Windows Support Forum

Aspire 7520 wont boot need help finding info

Q: Aspire 7520 wont boot need help finding info

Got aspire 7520 series notebook, who wont boot but on boot flashes caps lock 2 times need to find what problem indicates two blinks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Aspire 7520 wont boot need help finding info

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Aspire 7520 wont boot need help finding info

Remove the battery and connect the AC adapter only... does it then boot?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aspire-7520-wont-boot-need-help-finding-info.195750/
Relevancy 81.7%

A few 7520 Acer Aspire boot loop days ago i booted up Acer Aspire 7520 boot loop my laptop and checked my emails i then left the room and returned a few minutes later to find the laptop was switched off When i tried to reboot the system it cycled again and again trying to boot up Nothing showed up on the screen and all i could here was the harddrive start up then click off as well as the power button light up and then switch off This fault goes on endlessly I managed once to access the bios but have not been able to since as the lapto begins its cycle again before it reaches the bios bootup I have removed the ram and moved it from slot to slot with no joy there replaced the harddrive with a new one but the problem still persists The laptop will do this on battery power and when plugged into the outlet The battery is getting chardged Is the motherboard fried Is a capacitor to blame Could it be a problem with the lid I have searched all over the net and have found many people who have had the same problem but none have managed to sort it out I have tried all i know to get it up and running again but this one has got me stumped Has anyone else had this same problem Please help nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 7520 boot loop

Sounds like a mobo problem. could be a capacitor bubbled up and leaked, could be a short on the board, could be a crossed/not grounded pin. I would see if it has any warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-7520-boot-loop.124905/
Relevancy 80.84%

I just bought an Acer Aspire 7520 (exhibition piece, used - like new) and received it in the post yesterday morning. After a whole day of running fine, I used a friend's T-Mobile Web'n'Walk usb dongle later in the day and about halfway through install the system froze (except for cursor motion, I couldn't click on anything). I forced a restart, and after the initial boot screen it was left on an almost completely black screen with a white blinking underscore in the top left corner, even left for a while this didn't change.

I've tried restoring default settings in the f2 Boot Menu, leaving the system shut down over night, but nothing else so far as I don't want to damage it further.

Please help!

A:Acer Aspire 7520, sudden boot problem

The hard drive data may be corrupted, or the hard drive may just be bad. Pull out the hard drive and see if you get a display of the initial post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-7520-sudden-boot-problem.128954/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello I am working on an Acer laptop that boots screen boot Aspire logo Acer goes 7520 windows black during after normally except for the screen going blank after the windows loading logo in Windows It does the same when booting to a Windows install disc It gets past the initial screen Acer Aspire 7520 screen goes black after windows logo during boot when copying files and then goes blank When connected to a second monitor the monitor shows quot video out of range quot I tried booting to safe mode and vga mode with no luck on both monitors The system loads into windows desktop as I can hear the Windows sounds and I can power down using the start menu blindly The display works fine in the system BIOS and during the initial boot from disc or hard drive I am thinking the internal video card is bad but want to explore other options before giving up So far I have Tested all hardware Reset BIOS to defaults Booted to VGA mode and safe mode Tried Last Known Good Configuration Cloned a drive from another machine with a good OS Tried both the original Windows Vista OS and a new copy of Windows from both CD and hard drive Please help me get this stubborn laptop to output video normally

A:Acer Aspire 7520 screen goes black after windows logo during boot

Hi it sounds like the driver might not be loading or the graphics is failing

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7520-screen-goes-black-after-windows-logo-during-boot-685827.html
Relevancy 66.65%

aspire 7520, green light flashing on front of computer,there is a disc in the dvd player that is trying to go, the micro-processor is getting warm after a being on for a while. Cooling fan starts up but only runs for 3 or 4 seconds. Computer will not switch off by holding the on/off switch down. Was working ok when last switch off, but refused to start up next day.message edited by ANDY480

A:acer aspire 7520 will not start up.

It could be a fault with the motherboard. Take it in to a laptop repair shop and ask them to check it out and give you an estimate for cost of repair.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/acer-aspire-7520-will-not-start-up/13513.html
Relevancy 66.65%

My acer notebook is about 9 months and has turned really slow. i think it needs to be seriously cleaned up. I have done scans using Macaffee, windows defender, disk defrag, and clean up. But nothing seems to help the speed.
Does anyone know what i could do. on other sites said about using the eRecovery but not 100% on using it.. any help to get my laptop back to its original state would be helpful thanks

System details if help
64X2 dual core processor with 1 gb ram. 32bit os vista

A:Acer Aspire 7520 OS Vista

First check with malwarebytes, for malware.

Take the memory diagnostic test to make sure memory is ok. 1GB is never going to be enough.

Go to search type cmd, then right clikc do not hit enter. In CMD type sfc /scannow. Any small corruption will be fixed.

In the device manager make sure that all drivers are ok. You will see a yellow warning marker by any defective drivers.

Make sure your drivers are up to date

Shut off you A/V If it runs faster, dump it and get MSE Microsoft Security Essentials.

Then come back and report.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/268982-acer-aspire-7520-os-vista.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi can someone please help. I have an Aspire 7520 laptop and want to use it wirelessly on my router, it will not connect or even pick up the signal. I have no problems when i connect via the patch lead. i have uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless driver and i have checked to make sure i have an upto date driver as well. I run off vista, whats confusing me (doesn't take much) is that it was ok when i had my bt router but then changed to sky and it hasn't worked since.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Acer Aspire 7520 laptop that used to have Vista installed. I've been playing with it some and installed Ubuntu some time back. Got recovery and system disks from Acer to reinstall Vista but keep getting a window saying something about windows/vista not able to install with this hardware. I haven't changed any of the original hardware and have reformatted the drive with both fat and ntsf but get the same problems with hardware message.

A:Reinstall Vista on Acer Aspire 7520 Laptop

All Linux code must be deleted.

Disk - Clean and Clean All with Diskpart Command - Windows 7 Forums
Partition or Volume - Delete - Windows 7 Forums
Partition or Volume - Create New - Windows 7 Forums

Try a full clean & full format in command prompt.
1) Boot DVD & Press Shift+F10 (for command prompt)
2) Boot DVD, & Windows 7 Forums command prompt)

Type in command line
DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK # (win HD)
CLEAN ALL
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
SELECT PARTITION 1
ACTIVE
FORMAT=NTFS
ASSIGN
EXIT
EXIT

SSD : Optimize for Windows Re-Installation - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280196-reinstall-vista-acer-aspire-7520-laptop.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Acer Aspire usually will not charge nbsp If I use the battery with no mains supply then it works correctly I can boot into either the Windows Vista or the Ubuntu operating system installed on the computer nbsp When I connect the mains supply the Power Supply flashes orange and the Computer On light flashes green both synchronised and continually flashing at about one flash per second The battery is not charging The battery monitor shows a steadily diminishing charge and the Power Supply remains cold nbsp If I unplug the power supply then the Computer On light is continuous green and the computer works ok nbsp If I re-connect the power supply then both lights flash again nbsp The battery is showing over charged nbsp The on Power 7520 flashi... Aspire & Computer lights both open-circuit output of the Power Supply measured on a digital voltmeter is the expected to volts nbsp Sometimes it all works correctly the lights do not flash and I can continue as normal Most times it fails nbsp I have removed the battery and held the On button down for seconds several times to no avail nbsp The Power Supply seems to be working correctly the battery seems to be partially charged nbsp Why are both the Power Supply and the Computer On lights flashing

A:Aspire 7520 Power & Computer on lights both flashi...

Hello, Sometimes it all works correctly, the lights do not flash, and I can continue as normal, Most times it fails. Did you straighten lightly the contact springs of the DC-IN socket (laptop side)?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-7520-Power-amp-Computer-on-lights-both-flashing/td-p/442371/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi there pals!
I have a problem with an Acer Aspire 7520 laptop which gives me distorted colors on the screen. Could it be overheating? I cleaned the fan and the cooler, but to no avail. Could it be the video card? If yes, is it worth fixing or not?
Anticipated thanks.
Cheers.
D.

A:Acer aspire 7520 distorted screen colors

Download, install and run HWMonitor.

http://download.cnet.com/HWMonitor/3000-2094_4-10793486.html

Let us know the temperature of your GPU on idle and on load. If it's close to 90 or higher it's overheating.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-7520-distorted-screen-colors.927082/
Relevancy 65.36%

I've replaced my Hdd for a larger Capacity as the old unit died.

When trying to boot and install Vista from my DVD. It does not run to install, yet if I put the DVD into my PC it will auto-run and try to install.

The boot order is Hdd, DVD, USB etc, etc.

Why will it not boot on the Acer yet it will on my PC.

Tried an XP DVD yet that will try to install on my Acer.

any clues as what I can do to make it boot or Re-burn a DVD with some mods.

thanks

A:Acer aspire 7520 Vista Gemstone- Booting

exceller said:

The boot order is Hdd, DVD, USB etc, Click to expand...

cd/dvd drive needs to be 1st

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-7520-vista-gemstone-booting.886662/
Relevancy 65.36%

Acer Aspire usually will not charge nbsp If I use the battery 7520 Computer & both on Aspire lights flashi... Power with no mains Aspire 7520 Power & Computer on lights both flashi... supply then it works correctly I can boot into either the Windows Vista or the Ubuntu operating system installed on the computer nbsp When I connect the mains supply the Aspire 7520 Power & Computer on lights both flashi... Power Supply flashes orange and the Computer On light flashes green both synchronised and continually flashing at about one flash per second The battery is not charging The battery monitor shows a steadily diminishing charge and the Power Supply remains cold nbsp If I unplug the power supply then the Computer On light is continuous green and the computer works ok nbsp If I re-connect the power supply then both lights flash again nbsp The battery is showing Aspire 7520 Power & Computer on lights both flashi... over charged nbsp The open-circuit output of the Power Supply measured on a digital voltmeter is the expected to volts nbsp Sometimes it all works correctly the lights do not flash and I can continue as normal Most times it fails nbsp I have removed the battery and held the On button down for seconds several times to no avail nbsp The Power Supply seems to be working correctly the battery seems to be partially charged nbsp Why are both the Power Supply and the Computer On lights flashing

A:Aspire 7520 Power & Computer on lights both flashi...

Hello, Sometimes it all works correctly, the lights do not flash, and I can continue as normal, Most times it fails. Did you straighten lightly the contact springs of the DC-IN socket (laptop side)?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-7520-Power-amp-Computer-on-lights-both-flashing/td-p/442371
Relevancy 62.78%

I was trying to reformat my computer to out of box state I partition, to boot Reformating state, my box of computer out locked finding when wont have toshiba satillite laptop that is about months old It had a version of windows on there that my buddie put on but I want Reformating my computer to out of box state, locked when finding partition, wont boot it off because I think that its pirated he said he is not using it because his computer wont support it but I dont know anyway I dont have the Reformating my computer to out of box state, locked when finding partition, wont boot windows disk and I am miles away from him so I cant get it During system Reformating my computer to out of box state, locked when finding partition, wont boot restore when it first starts it trys to find the partition that the restore image is put on it does not use disks It lock up when trying to find the partition so I restarted my computer Now it wont load at all it says no bootable device found And I tried to push F to see if I can do a start up repair but F is no longer working was before Any ideas I am so stuck Thanks Much Syrell nbsp

A:Reformating my computer to out of box state, locked when finding partition, wont boot

Installing any version of Windows using anything but the Recovery Disks for the particular PC generally overwrites the special MBR the system uses to access the Recovery Partition at boot. Or if Win 7 added it's System Reserved partition when it was installed, the BIOS may simply be looking at the wrong place now.

If you didn't create the Recovery Disk Set, you can contact Toshiba to see if they have them available for your model, and what it might cost, if anything. Usually pretty cheap.

You might be able to use a Win 7 Recovery Environment CD to run Startup repair and get it able to boot back into Windows though.
You can download an ISO of the Win 7 RW disk from here:
Win 7 Recovery Environment CD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reformating-my-computer-to-out-of-box-state-locked-when-finding-partition-wont-boot.902842/
Relevancy 61.92%

recently i was deleting all these old files on my cpu by going to the start menu, control panel, and clicking "change, remove" programs.... i did that and i was almost positive i didnt delete anything i need (not to good w/ cpus) but i think i did b/c whenever i start up my cpu it says DELL and i can press f2 and f12 but after that it just goes blank and i only have to press the power button one time to turn off not hold it to turn it off please help me.

A:My computer wont boot up (more info on whats going on inside)

Try removing and replacing the CMOS battery also clearing the BIOS may help. I could try to assist more but the only description you give of your System (cpu) is DELL or as you said

Andino said:

(more info on whats going on inside)Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-boot-up-more-info-on-whats-going-on-inside.150164/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey Everyone Im having problems with my computer and its driving me insane Please help me Even as a techie I cant figure this one out I was working on my computer when it froze It has done that before so I shut it off and turned it back on Well I turned it back on to a Windows XP boot logo that faded - PLEASE - **XP - EVERYTHING INSIDE on HELP!! DETAILED STEPS AND INFO Hangs Boot Wont in half way then stopped The blue status bar didnt show **XP Wont Boot - Hangs on EVERYTHING - DETAILED INFO AND STEPS INSIDE - PLEASE HELP!! up but the XP logo faded in about **XP Wont Boot - Hangs on EVERYTHING - DETAILED INFO AND STEPS INSIDE - PLEASE HELP!! half way Anyways I tried rebooting in safe mode to no avail I tried booting with the Last Known Configuration to no avail I tried Memtest alls good I tried Microsofts Mem Test alls good I tried booting to Linux That worked but then it froze too I shut the computer off because it froze and booted it back up and now SuSE wont even load I tried booting the Windows XP CD so I could repair the installation but it wont load it hangs on quot Setup is starting Windows quot I tried updating the mobo bios I tried resetting bios config back to defaults The day before I just ran Spybot and Adaware with latest definitions When I try to boot to Safe mode it hangs on nv agp sys that may or may not have anything to do with it I have an MSI K N G-L mobo x MB Crucial DDR RAM im trying to boot from a fairly new month old maybe Maxtor GB hard drive RPM Ive also got an ATI Radeon Pro AGP video card USB mouse and PS keyboard Two network cards ones wireless ones wired - both Netgear a standard MSI bracket that gives you boot info a USB PCI card and a PCI card that I plug two more IDE drives into I have two CD drives Samsung and TDK VeloCD burners The PCI card that I can plug IDE devices into has a Zip Drive and a third hard drive old GB in FAT The mobo has x Maxtor GBs months exact same model And I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO Somebody please help me get back up on my feet ASAP I just opened a few business accounts yesterday and now CRASH ALL comments are appreciated Thanks a million Josh

A:**XP Wont Boot - Hangs on EVERYTHING - DETAILED INFO AND STEPS INSIDE - PLEASE HELP!!

hi krazyjosh,

hmmm..........looks like you did plenty of troubleshooting and thats good job you did but sucks to hear that your comp is bad. hmmm....try clearing the cmos and see that works. also if you can get into another working computer and download the latest maxtor hdd diagnostics utility that would be great.

assuming you downloaded the utility, boot off of it and test your hdd for any errors. good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-wont-boot-hangs-on-everything-detailed-info-and-steps-inside-please-help-52698.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My wife's Aspire one (has no hard drive) got an infection, caused a lot of problems, I removed a malfunctioning AVG, and tried to run a Panda scan but it stopped booting up, the ctl-alt-f10 did not give me the boot partition but an error message about a missing .dll file and the message error is 4. I cant find a way to start up in safe mode, I only get the initisl startup screen, then the system goes dead with a blank white screen. Any answers?

A:Acer Aspire One wont boot up. Help

Hello, and sorry for the delay. If you still need help, please follow the steps below.Try this please. You will need a USB drive.Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computerRun GETxPUD.exeA new folder will appear on the desktop.Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.batThe program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and upon finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.Remove the USB & CD and insert it in the sick computerBoot the Sick computer with the CD you just burnedThe computer must be set to boot from the CDGently tap F12 and choose to boot from the CDFollow the promptsA Welcome to xPUD screen will appearPress FileExpand mntsda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDDsdb1 is likely your USBClick on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)Press Tool at the topChoose Open TerminalType the following and press enter:

dd if=/dev/sda of=mbr.bin bs=512 count=1

Press EnterAfter it has finished a file will be located on your USB drive named mbr.binRemove the USB drive and insert it back in your working computer and navigate to mbr.bin, zip it up and attach it to your next reply.This will allow me to have a look at the MasterBootRecord of your drive and see if it is infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406660/acer-aspire-one-wont-boot-up-help/
Relevancy 61.49%

My laptop was working fine until about 2 hours ago, Upon trying to remove a program it started running slowly to the point of freezing I have tried to access programs etc but it taking forever to do ANYTHING. Upon restarting the screen shows the wallpaper all normal icons on the main screen but in the lower right corner next to the clock my icons are pretty much non existent. Any suggestions guys?

A:aspire 3680 wont boot

system restore to a point b4 trouble started.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/aspire-3680-wont-boot-500670.html
Relevancy 61.49%

acer aspire desktop wont boot. An blue screen error message is coming up saying problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer. Also says to run CHKDISK /F but this cant be done as I cant get to DOS. Also message at end stop 0x00000024.
I have pressed F12 on startup and gone to boot menu but it still goes back to blue screen in Safe Mode and Last Known Good Configuration.

A:Acer Aspire wont boot

Hi and welcome to TSF see if the info here can be of help Windows XP Blue Screen error message: 0x00000024 - Microsoft Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-wont-boot-681177.html
Relevancy 60.63%

it all started with a compressed C: drive. i did some steps to fix the issue now when i restart the boot up goes as far as a black screen hardware monitor then nothing, just a blinking curser

A:windows wont boot on emachine T5026 displays hardware info

Looks like you'll have to use Factory Recovery.Turn on your PC then press <Alt + F10> keys.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/windows-wont-boot-on-emachine-t5026-displays-hardware-info/203452.html
Relevancy 60.63%

As title, I just done upgraded BIOS from V2.05 to V2.10, but it wont boot again after it done upgrade and turned of automatically. Anyone can help to teach me fix it step by step? Sorry for my poor english but its urgent.. thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/HELP-Acer-Aspire-E1-410-wont-boot-after-upgraded-BIOS/td-p/435274/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

I have been trying to fix my Acer Aspire 5560G for a few days now. I have a issue with Windows 10, where i need to reinstall it because my computer wont boot windows anymore. I have made a bootable usb of the iso image and am trying to boot it up but it isnt working apparently the boot mode has to be in legacy mode which i cant do in my bios there is no option
Help me! should i trying booting from a dvd instead ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/acer-aspire-wont-boot-from-usb-win10-iso-1046297.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all hopefully someone can help with his issue Ive been hunting the forum for a few hours now and cant find anything on this issue I have found some that are sort of similar but mostly its in windows nothing really concerning windows that really helps with my issue ok my daughter has an acer aspire E - with windows the original hdd died and I replaced it with a new one terrabyte I loaded in a brand E1-531 acer 8 windows aspire boot wont new copy of windows as well it loaded up fine all drivers in and working great It worked from july th to sept I dont know what happened she was playing a game online and it beeped and went black I havent been able to boot it up since all I have for info is the info from the bios which I will include at the end when its in UEFI it wont reccognize the new hard drive at all and just hangs at windows 8 wont boot acer aspire E1-531 the acer logo screen then goes black after a bit and it wont boot at all from the cd dvd installation disc it wont bring up any repair console or anything windows 8 wont boot acer aspire E1-531 if I switch it to legacy mode it sees the new hdd and asks for the install disc but it just hangs at the start of the install and then just goes to black sceen Same thing when I change the boot order to CD Rom First Ive also tried reseating the harddrive as well No Change I just dont know what else to do Here is the Bios info from each mode there are differences I will go from each mode and each tab Thanks for your help IN LEGACY MODE Information Tab CPU Type Intel R Pentium R email protected GHz CPU Speed GHz HDD Model Name WDC WD JPVX - JC T HDD Serial Number WD- WX EC L ATAPI Model Name HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GT N System BIOS Version V VGA BIOS Version INTEL V Serial Number NXM AA ASSET Tag Number Product Name ACER Aspire E - UUID FE E F D E C E C ED Main Tab system time now system date today Total Memory MB Video Memory MB Quiet Boot Enabled Network Boot Enabled F Boot Menu Disabled D D Recovery Enabled Wake on LAN Disabled SATA Mode AHCI mode Security Tab Supervisor Password Clear User Password Clear HDD Password Clear Set Supervisor Password Enter Set User Password Enter Set HDD Password Enter password on Boot Disabled Secure Boot Mode Standard Erase All Secure Boot Setting Enter Select an UEFI File as trusted for executing Enter Restore Secure Boot to Factory Default Enter Boot Tab Boot Mode Legacy bios Secure Boot Disabled Boot Priority Mode quot HDDWDC WD JPVX- JC T ATAPI CDROM HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT N USB FDD NETWORK BOOT BRCM MBA slot v USB HDD USB CDROM UEFI MODE Information Tab CPU Type Intel R Pentium R email protected GHz CPU Speed GHz HDD Model Name WDC WD JPVX - JC T HDD Serial Number WD- WX EC L ATAPI Model Name HL-DT-ST DVD RAM GT N System BIOS Version V GOP Version Intel R GOP Driver Serial Number NXM AA ASSET Tag Number Product Name ACER Aspire E - UUID FE E F D E C E C ED Main Tab system time now system date today Total Memory MB Video Memory MB Network Boot Disabled F Boot Menu Disabled Wake on LAN Disabled SATA Mode AHCI Mode Security Tab Supervisor Password Clear User Password Clear HDD Password Clear Set Supervisor Password Enter Set User Password Enter Set HDD Password Enter password on Boot Disabled Secure Boot Mode Standard Erase All Secure Boot Setting Enter Select an UEFI File as trusted for executing Enter Restore Secure Boot to Factory Default Enter Boot Tab Boot Mode UEFI Secure Boot Enabled Boot Priority Order ATAPI CDROM Windows Boot Manager HDD USB FDD Network Boot PV USB HDD USB CDROM Network Boot PV nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I have an Acer Aspire that until this morning will not boot up It shows the acer logo and Aspire Acer 5100 Wont up boot i am able to get into the bios settings but after that the screen is blank with a blinking underscore and Acer Aspire 5100 Wont boot up thats it I have tons of school work on that computer and would like to get it off without restoring my whole computer I dont have an XP cd and i also dont have the cds that came with the computer anymore I was told i can do a restore using ALT F but I am wondering if this will help and if i can get my files off the computer before doing a restore Any suggestions I also recently installed Norton and do know that i have errors on my hard drive if that may be the problem Also I have a gateway MT laptop The Acer is also a laptop is it possible to connect the computers together to get the info off of the Acer and then do a restore on the acer If this IS possible can you explain to me how to do it because I m not extremely skilled with computers and dont know exactly how to set up a slave drive on my laptop if possible Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Was given an Acer Aspire laptop The friend of mine said that it was showing an Windows Message that showed hard drive issues and to backup he had tried to run an erecovery and it failed since the erecovery was ran the machine will no longer boot up as soon as you turn the machine on it briefly shows the Acer splash screen and then shows Braodcom UNDI PXE - v copyright c - broadcom corporation copyright c - intel corporation All rights reserved PXE -E Media test failure check cable PXE - MOF exiting Broadcom PXE ROM NO bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key I do not have any system recovery or boot disks available i have tried Alt f and it brings up the erecovery and i have chosen multiple options but all fail If i choose the top option quot completely restore system to factory defaults quot one time it may boot Aspire wont 5552 Acer go next time but it will fail message shows Notice resotre failed - error code x winmapplyimage cannot apply image the ile or directory is corrupted and unreadable My guess is Acer Aspire 5552 wont boot that the Hard Acer Aspire 5552 wont boot Drive has failed or is failing and or is corrupt I have no repair boot or os disks any suggestions or ideas nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5552 wont boot

That is what those messages are basically telling you. It hasn't found a hard drive

Remove and reseat the hard drive and see if they go away.

You may be able to boot from a CD or USB and test the hard drive if it is recognised.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5552-wont-boot.1064619/
Relevancy 60.63%

My Aspire 5600U wont start up. When I turn it on it goes to the Acer Logo screen in about 10 seconds then it does nothing. I can't get it to go into safe mode. The cd drive will spin when a cd is put into it but can't get windows to load. I can not find the windows cd or any cd that came with it. Is there any way of getting software onto a thumb drive or external hard drive? I don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated 

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-5600U-wont-boot/td-p/435853
Relevancy 60.63%

hey. When i turn on my computer the startup screen show, the white acer bios screen, and the usually where it tells you the items booting up it has a message saying "BOOTMGR is compressed, press Ctrl+alt+delete to restart". When i do this, it restarts nd does this again. I dont have any of the installation cd's as my operating system came preinstalled. I have had it for the last year and nothing like this has happened before. Can anyone help me???

A:acer aspire 7720 wont boot

Hi and welcome to TSF this is for vista but should be similar for win7 http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-bootmgr-missing.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7720-wont-boot-446504.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I installed windows and used it to clean out the bloat wear and it was working fine for several months nbsp nbsp A couple days boot uncommande... ES1-512-C88M wont following Aspire ago I got a message saying I had a possible virus so I Aspire ES1-512-C88M wont boot following uncommande... did cc cleaner and checked my windows security and found nothing nbsp nbsp I was in the middile of updated the cc cleaner when my battery ran out and the computer shut down nbsp nbsp Now when I try to start it i get the acer logo and the spinning circle of balls but it just goes to a black screen nbsp I did once get a bright blue screen nbsp I read something about taking the battery out and starting it on the charger but this model seems to be built so the hinges and accessory plugs hold it together at the back access with out major disassemble seems difficult to impossible nbsp nbsp There is a small hole with a picture of a battery that looks like it is being unplugged and i tried sticking a pin in it and it disconnects the battery but that does not seem to help nbsp There is also a hole on top above the key board but I did not detect any kind of switch in that one nbsp I am thinking the uncommanded shut down and windows are the problem tried Alt F and Alt F and the windows button nbsp Have any ideas

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-ES1-512-C88M-wont-boot-following-uncommanded-shutdown/td-p/440927/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

My Aspire 5600U wont start up. When I turn it on it goes to the Acer Logo screen in about 10 seconds then it does nothing. I can't get it to go into safe mode. The cd drive will spin when a cd is put into it but can't get windows to load. I can not find the windows cd or any cd that came with it. Is there any way of getting software onto a thumb drive or external hard drive? I don't know what to do. Any help is appreciated 

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-5600U-wont-boot/td-p/435853/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

My son's laptop suddenly when booting up says it has a boot issue.When it tries to repair it goes to screen that says there is a boot issue.
He has Windows 7 and its about 3 years old.Any suggestions?

A:Acer Aspire computer wont boot up

What is the EXACT message and at what point during the boot process do you see it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522623/acer-aspire-computer-wont-boot-up/
Relevancy 60.63%

HI I have an Acer Aspire 3680 laptop that wont boot when turning it on it gets to the Acer screen then beeps continuously then when pushing f2 to go to Bios Setup is Beeps twice, ive tried to swap boot order to boot from a cd or usb to bot up win xp install cd but no luck, I also created a bootable usb with win xp but couldn't boot that ethier? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 60.63%

From the recovery disks I can restore the system to the disk but from the BIOS you cant see the disk?

A:acer aspire 5742g wont boot

so on BIOS your HDD is missing?if you try to boot from the HDD, do you have any error?have you checked on BIOS if HDD has its password set to frozen?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/acer-aspire-5742g-wont-boot/td-p/425791/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 60.63%

My laptop started showing signs of trouble last year. At first, it would go blue screen while I was using. I neglected that. Then, It started turning off if shaken. Now it turned of after I picked it up, and it's been dead nomather what I do.
I tried unplugging everything, including power supply, discharged flea power, but nothing happened...
When I press the on button, the LED light up as they should. The screen remains dead. After about 10 seconds, the battery LED and the CD LED start pulsing on and off (around 1Hz). The fan also follows the LEDs, accelerating and decelerating... No beep is heard.
What could it be? How can I test it?
Warranty is long gone.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19982466
Relevancy 60.2%

i recently bought an acer aspire m1640 off of someone. But when i turned it on it made a loud EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE noise. I narrowed down frow where the noise is coming fom and its coming from the lower right corner of the motherboard. Its not from the hard drive or any of the fans. it seems that its coming from a small cylinder with a hole on top of it and there is a small lithium ion battery next to it. Does anyone know whats wrong or how to fix it???

A:acer aspire wont boot noise EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The EEEEEE noise you are referring to is coming from yur motherboard onboard speaker, and is a series of high pitched beeps. I;ve looked at the board maual and it does not refer to the different beep combinations it has.

Try powering up the Pc with the top off the case and check things such as the CPU fan is running, check all hardware is seated correctly as it more than likely will be some form of hardware failure. Also try replacing the CMOS battery (the small lithium ion battery you mentioned)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-wont-boot-noise-eeeeeeeeeeeeeee.960909/
Relevancy 60.2%

i try to turn on my laptop and get

winlogon.exe - unable to locate component

this application has failed to start because shell.dll was not found

press enter and then get

user interface failure msgina.dll failed to load

i would normaly use xp cd and reinstall but the one series dont have cd drives

i have had the problem since i used trojan remover and restarted the laptop, please help

A:acer aspire one laptop with xp home wont boot up

Welcome to TSF

Lets start here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00226733

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-one-laptop-with-xp-home-wont-boot-up-326107.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I'm hoping someone can give me a little help. Windows 10 needed to do a large update and I could'nt create enough space on the drive for this so I decided to do a system reset rather than uninstall everthing to create the space. As it stands now when powering on the logo screen comes on for a while then goes off and comes back on this loops indefinitely. So this is what I've tried:I can access the BIOS and have moved boot from USB FDD to the top because it made me feel betterCreated a windows 10 boot drive but it won't boot from it.Alt F10 takes me to recovery page which tells me its broke and required media is missingI can acces boot manager but the only option is to boot with windows boot managerAny help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Aspire E 11 wont boot past Acer logo

the first bootable device must be windows boot manager. if your windows 10 installation media is not booting, that means is not UEFI compatible. download the windows 10 iso file using the official Microsoft tool:http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 once done, use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive, use the settings in its website main page:rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US plug the USB to your laptop, press F12 at boot and choose the USB flash drive. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E-11-wont-boot-past-Acer-logo/td-p/464682
Relevancy 60.2%

After installing windows update's i got the bsod i tried doing a recovery but it didn't work. Now it wont even load the bios screen when i put it on!

Please Help

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5720-laptop-wont-boot-up-510697.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi can anyone help at all, my daughters laptop was working fine this morning but when she got in from school and turned it on it powers up, fan running ,can hear disk drive responding but thats it!! screen is blank, ive tried removing power source and holding the power button for 60 secs but still nothing any ideas???

A:acer aspire 5536 powers up but wont boot

Can you boot from a DVD or CD?

Can you get to the Windows boot menu (tap F8 on power on) or BIOS (or Setup; don't know what the key is for your machine)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5536-powers-up-but-wont-boot.937149/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello. My aspire 4752g wont boot after the bios update was interrupted. I just finished formatting my laptop and decided to reinstall the drivers but ended up i flashed the bios instead. As i was updating the bios, it stays in "blank screen" for quite a long time and i was so worried that i decided to force shutdown the laptop. When i try to boot it again, it stays in 'blank screen' with power indicator on and fan running. Are there any solution for my problem? Pls help me. Im using windows 7 home premium with 4GB x 2 sticks of RAM installed. Thank you in advance.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Aspire-4752G-wont-boot-after-a-fail-BIOS-update/td-p/462087
Relevancy 59.34%

Recently Ive had an issue where my V5 just shut off out of nowhere and would not boot up. I would do the battery reset, and sometimes it would work, other times it wouldnt. The times where I have been able to get it toboot up, I'd use it for a few minutes and then it would again randomly shut off. Now it seems to be stuck in a constant cycle of getting to the Acer screen,and shutting off. It will not get past this screen, and I cannot access the BIOS... computer will not stay on long enough. Battery is good and takes a full charge, cooling fan works, and I hear the HDD start to spin. Could it be a bad MB? Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-122p-0408-randomly-shuts-off-wont-boot/td-p/454867
Relevancy 59.34%

My computer was working fine until my anti virus scan popped up for its scheduled scanning i clicked scan and my computer crashed ! now it only turns on and reaches the acer logo but nothing else . how do i fix this?

A:My acer aspire 532h-2588 crashed and wont boot up!

Try holding down power button. Also see if you can get into Safe Mode. If that doesn't do it use Acer Recovery Disc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-acer-aspire-532h-2588-crashed-and-wont-boot-up-538253.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire 5733z-4851 that is 2 years old. Never have any problem with it until I tried to " Restore operating system but retain user data " now the Windows logo would show and try to start but then I would get this message "Windows could not complete installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart installation." I tried following directions that I got online but nothing seems to work! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5733z-4851-tried-to-restore-now-windows-7-wont-boot-739945.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Having problem boot Acer 7520 a bit of a problem with an Acer laptop yesterday it crashed to a white screen with bits of static on it almost like the graphics card had overheated I switched it off and left it for a while and now its refusing to boot up When you press the power button it begins booting and the Acer 7520 boot problem lights come on but after a couple of seconds it powers down then tries to start again It never gets far enough for the screen to come on and it will Acer 7520 boot problem keep doing this cycle until the power is unplugged and the battery is removed Ive tried the following without any luck Booting up with battery removed and power in vice versa - no effect Opening up the back and cleaning all the dust out of it - no effect Removed one of the two ram chips and tried booting then same with other - no effect removed both Ram chips and tried booting - no effect the fact that it isnt even complaining that there is no ram in it leads me to believe something in it is seriously messed up Re-seated hard disk - no effect Removing battery and unplugging from power and leaving overnight - no effect So its looking like its a dud but if anyone has any ideas for other stuff i can try i would be very grateful nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

i am going to clean install windows but i can't find my cd key (it's not on the cd) is there any way i can find it out now so i can re use it. also what info do i need to back up that i will need i.e. ip adress. and finally how do i back up the info i need without copying it down on paper
thanks

Relevancy 55.9%

How do I find out more about my video and sound cards? Like what kind they are, how many bits my sound card has, how many mb my video card has, etc.

Thanks

A:Help finding out info about my laptop

I like this cool little program AIDA32.
http://www.webattack.com/get/aida32.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-finding-out-info-about-my-laptop.234406/
Relevancy 55.9%

Does anyone know any good I.T. or technical support websites I can reference? I need several, if it's possible. Sorry for the short message.

A:I don't have a problem, I just need some help finding some info.

www.helponthe.net
www.wikipedia.org
www.google.com
www.tomshardware.com
www.newegg.com
www.pricewatch.com

Thats all I need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-dont-have-a-problem-i-just-need-some-help-finding-some-info.630212/
Relevancy 55.9%

i used to have a code that brought up all the info anbout sound cards mother board etc on my pc and i have been trying to find out what it is and im not having much luck, could anyone give me a hand please

thank you

p.s. if it helps it used to bring up a box with lots of tabs and held all the info about all hardware ont he system

A:finding out hardware info

download everest home here. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html it does exactly what you are talking about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-out-hardware-info.455692/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi i need to find out the bitrate, Hz and the type of file (e.g. mp3, ogg, acc etc)

Does anybody know an application that exists that will alow me to load a music file into it and in return it will display detailed information about the file.

OR does anybody know of a simple way of getting said info???

Any help would be great,

Thanks!

A:need help finding info on my music

In Windows XP, you can right click on the file and select properties. Click the summary tab, then click advanced.

In Windows Vista, the info will appear at the bottom of the explorer window.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-finding-info-on-my-music.76044/
Relevancy 55.9%

My FIL has a Packard Bell from like 1998. The model number is 925, but it doesn't give me a line it is from. For instance, back then I had a PB that was 486 from the Synera line. I have tried looking through each line for 925 and find NOTHING. I did find like Multimedia 945 that seems to have the same specs as my FIL's, but not sure if that memory would be compatible or if really a 925 exists and I read something wrong.....or SOMETHING!

Where in the heck can I find info on this piece of crud?? I went to the PB website (like in Europe) and those people on those boards told me that it was for OVERSEAS only. Nice.

HELP ME???? PLEASE???

A:Need help finding info on a computer!

This might be a place to start

Ray's Packard Bell Site

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-finding-info-on-a-computer.325480/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am goes after logo laptop during Acer black windows 7520 screen boot working on an Acer laptop that boots Acer 7520 laptop screen goes black after windows logo during boot normally except for the screen going blank after the windows loading logo in Windows It does the same when booting to a Windows install disc It gets past the initial screen when copying files and then goes blank When connected to a second monitor the monitor shows quot video out of range quot I tried booting to safe mode and vga mode with no luck on both monitors The system loads into windows desktop as I can hear the sounds and I can power down using the start menu blindly The display works fine in the system BIOS and during the initial boot from disc or hard drive I am thinking the internal video card is bad but want to explore other options before giving up So far I have Tested all hardware Cloned a drive from another machine with a good OS Tried both the original Windows Vista OS and a new copy of Windows from both CD and hard drive Booted to VGA mode and safe mode Reset BIOS to defaults Please help me get this stubborn laptop to boot normally nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

I had to reinstall xp, and I now have to reinstall alot of drivers. I need to get the Ethernet one 1st, but i have no idea what my ehternet card model # and everything is. I opened the pc up, but i can't determine anything. It's an asrock motherboard i think, I didnt know it needed a separate ethernet driver. That's what the support said at my isp when i called them for assistance on getting my pc connected.

A:Finding ethernet info and driver

Hi try the info here http://www.techsupportforum.com/f19/...rs-419050.html that should help if you have a problem with it please go to device manager then to the network controllers click on + to expand the view and right click on the device choose properties and go to the driver tab and from the drop down list choose hardware id's and post the info

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/finding-ethernet-info-and-driver-515278.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This question has irking me for a long time i usually dont need help but if anyone can give me some info it b appreciated Old Cdplayer information on cd labels and albums used to be stored in the editing CD & Saving info 4 WMP's Finding CDPlayer ini file in C windows or in a CDDB database I was always wondering where once a CD is inserted in to the drive and the information obtained from the internet about the contents Finding Saving & editing CD info 4 WMP's of an album Just where and how is this information stored Can it be obtained and edited and saved I ve used tracers and viewed dependencies and even looked at a few scripts for it but i always come up short If i re-OS my comp or add a new OS i lose this information I know this information is there because when i insert a CD the previously found info on the album recognizes the CD contents even if I m Offline Please solve this mystery for me this is mine and your info not windows this information should be available to the public and the personal computer user nbsp

A:Finding Saving & editing CD info 4 WMP's

I use QCD for my player. In it's main folder there is one called "CDDB" which contains the CDDB database file, cddb.db, which does not apear editable. CDex uses it's own in My Documents and, these ones can be opened with a text editor.

#FILENAME=a60c650c
# xmcd CD database file
#
# Track frame offsets:
# 150
# 21880
# 45150
# 68035
# 88462
# 110270
# 129382
# 146097
# 166460
# 184117
# 204755
# 222337
#
# Disc length: 3175 seconds
#
# Revision: 14
# Submitted via: Grip 3.3.1
#
DISCID=a60c650c
DTITLE=Jonny Lang / Wander This World
DYEAR=1998
DGENRE=Blues
TTITLE0=Still Rainin'
TTITLE1=Second Guessing
TTITLE2=I Am
TTITLE3=Breakin' Me
TTITLE4=Wander This World
TTITLE5=Walking Away
TTITLE6=The Levee
TTITLE7=Angel Of Mercy
TTITLE8=Right Back
TTITLE9=Leaving To Stay
TTITLE10=Before You Hit The Ground
TTITLE11=Cherry Red Wine
EXTD=LABEL = A&M Records, Inc.\nID = 3145409842\nUPC = 731454-0984-27\nCOPYRIGHT = 1998 YEAR: 1998
EXTT0=
EXTT1=
EXTT2=
EXTT3=
EXTT4=
EXTT5=
EXTT6=
EXTT7=
EXTT8=
EXTT9=
EXTT10=
EXTT11=
PLAYORDER=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/finding-saving-editing-cd-info-4-wmps.477532/
Relevancy 55.04%

The other day I safe in boot boot, centre wont wont load mode, wont repair Computer updated my laptop which is a Dell Inspiron R running Windows home premium when I updated the computer booted ok took longer than usual I restarted the laptop but this time it wouldn't boot up it came up with a black screen saying repair windows recommended or start windows normally I clicked repair windows it said searching for problems attempting repairs this took about an hour and a half but unfortunately did not resolve the issue I sent the error report to windows I restarted the laptop again attempted booting it in safe mode no luck and Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre the same other various options I can try but no luck they all just crashed the laptop and began restarting it tried repairing it again and this time it took my to a screen with various options like load backup open cmd and format my hard drive loading the backup did nothing and wasn't sure what to do with cmd so decided to part ways with my stuff and format the hard drive Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre I Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre did this and the laptop was formatted but the OS was still on the hard drive and it was like the first time I opened it all of my personal things were gone but win home premium was still there I set it back up again installed AVG anti virus etc downloaded a few movies ran fine the next day it said windows updates need installing so I did updates were made turned my laptop back on and again it was booting up and crashing followed the steps I mentioned before noting was working after messing around with it for an hour or so I finally got safe mode whilst in there I did an AVG scan alot of files seemed to be locked and AVG wasn't scanning them wasn't sure why AVG wouldn't scan them tried to undo my last update but when I followed win 's steps it would't allow me to turn on the windows centre thing it told me to turn on I wasn't sure what to do i thought maybe its a virus or maybe because I'm in safe mode anyway restarted it and continued crashing went to the repair centre and it searched for errors again found none so I formatted it like last time using the dell data recovery unit think that's the name of it formatted it again went through the processes when i did this last time the pc was ok and started normally like it was brand new booted it up but this time it kept crashing again and again safe mode wont open the repair centre just gets stuck on a blue screen every time I'm really stuck on what to do if anyone can help that would be great I've tried on other forums but got no help sadly and unfortunately don't have the Windows installation disk I would happily totally format the hard drive totally as I have other OS on other disks just not the windows one Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre

Hello there,

It seems like you did not perform a clean installation of Windows and that's why your system is acting up. 

Follow the steps below to install a new copy of Windows:

1. To format your hard disk during Windows 7 installation you will need to start or boot your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive. Insert your Windows 7 disc in your CD/DVD drive. Please note: will need to restart or turn on your system with the disc in the drive. 
2. After turning on your system with the CD in the drive go ahead and press any key when prompted during your computer post routine and then follow the instructions presented on screen. If you don’t see this go back to step 1 to setup your BIOS to boot from CD or USB flash drive depending on your installation media.
3. On the Install Windows page simply enter your preferences and click next.

4. Accept the Windows license agreement.

5. On the “Which type of installation do you want” page go ahead and choose the “Custom” option.

6. Select Drive options (advanced) on the “Where do you want to install Windows” page.

7.  Select the partition that you want to change, choose the formatting option you want to perform and then follow the instructions.
When allocating space choosing the default MB size for your drive is typically the best for most users since you want to take full advantage of all your disk space.

8. Click “Next” for the installation to proceed.

Hope this helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551378/computer-wont-boot-wont-boot-in-safe-mode-wont-load-repair-centre/
Relevancy 54.18%

Long story short. A friend was having a problem with BSOD's and loop booting on his spinner C drive. He runs out and get's a new SSD and re-installs W7 and life is much better now. The big issue is he had placed several critical project files on his spinners desktop without backing them up and he can't locate them now that the drive isn't the boot drive anymore. Does anyone here know where the desktop and it's info would reside? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Need help finding vital desktop info off a corrupted ex-C Drive

On the old drive C:\users\his user name\desktop?

Now maybe D:\users\his user name\desktop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/191756-need-help-finding-vital-desktop-info-off-corrupted-ex-c-drive.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Okay I own burned mixed CD s that I ripped using WMP These CD s have music from different artist that dont really have anything to do with each other So I sorted it all out into each what they are supposed to be Like Incubus here and Gorillaz there and all that but when I try to find the Album info for each of the songs WMP sees all the songs ripped as one single CD and wont let me find the album info for each song independently Say if I rip a previously burned CD that has Coldplay Cake Incubus The Doors Gorillaz ect and I try to find the Album info for just lets say quot Touch me quot by The Doors it will take all the songs from the ripped album and rename them to The Doors Album I was trying to find for just that one song So I will have a song called quot Light My Fire quot finding Album WMP 11 and CDs Burned with Ripping Info Prevously by The Doors but the song that will play will be something from one of the other bands It wont let me find the album info for just the one song without changing everything else that came from the same ripped CD It takes the whole ripped album even though its taken from multiple bands and thinks its all from the same album by the same band Is there any way to disable this So I can edit the songs Ripping Prevously Burned CDs with WMP 11 and finding Album Info and Have my Album info correct nbsp Ripping Prevously Burned CDs with WMP 11 and finding Album Info

A:Ripping Prevously Burned CDs with WMP 11 and finding Album Info

When WMP does a lookup it reads a database of existing commercial CDs. You can look up an individual track and it give you a list of albums that track is on and you pick one. So you can give a track the commercial CD info, if you want something other than that then you have to do it manually.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ripping-prevously-burned-cds-with-wmp-11-and-finding-album-info.605232/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an aspire notebook timeline x Aspire 1803 T Model # MS2296 , for some strange  reason my laptop stopped working with the power cord in and would not charge or show charging as if power cord was not plugged in , b4 I start repalcing parts , would like to know if anyone else can tell me is the battery gone or plug?? I have tried other plugs but not sure if they were compatible ,but same results as if not plugged in, please help as other then this it was working fine! running windows 7 , i3 processor , thank you for any help you can suggest!! JC

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-1803T-Need-info-will-this-run-while-plugged-in-if-battery/td-p/435215/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.6%

I am considering purchasing a desktop computer from amazon -- model: Acer Aspire ATC-780-UR61.  The general specs look good for a basic home/office computer but I am reluctant to buy because the computer doesn't seem to have any existence outside of Amazon. It's not offered for purchase anywhere else. There are no reviews by truly independent reviewers. The official Acer site offers very little information beyond add copy. There doesn't even seem to be an owners' manual beyond a general Aspire manual!  So, is this some sort of special model?  Any reason I might want to avoit it? Any opinions or insights appreciated.  Thanks much.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-ATC-780-UR61-any-info/td-p/463160
Relevancy 51.6%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files Analog Devices Ez C:\windows\temp\win***.tmp Info/www.error404site.com Files Antivirus Popups/ Finding Outer Errors Etrust In SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite caissdt exeC Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exeC PROGRA ICROSO alg exeC Program Files VideoMate ComproPVR ComproPVR exeC Program Files VideoMate ComproPVR Common Outer Info/www.error404site.com Popups/ Etrust Ez Antivirus Finding Errors In C:\windows\temp\win***.tmp Files ComproRemote exeC Program Files NETGEAR WG v Adapter wlancfg exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXEC Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exeC Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus VetMsg exec program files common files aol ee aim exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXEC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO CitiUSBrowserHelper Class - EDF - CF - -BC F- BE C - C WINDOWS system BhoCitUS dllO - BHO no name - f c d -b b - f -aa - fee c - C WINDOWS system hp tmpO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot trayO - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run CitiVAN C Program Files Citi Virtual Account Numbers CitiVAN exe dontopenmycardsO - HKLM Run CaISSDT quot C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite caissdt exe quot O - HKLM Run CaAvTray quot C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAVRID quot C Program Files CA eTrust Internet Security Suite eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe quot O - HKLM Run IPHSend C Program Files Common Files AOL IPHSend IPHSend exeO - HKCU Run Taua quot C PROGRA ICROSO alg exe quot -vt yazbO - HKCU Run Kzieewon C WINDOWS system ystem m hta exeO - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Global Startup ComproPVR Schedule lnk O - Global Startup ComproRemote lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Global Startup NETGEAR WG v Smart Configuration lnk C Program Files NETGEAR WG v Adapter wlancfg exeO - Global Startup TweakYC lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Citi - C - - b- D -F E - C Program Files Citi Virtual Account Numbers CitiVAN exeO - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Progr... Read more

A:Outer Info/www.error404site.com Popups/ Etrust Ez Antivirus Finding Errors In C:\windows\temp\win***.tmp Files

Hi mrc7928 and Welcome to the Bleeping Computer!First download ewido anti-spyware from HERE and save that file to your desktop.This is a 30 day trial of the programOnce you have downloaded ewido anti-spyware, locate the icon on the desktop and double-click it to launch the set up program.Once the setup is complete you will need run ewido and update the definition files.On the main screen select the icon "Update" then select the "Update now" link.Next select the "Start Update" button, the update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.Once the update has completed select the "Scanner" icon at the top of the screen, then select the "Settings" tab.Once in the Settings screen click on "Recommended actions" and then select "Quarantine".Under "Reports"Select "Automatically generate report after every scan"Un-Select "Only if threats were found"Close ewido anti-spyware, Do Not run a scan just yet, we will shortly.Download smitRem.exe ?noahdfear, and save the file to your desktop.Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan on your desktop (in Internet Explorer, right click on Panda ActiveScan link select "Copy Shortcut" then right click on your desktop and select "Paste Shortcut" or in FireFox right-click the link and select "Save Link As" and save it to your desktop).Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:Restart your computerAfter hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appearSelect the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.Open the smitRem folder, then double click the RunThis.bat file to start the tool. Follow the prompts on screen.Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.Lauch ewido-anti-spyware by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.Select the "Scanner" icon at the top and then the "Scan" tab then click on "Complete System Scan".ewido will now begin the scanning process, be patient this may take a little time.
Once the scan is complete do the following:If you have any infections you will prompted, then select "Apply all actions"Next select the "Reports" icon at the top.Select the "Save report as" button in the lower left hand of the screen and save it to a text file on your system (make sure to remember where you saved that file, this is important).Close out Ewido Anti-Spyware.IMPORTANT: Do not open any other windows or programs while ewido is scanning, it may interfere with the scanning proccess.Next go to Control Panel click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info" if present.Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut.Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button.A new window will open...click the Check Now button.Enter your CountryEnter your State/ProvinceEnter your e-mail address and click sendSelect either Home User or CompanyClick the big Scan Now buttonIf it wants to install an ActiveX component allow itIt will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)When the download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scanWhen the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.Post the contents of the Panda scan report, along with a new HijackThis Log, the contents of smitfiles.txt and the Ewido Log by using Add Reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57738/outer-infowwwerror404sitecom-popups-etrust-ez-antivirus-finding-errors-in-cwindowstempwintmp-files/
Relevancy 50.31%

So my co worker asked me to look at her laptop its a toshiba tecra m The boot keeps hanging up on the system file agp sys I went on the internet and the :/ wont agp440.sys complete on off hangs Windows wont disk boot boot and up found a windows xp pro disk to try and replace the system file using recovery After a learning how to add SATA drivers Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/ to the windows xp boot I was able to detect the hard drive and just before windows setup screen comes up the computer blue screens with a x B stop error I read that the battery could cause this so i carefully took apart the computer and replaced it with no change I put a windows disk in to see if i could use Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/ the recovery console in it and suprisingly it booted no problem i was able to use command prompt but with no idea what the problem is i have no idea what to do with it If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated Thanks for reading the problem hope someone has an idea any more info needed Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/ just ask thanks

A:Windows wont boot hangs up on agp440.sys and wont complete boot off the disk :/

Info on 7B STOP errors...http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htm, scroll down to 7B in left column.

IMO, you have compounded the situation by using a "downloaded" version of Windows, since I suspect that such may contain embedded malware as part of the package.

Any number of things may have caused the initial hang, as you can see by reading the data at the Aumha website.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/299638/windows-wont-boot-hangs-up-on-agp440sys-and-wont-complete-boot-off-the-disk/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi im trying to install a bootable usb to install a dfi bios.
i did go into cmd and clean assign primary partition with diskpart.
im also using hp tool.
problem is with the hp tool it ask to do this -
"Then please go to ?using DOS system files? column and add the link to where you stored the unzipped DOS boot up files. "
so my question is , where can i get the "dos boot up files" for vista64?
with the hp tool i need to locate the dos boot file address . so how do i do that?
do i have to download vista64 boot files?
every google links explains how to do this with xp . couldnt find any for vista. makes me feel like im the only person on the planet using vista.
im using corair voyager 4gb gt. and vista64. again im using vista not xp.
thanks.

A:need help finding vista boot files for usb boot disk

Originally Posted by adya

hi im trying to install a bootable usb to install a dfi bios.
"Then please go to ?using DOS system files? column and add the link to where you stored the unzipped DOS boot up files. "
so my question is , where can i get the "dos boot up files" for vista64?
with the hp tool i need to locate the dos boot file address . so how do i do that?
do i have to download vista64 boot files?

Hi adya,

Vista does not use any dos boot files, you will need to find xp ones for this purpose...I also doubt you can properly update your bios using a USB drive as this is highly unsupported and untested, It would be better to use a floppy disk but you should have access to a windows based bios flash program, check your motherboard manufacturer website as they usually have one available

Steven

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/178363-need-help-finding-vista-boot-files-usb-boot-disk.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Gateway P- Laptop computer that had a failing hard drive in which I successfully replaced with a sp2 Vista wont with PXE-E76 Gateway start SSD finding not laptop Crucial SSD then recovered the factory Windows Vista from the recovery partition then applied all the updates to bring it up to SP- and reinstalled my programs including some that will only run on bit machines like AmiPro It has been running flawlessly since then as I keep it healthy with Malwarebytes Pro and System Mechanic So it had no malware on it and was running fine through August But when I tried to start Gateway laptop with SSD not finding Vista sp2 wont start PXE-E76 it on August it got only to the black screen with the cursor in the middle and stayed that way forever instead of bringing up the Windows icon and password dialog Pressing the start button would shut it down after about seconds Starting it with PF would bring up the repair choices but Windows would not come up in Safe mode either nor would command prompt or directory services The Repair Computer option would allow me to access the Gateway System Recovery Options screen showing the following choices startup repair system restore Windows complete PC restore Windows Memory diagnostic tool command prompt and recovery manager Startup repair ran through several tests all of which came back with code x then quot boot status indicates that the OS booted successfully quot and quot Startup Repair could not detect a problem quot System Restore didn't do anything The Memory diagnostic tool ran successfully When I try to startup with PF it shows whats happening quickly and the Error PXE-E flashes by quot Bad or missing multicast discovery address quot Then PXE-M F quot Exiting PXE-ROM quot I tried changing the start device order in the BIOS to no avail It seems like the link to the part of the strartup routine that puts up the Windows icon and the signon dialog is lost If all else fails it appears that I'll have to bite the bullet and do a recovery from the recovery partition saving data but putting Vista back to status then have to update to SP again I'm hoping there's something easier than that long process I would appreciate any assistance with this problem Thanks ralphyde

A:Gateway laptop with SSD not finding Vista sp2 wont start PXE-E76

Might be worth double checking the drive is still properly seated.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/302994-gateway-laptop-ssd-not-finding-vista-sp2-wont-start-pxe-e76.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This happen after when i ignored a AVG update as im working in middle of spreadsheet which need to be done in this week and when i tried to copy and paste and the laptop were freeze and wont let me able do anything so i press "off" button to shut thing quick rather as i set my off button to hibernation mode.

When i turn on, The acer logo show then blank page. Tried pressig F8 to go Last Known Good Config and still the blank page. Also with Safe Mode. Blank page!!!

I perfer if you can change your method if i need to insert CD as it's netbook and it dont have CD drive and also i have blank USB ready to add for booting.

Thanks for any help in advance

Relevancy 47.3%

I'm unsure if this is the correct place but here goes:
I recently formatted my system [2 weeks ago] & just now noticed that when I open a folder containing MP3's, the ID3 tag info [artist & album title] doesn't show when I've set my 'view' to Tiles.

Even in Details view it's the same. I never noticed this until now so I can't confirm it's been happening all along but I can't see what would suddenly cause this.

My only possible clue is that I used the command prompt to disable media & picture previews from loading (regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll & regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll) since it was causing explorer to crash whenever I opened a folder containing videos.

I'd be very grateful if someone could offer any suggestion as to how I can fix this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-wont-load-id3-tag-info-461668.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello, new to the forums and having a problem with WMP11 in Windows XP. I am trying to go digital with my album collection and am ripping the cd in WMP. However, when I insert the CD, it says album artist song are all unknown. I can right click and go to find album info and it updates fine that way. But I would like it to update automatically, obviously, so I can just pop em in and let it go.

I have gone into 'More Option' > 'Privacy' and checked 'update music files by retrieving media info from the internet'. and the 'Library' tab and clicked 'Retrieve additional information from the internet' and 'Rename Music files using Rip music setting'.

I am not sure what to do from here. Thanks in advance for any help.

- Scott

A:WMP 11 wont auto update ablum info

http://www.vista4beginners.com/Add-album-art-update-album-information

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/wi.../howto/mp11/library.aspx#AddItemstotheLibrary

check monitor folders is enable

small chance your firewall is blocking it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wmp-11-wont-auto-update-ablum-info.936030/
Relevancy 46.44%

Whenever I try to put any disk whether it be a CD or a DVD it wont be read. When I insert a disk into the tray and then press the button to have the tray slide back into the computer it spins for roughly five seconds gives a single beep and then repeats three of four times and beeps one more time right before the disk tray comes out. Please help I can not use so many DVD/CD products I've bought recently and its just a large inconvenience.
Thank you in advance.

-Frank

A:My computer wont detect disks *more info in thread*

Welcome Frank,

CD/DVD drives are pretty cheap these days, and pretty cheaply built in most cases. It has probably failed and needs to be replaced. If you have access to one you could borrow and try out, this would confirm it for you. A new CD/DVD drive is about $20 CDN, probably cheaper in the states. As long as this isn't a laptop we're talking about, then they're more expensive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360551-my-computer-wont-detect-disks-more-info-thread.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Yeah I info to XP Windows reverts wont screen load and know crap explaination Ok My gorgeous girlfriend has quite an old tower system and it is Windows XP wont load and reverts to info screen running windows XP home edition It has recently refused to load up to the desktop screen This is the sequence of events - You turn on the computer and various screens pop up with geeky information then the windows XP logo appears with the loading bar This then disappears and a black screen appears with various information regarding the computer Its says WINDOWS DID NOT START PROPERLY SUCESSFULLY A RECENT HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE CHANGE MIGHT OF CAUSED THIS The options that are available are - SAFE MODE SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING SAFE MODE WITH COMMAND PROMT LAST KNOWN GOOD CONFIGURATION WHICH MOST RECENT SETTINGS THAT WORKED Windows XP wont load and reverts to info screen START WINDOWS NORMALLY If you leave the screen and don't select any of the above the computer just keeps going round in circles and ending up at the screen above SAFE MODE SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING amp LAST KNOW CONFIGURATION POINT just do the same when selected The SAFE MODE WITH COMMAND PROMPT takes you to a colourful screen with separate menus These options are out of my league Please help as this problem needs sorting and she has a lot of course work she doesn't want to lose It would be most appreciated Cheers

A:Windows XP wont load and reverts to info screen

Was there any new hardware or software installed recently?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?  You weren't clear on this.

Do you have the installation disc for the operating system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508104/windows-xp-wont-load-and-reverts-to-info-screen/
Relevancy 46.01%

forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/1063103-cannot-login-any-accounts-normally.html#post8445333
Please go to this post for my problem as it has my dumps
If uou have any questions I can still boot to safe mode qith command prompt

A:Win xp wont login after directx install will give all info needed

please do not start new posts for the same problem

I will close this post

you also need to provide an answer to Frank4d on the post re - age of dumps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-wont-login-after-directx-install-will-give-all-info-needed.1065766/
Relevancy 46.01%

I only got the computer 2 days ago, i have barely used it but today i unplugged a usb stick to plug in my phone wire so i could charge my phone. But as soon as i plugged it in the screen and whole computer turned off and wouldnt turn back on. I have tried unplugging and replugging in everything and i have left it for a few hours to rest but it still wont turn on

A:My new aspire Z wont turn on!

Any LED or light appears when you connect the power cable and press the power button? if so...give Acer support service a call.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/My-new-aspire-Z-wont-turn-on/td-p/424100/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 45.58%

I am unable to boot up my computer, it is coming up with missing or corrupt file
<windows root>\system32\hal.dll
We have tried to boot in safe mode, tried a system restore, nothing works. I am obviously not using my computer, so please respond to this email address,
[email protected], or [email protected]
Thank you

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there I just want to ask some questions. Im having a problem with my aspire switch 10E. Last night i tried to reset my device. My OS is Windows 10 Home. And now it wont turn on. Ive read some articles about doing the press and hold the power button and it still wont turn on. I even performed it with the volume button and it still has the same result. Sometimes it will turn on then afterwards it will just froze to a grayish screen, Most of the the time its just a light indicator but im having a black screen. There was one instance where it showed the Acer logo so i tried pressing the F2 button but to no avail it will just come back to black screen. What can I do to fix the problem? Thanks

A:Aspire Switch 10 E wont turn on

power + volume UP with AC charger connectedsometimes you need to keep pressing both for about 30-40 seconds and this must be done with no LED light on on power button before pressing both buttons. this normally let you boot to BIOS and then exit to windows boot.if you are able to enter BIOS but not windows, maybe you can try to create a windows 10 bootable media and try boot from it:.here you can download and then create a windows 10 USB bootable media:https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Aspire-Switch-10-E-wont-turn-on/td-p/409914/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 45.58%

my acer aspire 1 will not start normally. i push the power butten but *** soon as it gets done with the aspire section itll go to the black and wight screen and say: we apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully. a recent... i have tried safe mode, safe mode with network, safe mode with comand pront and every other option but all that happens is it shows the blue screen for like half a second then itll restart and the whole proccess is started again. PLEASE HELP!!:4-dontkno

A:my acer aspire one wont start normally

Hi efrain. Welcome to TSF!

Do you have your XP system CD? If so, try booting with it and select REPAIR when you get that option. That will bring you to the Recovery Console. When you get to the command window prompt, type "fixboot" and then "fixmbr" and then type "exit". Try rebooting your system and see if that works for you.

Good day!

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-acer-aspire-one-wont-start-normally-571878.html
Relevancy 45.58%

my aspire 6930 will come on only for a second or two then turns back off . new battery any help would be appreciated

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/aspire-6930-wont-start/td-p/453621
Relevancy 45.58%

my aspire 6930 will come on only for a second or two then turns back off . new battery any help would be appreciated

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/aspire-6930-wont-start/td-p/453621
Relevancy 45.15%

On April I started getting browser popups to sites Amazon Mate PC boot won't after av.exe restart finding after and others I ran a full scan using Avira free installed months ago and updated daily It found only one thing which I quarantined The next day I started getting Antivirus XP popups with scans Having just run a full Avira scan the day before and being a popup I knew it was BS So I checked PC won't boot after restart after finding av.exe Task Manager and saw av exe and ave exe I tried to kill the processes but I was denied access I tried to run Avira but it wouldn t come up Neither would Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware So I tried to reboot the machine deciding I would load safe mode to see if I could have better luck there Now the machine won t boot at all It says Windows didn t start properly and gives me these options start normally start last known good config or various safe mode options All of them get to mup sys and reboot a second later I can t get to windows desktop at all I created and tried a Win XP Pro install disk with SP slipstreamed in to repair it but to no effect In fact during the install process Antivirus XP popups started showing up as soon as the graphical UI loaded I ve read several threads on this forum discussing the use of tools like OTLPE OTL GMER and DDS I have also read the warnings not to use these unsupervised so have not attempted anything myself My machine has Windows XP Pro a ghz Intel core duo with MB of ram and two hard disks I have access to several clean machines and am able to burn CD ISOs but not DVDs until I fix the machine that is broken At this point the only thing I have done is download OTLPE and burn an ISO disk My background I do software QA for a living and have been building PCs and using DOS and windows for years so I m no luddite On the otherhand I m not an O S engineer or security specialist so something like this is a bit beyond me Until I stumbled on this site my plan was to back up my data using Knoppix reformat and reinstall however there s a lot of apps photos docs and other data on these drives so it would be days of work to rebuild it Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide

A:PC won't boot after restart after finding av.exe

Hi,

As you have made an OTLPE boot disk lets try booting with it:
Reboot the infected system using the boot CD you just created.
Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
Your system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.
you will find an icon on the desktop called OTLPE > Double-click on the OTLPE icon.
When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select Yes
When asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scanning", select Yes
Ensure the box "Automatically Load All Remaining Users" is checked and press OK
OTL should now start. Change the following settingsChange Drivers to Safe List
Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
/md5start
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
nvata.sys
iastorv.sys
/md5stop

Press Run Scan to start the scan.
When finished, the file will be saved**in drive C:\OTL.txt
Copy this file to your USB drive if you do not have internet connection on this system
Please post the contents of the C:\OTL.txt file in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/pc-wont-boot-after-restart-after-finding-av-exe-475011.html
Relevancy 45.15%

it keeps getting stuck mid boot, it wont work in start up repair or safe mode. 

before this happened I got two bluescreens earlier in the day. 

I have gotten blue screens before but nothing were I couldn't boot my computer. 

Thank you in advance

last known good config won't work either. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623127/windows-7-wont-boot-wont-boot-in-safe-mode-or-repair-mode/
Relevancy 45.15%

Last night I updated windows 8.1 from windows 8.
It got to the stage where it needs to restart so it done that started the configarations and once it reached 100% it restarted.

Since then what happens is when i press power on the samsung logo comes on the screen then the black screen with the windows picture then the bsod comes up for around half a second and it restarts. then it constantly does this.

The whole cycle only takes a few seconds.

Ive tried booting in safe mode but this isnt working so I downloaded kav rescue on another computer and saved it on a flash drive, But it wont boot off this either.

Any ideas?

A:Windows wont start after 8.1 update wont boot in safe mode

What does the BSOD state? Most times it is a driver issue with the Display drivers. Other times it is hardware.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46169-windows-wont-start-after-8-1-update-wont-boot-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello Today I noticed that I could not open my start menu with neither the windows button ctrl esc menu various and problems other wont mode appear wont Start boot, Safe or a click of the mouse I've also had a problem the last couple of days saving opening Safe mode wont boot, Start menu wont appear and various other problems files in one of the programs I used to make music I tried to go into safe mode to do system restore but the safe mode didn't boot It scrolled all the system files on the screen but then just stopped and nothing happened So I tried the other option forget what it's called that lets you perform various other system restoration tasks I brought up the system restore screen from there but got an error that said something about corrupt files so it could not perform the restore I checked again and all my restore points had been deleted Lastly when I click computer all the drives are blank with no names Safe mode wont boot, Start menu wont appear and various other problems beside them only the icons I can still click them and they seem to be functioning normally so I don't know if there is a relation to this I don't know if some registry files were deleted or if there Safe mode wont boot, Start menu wont appear and various other problems is some other problem I didn't notice the start menu safe mode blank icon issues until I just recently installed the latest windows update Sorry if this seemed a little long winded but I would appreciate help from anyone Thanks adub b

A:Safe mode wont boot, Start menu wont appear and various other problems

Hi -

Try a repair/ install - http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/safe-mode-wont-boot-start-menu-wont-appear-and-various-other-problems-536176.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok it all started when i was dloading a program to make windows setups msi Then i decided i didnt like it and uninstalled it After Cant display Monitor boot, safe Windows wont picture. access wont mode tht was done I decided i was going to stick with Inno Setup I have used it before and liked it But then i noticed all or most of my desktop icons were missing And all the start menu ientries were missing So Windows wont boot, Monitor wont display picture. Cant access safe mode i figured i had a virus SO i went to do a system resotre But found that i oculdnt find it due to to missing folders So i decided i would then try to boot into safe mode When i tried to boot it said it cannot find a file same with normal mode Ubfortunely i dont remember what it said I think it said windows cannot find NRDL press ctrl alt delete to reboot or somthing like that Any ways i tried a few more times and it all failied SO then i tried the Windows wont boot, Monitor wont display picture. Cant access safe mode windows recovery console Nothing I really didnt know whre to go with it Then i decied to go into the bios and reset Or i thought i was resseting them I seleteced quot fails proof settings quot But then Windows wont boot, Monitor wont display picture. Cant access safe mode i rebooted and things got worse My monitor is now getting no signal it says it is ocnnected though So i cant see what i am doing Please any ideas I have a Programming project that i have been working on for months now i dont wanna lose that And a Lang arts project I am very computer savvy but i have tried everything and yes i tried a differ monitor No Dice Specs Xp Home Nvidia TC amd Standard Monitro Plese help i need my computer i cant go on without it -T nbsp

A:Windows wont boot, Monitor wont display picture. Cant access safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-boot-monitor-wont-display-picture-cant-access-safe-mode.422353/
Relevancy 44.72%

When I save a file it goes to destination file although when I open it(in new window), it is blank.........hummm anyone know what's wrong!  Acer Aspire Z3-605.......thanks

A:Aspire, wont show saved file

What type of file is it? It usually says the file type after the file. For example:

If I solved your problem, please click "accept as solution." If you found my post helpful, please click Kudos. it only takes a second, and I would really appreciate it! Thanks!-PMiner

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-wont-show-saved-file/td-p/462262
Relevancy 44.72%

Just got home with a new Acer Aspire with a matshita dvd ram uj-85js.

Tray wont open, either by pressing the eject button or by going to
'my compute'r and selecting 'eject'.

I assume there is no disc in the tray as the machine is new.

Note that this unit has no paperclip pinhole.

Any advice appreciated.

Natty.

Relevancy 44.72%

I picked up an Aspire E15 Start (ES1-512-C96S) on 4-23-15. I havent done much excpet download iTunes and OpenOffice.  I have put a audio CD and a DVD into it and nothing is being read. I hear the motor spin yet nothing appears on laptop (no info of any kind). So am I missing a driver software or have i need to activate a driver software?

A:aspire es1-512-c96s cd drive wont read, out of box...

do a quick test, download IMGBurn, it's a cd/dvd burn free software:http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download&with a CD/DVD on your drive, try to create a disk image (iso), if it fails it will popup a log.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/aspire-es1-512-c96s-cd-drive-wont-read-out-of-box-since-4-23-15/td-p/358107/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello all been using this desktop acer aspire m7720 intel i7 cor for awhile but all suddent it wont start when i press the power button i could here it start for half second and shuts down so each time when i press power to start the fan starts for half second and nothing els happens
i have changed the power supply re checked the ram
do not know what to do any helpplease

Relevancy 44.72%

I have an Acer Aspire R3-131T just bought. It says i own app's but when I go to install the app's it just says working and never installs. Am I doing something wrong, do I need to be doing somethinng else first

A:i have an Acer Aspire R3-131T just bought, it wont...

I'm not really sure what you mean by "It says i own app's".What apps are you trying to install?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/i-have-an-Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-just-bought-it-wont-let-me-install/td-p/438012/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I'm New here. I have an Acer Aspire xc-603g and it wont start at all. I boght a new Power supply, change the Power cable and check the turn on button, but it still completely dead.

A:Hi, I'm New here. Acer Aspire xc-603g wont start a...

Any working LED on the motherboard?check if the Power supply has a switch to flick too.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Hi-I-m-New-here-Acer-Aspire-xc-603g-wont-start-at-all/td-p/467152
Relevancy 44.72%

I picked up an Aspire E15 Start (ES1-512-C96S) on 4-23-15. I havent done much excpet download iTunes and OpenOffice.  I have put a audio CD and a DVD into it and nothing is being read. I hear the motor spin yet nothing appears on laptop (no info of any kind). So am I missing a driver software or have i need to activate a driver software?

A:aspire es1-512-c96s cd drive wont read, out of box...

do a quick test, download IMGBurn, it's a cd/dvd burn free software:http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download&with a CD/DVD on your drive, try to create a disk image (iso), if it fails it will popup a log.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/aspire-es1-512-c96s-cd-drive-wont-read-out-of-box-since-4-23-15/td-p/358107
Relevancy 44.72%

my laptop was working just fine yesterday and then it froze so I restarted it. Once it shut down and powered back on the screen stayed black. I do see 2 lil lights 1 blue and 1 orange and when I press the power button it shuts off but nothing from the screen. Please help. Thank you

Relevancy 44.72%

I just received the Aspire E15 today, and there are 2 major issues. First, it is supposed to have 500 GB and from what we can tell, it only has 28.5. The second is that windows 10 wont activate. I have tried to contact support at phone number and email, but i have not received any response. Need help ASAP!!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/New-Refurbished-Aspire-E15-Windows-10-Wont-Activate-amp-Only-has/td-p/433345/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an Acer Aspire R3-131T just bought. It says i own app's but when I go to install the app's it just says working and never installs. Am I doing something wrong, do I need to be doing somethinng else first

A:i have an Acer Aspire R3-131T just bought, it wont...

I'm not really sure what you mean by "It says i own app's".What apps are you trying to install?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/i-have-an-Acer-Aspire-R3-131T-just-bought-it-wont-let-me-install/td-p/438012
Relevancy 44.72%

hey whats yall Look i got a an acer Apire 4540 and randomly my mic stop working it was working properly until then all i hear is noise and not hear my voice if yall able to help me to get thru this problem i will much appreciated!!!!

ChicoGfx

A:Mic wont work on my Acer Aspire 4540 need help please????

Welcome to SF!

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before the troubles began.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/120436-mic-wont-work-my-acer-aspire-4540-need-help-please.html