Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Q: Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 24.51%

I am working on a Toshiba Satellite with Insyde H2O bios. It says to use F2 for setup and F12 for boot manager.

I've tried all the function keys, as well as esc and del and they only get me to Windows Boot Manager. (This includes F2.)

The machine has Vista that stops loading when it gets to the network drivers. Could a corrupt BIOS be the cause? If I download a new BIOS can I install it from the command prompt?

If the BIOS is still OK are there other ways to get into setup?

(Meanwhile F2 works just fine on my Dell Lattitude)

A:Can't get into BIOS setup utility

Try using a USB keyboard...

"Could a corrupt BIOS be the cause?"

I don't think you would get that far in the boot process if the bios were corrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-into-bios-setup-utility.178271/
Relevancy 24.51%

Motherboard GA-X79-UD3 socket 2011
CPU Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.6GHz
PSU 850 watt
ram 16 GB
Hard drive 256 GB ssd
at this time I have GPU is GTX 550tix2

A:Best card for my setup

Budget? What do you want this card for, I,e, gaming, video rendering, etc.? As for "best" there are probably several options open to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-card-for-my-setup.216146/
Relevancy 31.39%

According to the latest reports, AMD will skip the problematic 20nm manufacturing node for their next-generation 'Arctic Islands' GPUs, which the company is expected to launch in 2016. Instead, Arctic Islands will progress directly to 14nm FinFET in the hope...

Read more

A:AMD to reportedly skip 20nm entirely for its 2016 GPU family

Sounds like a good strategy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-to-reportedly-skip-20nm-entirely-for-its-2016-gpu-family.212286/
Relevancy 30.96%

AMD's roadmap for the next two years has leaked, and it's filled with information about what the company is planning for their desktop and mobile CPU and APU lines. While 2015 will see a mix of 32, 28 and 20nm chips,...

Read more

A:Leaked AMD roadmap suggests all 2016 APUs will be 14nm

If it beats the Bulldozer family by a solid 5-10% in video games plus media encoding with reasonable prices, I am going to use it for all my builds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-amd-roadmap-suggests-all-2016-apus-will-be-14nm.212540/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 24.08%

Okay so I am having an issue working out if my case will be able to hold my motherboard and graphics card Case Details Available Color Black Materials Steel body plastic Dimension x x mm x x inch (I Computer Building my First setup) changed W x H x D Net Weight kg lbs M B Type Micro-ATX ATX quot Drive Bays exposed quot Drive Bays exposed hidden quot Drive Bays hidden I O Panel USB x int USB x Mic x Audio x supports AC HD Audio Expansion Slots Cooling System Front mm fan x optional or mm fan x Building First Computer (I changed my setup) optional Rear mm black fan x pre-installed Side left mm or mm fan x optional Side right mm fan x optional Building First Computer (I changed my setup) Power Supply Type Standard ATX PS EPS V optional Maximum Compatibility VGA card length mm inch with HDD cage CPU cooler height mm inch Now Ill list my other parts I have They should Building First Computer (I changed my setup) also be links if they are not links just search the name WD quot Green TB WD EZRX SATA M RPM HDD Patriot Signature GB Kit Gx DDR - - PSD G KH Samsung SATA x Black DVD RW Gigabyte N - GI N SL- GL DDR GT PCI-E VGA Card Intel BX G Pentium G GHz MB LGA ASRock H M Anniversary Motherboard nbsp

A:Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

From the case details you have supplied (Motherboard type: Micro ATX or ATX and maximum video card length of 320mm) you are well within the parameters of having everything fit.
ASRock H97M motherboard is a Micro ATX board.
Gigabyte N730-2GI video card is 185mm in length.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer-i-changed-my-setup.210947/
Relevancy 20.64%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 24.51%

Before I say anything else, I am very new to building a computer. Ive never built one in my life. I am curious if the setup I have to far will work! I am trying to look for pretty cheap but good options for parts. So far I have a case, processor, and GPU in mind. I need ideas for the motherboard especially. I dont know how to tell if everything would work correctly, so if something would be incompatible, could you tell me?

So far I have

GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
Case: NZXT Phantom 240 Mid Tower
Ram:
Motherboard:
Hard-Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
Power Supply:
DVD Drive:
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor:

Would there be anything else I need? Also what is thermal compound and Heatsink? Are these required for my setup? Please tell me if there is anything wrong with this so far and what items I should use for the unfilled spaces! Thank you all so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-setup-work.207722/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am trying to set up my Windows Xp computer as a VPN server I have taken the initial steps I get to the Accept Xp setup VPN hanging server Windows incoming connections screen and click okay The computer hangs for about a minute or so and then comes up with the following message Incoming connections depend on Routing and Remote access Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging service which was unable to start For more information check the system event log I presumed I had to go to control panel performance and maintenance Administrative Tools Event viewer I have already made sure that Routing and Remote access are enabled as well as Telephony I could not find Netbios in the services list and don t know where to Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging look for it Also when I try to start Routing and Remote access service manually I get the following message Windows could not start Routing and Remote access on local computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to the service specific error code- Can some one give me a step by step walk through of how to resolve this issue so I can connect to that computer from work over the internet nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-vpn-server-setup-hanging.207658/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi Sorry for the long post but I wanted to provide as much info as possible for a better solution I have been experiencing strange clicking sounds please see link coming from my XFX HD lately or it can XFX PC noise, 4850 temp HD and clicking then High crashes be from PSU I have been using this card since years It XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes used to be very rare only at bootup but ever since I have started playing Bioshock infinite it has become much more frequent Initially I did not get any problems playing but last time I could only manage hr and then mins before pc crashed Today when I started the pc there was not any of that sound but XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes after minutes the hideous sound started and after few seconds pc shutdown This happened again and again with shorter time frames Interesting thing is I did not even played the game was only browsing the potential problem on the net Turns out it can either be -Some hindrance in fans spinning -Coil whine -PSU problem I couldn t pinpoint the exact problem I tried listening to it very closely could only guess that it was coming from gpu it also seemed very hot Using GPUz I started monitoring and gpu temp went from - C range to C within minutes before it shut down So it seems gpu is the reason I put a bit of load on gpu by emulating a game in pj during that time I had got my power outlets checked by a voltmeter few days ago the electrician said they were fine My desktop airflow is good never had a high temp problem with my cpu and side of the cover is always open My questions are -Can I underclock my gpu so that it consumes less power -Do I need to install ccc since I haven t earlier -I used an air blower a couple of months ago and also cleaned the gpu with a brush did nt find much dust or any object blocking the fans I can t rma since I had a bad time doing that in the last few times other h w long wait Also I don t have a built in gfx with this build What do you suggest Thanks Link screens and audio http s tinyupload com index php file id GPUZ min max temps Date GPU Core Clock MHz GPU Memory Clock MHz GPU Temperature C Fan Speed Fan Speed RPM RPM GPU Load GPU Temp DISPIO C GPU Temp MEMIO C GPU Temp SHADERCORE C Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usage Dynamic MB VDDC V - - - - Update After I cleaned my pc again with air blower and also the gpu separately tested the system Starting temps were better from c instead of c and biggest difference was the dramatic reduction in fans rpm previously and now - rpm and noise But bad news is during those - mins the gpu temps kept rising again even at gpu load and once I put a bit of load on gpu - via pj emulater it rised to c before pc shutdown again So does it means I have to apply thermal paste too Or can this be fixed if I update the gpu driver Please any solutions suggestions wil be really appreciated nbsp

A:XFX HD 4850 clicking noise, High temp and then PC crashes

I'm having a bit of trouble following (more than likely my fault). What is the GPU fan speed during load?

If the RPM's seem normal, it could be thermal bond in the thermal paste that is broken.
If the fan speed doesn't appear to be normal, the fan itself could be broken.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-hd-4850-clicking-noise-high-temp-and-then-pc-crashes.207299/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there I m new here hope you can help me out with my problem So over the last couple of weeks I upgraded my I ve had this for about three or four crashes causing parts New years now CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz x GB GPU RADEON HD GHz Edition PSU W Novatech To CPU FX- Mobo Gigabyte GA- A-DS RAM GB MHz GPU R X MSI GAMING PSU W Novatech New And added in two SSDs New parts causing crashes I also upgraded to Windows Since I upgraded I ve been getting these weird black-screen crashes whereby the lights turn off on the keyboard and there s no response at all from the machine but the fans are still on at full speed I have to then turn the PSU off or unplug it Then I have to wait a few seconds before giving power back to the PSU in order to turn it all back on The first time the crashes happened was when I was playing COD AW and loading a map like Detroit or Recovery After I turned off Preload Shaders Which allows you to load up more information during the loading screen so that you have a smoother experience after it that crashing seems to have stopped So I just thought that was a bug with COD until I started looking at overclocking my CPU I ran Prime just to look at the temps and after a couple of minutes I got the exact same black screen crashes I think it might be the PSU because it s old and technically a value brand but I don t want to fork out on a decent PSU only to find it was my Mobo or CPU all along So yeah any advice would be appreciated nbsp

A:New parts causing crashes

Put your old RAM back in, see if the problem goes away. (Alternatively, run memtest86+ overnight)

Based on what you said, it will be much quicker to swap the RAM back and run Prime95.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-parts-causing-crashes.207343/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is my current setup and am wondering if there's anything that can be improved.
primary hard drive 210GB Samsung SSD
secondary hard drive 931 GB Western Digital
8 GB DDR 3 dual channel memory
2TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive
Intel i5 2500K processor (not overclocked)
After running Winaero WEI tool I was supprised to see my primary hard drive is the bottle neck as it's SSD. Is there a way I can tell that SSD is primary, and not the old hard drive?

I run Windows 8.1 as main computer, then with VMware I run Windows 7 from secondary hard drive (all of its files are on secondary hard drive).

I noticed with the VM running some programs take a while to load the first time. For example Maple and Photoshop take 10 seconds, but if they are closed and open again then they take 2 seconds to open. Also with the VM and Firefox running 75% of memory is used. Does this mean I need more RAM?

A:Best setup with hardware

All that means is drive as far as windows is concerned is slower than the graphics card, memory ,and processor is. that means nothing. u'r computer is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-setup-with-hardware.206940/
Relevancy 24.51%

A few months ago I thought I got a great deal on a Dell Precision T with dual quad GHz processor and MB of RAM The Raid Of Setup Getting Out Need Help upgradable to over MB It also came with GB hard drives but before I figured out that the second drive was just a data recorder set up in a RAID formation in order to safely keep sensitive data safer by duplicating it on a second drive Well the second hard drive went out and I had to re- install Windows on the first drive and I thought everything would be allright but then Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup the first drive went out also I have choices in the bios to change this setup RAID Auto Detect AHCI RAID Autodetect ATA or RAID On Obviously I want the RAID off but it looks like I have to reformat my hard drives to make that happen and I don t know how Can someone please help me fix my computer back to normal With this system I ought to have some serious power put together right I already have an gb new solid state drive but I don t want to mess things up before I put my operating system on the solid state for quick start ups and then add a couple of large hard drives for my large data Also upgrading the video card Can someone help me straighten this mess out because I am afraid I may need a certain format to keep this from happening again and I am in uncharted waters nbsp

A:Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup

If u are only going to have one drive for the OS u need the raid turned off. just make sure to install programs on the other D: drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-getting-out-of-the-raid-setup.206492/
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm having an issue with my media sharing options in Network and Sharing on all my computers on my network. When I go to network & sharing to turn on media sharing for some reason by itself it gets turn off?? This is frustrating to have to continually reset it on all computers on my network. They all have the same Home Group password, but still it gets turn off somehow. Can anyone Please tell me what am I doing wrong or what the problem is causing this to happen???

A:Media sharing option keeps shutting off by itself

I assume you are talking about Media Player setup. Did you see this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/media-sharing-option-keeps-shutting-off-by-itself.192232/
Relevancy 22.79%

HI
I have a lenovo laptop. My laptop suddenly crashes . If it is not used for 1 week and then turned on,it works fine for 2 hours. If we turn on the laptop the next day ,it starts crashing with in 10-15 mins after turning on.
Please help me with this ...

A:Laptop Crashes

There could a list of things causing this. Overheating, Os corrupt, Conflicts in software., Bad battery and so forth. The best way to know if you are not sure is to have a local computer shop check it out. Or try running it in safe mode . If it will and run some test on it. Such as a software to check its temps. A good spyware program to check your os. Also a program to check the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashes.206058/
Relevancy 22.36%

A few months ago my computer started crashing when playing games. The screen would turn either black, white, (or once pink), the fan/fans would max out, and the audio would just change to a loud buzzing sound. This would continue until the laptop was turned off.
Around that time, one of my hard drives was failing. We thought, seeing as it fitted so well, that it was the problem. I've just had the hard drives replaced, and while it was running perfectly for a few days, it has now started to crash again, and far more frequently. Most of the time just after the desktop loads.

I'm currently running in safe mode, and that's perfectly fine. No crashing.
I've tried disabling my audio drivers, and rolling back my video card driver, but with no success. I'm assuming that as safe mode has no problems that it must relate to a driver, or, some software, but I have no real clue what I'm talking about.

My video card is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580M, if that's important. No idea what other information to include. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

A:Computer crashes increasingly often

Go to C:\windows\minidump. Minidump files have a .dmp extension. If there are any .dmp files, select them all and right-click, sending the files to a compressed(zipped)folder. Upload this folder as file here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-increasingly-often.205623/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have an old Acer Aspire m3100 desktop and the case to it is broken, I have another case for it but I do not have the installation manual to show me how to reconnect all of the connections from this other case. How can I get or find the diagram showing how to make all connections to this motherboard. I'm trying to restore this computer for my grandson? any help would be appreciated, I've tried contacting Acer but they won't help unless the computer is under warranty and their third-party support doesn't do hardware issues?? I also downloaded a manual from online but it doesn't show the right info.

A:Motherboard Installation manual

Check this is the right motherboard.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2500#ov

The manual is available in the support and downloads section.

Case wiring is pretty standard in most cases (no pun intended). Any details you have about the case your switching to would be helpful.

Motherboards mostly have the names of sockets screen printed next to them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-installation-manual.205022/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 24.08%

I bought a 250 GB Samsung Evo SSD 840 for my desktop (850 isn't available in Canada yet). I'm running Windows 7 but am considering upgrading to Windows 8 or Ubuntu (or dualboot/vmware). My work is technical and to keep up with the times I am considering Windows 8, though I don't have a touchscreen. I am not sure the kind of configuration to use and am open to ideas. The current hard drive I have is a slow 1TB one. I was planning on setting up the SSD as a cache.

EDIT: my motherboard is Asus p8z68-v le

A:Setup with 1TB harddrive and fast 250GB SSD

I would not recommend setting up a cache at all with that large capacity SSD. Usually people cache with 64GB SSDs, but in your case, you might as well just migrate data to the SSD and use the HDD for bulk storage (large files).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-with-1tb-harddrive-and-fast-250gb-ssd.204009/
Relevancy 33.54%

I finally found out why my wireless keyboard didn't work as I mentioned in another thread several months back.
Evidently the USB wifi thingy was in a USB port that didn't work. When I was going thru this thread http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device.202706/
I removed it thinking it might be the unknown device.
Anyhow, I've been trying to find the manual for my wireless KB & can't find it.
I'm not sure which number(s) I need. MS PART NO. X820309-001
Serial number or Product ID? Here it is

A:MS Keyboard user manual help

Well, I went here http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-keyboard-3000 & despite the fact its default language is English, the downloads are in any language BUT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-keyboard-user-manual-help.202759/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

My internal HDD failed due to a sudden power outage. I can hear beeping sounds like the motor is trying to spin the drive up and failing to do so. This drive contains all my important data ( documents, photos and videos), I'm thinking of taking it to a data recovery center, How much would it cost me for a data recovery service? I've been recommended to WeRecoverData data recovery labs by an IT person, Anyone have experience with them? Any help advice? Thanks in advance.

A:HDD beeping. What's the best data recovery option?

Likely thousands. Hopefully in the future you will make backups of important data.

If it was killed by the power outage, you can probably fix it yourself by purchasing the exact same drive on ebay or wherever and swap the PCB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-beeping-whats-the-best-data-recovery-option.201578/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a 430gt with 3 monitor hooked to it , but I can only display on 2 .So is there a program that is good to use . to make all 3 display at the same time . So I can play games on 1 and have the on another and maybe run something else on the other?

A:3 monitor setup

Well I do believe the GT 430 only supports up to 2 monitors running at the same time if im not mistaken, im looking on NVidia.com and it seems to be so. However if you are running on an Intel Processor, you can set it to support a third monitor by plugging into the Intel HD on board graphics to get a third monitor going.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-monitor-setup.196949/
Relevancy 24.51%

Today I boot my 1 year old computer this message appears:

"Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting

Press F1 to run SETUP"

I did the F1 thing, reloaded my OC profile and everything seems fine right now. Anyone knows why this happened? And above all: what are the chances of this happening again on my next cold boot? How to fix?

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 33 C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67 (LGA1155) 28 C
Graphics
E2250 ([email protected])
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (Gigabyte) 30 C
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Elitegroup) 28 C
ForceWare version: 326.80
SLI Disabled
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST310005 24AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 25 C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12LS29 SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

A:Press F1 to run SETUP

It could be possible your cmos battery is bad. Beings its a year old. I would think this would not be the case. But you never know how long the manufacter had the battery. Before installing the battery on your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/press-f1-to-run-setup.196470/
Relevancy 27.09%

My media sharing option constantly keeps turning off by itself even after I have reset it to share my media on all networked (4) computers and even while watching movies from another computer on my network, I have also enabled media sharing thru Windows media player and it still cuts itself off! can anyone help with this issue??

A:Networking: Media Sharing option turns off

Which version of Windows do you have? Make sure services for media share are enabled.
You might have to

press start key + r at the same time then type: services.msc

Computer Browser (started/manual)

DHCP Client (started/auto)
DNS Client (started/auto)

Function Discovery Resource Publication (started/auto)

start/auto/enable Homegroup Listener
start/auto/enable Homegroup Provider

Network Connections (started/manual)
Network List Service (started/manual)

Peer Name Resolution Protocol (started/manual)
Peer Networking Grouping (started/manual)
Peer Networking Identity Manager (started/manual)

SSDP Discovery (started/manual)

Also check on your system for software that is disabling sharing just our right like cleaners all-in-one does it because in theory suppose to reduce over head.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-media-sharing-option-turns-off.195825/
Relevancy 24.08%

Greetings you lovely bunch I am in the process of building myself a new funmachine Unfortunately I have stalled at the sound setup Through extensive research I have established that the following criteria are the most recommendable in order to achieve the best overall sound experience Avoid headsets headphones with microphones Avoid wireless Avoid USB Only stereo headphones I e one speaker per spectacular setup Seeking sound ear Open cup for sound quality I sit in a quiet environment The machine will be used mainly for entertainment purposes being gaming video watching and music listening in order of importance I do not consider myself an audiophile per se I do however value a great atmospheric feeling Seeking spectacular sound setup accurate D positioning and comfort I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H motherboard Will its onboard sound Realtek ALC cover my wishes when paired Seeking spectacular sound setup with some good headphones or should I get a soundcard And what about an amplifier a DAC etc Originally I considered getting the Sennheiser HD as it has garnered much critical acclaim Unfortunately momomo wasn t impressed with its sound stage Despite my highest efforts this leaves me fairly puzzled and in need of your kind help Which sound setup compliments my computer experience the most without being overkill I have a generous budget All response is of course greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Seeking spectacular sound setup

"I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H motherboard. Will its onboard sound (Realtek ALC898) cover my wishes when paired with some good headphones ? or should I get a soundcard? And what about an amplifier, a DAC etc.?" You won't need a sound card, just headphones or a low cost wired 2 speaker+ powered subwoofer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-spectacular-sound-setup.194793/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an EVGA GTX 560-Ti graphics card connected to two monitors. The primary monitor is a Syncmaster 2433BW and the second monitor is a Syncmaster 204B. Everything was fine until this morning when I booted up and found the second monitors resolution way off. After entering the NVIDIA control panel I found the monitor simply identified as Digital Display with a very limited resolution table available, the monitor was set to 1024x768. On the control panel resolution screen it is identified as "Generic Non-PNP Monitor with only two resolutions neither of which is the recommended 1600x1200. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with no improvement.

A:Lost monitor ID in setup

Have u tried This option the Resize? I use this due to my Samsung tv doesnt have really good scaling which I was left to using a random resolution but this random resolution still is read from the tv as 1920x1080 maybe it might work for u

if this doesnt work I havent actualy got which driver did u install nvidia driver or the monitor one? if so this is were u should go
<-this image seems to not be working right click open in new tab

Right click my computer Properties Device manager and rightclick on the monitors and update software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-monitor-id-in-setup.195406/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello so as the title suggests my game crashes whenever Every for game reason crashes play I no I play any game for like minutes Some games don t even start up When they crash the game freezes and im Every game I play crashes for no reason forced to start task manager and end the process to get back to the desktop my computer does NOT bluescreen The weird thing is my computer runs like its brand new Every game I play crashes for no reason when not playing games I can run many livestreams and render videos very quickly its just the Every game I play crashes for no reason games which crash Specs not included in profile Corsair TX w PSU Arctic cooling freezer for processor Here are some of the solutions I have tried so far to get my games to work again - Reset to factory settings - Malware scan - Virus scan - Registry clean - Stress test on hardware - MEMTEST - clean out inside pc - Validating game cache on steam Its not just steam games that crash its all games - Defragmented my HDD and SSD - Removed any overclocks If anyone has any other ideas please please get back to me ASAP some people have said to unplug the hardware and plug it back in but I didnt know if this was safe Any other ideas are greatly appreciated If you need more info just ask Regards Luke nbsp

A:Every game I play crashes for no reason

Check your CPU temps and voltages. Are you overclocking? You may need to set voltages directly, instead of 'auto'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/every-game-i-play-crashes-for-no-reason.194836/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,

I have Intel DH77KC, Windows 7 64bit installed, Realtech HD audio, Everything was working fine .. I don't know what happened, last night I plugged my headphone and try to chat with my friend but, mic was not working, its weird, anyhow I noticed that in mixer every thing is good but rear microphone jack is grayed out, I think that is causing the issue.. I don't know why is so, I checked my headphone on my laptop and mic worked fine there, is something wrong with my pc hardware or what is going on please guys I need ur help.

A:Realtech HD Audio Rear Mic Option Grayed Out in Mixer

When did this happen? If you know roughly the time period, you can do a system restore to just before that period and that should fix it if it is software based. Also have a look in the Real tech audio 'control panel' and the Windows sound one in case something got disabled.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtech-hd-audio-rear-mic-option-grayed-out-in-mixer.194445/
Relevancy 26.66%

I recently downloaded the latest Skype for Android to my Motorola Droid M smartphone. When I make a Video Call on Skype there is no option for a Speaker option so I can only hear via the phone earpiece. I have tried using earbuds but the sound can not be heard. I couldn't find any help on the Skype site and others appear to have the same issue. Does anyone know how I can "fix" this myself or how you actually speak with Skype Support?
Thank you,

A:Motorola Droid M and Skype Video Speaker option

Post this question here: http://community.skype.com/t5/English/ct-p/English?profile.language=en.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-droid-m-and-skype-video-speaker-option.193707/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello All I have decided on the following Cooler Master Eisberg L Prestige Alphacool NexXxoS XT Radiator mm And I m deciding on a GPU block at a later date when the new Nvidia cards come out I Setup together Linking Watercooling help was hoping to set it up Watercooling Setup Linking together help as Pump Reservoir is built onto the CPU block which makes this all very easy supposed to anyway and is upgradable so you can add an extra few items to the loop I was hoping to mount the mm radiator it comes with to the top of my case and the extra mm radiator to the back of my case I was hoping having the mm radiator cool the water before it entered the graphics card block would help yield better results and thus the fans can run at a slower speed I m not trying to break any records and certainly don t plan on overclocking a whole much I just find water cooling much quieter in general compared to a multi-fan heatsink and a load of case fans plus the fans on the GPU My question is can this be done I m rubbish at checking the tubing sizes and what I need to actually connect it all up preferably white hose Any advise would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Watercooling Setup Linking together help

Unless getting this kit for the same amount of money would be better?

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Alphacool-NexXxoS-Cool-Answer-240-LTST-Full-Kit_30211.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/watercooling-setup-linking-together-help.192663/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all I am going to be buying new HDD s and would setup Raid0 New Here, like to setup a raid on them using New Here, Raid0 setup windows bit I also would like to install a rd SSD for Ubuntu type drive in my optical bay I have no clue as to the proper order for this operation optical replacement first or raid setup first I am not totally new to computers but I have mainly worked with desktops before I do understand my laptop though as I have opened it up for HDD and RAM upgrades and the Optical bay looks pretty simple with only a few screws to remove I need step by step instructions for the raid setup and where to get the drivers for it if windows bit DVD does not have them already The installation of the SSD into the optical bay is no problem nor is installation of the dual Hybrid drives I ll be getting so it s mostly the software setup of things for the raid I was going to enter some links to the gear I would like to get but this site gave me some BS about Kismet So I will leave them out for now Let me know if you need to know the gear to help me here For now my system is the G sx If there is a better bay replacement HDD or SSD that you know and has awesome reviews please let me know I like to buy things on Amazon for the most part as the return process has been excellent for other things before just in case I should point out also that this rig will be gaming mostly with the ssd ubuntu setup for everything else and to play around with Linux for fun Thanks Ahead nbsp

A:New Here, Raid0 setup

HALT, STOP, DESIST;

Rule 1:- never use raid-x for a BOOT device.

Rule 2:- don't assume that Raid-0 is "faster" or that Raid-1 "doesn't require backup"

Rule 3:- Raid is a Server feature, not intended for the home user.

Now then, go read all you can about Raid before you spend $0.10 more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-here-raid0-setup.192766/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi I m setting up my PC amp stuck between set of options Both of the setups fits within Rs - which is my budget I will be gaming mostly and no multitasking only single threaded applications I want the best cpu clock speed amp overall graphics possible and also which will serve me good for atleast to years My options are AMD FX- MSI A-G AMD Motherboard AMD ATI HD GB GDDR AMD A - K ASUS F A -M-PRO Motherboard ASUS AMD ATI HD GB GDDR CrossFire-ed with the APU help PC Setup Graphics I don t know whether the MSI mobo I mentioned in the st option is the best but it is surely PC Setup help one of the cheapest If there are any other good amp cheap am mobo and or any gfx card that fits in the budget please mention Also if you think that any other combo of these three viz CPU GPU amp Mobo suits my requirements amp budget better PC Setup help please suggest Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-setup-help.192000/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I ve crashes caused Hard by motherboard? drive recently built a computer everything was working fine but after a month or so Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? it started freezing randomly only fixed by restart Then on boot some hard drives would say they have bad sectors and Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? failed SMART After a few weeks eventually the entire system crashed and would not boot on any of my drives I managed to get it boot on a CD and reformatted the SSD drive that the operating system was on I replaced the supposedly failing drives and things were looking good But it wasn t more then a week or two when it started freezing randomly again sometimes in the middle of activities sometimes when it was just left on And again saying the now brand new drive was failing though from everything I can tell it is not when I run disk checks from booting from a boot CD I m not expert so I have really am at a loss as to what to check I can t afford to keep replacing my hard drives and like I said it doesn t even seem to be actually true if I disconnect then reconnect the drive it seems to come up fine My suspicion is that either the SSD drive that the OS is on is causing the trouble or else its my motherboard Honestly I have no proof of either but I am pretty much out of my depth here Here is the general specs on my system Mother board ASUS P Z -V LK LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M X C SSD OCZ Vertex VTX - SAT - G quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Video Card EVGA GeForce GS GB DDR PCI Express DVI HDMI VGA l have severaI other hard drives internal and external attached most of them don t seem to have any trouble the one that consistently fails is always label E even when I change the physical drive out not sure if that means anything or not Any help would be much appreciated not sure where to even start honestly Let me know if I need to make anything more clearly Lucas nbsp

A:Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard?

they have bad sectors and failed SMART.Click to expand...

S.M.A.R.T. is enabled in the HD firmware. Failures at that level are purely hardware related. Such failures create bad sectors.

Q.E.D.:- the drive is just cr*p.

IMO, the motherboard could never create a HD failure - - while software can do so as well as bad user procedures
(eg sharing r/w a folded and two or more users opening the same file at the same time).
Bad disk drivers would easily be a contributor too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-crashes-caused-by-motherboard.191721/
Relevancy 23.22%

Our internet goes from:

Comcast modem to a
Dlink DIR-655
To computers or through a switchbox to other parts of the house
In the basement, is another switch box, and off that switchbox is,
Belkin 85c Wireless router, that we use as an access point
Works well but it says it has the ability to have a guest login, that will allow visitors to get to the internet, but are blocked from our LAN.

I've spent hours trying to set the guest login up, the access point can be seen by a computer/etc, but when they connect, they cannot get to the internet.

the windows 7 computers try to set up an unidentified public network.

I'm sure there is something very simple I am missing, but I've got close to 20 hours invested in it, and need to protect my network.

the Windows 7 notebook said that it could not connect with a "homegroup".

A:Belkin 85c wireless router, used as an access point. Guest setup?

Hmm; I cant find "Belkin 85c Wireless router" on the Belkin Support site - -
Are you sure of that make/model number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-85c-wireless-router-used-as-an-access-point-guest-setup.190913/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 24.51%

Purchased a Epson WF-3540 printer for home use. Cannot get my computer to detect the printer on wireless network during software setup. Here is what I have:

1. Computer detects printer with usb cable connected and prints perfectly.
2. Printer detects wireless network and has 3 green bars.
3. Printer passed all its internal network connection checks and everything seems OK on the network status printout.

Installed software on my laptop and it too could not detect the printer on wireless network.

So I'm able to set the printer on my wireless network but can't the computer to detect or recognize it. Any suggestions?

A:Wireless setup

Make sure you connect with ONE or the OTHER but never both.
I suspect you would rather have the wireless connection, so go to devices & printers and delete the USB connected device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-setup.187949/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I have a Coolermaster setup the suggestions Fan 922 for HAF HAF case and my computer specs are as follows Asrock N C-S mobo AMD Athlon II X Arctic Cooling Freezer pro GB x GB Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB GPU Coolermaster GX w PSU Running Win Ultimate I also have x HDD s in the case soon to be x HDD s and an SSD Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922 for the OS when I get time to install it Anyway that s the spec The case had two stock fans- front mm x mm and rear mm x mm The rear case fan wasn t very quiet however so I went ahead and purchased a Sharkoon silent eagle mm This isn t actually as silent as its name suggests but it does seem to create better airflow and it has reduced noise levels slightly What I d like help with is finding an ideal fan setup for my case which will keep it as quiet as possible but also keep it cool I use the computer for gaming using resource-hungry programs like the Adobe suite I know there s going to need to be a compromise and I m fine with that but I think I d prefer it to be more geared towards the silent side rather than performance My questions are Do I need a side or top fan If so what sizes do I need and should they blow air in to the case or suck it out Should the rear fan be sucking air into the case or blowing it out Can I replace the fan on the Arctic Cooling Freezer to a Sharkoon because the freezer fan is the noisiest of the lot What is the actual size of the front case fan I d like to replace this as this isn t very quiet either I m open to any suggestions as I am clueless when it comes to building computers I just know how to use them Thanks Tom nbsp

A:Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

Lol, lovely username Tom.

I don't think you're going to get the case as quiet as I know you'd like, but as I've said before, maybe your best option is a fan controller, so you can turn down the noise when your working and then increase the fans for when your gaming to provide additional cooling performance.

If a controller isn't an option, I'd probably pip for Noctua NF-S12B FLX Ultra Quiet 120mm fans (one in top, one in side and one in the rear -- all as exhaust) as 60CFM @ 18dB is about the best you'll get for "silent" fans. Not cheap though, but will last years and years.

Combined with the intake fan at the front of the case and the other three all running as exhaust will cause the case to run negative air pressure, which is exactly how I ran my HAF 912+ -- The downside is the case will get dusty inside faster, but it will suck out heat much faster and run the computer cooler in my experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-setup-suggestions-for-the-haf-922.186550/
Relevancy 24.08%

I Win7(64) no "color scan" with Omnipage17 option see Mailpup or moved me to hardware I doubt this is a hardware issue As indicated below all worked properly under XPSP It is only under Win that this issue has cropped up So I am not sure if this is the best place In short Omnipage is not communicating properly with my Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17 Mustek A scanner on a Win system There were no issues with this software and scanner running on xpsp Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks Longer Description Wondering how to get color capability with OP on my Win system Currently all I can get are B amp W and Grayscale for my scan options All scanner quot sizes quot B -A letter and legal are available in the Tools- gt Options - gt Scanner toolbox and they work properly So OP is partially working with the scanner NOTE OP was working properly fully with this scanner on my old xpsp system System Information Omnipage Professional version Product ID OP- - - OS Win Computer Dell Vostro i processor Scanner Mustek SE A USB Pro What I have done Downloaded the lasted drivers ScanExpress A USB WIN zip from Mustek Uninstalled the old driver installation from Device Manager Reboot Reinstall Mustek software Reboot Open Omnipage - gt Tools - gt Options - gt Scanner - gt Setup Download Latest Scanner Database from Nuance Select amp Test Scanner TWAIN SE A USB Pro - gt Next Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes The scanner is already in the database Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes Close any other applications that might be using your scanner - gt Next After running all available tests Omnipage still cannot see the scanner s color capability Testing the Scanner from Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Diagnostics - gt Test Scanner quot Successfully completed the diagnostic test quot Testing by Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Start Scan Here the quot Color quot Option is available And it successfully creates a color scan I found no help on this topic at Nuance Either Knowledge base or Forums Google coming up dry too Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

Typically this is a driver problem. find the driver from the print/scanner manufacturer and dl/install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-64-no-color-scan-option-with-omnipage17.186106/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey Guys,

I recently got a new laptop with two drives, my 120GB SSD which I boot from, and a 750GB HDD.
Right now I am trying to figure out how to keep crap that I don't want off my SSD as I would like to actually be able to install a few programs on it. I have tried going into the registry and changing "ProgramFilesDir", "ProgramFilesDir (x86)", ProgramW6432Dir", "CommonFilesDir", "CommonFilesDir (x86)", and "CommonW6432Dir" to my HDD with limited success - I cant remember if I rebooted before I tested it out, but I believe I did.

At anyrate, if you have and tips/suggestions for managing my files with multiple drives I would love to hear them!

Thanks,

Matt

A:Multi-drive setup

The single best thing you can do is map the "home" folders over to the mechanical disk. A SSD with 120GB is more than enough for the OS and pretty much all applications, as I currently use a 64GB SSD to do the same thing.

What you want to do is click start, then go to your "home" folder, and you'll see this:

All of your folders can be mapped to another disk, stopping files from building up on your SSD. To change the location of the folder, select a folder, then click the right mouse button, and choose properties.

Click the location tab, and then click move, and select the new location (create the folder on your mechanical disk with the same name e.g. my example is "Desktop," and I have it located on my 2TB mechanical disk.

Here is the folder I've created on my larger disk:

Select the folder, and press "select folder", then click apply, and "yes" when asked if you'd like to move the files in the existing folder to the new location. Repeat for all of your "home" folders.

In future all files will build up in the "home" folders on your mechanical disk, not your SSD.

I have several Adobe CS6 titles, as well as Office 2013, and around 50 other applications all installed on my SSD along with Windows 7 Pro, and I've still got 14.4GB free, so you should have considerably more free space on yours.

Installing applications on the SSD means they can use the increased performance it offers. However, there is little point installing games on the SSD, as the difference it makes is minimal, as the only time it "feels" faster is when loading maps or between turns. Games also use considerably more space than most applications do, so its not a very cost-effective way of utilising the SSD's limited storage.

You can install applications to another disk by changing the install location during setup. I'd advise you either create a separate partition for them if you intend to do so, but also keep to the same format (e.g. create a Program Files and Program Files X86 folders, and install them as required inside there.

As you'll see from the "my computer" image above, I have my games on a separate partition, and data on another (both make up a 1TB disk) which I use as a second location should I need to install storage heavy applications.

It is not recommended to make registry changes or to manually drag and drop "Program File" folders onto the mechanical disk as it can cause all manner of problems. If you want to move them, I recommend you first uninstall the application, then re-install it in the new location.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-drive-setup.184798/
Relevancy 24.51%

im trying to put together a pc from parts I already own, how ever I have problems with understanding compatbility with hardware. perhaps if someone has the time they might be able to help me?

I have an antec nsk4400 case what type of mother board can I use with this
also I have a pair of 1gig (2gigs total) ram that is PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs I would like to add another pair of 2gig PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs for a total of 6gigs so im assuming the mother board has to have 4 slots for ram and also support PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs
I was hoping to find a compatible setup using these components and also would like to add a processor with built in graphics how hard is this to accomplish? if it helps my main goal is to have a decent gaming pc that can run gw2 and league of legends with ease.

A:Barebone setup

also these are the system requirements for both games thanks for anyone who takes the time to help me out

LOL
Minimum System Requirements:
?2 GHz processor
?1 GB RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 2 GB of RAM or more)
?2 GB available hard disk space
?Shader version 2.0 capable video card
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
?Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. (Note: Mac OS and Linux are not currently supported.)
Recommended System Requirements
?3 GHz processor
?2 GB of RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users should use 4 GB of RAM or more.)
?6 GB available hard disk space
?GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM))
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
?Windows XP with the latest service pack installed, Windows Vista with the latest service pack installed, or Windows 7 (As stated above: Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported.)
?The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft

GW2
Minimum System Requirements Announced
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Intel Core? 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon? 64 X2 or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (257MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 25 GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/barebone-setup.184510/
Relevancy 28.81%

hi all my daughter has told me she used to press the email button on her laptop and access her emails now it doesnt access the emails sorry not uch info .but does anyone have a clue what is wrong or what I could do or try thanks

A:Can't access email from email button

Does the laptop come w/ a program to customize keyboard settings? Maybe that a look at that. My Logitech keyboard came w/ a program called Setpoint which allows me to choose what email program to open when the button is pressed. I had an eMachine keyboard w/ an email button that opens up the default email program. So that's something else to check. Maybe the computer forgot what the default email program is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-email-from-email-button.183234/
Relevancy 22.36%

I ve a pc with the flg specs AMD Phenom x T ghz stock speed Transcend Mhz ddr GB x GB sticks XFX Radeon HD gb Graphic card M A -EM motherboard Seagate TB RPM primary hdd Seagate x gb RPM for storing my stuff CM Extreme Power Plus W psu I ve been using this pc for past yrs and no problems so far Recently I ve used the quot M A M quot Motherboard along with Frontech DDR x GB RAM The processor graphic card hdd and remaining components are same while playing PC My games crashes except the board and RAM The build worked nicely Now I ve reverted to my own board M A ---- I was playing games like NFS Hot Pursuit My PC crashes while playing games Just Cause and so on After a few minutes of gameplay the pc crashes without any error Not even check for solution msg box no BSOD No events recorded in event viewer So today I reformatted my pc and installed windows Ultimate X But the problem is unsolved I ve checked my hdds for bad sectors My PC crashes while playing games defragmented the disks checked for malware viruses with kaspersky All are working fine except the games And also the firefox is crashing while viewing the pages with flash content No overheating issues and the hardware is properly fitted Thermal paste is also fine Checked the RAM with memtest for over hrs and found no errors Pls solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My PC crashes while playing games

This is kind of a shot in the dark but if you can, try swapping out the power supply. If that doesn't work try swapping out the videocard or running it with the onboard video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-crashes-while-playing-games.183226/
Relevancy 24.08%

My current video card in my desktop computer is apparently dying I could be wrong but I just haven t been able to figure out what else the problem could be I deleted all drivers and started future buy video card for to and current What setup both over The drivers I had previously were the most current apparently but I reinstalled from a new download I also deleted all Flash and started over and same with Java My display crashes constantly in Firefox and almost always when I try to play a video online Sometimes even when I click on something anything in Firefox bam The screen goes black and the computer is still running IE is not even usable anymore So What video card to buy for both current and future setup I reboot and start over with every crash This has been going on for a couple months I am going to be upgrading almost everything soon I like my old roomy Chieftek Dragon case with lots of fans so I may be able to keep that Below is what I currently have I realize that a video card that will be great for my coming system will not function to its fullest on my current system but if it s just an improvement for now that s fine I don t want to have to buy one now and one later Current system Motherboard - Gigabyte P Titan GA- S FX-L Graphic interface - AGP X X b Current video card - VisionTek ATI Radeon HD put in Memory - GB maxed out Crucial CPU - P CPU Speed - Ghz Power Supply Make Model - Antec Neo HE Watt output Amperage - w ATX V OS - XP Pro up to date Future Intel Core i Ghz already have this and GB RAM What video cards do you recommend for my situation I use this desktop computer mostly as the hub in the home network for graphics photography running Adobe graphics software web design writing and communications home office and general use My laptop is my music recording computer Thanks so much I hope to solve this very quickly nbsp

A:What video card to buy for both current and future setup

Current and Future!

There is no such card.

You currently have an AGP interface and I'm willing to bet your future motherboard will be PCIe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-card-to-buy-for-both-current-and-future-setup.179893/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Guys About months ago my laptop started to act up The screen would get jumpy horizaontal lines flashign across it and then it would cut out altho lights are still on the screen would needed advice of crashes, sure Inspiron not HP cause, be black I would turn it off and turn it on and it may not happen again for a HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed day week or even month Now things have worsened it now happens every session often failing to start altogether The jumping has worsened too it can become heavily pixalated and distorted making a weird noise as if the audio has been caught while it froze Sometimes the screen goes black and the audio continues as normal for a few seconds then dies too Sometimes a blue screen appears telling me it is dumping physical memory this scares me so i usually turn it off quickly Im noit sure if the following is correlation or causation but occasionally this jumping and freezing etc is brought about by me moving the screen of laptop slightly IT does seem to last longer if i have the laptop some where stationary All in all im very confused i brought it to a repair shop and he told me it was not the hardrive so must be the motherboard and therefore v expensive I didnt really get the trusting vibe off him so im worried hes just saying that so i spend big cash with him Im trying to decide what the problem is any ideas If it is the motherboard is it worth fixing If i do buy a new laptop is there any resale in mine for parts If you require any further details im happy to try but i dont have much computer knowledge hence why my title is not very techy Cheers guys Shane nbsp

A:HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed

"HP Inspiron crashes"...

You must mean Dell Inspiron, don't you? What is the model or service tag number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-inspiron-crashes-not-sure-of-cause-advice-needed.179414/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone, I got a new mobo and cpu yesterday and after installing all the parts I put my old hdd in, after the pc boots I got an error; no hard disk detected. i know the hdd is fine because i put it back in my old build and it booted fine, i know when installing a new mobo you should format which ive been trying to do but when i reach the window where you choose the language theres no mouse or keyboard working, and i know the mouse and keyboard is fine because i used both in the boot menu. my current specs are p8z68-v asus intel i5 2500k nvidia 560ti asus corsair 850watts 8gb ram 500gb hdd ps; sorry for poor grammar and spelling mistakes but was forced to write this on my phone. Also, i looked in my bios and it clearly names both my hdd and blu ray drive.

A:New mobo doesn't detect HDD, no mouse or keyboard control in Windows setup

First, try the basics. Take out the 560 and just install the RAM, CPU, HDD and PSU and see if you can get to BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-doesnt-detect-hdd-no-mouse-or-keyboard-control-in-windows-setup.178133/
Relevancy 27.52%

I want to use virtualbox software it says in settings that you need to enable the virtualization option in host system to add more than one cpu.But in the bios i was unable to find the option.Please help me.

A:Unable to see virtualization option in BIOS

may not support it. make sure you look up the processor you have and check if it supports it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-see-virtualization-option-in-bios.177946/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello

I have windows XP. There are instructions on the net to use NTBACKUP.MSI. Even though I downloaded the file the computer can't find the file.

Whats the best way to back up to a portable hard drive on a regular basis?

ALSO

I also would like to back up my address book to the portable hard drive.

Thanks Heaps

A:Back up XP + email addresses to portable hard drive

What email program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/back-up-xp-email-addresses-to-portable-hard-drive.177972/
Relevancy 24.51%

guys my board only supports xfire and I'm currently sporting a gtx 460 I want to go with a xfire setup and have been offered a hf 4890 or I could sell the card and spend 40 more on a hd5770 any ideas as the performance seams pretty similar on both cards

A:I want to go with a Crossfire setup

How important is DX11 to you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-go-with-a-crossfire-setup.177806/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, i have had my laptop for a year almost and i have had this problem most of the time. when i try and watch videos(youtube) the screen goes blank for a few seconds then it comes back on telling me that the "desktop driver stopped working and has recoverd". it also says "desktop manager stopped working and was closed." can someone please help?

system details:
Pentium(R) Dual-Core
CPU T4500
2.30ghz 2.30ghz

64 bit operating system
3gb RAM

A:My laptop crashes whilst watching videos

Please tell us more about computer brand and model, opeating system, etc.
You are missing software or drivers, usually free, than will enable proper operation when downloaded and installed from the maker of your computer, or your operating system.
It could also be resources limits such as memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-crashes-whilst-watching-videos.174546/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys. I recently installed my first liquid cooling system. It is currently cooling just the CPU, but I am upgrading so I can liquid cool my two GTX 460s as well. My question is, how? Do I split the incoming water three ways and send one tube to each component (CPU, 460, 460). Or do I go through the CPU, out to the first 460, out to the second 460, to the pump/reservoir, back to the CPU. I ask because I figured the water would be hot coming out of the CPU and it wouldn't make sense to go directly to other parts that need to be cooled. On the other hand, splitting the water 3 ways seems like it would weaken the flow enough that all three parts wouldn't be cooled ver well. So neither system seems quite right. Am I missing something?

A:Help with new water-cooling setup

Don't split the flow three ways, keep it going from one waterblock to the next. If you're concerned about it getting too hot on the CPU, then flowing to the video cards, I'd suggest throwing a second radiator inbetween, usually just a single 120mm, then a 240mm or bigger as the flow leaves the video cards. Another option is to create a second loop, with it's own individual reservoir, pump, and radiator, but that adds more expense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-new-water-cooling-setup.175704/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi Guys I just bought an Acer Aspire z- laptop It has windows and a realtek sound card The problem is that I am not getting a good sound from my headphones when I connect them to the laptop I have tried pairs and I face the same issue I tried changing the settings from realtek control panel but there is no specific option for headphones there Also in control panel gt sound gt manage audio devices there is no option for headphones I have selected both quot show disabled devices quot and quot show disconnected devices quot and still i cannot see any option for headphones I sent out a mail laptop for headphones option my No new settings in sound in :( to acer tech support and they said that I have to control my headphones using the quot speakers option quot that I see under control panel gt sound gt manage audio devices Can it be like that I thought I should be seeing all the options since it is a windows feature I have updated all the drivers and all but nothing seems to be working Please help me out over here Thanks in advance Lovish nbsp

A:No option for headphones in sound settings in my new laptop :(

Yes, in the Windows 7 Control Panel you will see a "Sound Option". Select headphones and select configure...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-option-for-headphones-in-sound-settings-in-my-new-laptop.175746/
Relevancy 18.06%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ms-outlook-connection-with-exchange-2003.176076/
Relevancy 24.51%

Guys Having an issue with setting up a new router on my PC I simply cannot get onto directly from my PC to configure the router I m running XP Pro and router setup with Problem I currently use the Huawei E dongle for internet access I purchased the Sapido GR- router which will allow me to put the dongle in the USB port amp set it as the WAN access I still have the dongle plugged directly into the PC for Internet access at the moment I initially had issues with setting up an IP address getting the xxx xxx issue but have managed to sort that now via PortForward Static IP amongst other things My problem is when logging onto to set up the router it times out most of the time I can ping which is the built in Intel Pro NIC but when I ping sometimes it times out other times it has no problems and other times it will lose packet However it NEVER gets me to the config area the furthest I ve gotten is to the username password screen When running ipconfig all it currently shows up the following Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Problem with router setup Description Intel Pro NIC Physical Address gives MAC Address DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Server I currently have the TCP IP Properties manually configured as when I had the Obtain IP address automatically clicked it would give me the etc address which I believe is a DHCP issue but am not sure at the moment However as it is also a wireless router I can connect to the router config screen via my iPhone and have set the router to DHCP server but this hasn t helped at all Finally the ethernet cable is brand new and when I plug it in out the Network Connection recognises it so I don t think the cable is the issue and have tried different e net ports in case that was an issue I ve reset the router powered on off disabled firewall etc all to no avail At this stage I m completely flummexed I don t have another PC to try it on in case that is suggested Appreciate amp and all help Will P S I should add that both my G and NIC card IP are both Static IP s nbsp

A:Problem with router setup

Have you tried obtaining IP automatically with your iphone? Does the phone get 192.168.1.x address? If it does, you may have a problem with your NIC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-router-setup.174993/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello everyone Since my computer worked fine last years ago now its coming some damn problems My computer specs p qc gfx gb ram intel dual core e tb and crashes Games not others seventeam w Problem Some games crashes or i get some distorcion graphics while playing or after a video like go after menu And after that i must press ALT F doesnt work often or i have to restart pushing the button And usually i get BSOD probably memory idk it was so fast i have downloaded somes games to test out Payday The Heist if i play on low resolution it doesnt crash Trine got distorcion graphics and after bsod Might amp Magic Heroes IV cant Games crashes and others not even pass the after intro it crash on menu Mass Effect after min got crash Deus EX sometimes i got lag Games crashes and others not slow run game Duke Nukem Forever same got lag slow run game games that workout without Games crashes and others not problem Far Cry Wow League of Legends Diablo Beta Assassin Creeds Revelations very rarely i got crash or distorced graphics Things i ve done only Ive already updated my video card cleaned the ram slots ram Thigs i should do update bios motherboard any other suggestions or probably its the best to send my computer to tecnical assistance to solve my problems Thanks And english is not my second language nbsp

A:Games crashes and others not

Have you checked your GPU temps? It may be overheating while you play some games. Temperatures above 90 C or so under load would be worrisome. Also, a 500 watt PSU is not very much for a GTX 285. Nvidia recommends at least 550 watts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-crashes-and-others-not.175415/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just started getting this error today. I thought it was due to some malware I had gotten but the malware forum tech support said everything looks fine. I get this message right as my VPN is about to authenticate. Can anyone help? This is driving me up the wall!

A:Cisco VPN AnyConnect issue: The VPN client was unable to setup IP filtering

What PC hardware are you working with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cisco-vpn-anyconnect-issue-the-vpn-client-was-unable-to-setup-ip-filtering.174986/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone, my computer crashes when I play games. The computer is still on, but the monitor says "no signal input"
any help would be appreciated, also i have attached a dxdiag file

A:Video crashes while gaming

Have you tried updating you Nvidia 9600 drivers from this website:
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-crashes-while-gaming.175059/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 22.36%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 24.51%

It comes a time when you get bored by the usual computer set up (Primary HDD for OS and Backup HDD for all your media).......

Currently I have some unused hard drives lying around so I decided to have some fun.......unfortunately, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SETTING UP RAID CONFIGURATIONS......so please start from the basics

1. What hardware do I need?
2. How do I set it up?
3. How do I test?
4. .....Just random but is it worth it? Pros and Cons

Feel free to recommend hardware, I might do some shopping!
Thnx in advance.

A:What do you need to setup a RAID configuration?

1. You need a motherboard with RAID capability or add-on RAID controller
2. I suggest you Google for types of RAID Arrays, and Data redundancy
3. The RAID controller will do this for you. You will have to reload the operating system if you change or add a RAID array drive if you don't use an array with data redundancy.

I have a stripped RAID array with no data redundancy. This is for maximum data access speed. It is made up of 3 500GB drives, giving me 1.36TB single drive. You think it would be 1.5TB, but because of "overhead" the total usable space is 1.36TB. I have a 4th 500GB drive for back up that's not part of the RAID array

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-you-need-to-setup-a-raid-configuration.172268/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have a server, a monitor, a laptop, cables and connectors and a copy of microsoft server 2008. can someone help me or guide me where to look to learn how to connect all of this together and set up the old laptop for a new user?

thank you,
tnb1415

A:Networking setup

Windows Server 2008 Step-by-Step Guides For Microsoft
Windows Server 2008 Tutorial from infotechGuyz.com
networking Articles & Tutorials for Windows Server 2008 from windowsnetworking.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-setup.171835/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have looked all over the internet and cannot find it.

looks like DFI took all the support pages down as well! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

A:Need manual for LANParty UT NF3 250GB

Found it yet?

Hey there,

Just wondering if you found the manual yet?
I am looking everywhere to try and find one but no luck yet...

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-manual-for-lanparty-ut-nf3-250gb.167652/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello there,

my friend wants a new PSU for his system. His specs are the same as mine (we both had the same PC built), but his system has a 9800GT 512MB. He will be considering to buy a GTX 560 Ti in the near future.

Which PSU will be better for this setup? Is the AX 650 worth the extra cash?

Thanks in advance

A:HX650 or AX650 -- which is better for this setup?

The HX series is built by Channel Well which I am not a big fan of. Channel Well built the infamous Antec Smart Power 2.0 series a few years ago, the failure rate was so high that Antec subsequently stopped using Channel Well as an OEM, although Channel Well has improved in quality and they no longer use highly failure prone caps they are still not on my list of preferred OEMs. The AX series is built by Seasonic which is one of the best OEMs of power supplies making it the better of the two. If you don't need the gold efficiency rating of the AX want a cheaper unit I would go with the Seasonic built Corsair TX series, The Delta Built Antec EA-750, High Current Gamer/ High Current Pro series (HCP-750 is gold certified and cheaper than the AX650), or the Seasonic X-series. Seasonic and Delta are among the best OEMs of power supplies around so any unit built by either one is a good bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hx650-or-ax650-which-is-better-for-this-setup.171542/
Relevancy 21.93%

i think there is something wrong with my hardware..i have noticed that when ever i move the screen or move the laptop then it either freezes or crashes..

do you have any idea which hardware may be faulty??

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whenever-i-move-my-laptops-screen-it-freezes-or-crashes.171448/
Relevancy 32.25%

SOLVEDPrinter asks for manual feed paper only when trying to print from the computer?

The computer at work copies, scans and accepts faxes just fine but when I go to print from microsoft word it asks for a manual paper feed, if manually fed it will print. What the heck? We want it to use the auto paper feed like it does every other time. I updated the drivers with no improvement.

Samsung scx-4623f

This computer was riddled with viruses before I started working here maybe thats the problem I dont think so though.

Its not just mic word it does the same thing via int explorer print job.

NOTFIXED
You have to select try one instead of auto select in the paper option.

OK this worked for a day the same problem is back any advice?

FIXED Maybe
Changed the printer paper size seems to be working.

A:Printer asks for manual feed paper only when trying to print from the computer?

It fixed it for a day so I am bumping the problem is back.

FIXED MAYBE
Changed the printer paper size seems to be working.

NOT FIXED
Dang thing is asking for manual feed again ill try to turn it to different paper sizes idk.

Ok this seems to only happen when I use microsoft office 2007, after I try to print with that program the problem occurs on anything I try to print from the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-asks-for-manual-feed-paper-only-when-trying-to-print-from-the-computer.171042/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a gateway laptop with windows vista. Sometimes when I plug in my printer a USB port the computer crashes. Then I have to take out the battery and put it back in to start it up again. It seems to do this more when I have my wireless mouse plugged in but still does it when no other devices are in use. Most of the posts I've seen are crash and automatic reboot. Not me! Any ideas?

A:Computer crashes when plugging in printer with no reboot

Sounds like drivers. particularly USB but it could also be motherboard USB controller drivers as well. Do you get Blue Screens? Do you have the latest drivers from Gateway installed for your particular model? Do you have Vista's latest Service Pack and drivers updated?

If not do so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-when-plugging-in-printer-with-no-reboot.171195/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently bought a video card and installed it into my computer However every time I try to install the software I get this card - video error installation driver display standard with VGA Setup message Setup was unable to complete the installation Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup Click to expand I m completely confused because I m using a standard VGA driver Windows automatically installed it after I disabled my integrated graphics I can t figure this problem out and get the video card to work on my computer so any tips would be hugely appreciated Video Card Info Video card Visiontek Radeon Video Card MB PCI w DVI Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error TV-OUT from TigerDirect ca tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Software VisionTek Radeon ATI System Info Windows Manufacturer Acer Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- GHz Installed memory RAM GB MB usable System type -bit Operating System Screenshots Installation error message i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer atiproblem jpg Device manager i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer Devicemanager- jpg nbsp

A:Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error

You went into your BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics? Um you might try a free program like Driver Sweeper to remove whatever remains of the old video drivers. For some reason the new video driver installer does not see your new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-display-with-standard-vga-driver-video-card-installation-error.170188/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a T1 backbone connected to a Linksys wireless 4 port N router running 2 hubs and 1 websmart POE switch. I need to bring in another network on the same T1 backbone, keeping it separated from my current network with it's own DHCP router. I'm thinking I need to go from the T1 to a hub uplink port, then out to the ethernet port on both routers. Keeping the current setting on #1 router 192.168.1.1 and assigning an IP to the #2 Linksys router 192.168.2.1. I'm not sure if this will work, but it seems right, right?

A:How do I connect T1 to two DHCP routers, setup two networks

Thanks Rick

Thanks for your input Rick.
Currently I do have the T1 in the WAN port of my Linksys wireless router. This is my network DHCP server and has been working great. We have a school moving into my church building and I'm trying to provide them with their own LAN and internet. I'm not going to spend the cash for VLAN stuff, not cost effective. So I guess I'll just have to give them a router with static IP routing and their IT guy will have to assign IP's to each of their machines. My Linksys router is managing about 20 user stations and 5/8 wireless each day. This leaves me about 20 IP avail for my network. I could easly manage the school's needs without another DHCP router, but I don't want them to see my shared folders on my network. The static solution is the only one I can think of. Plus I don't want to use up my IP's.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-connect-t1-to-two-dhcp-routers-setup-two-networks.169932/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey there everyone on TechSpot...

Recently I upgraded from a Geforce 6800 GS to an ATI Radeon HD3850 (both AGP)
After having carefully followed all the steps required to install a new graphics card
(i.e. deleting of old drivers, installing the new ones etc.) I still get an error. In particular this one: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

I even contacted the manufacturer of the card (Sapphire) but they weren't of much help, giving me a constant list to do things that I had already done.

I uploaded the latest 2 minidumps that were created from the crashes to (possibly) help solve the issue. (edit) I also uploaded my dxdiag, in case my other system specs are gonna be requested.

Hope you guys can help me,

Greets

A:Radeon HD 3850 crashes

The AGP standard is getting old. How old is this PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-3850-crashes.169840/
Relevancy 23.22%

Heres my problem , so my computer dvd and cd drives failed i kept getting mssg select boot device and reboot. then i used a cd drive fromanother computer connected it with xp windows cd and now im getting error in setup"setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer" please help this computer used to work fine before and was xp before..thankyou in advance!

A:Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your computer

Check you bios settings if it is detecting your HDD.

/edit/

Check also the jumper settings of the CD drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-computer.169834/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have noticed that my computer (and many others) have an option called "PCI-LAN" or similar in the BIOS boot menu (when I press F8 I get the option to choose boot device, HDD, CD, USB and PCI-LAN).

I'm just curious, what is this for, and how could I use it?

A:LAN boot option in BIOS

Not sure about PCI-LAN, sounds like a NIC.
Are you referring to PXE booting?
That is where you set up an image on a server that people can boot from without having the OS actually on their hard drive.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preboot_Execution_Environment

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-boot-option-in-bios.168805/
Relevancy 24.08%

I was curious if The Enthusiast's PC was the best setup that can be built for under $2k This includes All hardware and Software. (multiple monitors is a + also)

Strong emphasis on DirectX 11 games and Battlefield 3.

any takers to the challenge?

A:Gaming setup full package for under $2k?

syde said:

I was curious if The Enthusiast's PC was the best setup that can be built for under $2k This includes All hardware and Software. (multiple monitors is a + also)

Strong emphasis on DirectX 11 games and Battlefield 3.

any takers to the challenge?Click to expand...

at this point being this close to a new line of CPU's, the possible performance increase, and the effect on pricing from both sides, I would wait until sept if you can. You might benefit from it greatly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-setup-full-package-for-under-2k.168107/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am about to build a custom PC for the first time and although I know enough about the subject, I'd like to ask you experts for your opinion.

MoBo: MSI P67A-GD53 (B3)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K
RAM: Crosair CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 DDR3 4GB 1333 MHz

Just wanted to make sure those would all support each other. The rest (videocard (geForce 240 GT), hdd etc) I already have from my old setup.

Thanks in advance

A:Is this a good custom setup?

they look good to me but imo i would go with 1600 mhz ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-custom-setup.167566/
Relevancy 23.65%

Anyone tried a 5000/6000 series Radeon for video, HDCP, etc., along with FireMV low-end 2D multi-monitor display cards?

I'm trying to build a dual-use system where a couple of the monitor can be driven by a Radeon capable of transcoding, Blu-Ray, HDCP, etc. and the others are just low-wattage DisplayPort 2D cards for financial screens.

Can they co-exist in the same system, assuming the correct drivers are installed to each, etc.?

I don't need or want the power consumption or dual-slot use for 6 2D displays, nor do they have to do any digital "heavy lifting", but I don't mind, and sort of need, if possible, a modest 4000/5000/6000 Radeon card for a couple of the monitors.

Odd, I know, but has anyone tried anything approaching this?

Thanks.

A:ATI HD5000 or HD6000 & FireMV multi-monitor setup - can you?

Any HD4000 series card or above is capable of displaying two screens, either mirrored, or extended across two displays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-hd5000-or-hd6000-firemv-multi-monitor-setup-can-you.166439/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi.
My name is Wayne. I'm not a professional with computers. I'm 59 years old, and just got my first computer 3 years ago. I recently grabbed a laptop just before it was to be tossed in the dumpster at my job. It's a Compaq Presario 1266. It's old. It has Windows 98 on it. I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro. It will go as far as the starting windows screen, blue screen. It will not go to the welcome to windows setup screen so that I can delete the windows 98. My first question. Is this old, I think it's a notebook, not laptop, worht all the effort? If so, how can I resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to learn more about how to do these things. I can barely attach files in an email. Thank you.

A:Can't get to Windows setup screen when installing XP Pro

Yup, this is an old system. Unless it has been upgraded with more memory it will not run XP.

The specs show 32MB or RAM (XP needs a minimum of 64MB)
A 333MHz CPU and a 4GB or optional 6.4GB hard drive.

Even if you get this going it will be very, very slow by modern day standards. Windows 98 is probably the best system to have on it.

Worth the effort, I doubt it, but depends what you want to use it for and if you don't want to do anything in a hurry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-to-windows-setup-screen-when-installing-xp-pro.166421/
Relevancy 24.51%

Done loads of research and ive finally bought a gaming pc. This cost me 800.

Heres it is..

MSI GeForce GTX 570 OC Twin FrozR III Power Edition 1280MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Intel Core i7 950 3.06GHz (Bloomfield) (Socket LGA1366) - Retail with FREE Shogun 2 Game

Asus P6X58D-E Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard

Cooler Master CM690-II Lite Dominator Case & GX 750W Power Supply

G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM)

Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache - OEM (HD103UJ)

LG GH22NS50 22x DVDRW SATA ReWriter (Black) - OEM

Im hoping to play most games on high end performance and id like to be apple to play battlefield on relitivly high graphics.

Tell me what you think, thanks!

A:Is this a good gaming PC setup?

It should work nicely for you... I don't care for anything CoolerMaster or Asus but many here do. Good luck with the setup... Check out my specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-pc-setup.166310/
Relevancy 24.08%

Background: Built a different system with new M/B, CPU, and case (Win7). Transferred GeForce 7300 video card over and put in new PCi-e bus....NO video, even with embedded video disabled and bios set for it....the only video I can get is using embedded ATI Radeon 4200.

However, I have loaded and reloaded drivers for the Radeon and for the monitor (Samsung T220). Device manager shows monitor and display adapter to be correct. But when I try to set display resolution in control panel, the monitor native display resolution of 1650 X 1080 is not available, and the monitor just shows "VGA". Closest I can get is 1600 X 1200. So, I am stuck having to use only the embedded video and a resolution that my monitor doesn't exactly like.......ANY HELP APPRECIATED! I am not a gamer, but use this for a lot of Photoshop CS5 work.

p.s. I have an Radeon 5670 on order....will this even work?

A:Help with monitor resolution/setup after upgrade?

Hi, I always get the same problem with my onboard graphics card on windows 7, I personally install the right drivers and it works, but sometimes it fails so i use the closest like what you have there and i apply i don't click ok, so that if it doesn't work, it will bring me back to that screen in 15secs.
However now that you are going to get the new Radeon 5670, that will solve the equation.
If u still want to use you old card, then you have to get new versions of the drivers or you may have to install them manually.
Hope that helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-monitor-resolution-setup-after-upgrade.166149/
Relevancy 21.93%

I'm having some serious issues with my PC; I recently switched Motherboards to an M2N-SLI board with my Radeon HD 4880 graphics card. I updated my drivers and everything, but I still get crashes whenever I start a graphics intensive game (Portal 2, even CS:S) I'm not sure what it could be. Any help available?

A:Radeon HD 4880 crashes after switching to M2N-SLI Mobo

When you changed motherboards did you re-use the old hard drive? If so, did you reinstall Windows or perform a Windows repair? If neither, then try a repair first. If that doesn't work, you may have to reinstall Windows from scratch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-4880-crashes-after-switching-to-m2n-sli-mobo.165104/
Relevancy 23.22%

My acer laptop has been like this for awhile since i paid for it to be fixed,when im doing a letter for example and i turn on the CAPS LOCK button it goes into caps ok,but i have to press the BUTTON UNDERNEATH CAPS LOCK CALLED SHIFT TO GET CAPS LOCK TO TURN OFF!!!

does anyone know how i get it back to factory keyboard settings?just a simple caps on and off button would be nice today lol!
cheers.

A:Acer Aspire 5315 keyboard setup, capslock problem

The keyboard may be defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5315-keyboard-setup-capslock-problem.164818/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, firstly I have a working knowledge of home computers and have been asked to sort out our computers in the office.

At the moment we have 3 desktops and two laptops running off of a server. The problem is the server keeps crashing and we can't access any emails or the shared drive we all use to store company information. We are getting fed up with the IT company we contract to sort out our computer needs. I was wondering if we even need a network server - would it be reasonable in the short term to just have a networked hard drive or two that we can all access. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the benefit of a server is ?
I will say this is a new company and our IT needs may increase rapidly in the near future.

Thanks

A:Advice for our office network

A server is just another system, specially configured, to run Services and store common data.

A WEB server (aka google.com) has an HTTP Service running on port 80
and a backend process that find user search keywords in a database and returns an HTML output of those URLs.

A common 'Server' for business is the Windows Server {2000, 2003, and now 2008).

The Windows Server(WS) can be configured to provide

1. a local DNS Service

2. a local DHCP service

3. an LDAP (or Active Directory Service)

4. and frequently an Exchange Server (for email)

Services 1+2 then control your company hardware network and service lookups.

Shared data is usually kept on the WS and accessed as Shared Directories.

The brute-force simple network just uses a system to contain the Shared Directories

and everyone just does his/her own thing (ie no domain.name and no email server {which doesn't look good or show much professionalism} ).

If Joe Doe jr, IT-Guy can't give you a stable WS, get another. This time ensure that
you get refunds of the monthly service fee for every hour of down time (if they balk at this, select another - - they're not too professional either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-our-office-network.164408/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone As the title of this thread suggests I ve been having a problem with the connections tray of my laptop Essentially the light indicating Wi-Fi is on goes out and the taskbar icons that show me network connectivity stop responding Re-starting the computer regains functionality but before the computer shuts down I see an quot End Program - Connections Tray quot countdown dialog This only happens when I m using Wi-Fi and it occurs sporadically In an attempt to fix this problem I did both spyware and virus scans nothing was found I tried re-installing the drivers for my Wi-Fi card and that didn t fix the problem About this laptop - Dell Inspiron purchased in I upgraded the RAM in January of this year from GB to GB - OS Windows XP SP Information as provided by PC Wizard Platform Intel Centrino Mainboard Dell XD Chipset Intel i PM Processor Intel Core Duo T MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Video Card ATI Mobility Radeon X Omega Hard Disk FUJITSU MHW BH GB DVD-Rom Drive SONY DVD -RW DW-Q A Monitor Type XD W NX - inches Network tray Connections crashes Card Broadcom BCM x Base-TX Fast Ethernet Controller Network Card Connections tray crashes Intel PRO Wireless ABG Golan Network Connection Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack -bit DirectX Version c October Advice appreciated - Connections tray crashes Mage nbsp

A:Connections tray crashes

Download and run Superantispyware Free and run it. Tell us what it finds

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connections-tray-crashes.163494/
Relevancy 27.52%

I believe I am talking about quot fake quot raid here To the point I am building a file server using FreeNAS with a PC thats over a few years old I d say around - years RAID best PCIe, option? PCI and cards, wanting to set up a RAID function with this I ve learned after a bit of reading that there are such things as fake raid where the processor actually handle where the data goes and this is fine as these RAID cards, PCI and PCIe, best option? also seem to be much cheaper I m using a bit older mobo can post model later upon request that has SATA ports for RAID or I am considering getting a card to support up to HDDs Here are options I ve been looking at Syba PCI Express SATA II x Ports RAID Controller Card SY-PEX Adaptec RAID SA - Storage controller RAID - Channel - SATA- low profile - MBps - RAID JBOD - PCI Express x SYBA SY-PCI PCI Low Profile SATA II Gb s Controller Card Adaptec -R SA PCI Express X -Port SATA GBS Low-profile Host RAID Controller Now I realize Amazon com doesnt give good descriptions Also is there a RAID function build into FreeNAS I cannot seem to get window shares to work with that so I still need to work that out using nbsp

A:RAID cards, PCI and PCIe, best option?

Here are options I've been looking at.

Syba PCI Express SATA II 4 x Ports RAID Controller Card SY-PEX40008

Adaptec RAID 1430SA - Storage controller (RAID) - 4 Channel - SATA-300 low profile - 300 MBps - RAID 0, 1, 10, JBOD - PCI Express x4

SYBA SY-PCI40026 PCI Low Profile SATA II (3.0Gb/s) Controller Card

Adaptec 2240900-R 1430SA PCI Express X4 4-Port SATA 3GBS Low-profile Host RAID ControllerClick to expand...

Adaptec has been the leader for decades and using the CARD avoids the 'fake-raid' software implementation. One big advantage is the card completes the operation without the assistance of the CPU.

Once you opt for the raid-controller card, you (imo) really ought to go with
SCSI attached devices which give you hotplug support and dynamic raid recovery.[x]

Be carefull: Even Microsoft does not recommend attempting to boot from a Raid.
Raid is a server function to avoid a single point of failure, and even with Raid-1 or Raid-10, you still need a backup system.

[x]The NAS Raid-x is frequently SCSI internally for these reasons

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-cards-pci-and-pcie-best-option.163319/
Relevancy 23.65%

My topology is as in the attachment. I cannot understand what I am doing wrong.

I am wanting the network to be setup to where my 2 machines (that are wired to the router, and multihomed, the second port with a 1gb NIC using crossover to each machine for file transfers. Any time I have it set up, it either refuses to connect to the internet (using various commands I found that it is because I had a default gateway set to the 1gb NIC with the crossover, and it was choosing to use it for internet access) or the two machines refuse to even ping one another (without a gateway).

I've tried under different subnets (eg, 192.168.10.1/2 with subnet 255.255.255.0 and I've tried 10.18.1.1/2 with subnet 255.0.0.0) and neither work, bot have the same problems. I have Homegroups disabled, file and print sharing set with accounts.

Windows 7 Professional on each machine, Linksys BEFVP41 router.

What am I missing??

Thanks for reading.

A:Help with simple setup - two multihomed PC's, one router, one patch cable

I think your problem is using the crossover. AFAIK, you are supposed to use the regular CAT5E/CAT6 cable in order to connect to the internet, and as well hooking the rest network to the internet.

I assumed that your modem has more than one ports for hooking up your network, so use that, it's there for the reasons, or you could buy the used/new router to hook up the rest of your computers on a network.
This simple topology on network should be at:

COMPUTER 1----\..............................................................................................
...........................|======= ROUTER / MODEM =============== INTERNET
COMPUTER 2----/..........(DHCP/ STATIC IP from ISP).................( ISP provided IP)

The " === " is translated as cable connection between devices and computers.
Good way of using your network efficiently is to research info between the network router and ISP. ( Assigned IP at www.whatsmyip.org; Router IP ( check manual); and assigned router IP for your computers. )
Hope I helped.
Edited: I just realized that you set Computer 1 as assigned IP while the computer 2 has DHCP enabled. I think you need to set both computer as your router address, and then set the IP to be assigned from Router to your computer's DHCP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-simple-setup-two-multihomed-pcs-one-router-one-patch-cable.162879/
Relevancy 24.51%

I posted an hour ago about a problem I had trying to run GB k ultra drives in one of my personal computers with a mb controller a pci-x which I had connected to a PCI slot and had problems so that is out of the system until I get some answers and help problems not from the pci-x being in the PCI but - i don t know yet Anyway I am a hardcore media junkie including automation with speed I have a U case perfect setup to fit the drives in it however the k drives will only hold mb however the media is on my external drives all of them are maxed a bit over TB so building the U drives for a media box not so great or can it be tell me some ideas so I can build I am media setup? for a SCSI stuck right now not knowing what to do The speed will be fast much much faster then the fastest ide sata hdd even running at half the performance not being used for server related just personal home nbsp

A:SCSI for a media setup?

What are you actually asking for help with?

I don't see the point in 4 296MB hard disks - You might as well bin them! They might sound good, but anything that old, with that capacity is going to be slower than a brand new SATA2/3 hard disk. The speed of new disks will come from the bandwidth of the interface, which will be severely reduced on anything as old as the 296MB hard disk.

A mechanical hard disk with 7,200RPM spindle speed in a homeserver is more than adequate alongside gigabit ethernet at running HD with bandwidth to spare. 10K disks, or SSDs are totally unneeded, and would be pointless in your case anyway, as your external hard disks are going to be throttled by the USB connections they're connecting to the computer with, not the speed of the network (assuming gigabit).

A 1TB hard disk sits around 30-40 these days (probably the same money in Dollars), so no need to be looking elsewhere at faster stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/scsi-for-a-media-setup.162594/
Relevancy 24.51%

Question No longer needed.

A:Help me setup my 4 Port KVM,

2 monitors, 4 would be preferable since I bought 4 of the same lcd monitor for this reason... I just bought my black box video card with 4 DVI outputs, all about quad cards now!

please list what I need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-setup-my-4-port-kvm.162641/