Windows Support Forum

Signal strength: Very good, Access: Limited connectivity

Q: Signal strength: Very good, Access: Limited connectivity

Hi, I've been away camping for a couple of weeks and now that I'm back my desktop computer no longer connects to the internet. As I state in the title, however; the signal strength says it's "very good".

I've tried removing the connection and re-adding it, I've tried moving the wireless USB/removing and potential disturbances, but to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Signal strength: Very good, Access: Limited connectivity

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Signal strength: Very good, Access: Limited connectivity

Turn off the Modem
Turn off the Router
Turn off the PC
Turn off all network gear

Do this for 30 seconds.

Then slowly turn on the modem (DSL or Cable)
Then the router
Any switches
Then the PC
Then the rest of your network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-strength-very-good-access-limited-connectivity.195843/
Relevancy 103.85%

I have a wireless connection using a USB wireless network adapter The other computer main one Limited signal connectivity , strength good connected directly is Limited connectivity , good signal strength fine and is connected to the internet with no problems However this is the issue with the other Status Limited to no Limited connectivity , good signal strength connectivity Signal strength About - bars Packets Windows Zero Configuration needs to be Enabled EVERY TIME the Limited connectivity , good signal strength computer is switched on or this problem continues and internet is unavailable Once I enable it it connects to the network If I go in to Administrative Tools then Services and look up Windows Zero Configuration the startup type is Automatic I ve done the sensible things like uninstalling the network adapter and reinstalling it I have disabled the Startup type and then made it automatic Stopped and started service status Nevertheless when I restart the computer the same problem occurs I have got to sort this out as doing this over and over is not feasible this is a work computer that isn t even mine and I m the only one who has a vague idea about computers but nevertheless very little PLEASE PLEASE reply asap nbsp

A:Limited connectivity , good signal strength

what equipment do you have between the modem and the systems? a wireless router? what is the main computer connected to?

Normally we connect to the router using the default router address as a URL
and use the browser to configure the wireless portion of the router
like: http://192.168.x.1/
You can see this address by using ipconfig /all on the main computer

Login
enable the wireless radio
set a new SSID and channel
change the Admin password
save and restart the router​
Using the Wireless Wizard, you should now see your SSID and be able to
connect to it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/limited-connectivity-good-signal-strength.97709/
Relevancy 85.56%

HELP My first time on here and I am a Connectivity Strength with Message Signal Excellent Limited computer idiot have a sony vaio laptop with wireless capabilities was able for months to connect to netgear but now get the seemingly infamous Limited Connectivity Message with Excellent Signal Strength limited connectivity even with excellent signal strength tried the above solution recommended by johnwill For these commands Start Run CMD to open a command prompt Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults netsh winsock reset catalog Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults netsh int ip reset reset log and I was so ecstatic to see the limited connectivity go away I immediately restarted the computer as recommended but upon restarting the same limited connectivity issues came up again went through the whole routine again but noticed a funny thing although I went through the recommended actions above before I rebooted I tried to connect to the internet wirelessly thought because it showed connected and with excellent strenth no limited connectivity I could connect but could not when I go though the recommended steps by johnwill it takes about - minutes before the limited connectivity goes away but still cannot connect to the internet HELP thanks sue nbsp

A:Limited Connectivity Message with Excellent Signal Strength

Hi Sue. There are some more things we can try.

1. Do a System Restore to when the wireless worked.

2. Disable encryption on the router and connect via wireless. Assuming success, re-enable the router's encryption and reconnect the wireless computer.

3. Shut everything down. Then bring 'em up in order: modem, router, wireless computer, other computers.

4. Reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it. Repeat step 3 if needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-connectivity-message-with-excellent-signal-strength.624982/
Relevancy 84.01%

I can't figure this one out, i had to replace my cable modem, my laptop A on wi-fi home network works fine on internet, however my other laptop B, has a belkin card that shows great signal strength but limited or no connectivlty to the internet (can't get on at all) The laptop A has an internal wifi card that uses windowsxp to connect to net, the laptop B has a belkin card that uses belkin software to configure the connection. i've tried retyping in the WEP, no luck. The cable guys said something about getting a new MAC address with the new modem, but laptop A connects fine, they're both set to autodetect settings. Help???

A:Signal Strength Good, But No Internet Connectivity?

Try this. Your computer could be infected with spyware causing it not to work properly. Try connecting it directly with a cat5 and see if you have the same problem. If so, it's your TCP/IP Stack (which the program above fixes). You will be able to fix it by running the program then visiting the following sites (yes, there's more, but these are the main ones I go for first):

Housecall
SpyBot: Search & Destroy
Lavasoft: Ad-Aware
AVG Anti-Virus (if you don't have any anti-virus)
Codestuff Starter (to find malicious programs)

Hope this information helps! Let me know if it does or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-strength-good-but-no-internet-connectivity.385922/
Relevancy 110.08%

My computer is not connecting to the internet, despite the network I'm trying to connect to having "Excellent Signal Strength."

My computer is running Windows 7 64-bit, 6GB of RAM and 1TB HDD.

I can't figure out any logical reason why I shouldn't be able to connect to the internet.

Some info:
-The wireless router was replaced recently (brand new one)
-The new network and password are not the problem (as in I've connected to this network before).
-I tried troubleshooting (and to no surprise, Windows troubleshooting tools were no help at all).
-This is a wireless connection

I don't have any idea what could be causing this. Another computer in the same house, as well as cell phones can connect to the network fine.

A:Limited Access to network with "Excellent Signal Strength"

Anyone? This doesn't seem like a difficult issue. I can't find the answer with a google search, but a forum for pc help should be able to help me figure it out, I think.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569777/limited-access-to-network-with-excellent-signal-strength/
Relevancy 107.93%

Alienware X-51
Win 7 Home Premium SP1
Thompson TG585 v8 Modem /WPA2-PSK

Scope of Problem:
This is a Desktop LOADING based problem.
NOT a connection dropping, fading while in use problem.
Other Devices work fine.
Same problem with previous Modem.

Problem:
Login.
Wireless icon shows spinning busy symbol.
If it connects fine, then it will Remain fine until the next Restart

If connect fails then yellow exclamation mark shows over TaskBar Icon.
Viewing connection it shows as Limited Access, but signal strength is 5 Bars
A Manual Disconnect, then reConnect will always establish a working connection (sometimes needs two attempts).

Signal Strength is ALWAYS Excellent, No other devices have issues with WiFi.

This is a persistent and long term problem which has "survived" improved Modem placement , ISP directed settings changes, and a new Modem.

[ Other threads all seem to be about No Connection OR Dropping/Fading/Poor Connection. This isn't ].

A:WiFi Limited Access, Signal Strength Excellent, works if I reconnect

Modem was the problem.

Recently the Thomson V8 was replaced with a telco provided Huawei HG630B.
The issue disappeared instantly, there is now just a little lag and then connection.

So problem solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322706-wifi-limited-access-signal-strength-excellent-works-if-i-reconnect.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hey everyone I m Rosely and around or months ago a purchased a Windows bit Asus Vivobook S CA-DH T Everything seems to work Limited Internet Access Despite Connectivity? Good great other than every once in a while sometimes many times a day sometimes once a day sometimes even less than that my internet connection will switch to quot Limited quot and i m not able to visit any sites by their Limited Internet Access Despite Good Connectivity? DNS addresses I can access Google when this happens by Limited Internet Access Despite Good Connectivity? putting in http and the error i receive when i try to visit a webpage is something along the lines of quot DNS Look-up Failed quot so it appears to be a problem with the DNS Disconnecting from wifi and reconnecting usually fixes the problem if that information helps I haven t used the computer anywhere else enough to know if it happens on different connections than my home network so i only know that it happens here Any help I can get is much appreciated lt nbsp

Relevancy 93.74%

I have a Hp Pavilion dv us and Windows vista connectivity" good signal, but My wireless shows "limited network has I used to connect to internet using a neighbor network always had good signal but now I can t connect to internet because the network shows limited connectivity and still has a strengh signal The public network that Im connected has an IPv and IPv limited connection Please help me I tried to solve the problem with windows vista help Im a young Dr and I have to use internet to search clinical cases and download articles I will send to you that I ll hope the help you to solve my problem Explain me how to get connected again Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users jose an gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name ton Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled My wireless network shows "limited connectivity" but has good signal, No DNS Suffix Search List cantv net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix cantv net Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - D- - -BF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b cb d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday May PM Lease Expires Sunday May AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -ED- -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c a e d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BD DB -D B- - EBF- E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cantv net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cc c f b fa Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe cc c f b fa Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap cantv net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF F -CAE - F- EE- A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific D... Read more

A:My wireless network shows "limited connectivity" but has good signal,

It looks like you have a possibly good ethernet connection through a broadband modem. Are you having trouble with this connection?

We cannot help with your attempts to connect to a neighbor's network because you are violating the law and/or the neighbor is violating the terms of service of his ISP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wireless-network-shows-limited-connectivity-but-has-good-signal.715120/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi, I've got a basic wi fi setup here with a router and my laptop, an it was working great up until the other day when I switched the computer on and it came up with the usual 90something percent signal strength, but "limited or no connection". This has only happened to me before when I've been too far away or obstructed from the router. I know the router is fine because this computer (a different one) works with it fine, but mine doesn't.

Any suggestions? I feel like I've tried everything.

Thanks.

A:Solved: Limited or no connection on excellent signal strength??

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands, Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-limited-or-no-connection-on-excellent-signal-strength.586546/
Relevancy 92.45%

My signal strength shows Excellent but my internet connection comes amp goes all of a sudden I read some other post as to what they did to resolve their issue so this is my info below Please help Thank you Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users tebako gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name tebako-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled little to internet strength no signal connectivity Excellent but No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - B-B - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d e d cf d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday August PM Lease Expires Thursday August PM Default Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - F-A - - - B-B - -A DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E E Family PCI-E FE NI C Physical Address - F- - -CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E A FEF-F C- - A- F FDF br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap F E -C B- BE -B FD-B A B br F Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users tebako gt nbsp

A:Excellent signal strength but little to no internet connectivity

Copied this from a post by pedroguy.

Ok:This is what we know about that Atheros adapter.Boils down to two possibilities :
Encryption and or driver issue.
I think both of those are covered below.
Courtesy of ETAF and Terrynet on the Networking Forum:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atheros AR5007EG & AR5007
We have recently been seeing a lot of problems with the above adapters over the last few months, mainly concerning WPA and WPA2 encryption and windows Vista.

The adapter gets an IP configuration, and shows as connected, but communication is non-existent or sporadic.

Log into the Router and disable the wireless security and see if you are now able to connect to the internet and surf OK.
--- Please post back here if that works or does not work.

Here are a number of possible solutions

--- 1) In Device Manager right click on the wireless adapter and "update driver." That apparently has worked for some posters.

--- 2) Download and install the latest wireless driver from your laptop manufacturer's web site support section, as some manufactures, appear to now have a working driver available.
Toshiba - update has worked for some PCs
HP The latest HP Atheros driver dated Sept 2010 has fixed the issue - so check the driver date, However, that does NOT apply to all HPs / Compaqs machines
- the poster did an online scan for driver updates on the HP website here HP Product Detection which resulted in a solution. Solved: Can't connect to internet wirelessly - Atheros AR5007 Wifi through Clear Comm - Tech Support Guy Forums

If you can post the Make and EXACT model of your PC here, along with the windows version you have and we will see if we can find the driver and will post a link as a reply here.

--- 3) On one occasion re-setting the router back to factory default and re-configuring the router settings has resolved the issue

--- 4) A few posters here with the same issue have found that the driver from this site ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows resolved the issue
http://www.atheros.cz/
Threads are here
Solved: Public Network - Access: Local Only (Please help!) - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...ess-local.html
Solved: NetGear WNDR3700 Incompatibilty W/ Atheros AR5700 - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...tibilty-w.html
Solved: Local connection only when connected to secured wirless - Tech Support Guy Forums
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...only-when.html
Solved: Unidentified Network - Tech Support Guy Forums
Unidentified Network
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...d-network.html
I do NOT know anything about the site mentioned ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows
http://www.atheros.cz/

However, if you do decide to try the driver, Please let us know the outcome

Direct link to the drivers are below
You only need to click on the green download button labelled " click to download " and wait, the file will download - you do not need to click on any other buttons to get the download started

AR5007
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007 and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirele...et=21&system=3
Although this driver has shown up in BSODs (Blue Screen Of Death) on Vista SP2 systems, usually conflicting with updated Vista OS drivers like netio.sys, tcpip.sys and other networking related drivers.

AR5007EG
Vista 32 Bit
Drivers for Atheros AR5007EG and Windows Vista
http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirele...et=22&system=3
Assuming that after all the above the wireless still does not connect to the internet, all I can suggest is to use wireless security of WEP or to get an external USB wireless card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excellent-signal-strength-but-little-to-no-internet-connectivity.1011864/
Relevancy 90.73%

Im still having problems connecting my samsung r530 laptop when I am some distance from the router. What puzzles me is that my atheros AR9285 wireless card sees my network with a good signal strength but it will not connect. The small connection circle contunuiously rotates but it never connects. It connects fine when I move close to the router but no chance when away.
I could understand it if my network was not in range or the signal was poor but what reason will it not connect when its the closest network? Do I need to invest in a new router with the N range, do I need a better wireless card in my laptop, or do I have an adaptor or network setting that is incorrect. SHould I use static ip address or stick with my auto configuration? My networking tech knowledge is rather poor so I need all the help I can get please.

A:Signal strength good but no connection

Hello,

Let's see what we can do.

Have you updated your wireless network adapter to the current one yet?

Maybe some tweaking from your router is need, first off please provide the following.
From your wireless computer pls. install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector[/URL].
Click on the 'Show Networks' to display all wireless networks on the xirrus icon on your desktop of if you have one running in a corner. Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached it here.

Please post an update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130534-signal-strength-good-but-no-connection.html
Relevancy 90.73%

hey im crazy whit this
i have a linksys rauter in my main computer i have 100mbps speed then i put the rauter and when i use my laptop i have very good signal strength but in speed i just have 1 or 2 mbps in my laptop

A:why good signal strength and bad speed

Comparing pples and oranges.
Ethernet connection computer to router 100 Mbps standard
Wireless connection computer to router 54 Mbps standard 801.11 b/g

How are you testing the connection from laptop to router? Click wireless icon and bring up status page. Speed shown here is speed between card and router. Should be 54 Mbps. If it is less than this you have a problem with you wireless card or router.

Are you running an internet download speed test. This will only show overall speed between your computer and test site, not between computer and router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-good-signal-strength-and-bad-speed.804937/
Relevancy 90.73%

On the right hand side of the taskbar I have the icons for battery life, volume, internet connection, etc. When I used to put the mouse over the internet connection it would show me who I was connected too (SSID) , signal quality, and speed. I began having some issues so I had to remove my Netgear connection and then reconnect. Ever since I did this all that shows up now when I put the mouse over it is now only says: Netgear and Internet access. How do I get the information back. It shows up on my desktop, but not my laptop.

Relevancy 89.87%

I ve been using the wireless modem with my laptop with great success for some months But all of a sudden it s really giving me jip I will be surfing away wirelessly in the room above the modem and it will lose connection going from = BAD! Signal good, Internet Connection strength = limited connectivity Signal strength = good, Internet Connection = BAD! to no connectivity at all And sometimes when it is connected the browsing is really sluggish But then at other times it s fine The modem is still in the same place it s always been and the Signal strength = good, Internet Connection = BAD! cordless phone I have is in exactly the same place Nothing new is near it Signal strength = good, Internet Connection = BAD! that could be causing conflict The only thing I can suggest is that my next door neighbour has just had his broadband line reconnected and is using a wireless modem The reason I think it may be this is because I had the same problem several months ago but then it just corrected itself and has been working perfectly fine until now I think although cannot be sure that this tallies with when my neighbour lost his broadband line Is it possible it could be that Also I recently upgraded to IE have been racking my brain to try and remember if the problem started at the same time but I don t think it did I ll be massively grateful for any advice offered as it s driving me up the wall what s the point of paying for a wireless modem and laptop if I have to sit within meters of the bloomin modem at all times Thanks in advance Denise xx nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

Hi, I just bought a new-to-me IBM ThinkPad R51, with Windows XP, and a Wifi signal is detected. The green Wifi symbol is lit up at the bottom of the monitor, and the icon says "Signal strength: Good". But when I try to pull up Google on IE v6, it says Page Cannot Be Displayed. My phone and other 2 computers connect through Wifi just fine.

I have no idea what the first thing to try would be, but I'm willing to go through however much troubleshooting I need to, if anyone may be able to help me get my laptop to go online. I would appreciate it so much!

Julia

A:ThinkPad says Signal Strength: Good, but IE Cannot Find Server

What version of IE is installed?

Are all critical updates installed?

Many websites no longer will tolerate IE 8 in XP...I use Firefox on those websites while continuing to use IE 8 where I can.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584095/thinkpad-says-signal-strength-good-but-ie-cannot-find-server/
Relevancy 89.01%

HI hi
I'm getting excellent signal strength but for the past hour I've been getting "acquiring network address".

I switched to a different wireless signal, and it connected quite easily. Tried back with the latter...still "acquiring network address"

Tried repairing IP ....didn't solve it.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance.:blackeye:

A:Signal strength good but still acquiring network address

You may need to power cycle your router (if that's what you have handing out IP addresses).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-strength-good-but-still-acquiring-network-address.123476/
Relevancy 82.56%

I have an Windows XP Compaq Presario v2000 laptop computer.
I use a LINKSYS router model WRT54GS.
I am able to connect directly to my modem, but not wirlessly or wired through my router. The problem is not with my computer because I am able to access the internet through neighbors wireless, but not my own.

Im able to get association (signal Strength), but I cant access the internet.

A:I’m able to get association (signal Strength), but I can’t access the internet.

Remove all stored wireless profiles on the machine and search for the network and connect.

If that doesn't do it, try it with no encryption on the router and see if you can connect that way. If so, updating the drivers on the laptop may be the answer. Of course, you should also have the latest updates for XP as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i%C2%92m-able-to-get-association-signal-strength-but-i-can%C2%92t-access-the-internet.837294/
Relevancy 82.56%

Our office wireless network uses a Linksys Wireless Access Point (WAP54G Model) (1 month old). Three users successfully connect at either end of the building and signal strength is very good to excellent.

The signal strength doesn't appear to be a problem, but the consistency of that signal is.
It unexpectedly drops their connections and then re-establishes itself, sometimes 2-3 minutes later, for no apparent reason. Can anyone explain this?

Also, any recommendations on how we can improve this situation to achieve a more reliable connection? A stronger WAP? Booster antennas? We used a Netgear WAP prior to this, and we had similar connection drop issues.

A:Increasing Wireless Access Point Signal Strength

Start by changing channels, since that sounds like some device is stepping on your signal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/increasing-wireless-access-point-signal-strength.652208/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi. I've recently replaced an antenna to my wirelss router/print server. While it shows a good speed and either very good or excellent connection, I keep getting 'Limited or No Connection' when trying to access my secure network from my laptop. I can access other's networks so I know it's not the laptop. Similary, I am online on a separate PC so I know it's not the cable modem. I recently moved and am wondering if I need to change the IPs, etc. I did not change any of my service providers so I was hoping for a smooth transition. I appreaciate any feedback. Oh yeah, I've already power cycled and no luck.

Thanks

Relevancy 82.13%

So my problem is probably pretty simple and im just over looking something. or it may be the whole Vista OS kicking my butt. I have a Laptop which i mainly only use for games. I recently moved into the Barraks on the base, which happens to hve free public wifi. it was working good for about 3 days then it cut out for no visible reason. i always have 4-5 bars and now when i connect it trys to connect for a minute or so. then it becomes unidentified network with limited or no connectivity. i've tried most things i can think of, manually setting the IP, rolling back the wireless driver, updating the driver, reconnecting, tried letting windows repair connecton. all to no avail. i cannot access the router or i would try resetting that. basically i have run out of ideas. and ideas i havent tried?

Relevancy 82.13%

hi everyone please help me with this network issue ive seen couple of simillar issues but the solutions apply only to them my cousin has been trying to access my wireless network when we connect from his laptop and type in the key for my router it perfectly connects but then his wireless connection says quot connectivity or SIGNAL STRONG Yet limited no limited or no connectivity quot MY WIRELESS NETWORK AND MY PC info Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - limited or no connectivity Yet STRONG SIGNAL Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings bernis gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name xXbernisXx Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - -F -DD-ED Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Monday October PM C Documents and Settings bernis gt HIS LAPTOP info system Microsoft Windows XP Proffesional Version Service pack C Documents and Settings xp gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name dell-d Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Intergrated Controller Physical Address - C- -B - - Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - E- C- - C- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway C Documents and Settings xp gt and he uses DELL WIRELESS WLAN CARD UTILITY nbsp

Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I m using a laptop and desktop side by side connecting to a router by LAN cable and wireless The desktop computer connects by cable thru the router to the internet without problem but about weeks ago my laptop stopped getting an internet connection The computer is connecting to the router but no further I have spent the last few weeks checking cables reinstalling drivers and trying plug in cable LAN cards to no avail At the start of the problem I connected to the internet by dialup and although I appeared to connect there was no communication I have currently installed a Realtek RTL X family fast ethernet NIC Intel Pro wireless BG and a Netgear FA TX Fast ethernet PC Card The IP addresses on the laptop all start with Limited but Connectivity signal strong and I have tried to renew thru the command prompt but I get the message quot An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket quot I m Limited Connectivity but strong signal confused as I appear to connect by several means but get no communication any one got any ideas nbsp

A:Limited Connectivity but strong signal

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-connectivity-but-strong-signal.620740/
Relevancy 81.27%

So I purchased a y510p from a retailer yesterday and was very happy with it. First thing I did was update to Windows 8.1. After updating, I get VERY unreliable, weak wi-fi signals and limited connectivity on all wi-fi connections. I need help, fast! My wireless card is Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:[HELP] Y510P limited connectivity and weak signal ...

hi yan3321,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try to:
1. Press Windowskey+R type appwiz.cpl. On the list of programs, uninstall any trace of Intel Wiress Driver and Bluetooth Software
2. Download and install the following:
Intel WLAN Driver for 64-bit Windows
Version: 16.5.1.6 

Intel Bluetooth Driver for 64-bit Windows

Version: 3.1.1307.360 

The blueooth driver/software is needed as the Intel Centrino N2230 is a wifi/bluetooth combo adapter. After you install the above drivers, turn off or disable bluetooth then try connecting to your wifi network.

If you still get limited connectivity, try to boot in Safe Mode with Networking and observe.
  - If internet works fine there, temporarily disable/uninstall any running firewall/security software and observe it in normal mode.
  - If you have an invalid IP (i.e. 169.254.x.x) and you have a separate modem/router. Try to turn it off and turn it back on after 10secs (turn ON the modem first and when all the lights are ON, turn the router ON and reconnect). If you have a router/modem combination, you can just turn it off for 10-20secs and turn it back ON.

Let me know how it goes

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/HELP-Y510P-limited-connectivity-and-weak-signal-after-upgrading/td-p/1329399
Relevancy 81.27%

I am getting a strong wireless signal, but see Limted or no Connectivity from my network. How do I get connected? I am using an older Dell Inspiron machine to try to connect to a network that my newer laptop can successfully connect to?

Relevancy 81.27%

My understanding of networks and the internet is pretty limited and my computer knowledge is definitely average! So your help would be very much appreciated. My sisters laptop is having problems connecting to our wireless. It identifies the wireless connection as strong but says that there is limited connectivity not allowing us to connect to the internet. However on my laptop the connectivity is strong and allows me to connect.
She is on windows vista I am on windows xp, not sure if this helps or is the issue.

Relevancy 80.84%

Ok so I just installed one of these Cisco Aironet access points in a large office The datasheet from Cisco says that I should be able to have a full Mbps signal at ft in an quot Open Office Environment quot and should be able to get an Mbps signal at Signal Point Cisco Aironet - 1100 Access Strength Solved: ft http www cisco com en US products hw wireless ps products data sheet a f ea html I tested the range of the access point by walking through the office with my laptop putting several rooms walls between us I started to Solved: Cisco Aironet 1100 Access Point - Signal Strength lose my signal around feet away straight line Solved: Cisco Aironet 1100 Access Point - Signal Strength distance and completely lost it at ft I have a schematic of the office for measuring this Now I realize that walls and framing interfere with the signal and feet through walls in my mind is a pretty good distance for this point to function but my questions are What is Cisco s definition of an quot Open Office Environment quot Should I be getting better performance out of this device than I am receiving What does everyone think about signal strength distance in a quot real office environment quot through multiple rooms walls nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

Hey all, first timer here!

My moms laptop connects to our wireless just fine. When i moved home recently with my perfectly working desktop, it would find the wireless connection but have only limited or no connectivity.
I just bought a brand new netbook (Asus EeePC) and it locates our wireless connection just fine, says it has strong signal, but can not connect to internet. It says it is acquiring network address and then tells me that it couldn't.

I've done some google browsing and have tried a few suggestions, but to no avail. (Checked firewall, disconnected & reconnected, etc).. =(

Help! Pleeease and thank you!

A:Brand new netbook, strong signal but limited/no connectivity... Help!

Is the wireless encrypted? Do you know the key?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-netbook-strong-signal-but-limited-no-connectivity-help.866834/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have been using wireless internet on my laptop at work without any problems, until a few days ago. Now when I try to get online, I get a message saying connected with limited access and at the bottom of my screen where the status of the internet comes up, it has a caution sign, that says limited activity. I cannot get on line, but it says that I have an excellent signal. Please help.

Relevancy 75.68%

I am not the original poster but the problem is the same Desktop is Dell running xp with action tec GT WG modem from qwest Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name tilton Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No or limited connectivity limited access Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connecti on Physical Address - C-F -D - B- Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers This is the laptop Toshiba running vista Both computers running Norton I turned off firewall on laptop but still does not let me have use of internet I know it is just a matter of changing the properties but do not know what boxes need to be checked or unchecked It might help that you know the laptop usually uses wireless broadband from verizon through USB access device Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Dreamcastle Trucking gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name limited connectivity or limited access DreamcastleT-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network limited connectivity or limited access Adapter Physical Address - F- A- - F- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b e b e ecfc Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - E- - D- B-AF DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap FD EC B- - B- FC - EEE br B B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B- - E- AC- B br E E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DA A F- EC - F - C - AF br AD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DA A F- EC - F - C - AF br AD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B- - E- AC- B br E E Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D FCA - E - F-B C- E BBC br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-spe... Read more

Relevancy 73.53%

I am attempting to connect my computer to my home wireless network but am having trouble It connects to the network Limited Connectivity Access: but says it has quot limited connectivity quot Ive tried everything I can think of but nothing has worked From what I gather Vista has some issues with this problem If you could offer any help itd be really appreciated Thanks in advance Here are my IP settings if they are any help Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Access: Limited Connectivity Users Matt gt IPCONFIG Access: Limited Connectivity ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Matt-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Access: Limited Connectivity Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List BigPond Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Personal Area Network Physical Address - - A-B -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -E -A -B -D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d ca b eb f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description Intel R MM Gigabit Network Connecti on Physical Address - - - - F- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cd b f d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday March PM Lease Expires Monday April PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BigPond Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix BigPond Description isatap BigPond Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e cc Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe cc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Matt gt nbsp

A:Access: Limited Connectivity

Turn off the router, put off the computer that has the limited connectivity, unplug the network cable from the back of the router, connect back in 20 seconds then boot your computer again...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-limited-connectivity.695458/
Relevancy 72.67%

HI,

One of my user having a uncommon issue, while she works, she gets this

but at this time internet and email are working (connected to LAN). issue is some time when she get this notification some of URLs can not access, they are not block from our firewall also.Sometimes the message went off automatically.there is no error in the event viewer
I have tried below steps to solve this issue.

1. Change IP addresses.
2. Change network cable and network port.
3. Uninstall drivers and reinstall

This user has changed her notebook 2 months back,she had this problem when she had her previous notebook.

Can you guys give a support.

Thank you
Chinthana

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/no-internet-access-and-limited-connectivity-1063098.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I am having difficulties with establishing an internet connection on my pc laptop I have IPTV The TV works fine but in the right hand side of the screen there appears a message quot Limited Access or no connectivity quot My laptop has windows Wheter I try to connect via wireless or ethernet cable I get the message quot Limited Access or no connectivity quot Both Tv and Laptop are connected to Internet through a HG Huawei Router of the lan ports are pre-configured by the ISP to work with TV's the other are for connecting computers I am asking you if the problem might be related with the router or with my ISP connectivity Limited No Access or Router I must mention that I for some unknown reason cannot access the router's default IP adrress quot The page cannot be displayed quot - in IE quot My IP is static Setting the DHCP mode to off disabled could somehow be causing these problems Please help me find the source of this headache I am now posting from a neighbour's computer Thanks in advance

A:Router Limited Access or No connectivity

It sounds as if your router is bad and you should give your ISP a call for a tech visit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/284287-router-limited-access-no-connectivity.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm using XP on a Dell inspiron 1501 with a linksys wtg-54G router. My other laptop works fine on the network but with this one I get a strong signal but limited or no connectivity.
Wireless Network Connection :
Physical Address...................................00-1A-92-1F-5F
Dhcp enabled....................................... Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled...................... Yes
Autoconfiguration IP Address.................. 169.254.129.113
Subnet Mask ...................................... 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway ................................. 169.254.129.113

Any ideas ?

Any ideas ?

Relevancy 71.81%

Hello guys. Im having this issue since the purchase of my laptop - Acer V3-471G. The wifi will show exclamation mark for every 5 minute i guess and it saying limited connectivity. And if i wait for about 5 minute, the problem gone and connectivity back to normal again. After that the problem occur again.
Methods tried:
1)Uninstalling wireless lan driver and installed it back.
2)Reconfigure router configuration.
3)Connect to other wifi aside from my home wifi.
And that's all. Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for my bad English as English not my native tongue.
Even when i'm writing this thread the problem occur for three times.

A:No Internet Access / Limited Connectivity-Windows 8

Suggest that you uninstall all preinstalled bloatware and any type of trial anti virus software, then visit Windows update Center.

Be sure to use WPA2 security with AES encryption.

Or Contact Acer for help.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/19019-no-internet-access-limited-connectivity-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 71.81%

i cant access the internet and it has that yellow triangle over the two desktop at the taskbar saying limited connectivity Im using netbook compaq presario v running in vista home premium here the log of cant the :( Limited HELP Solved: internet access connectivity my ipconfig all im using ethernet wired internet with router and Solved: HELP Limited connectivity cant access the internet :( we have wired computers that connected to that router too Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users bebot gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bebot-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - - - F DHCP Enabled Solved: HELP Limited connectivity cant access the internet :( Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - - -EE- C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a b f bf Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D E- A - E -B -E FBBFDB br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled Solved: HELP Limited connectivity cant access the internet :( No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap E F- F- A - C- B D DC br AD Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users bebot gt Pls pls pls can someone tell me what to do thanks nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hello, I am currently having serious issues connecting my windows 8 desktop to wireless internet. It runs fine when hardwired in and I have tried to reinstall drivers I have run programs ensuring me they are all up to date. The computer is a HP Pavilion m8430f. The router is a Verizon router and I believe the company that makes it is actiontec m142wr. Any information on how to try and solve this would be very helpful. Thank you.

A:Wireless Limited access connectivity windows 8

Try shutting down your computer, then power down your modem/router wait 30 seconds and turn it back on.

wait about 5 minutes and turn on your computer let it do its magic then see what the connectivity looks like..

Brooklyn

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/24725-wireless-limited-access-connectivity-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi, I have read thousands of forums facing the same problem I had but nothing is working out for me. May be I am not getting the right one as I am bad at proper research. please do something I have just one laptop and unable to access Internet as it's connectivity is always limited. Realtek driver RTL 8723BE has issues. I even tried the drivers installed in my sysytem but same happens some worked for days but again this issues arises in other drivers as well. Totally fed up. Please pleased help.... Tried power management cmd thing changed dns address nothing worked much. Thank you Looking forward to HP support assistance. Regards, Anam

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Connectivity-Issues-Limited-and-no-access/td-p/5697980
Relevancy 71.81%

Dear users I recently upgraded from vista home to vista ultimate and my pc is connecting to the wireless access point but I have limited connectivity is there a solution here that will fix this. I read all kinds of solutions that says install vista sp2 service pack that still has not resolved the issue. I have also tried to disable the DHCP broadcast flag using fix it for me in Microsoft support but that does not work either. The strange thing is my pc connects wirelessly no problem in other business locations but will not connect to my home router. Before I upgraded to ultimate the pc was connecting fine.

A:Limited connectivity to wireless access point

OK,

Delete the troublesome wireless connection & create a new one to the same location on your new windows system.

I would always advise upgrading Windows the system to the latest version service packs etc. (NOT Microsoft recommended drivers for third party devices though, OK for MS devices).

If this is still a problem post back.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/285242-limited-connectivity-wireless-access-point.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Alright I ve been messing with this problem all weekend and I m out of ideas Any and all suggestions would Access Limited Connectivity Point Wireless with be most appreciated I have recently bought a new computer that came with Vista installed I ve been installing all my old USB attachments Limited Connectivity with Wireless Access Point so I can get everything up and running but I ve hit a road block with my wireless access point It is not a brand name AP just one I bought off of Ebay from Hong Kong but it worked very well on XP It comes with the ZDwlan utility for managing the network which worked fine on XP My first problem was getting the program and the right driver installed in Vista I was able to do this with help from other sites around the web But no one has covered what I need to do now that the hardware is working in order to get Vista to recognize the connection I can use the ZDwlan utility to set up the access point and windows detects that there is a wireless connection but it is not identifying the SSID It just shows quot unidentified connection quot No Default Gateway or DNS servers are listed under Details in Network and Sharing for t he wireless I turned off Vista s wireless configuration system because it was blocking the ZDwlan program All I want to do is get Vista to recognize the wireless connection I m trying to set up and share the internet from my cable modem connected to the computer via USB with the wireless device program so I can connect my game consoles etc over wireless My Nintendo DS can see the network but it fails to obtain an IP address from the wireless signal Any ideas thoughts on how I can make that happen Thanks in advance Log from ipconfig Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Windows IP Configuration Wireless LAN adapter Woot Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address c fc c edd a e de cf Site-local IPv Address fec c edd a e de cf Temporary IPv Address c fc c c ba a d Link-local IPv Address fe edd a e de cf Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Internet Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd md comcast net Link-local IPv Address fe c c f c IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd md comcast net Link-local IPv Address fe efe Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e ca ba e f Link-local IPv Address fe ca ba e f Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe efe Default Gateway Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd md comcast net Temporary IPv Address c fc c fc Default Gateway c c Thanks again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-connectivity-with-wireless-access-point.701107/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello guys I am using a Dell Inspiron with Windows Vista Home Basic -bit OS I was using Local Vista or Access Limited only Windows Connectivity the hotel wi-fi network in which I am residing in currently Everything was hunky dory for a week when all of a sudden I could not connect to the wi-fi network in my hotel I Windows Vista Local Access only or Limited Connectivity keep getting either a Limited connectivity message with a yellow triangle on the wi-fi icon or a Local only access I searched everywhere and tried all possible things like - Changed the Dhcp flag in the windows registry as directed on the microsoft site - reset the wincsock using quot netsf winsock reset quot - Disabled Ipv for the network in the quot Properties tab quot Its highly pissing off as my friend staying in the same hotel with a HP laptop running Vista Home Premium is able to connect to the same wi-fi network without any issues Can anyone please help me out with this its really irritating Thanks in advance

A:Windows Vista Local Access only or Limited Connectivity

Guys call it my lucky charm or whatever , the day I posted my query on this forum , I was myself able to figure out the solution.

I just changed the registry setting field DhcpIPAddress to an IP Address that was from a Spool of IP addresses that was functioning correctly. I checked my friends IP on his laptop that was able to connect to the same network and set the IP Address in the DhcpIPAddress field to the next IP (my friends IP + 1) . After that I also reset my winsock settings with the command. "netsh winsock reset" to run this command , you need to open command prompt in the administrator mode. But I am not sure whether this contributed to solving the problem. I guess changing the DhcpIPAddress field was enough.

Do the above, and restart your machine, hopefully it should work fine.

Let me know if you need anyone needs help. All the best !!!!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/260089-windows-vista-local-access-only-limited-connectivity.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Dear Sir Randomly a dreaded yellow exclamation mark on the wifi and then its seen written No internet connetivity and Limited Access And then when I run troubleshoot problem the laptop hangs up and there is no other option then to restart the laptop I have been facing this issue since mid July and have tried everything under the sun I am not a tech savy person but still I tried my best and did the following - Deleting and Readding wifi network - Even formatted my computer - Replaced the router for 7, problem, HP windows Limited connectivity access/ No laptop. broadband wifi - Did power management for battery unchecked the icon which automatically switches off the wifi in order to save power Now I am tired please help me please help sir if there is anything I can do The last I read in your thread was to run CMD and then ipconfig The stats from the following are given below Please sir help me and I shall remain every grateful Let me know if you need any other statistics Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users MA gt ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Link-local IPv Address fe c IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway fe ff fe c fa f Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap AC E - - D C- CE- E B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap local lan Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix local lan Tunnel adapter isatap B C -C - F -B BE- EA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix IPv Address e ba f fefa Link-local IPv Address fe ba f fefa Default Gateway C Users MA gt nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi all,
I have an Acer Aspire 3680 with atheros wireless lan on a vista operating system.
Recently I moved and thus switched my internet carrier from a linksys wireless router on comcast to a verizon fios wireless router.
Ever since this switch, I have been unable to access the internet wirelessly for any more than 3-4 minutes before the signal turns off.
It is always on "local only" access or "limited connectivity".

I have numerous wireless devices running on my network, however my laptop is the only hardware that is having problems with my new network.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and how I can fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,

Recently I have been experiencing recurring internet connectivity issues. Roughly every 30 minutes, my laptop will report limited connectivity to my home's wireless network and I will lose internet access. Disconnecting and reconnecting to the wireless network will allow me to temporarily regain internet access (up until my computer inevitably loses its internet connection again due to the limited connectivity issue). This issue appeared suddenly, but I suspect it might be due to a virus of some kind (as I have neither installed any software recently nor have I tampered with my computer's internet settings). I also believe the wireless network is fully functional as I am able to access internet at all times using other computers and wifi devices (even when my laptop is reporting limited connectivity). I ran a Norton 360 Full System Scan and a Malwarebytes Anti-malware scan but to no avail.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Recurring Limited Access Wireless Connectivity Issue

Try to set static IP and check if the issues exists after. Try also disabling power managment of Wifi card in Device manager, I doubt that is the issue but can't  do no harm.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558827/recurring-limited-access-wireless-connectivity-issue/
Relevancy 70.52%

Product name : HP Pavilion Notebook - 14-n201TX    Operating System : Windows 8.1 Using mobile access point i'm trying to connect to the internet in Laptop. After the Device is connected  it is showing as "The connection is limited" so not able to connect to inernet. In Network and charing centre also device is present but "No internet access" message is shown above. Currently the network driver is Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter. I tried with other network adapters present, but no luck.  Please help me to solve this issue.

A:Limited access Wifi network connectivity issue in HP pavilio...

Hello sanchi, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that your notebook is having difficulty connecting to your wireless network, and I would be happy to assist you in this matter! Since you have attempted to connect with different network adaptors, I recommend following this document on Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8). This should help re-establish the connection between your notebook and the network. For further assistance, I will need to know:The model of the router you are attempting to connect to.How far away this router is from your notebook.If this is a recent, or on-going issue.Please re-post with the results of your troubleshooting, as well as the requested information above. I look forward to your reply!Regards  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Limited-access-Wifi-network-connectivity-issue-in-HP/td-p/4067304
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi folks Been having a problem for a while with an acer aspire laptop in that whilst I can connect to our wireless network I can t connect to the internet It says I ve got local internet access - limited Can't to connectivity ipv4 local only - connect only access I Can't connect to internet - limited ipv4 connectivity - local only access ve tried to follow the steps on previous threads about this but to no avail Can't connect to internet - limited ipv4 connectivity - local only access I m using Vista have re-installed Kaspersky anti-virus uninstalled Norton Internet security and set windows firewall to be the firewall After renewing the winsock settings and restarting I noticed that I had no default gateway on the wifi settings and thought that might be the reason behind this all not working so I manually set the ip and dns ipv settings for that wireless network copying them from the LAN settings that worked But that hasn t fixed the problem hence posting here Here s the ipconfig all with a LAN connection that works and a wireless connection that doesn t C Users Sophie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Sophie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - - D- - - DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e d d aa d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-AB-E - - - -D -A - F-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - -D -A - F-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f db e ed Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained June Lease Expires June Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - D-AB-E - - - -D -A - F-F DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Loca... Read more

A:Can't connect to internet - limited ipv4 connectivity - local only access

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-limited-ipv4-connectivity-local-only-access.927755/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have had this problem for years (4 years to be exact). So how do I fix that:Basically it says:"State of the connectionLimited or no connectivityYou might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources.This problem happens because the network did not attribute an address to the computer."

A:This connection has limited or no connectivity. You might not be able to access the Internet or some network resources.

Can you still access internet?
It appears that your ISP is not running a DHCP server. DHCP allows you to request an IP address and DNS server addresses automatically. So, you may have to manually set the IP address and DNS server addresses.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/294696/this-connection-has-limited-or-no-connectivity-you-might-not-be-able-to-access-the-internet-or-some-network-resources/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I used to connect to a access only/limited mr814 vista, netgear local with connectivity netgear wgr router wirelessly at my previous residence Where I live now we have a mr netgear router I only ever get limited connectivity or local access only with it This is what ipconfig all tells me Windows IP Configuration Host Name Lydia-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek Extensible b g Wireless Device Physical Address -C -A -D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e cb b Preferred Autoconfiguration local access only/limited connectivity with vista, netgear mr814 IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BC - C- AC-AC - BB CF AE Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS local access only/limited connectivity with vista, netgear mr814 over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes any suggestions nbsp

A:local access only/limited connectivity with vista, netgear mr814

jiveturkey said:

Hello
I used to connect to a netgear wgr614 router wirelessly at my previous residence.
Where I live now, we have a mr814 netgear router. I only ever get limited connectivity or local access only with it.

any suggestions?Click to expand...

Yes, take a look at this:
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek 8185 Extensible 802.11b/g Wireless Device
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-C0-A8-D1-76-94
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::3517:6e63:cb38:261b%10(Preferred)
Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.38.27(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 134267048
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1
fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : EnabledClick to expand...

Your wireless NIC has DHCP enabled but it's not getting an IP address from your Netgear router. The IP address you have, 169.254.38.27, is from a ranger called APIPA. You cannot surf the Web with an APIPA address. You also have no default gateway defined (which should be your router's IP address), and I'm not sure why there's all the IPv6 stuff in there.

It looks like you need to configure your Netgear router with a) a unique IP address (try 192.168.1.1) and b) the DHCP feature to give your PC an IP address on boot up. Or, you could statically configure your PC to use the address 192.168.1.2, but I usually prefer DHCP.

If your router came with a setup CD, try running it if you need help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-limited-connectivity-with-vista-netgear-mr814.636110/
Relevancy 69.66%

I "Limited removal, registry connectivity after edit. virus WiFi access" m trying to fix my girlfriend s Windows laptop after she had a virus malware infection I m pretty sure we ve successfully cleared the virus an updated full scan with Malwarebyte s Anti-Malware in safe mode comes up clean "Limited access" WiFi connectivity after virus removal, registry edit. However we have had no Internet access since the infection The wireless router connection itself is fine I connect to it daily with my laptop as I am to write this post but her laptop won t connect to it we can t browse any web pages I may have made the problem worse in trying to resolve it I stupidly followed the advice on a forum for some registry edits for Windows XP--deleting WinSock and WinSock from the registry and then restarting the computer in hopes they d re-register themselves Unfortunately WinSock re-appeared "Limited access" WiFi connectivity after virus removal, registry edit. but WinSock did not I m wondering if this has created a new problem or compounded the problems we were already having In diagnostics we currently get the following report quot Wireless Network Connection doesn t have a valid IP configuration quot I just ran an ipconfig in the command prompt and got the following results Windows IP Configuration Host Name Elizabeth-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg Centrino reg WiMAX Physical Address - D-E - - E-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg Centrino reg Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - - -CF- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cb bef b d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BF- B-D -B -AC- F- -B -B DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix myhome westell com Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B -AC- F- -B -BD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C FEF B-B - CB- A- EAB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes She no longer has can t find her original Windows install disc So with that in mind any ideas for troubleshooting resolving this We d both really appreciate it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417624/limited-access-wifi-connectivity-after-virus-removal-registry-edit/
Relevancy 69.66%

I can not access the internet with any of three browsers, IE8, Chrome or Firefox. It says I have a strong wifi signal and that I am connected. The error message says that I cannot access teh server. Our wifi is not encrypted. Any help would be appreciated.

A:I cannot access the internet even with good signal

1. This isn't the right place to post.
2. The problem is not from your computer, you will need to
Contact your ISP (internet service provider) about your problem.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/282343-i-cannot-access-internet-even-good-signal.html
Relevancy 68.8%

So at my friend s house whenever it rains or bad cloudy day there is no WiFi signal sending from main floor to nd floor So I recommend them to install a Linksys RE range extender to boost the signal on the existing Linksys AC unit and the setup of that extender is wacky It somehow works after a while but w o the GHz band But the other day when they re-plug and good what's signal doesn't day during booster signal & WiFi rainy the work, signal extender? no in that extender there is no signal even on a sunny no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? day So today no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender? I try to help them to re-initialize that RE by going thru the instruction totally no signal on a sunny day Now assuming it s a defective DOA unit is there some range extender that is high quality And has a nice and simple setup software just in case pushing the WPS button doesn t work And more importantly should we unplug the extender when you don t use it Or are you suppose to always leave it plug in If you unplug it would you lost all the setting on that extender nbsp

A:no WiFi signal during rainy day and signal booster doesn't work, & what's the good signal extender?

Ouch!
Use a wire. Extend WiFi via remotely placed access points.

https://hardforum.com/threads/no-wifi-signal-during-rainy-day-and-signal-booster-doesnt-work-whats-the-good-signal-extender.1904091/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi All Grateful for any assitance you can provide to help get me connected I ve just recently bought a second hand Acire Local Limited 5310 Connectivity Laptop / Aspire Vista - Access Acer laptop Acer Aspire 5310 Vista Laptop - Local Access / Limited Connectivity is v good condition it does everything fine apart from connect via wireless I Acer Aspire 5310 Vista Laptop - Local Access / Limited Connectivity have another laptop which can connect on it s wireless and the Acer laptop can get a connection if you use a network cable directly to the router I have a Sky phone amp Broadband package I ve looked over similiar posts but can t seem to fix the problem I notice a lot of people ask for the below so thought the least I can do is provide it for someone to help me out - Working Laptop XP -IP config All - Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name IBM- C E D A Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ibm Acer Aspire 5310 Vista Laptop - Local Access / Limited Connectivity com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - F- A-F - E-C Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Intel R Wireless WiFi Link AG Physical Address - - C- - - F Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R MM Gigabit Network Con nection Physical Address - F-E - - - C C Documents and Settings Administrator gt Problematic Acer Laptop - IPconfig All C Users glenteenas gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name glenteenas-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - E-BF- -AC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained February Lease Expires February Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - B- - - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description isatap Home Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap EF A FB- FD - -BE B- CFBB br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5310 Vista Laptop - Local Access / Limited Connectivity

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5310-vista-laptop-local-access-limited-connectivity.979481/
Relevancy 68.8%

I am running vista home premium 32 bit. Last week my computer lost teh ability to access the internet. I have a good wireless signal but no matter which browser I use I get the same message cannot acces the server. All of the other computers work fine including this one that I am using to post this message. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Relevancy 68.37%

I've been asked give limited to access way user? a know Internet Anyone to of a GOOD to configure Windows Professional computers to limit access to only a few select Anyone know of a GOOD way to give limited Internet access to a user? programs I've had good success using a standard user account and setting options in Group Policy e g quot Only run specified Windows applications quot However I've also been asked to enable limited Internet access - i e access to only a few select websites I've been able to do this to some extent via Content Advisor and a quot fake rating quot but one of the sites I need to allow calls on several other websites such as Facebook e g the quot Like this quot button so in order to stop Content Advisor from prompting for a password every time the user clicks a link on the page I have to enable the whole Facebook domain which defeats the point of limiting access in the first place Does anyone know of a program method of limiting Internet access that is smart enough to realize that a website is calling on another one often with impossible-to-allow random urls such as Internet ordering features and thus allow it through Any other solutions suggestions would also be greatly appreciated Thanks for your help

A:Anyone know of a GOOD way to give limited Internet access to a user?

How to Block an IP Address on a Computer | eHow.com
How to Restrict Web Browsing Using Internet Explorer - wikiHow
Restricting Specific Web Sites in Internet Explorer Using Group Policy
Internet censorship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Above may give you some ideas.
Have you got a firewall that monitors traffic?
Can you block IP ranges with your firewall?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/152439-anyone-know-good-way-give-limited-internet-access-user.html
Relevancy 67.94%

WinXP

I have a 802.11g D-Link D1-524 Router
wireless 802.11b PCI card on my other computer in another room
Only getting two bars signal
How do I get the signal higher?

Relevancy 67.94%

hi all ,i want to know how to get the value of signal strength of all access points in my area by java code or c++ as this is very important task in project .thanks

A:how to get signal strength

You're a Vista user posting a programming question in the Windows 2000 forum.Anything weird about that?Did you not notice the Programming and Windows Vista forums?Posting in the correct forum is pretty basic stuff; doesn't look like your project is off to a very good start.Skip

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/how-to-get-signal-strength/65660.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everyone I'm new here
I have this problem ever since i got my new computer put in my room, with a wireless n 300mbs adapter in it. My netgear wireless g router/modem 54mbs is setting on a table only about 4-5 meters from my room, but the signal strength reading on my computer is only 2 and rarely 3 bars, sometimes it fails to connect. My laptop on the otherhand is sitting on the table right next to my computer but has full bars and internet connection on it is great.
It would be great if someone has a solution to this. I'm using window 7
Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, first time user, i was wondering what would cause the signal strength to be so choppy, i play online games once in awhile and my ping jumps all over then settles the jumps again? ive run a signal strength test and that tells the same thing, i'll have a ping of 60 and download strength of 587kbp one time then in the next try it'll be 450 ping and download of 112kbp or worse. any responce will be greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-signal-strength-196729.html
Relevancy 67.51%

how increase my wifi signal strength when i m using tp link w8968 router its signal strength is low when just i go to my room door while i m using bina tone w 850 it doest not happen .so plase tell me how to fi my tp link configuration. i m using win 8.1 .

A:wifi signal strength

natik said:

how increase my wifi signal strength when i m using tp link w8968 routerClick to expand...

If you have the router set to less than 100% Wi-Fi power (I think my new router doesn't even have that setting) than increase it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-signal-strength.1162916/
Relevancy 67.51%

The signal strength usually shows low or very low. I`ve been changing the channels through 1,6,11, but it doesn`t change the signal strength. My modem is a Netgear CGD24N v2. The computer operates ok but i`d like the signal strength to show better than low. Any ideas please?

Relevancy 67.51%

I have 3 computers, 2 wireless laptops and a pc that is plugged in. If I move more than 20 feet from the router my connection is slow on both laptops. Also If both laptops are close and try to load anything big they will nearly stop. I would love to use both laptops at full speed at the same time anywhere bedroom, living room, patio or dining room. If i have to use my laptops in the study I may as well be on the pc. Any advice?

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi. My wireless router no longer gives as consistent/strong a signal strength (especially in other rooms). It did fall recently and I've just tried to use a D-Link High-Gain Indoor Antenna which seemed to slightly improve the situation but the speed and signal strength are not as strong as they used to be (in my old apt). Any thoughts? Always appreciative of the insight.

Thanks

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I recently moved from cat-5 cables to a wireless connection, so I could put my computer in my room. When I connect to my network I always get a terrible connection either Low or No Signal at all. The wireless router is right under my room and I don't know how I'm getting such a bad connection. Any help would be much appreciated.

wow.... No Reply in 6 hours....

A:Terrible Signal Strength

i suspect its due to the makeup of the ceiling and floor -
you could try moving the aerial around on the router and on the PC if a desktop
sometimes just a slight change on postion helps a lot - if i move my router 12" i can pick a signal up in a back room - whcih has nothing in the way.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terrible-signal-strength.468706/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a wireless card built in to my laptop. I live right next door to my office which has a wireless access point. Right next door means, i am approx. 75- 100 feet away. When I connect I can only get a "very low" signal strength. Is there a way to boost this with an antenna or something external?

A:boosting signal strength

Depends on the wireless access point. For example, I have a Linksys WRT54G. I put the router with new 9dB antennas next to the wall so I can access the WAP from next door. I get an excellent signal both next door, and in the room with the router.

Courtney sends....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boosting-signal-strength.531997/
Relevancy 67.51%

Erm.... which do I trust? (see attachment) The question mark is in Comic Sans for added seriousness.

A:Signal strength mismatch

Hi mate, if there is such thing as a matter of trust, i would go the lesser. Hoever, i wouldn't put my lunch money on either. What matters is you are connected it not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/56308-signal-strength-mismatch.html
Relevancy 67.51%

hiii i have a problem to my wifi signal strenght from this afternoon.
before i have getting 5 of 5 bars in my wifi signal i used another wifi router for one day .
now i trying to connect to my old wifi it was not connecting ,if connect also signal strenght is 2 of 5
my friends getting 5 of 5.wifi router distance is 20ft only.
my lap is dell inspiron15 3537..pls help me to get my wifi .

A:wifi signal strength

It depends on what router the old one is. It helps to post the manufacturer & model of the old router you are having problems with.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/53114-wifi-signal-strength.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I currently use a Netgear router from which I run desktops and laptop of the desktops are connected to the router by cable with the remaining desktop and the laptop connecting to the router via rather old ZD wireless adaptors which plug in to spare USB ports Using this method the wireless connectivity is always a bit on the fragile side despite the router desktop and the laptop all being situated in the same room The wireless signal strength can vary between and with a similar variation in signal quality Okay so most of the time this does not seem to affect Router Signal Strength performance but here s the thing I plan Router Signal Strength to purchase a replacement laptop If fortunate enough to Router Signal Strength be able to do so I would like to be able Router Signal Strength to take the laptop outside into the garden so I can sometimes sit and do my work during the summer without being stuck in my home office for hours at a stretch However without a definite improvement in wireless connectivity I can t see how this is going to happen Can you suggest what type of router I would be best to purchase which will provide extended range and allow me to move my laptop around my house and garden whilst still enjoying reliable connectivity Or can I add a larger antenna to my existing router to boost performance - or is this against wireless telegraphy regulations nbsp

A:Router Signal Strength

with the laptop you currently have wireless - can we see an xirrus screen shot (we may also need to use inSSIDer later) from your normal position - allow the graph to run for a while

and then move out towards the garden and see what the signal does

for a comparison - can we also see xirrus from the wireless enabled desktop PC in the normal position - may be useful to also see the laptop next to the desktop

as thats quite a few screen shots - make sure we know which screen shot is for which device and also which location

it will depend on the construction and obstacles between the router and the garden location as to which will work the best

whats the exact model of the netgear router and explain the location and what will be between the router and the garden

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.
Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-signal-strength.1095521/
Relevancy 67.51%

Wirless is connected.... but no internet..

Hey, I've got a desktop pc with a wireless card.

The desktop wirless card is a Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter.

I've got full signal strength to my network, however I cannot get online. I'm able to get online with the laptop using the same network, just not the PC.

Any suggestions?

A:Signal Strength really weak

I've played with firewall settings, didnt change anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-strength-really-weak.136222/
Relevancy 67.51%

Ok, recently my computer and internet was working just fine until last night. MY computer just didnt connect. So i called dell and they just fixed it right now by going into my router settings and changing a few things like changing my security to WPA Personal from WAP Open. Before I was usually getting full bars with excellent and good signal strength, but now after I fixed my internet problem, my signal strength is at poor. I tried restarting the computer but it did not work. What should I do? How can I fix it? Also, I have 2 antennas from my wireless computer and they are both parallel from the floor.

A:Why is my signal strength poor?

Quote: Originally Posted by Tabobo

Ok, recently my computer and internet was working just fine until last night. MY computer just didnt connect. So i called dell and they just fixed it right now by going into my router settings and changing a few things like changing my security to WPA Personal from WAP Open. Before I was usually getting full bars with excellent and good signal strength, but now after I fixed my internet problem, my signal strength is at poor. I tried restarting the computer but it did not work. What should I do? How can I fix it? Also, I have 2 antennas from my wireless computer and they are both parallel from the floor.

We need to know info about how far, what router, etc. BTW antenna's should be vertical

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/87070-why-my-signal-strength-poor.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I work on an HP desktop that used to be able to connect to the wireless network. We moved offices and and I am unable to connect to the new wireless network.

The network used to appear but had no signal strength. Now the network does not even appear.

Am clueless as to how to proceed.

Any help would be appreciated!

Relevancy 67.51%

I am currently using wireless internet at home on my laptop and as usual, sometimes I get fast internet and sometimes slower than slow. I have been trying a few simple things to improve the speed, or at least have something reasonable when I'm on youtube. My question is, why is it when I have a great signal (80% - 100%) and a great flow rate (40% - 50%) I only have 0 - 23 kbps? Sometimes when I have a low signal and 0% flow rate, I have 200 - 300 kbps. Basically, I'm wondering why a great signal has nothing to do with the kbps that I receive and/or send out. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 67.51%

I ve got a ps on my room the room right above the router The distance between the router and the ps is about - feet but there s a concrete floor in between The signal on my ps is about most of the time but i wan t my downloads to get faster so i strength signal Increase should find some way the increase the strength of the signal right My router is a Linksys WRT N with Increase signal strength internal omni-antenna s But no socket on the back to plug in another antenna So how can i increase the strength I m not able to get an internet-cable up to my room so i need to get it all wireless Is there any easy AND CHEAP by cheap i mean something under euros dollars way to boost the signal-strength or get a repeater i m dumb when it comes to networking so something really easy to install would be appreciated Thanks in advance lt Moderator - edited the thread - this is a family friendly site so please avoid any abbreviations including between letters gt nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello everyone,

A couple weeks ago i got a wifi max so i could connect my wii to the internet and all this time i have been tryign to solve the limited or no connectivity probelm and i finally did but now my signal strength is 0 and i dont have any ideas how to get it higher so help would be appreciated

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi. Recently I've experienced weird connection issues without any obvious reason. I haven't installed anything in particular as of late, when I woke up one morning I suddenly just had 1 bar with my wireless connection. 1 day before that I reformated my PC though.

I have 2 signal amplifiers in my PC and this worked great the day before. I have a laptop right next to the PC which has full signal strength.

IPCONFIG

http://oi44.tinypic.com/rc20k6.jpg

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2j2tjr9.jpg
Thanks in advance, I really need to get this solved.
Edit: I can add that sometimes I get full strength for a few seconds.

A:Wireless Signal Strength: Only 1 bar?

Hi Detta,
Try different wireless channels and see whether the signal improves.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26947-wireless-signal-strength-only-1-bar.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 7658 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 595360 MB, Free - 527699 MB; D: Total - 14814 MB, Free - 1647 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 91 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 358B
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

I just got this new laptop because my screen went out on my older one. I have a netgear WNDR3700v1 which has always had perfect signal strength. My old laptop had Vista. If I move right next to the router it has great strength, but of course that defeats the purpose of a wireless router. Can you help me solve this problem?

Relevancy 66.65%

Hey I'm my wireless connection is a little sluggish, it usually says signal strength low. Anyone have any ideas on how to boost the connection?

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone..
Whenever my router is outside 1 meter radius, though the signal strength is good enough, I am unable to connect to the Internet. All other laptops and phones work fine with a lot lesser signal strength.. but my Laptop won't connect and it asks me to Troubleshoot!!!
I have a HP Compaq notebook with Win-7 Ultimate, the network driver is Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn.

I have been facing this issue for a looong time now and I have to put my router right next to my laptop to use the internet.

PLEASE help !

Thank you

A:Can't connect to internet when signal strength isn't 100%

i have seen network issues with non genuine windows
did the laptop come with Win-7 Ultimate

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-internet-when-signal-strength-isnt-100.1158551/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a netgear router that we got I signal 2 drops download whenever from to strength anything 5 free with sky a year or so ago about - weeks ago i moved the router upstairs using a phone line extension and I had signal strength drops from 5 to 2 whenever I download anything no problems at all for the first week or so this week whenever i download anything my signal drops from bars to but its fine all the rest of the time and its driving me mad because it takes ages to dowload anything and ages to load webpages my download speed was about KB s but when it drops it drops to signal strength drops from 5 to 2 whenever I download anything about KB s and if im trying to load a webpage at the same time it can drop to below Its happens the same for me whether my laptop is the only device connected or if my brothers computer and mums laptop is connected aswel their usage seems to have no effect iv tried turning router on and off again I dont know what more info u would need all i know is that the netgear is a year or old our internet is through sky and my laptop is of the hp presario v range oh n im not very tech savvy so you may have to be obvious i explanations otherwise ill be asking alot more questions about what u mean thankyou very much for any help idea nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

very very low signal range and wifi signL Strength is very weak even i sit close to router i try every thing but issue not resolve plz help i use window 8 pro

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-signal-range-and-strength/td-p/5785159
Relevancy 66.65%

I have bought New HP Probook 450 G3 with Windows 10 (64bit) operating systemits giving issue of wifi signal strenght. SIgnals are always low even i sit besides my WIFI modem but my other device getting full signal strength. please tell me how to solve this problem.Thanks in anticipation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/weak-signal-strength-windows-10/td-p/5760334
Relevancy 66.65%

Have W-7 x64 desktop computer that connects to the wireless router with a WirelessN PCIexpress adapter.
The icon used to show in the system tray showing the signal strength. It has now disappeared and is no longer in the 'Notification Are Icons'. I am sure I did something, but cannot figure out what
Any ideas how I can retrieve it?
Thanks in advance

A:No signal strength icon in sym tray

You can try resetting them,

Notification Area Icons - Reset

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/301616-no-signal-strength-icon-sym-tray.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Due to the phone wiring in our house we ve been forced to use wireless for our PC Our doorbell is connected low 2wire strength signal 2700HGE to the phonelines so a dedicated ADSL line was split to allow this by Telus our phone internet provider There is only a single line into our ground floor that is where the PC is amp it does not carry the ADSL One floor up through only wood amp Gyproc is the wire router 2wire 2700HGE low signal strength Of course when the tech first set things up the signal was good with mbps since then though we tend to have low or very low signal strength amp the connection is constanly being lost amp we are forced to reconnect I have 2wire 2700HGE low signal strength moved the router around into various spots but am limited by that area being the only ADSL line so I cannot move it closer I have had the occasional good or very good signal but usually does not last for long We have 2wire 2700HGE low signal strength Panasonic DECT phones running in the house Modem router is next to one of the handsets about feet away There is a metal filing cabinet about feet away phone base sits on this but it is not in line of site to the downstairs PC My options are limited so I am really hoping for a way to boost the signal strength as easily amp cheaply as possible without too much further moving of the modem router nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Folks, I have just purchased a new HP notebook with Vista. I use verizon Fios for my connection. My computer tells me that I have a "Good Connectivity" for my signal strength, Not Excellent. Is this a Vista problem....or a Verizon problem in that verizon has to "catch-up" to the technology of Vista. Thanks, Harold.

Relevancy 66.65%

I'm a WiFi novice trying to administer a WiFi network in a wooded campground. Needless to say, the trees and aluminum siding on the RV's create challenges getting usable signals to our campers.

The management console shows the signal strength each repeater/access point receives from every other repeater/access point. Typically a pair of units show similar signal strength between each other (with minor variation probably caused by slight differences in transmitter power and receiver sensitivity). However, sometimes certain linked units show widely different signal strength between each other. It is sometime different by a factor of 2 or 3, with the max strength unusually high and the min strength unusually low. The low signal obviously disrupts the performance of the system.

Would someone please tell me likely causes for these differences.

Thanks

FredVN

Relevancy 66.65%

I have recently moved to a new apartment where my wireless connection has been hell since moving in I have a desktop and a laptop and I have been having issues with the desktop mostly It has been having problems with terrible signal strength Sometimes it drops the connection altogether or will even drop the Internet connection even though it says it is still connected to the network But first let me start off with all the specs Desktop Wireless Card Belkin F D Wireless G Desktop Card Wired Card Intel Pro Disabled Operating System Windows XP Pro Laptop Wireless Card Intel Pro Wireless BG Wired Broadcom x Disabled Operating System Windows XP Pro Router Model Netgear WGR v Mbps b g Firmware V Settings WPA-PSK minute key lifetime Mac Filtering SSID Broadcast is on Using DHCP ISP Comcast High Speed First off at my old place this exact same setup worked without a hitch I never had any connection problems or any problems of any kind But since moving it has been really frustrating My desktop is in my bedroom which is approximately ft from the router which is just out in the living room on the same floor So I am not asking for it Signal Annoying Problem Strength to go very far When I first tested it out I noticed that the signal strength was always Low Low on Windows Zero Config Sometimes it might creep up to Good but sometimes even falls to Very Low Sometimes it simply just loses connection altogether and can t see any wireless access points at all I have many other access points around my apartment complex and they all have low signal strengths as well Now if I bring my laptop into the same room it has a very good connection and usually stays at Mbps Sometimes it dips down to Mbps but always stays at Very Good For the most part though the Laptop works fine in the bedroom I usually use the laptop in the living room very close to the router and it works perfectly there with no issues at all My roommates connection works fine on his two laptops from both his room about ft from the router and from the living room His girlfriend s laptop also works perfectly I have moved the desktop to the living room where it works just fine out there So Annoying Signal Strength Problem it looks like to me the only real computer having a problem is my desktop when it is in my bedroom where sadly it needs to be Annoying Signal Strength Problem So I began tinkering with some stuff I have an older desktop not setup right now that has a Linksys WMP G and I swapped it with the Belkin This brought out interesting results I would have to say that the Linksys was even worse It would also have a Low to Very Low connection but with that card I would drop to at times Mbps The Belkin card always stays at Mbps and never goes any lower regardless of signal strength The Linksys would fluctuate all over the place It would go from to to to and occasionally reach Mbps It also did the same thing with just complete loss of connection I would come home from work and it would just be completely disconnected having lost signal completely at some point This was with both Wireless Zero Config and Linksys software So it looks like both cards are having issues with this I have no idea what it is with my bedroom perhaps there is some kind of metal plate in here I am unaware of but it appears to be a wireless nightmare So next I installed NetStumbler to see if I can get some numbers regarding strength and noise I wasn t surprised by what I saw For the Signal I get on average - dBm with an SNR of dB which if I am understanding it correctly is very poor From my experiences with NetStumbler in the past any connection I had that was good was like - dBm So I assume the closer it gets to the better and the further away it gets the worse the connection is If I am reading this incorrectly please let me know as I am not entirely familiar with using NetStumbler Now If I move my laptop to the living room I get - dBm I have also moved the desktop to the living room where I get similar - dBm and... Read more

A:Annoying Signal Strength Problem

Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain™ WiFi Range Extending Products.

Some of the more interesting products are this Hawking [HSB2] Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster, which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power.

Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a some examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/annoying-signal-strength-problem.624636/
Relevancy 66.65%

I know its a common problem, but my situation is weird. I have 2 laptops hooked up in my house by the router. For the past week, the router has been losing strength so everyone has to come next to the router to be able to use the internet. It works so slow if they go to their room, when it used to work fine for over a year.
Ive reset my router.. Ive upgraded their firmware.. Ive turned it off and turned it back on. Nothing seems to fix this problem. Any solution for improved signal strength?

Edit: I have a Linksys Wireless-B BEFW11S4 Ver. 4
Thank You!!!!!

Relevancy 66.65%

I bought a new desktop pc with vista home premium. There's is only 1 room seperating my new pc and the router setup right here. I'm connected to the network on my new pc but I only get 2 out of 5 bars. All there is between them is like 20 ft and a wall. Why is it doing this? Is there a way that won't cost me money?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-internet-signal-strength-197603.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello once again, I have realized my network is acting a bit strange, I am using a Linksys BEFWW11S4 v4 Router, and a WMP54GX w/SRX adapter (has 3 antennas), they are right next to each other and im getting 100% signal all the time, when I use a lesser version adapter, the WMP54G v4 (one antenna) my signal drops to about 80-90% and my speeds go up a lot! Why is this?

It seems 100% gives lower speeds when 80-90% is a butter zone, any light on this would be great thanks.

Relevancy 66.65%

I router Best signal improve to strength way have a GamerLounge Wireless G Gaming Router from D-Link Best way to improve router signal strength http games dlink com products pid amp DGL- It worked great until I moved to a new apartment I moved into a duplex and my landlord has the house wired all Best way to improve router signal strength to be on the same cable network so that we wouldn t have to pay for the cable internet I put my router into his apartment which is on the second floor I receive the signal without a problem on the first floor but it is at bars and is definitely not as good as before I have laptops and pc all of which use wireless internet We have two computer rooms both are floor down and room over from where the router is At first I thought I should get something like a wireless high-gain USB adapter but was told I should get a wireless bridge and put in the room directly below the router I have done some research on this and have only gotten more and more confused I think that the terminology is the thing that is confusing me Different people call things differently I was told to get a D-Link wireless bridge as it would work better with my router and after I called the tech support at D-Link they told me that the correct term is an access point not wireless bridge And I was directed towards DWL- AP AirPlus Xtreme G http www dlink com products sec amp pid I decided to not buy it right away and do some more research and ended up getting even more confused Some places say I need to buy two access points Do they mean router and one access point calling a router an access point as well Or do I need one access point to receive and one to transmit I would think there would be a product that does both in What should I buy to solve my problem DWL- AP AirPlus Xtreme G nbsp

A:Best way to improve router signal strength

I do not like bridge products, preferring to improve the signal strength at the terminal points. Here are some representative products, other manufacturers have similar ones.

Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain™ WiFi Range Extending Products.

Some of the more interesting products are this Hawking [HSB2] Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster, which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power.

Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a couple of examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-way-to-improve-router-signal-strength.611025/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have configured my Belkin wireless card to static ip and dns like the working laptop I have going I can ping and it comes back success I can not however ping the router or the strength Ping excellent even Can't signal with out the laptop on the network I checked the network connections utility and IP is set up ok The windows screen shows packets sent and received There are green bars in signal strength indicator I can not browse or get any web action or email My question is this How can windows say all is well when I can t even do a basic Can't Ping out even with the signal strength excellent ping to the router I have a Hijack file for you i it helps I saw some interesting web and assorted items in the middle that look suspicious Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer Can't Ping out even with the signal strength excellent v SP Running processes Can't Ping out even with the signal strength excellent D WINDOWS System smss exe D WINDOWS system winlogon exe D WINDOWS system services exe D WINDOWS system lsass exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D WINDOWS Explorer EXE D WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe D Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe D WINDOWS System wuauclt exe D Documents and Settings Eric Entin Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - D WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run bcmwltry bcmwltry exe O - HKLM Run removecpl RemoveCpl exe O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot D Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD D Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch D Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort IndexSearch exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk D Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra button Related - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - D WINDOWS web related htm O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links - c fe - f d- d -a b- aa c a - D WINDOWS web related htm O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip F A - AC - DE- AB- BAD E NameServer nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

I am looking for a product that perhaps does not exist My wireless signal strength? increase company recently purchased for increase wireless signal strength? me a new Dell Latitude D running Windows XP with a built in Dell Wireless Cingular Mobile Broadband wireless connection AT amp T is our provider I love it and can pretty much be anywhere and still log in to the internet even when on the move The one exception is when I am sitting at my desk in my office I am located in the center of an concrete high rise and the signal is so weak that it comes in and out all day There are times when I can t get online for hours at a time Is there increase wireless signal strength? a product I can buy that will pull in the signal from outside to my work area and that my built in wireless antenna can then pick up easily I am imagining some sort of powerful but small stand alone antenna that can sit on my desk and enable me to have a strong connection Thanks for all your consideration and support Dr P nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi Everyone I was hoping to get some Issue Strength WiFi Signal advice on some WiFi issues I have been having in my flat I have recently switched from a BT fibre connection to a standard Sky broadband connection and since doing so have seen the WiFi signal strength drop throughout the flat It is a modern building WiFi Signal Strength Issue so the walls are not thick and the distance over which the WiFi signal is degrading is only about metres Prior to WiFi Signal Strength Issue switching providers the signal strength was fine and since switching there have been no modifications to the flat which may interfere with the signal WiFi Signal Strength Issue I am using the router provided by Sky model number is SR Having read some reviews online this router doesn t appear to be all that good in comparison to other ISP provided routers in terms of its wireless capabilities Things I have tried so far are Being in a flat there are lots of other WiFi networks nearby so I used a WiFi analyser Android app called WiFi Analyzer to determine which channel I should switch the router to this didn t seem to have much effect Tried moving the router from the master socket to another telephone socket in the flat I was unable to get an internet connection doing this Recognising that the BT router Homehub provided a better signal I have connected this to my Sky router via ethernet cable to act as a wireless access point I think that s what you d call it Unfortunately this has not had the desired effect I can connect wirelessly to the internet through the BT router but the signal strength isn t much better I was wondering if anyone could provide some advice on the following Would upgrading to fibre help with this issue My instinct is that it wouldn't as it is the WiFi signal which is weak rather than the broadband service being too slow Should I switch off the WiFi on the primary router Sky to reduce signal interference That way I d just have a signal from the secondary router old BT I have read about DD-WRT Would some of the additional features this firmware brings help E g overclocking The SR does not seem to permit the use of a secondary router to act as an extender Is there any way around this Should I stop being cheap and just buy a WiFi extender or look at powerline I quite like the idea of making use of my old router though I realise that the best solution may be to run an Ethernet cable from the primary router to the secondary router and relocate the secondary router to a more central location I d rather not run cables if I can avoid it though Any advice would be great Thanks

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/129899-wifi-signal-strength-issue.html