Windows Support Forum

Laptop doesnt recognise memory card?

Q: Laptop doesnt recognise memory card?

Hey i got this laptop about 6 or 7 months ago and it has always had the problem where it wouldnt recognise the micro SD card that I put into the slot.

I have the Acer travelmate 5710 and am using two memory adaptors one is a 'DSE' and a sandisk microSD/transflash adaptor (I have a microSD 2GB card.)

when i insert it, a little remove safely comes up in the bottom tool bar and in 'My computer' there is a little picture of a memory card and i double click it, then it says "Please insert a disk into drive F" and im like, err there is a disk in there (my memory card) Do I have the memory card drive ( F: ) configured as a CD drive instead of memory card drive? Help me please someone.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop doesnt recognise memory card?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop doesnt recognise memory card?

unfortunately not all laptop use all different brands of memory.
make sure you know the max amount of memory the system takes if you exceed that it will not reconize it and also find out what the brnd was originally and go with that brand but to answer the sd question see if there is a bios upgrae as well as removeable drive drivers on there website. if not you are out of luck. sorry if i got carrie away in the beginning lol. good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-recognise-memory-card.107784/
Relevancy 80.41%

I have been using Sound Blaster Live 5.1 digital Sound Card Model No SB0220 for several years with Windows XP. Loaded W7, does not recognise Sound Card. Tried to load Sound Blaster software from original disk however this method failed also. Begins to load but then it just stops and I get a message saying that sound card is faulty. Has anyone else had the same problem? appreciate advice on the issue.

A:Windows 7 doesnt recognise sound card

Did you check with the Windows 7 Compatibility Center to make sure your sound card can be used with Windows 7? If it is compatible, it might just be a case of finding the correct drivers. Try visiting your sound card manufacter website to download current drivers for Windows 7. If Windows 7 drivers are not available, the Vista drivers may work.

Hope this helps! Let us know if you are still having issues.

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/69677-windows-7-doesnt-recognise-sound-card.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My nvidia geforce mx440 64MB is recoginised during post but windows doesnt recognise it once it boots up. Windows doesnt show it in device manager, it only shows an SiS adapter which only has 16mb of memory. I'm using an intel 865 motherboard and i think it has it own adapter however it doesnt have a port to connect the monitor. I've tried tweaking with all bios settings i can find but it is still not recognised by windows. What could be the problem?

thanks guys

A:Windows doesnt recognise my nvidia gf mx440 card

I am not that shure what the problem is but are the drivers installed propley!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-doesnt-recognise-my-nvidia-gf-mx440-card.41617/
Relevancy 72.24%

hi. i have a samsung galaxy portal. my computer doesn't recognise the memory card in the phone. it has an 8gb memory card which the phone recognises but the computer doesn't.
it comes up with removable disc (d) , but when i click on this it says please insert a disc?
i have gone into property for this removable disc (d), and it says all the free space has gone on the memory card? the device is working properly, but there is nothing on the card!
any ideas?
maybe it is the phone as i can't get it to save anything on the card, and my phone memory is full!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-recognise-memory-card.968392/
Relevancy 72.24%
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi thereI have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop which runs Windows XP service pack and I use IE Please note im very much a computer novice and I thought this was the most appropraite forum for me to post for help if this is not the case please kindly avise me where I should post The please my inserted? dont when Help CD/DVD drive reader recognise inbuilt memory stick CD card or and best way Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted? I can describe the problem is I used to be able to for example insert my memory stick from my camera into my inbuilt memory card reader and the photos would automatically just pop up on the screen and I could go from there I have also tried a diffrent card with the same problem Nowdays I put the memory card in the reader and it makes a click noise and goes in ok but nothing happens On the task bar on the bottom right I get a little icon appear that says it safe to remove once card is removed icom disappears Also using the inbuilt CD DVD drive I use to be able to input a CD DVD in the drive and it would autimatically pop Windows Media Player and I was away nowdays I place a CD in the light flashes showing its doing something but nothing happens nor does Windows Media Player pop up I have tried on occasion to bring up Windows Media Player manually and on occasion through trial and error on same occasions I can get the CD DVD to play other times I just give up My question is it used to all work perfectly yet now I have these issues orginally I put it down to an older computer live with it but after using google it looks like it may be fixable This computer novice seek s your help in that area thanks in advance

A:Help please my inbuilt card reader and CD/DVD drive dont recognise memory stick or CD when inserted?

Do a System Restore, choose a date prior to this problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368016/help-please-my-inbuilt-card-reader-and-cddvd-drive-dont-recognise-memory-stick-or-cd-when-inserted/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have an Everex Stepnote XT T laptop It has its own internal wireless card that has given own won't Laptop card its wireless recognise me no trouble for a year Then one day I wake up and I cannot access the internet on my laptop I think I have narrowed down the problem to the card itself I know the internet Laptop won't recognise its own wireless card is ok because I am using it to write this and I know there is something specifically wrong with my laptop because I live in an appartment complex where I Laptop won't recognise its own wireless card should pick up at least Laptop won't recognise its own wireless card different signals and I cant even find the window that shows all of the available wireless connections I reformated my computer and when i try to install the drivers for wlan from Everex s website i get the pop up error quot The files you wish to remove will not be removed as the corrosponding card is not inserted quot This is not a removable wireless card it is the card that came installed in the laptop Any thoughts nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

So in February I ordered my kid an inspiron as first computer Later slot, card 11- per supposed have memory tag it it doesnt service is to inspiron but I decided to upgrade inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt the memory and I called Dell and provided my service Tag Dell told me it had a GB memory card and I could upgrade to a GB card I ordered the card and disassembled my computer to find there is no slot to upgrade After an hour on the phone inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt I find out inspiron 11- per service tag it is supposed to have memory card slot, but it doesnt that what I am looking at is one with a fixed memory module I told them that per my service tag it is supposed to have a slot and be upgradeable They told me there is nothing they can do So I say how bout you exchange this for one that has what I ordered They say since its over the days there is no way to return or exchange I said even though its your fault Am I being unreasonable All I want is what I ordered After a few more calls to India One person finally tells me there is a first and second generation of this laptop Ist gen has the fixed and the second has the replaceable So I tell them that per nbsp Dell tag nbsp this is supposed to be nd generation and therefor it was built wrong They again say quot we have a day no Hassel return quot and your over that Any suggestions folks I m sick of beating my head against the wall with these people

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992563
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi

I assume I have a hardware problem with my DVD RW DRIVE (E) and will have to spend money to fix it or most likely replace it, but when i insert a cd into it i can hear the noise of what sounds like the driver trying to read the cd but thats it... nothing else happends. I have a dell M1330 XPS (5yrs old) using Vista 32bit. The drive is MATSHITA DVD +-RW UJ-857G ATA and its status is "This device is working properly." (which i certainly take issue with).

If anyone can shed any light on possible solutions I'd be greatly appreciative.

thanks
Kroq

A:dvd: cd rom driver doesnt recognise anything is in it

This is very unlikely a "driver" issue. The ONLY driver for CD/DVD drives is the built in default Windows driver.

If "auto play" is not selected, when you insert a disc it will do exactly what you describe. If you click Start/Computer and then click on the drive does the contents appear? If they do, then the problem is just auto play has been disabled.

This can be a drive hardware problem, but can also just be a Windows status corruption, even if the Device Manager shows it as "working Properly". In fact, go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for the drive to highlight it and then LEFT click "uninstall". Then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the drive. This fixes a lot of device problems.

I checked the Dell downloads for the M1330 CD/DVD drive firmware and there is nothing listed for the drive you list.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/259885-dvd-cd-rom-driver-doesnt-recognise-anything.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I bought a brand new burner LG GSA-H N then replaced by a Samsung SH-S M This is my first dvd doesnt DVD recognise DVD any Burner burner and after installing it a tried to read and DVD Burner doesnt recognise any DVD write dvds I had difficulty in reading any dvd no dvd-r were read just a few dvd r I managed to burn a benq rw and a verbatim r dvd but no more Afterwards i replaced mi lg by a samsung hoping to have my problem solved but it s exactly the same problem Now no verbatim benq princo can be DVD Burner doesnt recognise any DVD read DVD Burner works fine installed on other PC Windows message quot Incorrect Function quot like on any heavy scratched dvd but the burner seems to read the dvd it s like a software error System specs AMD XP MB Matsonic MS C MB DDR Windows XP SP DVD burner master secondary drive Nero Standard checks applicated DMA is correct IDE cable is correct Windows has no known problem spyware driver error Toshiba DVD-ROM slave primary drive capable of reading DVD Burner doesnt recognise any DVD supported media Thanks in advance sorry for my english nbsp

A:DVD Burner doesnt recognise any DVD

you're not trying to burn a DVD in CD mode are you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-doesnt-recognise-any-dvd.67931/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I am running XP Home sp3 and have just installed a new 1tb WD 3.5 sata to increase storage my xp is on a 260gb SATA.

Bios sees the new 1tb HDD but when in XP/my computer it is not there.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Relevancy 64.07%

my everest ultimate edition doesnt recognize my gpu and only notes the adapter in the windows video category, neither doesnt it recognize the gpu in the overclocking category, so i have no clue what my real time clock is for my gpu, im wondering if its a hardware controller problem. any thoughts?

A:EVEREST doesnt recognise GPU

Possibly your GPU is too new

You may want to inform Everest through their Support Mail asking to include your GPU (giving all details and specs)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everest-doesnt-recognise-gpu.99012/
Relevancy 64.07%

Can anyone help please...

My Dell M60 does NOT recognise my DVD R/RW Player.

1. Nor does it appear at all when I look under MY COMPUTER

2. ... and when I look in Device Manager I see 2 errors: Secondary IDE Channel This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12) Communications Port (COM4) This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Help!
steve

A:Dell M60 doesnt recognise DVD R/RW

You need to replace the DVD R/W drive. Not hard to do but rather expensive for the part

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-m60-doesnt-recognise-dvd-r-rw.90912/
Relevancy 64.07%

Everytime I start windows or doesnt recognise like that USB's something Windows I get a quot Found New Hardware quot PCI device I cannot install automatically because it cannot find the software My USB peripherals wont show up although my Windows doesnt recognise USB's or something like that ps and sound ports are all fine I forgot how this began it was quite a few months ago and after holiday I just forgot about it anyway my stats are XP pro SP ghz quad core gb ram In Device Manager I get exclamation marks for quot other quot devices PCI device PCI Slot PCI bus device function This device is not configured correctly Device instance ld PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV amp C amp amp and Unknown device on PCI bus Drivers not Windows doesnt recognise USB's or something like that installed Device Instance ld ACPI ATK In quot usb quot I do not get exclamation marks however I know they arent working because my mp player is Windows doesnt recognise USB's or something like that not being picked up or any other peripheral I plug in Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller LocationCI bus device function Device is working properly yeah right Device Instance LdCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS BC amp REV A amp E FE amp amp There s also a quot standardOpenHCD USB Host Controller quot and quot USB Root Hub quot for more info just ask me Thank you so much in advance oh and I have tried systerm Restore to no avail nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

a FRIEND HAS GIVEN ME HIS ACER TO LOOK AT IT DOES NOT RECOGNISE KEYBOARD OR MOUSE ANY IDEAS? THANKS; DAVE.

A:Computer Doesnt Recognise Usb

Hello & Welcome to TSF

this sounds like a driver issuse

try this

now what i you need to do is go to your (device manager)

now once there you will want to select from the toolbar of the window(veiw) then a drop down menu / from it you will select (show all hidden devices)

now if you see any (red or yellow) quotation marks , make a note of what they

now scroll down to your (USB Device Tree) and (uninstall)all that it is shown / then shut your sysem down compleatly then unplug all (USB Devices) then rebot your system 2 to 3 times

this will cause Windows to rebuild the (USB Device Treee & Drivers)

now try hooking up your (USB Devices) and see if they work properly

dont wory about the keyboard & mouse pad

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-doesnt-recognise-usb-317831.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I have a brand New doesnt Win drive or USB recognise thumb 7 CD's!!! Asus X F It works absolutely fine and is a fantastic machine However when i plug in my usb thumb drive Win 7 doesnt recognise USB thumb drive or CD's!!! so i can transfer files it installs the drivers correctly but has no auto play and does not show on My Computer It does however show up on disk management I had tried formatting the thumb drive and changing the drive letter yet Windows will still not show it on My Computer I also have the same problem when i insert DVD's and CD's no autoplay not on my computer but showing on Disk Management I recently changed some partions i made a second partion labelled Z so that my docs save there and not in the C partion C partion is primarily for Windows crap I do know that this isnt the cause as i have always had the problem i am just trying to give you as much info as possible I believe this is very common with Windows it seems that every time Microsoft try and make things better the scew up elsewhere I have Windows Home Premium Service Pack -bit Any help would be much appreciated as I need to use thumbdrives and cd's for work Many thanks oh and if the answer is quite technical please use simple English if possible

A:Win 7 doesnt recognise USB thumb drive or CD's!!!

see if this helps you.. Windows 7 - Notices but does not 'see' external usb hard drive

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win-7-doesnt-recognise-usb-thumb-drive-or-cds-578540.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi, i am running xp2 pro, i have 4 h/drives the c drive was partitioned @ 3--c,d&e, a few weeks ago my pc went wonky (virus) this lost me a few installation files so it was suggested that i run a xp disc in repair mode, i did this but it has wiped out all my programmes & it doesnt recognise my 3 remaining h/drives, i have been into the bios & it says that these drives have not been recognised, how can i reinstall them ?

A:xp doesnt recognise hard drives

How many hard drives are physically installed ? It sounds like you have 2 , one of which has three partitions .
What interface are the HDs ? SATA or IDE ?
Did you use Recovery Console or Repair instal ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-doesnt-recognise-hard-drives.751478/
Relevancy 63.64%

i havent used my ipod for a little while but recently i downloaded the new itunes and began adding all my music (music which i listen to using Winamp on my PC quite often) but when i try to add some albums to itunes it does nothing...sometimes it adds the music but when it plays it sounds like its skipping. is there something wrong with itunes??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/itunes-doesnt-recognise-my-music.120922/
Relevancy 63.64%

Okay to make it simple I installed vista ultimate with the extreme pack now Vista works fine after hours of messing around but I can't get the LS speakers from logitech to work I got recognise Vista speakers. doesnt my sennheiser headset working my cam my mic and whatnot but the speakers wont budge Now yes they are plugged in yes I tried both the front and Vista doesnt recognise speakers. back port Even if I use the same front plug as my headset which works it doesnt work They ARE plugged in the wall socket I get a feed from them when I plug them in I have my sigmatel drivers loaded both the digital output one and the speaker's headset one either or wont make my speakers work They arent muted the volume is set to be on on my keyboard as well as my computer and my speakers themselves Ive looked on logitech for a program or drivers they might be using and found none Im quite confused as to what else im supposed to do to make this work If you guys have any idea id appreciate it Oh right and I unfortunatly own a Dell Dimension XPS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-doesnt-recognise-speakers-310844.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi!
iv'e been having a problem with my new pc lately, it seems that the dvd writer doesnt recognise any disc inserted but powers up just fine. It uses a sata cable.

how do i fix this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-writer-doesnt-recognise-any-discs.118491/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey guys, Ive got a head scratcher here.

I have a PC that was running fine until someone connected some digital cameras and other peripherals.

After everything was disconnected she was getting blue screen errors. But now the comp wont boot and doesnt seem to see the HD or DVD-rom in the BIOS. I pulled the HD and tested it on another PC and it works. I can open it and see whats on it.

So I cant see either drive in the BIOS, I disconnected the HD and tried to boot with a Linux Live CD. And it just says 'Select proper boot device and restart pc'. I pulled the battery on the MOBO for a bit to reset BIOS. Then went in and tried to make sure HD was set to 1st. But it doesnt see any drives?!?!

Any other ideas what I should try?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hi ThereI logged in to my seller acount a week a go and was asked to validate as it didnt recognise my PC I thought a little odd but went through the process Several days later I went to list something else and again got told that they didnt recognise my computer So now I m thinking there s soemthing going on inside that the virus s w isnt picking up I ve managed to run DDS but GMER either crashed the PC or the s w freezes when I try to scan The initial scan at s w start up processes without problem but have now tried to runa full scan about times and blue screens amp prog crashes constantly I figure I d better ask someone I havent attacehd the the other logs just yet thought maybe better recognise PV Ebay keeeps doesnt reporting my it to wait t hear from someone ThanksThanks here s the DDS logs The initial scan at start up work son GMER if that helps Thanks Jesshi ya just a quick one I m a bit concerned as I need to log on to my bank amp pay Ebay keeeps reporting it doesnt recognise my PV some bills I m not sure if it s safe to consider doing this Do let me knowAll the bestMerged posts and removed my reply OB

A:Ebay keeeps reporting it doesnt recognise my PV

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329215/ebay-keeeps-reporting-it-doesnt-recognise-my-pv/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,

I bought Peter Jacksons King Kong for the PC yesterday. Its the full retail boxed copy, not a pirate verison. I installed it and then got the ubisoft message asking for the cd key. I have entered the cd key on the regisration card that came with the game but every time it tells me I have either input it incorrectly or its the wrong key. Ive tried in caps, lower case and both with and without the hyphend that separate every 4 characters. Its driving me up the wall. I've tried googling for advice but all I find are sites offering no-cd cracks. I dont need a crack, I need help in getting my copy to work.

Eco.

A:retail king kong doesnt recognise cd key

Check through Ubi's support - they may be able to provide you with a valid key if you can provide a receipt. (I know a friend of mine had to go through that avenue with his copy of Half-Life 2 - the legit key for his game had been swiped and used to register a pirated copy.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/retail-king-kong-doesnt-recognise-cd-key.525596/
Relevancy 62.35%

I downloaded the latest drivers, installed it and then plugged in the wireless receiver. But it says microsoft doesnt recognize the device.

Any Idea whats going on?

Thanks, Dyllan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-recognise-xbox-360-wireless-controller-for-pc.986753/
Relevancy 62.35%

My Gigabyte Motherboard (8PE667 Ultra) wont recognise the full speed of my cpu. I have a P4 2.4 and the motherboard only recognises it as a 1.2ghz. A friend was looking at it today and said it has something to do with the Jumpers, but couldnt find any jumpers on the motherboard, or any appropriate settings in the BIOS.

Could anyone please help me
Thanks

Relevancy 58.48%

Okay I did something really stupid It was late I was Memory on laptop A215-S7416 MicroSD the Express stuck Satellite slot Card Card my in in the dark and I wasn t paying attention obviously so here s what happened I had a SanDisk GB Micro SD Memory Card that I was using in my cell phone I wanted to transfer some pics amp photos from my computer to the phone so I decided to stick it in the Express Card slot of my laptop Simple enough right Well being the incredibly smart person that I am I put the micro memory card in the adapter but it was the wrong one So my computer pretty much swallowed it whole I can t MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop get it back out Now I can t use the Express Card slot in my computer AT ALL because the old one MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop is still stuck in there You can t really see it but if you try to put another adapter in there it won t quot click quot It won t go all the way because the old one I lost is still in there waiting to be rescued haha So my question is How do I get the memory card out of my computer I tried taking it apart but I couldn t get the part of where the express card slot is so that was no good There s a way to do this I know I m just not smart enough to figure it out on my own Which is probably a good thing because I might mess it up again lol I have a Toshiba Satellite A -S laptop Any help is appreciated Thanks -Ashley nbsp

A:MicroSD Memory Card stuck in the Express Card slot on my Satellite A215-S7416 laptop

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsd-memory-card-stuck-in-the-express-card-slot-on-my-satellite-a215-s7416-laptop.795517/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi..

I had an Old Motorola Pentium 2 Host system with 4 sticks of this ram... Sticks are 64 mb in size... Any ideas what type of ram..

Thx

Pictures for you..

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I am running XP with SP installed OK after I turned off AVG and ZA I have a Nikon Coolpix digital camera and a San Disk mb SD card I have installed the Nikon software without difficulty My PC has a card reader slot on the front along with the USB ports When I put the sd card in the reader and try to transfer the images the Nikon software tells me that there is card card[/B] reader [B]Internal recognise sd wont no memory card in the connected camera or the card reader The sd card does not show up in the removable storage on My Computer I have not been able to locate the card reader in device manager although I am not really sure what to look [B]Internal card reader wont recognise sd card[/B] for There is not any problem transferring the images via the USB cable so the problem does not seem to be with the sd card The forum on the fujitsu my PC is a fujitsu site is not currently up and running due to maintenance and the instructions supplied with the PC are not any help Any ideas on how to get the card reader working or how to [B]Internal card reader wont recognise sd card[/B] check that it is ok Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

I'm running XP Pro and recently installed a programme called PowerISO to extract a .daa file. As soon as I extracted and burned to disc using this programme, my E Drive was displayed as a CD Drive and no longer recognised my Buffalo 1GB memory stick (which always used to open on the E Drive).

I uninstalled PowerISO and the E Drive (CD Drive) went with it, but the PC still will not recognize the stick. I get a "bing" when I insert the stick in the USB port and the LED flashes green. Also the diagnostics in Device Manager tell me that both the USB Port and the Memory stick are working properly......and the stick works fine on the office computer.

What have I missed, please?

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone,
This is the first time I have posted on the site. Thanks in advance if you can help.
I have a VAIO portable computer. I recently "acquired" a 2Go memory key from the other side of the world, supposedly also Sony -it has the VAIO logo on the side, but with no software. Other systems recognise it but not mine. I cannot track down any software on the net.
Any ideas?

A:XP wont recognise my memory stick

What exactly happens when you plug the stick in? Windows Xp should have the driver preinstalled and should reconize it and then assign it a drive letter. Try the stick on a different computer if you can and see if the same thing happen. This way we can determine if it is the stick or the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-recognise-my-memory-stick-91674.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Could someone please tell me what I need to do to make XP recognise memory sticks. I tried two of these and nothing happened when I plugged them into the front USB slots. When I removed the stick however, the computer logged itself off. The sticks work in another PC and they contain photographs. What's happening? Do I need to install the sticks first?

A:XP fails to recognise memory stick

plug it in and see if disk management sees it. If not you will need to find the driver for it. If it does see it but no drive letter, right click it and assign a drive letter.

# Click Start, click Run, type compmgmt.msc, and then click OK.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-fails-to-recognise-memory-stick-577209.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a HP 17-G129DS.What size and speed memory card will my laptop be able to read and write to ?

A:memory card will my laptop be able to use

R-U-kidding-Me wrote:I have a HP 17-G129DS.What size and speed memory card will my laptop be able to read and write to ?Hi, Please verify what is your question, you asking for RAM ot for SD card ? For RAM your machine has Two SODIMM slots - NON customer accessible / upgradeableDDR3-1333MHz Dual Channel Support (DDR3L-1600 downgraded to DDR3-1333)DDR3L-1600-MHz Single Channel SupportSupports up to 16 GB of system RAM in the following configurations:? 16384-MB total system memory (81922)? 12288-MB total system memory (81921) + (40961)? 8192-MB total system memory (81921) or (40962)? 6144-MB total system memory (40961) + (20481)? 4096-MB total system memory (40961) or (20482) All standard DDR3 and DDR3L RAM sticks for laptops have same size. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/memory-card-will-my-laptop-be-able-to-use/td-p/5744375
Relevancy 54.18%
A:will any sd memory card do for acer laptop

HI George Pretty much any SD card will work in your Acer laptop, however, make sure you buy a well known make from a reputable dealer. There are quite a few fakes around, which will cause a lot of grief! You can use either standard SD or the newer SDHC ones if your laptop is made after 2007/8. If it is an old laptop, then use the standard SD.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/will-any-sd-memory-card-do-for-acer-laptop/td-p/407465/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 54.18%
A:will any sd memory card do for acer laptop

HI George Pretty much any SD card will work in your Acer laptop, however, make sure you buy a well known make from a reputable dealer. There are quite a few fakes around, which will cause a lot of grief! You can use either standard SD or the newer SDHC ones if your laptop is made after 2007/8. If it is an old laptop, then use the standard SD.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/will-any-sd-memory-card-do-for-acer-laptop/td-p/407465
Relevancy 54.18%

My samsung 16GB memory card is not getting detected in my laptop.
Even if I connect through my phone data card it's not detected. But it is working properly in my phone. I have been using it for 2 years.

A:Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

MerissaWalker said:

Have you tried it on other computers?Click to expand...

yes, even then it is not getting detected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-is-not-getting-detected-in-laptop.210753/
Relevancy 54.18%

My Compaq nx7400 has a pop-out tray on the left side, with 4 slots for memory cards - I think ?! I've tried loading an SD card into the tray & pushing the tray in - but without success..... Anyone know the correct way to use this weird plastic tray thingy ?? Thanks

A:How do I use the memory card slot on my laptop ??

Hi, I have a new G72-25OUS laptop, I'm wondering how to use the slot on the left side, that says SD-MS/Pro-MMC-XD? I assume its to put a SD card in from my camera to upload photos, do I just stick it in and if so, how do I get it out? I don't have a manual, didn't come with one and can't find info in the help section. Hope someone knows how to do this. Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-use-the-memory-card-slot-on-my-laptop/td-p/49651
Relevancy 53.75%

My Tecra R850-11U has 8GB (2x 4GB) memory inside. I am running W7 professional 64bit and the machine only shows 4GB as memory.

I allready upgraded the bios, but the bios also shows 4GB. I have 2 banks of original samsung memory in it; changed one to an kingston bank but it still doesn't show more than 4GB.

How can i solve this problem?? I like full memory

A:Tecra R850-11U doesn't recognise full memory

The chipset supports 8GB RAM so you should be able to use the 8GB.
But if the BIOS does not recognize the 8GB RAM then one of the modules could be faulty or not compatible with another module.

This is only and one plausible explanation for me

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?68090-Tecra-R850-11U-doesn-t-recognise-full-memory
Relevancy 53.75%

Never had an issue plugging my phone with my memory card attached to my laptop and nit pops up i could add tunes to the card etc i had microsoft office it would not delete or remove from my laptop i downloaded quot Revo unistaller pro quot and it took it right off like noones busi good program to use Laptop not? anymore,why recognizing SD not memory card my and virus free i d presonally recommend Howevermafter removing it it askes for a scan for any leftover folders relating to that specific progrma i deleted there were about - things Laptop not recognizing my SD memory card anymore,why not? left over related to that program alone i did delete all of those things mkaing sure it was for that program and nothing else now what does this have to do with my memory card not popping up anymore i ask ever since i did delete those extra folder and things related to microsoft my memory care ever since has not popped back up on my laptop nor does it even recognize when the card is there and i can t even find it anywheres on my laptop nowheres pure coincidence or ironic I m computer savy it s a s imple procedure to fix but i can t seem to correct it and um i d like to fix this so i can add more music back unto my card ok c mon people lil help here nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi Everybody.

Installing a GeForce2 MX 200 64MB with TV OUT into a Dell Dimension XPS R450 (PII 450 Mhz) 320MB RAM.

However I get the set of beeps (one long, two short) when switching the PC, which means it cannot recognise the video card.

Any ideas.

Cheers

Nick

A:won't recognise AGP card

What card did you have in it before you upgraded. Did you remove the old card before installing the new one.

Try to reseat the card in the slot, they can be fussy about getting good connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-recognise-agp-card.64519/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have a problem where my microphone do
doesnt actually work what it does when i try to talk anywhere ,such as a game or skype, is that it will playback all of my computer audio(Ex if im talking to someone on skype they will hear themselves instead of me) ive tried many things such as getting a sound card and messing around in the audio device setting in windows 10 but nothing seems to fix it. I am slowly losing hope. I am pretty sure this is a software problem but i cant seem to put my finger on what it is.
My computer specs:
Case:
Phantom 530
Motherboard:
MSI Gaming 5 z97
CPU:
I5-4790k
Ram:
16 Gigs of Kingston HyperX Fury Ram
Storage:
240 Gig Sandisk SSD
Generic 2 TB Toshiba 7200 RPM HDD
Optical Drive:
Generic (Rarely Use It)
-Peroxide

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-mic-doesnt-work-bought-sound-card-still-doesnt-work.1166213/
Relevancy 52.89%

My laptop doesnt have a memory card reader so I bought a USB memory card reader to be able to read my camera photos. I bought a standard run of the mill no brand memory card reader, it works perfectly fine on my desktop, when plugged in, the folder would run and open.

On my laptop, nothing happens (my folder autoruns for my external harddrive), and it doesnt appear in 'My Computer', I know it has been assigned g: so i run g: and I get this error message:

The file does not have a program associated with performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel.

I dont know what association to change or do when I'm in the control panel! I would appreciate any help! I really dont want to buy another memory card reader hyuk! Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-card-reader-works-on-desktop-but-not-on-laptop.577401/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello

These few days I am experiencing problems regarding either the memory card or laptop. Whenever I insert the memory card (Sandisk) first thing when the laptop turns it, It will either freeze the laptop until I remove it and 2-3 instances the laptop made a buzz noise and freeze hence I had to do a hard shut down.

I am getting loads of event error 15

The device, \device\Scsi\JMCR1, is not ready for access yet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/401606-when-i-insert-memory-card-laptop-will-freeze-until-i-remove.html
Relevancy 52.89%

ok memory reader card is duo slot? need it help even pro in i laptop possible? stick SD i was bored and got some homebrew for my ds but i needed some files off my psp memory stick and couldnt be bothered to charge memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help it as its dead and i cant find the charger so i thauhgt quot ill try it in my laptop sd card slot reader quot and after a some moments later bang autorun pops up with the memory stick icon on it all the files are accessable aswell now my question is HOW DID THIS WORK i looked in the slot and the pins are much to big spaces to fit all the pins on the card everyone know theres a size difference between sd and memorystick how did it work i didnt think there were duel sd and memory stick readers all the usb ones if seen have seperate slots this is memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help bugging me as it shouldnt that and i have to get it in just the right place to get it to work it doesnt seem to fit snug in the slot any idea on how the hell this is working thanks nbsp memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

A:memory stick pro duo in laptop SD card reader slot? it is even possible? i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-stick-pro-duo-in-laptop-sd-card-reader-slot-it-is-even-possible-i-need-help.662784/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have an HP Pavilion ze4560us laptop. The video card is a ATI Mobility Radeon 7500. I have two sticks of 256MB RAM, 64MB of which goes to the video card. I'm thinking of getting a stick of 512MB to pop in there. What I'm wondering is, can I increase the amount of memory that the card gets? What I would like to do is up the video card to 128MB. So..

Question 1:
Can I even do it?

Question 2:
Would it work?

Question 3:
Would it make a difference?

Thanks,
TB

A:Can you adjust shared video card memory on a laptop?

No you can't change the video card memory. :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-you-adjust-shared-video-card-memory-on-a-laptop.21339/
Relevancy 52.89%

Anything in bold is copy pasted from information elsewhere Laptop Acer Aspire v - g Windows NIVIDIA GeForce GT m Systemrequirementslab com sometimes spits at me that I have gb or gb dedicated video memory on my card and sometimes gb So I dediced to find out myself ---------------------- Start - gt Run - gt Msinfo - gt Components - gt Display I have One is obviously my GeForce Card Memory - NVIDIA Laptop Dedicated Intel HD Graphics quot Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory Adapter RAM GB bytes quot GB on the intel HD graphics sounds about right And the other is my NVIDIA GeForce GT M quot Adapter RAM bytes quot What's going on here msinfo suggests my card has MB of memory This laptop's graphics card should have GB or GB dedicated video memory Am I misunderstanding how my system memory is used Does it somehow use some of that ram as dedicated memory to my Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory card as well I haven't changed any settings nor know how to quot Installed Physical Memory RAM GB quot -------------------------------------------- NVIDIA Control Panel Help - gt System Information - gt Scroll down to the info quot Total available graphics memory MB quot quot Dedicated video memory MB DDR quot quot System video memory MB quot quot Shared system memory MB quot Ok this is looking more reasonable What is lying to me and why ---------------------- Can someone explain to me please I'm rather tech savvy usually with myself under going study for ICT mainly networking etc Any explanation would help greatly thanks Or directions to help change or fix what ever is going on if it's not correct Attached screenshots as reference to the information

A:Laptop NVIDIA GeForce Card - Dedicated Memory

The first screen shot suggests to me that the GT 750 has 4 gigs of onboard (dedicated) RAM and is using (sharing) 8 gigs of system RAM for a total of 12 gigs. Why it says 1 gig in system info I don't know? It might be its actually using the Intel graphics when you opened it. It's switchable graphics. Unless you forced it to use the NVidia GPU it may be using the Intel? You would think it would say Intel at the top though?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/68786-laptop-nvidia-geforce-card-dedicated-memory.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've recently just bought xp prof ed for my laptop which runs me but the problem is it won't recognise my pc card (nic) that i bought recently. Why is this as i've installed the drivers i got with it. Is it because the copy didn't come with the laptop so it doesn't even know i have a pcmcia slot? If so how can i get round it? I've looked on sony vaio site for related xp drivers but as far as i can see there are none for pcmcia slot. Help please?
p.s specs are above

Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Canon G10 with a 16gb SD card. My desktop and laptop computers have both been working fine with the camera for the past year, but in the last week both refuse to recognise the camera or the SD card if I remove it and put it in a reader. However, the camera still takes pictures onto the SD card. I noted from a previous posting that I may need to download drivers to my PCs. Anyone any suggestions?

Relevancy 52.89%

I exchanged graphics cards with a friend and i can't get windows or other software to recognise the new one. i think it's this one MSI Global N650Ti TF 2GD5/OC BE . i downloaded some drivers from this page and installed them but nothing changes, the same "blurry" screen and the left side doesn't fit on the monitor

A:Can't recognise the new graphics card

Try the driver from this page: MSI graphics driver 314.16.

You can also try this latest driver from the nVidia site, 347.52.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/361302-cant-recognise-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have installed additional memory in a laptop before however i would like the comfort of a few screenshots, photos and guide, if available.

thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8a8fa258-dc92-4e97-b7c8-e12c7cfc9aea/request-for-general-directions-install-memory-card-in-laptop?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 52.46%

I've recently just bought xp prof ed for my laptop which runs me but the problem is it won't recognise my pc card (nic) that i bought recently. Why is this as i've installed the drivers i got with it. Is it because the copy didn't come with the laptop so it doesn't even know i have a pcmcia slot? If so how can i get round it? I've looked on sony vaio site for related xp drivers but as far as i can see there are none for pcmcia slot. Help please?
p.s specs are above

Also posted in hardware.

Relevancy 52.46%

I have pc with problems Let me 7 does Windows card my not recognise network make difference threads for them The computer has an AMD Phenom II X processor Windows 7 does not recognise my network card on a new motherboard i bought today An Asus m A X EVO I installed windows on the new SSD harddisk Everything went ok untill i entered windows for first time There was no network connection The networkcard is roughly years old Its a sitecom SLC V I looked in devicemanager to see if maybe the driver was not up to date allthough i never had to update that it was always plug and play I didnt saw it in devicemanager First i thought it was perhaps the yellow questionmark at ethernet controller under Other devices But i yanked the network card out while pc was still running and i still saw that yellow mark So i fiured it would dissapaer once i yanked it out or should i reboot for that So my guesses are either my new motherboard Windows 7 does not recognise my network card does not recognise the network card i put it in pci slot Windows does not recognise the network card What can i do Ethermet Controller under other devices in Device manager Asus m A X EVO nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I have recently put in a second hand Nvidia GeForce 3 TI-200 AGP card. I tried installing the forceware drivers but it says there is no card installed. The card is an AGP 4X card and my motherboard is 8x. I don't know if this might be the problem. I am running XP. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Computer does not recognise new graphics card

the card being a 4X AGP should not be a problem. what did you have for graphics to begin with? did you have another card or onboard graphics? if iit was onboard did you disable the onboard graphics? also if you downloaded the newest forceware drivers that could be a potential source of the problem the newest drivers are not really meant for older generation cards. if you know the maufacturer of the card go to their site and download the drivers they have for that card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-does-not-recognise-new-graphics-card.39324/
Relevancy 52.46%

I had to reinstall windows yesterday.
As you never know when this can happen I always have the drivers saved on the other hard drive so I can install them all when it asks.

Only this time Windows XP Pro SP2 does not seem to recognise that there is any audio hardware.
I installed the drivers before discovering this problem.
Also worrying is the fact that PC Wizard 2008 does not seem to recognize any audio hardware (soundcard) on the motherboard.

The motherboard is a: Foxconn 661 7MJ
with this chip set: SIS 661FX/GX
and the usual working driver is a : AC'97

I really don't think this is a driver issue....
The BIOS does not have any obvious sound options as far as I can see.
Any suggestions ??????

thanks.

A:Windows XP does not recognise Audio Card

Try reseating the audio card... if that doesn't work go directly to the audio card manufacture site and download the drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-does-not-recognise-audio-card-264545.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all Bit of a problem over here Just upgraded a system to a Gigabyte G m-E L mobo Intel CPU and GB OCZ memory The hard drives and CD DVD drives were all fairly new less than a year old and are IDE interface Following the current trend the new mobo Controller recognise not CD does Card DVD or IDE drive has only one IDE controller so I got a PCI Ultra Ata IDE Controller Card Eye-T brand which according to the box supports Ultra ATA s Fast ATA- and ATAPI devices The situation is as follows The hard drives work flawlessly in both IDE Controller Card does not recognise CD or DVD drive the onboard IDE channel and the controller card The CD and DVD work flawlessly in the onboard IDE channel but are not recognised by the controller card After a couple of hours head scratching and trying diffrernet configerations I am starting to get grumpy Tried updating the driver new cables etc I cant help thinking I am missing something obvious but if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be much obliged Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

When i plug my sd card into the card reader on my acer laptop using windows 7 it does not show up on the system ie it shows C and D drives but not the cd card. I have tried a card reader plugged into the usb socket but still does not show. It was working ok when i last used it.

Any help appreciated.

Pete

A:Solved: Computer does not recognise sd card

Did you intend to mark this topic solved or would you care to tell us how you fixed it ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-does-not-recognise-sd-card.1114835/
Relevancy 52.03%

It also slows down my computer it appears - The driver that was installed automatically says 2006 IC USB Storage-CFC USB Device

this is the hardware ID

under USB MASS STORAGE DEVICE
USB\VID_1019&PID_0C55&REV_0100
USB\VID_1019&PID_0C55

And under one of the Tabs:
USBSTOR\DiskIC______USB_Storage-CFC_301b
USBSTOR\DiskIC______USB_Storage-CFC_
USBSTOR\DiskIC______
USBSTOR\IC______USB_Storage-CFC_3
IC______USB_Storage-CFC_3
USBSTOR\GenDisk
GenDisk

Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks all

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9738-generic-card-reader-drivers-installs-but-doesnt-access-sd-card.html
Relevancy 52.03%

All of the pictures on my digital camera got deleted. I have attached the SD card to a memory card reader and plugged into the USB port, because I hope to recover my pictures via a photo recovery software. However, my laptop is not detecting the memory card reader, although the blue light is on. When I click devices and printers, it shows up as a removable disk (drive E). Further, none of the recovery programs have detected my photos from the memory card reader. They either show drive E as having nothing on it, or don't even give drive E as a recoverable option.

How can i fix this these problems?

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 14R, Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit. The memory card reader is a Dynex 12 in 1.

Thank you.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone - sorry but the english is no my first lang -I installed replace a Intel Advanced-N WiMAX in my laptop X running under Windows but the system no recognise the card I ve allready tried -intall card adapter... recognise the cannot x230 my wireless the card driver-a BIOS update-a motherboard diagnostic to check if any problem in the Pci ports or in the motherboard itself -a thinkvantage system update-checking my x230 cannot recognise the wireless card adapter... on BIOS my x230 cannot recognise the wireless card adapter... if the network cards appears actually says disable and no way to enable it -check if the card hardware was propely connected into the PCI port nbsp it seems to me that the PCIe nbsp is no working but why it could happens nbsp I used to think that my laptop nbsp had no wireless adapter so i bought one when I installed it I realised that it was one a native Realtek i ve put it anyway but nothing changed nbsp ps i bought this laptop almost new and without warranty i guess nbsp any idea cheers Memo

A:my x230 cannot recognise the wireless card adapter...

Hello, memodialYou wrote:> checking on BIOS if the network cards appears (actually says disable, and no way to "enable it")This is a key feature to troubleshoot IMHO.What settings do you mean? WirelessLAN Access or WiMAX Access? WiMAX features don't influence to the WLAN (WiFi) ones, they utilize the different interfaces for data, but the card might be controlled (power on/off) via the single bus lane #20 (I'm not sure though).To enable BIOS Settings changes check out the LockBIOS Setting.Make sure wireless radios switch is enabled (on the laptop onboard).Do you see unknown devices in the Device Manager? For devices w/out drivers installed they might be in the Other Devices category. There might be a problem with drivers as Intel doesn't provide them for this card and win10. What drivers did you install?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/my-x230-cannot-recognise-the-wireless-card-adapter-WiMAX-6250/td-p/3310626
Relevancy 52.03%

BIOS will recognise my graphics card but windows wont. can anyone help

A:Windows wont recognise graphics card

Can you provide a little more detail. Which motherboard? Which video card? Which OS? Is this a new build? Is this a replacement video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-wont-recognise-graphics-card.44290/
Relevancy 52.03%

I inserted a 32G Kingston SD card and initially the system recognised it and said it was downloading software. This eventually stopped but the card didn't show under This PC. I removed it and entered it again, this time nothing. I have followed a similar link on this community and downloaded the driver software, it said it loaded and installed but no effect. The driver doesn't even appear under the drivers section of control panel.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-305-wont-recognise-SD-card/td-p/3351905
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Everyone,

My laptop has two graphic card options
Intel HD Graphics 4000Nvidia GeForce 630M

Ideally, I'd like to use only the 630M, so I disabled the Intel one through the Device Manager and have had no problems.

I then went to launch the Nvidia Control Centre and I got this error message:
So I re-enabled the Intel graphics card and I could then get back onto the Nvidia Control Centre... Strange!

Disabled Intel again, and I couldn't get back onto the Nvidia Control Centre, I then ran a DxDiag, and it is recognising the Nvidia as a 'Microsoft Basic Display Adapter' if the Intel 4000 is disabled.

Checked in the Device Manager and that does show as the Nvidia even with the Intel 4000.

So, I'd just like to use the Nvidia GPU and be able to open the Control Centre.

Thanks,
Joe.

A:Nvidia GPU Problem - Dosen't Recognise Card

With these laptops the Intel graphics acts like the pipeline even when using the Nvidia GPU, you have to leave it enabled.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/54193-nvidia-gpu-problem-dosent-recognise-card.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My motherboard is gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 3 and it doesn't seem to detect my graphics card. If I plug my monitor in the graphics card I won't see anything, but if I plug it directly into the mother board I can see it. The graphics card is also from gigabye but I don't know its name. Do you have any idea on how to solve this ?

Edit : My graphics card is gv-n460se-1gi

A:My computer doesn't seem to recognise my graphics card

Hi do you have the 2 six pin power connection connected to the card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/372414-my-computer-doesnt-seem-recognise-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

what VGA coolers do you reccomend? (that do not attatch to the card)

My Gainward 6800Gt 2400\2ns, is a nice card and has quite chunky cooling, it does run quite hot and would like to cool it down for o/c purposes.

Incase you havnt seen the Gainward cards they are coverd in a chassis with 2 60mm fans which makes putting any other cooling on it hard, (however one side is exposed apart from the baseplate).

I was wondering if anyone new of anything to aid my graphics card.

Cheers, Alex

P.S= here are some pics

A:help with any graphics card cooling (that doesnt attatch to the card)

That looks like it should cool the card really well. I have a VGA Silencer on mine. It replaces the stock HSF.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-any-graphics-card-cooling-that-doesnt-attatch-to-the-card.28924/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've been using this USB since February, and it's only today I've come across this problem. I tried it on the computers in the local library, my laptop and another home desktop with no luck at all.

I have a lot of work on there. There is no brand for the USB as I was given it by a medicine company (my father is a doctor so he receives free items from these companies from time to time).

The LED light is on so the USB actually works.

Thanks in advanced.

A:Laptop won't recognise USB

Hello Sepulcher. Welcome to the forum.

I'm guessing that this is a USB Thumbdrive (Stick).

The LED indicates that the thumbdrive is getting power. It will also blink when transmitting data. If the LED is continuously lit it could mean it is trying to access data but can't. In normal operation the LED should turn off after connecting.

Do you get a "Ba-Dupe" sound when you connect the thumbdrive on any computer?

Do you see a switch of any kind on the thumbdrive?

Be prepared for the possibility that the thumbdrive is dead. When they die it is like a light bulb.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/228862-laptop-wont-recognise-usb.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi:
My laptop says that if I wish to use the PMP IUBI that it should be connected to the pc.
i assure you it is and I have rebooted many times but it is as if it isn't there.
Any hints? I can play songs stored on it through the laptop, just can not use the convertor part.
Weird isn't it?
G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wonr-recognise-pmp.908769/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

Ive just bought a new laptop with built in wireless and have connected to my friends network at his home via a router and i have not attempted to connect to any other LAN or wireless connections except for his.

My question is, would my own ISP recognise this laptop's MAC/IP/NetBIOS at my home address or will it only recognise this information when i connect to my friends ISP or other ISP's except my own?

Thanks.

Relevancy 51.17%

So I bought a Sierra WWAN Module MC8355 (un2430) and popped it into my 8460p. I was assured by the seller it is the correct one for my PC. Upon startup, I get the dreaded Wireless Card Not Supported - Device Disabled etc.. message. The card I have is apparently correct - so why is the PC rejecting it? Needless to say, no device shows in the device manager, but I was able to download the driver for this card from the HP 8460p downloads page. See attached pics of device being rejected. Can anyone tell me why? What gives?

A:HP Elitebook 8460p does not recognise un2430 WWAN card

Hi, It clearly says Wireless Card Not Supported because it ONLY supports the following options: Supports the following WWAN modules:? Qualcomm Gobi 3000 HSPA/ CDMA with GPS? Ericsson 5521 HSPA+? HP lt2510 EV-DO/LTE Mobile Broadband ModuleRegards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Elitebook-8460p-does-not-recognise-un2430-WWAN-card/td-p/5465595
Relevancy 50.74%

I have just got a Zennox DV5210 but I cannot get my laptop to recognise it because the disc that they have provided is only compatible with XP and Windows 98. Is there anyway I can get the laptop to recognise this digital camera?

Thanks in advance.

A:How do I get my laptop to recognise my camera?

Have you tried just taking the card out of the camera and putting into a card reader? That's all I do. It saves having yet more useless software and drivers cluttering up the HDD.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/191777-how-do-i-get-my-laptop-recognise-my-camera.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone I am using a SAMSUNG NP-S -A laptop The problems I have had with this laptop are unreal I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy it Anyway my current problem is that the laptop will not read my external HD that external Laptop not will HD recognise it was previsouly reading fine before I recently got a whole bunch of important files on the external HD to transfer to the laptop While it was transferring the files the transfer window crashed I ended Laptop will not recognise external HD the task and went to try again but the external HD would no longer show up in My Computer I tried restarting no joy I then tried plugging the external HD into all USB ports still no joy It won't even show up in Disk Management When I plug Laptop will not recognise external HD the external HD in the light comes on so seems to be working fine But I get no noise in Windows to say the device has been connected no autorun nothing Its like it doesn't exist Any help you could give me would be gladly appreciated Laptop will not recognise external HD I really need the files that are on it ASAP and cannot get the files from the original source anymore I have not tried it on anyone elses PC laptop yet and won't be able to for some time I thank you in advance

A:Laptop will not recognise external HD

you could try looking in your device manager, see if theres any (!'s) that show a driver or a device isnt working correctly. Could also try going to the manufacturers website (of the hard drive) and installing any sort of driver or software that they offer, might be able to force the computer to cooperate that way :P

Also, the USB cord might be shot? could be letting power to the HDD but not data you know? try wiggling it or using a different cable, (that is if the thing has a removable cable)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242960-laptop-will-not-recognise-external-hd.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys,

My lap top won't recognise my DVD drive, it doesn't show up in my computer, although when I check it under system details it shows the device and it's working fine, any advice would be great on this, it's so annoying as I can't burn anything anymore.

Thanks for your time.

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi my laptop is "windows 7 > DELL XPS L502X" I bought some new speakers for my laptop "Ruark MR1 Bluetooth" they play ok using the "gigabyte dongle" but I purchased a APTX dongle because they say you get better sound but I can't get Creative Bluetooth Audio BT-D1 dongle to work http://uk.creative.com/p/speakers/creative-bluetooth-audio-bt-d1-usb-transmitter

A:The laptop does not recognise dongle

For the most part, they either work or they don't. Sound quality is more an issue of the audio chipset and the speakers.

Assuming the device is being properly recognized, the drivers simply need to be installed. If it's not recognized, or not recognized properly, the device is likely faulty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-laptop-does-not-recognise-dongle.1115489/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm not particularly knowledgeable with computers so please bear with me if I'm missing something overwhelmingly simple Anyway I'm trying to figure out exactly which graphics card is in this old machine A friend passed it along to me after mine gave up the ghost and I reinstalled Windows XP I checked DirectX Diagnostic Tool and Device Manager but neither can tell what the heck the graphics card is Neither can find the sound card either I need to know what it is so I can find the appropriate driver Here's what Device Manager lists under quot Other devices quot Audio device on high-definition audio bus SM bus controller Video controller Video controller VGA compatible I also tried the AMD doesn't recognise Device graphics Manager [SOLVED] card auto-detect tool but it flicks open for a moment then closes immediately for some reason I also opened [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card the machine up to see if I could find a product number on the [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card graphics card but there isn't one There appears to have been a sticker at one point but it isn't there now The best I can tell you is that it's red and bears the [SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card words quot graphics by ATI Radeon quot I'm afraid I don't know much of anything else about this computer but if there's anything you need to know ask away and I'll do my best to find out If a photo of the card would help to determine its model I can do that Thanks in advance sorry I couldn't offer more info

A:[SOLVED] Device Manager doesn't recognise graphics card

What is the make and model# of the computer? Go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in your make and model# and download the Chipset, Audio, and Video driver for your model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-device-manager-doesnt-recognise-graphics-card-692346.html
Relevancy 50.31%

restored my Packard bell easynote TE, running Windows8, to factory condition as I do on regular basis, I then set up my account, then set up account for wife, when I tried making her administrator also as usual, was asked for my password, laptop then didn't recognise my password, now I cant access my account therefore cannot add or delete anything as no administrator account available. any suggestions as to how I can make wife administrator which would solve problem?

A:laptop wont recognise password

restored my Packard bell easynote TE, running Windows8, to factory condition as I do on regular basisClick to expand...

I'm concerned about the above comment you made because this is NOT something that should need to be done on a regular basis.

Have you had any problems doing this during previous factory restores?

-------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-recognise-password.1107229/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I have logged on to my laptop as usual and it didn't automatically connect to our home WiFi. When I troubleshooted the problem it said " Adapter 2 is broken".

Now, I don't know what this means but I have checked all wires, cables and plugs and nothing has worked. Can someone please help me as I have important coursework and am on a deadline

Thanks

A:Laptop won't recognise home wifi

Maybe it is really broken and you need to repair it or buy a new one? Als you're not clear is this a laptop? Your specs say it's a desktop PC. Which one is it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/347525-laptop-wont-recognise-home-wifi.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I don't know if I posted this correctly but I would really like for you to inform me a little bit about HP pavilion TB Hard Drives nbsp nbsp I have bought a HP Pavilion TB With ADM processor less than a year ago There was whiskey spilt on it a couple of months ago before summer but I managed to bring it back to working and it was fine and stil in good shape nbsp A few weeks ago I dropped the laptop from the desk and it fell on a carpeted floor Not hard but not gentle either And it was still on when I picked it up and working nbsp When I shut it down the laptop refused to restart I made a quick diagnose check on the hard drive and it said failiure something with red letters I took the laptop to a Recognise Laptop Not My Does the HDMI cable PCs shop and the man that had a look at it said to me the hard drive is dead and I need a new My Laptop Does Not Recognise the HDMI cable one fitted My Laptop Does Not Recognise the HDMI cable it Everything else is in good condition he surmised and I agreed with him in changing the hard drive nbsp I told him specificly to replace the hard drive with another TB Hard Drive though he later adviced me with good confidence that I was better off with a gb and buy an external hard drive The laptop will work just fine in terms of speed So he fitted in a HDD and gave me back my laptop with Windows ultimate nbsp Now the laptop is not connecting to HDMI and AMD catalyst is not being recognised no matter how many times I install it And I honestly don't know if the man really took something out of my laptop The HDD that he gave back to me says its Samsung nbsp S N S LJ BG ST LM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp REV APN HN-M RAD M nbsp GB v A nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Please tell me that this is a HP Pavilion HDD and how can I get the Laptop to recognise the HDMI connection to the Flatscreen tv nbsp nbsp Ps I checked the space amount of the new HDD that was fitted in and it says gb not gb Am I missing something Why can't I see the whole amount of the HDD if it is nbsp Sorry for for the long discription I stop here nbsp

A:My Laptop Does Not Recognise the HDMI cable

Hello Dee, To be able to help you better, I first need to know the full model number of your laptop. Usually, the model number is inside the battery compartment on the back of the laptop. Take the battery out to see the numbers.Post the full model number here but do not post the serial number. Let me know what you have.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-Laptop-Does-Not-Recognise-the-HDMI-cable/td-p/5775593
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, my laptop doesnt seem to recognise any networks so I can't connect to my router

Relevancy 50.31%

I just installed windows 8 in my brand new laptop.
There are no other issue except this one!

http://s11.postimg.org/ipt555xkx/image.png
http://s9.postimg.org/iggor9jgd/image.png
http://s21.postimg.org/5bworvelx/image.png

what is this thing called FD_BETA9SR2 ?
I can do nothing to it (shrink it, delete it, etc, I also have tried using AOMEI Partition Assistant but no helps)

And why there is no system recovery shown in my computer management? I have another windows 8 laptop, and it has system recovery.

Please help me,
Thanks in advance

A:Please help, my laptop only recognise 40GB of my 500GB HDD

Be careful. This FD Beta... partition is your active partition that contains the bootmgr. If you delete it, the system won't boot.

No idea how it got to that. But before you delete that partition, make sure the bootmgr is saved - e.g. moved to C. You can try to do that following ihis tutorial, but I am not 100% sure whether that works in /8.
Bootmgr - Move to C:\ with EasyBCD - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/29527-please-help-my-laptop-only-recognise-40gb-my-500gb-hdd.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am trying to copy a movie to a DVD+R 4.7 GB, nothing happens when I insert the disc and it is not recognised on my computer. Playing movie DVDs & CDs are ok but I only seem to have a problem with the blank 4.7 GB DVDs. I am using Window XP Professional and my disk drive is HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4244N.

Thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all, I recently purchased a tablet (Amazon Fire) and I cannot transfer files from my laptop onto it. At first I thought it was a faulty tablet, but then Amazon sent me a replacment with the same problem. I plugged it into a different laptop (also running Windows 10) and it recognised it no problems. Plugging it into my laptop it does not come up in the list of drives under the PC directory, but going into settings> list of drivers, it sees the "Fire" driver and says it's "unavailable". My laptop never recognised my ipod in the same way but it still functioned with Itunes so it never bothered me, but like the tablet it is also under the list of drivers as "unavailable".  The laptop itself is only a year old. HP Pavilion 15-ab270sa 15.6" LWindows 10 Any help would be great. Thanks

A:HP Laptop won't recognise Ipod or Tablet

Welcome to the HP Community @mfjoe. I hope you find what you're seeking here.  I see that your PC-to-iPod and PC-to-Amazon Fire connections aren't being recognized by your HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab270sa. I would like to assist you with this.  Are you finding your PC's USB ports are working with other devices? If you haven't already done so, make sure you have the latest drivers installed by running the HP Support Assistant.   The Microsoft forum offers a few tips here that might help with iPod and the tablet as well as the hookup technology is shared. Amazon's user forum offers further advice here. (Note that you'll need to scroll down to the second last entry for the action-oriented steps.)  Let me know if that works out better. If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to say "You rock!" by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and clicking to accept this solution. Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum. Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Laptop-won-t-recognise-Ipod-or-Tablet/td-p/5718215
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Dell inspiron 1100 notebook. When booting the computer goes into bios, but then the boot process stops with an error because there is no hard drive or bootable disk. There is in fact a hard drive. Thinking that perhaps (hopefully) the hard drive failed somehow - I ordered a replacement hd and installed it using all the normal precautions. The same error persists. I have checked bios and everything looks ok, I can boot DOS off of a cd, but the hd is not recognised.

I am taking a guess that this is a mobo problem and that I will need a new one. If anyone has any other ideas of what to try before the considerably painful process of swapping mobo's on a laptop please let me know.

Relevancy 50.31%

I have been printing with Brother 22700 printer for ages.  Now suddenly my laptop doesn't recognise it and will not look for it.  I get a message saying  "Only prints from apps."  I am using  WORD 2013 Printer says I am connected to eprint but of course I am not.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/laptop-wont-recognise-printer/td-p/5649506
Relevancy 50.31%

Thought I was being really bright and adding my bew HP wireless printer to my iinet Belkin Router. Printer told me it needed MAC address added so went in through 10.1.1.1 and added it but hit the Enable button (big mistake I'm now thinking) Laptop immediatley lost internet connection. Rang provider to get help and they advised to resset router back to factory settings but couldn't reset (router now 3 years old) as the little button doesn't work. I am using Windows Vista
Is there another fix apart from getting a new router?

A:Stuffed up WPA & can't router won't recognise laptop.

Hi Franph, and welcome to TSG.

If your laptop was using a wireless connection that no longer works for you, you could try using a wired Ethernet connection.

Your subject line mentions "Stuffed up WPA". Were you changing the wireless security settings?

For the "Printer told me it needed MAC address added" part, exactly what did you add where? Did you do some kind of IP address reservation for the DHCP server in the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuffed-up-wpa-cant-router-wont-recognise-laptop.1018311/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Guys,
my laptop "tiny 80097TNB02T4 was xp but full of viruses so it has been formatted and updated to xp porfessional all works fine except it says modem not installed, I know it's still in there, but I don't have the install disc for it . How do I find out the make of it so that i can download the info so that it will recognise it.

regards Zug

Relevancy 50.31%

Got a new won't recognise Laptop ethernet connection router along with a broadband speed upgrade the other day Problem is that the router is currently set up in the kitchen near the phone line whereas most of the network devices are in other parts of the house Wireless speeds are nothing to complain about but I wanted to test out the wired side of things The laptop is only thing convenient to move near it at the moment but no matter what I do I can't seem to get W to 'see' a wired connection even if I disable the wireless card and it's associated software The chipset for the ethernet port seems to be working but I can't even see an option for a wired connection in the network wizard My Synology NAS connects to the router through a wired Laptop won't recognise ethernet connection connection just fine and I can see my NAS if I connect it directly to my laptop on the ethernet so I'm a bit confused Could I be looking at some sort of incompatibility between the laptop and router Laptop is an Asus K- F running W and stock bloatware

A:Laptop won't recognise ethernet connection

You did install the drivers for the wired connection?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517270/laptop-wont-recognise-ethernet-connection/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, i have a new Samsung R710 laptop, and have noticed that the case fan only comes on when it is overheating, ie when i am playing a game. I was looking for software to control fan speed, or set the temperature threshold lower. I was advised by samsung to download speedfan, which i did, but it does not recognise any fans. Any suggestions ? thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

I am using the RC x and all was appearing great however i am having doesnt Memory refresh a problem with its memory usage After boot and in normal use it seemed fine however i noticed first when Memory doesnt refresh i copied a gig file that the memory usage filled up along with it as it transferred but after the copy was complete the memory stayed full and as i type this now have mb free and it will stay like that until i reboot I rinsed and repeated and tried the same with an install involving large data files and again as it installed the memory filled up and after install completed the memory is all still in use gb btw I looked on the internet and i cant see anything other than people saying how good its memory management is Additionally i am also seeing one of my cores at Duo I have run malicious software tools and avast system scan and i have no idea where to go with this Prior to this i was running vista x with no problems at all can anyone offer any advice Thanks Lex

A:Memory doesnt refresh

Have you tried reinstalling? sometimes things just don't go right on an install and odd behaviour will result. If you reinstall and it behaves the same everytime then i would begin the long hunt of tracking down the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/8851-memory-doesnt-refresh.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Ill give u bucks if u solve my prob on paypal or anything i promise my computer is getting me very pissed off i have a dell laptop which i bought about months shut memory doesnt down low ago and i had windows vista home basic with two mb ram cards totaling i upgraded to ultimate and low memory doesnt shut down my sound goes wrong and doesnt work but i fix it then a little later my computer pops up a message saying its too low on memory and says to save and close all programs and i press ok and do it then when i open up my stuff again like internet explorer it starts freezing or something so i have to turn it off manually the i took out one of the mb ram cards and put in mb ram card with total of mb and when i turn it on and do somethin for a while and shut it down it gets stuck on logging of screen now i have two problems my memory goes low after about hours and kinda freezes it doesnt shut off automatically so i have to do it manually which is unsafe one more thing i have gb free on memory nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I ve got a yr-old Toshiba Satellite laptop Model A - U which I recently restored using the recovery CD - it s running Vista SP Please bear with me as this may be a long-ish story but it helps to explain my problem Around a year ago a virus made its way onto my laptop and DVDs CDs won't will Not recognise Drive -DVD recognise straightforward but RW a one almost destroyed the OS - I d consider myself to be Not a straightforward one -DVD RW Drive will recognise DVDs but won't recognise CDs fairly knowledgeable software-wise having studied IT at college and so set about the long process of trying to fix my laptop without resorting to the recovery CD It was a patch job but after a month or so I had it working again and it was fine for a further few months or so before I noticed that my DVD RW Drive would no longer read and or burn CDs I spent hours trawling internet forums for help without any luck and was subsequently convinced that it was a hardware problem As I needed to use a CD burner my cousin lent me his USB DVD RW drive and this didn t work meaning that logic suggested it wasn t a physical problem with the drive rather that it was more likely a problem with the registry OS This wasn t surprising seeing as I d done a basic patch job following the virus infection a Not a straightforward one -DVD RW Drive will recognise DVDs but won't recognise CDs few months earlier After becoming increasingly frustrated with my laptop in general I backed up my data onto a portable HD and used the recovery CD which came with my laptop The laptop booted the CD up when it was outside of the OS as per the instructions that came with it and restored the entire computer to its original state and solving a lot of the problems that were caused by the virus in the process I ve spent the last week re-installing programs copying back data etc and was in the process of installing some software from a CD today when I noticed that the laptop was having difficulties accessing the drive Windows Explorer knows the drive is there it is listed in quot My Computer quot and will also have the little CD icon alongside the pointer when it is trying to load the CD up - suggesting it knows there is a CD in there However the drive itself will still read DVDs which suggests it could be a physical problem with the drive itself I read somewhere about the laser having to change its angle accordingly when reading CDs and DVDs I question this however as the computer was able to read the recovery CD when I was in the process of a complete restore and it was having the same difficulties reading CDs in Windows before the restore I ve tried all the methods suggested in similar posts on this forum - Microsoft Fix It Uninstalling the drivers etc to no avail So yes I am pretty much stumped and am wondering if anyone can help The DVD RW Drive is listed in the Device Manager as HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T N ATA Device Thanks Ben nbsp

A:Not a straightforward one -DVD RW Drive will recognise DVDs but won't recognise CDs

That is a strange situation you have there, by any chance did you look into the manufacturer site to see if there is a Firmware update for your DVD Drive?

Best of luck and I hope someone can come along and help you with this weird situation.
Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-a-straightforward-one-dvd-rw-drive-will-recognise-dvds-but-wont-recognise-cds.1016270/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm using a Vaio VGN-FJ GP B with XP SP and have a problem with sound When turning on my computer I can hear a sound but when I try playing audio files I get this message xC D BA Cannot play the file Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device such as a sound card or sound controller You may encounter this error message for one of the following reasons Your to doesn't Windows Help. seem recognise speakers. laptop's my sound Help. Windows doesn't seem to recognise my laptop's speakers. device is in use by another program Quit other programs that may Help. Windows doesn't seem to recognise my laptop's speakers. be using your sound device and then try to play the file again Your sound device is not functioning properly To troubleshoot the problem see the Sound Troubleshooter in Windows Help or refer to your sound device's documentation You do not have a sound device installed Help. Windows doesn't seem to recognise my laptop's speakers. on your computer Install a sound device and then try to play the file again Error ID xC D BA Condition ID x What is going on and how do I fix it Oh yes when I was trying to remove a program in add remove programs I heard a beep when I clicked yes But media player still will not work

A:Help. Windows doesn't seem to recognise my laptop's speakers.

Hello HumbertHumbert,

Do you have sound in other applications? Is the problem only with media player? What version media player are you currently using?

http://www.windowsbbs.com/windows-xp...play-file.html

You could also try reinstalling your audio driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-windows-doesnt-seem-to-recognise-my-laptops-speakers-297005.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My laptop has suddenly decided not to recognise flash drives and some digital cameras.
Was working fine before but I had an episode with a digital camera auto.inf file infected with virus and I wiped the file off the camera. Maybe I wiped something off the laptop system as well... (XP).
I posted a thread on this previsouly but it wasn't resolved: see
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/801214-flash-drives-cameras-not-showing.html
Fiddling with TweakUI as per one helpful suggestion put the previously-infected digital camera back on line but other cameras and also flash drives won't show up in My Computer when plugged in. They do appear in device manager but not in My Computer, and there is no auto-play window that opens when plugged in.
Any other suggestions out there?

Relevancy 49.88%

i just set up a wireless DLINK router. The laptop connect to the network and shows a strong signal strength, but i cannot access anything on the internet or other web based programs.