows theme or the Zune theme?

It's crazy that there is only Zune and Royale. Only 2? C'mon!!!

Anyways, any help is appreciated.

A:Zune - Royale - Any others?

hello Matt313,

check here

plus they have many other links that you ming find useful

http://themes.belchfire.net/index.ph...oads&showcat=5

hope this helps

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/zune-royale-any-others-213139.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Microsoft sold me a Zune (mpg player) and the software disk was included.
Microsoft also sold me Vista in my Compaq (now HP).
But, Vista cannot handle Microsoft's Zune. What's the deal here?
Can Bill Gates be that greedy? The Zune problem is only one of my problems,
there are so many "issues" with Vista, I'd give my first born for good old XP.
Brand new OS and I'm already looking for fixes! Only with Microslop...

A:Zune and Vista

First off stop complaining about the Zune and download the version 2.5 software/driver for the Zune, and do make sure you have Service Pack 1 for Vista installed. Complaining about the Zune and Windows Vista won't get you any help.

Zune.net | Zune Software - Download

Once the software is installed hook up the USB sync cable that came with the Zune, and you will be notified that there is a firmware update, which you will want to update too to use the 2.5 software.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/172144-zune-vista.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hi, i am looking for help. i am on window vista home basic. i have recently bought a windows phone and have to have Zune on my pc in order to recieve updates. When i try to install Zune i keep getting the message 'Setup must stop because the required package 'Zune' didn't install' followed by error code 0x8007005. I have tried many sites including chatting to some one on microsoft and i'm still at square one. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you

Relevancy 39.56%

hey, i have been trying to download zune 3.1 software straight from the zune site, and when it begins to install, it will stop and say it cant install because of a problem with "zunewlancfgsvc". any ideas as to what the problem is?

i went to the microsoft page and downloaded what they say will fix it, but it didnt. any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. i have a fairly new computer with windows xp. i did have zune installed, but it wouldnt reconiz my player, so i thought i would de install, and try again. big mistake i guess. thanks for any help. clary

A:cant download zune?

If you had the Zune software installed already you should have been able to upgrade the software from within the software itself. You shouldn't have to download the full release.

Are you saving the install file to your PC first and then launching the install after it is downloaded.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-download-zune.781343/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I just downloaded the Zune software and when I open the program (after installing it) It just looks like a bunch of shadings and dashes that I cant read any help??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zune-software.108102/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi. I have all my music on itunes, but I have recently gotten a zune. I have tried dragging the music into my zune player and used a few downloadable converters, but I have got nothing to work. So if anyone knows a way to take music from itunes and make able to be put on a zune, I would be very greatful. THANKS!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-to-zune.917175/