Windows Support Forum

GTX280 won't send video to monitor

Q: GTX280 won't send video to monitor

I changed my power supply (old one's dead), and now, when I turn my pc on, it won't send video to the monitor.

Its a gtx280, the green light is turning on (so electricity doesn't appear to be the issue), and the gpu fan doesn't turn on.

I cannot access the bios or anything else software related because the motherboard doesn't have integrated video.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: GTX280 won't send video to monitor

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: GTX280 won't send video to monitor

Hi Enrique,

Minimum System Power Requirement on a GTX 280 video card is 550 W. Check the new power supply's specifications to confirm. Also, is the new video card compatible with your system?

Click on the link below for specifications and details on the GTX 280.
http://dell.to/1fibdAQ

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit ourSupport Site .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx280-wont-send-video-to-monitor.195672/
Relevancy 51.17%

is the stock win7 280 drivers more stable than
190.62 WHQL

thanks for any help

A:xfx gtx280?

I wouldn't say they are more stable but I don't think they are having some of the issues the 190 drivers are having.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/22012-xfx-gtx280.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently built a new system from scratch Pertinent details below Vista Premium -bit SP Gigabyte P motherboard GB RAM Mhz x GB sticks dual channel nVidia GTX GB W Corsair PS When booting up I do not get a display signal from the graphics card Green LED is observed on the fan all other fans and power start to run I tested further and when using an older nvidia card GTX MB it works perfectly I believe the issue is related to having more then GB total RAM Does anyone know if its possible that having Gig GTX280 issue s of RAM on a -bit OS would cause display problems such as this or does the OS just ignore any memory it cannot address Additional notes I have two seperate PCI-E conenctors GTX280 issue supplying the power to the card and the PS is more then capable of supporting the card BOth DVI ports are experiencing the no display issue please let me know if anyone needs any other details thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:GTX280 issue

I dont even understand why you chose a 32 bit OS with all that ram. With that said I think you answered your question.

About 3Gb of ram is recognizable in your system, Adding a 1Gb video card just made it worst.

Upgrade to vista 64 bit and have a nice day.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx280-issue.115541/
Relevancy 50.74%

just a question i have never seen a benchmark comparing two 9800gx2 in sli against three gtx280 in sli

A:two 9800gx2 vs three gtx280

Isn't it pretty obvious. GTX280 is almost as good if not better at some situations compared to 9800GX2, so why wouldn't three of them beat two 9800 GX2... Anyways, by how much, no idea, and I don't care as both solutions are pretty useless in real life.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-9800gx2-vs-three-gtx280.793795/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm considering upgrading my video card from the gtx 280 to the gtx 460 when the cards are available for order. Does this seem like a worthwhile upgrade for around $250?

A:Upgrade from GTX280 to GTX460?

Probably best to read some reviews that compare the cards to see if the games you play or the resolution you play at would make a difference. What's the rest of your system like?

Here's one article:
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_460_1_GB/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-from-gtx280-to-gtx460.150503/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey Guys So I have a dilemma I live in Sydney Australia and last year I found that I had a weakness that I couldnt help exploiting - to BUY THE BEST DAMN COMPUTER THAT I HAD GTX280 NVidia GTX285 or EVER HAD It started out small the one graphics card PSU Plenty of slots to upgrade the motherboard a decent sound card an O Clockable CPU decent DDR Ram and plenty of space to upgrade See System Specs So my Dilemma is this I have a Single GTX cost me AUD Australian Dollar when this first came out btw our exchange rate was pretty close to the US one at the time -right before wall street crashed so equivalent of US roughly - I know a wrought aye and the HD X comes out a week later I was furious Anyway I have a i Ultra SLI motherboard as we all know can house Nvidia VGA's I was tempted to get GTX 's and then a GTX to do physx calculations - if you know anything about Tri-SLI this actually is FASTER than GTX 's in a TRI-SLI configuration GTX 's NVidia GTX280 or GTX285 arent sold in Australia anymore and GTX 's are so do you guys NVidia GTX280 or GTX285 reckon I should upgrade or wait for DX cards to come out build another system and let my girlfriend use this one she loves gaming too arent I a lucky Im looking into the future wait I see something its a a core i overclocked to Ghz stable the next Gen graphics cards from ATI hooked up in Xfire which WILL kill Nvidia this NVidia GTX280 or GTX285 round -GPU die shrink Nvidia are focussing their technology on copying Intel's Larrabee which doesnt seem to be going too well for them because its all about chips and Nvidia cant Die-shrink even if we gave them millions to do so Im seeing a Watt PSU x x monitors a monitor on the Case Liquid cooling GB DDR Mhz and SSD's in Raid with others complimenting it Lastly no Price Tag Apart from my dream people what do you think

A:NVidia GTX280 or GTX285

an 8600GS will handle all yuor physX needs , sell the 280 its a huge huge waste using it for physX , get some money back on it

Anyway I have a 790i Ultra SLI motherboard (as we all know can house 3 Nvidia VGA's)
I was tempted to get 2 GTX280's and then a GTX275(to do physx calculations - if you know anything about Tri-SLI this actually is FASTER than 3 GTX280's in a TRI-SLI configuration),

possibly in a physX enabled game , im not sure though

Im looking into the future..., wait!... I see something... its a... a core i7 975 overclocked to 5.5Ghz stable... the next Gen graphics cards from ATI hooked up in Xfire (which WILL kill Nvidia this round -GPU die shrink, Nvidia are focussing their technology on copying Intel's Larrabee, which doesnt seem to be going too well for them, because its all about chips and Nvidia cant Die-shrink even if we gave them millions to do so)..... Im seeing a 1200 Watt PSU, 2x (2560x1200) monitors, a monitor on the Case, Liquid cooling, 24GB DDR3 2000Mhz, and 2 SSD's in Raid, with others complimenting it...
Lastly no Price Tag....

wait for the release , then wait for the benchmarks , then wait for them to iron out all the problems that come with new hardware then wait till the drivers catch up , by then everything will be hundreds of pounds cheaper you'll have a stable rig and a big smile on yuor face , all thats going around at the moment is just speculation , take it with a very large pinch of salt

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/243176-nvidia-gtx280-gtx285.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Im in the process of buying a GTX280 but im scared because i dont know if my power supply can run it. i have this power supply
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3255393&CatId=1483

Please tell me if you think i can run it with the converters. I have a GTX260 in my computer right now and it runs just fine with that power supply.

A:PSU concerns on buying a GTX280

in the specification, the 260 say recomended 500W. the new one, 280, recomends 575w [newegg].
one factor would be your CPU, and what it uses. but i wouldnt cut it that close. chanses your CPU doesnt take less than 25W. i would bump up to an efficient 800W, plenty of room to swing.

Basically, bump to 700W+

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-concerns-on-buying-a-gtx280.120119/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I've got a decent spec pc, but I've recently bought a 1920x1200 monitor. Now some off my games run a lot slower (understandably).

I've got a 8800GTX at the moment, but I'm tempted to upgrade to a GTX280, is the jump big enough? Am I going to notice a dramatic speed difference?

If not, any ideas? I've got a CrossFire motherboard, but not SLI compatible...

Regards,

Alex.

A:Noticable upgrade? 8800GTX to GTX280?

hi there,
right now the GTX 280 and the 4780 x2 are running neck and neck as the fastest cards on the market, but yes you will see a big difference in the performance jump from the 8800 GTX, the 280 and the 4780x2 are among the few that can produce playable Framerates at higher res with the more intense games out there (crysis,far cry etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/noticable-upgrade-8800gtx-to-gtx280.117463/
Relevancy 49.45%

xfx gtx280
is the stock Windows 7 280 drivers more stable than
190.62 WHQL

thanks for any help

A:nvidia gtx280 driver question

why not guess and check.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/22019-nvidia-gtx280-driver-question.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I was wondering, with the new nVidia GTX295 being released on the 5th January, what do we think the GTX280 will drop to?

It's about $400 average at the moment right? Maybe $300 in a few weeks?

Regards,

Alex.

A:GTX280 Price drop? With the new card around the corner

The price will likely go down a good bit. The GTX295 is set to be the most powerful card on the market, and so it will displace the GTX280 as Nvidia's flagship card, thus driving the price of the latter down quite a bit. Possibly to ~$299 US. So if you're looking to buy a GTX280, just wait a bit longer and save yourself a few bucks.

Seeing as the GTX295 is a dual GPU card, its release is akin to the release of the 7950GX2 back in the day, and the subsequent price drop of the 7900GTX following that release.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx280-price-drop-with-the-new-card-around-the-corner.118469/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I recently assembled my rig my system s configuration is AMD Phenom II X BE AsRock M A GXH M Cooler Master Real Power Pro Power supply Zotac GTX Amp Edition Graphics card GB Kingston DDR RAM The problem is that my graphics card doesn t display anything when its plugged in The display comes from the default onboard unit The card gets powered ON Green light Fan also starts but there working AMP not M3A78GXH/128M GTX280 on AsRock Zotac is no display from it But when I put my friend s Zotac GTX280 AMP not working on AsRock M3A78GXH/128M ATI card or his Nvidia GT it runs flawlessly I enquired abt the prob in AsRock User forum Zotac GTX280 AMP not working on AsRock M3A78GXH/128M and also sent email to AsRock tech team which they haven t replied From the forum I found out that the problem is with BIOS some system compatibility issues and ASROCK might provide me with a custom BIOS which I doubt So is there any way Zotac GTX280 AMP not working on AsRock M3A78GXH/128M I can run my GTX on this motherboard btw GTX is fine since it works on my other rig with same power supply having ASUS board Please help nbsp

A:Zotac GTX280 AMP not working on AsRock M3A78GXH/128M

**BUMP**
I'm in serious trouble.. runnin computer without gfx card.. plz help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zotac-gtx280-amp-not-working-on-asrock-m3a78gxh-128m.917664/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I Graphics GTX280/Radeon 4870x2 choice card m planning to buy a new pc just after Christmas and having not built one in a while I m very out of touch I ve read Graphics card choice GTX280/Radeon 4870x2 countless articles reviews and looked at benchmarks to try and determine which graphics card s would be best suited to me within my current budget and aim allow room for cheap improvements in the future My budget Graphics card choice GTX280/Radeon 4870x2 is around - - and I m looking to play many of the new game titles which are out at the moment My current thought is a Sapphire HD x which is right at the top end of my budget but I ve found a lot of people say go with the GTX instead Both of the aforementioned cards obviously allow me to either Xfire or SLI with a second card in the future - but what are your thoughts on x x I e cores faring against xGTX cores I ve read that at the moment Catalyst drivers don t really help the cores shine but again future prospects from those in the know My other options are x Sapphire GB x Sapphire GB Also as I m more than likely to wait until early January to purchase am I unaware of any releases in terms of drivers and or cards which are likely to shatter those above It may be worth me mentioning that I m not tied to any other hardware at present and can adapt a build to deal with motherboard psu requirements in light of selecting a card Thanks for your time and any advice you can give Ben nbsp

A:Graphics card choice GTX280/Radeon 4870x2

4870 x2, one should be fine, will also leave good head room for X fire for the future. Fastest card to date for the money you want to spend

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-choice-gtx280-radeon-4870x2.115791/
Relevancy 46.44%

l have just bought a new graphics card:

256MB 256 MB GeForce Gf Nvidia PCI Video Graphics Card

I turn the computer off, installed the card, and then when i swith the monitior to the VGA port of the graphic card, The monitor stays in stanby mode.
It never turns back on.
Even when i switch the Monitor to the computer, the monitor still doesn't turn onn

wht should i do???

A:New VGA card does not send signal to monitor

Have you confirmed PCI-Express is enabled in system bios (cmos settings)

To get to cmos, you should see a prompt (for about 3 secs) when starting your computer, this prompt is usually DEL or F2 or some other (depending on your manufacture)
Once in cmos, make sure your video card is set to the correct setting (not onboard)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-vga-card-does-not-send-signal-to-monitor.101788/
Relevancy 46.01%

I watch Yahoomusic TV on my PC. I would like to be able to atream that video to watch it on my TV. My connection to the net is via Virgin cable and my TV connection is by the same cable company. Any suggestions?

A:How to send video from PC to Tv

There are many options you can use, streaming av boxes, a pc with media center or the like, a cable from your pc direct to tv. What do you want to acheive as such? A total a/v solution like a media center or just an option to watch the pc on the tv?

High500

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218268/how-to-send-video-from-pc-to-tv/
Relevancy 46.01%

I can t have a webcam chat over AIM or MSN because the other end doesn t receive an image The same versions of these IM programs have worked before on a different computer with a slightly different setup and cable video over IM send Can't provider even My Can't send video over IM old computer was a Dell Dimension running Windows XP SP and had a physical line from the computer to the cable modem Cox The computer I have now is an HP Media Center PC m n running Windows XP Media Center Edition and is connected to the Internet via a wireless connection the hub router whatever is this thing Armstrong However I m not behind a firewall yes I m absolutely certain I have absolutely no connection problems beyond this torrents Hamachi everything is wonderful and I can get an image just fine in Windows Movie Maker while in AIM all that comes up for my webcam is a grey field while in MSN it s a very light pink Why can t I get this SOB to work Oh yeah and HP suggested I try bringing down hardware acceleration which didn t help and I just gave up for a while after that - They were as helpful as they could be though I haven t tested audio yet - It didn t work as far as I found but that may have been because the mic wasn t plugged in If I find it does or doesn t work I ll let you guys no nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-send-video-over-im.492544/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi there What I want to do quot extend my desktop on a second monitor but my second monitor is compounded by HDMI TVs monitor a setup up video and Set card primary monitor in multiple and a VGA LCD stage monitor both used as Duplicate setup in Windows quot How I have done this and it works -I have diplay devices HDMI TVs that are connected using a splitter and two monitors Set up primary monitor in a multiple monitor and video card setup both on VGA -I also have two quot video cards quot GPU one Amd radeon hd with VGA DVI and HDMI ports and Intel HD onboard aprox GB with VGA output port -I have connected the TVs with a HDMI x splitter on amd radeon's HDMI port and one of my VGA monitors this one acts as a STAGE MONITOR for the singer artist lyrics -The integrated Intel HD card has my quot Control quot monitor attached that I use as my primary monitor the one that shows me the Desktop and the lyrics control application Software aspect of the problem In Windows I use my Intel HD video card as my primary display then I can extend on a second monitor the desktop The second monitor is my VGA Stage monitor The Third display that appears in the setup is the HDMI splitter this one is a Duplicate of my stage monitor I use x resolution for my primary display and x for the second monitor I know this resolution is too small for my HDMI TV's Windows recommends me a x fullHD resolution but my STAGE MONITOR does not support that much so I need to use a small resolution PROBLEM EVERY TIME I DO THIS SETTINGS EVERYTHING WORKS SUPERBLY FINE AFTER RESTART OR SHUTDOWN THE PRIMARY MONITOR SWAPS WITH THE EXTENDED AND THE DESKTOP IS SHOWN ON THE TVs AND THE STAGE MONITOR AND THE RESOLUTION OF MY PRIMARY DISPLAY JUMPS TO FULLHD AND IT SAYS quot OUT OF RANGE quot WHY HOW CAN I MAKE MY SETTING PERMANENT NOTE My BIOS setting clearly say Primary video gt Onboard And yes the startup screen and the BIOS screen only shows on my Intel HD primary monitor After Windows Starts things swap each other If I don't connect any display on my AMD Radeon PCI-Express card the screen stays on my primary monitor At some point I have observed that if the display devices are started in a sequence first the primary second the splitter and the stage monitor the settings keep on But after numerous attemps this solution became inefficient because every time I start stop the HDMI splitter array the resolution changes and the displays swap each other Is there any registry tweack that can solve this Software problem Thank you for reading

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/391571-set-up-primary-monitor-multiple-monitor-video-card-setup.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I didn't know if I should have put this in the general discussion page or the video card page but here it is My laptop has been acting up today I would open the lid and it would have strange colors For example blues would be a strange red color But it would automatically fix itself and go back to normal colors I was suspicious but didn't think much of it Later today I walked past it and the monitor was black nothing on it So i pushed the power button and shut it down Than the fun began It would card. the monitor monitor the it or video Is Laptop dilema. intigrated show me the splash screen Dell when you first boot it up like for some it would say ASUS or such depending on the mobo they had installed It to had messed up colors only it did not correct this time than the screen went black I waited a few minutes hoping it would wake up and give me a screen witch it never did I rebooted several more Laptop monitor dilema. Is it the monitor or the intigrated video card. time trying to get into the bios or anything with a Laptop monitor dilema. Is it the monitor or the intigrated video card. screen witch also failed The DELL splash screen never failed to come up though After close observation I noticed there was something on the screen it was just really dark and barely readable It said something to the effect of quot Windows has failed to start quot and gave me the option of booting normal or startup repair I eventually shut the lid and got a secondary monitor and tried to use it Apparently shutting the lid disables the primary monitor and lets you use the monitor you plug in And now I have a screen again It worked What do you guys think is it a monitor issue or a video card issue And is it repairable Sadly i don't know much about the laptop other than it is dell has an integrated ati graphics card and is windows vista It is dell inspiron if that helps

A:Laptop monitor dilema. Is it the monitor or the intigrated video card.

Hi computergeekguy,

Since you are getting 'video' on an 'external display', it appears to be an LCD related issue with the laptop. You may also try to run the LCD BIST (Built in self test) to check the 'LCD display performance' when separated from the 'graphics'. You may find the following steps useful:
- Power off the laptop
- Press and hold down letter <D> on the keyboard
- Power the laptop back on (continue to hold the letter <D>)
- Laptop enters in the 'LCD diagnostic environment' (check the performance)

If your laptop does not enter the diagnostic mode, you may also try to release the 'flea power':
- Power off the laptop
- Unplug the AC Adapter and Battery
- Press and hold down the 'power button' for 10 - 15 seconds
- Plug the 'Adapter cable' back in and launch the 'LCD BIST' again

Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/271013-laptop-monitor-dilema-monitor-intigrated-video-card.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm using a Radeon 9600XT with dual monitors. When I ran my old nvidia card, i could right click the taskbar on an application, and choose to send it to monitor 1 or 2. There is no such feature with my Radeon card. Does anyone know what software I would need to be able to do this, I've researched Hydravision on the net, but it appears to be only used for multiple desktops on one monitor.
pls help
adam

A:Dual mons - how to send apps to a particular monitor?

I use Multimon.

It places a button in the toolbar of every application to shift it to the other screen, plus it extends the task bar to the second monitor.
http://www.mediachance.com/free/multimon.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-mons-how-to-send-apps-to-a-particular-monitor.374361/
Relevancy 46.01%

Sorry so long but I tried to be as detailed as possible I have a comp prob can send to Computer signal monitor??? wont u help me I have a Gateway computer The computer worked Computer wont send signal to monitor??? but Computer wont send signal to monitor??? the harddrive was in bad shape it wouldnt go past desktop so to back up my files i removed the harddrive and attached it to another computer i have i backed up as much files as i could get and i went to reformat the drive through DOS c wouldnt show up as a directory so i went into fdisk and erased the partitions i guess it was a non dos and maybe a boot partition i dont know so anyway i did fdisk and then reformatted the drive That went fine so i installed Win se install went perfect although i did have to download sound drivers other than that the os was installed with no probs so I was thinking Great thats done now ill put it back in the gateway and it will be all good Thats when I hit the brick wall After reattaching the harddrive back to its computer--all wires everything all good okay So I turn it on and it seems to boot up fine as far as the sound of the computer So heres my dreaded problem Its either the monitors dont want to take the signal from the computer or somewhere in the computer the signal is being cut short The Monitors Just Wont Pick Up The Computer Ive tried the monitor the comp came with as well as another one of mine The monitor says no signal the monitors are fine they work with all my other computers Could it be what I did to the hard drive Could it be the motherboard or processor maybe Could it be that the harddrive has to have a seperate partiontion with the boot files on it if so how do i do that Could the port be screwed up The hard drive boots up perfectly on other comps theres no graphics card on the computer the monitor goes straight to the motherboard This is a gateway computer Came with WimME but i replaced it with Win se harddrive was cable select in gateway set to master and reformatted in a different comp dont know if that matters I hope i gave all the info i need to get some help Im so frustrated Please Help Me Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

hey guys,
I thought it would be sweet to run a duel monitor setup on my computer but
when i installed my video card my comp aways runs on the video card monitor,
it doesn't even show the motherboard monitor is there. I was wondering what could i do to fix this.
BTW. the video card is a maddog predator Radeon 9250 pci.
the computer is. compaq presaio s5100nx with 768 ddr and 2.6 mhz running on windows xp home.
Thanks.

A:Motherboard monitor and video card monitor conflect

You may have to change something in the bios, I have done this before but I dont remember what the setting was.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-monitor-and-video-card-monitor-conflect.21645/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am at a complete loss I recently moved and when I got my computer unpacked it wasn t working properly the monitor would come monitor... and blacks out, card video Monitor replaced on for a couple of seconds and then goes to black if you power it of then back on it does the same thing you Monitor blacks out, replaced video card and monitor... can position it just right and still see that XP is running in the background and can move the mouse cursor around So my first thought was that it s the monitor so I hooked my boyfriend s brand new monitor up to it both are lcds exact same thing So naturally I assume it must be the video card so Monitor blacks out, replaced video card and monitor... I replace my year old video card w his new one and tried both monitors same thing happens I am now worried that it may be some sort of virus I don t know if this has anything to do w it but I added my b f s Monitor blacks out, replaced video card and monitor... harddrive to mine to act as a backup storage device I took his hard drive out and put it back in his system and plugged in his monitor and it has the same response but his system worked an hour ago so that s what lead me to my virus theory but I can t find anything online - PLEASE HELP nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone,

I am looking for an easy way to send videos thru email.

I have a 60BG movie i made quickly with my dash cam and wish to send it thru email, but it seems to large to go.

I tried uploading it to YouTube so I could just offer a link, but it seemed to take forever and it never did upload.

I tried using a compressed folder, but that did not work either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:looking for a way to send video thu emails

I often send movie files via dropbox. The free version gets you 2GB storage. You upload the file to your public folder and mail the link. I usually split the file into smaller chunks with winrar for reassembly at the other end. Not sure what you mean by 60BG movie - if you mean 60GB, then compress the file (mp4 etc).

https://www.dropbox.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/294972-looking-way-send-video-thu-emails.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi.
Sorry if this is not the right place for this question. I have the last version of Windows lIve messenger and a a new Lifecam VX-7000 from Microsoft. I am under a fixed IP. My webcam is working and the webcam of my contacts are working, WLM detects my camera, however when I try to start the webcam (mine and my contacts) WLM starts for a while connecting and suddenly stops/cancel the session (wlm. keeps on, does not close the program, and my contacts are still there, just no camera). Under windows XP there was no problem at all, is since I purchased a new computer with VISTA.
Anu help welcome and thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/203533-wlm-does-not-send-receive-video.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hello every one can you help me when i start cupals i get this video source is allredy used by another application you will not be able to send video. close all other video conferencing application (including web pages) then reload this page if you still have this error then please restart your computer in order to succesfully initialze this media. this is the only video conferencing application ive got and done the rest and still can't send video. can you help out thanks colin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-send-video-in-cupals.374388/
Relevancy 45.58%

I've gotten good at sending pics via the net but I need to know how to share my videos too. We use a Sony digital camera with video capabilities and make short clips that we can view on the computer. Is there a way to send those videos to my family/friends, or do I have to build my own website to show them? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Karen

A:how do I send video over the internet

Entirely depends.
What size are the clips?

Usually video files are too big for emailing, as they often exceed the ISP limits for attachments. What is the limit for the friends ISP?

If they are on dial-up, it might take all night to download one clip?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-send-video-over-the-internet.338400/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello!

I need to project vídeo from a server continously in some clients.

I wanted to ask two questions:
- Do you recommend me some application to transmit vídeo over multicast ?
- Do yo know if a TV with Ethenet conection could be a client of a video server with multicast ?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/send-video-with-tvs-as-clients.1028132/
Relevancy 45.58%

Worked fine this morning but now turning power on doesn't send signal to monitor, nor does white power light button light up but something making noise, probably a fan. Unit does not appear overheated at all. It's 70 degrees in my house. I've tried turning it off for awhile and unplugging it to no avail. PC is under warranty until October 2017 that's the good news. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Slimline-260-a010-no-longer-send-signal-to-monitor/td-p/5846488
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi.

I?m looking for a software that monitors my computer, specally the temperture and send email alerts if there is something wrong.

Do you guys know about any software like that ?

A:software that monitor cpu temperature and send email alert

I found this but it's Intel only. Core Temp is widely used but i don't know of any way to have it fire an email. You might suggest it to the author though. The AddOns seem to be more about remote monitoring than sending an email.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/298273-software-monitor-cpu-temperature-send-email-alert.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi I m Down Card and Shutting Problem - Monitor Video Video Playing in a dilly of a pickle here When playing video my screen will go black for just a second and then return Video Card Problem - Playing Video and Shutting Down Monitor to normal With most video players the video will then usually play but when using BSPlayer bsplayer org to watch video the screen will go black return to normal and then video will not play It gets worse Video Card Problem - Playing Video and Shutting Down Monitor Sometimes I will be minding my own the computer will still be running but then the screen will go black then the monitor will give me the old message quot self test check your pc and signal cable monitor is working quot The computer will still be running and the only way I know to get picture back is to restart the computer I have gotten this error the most when the using BSplayer which sometimes causes the monitor to just shut down like that But other video players like divx QuickTime and windows media player will all occasionally not play or cause weird image problems to crop up on the screen Also if the computer freezes up hitting ctrl alt del gives me a black screen with garbled white text I have updated my NVIDIA drivers and installed the latest bsplayer version but neither of those actions fixed my dilemma OS se Video Card NVIDIA Geforce FX CPU AMD Athlon XP nbsp

A:Video Card Problem - Playing Video and Shutting Down Monitor

spinnermason said:

Hi,

I’m in a dilly of a pickle here.

When playing video, my screen will go black for just a second and then return to normal. With most video players, the video will then usually play, but when using BSPlayer (bsplayer.org) to watch video, the screen will go black, return to normal and then video will not play.

It gets worse. Sometimes, I will be minding my own the computer will still be running, but then, the screen will go black, then the monitor will give me the old message:
"self test / check your pc and signal cable / monitor is working"
The computer will still be running, and the only way I know to get picture back is to restart the computer. I have gotten this error the most when the using BSplayer, which sometimes causes the monitor to just shut down like that. But other video players like divx, QuickTime, and windows media player will all occasionally not play or cause weird image problems to crop up on the screen

Also, if the computer freezes up, hitting ctrl+alt+del gives me a black screen with garbled white text.

I have updated my NVIDIA drivers and installed the latest bsplayer version, but neither of those actions fixed my dilemma.

Video Card: NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2200Click to expand...

sounds like the gpu is overheating or goung bad get some compressed air and blow out the video card very through (*get the rest of pc while you are at it) and if this dont help you may have to replace

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-problem-playing-video-and-shutting-down-monitor.341461/
Relevancy 45.15%

Is there a program to send video to a web space so I can watch my dogs from work? I have a capture card and a video camera.
thanks phaz

A:(Solved) program to send video to web?

Use webcam software like WebCam32 or WebCam from camarades.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-program-to-send-video-to-web.89587/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi This is all new to me so bear with me please I m definitely NOT gifted in the technology dept so with me to video email How through clips send please keep in mind How to send video clips through email I m not clear about the difference between web browsers or URLs or whatever has become the current technology lingo but I am open to learning One issue is I m trying to send video clips of the band I m the bass player backup singer to various clubs I was told by Cox my internet provider tech support that if they are under MG they can be sent but even the one that s MG won t go through I use Windows on a laptop and have been using Mozilla Firefox as my browser and Mozilla Thunderbird as my email whatever you call it someone told me to upload them to You Tube and then just have the club owners click on a link in You Tube but I don t know how to do that either - and I would prefer emailing them and maybe attaching the link so I can be more personal in my approach and they don t have to jump through any hoops to listen view us after all I want to make it easy and fun for them to say YES you can play here The clips were taken on an iphone by the rhythm guitarist s wife while we were playing for a party don t know if I got them through email or a text but I can t seem to forward them through my email I don t know how to use Drop Box either even though someone said that could be useful The other thing that s happening is they are upside down and I don t want to send something that s upside down not exactly a great first impression I would so appreciate some assistance with this I m in my early s and have never really gotten on the technology train so to speak so baby steps would work best ie very clear explanations step by step and remember I don t know a lot of these terms that you might think everybody knows Thank you so much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-send-video-clips-through-email.1163856/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey ich habe vor 1 Woche einen gebrauchten Custom PC gekauft.( Specs i7-2100 12 gb RAM gtx 590) Bis jetzt funktionierte er einwandfrei aber plötzlich hat er aufgehört ein Video signal durch das hdmi kabel zu senden. habe diverse kabel und ports durchgecheckt und nichts funktionierte an was konnte es liegen?
Ps: Das Motherboard(also die LED's) leuchtet noch wie vorher
Danke im voraus fur die Hilfe

A:PC wont send Video Signal

Hallo Tilmo, und Willkommen,

Sorry but that's about my limit with German

As this board is in English could you please repost 

as a lot of us can not understand your problem (except the title)

Thankyou for understanding

Hedge

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593207/pc-wont-send-video-signal/
Relevancy 45.15%

Have video assignments i really need to get onto a disc or usb, but my phone won't allow me to send by message, email or wont send to onedrive or anything. it is driving me crazy!! how can I get these videos to my tutor!!!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442676-microsoft-lumia-550-cant-send-video-anywhere.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Computer and Internet running slow Used to be able to send short videos to other people / video's Computer slow send Cant using windows mail wont send any large files Computer slow / Cant send video's Cant load any video to you tube Computer over all running slow I am a hitting coach for fastpitch teach boys and girls Sending video is important to me for showing clips to the students I teach Please help Thanks Gerry Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCTray exe C Program Files x Northstar SmartCopy SmartCopy exe C Windows CNYHKey exe C Program Files x Northstar SmartLauncher SmartLauncher exe C Program Files x Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpCtrl exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C Program Files x Common Files Nikon Monitor NkMonitor exe C Program Files x Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files x Common Files PX Storage Engine VxBlockServer exe C Program Files x Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exe C Program Files x Gateway EzTune DTHtml exe C Windows ModLedKey exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil f ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Dad AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE A D IF D HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m aspire m m R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o vp amp d amp m aspire m m R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSN R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO PrimaDesk Login Helper - AEC D C- BA - A -AB D- E FC - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar no name - D -D - -BAB -AB A - no file O - HKLM Run LchDrvKey LchDrvKey exe O - HKLM Run LedKey CNYHKey exe O - HKLM Run UpdatePDRShortCut quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDirector MUITransfer MUIStartMenu exe quot quot C Pr... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

Its weird because the model looks different from the one i ordered i was supposed to get this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102064

but whats weird is the green sticker on the back says its X1650 Pro 512M DDR2 Pci-E Dual dvi tvo

A:Did new egg send me the wrong video card?

Pop it in and see what everest says.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/did-new-egg-send-me-the-wrong-video-card.82937/
Relevancy 45.15%

System info Windows XP Pro Version Sp Intel Core Quad CPU Q Ghz Gb of RAM Physical Address Extension Gb installed Nvidia GeForce GT Mb Whenever I start or stop my desktop computer I always use standby instead of shutdown or restart I have noticed lately that once every - weeks when I wake my computer up from standby the computers graphic card fails to send a signal to the monitor When this happens I have to do a hardware restart to get it working again Once restarted xp wants to send an error report with the following information Error Message STOP x EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER Q Once the error report is sent the browser pops up with this information from microsoft SYMPTOMS You receive one of the following Stop error messages in Windows XP STOP x You receive one of the following Stop error messages in Windows XP STOP x EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER STOP x EA THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER M Back to the top CAUSE This issue occurs if the graphics adapter is send XP to when woken monitor occasionally wont up from standby signal caught in an infinite loop while it This issue XP occasionally wont send signal to monitor when woken up from standby occurs if the graphics adapter is caught in an infinite loop while it waits for the video hardware to become idle This can indicate that there is a problem with the video hardware or that the graphics adapter XP occasionally wont send signal to monitor when woken up from standby cannot program the hardware correctly The Stop error message may also occur in video adapter drivers that do not represent a physical device For example this Stop error message may occur in the virtual video adapter driver that is used by Symantec PCAnywhere If PCAnywhere is installed on a computer where this error message occurs visit the Symantec Web site XP occasionally wont send signal to monitor when woken up from standby to determine whether there are any available fixes for your version of PCAnywhere Back to the top RESOLUTION To correct this issue follow the methods that are described in this section in To correct this issue follow the methods that are described in this section in the order in which they are presented until the issue is resolved The first four methods described in this article are for beginning to intermediate users The final two methods deal with advanced troubleshooting and are designed for advanced users You may find it easier to follow the steps if you print this article first Method Use the Windows Error Reporting tool Use the Windows Error Reporting Tool to send the error to Microsoft and determine of a fix or workaround is available To do this follow these steps Click Send Error Report when you are prompted to send the error report to Microsoft If a fix or a workaround is available click More Information This helps you obtain the fix or information about how to work around the issue If this method worked you are finished If you continue to receive the stop error message go to method Method Install the latest driver for your video adapter To detect and to install the latest driver for your video adapter in Windows XP visit the following Microsoft Web site http windowsupdate microsoft com http windowsupdate microsoft com If this method worked you are finished If you continue to receive the stop error message go to method Method Contact the video card manufacturer to obtain and install the latest driver The driver is software that enables videos to be viewed on your computer See the documentation that was included with your computer to determine the manufacturer for your video card Then use the links in the following list to find the contact information for your video card manufacturer in order to obtain and install the latest driver For information about how to contact the manufacturer click the appropriate article number in the following list to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base http support microsoft com kb Hardware and software vendor contact information A-K ht... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-occasionally-wont-send-signal-to-monitor-when-woken-up-from-standby-338755.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey everyone I installed a second video card to my system Card Second Running Monitor Stuttering Third on Video off Video because I have a dual monitor setup running off one card ATI and now I have an ATI running my projector It seems Video Stuttering on Third Monitor Running off Second Video Card that when I play video off the second card to my projector it shows a slight stuttering in the video but not the audio These are files I know work properly so it's not that When I plugged in the second card and Video Stuttering on Third Monitor Running off Second Video Card fired up the machine automatically installed the drivers Was this a bad idea Should I uninstall them and do an manual install from drivers available in the setup from ATI's website I had to do some rearranging of the screens under the screen resolution menu but it seemed ok until I played video off the second card Also when I start the computer ATI blacks my screens out for a few seconds and then comes back on similar to what it does when I want to change the resolution of a screen This is frustrating to watch every time I turn on the machine Anyone now what I can possible do to solve these problems I never thought it would be so difficult to install a second video card and have it work properly Thanks everyone

A:Video Stuttering on Third Monitor Running off Second Video Card

Definitely install the ATI drivers.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/92206-video-stuttering-third-monitor-running-off-second-video-card.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a circa Pentium HP Pavilion desktop It won t boot recognize an XP disc in either the CD or DVD drive or send a signal monitor reognize to send or disc Doesn't drive, boot, signal in to the monitor Let me tell you how it happened which may clue you in as to what might have gone wrong Yesterday morning upon starting up the system froze after the desktop had already come up There was no signal to the mouse or keyboard Several hard reboots resulted in the system freezing each time sometimes earlier in the boot process sometimes later I finally decided to do a chkdsk r from the recovery console via XP disc Afterwards the computer started fine and did not freeze -- at first But perhaps an hour later it froze again I decided this time to try a System Restore From safe mode with command prompt I started System Restore and selected a restore point from two days ago The restore was nearing completion when the system froze After waiting a bit to make sure I had to do another hard reboot But now the system seemed truly screwed It powered on somewhat more loudly than usual but nothing happened No signal went to the monitor Doesn't boot, reognize disc in drive, or send signal to monitor It wouldn t even boot from or recognize an XP disc Repeated boot attempts failed The personal data is backed up so that s not a concern My question is what s next What s probably wrong or how do I find out what might be wrong and how can I get the old system running again It s worked fine until now Thanks for your time nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
how can I share with or send to somebody 224mb video clip.

Yahoo, GMail etc allow very little.

thanx ............nick

Relevancy 44.72%

A few months ago I switched ISP providers I use to have AOL dial up I couldn't get high speed because I live in the country Then a local ISP provider With Or Can't Attachments E-mails Video Send Picture provided higher speed so I got rid of the AOL dial Can't Send E-mails With Picture Or Video Attachments up but kept the AOL sign in name Don't know and can't remember if this problem started before or after I switched providers but at any rate here's my problem I can no longer attach files to my e-mails that contain pictures or videos I can send e-mails with attachments that contain just text I can open e-mails that contain attachments with videos or pictures and I can forward e-mails containg these but I cannot attach any that contain those I had a guy come out who teaches computer Can't Send E-mails With Picture Or Video Attachments classes He ran a speed test on my computer We are suppose to be getting download speed and upload speed The test showed we are getting - download and only - upload speed He thought this could be part of the problem or maybe THE problem I had the provider come out and they checked all the connections and they even put all new connections on but that did't help They went up on the tv tower to check the receiver signal and it showed an extremely weak signal When they installed it they said they had a strong signal When I e-mail someone with an attachment that contains either a video or pictures the progress bar starts moving very slow and when it gets to maybe or it knocks me off line Is my low upload speed the real problem or is it something else Anybody that could help me or give me step by step instuctions would be appreciated ThanksModerator Edit Moved topic to more appropriate forum Animal

A:Can't Send E-mails With Picture Or Video Attachments

This is a rather complicated problem with many possible solutions. I'd first suggest that you iron out the connection problems with the ISP. The weak signal could be the source of all the problems. Have you friend do the speed test again to see if you've got good connectivity - once that's fixed, we can address the email issues by looking at your ISP and at the settings on your system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/85886/cant-send-e-mails-with-picture-or-video-attachments/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello Group,
I purchased a new video camera and took some video of the family pic nic yesterday. I wanted to email it to each of the family members, but after downloading it to my PC, when I try to send it, I get a warning that the file is too big to send that it exceeds the limit. How can I reduce the size of the file without damaging the video? Is it possible to split the file so that cut in half, would automatically reduce the size of the file. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thank you all very much.

Larry

A:RE: Reducing video file size to send via email

You could try "zipping" it up prior to sending, then attach the zip file, but it may not reduce it much if the video is already compressed. You can also split the file as you suggessted, using 7-Zip: http://7-zip.org/

When you've installed 7-Zip, open it's main window and locate the video file with it using File > Open
Now click File > Split File

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-reducing-video-file-size-to-send-via-email.1016080/
Relevancy 43.43%

Are there any programs out there that can compress video files i.e. avi or mpg, so can make it smaller so can make it send faster via internet ? Such as PKzip make it smaller to send faster ?

Thanks.

A:Zipping video files to make it smaller to send faster

You can use winzip trial it's good software

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/zipping-video-files-to-make-it-smaller-to-send-faster-573225.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi, i have a Microsoft Lifecam VX1000 with the windows 7 drivers, and Windows Live Messenger 2009, i can view the webcam in audio video setup within WLM, and if i send vidoe, contacts can see the video, but WLM becomes completely unresponsive and i have to close it down in taskmanager. I've searched everywhere for the solution to this, but nobody else seems to have had the same problem. Incidentally, i have done completely clean reinstallations of WLM and the Lifecam with registry and everything, still no luck. Help please?

A:Lifecam VX1000 wont send video in Windows Live Messenge

Have you tried a completely clean instal of Win7? To ensure some third party software installed along the way isnt somehow interferring?

Also what build of Win7 are you using? It's possible a more recent build (such as the final RTM) might resolve the issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/18579-lifecam-vx1000-wont-send-video-windows-live-messenge.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I have this 'Intel GMA 4500M' video card. I am trying to connect it to my analogue TV. It has a VGA output on the laptop which would mean it would send an analog signal. I have to connect it to the TV through an VGA to RCA adapter on the TV. When I plug it into the TV with a vga to rca connector I do NOT get a picture. So I really don't know if it doesn't support analog or if I'm using the wrong adapter. Is there an analog signal coming out of the video card?

It says on the WEB it also supports dvi but i don't know if that's DVI-D, DVI-I or DVI-A.

Laptop is toshiba L305 S5933

I haven't been able to get my question answered on Google so I am asking here.

A:Will My Intel GMA 4500M Integrated Video card send an analog signal to my analog TV

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-my-intel-gma-4500m-integrated-video-card-send-an-analog-signal-to-my-analog-tv.954895/
Relevancy 39.56%

Well here is my system spec's

Corsair dual-channel pc 3200 memory

MSI "K7N2 Delta2 Platinum" Motherboard

AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton",

ATI 9700 pro 128mb

120 gb Western Digital Hard Drive

Heres what happened, well it all started when i booted up my computer

(everything working fine) then intalling a game (HL 2)and rebooting i saw

that no video was sent to the monitor (then testing it on 2 diffrent pc's)

it worked fine, afterwords i went on ahead and ran some tests on my CPU (in

working condition)Memory (works like a dream)and went on ahead and

bought myself a new mobo(bad idea) so i get back intall my new mobo and

no luck i cant think of anything else to do right now (besides cry in some

corner)

any replys would be much appreciated

Pimp Named Jino

A:No video to monitor

you don't say if you checked the video card?
does the new MB have onboard video?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-to-monitor.18272/
Relevancy 39.56%

Just bought a whole bunch of new computer parts.
I assembled the whole thing, but have no video from the graphics card.

Specs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66 Ghz
Asus P5Q motherboard
Nvidia 9800GTX H2OC
2Gb of RAM (I have 2 more, but will save for later)
320Gb Hard-Drive with Windows XP Home installed.
500W power

*i installed Windows onto the hard-drive with a different computer

So i turn on the power, and it boots up everything is running, but i get nothing to my moniter.

since my moniter only has a VGA cable i am using the adapter that came in to box, but that is not the problem because i used an S-video cable to plug it into my T.V but i get nothing.

What should i do?

A:No Video on monitor

just as a side note, it is fortunate that it will even boot with the OS loaded on another computer unless they are identical.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-on-monitor.108927/
Relevancy 39.56%

Since Saturday I am having problems with my video monitor graphics I have a specs report below if that helps My problem The icons graphics of the windows and the windows are at times too big The aspect ratios are out of scale for my screen Changing the resolution to X Video/Monitor doesn t help I don t have the large icons checkbox selected I can t alter the font size in the appearance dialog box My Video/Monitor startup and taskbar are not visible Not even if I use the windows key on the keyboard My cursor veers out of Video/Monitor visibility range on my screen Some things that are different since Saturday afternoon I started having problems with my McAfee disabling itself A technician worked with me through a complete removal and reinstallation He used remote access to make some changes including internet settings that prevented automatic updates After resolving that issue I rebooted and the monitor resolution changed by itself to the lowest setting like X or something like that That s when the aspect ratios went out of proportion too I couldn t change the settings just by going through the display properties dialog box My former roommate had installed some hardware so I could set my television up as a second monitor I moved about months ago so he removed the hardware Yesterday after I rebooted from the McAfee incident and got the poor resolution I thought the NVDIA software components were unnecessary so I used ADD Remove Programs to uninstall the NVDIA graphics software The desktop resolution returned to normal but the aspect ratios were still out of proportion When I rebooted I got a New Hardware Installation Wizard dialog box about a VGA Controller so I tried to follow up with it but it said it was unable to complete the installation This happened a few times so I reinstalled NVDIA my screen went completely blank and I had to go into safe mode to uninstall it again the Wizard dialog box stopped popping up but I am still experiencing problems - I deleted an NVIDIA folder lingering in a personal folder but that may have been a mistake too I also tried looking for any updated drivers but the one in the report is a few numbers higher than the one they offered so I didn t replace it Ahhhhhhhhh please help Hopefully I didn t overwhelm you with details but I know I forgot something I may have done Saturday What to do Now I guess the Intel Graphics is the default monitor setting Here is some system and monitor info INTEL EXTREME GRAPHICS REPORTReport Date Report Time hr mm ss Driver Version Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Default Language EnglishDirectX Version Physical Memory MBMinimum Graphics Memory MBMaximum Graphics Memory MBGraphics Memory in Use MBProcessor x Processor Speed MHZVendor ID Device ID Device Revision Accelerator Information Accelerator in Use Intel G Graphics ControllerVideo BIOS Not AvailableCurrent Graphics Mode by True Color Hz Other names and brands are the property of their respective owners Dell Dimension seriesBoard Dell Computer Corp N Bus Clock megahertzBIOS Dell Computer Corporation A At the beginning of the boot I see some information about NVIDIA GeforceZ MX- VGA BIOS So does that mean I goofed and deleted important software Can I retrieve it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407686/videomonitor/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Gateway 6510gz laptop with an Intel 855gme extreme graphics chipset, integrated, 64mb. I have an additional monitor hooked up to the VGA port, and am having video playback issues for DVD only. .mpg and .avi files play fine. I just get a blank box where the DVD video should be. DVD Video plays fine on the laptop screen. I have tried Windows Media Player and PowerDVD, and neither one will play the DVDs on the second monitor. I have been thru the settings for both programs, as well as the display settings and have found nothing relevant. Does anybody know what could be causing this? Thanks.

PS, I searched this forum for this problem, and found nothing. If there is another relevant post about this, please link me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-dvd-video-on-second-monitor-107899.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Got this computer that used to have me and someone wiped it and put on win It crashed and could not get past invalid system disk insert disk No disks were in They got the me disk from emachine and wanted that back video monitor or and Me on Had to format and then install me Worked fine and its a restore cd and nortons ghost came up and installed me It found devices and a monitor and installed and win me screen comes up fine and then when it starts I have of everything on Me and monitor or video the desktop and three mouse pointers Its like three of the same pictures one left one middle and one right Display is set ok In device manager only yellow mark is pci I tried monitors one a emachine If I take it back will it work on her monitor If I reinstall it Or are we talking video or drivers Im stumped thanks for any help They dont know why they crashed could a video problem have cased this nbsp

A:Me and monitor or video

ok
I wiped it again and I have 98 and installed that and video is fine. Is it because this is a restore cd and its installing from nortons ghost and it want her exact monitor?
Works fine in 98. I guess I will try to take it to her house wipe it install from restore cd and her monitor
any thoughts

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/me-and-monitor-or-video.275439/
Relevancy 39.56%

I just connected a new HP LCD monitor and set the resolution to 1900 x 1200 (it's recommended) but now for some reason my divx and xvid files won't play anymore no matter what media player I try. (VLC etc.)
I get sound, but no video.
Just before the new monitor was attached, I was playing a tv show with no problem but I can't figure out what could have gone wrong.

Any ideas?

I'm using an ATI Radeon 9600 on XP PRO

A:New Monitor, no Video??

Have you tried it with changing the resolution? Are you certain you are saying 1900X1200, that doesn't even sound like a valid resolution and it has to be a very odd shape which has to be causing the issue I think. 900X1440 maybe you mean?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-monitor-no-video.783820/
Relevancy 39.56%

So, I just moved up to College, exciting I know. I unload all my stuff, and anxiously plug in computer to check my e-mail in my new dorm room. I turn it on, and nothing. Computer is on, but the monitor just blinks its RGB test colors. Worried, I've taken out the video card, blown out the slot, and reinserted it to no avail. I've pushed in the ram, made sure my processor is seated correctly, and didn't find any jumpers bouncing around. I've tested a different monitor, and a different video card. Same thing, nothing goes to the screen. I don't hear any beeps signifying any errors. I don't have any idea what else to check. Any one have any ideas for me?

A:No video to the monitor

Fixed. I had a short some wheres. Probably from one of my jimmy rigged cords. Always remember to check those people!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-to-the-monitor.746280/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, my name is ashton roesbery and i am currently on a windows xp home edition, version 2002, and a service pack 1. it's manufactured and supported by compaq and presario. it has 2.8 GHz and 504 mb of ram. just recently i downloaded spybot search and destroy. i thought it would get rid of the"send error report thing but it didn't. when i clicked "send error report," it brought me to a screen with a message about downloading windows version service pack 2. i tried downloading it but it said, your system doesn't support it". when i click "don't send," it logs me off any internet activity im doing. for some reason it doesn't let me get onto my email. what should i do?

A:"send Error Report Or Dont Send", Thing Keeps Popping Up.

Hi ashton_r,You actually have a couple of things going on here. Let start with the message "send Error Report Or Dont Send". That message is from XP's error handling services. When XP has a problem, you can choose to send a report to Microsoft that helps them debug XP. One of the nice things about this feature is if there is a fix, you can usuall click a link on the acknoledgement window that will take you to Microsoft to download a patch or fix. It is possible that is when you are getting the option to download SP2. SpyBot is a tool to remove adware/spyware/malware. It doeas clean up a lot of "junk" on your computer. It may or may not help with your problem. If you suspect you have the bad stuff on your system, I would recommend using this post Start HereIMHO, I would make sure all viruses, malware, adware, was off of my computer before applying SP2. Good luck... hope this helps.Rigel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/41265/send-error-report-or-dont-send-thing-keeps-popping-up/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have an Acer 22" monitor that is 2 yrs. old. I have an ATI 2600 video card that is less than a year old. And I have been noticing in the last 2 months. My screen will all of a sudden go black. Or when I restart sometimes my screen will not show up at all.
I am running XP pro, Gigabyte motherboard,AMD 64x2 Dual 6000+ cpu, 2 Gigs memory. Computer just rebuilt in Jan.

A:Not Sure Video or Monitor problem

Only way to test is to change one or the other.
My bet is on the Acer with the horrible experience we have had with them. We see a lot of dead ones after 15 months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-sure-video-or-monitor-problem.121690/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello All I have a Compal CL laptop that was OEM d by mWave I ve had it for a few years now It has an Intel Mobile Ghz proc with GB of RAM and an ATI Mobility Radeon video card I was it yesterday and everything was fine and then I turned and looked at it and the screen was black and when I say black on mean like it s not on black not No Monitor on Laptop Video the grayish black you get when it has a signal but the signal is black The computer was still on though I tried doing a hard power down by holding the power button but it wouldn t shut off so I had to remove the battery first time I ve ever had to do that I powered it back up but I still get nothing at all on the monitor although I can do a hard power down now without having to remove the battery I also don t believe it is fully booting up because when I turn it on I can hear the fan spin up and the DVD drive starts clicking but I don t get the normal lights I gave it a few minutes to get to where it would be at the login screen if I had video and then I hit the Caps Lock button to see if the Caps Lock light comes on but No Video on Laptop Monitor it doesn t which tells me it No Video on Laptop Monitor s not making it to the login screen I can open the DVD drive though I connected an external monitor but was not able to get anything on their either because the external monitor doesn t see a signal I m thinking that my video card is toast My reason for thinking that is because it s not making it to the login screen If it was making it to the login screen then I would think the monitor was toast Also if it was something like the processor or RAM I would expect to get something on the monitor as it first starts to load up and then it would tell me it s missing the proc or the RAM I guess that maybe it could be the motherboard too but I m not sure on that Anybody have any thoughts or things for me to try Anyone know of a way to test the video card or motherboard I m pretty saavy when it comes to computers and I have no problem taking it apart to find the problem Thanks in Advance Jared nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-on-laptop-monitor.853999/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a Micro Pro laptop, Sis 650 video card, with a VGA connection in the back where I have connected an external lcd monitor. Everything displays just fine on the external monitor except movies. When any media player is open and is playing a movie, there is just a blank screen in the player on the ex monitor.

I know that someone posted a similar question like this in 02 but I'm not sure that it was answered? (http://forum.digital-digest.com/arch...p/t-14176.html)

I read somewhere else on the net that it may be because of the level that the movie was playing on because for 650's movie playback is on the default monitor?

Anyways, I'm stuck and can't find any solutions. If anyone could help me I would be the happiest man alive... serioulsy.

A:Video Problem on ex. Monitor

Hi Rumpelstiltskin and welcome to TSF !

Try these possible solutions :

I suppose you're using windows media player. In WMP go to tools => options => performances and set the video acceleration to none. See if the video appears on the other monitor now. If that's not enough you can also set the hardware acceleration to none in the display properties => settings => advanced => troubleshoot tab.

In the display properties, settings tab, try to play with the "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" and "use this device as the primary monitor" settings when selecting the monitor #2. See if you can set the monitor #2 (the external monitor) as primary monitor. Depending on your video drivers if you click advanced in the settings tab you may find another tab whith some multi displays or multi monitors settings. You may be able to change which screen is your primary display and which one is the secondary display there as well. Here are some links with more info :
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307873
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u.../monitors.mspx

Try playing the video with another video player, like vlc or media player classic and move the window manually onto the other monitor via the edge of the screen when the desktop is extended to both monitors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/video-problem-on-ex-monitor-173304.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,

Well I have a GeForce FX 5600 Ultra, and it has served me well for about a month without any problems at all. But recently my video frames in Counter-Strike have been going down, and just 5 days ago when I try to turn my computer on, everything was fine but my monitor wouldn't turn on, I tried to fix this problem by putting my power supply power higher, now my monitor turns on but it has some odd screen; little gray and black centimeter sized blocks, and it has a few colored blocks also. It just stays like this for a while, then it goes black, then back to the same screen.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

BTW it started shutting off by itself when I brought it to a "byoc" lan.

Sysyem Specs.
============
1.6 GHz AMD Athlon
512 PC2100
GeForce FX5600 Ultra

Thank you,

Jon-Jon

A:Video/Monitor Problem

Well, like many say, if you can take you computer to a lna and have it work, your computer can go through just about anything. Try reseating the AGP card itself, if you havent cleaned it in a while (2weeks is a regular schedule) do so. The pins on the AGP card may creep up or become loosely connected to the slot. Next inspect the card itself for any physical damage. Also, if you transported your computer into and cooler or hotter area than your house (a 70 degree house and bringing it to a 64 degree conference room) this puts strain on your components. Many components when worked in a single area for a long time tend to grow on the environment that they are in. But just reseat your card, check the pins and the card itself for wear. This will most likely fix your problem. My R9800 Pro does the same thing after a while. It does no damage to the card as far as i can tell.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-monitor-problem.12065/
Relevancy 39.13%

Greetings

I need a video card to install a second monitor. Chances are, 64mb would work, since I only plan to use it with Dreamweaver. Other than the mb, I don't know what kind of video card would work. PriceWatch has some very inexpensive cards, so can anyone make a recommendation?

Thanks.

Relevancy 39.13%

Hello The computer screen has a pronounced flicker Monitor/video card? from time to time as Monitor/video card? if the power has been briefly interrupted Would like to determine if this Monitor/video card? is a monitor or video card problem Fairly certain it is heat related The most dramatic example happened last night The screen went dark except for a band Monitor/video card? about a fourth of a screen height displayed about a third of the way down from the top It looked as if the top of the desktop display had been lowered a couple of inches down and the bottom was raised up jammed about five inches Clt Alt Delete restored screen to full so the Start button could be used for Log Off Have detected no particular pattern of occurance other than the heat factor It does seem to become more active when fairly full graphics are involved i e cards displayed in all plots of Freecell Solitaire Has not pulsed at all while reviewing threads and posting this note about and hour Any thoughts suggestions appreciated DAB nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

The B amp W photos I have as desktop Video moire monitor images used to be nice and smoothly toned Now I believe what I see is the moire effect where shading is quot craggy quot and crude looking Video monitor moire Obviously I want to return Video monitor moire to the prior environment I have a CTX GMe monitor of some age and a Diamond Stealth d graphics card with mb of memory I believe I have the current Diamond Stealth driver but the Settings tab on the monitor control panel window doesn t give me the screen sizes My question is the Diamond Stealth quot In contol quot toolpack stuff my video driver Shoudl I instead go after a CTX driver Note that I had this unit in the shop in July when the original C drive went out and they had to put my win system on another drive This problem started around that time and I ve postponed dealing with it Any comments would be appreciated or links to how-to sites about changing the drivers I m skittish about fiddling with this sutff and before this major surgery everything I had worked OK this moire effect didn t happen So I m perplexed as to why how it showed up and how to diagnose it Thanks PS No matter what color palette I choose the color rainbow reamins craggy and not smooth What are the implications of that fact That probably holds the key but I don t know how to interpret it nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I've had an HP vs17e LCD monitor for about a month now, and it works great. The only problem is that with video like in Windows Media Player and even some games the quality is really dark, even though the normal monitor settings are bright and clear. I'm not sure what's causing this, but it's really noticable. What would be causing this?

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi everyone. Today I just purchased a new video card, a nvidia 6600 gt AGP. A guy installed and sold it to me but when he tried it on his monitor it worked fine. But now when I try it on my monitor it just pops out as a blank screen. Does this mean I have to buy a new monitor (his monitor was bigger then mine if that has to do with anything) or do I just have to change some settings in my computer in order for the monitor to respon properly. Everything else works the same. My monitor is a Compaq FS7600 15-16 inches I believe. My Main concern is if I have to buy a new monitor(if so how big) or can I simply change this with a change in the settings. Thank you for your time.

A:New video card and monitor help

Monitor size is going to have little to do with it. Did you check to make sure that your monitor is plugged into the AVG card and not onboard? I know it sounds basic, but it's a detail a lot of people forget. That is, if you have onboard video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-and-monitor-help.97284/
Relevancy 39.13%

Help, all of the sudden my screen is now too white. not sure if it's my monitor or my video card (N vidia GEforce 6150 le) I tried to adjust my monitor nothing seemed to work. I tried to adjust my NVIDIA settings by moving my contrast and adjusting the gamma and brightness i can get the screen to go darker but but something is still wrong with the white the color is way off. I also updated my NVIDIA software still does not work. i also noticed that Google updated my picasa to picasa 3 would this have anything to do with it
help
thx realitycheck

A:Video card or monitor ????

Borrow another monitor, see if the problem persists. If it does, then it's the video card. I would firstly suspect the monitor, but better to test it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-or-monitor.775925/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi folks I ve a bit of a dilemma on my hands I recently purchased a HDTV and wanted to set it up as a nd monitor for my PC My PC is running video cards one on the motherboard one added in a slot The usual setup is using the nd card to run the monitor I wanted to use the motherboard video to run the TV since it has a HDMI port I went into BIOS and turned on the video card I had it TV switching Video between Monitor & disabled since I only had one monitor I updated the drivers then I hooked up the TV The video started showing on the TV for a second or two then it would show on the monitor for a second or two Video switching between Monitor & TV It switches back amp forth every couple of seconds I unplugged the TV and it works fine I am running Windows the TV is a Toshiba tl u The motherboard is a XFX MG- Mi- GeForce - NVIDIA nForce i and the nd video card is a Galaxy GeForce GS MB PCIe w DVI Let me know if you need any more information Thanks nbsp

A:Video switching between Monitor & TV

When you fit a standalone video card, the integrated one on the motherboard is (usually) automatically disabled by the BIOS as otherwise their respective drivers would both be fighting for the same resources, and that sort of conflict has to be avoided.

If you want to run two monitors, you must forget about using the integrated video adapter altogether. You must either buy another video card to fit alongside your Galaxy card, or remove the Galaxy card and fit a "dual-head" video card which has two output ports which can both be used at the same time (do not confuse that with a video card which may have a VGA and a DVI port but which cannot both be used at the same time).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-switching-between-monitor-tv.1037870/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi!! I have a question, how do I change my resolution to 1440x900? I go into Screen Resolution and there is no 1440x900 in between 1360x768 and 1600x900. I have the driver for my monitor and my Nvidia 8300 GS Video Card (256 MB), so what do I do???

r2d2

P.S!!!!!!
Yes I have windows 7.

A:Monitor and Video Card

Go to the advanced options on that screen and on the adapter Tab you will see a button for List all Modes and you should be able to select the resolution you want from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/19564-monitor-video-card.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi All I am pretty sure that his question has been ask before but here goes again I am looking to upgrade my video card and my Monitor in the video Monitor what do? card?!?! & to near future I want to go in the HD direction so here are my choices of monitors Acer H H bmid quot ms HDMI Widescreen Full HD P LCD Monitor cd m ACM ASUS VH H quot ms HDMI Widescreen Full HD P LCD Monitor Built in Speakers cd m ASCR w SPDIF out ASUS VH H quot ms GTG Monitor & video card?!?! what to do? HDMI Widescreen Full HD P LCD Monitor cd m ASCR Built in Speakers Since I am new to the HD world Yes I have been living under a rock I would like to know what should I be looking for and what should I stay away from Also in the video card department I have no clue what to got for Seeing how we have an extremely good group of knowledgeable Vistanians here I figure I could have some good suggestions from you guys and gals I do have a preference for NVIDIA graphic cards Here are a few details of what I use my PC for D work Modeling mostly with ds max Graphic work Adobe CS and some CS Some CAD D work AutoCAD and Revit Gaming Crysis DOD s CS s Insurgency I would like to be able to have a card that would last for a reasonable time I am open to any of your recommendations for the screen and or the video card Last little details Screen wise I do not need anything more than quot and for the video card I will be plugging a second monitor VGA or DVI I will only be using it for my email and work pallets I thank you guys and gals in advance

A:Monitor & video card?!?! what to do?

HD isnt about the default resolutions, eg/ 720p, 1080i, 1080p. HD resolutions are any resolutions that contain more than 900,000 pixels on screen, effectively you have been using HD with the monitor you already have, since that monitor has capabilities of displaying 1,310,720 pixels on screen, you have already been using high definition. however, some people swear blind that high definition is the set default resolutions stated above, which is not true. high definition sources have been around since the 1960s but we were hampered for a screen to display such resolutions at that time. i hope this is an insight to your next choice of monitor, personally, you dont need to go over 22" and with a resolution of 1680x1050, these resolutions are higher definition than a 720p television.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/201488-monitor-video-card-what-do.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have two video cards that I Monitor Video Second Second on card can and sometimes do put into SLi however most of the time I dont because I have two monitors However when out of SLi I understand that most of the video load just goes on to one video card Instead of that I want to divide the load by having the second video card manage my second monitor instead of the both at once The problem is whenever I plug my second monitor into either of Second Monitor on Second Video card the ports on my second video card no monitor is detected at all its as if it doesnt exist Is there any way to get it to work Here are my computer specs CPU Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz Motherboard EVGA NVIDIA i SLI Case Lian Li ATX Full Tower Total RAM GB DDR -pin Video Card GeForce GT MB amp Video Card GeForce GT MB Monitor SCEPTRE quot ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor Monitor Tyris quot ms DVI LCD Monitor Hard Drive Unknown Origins - GB IDE RPM Hard Drive amp Windows XP Professional Hard Drive Western Digital Raptor GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive Hard Drive Western Digital Raptor GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive amp Hard Drive Western Digital Raptor GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive amp amp RAID for a GB partition amp amp amp Windows Vista Ultimate I am using Vista primarily now although this issue is on both XP and Vista I have updated all my drivers for my video cards and for my motherboard on Vista been a few months since I did that for XP but did Vista only today as I installed it yesterday nbsp

A:Second Monitor on Second Video card

bump for great justice!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/second-monitor-on-second-video-card.651115/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I was recently having some problems with my pc randomly shutting down particularly when running high memory usage programs If I turned it back to monitor No signal video on immediately after shutdown it would shutdown pretty much on starting windows - I would have to wait a good few hours before I could use it again properly I therefore opened up my computer to check that all the fans were working No problem there I then thought that the fans may No video signal to monitor be inhibited by dust So I removed the CPU and removed any dust that No video signal to monitor was blocking the fan I also did this for both of my GPUs I have now fitted everything back together and I went to boot up my pc but for some reason the monior isn t receiving a signal from the gpu It s definitely not a problem with the monitor as ive plugged this into other pcs laptops and it works fine The fans on both GPUs are spinning indicating that these are fitted properly Ive tried just using the one gpu thinking that one may be malfunctioning and also tried to alternate the gpu slots but still no luck Monitor won t pick up signal I m using x GT gpu And my psu is an arctic nbsp

A:No video signal to monitor

Try another power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-signal-to-monitor.178868/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi there

The "Hot" item this year seems to be the nice large 4K TV / monitor systems. I'm curious to know where you can get full 4K resolution videos (say movies / TV series) these days -- even the "dubious places" don't have more than one or two items.

Blu Ray only delivers full 1080p so where do you buy 4K content and on what medium do you get it on.

I think Netflix might start doing some streaming at 4K in the new year -- better have a good Internet connection though.

The content I have seen on a decent monitor is superb -- far far better than even the best quality 1080P stuff.

These monitors / TV's are also loads cheaper than a year ago -- looking actually "semi-affordable" instead of only for "Lottery winners".

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/34647-new-4k-monitor-users-what-video-do-you-use-them.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have an ATI Radeon 7200 Video Card and a KDS Visual Sensations VS-190is Monitor. My colors are messed up, everything has a blueish tint, there is no red and my greens appear yellow. This problem comes and goes, but sometimes, like today, it hangs around longer. Usually it is this way for about a minute when I first turn my system on, but usually goes away. I have asked around about this problem and I keep hearing either my Vid Card or Monitor is bad. Is anyone familiar with this problem and could you please tell me where it lies and if I have to replace either? Thanks...

Relevancy 39.13%

we have a Gateway performance 450, we are getting lines or shadows streaking from the text or dark objects when a window is open. most tech sites said it was the monitor, but we replaced the monitor only to have the same problem with the new one. Now we are puzzled, is it the video card or something else? We tried moving the power supply to a different source because we read that it could be a reflection of the signal, but still have the lines. Anybody know why or how to get rid of the lines ( streaks )?

Rich & Lisa

Relevancy 39.13%

I have a HANNS-G monitor "HW191D" SEVERAL YRS. OLD.. screen suddenly lost video with power still OK.. Then when I turn the monitor off then on, the video returns for 5 sec, then goes black again. I hooked that monitor to my "acer aspire one" and got the same reaction as was happening on my desk top, which is running XP?? Nothing was added or changed to the system before this happened.

THX

A:Monitor loses video

Ok, so its definitely the monitor. Possibly an issue with it's power supply but it would have to be repaired, or just replaced as its rarely worth fixing a monitor. Hanns-G does have 3 year warranties I do believe so if its less then that you could try to get warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-loses-video.927296/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

Maybe someone can help me figure out what is going on here. When I boot my computer, I only get 4 bit graphics and the system won't let me change it. This is a new problem. I figured a video card problem, but interestingly, when I boot in safe mode I can change and get a good display. This makes me think it is not a hardware problem.

I tried reinstalling windows XP. with no luck.

Finally, I installed Illustrator the day before this started happening. However, the problem did not start until the following day.

I guess I will try a new card, but I wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas.

Thanks,

Mark

A:Help, Monitor or Video Card or What?

Try reinstalling your video driver.

What could you change it to in safe mode? You should only be able to change it to 16 colors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-monitor-or-video-card-or-what-4746.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I just moved my desktop pc from home to my apartment and I'm not getting any display on the monitor now. The monitor just blinks on and off when connected and doesn't show anything at all, tried reconnecting numerous times. My computer runs fine; all fans are running, but i noticed that my computer gave off two quick beeps 10ish seconds after booting. so both the computer and the monitor do work individually, is there something else im missing?

A:No video display on monitor

With out any video output how are you determining the computer is working properly? Because you heard a couple beeps and the fans are running? Do you hear the Windows theme when it would normally reach the Desktop screen?

First thing I would do is opent the computer case and make sure that nothing was jarred loose during the move. Such as a video card coming partially out of a socket. Make sure all the power cables to the motherboard are secure (best way is to disconnect then reconnect the plugs). Check to be sure the ram is seated fully.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-video-display-on-monitor.1029743/
Relevancy 39.13%

i recently on New No help!!! monitor...please Video Builder, recieved an Emachine W with the original motherboard with no components on New Builder, No Video on monitor...please help!!! it I then purchased an ATI video card a Power Man ATX power supply a cd drive a mb memory stick and a gb WD Caviar SE hard drive Now to mine and a fellow computer builders knowledge everything is plugged in correctly and everything powers on All fans spin even the one on the video card spins which means everything is getting power hard drive works cd drive works but there is no video feed Now my friend told me theres an onboard video card but the monitor plug in for the mother board is all messed up and has been removed I was told that i need to tell the motherboard to read from the other video card instead of the New Builder, No Video on monitor...please help!!! onboard one but i dont know how to do that Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Has anyone successfully managed to get video displayed on both monitors? Unlike in XP when I watch a video, it is only played back on my primary monitor.

A:ATI - Dual Monitor - Video

I had to use the windows display settings to set the default monitor. Now both are working

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/1834-ati-dual-monitor-video.html
Relevancy 39.13%

i have a dell dimension 2400 ive used to monitors both doin the same thing the first one had an hour glass picture of the desktop after it booted up i thought it was monitor so i threw it away. the second is turning a see thru blue while browsing the net ,games or anything. ive reinstalled xp and reset bios but still doing it. my graphics card is integrated. if it is a graphics issue can you suggest a nice card that be good for games and compatiable with my system but in a cheap range. thank you.

A:video card or monitor

if you have a PCI_E port on the motherboard then a GT 220 is a good enough card, almost puts my 8800GT to shame

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-card-or-monitor.872534/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have recently bought a hdmi splitter to output my computer display to 2 televisions in able to stream sports to two different rooms . everything was working fine until my windows 8 pc corrupt and i had to reinstall the OS. Now when I have both televisions connected I am only able to do so if I change the refresh rate to 30hz (interlaced) but at this refresh rate the streams are very choppy. anybody any idea how to sort this?

A:Video on second monitor is choppy.

Video output should be at the screens native resolution (most likely 1920x1080 @ 60hz).

Get the system working on a single TV and then reinstall the splitter.

Have you updated ALL of the drivers? A standard OS install uses generic outdated drivers. Windows update also doesn't properly support/update all hardware. For best results, manually update the drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-on-second-monitor-is-choppy.1134090/
Relevancy 39.13%

Here s my rig CPU Intel Core Duo Processor Motherboard nForce i Ultra PSU Xclio GoodPower W RT Memory Gig Patriot My friend and I put this together and when we turned it on there was no video Monitor(Video) Issues going to the monitor We guessed it was the Video Card and sent it back to the company They RMA d it for us and we got the new one later After installing Monitor(Video) Issues that we got the same issue The monitor does work I am using it on my old computer right now I tried my old monitor on the new PC and that did not work either When I turn it on all the fans work even on the Graphics Card lights go on Everything But I don t think it is doing POST I hear no beeps and obviously my monitor is getting no signal So I can only assume it isn t POST I ve tried my RAM in each of the slots and my Graphics Card has Dual Monitor Support so I ve tried both of those too Dunno what to do Please help nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, i recently got a new computer, that has 3 GB memory, 400 HD, n AMD 64x2.

i like to play games and watch a lot of movies on my computer, so i had to get a new video card, i got the ATI Radeon X1650

i was told it runs great with games and movies, so i got it. It does work great on my monitor, but when i unplug my monitor, n plug it in to a TV, the video quality is all choppy.

any suggestions? I've already updated the drivers by the way. Thanks for any help.

A:Video Troubles Off The Monitor....

Hi

How are you connecting it to the TV, sepcify cable and sockets.

Codecs can also be an issue have you got all the needed ones.

Have you updated Direct X to the latest version.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-troubles-off-the-monitor.83193/
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm working on a friend's PC & this AM it started not having communication between PC & monitor,First it took along time for anything to show on screen ,then I wiggled monitor cable & it came on but went out again after rebooting..I put another pc on that monitor & it worked fine ,so I thought video card but I tried a known good one & got same problem .. It recognized the video card once after several tries but kept rebooting.It has a k7s5a MB with a matrox pci graphics card... I tried an agp card in & it did the same.It would boot in safe mode then reboot when I tried to do anything.I'm thinking MB, Any thoughts would be appreciated.. Thanks People..
WWJD

Relevancy 39.13%

Have started to see blocks of different color on screen. Similar to spreadsheet grids, a couple of columns wide, running vertically down screen. Can see color in every other "block". What's happening?!

A:Monitor or video card?

Swap out the monitor first. What type is it, LCD or CRT? What are you computer specs/video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-or-video-card.128279/
Relevancy 39.13%

ive been lookin at the 7600GT and it has to spots for the monitor but and they are both dvi and silver? does a blue monitor connector fit into that?

A:Monitor and Video Card

Blue, do you mean by that a VGA-cable?

If so, it will not fit in and you will have to buy a VGA-DVI adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-and-video-card.48662/
Relevancy 39.13%

I want to hook up my playstation 2 and gamecube to my computer monitor, which has vga and dvi inputs. I used to have one of those "vga boxes" where you hook up the rca cables to your computer monitor, but you only get 640x480 resolution. Are there any CHEAP cables or converters that convert something like component video or s-video to vga (or dvi if it works with my lcd monitor). Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/component-video-to-vga-monitor.442647/
Relevancy 39.13%

about 30 to 40 minutes after I boot up my desktop PC the screen goes flooy
lightning fast jumpy lines shoot across and cover the fuzzy screen. The monitor
is a 22" HP flat screen that came with my HP a1730n desktop package about 4
years ago. The video card is a new ( 3 monthes old ) 275 GTX 1792 MB nvidia
which has been lightly used and worked fine since I got it.

Is this problem most likely the monitor or the video card?

A:Monitor or video card?

Initial guess would be the monitor. Have you got another monitor to swap in it's place temporarily? What were you using for a video card prior to this one? Can you go back to it temporarily? Have you tried another resolution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-or-video-card.931438/
Relevancy 39.13%

using windows xp with no problem til this morning. computer normal til shut down then returned a short while later. both edges have wavy lines with black showing plus screen is blurry. monitor is about 6-7 years old while computer about 3years. feel like been on all night drunk looking at screen with a drop of booze. thanks for any help. sunnyleec

Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I have SAMSUNG SyncMaster MP manufacture date - week which was purchased LONG time back as evident by the manufacture date and obviously out of warranty I also have NVIDIA GeForce LE Video Card memory MB Btw I got this information from quot PC doctor - for windows quot when I ran the diagnostics on both monitor and video card The diagnostics did NOT report any problem s My desktop my ? monitor Bad Please are video or is Is Help. both or card bad HP m n is also pretty old and out of warranty too The desktop is currently running Windows XP running old and the operating system details are as follows Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition Professional Service Pack Service Pack Build Number DirectX Version c I recently set the resolution on the monitor to Bit Hz when the monitor started giving me trouble at a higher resolution of The monitor started suddenly going blank with power light blinking and then came back on its own After I reduced the resolution to Bit Hz the things improved a LOT but for a few days ONLY Now again it is going black and comes back on on its own with power indicator on Please note that after going black it comes back on without me switching the power supply off PLEASE HELP me I am NOT sure whether this is a monitor problem or the video card problem or both Also please note that I have NOT downloaded the XP updates for a long long time after my system crashed installng latest XP updates long time back Do you want me to Download TSG SysInfo utility and run and attach the log Thanks a LOT nbsp

A:Is my monitor or video card is Bad or both are bad ? Please Help.

I ran the utility and here is the log.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, x86 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1982 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE , 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 296214 MB, Free - 170190 MB; D: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 277057 MB; E: Total - 9011 MB, Free - 802 MB; K: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 139735 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., NODUSM, 1.03, MS1C67S04600580
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-monitor-or-video-card-is-bad-or-both-are-bad-please-help.1020453/
Relevancy 39.13%

Explain this to me....friend was saying that you can buy Analog or Digital monitor and your computer may not support Digital. How does this work? If I bought a digital monitor......what would I need to have in my computer to use it?

Thanks, Paul

A:Digital Video Monitor??????

If the monitor only has a digital input then yes, you would need a video card with a dvi output.
Most have either, vga or dvi, but it's quite possible that newer lcd monitors only have dvi inputs.

Not sure if there is sometype of adapter that can be used, best bet is to buy the appropriate monitor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/digital-video-monitor.89919/
Relevancy 39.13%

KDS Visual Sensations VS-190

Did a new clean install of Windows 98 Second.
Where can I get the right driver for monitor?
Tried some I downloaded, vs-190is, vs-190p, vs-190i.exe

None of them install properly. Can only get 16 color or 2 color.

thanks, Don

A:Monitor video adapter

It's not the monitor driver you need, its the driver for the video card you need.

Can you post the make and model of your computer for the specs for it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-video-adapter.762632/
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently built a new system but kept look but new Same video very card, different monitor, the same monitor I m using an Acer quot LED widescreen monitor forgot the exact model number - let me know if it matters and I ll find it The old video card was a GeForce GS The new card is a Geforce GT The view angle did not change The monitor settings did not change I m using the same version of Windows XP Pro SP with the same display settings and monitor drivers The NVIDIA control panel is the same version and I set it Same monitor, new video card, but very different look to match the old one most settings were default just a contrast brightness tweak Same monitor, new video card, but very different look or two But with the new system card the greys in Windows all bleed together the display looks washed out and when I adjust gamma and brightness contrast to fix these problems there is too much contrast in darker colored areas and the hue seems off I do a lot of graphics and video work and have projects in progress it s very important that I m not second guessing my work due to a display that doesn t match the one I used to use Any ideas why this is Any suggestions on how to fix it I d prefer to find a fix that doesn t involve lots of settings tweaking as I ve already tried this and failed and because I don t want to second guess my settings for the life of this system nbsp

A:Same monitor, new video card, but very different look

It's possible that a BIOS setting was changed when you upgraded, so make sure you're still set to PEG or PCIe graphics, and set the bus speed to the right generation (PCIe 2.0 in your case), disable multi-monitor, etc. Anyway that's a long shot, the real problem may be that you got a bad video card. If possible, try it in another system and see if the problem persists.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/same-monitor-new-video-card-but-very-different-look.200583/
Relevancy 39.13%

Recently installed a new Radeon 9250 and in World of Warcraft I have noticed weird bright spots across the bottom of the screen, the center of them being white and the edges are all spectrum colors. A friend told me this was 'burn-in' and I shouldn't worry about it, but what exactly is burn in? Could it be artifacts? I've heard of them but I don't really know what they are. The monitor is an old CRT, I'm estimating around 8 years --- would it be that? It's been shaking a little bit (the screen) and it had trouble turning on today.

Thanks for the help.

A:Monitor or Video card?

grayG said:

Recently installed a new Radeon 9250 and in World of Warcraft I have noticed weird bright spots across the bottom of the screen, the center of them being white and the edges are all spectrum colors. A friend told me this was 'burn-in' and I shouldn't worry about it, but what exactly is burn in? Could it be artifacts? I've heard of them but I don't really know what they are. The monitor is an old CRT, I'm estimating around 8 years --- would it be that? It's been shaking a little bit (the screen) and it had trouble turning on today.

Thanks for the help.Click to expand...

It is most likely the card. What does you friend mean by "burn in"? Just to be sure; What computer do you have? What brand and model #? Better yet, what power supply and how many watts or how many amps are on the +12V Rail?

EDIT:
Does the screen have artifacts or "lines" outside of World of Warcraft?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-or-video-card.65238/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have incompatibility? Video monitor two nice Samsung Syncmaster monitors a quot and a quot Both support analog VGA and digital DVI connections The quot works with my new HP Pavilion 'HPE- t' desktop system VGA and DVI but the quot only works with a Video monitor incompatibility? VGA connection connecting via DVI Video monitor incompatibility? gives the Samsung error message quot video mode not supported quot The Pavilion system has an ATI Radeon card with DVI VGA and HDMI outputs I have set it to x resolution which is the highest resolution supported by the monitors The quot monitor works great via either a DVI or VGA connection with my old PC a -yr old Pavilion HP Support says that maybe my quot monitor is not supported by Windows I don't know what the O S has to do with Video monitor incompatibility? it - isn't this a problem between the signal being put out by the ATI video card and the monitor Are other people having problems with new Windows systems not working with older monitors Isn't quot DVI quot a STANDARD

A:Video monitor incompatibility?

when do you get the video mode not supported message? immediately or after windows starts to load? have you tried setting your refresh rate to 60hz? does it work in safe mode?

edit just had a quick poke around the interweb , seems it may be either faulty or not cmpatible with your card...................

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=208019

also apparently the ATI cards are combined analogue/digital connections not digital only so maybe a cable issue?

http://www.asisupport.com/ts_asus_dvi-i_to_dvi-d.htm

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/80515-video-monitor-incompatibility.html