Windows Support Forum

Medion Core 2 duo 6300 1.86mhz upgrade

Q: Medion Core 2 duo 6300 1.86mhz upgrade

Help please, I want to upgrade a bit and looking to find out what, if any, processor I can replace the 1.86mhz with.

cheers

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Medion Core 2 duo 6300 1.86mhz upgrade

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Medion Core 2 duo 6300 1.86mhz upgrade

What are your full system specs? What is your budget? Finally, what is the use of this pc?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/medion-core-2-duo-6300-1-86mhz-upgrade.194237/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a new system Intel DG965WH with 1GB and a Core 2 Duo E6300 processor with a WD 320 GB SATA drive. When I start the installation of either XP or Media Version XP they both get to the point of loading in memory the necessary files and when you are prompted for "enter" to continue it resets the machine and you start all over again.

Has any one had experience loading either of these operating systems on to this type of system or perhaps can point me in the right direction as to the problem? Could it be memory? I am using a Kingston KVR667D2N5K2/1G which should be ok for this type of mother board as it is 1.8v memory.

Thanks

A:Windows Xp Or Media Center Edition And Intel Dg965wh Motherboard With Core 2 Duo Processor(6300)

Could be bad RAM, a lot of times it causes that error in the initial file copy from the CD to the hard drive.Memtest is a good diag for memory.http://www.memtest.org/EDIT: You're not just booting from the CD after the computer reboots from the initial setup, are you?The restart after it finishes copying files over is normal, after that it should continue in a VGA setup screen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75932/windows-xp-or-media-center-edition-and-intel-dg965wh-motherboard-with-core-2-duo-processor6300/
Relevancy 66.65%

I want to buy an SSD My system boots far too slow Why do all the SSDs I look at say they are quot I believe a desktop is quot Can these only be made to fit using a kit adapter of some sort or do they make real quot drives Where is the best place to go to look for these things Fry s Newegg Amazon I think I will make better progress once and faster Upgrade AMD SSD 6300 to something to from I know if the will fit into the desktop with a kit I also need to figure out what chips can go in a computer with specs like the one below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC M A Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Will this hold only the AMD quot FX quot series Thanks for considering my question nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Can anyone suggest a good graphics card upgrade compatible with the Asus M11BB-US011S Desktop PC with AMD A4-6300 Processor,4GB Memory,1TB Hard Drive,Windows 8 ?

I need something with bang for the buck that can do a modestly functional job running games, that are not too graphics intensive.  thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519072/graphics-upgrade-inquiry-for-amd-a-4-6300/
Relevancy 59.77%

Already saw differents answer but never by the one guy that say.. "Yes, i already upgrade my dual core cpu to quad core in my elitebook 8470p"I saw documents with info from hp with "3610qm 3630qm 3720qm and 3740qm" support for 8470p and 8570p models in this forum.There in JUNE 2012, The product overview:http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c03373336Said only 3610qm and 3720qm are compatible with the 8470p.But recently document i saw from hp (and i think is the reference guide more actual, january 2013 ) to 8470p and 8470w models like this:http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c03659338-3.pdfthere is not clear, even this document show that only 8470w support quadcore and for 8470p show only dual core models..so i need confirmation before buy quad core model, anybody can confirm if its possible??Thanks a lot

A:HP Elitebook 8470P Dual Core to Quad Core upgrade, it suppor...

Hi, HP Elitebook 8470P is a series of many models/products of laptops and can spread over few years. Very hard to answer because we don't know which year is for your machine. Lately HP gives G1, G2, G3 ..... for some series that give us more information. The document in front of me now dated June 2013 gives another side of the picture PROCESSOR3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3740QM (2.70 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*Up to 3.70 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3720QM (2.60 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3630QM (2.40 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*?Up to 3.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3610QM (2.30 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache, 45W, 4 cores)*?Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3540M (3.0 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.70 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i7-3520M (2.90 GHz, 4 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3380M (2.90 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.60 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3360M (2.80 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.50 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3340M (2.70 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.40 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3320M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*Up to 3.30 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3230M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?Up to 3.20 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i5-3210M (2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?Up to 3.10 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology3rd Generation Intel® Core? i3-3130M (2.60 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?3rd Generation Intel® Core? i3-3120M (2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*?3rd Generation Intel® Core? i3-3110M (2.40 GHz, 3 MB L3 cache, 35W, 2 cores)*? For  HP EliteBook 8470p Notebook PC (14")         HP EliteBook 8570p Notebook PC (15"). Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Elitebook-8470P-Dual-Core-to-Quad-Core-upgrade-it-support/td-p/5791049
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a Medion PC model PCMT6, Type MED MT 260A, System Model MS-7048, System Type X86-based, 3 gigabyte processor, running on windows XP. I am looking to increase my computer memory from 512MB to the maximum that it can have (possibly 2 gb ). What's the best and most compatible type of memory to purchase and how much extra memory will the PC accept.

Thanks for your help.

A:Memory upgrade question for MS-7048 Medion PC

Hi Bob Bee,

I work for Kingston Technology. I could not find your specific memory in our system; however I hunted down your motherboard and believe I found the right memory for your system:

It looks like your board maxes at 4GB. It has four available slots, so this means you would max out this board by purchasing (4) 1GB Memory Modules. You should upgrade this machine in pairs. So, buy two modules of memory at a time.

It looks like you need PC3200 DDR 400 Memory. I would go with ordering 2 1GB memory modules.

Do a search for PC3200 DDR 400 memory modules and you should find plenty of options. Be advised to purchase from a reputable manufacturer, because nothing is more frustrating than plugging new memory into your machine and finding out you received a dead product!

Hope this helps!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade-question-for-ms-7048-medion-pc.616869/
Relevancy 58.91%

Is it possible to change the dual core processor I have for an i5 processor, is this type of motherboard capable of taking it? I have some screen captures from CPUID of my system specs, hopefully that will be enough info. If it can't take the i5 could it take any other quad-core processor?

I have a Compaq Pressario desktop PC, Windows 7 64 bit, 4GB DDR3 RAM.

Thanks

Thanks.

A:Is it possible to upgrade my dual-core to i5, or other quad-core processors?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-upgrade-my-dual-core-to-i5-or-other-quad-core-processors.1004497/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi
which model pentium 4 has socket LGA775 was implemented.
I mean which model brand hp or compaq or HCL or ibm ? year & model required.
I prefer to buy that model so that i can upgrade to latest processors.

Another question:
Will Pentium 4 with Socket LGA 775 supports any chipset model for upgradation to
1.Core 2 Duo
or
2.Dual core processors ?
If not pls give me the Chipset models support for the upgradation.

My plan is buy used pentium 4 LGA 775 & upgrade to new processor(only processor using same motherboard of the old one) which eliminates/reduces cost for upgradation.

Is this right plan or is there any complication in upgradation.

A:Pentium 4 lga775 upgrade to Dual core or Core 2 Duo

pathardware first please read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_775

The list of processors using LGA 775 are listed on that page. As for your question, YES some P4 motherboards might support Dual Core and Core 2 Duo.

My Current motherboard is an ASUS P5B-MX/WiFi AP and I'm running a P4 Prescott on it. The CPU support list on the ASUS website lists Dual Core, Core 2 Duo and Quad Core support (With BIOS upgrade). My P4 actually was part of a Compaq system purchased way back in 2005. After that the rest of the system (barring monitor and processor) has had major overhauls.

But, as for your plan, I would suggest you go about building an entry level new system by yourself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-4-lga775-upgrade-to-dual-core-or-core-2-duo.131804/
Relevancy 58.05%

I would like to upgrade my T7600 (Dual Quad-core Xeon E5-2603) to a dual eight-core. I'm eyeing a pair of Xeon E5-2648. Looking at the Intel comparison tool both seem to be similar in all features (except cores-threads of course). Is there anything else in the computer that could prevent the switch from working properly? Thanks a lot
Claudio

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993343
Relevancy 58.05%

First some keywords to help searchers core dual from core Upgrade to quad QX quad core task manager cpu-z cpu-id shows showing only two cores I recently upgraded an Intel E to a QX and had the problem of Windows only showing of the cores It took a few frustrating hours to find the solution but I got there in the end without the need for a Windows re-install I hope that this little post may help others to resolve the problem quicker than I st You must have Windows Professional Home Premium does not support more than cores Upgrade to Pro nd If Task manager and Upgrade from dual core to quad core CPU-Z are only showing cores you'll be feeling pretty confused right Go to Start-- gt Run type MSCONFIG Under the BOOT tab click 'Advanced Options' In the top left corner it says quot Number of Processors quot you'll have been here already and it says ' ' Uncheck this and do a reboot This solved my hours of confusion Now I have cores in Task Manager CPU-Z and all is well If all this fails then get yourself set up for an OS reinstall that should get you where you want to be I hope this helps folks a little as I had a hard time resolving this quickly I'm no expert but my sketchy understanding is that if you tell Windows you have no processors it re-evaluates this at boot and discovers that you've changed from a core to a core Well it worked for me and I hope it helps others out there Jove

A:Upgrade from dual core to quad core

Any Ver of windows 7 will run any Quad core CPU .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/123735-upgrade-dual-core-quad-core.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm wondering if it is possible or pratical to upgrade the Core i5 processor processor in my Inspiron 17R 7720 to a Core i7? The processor in my computer is a Core i5 [email protected] 2.5GHz; I am seeing multiple Core i7 3630QM SR0UX processors on Ebay for $100 or so. I am not worried about the mechanics of changing the processor, I am confident in my ability to swap one out. I just want to make sure the new processor will fit and work with my existing motherboard. If I do this will the BIOS automatically detect the new processor or are there some software hoops to jump through as well?

A:Upgrade Core i5 to Core i7 in Inspiron 17R 7720?

While the CPU will work, you won't see $100 worth of performance boost from the CPU -- if the system is running  a conventional hard drive, the $100 spent on a solid state drive to replace it will be far more bang for the buck.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997242
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, i have just purchased an HP Pavilion G7 Notebook Laptop PC that is fitted with an i3-Core 2330M 2.2Ghz Processor. I would like to replace this with an Intel Core i5-2540M Laptop CPU Processor 2.6GHz 3M Cache SR044 that i have spare. Can someone tell me if this is a possible Upgrade please. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I have already upgrade the memory by 4Gb to give me 8Gb in total of DDR3 So-dimm Memory. I am also using a 240Gb SSD Hard drive. Many thanks, Kenny Shaw 

A:Upgrade from an i3-core to an i5-core Processor

@kenny57singer To better help you we would need the exact model number or product number of your laptop/desktop??? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00033108 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-from-an-i3-core-to-an-i5-core-Processor/td-p/5843121
Relevancy 55.04%

I have got a Supermicro X5DA8 mainboard with two Xeon 2.8 GHz processors.
Would two of those processors
Intel Xeon CPU Processor 3.2 GHz 533 MHz
1MB 604 SL72Y as offered on ebay
Intel Xeon CPU Processor 3 2 GHz 533 MHz 1MB 604 SL72Y | eBay
work with my
mainboard?
Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Motherboards | Xeon Boards | X5DA8

A:Xeon Dual Core 2.8GHz, can I easily upgrade to Dual Core 3.2GHz ?

Super Micro has no CPU support list that I could find for this board, nor in the manual. It may take a call or email to them to find out for sure.
I would be careful buying such used item from an eBay seller, check their return policies and reviews first.

Overall, from what little info I could find, it seems the 3,2GHz Xeons will work, but just a guess.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289796-xeon-dual-core-2-8ghz-can-i-easily-upgrade-dual-core-3-2ghz.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Gigabyte Socket 775 motherboard with an AGP video card, and I want to upgrade to a system that has PCI express X 16 for a new video card. The thing is, I dont want to see my 2gb PC3200 dual channel kit go to waste because all the new motherboard are DDR2 only.

So is it too late to upgrade to 939? With the money saved without getting new memory for conroe boards or AM2, and the relativly inexpensive price for a 939 board, I can get a Athlon 64 X2 3800 for 939 which is much, much faster than my current cpu, and get PCIX16 video card support, all the things that I exactly want!

A:Budget upgrade: Upgrade to Core 2 motherboard, AM2 or 939?

Works For Me

Sounds like you have thought things out. If you want to save your DDR I (thats what it is called now) a socket 939 motherboard is the way to go. Still avaiable for the present, and socket 939 dual core processors are coming down in price. Just make sure your memory is compatiable with the new motherboard. You should be good for a while, although the future belongs to DDR II.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-upgrade-upgrade-to-core-2-motherboard-am2-or-939.55876/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello guys,It is possible to upgrade processor (cpu) on laptop HP DV7-6135dx with  Intel Core i5-2410M change to Intel Core i7 (to any model)?It's motherboard can support it or not?thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Upgrade CPU on DV7? From Core i5 to Core i7

Any of the following CPUs have BIOS support on the systemboard and are valid upgrades. Reference source: the DV7 Maintenence & Service Guide Intel Quad Core i7-2820QM 2.30-GHz (turbo up to 3.10- GHz) processor (1600-MHz FSB, 8-MB L3 cache, 45 W) Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.20-GHz (turbo up to 3.00- GHz) processor (1600-MHz FSB, 6-MB L3 cache, 45 W) Intel Quad Core i7-2630QM 2.00-GHz (turbo up to 2.90- GHz) processor (1600-MHz FSB, 6-MB L3 cache, 45 W) Intel Dual Core i7-2620M 2.70-GHz (turbo up to 3.40- GHz) processor (1333-MHz FSB, 4-MB L3 cache, 35 W) Intel Dual Core i5-2540M 2.60-GHz (turbo up to 3.30- GHz) processor (1333-MHz FSB, 3-MB L3 cache, 35 W) Intel Dual Core i5-2520M 2.50-GHz (turbo up to 3.20- GHz) processor (1333-MHz FSB, 3-MB L3 cache, 35 W) Intel Dual Core i5-2430M 2.40-GHz (SC turbo up to 3.00- GHz) processor (3.0-MB L3 cache, 35 W) Intel Dual Core i5-2410M 2.30-GHz (turbo up to 2.90- GHz) processor (3-MB L3 cache, 35 W)  FYI: Notebooks PCs have systemboards and desktop PCs have motherboards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-CPU-on-DV7-From-Core-i5-to-Core-i7/td-p/5253583
Relevancy 49.45%

Greetings I just started a new job and the laptop I was given is having some Smitfraud-C CoreService issues From reading previous posts I understand posting the following HJT log is the first requirement Please advise as to the remaining steps required to correct this nuisance Logfile of HijackThis core.sys, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ & core.cache.dsk, core v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core Program Files Panda Software AVTC PavSrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC AVENGINE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent Pagent exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Scheduler pavsched exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator Pav Agent pagentwd exe C Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PSKMsSvc exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC PsImSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC ClShield exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Pinnacle Shared Files Programs USBTip USBTip exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Panda Software AVTC SRVLOAD EXE C Program Files Panda Software AVTC WebProxy exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files Panda Software Panda Administrator PavReport PavReport exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME Jason LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http companyweb O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - ADF - E E- ad - F - E CD - C WINDOWS system dcssuwll dll file missing O - BHO no name - C - - CFC- - BEAD - C WINDOWS system jkkli dll file missing O - BHO no name - A D- B- EF - D- E - C WINDOWS system ljjigfd dll file missing O - BHO no name - B EDCDFD-EDE - D - F -A DD - C WINDOWS system qlrspsmb dll file missing O - BHO no name - d -fbb - e -adb - df d c - C WINDOWS system fveeooa dll file missing O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Apoint quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet... Read more

A:core.cache.dsk, core.sys, & HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WSYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ core

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-cache-dsk-core-sys-hkey_local_machine-wsystem-controlset001-services-core.592146/
Relevancy 49.45%

hi,
I have an HP Media Center m7750.it (look at my specs)

I want to upgrade my CPU because some games lag too much: i have a Core 2 Duo Conroe E6300 (1,86 GHz, 2MB L2)

my botherboard is an ASUS P5LP-LE Leonite (socket LGA775). HP says that i can put into this any Core 2 Duo E4x00 or e6x00, but if i search on google i find people which says that some models are not supported.

so my question is: what CPU should i take? will a Core 2 Duo e6600/e6700/e6750 work?

(and no, i'm not going to change motherboard... all i want is a faster CPU for this pc )

A:Core 2 Duo upgrade

Typically with these older CPU's, upgrading from an E6300 to an E6700 would be such a marginal upgrade that you might hardly be able to discern a difference. Unless I could change up from say a dual core CPU to a quad core CPU, I don't think that I would even bother.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/216088-core-2-duo-upgrade.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all I have managed to spot a bargin a local computer shop a Intel Core Duo Ghz for about half its normal price I am currently running a Pentium Ghz Windows XP -bit Gig Core how I upgrade? 2 should duo: of RAM Nvidia Gefore GS I have bought assassins creed for the PC thinking I might be able to make the minium requirements I was half right - the game runs and I can play through but the FPS isnt too good and it lags slightly when in crowded areas As you may know the spec for this game is quite hefty so I am looking to upgrade in order to run it My question being I Core 2 duo: how should I upgrade? do not know whether I will have to update my BIOS or if the chip will run in my motherboard i have checked the socket mine is LGA which I think works with it And how would I update my BIOS in order for it to work if in deed if have to update my BIOS at all Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Core 2 duo: how should I upgrade?

The bottleneck isn't the CPU it's your video card. "Assassin's Creed" and "Crysis" play best with a GT8800. Your 8400GS is really not up to these games. Sorry.

You've not really given us enough info to determine whether or nor you motherboard has a BIOS update to make it compatible with a C2D. So, tell us which mobo you have, and what are the specs on the RAM in your machine.

Some boards even with the same chipset number will run only a Pentium 4, while later ones will run a C2D. All Intel desktop CPUs for about 4 years are LGA775 sockets. So that isn't really an indicator of compatibility you can rely on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-2-duo-how-should-i-upgrade.112074/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi.
I upgraded from vista to windows 7. Its worked like a charm, but there are one problem.
I have a q6600 cpu(4 cores), and after the upgrade windows see just one core.
(In task manager(One Graph per cpu checked)/Resource Monitor)
In the Device Manager under Processors are listed 4 "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz" device.
I reinstalled the old drivers, removed them but no luck.

Any advice?

A:After upgrade, only one core is seen

Hello Benedicht, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Check the tutorial below to make sure that everything is unchecked in step 7 there.

Boot Advanced Options - Number of Processors - Vista Forums

If that does not help, then see if resetting the BIOS back to default settings will allow the CPU to be recognized properly afterwards.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/3551-after-upgrade-only-one-core-seen.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have limited money to work with So I am core 660 8 or GTX Upgrade AMD over GTX over Intel i7 680 to ti? trying to figure out how Upgrade to Intel i7 over AMD 8 core or GTX 680 over GTX 660 ti? to get the best performance for gaming within a limited budget Basically I can find an AMD FX hgz core processor new in box for vs Upgrade to Intel i7 over AMD 8 core or GTX 680 over GTX 660 ti? intels i for about - So that is a difference of - Where I can get the GTX for about - vs the GTX ti superclocked for For gaming where would my money best be spent if I could only get one of these upgrades I am leaning towards the gb video card over the gb vid card as being a bigger difference in visual performance than the similar processors though I know the i is superior for gaming or at least that is what I have read I would like non quot fanboy quot responses Basically is the i sooo much better than an core AMD processor that it would justify getting a lesser video card I will have either a or watt power supply so I should be fine there Basically I need to know so I can start looking for the right motherboard

A:Upgrade to Intel i7 over AMD 8 core or GTX 680 over GTX 660 ti?

Hi welcome to the forum!!

What processor do you have at the moment? For gaming a decent quad core processor is all you need, a core i5 or a 6 core AMD fx 6300 is ample for todays games. Anything higher wont give you massively higher frame rates, and youll only benifit from things outside of gaming such as video editing ect.

Now GPU is the part where you want to spend the money! a 4Gb card is overkill if your running on a 1080p monitor. youll never use the added 2gb over a normal 2gb varient.

Instead of the GTX680 look at the GTx770, they are identical cards, bar the fact the 770 supports GPU boost as well as a few other new Nvidia treats.

The 660, will mearly be Ok for now, it will play the latest games but it will soon struggle in the long run.

So if it were me id spend my money on a GTX770. Neither of those processors will struggle at playing games, so its irrelevant to which you get if your sole purpose is to play games. Save a bit of money and get a core i5, or spend the extra $150 on the i7 and gain all of about 5fps! which again wont matter as the limiting factor will be the GPU which ever you choose!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/329305-upgrade-intel-i7-over-amd-8-core-gtx-680-over-gtx-660-ti.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I have a small mATX motherboard case but i recently saw that an ATX motherboard. could be used in my case. So could I upgrade my current AMD Athlon 3000+ (socket 939) to a core 2 duo cpu whilst keeping my 2gb (512x2) ddr400 ram? I don't mind for overclocking and it can either be an atx or matx (preferrably matx) and I do not want SLI.

I am looking for value mostly and performance if I can get it.

Thanks in advance,

Fishpan

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I wanted to change my processor to i3 or i5 and my graphic card also
Can it be done or no
I have Emachine e725 Laptop

Graphic card for gaming like 2 bg nvidia Gforce type

A:Can I upgrade to Core i3 or i5 and new graphics?

The laptop you have has integrated graphics (meaning its on the motherboard, not a separate PCI-E card like desktop computers). I don't think you can upgrade the graphics of the laptop at all. Some laptops do use a discrete graphics card (separate from the motherboard) allowing a very limited upgrade path. But I don't think yours will.

Changing the CPU is much the same situation. Mobile processors are usually mounted on laptop motherboards in a way that allows them to be squeezed into a laptop package. Whereas desktop PCs us the conventional "socket" mounting where a CPU can be removed and another put in at the flick of a lever or switch. I doubt you will be able to change the CPU in the laptop, even if the older chipset could support newer i3/i5 etc CPUs, which it won't. The i3,i5 and i7 use a different CPU sockets from Core2Duo/Quad processors, so even if it was possible to change your laptops CPU, you couldn't upgrade it to any i series CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-to-core-i3-or-i5-and-new-graphics.158544/
Relevancy 48.59%

I've got a P4 520 LGA 775 processor and a motherboard using the Intel 915P Express chipset. Can someone tell me if I can change the processor to a Pentium D 805 processor (also LGA 775 socket)?
thanks!

Relevancy 48.59%

My Dell Vostro 1510 laptop has started to become a bit sluggish despite my near-obsessive cleaning and virus scans. I want to know whether it is possible to upgrade the CPU in it.

Currently, it uses a mobile Core 2 Duo. If I could find a matching Quad version, would I be able to swap them without causing problems?

Thanks

A:Core 2 Quad upgrade?

How much memory do you have? This could be affecting your performance, too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/core-2-quad-upgrade.859658/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a biostar p4m89-m7b ver.1.0 mainboard . and 2.20 ghz dual core. want to upgrade to a quad... Will it work? also I have 4.00 gb of ram installed, but when I pull up system properties it says that I have 4 gb installed but only 2.94 is usable... why is this? if anyone can help he with these ques. I would greatly appreciate it.

A:Can I upgrade to a quad core?

liveloveburndie said:

I have a biostar p4m89-m7b ver.1.0 mainboard . and 2.20 ghz dual core. want to upgrade to a quad... Will it work? also I have 4.00 gb of ram installed, but when I pull up system properties it says that I have 4 gb installed but only 2.94 is usable... why is this? if anyone can help he with these ques. I would greatly appreciate it.Click to expand...

Are you sure the motherboard isn't a P4M890-M7B ?

If it is then you can upgrade to an E4300, 4400, 4500 (800FSB), or E6300, 6400, 6600, 6700 (1066FSB) Core 2 Duo (Conroe 65nm)
No quads allowed-sorry.

Some of your RAM is always used for running your operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-to-a-quad-core.140692/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey yall upgrade Duel :D core Iv had my computer for about years now and have been upgrading it bit by bit Im looking at upcoming ET quake wars i meet the requirements easy but Crysis looks a bit tough blackeye Its about time i upgrade my cpu because according to Vista its the biggest bottleneck I have But my local pc store is not selling old socket s anymore They seem to be selling duel core Duel core upgrade :D opterons As of this point I had no idea they made duel core opterons for only single core My motherboard originaly supported only single core but seems to be able to take multicore with a bios update My question is will these funny duel core opterons work on my system SPECS gt asus a v-e deluxe athlon gb ddr another gb ordered BFG gt oc gb sata I asked asus and they said they had no idea they had duel core opterons for Heres where I plan to buy from http www infonec com site main php module detail amp id Also about months ago my mobo died and asus sent a replacement And I think thats it Any help would be greatly loved nbsp

A:Duel core upgrade :D

You can get it $70 cheaper here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103582

Seems the fastest X2 Athlon for 939 left is 4200+. Unless you troll ebay, that is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/duel-core-upgrade-d.76002/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello,

I have P4 3.0 HT installed in MB Asus P5WD2 Premium, now i want to upgrade this processor to Pentium Dual Core 3.0, someone have experience with this upgrade ?
Just to know if i must re-install Windows XP or i can keep this installation

Thanks
Max

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I am new to the forum and would like to ask a question with regards to CPU upgrade for HP G62-105SA laptop.  The laptop has a core i3-330M CPU installed. The service manual lists a core i7-620M maybe fitted? Would this work and are there any updates to the CPU cooling system required. Regards,Derek

A:G62-105SA Core i7 upgrade

Hi, No need to change the heatsink or fan, because the same part is used to cool a i3 or i7, so if you must replace the thermal material Fan/heat sink assembly for use with UMA systems (includes replacement thermal material) Manual:http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02542455.pdf

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/G62-105SA-Core-i7-upgrade/td-p/5783536
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
My PC Motherboard Model is P5PE-VM with the following specifications:

CPU: LGA775 socket for Intel Pentium D / Pentium 4 / Celeron Processor
Supports Intel Dual Core 65nm Intel processors
Supports Intel Hyper Threading Technology
Supports Intel Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology (EIST)

Chipset: Northbridge: Intel 865G Southbridge: Intel ICH5

Front Side Bus: 1066 / 800 / 533 MHZ

My question is: Can I change my actual processor (LGA 2.6 GHZ) to Core 2 Duo or Cre i3 processors??
Does this Motherbord can support (accept) these thecnology?

Please advise.
Thanks in Advance

A:Can I upgrade to Core 2 Duo or Cre i3 processors?

The I3 uses a LGA 1156 socket,so in order to use
it you would need to upgrade to a new motherboard.
There are certain models of the duo that fit 775,but
you would need to check the compatability at the
motherboard manufacturers website.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-upgrade-to-core-2-duo-or-cre-i3-processors.952777/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an HP Envy 15 x360, and I was wondering if I can upgrade the core i7 dual core to a newer quad core i7. I would also like to know if I can remove the stock two 4GB ram sticks and replace them with two 8GB ram sticks. One last thing if possible would be to replace the HDD with an SSD. How possible would this be? Does the Envy 15 support all of this?

A:Can I upgrade to a quad core, more RAM, and an SSD?

Hi, What is your HP Envy 15 x360  ? There are few generations on HP Envy 15 x360  around.  Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-to-a-quad-core-more-RAM-and-an-SSD/td-p/5606530
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I have a Lenovo R61 laptop. CPU-Z says my motherboard is a model 8918A11.BIOS Version 7KET59WW (1.09). Can I upgrade my T7100 to a T9500 CPU? Thanks,Steve

A:Can I upgrade my R61's CPU to a Intel Core 2 Duo M...

Yes, that CPU should work...

-

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/Can-I-upgrade-my-R61-s-CPU-to-a-Intel-Core-2-Duo-Mobile-T9500/td-p/3430343
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I'm just about to upgrade my Mesh Matrix Premier (AMD Athlon? 64 3500+ with ASUS A8N-VM - Nforce 410 PCI-Express Mainboard) to a AMD Dual Core 64 4400 CPU.

Does the team think that Windows XP (SP3 installed) will cope with the change or should I plan to re-install XP?

And then! if I were to upgrade to Vista, would it be worth installing the 64 bit version?

or should I just burn my anorak?

A:Dual core upgrade

You probably can get away with a Windows XP repair. The current installation won't work as the memory map for the new board is not the same as the old one. A Windows XP repair will update the memor map accordingly. Also, it will update the chipset device drives too.

Best,
-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-upgrade.114841/
Relevancy 48.59%

Alright, so I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 which uses an Intep 945PM Chipset with a Core Duo processor (slightly different from its successor). Further specs of my laptop are available here:
http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/dell-inspiron-e1705/4507-3121_7-31631866.html

First of all, will the core 2 duo processor be compatible with the present motherboard (i.e., will it fit into the socket and run properly w/o damaging the pMOBO)?
Secondly, is it worth the upgrade if the L2 cache is to increase from 2MB to 4MB?
Lastly, would I be required to use a different cooling assembly and if so what are all the hardware I would need to purchase for this specific proccessor's cooling. I have virtually no knowledge of cooling systems so please be as specific as possible (fan, cooling paste, know that they exist dont know how to use them).

A:Looking to upgrade to Core 2 Duo processor?

What you want to do can't be done with laptops.
If you want the specs for your system the owner's manual would be a better choice than a Cnet review. Have a look:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins9400/en/om/parts.htm#wp1052375

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-upgrade-to-core-2-duo-processor.86545/
Relevancy 48.59%

Does anyone know if I can upgrade the processor in an H30-50 Intel Core i3 desktop? Will the motherboard accept an i5 or i7?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H30-50-Intel-Core-i3-Upgrade/td-p/3340021
Relevancy 48.16%

I recently bought a desktop which came with Windows 8.1 Core. I have an old desktop running Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center (retail). Can I deactivate the license on old desktop and use it on the new one via "Change product key"? Or I need to do a fresh install? Thank you in advance!

A:Windows 8.1 Core to Pro upgrade question

WMC keys are not transferable... You could try using WDT to backup your current activation and restoring it on a new Pro with WMC install - then try phone activation... I doubt it will work though.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/62639-windows-8-1-core-pro-upgrade-question.html
Relevancy 48.16%

What I have:
Acer Aspire SA80
e661fgm mobo
Socket vga775
Celeron D in it

I was wondering if I could swap that for an intel dual core also having socket 775.

If the answer is no, I'd appreciate the explaination, would it be because of specs being too low on the mobo? Which specs? I finally found specs for the mobo on the ecs site, only says stuff about "up to" whatever GhZ.

I wouldn't wanna have to buy a new mobo to use a dual core..

Any help would be amazing : )

A:Upgrade to a dual core, socket 775

You wouldn't be able to run the latest Core2Duos.

The motherboard doesn't have enough power phases to deal with them.

For true confirmation, why not call Acer and see what's the most powerful CPU you can pop in there?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-to-a-dual-core-socket-775.148808/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have Dell Precision 380. It has 3.2 Ghz processor and intel i955x mother board. Can i upgrade my computer to Core 2Duo?
Or how far I can upgrade it at most?
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Is it possible to upgrade Dell Precision 380 to Core 2 Duo?

It all depends on the socket on the motherboard.
What socket do you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-upgrade-dell-precision-380-to-core-2-duo.157590/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Eight Forums members,

I currently have Windows 8.1 Core installed on my PC. I am interested in upgrading to Windows 8.1 Pro however, but I do not want to lose/re-install programs, or have to jump through hoops to run it.

Is there a way to do this without having to install Windows all over again?

Thanks,
Michael.

A:Upgrade Windows 8.1 Core to Pro, without reinstall?

Hi

You can buy "Pro pack" which will upgrade "Core" edition to "Pro".

Buy Windows 8.1 Pro Pack - Microsoft Store

Amazon.com: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro Pack (Win 8.1 to Win 8.1 Pro Upgrade) - Key Card

Here is how to : Add features - Microsoft Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/65966-upgrade-windows-8-1-core-pro-without-reinstall.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am considering an upgrade from the i3 4160 to i5 or i7.
Would the upgrade processor fit into an OptiPlex 3020 desktop and what would be best?
Is the upgrade going to provide a marked improvement in performance generally?  I watch movies and listen to music, streaming both.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987275
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there I was just wondering if I can upgrade my processor to dual core on my Dell Dimension if it's possible Because I went to a certain computer site and it said that dual-core celeron Cpu's do actually work with the Dimension I can my I Celeron Cpu would upgrade dual I a if to to know like core do not think that this is really true because it is a Pentium based motherboard Is it not But I bought a Pentium Ghz processor for my computer Because the Pentium Cpu now in I would like to know if I can upgrade my Cpu to a dual core Celeron it is only about Ghz with a Fsb rate But the one that I am getting is the Ghz with a Fsb rate to it Now I believe that this is the fastest Pentium that there is available Is that so I was just checking Because I would like to know if I can upgrade my Cpu to a dual core Celeron I wanted to upgrade my Cpu and take out the old one and put in the new Cpu when it comes I wanted to order a newer Cpu because I want to record VHS tapes to my computer And for this I have gotten a T V tuner card along with a Nvidia MB graphics card But that article that I read online said that my Dimension can take dual-core celeron Cpu's And also it said even that it takes quad-core Cpu's too But for this I would probably have to buy a new motherboard for this and take out my old one in my computer and put the new one in if that is even possible Is it even So just explain to me on what types of motherboards are compatible with my Dell Dimension Just let me know here I saw some photos online of someone else have a Dimension And they upgraded the motherboard on it with a dual-core Cpu too as well I think that this motherboard was blue instead of green like I have currently But are all motherboards the same size as the one in my Dimension Because I would like to go quad-core if that is possible But I do not want to buy a whole new desktop or laptop because I already have a brand new Acer laptop which is dual-core So that is fine enough for me Instead what I wanted to know from you if it is possible to buy a new motherboard and switch to dual core on my Dimension I would just like to know on more about this I will post some photos of this for you Well anyway please get back to me as soon as possible And just let me know here I what I can do to make this computer faster So thank you very much Here is the link for you to check out Finished My Dell Dimension Rebuild project Pictures - New-System-Build - Homebuilt-Systems

A:I would like to know if I can upgrade my Cpu to a dual core Celeron

To update your CPU you will need to install a new Motherboard, and this new motherboard will require different RAM then the sticks you have. And your Power Supply Unit will need to be upgraded to work with the new motherboard. Other then the HDD and the CD drives, in essence, you need to buy a whole new computer. You can better spend your money on a New/Used computer from Ebay or Craigslist.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-would-like-to-know-if-i-can-upgrade-my-cpu-to-a-dual-core-celeron-662732.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, this is my first post here in hp support forum and the title says it all. Can anyone please tell me for sure whether it is possible to upgrade my PC to Core i7-4790K? Many thanks in advance.  Regards. Abdullah.

A:Can I upgrade my HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF to Core i7-4790K?

Hi, Please check page #5 of the following document:     http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04128105.pdf Looks like a NO, newer BIOS does not mention anything about CPU. Only   Fixed F10 "BIOS Power On" issue where TIME was not getting saved unless cursor (focus) remained on TIME setting in F10 menu. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-HP-ProDesk-600-G1-SFF-to-Core-i7-4790K/td-p/5800063
Relevancy 48.16%

My notebook currently has a AMD E-300 APU w/ Radeon HD graphics 1.30 GHz. I've never done this before, so I have no experience in upgrading/installing a new processor.  

A:Is it possible to upgrade my HP 635 Notebook to a Dual Core ...

Hi, It is not possible because the AMD E-300 processor is welded on the motherboard.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-it-possible-to-upgrade-my-HP-635-Notebook-to-a-Dual-Core/td-p/5749271
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I am thinking of upgrading my PC's motherboard, processor and increasing my memory.

I can upgrade through my original retailer but I am looking for some recommendations of what I should upgrade to. I use the PC for the net, gaming, and general home use.

My current hardware is Gigabyte GA 7ZX-1 ATX T-bird M/b and an
AMD Thunderbird 800. What amount of RAM should I go for (I currently have a 128 and 64 PC/133)?

thanks in advance

Relevancy 48.16%

Looking for advice on maximizing my processor. I have an Asus P5E mother board with an Intel quad core Q6600 2.4GHZ. I want to get the most out of this mother board and would like advice on upgrading. It has a LGA 775 socket. I may also consider upgrading the video card as well. Currently I have an ATI Radeon HD3800 with 512 mb. Expert advice would be appreciated.
Thanks, Lou

Relevancy 48.16%

So I am trying to make the move from console to PC for my gaming but my computer has long been used for mainly paying bills Upgrade or 2 Q6700 Core replace? online classes and web browsing I am wondering mostly because it seems that the parts I am searching for have Upgrade or replace? Core 2 Q6700 all been rendered obsolete if it is worth it to update and or upgrade my year old PC any further It has seen OS changes currently Windows upgraded to GB ram although not high performance and most recently an additional case fan a Corsair power supply and AMD Raedon HD card this past week My major malfunction aside from lack of knowledge is that I play mostly Battlefield and and wanted to play the Hardline Beta on the PC but cant connect I also tried to buy BF for PC and cant connect either I was looking for a Motherboard with capabilities to OC my Q to around - so I can compete with newer machines but I am finding it hard to find new ones and I am quite frankly scared to buy off ebay for an electrical item that I have limited knowledge of exactly what I need to fit my specs I plan on getting a new Corsair case to make easy on myself this time as I think I may have caused long term cramping in my hands working in that Dell case And I guess it would be a good idea to get an A M heatsink and fan at that point Any help and opinions would be greatly appreciated I'm sure I left something out

A:Upgrade or replace? Core 2 Q6700

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You need to be more specific with the "i cant connect" situation.. this isnt a hardware fault so theres nothing broken, this is a connection/game issue.

If you really just want a new pc, then dont buy one, build one. You have a decent branded powersupply so you can keep that for the new rig, the rest is all down to budget.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/335530-upgrade-replace-core-2-q6700.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am wanting to upgrade my current machine to a dual core Amd and DDR Ram as the motherboard market is geared towards PCI-E these days I find myself needing to find a quality board that wont break me financially so that i might continue to use my AGP card I am not opposed to PCI-E but spent quite a bit on my ultra a couple of years back and it preforms remarkably well and i just cant bring myself to replace it would like to have a board to want dual upgrade want card to but my to VGA keep core with both EIDE and SATA controllers I run Raid and supports at least GB of DDR Ram I m open to all suggestions and have presently only found a couple of ASrock boards with the specs I desire I have no experience with ASrock products and am totally ignorant as to the want to upgrade to dual core but want to keep my VGA card quality of their want to upgrade to dual core but want to keep my VGA card products As it is probably apparent cost is the issue here I spent close to US for that AGP card and I am stubborn and hard headed about wanting to replace it just to get superior performance from a dual core CPU Is DDR worth putting this upgrade off for Any advice would be greatly appreciated My thanks go out to all who read this nbsp

A:want to upgrade to dual core but want to keep my VGA card

Asrock boards aren't great. They're jointly manufactured by Asus (a quality brand) and Ecs (a not so quality brand). I think Asus just do the designing and Ecs do the rest. Personally i would go with pci-express. I know it's not what you want to hear but there really aren't too many boards supporting ddr-2 and agp. A few years is a long time for a vid card and while i'm sure it performs well agp boards are getting less and less available so for general upgradeability (which imo is always essential with computers) pci-express is the way to go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-upgrade-to-dual-core-but-want-to-keep-my-vga-card.589829/
Relevancy 47.73%
Q: hp 6300

I need to upgrade ASUS STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5 , dimensions are "21.52 x 12.12 x4.09 Centimeter" into hp compaq pro 6300. Is it possible ??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-6300/td-p/5680926
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi allI have a lenovo Z500 with this config:core i34GB RAMgraphic card on boardIs it possible to install a grphic card (with any model) on this labtop??as I told, i have no graphic card but that onboard.thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/how-can-I-upgrade-graphic-card-for-Z500-core-i3-with-jaust-an/td-p/3353427
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have a L420 and wish to upgrade the cpu to Intel Core i7 processor i7-2630QM with quad-core. right now I just have an i5 core cpu. before i go out and purchase an upgrade, I wanted to ask people on this forum if its ok. on the L420 page here:https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/pd015766 it has:ProcessorPremiere performance and ultraportability; two spindlesAvailable processors are: Intel Core i7 processor i7-2630QM with quad-coreDDR3 memory controller (up to 1333MHz), Intel Turbo Boost, Hyper-Threading technology; 6MB cacheso can i upgrade my cpu please anyone? thank you so much. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/L420-CPU-upgrade-to-Intel-Core-i7-processor-i7-2630QM-with-quad/td-p/3333285
Relevancy 47.73%

HiI want to upgrade graphic card in my hp pavilion g6 laptop

A:I want to upgrade graphic card in my go pavilion g6 core i3 ...

No there is no video card slot to add anything in. We would need your model number to see if there is any motherboard replacement with better video but that rarely makes any economic sense.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-want-to-upgrade-graphic-card-in-my-go-pavilion-g6-core-i3/td-p/5704708
Relevancy 47.73%

i have an emachine et1831-05 and i only have a single core celeron at 2.2 ghz. can i upgrade to a dual core. the mother board supports lg775.

A:Et1831-05 can I upgrade my processor to dual core

It depends on the chipset used in the motherboard, power requirements of the new cpu and the old motherboard's ability to provide that power, and if the BIOS has any limitations added by the manufacture that may supersede the chipset design.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/et1831-05-can-i-upgrade-my-processor-to-dual-core.177801/
Relevancy 47.73%

I would like to know if it is worth upgrading to a core i7 920. Currently i have a QX6850 overclocked to 3.8GHZ running DDR3 memory, My motherboard is Asus p5e3 Deluxe WiFi, Would i see much improvements? I do alot of video encoding.. not much a gammer.. Thanks

A:Upgrade to Core i7 or stick with my overclocked QX6850?

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/.../compare,836.html?prod[2271]=on&prod[2190]=on

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-to-core-i7-or-stick-with-my-overclocked-qx6850.822905/
Relevancy 47.73%

SPEC
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-B590-MBX2JGE-Notebook.88518.0.html

If it can be please recommend which upgrade would be best.

Processor:
Intel Core i3-3110M 2.4 GHz

Socket:
FCBGA1023, FCPGA988

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-the-lenova-b590-core-i3-processor-be-upgrade-to-a-i5-or-i7.1114371/
Relevancy 47.73%

Can anyone tell me if I can upgrade the cpu on my dv6 laptop? I have heard all kinds of conflicting stories about it. I know that Core cpu's are pretty much compatible voltage-wise and socket-wise. I don't know if the cpu is soldered in or plugs in like a desktop. I have taken an A+ class so I know a bit about what I am doing but I don't want to take my laptop apart unless I have some more info on the subject.

A:Can I upgrade the CPU on a HP dv6-2150us laptop with Core M 330 @ 2.13GHz

Doing an image search on google for "HP dv6-2150us motherboard" gives images that seem to show a CPU socket on the board. I guess you'll also have to check HPs website to see if they list BIOSs supporting other CPUs on that laptop/motherboard. You'll only be able to upgrade to whatever the maximum supported CPU via the HP BIOS is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-upgrade-the-cpu-on-a-hp-dv6-2150us-laptop-with-core-m-330-2-13ghz.173236/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, The motherboard on the Gateway EC1803h supports Front Side Bus of 1066\800, I found a company that's willing to reball a new cpu for me on the board and i wanted to know if the Duo Core SP9600 would be a good substitude; General specsRelease date:2009Microarchitecture:CoreCore Name:PenrynManufacturing Process:0.045 micronSocket Type:BGA956The Number of Cores:2The Number of Threads:2Multiprocessing:Not supportedFrequency:2.533 GHzBus speed:1.066 GHzL1 Cache:64 KB (code)64 KB (data)L2 Cache:6 MBThermal Design Power:25 Watt

A:Gateway EC1803h CPU Upgrade with Duo Core SP9600

You have the Celeron SU 2300 at 800MHz,1.2 GHz, 10w and want to replace it with a SP9600 at 1066MHz, 2.533GHz, 25w. Do you know if the cooling system can handle a 15 watt increase and the big question is, will the bios allow it.I made a GHz jump that big in a Dell and it worked. I went from a A-8 to a A-10 in a Acer V3 and it didn't allow it.I guess it depends on how much you like the laptop.    

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Gateway-EC1803h-CPU-Upgrade-with-Duo-Core-SP9600/td-p/420605
Relevancy 47.73%

You can to Upgrade Want D 920 2 Core a (Presler) a ? Duo Pentium to Quad see the specs under my avatar but I have been checking around on websites and find confusing info Some say yes you can Want to Upgrade a Pentium D 920 (Presler) to a Core Duo 2 Quad ? upgrade others say the BIOS will not support it I am using Windows Forum because I have Obviously updated this PC from a Windows XP Pro Machine on a Pentium D to a Windows then to a dual boot Windows Ultimate Windows Pro It runs rather well hard to believe but the newer GPU I installed has helped with the display videos and graphic rendering overall I have upgraded times the GPU and current have a cheaper priced very good fit for this PC an MSI made Geforce GT with GDDR Works like a charm for USD I originally had a GT which was okay but gave me a lot of problems when I finally was able to do the second major update to Windows Pro the version build The first and original video card when I purchased this back in was an nForce series Wow talk about old times However doing the recent graphics upgrades I am amazed at the speed for web browsing videos and photo editing I use this PC mainly for ESRI's ArcMap which is a resource hog When I put the newer GPU in I noticed quite a better overall performance - on the graphics side but of course that doesn't affect the CPU I can get away with what I have it really isn't bad at all but if I could speed up opening programs multitasking better and overall performance not just in graphics I would be willing to take the chance Believe it or not the Core Duo Quad that as a brand new processor is a HOT item being a lot of DELL OptiPlex s which are a lot of them out there throughout the world have the ability to upgrade from a D to a Core Duo quad Having said that I have seen brand new in box selling at over USD Most are going for near or at USD You can buy a used one on eBay take a chance and get one for - USD Okay with that out of the way can anyone guide me to a better source which will let me know if this Mobo can hold from a Pentium D on Socket LGA Motherboard Intel - D WT G chipset i x core voltage at nm Instructions MMX SSE SSE SSE EM T VT-x FSB MHz PCI Express x One other PCI slots I can give you the CPU-Z screen shots if that is better Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated As far as I could see as a definite I can upgrade to a higher Pentium D or the Pentium Extreme Edition just before they released the Core Duo However I have seen others who did the upgrade from a Pentium D to a Core Dou Quad Especially this one which is VERY HIGH Priced New Intel Core Quad Processor Q

A:Want to Upgrade a Pentium D 920 (Presler) to a Core Duo 2 Quad ?

Originally Posted by jaxxxx

You can see the specs under my avatar, but I have been checking around on websites and find confusing info. Some say yes, you can upgrade, others say the BIOS will not support it. I am using Windows 10 Forum because I have (Obviously) updated this PC from a Windows XP Pro Machine on a Pentium D 920, to a Windows 7, then to a dual boot Windows 7 Ultimate/Windows 10 Pro. It runs rather well, hard to believe but the newer GPU I installed has helped with the display, videos, and graphic rendering overall.

I have upgraded 3 times, the GPU, and current have a cheaper priced very good fit for this PC, an MSI made Geforce 730 GT with GDDR5 (Works like a charm for $20 USD). I originally had a GT 9400 which was okay, but gave me a lot of problems when I finally was able to do the second major update to Windows 10 Pro, the 1511 version, build 10586.420. The first and original video card when I purchased this back in 2006, was an nForce 500 series. Wow, talk about old times! However, doing the recent graphics upgrades, I am amazed at the speed for web browsing, videos, and photo editing. I use this PC mainly for ESRI's ArcMap 10.3, which is a resource hog. When I put the newer GPU in, I noticed quite a better overall performance - on the graphics side, but of course that doesn't affect the CPU. I can get away with what I have, it really isn't bad at all, but if I could speed up opening programs, multitasking better, and overall performance not just in graphics, I would be willing to take the chance.

Believe it or not, the Core Duo 2 Quad, that as a brand new processor is a HOT item, being a lot of DELL OptiPlex 750s (which are a lot of them out there throughout the world) have the ability to upgrade from a D to a Core Duo 2 quad. Having said that, I have seen brand new in box selling at over 1,000 USD. Most are going for near or at $400 USD. You can buy a used one on eBay, take a chance, and get one for $60-80 USD

Okay, with that out of the way, can anyone guide me to a better source which will let me know if this Mobo can hold from a Pentium D 920 on Socket 775 LGA Motherboard, Intel - D975WT2G1, chipset i975x, core voltage at 1.29 65 nm, Instructions MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 EM64T VT-x, FSB @ 800 MHz, PCI Express x 16 (One), 3 other PCI slots. I can give you the CPU-Z screen shots if that is better...

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. As far as I could see as a definite, I can upgrade to a higher Pentium D, or the Pentium Extreme Edition, just before they released the Core Duo. However, I have seen others who did the upgrade from a Pentium D to a Core Dou 2 Quad, Especially this one, which is VERY HIGH Priced New:
Intel? Core™2 Quad Processor Q9450

By the way, if yu ever get to look at the "Reviews" for this Intel Based CPU, you will be amazed at the almost 100% fantastic reviews, ones from who had them originally from a PC like mine bought a year or so afterwards, say 2008, and still running after 3-4 GPU updates, RAM and other small priced updates, where they still can use this CPU on the mobo it was slotted in since 2007-2008... Amazing, never have I seen such overall reviews so positive, some go as far to say they do not build CPUs anymore like these to last as this one. I am also correcting my Title, the CPU should be called the Core 2 Quad.

This is just a sample of an overall mirror to about 99.99% reviews regarding the Core 2 Quad:

This review is from: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield Quad-Core 2.4 GHz LGA 775 BX80562Q6600 Processor
Pros: Having purchased this processor for a custom build in 2007, I am still amazed at what it can handle in 2014. If you're trying to build a PC on a budget and can get your hands on one of these it will be well worth the money.
Cons: Motherboards which support this chip-set are becoming scarce and expensive

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55835-want-upgrade-pentium-d-920-presler-core-duo-2-quad.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I'm upgrading an old HP/Compaq 4000pro sff. I've installed a core2duo quad Q9650, a Samsung 850 Evo 1tb,8gigs of ram,& a saphyre radeon 6450 video card. Is there anything I need to know before pluggin' it in,turnin' it on & tryn' to load? I checked & the Q9550 was an option on this model,the Q9650 is only ".17 ghz." faster, also will heat be a problem? This is my first crack at somethin' like this & it's makin' me kinda nervous. THANKS FOR BEIN' THERE!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Compaq-4000pro-sff-cpu-upgrade-pentium-D-2-8-ghz-to/td-p/5616731
Relevancy 47.73%

I was just wondering if I am able to upgrade my Pavilion 23 (HP Pavilion TouchSmart 23-f269 All-in-One Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR) Model #:H5Q52AA Serial #:3CR33101YQ) CPU into an Intel Core i5 3470S. I couldn't find any upgrade requirements for my specific computer model but I did find them for the Envy 23 (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03511475).Core i5 link:http://www.intel.ca/buy/ca/en/product/components/intel-core-i5-3470s-321940#tech_specs

A:Can I Upgrade Pavilion 23 CPU to Intel Core i5-3470S?

Hi ZepiFy, Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:ProcessorTDPAMD A6 6400K (Richland) Dual Coreup to 65WAMD A8 6500 (Richland) Quad Coreup to 65WAMD A10 6700 (Richland) Quad Coreup to 65WAMD A4 5300 (Trinity) Dual Coreup to 65WAMD A6 5400K (Trinity) Dual Coreup to 65WAMD A8 5500 (Trinity) Quad Coreup to 65WAMD A10 5700 (Trinity) Quad Coreup to 65W http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03846460 So i think Intel Core i5 3470S will not be supported. RegardsSATISHP4 Click " Thumb's up " icon if the question is answered/resolved.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-Upgrade-Pavilion-23-CPU-to-Intel-Core-i5-3470S/td-p/5690410
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
I read many posts about the opportunity to upgrade an Optiplex GX620 from a Pentium 4 to a pentium D. upgrading up to a D 930 or a D 960 seems good (according to the feedbacks).
Intel developed a lot of Dual Core processors. For example Pentium E 5500
When we look at the specs we can see that the socket is the same (LGA 775), and the FSB (800 mhz required) also. The voltage of the E5500 seems to match with the voltage of the D or 4 . I understand that E5500 has a smaller TDP (65 W) than a pentium D and should not give problem with heat..
My question is : can we upgrade an optiplex GX 620 from a Pentium 4 to a pentium E 5500 ? and, if it is, does it worth it?
Thanks,

A:Optiplex GX620 upgrade to dual core

Short Answer NO you cannot.
The E5500 will not work in the 620.
Bios MUST BE UPDATED Before changing CPU.
Max CPU is the Dual Core Smithfield D820 or D840 CPU  Pentium D 
Intel Pentium D 840 HH80551PG0882MN
(BX80551PG3200FN / BX80551PG3200FT)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19363914
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I have a Quad core W530 that I want to 32GB RAM. It currently has 4gb in each of the four slots.However, the Lenovo 'Companion' software says two of my four slots are not upgradeable! Is this right?  Thanks, Phil

Capture.PNG ?56 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Upgrade-Quad-core-W530-to-32GB-RAM/td-p/3342387
Relevancy 47.73%

I wanted to upgrade my HP 2560P with an Intel Celeron B840 to an Intel Core i5-3320M. According to Intel the socket is the same: FCPGA988. The BIOS is updated to F62, but when I place the new processor the laptop tries to boot and immediately shuts down. Then the laptop automatically tries to boot a second time and shuts down again. I bought the i5-3320M second-hand, so there is the possibility I bought a broken one. Is it possible to upgrade the 2560P with an i5-3320M? Is it compatible? Did I overlook something? Or is the processor just broken?

A:Upgrade HP 2560P with Intel Core i5-3320M

Dear Customer, Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum. Below is the list of processors that has been tested and certifed by HP.  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-HP-2560P-with-Intel-Core-i5-3320M/td-p/5811923
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, The motherboard on the Gateway EC1803h supports Front Side Bus of 1066\800, I found a company that's willing to reball a new cpu for me on the board and i wanted to know if the Duo Core SP9600 would be a good substitude; General specsRelease date:2009Microarchitecture:CoreCore Name:PenrynManufacturing Process:0.045 micronSocket Type:BGA956The Number of Cores:2The Number of Threads:2Multiprocessing:Not supportedFrequency:2.533 GHzBus speed:1.066 GHzL1 Cache:64 KB (code)64 KB (data)L2 Cache:6 MBThermal Design Power:25 Watt

A:Gateway EC1803h CPU Upgrade with Duo Core SP9600

You have the Celeron SU 2300 at 800MHz,1.2 GHz, 10w and want to replace it with a SP9600 at 1066MHz, 2.533GHz, 25w. Do you know if the cooling system can handle a 15 watt increase and the big question is, will the bios allow it.I made a GHz jump that big in a Dell and it worked. I went from a A-8 to a A-10 in a Acer V3 and it didn't allow it.I guess it depends on how much you like the laptop.    

http://community.acer.com/t5/Gateway-eMachines-and-Packard/Gateway-EC1803h-CPU-Upgrade-with-Duo-Core-SP9600/td-p/420605/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

CPU: AMD Six-core FX-6300 3.5Ghz
-Optical: LiteOn Dual Layer DVD/CD brander 24x RAM
-Grafisch: ATI-Radeon R9-280-3GB (TurboDUO OC) HDMI DVI DP Tripple screen
-PSU: Zeer stille, zuinige <1W & krachtige 12cm 600W Realpower 80+ gecertificeerde voeding
-ATX: Corsair RED-LED fan gaming tower USB3.0 front.
-HDD: Sata3 1000Gb (1Tb) 32Mb 7200Rpm harddisk
-Geheugen: Micron 8Gb-1600 DDR3 (uitbreidbaar tot 32GB)
-Mobo: Asrock AM3+ 980DE3 FX Full-ATX met:

So i got this cpu with standard 3.5ghz cpu and 4.1 ghz boost.

I bought new cpu cooler that is better then stock, how can increase standard cpu speed to 3.9 ghz and leave the boost at 4.1 ghz? Are there any tutorials?

A:How to overclock FX 6300 3.5 ghx?

vladimir21 I have just deleted your second post.

Please read the rules, no duplicate posts allowed.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/123344-how-overclock-fx-6300-3-5-ghx.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Please suggest me a best motherboard (upto Rs. 6000) and a PSU for AMD FX-6300 processor.

A:Motherboard for amd fx-6300

Why not try the MSI Gaming 970 motherboard, its pretty inexpensive and a decent motherboard. Where do you shop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-for-amd-fx-6300.205255/
Relevancy 47.3%

Could someone answer the following questions regarding the comparison of these two CPU's

1. Best value for money?

2. Personal opinion, which would you get?

3. Should I consider a lower end i5?

4. Which offers the best upgrade path? (consider steamroller and excavator)

and if you dont mind explain yrou reasons

A:i3 3220 or FX-6300

I thought you already had this figured out. Save up and get an Intel i5 and decent Z77 motherboard.

As for those 2 CPU's......the AMD is $139 and the Intel is $129. AMD prices their processors to match Intel at various price points for a reason, and that reason is whatever CPU is closest in price is probably it's equivalent in terms of overall performance. The FX 6300 has 6 cores and the i3 3220 is dual core with HT.....there are some things the Intel will run faster/better and vice versa. I would go with a decent Asus Z77 motherboard and a good Intel i5 CPU. It will last you much longer than you think, and will beat most AMD CPU's handily.

You mentioned upgrade paths.........AMD will probably be the way to go there. I don't know how much longer they plan on using the AM3+ platform, but they just released a new architecture for it, and Intel has pushed socket 1155 as far as they are going to go.

Kelly

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264245-i3-3220-fx-6300-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am thinking about upgrading my GPU. my budget is about 327 dollars. i Want a GPU that will not be bottlenecked by my amd fx-6300 that much. i am currently thinking about the GeForce GTX 970and the R9 380, or different ones. I want to get good and decent performance in gaming. Games like Csgo, Rust and Gta 5. What should i buy.

A:What GPU should i buy to match my amd fx-6300

depends on your PSU. The new Radeon RX 480 performs better than the 380, and fits better into your budget than a 970, if your running a 1080P monitor and want to run these games on medium to high the 480 would be my choice, the CPU shouldn't bottleneck,but i'm not 100% sure.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157319.0.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi nbsp nbsp I woud like to upgrade the processor on my HP Pavilion -e us notebook nbsp It currently has an Intel Core i - m dual-core processor running at GHz nbsp I realize that upgrading the processor in my model also means I need a new motherboard and heatsink and I am willing to replace those parts too nbsp I am looking for a quad-core processor that can run over GHz it's OK if the base frequency is under as long is it can Turbo be overclocked above 17-e020us Upgrade Core HP with Pavilion i3-3110... on Processor GHz nbsp nbsp If this helps I know the TDP of the notebook's current processor is W when I am upgrading I am looking to get more performance I don't care if it lowers battery life and uses Processor Upgrade on HP Pavilion 17-e020us with Core i3-3110... more power nbsp The notebook currently doesn't have a battery the one it came with died and this is the one it used nbsp nbsp http www ebay com itm Genuine- WH-HP-Pavilion-PI - -E - -E - - -HSTNN-UB N-Battery nbsp nbsp The reason I mention this is that some newer mobile processors such as this one nbsp http ark intel com products Intel-Core-i - HQ-Processor- M-Cache-up-to- -GHz use more power but have better performance nbsp Can I get a processor like that one that uses more power but is more powerful Would that one work nbsp If so what other parts would I have to replace nbsp If you need to know anything else about the notebook's specs you can find it here nbsp http support hp com us-en document c nbsp nbsp So which is the best processor that I can upgrade to that fits my needs see the second paragraph regardless of cost nbsp What other components would I have to buy nbsp Links to what I would need would be great nbsp Thank you very much to all who answer Solved View Solution

A:Processor Upgrade on HP Pavilion 17-e020us with Core i3-3110...

Hi, There is a list of CPU's supported for the series on page #2 of the Maintenance and Service Guide on the following link:       http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-PC-series/5375409/model/5395210/manuals Please don't ask mw why but you have to go to page 85 to get the right part number for selected CPU and order from HP. The document also shows you how to replace the CPU. And if you ask my why, my answer: In many cases, we need right HP part number, buyning elsewhere the chance to get it to work is 50/50. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Processor-Upgrade-on-HP-Pavilion-17-e020us-with-Core-i3/td-p/5714222
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear All,I have new laptop (lenovo y5070 intel core i7-4710hq) with 8GB Ram, 4GB for each slot.I want to upgrade to 32GB, is it possible?and to upgrade, should I use 2 ram slot or one possible? 

A:lenovo y5070 intel core i7-4710HQ Ram Upgrade

The most ram you can use is 16gb 1600mhz. It's limited by the CPU, and also by the DIMM slots. Its impossible to find 32gb in 16x2 SODIMM. But 16gb (8x2) is plenty .P.S. Use 2 slots if possible, dual band is faster than single.

Y510p: i7 4700MQ (Overclocked to 3.6GHz), SLI GT 755M (Each Overclocked 111MHz), Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2133MHz, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, MyDigitalSSD SuperBoot 128GB, Intel Wireless-AC 7260, Windows 10 HomeDell XPS 13 (2015): i5 5200U, Intel HD 5500, 4GB 1600MHz, 128GB Samsung M.2 SSD, 802.11ac WLAN, Windows 10 Home (School Laptop)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/lenovo-y5070-intel-core-i7-4710HQ-Ram-Upgrade/td-p/2022617
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys MOTHERBOARD Crosshair II Formular - nVidia GeForce CPU AMD Athlon x Dual Core Processor x2 AMD dual-core upgrade Suggestions for Athlon 64 4800+ VIDEO nVidia GeForce a SLi OS Windows Ultimate SP -bit So about a week ago my WD Cravier blue GB internal HDD died on me tried repairing bad sectors with chkdsk r and it said Suggestions for AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual-core 4800+ upgrade no bad sectors found but Dban and other software could not continue because of bad sectors so anyway I ve brought a new WD Cravier Green TB HDD and thought why not do a few more much needed upgrades at the same time so I upgraded my x GB DDR PC - ram to x GB DDR PC - which in total only cost me when compared to Crucial memory quoting me for the GB bundle However i m just wandering if you experts have any other performance upgrade advice Is there a better processor that s compatible with my mobo Am I better off using the onboard GeForce HDMI port or my a Sli How easy is it to multiboot with Ubuntu or ChromeOS oh and one more question that a friend asked me the other day might save me some precious google searching time he has installed win ultimate -bit but has two internal HDD s hooked up master slave but when he boots he gets the choice between quot Windows quot or Earlier version of windows quot i ve told him that he probably still has an operating system on the slave drive and windows is presenting a multiboot screen is this correct p s - Hello Mr Leeky i m sure you ll be one of the first in here lol nbsp

A:Suggestions for AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual-core 4800+ upgrade

37 views and nobody has any suggestions to any of the questions? come on techspot users...be brave!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-amd-athlon-64-x2-dual-core-4800-upgrade.165276/
Relevancy 47.3%

I - 6600U CORES Core TWO Upgrade options? i7 only is processor recently received nbsp a HP Probook G I 'wanted' the Probook for it one of the last laptops built with a 'real' onboard RS- serial port I also desired Core i7 6600U processor is only TWO CORES - Upgrade options? a quad nbsp core processor and would have never dreamed a modern high-end processor would only be dual core nbsp BUT I was surprised nbsp that the nbsp Core i U processor in my new laptop is only has TWO CORES and megs of cache Ughhh It was at that moment I remembered was ASSUME stands for nbsp So Core i7 6600U processor is only TWO CORES - Upgrade options? when I went out to HP's site to check and sure enough all the i i and i processors are all dual core The only exception was the i HQ that is a quad core processor megs of cache and has the intergrated Intel HD Graphics I have no nbsp idea how much better the nbsp Intel HD Graphics over the nbsp Intel HD Graphics that came with my unit nbsp Can a person upgrade power sipping dual core i to a stronger muscle flexing power gulping nbsp quad core megs of cache processor Is the CPU socketed Can my current motherboard accept a xxHQ processor My guess with the stronger nbsp CPU that using more power that a different heatsink fan would be required Would my power adapter work nbsp The simplest way would be buy a NEW laptop with the specs I want but it rather late for that This Probook G was not cheap and if I were to go to the boss for more for another laptop well it would not be pleasant nbsp Your comments suggestions opinions nbsp and flames are all welcome nbsp Bryan Smith

A:Core i7 6600U processor is only TWO CORES - Upgrade options?

See p. 24 of the Service Manual here.  Manual See the long list of motherboards each of which includes a processor? You asked whether the processor is socketed? No it is not and that is the end of the upgrade quest, unless you swapped out the motherboard. I am guessing just the motherboard with the i7-6820HQ is going to be well over $1000. How about nearly $1500? https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=ACF58104B267443785EDA1D549D7EFC2&SearchIn=P... Before you throw rocks at the "mere" dual core i7 in your laptop, consider that it performs nearly on par with a 4th gen high end quad core. http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-6600U-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4850HQ Modern high end processors, particularly in laptops, need to also consider power usage. Of course a Quad Core Skylake will be even more of a beast. The Intel 530 video is a minor improvement over the 520 for execution units, clock speed and gflops as shown below: HD Graphics 520GT224?1050403.2HD Graphics 530GT224?1150441.6  The Iris graphics is where it starts to be noticeably better.  If you figure a way to talk the boss into something new consider the Zbook G3 series. It can be equipped with up to a Xeon Quad-Core but even those are soldered on. It seems to be the trend. I think power management has gotten so tricky that it is hard to prevent power loss through any kind of a socketed processor and everything has to be as slim as possible for consumers, even the muscular workstation portables.  Post back with any more questions.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Core-i7-6600U-processor-is-only-TWO-CORES-Upgrade-options/td-p/5756863
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi everyone. 
Can i replace the current processor i3-330m with the i7-640m  or Intel Core I7 740QM  or
I7 840QM Q3SE ? 
...or which is the best processor for this laptop?
Thanks and Regards!

A:Dell Inspiron 1654 Intel core i3 upgrade

Hi Jordan Lzarov 
Thanks for writing to us. 
I7 processors are not tested on this laptop. 
Following are the ones which are tested and are sure to work
I5-520M :: part # N14CN
I5-430M:: part# DD23V
I5-540M :: part# 564CD 
Regards
Hema

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983372
Relevancy 47.3%

I upgraded to dual-core in laptop over a week ago and while it shows 2 processors in Device Manager and I do see benefits from dual-core my sidebar gadget shows both cores at work and i can set which core runs processes in Task Manager but ive been told I may have to change the HAL...

ive checked in Devmgmt and it says ACPI 86x Based-PC (in Vista) theres no mention of Multiprocessor PC ... I dunno if this is right or not..

Task manager shows both cores

what do I do???
THANKS

A:Dual Core upgrade: do i need to re-install VISTA for correct HAL?

Who is what is telling you to change the HAL, the HAL for a Windows based PC just comes down to basically motherboard drivers.

From the sounds of it, nothing is wrong, or broken so could you elaborate please.

Thank you paulb100

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-upgrade-do-i-need-to-re-install-vista-for-correct-hal.703783/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I found this notice on HP support nbsp Computers configured with Intel 64-bit core 4510U, Windows Intel upgrade 10 i7 for Windo... fro Broadwell Intel Core i - xxx Core i - xxx Core i - xxx Pentium xx Celeron xx xx or Haswell Intel Core i - xxx i - xxx i Windows 10 upgrade for Intel core i7 4510U, fro 64-bit Windo... - xxx Windows 10 upgrade for Intel core i7 4510U, fro 64-bit Windo... Pentium xx Celeron xx processors and -bit versions of Windows are not capable of upgrading to Windows using the Windows Upgrade tool nbsp I think my computer has one of these processors But I have bit version Windows nbsp So is this true for computers that have processors mentioned AND -bit verions of Windows In other words is it OK to upgrade if you have -bit version of Windows and one of these processors Because it also says nbsp To upgrade to Windows -bit you can either a perform a clean install to upgrade to Windows or -bit and then use the Windows Upgrade tool to upgrade to Windows -bit nbsp Thank you for your answer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-upgrade-for-Intel-core-i7-4510U-fro-64-bit/td-p/5697557
Relevancy 47.3%

Going to try to upgrade from an I to an ntel Core i - M GHz Same socket as the i nbsp will let you all know how it goes Highlight rows with differences Product Name Intel reg Core trade i - M Processor M Cache up to GHz Intel reg Core trade i - M Processor M Cache up to GHz Code Name Sandy Bridge Sandy Bridge Product Name Intel reg Core trade i - M Processor M Cache up to GHz Intel reg Core trade i - M Processor M Cache up to GHz Code Name Sandy Bridge Sandy Bridge - Essentials Status Launched Intel i7-2640M dell 2.8 GHz N5050 to Upgrade Core an Launched Launch Date Q Q Processor Number i - M i - M Cache MB Intel reg Smart Cache MB Intel reg Smart Cache Bus Type DMI DMI System Bus GT s GT s Instruction Set -bit -bit Instruction Set Extensions AVX AVX Embedded Options Available No No Lithography nm nm Recommended Customer Price BOX N A Datasheet Link Link - Performance of Cores of Threads Processor Base Frequency GHz GHz Max Turbo Frequency GHz GHz TDP W W - Memory Specifications Max Memory Size dependent on memory type GB GB Memory Types DDR DDR Max of Memory Channels Max Memory Bandwidth GB s GB s ECC Memory Supported Dagger No No - Graphics Specifications Processor Graphics Dagger Intel reg HD Graphics Intel reg HD Upgrade dell N5050 to an Intel Core i7-2640M 2.8 GHz Graphics Graphics Base Frequency MHz MHz Graphics Max Dynamic Frequency GHz GHz Graphics Output eDP DP HDMI SDVO CRT eDP DP HDMI SDVO CRT Intel reg Quick Sync Video Yes Yes Intel reg InTru trade D Upgrade dell N5050 to an Intel Core i7-2640M 2.8 GHz Technology Yes Yes Intel reg Wireless Display Yes Yes Intel reg Flexible Display Interface Intel reg FDI Yes Yes Intel reg Clear Video HD Technology Yes Yes Macrovision License Required No No of Displays Supported Dagger Device ID x x Intel reg Insider trade Yes - Expansion Options PCI Express Revision PCI Express Configurations Dagger x x x x x x x x Max of PCI Express Lanes - Package Specifications Max CPU Configuration TJUNCTION C C Package Size mm x mm rPGA B mm x mm BGA mm x mm rPGA B mm x mm BGA Graphics and IMC Lithography nm nm Sockets Supported FCBGA PPGA FCBGA PPGA Low Halogen Options Available See MDDS See MDDS - Advanced Technologies Intel reg Turbo Boost Technology Dagger Intel reg vPro Technology Dagger Yes Yes Intel reg Hyper-Threading Technology Dagger Yes Yes Intel Upgrade dell N5050 to an Intel Core i7-2640M 2.8 GHz reg Virtualization Technology VT-x Dagger Yes Yes Intel reg Virtualization Technology for Directed I O VT-d Dagger Yes Yes Intel reg VT-x with Extended Page Tables EPT Dagger Yes Yes Intel reg Dagger Yes Yes Intel reg My WiFi Technology Yes Yes G WiMAX Wireless Technology Yes Yes Idle States Yes Yes Enhanced Intel SpeedStep reg Technology Yes Yes Intel reg Demand Based Switching No No Thermal Monitoring Technologies Yes Yes Intel reg Fast Memory Access Yes Yes Intel reg Flex Memory Access Yes Yes Intel reg Identity Protection Technology Dagger Yes Yes - Intel reg Data Protection Technology Intel reg AES New Instructions Yes Yes - Intel reg Platform Protection Technology Trusted Execution Technology Dagger Yes Yes Execute Disable Bit Dagger Yes Yes Anti-Theft Technology Yes Yes

A:Upgrade dell N5050 to an Intel Core i7-2640M 2.8 GHz

Hey what happen then?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19661854
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone, I recently got HP Laptop : 11-S003TUI wanted to know if I can upgrade the ram size to 4GB or 8GB. It came with 2GB Ram., and I am planning to upgrade 4GB or 8GB RAM. Let me know if we can updgrade. If yes, what model RAM will best suite this laptop. Thank you Regards,Meganadh

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-the-RAM-of-my-11-S003TU-Celeron-Dual-Core/td-p/5714713
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello!I have a HP pavilion p6205fr with M2N68-LA (Narra6) motherboard. I wanted to upgrade it a little bit so I bought some RAM and the processor. The processor AMD Quad Core CPU Athlon II-X4 645 3.1GHz. It is said in the specification to this m/b that this processor is supported. But when I installed it OS and even BIOS didn't launch. Black screen only. So the question is is this issue fixable and if yes then how?Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/pavilion-p6205fr-upgrade-with-AMD-Quad-Core-CPU-Athlon-II-X4/td-p/5796777
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi i have a similar story to this thread HERE Basically i was running this I saw THIS on ebay and brought it I swapped over the MB pro running slower than problem upgrade/drive Dual core and Ram from this into my Dual core running slower than upgrade/drive problem previous spec system as this is the main PC in the house and in the aerocool case and i have a watt power suply I Didn t swap HD So i put the amd sck specs into the EBAY case Installed windows with no problems I turned the newly updated dual core PC and Dual core running slower than upgrade/drive problem went through all the hardware changes with no problems Everything seemed abit faster but occasionally the PC would freeze for - secs but you can still hear the HD hard at work I then went to Dual core running slower than upgrade/drive problem play my favourite game CoD online but to my surprise finding it slow and choppy even after the game detected the hardware changes I googled and found THIS tried the optimizer and amd driver but no difference I thought maybe because i didn t format So i formatted reinstalled windows updated windows installed all drivers from disk Tried my CoD game still slow I have tried updating bios MB graphics card drivers I have reinstalled the AMD optimizer and processor driver I still get the freezing of the PC especially if i minimize a game when my PC boots up and i click my computer the flashlight comes up for about secs before it finds anything I have checked my startup list and couldn t see anything i didn t recognize My friend with a similar system and exact same graphics card gets between - FPS while playing CoD online My previously mentioned AMD sct PC used to give me between - FPS My new dual core system gives me between - FPS Specs of my PC are I have tried setting different affinity for my games and other programs but dont see any difference I was recently recommended to clear the MB so i took out the battery for mins and replaced went through bios selected correct time and saved Tested CoD online and still had poor results I have noticed that the graphics is set to x and supports x could this be the problem any help greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Dual core running slower than upgrade/drive problem

I found this on my MB main site
"Revolutionary PCI Express interface provides scalable bandwidth for multi-purpose usage. PCI-E x16 interface (The GA-M61VME-S2 supports up to PCI Express x1 mode"

So my system specs are indeed right? I just need to upgrade my motherboard for a pcie x16 that actually goes x16 ??? I just thought x16 was x16
can anyone recommend any MB's with the correct speed pcie x16 slot?

Also still having freezing issues from time to time, the mouse moves but nothing is clickable,, if you randomly click the page, a few seconds later what you clicked on will open.
When the PC boots up it takes 20 secs ish to see whats in "my computer" whereas my other PC is almost instantly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-core-running-slower-than-upgrade-drive-problem.573029/
Relevancy 46.44%

hey all. first time poster. cool forum! let's see what you've got for me. i'd like to know what my options are as far as upgrading my laptop's processor. i have an intel centrino core2 duo t5450 (codename santa rosa) processor @1.66ghz. i understand this is a socket 775, and i'm seeing lots of different processors in that category - both mobile and not. i'd like to know which of those are compatible with my particular setup. my knowledge of such hardware information is nil.

i have a toshiba a200 w/intel 82801hbm ich8-do chipset.

any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

A:Need upgrade info - Intel centrino core 2 duo (santa rosa)

Your cpu is not a socket 775, as that is the desktop core 2 duo socket. You would have a socket "P" system. You'd need a core 2 duo socket P processor. I would think you'd be looking at a core 2 duo T7XXX cpu (eg T7300).

Edit: there are also T8XXX and T9XXX series mobile cpus, but I'm unsure of their compatibility, since they're newer 45nm chips.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-upgrade-info-intel-centrino-core-2-duo-santa-rosa.111034/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,
Does anyone know how to blacklist phone number we don't want to receive call or sms on Nokia 6300?
Come to think of it does such thing exist?

Thanks in advance.
Rasmey

A:How to blacklist in Nokia 6300

No

Only your provider, may do that. And they won't.

All you can do, is call screening, so you know who is calling, and not answer it.
Or change your phone number, and don't give it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-blacklist-in-nokia-6300.98454/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, I have two HP 6300 Pro workstations that have bad motherboards. One of the motherboards even fried my hard-drives. Or could it be a bad power supply that fried all my components? I any case, I need two motherboards and one power supply. I would like to know if these computers are still under warranty and if so how can I get parts replacements? I am a computer engineer with A+ certification.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-6300-Pro-Motherboard-Warranty/td-p/5716786
Relevancy 46.44%

Good Day I have an HP 6300 Pro MT PC. All is working well. I wanted to insert a Graphics card an Nvidia GT 640. I have checked the power supply ratings and it said the power supploy would support it. I put the graphics card in the PCIE Slot and power it on and All I got was an endless powercycle boot unless I remooved the graphics card. Please help as I would like to use the graphics card in this PC for Graphic purposes. The graphics card was pulled from a working PC. I have had another PC which I sold which also did the same thing with an older 9500GT Graphics.  Please assist 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/hp-6300-Boot-Issues/td-p/5570545
Relevancy 46.44%

computer will not turn on when power button is pushed. there is no signs of life. if the power switch needs replacing, where do i get one?
thanks
papaj86

A:Compaq 6300 desktop

Also Check powercords may be it is loose? then PSU of your PC may not be functioning

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-6300-desktop.142085/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an issue involving an HP Pro SFF that has been repeatedly and intermittently shutting down even though several major components have been replaced and the PC has been reimaged nbsp nbsp I am wondering what I HP 6300 SFF shuts Pro down unexpectedly have missed and am seeking advice on what to try next nbsp Through Self-Maintainer and one-at-a-time we have replaced the motherboard both RAM modules the hard HP 6300 Pro SFF shuts down unexpectedly drive and the Power Supply nbsp I have ordered but not yet installed a replacement CPU even though it tests nbsp Good through the latest UEFI nbsp nbsp Interesting thing about the UEFI test for the motherboard nbsp System board check nbsp states Device not found but Passes in the log file nbsp This result occurred in HP 6300 Pro SFF shuts down unexpectedly the original and the replacement motherboard nbsp I've also remediated HP 6300 Pro SFF shuts down unexpectedly in ways that we don't normally have to do replacing the mouse keyboard AC cable the surge supressor moved the PC to different locations tried different AC outlets putting it on an UPS or not cleaning the CPU and reapplying thermal paste reseating the RAM etc nbsp We have several thousand of these units in our enterprise and just this Wednesday we received another call at another site where a Pro SFF was shutting down unexpectedly on the customer nbsp We were immediately directed by the OEM distributor on my unit to fix it through the Self Maintainer Process and that's what I've been attempting to do but in this most recent case I sent nbsp that one nbsp back to the OEM distributor for analysis investigation nbsp I have not yet had an HP tech come on site or called HP support but that will be the last step available to us if the CPU replacement also fails nbsp Any suggestions nbsp Thanks Mike Solved View Solution

A:HP 6300 Pro SFF shuts down unexpectedly

It was the CPU...The bad CPU passed 100 iterations successfully.  Beware of hard locks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-6300-Pro-SFF-shuts-down-unexpectedly/td-p/5073798
Relevancy 46.44%

I was just looking at random cpu's in cpubenchmarks.net and found something really interesting.The FX-6300 is 9 ranks and 301 points MORE than the 3570k. I thought that the FX-8350 was the AMD equivalent. Is it just me or is this actually true?...

A:cpubenchmarks.net says that the FX-6300 is better than the i5 3570k

Here is a snippit

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/263066-cpubenchmarks-net-says-fx-6300-better-than-i5-3570k.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there hoping someone could me out with the issues I've been having with my PC and mainly from trying to play ARMA which has seemed to be the root of my Display Driver (AMD FX-6300/R7) Error Display Driver Win 8.1 Errors and Crashing Not sure why as this game was running perfectly for the first - months I bought the PC brand new and downloaded the game from STEAM Ok so here's some background on my PC and where I'm at Well Display Driver Error Win 8.1 (AMD FX-6300/R7) I had ONE crash a month ago and haven't been able to get ARMA running right since it started while crashing when trying to connect to the a MP Server it basically went all Display Driver Error crazy with lines and boxes jumping on the screen then went into complete crash Display Driver Error Win 8.1 (AMD FX-6300/R7) mode after trying all of the Display Driver Error methods of fixing ReInstall Drivers Beta launch parameters etc none seemed to help ran IOLO System Mechanic software scan and fixed the problem for a week or so then it was the same old problems once again of course sigh Then Display Driver Error Win 8.1 (AMD FX-6300/R7) I did a complete system Restart where I fully cleaned my files and PC re installed Windows and all that now after I reinstall Steam ARMA all is running good on my PC no Display Driver Errors or any BS but then I start up ARMA tweaked some of video settings and went to Exit the game and it all crashed and burned and went back to Display Driver problems again Also wondering if my ACER model PC Monitor could have anything to do with the crashes its about - years old but still has a hz Refresh Rate dunno if that can cause Disp Driv Errors I've done system REFRESH and RESTART and even tried the newest AMD Driver and Beta Drive for my Graphics cards the main problem seems to be the Distorted Lines jumping on my screen and boxes when I right click start ICON go blank or have werid lines in them as well I also have the PC settings pop up saying my Windows is not Activated Registered I can recall that it seems like this problem happens after I run the Windows Recommened amp Important Updates after a Fresh Re-Install of Windows that the Disp Errors start happening So basically I was hoping to just get a step-by-step link or some quick advice on how to properly install Windows on an AMD Radeon PC and the proper drivers I need or the way I need to install them I read somewhere that You need to have Windows Defender off when updating the display drivers I bought IOLO System Mechanic which seems like it does a lot but wasn't able to solve my issue last night did a complete Restart this morning and my PC seems to be running fine but I haven't run ANY windows or driver updates yet or installed ANYTHING Can someone please give some advice on what to do hah this is driving me looney My PC came with the Windows install Disc and MSI Driver Disc hope this info helps you guys understand my ISSUE but here are my PC specs AMD FX-Series FX- GHz GB DDR GB HDD Windows Bit AMD Radeon R GB Greatly Appreciate Any Feedback

A:Display Driver Error Win 8.1 (AMD FX-6300/R7)

Any way you can borrow a monitor to rule that part out? Do you have a TV that also works as a monitor to try?

Also, you are certain you aren't having any heat related issues?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/54047-display-driver-error-win-8-1-amd-fx-6300-r7.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there hoping someone could me out with the issues I've been having with my PC (AMD FX-6300/R7) 8.1 Error Win Display Driver and mainly from trying to play ARMA which has seemed to be the root of my Display Driver Errors and Crashing Not sure why as Display Driver Error Win 8.1 (AMD FX-6300/R7) this game was running perfectly for the first - months I bought the PC brand new and downloaded the game from STEAM Ok so here's some background on my PC and where I'm at Well I had ONE crash a month ago and Display Driver Error Win 8.1 (AMD FX-6300/R7) haven't been able to get ARMA running right since it started while crashing when trying to connect to the a MP Server it basically went all Display Driver Error crazy with lines and boxes jumping on the screen then went into Display Driver Error Win 8.1 (AMD FX-6300/R7) complete crash mode after trying all of the Display Driver Error methods of fixing ReInstall Drivers Beta launch parameters etc none seemed to help ran IOLO System Mechanic software scan and fixed the problem for a week or so then it was the same old problems once again of course sigh Then I did a complete system Restart where I fully cleaned my files and PC re installed Windows and all that now after I reinstall Steam ARMA all is running good on my PC no Display Driver Errors or any BS but then I start up ARMA tweaked some of video settings and went to Exit the game and it all crashed and burned and went back to Display Driver problems again Also wondering if my ACER model PC Monitor could have anything to do with the crashes its about - years old but still has a hz Refresh Rate dunno if that can cause Disp Driv Errors I've done system REFRESH and RESTART and even tried the newest AMD Driver and Beta Drive for my Graphics cards the main problem seems to be the Distorted Lines jumping on my screen and boxes when I right click start ICON go blank or have werid lines in them as well I also have the PC settings pop up saying my Windows is not Activated Registered I can recall that it seems like this problem happens after I run the Windows Recommened amp Important Updates after a Fresh Re-Install of Windows that the Disp Errors start happening So basically I was hoping to just get a step-by-step link or some quick advice on how to properly install Windows on an AMD Radeon PC and the proper drivers I need or the way I need to install them I read somewhere that You need to have Windows Defender off when updating the display drivers I bought IOLO System Mechanic which seems like it does a lot but wasn't able to solve my issue last night did a complete Restart this morning and my PC seems to be running fine but I haven't run ANY windows or driver updates yet or installed ANYTHING Can someone please give some advice on what to do hah this is driving me looney My PC came with the Windows install Disc and MSI Driver Disc hope this info helps you guys understand my ISSUE but here are my PC specs AMD FX-Series FX- GHz GB DDR GB HDD Windows Bit AMD Radeon R GB Greatly Appreciate Any Feedback

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54048-display-driver-error-win-8-1-amd-fx-6300-r7.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am looking to get into PC gaming and using editing softwares like Sony Vegas. I was wonder which one would be the best to do this job. I've heard the fx 6300 is good, but I heard the i3 is faster at gaming and rendering? Is this true. For the Pentium I can get that with a z97 mobo or the i3 with a h81 mobo. Which CPU should I go with in my situation? Will do some live streaming as well.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

A:I3 4160 vs fx 6300 vs pentium g3258

If you go by this the fx 6300 is the best of those 3 :- http://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2317&cmp[]=1781&cmp[]=2267

I'm sure someone else will have more to say on this !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i3-4160-vs-fx-6300-vs-pentium-g3258.1159198/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi All,

As the title says, will an AMD FX-6300 processor work with an ASRock > N68C-GS FX motherboard?

I'm planning to upgrade my system due to FPS drops whilst playing DOTA 2. I've concluded that since the FPS drops happen after several minutes while playing and seem to have nothing to do with the amount of visuals on my screen when it happens, it's my processor bottle-necking my system. Hope someone can shed some insight.

A:Will an AMD FX-6300 work with an AsRock N68C-GS FX

Yes, if you make sure you have bios 1.30 on it first. Next time you should look at the cpu support list like below.

Also are you sure its not a heat issue your having?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343252-will-amd-fx-6300-work-asrock-n68c-gs-fx.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Dual i3-4005U A4-5000 AMD Core" Core "Quad Intel vs Core guys I've been looking at laptops they are basically identical but one has an Intel Core i - U mobile processor and GB of RAM and the other one has an AMD A - mobile processor and GB RAM The guy at the store and a couple other people I know told me that the Core i is better than the A as the AMD quot Quad Core quot processors aren't very good AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core so even though the Intel i is only dual core it will be better than the quad core AMD The other question is the RAM Is GB that much better than GB or will GB be fine for basic use That's all this laptop is for Basic use and touch apps since it will be touchscreen The AMD laptop is this one Buy the HP Pavilion Notebook - AMD A GB at TigerDirect ca And the Intel here Buy the HP TouchSmart Notebook PC - F W UA ABL at TigerDirect ca Last question what the hell is DDR L All the new laptops have it nowadays Is it backward compatible with normal DDR laptop RAM Meaning can I take a normal laptop DDR GB stick out of my dads laptop and put it into the GB i laptop if thats the one i'm gonna get Or does the DDR quot L quot part cause issues Thanks Edit Sorry i'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread If it isn't mods could you please move it Thanks

A:AMD A4-5000 "Quad Core" vs Intel Core i3-4005U Dual Core

Hmm, I guess you should read some reviews. But just from the specs the AMD has 6 GB ram instead of 4. Has a DVD burner where the Intel shows no optical drive. It only has W8 8.0 where the Intel has 8.1. But some people may prefer 8.0.

Read reviews. See how each performs. If you don't wish to use it to burn DVD then the optical drive, or lack thereof may not matter to you.

Edit: Oh, and the AMD is about $80 cheaper.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/43107-amd-a4-5000-quad-core-vs-intel-core-i3-4005u-dual-core.html
Relevancy 45.58%

First off this is my first time posting on these boards If this is the wrong location for this please move this My rig win xp sp intel core duo ghz part upgraded Crucial gb ddr ram nForce i sli mobo part upgraded W PSU Problem After changing out the mobo and cpu sorry I m unsure exactly what it was before install and loading times for games are a lot slower then they where before We are talking min install times becoming hour waits This is not just limited to only one program game The programs do install properly after they install and games run fine after the long load times At first I believed it was because I run everything on my external hard drive but that is not the case I tried running stuff on the internal one and the problem was the same What I have done so far Updated all drivers Checked to see if all previous hardware is compatible Checked to see if cores are working properly Loaded quot optimized settings quot in bios Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Long install/loading times after Core 2 Duo/mobo(nForce 750i SLI) upgrade

Did you re-install XP fresh after the upgrades?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-install-loading-times-after-core-2-duo-mobo-nforce-750i-sli-upgrade.171331/