Windows Support Forum

NVidia Drivers BSOD-ing in Crysis

Q: NVidia Drivers BSOD-ing in Crysis

since I installed the nVidia GeForce driver taken from guru d com I can t play for too long in Crysis as i get a BSOD related to nvkdlm sys or something like this or if i don t get a BSOD the game says it crashed and then I start seeing artifacts in windows another weird thing is that if I play Crysis for a while and try a different game Crysis BSOD-ing Drivers in NVidia eg GoW GRiD COD I get a BSOD in a while but if I don t enter Crysis load a level I don t have any problems I tried getting back to the latest WHQL NVidia Drivers BSOD-ing in Crysis drivers i think or the newer one but I get the same thing My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate x Specs CPU C D E stock cooled by a Zalman CNPS Mobo ASUS P N E-SLI PLUS BIOS rev RAM GB DDR PC - - - - GPU nVidia GeForce GTS the old G core one stock HDD x Seagate GB in RAID PSU Antec TP - Case Antec P x Front Intake rear Exhaust top Exhaust lower chamber PSU cooler all mm Antec tricool fans before NVidia Drivers BSOD-ing in Crysis these drivers I had no problems what so ever also I only crash when after playing Crysis DMark Vantage and CoJ DX benchmarks all other games work fine I remember there was some kind of way of totally erasing what would remain of the nVidia drivers after an uninstall besides formatting C but I forgot it and the tool I found nVidia Nasty File Remover shows me all DLLs belonging in system not only the nv ones so I m afraid of deleting any of them if anyone can tell me what to do or how they clean up leftover driver files nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: NVidia Drivers BSOD-ing in Crysis

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: NVidia Drivers BSOD-ing in Crysis

You could try running Driver Cleaner Pro to clean up the left over files. Going into the system directory and manually deleting .dll files is typically not a good idea. If you could post the minidump to the corresponding BSOD, I'm sure someone would be able to tell you exactly what the problem is. My guess would be that it's a driver side issue but there are a number of things that could be to blame. Also, make sure that your graphics card isn't overheating as that can produce system errors as well.

Driver Cleaner Pro Download:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-drivers-bsod-ing-in-crysis.109226/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm not trying to ask a dumb question here but I just thought this would stir up a good subject. What Card does Nvidia make(or do they)that will play crysis at all max settings and Max Res at close to 60-100FPS? I have seen a system with an 8800 Ultra SLI and out past the 2000 range res it dropped to around 25fps.
What about the new GTX280?
(PS. Please dont anyone post saying they have less than an 8800 video card and are smoking crysis above 60 fps. Thats simply not true!)

A:Crysis and Nvidia ?

Well, what do you mean when you say max settings and max Res.. max settings can be achieved and played on very well.. but at WHAT MAX RES is the question. If I use my 19 inch Dell, my GTX260 plays it amazingly well.. but I never ever use the 19 for games. I play on my 22inch Widescreen. and on that size, and ANYTHING above it, it's pretty safe to say that nothing plays crysis on max and max above 60... thats about the MAX. nothing gets crysis on max settings to 100.

Crysis was a great game, but it was rushed. and was NOT optimized at all. the New Crysis Warhead will play much much better and will run like a charm. but the original just doesn't. No matter what system you use.

So there's a few answers to your question, but a true answer. Where the TRUE res for the game to play at it's prime and best state. is 2560x1600
and at that res, on a 30 inch LCD. no card at the moment can get "Crysis" to play with everything max, but most all other games do decent. Crysis just wasn't very well made in that area. the new Crysis will look slightly better than the original, but run very very well on much weaker systems.
So my GTX260 will run the new one like a Charm.. and I can't wait.

If you haven't seen about it. Check this out.
Crysis Warhead

IGN: Crysis Warhead

Looks good, and today they released the date it's coming.

September 16th baby. I'm exited to shoot some peeps!

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/173838-crysis-nvidia.html
Relevancy 62.78%

<HTML>
<BODY>
Hi, my name is Yash and i want a help. Can somebody please tell me how to run Crysis 3 on Intel graphics.<Br> I have a i3 4th gen with 2gb graphic card and ram 4gb.<BR> still i am unable to play it. It always says that you need dx11 capable GPU
but i don't understand because i already do have dx11. help please.
</BODY>
</HTML>

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2cfeffe0-89a0-422b-9a96-30c8b032480b/i-have-intel-graphics-which-are-good-enough-to-support-running-crysis-3-but-when-i-open-crysis-3-it?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi Wonderful people As most people who Nvidia Drivers to BSOD due chose to ask questions on forums such as this one BSOD due to Nvidia Drivers i am quite frustrated so please excuse any difficulties reading this here is what happened in order few days ago installed new nvidia drivers beta Experienced some booting issues I had no GUI boot enabled BSOD due to Nvidia Drivers and it would not boot Fixed itself after constant restarting About days pass and randomly as my brother is playing counterstrike source he freezes and neglects to wake me up and tell me So waking up i see my computer is on but when trying to use it nothing happens The screen is black Upon restarting i notice that there is lines streaks that cover the entire screen Restarting over and over doesnt work so i try safe mode which works and what im using now I try to do somethings like installing new nvidia drivers and try restarting first blue screen Launch safemode again and uninstalled drivers gpu and normal booting worked tried installing new nvidia drivers didnt work blue screen tried step again but this time used a older version drivers didnt work repeated these steps for about hours Please help Im going to leave my computer on safe mode all night system specs windows ultimate x C D e Nvidia Geforce gt nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I'm debating wether or not I should buy the nvidia 9800gtx, can it run mw2 on high settings without sli and crysis? Well any new game on high without sli, or should I try to get a 9800 gx2. I'm on a budget though,, less then 200 dollars and I don't have room to sli, that's why I ask about gx2, can anyone help??

A:Can an Nvidia 9800 GTX run Crysis on the highest visual settings

When I first read the question, I thought you posted this 2 years ago.

For 200 dollars, you can get the latest released GTX460 768MB. Unless you're not talking about US dollars (if its not, pls tell us conversion rate).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-an-nvidia-9800-gtx-run-crysis-on-the-highest-visual-settings.150684/
Relevancy 60.63%

Here's the SF Diagnostic Tool results of my latest BSOD. Can you guys tell me if it is due to the latest NVIDIA driver or not?

Also, my pagefile is just set to a minimum of 400MB. Is setting the write debug information to Kernel Memory Dump better than Small Memory Dump? Which is recommended?

A:BSOD 0x116, not sure if because of NVIDIA drivers

If you are overclocking your hardware, revert back to the normal settings.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Try a dismantle. Clean up the inside of the computer carefully. Clean the fan grills and air vents. When re-seating, dont forget to apply thermal paste to the CPU.

Check the Power supply. Is it supplying enough power that is necessary?
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800bac1010, fffff8800440a6ac, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+9336ac )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800bac1010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800440a6ac, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+9336ac
fffff880`0440a6ac 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03077a48 fffff880`038f9000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0bac1010 fffff880`0440a6ac ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`03077a50 fffff880`038cc867 : fffff880`0440a6ac fffffa80`0a4ba000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`03077a90 fffff880`038f8e0f : 00000000`ffffd84d ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`0bac1010 00000000`00000010 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`03077b40 fffff880`039c7ec1 : fffffa80`0a536220 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a377010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`03077bc0 fffff800`02b6434a : 00000000`02a01fda fffffa80`0a4d3200 fffffa80`066ae890 fffffa80`0a4d3200 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`03077c00 fffff800`028b4946 : fffff880`0245e180 fffffa80`0a4d3200 fffff880`02468fc0 00000000`00000004 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`03077c40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`03078000 fffff880`03072000 fffff880`03076d30 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+9336ac
fffff880`0440a6ac 4055 push rbp

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+9336ac

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 51427b3c

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

Followup: MachineOw... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285054-bsod-0x116-not-sure-if-because-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

A few days ago, a new driver for Nvidia graphics cards came out. I've downloaded it and noticed that I can't open my photoshop anymore without it crashing my laptop completely. I got the Kernel_Security_Check_Failure error and did a quick google search. Turned out I wasn't the only one having this problem with the latest drivers.
The only fix for now is to rollback your Nvidia drivers to the previous update, untill a new update comes out which fixes these BSOD's.
A quick explanation on how to roll back your drivers can be found here: Driver Rollback | NVIDIA

I hope this helps some of you!
Peace out

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-fix-for-nvidia-drivers-kernel_security_check_failure-1078994.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello About a month ago I started experiencing a lot of BSOD's It started when I updated my graphics card to be able drivers BSOD's causing NVIDIA to play Age of Conan The game started to crash frequently and BSOD's began to pop up I thought it was just the game so I NVIDIA drivers causing BSOD's deleted it but unfortunately all my games had occasional BSOD's However lately my computer started to crash much more frequently and after any crash my computer would become unable NVIDIA drivers causing BSOD's to restart I have to wait about mins before restarting my pc to avoid getting errors My graphics card is NVIDIA geforce GT Altough I'm pretty sure it's my graphics card driver that is causing the troubles because the crashes -not the ones during rebooting- occur when there are graphics involved but I could be wrong The strange thing is I always get another BSOD The code varies from x E x FE to -I don't remember the code- problems with USB drivers I've tried reinstalling the NVIDIA display driver but no luck Now I do think I might be doing something wrong at the whole Reinstalling process These are the steps I take go to control panel uninstall the NVIDIA display driver using the add remove program button I don't uninstall every driver restart in safe mode use driver sweeper to get rid of all the remains of the driver restart the pc install the latest drivers If anyone knows what I did wrong or what else could be the cause of my problem please give me some advice Thank you

A:NVIDIA drivers causing BSOD's

Hi Beast521

Click on this link HWmonitor and download and run HWmonitor. Then take a screenshot and post it here so we can see all the values.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/226440-nvidia-drivers-causing-bsods.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I updated my nvidia drivers the other night to v and got a blue screen whilst playing Guild Wars I then later got another blue screen that same night whilst removing some programs I have been doing my own search for the root of the problem and when I use the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool it comes up with a hardware Nvidia updating after BSOD drivers error I got another blue screen the next day today after trying to exit Guild Wars again I will add that I rolled back my drivers beforehand which is version GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX I have attached my SF Diagnostic results Edit Just blue screened BSOD after updating Nvidia drivers again after the end of a League of Legends game here is the BSOD after updating Nvidia drivers info from the error report Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP FFFFF E BCP FEA A B BCP FFFFF F OS Version Service Pack Product I will run the Memtest now

A:BSOD after updating Nvidia drivers

The most reliable memory diagnostic tool is MemTest86+......please run a test using that given that you got memory errors. Run a minimum of 7 passes.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299565-bsod-after-updating-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

So I have been to BSOD After Drivers Installing NVIDIA other forums and have gotten zero answers Here is my BSOD zip file KIKI-DESKTOP-Sat zip I recently had a BSOD while attempting to open NVIDIA nTune which was probably just a bad idea anyway but I'm pretty sure it's related To sum up the main issue whenever I install a NVIDIA driver for my new BSOD After Installing NVIDIA Drivers build the driver installer asked me to restart but when I BSOD After Installing NVIDIA Drivers do it crashes my system completely and I get a BSOD right after the windows logo loading symbol appears and disappears The error reads quot DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER quot of BSOD After Installing NVIDIA Drivers the time Windows will attempt to boot twice and perform an automatic repair in which it disables all the NVIDIA drivers I have attempted to install only the graphics driver none of the unnecessary d or physX stuff but I have made no progress I've also been trying to install the basic nvidia driver via windows update an update from February but windows update just keeps failing to do well anything I appreciate any help I've been looking for answers for three days now this is a new build I made just for gaming and I can't even play any games on it Specs Gigabyte GTX WF OC Intel k ASUS Z -E Kingston HyperX Fury GB x GB Rosewill Photon-

A:BSOD After Installing NVIDIA Drivers

What have the other forums told you?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69130-bsod-after-installing-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Was sitting at my computer desk in my underwear eating cereal when suddenly a scary bluescreen.

error reads as: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (nvlddmkm.sys)
Here are the minidump files

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxx4NEOIXoeUN3N4aDFsb2RBMW8/view

Now getting BSOD upon start up, so I used DDU to completely wipe nvidia drivers.

I can now use my use the computer with microsofts display drivers.

As soon as I try to install nvidia drivers, whether it be the newests or a few releases back, I get the same BSOD crash

I don't know what I should do at this point, and I dont really know how to read dump files.

A:Nvidia drivers causing BSOD

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69090-nvidia-drivers-causing-bsod.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys:

I'm having since last Nvidia drivers update. Before this update i'd cleaned every fan inside the cpu because there was too much dirt.
I checked if i connect everything right and i did. Then i uninstall these drivers and no more BSOD.
This week i give it a try one more time. First 3 or 4 days no BSOD, but yesterday and today i have 2 BSOD.
Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how can i solve it?

Thanks in advance!!!

Ignacio

PS: i upload my Sevenforum diagnostic and i run it from safe mode.

A:BSOD since Nvidia update drivers

Hi tanocapo.

The earliest BSOD (of 12/10/13) is a stop 0x116, which is a graphics related issue. And we have noniced that all nvidia display driver versions later of 314.22 WHQL are troublesome. Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
But, unfortunately, all the later BSODs (including that one of today) is a stop 0x124, which indicates some kind of hardware failure.

Seeing the BIOS date, I am assuming that the computer is more or less 5 years old? (no update to windows 7 is available in ASUS's site)

Code:
BiosVersion = 1203
BiosReleaseDate = 06/25/2008
Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

Let us know the results. Will take the further steps depending on those, if needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311184-bsod-since-nvidia-update-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all,

I'm trying to deal with my BSOD during all the day without any success, the first BSOD appeared this morning, after this one I wasn't able to start up my computer so I decided to format directly.

All was fine after the format till I installed the latest Nvidia Drivers for my gpu (MSI gtx 580), after install the drivers and the recommended system restart, the BSOE appeared again all time (just after the windows loading, never reach the desktop).

I tried uninstall the the latests Nvidia drivers and I tested also with other 3-6 old official drivers but the result was the same.

The strange thing is that the system works fine without any GPU drivers but ofc my GPU is not working as it should.

Another strange thing is the motherboard image display, it have some artifacts that appeared together with the problem.

I'm totally desperate and this forum is my last option.

Thank you all.

A:BSOD Only after install (any) NVIDIA Drivers

I am having the exact same problem, with the same card. I was pretty sure the card was dead, but it seems very odd that you are experiencing the same problem and symptoms as I am on the same day. I really hope there is a solution and that the card isn't dead.

EDIT: I tried re-seating the card. Still having the same problem. I am going to try it in a mates computer and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372179-bsod-only-after-install-any-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi i have Vista Home Premium x64 and i am getting BSOD's at random. sometimes on youtube and most prominently during game play.
I went into msconfig -> Services, Disabled the MS services and saw only 3 there. 2 of them are stopped. and the only one running was Nvidia Display Driver Service.

And i am assuming that it is the one causing my BSOD's?

Please help me on this one

A:BSOD caused by Nvidia Drivers?

Hi, almightynugget, and welcome to the forums.

Not sure how long you have been using Windows, but that service could very well indeed be the cause of your problems. So could about 100,0000 other things on your computer. Not sure really why you think a service is causing your problems. I am not trying to be snotty, but your assumption is way off base until you either provide us with more information as to *why* you think this is the cause, or else explain why you suspect a service in the first place.

Also, if you have tweaked services because you think you're getting a performance gain, untweak them and see if the problem disappears...and I ma *dead* serious about that - tweaking Vista services is a bad bad idea unless you are 100% positive that the services you have tweaked are not dependent upon / being depended upon by something else.

To help trouble shoot, first of all, we need your hardware specs, and also the driver version you are using for your video card.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/171689-bsod-caused-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Good day I have been suffering some significant computer issues and am hoping for some major help Unfortunately I did things together in -- Suspect Repeated Nvidia BSoD 196.21 drivers close close proximity and cannot be positive what the culprit is however I have a very strong suspicion it's the new nVidia driver I just Repeated BSoD -- Suspect 196.21 Nvidia drivers installed What I did Installed an aftermarket fan on to my i I really don't see how this could be a player but I'm listing it only to be complete Installation was fine and core temps are idling in low s Installed a bunch of windows updates Installed newest driver for my GTX EDIT I installed triple channel DDR G sticks can't believe I forgot this Symptom After the installation of the drivers win updates everything rebooted fine and the computer was good to go After the next restart I was able to login then immediately began getting warning windows that various windows services were no longer functioning and shutting down When I tried to restart from there I got to login screen typed password and the computer gave me a BSoD The computer runs just fine in safe mode but now will consistently BSoD just as the login screen pops up Attempted solutions System restore -- BSoDs when I try to System Restore from Safe Mode Remove video driver in safe mode -- I restart in normal mode and it starts up however I have gigantic text and the computer automatically installs a new driver and prompts for a restart On the restart computer crashes again Remove driver in safe mode and install old driver -- driver installer crashes during install midway thru Eventually through an unknown to me process of iterations over about a hour span of removing drivers system restores BSoDs and reboots I was able to get my computer back I reinstalled the nVidia driver but not the windows updates and the computer ran normally for about restarts then I got the exact same problem as before So questions really Do you think it's my video driver Any idea how to fix this

A:Repeated BSoD -- Suspect 196.21 Nvidia drivers

Hello msdunkel,
Upload your minidump file with your next post, and we will take a look.
Follow the link below and this will show you how to do that.

[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/267772-repeated-bsod-suspect-196-21-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I ve been looking for a couple of days now but no one seems to have this exact issue and those who have similar ones got no solution One night my computer had overheated due to the temperature in my room After my computer had cooled down I started it back up and went on about my business The only problem was business was nearly impossible because quot nvlddmkm sys quot kept quot not responding quot causing the screen to flicker and turn black then return drivers when installed are BSOD nvlddmkm.sys Nvidia causes again I restarted my computer and every time it was about to reach the nvlddmkm.sys causes BSOD when Nvidia drivers are installed login screen it would BSOD saying nvlddmkm sys was not responding or something I booted nvlddmkm.sys causes BSOD when Nvidia drivers are installed in safe nvlddmkm.sys causes BSOD when Nvidia drivers are installed mode and uninstalled my Nvidia drivers and now I can boot normally However when Windows automatically reinstalls the drivers it BSODs when it restarts and I have to uninstall them in safe mode again I am running Windows x with no over clocking my graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce The issue has miraculously fixed itself after Windows automatically installed the drivers for like the th time I didn t get the BSOD on boot hopefully it will stay this way If the issue continues I ll come back nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvlddmkm-sys-causes-bsod-when-nvidia-drivers-are-installed.915855/
Relevancy 60.2%

Okay so I was having a BSOD problem that ANTHONY pretty much told me how to sort out good right No- I downloaded the driver for it and update drivers. to BSOD nVidia when trying Ethernet then I got a message saying quot The contents of this file cannot be unpacked The executable you are trying to run has been corrupted Please obtain another copy of the file and its integrity and try again quot So I tried re-downloading same thing Used a download manager same thing Run as Admin same thing Then I clicked on my connection on the far right of my task bar opened up 'Properties' and then 'Driver information' Navigated through all the options till I came across quot Search your computer for drivers quot Or something along those lines Hit search and see the file I've just downloaded as the only file to select SCORE Nope It instantly BSOD's me Done it multiple times incase it BSOD when trying to update nVidia Ethernet drivers. was just bad timing but apparently not Could someone maybe shine a torch of help into the dark room which is my Driver problem Thank's for reading

A:BSOD when trying to update nVidia Ethernet drivers.

Bumping because I'm in WAY over my head and I REALLY need help guys :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/249500-bsod-when-trying-update-nvidia-ethernet-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I have a problem during quot clean install quot of nvidia drivers nvidia of install drivers after clean BSOD during the Ok here it goes As i am trying to install new drivers i select custom installation from nvidia installer and clean install I noticed during the installation BSOD after during the clean install of nvidia drivers that after removing the old drivers and starts to install the new ones the system gives me a blue screen with the message quot fault page in nonpaged area quot Its quite strange because BSOD after during the clean install of nvidia drivers if i remove by my own manual the old nvidia drivers from add remove programs the nvidia installer doesn't have any problem at all to install the new ones It seems that the problem with nvidia installer is tha it doesnt want to do works in a time unistall-install I want your advice Some people told me that the problem maybe is the ram but i checked the ram sticks one bye one repeating all the above procedure Same problem Do you know any free program which i can use to restore missing drivers or restore default settings in my windows maybe this will help I want your help please I don't want install again the entire windows because i did it a month ago

A:BSOD after during the clean install of nvidia drivers

Hello and welcome to the forum.

First did you create a restore point before trying to install the new drivers.

Here is a BSOD tutorial made by Brink that might be very helpful in finding what the problems is.

BSOD - Debugging a BSOD in Vista

Have you tried to uninstall the drivers for NVidia.

I would aslo check to see if there are any yellow flags in the device manager. If there are any flags those need to be updated first.

Click Start...
Control Panel...
Click System and Maintenace...
Click Device Manager...
Click view...
Click show hidden devices..
Then you can update them the drivers from there

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/288900-bsod-after-during-clean-install-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
I get a BSOD on my MSI K8NGM2-L machine . Here is what MS Dump file and solution tell me. It is the Nvida Sata driver and is is fixed in SP1 and I should install it.
Problem is that it is installed and I even updated the NForce drivers that was put out a month ago or so. Fresh install of OS not upgrade.
Any tips? Bad ram? 98% of the time it will come out with a BSOD wink32.sys or "Memory was incorrectly released" (Something like that)
Lee

A:Nvidia Sata Drivers,Vista SP! and BSOD

Hi Yaco and Welcome to the Forums!

If you have the BSOD code I can lookup the Microsoft database for the cause, however you dont need the nforce drivers as Vista runs better without them from my experience..

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/166282-nvidia-sata-drivers-vista-sp-bsod.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello to everyone I have a really big problem ok here it goes One week ago i tried to perform a quot clean install quot for nvidia drivers through the nvidia manager installer After nvidia removed old drivers and during the installation of the new ones my system gave me BSOD Built by amd fre vistasp gdr - Debug session time Sat Apr UTC - System Uptime days WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl sys Probably caused by dxgkrnl sys dxgkrnl e DEFAULT BUCKET ID NULL of BSOD install clean during drivers nvidia DEREFERENCE PROCESS NAME System BUGCHECK STR x E FAILURE BUCKET ID X x E dxgkrnl e SystemProductName System Product Name Built by amd fre vistasp gdr - Debug session time Sat Apr UTC - System Uptime days WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl sys Probably caused by dxgkrnl sys dxgkrnl e DEFAULT BUCKET ID NULL DEREFERENCE PROCESS NAME System BUGCHECK STR x E FAILURE BUCKET ID X x E dxgkrnl e BSOD during clean install of nvidia drivers SystemProductName System Product Name Built by amd fre vistasp gdr - Debug session time Sat Apr UTC - System Uptime days WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl sys Probably caused by dxgkrnl sys dxgkrnl e DEFAULT BUCKET ID NULL DEREFERENCE PROCESS NAME System BUGCHECK STR x E FAILURE BUCKET ID X x E dxgkrnl e SystemProductName System Product Name At some other forums they told me that the problem is the dxgkrnl sys which somehow i guess it cannot interface with nvidia installer Apart from all these Something strange happens if i try to remove manually the old drivers from add remove programs then nvidia installs perfectly the new drivers without any problem I must tell you that after reinstall vista i noticed tha this bsod with quot clean install quot started to occur after the installation of service pack When i was on sp i could perform a clean istall of nvidia drivers easily I also update all the motherboard drivers My system is vista x asus P t deluxe nvidia gb ram i I''be waiting for your advice

A:BSOD during clean install of nvidia drivers

Please provide this information: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Just FYI - I had a P6T (v1) mobo that had similar (but not identical issues) - the only solution that I found was to upgrade to the P6T (v2) board.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-during-clean-install-of-nvidia-drivers-563186.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium with an AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor. GeForce6100SM-M with the NVIDIA MCP61S. Since February, when Microsoft pushed out the new "optional" drivers for NVIDIA Graphics, my computer has been blue screening frequently.

Up to this weekend past, it has been about 10-15 times a day. However, as of Thursday or Friday past, I cannot get the computer to stay in Windows for any more than 5 minutes at a time without blue screening.

There have been multiple errors with the blue screens, and a different .dll file each time. I have uninstalled the NVIDIA drivers from the control panel, but the PC continues to blue screen. As you can imagine, I'm getting pretty frustrated.

I have tried to update with new drivers from NVIDIA, but get a message stating the driver package is corrupt before the install gets going.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
I'm getting bsod or just blank screen when booting with nvidia drivers installed. After they are uninstalled via safemode, windows boots up.
Tried running ASUS PC Diagnostics and ended up with bsod too.
I've attached content of my minidump folder.
Any help appreciated.
Please feel free to ask for any more details.
Thanks.

A:BSOD when boot with nvidia drivers installed

Hello and welcome shyfx mate could you upload the files in a format that I especially can open see http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html without being able to see them it is pointless trying to hazard a guess at what the problem is.

But just out of interest what drivers are you installing (version)
Is it one of these ? http://www.geforce.com/drivers now what I would suggest is to install the latest and if the problem persists uninstall that and work backwards until you get one that will run the GPU without any problems.
You might even run these for any problems too
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2
Plus can you let us know what the temps on the machine are too use Speccy for that https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

PS I was going to ask after your reply but may as well ask now see my little ditty and let us know the volts on the PSU
Using HW Info
PART A:
You can test the volts on the PSU with HW Info HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download < download the right bit version and close the right hand window select Sensors and scroll down to the power section where you will see what the volts are doing see my pic. In my pic the section (Nuvoton) with VBATT is a dead give away you are in the section for the rail voltages. There are other section titles and one that pops up often is ITE
Now the voltage on the different rails have to be within 5% =+/- of what is required or the machine will not work properly if at all.
See this for the rail voltage info
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/power-supply-specifications-atx-reference,3061.html (Section 2.)
The original right hand window shows the machine running and is handy for that but for looking at the components in some detail close it and use the main left hand side panel
FOR OTHER COMPONENTS
PART B:
Open each small square with + in it on the section the components are in and then click on the individual component/s (it will highlight in blue) - in the right hand side will appear all sorts of details including brands speeds and other essential info that particular device. See pic for example.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/367423-bsod-when-boot-nvidia-drivers-installed.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've been getting increasingly frequent BSOD while my computer is running nbsp Particularly when performing anything that requires intensive use of the graphics card such as streaming video or playing a game My computer is a Lenovo T Mhz Intel Core Duo nVidia Quadro NVS M with mb Dedicated nbsp At first I thought it may have to do with upgrading the driver to the latest nvidia released version but then I decided to downgrade back Lenovo related nvidia SP3 XP drivers T61 to BSOD to the version last released by Lenovo nbsp Still getting the BSODs nbsp I've also ran memory check and passed nbsp Anything else I can check Below is a copy of the crash dump that I usually get nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BSOD Lenovo T61 XP SP3 related to nvidia drivers nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BSOD Lenovo T61 XP SP3 related to nvidia drivers nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BSOD Lenovo T61 XP SP3 related to nvidia drivers nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Bugcheck Analysis nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E e b c b a a b WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for nv disp dll ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nv disp dll Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp cda Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Bugcheck Analysis nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck nbsp Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem nbsp Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x nbsp This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG nbsp This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG nbsp This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg e The exception code that was not handled Arg b c b The address that ... Read more

A:BSOD Lenovo T61 XP SP3 related to nvidia drivers

Jsfh
As JMH3143 suggests 4 of 6 of the original and these two all point to your video driver.  The two newest aren't driver verified but the evidence is accumulating that it is the video driver.
There newer drivers available that you should update to.

The Nv4_disp.dll file is used by Nvidia graphics card drivers. It is used to increase the performance of Nvidia components
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.16384 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Ken\Desktop\Mini010614-02.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
Response Time (ms) Location
Deferred SRV*H:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Symbol search path is: SRV*H:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows XP Kernel Version 2600 (Service Pack 3) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.130704-0421
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x804d7000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8055d720
Debug session time: Mon Jan 6 22:36:49.656 2014 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:34:00.390
Loading Kernel Symbols

BugCheck 1000008E, {e0000001, b4248925, a16ae850, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nv4_disp.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nv4_disp.dll
Probably caused by : nv4_disp.dll ( nv4_disp+11cda5 )
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xe0000001 - <Unable to get error code text>

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E

PROCESS_NAME: plugin-containe

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from b4248622 to b4248925

STACK_TEXT:
a16aecd4 b4248622 e1c56714 e2e27240 bf905ed4 watchdog!RaiseExceptionInThread+0xb
a16aece8 bd12eda5 bd0040b5 e1cbd800 e1bf9238 watchdog!WdEnterMonitoredSection+0x10
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
a16aecec bd0040b5 e1cbd800 e1bf9238 e1c56724 nv4_disp+0x11cda5
a16aed08 bd006e55 e1bf9238 a16aed64 0515efb8 dxg!DdDisableMotionCompObject+0x39
a16aed1c bd007426 e1c56008 a16aed38 a16aed64 dxg!bDdDeleteMotionCompObject+0x43
a16aed54 805417e8 06a02509 0515efb8 0515efc4 dxg!DxDdDestroyMoComp+0x18
a16aed54 7c90e514 06a02509 0515efb8 0515efc4 nt!KiSystemServicePostCall
0515efc4 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x7c90e514
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nv4_disp+11cda5
bd12eda5 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: nv4_disp+11cda5

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nv4_disp

IMAGE_NAME: nv4_disp.dll

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 496e9c75

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_nv4_disp+11cda5

BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_nv4_disp+11cda5

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x8e_nv4_disp+11cda5

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {ccbcf5ab-6ce5-75fe-0112-f4801f590d76}

---------

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/39852fd6-93be-4973-bb81-a28674ef5d17/bsod-lenovo-t61-xp-sp3-related-to-nvidia-drivers?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I just built a new PC and installed Vista Ultimate 64 SP 1. When I try to install the video drivers (evga eGeForce 9600 GT in a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UDP3 motherboard) I get the blue screen of death. I have tried the latest version, and several other older versions of nvidia drivers. The Windows standard driver works fine, but I want to use dual monitors. What else can I do?

Thanks

A:BSOD when installing nvidia video drivers

Did you get the driver from nvidia or through windows update?

Amplid

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/195183-bsod-when-installing-nvidia-video-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I was making a video with Camtasia some time before when some problem occurred Once it showed that the nVidia drivers recovered from a problem and after some time it started giving this problem See this screenshot http i imgur com CrgeH jpg I ahve a DELL XPS M and the specs are Nvidia M GT GB Ram Core Do T Gb Hard Disk Windows I (BSOD OS error) drivers with nVidia conflicting performed some diagnostics during the BIOS startup with DELL onboard Diagnostics utility It passed the nVidia drivers conflicting with OS (BSOD error) tests and when I rebooted the colors were set itself By the time I came to Desktop the colors again started showing a problem and it came to bit and then there was a totally black screen Again a restart till the desktop and it showed me the error Code Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product I downloaded the latest nVidia driver for M GT from the official site and installed them After reinstalling the drivers the same error occurred after - hours This time I was just using Photoshop when the screen turned black and freezed and then did a force shutdown I have disabled the drivers of nVidia for now since I think they are causing the problem and there s no problem occuring after this What should I do now nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,

I'm playing the Crysis demo (practice for tomorrow) and I just replaced the nvidia 163.71 drivers with the 163.75 set and was wondering if anyone else noticed a drop in fps. I know I should have kept my fraps results but I think (only think) they dropped by 5fps average. Which is quiet substantial seeing as I'm only getting 24fps now avg.

The main reason I'm asking is does anyone know if a new set is coming out soon..I know I'm just being lazy but dont want to do the whole uninstall reinstall thing to go back if a better set then come out on sat or monday.

Cheers.

Relevancy 59.34%

Important Info Graphics Card Geforce GX Ram Gigabytes HDD Gigabyte SATA drive Processor AMD Athlon FX- Dual Core Ghz I have a Shuttle PC and am running the latest BIOS not Drivers Nvidia BSOD installing Windows Card when sure the version number but I just flashed it several days ago when still on XP Okay here goes I just installed a clean copy of Windows x Pro over Windows XP It was a major pain I kept getting a blue screen error when setup was 'Completing' It was a STOP error for file nvlddmkm sys which after some research I believe it to be a Nvidia file I could not get Win to install Finally after HOURS of research I finally got it to work by deleting the nvlddmkm sys files during the 'Expanding Windows Files' step This was done via Command Prompt Shift F I believe I found the steps for Windows BSOD when installing Nvidia Card Drivers this process here Continuing I'm finally booted into Windows and I'm assuming that I am running the basic Windows VGA Drivers I ran Windows BSOD when installing Nvidia Card Drivers Windows Update and attempted to install the drivers for my GX reboot 'Windows is Starting' BSOD Boot into Safe Mode uninstall drivers install drivers from Nvidia reboot BSOD It seems that no matter what set of drivers I install after I reboot the computer will say 'Starting Windows' and then will get the BSOD The code is and the associated file is nvlddmkm sys I know that during the install process that I deleted the nvlddmkm sys file from two locations I believe one was in the system folder can't remember the other location Currently this file is not located in the drivers folder C Windows System Drivers Can you guys please help me in getting my graphics card drivers installed No matter what I do I get a BSOD after a reboot and BEFORE Windows loads I have tried several versions of the driver but to no avail I believe I might need to copy the nvlddmkm sys file to somewhere I do have a nvlddmkm sy file that is packaged with all the drivers but I believe it needs to be expanded Thanks for the help guys

A:Windows BSOD when installing Nvidia Card Drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by rhannahs19

Important Info:
Graphics Card: Geforce 7950 GX2
Ram: 2 Gigabytes
HDD: 400 Gigabyte SATA drive
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 (Dual Core, 2.8 Ghz)

I have a Shuttle PC, and am running the latest BIOS, not sure the version number, but I just flashed it several days ago when still on XP.

Okay, here goes. I just installed a clean copy of Windows 7 x64 Pro over Windows XP. It was a major pain, I kept getting a blue screen error when setup was 'Completing'. It was a STOP error for file nvlddmkm.sys, which after some research, I believe it to be a Nvidia file. I could not get Win7 to install.

Finally, after HOURS of research, I finally got it to work by deleting the nvlddmkm.sys files during the 'Expanding Windows Files' step. This was done via Command Prompt (Shift F10). I believe I found the steps for this process here.

Continuing, I'm finally booted into Windows, and I'm assuming that I am running the basic Windows VGA Drivers. I ran Windows Update and attempted to install the drivers for my 7950 GX2, reboot, 'Windows is Starting', BSOD. Boot into Safe Mode, uninstall drivers, install drivers from Nvidia, reboot, BSOD.

It seems that no matter what set of drivers I install, after I reboot, the computer will say 'Starting Windows' and then will get the BSOD. The code is 116, and the associated file is nvlddmkm.sys.

I know that during the install process that I deleted the nvlddmkm.sys file from two locations. I believe one was in the system32 folder, can't remember the other location. Currently, this file is not located in the drivers folder (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers).

Can you guys please help me in getting my graphics card drivers installed? No matter what I do, I get a BSOD after a reboot and BEFORE Windows loads. I have tried several versions of the driver but to no avail. I believe I might need to copy the nvlddmkm.sys file to somewhere. I do have a nvlddmkm.sy_ file that is packaged with all the drivers, but I believe it needs to be expanded?

Thanks for the help guys!

You may have to do either a repair install or fi you have a backup you can restore that might work

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/71208-windows-bsod-when-installing-nvidia-card-drivers.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi I installed P Nvidia Driver from the Dell webpage two days ago and it was fine and everything was good after the restart from the installation After finishing up my session i noticed that there BSOD installing Updates. Windows Nvidia Drivers + after is a window update so i shut down and left the computer to do the updating on it's own Today I switched on my computer to look BSOD after installing Nvidia Drivers + Windows Updates. at my timetable for today and after that put it to sleep mode After quot waking quot it up I was met with a BSOD after like minutes of use I then decided to system restore to before i did the updates It still BSOD albeit it took a longer time before that happened Right now im using Safe mode Networking to type this message out The computer does not seem to BSOD in safe mode so far I did the steps listed but i could not get the perfmon step working quot An error occured while attempting to generate the report quot Specs Windows bit OEM About months old both hardware and the OS Update I triggered a BSOD in normal mode so as to provide you guys with the Error Codes KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR STOP x A x xFFFFFFFFC D xFFFFFA E x Physical Memory Dump FAILED with status xC C I would appreciate the help given THANKS

A:BSOD after installing Nvidia Drivers + Windows Updates.

> Your difficulties were caused by the driver for Bigfoot Networks Bandwidth Control.
Uninstall if not needed.

> I also note you have McAfee.
McAfee is a frequent cause of BSOD's.
Please remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST!

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211640-bsod-after-installing-nvidia-drivers-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all I'd appreciate your help in solving this problem as quick as possible A friend of mine recently reinstalled his copy of Windows on a fresh new drive All other components are the same After a reformat and reinstallation everything went smoothly until he installed his graphics drivers Each time he restarted the computer he got a BSOD before reaching the desktop after drivers; BSOD 0x00000116 NVIDIA installing Constant He didn't appear to have any restore points so he hard to start over at Constant BSOD after installing NVIDIA drivers; 0x00000116 square one but avoided installing the graphics drivers until later Well today he went ahead and installed some older drivers hoping they didn't give him issue but lo and behold they did I had him create a restore Constant BSOD after installing NVIDIA drivers; 0x00000116 point before installing the drivers in case they didn't work but he apparently can't restore the system as the restore point he made quot isn't compatible with the version of Windows quot He's running a copy of Windows Home Premium -bit I thinkhe has Service Pack but he cannot verify this He's running an Nvidia GeForce GTX Ti The drivers he tried the first time around were the set The last ones he installed were the set I'd include the requested dump files but like I said we can't access the desktop and he didn't have Windows automatically create the dump files so we have no way of accessing them We're happy to post any information needed We just want to get this fixed so he can have a usable system again Below is the BSOD he receives

A:Constant BSOD after installing NVIDIA drivers; 0x00000116

Hi rct2guy .

Just for future use and reference I recommend not going higher the 314.22 driver release,
known tried and true.

You should be able to boot into Safe Mode and manually delete the nvlddmkm.sys driver from driver directory, that is just to gain access to the full Windows environment. It is not the proper way to uninstall the drivers!.

Code:
C:\Windows\System32\drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317036-constant-bsod-after-installing-nvidia-drivers-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 59.34%

My system has Windows XP Sp3 installed.

My video card is an Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX.

I have no BSOD or problems whatsoever. I noticed there were new drivers so I went to download them.

I installed the new drivers and upon restart got BSOD at the windows loading screen involving "nv4_disp.dll". I believe it was 0x00000050.
Anyway, I didn't install the new driver in safe mode, nor with antivirus disabled. Would this cause the problems?

I rolled back the driver and no more BSOD.

The only reason I wanted the new driver is because I was hoping they fixed it in the nvidia control panel so you could select "dual view" with 2 monitors, instead of only "clone" view being available.

Thanks

A:BSOD nv4_disp.dll error after installing new NVIDIA drivers

you can try uninstalling the driver you have now and then installing the new one.Just make sure you know what version you have now. Just incase you have to revert back.
You should always uninstall a driver before installing a new one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-nv4_disp-dll-error-after-installing-new-nvidia-drivers.781721/
Relevancy 59.34%

Sytem specs Processor - Intel R Core TM i installing Getting after (Stop:0000007E) new drivers. Nvidia :( BSOD CPU GHz Installed Ram - GB Operating system - Windows Home Premium SP Getting BSOD (Stop:0000007E) after installing new Nvidia drivers. :( System type - bit OS Graphic card - Nvidia GT Now i have been trying to fix this for months but this BSOD issue isnt going Problem I have this graphic card Nvidia GT with HDMI output I have connected my Graphic card with my Philips HDTV which also have HDMI Getting BSOD (Stop:0000007E) after installing new Nvidia drivers. :( output with HDMI cord Getting BSOD (Stop:0000007E) after installing new Nvidia drivers. :( For almost an year it worked quite well and i was able to switch to TV mode and then go back to PC on HDMI mode Untill Nvidia released new official update driver I downloaded the latest driver Version WHQL and after installation as soon as i would try to switch to TV mode i get this Blue screen of death everytime gt gt gt gt Here is the screen capture http i imgur com khTo jpg Now i did tried other drivers the Beta drivers and other drivers prior to this latest one but somehow kept getting BSOD error over and over again But when i installed the last old driver GeForce Driver WHQL which i have been using for an year with no problem its all working well and i can switch to TV mode and get back to PC on HDMI mode I cant figure it out what seems to be the problem is it the driver or the hardware issue Ps- I have also tried to format the dark disk and reinstalled win but it didn't fix I have also tried bit version of Windows and still the same problem Plz help

A:Getting BSOD (Stop:0000007E) after installing new Nvidia drivers. :(

Download DriverSweeper select Nvidia in the list. This will uninstall any Nvidia drivers in the system. Then reboot. Then install the new driver update for your Nvidia graphics then reboot. See if that resolved the issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/getting-bsod-stop-0000007e-after-installing-new-nvidia-drivers-638194.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I'm afraid I have run out of ideas trying to fix this issue Hopefully you can help me find a solution The problem started when I was invited to play the game Rift with friends I installed the client it complained about a number of things my computer is old and not that powerful by today's standard one of them was that my video drivers were too old So I downloaded the latest drivers at the time video card is GeForce GT and installed them When I rebooted I after Nvidia updating STOP - BSOD 0x0000007F drivers got a BSOD on system startup immediately after the Windows XP logo with the loading bar disappeared That was about weeks ago At the time BSOD after updating Nvidia drivers - STOP 0x0000007F I solved the problem by loading in safe mode uninstalling the driver and reinstalling the one I had before The system successfully loaded I decided I could stick with the old driver and moved on I don't think I rebooted the system between then and today - usually I only send the computer to sleep Today I installed new Windows updates and obviously it asked me to reboot after that Once again I got a BSOD on system startup - this time with the old version of the drivers I went to safe mode and uninstalled the video driver again The system loaded without them I went to Nvidia site and used the smart search to be sure I choose the right driver I installed the on it recommended version and tried to start the system BSOD again All attempts to make the video card work gave the same result - the system started without Nvidia drivers and showed BSOD on system startup when they were installed I removed the video card and connected the monitor to onboard video This configuration worked system loaded and this is how it is working now I also set up a clean Windows XP copy on another partition and tried to install drivers there This worked the clean system loaded fine with the latest drivers installed Unfortunately I don't have minidumps from the first BSOD appearance Today's minidumps are here https www dropbox com s ffbvow v ikc Minidump zip I uploaded all I have although they're probably identical Any advice and any pointers would be very much appreciated This looks like a software problem to me because the clean system works fine but I can't figure out where to even start looking for its cause Many thanks

A:BSOD after updating Nvidia drivers - STOP 0x0000007F

The first two minidumps relate to Trusteer Rapport and the second two are related to your Norton Security. Did you recently install either of these?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521506/bsod-after-updating-nvidia-drivers-stop-0x0000007f/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi All I've built a new system and all BSOD crashdump points to Frequent drivers sleeping, nvidia when was working well for the first few weeks Last week I visited the windows update site and installed the following updates Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials - KB Definition Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials - KB Definition Windows Service Pack for x -based Systems KB Realtek driver update for Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Accusys Inc - Storage - ACS- xxxx Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB ViewSonic - Display - ViewSonic VX wm Microsoft Silverlight KB Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Since then my system crashes every time it's left alone for a few minutes If I'm at the machine using it so far it hasn't crashed once but if I walk away for half an hour it crashes of the time I've tried to analyze the dmp files that are generated and Frequent BSOD when sleeping, crashdump points to nvidia drivers they Frequent BSOD when sleeping, crashdump points to nvidia drivers point to the nvidia drivers quot Probably caused by nvhda v sys nvhda v f quot I've gone to the nvidia site and downloaded the latest and greatest for my OS version to no avail I have attached my DxDiag output file as well as the latest crash dump to this message Any ideas

A:Frequent BSOD when sleeping, crashdump points to nvidia drivers

Please follow these instructions
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

nvhda64v.sys is the NVIDIA HDMI Audio Driver, uninstall it

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148920-frequent-bsod-when-sleeping-crashdump-points-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

If you could help with analyzing my files it would be greatly appreciated. I believe it may be related to my Nvidia drivers which were updated yesterday. I chose the "clean install" and everything seemed to be working perfectly. The issues I was having playing some games were resolved and still continue to work at present.

This is the first time I have encountered the BSOD and it asked for me to simply restart if this was the first time I had experienced this blue screen. Everything seems to be working, but if you wouldn't mind analyzing it?

Also, I had a computer programmer program this computer. It was new when purchased and every program and issue has been worked on by him. I may have the installation CD but will need to check at a later time if needed, as I have some things in storage.
Thanks again for taking the time!

Vanessa111

A:BSOD 1st time crash/Recently updated Nvidia Drivers

Three issues

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known bsod cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

SPTD.SYS

Quote:
This is another large cause used by daemon tools and alcohol120

Remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.
They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done:DuplexSecure - Downloads

You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

Video driver reset BCC 116

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219958-bsod-1st-time-crash-recently-updated-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am having an issue where when I try to install the nVidia drivers for my gtx the system crashes I get a DPC watchdog violation Fresh install of pro with all latest updates except graphics drivers from wupdate i had them disabled No additional programs except chrome have been installed memTest with - pass's on all sticks return no problems Tested power drivers Nvidia installing install BSOD clean Win of 8.1Pro supply with no issues No HDD failures of any kind Nothing has been added or removed from the system I have not OC'd the PC or adjusted any bios settings that would cause this issue This was originally a nvidia kernel crash with display recover which started last week on Win Pro BSOD installing Nvidia drivers clean install of Win 8.1Pro I thought I deleted something during a cleanup of the HDD's and did a Diver Sweeper uninstall of the driver then re-installed Same issue kernel crash and display recovered it progressively got worse doing it repeatedly over the course of a few minutes even when a UI window was open from windows or any app and the system would BSOD I ended up formatting and installing Win Pro and the moment I install the latest nVidia drivers from their site my display with turn off then try to come back as normal when driver install flickers the screen but it will BSOD I fear this could be a GPU failure which isn't the end of the world but sucks AN UPDATE So I decided to test out swapping GPU's I removed the GTX and put in a gtx and downloaded the latest drivers for that model and installed It works it installed with out issue I suppose I could try installing an older driver for the but I fear I could be in for the same issue AN UPDATE So I ended up 'baking' my GPU and managed to get it booted and the latest drivers installed So far seems to be good and I've managed to place the issue with the GPU itself Hopefully the bake takes hold for awhile

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/62101-bsod-installing-nvidia-drivers-clean-install-win-8-1pro.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I hope someone can help me I'm not overly techy so I've give you as much info as I can Trying to do a clean install of Windows Ultimate on brand new pc with this spec Intel Core Quad Q Motherboard Asus 7 Idiot BSOD/nvidia installing Ultimate Windows drivers P P TD Intel P chipset x DDR PCI-E Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers Memory GB DDR mhz x GB Hard Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers Drives GB S-ATAII Gb s Optical Drive x DVD RW DL S-ATA Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT GB Sound card Onboard Audio PSU W Monitor Viewsonic VX wm lcd display Initially I got quite a way through the installation then it came up with an error saying the computer closed Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers unexpectedly and had to restart to continue installation I had got my monitor connected to the nvidia gt via divX Said Ok pc shut down then restarted with exactly the same message Read up on the Net and said that it could be the nvidia card so got to device manager and removed drivers so it had to use standard vga drivers and switched to the vga connection on the graphics card I dont' have onboard graphics on my motherboard Well now it doesn't have the old problem it has a new one I am booting straight from the dvd drive and it lets me get to the Windows install page I select custom install and it gets to anything between and of expanding the files second stage on list and then it blue screens with various errors the last one being this STOP x E xc x x B x fltmgr sys address base at Datestamp a bbf Have tried ringing the tech support from where I got the pc but they say they don't support windows yet CD that has come with the pc for the motherboard says that it is windows ready but that probably doesn't mean anything Any help would be very much appreciated as it is driving me insane Like I said I'm not a techy so treat me gently please Thanks very much

A:Idiot installing Windows 7 Ultimate BSOD/nvidia drivers

Hi powerjen ... welcome to the forums... Navigate to c:/windows/minidump and zip up the .dmp files and upload them for analysis...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/29931-idiot-installing-windows-7-ultimate-bsod-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Diagnostic zip Report is attached I type this from my Windows bit system running the standard VGA driver I generally am pretty good with troubleshooting in the computer field but I have now spent over hours on this problem with very little luck and lots of frustration I'll try to provide as much information as possible The problem started nights ago when I was playing a somewhat-old computer game called Age of Empires The graphics are not overly intense - I nvlddmkm.sys drivers BSOD Start-up, nVidia with Windows proper on had not even maximized settings - but BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys nonetheless my screen began to flicker and I was confronted with a blue screen informing me that problem was BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys caused by a failure to read nvlddmkm sys the nVidia driver file I still have not figured out why my drivers suddenly crashed I run a pretty cool BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys system with no overclocking whatsoever I have not been able to run the drivers since so I was forced to go in to safe mode disable the drivers and boot up in normal with the standard VGA drivers So my question - how can I go about fixing this without completely reinstalling Windows I realize that by now I could have backed up my files reinstalled and copied everything over I've done that two times already in the last months and I'm really annoyed by the necessity of doing it What can I do to get my system to properly run the drivers again without reinstalling the operating system Information - Spacious desktop rig with plenty of cooling built by myself - Graphics card remains at a temperature hovering around degrees celsius - EVGA GeForce GTX TI GB -bit GDDR - Card is in perfect condition no visible damage on the exterior nor is it hot to the touch seconds after shutdown - I have never ran in to any errors with the card prior I've only had it for two months - I do not overclock - Motherboard Supermicro X SIA-F does contain onboard VGA - I am currently running this card rather than onboard VGA but with VGA drivers - I run RAID I never have experienced any problems with its status until I started to receive all of these blue screens now my second hard-drive is running in to issues giving the volume a quot degraded quot status when I first experienced the blue screen my volume's condition was fine as was it when I was first started troubleshooting This is something new that seems to accommodate my frequent blue screens This disables some extra functionality but it is still entirely operable - I am unable to perform a system restore due to the lack of recent saves - Yes I have researched this problem and tested the methods of others on various help forums including this very own What I have tried and what happened - Reinstall proper drivers to no avail - Completely wipe nVidia from my system then try a reinstall to no avail - Run a Windows Update to upgrade the drivers cannot update - Search for drivers in the Device Manager to no avail - Upgrade Windows literally right after everything finished I was told that my system is illegible for an upgrade though my system seemed ready according to their tool - Repair my drivers via System File Checker no faults found - Expand via cmd prompt the nvlddmkm file from the driver installation in to the actual driver manually to ensure that the file is up to date no change - Ensure that I am not running in Aero Mode apparently this is incompatible without the proper drivers did not work - Completely unplug my system to no avail - Talk very sternly to my system to no avail though I do question my sanity more than I should now Any ideas Any and all help is appreciated My freetime has been swallowed by this dilemma I will update my post with additional information when appropriate it is more than likely I have left out or misaddressed some information due to the hastiness in which I wrote this Thank... Read more

A:BSOD with proper nVidia drivers on Windows Start-up, nvlddmkm.sys

Fuzzwolf,
Point 1:
Help us to help you by filling in your system specs and here is how:
Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec (left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

In the System Manufacturer Block, enter:
? Manufacturer and Model OR Custom build.
? ADD the word laptop, desktop, netbook or tablet.
For example:
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.

With Speccy, you can select with your mouse/touchpad info from the display
and paste that info into your specs.

SIW is a marvelous program, but the free version does not offer
this capability.

=====================================
======================================
After that is out of the way,
then if you are getting BSODs,
then
Post in the Crash and BSOD forum.

You will be expected to:

Your system specs will travel with you wherever you go on SevenForums.

========================================
thanks,
karl

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252943-bsod-proper-nvidia-drivers-windows-start-up-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Alright, here's the deal.
? Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, with SP2 RC.
? nVidia Gforce 9600 GT

Never had problems updating the drivers to their latest versions (downloaded from nvidia.com) until I de-installed Spybot (that crappy anti-spyware thing).

After that, everytime I try to install (after a deinstallation) or update the current drivers nothing happens. Install runs fine, copies files, reboots and voila... same drivers as before.

The only drivers that actually I was able to install were the 178.13 via the internal Windows Update. That's it. If I don't install them, the VGA card is shown as "vgasave" in the Device Manager.

I'm quite fed up with this and planning to reinstall Vista, but backuping everything up is going to be a real hassle, that's why I'm trying to find out a possible solution to this beforehand.

Any suggestions?.
Thanks in advance!

A:Updating nVidia drivers / nVidia Geforde 9600 GT

since you plan to reinstall windows, it cant hurt to try this first:

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/214450-updating-nvidia-drivers-nvidia-geforde-9600-gt.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Geforce 8200 installed in my computer but everytime i try to update my drivers to the newest 8200 drivers. it installed Geforce 9200 drivers...
i call nvidia and they said that 9200 is the same as 8200 and the drivers will work flawless with my 8200...
well they are totally wrong. with the 9200 installed, my HDMI screen flickers all the time then if i had the 8200 drivers in....
but here is the catch...since i updated i can't remember that driver i had installed that worked...
whenever i got to the nvidia site to get a 8200 driver
they send me to the 9200 driver page.
just want to know where i can get reliable 8200 drivers and if anyone knows a good 8200 driver that was the best out of the batch of them
i know i have have high hopes
but got to ask somewhere.
Vaughn

A:Nvidia 8200 Drivers /Nvidia 9200

If you go to the File Hippo site you will find lots of past version Nvidia drivers but you might be up against it if you can't remember the driver version you want. Trial and error maybe the only way to go.
If you do decide to try different versions I'd be using driver sweeper between installing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/160238-nvidia-8200-drivers-nvidia-9200-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I`ve got an Nvidia 7600GT card which will be upgraded to a 7900GTO next week. Do I have to remove the existing Nvidia drivers before installing?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I have tried searching all historic threads and been unable to find my answer but please forgive me if this has been covered before I have just upgraded to Vista x SP and am having difficulties / resolutions Crysis Warhead Crysis problems with Crysis Crysis Warhead My specific problem is that it Crysis / Crysis Warhead resolutions problems is not allowing me to select resolutions higher than When I was running it on XP Pro bit it was running at by and allowed me to select up to this resolution and all lower options I am particularly confused because Far Cry runs in without problemsMy desktop is set at I have tried creating a autoexec cfg file in the game directories forcing the width and height without successI have reinstalled the latest vista x CCC and driversI have tried reinstalling both games completely without successthewre is no scroll bar on the right in the resolution options which I have forgot to useI upgraded to a x system specifically for Crysis CW as I understood it would improve performance and I wanted to see the DX effect - needless to say I am very frustrated as a result Any help anyone could offer would be gratefully received Thanks

A:Crysis / Crysis Warhead resolutions problems

i got the same problem

crysis warhead problem

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/209790-crysis-crysis-warhead-resolutions-problems.html
Relevancy 53.32%

for some reason i get a bsod when playing crysis and i dont know why cuz i can do anything else on my pc just fine search crysis during bsod the web watch videos both player or streamed download things chat and so on at the same time once i bsod during crysis play a high end game like crysis it will slow down then screen shows a glitch then bsod then restarts the pc and here is what i get when i get back to my desktop I have included the mini dump files too so anyone can decipher it Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA C BCP B BCP BC OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users kris AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:bsod during crysis

Quote: Originally Posted by darksidekei

for some reason i get a bsod when playing crysis and i dont know why cuz i can do anything else on my pc just fine search the web, watch videos (both player or streamed), download things, chat, and so on at the same time. once i play a high end game like crysis it will slow down then screen shows a glitch then bsod then restarts the pc and here is what i get when i get back to my desktop I have included the mini dump files too so anyone can decipher it:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007C01028
BCP3: 00000000B4692000
BCP4: 00000000BC000135
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\052911-30529-01.dmp
C:\Users\kris\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-55364-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

These were caused by hardware

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Please run driver verifier to find out which driver is at fault.

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165956-bsod-during-crysis.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I built my first pc about months ago and it has ran great up until about a week ago I have played games such as The Elder Scrolls Skryim Warframes and Sim City All games at full capacity and they have all ran great I had one BSOD during Warframes but it was not recurring and did not happen again until about weeks later when I downloaded Crysis Crysis on Ultra settings plays great and runs smoothly but then will BSOD out of no where I have done clean installs of Windows and on the second one I did all Windows BSOD during Crysis 3 updates first thing I then played Sim City and Warframe with no problems for days Yesterday I installed Crysis and after about hours of gameplay which is much longer than in the past I got BSOD Also I ran MSI's graphics card stress test for an hour and ten minutes it ran great with no issues and did not overheat my graphics card Last night I ran Memtest for hours and checked it this morning and it showed no problems I will attached my BSOD dump files and Memtest picture Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:BSOD during Crysis 3

Your bugcheck is reporting (0x124) which is a hardware error:

Code:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800770e028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b0800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000040151, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
A fatal hardware error has occurred.
Argument 1 is telling us that the CPU has detected an error and has risen the red flag
to initiate a bugcheck in-order to protect the data.
Keep in mind that although the the CPU is the one which detected the fault doesn't
mean he is truly the one to blame.
We can use !errrec on the second argument to get more information about the error:

Code:
!errrec fffffa800770e028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa800770e028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01cea1363cb3f688
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 8/25/2013 2:25:31 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa800770e0a8
Section @ fffffa800770e180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Instruction Execute
Flags : 0x00
Level : 1
CPU Version : 0x0000000000600f20
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000004

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa800770e0f0
Section @ fffffa800770e240
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000004
CPU Id : 20 0f 60 00 00 08 08 04 - 0b 32 98 3e ff fb 8b 17
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa800770e240

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa800770e138
Section @ fffffa800770e2c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264

Error : ICACHEL1_IRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 1)
We can see that the error type is Fatal meaning the CPU couldn't
correct it and had to crash the machine.
The crash happened in the L1 CACHE.
Although this doesn't mean much it gives as a clue as to what might be going on.

The generic nature of the 0x124 (Arg1=0) stop code means we would have to take
the trail & error approach.

Do you have any spear parts (or another PC) to test with, mainly a PSU?
The usual suspect of this kind of BCCode is the CPU but it's often not the the case which is why we need
to test other components to rule them out as the cause.
How old are your components?

Fill out this form and post back the result.
Power Supply Calculator
Start by opening up the case and re-seating all types of connection.
SATA Cables (HDD/SSD/ODD).
SATA-Power.
Motherboard 24-pin.
Motherboard 4/8-pin (CPU).
Re-seat the RAM.
Re-seat the GPU.
Make sure that every slot / cable head is free of dust or other obstruction.
Make sure that every connection is seating properly and firmly in-place.

Download Speccy and post a Screenshot of the summary window, one at idle and another while putting load on the PC using Prime95 for the CPU side and Fu... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302434-bsod-during-crysis-3-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

This is the crash I get in Crysis, Windows 64 bit. Attachment 69087

A:BSOD in Crysis

Quote: Originally Posted by Akpsp

This is the crash I get in Crysis, Windows 64 bit. Attachment 69087

This one is pretty straight forward.; The directx portion of your video driver.

You need to remove all traces of the current driver (they may even have an un-install tool) and then install a fresh copy

Let us know if you need help with that

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\042310-18546-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*F:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a67000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02ca4e50
Debug session time: Fri Apr 23 23:33:16.464 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:33.371
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88004601e30, fffff880080dd070, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidMmIsAllocationTerminated+14 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff88004601e30, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff880080dd070, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
dxgmms1!VidMmIsAllocationTerminated+14
fffff880`04601e30 488b1a mov rbx,qword ptr [rdx]

CONTEXT: fffff880080dd070 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880080dd070)
rax=fffff880046118d0 rbx=fffff8a0075f3000 rcx=fffffa8005c91000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=fffff8a00ce12190 rdi=fffff8a00d0335d0
rip=fffff88004601e30 rsp=fffff880080dda40 rbp=fffff8a0075f4300
r8=fffffa800497ba90 r9=0000000000000050 r10=fffff80002a67000
r11=000000000000079b r12=0000000000000001 r13=fffff8a00cec8200
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000001
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010282
dxgmms1!VidMmIsAllocationTerminated+0x14:
fffff880`04601e30 488b1a mov rbx,qword ptr [rdx] ds:002b:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/80369-bsod-crysis.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My dump file is attached. I hope this will help.

i7 4770k
H80i
gtx770
8GB ram
1TB
z87 pro asus mobo

A:BSOD playing Crysis 1,2,3 and Just Cause 2

You are getting 0x116 bugchecks. These aren't like any other bugchecks in the sense that these only happen because an attempt to reset the display driver within the allocated time interval failed.
This can be caused by a few things, mainly display drivers or a failing graphics card.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a1a7390, fffff8800fa19e2c, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+9bbe2c )

Code:
fffff880`061dba50 fffff880`0fce6867 : fffff880`0fa19e2c fffffa80`09084000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`061dba90 fffff880`0fd12f4f : fffffa80`ffffd84d ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`0a1a7390 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`061dbb40 fffff880`0fde203d : fffffa80`074de9d0 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08fe9410 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`061dbbc0 fffff800`0311f73a : 00000000`03333364 fffffa80`08c35a00 fffffa80`066769e0 fffffa80`08c35a00 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101

Code:
!error ffffffffc000009a
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009a (3221225626) - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.
This can be caused by corrupt RAM or pool leaks.

Code:
7: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f05e000 fffff880`0fcb6000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Mar 04 11:07:52 2014 (5315B408)
CheckSum: 00C20523
ImageSize: 00C58000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Looking at your display driver version I recommend installing an earlier version and see if that helps.
It would be wise to follow these instructions as they have helped quite a lot of other people.

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Based on your system spec, I recommend this driver:

WHQL 327.23

Warning

This driver was selected based on your system specs
It's for Windows 7 64bit GTX 770
If you have changed hardware since then ignore this and DO NOT download this driver as it could be incompatible.

If that doesn't help then I would test your GPU to see if it's failing.
Furmark is one of the best.

Stress test your graphics card with Furmark

I recommend running it for around 30 minutes

Warning

Furmark will increase the temperature of your GPU rapidly so keep and eye on your temperatures

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332381-bsod-playing-crysis-1-2-3-just-cause-2-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Slowly i'm starting to think my graphic card has a problem. This system is completely new (all exept for the gpu, 2x ssds and 1x hdd). I had overclocked to 4.3ghz, but after many crashes in crysis 3 and witcher 3, i thought i'd revert to stock to see how it fairs. While everything was at stock my system seemed to run longer in crysis 3, after 30 minutes.. first bsod..

So my conclusion now is, since everything on my side is at stock settings, that it can't be the overclock anymore.

Right now i'm starting to think it's my gpu.

Anyways, here the bsod.

P.S: Temperatures were fine during the test (780 ti at around 80-82c - normal for this card, cpu no more than 53c) - I rule out temperature being a problem completely.

Zip below. thank you in advance!

DESKTOP-1DDG21C-Sun_01_31_2016_121209_56.zip

A:BSOD in witcher 3 and crysis 3

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.
I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

Code:
<ActivePartialProductKey>T83GX</ActivePartialProductKey>
<ActiveProductKeyPid2>00331-10000-00001-AA991</ActiveProductKeyPid2>
<OSVersion>10.0.10586.2.00010100.0.0.048</OSVersion>
<ProductName>Windows 10 Pro</ProductName>
<ProcessorArchitecture>x64</ProcessorArchitecture>
<EditionId>Professional</EditionId>
<BuildLab>10586.th2_release.160104-1513</BuildLab>
<TimeZone>W. Europe Standard Time(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone>
<ActiveSkuId>2de67392-b7a7-462a-b1ca-108dd189f588</ActiveSkuId>
<ActiveSkuDescription>Windows(R) Operating System, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel</ActiveSkuDescription>
<ProductUniquenessGroups>55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f</ProductUniquenessGroups>
<ActiveProductKeyPKeyId>08e404fb-41f3-77ac-59ef-6e9f2d3f499d</ActiveProductKeyPKeyId>
<ActiveProductKeyPidEx>03612-03311-000-000001-03-1033-10586.0000-0162016</ActiveProductKeyPidEx>
<ActiveProductKeyChannel>Volume:GVLK</ActiveProductKeyChannel>
<ActiveVolumeCustomerPid>06401-00168-152-425729-03-1033-9600.0000-1762015</ActiveVolumeCustomerPid>
<OfflineInstallationId>599483537404503354244105803054464105175980045031415261634519924</OfflineInstallationId>
<DomainJoined>false</DomainJoined>
Forum rules

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39228-bsod-witcher-3-crysis-3-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

Here are the zipped files of the BSOD etc.

Thanks for taking a look.

Nevica

A:BSOD while downloading Crysis 3

Hi nevica,

you are posting on different threads for same issue:
BSOD playing BF3
you should really stick to one thread as it can
get a tad confusing.

From your dump file:

Quote:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 50, {fffff820038669c0, 0, fffff800036e6c36, 5}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PspReturnQuota+46 )
---------
3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.

STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS.

The analysis is inconclusive to a point.

Run Driver Verifier to scan for any corrupted drivers which may be causing problems, this program works by running various stress tests on drivers, in order to produce a BSOD which will locate the driver; run for least 24 hours:
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Uninstall Total PC health from your system, as it will most likely do more harm than good, as Windows 7
does not require it.

Run SFC to check the integrity of all Windows 7 system files:
Click on the Start > Type in search cmd
Right click cmd at top and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow at the prompt (note the space between SFC and /scannow)
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Run memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html
Ensure you have all the latest Windows Updates installed.

Post back any results / observations
Cheers
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281193-bsod-while-downloading-crysis-3-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi i am trying to figure out what is causing my BSOD's, i usually get 4-5 a day, i have enclosed a rar files with my minidumps. its driving me crazy trying to fix this! >.<

Motherboard: Asus M4a88t-m
Ram: 2 x 4G DDR3
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5450

Update: Now i dont even get a blue screen, i just get a black screen and the computer restarts. My system specs are in my profile and ive attached a performance report. Any help would be REALLY appreciated as i am so lost trying to figure this out. Thank you in advance!!!

A:BSOD while playing crysis

Could you follow this tutorial it will retrieve more information that we need to look over.

Your usb drivers are causing issues please uninstall them and update them with new ones..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184967-bsod-while-playing-crysis.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Got a random BSOD playing Crysis last night this error only 7 Crysis x64 BSOD playing Windows occurs in Crysis no BSOD playing Crysis Windows 7 x64 other games Had every setting on Very High which was putting a high load on the PC PC Specs - ASUS Sabertooth FX Motherboard W True Power Modular PSU AMD T CPU x MSI Radeon R Power O C Edition in Crossfire Preview Drivers x WD AX GB HDD SYNAPSE CACHE GB SSD Windows x Ultimate Edition All hardware between weeks and months old Bluescreen view Dump File BSOD playing Crysis Windows 7 x64 - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter fffff Parameter fffff a e f Parameter fffff a e Caused By Driver dxgmms sys Caused By Address dxgmms sys dc File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address dxgmms sys Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Attachment as per sticky thread also included Thanks for any assistance Chris

A:BSOD playing Crysis Windows 7 x64

Quote: Originally Posted by Chrisoldinho

Hi,

Got a random BSOD playing Crysis last night, this error only occurs in Crysis, no other games. Had every setting on Very High which was putting a high load on the PC.

PC Specs:-

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Motherboard
750W True Power Modular PSU
AMD 1090T CPU
2x MSI Radeon R6850 Power O/C Edition (in Crossfire) (12.1 Preview Drivers)
2x WD50000AX 500GB HDD
SYNAPSE CACHE 64GB SSD
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Edition

All hardware between 2 weeks and 3 months old.

Bluescreen view:
==================================================
Dump File : 010212-34242-01.dmp
Crash Time : 02/01/2012 02:22:36
Bug Check String : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x1000007e
Parameter 1 : ffffffff`c0000005
Parameter 2 : fffff880`04820251
Parameter 3 : fffff880`0a5e58f8
Parameter 4 : fffff880`0a5e5150
Caused By Driver : dxgmms1.sys
Caused By Address : dxgmms1.sys+37dc0
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : dxgmms1.sys+20251
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\010212-34242-01.dmp
Processors Count : 6
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 275,848
==================================================

Attachment as per sticky thread also included.

Thanks for any assistance,
Chris.

Hi Chris
These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205933-bsod-playing-crysis-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I'm new to the website and I hear its a great place to get help with (overheating?) S.T.A.L.K.E.R:CS, Bsod 8800GT in Crysis you Pc problems so I wonder if you can help me PC specs in signature Its about years old but still decent for todays games This problem is two years old 8800GT Bsod in S.T.A.L.K.E.R:CS, Crysis (overheating?) aswell I bought the thing years ago and been having the problem since but been away from years in New Zealand Australia and am just wondering if there is 8800GT Bsod in S.T.A.L.K.E.R:CS, Crysis (overheating?) a fix or 8800GT Bsod in S.T.A.L.K.E.R:CS, Crysis (overheating?) this problem I have no problems with anything like BF or any steam games css dod s and TF however something like Crysis or STALKER Clear Sky will eventually lead me to a BSOD I play the game expecting no problems but this is deterring me from enjoying it What actually happens is I'm playing stalker for an hour or maybe and everything is fine but then the screen with freeze for a second the audio continuous for a few more seconds then nothing and then BSOD and sometimes even the BSOD looks glitchy like it has black lines going through it Then the PC will restart as usual and I get an error report when logging in its usually something like this Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID BCCode BCP FFFFFA FB E BCP FFFFFA A A BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Or something to do with the live kernal event Improving the fan speed to like having a hairdryer in my ear thank god I play with a headset always me to usually play stalker without any problems for a good hours but even now and then on occasion I get a Bsod The fan stays at C according to nvtune and I think that's way to low so I clock it up to or fan speed and the card will idle at C and go up to C or a little higher in games but I have never seen it above C just so you know the rest of my specs I have - I have the latest drivers for the graphics card but since the PC was built I have no idea about updating the motherboard Bios or anything like that I get lost just looking at the Asustek website Suggestions up to know are Overheating GPU ofcourse Motherboard Bios update bad ram Hope You cans can improve on this from help I get years ago Thank you tl dr My Games that have Higher GFX crash to a BSOD after a glitchy frozen screen and then reboots all lower end games CSS etc play fine even COD max setting plays great with fan speed plays never crashes same as steam games Crysis and STALKER CS crash Bsod on occasion on fan speed and crash Bsod almost instantly upon playing if I don't change the fan speed from

A:8800GT Bsod in S.T.A.L.K.E.R:CS, Crysis (overheating?)

P.S Default fan speed for a 8800GT is only 29%! which is crazy and its begging to overheat in any GFX demanding games i.e crysis... move your fan speed using NVtune to 50-60% fan speed and it makes your Bsod alot less common, 100% is very noisy but could be a temporary solution.

At 50-60% fan speed I get not a single BSOD in any steam game I own, nor BF2 or COD4 on maximum graphics

My 8800GT just doesnt agree with Crysis and stalker even at 100% fan speed

hope that helps somewhat.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/8800gt-bsod-in-s-t-a-l-k-e-r-cs-crysis-overheating-518576.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Recently built this computer for my friend I'm a little confused on where to go with this because googling his error codes result a lot of different suggestions but I'm looking for something a bit more concise because he's new to troubleshooting PCs and over an hour away times during Crysis and then once during a regular web web Crysis browsing on times), and BSOD during (3 1 browsing session Quote Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter e Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff e a c Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl BSOD on Crysis (3 times), and 1 during web browsing exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Quote Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver tcpip sys Caused By Address tcpip sys fe File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Quote Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter fff f Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff c af Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Quote Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter fffff fa Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff c f Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size What does he need to do Here are his specs Win Pro bit Radeon HD FX- Core GHz GB x GB G SKiLL ASUS M A mobo

A:BSOD on Crysis (3 times), and 1 during web browsing

Make him run this
: Sf diagnostic tool
:SF Diagnostic Tool - Using for Troubleshooting

then upload it here

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257325-bsod-crysis-3-times-1-during-web-browsing.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I know these forums are quite busy lately but any help from knowledgeable parties would be most welcome I have a freshly-installed last night and updated copy (dxgmms1.sys) Crysis BSOD Running of Windows Pro -bit with nothing but device drivers Firefox and iTunes installed I then proceeded to install Crysis Warhead with Patch and ran the -bit executable About minutes or so into the game the graphics freeze BSOD Running Crysis (dxgmms1.sys) the screen goes black and the sound locks up All of this takes about seconds and then the BSOD appears citing quot dxgmms sys quot as the problem I had been smoothly running the game in x with every setting at maximum except for disabled motion blur I sought help from the internet and couldn't find much on the matter BSOD Running Crysis (dxgmms1.sys) I have uninstalled my graphics driver run DriverSweeper in Windows safe mode and re-installed a newly-downloaded copy of the drivers This has not helped my problem My system specs can be seen in my profile but I'll post them here if you wish When someone has the time I would very much appreciate any thoughts or suggestions Cheers

A:BSOD Running Crysis (dxgmms1.sys)

High temperatures are not the issue. I ran two stress tests: Prime95 64-bit for my CPU, and OCCT for my GPU. The hardware got a workout but no errors were reported. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic twice at startup with no errors. I have a Silverstone 750W power supply that is about three months old and powered the same hardware in XP.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/38569-bsod-running-crysis-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Everyone I've BSOD Crysis 3 dxgmms1+0x1B61 playing recently been receiving BSODs when playing Crysis for more than minutes Either this happens or the game automatically exits itself with no error prompt I've also occasionally run into the same BSOD issue after playing Metro Last Light and a heavily modded Skyrim ENB Extremely High-Res textures Shader mods The BSODs have only recently popped up after I bought a second Video Card and another two sticks up ram to have an sli setup x Gigabyte Windforce GTX and an increase from GB to GB of ram I've run Memtest three time already for over hours each time with errors I've also tried running FurMark DMark FireStrike Extreme and Metro LL Benchmarks for multiple runs for each video card separately but I get no reported errors crashes or BSODs BSOD playing Crysis 3 dxgmms1+0x1B61 in non-SLI mode I'm royally confused as to how to isolate the issue My power supply is a PC Power amp Cooling Silencer MkII W power supply Plus Silver rated My motherboard is an Asrock Z Extreme I also run a Vertex GB SSD Any help on isolating the problem would be great I'm personally wondering if it's a VRAM issue I've noticed that each of these three games have high VRAM usage in the highest settings especially a heavily Modded Skyrim

A:BSOD playing Crysis 3 dxgmms1+0x1B61

As an update here are two of the latest crash logs I've received. The details should have been included in the Zip in the first post.

On Tue 10/1/2013 1:06:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\093013-10608-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (dxgmms1+0x1B61E)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8800511261E, 0xFFFFF8800EAC4990, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 9/19/2013 11:28:39 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091913-10530-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms1.sys (dxgmms1+0x20E2F)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF88007357E2F, 0xFFFFF88005EF7568, 0xFFFFF88005EF6DC0)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\dxgmms1.sys
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: DirectX Graphics MMS
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306753-bsod-playing-crysis-3-dxgmms1-0x1b61.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I am new to the forum and thought maybe the community could help me with my problem. I just built a new computer and have been using it for a week. I think it might be a driver issue of some sort, as it just started happening recently today, after I installed a few drivers for Bioshock 1 and Crysis 3. It has happened 3 times today, usually about an hour or two into the game. I have attached the Diagnostics Tool file to help diagnose the problem. I would really appreciate help with this. Thanks! (ps. I run three monitors on my video card using eyefinity, not sure if it is related to this)

A:BSOD playing Tribes Ascend and Crysis 3

OK two things, First i notice you don't have service pack on installed, please install it it contains a number of stability and security fixes:

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Next please check for any updates to your video card driverswhich can be found here: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279295-bsod-playing-tribes-ascend-crysis-3-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Just in the last week I've been getting <name of game>.exe has stopped responding when playing 3D games. Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2, they will freeze, I then have to ctrl+alt+del out and see the underlying window with 'bf3.exe' or 'crysis2.exe' has stopped responding and will close.

Sometimes I can play for 30 minutes, sometimes only 5 minutes before they will freeze.

Also received a couple BSOD's:

Stop: 0x0a

Stop: 0xd1

I believe it's something I've installed in the last week, windows update, sound/video drivers. But I can't seem to track it down. Before this past week everything was running great with no errors.

System Specs:
GPU: Nividia Gefore Gtx 570
CPU: AMD 8350 8-core 4.0 ghz
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
RAM: Gskill Sniper Series 8 gb 1866
PSU: TX650
Sound: Creative Xifi xtreme gamer

Crash Dump Included.

A:BF3 & Crysis 2 freezing '.exe stopped responding', and BSOD's

Hi Tvegas,

The crash dump analysis:
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high.
The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, virus scanner, BIOS or an incompatible backup program.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {fffff683ff7dbc48, 0, 0, fffff8000348d1f4}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUpdateWsle+2e4 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff683ff7dbc48, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000000, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff8000348d1f4, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800036b3100
fffff683ff7dbc48

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiUpdateWsle+2e4
fffff800`0348d1f4 493338 xor rdi,qword ptr [r8]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: LogonUI.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800bcbe550 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800bcbe550)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff800036b6600 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff70001080488
rdx=7ff0000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8000348d1f4 rsp=fffff8800bcbe6e0 rbp=000000000000070f
r8=fffff683ff7dbc48 r9=fffffa8000000000 r10=fffff683ff7f95a8
r11=0000000000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 ov up ei ng nz ac po nc
nt!MiUpdateWsle+0x2e4:
fffff800`0348d1f4 493338 xor rdi,qword ptr [r8] ds:2680:fffff683`ff7dbc48=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000347a1e9 to fffff8000347ac40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0bcbe408 fffff800`0347a1e9 : 00000000`0000000a fffff683`ff7dbc48 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0bcbe410 fffff800`03478e60 : 00000000`00000000 fffff683`ff7dbc48 fffffa80`0bfba800 00000000`7fefb789 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0bcbe550 fffff800`0348d1f4 : fffffa80`00000028 fffff800`03496418 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`0bcbe6e0 fffff800`034992bd : 00000000`00000a27 00000000`00000000 fffff700`01080000 00000000`a0000003 : nt!MiUpdateWsle+0x2e4
fffff880`0bcbe750 fffff800`03498adf : 22700001`da51d025 00000001`da51d121 fffffa80`0bfba928 00000000`00000001 : nt!MiCompleteProtoPteFault+0x2cd
fffff880`0bcbe7e0 fffff800`034975f... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282739-bf3-crysis-2-freezing-exe-stopped-responding-bsods.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Well i got nvidia evga 8800 gts 320 mb i went to nvidia.com and got the newest drivers which are 7.15.11.5824 and i went to evga and seen they have 158.45 should i go there and download theres or stick with these?

A:Question about nvidia drivers and evga drivers

Why not try both... I doubt that it makes a lick of difference. The first one that dosn't give you the blue screen of death is the one to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-nvidia-drivers-and-evga-drivers.79761/
Relevancy 51.6%

hi, can somebody tell me that drivers for AGP cards with ref to nvidia available on nvidia's own website are better to use or ones available on 3rd party websites are betters. For instance now a days the latest version of driver available on nvidia's website is 81.98, however, on some other sites e.g www.guru3d.com, latest version of driver i.e later version then 81.98 is available for nvidia cards. So my question is: is it better to go with the one available on nvidia's own site or the other one????

thnx :grinthumb

A:Are nvidia's own website drivers better or third party drivers???

I only use the WHQL drivers on Nvidia's site. Newer versions may just be beta versions or modified (hacked) drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/are-nvidias-own-website-drivers-better-or-third-party-drivers.43547/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello. I have a MSI NF750-G55 motherboard which came with Nvidia sound drivers. Windows update even provided an update for the nvidia drivers once I connected to the internet.

However, I also know that there are Realtek sound drivers. Will my system be more stable if I just install the nvidia drivers or should I install the realtek HD drivers too? Or would having 2 sound drivers cause freezes?

I appreciate any advice. So far all my sound works great so that isn't an issue, and I don't really care about having the realtek audio manager.

A:Nvidia sound drivers, realtek drivers, or both?

Basically, if it isn't broke, don't fix it.

The sound is a Realtek chip on the motherboard, thus the Realtek would be the first choice, but if other supplied drivers work and you have all functions there is no need for additional drivers. The Microsoft drivers are actually Realtek drivers (but Microsoft can be several versions behind due to their validation process).

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/55354-nvidia-sound-drivers-realtek-drivers-both.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I need help with crashing due to kernel drivers. This problem started on Windows 8, and I upgraded to Windows 10, and is still crashing. I have done many things to attempt to fix this problem, such as using DDR to uninstall drivers, rolling back old drivers etc., and none of this has worked. I have gone into event manager and the one thing that seems to always occur is:"The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000." at startup. While I am experienced with computers, I have no idea how to fix this. So if anybody knows how to fix this, can you please tell me? Also, if anyone needs pictures of the crashed scree, debug info, etc. I will gladly provide it. Thanks!

A:Kernel Drivers Crashing for all NVIDIA drivers with GTX 745

Out of curiosity, what driver version are you running?
Also, try going to Nvidia Control Panel -> 3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Power Management Mode, set it to High Performance not Adaptive and see if that helps

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/43047-kernel-drivers-crashing-all-nvidia-drivers-gtx-745-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey i have been having problems with my newish laptop I have restored it back to the factory settings and reinstalled everything but it still gets BSOD In error playing 0x0000004e more BSOD 3,and battlefeild 3,crysis mind i am pretty new to computers this is what who crashed says System Information local computer BSOD playing battlefeild 3,crysis 3,and more error 0x0000004e name ALEXS-PC windows version Windows Service Pack build windows dir C Windows CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM total VM free Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Sun AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code x E x x C x F FF x Error PFN LIST CORRUPT file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that the page frame number PFN list is corrupted This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time I hope someone can help thanks bug check code x e

A:BSOD playing battlefeild 3,crysis 3,and more error 0x0000004e

Please follow: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292265-bsod-playing-battlefeild-3-crysis-3-more-error-0x0000004e.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi! I got this error once now when i was playing crysis 3! I have attached the zip file from sf-diagnostic tool so can anyone please help me?i had lots of bsod but all of them were my own fault (bad software and stuff) and one was the asus suit 2 software from the driver disk but i don't have it now and no bsod until i installed and played crysis 3 for about 20 mins! other games were fine or maybe not cause i don't know now after that bsod and i can't test now sorry!

A:BSOD Playing Crysis 3 error 0x0...0116 BugCheck

and one more thing bsod was not actually blue screen! just a black screen and i had to do a hard reset!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302109-bsod-playing-crysis-3-error-0x0-0116-bugcheck.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Which version should I use for the NVIDIA drivers, the Vista version or the 7 version?

A:NVIDIA drivers - Vista drivers or 7 drivers?

Download the windows 7 drivers from nvidia's website, not from Windows update assuming you have win7 installed somewhere as you state your running vistain your profile.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/7784-nvidia-drivers-vista-drivers-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello this is my first post here Today I tried Crysis after couple of weeks In previous days my flat had unpredictable power cuts I am Random Crysis BSOD Chrome, browsing black or playing sreens 2 just writing it here in case it helps anything So I have Win Professional bit freshly installed on HDD like a week ago I don't Random BSOD playing Crysis 2 or browsing Chrome, black sreens have many games and so far I've got no problems running anything whatsoever Today it's the third time I got BSOD which is attached My specs AMD Phenom II X Ghz each No OC GB DDR Ram Nvidia GTX DX WIN Professional bit Anyone got anything I am frustrated It happens in Crysis when browsing google Chrome or randomly in Windows Thanks for any info --- Popis probl mu N zov probl movej udalosti BlueScreen Verzia OS Identifik cia miestneho nastavenia al ie inform cie o probl me BCCode BCP FFFFFA E BCP FFFFF FA AFA BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product S bory ktor pom haj pop sa probl m C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Mysho AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Edit Noone to help me with my problem IT IS REALLY BUGGING ME OUT Please any advice Thank you very much

A:Random BSOD playing Crysis 2 or browsing Chrome, black sreens

Hi Mysho welcome to SF

Please uninstall your nvidia software\driver.

Download the most recent driver from
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Install the new software\driver.

Update DirectX Download Details - Microsoft Download Center - DirectX End-User Runtime

Run the http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-occt.html

Post back the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187148-random-bsod-playing-crysis-2-browsing-chrome-black-sreens.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi new to the forums Followed the instructions to uploading BSODs Is Windows - x No - the original installed OS on the system Not Sure - an OEM or full retail version OEM full retail Tried reinstalling Nope I have run memtest Not a memory error I have updated drivers with Windows Update Yes The system crashed randomly (League, games Crysis), BSOD's codes. involving multiple STOP Most I ever got was in an hour but usually in - hours Windows Bit CPU Intel Core Duo CPU BSOD's involving games (League, Crysis), multiple STOP codes. Motherboard BSOD's involving games (League, Crysis), multiple STOP codes. Not sure Memory Mb not sure which manufacturer Graphics Card Nvidia Quadro NVS m Sound Card What Monitor x Hard Drive GB Hard Drive GB Usable GB Used GB Available Brief overview My laptop had been running fine until about weeks ago when BSOD's involving games (League, Crysis), multiple STOP codes. around BSOD's happened since When I start a game during the game or closing the game gives me an BSOD When I start the game the screen goes black for a while then I get a BSOD During the game the game freezes and crashes and if I make it through an entire game without crashing it would crash in a few moments - Minutes Later Usually gives me x e xC or IRQL Not less or equal Attachment Any help would be appreciated Seven Forum Diagnostic could not find minidump

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello World I have been having trouble with my computer Earlier this week i reinstalled my XP partition on a XP Ubuntu dual booting system The audio would clip and the computer would ultimately freeze Now to trouble shoot Drivers = Freezing M2n-e Drivers + Nvidia Ccc Ati the problem i started googling and heard it might be my PSU which was deffective so i got a new one it works M2n-e Nvidia Drivers + Ati Ccc Drivers = Freezing great computer s now a quiet happy camper However windows is not Now by installing and uninstalling drivers one by one I have found out that the trouble with my windows environment is that the new ATi card s drivers are craptastique or are clashing with my Nvidia drivers M2n-e Nvidia Drivers + Ati Ccc Drivers = Freezing for the built in stuff of my M N-E motherboard I do not have these problems in my Ubuntu environment which further strengthens my belief that it s a Windows driver issue That would also explain my system event error is Dcom failing Well that you all for the help in advance Ellypho

A:M2n-e Nvidia Drivers + Ati Ccc Drivers = Freezing

Hello world!

I have solved my own problem.
The solution?
Instead off the bulky CCC drivers i just got the minimalistic drivers and so to enable my secoundary screen i just had to use the winedows system

Thanks anyways
Ellypho

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159770/m2n-e-nvidia-drivers-ati-ccc-drivers-freezing/
Relevancy 49.45%

Question: should i install nforce drivers from nvidia web site or just stick with win 7 64bit drivers.
I got this pc from a friend it already had win 7 64 bit on it but i didnt see any nforce drivers in the unistall section.I did however install the latest graghicsw drivers.
System is running smooth just wanted to get the best performance possible.
Also speccy say's i have a nforce 720a mobo and nvidia's say's it's a 710a,whats up with that,,,,anyway thanks for any advice.....

A:nvidia nforce drivers better than win 7 64 bit drivers!!

Hello,

If it's running smoothly.... let it be. (If it's not broke, don't fix it)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/92263-nvidia-nforce-drivers-better-than-win-7-64-bit-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a GTS250 made by EVGA. When I installed windows 7, it knew it automatically.

I would prefer to leave it alone, but I am I missing out? Will it perform better with the Drivers from EVGA?

A:Win7 drivers or NVidia drivers?

Do things seem sluggish? Are you having any problems? Anything unstable or acting up? If you answered no, I'd leave things alone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/33057-win7-drivers-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i dont kno if i should get an omega driver. i have the latest nvidia driver and i dont have any problems with it, but if the omega drivers are better then il get that. are they? also if i do download and install the omega drivers, do i have to uninstall my nvidia drivers? my video card is not the only thing that uses my nvidia drivers. my mother board also uses the nvidia drivers. its a nvidia nforce 61x0 MCP. so do i have to uninstall my nvidia drivers? should i even get the omega drivers? please help.

A:omega drivers or nvidia drivers?

The enemy of good, is better.
Wait until you are no longer happy with what you have. Don't get caught up in buying the latest thing just to have the latest product in a good review.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/omega-drivers-or-nvidia-drivers.85806/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, 'tis me again.

I am currently on 2.70 drivers for my GeForce 250GTS. I have lately been playing a game called World of Tanks a whole lot.

My question is, does anyone know which driver specifically was made to improve the game World of Tanks? I know certain driver numbers will improve certain games. I don't just want the latest drivers. I'm looking for a specific one that improves World of Tanks. The game is a couple years old by now (and so are the 2.70 drivers, I think). Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

A:Nvidia Drivers

go to nvidia.com and fill in your card where it says drivers and it will find the latest graphics drivers for your card.

Welcome to NVIDIA - World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies

Never heard of using a certain driver for a certain game. Now maybe a certain VIDIE CARD for a certain game, that I`ve heard of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/278368-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

This is for those of us that have Nvidia cards. They have released a new driver (3-13-12). It's v296.10, this one seems stable. I was unable to use the last version 285 (I believe), my system just didn't like it.
www.geforce.com/drivers

A:New Nvidia drivers

The last version also caused me issues. I've had 296.10 installed since it was released and I've not had a problem since .
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/220297-new-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello
Could someone tell me how to delete the new Nvidia drivers (23.11) & replace them with the older 21.83 version. Do I just install the 21.83 & let it copy over the newer ones?
Everyone is saying the newest version is causing probs with 3D type games.

Thank you for helping

scorn

A:NVidia drivers help

Are you having a specific problem? I am running the 23.11 with no problems. However, if you still need to change, go to control panel, add remove programs and the uninstall for the drivers should be there. Once uninstalled, reboot and install the older drivers.

Good Luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-drivers-help.65606/
Relevancy 46.87%

So, I just checked out Nvidia's website for new video card drivers. Their last update was back in April, it seems. The last version was at 197.45, and now it's jumped up to 257.21. It was released on the 15th, and it is now the 19th.

Question is: Has anyone here updated to 257.21 and experienced any problems with the new video card drivers? I have a Ge-Force GTS250, and I'm wondering if getting the new set of drivers is a good move or not, even if I don't play the games they list on their website that get % improvements they did the updates on. So, has anyone tried the new drivers? I'd like to know before downloading them.

A:New Nvidia Drivers

look again GeForce Forceware 258.49 WHQL 32-bit download from Guru3D.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/92350-new-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

sup guys, i need the nvidia 71.82 driver if any one have it can you please let me know where to download it thanks in advance..

A:anyone got nvidia 71.82 drivers???

run a google search instead, the file will be too big to email. and if i was you i'd remove your email address from your post.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-got-nvidia-71-82-drivers.31255/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have tried numerous times in the last few days to update the drivers for nvidia 8600.
Download, then start to install, it says the new drivers are only for 32 bit Vista.
I KNOW I have Vista home premium, 32 bit.
Redownloaded several times to make sure it's the right version, but get the same results.
Anyone else having these problems?
I think the new driver release date is Jan.8 2009, and the software version is 180.20

Relevancy 46.87%

Only 6 days ago I installed new drivers and this morning an update ?

A:Nvidia Drivers

Yes they updated to 344.65 on November 10, 2014.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/351881-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Here...

Try this link if you're having problems downloading the Vista/Windows 7 file.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/251039-nvidia-191-07-drivers-out.html
Relevancy 46.87%

hello everyone, even though i visit this page for a while its my first post... unfortunatlly due to some problems i m having with my pc...
everything seems to work fine, except when i run games...
it crashes with the error of "nvidia driver stoped workiing" something like that, and sometimes i even have to restart the pc...
this is my pc...
i have everything update.. bios, chipset, you name it... from the manufacturar and from nvidia... everything they tell me, nothing works... could please someone givbe me a help...
i ve tryed basiclly all of the nvidia drivers.
one other thing that i notice, is that for example, when i att one file to a mail, its slows down when navigating thru the explorer... almost stops...
please help and sorry for my bad english
thanks

A:gpu? nvidia drivers? please help!!!!

Welcome to SF!

Try uninstalling anything nVidia related in Programs and Features.

It sounds like an nVidia program is crashing, not the actual drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/77718-gpu-nvidia-drivers-please-help.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I've just installed latest Vista WHQL drivers in the attempt to make it work the TV-OUT mode as on XP.. but no way.

Anyone know how to activate fullscreen video on second monitor?
maybe a register entry?

As for the default W7 online-update drivers, no option.

Any help?
Thanks in advance

* there's a similar thread for ATI, but I guessed I could make a new one for nVidia cards...

BTW as dual boot, Windows 7 really rocks! I can't believe my eyes...
and my old AMD64 too

Thanks guys for this forum!

A:Nvidia Drivers & TV-OUT

I seem to have the same problem...

I've tried the latest Vista WHQL drivers today (181.20) and, prior to that, the NVIDIA drivers available from Windows Update automagically. However...although I can enable the VGA and DVI/HDMI outputs of my 8600GT to one of my TVs, I just can't get the component-out connection working to my second TV (usuallly detected fine and appears as "HDTV" on the NVIDIA control panel). Re-booted into Vista and all is well there, just won't work in Windows 7.

I've also noticed that the Windows 7 machine suffers from the washed-out blacks that I had on Vista with the newer drivers...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/1895-nvidia-drivers-tv-out.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, first I want to say I do not speak English
I have a big problem on my computer, it only starts in safe mode and vga
Because he is missing the video drivers. Plus this is the problem, I use a very old card nVidia Geforce 4 MX 4000
They say that Windows 7 does not support this board, there are more than two months ago I had this driver. More uninstalled unintentionally
And now I'm chasing these drivers, please someone wanted to publish the link of the drivers, that's all!
I'm from Brazil and I am using a translator a few more English classes that I did. If anyone knows tell me.

A:Help with nVidia Drivers

Drivers - GeForce

Auto-detect your GPU

Or

Run Windows Update again

It might find the correct driver again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/227432-help-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Anybody running the new 163.69 Beta drivers.

Just curious to see if they run any better.

A:New nVIDIA drivers

I am. As you mentioned in the other thread, it doesn't say it's for Vista, but it's working for me. My frame rate in Guild Wars went back to 62 from the 49 it dropped to with the previous beta.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/92996-new-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys and thanks in advance. A friend of mine is trying to install my old 7950GT 512mb into his freshly reformatted computer. He has told me that he tried installing the proper nvidia drivers and after restarting it made no difference. He said the windows are still glitchy and the resolution and color bit still stay the same, as if there were no drivers installed. He also said he tried installing the drivers from the EVGA website as well (it was an EVGA card). I didn't have him look in the Device Manager to see if it was in there but I will and update this post. I haven't looked at it myself but figured I'd get some ideas before I do, so I can save some time when it comes. =P

Could the card be dead/dieing? Is it possible for ram/cpu/mobo to cause this to happen?

Thanks again!

A:Nvidia Drivers do nothing

yes the card could be dieing. and yes the mobo could be causing this but more unlikely.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-drivers-do-nothing.110756/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently did a clean install of vista so I had to download all the updates and drivers again. When I run HP Update it tells me there is an Nvidia VGA driver I need to download.. I was pretty sure I already downloaded this. Anyway, I hit download and it ran for a while then it came up with an error saying it could not finish. I went to the Nvidia website looking for the driver and it told me I must download through HP. Went to the HP website and found the driver for my video card, downloaded it, installed it. Now when I run HP update it still says I need to download the Nvidia VGA driver. Does this mean it isnt installed correctly or does HP Update just not recognize it? Thanks in advance

A:Nvidia VGA drivers

I have HP Update on my laptop and have found in to not be a particularly reliable tool. Several times it just stopped downloading or errored out before I gave up on it. I have always ignored "automatic update" recommendations for something as critical as video drivers and downloaded them straight from the manufacturer's website.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/114220-nvidia-vga-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Computer
Intel MB DH67GD
I7 2600 CPU
8 Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 750 TI 2Gb (new)

I had the GTX 750 TI installed at the local shop with the Nvidia drivers. The driver package was a year old. I downloaded the newest drivers (340.52 WHQL). I followed the instructions in this forum exactly, Every I dotted and every T crossed. I started the install and received the dreaded driver install failure. Ok, I ran through the whole operation again, same failure. I downloaded another installation guide right from Nvidia. Same thing. Why every time with every Nvidia driver? This is the 3rd time this year. Ok, so now is there any way possible to get this thing installed or is it going back to the shop? As always, any comments or suggestions welcome. Maybe try a safe mode install?
Tnx,
(Whoops I did it again) Dusty

A:Nvidia Drivers (again)

Quote: Originally Posted by DustyV

I downloaded the newest drivers (340.52 WHQL)

I experienced a similar failure with my Gainward GeForce GTX 460 Goes Like Hell by downloading the latest drivers from nVidia, they didn't work.
I had to go back to Gainward and take the latest drivers there (of course aren't the latest nVidia) and they worked well.

I would suggest you not to install the "latest" drivers since you won't gain too much benefits unless you're enrolled in a game race show.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/344037-nvidia-drivers-again.html
Relevancy 46.87%

New driver stopped cod4 telling me i had new hardware installed & revert to optimal settings. Did anyone experience this with the previous drivers or am i the only one?

A:New Nvidia 175.16 drivers

That's normal with some games. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion does the same thing sometimes.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/153602-new-nvidia-175-16-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Anyone know when the knew Nvidia drivers will be coming out, and what improvments will they be giving to world of gaming and 3D animators? Any Info would be great :giddy:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-nvidia-drivers.24301/
Relevancy 46.87%

anybody know how to remove nvidia drivers in W7?

changed video cards fron 8800gt to 9800gt and can't remove old drivers. w7 keeps replacing them after reboot.

A:nvidia drivers will not go

ok, all is well...disregard post.

a little more putzing around with driversweeper did it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nvidia-drivers-will-not-go-448550.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey all: Nvidia has just posted (well at least recently) new forceware (video) and nforce (chipset) drivers for my 7950 video card and 650 sli mobo. The chipset drivers have not been updated since January so this may help those with driver issues.

I have both packages installed and so far no issues. If you run Windows update it will report a new sata controller driver which is dated 7/2/2007. Not sure why it does this, but the driver appears to be the same.

FWIW, sandra benchmarks increased dramatically for my sata 2 seagate drive. Before it would benchmark out no better than a sata 1 drive. Now it holds it own against sata 2 benchmarks. Have not seen any real-world speed increases.

Chris

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/81087-new-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have rently re-installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

In the device manager I get the yellow caution for a coprocessor;

Hardware IDs
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DA&SUBSYS_75041462&REV_A2
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DA&SUBSYS_75041462
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DA&CC_0B4000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_07DA&CC_0B40

After some searching I find out that the closest I can find: Here
However it is a package that contains multiple drivers which include;
NVIDIA Display Driver
NVIDIA SMU Driver
NVIDIA Ethernet Driver
NVIDIA Storage Driver
I already have an NVIDIA Display Driver v335.23, but what I want to know is if I have the right driver and if I need them.
I have another thread about a freezing problem that came up, but I don't think it is relevant however I thought I should link it in case: Here

A:What NVIDIA drivers do I need?

Go to the vendor's website and download the relevant chipset drivers specific to your machine. That should be all you need. The 335.23 drivers are for your GPU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/328888-what-nvidia-drivers-do-i-need.html
Relevancy 46.87%

today i got an nvidia geforce 6600 256mb agp. i installed the drivers needed & noticed there are wmd drivers on the disk. do i need these drivers? i tried installing them & it said this driver has not passed windows driver signing or something like that. i clicked on continue anyway, but it says error(10 or 010). anyone know why? thanks

A:nvidia drivers

The only driver you need and should install is the latest ForceWare driver from nVidia's website. Any drivers shipped on CD's are always out of date. And don't worry about the 'not passed test' message from Windows, it doesn't matter if you're using the official nVidia driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-drivers.493591/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi everyone I just installed the newest Nvidia drivers and I also use coolbit's so I can overide the refresh rate's in game's , the newest drivers wont change the refresh rate in a couple of game I play like Tiger woods 2006 and gta sa. So I went back to 81.98 forceware driver's and everything works.

Was wondering if there is a fix for these newer driver's ?

A:Nvidia drivers

Hi Derrick

I dont have a fix for you but it has been my experience with Nvidias drivers that new is not always the best, I only have a geforce fx 5500 card and I am using a driver that is about 18 months old, if I update to newest to the driver, the display is very flickery and not as good,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-drivers.460428/