Windows Support Forum

Montor say going to sleep

Q: Montor say going to sleep

My montor will turn on but than it will say going to sleep. I have tried to unplug everything, it will not work. I plugged the montor to my laptop it came on, but not to my desk top. I don't know what would be wrong. ? Anyone know what it could be? Kat

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/montor-say-going-to-sleep.107515/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Montor say going to sleep

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 49.88%

What can I do to get two monitors to show the same screen info?

A:Montor Help

WELCOME TO TSG, PaintExpert!!!

I have seen video cards that will allow you to have two monitors on one pc, expanding your viewing area. You would be able to have a different application open on each monitor. At my old job, one of our programmers used a Radeon 8500 (I think) video card. This allowed him to code on one screen and see the front side of his code, on the other. Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for.

If not, maybe someone else can help out more.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/montor-help.132616/
Relevancy 49.88%

need help with an older gateway computer. the problem is the computer makes all the sounds of working like when you turn it on but the monitor will not light up and i know the monitor is good. the problem i had with the computer is i though the monitor went out so i got another one for it and got rid of the other monitor but when i plug up the monitor to the computer the light that shows it on should light up but it doesn't. So I'm wondering if its possible that the video card could have went out or is their something else on the mother board that might have to be changed. Sorry i do not know anything about motherboards i can add drives or memory to a computer but when it comes to actually doing work on the board I'm lost. Could some one please help me with this?

A:help with montor

The other monitor didn't work so you installed another one you say you know for sure works but it also doesn't work. Two monitors in a row that don't work sounds like your video card or chip is gone. Seems like the most logical explanation.

But be sure to check the obvious before buying a new video card, like ensuring the monitor is plugged into an electrical outlet and also plugged properly into the video card socket.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-montor.399330/
Relevancy 49.45%

Ok here is what happened I bought a new monitor and instead of turning of my pc i just switched out the monitor cables thinking that it would work and montor New pc? fried i wouldnt have to restart But the new monitor said no signal So instead of plugging the old one back in i just forced the power off using the power button thinking the new monitor might just need a restarted computer to work When i turned th pc power back on the monitor immediatly showed the windows desktop with all these error boxes New montor fried pc? It was wierd it was like it woke up from sleep when i powered on the pc it didn't go to windoes login or the acer screen before that I could still move the mouse and exit out of the error New montor fried pc? boxes So i powered off again using the poer button on the pc and it started to load the acer screen and said it was trying to repair he disk and New montor fried pc? this could take more than an hour After it finished this it said it failed and now im stuck at a blue scren that says choose an option with the following options Continue to load windows Use a device - usb recovery cd ect Triubleshoot - refresh reset or use advanced tools Trun off you pc I tried to refresh the pc under the trouble shoot option and it said there was a problem and no changes were made Then i tried troubleshoot advaced options system restore It gives me two restore points and either one i click on it it tells me you must always restore the drive that contains windows Restoring other drives is optional Then has the c srive listed below it with a selection box but i cant check it and i cant hit next they aregreyed out I really would rather not lose all my files so i havent tried the reset your pc But that might not work either havent tried Im using windows and not sure if i have upgraded to cuz it asks me if i want to download it for free or it used too before this happened lol Acer predetor ag -ur Intel Core i - Microsoft Windows GB DDR RAM TB RPM Hard Drive GB SSD AMD Radeon HD x Blu-ray Disc DVD SuperMulti Double-Layer Combo Drive Multi-in-One Digital Media Card Reader Network a b g n Wireless Bluetooth HS Thank you for your help -

A:New montor fried pc?

Well i was able to get the files onto a usb drive that i needed through command prompt and and am in the process of resetting my pc. Hope it works, so far its looking good. Thx for your help, ill start a new thread if it doesent work. Or you can keep it open, up to you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562653/new-montor-fried-pc/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi i looking at getting a 22-24 inch hd monitor for my pc!!!any ideas and reviews would be great before i order any to avoid dissapointment.cheerBout ?150 is tops.i can find it cheaper online so model name would be great,,

Relevancy 49.45%

I recieved all my componenets today and put them together, but first encounted that the motherboard i bought (Biostar NF52OD3) has no VGA port, so there is one problem, so i pluged in my PCI E graphics card that i know works (because i use it on my old computer) via VGA to my monitor, turned on the computer and no display on the monitor or beep on the motherboard.

All the fans and the CPU headsink are working so its not a power issue, i jsut want some display to happen so i can actually put a OS on it!!

Spec:
AMD Athlon X4 (AM3)
DDR3 8GB (1333mhz) (4x2GB)
Raidon HD 4350
Biostar NF52OD3
Corsiar CX 430w

Relevancy 49.45%

My monitor has been acting funny for quite a while, it would go fuzzy for a little while and just stop, but it was never a huge issue, however now, when I start to do anything, my monitor goes into standby mode and it wont allow me to exit it. So my screen is just completely black, i have to reset it to get it to turn back on but sometimes that doesnt even work. Any ideas?

Relevancy 49.02%

Upon turning on my Samsung 191T lcd monitor today I noticed horizontal streaks of gray - almost like Excel rows. They are fairly uniform in size but not completely throughout the screen. Some areas of the screen seem dimmer than before while some areas of bright colot (red especially) almost seem to be bleeding. It this more likely to be my monitor or my NVidia GeForce 2 video card ... or something else I'm not thinking of.
I've system restored and attempted monitor and display adjustments to no avail. I also attempted to update my vid card drivers and as NVidia had a new set out but I got an error indicating that the proper drivers for this update could not be located and the install wiz shuts down.

A:Montor - Video Card ... or both?

Pull the monitor and check it on another system. This will tell you very quickly whether it is the monitor or the video card.

BTW I would not use the latest driver for a gf2 type card. Use a driver in the 30 series from nvidia's site. The newest drivers are not really optimized for old video cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/montor-video-card-or-both.385934/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a Dell Inspiron 531 desktop with a 17 inch ViewSonic VA1703wb LCD Monitor. Running Vista Basic.

The display on the monitor is larger than the screen. This happened a few weeks ago and I adjusted the resolution to 1280x1024, which fixed the problem.

It has happened again and this time adjusting the resolution does no good.

I have tried rebooting. Shutting down, disconnecting the power cord for several minutes and reconnecting and powering up but nothing help.

The computer and monitor were three (3) years old last month.

Any ideas?

Second question, what is a "tag"?

Thanks

Relevancy 49.02%

i am haveing a montor troble when i turn it on just a white screen i have changed the video card now i have to plug and unplug it and it works ?

A:montor white screen

Quote:

have to plug and unplug it and it works

Are you referring to the monitor or the PC?

Post the make/model of the PC.If this is a custom build then post the specs.

Have you tested the monitor on another system to see if problem persists?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/montor-white-screen-474326.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Bit of background: The power supply blew-up on my ATX M/C so I swaped it out and the Machine started up. After a few second my 19" LCD monitor started flashing on and off.

XP Pro, Asus P5PE-VM, Intergrated Video Intel 82865G, Pentuim D 930 2048 ram.

I have tried to obvious, changing resolution (on desktop and monitor settings), uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers to the monitor and Video to no effect.

Here's the strange thing, If I plug in my old 15" monitor it works fine at any resolution (so I assume it is not a problem with the Video hardware or software or the generic Msoft moitor diriver). As soon as I plug in the 19" the flashing starts again. If I plug the flashing 19" into my Laptop and run at any resolution it works fine

Any Ideas?

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a stereo speaker built into my monitor, and a soundMAX sound chipset thing, but there is no sound whatever i do, can anyone help, i have the 810 chipset.

A:No Andio Through My Montor Speakers

dbd night ,
You should probably post more information, such as your operating system, what make and model monitor you're using and if you've tried downloading the drivers for your speakers. Just a little advice.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/37277/no-andio-through-my-montor-speakers/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Ive never really had this problem before but when playing some games every now and again my System amp Montor automatics turns off and all system responses shut down and get stuck which i have to manually reboot the computer This problem randomly off System&Montor !! shuts only seems to happen when i play games s i dont know why i have Avira Anti Virus Malwaresbytes Anti Malware AVG and Ad-Aware and i do regular scans so i know if cannot be a virus I doute its my OS I have Vista Home Premium Custom Build Box which did cost me over Just the base This does seem to happen much more ofter when i started to play Age of Conan Day Trail Im not sure if its diret x Because there is an option to use either or which is a test its System&Montor randomly shuts off !! currently on because ive upgraded it to ten when i first installed my OS But this seems to happen every mins when playing Its not the only game that it happens to when i play crysis and many others it happens Any Idea nbsp

A:System&Montor randomly shuts off !!

Check that your cables are connected properly, failing that it may be a PSU problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-montor-randomly-shuts-off.820622/
Relevancy 48.59%

My computer wont display video on my primary monitor. It plays the audio, just not the video. It will display web videos and streaming video, but not anything saved to my hard drive. However, if i run it in quicktime, it will display the video. I think it may have something to do with the new ATI 3850 Graphics card i installed earlier this year, because it wond display on my primary monitor, but it will display on a secondary monitor, as long as i have it in theater mode. Does anyone have the same issue? and how can i fix it? Thank you for any help you can give.

A:Cant view video on primary montor.

What program are you viewing video in? try minimizing the application and dragging it over to your main monitor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-view-video-on-primary-montor-399861.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys

So my monitor was recently broken and i gave it to warranty, at the same time i started to use an old monitor i have for replacement until they fix it. Now i got my monitor back and when i switch to 1680x1050(optimal resolution) it seems big as hell, it cant even display it fully , i have to scroll around to see all desktop. but it seem to work fine with 1440x900 , but it dosent feel right do me .Because before I used it in 1680x1050 without a problem. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.73%

i have a HP w19b flat screen montor that has audio volume box pop up that i can't get to go away.? I finally got the menu to come up one time and when it did the monitor was going through the menu highlighting the different options without being touched.  Since then I have not been able to get the menu back up or get the audio volume box to go away.  Any ideas as to what I could try to fix this?  Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

A:i have a w19b flat screen montor that has audio box pop up t...

Jason, welcome to the forum. When requesting help, you should always include the make/model of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them. I suggest reinstalling the driver for the audio device.  Also, check in the Device Manger to see if it shows that the audio device is working properly.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/i-have-a-w19b-flat-screen-montor-that-has-audio-box-pop-up/td-p/802419
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi everybody This is first sleep initiated state if immediattely Desktop Remote Sleep after was complete not S3 time asking a question hope I'll Sleep S3 state not complete if sleep was initiated immediattely after Remote Desktop do Sleep S3 state not complete if sleep was initiated immediattely after Remote Desktop good I Sleep S3 state not complete if sleep was initiated immediattely after Remote Desktop use Win and others with sleep wake-up nbsp from long time now as main method of start stop nbsp Recently I managed to connect a Win desktop to network by cable just to be able to wake it up using RDP and work on it from other PC-s All fine but After closing RDP by disconnect and nbsp wait min to enter in sleep mode supposed to be S everything goes well till it should stop power-which it don't like in S In BIOS power options I choose quot S only quot not quot auto not quot S only quot Moreover the red led HDD goes on and stay on this state indefinitely Same result if you log-off from RDP and manually put it on sleep locally from log-in screen WITHOUT logging in The Problem Next the computer don't wake up do nothing by start button neither by RDP quot computer not present quot or so nor even by reset button The only way to re start it is by power down sec on start button or cutting down the power I'm for years in computing I never saw that hard reset won't work because of software nbsp Other computers with Win used before never have this problem - they normally enter in sleep S resume- even after multiple RDP sessions and going to sleep states between them I have just tested another scenario after closing RDP put manually in sleep mode AFTER login in my account - that works normally So RDP put computer in a state improper to sleep which can be overwritten by logging in locally as a user have only admin if it count nbsp Can anybody tell me what to do or at least what RDP has to do with sleep after the connection was closed The MB is an ASSUS P K SE if is important Thank you

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/74046ce2-aa4d-4a95-91cb-4d3edb1086f8/sleep-s3-state-not-complete-if-sleep-was-initiated-immediattely-after-remote-desktop?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi All I have two systems a N SLI-DS and a GA-EP -DS L hooked up to a Trednet KVM switch If I put the GA-EP -DS L to sleep and switch to the N SLI-DS the GA-EP -DS L system wakes up The only way I have been able to keep it in KVM comp switch from wakes and sleep GA-EP35-DS3L sleep sleep is if I hold the switch for the N SLI-DS while pressing the sleep button and then switching to the N SLI-DS immediately the GA-EP -DS L won't turn on until I press the power button Now the N SLI-DS doesn't have the problem I went into the BIOS and disabled the keyboard and mouse wakeup but don't know what else to check Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to check next This is what happened to me for the past few years This week I just replaced my N SLI-DS with an ASUS P Z -V LK board The Asus also does NOT show the same issue that the GA-EP -DS L has Could this just be an issue with the power supply Thanks

A:GA-EP35-DS3L sleep and KVM switch wakes comp from sleep

npolite, it could be that you have "wake on lan" set on in your network card.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251309-ga-ep35-ds3l-sleep-kvm-switch-wakes-comp-sleep.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi,
I have a Dell Latitude 6430u running windows 7 64.
When I first got it I worked through many BSOD issues and it was running fine for many many months.
Now recently it started not sleeping, waking up by itself during sleep and waking up from sleep with an unexpected crash message.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Joe

A:BSOD - Won't sleep or crashes during sleep on Dell Latitude 6430u

Please enable Driver Verifier by following these instructions. A driver is most likely at fault that can't be identified.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327047-bsod-wont-sleep-crashes-during-sleep-dell-latitude-6430u.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello I sleep to identify the 8 go how - does device/app preventing Windows to sleep not have a quite new Windows Pro installation upgraded from Windows but as a clean install It is running on a Asus K E laptop bought almost a year ago but I ran into a problem with going to standby mode The laptop successfully dims the display and then turns it off at the set time but it never reaches the sleep Windows 8 does not go to sleep - how to identify the device/app preventing sleep mode I followed the steps from nbsp http support microsoft com kb nbsp but to no avail The command Powercfg - devicequery wake armed nbsp shows only keyboard and mouse but I don't suspect the mouse as it is Microsoft Wireless Mouse and I turn it off before trying to induce sleep I have made sure to turn off iTunes media sharing and Windows Media Player Network Sharing service The drivers are from Microsoft or the newest I could get from Asus The command Powercfg -energy nbsp showed some errors - mostly with USB devices hubs and with one of the system drivers System Availability Requests System Required Request The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep Driver Name FileSystem srvnet I rather suspect some incompatible driver but to press Asus support for some update I would need to know what to blame I reviewed system logs in Event Viewer but can't find any useful entries around the time when the computer should go to sleep but there are so many logs that I might have missed the right one So my question is if somebody could introduce me to a tool that would help to pinpoint the problem I see the subject is quite ubiquitous for Windows so I would be grateful to anyone who could suggest any options other than mentioned above Thanks in advance Chris

A:Windows 8 does not go to sleep - how to identify the device/app preventing sleep

Thanks, I disabled defrag and it was the problem, sleep now works fine, I now just manually defrag monthly. My system is windows 8 on an HP Compaq CQ58. Cheers Don.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a4a7cc99-a49a-42a8-b2af-aff748623c34/windows-8-does-not-go-to-sleep-how-to-identify-the-deviceapp-preventing-sleep?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 36.12%

Whether I choose any option other than to turn PC off, instead of tapping spacebar on my MS wireless keyboard I have to tap the button for power on the tower, then the monitor turns on as the fan runs, but always a black screen. So then I have to do a manual boot and select to start normally.

Started a week ago, around the same time as a graphics card failure. I installed a new PNY GeForce, updated ALL drivers on my Gateway DX4710-UB301A, (Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit, AVG antivirus free 2014) played with power management and startup config settings, trolled forums, performed malware scans, and still can't figure out the issue. 

Please help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520005/groggy-wake-up-from-sleep-hybrid-sleep-or-hibernate/
Relevancy 36.12%

For some reason, my 'sleep' has stopped working - either from the sleep button, or on the Start button option.
Now it just goes to the user login screen.
Has always worked perefctly until today.
Weird. Any ideas?

A:Sleep doesn't sleep anymore - just goes to login screen

imaken

You might want to try the same tutorial as last time Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/18803-sleep-doesnt-sleep-anymore-just-goes-login-screen.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Whenever I press the sleep button on my computer, or when I leave it idle and it goes to sleep by itself, I get a blue screen of death. I would really like to solve this issue and it would be great if someone was able to help me ...

Now, this computer came with an AMD video card, but I uninstalled those drivers and took out the video card and installed a GTX 570 from EVGA. The drivers are up to date, so I am pretty sure the new hardware is installed correctly. Furthermore, it was not doing this for the first few months of having the video card installed. This is very recent, so I don't understand what it could be...

I've attached an image of the BSOD so you all can see.

Thanks for any help you can give

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro A yrs old Intel core CPU GHz GB RAM sleep and Laptop resuming to from sleep Hanging going issue, with Vista Business SP Laptop sleep issue, Hanging going to and resuming from sleep bit and Laptop sleep issue, Hanging going to and resuming from sleep often when I put it to sleep it will hang or crash on resume forcing me to to do a hard shut down Sometimes the screen will just be totally black and hang and sometimes it will get to vista's quot resuming quot splash screen or even the login screen Laptop sleep issue, Hanging going to and resuming from sleep and then hang crash Often the disk activity LED will remain on indefinitely due to the hang even though I can't hear any disk activity As far as I'm aware all my drivers are up to date I'm just so fed up with loosing documents and personal settings now I've got to do something about it and from googling it seems this is a pretty widespread problem but I've not come across a solution that's worked for me - I've even installed the extra KB patch that was meant to fix it Also sometimes when I put it to sleep fully charged and not use it for a a few hours I find that the laptop has lost power during sleep because the battery has been run flat and the ventilation grille feels warm even though I know that the battery can normally last much much longer on sleep Is it possible that the computer resumed itself from sleep to hibernate after mins on battery as my power settings dictate and then crashed whilst resuming causing it to drain itself flat since it my laptop should have entered automatic hibernation on the critical battery warning unless it was unable to respond Is this a power setting problem I have hybrid hibernation turned off since I still lost my documents in the past with it on I tend to find that sleep goes wrong the most when I'm on the move and regularly changing power supplies from mains to battery I often unplug the laptop from the mains as it is entering sleep mode as I pack the laptop away or plug into mains during resume I had the laptop on mains without switching to battery all last week as I stayed at home and sleep was never failed once As soon as I was on the move and started switching supplies again this week sleep instantly failed twice in two days Also I've noticed it's unreliable when I remove or add a usb device i e usb mouse I've noticed that in Event Viewer that every time that resume hangs and I have to manually shut down and boot the laptop up again there's an unexpected shut down logged but prior to resuming and not at the time I manually forced the shut down --- hung on resume --- Put to sleep at PM Resumed at PM then hard shut down But unexpected shut down logged prior to this at PM EventData D C D C C B F --- battery ran flat after sleep ventilation grille still warm on resume --- Put to sleep at PM Resumed at PM then hard shut down But unexpected shut down logged prior to this at PM EventData D B D B C B CDA See attachment for more details Sorry for all the details but hopefully that'll help getting to the right solution faster Thanks very much

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-sleep-issue-hanging-going-to-and-resuming-from-sleep-350149.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I know there are a bunch of sleep problems out there but I couldn't fine one similar to this after doing a forum search. Running Windows 7 Ultimate. Sleep used to work ok but now when I choose sleep from the start menu, the screen blacks out but the computer doesn't actually go to sleep. The fans, activity lights, hdd lights are all still running. If I move the mouse the screen comes back. However, if I just wait for the sleep timer to kick in then the computer does go to sleep (all fans stop running and all lights go out). I'm not sure what caused this. I use my pc as an HTCP and now when I push the power button on the remote the pc does not go to sleep. Any suggestions would be great, thanks!

A:Won't Sleep From Start Menu but Sleep Timer Works

This tells you how to disable and enable sleep, see if it applies to you: How to Disable the Sleep Option in the Windows Shut Down Menu

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/222318-wont-sleep-start-menu-but-sleep-timer-works.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello Seveners I have been having trouble with a to Numerous / caused sleep. in while putting BSOD's. Normally sleep BSOD for a while now It is getting to that extent that I bare it any longer I need help Firstly these BSOD's have been happening randomly but normally the case is while it is in sleep or when I put it to sleep the screen will go black but the laptop will refuse to actually sleep It remains in this state of useless on-ness until either I pull the plug or it decides to BSOD I have Numerous BSOD's. Normally caused while in sleep / putting to sleep. a program called Soluto which sends the details of the BSOD to my email It said the error code was F and the likely cause was nt driver I ran verifier exe and restarted Upon restarting I was constantly greeted by a BSOD informing me that there was a problem with HIDCLASS SYS Upon restarting with last known good configuration I am here looking for help There are Numerous BSOD's. Normally caused while in sleep / putting to sleep. results for Numerous BSOD's. Normally caused while in sleep / putting to sleep. HIDCLASS SYS on my laptop all seeming to point to AMD I have attached my Minidumps from today two BSODes my system NFO and a picture taken of the BSOD when booting after running verifier exe They are zipped as one due to the fact that uploading of NFO files doesn't seem to be supported This is getting increasingly infuriating as I am constantly losing work System specs can be found on my profile and in the NFO I appreciate any help Many thanks Ben

A:Numerous BSOD's. Normally caused while in sleep / putting to sleep.

What USB devices have you got installed?

I believe we are looking at a USB device causing a bugcheck.
Do you have a gaming mouse or any mouse drivers installed?

HIDCLASS.SYS appears to be mainly caused by mouse drivers.

Because a lot of driver power state failures are caused by graphics drivers I recommend updating yours as it is very outdated.
Here's some instructions if you are unsure how to update it.

How-To Install AMD Catalyst? Drivers For A Windows? Based System

Code:
fffff880`048f4000 fffff880`05302000 atikmdag (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Thu Sep 15 19:07:36 2011 (4E723EE8)
CheckSum: 009C92B0
ImageSize: 00A0E000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Post back the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330250-numerous-bsods-normally-caused-while-sleep-putting-sleep.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey there Reason: Sleep API Idle/Random sleep, Application everyone Long-time lurker and technician here thanks for all the assistance in the past and future I've encountered a sleep-related problem on my tower desktop Some time after a long idle - hours my machine just goes to sleep I require this machine to be up so I've tried many things inevitably my computer just decides to take a nap I've even enabled wake-on-lan so I can wake it up remotely when I'm not nearby Attached are my system specs info service culprits non-microsoft and attempted fixes systeminfo txt is output from systeminfo AidaReport txt is a full summary of my machine SleepEvents txt contains the sleep event itself and the events that always seem to follow or precede it Running Non-Microsoft Idle/Random sleep, Sleep Reason: Application API Services Adobe Acrobat Flash Player update Services AMD External Events Utility Apple Mobile Device Bonjour Serivce Evolve Service Evolve Gaming Client FileZilla Server FTP server Fitbit Connect Service iPod Service Mozilla Maintenance Service OpenVPN Service Splashtop Remote Service Splashtop Software Updater Steam Client Service VMware Authorization Service VMware USB Arbitration Service VMware Workstation Server Things I've tried Disabled all sleep related settings including hybrid sleep and fast startup Power options are set to never sleep on all profiles power plans I've tried Caffeine F every seconds and Insomnia SetThreadExecutionState Originally my computer was going to sleep with the reason Sleep Button pressed and it looked like it was my keyboard Razer DeathStalker so I disabled the hardware sleep button then the reason changed to Application API with some delay between the problems All windows updates have been applied including the latest I apologize if there is a thread detailing a fix or an API recorder of some sort I have been unable to find either of those in my weeks of research Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide Thanks again

A:Idle/Random sleep, Sleep Reason: Application API

Bump, anyone experience anything like it?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44564-idle-random-sleep-sleep-reason-application-api.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have an issue with the sleep function The computer does not awake from sleep When I try to do it it behaves as if it was waking but it never ends and there is only a black screen the mouse and keyboard are inoperative The only thing possible to do is a hard reboot When it boots it shows a notice with a minute report in an No Sleep issue the From have sleep T ? BlockedI with Wake function. the zip file usually saying there was a blue screen but I NEVER see any blue screen at all I know the power configuration is OK No Wake From Sleep ? BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T because I have always No Wake From Sleep ? BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T used the same scheme A powercfg energy report shows several errors and warnings They refer to USB and PCI vendor ATI motherboard but I don t know how to repair them I downloaded the drivers downloader from Rrecipester org and downloaded and installed the drivers They are all Broadcom Corporation signed the brand of my USB Bluetoth attachment I rebooted after installing as recommended Run powercfg energy again and got the same report issues in the zip file I don t think the processor utilization warnings to be very important because they are low and sporadic picks It No Wake From Sleep ? BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T has been like this for some time now so I don t have a restore point Can someone help and tell me what I can do so solve this issue please Files uploaded in the attached zip Windows warning after reboot Windows dump and xml files each Powercfg -energy report I wanted to correct the thread title but was unable to do it Maybe someone else can do it

A:No Wake From Sleep BlockedI have an issue with the sleep function. T

Quite confident it's a driver issue, it will be very difficult to troubleshoot from the one included dump file though as it's incomplete and inconclusive.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
The current thread is making a bad pool request. Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same allocation, etc.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 000000000000109b, (reserved)
Arg3: 0000000004440006, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: fffffa8007c481b0, Address of the block of pool being deallocated

Debugging Details:
------------------

***** Debugger could not find nt in module list, module list might be corrupt, error 0x80070057.

Cannot get _POOL_TRACKER_BIG_PAGES type size
Cannot get _POOL_TRACKER_BIG_PAGES type size

POOL_ADDRESS: fffffa8007c481b0

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffffa80036544e0 to fffff800038c2d40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00b9c360 fffffa80`036544e0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`000007ff fffffa80`03619000 fffffa80`04498360 : 0xfffff800`038c2d40
fffff800`00b9c368 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`000007ff fffffa80`03619000 fffffa80`04498360 fffff800`038d0fff : 0xfffffa80`036544e0
STACK_COMMAND: kb

SYMBOL_NAME: ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: Unknown_Module

IMAGE_NAME: Unknown_Image

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

BUCKET_ID: CORRUPT_MODULELIST

Followup: MachineOwner

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219849-no-wake-sleep-blockedi-have-issue-sleep-function-t.html
Relevancy 36.12%

My wife Sleep / Vista Problems Hybrid / Sleep Hibernation s computer has been displaying an error ever since I enabled Hybrid Sleep amp Hibernation on her computer Dell Vista Hibernation / Hybrid Sleep / Sleep Problems Vostro Vista Business SP - Bit Intel T GB RAM I created a customized power setting for her that did the following when operating under batteries Shuts down monitor after minutes Shuts down HDD after minutes In advances the relevant I think settings are Sleep after - minutes Allow Hybrid Sleep - yes on battery Hybernate After - minutes on battery When she shuts off the computer by closing the lid the computer goes to sleep no problem If you turn it back on within hours no problem However if you turn it on after the Vista Hibernation / Hybrid Sleep / Sleep Problems minutes she gets a message that quot Windows has recovered from a serious start up error quot That being said we have not found any ill-effects after acknowledging the message I have also attached a screen shot a details from the event viewer that captured each time it has happened In the interim I have disabled Hybrid Sleep but left the hibernation on after minutes I set the computer Vista Hibernation / Hybrid Sleep / Sleep Problems to hibernate and it restarted with no error messages Any thoughts as to the cause of this Is the solution a simple OS bug and I should simply leave Hybrid Sleep off Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-hibernation-hybrid-sleep-sleep-problems.789274/
Relevancy 36.12%

When I leave my computer after a session, it automatically goes into sleep mode after a period of time and remains that way till I wake it up.

However when I manually put it to sleep ( via shutdown options) , it goes to sleep immediately but for only a while ( a few minutes) then it shows the desktop screen again. If I then leave it alone after it self awake , it goes back to sleep as described above.

Any idea why ?

Thanks

A:Auto sleep mode works but manual sleep does not

Hi,

Some softwares can stop the sleep request to work properly.

run cmd.exe as a admin (Click on start, type CMD, right click on CMD.exe and select run as admin)
then type the command
powercfg.exe /energy
This will generate a report that will show if any software is blocking the sleep request. Your next step would be to configure the software in control panel power options

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45199-auto-sleep-mode-works-but-manual-sleep-does-not.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello,

I would like to know how to create a task in task scheduler , that'll force the computer into sleep over a running program.

Basically, I have some software that runs in the background called 'WD anywhere backup' and when this software is running it prevents the computer from sleeping.
I need the software to run, I cant disable it, because it backs up my computer to an external hard drive.

But someone told me it might be possible to create a sleep task, but to override this program, or exclude it ?

Many thanks in advance,

Stuart

A:create sleep task, to force sleep over a program ?

I'm a little confused. If you put the computer to sleep, no programs will run, including the WD backup, unless it wakes the system up.

Do you expect the WD backup to run during sleep?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320138-create-sleep-task-force-sleep-over-program.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a W520 running Windows 7 Professional. Just recently, my laptop has been going into sleep mode after being idle for about 2-4 minutes (the time is not consistent). My power management is set to "high performance". Put the computer to sleep is set to "Never". The advanced power settings are:Sleep afterOn battery: NeverPlugged in: NeverAllow hybrid sleepOn battery: OffPlugged in: OffHibernate afterOn battery: NeverPlugged in: NeverAllow wake timersOn battery: DisablePlugged in: DisableDoes anybody have an idea of why my laptop goes into sleep mode after 2-4 minutes? Is this a software or hardware problem?

A:W520 entering sleep mode but sleep disabled in pow...

Hi KnightCa,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I'm really sorry to hear that your Lenovo W520 goes into sleep mode even after it has been disabled in Power management.

Go to Control panel - - >Power Options - - >Change plan settings (Choose the Power plan that you have selected) - - >Change advanced power settings - - >Adjust the settings under sleep and display as shown below.

Also, try doing a windows update and reinstallation of Power manager in your system.

If the above said didn?t help, try doing a registry editing.

1. Open the Start Menu. 2. In the white line (Start Search) area, type regedit and press Enter. 3. If prompted, click on Continue in the prompt. 4. In regedit, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0\DefaultPowerSchemeValues.

5. Expand DefaultPowerSchemeValues and Click on the key that is for the Power Plan that you want to change the wait time (Refer the table below)

Spoiler (Highlight to read)
6. In the right pane, right click on ACSettingIndex (while on AC power) or DCSettingIndex (while on battery power) and click on Modify.

7. Choose Decimal, and type in how many seconds you want Windows to wait to go back to sleep automatically after an unattended wakeup.

Spoiler (Highlight to read)
8. Close regedit. 9. Restart the computer to apply.

Hope this helps and do post back with the results. Expecting to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W520-entering-sleep-mode-but-sleep-disabled-in-power-mgmt/td-p/1267351
Relevancy 36.12%

Somehow it has a my custom plan1.
I want to delete my custom plan 1 because it does not work.
I change settings to 1 minute, it does not sleep.

IF I click start then sleep, yes it will sleep.

It used to sleep, I made some changes somehow custom plan 1 got invoked and now it does not do what I have it set to do.

adding, following this I was able to delete that plan
seeing if balanced will sleep.
Custom Power Plan - Create or Delete

A:Computer will not goto sleep on timer, will sleep when manually done

well, that darned PC still wont sleep

trying the disable wake timers setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/324443-computer-will-not-goto-sleep-timer-will-sleep-when-manually-done.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I currently run win ultimate bit gig ram intel i - k cpu and my Slow for if long time sleep sleep from resume OS runs on an OCZ SSD all specs are in my profile Sleep mode is set to S in BIOS I have hibernation disabled so no hibernation sys file on my c drive When I put my computer to sleep then immediately wake it up the login screen shows instantly I type in Slow resume from sleep if sleep for long time my pass and it loads in like seconds When I put my computer to sleep but wait for around - hrs before waking it it shows the login screen instantly but after i hit login it gives me the Welcome spinning circle thingy for like seconds before I can see my desktop That's like longer than my entire boot-up time excluding POST Event viewer doesnt show any performance delay and I dont think my OS drive OCZ vertex has a cache so I have it disabled I'm sure all my mobo drivers and graphic drivers are up to date Suggestions on why this might be so Any idea would be much appreciated

A:Slow resume from sleep if sleep for long time

My laptop has this issue. I've just accepted the fact that it just does it and simply wait the time it takes or shut it down instead of putting it into sleep mode.

A more logical answer and an explanation would be nice though

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/158559-slow-resume-sleep-if-sleep-long-time.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Windows Home Premium SP Build Mobo Gigabyte M MT-S P AMD Phenom II X T Processor Mhz Cores I guess it is best to just explain the experience going it's of only sleep. Computer coming likely out as when reboots into sleep, I Computer reboots when coming out of sleep, likely only as it's going into sleep. am having In January Computer reboots when coming out of sleep, likely only as it's going into sleep. I purchased my first SSD drive promptly installed Windows on it to use as my boot drive I was very pleased with how quickly the system would come out of sleep so I've become accustomed to letting my computer go to sleep when previously I had disabled this feature On the th I got a new tower and transferred everything into there On the th I ran into a little anomaly with the Computer reboots when coming out of sleep, likely only as it's going into sleep. sleep function where I went to wake the system and the mouse light went from on to off and the system booted up to the POST screen From the POST screen I noticed that the SSD was missing from the detected devices so of course the system failed to boot I hit the reset button and the same thing happened I held down the power button to turn the PC off then immediately turned it back on and it was back to being detected I guess that since it was missing during that first boot the BIOS automatically set another drive as the boot drive since I had to go into the BIOS settings and correct the boot order Once this issue was fixed I get to the Windows boot screen and it freezes Reset again get past POST then Windows asks me if I want to resume my previous session or delete the resume and do a fresh boot Resume freezes new boot works fine So I'm back into Windows everything seems fine Some time later I changed my power settings so that the computer went to sleep after minutes instead of an hour Since this change the crashes from sleep happen more frequently Though I am not sure on this I think it is because I am more likely to come back to my computer after minutes than I am after an hour and I think the crashes are happening because I've tried to wake the system as it's trying to go to sleep Step out for a break come back in minutes and crash Go out for two hours come back and it wakes fine I think every now and then I by chance catch the system just as it is trying to sleep and there is some problem here that causes it to not handle this well but I don't know how to fix it All in all I believe this has happened maybe - times in the past days I've checked Event Viewer not a lot of info but this is what it says Log Name System Source EventLog Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer CHASE-DESKTOP Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Event Xml lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt lt System gt lt Provider Name EventLog gt lt EventID Qualifiers gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt CHASE-DESKTOP lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt PM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt DE C F B DE C B C C lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt And Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer CHASE-DESKTOP Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt lt System gt lt Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version... Read more

A:Computer reboots when coming out of sleep, likely only as it's going into sleep.

SSD and sleep sometimes doesn't mix to well. There might be a fix from the vendor. A good read here on your same issue to give you an idea why. http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2011/06/ask-ars-do-solid-state-drives-cause-problems-with-sleep-mode/

SSD's boot so fast in my opinion it's kind of pointless to have sleep or hibernation. I would be sure to turn off all that garbage...sleep, hibernation, defrag, HD indexing, HD paging, Windows Search service etc. Hibernation alone uses like 10g's of hd space. Windows places a hidden file called hiberfil.sys on C: To turn it off go to cmd.exe run as admin and type powercfg -h off. Hiberfil.sys will vanish from the drive and you will regain hd space. HD paging, again take control of that and turn it off completely or limit it's useage to like 400-2048 depending on how much memory the system has. Hope that helps you out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529218/computer-reboots-when-coming-out-of-sleep-likely-only-as-its-going-into-sleep/
Relevancy 35.26%

Recently, I noticed that my battery have been draining quite fast while in sleep mode. I investigated the issue by turning off bluetooth, background apps, etc before sleep. There is no difference. I still loses like 20% of my battery in 8 hours. So, I typed powercfg /a in cmd to see if anything pops up, and i noticed that the only supported standby state is S0. It states, supported S0, hibernate, and fast startup. S1,S2,S3 are all not supported. Then, I read up some info on sleep states, and it appears that the s0 sleep state isn't actually sleeping, it is just the idle state. How do I change my sleep state and/or ultimately get rid of this massive battery drain when sleeping? I can't just hibernate because I have a SSD and it will use up sleep cycles. Thank you very much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Sleep-modes-Battery-Drain-in-Sleep/td-p/5708989
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a notebook connected to a monitor with external mouse/keyboard.

When I put the notebook to sleep via the Start menu or the keyboard, it is able to wake out of it by moving the mouse around or pressing a key.
However, when I create a shortcut to it for Windows Task Scheduler to enter Sleep at a certain time, it won't wake out of it unless I press the Power button on the notebook itself.

Why is this? Of course I have wake by USB or whatever enabled in the BIOS otherwise it wouldn't wake out of it in the first instance.
Here's what my shortcut targets "C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState"

So basically, I want a shortcut that puts my notebook into a lighter state of sleep that is able to be awoken by moving the mouse or pressing a key.

A:Sleep problem; Goes into deeper sleep w/shortcut

Hello KJ, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Disabling hibernation using METHOD ONE in the tutorial below should allow the sleep shortcut to work as sleep instead.

Hibernate - Enable or Disable

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/23773-sleep-problem-goes-into-deeper-sleep-w-shortcut.html
Relevancy 35.26%

My computer appears to sleep or at least put the monitor into sleep mode. Also, I have my keyboard/mouse plugged into an unpowered hub and they sometimes lose connection and I have to replug them. I had an issue with libusb and 64-bit so I removed it. It's a custom build with:OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64Motherboard: MS-7599CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 955Memory: Don't remember (6gb triple channel kit DDR3 from newegg in december)Graphics: MSI Radeon 3450I've tried managing every power setting possible to no avail.Here is a snapshot of my event viewer:http://pastie.org/952145Any help would be great!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/315647/computer-appears-to-sleep-sleep-turned-off/
Relevancy 35.26%

I like to put my computer on sleep so I can just come back to where I left it but the past few days when I put it on sleep the screen would just go black like it was asleep but the computer was still on and running like I didn't put it in sleep Then when In Sleep Mode When Sleep Computer Doesn't I move the mouse to come out of sleep it says quot locking computer quot and goes to my password screen which is what it should do before going to sleep I don't think its in the power settings because I've checked there and played around with the settings I'm not technically challenged so I don't think it's something that simple lol Also my touchpad scroll feature does not work and has not Computer Doesn't Sleep When In Sleep Mode worked for quite some time It comes back when I turn the computer off and on again but I only do that a Computer Doesn't Sleep When In Sleep Mode few times a week I've tried reinstalling the touchpad firmware so that isn't the problem I have a Toshiba Satellite A

A:Computer Doesn't Sleep When In Sleep Mode

Back when I had that problem with my Toshibia Satellite, I had to turn off the Awake on LAN in the bios, because when the network is present it will want to wake up.. Just something to try, im sure other people will have other ideas, and hope one of them will do the trick :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-doesnt-sleep-when-in-sleep-mode-380895.html
Relevancy 35.26%

About weeks ago i started having sleep issues It used to work perfect for over a year I other sleep sleep, screen Blank issues after and figured something went wrong and couldnt get sleep to work consistently Thought a reinstall might fix it Now on the new install about a week I am still having issues Sometimes the computer will wake in the middle of the night around am and other random times Also sometimes the Blank screen after sleep, and other sleep issues computer powers up when coming out of sleep but monitor doesnt come on I Blank screen after sleep, and other sleep issues installed the updated drivers for mobo video card And disabled the network from being able to wake the computer something I actually want on I also tested with stock speeds on mobo cpu Same issues have also tried stock with increased voltages No luck What should i do its driving me crazy I remember seeing a way to see a log of what caused computer to come out of sleep Since I just reminded myself I will go and check all connections inside computer

A:Blank screen after sleep, and other sleep issues

hi!
try this link it should help to explain

Sleep and hibernation: frequently asked questions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/86516-blank-screen-after-sleep-other-sleep-issues.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi,
So pretty much what the title says.
I have it set to sleep after 30mins which it doesnt, and yet if i go to the start menu and choose sleep myself it will.
Any ideas why?

A:Windows Wont sleep unless i automatically put it in sleep

Hi Mitch.

You mean Manually put it to sleep.

This is my suggestion, go to Power Options, on your preferred power option, put it all to Never.
Then click Change Advance power options, browse the sleep option, Make sure to put the "Sleep After: to Never.

I have attached a picture for you to refer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/358987-windows-wont-sleep-unless-i-automatically-put-sleep.html
Relevancy 33.97%

My PC will not go to sleep on it's own I've set the Timer 64 Sleep Sleep Win7 to Put PC Won't timer to minute to test various changes in Win7 64 Sleep Timer Won't Put PC to Sleep configuration but I've yet to succesfully identify the problem I ran powercfg -requests and get Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt powercfg -requests DISPLAY None SYSTEM DRIVER IDT High Definition Audio CODEC HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN D amp DEV B amp SUBS YS C B amp REV amp d amp amp An audio stream is currently in use AWAYMODE None C Windows system gt I've since tried updating the audio driver rebooted and made sure there Win7 64 Sleep Timer Won't Put PC to Sleep were no audio programs started or playing including browser pages I've disabled numerous startup applications that could potentially be using an audio stream but have yet to find the culprit energy-report html shows these errors and warnings Win7 64 Sleep Timer Won't Put PC to Sleep Code System Availability Requests System Required Request The device or driver has made a request to prevent the system from automatically entering sleep Requesting Driver Instance HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN D amp DEV B amp SUBSYS C B amp REV amp d amp amp Requesting Driver Device IDT High Definition Audio CODEC USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Composite Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV A Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID AC amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Composite Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV A Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID C amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name Validity Sensor Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID A amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Composite Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV A Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID D C amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name Generic USB Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV A Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID A amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV A Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID A Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name Generic USB H... Read more

A:Win7 64 Sleep Timer Won't Put PC to Sleep

I've narrowed it down to the Snagit screen capture software that starts up on boot. If I exit the program it goes to sleep just fine. Interestingly, if I exit the program and restart it the computer also goes to sleep just fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/343601-win7-64-sleep-timer-wont-put-pc-sleep.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I would like to put my wireless mouse in inactive mode during sleep mode. As it is an mouse movement, usually accidental, wakes up the computer. I looked for a way but couldn't find this facility.

Jack

A:Sleep mouse during sleep mode?

Hello Jack,

You might check using STEP SIX in the tutorial below as a guide to see if you have a "Power Management" tab to uncheck the "Allow to wake computer" option in it for you mouse in Device Manager.

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

If not, then you can use the STEP FIVE section to manually disable the mouse from waking up your computer.

Just be sure that you at least have the keyboard allowed to wake up the computer, or you will have to press the case power button to wake up your computer instead.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255925-sleep-mouse-during-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 33.97%

The problem is that when I close the lid on my laptop, the screen goes black, and that's it. The fan is still running, all the lights are on. The thing is, when I turn off wifi, the laptop sleeps fine, with the power light turning orange and pulsating, and the fan off.

Earlier I found a page with the so called fix for this which was to change the advanced power option "Prevent idling to sleep" in "When sharing files" to "Allow computer to sleep." This fixed my problem, but it came back after a while, probably due to going off and on wifi, and plugging and unplugging.

I need to get the laptop to sleep properly even when on wifi and sharing media.

A:Laptop sleep doesn't actually sleep, fan still on.

Make sure that your settings, when closing the lid, are set to Hibernate. This will be a true sleep mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-sleep-doesnt-actually-sleep-fan-still-on-622524.html
Relevancy 32.68%

My PC is fairly new and I'm having problems with slow shutdowns restarts and slow sleep wakes Recently it seems to fail waking altogether and restarts after a while instead Usually during waking I just have a black screen for a long time before the reset restart but sometimes I see the Windows log-in screen but it's unresponsive The problem predates my CPU undervolting and doesn't seem to change when I switch RAM settings back to Auto instead of XMP I my RAM necessitates some kind of overclock in order to function at its rated speed Can anyone advise how to proceed Thanks System specification below This forum has a fantastic design that eliminates slow to sleep & wake shutdown/restart from & sleep/wake to fails PC the form of pasted lists of information That's just great for preventing people from reading it I was worried someone might have read PC slow to shutdown/restart & sleep/wake from sleep & fails to wake this information OS Win Pro -bitMainboard ASUS Z Pro GamingCPU Intel i th gen Stock HSF Undervolt Offset - V LLC RAM Corsair LPX Vengeance x GB DDR - CMK GX M B C Graphics Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX Sys Drive Samsung PC slow to shutdown/restart & sleep/wake from sleep & fails to wake Evo SSD PC slow to shutdown/restart & sleep/wake from sleep & fails to wake GBData Drives OCZ Vertex SSD GB WDC WD FAEX- Y A TB WDC WD FZEX- Z SA TB WDC WD FAEX- MJRA TB RAID GB Maxtor B MO x PSU XFX TS W P - S-NLB Bluetooth Parani UD Bluetooth USB AdapterMonitor LG quot W S-BF Wide LCD Monitor x msLogitech G mouse K keyboard UEFI BIOS divergence from optimised default settingsAI Overclock Tuner Auto - gt XMP DRAM Frequency Auto - gt DDR - MHz Min CPU Cache Ratio Auto - gt Max CPU Cache Ratio Auto - gt CPU Core Cache Voltage Auto - gt Offset Mode DRAM Voltage Auto - gt DRAM CAS Latency Auto - gt DRAM RAS to CAS Delay Auto - gt DRAM RAS ACT Time Auto - gt CPU Load-line Calibration Auto - gt Level SATA Mode Selection AHCI - gt RAID Model Name LED Lighting Breathing Mode - gt Disabled SupremeFX LED Lighting Breathing Mode - gt Disabled CPU Q-Fan Control Auto - gt PWM Mode

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68830-pc-slow-shutdown-restart-sleep-wake-sleep-fails-wake.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Issue at large Win - won't go into sleep mode Recent issue in last week Also seems to be automatically resetting from Balanced power mode to High Performance Below is the energy-report html results if they're helpful Code Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report Computer Name HOME-PC Scan Time - Mode sleep, won't errors system errors energy-report 12 - Sleep in - T Z Scan Duration seconds System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Product Name System Product Name BIOS Date BIOS Version OS Build Platform Role PlatformRoleDesktop Sleep Mode errors - system won't sleep, 12 errors in energy-report Plugged In true Process Count Thread Count Report GUID cdba - a- -b a-d b e d Analysis Results Errors Power Policy Power Plan Personality is High Performance Plugged In The current power plan personality is High Performance when the system is plugged in Power Policy Minimum processor performance state is Plugged In The processor is not configured to automatically reduce power consumption based on activity Power Policy PCI Express ASPM is disabled Plugged In The current power policy for PCI Express Active State Power Management ASPM is configured to Off USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Composite Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID D amp PID C Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Root Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Mass Storage Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name Generic USB Hub Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID D amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Mass Storage Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID BDA amp PID Port Path USB Suspend USB Device not Entering Suspend The USB device did not enter the Suspend state Processor power management may be prevented if a USB device does not enter the Suspend state when not in use Device Name USB Mass Storage Device Host Controller ID PCI VEN amp DEV Host Controller Location PCI bus device function Device ID USB VID D amp PID Port Path CPU Utilization Processor... Read more

A:Sleep Mode errors - system won't sleep, 12 errors in energy-report

Check windows update to see if there are any new drivers for power management or check your motherboards manufacturer's website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/202042-sleep-mode-errors-system-wont-sleep-12-errors-energy-report.html
Relevancy 32.25%

hai.. help needed.... i am having the exact problem as op.. when i press sleep button, screen goes black (as usual).. but fan, and other keyboard lights are still on... it just freezes... i have to force shutdown to again use my laptop...

i am attaching the msinfo32.nfo, driverview.txt...

and one more thing... i dont have problem of bsod... thanks..

A:Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

Original Thread

Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368428-laptop-freezes-between-entering-sleep-mode-being-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,
I've had this problem intermittently on my laptop for the past 2 years however it has been occuring more often recently.

Basically sometimes when I click the sleep button on Windows 7, the screen fades to black as usual. However the fan keeps running (sounds like when it's on full load) and the power button light stays on endlessly. I always have to force shut it down and restart it.

What can be the issue?
Thanks.

A:Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

Hi joseph10444.

Such a situation may occur when some driver (mostly the PnP device drivers depending on the ACPI configuration) fail to response within a stipulated time period during the power state change.

Let us see some data. Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
Upload the list of all the third party drivers Using NirSoft DriverView :
Download and execute Driverview
View > Hide Microsoft Drivers
Edit > Select all
File > Save Selected Items
In the Save dialog, Set the path to desktop, Put "Driverview" in the name field, and save.
Zip the .txt file and upload it.
Those files will give us a closer look to the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335394-laptop-freezes-between-entering-sleep-mode-being-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Man I sleep!! and issues more Sleep cannot figure this out I have a Dell Studio XPS Ati hd Sleep issues and more sleep!! radeon with a rpm HD and ghz ddr ram I additionally run an hdmi Sleep issues and more sleep!! out to an external monitor and have a logitech usb laser quot cordless desktop quot I have gone through everything I Sleep issues and more sleep!! can find in these forums Incl the power check magnifyer presentation nice job btw to the Vista every possable setup I can think of link re advanced power management and what not My laptop used to sleep but would always wake up I changed nothing Had the botchted install rolled back to a restore of Catalyst and all is great in bit RC Save this BLOODY sleep hibernate anything issue It's driving me nuts I have unplugged everything and it still wil not go into sleep mode It is a clean install Everything else woks perfectly I have never had this issue of no sleep all since the beta was released not any of the subdequant builds Totally out of ideas Please help me out here BTW-I checked for the legacy drivers re my keyboard and mouse in Bios and they are not listed there I have a Phoenix bios The latest release from Dell Logitech had no answers for me Maybe the restore is causeing this If so I am trapped as the simply installs but does nothing I thank you for ANY help you can throw my way FTR-I Love Win J

A:Sleep issues and more sleep!!

Check your bios. I had a sleep problem (couldn't wake up) and solved it by switching power management in bios from Auto to S3.

You could also try S1 (though this doesn't save much power. but is better than nothing).

I assume you've also tried fiddling with the Advanced settings in Power Management in Control Panel. Apparently you can also get third party power management apps, but I have no knowledge of these.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11306-sleep-issues-more-sleep.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I m running Windows x I know that this issue is floating around all over the internet and I ve seen many many threads on this still nothing is working for me I just upgraded an older Socket AGP video ASUS mainboard to a nice little SATA PCI-e ASUS and I just configured WMC to record programs on it A test no out but sleep comes of that after WMC records, sleep, record went fine but I cannot get my PC to go back to sleep after it records I m using a Hauppage TV tuner card and I don t know if the infrared part of it it puts out might be keeping it awake or not I ve also made sure the keyboard and mouse are not keeping it awake Also after seeing many suggestions I have played around with my W power settings and nothing really has worked Also it s daunting challenge to check everything that might be keeping it awake There s just so many things it could be One thing I did try was to switch my power button to make the PC sleep before a recording session That s the way I had it on my old system which worked fine I would get up in the morning after a night WMC comes out of sleep, records, but no sleep after that session of recording shows the PC would be in standby at this time then I would just hit the power button and the desktop would resume I guess all of this depends on the board too and maybe this board is just different in it s setup even in the BIOS which is set to S only So one thing I might try is to go into power settings and put like minutes before it sleeps so that it will shut off once the recording session starts But when you do that does the PC have to be inactive to work that way In other words if you set it to sleep in one minute if your watching a video it s not going to shutdown after minute is it and cut off the video It s going to wait until there is no use activity then shut down right I m about at my wits end with this and might even try the Beyond TV software which I have heard is really good Maybe it does not have the problems that WMC seems to bring out Open for suggestions nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmc-comes-out-of-sleep-records-but-no-sleep-after-that.1093510/
Relevancy 31.39%

My OS version is 10586.494.
All happens about 1 or 2 days ago, I asked my PC to go to sleep by using Windows -> Power -> Sleep. Right after it went to sleep it woke up immediately, and it never goes to sleep again.
My Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep has turn of monitor after 10 minutes, goes to sleep after 30 minutes if plugged in.
Any suggestion?

A:My PC wakes up from sleep right away after it goes to sleep

Originally Posted by hardywang My OS version is 10586.494.
All happens about 1 or 2 days ago, I asked my PC to go to sleep by using Windows -> Power -> Sleep. Right after it went to sleep it woke up immediately, and it never goes to sleep again.
My Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep has turn of monitor after 10 minutes, goes to sleep after 30 minutes if plugged in.
Any suggestion? Here are a few fixes for the same issue,there should be some process that is waking up your computer from background. do let us know the end result :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434668-my-pc-wakes-up-sleep-right-away-after-goes-sleep.html
Relevancy 31.39%

Somewhere after SP came out continually are XP sleep hibernate to sleep, off but SP3 goes and updated my XP SP machine started going to sleep and giving black picture monitor lite is ON but flashing as if graphics are only flashing up once every seconds even though sleep and hibernate are both turned off Generally a power-down reboot is needed to get it back up Sometimes I can get it back by pressing the power button for seconds after which the screen will be black for minutes and then ALT-CTL-DEL and ALT-U and down arrow clicks and vigorous mouse thrashing may bring the screen back up and often a windows message appears saying that the keyboard driver has kept the machine from going to sleep sleep turned off remember and I ve wiped out and reloaded the standard keyboard driver During bootup time the screen is usually XP SP3 goes to sleep, but sleep and hibernate are off black although sometimes the bios messages will appear not always I ve been fighting this for many weeks now Sure looks like the graphics are somehow going to sleep - I ve tested this with a replacement graphics card and drivers that card shows the same problem Ideas Thx http static techguy org smilies confused gif nbsp

Relevancy 28.81%

My system was never able to resume from sleep Tried several things BIOS settings settings for power management etc Thought it could be related to recovery software or other installed drivers etc But now I replaced my harddisk with a SSD did a fresh install of W Ultimate Removed all possible hardware tv card usb devices except keyboard mouse at or from from sleep resuming not while resuming BSOD all sleep, Tried fail save options in BIOS and optimized settings as well but no luck Got most windows updates in place installed all the latest drivers from the motherboard and graphics card latest bios drivers and still getting BSOD Who can help me solving this so I can save lots of energy Followed the manual to attach zip file with minidumps etc Please let me know when additional info is required Details about what happens When I put my BSOD while resuming from sleep, or not resuming from sleep at all system into sleep it goes well When I try to wake my system often nothing happens and I BSOD while resuming from sleep, or not resuming from sleep at all have to shut it down holding start button or I get back my desktop but within a few seconds I get a BSOD If I have seen it well I posted several minidumps so I hope it is not too difficult to find the ones related to the resume from BSOD while resuming from sleep, or not resuming from sleep at all sleep Kind regards Michel

A:BSOD while resuming from sleep, or not resuming from sleep at all

Welcome aboard

Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256028-bsod-while-resuming-sleep-not-resuming-sleep-all.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Whenever I try to put my PC into sleep, it will turn right back on again. I was paranoid that the mouse was causing this and disabled it's ability to wake the computer up whenever it's sleeping, but it still just wakes up right after going to sleep.
How do I solve this?

A:PC Won't Sleep

Hello Craig,

You might see if running the lastwake command right after it wakes up like that to see if it may be able help ID what may be waking the computer.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/174078-pc-wont-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi...hope you can help.

It seems that my laptop wants to sleep after about 90 seconds. Iv completely switched sleep mode off on battery settings but it still happens. It still occurs even though i swapped from Vista to Windows 7 today.

PLEASE HELP!

A:Sleep Help

does it do it only when you are on battery power?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sleep-help-458607.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I'm sure it was Sleep Won't working before but I have two installs and I've recently switched to my cleaner one as I was having other problems on the other one so perhaps it wasn't ever working on Won't Sleep this install It's not going to sleep automatically and when I try and send it to sleep manually it just turns the display off which comes back on as soon as I move my mouse I checked there's no devices set to wake it except the NIC which is set to only wake on Magic Packet tried disabling quot Allow the computer to turn off this device quot for all the USB Hubs Won't Sleep in Device Manager even disconnected the USB hub with my mouse and keyboard connected obviously I couldn't then initiate a manual sleep but it still didn't auto-sleep I've disabled the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service so under Network and Sharing Won't Sleep Center - Advanced sharing Settings - Home or Work it says quot Media Streaming is off quot Powercfg requests shows nothing keeping it awake so I'm rather stumped

A:Won't Sleep

Ah, I seem to have fixed this. I had to disable Hibernation with Powercfg -h off and then it worked. Turning it back on again and it stops working again.

Before this I tried disabling some more devices in Device Manager, Disabling "allow this device to wake the computer" for both the mouse and keyboard and Disabling Wake Timers. The only issue now is that when I wake the computer, my mouse and keyboard don't work until I toggle my KVM to my other PC and back to this one, which I never used to have to do but I can live with that.

Be interested if anyone knows why I have to disable hibernation for sleep to work though. Hybrid mode was on which I understand causes it to create a hibernate file in case of a power cut but it normally works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220783-wont-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a dell inspiron 1525 with vista home premium, I enstalled office2000 when I bought the machine (Oct 2008,) all went well until june of this year, when using key pad the computer will go into sleep mode! wait a minute press start-unlock- & we are backto the place I left. I do not seem to loose any writen work. In contact with dell many tests & in the end we took machine back to factory condition, then reinstated programs, this was fine but re-installing Office 2000 and condition started again. Please help, as I really do need word, excel, & possibly publisher. Now waiting for dell to get back to put back to factory state & install all bits which came with computer.

A:going into sleep

See if this helps:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-hybrid-sleep-mode/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/going-into-sleep.896093/
Relevancy 25.37%

My PC with Win 7 has Shut Down, Hibernate, Switch User, Restart, Lock and Sleep from the Start button and all work except the Sleep option.

It switches off the monitor but leaves the PC running. Is there any way to get this option working?

In Power Options there are only settings for 'Sleep after so many minutes', nothing about Sleep until hitting the power button. Am I missing something?

A:Why won't my PC go to Sleep?

Hello
I need a bit more info,

In Power Options (in control panel) you should have items on the left that control "Choose what the power button does", "Choose what closing the lid does." etc. etc.

So what are you trying to do?  Have a hardware button that makes it Sleep, or a software button? 

If your computer is not sleeping at all, here is some info on solving it and the MS KB article for more info
Sleep Mode Not Working
(via HappyAndyK at thewindowsclub.com)

Good luck
cz

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588505/why-wont-my-pc-go-to-sleep/
Relevancy 25.37%

My PC had no troubble with "sleep" or "wake up" until I connected my new Intel SSD X-25M. No it goes to sleep, but when waking again it shows the desktop, I can move the mousepointer, but that's it. Can't click on anything, nor rightclick on desktop. CTRL+ALT+DEL don't work either.
After about 30 seconds the mousepointer turns to the round circle (busy), but no changes besides that.

Is there something I can do about this, or is SSD = "no sleep mode"?
TIA

A:Sleep and SSD - no go

Tried installing Intel SSD drivers?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/12035-sleep-ssd-no-go.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Seems like I only have the "Sleep" function on My Win7 Home Premium. Some people are talking about the hibernate. I have been using Sleep and it seems to be OK. Is this the best for over night or longer ??

A:To sleep or not to sleep ???

Sleep doesn't write anything to the HD, and uses a little power to keep everything in RAM for quick resume.
Hibernate writes everything to the HD and then shuts down, using no power. It takes longer to resume.
To enable hibernate, open a command prompt and type "powercfg -h on"
Hybrid sleep is a cross between sleep and hibernate. It writes everything to the HD but keeps it in RAM, for quick resume, but safer than sleep in case of power loss.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/45129-sleep-not-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi

New to this forum after lurking awhile. Very informative

I have 2 different manufacturers notebooks and 2 different manufacturers towers all with win7 Ult. If you walk away from them and just leave it at the desktop and come back later, they are frozen. Is this a common bug?

A:Win 7 Ult sleep

Hi Paezon and welcome to the forum.
Can you give us a description of how you have your power options setup? I think the default power save options tell the hard drive to spin down and the system to go into a hibernate/sleep mode. I usually set my power options not to turn my hard drive off and not to sleep/hibernate.
Raj

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/46361-win-7-ult-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Whenever I switch on within a few minutes the monitor screen will go black a message box will appear saying "going to sleep" and the system shuts down
After re start either by restart button or sometimes it is necessary to swith off altogether an reboot, the system will generally work Ok although on occasions this going to sleep has reoccured several times
Can anyone please tell me what is causing this irritating malfunction and help me to fix it
Thanks
Arni

A:going to sleep

Hi and welcome.

Try the suggestion here in the last post:

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service...47626+1225916364254+28353475&threadId=1281704

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/going-to-sleep.766289/
Relevancy 25.37%

My computer starts to load and a siren comes on. The siren goes off and the computer loads and immediately goes to sleep. This happens everytime I try to start up my pc. Could this be a bad power supply?

Does anyone have any ideas that will help me? Please.

Relevancy 25.37%

when i go to turn off my computer it will say stand by, turn off, and restart. my microsoft keyboard has sleep on it and when i push it it does the same thing that stand by does. what is stand by(sleep)? i have been told all it does is spin down the harddrive and leave power for the ram but wanted to know from you guys.

A:sleep????

Because no one really knows. Read more Here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sleep-40163.html
Relevancy 25.37%
Q: Sleep?

When my laptop goes to sleep I have to press power button to wake it, can it be changed to touching mouse?

If yes how?

Thanks.

A:Sleep?

If it's not in advanced power settings of your power scheme, you will have to see if the BIOS has a setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/370227-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I have an HP Mini 110, with windows 7 Ultimate. I have had this computer with very little problems suprisingly. Recently, however, it wont go to sleep. Even if I leave it in standalone, close the lid, or put it to sleep myself. The power button typically flashes when its asleep and the wifi button goes from blue to orange to off and this obviously doesn't occur.
I have done virtually everything i can in the power settings any advice?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-go-to-sleep.943733/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi guys, I'd appreciate some help with this!

After my HP EliteBook Folio 9480m wakes from sleep, it can't resolve an IP unless I unplug and plug in the ethernet cable or reset the adapter.

Running the diagnostic built into windows resets the ethernet adapter (fixing the issue) and says it didn't have a valid IP configuration. This is very annoying as it goes to sleep often.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

A:No IP after sleep

Fixed! Disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" in the ethernet adapter driver Power Management tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/373221-no-ip-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I have been using sleep mode in my Win7 Pro 64 for several years. Now, it won't go to sleep. It just runs and runs. The monitor goes off, but the machine itself keeps running. I have cleaned and sanitized and updated and everything I can think of, but it will no longer go into the sleep mode. Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/400448-cant-get-sleep-any-more.html
Relevancy 25.37%

My machine, according to the control panel, is set to turn off the display in 10 minutes and go to sleep in 15.
It used to do that and stopped, apparently when I got the speech recognition to work.
No I can tell it to sleep and it will, but will not do it automatically even when the speech recognition is turned off completely.
What is the connection?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/go-to-sleep-not-1167081.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Have an A4 Optical mouse works great most of the time, but more often than I'd prefer, seems to go to sleep. Have it on a USB hub when i'm in my office and other USB interfaces work off the same hub, yet the mouse device seems to go to sleep. When on the road, I don't use a hub, yet get same result. Ironically, it will go for weeks ata time trouble free, then mysteriously clears up.

Any ideas?

A:USB goes to sleep

Have you tried to reload the mouse software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-goes-to-sleep.348313/
Relevancy 25.37%

Like title PC doesn't sleep. It goes into sleep mode and immediately wakes itself up without me provoking it.
Its been very annoying lately as I've been trying to find the cause and a fix.
PC is custom built running WIN 7 x64, with a water cooler. I've disabled the option to allow any USB devices to wake computer, as well as Mice, Keyboard, and Internet via Device manager.

I've narrowed down the cause to be the Water cooler, its powered through a USB that connects to the back of the PC. once i disconnect it the computer finally sleeps and stays asleep
how can i fix this and allow the pc to fall alseep? +1,000 Internetz points to anyone that can help me

A:PC does not SLEEP, what can i do?

Try these tutorials, may or may not help with your issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/122012-lastwake-command.html
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63567-power-options-sleep-mode-problems.html

Hope this helps,
John

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/324300-pc-does-not-sleep-what-can-i-do.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi

I've setup my power plan, turn off display is set to 5 mins and computer to sleep is set to 10 mins. After 5 mins my motitor turns off but my pc doesn't go to sleep. I've tried various different settings but still no change. Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-wont-go-to-sleep-400716.html
Relevancy 25.37%
Q: Sleep

Windows 7 won't sleep.

A:Sleep

Information needed: brand and exact model of computer, how long this has been happening, what have you done, if anything to correct this, security programs installed, have you used any registry cleaner, have you use any all-in-one fix programs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep.1151052/
Relevancy 25.37%

After a reset I have only shut down and restart when I try to put it to sleep.
Is there a setting to fix this?

A:no sleep

Advanced power settings under the power button?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/66595-no-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%

My computer is set to sleep after 30mins of not in use, however latley it has not being doing that. I have no idea why it doesnt.

The only new program that been added to my PC is Office 2010. I had office 2010 before but i enabled outlook. So im thinking its got something to do with outlook, but i dont know. I can find any options in setting.

Do you have any ideas?

Edit: By the way i leave the App open. If i close it, my PC will sleep. But before i had outlook i had WLM and i could leave it open and my PC would sleep. Does anyone know a way for outlook to do this?

A:Not going to sleep

Mitch, by "I leave the App open" ... do you mean Outlook? If that's the case... your answer could be quite simple... look at the settings in Outlook for synching for new mail. If it does that for say, every 10 mins, and your sleep setting is per 30 mins of inactivity...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/173654-not-going-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%

My computer has stopped going into the sleep mode. How can I correct this?

Go to 'Power Options' from Control Panel and check if System standby and Hibernation are on/off

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sleep-231294.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I am running windows xp and I set it to go on standby after 15 minutes but I will not go on standby automatically but will go on standby manually and I checked msconfig and task manager ,they are not showing any program running.
Can anyone advise how to correct this problem.?

normally the network card is the problem in its properties there is a box that says bring pc out of sleep if active or similar so any network traffic will keep it alive

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-xp/121893-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%

My monitor keeps going to sleep even after I set the power settings to NEVER.

What is going on here?

Doctor.

Go to power settings. There are 2 one is for sleep. The other is shut monitor. Make sure both are set to never

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/40755-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%

I have a HP pavilion # is 360001 the product # is fk786aaaba the s # is mxu8420092 please help the information is very small hard to read but this is what I see

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/I-have-a-HP-and-it-keep-going-to-sleep/td-p/5660000
Relevancy 25.37%

can any one help here pleae ? freind had a new hard drive installed on her hp- - - not sure of model number she was given instalation discs etc she has done all the stuff to install when the pc reboots for the first time she gets a message on screen saying going to sleep no chance to do any thing no desktop or task bar etc could this be a bios problem ? advise welcome here
thx

Relevancy 25.37%

I know this might be a dumb ? but why is it that I can restart my computer, have used 1bout 22% of my ram, put the computer to sleep for a short time, wake it, and have 18% or so of ram used after waking up? Just curious.....

A:ram after sleep

Hello wheresjerry,

This is normal. It just depends on what has been loaded to memory by "Superfetch" or any running program at the time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/46343-ram-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%
Q: sleep

have desktop w10 64 bit.in power settings i now do not have sleep settings the only one i can switch for a set time is the monitor.so i can shut down or hibernate.i use to be able to set it for say 20 mins and it would sleep which was fine for me but i cannot find this in power settings.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158577.0.html
Relevancy 25.37%

hi about weeks ago in some of the microsoft windows updates one of them changed the sleep no way that the screen that pops up no sleep when i click the start buttom on the lower left corner of my screen i adjusted to that quickly enough and the next screen that pops up when i try to put my computer to sleep but my computer will no longer sleep when i click the sleep button the screen goes black for about seconds then comes right back my computer is in my quot man cave quot so i am up and down throughout the day it can be minutes or hours between visits most of the time i never know and turning it off all the time waiting for it to reboot is a royal pita its gt years old so i hate to let it run hours a day needlessly HELP p s this is a HP computer running Vista Home Premium bit o s i have it set up to automatically download and install M S Windows updates

A:no sleep

With system restore go back to before the problem. Then install the updates one by one so you can see which is causing the problem. When you find the problem with system restore go back prior to that one update
Make a restore point after each update that you download. You can remove updates manually, but that never seems to work right for me

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/303452-no-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all I give up sleep... I need I have to turn to help of those more knowledgable after attempting all I I need sleep... can with all I have The original problem lies with Smitfraud-C but what I am now left with is an unremovable rpcss dll located in System I have followed the suggested steps in the sticky as well as running Smitfraudfix Killbox Avenger a tool released by F-secure for rootkit analysis running a repair console - so I am now one step from a very long download of Knoppix I would be very greatefull for your help The log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Cacheman Cacheman exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Omar LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run LVCOMSX C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run Cacheman C Program Files Cacheman Cacheman exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup Adobe Gamma lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http fpdownload macromedia com ge sh swflash cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip ED D - FB - AE-A - NameServer O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - C WINDOWS system WPDShServiceObj dll O - Service Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe O - Service AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler AntiVirScheduler - Avira GmbH - C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe O - Service AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard AntiVirService - AVIRA GmbH - C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe O - Service NBServi... Read more

A:I need sleep...

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about this at all. Apologies if I seem pushy but I have two reports for my final year to hand in and the net connection has almost been rendered useless because of this :(
Please help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/i-need-sleep-136820.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello, every time when my computer would go into sleep mode, and when I would try to start the computer again, the screen turns black, all I see is the mouse pointer, and everything just stops working even though the computer is on.

Thanks

I know this may sound silly, but did you try to change your sleep settings?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sleep-302060.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi,
I have a problem with Vista!!!
Since a recent re build I have been unable to use the sleep function because it is just not there!!!
Power options do not list it and the shut down menu does not offer it in fact, no icons can be found.
Please can anyone come up with a solution?
Regards
Faulty

Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all I've gone through every post I can find on here related to sleep standby issues and nothing has fixed the problem yet If I manually choose the sleep or hibernate option windows seems to get to the sleep state but within less than a second everything spins back up It won't enter sleep on it's own either Previous to this I help? Won't everything, sleep, tried had XP installed and it would go into sleep mode fine manually it rarely would automatically but manually was at least better than nothing and it wasn't enough of a bother to troubleshoot I'm running Win Pro x on a Core Duo ASUS P L-MX motherboard Nvidia GT and an IDE HD Lots of other devices on USB but all disconnected to help diagnose except mouse and keyboard Windows says I'm all up to date but I've also updated my BIOS and installed the latest chipset LAN and Audio drivers from ASUS I've adjusted my power plan settings as described elsewhere to allow sleep while sharing media etc I've turned off wake ability for every device that had it like the NIC powercfg -lastwake lists wake history count but zero wake source count so no help there powercfg -devicequery wake armed lists nothing Won't sleep, tried everything, help? now since I've disabled everything The event viewer Power-Troubleshooter entry shows quot Wake Source Unknown quot I've tried adjusting the BIOS settings for enabling or disabling ACPI with no effect I've tried toggling most of the other power plan settings too such as hybrid sleep Any help or tips to troubleshoot further would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Won't sleep, tried everything, help?

I don't know if this will help or not, but its worth a try. It sorted out some problems I was having.

Slick Solutions - Home of the MCE Standby Tool (MST)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/89491-wont-sleep-tried-everything-help.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Every time I try, I hit 99% on Stage 3 of 3, but then it just reverts everything.

A:No Sleep

My computer just recently stopped going to sleep. The screen goes black for a second, then just wakes itself. I've tried so many things. Closing all third-party processes, unplugging keyboard and mouse, made it so no hardware has permission to wake the computer, changing the advanced power settings, nothing works!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sleep-523909.html
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello
I have a strange problem.
When I wake up my computer my sound gets bugged. When for example I play some music, watch a video or do anything that makes a sound my sound gets distorted and bugged. I can't explain it but..... I will make a video soon
What can the problem be.
----
BTW Some time ago I went to a place in my CP in the system menu I think and it said that the video drivers may be causing problems after waking up...

A:Sleep bug

Try updating both your graphics and sound drivers to the latest versions.

You can get the drivers from either your computer manufacturer if you must, or from the individual device manufacturer which is the best choice. The most popular manufacturers are:

Graphics:
NVIDIA Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies
ATI Advanced Micro Devices Inc.

Sound:
Realtek Realtek
Creative Creative Labs Online Store

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83355-sleep-bug.html
Relevancy 25.37%

When I select "Sleep" the PC goes into the mode for about 5-6 seconds (modem light flashing) and then comes back to life ? once in a while it will stay snoozing but very seldom is there a setting that can be made??

A:PC will not sleep

Are you connected to internet by broadband to ethernet interface/card? If so check in Device Manager. Right click on the network card and click Properties. See if it says something like "Allow to wake system on network activity."

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301681-pc-will-not-sleep.html
Relevancy 25.37%
Q: sleep

I have an HP Envy x360 and it has the Windows 10 upgrade. Just the other day, I noticed that my screen will go to sleep mode after a minute of not working on it. The sleep mode settings and power mode are all set to NEVER. Not sure why it keeps going to sleep or how to keep it from doing that. It is really annoying!

A:sleep

Hi, Here are a couple of options to check. 1.  Right click the battery icon in the Taskbar and select Power Options.  Click on Change plan settings next to your selected power plan and in the following window, click on Change advanced power settings.  In the Advanced settings window, expand Display and then expand 'Turn off display after' - make sure the settings look correct for both 'Plugged in' and On battery'.  Click Apply and Ok to save any changes. 2.  From the Start Menu, select Settings, then Personalisation and then Lock Screen.  Near the bottom of this window, select Screen saver settings.  Make sure that the dropdown menu under the Screen saver heading is set to None ( if it already is, select another option and the select None again ).  Click Apply and Ok to save any changes. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/sleep/td-p/5664005