Windows Support Forum

PC Reboots When Burning a DVD

Q: PC Reboots When Burning a DVD

Hey all well im a total noob when it comes down to computers all Reboots DVD When Burning PC a i know what to do is game and look on the net PC Reboots When Burning a DVD Heres my PC Reboots When Burning a DVD problem ive burned loads of films useing this pc and about weeks ago just went to burn another one and it rebooted it self when it got to the burning stage I was like ok that was weird so i tryed again same thing so i tryed a different film one ive already burned and no luck That was using ConvertXtoDVD so i tryed Nero converted it fine hits the burning stage and BANG same again So thinking it might be over heating i took the side of my case off and stuck a fan there no luck read somewhere about some guy having the same prob and he fixed it by putting my driver to DMA something like that anyway dont that and no luck and its really annoying me Pc Specs AMD x GIG Ram GTS w Power Please help me people Thanks Sam nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC Reboots When Burning a DVD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PC Reboots When Burning a DVD

hey sam check all the connections to the drive the power and data cable after that if it still does the same try restoring your computer to an earlier stage in system restore points if that fails then try reinstalling the driver for the cd/rom or uninstall it in device manager then reboot the OS should do it for you if it still continues after all this let me know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-reboots-when-burning-a-dvd.107115/
Relevancy 55.9%

My PC reboots when I try to burn a CD!

I was told that this might be a power supply problem - I have tried using a separate
power supply unit to power up the CD burner (and another to power up the hard disk
and motherboard) but the problem still persists.

The funny thing is that this does not happen when I burn audio CDs - my PC reboots
only when I attempt to burn data CDs. Problem with the software, perhaps?

My specs -

Win98 SE
AMD K6-2 450Mz
256Mb RAM
ahead NERO 5
LiteON CD burner - 24x

Thanks for any advice given.

A:PC reboots when burning CD!

Try installing a new aspi layer. http://aspi.radified.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-reboots-when-burning-cd.182333/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi,

I wonder if you gurus can help me. My friend's PC randomly reboots when he is trying to burn a CD/DVD. Some days he can burn a DVD no problem, other days he does the same thing and the PC crashes.

He is running Windows Vista Ultimate.

Also when he runs CHKDSK it shows he has errors on his C: Drive, but when he tries to schedule a fix, on reboot it comes up with an error cannot access direct drive and doesn't perform the CKDSK. Not sure if this is related to the above.

Any help very much appreciated. Thanks

Pete

A:PC Reboots when burning DVD/CD

It may be overheating.Desktop, or laptop?Download, and install SpeedFan: http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.phpPost your computer temperatures:Provide processor info (hold Windows logo key, and hit Pause/Break key to find out).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295544/pc-reboots-when-burning-dvdcd/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I have been using Nero Ultra Suite for about a year now without any problems. I just rebuilt my computer with upgraded hard drives and applied Service Pack 2 for XP. I also went to Nero's website and downloaded the latest updates. However, whenever I start Nero Burning ROM (or any other app in the suite), my computer immediately reboots. My computer details are in my profile if that helps. I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

A:Nero Burning ROM Reboots my computer when attempting to launch

Hi, I just found the answer to my own problem on a different forum, ABXZone. The issue is the Nero isn't fond of RAID setups. The link below led me to the fix:

http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44862&page=14&pp=15&highlight=nero

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nero-burning-rom-reboots-my-computer-when-attempting-to-launch.18280/
Relevancy 41.71%

I m having an extremely weird vista startup error I just built my computer about a month ago and installed Vista Ultimate -bit SP- It took me about tries but I finally got vista installed I updated the drivers for the graphics card and sound card installed Norton Internet Security and Supreme Commander FA and it started doing this weird restarting stuff Once booted up my computer runs fine It runs Supcom Crashes, Works 64-bit Reboots, Startup Vista Error: Reboots, FA perfectly at all max settings with no slowdown and has never crashed once This makes me think it is not a hardware issue Here s where the problems start Every time I turn on my computer the graphics card cycles the fan high then low high then low eight times before it boots It didn t do that before I want to fix that because it takes a long time and the noise is annoying Once it boots up Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works I get the quot Windows Error Recovery quot screen and if I select quot start normally quot it starts to boot green loading bar then gives me a bluescreen for second too fast to read or get a pic of then reboots I get the quot Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works Windows Error Recovery quot screen again and select quot use previous settings quot and it will sometimes start normally other times I have to repeat this process Every time I start normally it crashes and reboots Once it s booted it works fine I tried booting off the install DVD and running quot Repair My Computer quot First I said no to using system restore It said there was a patch error and that it could not be fixed automatically When I used System Restore I think it deleted Norton but it started up fine Next restart however it was back to restarting Also any time the computer enters sleep mode the graphics fan goes crazy and it snaps out of sleep Any help I have all the manuals and CDs DVDs that came with the hardware as well as the Vista install disk Re-Installing Vista is definitely an option as i haven t really been able to install anything important or create any important files Here are the specs OS Windows Vista Ultimate x SP- Motherboard ASUS P N-D nforce i CPU Q stock RAM G DDR - OCZ Reaper Graphics PNY XLR GTX Sound HT OMEGA CLARO Plus Hard Drives x Western Digital Caviar GB in Raid Disk Drives x SATA x DVD Burner CPU Cooler Zalman mm CNPS Case NZXT Apollo Mid Tower Monitor LG W T-TF quot Widescreen A V Soft Norton Internet Security nbsp

A:Vista 64-bit Startup Error: Reboots, Crashes, Reboots, Works

Bump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-startup-error-reboots-crashes-reboots-works.764507/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello,

I just built a computer yesterday using a Coolermaster Haf 912 case, Gigabyte 880GM-D2H motherboard, AMD Phenom II quad core 955, Crucial Ballistix 4 Gb, WD 1 Tb Scorpio blue hard drive, Cool max 700 watt PSU, DVD drive and Windows 7.

It keeps rebooting and or blue screening. I can't even have it on long enough to download updates and try to update drivers before it crashes. I checked the bios temps and they are 34c and 41c. DDR3 memory is running at 1.5v. I tried reinstalling 7 and the same issues.

It will stay on in safe mode and I also got a Ultimate Boot CD 2010 from a friend and it stays on when I ran that. I don't know too much about the disc so I ran a memtest and it passed. I ran a quick test on the WD diagnostic and that was ok.

Thanks for help in advance.
Mogoamerica

Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 39.13%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 38.27%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 36.98%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 36.98%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a client that has this problem. I found this forum through Google and this post (http://forums.techguy.org/archive/index.php/t-270719.html) seems very similar but no good answers.
Doing F8 I turned off auto restart and got the B.S.O.D. stop c000135 telling me it was unable to locate winsrv.

After getting the stop error I found http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=885523 and thought I'd pass it along. It's different than the UMAX scanner KB article.

Going to try to recover now. Wish me luck.

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 33.97%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 32.68%

I recently wiped my hdd and reinstalled 2kpro. It installed with no problems. I then installed my ati drivers, no problems. Then my cdcreator 5 platinum - again, no problems. Then I installed my sblive software. After I had installed it, I saw that there was another cd that indicated it was for windows 2000. I ran the setup on that and it uninstalled the "older version of the software" and installed itself. When it was done, the computer went through the usual restart stuff, got past the black screen, went to the windows 2000pro screen, the status bar went to the end, then instead of opening to my desktop, the computer flashes a blue screen without a message and restarts again. It continues to do this. AAAARRRRRGGGGGGG....... Help?????? Rod.

Relevancy 30.1%

Thought I would pick your brain here because I am out of ideas and told my friend to reformat the laptop She called me to tell me that her computer will start go through like a quot repair quot sequence then do an quot update quot sequence like windows updates, "repairs", reboots, Laptop repairs, reboots, updates, etc! updates then restart and go through the SAME THING again and never booting to Windows It is a vicious circle it is in She told me that she never interrupted any Windows updates while they were going on in the past so I really don't know what lead the PC to this behavior They let the laptop even sit and go through this for like hours and it just keeps doing it Apparently the recover CD thing isn't working either for her to get it out of this funk She really doesn't want to reformat it in case she has something on there that isn't backed up but I honestly have no other answers for her Anyone know what is going on with this thing and why Any other solutions besides a reformat Thanks in advance

A:Laptop "repairs", updates, reboots, repairs, updates, reboots, etc!

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-repairs-updates-reboots-repairs-updates-reboots-etc-398274.html
Relevancy 29.24%

When playing Flight Simulator 2004 the pc will suddenly reboot, this will occurr when I pick an airplane or making other selections. This began after I instslled a Radeon 9600xt. I have the latest driver for this card and have emailed ATI with this problem was told to read the FAQ. which I have done and made changes where applicable. After the pc reboots the error reads "just recovered from a serious error". Also recently while in other programs (non games) I get windows explorer has an error and will close down.
My PC Specs.
Intel Motherboard D865PERL
Intel pentium 4 2.4GHZ proccessor
Bus Speed 800mhz
Memory: 1024 MB Ram
DDR 320
Thanks

A:PC reboots on it own

How's the heat doing in the machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-reboots-on-it-own.195848/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have currently just reinstalled Windows XP on a clients computer and installed pc2700 memory module 512mb, i have patched windows XP back upto service pack 2 and had to reinstall the graphics driver. Computer boots then will suddenly reboot itself, the client has told me that when he manually selects restart the computer boots and it then runs ok...

Any ideas..?

A:Help with reboots

Are you getting a BSOD? If not then set it so that it doesn't restart automatically and see if you can get an error message.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-reboots-280357.html
Relevancy 29.24%
Q: Reboots

I recently swapped out a single layer DVD burner and placed in a dual layer. Since then the 64 bit unit I built will only boot to the boot menu and then restarts. This is an endless loop. I reformatted and reinstalled Windows xp and it still does this. Any clues? I really don't want to think it is my new dual layer.

A:Reboots

Take it out and see what happens. The result will answer your question.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboots.25417/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello there PC reboots Here is my problem tried to fix it myself but no good so far whenever I open something like photos in Facebook in Mozilla sometimes in PC reboots Chrome my pc reboots itself no BSOD this problem doesn't happen in Chrome Also it doesn't generate any crash log tried to look for problem with WinDbg and NotMyFault In few cases when the PC rebbot occured it wouldn't start at all I had to upplug the PSU cable and put it back it in order for it to work and in few cases it only rebooted till the motherbord screen and than froze Also in few cases back than there was a very loud sound coming out of the case when pc booted only to stop few mins after I think it was the front fan mailfunction Also same goes if I pull the PSU cable it stop responding or goes into rebooting loop up till the motherboard screen and reboots about - times in row and after that it just goes dead have to pull the cable few more times and finally it starts up Running system Motherboard P QL SE Intel Core Duo E RAM GB GFX card Sapphire HD Windows Ultimate x SP Steps taken Cleaned inside the case I do this on regular basis Reinstalled the windows from scratch after formating the C drive but the problem is still there Tried in safe mode and it seemed stable Got Malewarebits Eset Nod and Spybot none found any issue so far Disabled the quot Automaticly restart quot in Startup and Recovery Cheaked all temperatures all normal Any input or help is more than welcome

A:PC reboots

Only 58 updates since SP1 - most systems have 70 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get all available updates

MSINFO32 blames myfault.sys (as does the memory dump) This driver is a component of the Sysinternal's tool NotMyFault Here's a link to a page from the Windows Internals 5th edition that describes this type of crash: Windows? Internals, Fifth Edition > Crash Dump Analysis > Basic Crash Dump Analysis - Pg. 1138: Safari Books Online

I'd suggest that you disable all stuff that you did with NotMyFault and then remove it from your system.

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on Win7 systems due to the sptd.sys driver.
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

Quote:

FWIW - I've seen a lot of issues with the Asus P5 series of boards. I usually recommend this:
- DO NOT use the AUTO setting for memory. Go to the RAM manufacturer's website and get the recommended settings for the RAM. Then set those settings manually in the BIOS
- one person with a 2009 BIOS has experienced success by updating the BIOS. This is dangerous and one simple mistake can easily damage your motherboard so it won't work. Be VERY, VERY CAREFUL!!!
- one person reports bad caps ( http://http://www.badcaps.net/pages.php?vid=5 ) in this post: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ml#post3476936

Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs
3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES

Code:

ehdrv.sys Thu Dec 09 00:29:52 2010 (4D006950)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:19:01 2010 (4BA3A3F5)
atikmpag.sys Tue May 24 22:25:20 2011 (4DDC6890)
atikmdag.sys Tue May 24 22:36:44 2011 (4DDC6B3C)
Rt86win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:22 2009 (49A65B16)
ASACPI.sys Wed May 13 07:11:32 2009 (4A0AAAE4)
dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Jan 13 08:45:57 2012 (4F103595)
AtihdW73.sys Thu Mar 31 03:14:44 2011 (4D9429E4)
epfwwfpr.sys Thu Dec 09 00:25:16 2010 (4D00683C)
RTKVHDA.sys Tue Dec 15 04:33:09 2009 (4B2757D5)
snpstd3.sys Thu Jul 02 21:15:10 2009 (4A4D5B9E)
eamonm.sys Thu Dec 09 00:29:13 2010 (4D006929)
mbam.sys Wed Nov 02 09:07:25 2011 (4EB1408D)
myfault.sys Thu Jan 06 20:06:20 2011 (4D26670C)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ehdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt86win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASACPI.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dtsoftbus01.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdW73.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=epfwwfpr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHDA.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=snpstd3.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=eamonm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbam.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\030112-19125-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17713.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.111025-1505
Debug session time: Thu Mar 1 15:37:46.221 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:30:16.641
BugCheck D1, {bf8eb800, 2, 0, a0d41579}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for myfault.sys
Probably caused by : myfault.sys ( myfault+579 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: NotMyfault.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xD1_myfault+579
Bugcheck code 000000D1
Arguments bf8eb800 00000002 00000000 a0d41579
BiosVersion = 0303
BiosReleaseDate = 09/17/2008
CPUID: ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-reboots-634416.html
Relevancy 29.24%
Q: reboots

can someone explain to me ..why my computer boot each time i install an application ?
then a warning message appear said..system had recover for bad damages,but it still be the same each time i log on and log off my cpu..my motherboard is nvidia Geforce 6100 and AMD sempron processer and 1gb ram:DDR3 500KVH285 ..

A:reboots

Well, the OS or hard drive is probably corrupt in some way. Try to reinstall the OS (on boot) and if that doesn't work, try another hard drive. By the way, the GeForce is actually your graphics card and not your motherboard. Hope this solution works out for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reboots-258110.html
Relevancy 29.24%

hi there it seems that when i go to play call of juarez i can get as far as the internet lobby page and then my system reboots itself but not all the time i have : pc reboots also noticed that it will do it when i try to access certain movies stored on my hard drive using windows media centre the media center will crash back to the destop i have tried installing new drivers and updates but i still get the glich and once in awhile i ll get a notice saying that my displaydriver has recovered from a serious fault to me it seems like the old display driver is still in my system when it crashes the screen goes black and then reappears with the fault notice in the taskbar showing up but my desktop is still there and all pc reboots : my apps are still running pc reboots : i also noticed that when i use power dvd the system reboots entirely i have used various tools like driver genuis but it hasn t helped should i run dc cleaner to make sure that there no older display drivers still installed in my system iam using vista mediacentre thanks for any help or ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-reboots.880323/
Relevancy 29.24%

Have been fighting a DIR-655 that would routinely reboot, really frustrating.
Found a cure that worked for us.
Go to Advanced and then QOS engine, uncheck the automatic uplink speed.
You may have to play with your uplink speed, I currently have mine set to the highest value with no problems.
After several days no reboots.

A:DIR-655 reboots

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Thanks for posting your solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/325308-dir-655-reboots.html
Relevancy 29.24%

I had a problem with my XP Pro I used a custom built PC with Reboots XP AMD Athlon Everything was fine until oneday when suddenly when my PC would not boot giving an error that a file under system is corrupt or not found So I tried to repair it using my XP cd The problem is when I set the boot sequence to CDROM XP Reboots my pc would not recoginse the CDROM But when the harddisk was set to boot device the cdrom is recoginsed So I am not able to boot with my cdrom Then I removed my hard disk connected to another pc with Intel Pentium on it I was able to format and install XP Reboots the XP and it worked fine on this intel pc So i tried to XP Reboots connect this reinstalled hard disk back to my AMD pc Now XP stops at the screen asking me for safe mode last good known config normal start screen when I choose any of the options it just restarts With safe made windows halts at MUP sys and then restarts I could also see a splash of blue screen for a fraction of second Now I am going to try booting with floppy disk Please help me resolve this issue Will XP installed on pentium and AMD make any difference All help welcome Akil

A:XP Reboots

I don't know for sure what the problem is, but I have ideas.
Have you tried to reinstall Windows XP (again) on the AMD machine?
Because I know XP does look to see if the configurations are the same on your PC. I just ran Office XP and it locked me out because it said there were too many changes, and that I needed to re-activate it. Just a thought, but I really don't have a sure answer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-reboots-27179.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Its' a HP pavilion 524w, 256 ram, xp home, sp1, amd 1.73 processor. It will run for awhile then reboot itself. I have seen it just running but idle and be ok for a couple hours, then start a program and it reboots. It doesn't just lock up or shutdown...always reboots.

I have several minidump files but can't read them.

A:PC reboots on it's own

So it only reboots after you have logged on to windows?

first if you have the windows xp installation cd I would boot to that and run a CHKDSK /p /r from the revovery console.

If that don't work I would test the power supply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347962/pc-reboots-on-its-own/
Relevancy 29.24%

Windows xp SP asus p n-e SLI mobo Spent about months fighting with this issue and Reboots PC need some help troubleshooting it now When I'm PC Reboots playing games on my pc the os blue screens and reboots This usually happens when the most action is going which incidentally is the most frustrating time for it to happen My first fix was to update video PC Reboots card drivers no help Replaced video card helped some still occurs Ran a hardware monitor to check heat and noticed my heat was going way above acceptable limits Found out I had accidentally unplugged my cpu fan cring Got that plugged in System seemed stable for awhile Started crashing again Replaced all three case fans Still crashes Have new ram on the way Not sure if this will help or not So thats where I am and I would really like to avoid randomly replacing parts until I get the thing working I would like someone to recommend a more intelligent approach to determine what the problem is I never find anything useful in the windows event system or in the BSOD Thanks in advance

A:PC Reboots

You may want to check the windows hardware compatibility list to make sure your video card(s) are supported http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx

Also upgrade to XP Pro sp3. Better to stay updated with the hardware in your machine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-reboots-380129.html
Relevancy 29.24%

i dont know why it does it but i have read abit into what might cause the problem, but still i dont have a clue why. the last time it happened...apart from today was about a week a go. here are the stop errors i got.

(today)
Error code 0000004e, parameter1 00000099, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000.

and whilst looking through the event view i noticed alot of DCOM errors, does this have any relevance?

thanks

Relevancy 29.24%

After working for several hours the Win 7 machine reboots itself. I have never actually seen it happen. I may go away for an hour and come back to find the log-in screen.

This was frustrating when I had to take a trip out of town leaving Teamviewer activated which worked fine the first day but second day my machine was off and unable to make contact.

Originally I thought it was the screensaver app maybe causing the issue but it has rebooted without the screensaver function activated.

Is there a methodology whereby I could self diagnose this problem. Appreciate some suggestions.

A:Win 7 reboots

Have you verified that your computer is not set to hibernate/sleep after a certain amount of time? Check the settings in Control Panel>Power Options

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-reboots-999698.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey,

It's just started to happen. Randomly my computer will reboot. Im running XP.

Gotta be quick before it reboots.

Thanks

Relevancy 29.24%

Hi A couple weeks ago i was forced to move my pc from the st floor to the downstairs floor - since this move my pc has constantly been rebooting every now and then Reboots Pc ? Plz - Help This can happen during startup or even after to hours of normal functioning so i'm thinking it was the motherboard touching the inside of the case or even the Pc Reboots - Plz Help ? Power supply which had moved or something So i took it to pieces and reassembled everything just fine However this rebooting is still occuring Pc Reboots - Plz Help ? and i'm starting to run out of ideas I have NOD running full time do regular scans with spybot and a registry mechanic fix every so often I can't say for sure it isn't a virus of some kind so I thought i might post a HJT log anyway I might add that the reboot seems to occur after Pc Reboots - Plz Help ? i launch an app Could be any application like the web browser a game or music player I thank you for any advice you can give me I followed the pre-HJT log post before posting this This is pretty annoying - it just rebooted on me while typing this Luckily i saved before to notepad Don't hesitate to tell me to quot fix checked quot on any of the below references - if possible i'd like to get rid of any useless stuff from my comp while i'm at it But i'm no expert P S Sorry for the french lines I live in france Config Wind XP pro SP AMD Athlon XP Ghz ram----------------------------------------------------------------------------------HJT Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exeC Program Files Eset nod kui exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXEC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Fichiers communs Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Eset nod krn exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC DOCUME ARCHIE LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google us R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName LiensO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKLM Run Video Driver svbhost exeO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run RaidTool C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exeO - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICEO - HKLM Run Microsoft Updates svshost exeO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run Jet Detection quot C Program Files Creative SBLive PROGRAM ADGJDet exe quot O - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWndO - HKLM Run... Read more

Relevancy 29.24%

My PC reboots automatically, every time appr. 5-10 minutes after I normally boot my PC.

I already checked some threads here. Advise was to check the event log. It doesn't give any problems at the time of the auto-reboot, but a system error at the time I booted the computer after:
Foutcode; 0000009c, parameter1: 00000004, parameter2: 8054d5f0, parameter3: b2000010, parameter4: 00010c0f.

Foutcode means something like error-code (Dutch)

any other advice?

A:PC reboots without any cause

This sort of error is usually very difficult to troubleshoot. It's also an error reported by your CPU to Windows - so Windows usually won't log any information about it. Here's a link to a description: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x9cMost causes are overheating, failed hardware, or overclocking.I would stop any overclocking until the problem is resolved.I would clean out the inside of the case and ensure that all the fans are working correctly.I would disconnect any non-essential hardware to see if that helps to clear up the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175219/pc-reboots-without-any-cause/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi!

I found your site this morning. I'm trying to follow your instructions: Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

Every time I run DDS.scr on my workstation running Windows XP latest version, it produces 15+ #-signs, then my computer reboots.

WHY is this happening?

HOW can I complete DDS.scr?

Please, advise. Thank you.

A:DDS.scr reBoots XP?

Same computer as here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic458865.html/page__p__2747622__fromsearch__1#entry2747622 ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458866/ddsscr-reboots-xp/
Relevancy 29.24%

hey everybody I have windows xp amd GHz ram I ran chkdsk from the command prompt It didn t start on reboot So I went to my computer and started it that way During disk check the following problems were fixed Deleting corrupt attribute record quot quot from file record segment On step Reboots I In Log When of Reboots When I Log In Inserting data attribute into file On step of windows replaced bad clusters in file of name program- micros- wizards trj trus wwp Bad cluster in file of name Reboots When I Log In windows hf mig kb - spzqfe ieapfltr dll Disk check finished with know further problems Computer rebooted and went to welcome screen when i logged into the admin acct the computer rebooted and went back into disc check The disc check didn t find any problems Everytime i log into my acct admin acct the comp reboots I can log into the other two user accts both limited and they work fine Any help you can offer would be appreciated Thanks joe mc

A:Reboots When I Log In

One thing you could do is boot into Safe Mode, create a new Admin account and then delete the old one that you're having problems with (copying any important data over to the new account first).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/125697/reboots-when-i-log-in/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a question about my pc acting somewhat weird lately reboots PC hrs 3 after Whenever using my pc not necessarily playing games such as Doom I surf the web do stuff and after around hours my pc would reboot Then it works fine for another - hours then reboots again Now I do have PC reboots after 3 hrs somewhat of a heat PC reboots after 3 hrs problem when playing games my PIV gets up to degrees and higher never above though So I ALWAYS have the side of my case completely open I am planning to install fans quite soon however I wanted to ask about this nonetheless just in case someone may think of something else that can cause the problem Medium Tower Case Watts power supply PIV at Ghz GB RAM Radeon Pro mbs WinXP Home with SP GB HD Intel GBF Motherboard PCI AGP soundMAX onboard sound LCD monitor DVDRW x x CDRW x x Cooling fan on CPU on Video Card in Power Supply on the back of the case plus a Heatsink on the CPU nbsp

A:PC reboots after 3 hrs

60c is very hot and may be causing this however so can your badly overworked under powered power supply 350 watts is to small for your system and is probably over heating, and causing all other components to over heat as they are straining to keep alive while being starved for power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-reboots-after-3-hrs.294279/
Relevancy 29.24%

I RECENTLY BUILT MY PC Reboots And Pc Over Over. AND EVERYTHING Pc Reboots Over And Over. WAS GOOD FOR ABOUT A MONTH NOW WHEN IT STAYS ON FOR NO MORE THAN MINUTES I DID A SYSTEM RESTORE TO THE FIRST DAY OF CONFIGURATION IT STAYED ON FOR A WHILE BUT Pc Reboots Over And Over. THEN IT KEPT DOING IT IT WILL TURN ON FOR LIKE SEC THEN TURN OF Pc Reboots Over And Over. THEN ON THEN OFF OER AND OVER UNTIL I DISCONNECT THE POWER SUPPLY FROM THE JACK FUNNY THING JUST HAPPENED WHEN I WENT TO CHECK UP ON MY PC TO MAKE SURE WHAT HARDWARES I HAD I WENT TO SYSTEM TO WRITE DOWN INFO ABOUT THE MEMORY AND OTHER STUFF AND RIGHT BEFORE IT SHUT DOWN I READ THAT IT ONLY HAD OF MEMORY COULD ONE OF THE MEMORY STICKS BE CAUSING THIS A SIGN CAME OUT BEFORE IT SHUT DOWN ALL I READ WAS quot THE INSTRUCTION quot AND THEN IT SHUT DOWN ON ME WINDOWS ULTIMATE INTEL CORE ghz OCZ GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive - BIT

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-reboots-over-and-over-236146.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Great site. I'm having a problem when adding a CD (blank or not) to my cpu. The system just reboots on it's own. SOmetimes I can be looking at pictures on the CD and it will reboot on it's own. I'm runing XP Pro.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-reboots-when-a-cd-is-put-in.875841/
Relevancy 29.24%

I"ve had this since christmas, and all of a sudden, it has started rebooting on it's own. I think it has to do w updates. sometimes i can catch it, and postpone it, but never put it on hold indefinitely. othertimes, I dont get there in time, and I lose all my pages, and have to wait for extended periods of time (on my "Amish Dial up" ) for the pages to reload on connection. Always losing several pages. how do i stop this? I don't necessarly WANT all those updates. some are messing up the pc, I'm sure of it. it's a laptop.

Thanks guys. hope you can help me fix this.

Relevancy 29.24%

hello,i need some help sir,my computer reboots after few minutes my os xp sp2,what`s the solution here pls help me sir.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-reboots-384508.html
Relevancy 29.24%

when i start my pc it doesnt load up correctly it keeps rebooting when it gets to the windows logo and then goes round in circles help!!!!
im trying not to lose my work on it also i have tryed to start in safe mode but no difference

Relevancy 29.24%

Yesterday my Pc began to reboot itself quite a bit. So I started with the basics,
-tried another PSU
-disconnected everything and reconnected it
-clean for dust
-re-seated memory
-tried a different CPU/CPU Fan (both)

What it does is boot up login in to windows and sits for about 20 secs. Then shuts itself down. It seems to "click" when it turns off but im not sure if thats just the PSU or if its the CPU. Specs are-
HP d530c Desktop
2.66 gig intel
240 Watt PSU
1 gig ram ddr (4 256)
AtI Radeon 9800 XT
40 gig HD 7200
80 HD 7200
not sure what the Socket # is....or motherboard type.

Any help would be great!!! thanks!

A:PC Reboots

The 'click' is more than likely made by your hard drive arm. Possible the hard drive is toast or is failing badly.

Can you put it into another comp and check it out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-reboots.75846/
Relevancy 29.24%

ok here it is as best as I can explain it I was gone on vacation for days when I left I shut my computer down and turned off the power I didnt shut off the power strip left that on but I turned off the machine I come home go to start up and the computer wont load into xp I always get a floppy drive failure XP Reboots cause I had to disconnect the floppy drive xp dont use those anyway so didnt XP Reboots matter but when it got to the xp screen it started showing the bar and goes right to reboot when it comes back up it asks if you want to go into safe mode safe mode with debugging normal windows I tried them all to no avail so I put in the xp disk and thought to try from the disk the disk wouldnt reload the recovery console so that was out finally I decided to start over and just reload windows now it does fine till it gets to the format screen if I do a quick format it does all of that but starts telling Me it cant find dll files asks if I wanna skip only problem is once it starts not finding the dll files it doesnt find any they are on the disk cause we have loaded windows several times if I go to a normal format it just sits on zero and never changes it just stays on zero I have installed windows xp or times and then me so I know how to do that much but this is a bit beyond me this is windows xp pro I am thinking its a hardware problem but I dont know how to diagnose or where to start any ideas would be much appreciated nbsp

A:XP Reboots

Whew! 300+ words without a full stop.

I would suggest that it's possible that faulty RAM would be a cause (its commonly associated with such errors on installation of Windows, the one occasion it all gets used) but without studying the post in detail...?

Sorry, its just too hard to read. Otherwise I would try to help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-reboots.271504/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all, yesterday i started having some issues with my computer,it rebooted with no reason and when i went to check to event viewer i found many events of this type ....... An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation. and A parity error was detected on \Device\Ide\IdePort0. . I recently change my HDD cause i had problems with the previous one and i purchase a Western Digital 320 GB HDD (8MB Cache, 7200 rpm, IDE, WD3200AAJBAt this momment i am perfoming a diagnostic for my HDD by i thought i could use some advise from experts tooMy computer is an Intel Pentium 4 at 3.2 Ghz 1.00 GB ram and yesterday i updated to Windows XP profesional SP 3Thanx in advance for any advicesUpdate : Diagnostic didnt show any errors

A:PC reboots

You only have 1 hard drive installed?I find it hard to believe that Windows will find disk errors which go unnoticed by the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic.http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=A...mp;oq=&aqi=Have you checked the connections to the drive?Is the jumper properly set?Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/237510/pc-reboots/
Relevancy 29.24%

I am trying to run sfc /scannow on an XP pro sp2, 400mgz, 256mb mem, w/pioneer DVD-rom #114, geforce fx5200 and everytime i try to run scan, it asks for the cd or dll cache and i hit retry and the machine just reboots after i put my xp disk in tray,
but it will reboot even if i just put in a data cd

Relevancy 29.24%

Well Ive been Reboots suffering with bsod s and reboots for the last several months and can t take it anymore and understand this is the place to get help The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x d I recently upgraded my computer quite thoroughly from the vid card to ram to hard drive to psu The reboots seem to happen only while im either playing a game or watching a dvd which leads me to believe that its a vid card issue Reboots although Ive updated my Radeon with numerous updates and versions Ive used driver cleaner every time as well Ive pretty much updated all drivers to think about it Ive got some of my minidumps here h p www megaupload com d JR LI RH Also to try fixin the problem ive recently formated yesterday to no avail I can give a few more minidumps if needed My mobo is a P P mx with onboard audio video lan with the video disabled via the bios which is the original bios I hope someone here can figure it out as Im outta ideas as well a City of Heroes support is out too From what I understand cpc is quite amazing at figuring this stuff out so Im praying lol Comp specs Nothing is overclocked now although the cpu and vid card were Asus p p MX mobo Tsunami watt PSU Celly was overclocked to mhz gig Western Digital primary gig Maxtor secondary x LG cdrw x Creative PCDVD encore Soundmax onboard audio Realtek onboard lan PC and PC out right now to see if it was the prob mb Radeon PCI XP Pro BareBones version Can give more info if needed and Any help at all will be greatly appreciated and Thanks in advance Peace nbsp

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Please let us know the results.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reboots.38049/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello - x -bit or x - the original installed OS on the system Windows - an OEM or full retail version Full retail - What is the reboots not im when looking! age of system hardware Few months - What is the reboots when im not looking! age of OS installation few weeks I recently installed a fresh image of win x on a freshly formatted harddrive of mine after needing to RMA my primary harddrive For a little bit of history my primary started to fail so went to return it in place i used a new harddrive and i seem to get bsods errors after trying this current hard drive im getting the same errors The problem occurs when leave my computer Sometimes i would be playing a game installing a program then go get a drink reboots when im not looking! or something of the sort and come back to my computer being restarted and windows trying to send an error report to microsoft I've tried reinstalling my video card drivers but it seemingly did not help I've only noticed these errors when i installed the new harddrives Any suggestions Hopefully this zip is sufficient and Thanks in advance

A:reboots when im not looking!

Dumps blame atikmdag.sys, your ATI display drivers

- Boot into safe mode with networking
- Uninstall the ATI drivers including Catalyst Control Center
- Use driver sweeper to remove leftover ATI display driver files Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
- Install the latest drivers ATI Radeon
- Reboot into normal mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/133615-reboots-when-im-not-looking.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey I am at the end of my rope PC was running fine and lost a hard drive Purchased new drive and also motherboard and video card Why not Just assembled it Abit kn sli ati radeon x xt AMD x corsair pc g maxtor pata drive x g maxtor sata drives raid Reboots and again reboots mode watt antec neo power supply asus dvd sony dvd-rw So fresh install using the ide drive for boot drive and sata for storage install froze at end Reboots and reboots again of install end of install screen blanked the text mouse and keyboard shut off but Reboots and reboots again never went black and rebooted I forced the power boot and at the windows logo screen there is a micro second flash of the blue screen with error message but can not read it then reboot I have tried safe mode but the last load show it rebooting on MUP SYS I have tried disableing this and it goes on to the next one in the list so this has been enabled again I have turned everything on the board off in the bios no help I have tried the install times with the same results I have never had one do this to me before and it is kicking my butt I would try throwing windows k at it but I am sure it will do the same thing to me This is windows xp pro SP Any help anyone may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:Reboots and reboots again

could be a hardware issue. hmmm...........try installing windows with only one gig of ram.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reboots-and-reboots-again-90518.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, wondering if anyone can help me please. My PC at work reboots itself quite regularly. This can happen 2 or 3 times a week and is extremely annoying. Also, my mouse pointer is very juddery on screen, which is also quite annoying. Any ideas what could be wrong? I've attached my hijackthis for more info.

Cheers.

A:PC reboots by itself

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/430860 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430860/pc-reboots-by-itself/
Relevancy 29.24%

My spare computer with WinXP has worked fine for about 18 months. Today when I tried it it kept rebooting itself. If I tried any of the other modes (safe mode, command prompt mode etc.) it just goes and reboots again. The blue screen of death flashes on very briefly after the WinXP splash screen shows then the system goes to reboot. I was able to take a pic of the blue error message.
I have made no hardware changes nor installed any software recently. I use AVG antivirus and various spy killers and am careful when online.
System is a Wintergreen P4 2.53 w/1gig ram.
Here's the error I get shown in the attached photo.

Any suggestions? Thank you.

See fix below.

Relevancy 29.24%

For a couple weeks now I will leave my computer on and come back later to see it sitting at the boot up password screen. I will enter my password, it starts Windows okay, and wants to send Microsoft the "serious problem" message, which I let it do. The MS message I get back says it might be a driver compatibility problem, but I've installed nothing lately.

I checked my Power Settings & disabled hiberanation, etc. to see if that would solve it, but it hasn't.

Any one have any suggestions?

Relevancy 29.24%

When I start up my computer it automatically goes to the screen to choose safe mode with networking command prompt last known good configuration etc Nomatter what I pick it just reboots I checked my boot ini it s fine I ran Just Reboots Xp xp recovery cd on bartpe Xp Just Reboots and told it to use one of the recoveries but it only took like two seconds to complete so I guess it only fixed the registry Plus I m not getting any blue screens so maybe it s not the registry I did have the ntos virus yesterday and just got rid of it so maybe that has something to do with it I dunno what to do I can boot from usb and cd but I can t get anywhere no command prompts I can t get anywhere it just reboots All my files are there My hard drive is brand new It s all brand new Was all working fine Lets just assume it s not a bad piece of equipment cause if it is that doesn t help What could it be that I could possibly fix On bartpe I went into my c drive and saw that all my files were there I mean as far as I could tell So something screwed with my booting And fixing booting is something I can t seem to figure out nbsp Xp Just Reboots

A:Xp Just Reboots

inspiron 1720 1.5ghz core 2 duo 2gb 677mhz ram, 120 gb hd. Windows xp pro slipstreamed with sp2 and updated with windows updates.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-just-reboots.662832/
Relevancy 29.24%

My PC reboots itself while I'm playing starcraft 2. I've unchecked the "Automatically restart" option, but I still don't get a blue screen, it just reboots.

I found out that if I disable the LAN connection the problem doesn't occur (I'm using a router). I do have the proper drivers installed.

Please help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-self-reboots-504135.html
Relevancy 29.24%

About a month ago I purchased two GB kits of RAM Each kit came with two GB PC DDR PC - low density chips Once I recieved the two GB kits I installed them into my computer After installing the RAM I turned on my PC and my due to PC RAM reboots OS began to start up Once Windows Vista started up I went to Control Panel then to System to make sure I had the right amount of PC reboots due to RAM memory PC reboots due to RAM GB in total I checked and noticed that only GB was showing At first I didn t understand why there was only GB rather than GB So I shutdown my computer and took out all of the chips then put them back in I turned on my computer and checked once more but there was still only GB showing I was confused I tried once more I shutdown my computer took out all of the chips but this time when trying to install the RAM I struggled a bit I managed to get them in PC reboots due to RAM however when I turned on my computer instead of getting the Dell boot screen as I usually do before Windows starts up I got a black screen with white letters and numbers on the top left corner I can t remember exactly what it said but I remember seeing DDR some where inbetween Everytime I try pressing Enter or any other key on my keyboard nothing happens I turned off the computer and powered it back on but got the same message I turned off my computer again then took out the RAM once more to check if there were any visible scratches or cracks on any of the chips but nothing This time instead of putting all of the chips back into the computer I decided to put just one set GB of RAM After putting the GB of RAM I turned on the computer and got the same black screen At that point I was convinced that the RAM was damaged due to my struggling when trying to install it I took out the first set of RAM then tried the second This time the computer booted up and Windows Vista began to start I went to Control Panel then to System to see how much RAM was showing up it showed GB I said to myself quot Okay then I must of just damaged the other set of chips quot I accepted the fact that the other set of RAM was damaged A few minutes later suddenly the screen goes black then quot The Blue Screen of Death quot as they call it pops up and my computer reboots It does this every time I have the memory sticks installed into my computer I m left with no choice but to use the original RAM that came with my PC Why is this Is my second set of RAM damaged as well Or is there something that i have to do Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:PC reboots due to RAM

Now I have a question. Do you understand now why only 3GB was showing?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-reboots-due-to-ram.128313/
Relevancy 29.24%

i have a dell 220 vistro desktop that wont let me install windows xp it just says it has to close windows\system32\config\system

A:reboots

Hello to bleeping computer!

I'm confused as to what you want to do here. Are you saying you want to wipe your computer and reinstall windows xp fresh and clean?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445400/reboots/
Relevancy 29.24%

While using quot Roxio quot computer rebooted on it s own and the following error message popped up quot Microsoft Windows Error signature BCCode e BCP C BCP A C B BCP A C BCP OSVer SP Product quot without the quotes This happened twice the second time I was just surfing the web Otherwise the PC runs just fine I quot m running Windows XP Media Center Edition GHz GB Memory Also use Norton Internet Security Spybot S amp D AdAware reboots PC it's own on WinPatrol Spyware Blaster PC reboots on it's own and Spyware Guard PC reboots on it's own I asked SONY my make of PC what should be done about it All they tell me quot Restore to previous setting which I did but it happened again This time I did not restore and so far everything seems to be OK I also tried to find an answer by Googleing the problem but did not find a proper answer Does anybody have a clue what this is all about Your help is always appreciated thank you

A:PC reboots on it's own

From the M$ web site.The HaxDoor virus may cause a "STOP 0x00000050" or "STOP 0x0000008e" error messageExplains that the HaxDoor virus may generate a Stop error message or restart your computer in Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or Windows XP. You can manually remove the variant of the HaxDoor virus to resolve this issue.http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;en-us;903251This does a better job of explaining and provides some methods of extraction.http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcen...or.haxdoor.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29969/pc-reboots-on-its-own/
Relevancy 29.24%

Guys, here's the problem:

I just recently reinstalled Windows XP SP2 on my pc. Now after a few days, I tried to run cmd from the run dialog box... and as soon as i press enter the system displays an error message (which i cannot catch) then suddenly restarts... And this happens all the time... Does anyone have any clue to what might have cause this? Help would be very much appreciated.

P.S.- i'm thinking this could be a virus... but it's only a hunch...

A:XP SP2 reboots when trying to run cmd

yes it may be a virus
WORM_ALCAN.A
http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_ALCAN.A&VSect=T

have a read here
http://blogs.sun.com/abhi/entry/winxp_cmd_shell_window_problem
is it just cmd
have a read here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q310585/
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q311446/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-sp2-reboots-when-trying-to-run-cmd.764405/
Relevancy 29.24%

The computer was working fine. My daughter did receive a download on her Guild War games to receive gold thru ebay. We shut the computer down and when we went to start it again later it keeps rebooting just after I go into my profile. I see the desktop for about 10 sec and it reboots. I try to go into safe mode it never finishes and reboots. I tried the dos option, and again it reboots. If any one can help I would greatly appreciate it. I have Windows xp professional. Thank you !!

I just disconnected it from my router and the desktop is staying up. I am looking into it. Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/33393/reboots/
Relevancy 29.24%

Fresh install. Actually, the second fresh install. Just this afternoon, I was able to boot into 2000. I just got a new XP disk and now thought I didn't have to deal with 2000 anymore. Yay! Installed it as a FAT system. Thought it might be the filesystem, so I reinstalled it as NTFS.

I tried everything here and here. But to no avail. The drivers scroll past, mup.sys appears on the screen, and then the screen goes black, and the computer reboots. Any other Ideas?
SPECS:
AMD Athlon 2400+ (2.0 GHz)
512 RAM
nVidia n-force2 onboard graphics card (64 MB)
20GB and 40GB HDD
CD drive
SysQuest EZflyer
floppy
4 back, 2 front USB
1 back, 1 front IEEE 1394

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-reboots-after-mup-sys.858039/
Relevancy 29.24%

When I placed new RAM (2x Corsair vengeance 4gb ddr3) my pc starts rebooting and never stops. I cant press DEL or F12 for the boot menu. When I tryied to check each one alone both of them work but when I place them together they didn't.
I have: Asus p7h55-m

A:New RAM, PC reboots

Is your RAM set in the right configuration as per motherboard specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-ram-pc-reboots.217962/
Relevancy 29.24%

I need some assistance. I have ran a couple of different programs on my computer and they have come up with zero for viruses, trojans, spyware, etc. BUT, my computer still boggs down, reboots itself after a mere 5 - 10 minutes!

So, I'm curious IF it's NOT a virus. What would cause my computer to just "reboot" by itself. And sometimes I get a message on the screen, a little box that says something like "WinNT system is shutting down now, you have 1 minute to save, etc" I am running WinXP Home.

Please Help!

Thanks!

Kelly

A:Reboots By Itself

to BC mmof3bys,That's a classic symptom of infection by the Blaster worm. We need you to tell us details about your computer including CPU type, RAM capacity, hard drive size, what version of windows, what anti-virus or anti-spyware you have and some details about your applications.If the infection is serious you may need to seek expert help in the HJT forum. If that is necessary then please read the 'Preparation Guide' before posting to:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/Hij...alysis-f22.html For now you can stop the system from rebooting by clicking Start>run and typing shutdown -a. That should give you time to download and run the programs I'll list below:Download the Trend Micro system cleaner from here:Trend Micro System Cleaner Printout the readme.txt file for specific instructions on how to run this utility.Physically disconnect from the internet when told to shutdown anti-virus software. Download McAfee AVERT Stinger utility and see instructions for use, from here:StingerIs your Anti-virus program current and updated? If not you can download a free anti-virus program here (US Link): AVG FreeWhen you have downloaded and installed it you need to go online to register it and update it. (It will probably prompt you to do this.)Once you have installed AVG uninstall your old Anti-Virus software because you should only have one running on your system.Do you have any anti-spyware installed? If not download and update all of the following:Ad-Aware SE from http://www.lavasoft.de/
There is a tutorial on how to run this here: Ad-Aware Tutorial

Spybot Search & Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download
There is a tutorial on how to run this here: SpyBot S&D Tutorial

SpywareBlaster from http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
There is a tutorial on how to run this here: SpywareBlaster Tutorial

Ewido Security Suite complements anti-virus software by specializing in detecting Trojans, Dialers and Spyware and lots of other stuff. It is free for private use.
Download it from here: Ewido download
When installing it untick 'Install Background Guard' and 'Install Scan via Context Menu'.Reboot your computer in Safe Mode and run Stinger, the anti-virus scan and anti-spyware scans there. If you are not sure how to boot in Safe Mode there is a tutorial here: Safe ModeMake a note of what you download as you should inform the HJT team if you end up going there.Let us know what happens.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36458/reboots-by-itself/
Relevancy 29.24%

Today I was using the disk clean up on my PC when in the middle of it (i know stupid move) I restarted my PC. I am running XP. My comp now reboots and reboots. It will get to the XP screen and a quick flash of the BSOD and it reboots continuously. It sucks! I have tried to repair windows, some stuff on recovery and nothing works. I was told that it might be the Hard Drive. Any suggestions?

A:Xp Reboots And Reboots

Hello and welcome to bleepingcomputer,orekakoiilet's try to stop the loop and see if we can get an error messageI suggest you first try to boot in Safe mode . . How to boot in Safe ModeAt the desktop click >StartRight click on My ComputerLeft click Properties Click the Advanced tabClick the Settings button (3rd down) under the heading: Startup and RecoveryClick to REMOVE the checkmark in the box to the left of: Automatically restart (under system failure)then click the OK button,and click the Apply and OK buttons at the bottom of the remaining window. Hopefully instead of the rebooting loop, you WILL get a blue screen, with details of what the error actually is. If you cannot find a fix for the error detailed on the blue screen, post the information here, and someone will likely have a fix or a link with information.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57596/xp-reboots-and-reboots/
Relevancy 29.24%

OMFG! This started happening about a month ago and only rebooted itself rarely. But as time went on it became more frequent and now it does it every 10mins. I shut off the system setting for reboot when there is a problem and i get a BSOD. I have defragmented my system, did a system restore, cleaned off the motherboard of any dust just incase of over heating and have uninstalled a bunch of programs that i thought might be a problem. I have no idea how this started, but its pissing me off. PLZ suggest anymore ways that might fix my problem.

A:Pc Reboots Itself

You sure it's not a virus? Does it give you some error like "Windows has been shut down to prevent damage". It could also be a conflicting driver. Have you installed any new hardware recently. What programs do you have running before it happens? Possibly post a ss of the running programs from task manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-reboots-itself-148305.html
Relevancy 29.24%

Aight i mjust doing my thing and all the sudden it reboots. Boots back up and says system recoverd from an error. the error report says

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini063005-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Hovi\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERA.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

But then it happend lilke 2 hours later. Again

??

A:XP Pro reboots

Open System Properties (winkey+pause/break), select Advanced > Startup and Recovery\Settings.

Make sure "automatically restart" is UNchecked.

This will give you a STOP message on a blue screen that you can copy. Note the Stop error parameters and the driver mentioned.

You may also find them in some cases by going to c:\windows\minidump and opening the minidump files in Notepad. Then select Edit > find, enter stop and "find next".

You will see the STOP error, the parameters, and the driver name, if present, in the proximity of the STOP. Copy and paste that part.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-reboots.376603/
Relevancy 29.24%

It had been a few days since this is happeniing and it is getting
worse. Initially when i shut down XP everything is fine. But now
it will perpetually reboots and do a scandisk. This is what it says:-

'The size of the \Documents and Setting\Zainu\ntuser.dat.log entry is not valid"

"\Documents and Setting\Zainu\ntuser.dat.log is cross-linked on
allocation with 65672'

It did a scandisk and mentioned something about copying and
truncating.

Mine is XPPro dual booting with win98se with 98 in c drive each
in its own drive.

How do i go about resolving this problem?

Relevancy 29.24%

my pc always reboots everytime im winxp os while after playing game?

Relevancy 29.24%

My computer reboots basically whenever it wants to. I could be typing something in Word, playing a game, or just messing around on my desktop and it would just shut down. I have no idea whats wrong. I updated drivers for my TNT already and nothing changed. I'm lost. Please help.

A:Reboots when it wants....

Take the cover off and using a can of compressed air clean it well. Also check to make sure fans are running and vent holes are not clogged. Sounds like it's getting to hot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboots-when-it-wants.33984/
Relevancy 29.24%

I'm running XP on an IBM system with a Microstar 6333 ver. 1 motherboard, P3 1Ghz, just installed OS and after about 5 min. of running, it just reboots. Seems it's when I put a load on it...like opening a game, or several windows open when surfin the net. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:My PC reboots after 5 min.

Hi jay.menard!!

Welcome to TSF !!

Can I know, how long did you use the computer? And where did you place the computer? It might be a air circulation issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pc-reboots-after-5-min-218603.html
Relevancy 29.24%

my PC intermitently rebooting always....... i tried to reinstall windows, change RAM and even replace power supply but still no used....it keeps on rebooting from time to time........
pls ... help....

Relevancy 29.24%

Can anyone advise,
Ive got a pavillion 8715 which I recently formated the hard drive and loaded a fresh copy of windows 98 (so i didnt have the HP rubbish on there).
For a short while now and pre installing win 98 the pc has started rebooting its self in the middle of using it,(first the mouse freezes).The only addittion ive made is a network card so it is networked to this computor.Ive changed the power lead as i was told it could be that but no joy. Before i spend money on a new power pack does anyone have any ideas

Relevancy 29.24%

When I turn-on computer I get as far as desktop and then computer reboots itself. This also happens if I boot off the XP disk.

Relevancy 28.81%

Hello,

My name is Krysti, and I'm somewhat okay with computers. (ish. )
Lately my desktop has been restarting at random, I think at CPU intensive moments, but I'm not quite sure...
I don't know what could cause this, since I don't think I installed anything new or made any changes to my system recently. I thought it was overheating perhaps, but I cleaned the fans and checked if they worked, which they did. Maybe it's just old age, I don't know? I really don't know what to do and I hate using my laptop at home, which is what I'm doing now.

Hopefully someone can help me? I'd appreciate it so much! Thanks in advance!

Krysti

ps: I entered my desktop's computer specifications on my profile.

Relevancy 28.81%

Hi there reboots Random First time posting hopefully I have captured what is required OS - Windows pro SP x Original OS Windows Home Premium Version of current OS I'm a Microsoft Partner - it's internal use software licenses for partners Bought this about Random reboots months ago Installed this OS about months reinstalled right away clean to remove Dell crap Proc Intel Core i - processor MB Cache GHz Video ATI Radeon HD GB DDR MotherBoard unsure Power Supply unsure Dell Studio XPS I've seen a lot of posts specific to my machine and a possible issue with the heatsink The computer is not within any enclosure open bottom desk so Random reboots overheating should not be an issue from normal use barring hardware issues of course Not being a hardware tech I'm starting this to see if there are other issues before proceeding down other avenues to resolve this It's random frequency is hard to determine since I don't use the machine every day but when I do use it it seems it happens once for every extended use day if that makes any sense TIA for any help you can provide Jen

A:Random reboots

There are several memory dumps present in the uploaded files, the most recent being from 19 Sep 2011 (the next most recent is from June and was probably fixed with the Windows Update USB fix). Did you notice this memory dump occurring? Could the random reboots actually be BSOD's? I'd suggest disabling Automatic restarts in order to stop the system at the BSOD (if it's occurring). Here's instructions on how to do this: Set MiniDump

The memory dump points to memory corruption - which doesn't necessarily mean an issue with your memory (this includes CPU Cache, mobo, video and RAM), but it's a good idea to test the memory just to be sure. Here's a link to a free memory test: Memory Diagnostics (read the instructions at the link). There are more tests for the other memory components - but let's not start with them right now.

Repeated errors of this type in the System logfile:

Quote:

Event[903]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Printers
Date: 2011-09-25T10:01:38.000
Event ID: 1111
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: KCIDESK01
Description:
Driver Send To Microsoft OneNote 2010 Driver required for printer Send To OneNote 2010 is unknown. Contact the administrator to install the driver before you log in again.

Event[904]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-Printers
Date: 2011-09-25T10:01:33.000
Event ID: 1111
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: KCIDESK01
Description:
Driver deskPDF required for printer deskPDF is unknown. Contact the administrator to install the driver before you log in again.

Are you doing anything unusual with the printer drivers?

This device is disabled:

Quote:

Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1692&SUBSYS_040D1028&REV_01\4&1A374EE1&0&00E5 This device is disabled.

If it's not needed - enable it, uninstall it's software and physically remove the device from the system. If it is needed, then enable it and update it's software - then disable it again.

So, let's see if we can force it to spit out the name of a 3rd party driver that it blames for the problem. If it doesn't find one, then we'll start looking at hardware/compatibility issues. Please follow these instructions to run Driver Verifier:

Quote:

Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-reboots-603369.html
Relevancy 28.81%

A couple of times now when the system has had an error Windows 2000 has rebooted itself without warning which is damn annoying, is there a way to stop it doing this?

The first time it did this was when I was moving an S/PDIF lead attached to my soundcard and I got a massive 'White Noise' through my speakers.
It did this a few times while I was checking the problem but stopped when I moved the Soundcard into another PCI slot.

It did it earlier this evening when the CD ROM got confused about something.

TUSL2-C
PIII Tualatin 1.4G
W2000 Pro SP3

A:W2K auto reboots?

First off, you can prevent W2K from booting on error, but you'll still have the BSOD with the error. Right click on My Computer / Properties/ Advanced / Startup and Recovery and turn off boot on error. If you're having problems plugging things, try not doing it when the system is on, generally a bad idea. Static can drive you nuts without proper grounding for all components.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/w2k-auto-reboots.104628/
Relevancy 28.81%

After 4+ years my pc started rebooting randomly yesterday. I changed the psu thinking my old one may be going bad. I removed, cleaned and re-installed the cooler/fan with new thermal paste. My board is MSI Z68MA-ED55 B3, i5 2500K cpu, 8g RAM. I know that it is not overheating as it was running @ 42c when it last rebooted. I've done no overclocking. This AM it ran for just over an hour before rebooting then ran for 1/2 hr. and then for another 1/2 hr when it started to reboot every time windows 7 pro started.

One thing that may be unusual is that all 6 cpu phase leds flicker very rapidly except for #1 which stays on solid. since I only see them when I open the case while it's running, I have no idea what they are supposed to look like. The MSI board has been no help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-reboots.1155761/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello. Now this is strange stuff. I just installed win2000 Pro and gave it all the updates. I am connected to internet through a server that is running 2000 server and does ICS. When surfing the net my local machine reboots itself after a few minutes of surfing. It doesn't give my any error messages. In the event monitor it gives me an Event id 8022 and 8021. I put on the latest drivers on video and LAN card. I upgraded to IE5.5 and that didn't help. I appreciate any input. LS

Relevancy 28.81%

I ve been having Reboots Random some issues with my PC doing random reboots What s happened so far About a week ago my PC started to do random reboots I took it in to a local PC shop to get it dusted cause I thought it was overheating This has happened in the past and by getting a good dusting it did fix the issue But even after that the random reboots continued A friend of mine who is a PC technician attempted to fix it with no success He did various software and hardware Random Reboots checks Not sure what Decided to reformat and reinstall Windows XP and a handful of software I Random Reboots use on a daily basis Random reboots continued Took it in to the shop I bought it from and the technicians there could not pinpoint the problem was either Random reboots occur when I go into folders with movies or images the PC will reboot instantly If I view these folders in List no reboots Only in Thumbnail Read this on another forum But it s only a temporary fix All other reboots are random And today I finally get a blue screen after a random reboot This is the error message Bad Pool Caller STOP X C X X XD X OXE I read on an older post when someone asked to attach the minidump dmp file for a closer inspection I have attached the latest minidump file Does anyone know how to fix this issue Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 28.81%

Could someone please tell me why a computer would reboot itself ???

A:Computer reboots itself !!

Ok how old is the pc?
Have u checked the event viewer for errors?
Have u checked the bios to c what the system temp is? and cpu temp?

It could be over heating or driver failure?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-reboots-itself.104013/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi my pc has been for the past year now until yesterday, i turned it on like normal and everything loaded up my desktop all my files but as soon as i clicked anything from internet my documents a game anything it rebooted my pc and still does it now i have tried so many things I unplugged the ram graphics card, everything and plugged back in ive left it off for hours and turned back on I leave it its fine until I click on something and it gives me either a black grey or a yellow ish screen and reboots please please help!!!

AMD FX 6300 black edition hexicore
Corsair vengeance 8GB ram
asus m5a78l-m / usb3 motherboard
powercolor Radeon r7 250 graphics card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-reboots-after-turned-on.1154871/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have a Fujitsu Series III Lifebook and it is constantly rebooting itself ! It does it whenever it feels like and at no particular interval. Sometimes when one application is running sometimes when none are and sometimes when 5 are. Could this be faulty CPU, Ram or software ? Thanks for the help.......

A:Computer Reboots Itself

Please only post in 1 category...

this way it'll be all contained.

BTW...I already replied to you in the Hsardware area!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-reboots-itself.103976/
Relevancy 28.81%

Computer ECS GEForce PM M V - Motherboard Cpu AMD X OS windows XP Hard Drive IBM Hitachi Gig Deskstar This is a brand new computer It was installed and was working ok for about a boots PC reboots and week then the reboot PC boots and reboots problem started So far I have confirmed that its not the PSU or the Harddrive I have reformated the harddrive and reinstalled windows I have shorted Cmos or times with no success I noticed there was no A drive so I changed the Bios entry for the A drive to none thinking that might have been the problem I can boot the computer via safe mode Right now after days of trying to figure this one out I am lost Cant come up with any new ideas So I am looking for suggestions Thanks Jerry PS I am new to the forum and this is my first post PPS I pulled the CPU and regreased it and checked the fan ok

A:PC boots and reboots

Hi jer37 and welcome to TSF.

Quote:

I can boot the computer via safe mode.

In Safe Mode do:-

Window Key+R and type msconfig and hit OK.
Under 'Services tab', tick 'Hide all Microsoft Services' and then uncheck the remaining programs and 'Apply'
Then under 'Startup tab' - Uncheck anything not Microsoft related then 'Apply' and OK

Then reboot and see if that helps. Trying to see if a program or something else may be interfering. What anti-virus are you currently using?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-boots-and-reboots-574771.html
Relevancy 28.81%

hi my pc has been for the past year now until yesterday, i turned it on like normal and everything loaded up my desktop all my files but as soon as i clicked anything from internet my documents a game anything it rebooted my pc and still does it now i have tried so many things I unplugged the ram graphics card, everything and plugged back in ive left it off for hours and turned back on I leave it its fine until I click on something and it gives me either a black grey or a yellow ish screen and reboots please please help!!!
AMD FX 6300 black edition hexicore
Corsair vengeance 8GB ram
asus m5a78l-m / usb3 motherboard
powercolor Radeon r7 250 graphics card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-reboots-as-soon-as-i-click-on-anything.1154875/
Relevancy 28.81%

Here is my last thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f210...rd-535275.html

I changed the PSU to 650W and upgraded video card as well. Also changed the C drive to a different drive due to performance issues.

Everything ran fine for a few days and now the reboots are back.
Earlier the system would boot once in a day or few days. Now it reboots as soon as it boots up.

Here are a few screenshots. Every screenshot reports a different error. The very first screen shot of the error is after a CHKDSK was scheduled.

Help!!

More screen shots.

A:And the reboots strike again ....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

enlarge on what you mean by this

Also changed the C drive to a different drive

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/and-the-reboots-strike-again-541502.html
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey guys, I am having PC problems and I was hoping I can get help here. Here is the story.
During large downloads, my PC would reboot within a min or 2. The PC would also occasionally reboot out of nowhere, even when nobody was using it. It recently got to the point where it reboots during the Windows startup screen. I got another HDD from craigslist and did a fresh install of Windows XP. My PC now has no random rebooting but it still does reboot when trying to download large files. I will try to send a zip file of the minidump. I hope I did it correctly. Thanks for any info or leads.

A:Computer reboots when D/L 2gb+

I am really sorry, my computer is a Compaq Presario SR5710F. The problem is not my RAM or power supply as I tested and put money into these recently. I have had a pirated version of Windows XP on this system since 2009 with no problems, could that be the problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-reboots-when-d-l-2gb.1117303/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi,

My Windows XP always reboots after shutting down. I have looked closely at the shutdown. At a certain point, i see a "blue screen of death" for a fraction of a second. Impossible to read the text on the screen. Just after that, the pc reboots.

The only way to shut the PC down is pressing the power button for a few seconds.

Any idea what is happening ? Or how I could debug this situation ? I have no idea what is wrong. I haven't installed any new software recently, and when the PC boots, the system works fine. It just doesn't shut down anymore.

Peter

Relevancy 28.81%

Hey everyone. I just ran into a problem that has persisted for a few days. I've had my computer for 3 years and never had a problem with it. Now a few days ago it started randomly rebooting when I play games. Sometimes I get a blue screen that says something about a memory dump, other times it reboots normally. One of my friends said my CPU might be overheating (Intel i7 920, 2.67GHz, not overclocked), so I found out my core temps: 53-58 when not doing much, and somewhere in the 80s when running a game. Any insight on possible causes is highly appreciated.

A:Random reboots.

Hello,

Let's start with your temps: Anything above 80-85c is to much, it might be an overheating problem so i suggest to buy an air duster, or a compressed air can and clean your computer vents. They can be found at any computer store or online from Amazon.com

For futher assistant we need your computer specs, please list them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-reboots-661396.html