Windows Support Forum

Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Q: Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Hi,

I've had real trouble locating this particular window in Windows 10. The only way I can get to it is if I create a manual entry for a wireless network. In Windows 7 you used to be able to get to it for existing wireless networks that I had previously connected to. Does anyone have any idea how to get to it? Many thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Where is the Wireless Network Properties window from W7?

Settings app > Network & Internet > WiFi > Manage known networks. Select a network, click Properties

Wireless Network Profiles - See in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/70127-where-wireless-network-properties-window-w7.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,
Please Help me to resolve this "ISSUE"

My wireless network Association, tab has changed completely to
Spanish, however, all other tabs remain in English
(authentication, connection). Also on the list of wireless
networks has information in Spanish (see images for details).
Its strange because I've never used Spanish EVER before in
anyway or form on my computer. I also reinstall wireless network
adapter Driver but problem is still There :-(

Please help me
Thanks in Advance
Regards

A:wireless network Properties

Who will help me to resolve this annoying problem!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-properties.980220/
Relevancy 65.36%

Please help me
my Wireless Network Connection Properties not can click!
me try Uninstall WNC Adapter on Device Manager
and reset IPV4, Winsock on CMD.
but still not can click. what is this problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382833-help-wireless-network-connection-properties-not-can-click.html
Relevancy 65.36%

The wireless network properties box is missing. I have a Satellite pro 4600 with Linksys card for wireless and every thing worked once before. I replaced the hard drive with a new one and rebuilt the system. After installing the Cisco PEAP supplicant software to be able to logon at the college the box is now missing. I've tracked the problem to the PEAP software overwriting files on Win2000 sp4.
Or so the masters at M/S claim. Their advice was to reinstall Sp4. This didn't work. All of the information I have for configuring wireless cards for Win2000 show this box and it was there the firt time I set up the system. I have reformatted the hard drive twice then Installed Win2000 pro and the Sp3 and Sp4 using two different Install cds. I did not install the PEAP supplicant and still no box.

Thanks Rezehk

A:Win2000 pro wireless network properties box missing

Did you install ALL the motherboard drivers for the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win2000-pro-wireless-network-properties-box-missing.311041/
Relevancy 64.5%

Is there a freeware program to view WZC profile information from the command line? I found one that allows you to display the profiles themselves, however to display the profile properties I haven't found one.

I could also use direct registry edits if I had to, using the reg command. The problem being, that it would appear that the information is stored in binary format, which I've got no idea how to even manually pull the profile name from. The only thing that information seems to give me, is the abillity to later manipulate the order of the networks, that is maybe. I don't need that part yet, but will later on. I guess, since viewing the profiles is so slow, direct registry edits "might" be preffered. This is WZC I'm concerned about, not any third party utillities. I'm using Windows XP, and it's SP2 or later.

A:View Wireless Network Properties from the Command Line

Researching further, it looks like nobody knows how to pull the information from the registry. I've got Windows XP, so netsh wlan won't work. It looks like this is leaving me now with 2 solutions to get some of this information.

Solution 1: Use some kind of programming API to get the information and display it from the command line. I've therefore heard that there seems to be an interface called the WZC native API. If that's true, how would you use it in AutoIt or in a BATCH file or in a VBScript? I've never used anything like it before, so I need detailed explanations of what the code does, except for that doesn't mean I need to know all the internals of every function. But I need to know how to use it. I know BATCH files well, but I don't really know the full VBScript or AutoIt languages, though I can make some of it's code out anyway.

Solution 2: Somehow maybe use AutoIt in another way to read the properties from the dialog box. I know from research that this is probably possible, but I don't know how to do it. And what I need to do, is hide all that visible clicking going on, even if I'm doing some clicking. That is - hide it from the end user. It's nice to see it moving on the screen, but I'd rather not see it if I were the end user, in this case.

Now keep in mind, that at this point, all I'm trying to implement in these programs, is a way to do exactly what you can already do in Windows XP by default (but it has to be compatible with Windows XP Home, Pro, and MCE), except for from the command line. This is just one small part of a larger picture. I'll then be able to use that command in my other parts of my code that I need it in. So my general rule that I need to follow, is if you can't do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you can't do it in this program. If you CAN do it in the Windows XP dialog boxes, you CAN do it in this program. But everything is from the command line, in the end result. If Windows XP already provides a command line, which in this case it doesn't, I should use it. If that's not possible, I should use the registry, but I guess that's not possible if nobody knows how. If that's not possible, I guess I'll try to use a VBScript, and if that's not possible, I'll try to use AutoIt. But the end result is a command line program.

I hope this starts to get me down the right track. It took this weekend to find this information so far.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-wireless-network-properties-from-the-command-line.774772/
Relevancy 64.07%

I wonder how I can disable my wireless network and view their WAN or Lan properties in windows 7. I can do it in windows xp myself though.

A:How I can disable/enable wireless network and view properties of Lan connection?

Hi have you looked in device manager

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-i-can-disable-enable-wireless-network-and-view-properties-of-lan-connection-557333.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and access window area "local properties" in properties Cannot connection quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv e also tried it jusing the administrator account But it didn t help What is causing this problem and how I fix it Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window.636065/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Im using vista ultimate x When i access the local area connection window where all the TCP IPv and TCP IPv are I am unable to click on properties on any of them yes i am the administartor By other words i am unable too access the access window Cannot in properties" area connection properties "local window where you can change the quot Obtain an ip adress automatically quot and quot obtain dns server address automatically quot options are When i sellect TCP IPv or TCP IPv the properties button is just gray As is the unnistall button When i hit the configure button i just get sendt back too the desktop I am Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window also unable to uncheck the TCP IPv or TCP IPv boxes on the left side of the names or any of the other stuff If I hit the install button and try too install i new protocoll i only get a error message saying quot windows cannot find the file quot Iv'e also tried it using the administrator account But it didn't help What is causing this problem and how Cannot access properties in "local area connection properties" window I fix it Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-properties-in-local-area-connection-properties-window-187331.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, I've experienced this issue about five times in the span of two weeks.

When my wireless connection isn't found, sometimes Windows is unresponsive when clicking on the wireless icon near my system clock. It shows either the empty bars with a yellow indicator or the empty bars with a red x. When I try to click and bring up the list of available networks, nothing happens. Even right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Explorer has given an error and needed to shut down three of the five times this error has happened.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

A:Wireless Network window freezes?

Quote: Originally Posted by rwkleinjr

Running Windows 7 Home Premium, I've experienced this issue about five times in the span of two weeks.

When my wireless connection isn't found, sometimes Windows is unresponsive when clicking on the wireless icon near my system clock. It shows either the empty bars with a yellow indicator or the empty bars with a red x. When I try to click and bring up the list of available networks, nothing happens. Even right-clicking doesn't do anything.

Explorer has given an error and needed to shut down three of the five times this error has happened.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Thanks!

hi and welcome

there are several things.
first if y ou are NOT using homegroup, you can disable IPv6. it is located in network and sharing.

Second next time it happens type cmd in search>type Ipconfig /flushdns, then ipconfig /renew. let us know if that helps

third
type device manager in search> go to the wifi tab. look for your wifi card, is it listed? does it have a yellow triangle on it? are there any other "unknown devices" with yellow on them?

Let us know the results
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/38556-wireless-network-window-freezes.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm trying to connect my Xbox 360 to my laptop, using Vista, and there is no "sharing"d tab to allow ICS, so It always fails the IP address test. I've tried every site and googled it multiple times but still haven't gotten a solution.

A:Solved: No "Sharing" tab in wireless network connection properties

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-sharing-tab-in-wireless-network-connection-properties.754170/
Relevancy 57.62%

i had to strip win10 from this laptop . . . . not suitable for my developed application. what a complex project for a machine have paid good money for! the only net drivers available are for win 10, but the mfgs must have suitable ones available for win 7. any idea who they are for the wireless and the lan chips? i can never go back to win 10 for this machine.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:lan and wireless network drivers for window 7 for HP Notebo...

Hi: According to the parts list for your notebook, it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=N0T83UA Here are the links to the W7 ethernet, wireless and bluetooth drivers you need. This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71001-71500/sp71268.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72932.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp73001-73500/sp73250.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/lan-and-wireless-network-drivers-for-window-7-for-HP/td-p/5827182
Relevancy 57.62%

Windows is unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again.

This message poped up during connecting to a wireless network

this information might be usefull

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayden Gilchrist>IPCONFIG/ALL

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : PC123911455270
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Networ
k Connection
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-18-DE-B5-17-5C

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connecti
on
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-36-B7-56-59

C:\Documents and Settings\Jayden Gilchrist>

Relevancy 57.62%

My quot Use window to configure my wireless network settings quot gets unchecked each time I reboot I then have to go into run services msc -- gt Wireless Zero configs and click Use wireless to my Solved: configure network window to start its always stopped then go to properties in wireless connections and recheck the box and wireless internet comes back I tried using a tech support service recommended by lynksys since I m out of warranty on my router stuff and that company they referred me to could not fix it after hours on phone amp phone calls They tried uninstalling all of my lynksys software including going into the registry and deleting references to it They ultimately said because i m using XP its no longer supported and they could do nothing further All this started when I installed new wireless Solved: Use window to configure my wireless network printer Brother MFC DW I couldn t get it working and set up and couldn t get the software to install This company couldn t either I called Brother they got it installed and recognizing printer and wireless connection within minutes but said my wireless problem was not their problem I really Solved: Use window to configure my wireless network feel like it was installing that Brother software that changed something because in the years I ve had this computer which I ve upgraded over years this has NEVER happened I have read other people post this same question but did not understand how they fixed it or if they fixed it I don t speak computer tek so hopefully someone can give me some instruction in lay English on where how to look for culprit I think its related to brother wireless printer Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

i'm trying to configure my network to connect automaticaly.
i right click the network on the network list, but there is only disconnect and status.
there is no "properties" option.
on another computer there is.
the user is admin and UAC is turned off.

F#&^$%

A:don't have the "properties" option for wireless network

Go to start > control panel > network

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78454-dont-have-properties-option-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a question

I set up a net work with a linksys wireless router probably a year ago or so and it has a wireless linksys router. It is connect with two windows xp home computers and a windows 2000 and a mac and a windows 98 my question is

They (above) are all wired I am adding two window vista's with wireless built in cards, Will they hook up automatically or do I have to change the workgroup on them and if so where do I change the work group and is there anything else I would have to do to add them. Thanks

A:Adding two window Vista basics to a wireless network

Assuming that you secured the wireless (preferably with WPA or WPA2) there will be no automatic connection. I do not remember whether the Vista default is to connect to any unsecured network or only to preferred networks. I think they got wise and made the latter the default, but I'm not at all sure.

If you want them to be in the same workgroup, then you will have to change the workgroup designation unless you named the workgroup "WORKGROUP." You change the workgroup on Vista similar to the way you do on XP--through the Properties of "Computer."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-two-window-vista-basics-to-a-wireless-network.705227/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a network here at work that is using an NT4.0 server. I have a computer that is running Windows 2000 pro that needs to logon to the domain through a wireless connection (running in a trailer in the parking lot). I can get everything to connect and work if I log into the workstation itself, however if I try to log onto the domain I get an error message indicating that the domain is not available. I know that XP has the ability to initialize the wireless connection prior to login but I can't find anyway to do this with W2K. I am using a Netgear WG121 USB (G) adapter with a Netgear WG602 access point. I have WEP turned on in the open mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-window-2000-with-a-wireless-network-adapter-to-logon-to-nt-domain.367190/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I m trying to set up network sharing with my Windows laptop advanced sharing settings freezes! network Wireless window and but I ve hit a wall after following guides In the sharing tab of the wireless connection properties window I can check the box to enable shared networking for my Local area connection but the guide I ve seen says I also need to go into advanced settings in the sharing tab as well to check the boxes of all needed networking protocols The only problem is that I can t get into advanced settings Every time I click the settings button in the sharing tab of my wireless connection properties a grey box saying quot please wait quot pops up and the window freezes I can never get past this please wit box and so I can t check the required boxes in advanced settings For reference here s the video guide I was watching http www youtube com watch v bALXVEDUd is where I get stuck Do you guys have any idea what could be causing this freeze and what can be done Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes! Also is there another way to check those boxes without going through that settings button Thanks nbsp

A:Wireless network sharing advanced settings window freezes!

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-sharing-advanced-settings-window-freezes.1074905/
Relevancy 55.9%

I've tried everything to get it back. In my network connections, it only shows my local area connection. I can't connect to a wireless network, and my wifi light on my keyboard isn't even lit.
I don't have any switches or buttons on my keyboard either that would allow me to enable or disable wireless internet.
I do have a wireless card built into my computer, and I have been able to connect to wireless networks for the three years that I've owned this laptop. It basically just stopped working a few weeks ago.
By the way, it's Windows XP. Anyone have any idea how to get my Wifi back?

A:Wireless Connection icon not showing in Network Connections window or Taskbar

Anyone have any idea how to get my Wifi back?Click to expand...

Let's see if we can find where it went.

What is listed under Network Adapters in Device Manager? What, if any, warnings or errors are anywhere in Device Manager?

What is the brand and model of your laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-icon-not-showing-in-network-connections-window-or-taskbar.956465/
Relevancy 53.32%

res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/dnserror.htm#http://leader.linkexchange.com/1029798962505/X919500/showiframe?

what does this mean

A:properties window question

kknowles
Please create one thread per problem to avoid confusion.
Closing thread duplicate.
http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=91983

Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/properties-window-question.91982/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, I have a problem .. again

I was following these steps until i need help on STEP 7 on this link:

http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

Well first, i went to Start>Control Panel>Network Connections and when I right-clicked on my Internet connection and i chose Properties, the Properties window showed up ..

but the Properties window disappeared.....
how can i fix this problem?

A:Why does my Properties window shuts off?

anyone!?

*sorry if double-posting isnt allowed here.....*

if responded, ill delete this post*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-my-properties-window-shuts-off.568713/
Relevancy 53.32%

Anyone know of a list of useful properties window extensions?

I have added a mediainfo tab and a file hashing tab and I quite like the idea of having useful apps right there.

A:Properties window tabs

Put to many and it can slow things down...
Moderation everything in moderation you'll live longer and healthier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/195825-properties-window-tabs.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Since I am new to the forum I'm not sure where my problem should be posted I am also not sure if it is a hardware or software related problem but here it is Suddenly when I try to appear window properties does Print dialog not print the print properties dialog window does not appear when i click on the Print properties dialog window does not appear properties button Print properties dialog window does not appear It tries to activate but immediately reverts back to the print window This occurs in both OpenOffice and LibreOffice both of which have previously worked fine for months I often print to both sides of the page echo print but can only print on one side default since I cannot change the properties The only thing I can recall that might have any bearing on the problem is that I had previously printed to a file - something I rarely do I checked the settings and quot print to file quot is not selected I am printing to a HP LaserJet Pro M MFP series PCL printer and am using Windows operating system I have tried reinstalling both word processing programs and have reset the printer to default settings and updated If anyone can help with this problem I would greatly appreciate your help

A:Print properties dialog window does not appear

Printers can be very frustrating to say the least. When I've had printer problems in the past, this is what has worked for me:

1. Unplug the power to the printer
2. Wait about 30 seconds or so
3. Plug it in and let it go through it's initialization
4. Then try it again

If that doesn't work, try reloading the printer driver from the HP site. If it still doesn't work, try a system restore back to the last time the printer was working successfully. That's about all the tricks I know for printers. Hope it helps ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/print-properties-dialog-window-does-not-appear-972561.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I speak french, so my english isn't perfect, if I wrote something you didn't understand, just tell me and I'll try to better explain.

I have a good computer knowledge, but the problem I have is very, very weird.
I was trying to do a test for the "indice de performance windows" (sorry I don't know the name in english, my windows 7 is french), but every time i right click properties on the "computer" window, they both disapear...
It's hard to explain, so I record it on my phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okY-ad_xIS4

Please, help me!
thanks and happy new year

A:Computer's properties window disapears

See if OPTION TWO in this tutorial helps: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Follow OPTION THREE and attach sfcdetails.txt in a new post in this thread.
(Use the paper clip icon just above the posting window to attach the file)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316831-computers-properties-window-disapears.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I am running WinXP, SP2. I have a Fellows Internet Touchpad installed. When I go to the Control Panel and select the Mouse, the standard Microsoft Mouse window opens instead of the Cirque Touchpad window. The mouse is identified correctly as a Cirque Ps2 Touchpad and the driver is correctly specified. The special functions of the touchpad are all working ok, however without being able to open up the correct properties window, I cannot make any changes. It used to work properly. I have tried uninstalling the touchpad driver and reinstalling the touchpad driver. That does not fix it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/53989/touchpad-gets-wrong-properties-window/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello. I have noticed a strange fact regarding my windows 7 32 bit operating system. When I delete some files in a folder, then go to properties, when i look at "Contains", it still shows the number of files i had before deletion, not the current number of files in that folder. Is there a way to repair this? Thanks in advance! (rebooted my pc, but with no success, if it is to mention)
BTW: Happy holidays

A:Strange occurence in properties window

Did you empty the Recycle Bin?

I don't see a "Contains" choice in any folder property menu. Can you tell me how you get to it, as following the directions you gave does not show it for me.

Maybe post a screen shot of it? Make sure the window you want to capture has the focus.
Press Alt+Print Screen. That will capture the active window.
Print Screen will capture the entire screen, including properties dialogs.
Start MSPaint - Start then Run, type mspaint and press Enter.
Press Ctrl+v to paste the picture in to MS Paint.
Click File then Save as and save it to your Desktop.

Start a new reply.
Click on the Browse button below the message input area.
Navigate to where you saved the picture, select it and click on Open.
Click on Attach This File.
Once uploaded, click on Add To Post to the far right of the uploaded file.
Scroll down and click Preview Post to verify the image shows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/204379-strange-occurence-properties-window.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey I ve just rebuilt my XP can't logging in out: properties change window! computer and reinstalled XP logging out: can't change in properties window! XP it s gone back to the default of logging me out after minutes of inactivity and I want to change that so it doesn t log me out at all However the properties window the one you reach by right clicking XP logging out: can't change in properties window! on the desktop XP logging out: can't change in properties window! is different to how it should be- when I first installed XP it was the normal window with the tabs for themes desktop screensaver appearance and settings However for some reason recently all it s doing is show the tabs for themes appearance and settings so I can t reach the power settings that should be under the screensaver tab I ve tried accessing power settings via the control panel but I can t seem to find anything to turn it off or change it- any help on this one And any help on getting my display properties window back to how it should be showing all the tabs Thanks nbsp

A:XP logging out: can't change in properties window!

copy this code into a notepad, save as restoretabs.reg

doubleclick restoretabs.reg and confirm import to registry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-logging-out-cant-change-in-properties-window.747838/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I insert a CD in either of my two drives the window that jumps up giving me the options of what program to use (CD Properties ) is maximized and takes up the whole screen. This just started happening. If I double click on the top blue titlebarlbar it goes back to it's smaller (normal) size. I tried holding down the ctrl. key and closing the window but the next time the computer boots it does the same thing. It is not possible to drag this type of window in any way. The only option for this type of window in the upper right corner is an X to close it. It may need a registry edit but I don't know how. To access a similar type window open "my computer, right click on any drive, the window that opens is the same type. Any help would be appreciated.
Alan

A:CD Properties Window wrong size

Minimize it again and this time hold down shift and close it off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-properties-window-wrong-size.307051/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I have been infested with ise Property Getting Keep Window On Ise32 Properties Startup window which keep appearing on window start Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup up I have scan my computer with Norton and Window defender but to Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup no avail I would appreciate your help to solve them problem Below is the Logfile I look forward to your reply Thank you Best reguards LeoComboFix - - - xiaoleo - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT Running from C Users xiaoleo Desktop ComboFix exe Created a new restore point Files Created from - - to - - - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Windows System Adobe - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Garena - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Hamachi Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Hamachi - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers hamachi sys - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Fujitsu - - - - --a------ C Windows System mcmde dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System EncDec dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System psisdecd dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System psisrndr ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System MSNP ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System Mpeg Data ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System MSDvbNP ax - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymIMV sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymRedir cat - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers SymRedir inf - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symtdi sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symfw sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symndisv sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symids sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symredrv sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System drivers symdns sys - - - - --a------ C Windows System GameUXLegacyGDFs dll - - - - --a------ C Windows System gameux dll Find M Report - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Skype - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming skypePM - - --------- d--h--w C Program Files InstallShield Installation Information - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Windows Mail - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT INF - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT SYS - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers SYMEVENT CAT - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Symantec - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Norton - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Microsoft Help - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Counter-Strike - - --------- d-----w C Program Files jGRASP - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator - - --------- d-----w C Program Files MSBuild - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Visual Studio - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Motive - - --------- d-----w C Users xiaoleo AppData Roaming Motive - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Motive - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Microsoft Silverlight - - ----a-w C Windows System wshrm dll - - ----a-w C Windows system drivers rmcast sys - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Apple Software Update - - ----a-w C Windows System quartz dll - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Adobe - - --------- d-----w C Program Files iTunes - - --------- d-----w C Program Files iPod - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Bonjour - - --------- d-----w C Program Files QuickTime - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Apple Computer - - --------- d-----w C Program Files Common Files Apple - - --------- d-----w C PROGRA Apple - - ----a-w C Windows System wininet dll - - ----a-w C Windows System iesetup dll - - ----a-w C Windows AppPatch iebrshim dll - - ----a-w C Windows System ieUnatt exe - - ----a-w C Users All Users ezsid dat - - ----a-w C PROGRA ezsid dat - - --sha-w C Program Files desktop ini Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Browser He... Read more

A:Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup

ComboFix logs should not to be posted outside the HijackThis forums. It is an extremely powerful tool which should only be used when instructed to do so by someone who has been properly trained. ComboFix is intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for private use. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again.Please create a new topic in the Am I infected? What do I do? forum, explaining the nature of your problem. Describe pop-ups and system tray or desktop icons that have appeared. Explain what is "going wrong" with your computer. Note any tools you have used and their respective results.If needed, we will direct you to our HJT Preparation Guide.Thank you for using BleepingComputer as your malware removal source.This topic is now closed. The BC Staff

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154417/keep-getting-ise32-properties-window-on-startup/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello,
I have been infested with ise32 Property window which keep appearing on window start up. I have scan my computer with Norton 360 and Window defender but to no avail. I am currently using window vista home. Please advice me what to do. I would appreciate your help to solve them problem.
I am looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Best reguards,

Leo

A:Keep Getting Ise32 Properties Window On Startup

It's not unusual to receive such an error after using tools to remove malware infection.A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads. To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.Right-click on the entry and choose delete.Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.IMPORTANT NOTE: ise32.exe is related to the family of worms and IRC backdoor Trojans. Backdoor Trojans, IRCBots and Infostealers are very dangerous because they provide a means of accessing a computer system that bypasses security mechanisms and steal sensitive information like passwords, personal and financial data which they send back to the hacker. Remote attackers use backdoor Trojans as part of an exploit to gain unauthorized access to a computer and take control of it without your knowledge. Read Danger: Remote Access Trojans.If your computer was used for online banking, has credit card information or other sensitive data on it, all passwords should be changed immediately to include those used for banking, email, eBay, paypal and online forums. You should consider them to be compromised. They should be changed by using a different computer and not the infected one. If not, an attacker may get the new passwords and transaction information. Banking and credit card institutions should be notified of the possible security breach. Because your computer was compromised please read How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud? Although the backdoor Trojan was identified and removed, your PC has likely been compromised and there is no way to be sure the computer can ever be trusted again. It is dangerous and incorrect to assume that because the backdoor Trojan has been removed the computer is now secure. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of malware, the best course of action is to wipe the drive clean, reformat and reinstall the OS. Please read "When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?" and "Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/154534/keep-getting-ise32-properties-window-on-startup/
Relevancy 52.89%

everytime windows loads, the windows 32 properties window come up. how do i stop this?

A:windows32 properties window on startup

1. Open Regedit
2. Browse to HKLM or HKCU then Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
3. Remove any entries that refer to Windows 32 or System32 or whatever.
4. Close Regedit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-on-startup.810820/
Relevancy 52.89%

Mod edit Moved to Malware Logs forum boopme All my desk top files open in a rt click window only properties and its very new I in open files window properties ran anti malware nothing found ran combo fix here are the results ComboFix - - files open in properties window - becky - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running from E ComboFix exeAV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Microsoft Security Essentials files open in properties window Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E files open in properties window BFDE SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgcebc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb background htmlc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb crossriderManifest jsonc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData manifest xmlc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins jsonc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins base jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins dealply m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins intext m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins jollywallet m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins corticas m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins icm m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins coupons intext ads m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins similar web m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins luck m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins intext adv m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins superfish no search no coupons m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins arcadi m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins revizer ws m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins revizer p m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins superfish pricora m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins CrossriderAppUtils jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins arcadi m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins getdeal m jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensions kikjpgpbpnapbimplfcbcbakjacpgceb extensionData plugins CrossriderUtils jsc users becky AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default Extensio... Read more

A:files open in properties window

should hav done it befor I used  adaware and it found the culprit  now I am up and running again Gosh I love this site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522550/files-open-in-properties-window/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all,
I've some users added to 'Network configuration operator' on Windows 7x64 Pro SP1 and they cannot open the properties dialog of network interface. I've tested the KB2157332 on Windows 7 x64 Pro
without SP1 and it works, but I cannot install it on W7SP1 computer, . I'm looking a SP1 version of the hotfix but I cannot find it. 
I've read
this and
this post but still getting the issue
Any idea to solve it?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd6896d1-1e9d-49ac-955a-2492179ed728/network-configuration-operator-cannot-open-the-properties-dialog-of-a-network-interface?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 52.46%

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

A:Explorer Crashes on loading Properties Window

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyUK

Quite a bizarre one - every time I try to view the properties of any file or folder, I'm met with:

"Explorer.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x02e1415b" referenced at "0x000000000". The momory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Has anyone even encountered this before? Searching the forums produced nothing.

Thank you very much for your time and effort - it's well appreciated.

Hi JohnnyUK have you seen this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp give it a shot. Also take a look at this http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...d_stp_hwpg.asp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-crashes-on-loading-properties-window-42813.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I turned on sharing for the C drive and added an Everyone group in Security to allow access to my other computer on my network. When I go to close the Properties window I a message that says "You are about to change the permissions settings on the root directory of the startup disk which can result in unexpected access problems and reduce security. Do you want to continue?".

I answered yes and it went through all the folders and gave an access denied message on system folders. After if was done I got the same message mentioned when I tried to exit the Properties window. So I removed sharing and the Everyone group. But I'm still in the same situation. I keep going through the same loop and can not exit the Properties window.

A:Can't exit Properties window for C drive after sharing

Open task manager and end the process all "explorer.exe" and "rundll32.exe"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-exit-properties-window-for-c-drive-after-sharing.830109/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a large number of files which I am changing the naming convention for in the Title detail and am getting frustrated having to right click for properties and anvigate tabs ebfore being able to change each one. I can see the Title of the files in the Details view of the folder they are in, but there cannot find a way to edit them in that view other than the manner previosuly stated.

That being said, does anyone know of a workaround that would allow me to change each title without aving to jump through hoops to edit them?

Thanks in advance.

-Clockwork

A:Wish to edit detail properties of files in window

Welcome to the Forums Clockwork,

So if I get it correctly you want to rename multiple files at once?
If so, go to the folder they are located in, click anywhere in the folder, hit crtl and a at the same time to select all the files and then hit F2

After that you'll see that the name banner of the first file in the folder turned empty. You can now type the name you want it to have in, and hit enter. It will change all the files to that name, followed up by a number.
Hope that that helps!
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291142-wish-edit-detail-properties-files-window.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I've been fighting properties window since I installed window 10...
I use this function a lot. The problem is the properties window opens in the background.
So I have to minimize all the windows I have open to see the properties window.
The weird thing is the properties window is the only one that does that, When I open a new
window of anything it opens in the forground.
Is there a way to force the properties window open in the forground...Thanks...

A:How to force the properties window open in the foreground!

I fixed it.. If anyone is having this same issue... This is what I used to fix my problem... It's for Windows 7 but it applies to windows 10...
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...6-aa3364b4b1a7

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39679-how-force-properties-window-open-foreground.html
Relevancy 52.46%

HelloI have been infested with Sys32 properties window which keep appearing on window start up. I have tried by Norton anti virus also but it never works. I would appeciate if you help me to solve this problem. Below is the window which appears:Sys 32 PropertiesType: ApplicationOrigin: S-1-5-21-1482476501-1644491937-682003330-1013Size: 0 bytesThanks and best regardsRajEdit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

The System32 folder opens at startup because of a corrupt system registry value. The value could have been corrupted for a number of reasons to include malware or installing/uninstalling a program from the Internet which did not install/uninstall itself properly.Click on the link below:http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htmScroll down to #260 and click "System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot" in the right column. You will be prompted to download xp_systems32opens.vbs. Save the file to your desktop and double-click on it to run the script. Since the script modifies certain registry settings you may receive an alert from your anti-virus or any script blocking program. Ignore the warning and allow it to continue.The problem could also be caused by empty run entries in your startup shortcuts which will open the system32 folder. Check the startup run registry entries and remove those entries. See System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows.These steps involves making changes in the registry. Always back up your registry before making any changes. If you are not familiar with working in the registry, then you should NOT attempt to make any changes on your own. Improper changes to the registry could adversely affect your computer and render it inoperable. ERUNT is an excellent FREE tool that allows you to to take a snapshot (backup) of your registry before making changes and restore it when needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/166169/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 52.46%

Everytime i turn on my computer Sys32 properties appears on the screen of my window, please help me solve the problem
below is the detailed discription of the problem

Sys 32 Properties

Type: Application

Origin: c-1-3-64-8794238531-8742492-9897532

Size: 0 bytes

Thank you again
so02

A:Window Sys32 Properties Appears On Opening

Have you checked to see if you are infected? Sometimes an infection will corrupt your onboard protection - so I suggest that you try these free, online scans: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/usas...?showentry=1252Also, could you please post a screen shot of what appears on your desktop? Here's a link on how to do that: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-take-and-share-a-screen-shot-in-windows/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199886/window-sys32-properties-appears-on-opening/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys This evening I went after startup pops (deleted!?) window Properties' up 'Windows32 onto my Windows Vista laptop just to browse the internet when I noticed this message pop up straight after I had booted up I saw that it had been deleted and I have no idea why Now I 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) m not an expert at computers but I knew this wasn t good so I clicked restore and I never saw it again However I restarted and noticed it again but I didn t click restore this time and as I went to download a file it wouldn t download something along the lines of exe couldn t be downloaded please contact administrator I don t think it can be serious because as soon as I restore it everything s back to normal but it is really annoying that after every statup this pops up Please can you help me rectify this and allow me to have a stressless time whilst browing on my laptop Thanks in advance nbsp

A:'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?)

Windows32 might be malware related. You might want to post your thread in the Malware Removal section.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-pops-up-after-startup-deleted.809699/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys I pops (deleted!?) startup 'Windows32 Properties' after window up posted this on the Software and Hardware forum but got told to try here This evening I went onto my Windows Vista laptop just to browse the internet when I noticed this message pop up straight after I had booted up I saw that it had been deleted and I have no idea why Now I m not an expert at computers but I knew this wasn t good so I clicked restore and I never saw it again However I restarted and noticed it again but I didn t click restore this time and as I went to download a file it wouldn t download something along the lines of exe couldn t be downloaded please contact administrator I don t think it can be serious because as soon as I restore it everything s back to normal but it is really annoying that after every statup this pops up Please can you help me rectify this and allow me to have a stressless time whilst browing on my laptop Thanks in advance EDIT Here is a Hijackthis log in case you need it Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader reader sl exe C Program Files Dell 'Windows32 Properties' window pops up after startup (deleted!?) MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Geek Squad Online Backup GeekSquadOnlineBackup exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Users Conor Program Files DNA btdna exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Hamachi hamachi exe C Program Files Sports Interactive Football Manager fm exe C Users Conor Downloads HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google co uk ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows32-properties-window-pops-up-after-startup-deleted.809700/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I have two questions that are not critical to the operation of my system but has been driving me crazy in an effort to research them to no avail The only thing that I am pretty sure of is that properties window Folder dialog Extra Tabs on the it Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window is a problem with the registry When I right click on a folder and then click properties the dialog window comes up with extra tabs This happens for every folder on my computer The extra tabs are the same tabs as the My Documents folder shortcut Target General and Sharing and the target window is C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents This results in Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window every folder having an extra General and Sharing tab and a Target tab with the My Documents target in it Interestingly enough the virtual folder that is listed in explorer for My Documents has only tabs but the My Documents folder inside Documents and Settings Owner the actual folder itself has the extra tabs just like every other folder A possibly connected problem is that the Add Remove section of the Control Panel no longer has the install dates or useage level for most programs The dates are in the HKLM uninstall registry keys but they are not being read for some reason I have been installing and uninstalling a lot of programs mostly antivirus antispyware firewall and utility programs in an effort to clean up and speed up my computer and test a lot of different applications This effort has been dramatically successful however I am left with these two minor but annoying issues I did have an issue a couple of weeks ago with being unable to install microsoft updates which cost me many hours of research and effort with the help of Microsoft Support but I managed to fix it partly with their help but mostly with web research Ended up re-installing Office I think this is when the issue of the missing install dates started as the installed programs since this time are showing the install date Any ideas especially about the extra tabs Screenshot is attached Thank you Sybrandus

A:Extra Tabs on the Folder properties dialog window

What happens if you click on one of the superfluous tabs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259636/extra-tabs-on-the-folder-properties-dialog-window/
Relevancy 51.6%

All my hard drives are tested as having no errors in "scan disk", but when attempting to make new folder and "renaming it", or when attempting to do a "properties" on any of my disks ... both cause the windows browser window to crash, and disappear.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438986-properties-selection-drive-crashes-browser-window.html
Relevancy 51.17%

When i right click on My Computer icon and click Properties, System Properties window open for a second and immediately closes. I have the same problem even if i try to open System Properties from Control Panel. How do i solve this problem without doing system restore. Keyboard volume keys also not working

A:Windows 8 Enterprise system properties window closes immed

Hi

Windows 8 enterprise edition is only available in large quantities and it is targeted to companies. Is your copy is legal ?. Have you used any activators which floating on internet ?. The symptoms you described are common with pirated copies.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34809-windows-8-enterprise-system-properties-window-closes-immed.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I ve used Calendar Creator Deluxe for a couple of years without problems but all of a sudden it crashes when I try to access the Properties window This happens using both right click and the menu The Properties window displays incompletely and then the dialog box pops up that says quot Calendar Creator has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I thought the calendar file - Windows? Window Problems Solved: or Properties Creator Calendar was corrupt so I created a new calendar Same problem I did a repair install Same problem I Solved: Properties Window Problems - Calendar Creator or Windows? uninstalled ran my reg cleaner Advanced System Optimizer and reinstalled It still crashes when the Properties window comes up In light of that history I suspect that the culprit may be Windows even though it only affects CC I ran ShellEx View and could not see any handlers that came specifically from Broderbund or anything that is specifically for the bcc file extension Any ideas on what could be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Properties Window Problems - Calendar Creator or Windows?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-properties-window-problems-calendar-creator-or-windows.579683/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

A:Can't access network properties,can't connect to network

Originally Posted by sogefurter

Hello, I just receive my new desktop with a brand new windows 8, after I successfully installed and activated windows it seems I can't connect to my network neither access its properties. I am actually using my phone as a wifi adaptor through easytether and I already tried to (re)install different driver for my Ethernet card but it makes no difference. I don't think easytether could be the cause but I can't connect to any bank website, facebook, hotmail, I can't download and install google chrome and I can't use windows update (I though it could have fix few of the issues). I don't know if I posted this thread in the right place since so many things are malfunctioning but I'll be glad to have a bit of help here. cheers

If you can post a screen shot of the ipconfig/all from this machine it would be most helpful.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28860-cant-access-network-properties-cant-connect-network.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone!

I tried to ignore this problem, but it has become increasingly frustrating when I have to work with files in Windows Explorer.

The problem is, when I right-click on a file and choose Properties, it takes 5-8 seconds to open the File Properties Window. Strangely, when I do the same with folders (Folder Properties) the window opens almost instantaneously as it should. I have tried to fiddle around with ShellExView but to no avail - after all, I assume that program is just for controlling context menu entries. I searched and googled but I couldn't find any similar problems, the closest I got was that software.

Do you know what's the problem? Thanks in advance! 

A:Windows Explorer takes 5-8 seconds to open a File Properties window!

You can keep disabling more non-microsoft extensions in shellexview and see if any of them are causing it (do a system backup first)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588418/windows-explorer-takes-5-8-seconds-to-open-a-file-properties-window/
Relevancy 50.74%

HP Pavilion dv Home Premium Bought January not sure if I have Vista update can't access System Properties to find out My issues started last night I noticed that my Sidebar was showing but nothing was in it I went to properties and there were no gadgets listed I tried downloading a new gadget but it wouldn't load I restored my computer to days ago Still had volume? window flashes access System Can't Properties, closed Shadow the same problem I also realized today that I have no access to Admin functions I can't right click my Computer icon and access system Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? properties I can't get the update Windows icon to check or update my windows I can't access quot User Groups quot from the control panel Also I have been getting two error messages consistently The Volume Shadow Copy service used by System Restore is not working For more information view the event log x Please close System Restore and try again AND MMC cannot open file c Windows System CompMgmt msc I did go to the run window and ran the following net user Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? administrator active yes I restarted and the Admin account loaded HOWEVER when I went to see the sidebar again it was empty and I had no access to system functions I am at a complete loss Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume? as to what to do I noticed that the computer has some of the symptoms of the Conficker virus but I have a good protector and I scanned my system and it said it was virus free That is at least enough information to get started Thank you in advance for any help you can offer short of reinstalling Vista I am out of ideas -Kat

A:Can't access System Properties, window flashes closed Shadow volume?

I solved this by downloading the second Vista patch and reinstalling it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231574-cant-access-system-properties-window-flashes-closed-shadow-volume.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I'm not really new to this vista System window desktop Personalize and disabled!! Properties, on control panel experience and all i have no serious problems encountered before aside from a few lags in the system when it starts or opens an application but just recently well yesterday I tried opening my system properties to run my OS in very minimal visual effects since it was running a little slow again I was not able to open the thing after right clicking the properties window in Computer also i have tried going to control panel but the only thing i can see after i click on the control panel button is a window with an empty space named windows explorer and it suddenly closed after like a second or so also i tried also opening my quot personalize quot on the desktop and it has the same response as with my control panel what probably is the problem with my computer i System Properties, Personalize window on desktop and control panel disabled!! read that it could be a malware but my anti-virus could not detect anything at all

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-properties-personalize-window-on-desktop-and-control-panel-disabled-339491.html
Relevancy 49.45%

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sal/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg[/IMG]hey im having a major issue that i know someone can fix!!

Please help!!

i just need to get into the properties tab that is grayed out. here is a screen shot.
what can i do to get access to this??

A:Cant get into wireless properties tab!! Please help!!

i still cant figure this out. i dont know if its something to do with administrator or what. i am the only person that uses this computer so i really dont know what else to do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/10911-cant-get-into-wireless-properties-tab-please-help.html
Relevancy 49.45%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.02%

i have two HD's, both with XP installed.
The old drive rarely gets used and does not have the problem.
The new drive is the main boot and its the one with the issue.
I have tried a few things that people posted on the net, but it has not helped. The internet does work though.

It stops responding and really slows down the pc. I tried it in safe mode w/ networking and it still locked up.

A:LAN/Wireless properties not responding

What exactly locks up, the computer or your network connections? Any recent changes to the system like hardware installs or new programs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lan-wireless-properties-not-responding-586989.html
Relevancy 49.02%

i have two HD's, both with XP installed.
The old drive rarely gets used and does not have the problem.
The new drive is the main boot and its the one with the issue.
I have tried a few things that people posted on the net, but it has not helped. The internet does work though.

It stops responding and really slows down the pc. I tried it in safe mode w/ networking and it still locked up.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All - Thankyou in Advance My issue is all the network can window Ping only window see 7 after test to desktops 10 Network tablet see each other but when u send or transfer to or from Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops the tablet win - It cannot send through wireless network even through you can tend to see all networks name on the Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops network list etc BUT after ping it shows st test no response and Network see only after Ping test window 10 tablet to window 7 desktops then nd to th shows ping and successful etc then I click on network and can see Send files to all networks or the network you choose etc as Previously but NOW you can send and receive files etc - it will only work after you ping - any ideas how to solve this Just a head up i was thinking its along power management in WiFi but it doesn't have a setting for it on window and make things worst after i think about minutes or so you have to ping again to see network etc It appears something going to sleep mode or power saver mode etc but wifi or network i cannot see any information or power mangement Please Help - This is doing my head in ha Also Try drivers update and window update no change

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54383-network-see-only-after-ping-test-window-10-tablet-window-7-desktops.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi.
i am using windows xp home on a wireless router while my bro is using windows xp pro on the LAN of the router. he is able to access my pc after i shared my drive but i couldnt access his at all. his is also shared and i hav set up a small network with the same name. i can see the name of his pc but i couldnt enter. the error msg reads :
" \\name of pc is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if u have xs permissions. Logon failure : the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer"

my bros pc is on Norton antivirus 2005. and both our service pack is SP1.

thanx

A:window xp home cant connect to pc with window xp pro on a setuped small network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-xp-home-cant-connect-to-pc-with-window-xp-pro-on-a-setuped-small-network.423985/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I have the linksys WMP300N wireless card on Win7 32bit. Anyway in the linksys properties there is no power management tab.. I want to uncheck the box that let's windows power down the device. But without the tab I can't. I know it is probably a driver issue for the WMP300N doesn't have the best driver support for win 7 but it works. Anyway was wondering if anyone knew of another way I could access the power management other then wireless properties.. Maybe through the registry?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Boardgame

A:No Power Management tab in Wireless Properties

That means that the device driver doesnt have the feature implemented, nothing you can do.

You can try going into "power options" in the control panel and seeing if you have the option there, but thats the only other place i can think of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/47281-no-power-management-tab-wireless-properties.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi - I still have internet access. However, when I go into wireless connections, properties, general, the TCP/IP "stack" has disappeared.

The rest are still there: Client for MS networks
File & Printer sharing
QoS Packet Scheduler

I've posted to other forums and I have had an external PC professional have a look, but not even the latter could find out what happened.

The reason I need it is that I manually set my IP address at home, but let it find it automatically elsewhere, but can't as cannot access the TCP/IP elements.

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

i cannot access the properties of my network connections, all i get is a popup window
saying "unexpected error has occured"
i've tried microsoft suggestion of registering ole32 and netshell but these did not help.
i've scanned with av and malwarebytes and nothing shows in event viewer at the times i
try to access the properties button of any of my network connections.
please help
thank you for your time

A:cannot access network properties

Dont know if you have a wireless connection or no, but have you read this from microsoft?? Here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272828/cannot-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 48.16%

I Network adapter properties could really use some help I have figured out what is causing my issue and will explain the best I can Relatively new network with wired desktop and wireless laptop through Netgear router I narrowed the issue down to Power Management of Network adapter properties the Wireless Network Adapter If the Wireless Network Adapter is set to its default properties including Power Management-- gt Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power when I fire up the laptop it connects right away but the problem is the Network Map is not correct the laptop doesn't show it's information including IPv If I manually uncheck and recheck the TCP Network adapter properties IPv box under Networking the network disconnects and reconnects and the map is good with the laptop showing its IPv address But if it goes back to sleep the next time it wakes Network adapter properties up and connects the map will be wrong So if I disable Power Management-- gt Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power the network map appears correct and the laptop shows it's IPv info problem is and it's a big one it takes one to two minutes to connect to the router So either I live with the wrong Network Map everything still is networked as I am using Homegroup or I live with a delayed connection to my wireless but the Network Map is correct This is a new laptop and I already reinstalled the Wireless Adapter there are no updates to the drivers I'm tempted to to do something related to TCP IP Perhaps reset it to default since there does seem to be some relationship to the IPv setting But I just don't know what to do at this point I'd really appreciate any help

A:Network adapter properties

Turn off that option to allow it to turn off the WiFi. If the system goes to sleep the WiFi will be turned off with it. If you are using the system you certainly don't want the WiFi to be turned off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249807-network-adapter-properties.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I am having a lot of users. If there is some way to disable the Network Properties. then please inform, it will be very useful....my main objective is that users should not be able to see there Ip by Right Clicking on the Network Places icon or some other way
OS is Windows Xp...

Waiting for a positive reply...

Regards

Relevancy 48.16%

Today, I turned on my secondary laptop (which hasn't been used in months) was greeted with a start up error which ended up needing to repair the "SYSTEM" boot partition . Now I got the system running but can't get any adapters to work. When I first logged in every network adapter had code 31(could not load driver). I was able to get around that by manually uninstalling each on and letting it re-install. Now each adapter has no properties so there is no internet connection at all. I mentioned the start up problem because I am not sure if the two are related at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:All network adapters have no properties.

Hi ben,

Did you install an updated version of the driver or the same one ? What is the exact model of the laptop
To get the model number enter this command

Code:
wmic computersystem get oemstringarray

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283170-all-network-adapters-have-no-properties.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Virgin ar upgrading out internet to mb yay for free yay However at the moment we are using the virgin router to get the internet into the house and then using a Belkin play for the wireless netwrok to get internet the reason for this is that the Belkin router has a USB socket wireless play network simultaneously? network belkin and virgin wireless on it that we have a hard drive plugged into it with all our music on it so that we cna access our music from all the computers around the house This has worked fine fo rus for a while now However with Virgin upgrading the internet they are provinding some new superhub theri words wireless router for free and it makes sense to use it as I suspect it will be faster and able to cope with the mb internet speed We would however like to still access out hard drive from all around the house So is it possible to get out internet from the virgin wireless router and access the hard drive through our Belkin router So we need to access two wireless routers at the same time Is this easy or horrible complicated i will need to set up virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? computers to do this - is running windows basic windows home premium windows virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously? professional running vista Sandy nbsp

A:virgin wireless network and belkin play wireless network simultaneously?

should be easy , I had to do the same with talktalk supplied router and my linksys router which had the harddrive via usb for music

what you do is here
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together
From a John Will Post

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virgin-wireless-network-and-belkin-play-wireless-network-simultaneously.1048065/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've just replaced my Microsoft Desktop wired with the Microsoft Desktop wireless the keyboard has no problems but every time I start up the computer the mouse scroll speed is like lightning unusably fast and I have to go into control panel properties wireless remembered/activated being not mouse mouse but I don't wireless mouse properties not being remembered/activated have to change anything --once I've loaded that device properties window the settings kick in and the mouse begins to work normally with one exception--sometimes I'm not yet sure of exactly when the wheel-click properties also don't work e g I get an ineffectual 'ding' noise when trying to open a new tab in firefox with middle-click even though the settings show it should be set for 'default behavior' after a restart and control panel window it will start responding normally bafflingly being both Microsoft products I'm a little surprised it's having this problem this has been going on since I bought it a week ago no amount of shut downs or restarts or changing mouse properties has changed its failure to activate the properties accordingly on start-up any ideas would be appreciated thanks

A:wireless mouse properties not being remembered/activated

Mate as a general ruel I don't like Microsoft mice full stop keyboards fine. Did you get installing the mouse software message when you first plugged it in? if not then you might try checking is the driver is up to date in the Device Manager or you could try here

Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse: Wireless Keyboard 800 | Microsoft Hardware

If this doesn't work then I would go for a Logitec mouse.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/280198-wireless-mouse-properties-not-being-remembered-activated.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I was trying to set up an ad hoc network and toyed around with some of the wireless network settings. The network I was trying to set up didn't quite work out so I tried to set it back to how they were but forgot how they were.

Is there a way to delete the Wireless Network Connection and let it create a new one or is there a "standard" setting for this to strictly find a wireless network and connect to it?

I am running Windows XP Pro.

Any help or questions would be appreciated

Relevancy 48.16%

Every time I sign into my windows account at wireless 8 cannot pw. or save access Windows properties home it never automatically connects to it I tried following the tutorial at http www jmu edu computing desktop s-Windows pdf However when I get up to the part where you are support to right click on the wifi connection to access view connection properties I am unable to Right clicking on the wireless connection does absolutely nothing I even tried clicking on it and holding and still nothing When I go to the network and sharing center and click Windows 8 cannot access wireless properties or save pw. on the wireless connection it pops up a dialogue called wi-fi status However there is no button for wireless properties I remember in windows there use to be a tab where you change the key encryption type and there was a check box where you can save the password Essentially I can't access the dialog box in page of the above link I have spent numerous hours trying to figure this out Any help greatly appreciated

A:Windows 8 cannot access wireless properties or save pw.

It sounds like your version of Windows 8 is missing something or maybe just some files are missing, hard to say why this problem would occur.

You might try running the sfc/scannow command to see if there are any missing files.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16606-windows-8-cannot-access-wireless-properties-save-pw.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am working on someone's XP Pro SP2 Box, and I cannot change the properties of any network connection. When I right click on the connection and click properties is says "Do not have sufficient privileges, contact your administrator"

I am the Administrator, logged in as the administrator account, and the machine is not on a domain.

Any Ideas what setting could cause this, and where it is?
I wasnt even aware you could lock administrator out...

Thanks -
Mike

Relevancy 47.73%

I believe I messed up the network settings on my machine not via the router but via control panel when you right click on the Local Area Connection gt Properties gt IPv IPv and some network reset properties? Completely all more places I can't remember and that's the problem Another thing is when I type ipconfig all I Completely reset all network properties? see that DHCP is not enabled and I remember it used to be enabled In IPv and IPv properties everything is set to automatically so I dont know why web pages take too long to load Mbps connection the rest of computers on the network are surfing the web fast I also get an error a few times a day where the little symbol of the LAN in the taskbar has a yellow exclamation mark and I need to right click and do the Troubleshoot problems and at the end I always get quot The default gateway was not available quot and it's fixed but keeps coming back I tried something I found on Microsoft help page and ran the following cmd netsh int ip reset c resetlog txt That didn't help

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402610-completely-reset-all-network-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

When I go to my network connections and attempt to display the properties of my dial up modem properties(my default internet connection with MSN)...so that I can enable the firewall...nothing happens. Nothing. The computer doesn't hang, no error message pops up. It just doesn't respond. I have tried several times with this problem. Microsoft had me uninstall all of my network connections and then reinstall to see if that changed anything...but nothing. I had this issue once before but can't remember what I did to correct it.
I'm running Win XP on an AMD 850 Athlon PC Clone with 512MB RAM, with a 100GB HD.
If anyone has encountered this or can offer any help I'd be very grateful.

A:Dial up network properties won't display!

How are you access it? Have you tried within IE and selecting Tools, Internet Options, and the Connections tab?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dial-up-network-properties-wont-display.72479/
Relevancy 47.73%

Has anyone seen an issue with trying to access the properties of a network share and getting absolutely nothing? Just upgraded to Win10 from 7. We are in a windows 2008 domain with 2012 and Win 10 machines.
We have regular accounts and admin accounts. The regular account can see get properties for the folders/shares that it has access to. The admin account, when run using "run as a different user" cannot generate the properties dialog box at all. This worked fine on Win 7.

Any ideas?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45581-windows-10-network-share-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

A:Network Connection Properties not Opening

Originally Posted by rat170

Hi everyone,

Everything was going just fine, and I was enjoying Wireless network, today I have to connect to a network via LAN ( with an RJ-45 ), and after that I am unable to open properties for any of my network connections. When I right click on any of the network connections then a menu appears with nothing in it, as you can see from the picture, and when I click on the last menu entry assuming it would be Properties, a dialog box appears with nothing written on it and an OK button, I want to change the network properties for my wireless network. Please help.

Thank You very much.

Do you have a backup you can restore from? thats a quick easy fix for it.

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/246852-network-connection-properties-not-opening.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I'm stumped as to why Explorer crashes whenever I try to view properties on any of my network connections. Its quite possible that I've messed something up in one of many tweaks. I just don't know when it happened.

The event viewer shows the following error:

"Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2649, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037e9f."

Is it possible to re-install just the networking components for WinXP, or do I have to do a full fresh install?

Inso

Relevancy 47.73%

I'm having major problems with my ip configuration settings I want to be able to use a fixed ip address and gateway for my wireless network connection The problem is that after I've properties BSOD network changing after changed the configuration of the IP version connection properties to the fixed ip I want to use and ok it My system crashes with a Stop error Bsod implicating the file tcpipreg sys as the culprit I ve tried disabling Ip version as I thought that maybe they were clashing somehow but other than that it seems I m stuck using DHCP which is annoying as the reason I am trying to switch off DHCP is to solve another problem Namely that Every BSOD after changing network properties time I BSOD after changing network properties start up my computer my connection shows Limited or no connectivity and I am forced to either Diagnose and Repair my connection or ipconfig renew in order to get an outside connection The adapter is a Realtek RTL and is an integrated device on my Asus P N -SLI Premium Motherboard

A:BSOD after changing network properties

I'm wondering if this helps anything.

This is from WinDbg.
Sorry it makes this such a long post.

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.8.0004.0 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP]
Kernel Summary Dump File: Only kernel address space is available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows Vista Kernel Version 6000 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 6000.16575.amd64fre.vista_gdr.071009-1548
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02000000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0219af70
Debug session time: Fri Jan 11 12:23:45.207 2008 (GMT+0)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:38.097
Loading Kernel Symbols
............................................................................................................................................................................
Loading User Symbols
PEB is paged out (Peb.Ldr = 000007ff`fffd3018). Type ".hh dbgerr001" for details
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffffa8007ed2ff8, 1, fffff98006b5dfef, 0}

Page 4ffb8 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 5037a not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 500cb not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4fdc9 not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4ff0a not present in the dump file. Type ".hh dbgerr004" for details
Page 4ff0a not present in the dump file. Type &qu... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-changing-network-properties-210744.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,
What can be keeping me from accessing Network Properties of my Dial-up?
I open the shortcut icon, then right-click on my dial-up, but nothing happens.
I have a working thread going ( in this forum titled Possible Bug? ) regarding a problem with Generic Host Process errors, and need to get into the properties to enable the simple Windows firewall, in SP1. I've tried in Safe Mode too.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you for your time,
patmac

A:Solved: Can't Access Network Properties

You will need to delete and recreate your dial-up connection. Make sure you save any phone numbers that it dials and any usernames/passwords.

I used to work tech support for earthlink, and that was the only thing we could do to resolve this issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-network-properties.503478/
Relevancy 47.73%

Iím using Windows 2000 server, the NIC card as 2 ip address Iím trying to remove one of the address as I moved the Web Page to a different computer But when I right click on the network neighborhood I get the hourglass for 3 sec. And then nothing. I tried restarting the server in safe mode with network support (same result). I tried replacing the NIC Still I could not access the TCP/IP configuration. Iím wondering if there is a way to remove the address from the command prompt or some other way.

Thank you.

Sqwerty_L

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-neighborhood-properties-problems.68772/
Relevancy 47.73%

as you can see the properties button does not lit up and remains grey out although i click on IPV4, why is this happening? i was open it a few years ago

A:Unable to configure network properties

Have you done this? Change TCP/IP settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/282106-unable-configure-network-properties.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am not able to access or change my network settings.

Windows XP Home SP 3

I do the following:

Start > Control Panel > Network Connections. Right click on Local Area Connection and choose Properties.

Then get these error message

"Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more other Network property sheets
are already open. To use these controls, close all these property sheets and then reopen this one"

Tried rebooting, tried disabling local area connection then rebooting and re-enabling still no luck.

Only other thing I can think of is that I tried VMWare (new browser version) did not like and uninstalled it.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:unable to access network properties

For diagnostics: Boot in a safe mode with networking and try if it works....Begin tapping the F8 key every few seconds as the system boots up until the screen offering the Safe Mode option appears.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/211109/unable-to-access-network-properties/
Relevancy 47.73%

Have three win xp machines on lan will search and find all three but while two will show the lan network properties, one wont . I need the properties of the netcard to set tcp/ip and dns .
have tried uninstalling the netcard no help! uninstalled xp networking components no help.
any help please Regards Alan G

Relevancy 47.73%

If I change the folder properties accessing a shared folder (say pictures) over my home network, will it alter the folder's properties on the drive on which it resides or just the folder on the machine I am using to access the folder?

I am accessing my pictures folder on my desktop from my laptop from the other side of my house. The pictures and videos folders are set to "general items", the customize tab of the properties on the folder is set to "general items" when I access it from the laptop. If I switch the pictures to "pictures" and videos to "videos" on the laptop, will it alter the folder in the desktop on which the folder resides?

Hope this is clear enough, Thanks for any help, I have a hard time with sharing and permissions.

A:Folder properties when sharing over network

If you are able to connect to the folder, either locally or over the network, and managed to change it, then it will or should be changed. I'm sure you are not referring to doing ith with different user profiles, right? Best way is to try it and find out

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50820-folder-properties-when-sharing-over-network.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Whenever I try to change my network connections I get the following error:

Cannot write phonebook.
Error 624: The system could not update the phone book file.
I am also having other issues that may or may not be related see threads:

http://forums.techguy.org/t294765.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294528.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t294305.html

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-change-properties-of-network-connections.294815/
Relevancy 47.3%

The probelm only happend on 1 win7 PC, suddenly the PC slow to open some network printer properties that also makes slow to print.

1. On the PC nstalled 3 Network printer A,B,C open B properties is normal fast, but slow to open A,C.
2. Others PC also installed those 3 network printer and No problem.

I have replace NIC, Reinstall/Repair Win7 but no success, How to trace/diagnose PC to Printer communication so I can figure out what the problem is.

Thanks

A:Slow open Network Printer Properties

Printer shares often work more quickly and efficiently with uPNP enabled in your router, depending upon exactly what you are calling a network printer...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/208665-slow-open-network-printer-properties.html
Relevancy 47.3%

This is a fairly new install of Windows 8 pro (within the last month), and while trying to set up a static ip up today I found that I was unable to access the network properties or disable the connection in the Network Connections. I am pretty stumped as I am the only user of this computer and from what I can tell have the correct permissions to do so. When trying to check the properties it tells me "an unexpected error has occurred" with no further information.

Has anyone had this problem and found a fix?

A:Unable to access properties of my network connection.

It sounds like you aren't using an Admin account on this machine.

Under Computer Management, Local Users and Groups>Users, you should see your name there, under the Member Of' Tab, you should be listed at a member of the Administrators and Home Users. You can add the credentials if you aren't.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21814-unable-access-properties-my-network-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently recovered from the Agobot worm and a couple other viruses (serv1ces.exe and microsoft.exe). However I noticed today that nothing shows up when I try to access the Device Manager or my Network Properties. Is there a way to rectify this?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have symptoms that I am having trouble getting rid All of them started Network Properties Connection Nowfind, WebSiteViewer, nights WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties ago and I have been trying to get rid of them since then First of all I have something called WebSiteViewer that keeps coming back even after it appears that it has been removed I have read WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties other logs on this forum about it and I have tried some of the advice but with no avail Second when I open a web browser it is going WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties to www nowfind net Third if I click on my Wireless Network Connection properties the window disappers without opening the properties So for so more detailed information on what I know about what is going on The WebSiteViewer has installed in C Program Files WebSiteViewer There are five files in that directory ban dd dlr exe and ico There is also a shortcut on my desktop and a shortcut on my Start Menu for the exe There is also a misb exe file in my root directory C that I believe is related as it has the same icon There is a process with an image name of dlr running I started out by manually deleting all of this stuff and manually shutting down the process I have also tried Spybot and Adware Both of these programs also found the WebSiteViewer stuff listed above as well as a few registry keys dealing with them They both seemed to remove everything however after a reboot everything comes back So somewhere there is something still living that reinstalls everything once I reboot The www nowfind net problem I initially tried just setting my default URL back to blank as I had it Which it accepts but then the next time I open a browser it is back If I type a URL without the preceding http then it automatically goes to www nowfind net however if I fully qualify the URL with http then it goes where I expect In the registry for HCU and HLM under Microsoft- gt Internet Explorer there are a number of entries that have the www nowfind net URL including Search and SearchURL Then under Main still under Internet Explorer there are Default Page URL Default Search URL Search Bar Search Page and Start Page And then under Search in CustomizeSearch and SearchAssistant I have tried deleting all of these registry entries manually However they come right back even without a reboot I can delete them then just refresh and they are right back So here again something is running that puts them back If I view my available Wireless Network Connections then hit the advanced tab then select my network and hit configure or properties then the window just disappears instead of opening the properties The last thing that I should mention is that I have also run CWShredder and TrendMicros virus scan the web version that is available from a link that I found somewhere in thisforum I am running XP and I also am running an outdated version of McAfee that came free on my computer Now I have never run HijackThis before I simply downloaded it and ran it I ran it while all of symptoms above were present as I stated AdWare and Spybot will remove the WebSiteViewer comes back after a reboot and the www nowfind net comes back right away I also read somewhere on the forum to use the KRC HijackThisAnalyzer so here is the result txt from it Log was analyzed using KRC HijackThis Analyzer - Updated on Get updates at http www greyknight com download htm programs Security Programs Detected c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsrte exe c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run VirusScan Online quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcvsshld exe quot O - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot c PROGRA mcafee com vso mcmnhdlr exe quot checktask O - Service McAfee com McShield McShield - Unknown owner - c... Read more

A:WebSiteViewer, Nowfind, Network Connection Properties

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem a.s.a.p

Please be patient with me during this time.

...A Reflection On Spyware...

Mr. Incredible: No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; "I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"

...greyknight17 DOT com...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/websiteviewer-nowfind-network-connection-properties-42318.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Just got a laptop with Vista Home and I want to install this onto my home network (MSHome) that has 5 other WinXP systems on that network. When the laptop was setup it chose a default network group called Workgroup or something like that and I cannot figure out how to get this computer navigated to the MSHome network.

A:Solved: Can't change home network properties

Control Panel (Classic view) - System - Advanced System settings -Computer Name.
Then "Change"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-change-home-network-properties.729556/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have up until a few days ago been able to modify and save my network properties ok I connected a new DisplayLink USB docking station that lead to an update of some sort I believed this to be 8 Not Properties Saving Network Connection Windows to do with associated drivers I Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving let this go ahead and it may well have nothing to do with the problems I have been having First of all I couldn't even see the IP parameters and kept getting an error as follows quot In Order to Configure TCP IP You Must Install and Enable a Network Adapter Card quot The wired and wireless was working in environments where I could use DHCP so I was confident the hardware was ok Uninstalling the drivers and then updating them has got me passed this problem so I can see and edit the IP parameters However now they are never saved I edit them close the window re-edit them and they are back to automatic settings I need to use static settings in the office So far as I can see there are possibilities I don't have permissions to save these settings wherever they are stored But I have administrator permissions Where are the settings stored I have saved them before How can I get access to be able to save them again Something else is overwriting the settings How do I find out what and stop it Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated Or a way to diagnose solve my problem Thanks in advance Steve

A:Windows 8 Network Connection Properties Not Saving

Have you tried running a system file corruption scan/repair using the sfc /scannow command?

SFC /SCANNOW Command - Run in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/32329-windows-8-network-connection-properties-not-saving.html
Relevancy 47.3%

When I click on the properties tab for my NIC in Workstation 4.0 I get "cannot configure software component" message, how do I resolve this? I am trying to figure out my network settings. IE: Full or Half Duplex.

A:Network Adapter Properties {Moved to Networking}

This isn't a tip or trick. I'm going to transfer this over to the Networking forum.
Check for updates there

Well, I can't seem to move it. I've alerted TechGuy and this thread will be moved shortly.

[This message has been edited by ich (edited 08-29-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-properties-moved-to-networking.29049/
Relevancy 47.3%

HI all am trying to change the ip address manually. to unbrick my router. so I go to my network and click properties to change the tcp ect. and the famous Unexpected error accured pops up. I try all the regsvr32 ect. stuff and nothing works. I have windows 8 pro. those anyone know how to fix this?

A:An Unexpected error accured Network properties

Is it really bricked or is it in limbo? I had one I thought was bricked, turns out i just had to wait it out to finish the firmware upgrade.

What model router is it?

Were you trying to install DD-WRT?

if you think that its just a configuration problem, then go to device manager and uninstall your network driver, then click on the action tab on top and click scan for hardware changes, and let windows reinstall them in their default settings. Now try your custom IP.

Did you do the 30-30-30 reset? (press and hold the reset button for 30 secs, unplug router, wait 30 secs, plug router in while still holding the reset, then after 30 more secs, release the reset.) Do not release the reset at any time, til the end.

If it has not completed the firmware upgrade then do not do the 30-30-30 reset until its done..

Brooklyn!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/25371-unexpected-error-accured-network-properties.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey, how are you?

So I'm trying to connect to the internet via wireless. I have this sheet that tells me step-by-step instructions on how to do this (connect to my work network). The problem is that when I right-click on 'Wireless Network Connection,' only the Networking and Sharing are the only options that show up. I need the 'General' 'Wireless Networks' 'Advanced' tabs to continue my set-up. Am I clicking on the wrong thing? This also happens with my 'Local Area Connection'.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/214925-missing-general-wireless-networks-advanced-tabs-properties.html
Relevancy 46.87%

English is not my native tongue Network printer issue properties/advanced settings I apologize for any misspells or Network printer properties/advanced settings issue similar in advance I m connected to a Konica Minolta C network multifunction printer I have never had any similar issues with any other of my printers Let me also say I work in traditional Desktop view I have no issue printing not once did it refuse a print job Issue below are not tied to a specific software I ve experienced it in software from at least Microsoft Autodesk Adobe Foxit When opening Print Dialog I am mostly not allowed to go to Printer Properties Printer Advanced Settings I say mostly because every now and then I am allowed When hitting the Properties button my system freezes A popup dialog box appears stating different things but the last couple of times it has been A RPC Remote Procedure Call could not get through Or similar remember I m not using an Network printer properties/advanced settings issue English system I hit OK At this point the software is frozen and locked I have to go via Task Manager and Kill Task Meanwhile all other running programs are not affected So the story above could just as well include a slightly different popup dialog box message but the problem is the same I can always print with my standard settings but if I want for example multicolour or duplex I have to have a separate printer installation for that So if I go to my Control Panel - gt Units and Printers I do actually face the exact same problem I enter C Printer Settings but if I now try to go to Printer Properties Printer Advanced Settings everything freezes for a second flashing in system background colour and I m back to Desktop view Then if I update reinstall my printer driver everything suddenly works like a charm I don t really know if it works for a specific amount of times entries a specific amount of time or until next system restart As said I could make a number of printer installations like Simplex B W Simplex Colour Duplex B W and Duplex Colour But I want to understand what is wrong too Win x C driver Resultat av download - KONICA MINOLTA Sverige Thank you so much for your interest in my problem

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/32297-network-printer-properties-advanced-settings-issue.html