Windows Support Forum

SOS Reset cannot fix as book, bios, mbr all corrupted standalone machine(s) corrupted by RAT. built in admin shortcuts broken & admin replaced

Q: SOS Reset cannot fix as book, bios, mbr all corrupted standalone machine(s) corrupted by RAT. built in admin shortcuts broken & admin replaced

If someone with greater technical savvy than I can help it would be appreciated If logs would help please advise which I've tried to find dislodge hijacker ru URL I feel like I'm playing chess in the dark against grand master as grim reaper Losing money time and peace with situation Windows level techs have remotely tried to fix separate cases and top tech guy at Corte Madera CA store unable to fix problem DCOM flooded with error messages by time OS completes corrupted SOS fix mbr & Reset by corrupted replaced shortcuts book, built machine(s) in admin cannot as all bios, standalone broken RAT. admin Welcome nbsp song dance Unable to fix corrupt certificates with unknown and unsigned certificate extensions Default built-in admin replaced by Defaultuser Paths changed on any owner created admin accounts which no longer have any admin privileges despite still being named as admin Attributes changed on Library files so documents saved and pusic ripped cannot be accessed Rollback option on drivers also SOS Reset cannot fix as book, bios, mbr all corrupted standalone machine(s) corrupted by RAT. built in admin shortcuts broken & admin replaced all changed immed after start up st time Disk Management loses ability SOS Reset cannot fix as book, bios, mbr all corrupted standalone machine(s) corrupted by RAT. built in admin shortcuts broken & admin replaced to format or save info on USB devices which are converted to RAW format Thrice weekly reset of system does nothing but allow brief window of usage Network settings corrupted and based on description believe DNS cache to be poisoned Tried using sysinternal accesschk but log shows for less than second amp disappears Procmgr shows huge amounts of svchost programs running simultaneously Though my guess is that both machine and network corrupted probably primary and rest result of ports left open by st so don't know where to start VM and proxy attempts circumvented by unchangeable command bypass proxy for localhost command nbsp Not just Windows purchased Mac OS x which worked great for months until shrug Windows script started getting written to Mac library Devices w every OS of Windows since XP every OS x of Mac Linux iOS Android all have permissions amp admin changed to point where I have lost access to system files nbsp Registry corrupted but nothing in regedit or tools from sysinternals can fix Cannot make myself NET USER on Windows machines since all my user accounts get changed to standard I cannot imagine a situation wherein I could possibly be more f ked Experts new machines software have cost fortune Would eat worms but can't find Sorry for length but could not figure out how to shorten SOS Excellent opportunity for someone to be hero Thnx for any conceivable solution aside Luddism

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7ed882e2-1d72-46d3-8752-d7b551e10785/sos-reset-cannot-fix-as-book-bios-mbr-all-corrupted-standalone-machines-corrupted-by-rat-built?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: SOS Reset cannot fix as book, bios, mbr all corrupted standalone machine(s) corrupted by RAT. built in admin shortcuts broken & admin replaced

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.9%

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html
Relevancy 88.35%

I admin has My is corrupted PC so Admin user now privileges name NO created an administrator account for MSConway and changed my original account pmconway to user My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges Now when I log in to MSConway I get quot The user name or password is corrupted quot At the cmd line I entered quot net users quot and saw that my Admin account is mistakenly named quot Ms Conway quot Also when I use quot net user quot for MSConway that name is not recognized nor is any variation on Ms Conway like quot Ms Conway quot quot Conway quot quot Ms quot quot Ms What can I do I really want to upgrade to Windows but I'm stuck with no Admin account Also my Windows DVD came with my refurbished HP and says quot Intended for distribution with a refurbished PC quot When I boot from that DVD I don't get an option to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows so I'm wondering if I can even do a clean install with this type of Windows DVD Can I I'd really appreciate any suggestions Thanks a lot Trish

A:My Admin user name is corrupted so now PC has NO admin privileges

See Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable about enabling the built-in admin account. Once you get it set up I would take a system image with third party software (aomei, eg) so you have a fallback.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377115-my-admin-user-name-corrupted-so-now-pc-has-no-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 108.36%

I have Vista Home Premium 32bit with SP2 and all the latest updates.

I have two accounts set up; 1 admin account and 1 standard user for daily use. Recently, the Admin account would not let me change file or folder names and many of my own folders were marked as read-only. Even taking ownership of the folders did not solve the problem. Also, programs like FireFox would not run from that account at all.

Many have suggested online that a registry cleaner removed a registry entry. I never use registry cleaners, they are a really bad idea.

I created a new admin account and everything is working fine on that account.

For future reference so that I can avoid this problem: What causes might there be for losing read/write ability and the ability to change file/folder names?

A:Admin Account Corrupted

There can be many different reasons for this, was the files concerned in an external drive?
Have you had any updates that have failed?

There are many tutorials on these symptoms here;

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/?filter[11]=File%20Folder%20Settings

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234841-admin-account-corrupted.html
Relevancy 108.36%

This morning I discovered that my admin password is no longer working I entered it correctly but am unable to run administrative tasks in my regular account I've had no problems until this morning I get an error message Logon failure unknown user name or bad password I am on a home network and not a domain In my Password HELP! Corrupted - Admin regular user account I can see the following user accounts - Me Admin account with no directories or files in it - Me regular account that I'm using - Public with directories and files - TEMP with no directories Admin Password Corrupted - HELP! or files I'm not sure when or how the TEMP user profile was created Admin Password Corrupted - HELP! But it is still there when I log off and back on to my regular account I am unable to create a new admin account from my regular account and cannot access my admin account I want to - Fix my corrupted admin password or create a new one - Delete the TEMP profile At the moment I am unable to update my anti-virus protection software until I resolve this I was hoping to avoid anything too complicated but I guess there is no way around that I stay offline most of the time anyway but will stay offline completely until I get this resolved Please help

A:Admin Password Corrupted - HELP!

The problem you have is whether the problem is the admin password or corrupt account and i suspect the latter

If it is password issue then you can go at it from different ways

*edit*

found brinks excellent tutorial for you
User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/267935-admin-password-corrupted-help.html
Relevancy 108.36%

Hello first time poster I have PCs all of which have various states of disrepair all caused admin profiles corrupted by same malware I don't know if this is virus TH hijacking or a combination I have tried MBAM pro Norton MSER CCleaner Comodo and Kaspersky amp Hitman pro-none have detected problem and corrupted admin profiles Kaspersky has been taken over by malware as it is asking for activation code though its been previously activated All issues seem to come from MSFT admin profiles ii e Trusted Installer CREATOROWNER and SYSTEM I try to open programs folders even drives and get told that I have insufficient privileges I have tried changing permissions but the stickler is Inherited permissions which is grayed out and allowed for all MSFT admins but not for my created admin profile I understand that these MSFT admin users have their functions but I can't figure out the rationale for taking over PCS and making them virtually unusable I have even triedto get Norton remote support I won't say anything about their apparent skills but the only option that they suggest is to wipe the drive amp re-install PCeSupport is even worse they charged me for an annual plan that was supposed to protect all devices in house All they do is run free software like CCleaner which I've also tried and a few other common free programs but they can't fix anything I finally shelled out each for PCs to belooked at by MSFT techs st level if techs were baffled It's no escalated to another level and though MSFT has spent about hours working remotely on of ratbleeped PCs no help System repair disks don't work If anyone has ANY suggestions I'd be extremely grateful for your help If it comes down to wiping drive I'd like to know how to keep this from happening again I've always had PCs protected amp have not downloaded any attachments ior files been to any sleazy sites I did have versions of that pain in ass Conduit toolbar amp search engine get onto my PC but got rid of it in minutes I can no longer open or access C on PC the PC this is coming from isn't that bad yet but whatever parasitical program script is on all PCs won't stop until PC is unusable Sorry about length but I wanted to make sure I included all potential cures for this issue I've tried aleady Spent more on trying to remove whatever this is than a new PC would cost I'm afraid to even buy new PC since I would need to re-install some of the current files and am afraid that new PC will be corrupted as quickly as these were Bill S MSFT

A:corrupted admin profiles

Hello Bill -We do not charge you, or even offer paid programs, unless it is a last resort -( I have 3 PCs all of which have various states of disrepair ) OK, lets start with only one computer first -You will be the one to download and run these programs, so please ask if you have questions, Download Security Check by Screen317 from HERE* Save it to your Desktop.* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Note: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.  Please download MiniToolBox, Save it to your desktop and run it.Now, close any Firefox browsers you may have open when you Reset FF Proxy SettingsCheckmark the following boxes:•Flush DNS•Report IE Proxy Settings•Reset IE Proxy Settings•Report FF Proxy Settings•Reset FF Proxy Settings•List content of Hosts•List IP configuration•List last 10 Event Viewer log•List Installed Programs•List Users, Partitions and Memory size.•List Minidump Files Click Go and copy / paste the result (Result.txt).  Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.*Close all open programs and internet browsers.*Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.*Click on Delete.*Confirm each time with Ok.* NOTE :Your computer will be rebooted automatically.* A log file will open on your desktop after the restart.*Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.*You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.  Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/* Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.* A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.* If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.* Do not reboot until instructed.* If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop. Please copy / paste all those logs back here and we can then continue - Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/503870/corrupted-admin-profiles/
Relevancy 105.78%

Hi install IE11 account Admin corrupted after I'm on win sp x I installed IE and when I rebooted I've seen the Admin account corrupted after install IE11 following - the classic screen quot wait for installing upgrades quot in italian I'm not sure about the original messages but you get it - the message quot impossible to install upgrades quot - autoreboot - finally reach the desktop but it's a clean desktop of a temp account with the message quot You have been logged on with a temporary profile quot What I have done - from the temp account I created a new admin account called quot admin quot the old one is called quot admin quot and quot admin-PC quot is the hostname - In HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList I renamed my old account entry S- - - - - - - bak to S- - - - - - - old I rebooted but I still can't log in with the old account quot admin quot This is the state of the register now https postimg org image jplor c In C Users admin I still can see my files but in nbsp C Users it has been created a new directory quot admin admin-PC quot Do you think I safely remove that SID old and edit the nbsp ProfileImagePath to points to nbsp C Users admin again

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5231f3cf-ea55-48da-8eec-14363240f818/admin-account-corrupted-after-install-ie11?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 105.78%

Okay guys this actually happened a while back and I never got round to fixing it, but basically when I turn my PC I see my guest account and what used to be my admin account, it used to be called Curt and now is saying Other user and I actually have to type the name and password in and it says that it is incorrect. It's also running very slowly so it takes a while for normal actions. Help is hugely appreciated, thank you.

A:Admin account corrupted, can't access it or any of its files.

Quote: Originally Posted by curtfh

...I actually have to type the name and password in and it says that it is incorrect....

I would use the tool mentioned in option 5 of this tutorial to remove the password:
User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390781-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-any-its-files.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Detailed Explanation A few days ago I started my computer and was taken directly to the Windows repair screen because my computer was apparently unable to start After running the repair tool for a few minutes Windows told me it had no solution so I simply restarted the computer After that it started fine and I 7 (No account? available.) Fixing Windows corrupted backup admin my thought everything was solved But yesterday after I Fixing my corrupted Windows 7 admin account? (No backup available.) logged in successfully Fixing my corrupted Windows 7 admin account? (No backup available.) my mouse and keyboard suddenly stopped responding I used the power button to manually restart my computer I tried to log in again but I got the quot User Profile Service failed quot error message Now every time I attempt to log in I get the quot User Profile Service failed quot message immediately after entering my password I logged in to the standard Guest profile and attempted to edit the registry according to the first method found here but admin privileges are required to edit the registry and every time I type my admin password into the administrator privileges prompt nothing happens it accepts the password but then does nothing So it appears I cannot use my admin password to gain admin privileges Next I booted in Safe Mode and attempted to log in to my admin account It actually allowed me to log in using the admin password but whenever I tried to click anything such as quot Create an account quot nothing happened So it appears I can log Fixing my corrupted Windows 7 admin account? (No backup available.) in to the admin account with Safe Mode but I can't do much else on that account I'm currently downloading Hiren's BootCD because this discussion leads me to believe it might be able to copy files from my admin profile to a new profile without prompting me for admin privileges Another problem is that I've gotten lazy so I haven't backed up files or programs in months so I need to create a new admin account and somehow copy over all of my files and programs without accidentally losing them I have a terabyte hard drive that's over half full of games and important documents so I can NOT lose the data stored in my corrupted account Summary I can't log in to my only admin account because it's corrupted I can access it in Safe Mode but I can't do anything in Safe Mode e g when I click quot Create an account quot nothing happens I can't edit the registry from the Guest profile or do anything requiring admin privileges because the admin password doesn't seem to work None of my files or programs are backed up I need a method by which I can either repair my current admin account or create a new admin account and copy over all of my files and programs System Information Windows Home Premium -bit avast Free Antivirus Is it likely the free version of avast let a virus slip by and corrupt my account I've never had any problems with avast in the past I've been running my home-built PC for almost two years now with no major problems It's pretty quiet for the most part but I may have noticed some slightly louder whirring and clicking while booting up since these problems began Then again I could just be imagining it I filled out the exact specs when I created my forum account in case someone thinks the profile corruption could be caused by a hardware problem When I have time I'll pop the case open and see if I notice any obvious internal damage

A:Fixing my corrupted Windows 7 admin account? (No backup available.)

Hello Jake, and welcome to Seven Forums.

While logged in to the built-in Administrator account, the tutorial below may be able to help with the user profile error for your account.

User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344446-fixing-my-corrupted-windows-7-admin-account-no-backup-available.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I've been using Win x for about - months on this system with no problems logging in to my account I absolutely know with certainty what my account password is and how to type it My password ALL password CAPS Admin acct corrupted--switched to is a certain word all lowercase It was definitely originally set with CAPS LOCK off and I almost never have CAPS LOCK enabled No one but me has access to this PC While browsing the web tonight I started to get some odd mouse and or keyboard behavior My mouse scroll wheel stopped working and when I moved the mouse around it would select text even when I wasn't holding a button down Also clicking on apps in the taskbar was doing odd things like opening new windows instead of just switching to the active application Since I could tell Admin acct password corrupted--switched to ALL CAPS something was acting flaky I tried a system reboot Admin acct password corrupted--switched to ALL CAPS Only to find that Win was telling me my account password was invalid I verified that CAPS LOCK was NOT on But I could still Admin acct password corrupted--switched to ALL CAPS not log in with my password I tried another reboot with the same result After many failed attempts I was able to log in but only after settting CAPS LOCK to ON Even though my password was orignally set with certainty and confidence as all lower case with CAPS LOCK OFF I have never used CAPS LOCK ON to log in to this account How would Windows switch my password to be in all caps readable only with CAPS LOCK on This makes no sense Keyboard functions normally in apps like notepad this forum etc It's a generic USB keyboard No malware or viruses came up on a scan Thanks for any input

A:Admin acct password corrupted--switched to ALL CAPS

Hi Zathras

Have you tried changing your keyboard to isolate that it is not the keyboard that is at fault?

Hope this helps and regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/86550-admin-acct-password-corrupted-switched-all-caps.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi I'm on win sp x I installed IE and when I rebooted I've seen the following - the classic screen quot wait for installing upgrades quot in italian I'm not sure about the original messages but you get it - the message quot impossible to install upgrades quot - autoreboot - finally reach the desktop but it's corrupted [solved] install Admin after IE11 account a clean desktop of a temp account [solved] Admin account corrupted after install IE11 with the message quot You have been logged on with a temporary profile quot What I have done - from the temp account I created a new admin account called quot admin quot the old one is called quot admin quot and quot admin-PC quot is the hostname - In HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion ProfileList I renamed my old account entry S- - - - - - - bak to S- - - - - - - old I rebooted but I still can't log in with the old account quot admin quot This is the state of the register now https postimg org image [solved] Admin account corrupted after install IE11 jplor c In C Users admin I still can see my files but in nbsp C Users it has been created a new directory quot admin admin-PC quot Do you think I safely remove that SID old and edit the nbsp ProfileImagePath to points to nbsp C Users admin again

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5231f3cf-ea55-48da-8eec-14363240f818/solved-admin-account-corrupted-after-install-ie11?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 102.77%

Using Win 8.1

First off, the account I'am signed on with is listed as admin type account. It's the one I had to enter my windows account email.
Since installing the new MalwareBytes 2.0 program (which went in without any problem) it put an shortcut icon on desktop. I tried too move the icon from desktop to another folder and it said I needed admin rights to do this. Usually once I click on continue it gives me access and proceeds to carry out the command.
So I followed the tutorial to build hidden admin account. I type in: net user administrator /active:yes, it completed. I signed on to the admin account and tried the same operation and it still asked for admin rights.
What am I doing wrong?

UpDate: MalwareBytes 2.0 has a self protection ability that needs to not be enabled, otherwise everything associated with the Program including program icons located anywhere cannot be moved.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/43247-i-needed-admin-rights-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 101.48%

Hi Yet again Windows is frustratingly taking up all of my time and I have tried everything google has to offer to try and fix it but it seems like no one has screwed up as much reset admin | | can't admin | Lost 5 No password error rights System as I have on whatever forum Let me explain the problem I'm trying to set my account to administrator because I can't install programs change account settings make any changes through CMD without getting the system error access denied message and I can't set the administrator account through CMD either I also don't have the permission to change anything in regedit and I can't even reset my pc because it requires an administrator password System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset which I don't have is not quot nothing quot nor is it administrator or admin or password and I can't change it through cmd either I can't even access the administrator account because it is disabled and even with an elevated System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset cmd I can't activate the quot hidden quot administrator account System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset I've ran malwarebytes and superantispyware and I am now looking for the Gandalf of all Geeks to help me solve this problem I'd immensely appreciate it

A:System error 5 | No admin rights | Lost admin password | can't reset

Hi. When a computer is first setup, the account created is an administrative one. What happened to this account?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/37732-system-error-5-no-admin-rights-lost-admin-password-cant-reset.html
Relevancy 101.05%

The firm in which I work has a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 installed. There are two user profiles on the computer, the admin and another normal account without administration rights. We have only the password of the account without administrator rights.

The network administrator had left the company surprisingly in without giving the administrator password of the PC and we cannot contact him anymore.

Now we want to install another programme and we cannot do this without an administrator account.

I disabled secure boot and have tried to boot the PC with an Linux USB Stick, but it do not boot from the stick.

Any suggestion how I either can reset the password of the administrator account or create an new account with administrator rights.

A:Windows 10 admin password reset or new account with admin rights

Although there may be techniques to recover a lost password it is forum policy that we do not discuss these here - your best bet would be to visit a local security specialist and get them to recover/reset it for you - and a change to the policy for the replacement admin may be a good idea, I always wrote a list of all passwords and stored it with the Managing Director and also in a fireproof safe

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/38274-windows-10-admin-password-reset-new-account-admin-rights.html
Relevancy 99.76%

My error code is 65104384 pls help

A:Cannot reset Admin BIOS password

@k6rl? Enter   70862900 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Cannot-reset-Admin-BIOS-password/td-p/5685274
Relevancy 99.76%

Hello, I'm needing a BIOS reset password.  The current halt code is 5C533F4A. I have tried https://bios-pw.org/ and the results do not work. Thank you.-Timothy

Solved!

View Solution.

A:BIOS Admin Password Reset

Hi, Your notebook is producing a hexadecimal halt code which is stored in ram as a 'one off' and will be re-calculated after a reboot.  This indicates you have one of the later AMI bios's and unfortunately none of the current code generators will work for this - surprisingly, you can still remove a power on password from the machine by removing the rtc cell ( leave the power board connected ) then hold down the power button for 60 seconds before re-inserting the rtc. The bad news is that the rtc is on the 'wrong' side of the system board so will require quite a lot of disassembly - see Page 115 of your Maintenance & Service Guide. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/BIOS-Admin-Password-Reset/td-p/5574154
Relevancy 99.76%

I am in sales. I have a new Dell d610 Latitude Laptop. I need to reset some of the stuff in the BIOS for wireless, etc and the IT guys at my company seem to have mislogged or fogotten the admin pw for BIOS. Anyway they have given me five alrady and non of them work. They say I will have to ship the unit in to Chicago and they will fix it. That will take a WEEK that I do not have. How can I reset the password? The settings in the BIOS I need to change are locked and the message says the setup is locked-enter the admin pw into SECURITY UNLOCK SETUP to enable changes. Any advice is welcomed!

A:How to reset the BIOS admin password

This subject was briefly mentioned HERE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-reset-the-bios-admin-password.48537/
Relevancy 99.76%

I have an HP G71-340US and I can't remember the BIOS pwd. The disable code is: 62891546. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Reset BIOS Admin Password

Hi: Enter this unlock passcode... 73799588

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Reset-BIOS-Admin-Password/td-p/5708085
Relevancy 99.76%

my dell  inspiron  N1440 bios admin password forget, please help me to reset my password

A:to reset bios admin password

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Are you talking about the BIOS password or the Operating system password.
If its BIOS password we would suggest you contact Delltechcenter on facebook or @Dellcarespro on twitter or you can call tech support .Also have the proof of purchase for the system .
If it is the Operating system password you can reinstall operating system .
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984529
Relevancy 99.76%

Hello, I need to reset password BIOS of my notebook Hp Elitebook 8470p.I 've read all about post ,I tried the step by step: Press [F10] Bios Setup | [Enter] x 3 |  On-screen keyboard displays | [Enter] | "System Locked press the power to restart the system" displays.  Can you help me to reset password ? Thanks and regards,

A:Reset admin BIOS password

@nguyenzung? Contact HP and they should be able to send you a customized SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password.  http://welcome.hp.com/country/w1/en/contact_us.html When talking to the HP rep ask them to escalate your service request. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Reset-admin-BIOS-password/td-p/5730715
Relevancy 98.9%

We have two XPS12 9Q33 units that have the BIOS Admin password set, but no one left in the department knows the password. We've tried all the normal variants to no avail.
Yesterday I spoke with out of warranty support, and the gentleman was unable to help as from his documentation this computer has a Phoenix BIOS, while in reality all the units we have are AMI BIOS. We have 12 of these units, but only these two have the admin password set.
Does anyone know of a way to reset the BIOS ADMIN password? Not the system password, we have that, it's specifically the ADMIN password. Support yesterday was very frustrating in trying to get them to simply listen to what our problem was so I gave up on that and came here.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989530
Relevancy 97.61%

I got a ProBook b but the admin reset ProBook 6570b password BIOS BIOS admin password is lost nbsp I need assistance to reset the BIOS Admin password nbsp The details extracted using the BIOS Configuration Utility is ProBook 6570b BIOS admin password reset shown below nbsp BIOSConfig Originally created by BIOS Configuration Utility Version Date ProBook 6570b BIOS admin password reset Time UTC Found settings ManufacturerHewlett-PackardProduct NameHP ProBook bSystem Board ID ABUniversally Unique Identifier UUID EE AE AAE C Processor TypeIntel R Core TM i - M CPUSKU NumberB C PA ABGWarranty Start Date Processor Speed GHzSunday DisableEnableMonday DisableEnableTuesday DisableEnableWednesday DisableEnableThursday DisableEnableFriday DisableEnableSaturday DisableEnableBIOS Power-On Time hh mm PCID VersionA System Configuration IDA D Define Custom URLTotal Memory Size MBMemory Slot InformationBottom-Slot under E MB MHzMemory Slot InformationBottom-Slot top E MB MHzCustom Boot PathBIOS Date System BIOS Version ICE Ver F Serial Number CB TWVideo BIOS RevisionATI Keyboard Controller Version Ownership TagAsset Tracking NumberPrimary Battery Serial Number Serial portDisable EnableSecondary Battery Serial NumberNo Battery PresentParallel portDisable EnableFlash media readerDisable EnableUSB PortDisable Enable PortDisable EnableExpress Card SlotDisable EnableWWAN FCC IDNo Device PresentWLAN FCC IDPD ANHUBluetooth FCC IDQDS-BRCM Product Family C AN G N L BUS B HP S PROSystem Board CTPCSTNA V Q CeSATA PortDisable EnableGPS FCC IDNo Device PresentMS Digital Marker MicroCode Revision Language EnglishFrancaisDeutschEspanolItalianoDanskNederlandsSuomiJapaneseNorskPortuguesSvenskaSimplified ChineseTraditional ChineseStartup Menu Delay Sec Custom Logo DisableEnableMultiboot Express Popup Delay Sec CD-ROM bootDisable EnableFast Boot DisableEnableSD Card bootDisable EnableFloppy bootDisable EnablePXE Internal NIC bootDisable EnableLegacy Boot OrderNotebook Upgrade BayNotebook Hard DriveUSB FloppyUSB CD-ROMUSB Hard DriveNotebook EthernetSD CardDock Upgrade BayeSATA DriveDisplay Diagnostic URLDisable EnableUSB legacy supportDisable EnableParallel port modeEPPBidirectionalStandard ECPFan Always on while on AC PowerDisable EnableData Execution PreventionDisable EnableSATA Device ModeIDE AHCIMulti Core CPUDisable EnableSecondary Battery Fast ChargeDisable EnablePXE Internal IPV NIC boot DisableEnablePXE Internal IPV NIC boot DisableEnableVirtualization Technology VTx DisableEnableReset to defaultNumLock on at boot DisableEnablePower Monitor CircuitDisable EnableUSB device bootDisable EnableUpgrade Bay Hard Drive bootDisable EnableWake on USBDisable EnableIntel R HT TechnologyDisable EnableBoot Mode LegacyUEFI Hybrid With CSM UEFI Native Without CSM UEFI Boot OrderOS Boot ManagerUSB Hard DriveNotebook IPV EthernetNotebook IPV EthernetNotebook Upgrade BayeSata Hard DriveSD Card BootHP HypervisorGeneric USB DeviceCustomized BootAudio alerts during boot DisableEnableCustom Help and URL message DisableEnableSystem Management CommandDisable EnableeSATA bootDisable EnableExpress Card Link SpeedGeneration Generation TPM Reset to Factory Defaults NoYesWireless Button StateDisable EnableEmbedded WLAN DeviceDisable EnableFingerprint DeviceDisable EnableNotebook Upgrade BayDisable EnableEmbedded LAN ControllerDisable EnableIntegrated CameraDisable EnableEmbedded Bluetooth DeviceDisable EnableMicrophoneDisable EnableLAN WLAN Switching DisableEnableSpeakers and HeadphonesDisable EnableAudio DeviceDisable EnableRestore Defaults NoYesWake on LANDisable Boot to NetworkFollow Boot OrderReset of TPM from OS DisableEnableOS Management of TPMDisable EnableActivate TPM On Next Boot DisableEnableTPM DeviceHidden AvailableTPM Activation Policy F to BootAllow user to rejectNo promptsDriveLock password on restartDisabled EnabledPassword Minimum Length At least one symbol required NoYesAt least one number required NoYesAt least one upper case character required NoYesAt least one lo... Read more

A:ProBook 6570b BIOS admin password reset

Hi, Unfortunately I'm not aware of any 3rd party utilities that work with this particular Model, however if you Contact HP Business support they should be able to send you a customised SMC.bin file which you can use at boot to reset the password. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/ProBook-6570b-BIOS-admin-password-reset/td-p/5829095
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi,
Could someone help me? I have a Dell Latitude D510 laptop and I put an BIOS admin passwoed an year ago. Now I need to remeve it but I don't remember. I tried the latitude.exe program but did not worked. Service tag nr. is 6TXB42J-595B . Thanks a lot in advance.

A:Dell laptop reset bios admin password

U will have to do, a chip reset.
Coz i also keep trying those ideas with the latitude application but it failed, but when i did the chip reset, thing worked out exactly how i wanted them.
All the best

Cheers
Robin

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-reset-bios-admin-password.92541/
Relevancy 97.61%

I purchased this pre-owned and would like to update the bios. It wont let me do so unless i give it the admin password. How to take the password off ?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How to reset bios admin password HP Elitebook 8440p

SOLUTION: This is what I did and worked like a dream. Contacted HP, told them the problem. They "escalated the case," took my info. The next day I was emailed a file called SMC.bin. It is formatted specifically for my machine, has to match the UUID. Copied file to FAT 32 formatted jump drive, booted it as per the email instructions, reset bios password.I did this via chat on HP's website.Screwing with the bios battery will not work on Elitebook...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/How-to-reset-bios-admin-password-HP-Elitebook-8440p/td-p/2675995
Relevancy 97.61%

so, i have a 6530B that i got from a relative, and i must say, it is extremly difficult to work with... I want to do a factory restore, and to do so i need to get through the bios admin password. I cant even boot from a USB to do a fresh install... Would it be easier to have HP support help me with the bios password, or should i just put in a new HD and do a fresh install, using another pc as a surrogate for the install(cant get past bios on tis one)? from what ive read spending the day trying to find a way around the password, that there really is no workaround... Kind of obnoxious... but its a business machine so makes sense...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/6530b-factory-reset-bios-admin-password/td-p/5690684
Relevancy 96.75%

Hi There,
I have locked myself out of the BIOS and wondering how I would get the password reset. Thank you,
Fuffs

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980083
Relevancy 92.88%

After a power failure I could not have access to my only account Ron Wolpa which was administrator DETAIL I CAN T REMEMBER THE PASSWORD I USED DURING new corrupted account.. profile Admin , created account a INSTALLATION After booting and rebooting many times I could load an empty desktop screen I remember to have read an error message stating that the info on my profile could not be found the exact words I can t remember C windows system config systemprofile desktop refers to an Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. unavailable location IT WAS NOT POSSIBLE TO CONNECT WINDOWS TO THE EVENT NOTIFICATION SERVICE THIS PROBLEM PREVENTS THE ACCESS Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account.. TO THE STANDARD USERS Once in the corrupt desktop none of my icons loaded nothing at all by luck I gained access to the control panel through an icon on the task bar icon tray This enabled me to create a new account named Emergency that is where I am now writing this message I wished I could repair my old administrator account and spare me the work of reconfiguring everything on my new account that has not admin privileges At the point I am without the admn password what is the best that could I do Thanks

A:Admin account profile corrupted , created a new account..

http://cdslow.webhost.ru/files/ntpwedit/ntpwed05.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/60830-admin-account-profile-corrupted-created-new-account.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have two Windows 7 Professional systems, standalone, which non-administrative users cannot log in to. The security log shows 0xc000006e and a sub-status of 0xc0000070. All the search results I get indicate that this relates to LoginTo property in AD, but
these machines are standalone and have never been part of any domain. They are HP 6305 small-formfactors, with one 2TB disk each.
They have been STIGed per DISA guidelines, and the hard drives were imaged from one previously built and STIGged in a HP Z820, with some driver installations to make things work nicely. The Z820 systems do *not* have this problem, and never have.
Anybody have an idea on this?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/27c5376f-8489-4da6-b04a-6c85000cad77/nonadmin-user-not-allowed-to-log-on-to-standalone-computer?forum=w7itprosecurity
Relevancy 90.73%

I bought an used Elitebook HP 8570P for my grand child , it works OK but Bios Admin is unknown,We can not get to bios set up by using "EsC" then "F10"Model 8570PSerial # 5CB3020QM4SKU # B5V88AW#ABA. Pleaswe help me to reset the Bios Password to blank (Nothing).Your help is greatly apprecicated.Tks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Admin-Bios-Admin-quot-Unknown-quot/td-p/5710917
Relevancy 87.72%

Pretty basic question (I think). Is the built-in administrator's account exactly the same as a manually created local administrator's account privilege wise? Or does the built-in possess inherently elevated privileges?

I have googled around, however, I can't find a clear answer for this.

Thank you

A:built-in admin account vs regular admin account

Hello Spurcell, and welcome to Seven Forums.

They are basically the same, except that the built-in possess inherently elevated privileges, and the other doesn't until approved through UAC to elevate the action.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255985-built-admin-account-vs-regular-admin-account.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I have been looking for this answer for 2 days and can not find anyone who has had similair problem.

THere are 2 accounts Administrator and Kenmystro/administrator. I have the password for both and can access both. win 7 Ultimate Hp8510.
I have already selected all user permissions and taken ownership in every box I could find for Kenmystro/admin. the UAC is at minimum and the security centre is off. Run as admin on right click does not help.
It does not matter which of the 2 accounts I log into when I try install certain HP software(Maintenance
& some drivers) it says I do not have admin privileges.

This is driving me nuts can anyone help??

Relevancy 86.86%

I hope someone can help me Just this morning i booted up as normal and the always annoying UAC stopped when account admin admin Admin checked! is even being notifications kept Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! popping up I was sure i had disabled these Then i went to use my music software and it said that this account Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! didn't have admin privileges I checked my user account and the check box states that is is an admin account and that UAC is turnd off i only have one account anyways Ive looked on google extensively Tried making new profiles and copy the old one over but that only worked to a certain point - lots of programs didn't work lost mail settings etc Not really workable Tried system restore to no avail Tried using the vista admin account and changing my account - rebooting - etc No change My guess is that something has got Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked! corrupt in my user profile and windows is not remembering that i should be an admin I can't use my software and i have a deadline Any one who can help will win a magical prize or something Jen

A:Admin account stopped being admin even when admin is checked!

Welcome
Should be easy, create a New Administrator account and give it permissions to use the software.
User Account - Create
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html
Procedure for Seven is the Same as For Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294399-admin-account-stopped-being-admin-even-when-admin-checked.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3567 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 190679 MB, Free - 127631 MB; E: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 27280 MB; L: Total - 953835 MB, Free - 639993 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 0AACh
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desk-top-shortcuts-corrupted.1165942/
Relevancy 83.85%

Computer is HP COMPAC D CMT MINI TOWER OS WINDOWS Today I uninstalled Malware Anti Bytes had name wrong from Programs and Features because I discovered it was a LNK file and reinstalled correct malware bytes program Scan was run and found following Riskware Heuristics Reserved Word Exploit and removed it The source was C Users terryfitzsimmons Desktop Explorer exe I had discovered earlier that Explorer Desktop shortcut was a LNK file and thought I had removed it but apparently did not solve problem During installation I was asked if I wanted to install a desktop shortcut and I FILES DESKTOP AS SHORTCUTS CORRUPTED LNK answered yes I right clicked on shortcut DESKTOP SHORTCUTS CORRUPTED AS LNK FILES gt properties gt details and details showed it as an LNK file The shortcut was also in white which I have found it indicates LNK file I deleted the shortcut I have been having this problem for awhile with desktop shortcuts turning out to be LNK files When I would click on desktop shortcut instead of the program opening I would get a window opened asking what program I wanted to use to open file so I knew something was wrong So it seems that somehow my desktop shortcuts have been corrupted A few days ago all my program files had turned to LNK files In startup folder I discovered a file called quot monitor lnk files quot with unknown publisher and associated with one of my printers which HP which I had previously removed When I unchecked it I couldn t delete it the lnk extensions all went away Hope someone can help Also do you think it s necessary for me to change passwords on a clean computer because of above Riskware nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-shortcuts-corrupted-as-lnk-files.1165938/
Relevancy 83.85%

Afternoon Having recently today inherited my company s IT support role Without any real training qualifications I m coming across a number of small issues one of which is the following All machines at my company Pass. Admin Disk How to reset Password without Reset an are independently managed How to reset an Admin Password without Pass. Reset Disk by their own local Administrator account across the board the Username and Pass to access the Admin account is the same except for a single machine It seems this machine has a differing password to the other machines unfortunately the previous administrator is no longer contactable I however require access to the administrator account To the best of my knowledge he didn t set-up a Password Reset Disk either I ve read about various rd party tools which can enable the resetting of the Administrator Password but am loathe to try them without first hand confirmation of their validity etc On my head be it and so forth Is there any method to determine what the Admin pass may be or should I plump for a rd party tool to aid in the resetting of the pass If so does anyone have any suggestions for which to use If it makes any difference the machines are networked to a Mac Xserve server - though as I understand it I wont be able to access locally stored passwords through the server itself Many thanks for any light that can be shed upon this issue Mike nbsp

A:How to reset an Admin Password without Pass. Reset Disk

Sorry but this from TSG site rules:
"- Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-an-admin-password-without-pass-reset-disk.1044901/
Relevancy 83.42%

I just got a window that came up saying that my Thunderbird address book was corrupted and saying that it would create a new one for me and back up the old one. I clicked "OK". Now most of my addresses are missing. What should I do? Dave

A:Thunderbird Address Book Corrupted

Hiya

First off, have you tried a restore of your system, to see if they can be recovered:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q306084

That's assuming its XP of course.

If not, you may want to look at this:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Backing_up_your_mail,_address_books,_and_settings

In particular, the part about Restoring or migrating your backed-up profile.

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/thunderbird-address-book-corrupted.446533/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello All,

I have problem with shortcuts from programs from encrypted unmounted partition.
Windows 7 automatically corrupt them when do not have access to their localization/partition, when partition is not mounted.
Does is possible to disable in Windows checking shortcuts localization and not corrupt shortcuts ?

Thank You.

A:Corrupted shortcuts from unmounted TrueCrypt partition

What do you mean by "corrupts"?

Windows don't corrupts anything when the target file is missing, but you can't obviously use it to access the program. It's possible that the icon doesn't shows at all (being replaced by a generic one) and if you use it, Windows will offer to delete it. But after re-mounting the encrypted volume, it should return to normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/311688-corrupted-shortcuts-unmounted-truecrypt-partition.html
Relevancy 82.56%

hello
I have like 50+ servers running on windows 2012
I always work form the built in admin

for some reason a lot of the servers im lately getting from leaceweb have something wrong with there OS
the build in admin account is constantly getting asked to do things as an admin
like this

iv seen this now on 3-4 servers
it's getting really annoying

A:Built in admin isn't working right

That's My Problem Too But mine I can't see my admin account

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/45858-built-admin-isnt-working-right.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello I recently encountered an issue while cleaning my mother's pc She has a win home hp laptop with her Issue Built-In Admin own profile as administrator and somehow while resetting the pc to restore some files lost in a power outage I managed to turn on the built-in admin profile I went through all of the steps to disable the profile through cmd but it only gave me more problems Upon rebooting I got the message User account is disabled please see your system administrator I click ok and my mother's profile pops up like it normally would Built-In Admin Issue I go into cmd with admin privileges and repeat with no success I try for amusement the opposite net user administrator active yes and reboot Now I have admin profiles that both pop up with incorrect password prompts I can still log into my mother's account after clicking ok but it would be nice to have this fixed I've spent hours Built-In Admin Issue googling on how to fix this and found nothing microsoft is less than helpful about things and often repeats information that is not needed To be clear For some reason the built-in admin will not disappear despite everything I do and now having seen accounts I am leaning towards this being a registry error Lusrmgr msc is not available in her edition of win or I would have tried that too Any help would be awesome I'll even take wiping the computer clean as long as I can restore her profile and hers only Thanks in advance - Cole

A:Built-In Admin Issue

The first thing I would do is create a brand new local user and change that account type to administrator. Log into the new user account and see if you can then disable the built-in administrator account.

You can also try this:
Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

The easy way to accomplish the in place upgrade repair install is just to click the upgrade now button:
Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40127-built-admin-issue.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My father's note running win8, has suddenly decided that the address book in outlook express (ie6)is corrupt and it must be re-installed. I have looked around the web and this seems to be a fairly common problem, however the correction of this seems fairly complex, surely Microsoft must have come up with a quick fix to this problem, especially as it seems of their making, what with faulty updates and the complexity of outlook and outlook express.
Please does anyone have a simple resolution to this problem, that we both can understand.
Thanks in advance to all those that take the time to reply.

A:Corrupted Address Book in Outlook Express

The last Outlook Express was in Windows XP. This is no longer supported (for fixes). Surely he has a backup he can recover from (or should).

I use an older Outlook 2003 (which is the same as Windows XP - no longer supported by Microsoft) but it still works flawlessly even with all the updates. I still use Outlook 2003, but in the process of evaluating other e-mail programs and seriously considering the free Thunderbird. That may be an alternative for your father's old Outlook Express.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/352739-corrupted-address-book-outlook-express.html
Relevancy 82.56%

When I run, for example, command prompt under admin, my system wide shortcuts for winamp ("+" on Num Pad) are not working in that program

A:Shortcuts not working in programs run under admin

Could you explain that a little better ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32464-shortcuts-not-working-programs-run-under-admin.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi and thanks for Address and Msglixgrx.dll Yahoo Book found corrupted. any help that might be offered I recently downloaded from CNET soem karaoke software and I think this has infected my laptop Now when I log onto my Yahoo mail the address book is all messed up Literally every address is gibberish I have logged onto my Yahoo mail on a clean PC and the address book is fine Also the Google home pages looks Msglixgrx.dll found and Yahoo Address Book corrupted. OK but when I enter text in the search bar the autotext fills in weird stuff I am running Windows XP Professional SP I have already run Combofix which I have now read might have been the wrong thing to do before posting However I have the following logs DDS and GMER all of which I am posting now Any assistance would be massively appreciated DDS LOG DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Graham at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV ZoneAlarm Security Suite Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Updated D B - C- CAB- FF - B B F CF AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW Norton Internet Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E FW ZoneAlarm Security Suite Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEsvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv Msglixgrx.dll found and Yahoo Address Book corrupted. exesvchost exeC Program Files Creative Shared Files CTDevSrv exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files O bin sprtsvc exeC WINDOWS System PAStiSvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exeC Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosOBEX exeC Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosBtProc exeC Documents and Settings Graham Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk mWindow Title Microsoft Internet ExploreruSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ieuSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q suURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - BHO AC-Pro fb a - - f-bd - f ee a - c program files autocompletepro AutocompletePro dllBHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f ba c - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer SkypeIEPlugin dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB B EAC - D - B E- B -A C A A - No FileTB C E A- F - E-B E- B - No FileTB Yahoo Toolbar... Read more

A:Msglixgrx.dll found and Yahoo Address Book corrupted.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302970/msglixgrxdll-found-and-yahoo-address-book-corrupted/
Relevancy 81.7%

Have recently upgraded win98 se to winxp upgrade but when entering outlook express get error message saying (your address book data file appears to be corrupt and cannot be used). Is there anyway of repairing this if so any help would be very appreciated.

Relevancy 81.7%

Received this Thunderbird error message: "One of your address book files (abook.mab file) could not be read.
A new abook.mab file will be created and a backup of the old file,
called abook.map.bak, will be created in the same directory."

How do I use the .bak saved file to reconstruct the failed abook.mab in order to retrieve all the addresses?

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Thunderbird Address Book Corrupted File

THIS might help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/solved-thunderbird-address-book-corrupted-file-304627.html
Relevancy 81.7%

i have a clean install of windows 10 pro, before i had a windows 7 and was using the built-in administrator account without problems.
now in windows 10 i'm using the built in administrator account but facing problems
1) if i leave the "security settings==>local policies==>security options==> User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account==> disabled" as it is the default option i can't run the new windows programs like settings, edge... etc.
2) if i change User Account Control: Use Admin Approval Mode for the built-in Administrator account to enabled, i can't install certain programs and also i have to run some applications as administrator (which i don't want to do for every application and that's why i use the built-in administrator account), to get full access to the windows drive "c:" and it's subfolders.

can anyone help me to solve this issues....

A:built-in admin account problem

1) This is by design. The security model of the new Apps are not compatible with a full time Admin level account.
2) Even the built in Administrator account or an normal elevated admin account does not grant you access to everything. This too is by design.

It was never intended that the Administrator account be used for normal use. Create your own Admin level account for this. It will be subject to UAC and is compatible with the new Apps.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/32611-built-admin-account-problem.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Not sure if this is part of the account you create or a separate (built in) account, but seems like it should be disabled if the latter. Thanks!

A:How do you disable the built in Admin Account in XP Pro?

You cannot...I have to wonder why you would want to.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/333959/how-do-you-disable-the-built-in-admin-account-in-xp-pro/
Relevancy 81.7%

Can't access rollback, net user administrator /active:no denies me, I don't even know where it came from and why its on my computer without me enabling it and it blocks me from changing my password and from installing most programs.

Someone please help.

A:built-in admin account problems

Are you issuing the net user command from a Elevated Command Prompt?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316248-built-admin-account-problems.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi all, I have an issue. I run Windows 8.1 Pro x64 on my laptop, and I use the built in admin account as my only account... I want to migrate this to a "normal" admin account so I can link it to my Microsoft Account, and be able to properly use apps. This way I can also sign in to my soon-to-be-arriving touchscreen laptop (Yay!) with that Microsoft account and have everything switch over.

Thanks

A:Built in Admin account naff

Create a new Account with admin privileges.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/built-in-admin-account-naff-807097.html
Relevancy 81.7%

is there a way to not display the built-in admin account from the "manage accounts" list? Also, i set the password and set so you could not change the password. However in the manage accounts list i'm able to change the password and/or remove it. don't want that.

please advise.

A:way to not display the built-in admin account

The only way top hide the real Administrator account is to disable it as follows:

Open a Elevated Command Prompt: How to open an Elevated Command Prompt in Windows 7
From the Command Prompt, type net user administrator /active:no and press Enter.

How did you set the password so it couldn't be changed? Post a link if you were following instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345332-way-not-display-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Sorry the title limit was too short.

Basically what I was wondering is:

Is there a way to enable the built-in elevated administrator without logging on to a current admin account and without having to ender the admin password?

e.g. from the welcome screen or from a standard user account.

I am on windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

Thanks

A:Is there a way to enable the built-in administrator without admin?

Hello japb, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You could try METHOD II in the tutorial below to see if may allow you to.

Built-in Administrator - Enable from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390197-there-way-enable-built-administrator-without-admin.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I like the built-in admin environment, especially not having to deal with all the 'blu-yelllow' shielded programs or other programs and sys. functions that always prompt. Never understood why my normal login user account, which btw is also 'allegedly' an admin account, constantly fires up these permission prompts. So, rather than reconstruct my original user environment, is there a simple way to either convert the account into the built-in admin, or port that environment into the built-in admin account?

(Just had a horrible thought. Is UAC disabled in the built-in admin. environment? If so, then the above request can be 86'd.)

A:User & Built-in Admin Merge

Hello MourningStar,

You could use the tutorial below to elevate the priviledge level of your normal administrator account to be like the built-in Administrator account. You'll use the "no prompting by UAC" option. I don't remember if you will still have the UAC icons on programs that require elevation afterwards though.

User Account Control (UAC) - Elevate Privilege Level - Vista Forums

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220959-user-built-admin-merge.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi guys,

I'm having this weird problem with accounts. My mother has an administrator account on her PC and I've created a standard user account for my nephew to play his games on. The thing is, every time I install a new game/program the icon not only shows up on his account but on the Admin desktop as well. I've got around this by dragging the shortcut from the admin desktop to the corresponding user desktop, but I don't want to be doing this all the time. What did I do wrong when I created the standard account and is there anything I can do to prevent any future shortcuts on the standard account showing up on the administrator desktop?

A:Standard account creates shortcuts in admin

Unfortunately some installers just do not deal with multiple accounts well.

The only thing you can do is to always choose custom install on a program (which you should always do anyway to avoid bloatware) and if it has the option, to install for all users. Other then that, that is the way it is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/334731-standard-account-creates-shortcuts-admin.html
Relevancy 81.7%

The folders in the Guest are shortcuts of my originals but with out Open Office properties. I will save and try to put them back in Admin account. What do I do about the unknown guest?
I turned on view all files and discovered them which may have been going on for some time without my knowledge. Have taken permission of short cuts and waiting for your advice and help. Or it just hapened with a chat session trying to install a NvIdia driver.
W7sp1
Avie

A:Guest Account has Admin folders as shortcuts

Hello Avie, I am afraid I am not sure what you mean in your above post ^?

I got a little confused. Do you mean that you are sharing folders and/or sharing public folders and the guest account has access to files stored in them? I do not know of any other way in which the guest account can access Admin account folders. If so, type "Change advanced sharing options" without quotes into the start menu search bar, and select options to NOT share public folders and NOT share folders and printers. In addition, make sure you DO select password protected sharing to force a password requirement for all network connected computers in the event you decide later on to start sharing (added security).

If I missed the mark, please explain further. Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/223152-guest-account-has-admin-folders-shortcuts.html
Relevancy 81.7%

My vista computer wont go past the startup because it says that the registry file is broken/corrupted. I have a lot of info on that computer so i dont want to reset. Help???

A:registry file broken/corrupted

Hi, you need to boot from your Vista DVD and access the RE (repair your computer) option. From here select command prompt, a dos type box will open with a X:\sources> prompt follow these instructions:-

? Boot from Vista DVD
? Get in to WINRE
? Open command prompt
? Enter the following commands to fix the issue.
We need to determine what OS the RE assigned a drive letter to (not always C) so at the x sources prompt type:- bcdedit |find ?osdevice? press enter (use the returned OS drive letter in the following cmds (assume C:).Press enter after each command.

C:
cd windows\system32\config
C:\windows\system32\config>ren default default.old
C:\windows\system32\config>ren sam sam.old
C:\windows\system32\config>ren security security.old
C:\windows\system32\config>ren software software.old
C:\windows\system32\config>ren system system.old

C:\windows\system32\config>cd regback

C:\windows\system32\config\regback>copy default c:\windows\system32\config
C:\windows\system32\config\regback>copy sam c:\windows\system32\config
C:\windows\system32\config\regback>copy security c:\windows\system32\config
C:\windows\system32\config\regback>copy software c:\windows\system32\config
C:\windows\system32\config\regback>copy system c:\windows\system32\config

Restart your computer let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/registry-file-broken-corrupted-659263.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I somehow managed to destroy windows update. it cannot find updates anymore. Ive gotten 2 error codes: 80248014 and (not sure) 80073712. I have tried using a program i found on the windows club that was supposed to fix it but didnt, i tried the System Update Readiness Tool, but it failed. I also read somewhere on this site to delete the softwareupdate folder contents, which i did, but that didnt do it either. what else can i do?

A:Broken/Corrupted Windows Update

Try Windows Mr Fixit: How do I reset Windows Update components

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/252301-broken-corrupted-windows-update.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Okay are corrupted/broken/inaccessible Files so I recently had a pretty bad malware rootkit issue with my computer When I would browse through chrome clicking on links would pop open new windows or redirect me to new pages And even the pages I wanted to Files are corrupted/broken/inaccessible be on would constantly refresh streaming videos wouldn't play But more importantly many files on my computer were inaccessible or corrupted Shortcuts would not Files are corrupted/broken/inaccessible open from my desktop or files from their home location on my computer So I tried to remedy this with the follwing in this order Rkill Rogue Killer Adwcleaner Malwarebytes This was mostly successful I Files are corrupted/broken/inaccessible can browse my internet safely and smoothly My computer seems to be operating much faster now than it did before However many of the files on my computer I am still unable to open up Cleaning up my computer fixed some of the files but most are still inaccessible Desktop icons are a blank white square and nothing happening when I double click on them My taskbar I have windows are all white square boxes I even installed sim city on my computer earlier today except that it doesn't start up when I insert the game disk nor is there a file to run the game in its folder under my C drive I suspect there maybe still some malware hidden deep in my computer I am really hoping this isn't a hardware issue Does anyone know what I can do to fix this I attached a picture of my desktop for a better idea of what I'm dealing with

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621705/files-are-corruptedbrokeninaccessible/
Relevancy 81.27%

So I installed Dreamweaver and help brook gets the quot internet explore cannot download from help quot error I googled the issue and found a solution that edited the registry using the below values HKEY CLASSES ROOT xml xmlfile Content Type text xml PerceivedType text HKEY CLASSES ROOT xml OpenWithList HKEY CLASSES ROOT xml OpenWithList winword exe quot Support - non-admin and for only Help Broken HKEY CLASSES ROOT xml PersistentHandler E D D - - F-AA B- A A CCE Well this worked for the admin but help is still broken on my standard Help and Support Broken - only for non-admin account and on the new one I made as a test The problem is Help and Support Broken - only for non-admin that when I go to regedit under my standard account it gives different keys than the admin account Help and Support Broken - only for non-admin xml content type is set to application xml instead of text xml I can't change the setting when I open regedit as a standard user and when I open it as and administrator the registry shows what it should the code above Does anyone know how I fix this Thank you Patrick

A:Help and Support Broken - only for non-admin

Hi Patrick,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

You might try merging the REG file from within the Standard account in OPTION TWO here. You will still have to approve it with your Administrator password, but it should change it for the Standard account.

Help and Support in Vista

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/130754-help-support-broken-only-non-admin.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm working on a domain/client setup and have upgraded from 7 to 10. I can't seem to open normal apps like the calculator, photo viewer, Edge, etc. I get the same error.
"This app can't open. %APP% can't be opened using the built-in administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again."

I've search and have found 2 fixes. One is change the local security policy change for "UAC Admin Approval Mode for the Bulit-in Admin account" and I set that to Enable.
The other fix was to verify that change occurred in the registry, making sure a value was "1".

Everything was good until a reboot, now it's happening again. Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/win10-app-cant-open-using-the-built-in-admin-account-1073890.html
Relevancy 80.84%

So Long story short got my computer back from my brother last night and Go Figure nothing seems to Windows any log other into Admin Unable to 7 account Built-In than work I started by trying to log into my account admin acct starts to log in but then displays quot The User Profile Service failed the logon quot At that point I turned to the internet for help Started here You receive quot The User Profile Service failed the logon I thought sounded like something I could do but sadly had no users that could actually complete this task I would open the regedit go to my account then when I tried to edit the said quot bak quot file it would tell me I didn't have permissions and anytime that I was prompted for my password I would type it in and it would accept it as far as to go away but wouldn't do anything I could type in wrong passwords and it would show an error for said wrong password At this point I restarted my computer set up my built-in Administrator and logged in as that admin I tried removing the quot bak quot it let me without prompting but after restarting it did nothing And when I looked in the regedit the quot bak quot was back also I had reset the RefCount and the other Windows 7 Unable to log into any Admin account other than Built-In key can't remember name SO I don't want this to get too big of a thread starter heres a quick list of what I tried Made new user can't log in with same issues Tried to edit users in control panel I get no prompt because using built in admin but nothing happens when I click on users link Ran sfc scannow got a really long log file and down't know what the most important snippet would be to supply but I thought maybe Code POQ ends - - Info CSI e SR Verify complete - - Info CSI e SR Repairing components - - Info CSI ea SR Beginning Verify and Repair transaction - - Info CSI eb Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS x microsoft-windows-g -currency resources bf ad e en-us d ae efd d currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI ec SR Cannot repair member file l quot currency css quot of Microsoft-Windows-Gadgets-Currency Resources Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture l quot en-US quot VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ed Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS x microsoft-windows-g -currency resources bf ad e en-us d ae efd d currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI ee SR Cannot repair member file l quot currency css quot of Microsoft-Windows-Gadgets-Currency Resources Version pA PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE INTEL Culture l quot en-US quot VersionScope nonSxS PublicKeyToken l b bf ad e Type neutral TypeName neutral PublicKey neutral in the store hash mismatch - - Info CSI ef SR This component was referenced by l quot Microsoft-Windows-Gadget-Platform-Package bf ad e amd en-US WindowsGadgetPlatform quot - - Info CSI f Hashes for file member C Program Files x Windows Sidebar Gadgets Currency Gadget en-US css currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI f Hashes for file member SystemRoot WinSxS x microsoft-windows-g -currency resources bf ad e en-us d ae efd d currency css do not match actual file l quot currency css quot Found l b i sINuSl DV H BVuI vtdioND z J R Br hPPQk Expected l b eNcp emjcQ sozAFiRAtaeewYbt QgLbEk jwFIhhA - - Info CSI f SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Program Files x Windows Sidebar Gadgets Currency Gadget en-US css quot l quot currency css quot source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI f Repair results created POQ starts Mov... Read more

A:Windows 7 Unable to log into any Admin account other than Built-In

Welcome
Apparently, you Brother did something to the computer that he should not have done.
I would run an system restore from a few days before you gave him the computer. Everything should go back to normal.
System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/243160-windows-7-unable-log-into-any-admin-account-other-than-built.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I want to delete the user account that uses the buiilt-in-administrater. I'm uncomfortable with using anthing anything but User Accounts in Control Panel but may have too. Step by step, please.
Bill

A:Delete a Built=In -Admin User Account

The built-in "administrator" account cannot be deleted, at all. It's by design defined in Windows to always exists (so that there is always at least one admin).
You can disable it if you never use it, so that you cannot login as it or use UAC to elevate to it, but the account MUST exist.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/318212-delete-built-admin-user-account.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I've just been having a very large amount of permission problems in various programs, right now I'm having trouble compiling and running the temporary .exe's CodeBlocks makes, getting "permission denied" as an actual compiler error.

So what I'd like to do, and I'm not sure if its possible, is activate the built in full power administrator, which I know how to do, and then rename it to my current account name, or make it so where they merge. I don't really want to have to set all my folders up and such (especially with programs like itunes, which will go off the file path of the username)

~Thanks
~Kyle

A:Changing My user account to Built-in Admin

Quote: Originally Posted by ZeldaKrazy

I've just been having a very large amount of permission problems in various programs, right now I'm having trouble compiling and running the temporary .exe's CodeBlocks makes, getting "permission denied" as an actual compiler error.

So what I'd like to do, and I'm not sure if its possible, is activate the built in full power administrator, which I know how to do, and then rename it to my current account name, or make it so where they merge. I don't really want to have to set all my folders up and such (especially with programs like itunes, which will go off the file path of the username)

~Thanks
~Kyle

Hi kyle and welcome

certainly can rename it. Merging? may be more difficult. I am of no use there. Someone here will know
Sorry I cant help, and again welcome

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/45763-changing-my-user-account-built-admin.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, i would like to change the Passwordchg option so to prevent my password to be changed (i know this option could be changed but is a little more complicated), anyway, when i put the command
Code:
net user "Administrator" /Passwordchg:no

on my command prompt it throws (may be a not accurate translation)
Code:
Operation not permitted, could disable, delete or deny access to the administrator account

Now i dont see why since i could also disable this option (if it would be possible to enable it) and also i know and will NEVER forget my password.
Anyway is there a way to achieve this in another way?

A:Changing Passwordchg option on Built-In Admin

Hi Alesimula, welcome to the Eight Forums.

Windows protects the built-in administrator account in all possible ways it can think of. One of these protective measures Windows has taken is that you cannot disable password changing for the built-in administrator account. This is very clearly told when you try it, either from Command Prompt or using Computer Management console:
Short answer: The message you get is not an error message per se but instead a notification, Windows telling you that the change you'd like to do cannot be done.

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/51555-changing-passwordchg-option-built-admin.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello My office updated to Win about three months ago One of my co-workers has discovered that she can't boot Edge I've tried these using account open Admin Edge can't built-in potential fixes but still no go Fix gt Win R amp type secpol msc no quotes browse to gt Local Policies gt Security Options scroll to User Account Control Admin Approval Mode for Built-in Administrator Account and enable gt Win R Edge can't open using built-in Admin account amp type regedit no quotes browse to gt Local Machine Software Microsoft Windows Current Version Policies System Audit Change default value from empty to x without quotes Reboot Fix Open elevated cmd prompt Enter DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Scanhealth Wait for it Enter DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Restorehealth Wait for it Enter net stop wuauserv cd systemroot SoftwareDistribution ren Download Download old net start wuauserv net Edge can't open using built-in Admin account stop bits net start bits net stop cryptsvc cd systemroot system ren catroot catroot old net start cryptsvc And wait for it Re-enter DISM exe Online Cleanup-image Restorehealth Reboot Fix Win R regedit no quotes Right click on HKEY CLASSES ROOT amp select Permissions Ensure that Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES is set to Allow Read Right click on HKEY CURRENT USER amp select Permissions Ensure that Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES is set to Allow Read Right click on HKEY LOCAL MACHINE amp select Permissions Ensure that Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES is set to Allow Read Still in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE right click on Edge can't open using built-in Admin account HARDWARE amp select Permissions Ensure that Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES is set to Allow Read Still in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE right click on SAM amp select Permissions Ensure that Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES is set to Allow Read Still in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE right click on SECURITY amp select Permissions Ensure that Permissions for SYSTEM is set to Allow Full Control and Read Still in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE right click on SOFTWARE amp select Permissions Ensure that Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES is set to Allow Read Still in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE right click on SYSTEM amp select Permissions Ensure that Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES is set to Allow Read Right click on HKEY USERS amp select Permissions Ensure that Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES is set to Allow Read Right click on HKEY CURRENT CONFIG amp select Permissions Ensure that Permissions for ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES is set to Allow Read Reboot computer Last but not least I enabled the hidden Admin account and tried to boot Edge from there Got the same error message Any suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/59523-edge-cant-open-using-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My Windows machine has only one interactive account - the built-in quot administrator quot account It is just an internal file- and media-server without a monitor which is accessed exclusively through Remote Desktop I would like to change the quot user picture quot associated with that built-in admin How admin change the built-in to picture the for account? account Trying to do it the quot usual How to change the picture for the built-in admin account? quot way - through Control Panel - gt User Accounts - does not work Apparently user picture selection is handled by a Metro app And Metro apps are not launchable How to change the picture for the built-in admin account? from the built-in admin Most likely there are workarounds I can try using that hack that enables Metro apps under the built-in admin Or I can add another interactive admin account and try changing the picture of the built-in admin from that other admin I don't know whether any of these will work I haven't tried yet But is there a more straightforward way to set the user picture for an account Like copy the picture file to some folder or something like that

A:How to change the picture for the built-in admin account?

Best practice is to not use the built in Administrator account for general use. Create an admin level account for daily use and leave the built in account for emergencies. If you have only one account and for some reason you cannot log into it you will have no access, no easy way to solve the problem. Having an alternate account makes this much easier.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41838-how-change-picture-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 80.84%

okay freshly into win now having obtained a new hdd for my comp I have been running as the admin of my computer since accounts became an unavoidable thing barring the occasional frustration-induced blunder I tend to stay Properly Paranoid in my habits to make sure I have no problems but win doesn't think that I could ever be intelligent enough to have full rights on any account other than the built-in admin account which of course I'd want to avoid using outside emergencies that render other accounts damaged somehow so I'm looking to find out how to make another user account with FULL admin rights not just the constantly have to get permission stuff that a standard snort admin account has full rights that don't involve constantly having to run as administrator yes yes I've heard people trying to get me more paranoid so that I'd endure the added hassles all it does is make me more irate with the situation so if noone's willing to provide me with instruction on this it's probably best for the thread to be left to fall off the board

A:of win7, admin rights, admin accounts, and real admin accounts

I don't know what your problem is. To make another administrator account - Start - Control panel - User Account - 
Manage another account - Create a new account - Give it a name - put a check mark for Administrator - 
click - Create Account. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517811/of-win7-admin-rights-admin-accounts-and-real-admin-accounts/
Relevancy 80.84%

I have recently downloaded Cyberlink's Powerdirector which, complete, contains more than 2G of software. I have attempted to make downloads MANY times with errors like "download corrupted" or "broken". I was, eventually, successful in downloading it. But I have no idea how.
I have also been trying to update the software lately, but I am getting an error saying "MD5 check failed". That file was more than 400MB.

I also maintain the website: Learn Brazilian Portuguese | Learning Portuguese Brazilian | Learning Portuguese Phrases and I am needing to download my site's content and files for backup, but, once again, getting error messages. The file for this is 512MB. I am have been trying to use free download manager, but it keeps failing with connection time outs. It stops at different intervals most everytime. I have tried using free download manager without a proxy.

A:Getting corrupted or broken files when trying to make big downloads

Are you connected via LAN cable or wifi to your router? If wifi, then try using LAN or vice versa. Your ISP could also be the problem.

Do a malware scan with a good antivirus and MalwareBytes: Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

Also try downloading without download manager.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284679-getting-corrupted-broken-files-when-trying-make-big-downloads.html
Relevancy 80.41%

This problem started a couple days ago There Corrupted System Drivers, And And File Structure Oh Bsods My Corrupted doesn t seem to be a user initiated trigger as it first happened after the computer was idling for a while and subsequent crashes problems occurred at various times in various circumstances all the while getting worse I ll elaborate below but first HardwareMotherboard Gigabyte GA-P -DS LProcessor Q Memory x GB Ballistix on QVL Hard Drive GB Seagate Video Card MSI GTPSU W RaidmaxSoftwareOS Version Windows XP Pro bit Service Pack Build Antivirus NOD Firewall Zone AlarmThe ProblemThe computer is almost exactly two months old and was running perfectly up until this point when as stated it crashed seemingly randomly and never stopped crashing since The first error I was not around for I came back to my computer to find it was in an infinite BSOD-reboot loop where it would clear POST and the Windows splash screen would pop up for about three seconds Bsods And Corrupted File System Structure And Corrupted Drivers, Oh My followed by an instant BSOD It probably was going on for a good - minutes before I stopped it which I did by completely powering down the system and then restarting When Windows loads it pops up the message Windows has recovered from a serious error I send the error report and it says everything is unknown except that it was caused by a driver but Bsods And Corrupted File System Structure And Corrupted Drivers, Oh My doesn t know which driver I figured it must have been a random thing because I hadn t updated any drivers since first building the computer and the last Windows update I did was a couple weeks ago Everything ran normally so I let it be for about ten minutes after which it happened again The first thing I thought was it might be a virus even though I only use online email and scan everything I download not much About minutes into the virus scan it crashed again I couldn t read the error Bsods And Corrupted File System Structure And Corrupted Drivers, Oh My code cause the BSOD went by too fast but I quickly found out how to make it stay and also learned of the Event Viewer I looked up all the different errors but I seemed to have misplaced the sheet I wrote all the early error codes on I do remember that each one was different not just in the parameters but also the error code and the messages at the top were things of the nature IRQL problems GREATER THAN EQUAL TO etc sorry to not be more specific here All the errors happened after various amounts of uptime during many different activities It crashed in safe mode too I managed a full virus scan and it didn t detect anything The only recent thing I installed was Firefox update to so I deleted that to no avail I didn t notice until I pulled up the Event Viewer that there were disk errors too Source ntfs Category Disk Event The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume C After a couple more crashes this started happening immediately after POST STOP c Unknown Hard Error windows system ntdll dllAfter that shortcuts started disappearing from the control panel and start menu Error reports to Microsoft became corrupted too Things were unstable I decided to just reformat to see if this was a software or hardware I deleted the partitions and wiped the disk and then reinstalled Windows And everything ran fine I installed audio and video drivers and everything ran fine Installed Zone Alarm and NOD and everything ran fine I ran windows update and everything ran fine I rebooted several times and let it sit all day idling and there were no problems No errors in the Event Viewer so I started loading things back on First thing was ntune from nvidia it didn t cause problems in the past two months then Firefox then Steam which I left on all night to redownload everything Woke up today to check on everything and found it recovered from one serious error but then loaded Windows and idled for a couple hou... Read more

A:Bsods And Corrupted File System Structure And Corrupted Drivers, Oh My

all of your hardware seems made by reputable companies but for onePSU: 630W RaidmaxEverybody makes a few bad power supplieshttp://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRevie...False&Page=Did the gigabyte mobo come with some monitoring software utilities?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131262/bsods-and-corrupted-file-system-structure-and-corrupted-drivers-oh-my/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello all My copy of Windows Home files, SFC but Windows7 doesnt data reads Many corrupted corrupted fix Premium x on my laptop has been having some strange issues lately I cannot run msi files and device manager never populates a full list Sometimes rarely but it does repeat Windows Explorer will freeze and if I attempt to close Many corrupted Windows7 files, SFC reads corrupted data but doesnt fix it and reopen it using task manager the UI reloads but whenever I click on a folder it claims Windows cannot load explorer Restarting fixes that I scheduled Many corrupted Windows7 files, SFC reads corrupted data but doesnt fix and ran CHKDSK and it repaired a few bad sectors but it didn't fix any of these problems I have run CCleaner both the regular cleaner and registry fixer and defragmented my hard drive until it's only fragmented I then tried sfc scannow and it read a bunch of corrupted files but could not repair them I read that to fix sfc you must download and run Windows System Update Readiness Tool It has been running and quot Searching for Updates on this Computer quot for about an hour now and I'm getting concerned that it's just not doing anything It's not frozen the bar keeps moving from left to right and I can click on and off of it I also have the logs from sfc if anyone wants to take a look at them they'll be attached The computer isn't very old and has an intel i and gb of ram If you would like any extra information to help please reply and I'll get back to you as fast as I can Any recommendations on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated Thanks so much for any and all help

A:Many corrupted Windows7 files, SFC reads corrupted data but doesnt fix

Hi Qujibo,
First comment you said ran ccleaner REGISTRY cleaner, this is not advised, unless you know what your doing

If there is an UNDO backup from that utility RUN it.

SURT can quite easily run for a couple of hours.

There are a lot of Winsxs errors in your log.

AFTER surt has run

REBOOT

run the MXdiag report from this link
Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Was this OS only installed via sysprep a couple of days ago??

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/389976-many-corrupted-windows7-files-sfc-reads-corrupted-data-but-doesnt-fix.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have forgotten my admin pw and forgot to create a reset disk for my Windows 7 operating system. I know there is a way to reset without paying someone. I am very familiar with computers and the hardware/software they use. However, I don't recall the easiest way.

Do I remove the battery for 5 minutes, or play with the jumpers. And what jumpers do I need to remove/switch in order to reset.

A:Admin pw reset

howdy and welcome. May want to re-read the rules page at techguy.org/rules.html, as we do not assist with bypassing passwords as we cannot verify the authenticity. As a result, I'm going to close this.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/admin-pw-reset.1148236/
Relevancy 80.41%

... my machine says I need to permission to move a folder to another? It first says "I'll need to provide admin permission to move this folder", then I see a file operation window, then another You need permission window with a try again and cancel button. Whats going on here? This UAC is proving to be more anoying then good. I'm pretty sure it's why I could not connect to a FTP server through a game to download an update.

How do I give myself admin power even though I am admin? LOL. This is crazy.

A:I am the admin of my machine but,...

Hi Charles,

This is standard behaviour. Although you are running as an administrator, you are only running with standard privileges. This is because an administrator account has two tokens which determine the mode that it is running in. For normal activities, it uses the standard token. When an operation requiring higher privileges is invoked, you get the UAC pop-up. This is where you grant the administrator permission to run with full administrative credentials (i.e., use the administrative token) for THAT operation only. Note that I do not recommend that you run using an administrator account - instead you should create a standard account and use that instead. The only difference you will see here is that you will have to provide the name of the administrator account and its password at any UAC prompts.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/211325-i-am-admin-my-machine-but.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Vista Home Premium SP Dell hardware UAC enabled I noticed a few months ago that I have lost the ability to manage user accounts other than my own despite having administrator rights on my account Whenever I start Control Panel and go into User Administration either directly Add or remove user accounts or indirectly User Accounts and Family Safety Add or remove user accounts and click on Add or remove user accounts the UAC Panel window appears Windows needs your permission to continue click Continue nothing happens No error is returned just nothing happens It seems that permission is broken Admin please! User - Vista help, being denied I enabled User Account Control some time ago but also I find that I cannot disable Vista User Admin broken - help, please! it again - maybe this is the root of the problem I have been using a registry cleaner for some time Auslogics after a variety of other similar products which has helped by clearing out dross from the registry but I fear that some damage may have been done to UAC in the process Can anyone guide me through checking this out and hopefully repairing it I am aware that because I have left this fault for a considerable time before seeking help I have lost the option of going back through previous OS restore points so manual repair to the registry may be the only way to fix this I hope I haven t locked myself out of the control room with this I am currently happy with my user accounts - just two one admin one standard - but I am not happy with the loss of my ability to modify account settings Thanks Sam UK nbsp

Relevancy 79.98%

And, my user account went from admin to standard user after the two last updates. Now, I can no longer address the issue in Built in Admin mode nor can I do it in my standard account.

Please, please, tell me I don't have to reinstall windows 10? *LOL* If I do have to reinstall, I'll need to copy all my doc file again... right?

Oh and did I tell ya? The last update wasn't successful and I've no idea what happened....

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/55003-built-admin-login-no-long-accepts-my-password.html
Relevancy 79.98%

i need a little help

who can declare me what is the differnz between a user, who is member in the administrator group and the built in administrator.and is there a possibility to grow up a user to a built in administrator

A:User with local admin wrights and the built in Administrator

1) The only practical difference that I know of is that for the built-in admin, UAC is disabled by default. That means that the built-in admin never requires elevation. But, as we all know, UAC can be turned off by the user so even when an admin user launches a program, he will be elevated automatically.

2) The built-in admin account cant be deleted (though it can be disabled).

3) A minor difference is that the built-in admin has a "well known" security identifier (SID). I remember reading somewhere that some apps look for a particular SID string and install/ run only if they can find it. Though I am yet to encounter any such.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/95969-user-local-admin-wrights-built-administrator.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I've been using vista premium for about 3 weeks (2 new Dell computers) and am trying to setup a maintenance schedule for both. With my XP machine I have a batch file that will go out and clean all the temp, cookies and temporary internet files of each user.

I'm trying to find the path for vista, but with vista, when I open My Computer | double-click C: the layout is different than XP...I can go into the User's folders and see all the allowed users but the temp, cookies and TIF folder's are not there.

First Q = I am one of the admin. so how do I find the path for each user?
Second Q = Do I have to use the built-in sys admin acct to gain access to these folders? If so, how do I enable it?
I quess thats three Q's....thanks for your input/reply.

A:2 Vista Q's involving built-in sys admin & users directories..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-vista-qs-involving-built-in-sys-admin-users-directories.562817/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello Techie Guy A techie digital A a a signature, & MalSign Broken Corrupted file dude with the company AdvancedTechSupport com who identified himself at quot Microsoft Certified Level quot and who by remote assistance was able to find at least errors on my computer which he finally concluded that my A Broken digital signature, a MalSign & a Corrupted file computer needed a thorough tune-up including cleaning and malware removal by a Microsoft Certified Level technician who is quot only qualified quot to do such advanced tuning cleaning and malware removal Their company s fee is for unlimited assistance for an entire year Unfortunately I am not able to afford that amount at the moment but am in DIRE NEED of addressing current threats that my AVG scan found embedded in my system that I believe is disrupting my ability to surf the Net after about A Broken digital signature, a MalSign & a Corrupted file - minutes of being online I m unable to open new pages and the hour glass just keeps going on and on in circles like forever I end up turning off my computer If there is a good IT-Samaritan out there who can assist or direct me to where I can get assistance for an affordable price God bless I NEED YOU AS SUCH A TIME AS THIS AVG SCAN RESULTS Threat Found MalSign Generic AA Object Name C Users User AppData Roaming Auslogics Rescue Sony Maintenance rsc Severity Medium State Infected Identified by Scan Date PM Type Embedded element in the archive email attachment cookie etc Threat Corrupted executable file Object Name C Update INDVID- - INDVID- - exeVU Severity Medium State Infected Identified by Scan Date PM Type File or Directory Threat The file is signed with a broken digital signature issued by Microsoft Corporation Object Name C Program Files Microsoft Office Data Updates Apply PackageFiles root office SCNPST C DLL bak Severity Message State Infected Identified by Scan Date PM Type File or Directory I ran the utility and pasting the results for your review thanks in advance for all you do Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Sony Corporation VAIO Antivirus AVG Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-broken-digital-signature-a-malsign-a-corrupted-file.1102502/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello

I have Windows Vista Business 32-bit and today after downloading some files (.exe) from the internet, I recieved the "File or directory is corrupted or unreadable" error message. It only appears on the files downloaded from a specific point in time. I have ran a test on the HDD and that seems fine so what could it be?

Also I cannot run chkdsk after rebooting for some strange reason either.

Please help

Thanks

A:File or directory is corrupted or unreadable and broken chkdsk

Hello Welcome to TSF! What are the files called?

And how did you run the chkdsk? From the command prompt or using the GUI way?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/file-or-directory-is-corrupted-or-unreadable-and-broken-chkdsk-631414.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,
today I am posting in the Eight Forums to ask about how to fix a corrupted looking Windows 8 start menu with no corrupted files found. I know that's a really bad way to explain the situation. I have uploaded a screenshot which I hope explains the issues. I wanted to add the blank squares do not work and also the Maps button.
Thanks
Emaunel

A:Windows 8 Start Menu Looking Corrupted; No corrupted files

Repair the start screen, see here:

Apps and Tiles Not Working or Responding: Fix in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/49030-windows-8-start-menu-looking-corrupted-no-corrupted-files.html
Relevancy 79.55%

So, I reformatted my computer again. Did some SFC scans before I installed any Microsoft updates and all scans were clean. Did all the updates, drivers, program installations. Couple days later I decide to check with SFC and found some errors. There's also errors at the source, meaning I can't replace them correct? This seems kind of stupid. Always having corrupted files no matter how many times I reformat.

A:Corrupted Files + Unable to Repair + Corrupted Source

Hello ecko69x

From the last entry in your report below, it looks like they have been repaired, and you are good to go.

"Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction have been successfully repaired"

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/274143-corrupted-files-unable-repair-corrupted-source.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi,

I have a XP SP2 and 2000 SP4 operating systems. Now the problem is that i have forgotten my xp admin passwords. Can in any way i can reset my xp admin password by logging in to 2000 sp4 ( 2000 is working fine).

If not what would be the best and easiest way to unlock the xp password.

Please help!!!

Thanks in Advance
Venugopal

A:Reset XP admin password

There are ways, but we are not allowed to assist with bypassing administrator passwords. Sorry.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/reset-xp-admin-password-198936.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My brother was logged in the admin password,someone hacked in and changed the password.i cannot access most things on the net to help reset as the computer asks for admin password and if i had the admin password i wouldnt need the program to reset it.It is frustrating.there has to be an easy way that doesnt cost anything to override the problem.so if anyone knows how to solve this problem once and for all i will be very grateful.
thank you

A:Plz help to reset admin password

cheryl,
welcome to tech support guy,

on this forum,
it is NOT permissable for a member to help with requests, such as your request would fall under as you're asking it,
hacks - cracks - passwords
try HERE

thank you for your understanding,

NOTE: THIS is about all the help that you can be offered, ms has this to say about it:
What to do if you forget your Windows password
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-IN/help/66b61e8e-341d-453b-9edd-234301dfd7e51033.mspx
[just my opinion, a moderator may see it differently]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plz-help-to-reset-admin-password.832959/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi guys. Please send me to the dunces class :-(

I honestly cant recall changing my login to a laptop, but my password now doesnt work, so I assume I did. My login has the Administrator privilidges.

Luckily we do have a standard user login / password that does work.

Ironically , I was going to make some backup disks , as its a fairly new laptop, but cant now login to do this.

Windows 7 laptop. Toshiba.

A:How reset an Admin password

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-to-do-if-you-forget-your-Windows-password

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/418502/how-reset-an-admin-password/
Relevancy 79.55%

Need to reset admin password on Stream 11-r015WM disabled code 52187403

Relevancy 79.55%

Now Vista won't boot into the Desktop after i removed the Log-in password, thinking that
Vista would by-pass it and boot straight into the Desktop.
Unfortunately it did'nt and instead it prompt for a password which I don't have. . Now I'm stuck with the log-in page. How can I get around this problem.
Appreciate all help. Many thanks in advance.

A:Reset Admin Password

What steps were taken exactly to remove the log on password?
Can you boot to safe mode and try to log on as "administrator"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-admin-password.680458/
Relevancy 79.12%

HI all I appreciate admin built hidden profile+more in as temporary loading h.premium64/32 your help and time in solving few issues i am having I have a win home premium bit sony vaio nw m I think I have got my hidden built in admin account messed somehow it has been like this for months but only now i have had the time to try and solve it When loading says this is a temporary profile everything you do will be deleted contact admin I have my own admin account which is working fine The more above is the following issues on h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more my admin account the one which is loading h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more fine I ran Vaio hardware diagnostics and found error E-LAN- On my desktop I have about files from Mac instalation iso I extracted by mistake to desktop and can't remember if it is the snow leopard but I cannot delete them comes back with msg - file no longer in that location verify location etc I tried to delete from the folder but no success I had downloaded virtual box but have now deleted all folders and uninstalled it I had ran Qemu to install it but i got a black small screen that flashed quickly and was gone So I never used it I tried to install a virtual machine but with no success have Windows virtual PC installed but was not able to load a win iso Needed some help to enter the BIOS on this machine I managed to enter once by pressing power and Assist button but can't do it again And even that does not give me advanced options on BIOS settings Thank you Rosh

A:h.premium64/32 built in hidden admin loading as temporary profile+more

Hi all

I managed to sort out the built in admin account problem. is now loading fine, no temp. profile.

still need help with the other issues mentioned in first post above.
thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586550/hpremium6432-built-in-hidden-admin-loading-as-temporary-profilemore/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a Dell running Vista Home Basic. There are two accounts set up. One was for a family member who is no longer with us, and I do not know the password. The other account , "Jan", did not have a password, but is now messed up so I cannot log in. When I choose "Jan" I get the following: the user profile service failed the login - user profile cannot be loaded. I read some about this on another forum and it was suggested that I go into safe mode and try to get the "real" built-in administrator account enabled. I did so, but then when I re-boot I do not get that built-in admin account as an option. Can you help further?

A:cannot login, user profile cannot load, cannot run built-in admin account

Originally Posted by Jeff Eriksen

I have a Dell running Vista Home Basic. There are two accounts set up. One was for a family member who is no longer with us, and I do not know the password. The other account , "Jan", did not have a password, but is now messed up so I cannot log in. When I choose "Jan" I get the following: the user profile service failed the login - user profile cannot be loaded. I read some about this on another forum and it was suggested that I go into safe mode and try to get the "real" built-in administrator account enabled. I did so, but then when I re-boot I do not get that built-in admin account as an option. Can you help further?

Jeff
there is a tutorial here for when the user profile fails to start. you might want to take a look. its here User Profile Error - Logged on with a Temporary Profile

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255341-cannot-login-user-profile-cannot-load-cannot-run-built-admin-account.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have been using a win XP virtual machine OK occasionally for some months and at one point it 'crashed (i.e. stopped responding and could not be woken up). It made me realise that I had done what I needed to do so 'OK, let's delete the thing'. The trouble is, I cannot!

OK the files had a 'SYSTEM' ownership and I have manages to amend one file (as a test) to what I believe is my win7 username. Now when I try to delete, I get a message saying I need permission form myself; this is annoying to say the least.

Any ideas on how to go about this deletion?

Cheers

A:Win XP virtual machine s corrupted -how do I dlete the files (& vhd)?

Remove Windows XP Mode, virtual machines, or Windows Virtual PC

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320828-win-xp-virtual-machine-s-corrupted-how-do-i-dlete-files-vhd.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi everyone Here is my latest Vista woe s Dell Inspiron gbRAM gb HDD Core duo T GHz Vista Home Prem - auto update AvastHome Windows Defender AVGAntispyware RUBotted Threatfire Some background I have profiles on the machine Admin which is my original Admin account I've used it to install apps etc Basic which is my everyday non-admin profile that I use for just about everything New Admin files Admin can't App Admin - Permissions Problems / Install UAC, Public / access which is a new admin account I created for trouble shooting but it has the same problems that the original one has There are basic issues I'll use one particular instance as an example but it's not the only instance AND it's an intermittent issue - sometimes problem happens sometimes it doesn't Ten minutes after this instance I downloaded and installed an app and it ran fine In my Basic profile I downloaded Skype and saved the file to my Public Downloads folder I right-clicked quot run as administrator quot Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files to try and install Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files and got this error Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item I tried just clicking it to run it without quot run as administrator quot and got the same error I did some searching on the error and found some postings elsewhere but most were very old and in WinXP instead of Vista but I tried investigating the things mentioned in those posts - I ran the AVG scan and removal tool for the Gaelicum A virus - it didn't find anything - I checked the properties of the file and it did not say anything about coming from another computer and needing to be unblocked - I logged out of my Basic profile and logged into my Admin profile and all the same problems happened - I logged into my New Admin profile and all the same things happened In my New Admin profile I copied the file from the Public Downloads folder and tried pasting it into my New Admin's own Downloads folder and got this error Destination Folder Access Denied You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file NOTE This happened IN MY ADMIN PROFILE Click quot Continue quot and get this message User Account Control Windows needs your permission to continue If you started this action continue File Operation Microsoft Windows AD - - - - B BDB E Click quot continue quot and the installer begins It runs a while and then I get this message the dialog box says its a message from Skype but I've gotten similar messages from other software I've tried to install Cannot write the installation package on the disk Please make sue that you have the necessary disk space available There are GB available on this disk This is not a new problem so I can't think to associate it with any particular software change and so 'restoring' to an earlier time isn't helpful because it's not tied to any particular time that I can identify I haven't changed hardware AND the associated issue at least I think it's associated is that sometimes installing apps in one profile doesn't flow thru to the other profiles and I can't find any rhyme or reason to that - I've had this happen whether I install the apps while in my Admin account while in my Basic account and using quot run as administrator quot to install or whether I'm in my Admin account and using quot run as administrator quot EVEN THOUGH I'm IN MY ADMIN account because some apps seem to require that kind of thing Then the icons for that app won't show up in different profiles' start menus I can't even search for the apps - have to sometimes dig into C xx to find an executable to create a shortcut Sometimes then trying to run the app and I'm talking about something basic like maybe a PDF viewer or something like that it says I need administrator permissions to run it I'm so tired of all this Can someone please help me I'm ... Read more

A:Problems - Admin Permissions / App Install / UAC, Admin can't access Public files

Helloooooo??? Anybody out there?

I'd really appreciate any help you can offer me.

[UPDATE] incidentally, since writing this I have been able to install a couple of other small apps (but have also run into the same problem on a couple of others).

Thanks
Buck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problems-admin-permissions-app-install-uac-admin-cant-access-public-files-260867.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello, I just purchased a new lenovo v570 laptop runing windows 7 home premium.

I scanned an image using my Epson NX 400 usb all-in-one printer. Then I tried to save it to my external USB enclosed sata drive. I haven't had any problem like this before. They said, I didn't have permission. I am running the laptop as an administrator. What other permission do I need? Antivirus and firewall software is all up and funny functional.

A:Scanned Image Using Windows Paint. Asked For Admin. Permission, but I am on Admin.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanned-image-using-windows-paint-asked-for-admin-permission-but-i-am-on-admin.1051243/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Is there an efficient way to have the administrator password on a computer. I have tried the Login Recovery, it works except you need to wait 48hours and use it once every 3 months.

I heard you can get around it in DOS, thanks for any help.

A:How to retrieve/reset admin password.

Sorry but I am closing this thread. Bypasssing administrator passwords is not something we can help with I'm afraid as we do not know if the reasons behind it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-retrieve-reset-admin-password-142991.html