Windows Support Forum

Can overheating cause slow performance on a T410?

Q: Can overheating cause slow performance on a T410?

I'm trying to figure out if the slow performance of my T410 (on certain apps - mainly Firefox and Quicken) could possibly be caused by an overheating problem that I know I have (because I sometimes get a "fan error" on startup, and because it is hotter to the touch that it seems it should be). My speculation is that maybe the CPU has a temperature monitor, and when the temp gets too high it throttles down the CPU. Is there any truth to that idea? ~ Thanks in advance~ Ken

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can overheating cause slow performance on a T410?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can overheating cause slow performance on a T410?

That is true.Your fan error means your fan is running slow, which would hurt cooling

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-overheating-cause-slow-performance-on-a-T410/td-p/3484435
Relevancy 25.37%

Intel is gearing up to release their next-generation Skylake processors as early as next week, but before they've been able to release any official information, a set of benchmarks detailing the flagship Skylake CPU's performance have leaked onto the web.

Read more

A:Intel 'Skylake' Core i7-6700K performance reportedly revealed

No surprises here. Keep Calm and Carry On... Strong dollar and no sensible impovements in IPC, that's gonna be even tougher year for PC manufacturers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-skylake-core-i7-6700k-performance-reportedly-revealed.217458/
Relevancy 26.23%

What I have is a Dell Dimension Series desktop PC that originally ran WinXP but I ve taken the best parts Rig, performance best Win2k wanting for it that I had on hand slapped them inside and loaded Win k Reason Old games of course What I want to know is What kind of badass hardware can I put in here that is compatible with Win k I have searched a bit online about what kind of graphics might work but the only piece of info I ve found so far is what the nVidia drivers for Win k supported I believe it was up to GeForce series But what s the Win2k Rig, wanting best performance best card that Win k supports Also what kind of CPU can I upgrade this to Here s the current hardware specs Pentium GHz MHz bus and KB cache on PGA socket nVidia GeForce GT AGP GB DDR x GB x MB I know I can go up to GB total SATA- GB HDD Not much but how much space does one really need for old games DVD-ROM CD-RW drive IDE CD-RW drive second optical drive because why not I don t want to know an easier way to get top performance for older games I m pretty Win2k Rig, wanting best performance sure there is one so please don t call me out on taking a pointless project I want to know what Windows can actually do on legit hardware Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win2k-rig-wanting-best-performance.217305/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have an SSD Intel Series GB SATA Generic Single Pack which on my PC has a maximum speed rate at MB sec but on other PC has MB sec My PC features OS Name Microsoft Windows Enterprise Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation INTEL SSDSC BW A GB SATA quot SSD System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model OptiPlex System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Dell Inc A SMBIOS Version Windows Directory read SSD 264mb/sec slow rate C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Installed Physical Memory RAM SSD slow read rate 264mb/sec GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total SSD slow read rate 264mb/sec Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys SiSoftware Sandra Benchmark Results Drive Score MB s Results Interpretation Higher Scores mean Better Performance Binary Numeral System base GB s MB s MB s kB s kB s bytes s etc Benchmark Status Result ID INTEL SSDSC BW A GB SATA quot SSD Computer Dell OptiPlex Dell GY Y Platform Compliance x System Timer MHz Use Overlapped I O Yes I O Queue Depth request s Block Size MB nbsp

A:SSD slow read rate 264mb/sec

There's a known issue with SSD storage:

SSDs degrade in performance overtime - -
​DON'T run benchmarks and you don't need defrag either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-slow-read-rate-264mb-sec.216431/
Relevancy 24.94%

Intel has launched a selection of new 5th-generation Core processors based on the company's Broadwell microarchitecture. Five of these new CPUs are designed for performance mobile and IoT devices, while two are socketed desktop CPUs for Intel's LGA 1150 platform,...

Read more

A:Intel launches new Broadwell CPUs for performance mobile, socketed desktop

The full list of socketed desktop and performance mobile Broadwell CPUs can be found below.Click to expand...

the two pictures link to only R series (socketed/1364, BGA/soldered to motherboard) and mobile/IOT processors. C series (unlocked, socketed/1150) are not shown in the two pictures but are listed in the article.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-new-broadwell-cpus-for-performance-mobile-socketed-desktop.213613/
Relevancy 30.96%

I was playing c.s go yesterday when I started noticing the fps's were dropping to 20, when usually its at 100, so because its summer I remembered to check the pc temps, and I got these:
when im browsing internet:
CPU: 63C
GPU: 61C
MotherBoard: 55C
Fan speed: 1920 rpm
When I start playing some game (c.s G for example):
CPU: 90C
GPU: 88C
MotherBoard: 80C

My CPU is: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHZ

Question is, the thing that's making me lose fps's is the heat right? And if yes any ideas how to fix it?

A:Laptop Overheating

Heat will cause a number of issues including system slow downs and reboots. 1) Do you have your laptop in a well ventilated place? 2) Are your vent openings clear of dust? 3) Are you running this on a good laptop cooler (please tell me you are)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-overheating.215557/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey guys im using my laptop to play minecraft and it overheats like 20+ times a day here is a screen shot of CoreTemp

A:Overheating when I play Minecraft

Try another program just to make sure the measurement is correct, I recommend RealTemp. Core temp is still a Release Candidate and could be glitchy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-when-i-play-minecraft.191308/
Relevancy 24.94%

Integrated graphics solutions won't get you far when it comes to gaming, but they've evolved to the point that you can actually get decent frame rates in relatively modern games with the right graphics settings. Looking to remove some of...

Read more

A:Intel launches website to help gamers on integrated graphics get a boost in gaming performance

So they're teaching you how to move all the sliders to the left? ^___^

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-website-to-help-gamers-on-integrated-graphics-get-a-boost-in-gaming-performance.214204/
Relevancy 42.57%

The Samsung 840 EVO has been one of the most troubled solid state drives since its mid 2013 launch. Last year, users discovered that the drive suffers from performance degredation in the long run, with read speeds dropping off dramatically...

Read more

A:Samsung addresses slow 840 EVO SSD performance with another patch

I have bought several 840 drives myself, and our newest machines at work have 120GB 840 Evos. After installing Magician 4.6, I was presented with the option to upgrade to the EXT0DB6Q firmware. I then disabled rapid mode, and ran the benchmark testing(with rapid mode enabled, you're basically measuring your RAM). I saw about a 200 MB/s increase compared to my lowest score for Sequential Write, and more modest gains elsewhere. Note that with Magician 4.6, Standard performance optimization is not supported on Windows 8 or higher. However, a new "advanced" option is available, that performs a complete rewrite, refreshing data and alleviating access delays. It took about 10 minutes to complete on my system with about 60 GB used. I'll be doing more testing, and anxiously awaiting a Mac compatible ISO, as Magician is not available for OS X.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-addresses-slow-840-evo-ssd-performance-with-another-patch.212470/
Relevancy 30.96%

My laptop has been overheating easily...
At first this didn't happend. Everything was working perfectly untill I left it turned on for a day or so. That's when it started overheating A LOT. I can't browse the internet without the computer heating to 90C.

A:Laptop Overheating

You will have to take it in for service. The thermal paste/pads may need to be replaced. The cooling fan might have stopped or it is clogged

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-overheating.212373/
Relevancy 17.2%

I just purchased a to USB 2.0) as slow report USB be Could 2.0? hub 1.1 (too a -port quot USB quot hub with Power Adapter off eBay to replace a USB Could a USB 1.1 hub report as USB 2.0? (too slow to be 2.0) hub that I lost the power adapter for When I plug it in Windows claims to detect it as a quot USB Could a USB 1.1 hub report as USB 2.0? (too slow to be 2.0) hub quot and auto-installs the drivers for it but when I plugged my webcam into it I got a message telling me it would quot perform better if I plugged it into a USB port quot Suspicious I tried a few file copy tests to a Flash drive and it took over minutes to copy an M file to it plugged directly into a USB port it took about seconds I plugged the new hub into the exact same USB port my old unpowered hub was plugged into this is a new PC with USB ports No USB ports Removing the new hub and plugging my old one back in not only did file copy speed return to normal seconds for an M file but no quot speed warning quot when plugging my webcam into it So my questions are Could a USB hub incorrectly report it is a USB hub and Could it truly be a USB hub and it just installed the wrong drivers it s a generic hub and should use the same driver as the other PS I plugged the new hub into a USB port to see if it had any effect and the same M file copy took over minutes nbsp

A:Could a USB 1.1 hub report as USB 2.0? (too slow to be 2.0)

What is the make of the hub? The issue could be with the quality of the hub itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-a-usb-1-1-hub-report-as-usb-2-0-too-slow-to-be-2-0.212307/
Relevancy 16.77%

Some Samsung 840 EVO SSD owners noticed their drives were slowing down last year, specifically the read speeds. Samsung issued a patch to fix the problem in October but it was only a temporary solution as slowdowns returned a few...

Read more

A:Samsung to fix slow 840 EVO SSDs with ''periodic refresh'' feature

Good news.
But where is the 4.6 version of software for us 840 EVO owners?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-to-fix-slow-840-evo-ssds-with-periodic-refresh-feature.211495/
Relevancy 17.2%

hi all just bought emachinesD620-261G16Mi MODEL NO -ms2257 from a y whos had enough of it..manufactured in 2008 she bought it and was very slow so as insurance still valid she sent it back , they had it 8 months then she got it back and still same problem press power on button and takes a while to load to desktop but then every application u click I get the little timer circle come up and everything takes ages please help .. it has
amd athlon 2650e cpu , 1gb ram ddr2 160gb harddrive please help

just to add on it now and I close an application or even a photo and I get the timer circle takes at least 30 seconds before I can click anything else . and sometimes all the icons on desktop dissapear then reappear after a while

A:Emachines running very very slow

Have you scanned for malware? (the obvious IS my speciality)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-running-very-very-slow.181026/
Relevancy 30.96%

PC Specs CPU AMD Phenom II x T GHz Stock cooler NOT Overclocked MB ASUS M A GPU Radeon HD GB GDDR RAM GB DDR HyperX MHz running at OS Windows Ultimate -bit Hello So these last couple of days I ve been struggling to fix my CPU Overheating problem The first time I noticed this problem was when I was watching a Twitch stream using Google Chrome and I had a few other tabs opened gag YouTube Facebook and all of a sudden I got BSOD the dump process went up to and then the whole PC just froze so I had to manually restart it Upon booting I got a message saying quot CPU Temperature too high please enter setup quot CPU problem Overheating So I did and I saw that the temperature was around degrees celsius I turned off my PC and waited a while turned it on and this time it booted normally and when I checked the temp using HWMonitor it was sitting around - degrees idle with cpu usage at - which I think is weird btw my room is CPU Overheating problem cold since I only turn on the heating when it get s below outside The BSOD happened more times of which twice when I was playing a game quot Grey Goo quot I used an ingame cpu temp monitor and noticed that the temperature went from to degrees in minutes of playing p s CPU Overheating problem I had a svchost exe virus located in Windows Temp folder which according to VirusTotal was a BitCoin miner It was starting with windows and using around of my CPU but now I have it quarantined with Malwerbytes Premium Things I ve tried so far Cleaning the PC from dust Replacing thermal paste Changing the Minimum processor state to it was set to by Razer Cortex Power Plan Using SpeedFan to run the CPU fan at - RPM Scanning and cleaning the PC with Malwerbytes ComboFix RogueKiller ADWCleaner Avast Home Edition Spybot Search amp Destroy Things I haven t tried Installing a fresh copy of windows Hopefully things that you guys will advise me to do Sorry for writing a new Harry Potter book but I wanted to include as many details as I can Cheers nbsp

A:CPU Overheating problem

Just a question about thermal paste and fans:

How many fans in your case? 3 ? 4 ? (Not counting Video Card fans) 1CPU, 2 Case?

Also how big are the case fans, and are they turned up ? Do any of the fans make noise? (Could not be performing at maximum rates)

for your CPU fan is it also running optimally(no noise, fully cleaned out, not bent)?

What brand is the thermal paste that you bought ?? and how did you apply it? an even thin layer enough to cover the chip fully but not too much so that it's overflowing on it?

Edit: Also forgot to ask, have you checked the Motherboard Chips to see if they are overheating? I've seen that a lot but you said that your temp. monitor programs say it is for sure the CPU so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overheating-problem.208366/
Relevancy 25.37%

When I first made my custom pc strictly made for gaming I was able to run such games like arma 3 in ultra with 60+ fps (which is fricken amazing)
But now can only get it just above 30 on standard. I think this is because of my computer having many programs which maybe just stopping cpu/gpu usage when I play games. or the programs may even be viruses slowing the performance. so I really want to completely wipe my pc hoping that I can get my pc close to what is was when I brought it. nothing is externally broke when I looked at the things in my pc. so what I am trying to get at is what do I have to do to get my pc back to what is was? what program do I need to use? what do I have to do? please reply asap as I would like to be able to have it cleaned up before new year. your help will always mean a lot

A:Need to get my pc to its original state. performance greatly decreased. Want to completely wipe pc

That does mean that you will loose all data and files that you haven't backed up elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-get-my-pc-to-its-original-state-performance-greatly-decreased-want-to-completely-wipe-pc.207681/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello So long story short I have had networking issues across the board on my home built desktop for over a year and a half now Basically my Odd Performance -- Fluctuating Issues Wi-Fi internet success fluctuates throughout the day and some programs Especially Origin absolutely fail to reach a fraction of my internet speed Doing speed tests on Odd Wi-Fi Issues -- Fluctuating Performance devices throughout my home network I am receiving a mean download speed of down While my desktop can barely manage to reach down My network adapter works fine I m typing this from my desktop as we speak and I have replaced it a few times I have been looking into this for months so ANY help would be perfect to hear and I can look up any troubleshooting information that could help I ve tried Odd Wi-Fi Issues -- Fluctuating Performance the old common misconception that a faulty DNS server is to blame didn t work as my current ISP Time Warner s DNS server is the best connectivity for my area I ve updated all drivers many times gone through windows settings and tried to tweak with tons of settings and adjust network consumption settings in gpedit So I m wondering what the deal is Like I said it can t be my router or ISP because my other devices work fine and work x as fine I ve tried disabling my firewall as well nothing Could my PC think my network is public and not private and be blocking a lot of traffic Do I need to allow ports for servers to be able to connect with my home network Could there possibly be a setting somewhere in Windows that is doing this to me That is not allowing my internet to go through I would really appreciate help guys I ve looked all over the internet and found lots of other people with the same issues but no one knows what the solution could be Thanks Again for ANY suggestions you can provide nbsp

A:Odd Wi-Fi Issues -- Fluctuating Performance

What are you using for WiFi Router. Are you using rental equipment from TW? Are you using all-in-one device to manage, CATV, Digital Phone, WiFi, Cable/Router/Modem. Do you have anything like that. If so has the ISP sent a hit or firmware patch to this device.

PC with the issue how the desktop connected? Via Ethernet Cable or WiFi.

So you pay for 22 mbps down but seeing only 2 mbps down on your desktop . Have you replaced the anything lately? Have you upgraded that Windows 8 PC to Windows 8.1?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-wi-fi-issues-fluctuating-performance.207517/
Relevancy 17.2%

My computer is being running slow and is choppy also, I'm making sure the system is clean right now.

A:Computer slow and choppy

Problem solved, runned some anti-malaware programs and cleaned my computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-slow-and-choppy.207403/
Relevancy 16.34%

When I am playing a video with any browser it is very choppy (sound and video).
Even Window sounds are choppy. It seems like if I move the mouse it gets worse.

Computer is very slow to open programs, even though the system idle process
is at 99% before starting another progam. This happens even when no browser is open and the
anti-virus software is disabled.

I don't know is this is a software or hardware issue.

A:Computer very slow. Choppy video and audio playback from browsers

Post this here:
http://www.techspot.com/community/forums/virus-and-malware-removal.28/
See if they can help with this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-very-slow-choppy-video-and-audio-playback-from-browsers.207159/
Relevancy 17.2%

I ll try slow respond are Programs to to explain this the best I can A computer that I have not the one listed in any Programs are slow to respond of my sigs is having a little issue Programs are slow to respond Sometimes Programs are slow to respond when I turn on the computer I will open up a program the program will open but it s like it opens in slow motion as the program opens you see it slowly go into its open state You actually see it opening I know you can always somewhat see a program open but this is like it is in slow motion It does this for all the programs that I open and close This will actually go away later or sometimes if I restart it When I go into the bios the bios is very choppy It is an ASRock board and when I contacted them they said to reset the bios When I did it helped but now it is doing it again I have reset the bios again and it helped again the other day but now it is doing it again Does this sound like a bios problem Does anyone seem to know I don t know how else I could explain what is happening It is an ASRock Z Pro AMD XFX Vid card GSkill ripjaws memory Xeon E - V Corsair TX PSU Windows Pro nbsp

A:Programs are slow to respond

Slower response indicates the issue of bad memory allocation which is related with multitasking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/programs-are-slow-to-respond.206144/
Relevancy 17.2%

Randomly, about 2-3 weeks ago my computer began to run slowly. If I'm just browsing the internet or using word documents and things like that it is fine and I cannot tell. The problem lies in things like playing games or running programs like itunes. I checked for all virus/malware, and there was nothing that I could see. I did a defrag and cleaned/cleared the registry and temp folder. Does this sound like it could be a hardware or driver problem? If its not a virus, could you give me a few other reason a computer would start doing this randomly.

A:Computer runs slow

Overheating? What are the computers specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-runs-slow.179236/
Relevancy 16.77%

My internet started to become slow out of no where and I didn't mess with my router/modem or any computer settings so I'm guessing it's a hardware problem. Pages take a while to load, some don't load (Unable to connect to webpage message), or sometimes they won't load completely. I've had this happen 3 times over the past years, even with different routers/modems/ISP's, my internet would be working normally for a few months and then it'd dramatically get slower. I've always thought it was my router causing the problems, potentially screwing up and degrading my modem's performance. It must be that Netgear routers are awful, as that's the only brand of routers I've had over the years.

I'm on my desktop, and have my modem connected to my router. I'm connected to the internet via cable since my desktop doesn't have WiFi.
Got 58mb/s download speed and 12mb/s upload speed on speedtest. Any ideas on how to fix the problem?

Edit: I have the same problem with every browser if you're wondering.

A:Internet suddenly slow and pages not loading completely

Have you tried having your ISP run a line check.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-suddenly-slow-and-pages-not-loading-completely.206046/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi I'm not a tech-y person so I'm just hoping that someone can help me.

I recently bought a new laptop it's a Lenovo G40
System:

Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
64-bit Operating System
Windows 8.1 Single Language
I got home, downloaded and installed Firefox for me to use as my default browser. I got to use it for awhile (about 3 hrs) then I tried going on Facebook and it was taking too long to load. Then I tried it on my phone, it loaded faster than on my laptop. I tried searching (on both devices) random stuff on google (e.g. Miley Cyrus) and it took my laptop about 3 mins to load and my phone only took less than a minute to load. I did a speedtest on my laptop and I got 3.4mbps as a result (that's fast enough right?).

I really hope someone could help me with this because I'm currently student and I have a lot of requirements to do and I can't do that without a laptop and internet.

A:Slow internet on laptop but fast on phone

So, all 3 are on WiFi. Can you run a test with either of the laptops connected with an Ethernet cable and let us know the results? I suspect your wireless router has 802.11N, and that your phone supports it but your PCs only support 802.11G. 802.11N and G don't always play nicely together, and no 802.11G implementations is ever going to deliver 49Mbps of application layer throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-on-laptop-but-fast-on-phone.205723/
Relevancy 26.66%

Can you change the processor from amd fx 6100 to amd fx 8350 black edition I bought it like this a couple weeks ago and the 6100 seems laggy doing heavy games and misc task should I try that or try over clocking it ?
the graphics does just fine to me between 40fps to 70fps maxx.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

HERE ARE THE SPECS
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD FX-6100
Zambezi 32nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ECS A960M-MV (CPU 1)
Graphics
STD HDMI TV ([email protected])
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (PNY)
Storage
465GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA050 ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSB0 ATA Device
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

A:Performance problem

DethReavr said:

I bought it like this a couple weeks ago and the 6100 seems laggy doing heavy games

Graphics
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 (PNY)Click to expand...

There is no wonder your gaming is laggy with a GT 610. GT 610 is not a gaming card. For gaming get yourself a 650 or better. I personally have a GTX 660. With a better graphics adapter you should be fine with the FX-6100. Make sure your power supply will support a better graphics adapter as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/performance-problem.204639/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi all,

I work on a DELL laptop. It sends out very heat air from its vents. I think probably there is some (or large amount of) dust on hardware devices inside it.
I know that best way is to open it and clean those pieces by (say) an air compressor, but there are two points here:
1- Do you agree that this warm air is because of the dust and I need to solve this issue by cleaning the hardware snips?
2- I haven't opened any laptop ever, I somewhat scare (because that laptop is not mine). Do you still say me to do it? If so, what rules I should observe before, when and after opening the laptop?

Thanks.

A:Laptop overheating

abbasi said:

Hi all,

I work on a DELL laptop. It sends out very heat air from its vents. I think probably there is some (or large amount of) dust on hardware devices inside it.
I know that best way is to open it and clean those pieces by (say) an air compressor, but there are two points here:
1- Do you agree that this warm air is because of the dust and I need to solve this issue by cleaning the hardware snips?
2- I haven't opened any laptop ever, I somewhat scare (because that laptop is not mine). Do you still say me to do it? If so, what rules I should observe before, when and after opening the laptop?

Thanks.Click to expand...

UNfortunately opening a laptop is not as easy as a desktop/tower & since I too have a similiar problem with my VAIO laptop, I'd suggest getting a can of compressed air , opening up whatever access on the bottom & spray the canned air in. OR, if you can afford it, take it to a shop.
Once its cleaned out, you might get a clip-on fan to keep it cool.

I've used such & it worked great. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-overheating.204582/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey all! I've been facing this problem for quite a long time even after upgrading my RAM. The problem is that on specific sites like Facebook, Dailymotion, etc, the audio playback is quite fine but the video playback is slow, laggy, choppy etc. Is it my computer's problem? Well, my graphics is quite low. By quite low, I mean only 32MB. I don't face this problem on Youtube and players like JW players(I guess) which is used in some sites.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.
Amal

A:Slow video playback on specific sites

Yeah it's probably you GPU, try viewing the videos in lower quality.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-video-playback-on-specific-sites.203738/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have an ancient eMachines T- Intel P- Ghz single core Prescott I m running XP-SP fully updated with the exception of SP- If I install SP I lose the ability to do a repair install My AV product is AVG Free This thing s Loading Firefox Page with Slow my Slow Page Loading with Firefox go to erotica finder Trust me I don t log in to my bank with it Anyway it seems terribly slow at loading pages with the CPU at or pushing usage I can t load more than one page at a time Slow Page Loading with Firefox or I get a quot problem server reset before page loaded quot type error Once the other page s have loaded a simple reload page command establishes the connection Firkefox Slow Page Loading with Firefox ver is the browser of choice with quot NoScript quot installed I just did a repair install of the OS which is the only way I could get it to reload the internet driver Intel Pro That doesn t seem to have helped My question is I want anybody s best opinion as to whether this level of performance is what I should expect as typical with this rig or is it just plain worn out and I should retire it with full military honors nbsp

A:Slow Page Loading with Firefox

Try disabling no script. That may be eating up all your resources and slowing down the loading of webpages. If that doesnt work, try another browser like Chrome. I would try completely clean installing windows rather than repairing it since just repairing will not clear anything such as viruses off of the PC. Malware could be another culprit and clean installation will allow you to wipe it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-page-loading-with-firefox.202610/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi,
I recently upgraded my PC to this configuration:
Processor: AMD FX-8320
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Video Card: ATI RADEON HD 5770
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Hard Disk: Western Digital 1TB Blue SATA3
PSU: Thermaltake 530W SMART SERIES

My CPU temperature is extremely high.
When I'm not doing anything it's around 40 celsius, but I recently played Battlefield 3 and COD Ghosts and it shut down. The temperature was about 95 celsius.
What is happening to my CPU?

A:CPU overheating problem

Are you using the stock cooler? I have the same CPU and ended up replacing the stock cooler because of bad temperatures. How is the rest of your system's cooling situation? The highest recommended temperature that CPU is rated for is 62C for the processor and 72C for the AM3+ socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overheating-problem.202863/
Relevancy 26.66%

I finally got a new gaming PC on January 2013. It's an Acer Predator G3620 (Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Intel Core i7 Processor 3770, Nvidia GeForce GT640 3GB, 16GB DDR3 Memory, 2TB Hard Drive, DVD-Super Multi-Drive, Wireless LAN, Multi-in-1 Media Card Reader) When I first got it, it was amazing. My settings were on Ultra and the FPS was 60. I couldn't ask for more. But it's been a year, my FPS dropped to 20-30fps on medium settings. I tried reading all these topics on how to increase fps but it did not work. So I was thinking on upgrading my computer, but the problems is, I don't know what to upgrade. So can you please tell me what to upgrade or what to do to get better performance on my computer? (Oh, and the games I play are DayZ, ArmA, Battlefield, Call Of Duty, Need For Speed, Minecraft, KSP, Assassin Creed, F1, Medal Of Honor, DCS, Flight Sim, X-Planes, War Thunder, World of Planes/Tank, etc...)

BTW, I'm a noob at computers..

A:What to upgrade for better performance

I can't help you with your problem, but to get the correct help you need fast, it would help if you made your titles pertaining to your question. Rather than just "helpp", for future reference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-upgrade-for-better-performance.201274/
Relevancy 29.67%

I have a Samsung RF510 laptop; really nice and plays games nicely, but as of yesterday I've had a problem.

Whenever -anything- that runs causing the fan to start roaring and the vents to get hot, the laptop will suddenly shut down after just 10 minutes. It could be games, I could be rendering a video in sony vegas, doesn't matter.

Thing is, the corner where the vents were would always get really hot on my laptop and this has never posed a problem before; only now it is suddenly shutting down. It's never done this before yesterday, and I mean never. Even a week straight of 5 hours of Borderlands on max settings every night never caused an issue.

Would blowing compressed air into the vents help? Is there a known issue (I did LOTS of searching all day, though it only found people with similar problems who haven't fixed them)? should I try something else completely?

I would appreciate any advice! I can provide additional specs if necessary.

A:Sudden overheating problem after six months - advice?

Compressed air might help. Is this notebook on a flat surface when you use it? Try not to use these thing on bed covers and sheets.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-overheating-problem-after-six-months-advice.166292/
Relevancy 26.23%

Guys many people say I cant because the G41 has only a pci express slot 2. If its correct please tell me a vga to buy..

A:Can i get the full performance of a Gddr5 vga from a G41 motherboard?

Could you please specify what Make and exact model the motherboard is? G41 does not help much. Is it Intel, Gigabyte, MSI, etc... More information is needed before we can help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-get-the-full-performance-of-a-gddr5-vga-from-a-g41-motherboard.201712/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi All,

I have WD 1 TB passport, and all its operations are very very slow.
I cant use it at all. I have all the important documents in it.
Please someone help me out here.

Regards,
Sanoop.

A:WD hard disk all operations very slow

The only thing I can really recommend is to defragment the external HDD using a program such as Defraggler.

If that doesnt help, you may have a virus on the HDD, in that case, I would recommend posting in the malware forums.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-disk-all-operations-very-slow.201315/
Relevancy 16.77%

I ve read all I can about this online and tried everything I ve come across Since upgrading my internet same ISP the upload on my computer not any others on the network It ranges from megabits to If I boot into linux I get but that s far from the megabits the other Slow Problem: Bizzare Infuriating Upload Network computers on the network get But the strange thing is the problem seems to affect only certain programs My browsers are affected as the internet tests I do are from the browser OBS streaming software will not upload more then megabits about k However utorrent can completely max out my upload I ve tried stopping the WMI service and Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload I have no traffic shaping software installed Here are my specs Operating System Windows Pro -bit CPU Intel Core i K GHz C Haswell nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard MSI Z -GD GAMING MS- SOCKET C Graphics SyncMaster x Hz LG TV x Hz MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX Gigabyte C Storage GB Samsung SSD EVO GB SSD C GB SanDisk SDSSDHP G SSD C GB TOSHIBA DT ACA SATA C GB Seagate Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload ST DL - VT SATA C Optical Drives PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- L Audio ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device Various Network info You are connected to the internet Connected through Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS IP Address Subnet mask Gateway server Preferred DNS server DHCP Enabled DHCP server External IP Address Adapter Type Ethernet NetBIOS over TCP IP Enabled via DHCP NETBIOS Node Type Hybrid node Link Speed Bps Computer Name NetBIOS Name CALVINS-PC DNS Name Calvins-PC Membership Part of workgroup Workgroup WORKGROUP Remote Desktop Disabled Console State Active Domain Calvins-PC WinInet Info LAN Connection Local system uses a local area network to connect to the Internet Local system has RAS to connect to the Internet Wi-Fi Info Wi-Fi not enabled WinHTTPInfo WinHTTPSessionProxyType No proxy Session Proxy Session Proxy Bypass Connect Retries Connect Timeout ms HTTP Version HTTP Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max Connects Per Servers INFINITE Max HTTP automatic redirects Max HTTP status continue Send Timeout ms IEProxy Auto Detect Yes IEProxy Auto Config IEProxy IEProxy Bypass Default Proxy Config Access Type No proxy Default Config Proxy Default Config Proxy Bypass Sharing and Discovery Network Discovery Enabled File and Printer Sharing Enabled File and printer sharing service Enabled Simple File Sharing Enabled Administrative Shares Enabled Network access Sharing and security model for local accounts Classic - local users authenticate as themselves Adapters List Killer e Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Connection Name Ethernet NetBIOS over TCPIP Yes DHCP enabled Yes MAC Address D - D- E-F - B- IP Address Subnet mask Gateway server DHCP DNS Server Network Shares Misc D Misc Finished Torrents D Downloads Finished Torrents Games D Games Games E Games Torrents E Downloads Torrents Video D Video Video E Video Current TCP Connections C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files Box Sync BoxSync exe C Program Files Hola app hola exe C Users Calvin AppData Roaming uTorrent uTorrent exe C Windows Explorer EXE G Program Files x Nightly firefox exe G Program Files x Razer Razer Game Booster main exe G Program Files x Samsung Magician Samsung Magician exe G Steam Steam exe hola svc exe hola updater exe KillerService exe lsass exe NvNetworkService exe nvstreamsvc exe services exe svchost exe svchost exe svchost exe System Process System Process wininit exe nbsp

A:Bizzare Infuriating Network Problem: Slow Upload

I figured it out, the Killer NIC on my Z87GD65 mobo was not compatible with NetLimiter. Uninstalling it fixed the problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bizzare-infuriating-network-problem-slow-upload.201410/
Relevancy 16.77%

When I play windows media player or any other mp3 player my pc begins to slow down a lot and mouse stutters and my internet webpage closes :/ any help please?

I've posted my IRQ

A:When I play music my PC starts to slow down and mouse stutters

What are your system specs?

Some possible solutions: Make sure Windows is up to date. Try updating your sound driver (post your system specs and I will show you how to).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/when-i-play-music-my-pc-starts-to-slow-down-and-mouse-stutters.200950/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, I ran several benchmarks and recorded the results. The computer was an i7 3770 on an Asus P8H77-V with 16gb 1600mhz ram and a GTX 770.

After upgrading my entire computer (more specifically just building a whole new one and giving the old one away) except my vidoe card, which I added to my new system. The new CPU is a 4770K, the new mobo is an MSI Z78-GD65 Gaming, I have different RAM but the speed and timings are the same.

Anyway, I get lower results in benchmarks now Why could that be?

A:After upgrading performance is worse

The 3770 and the 4770K will provide similar performance. Now, If I read this correctly, the GPU is the same? If so, then you really didn't do much of an upgrade. More so, you just moved to a newer generation with a unlocked processor (K).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-upgrading-performance-is-worse.199651/
Relevancy 17.2%

So I have high speed internet, but I've recently discovered that when I use the wifi adapter on my desktop, (I have no direct ethernet where it is), the download speed is EXTREMELY slow.. and all videos are sluggish, my question is, can I tether my computer to my LAPTOP with the GOOD internet, for better speeds, using it like it was a wifi adapter?

A:Slow Internet

Please explain how your laptop is connected which results in fast Internet. And then explain why your PC does not have the same Internet connection. Both machines should have the same connection possibilities.

What you are describing is an Ad-Hoc Connection (then Internet Connection Sharing). But that is not what you want, if you can connect them both to the Internet independently. Even if you do make an Ad-Hoc Connection, you would likely be facing the same issue that made your connection slow to begin with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet.199559/
Relevancy 16.77%

Please I need your help I have Seagate SSHD hard disk model ST DX it is working fine but I can t use any too SSHD Seagate (ST2000DX001) is slow software from Seagate website the software are -Sea tools for windows when I use the software the software doesn t see my hard Seagate SSHD (ST2000DX001) is too slow disk it can only see Generic USB SD READER -download finder software again doesn t recognize the hard disk -Seagate Maxtor serial number locator again doesn t see my hard disk -Drive detect utility lt again doesn t see my hard disk When I go to device manager gt disk drive section I can see ST DX - CM SCSI disk device I already installed windows OS with all the windows updates internet security softwares -Please can I use disk defragmentation software with this hard disk The softwares I have for degragmentation -iolo system mechanics -Glarys utilities -Ashampoo win optimizer I use the defragmentation software one at a times please reply to this question as well another thing this hard drive is too slow like I have normal HDD it should be a lot faster than the normal HDD When I turn the pc on it took minute seconds to fully load to desktop but it took seconds when it turned off I watched a lot of clips in you tube about this SSHD I am not saying is bad but it should be faster I wrote one month ago to seagate technical support they don t bother to reply to my email what kind of technical support it that I have SATAII connection do you think shall I buy SATAIII card internal or upgrade the memory from GB to GB maximum the motherboard allow me I hope to hear from you very soon My kindest regards habib nbsp

A:Seagate SSHD (ST2000DX001) is too slow

habib,

What kind of PC is this you have installed the sshd into? make/model or if it's a custom system please give us the specs.
What version of windows are you running on this PC?

I personally wouldn't worry about running the software that came with the drive, sometimes utilities from the manufacturers can be worthless or do more harm than good.

Again, personally, I would NOT run any of those programs you say are for "defragmentation" None of those programs are designed for defragmentation, they are 3rd party utilities that are just going to needlessly scan your hard drive for crap that may or may not be there - they are unnecessary and I would not recommend running them. Not only are they not for designed for defragmentation, they are redundant, they all three supposedly do the same damn thing. Point being, don't install them, don't run them - that just my two cents, someone else may tell you differently, take it with a grain of salt.

read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defragmentation so that you know what defragmentation is and have a better understanding of how it truly works.

Should you get a SATA3 card?! Probably not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA
SATA3 supports 600MB/s read/write speeds @ 6Gb/s.
SATA2 supports 300MB/s read/write speeds @ 3Gb/s.
That being stated, that is the theoretical limit of each type of connection. In a perfect world, with perfect conditions, you MIGHT get those kind of speeds. Not only that, but mechanical hard drives are NOT going to get even remotely close to the theoretical speeds of SATA2. The hard drive you have the average read/write speeds are: 156MB/s which is waaay lower than SATA2 and super lower than SATA3 specs. (see attached .pdf spec sheet, I have highlighted specs on your drive) A SSD (solid state drive) would come closer to the SATA3 specs for read/write speeds, for example the Samsung 840 EVO SSD has average read write speeds over 500MB/s.

So is this drive that much faster than your old drive? Not really, it has an 8GB nand flash memory cache onboard, which can improve speeds slightly, once windows has booted. The hard drive itself is smart enough to determine what files need to be placed into that cache, but it's still not going to make a big difference in the overall performance of the drive.

I hope my comments have helped. if you have further questions please post back. Take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-sshd-st2000dx001-is-too-slow.199472/
Relevancy 16.77%

I just got this computer about 2 weeks ago, and ALREADY I am getting lag problems. I have the CPU widget, and when I am JUST on the web browser, I get about 50-70 CPU being used. My specs are:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+
Nvidia GeForce GT 430
And if it helps, I AM using an external HDD for most of my programs, since the original PC came with only 250 GB.

A:Computer becoming extremely slow. It's brand new.

Which applications do you have installed to the external?
What connection type and speed is the external HDD?

I'm not sure I would install applications to a USB 2.0 drive. Especially if the applications are used frequently. I know I wouldn't if the application installs memory resident system monitors that run 24/7. However I usually disable these monitors from running at startup as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-becoming-extremely-slow-its-brand-new.199474/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello all I made a post regarding the performance failing of one of my supply power affect hard performance? drive/computer Faulty hard drives The conclusion we came to has unfortunately not resolved my problem and I am beginning to think my Power Supply may be the culprit Faulty power supply affect hard drive/computer performance? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Before I go into details here is my current Hardware Q GHZ GIGABYTE EP -DS R GB PC mhz x gb x gb Nvidia GTX mb requires x pin power adapters Asus Xonar soundcard requires floppy power adapters Windows x Jeantech W PSU modular PSU PCI-E nodes and nodes for other devices gb HDD operating system tb HDD data tb HDD data tb HDD data - added recently ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ My original problem in brief Upon accessing certain files in one of my TB drives I hear a distictive quot click lockup halt quot sound and then the entire system crashes first the drive will become inaccessible then windows explorer will crash followed by the mouse and eventually a BSOD after a minute ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I bought a new TB a month ago to replace what then I thought was a failing TB drive Since the problems have become quot random quot and happen across all four drives tb tb gb tb I am now considering my PSU the culprit Jeantech Absolute w It seems logical to me Sometimes while performing tasks which put stress on several HDD s at the same time my computer is quot choking quot running as fast smooth as it should but with sudden freezes with those HDD quot click - stop - restart quot sounds Booting into windows is failing from time to time freezes on the quot starting windows quot screen or DISK BOOT FAILURE Insert system disk The PSU is modular - could certain quot plugs quot in my PSU are faulty I haven t tested this extensively but in some cases when the computer is not starting up at all using different power ribbon cable combinations seems to help Also I had to remove my DVD drive completely when I first installed the new TB I bought and I don t think my computer will start at all with it plugged in anymore so my PSU MUST be having a hard time coping with all the components If it is of any relevance I use an Nvidia GTX which requires x PCI-E pin power connections hard drives power is supplied via THREE modular ribbon power cables - two HDD s share power from the same ribbon cable lastly worth noting I use an asus Xonar sound card requires floppy power connector several symptoms suggest the PSU any thoughts nbsp

A:Faulty power supply affect hard drive/computer performance?

a 1000Watt shouldn't have any problem coping with the components that you have, i would recommend that u borrow a power supply from a friend and try it out on your computer, maybe the power supply is old and is not supplying proper voltages on all the rails....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-power-supply-affect-hard-drive-computer-performance.160966/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey I just bought a new
mb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130709
processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113280
memory http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231428
video card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130680

I did not replace my HDD and the are 3GB not 6 GB as this board supports but are SATA and I have nothing special starting up beside the basic items and AVG 2013 and magic ISO which I had all this on my old system. I am running windows 7 and it takes this machine almost 5 min to boot up it just sits at the windows display screen. I never overclocked anything but I thought this upgrade would be faster than my 4 year old system that this replaced, not slower! OK so any ideas? Would the 6GB SATA HDD drive make that much of a difference?

A:Slow (new) system

6GB HDD? Dude what, that's ancient.

Get a new HDD, or a cheap SSD - you'll really see it fly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-new-system.198644/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude D620 laptop that I bought in 2006 and it runs EXTREMELY slow, whether I am on the Internet or just doing basic tasks in Windows or MS Office. It has Windows XP, some basic software (like MS Office), and only a few files (because the hard drive crashed last year, so I only put a few files back on it, after installing the new hard drive). I know it's relatively old, but is there ANYTHING I can do to increase the speed of the computer, without buying additional memory? Any help I can get with increasing the speed will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I don't know if this is a different issue, but sometimes the laptop seems to get too hot (at the bottom) after being on for too long.

Thanks in advance.

A:Dell laptop runs extremely slow - need help boosting speed

First, make sure your vents are clear of dust. Heat can cause all kinds of issues. Do you have a cooling pad?

Second, have you scanned for infections?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-runs-extremely-slow-need-help-boosting-speed.167636/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have multiple devices setup through the same connection. In the past the all got about 18mbps download. The other devices still get that but one device now maxes out between 35mbps. I haven't changed any hardware or software. It is a Windows 7 machine. Any ideas?

A:Why would one computer have a slow internet connection?

Are all wired?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-would-one-computer-have-a-slow-internet-connection.198453/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey guys,

I just bought an MSi GS70 about a week ago, and I noticed that while playing any graphically intensive game, like Battlefield 3, the CPU gets very hot.

I showed a max temperature of 95 degrees Celsius while playing BF3. Is this temperature cause for concern? I'm thinking about sending it back for a replacement because I have read that some of these computers are shipped with a bad thermal pasting job, which could be causing the problems to some extent.

So basically what I want to know is, do you think I should send it back for a replacement, or just get a cooling pad for use 90% of the time that I am gaming and hope that it doesn't end up ruining something on the inside?

I knew it would run hot, but I wasn't expecting it to be this hot.

Thank you

A:MSi GS70 CPU Overheating

After a little research your temps seem to be what is considered normal for that laptop, and within intel specs.

I would not worry unless you have overheating/ shut down issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-gs70-cpu-overheating.198241/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi,
I just got a new toshiba satellite C55-A5302 laptop and I immediately encountered a problem. The keyboard was not responding but I noticed that if I held down the key long enough then it owuld respond. I was wondering if this was a problem with the drives or if it was a factory defect or if there was any easy fix for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Keyboard Problem - Extremely Slow Response TIme

DON'T void the warranty, send it back to get it fixed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-problem-extremely-slow-response-time.198232/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have been trying to fix my brothers "old" machine.
I'm very new at this so I wanted to get some help from the experts.

The problems that I noticed were:
1, The graphics card would get very hot right away causing it to crash by way of the pink screen.
2, The PSU fan made a ton of noise.
3, Every-time I would start a graphic intense game, the computer would crash and restart.

So I replaced the graphics card and the PSU fan.
But now I have these problems:

1, After about 30 minutes of running I get this burning smell from the PSU fan :/
2, The new graphics card also gets very hot when I run games.
I did get the new PSU for cheap off eBay. Guess I'll have to buy an expensive one....

I got a very good graphics card, so I don't know why that gets so hot. Any ideas?

Thank you.

A:New GPU overheating?

What are the models of the PSU and GPU?

A burning smell from a component usually means it's toast...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gpu-overheating.197437/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello,
recently my old router died, so I bought the new one. I connected it to my PC, entered my ISP information. It's working, but kinda slowly. My ISP speed used to be 10MB/s, but now I'm downloading torrents only with 1MB/s. Task manager shows that network is used by 10% since I have my adapers speed and duplex set to auto negotation. Do you have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I use cable connection.

A:New router slow down speed

Disable QoS on the router and the PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-router-slow-down-speed.196808/
Relevancy 16.77%

I have a laptop on new Internet Slow browsing new laptop a Samsung NP V AH Core i GB RAM GB NVIDIA and -bit Windows Home Premium It works perfectly fine Slow Internet browsing on new laptop but internet browsing is extremely slow This is specifically the wireless browsing that s slow When I connect with a cable it s much faster I have a fast internet connection that Slow Internet browsing on new laptop works great on wireless with my other even older laptops but for some reason Slow Internet browsing on new laptop it s slow on this one It makes no difference if there are no other devices connected whether I m close to the router or not what the signals are like - it s slow anyways I have a Dlink router DIR- and I ve called the Dlink people about this but besides minor adjustments in the router settings they can t do much considering other devices work just fine I ve tried a router reset to no avail I ve tried Mozilla and Google Chrome as well but changing browsers doesn t make a difference either I m running Norton Internet Security Any help I could get on this would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Slow Internet browsing on new laptop

Is the speeds slow on other wireless connections? Such as a friends or even a public Hot Spot? It could be a problem with your wireless adapter integrated within your laptop. Especially since your hardline connection seems to work fine. That leads me to believe its nothing wrong with your network and the problem lies within your laptop. Make sure it has the proper drivers installed and it isn't malfunctioning in anyway. In WIN7 there is a way to have the OS diagnose any potential problems within a adapter. I recommend trying that as well and reporting back here with the results.

**Edit : Also, try disabling Norton and see if your speeds improve.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-browsing-on-new-laptop.183709/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a T line at the small school I work at maximum of computers I ran line work T1 very at slow a speed test and received a Mbps I ran the same test at home and received a Mbps on a cable connection When T1 line very slow at work I ran the test at work there were only other people on a computer The school pays for the T line Part of that could be payment for actually running the line I think the connection hub was miles away We are in a remote part of PA so future options could be limited From what I know the overall Mbps is So if we have computers on the network does it work like this Mbps Mbps each Is T that slow I thought T was a good connection Has it just become old and outdated Why is it that years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T and we can t run a maximum of computers on it now nbsp

A:T1 line very slow at work

You should be asking your ISP these questions.

I'm not absolutely positive, but I will state my two cents. I think all the machines on the network uses what is known as timeshare. If only one machine needs access then all the bandwidth is alloted to this one machine. But if two machines need access, time is shared between the two machines. Timeshare is split between machines making data request. Once a machine is no longer sending data request, there is no need in timeshare being alloted for the machine. In other words there is no specific set speed for each machine on the network. Network traffic is controlled by how many machines are making network request at any given time.

Hallo104 said:

Why is it that 10 years ago schools with hundreds of computers ran seamlessly on T1 and we can't run a maximum of 30 computers on it now?Click to expand...

This phenomenon you mention is the Internet evolving and requiring more bandwidth as it progresses. The Internet 10 years ago wasn't bloated with as many high bandwidth websites. Dial-up was probably still common and fully functional back then. I'd hate to even make a connection with Dial-up now, it would probably take 4 minutes, for a single web-page to render.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t1-line-very-slow-at-work.195746/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello,

it's kinda weird but last few months my pc was getting slower and slower, and when I decided today to format my pc it wasn't needed anymore, cause I started my pc on, typed pass and right after I typed the pass it goes directly to my desktop, programs starts directly all the same. It's like my pc is fast again...but the question is why???

Regards

A:Performance Question

I am not really sure what the cause of this is, but it happens to me every once and awhile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/performance-question.194990/
Relevancy 16.77%

Up until a few days ago I had no problems with my wireless internet connection.
Ihave Bt Infinity. I have two computers a desktop operating on Windows xp and a laptop.
There is no problem with the laptop and am getting download speeds around 38 to 40 Mbps
However on the desktop the download speed has dropped to 3 to 4 Mbps and the connection cuts off every ten or 15 minutes. The only way I can get it back is to unplug and reinstall my netgear adapter.
Any help on resolving this issue would be much appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bt-infinity-slow-and-connecting-keeps-dropping-out.195141/
Relevancy 30.53%

I am curious if this has happened to anybody else. I have a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse hooked up to a three year old HP notebook that is then fed through my 46" Sony flat screen. My wife was on the internet when she noticed the keyboard stopped working. As she was trying to get it working her wrist touched the wrist rest on the bottom of the keyboard and it was so hot it burned her. She called me asking what to do. I said take the batteries out so she flipped it over and then noticed the battery door was starting to melt. She pried it open with a knife and popped out the batteries with said knife. One of the batteries was still very hot half an hour later when I got home. Thank God we were home. I hate to think what could have happened.

A:Wireless keyboard overheating

I've never heard of that happening, but I always use wired ones so they only come on when the computer does!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-keyboard-overheating.194774/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello.

I'm wondering how a CPU bottleneck affects the GPU's performance. Lets say I run a game at 100% total CPU usage and 80% GPU. Would a better GPU affect the fps at all?

Thanks for the input.

A:How does a CPU bottleneck affect GPU performance?

You might gain a little in minimum frame rate depending on the screen resolution/video memory usage, but little else if the CPU is theoretically maxed out with a lower performing GPU.
The 100% CPU usage would only be in certain gaming situations. Not all gaming requires intensive CPU involvement, since the rendering of most games takes place within the GPU <---> VRAM subsystem. In a scenario where the CPU is maxed out, you're dealing with either poor game coding - which induces stalling (bottlenecks) between CPU <--> RAM <--> I/O (harddrive), and/or the CPU is being tasked with a more intensive workload -example CPU physics, post processing, information needing constant updating and amending such as large game maps, game AI and dynamic objects.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-does-a-cpu-bottleneck-affect-gpu-performance.185741/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I am having some issues with my PC and would really appreciate any insight First off my setup CPU AMD Phenom II X rd core unlocked with Crossfire Problems 5770 ATI HD Performance CPU-Z says it runs at Ghz under full Problems with ATI 5770 HD Crossfire Performance load Memory Gb DDR Video Two Sapphire Radeon Problems with ATI 5770 HD Crossfire Performance HD GB -bit GDDR cards in Crossfire the nd card was added maybe a months or so after getting the first one this goes to my receiver and Problems with ATI 5770 HD Crossfire Performance my TV running at x Mobo ASUS M A TD EVO AM with PCI-e slots x x HD My main one where my Steam files are is a WD Caviar Black TB rpm OS Windows Catalyst Control Center CCC v hardware info shows both the primary and linked adapter primary running at PCI-e at x the linked card running at x I just updated from CCC or and I have had Crossfire enabled every since installing the second card With CCC and every previous version of CCC I ve had about of the time when I booted up from shutdown I d have to go back into CCC and re-enable Crossfire for some reason it would be disabled on restart more often than not I ve only had for a day now and I have not yet shut down my PC My main issue is basically I have never really noticed any difference from running in Crossfire vs running one card when gaming Crysis BF Portal others I think I am fooling myself into seeing a difference but sometimes I would start up my system start gaming and it seemed normal then remember that I didn t check if Crossfire had been disabled so I would recheck and see it was disabled and so I would renable it and then go back to gaming and not really notice a difference Does that make sense And sometimes it would even seem worse So I bought Hitman Absolution on Steam not pirated and noticed that it had benchmarking which I ve never done These are my in-game settings Resolution x Fullscreen checked Refresh Rate VSync checked MSAA x Exclusive Fullscreen checked Aspect Auto Quality Custom Shadow Medium Texture Quality Normal Texture Filter Anisotropic x Reflections Medium FXAA checked Global Illumination unchecked Tessellation unchecked Level f Detail Medium Depth of Field Medium SSAO Normal Bloom Normal With my previous version of CCC my FPS averaged around but I didn t write the exact numbers down I went to the AMD website and saw a new CCC version and the new CAP with Hitman Absolution I uninstalled all previous CAPs and ran the installer to remove my previous version of CCC Then I rebooted made sure display drivers were all uninstalled and installed I ran benchmarks with Crossfire on and off then installed the new CAP and ran benchmarks with Crossfire on and off each three times quot A quot quot B quot and quot C quot Here s my avg FPS Crossfire Enabled no CAP A fps B fps C fps Crossfire Disabled no CAP fps fps fps Crossfire Disabled CAP installed fps fps fps Crossfire Enabled CAP installed fps fps fps So it almost looks like my best settings were with Crossfire disabled and no CAP So Why I mean if I enable Crossfire and I do what AMD suggests and use the latest CCC version with the lates CAP I get - fps I am not too technically inclined so I was thinking I either have a faulty nd card although CCC says it s linked or my x PCI-e slot is slowing everything down or I really don t know If you have any ideas suggestions please let me know nbsp

A:Problems with ATI 5770 HD Crossfire Performance

Try clean installing the drivers.
1) Uninstall the current drivers with this tool: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx
2) Then reinstall the 13.4 driver after you have uninstalled previous versions with the tool above.

I never go it, what exactly is CAP? Also, isnt it bundled with the drivers now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-ati-5770-hd-crossfire-performance.192336/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello,

We have a 1 year old PC that's been running daily for the last 3 months @ 8-10 hours per day.

It has recently started giving a CPU temp overheating warning on booting.

We opened the case and found that some thermal paste appeared to have leaked from the CPU fan (see photo) Is this a sign that the cabinet it's in is not cool enough or that the thermal paste needs replacing?

Can anyone say what the solution is?

Specs below!

Thanks in advance!

Nick

Processor: Intel i7, 2.2 GHz
Memory: 16GB
Hard Drive: 60GB required
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68V Pro-Gen3
Bus: 2 x PCIe 2 16 slots
GPU/Graphics: 2 x ATi FirePro GL V7900 quad-head graphics cards

A:CPU - leaking thermal paste and overheating

I can't seem to see the thermal paste in the picture but, nevertheless:

I would think that the thermal paste was not applied correctly in the first place, likely with too much being used.

I would be immediately removing the CPU cooler and re-applying the paste. Here's a tutorial if you need help:

Make sure there's no damage to the block before re-applying the past, however.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-leaking-thermal-paste-and-overheating.191411/
Relevancy 26.23%

Guys,Out of curiosity can u tell me How much % performance difference between 2X4GB 1333 and 1600mhz?Would its performance noticeable with this type of rig
PRO:i5 3470
GPU:7850 2gb and also in 7770
Monitor 18.5 led
as I m a normal gamer.will I notice it in my gaming time?will % increase if ram size gets big such as 32GB or 16GB?
Sorry for BAD ENGLISH

A:How much % performance difference between 8GB 1333 and 1600MHz RAM?

You will see no difference when gaming or doing general computing tasks.

as I m a normal gamer.will I notice it in my gaming time?will % increase if ram size gets big such as 32GB or 16GB?Click to expand...

Will have to elaborate a bit on what you mean. I don't particularly understand what you saying here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-performance-difference-between-8gb-1333-and-1600mhz-ram.190980/
Relevancy 16.77%

I slow running games Laptop m curious to know why this Acer aspired v - runs games slow Like Street fighter X Tekken can t run at max Laptop running games slow Iron brigade or even this MMO I play being FFXI I get lag running everything on high Specs AMD Quad core processor A AMD Radeon HD g MB GB DDR GB HDD I play FFXI a lot and I can t even increase resolution a bit or some settings higher because I will begin to experience some lag quot moving game camera slower then normal speed quot is there a particular reason as to why this laptop is having problems with light weight games I have only updated GPU driver and replaced HDD with SSD ive notice no improvements for any game other then pc booting in seconds and everything else OS wise is insane fast quot I m being told that if I update ram to gaming better ram my experience will increase Because this stock ram quot sucks quot so I m looking at GB HMZ should I buy that will it even help me is stock ram from laptops in general just bad nbsp

A:Laptop running games slow

It's a mobile low-end APU. You don't actually have a graphics card.

You need to turn down the graphical details in games.

RAM won't help you much, 4GB is OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-running-games-slow.190744/
Relevancy 30.53%

Toshiba Satellite Laptop - A105-S2101
Model no. PSAA5U-01300Q

When I leave the laptop on all day in the evening hours it shuts itself off and is really hot. I turn it in the morning hours then it acts up around 8pm hour.

A:Laptop overheating issues

Firstly do u use it on ur bed or on a sofa as it will not be able to breath propaly as the fans underneath ... also u could buy some compressed air and spray any dust out also make sure the fan is spinning to help keep it cool and if u feel comfortable maybe open up to clean all dust out where fan is

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-overheating-issues.189465/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello there I made an account on this forum only to ask this so I hope it was worth spending a minute of my life Here is my problem I ve got a HD GPU and it randomly reaches degrees I know this is hot as hell and I don t know why My specs are -Phenom II X -Saphire HD obvious huh -ASRock N -GE UCC -Dual Channel GB Ram -Energon w PSU So when I play games on x and Maximum settings my GPU sometimes reaches degreees Celsius I know when this happens because the games begin to stutter Sometimes Sapphire HD 6850 overheating I can play a game let s say AC Revelations for hours without the card going over degrees and sometimes it gets to one hundred in seconds after entering the game Sapphire HD 6850 overheating And after I exit that specific game ALT F the temp drops at a nice in minutes Another thing I have never overclocked anything in my PC but I did use FurMark several times and then I unninstalled it BTW it reached degrees in FurMark too The card is about one year old so it is still under warranty but I bought it second-hand from a friend and he forgot to give me the warrany paperwork and he s off for about a month and I can t get it right now Oh and I did set all the settings in the Catalyst Control Pannel to quot Performance quot So my question is Why do you think my card is overheating and what can I do to fix that nbsp

A:Sapphire HD 6850 overheating

Have you cleaned all the dust out of the cards cooler and made sure the heatsink is seated properly? Is the fan on the card spinning? You could try removing the cooler and replacing the thermal paste. Remember though that if you do that, you may void the cards warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sapphire-hd-6850-overheating.188925/
Relevancy 25.8%

Morning guys,

I recently set up my system with dual monitors.
I'm quite a keen gamer so what I've been doing is playing games on one screen and then streaming video (youtube, iplayer, tvcatchup, etc...) on the other one. I have noticed a slight decrease in FPS while playing games.
Now I know that the graphics card now has extra to do than it used to.

So my question is what part of the card is having the issue, is it the GPU or is it the VRAM or even both?

I currently have a HD6870 1gb, I was looking to upgrade shortly anyway so I was thinking if it is the VRAM I will make sure I get one that has more than 1GB,

Cheers

A:Reason for performance decrease since dual monitoring

Hocknose said:

So my question is what part of the card is having the issue, is it the GPU or is it the VRAM or even both?Click to expand...

Both. Although you're still only gaming on one screen so the slowdown shouldn't be too severe (watching videos isn't that GPU intensive). There's many programs out there which lets you check your GPU activity and VRAM usage in programs, personally I use MSI Afterburner.

If you're looking to upgrade then pretty much all current generation mid range cards have 2GB of VRAM or more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reason-for-performance-decrease-since-dual-monitoring.189981/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello I for a very long time performance laptop with new my on CS1.6 Problem with have this problem with low performance on CS with Problem with performance on CS1.6 with my new laptop my new laptop So I bought an Asus K SC that comes with a Intel HD graphics and a Nvidia GeForce MX Win Ultimate b The problem is I can t play CS in fullscreen I have this black bars on the sides only have different resolutions to choose and I think the GT MX is not quot launching quot when I open CS because I can t get good performance I have like fps max and some textures degradation Every game else that I have Warframe D LoL BLR is working perfectly fine just CS that is not working correctly My screen resolution is x at Hz i Problem with performance on CS1.6 with my new laptop - M CPU GHz GB Ram DX I would really apreciate some help because CS is my alltime favorite game and the first game I bought and I would like Problem with performance on CS1.6 with my new laptop to play it to its fullest Thanks nbsp

A:Problem with performance on CS1.6 with my new laptop

You need to choose 16:9 as the aspect ratio. This will show up with more resolution choices.

If you have vertical sync turned on, you'll be limited to 60fps too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-performance-on-cs1-6-with-my-new-laptop.189973/
Relevancy 30.53%

Computer specs Case CM Storm enforcer Brand PC, new overheating problem with a m intake fan at the front bottom of the case and a mm outtake fan at the top-back of the case CPU Cooler Xigmatek Prime SD with two mm fans I think they re mm one for intake another for outtake CPU Intel Core i GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX So I got this computer literally one week ago and the threshold that it s deeming to be too hot Brand new PC, overheating problem is degrees Celsius I ve heard from other people quot over is a bit bad Brand new PC, overheating problem quot quot it can handle quot quot it can handle up to quot so I m really not too sure if is an okay temperature for my CPU to be running at It gets this hot when I run diablo at max settings - but when I play tribes ascend at max it can get to degrees Every game play the temp is always over I ll be getting a mm outtake fan for the top of the case anyday now which I m hoping will help but I d really like some helpful advice please The computer is located on top of my desk which is on the opposite side of the room to my window I can include other specs I just included what I thought to be the necessary ones nbsp

A:Brand new PC, overheating problem

That sounds too hot, make sure your CPU HSF is mounted properly and that you haven't applied too much thermal paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-pc-overheating-problem.182598/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey, I have ASUS K53U
6gb RAM
2gb VideoRam AMD Radeon HD6320
AMD E-450 Processor ~1.6 (2 CPUs)
and no AV

My problem is that my computer is so slow :S. I'm running w7 about 4 days, before I had w8, but I thought that w8 is problem what takes much cpu. But w7 is same slow, I can't even play NBA 2k13 normal fps, what should I do? I close all unnessessary apps in task manager but it still hanging. Please help.

And I'm using old windows theme, my search is disabled etc.

A:Poor Windows and gaming performance on Asus K53U

That's not a gaming laptop, by any stretch of the definition.

If you want to play games, here are some options:
- Turn down all graphics settings on games to minimum, and use 800 x 600 resolution. Pray that works.
- Go back to the store you got it from and see if you can return it as store credit to buy a more expensive machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-windows-and-gaming-performance-on-asus-k53u.189102/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi there!

Straight to the point:

Tablet specifications:
- Manta Tablet PowerTab 10" HD MID1001
- CPU - Cortex A-8 1.5GHz
- GPU - Mali-400
- 3D OPEN GL V2.0
- Ram 1GB
- Android ver. 4.0.4
- compile number - crane_axmid-eng 4.0.4 IMM76D 20120803 test-keys
- kernel 3.0.8+ [email protected] #52

Problem:
- slow page load (if any!) - tested on default browser, chrome, opera, opera mini, etc etc
- no reaction for stopping loading pages

Thoughts:
- not a router problem (802.11n WPA2/AES)
- other android devices working well on that hotspot
- Google Play working well on tablet, no lags, no interference (same other online soft - skype etc)
- tried system restore, default settings, changing router settings

Techspot is my last hope. Help me!

A:Slow browser failing to load pages on tablet

Download a terminal emulator, do some pings.

Check the advanced setting for the Wifi, there may be some weird DNS entries or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-browser-failing-to-load-pages-on-tablet.188781/
Relevancy 16.77%

I bought a new laptop a few months ago, and ever since I bought it I struggled with this slow internet browsing, at first multiple sites wouldn't load up as fast as I wanted it to. hotmail.com would load up in 30 seconds, and sometimes it wouldn't load up at all. Sometimes it would be no data sent. This happens on certain sites. Some sites load up instantly, some doesn't. My IPod / my old HP laptop would run perfectly fine and better than this. Internet for gaming, downloading is perfectly fine.

My laptop model is Hp pavilion m6-1035dx !
Someone please help, much thanks is appreciated!!

A:New laptop, very slow Internet browsing

Typically, this is an issue with the DNS settings. The system will ask DNS#1 and wait for it to timeout before asking DNS#2.
That delay makes browsing very akward/slow.

Get a command prompt (start->run->cmd)
1) find your DNS settings
issue IPCONFIG /all
look for

Code:
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 216.116.96.2

(yes, I have three)

2) try accessing each manually

Code:

nslookup google.com 216.116.96.2
nslookup google.com 216.52.251.1
nslookup google.com 209.18.47.16

(notice these are from the (1) results)
If any timeout, substitute 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-very-slow-internet-browsing.187830/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello Techspot!!!!

I have had my laptop for nearly 3 years but I wouldn't deem it to be a poor performance laptop. Recently I have been getting slow internet, poor keyboard response and slow scrolling, and it is very frustrating!!! I share the BT 3 homehub with good connection speed which was checked and found fine! My housemates laptop has started having the same problem as mine and I really want to fix this issue. The internet, keyboard and scrolling speeds vary everyday but overall are slow performers. I have looked through some of the threads and have seen people posting long threads of code etc :/ Is there anyone out there who has the time and patience to help me fix this problem? It would be most appreciated!!!

Many Thanks

Dan

A:Slow internet, poor keyboard response and slow scrolling problems

First, get us

make/model of all PCs
of the internet modem
and any extra router attached.
Is this a rather new ISP for you and/or are the PCs newish or older ones?

Did you every have good response? HOW long ago?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-poor-keyboard-response-and-slow-scrolling-problems.187909/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello, I've recently got a new laptop, It works great. 0 Lag problems for anything, no freezing, it has decent speed and it seems to be better in every way compared to my previous laptop, however the internet is terrible. It takes 10~ seconds to load google let alone search something and it takes forever for a 10 minute youtube video to load on 360p. I can only assume that my computer does not get along with my router. Can any of you please help me fix this issue? Everything would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much.

I'd like to add that at moments it has really good connection but about 90% of the time it's as I said above.

A:New laptop, extremely slow Internet

We will need lots of hardware and setup info to do you any good

version of windows
make + model of your modem and router if any
your ISP connection is ADSL or Cable? to which ISP
how are you connected to your modem or router? wired or wifi?
get on line and then
get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt
open myTCP.txt and copy/paste that information into your follow-up response.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-laptop-extremely-slow-internet.187362/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello Everyone,
Okay I'm on Facebook and well I like to play Farmville,CityVille however when I play these games it sticks and lags when I move around...I know it's not my Broadband as I'm getting 7.5mb
What factors would it come down to?
My CPU is stuck at 100% when I play these online games?
Any ideas please. Thank you!

MY COMPUTER SPECS:

ME PLAYING FARMVILLE AND MY CPU IS AT 100%!

A:Poor performance in online games

Upgrade ur processor dude go for the higher version of the processor the amd semptron is for normal browsing the browser needs good processor to run

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-performance-in-online-games.186152/
Relevancy 17.2%

Almost since the day we bought our laptop several years ago it's been slow to start up, but now it's worse and taking forever.

I don't know where to start to remedy the problem. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

Specs: Hp Pavillion Entertainment Laptop
Windows Vista

A:Slow startup

First off, I suggest that you defragment your hard drive. It would also be good if you can check that you don't have unnecessary programs in your start up configuration.

To do this, type 'msconfig' (without quotation marks) in the Windows search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the MSCONFIG program that appears in the search results.

Once the System Configuration utility is up, click on the 'startup' tab. You should see a list of services and programs that Windows loads every time you boot or restart your PC. Laptops that come with pre-installed copies of Windows usually have a tonload of unnecessary software ticked in that list. These slow your system down and are a waste of RAM and disk space. Check out this Techspot thread to learn more about this particular subject.

If it's an option, then you should also try installing more RAM into your machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-startup.185610/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi my toshiba satellite L550d when I play games my pc crushes the cpu when idle the temperature is 59-62 when playing games is 78-81 is it normal?

A:Toshiba Satellite overheating?

It depends, usually your CPU temperature shouldn't be that high during regular gaming, have you checked whether your laptop fan port is blocked up with dust? If its clear, and your still having problems, I would recommend looking into a laptop cooling pad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-overheating.185587/
Relevancy 29.67%

So this has never really been an issue before until just recently My HD got so corrupted that I had to reformat the drive and reinstall all the recovery components After doing all this I was reinstalling games back onto my system and have been having some intermittent issues with shutting down which just recently got worse When playing games like Sims or Dungeons games that are graphically intense and larger the computer now will shut off within - down overheating high and shutting games G73 on laptop end Asus minutes No graphic anomalies and I am able to turn Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down it right back on without the computer baring me due to an overheated system The system doesnt shut down when running movies or playing games like fallout or other bit games I ran hardware monitor and speed fan when I was running dungeons and got the following data HW monitor reports Min Max C Therm Intel core i QM Core Core Core Core ST AS Assembly Air Flow ATI Mobility Radeon HD TMPIN Speed Fan reports Speed fan only sees one CPU Fan running at a range of - RPM However my laptop has two fans within it should it be reporting CPU Fans When running dungeons the fan jumps to RPM The GPU temp is normally C but when running dungeons it jumps to C Im running an Asus G Jh gaming laptop The BIOS is version Intel core i CPU Q GHz Memory mb ram HD gb gb of gb free OS Windows Home premium bit build My question is whether or not one of my fans isnt working anymore Which happened a year ago and I had to replace it or is something else going on that isnt kicking my fans on to cool the system down for gaming I dont tend to hear the fans whirring loudly anymore like they sort of did before when things got a little too hot nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop overheating on high end games and shutting down

It may very well be your fans again. You may need to open it up and clean it out with a can of air. Try replacing the thermal compound or pads. This may solve your problem. Plus inspect the motherboard for any lose connections. I am sure some one else here will have a few more suggestion to help you out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-overheating-on-high-end-games-and-shutting-down.185380/
Relevancy 26.23%

Weird problem that I can't seem to find any info on despite being resourceful with Google.

For awhile now, my PC wants to be plugged in. It will work on battery for browsing or light app work, but if I'm doing something CPU intensive it lets me know right away that just being on battery will not do, and performance breaks down to the point that sometimes it crashes my prog.

I've looked at my performance settings, and as far as I can tell I don't have anything selected that sacrifices power to save battery life. Any help is appreciated.

Also, it's an HP dv7 laptop, a 2010 model (4183cl, I think). i5 processor, 8gb ram... etc etc

A:Performance suffers when not plugged in... weird?

Tbh mate I play league of legends on my brothers laptop and I see the same difference I belive its because the laptop is drawing more power then it was actually using I see the difference of 35-42 fps flucuating to a constant 60 fps because of v-sync when it is plugged in so I doubt it is rly any rly problem from your laptop just the power that it uses

To continue with that its the same thing as happens when u have a weak psu in a computer .The pc wont draw its full potential or wont work at all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/performance-suffers-when-not-plugged-in-weird.185116/
Relevancy 15.05%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello all.
First of all congratulations for your community , I'm new
Okay I recently bought my pc (about 6 months ago) and I have an issue.My pc is overheating and once even restarted by itself. I think I have some problem with my power supply , can you help me a little bit? Here some photos :

1. Here im running csgo - http://i48.tinypic.com/3449t8o.png

2. Here im running nothing - http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/96096473.png

Voltages in motherboard are low right?

Thanks for your help.

A:Overheating, possibly power supply

Any thoughts ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-possibly-power-supply.184731/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have an Intel Core i3 2310M (Sandy Bridge) processor and even with a cooling pad my cpu is reaching temps. of 85 degrees and without the cooling pad it's even worse. I've recently started overclocking my gpu which is a gt 525M and I'm wandering if that could be the problem. Thanks.

A:Is my processor overheating?

85 sounds high to me for an i3, but I don't actually know, nor have I looked up, the max temp for it, I do know mobile processors tend to have a higher max temp than traditionals.

I think the real question here is why did you ask this? Were you having problems?

Temp problems manifest themselves a few ways:
Super sluggishness because the CPU throttles way down.
Windows or other OS errors, when things go bad, they don't compute well, which is why you see stability problems on high ends of overclocking.
Graphics corruption on GPU overclocks, or simply bad drivers on normal clocks.

I'm sure there are some I missed, but that is the gist of it.

If you aren't seeing any problems, I wouldn't worry about it. Fixing laptop overheating problems yourself is more involved than doing the same on desktops.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-processor-overheating.183689/
Relevancy 17.2%

I dont get the internet speed that my isp offers me.
like when I surf pages and load videos it is very slow, but on the other hand my isp offers me 1mbps.
when I login to safe mode I feel that the internet there is very fast but in normal mode it is slow.
some times I get speed of 1.5mb/s from the isp and normally I get 70 kb/ps which is really slow and nothing compared to what I should be getting.
can u please fix this issue as well.

A:Slow Internet speed

I don't know that I can't fix your issue, but I can help you check for what might contribute to the slowdown:

What type of connection do you have: Dial-up, cable or DSL?
Click on Start> Settings> Control Panel> System:
[o]What is the operating system?
[o]How much Ram is installed?
Click on Start< Run> type in msconfig> Enter> Choose Startup tab
[o]How many boxes are checked?
Right click on the Taskbar> Task Manager>(in Normal Mode)
[o]Processes tab> Look at the bottom and tell me how many processes are running
[o]Performance tab> Look on the bottom for the Physical Memory
[o]How much Total Memory?
[o]How much Available Memory?
[o]How much is in the System Cache?
================================
When I have the information from the 4 questions above, I may be able to help you.

Logging on to Safe Mode will prevent some drivers and Services from running, so the system will move faster, but you will be able to do less than in Normal Mode.

In Normal Mode, everything you have checked on the Startup Menu to start on boot has to load. Most of those processes will run in the background. This can slow you down.
-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-speed.183528/
Relevancy 25.8%

So I have intel core i5 2320 3Ghz processor and when I dont do anything with computer just surfing on net I got about 40C-45C temperature. I cheack temperature with Speccy program. However when I playing game like gta 4 I got form 70-75 temperature and one time I got 80 but its was just for one time. So and I have fews questions, its normal, its safe ? And when I playing game like crysis gta 4 I got fps drop in some places, but I hear that is normal when fps drop in some places on gta and crysis, fps drop is not so big. On other game no fps drop like postal and mafia II. But maybe it can have influence for performance I dont know so that why I ask you.

A:It's this temperature normal for processor and games performance?

Slowing down depends on what's happening on-screen, e.g. the FPS during an explosion or a lot of smoke/dust would be lower than normal. But at high temps, thermal throttle would kick in, slowing things down.
Anyhow, to the thread's main question:
The "normal" temps depends on ambient temps, really. 30C, while hot for Antarctica, is a miracle for Sahara. Knowing your ambient temps and system configuration/placement would help.
But if you are uncomfortable with those temps (should be, IMHO), refer to the Cooling Guides in my signature for help.

Regards,
Marnomancer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/its-this-temperature-normal-for-processor-and-games-performance.183139/
Relevancy 26.23%

1. I'm not a gaming junkie by any means. I play a lot of old stuff. But I also occasionally play World of Warcraft type games and I usually have to lower the resolution for it to run smoothly and it looks awful.

2. I don't want to have to spend more than a 100 dollars

3. I'm not seeing the power supply on my hp touchsmart. The most info I could find on the web for my comp is that its 200w (100v-240v)

4. - motherboard - Manufacturer - PENTAGON CORPORATION
- Model - JESSE
-Graphic Interface - ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphcs
- Code Name RS780M
- Technology 55nm
- Memory size 256 mbytes Memory bus width 32 bits
- Memory type DDR3
- size 4096 mbytes
-CPU AMD Athlon II X2 235
-CPU SPEED 798 MHz

5. Im from The U.S.
Thanks in advance for the help

A:Improve gaming performance for $100 or less

First off I am not sure what your question is. Perhaps you accidentally left it out. If you are looking to upgrade your computer to play games at a higher resolution or higher frame rate then I see a problem. I believe the Touchpad is built pretty muck like a laptop, meaning most parts are *not* swappable and if they are the cost and trouble would be more than what it would be worth. Generally the two most easily replaceable parts on a laptop would be the RAM or harddrive and neither one of those is really going to give any performance gain.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/improve-gaming-performance-for-100-or-less.182881/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hey there, my CPU is at 60-70 celsius and around 80-90 under load.
[Specs]

Raven 03 Computer Case
AMD Phenom II 965 Black Edition 54-90C
GTX 560 TI - 35-40C
Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
8GB Mushkin
WD Velociraptor - 40-50C
I switched cases/motherboard recently, however even before that my CPU would overheat and shut down unexpectedly. I've been recently monitoring my CPU and realized that it is extremely hot and was wondering why. I applied a few fresh dabs of Thermal Paste however it has not helped. I'm currently using the stock CPU cooler, however I'm not using any overclocking so I'm a bit curious as to why it's overheating o.O

Edit: Oh, my hard drive is reaching 44 celsius as well, which I think is rather hot, although it is seated near my CPU and in a area where there are no fans. My GPU never overheats either.

A:Overheating CPU, AMD Phenom 965

You should spend the time to track down everything in your system.. where it goes... what it touches... replace the cooler and the cooling fan... check the heatsink to the CPU carefully... in fact I would replace it, and apply new paste.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-cpu-amd-phenom-965.176946/
Relevancy 21.5%

hey , i nid help wat shuld i do to increase fps in game(League Of Legends)my highest fps is only 21fps ...
- Operating System : Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit
- Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
- Memory : 1024MB RAM
-Graphic Card :intel(R) Express Chipset Family
pls reply , ty ..

A:Suggestions to increase my PC's performance (increase fps)

First thing I would suggest is a new system, anything with a P4 in it needs to be upgraded to a new platform.
Second thing I would suggest is a dedicated graphics card, if you are using the machine for gaming.

System Requirements

Minimum System Requirements

2 GHz processor
1 GB RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 2 GB of RAM or more)
2 GB available hard disk space
Shader version 2.0 capable video card
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported)
Recommended System Requirements

3 GHz processor
2 GB of RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 4 GB of RAM or more)
6 GB available hard disk space
GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM))
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
Windows XP with the latest service pack installed, Windows Vista with the latest service pack installed, or Windows 7 (Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported)
The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft

Why are you using Windows 7 Enterprise?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-to-increase-my-pcs-performance-increase-fps.180115/
Relevancy 30.53%

I recently built a system using an old Pentium Ghz FSB m cache from my Dad s dead Dell Dimension I found an MSI board that supports this CPU overheating problem chipset G41 MSI G M-P The original Dell used DDR PC RAM and the Intel X chipset while the new board uses the Intel G41 chipset overheating problem G chipset and DDR up to Mhz I bought x GB Patriot PC Mhz DIMM s since G41 chipset overheating problem they are readily available and much cheaper than Mhz or Mhz DIMM s DDR is very hard to find only on E-Bay used I m also using an EVGA Superclocked GTX Ti video card an Ultra LSP and a Cooler Master Hyper The board works great and makes the system run much faster except for problem - the temp sensor on the board runs hot c at idle and c under load No problem you say the G chipset is rated to c Well mine freezes the system every time it gets to c requiring a hard reboot using the power switch I m assuming the sensor is under the north bridge but MSI provides no documentation for this and an MSI tech said that they don t release that info to end users like Asus and Intel do After trying different chipset coolers and adding fans the problem was still there Using only DIMM didn t help either I wasn t able to do anything processor-intensive like gaming video conversion or benchmarking without it freezing up Even the automatic Windows defrag utility was causing it to freeze until I disabled it MSI is ignoring my emails after the first one to usrma msi so I had to fix this one on my own I finally installed a Delta AFC DE fan from the Dimension on a homemade bracket pointing towards the chipset cooler and RAM This kept the temp at c under full load but the noise from this fan is unacceptable dBA at rpm cfm amp power draw I installed a toggle switch so I can turn it off when not needed but during gaming it s like a vacuum cleaner running right next to you It s driving me crazy I can t use a fan controller with this fan as it s PWM only and won t run at all with less than volts I could buy another fan with voltage control but it would have to be at lest cfm to do the job which would still be too noisy My question is does this sound like a bad motherboard or is the problem caused by the RAM being forced to run at Mhz by the FSB speed Or possibly because of using a modern PCI-E video card in the MB s first generation PCI-E slot Would switching to DDR solve the problem Or is this board just a low-end piece of crap with inherent design problems - any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/g41-chipset-overheating-problem.182365/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi I posted a thread in quot viruses malwar quot After running a some all coming at slow, not running freezing, Computer up games check on the computer they saw nothing malicious suggested it is a hardware problem and suggested I post something here When I restarted my computer the other day Windows loaded normally boot time was seconds However when I clicked on the icon for Google Chrome nothing happened I tried others and the same thing I was sitting there thinking I may have picked up a virus and Google Chrome opened I discovered that it just took awhile for the programs to open so I updated and ran SE and MWB then did a disc cleanup The computer was fine The next evening I turned the computer on and the same thing happened So I repeated the process Since then the programs are sluggish to open and some of the games I play won t open at all I have Windows and have only had the computer since Sept Oct of I am not great with computers but have cleaned a computer in the past through TechSpot so I can follow instructions Any ideas nbsp

A:Computer running slow, freezing, some games not coming up at all

well the first step is making sure you dont have a ton of programs running in the system tray (next to the clock.).
If you could click the windows button, right click computer, click properties, and tell us what is written down in system, it would give us a better idea of the caliber of PC we are talking about here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-running-slow-freezing-some-games-not-coming-up-at-all.182116/
Relevancy 30.1%

I just noticed that one part of the temperature is really high. Its constantly 80+ celcius. Is it really overheating that much or could it be reading it wrong? Its under no load and still that hot.

See? I doubt that is normal. How can I check if its a false reading or if its really burning up, wouldn't I get BSOD?

A:Asus P8H67 overheating badly?

I wouldn't worry too much about that Temp. It usually reads a wrong temperature from my experience. Mine has always been 60c never lower or higher lol even in the winter months.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p8h67-overheating-badly.181642/
Relevancy 17.2%

A question about my computer this time, the internet speed appears to have slowed down noticeably, it is normally 12 - 15MB download speed but my last successful test was only 0.8MB. If I connect through another desktop I get the normal speed, if I connect wirelessly that also works fine, I disconnected the ethernet cable form my pc and connected it to a laptop and speed is again fine, its just my machine, e-mail is also very slow or it gives up trying.
I have reloaded the Nvidia drivers which made no difference, my mobo has 2 ethernet ports and I have tried both but they are both slow, it was working fine and then overnight it dropped to a crawl.
Have you guys any words of wisdom for me?

A:Slow Internet one one computer

have you tried checking the Packets being recieved and sent for me im having some kinda problems sometimes which skyrockets my ping to an unplayable gaming but restarting both router and modem helps for me so if u probably have any other errors call your isp they should check your problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-one-one-computer.181594/
Relevancy 17.2%

Today, I bought an External Hard Drive...WD My Book Live 2TB

When transfering all my music and films to it... I noticed I was getting a peak transfer speed of 10 MBps

My BT Infinity Modem can apparently handle up to 1,000 Mbps.

My math tells me that 1,000 / 8 != 10...

What is bottle-necking my speed? How can I fix that?

I am using Ethernet cables to do it all....

It is not the external Hard drive, it has a built in CPU to help with the speeds and remote cloud access...

I noticed this problem in the past but haven't a clue...

A:Slow network transfer

I take it that your NIC is set up to transmit data at 1000Mbps, under the Network Connections properties? (apologies in advance if this is ridiculously obvious! )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-network-transfer.181250/
Relevancy 17.2%

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 because of most of my configs didnt work for some programs and because of computer speed. Before the reinstall I got 1.8mb/sec on downloads, now I get 10-30kb/secs

Any problems?

A:Slow downloading

1st: Check your Ethernet cable, make sure it's terminated on both ends correctly - make sure it's ends are tight and there is nothing physically wrong with it. If it doubt replace it.
2nd: perhaps the network card is failing, swap it or install a pci one & see if there is a difference.

Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-downloading.181224/
Relevancy 30.53%

Alright guys I need some help with something I currently game on an Alienware m x laptop I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD in the laptop for my graphics card I had some problems with one before where it would overheat and my computer would shut down I am guessing it did this as a safeguard Well I Graphics overheating? card got a Graphics card overheating? new one and normal games like WoW or The Old Republic work fine on it but when it comes to something like Skyrim my computer will shut down after about minutes of play time I assume this is because of overheating I have a cooling pad under Graphics card overheating? my laptop and I have a box fan sitting behind the laptop blowing cold air straight into the vents I added the box fan today when I became frustrated with it crashing repeatedly I am in a room that is regular temperature not too hot or too cold but it still crashes Is there a way I could make it where my graphics card would not run as hard as it does to reduce the amount of heat it produces Any advice would be great nbsp

A:Graphics card overheating?

yep, this is one of the most common problems with gaming on laptops. obviously there is less airflow inside of a laptop vs a desktop so unfortunately it can be tough to control temps. my best advice would be to make sure the fan duct(s) are clear and that the fan itself is working properly. those higher end mobile GPUs can get pretty hot, especially with more demanding games which require them to work harder etc.

if you find that nothing helps the crashing, it may be a good idea to abandon the most demanding titles and use a desktop instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-overheating.179418/
Relevancy 17.2%

It's my first time working for a multinational company and the network speed is ridiculous. Max speed I've seen copying from a network drive is 14KB/sec, normally bellow 10KB/sec. How could it possibly be so slow? I know the ISP is at least in the same country

A:Why is the network connection so slow?

The company needs to get someone come in and take a look at the issue. Run a packet sniffer on the network, find out if the routers/switches etc are running optimally.. One piece of bad hardware could mess it up, specially if it's right where the network leaves the company and goes to the ISP.

I would have a professional investigate the issue as it could be a lot more complex then it seems, Could just need to reboot the network completely.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-the-network-connection-so-slow.180667/
Relevancy 16.77%

So I left my computer on for a routine virus scan yesterday and when I logged into the issue & timeouts URL-access, latency Slow gaming Star Wars Online game today I noticed huge latency spikes dropping my latency from ish to frequently When I tracert google com my request always seems to timeout after the th hop Code C Dokumente und Einstellungen Imposter gt tracert google com Routenverfolgung zu google com ber maximal Abschnitte lt ms ms lt ms ms ms ms lo br ber de hansenet net ms ms ms ge- - - - pr ber de hansenet net ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Zeit berschreitung der Anforderung ms ms ms bk-in-f e net Slow URL-access, timeouts & gaming latency issue Ablaufverfolgung beendet Since my computer was online the whole time I didnt change any configuration since then Can anyone point me into the right direction Windows XP SP Provider O Germany Alice Modem Siemens provided by my Provider Router NETGEAR WGR v but connection is wired nbsp

A:Slow URL-access, timeouts & gaming latency issue

Issue with your ISP? Call them and see if they are having any issues, if not, make sure nothing on your computer is using the network heavily (something like Pando Media Booster, it has been known to slow internet connections)

Torrent programs do the same thing, or can.

But otherwise, reset your modem/router, let them sit for 30-45 seconds and start them back up. See if the issue is resolved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-url-access-timeouts-gaming-latency-issue.180634/
Relevancy 26.23%

I just recently notice that the performance on my Toshiba laptop is decreasing.
The other say I decided to play minecraft and noticed it was lagging more than usual. When I tried to play on my friends server I could barely move. I've also noticed the fps drops in games like Cod4 and CSS. I've cleaned out my registry, cleared out some hard drive space, and ran gamebooster but nothing seems to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Toshiba P755 S5320
Intel Core i3 2.20ghz
Intel HD 3000 graphics
6gb ram
640gb hdd

PS: I tried MC multiplayer on my sister's HP and it ran with no lag issues.

A:Windows 7 Toshiba performance issue

What antivirus/antimalware programs are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-toshiba-performance-issue.180632/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello. Built my PC about three weeks ago - MSI GTX 680, i5-2500k, 8GB RAM @ 1600 MHz. I ran Battlefield 3 with no performance issues at all. However, today I've been bothered with rather (seemingly) low FPS. I've checked my ping, it goes from 13 to 17. In more intense scenes (multiplayer), I can already see the lag.

Basically, my 680 performs as if it's a 480. I haven't made any changes to my computer. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, but that didn't solve anything. I doubt it's a heat issue since the game was alright even yesterday, and I didn't remove any fans. I also don't think dust would have filled up my computer overnight.

What do you think is the problem? Could something happen to my card and should I get a replacement? Could it be a CPU issue instead? Thanks for your answers in advance.

A:GTX 680 Battlefield 3 performance issues

The cause of your lowered frame rates could be many things, I'd take a look at the memory first with Memtest86+ and make sure nothing is amiss, and then I'd look at the hard drive with the manufacturers disk check utility. Now if both of those items checked out, I'd start searching for malware with Malwarebytes and your antivirus program.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-680-battlefield-3-performance-issues.180557/
Relevancy 16.77%

When ever I turn on my computer regardless if it's from Sleep Mode or Cold Start, it takes ages to connect to the internet (up to 5 mins sometimes). It says "Identifying" (See Attached pic)

Is this normal for others? I was thinking is the network adapter in sleep mode or something? Maybe that's why it takes a while to connect?

Any ideas appreciated,
Josh.

A:Network adapter slow to connect

My built-in LAN connection typically takes a couple of seconds more or less whenever I cold start my PCs. Maybe you could try updating the driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adapter-slow-to-connect.180413/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi I had this system first over yrs Intel Upgraded, still slow PD PD MB GB DDR ram Intel Core ghz E Geforce GTX Upgraded, still slow MB GFX card TB HDD Windows Ultimate At the mid of when I download a video and do something else I would notice a lg in my PC If I am installing a game or program and do something else like try to browse the internet I would notice a significant lag in my pc I know installing a program or game doesn t use that much resources to prevent me from multitasking So I figured it was time for a serious upgrade Jan I now have this Asus P Z -VLE MB Intel Core i LG GB DDR ram Geforce GTX MB GFX card TB HDD Windows Ultimate Now even with this new supposed to be faster and able to handle multitasking system I am still experiencing slow down lags when doing more than one simple thing at a time Downloading installations unzipping watching youtube videos some videos play like in slow motion while others play normal all these act like they are using so much resource if you do more than one of them at a time Can someone tell me what could be the issue s here Thanks nbsp

A:Upgraded, still slow

Did you upgrade the power supply? You don't even mention what it is...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgraded-still-slow.180152/