Windows Support Forum

Network disconnection when gaming

Q: Network disconnection when gaming

After looking for weeks now I found this website that might help me with my problem Please bear in mind that this problem is happening only on my Desktop disconnection when gaming Network Whenever I try to play an online game such as BF CS GO or Gotham Imposters my internet disconnect and then reconnect again resulting me getting kicked out of the game I tried these solutions Reset the modem Reset the router Reinstalling NICs drivers Ran anti virus spyware malware multiple times Reset my network stat using specialized programs Diagnosing the network from netstat to pinging Google Nothing seem to be wrong with it Rebooted the PC over times in the last hours Flushed the DNS Yet the problem is still there and I have no idea how to fix it System specs Windows Home Premium x bit NIC Realtek GBE and ASUS wireless card Router Linksys e And this problem is happening on two network cards so it s not something wrong with my NIC my guess it s something to do with DNS If you have an answer please let me know and if you have questions about extra information let me know so I can post them P S this is my DDS file report that you might need nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network disconnection when gaming

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network disconnection when gaming

DNS is not the issue. Much more likely you need to
1) update the firmware in your router
2) update the driver(s) for your NIC or WiFI

and then set the router MTU to 1492

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-disconnection-when-gaming.195660/
Relevancy 62.78%

We have comps wired to our ActionTec GT Wg router We all play ConquerOnline usually at the same time and we all get disconnected at the same time about every hour or so It even does it gaming Disconnection while Hourly when only one of us is playing I thought it was the client but we all have the same one I thought it was TQ the comp that does the games but not I thought it was our comps but nothing I have posted in other forums but no one has any answers This is time consuming and expensive and it s personnaly pissin me off We now know it is the router but we don t know what to do about it sein as we just got it The old one mom could ply endlessly while i got disconnected because she Hourly Disconnection while gaming was the main Now we all are direct to the routed Hourly Disconnection while gaming don t know why Any help would be greatly appreciated ASAP nbsp

A:Hourly Disconnection while gaming

Try another router. Just because it is new, doesn't mean it is not the cause of the disconnecting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hourly-disconnection-while-gaming.104510/
Relevancy 62.35%

when i play my neverwitnernights SOU online the internet randomly disconnects....

i can play other games like counter strike without it disconecting

A:internet disconnection during online gaming

I had the same problem with Everquest.
After updating the firmware on my Linksys router the problem seems to have been fixed. Only 1 disconnect in about 2 weeks.

Regards,
Roger

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnection-during-online-gaming.171362/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi! I updated my windows 10 to 14393, and right after that, my wifi connection on my laptop became very unstable, and drops out every few minutes, either being shown as 'Limited' or cuts out all together. and i cant connect to any network unless I put my pc to sleep then turn it back on, but then I get disconnected from the internet again at random moments. However, it feels like as if I get disconnected when there is a lot of data traffic going on...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442672-network-disconnection.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Good evening there For the past month or so I ve been having some strange problems with my network disconnection Network Solved: connection When there is high traffic through the internet connection has happened due to network traffic too my computer is disconnected from the network It follows no pattern when it does it but the most time it s seen is when using bit torrents while playing online games At the time which i do disconnect it stays disconnected but can be reconnected by disabling and re-enabling the Local Area Connection interface unpluging and attaching the networking cable When the disconnect occurs theres a Warning message in event viewer quot Name resolution for the name dns msftncsi com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded quot But not sure if that error is because i ve lost connection or that is causing the connection lost Further information Windows IP Configuration Host Name LightWrath-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -FB-A - - F- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d bfe e c cf Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Solved: Network disconnection Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BE- -EC- -FB-A - - F- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap FA E - E - F -A D - CB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef b cd d a c Preferr ed Link-local IPv Address fe cd d a c Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Physical Netwok configuration LightWrath-PC connected by wire ------- Router ----- gt ADSL Net Phone adapter gt --- Phone socket LightWrath-Net Connected by WiFi Router is the same provided by sky broadband Sky s Netgear DG GT Anymore information required available on request Thank you for your time LightWrath nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

So, I have a HP TouchPavillion laptop that I got a few months ago, and it has been working great until now. My internet connection is being randomly disconnected for no reason, and whenever I download something, the download speed will suddenly drop until it reaches 0 bytes per second, even though I am connected to the internet. Whenever my computer disconnects me from the connection, trying to re-connect will cause the screen to freeze for a few seconds, and then I am not able to re-connect unless I reboot the computer. Anyone know the problem?
P.S. The security is "Unsecured" and the type is "802.11n" in case it helps.

A:Network disconnection issues

Hi Pootis and welcome to the forum! The first thing I would try is uninstall the card in Device Manager, reboot and let it re-install. Are you using the latest drivers?

An unsecured connection over wifi is not good as others can jump on the connection and even hack into your computer.

Also can't rule out a router problem. Does it do the same thing at a different location?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/49290-network-disconnection-issues.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi

I Have a XP Sp2 machine that loses it's network connections after 10 minutes of being inactive, even if you run a -t ping...

Tried power management, 100 Full etc...

Any Ideas ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-network-share-disconnection.17776/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi can anyone tell me why my basic wireless network disconnects once everyday.

I have to unplug both power supplies to my network adapter and my blueyonder modem to get it working again. Is it something to do with my IP Address being renewed?. What can i do to keep it working constantly or what do i do instead of unplugging everything to get it working again.

Any suggestions

Thanx...

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

We have a remote office location connected to our head office via leaseline. Our primary domain controller is located here in the head office. We noticed that lately, there is an intermittent disconnection of end users in their local area network.

We don't experience that in the head office.

Where can one begin to isolate and resolve this disconnection problem?

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-disconnection-from-network.833826/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi all,

We have around 50 pc network, m facing one problem few pcs are getting disconnected themselves and the network is restored only when the pc is restarted. can some1 help me on this with a solution.

Relevancy 55.47%

I ve had this problem off and Intermittent Disconnection Network on for the past year and decided to ask for guidance I did a search through the forum which yielded posts I ll Intermittent Network Disconnection admit I did not read them all but the ones I did read were all for wireless adapters Here we go System Broadcom BCM - NetLink Gigabit Ethernet adapters on motherboard I have two ethernet ports on my system but I am only using one Teaming is not enabled obviously Driver version is Interestingly when I downloaded the latest driver from the ASRock website it said it was but when I install it the Device Manager shows Connected to a Linksys Etherfast -port workgroup switch EZXS W ver The switch is connected to my DSL modem I can provide if needed but I don t think it is the issue as you will read below Windows Ultimate -bit SP Problem The network intermittently gets disconnected May be fine for days and then there will be events in an hour Does not seem to be tied to activity as sometimes it occurs after I have left the system for awhile and sometimes it happens while streaming An ipconfig renew generates this message No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out This is always fixed by unplugging and then re-plugging the cable to the switch Other computers connected to the switch continue to work fine I have tried both ports on my PC with the same issue I have tried different ports on my switch with the same issue Thanks Pauley nbsp

A:Intermittent Network Disconnection

This is always fixed by unplugging and then re-plugging the cable to the switch.Click to expand...

Does it matter which end (switch port or PC port)?

Have you tried a different cable? Thinking that maybe a connector is slightly loose or slightly corroded.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-network-disconnection.1141618/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have just bought a disconnection Network problem new laptop and I m having connection problems with my ad-hoc Network disconnection problem wireless network I have a desktop DT that connects to the internet and a laptop LT Toshiba Satellite that I have had for a - Network disconnection problem years My new laptop LT is a Toshiba Satellite A All systems are running Windows XP DT has a DLink network card LT has a NetGear WG pcm card and LT has built-in wireless networking LT has always been able to connect to DT without any problems LT can connect to DT if LT is switched off and connect to DT if LT is switched off When LT is connected to DT and LT is switched on then LT will be disconnected and LT will connect When LT is connected to DT and LT is switched on it will not connect If DT is off and then LT will connect to LT and then when DT is switched on then all are connected Can you help please nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I wasn t sure how to word the title but this is my problem My network is usually fine very stable excellent connection strength Many Disconnection Network With Connections fast etc etc However whenever I do anything that requirse multiple connections i e multiple connections to newsgroups or BitTorrent downloads my wireless connection drops off Sometimes every seconds Network Disconnection With Many Connections sometimes every few hours Now my connection dropping off is very rare when not doing the things I mentioned above I don t think it s interference because of this When the connection drops I have to right click - gt repair the connection I was wondering if perhaps there was some router settings I missed It s very inconvienient to try to update World of Warcraft and having to repair the connection every minutes just so I can finish the update Has this ever happend with anyone or does anyone know how to solve this This does NOT happen with any other computer including the laptop sitting right next to me nbsp

A:Network Disconnection With Many Connections

Also, I very recently reformatted, and I had the same problem before reformatting.

The connection also gets into a 'groove', you could say. Even after I'd shut off the offending connections, the network will still be on the fritz until a restart and some praying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-disconnection-with-many-connections.396446/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi. can anyone help me with this? My network connection keeps on disconnecting every few minutes and my downloads are always interrupted. But my signal strength says itís excellent. T_T
I also checked out my Ipconfig and the Media State says Media Disconnected. Iím using windows XP by the way.

A:network disconnection and download interruption

does it go to limited or disconnect from the network completely?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-disconnection-and-download-interruption.1083478/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey everyone I got my Toshiba notebook USB Disconnection Removal Causes Network of Wireless a few months back and have been having this problem from the start At first it wasn t happening very often and hence it wasn t that big a deal but now it s getting annoying due to the frequency What happens After I eject any form of USB connections occurs most frequently with my external HDD and other sorts of thumbdrives my wireless network connection disconnects I always try to go to the quot network and sharing centre quot tab and quot disable quot and quot enable quot the connection but it rarely works Most of the time the pop-up that says Removal of USB Causes Wireless Network Disconnection something like quot enabling wireless connection quot doesn t go away It sort of hangs but not exactly either as I m still able to use other parts of the notebook I ve tried many things but the ONLY fix I ve found is to restart the computer HOWEVER it isn t a normal restart It takes about - minutes to restart I get the BSOD for a few seconds right after it restarts but it s only there for like seconds and then it asks me if I want to start windows in normal mode or safe mode I do not think that the BSOD is actually the cause of the problem or related to it I went into the quot event viewer quot and it said there that the BSOD was caused because Windows was not able to shut down properly I think this is caused by the quot hanging quot of the computer during the quot enabling connection quot phase Of course I m no expert I guess this is some sort of hardware malfunction Involving the USB drives is that what it s called But I do not know exactly what s wrong and hence not sure how to fix it nbsp

A:Removal of USB Causes Wireless Network Disconnection

There is a support bulletin for your notebook regarding wifi.
See if it applies to your issue:
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...410&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768667#

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removal-of-usb-causes-wireless-network-disconnection.954785/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have my IBM Thinkpad R Laptop connected via a Linksys WRT G Wireless Router A week ago I lost my cable signal and Wireless Network Disconnection Continual had a Brighthouse technician come out an install a new cable quot modem quot as well as replace the external wiring from the pole to the house To facilitate problem determination I disconnected the Router Wireless Network Continual Disconnection and plugged the cable from the quot modem quot straight into my XP Prio desktop s LAN port Afterwards I had to reset the router and reinstall its configuration data from a copy I keep on my desktop During this process I changed the WEB network key So I go over to the laptop running XP Home and access wireless connections select my network click on properties then change the key click on ok and ok on the previous window then connect to the network and up it comes Some few minutes later connection goes back down and Wireless Network Continual Disconnection when I go back to properties for my network there s the old key value again and again and again Rebooting has no effect on this problem My new key value is not being saved and it s driving me nuts What s wrong with this picture nbsp

A:Wireless Network Continual Disconnection

"What's wrong with this picture?"

It's probably what you said in your previous sentence: "My new key value is not being saved ... ."

Can you use your wireless utility to edit the profile (or "properties" of the wireless network)? If so, that's probably the quickest fix. Just remember to 'apply' or 'save' or whatever is needed.

Another thing to try is to remove encryption from the router and then connect the laptop. It's been my experience that this usually forces the utility to save new settings because the encryption type has changed. Then re-enable the encryption on the router and again re-connect the laptop. Again, this usually results in the desired setting to be saved.

Wi-Fi is very useful, but it sure can be "fun" at times!
Terry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-continual-disconnection.439969/
Relevancy 54.18%

After clicking on a suspect link I ve been - unknown spontaneous malware network disconnection having problems keeping my internet connection active Normally the PC is on with a spontaneous network disconnection - unknown malware steady and stable internet connection For the spontaneous network disconnection - unknown malware last few days I have been losing my connection every few hours The connection can only be restarted with a reboot On reboot Windows XP reports a serious failure During the process to prepare to post this issue every thing was going well until trying to run GMER On the first attempt a Battle Royale began The machine froze and required a hard reset I rebooted and attempted to run GMER again the machine froze almost immediately When I attempted to reboot it would not reboot it would lock up at the point where it asks if you want to enter safe mode---the keyboard would not function and the PC would not reboot This happened several times until I received a BSOD on a startup attempt it reported that my BIOS may not be ACPI compliant and produced the following error code Stop x A x x x x Until now I have had no problems with this machine in over three years since I built it I attempted to boot again and it rebooted After attempting GMER a few more times I got what I believe is a partial report as it took less time to quot complete quot than all of the other aborted efforts took to crash That suspect file is appended here Although I am unsure if it is relevant a few days prior to the start of this issue I downloaded the Office trial directly from the Microsoft site Any assistance or guidance your provide would be appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Pam at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exesvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS ATKKBService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPServiceC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files M-Audio MA CMIDI MA CMIDI Inst exeC Program Files MozyHome mozybackup exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS System ups exeC Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exeC WINDOWS system DeltTray exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files MozyHome mozystat exeC Program Files TRENDnet TEW- UB WlanCU exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Documents and Settings Pam Application Data mjusbsp magicJack exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd Info exeC Documents and Settings Pam Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blankBHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dllBHO F -DC - -A C... Read more

A:spontaneous network disconnection - unknown malware

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329330/spontaneous-network-disconnection-unknown-malware/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi first of all I m not a tech whiz so please bear with me enabling/disabling SSID network broadcast. disconnection, Solved: solved by Wireless My home network consists of a SpeedTouch ST Solved: Wireless network disconnection, solved by enabling/disabling SSID broadcast. ADSL modem and a Cisco WRT G wireless router I have a desktop under a wired connection and a notebook in another room that connects wirelessly Both of them use windows Almost daily the wireless connection disconnects after some time of usage and stays that way From what I can tell it seems to occur randomly My desktop however remains connected so it s not the entire internet is down Through some tinkering I discovered that I could get the notebook to reconnect by either enabling or disabling my SSID broadcast depending on which setting it was in the first place I do think it s related to my desktop though This problem occurs ONLY when both desktop and notebook are on If I m only using my notebook there won t be any disruptions Anyone has any idea what s going on Could someone be hijacking my network Any help will be appreciated thanks Btw I used to use a Wire unit which was a modem and router and did not encounter such problems before nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless network disconnection, solved by enabling/disabling SSID broadcast.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-disconnection-solved-by-enabling-disabling-ssid-broadcast.1087901/
Relevancy 43%

This is a common problem I ve heard before but now it has become my problem Network one the more and for gaming computer I have computers in the same house under the same router that I wish to play Age of Empires II But this Network and gaming for more the one computer game requires unlike new ones that each computer has a different IP or you cant join the game We tried hooking another laptop up but it gave it a static IP and we couldnt change the IP or when we changed the IP to something other then the router IP it went back to the router IP after reboot So here are my questions Network and gaming for more the one computer Can you enable DMZ for multiple computers How to change IP I checked and I m sure the service im using does allow multiple IP s Is there any other configurations or changes that are related to this problem I Network and gaming for more the one computer could have missed a whole section of the problem I know that you can do this for one router Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-and-gaming-for-more-the-one-computer.598292/
Relevancy 43%

I am trying to play multiplayer games across within gaming LAN network Setting for up network not via internet and have been trying to set it up I have installed IPX on both of the machines needed and have allowed the programs access to the network on my Firewall But when i host a game on either machine it cannot detect the other Both machines have been able to do it on other Setting up network for gaming within LAN networks before I Setting up network for gaming within LAN do not think this is a game issue as I have tried multiple games that have worked before I have just installed a new wireless router onto the network and have configured it with WPA Any ideas as to why I cannot detect the other machines when gaming ------- Hardware software Dell Inspiron Intel Celeron Ghz RAM Windows XP-SP Home Edition Linksys Wireless G g notebook adapter PCMCIA card WPC GS V Port ADSL Modem Router with USB Print Server g GURA brand Part of Safecom I believe WPA encryption -------- nbsp

A:Setting up network for gaming within LAN

Does the new wireless router support IPX communication?

I would do this - connect the 2 PC's via a crossover and see if they play via IPX if they do and then you connect through the router and they don't work anymore you have a hardware issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-network-for-gaming-within-lan.482640/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I've got this network\gaming problem that I posted a thread on in the gaming forum:

http://forums.techguy.org/games/500568-network-gaming-problems.html

But as yet have been unable to get anywhere with it. I'm thinking it falls more under the expertise of the guys here and would appreciate any help.

I mention in it an alternative using a wireless setup without a router is this possible?

A:Network\Gaming prob!

Please click on the red triangle and ask a moderator to move that other thread to Networking and close this one (or combine it with the former).

Yes, you can set up an ad-hoc wireless network between the two PCs if you are close enough.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-gaming-prob.500923/
Relevancy 43%

I play World of Warcraft at school and I am forced to use thier netwrok. I guess the firewall is killing my latency and stuff. Are t here any ways to improve this? Even if it means doing stuff that my school might not like to much. And is this the right place to post this question or should I do that in the gaming forums?

A:Gaming on school network

Short of getting on another network your not getting "around" their firewall.

Even if it means doing stuff that my school might not like to muchClick to expand...

Not sure this could mean anything else but trouble.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-on-school-network.454124/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, I have the game Combat Arms installed on two computers.

Computer(A) is connected directly to the modem and computer(B) is connected to the modem through a wireless network.

When I play the game with computer(B) I suffer some really bad lags, but not with computer(A).
I'm pretty sure its the network because I have done everything else.

Also computer(B) doesn't lag on games that do not require internet (i.e. Fate) which helps support the network theory.
Any ways to fix this or should I just stick with playing on computer(A)?

I'd rather play this game on computer(B) if possible.

Computer specs available if needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-over-a-wireless-network.781413/
Relevancy 43%

I dunno if this should be in the network forum but I m sure you ll let me know if it should I ve recently moved into student accomodation the internet service is provided by a company called KeySurf it s all ben working fine since I got setup with them I ve Problems Network Gaming been able to play loadsa games over the net as well as Network Gaming Problems using torrent programs without having to setup any port forwarding BUT I ve been trying to play a game with a friend who has also just moved into the same accommodation building and it nothing works If we try a LAN game the other guys computer doesn t show up If we try to connect by IP it doesn t find the other guy We even tried to play over the net with Battle for Middle Earth we got into a room with other people but the two of us can t connect to each other The thing that is really puzzling me is that it still works fine if I play with anyone else i e someone not in the building Even more bizzarely I d played with my same friend only a week ago when he was in his flat elsewhere so not using the KeySurf service and it all worked fine We ve phone KeySurf they say that there s nothing ion the system that should be blocking the games Help please Edit Delete Message nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Trouble connecting to network Ok here s my problem I bought a game Demigods and from the first day I was never able to connect or stay connected to a game I tried all the remedies opened ports checked port forwarding used a proxy server turned off and uninstalled antivirus and firewalls turned off windows firewalls etc Still never worked It would allow me to get online Issues Network Gaming chat in the lobby connect to other players and then start the game but each time I would then be dropped because of the connection Then I ended up reinstalling vista because it was getting junky on me When I had only the first few basic windows updates installed the game played perfectly regardless if I had a port forwarded firewall antivirus software or was proxied So after playing for a few weeks I then download and installed these three updates Vista Service Pack Security Update for Micro XML Core Services Service Pack A update for definitions for windows defender Promptly after installing those updates the game then went back to the aforementioned Network Gaming Issues problems Do a system restore back to where the updates were not installed allowed me to play with no problems Thinking maybe this was a bug that would be fixed after ALL updates were installed I then installed everything windows would allow me But STILL the game does not work Any thoughts or suggestions Please let me know what other information you need to help me with this request Thanks in advance Toby Windows Vista Home Premium Model A N -SLI-Deluxe BIOS Version A M I - CPU AMD Athlon X MB Total MB Free NVIDIA GeForce GTS

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/237392-network-gaming-issues.html
Relevancy 43%

I had a question about what the best network set and configuration was for my home we do a lot if gaming and I want to make sure we are taking advantage of our 150Mbps speeds I have two routers my main is an Asus Tm Ac1900(in main office) and the second I would like to use as a repeater or additional access point is a Tp link router (front room) what would be the best recommend set up and configuration for these routers

Relevancy 43%

Hey everyone I searched around and didnt see anything posted that applied to my situation so here it goes and I hope I can get some feedback Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance Right now I have an Airlink ar w Wireless mbps router connected to my dsl modem My online gaming seems to lag a bit and I was wondering if I get a gigabit switch can I have the setup DSL modem gt Switch gt Router Or does it have to be DSL modem gt Router gt Switch My computer is wired to the router and gigabit GAMING network for the wi-fi is for family s laptops My abit board has gigabit lan so I wanted to ONLY have my computer connected to gigabit and everyone else on regular wifi so they don t lag my gaming Only thing I can think of is upgrading to a d-link dgl- wi-fi gaming router But that is kinda expensive for me so thats why i m here Thanks again in advance for any replies nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

If i am connected to the domain at work, can they tell i'm playing a game such as WoW on my laptop?

just wondering how all that works

Relevancy 42.57%

I just hooked up my network today with 2 computers...Everything else runs fine on the internet like my web browser but when I go into one of my online games I get alot of lag...I have the same ISP and everything as before when I was on 1 comp now that I'm on this network i'm lagging to death...anyone know why? my router says 100MBPS for speed...could the router be the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slower-connection-when-gaming-on-network.611042/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey everyone sorry to bother you all with a question but this is my last resort My problem is a Network Key that has been set up on all computers in the house Our connection used to be open to anyone in the area not on purpose and was just recently changed Now a key is required to gain access However FFXI has now blocked me out for lack of better words The thing I noticed is my Linksys Gaming Adapter is Linksys Adapter/Network Gaming Key unlit on the right box meaning it is unable to find a connection I m clueless how to work the Gaming Adapter since it usually finds the channel with the connection thought none of the channels connect Is there anyway I can fix it for FFXI If not would anyone know how to disable the Network Key and allow it to be open again Thanks Linksys Gaming Adapter/Network Key for Linksys Gaming Adapter/Network Key checking out this post it is greatly appreciated I can give pretty much any other additional info you require Thanks Again nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I've noticed this only when gaming over the course of the last three or four months - firstly when I was playing MW and now also when playing Warcraft The connection just goes A yellow exclamation point pops up over the network icon and my internets go off - to fix I have to pull the plug out of the router and put it back in My set up is a modem router into which my wifi router is plugged - the PC Connection Gaming When Out Network Cuts is hardwired into the wifi router Network Connection Cuts Out When Gaming and I don't think it has ever cut out during an internet only session only during gaming It's not the router - as I have recently replaced it Network Connection Cuts Out When Gaming I thought it might be the cable I've replaced that and it still happens I have just updated the drivers for my network card it's not fixed it I assume it's my network card itself that is the issue but I wanted to know if there's any reason it could be a Windows issue Any ideas Thanks

A:Network Connection Cuts Out When Gaming

Hi flamingkitties,

Do you have the latest driver for your network adapter? Make sure that your router has the latest firmware as well.

Also, have youdone port forwarding of your Games the Ports to your router?
Here are the Port Nos for WoW. Also, other list of Ports that you may need to Port forward.

Here's a complete guide on how to do Port forwarding using a Linksys router. The only difference might be the router settings that you have but it should give you an idea. You may also locate the exact Make and Model of your router from portforwarding.com.

Hope this helps, pls. post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/131950-network-connection-cuts-out-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi All,

Im planning to open a games network cafe. What i need is a SW to manage this but all the SW's i could find are SW's managing regular Internet Cafe's. What i need is a SW to create users & their passwords, top up their accounts in advance and of course game settings (botton configs) are saved so users dont have to rechange everytime they log in. And of course, i dont want users to see desktops etc...

These are basic features im looking for, but if course i dont mind more features that makes it easy for me

Hope to hear from you guys...

Regards

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/management-sw-for-network-gaming-cafe.955321/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

So, me and my boyfriend are moving in together soon and we both play PC games online quite extensively. I am quite proficient at networking but I like to get a second opinion on things so here's my question:
As we will be running two computers off of the same router and we will at some point want to be playing in the same server as each other, can you think of any problems and solutions that we may need to bear in mind? The only thing I can think of is that some games that use Punkbuster may encounter a problem but this should be fixable with a bit of fiddling. Is there anything else thats more generic that could be a problem?

Thanks in advance

A:2 computers, same network, online gaming

Well, the problem with playing on the same server from one ISP connection is many games don't allow a single IP address to have multiple connections. I'm not a gamer, so I can't give specifics, but we see people complaining about this all the time here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-computers-same-network-online-gaming.949707/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi currently i have a port router that is wired for all the computers in my house The problem with that is i wanna go wireless without replacing the port wired router This is due to the fact that i am getting a PS for Christmas and since i already have a Wii i might as up network start wireless i for How can gaming. a well find a way to get them both on the net without two extra ft ethernet cords that get all in the way I have heard and read about the PS and PSP wifi key which you plug into your computer via usb and broadcast the wifi signal through the quot How can i start up a wireless network for gaming. key How can i start up a wireless network for gaming. quot I am interested in this method but am very hesitant to even try it -How does it work -Will it work for multiple devices -Will the computer that the quot key quot is connected to still have internet If that method is not what im lookin for please help me find another way Thanks Links http gear ign com articles p html Review for psp wifi key nbsp

A:How can i start up a wireless network for gaming.

You need a single box - a wireless access point. Forget about those "wifi keys".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-start-up-a-wireless-network-for-gaming.94549/
Relevancy 42.57%

Does anyone here know any tricks/tweaks to increase a computer's network utilization? This PC I am on right now has a 100 MB/sec LAN Network Internet connection, but when i press ctrl+alt+del and go to the Networking tab, it tells me that I only have 0.1% to 0.3% Network Utilization. I even warp somewhat often when playing in a dedicated Halo server.

So yeah, are there any tweaks into getting my computer to use more of the bandwidth available to it, or are there any of those gaming speed patches that people have personally tried with success?

Thanks

A:Increasing Network Utilization (mainly for gaming)

ur network only goes up when u go to a page or if ur downloading something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increasing-network-utilization-mainly-for-gaming.499710/
Relevancy 42.57%

my question is,

do they make anything like this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833342002

on a wireless adapter?

i searched around newegg and tigerdirect, didnt see anything simular in the wireless sections.

thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-network-adapters-for-wireless.115968/
Relevancy 42.57%

It happens from time to time but it's really annoying. I don't wanna mess with system settings but god I have to disable something or rollback to Windows 8.1 . My system is brand new and I left it alone the first 2 days so it could update and don't bother me but still it happens.

So that's it guys. What would you recommend me to disable? I have noted that "Content delivery optimization" use a lot of bandwidth while on fullscreen. If I remember well that's the live tiles feed update for start menu.

A:Windows using network while gaming online

For starters turn off sharing Windows Updates, it should not be sharing when PC is active, but just to be sure.

Windows Update - Choose how you Download in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Another possibility, turn off auto-updating apps, but you will have to update them manually then.

Store Update Apps Automatically - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61364-windows-using-network-while-gaming-online.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So, i just moved into my friends house for the summer (at a university), and im taking the place of the person who had the cable modem and wireless router connected to his computer. So i connect everything up, and everything is running smoothly. internet works, everyone elses works...good times...

until one of my friends tried to boot up day of defeat, and the lowest ping server was 200ish. i boot up my day of defeat, and find i am experiencing the same problem. i try resetting the modem and router...and nothing fixes the high ping.

here are my speed test results:
any ideas?

thanks.

A:network acting weird for gaming

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-acting-weird-for-gaming.719731/
Relevancy 42.57%

I was talking to a guy who just picked up a gmaing network that one of the owners abondoned with over 8000 users. They are trying to bring the network back to how it was, with sites on popular games and the forum. Currently just about all of the original members are gone (since 03) and a new community is needed. So if you have some time, check it out, and if you like it help get the community back alive www.mmgn.com

P.S. Dont worry, i got this approved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-get-gaming-network-back-to-life.315810/
Relevancy 42.14%

Tonight I played a couple rounds of MOH on my home network with my younger brother. As I am used to getting a ping of 1-10 I am now getting a ping of 40-50 which I dont think is normal. I turned off zone alarm on both computers. The last time we played I had the same router but since I have ugraded my wireless card from b to g. Is there any reason for the high ping I'm getting?

A:High Ping While Gaming On Home Network

Wireless + Split bandwidth between 2 = LAG :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-while-gaming-on-home-network.70646/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

I am not sure if i am posting this in the right forum. Anyway this is my problem. There is a wireless connection set up in the apartment and internet works fine.

I want a solution where me and my brother can play DOTA on garena using same wireless connection. We tried and when both of play in the same room and the same host one of us disconnects. I tried port forwarding but i am not sure if i have set it up right.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unabel-to-share-same-wireless-network-for-gaming.1041742/
Relevancy 42.14%

OK so this is my setup I have a surfboard cable modem coming drops gaming Online intermittently network into a D-link DI- wireless router From teh router I have Online gaming network drops intermittently destinations computers running XP both using wireless cards playstation console using the WIRED connection What happens is this when I connect to my online games one in particular via PS everything works fine at first The connection is good and there is no problems However as the game goes along I run into lots of lag jitter periodically Its very strange It will be totally fine for awhile then all of a sudden I get lag Eventually I lose my connection When this happens I check my computer internet connection and everytying works FINE My pings to www comcast net on my computer range from ms all the way up to ms I have wireless cell phones in my house ARe those interfering somehow I also have a wireless cordless phone but I unplugged and I m still getting intermittent drops I dont think other wireless things should affect this because my PS is plugged straight into the router I m not using wireless for that I pulled the router off the network and plugged my PS straight into my cable modem but it didnt help I changed the ethernet cables but it didnt help I have my PS set up as a DMZ on the router so all ports are open Gaming consoles require a lot of ports to operate right so instead of setting up each one of those I just set it up as a static DHCP w DMZ This setup worked fine for me before I moved to this new location Since I moved here is when its been having problems I m starting to think that the cable coming into the house has noise in it or something I can post my cable modem power statistics if you guys want I m desperate here I have no clue whats going on nbsp

A:Online gaming network drops intermittently

I pulled the router off the network and plugged my PS2 straight into my cable modem, but it didnt help.Click to expand...

Stop playing around with your router in the attempt to diagnose this problem. If you have the SAME symptoms and you have a modem directly to the PS2 the problem is either the PS2 OR the modem it can't be the router at all.

Really it sounds like its a PS2 only problem because the modem is working fine for internet use by the other PC's when the router is attached.

Have you tried your PS2 at another location?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/online-gaming-network-drops-intermittently.490998/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello guys I m in need of very error Hard mode gaming/network advanced help I play COD at my home very well I have also a second home in nearby city This Hard mode gaming/network error problem exists in the quot nearby home quot I start cod and it works fine It lists servers fine but when I press quot Join Server quot my whole CPU freezes and wont response for seconds After freezing I can only shut COD from task master -- gt processes -- gt iw -- gt quit After quitting the game my internet doesnt work till restart So seems like the game freezes my network card in motherboard or something I would like to get professional help for this The whole problem exists only in second home and Ive tried turning firewalls down etc etc Even updating game punk buster doesnt work If this doesnt happen then the COD displays quot Stuck on authenticating key code quot or something Im using vista bit ultimate sp Please help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-mode-gaming-network-error.888521/
Relevancy 41.71%

hi there, I recentley setup a wireless network card on my laptop and have started recieving the error message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when I try to connect to another computers server to play a game online

im not sure whether its to do with the drivers because when I installed them it warned me that the driver wasnt digitally signalled

im not very computer literate but if anyone could help I would be very grateful?

cheers

A:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT _LESS_OR_EQUAL - Error Message when network gaming

You don't state the brand and model of your equipment, so you will have to check their web to see if their unsigned drivers have any issues,updates or there are any signed drivers availible.
Most big manufacturers have Tech support try them next.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver_irql_not-_less_or_equal-error-message-when-network-gaming.22642/
Relevancy 41.71%

Frm: Windows 10, Asus Maximus III MoBo. Realtek Gig Network. Windows or Asus mb drivers, not sure.

Through: Linksys gig switch to netgear gig switch

To: Dell R710 with gig cards running Vsphere 6, to a default VM (1 cpu, 2 gigs ram) running CentOS 7.2

using Cygwin to use scp to transfer large (3 gigs or so each) files to a VM. scp -r * to a CIFS volume on the VM.

starts at 40 mb/s and slowly drops to 5 mb/s.

oddly, if I bring up Steam and play Doom II (old Dosbox game) my transfer kicks up to 80 mb/s. Rocksmith only gets to 65 mb/s and Carmageddon Reincarnation gets to 75 mb/s.

If I exit the game entirely, the speed slows back down to 5 mb/s until I start up a game.

I imagine it's something to do with the games taking over the system but it is puzzling.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/68258-slow-network-speed-during-file-transfer-unless-gaming.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Any ideas guys about this card?

Has anyone tested it? Does it actually work?

A:Bigfoot Killer Xeno Pro 2100 Gaming Network Card

According to this review it doesn't do much.
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2010/09/02/killer-2100-gaming-network-card/1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bigfoot-killer-xeno-pro-2100-gaming-network-card.1073859/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I bought and set up a wireless extender to sever the back of my house.

I have two android devices that connect with no problem whatsoever and a windows PC that can't get internet access.

For my android device I didn't have to change anything to connect, they found the extender and connected immediately, my PC however runs through a wireless gaming adapter which it connects to via USB.

As far as I can tell I shouldn't have to change anything there either but for some reason my computer, while it can connect to the range extender if given the right up settings cannot access the internet, I'm not sure what to do now.

Sorry if this is a bit short, I'm using my tablet.

PC windows 7

Gaming adapter Belkin Wireless G model F5D7330

Range xtender tp link range extender wa830re

Router virgin superhub with Wpa2 Aes key

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-gaming-adapter-wireless-repeater-router-unidentified-network.1129854/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello Everyone,
I have a problem regarding VPN disconnection.
I have simple network topology. CISCO PIX is configured as Gateway for LAN users.
when I connect using windows VPN connection it constantly disconnects after 40 seconds.
when I dial again it connects but again disconnects after 40 seconds.
apart from this if dial connection keeping the PIX bypassed, it works fine and the connection remains alive till I manually disconnects it.
please help me out to solve this
thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-vpn-disconnection.1022692/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I am and I usually use chats and games and for some reason I am getting disconnected quite often I Disconnection have no idea why my wireless internet is doing this Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Coreman der ber Gut gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Coremander berG Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Disconnection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address E - - -E -BF-BF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless Disconnection LAN adapter Wireless Disconnection Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address E -CA- - B- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe df e e e b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday January PM Lease Expires Wednesday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -A - -E -CA- - B- - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap gateway wire net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AB -D - E- B - ACFD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e e d c bc Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe e d c bc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled nbsp

A:Disconnection

I don't think it's your laptop problem. it could be the router, try to reset it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnection.1034458/
Relevancy 38.7%

i keep getting disconnected from the internet when im downloading stuff it seems to be fine other then that... i just installed a new wireless card and got a new router and everything seemed fine until i started to download stuff, if any1 can give me some advice as to why this is happening or what i might be able to try to fix the issue it would be a great help, thank you very much...

Relevancy 38.7%

hi My net connection keeps disconnecting tried alot things but dint work please see if u cud find anything in hijack this log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS system SysTask exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent disconnection exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Azureus Azureus exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgwb dat disconnection C Program Files Medusa Medusa exe C Program Files Medusa Medusa exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files RevConnect DCPlusPlus exe C DOCUME ADMINI LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http go compaq com Q CDT bl asp R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go compaq com Q CDT bl asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http go compaq com Q CDT bl asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go compaq com Q CDT bl asp O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SetRefresh C Program Files Compaq SetRefresh SetRefresh exe O - HKLM Run disconnection SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot startintray O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone disconnection Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run LoadService C WINDOWS system SysTask exe run O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Yahoo Messenger - E D C E- B F- D -B C - C C - C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com activescan as free asinst cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DEF - E- CC -BC F- C D NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip AD A- A - F - B- B F B NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip DB BAE -E - D -BE B- E D B NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip DEF - E- CC -BC F- C D NameServer O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxsrvc dll O - Winlogon Notify WRNotifier - C WINDOWS SYSTEM WRLogonNTF dll O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe O - Service SoundMAX Agent Service SoundMAX Agent Service default - Analog Devices Inc - C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe O - Service Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine svcWRSSSDK - Webroot Software Inc - C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe O - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs LLC - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe loku nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

I have some pretty bad pop-ups that show spyware and virus software instead of the website I want to view I also get disconnected on this Bad pop-ups, disconnection computer and Bad pop-ups, disconnection the other computers connected through a router to the same cable modem Any help would be appreciated here is my HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C windows System smss exe C windows system csrss exe C windows system winlogon exe C windows system services exe C windows system lsass exe C windows system svchost exe C windows system svchost exe C windows System svchost exe C windows System svchost exe C windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C windows system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files eM Bay Reader Shwicon k exe C windows zHotkey exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C windows SmVhbiBNY hc Rlci TbWl aA command exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltpspd exe C windows system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C windows System nvsvc exe C windows system slserv exe C windows System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C windows system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C windows system spcauth exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C windows System alg exe C windows system wuauclt exe C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www emachines com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - A -C -BC -E A -C A FBCC - blank file missing O - BHO wb - BE F D- CAF- c e-B - A A C D EC - blank file missing O - BHO no name - E CA-D E-A C- DF -D F A CBCB - blank file missing O - BHO no name - DC- -B F - C-E FBA CD - C windows hhaaxshj dll O - BHO IRiras Class - C - E - D - EB- EB CC DD - blank file missing O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Search - DFFEF A-E F -C - B F- F AD EAD - C windows hhaaxshj dll O - HKLM Run showicon k C Program Files eM Bay Reader Shwicon k exe O - HKLM Run CHotkey zHotkey exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent McUpdate exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Schoolpop - file C Program Files Schoolpop ShoppingBuddy Sy Tp scri a htm O - Extra button Research... Read more

A:Bad pop-ups, disconnection

Please print out or save this page to your desktop in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Boot Into Safe Mode
Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode by hitting the F8 key repeatedly until a menu shows up (and choose Safe Mode from the list). In some systems, this may be the F5 key, so try that if F8 doesn't work.

View Hidden Files and Folders
Go to My Computer >Tools >Folder Options >View tab and make sure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled. Also make sure that the System Files and Folders are showing / visible. Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files option.

Stop NT Service

Part1 Click Start>Run, type services.msc into the Open editbox and click the Ok button.
Locate the " Command Service " service and double-click on it to open the Properties dialog.
Click the Stop button.
In the Startup type dropdown select Disabled.
Click the Apply button and then the Ok button.
Close the Services window
Part 2 Click Start>Run, type cmd into the Open editbox and click the Ok button.
Copy/paste the line below into the Command Prompt window and press the Enter key:
sc delete cmdservice
Close the Command Prompt window

Start HijackThis Fix
Open Hijack This and click on Scan. Check the following entries (make sure you do not miss any)

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {36550A04-C994-BC49-E6A6-C559A080FBCC} - blank (file missing)
O2 - BHO: wb - {55BE9F0D-6CAF-4c3e-B125-5A13A8C9D0EC} - blank (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {562E49CA-D90E-A48C-7DF7-D0F88A92CBCB} - blank (file missing)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {770129DC-2332-B3F5-767C-E92FBA36CD51} - C:\windows\hhaaxshj.dll
O2 - BHO: IRiras Class - {95C60327-8E17-44D6-98EB-7EB70CC606DD} - blank (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: Search - {8DFFEF0A-E4F9-C762-7B8F-220F48AD3EAD} - C:\windows\hhaaxshj.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\windows\System32\shdocvw.dll (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {01BE5BD7-B2DD-48B3-A759-59265A91E787} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binari...ESS_1064_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {07C9CFC7-DE33-4A0C-9FFB-CDFBA843B157} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binari...ESS_1063_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {0DA910BC-6919-489E-B584-D9A4AAC7B8DE} - http://scripts.downloadv3.com/binar...8_ASPIV4_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {11F1D260-129E-4EB7-B37E-57E3D97A3DF1} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binari..._1044_EN_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {1604DF98-D1A5-44FE-844A-98D6FD0518D0} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binari...ESS_1060_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {17BFC8DA-B4D6-4DB9-AA40-1CD32EDA9845} - http://scripts.downloadv3.com/binar...6_ASPIV4_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {1CD49DC9-FD88-41FA-B892-47E037267D45} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binari...ESS_1059_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {201D3DA8-B495-4A3B-BEE8-6D8DDCCC5762} - http://scripts.downloadv3.com/binar...7_ASPIV4_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540006} (CInstall Class) - http://www.errorguard.com/installation/Install.cab
O16 - DPF: {24CD4C63-B353-4C9D-B8DF-5479B45C45F0} - http://www.topmoxie.com/external/bu...pop/spop950.cab
O16 - DPF: {26D73573-F1B3-48C9-A989-E6CE071957A1} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binari...ESS_1057_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {2AEEAC34-FD74-4142-B891-4B05C0C03C87} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binari...054_pack_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {31DDC1FD-CEA3-4837-A6DC-87E67015ADC9} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binari...net32_EN_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {624321F1-0581-49D8-99BD-2E952C2DF31B} - http://akamai.downloadv3.com/binari...3_ASPIV4_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {95460ABD-946A-46FF-9F56-268718323EEE} - http://scripts.downloadv3.com/binar...ESS_1068_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {A1C392A2-B274-46DB-89BE-1FBD476B9C93} - http://scripts.downloadv3.com/binar...ESS_1065_XP.cab
O16 - DPF: {B2B0AEDF-7CDF-4792-BB67-7654AD1E1B13} - http://scripts.downloadv3.com/binar...sv... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/bad-pop-ups-disconnection-75681.html
Relevancy 38.7%

hi everyone

my internet keeps disconnecting, when I reconnect I get message that their is problem with my network

wireless adaptor and it has been reset but it still keeps disconnecting, can anyone help

regards calmat

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28675-disconnection.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi there

I have just purchased an ASUS 802.11g wireless 4 port modem. I can connect alright to my ISP. However, every ten or so minutes I get a 'PPP disconnection' - or so that is what the ISP says it is. They have analyzed the line for any faults and have identified that the problem is coming from my end. I think the problem is with the new modem as my old one is working fine. I have even taken it back to the store who replaced it with a new one - same problem!

I am running a network of 5 computers (2 wireless, 3 ethernet), mine being on ethernet cable. I am running XP SP2, have 1.61Ghz and 1Gb Ram. I have Norton Internet Security 2006 running (virus & Firewall).

EDIT: The internet connection is 3.5mbs DS and 128kb US. I get speeds between 800kb and 2900kb.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Jason

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all I am a newbie to this site and guess what I have a problem I am not totally computer illiterate but not far off enough to say I used to be ink monitor at school before Biro s were invented My problem I have B T broadband and windows XP self disconnection ATM started a few weeks ago and mainly seems to happen late in the evening While I am online and ATM self disconnection also happens when I am not online a box appears at the bottom right of my screen that says ATM connection A network cable is unplugged It stays for about seconds where I have no internet connection and then I am back online again It can do this every five minutes sometimes and other times it goes for hours before doing it As I said when I am working offline sometimes it still comes up even though I have not dialled up broadband Any advice would be appreciated and please remember you need to speak in laymans terms for my benefit Robbo nbsp

A:ATM self disconnection

Any ideas guys, it's happened about six times since my first post.

Thanks in advance

Robbo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atm-self-disconnection.476730/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey guys, i haven't had a problem for a while which is pretty cool!
now i do.
the problem is that whilst usuing FireFox at a certain wireless point (cafe), i get a connection for around 30 seconds then i get cannot find server message!
annoying to say the least, my work mates wireless has no problem!

i've used other wireless cafes and dont get this problem!

what do you guys think, definately a router problem at this particular cafe!?

cheers
wayne

A:disconnection

This isn't really a Firefox issue, it sounds like a problem with the router. Sorry :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/disconnection-144293.html
Relevancy 38.7%

i have 2 drives, both are 250 gb. sometimes they are just disconnect from my PC but OS is still working..with some problems like "omg the file is missed" etc. so the question is why is it happens? i did not have this problem on W7 beta, RC also on Mandriva, but i have it on W7 release

A:hdd disconnection

Hi,

Welcome to 7 Forums

* Are they both internal HDD's ? or External ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/52139-hdd-disconnection.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Here's the deal. My internet disconnects whenever I'm playing online games. It happens when i go online but occurs more frequently if I'm playing online games like DotA.

The problem is it's much more than usual internet disconnection. The computer lagged for a while, and the start menu taskbar transformed into a classic view one, and when i click the internet icon in the system tray, it will appear for a blink of time and disappear, i can't reconnect nor can i gain access to the internet. All i can do is restart and play again but the problem occurs again.

I'm very frustrated with this problem, can someone please help me? Thanks in advance.

A:Disconnection or what?

I would do the basic clean up of your PC like defrag and disk cleanup

also scan and make sure you have no viruses, malware, spyware of any sort.

Then try the game in single player mode and see if it works

Also post the specs of your PC such as

Power Supply
CPU
RAM
HardDrive
Video Card
Internet Type

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disconnection-or-what-291945.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I m from Malaysia Lately I ve been experiencing constant disconnection. Constant disconnection from the internet msn online games The problem was supposedly the modem s fault However my local phone company sent out their men to check it out they changed my old ADSL modem Constant disconnection. with a Billion ADSL router They even told me they fixed the wiring outside of my house In the end when I told them about the disconnections they said it could be the server getting busy But I doubt so I used to be able to Constant disconnection. surf the internet smoothly without getting disconnected for over hrs It s been going on for like a week The problem is getting worse My internet connection stays connected However I still get constant disconnection from everything I could get like min disconnect for every mins It s really getting annoying I asked my friend about it He said it s best to switch to a highly upgraded modem instead of the freebie modem that the local phone company gave me But the problem is I don t know which model should I get or how to configure the settings if I were to use a new modem Is there any possible solution PS I m using cable line nbsp

A:Constant disconnection.

Run this Berkeley ICSI Netalyzr and let it complete, it'll take several minutes. At the top of the results page, you'll find a link named Permalink, as illustrated in the graphic below. Click that link, then copy the link address from the browser address bar and paste it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-disconnection.955523/
Relevancy 38.27%

i'm having trouble with a website chat system when people are talking the conversations stop after a minute but when refreshing the page it loads new messages i have a belkin F5D8236-4 here is a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUtzlDXxwTY this only happens wireless i've enabled dmz, disabled firewall, unchecked pingblocking, entered dns numbers, entered port numbers these were the settings that fixed my issue last time the last step was changing settings in channel ssid the reps at belkin are unhelpful in finding the logs for the rep who helped me fix this issue i lost the settings because the router had to be reset i found out that the settings could have been saved I'm using my cable providers modem a cisco dpc3008 my router is connected through it i use a Lenovo v570 intel centrino wireless n6150 is the adapter

Relevancy 38.27%

I've gone to the garage separated from the house with a separate laptop.  I've connected successfully except that about every 45 minutes or so I get this pop-up that disconnects me from the router with an advisory that I have no understanding of.     I googled it and am still in the dark. 

How can I establish a solid link without this popup getting in the way?

I tried googling this for info and did not get any clear instructions.   Every time this pop up appears it cuts me off the router until I close both small windows and wait for it to reconnect.   What is this exactly and how to I get rid of it or work around it?

A:How can I eliminate this pop-up/disconnection?

Can you please supply the make and model of your router?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/526658/how-can-i-eliminate-this-pop-updisconnection/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello I have been having this issue for weeks now and I m absolutely stumped whats been happening is that my online applications such as yahoo messenger mozilla and my online games such as Final fantasy have been disconnecting every hr exactly as soon as each application disconnects it reconnects automatically except ffxi and its good for another full disconnection/reconnection DSL hr while this is happening my connection remains solid DSL disconnection/reconnection and doesn t DSL disconnection/reconnection disconnect I have tried many things such as updating DSL disconnection/reconnection my drivers scanning for viruses unplugging my router and just testing my gateway portforwarding turning off windows firewall and even calling my isp my isp said that my SNR margin was and one i plugged another phone cord into the jack it jumped to which is acceptable from what I understand even after that dramatic increase in connectivity I still dc from my applications every hr Its quite frustrating since its only been happening for the past few weeks Im starting to think it could be my gateway but growing more unlikely as it seems to like clockwork They had me check all the filters on the phone lines and they are fine So any ideas would be very much appreciated im at the end of my rope as far as ideas thank you for your time blaze nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hello guys , I'm having an problem with connecting to the internet, right now only my modem is plugged in to jack point and it seems to work fine all day. my problem is when i use an adsl filter with the phone line , the connection dced a lot and it vary. it tends to work at night more often and definitely can't work during the day time. The modem i'm using is an dynalink RTA1320v6, my modem is new everything is new cables ect except my telephone line.This is how is connected ,the phone line is attache to an extension cable then to the adsl+2 filter along with the modem line then in the jack point. i tried a lot of isolation test on cables,everything should be fine because it's new. I was wondering is there such an modem that doesn't work with filtering or is it my telephone too old?

Relevancy 38.27%

I'm running Windows 10 on a wireless basis. If I go away from my desktop for more than a minute or two I come back and have limited connection. I have to disconnect and reconnect. Can anybody advise if/how I can change this setting so I stay connected while I'm away from my keyboard?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/35877-internet-disconnection.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

I've been connecting my lap top on the internet without any interruption previously. Lately, I just noticed that it would just disconnects and I have to tick on the "repair" to get it back. Unfortunately, after some time it would disconnect again and again. Can you kindly advise any measures that can be done in this regard. Thank you very much in advance.

Relevancy 38.27%

I use Windows XP and a Speedtouch 330 modem on my desktop PC. Because I do not want to be connected to the Internet when I am not using the PC, I disconnect, ie. I right click on the Tiscali Broadband icon and disconnect. The ADSL light on the modem remains on, so my question is: Can my PC still be accessed via the phone line or am I completely disconnected from the Internet and free from attack?
Does anyone know the answer please?

A:XP and Internet Disconnection

You're safe - the MODEM remains on as your Broadband connection is "always on" but only as far as the MODEM once you've disconnected from it. You could turn off the MODEM but it would only slow things down waiting for it to find the signal when you need it next.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-and-internet-disconnection.974178/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have 3 computers at home .I have high speed dsl with Acanac in Toronto,canada.
High speed internet is working good on all 3 .Two of them have windows xp pro and one has windows 7 home premium.
My high speed internet is connected through telephone line.
When some one call on telephone ,one with win-7 get disconnected while 2 with win-xp work fine without disconnection.Please advise me how to fix this problem??

A:Internet disconnection.

Are the XP systems connected via Ethernet or wifi?
Is the Windows 7 system " " ?

If Windows 7 is wifi, try Ethernet.

Make sure that all phones have the DSL filter connected.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/internet-disconnection-528099.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I use airtel 3g internet service,i use nokia C5 03 as modem and usb data cable as connecting the two.my operating system is windows 7.My problem is that after connecting to internet ,the internet conection disconnects automatically after exactly 3 hours.(exactly after 3 hours).I cannot find where this time limit is? Is it in phone or in pc??

A:Internet disconnection

It would be your wireless (phone) network. I would contact your Wireless provider. This could be a time limit as you mentioned to reserve internet usage on your Wireless network for other customers. This might be controlled through the wireless network not your phone or pc. This is just a logical guess I could be wrong.

Contact your wireless provider

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/internet-disconnection-618755.html
Relevancy 38.27%

i use an advent 7091 laptop, and it has an agere HDA modem, v6081. the operating system i s windows xp home edition. whenever i connect to the internet, the connection breaks after about 20 minutes. i have tried installing other drivers but the situation remains the same.please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/modem-disconnection.642287/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an XP Pro system using a Thunderbird 850 MHz CPU and 512 Mb RAM.
I am using a Lucent Winmodem and am experiencing a lot of disconnections.
I live in a rural area and am experiencing electric fence clicks every couple of seconds. Each pulse is approx. 100ms in duration.
I want to extend the keep alive settings so that I do not get disconnected every couple of minutes.
I know I should probably to the surfing to find the answers but with my disconnection rate it is becoming almost impossible even to read my own email.

Please help.

My email address is [email protected]

A:Disconnection problems

wow dude. I'm running Thunderbird 800 w 320mb ram but that's beside the point.

Problems with disconnection in rural area's is pretty common. You may, or may not be able to do anything about it. Let me explain.

I hope I'm not 'out of line' by thinkin' that modem (sounds familiar) is a dial-up.
I'm thinking your problem is mainly caused by noise on the phone line. By noise I mean interference, like static when you are talking on the phone, or those "clicks" you talked about. That normally wouldn't be a problem if you are talking, but computers don't understand static, so they disconnect. That noise may be locally, like right in your house.

Is anyone running any other electronics in or near your house, like CB radios, cordless phones, etc. etc. I mean, it can be as simple as a hair dryer running on the same power source as your computer or phone line, you are running an electric fence from your house, or it could be that the main phone line serving your area is just maxed out. Like too many phone calls going on. Those calls will probably kick you off, because they take priority on a line that was made for phone calls, not made for internet.

Thing is, those old rural phone lines are very vulnerable to interference and over capacity problems. You can help eliminate interference from your own house by getting a phone line noise filter and using it on your modem line. It goes where your modem plugs into the wall. It sometimes can help eliminate those "clicks" that are the cause of your getting booted off.

While this might help with line noise from your house, it won't help if the problem is due to overcapacity (too many calls on your town line).

I'm thinkin' the phone line noise filter will help because it's probably a interference problem within your own house, or a nearby electrical appliance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnection-problems.296929/
Relevancy 38.27%

My Internet disconnects everytime some thing called Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet Controller is active or a Local Area Connection 2. I navigate to device manager and uninstall the Ethernet Controller completley of the system.
I then have to restart the system and my internet connection is fine. But a pop-up then appears trying to install the Ethernet Controller again.

I am new to this so i do not know what information you need...
Here are the basics:-

Windows Vista Home Premium
Service Pack 1
64 X2 Dual-Core Processor
Memory (RAM) - 1.00 GB
32-bit operating system
Any Help Will Be Great Thanks So Much

A:Internet Disconnection!!!

Hey Mjwilson,

Your system is working just as it should, if all you are doing is clicking the uninstall. It is meant to install new (unistalled) hardware every time it starts up.

Instead of uninstalling, see if clicking 'disable' helps. This will endure through restarts, and the system should treat the hardware as though it were not there at all.

Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/237109-internet-disconnection.html
Relevancy 38.27%

im sorry to bother you about this but i need a bit of help ive got somewhere but still having some troubles to begin with my computer was running really slow sometimes i could only start the computer up and it would crash at start up also my internet connection keeps disconnecting every minutes and when i reconnect it tells me quot Error the ppp link control protocol was terminated quot then when i redail it connects this happens every time i get disconnected I thought i would start from scratch and restore xp but this never helped so i went online updated norton and downloaded windows sp i also got windows defender to stop spyware After scanning my computer i found quite a few viruses and malware which fixed the speed of my computer but not my internet connection so i dwonloaded more anti spyware software such as spycather ewido trend micro spybot search and destroy all of which had similar actions after scanning they would find spyware that other software had not which would fix the problem for the night but when i restarted the computer the next morning i had the same troubles the only thing i can think of problems disconnection is that some kind of spyware is on my start up menu but i cant tell the difference between system programs and spyware can you give any ideas also these are the anti virus software i am using - norton anti virus avg pc doc pro once again im sorry to bother you about this ive really tried to fix the problem on my own but ive tried disconnection problems everything to get my connection fixed and nothing seems to work thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

I have disconnection Intermittent a cable modem with a wireless router DLink DIR- attached The router has one PC connected via cable and laptops connected via wireless All but one system experience no problems However one of the Intermittent disconnection laptops drops its network connection approximately every - hours If I disconnect via network connections and then reconnect it does so Also if I just leave it alone it will reconnect after about minutes or so on its own While down the icon for the connection says it is still connected Before I connect I show green bars but immediately after connecting it usually drops to or The HP is about ft door wall typical interior from the router My Acer Netbook in the same location gets a stronger connection despite having just a G adapter I have connected the laptop HP Pavilion zd straight to the modem and the problem does not occur When the problem occurs I cannot ping the default gateway or access other systems on the LAN No web FireFox or IE or email Thunderbird access All systems are running XP SP The HP version of XP is Media Center It uses a D-Link DWA- Notebook Adapter The router is set up for a Dynamic ip DHCP connection The network is secured - WPA - personal Mode is Auto WPA or WPA The firmware is up to date I am not knowledgeable re networks and my knowledge of systems generally is limited I just use them Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Intermittent disconnection

One possibility is that multiple wireless utiities are running; e.g., XP's WZC and D-Link's. Or maybe there is an HP WLAN. If you are using the D-Link utility make sure that Wireless Zero Configuration is not started and that its Startup Type is 'Disabled' (Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-disconnection.767151/
Relevancy 38.27%

I don't understand that everytime I exit a website I am automatically disconnected from the internet. The only way I can avoid this is to leave a window minimized, but if I close out of the only page I am on, I am knocked off...why does this happen? I have never had this problem before it just started about 5 months ago.....

A:unwanted disconnection

In your Internet Options > Connections > Advanced dialup settings, UNcheck "disconnect when no longer needed".

You actually should be getting a prompt before the disconnection takes place, when this feature is checked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unwanted-disconnection.414301/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey.
For like two months now I get a disconnection every EXACTLY 30 minutes for about 1 second.
It can sometimes happen once or twice, and sometimes it happens for hours (every 30 mins dc)
The message I get is:
Reply from balbllalbalbla
PING: transmit failed. general failure
Request timed out
Request timed out
Request timed out
I'd appreciate your help because it's getting really annoying!

A:Disconnection issues

I am assuming you are using the ping command? If so what are you pinging? Is it a website or a device on your network?

Also are you using the -t switch? This would constantly send ICMP ping requests to the device essentially creating a mini DoS attack. Some webservers may disconnect you if they suspect you are trying to attack them which you essentially are with the ping -t command.

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/294887-disconnection-issues.html
Relevancy 38.27%

okay so here is my problem i have machienes running on my network a xbox and laptops they all use the internet now Disconnection Internet after browsing or talking on msn or whatever i m doing the internet will randomly cut off from my laptop and mine only the other two devices will be perfectly fine and un-effected my laptop will remain connected to the network but not the internet it will take a few seconds then reconnect to it with a all new local ip address i have Internet Disconnection no idea what is causing Internet Disconnection this but it is a very big neusence i have not checked if it disconnects at a random time or if the time it disconnects Internet Disconnection is the same each time my laptop is a acer aspire g and my wireless reciever is a D-Link DWA- my router is a belkin g but i do not use the belkin s option i have my network set up so the belkin is a defult access point and i use my modem s options which is a speedstream can anyone please help my disconnection problem it would be much appreciated Matt nbsp

A:Internet Disconnection

Hey matt,

Ok go to ipconfig /all check to see how long your lease optained and lease expires it normally is a day but if this is set to something much smaller this could be your problem. Your router acting as a DHCP server maybe reassigning your machine with a new session this could be the reason so just check this out.

Also what is the distance between your access point and the laptop that is having problems?? The connection might be in and out of the allowed radius!

Check these two things and get back to me

Leon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnection.813760/
Relevancy 38.27%

When I open programs, a window appears prompting me to connect to the internet. When i am connected in the internet, my computer is automatically disconnected.

spyware doctor detects this:

Zango appears to be a hijacker. www.zango.com say it directs you to websites of interest. The search engine does work, but after a short time it resets your home page to about:blank and offers you a choice of search catregories.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\i-lookup.com

It keeps on appearing after every scan even after removal.

Please help, thank you!

A:automatic disconnection

i installed spyware blaster hoping. i updated and ENABLED ALL PROTECTION. whenever i run it again, protection from four sites are always disabled:

coolwebsearch hookup.com
coolwebsearch teensguru.com
ofshoreclicks offshoreclicks.com
xxxtoolbar xxxtoolbar.com

thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-disconnection.304510/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi people I need some help on a puzzling problem My ISP TPG has said that my net keeps Disconnection Continous disconnecting due to a high capacitence in the line I recently joined them as well and it is adsl They said it means a device is unfiltered but I already made sure they are all plugged in and have re-plugged them I called them up and they said it could be that my adsl line to the phone socket is too long m approx they said it affects the inteference or something and it could be causing the disconnections I was told to get the adsl line to metres max but I would have to get a long ethernet cable I then decided Continous Disconnection to check if their was a problem with the filters I tried them both on each socket but I still had disconnections There is hardly a chance both are faulty However when i tried the adsl line with no device connected it did not disconnect at all but I do need a phone However the other phone socket had a disconnection when tested My adsl modem router is TP Link and the filters being TP Link as well S A or something So really my first question is if the length of the adsl cable to the phone socket actually matters some of my friends say it doesn t but I really don t know whether to waste money on an ethernet cable Another is whether anyone has ideas of what could be wrong Thanks PS I m sorry it is a super long post nbsp

A:Continous Disconnection

Well, they seem to have narrowed down the issue to your interior wiring. If you're using flat cable to connect to your modem from the phone jack to your modem, that IS a problem, and can create the very issue you are talking about.

Here's my fix for interior wiring for DSL/ADSL installations.

Purchase a DSL splitter and install it at the telco NID (Network Interface Device). This is the place the telephone lines come into your home wiring, usually either in the basement or outside near the other utilitiy connections. Run a direct line from the DSL port on the splitter directly to the DSL modem. Connect all of the other phone instruments to the telephone output of the DSL splitter. All of the DSL analog side wiring should be CAT3 or better twisted pair from the telco service entrance to the DSL/ADSL modem. You can use one of the twisted pairs in CAT5 cable if you have that on hand. The splitter I've used in the past is the Wilcom PS-36, it's good for any DSL/ADSL service worldwide.

This is as good as it gets for DSL installations, and will usually solve in-house wiring issues.

Here's a good detailed description of the process: DSL Wiring Upgrade Tutorial

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continous-disconnection.822217/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have AOL's AIM version instant messenger and I never have any problems with disconnection. 6 frequent AIM it other than the AIM 6 frequent disconnection. fact that it always disconnects from its server This doesn't happen for any of my friends - only me My thoughts were that it could be my location where I live is up on a mountain and we don't exactly get the best of connection even with our cell phones We always lose service and have to move around to regain the lost service When my friends or family even come up to visit they have to move around to get better service too But even my cell phone doesn't lose as much service as AIM loses connection Every time I lose connection I get this message from AOL quot AOL System Msg PM Your screen name is now signed into AOL Instant Messenger in locations To sign off the other location s reply to this message with the number Click here for more information quot So in result to that I always respond to AOL with the number which signs off the other location s Once I actually took the time to read this message I realized it read quot Your screen name is now signed on into AOL Instant Messenger from locations quot That had made me think there was a keylogger of some sort on my computer so I ran about three scans daily AVG and Malwarebytes but the results came out that there was nothing wrong with my computer Then I clicked where it said quot Click here for more information quot and that gave me this quot The instant message you received was sent to notify you that your screen name is currently signed into the AOL Instant Messaging Network more than once This can occur if you log onto AIM and AOL on the same PC This message is sent to help you manage your instant messaging sessions across PC-based and wireless clients quot This was a false statement by AOL whenever I am on AIM I am not on AOL mail Another reason why this had nothing to do with my problem was because it always disconnected then reconnected before I received the message from AOL I never really did figure out what the cause of my disconnection was I went through at least seven screen names and countless theories hoping for this mysterious disconnection to stop but it never did Only one person knows my password - my very trustworthy best friend who never logs onto my account and I never gave it to anyone else There are absolutely no signs of a keylogger being on my computer none of my other accounts anywhere else other than AIM did this The only reasonable theory I came up with was that my connection was bad due to my inconvenient location whenever I was at a friend's house and went on my account nothing like this happened So what I basically need help with is why this is happening and any possible way to get it to stop If anyone has any information on this that could possibly help me out no matter what it had to do with I would really appreciate it Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243922/aim-6-frequent-disconnection/
Relevancy 38.27%

ISP KEEPS CUTTING OFF HAVE TRIED TO UPDATE DRIVER RESET COMOS TO FAIL SAFE DEFAULTS OPENED NETWORK CONNECCT Issue Isp Disconnection WIZARD DEVICE MGR Isp Disconnection Issue SAYS MODEM FINE WORKING PROPERLY RECENT LOAD OF WIN XP HAD TO CALL IN TO VALIDATE ANY IDEAS ONE SUGGESTION WAS TO CHANGE PORT SPPED TO THE MODEMS SAYS IS AT COM IS THAT THE PRINTER PORT SHOULD MODEM BE MOVED TO PORT ONE OR TWO Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes Isp Disconnection Issue C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files wmconnecta wmtray exe C Program Files wmconnecta wwm exe C WINDOWS System PackethSvc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C DOCUME RICHAR LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homeroom indstate edu wcb schools ARTSCI lifs tmulkey O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - Global Startup Wal-Mart Connect Tray Icon lnk C Program Files wmconnecta wmtray exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - no file O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - no file O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS system Shdocvw dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft c ls en x client wuweb site cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip D F - - D B-A C- EBAA NameServer nbsp

A:Isp Disconnection Issue

got REPLY cannot find it
tech asked what message appears
it says wal mart lost your connection if this persists call 1 800 something
i did the man in Pakistan said update the driver
i have updated driver agere pci soft

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/isp-disconnection-issue.299534/
Relevancy 38.27%

i disconnection getting keep my laptop have macbook which i used duel boot to install windows xp pro but i have been having problem with the wireless network it was working great for about a day but after that I m keep getting DC for about min to hour and it just connect itself again during this time no matter how many time i restart my macbook it won t connect to my wireless network at all I have other computer that have no problem at all so i know that its not my wireless router Thing i have try my laptop keep getting disconnection to fix this restart computer reinstall wireless driver repair option from wireless restart my router it connect but get disconnect after min and so far non of them fix the problem i have also scan for virus to see if virus was the problem but non found my firewall is off windows firewall ps DC seem to be happen every day for hour to hour and then it reconnect to my router by itself nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-keep-getting-disconnection.1010595/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I m not entirely sure whether this should go in the networking section or the XP section but I hope you can help I recently re-formatted my computer and installed everything fine I use a BT Voyager router and I installed the software Everything goes smoothly but now I ve realised whenever I connect a USB device Be it a memory stick External Hard drive or a mouse Keyboard the internet disconnects and it says quot Aquiring Network Address quot with a little yellow ball on the computer down the bottom in the toolbar Problem Disconnection :( This also happens when I accept a call on skype and when I insert a disc I m not sure if it s some sort of software confliction I use Windows to configure my Network Oh and I m no Service Pack Any help would be greatly appreciated As you can imagine it s very annoying If it s in the wrong section tell me and I ll post it in the right one Thanks x nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

When ever I port forward to be able to host in WC3 I will always get disconnected in 5 to 10 minutes. The internet just drops for me.
I have a Linksys going to a DLink and I'm using the DLink upstairs.
I does not drop if I don't have it port fowarded

Can I make it not drop me and still be able to host WC3 Games?

DLink - WBR-2310

Relevancy 38.27%

I'm having to deal with an annoying internet problem. I'm using DSL, the fastest package possible, but I get disconnected at the same time of every hour for a split second.

This is really frustrating when I play competitive online games. Any help would be appreciate it.

Relevancy 38.27%

Hello I ve had cable internet for about Years now and for the past years i ve had random disconnects when i would be gaming watching youtube videos or downloading it still says connected to the internet mbps but when i go to mozilla firefox or anything i am doing it says Cannot Find Server to everything i called the dns company they came over they said it s not a problem with them but failed to help in helping with the problem so what could be caused by this occuring it only happens on this computer no other computers on my network i even plugged in my old gateway xp computer and it is fine it never gets disconnects i ve check if all my drivers are up to date they are but i am unable to check my modems update as there is no website provided for it and Internet Disconnection it was provided by my cable company Internet Disconnection also it seems to happen when im watching videos over mins on youtube or downloading files over mbs or playing games such as rappelz wow cod or chatting in msn xfire etc and it likes to disconnect alot pm onward o O dunno if that was useful but hope it Internet Disconnection helps will post my dxdiag and hijackthis log below My Internet Disconnection Modem Name Is Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller All Help Will Be Apreciated Thanks In Advance Nick Please help EDIT to get the internet working again i have to restart the computer nbsp

A:Internet Disconnection

The last time I came across this we fixed it with a replacement network card. More often than not this sort of issue is caused by a hardware fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-disconnection.109910/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

Im struggling to resolve a problem with a clients win2k DC.

The server has ADSL through a usb modem and shares out access through a gateway/firewall.

Whenever the internet connection is disconnected it also takes the server off the internal network.

I can ping the server but loose domain access.

Anyone got any ideas?

thanks
Matt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-2k-dc-with-disconnection-problem.255297/
Relevancy 38.27%

I'm having a very simple and straight forward problem After From Internet Disconnection running Windows XP for about an hour I will get completely disconnected from the internet Browsers will not connect to any sites and I won't even be able to use online games etc I'm also having other various problems such as strong difficulty installing uninstalling many programs scvhost exe Disconnection From Internet or svchost exe errors and also Panda Security virus scan stating it removed Viruses and that my LSP may need to be reinstalled or restored I got a breif message asking if I wanted it restored but I was lost in thought and didn't click it so it just faded away Since then I haven't Disconnection From Internet been able to find a way to fix up my LSP I've also tried HijackThis but with mild effect Believe it or not all of this happened after my friend installing a new video card a ATI Radeon X Going from a MB to MB Right now we just installed the older one back and are still suffering from some problems Disconnection From Internet If that didn't start it then I'm sure I just caught a nasty virus Help would be very appreciated Btw I'm running WinXP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disconnection-from-internet-266571.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I have been having a disconnection issue with a Disconnection Issue. game Kingdom of Drakkar It s the only game or program I am having a problem with Basically Disconnection Issue. it is randomly getting hung up If I go AFK in chat for a bit and come Disconnection Issue. back and switch to Available my name will still be labeled AFK and soon after the login screen will popup It will also disconnect randomly with the login screen poping up if I am browsing the internet and have it running in back ground so as far as I know it s not the cable internet disconnecting Also if I am playing in game it will get hung up I am on comcast cable and have a router hooked up I installed this game on another computer on the network and had the same issue So I am thinking it s the router or ISP As I said it s the only game that gets hung up I also play League of Legends and World of Warcraft with no problems Any suggetions would be helpful I have tried reinstalled making sure the firewall is allowing it and opening the port for the game with nothing resolving it Any help or suggetions would be appreciated Thank you Edit One more point when I click on the game to load it it actually takes about - seconds to load The only time it loads normal or quickly is after I initially load it like if I start it up exit out then start it again it pops right away But if I log out and go to log on later it takes a significant amount of time to start nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disconnection-issue.1009494/
Relevancy 38.27%

When roadrunner hiccups, I lose my 'net cnnection. I have a 802.11b wireless conection (Linksys) to a cable hub.

My mom(ME) and my sister(98) can still connect after, I cannot' connect though (XP)

A:Frequent Disconnection from 'net

you might try going to Start>>Run, then type command

Once there try typing ipconfig /release (you might want to do this twice)
Then type ipconfig /renew. This should take care of it and renew your ip address with your router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-disconnection-from-net.7336/