Windows Support Forum

Pendrive and wifi problem

Q: Pendrive and wifi problem

How can I get my pendrive to it's previous state just by formatting or anything else.

Do I need to update my drivers after os installation for getting wifi worked ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Pendrive and wifi problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Pendrive and wifi problem

armahee said:

How can I get my pendrive to it's previous state just by formatting or anything else.Click to expand...

Not sure I follow you. When you format the USB drive it will be blanked.

armahee said:

Do I need to update my drivers after os installation for getting wifi worked ?Click to expand...

You will need to install the drivers for your Netbook after so the wifi will work, yes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pendrive-and-wifi-problem.213757/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello Sevenforums,

HARDWARE- I have Win 7,Home Premium,64bit,Dell Inspiron 15R N5010, Netgear DGN2200v3 wifi router+ADSL modem with USB port supporting various printers,drives & portable harddisc,1mbps broadband net connection.
SOFTWARE-utorrent 3.3

I want to save my torrent download data directly into pen drive/hard disc connected to usb port of wifi router without keeping my laptop on to monitor the downloads(without running utorrent software).
Please help me on this possibility, so that after programming this plan I can switch off my laptop and utorrent continues its download into pen drive/hard disc connected to usb port of wifi-router. Is it practically possible? I googled on this topic but didn't found any post or source on this matter.
Please reply with solution to fulfill this need.

Thank you.

A:Want to download torrent direct into wifi-router's usb port-pendrive.

Although it may be possible to access the Pen drive from outside your system dependent on opening the correct ports etc, torrents would require a program running in the router to do what you require, apart from utilising a PC as a router, you need the torrent software on your laptop to control the torrent download

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/280973-want-download-torrent-direct-into-wifi-routers-usb-port-pendrive.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i everyone,i bought a pendrive 4gb a week ago n now it isn't working.
'the disk needs to be formatted' apperars upon inserting it n 'windows cannot complete formatting' appears wen i try to format it. i cannot open or explore the pendrive. it also shows zero capacity. i'm using vista home premium, RAM: 4gb and HDD: 250 gb. plz help.

Relevancy 51.6%

I was having a problem with my windows laptop, I have a pendrive that I want to install Ubuntu with I already installed all the files to it but when I boot up the laptop it loads windows any help?
Also it is not a problem with the pendrive I tried it on another laptop and the installation booted properly

A:Pendrive Problem

Boot into Setup (Bios) and set the First Boot Device to be USB/Key

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pendrive-problem-583084.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i have a verbatim 2GB store n Go USB pendrive. the problem is i can't accsess my work as the USB slots both at college and on my laptlop won't read my USB pendrive.

hoe can i go about sorting this problem out as i need my work back ASAP

A:USB pendrive problem

hum; sad to say, it may all be lost. XP has not been kind to USB Flash drives.
The typical user error is to unplug the device without using the Safe To Remove
feature OR its brother right-click-->menu-->Eject

ALL USB Flash devices are formated FAT32 so you might try mounting it on
some other kind of system (Mac / Linux)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-pendrive-problem.88937/
Relevancy 51.6%

my pendrive was working in a verry good conditin with good transfrer rate,but suddenly it is not getting detected ,but other pendrives are getting detected in my system.is there anything we can do about pendrive

A:pendrive problem

Have you tried it in another computer? If it doesn't work on multiple computers then its failed and simply needs to be replaced.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pendrive-problem.1075231/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am using moserbaer pen drive (4GB) . When i plug it into my USB port, I get the icon of it in system tray but i could not see my pen drive icon in the explorer window.

Not only with pen drive even with the card reader the same problem( i could not see the contents of the memory card)
Please help me.

Relevancy 51.6%

sir,
i have a problem with my pendrive.
when i'm going to disk manag here it shows the unallocated space of my pendrive at that time what i do please help me.

A:problem with pendrive

Hi. . .

You can either create a partition and format giving you two partitons or re-format the pen drive in NTFS format. Right click on the area in the disk management box for options.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-pendrive-287065.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello

Today, i bought myself a 512mb pendrive, i wanted to use it, windows recognized it as a removable drive without any problems, so i drag-n-dropped a file onto the drive window, but it froze at 30 percent

Ive tried rebooting but no change, the files were still freezing at 20-50 percent

Ive tried to disconnect, and then connect my pendrive, but this also didnt work

I went to a friend of mine to see if this is because of a badly manufactured pendrive, but at his place everything seems to work out ok

Now, im quite a newb to computers, so if you guys could hook me up with any solutions do this, id be very thankful

My system is winxp sp1

A:Pendrive problem

first i would say, get sp2 and all the updates, and you'r sure you have no bugs, i would try to copy one file using xp right click. can't get much in 512mb.but clean temps. defrag, run chkdisk, unplug it, restart, nothing else running, try again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pendrive-problem.353489/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello There,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L300-11F laptop, using XP Professional w/ SP3 on it.
It comes with 3 USB ports.
I have an older 1GB pendrive and just recently purchased a Maxell 16GB pendrive.
The pendrive works flawless at work, desktop pc but does not seem to work with the laptop.

I managed to use it only once, since then the laptop USB port simply does not recognize it.
I can tell it as the red led is not flashing and the pendrive can not be accessed.
I tried using the supplied Toshiba USB hub, no luck either

The 2 USB ports are ok as I use mouse, digital camera with it.
So is the 16GB pendrive, it works perfectly using other machines eg desktop pcs

Am I missing some USB drivers or whats the problem ?
Please help as I need to be able to use the unit on the laptop too.

Thank you!

blaze

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/16gb-pendrive-problem-on-xp.800394/
Relevancy 51.17%

I Have Kingston 8Gb Usb 2.0 pendrive,for which actual capacity is 7.45 Gb.

I used my pendrive to record videocon D2H HD Recorder.STB formatted pendrive before used.Also no recordings are done.
But after inserting it in my laptop,windows is showing its capacity as 145Mb after initial formatting.Reformatting the drive dosent solved the issue.Can anyone please help?

A:Problem with Kingston 8GB Usb pendrive

Are you confident that you have a genuine 8gb unit, have you ever filled it with data ?
There are lots of fake/counterfeit units running around on ebay etc that are engineered to look like they have a larger capacity than they actually do

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355857-problem-kingston-8gb-usb-pendrive.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I`ve got a problem with Kingston 8Gb pendrive. I plug it in at home (Windows 7) and it works fine. When I plug it in at work (W7 as well), I cannot copy some files. From what I see it stucks at 1.5Gb and when I try to copy more files (regardless of file size) it says that the device is full. Any ideas?

A:kingston pendrive problem

Try to format it as NTFS and use it like that instead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/42355-kingston-pendrive-problem.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hi there guys,, i have this pendrive that has my acer aspire one's recovery thing, that i made some time ago,,

i just wanted to know how i can reformat my pendrive, because i need the pendrive to transfer some files,, by the way my pendrive is an HP 2gb usb stick,, hope you can assist me,, thank you in advance,, (",).")

A:Solved: usb pendrive problem

Plug it into the computer then right click its icon > Format. Enter your desired format and options then press okay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-usb-pendrive-problem.743852/
Relevancy 50.31%

hello tech guys

when i try to copy an ISO file(6.70GB) from PC to a pen drive (16GB) it says :The file is too large for the destination file system.I don't know what is this.please help me.
thank you.

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello There,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L300-11F laptop. It comes with 3 USB ports.
I have an older 1GB pendrive and just recently purchased a Maxell 16GB pendrive.
The pendrive works flawless at work, desktop pc but does not seem to work with the laptop.

I managed to use it only once, since then the laptop USB port simply does not recognize it.
I can tell it as the red led is not flashing and the pendrive can not be accessed.
I tried using the supplied Toshiba USB hub, no luck either

The 2 USB ports are ok as I use mouse, digital camera with it.
So is the 16GB pendrive, it works perfectly using other machines eg desktop pcs

Am I missing some USB drivers or whats the problem ?
Please help as I need to be able to use the unit on the laptop too.

Thank you!

blaze

A:Maxell 16GB pendrive problem : HELP PLS !

I'm doubting its drivers but you said something I want a little more information on.

supplied Toshiba USB hubClick to expand...

Was this a powered Toshiba usb hub or unpowered?

If unpowered do you have access to a powered one?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/maxell-16gb-pendrive-problem-help-pls.800393/
Relevancy 50.31%

HI There is a solution for Pendrive not detecting or usb drive not visible in My computer and device manager Recently I had a problem with Sandisk Cruzer Micro gb pendrive When I inserted the pen drive the system is detecting but it is not visible in Windoes explorer and device manager But it is working in other computers So it is not damaged or virus problem Solution for not visible pendrive infected If you Open Disk management there you will find your pendrive without any drive letter Here the problem is not with the pendrive it is with the system To resolve this Solution for pendrive not visible problem I tried in many ways and installed driver detecting softwares but there is no use Finally I succeeded in the following method The problem occured because unexpectedly the drive was un-mounted To solve you should have Administrator privilages on your local system Later go to Local security policy select Local policies in that select Audit policy and select Audit object access and check Success and apply From RUN type diskpart and right click on it and select Run as Administrator At the DISKPART prompt type automount press enter next type recover press enter next type rescan press enter and exit In Device manager under storage devices find your device not recognized and uninstall it Unplug the device and plug it again then the driver automatically installs and it is mounted to your computer You will get the autoplay window Thats it Solution for pendrive not visible problem nbsp

A:Solution for pendrive not visible problem

This is the only and unique one that was worked!!!n awsome!!
how did u found it???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solution-for-pendrive-not-visible-problem.169381/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello there,

I'm having problems with my pendrive and windows7.

When I connect it, it is allright. I can read it, view all files, copy them from pendrive to HDD, delete them, etc.

The problem occurs when I try to write some file. Windows start to copy it but in the middle of the transfer it crashes and says me that my Pendrive is no longer connected. I have to disconnect my device and reconnect it to get it "work" again.

I read a lot of threads about this issue but I can't solved it. Please I need help.

I'm using Windows 7 RC Build 7100 on my HP TX2 1020us. I don't know what drivers could help.

Thanks in advance

A:Usb flash drive or pendrive problem

Quote: Originally Posted by VictorV

Hello there,

I'm having problems with my pendrive and windows7.

When I connect it, it is allright. I can read it, view all files, copy them from pendrive to HDD, delete them, etc.

The problem occurs when I try to write some file. Windows start to copy it but in the middle of the transfer it crashes and says me that my Pendrive is no longer connected. I have to disconnect my device and reconnect it to get it "work" again.

I read a lot of threads about this issue but I can't solved it. Please I need help.

I'm using Windows 7 RC Build 7100 on my HP TX2 1020us. I don't know what drivers could help.

Thanks in advance

Hi Victor,

Can you try it in another PC?

Try checking the drive for errors

Try formatting the Drive

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/8315-usb-flash-drive-pendrive-problem.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi!
First of all my English is not perfect and I'm new here. The problem is with my friends notebook. Her laptop got infected probably from pendrive. She only has MBAM and sent me 2 screens what could it be. When she plugs other pendrive the only thing she can see is shortcut, and sometimes when she plug pendrive (not always) MBAM show info about virus/infection.

A:Problem with pendrive, Gamarue infection?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer Win32/Gamarue is a worm that spreads via emails and flash drives. You will need an antivirus to detect it - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is not meant to be used against worms.Due to the nature of this infection, I must warn you of the following...Looking through your logs I noticed that your machine is infected with a backdoor Trojan.They allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please change all your passwords on a known clean and secure machine, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.Though the trojan has been identified and can be removed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?When Should I Format, How Should I ReinstallWe can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.Regards,Alex

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579132/problem-with-pendrive-gamarue-infection/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi whenever i try to open my external hard disk n pendrive i get this error : Can not find script file "G:\autorun.vbs". But ONLY with my USB all my local drivers working perfect. I probably deleted the file with avg which detected it as a trojan. i need some help.... Any help appreciated!!!!

Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I had a problem with my Windows 7 laptop. It starts when I trying copying some stuff from my netbook to the my Windows 7 laptop via pendrive. I cannot click directly because it shows:

F:\
Application not found.

The popup above didn't come if the pendrive doesn't have any stuff. Beside that, the files that copied from pendrive can be corrupted. I had formatted my pendrive many times but the issue still exist.

Please help.........

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-copying-files-from-external-drive-pendrive-679116.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently updated my Inspiron 14" 5459 to the Windows 10 anniversary update, i noticed that when my wifi access point changes or wifi signal drops or turning off wifi, my laptop semi-freezes, you could still scroll with the mouse or track pad and select open tabs but that's all, clicking other icons and even the windows start menu does not work, if you wait for more than 5 minutes, everything goes back to normal. Waiting around for about 5 minutes is annoying so what I do is press ctrl alt delete and from there restart the laptop. my wifi adapter is updated to the most recent version and also both graphics card (intel hd 520 and amd radeon m335) is also updated to the latest version.  Any suggestion on how to resolve this issue?

A:after Windows 10 anniversary update, Inspiron 5459 freezes if wifi is turned off or wifi access point is changed, is there a solution to this problem?

Please confirm the wireless card from the device manger or the network control panel. Also please update the BIOS firmware to the latest version. The BIOS update should ideally be version v1.2.2. Also please try system out with  a LAN cable as well to confirm if is indeed caused by the wireless. Though this may not run a complete diagnostics on the network you can run a hardware diagnostics on the computer using the following steps

Shutdown the computer
Hold the 'Fn' key and turn on the computer
Let go of the 'Fn' key after 2 seconds

This is will initiate the H/w diagnostics. Please let us know if it completes or if  you run into any errors. If  you do run into any errors. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988325
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi All,

Win8:
I have two wifi APs in the home and I have it all set up so that one is the Internet by cell phone tether and the other is the cabled network via the router wifi.

Works just fine - except.

On wifi 1, Internet I have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does.

On wifi 2, Network I also have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does NOT do. I have to go in and connect manually even though the "Connect automatically" is checked.

It seems win8 sees "Connect automatically"and does it but then stops checking other connections. Probably a "feature."

Is there some way to force both "Connect automatically" to happen?

Thanks

A:Wifi Auto-Connect to two-wifi APs, problem

There is a group policy setting for this, but even if both are connected you will only be using one of those connections at a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45509-wifi-auto-connect-two-wifi-aps-problem.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi.just a little wifi problem.my laptop can not find my wifi connection,but my phone and other laptop can.i have no idea what is the problem.please help,thanks in advance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-problem-can-not-connect-my-wifi-4605910/
Relevancy 39.56%

how can i install xp on my usb pendrive?

Relevancy 39.56%

My pendrive have virus.. if pendrive have virus can it be format away those virus? thank for help.

A:About pendrive

Yes, you can format it, but you should check with the manufacturer to see if they have any recommendations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-pendrive.693125/
Relevancy 39.56%

dear

i want to play movies on my LG lcd TV through Pen Drive.

plz guide me or give me software for that

thanking u

A:use pendrive on lcd

Hi,

Have you checked your tv manufacturer's website to see if your tv can play movies from just a usb flash drive as most lcd tv's don't do that if this is what you mean. The usb slot on a TV is there mainly for updates for itself, although having said that there is a few that will let you play a slideshow of pictures from it.

Have a look online at LG's website typing in your tv's make model/serial number, it will definitely tell you.

Steve

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/use-pendrive-on-lcd-626159.html
Relevancy 39.56%

while am formatting...this error is showing"windows is unable to complete the format".
how can i format it?please post the answer

A:Pendrive

Select Quick Format and format it to FAT32.

Try various other options one by one if the above does not work, like NTFS, exFAT etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/191520-pendrive.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Dear Friends
This issue may be repeated, and may occur to any of us
I have a USB flash drive, of 8GB
it worked fine for months,
but unfortunately, it is not working any more!
If inserted, the computer recognizes it as a flash drive, and places it in the "Safely Remove Hardware",
but if we tried to open it, it says "Insert disk in drive..."
I saw it's properties it says: Rmovable disk>>> Size 0MB !!!
where the media gone?
I tried to format it says "no disk in drive..."
I tried to fix using HP recovery, and other utilities, but it insists on, "No disk in drive"

Is there is something to do?
Please help...

A:USB pendrive 8GB=0MB

This can happen when the drive is not removed properly.
Plug in the drive,then go to "my computer".
Right click the drive and click eject.
Remove the drive and restart the computer.
Try the drive again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-pendrive-8gb-0mb.834113/
Relevancy 39.56%

My USB pendrive is not being detected. I tryed on 3 differents computers, every time the Windows install the pendrive but I can't see it nowhere, not even in disk management in computer management.
Can anyone help?

A:How to fix my USB pendrive?

Time for a new pendrive I'm afraid... The don't last forever

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-my-usb-pendrive.187794/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi!
I am Fakir Mohan Panda ,i want to know that how i can install windows xp in a transcend 4GB jet flash drive (pendrive )which is available in market ,please give me a solution for this.
thank you.

A:how to install xp in a pendrive

Hi, welcome to TSF.

You can't. Apart from anything else, you'll need more space.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-install-xp-in-a-pendrive-282180.html
Relevancy 39.13%

At Snapfiles

http://www.snapfiles.com/features/ed_usb_software.html

Relevancy 39.13%

When I tried to format my pendrive is not working ,it is also showing in hidden.Help to access to my files.

A:My pendrive is not functioning

Welcome to eightforums,try the free version of EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard - EaseUS Data Recovery Software to Recover Lost Files Back ,should recover at least a Giga of your data.
Always back up and dont forget to back up!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/50431-my-pendrive-not-functioning.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi

I have 10 GB files in my pendrive but I am not able to see it those files are invisible. I change the folder option but still those aare invisible how can I get my files back . Can any one please help me to get my files back?

Regards
Binoy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-files-from-pendrive.1135487/
Relevancy 39.13%

I copied a file from my friend's laptop..
And after i copied i saw that he had a virus called username.exe and it created a "keshav.exe" in every folder of his laptop...
each is a un-openable, un-deletable, exe file of 178 kb...
Now its in my pendrive...
How can i get rid of it in my pendrive and his laptop...
Formatting the pendrive doesn't work...

Luckily i din put it in my PC so its still safe..
But there is an important file i want to copy from the pendrive..
Pls help...
Thanks in advance...

A:Help...USERNAME.exe in my pendrive..

The General Security forum is only for general questions regarding security software and things of that nature but not for actually removing malware as we have qualified helpers who are the only members who are authorized to assist with those matters. You can easily identify them as they have either a gold or blue shield beside their usernames. Please refer to this excerpt from the rules:

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

Log Analysis/Malware Removal - In order to ensure that advice given to users is consistent and of the highest quality, those who wish to assist with security related matters must first graduate from one of the malware boot camp training universities or be approved by the administration as already being qualified. Those authorized to help with malware issues have a gold shield next to their name and authorized malware removal trainees have a blue shield next to their names. If you'd like to participate in a training program, please contact a Moderator or see this article.Click to expand...

I'm going to close this thread and ask you to repost in the Malware Removal & HijackThis Logs forum for the proper assistance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-username-exe-in-my-pendrive.870741/
Relevancy 39.13%

I had got a friend's pendrive and double clicked it to open All of a sudden my antivirus Kaspersky got disabled and my pc crashed After restarting I got the following as my XP sp opened A window appears with the title quot Can't run bit windows program quot Within the window it states quot Insufficient memory to run pendrive virus this application Quit pendrive virus one or more windows applications and then try again quot Then I could not run any system exe files like command prompt msconfig etc nor did my antivirus work it was still disabled I couldn't open my web browser google chrome pendrive virus or firefox I am currently using IE Then the weirdest thing happened I installed a game after all this happened and it worked quite fine but as soon as I inserted my XP cd to format my system could not detect it Even when I inserted my Kaspersky disc it did not detect the disk but any other disc is easily read without any trouble Both XP and Kaspersky discs are otiginal and I am stcuk Please help

A:pendrive virus

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/pendrive-virus-507890.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I had purchased a Transcend Jet Flash 700 USB 3.0 16 GB Pendrive from Flipkart in mid September 2011. The pendrive is not even a year old.

Yesterday I inserted my pendrive in a friend's laptop to transfer files of around 1.5GB. The pendrive had more than 10GB free space. 70-80% of the transfer was done but then his laptop's battery drained off and the laptop obviously got shut down. Since then, whenever I insert my pendrive in any device the blue light on it blinks for around 10 seconds and then the light turns off too. The pendrive is not detected.

I have tried reading the pendrive on my friend's laptop, on my laptop and my tablet too. On each device, the pendrive's light blinks for about 10 seconds but nothing happens.

Please help, is there any way by which I can fix it?

A:Pendrive not being detected - Please help

Do you get any error message?

Does the pendrive show up in Disk Management? If so a screenshot will be helpul to give a trageted solution hopefully.

That said, if you do not have any data that you may want to recover, you may try Jetflash Online recovery

JetFlash Online Recovery

Keep us posted. Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/227462-pendrive-not-being-detected-please-help.html
Relevancy 39.13%

i formatted my pendrive with Innostor Mp Tool and then it changed to Innostor NAND Flash Drive.Now i cant access it,format it nor create a partition.i tried many softwares but none helped.The VID is 1F75  and PID is 0916.please help!!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-Pendrive-unaccessible/td-p/5797126
Relevancy 39.13%

my DVD drive is not detecting any cd/dvd.So I want to install XP sp2 from pendrive, please tell me the procedure for this.

A:to install XP sp2 with pendrive

Hi durgesh_mmm and welcome to TSF !

Make sure you changed the boot order priority to CD-rom first in the BIOS.

If the DVD/CD drive is really dead then the easiest solution would be to replace it or borrow a friend's for the time of the installation. If this is a laptop you can use an external DVD drive (if the laptop doesn't support booting from an USB device you won't be able to use another method anyway).

What's the brand and model of your computer or of your motherboard ? You'll need to make your USB drive bootable, have a motherboard that supports booting from USB devices and edit several files because XP isn't designed to be installed from an USB drive.

Check this thread :
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f149...es-163106.html

If you use the tutorial at ngine.de they have a dedicated support forum.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/to-install-xp-sp2-with-pendrive-290418.html
Relevancy 39.13%

hi i am using an acer aspire4736 model laptop.unknowingly i have cleared registryfiles with tuneup software.From then my system is not loading o.s.just it is showing boot options then a blank screen is appearing and again boot options like that.and i tried to boot it from pendrive but it is showing the option to boot from pendrive but i was unable to boot.then i tried with a DVD then it is not showing any option to boot from a DVD.please help me.

A:boot from pendrive

rams395 said:

hi i am using an acer aspire4736 model laptop.unknowingly i have cleared registryfiles with tuneup software.From then my system is not loading o.s.just it is showing boot options then a blank screen is appearing and again boot options like that.and i tried to boot it from pendrive but it is showing the option to boot from pendrive but i was unable to boot.then i tried with a DVD then it is not showing any option to boot from a DVD.please help me.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-from-pendrive.1094882/
Relevancy 39.13%

hi...
i have develop software and tu atech pendrive to get pendrive history...

but get history a above 1 month.

A:Pendrive Atech log

Do you have a question? Or are you promoting your software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pendrive-atech-log-748977.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Pendrive is not showing when plugged in the computer. But it is showing in the device manager.

I have tried uninstalling the drivers from device manager and reinstalled by just plugging the pendrive to the laptop again. And also checked for updates but it says the driver is up to date.

I have uploaded the Images just in case needed.

A:Pendrive Not Showing

http://www.drivers.com/update/drive...error-code-10-what-is-it-and-how-do-i-fix-it/

Ignore the info regarding registry cleaning

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pendrive-not-showing.1162850/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,

Can u help me to create bootable usb Pendrive to install after windows? please give tutorial for it.

thanks in advanced.

A:bootable Pendrive

USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/292542-bootable-pendrive.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hii Everyone,

I have a problem in my laptop, whenever I insert a pendrive in my lappy it creates a shortcut of that USB and the files don't open.
If I open the shortcut and then put my file in it , the file opens, It is affecting my lappy as well as other's. Some of my friends laptop has got affected because of this issue and some pendrive have stopped working. It gets write protected and also got .dll error.
Please suggest me something as soon as possible. I would be greatful to you people.

A:Pendrive having shortcut

Hello and Welcome.

This pen drive seems like it may be infected. You might want to think about formatting it, and stop spreading what might be on it.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Spyware 1st Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/pendrive-having-shortcut-1014250.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I was formatting my pendrive and msg came windows unable to format and now my pendrive is not shown by any computer nor in disk management not in device manager wat to do its 16 gb v215b model.it is not detected by computer...pls help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pendrive-not-displaying-anywhere-in-any-pc-wat-to-do/td-p/5757796
Relevancy 39.13%

Help...USERNAME.exe in my pendrive..

I copied a file from my friend's laptop..
And after i copied i saw that he had a virus called username.exe and it created a "keshav.exe" in every folder of his laptop...
each is a un-openable, un-deletable, exe file of 178 kb...
Now its in my pendrive...
How can i get rid of it in my pendrive and his laptop...
Formatting the pendrive doesn't work...

Luckily i din put it in my PC so its still safe..
But there is an important file i want to copy from the pendrive..
Pls help...
Thanks in advance...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-username-exe-in-my-pendrive.870744/
Relevancy 39.13%

I was going to recommend the YUMI multiboot creator from pendrives. I know a number of people here use it but this what Norton thinks.

Web of Trust (WOT) also rate the security of the pendrive site as poor.

A:Pendrive site

No problems were found by a Virustotal scan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/391519-pendrive-site.html
Relevancy 39.13%

i can't format or copy any data into my pendrive
It shows that Pendrive is write protected..!!
please do help...

A:pendrive not able to format...!!

Worst case: Your pen drive is dead. A pen drive that has gone through thousands of Read/ Write cycles can die a natural death when its flash controller decides that it had had its full run and it is no longer safe to write any data on it.(simple non-technical explanation. )

Since you have not given any details about the pen drive in question like the model/make/capacity, for how long you have been using it, whether it is still under warranty, whether other pen drives works normally on your computer,whether you had tried this pen drive on another computer and with what results, and if it shows in the Windows Disk Management how does it appear (is it RAW) etc., etc., it is not possible to give any specific suggestion to deal with that problem.

So here you go on a round-trip.

How To Fix Write Protection Errors On a USB Stick

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/300335-pendrive-not-able-format.html
Relevancy 39.13%

When I click on the pendrive icon by clicking on My Computer, it leads to My Documents instead. Pendrive can be opened only by getting exploded view from Folders.

When I try to go to c:\ prompt, it switches back to window. I am sure it is caused by virus.

Please help how to take care of it

Thanks

A:Pendrive and virus

Hi, welcome to TSF!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pendrive-and-virus-337270.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello mate here,

I have such problem in the my job, one PC does not recognizes usb pendrives, i re-install windows, all .inf files are in system folder but when i connect usb pendrive computer does not recognizes, pop ups error from the right low side of monitor.

what is a problem? please help me . thanks in advanced.

have a nice day.

A:PC not recognizes any USB pendrive

See if the suggestions here help, especially Post#5

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293954-pc-not-recognizes-any-usb-pendrive.html
Relevancy 39.13%

In all computer my pendrive have some promblem.I connect pendrive in my computer It have some message.The message is see below and driver didnot instal.what can i do. pls help

Relevancy 39.13%

just got myself a 16GB Kingston Drive and what i want to do is put 2 or more bootable images on there create my own boot menu so i can choose what to use when i need it

saves carrying a bunch of CD's

e.g.
1 x windows 7 ultimate install
1 x windows 7 basic install
1 x Hiren's boot CD

i take it, its possible just unsure how to proceed.

something like yumi..... http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-mu...t-usb-creator/

A:2 bootable ISO's on 1 pendrive

Yumi works very well but I think you may have problems with two Windows Install ISOs. There is a specific mention of that in the documentation. I don't have any install ISOs but I have a WinRE repair ISO, A Macrium Boot ISO, Puppy Linux, Memtest86 and the Hirens CD on mine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/178797-2-bootable-isos-1-pendrive.html
Relevancy 39.13%

My pen drive can't be detected in any computer.
when plug in to pc shows, 'USB Device Not Recognized' and ' One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, Windows does not recognize it'. When i check in device manager it shows 'Unknown Device'. Please help me coz got some important data inside. Dont have back up too. Ur help is highly appreciated. thank u.

A:Pendrive does not work in USB

welcome to TSG - I have moved you post into a thread of its own,
please do not put your questions in other peoples posts

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pendrive-does-not-work-in-usb.873011/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have few PNY USB Pen drives, which were recognized and read properly earlier. My XP operating system had a virus problem and I had to re-format and re-install again. Since then the system does not detect th PNY USB Pen Drives. It detects and reads other pen drives such as JetFlash. I have checked the PNY Pen drives on other computers, and they work just fine.
Anybody can give me some solution to this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pny-usb-pendrive-not-detected-346994.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hii Everyone,

I have a problem in my laptop, whenever I insert a pendrive in my lappy it creates a shortcut of that USB and the files don't open.
If I open the shortcut and then put my file in it , the file opens, It is affecting my lappy as well as other's. Some of my friends laptop has got affected because of this issue and some pendrive have stopped working. It gets write protected and also got .dll error.
Please suggest me something as soon as possible. I would be greatful to you people. 

A:Pendrive having shortcut

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download and Run FlashDisinfectorYou may have a flash drive infection. These worms travel through your portable drives. If they have been connected to other machines, they may now be infected.Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.Note: Some security programs will flag Flash_Disinfector as being some sort of malware, you can safely ignore these warningsThe utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.Reboot your computer when done.Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder. It will help protect your drives from future infection.===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===How is the computer running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580349/pendrive-having-shortcut/
Relevancy 39.13%

Sir, I have 4gb kingston pendrive. I want to partition it into three parts(three drives)
Is it possible if yes plz tell me how

A:Partition of pendrive

1) Windows will not let you create or see multiple partitions on removable media. But you can do it with linux. See this page.

[SOLVED] Making multiple partitions on USB memory stick

2) Another approach is to try and turn your USB drive into a fixed disk by ‘flipping’ the removable bit in the firmware. This is the digital flag that tells Windows whether the drive is ‘fixed’ or ‘removable’. You can do this using the Lexar BootIt utility.

LEXAR JUMPDRIVE USB FORMAT TOOL - The CD Forum

Lexar tool makes creating bootable USB flash drives easy

Create separate partitions on your Corsair USB flash drive « Corsair? Blog

Let me add that the Lexar utility may or may not work on your particular drive, so use at your own risk.

3) The safest option is to buy a few cheap, low capacity drives and use them for individual purposes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/112107-partition-pendrive.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Recently i have bought a Sony MICROVAULT USM8GR USB Flash Drive.After buying i plugged it in the usb port. the Usb driver installed correctly. But when i opened My Computer,the drive was nowhere to be seen. I opened Disk management,but it shows that the drive is not loated.i rebooted the computer,uninstalled the universal serial ports, installed driver....but no result....plzz help!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pendrive-not-working.1156622/
Relevancy 39.13%

need help to solve my pendrive...
cannot format

showing "NO Media"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386822-usb-pendrive-no-miedia.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Good day.
Been using True Crypt on my desktop and its working fine,I have several important medical info stored in the True crypt file.And I also have a backup of the files.
Now what I'm looking for is for some easy explanation on getting True crypt to work on my 8GB pen drive,Would that be possible on an 8GB drive or would I need a larger one,The files that I have saved on the desktop are in PDF format so maybe the 8GB would be okay?
Now is it straight forward for me to get this software on to my pen drive which a backup of the files in question are on it.
Looking for a straight forward method,Do I leave the pen drive in the FAT format or would it have to be changed?
Many Thanks In Advance.

A:Using TrueCrypt on a pendrive

See this:
Encrypting a USB drive using TrueCrypt (Windows users)

Note: I have not done this. Read the article and you know as much as I do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/321079-using-truecrypt-pendrive.html
Relevancy 39.13%

i recently bought a 8Gb pendrive and i faced a problem in detecting it....after a few month using it i found that the pendrive couldn't be detected by a PC or laptop...i was wondering what is the problem and if anyone could help me to solve this i would be very thankful...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pendrive-cant-detect.976171/
Relevancy 39.13%

Is it possible to install XP onto a USB pendrive and boot it from there If it is possible how to do it Also does it have any drawbacks disadvantages I think I read somewhere that flash drives have a maximum lifetime which is USB Install pendrive? XP onto measured in write operations performed on them If the number of write operations Install XP onto USB pendrive? exceed this number the flash drive will eventually get unreliable And given that Windows is using the pagefile Install XP onto USB pendrive? almost constantly it will ruin a flash drive in a few hours Can any expert confirm this Thanks Jimmy PS A little background for those interested I want this because I want to separate my internet banking operations from all the rest I do with my computer So I need a second system which is securely away when I work or surf or play and which therefore is inaccessible for any possible attacks originating from viruses or hackers So a nd partition won t do because it s part of the system all the time I don t like the idea of always changing hard drives whenever I want to do banking Install XP onto USB pendrive? so I need an external source for booting the OS USB pendrives came to mind nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

My Hp 32gb hp pendrive not geting detected by ANY pc at all.
I googled my problem but my problem is either unique or pendrive is damaged.

here is some screen shots to rest my case.
Device manager detects it.
diskpart or disk management does not.

but it does shows in devies list.

CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380838-my-hp-pendrive-not-getting-detected.html
Relevancy 39.13%

My V220w 8GB pendrive is become readonly.I dont want to format it as the data is too important to me. I have tried running the command "Attribute disk clear readonly". But Current Read-only status is not changing.Kindly help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pendrive-issue/td-p/5704411
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,I was fomat my laptop after that it was not detecting any pendrive so what can I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pendrive-not-detected/td-p/5636610
Relevancy 39.13%

error in IOCT call.... what is this? how can i recover my removable drive.
i am unable to format it. i tried it in command promot too.but no hpe..

A:formatting my pendrive

does there any site that can scan&remove virus from removable disc incase my system is all ready affected by virus.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/formatting-my-pendrive.893955/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all,

This seems like a fairly standard message - but I just can't figure it out?!

When I plug the pendrive in I can't 'see' it in my computer.

Someone has said it may be to do with the fact that I'm at work and have some network drives mapped. I've been into 'Control Panel' and then 'Admin Tools' and then 'Computer Management' and then 'Disk Management' - and then I can 'see' the pendrive is connected.

It seems to be automatically mapped to 'E:' - but then when I go back to 'My Computer' 'E:' isn't one of the drive letters being shown?!

Help please!!

Thanks - James.

A:Sony USB 2.0 Pendrive

The E: drive is probably one of your network drives. Are you sure it is not listed in My Computer. Network drives' letters are displayed in the end of the drives description.

Just change the USB pen's drive letter in Disk Managment to something that is definently not used.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-usb-2-0-pendrive.13139/
Relevancy 39.13%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

i open my pendrive!! it cant open n come out a box n say
"the file does not hv a program to associated with it for performing this action.Create an association in Folder Options control panel"

A:cannot open pendrive at cybercafe

Hello
Can you be more specific?

You cannot see the contents of the drive?
You cannot open a specific file?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-open-pendrive-at-cybercafe-384527.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hai, Thanks for all who is going to help,  My latestly purchased 32 Gb v220w Metalbody USB Pendrive not working on any systems. device manager usb mass storage device can not start and error code is 10. so i confirmed that The drive is damaged. i'm at india, Tamilnadu, Madurai.  can u suggest me that how to claim on warranty or repaid the drive. who is the otherised by hp........

A:HP Pendrive 32 GB v220w Not Working

hp pen drive 32gb not work and not display in my computer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pendrive-32-GB-v220w-Not-Working/td-p/4615812
Relevancy 38.7%

hi yesterday i posted http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...-moved-xp.html this thread bcos of buffer flow yesterday. i m using win xp sp2 when i performed on demand scan by mcafee antivirus it found abt 140 trojan and delete them before and after window was not opening with explorer each time i double click on every dirve a pop up window of chose program to open with appears also in view option there is 1 showing except show hidden files and hidden files also not showing and also system restore not working today i have scanned my pc n no virus found so hou can this problem can be resolved . do i need to format all the drives or any more option is rest bcoz i want to format all drives when no option will be left .thnx

A:c,D,E and pendrive not opening using explorer

i m posting my new hijack and mcafee log for more info plz help

hijack log

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 10:34:16 PM, on 2/8/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\DeviceService\DevSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee Desktop Firewall for Windows XP\FireSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ulead Systems\DVD\ULCDRSvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee Desktop Firewall for Windows XP\Firetray.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McTray.exe
D:\soft\HiJackThis\test.exe.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\scriptcl.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {0BF43445-2F28-4351-9252-17FE6E806AA0} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\VirusScan Enterprise\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\UdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeFireTray] C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee Desktop Firewall for Windows XP\Firetray.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Capture Device Service - InterVideo Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\DeviceService\DevSvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Desktop Firewall Service (FireSvc) - Networks Associates Technology, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Network Associates\McAfee Desktop Firewall for Windows XP\FireSvc.exe
O23 - Service: IviRegMgr - InterVideo - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\RegMgr\iviRegMgr.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LuComServer_3_4.EXE
O23 - Service: McAfee Framework Service (McAfeeFramework) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
O23 - Servic... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c-d-e-and-pendrive-not-opening-using-explorer-219585.html
Relevancy 38.7%
Relevancy 38.7%

Ok it started with an infected pen-drive inserted into my computer when I have not installed my antivirusSo i thought its the same old autorun virus So i went but ! this normal ain't PenDrive Help, infection one the to enable hidden and system files but i couldn ti pressed ALT CTRL DEL and went to Help, PenDrive infection but this ain't the normal one ! processes to look at the long list of my processes and its either my eyes are blind or i couldnt find anything suspicious at all So i Help, PenDrive infection but this ain't the normal one ! downloaded this script from the internet that forcefully somehow enables viewing of hidden sys filesand i went to delete the autorun and the file it executes it was in all my hddand i wanted to download kaspersky but i couldnt load the page it was error page not found as if you weren t connected to the net same on IEalso same problem on bitdefender com Normal mode so i rebooted in safe mode i can access it but i get some stupid password thingy only happens for kaspersky com Still in safe mode i pressed ALT CTRL DEL and went to processes to look at the long list of my processes and its either my eyes are blind or i couldnt find anything suspicious at all shocked though its SAFE MODE FFS i went to check out System Restore but it seems all my previous restore points have been deleted NONE After that i found an old copy of kaspersky installer in my hard discs So i installed it and it couldn t update AT ALL gives me a bunch of errors So i had no choice to scan with an outdated databse and it found NOTHING T T quot OK FYI i m having the resycled and boot com virus I did google searches and all the guides were the same - delete resycled folder with boot com inside and destroy autorun inf and using registry to do it again well i did that already and after some reboots Now I ve rebooted back to Normal mode and i still cannot access kaspersky bitdefender com it gives page not foundThe old installer copy of kaspersky that i found still cant update does that prove i m still infected -Now the only reason that I think i m still infected is that I can t access kaspersky bitdefender sites but i can access them in safe mode but i get the annoying Password pop up non-stop and online scanners dont work and kaspersky cant update Don t ask me to run a format as that would be only the last resort Lastly thanks for reading EDIT-----------I also cannot enter AVG s site or eset com

A:Help, PenDrive infection but this ain't the normal one !

We need to use a clean computer and a disinfected immunized usb drivePlease download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.Reboot your computer when done.Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204451/help-pendrive-infection-but-this-aint-the-normal-one/
Relevancy 38.7%

can i get an anti-virus that can be installed on the pendrive n detect the virus as soon as it is plugged into sumother pc .aws for now i have been suffering with these virus only due to the pendrives whw come r with the virus whw effect my pc a lot .
so can we install an anti-virus which will alert us before virus tries to infect it.

A:Anti-virus for PENDRIVE?

Use Microsoft Security Essentials, it will detect and warn you real time.
In addition use Malwarebytes to scan, weekly, for malware. Malware is not always the same as a virus.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/291040-anti-virus-pendrive.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,
My pen drive has approx 1.4 Gb of data but when i pug in it does not show anything. I am attaching a screen shot. contents can be retrieved by searching and opened also but are not visible. I have used the "show hidden files and folders" but zilch.Please guide.
Zerbat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/contents-invisible-in-pendrive.1146025/
Relevancy 38.7%

My 4gb USB pendrive appears as only 250mb (EDITED NOW )! What can I do? I have tried using the format option on right click...

A:My 4gb USB pendrive appears as only 250gb!

Heh, your complainaing about 246 free gig?

Ok I know you mean meg...

Well I would look in the disk manager in the control panel and see what the partitioning on it is. it may be partitioned wrong. You can delete and repartition it to the full 4 gig. then reformat it again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/85536-my-4gb-usb-pendrive-appears-only-250gb.html
Relevancy 38.7%

My HP x715w 3.0 pen drive of 32 GB is write protected and i am allowed only to copy from it and nothing else, so i have tried all the possible methods to format it like "registry editor, command prompt, using disk manage, safe mode, also using bootable OS DVD". Some body please help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-new-pendrive-was-write-protected/td-p/5719531
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi. Today I was using my Kingston DataTraveler DTI 2GB as usual. I transferred some files
and unplugged it.When I attempted to use it again Windows gave me an
"USB Device Not Recognized" error. The light does not even blink. Can it be fixed?

A:Pendrive doesn't work

Try it on another pc but when they go that's usually the end.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pendrive-doesnt-work.733944/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,
I have a Sandisk cruzer blade 8 gb pendrive, when i used to create a bootable usb using windows iso tool an error occured and its showing write protected while formatting. I have tried almost all the ways to format but nothing worked.Hoping a solution.[IMG][/IMG]

A:Pendrive Write Protected

My Cruzers are write protected, and I think it's done in hardware. Mine have a little OS on them that asks for a password, then unlocks the drive for use. For security reasons, I think that lock/unlock is implemented in hardware. I wasn't able to partition mine either.

Thumb drives are cheap these days. Just pick up a non secured one to make a bootable drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344020-pendrive-write-protected.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have struggled and failed to find a solution to getting my LG PenDrive 256 my LG 98 Win does SE USB not list Flash MB Flash pendrive shown in my drive lists Operating system Microsoft Windows Win 98 SE does not list my USB LG 256 Flash PenDrive Release Second Edition SE Estimated processor speed MHz Memory RAM I have gone through other forums but their solutions did not help I am on a work Novell network yes I have tried the suggested Novell drive listing I cannot upgrade to another version of Windows it will bring more hassles with network settings I have up dated my BIOS I have removed and reinstalled my USB ports countless of times I have the latest Windows Updates I can t help but suspect may have contributed cause the drive was visible before then I have McAfee VirusScan and regular updates I have spysweepers and Adware removers no Norton sweep clean which I read could be a contributor These are some of the bits of information SiSandra gave me on my system Processor Model Intel Celeron Speed MHz Performance Rating PR estimated Type Standard Package FC-PPGA Socket Rated Speed FSB MHz x MHz Core Voltage Rating V Maximum Physical Virtual Addressing -bit -bit Native Page Size kB Co-Processor FPU Type Built-in Revision Stepping Environment Monitor Model VIA PM PCI Version Mainboard Specific Support Yes General Information Manufacturer Award Version Award Modular BIOS v PG Date Plug amp Play Version USB Port Information Controller VIA Tech PCI to USB Universal Host Controller Root Hub Compound Device No Hub Is Bus Powered No Power Switching None Over-current Protection None Number of Ports Root Hub USB Port Status No Device Connected Root Hub USB Port Status No Device Connected I know the USB pendrive is working I have installed the lastest drivers for Win SE The device is correctly shown and read on my home computer running Windows Pro Something on Win SE is not working right riskasupport nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

I BOUGHT A HP PENDRIVE WHICH IS GB  250W WHICH IS NOT FUNCTIONING PROPERLY IT SHOWS THE SPACE OF THE PENDRIVE BUT THE FILES WHICH ARE SEND TO IT WILL NOT OPEN WHEN IT IS EJECTED SO PLEASE GIVE ME A SOLUTION TO THIS THE FILE WILL NOT OPEN ONCE WE EJECT AND WE INSERT THE PENDRIVE AGAIN INTO THE SAME PC SO PLEASE HP REPRESENTATIVES HELP ME ILL PAY U MONEY SIR PLZ

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-PENDRIVE-64-GB-NOT-FUNCTIONING-PROPERLY/td-p/5701294
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi

I wanted to try Ubuntu netbook remix so I downloaded it and loaded it into my SB pen drive after doing the md5sum test. Then I fixed on the boot order so the usb would boot first, and restarted my Toshiba NB100 with the pen drive inserted. When I start my netbook the first screen where you can press F12 and F2 for BIOS freeze for about 2 min then windows boot.

I'm using a Kingston DataTraveler 4GB pen drive, I dont think its the pendrive because its bootable on my other laptop.

Thank you.

A:NB100 - Can't boot from USB pendrive

Hi!

Does this happen only with USB stick or without USB too?

Have you tried another USB stick? For the moment for me it sounds like that the USB stick is not compatible with the notebook or isn?t working properly.
Can you please try another USB stick?

Bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?44241-NB100-Can-t-boot-from-USB-pendrive
Relevancy 38.7%

My pendrive is having 2 Gb data.But when i am opening it
then it does not show all the files.instead it shows only 400 Mb files.
When i am scanning with eset,it is showing the files name which are scanned
How do i retrieve them ?
is it some kind of virus ?

A:Pendrive not showing files

Your thread is showing as "solved". Is that actually the case or do you still need assistance?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pendrive-not-showing-files.949890/
Relevancy 38.7%

We have purchased steel body hp 8 GB pendrive from our local Ambala Cantt market few months back.
I'm very sorry to inform your that this 8 gb pendrive is not working and is out of order now . We have already checked it from your local dealer and he advised us to come a compalint to you.
So you are requested to kindly replace the same at your earliest and inimate is by return mail/sms or inform us teliphonicallg at the below mentioned no.

Regards
Amit Singal
C/o Luxmi Stored
[personal information removed]

A:Urgent complaint of 8 GB pendrive

Hi @Amitsingal, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Sprout-by-HP/Urgent-complaint-of-8-GB-pendrive/td-p/5760842
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello frends,

I just created a bootable usb pendrive windows 7.Aftter booting my laptop I just wanted to normal my pendrive.I just wanted to convert my bootable pendrive to normal pendrive.Some people sugest me to go to disk management and delete disk volume and i just do it. Now whenever I insert my pendrive I cant find any drive in my laptop.Please friend give me suggestion what to do?

Relevancy 38.7%

I had use recovery software and recover the date from pendrive, at the time power failure on my system. Later it works partially, just read the data but not format any file. After i recover another time the pendrive was fully not working. I had tried many steps for recovery through internet. But no use. Is there any possible ways to recovery or not.

A:Transcend usb pendrive corrupted

It perhaps gone bad. Did you try it on other PCs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/376434-transcend-usb-pendrive-corrupted.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,

i tried to connect my usb pendrive to the system(Windows 2000

prof) .but it is not detected.then i went to the device manger and choose

scan for hardware changes.then it appears but not able to access any

file.Then i restarted the system. The Chkdsk run's for the USB PenDrive

After logging in checked it is working fine.

Two hour's later i again connected it . it is not detecting in the computer.

i insert the USB pendrive in different USB port's also. then also no response.

If i go to device manager and choose scan for hardware changes .then also

no response.Please help me to sort out the problem.

A:USB pendrive frontech 128 MB Not Detecting

it's not uncommon for a USB pendrive to be accidentally zapped by static electricity and destroyed. in fact, its quite common. try another pendrive, or try yours on another computer. if yours works on another machine, your computer is the problem. if it doesn't work on another computer either (one with win2k or XP) then you can reasonably conclude that said drive has indeed fallen victim to static discharge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-pendrive-frontech-128-mb-not-detecting.50026/
Relevancy 38.7%

hi friend,

this is vishnu. how to install os with the help of pendrive.
how to make bootable pendrive.

thanking you,

A:how to make bootable pendrive

What OS do you want to install using your USB Flash (Pen) drive? If you have an ISO image of Windows 7 or 8 you can use the Microsoft Tool. Microsoft Store.
For XP, use Win2Flash Install Windows XP From USB Drive : How To

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-make-bootable-pendrive-718777.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I just formated my computer and the next day I check my hard drives and I get a PENDRIVE folder? Any ideas to fix it? Only thing i can think of that I might of caused it was, trying to remove dual boot from xp on my seprate hard drive and I might of removed something that wasnt suppose to be removed.

A:PENDRIVE Hard Drive?

Hello zurk12.

What happens if you right click F: and select "Open" are there files to view?

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/90754-pendrive-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I am usubg Windows 7 home basic.
I am trying to copy some folders from my pen drive to desktop.
I have some problems while doing this task.

1.It ask permission each time while copying the folder.
( What settign have to made so it should not ask.)

2.from recent time I unbale to see folders of pendrive.
If I search by folder name in that pendrive then it shows but,
I open pendrive normally it doesnt shows folders ( just shows the file. )
Now same problem occurs while I am opning that pend drive
on another machine where I have installed XP.
It doesnt shows the folders too.

What shoud I do ?

A:Unable to see Folders in Pendrive.

Hi Nilesh and welcome to the Forum
Are you logged into Windows 7 as an administartor? Can you post here a screenshot of what happens when you open the pendrive normally as you put it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/98880-unable-see-folders-pendrive.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi.
I have been experiencing abberant pendrive behaviour, and don't know what the problem might be.

I can upload files to it, but when I try to copy anything back to my hard drive, after copying one directory it gets stuck and then it says something about bad parameters, and then when I access the drive (the pendrive) it shows as blank.

Can anyone recommend a piece of software that diagnoses flash memory problems or tests such memories for errors, or otherwise explain what the problem might be?

I am running windows xp sp2 on a desktop with AMD Athlon 2400+ and the pendrive is plugged in through an extension USB cable into the mainboard's usb socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-a-pentagram-pendrive.81960/
Relevancy 38.7%

My pendrive has been affected by some kind virus as it was used on some other PC.

How do I format the same as Formatting with the right click option has'nt helped?

Pls Assist.

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello

I'm always bothered with one thing. That when i write another name rather than Removable Disk, EVERYTHING STAYS IN CAPITAL LETTER.

How can i write in small letters , like Alex instead of ALEX.

Thank you,
Alex.

A:Writing small in Pendrive

Please, no one knows it?
I'd appreciate a lot if you guys would help.

Thanks,
Alex.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/8138-writing-small-pendrive.html