C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Dsq\network\sysne twk.exe Malware

Q: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Dsq\network\sysne twk.exe Malware

hello sir,
i need your help too,
i got the same problem,,
i use windows 10 pro
would you like to help me too? please,,
thanks before

https://malwaretips.com/threads/c-programdata-microsoft-network-dsq-network-sysnetwk-exe-malware.65578/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Dsq\network\sysne twk.exe Malware

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 123.38%

Hello I tried downloading some software yesterday and ended up downloading a zip file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Dsq\network\sysne Malware twk.exe After i C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Network\Dsq\network\sysne twk.exe Malware extracted it my Antivirus immediately detected it as malware and moved it to the chest I immediately deleted the downloaded file but the damage had already been done C ProgramData Microsoft Network Dsq network sysnetwk exe There is a suspicious file created in the above said path which is constantly been detected by my Antivirus software I tried manually deleting the files but it pops back again after I close and open the file location I read some of your earlier replies to these kind of problems and tried removing But I was not successful in removing the malware So here I have attached the FRST Logs for your reference I have also downloaded the Zemana Antimalware suggested by you and scanned my PC It detected many proxy settings and a few other files also I am also uploading the Zemana Antimalware Scan Log for your reference Thanking you in advance for your consideration Hope to get a speedy reply nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/c-programdata-microsoft-network-dsq-network-sysnetwk-exe-malware.64458/
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello There. I'm Just Registered For This... PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
My thing is..
Today. I turned on my pc.. everything went ok. after booting. and playing some games. a message appears down in the taskbar. that says error in system,corrupt files in C:\ProgramData/Microsoft/Network.. and everything gone was in my start menu. system tools etc. (my windows language isn't English, It's Arabic)
My problem isn't this. The problem. I can't install any program download from the internet. also i tried CHKDSK. but it says CHKDSK can't start due to installed packages or programs recently. and can this corrupt my files in the another Drivers like D: or E:.
Please Help me !! because there is so much important and personal files in the another driver and i Won't make them corrupt.
Best Regards
-Abd Salamah

A:Corrupt Files in ProgramData/Microsoft/Network

Hi Abd,
I dont see an Anti-virus in your system specs >> YOU NEED ONE.
I suspect you have picked up some malware.
Plrease run Malwarbytes (free), untick the trial, and then in the settings dashboard check the rootkit option.
Then run ESET on-line, dissable any other AV you might have.

After running the above also run from an elevated command mode
sfc /scannow
then
ipconfig /flushdns

Reboot, try a download

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/398084-corrupt-files-programdata-microsoft-network.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi

I am having the following problem

I have an hp laptop with SO Windows 8.1

Kaspersky antivirus shows a message saying about detection of active malicious software which is in the following path: 

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Secure\Icons\temp\

there are the following exe files:

tmpAEA1.exe
tmpA660.exetmp1716.exetmp845E.exe

It seems to be that one of those files runs a fake adobe flash player updater which shows a popup asking for an adobe flashplayer update
Kaspersky desinfects the system and reboots system, so it seems to be that problem is solved, but always two days after 
there is the same problem again

I have run a complete system scan with Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, Avira but they haven't fixed the problem
How can i fix this definitely?

Thanks in advance

A:Malware C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Secure\Icons\temp

Hi fespin5 and Welcome to BleepingComputerI am reviewing your situation with my mentor and will advice you on what to do in my next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550853/malware-cprogramdatamicrosoftsecureiconstemp/
Relevancy 64.93%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 63.21%

hi

does anyone knows about this folder does?

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC\StateData?
Thanks!

kianlie

A:ProgramData\Microsoft\RAC\StateData

It's stored data for the Reliability Monitor.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/169945-programdata-microsoft-rac-statedata.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have Norton 360, SpyNoMore and Microsoft Security Ess.
I have updated all definitions.
I ran this Malicious Software Removal Tool | Protect Your Computer[/URL] for the correct 64bit system I have.
Norton and MSE can't see or remove it.
SpyNoMore can and seems to remove it.
If I re-run SpyNoMore it doesn't find it but if I run it hours later, there it is again.

Here is a screen print showing you what I'm seeing.

It's causing system instability and BSOD issues.

Can you help me?

A:ProgramData\microsoft/crypto trojan help

Never install more than one antivirus on a computer. They'll fight each other, will cause your computer to freeze, make it slower, and may even render your computer more vulnerable to malware. I would get rid of Norton without hesitation and keep Microsoft Security Essentials.

To remove Norton 360, run the Norton Removal Tool.

SpyNoMore is really not recommended and even questionable. You should replace it with the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or SUPERAntiSpyware, or both. They come highly recommended on this forum.

Run a Quick Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and have it delete whatever it finds. Then, please post back the text report from the scan in your next reply.
When all done,

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programdata-microsoft-crypto-trojan-help.980514/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have Norton 360, SpyNoMore and Microsoft Security Ess.
I have updated all definitions.
I ran this Malicious Software Removal Tool | Protect Your Computer for the correct 64bit system I have.
Norton and MSE can't see or remove it.
SpyNoMore can and seems to remove it.
If I re-run SpyNoMore it doesn't find it but if I run it hours later, there it is again.

Here is a screen print showing you what I'm seeing.

It's causing system instability and BSOD issues.

Can you help me?

A:ProgramData\microsoft/crypto trojan help

Hello, Welcome to TSF.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt

Save both reports to your desktop.

Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/programdata-microsoft-crypto-trojan-help-550343.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey guys,
Not to long ago all of the sudden (i havent noticed when it happend as i mainly use desktop icons) the programs have disapeared totally from the "All Programs". Most of the oem ones are there and i saw the thread to restore those, no biggy there, but the programs that i installed are gone now too, like Office, flight sim x, wow, quickbooks, etc. is there a way i can restore or retrieve those without reinstalling? i dont really want to go and copy shortcuts manually. the Programdata\microsoft\windows\ does not contain Start Menu... ????

A:Programdata\Microsoft\windows no start menu

Hi Boosted,

Have you tried doing a System Restore?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/176480-programdata-microsoft-windows-no-start-menu.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Product Information core i th generation notebookProduct Name Hp Notebook PCModel Number r tu nbsp After installing windows Network issue Hosted Hosted Network Microsoft or Virtual Ada... my microsoft hosted network virtual adapter driver is not showing in device manager nbsp nbsp nbsp in command prompt Hosted Hosted Network issue or Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Ada... Network Supported No nbsp nbsp nbsp i'm try my best to solve this issue with help of article on different place but they nbsp could not solve my Hosted Network issue or Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Ada... problem some people says to enable microsoft virtual adapter or upadate wifi dirvers firstly disable then refresh and finally enable wifi adatper but all tricks are useless for me nbsp nbsp i'm try to install letest drivers by Hp Support Assisstant and aslo manually but problem still exist nbsp this issue comes only in windows in my notebook few days latter i'm thought nbsp it could be my laptop hardware fault but in my friends laptop same issue exist and he has same notebook nbsp as i have nbsp if you may familar with this problem and have any working solution then feel free help me nbsp Thanks for your support

A:Hosted Network issue or Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Ada...

Hi @zubair94, Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with Microsoft hosted network. I will be glad to help you. I found a youtube.com video that may help.The hosted network couldn't be started If this does not work, I suggest you try to contact Microsoft Please keep me informed of how things went.If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as Accept as SolutionTo simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Hosted-Network-issue-or-Microsoft-Hosted-Network-Virtual/td-p/5477178
Relevancy 61.06%

ProgramData Microsoft Crypto - safe to delete files?
ProgramData Microsoft Crypto ... RSA, Machine Keys, 2GB of files, can some of those files be safely deleted?

A:ProgramData Microsoft Crypto - safe to delete files?

If this is what you're concerned about:

Microsoft Windows vulnerable to 'FREAK' encryption flaw too

Use this:

https://freakattack.com/clienttest.html

Other than that - why do you want to delete them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/363386-programdata-microsoft-crypto-safe-delete-files.html
Relevancy 61.06%

ProgramData Microsoft Crypto - safe to delete files?ProgramData Microsoft Crypto ... RSA, Machine Keys, 2GB of files, can some of those files be safely deleted?

A:ProgramData Microsoft Crypto - safe to delete files?

These are Microsoft folders and files used for encryption on your Windows system, I suggest you to leave them there otherwise you'll most likely "break" a few of your programs features. They are also included in a standard Windows installation so they are meant to be there and used.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/what-does-machinekeys-folder-contain/272e2e30-3161-40cd-96ae-ed6b71c8ffc0Edit: Found a thread with this question on BleepingComputerhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536613/windows-crypto-folder/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569288/programdata-microsoft-crypto-safe-to-delete-files/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I am new to this site as you can see I came across it while desperately trying to Google how to fix the problem with my computer I first noticed the problem with my computer when I saw quot alqbmhvcgl in C:/ProgramData/dsquery32.exe Malware/Trojan located tmp quot on my desktop and everytime I tried to delete it it would just come back again I attempted a system restore but it did not fix the problem Malware/Trojan located in C:/ProgramData/dsquery32.exe but since it was not much of a hinderance I shrugged it off From then on my page would get redirected when searching on Google but again I ignored it I have Avira Antivirus and as of tonight I was getting alert after alert for malware detection at the location C ProgramData dsquery exe I restarted my computer as I monitored the process in Task Manager and the memory usage was skyrocketing so for now the problem has stopped but I would to be rid of the infection once and for all I would greatly appreciate your help Here are the logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Sisco at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated SP AntiVir Desktop Enabled Updated Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows SysWOW svchost exe -k Akamai C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe c Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system taskhost exe c Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Windows jZip Toolbar Datamngr datamngrUI exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar Preserve uStart Page hxxp www aol com mURLSearchHooks uTorrentBar Toolbar - C Program Files x uTorrentBar tbuTo dll mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO - C Windows SysWow api-ms-win-core-localregistry-l - - dll BHO e - C ProgramData api-ms-win-core-localregistry-l - - dll BHO e - C ProgramData api-ms-win-core-localregistry-l - - dll BHO - C Windows SysWow api-ms-win-core-localregistry-l - - dll BHO e - C ProgramData api-ms-win-core-localregistry-l - - dll BHO e - C ProgramData api-ms-win-core-l... Read more

A:Malware/Trojan located in C:/ProgramData/dsquery32.exe

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/401813/malwaretrojan-located-in-cprogramdatadsquery32exe/
Relevancy 59.34%

Dear All On several occasions my Windows Enterprise SP Bits generates following message error or quite similar one The network location quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools not accessible quot Below all known occasions when the problem occurs - Uninstall Oracle C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start not Menu\Programs\Administrative accessible Tools JRE - Uninst Microsoft Lync - Open Administrative Tools from Control Panel - Log file of some Microsoft Update Sept ' Administrative Tools is also enabled to be shown in Start Menu However the Start Menu position called Administrative Tools is empty means just quot empty quot item list shown on hovering mouse cursor to Start Menu gt Administrative Tools Sysinternals Process Monitor shows few suspicious operations quot Time of Day quot quot Process Name quot quot PID quot quot Operation quot quot Path quot quot Result quot quot Detail quot quot quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools not accessible quot Desired Access Generic Read C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools not accessible Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Generic Read Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Generic Read Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Generic Read Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Generic Read Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot desktop ini quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Generic Read Dis Options Sequential Access Synchronous IO Non-Alert Non-Directory File Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot quot quot NAME INVALID quot quot Desired Access Read Data List Directory Read Attributes Synchronize Dis Options Synchronous IO Non-Alert Attributes n a ShareMode Read Write Delete AllocationSize n a quot quot quot quot explorer exe quot quot quot quot CreateFile quot quot C Windows quot quot C ProgramData Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Administrative Tools quot quot quot quot NAME INVAL... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4b79e3d4-c35d-4ff2-aa0e-b54bf53596ef/cprogramdatamicrosoftwindowsstart-menuprogramsadministrative-tools-not-accessible?forum=w7itproui
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I've already posted a thread about this and was told to post the logs from DDS so I'm posting them now The second application said quot bit systems only quot so I didn't run that one since I'm using a bit system hope I understood it correctly I got a bunch malware) by caused Virus/malware/network issues(possibly of viruses and malicious applications and problems like unable to connect to the internet Though local Virus/malware/network issues(possibly caused by malware) network and web browsers work but Applications Virus/malware/network issues(possibly caused by malware) like Origin don't Which could be caused by some Malware DDS Ver - Virus/malware/network issues(possibly caused by malware) - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by pc at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV avast Antivirus Disabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Disabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x ASUS AXSP atkexComSvc exe C Program Files x ASUS AsSysCtrlService AsSysCtrlService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files x Dicter DicterService exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield HssWPR hsssrv exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin hsswd exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files x HTC Internet Pass-Through PassThruSvr exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Macrium Reflect ReflectService exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe C Program Files Logitech Gaming Software LWEMon exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe C Program Files x Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared files brs exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files x lg fwupdate fwupdate exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files Logitech SetPointG SetPointII exe C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files x Dicter Dicter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files x Hotspot Shield bin openvpntray exe C Windows SysWOW Macro... Read more

A:Virus/malware/network issues(possibly caused by malware)

Hello, and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-malware-network-issues-possibly-caused-by-malware-681862.html
Relevancy 57.62%

i have windows 7 and i installed virtual box (ubuntu) to do this.

i want to have two linux gateways and those two machines should either have the same NAT or public routable ip address.
basically i want to install openswan and configure the ipsec. in order to do this i need two linux gateways.

can anyone guide me how to setup two linux gateways to do this??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/configuring-network-to-network-hosst-to-host-network.1045773/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I m running XP Service Pack I installed a wireless card---it installed flawlessly---device manger says it s working properly Next I tried to setup a wireless network I got an error message at the end---see microsoft knowledge base I go to the web page and it has a fix to install I download it and install it I run the wifi wizard again It says The wizard completed successfully Your wireless network is now ready to use You have Wireless Microsoft Network successfully set up the following devices Microsoft XP this computer I immediately get a pop-up balloon saying wireless netwprk connection not connected Next to this network icon in the system tray I have a black X over an icon can t see what it is under the big X Putting the cursor over it it says ieee wlan not exist What have I done wrong Why isn t it working I ve run the wizard using the default settings and also manual---naming the network choosing my own password etc I know the router works since I have a laptop that automatically connects to it I do have the computer plugged in with an ethernet connection but I don t see how this would make a difference as setting up a wireless network should just give me the choice which network connection I want to use Any and all Microsoft Wireless Network responses will be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

in XP explorer, press Network, then Microsoft Windows Network and you get the workgroups
eg: Sales [3 computers] Research [2 computers] Boss [2 computers]

But when you press Network in Win 7 there is no display of the workgroups , just a bunch of computers.

Is there a way to change Win 7 to the XP functionality? Or A 3rd party program to do this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/400690-microsoft-windows-network-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

after i restart my computer i get this message.......the following error occured while loading protocol number 0.error 59. a network error had occured.

this just started today, and i can not connect to the internet, does any one have any advice so i can fix this error?

thanks in advance Don

A:microsoft network error

Since there can be several causes, can you supply more information about your network. How many network cards, how are you connecting to the Internet (router, ICS), how are you getting the IP address assigned.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-network-error.360185/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have 4 PCs networked using the MS Windows Network. I have one bad actor PC call it "PatrickSilver". When I try to access folder from another PC, I get
\\PatrickSilver\My Documents is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Access is denied

I am the system admin for my home network ... I can access all other PCs from PatrickSilver ... I just can't grant access to the files on "PatrickSilver" ... My main PC is running XP Professional ... PatrickSilver is running Win 2000 professional

Of course, I can see the PatrickSilver is on the network ... just can't get access.

Help!!!

Of course, I have set up all 4 PCs ... so I thought the same way ... I'm stumped

Jerry

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi - I m having the same problem as carioca Posted Apr and rmz posted Mar I ran HJT but I get a different log output than they did so I don't want to risk messing anything up by doing the exact Network Microsoft Information same thing they did Can you please help me out Here is my HJT log below Thanks Microsoft Network Information Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWSSystem smss exeC WINDOWSsystem winlogon exeC WINDOWSsystem services exeC WINDOWSsystem lsass exeC WINDOWSsystem svchost exeC WINDOWSSystem svchost exeC WINDOWSsystem spoolsv exeC Program FilesAheadInCDInCDsrv exeC Program FilesNetwork AssociatesCommon FrameworkFrameworkService exeC Program FilesNetwork AssociatesVirusScanmcshield exeC Program FilesNetwork AssociatesVirusScan stskmgr exeC WINDOWSSystem WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWSSystem cmwltry exeC WINDOWSsystem wscntfy exeC WINDOWSExplorer EXEC WINDOWSSystem hkcmd exeC Program FilesCommon FilesRealUpdate OBevntsvc exeC Program FilesAheadInCDInCD exeC Program FilesQuickTimeqttask exeC Program FilesiTunesiTunesHelper exeC WINDOWSstisvsq exeC WINDOWSsvshost exeC Program FilesiPod iniPodService exeC WINDOWSmsqdevl exeC WINDOWSlssas exeC WINDOWSmservice exeC Program FilesNetwork AssociatesVirusScanSHSTAT EXEC Program FilesNetwork AssociatesCommon FrameworkUpdaterUI exeC WINDOWSsystem ctfmon exeC WINDOWSiau exeC Program FilesSpybot - Search amp DestroyTeaTimer exeC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FileseFax Messenger Plus J GDllCmd exeC Program FilesGroove NetworksGrooveBinGroove exeC Program FilesInterVideoCommonBinWinCinemaMgr exeC Program FilespalmOneHOTSYNC EXEC WINDOWSsystem wuauclt exeC Program FilesMozilla Firefox irefox exeC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXEC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXED mp mpHijackThis exeC Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE EXER - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings ProxyServer http http O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program FilesAdobeAcrobat ReaderActiveXAcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program FilesGroove NetworksGrooveBinGrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWSSystem igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWSSystem hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run TkBellExe C Program FilesCommon FilesRealUpdate OBevntsvc exe -osbootO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWSsystem NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run InCD C Program FilesAheadInCDInCD exeO - HKLM Run removecpl RemoveCpl exeO - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program FilesWinamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program FilesQuickTimeqttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program FilesiTunesiTunesHelper exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Internet Acceleration Utility iau exeO - HKLM Run Internet Connection Wizard stisvsq exeO - HKLM Run Games Acceleration svshost exeO - HKLM Run Internet Mail and News msqdevl exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Management Console lssas exeO - HKLM Run Multimedia extensions mservice exeO - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program FilesNetwork AssociatesVirusScanSHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONEO - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program FilesNetwork AssociatesCommon FrameworkUpdaterUI exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWSsystem ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run Microsoft Internet Acceleration Utility iau exeO - HKCU Run Internet Connection Wizard stisvsq exeO - HKCU Run Games Accele... Read more

A:Microsoft Network Information

Please run two online virus scans:http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspxhttp://www.kaspersky.com/service?chapter=161739400#betatestThen let us know if its working better and what the scans found.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18482/microsoft-network-information/
Relevancy 56.33%

I get this annoying Information pop-ups Network Microsoft pop-up on they refer to webforuser com On all other pages I want to open in exporer I get a error Microsoft Network Information pop-ups Please take a look at my HJTlog Thanks verry much in advance TacoLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - Microsoft Network Information pop-ups - Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS System GEARSec exeC Program Files Dell OpenManage Client Iap exeC Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exeC PROGRA WINDOW WScheduler exeC WINDOWS stisvsq exeC WINDOWS svshost exeC WINDOWS msqdevl exeC WINDOWS lssas exeC WINDOWS mservice exeC WINDOWS iau exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp psc series Bin hpobrt exeC Corel Office Shared PFit PFPPOP EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exeC PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exeC WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Documents and Settings Guus Bureaublad HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www euro dell com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName KoppelingenO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dllO - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exeO - HKLM Run Advanced Tools Check C PROGRA NORTON AdvTools ADVCHK EXEO - HKLM Run Norton Ghost C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exeO - HKLM Run WScheduler C PROGRA WINDOW WScheduler exe LOGONO - HKLM Run Microsoft Internet Acceleration Utility iau exeO - HKLM Run Internet Connection Wizard stisvsq exeO - HKLM Run Games Acceleration svshost exeO - HKLM Run Internet Mail and News msqdevl exeO - HKLM Run Microsoft Management Console lssas exeO - HKLM Run Multimedia extensions mservice exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Microsoft Internet Acceleration Utility iau exeO - HKCU Run Internet Connection Wizard stisvsq exeO - HKCU Run Games Acceleration svshost exeO - HKCU Run Internet Mail and News msqdevl exeO - HKCU Run Microsoft Management Console lssas exeO - HKCU Run Multimedia extensions mservice exeO - Startup PerfectPrint LNK C Corel Office Shared PFit PFPPOP EXEO - Global Startup Digital Line Detect lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Micros... Read more

A:Microsoft Network Information pop-ups

hiPlatform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)no win xp service packs installed, no IE service packs installed!!!!are your anti virus and firewall functioning?i suggest doing an online virus scan here: Trendmicro, check AutoClean and let it remove anything it finds.reboot post a fresh log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17525/microsoft-network-information-pop-ups/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there - I'm connecting 2 desktop PCs and one tablet pc via a Wireless and ethernet capable modem Router... The 2 Desktops are wired via ethernet and the tablet is wireless (unsecured at the moment)

I'm having great trouble getting any network set up so that all 3 PCs can exchange files etc....

The router is working because I have got internet connection running to all 3 of them.

I've tried a couple of times unsuccessfully and am pulling my hair out.

Is there a step by step guide for getting this right.

Also the Tablet PC obviously has no A: drive so I cannot run a network disk on it - is there a way around this problem.

As always - any help is appreciated.

Steve

Relevancy 55.47%

My computer has recently been infected with the most frustrating virus' i have ever come across they are completely driving me up the wall every seconds i get a pop up saying 'microsoft network information' and then something like 'casino ' This then has an ok or cancel button both of which when i click on it re-directs me to this http easy-search biz page Also my homepage is set to about blank as a default and i am unable to change it These are the only pages on the internet i can look at nothing else works and it is a nightmare here is my HJT log -- HELP Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass popups network microsoft -- help! information exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS System igfxtray exeC WINDOWS System hkcmd exeC PROGRA DAP DAP EXEC WINDOWS Dit exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exeC WINDOWS stisvsq exeC WINDOWS DitExp exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC WINDOWS System RunDLL exeC WINDOWS svshost exeC WINDOWS msqdevl exeC WINDOWS lssas exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEC WINDOWS mservice exeC Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exeC WINDOWS System wuauclt exeC PROGRA SBCSEL ASSTCO MOTIVE EXEC Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mad exeC WINDOWS iau exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC DOCUME Ryan LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXER - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www e me comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http yahoo sbc com dslR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http http R - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - Hosts auto search msn comO - Hosts search msn comO - Hosts ie search msn comO - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO DAPHelper Class - CC -ACF - cac-A A -DD E - C Program Files DAP DAPBHO dllO - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- help! -- microsoft network information popups B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar DAP Bar - - FC- baf- C C-BCE BD F - C Program Files DAP DAPIEBar dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocxO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dllO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exeO - HKLM help! -- microsoft network information popups Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run DownloadAccelerator C PROGRA DAP DAP EXE STARTUPO - HKLM Run Dit Dit exeO - HKLM Run VVSN C Program Files VVSN VVSN exeO - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SY... Read more

A:help! -- microsoft network information popups

hi, welcome to the forum. Download L2mfix from one of these two locations:http://www.atribune.org/downloads/l2mfix.exehttp://www.downloads.subratam.org/l2mfix.exeSave the file to your desktop and double click l2mfix.exe. Click the Install button to extract the files and follow the prompts, then open the newly added l2mfix folder on your desktop. Double click l2mfix.bat and select option #1 for Run Find Log by typing 1 and then pressing enter. This will scan your computer and it may appear nothing is happening, then, after a minute or 2, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it into this thread.IMPORTANT: Do NOT run option #2 OR any other files in the l2mfix folder until you are asked to do so!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15329/help-microsoft-network-information-popups/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am starting a new post on setting up an Microsoft XP Home Network After reviewing and trying to implement the following TCP IP Home Networking and Microsoft an Network. up Setting XP Home File Sharing Tutorial http www homenethelp com web howto net asp I have created a mountain out of a mole hill For any novices reading this be prepared to put some time into it This is not easy or so far it hasn t been for me hrs later I have the following scenario I am still unable to network an MS XP Home network as well as view my Zone Alarm Security Suite Setting up an Microsoft XP Home Network. Here is my setup Cable Modem Router Linksystem Wireless router Vonage XP Desktop XP Laptop wireless Zone Alarm McAfee I am still not sure where I went wrong and now my Zone Setting up an Microsoft XP Home Network. Alarm Security Suite is not showing up in my lower hand task bar so in retrospect maybe I should have shut this application down prior to implementing tutorial Although after looking in the control panel it indicates that it amp s on and running Than I checked Task Manager but no sign of ZA application running My last attempt to get ZA was to try through start programs ZA No such luck Now I have two problems Ah the joy of technology but thankfully I know someone on these boards can help and in the process I can learn something new In the menatime I am going to see if sytem restore will help me and retry but this time close ZA Any and all other ideas are welcome Many thanks for your time nbsp

A:Setting up an Microsoft XP Home Network.

System restore corrected ZA and network changes I made. However I get caught up when I try to map network drive. When I enter the following from my desktop I get an an error message. \\laptop\shared "The folder you entered does not appear to be valid. Please choose another."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-an-microsoft-xp-home-network.594508/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

I have a user running win2k and office 2000. He is unable to do a file->open and access a specific network directory. Instead, the open window shows a partial listing then locks up. If the user opens the file using a my computer or explorer window it works fine. I have tried doing an office repair with no luck. Any suggestions?

-Steve

A:Microsoft Word and network shares

Is one specific application experiencing the problems or do all of the Office applications display the same behavior?

Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-word-and-network-shares.291919/
Relevancy 55.47%

i have event on log network Microsoft errors errors exactly as the following any ideas what to do Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp System Source Microsoft network errors on event log nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Service Control Manager Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PM Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category None Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Error Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp Classic User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N A Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp Angela-PC Description The McAfee Proxy Service service terminated unexpectedly nbsp It has done this time s Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID Qualifiers quot Microsoft network errors on event log quot gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Version gt lt Version gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Correlation gt nbsp nbsp lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt Angela-PC lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot param quot gt McAfee Proxy Service lt Data gt nbsp nbsp lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/abc4c0e1-a457-4f17-b3e6-cbc736ba65c5/microsoft-network-errors-on-event-log?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.47%

This old copy won't work on Windows 7 Pro.
Library - Visual studio 97
What can I do about that?

A:old copy of Microsoft Developer Network

You could install Microsoft's Virtual PC and XP Mode to install any legacy software that won't run under Windows 7.

Windows XP Mode - Install and Setup

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/187524-old-copy-microsoft-developer-network.html
Relevancy 55.47%

How do I disable the Network Password request pop-up window?

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello! I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 laptop running Vista Ultimate 64bit. During the past few days, I've been getting a message that something has caused the Microsoft Network Inspection Service to stop, and that Microsoft will notify me if a solution is available. I have never heard of this before, or seen a message about it.

Is this something I should be worried about? Thanks.

A:Microsoft Network Inspection Service

Yeah me too, on a Dell, never buy another HP. Same complaint about MNIS, same date posting, someone get on this right away. And let me know, thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-network-inspection-service.1012703/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am connected to a network domain. When I go to My network places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>Domain I can see all networked computers when I am wired in but when I connect wirelessly I cannot. I use a "Wireless access point" connected to my firewall router. I have tried disabling the wireless firewall and assigning a static IP. I am logged into the domain but the only way to can view the other computers on the network is to connect through a wired connection. I'm thinking it has to be a setting in my Wireless router but I cannot figure it out.

A:Viewing Microsoft windows network

Hi

when you connect via the wire, and via wireless is the ip address,subnet and default gateway in the same range ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viewing-microsoft-windows-network.131090/
Relevancy 55.47%

I've read through most of the threads here on fixing Microsoft network coming a the fix for Is problems? there the Is there a Microsoft fix coming for the network problems? networking issues cause by the Windows update But I don't want to start changing settings I don't understand so I just rolled back the update to get things working again - This fixed three of my five networked computers but I still have a problem I can't fix by rolling back Two of my HTPC computers are connected to my home TVs for streaming movies TV etc were having the network problem so I did a Win Reset and now I can connect to them but there are no quot folders quot to access I can see the two computers had to use my computer name password on each to get access but all I have when I try to connect by clicking on the quot computer icon quot at File Explorer gt Network is what looks like an empty folder there are no subfolders like Public Documents User etc it just opens like its an empty folder and won't let me copy anything to it So I can wait a little longer for an official MS fix - assuming one is coming Does anyone know if Microsoft intends to fix this problem

A:Is there a Microsoft fix coming for the network problems?

I ended up setting up a HomeGroup to solve the problem. And even that had problems since Windows thought I already had a HomeGroup ready to join but I didn't have its password (and it wouldn't let me start over with a new password). But I worked through that and now all my home computers are linked again.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/33935-there-microsoft-fix-coming-network-problems.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I can no longer create a hotspot since I updated to windows 10. Microsoft Hosted Network Adapter doesn't appear on Device Manager so I can't fix it using the suggestions google gives. This is stressing me out!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Microsoft-Hosted-Network-Adapter-missing-after-updating-to/td-p/432701/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello i am years old so i don't exactly have lots of experience with all this I am having a problem which i could use help with Lately i have been using the Microsoft virtual network adapter im sure heard of it I wrote a small batch file for the purpose of starting the network ill copy and paste it in at the bottom now this program worked perfectly for about a month but now i cant get a device to Microsoft network not adapter working virtual connect to the network as nothing can obtain an ip address Microsoft virtual network adapter not working What i did to troubleshoot I changed the ip settings from dhcp to static this allowed me to connect to the network but i couldn't access the internet I checked the properties of the network from the control panel and it shows that my network is sending packets but is not receiving any I tried running windows troubleshooting on the network and it tells me that the network does not have a valid ip configuration even though it is set dhcp I tried typing the following into cmd quot netsh interface ip reset quot in return i get quot C Windows system gt netsh interface ip reset Resetting Global OK Resetting Interface OK Resetting Unicast Address OK Resetting Neighbor OK Resetting Path OK Resetting Route OK Resetting failed Access is denied Resetting OK Restart the computer to complete this action quot why does it say resetting failed followed by access denied i think this is the cause of quot failed to obtain ip address problem but why then does it not allow internet connectivity through the static ip settings is there something i have missed or is something corrupt maybe I also tried going to device manager and uninstalling the network adapter from their then allowing windows to find it and re-install the driver Thank you for having the patients to read this far As i said at the beginning i would copy paste my program here so you can see exactly what im trying to do here Thanks again Code code span style color span style color BB span span style color echo nbsp span span style color BB off br color nbsp a br br br span span style color span span style color BB beginning br span span style color echo nbsp span span style color BB To nbsp Create nbsp a nbsp Hotspot nbsp with nbsp the nbsp name nbsp span span style color DD hotspot nbsp span span style color and br echo nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB a nbsp password nbsp of nbsp span span style color DD nbsp span span style color BB just nbsp press nbsp ENTER nbsp to nbsp the nbsp first nbsp two br span span style color echo nbsp nbsp nbsp span span style color BB options br span span style color echo nbsp nbsp span span style color FF br span span style color BB set nbsp span span style color span span style color BB p nbsp ssid span span style color span span style color BB Enter nbsp name nbsp span span style color for nbsp span span style color BB your nbsp network span span style color nbsp nbsp span span style color BB set nbsp ssid span span style color span span style color BB hotspot br set nbsp span span style color span span style color BB p nbsp key span span style color span span style color BB Enter nbsp password nbsp span span style color for nbsp span span style color BB network span span style color span span style color BB must nbsp be nbsp nbsp characters nbsp span span style color or nbsp span span style color BB longer span span style color nbsp nbsp span span style color BB set nbsp key span span style color span span style color BB br netsh nbsp wlan nbsp set nbsp hostednetwork nbsp mode span span style color span span style color BB allow nbsp ssid span span style color span span style color BB ssid span span style color nbsp span span style color BB key span span style color span span style color BB key span span style color br span span style color BB netsh nbsp wlan nbsp start nbsp hosted nbsp network br span span style color span span style color BB refresh br netsh nbsp wlan nbsp show nbsp hostednetwork br ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26323-microsoft-virtual-network-adapter-not-working.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a quick question about a network liscense my company is about to purchase for project 2003. The product description says 5 CALS as in clients and I was wondering if that means that at any given time 5 users can be using project. Is this true or is it the opposite being that only 5 users can install the program?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-project-2003-network-liscense.588277/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Microsoft - Broadband help network wired need Microsoft Confused Broadband Router MN- wired ethernet When I first connected it to my computer and wired and connected to my other computer all ran ok I could access the other computer and the other could access the main computer I had to disconnect when redoing the room the main computer is in and since then I have not been able to access the main Confused - need help wired Microsoft Broadband network computer from the other I can access on the network from the main computer but when I do before I can get into the files on computer a window pops up saying quot windows installer quot and that has to run before I can access the files Then when I click on a file I want to print the window pops up again and some kind of installation has to take place When I click on the quot network connections quot on the main computer the Microsoft Broadband router does not show up just the LAN connection I am totally confused Oh I have updated the software for the Router and still no luck should I just uninstall everything and start from the beginning I forgot to mention that when I try to access the Gateway connection from the computer it states that the application is not there I checked and doubled checked and no firewalls are set up that would block access bu the log report still states that the WAN connection is blocked by computer Any help will be most appreciated Annette nbsp

A:Confused - need help wired Microsoft Broadband network

I'm confused, since the router shouldn't show up in Network Connections.

FWIW, if you've installed any software for the router, I'd start by uninstalling that. For a wired Ethernet router, you need no extra software, and using the manufacturer's software normally only causes problems.

Here's some basic network debugging tips to run through once you get rid of the router installation software.

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

PING each computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. You can obtain the IP address of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG. This should work for any Windows version.

All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Neighborhood, make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/confused-need-help-wired-microsoft-broadband-network.464930/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a mixture of domain and workgroup computers on the network and wan to have them all visible in Microsfot Windows Network My Network Place Group - Machine amp Machine are on workgroupA with its not Computer Microsoft in visible Windows Network own subnet and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are on the domain and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are also on the domain however on a different subnet and it too can see each other fine If I am on Machine it only sees Machine When I am on Machine it can not see Machine or however it can see Machine The same goes for Machine can t see any other machine except Machine even though its on the domain I have a WINS server in place in Group and it WINS see all the machines as Active Registrations But when I go into My Network Places on the WINS server it only sees machines in Group which are Machine amp Machine DNS entries are setup correctly with correct hostname and IP so I m lost as to what is happening here Sorry of this sounds confusing nbsp

A:Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

My understanding is that

a given system(A) may be attached to a domain OR
unattached and accessed in a workgroup; mutually exclusive.
That says your request is not possible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-visible-in-microsoft-windows-network.181851/
Relevancy 55.04%

She can login on other stations but not her own. Other users can login on her station. I have changed her password. No help. No matter what I set it to her login fails and her account gets locked out. I have scanned for infections and with spybot. Other than doubleclick it was clean. The computer is running XP Pro with SP2.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63920/having-login-issues-on-1-station-of-microsoft-network/
Relevancy 55.04%

Just got Microsoft Multipoint, I have internet but cannot access my home network drives and other computers.
In Network and Sharing under the House icon it says that its a private network and when I click on "Private network" it opens a window that allows me to change between a home, work, or public network I click home and then a pop up comes up saying;
"The network location is now Private"
I dont get it one bit. Also theres a bench icon also but that says unidentified network and "public network" underneath.

Thanks!

A:Just upgraded to Microsoft Multipoint Cant access network

There is a trouble shooter for the multipoint server from TechNet that covers problems such as you are describing.

Troubleshooting MultiPoint Server Deployment Issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/245510-just-upgraded-microsoft-multipoint-cant-access-network.html
Relevancy 55.04%

While searching for Bluetooth connectivity, I discovered this newly installed program in Device Manager. What is this?

Google search seems to indicate it is W8 feature of unknown nature.

A:Microsoft Kernal Debug Network Driver

I have it too pappi! Apparently this is auto-installed if you have one of the NICs listed here:

Supported Ethernet NICs for Network Kernel Debugging in Windows 8

In my installation travels, I have uninstalled it without instance and I have left it installed without instance as well. Now, I still don't know exactly why its there but it is not an issue for me because it doesn't cause any problems. I'd just leave it alone.

Cheers!

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/22947-microsoft-kernal-debug-network-driver.html
Relevancy 55.04%

First of all, i tried to install ArcGIS 10 trial on my pc and it says i need to have microsoft frame network 3.5 to install it. So after a quick search on the web, i found out that version 3.5 comes as OS component in windows 7. So why dont i have it??? i have windows 7 ultimate x32. A quick check on my windows update history says that i DO have network 3.5 installed BUT when i go to installed updates the list is E-M-P-T-Y.
Here are some screenshots that explain what i am saying:
1)http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/updatesvtry.jpg/
2) http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/updates2t.jpg/

SO all i need is a way to install framework 3.5 on windows 7 so that i can install ArcGIS

thanks in advance

A:Microsoft frame network 3.5 problem on windows 7

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is integrated into the Windows 7 operating system and will not appear in Control Panel - Programs And Features.

The system requirements do say Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is required(which your computer has), so I don't know why you're having trouble installing it.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-frame-network-3-5-problem-on-windows-7.1030845/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have an HP Pavilion DV 9000 wiith windows vista and while trying to connect to an unsecured public network wirelessly it gave me this error. Can anyone be of assistance.
The picture attached is the error.

Relevancy 55.04%

I wanted to back up my data files using the supplied backup utility in Win 7 64bit. I run the program and under Backup Destination all I see is my DVD Drive and no way to change to another destination. So under Devices with Removable Storage(1) I see the drive. In my Network locations I created a Share called Backup which I created.

So what do I need to setup where Set up backup will let me select my network share "backup"?

A:Microsoft Backup to an attached NAS Drive on my Network - How to?

Hi rodneyr,

The NAS (usually has ethernet integrated) should be plugged in to the router or switch, then any computers in your network can access the NAS thru it's IP Address but not unless it only supports USB. If that's the case you may create a mapped network drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198610-microsoft-backup-attached-nas-drive-my-network-how.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Folks I am using Windows I was having problems while trying to host a wireless network off of my laptop using a program called Virtual Router I went through a variety of troubleshooting steps recommended online with no luck In the end I thought that the culprit may have been some problem with quot Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter quot a piece of hardware that only shows up in Device Manager when you click on view- gt show hidden devices The troubleshooting tips had recommended updating the driver for it I checked to see if the drivers were Adapter Hosted Virtual gone Network Microsoft is up to date Windows said they were fine so I figured that the next step would be to uninstall and reinstall quot Microsoft Hosted Virtual Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter is gone Network Adapter quot I right clicked and selected uninstall The device disappeared from my device list I searched for new hardware that needed to Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter is gone be installed with no luck I was surprised by Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter is gone this Then I noticed something listed as quot Unknown device quot at the bottom of the network adapters list I have tried to update driver software and scan for hardware changes Windows doesn't seem to know what it is and is saying that it needs me to direct it to a particular file on a disk I have no such file and searches of the internet to find it turn up nothing Does anyone know where I can find the driver Or does anyone know how I can restore quot Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter quot in my list of devices

A:Microsoft Hosted Virtual Network Adapter is gone

Just to be clear, I have already tried restarting several times throughout this whole process.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/70535-microsoft-hosted-virtual-network-adapter-gone.html
Relevancy 55.04%

i was using the inbuilt hotspot for days and one day, i found it not working
so, i checked it up and found the microsoft hosted network virtual adapter is missing, which is essential to run any hosted networks. may be i have accidentally deleted/uninstalled it
it's very crucial to  me and i want it to be rectified. i've  been checking online for any possibe solution that has gone in vain, for 2 days now.
could you please help me out soon how to reinstall/ get it back

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f393e7e4-4a2f-4aa4-9b32-32c12a9f3019/lost-microsoft-hosted-network-adapter?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 55.04%

I would like to know if there is a way you can tell if someone has a file open (in use) on the network...

I would like to open a file and change it but I cant open it because it is locked (open by someone else)... Is there a way I can see you has it at the time??

Thanks!

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a server computer running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard operating system with 4 client computers connected to the network running Windows 7 Professional operating system. All worked great yesterday. This morning, one of the client computers encountered this error:

An error occurred while reconnecting F: to \\SERVER\Data
Microsoft Windows Network: The user name could not be found. This connection has not been restored.

No updates or changes have occured between yesterday and today and the three other client computers have no similar problems. Just this one client has the error. Any suggestions on what to do?

Relevancy 55.04%

I have been been trying to figure this out for a long time now and have made no progress so I'm hoping someone can help.

I have an installer script to install a predefined set of Microsoft hotfixes on a new Windows 7 boxes.  When installing from a network mapped drive with"

"C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe" "Z:\Documents\OS_Hotfixes\Win7-2008\32bit\Windows7SP1\Windows6.1-KB2559049-x86.msu"

I get an error: Installer encountered an error: 0x80070003 The system cannot find the path specified.

If I run the same hotfix from the local machine:

"C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe" "C:\Share\HostDocuments\OS_Hotfixes\Win7-2008\32bit\Windows7SP1\Windows6.1-KB2559049-x86.msu"

The hotfix installs just fine with no unexpected errors.

All hotfixes act the same way so it's not this specific one.  I have also run sfc /scannow on the box with no success.

This is a Windows 7 SP1 32 bit host.

Any ideas?

A:Microsoft hotfix install over network fails

As I read the error, you're trying to access a Z: disk which is not connected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539121/microsoft-hotfix-install-over-network-fails/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,
I am using windowsME, after starting the computer, I have the following pop out which says "Enter your network password for Microsoft Networking". I did not enter anything but click cancel and off I am at my windows.

What is that pop out and can I get rid of it.

Thanks

A:Enter your network password for Microsoft Networking

That is a prompt to log into a Microsoft network.... If your not running a network and its a single PC at home then you want to do the following -

Check out this

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;152104

As well there is one more hting if you follow this and you still get prompts for passwords then also check in the Microsoft client to see if its set to log onto any type of domain (which I am thinking its not).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enter-your-network-password-for-microsoft-networking.423729/
Relevancy 55.04%

I noticed that I have over 850 entries in the "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys" folder.
Apparently 1 is created at each boot?
Are these files all necessary?
Can I delete them somehow?

Thanks.

A:Many entries in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys"

I have only 15 folders in Program Data Folder and its total size is 276 megs. Many of the entries can be deleted like the Win7codecs (28.3 megs) folder in my Program Data because I have long uninstalled the Program and a few others like it.

But in any case it is not very big.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210226-many-entries-c-programdata-microsoft-crypto-rsa-machinekeys.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hi all. first post here. long time lurker. hoping someone can help. we have been infected with malware on our network. we wiped computers and installed new hard drives as well as recovered critical business processes from a non infected backup. everything is starting to get back to normal. or so i think. however, today we noticed that ports had been opened on our router for Teredo for each of our client pcs. we have ipv6 disabled on all computers. and just disabled upnp on router. we also noticed strange dns entries on the dns server using ipv6 host addresses and il address of 10.1.0.31 which is not within our ip range. i have since deleted them. ive been beating my head up against a wall trying to find where it is coming from as well as limit it. any help would be much appreciated.

A:malware on network

also to note we are running windows server 2012 and windows 10 clients

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627371/malware-on-network/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

I've got this error message:

'Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter - GFI Software Firewall NDIS IM Filter Miniport
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
An object ID was not found in the file.'

When I tried to update he driver, still from the Control Panel, it said the driver was up to date.

I couldn't find either a site to download this driver or any clue to fix the issue.
I run Windows 8.1 64 bit on a Samsung laptop.

What to do?
Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/71272-microsoft-kernel-debug-network-adapter-issue.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have been getting this error while trying to start a hosted network - "The hosted network couldn't be started.
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation."

Going through forums, some of them suggested me to disable and renable the "Microsoft Virtual Network Adapter" from the device manager. Unfortunately, doing so didn't solve my problem. Then I uninstalled the driver, hoping I could reinstall it again, but to my surprise, I'm unable to find the driver to reinstall. So I'm stuck here

Kindly help me!

A:Accidentally uninstalled Microsoft virtual network adapter

Did you try a restore point?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/70599-accidentally-uninstalled-microsoft-virtual-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys,

I've recently been getting the following error message when I turn on my computer:

"Microsoft network inspection system stopped working and was closed. A problem caused the application to stop working correctly. Windows will notify you if a solution is available."

And on about four separate occasions now over the past two months, the computer has just frozen completely and then performs a crash dump where that blue screen shows up.

I definitely think there's a bug somewhere but I don't know how to get rid of it.

I ran a combofix report on the computer only because you guys directed me to do this (and other things) last time I had a virus problem and it worked then. Only thing is I have no idea what the report findings mean or what to do with it next. I've attached the report.

Thank you very much

A:Microsoft network inspection system failure error

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/419980 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419980/microsoft-network-inspection-system-failure-error/
Relevancy 54.18%

Sir,after upgrading to windows 10, i tried to create wireless router through HP wireless hotspot. it shows network connection setting has been disabled by wireless LAN. after a lot of search i came to know that Microsoft hosted network virtual adaptor  is not connected to the computer(code 45). i have updated each and every driver but that doesn't worked. i have installed every update of windows 10. i am using windows 10 64 bit build 10240 on . sir please suggest an answer to solve this problem or either provide a driver so that the problem can be solved as early as possible. i think i have to to rollback to the previous version. may be that might help.i will be very thankful to you.   

A:Microsoft hosted network virtual adaptor - this device is no...

Hello @Anil1791?, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the WiFi issue, and wanted to help! Please review the following document, as it may help to resolve the issue for you:HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10) You can also try using the Windows Update, to check for drivers that will work with Windows 10.  You can check this site as well: HP Products - Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model? If you are having trouble installing the drivers, you can use the tool at the following site: Open the Windows Update troubleshooter It is possible that drivers may not be available for your product.  If that is the case, or the drivers you found are not working, try using the solutions on this site as a workaround, and let me know how it goes: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10  If you are still having trouble, try using the Go back to an earlier build option, in your System Settings: HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10 Once you are back to your original Operating System, check to see if you are experiencing the same issue. If not, then you may consider holding off on the Windows 10 upgrade for a few weeks, until drivers can be updated. Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the thumbs up below.Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Microsoft-hosted-network-virtual-adaptor-this-device-is-not/td-p/5234998
Relevancy 54.18%

If you are having issues setting up a home network as I did with Microsoft problems IPv6 network & Teredo Tunnelling Win you might want to try this guys solution Microsoft Teredo Tunnelling & IPv6 network problems Worked a treat for me For solution click hereI spent about hours trying to get Microsoft Teredo Tunnelling to work as I did IPv but kept getting the same issue It showed it was there and active yet nothing worked I followed the instruction at that link A little involved but the problem is fixed I can now access my PC from the laptop and vice versa Just thought I would share this solution as there are countless hits on Google regarding this issue it really should not have be this hard with all the so called experts at MS and their flashy new Win Don t get me wrong I really like the operating system but it just shouldn t have such basic bugs especially when the hype for Win Pro is that it makes networking easy If this is easy I would hate to see tough And if you are a lucky one whose network set up without hassles I am just jealous but google the problem and see how many forums are full of this problem yet MS win forums it hardly raises a metion

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289827/microsoft-teredo-tunnelling-ipv6-network-problems/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all,
As usual, yesterdar I have installed the Microsoft Security Updates in 3 laptops, 2 of them with Windows 7 x64 Professional and the other one with Windows 7 x86 Ultimate.
After the updates, in all of them, I'm receiving a Network Pop Up message that don't dissapear saying something like this:
"information may be necessary for additional login" - My Windows is in Portuguese (PT) and this is a direct translation from the Portuguese message which is in a bad Portuguese!
Can anyone help me with this, please?
Thanks,
Jorge

A:Network Pop Up message after yesterday Microsoft Security Updates

please post the screenshot with the error.
when do you get it? when checking mail, when starting internet explorer? Or also at logon?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/264334-network-pop-up-message-after-yesterday-microsoft-security-updates.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hello , the title pretty much says it all.
i cant create a virtual wifi network using this command
netsh wlan start hostednetwork (the "set" command works)

the solution is to enable Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter which is missing , and yes i tried to show hidden devices
thanks in advance

A:Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is missing

Does this help? Fix The Hosted Network Couldnt be Started Error in Windows 10 - Technical Notes

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/22329-microsoft-hosted-network-virtual-adapter-missing.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Log Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Application Source nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Bonjour Service Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PM Event ID nbsp nbsp nbsp Task Category None Level nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Error Keywords nbsp nbsp nbsp Classic User nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N A Computer nbsp nbsp nbsp Angela-PC Description Task Scheduling Error m- gt NextScheduledSPRetry Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp nbsp lt Provider Name quot Bonjour Service quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt nbsp nbsp lt Level gt lt Level gt nbsp nbsp lt Task gt lt Task gt nbsp nbsp lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt nbsp nbsp lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt nbsp nbsp lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt nbsp nbsp lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt nbsp nbsp lt Computer gt Angela-PC lt Computer gt nbsp nbsp lt Security gt nbsp lt System gt nbsp lt EventData gt nbsp nbsp lt Data gt Task Scheduling Error m- amp gt NextScheduledSPRetry lt Data gt nbsp lt EventData gt lt Event gt i probably have of this bonjour Warning Microsoft for sevice log Network on event same type warning in my event logs Any idea what to do nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f5b88e36-3632-42df-9c14-1ef422b6314d/microsoft-network-warning-on-event-log-for-bonjour-sevice?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Support,
We are facing an issue in the laptop that we are not able to connect the internet in LAN.Internet is not coming to the particular laptop.We have checked and found that Microsoft Hyper-v Network Switch Default Miniport is showing as yellow color indication
The screenshot are attached for your reference.Please let me know whether we have to install the driver for the above mentioned one and also pls. provide me the link to download the same.
I also want to know how it has happened because it is a new laptop purchase 6 months ago.

Your support is highly appreciated.
Regards
Pradeep.R

A:Microsoft Hyper -V Network Switch Default Miniport

yes, that's just example since I don't know your laptop manufactured and the model
suggestion in any model should be same
let us know the update
good luck

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0e91a4dd-a25a-451a-a8ab-433af7f2cdb3/microsoft-hyper-v-network-switch-default-miniport?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.18%

The other day I went to start up my VPN Virtual AP for my Chromecast and iPad to connect to via my Windows Machine using the following commands have done this several times before and it has worked fine netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode allow ssid NETWORKNAME key PASSWORD netsh wlan start hostednetworkBut to my nasty surprise I was responded with The hosted network couldn t be started The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation Now I've Virtual Hosted Driver Adapter Network un... Microsoft looked everywhere online for a solution to my problem here The underlying issue appears to be that my Microsoft Network Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver un... Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver is missing in Device Manager when showing hidden drivers This appears to be a result of an update to my WLAN Adapter Will list spec at end Here are the following things I have tried Looked for Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver in Device Manager as a Hidden device - Not there Disabled WLAN Adapter and Enabled to refresh driversScanned for Hardware changed in DMTried rolling back WLAN Adapter to oldest version - Updated WLAN Adapter to latest version - Searched the Lenovo website for their default WLAN Adapter driver downloaded and installed - but was the same one I had as my updated versionLooked for older editions of the adapter but they either installed but didn't have the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter or weren't compatible with my machine Restarted my machine after every change made to the network adaptersUninstalled LAN Adapter and reinstalled What I've read is that some of the new WLAN Adapters have stopped including the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter in their installation package Not sure how true this is but it would explain the sudden uninstallation of it I think that's pretty much everything Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated Machine Model Lenovo - IBDWLAN Network Driver Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN Driver version

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Microsoft-Network-Hosted-Virtual-Adapter-Driver-uninstalled/td-p/3423768
Relevancy 54.18%

When creating hotspot, it shows the "hosted network supported : no". i have updated all the drivers but still the 'network adapters' does not have 'Microsoft hosted network virtual adapter' option. pls help me with it. thanks in andvance 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Microsoft-hosted-network-virtual-adapter-is-missing/td-p/5727718
Relevancy 54.18%

Since today (I have installed Plex Media Server) I got my PC to peek at 100% cpu because of microsoft network realtime inspection service.
In Security Essentials (W7) there was the option in Defender to uncheck "Enable Network Inspection System".

I can not find this option in Win10. The only option I have is to disable the Realtime protection entirely.

Does anyone know how to turn of network inspection system or any other solution to this issue.

Regards,

Momoski

I run Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview Build 10074.

A:microsoft network realtime inspection service puts cpu to 100%

Originally Posted by momoski

Since today (I have installed Plex Media Server) I got my PC to peek at 100% cpu because of microsoft network realtime inspection service.
In Security Essentials (W7) there was the option in Defender to uncheck "Enable Network Inspection System".

I can not find this option in Win10. The only option I have is to disable the Realtime protection entirely.

Does anyone know how to turn of network inspection system or any other solution to this issue.

Regards,

Momoski

I run Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview Build 10074.

I also noticed this behavior after installing Plex (running Windows 10 Pro). Turning off "Cloud-based Protection" under Windows Defender Settings seemed to greatly reduce the high CPU cost.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/9024-microsoft-network-realtime-inspection-service-puts-cpu-100-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I've tried to create an WIFI HOTSPOT but unfortunately I've found out that the microsoft hosted network virtual adapter driver is missing. I'm asking for a help to which where I can download such driver.  Laptop Specifications:ACER ASPIRE F 15 F5-573G-57CZWINDOWS 10I564BIT 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/missing-microsoft-hosted-network-virtual-adapter-how-to-install/td-p/462626
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello guys,

I dont have any idea anymore how to fix this problem, i've been looking to the microsoft answer site, and tried the microsoft fixit device, but still it couldn't be solved.
I'm afraid that there's something gone wrong with my hardware, see if you guys could help me with this.

thanx a lot!

A:Microsoft Isatap problem (code 10), no network connection, help please

I've actually seen this randomly added to machines that don't even need it to function.
Generally the solution is just to uninstall them all and reboot the machine.
If they are needed the system will automatically re-detect and load them.
If not, they are out of the way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191979-microsoft-isatap-problem-code-10-no-network-connection-help-please.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have 2 computers, one running Windows 7 and one running Windows XP (named "A31"). They are hooked up to the same router. I can ping each from the other using the command line. The workgroups are both set to MSHOME.

In Windows Explorer on the XP computer, I click on My Network Places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network and there's nothing there. Even if it isn't connecting to other computers on the network, its own computer name (A31) should be listed there, right?

I can't connect to either computer from the other to share files and I've been googling around for a while and I can't find anything to help me.

A:XP computer not visible under "Microsoft Windows Network" and workgroup

Figured it out...

Network connections - right-click on the connection
Properties>General
Make sure Client for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer sharing for Microsoft networks are checked

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616745/xp-computer-not-visible-under-microsoft-windows-network-and-workgroup/
Relevancy 54.18%

I did some preliminary research on this folder to see if there was a way to delete it or at least reduce its size. It's only taking up a little over 1 gb, and it may not be very important, but regardless of whether or not it is necessary, I would still like to know if there is a way to eliminate or reduce the size of this folder.

All I found were people saying not to mess with it because it's used with windows searching (duh?). However, I always use 3rd party search utilities. Do I still have to have this folder and does it have to be this big?

The Indexing Service has been disabled (through Control Panel > Programs and Features) for a very long time and strangely enough there isn't even a "Windows Search" listed in the services console.

So, what can you tell me about the folder?

A:"ProgramData/Microsoft/Search" Folder. Do I need it?

See if doing the following steps here helps:

How to maintain a Safe, Healthy, and Fast Web Browser | Tech Support Forum

Read number four.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/programdata-microsoft-search-folder-do-i-need-it-681466.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi all,

I had a nasty infection, cleared most of it up using the reading room. Killed spyware sheriff, which is a hell of a job!

The only problem remaining is that I cannot use the network (I'm on a cable modem) except in safe mode. Somehow my network adapter is disabled and I can't find out how.

I'm using XP Pro

Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys So my PC has been on now for approximately minutes and when it logged on and connected to my wireless network Kaspersky Internet Security starts to download it's updates Next thing I Network Kaspersky Map Malware comes through see if Kaspersky's Network Security Malware comes through Kaspersky Network Map Map pop up with infection detections when in fact these quot files quot were not on my PC last night at all I tweet to Kaspersky on Twitter and they claim that it's something I've downloaded Now me being me I'm a freak for security and will do and prevent anything from causing a security risk on my system I just won't allow it I have strict network filters set up through the Kaspersky Internet Security program so that I am alerted of anything coming in and or going out If there's something coming in or out whether it's Internet traffic or not I want to know about it so I can keep an eye on it if need be First of all the security map from Kaspersky appears and says it detected some quot MediaPlayer quot exe file in my Temporary Internet Files For a start no such file was present in my TIFs last night I have my KIS scan my system daily and nothing gets detected thus it saying my system is clean right Yet when I boot up at PM London time Kaspersky detects this MediaPlayer file So it disinfects removes it well so it claims and then as KIS is still downloading it's usual updates another things are detected downloaded to my PC quot chromebrowser exe quot and other things Here's the logs Code Detected object file was deleted C Windows chromebrowser exe C Windows chromebrowser exe not-a-virus AdWare Win Amonetize efyw Adware Detected object file was deleted C Users Kyle AppData Local Temp MediaPlayer exe C Users Kyle AppData Local Temp MediaPlayer exe UDS DangerousObject Multi Generic Unknown threat Detected object process memory was deleted c users kyle appdata local temp ir sf temp irsetup exe c users kyle appdata local temp ir sf temp irsetup exe Unknown threat Scanning reports Quote Rootkit Scan Scanning Today PM minutes seconds Full Scan Threats detected neutralized not fixed Today AM minutes seconds Today PM Advanced Disinfection Threats detected neutralized not fixed Today AM minutes seconds Today PM Rootkit Scan No threats detected Yesterday PM minutes seconds Yesterday PM Full Scan No threats detected PM hours minutes AM Rootkit Scan No threats detected PM minutes seconds PM Rootkit Scan No threats detected AM minutes seconds PM Rootkit Scan No threats detected AM minutes seconds PM Selective Scan No threats detected AM seconds Rootkit Scan No threats detected AM minutes seconds PM Rootkit Scan No threats detected PM minutes seconds PM System Watcher Quote Task started System Watcher Task started System Watcher Malicious program terminated PDM Trojan Win Generic Setup Application C Users Kyle AppData Local Temp ir sf temp irsetup exe Malicious program terminated PDM Trojan Win Generic Setup Application C Users Kyle AppData Local Temp ir sf temp irsetup exe Malicious program terminated PDM Trojan Win Generic Setup Application C Users Kyle AppData Local Temp acc exe Malicious program detected PDM Trojan Win Generic Setup Application c users kyle appdata local temp appstart exe Malicious program detected PDM Trojan Win Generic Setup Application c users kyle appdata local temp ir sf temp irsetup exe Malicious program detected PDM Trojan Win Generic Setup Application c users kyle appdata local temp ads exe Malicious program detected PDM Trojan Win Generic Setup Application c users kyle appdata local temp ir sf temp irsetup exe Malicious program detected PDM Trojan Win Generic Setup Application c users kyle downloads adobe illustrator cc -bit crack setup exe Malicious program detected PDM Trojan Win Generic Setup Application c users kyle appdata local temp acc exe Malicious program detected PDM Trojan Win Generic Setup Application c users kyle appdata local temp ir sf temp irsetup exe Task started System Watcher Task star... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/395549-malware-comes-through-kaspersky-network-map.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I unzipped a file from the Internet without verifying from viruses Needless to say it infected my computer from Vundo Snappyads IE Explorer Registry Search etc etc etc I have read numerous postings and have tried to kill the viruses but they keep propagating themselves Last Friday I saved contents of my hard drive to a network drive and all of the sudden the receptionist computer was infected by the virus Can you please I Malware was now and infected my Network on is by help me I have spent hours upon hours trying to no avail Here is my hijackthis I hope you allow me to post I have also dowloaded and ran combofix vundofix malwarebyte's antimalware and still don't know why they keep popping up Perhaps I doing things out of sequence or I was infected by Malware and now is on my Network not doing something right Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC Program Files Common Files Virtual Token vtserver exeC WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files iS Anti-Spyware SZServer exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files IBM IBM Rapid Restore Ultra rrpcsb exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG EXEC WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Creative Shared Files Module Loader DLLML exeC WINDOWS system TpShocks exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC IBMTOOLS UTILS ibmprc exeC PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp ExeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exeC Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exeC Program Files STOPzilla STOPzilla exeC Program Files IBM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpohmr exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcMurocHlpr exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Roy Desktop Spyware HiJackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO no name - F - - BF- E - BE CD F - C WINDOWS system btbigbm dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SITEguard BHO - B- F - - -F EE FCB EC - C Program Files STOPzilla SZSG dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX Acro... Read more

A:I was infected by Malware and now is on my Network

Hello

Apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.
If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.

Thanks and again sorry for the delay.

Before we can continue, please post a fresh HijackThis log back here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203758/i-was-infected-by-malware-and-now-is-on-my-network/
Relevancy 53.75%

Read the first steps and tried to run the two items. The first dds.scr did not seem to run. Attched are the results. Windows Vista system.

A:Need to check malware before Network help

Hello -

I don't think that entry johnwill is concerned about is malware in this case. It seems to belong to HP machines, used by PC Angel recovery software, or the HP recovery, when in the location shown on your HijackThis log.

Please rename DDS to a .com extension, and run it again. Use an elevated command prompt if required, (right click, run as admin)

Post the logs produced.

If still no joy....
Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your desktop.
Right click on RSIT.exe and select Run As Adminstrator to start the tool and click Continue at the disclaimer.
When the scan completes it will open a log named log.txt maximized, and a log named info.txt minimized.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of log.txt here.
Please attach info.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\rsit\info.txt

Click Upload.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/need-to-check-malware-before-network-help-381396.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a computer that the Internet works fine on other computers but every time I try virus/malware won't me on the IPS let what sure network-not to get on the Internet-my IPS redirects to an isolation page saying my computer is infected I have ran the IPS's virus scan and they didn't find anything and were no help Posting DDS log to see if you can help Thanks DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV SecureIT AntiVirus On-access scanning enabled Updated D A- - DC-B FD-DA C D FW SecureIT Firewall enabled FA A F -BB - B -A - FB F F FW SecureIT Security Firewall disabled B D D C- - A -B E - A DD IPS won't let me on the network-not sure what virus/malware FW SecureIT Security Firewall enabled D A- - DC-B FD-DA C D Running Processes C Program Files SecureIT SCMonitor SCMonitorService exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C IPS won't let me on the network-not sure what virus/malware WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Netscape Internet Service ncupdatesvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files SecureIT scmonitor SCUpdateService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C Program Files Zune ZuneLauncher exe C Program Files SecureIT SCControlPanel exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files U S Robotics ControlCenter Reminder exe svchost C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uStart Page hxxp www netins net uSearch Page hxxp www google com mStart Page about blank uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie IPS won't let me on the network-not sure what virus/malware uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO MSN helper d e - f- a- f-f c c - gacaq dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO CPub Object c ae c - - ddc-b -c afb f ae - c program files secureit PopupBlocker dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch A FB BD dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll TB D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - No File EB Real com fe fa -d c- d - fa- c f afe - c windows system Shdocvw dll uRun swg c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun Zune Launcher quot c program files zune ZuneLauncher exe quot mRun SCPopupBlocker c program files securitycoverage help and support center PopupBlocker exe mRun SCControlPanel c program files secureit SCControlPanel exe mRun RemoteControl quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd PDVDServ exe quot mRun Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXE mRun readericon c program files digital media reader readericon G exe mRun DiskeeperSystray quot c program files executive software diskeeper DkIcon exe quot dRun Power GoExpress NA StartupFolder c documents and settings owner start menu programs startup rncsys exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup instan lnk - c program files u s robotics controlcenter Reminder exe mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros off... Read more

A:IPS won't let me on the network-not sure what virus/malware

Hello and to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.-----------------------------------------------------------We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREKind regardsNet_Surfer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250175/ips-wont-let-me-on-the-network-not-sure-what-virusmalware/
Relevancy 53.75%

Here's my HJT log as requested in this thread Problem Quote The st PC runs XP Home and the nd PC runs XP Pro SP I have hard drives installed on my Malware runing network the st PC - the basic C drive and then a second gb drive primarily for media The network was running just fine until last night this morning not sure which Anyways my parents or little sister must have installed some nasty spyware adware because there were pop-ups a plenty After running SpyBot they persisted Then I installed AdAware ran that a couple times Malware runing my network and it cleaned out a bunch of files Now I can't access the files on the other PC - Shared Documents from PC error quot An error occurred while reconnecting Z to Emachine shareddocs Microsoft Windows Network Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer This connection has not been restored quot - Media drive from PC error quot Emachine y is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Logon failure the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer quot I went and checked to make sure that the drives were shared and they are I checked the Guest on the PC and the password is blank I already uninstalled AdAware and have restarted both PCs multiple times but they still do not work What do you guys suggest I try next Any help would be appreciated All firewalls are turned off TCIP is enabled I've ran a few other options and nothing seems to work I just can't access PC from PC As followed are the logs from both PCs PC Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System CTSvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C WINDOWS lsass exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system netdde exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS srvsc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C socks c exe C Program Files aim aim exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files United Devices UD EXE C Program Files United Devices ud exe C Program Files United Devices ud dir WCGrid Rosetta exe C PROGRA NORTON navw exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www emachines com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www emachines com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - A - E E- -B D- DBE - no file R - URLSearchHook UB Class - - D - -AB - A F B - C WINDOWS system wsrchc dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run A F A D- - a - C-D AC F C EB rundll exe E F B DLL D EBC C O - HKLM Run D CE C B rundll exe D CE C B D CE C B O - HKLM Run Services C socks c exe O - HKLM Run ... Read more

A:Malware runing my network

Hello and Welcome to TSF!

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of fixes as soon as they are posted.

This is for PC 1

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Please do the following:

Download & immediately run - L2MFix.exe
Click "Install" to extract the contents to a newly created folder.

Close any programs you have open since this step requires a reboot.From the l2mfix folder, double click l2mfix.bat
Select option #2 for Run Fix by typing 2 and then pressing enter ONCE.
Do NOT depress any keys on your keyboard until the tool request you to "press any key to reboot"

On the reboot notepad will open with a log. Copy/paste the contents of that log back into this thread, along with a new hijackthis log.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other files in the l2mfix folder unless you are asked to do so!

If after the reboot the log does not open double click on it in the l2mfix folder to locate log.txt.

If you receive an error - \system32\Autoexec.nt is not suitable for running MS-Dos applications, you will need to visit this website to download additional files.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Please download these additional files/programs. Do not run them untill instructed to do so.
Unless otherwise stated, they should be stored in same directory as the HiJackThis program.

CleanUp! - Install.

KillBox v2.0.0.175.exe (it's important that you get version v2.0.0.175)

rdrivRem.zip

Ewido Security SuiteInstall Ewido Security Suite
When installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck..Install background guard
Install scan via context menu

Double-click the icon on Desktop to launch Ewido
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
Then click on Start Update.
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido
When you have finished updating, EXIT Ewido.

'UNPLUG'/DISCONNECT YOUR COMPUTER FROM THE INTERNET WHEN YOU HAVE FINISHED DOWNLOADING

This webpage would not be available when you're carrying out the fix. Please save the following instructions in Notepad. I have customed my instructions on the assumption that you are using Notepad. It may lead to some confusion should you choose to do otherwise.

If there's anything that you don't understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding with the fixes. There should not be any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DON'T MISS A STEP & PERFORM EVERYTHING IN THE RIGHT ORDER.

Click Start->Run - type SERVICES.MSC & then click on the OK button Locate the service - Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (lsass)
Double-click on it to open the Properties dialog. Under the General tab, note down the name of "Service name". We shall need it later.
Stop the service by using the Stop button.
Change the Startup type to Disabled & then click on the OK button

Then start HiJackThis & go to Config>Misc.Tools...> Delete an NT service...
In the popup box that appears, type in lsass & then click on the OK button
Answer No when prompted to reboot
Repeat steps 1-4 for the following services :- srvss safe (srvss)

With HiJackThis & place a check next to these items and select "Fix checked":

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - _{8952A998-1... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-runing-my-network-79910.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys, I'm a bit stumped over this one. I'm trying to create a hotspot, but I'm getting this error:

The hosted network couldn't be started.
The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation.

I've followed numerous troubleshooting threads about the issue, and the problem seems to be that I'm missing the driver for the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter. It doesn't appear in the device manager at all (I did check hidden items).

I am able to create the hotspot in the command prompt, but get the above error when running it. I thought I had something with this thread, but unlike that user, my wireless adapter DOES support hosted networks (at least according to netsh.

I'm at a loss.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44525-microsoft-hosted-network-virtual-adapter-missing-supported-yes.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Complete article at Microsoft confirms Russian pill-pusher attack on its network The Register Quote The admission came in response to an article The Register published on Tuesday It reported that two internet addresses confirms on network its Russian pill-pusher Microsoft attack belonging to Microsoft were helping to route traffic to more than websites that belong to a fraudulent online pharmacy known as the Canadian Health amp Care Microsoft confirms Russian pill-pusher attack on its network Mall Microsoft on Wednesday said an investigation of that report confirmed the hijacking was the result of an attack on machines connected to its network One of the IPs was involved in a DDoS of Brian Krebs site Quote The attackers then told machines they controlled to access a number of non-existent pages at sites that were pointing to the Internet address my hosting provider has assigned to KrebsOnSecurity com This forced several hundred or thousand machines to direct their traffic at my site all in an attempt to prevent legitimate visitors from visiting it Pill Gang Used Microsoft s Network in Attack on KrebsOnSecurity com Krebs on Security

A:Microsoft confirms Russian pill-pusher attack on its network

thanks Corrine !

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/118198-microsoft-confirms-russian-pill-pusher-attack-its-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

How do i create an installation point to install office over the network and how do i install it to client computers?

I have visited microsoft's website and the procedures don't work!
Maybe i am doing something wrong, i don't know.

Can anyone help?

A:Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business Network installation

You have to have the right version. I can't remember which one(s) will do it, I don't think retail or oem versions will. I think they have to be volume license version. To check if your version will, put the disk in the drive, and go to a command prompt. Change to your cd drive, and type setup /a. This will start the administrative setup if it's available. You can type in the product key once, and it will enter it for each pc you install it on from that location. Works quite well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-2000-small-business-network-installation.147151/
Relevancy 53.75%

The other day I went to start up my VPN Virtual AP for my Chromecast and iPad to connect to via my Windows Machine using the following commands have done this several times before and it has worked fine netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode allow ssid NETWORKNAME key PASSWORD netsh wlan start hostednetwork But to Driver uninstalled Network Microsoft Adapter Hosted Virtual my nasty surprise I was responded with The hosted network couldn t be started The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation Now I've looked everywhere online for a Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver uninstalled solution to my problem here The underlying issue Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver uninstalled appears to be that my Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver is missing in Device Manager when showing hidden drivers This appears to be a result of an update to my WLAN Adapter Will list spec at end Here are the following things I have tried Looked for Microsoft Network Hosted Virtual Adapter Driver in Device Manager as a Hidden device - Not there Disabled WLAN Adapter and Enabled to refresh driversScanned for Hardware changed in DMTried rolling back WLAN Adapter to oldest version - Updated WLAN Adapter to latest version - Searched the Lenovo website for their default WLAN Adapter driver downloaded and installed - but was the same one I had as my updated versionLooked for older editions of the adapter but they either installed but didn't have the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter or weren't compatible with my machine Restarted my machine after every change made to the network adaptersUninstalled LAN Adapter and reinstalled What I've read is that some of the new WLAN Adapters have stopped including the Network Hosted Virtual Adapter in their installation package Not sure how true this is but it would explain the sudden uninstallation of it I think that's pretty much everything Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated Machine Model Lenovo - IBD WLAN Network Driver Realtek PCI-E Wireless LAN Driver version

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/62797-microsoft-network-hosted-virtual-adapter-driver-uninstalled.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I need a Address Book with one universal database which can be updated from anywhere on the network. I tried Addressinator but am not to impressed with the Contacts View which is not changeable. Or is there any simple and cheap way to make the Microsoft Outlook-Contacts networkable, at a reasonable cost. I dont mind spending 50-100USD but not more.
Would appreciate all comments and suggestions highly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/address-book-for-a-network-or-make-microsoft-outlook-networkable.636073/
Relevancy 53.75%

So I have an interesting issue that I cannot solve I have a Microsoft Excel file created by Issue Microsoft Network Share on Excel file Saving User A User A has full permissions to the file User A has created the document and saved it onto Issue Saving Microsoft Excel file on Network Share a network share folder User B also has Microsoft Excel and can access the network share and can access the Excel file User B also has full permissions to this file User B should be able to Read Write Execute etc with the file However when User B attempts to make changes to the Excel file and save the changes to the network share the user receives an error message Issue Saving Microsoft Excel file on Network Share reading quot Access Denied Contact your Administrator quot Initially we suspected that this was a simple permissions issue Not the case Looking further into the problem I have since copied the entire Excel file into a completely new Excel file saved the file to the Desktop and then moved the file into the network share location User B still cannot modify the file and save it I have renamed the computer to a completely different name and re-added the PC to our domain Problem still persists At this point I'm thinking perhaps the issue lies somewhere within the registry Rather than try and hunt down the problem I simply reimage a new hard drive for the user copy user files etc and add the computer to our domain The problem still persists Recently I have discovered that the problem occurs on other computers as well but only on computers with Microsoft Office Computers that still have Microsoft Office installed on them User B can open the Excel file the user can perform changes and save the changes without issue I can't understand why If I have User A login to User B's computer User A can open the Excel file and make changes without issue Several other users who also have full permissions to this file can open the file and make modifications without issue as well It's only User B that experiences a problem with this file At this point I feel like I have ruled out a registry problem unless the registry issue lies somewhere within HKCU Also it's not limited to just Excel files Word Documents and PowerPoint Presentations give the same quot Access Denied Contact your Administrator quot error message Does anyone have any idea what I could be missing here with this issue I hope I have provided enough information Thanks for any forthcoming replies

Relevancy 53.75%

New beta of Microsoft Security Essentials released with network protection.

-- Tom

A:New beta of Microsoft Security Essentials released with network protection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-beta-of-microsoft-security-essentials-released-with-network-protection.937255/
Relevancy 53.75%

Network Adapter    Publisher details

Issues found              
"Wireless Connection 2" doesn't have a valid IP configuration
"Wireless Connection 2" doesn't have a valid IP configuration    Detected         

Reset the "Wireless Connection 2" adapter    Completed         
Investigate router or broadband modem issues    Not run         

Issues found    Detection details

6         "Wireless Connection 2" doesn't have a valid IP configuration    Detected    

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a52026ac-add2-427a-b335-4566082e571d/invalid-ip-configuration-of-microsoft-hosted-virtual-network-adapter?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.75%

I am having a problem with network share

I am unable to browse network share of another computer if I signed into Microsoft account

If I sign into a local account, then I can browse another computer network share folders.

How to fix this?

Relevancy 53.32%

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36519044?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link

Not sure if this had been posted elsewhere but it is interesting that all of the command PC's are down.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617294/spam-and-malware-network-goes-offline/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone.

SAMPLE TYPE: W32/Agent.EW.gen!Eldorado

Here are the results:

DOMAINS CONTACTED:

Code:
17roco.qq.com
hi.baidu.com
ossweb-img.qq.com
pingjs.qq.com
ui.ptlogin2.qq.com
res.17roco.qq.com

IPs CONTACTED:

Code:

HOSTS CONTACTED:

Code:
MD5: cbc88cdf8bf37bb607009aeb2509ade6

SHA1: 0b6bd78a95beb0e82fd6730f40294467075054ce

SHA256: 7ae7c683e4f1e65f218dc9fd7413e1723be745f599159d76b5062e51e51c13e6

VirusTotal results: Antivirus scan for 7ae7c683e4f1e65f218dc9fd7413e1723be745f599159d76b5062e51e51c13e6 at 2015-10-17 14:57:28 UTC - VirusTotal

Download the file(password: infected): hXXp://www32.zippyshare.com/v/lKGpyUVz/file.html

https://malwaretips.com/threads/3-malware-network-analysis-17-10-2015.52299/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Looks like I ve got a malware problem Now I cant get Network address Hope someone can help me with this one Has gotten me beaten Thanks in advance Muz Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT now Malware network/internet no infection MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM SVCHOST EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PCCTLCOM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C Program Files UPHClean uphclean exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN TmPfw exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLE DESKTOP SEARCH GOOGLEDESKTOP EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd Malware infection now no network/internet exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLE UPDATER GOOGLEUPDATER EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C PROGRAM FILES KODAK KODAK SOFTWARE UPDATER PROGRAM KODAK SOFTWARE UPDATER EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C WINDOWS system utilman exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http au rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http au search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http optuszoo ninemsn com au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http au yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http au rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http au search yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http au rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http au search yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http au yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http au rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http au search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by OptusNet R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Trend Micro Antifraud Toolbar - - E- D -A DE-E DA BE - C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccIeBar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Trend Micro Antifraud Toolbar - F FD- A - -A - AB CFF AF - C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccIeBar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Wind... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-infection-now-no-network-internet.632740/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a i5 laptop with Win 7 that caught an infection from a nornally clean website. While I was trying to identify it, 3 other computers on our
Home network also got it. I'm really in trouble. Can boot all of them,but none of them can connect and no external input works. On my laptop,
I removed the hdd, reformatted iiin dos console, and malware is still there. I,m sending this on a tablet and need help, badly. I know you're
busy, but any help will be greatly appreciated. I can't afford a divorice.

A:Malware has our entire network infected!

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474756/malware-has-our-entire-network-infected/
Relevancy 53.32%

The malware seems very simple on the surface Sometimes when browsing the spreading be over might Malware/Adware network. the web there will be tabs that pop up and tell us to install some kind of video driver And often times it seems like normal Malware/Adware might be spreading over the network. ads on the page are being hijack as well a normal ad about a car will appear where ads would normally appear but would quickly be replaced with an ad about a video driver We have computers in the house running Windows Malware/Adware might be spreading over the network. and they are all infected with it We have my desktop my brother's laptop my sister's laptop and my dad's laptop I recently reinstalled Windows on mine and my brother's computer not because of the malware for other reasons The very first thing I did on both was install and open Google Chrome and as soon as I did the ads began to pop up I've run several different malware programs on mine my brother's and my sister's computers Malwarebytes Hitman Pro and a couple others and none of them have come up with anything I've also run Avast and MSE on all three still nothing My dad's laptop which still runs XP is constantly sitting in the corner of his desk always on always connected to Malware/Adware might be spreading over the network. the Internet He rarely uses but he's even said that he has the issue I keep asking him to run malware checks like I have but he keeps putting it off I'm starting to suspect that it might be spreading over the network from his computer Is that even possible Thanks in advance for any help Edit I forgot to mention that the log below comes from my brother's laptop My computer is running Windows and refuses to run DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Luke at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Internet Security Disabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Internet Security Disabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Internet Security Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Program Files x HP SimplePass TrueSuiteService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA AERTSr exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files x Microsoft BingBar BBSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared HPDrvMntSvc exe C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch HPWMISVC exe C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Auto HPAuto exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x HP SimplePass TouchControl exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WbioSvcGroup C Program Files x HP SimplePass BioMonitor exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Users Luke AppData Roaming Spotify spotify exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Users Luke AppData Roaming Spotify ... Read more

A:Malware/Adware might be spreading over the network.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===The first this I suggest you do is reset the router.How to Reset a Router Back to the Factory Default Settingshttp://www.ehow.com/how_2110924_reset-back-factory-default-settings.htmlThen, please reconfigure it back to your preferred setting.. Below is the list of default username and password, should you don't know it ;)http://www.routerpasswords.com/http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html===Reset for Linksys, Netgear, D-Link and Belkin Routershttp://www.techsupportforum.com/2763-reset-for-linksys-netgear-d-link-and-belkin-routers/How to Secure Your Wireless Routerhttp://www.ehow.com/how_2253625_secure-wireless-router.html===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538439/malwareadware-might-be-spreading-over-the-network/
Relevancy 53.32%

Problems I've been having About a week ago I downloaded Malwarebytes and removed a few problems Internet scan pop-up amp ads popping up on every website Not sure if all the problems are gone though as I had some more problems pop up after I had just used it Yesterday I used ccleaner amp yes I used to the quot registry quot feature Not exactly sure if it's been since then but my internet is not letting me connect on issues, Network still Virus/Malware my PC? to certain programs like quot Yahoo Windows Updater Steam quot but I can connect to any website and I can Network issues, Virus/Malware still on my PC? connect to a program called quot Xfire quot gaming chat program I tried a few solutions that asked me to use cmd exe to refresh my Network issues, Virus/Malware still on my PC? tcp ip this did not work I have been noticing svchost exe command line from quot k netsvcs quot has been using alot of ram and it reaches a certain limit and then Windows gives me an error saying it had to close it I will post the error once it happens again Then later something pops up and says data execution prevented something from opening and closed it Again I will have to get these error codes to post when they pop up again I use Windows Vista I do not have the CD anymore DDS File DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Pauline at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Outdated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live disabled Updated DAE- F - D - - E CFFDAA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system lsm exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Windows system dlcxcoms exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Users Pauline Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uInternet Settings ProxyServer http uInternet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt uURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO TBSB Class fcbccb - - b d-b -f d beb - c program files search toolbar tbcore dll TB AVG Security Toolbar ccc a -b ca- -b a - f dd - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll TB ADB F - AA - BCF- DF -CEA A C - No File TB AAC-C - - E... Read more

A:Network issues, Virus/Malware still on my PC?

Hello and welcome. Please follow these guidelines while we work on your PC:Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until I?ve given you the ?All clear.? Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean!
Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.
Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.
Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Download Combofix from either of the links below, and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. If you have trouble, stop and post back. Do not try to repeatedly run comboFix!
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please include the following in your next post:ComboFix log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/network-issues-virus-malware-still-on-my-pc-515438.html
Relevancy 53.32%

HI, I was wondering (I know I sound paranoid)if this is possible:

On my home network is a Windows 7 laptop and my PC running Linux, anyway my family owns the network so I don't have much control over it. But their Windows laptop is totally infected (it totally shows every sign) but I don't really care about their laptop anyway. So I was wondering is it possible that the malware in their laptop could be watching my personal data being transmitted over the network?

I run Linux myself so I know I am not infected, so I am worried about being watched. Have you guys ever seen malware that does that?

A:Can malware snoop network data

Yes, there is malware that has network sniffing capabilities to steal credentials.
Here is an example of the SDBOT: http://about-threats.trendmicro.com/Malware.aspx?language=us&name=WORM_SDBOT.UH

But even in the unlikely case that a network sniffer is installed on a PC in your home network, that doesn't automatically mean it can steal all your passwords. First of all, if you are both connected to the same LAN via a switch, the other PCs won't see your non-broadcast network traffic. Unlike hubs, switches don't forward traffic to all their ports, but only to the destination port.
Second, if you use encrypted network protocols like TLS (HTTPS), the sniffer will not see encrypted traffic, and won't be ablt to extract info like credentials from it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452283/can-malware-snoop-network-data/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I run a Compal HEL with Windows XP Service Pack I had some malware recently and used Adaware Spybot S amp D Malwarebytes Kaspersky Tool and Combofix Various trojans and rootkits were detected some were quarantined and removed and some were unable to be fixed After running Combofix I discovered that my network devices all showed an error quot code quot in the Device Manager I was eventually able to fix network & my hijacking malware Rootkit the the problem by replacing my Ndis sys file from the Windows ServicePackFiles folder I ve since run scans with MalwareBytes and Spybot S amp Rootkit & malware hijacking my network D but the malware and trojans return upon reboot and flood my browser with a multitude of fake antivirus popups I ve also been notified by my ISP that bots are being run from my network Thanks in advance for any help KaegeeDDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Kenny at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic On-access scanning disabled Outdated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEsvchost exeC WINDOWS system netdde exeC WINDOWS System igfxpers exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Compal Electronics INC Wireless Select Switch Wireless Select Switch exeC Program Files Elantech ktp exeC Program Files Compal Electronics INC Sidewalker CSWalker exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS CTHELPER EXEC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Plus Ad-Watch exeC Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exeC Program Files Creative Professional E-MU E-MU PatchMix DSP EmuPatchMixDSP exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvcC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Documents and Settings Kenny Desktop NearDevastation bleepingcomputer dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com BHO FGCatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c program files flashget jccatch dllTB Veoh Web Player Video Finder fbb -d d - f a-a e - b bfc - c program files veoh networks veohwebplayer VeohIEToolbar dllEB - a - b-a - c a a - No FileuRun SetDefaultMIDI MIDIDef exeuRun AWMON quot c program files lavasoft ad-aware se plus Ad-Watch exe quot uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot backgroundmRun igfxtray c windows system igfxtray exemRun igfxhkcmd c windows system hkcmd exemRun igfxpers c windows system igfxpers exemRun AzMixerSel c program files realtek installshield AzMixerSel exemRun AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exemRun CASS c program files compal electronics inc wireless select switch Wireless Select Switch exemRun KTPWare c program files elantech ktp exemRun Sidewalker c program files compal electronics inc sidewalker CSWalker exemRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXEmRun UpdReg c windows UpdReg EXEmRun CTHelper CTHELPER EXEmRun avgnt quot c program files antivir personaledition classic avgnt exe quot minmRun AVG Anti-Spyware quot c program files grisoft avg anti-spyware avgas exe quot minimizedmRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXEmRun IntelWireless quot c program files intel wireless bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessmRun IntelZeroConfig quot c program files intel wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot mRun CTRegRun c windows CTRegRun EXEIE amp Download All with FlashGet - c program files flashget jc all htmIE amp Download with FlashGet - c program files flashget jc link htmIE Add to Google Photos Screensa amp ver - c windows system GPhotos scr IE D E A -E C - d - D - BA E - c program files flashget FlashGet exeIE B... Read more

A:Rootkit & malware hijacking my network

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process. Please also continue to work with me until I give you the all clear. Even if your computer appears to act better, you may still be infected.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Once we start working together, please reply back within 3 days or this thread may be closed so we can help others who are waiting.We need to create an OTL report,Please download OTL from this link.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scan box paste this in:netsvcsmsconfigactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32ahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sCREATERESTOREPOINTClick the Quick Scan button.The scan should take a few minutes.Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new OTL log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logIn your reply, please post both OTL logs and the GMER log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/312880/rootkit-malware-hijacking-my-network/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys I am a network admin and have just Network Infection Virus/Malware got an infection on the network which seems to be infecting shared drives I have found some suspicious files called quot QEIOYE EXE quot and quot YEMIK quot Some of the behaviour seems the share folders that it attaches to are turned into hidden System Folders so you can t see them Network Virus/Malware Infection anymore if you go to the sharefolder location on the server however you can access the shared folders if you do it by accessing them via their Mapped Drive icon shortcuts Then inside there seems to be a lot of weird Shortcut folders and strange files in them Then if you click on one it infects the client computer you are on and all sorts of malware starts to appear The two strane files I mentioned above are located in the Shared folders I have looked on the web but there is limited info on these infections Can anyone help or suggest anything Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333713/network-virusmalware-infection/