Windows Support Forum

Upgrading to 5.1 Surround Sound (or better?)

Q: Upgrading to 5.1 Surround Sound (or better?)

Hello all I received some wonderful help here in replacing my graphics card which is working out absolutely smoothly and so I m wondering if any of you would have any recommendations for going from 5.1 Upgrading to (or Surround better?) Sound stereo to surround sound for my computer I m a bit of an audiophile so I m looking for something that can produce the greatest audible range of notes sounds in the best clarity richness resonance possible - basically I m flat out looking for the best QUALITY of sound I don t necessarily need a subwoofer that hammers the floor but I m looking for something as crisp and Upgrading to 5.1 Surround Sound (or better?) immersive as possible hopefully within about dollars for the speakers willing to spend more for something fantastic that is built to last Stereo just isn t cutting it when I know that a few extra speakers can add a LOT of atmosphere to my games and music I have two cheapy Bose speakers right now I miss my second-hand haha I m less familiar with peripherals than with the hardware itself so whatever information you need - additional specs how many slots the back of my tower has - whatever you need to recommend me something that will work with my system just let me know Windows Vista Ultimate bit Intel Core Quad CPU at GHz GB RAM CX Corsair PSU quot NVIDIA High Definition Audio quot Under sound card my computer is just listing quot NVIDIA High Definition Audio quot yikes Does that mean this system doesn t even have a proper sound card It s a year old pre-built Dell Top of the line when it was released but a bit old even with the upgraded graphics and PSU nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Upgrading to 5.1 Surround Sound (or better?)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Upgrading to 5.1 Surround Sound (or better?)

You're not an 'audiophile' if you just know a few buzzwords like "clarity". Music is not encoded in surround (99%+ of cases), so that won't help you with immersion. Also, powered stereo monitors will give you the best quality for music. If you want surround sound for games, however, see below.

You have some options:
1. Use analogue outputs (like headphone plug, you should have at least three at the back of your PC for this to work) connected to a high-end Logitech or Creative etc 5.1 system.
2. Purchase a sound card (make sure it will fit) with Dolby Digital Live encoding, use the optical output, and connect to any surround sound system that has Dolby Digital Live decoding. This will give you the best quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-to-5-1-surround-sound-or-better.195628/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi guys...
I just plugged my Onkyo 6.1 Channel (S-680) to my computer. I connected the receiver to the Digital Out port of my motherboard (Intel 915GV Chipset-Asus PTGD1 - LA). It uses the Realtek ALC880 drivers. Whenever I open Sound Effect Manager and do the Speaker Test, sound comes only from my front speakers. The rears/centre/sub all light up but no sound is played. However, while running games/music/films I get sound from all my speakers (though not very satisfactory and not real surround sound). Can anyone please help me with this?

Also, I can't open Realtek HD Audio Manager (RTHDCPL.exe). Only RTLCPL.exe (Sound Effect Manager) works. When I click on RTHDCPL.exe nothing happens. Please do help out.

Thanks.

A:No Sound From Surround/Centre/Subwoofer In Realtek Sound Effect Manager Test

try this:

1) try to go to the settings of your sound effect manager & there are selections there for 2.0,2.1.5.1 or what ever you may find that corresponds to your speaker channel.

2) if nothing corresponds to the given selections,try to download the latest audio driver from your motherboard's manufacturer website.

3) otherwise,you need to plug-in a sound card that has the feature to play with 6.1 channel audio.

goodluck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-surround-centre-subwoofer-in-realtek-sound-effect-manager-test.92298/
Relevancy 58.05%

re JAL Cb VS system 2 from a No on rear sound sound surround speakers setting running Win Xp Home- Altec Lansing speakers- surround sound quot I bought this system months ago i am concerned that I may not be getting the full sound When I went to play a DVD film with the bass woofer speaker set to the rear speakers produced no sound It is only when i switch back to setting that they work but I suspect are just duplicating the front L amp R speakers to simulate surround sound Is it anything to do with how i have wired them No sound from 2 rear speakers on a surround sound setting up the back of the base unit doesnt correspond to the system booklet The top vertical connections back of base unit are marked from the No sound from 2 rear speakers on a surround sound setting top cntr lfe pink rear purple s pdif-yellow No sound from 2 rear speakers on a surround sound setting The leads are unhelpfully BLUE GREEN and YELLOW so do not match Also the yellow jack is too small to take any lead The horizontal set of below are coloured yellow green and blue Yellow has a microphone symbol green has a quot tree quot symbol above it as has the blue Help please so that I can get all the speakers working as they should with the sub woofer switch in channel position quot Well I sent this email to the PC supplier and talked to them on the phone they confirmed that connections OK and sound card fitted to operate channl sound Checked Sound properties in Control panel and even the test zone dialogue box tests all speakers as OK but still no sound from rear speakers on the channel position All they could offer was for me to send speakers back to them for replacement Before I do this i am wondering if there is anything else I could try It seems like an odd gremlin if it is a faulty channel switch on the sub woofer help anyone many thanks Woodcutter nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-from-2-rear-speakers-on-a-surround-sound-setting.303577/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys,
I just recently bought a Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit external sound card to connect my 5.1 speaker set into. I plug the Sound Blaster into my laptop which runs Windows Vista Business.
I have been able to get all the speakers working with the Windows drivers installed using the "Virtual Sound" option (Control Panel -> Sound -> Speakers -> Enhancements.) Windows tests all speakers correctly also.
However, when I install the updated Creative drivers it will continue to use only 2 speakers even with DVD's etc... even though Windows understands I am using 5.1
I would just leave it without the Creative drivers, however I need them in order to record audio properly through its inputs.
Has anyone else encountered this, or know how to fix this? Damn Vista always causing problems
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-live-24-bit-external-no-surround-sound.575447/
Relevancy 56.76%

just bought logitech x- surround sound speakers for my pc The box said it now comes w surround adapter for use w pc s I have a hp pavillon desktop A sound card is realtek ac how do i tell if i have multi channel capability how do i get all speakers to work i only have jacks on the back of my pc audio out audio in mic my book that came with my pc says front goes into audio out rear 5.1 surround Solved: help sound setting up sound into audio in center subwoofer into mic - then it says i need to configure in the multi channel sound manager but i cant find it book also Solved: sound help setting up 5.1 surround sound has note if u cant find speaker configuration tab then your pc doesn t have multi channel capability does it or doesn t it I DONT KNOW what other ways can i hook it up possibly do i have to get a new sound card can I add a sound card HELP PLEASE want all speakers to work nbsp

A:Solved: sound help setting up 5.1 surround sound

You only have 2 Channel audio.

You can use the Matrix(Surrround) button on the speakers to get audio from all the speakers when using only a 2 channel input but its not as good as having true 6 channel output from the PC.

Or you can buy a Creative Live! Or Audigy card such as this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102003

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sound-help-setting-up-5-1-surround-sound.457218/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi......i recently brought sony32EX650 LED TV with Sony DVD player with home theater.and i want to watch HD movies on this TV with surround sound but we know dvd player don't play the Hd quality videos.But on TV's usb we can play those Hd videos and they have 5.1 surround sound also.and i can't get 5.1 through TV's USB. is there any possible to get 5.1 through TV's usb via home theater.

A:how to get 5.1 surround sound through TV's USB

5.1 comes through coaxial, fiberoptic or hdmi.
Why didn`t you get a Sony Blueray player ?

Don`t know of any dvd player that uses usb for video transmission.
Why aren`t you using the home theater for 5.1 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/247113-how-get-5-1-surround-sound-through-tvs-usb.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey, I have just bought a set of new 5.1 Labtech surround sound speakers and were wondering if I would need to upgrade my sound card. At the moment I can only get two speakers working so maybe i need a better sound card? At the moment It says I have a C-Media CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device. Do I need to buy a new sound card or should the one I already have work with 5.1 speaker set? PLEASE HELP!!

Win XP Pro SP2
AMD Athlon XP +1600
Geforce 2
512 Ram
40 Gig HD

A:5.1 Surround Sound

According to the PDF Manual for the device...which I found with a Google search...this is a 4 Channel audio device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-surround-sound.269448/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello everyone I am trying to set up my surround system from my computer and so far am having little luck It used to run off a set of three in cables but I figured that optical is the way to go Now the system works this way - I have a surround Help sound with Realtek AC ALC on-board sound quot card quot hooked up via an optical cable into my Help with surround sound amp Quest QSR which fully supports a system The amp recognizes the availability of the channels All looks good but once I do the testing the sound quot card quot driver software provides me with individual channel testing I only get the two front speakers So the software sets up for speakers sub isnt working right now and the amplifier receives the signal that speakers are possible Running the sound test on the amp I made sure that all the speakers are working properly And yet I actually get only stereo output So does anyone know what did I do wrong And thanks nbsp

A:Help with surround sound

You need to make sure your audio management software is set to 5.1 and spdif for it to work correctly!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-surround-sound.61142/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a yamaha dsp-e natural sound processor which uses a seperate amp pioneer a- r direct energy MOS For its main speakers the yamaha does Surround sound not have a dolby decoder built in and I am wanting to know if I can use my asus crosshair which has the supreme fx X-fi sound card This has outputs for center main rear speakers of which I tried to connect to the yamaha I want to use the computer as a decoder is this actually possible I have plugged the rca to phono cables from the Surround sound center rear and main speaker outputs on the card into the Yamaha and when put in channel mode I receive sound from the main speakers however the rear and center just give a hissing sound when I tried connecting via the amp receiver pre-out input the same thing The Yamaha will work with a single output from the computer main green jack output and you can put it in dolby mode and receive sound from all connected speakers so the amp isn t blown surely there is a way to use the system to do this If anyone has any idea what I am talking about as I know it sounds a little confusing please help the Yamaha has many inputs outputs on the back and I have tried Surround sound all different ways to connect including using the internal external switch on the front and as said the channel and channel button Also the sound card has a program which comes on the install cd for the motherboard creative console as stated thankyou for any help and if im wasting my time please say thanks josh nbsp

A:Surround sound

make sure your sound card is set to suround sound and not sterio, this should be somewhere in the creative volume panel.

also check your cables and connectors, it often helps to unplug everything and start again

c...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surround-sound.898362/
Relevancy 55.04%

My computer has the front, rear, and sub audio jacks in the back but only the front main (front audio) jack works, i tried to hook my sub in and i got no sound but if i put it through the main jack i get sound but the bass sounds horrible.
Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surround-sound.914135/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, So i decided to buy a new set of speakers for my computer 5 speakers+ sub
the thing is, i can only hear from 2 speakers i've configured for 5 speakers i have arealtek
Hi-Def sound card. i already tested the sounds using the realtek software and it works just fine on all speakers but when i'm playing music or dvds ect. it only comes from 2 speakers.
i Use Windows media player running a windows vista home
PowerDVD i dont know if i need some other player or perhaps some codecs can anyone help me or tell where i can get either one of those free or to pay. thanks in advance

A:Need to set up surround sound help =(

the fact that it's working with your realtek software is a positive sign. at least you know the problem is not with your speakers and sound card.

you will need to check your wmp settings, will not be a codec problem since wmp (v11 with vista) will support playing all music, maybe not dvd's!! recommending powerdvd for that. just wonderful software, but not free!!
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/overview_en_US.html
OR
windows media player classis, excellent, efficient and so so easy, and FREE!!
http://www.afterdawn.com/software/v.../media_player_classic.cfm/v6_4_9_1__20080127_

* * wmp settings: go to tools > options > devices > speakers > properties, make sure that the correct audio device is being used, in your case, realtek.

if that's correct or doesn't fix the problem, try uninstalling your realtek software and do a new fresh installation. just to make sure you didn't skip a surround sound setting somewhere maybe. will only be a setting, can promise you that. i'm not familiar with realtek software so can't really guide you to the specific setting problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-set-up-surround-sound-help.818623/
Relevancy 55.04%

Ok. I want to get surround sound. I have already chosen my speakers.. but now I need a new audio card (i have onboard audio which sucks).. so I am looking for a card under $45 that will support 5.1 and all of that stuff..
BTW.. I am living in an apartment right now.. how much will the surround sound bother my neighbors?? Thanks

A:Surround Sound!!!

I have surround sound with my sound blaster. Not sure of current prices, but as far as you neighbors go, it depends on how loud you turn it up!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surround-sound.187684/
Relevancy 55.04%

I think the problem started after i upgraded the realtek drivers but i cant be sure. The surround sound i have on my system just stopped working. Currently, i only have the stereo sound. Also my microphone isnt working at all.

Computer Model: MSI GT60 2OC
Windows 8.1
8gb ram
Intel i7
480ssd and 1tb hdd
Latest realtek hd audio driver

I have tried reinstalling my whole system to fix it but it still didnt work.

A:No Surround Sound

If reinstalling the "whole system" did not fix it, I would suspect something other than the Realtek drivers.

What speaker system do you have? 2.1, 5.1 or 7.1? Is the speaker type set correctly in the Sound Panel, Playback section for the type of speaker system you have?

In the Sound Panel/Recording section, Stereo Mix should be set as default recording device.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/68903-no-surround-sound.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently received a dell 5.1 surround sound system for the computer, it has 3 colored hookups, black, yellow, And white. I decided to buy a new motherboard with 8 channel high definition audio built onto it so that the speakers would work. The colored jacks on the motherboards audio is, gray, black, and orange. I tried hooking up the yellow to orange, white to gray, and black to black, But i get no sound, Ive installed the required driver with the motherboards disk, i get audio from regular speakers but not the surround sound. Do i need something else to make it work?

Relevancy 55.04%

Just wondering with widnows 7 if it is capable of outputting 5.1 surround sound? I have noticed when upgraded from xp sound does not come out of every speaker connected?

A:5.1 Surround sound

Yup, it works fine. If you use onboard- and it will probably be realtek if it is- there should be an icon in the lower right hand of the task bar, looks like a speaker. right click and choose sound manager- it should show what you have there.
Also try adjusting in the sound applet. Control panel/ sound- click on the speaker setup, go to configure (bottom right) and again choose the speaker setup. Should work ok then

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-surround-sound.916583/
Relevancy 55.04%

I've recently found out that my sound card application (creative audigy) is not compatable with win7 and have yet to find any creative programs that work with my computer. Is there a way around this to still be able to play music on 5.1 surround sound? Like a generic application to play music in 5.1? Or am i just being dumb?

A:5.1 surround sound help

That should be "x86" not "x84" in your system specs just to let you know for the 32bit.

Which Creative model are you running? If you have one of the Audigy 4 models or any X-Fi series card no problem on the drivers and audio console launcher! I've been through the Creative support site for those enough times. You system specs show SigmaTEl for the sound card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/14187-5-1-surround-sound-help.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I rented a classic comedy National Lampoon s Vacation th anniversary edition original I cannot get surround sound at all at least I d like to get stereo x like I do on my mp s and general video clips online like Godtube or local I have a Logitech surround system and set the settings to Coax Stereo x speakers duplicated to rear It sound on no dvd surround works no surround sound on dvd with everything but this dvd and there is no audio options on the dvd menu for the movie I tried another movie released no surround sound on dvd last year and it worked fine on x stereo mode One thing I noticed with Vacation I only get sound coming out of the center speaker Strange Also the LED display on my Logitech receive says quot digital quot whereas usually it should say Coax Stereo x It was on that setting until the movie started playing it switched itself to digital only and center speaker only I m watching via Media Center dvd through an hdmi connected to my no surround sound on dvd p TV Probably irrelevant I have a Creative Soundblaster Live bit external sound card with official bit drivers from Creative latest drivers Specs Vista bit Ultimate SP DVD watch via Media Center HDMI cable to TV Logitech Speaker System Coax Stereo x Settings Media Center audio settings nbsp

A:no surround sound on dvd

Hi folks, hope someone can help me out on this. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-surround-sound-on-dvd.755512/
Relevancy 55.04%

Before we start i am very new to pc stuff so go easy please.I have just bought a surround sound system for my pc, i have wired the speakers up and connected the red and white plugs u get to my aux in and still have no sound anyone any ideas.my pc is advent 3400 if thats any help

Do you have a multi-channel sound card or onboard audio? Older onboard audio is only 2 channel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surround-sound.41116/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all. Upgraded my OS from XP to Win7 (again) Before I had just headphones.. Now I have problem.

My sound card Realtek ALC883 @ VIA VT8237A High Definition Audio Controller
Cpu AMD Athlon 64, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 3500+
Motherboard Asus M2V-MX (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

And I got Suond system
LG HT355SD Home Theater System - 300W Home Theatre System - LG Electronics SA

I connected my Home theater with RCA connector

My problem is that I can hear surrond sound.. (only 4 speakers work..) I've tried everything, but nothing helped.. It let me chose Stereo or surround, but it still the same effect.. I'm tired of all this ... I know I could hear 5.1 Sound, but I don't hear. I haven't heard with XP and I can't hear with Win7.

Do you have any solutions?

You may need to use the optical or Coaxial out, vs a stereo adapter as well as setting it to 5.1 in Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/217089-surround-sound.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,
I know the question sounds easy to answer and hopefully it will be something simple I've missed.
I have a 5.1 speaker set and onboard 6 channel sound but there is only 1 physical port for sound output.
the motherboard (ECS SM-M V1.0) manual talks about 'adopting' ports for surround sound but there's no explaination on how to do this.
The computer was bought pre-built so I guess any clues (extra parts) that came with the mobo didn't come to me.
Can anyone suggest what to do or suggest a decent,cheapish 6 channel sound card?
Thanks,
Phil

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi.

I have a ASUS LGA1156 Intel P55 DDR3 - 2133 ATX Motherboard

I was told this mobo has surround 5.1 integrated with it.

I just do not understand how to use it, or at least I think I don't.

What cable do I need and what slot do i have to connect it to.

I have a slightly old home theater but i've never changed it because I feel it is enough for what I need. It's a Panasonic SA-HT720. Will this work with using the surround sound from my PC?

Here is a pick of the slots in the mobo.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4276/11723204.jpg

Here is a link to the Guide of the Panasonic SA-HT720.
Panasonic SAHT720 user manual - Operating Instructions
Thanks and please help!!

A:Help with Surround Sound

The best you are going to get from that Panasonic is a stereo connection from the computer, as it only has stereo audio inputs (red and white RCA jacks). If you do connect it the only way to get suround out of it is to use the Dobly Prologic II setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/47472-help-surround-sound.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i have a 4.1 surround sound system on my Xfi card, my sub woofer is attached to my front speakers, and i wanted to know if anyone here knows how to dedicate all bass to one pair of speakers, that way i dont get such great bass from one side during my gaming, and a horrible bass from the other with no sub.

A:4.1 surround sound help

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...852/images.jpg
there is a rough put together of my system

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/39165-4-1-surround-sound-help.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hello i recently bought the logitech X 540 speakers for my pc. I have downloaded and updated my drivers for my onboard audio but when i use the speaker configuration test for a 6CH speaker on realtek audio manager it does not play sound out of the front left speaker also when i play music the sound coming out of this speaker is to low volume to here. I have swapped speakers around and it is not the speaker its self, i have also tried the surround sound on my xbox and the speaker works fine it is something to do with my pc. please help thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-with-5-1-surround-sound-342419.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have 2 sets of stereo speakers rigged for 4.0 surround sound but my rear speakers are in reverse order. Long story short the cord wont reach and I can't switch them physically. Is there a way that I can reverse the rear audio to correct this? I have an Asus P4S800D-X motherboard with onboard Soundmax digital audio. I already checked the driver control panel and there was no option to reverse the speakers.

EDIT: Can I just cut open the audio wire that is going into the speaker and switch the two wires inside?

A:Help on my 4.0 surround sound

I'm not entirely sure but I've seen a similar question on another forum I go to.

http://www.pchelp101.net/viewtopic.php?p=92#92

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-on-my-4-0-surround-sound.552532/
Relevancy 55.04%

My friend is looking for a new surround sound setup (5.1) after his previous system had broke, but he is looking for a setup which costs around 100, so I guess it can be a bit lenient. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
British_Command.

A:Surround Sound >£100?

Do you have a Wal-Mart in the UK? Start there...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surround-sound-%C2%A3100.99524/
Relevancy 55.04%

When i test the speakers they all work and are all plugged in correctly but windows media player only uses 2 of them. Can anybody help please?!?!

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/5-1-surround-sound-177173.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i am looking for a surround sound system for a tv, and i was wondering if this is made for tv or pc, or possibly both. if not then if you could suggest a good system for my tv for not more than maybe 150 dollars, it would be really helpful. here is the system:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121012

and the tv is a samsung 61 inch 1080p dlp, if that matters, its got a LOT of inputs and outputs. thanks for any help everyone! and happy holidays.

A:surround sound help.

Get the real deal.

Something like this would be more appropriate and would serve as a hub for all your stuff. Check your audio outputs versus the inputs on the receiver. You'll also have a remote.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony...74935/catOid/-13325/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Read the customer reviews.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surround-sound-help.663967/
Relevancy 55.04%

is there a way i can plug my computer into my surround system so it uses that as the speakers for my computer???

Relevancy 55.04%

I dont have on board audio on my new pc so i bought a Turtle Beach Catalina 7.1 Surround Sound card. There are no drivers for XP Pro 64 with the TBC 7.1!So my question is: is there another 7.1 surround sound driver i could use in place of the non exsistent TBC?I should add i do have sound coming from my sub and 2/7 speakers!

A:7.1 Surround Sound?

Hillian said:

I dont have on board audio on my new pc so i bought a Turtle Beach Catalina 7.1 Surround Sound card. There are no drivers for XP Pro 64 with the TBC 7.1!So my question is: is there another 7.1 surround sound driver i could use in place of the non exsistent TBC?I should add i do have sound coming from my sub and 2/7 speakers!Click to expand...
Did you try the drivers for normal XP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/7-1-surround-sound.397780/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all looking in vain for Surround Sound System, that isn't a dvd/Blu-ray player or a AV Amp System, just need it to work for sound 5.1 or higher with a sub out, optical in, is there such a thing ???
cheers web

A:Need Surround Sound

Quote: Originally Posted by web

Hi all looking in vain for Surround Sound System, that isn't a dvd/Blu-ray player or a AV Amp System, just need it to work for sound 5.1 or higher with a sub out, optical in, is there such a thing ???
cheers web

Ok this must be the wrong place to ask anyone think of anywhere to ask?, with out giving too big a plug to outside places ........ and as I've been looking need a surround system that will work with 4K TV most old av systems wont sync sound with picture on a 4k TV

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/357557-need-surround-sound.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a set of logitech 5.1 surround sound speakers for my computer. I have just purchased a new laptop with a docking station. I was wondering if it is possible to connect the 5.1 speakers through an adapter to a usb port? Do they make adapters like this or will i just be better off returing the speakers for 2.1 sound? Thanks!

(and for some reason, my last three threads I have posted... no one has replied to, so I hope I'm not blacklisted or something, so please reply!!

Relevancy 55.04%

I have my PC hooked up through an HDMI outlet to a Sony A V Receiver with surround sound Last week I was able to set the audio under playback devices to surround sound under the Sony AV amp and it worked PERFECTLY But now it only has stereo available Anyone know 5.1 surround sound. set Can't help Please why the surround sound option isn t showing up all of a sudden All my speakers are hooked up and Can't set 5.1 surround sound. Please help working The only thing I ve recently done different to my computer was re-install a nvidia driver as there was a graphic adapter update that tried to push through Windows Updates that failed and froze up my computer thusly making me go back to Nvidia s site to get the driver Any help is much appreciated Uploaded with ImageShack us Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard EVGA -BL-E Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Can't set 5.1 surround sound. Please help

The HDMI audio drivers are part of the video driver package. As you upgraded/changed the nVidia (video ?) drivers, that is likely the cause. Try reinstalling/upgrading/downgrading the nVidia drivers (again).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-set-5-1-surround-sound-please-help.1072899/
Relevancy 55.04%

I m using a Samsung quot LCD tv with my pc and I m trying to figure out if its possible to have proper surround sound I have a home theatre system but so far the only way I can connect audio from pc to tv is with the headphone jack to a similar jack on the tv When I run the windows sound test thingy it just seems to be in stereo but not surround sound I have an ATI Radeon gfx card which the tv is connected to Motherboard has speaker jacks but cant use them at the moment because they Surround sound are Surround sound different connctors to my speakers would they work if directly connected even though the tv is connected to gfx Surround sound card Not sure if something is wrong or incompatible cos of the tv or what Any help appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard FOXCONN A GMX Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi guys.

Was hoping someone more capable could help me figure out how to get 5.1 surround sound on my PC.

My setup is: I have an optical cord going from the back of my PC to my Amp. I don't have a separate sound card. I think its just part of my motherboard.

I get surround sound on my PS3/4 no problems, but the most I can get on PC is 2.1. Tried playing around with all the sound settings and the Realtek HD audio manager, but nothing works. I can't even set it to 5,1 in the audio manager.

In the PC I have:

Intel Core i7 2600K Processor LGA1155 3.4GHz CPU
Asus P8Z68-V PRO Socket 1155 Intel Z68 Chipset
eVGA GTX580 1536MB SuperClocked 797Mhz PCIE
Thanks.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have Creative Labs Sound Blaster sound card and an Altec Lansing speaker system I cannot get the center channel to out put any sound I have tried everything on the creative s website and spent minutes long distance talking to their tech support The tech guy said both the speaker and card were bad and 5.1 ? Surround sound to take them both back So last night I did just that But I still have the same problem I tried 5.1 Surround sound ? all the settings and still cannot get the center cnannel 5.1 Surround sound ? to out put sound The other speakers work fine and really sound great But I want the center channel to work too Under Creative Miss Gameport joystick I get this message MMDEVLDR VXD device loader for this device could not load the drivers for this device Under Sound Video game controllers I get this message NTKERN VXD and MMDEVLDR VXD device loader for this device could not load the drivers for this device Everything else is fine I already did everything that was on the Creative website too CMSS was the first thing I did And the center channel speaker does work I switch the it from to speaker setup on the sub-woofer and sound came out of all channels Thanks for your help Here is my omputer specs P III GHz with Advanced Cache Transfer Megs of PC- RIMM RDRAM Visiontek Xtasy Ge-Force TI MB DDR AGP Dual Gig Ultra ATA Hard Drive with controller cards X Max Var DVD-Rom with Decoder X X X CD-RW Sound Blaster Live Dolby Digital Gamer Altec Lansing speaker Sound System Samsung SyncMaster inch DF Dot Pitch DSL Meg Modem Netgear DS- Dual Speed Hub for my LAN nbsp

A:5.1 Surround sound ?

try reinstalling the software that came with it if any and any programs that play music like winamp and windows media player try to look at those settings.

if that dosent work get new speaker brand w/center... 5.1 try that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-surround-sound.90852/
Relevancy 55.04%

how do we get 5.1 surround sound from dvds in windows 10

A:5.1 surround sound

You have to have a 5.1 surround sound speaker set connected to your system.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/49704-5-1-surround-sound.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I had this working perfectly then my windows installation corrupted. So i had to do a clean install and now only 2 speakers work.

Any idea on how to go about fixing this problem. Ive desperate to get my surround sound back.

Im using onboard sound.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/5-1-surround-sound-177991.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey everyone, I just purchased these speakers:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VAK1FA

and I own a 15" Macbook Pro. Can anyone tell me what I need to be able to utilize the 5.1 surround sound that is possible with these speakers?

A:5.1 Surround Sound

Does the Macbook support 5.1 audio output? Most do not. In which case, all you are going to get is stereo.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-surround-sound.1024903/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys im new here and i want help ......i have audionic xboost 5.1 ch speakers it has a switch at its back on sub woofer to switch from 2.0 to 5.1 ch but it works on 2.0 and not when i turn it to 5.1 why s tht so plz help???i also have installed a 5 channel sound card with it and works fine on 2.0 switch can any1 help me guide to its wiring i think its a prblem there or how 2 plug other 2 wires in sound card cuz i tried everytthing doesnt work when i switch it to 5.1.

A:Help me with 5.1 surround sound?

Did you try switching the sound settings in windows to 5.1? Or if it?s a creative sound card there should be a creative audio console that can use that as well. Do you have xp or vista? If its vista than you can go to Start-control panel-hardware and sound-sound then in the playback tab then click speakers one time not twice than click configure than set it to 5.1.

One other thing you might want to know is you won?t hear anything unless you close than reopen the programs. If you were to say play an a video or some music than you were to change the audio settings to 5.1 or whatever it would just stop making sound even if you change the setting back but if you close the program than change the sound settings than reopen the program or just restart it after you set it to 5.1 it should play it in 5.1.

Yet another thing is unless the music or video is already in 5.1 you will not only hear it from 2 of your speakers unless the speakers upmix (I think that?s the right word but I?m not sure if any speakers completely do that) or if you have a creative sound card or any other sound card that can upmix it to 5.1 but if not it will only come from those 2 speakers.

Any of that help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-with-5-1-surround-sound.130756/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hmmmm...just bought some replacement speakers (left and right)for my desktop PC. Obviously installing them's no biggie...stick the plug in the hole etc.....

But whereas my last speakers were just bog standard stereo, the new ones are 3D surround sound. However, even if I disable the 3d surround sound (by pressing a button on the front of the speaker, I'm still not getting true stereo. If I use the balance control on my software...although music is coming from both speakers, it seems to be just from one side....for example, with the balance control in the middle both speakers work. I push it to the left and both work too. Push it to the right and both go off.
I have a built in sound card...so no massive capabilities there. Any way I can rectify...or have I just bungled it by buying the wrong speakers ?

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello First time posting here hopes are high I have a computer athlon XP processor MB Ram GB HDD DVD combo drive CDRW Drive Sound Blaster Card Raden video card Systems running windows professional recently purchased Logitech Z- Speakers in hopes that I could listen Sound Help Surround Sound Blaster 2 to my movies in surround but alas the Sound Blaster 2 Surround Sound Help speakers have thwarted me I have it Sound Blaster 2 Surround Sound Help all wired correctly speakers to sub sub to center channel center channel to the surround outputs on Sound Blaster 2 Surround Sound Help my card I get sound through the Front left and front right and sub and if i press the nifty matrix button I get some use out of the center channel The rear speakers have not worked to date I have the most recent drivers available from Creative july i believe was the date released The speakers work fine if i switch the rear and plug them into the front I tried to download the DVD-audio play software from creative but it wont install as well as the surround sound mixer program from creative Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you Neal Strong nbsp

A:Sound Blaster 2 Surround Sound Help

This may be obvious but have you gone into control panel/ sound and audio devices and made sure the 5.1 setting is enabled for your speakers? What happens when you try to install the various programs that won't install. Any error messages? Excuse my ignorance what is a "matrix button"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-blaster-2-surround-sound-help.267648/
Relevancy 54.61%

i just bought the logitech z-640's

logitech 640's

all i have left is 20 bucks to complete this computer i am building....
so i narrowed it down to 3 sound cards. i just want to watch a dvd movie in surround sound with the 640's.

this chaintech says it supports dolby digital 5.1...
chaintech

but look at this aopen
aopen

it says it has all these special features...but doesnt even mention anything about dolby digital...will i be able to watch dvd's in surround sound with the aopen?

i am soooo lost please help...o yeah... i also found this powmax
powmax

what will sound better with the 640's? i know the cards are cheap i guess...but all i got is AROUND $20... the chaintech says it supports dolby digital...but doesnt have as much features as the aopen....the aopen has many features... but doesnt support dolby digital...what to do?

Relevancy 54.61%

How do you set up surround sound on DTS studio sound that came with HP 251-a123wb Desktop PC I have two sets of speakers, get into the DTS window, tried clicking all ovet the place, nothing brings up the surrrond configuration

A:How do you set up surround sound on DTS studio sound

Hi @Lynch-kid,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with setting up audio. I will be glad to help you. First make should you have downloaded and installed the latest Realtek HD Audio Driver. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/How-do-you-set-up-surround-sound-on-DTS-studio-sound/td-p/5577187
Relevancy 54.61%

First I managed to hook up my Dell XPS to my HDTV I have that working well by messing around with CCC The only other issue is trying to get the sound to come out of the surround sound system which is a Sony DAV-HDX I purchased an mm RCA Stereo male cable to plug the jack into the computer and plug the Red White System sound the to get Trying PC to Surround Sound cord in the back of the computer but still couldn t get sound The sound on my computer is set at Realtek HDMI Output I ve tried changing this back to Speaker Headphone but the sound still wasn t coming from the surround sound Sound only comes from the tv when on Realtek HDMI So i m wondering if theres something else I need to do or I possibly have this hooked Trying to get PC sound to the Surround Sound System up wrong I read somewhere that said to plug the jack into the soundcard but I was confused on that I didn t see anything I read also somewhere that I need to change the sound settings and change the MIC In to line in Anyone help would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Trying to get PC sound to the Surround Sound System

To get sound out of your PC you need to use the HDMI or the speaker out on the sound card. Your PC speakers are likely plugged into that spot right now. Keep in mind that the sound coming from the sound card is 2 channel analog sound only.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-get-pc-sound-to-the-surround-sound-system.1015769/
Relevancy 54.61%

Well as some people know - i was not able to get the HDMI Output thing to display in my Sound Manager for my realtek sound card - so i resorted to other measures to get my laptop connected to my Onkyo receiver What i did was cut the headphone jack off-of a random cable And i soldered the wires the red colored for R Surround Sound Question (?) Audio and the White colored for L audio to the headphone jack part Can i make that give me surround sound So i have a wire plugged into my headphone jack - that splits into R Audio and L Audio but when i pop in a Blu-Ray movie into my laptop - my ASC Filter shows input sound all levels - but the output is only levels Like this-- gt Surround Sound Question (?) That is while watching Transformers Blu-Ray p Is it possible to make the output all full ie make the output be in surround sound My speakers suppourt they are in fact in but for most movies its My System I have my Laptop Specs below Receiver Onkyo TX-SR Speakers Bose Acoustimass Series IV and a Sony Bravia KDL - W Thanks

A:Surround Sound Question (?)

The headphone jack (in almost all cases) is only two channel stereo. Thus you can't get 5.1 or 7.1 from 2 channel stereo. Some EXTERNAL devices may be able to emulate surround with a two channel input but that's all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/75918-surround-sound-question.html
Relevancy 54.61%

G'day guys,

I am using an onboard VIA High Definition audio device on my M2N68-CM motherboard and wish to connect the sound system from my TV to my PC. I have plugged each speaker into the DVD player/main unit. I then plugged a Y adapter from the red and white AUX IN ports on the main unit into the green jack on my sound card. It seems only two speakers work, the left and right speakers - the sub and center and remaining speakers do not work.

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot.

EDIT: It's not actually the sound system from my TV, but the sound system i was using for my TV.

A:Surround sound issues

Quote: Originally Posted by hungrytoheal

. I then plugged a Y adapter from the red and white AUX IN ports on the main unit into the green jack on my sound card

There's your problem. You're dropping down to two channels. Composite [Red/White/Yellow] is not multichannel like HDMI or Optical because it is purely analog and there just isn't enough room for multiple signals.

To get surround sound, you'll need a surround receiver that has at least 5.1 channels of output AND input. You can convert the 3.5mm from your PC's jacks to Composite, as long as you keep the same quantity of channels.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/97154-surround-sound-issues.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Heya Guys n Girls.
I have an old sony surround sound system (dav s300) 5.1. with sort of square connections for the speakers wires. Two wires on each speaker rated at 3ohms on the small ones and 8 ohm sub.
I'm building a MCE 2005 system with an Soudblaster Audiology 2 card.
Q. Can I do away with the main sony box & just strip off the connectors from the speakers, put a 3.5mm jack to plug them in or does it have to go through an amp, or is the card itself the amp?

Any thoughts welcome before I blow it all sky high!!!

Cheers.

Relevancy 54.61%

I have alot of trouble with getting surround to work through hdmi. My setup is the following - the Revo 3600 is connected through hdmi to my Denon AV-Receiver which sends the sound/picture to my Sony TV also through hdmi. But I have alot of trougle to get surround to work. When I look in the control panel and sound I see the Digital sound (hdmi) and this is set as default, but I can only select 2 speakers and is states that HDCP is not supported? How do I get this to work?

A:hdmi and surround sound

I have the exact same issue. The issue came out of the blue after I had done a reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/74911-hdmi-surround-sound.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I just got a whole Kenwood VR- Surround System with the quot Woofers Center Speaker and Rear New/Old Surround system Sound Sperakers the -Disk CD Changer Dual Cassette deck and everything that came with New/Old Surround Sound system it for a very good low price So I plugged my HDTV into the quot Video quot Dolby Digital PCM using an RCA Coax Cable - Which sends the PCM Output into the receiver ok got that done But one of my computers connects via the stereo audio Line Cable from the back of the PC and that system uses the RGB Video for the HD Video So I am not expecting any Surround Sound from that this system But my Media system uses a GEForce which has the Digital Output on the HDMI cable When I set it up in Media Center it sends the to my TV but from the main Audio Output there is no Surround Sound available There is also a Falcon Tuner Card in there but I never use it because I can't use it- I'm missing the Remote so it can't be set up I was using it to Capture my TV from my Cable Box but it's not so good It used to be when I set up the Audio Output for the HDMI in Windows I had the choice of setting up - But in Windows it's gone I can only choose Stereo Any ideas where my output went to When I use the forced fake Surround Headset mode in VLC it sends to all speakers but it's not real Is there some setting somewhere I'm forgetting to check

A:New/Old Surround Sound system

install latest audio drivers supporting your woofers.
now goto run command
type compmgmt.msc
goto device manager and right click sound,audio manager
click on scan for hardware changes
and reboot.
Your device would be setup and will show your audio options

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/27090-new-old-surround-sound-system.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am not familiar with surround sound cards, but have been wondering whether it is possible to play different wav files out of each of the channels of a surround sound card?

I have written a small program that allows me to 'merge' 2 mono wav files into a 'stereo' wav file, and play them at the same time - wav1 to left, wav2 to right. What I am hoping to do is extend this to at least 4 wav files, each one coming out of left front, left rear, right front, right rear. Is this possible? If so, where can I get more info on this? I havnt been able to find anything so far on the net.

Thanks for any advice

69 Bay

A:wav files & 5.1 surround sound

Most audio file formats are stereo only - you can't possibly put more than two channels in there. AFAIK the only free codec for surround sound is Vorbis.

Can't help you with any specific program to actually create surround Vorbis files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wav-files-5-1-surround-sound.56328/
Relevancy 54.61%

hey guys, im having this problem, where when i set my Computer to 5.1 surround sound, COD4 Multiplayer freezes.
thing is, the single player surround sound works fine, sound come from all speakers fine, just when i go multiplayer, it crashes, anyone know a fix for it?

Sound card is Onboard, Realtek HD Audio, and im running Vista Ultimate X64

Cheers.

A:COD4 and 5.1 Surround Sound

Hello Philfyy,
Does this happen on all servers, and what happens if you disable it ?, also, what makes you think it's the surround sound thats the issue ?.
I know, more questions than answers,

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/250446-cod4-5-1-surround-sound.html
Relevancy 54.61%

A few days ago I had to replace my motherboard. The PCIe video card from the old system is a Radeon 4350 with HDMI (7.1 capable) which I consider to be better than the on-board Radeon 2100 in the new mobo (it's HDMI only supports 2-channel). I have the 2100 disabled in the device manager.

If i go to Control Panel/Sounds, all 6 channels test perfectly on the Radeon 4350! But then I go to MediaCenter settings and tell it I have a 5.1 audio and it accepts it, but when MediaCenter tests the speakers or plays back a show recorded in 5.1, all sound comes out of just the front L & R speakers attached to my HDMI-switching receiver.

I'm going to see if it makes any difference to disable the audio on both HDMI's and use the optical S/PDIF instead.

A:A Different Surround Sound problem

I should have added that besides disabling the on-board video/HDMI in device manager, I have tried with them enabled; disabled in the bios and just about any other combination possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/76138-different-surround-sound-problem.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have an Audigy 2 ZS that of course claims it does Pro Logic decoding. I'm using an external TV tuner that I connect to the sound card via line-in. However, I can't seem to get it to decode the stereo audio of the TV broadcast into Pro Logic as it comes through the line-in. Please help.

A:Surround Sound on Line-in

Have you enabled CMSS 3D?
If not, go to the EAX console, and click on CMSS 3D tab. Check box to Enable CMSS 3D. That should do it, unless something else is wrong in the setup somewhere.
Good luck!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surround-sound-on-line-in.375919/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys,
just a quick question, although it really does not deal with a computer in general
"any 1 know how i could connect (i mean by splicing) the three audio cables for a computer surround sound speaker system to hook up to my car stereo reciever?
the reciever is a pioneer deh-4100 cd player w/4 channels...............
any ideas or suggestions ?

edited: Iguess what i really want to know is the color combo (green-front...black-rear....orange-sub & center) how to correctly hook those up to the left and right outputs of the car stereo
only 1 problem.... what about the orange - sub &center wire ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surround-sound-from-4-ch-stereo.566240/
Relevancy 54.61%

OK So!

Ive tried EVERYTHING even bought a new set of speakers thought the others were broken. I am running windows 7 ultimate and i have tried every realtek driver known to man. And I still can't get my surround sound to work I haven't re-assigned the jacks cause i am not to sure how to do that and dont want to have any sound..

Can anyone get my surround sound to work?

A:Surround Sound + Realtek

It will help others to help you to know your entire system specs. You can fill in your specs in your user cp located at the top of the page. Then suggestions of which Reltek drivers to try, possibly a bios update as well as chipset drivers. Thanks and welcome to sevenforums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/28574-surround-sound-realtek.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a new Samsung Sound Surround laptop from R laptop and I'm trying to hook it up to my Sony STR-DH receiver via hdmi for surround sound When I go through device manager my receiver pops up I can configure it to which is what my receiver runs If I test the speakers I get each individual speaker to play its bell tone when its supposed to So I go back to the device and click on properties Then I click on supported formats and it shows maximum channels and DTS Audio and Dolby Digital as encoded formats But when I open iTunes and play I only get left and right audio When I plug my mm to rca adaptor in to the headphones jack I get left right and subwoofer I know iTunes may not be capable of Surround Sound from laptop splitting tracks recorded only in stereo into true surround but I Surround Sound from laptop would like to at least get sound through all my speakers Is my issue iTunes or some system setting Thanks all

A:Surround Sound from laptop

It's neither. iTunes will play as many audio channels as the content contains, no more.

This would be something that since you do not have a higher-end sound card (say a PCI add-in card for a desktop) you cannot force more streams out of your PC (as far as I know).

The only thing I can think of is your receiver doing the work in this case.

You can re-wire your speakers to be included on the L/R leads only, but that may cause other issues.

You're not the only one who has the desire to do such a thing as this. Read this forum thread on Winamp's forums and maybe you'll understand where I'm coming from.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/137385-surround-sound-laptop.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I am not sure if this is a problem or simply ignorance on my behalf, but...I recently installed a Creative Labs Soundcard to use with my music production software. I have run tests on the hardware to insure that the surround sound (all five speakers) are working properly. Everything checks out fine, but when I go to MediaPlayer or any other audio device, I find that only the subwoofer and front left/right speakers are activated. Is this problem due to the nature of the music files and their stereo (2 channel) recording? Or is there something that I can do to utilize all of the speakers for all audio applications? If this is not the appropriate forum for this question, I do apologize in advance...

B.

A:Surround sound problems...

Well, if the recording is only 2.1, then in order to have 4.1 or greater, you will have to have a program that will emulate surround sound, or simply duplicate the L/R channels to the rear R/L.

Not sure which software has that capability, so I can't recommend any. Maybe someone else can.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surround-sound-problems.284374/
Relevancy 54.61%

Right basicly I have a laptop and surround sound speakers that used to be connected upto my computer. I want to be able to wirelessly connect my laptop to these speakers through my network or something.

I have a Dell Inspiron 9400
Speakers are Creative 6700

I have a wireless network which I was hoping could be used to connect up the speakers.
Can it?

Thanks, Eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-surround-sound.579974/
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear All I hope someone can help i am running windows bit using a sound Surround Problem Gigabyte GA-P -UD motherboard i have just purchased a new Benq monitor with built in speakers and have connected it up via HDMI this works perfectly The problem i have is that i have just got some Creative surround sound speakers model T their second hand but work OK Now what i wanted to do is wire them up so that i have speakers and the sub Surround sound Problem and the sound comes out of them all I'm not Surround sound Problem worried about surround sound really But no matter what i do when i try and play anything through the speakers i only get sound from the sub and the two front speakers Yet if i click on the speaker set up within windows and click on each speaker they all work as they should i have looked on the gigabyte website and see they have download for Quote Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition But i dont want to install this if its not going to help my cause i have also seen a lot of people talking about clicking on the HD audio manager in the notification tray but i dont have anything like that Please Please can someone help me figure out how to solve what i thought was going to be a straight forward thing Thanks in advance Pete

A:Surround sound Problem

have ya tried just settin the up in stereo rather than 5.1?

that might just split into left and right. when its in 5.1 it might only play through the back speakers if your watchin something in 5.1.

also what are ya using to connect the speackers? is there an aux on the amp?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/132471-surround-sound-problem.html
Relevancy 54.61%

no matter what i do nothing will give me true surround sound I only have options of outputting sound from my computer mm jack which im pretty sure doesnt support surround sound and hdmi out Heres the kicker when i change my output source via control panel sounds to the hdmi no sound 7 windows surround output I get only stereo but when i change the output to the mm jack I can hear no surround sound windows 7 from all speakers Isnt that backwards I mean im pretty sure hdmi supports digital audio and mm jack does not so youd think it would be the other way no surround sound windows 7 around Ohh and i say i can hear from all speakers when using the jack but it isnt true surround sound i think i think my receiver is emulating it although it has a surround sound emulation setting and no surround sound windows 7 i make sure it is off and that its on dolby pro logic surround sound and the reason i think this is because when i have the audio out set to the mm and run audio test files to test each speaker you know the ones that say audibly 'left front speaker right front speaker and so on i can only hear when she say front left and right speakers in the correct speaker but when i have it set to hdmi audio i can hear front and rear left out of the front left speaker and i can hear front right rear right and center out of the right speaker also when its on hdmi i can go to the control pannel sound and click on realtek digital audio the hdmi and under advanced tab under default format there is only channel options a lot of em from bit hz up to bit hz but all of em are proceeded by chanel But when i select the speakers under control panel sound the mm jack i have the same options only none of them are proceeded by ANY channel numbers heres a screenshot of each so you can see what i mean http i photobucket com albums f nt hdmi png http i photobucket com albums f speakers png Here are my specs and connections computer gateway gm surround sound reciever rca rt tv vizio vx lfhdtv a further specs on computer windows ult x using realtek hd audio manager or just the control pannel sound i found out they both do the same thing connections i have the hdmi going from the computer into the tv and then an optical audio out from my tv to the reciever i have the mm jack going directly into the reciever

A:no surround sound windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by flynt169

no matter what i do, nothing will give me true surround sound. I only have 2 options of outputting sound from my computer, 3.5mm jack, which im pretty sure doesnt support surround sound, and hdmi out. Heres the kicker: when i change my output source via control panel/sounds, to the hdmi output, I get only stereo. but when i change the output to the 3.5mm jack, I can hear from all 5 speakers. Isnt that *** backwards? I mean im pretty sure hdmi supports digital audio and 3.5mm jack does not, so youd think it would be the other way around. Ohh, and i say i can hear from all 5 speakers when using the 3.5 jack, but it isnt true surround sound, i think. i think my receiver is emulating it (although it has a surround sound emulation setting, and i make sure it is off and that its on dolby pro logic 2 surround sound) and the reason i think this is because when i have the audio out set to the 3.5mm and run audio test files to test each speaker, (you know the ones that say audibly 'left front speaker ...... right front speaker ..... and so on) i can only hear when she say front left and right speakers, in the correct speaker. but when i have it set to hdmi audio, i can hear front and rear left out of the front left speaker, and i can hear front right, rear right, and center out of the right speaker. also, when its on hdmi, i can go to the control pannel/sound and click on realtek digital audio (the hdmi) and under advanced tab under default format there is only 2 channel options (a lot of em, from 16bit 44,110 hz up to 24bit 192,000 hz, but all of em are proceeded by 2 chanel) But when i select the speakers under control panel/sound (the 3.5mm jack) i have the same options, only none of them are proceeded by ANY channel numbers. heres a screenshot of each so you can see what i mean:
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...nt169/hdmi.png
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...9/speakers.png

Here are my specs and connections:
computer:gateway gm5474
surround sound reciever: rca rt2870
tv: vizio vx52lfhdtv10a

further specs on computer:
windows 7 ult. 64x, using realtek hd audio manager or just the control pannel/sound. i found out they both do the same thing.

connections:
i have the hdmi going from the computer, into the tv. and then an optical audio out from my tv to the reciever.
i have the 3.5mm jack going directly into the reciever

Hi and welcome.

Don't know much about surround sound but here it goes.
It sasy your motherboard has Integrated 8-Channel (7.1) High Definition Audio.

Another idea is have you set up your sound and speakers in Media Center?
I know that has selection for surround sound.

If that doesn't work I'd check your BIOS.
If you are not getting the proper output from the audio jacks I'd look in your bios and see what you have in relations to sound.
Sometime a minor change in the bios makes it all work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/86691-no-surround-sound-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have just hooked a Sony DVD Home Theater System (5 speakers + digital amplifier) to my onboard optical digital sound port on my computer. Using 'sound' through the control panel, I am able to test and hear the Realtek Digital Output in 5.1, using the encoded format of 'dolby digital'. However, when playing games (ex: Starcraft 2, Left 4 Dead), even though I have 5.1 set up on the game options menu, it plays only through front (right/left).

Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting this issue?

Relevant Details:

Motherboard: MSI P55-GD80
Digital Amplifier Model Number: DAV-FX900W

A:5.1 Surround Sound Problem

BEGM,

Here's a place to start....check out snips
and Welcome to 7 Forums...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/116012-5-1-surround-sound-problem.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Windows 7 32 bit running on an Aver Aspire Revo 3610. The "sound card" is a High Definition Audio (I couldn't find further details on it). I'm trying to get surround sound on my Samsung reciever by plugging in a HDMI cable from the computer to the receiver. I get sound, but only through 2 speakers. I tried to adjust the settings in control panel; I don't have an option to select 5.1 surround sound under the HDMI device. Most forums I've found say to just select that option and I would love to, if only it was there!

I've updated Windows, made sure my drivers were up to date. I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was told and read that I can do at least 5.1 surround sound with this computer...

A:No Surround Sound via HDMI

cwirick, welcome to the Seven Forums.

I would start with checking you have the Nvidia HDMI audio driver installed,

NVIDIA DRIVERS 1.00.00.59 WHQL

Also is the source 5.1/surround or stereo only? If it is stereo then an upmix somewhere along the line is required to get surround sound.

Also found this thread here,

Acer Aspire Revo Owners Thread - AVForums.com

No idea if the answer is there, but seeing as it is 34 pages long I would hope someone has brought it up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/114331-no-surround-sound-via-hdmi.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Ok i might have done something wrong but this is what i have.
on my tv i have a pc audio input and a vga connector so i have my pc connected to the tv. the audio input is a normal 3.5 mm headphone jack type connector so i have a male to male 3.5mm cable connecting my pc to tv. the tv's speakers work fine left and right but when i turn on the surround sound it only comes out the left speaker. i have configured my pc to allow 5.1 surround and it sends out test tones and only the left one makes any noise. should i have connected it using a opticle cable or am i missing something. If you need more info ask.

A:Surround Sound Not Working On PC

ok the question kind of changes a little bit now i found out that the right side audio rca cable was not plugged in all the way in the back of the tv so now the prob im having is im not getting rear left rear right center or sub. i know normally if it was a pc speaker setup they would all have diff cables but this is diff so what do i do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/surround-sound-not-working-on-pc-209917.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Everyone,

I have an Acer Aspire 5720 Laptop and it has a stupid Dolby Surround Sound feature, which I can't disable. When I log on, the sound is always automatically set to surround and I have to set it to normal. But for some reason, when I start the laptop again, it's in surround sound again, and this is what really annoys me.

I want to disable this stupid surround sound feature forever. I don't need it all. Is there a way to disable it so that it's in normal mode at startup?

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/249525-disable-surround-sound.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I just purchased an RDX D-7 surround sound system to add with my DirecTv HD DVR system and my Sony DVD player/receiver. Problem is I don't have a clue to where to begin.
THe Theatre system just came with one set of gold-capped wires in red,blue and green. I am being told that those are what I need.
Would someone be able to send me a url/set of instructions etc where there would be a diagram along with info showing the back of these systems that shows where the wires go and what wires I need?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dianne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/theatre-surround-sound.821784/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi people!
So I was wondering, is there any software available(free if possible) that can play any movie in 5.1/7.1 Surround Sound even when the movie audio wasn't recorded in that amount of channels?

I'm asking this because I have 4 sound systems and would like to play them all on their own channels and not all on the front(green) channel.
PS. I have this m-board and use the onboard audio: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A79XTD_EVO/

with Win XP Pro OS
Thanks!

A:5.1 Surround Sound in any movie? ?

A movie won't play in surround-sound if it wasn't recorded or re-mastered with surround-sound in the first place. No software can produce sound from channels that don't exist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-surround-sound-in-any-movie.997133/
Relevancy 54.61%

Well im not a great wizard with surround sound seen as ive never had it but heres my question Say i have a surround sound box It will only have enough inputs for ONE device So say that my PC But i also want my TV in there Which will include Xbox and my Stereo I was looking for a way around this for something like a splitter Or a KVM in a sense One speaker system and a fer devices much like one monitor and computers But if i Surround Sound Management. had a PC with say Surround sound cards in the PCi slots Could i have the layout like this Slot Audio Out Going to the surround sound Slot Audio In Coming from my Stereo Slot Audio In Coming from my TV Can you put surround sound into your computer like that And then manager on the computer what Surround Sound Management. audio card you will use So if i wanted PC sound on the speakers Card Stereo on surround sound Card etc It sounds complicated and it may not work or there maybe a splitter way But i cant find it anywhere that i look Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surround-sound-management.883089/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello,

I am new to this forum, but, I was hoping that I could get some help on a problem I am having.
I am trying to hook up my hd tv with a digital cable box, dvd player and a Pioneer Home Theater System. I've been trying for months!
Now it seems I can't get my rear and center speakers working when I play a dvd. However, when I do a "test tone" from the universal, I hear each speaker respond in turn. I am also trying to learn a new "Harmony" universal remote with this system, I've tried every mode there is. Any help would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

Sincerely,

Bill

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surround-sound-woes.78032/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi team

I have a surroundsound system which I've plugged into my speaker/headphone output.

I don't expect it to work in full surround sound put when i put it into surroundsound mode the extra speakers crackle and then cut out, and the whole system stops making any noise. It only works with surround sound feature disabled on the soundsystem.

I have looked into the sound settings on my laptop and it doesn't give me the option of any satellite speakers, that box is just greyed out.

Does anyone who knows more than me about sound systems (not very difficult) know how I can make use of my extra speakers?

Cheers

A:crackling surround sound

You forgot to mention what sort of sound device you are using on your laptop...

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/219228-crackling-surround-sound.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello hello I built this new computer and it had this onboard crap sound card supposedly supporting Well obviously latest drivers and vista did not care about identifying the sound card option So I got me one of these shiny SB X-FI cards Boy much nicer sound indeed The only minor problem is that it makes no difference in reality Vista can detect mono stereo and drivers and all work superbly In the settings say in vista sound settings all speakers under test work impeccably Front R amp L Rear R 5.1 Vista, Surround sos sound amp L 5.1 Surround sound Vista, sos center and sub I was like yeeeah bi take that Since I have speakers spread over the room I was quite mad that only Front R amp L and center and sub worked with my old card No sound from the back with my old card - this time in the settings I get this awesome beep from the back left and right Well the party is on right Well the rear speakers work awesome in the setting of vista and creative but play a song or video or whatever in anything - media player winamp whatever and all I get is the same sound I got before - only the front works Now that can make you mad after spending a ton of money on the finest most expensive high fidelity sound card from which I assumed I would get the best Well its not worth a dime because it doesn t work I am relatively advanced in computerism and tried all old tricks Never saw this happen before in settings it works and in any players it is silent as a mouse I would appreciate any comments on my fundamental misconceptions here vindicator nbsp

A:5.1 Surround sound Vista, sos

I got the same problem with my X-fi, no sound from the rear speakers, despite them testing out fine in the Creative sound applet. In games they all work, just in music they dont (now). They were working before and I had sound from all speakers, but dont know what happened, sound stopped coming out from the rear ones recently.

Fwiw, if you have CMSS3D disabled in the Creative launcher, you will only get sound from the front. You need to enable it, put it on surround, then move the slider midway between the front and rear (default its on front only).

Anyway, I hope some of the MS MVP's here can shed light on this and a fix. So far the only around it for me is dual booting back to XP where everything works well and reliably.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-surround-sound-vista-sos.678420/
Relevancy 54.61%

I just got the Razer Chimaera 5.1... the sound works but the surround sound doesn't work. When I play surround sound tests I can't hear where the sound is coming from it is just both sides. I have Windows 7 and I am using the onboard sound card(Realtek HD audio). And yes I got the latest drivers.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

I'm having a problem with my sound in Vista. I have a Razer Barracuda AC-1 Sound Card with the latest Vista drivers (2.23). I'm using the Razer Barracuda HP-1 5.1ch Head Set & I also have Creative Inspire T6060 5.1ch speakers. All this on Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 with 4GB Corsair DDR2-800 RAM.

Here is my problem: If I play music or games, I only get sound from my front speakers & sub. I have gone to the sound settings in Vista and have set them all to 5.1ch. I have also changed my speaker settings to 5.1ch in my sound card control panel.

If I do the sound test in Vista, all my speakers work fine, and if I play music or movies in Power DVD, all the speakers work too.

I have managed to set up a dual boot with XP Professional, where everything works perfectly.

Any help will be appreciated.

A:No Surround Sound in Vista

It could do with whether the games or music is supported to be in surround sound. DVD movies should be because they support a range of speaker arrangements. But music doesn't have to be, and probably not all games unless they state it. A game would have to give you surround sound, otherwise it may as well be putting all the sound from the front speakers to the back ones to make it even, if that is set up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-surround-sound-in-vista.731877/
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently built a gaming rig with Vista. My motherboard EVGA 680i SLI T1 came with a 7.1 sound card. When plugging in the correct cables only the center speaker works in Windows Media Payer. When changing the configuration to 5.1 there is no diffrence. When changing the configuration to 7.1 only the left and right speaker works. In games like Crysis all the speakers work. A lot of people seem to be having this problem. I heard that Windows Vista will not support surround sound or EAX audio on a huge number of PC games and apps. Does anyone know how to fix this little problem?

I do have a PCI sound card which I could install. Would that fix the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-surround-sound-and-vista.715782/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have the Logitech z-640 surround sound speakers and I get no sound out of the back two speakers, but the 2 front ones, central and sub woofer works fine. And when I connect it to my television for my xbox 360 it works fine only when connected to the computer it doesn't work. (in advanced audio properties I have it set to 5.1 surround sound speakers) can anyone help me. Oh and I have creative sound blaster live! 24-bit sound card.

A:Problem with surround sound

Have u inserted the cables properly to the sound card? Are they in the appropriate inputs? Ur sound card should have a black-coloured input for the rear speakers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-surround-sound.62612/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there I recently installed a new Surround Sound card by Genius in a friends computer he had also purchased a set of Logitech surround sound speakers I fitted the sound card booted up then installed the drivers Then connected all the speakers etc Now the problem I m having is that sound is only coming out of the front left amp right speaker Now i know all speakers will work if the source is compatible but the software that comes with the sound card has a demo facility to show off the speaker set up but still only the front two speakers work i have also tried playing a DVD with surround sound but still no good I went into START CONTROL PANEL SOUNDS amp AUDIO DEVICES and under the 5.1 sound problem Surround VOLUME tab i clicked on ADVANCE 5.1 Surround sound problem under the speaker settings and changed the setting to surround sound I can t see what else i can do Do i need to uninstall the old sound drivers They were SoundMAX Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

I am getting surround sound this christmas and I want to know what games/movies that sound good with it or even help your gameplay.

I have Counter-Strike and a few other FPS.. how much better is it with surround sound?

I also am going to use it with my consoles..

Anyway.. just wanting to know what games/movies sound best with surround sound..

Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

I'm having a problem with my sound in Vista. I have a Razer Barracuda AC-1 Sound Card with the latest Vista drivers (2.23). I'm using the Razer Barracuda HP-1 5.1ch Head Set & I also have Creative Inspire T6060 5.1ch speakers. All this on Vista Ultimate 64 bit with 4GB Corsair DDR2-800 RAM.

Here is my problem: If I play music or games, I only get sound from my front speakers & sub. I have gone to the sound settings in Vista and have set them all to 5.1ch. I have also changed my speaker settings to 5.1ch in my sound card control panel.

If I do the sound test in Vista, all my speakers work fine, and if I play music or movies in Power DVD, all the speakers work too.

I have managed to set up a dual boot with XP Professional, where everything works perfectly.

Any help will be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-surround-sound-in-vista.731878/
Relevancy 54.61%

First I managed to hook up my Dell XPS to my HDTV I have that working well by messing around with CCC The only other from to get to System the sound PC Surround Trying issue is trying to get the sound to come out of the surround sound system which is a Sony DAV-HDX I purchased an Trying to get sound from PC to the Surround System mm RCA Stereo male cable to plug the jack into the computer and plug the Red White cord in the back of the computer but still couldn't get sound The sound on my computer is set at Realtek HDMI Output I've Trying to get sound from PC to the Surround System tried changing this back to Speaker Headphone but the sound still wasn't coming from the surround sound Sound only comes from the tv when on Realtek HDMI So i'm wondering if theres something else I need to do or I possibly have this hooked up wrong I read somewhere that said to plug the jack into the soundcard but I was confused on that I didn't see anything I read also somewhere that I need to change the sound settings and change the MIC In to line in Anyone help would be great Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trying-to-get-sound-from-pc-to-the-surround-system-598269.html
Relevancy 54.61%

my computer is connected to my surround sound box then to the TV. But windows only lets you choose 2 ch stero output via the HDMI. The only explaination i could come up for this is that windows detects my TV having only two speakers and doesn't detect my surround sound having 7.1 speaker set up....? how can you force win 7 to output 7.1 via HDMI????

A:HDMI surround sound

Windows is not "detecting" your TV - it doesn't know or care what is connected. However, many systems only output two channel stereo via the HDMI and it's up to the TV or surround audio system to provide the surround sound. This is also true of the S/PDIF output on many systems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/54041-hdmi-surround-sound.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I do seem to be having a lot of issues lately don't I?
Well basically what has happened is all of a sudden my rear surround sound speakers have stopped working. Nothing has changed driver wise but they are simply dead to the world.
They are a Realtek 5.1 surround system with driver version 5.10.0.5022. I have never updated the drivers since I got this machine (a pre built Tiny package) as I have no idea of the actual type of setup except that it's Realtek and it was working fine.
The speakers have not blown or anyhting like that, I'm sure it is a software issue. Any help would be great.
Regards,
XxXSebXxX

A:Surround Sound Gone To The Dogs...

could be an internal fuse within the speakers as i'm sure even computer speakers have a type of fuse in them to let you know what may be going wrong with the speakers... check the connection and if all goes then maybe the good idea would be to buy a new set of surround sound for your computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/surround-sound-gone-to-the-dogs.407510/
Relevancy 54.61%

My PC arrived in March complete with Creative surround sound speakers a Pioneer Dolby Sound Surround DVD player and a copy of PowerDVD I never played any DVDs and just used the drive Dolby Surround Sound after installing Nero UDF Reader as an adjunct to my CDRW drive with Nero InCD installed After reinstalling Windows some time ago after creating a partition I never got round to reinstalling PowerDVD but today I did so and expected to hear wonderful surround sounds from a DVD of the Dolby Surround Sound film Paris Texas that was included with my daily newspaper Whether the DVD boasts a surround sound soundtrack or not I don t know and is not mentioned on the disk or envelope but although the rear speakers are outputting sound it appears to be the same as the front ones Exploring the PowerDVD config menu for audio I noticed a panel greyed out and the check box also which read Use Dolby Pro Logic Decoder for speakers There is a check mark against Stereo output but of course I cannot access the greyed out box Does PowerDVD recognise if a disk has a surround sound audio track and if not automaticallly go to stereo So what am I supposed to do to access a Dolby Decoder - it didn t come with Windows ME and apparently not with PowerDVD or the Creative software The DVD plays well in Stereo but it seems a waste having the other two speakers which according to the Creative software are working normally as in Left front Left back etc Can anyone guide me on this please johnni nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dolby-surround-sound.295877/
Relevancy 54.61%

After using Google for a while, I was unable to find any information on setting up a surround sound system. I am not sure how to do this myself (obviously) and my sound doesn't seem quite right. Any help is appreciated.

A:5.1 Surround Sound Setup

Exact instructions are different depending on the sound card (some have add-on control panel sofyware and others don't) and version of Windows, but usually you go to Control Panel and click Sound; then tell Windows what kind of speakers you have and what jacks they are connected to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-surround-sound-setup.972321/
Relevancy 54.61%

i recently buyed a 5.1 surround sound speakers , only the front two work in every program. i set them up properly , even configured my jacks to my mobo and set it to 5.1 audio mode but it still plays stero.
it is a Genius Sw-5.1 1000.

im plugging it into my motherbord. for some reason one of them plugs into the mic socket , but the realtek ac 97 audio configures the output for the jacks.

if you need anymore informaation , just asks. i do'nt have my motherbored model , pc wizzard just says unkown device

A:5.1 surround sound speakers

You don't have proper drivers for the audio card. Try finding some, propably came with your motherboard, or with your computer on a CD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-surround-sound-speakers.731062/
Relevancy 54.61%

So I have my computer connected to my surround reciever via the optical jack on my mother board.
The only problem is, I seem to only be getting audio from my left, right, and center speakers.
Nothing from the subwoofer and rear speakers.
I've gone through all the programs and settings on my computer that could be even remotely associated with sound and came up empty. Everything is set to 5.1 output, its just not giving me that.
Test from the reciever itself shows all speakers are connected and working properly.
What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 54.61%

I'm having a weird problem. A few days ago I had my 360 and PS3 hooked up via HDMI and the surround sound via Optical audio. The Optical audio goes into the back of my TV. Well anyways..its been hooked up like that for awhile and it worked perfectly. Now about a day ago the surround sound works when im watching TV but it doesn't work when I try and play my ps3 or 360. Anyone else have this problem.. Im thinking it mightve been because the optical audio isnt working with the HDMI right but I doubt thats it cuz it worked fine 2 days ago..

Any help is SUPER appreciated

Relevancy 54.61%

Hey guys, I've been fiddling and browsing and emailing and such for a total of 7 hours on this problem, hopefully someone can help me.

I recently bought Logitech x-530 speakers, and when playing a game or windows media player, the center, rear left and rear right speakers downt work. The subwoofer, right, and left speakers do work.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte 8I915G Pro - http://www.xpcgear.com/ga8i915gpro.html - and it supports up to 7.1 surround sound. I have used a utility that came with the motherboard, C-Media 3D Audio Configuration, and with it i can emit sound out of each speaker individually, so I know they are connected in the right slots.

Hopefully someone has an idea that could prove helpful :)

Thanks!

A:Question about surround sound

Did you reconfigure the Audio settings in the Windows Control Panel?

If not, you need to go into Control Panel, then into Sounds and Audio Devices, then under the volume tab, click the advanced button next to the picture of the speakers. If you're using a 5.1 system, select that, and hit apply/okay. If all the speakers don't immediately work, restart the system and test again.

If you've already done that, then I can't help you further, but I'm sure someone else here can.

--Whitestar90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/question-about-surround-sound-82504.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Realtek AC'97 and one of my rooms has a TV that is hooked up with 5.1 surround sound, but nobody really watches TV on it, so is it possible to hook that up to my computer somehow?

A:Can someone please help me hook up surround sound?

first you need surround sound card or onboard on your computer and plug the cables in look at the sound manager tool and there is a specker configuration tab on it with witch plugs to plug in where

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-someone-please-help-me-hook-up-surround-sound.259291/
Relevancy 54.61%

Right I have currently got this on my PC - http www medionshop co uk P ShopImagesUK B F FCE A A jpg in which the information for that is as follows Features Easy connection to PC computer and audio products For connection to PC computer channel PC Surround Sound Issue... surround sound cards Subwoofer with powerful bass output Built-in amplifier in subwoofer Output Power x PC Surround Sound Issue... Watts - Subwoofer x Watts - Satellite speakers Volume control for front rear and centre speakers Bass volume control Power LED indicator ON OFF Switch AC V Hz Connections Jacks channel audio input Included x Subwoofer x Satellite speakers x Adapter cable audio adapter with audio PC Surround Sound Issue... RCA Jack to mm audio connector AC Power adapter System requirements Sound card with channel output Dolby digital decoder Also works with normal PC Surround Sound Issue... channel sound cards without a function The sound is good on it but i want it to be louder with the BASS on songs having a better effect if ya know what i mean any ideas on what i can buy to make it better I live in England btw incase ur gonna give sites etc lol nyhelp on what i could buy to improve on my sound system on my PC would be appreciated hugely THANKS nbsp

A:PC Surround Sound Issue...

try to use the equalizer built into media player or winamp. If your sound card supports it, you might be able to adjust the bass/treble level from the volume control program. However, 20 watts won't give you impressive bass.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-surround-sound-issue.11773/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all,

I just had my XP Home reinstalled on my computer, and I'm trying to get my speaker system to work right. I have a SoundBlaster Live sound card, and I have a Logitech 5.1 surround sound system. I am only getting sound out of the front left/right speakers, and the sub. I am getting no sound out of the center channel, nor the two rear seakers.

I have the three connectors from the speakers (black, green, and orange) connected to their like colors on the sound card (which may or may not be correct, I'm finsing out), and I cannot find where on XP there was a speaker test, where it showed an icon of each speaker, so you could click on it, and hear a tone from the chosen speaker.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
William

Relevancy 54.61%

I bought a Creative labs surround sound system for my pc a few months back and it ran like a lovely lil beast in xp but when i got vista yesterday it only recognised my 2 speakers and subwoofer obviously i know all speakers work cos they were fine before i put it on, i set the controls on vista's sound and put it to 5.1 surround sound and yet when i tested it it just still came out of two speakers and my subwoofer. anyone know what i can do with this minor problem

A:Vista with surround sound

Download the latest drivers from creative for Vista, there was a problem with beta releases of vista but Creative have now solved the problems

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-with-surround-sound-139284.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi sound not working Surround I have a Dell Dimension C running XP It came with speakers surround sound When it was right out of the box it worked great sound out of all the speakers Now I only get sound from the front speakers I Surround sound not working m not really too computer savvy but enough to run through the basic troubleshooters I ve done a bunch of google etc searches and can t find the solution either I ve called tech support from Dell what a nightmare a few times and haven t had any luck Between their quot assistance quot and my own research I ve made sure the settings in Control Panel are correct everything is plugged in correctly ran a test in start-up that confirms the speakers physically do work got a new set of speakers which also don t work in surround got updated drivers tried playing both cds and dvds to see if something that was truly in surround sound would work tried iTunes Quicktime RealPlayer Windows Media Player Nothing works for all the speakers iTunes is my preferred music player The people at Dell yelled at me for installing iTunes and Windows updates saying that that was what messed up the Surround Sound and that I needed to reinstall XP I really don t want to do that It seems that since it worked once there should be something fairly easy I could do to fix it but I just can t find any answers anywhere I searched the forums here first but it didn t seem like any of the other similar questions related to mine Mine worked now it doesn t I ve made no hardware modifcations to the system And I don t know when the speakers stopped working or what I might have done to make them stop Does anyone have any advice Thanks in advance for any help Lisa nbsp