Windows Support Forum

Desktop Wireless network not connecting

Q: Desktop Wireless network not connecting

HP Pavillion with Windows Vista
Using a Diamond 300 mbps Wireless Repeater
Netgear Wireless Dualband Router N600 WNDR3400v2

When attempting to open IE, a popup opens that says:
Connect to 10.0.10.254
The server 10.0.10.254 at GoAhead requires a username and password.
Warning: This server is requesting that your username and password be sent in an insecure manner (basic authentication without a secure connection).
User name:
Password:
and OK and Cancel

In device manager, computer doesn't recognize a wireless device.
It displays NVIDIA nForce 10/100 mbps Ethernet but nothing else.

Other devices (laptop,Ipad) can connect to the wireless in the home.
Internet provider says it is not on their end.

Can someone please offer some advice on how to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Desktop Wireless network not connecting

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Desktop Wireless network not connecting

Go to Device Manager, find the wireless adaptor. It should have a yellow ! symbol next to it.

Post details here, then you need to install the drivers for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wireless-network-not-connecting.195589/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys New to the forum so please be gentle I am trying to connect a desktop to an existing wireless network in my sister s house My desktop doesn t have in built wireless so I purchased a Tenda W U V Wireless-G USB adapter Now the strange thing is that once everything is plugged in the software windows and tenda software can see the network but will not connect All I get is Acquiring network Address It also connects disconnects constantly usually every few seconds I am assuming this is because for some reason it won t find an IP address I have done the usual thing ipconfig release renew etc plus spent days looking over the internet for a solution but to no avail I am ok with computers but this has beaten me so I am hoping you guys can help wireless Help a to Solved: network a connecting desktop For the purpose of this also just in case I have overlooked anything treat me as a complete novice I have included the details using the IPCONFIG ALL to see if that helps C Documents and Settings Kris gt ipconfig Solved: Help connecting a wireless desktop to a network all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL C P C P PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - D- C- C- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Tenda W U V Wireless USB Adapter Physical Address C - A- -C - -DD Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server The router I Solved: Help connecting a wireless desktop to a network am trying to connect to is SKY s own wireless one I know this is fine as I have managed to connect my iPhone to this network with no problems Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

but yet laptops are able to connect to the wireless g router.

has anyone any idea why this may be and how i can get the main computer to connect to the internet?

thanks for any help

A:internet not connecting on desktop pc where desktop network pci card was installed...

If you provide some information about the "desktop", like the version/patch level of Windows, the indications in Device Manager for the NIC, etc. we might be able to help.

In addition, open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-not-connecting-on-desktop-pc-where-desktop-network-pci-card-was-installed.390929/
Relevancy 63.64%

So i'm having an issue connecting my desktop to my home network for file sharing. My Desktop is connected to the internet like so: Desktop ->(Ethernet cable)-> Uverse 2wire router -> Internet.

I have no issues with my internet connection, and in fact I am posting this from my desktop now. Windows Network Diagnostics finds no issues when I run the trouble shooter. and when I try to connect to a home group it refers me to the network issue.

This issue has plagued me for about 6 months now. I have talked to Uverse tech support, and many of my friends who are into computers and have gotten no answers. Computer is running windows 7 SP1 and again the router is the Uverse 2wire router

How can I make my desktop available for network sharing?

Also here is a screenshot of the network map according to this computer

A:Network Sharing Problem. Connecting Desktop to home network

Have you set up a home network? What is the workgroup name? Are there any passwords of any kind? Have you set your shared settings on each PC in the workgroup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207840-network-sharing-problem-connecting-desktop-home-network.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi everyone I m having an extremely frustrating problem connecting to my Netgear DG G v wireless router in my flat In short Ever since I reformatted router's network to Can't adapter wireless connecting connect to wireless despite net my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP Pro internet browsers do not detect a connection to the internet despite a wireless connection being detected in the network connections and the icon in the system tray when my wireless adapter is plugged into my PC Connection problems only occurred after the reformat another PC in my flat connects wirelessly to our router with no problems before during amp after the time I reformatted I m posting this using his PC and the router config settings have definitely not been changed in any way so its not a router problem It appears that the wireless adapter is able to detect a signal from the router but the router is not sending information to the adapter I can t even connect to the router setup IP address More detailed I wiped the PC s harddrive then reinstalled Windows XP Pro I thought the recovery disk would have drivers with Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network it like others I d used but it didn t so I had to manually find nVidia chipset amp com Ethernet controller Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network drivers and SP for USB functionality download them on another PC and transfer and install them on mine I got SP this didn t change anything I changed back to SP still no change to connectivity When my Netgear WG v wireless adapter is plugged into a USB port Windows recognises it as a device connected to the PC My Netgear DG G v router is working normally the power light is on the internet light is on and the wireless light is on all are green the internet light blinks intermittently as normal the other two are solid When the wireless adapter is plugged into the PC wireless networks are detected and I can detect and connect to my Netgear router using the same WEP key and SSID as before set at the time of router setup Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network and not changed since Bubble comes up with Wireless Network Connection NETGEAR Speed Mbps Signal Strength Very Good When a browser is opened and set to any website the DNS error screen The page cannot be displayed The page you are looking for is currently unavailable etc in IE Server not found Firefox can t find the server at www google co uk in Firefox When opening Internet Explorer the bar at the bottom of the window displays Detecting proxy settings for a few seconds before the DNS error comes up The router settings cannot be opened via a browser either by using the router setup CD or by typing http into the address bar The same error msg is displayed in IE Firefox displays Unable to connect Firefox can t establish a connection to the server at I can connect to the router setting page in the above way using my flatmate s wireless connection to the same router Opening up the properties of the wireless connection shows that data packets are sent but not received e g after leaving the wireless connection on for hours packets sent packets received I tried bridging the wireless connection with the Net Adapter connection in Network Connections LAN or High Speed Internet this had no effect reversing this also had no effect All settings IP etc were set to be automatically provided no effect I looked at my flatmate s connection settings IP address subnet mask DHCP server etc and manually specified as many of them as I could on my connection no effect I used my flatmate s connection to go into the router settings and manually specify my PC s Physical address MAC no as being always allowed to connect no effect I effectively turned off the router s firewall by setting it to allow incoming connections on all ports no effect Changed it back no effect also no firewalls installed... Read more

A:Can't connect to net despite wireless adapter connecting to router's wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-net-despite-wireless-adapter-connecting-to-routers-wireless-network.541734/
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm having issues connecting to a secure wireless network. Network key is definitely correct. I'm running Windows XP...and using a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card. Things are set to acquire address automatically. When I try to connect though, I get stuck on "acquiring network address"

I've never had issues connecting to any other wireless network before, and am fairly confident this is not a hardware issue.

I'm really not technical...so I don't even know where to start wrt troubleshooting...or what other info to provide here.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:Trouble connecting to wireless network...can't acquire network address

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-wireless-network-cant-acquire-network-address.837022/
Relevancy 63.21%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 63.21%

I just purchased a Lexmark X which is wireless enabled I followed the install instructions using my main desktop system The install does have you connect printer to wireless Wireless existing Connecting network a USB Connecting Wireless printer to existing wireless network cable for part of the installation My main system is wired to my router I installed the printer drivers and did wireless setup on one of my laptops Good news is that the laptop recognizes the printer and prints just fine Ok here is my question My main system that is hard wired to the router does not recognize the lexmark printer unless I plug the USB cable back into it If I do that then the printer does not work for all the other wirelessly connected systems So does anyone know if I can get this to work without buying a wireless card for my main desktop system I was hoping that with my main system connected to the wireless router wired that it would work Thanks in advance for the help Marty nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Ran into a problem last night setting up a HP OfficeJet Pro at home My home network consists of Windows Charter Internet through a Motorola modem don t recall printer a wireless PC a to desktop Connecting the model but can get that later if germane to the issue ASUS T-Mobile Personal Cellspot which is a rebranded RT-AC u My two primary systems are Intel NUC that is connected to the router via Ethernet and also has built in wifi Home built system desktop connected to the router via Ethernet with no wifi Printer was setup with wireless Works flawlessly with the NUC every laptop including Windows based and Mac in the house and even my iPhone I cannot get the desktop PC to print anything other than a test page using the HP Print and Scan Doctor utility Why that works I don t know A normal test page print from the printer properties fails and the wizard can t fix the issue I do have a Homegroup set up for sharing and all that looks fine as the PC can see the printer it shows up on the network map etc Is it as simple as just buying a USB wifi dongle and throwing that in the desktop PC so that it is essentially setup like the NUC Seems that the PC connected to the router should take care of the wireless for me but no go I did try setting Connecting a desktop PC to a wireless printer the printer up on the PC with Windows firewall on and off Connecting a desktop PC to a wireless printer and no change Any ideas Thanks Bill nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/connecting-a-desktop-pc-to-a-wireless-printer.1908934/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi after being away for quite a while amp not using the desktop PC it seemed to be slow at first but then OK I downloaded windows updates including Nvidia driver update for Geforce GS of which the driver update was the network to connecting sometimes? Not Desktop only one to fail Then the PC started to freeze with the mouse being jerky At the time the laptop connected to the network was fine After switching back on it wouldn Desktop Not connecting to network sometimes? t connect to the network the router appearing fine though I went into safe mode amp the network connection was OK all the checks with connections that I could check Desktop Not connecting to network sometimes? seemed OK But going back to normal mode the problem with no network connection reappeared amp didn t seem to want to switch off Only by holding the start button would it switch off In safe mode I did a system restore also got rid of previous updates Now when I come out of safe mode with a restart all is fine But sometimes when switched back on it doesn t connect to the network I ve scanned with Avast Malwarebytes Superantispyware Checked disk for errors amp done a diagnose with in Network amp Sharing Center Desktop Not connecting to network sometimes? amp no problems shown It wasn t possible when the PC kept freezing to do a system restore so that s why it was done through safe mode would that make any difference So at the moment when it is connected to the network amp usually after going through safe mode first everything works as before amp fast It switches off OK too Then sometimes when switched back on it shows it hasn t connected to the network amp won t switch off correctly amp then the options of safe mode with networking which I use or normal appear If going with safe mode with networking then doing a restart the PC will connect amp work perfectly If I was to choose normal its back to not connecting to the network at this stage the mouse doesn t freeze any more amp problems switching off Is there anything else I can do or do I just have to reinstall everything Instead of using the laptop I m able to compose this question on the desktop which yet again for the moment appears fine PC Details Windows Vista Premium Service Pack Intel Core TM duo CPU email protected GB Ram Nvidia Geforce GS Appreciate any help Thx nbsp

A:Desktop Not connecting to network sometimes?

Go into Device Manager and see if there is a yellow symbol next to your network adapter. If so, then right click and update it to see if any updated driver is available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-not-connecting-to-network-sometimes.1096165/
Relevancy 60.63%

I just built a new desk top with Win. 7 and wanted to get it connected to my wireless network. Please help.

A:Connecting to Wireless Network

Did you installed the wireless adapter driver and software to your pc?
If you are having troubles to determine the model of the adapter use everest (free)
Download Everest Home Edition 2.20 Free - Everest Home Edition - a freeware system information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution - Softpedia

I assume you already did that, make sure you download the software as well (some adapters are only works with their dedicated software.)

Is there any conflicts in Device manager?
Make sure the adapter is enabled in setup (BIOS) (if its integrated)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-wireless-network-652123.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I have a new laptop with Windows XP Pro. I can connect to the wireless network at work but not at home. I can connect to the wireless network at home with my old laptop. I have double checked the password and I am entering the correct password on the wireless network whilst trying to connect to the home wireless network on my new laptop help.

R

Relevancy 60.63%

hi,
running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. i'm farley knowledgeable with computers and windows OS.

i'm having trouble trying to figure out how to connect to my new room mates wireless network. my computer was connected straight to the internet at my old house via ethernet cable. so maybe my computer's setting is set for wired internet?? i looked online for help. found that i needed to click the icon on the bottom right corner (next to clock), hit refresh and the wireless network should show up. but it doesn't.

i'm not sure whats going on... hence why i'm here.
i know this is a simple fix. i'm just over looking something.

if you have any questions, please ask.
thanks for any help..

A:Help connecting to new wireless network

hi..
is it PC or laptop?? if laptop, i think some of the type notebook get to enable the wireless first. can you print screen your desktop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/164287-help-connecting-new-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi again,

I am trying to connect to a WPA wireless network using a Windows Vista laptop. I am able to connect to this network with other Vista machines without any issues, just enter the key and go. I am able to connect to other wireless networks with this computer.

The wireless NIC has been updated to the latest version and is 802.11g. (WPA capable)

I havent really dealt with Vista, are there any known issues in Vista with WPA?

Any other ideas on what I could try?

A:Connecting To A Wireless Network

Yes there may be.issues.
Just for my own sanity(and because unfortunately,we have had issues with others trying to learn how to get onto other's nets) .Can I assume that you are trying to connect to your own home network,?
If so,then there will be some things we will need to see for further diagnosis.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-a-wireless-network.987920/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have two wireless networks using two different routers. I can connect easily to both networks from five of my other computers, some that use XP, one with Vista and one with Windows 7. I have another AIO computer using Windows 7 that will only connect to one of the networks although both the networks appear on the list of available networks and the signal strength indicates excellent on the network that won't connect. I disconnect the network that I can access, try to connect to the other but I get the advice that the computer cannot connect. I have typed in the correct codes, do everything as on other computers but it just won't connect on this one. After a few seconds the computer automatically connects to the previous network. Any ideas?

A:Connecting to a second wireless network

If you are using WEP on that second router you will most likely need to go with WPA2 security with AES encryption instead. You will need to change the wireless profile in Windows 7 as well.

There are many new Windows 7 approved drivers that will not work with the outdated and less secure WEP security.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/254266-connecting-second-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey, this is my first ever post in 'Networking'
I have a slight problem, my computers wireless stick finds 2 wireless networks my own 'NETGEAR' security enabled, and my neighbors 'Zoom' unsecured network
I can connect to my home one with no trouble whenever, my neighbor leaves there wireless on, on a night, when mine gets turned off so i can use there. I can connect easy on my laptop to any network weather it be an unsecured network, basically like WiFi.

When i come to connecting on my computer it says 'connected' then when i open a web page to browse it has the little red cross there, and the connection has gone, why is this? What can i do to stop it?

I'm running windows home premium ( The same as my laptop which connects all the time ) my wireless stick is a 802.11g Wireless USB adapter.

Thanks in advance.

A:Connecting to a wireless Network

It's against the terms of service for the ISP for your neighbor to "share" his access with you, so I'm going to close this one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-a-wireless-network.851782/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am trying to connect my laptop to my neighbor's (yes, I have permissions ) network. When I go to the screen that lists the available connections his appears and I click connect. When it is finished connecting it says not connected next to the bars that show the signal strength. If I click on the connection it says "You are currently connected to this network. If you would like to disconnect from this network, click disconnect." I am not able to use the internet though????

A:Help Connecting to wireless network

Our rules include ...

... Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.Click to expand...

So, the probability is that your neighbor is breaking the terms of service of his/her ISP and we cannot help with that. Please PM me with details if I have interpreted this incorrectly. Closing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-connecting-to-wireless-network.1003640/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am running 2 desktop computers on a wireless network and have just purchased a laptop and in the process of setting it up and installing it on my wireless network, but I have forgot my network name and password.
I would like to know how to find this?

Thanks
jack

A:Connecting to wireless network

In the desktop computers that are already connected to the wireless, do the following:

1) Click on the wireless icon in the notification area (system tray), it'll show the names of all the wireless connections detected. Your home connection (to which you are connected) will be in bold with the status "Connected". That'll give you the name of the network.

2) To locate your key, just right click on the connection (that you saw in 1), click on Properties, then click on Security tab. Check the box "Show characters" to reveal the network security key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/125110-connecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently changed my home internet provider, thus my local area network and wireless router. I have successfully connected my laptop and other wireless devices in my home to the network but can not after hours of trying connect my desktop PC. This PC was previously connected to the previous wireless network and router. Please help.

A:Connecting to Wireless Network

Perhaps some details? What versions and patch level of Windows does the desktop run? What is the make/model of the wireless adapter and the version of the driver?

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-wireless-network.916490/
Relevancy 60.63%

My roommates and I recently purchased high speed internet then connected a wireless router. I set up the protected network with a WPA-2 security setting. 4 of my roommates including myself found the network, typed in the passcode and connected no problem. However, one of my roommates found the network, typed in the code and the network settings window said it was connected successfully yet she has no internet. No pages will load. Is there a reason why her computer follows the same steps everyone else took and says its connected yet has no activity?

Relevancy 60.63%

My mum's got a sony vaio running Win7 pro 64 and whenever she trie to connect to our network it just doesn't.

I open the list of available networks then click on our one and then click connect. Then the list disappears and that's it. It doesn't ask me to enter a password, and it doesn't connect. It does the same on every network i've tried it on. It used to work fine but has been like this for a few weeks now.

My dad's got the same laptop and he hasn't had any problems. I've tried reinstalling the driver but it still does it.

Has anyone heard of this before?

A:Not connecting to wireless network

Hi

Are you putting in the correct password ? Do you have this symbol "" on the bottom next to the icon on the right hand side ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282708-not-connecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello So I'm having no internet on an old XP desktop I bought at a garage sale It is Gateway MFATXPNT YKT x Ghz and GB RAM Yorktown Motherboard I have been working on getting it up and running since June wiped it clean and installed a new copy of XP People at PChelforum gave me lots of help but internet remains unsolved Here is the thread http www pchelpforum Not XP connecting wireless network PCI to in with com xf threads want-help-cleaning-pc-bought-at-garage-sale At first my usb wireless adapter worked very occasionally We tried setting up Google DNS doing some other changes to internet settings see second page of the thread I swapped the adapter out a couple times and finally change to a PCI adapter Wireless N ENLWI - N Encore Electronics Now it doesn't work at all even though it can see and connect to the wireless network and the connection is very Not connecting to network with PCI wireless in XP good Also I have a laptop which connects mostly fine although the connection periodically dies and I have to unplug the adapter then plug it back in I have spent fair amount of time looking for ideas on Google but no luck so I'm coming here I wanted to attach a minitoolbox log and hwinfo log but can't figure out how

A:Not connecting to network with PCI wireless in XP

to Bleeping Computer Community!

Are there any computers on wireless that does not disconnects from your home network? How many are connecting to your modem/router and what brand/model is it? Please post also your bandwith speed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506171/not-connecting-to-network-with-pci-wireless-in-xp/
Relevancy 60.63%

We have a wireless network here at work with 3 computers (XP) networked to share files and printers.

I'm trying to add a 4th (XP) computer to the network and I know nothing about networking. How do we go about this?

I've tried googling and checked the microsoft site and they weren't much help.

Relevancy 60.63%

I got a new computer today with Windows 7 and I am having trouble connecting to a wireless network. I have an unsecured connection and it is telling me that it cannot connect to the network and to check the router. I know the router is working because I am on the same network with another computer. I can connect to a secured network at a friends house just fine so I don't understand what the problem is. I am not very good with computers so any help at all would be appreciated! thanks!

A:help connecting to wireless network!

Can you post your Network Connections details? Maybe there is something wrong with your wireless card.

Any errors in system Eventlogs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/30830-help-connecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently re-installed my Microsoft XP OS on my laptop computer. I have been trying to connect to the internet since then, however whenever I go to my network connections screen, the only icon available is the one for my net adapter. What do I need to do in order to connect to a wireless network? I have checked and my adapter is on, my wireless card is on (I can tell by the blue light that lights up next to the icon) and I tried setting up a network connection. Nothing makes the wireless network icon popup in the Network Connections screen. Thanks!

Relevancy 60.63%

it asks for additional information to connect to it.
it says enter credentials, user name, password, and logon domain
i made up some stuff to put in those then it says it cannot automatically detect security settings for this network or some other things. it also says that there is no certificate.

A:I need help connecting to my wireless network.

Router is your wireless how did you set it up?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-help-connecting-to-my-wireless-network.95912/
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently moved and my desktop computer is now in a room in the attic, ufortunatly it had no wireless on it so i went out and bought a wireless pci card so i could connect to my internet. Installed the hard ware and the software that came with it. When i run the included software it is showking that it is connected, showing ip address, the right connection name and all the relavent info seems to be there.

But when i try to open a we b page it says i have no internet connection? when i look at xp's connection status it says it is unable to show me connection as another piece of software is controlling the connection.

The card i bought was a sumvision wireless pci adapter svw322p running on a xp computer

hope you can help thank you

A:Connecting to wireless network

it may be using a wireless utility you installed and conflicting with the XP wireless utility WZC
do you know the name of the utility you installed - it would be worth stopping this process and allowing windows zero configuration WZC to control the adapter
lets see an xirrus screen shot and a ipconfig /all

also do you have a firewall or security suite - now or old version maybe a trial version of norton or mcafee etc
------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.
http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://wpc.475a.edgecastcdn.net/00475A/XirrusWiFiInspectorSetup.1.2.0.exe

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-to-wireless-network.1055263/
Relevancy 60.63%

I am trying to connect a wireless but it is not connecting with error say, "selected network not in range despite having five bars and just sitting 2 feet from router. You may refresh your wireless network." I have modem and router model AN 1020- 25. My Laptop is acer having windows xp sp 3. Let me add that my laptop is also showing 3/4 other networks also who are in the range.

A:Wireless network not connecting

Two feet can be too close. Try five to ten feet away.

What wireless utility (XP's WZC, Acer ..., adapter specific) are you using and are you sure that no other one is running?

What, if any, non-Windows firewall or security suite do you have on the machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-not-connecting.1036915/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Vaio desktop with windows seven ultimate x I am Problems connecting to on with wireless Vaio desktop. having problems connecting my desktop to my WiFi It is a Net gear wireless router based off Charter communications My computer gives me no options to connect to my wireless network unlike my laptop I go through the control panel - Network and Internet - Network and Sharing Then i click on the quot Set up a new connection or Network quot and it says Chose a connection option quot Connect to the Internet quot is on top and i click on it It asks how i want to connect and has a little box in the bottom right corner of the menu and says quot Show connection options that this computer is not set up to use quot and i click it and it still only gives me two options to connect Problems with connecting to wireless on Vaio desktop. to The options are quot Broadband PPPoE quot and quot Dial-up quot there is no option for Wireless Does anyone know to enable the wireless option

A:Problems with connecting to wireless on Vaio desktop.

The quickest responsible would be helpful and whenever.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374730-problems-connecting-wireless-vaio-desktop.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop Windows XP that has a wireless card built into it I also have an HP Desktop Windows Vista that I used to go online with plugging it directly into a Laptop Internet. Wireless to for Desktop Connecting modem I no longer have the modem however I am Connecting Desktop to Wireless Laptop for Internet. still able to go online with my laptop b c I pick up a good connection from my neighbor So basically I am wondering if there is any way I can plug my laptop into my desktop so the desktop picks up the connection I have already been looking into this for a couple days now I found threads that were kind of helpful Based on the threads I have tried pluging an ethernet cat e patch cable is this the same as a crossover into both of the computers I have messed around with network connections and changed the ip addresses all around After hours and hours of doing this my ending result was this The Desktop s Local Area Connection said I was connected However when I tried going online I kept getting quot page could not be displayed quot So I m not sure if what I m trying to do here is even possible or completely rediculous Somebody please please help me I am not computer illiterate I would say I m Intermediate if that helps with answering me And I already know my problem could be easily solved if I just go out and buy a wireless card to put in the computer but let s just say there is a reason why I no longer have my modem anymore Now a days every dime I have is going directly into the mouths of my and year old I have nothing extra I need the desktop for work the laptop just doesn t cut it Any idea how to do this I will greatly appreciate it Thank you thank you thank you in advance nbsp

A:Connecting Desktop to Wireless Laptop for Internet.

Site Rules - http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
WiFi Piggybacking / Wardriving - We do not support the act of using someone else's Internet without permission. Also, please note that almost every ISP prohibits sharing your Internet connection with another home, and we will not assist you in breaking their rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-desktop-to-wireless-laptop-for-internet.848195/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there I am in a bit of a pickle with my current residence My leaser will not allow me to have an extra cable modem install near the only place I can have to connecting Issues wireless router desktop my desktop So my next course of action was to get a wireless adapter and connect it to a wireless router Here is the entire map NOT WORKING Desktop - gt Linksys adapter Model WUSB N -X gt Linksys wireless router Model WRT N - gt Cable Modem WORKING Desktop - gt Linksys wireless router Model WRT N connected through hardline - gt Cable Modem WORKING Desktop - gt Cable Modem This is what I have done I did a fresh install of Win Build x Got the router to install and connect no issues had to get a ft string of Cat- to string across the house until Newegg delivered my router and adapter Once Issues connecting desktop to wireless router the router was install I Issues connecting desktop to wireless router have no issues of internet I got the adapter installed device drivers had no problems ran the software that came with Issues connecting desktop to wireless router the router LELA and no problems still Using Win networking management connected manually to the network I had just set up No problems Unplugged the cable from the router and the Ethernet jack in my PC no issues Still pulling down MB tested at speedtest net with the wireless adapter Only issue the router was plugged into a wall jack near my comp I got this also to connect my to via hardline So thinking it was all good I shut down my pc unplugged my router relocated it and plugged everything back in turned everything back on No internet I can see the network some times with excellent signal try to connect using WPA or WPA- with the correct security key and tells me I cannot connect to the wireless router Thinking the router fugged up unplugged the ft cord and plugged it directly from my modem to the router and i get internets Second try relocated the router and connected the computer via Cat- cable to the router and voila internet I know for a fact the wireless router is good because I can connect it to my iTouch and NDS with no issues After relocating it the first time to be near my I have tried resetting the IP resetting the modem and reconfiguring my wireless network Still cannot connect to internet via adapter I am using the most up to date drivers for my P N-D NIC chipset everything my basic TS steps have fixed most of my problems and this will not fix Anyone have any suggestions

A:Issues connecting desktop to wireless router

Quote: Originally Posted by Pyrocide

Only issue the router was plugged into a wall jack near my comp, I got this also to connect my 360 to via hardline. So thinking it was all good, I shut down my pc, unplugged my router, relocated it and plugged everything back in, turned everything back on. No internet. I can see the network some times with excellent signal, try to connect using WPA or WPA-2 with the correct security key and 7 tells me I cannot connect to the wireless router. Thinking the router fugged up, unplugged the 50 ft cord and plugged it directly from my modem to the router and i get internets. Second try, relocated the router and connected the computer via Cat-5 cable to the router and voila internet.

I know for a fact the wireless router is good because I can connect it to my iTouch and NDS with no issues. After relocating it the first time to be near my 360.

I have tried resetting the IP, resetting the modem and reconfiguring my wireless network. Still cannot connect to internet via adapter.

I am using the most up to date drivers for my P5N-D NIC, chipset, everything my basic TS steps have fixed most of my problems and this will not fix.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I think, maybe, the highlighted text above is significant in that you say you can see the router "sometimes". It may be that the signal across your house is dropping off enough to cause the problem.

Question: You say that your iTouch connects with no issues. Does it do so from the position of the computer?

Another thought: Have you attempted the connection with all the wireless security turned off (just for a moment). My understanding (and it's slim at best) is that wireless security can cause signal strength issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/15992-issues-connecting-desktop-wireless-router.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Guys I am trying to fix my recent problem on my home network I have a desktop connected to a Linksys WRT G router via an ethernet cable connection??? terminates wireless connecting Desktop Also I am running two-three notebooks wirelessly Wirelessly Desktop connecting terminates wireless connection??? I am running a WEP bit encryption with one network key which I specified myself and a MAC Desktop connecting terminates wireless connection??? address filter allow only specified wireless NIC cards The router acquires an IP address from the cable modem receives DNS addresses and gateways The router then assigns via DHCP the IP addresses to all computers I used three laptops on the network without any problems I get decent data transfer rates etc But once I fire up my desktop all other connections are severed all laptops suddenly lose internet connectivity wireless signal is still intact though and my desktop takes FOREVER even to start ONE page Once I shut off the desktop everything seems to be back to normal Does anyone have any unusual ideas I am going to try switching to a different LAN port on the back of my router But then I am officially out of ideas Any help is appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Desktop connecting terminates wireless connection???

If different LAN port (may as well try them all) makes no difference, try a different cable.

If that makes no difference, try a different computer--that is, if one of your laptops has an ethernet port, try that hard wired instead of the desktop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-connecting-terminates-wireless-connection.455623/
Relevancy 60.63%

My desktop has quit connecting to the wireless system. We have a laptop and multiple ipods that still hook up. The wireless has been set up for 5 years. Any ideas of what could've happened? Thanks

A:Desktop has all of the sudden quit connecting to wireless

would you post back the following, you will need to copy onto one of the working devices
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program

across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed

for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you

click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also

post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open

the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to

suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button

to upload it here.

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left

hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back

the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open

the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to

suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button

to upload it here

{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results

into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and

post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-has-all-of-the-sudden-quit-connecting-to-wireless.952531/
Relevancy 60.63%

Had searching the internet for two weeks but still failing The closest solution I found is this How to connect wireless PC connecting to headphone Problem desktop wireless headphones to PC The problem is exactly the same as mine but using the solution given my wireless headphone still won't pair to my desktop PC Here is my Problem connecting wireless headphone to desktop PC devices - Wireless headphone Jabra Move Wireless - Windows Ultimate x - Bluetooth USB Dongle I don't think the other specification such motherboard graphic card etc is needed so I will not write them here unless they are needed to find the solution What I'm trying to achive I want to play music from my desktop PC using my wireless headphone through the USB bluetooth dongle Problems - Even after my wireless headset is already listed in control panel it seems that its still not completely paired The bluetooth headphone headset in quot Sound quot properties is still blank and nothing happened if the quot Connect quot option by its popup menu is clicked - In the Wireless headphone menu I still can't click quot Listen to music quot Nothing is happened Here is my wireless headphone properties What should I do to make my wireless headphone completely paired with my desktop PC and fully working Any kind of help is appreciated Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/399734-problem-connecting-wireless-headphone-desktop-pc.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a neighbor who has an OPEN network called @HOMED689 . For some reason my Windows 8 machines keep trying to connect to this SSID automatically.

I've never tried to connect to it. Once it's connected however, with limited connectivity, I don't have the ability to right click on it and say "Forget this network" or do anything to it such as when I connect to another wireless it says:

Show Estimated Data Usage
Set as Metered Connect
Forget this Network
View Connection Properties

Nothing.

I have not found a way to stop my laptop from connecting to it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Josh

A:Windows 8 Keeps connecting to a wireless network

Hello Josh, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if you may be able to do OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to "Forget this network" in the command prompt instead to remove that wireless network.

Wireless Network Profile - Delete in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/27086-windows-8-keeps-connecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm new to a wireless network and I want to connect my HP printer so my lap tops can access it also. My HP Photosmart printer is connected to my Dell Desktop using XP home. One of my laptops uses XP home also and one uses Vista.
I have connected my computers to my network and I went into my desktop and clicked the share printer tab. I also downloaded the drivers for the printer to my laptops but I cant get either laptop to print. What am I doing wrong?
Thanx in advance,
George

A:Connecting a printer to a wireless network

On each pC
- go to your network properties and make sure that you have "File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks" installed under the General tab
- set the workgroup to the same value (e.g. mygroup), and make sure each pc has a unique short name (e.g. pc1, pc2 etc.)
- (temporarily) disable any software firewalls that you are running (ZoneAlaram, Comodo, Windows Firewall etc.)

- make sure the PC with the printer attached is on and the printer is on and working and the printer has a simple share name (e.g. printer1)
- at your XP laptop go to Start->Printers and Faxes->Add New printer, choose Networked printer and then type \\pc1\printer1 (or whatever you called your pc and printer) when prompted for the name
- this shoud now install the printer (note that the full drivers do not need to be installed on each PC for it to be able to print)

If the above works then try it on the Vista PC next and finally reenable your firewall and try and configure it to allow printing.

Sláinte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-a-printer-to-a-wireless-network.848748/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I got an Aspire one laptop loaded with XP and when i tried to connect to the wireless connecting network wireless to not Laptop 2nd it was showing errors such as quot validating connectivity quot no or limited connectivity etc so i thought there may be an issue with drivers or the s w itself and when i checked the deivice manager there were lot of yellow signal and hence i I reinstalled Win XP and now there are no problems in the device manager The wireless network is visible so i guess the 2nd Laptop not connecting to wireless network drivers and the hardware is working fine I know its some setting error that iam making but not sure where iam running a wpa encryption wireless on Belkin G wireless I couldnt find wpa in my xp laptop wireless settings so i chose all the options one by one but none are working The password is the same for the wireless since i set up and i havent changed it ever my other laptop on win ultimate doesnt have any problem as it discovered the wireless and asked for the password only the first time and now connects everytime i switch it on I have in the netwrok options open shared wpa wpa psk options and AES amp TKIP as network authetication Iam just fed up have been trying differnt things for the last one week and tried out many things available on the net but nothing is working hope i get an answer It would be great if some one can help me get the laptop to connect to the wireless network Many Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all I'm on Domain to Connecting Network Wireless testing out Windows Professional on the network we use at a school district All the Connecting to Wireless Network on Domain other machines have Windows XP and work fine but isn't working right now When the XP machines join the domain they have the wireless information sent to them and they automatically connect to the wireless network On the Windows laptop we're using Lenovo R it's on the domain and can get internet if it's plugged in via ethernet but it does not see and can't connect to the network wirelessly If I Connecting to Wireless Network on Domain try to manually connect to it Using WPA-Enterprise encryption with TKIP it still won't connect to the network I tried running group policy update on them but there's still no luck The driver is working becuase we can see wireless networks from homes neighboring the school and our access point is working because the XP machine right next to them picks up the signal just fine Does anyone have any ideas Your help is greatly appreciated Christian

A:Connecting to Wireless Network on Domain

Quote: Originally Posted by cgheilman

I'm testing out Windows 7 Professional on the network we use at a school district. All the other machines have Windows XP and work fine, but 7 isn't working right now.

If I try to manually connect to it (Using WPA-Enterprise encryption with TKIP) it still won't connect to the network.

I tried running group policy update on them, but there's still no luck. The driver is working becuase we can see wireless networks from homes neighboring the school, and our access point is working because the XP machine right next to them picks up the signal just fine.

Christian; Welcome to Windows 7 Forums!! We are here to help, if we can.

Looking at your post, I would like to get the simple questions answered first. It seems it is the laptop that has the problem. You say you tried to "manually connect"? you would need to create the "new wireless connection? Then use "Manage wireless networks" to edit settings?

You also said there are other wireless networks detected? Does the laptop detect these networks but not the school's network?

Workgroup settings, not HomeGroup? What does the troubleshooter tell you? What IP address is DHCP assigning?

Sorry if you have already checked all this out. Post back with more details and lets see what we can find?

Robert

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20523-connecting-wireless-network-domain.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have a netgear router for dsl connection on which i connect several laptops with several operating systems i now want to get internet access an old desktop a Pentium III Win SE I bought a TP-link WN N Wireless USB adapter to try and do this it of course it did not work i told the seller that it wouldn to Wireless a Connecting a III Network Pentium t as it clearly stated it was not tested on anything before win but we decided to try anyway i ll get a refund My question what if any adapters can provide access to a wireless connection for a Pentium III with Win Connecting a Pentium III to a Wireless Network Is there something Connecting a Pentium III to a Wireless Network i can do to make above mentioned TP Link work - I do not care Connecting a Pentium III to a Wireless Network if the adapter is USB or PCI whatever gets the job done will do is my stance unless there is a reason i should care - i may have a problem with availability of the hardware where i am so i need several options and those being from popular makes Thank you so much for your time and effort nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I've just recived a new modem from my isp. Ive connected it up and have got internet... adventually... But every time i direct it into my wireless router then back into the computer, the internet is gone.

Is there a way to refigure the internet options to get my wireless back up again? (im sure there is, just dont have the knowledge doing so)

Before this new modem came, i was able to do so. But now i can't.

if you need any details of any of the hardware. ill be happy to help you with that.

thanks

A:Connecting wireless router to network.

sorry wrong thread....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-wireless-router-to-network.910674/
Relevancy 60.2%

We have printers connected to the network, but I need a standalone printer connected to my workstation due to the confidential nature of some of my printing.

I chose a small wireless printer as I already am being strangled with wires and cables.

I went thru the wireless installation, and was told to connect PC to printer via USB.

I finally got a connection, but not the one I wanted. We also have a wireless router, but connecting to it
I got message saying "a connection was made but your PC is not connected to your printer".

What do I need, a wireless USB adapter connected to PC?

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I'm sure this isn't a unique problem by any means but this is the first time this has happened to me and a quick google search didn't turn up too wireless Keep network from connecting/disconnecting much Today out of the blue I started having trouble connecting to my wireless network It seems to be stuck in an endless loop of attempting to connect to the network It will reach the quot identifying quot stage of attempting to connect stay there for - secs then disconnect This process then repeats ad nauseum There were no major system or software updates of note and I even did a system restore after other attempts to fix the problem to a point a week prior when I did not have this issue Currently I am able to connect to the internet fine via Keep connecting/disconnecting from wireless network a wired connection and other devices are able to connect fine to the wireless network ipad iphone roommates computer etc I am running Keep connecting/disconnecting from wireless network Windows Home Premium bit My laptop is an HP Pavilion dv series I went into the device manager to look at my network adapters and I have listed Intel Centrino Wireless-N Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter and and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller I have made sure all drivers for each network adapter are up to date and I have tried disabling each adapter in turn and the problem persists Running the windows network diagnostic tool turns up nothing useful I do have another troubleshooter program entitled quot Intel PROSet Wireless Tools quot I assume it came with the wireless card It also has a network diagnostic tool and I continually fail the quot Association test quot though I am not quite sure what this means At this point and advice would be appreciated even if it is just pointing me in the right direction Thanks

A:Keep connecting/disconnecting from wireless network

Well you have effectively isolated the problem. The router is fine, since you could connect via Ethernet, and the wireless access point on the router is fine, since other devices are connecting wirelessly. This isolates the problem to your machine. Since I seriously doubt there is a hardware failure with your WiFi card, that leaves something in the software. Since you can connect in some fashion (via Ethernet), Windows is not to blame. The isolates further.. Id say the problem sits between Windows and the physical card, i.e., the driver, the adapter settings/properties, etc.

Not that I think it's relevant, but I would disable the Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapters - I doubt you are using them (the Realtek GBE is your Ethernet). Also, I know you said your drivers are up to date, but are they Microsoft drivers, or Intel drivers? Make sure you have the manufacturers latest driver, not Microsoft's. Or maybe this is the case: I believe Windows Update gives updates to drivers the same way it gives all other updates, so perhaps it is that you have updated your wireless driver recently without knowing it? If so, try rolling back the driver, if possible. I have had to roll back my wireless driver on more than one occasion because there was a problem with it, and couldn't update it again until the manufacturer released a fixed version.

Make note of your Ethernet adapter's settings, then compare them to your wireless settings - not only the IPv4 Properties dialog, but also look over the tick boxes on the adapter settings, where you see IPv4, IPv6, Link-Layer Mapper and Responder, etc. Also, and I probably should've led with this, if you have any Intel (or any other 3rd party) wireless utility running, close it. If it is a 3rd party connection utility, I strongly recommend uninstalling it.

(As a note, the Association of a wireless card with a WiFi network is part of the connection process, taking place after the Probe Request/Response exchange [the Probes are basically just the router and computer making sure each other are there and are talking about the same network]. Anyways, the Association is what gives your computer a status with the router in which the router will start listening to what you send its way. In WPA networks, as well as modern WEP configurations, Association is dependent upon the exchange of credentials [WEP key, pre-shared key, etc.]. Thus, if the Intel diagnostic utility is to be believed, and your wireless password in your wireless network profile is correct, your wireless card would seem to be having problems communicating on the 802.11 [WiFi] standard, further suggesting a driver issue.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279542-keep-connecting-disconnecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I'd like to see if there's a way to wirelessly connect my new smart HDTV to my computer so that I can use the TV as another computer monitor while my computer is in another room of my home through the wireless network). I'm not sure if this is even possible. Thank you.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 20 Model 2 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3579 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6300 series Graphics, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 456838 MB, Free - 203854 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire X1430
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

A:Connecting TV To Computer Through Wireless Network

Intel WiDi will let you do that. You will have to invest in some hardware though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-tv-to-computer-through-wireless-network.1101213/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey I wireless to network! Problem connecting m using a Toshiba Satellite C D with an Atheros ar wireless network adapter on Windows OS bit I have a problem when trying to connect to my home network Occasionally it will connect with internet access but the connection keeps disconnecting sometimes after an hour sometimes after only seconds It s very moody at other times it will connect to the network but will not have internet access When I run windows diagnostics it will come up with different solutions each time - either being quot Verify the network security key quot or quot Restart router or modem quot which proves not to help and at other times it will say there is a problem with Problem connecting to wireless network! the wireless network adapter but cannot fix it I am able to Problem connecting to wireless network! connect to other networks with no problem at all When using the Atheros quot connectivity doctor quot it tells me the problem Problem connecting to wireless network! is that it fails to obtain an IP address but the solutions it provides restart windows restart router have no effect The driver is up to date I have tried many different driver version and I have also done a system restore disabled my anti-virus software and firewalls all with no success The signal for the router is around bars On another laptop using a Realtek wireless adapter the signal is full and able to connect with no problems at all I am unsure what to do and am thinking the only solution would be to buy a new wireless adapter Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Problem connecting to wireless network!

Had a similar issue the other day w/ the same router... Humor me and change your wireless encryption from WPA2 down to WPA, or from WPA to WPA2. Whichever you are using, change it to the other. Also change the password on your wireless network. Then try it. If it still doesn't work, try changing the wireless channel to 1 or 11. If all else fails, reset (not restart/power cycle) your router back to the factory default and re-setup the wifi network. Post back and let me know if this resolves your issues. Take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-connecting-to-wireless-network.179773/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a friend who already has a wireless netowork. The problem is that hes just bought a new Laptop with Wi Fi and it wont connect to the wireless network, The network isnt encrypted and it doent show up either.

I saw SSID network on another one of his laptops, then typed that in maually into the Laptop that cannot connect to the net/network with and it still cant connect!!!

I have tried repair that dont work either.

A:Connecting Laptop to a Wireless Network

Read The Friendly Manual? Especially the part that explains how to enable the wireless radio - usually you have to press some button to do that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-laptop-to-a-wireless-network.49957/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Using my windows XP Pro laptop I am able to View availage wireless Networks that are made available to people of my compound So I select one of the available wireless network and try to connect to it by simply clicking on CONNECT Then I get the message quot Connected to xxx network Signal strength excellent quot But I what's network: Connecting missing? to wireless guess that s not enough because I cannot browse web pages and anyway I do not even get an IP address even after an ipconfig release followed by an ipconfig renew Also how come without providing a Network Key I was able to still connect and how come I was able to connect but not being able to go further What is missing to be able to access the web despite the confirmation that I Connecting to wireless network: what's missing? am connected Do I need to absolutely run at the administrators of those hot spots wireless networks and ask them for some setups Thanks Connecting to wireless network: what's missing? for helping nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I have two network LAPTOP connecting wireless not to dell laptops and one desktop Desktop is connected to router through cable from the router Both laptops were set LAPTOP not connecting to wireless network up to use the wireless network I have Netgear MR router Both were working ok But now one laptop does not connect to the wireless It detects the network with good signal strength but when I click connect it pops up the message quot Windows unable to detect the selected network Network may be out of range quot This laptop had a virus so the data got backed up and the XP operating system got reinstalled by a computer service person After that it stopped connecting to wireless It works when I connect it through the cable Also any other laptop gets connected As per suggestions in this forum I reset the router to factory defaults and added WPA encryption with a password and it still did not work Other laptops are still working Any suggestions are appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:LAPTOP not connecting to wireless network

JohnWill already split out your other posts and started a thread for you: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/610897-wireless-connection-issue.html

I responded there, so please continue there. Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-connecting-to-wireless-network.610987/
Relevancy 60.2%

Am using hp pavilion t550a with xp home and dlink dwl 520 wireless adapter.
Have got internet protocol set to obtain ip & dns automatically.
I get a bubble mess saying that there might be inerference between this computer and the network access point, or the network is refusing access to this computer.

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a new HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Premium.  When I try to connect to my wireless network, I get an error message "Invalid wireless password (WPA) entered". I have three computers connected to the network, all using the same WPA password, so I know that this is the correct password. Can anyone help?

A:Connecting printer to wireless network

Try changing the signal of your wifi router to 802.11bg (both B and G). Worked for me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Connecting-printer-to-wireless-network/td-p/1455325
Relevancy 60.2%

I have recently purchased an Xbox which has a Wifi connection built into it. I can access internet and download via Xbox live. The strngth of the connection to the router seems pretty good

I have also tried to set up Media Centre and have one through the relevant instructions and can successfully connect to my PC to view photos, video etc, however the connection is very poor according to the XBOX and sometimes drops off.

My Set up is a PC with a Thomson V585 v7 wireless router connected via ethernet with one additional PC connecting wirelessly and an XBOX

I dont quite understand how the broadband can have a strong connection whilst the network is weak?

Are there any settings checks I can perform to improve this

Thwnka

Kwack

A:Connecting XBOX to Wireless Network

Is your computer hardwired to the router or wireless? Are they both in the same room, or close to the router? Sometimes, distance playes a huge role, and so does how many barriers the signal has to travel through.

Let us know,
Ben

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/108825-connecting-xbox-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I connect to the wireless network I want By the way this has just happened in the past few days It says Idenfying And thats it Under it it says quot Local quot Yet Not Wireless Identifying Connecting Network, but no quot and Internet quot Im runing Windows on a Compaq Model presario V it is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name bylum-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Network Con nection Physical Address - -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bd e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Wireless Network, Identifying Yet Not Connecting Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R PRO VE Network Connection Physical Address - -D - D- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D- D - - F- A D CF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - Wireless Network, Identifying Yet Not Connecting - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes If you need any extra information feel free to ask I would like to reolve thisn issue as fast as possible ----- gt Right now I am on the laptop in discussion conected directly to the ethernet able from he modem Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless Network, Identifying Yet Not Connecting

can you explain your network - modem, router , make and models
anything else on the router work - is it just your PC

can we see an xirrus screen shot - see below

what security suite / firewall do you have or ever had on the PC ?

also try a tcp/ip reset
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista/Windows 7.

Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start, Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.
Post back the results here - we need to know these commands worked correctly
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-identifying-yet-not-connecting.989302/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a Netgear router, a Dell PC, and a MacBook Pro laptop. Everything was working fine until I tried to connect to my wireless network on my Mac today. I put in my network password on the Mac and it says it is invalid. I have not changed any settings on my PC.

Relevancy 60.2%

Ok i've read near enough every post I can find on this topic but with no help Just got my PC today Desktop and am typing this on my laptop which is connecting to the Wireless network Here's what error i'm receiving quot The computer currently has limited connectivity to quot Wireless network name quot quot It only every see's limited access and I havent had one succesful connection Here's network Windows Wireless to 7 Not connecting HELP! a list of what i've tried - Installed a new Wireless card as Desktop did not come with one the drivers have been fully checked and are up to date according to Windows - Refreshed DNS however this error came up quot An error occurred when renewing the interface quot Wireless connection quot Unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has it's media disconnected quot - I live in a student house and we previously all had problems with our network and our vista laptop we all had to disable ipv and I had to disable uPnP in router settings Router is a Netgear WGR v Wireless card is Windows 7 Not connecting to Wireless network HELP! a Sweex MBPS wireless card And Device manager displays this as quot Realtek Extensible b g Wireless Device quot With quot Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller quot underneath Thanks for any advice i'm really stuck

A:Windows 7 Not connecting to Wireless network HELP!

Quote: Originally Posted by AlwaysInNeed

Ok, i've read near enough every post I can find on this topic but with no help. Just got my PC today (Desktop) and am typing this on my laptop which is connecting to the Wireless network.

Here's what error i'm receiving "The computer currently has limited connectivity to "Wireless network name""
It only every see's limited access and I havent had one succesful connection.

Here's a list of what i've tried;

- Installed a new Wireless card as Desktop did not come with one, the drivers have been fully checked and are up to date according to Windows 7.
- Refreshed DNS, however, this error came up "An error occurred when renewing the interface "Wireless connection 2" : Unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out. No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has it's media disconnected"
- I live in a student house and we previously all had problems with our network and our vista laptop, we all had to disable ipv6 and I had to disable uPnP in router settings.

Router is a Netgear WGR614v9.
Wireless card is a Sweex 54 MBPS wireless card.
And Device manager displays this as "Realtek 8185 Extensible 80.11b/g Wireless Device"
With "Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller" underneath.
Thanks for any advice, i'm really stuck.

AIO welcome

a couple of things you can try to narrow down what it can be. I assume since IPv6 is disabled you are NOT using 'homegroup'. hoomegroup needs IPv6.

now type ipconfig /flushdns followed by ipconfig /renew. does this help?
run ipconfig /all use the snipping tool (type snipping tool in search to make a screen shot of the output.

try pinging msn.com

let us know the results

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/54518-windows-7-not-connecting-wireless-network-help.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everyone, I recently had to format my hard drive and reinstall vista onto my laptop. Since then, I haven't been able to connect to either my home router, or more recently (since I moved to my Dad's) to his router. Every time I try and connect it says "Wireless association failed due to an unknown reason." My only options are "Try connecting to Livebox-3268 again", which results in a repeat of the original message after an attempt at repairing, or to "View available wireless networks", of which there aren't any.

Any help with this situation would be much appreciated, I can post any details of my laptop and router on request, although I am a bit of a beginner with computers so you may have to bear with me if I need a few extra steps to clarify how to do something.

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Problem connecting to my wireless network

Open Device Manager and see if there are any red x's or yellow flags next to your network adapter. Next, open a command prompt and type the following without the quotes and paste all the results back here, "ipconfig /all". Also check, open IE, click Tools, Internet Options, Connection Tab and then the LAN Tab and in the window that opens make sure that all the check boxes are clear, if not clear them and close IE and re-open IE.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/281909-problem-connecting-my-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've enabled all the the security features of my home wireless network, ie WPA with pre shared key and only MAC addresses I specify can connect. There is an option to turn off the beacon of my router. I can see the benefits of not advertising the presence of my network, but how do I connect to it with the beacon off? I mainly connect with my pocket PC where I have specified the correct network name, but whenever the beacon is off it lists the network as 'unavailable'.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I am trying to connect an Canon ip4200 printer to a wireless network.

The wireless network is via a Siemens 6250 wireless router, connected via LAN cable to a desktop computer running windows XP. The printer connects to this computer via USB cable. There is two laptops connected to the wireless network which i would like to be able to print from, both running windows XP.

Can i set it up with the current equipment but require having the desktop computer running to print or is there a way to directly connect the printer to the wireless router?

Thanks for any help coming my way!

Relevancy 60.2%

i'm making this post only to help others that may run into the problem hopefully google will pick this up too i have experienced a problem only connecting network wireless for slow FIX to in vista my wireless network would work perfect then i'd make a change to it like its wireless security settings and then it would not connect at all or a lot slower than it used to even after rebooting it would take a while to connect with all the settings correct i've also noticed windows XP does not have this problem at all eventually i found a solution to this problem if you're going to make a change to your wireless connection first delete your wireless network adapter in device manager reboot and windows should reinstall your wireless adapter be sure to have your drivers ready in case you're not using a windows driver also make sure you saved any network settings that you will need to re-enter i have done this twice now and it always makes my wireless connection start up right away i FIX for slow connecting to wireless network think deleting the adapter completely wipes out the old wireless settings FIX for slow connecting to wireless network that might confuse vista and FIX for slow connecting to wireless network make it slow to connect

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245171-fix-slow-connecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I know this question has been asked before specifically for me i just changed the hard drive on my hp compaq nc windows xp i went to hp com and installed drivers broadcast wireless LAN driver broadcast wireless LAN network adaptors user interface broadcast wireless LAN network adaptors drivers for window xp rebooted still connecting....HP wireless network Solved: not can t connect to wireless connection click on icon - no wireless networks in range before i changed hard drive i was only using library and barnes nobles for connecting to internet wireless i do not have a modem router isp - just use store library I am able to connect using an Solved: wireless network not connecting....HP ethernet cable and connecting to library wall connection wasn t at first but then ran a winstock code or something and it worked for ethernet connxn appreciate the help cmd prompt - node type unknown - ip routing enabled no - WINS proxy enable no - broadcom netxtreme gigabit ethernet - dhcp and autoconfig enabled yes - media state media disconnected - numbers address present for all of ip address subnet mask Solved: wireless network not connecting....HP default gateway dhcp server dns servers - description broadcom b g WLAN nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all Wireless to Network Connecting Issues I ve searched around the forum trying to find an issue similar to mine and didn t seem to find anything so hopefully I m not posting a repeat Two weeks ago I purchased an Asus G Connecting to Wireless Network Issues VW from Best Buy here s a link Connecting to Wireless Network Issues to the item s page http www bestbuy com site Asus - amp skuId amp st asus g amp cp amp lp So I wasn t having any issues until I came back to my apartment from visiting my parents over the weekend but when I returned I noticed that my wireless connection would drop internet not network connection and then re-establish it rather quickly Progressively it began to drop more and more often I tried a system restore to a week beforehand and I then could not get any internet connection I undid that system restore and now I cannot connect to the internet at all but still connect to the network Also I plugged the ethernet cable directly from the modem to the computer and I cannot get internet access from that My older laptop my xbox and my roommate s laptop are not experiencing any of these problems which leads me to believe it is an issue with my computer For what it s worth however I have a Linksys E router I sent an email to Asus Technical support but I m pretty upset that a brand new laptop is having these issues so I was hoping I could get some help here Any bit would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a laptop with windows 2000. I reinstalled windows 2000 and the software for the wireless card. The card is working but on the bottom right of the taskbar I have the "network card unplugged" icon. Why does it say this when the card is installed and working and how do I fix it.

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I have a linksys wireless router Model #:BEFW11S4 version 4. I initially tried to configure the router from my laptop instead of my desktop and later configured properly from my desktop. Since that day, I have not been able to connect to my wireless n/w though everyone else in my house are able to connect from their laptop with the WEP key that I setup. Could you please help.

A:Problem connecting to wireless network

First try to connect with encryption disabled. If unsuccessful, exactly what do you do and what happens? What operating system and service pack level do you have? What wireless adapter are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-connecting-to-wireless-network.607773/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Forum,I replaced the faulty hard drive of my laptop and installed Windows 7 64bit on the new drive. The original drive came with Vista Basic. Everything works fine except it does not connect to wireless network.It also does not open network sharing centre.Furthermore, when I open device manager under network adapters > Network controller > General it says ' No driver's installed for this device'. Finally below the network adapter there is 'other devices' > unknown devices with a yellow exclamation mark.Please help

A:Laptop not connecting to wireless network

Hi: There can be one of several different wireless network adapters installed in your PC. Please post the hardware ID for the network controller. To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the Network Controller needing drivers. Then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window. Also do the same for the unknown device (s), as there are a few devices that can be labled that way.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Laptop-not-connecting-to-wireless-network/td-p/5648774
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi have installed Windows 8 on my MacBook Pro Retina Display 15" via Bootcamp.

Everything works perfectly, except for when I try to connect to a new wireless network. it just hangs on trying to connect and I cant even hit CANCEL.

However if I create the network profile and reboot my machine it connects to the wireless network via the profile with no dramas.

but as soon as I want to connect to a new wireless network it just hangs. I cant cancel out.

anyone seen this before? can you help pls?

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,

I have a toshiba satellite laptop with a Cisco wireless LAN adapter. At school, I use VPN dialer to access the school's secure wireless network. But at home, even though my computer detects several local wireless networks, I cannot tap into any of them to browse the internet or check e-mail... even when the signal strength is "good" to "very good." A couple of my friends have come over to my place, and their laptops have been able to access the internet through these networks just fine... but for some reason, my laptop can't.

Can someone help? I would really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance.

A:Problem connecting to wireless network

"Cannot" means what? Your fingers don't bend to click the mouse button?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-connecting-to-wireless-network.26014/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys i am new to this thread so forgive me if i dont not Laptop wireless to network connecting know how to do something Basically my laptop won t connect to my wireless network it just stopped connecting yesterday for no apparent reason the wifi works with my phones and other laptop but not my laptop I restarted my router laptop did a system restore and factory restore but no luck I ve spent ages trying to fix this I would really appreciate some help here are specs from ipcongif Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users donnie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name donnie-PC Primary Laptop not connecting to wireless network Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled Laptop not connecting to wireless network No DNS Suffix Search List setup net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - -F - B- C-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - -F - B- C-CA DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix setup net Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - - C- -C DHCP Laptop not connecting to wireless network Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f a ebae fe Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December Lease Expires December Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -AF- - - - - - C- -C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap EEDA -B - -BFE -A DEE E C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap setup net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix setup net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A B - A - -A -AD C BED Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d c f f Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe f f Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Users donnie gt nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

I have fiberhome an1020-25 router. Last night wireless was working fine, but today it doesn't connect to internet even the signal is strong. When i try to connect with it. It says there might be interference between this computer and the network access point,k or the network is refusing access to this computer. I tried to repair and other things. but Nothing worked. Other Computer connected through lan works fine.

Any reply will be useful

A:Solved: Not connecting to wireless Network.

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-not-connecting-to-wireless-network.1037862/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I ve got a problem i hope someone can help me with I ve recently moved and i want to connect to the existing wireless network in my new place But this seems to be cause me some trouble and i have to admit i m not that up to date with wireless networking Heres the run down of the setup Main Router Netgear DG G v House PC adapter Netgear WG T MY PC Bufflo WHR-G Router Access Point Bridge The House PC has no problem connecting to the network through Netgear s setup utility The problems start when i try to setup my Buffalo in bridge mode - help network Wireless to Trouble connecting Please The documentation provided assumes you are connecting with other buffalo products And when i go through the steps for Please help - Trouble connecting to Wireless network the set up the connection dies on the house PC Why this happens i don t know and to make it worse the buffalo still doesn t connect I m probably doing something obvious but i can t figure it out Does anyone have any experience connecting the Buffalo bridge to an existing wireless network I know this isn t much to go on but since i don t know whats wrong i don t know what information will be useful Thanks in advance KE nbsp

A:Please help - Trouble connecting to Wireless network

If you mean that you are trying to configure it as a wireless bridge (AP client) I don't see in the manual that such is even supported. Just what are you doing--what connections, what settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-trouble-connecting-to-wireless-network.734720/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a dell windows xp laptop. I keep getting messages that say i need ip address. Also it say limited or no conectivity because the network did not assign a network address to the computer. When I hit repair and it tries to aquire or renew ip address it tells me to contact manager of my network......me.

Can anyone walk me thru this simple problem.

Frustrated

A:need help connecting wireless laptop to my network....

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-connecting-wireless-laptop-to-my-network.836352/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All,

I was trying to create a wireless adhoc network and starting facing an issue.

I created a wireless adhoc computer to computer network connection, but when I go to "View Available Wireless Networks" this never shows up...?

If it's not showing up how do I connect ? and why it's not showing up ?

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-connecting-to-wireless-ad-hoc-network-294895.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a wireless router connected to a cable modem, and a wire to one PC. The router is a linksys wrt54gs. I installed a pci adapter (linksys model wmp54gs) in another PC but can not get it to connect to the internet wirelessly (it connects fine with the wire). Both PCs are running Windows XP.

My PC says that the wireless adapter is disconnected, and I can not get it to connect to the network.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 60.2%

Hiya I m a bit stuck and have searched a lot of forums but can t seem to sort this out I ve got a wireless network set up with my pc connected directly to router and laptop connected wirelessly to router and latop connected wirelessly to router I ve also connected my xbox wirelessly to the router All can access the internet My pc can see the laptops and the laptops can see my pc all in same workgroup My xbox can connect to the laptops and stream music videos etc from them But it s not seeing my pc which is where most of my music and vids are stored Is this something to do with the fact that my pc is directly connect to the router Even though everything is on the same network At first I thought it was the firewall on my pc but I switched this off and still no joy I m sure there must be simple answer but I just don t know it Thanks nbsp PC 360 Connecting on to Xbox network wireless

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi guys and gals , wondering if you can help me out on this one . Ive had my Samsung R60+ laptop a while now and have not had any trouble connecting it to the BT broadband in work . We have a Inspiron 530 desktop computer at home , and is connected to AOL broadband via a Speedtouch 585 router ( which i am told is wireless ) . But i cant for the life of me manage to connect the laptop to the internet when im at home , and AOL are as much help to me as a chocolate teapot in the dessert , so please please please help my out! lol

Relevancy 60.2%

We recently moved to a new internet provider and a new infrastructure company.

We got a "Hotbox" as it's called, wireless router + modem + phone hub or whatever.

When i connect to it from pc, i check "connect automatically" like i did with former network. Every time I turn the pc on, however, it doesnt connect. Like it forgot i asked it to.
It should be mentioned: when i restart the computer, in seems to auto connect to network. When i turn off, and then after some time back on, it doesnt connect.

Any help is appreciated.
I live in israel, and the infrastructure company is HOT, supplier is Netvision.

A:PC not automatically connecting to wireless network

anyone?
Important: it seems this problem occurs only on my PC. the netbook we have , Win7 Basic , 32bit i think, doesnt have this issue. Nor do smartphones.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/265348-pc-not-automatically-connecting-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.2%

The other day the parents went out and bought a new computer Acer aspire I think one of the mini laptops Has windows started it up got it going except for the internet I m trying to connect it to a wireless home network but the closest i ve gotten is at one point it said limited connectivity The other three computers we have to New wireless Solved: network. not PC connecting all connect fine and dandy I ve tried everything the troubleshooting guide said I reset the router I reset the modem I reset the router and the modem at the same time I unplugged waited seconds and plugged them back in I checked the Solved: New PC not connecting to wireless network. network password multiple times It can see the network the network strength is excellent But when I try to connect it comes back with unable to connect to the network Almost like it s taunting me So any ideas Am I missing out on something horribly obvious that hasn t occurred to me yet Should I just go ahead and sell my soul to the devil Is this punishment because I have a mac Any and all help would be wonderful Cheers -Mike nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Could anyone offer any help or advice to connect my partner's laptop to my wireless network?

The router is a Sagem provided by my ISP (Sky). The wireless connection works fine on my MacBook, and various other devices connect no problem with the security key.

However, his laptop (Windows Vista) will not connect wirelessly. After entering the password, it says it can't connect because it 'times out' (we are obviously entering the password immediately with no delay). It connects fine with an ethernet cable. It will also connect to an unsecured wireless network we can pick up.

The security setup is WPA-PSK with TKIP encryption, and we've made sure he is using these settings.

If it might be important, he has just moved here, and previously his laptop was connected to another Sky router with no problems.

Any help would be welcome - many thanks.

A:Connecting second laptop to wireless network

Make sure he has the latest wireless driver. If the adapter is integrated it should be from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

Make sure you are not locking him out with MAC Address Filtering on the router.

Disable encryption on the router and try to connect. Assuming success re-enable encryption and try to connect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-second-laptop-to-wireless-network.1012277/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Everyone,

I have searched the forum and has read many different topics on issues with connecting Vista to a printer on Xp box, via network.

I have tried many different ways that have been suggested but still can't get teh printer installed.

This is my set-up:-
Printer:- Epson R310
XP Box: Hp Media Centre running Media Centre SP2
Vista Laptop: running Vista Home Premium 32bit
Router: D-link DI-634M

The error I am getting is "Windows cannot connect to the printer. Access is denied."

Any help would be great appreciated.

A:Connecting Printer on Wireless Network

Hi, nashie

Silly question to start of with, but have you set up a home network ?
If so is the network the same name on both computers ?
Have you also enabled file and printer sharing ?

I had trouble with XP I am connected to the XP through a Netgear and it was a little bit of a nightmare,.

Steve.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/146676-connecting-printer-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 60.2%

When i try to connect my xbox 360 to my wirless network via belkin wirless router and then try and connect my wirless laptop it says their is an error with the IP. So im gessing that my xbox and my computer are using the same IP address and my computer wont let it. I dont know but any help will be great thxs.

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a wireless network at home but my laptop does not connect to it. The network works as my iPhone connects to it az well as my PS3. The laptop finds the network and has full bars for connectivity but it is only on a local network. I don't have a P.C in the home, the only time I can go online is when the laptop is plugged in. My laptop operates with vista.

Relevancy 60.2%

My HP Mini netbook shows the wireless network that I have here at home, but even after putting in the password, it does not connect to the wireless network. It says "Acquiring Network address" but never connects. My other laptop (a Sony Vaio) and my dvd blue-ray player connect just fine to the wireless network and only this netbook doesn't. I have no clue how to get it to connect. Here is the information from the IPCONFIG /ALL:

Windows IP Configuration
Host Name ........................... : your-6c359a3bdc
Primary Dns Suffic ................ :
Node Type ........................... : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled................ : No
WINS Proxy Enabled ............ : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Media State ......................... : Media disconnected
Description .......................... : 802.11n Wireless LAN Card
Physical Address ................. : 00-1B-41-F2-44

Thanks in advance for any help that is provided.

A:Hp Mini not connecting to wireless network

Were you ever able to connect this PC to that particular wireless network? If so ...

Try with the router's encryption disabled. Assuming success you can probably re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-mini-not-connecting-to-wireless-network.1050416/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an old dell "1997" , Latitude LM 133, windows 95, no usb ports , I switched from dial -up to DSL for new cpu. I made a wireless network with D- Link router for direct TV and tivo updates. I would like to use dell on the wireless network. But all D-Link pcmica cards state they work only with windows 2000. I would like to use the dsl connection but not sure how to make it work

Relevancy 60.2%

I have a vista x64 pc and and belkin g router model F5D7230-4 and i just got a gigabyte GN-WP01GS wireless card. It picks up the network excellent but when it trys to connect it some times says succesfull or unsuccessfull. When it says it succeds it stil doesnt connect to the router b/c i cant go to the routers options or other pc's. I've disabled firewalls. Im thinking the wireless card might not be compatible with the router but that is the last thing i want to hear. If you need more info just let me know. Thanks.

A:problems connecting wireless desktop pc to belkin g router

Hi,lamborn5
welcome to vist forums.
your belkin router is in 54g or 802.11g? is router equiped with MIMO?
you PC desktop or laptop?
most likly whats wrong is the area your computer is in.
eg:your router upstairs and your pc downstairs router have issues traveling vertical. Also this wireless card is it a BELKIN product? if not you may want to exchange it for a belkin product.the other options are to have a look at BELKIN USB wireless adabters which sit on your desk. and they recive much stronger signal.
check out Belkin : Home
this link will also explain what maybe wrong as you may have the wrong type of hardware for your home/office
http://www.belkin.com/flash/networking/

BELKIN also offer 24/7 tech service on
1 800 2BELKIN

thanks
skript kiddie.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/209567-problems-connecting-wireless-desktop-pc-belkin-g-router.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I bought a new desktop with XP and I need to connect it to a netwok printer running through a Netgear Rangemax Wireless Router. The printer is a HP Officejet 7300 Series. Any suggestion on the settings. I even have the URL address of the HP printer from it's HP Configuration Page.
Thanks!

A:Connecting desktop computer to network printer

I didn't know I had to install the HP driver. So I did and it connected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-desktop-computer-to-network-printer.753827/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to connect a printer to a laptop over a network, without a desktop pc connected to the printer. This printer isn't a wireless printer, but i'm fairly sure that it is connect to the wireless modem. The laptop is an oldish dell latitude d505 running windows XP. The problem i'm having is that the printer used to be the desktop printer, but since the desktop is no longer there, I think its causing the issues between the printer and the laptop. If it is a very arduous process then I may just get a wireless printer. Thanks in advance for any of your help.

If this has already been covered in another post, i'm sorry, I didn't see it.

Relevancy 59.77%

Ok, my current Linksys BEFSR41 ver. 3 Router uses the standard ethernet connection between each of the computers for internet access (4 computers using direction connection at my house). Right now the radio box, you could call it a modem but our isp calls them radio boxes, receives the internet and we have a cord going from that to our router. The 4 ethernet cords plug from the router into each of our computers. The reason I bring up the wireless internet and wireless routers is for the sole use of internet on my PSP.

Is there a way I can stay maintan my non-wireless setup but have a wireless router with actually computer connected just my psp? If you need more information please ask, also what is the cheapest wireless router out there, that anybody is aware of. Speed is no issue because I know I won't be pushing the bandwidth limits on a 45kb/s max download connection.

Relevancy 59.34%

Hope someone can help. The main PC with the modem/router is downstairs. My son's PC is upstairs and connects to mine wirelessly. His xbox is also upstairs. What is the easiest way to connect to xbox live? He has a Network internet adaptor on his PC. I run Windows vista and he runs windows xp.

A:Connecting xbox live to wireless network

Are you sure his machine connects to yours and not the router? If this is an Ad-Hoc connection to your machine, I think I'd address that first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-xbox-live-to-wireless-network.783425/
Relevancy 59.34%

First, let me say I'm not very adept at this so I may get the terminology wrong. I have a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop with an Intel Pro/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection. The laptop is running on Windows XP Professional 2002.I have a Linksys Wireless Broadband Router Model number WRT160N. The router and connection are fine as I can connect another laptop without any problems. When I try to connect with the Inspiron 600m I get a pop up saying "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection" Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get this to connect. Thanks a bunch.

Relevancy 59.34%

I wireless network with iBook connecting existing currently have PCs connected to a wireless router These PCs are connected using cable they are not wireless The router allows them to share files and printers I also have my TIVO box using this same router The TIVO uses it wirelessly everyday so I know the wireless is working connecting iBook with existing wireless network My son brought home his iBook from school There are a lot of connecting iBook with existing wireless network administrative restrictions set up on his iBook but it DOES work wirelessly when he is at school The iBook finds my router and can easily sees our home network I can access all the shared files I figured out how to add our home printers the only problem being that I cannot add the drivers administrative restriction Luckily my laserjet driver was already on the iBook so that works perfectly My photosmart was not on the iBook so i selected a different photosmart printer that was on the iBook The iBook will communicate with the photosmart but I haven t tested it enough to know if there will be problems Anyway here is my question The iBook obviously sees my router b c it can access my PC files HOWEVER I cannot get an internet connection The airport shows my router and the three lines for the airport are darkened indicating a connection I think How do I get this iBook to access my internet Again it sees the school internet just fine But when I go to Safari and try a webpage nothing I should mention that I am a COMPLETE iBook novice I have never even turned on an iBook before this However I am fairly knowledgeable with PCs Thank you for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connecting-ibook-with-existing-wireless-network.513737/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am having problems connecting to our wifi I am able to actually connect and signal strength is good or very good however I am never able to use internet explorer as it doesn t display the webpage I am able to connect to the network using an ipod touch and an i-phone but not my netbook strangely Can anyone see anything wrong on the following Any help would be greatly appreciated Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Ant gt network connecting to wireless problems Solved: Having ipconfig all Windows Solved: Having problems connecting to wireless network IP Configuration Host Name acer- a bd Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast E thernet NIC Physical Address - E- -B - D- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Ad apter Physical Address - - Solved: Having problems connecting to wireless network - D-FC- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained September Lease Expires September nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Dell Laptop , Windows 7, cannot connect to wireless network, Dell Tech's cannot connect to wieless network, Internet service provider cannot connect to wireless network, Seeking logical and Tech Savy Reccomendations

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e698765-d405-47df-a99c-a798093b053c/help-connecting-dell-windows-7-to-wireless-network?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 59.34%

hey i have a desktop comuter that i usually go online with using wireless the computer i am on right now is have the Wireless Problem with that I a in Connecting past. Network used always the main center of the wireless signal and hookup in the past i have been able to connect to the network without problem however as of late my computer will just not connect when clicking the view wireless networks on my computer it will pick up the signal at a high strength and speed and whatever Problem Connecting with a Wireless Network that I have always used in the past. but when i try to connect it will either just not connect or will say limited or no connectivity which is always no connectivity for me like i said i had always used the network no problem so i already have my computer added to the system and everything and the signal is being picked up but it just wont connect i click on my connection and click the repair button and it still does nothing saying things like problem exists because you could not renew your IP address or your computer was not given an address and could not connect to network even though every time the signal is noticed but just not connected to pleeeeease help i m a student and desperately need the internet to do all of my work nbsp

A:Problem Connecting with a Wireless Network that I have always used in the past.

I assume you're on windows xp. Right click the wireless terminal icon on the bottom right, and click Open Network Connections. Right click the Wireless Network Connection and click Properties. Under "This connection uses the following items:" (scroll down if necessary) double click "Intenet Protocol". On the window that appears, make sure "Obtain an IP address automatically" and "Obtain DNS server address automatically" are selected. Click OK (maybe a few times) and try repair again. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-connecting-with-a-wireless-network-that-i-have-always-used-in-the-past.101025/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Everyone,

I am attempting to setup an Ad Hoc Wireless Network between two Windows 7 computers. On my Desktop Computer I have created the actual network as per the screen shots below -

The end result is an Ad Hoc network available through my Desktop Computer -

However even though the network is seen as available from the laptop, when a connection is attempted there is an error -

A few additional points -
I have tried dhcp & manually setting the I.P. address on both computers (with the same result)
Both computers belong to the same Workgroup
Both have file sharing enabled
Both have Network Discovery enabled
I chose no security to rule out encryption

If anybody has any idea of what I am missing here can you please share?

Kind Regards

Davo