Windows Support Forum

Why there is no drivers for windows 8.1 HP 15-ac189tu

Q: Why there is no drivers for windows 8.1 HP 15-ac189tu

There are windows 7 driver but not for windows 8.1 .Please help me a solution to found out audio driver

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why there is no drivers for windows 8.1 HP 15-ac189tu

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Why there is no drivers for windows 8.1 HP 15-ac189tu

Hi: You should be able to use all of the W8.1 drivers and software from the 15t-ac000 on your notebook, except the BIOS and firmware files. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac000-Notebook-PC-series/7771404/model/8381866 This is a peer to peer forum, so none of us can answer why HP didn't support that model for W8.1. If you want to ask HP why they didn't, you can try at the link below... https://ssl.www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/connect-with-hp.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Why-there-is-no-drivers-for-windows-8-1-HP-15-ac189tu/td-p/5854683
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello!I recently bought a Dell Inspiron 15r Special Edition with Windows 8 as it's default operating system. Since I don't like it that much, I plan to format the hard drive (by going into computer-> Right click on C: -> Format) and then to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium on it.After the clean installation procedure, I was wondering if I could simply insert the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc into the optical drive and intall the drivers like I would normally do.Therefore, the real question would be: Will the Windows 8 drivers provided by Dell be compatible with Windows 7?Thank you very much everyone.FatLord

A:Planning to downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7. Will the drivers provided on my Dell "Drivers and Utilities" be comp...

I did find this one "Inspiron 15R SE 7520" If that is your model then the Dell website has Windows 7 64bit drivers and Windows 8 64 bit drivers available for download.

I would use the Windows 7 Drivers for windows 7, Just download them ahead of time and burn them to a CD or store on a flash drive so you will have them handy to use.

I would also have my Antivirus ready to install before I went on the Internet.

3rd point. Windows will prevent you from formatting the drive it is installed on. So you have to do it during the install process.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479812/planning-to-downgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-7-will-the-drivers-provided-on-my-dell-drivers-and-utilities-be-compatible/
Relevancy 39.56%

I had to reinstall windows Vista Business on an Acer Aspire AX1200-U1640A 2GB install went well but when I tried to set up my internet, wireless did not show, I called my internet provider we tried to set it up as broadband but that didn't work either. It seems I do not have the drivers for the Ethernet Controller and other things listed under other devices see pictures in attached document. Since I do not have the internet on that computer, I downloaded the Ethernet driver from Acer to a jump drive but I cannot get it to work. Please advise for all "other devices" with the same problem. Oh, yes the Ethernet cord is plugged in and my laptop has wifi. Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Windows Vista reinstall other devices locked, no drivers cannot load drivers

Hi go to acer support page and download and install the chipset driver then try the lan driver

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-windows-vista-reinstall-other-devices-locked-no-drivers-cannot-load-drivers-1002834.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi,
I came across an issue that I find confusing. Whilst trying to install a software to run a mobile USB flash modem, the software pops this message:

your current device installation settings is configured to prefer drivers from Windows Update over locally installed
drivers. This can cause Unlimited data Manager not to work correctly.

do you want to change the settings to prefer locally installed drivers over Windows Update?

What does it imply if I change my settings to prefer locally installed drivers over windows update drivers?
And can this action be undone and where/how? (I searched my machine but didn't find where this option is)

Thank you for reading

A:Device Installation Settings, windows update drivers VS locally installed drivers

Control Panel (icon view)>System>Advanced System Settings>Hardware Tab>Device Installation Settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-installation-settings-windows-update-drivers-vs-locally-installed-drivers.924755/
Relevancy 39.13%

Greetings This is a general question for a fresh install of Windows on a computer Let's say we just completed the installation and we open up Device Manager we haven't used Windows Update yet Device Manager shows us that there are - let's say quot quot - devices that do not have drivers installed for them If we visit the computer manufacturers website though they'll have - let's say quot quot Windows Installed OEM - General Website Drivers Question Vs Drivers - different drivers to download If we only install the quot quot drivers for the devices that Windows couldn't find drivers for are we hurting our computing performance by not installing the other quot quot drivers that were available on the manufacturers website This is just good to know in general because I've faced this situation with every install of Windows since I began computing General Question - Windows Installed Drivers Vs OEM Website Drivers with Windows But the reason I'm asking now is because the nincompoops at Acer - despite me entering my serial number - still offer me every possible driver for my model including drivers for hardware that's not in my computer Windows - of course - can't identify the hardware so I'm ready to rip out the last little bit of hair on my head Thanks

A:General Question - Windows Installed Drivers Vs OEM Website Drivers

Some manufacturers offer an utility that helps you identify what stuff you have in the laptop, I think Acer did.
You can also try the hardware-detection program this forum has, this tutorial

Also check the driver version, as some manufacturer list multiple driver versions and you only need the latest (usually, otherwise take the last version that works).

Also, installers of these drivers usually look up the hardware IDs of the hardware and if they don't detect anything that could benefit from them will abort installation. Some instead install anyway and you will have some drivers you won't need, but won't cause any issue as again Win7 knows that they don't match any hardware ID, and will leave them alone.

So, you may have noticed that I am talking of Hardware IDs, that are basically each device's own "calling card" integrated in each device, you can identify the hardware by looking up its hardware ID and then searching it on Google to convert that code into a human-readable device model and brand.

Open device manager, right-click on an unknown device, click on "properties", then go in the "details" tab of its properties panel from Device Manager, click on the drop-down menu and select "Hardware IDs". right-click on the codes you get on the text panel below it and select copy, then search the code on Google to identify the device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/294054-general-question-windows-installed-drivers-vs-oem-website-drivers.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I contacted SONY and they told me that they did not have the drivers for this Hardware. They told me I needed a WINDOWS driver. My operating system is Windows 98. Help

A:Not Going to Sleep Until Find Drivers..Need Windows Drivers SONY CD-R/RW CRX140E

You already posted this same question in hardware.
Keep it to one thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-going-to-sleep-until-find-drivers-need-windows-drivers-sony-cd-r-rw-crx140e.333488/
Relevancy 39.13%

Yesterday I had the Windows defender virus on my Desktop computer I read things online and most places were saying to use rKill ComboFix and Malwarebytes So etc. Windows Had no drivers, the Defender audio Network virus. drivers, Now I followed everything and then the virus was removed I believe Less than an hour later a Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc. friend of mine went to a website which I believe got me a Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc. virus Ever since then when my computer boots up the task bar at the bottom of the screen is grey and plain looks like a task bar from Windows XP maybe it says that my Audio service is not running and I do not even have the bars that show my Wifi signal I'm assuming that I am missing the driver now I do not know if ComboFix is what did this or if I have another virus but I have become so frustrated with this that I figured I would ask for help I'm running a Gateway DX Windows and a wireless internet card If ANY other information is needed then I will be more than happy to give it

A:Had the Windows Defender virus. Now no Network drivers, audio drivers, etc.

Welcome aboard  Since you ran Combofix on your own... Please follow the instructions in THIS GUIDE starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE. Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506483/had-the-windows-defender-virus-now-no-network-drivers-audio-drivers-etc/
Relevancy 39.13%

To my knowledge, when an OS such as Windows 8.1 is booted, all firmware/bios drivers are replaced by more appropriate OS drivers in the boot drive during start up. I learnt this happens for the latest versions of Windows. Am I right? Do all bios drivers get replaced? Does this happen with the latest versions of OS X as well?

If this is so, then you can discard firmware as suspected of causing problems on a computer that's already booted up. Unless there's a problem that's causing a driver to remain in RAM after boot.

A:Does firmware drivers get completely replaced by OS drivers after boot in OS X and Windows?

No...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-firmware-drivers-get-completely-replaced-by-os-drivers-after-boot-in-os-x-and-windows.217874/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am trying to install some widcomm bluetooth drivers but everytime I plug in the usb adapter windows install it's own drivers. I tried manually updating the drivers from device manager but it doesn't allow it.
Is ther a way to stop windows from installing the drivers to begin with?

A:Trying to install widcomm drivers. Getting overrun by windows drivers

First. Do not connect the usb device.

Install the drivers for the device, and only connect the device when either prompted to do so, or after the installation is complete.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-widcomm-drivers-getting-overrun-by-windows-drivers.33611/
Relevancy 38.27%

Just in the process of reinstalling my Win7 OS. I have an ATI Radeon HD5750 Graphics Card and when Windows was installing I noticed that it installed drivers for the graphic card. In my previous install I had the Catalyst Control Centre installed but never ever used it for anything that I know of. So my question is, do I need to install the CCC package from the ATI site or are the windows installed drivers just as good. On a similar tack without starting a new thread. Do I need to reinstall the chipset drivers for my Gigabyte MA770T-UD3 Motherboard or are they still installed?.

A:Windows 7 drivers or ATI graphic card drivers?.

If you have an ATI graphics card/chip...some say that you don't need to install CCC.

I have a history of ATI cards/chipsets and I always install the full package because the card/chip works properly and I don't care about the fact that I don't ever use CCC.

Any drivers installed by Windows by default will work...but for optimum use of the graphics function, you probably need to install the drivers provided by the system or motherboard manufacturer.

Anytime an O/S is reinstalled...all previous system files are flushed.  Of course, a clean install fllushes everything.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529577/windows-7-drivers-or-ati-graphic-card-drivers/
Relevancy 38.27%

I've just updated my Acer Notebook to Windows 7. I've installed all the drivers that Acer supplies for Windows 7.

But what about the drivers that are not supplied? Should I install the ones that Acer supplies for Vista or stick with the 'pre-installed' drivers by Windows 7 ... Everything seems to work with the pre-installed ones.

And how do I check wether or not the Intel Turbo Memory is working correctly?

A:Windows 7-drivers or Vista-drivers by Acer

I can only reply to the first question. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Is what I'd suggest. On the second we'll have to have someone more familiar with intel turbo memory. Try Google I did and found a lot of interesting articles on turbo memory. You can draw your own conclusions as to it's effectiveness. Fabe http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...oc.aspx?i=3009

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34238-windows-7-drivers-vista-drivers-acer.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I recently upgraded this old Dell M Vista x laptop to Windows Enterprise x Apparently the sound company for it Sigmatel went out of business before Windows was even released and their latest drivers are some ancient Vista drivers Should I download and install the Sigmatel drivers or continue to use the drivers that come with Windows They seem to be fine so far just seeing if there's any Windows old drivers the download or drivers? the I keep Should other input on this Do you think that the Windows drivers would probably be better based on Should I download the old drivers or keep the Windows drivers? the fact that they're much newer and made to run in regardless of the fact that it wasn't made for my system specifically All I've ever really cared about is what has the best maximum output levels I really hate sound drivers that are very limited in how loud you can make them output My old laptop this M is actually better than my current Origin beast laptop in terms of sound because the sound driver on my new laptop Realtek doesn't allow very much loudness at all on a set of headphones The only reason I ever liked the Sigmatel drivers is because they let you turn up the volume until it's so loud it could blow your ears and your speakers out Or perhaps it's hardware and has nothing to do with the drivers I dunno I'm too stupid Point is drivers that came with my system that aren't designed to work with this OS or go with the Win default drivers

A:Should I download the old drivers or keep the Windows drivers?

There is a saying, "if it's not broke, don't fix it" so I would stick with the working one. You could save the old driver as a backup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/286987-should-i-download-old-drivers-keep-windows-drivers.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Have one question, When I installed Windows 7 the only drivers I have installed were my video and audio which are not part of the motherboard (not onboard). My computer runs fine but 1 game but more or less I never installed any driver for my motherboard. Normally you install the motherboards nforce drivers, raid SATA/IDE drivers etc... Do I need to go back to my motherboard vendor and find updates for windows 7 or just leave it they way it is, or should I install the drivers off the motherboard CD I have here? My mobo doesn't have any windows 7 updates btw there all windowsXP based drivers.

A:windows drivers vs vendor drivers

If you did a boot drive format and install of Win7 you'll need to go to the mobo makers website and download the latest drivers from there. You might also need a BIOS flash, but I hesitate to mention that as only the very experienced should do it. We'll need full system specs to help any further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/38823-windows-drivers-vs-vendor-drivers.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Open question, discussion, and somewhat of a problem.

I've recently been having various issues with my pc, among the things I tried to do was update my graphics card driver: found the newest driver crashed madly, and rolled back. It's brought to mind a simple question:

What benefits are there in going for the newer ATI Catalyst drivers compared to the one defaulted by windows but which hasn't updated in 3 years.

Generally what could have changed? Compatablity? If it works it works. Stablity? Performance? Heat management?

Since it takes me 2 hours to download a driver (slow connection) I'm sticking on my w7 default ones: I know they work. It does make me ask though if there is a benefit to upgading after i've got my PC stable again.

A:Windows Drivers vs ATI Catalyst Drivers

newer drivers are made to improve performance and add new features in the graphic control panel and fixes bugs and issues that were in the previous drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/227380-windows-drivers-vs-ati-catalyst-drivers.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I was actually getting ready to post here about my x problem but reading other posts realized that my motherboard drivers were freakishly out of date versions forgot about them last time I was installing a system I dled all new ones installed them all performed a restart and then used newly installed ASUS Suite to update my BIOS Not sure if that's relevant but after that last successful startup there was a bunch on popups asking for promision to launch several application related to the driver update I imagine I agreed to all of those and nothing beyond that happened I did not restart computer again before performing BIOS upgrade BIOS itself seems to work just fine When I attempted to start system with new BIOS my computer restarts about Drivers" Windows install to option. drivers How Recovery "Load using sec after starting animation begins I can only launch it in quot Startup Repair quot mode and it communicates that automatic repair was impossible For those reasons i can't provide that archive with dumps and whatnot Safe Mode isn't working either I'll rewrite problem signature quot System Repair quot provided Problem Event How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option. Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature unknown AutoFailover BadDriver OS Version Locale ID Forgive me shitty formatting but am on the phone right now

A:How to install drivers using Windows Recovery "Load Drivers" option.

See if you can do a system restore from boot (option two here - System Restore )

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/365501-how-install-drivers-using-windows-recovery-load-drivers-option.html
Relevancy 36.12%

CD drive (D:) on my system doesn?t even exist, I have one DVD drive player and one DVD/CD burner named (F:) and (N:). When trying to manage drive letters in control panel under administrative tools disk management CD drive (D:) does not even show up, I usually have this letter reserved for an external hard drive, now none of my short cuts icons etc will work because I cannot change this letter back. The actual name of this mysterious drive in device manager is WDC WD3000JS-60PDB0, the drivers it uses is C:\windows\system32\Drivers\disk.sys and C:\windows\system32\drivers\PartMgr.sys any ideas on how to remove this. Thanks.

A:C:\windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys And C:\windows\system32\drivers\partmgr.sys

Well...you should use Disk Management to change drive letters...with the understanding that you cannot assign a letter that is already taken by any drive attached...until you change that drive's letter .This explains it better, Hard Drive Letter Assignments - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...844&sd=tech Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153003/cwindowssystem32driversdisksys-and-cwindowssystem32driverspartmgrsys/
Relevancy 36.12%

Today I turned on my computer and a message from AVAST said that the file C Windows System Drivers szkimzl sys and C WINDOWS and C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atapi.sys C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\szkimzl.sys system drivers atapi sys was infected So I pressed 'delete' and I turned on my internet which was working fine the other day C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\szkimzl.sys and C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atapi.sys and it wouldn't work I thought it might have been firefox but I tried IE Chrome and Opera none of the worked I have three other computers which are all on the same modem and they all work fine DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by HP Administrator at on Sat Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning disabled Outdated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Outdated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW Norton Internet Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld-nt exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www comcast net uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyServer http BHO d -ce - - - d d a e - c windows system awttSlmm dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - No File TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun SUPERAntiSpyware c program files superantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun ftutil rundll exe ftutil dll SetWriteCacheMode mRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exe mRun AlwaysReady Power Message APP ARPWRMSG EXE dRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe dRun vmamyovr c windows system config systemprofile local settings application data jaahjq nnitsysguard exe dRun ygua e yhuiesfha yfauy fe c windows temp ma xj exe dPolicies-explorer NoFolderOptions x dPolicies-system DisableRegistryTools x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE Save YouTube Video IE Save YouTube Video as MP IE E D D B- - a -B F- D D C - c windows pchealth helpctr vendors cn hewlett-packard l cupertino s ca c us iebutton support htm IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - c progra micros office ONBttnIE dll IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF ECD A- D - AF -BA A- F B D - hxxp xiah gamescampus com luncher GamesC... Read more

A:C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\szkimzl.sys and C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atapi.sys

Hello iJoe,

Is there any reason you ran RootRepeal instead of gmer? I'd prefer a log from gmer as outlined in our pre-posting topic.

Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here. Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.

Click the image to enlarge it

In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ... Sections
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)

Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

Please attach the ark.txt in your next reply

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/c-windows-system32-drivers-szkimzl-sys-and-c-windows-system32-drivers-atapi-sys-452479.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I just did a clean install of windows 7 x64 and have a question about drivers. There are so many choices and its not always clear which drivers are the best.
Is it better to use Windows / Windows Update drivers, or perhaps drivers from ASUS website. My concerns are Nvidia and nforce drivers and which ones do you guys recomend.
Also as far as my TV Card and bluetooth dongle, should I stick with Windows update or should I go with each individual component driver. Also latest hauppage tv card driver on hauppage site says its WHQL but then windows update hauppage driver is one release behind?
All I want is for my computer to be stable at least for the summer.

A:Windows drivers vs OEM drivers

It's best to use those from the ASUS website. And if you know which card you have, it's even better to get them from the Nvidia/ATi website. You grab the latest drivers and that's it.

As for other, non-essential peripherals, Windows Update drivers are fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/92917-windows-drivers-vs-oem-drivers.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I am running windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and i installed avg internet security 9.0. i found this threat in my computer

\"C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\drivers\\atapi.sys\";\"Tr ojan horse Rootkit-Pakes.U\";\"Object is white-listed (critical/system file that should not be removed)\".

I try to use malwarebytes and is says its clean.. but when i scan with virustotal.com, it detects a trojan... they say that this site can help me fix my problem. i don't now how to remove the trojan....

hope you can HELP me...

thanks....

A:Windows 7 Trojan horse Rootkit-Pakes.U C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atapi.sys

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new thread, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-7-trojan-horse-rootkit-pakes-u-c-windows-system32-drivers-atapi-sys-450979.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I get this error over 8(R) stopped.. Intel for Drivers Windows 10: Graphics driver Display windows HD times a day display driver stopped responding and has recovered Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for windows reg stopped responding and has successfully recovered Usually this happens when using firefox and gives me a black firefox window Usually I can hit F to go full screen and back to restore everything to functioning However sometimes firefox locks up and other times without any error at all my Windows 10: Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for windows 8(R) stopped.. mouse gets slow and then the whole computer locks up requiring a hard reset Windows Home x Acer Aspire VN - G Bios v Core i - HQ GB Ram Intel HD Graphics also Nvidia GeForce GTX M but I don't think it is Windows 10: Display driver Intel HD Graphics Drivers for windows 8(R) stopped.. ever active My laptop is an I updated to windows immediately when purchasing this laptop Apparently Acer has a special intel graphics driver when I tried to update to the newest generic Intel driver I got the message that I have to use the driver Acer customized for my laptop I can't use the OEM I would be grateful for any knowledgeable advice

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606911/windows-10-display-driver-intel-hd-graphics-drivers-for-windows-8r-stopped/
Relevancy 32.68%

I just did a factory reset on my computer Ive been trying to get Windows Update to work but it keeps saying Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer Ive restarted it and nothing I tried to do a clean boot and (This may or SoS... is more. Drivers, and Tools) Trouble may belong It, Update, Shooting, not Windows Fix Windows didnt help Ive SoS... Windows Update, Trouble Shooting, Fix It, Drivers, and more. (This may or may not belong is Windows Tools) gone into the command prompt and type net stop something and that didnt help either After that I tried to start trouble shooting the problem and it wont let Also tried this https support microsoft com en-us mats windows update en but is says Troubleshooting cannot proceed The troubleshooter has experienced and SoS... Windows Update, Trouble Shooting, Fix It, Drivers, and more. (This may or may not belong is Windows Tools) unexpected error and cannot SoS... Windows Update, Trouble Shooting, Fix It, Drivers, and more. (This may or may not belong is Windows Tools) continue Another thing was trying to update my intel driver Went here https downloadcenter intel com and clicked update drivers http www intel com p en US support detect iid dc iduu Then it says We're sorry this page is temporarily unavailable Error We are working to reconnect you as soon as possible Please try again in a moment But when I use http www isitdownrightnow com and it says that's its fine but most likely not working for me Another thing is my Windows Defender isnt working either Lastly I did some kind of scan thing in my cmd about a CBS log It scan and said some files are corrupt and go to CBS log I have the log but doesnt look like I can base the Text Document in here for people to download Ill post it next because of how long it is Doesnt look like I can copy and paste it due to it being waaaaaay to big Also could upgrading to windows help fix it Im currently running windows

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3aa47e42-9d35-458b-858e-d0283cfa0a73/sos-windows-update-trouble-shooting-fix-it-drivers-and-more-this-may-or-may-not-belong-is?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 32.68%

Hp Pavilion -b w All-In-One Original OS Windows x Upgraded to Windows x but I do have a folder Program Files x Infection date Errors Fix Windows & Ads Drivers Windows of Banner Detection False Update and initial symptoms I think this started in False Detection Banner Ads of Fix Windows Errors & Update Windows Drivers February My computer was infected I hard a very hard time getting rid of it so i decided to nuke it I did a recovery with the HP recovery set and then did a reset for extra reformatting After that I did all updates for windows upgraded again to more updates everything worked fine until I opened Microsoft Solitaire Collection When I signed back into the app the option to sync all False Detection Banner Ads of Fix Windows Errors & Update Windows Drivers my other apps popped-up When I clicked yes I thought it meant I wouldn't have to log into all my Xbox for PC False Detection Banner Ads of Fix Windows Errors & Update Windows Drivers apps individually and it would keep me logged in I was wrong it brought back and replaced almost everything I had on computer before the recovery and reset Things like my desktop background and my favorites list in internet explorer and who knows what else Then in the beginning of March I reinstalled Magic Puzzles app from the Windows Store App and one day I got a pop-up window stating my flash player is out of date click here to update I closed the app through task manager because I know click windows like that closed can trigger a download Unfortunately the third I got annoyed and clicked it closed I never got the pop-up again but I started getting 'fix windows errors' or 'scan to fix windows errors then 'you have message' then 'click to update your windows drivers' The variety and quantity of these banner ads keeps increasing and legitimate ads are appearing less The other free apps I have don't show these banner ads they don't show any ads the space is white and the commercials that are suppose to play in my Xbox for PC games don't load It's like the fake ads have taken over the ad permissions in my apps Current issues and symptoms The problems I'm having with my computer are a It takes longer to boot along with apps IE and websites take longer to boot b Some images on webpages don't load they show a box with an x in it c The logo image on some of the icons in IE favorites list are slowly disappearing and being replaced with the IE logo d Buffer overflow when trying to access Microsft's virus and malware protection site and Saftey scanner page Links to pages don't exist or can't be found I was given this link by advisor Broni when I clicked it I got 'page not found' if you click it and get access to this page then for sure something is messing with my computer Windows users Reset IE manually https support microsoft com kb wa wsignin If you would like to see what we worked on here is the link to that am I infected post http www bleepingcomputer com forums t possible-rogue-malware e I have recieved the following error message twice once when I clicked the back button while on this site and the other when I refreshed a page on this site An error occured with the SQL server This is not a problem with the IPS Community Suite but rather with your SQL server Please contact your host and copy the message shown above www bleepingcomputer com Driver Server Level Error That error message happened after I started seeing Update Your Windows Drivers banner ads f Problems with vidoes on youtube and then I get a pop-up banner to click and find out why the video is messing up I didn't click it Also some videos had poorly loaded ads on the flash player screen like the outline of overlapped boxes g Wireless mouse connection problems lagging cursor when there is no over resource use by a process in task manager and process explorer h Sometimes the computer comes out of sleep right after I put it to sleep and i didn't touch anything i Websites stop responding frequently j Sound problems s... Read more

A:False Detection Banner Ads of Fix Windows Errors & Update Windows Drivers

I'm sorry about the mess I made yesterday when I posted 6 threads of the same topic, I only meant to post one. What happened is, when I clicked the post button it took a long time to load or transfer me back to the virus, trojan, spyware, and malware removal logs page and show I posted successfully. Instead I was redirected to an error page, so I tried it again, again, with and without attachments. When I gave up and went back to the  virus, trojan, spyware, and malware removal logs page, that's when I saw all my attempts did go through. I've been getting a lot of redirects to error pages, sql errors, and denied access of select Microsoft pages that are about malware and viruses. Below this I'm attaching screen shots of the error page I was redirected to, along with the fake 'fix window's errors' banner ads I'm seeing in my game app and found their location in appdata, I'm not attaching the actual image file it's the screen shot I took of inside the app. I've also noticed something odd when I open the properties of some of the apps in appdata, I swear I see the display change when I click on the security tab. It's like there's a red mark of some kind next to a group user name but then it's gone, it' happens so fast all I see is a flash of red and I get the same thing when I open system32 folder. I see a glimpse of a view yellow folders and below them 2 files @OpenWithToastLogo.png and @TileEmpty1x1Image.png that have a floral image on the icons and then some DLLs but in a flash the display changes to a long line of folders and the floral icons are moved further down the page. I hope I explained that right, it's the type of thing that makes you feel like your crazy because it happens so fast. I can't see any words or shapes, only colors that are there and in a flash they're gone. Another thing that's odd and messing with me is my recent look at the files in system32\drivers, I don't remember seeing so many blue font files. And am I correct that blue font means packed or compressed?

error1.PNG   8.29KB
  0 downloads                                                                             
 error2.PNG   5.47KB
  0 downloads 

TopPg1.PNG   133.79KB
  0 downloads

Bottom.PNG   32.03KB
  0 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610328/false-detection-banner-ads-of-fix-windows-errors-update-windows-drivers/
Relevancy 32.68%

So I downgraded from Vista to Xp home basic because I didn't like the way vista worked. Unfortunately something went wrong when I used my Xp boot disc and now I am missing the following devices:
Ethernet Controller
PCI Device
PCI Simple Communications Controller
SM Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

Please help if you can, I have looked through countless forums and downloaded about 20 files already and I still haven't fixed anything.

A:Downgraded from Windows Vista to Windows XP Home Basic now I have missing drivers

First thing that needs to be clarified here, when you say "now I'm missing the following" what type of missing are we talking about here? Are the devices and such present inside your device manager and all that is missing here is their drivers? Or when you open up the device manager, all the above and stated hardware is gone? If this is a driver issue the fix or fixes could be relatively manageable. But if this is a case that nothing is there and indeed these devices aren't showing up with anything inside Windows, but you know they are there and still nothing, that might be a manageable thing to deal with, with the end result being perhaps a wipe of the disk and starting over from scratch. Maybe Windows didn't find these items when it was being installed for whatever reason or reasons. If you decide to install the O.S. again, I would first go into your computers BIOS and just with your own eye's, confirm the presence of these items, for if they are in BIOS and register fine, than they should translate over to Windows being able to find them as well. And while you are inside BIOS, doesn't hurt to make sure that nothing is switched off, just make sure all these items your talking about are activated or just active through BIOS and you should be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/downgraded-from-windows-vista-to-windows-xp-home-basic-now-i-have-missing-drivers.180601/
Relevancy 32.68%

Recently got this error and re-installed Windows After downloading some of the updates not all at once or anything like that but I think a of them and installing the updates I restarted and the computer froze while updating windows I decided to go to work and leave it like that in case it was just taking longer or something like that but when I came home it was still at the same screen After restarting it I tried to restore it to a previous point before Update Windows Startup Drivers error 7 Offline after Windows No the updates but that didnt work and finally was forced into system repair which tried several times but never succeeded until finally it threw this error I googled the error and was brought here I downloaded and ran Farbar System Recovery Tool x and ran the scan and saved the log I've uploaded the log file instead of Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update copying it into the window and making it the post a mile long Please help me out on what to do next and whats going on with my laptop I've had to borrow my mom's to repair mine after relying on it when my desktop's mobo finally went out and I use my laptop for work and scheduling Mod Edit Removed FRST log attachment not allowed or Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update used in this forum seemingly not applicable to problem - Hamluis Thanks in advance for any help guys

A:Windows 7 Startup Offline No Drivers error after Windows Update

I don't understand why a mod removed my FRST log attachment when all the posts on this forum requested logs be posted to determine more about the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496089/windows-7-startup-offline-no-drivers-error-after-windows-update/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello,
I have a computer on Windows 7- 64bits and my print server is on Windows 2003 Server 32bits.
How can i install the driver of Windows 7-64 bits on my Windows Server 2003 print server?
Thank you for your help.

A:Print Drivers for Windows 7 64bits on Windows Server 2003.

No, but you can install Windows 2003 64 bit drivers on the server. You will need to install the Windows 7 64 bit equivalent of the driver on your PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/271098-print-drivers-windows-7-64bits-windows-server-2003-a.html
Relevancy 32.68%

If some one could help me please I would really appreciate it I have my logs you requested right here in the attached zip folder My computer apparently has a trjan and I would really like to remove it Please help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by James at on Thu Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe How to 7 WIndows C:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys remove Trojan C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys Trojan WIndows 7 How to remove C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv C:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys Trojan WIndows 7 How to remove exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys Trojan WIndows 7 How to remove C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgam exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgrSub exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Care VCsystray exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files DisplayLink Core Software DisplayLinkUI exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Windows system conhost exe C Users James AppData Local Apps MH QVRYR R A KG X ZJZ HTZ curs tion eee a d CurseClient exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VUAgent exe C Users James AppData Local Temp Zgc exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users James Downloads dds scr C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll mURLSearchHooks AIM Toolbar Search Class f - dc - -bc - e fefafe - c program files aim toolbar aimtb dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg ... Read more

A:C:\windows\system32\drivers\atapi.sys Trojan WIndows 7 How to remove

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

I see no evidence of the "atapi" infection. What led you to that conclusion? Is your browser being redirected? You are infected though.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Due to the restrictions on Windows 7, all tools should be started by right-click > Run as Administrator

If you click 'Start' and have no 'Run' function, please right-click Start > Properties > Start menu tab > Customize button > and tick the 'Display Run' or 'Run command' box > OK > OK.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/c-windows-system32-drivers-atapi-sys-trojan-windows-7-how-to-remove-456801.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello There are numerous threads with the same issue online but none of the solutions have worked for me so I'm posting my own I did contact Microsoft and Lenovo but Lenovo is asking for money that I can't afford for tech support so I'm hoping someone here can help me out Here's the situation I have a Lenovo Y P that came with Windows Half a year later I'm sick of and want to downgrade to Windows I know that simulation 8.1 downgrade Windows drivers ins device -> found' 7 Windows 'No error softwares 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins like ClassicShell and such exist but I would really rather just use Windows I downloaded a legitimate copy of Windows Ultimate -bit and burned it onto a DVD disk I also downloaded all of the Windows device drivers from this Lenovo site Laptops and netbooks IdeaPad Y Series laptops IdeaPad Y p Notebook - Lenovo Support US I had to specify the model number and 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins OS so I'm hoping I downloaded the correct drivers all of the drivers are exe format is that what it's supposed to look like I put all of the drivers onto a flash drive So I am now equipped with a DVD with Windows on it as well as a flash drive with 'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins all of the drivers on it I boot from the disk with the DVD and flash drive attached Windows installation begins and here I get the error 'no device drivers found ' When I click 'browse' I see that the flash drive is recognized but the files on it aren't What do you guys think the issue is Best anon

A:'No device drivers found' error Windows 8.1 -> Windows 7 downgrade ins

Why would you do all that? Win7 is a driver-complete OS in the installer and via Windows Updates after install. Providing a bunch of drivers is from the XP era.

You only need the wireless driver in your backup so if it isn't provided during reinstall, you can install it to get online, enable Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3), then run all Important and Optional Windows Updates which should deliver most drivers. I would only import drivers still missing after all rounds of Windows Update are finished.

For a Win8 PC there are special steps that must be taken to disable Secure Boot and enable CSM or Legacy BIOS to Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7. Then when you boot the installer to do the Clean Install Windows 7 delete all partitions using the Drive Options shown in Steps 7 and 8, create and format new as you wish, install to first partition.

Other tips to get and keep a perfect Win7 install are same as for Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/342475-no-device-drivers-found-error-windows-8-1-windows-7-downgrade-ins.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question, but I'm hopeful.

What I hope to achieve is a fresh installation of Win 7, and all of the necessary hardware drivers for any particular model of laptop, leaving the computer completely ready for a new user.  When the new user first turns the machine on it should state that "Setup is preparing the computer for first use" and then prompt the new user for setup information.  In other words I want to install Windows and the drivers and then leave the computer without an established user profile or other setup information (ie - keyboard layout, time zone, etc.).

Does anyone around here have any idea how I would go about accomplishing this?  Thanks so much in advance!  :-)

A:Installing Windows AND H/W drivers leaving Windows rdy 4 setup by first user

How many models are we talking about?

I'd recommend searching windows 7 unattended install to start with.  You will need to included all of the necessary drivers for all of the machines you want to use this on, hence the question of how many.  I will tell you that 10 machines or so will require at least 15GB of space for the install.  The more machines the more space you will need to store the install.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516366/installing-windows-and-hw-drivers-leaving-windows-rdy-4-setup-by-first-user/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey guys, I have wireless Bluetooth headphones from Koss, they are BT 540i model. They pair and everything but I cannot get sound out of them. I noticed on my other PC, the Windows Device installer in the task bar will download the drivers for the device. For some reason it is not doing this. Anyway to get them manually? I didn't find anything on Koss's site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/392705-koss-bt540i-pairs-windows-but-no-drivers-install-windows-up.html
Relevancy 32.25%

hello im new on this forum and windows bsod::cant 7 windows with start (graphic)drivers im not sure where to post this next problem if this is the wrong section then please windows 7 bsod::cant start windows with (graphic)drivers move it and inform me i started to have a problem with my graphics drivers a week ago when my computer crashed when i tried to restart in safe mode it had gray horizontal lines and distorted colors in safe mode when i tried to start up windows again it still had those distortions and after the windows logo screen it crashed with a blue windows 7 bsod::cant start windows with (graphic)drivers screen with these being associated x atikmpag sys i turned off my computer that night and went to sleep the next morning i turned it on and the horizontal distortions were gone but it still crashed when i tried to start up what i did was delete atikmpag sys from safe mode and then windows worked only without graphic drivers of course at that point i started reading googling etc and came to the conclusion that i had a TDR failure or something i followed a lot of tips and threads for days trying to fix it from driversweeping all my drivers and installing new old medium drivers everything sometimes the error was even atikmdag sys instead of atikmpag sys but the only way ive been using windows is with those two files deleted now i dont do a lot on this computer but this is getting a nuisance and before im running off to get a new graphic card i would like to know if this forum knows any way i can fix this problem im looking forward for feedback thanks anyone who can help me

A:windows 7 bsod::cant start windows with (graphic)drivers

What graphic card? And did it happen after you did something like upgrading the computer to Windows 7?... Because maybe there is no drivers for Windows 7 for that graphic card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-7-bsod-cant-start-windows-with-graphic-drivers-684356.html
Relevancy 32.25%

When I start cannot Windows find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe up Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe my computer this message 'Windows cannot find 'C WINDOWS system drivers ntndis exe' Appears I'm not exactly sure what todo or whats going on and I was wondering if I could have some help with this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Chatango Chatango exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files TP-LINK TL-WN G Wireless Utility Installer WINXP TWCU exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System PSIService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Skype Toolbars Shared SkypeNames exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Spotify spotify exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http search shareware pro lang en R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search shareware pro lang en R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Search URL http toolbar ask com toolbarv askR amp gct amp gc amp q R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http toolbar ask com toolbarv askR gct amp gc amp q s R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook no name - C E B- - A - B- B BEFC DB - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS system drivers ntndis exe F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system sdra exe O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run S... Read more

A:Windows cannot find 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntndis.exe

Hi and welcome to TSF.

My name is Iain and I will be helping you clean your system.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix. You should not have any open browsers or live internet connections when you are following the procedures below.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programmes, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so.

You appear to have infections that are often used to steal passwords, log in details etc. If you use any banking sites or other sites where you are required to log in using a password, I would recommend you use a known clean machine to change any passwords.

Combofix
We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

Please read all the information carefully!

You MUST disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications - please read this thread as a guide. They may otherwise interfere with our tools and interrupt the cleansing process.

Please include the log C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/windows-cannot-find-c-windows-system32-drivers-ntndis-exe-417138.html
Relevancy 32.25%

It seems that my battery drivers are missing in my device manager. I see 2 when there show be 3. I tried the Windows Update and HP Update as well butnothing works. My battery is now at 10%. The charging bar onthe battery icon only moves on start up and after sleep mode. Any assistence? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Missing-Windows-Battery-Drivers-in-Windows-10-Enterprise/td-p/5688448
Relevancy 32.25%

Could somebody tell where I can buy the certificate to sign Win7 drivers in now-days?
I've found that it's impossible to install signed driver with sha1 certificate we bought. Even unsigned driver is better - it gives one more warning dialog to user, but installation is possible. We've tried to install updates for Win7, but failed.
Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/267ff252-2a1c-4915-9fcd-f84cabd8efa0/what-certificate-type-i-need-to-sign-drivers-for-windows-7-amp-windows-7-sp1-?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 32.25%

OK! I bought a Japanese laptop with pre-installed Japanese Windows 7.

I have a retail copy of English W7.

I made a copy of the Japanese Windows 7 then wiped and installed my Windows 7. Now, there are problems with the sound when I installed my Windows 7.

Can I do this?: If I put the old Japanese image back, I guess I can get the drivers and download these, put them on a flash drive, then put back my (English) version of W7 and upload the sound drivers right?

This should fix my sound issue right? Reason why is b/c the Japanese windows obviously was checked to work with the chipset etc etc (which is does) so clearly those drivers will work with my English Retail copy of W7!

MY QUESTION!! How do I do the above (if this is correct!!!!)

Thanks as usual you guys are the best on the web for help

A:Can I move Japanese Windows 7 Drivers to Retail Windows 7

You can download the drivers from the OEM manufacturer's website.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/210865-can-i-move-japanese-windows-7-drivers-retail-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello guys Recently I Downgraded from Windows to Windows Ultimate And I lost My Drivers I Googled and Tried everything Possible but I couldn't When I Go to device manager In other devices I see Ether controller network controller PCI simple communications controller SM bus controller Universal serial bus controller and Windows 8.1 Drivers Lost from 7 to Ultimate Windows Downgraded and Unknown Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers Device all have a yellow Warning icon basically I'm using my Father's laptop to post this and I cannot use Internet cable or wifi nor USB and my Laptop Doesn't have the CD thing I'm kinda lost and I have no idea what to do I tried the ''Scan for hardware changes'' but I get the message ''Device Driver software was not successfully Installed'' and ''no Driver found with an X'' Please Help me with this I tried everything I talked to Microsoft Support and HP Support they said Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers to go to HP Center which I don't have that Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers In my City Sorry for my English guy my mother language Is arabic French and I'm really panicking to fix my Laptop Which Is HP Pavilion

A:Downgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 7 Ultimate and Lost Drivers

Hi have you gone to hp support site to see if they have win 7 drivers? What's the full model number of the hp computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/358856-downgraded-windows-8-1-windows-7-ultimate-lost-drivers.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey Guys,
I just built this Computer and I installed Windows 10 on it. I wanted to play a game on it so I wanted to install windows 7 on the hard drive too. And know when the installation finished, none of my drivers from the other os didn't copy to this os. So would I have to re-install the Mobo drivers and my graphics card drivers?
Thanks,
Randy

A:Dual Booting Windows 10 and Windows 7 drivers question

As far as I know you have to install drivers for each OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/397366-dual-booting-windows-10-windows-7-drivers-question.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Which version should I use for the NVIDIA drivers, the Vista version or the 7 version?

A:NVIDIA drivers - Vista drivers or 7 drivers?

Download the windows 7 drivers from nvidia's website, not from Windows update assuming you have win7 installed somewhere as you state your running vistain your profile.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/7784-nvidia-drivers-vista-drivers-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi there,
The following security updates from Microsoft on Windows 8.1 OS are causing freezing issues with our application (pop-ups/ modal dialogs). The application is a .NET 3.5 Windows forms application.
KB Fix - 3168965

KB Fix - 3153199
KB Fix - 3161664

We found that the issue is caused by the security update for kernel mode drivers that are updating the following file - Win32k.sys - Any update to this file on or after May 10, 2016 through Windows Automatic update is causing the problem.

Our clients do not agree to turn off the automatic windows updates.
Is it possible to setup a GPO to change the Windows Update settings for all PCs in the domain to stop all the new updates to the file Win32k.sys?

Is Microsoft aware of this issue & is there a plan to provide a resolution to this issue in terms of a future KB fix?

Thanks & Regards,
Vennila

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5ce54916-6dcb-4a01-bbc8-e676077f2424/security-updates-for-kernel-mode-drivers-on-windows-81-os-causing-our-net-windows-form-application?forum=w8itproinstall
Relevancy 31.82%

I have just done a clean installation of Windows and then the update to Windows from Windows Store After Windows clean install I went to the Dell site and 8.1-drivers Windows Windows to question 8 Updated I installed chipsets and wireless network and nothing else sound was working as well so I didnt install any Audio drivers There were no other errors reported in Device Manager that needed sorting out So those were the only drivers I Updated Windows 8 to Windows 8.1-drivers question installed Then I did all the Windows Updates Following that I went to the Windows Store and installed Windows Ive just checked in Device Manager and there aren't any errors at all so Im wondering if theres no need to Install any Windows drivers apart from obviously I'll update Nvidia Graphics as usual Am I right in thinking if there are no errors in Device Manager theres no need to update to the Windows drivers I know a lot of people say If it isnt broke dont fix it but I would appreciates peoples thoughts experience with this Thanks

A:Updated Windows 8 to Windows 8.1-drivers question

Windows 8 and 8.1 wont require any special driver updates. If updates are required, they will more than likely be available in windows update (besides graphic drivers for special cards)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550390/updated-windows-8-to-windows-81-drivers-question/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have upgraded several PC's to Windows and I am down to my last that are Windows -era machines Two are Win10 SP1 7 Windows Upgrading 10 Windows drivers to without home-built PC's running Windows SP bit and bit In this case the motherboard manufacturers have no windows or drivers So no chipset on-board audio or Ethernet drivers etc The video cards are more current so I can get those The Dell is an older laptop that is running windows SP that I fresh-installed upon receipt Again no Windows drivers or support for that either on the Dell site So quot not certified quot to upgrade to windows I have read both success and failures when trying to just let the upgrade find drivers or just use the old drivers My question is Upgrading Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10 without Win10 drivers if you are an experienced user is there a good possibility of success upgrading this way or is it not worth the hassle Now the hardware will pass the minimum requirements so my fear is someone will just click on the quot upgrade icon quot and it will happen when I am not around anyway Thanks for any thoughts or experiences BJB PS How do you access your quot auto-saved quot posts I lost the whole post while typing and it was quot auto-saved quot but could not see where to access it

A:Upgrading Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10 without Win10 drivers

I would suggest: before you upgrade, make an image of the existing hard drive with Macrium Reflect free. You'll need an external USB hard drive large enough to hold the image which will be about 80-90% in size of the used space on you existing hard drive. Also make a Macrium Reflect free rescue USB flash drive, DVD or CD.

Do the in place upgrade. Personally, almost all of us regular members here prefer to use a Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or DVD created from Media Creation Tool or from an ISO from Microsoft Tech Bench. But you can try the Windows update Get Windows X icon.

After the upgrade, you hopefully will not have any unknown devices or exclamation points in device manager. After the upgrade, I would export the third party drivers using the DISM /Export-Driver command so that you will have them if you decide to do a clean install after the upgrade.

The oldest computer I have upgraded is an Acer Aspire One that originally came with Windows XP from Acer and it is running great on Windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/48851-upgrading-windows-7-sp1-windows-10-without-win10-drivers.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello there!
I got new laptop, HP pavilion x360 (11) and I can't install Windows 7 from USB because during installation I got an error that's saying something like this "you don't have drivers" so... I read on the internet that I need drivers from intel SATA.
I downloaded it, I even gave the folder for it on disk C and even this didn't help, it still wants drivers and I can't install Windows 7.
HP support can't help me.
Maybe you will?
Cheers!

A:Downgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 7 - Drivers error

is this your hp??? if so there are NO win 7 drivers only win 8.1

see here http://support.hp.com/us-en/product...tible-PC-series/6936239/model/7174184/drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/downgrade-from-windows-8-to-windows-7-drivers-error.1143188/
Relevancy 31.82%

So i just clean installed windows 7 so obviously the drivers need to be install manually., however as i install LAN and networking drivers i download from acer's site., it gives me error and failed to install.The LAn realtek gives me error 39 while wireless driver cant be installed (i have downloaded every wireless drivers from acer's site from windows 10 to windows 8.1 and non of them works. Any help? I pretty like windows 7 over 10 and 8.1. And i'm a noob in terms of hardwares.

A:Are drivers of windows 8.1 laptop compatible with windows 7?

Every Windows version has its own drivers.. I mean win8.1 drivers are different from win7 drivers.

Try Windows update inside Windows 7,
Maybe you are lucky and Os finds the right drivers.

Inviato da mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395781-drivers-windows-8-1-laptop-compatible-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Okay so today I've decided to pull out an old PC and throw Windows 7 on it. All is well until I realized I cannot get any drivers for the PC because the manufacture(Gigabyte) doesn't have drivers that support Windows 7. Is there any solution to this? All I really need is the LAN Driver.

Motherboard: ga-8s661fxm-775
Drivers Page: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-8S661FXM-775 (rev. 2.0)
Chipset: SiS661FX Rev 11

Again is there any way to get Windows 7 Drivers for this motherboard?

Thanks in advanced. I will provide anymore information if needed.

A:Windows 7 on a Windows XP Machine. Need Win7 Drivers

Welcome Austinayers1337

If you have an empty PCI slot, buy an inexpensive 10/100 ethernet add in card. Install that with the correct drivers for it and see if you can get on the internet that way. Also have you tried any Vista drivers to see if they will work ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/343492-windows-7-windows-xp-machine-need-win7-drivers.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I have just done a clean installation of Windows and then the update to Windows from Windows Store After Windows clean install I went to the Dell site and I installed chipsets and wireless network and nothing else sound was working as well so I didnt install any Audio drivers There were no other errors reported in Device Manager that needed sorting out So those were the only drivers I installed Then I did all the Windows Updates Following that I went to the Windows Store and installed Windows Ive just checked in Device Manager and there aren't any errors at all so Im wondering if theres no need to Install any Windows drivers apart from obviously I'll update Nvidia Graphics as usual Am I right in thinking if there are no errors in Device Manager theres no need to update to the Windows drivers I know a lot of people say If it isnt broke dont fix it but I would appreciates peoples thoughts experience with this Thanks

A:Updating to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8-Drivers question

Originally Posted by rickb278

I have just done a clean installation of Windows 8 and then the update to Windows 8.1 from Windows Store.
After Windows 8 clean install..I went to the Dell site and I installed chipsets, and wireless network and nothing else...sound was working as well so I didnt install any Audio drivers. There were no other errors reported in Device Manager that needed sorting out. So those were the only drivers I installed. Then I did all the Windows Updates.
Following that I went to the Windows Store and installed Windows 8.1. Ive just checked in Device Manager and there aren't any errors at all so Im wondering if theres no need to Install any Windows 8.1 drivers apart from obviously I'll update Nvidia Graphics as usual. Am I right in thinking if there are no errors in Device Manager theres no need to update to the Windows 8.1 drivers? I know a lot of people say If it isnt broke dont fix it but I would appreciates peoples thoughts/experience with this.
Thanks

Well if everything is working correctly you wouldn't need to update any drivers unless an issue arises. However if you want your computer to run to it full capacity you might want to at least update the Chipset drivers, IME drivers. If your system is UEFI you'll want to install the latest IRST driver. Video and Audio and Wi-Fi Bluetooth if your have it. If your happy with the way your running I wouldn't worry about it unless you have a problems arise.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/54683-updating-windows-8-1-windows-8-drivers-question.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Do windows 7 support windows vista drivers? im asking this because i've got geforce fx 5200 and there is no windows 7 drivers for it. I found on google, that windows 7 supports vista's drivers fine.

A:Do windows 7 support windows vista drivers?

Quote: Originally Posted by StyleZs

Do windows 7 support windows vista drivers? im asking this because i've got geforce fx 5200 and there is no windows 7 drivers for it. I found on google, that windows 7 supports vista's drivers fine.

And google is correct once again. Just use the compatibility mode of the driver and you will be just fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/49626-do-windows-7-support-windows-vista-drivers.html
Relevancy 31.82%

I NEED DRIVERS IN ORDER TO UPDATE FROM WINDOWS 8.1 TO WINDOWS 10 USING A HP PAVILION P6510F.ANY SUGGESTIONS?

A:DRIVERS TO UPDATE WINDOWS 8.1 TO WINDOWS 10 USING HP PAVILIO...

Hi http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-p6500-desktop-pc-series/4162263/model/42... For computers sold after August 2013 with compatible hardware, HP has tested and approved specific software and drivers to support Windows 10. See hp.com/go/windows10upgradenow to check if your computer model was tested by HP.If your computer is not tested by HP or software and drivers are not available on the HP site for Windows 10, use Windows Update in Windows 10 to get the latest software and drivers. HP and the other hardware manufacturers of components in your computer will release updated software and drivers in Windows Update when they are tested and approved.

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/DRIVERS-TO-UPDATE-WINDOWS-8-1-TO-WINDOWS-10-USING-HP/td-p/5601742
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello,  I have a Probook, 4530s, my Product number is XUO15UT#ABA.  I'll do a clean instalation (I will format my disk) for windows 10 (or 8). I want to know what drivers i need to download. I visit this page:  https://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5060881&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4058 Put is really confusing, i dont know for example what WiFI card i have. Could you help me? Thanks

A:Drivers for Probook 4530s for windows 10 (or windows 8)

Hi: To find out what model wireless card your notebook has, go to the device manager, click to expand the Network Adapters device manager category, and there you will see the name and model number of the wireless network card. W10 should install most of the drivers you need. If you get stuck, let me know and I will try and help you further. Note:  if your notebook has the AMD/Intel switchable graphics, I do not believe that W10 will work correctly. Only notebooks with the Intel graphics will probably run on W10.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Drivers-for-Probook-4530s-for-windows-10-or-windows-8/td-p/5660215
Relevancy 31.82%

Required uregently dell drivers for windows 7 32 bit.

my laptop is dell inspiron 1525

A:drivers for inspiron 1525 windows 32 bit for windows 7

You notebook has drivers for Vista, but not Windows 7. If you are able to boot up, but have specific drivers missing, it's POSSIBLE to track them down elsewhere (e.g., video, audio). Let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/111921-drivers-inspiron-1525-windows-32-bit-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 30.96%
Relevancy 30.96%

is it okay to have 32 bit drivers on windows 7 64 bit? sorry, newbie here.
and btw what are the cons of running 32 bit applications on 64 bit?

A:32 bit drivers on Windows 7 64 bit

No. 32bit drivers are restricted to user mode only...or in otherwords. 32bit drivers do not function on 64bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/213276-32-bit-drivers-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I have a acer aspire e700 desktop which is about five years old, Loaded with vista premium 32bit recently upgraded to windows 7 premium 64bit and is running perfect and a lot faster.
The problem is there is a missing driver in the device manager which says
(PCI SIMPLE COMMUNICATIONS CONTROLLER) I have no idea what the driver is for or even where to get one i'm at a complete loss.
I would be grateful if someone could give me any advice on how to fix this problem.

THANKS

A:Windows 7 Drivers

here are the drivers for your system, its nearly half way down the page Acer Aspire E700 Drivers Download for Windows 7, 8, XP, Vista

I found it by using google and typing pci simple communications controller acer aspire e700

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-drivers-818586.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I need drivers for Windows XP. I daul booted XP and 7. But sound only works on Windows 7.  I have a HP Pavilion a5403w

A:I need Windows XP Drivers For

Hi: Here are the XP chipset (which also installs the ethernet), and the graphics drivers. http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/30518/en-us http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/57493/en-us Audio:  Accept the agreement.  Download and install the first driver listed in green. http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Let me know what else you need and I'll see what I can do.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-need-Windows-XP-Drivers-For/td-p/5672278
Relevancy 30.96%

hi ,i,d like to install windows 10 on my computer set but ihave  aproblem with chipset and pci ,wireless ,lan to work propely i'll try drivers on hp pages but it doesn't work well

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/windows-10-drivers/td-p/5634038
Relevancy 30.96%

Guys,

My laptop computer has a 64-bit processor, but I've always used Windows 7 32-bit on it, because that was what I had here. Now I have the oportunity to install Windows 7 64-bit, but I think there's a little problem.

The brand of my laptop is Positivo (a famous brand here in Brazil, my country). On their website, I can download all drivers I need, but they are all for 32-bit Windows version. Only two or three are for both 32 and 64-bit version.

So, my question is... Can I use 32-bit drivers on Windows 64-bit? Or do I really need to go after these 64-bit drivers somewhere else, instead of their website?

------
Edit:

Instead of downloading drivers from Positivo's website, would it be the same if I downloaded them from the website of the mainboard (Clevo)? It's weird, because they don't seem to have 64-bit versions either. Where should I go?

Thanks for your attention.

brunces

A:32-bit drivers for 64-bit Windows

Unfortunately, no.. you can't use 32bit drivers on a 64bit OS ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/134747-32-bit-drivers-64-bit-windows.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi, 
I am trying to use the HCK API to automate the WHQL certification for a bunch of drivers. Some of them are non PnP drivers, which do  not show up in the device manager even after enabling the "show hidden devices" option. 

I need to use devcon to set the hardware ID for these drivers. 

Is there any way in Windows 8.1/Windows 10 that I can do this? 

Thanks,
Mohit

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8e9e1894-5f5b-4764-9b85-116d3cd3f915/non-pnp-drivers-in-windows-81?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi i have a acer aspire am5640-u5403a and i cant find any windows 7 (ultimate) 32 bit drivers for it on the acer site. Can someone please help me find drivers for windows 7, i especially need lan drivers. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Relevancy 30.96%

hi,
is there anyway to make an 8-button gamepad with 3 axis to work in windows XP with no proper driver for the gamepad??
please help

A:Windows XP Drivers

Is this the driver set you're trying?
http://www.mega-world.com/download.htm

If that is the controller (the X6-33 Megapad XVI) and is relabeled as Tandy then you should see the comments on http://www.saitekusa.com/support/2000faq.htm about it - or perhaps email them for a beta XP driver?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-drivers.72119/
Relevancy 30.96%

There are no windows 8.1 drivers available for my product hp 15ac122tu. what should i do now?  either install windows 7 or windows 10 drivers? 

A:No drivers for windows 8.1

Kartheek164 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about needing drivers for your laptop and wanted to help.The Win10 drivers should work OK in Win8.1. The Win7 drivers, which would be my second choice, might have to be installed in Compatibility Mode:http://www.windows10forums.com/articles/compatibility-mode.7/ Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-drivers-for-windows-8-1/td-p/5683697
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello all I recently upgraded my older computer from XP to Windows formatting the drive and starting things from scratch and I am experiencing some driver problems My wireless drive and video card seem to be too old for Windows and I am trying to find away around this to make all part work properly My wireless drive Drivers on 7 Old Windows will not talk to my computer at all and my video card requires a re-boot every time I start the machine It opens 'Driver Software Installation' and starts the drives telling me Intel R g Graphics Controller - ready to use Intel R Graphics Chipset KCH Driver - ready to use Intel R Graphics Platform SoftBIOS Driver - Finished Old Drivers on Windows 7 restart required every time This is a link to my computer Old Drivers on Windows 7 info http esupport sony com US perl model-home pl mdl PCVRS amp Old Drivers on Windows 7 template id ion id amp tab download downloadTab The only change I have made to the machine is upgrading it to GB of RAM Thanks for any assistance

A:Old Drivers on Windows 7

Hi and welcome to TSF

The best I can see the drivers you need are for XP Only.

XP PC to Win 7 is a really big jump. Even if you did get it to run 1 GB will not be good.

Did you run windows upgrade advisor W-7 before you installed it?

Maybe you can take the Win 7 disk back and exchange for something else.
I would wipe the PC and go back to XP.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/old-drivers-on-windows-7-a-638131.html
Relevancy 30.96%

HI. i bought a laptop HP pavilion g6 2332 sa with windows 8. But i don`t like w8, so i deleted w8 and installed windows 7. Now i can`t find any drivers for my laptop for w7... please help

Solved!
View Solution.

A:drivers windows 7

ethernet controller:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56680.exe network controller:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54501-55000/sp54972.exe pci device:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56001-56500/sp56467.exe sm bus controller:http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-4_vista_win7_win8_32-64_sb.exe usb controller:ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57001-57500/sp57026.exe unknown device:http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp58001-58500/sp58423.exeorftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp60001-60500/sp60389.exe   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/drivers-windows-7/td-p/2711755
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello, i need options to update my drivers for windows 7 pro. Can someone please tell me a way or a website to scan/update my divers?

Thanks.

A:drivers for windows 7 pro

Go to each individual component manufacturer's site and get the drivers manually that way. Compare the driver version from Device Manager for things like video, audio, network, chipset, etc.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/drivers-windows-7-pro-278534/
Relevancy 30.96%

i installed windows 7 64 bit in my HP Notebook - 15-ac124tu but i did not got drivers for installation on your website. what shall i do??? plz help me

A:Drivers Are Not Available For Windows 7 64 bit

Hi: You should be able to use the W7 x64 drivers and software from the 15t-ac000 on your model, except the BIOS and firmware files. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-ac000-Notebook-PC-series/7771404/model/8381866

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Drivers-Are-Not-Available-For-Windows-7-64-bit/td-p/5602577
Relevancy 30.96%

HelloSome time ago i upgraded to windows 10, and whilst it works fine for the most part there are a few things that are having issues. Upon checking the support page i realised that HP is no longer supporting the product as there are no windows 10 drivers listed. I see that other people having similar issues have had there problems somewhat resolved by installing alternative drivers. The things i am having trouble with are:BluetoothFingerprint scannerFn buttonsTouchstick (The little one on the keyboard, the touchpad works okay)The speakers make a poping sound when the laptop turns on and off The touchstick and Fn buttons arent so important, but any help getting bluetooth to work would be greatly appreciatedMany thanksJack

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/No-windows-10-drivers-available/td-p/5623847
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi - I recently bought an IBM Thinkpad T WUwhich had Win XP Pro installed The OS was defective in that Windows Drivers XP in when I tried to download SP and net framework I got a BSOD I reloaded the OS several times from the IBM recovery system and had to reload software The Drivers in Windows XP machine worked perfectly with SP for several weeks Drivers in Windows XP then crashed again Drivers in Windows XP while I was working Since I thought it was an OS problem - and still do - I called Microsoft who generously shipped me an original Windows XP Home disk because I own a registered XP Home Upgrade disk The charge was S amp H and I couldn t convince them to send me an XP Pro disk After I installed it - a clean install - everything works fine except that I can t connect to the Internet MY ISP advises that this is because the drivers for the ethernet controller are missing I ve tried every way I can think of to find the right drivers but I cannot find the right ones or the ones I have found do not install properly I can connect to the Internet on the IBM with a dial-up connection or I can download drivers from another computer Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated Best Jon nbsp

Relevancy 30.96%

i have windows 7 ultimate os. the drivers where in-built in the os cd. if i install drivers again with the cd(motherboard) which i received with my computer will it result in conflicts? i want to install it for some reason.

A:windows 7 drivers?

Should not be a problem but if you want the newest drivers go to the manufacturer of your MB and download the newest drivers from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/204485-windows-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 30.96%

My Windows 7 does not recognize my new PNY 128gb usb flash drive.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Starter, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N450 @ 1.66GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2035 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Graphics Media Accelerator 3150, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 136175 MB, Free - 90895 MB; D: Total - 16147 MB, Free - 2309 MB; E: Total - 98 MB, Free - 89 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 148A
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

A:Drivers for Windows 7

Does the drive work in another PC? Do other devices work in the same USB port?

Windows uses generic drivers for USB storage devices, no extra drivers are needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-for-windows-7.1117727/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello. I have installed Windows 10 on a older machine and it seems to work ok, with a little delay here and there. I have one issue however, I have a CoProcesser that is not being identifed, in need of a driver. Any ideas? Mike

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Drivers for Windows 10

OK, MIke: It figures that none of the HP support sites are working right now, so I can't look for the right driver. So, what I did was go to the nvidia website and I found what I hope is the equivalent driver. I have pulled the smu file out of the 228 MB driver file, zipped it up and attached it below. There seems to be one less hardware ID in this file than the HP one had, so I hope the hardware ID for the coprocessor in your notebook is supported by this driver. We will know shortly. Download and unzip the attached file to its folder. Use the easier first manual install method because the reason it didn't work is it couldn't find a 64 bit driver to install. Just browse to the driver folder you unzipped, make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install. Then reboot. If for some reason it doesn't work, we will have to sleep on it and hope that HP gets the support site back up and working. You can get to it but when you click on any model PC, nothing happens and the business support site is down for scheduled maintenance--a real double whammy!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Drivers-for-Windows-10/td-p/5504332
Relevancy 30.96%

please don't think i am fool.... because i am a intel hardware user from the beggining, a friend of mine had clean installed windows 8 pro on his PC ( custom-build) which has amd phenom x2 processor, and clocked at 800 Mhz... i don't know either a bit about AMD And neither him ( i don't know why ?) , when i had a look at the display adapter in his pc's device manager it was AMD radeon 3000 graphics( wddm versiom). any help would be appreciated

A:Amd Drivers for windows 8 x86

Take a look at:
Latest AMD Catalyst Graphics Driver for Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/26545-amd-drivers-windows-8-x86.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I have had to re-format the hard drive and reload windows 3.1 on my daughter's DS386 which had sound system, internal modem, and cd-rom installed after original purchase. Therefore the drivers are no longer on the system. My daughter can't find her diskettes with the drivers on them.
Can you point me to a way to search for the drivers on the internet and how to search the system for what the hardware type is to do the internet search?
I will have to search from my computer because with the modem driver not yet installed I can't get to the internet with hers.

Please can you help me?

A:Windows 3.1 drivers help

You might want to contact the manufacturer of the computer to see if they still have some recovery disks to send you. If they don't, you will need to know the manufactures of all the hardware and download the drivers off their website. Generally you want to use the manufacture's drivers over microsoft's... but the 3.1 installation should find most of the drivers if all the harware is as old as the win3.1... but since it probably won't get all of them, try to find as many of the drivers as possible so you have them handy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-3-1-drivers-help.66145/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hei. I have just installed windows 8 and Windows automatically installed my drivers like sound..graphics and so on. Should i install the drivers from the manufacturer's site too? or let windows install my drivers?

A:Windows drivers

It is always best to check the manufacturers website for drivers 1st as Microsoft tend to lag behind a bit as I have found out in the past....you could be missing out on newer drivers !

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/26496-windows-drivers.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Need to know what driver will allow my H/P ScanJet 5400C to work with Windows7, 64bit....I see that there is a solution listed, but not describerd n Google....any suggestions??

A:Windows 7 Drivers

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

That device doesn't have a Windows 7 Driver. You can try to run the XP driver from here: Software & Driver Downloads HP Scanjet 5400c Scanner - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-drivers-659575.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi Guys

I have just re-istalled windows xp on my friends toshiba laptop but have no internet i have downloaded drivers to disc and from my laptop have put the disc into the toshiba laptop but now am stuck how do i copy these drivers over to the new system...Please help

A:Windows xp drivers

have you tryed go my computer,,
right click the cd
choose explolre
copy all the drivers on the disc to c/windows /system32/drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-drivers.1004482/
Relevancy 30.96%

i have a PAVILLION 23 touch screen all in one computer (3 years old) with windows 8.1 and tried to upgrade to windows 10 but after buying windows 10 have now been told by microsoft technician that this computer is not compattible for windows 10 because HP do not have the drivers available as yet ??????????????????????????

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/windows-10-drivers/td-p/5850864
Relevancy 30.96%

I Installed windows 7.Love it soo much.
Everything is Fine.
But iam having problem with audio.
My motherboard is Asus a8n-vm..Windows 7 does'nt recognize my Onboard Soundmax HD Audio.
Windows 7 drivers are not available in asus website also..
Now what do i do?? i really don't want to move back to XP again.

A:Windows 7 drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by sane83

I Installed windows 7.Love it soo much.
Everything is Fine.
But iam having problem with audio.
My motherboard is Asus a8n-vm..Windows 7 does'nt recognize my Onboard Soundmax HD Audio.
Windows 7 drivers are not available in asus website also..
Now what do i do?? i really don't want to move back to XP again.

You can use vista drivers, and maybe even XP, if you install it in compatibility mode. to do that right click the installer>properties>compatibility mode>check OS

Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/74624-windows-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello, I need drivers for  USB controller.The Hardware ID is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0F35&SUBSYS_2190103C&REV_0AThe drivers  from http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdHome/?sp4ts.oid=6431933&spf_p... doesn't work.Thanks

A:Windows 7 X64 drivers for HP 250 G2

Did the usb 3.0 ports just stop working after an update or some event? Were you conecting a device to the ports that may have had a high current draw?  Some devices ( many external DVD burners and SATA disk connnectors)  may need to use two ports at once.  Try the following USB 3.0 driver (it is for the same chipset, so it is safe) http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-127277-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-7-X64-drivers-for-HP-250-G2/td-p/3649686
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi there

I have installed the windows 7 ultimate 64bit.iso onto a DVD because I lost my original disc but when i try to reinstall windows it says it cant find a certain dvd driver??

please help!

Thanks

A:windows 7 drivers

The ISO image may have files missing, or the burn of the disc did not go well.
Burn your ISO again and be sure to burn at the slowest possible speed, also use only name brand blanks (TDK, Sony, Verbatim etc)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-drivers-691154.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello. Some months ago I've bought a notebook HP 250 G4 I3-4005u with freedos.Recently for job reasons I've installed windows 7 32 bit but I have discovered that on hp site there are only drivers for windows 7 32 bit.Where can I find drivers for windows 7 32 bit ?Thank you in advance. Sergio

A:Drivers for HP 250 G4 with windows 7 32 bit

Hi, Sergio: The 64 bit drivers on the 250 G4 support page should work for all but the graphics and audio.  They have the 32 bit files in there too. For the graphics, if your notebook has the Intel graphics, try the driver directly from Intel.  First driver on the left. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25978/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?v=t Audio:  Accept the agreement.  Download and install the 1st driver on the list. http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT... Definition Audio Codecs  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Drivers-for-HP-250-G4-with-windows-7-32-bit/td-p/5677749
Relevancy 30.96%

I am Installing windows 8 preview on my laptop today. Lets just say I don't like the fact it has no start menu. But Im sure I will get use to it. I just need to know would drivers that are made for windows 7 work on windows 8. ? The manufacture only has the drivers for windows 7 on there website. for my acer 5251 system.

A:WIndows 8 Drivers

When testing Windows 8 I have been using Windows 7 drivers on it. Works fine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470770/windows-8-drivers/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey,

I have a NVidia GeForce 460m and Intel i7-2720QM processors. Due to some reason, whenever I install an OS on my computer, I need to add a sandy bridge intel driver to the partition during the installation. I know how to do this and have Windows 8 on a USB drive right now and the required driver that allowed me to install windows 7. Just generally, will 3rd party drivers work, such as those by intel and NVidia on the Windows 8 OS?

Thanks,

Fire.

A:Windows 8 drivers?

I loaded the Windows 8 installer onto a disc. When I select boot from disc in the F12 menu, it comes up that there was an error and my computer needs to restart. It restarts and just boots back up from Windows 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-drivers-674586.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I need windows 10 pro drivers for my elitebook 8560w. there are devices not working cause no drivers

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-need-windows-10-pro-drivers/td-p/5615471
Relevancy 30.96%

I have recently installed windows 7 32bit hoping I would be able to reinstall the vista drivers because they would be backwards compatible, I was wrong. I cannot locate any windows 7 drivers for my hp m7790e desktop pc. can someone help me install the vista drivers please? others claim to do it but its not working for me. I have already tried changing compatibility to windows vista and it didn't work

A:No drivers available for windows 7 on my pc? :(

When I go to http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...3&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3369438 and select Windows 7 32 or 84 bit, BOTH, stated that HP does NOT provide any Windows 7 drivers for this machine.

I would say that you are out of luck in finding any.

others claim to do it but its not working for meClick to expand...

Provide a link to these "others" that claim it can be done?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-drivers-available-for-windows-7-on-my-pc.1020557/
Relevancy 30.96%

I cannot play Freecell, Solitaire or Mahjong. I am told this is because I only have Win95 drivers and am operating Win98.

I have tried ti download upgrades to my graphics card and motherboard through Giga-byte without success.

I have an old computer running Intel 440X AGP-PCI BIOS with Award Modular BIOS V4.51 PGM and Pentium 11 - MMX CPU at 300mhz.

Can anyone advise me how to obtain necessary software to let me play these games.

Relevancy 30.96%

I have a new Windows 7 Pro 64, and Windows detects a Samsung 4828FN 3in1 printer and a Canon LIDE 80 scanner in "Devices & Printers" but appears to be unable to find drivers. I downloaded & installed Win 7 drivers from both mfg sites, but neither appears in their appropriate windows when called up. The scanner on the printer works and saves to files, so I know the USB connections are working. Canon Toolbox Settings cannot detect.

Of course the HP 1000 printer has no Win 7 drivers to download, so that one does not work either,

Also, when I try and select new printers from a "Print" drop-down menu, I get a message "The Active Directory Domain Sevices is Currently Unavailable"

Anyone have suggestions?

A:Windows 7 not seeing drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by osi

I have a new Windows 7 Pro 64, and Windows detects a Samsung 4828FN 3in1 printer and a Canon LIDE 80 scanner in "Devices & Printers" but appears to be unable to find drivers. I downloaded & installed Win 7 drivers from both mfg sites, but neither appears in their appropriate windows when called up. The scanner on the printer works and saves to files, so I know the USB connections are working. Canon Toolbox Settings cannot detect.

Of course the HP 1000 printer has no Win 7 drivers to download, so that one does not work either,

Also, when I try and select new printers from a "Print" drop-down menu, I get a message "The Active Directory Domain Sevices is Currently Unavailable"

Anyone have suggestions?

Hi and welcome

For the HP you can use vista drivers in compatibility mode
DL the driver and right click the installer>properties>compatibily mode>check vista

For the canon in printers and devices is it checked as working?
Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/41405-windows-7-not-seeing-drivers.html
Relevancy 30.96%

I had to format the hard drive and reload XP SP2. Seems to be working fine. But, my USB ports don't work. Do I have a driver problem, and if so, what is the fix.

Relevancy 30.96%

I need the drivers necessary for Internet etc. on Windows 7 and tips on how to install them

A:Need drivers necessary for Windows 7

If it was a shop bought computer with Windows 7 installed go to the Manufacturers web site.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/need-drivers-necessary-windows-7-4594450/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am getting the message that due to a policy I can't use NT 4.0 drivers for a printer. How can I fix it, or is there no fix?

Relevancy 30.96%

need microsoft windows 8 (32 bit)all drivers ..here my hardware id's are given below PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_217F103C&REV_01PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_217F103CPCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280plzz help me asap

A:need drivers for windows 8(32 bit)

Hi, Please try: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64676.exe        http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64501-65000/sp64678.exe (for Bluetooth). Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/need-drivers-for-windows-8-32-bit/td-p/5702753
Relevancy 30.96%

I had failed to run windows 7 64 bit on this laptop. I have not supplied driver CD with this laptop & I did not find any driver to run this os on this laptop on net. Support centre supply drivers only to run windows 10 on it. I had contacted HP customer care, they gave me several links of drivers which did not support my product. At last, they gave me only sugession to install windows 10 on it.But from this forum, I come to know that windows 7 64 bit can be run on this laptop and you have supplied necessary drivers for this. Please send me links of these drivers earliest, so that I can be able to run windows 7 64 bit on my this laptop.Thanking you. Ever yours- Debasish DasRaghunathganjMurshidabadWB, India.

A:Want all necessary drivers to run Windows 7 64 bit on HP 15-...

Hi: You should be able to use the W7 x64 drivers and software from the 15z-af000 on your model, except the BIOS, chipset and firmware files. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-af000-Notebook-PC-series/7771410/model/8341291 Use the chipset driver directly from AMD.  First driver on the list.  Install and restart the PC. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Want-all-necessary-drivers-to-run-Windows-7-64-bit-on-HP-15/td-p/5739976
Relevancy 30.96%

I hear from people that if no drivers exists for you PC for Windows 7 you can download an XP Mode Virtual Machine and from the MS website and the system will detect and use the windows xp drivers. Can some one provide a Knowledge Base or Article on this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-drivers-431100.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hii Please someone help me to find all latest drivers for my motherboard. M getting confused to find exact "rev" no Thank You

A:Windows 7 Drivers Help

http://img39.imageshack.us/i/82409219.png http://img717.imageshack.us/i/gr1x.png http://img24.imageshack.us/i/gr2m.png

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/93436-windows-7-drivers-help.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Desktop is slow to connect to internet after sleep. Shows "waiting" to connect to net or page.
Do I need to update my modem drivers which is from cox.net (Motorola surfboard sb5101)
Thanks for any help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/49170924-8637-4d52-bfab-46e0eef269de/drivers-for-windows-81?forum=w8itprohardware