Windows Support Forum

Dlink router settings

Q: Dlink router settings

I was having trouble with my wireless router, even when connected by a cable. I was getting the message "DNS server not responding".

I played with the settings and it seems to be working now.

What does "Enable WAN Ping Respond" do?
What does "Enable DNS relay" do?
Should avoid arp attack be enabled? (It seems obvious it should be but by default it was disabled).

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Dlink router settings

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Dlink router settings

Which model Router do you have. So we all can help you out.
Disconnect the WAN (internet yellow or blue port) first
Power cycle the Router unplug it

Power cycle the modem first wait 30 seconds then connect the power.
Turn on back the Router
Connect the Router to the Modem
It should get IP from your ISP and DNS Servers should be one to two of them listed.
All PCs on your network should be powered cycled or rebooted a this point.

Notice: Your New Router comes with CD use that to setup it up your new router. Leave the defaults active unless you know what your doing and until you get use too your router features.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dlink-router-settings.196012/
Relevancy 78.26%

the date setting on my computer is wrong...but when i try to set it to the correct date, i am unable to connect to my router...help pls...

A:Time settings on Dlink dir615 wireless router

First, make sure the Time service is Auto started
run->cmd->services.msc; pull to the bottom, look for Windows Time.
it should be Startup Type: Automatic

Second; connect the system directly to your modem
(Be sure your firewall is active!)

The system should adjust the time by itself. If it does not, you need to open port 123 for udp any src/dst ip address.

Good time to find your ISP Gateway address while cabled to the modem;
un->cmd /k ipconfig /all
The Gateway Address shown will be that of the ISP; give it a ping while you're here;
ping whatever-address-is-shown.

Now disconnect from the Modem and recable to the router. Verify you get tcp settings updated
run->cmd /k ipconfig /all
Your router assigned ip,gateway, and dns addresses should be shown.

Now ping The Gateway Address again. If this returns
timing info, then one last test;
run->cmd /k nslookup google.com
and you should get back the ip-address of google.

Your browser should now run correctly if nslookup is workin\g.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/time-settings-on-dlink-dir615-wireless-router.106259/
Relevancy 66.65%

Guys I just want you to look at my setup in my net cafe as of now if there will be some problems that may occur... ANd I also have a question regarding this setup...

ISP's are from same provider using a Motorola Canopy.
Routers are connected for gamers to play LAN games.
Router 1 has an IP of 192.168.0.1
Router 2 has an IP of 192.168.0.2
Default Gateway of Client PC's and Server 1 connected in Router 1 were configured manually to 192.168.0.1
Default Gateway of Client PC's and Server 2 connected in Router 2 were configured manually to 192.168.0.2

My question is...
Will both of my Internet Connections work together???
or One Connection will automatically shut down and all of the PC's will hook their internet connections to the other one???

Any answers or suggestions to make my setup better will be appreciated...

Thank you very much...

A:Dlink DI-604 to Dlink DI-604 router to router connection

I think you are likely to have issues here, why not simply use a dual-WAN router, much cleaner and it will provide automatic load balancing and fail-over functionality.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-di-604-to-dlink-di-604-router-to-router-connection.929008/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all,

I am new to TechSpot. Actually, I need some help setting up my wireless network at home. currently, I am using Dlink 502T DSL router for internet and trying to connect the Dlink router to Netgear wireless router WGR614 for wirelss internet connection to other PC's. Could anybody please tell me how to connect these routers. I am trying to connect Dlink with netgear but i am unable to configure the same. When i use Dlink router directly with the PC, my internet works fine but when i try to use netgear inbetween Dlink router and a PC, my internet stops working. Please suggest. I want to distribute internet to my other computer thru netgear wireless router. please help...

ndhingra
http://www.techspot.com/vb/images/icons/icon5.gif

A:how to configure Dlink ADSL router and Netgear Wireless router for internet distrib

Ndhingra said:

Hi all,

I am new to TechSpot. Actually, I need some help setting up my wireless network at home. currently, I am using Dlink 502T DSL router for internet and trying to connect the Dlink router to Netgear wireless router WGR614 for wirelss internet connection to other PC's. Could anybody please tell me how to connect these routers. I am trying to connect Dlink with netgear but i am unable to configure the same. When i use Dlink router directly with the PC, my internet works fine but when i try to use netgear inbetween Dlink router and a PC, my internet stops working. Please suggest. I want to distribute internet to my other computer thru netgear wireless router. please help...

ndhingra
http://www.techspot.com/vb/images/icons/icon5.gifClick to expand...

The easiest way is to run the CD that should have come with the Router, if you havent got it then you will have to configure it manually.

Full instructions can be found on the netgear website here.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-configure-dlink-adsl-router-and-netgear-wireless-router-for-internet-distrib.60584/
Relevancy 58.91%

Im running an internet cafe and having problems right now coz i cant figure how to connect both Dlink DI-604 router together. Yes, I have 2 routers with both different internet connections but with the same provider and with this im running my internet cafe with 2 servers. Now, i just want it to run with one server but im having problems with the two routers coz i dont know how to set it up and i just cant discard my other internet connection if i just run it with one router. Because the greatest internet connection here in my province so far is only 1 mbps!!!

I appreciate any kind of help and suggestions... And sorry for my bad english... Thank you very much...

Relevancy 58.91%

Im running an internet cafe and having problems right now coz i cant figure how to connect both Dlink DI-604 router together. Yes, I have 2 routers with both different internet connections but with the same provider and with this im running my internet cafe with 2 servers. Now, i just want it to run with one server but im having problems with the two routers coz i dont know how to set it up and i just cant discard my other internet connection if i just run it with one router. Because the greatest internet connection here in my province so far is only 1 mbps!!!

I appreciate any kind of help and suggestions... And sorry for my bad english... Thank you very much...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dlink-di-604-router-to-router-connection-help.145534/
Relevancy 58.48%

Could somebody please walk me through the set up of the router? There's so many options, manual internet set up, automatic internet set up, networking setup.

The Quick CD installation didn't help as it got stuck trying to find the router.

Do i need to connect the ethernet wire to my modem then connect my computer to it wirelessly?
Do I need to connect the ehernet wire to my modem and connect my computer to it via another ethernet port in the router?
Do I even need to connect my ethernet wire to my modem in the first place?

Relevancy 58.48%

i have a Dlink router DI-514 that on a daily basis will change time.........like today the system ( router ) time reads 14 july 1967......it was set to the correct time yesterday but it continues to change.

any thoughts?

Relevancy 58.48%

does any one know why a dlink router won't turn on after being unplugged now it won't light back up

Relevancy 58.48%

my dlink router will only work with certain sites, while hooked up with my xbox but when im not using the router it works just fine please help i couldnt find anyone else that knew what to do.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-dlink-di-604-router-224482.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a dlink 615 router for my broadband at home.the other day it wouldn't connect so i try logging into the router with my user name and password and it wouldn't let me access it.the only way i could get in was to use the name admin and no password.its not been hacked.when i was in the setting my user name and password are still there.so why i'm i not able to set a new password or user name.
first time its happend
whats going on.

cheers

Relevancy 58.48%

am using a dlink router model num d link vwr> when i connect my lap top ( os: vista) i get "this computer is connected to an unknown network" an am getting the 169.254.x.x ip address > tired release and renew > butstill no go> what can be done

A:dlink router

Click on the box to always connect to that particular network. It will never be unknown again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-router.611488/
Relevancy 58.48%

i have an old dlink di-524 router and it does not stream videos from netflix and surf the internet well
my streaming device is wireless and i am hard wired to pc for internet
are there settings that i can configure for better streaming

Relevancy 58.48%

Hey all,

Trying to connect to my dlink di-604 router. Network consists of 1 desktop and a laptop, both are running winxp home sp1.
Internet works fine without setting up behind the router. Cable modem is a surfboard Sb5100.
Both Pcs are configured for obtaining an ip address and dns server automatically. When i connect the router to the desktop and obtain an Ip address when connected through the router, I get a 169.x.x.x. (invalid ip address) OR i sometimes get my external IP address and I can connect to the internet using the desktop, while the laptop (if i connect it to the router) gets the 169 ip addy.

thx for your help

Relevancy 58.48%

Is anyone having problems with intermittent wireless connectivity with the dir-655 router, or is it just me?Sometimes it works & sometimes it don't! It's been perfect for 6 mo's but lately have experienced problems with it. I've queried the guys in Bombay,Calcutta, & New Delhi & have tried several of their suggestions to no avail.I'm beginning to wonder if they haven't led me down the proverbial path & gotten things really screwed up! I'm running WinXp, SP2
Should I consider pushing the "reset" & start all over again? What's the consensus of opinion? Thanks
Ben
Afterthought: Maybe this post belongs better on the "Networking" forum.If an administrator sees this could you please move it? Thanks

A:dlink router

Try updating the firmware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-router.721640/
Relevancy 58.48%

Just yesterday I bought a dlink dir- router for my other computer a windows xp I have three different ones two DIR-615 Dlink Router windows sevens and the aforementioned xp The only one with a working internet connection is my laptop and I was told that I would be Dlink DIR-615 Router able to split that connection to the other computers with a router Unfortunately it Dlink DIR-615 Router was not to be as I have been trying since yesterday to get a decent connection without having the warning sign Network has limited access etc etc I can't even get a secure connection with my laptop because I had no router and I was also told that this one would let me set up a secure connection Along with the router I have a dlink wireless adapter that was supposed to pick up connections on my inactive computers but the signals are so damn crappy its no use A direct answer to a direct question would be of tremendous help though Do I need a landline service from time warner to have this thing work Because if I do I think I'm going to smash it against the wall pretty soon No smart language please I'm new in this subject Thanks

A:Dlink DIR-615 Router

Is your laptop wireless or wired?
What were you using/are still using for the laptop to stay on the internet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/105947-dlink-dir-615-router.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I am wondering if there is a way that I can keep my IPAD2 connected to the router all the time without having to type in the pass key alphnumeric number each time. My laptop does not require this and wondering if there is some way the IPAD2 can be set up to keep this long pass key in memory?

A:IPAD2 and Dlink Router

whats the model of the d-link is it dual band router
there have been issues with dual band routers

also see here
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3304

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipad2-and-dlink-router.1043935/
Relevancy 57.62%

I hope i am at the right forum
I am trying to installed in my windows xp media center computer but somehow when I plug the ethernet to the wireless router and the ethernet from computer to router my internet does not work. Is it possible that my computer does not handle the router.
Please help.
Thank you

Relevancy 57.62%

I have a D-link dl-624 router and I have 2 desktops and a laptop computer connected via ethernet cables. I have downloaded the latest firmware from the dlink website. The problem is I keep getting automatically disconnected and reconnected every few minutes, like more than hundreds of times a day!! The disconnection lasts a few seconds and I get a pop-up window informing me that I'm offline and then a few seconds later informing me that I'm connected to the net!! I have disconnected the router and connected my desktop direct to the modem, an ARRIS modem, without any problems. Something is wrong with the router. Please advise.

Relevancy 57.62%

dlink router
Is anyone having problems with intermittent wireless connectivity with the dir-655 router, or is it just me?Sometimes it works & sometimes it don't! It's been perfect for 6 mo's but lately have experienced problems with it. I've queried the guys in Bombay,Calcutta, & New Delhi & have tried several of their suggestions to no avail.I'm beginning to wonder if they haven't led me down the proverbial path & gotten things really screwed up! I'm running WinXp, SP2
Should I consider pushing the "reset" & start all over again? What's the consensus of opinion? Thanks
Ben

Moderator: I copied the text to this forum

Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guy,

I've been using this Dlink-524 router for like over a year now and it works perfectly fine. Yesterday I tried connecting my new laptop with it and I recieved a "Low connectivity"...So I took out the power adapters from the model and the router, then plugged it back in a few minutes later. Im not sure exactly what happend but my desktop and both my laptops won't connect to it anymore. I can see there is a wireless connection avalible, when I connect to it, it connect normally but it won't connect to the internet. I also use a voice over ip and my phone seems to be working fine. Im not exactly sure what to do.

please help!!

A:Dlink Router low connectivity?

I think I'd probably try a factory reset and reconfiguration.
The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.

Note that the wireless encryption and channel selection will have to be done after the basic wired connection is established, the first step is to get wired connections working.

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-router-low-connectivity.887983/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a desktop system running Windows Vista that is wired to a dlink wireless router WBR The DSL modem is connected to the router and the network has been running just fine for my wireless must reset be router often dlink too laptop ipod touch and wireless blueray DVD player When I upgraded the modem to Actiontec M in advance of a DSL speed upgrade the problems began After lengthy tech support calls to Qwest and Dlink and dlink router must be reset too often updating the firmware of the router I dlink router must be reset too often am connected to dlink router must be reset too often the Internet at fairly consistent speeds on the desktop However the network signal is very inconsistent for the wireless devices Sometimes they can t find the network at all until I reset the router it doesn t seem to matter whether I use the reset button unplug and replug or go to the admin Settings page and save the settings again Sometimes they find the network but can t connect to the internet until a reset Sometimes they connect and everything works better than ever For a while - then it goes funky again The most noticeable problem is with the laptop but I suspect that is just because it has more ways to monitor what is happening with the signal I am at a loss as to what to try Should I get rid of all of the network settings and start over I m not quite sure how to do that Any suggestions will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

hi
few days back i took new dlink DIR-600 router . 2day i was updating firmware but unfortunately internet was disconnected while update is in process and now my router is bricked and i am unable to reset it
i even tried to reset manually my pressing reset switch but it is of no use and the power indicator glows continuously . please help me how to reset firmware

Relevancy 57.62%

I want to configure my dlink-dir600 router with bsnl wimax but I am unable to do that...
kindly reply with full step by step procedure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/configure-dlink-router.200844/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi
I just got myself a DLink DI-524 Ethernet Router...I have two PCs with WinXP. I put both of their TCP/IP settings to obtain IP addresses automatically...one of them connects with the router just fine and gets an address assigned by DHCP and i can access the cotrol panel of the router through that PC...but in case of the other one, it gets a Automatic Private Address and cannot access the router. Pinging the router's IP address from this PC does not help. What seems to be the problem here?

Thanx

A:Can't connect to DLink router

Have you swapped the cables to see if it follows the cables and/or the router port?

Let's see this for each of the machines.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-dlink-router.729199/
Relevancy 57.62%

Having found it nigh on impossible to get my new Apple iPhone GS to connect - and stay connected - to my previous Netgear router I splashed out and bought a new Dlink DKT-USBN router that works fine with my wife s PC and also my laptop but the iPhone really struggles to stay connected to it Ther reception signal is at best poor and even with the mobile sitting on top of the router I can usually only get one bar occasionally two on the signal strength indicator Walk away a couple of metres and it is gone I know that the Apple has a very bad reputation for this WiFi connection problem but of course Telstra nor Apple want to even talk about it The TSG forum on this matter also confirms the above Having reset the iPhone zillions of times reinstated factory settings updating software and now a new router I am getting nowhere Two issues I guess but firstly what sort of range should I expect out of this router with it s extended new router? Range Dlink on range capability - or so they say - and secondly any ideas how to make the iPhone talk to it when only a few centimetres away Do physical barriers such as plasterboard walls one really have such a dramatic effect on range Sounds like an internal hardware antenna problem to my way of thinking HELP nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I decided to password protect my wireless network today, by accessing my router (DI-524) online and enabling WPA-PSK and typing in a paraphrase. Now, whenever I try to connect to my network, all I get is a message saying that "Windows cannot connect" without prompting me to type in the password. Any help?

Relevancy 57.62%

I'm using a Dlink router (DIR-628) to provide a network at my home. Either I can set it up to provide a wired connection (which allows my wife and I to connect our PCs simultaneously) or both wireless and wired connections. The problem with the latter is that some websites become inaccessible whether trying to access them via a wireless connection, or ethernet cable. I don't believe the problem involves computer settings, because neither of our iphones can reach the itunes store via the wireless connection. has anyone else had this problem?

Relevancy 57.62%

How can I connect 3 computers using a dlink router? I can connect 2 without the router. I want to play multiplayer games. 2 has windows xp and 1 has windows 2000.

Relevancy 57.62%

I have Hp labtop computer with windows vista that is working fine with my dlink router for last 5 months without any problem. Up to today, my uncle come with his labtop computer and using my wireless router and it works with his laptop computer. When I turn my Labtop computer on to use the internet it does not working any more. I try to reset my Dlink router for many times it still not working. I try to connect to the network there is error like this" The settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network" Please help me to solve this problem.
Thanks.

A:Problem with Dlink router

Has uncle gone? Perhaps he's changed the wireless security key as a joke. You need to remove your wireless conenction settings and start again, using the original information. It may be that if you have a static IP address from your router, uncle coincidentally had the same address set up on is machine and he got to the router first, thus confusing it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-dlink-router.913965/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey,

I have a DLINK DIR 624. I have a Mac hooked up to it and i'm trying to add my roommates Windows based PC to the wireless but it says she doesn't have the right certificate to connect. Could you please help with what I should do?

Thanks

Ash

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, hoping someone can help. Have a dlink wbr-1310 ver D router. Has been working fine for years, in the past 2 weeks it is not working consistently. If connect the computer directly to the modem everything works ok. When connected via the router cannot always connect, sometimes if renew the ip address it will work for a day, have the computer set to automatically find ip address and have downloaded the lastest firmware for the router (4.13) from Dlink.
Operating in Windows XP
thank you

A:Solved: Need help with Dlink Router

Reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure. That may help for a while.

Start shopping for your next router; they don't last forever.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-with-dlink-router.767830/
Relevancy 57.62%

For reasons that are slowly pushing me over the edge of insanity I have to reset this dumb router I press the stupid little button on the back of it the lights Cannot reset Dlink 615 router go out one amber one comes on etc etc but when I go to everything is still the same Like the passwords are still there and nothing has changed I thought Cannot reset Dlink 615 router resetting it was supposed to wipe all that stuff out so you could start from scratch Also pulled the power cord in and out a zillion times but no way it will reset As an aside I am having no end of problems Cannot reset Dlink 615 router getting my iPads and iPhones to connect to the wireless network The quot Network Discovery quot button will not stay checked and though I have done all the Googling and been into Services to start things running no way it is going to work But I digress how do I get this fool of a router to reset properly Thanks all nbsp

A:Cannot reset Dlink 615 router

Generally, for a full reset, you need to hold the button for a good minute at least.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-reset-dlink-615-router.1062914/
Relevancy 57.62%

i believe i have a problem with my router
its a Dlink DIR-655

the connection seem to reset itself at random time, i have both cable+wireless computers having the same issue, tryed to reset the router but didnt help much.

Yes i know i have put this same thread in the XP forum but i dont have an idea how to move it or to request a move sorry X_X.

so im asking, how do i check what can make it reset itself? its happend by itself when i was playing a game.

Relevancy 57.62%

hey hows it going.. i was wondering if seting up a router with one machine running xp and one with win 2000 would be very problematic or if i would need to do anything different on the 2000 pc. i hooked everything up and the xp computer took the internet connection fine but i cannot get a connection on the win 2000 computer. its a PPPoE type

A:dlink di-524 router problems

check the other threads in networking withn routers plz I have posted a fix in some of them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-di-524-router-problems.591349/
Relevancy 57.62%

hey quick question how do i go about disabling the router bit and just let it act as an access 524 of disable dlink bit a the to how router point for this particular model basicaly what i how to disable the router bit of a dlink 524 have at home is how to disable the router bit of a dlink 524 a computer connected to dail-up at the moment and so that is the gateway pc one with internet shareing on but will go to broadband very soon when i have approval from the parents and money Anyways when i pluged it in via the usual ethernet port replaceing the old hub it had an ip conflict because of ICS so i set the router to extension and got it working i fiddled how to disable the router bit of a dlink 524 around with some settings there security etc and something relating to static ip logical thinking would be set the ip for the ICS comp rite but doesn t seem to work files and other stuff transfer ok from my laptop and pc but just the net wont seem to work altho i hear from somewhere that this is possible to set just as an access point nothing else but not sure of the method involved Router is Dlink DL- wifi laptop adaptor is dlink something Pc with net sharing stated in profile and sig running winxp home laptop is a Toshiba Satalite mb extra ram old but still works running winMe what a nightmare to network soon to add a P comp fedora or xphome os havent decided yet most likely cabeled to the router s ethernet port due to limited supply thanks N M nbsp

A:how to disable the router bit of a dlink 524

You can't disable routing really, but you don't even need to. Disable the DHCP server on the router so your computers wouldn't get the wrong gateway assigned to them and change the gateway/DNS on any computers with static IP setup.

If there are no clients using your D-Link as a gateway, then it has nothing to route.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-disable-the-router-bit-of-a-dlink-524.43009/
Relevancy 57.62%

Well I bought the Dlinki dir 615 router not too long ago, it's a lil outdated but it was cheap so I figured why not buy it. It comes with a easy install CD, however for some reason I can't get through it. It goes all the way through until it gets to the verifying router settings during step 7 of the process, I always get the Error 302 internal error. Is there something my computer is missing or am I just doing something wrong?

Relevancy 57.62%

My current router Tp link has been extremely dodgy lately, pinging it takes from 1ms to 100ms which causes internet problems. So I decided to bring out my DLink router which I had trouble setting up ages ago. Seems like the setup was fine, but connecting to the internet is also dodgy and inconsistent.

I'm not sure why it's doing that.

Relevancy 57.62%

Having issues with the WEP key on this device. When I disable the WEP, it works, but when I enable the WEP and put the key on my wirelss laptop, it doesn't connect. Can't get and IP address. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Dlink wireless router DI-714 Help

Look for router firmware and adaptor driver updates. If none, restart (or power cycle) the router; uninstall the adaptor, restart the computer, reinstall adaptor. Sound stupid? Yeh, but sometimes this junk gets things working.

Make sure you are using same characteristics on both devices; that is, both 64-bit or 128-bit, and the same key (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th). You ARE using a hexadecimal key, not a passcode, right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-wireless-router-di-714-help.402652/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm trying to set up my dlink 784 router to my qwest msn dsl 1000 modem and having problems. Dlink support tells me I need a username/password for a PPPoE connection, so I get it from qwest and enter it in with the PPPoE settings and then Dlink tells me I need the modem set to be able to 'bridge'. Qwest tells me they can't do that to the modem and that I need a different modem/gateway to run a wireless connection.

I have trouble believing that the router won't connect to the modem, with out getting a different modem or something.

Does anyone have any hints, help, or experience in this regard? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

A:Help setting up a dlink router

If your dsl 1000 modem is a modem only (can't tell w/o full brand and model info), it's ready to go as is.

If it is a modem/router combo, you can configure it to bridge mode (bypassing the router), or "daisy-chain" the wireless router (and use "dynamic" internet connection for the wireless router), or connect the two routers per post #2 in http://forums.techguy.org/networking/460674-wire-wireless-router-dchp-lan.html

I suggest the last option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-setting-up-a-dlink-router.466733/
Relevancy 57.19%

I'm setting up a dlink wireless router, for a friend of mine. they have bellsouth so they use pppoe. I can't get the computer to connect through the router at all anything i should look for

A:dlink wirless router issue

USUALLY, the instructions suggest a hardwire connection to configure the
router first. Once it can connect via cable, the wireless card can be configure
in a reasonable manner.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dlink-wirless-router-issue.32302/
Relevancy 57.19%

Roughly years ago I had setup this router to act as a bridge I think so anyway and I changed the IP to connect to it and I believe I did something involving disabling DHCP but I cannot confirm this as it was a while ago Now I would like to re-purpose this router as a repeater or an access point but I cannot connect to the router login interface Need DLINK WBR-1310 router with resetting help I did a reset to no avail I ve tried and none of them will allow me to connect I have also tried all of those IP s using the WAN port and the LAN ports I have it connected to a laptop that is not connected to the internet the only connection is an ethernet cord going from the laptop to the router I d like to know what my other options are Need help with resetting DLINK WBR-1310 router here in order to attempt to get this baby back online Help is much appreciated thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

I have a router that is only a little whiles away, but it seems that the signal doesn't want to penetrate the walls to my room all that well (low signal).

Aside from buying an amplifier or a range extender or something, what can I do? Router is a Dlink DL-524. Would boosting the transmission power help? Unfortunately, with the dlink firmware it only allows me to choose 25%/50%/75%/100% for power settings, and I have no idea what 100% actually is. Therefore, I guess I could replace the firmware with a third party one, but which one would be the best? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

A:increase power on Dlink DL-524 router?

Try placing the router in different parts of the room. On the floor or high on a shelf... I don't think the transmission power can be changed that much to really make any difference. If all else fails try another router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/increase-power-on-dlink-dl-524-router.86647/
Relevancy 57.19%

We have a DSL-G T ADSL Modem Router in our store which keeps loosing port forward settings for a particular machine On our network all machines except Dlink DSL-G604T Router ADSL one are setup to obtain the IP Address by DCHP In the router Dlink DSL-G604T ADSL Router we have a few ports setup to forward to the machine with the manually set IP address We have added user forwarding rules and applied them to the IP and everything works fine However after a day or so the rules that we have applied go back to the available rules section and we have to then apply them again However another device IP Camera that we have on the network with port forward settings DHCP is set to give the same IP Address each time for this has never lost its Dlink DSL-G604T ADSL Router applied rules so I m pretty sure we aren t missing anything during setup This is not a one off problem in our other store in Lismore they are having the same problem with a customers modem same model that they have setup Is there anything we are able to do to make sure these rules will stay applied to the IP address they are set to We have updated firmware amp done a hard reset nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-dsl-g604t-adsl-router.470923/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am trying to connect my DSL modem to a DLINK router with no success. I am able to get into the DSL modem but not the router. I have tried 2 different routers and get the same results. My computer shows it is connected but it is not.

The DSL modem is an ActionTech M1000 and supposedly is a modem/router. It works fine directly connected to the computer.

The routers are DIR-615 and a DI-604. I have used the DI-604 in the past with no problems.

For both of them, I connected from the modem to port 1 on the router. Then from the router's WAN to the computer.

I turned off DHCP in the modem and got the same results. It is PPPOE and according to them it is dynamic, not static.

I powered everything off and on and still no connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 57.19%

I am clueless when it comes to wireless router. So i have no idea how to do this.

What i am trying to do is set up my wireless router so is only seen on my other pc without using anykind of encryption (username and password). I heard this can be done by giving my router an ip and assinging that ip to my other pc thats on wireless connection.

I want to know is where do i put assign those ip when it comes to my router and pc.
Here is my setup.

primary pc: DSL Mode (ethernet cable) > Router (ethernet cable) > PC . all connected using ethernet cable.

Secondary pc: Wireless gaming adapter connected to realtek network card

Relevancy 57.19%

hi, my first pc works but when i connected my second pc up to the router, the second pc would only get limited connection. my router is dlink dir-615, please help

Relevancy 57.19%

Hello,

Im quite the noob when it comes to anything to do with computer technicalities. So please bare with me!

Details,
- I have 3 connections to my wireless router consisting of myself using a belkin 802.11g wireless card and the other 2 connected by USB.

Problems
I am currently getting disconnected when another computer switches on and connects to the router. From here 3 different things happen,

1) I can reconnect to the router and have a stable connection for 2-5 minutes.
2) I disable/enable and a cannot connect to the router
3) I disable/enable, make a connection to the router and appear that i am receiving the interenet but it doesn't work!~

Problem #2
I sometimes! once every 8 hours or so randomly get disconnected, and i can then reconnect without a problem... usually...

If anyone knows what the problem is !! please advise! Much appreciated!
hint: Im thinkin its got somethin to do with an ip conflict...

Relevancy 57.19%

Okay. I'm burnt out- along with everyone else I'm living with. So, I'm just going to provide some facts about our wireless network, and, please, please, please...If you have a similar system and network component configuration/setup- tell me your secret. How the hell did you get your network up and running smoothly- step by step.

1) ISP: SBC Global/Yahoo
2) Router model: DI-514 (802.11b)
3) Adapter models: DWL 122
4) # of computers on network: 4
5) Corresponding OSs for computers:

A) Host- (OS= Me...temporarily. Will soon be switched to XP Professional)
B) Client- (OS= XP Professional)
C) Client- (OS= XP Home)

What wizards must be run- what option boxes must be "checked", etc.

I've called some technical support people for D-Link, and we got nowhere.

A:DLink router and adapter issues

:wave: Hello & Welcom to TechSpot :wave:

I sat up a D-Link wireless router for my father a couple of months ago, and it worked like a charm...

Connected directly to the router with a Cat5 cable, and logged on as "admin" (or whatever they call the administrator account on your version)

Ran the wizard on the router, entered all the info needed for the router to load PPP and connect through the aDSL modem.

Enabled WEP with 64 bit keys (couldn't be bothered to make 128bit keys)...

Changed the channel of which the wireless router should use.

Sat the router to announce itself.

Then it was just a matter of booting up the laptop (XP (pro I think, it's not mine)), let it find the diff WiFi's...
Choose the correct one, enter the WEP key, and you should be set...

At least, that's what I did...

But to clarify your situation a bit... Does the router work (connect you to the inet and the other machines) if you use CAT5 instead of WiFi?

There could also be a problem if the WiFi cards you're using have "special" firmwares to let the exceed the 11mbit limit of 802.11b/g, and it isn't D-Link's version...
(Check for compability problems with D-Link and the manufacturers...)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dlink-router-and-adapter-issues.10397/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey folks Heres my deal I have a DI Dlink wireless router connected to a SATT broadband modem I Router DLINK & Wireless Problems have computers running XP Home Pro connected to the router Most of the time everything works fine To extend my DLINK Wireless Router & Problems range I got range extenders dlink as well Again everything worked fine Every now and then though I will get a Windows system error ip address conflict with another system on the network error but I can still connect to the internet The real problem lies where as just out of the blue on random computers I loose my connection to the workgroup I try clicking on my network places and then view computers in workgroup and it says I cant connect because I dont have permission or something like that If I reset the computer usually all will correct itself Any reason you can think of that is making this do this All the computers are all up to date with Service Packs Cheers nbsp

A:DLINK Wireless Router & Problems

I find it is a good practice to cycle the router and the modem on a regular basis. Just unplug the power for a few minutes each week.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-wireless-router-problems.494972/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi ...
i have this problem here .. i bought a DLink 524 cable router to share my internet ...but the thing is .... its only connectiong with my one laptop ...others two are not working ...i have tried disabling DHCP server , changing tcp/ip setting ... still the same ..i'm kinda pissed off with this problem .... but other wi-fi networks are working fine in the same laptop ....any help guys?

A:Problem with DLink DI524 router

Post an IPconfig /all of the connected machine and also ones for the two other machines trying to connect

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-dlink-di524-router.638339/
Relevancy 57.19%

This keeps happening, the router keeps disconnecting from the internet every 5 seconds. What can be going on? I have already logged into the dlink admin and changed the RTS Threshold to 2304. After that, it worked for a couple of days, and now its back to disconnecting again. What can be wrong? If you need any additional info. just let me know. Please help me? Thanks!

NOTE: I have already checked for the firmware update, and it appears to be up to date.

A:Dlink Router DIR-615 keeps disconnecting from the internet?...Please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-router-dir-615-keeps-disconnecting-from-the-internet-please-help-me.1000365/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi All,
We have a Dlink Lb 604 router. We have two wan connections.
Connection 1 has a speed up to 8 Mbps.
Connection 2 has a speed of 1Mbps.

We set the load balance to 50-50. When we tested the speed with two lines it is showing 1 Mbps only.
When working with connection 1 we are getting speed upto 6 Mbps.

Pleas tell me the way to use two connections at maximum speed.

Is there any way that I can channel some traffic to wan1 and some traffic to wan2?

Regards,
Ramakrishna.

A:How to Load Balance in DLink LB-604 Router

Unfortunately, I'm not 100% familiar with this technology, but after a bit of research, it appears as though it *may* work in the following way:

Take the total bandwidth available: 9Mbps = (9*1024 Kbps) = 9216 Kbps
Divide each channels' available bandwidth by that: 1) 8Mbps = 8192 Kbps/9216 Kbps = 89%; 2) 1Mbps = 1024 Kbps/9216Kbps = 11%

If it works the way I read from the manual/wizard, that *should* force the router to utilize each channel 'relatively' equally. If it's anything like bandwidth restriction from a firewall perspective then it MAY only allow any SINGLE connection to utilize said percentage, based on the number of connections being utilized at the moment. (E.G. - If you have 5 nodes on the network, it might only allow 1/5 of that to each; resulting in an available bandwidth to each node of: (9216 Kbps / 5 Nodes) = 1,843 Kbps per node. That, of course, isn't taking into account any overhead which could affect the numbers.

Sometimes, though, these things just require a bit of troubleshooting to see precisely how they work.

Hopefully that'll give you a decent starting point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-load-balance-in-dlink-lb-604-router.1025007/
Relevancy 57.19%

I just got a dlink 624 wireless router and my connection keeps dropping after a little while. I have to reboot to reestablish a connection. This is really aggravating. I tried calling dlink but I am on hold forever and never get to speak to someone. Connection is fine if directly connected.

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi every first time posting I have looked for a thread describing the problem i am having without success I have just recently moved to a new house without an internet landline and I was forced to switch to a wireless hub with a different isp My dlink router does not seem to work properly any more Connecting my wireless modem directly to my computer works fine with a good signal and speed so its not the isp or modem When i connect it to my router and do the configuration It seems to work fine until I try to access the internet in any way Up until this point all DIR-615 longer working router no dlink of the led lights dlink DIR-615 router no longer working on the front of the router are both dlink DIR-615 router no longer working green and solid But once I open internet explorer or firefox for example the internet led light the little planet symbol flashes for a second and then turns off for about ten seconds I get a quot cannot display this page quot error and the light turns back on This happens whether i use an ethernet cable or a wireless adapter I tried this many times and the weird thing is that sometimes the webpage will half load before the connection is lost I have had no recent problems with this router and i have tried unplugging modem router restarted my computer I reinstalled reconfigured router and combinations of each with no luck Any suggestions are welcome Thanks in advance Alex nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

ok so everything was working fine ..

until i had to disconnect all cables, etc. in order to take desktop in for repairs. now that it's repaired and back, i cannot connect through my wireless router any more. (it works fine if i connect directly to cable modem.)

if i go through the router i can log in to the router, and follow the steps on the dlink website for the basic cable setup (http://support.dlink.com/supportfaq/DisplayTemplate.aspx?contact=true&TemplateId=33508) but still no internet connection.

dlink has helped me with this problem before, but they're no longer offering free support and i can't find my notes from the last time .... GRRRR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-wireles-router-di-524-probs.807995/
Relevancy 57.19%

I upgraded our internet speed (through internet company) our main modem. The internet was down for 1 day as this occured. When reconnecting the modem and router, the dlink router will not connect. The router itself seems to work (green lights on). Without the router, just the main modem plugged in works fine connecting to the net. Connecting the router back in, "page not found" occurs. I took the router in the the shop to check configuration, all seems fine when connected into their system. Bring it home and nothing. Just a disconnect and connect created all this. Please help! Thank You

Windows XP
Dlink 300G

Relevancy 56.33%

I have a customer that has just installed a new Dlink N300 router and cable modem internet. He has both a desk top which is hardwired to the router and a laptop which is using the wireless. The desk top does not have any problem with a connection but when he buts the laptop in hibernation it can not find the wireless connection. The odd thing about it is that even though he can not find his own network he can see other networks around him. Any ideas out there on how to solve this issue. This is the second router that we have installed so I am guessing it is not defective equipment.

A:Laptop keeps losing connection with new Dlink router

You say he has a Cable modem Connection... That is not wireless... However, i assume you meant that it is a wireless modem not a cable modem. And how does he see other network connections (im assuming he sees these on the LapTop screen) if the laptop ONLY has no connection during hibernation? You cannot even see anything on the screen during hybernation. I want to help you, but your message is unclear.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195950-laptop-keeps-losing-connection-new-dlink-router.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I am posting this in hardware because I believe the problem to be with a setting in the router or the router itself I have an HP computer running Windows I created a network in my house both wireless and Ethernet for use with our various game systems phones and computers I recently purchased a new router the Dlink DIR It is a wireless and wired router I used two routers before this one so this was supposed to be an upgrade in speed and efficiency Now for my problem since installing the new router I have had trouble connecting to certain websites with an Ethernet connection I did NOT have this problem with my previous Dlink router I can switch to wireless and connect fine but would prefer to use the hardwire Ethernet connection with my computer I would like some suggestions or help before I decide to return the router for a replacement The router is upgraded to the newest firmware all settings for the new router match the old one as near as I have been able to I have MAC filtering on with every MAC address for all equipment using the router entered Any help or suggestions are welcome Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

i forgot the password for my router...if i reset my router can i configure it without the software cd (which i dunno where i put anymore =(...) from the browser straight?

A:Forgot the password for my dlink-615 wireless router

Really don't need to use the CD at all, it's main purpose it to help you get the router going if you never ever done anything like that before. Think of the CD has Mr Virtual Network Tech. Now if you forgot the password, and boy how I stress users to write that down and lock it in box or somewhere safe. Make sure power is to the router, and press the reset button for 30 seconds to 60 seconds. Then unplug the power and do it again with out power press the reset button for 30 seconds to 60 seconds.

Now after all that wait 30 seconds more.. Plugin the power and give it a try now...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/forgot-the-password-for-my-dlink-615-wireless-router.108325/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,
I recently switched from BrightHouse (cable internet) to Embarq (DSL). I used my dlink router with the cable internet and no problems and no configuration for the router, everything worked fine.

We are now on Embarq DSL and the wireless isnt working. I tried changing the IP, etc in the router configuration and nothing I have tried worked.

If someone has had the similiar issues that has been resolved, please share with me

Thank you!

Relevancy 56.33%

Would appreciate any help from the experts regarding WHICH outdoor antenna to use with my DLink - DI624. I've had problems getting real answers.

Relevancy 56.33%

i am having tremendous trouble connecting my xbox live with my brand new WBR 2310 dlink router i have tried everything that xbox has told me to do on their site and nothing is working. When i try to connect using the ethernet cable and i attempt a network connection test it fails to gain an IP can anyone help me please!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-wbr-2310-router-and-xbox-360-live.645817/
Relevancy 56.33%

Recently the router has been dropping the wireless connection, and now is not connecting with the computer - the ethernet still works. It was suggested to upgrade the firmware but I can't access the configuration.

I've tried admin, and blank password which is supposed to be the default. I've also tried XXXXX as password, and another username and password in case I had altered it for security. It doesn't allow me in.

I've rebooted the router, and also reset it, all to no avail. Is there any way I can over ride this to get into the configuration?

Many thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,
Purchased a DLink Xtreme N Gigabit Router Dir 655, couple months ago, to replace a flaky NeatGear router. Windows XP OS. Happy in all areas, except one: before my network connected to HP OfficeJet 9120 All in One Printer/copier/scanner and worked fine. Scanned docs successfully many times. Now I can print and of course copy with this same printer; but scanner will not connect (Printer display - "Network Connection Error - Try again later") back to the same stored shared folder; that it connected to before with prior router. I tried a new folder, tried different port on router, same error. Computer name has not changed, folder path has not changed. I am thinking it is a setting in the router; however I am unable to locate the setting in DLink Admin Settings. Please advise.

A:DLink Xtreme N Gigabit Router Dir 655 -Scanning

I'd look at the firewall configurations. The subnet may have changed between the routers and caused the firewall to interfere with the print functions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-xtreme-n-gigabit-router-dir-655-scanning.906207/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all I am really stuck and don t where else to turn for help I m a volunteer at my daughter s school I m working with the IT team and we re kinda Rules Schedule Dlink Full Router DIR-825 -- at a loss on this one I have mobile computer carts that have a laptop PC teacher netbooks clients a Dlink DIR- router and a QNAP NAS The way things are supposed to work is that the cart jacks into the school network grabs an IP address for the DIR- The DIR- then uses DHCP and assigns addresses out to the teacher DIR-825 Dlink Router -- Schedule Rules Full amp clients DIR-825 Dlink Router -- Schedule Rules Full Teacher is a wired connection and clients are all wireless I have set the router up with WPA security and provide the key to the clients I set an IP range of addresses for the router for the NAS and for the netbooks and have attempted to reserve the IP addresses for each client I was also going to MAC filter but I couldn t get the router to accept the MAC addresses I did finally discover and DLink technical support confirmed that the first characters of the MAC address MUST be I have never heard of this and have multiple DLink routers For instance if the MAC is really c b d bb d it would have to be changed to b d bb d before a reservation could be made The other problem is that it appears only IP reservations can be made I am now receiving this error quot Schedule Rules Full - Please Delete An Entry quot DIR-825 Dlink Router -- Schedule Rules Full when I try to add anymore IP addresses I will attempt to attach a screen print When I try to MAC filter I can t because you can t simply type in the MACs You have to also select the computer from a pick list and the computers aren t in the list even though they ARE in the DHCP reserve list Lastly when I reboot the clients they are snagging new IPs even though an IP address is already reserved for them I have looked through the configuration section of the manual and I m at a loss on this one I would be forever grateful if someone could help me out with this Thanks so much for taking time to read this I appreciate any and all help Bubblz nbsp

A:DIR-825 Dlink Router -- Schedule Rules Full

Lastly, when I reboot the clients, they are snagging new IPs, even though an IP address is already reserved for them.Click to expand...

Sounds like a defective router. Of course, it already sounded defective when you said that the MAC Address has to be entered incorrectly. Make sure you have the latest firmware; then reset to factory default settings and reconfigure.

Why do you have to bother with IP reservations? Why restrict the Dhcp server's address range to such a low number (relative to the number of clients expected)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dir-825-dlink-router-schedule-rules-full.1041835/
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm not sure how to remedy this issue, really I'am at a lost. I don't know what to do, i upgraded firmware and stuff but i sill can't get it too work. A guide would be helpful as I'm not too savvy.

Relevancy 56.33%

Hello All,
I am new to this but thought somebody ourthere might be able to help....

I recently bought a D link Wireless N router to replace an ancient Netgear router I have been using for around 5 years! The problem is that the D link only comes with Ethernet out cable to connect to my already installed ADSL filter (the ADSL filter connects fine to the Netgear router)
My question is = is there a cable that has an ethernet plug on one end and an ADSL plug on the other end? Or do I have to get a new filter too?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 56.33%

Ok so to keep it short I upgraded my connection from to Setup Laptop - gt Wireless connection WEP ecryption - gt Dlink WBR- router - gt Siemens SpeedStream Modem - router reduces Dlink speed by download 90% gt Internet I did not notice any increase in speed after upgrading So I called my ISP and found out that it is the router that somewhat caps my speed It downloads faster if I plug my laptop into the Modem directly I called Dlink and their answer was that they cannot do anything about it quot Everybody has the same problem when you connect to the router and to the modem you lose speed There is nothing we can do about it quot But here is the thing that bugs me I can download files Firefox for example at k s but as soon as I add my router into the equation I can only download it at k s I can understand that there could be some loss with a router But losing of your download speed Come on I want to know if this is normal or if I am just dealing with incompetent tech support Any recommendations on good routers I can buy that will not literally paralyse my connexion Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

and if you have a messenger it would be easier for me to ask you stuff anyway let me know if you have stuff with this thx

A:if anyone is awesome with networking computers with a dlink router let me know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/if-anyone-is-awesome-with-networking-computers-with-a-dlink-router-let-me-know.364209/
Relevancy 56.33%

am trying to hook up dlink di-624 wireless router to a hughesnet satalite internet conection. hughesnet modem HN9000. have internet connection without router. when i hook up it shows router connectivity but no internet. have done all normal start up precedures. normal auto connect is not working. am not sure on the procedures for determining my sat modem ip address. but have tryed "MANY" different config. i know this is just a matter of knowing whick addresses go where and in the right order but i am at a loss!! please help. will return any info needed.basics as follows.pc machine with xp, latest service packs installed. d-link DI-624 wireless router, hughesnet HN 9000 modem.

A:help with dlink wireless router on hughesnet sat internet

To help connect the PC to the HN9000 directly and try to establish the Default Gateway IP Address using the commands below:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

IPCONFIG /ALL. This should work for any Windows version. The IPCONFIG /ALL display will provide a wealth of useful information for debugging your network connection.

Please post the info from this command both directly attached to the cable modem and again when attached via the DI-624 router?

Connect the HN9000 to the WAN port of the DI-624. Connect your PC with an ethernet cable to any one of ports 1 to 4.

Download the Product Manual at

http://www.dlink.com/products/?tab=3&pid=DI-624&rev=DI-624.

Page 12 of the Product Manual describes how to access the configuration but I think you already know?

Page 14 describes selecting Dynamic IP Addressing which works for most Cable Modems. This should just assign the router appropriate addressing and you should test internet connection with your PC in ports 1 to 4?

Page 15 describes Static IP addressing. You would need to check with Hughesnet as your ISP as to whether they have setup your service with Static IP addressing?

Finally on page 18 ensure you have DHCP enabled on the router and assign an IP address range like suggested 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.199.

In LAN setup the router should already be assigned IP address 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask 255.255.255.0

With all of this setup and config saved it should connect to the internet ok from ports 1 to 4.

Once you have it working then try setting up wireless on the DI-624 but try withb wires first to make sure internet connects.

GOO LUCK!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-dlink-wireless-router-on-hughesnet-sat-internet.894200/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everyone in need of serious help I have a sierra U my net provider is bigpond its a dongle and I want to use a router which I purchased a Dlink DWR- It connects and my tablet picks up that there is a wifi available it also connects to it but we are unable to use the internet I talked to Dlink which proved to be worthless they told me I need to configure my sierra U after talking to big bigpond router 320U and Dlink Sierra pond they tell me nothing so now i am really stuck if anyone can Dlink router and bigpond Sierra 320U give me some steps to follow and if anyone knows the DNS servers Dlink router and bigpond Sierra 320U that would be great as no one is helping also should a G be set at WCDMA HSAP - in router settings Thank you in advance I am very greatful for any help or guidance Sorry I should have put that I have the router connected to my desktop and basically trying to get the net to work on there and have wifi for my tab The router itself has the power button green the wifi green the number is green but the world is not lighting up I put the ethernet in the port not the WAN Port nbsp

A:Dlink router and bigpond Sierra 320U

I looked at the list of "dongles" compatible with the D-Link DWR-113 and did not see the Sierra 320u. Was I looking at an outdated list? Is there maybe a D-Link firmware update needed for compatibility?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-router-and-bigpond-sierra-320u.1088647/
Relevancy 56.33%

I just recently received a new laptop from my daughter, a Toshiba Satellite C50 running Windows 8.1. I have a Dlink WBR-1310 Wireless router. All of my other devices have no problem connecting to the router. The devices are; an XP PC, which I am using now, a Dell Venue 7, an Xbox, and several current Android phones.

The Toshiba sees the router, but when I enter the WEP it won't connect. And yes, the Dlink is supposedly compatible with Win8. I have tried a variety of things to get the two to talk to each other and so far nothing has worked. I'm seriously thinking I'm going to have to hardwire the laptop which means I'll be tripping over a cable!

What am I missing here? I really can't afford to go buy a new router at this time.

Relevancy 56.33%

I am trying to decide between the Dlink DGL-4500 and the Netgear WNDR3700

Both support dual band/gigabit.

Anyone using either of these? Your thoughts?

A:Solved: Netgear vs Dlink router - your choice?

My personal choice would be the D-Link, but I suspect both will be similar. I haven't used either of them, so I base my opinion on my experience with other products from the two companies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-netgear-vs-dlink-router-your-choice.900542/
Relevancy 56.33%

Sorry about my title

One morning I woke up and my wireless network wasn't there.
So I went to my router and the lights were all on, so I power cycled it.
The power light came on and went off and the Wan and 4 LAN lights stayed on.
(With no cables plugged in it still does that.)

:knock:
D-Link

I have a D-Link DI-624 (AirPlus Xtreme G Wireless Router)

Need more info? Just ask, I might be able to answer.

A:Help! My dlink router doesn't work anymore.

use a wired connection to verify the router is dead.
while in that mode, access the config page and verify the wifi settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-dlink-router-doesnt-work-anymore.82590/
Relevancy 56.33%

Last week my computer gave me the "limited or no connectivity" message (not just me, but also my roommate who also has a PC). I unplugged the modem and router, and started them up again. My wireless didn't work. My network is available, but when I try to connect, it says "acquiring network address" for a good minute and then stops. Roommates wireless works.

Toshiba Satellite M105
ISP: Cox Communications
Modem: Motorola SB5101 "SURFboard Cable modem"
Router: D-Link DIR-615 (H/W Ver.:B2)

Ethernet connection works, but I'm trying to connect wirelessly.
Encryption: I think it's WPA2-PSK (from the network connection properties)
Windows XP Home SP3
Browser: Firefox is primary

Relevancy 56.33%

Setup of Wireless Router in x range Hi We have a DLink wireless router n Our IP network range is x I want to connect this router to a ethernet cable and be able to use it for wireless and also connect one or two physical computers to the back DLink Router Setup of in range 10.10.250.x Wireless of the router as it has extra ports When I connect the router and have it issue DHCP in the x range - the router gets a IP address of As a result if a computer is physical connected to the router that pc get the gateway of - while our really gateway is This causes the internet not to work on that pc I have tried to have the router issue IP s on the range of x but the problem is then on my wireless clients I am not able to connect map to shared folders since the network IP range is x and hence different subnets Can somebody please help Thanks nbsp

A:Setup of DLink Wireless Router in 10.10.250.x range

What is the modem used with this router?

Are you connecting this router to another router, or directly to a broadband modem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-of-dlink-wireless-router-in-10-10-250-x-range.942306/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Tech Guy forums. I came her insearch for some help. I am running Windows XP Professional. Now, the problem that I have. I am running highspeed and, when I connect directly from my DSL modem to my computer, it is pretty fast, but, when I connect my DSL to my Router through than WAN port, than connect my computer to one of the LAN slots in my Router, it runs terribly slow. For example, I am downloading 3 movies and, when I was directly connect from DSL to computer, the time to download all three movies would take 3 - 4 hours. Now that I am connected to my Router, it will take a week!!

Now, I am also wanting to use Router so I can share my Internet with my Xbox for Xbox Live and my other computer. If someone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

-UnknownFear

A:Internet Running Slow - DSL Modem through WAN on Dlink-604 Router

I saved the following some time ago. It may be pertinent to your problem.

On your router there should be an option for mtu. use this formula.

To find the proper MTU Size, you'll have to do a special ping of the
destination you're trying to go to. A destination could be another
computer, or a URL.
1. Click on the Start button, then select the Run option.

2. In the "Open" field type in command (If you're using Windows
2K/NT/XP use CMD instead)

3. Once the window opens, you'll need to do a special ping. It
should be formatted:

ping [-f] [-l] [MTU value] [Enter] an e...rom this into the MTU settings on the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-running-slow-dsl-modem-through-wan-on-dlink-604-router.608042/
Relevancy 55.9%

I ve got a D-Link DSL-G T wireless router My internet connection is Optus Satellite Australia with a Gilat SkyEdge modem I m using a Toshiba laptop running windows Vista Here s my problem I can get connected to the satellite internet when I connect directly to the modem using a crossover ethernet cable I can t seem to get the wireless router connection to work though I connected the crossover cable to the Dlink router and then used a regular ethernet cable to connect to my laptop and set up the wireless connection I AM able to get the wireless single excellent strength from my laptop to the router The problem is the router and modem don t seem to be communicating properly In my network and sharing center it shows a good connection between my pc and the network but a red X between the network and internet I did have this all set up and working properly about months ago but I was traveling overseas and now can t seem to get it working again since I ve returned Unfortunately the satellite internet provider Optus will not offer any tech assistance for the wireless side of things They ll only ensure you ve got a direct connection I d appreciate it if one of you tech folks could help me figure out my failure to connect issue Thanks in advance Angie nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys. I've looked at tutorials on how to do this, and I am almost 100% sure this is correct, but I still can't get connections through these ports. For the I.P. and I supposed to put my actual ip adress, or my local ip? I tried with my local, and my actual.
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6...aaaaaaaaaz.png
I'm trying to host a minecraft classic server. I love that game!

A:Dlink WBR-2310 Router Port Forwarding Problem

Ports are being forwarded from the router to your computer,
so use the local IP on that computer.
You will want to set a static IP on that computer so it doesn't change.
Also make sure those ports and that application are allowed in the
exceptions in the windows firewall or any other firewall you may
be using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-wbr-2310-router-port-forwarding-problem.962693/
Relevancy 55.9%

Until recently I used the 2.4GHZ band for my pc and my son used 5GHZ for his laptop on our D-link router.
A couple of weeks ago our provider installed a new Cisco modem/router-in-one (the old modem didn't work any more). We use the D-link as a second router. The 2.5Ghz band is no problem but my son doesn't get internet access with 5Ghz although if I log into the router I don't see anything wrong. Any help would be welcome.

A:No internet access on 5Ghz band with Dlink router

can we see an xirrus screen shot - the d-link is still broadcasting both signals
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.
Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-on-5ghz-band-with-dlink-router.1091680/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey guys. I've looked at tutorials on how to do this, and I am almost 100% sure this is correct, but I still can't get connections through these ports. For the I.P. and I supposed to put my actual ip adress, or my local ip? I tried with my local, and my actual.
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6...aaaaaaaaaz.png
I'm trying to host a minecraft classic server. I love that game!

A:Dlink WBR-2310 Router Port Forwarding Problem

disregard, reposted in networking

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-wbr-2310-router-port-forwarding-problem.962692/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi All,

I have Dlink Router DIR-890L. I have set up the security with WPA/WPA2-Personal and saved the changes but the connection stays open and unsecured. All my neighbors are able to connect because it doesn't prompt them for a password. I have upgraded the router to the latest firmware and still the same problem.
Lately I've been using the MAC filter to keep people off my connection but this is impractical when I have guests over. Also disabling broadcasting doesn't allow my phone to reconnect automatically.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/388346-dlink-router-wifi-connect-without-password-promt.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a vista home basic PC wired to router and that connection is mostly ok although have got a lot of drop outs i now have a windows vista premium laptop with a wireless card in it I had no idea and thought router Cannot with connect Solved: dlink dsl-g604t wirelessly i had set it all up fine but have now realised my wireless laptop is logging into someone else s net and never logged into mine Solved: Cannot connect wirelessly with dlink dsl-g604t router I have tried no security wep wpa and wpa and none of them will work I have tried factory reset and reinstalling it all and reenabling Solved: Cannot connect wirelessly with dlink dsl-g604t router wireless i also make sure i Solved: Cannot connect wirelessly with dlink dsl-g604t router save it and go to the reboot screen to activate changes I have followed every instruction Dlink has to offer and it just wont work Is there anything else i can try I can use another router to test it all but i don t know if that would help i know the laptop is working fine wirelessly on someone else s net and that my PC runs fine wired to router just cant seem to get them to work together nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

Mine is a dell vostro laptop using windows i am able to connect to internet with my modem that is scientific atlanta But i am trying to configure it with my dlink router i am not getting connected Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Rajeev Sagi gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name RajeevSagi-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid internet dir to my connect with to 300 dlink Unable Solved: router IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No PPP adapter you Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description you Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - C- - -EF-FC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Solved: Unable to connect to internet with my dlink dir 300 router Address bc c f bcc fa e Pref erred Solved: Unable to connect to internet with my dlink dir 300 router Site-local IPv Address fec c f bcc fa e Preferred Temporary IPv Address bc c c c f e d Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe f bcc fa e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained December AM Lease Expires January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - B-CF- - -B - -FC- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - -B - -FC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f c b f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - B-CF- - -B - -FC- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap - AEE- - DC-E CE F C B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c ed e Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c ed e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A DA- E B- CC- - FFA BAF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address bc bc Preferred Default Gateway c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap E C FD -EF - FF -BA E-E B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Rajeev Sagi gt pi... Read more

A:Solved: Unable to connect to internet with my dlink dir 300 router

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Rajeev Sagi>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : RajeevSagi-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1C-26-16-EF-FC
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:7bc9:9649:c:9855:333f:7bcc:fa1e(Pref
erred)
Site-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fec0::c:9855:333f:7bcc:fa1e%2(Preferred)

Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2002:7bc9:9649:c:6c99:c139:7f1e:6d4(Prefe
rred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9855:333f:7bcc:fa1e%12(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.101(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 25 December 2010 AM 8:38:11
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 01 January 2011 AM 8:38:11
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 218111014
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-14-74-1B-CF-00-19-B9-85-FC-21

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controlle
r
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-19-B9-85-FC-21
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2002:7bc9:9649:c:c167:f5c0:b419:f302(Pref
erred)
Site-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fec0::c:c167:f5c0:b419:f302%1(Preferred)

Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2002:7bc9:9649:c:b4ac:a80e:20af:3b9e(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c167:f5c0:b419:f302%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.100(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 25 December 2010 AM 9:03:21
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 01 January 2011 AM 9:03:21
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::9855:333f:7bcc:fa1e%11
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 234887609
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-14-74-1B-CF-00-19-B9-85-FC-21

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.{68646664-3AEE-4085-93DC-E6CE2F7C10B7}:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #5

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #3
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unable-to-connect-to-internet-with-my-dlink-dir-300-router.970487/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi guys i have just had this router installed today from virgin media how ever my xbox 360 will not pick this router up i want to connect wireless, i have the 360 adapter i have been trying for a few hours now and feel like bangin my head against a brick wall thanks for any help that is givin!!

A:Solved: New Dlink dir 615 router connects to laptop but not xbox 360?

did you enable the wireless on the router?

Did you set up any security (WEP/WPA/WP2)?

Did you enable MAC filtering?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-dlink-dir-615-router-connects-to-laptop-but-not-xbox-360.864472/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all can't to find DLink Cable modem IP address Router - we were happily getting along with our RCN cable Motorola modem and DLink Cable modem to DLink Router can't find IP address wireless until the last couple of weeks The internet would intermittently not be available without warning First couple of Cable modem to DLink Router can't find IP address times we power cycled the modem and router and it worked but then stopped being available altogether I got some support from RCN the cable provider they own the modem and it s old so naturally that was my first thought I now have a new modem and the situation is exactly the same The error message that I get is that the IP address for the network cannot be found I got internet access by bypassing the router connecting the modem directly to my Windows XP PC releasing and renewing the IP address and power cycling the modem However the internet still intermittently shuts down and of course turning off the computer necessitates Cable modem to DLink Router can't find IP address the whole procedure again And now we have no wireless SOooo - should we assume it s the router and a new one would solve our problem Of do we just need to reset the IP address of the router Or has anyone heard of this and maybe has some light to shed Many thanks nbsp

A:Cable modem to DLink Router can't find IP address

I got internet access by bypassing the router, connecting the modem directly to my (Windows XP) PC, releasing and renewing the IP address, and power cycling the modem.Click to expand...

Power cycling the modem is necessary when switching the device connected to it; after that there should be no need to power cycle it until the next switch.

However, the internet still intermittently shuts down,Click to expand...

Implies ISP, modem, cable or computer problem. If you have another Motorola modem you have LEDs that give a pretty good idea of what might be happening. And most modems have some LEDs. What are they telling you on the "shut downs"?

and of course turning off the computer necessitates the whole procedure again.Click to expand...

Shouldn't have to do anything but power up the computer. Can you try another computer? If the modem has a USB port can you try a USB connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-modem-to-dlink-router-cant-find-ip-address.994689/
Relevancy 55.9%

edit:: nvm figured it out.

A:Dlink DGL-4100 Gamerslounge router ftp/http problem

Can you share with us please?

What you found might be able to help someone else out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dlink-dgl-4100-gamerslounge-router-ftp-http-problem.30409/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi, pls. help me to make dlink dsl router 2640T to be working as repeater which will be able to receive wifi signals. I've seen one guy using the same dlink dsl-2640T as wifi signal repeater where he was successfully able to receive wifi signals.

My PC's configuration is as follows:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 1974 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39997 MB, Free - 10423 MB; D: Total - 74465 MB, Free - 17354 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 03C6YH
Antivirus: AntiVir Desktop, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings -
I'm having a problem with getting dropped when I answer my cordless phone. I will say it doesn't happen everytime but it is pretty often. Is there anyway to change channels or something to ensure they don't fight with each other? I also have a laptop with a built in wireless card and that would need to change too.
Thanks for the help,
Schellbl

A:dlink router and wireless nic cards(desktop and laptop)

You may need to get a phone that runs on a different frequency from your wireless. Or try relocating the phone away from any wireless devices. If the base unit of the phone is close enough to your wireless system, it could mess things up. Move things around and see if it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dlink-router-and-wireless-nic-cards-desktop-and-laptop.365983/
Relevancy 55.9%

XP Pro latest version Firefox Bought used reset login to DLink Possible info 108G router? on a used DLink G MIMO router DI- M came with software Started install process from CD said it s Possible to reset login info on used DLink 108G router? installed Then went to setup security Username req d Directions say to use quot admin quot but it tells me it s invalid Also gives an http address to type into the browser address bar but the computer can t find that address For adding a computer to the local network it says there should be an icon in the system tray to click to proceed which there isn t so can t add either my laptop or my desktop to the in-house network That may be because the Security isn t set up The installer does say the internet connection and the router are set up properly and functioning Being used the http address Username amp Password most likely have been changed after the initial setup Have inquired with seller asking for that info but have my doubts believe it to be a re-seller of used items Is it possible to gain access by resetting or finding out the current http username amp password somehow or can the mfg do anything about that For the http address FF is set up to auto detect Appreciate any leads - hate to go thru the hassle of a claim and then buying another amp waiting for delivery No internet in the meantime except for a little time I can sneak at work Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Possible to reset login info on used DLink 108G router?

Well, hallelujah!

I was using that default address and admin and leaving the PW blank,
b ut that's when it was telling me that everything was invalid (as U know,
that of course is the install instructions on the Installer).

Anyway, pushed that reset button for 20 secs, then it worked!

I didn't think, being that info is directly tied with the security,
that it would reset those items, of course never tried it :-/

Easy when you know how!

Now I know how!

Thanks!!

I still don't get the D link icon in the startup / system tray (whatever it's called). So no D link config utility. I checked in msconfig and there are
2 D Link Utilities listed and checked for startup - ?? Oh, well, at least
it finally works.

On the router install there's an "Add PC to the system" button which says
to click that D Link startup icon that's supposed to be there to add a PC,
but without the icon, can't proceed any further. Or is that ONLY for desktops (is that what they mean by "PC"?). When I get my desktop card,
that may be the next challenge

Thanks again!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-to-reset-login-info-on-used-dlink-108g-router.103260/