Windows Support Forum

Windows 10 will not load

Q: Windows 10 will not load

HiI have an hp touch smart 600 which was operating on windows 7I can only eject any disc but going though the start menu which I learned to live withI recently loaded windows 10 and followed the online instructions however now my pic continues saying will not load and on recovery pageI have tried various ways to load but to no successI can not even eject disc so every time I turn on pc it loads windows 10 then back to recovery pageAny tips or help would be appreciatedMany thanksPete

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-will-not-load/td-p/5854632
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 10 will not load

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 45.15%

Okay so here's the deal I had Windows Service Pack Everything was just lovely then I decided to FINALLY upgrade to Windows 3 Windows Boot Now won't past Service Pack Load Windows load Installed Screen Service Pack because some high end Adobe products I was installing suggested it for Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen better compatibility Aiesh so I took the plunge and tried to upgrade to Windows Service Pack I was smart because of all the horror stories though and did a full backup up all my data including system state etc I set a system restore point the whole nine yards I upgraded with no problems but when the computer restarted it do so got past POST and the windows boot or load screen popped up with the loading bar but windows never loaded A lot of people report having problems where it get's past the windows load screen and just keeps cycle rebooting Or it'll load to the user selection screen welcome screen This is not me I am simply stuck at the windows load screen Picture below for reference So I booted into safe mode with networking searched for help EVERYWHERE and couldn't find any - By the way I could boot into safe mode safe mode with command prompt and safe mode with networking So I used my system restore point that had made before the SP upgrade and now I am typing to you from the comfort of my Service Pack But this ticks me off because I want SP on my system for the sake of those Adobe programs and just because I can't get the dern thing on there it bugs me Does anyone have a suggestion for me as to WHAT is stopping me from have a healthy running version of Windows Service Pack I ran the Service Pack install upgrade as an Administrator in safe mode with ANY program thing that could possibly affect it not running I thought I had all my bases covered but apparently not Any help suggestions It'd be nice for all the other people out there who are having this same problem to get an answer as well P S I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version Service Pack hopefully SP soon

A:Installed Windows Service Pack 3 Now Windows won't load past Windows Boot Load Screen

Hi sirdanceal0t,
I had a similar problem when Windows XP SP3 was released it was only designed for Intel processors, so if you have a AMD processor it will cause your system not to load, if you are running a AMD processor if i were you try and get back to the System Restore Point or if that fails reimage your pc and just before installing SP3 looks for the patch/fix for your processor model, then install SP3 and it should all be fine.

On the other hand if you have a Intel processor i woulldn't know what to advise.

Swain90

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installed-windows-service-pack-3-now-windows-wont-load-past-windows-boot-load-screen-418781.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load Before the repair it didnt wanna load at all - also I have some hard drive issues that got cut off and came our weird sorry ---------------------------------------------- OK Im gonna explain what happened step by step cause Im not sure whats important I dont understand very much about this stuff I hope someone more expirienced then me will help me out Im using windows xp proffessional version OK It first happened while I was surfing online I was surfing on sites that I can say are pretty much safe but at the same time I was running either AVG antivurus or their AVG antispyware not sure which one I Load, To It To Doesnt Wanna Windows Gotta Xp Restart Load Make of the two At some point when the scanning was on my E hard drive windows is on my C hard drive the computer froze and naturally I restarted But windows didnt wanna start after the restart it kept giving these messeges windows didnt shut down properly and it asked me to choose to start it in safe or normal or etc mode I tried every type of start mode it didnt work Windows wouldnt load and u know that line where windows loads would move a while and Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load, I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load then stop no responce no nothing So I tried restaring several times Same thing widnows didnt start properly last time choose a mode after I choose it loaded for a while but then stopped So I took it to the repair the re-installed my windows Now when I wanna start it it runs properly doesnt ask me to choose windows loads for a while but fails to load again I try restart and then it works But I gotta restart it every time Say I shut down my computer now I gotta start it and wait for it to fail once then restart it and then it loads properly Now about the antiviruses programs part While running AVG antispyware I kept getting messeges like - this file is not readable do a disk check chk dsk So I tried to do a disk check I went to my E hard drive choose properties then tools then error checking and check the boxes and click start But it took so long An hour and mins passed and it wasnt done even of the total hard drive BTW my hard drive is only gb but I have a lot of files stored on it especially websites html files Just as a comparison my AVG antivirus takes hours to scan my entire computer hard drive gb each so total and my AVG spyware tooks mins to h and most of the time they pass scanning my E hard drive I needed the computer urgently so I had to stop the scan after hour and mins and besides it looked stuck So I restarted the computer cause that was the only way to stop it and now I get a messege on every startup windows scans my E drive I know thats probably caused by me stopping it by restart so its now stuck but it can also signal a failing drive Another thing about the antispyware and antivirus programs the times so far when my computer froze it happened while I was scanning with either avg antivirus and avg antispyware and it happened while they were scanning my E hard drive Also I said already that my avg antispyware said some of my files on E are unreadable Looks like there is smth on my E hard drive maybe bad sectors or malware thats a low possibility cause i did several scans besides the times when my computer froze and they didnt detect anything Its weird how smtimes I do a scan and it goes ok but other times it freezes so it doesnt freeze on every scan So basically I start the computer and windows doesnt load properly It takes me to the screen where it says that its scanning my E drive but it scans and gets stuck there Then I restart it again and now it loads then it does a lil scan of my E hard drive and its little it doesnt take more then mins how can a disk check be so fast I waited for my C hard drive scan for a lot longer than that BTW I did a disk check on my C drive and then I wanted to do one on my E hard drive it took ages but my c drive has free gb out of gb and my E hard drive has ... Read more

A:Windows Xp Doesnt Wanna Load, I Gotta Restart To Make It To Load

Are you able to boot in safe mode? It seems like you might have a conflict with the program wanting to run at start up..
My first suggestion is to boot safe mode, then remove your AV.. See if that helps..
Also, do you have more than one anti-virus program installed?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88845/windows-xp-doesnt-wanna-load-i-gotta-restart-to-make-it-to-load/
Relevancy 41.28%

I dont know if this is posted in the right area but I'm so desperate to get my laptop working its unreal First it started off with my laptop crashing I had totally forgot it needed to do a windows update and turned off my laptop in hopes that it would work properly After that my laptop has not been working The machine turns on and gives me two options Start windows normally or do a repair Upon starting windows normally it loads so far before sending me back to refuses and windows to load system 7 wont load repair the two options of windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load start windows normally or repair On the second time I clicked repair My laptop then goes so far before presenting me with a blue screen that is usually the screen where my accounts are The cursor still moves but it loads no further even after leaving it an hour I decided to make a repair disk hoping that the problem was because of windows the disk loads gives me a choice on the keyboard language then does nothing I honestly have no idea what to do I want to keep all the files safe on my computer as I havent backed them up and I have worked so hard on the projects someone please help

A:windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load

Do a hardware/software reset with your BIOS:Shut down and turn off the computer.
Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
"Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect
cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices." (Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English))
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This closes the circuit and ensures all
power from components is drained to clear the software connections between the BIOS
and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
(If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall. Do not reconnect any unnecessary peripherals; monitor, keyboard,
and mouse should suffice and be the only peripherals reconnected.
Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware

After doing those steps, clear your CMOS by entering the BIOS (see your system manual for steps to enter the BIOS), going to the EXIT screen, and loading setup/optimized defaults.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236921-windows-7-refuses-load-system-repair-wont-load.html
Relevancy 39.99%

This just started happening last night. Earlier that day I bought a 160gb seagate external HD at Fry's for 50 bux and was moving tons a files over to it (for about 3 hours). At one point I cancelled uploading and rebooted fine, but later that night my girlfriend did the same thing and rebooted and XP will not load... not in safe mode. I didn't install anything with the external HD as it was Plug n Play and I didn't install any new programs yesterday either...

I don't have a Win XP CD either (or boot disk). I guess my first action will need to be to buy Win XP and try a system recovery?

Is there any way to find out what is stopping it from loading?

I also switched the memory sticks with some other memory and that did nothing...

I'm at a loss :l

A:Windows XP won't load passed the load screen...

ap f8 when booting and from the options try
last known good configuration
if that's no good boot into the recovery console and try
fixboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-wont-load-passed-the-load-screen-152452.html
Relevancy 39.99%

as per title what i have tried is checking the installation media is good which it is checked it on another rig running windows 10. okay so what happens is it will go through the normal boot up procedure my rig that is, bios will post normally and then i get the windows 10 logo screen. u know where the little windows circly thing will go around and at about the 7th time the litlte circly thing goes around my screen will freeze same goes with the installation media which i am running on a usb, so i am stumped because i cant even load from the usb to try and repair my computer. any help willl be great.
THANKS
RUBEN
p.s.
I am currently in the process of trying to install windows 7 and see if that will help.

A:windows wil not load nor will it load with installiation media

okay well it did the same thing with windows 7 install. it will go through the loading windows files and then the little windows logo will pop up u know the little R,G,B,Y flag which pulsates and on about the fifth pulsate it will freeze.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
RUBEN

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-wil-not-load-nor-will-it-load-with-installiation-media-1039897.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I can't seem to get Windows 7 SP1 to load a driver for an HP printer that is on my home network. My laptop sees it but won't let me make it the default printer or load a driver so that I can link to it wirelessly. I restored my laptop back to windows 7
because Windows 10 was moving too slow. I only have 4gigs of memory, and windows 10 probably runs better with 8gigs of memory.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f52ee902-9022-4792-a1df-5a658bebc843/how-can-i-get-windows-7-sp1-to-load-a-print-driver-thatamp39s-compatible-with-the-hp-printer?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 38.7%

when i turn my computer on it says to hit F1 to continue or F2 and when i type F1 it just beeps and will not let me do it. i push F2 move something, move it back, save and then i hit F12 and finally after 800 times i get it to finally boot windows xp home sp2 for awhile then dumps me again. any ideas or suggestions would be great. my computer has been starting to act real funny by not allowing me to access things saying i dont have permission to do it. its getting real squirly. thanx in advance for any help.

A:During Reboot My Windows Xp Will Not Load Tries To Load My Old Me

Hi, did you set up XP on another hard drive to ME? If so you will need to go into your bios and set the hard drive XP is on to the top.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/128741/during-reboot-my-windows-xp-will-not-load-tries-to-load-my-old-me/
Relevancy 38.27%

ok this is gonna be a bit long but i want the details there the issue pc is my old pc it has windows its an asus msn-la motherboard i cloned this drive and used it in my new pc after a few months my new pc's drive died and load finnaly does things takes it load to forever slow load pc once very i took the old drive from the issue pc witch was pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load not giving issues at this time and stuck it into my new pc until my replacement drive came when i got the replacement drive i cloned the drive again onto the replacement drive and then put the new drive in the new pc had no issues there put the old drive back pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load into pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load the issue pc this is when issues started the pc booted up to the windows desktop loading screen fast but once it got there it sat there for like min before loading into windows once it loaded into windows it was un usable for around min while it loaded background stuff once it finally loads into windows if i try to open anything its still responding extremely slow is there anything i could do to fix this or is this going to me a re install only situation i did try to use a windows disk to do a startup repair but it claimed i couldn't do it because i dident install from that disk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-takes-forever-to-load-things-load-very-slow-once-it-does-finnaly-load-1145545.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Backstory skip if you need I'm fixing someones laptop It was slow and taking minutes to startup i did the usually virus scan and restarted then it was stuck in wont Boot Repair load, load, CD Automatic Windows Loop wont an auto repair loop I used a windows Install CD from microscoft None of the options in it would work install key doesnt match reset missing partition Windows wont load, Boot CD wont load, Automatic Repair Loop image recovery cant find an image restore no restore point Windows wont load, Boot CD wont load, Automatic Repair Loop etc Used command prompt did stuff like bootrec bcdedit diskpart and chkdsk After it ran chkdsk it finally loaded windows I reset reinstalled the OS completely Fixed restarted running smooth Owner said it was working great for a day then after turning it back on it was in an auto repair loop Now It's stuck in a preair loop I can't even boot from the CD Have it configured in the bios it shows the the blue windows logo then the screen goes black for minutes and a blue screen flashes for second saying Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart Collecting some info complete search online for error x a The weird thing is Windows disks boot fine but it's not compatible And if I physically remove the HDD it will boot into the windows CD So I put the HDD back in while still at the command prompt and it wont take my commands in related to the C I get a System cannot find the drive specified I also tried hooking upp the HDD to my PC SATA it shows in explorer but just right clicking it crashes explorer exe Drivers for it fail to update Any idea what is going on How can I get it to boot from the CD or get the command prompt to find C drive or start up when booting with the HDD in the laptop Specs windows core i gb ram TB HDD Years old no important files

A:Windows wont load, Boot CD wont load, Automatic Repair Loop

UPDATE:

I got a windows 8.1 disk made and it allowed me yo boot from the CD, but it's SLOOOOW, it takes minutes to load reset or w.e (none of them still work), or open the command prompt.

I ran chkdsk /f /r /x but it didnt help. chkdsk /r ends with:
"A disk read error occurredcc0000185
Insufficient disk space to fix the Usn Journal $J data stream."

Before when I ran it, I'm pretty sure it let me restart and booted into windows, not now.

Next I tried bootrec.
/fixmbr - succesful
/fixboot - succesfull
/rebuildBCD - Total identified Windows installations: 0
/scanOS - Total identified Windows installations: 0

Next bcdedit
Nothing worked "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device cannot be found."

Next sfc /scannow
"There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again."
Then sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\Windows
"Windows resources protection didnt find integrity violations"

BCDBoot c:\WindowsFailure when attempting to copy boot files

Next diskpart - but I forgot what I did before that may have worked. All i can remember is I had to select a disk or volume, and do something with it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529061/windows-wont-load-boot-cd-wont-load-automatic-repair-loop/
Relevancy 38.27%

Windows Update Won't Load--gets error-"This page failed to load". My system=32 bit operating system which is Vista Ultimate.

A:Windows Update Won't Load--gets error-"This page failed to load"

Hello sgibbins,
Try here, people have had some good results doing this. please post your results. Good luck.

JSI Tip 2805. Windows Update 'Cannot Display Page'?

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/231313-windows-update-wont-load-gets-error-page-failed-load.html
Relevancy 37.84%

new to this and not to good on the technical jargon..

basically i used to be able to load websites up then they stopped loading now and again and now they dont load at all.\
for eg: ebay i can go to the website search it all but click on the sign in and it just wont load.
there are other web pages which just wont load at all and just get the load thing and a blank screen.. and then time out.

ive done the AVG thing, spybot search and destroy, spyblaster.. and reset my router but stil nothing!!!

using windows xp and IE8

A:Can't load websites, or can load main page but then links don't load

How are you connected to the internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-load-websites-or-can-load-main-page-but-then-links-dont-load.151298/
Relevancy 34.4%

this is a previous post on your Windows load wont \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi site i have a similar problem with a few differences Hi Windows wont load \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi all Short version is that I bought a new Hp laptop with pre-installed Windows Didn t like Windows wont load \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi W for many reasons so tried to install windows according to guided installation instructions from a techie site google took me to The installation stopped after minutes referring to a driver issue I believe and I had to revert to loading Windows wont load \$Windows-BT\Windows\System32\winload.efi up using Windows again to get out of the dos error screen Now the system tells me how I get inconsistent blue screens although I don t physically see a blue screen and every day I boot up it reverts to the Windows Boot Manager screen telling me a recent hardware or software change has resulted in something missing damaged etc Additional message when in the Boot Manager reads File Windows-BT Windows System winload efi Status xc Info the digital signature for this file could not be verified Although Im not an expert it seems to me that the file path mentioned above relates to the part installation of windows - if so how can I remove the part installation clean the system up and reluctantly return to W btw - unable to get help from Windows or Samsung so far quot quot My problem is the same as this person except I can not log into windows at all All i get is HP with a little loading spiral at the bottom i left it alone for days on and it never loaded windows I was able to get to a command propt by pressing F when the computer starts going to repair computer then troubleshoot then advanced setting and got this info Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier bootmgr device partition Device HarddiskVolume path EFI Microsoft Boot bootmgfw efi description Windows Boot Manager locale en-US inherit globalsettings default default resumeobject bd a b-efb - e - -dd e a fce displayorder a - - a -ac f-e fb d default toolsdisplayorder memdiag timeout Windows Setup ------------- identifier a - - a -ac f-e fb d device partition C path WINDOWS BT Windows system winload efi description Windows Setup locale en-US inherit bootloadersettings osdevice partition C systemroot WINDOWS BT Windows nx OptOut detecthal Yes winpe Yes Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier default device partition C path windows system winload efi description Windows locale en-US inherit bootloadersettings recoverysequence Current recoveryenabled Yes isolatedcontext Yes allowedinmemorysettings x osdevice partition C systemroot windows resumeobject bd a b-efb - e - -dd e a fce nx OptIn bootmenupolicy Standard C windows system gt please help me nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

hey so for no reason as far as i can tell i started having this problem today my computer was working fine for awhile this morning but then a bit later when i tried to open firefox the computer froze for no reason kinda wierd since that has never happened before so i restarted it now what happens is it displays an error that says quot floppy disk s fail quot and i have to press F to continue i don t know why it would do this since my computer doesn t have a floppy disk drive then when it gets to the screen that shows the windows XP logo and the loading bar at the bottom the screen before your desktop loads it works for a few seconds normally then the little loading disk logo won't floppy screen load windows past and windows fail bar at the floppy disk fail and windows won't load past windows logo screen bottom slows down a whole lot and goes really slow and just stays like that the computer won t load past that point it just stays on that screen with the xp logo and bar going really slowly so has anyone seen this problem before what should i do i don t really feel like reformatting again i m running windows xp home edition by the way nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

After few total freezes when playing dota2, my windows won't load past starting windows screen (this), that end up with BSOD every time.
I'am think that my HDD is gone, but i need to know for sure.
I tried to run it in safe mode, but it can't load any file past CLASSPNP.SYS
I just need to know is that HDD or windows because my disk is something about 8 yo and I need to replace him anyway, but i would like to save files on him, that's why i need to start it up somehow.
Btw. can I copy my win7 32 registry to new win7 64, will that work in any way?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588814/help-after-few-freezes-my-windows-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen/
Relevancy 33.97%

I recently installed Windows XP and all my programs on a new hard drive as the old one would not boot Last week Windows redirects, browser load to Windows slow Update blocked, I received a quot Generic host process for Win services quot error My machine locked up and I had to restart Then I started having issues where Windows would not load or would take a very long time I am able to start Windows in Safe Mode but it takes much longer than it should Now sometimes when starting IE or Firefox or when surfing new tabs are started on spammy webpages Other times IE or Firefox will not start Windows Update blocked, browser redirects, slow to load Windows I also cannot go to the Windows Update site Neither Malwarebytes nor Avast find any instance of infection AVG says that it finds infections and repairs Just in case it would help here is that part of the AVG log file C WINDOWS system svchost exe memory a Trojan horse Agent r XJ C WINDOWS system svchost exe Trojan horse Agent r XJ Object was removed C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe memory Trojan horse Agent r XJ C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Trojan Windows Update blocked, browser redirects, slow to load Windows horse Agent r XJ Object was removed C WINDOWS explorer exe memory a Trojan horse Agent r XJ C WINDOWS explorer exe Trojan horse Agent r XJ Object was removed Thanks for any help you can provide coxpac Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode with network support Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Documents and Settings mcox Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll file missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll file missing O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run SkyTel SkyTel EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot MSRun O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run googletalk C Program Files Google Google Talk googlet... Read more

A:Windows Update blocked, browser redirects, slow to load Windows

Is there anyone out there that can help me, or can I provide any additional information?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-blocked-browser-redirects-slow-to-load-windows.995899/
Relevancy 33.97%

I was Running Windows Security Defender it said i had a Root Kit Virus and needed to download Windows Defender offline so i did
ran it it fourd 2 so i removed them and it restarted and now while loading Windows it flashes blue screen and restarts i dont have a boot disk and i really need help

A:Windows Defender Offline Removed Root kit now Windows wont load

G'day Kevier, and   to BC.
What operating system are you running?
How are you communicating with us now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533545/windows-defender-offline-removed-root-kit-now-windows-wont-load/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am constantly having redirects and new tabs spontaneously open to spammy websites in slow blocked, Windows load Browser redirects, Windows Update to both Browser redirects, Windows Update blocked, slow to load Windows IE and Firefox I cannot get to Windows Browser redirects, Windows Update blocked, slow to load Windows Update it either says it can't connect or takes me to a fake search engine page Windows is very slow to load at start and after working for a little while I tend to get Generic Host Process for Win Services Browser redirects, Windows Update blocked, slow to load Windows errors after which my machine locks up Malwarebytes has not found anything AVG says it finds infections and fixes The infections are in svchost exe iexplorer exe and explorer exe where it says that a Trojan horse Agent r XJ Object was removed from each I do have access to my Windows XP Install disk Thanks so much for your help coxpac DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by mcox at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings mcox Desktop dds com C WINDOWS system WSCRIPT exe Pseudo HJT Report uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO WhiteSmoke Toolbar -af c- c - def-f e f c - c program files whitesmoketoolbar whitesmoketoolbarX dll BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll TB avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll TB WhiteSmoke Toolbar -af c- c - def-f e f c - c program files whitesmoketoolbar whitesmoketoolbarX dll EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRunOnce spchecker quot c program files avg avg notification SPCheckerTE exe quot uRunOnce FlashPlayerUpdate c windows system macromed flash FlashUtil p Plugin exe -update plugin mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun SkyTel SkyTel EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun StartCCC quot c program files ati technologies ati ace core-static CLIStart exe quot MSRun mRun IntelliPoint quot c program files microsoft intellipoint point exe quot mRun Acrobat Assistant quot c program files adobe acrobat distillr Acrotray exe quot mRun lt NO NAME gt mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun AVG TRAY c program files avg avg avgtray exe mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files common files java java update jusched exe quot mRun googletalk c program files google google talk googletalk exe autostart mRun avast quot c program files avast software avast avastUI exe quot nogui StartupFolder c docume mcox startm programs startup autoho lnk - c documents and settings mcox application data microsoft installer c -a ed- c e- - be eab icons exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup adobea lnk - c windows installer ac ba - - - - SC Acrobat exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup micros lnk - c ... Read more

A:Browser redirects, Windows Update blocked, slow to load Windows

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

You may wish to Subscribe to this thread (Thread Tools > Subscribe to this thread) so that you are notified when you receive a reply.

Please read these instructions carefully and then print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the fix.

Note that the fix may take several posts. Please continue to respond to my instructions until I confirm that your logs are clean. Remember that although your symptoms may vanish, this does NOT mean that your system is clean.

If there is anything you don't understand, please ask BEFORE proceeding with the fixes.

Please ensure that you follow the instructions in the order I have them listed.

Please do not install or uninstall any programs, or run any other scanners or software, unless I specifically ask you to do so. Also please copy and paste logs into the thread, rather than add them as attachments.
===

Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall
===

For AVG antivirus and anti-spyware security software users only.

Quote:

Due to recent changes in AVG and how it interacts with CF, AVG must be uninstalled to run ComboFix. You will get a message from CF stating such.

If AVG will not uninstall, it is first recommended to uninstall it with this AppRemover by Opswat. The AVG uninstaller can be downloaded from here > AppRemover.exe Go to their homepage and you will see they have support for removal of other AV's as well AVG appremover tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/browser-redirects-windows-update-blocked-slow-to-load-windows-576409.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I was Running Windows Security Defender it said i had a Root Kit Virus and needed to download Windows Defender offline so i did
ran it it foud 2 so i removed them and it restarted and now while loading Windows it flashes blue screen and restarts i dont have a boot disk and i really need help

Relevancy 33.97%

This Toshiba computer had the Windows 7 Updated loaded onto it. Now when the computer starts up I receive the Safe Mode etc...options. I select Start Normally and from there is when it takes about an hour or more to load windows.

When the system finally loads, to click on anything takes about 10 minutes or more to populate anything.

A loading error message is received in the bottom right hand corner which says something about logging in as administrator and loading a disc.

This is my friends computer(previously mine) and I need to get to the pictures and save them in case I'm going to need to reset anything. If someone can tell me how to get at the pictures faster or fixing this without wiping out the pics that would be great. Much appreciated!! Tiff

A:Download Update for Windows 7, now comp takes about an hour to load windows

Right now I am in safe mode and it's seconds faster but not much and i did not receive that error in the bottom right corner.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-update-for-windows-7-now-comp-takes-about-an-hour-to-load-windows-678578.html
Relevancy 33.97%

So a customer brings in his Acer desktop that is infected and wanted us to do a format reload of windows on the unit The unit has a built in restore partiton so I did a wipe and clean install Here is windows. on of windows Weirdness [SOLVED] here. Random load fresh a the weird part I get weird windows pop ups I [SOLVED] Weirdness here. Random windows on a fresh load of windows. suspect a virus but on a freash load of windows there shouldn't be any viruses What happens is A internet explorer dialog box shows up saying Do you want to delete weather OK or CANCEL so I kill the process and now I am getting random what seems to be legit websites Youtube shows up I kill the process I start to run updates and then Outlook express opens up and has microsofts support email in the TO line I Kill the process Then google accounts webpage pops up and in the middle of all of this I threw out a keyboard with the quick connect buttons suspect they are flaking out I ran a virus scan which came up with a trojan in the system restore points I removed it and problem still remains I cannot run SP It crashes This is all on a fresh load of windows Unless the restore partition is infected or this would be the first BIOS infection I have [SOLVED] Weirdness here. Random windows on a fresh load of windows. ever seen Any thoughts or ideas

A:[SOLVED] Weirdness here. Random windows on a fresh load of windows.

Viruses are hard drive related.

Should have deleted all partitions on the drive a complete whipe.

Clean the entire drive whilst reinstalling windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-weirdness-here-random-windows-on-a-fresh-load-of-windows-589886.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi My first post here and I m wondering if someone can help with my problem since I ve completely run out of ideas For the last few months I have been unable to load Windows Update Windows Search or the Personalize Desktop option when right clicking on the desktop When I click on these items a window will open for a second completely white and then close instantly There s seemingly no way around this and the same is true in Safe Mode Suspecting a virus trojan or similar I have run a number of scans AVG SpyBot Ad Aware Malware Bytes Kaspersky Norton command line sfc etc Apart from a few tracking cookies nothing has been found Running HijackThis also revealed nothing untoward I ve search the MS Knowledge base extensively and not found anything There are similar problems regarding specific error numbers but I do not get one just a window that opens then quickly closes I have tried MS s own FixIt tool for Windows Update and it didn t make any difference I can still search using the quick search bar in the start menu but clicking quot search everywhere quot does Update/Windows not will load Desktop Windows Search/Personalize nothing I can still change my desktop background by right clicking on an image and choosing quot set as desktop background quot I cannot run Windows Update All of my other software is completely up Windows Update/Windows Search/Personalize Desktop will not load to date I still suspect that this is some sort of very clever trojan rather than an OS error but since I m not getting any error messages I can t be sure Any advice would be very much appreciated

A:Windows Update/Windows Search/Personalize Desktop will not load

Can you run regedit?

Access the Microsoft website?

Update your installed AV program?

What other system anomalies exist?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/394433/windows-updatewindows-searchpersonalize-desktop-will-not-load/
Relevancy 33.97%

When I start my computer a four-year-old Dell which runs Windows Load (Windows Start Toolbar Button Windows Won't and XP) Startup on XP Professional it loads without any problem but when Windows starts it won t display my desktop icons or the Windows bar that s normally at the bottom of the screen including quick launch the start button the clock etc The only thing that is visible on the screen is the My Documents folder not Desktop or My Computer or anything else always My Documents Of course from there I can navigate around and get things done Windows Toolbar and Start Button Won't Load on Startup (Windows XP) but it s obviously not ideal I originally posted the problem on the BC Malware forum http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html but none of the scans and logs turned up any malware so the person who was helping me suggested I take the problem to this board I Windows Toolbar and Start Button Won't Load on Startup (Windows XP) think that s everything please let me know if there s anything else I can add to make the problem clearer Thanks for your help

A:Windows Toolbar and Start Button Won't Load on Startup (Windows XP)

Do you get the same problem if you start in safe mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369012/windows-toolbar-and-start-button-wont-load-on-startup-windows-xp/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am having a problem with the Windows Central app crashing on load for Windows 10 (14393.10). I have uninstalled the app and re-downloaded it from the store. It does the same thing.
To note, the problem started after that quick 1 day cumulative update between Windows 10 (10586.464) and the Anniversary Release (14393.10).
This is the only app that crashes. It works fine on my mobile (Lumia Icon).
Any suggestions outside of resetting the PC?

A:Windows Central Desktop App crashes on load for Windows 10 (14393.10)

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I am having a problem with the Windows Central app crashing on load for Windows 10 (14393.10). I have uninstalled the app and re-downloaded it from the store. It does the same thing.
To note, the problem started after that quick 1 day cumulative update between Windows 10 (10586.464) and the Anniversary Release (14393.10).
This is the only app that crashes. It works fine on my mobile (Lumia Icon).
Any suggestions outside of resetting the PC? it crashes before you get to the stage for sign in or after?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434129-windows-central-desktop-app-crashes-load-windows-10-14393-10-a.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I ran MSE on this computer and it picked up the Trojan Alureon. It said it couldn't completely unistall it and I had to use Windows Defender Offline. I installed WDO on my USB and ran it. Now I can't get windows to load and Startup Repair can't fix the problem. I've run it a few times and I've tried System Restore.

A:I used Windows Defender Offline now Windows 7 Home Premuim won't load

Welcome to the forum,

Sorry to hear about your troubles, unfortunately this is an all too common occurrence after using WDO.

I'm requesting this be moved to the security section where our experts will see it sooner.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/309858-i-used-windows-defender-offline-now-windows-7-home-premuim-wont-load.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Someone please help, I have just loaded windows 98 on an IBM 330pl. I set the bios to boot from my cd rom first and it does without a problem, I load Windows and everything is going well until windows finds new devices and the drivers are on a cd. Windows doesn't recognize my cd drive at all even though it loaded from there. I'm pretty knowledgable about computers but I may need some help please. By the way I know all the connections are there and the drive is working fine as I've tested it in another machine

Thanks
Mike

A:I can load windows 98 from my cdrom, but once loaded windows can't find cd drive

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Have you tried going to your cd drive`s manufacturers site and downloading the latest firmware etc?

I`m not saying that this will help but it might!!

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-load-windows-98-from-my-cdrom-but-once-loaded-windows-cant-find-cd-drive.17503/
Relevancy 33.97%

So I just got done replacing the motherboard amp power supply a times, won't it motherboard, booted Replaced windows windows... load now few on my Dell Dimensions a few days ago I replaced them because they had burned up and my computer would not even powerup a new power supply did Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows... not fix the problem Anways I have new problems now Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows... So it booted fine for a few days and worked great after i had replaced the MB and PS Then today I get a couple quot blue screens of death quot that made me restart a few times I also got a few windows errors when I tried to open My Computer I didnt think they were that big of a deal because i had gotten these errors before with no following consequences Now after the th Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows... blue screen of death and th time restarting it won t restart It simply goes to a blank screen after the Dell bios splash screen appears I have maxtor hard drives- gig and gig I have not made any changes to my computer in the last few days For RAM I have x meg and x meg I already took out my harddrives and made sure they were connected correctly- both are set to cable select with the jumpers I am real close to formating the HD and reinstalling windows Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Replaced motherboard, windows booted a few times, now it won't load windows...

If you replaced the Mobo with a different brand / version of the one you had before. You'll have to reinstall Windows anyway.
Different drivers and settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-motherboard-windows-booted-a-few-times-now-it-wont-load-windows.21335/
Relevancy 33.54%

Step by Step explanation of what occurred and what I did The computer a month old ACer Aspire - Windows Home Premium Intel Core i - M Intel Solved time. to disabling Virus How load 20 f... by doesn't windows services. minute has find anything. a all software Windows HD graphics gigs DDR memory gig harddrive PM Monday December th Playing Skyrim Hit CTRL Alt Arrow key by accident This flips the windows GUI upside down Begin searching for solution on that computer by turning it upside down physically Power Cable comes out Laptop shuts down despite Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f... having full battery Search for solution on old laptop a year old Dell Inspiron with a boatload of problems including spontaneous shut downs and battery issues Has been recently reformatted Find solution Turn on new Acer Acer runs fine until it gets to the Windows screen From quot Welcome please wait quot to me typing in my user password to me seeing my desktop takes approximately minutes Once in Windows runs incredibly choppily Try running in Safe Mode Continues to run incredibly choppily Speak with Acer Support They suggest I use a restore point I slowly inch my way towards a system restore There is one It is for PM Monday December th The laptop was closed but not off at that point I do a system restore The system restore proves ineffective I turn it on It crawls into windows Upon being turned Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f... on both my Wireless Card and Avast Anti virus are disabled I re-inable avast and my wireless card I download Malware Bytes Trial version I run a full scan with Malware Bytes Trial version It detects nothing I run a full scan with Avast It detects nothing During one of the many crashes and restarts here I get a message in the bottom right Windows Build this copy of windows is not genuine is in the bottom right of my screen This is either false or the Staples where I purchased did something crazy I suspect the former It told me to validate using this URL https www microsoft com genuine validate default aspx displaylang en amp Error amp OSV amp GenuineInfo amp ls I attempted to validate windows It told me quot This update is not available on your computer quot I download and run CCleaner It runs and deletes - megabytes of cookies and other garbage I run MSConfig and Turn everything all services except Avast and Malwarebytes on the premise that important stuff would be retained It prompts me to restart my laptop I do It restarts and loads in within seconds as per usual Success Now the problem Most of the basic windows functions are turned off Sound control power control my touchpad has reverted to default settings and it won t let me fix those internet etcetera I attempt to turn on windows utilities on the basis of quot That kinda sounds important quot The problem reappears I try to run Windows Update It requires me to turn on something specific I turn it on There are important updates It downloads two of them It gives me an error for the other downloads My computer restarts I am now unable to find Windows Update to turn it on I am now no longer able to turn on the internet I am uncertain which Windows services need to be on or off I am uncertain if I should follow these steps http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html since I am uncertain if this is a malware problem Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows has a 20 minute load time. Virus software doesn't find anything. Solved by disabling all windows services. How to f...

4 months old and is it still under warranty and bought brand new? I heard staples has a bad reputation atleast for a customer who posted his experience on some threads online.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/432321/windows-has-a-20-minute-load-time-virus-software-doesnt-find-anything-solved-by-disabling-all-windows-services-how-to-figure-out-which-to-enable/
Relevancy 33.54%

Sorry about the post in the wrong forum I recently ran a virus scan with AVG on my windows xp and the scan went perfectly well and it healed everything It did this all automatically and then said it needed to restart I restarted the computer and it loaded windows but it seems to be stopping in the middle of starting windows It Windows restarted XP fully AVG8 won't load now windows Ran shows my Windows XP Ran AVG8 restarted now windows won't load fully wall paper but it does not bring up any start menus or icons I left it alone for about an hour and it did nothing I took a look at the task manager and it seems like it's trying to load but something isn't letting it I like to think of it as a skipping record At least that what it looks like when I take a look at the CPU usage I tired to do a system restore but it seems to do nothing I actually tried this on more than one occasion and the second time I only saw one restore point and it was a point that was when my computer was not working I Windows XP Ran AVG8 restarted now windows won't load fully know that's not super technical but I did get the dds log Unfortunately I don't have my XP disc anymore my old room mate stole it I did recently try to update zone alarm and that's really when things started getting strange I was able to get things back to normal at least what I though was normal when I did the virus scan Windows XP Ran AVG8 restarted now windows won't load fully DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by prPDMF at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Outdated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINDOWS system ntvdm exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings prPDMF Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com mStart Page about blank mWindow Title Microsoft Internet Explorer presented by Comcast uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File uURLSearchHooks H - No File mURLSearchHooks H - No File mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe userinit exe c windows system ntos exe EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun winos exe c windows winos exe mRun UpdReg c windows UpdReg EXE mRun sdkvj exe c windows sdkvj exe mRun ntjc exe c windows ntjc exe mRun NeroFilterCheck c program files common files nero lib NeroCheck exe mRun NBKeyScan quot c program files nero nero nero backitup NBKeyScan exe quot mRun CTEMON EXE quot quot h mRun iexplore exe c program files internet explorer iexplore exe mRun iKeyWorks c progra labtec keyboard Ikeymain exe mRun iTunesHelper quot c program files itunes iTunesHelper exe quot mRun KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun apivu exe c windows apivu exe mRun AppleSyncNotifier c program files common files apple mobile device support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe mRun avast c progra alwils avast ashDisp exe mRun Jet Detection quot c program files creative sblive program ADGJDet exe quot mRun RegistryMechanic mRun WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE mRun winlog winlog exe mRunOnce lt NO NAME gt mRunOnce Restore c window... Read more

A:Windows XP Ran AVG8 restarted now windows won't load fully

I fixed the problem and now I have windows loading correctly but I want to make sure everything is fine. Are there specific programs that need to run at startup when I look at my msconfig tool? I see a lot of stuff that looks crazy and I can't tell if it's something that is a problem or not. I ended up finding my fix for the previous problem here http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1117849180. I don't know if I am allowed to post that link but if it helps someone else out great. If not then I guess tell me to delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199932/windows-xp-ran-avg8-restarted-now-windows-wont-load-fully/
Relevancy 33.54%

After scanning with Microsoft Security Essentials, I was informed that an infection existed that required me to run Windows Defender Offline. 
The Windows Defender scan revealed a total of 30 items which needed to be cleaned.  The only name I recall was Alureon Trojan.  I ran Defender and recevied the message that the clean up was successful.
However, I am now unable to load windows.  It fails over and over.  I have tried to repair via start up repair and using the reformatting option via Dell Data Safe, and restoring to an earlier point.  None of these has been successful.  It will begin to load Windows then stop and tell me it can not load. 

I ran farbar/recover/scan tool and received the attached log:

I would appreciate any assistance.

A:Windows will not load after running windows Defender offline

I'm sorry...I attached the log and then in another posters thread saw the instruction to simply copy and paste.  Below is the log text.   Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST.txt) (x64) Version: 18-06-2013 02Ran by SYSTEM on 19-06-2013 09:21:21Running from F:\Windows 7 Home Premium (X64) OS Language: English(US)Internet Explorer Version 8Boot Mode: RecoveryThe current controlset is ControlSet001ATTENTION!:=====> FRST is updated to run from normal or Safe mode to produce a full FRST.txt log and an extra Addition.txt log.==================== Registry (Whitelisted) ==================HKLM\...\RunOnce: [*Restore] C:\Windows\system32\rstrui.exe /RUNONCE [296960 2009-07-13] (Microsoft Corporation)Winlogon\Notify\GoToAssist: C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon_x64.dll [X]HKLM-x32\...\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe" [148888 2009-12-21] (Sun Microsystems, Inc.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [35696 2009-02-27] (Adobe Systems Incorporated)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Dell DataSafe Online] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Online\DataSafeOnline.exe" /m [1779952 2009-09-11] ()HKLM-x32\...\Run: [PDVDDXSrv] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exe" [140520 2009-06-24] (CyberLink Corp.)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Dell Webcam Central] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell Webcam\Dell Webcam Central\WebcamDell2.exe" /mode2 [409744 2009-06-24] (Creative Technology Ltd)HKLM-x32\...\Run: [Desktop Disc Tool] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Roxio\Roxio Burn\RoxioBurnLauncher.exe" [494064 2009-06-18] ()Startup: C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dell Dock First Run.lnkShortcutTarget: Dell Dock First Run.lnk -> C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe (Stardock Corporation)Startup: C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Dell Dock First Run.lnkShortcutTarget: Dell Dock First Run.lnk -> C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe (Stardock Corporation)==================== Services (Whitelisted) =================S2 mcmscsvc; C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe [865832 2009-05-01] (McAfee, Inc.)S3 McSysmon; C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe [606736 2009-06-16] (McAfee, Inc.)S4 MpfService; C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe [893112 2009-06-09] (McAfee, Inc.)S2 0163141261414440mcinstcleanup; C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\016314~1.EXE C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\McAfee\INSTAL~1\cleanup.ini -cleanup -nolog -service [x]S4 McNASvc; %CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe [x]S3 McODS; %PROGRAMFILES%\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe [x]S4 McProxy; %CommonProgramFiles(x86)%\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe [x]S3 McShield; "%PROGRAMFILES%\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe" [x]==================== Drivers (Whitelisted) ====================S3 mfeavfk; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mfeavfk.sys [102600 2009-06-18] (McAfee, Inc.)S3 mfebopk; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mfebopk.sys [41032 2009-06-18] (McAfee, Inc.)S1 mfehidk; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mfehidk.sys [307400 2009-06-18] (McAfee, Inc.)S3 mferkdk; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mferkdk.sys [40904 2009-06-18] (McAfee, Inc.)S3 mfesmfk; C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mfesmfk.sys [49480 2009-06-18] (McAfee, Inc.)S1 MPFP; C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Mpfp.sys [176144 2009-04-09] (McAfee, Inc.)S3 VIACRX64; C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\viacr64.sys [100864 2009-07-14] (VIA Technologies, Inc.              )==================== NetSvcs (Whitelisted) ======================================= One Month Created Files and Folders ========2013-06-19 09:21 - 2013-06-19 09:21 - 00000000 ____D C:\FRST2013-06-18 22:20 - 2013-06-18 22:20 - 00000000 ____D C:\Emergency2013-06-18 22:12 - 2013-06-18 22:20 - 00000000 ____D C:\Windows\SMINST==================== One Month Modified Files and Folde... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498516/windows-will-not-load-after-running-windows-defender-offline/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a problem loading many things such as windows update, the windows search(the search within windows) and some other things. I think it may be active x or something, but it is enabled in IE so I'm not sure what the problem is.

This is a fairly old computer. I just recently had a problem with Windows Activiation, but I've had it for years. The window would not load for activation so I ended up using a crack. I ran virus scans with AVG and the such and cleaned up the computer.

A:Can't load windows update, windows search, and other things

Updates are probably being an issue due to the crack - if that's the case, we're unable to support you.

If you copy is legal, all you have to do is contact Microsoft for valid key :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-load-windows-update-windows-search-and-other-things-97600.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, i have a dell inspiron 1545 installed with windows 7. I started it this morning and installed the latest version of free AVAST virus protection which then told me to restart the computer. So after doing this, It didn't load properly after taking my password and came up with a blank screen. So i manually turned my computer off after having waited for it to load (which it never did) now when i turn it on it comes up with the 'windows error recovery' screen. I have tried every alternative way of booting it up including 'safe mode' all which didn't work and the screen ended up blank every time. I must have tried it at least 15 times but still had no joy. Please help???? is there anything i can do without taking the computer to pieces???
Thanks
Ollie

A:Windows 7 doesn't load after 'windows error recovery'

I assume that also "last good configuration" didn't work. I do not know what went wrong, but it's sounding like a "Recover to factory defaults" or a new install may be your only choices.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-doesnt-load-after-windows-error-recovery.997435/
Relevancy 33.54%

Ive been having some windows issues as of late and last night my PC just decided to no longer boot to windows When I try and boot into safe mode with and without networking when it gets cant load access Linux Windows HDD windows, fails from to loading Windows fails load windows, cant access HDD from Linux CLASSPNP SYS it says quot Please Wait quot but sits and does nothing it will eventually load the repair program and do a scan looking to see what the problem with the computer is It doesnt ever find anything I try and boot to windows normally and it just sits and the Starting WIndows screen for ever The Windows Logo is pulsing so i know it hasnt froze up When I try and Launch Startup repair it doesnt ever find anything wrong So at this point Ive given up on this install of windows and want to get my files off So I throw in a copy of Knoppix and boot the live DVD It boots without fail Only when I try and access my HDD that has windows installed I have two HDDs in my computer one for windows and programs the other mainly for media storage it wont let me access it Ive tried follow tuts online to allow me to access the drive but nothing work Is there anything I can do at this point to allow me to get my data off the drive or repair it to boot If I have to reinstall I can but would rather not have to till I get my data off the drive

A:Windows fails load windows, cant access HDD from Linux

See this tutorial by theog on sevenforums.com for a neat trick to use to allow you to Copy & Paste from the Recovery Console to save files and folders.

Should be able to save your data that way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227879-windows-fails-load-windows-cant-access-hdd-linux.html
Relevancy 33.54%

On logon, I'm getting the following:

Windows cannot load profile, but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

The system has attempted to restore a file into the registry but the specified file is not in a registry file.

(This message appears with a 30 second countdown)

A:Windows 2k logon message: Windows cannot load profile

Here's the M$ site which addresses this known problem.

You may end up with a new profile in which case you can drag and drop your information/data from the old profile to the new one.

Note of caution use copy and not move as I have seen the new profile be eliminated on the next login. Better yet make a backup of your data as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2k-logon-message-windows-cannot-load-profile.163440/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello. Sorry if this has already been addressed before but none of the things I've tried myself or online have worked.

Last night I accidentally switched off the power strip my computer is plugged into. Ever since, it won't load past the Starting Windows screen. It even does the little sound that plays when you get to the sign in screen, but my screen remains blank. I can use the computer in safe mode. I've tried a system restore, malware bytes, using the last good configuration etc I'm not sure what else to do. The computer was just given to me the other day so I do not know any of the specs on it. Please help if you can. Thank you.

A:Windows won't load past Starting Windows screen

Does the starting windows screen have animation all the time? Or does it become blank all of a sudden? Is there still a mouse cursor? Or is there a text cursor?

Safe mode works as expected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327476-windows-wont-load-past-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Boot time has lengthened along with the mount of windows lag time (time it takes services and programs to load). Before everything was loaded and operational in less than 10 seconds. Now it takes over 30 seconds for all services to operate.

There are only two programs checked for startup on my IBM Thinkpad R50e Windows XP Professional: tp4.exe amd ctfmon.exe.

What is also strange is whenlooking at task manager and processes that are running the user name column stays blank for a long time. I only have 33-35 procresses running on this computer. When first entering Windows only 19 are loaded. It then takes 30 seconds for the remaining 12 to 13 to load.

If there is no behavior that is typically associated with viruses, spyware and malware in general what is causing this? rootkit or trojan?

I look forward to your reply and opinion

A:Windows Services Take too long to load After entering Windows

Greetings and Welcome to The Forums!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your malware problems.I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster.NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of heartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.These are the programs I would like you to run next, if you have any problems with these just skip it and run the next one.-Security Check-Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.-AdwCleaner-Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete.Confirm each time with Ok.Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.--RogueKiller-- Download & SAVE to your Desktop RogueKiller or from here
Quit all programs that you may have started. Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan! For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start. Wait until Prescan has finished ... Then Click on "Scan" button Wait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete" Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished" Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476398/windows-services-take-too-long-to-load-after-entering-windows/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all I've been researching on how to fix this problem all Windows Ubuntu cannot alongside Windows I After load 7, installing day and I haven't made any progress Hopefully you guys can help I installed Ubuntu alongside Windows on my little sister's HP Mini and Ubuntu is up and running like a champ but when I select to boot Windows I get only a blinking cursor After installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 7, I cannot load Windows I made a Windows repair disk and used Bootrec exe to try and fix the MBR which I thought was probably the issue At first I used only the command FixMbr and then when I booted I got a screen with a lot of text Unfortunately I don't remember what it said now but it was something along the lines of Windows not being able to boot I have since used the commands fixboot and RebuildBCD after backing up my BCD as detailed in this Microsoft article I now only ever see a blinking cursor in the top left corner I am unable to get to a boot selection menu I really have no idea what to do now and I'm having extreme difficulty finding out what to do from here I really appreciate any help you are able to lend Thanks

A:After installing Ubuntu alongside Windows 7, I cannot load Windows

are you still able to boot to ubuntu after trying those fixes? also did you create your own partitions for linux or did you let ubuntu create them? finally was win 7 the original os that came with the computer?

if you are able to boot to linux, go to the file explorer (not sure of what it is called in ubuntu - same as windows explorer) and make sure the windows partition is there. if not able to boot to linux, boot to the ubuntu live disk and check.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/after-installing-ubuntu-alongside-windows-7-i-cannot-load-windows-903369.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Wouldn't even let me post a message to this forum.

Testing again!

A:Windows update won't load, windows running slow NEED HELP.....PLEASE!

Why can't I post anything other than simple stuff????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/windows-update-wont-load-windows-running-slow-need-help-please-501883.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I was suckered into the free windows upgrade for windows re-load, Windows e-mail fail, won't 7 10 send my laptop It failed utterly and have paid my local IT shop for the upgrade to be wiped and windows re-loaded They advised don't try to upgrade again I have two e-mail accounts Both worked perfectly before the failed upgrade After the re-load - one works perfectly The other will receive but not send The error Windows 10 fail, windows 7 re-load, e-mail won't send message is - Server error Server response smtp service not available Server smtp hosts co uk Windows Live Mail error ID x CCC F Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL Yes After lengthy emails with website e-mail provider the settings for incoming and outgoing are all correct but still won't send We changed passwords port settings made unsecure etc Back to my local IT shop On their wifi it sends and receives no problem Back home try to send and it still fails ISP is Virgin Media min conversation with their tech man He can't solve and says the problem is not at their end It seems to me though that it probably is It's been going on now for weeks It's my business e-mail I can't send on I'm pretty fed up with the amount of wasted time cost etc Biggest mistake I made was to accept the free upgrade Anyone else had this and resolved the challenge Windows 10 fail, windows 7 re-load, e-mail won't send Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/386926-windows-10-fail-windows-7-re-load-e-mail-wont-send.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all I am new to this forum amp I am hoping you will be able to help me with a few problems I m having with my PC This seems to be an intermittant problem but it happens more often than not When I boot up the pc no matter who s login i use mine or the wifes when the desktop loads the taskbar processes: defrag won't Itunes wont up + but either frozen Taskbar shows in load load down the bottom is frozen When i move the mouse over it there is just a hour glass Also certain programs won t load up like I-tunes or the defrag yet when i go into processes the itunes exe is showing Internet explorer seems to work ok I have Avira anti-virus amp I am using Adaware Spybot amp Taskbar frozen + Itunes wont load but shows up in processes: defrag won't load either spywareguard My system details are Windows XP sp here is my hijack this log Please help me amp thank you in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Virtual CD v SDK system vcssecs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS Temp Temporary Internet Files Content IE D OLNFR SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system MSIEXEC exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system MsiExec exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk ig hl en R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Packard Bell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-frozen-itunes-wont-load-but-shows-up-in-processes-defrag-wont-load-either.859023/
Relevancy 33.11%

Our users have IE and We keep them locked into place by pointing IE to our firewall product tools gt internet options gt pages just - load to for 1-hour+ Users no unable websites are error, load times connections gt lan settings so that only approved sites are the ones that our people can access In the last few days several of them report issues with specific websites loading very slowly - load times of over an hour just to get the log-in screen to appear Troubleshooting Steps Unchecked the quot use proxy server for your LAN quot under the IE menus--- Site resolves instantly as it should--- This pointed me to the direction that perhaps the site wasn t configured for our firewall Re-checked the quot use proxy server quot box and specifically configured the site in our firewall--- Site continues to resolve slowly with Users are unable to load websites - no error, just 1-hour+ load times for pages the same load times as before performing step That would normally indicate that the problem is on the vendor s end Something may be wrong with their site And that s the Users are unable to load websites - no error, just 1-hour+ load times for pages line of thought I was pursuing until I was reported back to that the users are having the same problem on other websites These new websites they re having problems with are and have been for a long time configured properly in the firewall I m not sure what my next step is to pursue What am I looking for now I don t know enough about networking to figure out where to track next

A:Users are unable to load websites - no error, just 1-hour+ load times for pages

Bump.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387038/users-are-unable-to-load-websites-no-error-just-1-hour-load-times-for-pages/
Relevancy 33.11%

My son is playing runescape on the web and gets this error.

System in running Windows XP SP2

any ideas? Goggle searches seem to indicate that a 16 bit program may be having issues with Xp but nothing I can place my fnger on to fix.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

A:Win16 subsystem load failure cannot load critical screen resources from wow32.dll

Look at this link, scroll down to Correcting the WOW32.DLL Application Error in Windows XP
http://support.mfm.com/support/troub...run/wow32.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win16-subsystem-load-failure-cannot-load-critical-screen-resources-from-wow32-dll-60512.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Computer just turned off automatically today and it will not load past the begining load screen with the Alien Head load screen where you can press f2 and enter setup or f12 to boot options. I cannot load safe mode or remove the battery as it does not have any place to access it.
Windows 7. Alienware m14x.

A:Alienware Laptop wont load past Alien Head Load Screen

Any fans running, any post beeps? Your laptop does not have a CMOS battery. Try removing the chargeable battery and power adapter. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in just the power adapter and try powering up the machine again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/alienware-laptop-wont-load-past-alien-head-load-screen-660209.html
Relevancy 33.11%

WTF?

When I start the game "DiRT", press enter, the message like that, saying, that load profile is aborted, appears. Why? What I did wrong? Is this a bug in the game? I dont want to create a new profile. I wanna go on, but I can't because of this stupid issue.

Im running windows XP SP2. 2.33 GHz / 1,98 GB of RAM / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

I have a patch 1.2 installed to my DiRT.

Hope somebody will answer.

Cheers,
S.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dirt-load-process-complete-load-aborted-read-error.616550/
Relevancy 33.11%

windows 7 just fine. It doesn't cycle, it just shuts down the one time after POST/Loading OS then after it turns itself back on after a few seconds, it goes into Windows just fine. Seems to be a unique problem as I have yet to find an answer.

This is a newly built computer and everything checks out fine besides this glitch.

Gigabyte GA-P55 USB3 mobo
XFX HD6870 gpu
Intel i5 750 cpu
Antec 650W psu
120gb SSD (primary)
640gb HDD (WD Caviar Black) data drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-after-initial-os-load-turns-itself-back-on-and-proceeds-to-load.156730/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have a dell 810 laptop. I know I can reload the OS but it would have to be a clean install. I dont have all the software for some of the programs on my laptop.

My desktop wont load,but I can use task mngr to access programs.Once I do that the desktop loads as normal. Any suggestions?

A:in 2000 my desktop wont load. Must use task mngr to open programs then icons load.

Have a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256194

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-2000-my-desktop-wont-load-must-use-task-mngr-to-open-programs-then-icons-load.128176/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have downloaded and run ad-aware and spybot s amp d I am running in XP on a PIII with MB RAM Thanks for reviewing Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss programs/load delay webpages increasing to load Solved: exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv Solved: increasing delay to load programs/load webpages exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Internet Security GUARDDOG EXE Solved: increasing delay to load programs/load webpages C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files McAfee McAfee Internet Security GUARDDOG EXE C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Avsynmgr exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C PROGRA Iomega System ActivityDisk exe C Program Files Norton Utilities NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan VsStat exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Firewall CPD Solved: increasing delay to load programs/load webpages EXE C Program Files McAfee McAfee Firewall CPD EXE C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan VsStat exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Vshwin exe C Program Files Common Files Network Associates McShield Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan Avconsol exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IncMail exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Guardian CMGrdian exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee Shared Components Instant Updater RuLaunch exe C Program Files Webshots WebshotsTray exe C Program Files Exif Launcher QuickDCF exe C Program Files Webshots WebshotsTray exe C Program Files Norton Utilities SYSDOC EXE C WINDOWS system netdde exe C WINDOWS system clipsrv exe C Documents and Settings Default Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB rnathchk exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home eastlink ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www EZbid com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http keyword netscape com keyword s R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c windows SYSTEM blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - D DFF D -B B- -B - C C C B - no file N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www ns sympatico ca quot C Program Files Netscape Users home prefs js O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - -F - FDD- FAB- E - C WINDOWS System rvnwkgdi dll O - BHO no name - A C AD - E D- A - F- D ABD A - C WINDOWS SYSTEM vszjeowy dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files ycomp dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - ACB E - - C -A - B A A CB - C Program Files McAfee McAfee VirusScan VSCShellExtension dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run IncrediMail C PROGRA INCRED bin IncMail exe c O - HKLM Run McAfee Guardian qu... Read more

A:Solved: increasing delay to load programs/load webpages

Try a few of these preformance tweaks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-increasing-delay-to-load-programs-load-webpages.172015/
Relevancy 32.68%

Im having this issue when I go to my Music folder/library in windows there is either no album art (in this case no icons in place of the album art either to suggest if its an mp3 or what not), or it takes a really long time for the album art to load on every peace of music. I have also tried to search on google about this problem. No luck probably because I'm rubbish at searching

ill really appreciate it if someone can help me out.

Here is a screen shot about what I'm on about ---->

Text in image: Files that have no album art still have the file type icon on them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Album art takes long to load or doesn't load at all in explorer.exe

Welcome aboard, ksbansal

If you dont have adequate RAM/free RAM to generate the arts, it happens. Let us know the size of your ram, and you need to run this test, too.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209177-album-art-takes-long-load-doesnt-load-all-explorer-exe.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Looking for help I ve recently completed a new build and can only get WinXP to boot but not Win First my components ASUS P Z -V Pro MB Intel i K Kingston HyperX Ram GB KHX C C K GX GeForce GT used from prior WinXP, can New Pro Can't load but P8Z68-V ASUS load Win7 build, MB system Seagate Barracuda GB from prior Maxtor GB from prior PS is W not sure of brand off hand My hard drives were previously partitioned Can't load Win7 but can load WinXP, New build, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro MB as follows The Seagate had a primary GB boot partition with Can't load Win7 but can load WinXP, New build, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro MB Windows and the remainder as a backup partition The Maxtor has a small GB partition with Win XP as a back up in case of primary drive failure with the remainder of the drive used as my main data partition Assembly seemed to go fine but on first boot simply went to a black screen after post I flash updated to most recent Bios and disconnected the Maxtor drive At this point could get to the boot screen But no matter what option Can't load Win7 but can load WinXP, New build, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro MB I chose normal startup safe mode repair last known working configuration it would go to black screen with quot Starting Windows quot and would either hang here or sometimes the loading animations with the colored flags would just begin to start and then I d get a blue screen When attempting safe mode I would get a blue screen amidst loading drivers At this point I put in the Win installation disk Whether I select repair or new installation it will say loading files then go to blue screen after the quot Starting Windows quot displayed At this point I stripped the build down to complete barebones removed graphics card dropped down to stick of RAM disconnected all extra USB ports firewire etc I switched over to the Maxtor HD I went ahead and formatted the WinXP partition the MBR was messed up and attempted a reinstall of WinXP This went just fine and easily booted into WinXP I then added back in the RAM graphics card and extra ports and still booted into XP without a problem I switched back to the Seagate Win but still found I was unable to boot Win with the same hang or BSOD I again switched back to the Maxtor HD and thought I d try to format the XP partition and install Win on that drive After booting from the Win CD and selecting new install no luck-- again it states it is loading files then goes BSOD after showing the quot Starting Windows quot text I m stuck- for whatever reason the system doesn t seem to agree with Win I m guessing either a MB or Bios issue I m hoping some bright soul out there will have some insight or ideas Thanks much for reading and sharing any thoughts you may have Cheers- nbsp

A:Can't load Win7 but can load WinXP, New build, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro MB

OK, I am not following was this an existing win7 install that you expect to boot with a new mb OR did you clean install win7 with the new board?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-load-win7-but-can-load-winxp-new-build-asus-p8z68-v-pro-mb.1032686/
Relevancy 32.68%

About load sites are some fine Some browser not load, partially, will - independent most weeks ago I noticed Some sites will not load, some load partially, most are fine - browser independent that my yahoo mail was not loading correctly Since then I have discovered that several websites will not load at all My wife's laptop with xp has no issues with the same sites Yahoo sites load partially displaying only text and text links While searching for remedies I found yahoo answers that appeared like there might be useful information but could not get them to load either Two other example sites that do not load at all www irs gov www buzzfeed com daves the-world-isnt-such-a-bad-place Firefox reports that they failed to load Chrome reports that there was no data received I have Avast AV running have tried clearing any and all rootkits Tried Malware bytes tried flushing the DNS cache And as far as I can tell I am virus free yet nothing has helped I even tried looking up the IP address of irs gov using nslookup and could not get any of the returned IP addresses to load I thought it may be a DNS issue but I appear to be using reliable DNS servers and Any ideas as to what may be causing my system to refuse to download specific web sites

A:Some sites will not load, some load partially, most are fine - browser independent

and welcome to the Forum

Will those sites open with IE?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/some-sites-will-not-load-some-load-partially-most-are-fine-browser-independent-777450.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi there and hope everyones well I have a Dell VOSTRO INTEL CORE DUO T DISPLAY quot WIDESCREEN WXGA X will Browsers etc website will etc Solved: Google microsoft load but not load FB, RESOURCE DVD VOSTRO DIAGNOSTICS amp MEMORY MB X MHZ DDR DUAL HARD DRIVE GB SERIAL ATA RPM OPTICAL DRIVE X DVD -RW DRIVE INCLUD POWER Solved: Browsers will not load microsoft website but will load FB, Google etc etc DVD - VISTA amp XP POWER CORD WIRE W AC ADAPTER BATTERY PRIMARY -CELL W HR LI-ION GRAPHICS INTEL INTEGRATED GMA X WIRELESS EMEA DELL WIRELESS The problem I am having is that my browsers will not load www microsoft com webpage I DL Hijack this and did a scan Please see Hijack this log report below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Application Updater ApplicationUpdater exe C Program Files Mobile Broadband Connect BecHelperService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files O Micro Flash Memory Card Driver o flash exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Uniblue DriverScanner dsmonitor exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index j YYgb amp ptb B A -FA A- -A A- A C D R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer optimized for Bing and MSN R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local lt local gt R - URLSearchHook pdfforge Toolbar - B D - D - A B-AE - A DA - C Program Files pdfforge Toolbar IE pdfforgeToolbarIE dll R - URLSearchHook FreeSoundRecorder Toolbar - b df - - - a - cebb e b - C Program Files FreeSoundRecorder prxtbFree dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO FreeSoundRecorder - b df - - - a - cebb e b - C Program Files FreeSoundRecorder prxtbFree dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolb... Read more

A:Solved: Browsers will not load microsoft website but will load FB, Google etc etc

Either it's a problem server side for them, which would be an issue with your IP,
or a process/service altered some of your core system settings on your end which blocks the microsoft website for some reason....., you can try a different IP address just to make sure it's not server side for them, and then if that doesn't work I am not sure what to tell you other than reinstalling all browsers, and eventually refromatting if reinstalling browsers does not work.

IF it is an IP issue it could be something with your network, if a network admin blocked the microsoft website, or even theoretically your ISP if there was a strange issue with them, however that would be rare.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-browsers-will-not-load-microsoft-website-but-will-load-fb-google-etc-etc.1094335/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have always worked in Chrome. My work page won't load anymore, as of last week. I tried it in Internet Explorer, and then tried FireFox. Chrome and Internet Explorer both say the problem is with the site, not with my computer or my firewall. FireFox says the site may be busy and can't be contacted. Every other employee, including my husband's computer in the next room, can load this site.
I have tweaked my proxy settings to allow automatic connections. I have disabled Kaspersky and Ad Mucher. I have done three progressively early system restores, to times when I was able to load the web page. I have turned the computer on and off after each new fix I tried. Nothing has worked.
Any suggestions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/383021-cant-load-my-work-site-any-browser-all-other-sites-load-fine.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Internet access is very slow It takes up to minutes to get Slowly, Sites Extrememly Fully Internet Don't and Load Load a page to load and I have to hit Reload - times before a site finally loads When it does Firefox still shows the site as loading This problem appeared after one of three events On the same day I downloaded Babylon and FoxLingo I have uninstalled both and removed and remaining registry Internet Sites Load Extrememly Slowly, and Don't Load Fully entries I also received an email from my fan site on Ning I am an author requesting approval for a blog post The link took me to my fan site but there was no blog posted I discovered it was the usual spam for male enhancement drugs but perhaps it was hiding a more malicious virus I cleaned up my Ning site Internet Sites Load Extrememly Slowly, and Don't Load Fully and notified them I have had the problem since I ran AdAware and AVG and only came up with minor cookies I also ran SDFix including catchme and got hits I ran Malwarebytes which only showed the SDFix files and low-level threats I also ran HiJackThis but the log showed nothing that should not be present All that leads me here I have followed the procedure in the Prep Guide FYI-I had to run GMER times It caused my system to freeze the first two times it finished scanning which took over hours Outside of the Internet my computer runs other software smoothly I have a brand new ASUS MB GBHD AMD chip and GB DD memory-less than months old I m also running ZoneAlarm DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exesvchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system CTSvcCDA EXEC Program Files FileZilla Server FileZilla server exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exec WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files ASUS EPU- Engine FourEngine exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exeC Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exeC Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files WordWeb wweb exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXEC Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS AudioHQ AHQTBU EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files Nero Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program BackWeb- exeC Program Files CursorXP CursorXP exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource RemoteControl RcMan exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet g series Bin hpoavn exeC Documents and Se... Read more

A:Internet Sites Load Extrememly Slowly, and Don't Load Fully

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimizedPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303490/internet-sites-load-extrememly-slowly-and-dont-load-fully/
Relevancy 32.68%

Greetings gurus. Internet trouble. As the title says, my mail will not load in any browser. Page load is very slow and most things time out at least once. AT&T ran line tests on DSL and everything was clean. Not sure how this could be. Speedtest was run many times and no probs. I even did some gaming which strains everything with no problems. I'm open to the possibility of a virus. Ran Avira and MBAM but haven't gone further. Strangely the wife's Facebook games are a no-go. Also, wireless devices work fine. Heeeeelp!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491279/email-wont-load-slow-page-load-speedtest-fine/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,

Laptop is a Samsung R510 running Vista.

When it is switched on, it gets stuck on the Samsung BIOS load screen. The F2 (Setup) and F4 (Recovery) buttons don't work unless they are pressed straight away. But when they are pressed it says 'Please Wait', but nothing happens.

I have changed the CMOS battery, but it hasn't helped.

I have also taken the hard drive out and turned it on, still the same.  Each RAM stick has been tried on its own, and it is still the same.

Can anyone help?

A:Laptop Stuck On BIOS Load Screen/Won't Load Vista

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode?

Start tapping the F8 key immediately after pressing the power button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513423/laptop-stuck-on-bios-load-screenwont-load-vista/
Relevancy 32.68%

Cross post from http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -windows store windows-store-wont-load-on-windows- -enterprise f df e -ff - f-bbd -b ce b In the past week I have been unable to launch the Windows Store app It just opens and spins endlessly on the loading screen I'm not sure if its related but in the last week my company had DNS issues that they fixed although I'm not sure what was involved in the fix I have searched and tried numerous fixes at this point and no result and am close to doing a Windows Refresh and starting over but I'm worried about losing saved app data specific to games or apps that will be lost that I believe is saved locally I have tried Running the App troubleshoot for Windows app - Which it tells me Service Registration is missing or corrupt Digging in it says the BITS is already started which is why it couldn't be restarted Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter if found and fixed issues with BITS service is already started one with a RootCause of RC DataStore and error code x Running the Microsoft Account Troubleshooter - Gave me a quot Can t connect to Sync service quot and quot Rootcauses found and created logs quot Although I suspect its because my work blocks MS sync which is why I am unable to sign into xbox live services at work Store still doesn't work on home network I have verified that I am not using a proxy on Store Windows 8.1 load won't Windows Enterprise server for LAN I have tried Wsreset exe - Just spins still I have Windows Store won't load on Windows 8.1 Enterprise sfc scannow - Told me it found corrupt files but was unable too fix all of them Looking at the log file it says I had CSI Payload Corruption which was not fixed quot amd prncacla inf bf ad e none ba d b f Amd CNBJ DPB Repair failed Missing replacement payload quot Tried a different user both microsoft and local as well as un-linking and linking the MS account to my domain account Tried running powershell command quot powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register Env SystemRoot WinStore AppxManifest xml quot Verified I have no Windows updates to install and tried to use the command line to install updates behind the scenes Checked my date and time was correct Anything in this list that looks suspicious or anything else I can try

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f4cbed12-715f-49f8-ae58-e7e274961be1/windows-store-wont-load-on-windows-81-enterprise?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello I'm fairly new here,

As to the issue: I turn on my computer and confronted with a screen that reads, "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

It then displays two options: "Launch Start Up repair" or "Start Windows Normally." Regardless of which one I choose, the monitor ends up going blank a few seconds later after a loading bar or Windows logo. Nothing happens after that, just blackness on the monitor.

I have tried going into the F8 options, and unfortunately none of them appear to be working. Safe mode, Low resolution, Repair your computer, and all others seem to fail. I have misplaced my Windows 7 Discs in the process of moving from one house to another and I am unable to get to the discs for a recovery.

Is there any other way to fix this?

Thanks for any responses!

A:Windows 7 Start up error, Windows will not load at all?

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation DVD, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here: Dell Community.
Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/270050-windows-7-start-up-error-windows-will-not-load-all.html
Relevancy 32.68%

My HP notebook shut down a few days ago and when I turned it on it took an unusually long time to boot After a My windows windows. to 8 notebook load HP fails while a blue screen with a frowning symbol on the top left of the screen flashes by before a screen with the Windows sign and the words Preparing automatic repair is there for less than a minute before it is replaced by one with the words Diagnosing your PC This screen is there My windows 8 HP notebook fails to load windows. for a long time before a blue on with the words automatic repair couldn t repair your PC with the options Advanced Options and Shut Down If I click advanced options it leads to a screen with Continue to Windows Troubleshoot Shut down and then continue the cycle repeats I have tried refresh automatic My windows 8 HP notebook fails to load windows. repair and everything else from the troubleshoot screen except for reset but when I try to continue to Windows the cycle repeats N B sometimes instead of the blue screen with the Windows sign and the words automatic repair couldn t repair your PC I get Windows failed to load try automatic repair It also leads to the screen with the options Continue to Windows Troubleshoot Shut down I don t have a recovery image at all nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-windows-8-hp-notebook-fails-to-load-windows.1163355/
Relevancy 32.68%

I get this error everytime I load windows I ve been looking around the site and doing some google searches and it appears that Windows stlbdist.dll cannot load Error: Windows XP this is some type of spyware or adware on my computer but from what I ve read so far the best bet is to post my quot Hijack This quot log and have someone tell me what to delete so here goes nothin Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files microsoft hardware dnetc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files ATI Technologies Windows XP Error: Windows cannot load stlbdist.dll HydraVision HydraDM exe C WINDOWS System ati mdxcx exe C WINDOWS System IEDriver IEDriver exe C WINDOWS uptodate exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB evntsvc exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mmtask exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zlclient exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C WINDOWS wt updater wcmdmgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS System winservn exe C Program Files SureSync SPISched exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C Windows XP Error: Windows cannot load stlbdist.dll WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C Program Files SureSync SPIAServ exe C WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system rdpclip exe C WINDOWS system logonui exe C WINDOWS system logon scr C Documents and Settings Nick Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar file C WINDOWS System sb htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http if searchcentrix com sidecat jsp p amp appid amp id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast High-Speed Internet O - BHO no name - B - B - A- F- A C AE - C WINDOWS bi dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - DDBB - - C - A- F F A C F - C WINDOWS System msiefr dll O - BHO no name - CF B - EEB- - C - EF F - no file O - BHO no name - E BD F- B D- E-DFF -EC BF D FA D - C WINDOWS gsim dll O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar no name - CF B - EEB- - C - EF F - no file O - Toolbar amp Search Toolbar - AD -FDDB- d f- -A - C Program Files Common Files OE toolbar dll O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXE O - HKLM Run Windows Update Files C Program Files microsoft hardware dnetc exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run HydraVisionDesktopManager C Program Files ATI Technologies HydraVision HydraDM exe O - HKLM Run ati mdxcx exe C WINDOWS System ati mdxcx exe O - HKLM Run CF B - EEB- - C - EF F rundll exe C WINDOWS System stlbdist DLL DllRunMain O - HKLM Run IEDrive... Read more

A:Windows XP Error: Windows cannot load stlbdist.dll

Welcome to TSG

1st...Click on the link below and it will download CWShredder. Close all browser windows, click on the cwshredder.exe and let it do it's thing.....

http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/junk/CWShredder.exe

When it is finished restart your computer.

I strongly recommend you install the folowing patches for the vulnerabilities that this hijacker exploits:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/ms03-011.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...in/ms03-011.asp

And the media player security update:
http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;828026

Download AdAware 6 181 from here: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Before you scan with AdAware, check for updates of the reference file by using the "webupdate".
Then ........

Make sure the following settings are made and on -------"ON=GREEN"
From main window :Click "Start" then " Activate in-depth scan"

Then......

Click "Use custom scanning options>Customize" and have these options on: "Scan within archives" ,"Scan active processes","Scan registry", "Deep scan registry" ,"Scan my IE Favorites for banned URL" and "Scan my host-files"

Then.........

Go to settings(the gear on top of AdAware)>Tweak>Scanning engine and tick "Unload recognized processes during scanning" and "Let windows remove files in use at next reboot"

Then...... click "proceed" to save your settings.

Now to scan itīs just to click the "Scan" button.

When scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose"select all" from the drop down menu)

Then
Download Spybot - Search & Destroy from http://security.kolla.de

After installing, first press Online, and search for, put a check mark at, and install all updates.
Next, close all Internet Explorer and OE windows, hit 'Check for Problems', and have SpyBot remove all it finds that is marked in RED

Run an online antivirus check from at least one and preferably 2 of the following sites....
http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

Then post a new HijackThis log to check what is left.

And when this is all clean...
Consider installing the following:

SpywareBlaster v2.6.1 and SpywareGuard v2.2, to prevent Active-X drive-by installations, as well as provide real-time browser hijacking protection: http://www.wilderssecurity.net/index.html

IE-SPYAD, a registry file that adds a long list of known "sites" to the Restricted Sites of your Internet Explorer: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~ehowes/resource.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-error-windows-cannot-load-stlbdist-dll.190801/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have tried to load windows XP Home edition onto my hard drive and it keeps stopping at the Starting Windows Setup stage and it will not load the complete programme. Can any one advise me.

Set up is :
Motherboard is a Foxconn CK804M01-6KS
Hard Drive Seagate U6 Model ST340810DA 40g Ultra ATA IDE.

Cable setup is motherboard, Blue connection, Grey Connector to IDE Drive and Black Connector to CD-ROM Drive which I believe is the proper connections.
Please can anyone help,
Regards
David

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi I am so sorry i posted image, lsass.exe Pro XP load bad Windows - windows can't in news i'm new to this obously I hope i'm in the rite area I have had my machine for Windows XP Pro lsass.exe - bad image, can't load windows years and seemingly flawless operation I am behind a cable modem and a Linksys router running Windows XP Pro SP Norton Internet security MSI K N Diamon Plus SLI ATX Motherboard AMD Windows XP Pro lsass.exe - bad image, can't load windows socket Athlon Windows XP Pro lsass.exe - bad image, can't load windows FX- CPU Kingston matched PC Dimms gig each total gigs MSI NX GTX SLI - MB DDR video card Western Digital gig Raptor HD Plextor DVD rom I just installed a new Ultra AP va UPS the day before my machine went south which came with monitoring software called UPSMON After installing i rebooted my machine and seemed fine The next day i was playing an online game moons and after about hrs my pc froze for a few seconds and was fine This happened times that i noticed and then my machine crashed Keyboard and mouse were inop forcing a reset reboot Upon rebooting the quot Windows quot screen was loading with the cyclops eye and stopped to a black screen Then a warning box appeared saying in the Blue headder quot lsass exe - Bad Image quot In the lower feild with a red quot X quot reads quot The application or DLL C Windows system DNSAPI dll is not a valid Windows image Please check this against your installation diskette quot I click on the quot OK quot buttom and got the black screen of death Mouse poniter functions and keyboard is dead A reset reboot is only way out Control Alt Delete had no effect I tried the F and Safe mode to the same end Forcing a reset reboot Using F and quot Last known Good Config Gives only choice and is the same out come Debugging mode has the same out come I tried the XP cd rom and the OS loads insallation files I select quot R quot for repair and get to a C windows Dos prompt I looked for files in C root C Windows and C windows system for Isass exe and did not find any I looked in the C windows system dir for lsass exe and found that file bytes The DNSAPI dll file is bytes But alas my brain is not crammed with the knowladge to go any further than this And no gaming is gona make this guy nuts Oh by the way im using my other PC to get to this forum But it is too slow and whimpy to play games Till i hear from ya tks and yikes and away

A:Windows XP Pro lsass.exe - bad image, can't load windows

Today i pulled the hard drive out and scanned it with the same Norton ver on the spare machine. (Norton offers 3 PC's on same purchace)

Out come was that Norton claims the drive is clean of bugs. and Norton was able to access the drive and files, as i watched the files wizz by.

I put the drive back in the machine. The problem remains and hasn't changed. Not that i thought it would.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-pro-lsass-exe-bad-image-cant-load-windows-267892.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help or advise me? In the last week my laptop has turned its self of then cant load windows, this has happened twice! Ive done 2 fresh reinstalls of windows and all seems fine until it happens again! What could be the cause of this?

A:Windows/laptop turning of then cant load windows PLEASE HELP

How are your Temps ? ?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157859.0.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a very simple web page that automatically updates daily. However, very often when I view it I just get the version that is in my browser cache rather than the latest version from the web. I have to do a manual refresh from the browser to see the latest version. Not a problem for me, but other viewers of the page may not realize they aren't seeing the latest information.

Is there an HTML tag or some such that can be included in the page that will force a refresh and override any old version that the viewer may still have in their browser cache?

Relevancy 32.68%

Hello everyone, thank you so much in advance

i recently built my first pc and thinking it would be an epic replacment to my old one i have instead been frustrated by BSOD and cant figure it out myself so i came hear for help.

most of the times i get it i am playing something like Far Cry 3 but i occasionaly get it playing alot less demanding games like Wow or even just streaming movies.

i have corsair h100i for my cpu cooler and i noticed my asus z97-k was reading at 118c so i thought maybe that was it and purchased 4 sp120 to load my case with to increase the airflow on the motherboard but it still runs at 118c and im still geting the BSOD

i have attatched a bunch of dump files

A:BSOD Under heavy load and occasianaly under low load, 0x00000000124

Hello Retaliate, Welcome to Sevenforums!

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800738c028, bf800000, 124}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Processing initial command '!analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck'
2: kd> !analyze -v;r;kv;lmtn;lmtsmn;.bugcheck
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800738c028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: farcry3_d3d11.

CURRENT_IRQL: f

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17298 (debuggers(dbg).141024-1500) amd64fre
2: kd> !errrec fffffa800738c028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa800738c028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01d02768354dd646
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 1/4/2015 1:00:39 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa800738c0a8
Section @ fffffa800738c180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 0
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000002

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa800738c0f0
Section @ fffffa800738c240
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000002
CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 02 - bf fb da 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa800738c240

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa800738c138
Section @ fffffa800738c2c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264

Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 1)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357250-bsod-under-heavy-load-occasianaly-under-low-load-0x00000000124.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I've tried scanning my friends computer with CCleaner and Spybot as To Don't Load Error/websites Load Application Fails well as anti-virus and nothing was solved The computer prompts quot Application Failed to Load quot errors upon log in Then a program called PhotoGallery tries to install automatically but fails repeatedly There is no internet Application Fails To Load Error/websites Don't Load connection either The wireless signal shows it is connected but it can not load any websites Application Fails To Load Error/websites Don't Load Here is the HiJackThis log please be aware that I probably will not be able to get to the computer until at least Friday at the latest So please list every step to follow Application Fails To Load Error/websites Don't Load in order so I can take proper and prompts action so I don't hold up anyones time Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exeC Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NvMixerTray exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeG iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - Toolbar AIM Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dllO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run NvMixerTray C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NvMixerTray exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run HP Software Upd... Read more

A:Application Fails To Load Error/websites Don't Load

::Edit::Replied to the following topic about issue.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic14717-30.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161545/application-fails-to-load-errorwebsites-dont-load/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have HP Envy m -n dx windows -bit nbsp I got the windows blue screen then when the windows attempted to restart a black scrren showed up and windows did not boot I tried several things but nothing worked Here is a list of what I have tried nbsp I did a hard reset nbsp I made sure the batery and the AC adaptor are not the problem nbsp I tried pressing the ESC seveal times after powering the device but nothing happened to load the safe mode nbsp I tried to restore the bios by pressing the windows and B keys and then pressing and then releasing load, not Diagnostics does screen, Black BIOS load not does the power botton and continue to press the other two keys When I do that I can see the hard drive light comes on for a few seconds then the screen lights but it stays blank I contine to press the two keys for - minutes but nothing shows on the screen Then when I release the windows and the B keys the screen goes dark and the power buttoon continues to light The power goes off if I press the power button for several seconds I tired this several Black screen, BIOS does not load, Diagnostics does not load times nbsp I tried step but with a USB drive The same happened nbsp I tried pressing the power button then the nbsp F key several times The screen continued to be black nbsp I tried the pressing the windows key P Nothing happened nbsp I tried to run HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI from a USB but the screen remaind black nbsp I tried to load the safe mode from a USB but the screen remained black nbsp If there is anything else I can try please let me know nbsp Could the motherboard be the problem I bought the laptop about a month ago so it is still relatively new nbsp Please help nbsp

A:Black screen, BIOS does not load, Diagnostics does not load

It sounds like some sort of hardware failure, possibly hard drive. You have a 1 yr warranty with HP. Scroll down on the page here to start a request for service. You will be given your contact options:https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-ENVY-m7-n100-Notebook-PC-(Touch)/9365082/model/93...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-BIOS-does-not-load-Diagnostics-does-not-load/td-p/5826321
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm having trouble loading windows XP HE on my computer...computer starts up and goes to the load options screen...with start windows normally, start windows in safe mode, start from last known good config... whenever i choose anyone of those it returns to the dell computer start up screen, beeps and there's a message that comes up that has keyboard error at the bottom...

not sure what my problem is, so if anyone could help out it would be well appreciated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-load-windows-xp.626773/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am running Windows XP Pro and it will not load properly. The Windows logo comes up with the progress bar running underneath and it will just stay that way for hours. Nothing ever loads. I have to use the F8 menu and use the "last known good config" to use the system. I have gone into the repair mode and run a chkdsk and fixboot but nothing is helping. I also updated to the latest BIOS just to be sure but the problems stays. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Relevancy 32.68%

I am currently attempting to do a clean install with windows 7 OEM on a new WD 250 Gig HD. I also installed a brand new DVD rom. BIOS sees both drives and I set the boot sequence DVD first then HD. I fired up the machine and the DVD reads the windows DVD and starts to install files. When it atempts to start windows it hangs up and just sits there on the starting windows screen with no activity. Am I missing something? Why won't it boot up?

Help
Blutksman

A:windows 7 won't load from DVD

Could be many things at this point: Did you initialize the new HD? Apply formatting before install using Custom>Drive tools?

Try installing with only 2 gb memory. Test your memory.

Try resetting the CMOS in BIOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

Now check SATA controller setting in BIOS. Try ACHI first, then IDE if neccessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/72332-windows-7-wont-load-dvd.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all I hope i can get help from you guys here and thanks a lot I m a software developers that working with C My problems is after i finish my software development Windows XP won't load i jump to testing phase and found a great problems that makes myself crazy everything about my software is ok except uninstall mode After i uninstall my software and then restart when log on to windows password or desktop windows will automatically log off it s very very weird because i already view my code and found no bugs and i did nt use any core operating system module My expected is maybe got something wrong with the windows registry because after i did this Copy C windows repair system C windows system config system Copy C windows repair sam C windows system Windows XP won't load config sam Copy C windows repair default C windows system config default Copy C windows repair security C windows system config security Copy C windows repair software C windows system config software Windows will work as usual But still i got know idea because i cannot see where is the error Please let me know how to solve this problems and exchange the idea with u guys Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-load.464090/
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm new and not totally computer savvy although I did manage to build my computer a month ago and it has been great until now Upon booting up the computer goes through the normal screen that shows you stuff the black screens with text After it says quot Verifying DMI Pool Data quot it should go to the windows loading screen it doesn't It then says windows did not shut down correctly or something like that and to install the windows cd and repair I put load will Windows not the CD in and it will not see that it is there At least it won't go to the screen it continually says it didn't shut down correctly I cannot go into safemode or any of the choices actually I can push F to go into that screen so the countdown to rebooting will stop happening I also Windows will not load can go into BIOS Here is my system ABIT IP Pro LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA Processor G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Western Digital Caviar RE GB RPM SATA Gb s HD EVGA GeForce GT Superclocked MB PCI LITE-ON X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Thermaltake W RU W Power Supply Vista bit Floppy Thanks in Windows will not load advance

A:Windows will not load

Hi CarolineRDH, welcome to TSF..

have you tried resetting the CMOS memory? If not, disconnect PC power and remove all power cables...as you have built your own system, i'm sure you're already aware of the need to ground yourself before touching the board or any components. Then remove the motherboard battery for about half an hour then put it back and see if you're able to boot or at least access bios then please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-will-not-load-210463.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a HP Pavilion ZV Laptop with mb Ram mhz AMD Athlon processor with Windows XP Service Pack The HP screen comes up and says esc to change boot menu f for setup and f to boot from LAN Without pressing anything the splash screen does not load Instead it is a blank black screen with a blinking cursor at the top left hand corner I ve tried inserting the windows recovery disc and the drivers load and then it freezes when it gets to quot setup is starting windows quot I tried hitting the f option and starting it under the standard pc option but it load. Windows will not shutsdown a few seconds after it gets to the quot setup is starting windows quot I get the last known configuration screen to load every now and then Safe mode freezes after the quot mup sys Windows will not load. quot loads Safe mode networking freezes after the quot mup sys quot loads Safe mode Command Prompt freezes after the quot mup sys quot loads Last known configuration freezes with a blank screen NO cursor Start up normaly freezes with a blank screen NO cursor I also tried loading up a different OS such as Ubuntu and many older newer version cd s will not load with it I ve tried doing a lot of searching but I have no clue what to do anymore S

A:Windows will not load.

A few questions:

Did this problem suddenly show up on boot up following a normal shutdown?

Have you disconnected everything from your system (i.e., no printer, cable modem, router, etc.,) to see if your system will start normally?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193859/windows-will-not-load/
Relevancy 32.68%

Ok so there is a long stream of things that happened however my largest problem at the moment would be that I can only run my computer in safe mode Now I have just tried to run this program to erase smitfraud-c from my computer and I went away When I came back the thing had closed and I was prompted to stay in safe mode or use system restore The program I had run was SmitfraudFix and it made another folder called smitRem Basically I followed the directions I was given and went from scanning to going into safe mode to delete the files Load? Windows Won't Xp or so I thought Maybe Windows Xp Won't Load? it is a fine program however now I m stuck out of the normal computer section So after this is fixed I have to deal with smitfraud and some viruses that Windows Xp Won't Load? it let dodge in such as SystemDoctor ASAP help would be sooo appreciated I ll be trying to watch this as much as possible and refresh Thanks again Moderator Edit Moved topic to the more appropriate forum AnimalThe problem comes directly from the OS not working properly now the smitfraud-c virus thing is not wat I am worried about at the moment So it should be in the OS section no

A:Windows Xp Won't Load?

Ok, so I just glanced over most of the 'smitfraudfix' thread and I realisedI need to do that to fix i I guess. Is there anyway though that I can fix it without buying a new CD? Maybe download the Windows OS or something from somewhere? :/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98718/windows-xp-wont-load/
Relevancy 32.68%

Get this screen A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your load windows won't computer PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA If this is the firts time you ve windows won't load seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If windows won't load this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacuturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options suchas caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x xFFFFFFF x x E x Beginning Dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance I have a Celeron I haven t installed any software or hadware in a long time It will let me get to the user sign on screen but then when it s seconds into starting windows it goes to the infamous blue screen please help I am looking to try and get some stuff off of the hard drive to put it on another computer Is there a way to network in without starting windows on this computer nbsp

A:windows won't load

Can you get into Safe Mode? Press F8 just as XP begins to start.

Also, if possibly try using only 1 stick of RAM if you multiple sticks or try another piece of RAM.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load.178821/
Relevancy 32.68%

I got a pentium 2 here 300mhz with 128m of ram with a 6 gig hard drive. I'm trying to load Windows XP PRO... and will will not load at first it frozes up and when i restart and try it again i get an error... here's the error: ***STOP:0x00000024(0x001902F8,0xFC8F2BB0,0xFC8F28B0,0xFC331554)
*** Ntfs.sys - Address FC331554 base at FC2EB000,Datestamp 3b7dc5d0

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Can anyone help me out with that or just tell me whats wrong why does it do that?

A:will not load windows xp pro

Sounds like a corrupt XP installation. Just try reinstall it and tell us what happens. If that doesn't help, you may have to replace the hard drive.

Your system specs are just over the recommended specs!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-not-load-windows-xp-pro.371788/
Relevancy 32.68%

Firstly, when I first managed to login into Windows, a pop up say that I had a corrupt file. I did not bothered and turn off the com. Later I cannot load my Windows anymore.

Relevancy 32.68%

guys, please help. i have laptop, now it wont load windows. i already try to go to restore point, but it said there's no restore point. in cmd promp, it read 'x:\' not 'c:\'

I have no cd installer. just try to fix from f8 option (forgot the name, its on the top option...)

please, need ur support.

I'm afraid if this doesn't fix it, I doubt I have the knowledge to assist further, so fingers crossed :/
Is there a USB drive plugged into it? Also, try taking out and putting the hard drive back in (make sure you remove the power cable and battery before doing so to avoid damage)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/157852-windows-wont-load.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a desktop computer that windows will not load. I recently reinstalled windows xp. After the installation I was able to see the desktop. Installed multiple drivers and the computer restarted with no issues. Now for some reason it won't get passed the windows xp screen with the loading bar. Afterthat screen the computer restarts and gives me the option to start windows in Safe mode, Last known good configuration, or start winsows normally. After letting it loop multiple times I turned the computer off.

Now when I turn the computer on, nothing. The screen is just black... Could this have had something to do with when I installed service pack 2? I'm unable to access the bios or load from any other drive...

What could be causing this?

Relevancy 32.68%

when i turn my computer on it has a black screen and it says quot Checking flie system on C The type of fie system is NTFS Then it appears to load Window files but stops at windows system drivers crcdisk sys It stays there for awhile and then goes to a blank screen with only load won't Windows the arrow visible I have tried to start in Windows won't load safe mode I have performed full system scans Windows won't load and repair that took hours to complete When done Windows won't load it says it was successful but then the it starts this whole process over again I was on My space when it completely knocked me off the internet and now Windows will not load i have tried system restore it will not work I am beside myself Have any ideas as to what I can do to repair Windows Vista is the os Please help Will definitely donate if I can fix this I really hate to take it somewhere but that will be my next option Thanks in advance for anything you can tell me nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

I am working on a HP Pavilion with windows x When starting the computer it makes it to the windows icon and not load? Windows will a blue screen flashes and causes restart It will not boot in safe mode either I ran kapersky rescue cd ver and it found several instances of rootkits and viruses It still is doing Windows will not load? the same thing I ran Hiren s bootcd in mini xp and then ran frst Here are the results Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt THE OPERATING SYSTEM IS A X SYSTEM BUT THE BOOT DISK THAT IS USED TO BOOT TO RECOVERY ENVIRONMENT IS A X SYSTEM DISK Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe - - Synaptics Incorporated HKLM Run SmartMenu ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP MediaSmart SmartMenu exe x HKLM Run SysTrayApp C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe - - IDT Inc HKU Cody Run Google Update quot C Users Cody AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c - - Google Inc HKU Cody Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe - - SUPERAntiSpyware com HKLM RunOnce Restore C Windows system rstrui exe RUNONCE - - Microsoft Corporation Tcpip Parameters DhcpNameServer Services Whitelisted SASCORE quot C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE quot - - SUPERAntiSpyware com AESTFilters C Windows will not load? Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf amd neutral c f a AESTSr exe - - Andrea Electronics Windows will not load? Corporation Apple Mobile Device quot C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe quot - - Apple Inc AVG Security Toolbar Service C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar ToolbarBroker exe - - AVGIDSAgent quot C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe quot - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o avgwd quot C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe quot - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o Bonjour Service quot C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe quot - - Apple Inc clr optimization v C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe - - Microsoft Corporation clr optimization v C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe - - Microsoft Corporation Com QLBEx quot C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons Com QLBEx exe quot - - Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P FontCache C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe - - Microsoft Corporation GameConsoleService quot C Program Files x HP Games My HP Game Console GameConsoleService exe quot - - WildTangent Inc hpqwmiex quot C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe quot - - Hewlett-Packard Development Company L P IDriverT quot C Program Files x Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exe quot - - Macrovision Corporation idsvc quot C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation LightScribeService quot C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe quot - - Hewlett-Packard Company McComponentHostService quot C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan McCHSvc exe quot - - McAfee Inc MozillaMaintenance quot C Program Files x Mozilla Maintenance Service maintenanceservice exe quot - - Mozilla Foundation NetTcpPortSharing quot C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation SMSvcHost exe quot - - Microsoft Corporation NetworkLog C Windows svcs exe - - odserv quot C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared OFFICE ODSERV EXE quot - - Microsoft Corporation ose quot C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE quot - - Microsoft Corporation PerfHost C Windows SysWow perfhost exe - - Microsoft Corporation Recovery Service for Windows C Program Files x SMINST BLService exe - - RichVideo quot C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe quot - - STacSV C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwr... Read more

A:Windows will not load?

Greetings Hadnjury and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary. If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance. Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me about it.
When you post your reply, do not use the button but use the button instead.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please allow me some time to review the information you have provided. I will post back as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473584/windows-will-not-load/
Relevancy 32.68%

I just get a black screen that says windows system configsystem is missing and tells me to do a repair from the original disc I can load won't windows t find the original disk computer is almost yrs old i called dell at and they sent me a disc they said may or may not help windows won't load i ran the cd but the repair did not work i was going to try the reinstall but was afraid of wiping everything out and was told i could copy stuff from my hard drive using another computer the trouble started when i was going to defrag and the thing told me to run chkdsk f so i did windows would not load after that can i just reinstall using the disk dell gave me they also told me to go online windows won't load to dell support and download drivers chipset audio video and network i guess AFTER i get back on to windows any advice THANKS TO ALL nbsp

Welcome to TSG....

Follow the instructions from Dell tech support and make a backup of all of the important data to anotehr media like CD-R's, DVD or other media that you prefer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load.650329/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am having a problem where Windows XP Media Center will not load past the Windows XP logo boot screen. This started arbitrarily the other day. What should I do while making sure I do not damage my files, which I may still be able to recover?

A:Windows will not Load

tap f8 when booting and from the options try
last known good configuration
then there is also
system restore to a point when all was ok
and
boot into the recovery console and try
fixboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-will-not-load-207722.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Forgive the lack of computer specs it was my brothers computer and I am not sure what the specs are I am load. XP Windows not will running XP pro and I believe it is Windows XP will not load. service pack at the very least Oh and I Windows XP will not load. have two hard drives set up in a raid and it is partitioned I can probably find out the processor and ram and whatnot if it is really important Considering how this all started I should probably post this in the spyware forums if so please direct me there Anyway onto the problem The other day I was browsing the internet and AVG popped up telling me that it detected malware I told it to move it to the vault and when it was done all my programs kept asking what to open them with After a quick google search I found out it was a registry error and I downloaded a file and fixed it Later on I got another malware message again I sent it to the vault and this time most of my programs and icons dissapeared I did a sytem restore and everything was back to normal Some time later another message popped up I don't remember if it was another malware message first or if it went straight to a message telling me that svchost exe needed debugging or something like that If I clicked cancel it just came back and if I hit ok it opened some debugging program which I didn't know what to do with So I just ignored it for a while and kept doing what I was doing When I was done I decided to just restart my computer hoping that would fix the error message Bad idea when it restarted it went through the POST just fine but just before the windows logo and loading screen would come up it sticks at a black screen I loaded up my xp install cd and after poking around the recovery console for a while with no sucess I tried doing a repair install hoping that would fix the problem But it only gets to and says quot copying driver cab quot when the computer suddenly restarts I have been searching google for days with no luck does anyone here have any ideas how I might be able to fix my computer Don't bother suggesting a format and re-install I refuse to lose everything Sorry for the run on paragraph I am bad about that

Relevancy 32.68%

I have a dell D laptop with windows XP home SP I Purchased and installed a GB stick of corsair ram giving the laptop a total of load Windows to Cannot get gigs The laptop worked the first time but the nd time it developed a problem of not letting me delete history or clear cookies as I would get this action has been canceled Cannot get Windows to load due to restrictions on the computer please contact the system administrator Click to expand and then I got a popup in the bottom right hand corner that said Windows-delayed write fail Windows was unable to save all the data for the file c program files logitech desktop messenger users user data l fcs the file has been lost this error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network please tr Click to expand and the rest is cut off the computer still worked normally at that point until I turned it off Now today It won t load at all It just stays on the loading screen I removed the and left the GB in and it still wouldn t load I even took out the GB and put the back in Nothing works Now after the load screen the screen goes black then I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing and then the computer shuts down and restarts Whats the problem I have a click-free automatic backup USB device but it won t work since the laptop won t load IS the computer shot Should I just stick it on the train tracks and have the train smash it That s how I feel right now this is the ram I got that caused this whole thing http www amazon com gp product B VNPNBQ ref oss product nbsp

A:Cannot get Windows to load

BUMP.

Some more info. According to another forum it appears the the memory clock speed was too fast. The RAM I installed was 800 MHZ instead of 400 or 533. I removed the new ram and re-installed the original back into slot A. No difference. Windows will not load not even into safe mode. The laptop boots up I get the windows loading screen and it will either stay there or after a while the screen will go black then the blue screen of death shows up for a couple seconds laptop shuts down and restarts. Any ideas on how to fix this. Is it fixable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-get-windows-to-load.958167/
Relevancy 32.68%

I need help the windows message says:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

\Windows\System\vgaoem.fon
Can someone please help me with this........thank you

A:Windows Will Not Load

To resolve this issue, use the Windows Recovery Console to extract the Vgaoem.fon file from the Windows XP compact disc to the Windows\System folder on your computer's hard disk. To do this, follow these steps: 1. Configure your computer to start from the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. For more information about how to do this, please refer to your computer's documentation or contact your computer manufacturer. 2. Insert the Windows XP compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then restart your computer. 3. When the Press any key to boot from CD dialog box is displayed, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP compact disc. 4. When the Welcome to Setup screen is displayed, press R to start the Recovery Console. 5. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, select the installation that you need to access from the Recovery Console. 6. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password, and then press ENTER. 7. At the command prompt, type map, and then press ENTER. Note the drive letter assigned to the computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive that contains the Windows XP compact disc. It is displayed in a format similar to the following:D: \Device\CdRom0 8. Type the following line, and then press ENTER (where CD-ROM drive is the letter of the CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive that contains the Windows XP compact disc, and drive is the letter of the drive on which Windows is installed):expand CD-ROM drive:\i386\vgaoem.fo_ drive:\windows\systemFor example, type the following: expand d:\i386\vgaoem.fo_ c:\windows\systemNote the underscore character after the "o" in "Vgaoem.fo_".You receive the following message: Vgaoem.fo_ 1 file(s) expanded. 9. Type exit.The computer restarts. 10. Remove the Windows XP compact disc from the computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive, and then start the computer normally. From Microsoft.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/89976/windows-will-not-load/
Relevancy 32.68%

About 3 days ago, I think I got a virus because when I tried to surf the web, open programs, installations or any exe, the computer would just restart (without the blue screen). My computer temperature/drivers are fine (I think). Other times, my screen would just freeze into vertical streaks of colors and then restart. I ran my computer in safe mode and it was fine, so I concluded that it might be a virus instead of a hardware problem.
As such, I tried reformatting my computer...set the boot priority to CD etc etc. The problem I am having is on the blue Windows Set Up screen...it would load all the drivers and such and when it gets to "Starting Windows" status, my computer screen would just turn black on me and the windows CD would stop. If anyone can help me figure out what is wrong, I would greatly appreciate it.

A:Windows won't load

please post your system configuration information like processor, motherboard, speeds, devices conencted in the system, any cards etc. what OS are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load.559750/
Relevancy 32.68%

My laptop won't load windows.  I get a "Recovery Manager" screen instead. When I check the box "launch check disk for the windows partition", it cycles through Stage 1, then freezes in Stage 2 at stage 80% and total 64%. The laptop was purchased new about 10 days ago.

Dannoah Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your new laptop being hung and wanted to help.ou should not be having problems with a PC this new.While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about diagnosing and repairing your machine remotely.I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!-------------------------------------------However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekend, so you may have to wait until Monday to contact them.------------------------------------------- Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-won-t-load/td-p/5667222
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi everyone, so to explain my problem :
I was surfing trought web when my pc started to use more memory like normaly so it was slower even when no applications were runing, i have hp pavilion dv6t- 1200 and suddenly it freezed. I dont have battery so i removed ac. Then pluged back in, pushed power button, i could hear fan and hdd but nothing happened, i can see leds and hear hdd and fan on startup but thats all...and i dont have display, my pc was connected via hdmi which started on logon screen so im not able to see any error or anything...i tried hard reset, removing rams and hdd and battery on mobo with no luck...i tried win key + b + power button to downgrade bios and leds start to flash 3 times and maybe 20 beeps...please help i dunno what to do :-\ any help will be appreciated

A:Windows will not load up

The motherboard is probably fried

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-will-not-load-up.169852/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi everyone,

I have a problem i need help with, the thing is, after some usual Microsoft updates on my Windows 7 Home premium, it refuses to load, stuck at "windows loading" right after bios loads, i have to shut down the PC and restart, and it loads, but then it installs the updates again, and the same thing happens, how do i solve this? Your help is greatly appreciated, i am not powering down my PC before this issue is solved.

Thanks again in advance,

CyberAlex1986

Relevancy 32.68%

dead i recently installed a new mobo cpu and ram with my old harddrives the computer starts no problem then I get a screen with we apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully yata yata yata It basically asks me to open windows in safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt last won't Windows load known good configuration or normally I have tried all of them and all my computer does is run with white lines horizontally Windows won't load at the bottom of this message Windows won't load and then after like minutes gives me a blue screen with an error I tried restarting from a floppy but the computer doesn t recognize it and my floppy Windows won't load drive green light is permanently on whether there is a disk in there or not I also tried inserting the cd for windows XP in and nothing I tried using only one hard drive the master in all its diferent configurations slave master etc and nothing What do I have to do Oh at one time it starts running these messages with multi disk rdisk partition windows system HELP nbsp

A:Windows won't load

your floppy ribbon cable is installed backwards, causing the light but no damage. you'll need to reformat and reinstall winodws, because of your recent hardware change. i'd use said drives on a different comp to get the data off if you need it.

to reinstall windows: go into your bios and set the boot order to cdrom first, then it will boot to the windows cd. after your first restart, set it back to the floppy, hard drive order.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-wont-load.21174/