Windows Support Forum

Purchased 3 years warranty; laptop/account showing as out of warranty after 2 years

Q: Purchased 3 years warranty; laptop/account showing as out of warranty after 2 years

As the title suggests - my invoice specifically says 3yrs warranty was purchased with my M3800 in November 2014. I'm now showing as out of warranty after 2yrs
I'm having issues with a screen that was replaced in May/June 2016 and would like a replacement as I believe the unit is faulty. Please can you get in touch to resolve.
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997367
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Purchased 3 years warranty; laptop/account showing as out of warranty after 2 years

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 111.37%

sir hi actually i bought my lappi last year in the month of may 25th and since i was in last year of my collage i did not bother  to extend becouse of money issue. can i extend the warranty of the lapptop now ??pls help and if yes then what all the procedure i need to follow. ?  w/w  aayan akash. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/can-extend-the-warranty-HP-laptop-warranty-got-expired-which/td-p/5780150
Relevancy 106.21%

I was wondering how do people decide to purchase ADP service for Yoga X nbsp Does Lenovo have good APD protection When I see their terms and condition in agreement It is very ambiguous nbsp ex What this agreement does not cover B Damage or Alteration from intentional misuse modification unsuitable physical or operating environment improper maintence nbsp Some of purchased you X1 Have your Yoga? warranty ADP for horror cases Have you purchased ADP warranty for your X1 Yoga? I have check from websites and community were nbsp -Depot service center delay fix or replacement no supervisor action so customer has to come to community website for help moderator from Lenovo delayed period was - months nbsp nbsp - Unsuitable physical or operating environment can be basically nbsp applied to ANY case Some people complained the denial of ADP service due to the accident that happened in this follow situtations Using laptop other than the desk not suitable operating environment - nbsp what about convertible table like Yoga x Something is dropped to the laptop - if the accident is not fall or drop itself automatic intentional damage Based on web search I don't really see people who got ADP support and giving review about it nbsp So I asked sales chat support but sale support's definition of unsuitable physical or operating environment is only fire flood case nbsp laptop can be used in work ourdoor environment Just by seeing unsuitable physical or operating environment how can customers become cautious nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Have-you-purchased-ADP-warranty-for-your-X1-Yoga/td-p/3348957
Relevancy 104.06%

The hard drive failed completly nbsp It belongs to an older couple so they did not create recovery media nbsp I used the support portal and entered the serial number to give me the option to order the correct recovery media for this specific computer nbsp I have done this many times without issue nbsp Following the instructions included leads me to this error The system recovery media does not support this computer media out for Purchased warranty Pavilion of recovery All-in... nbsp You are not able to restore this Purchased recovery media for out of warranty Pavilion All-in... system with Purchased recovery media for out of warranty Pavilion All-in... the media nbsp My question who do I contact to ask what is wrong with the media and if they can send the correct media nbsp nbsp When purchasing it I received an email of confirmation that only gave me links to HP support nbsp When looking at the support information they want to charge me for the call when their media which I just purchased is the problem nbsp I double checked they were provided the correct serials and model numbers by me

A:Purchased recovery media for out of warranty Pavilion All-in...

Brian, I have requested that someone take a look at your request. If HP responds, you will see a Post notice here with specific instructions meant to assist and also keep your private information safe. When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Purchased-recovery-media-for-out-of-warranty-Pavilion-All-in/td-p/5707097
Relevancy 101.91%

Hello all nbsp nbsp I have just recieved the HP Spectre X - DX purchased from nbsp http www adorama com IHPL Q UAR htmland I wanted to ask a few questions Refurbished Warranty Spectre Purchased Cove... x360 HP Recently about what kind of things are covered in the Refurbished day HP warranty nbsp nbsp I nbsp understand it's a used device Recently Purchased Refurbished HP Spectre x360 Warranty Cove... but are any sort of dents scratches covered under the warranty There are a couple scratches on the screen which you can't really notice when the screen's on but when it's off you can easily see them There are a couple knicks on the sides and small dents on the underside Nothing major certainly something I can live with nbsp but I Recently Purchased Refurbished HP Spectre x360 Warranty Cove... was just curious nbsp nbsp I have noticed there seems to be a dead pixel on the screen as well is there anything I can do about that nbsp nbsp And then for some reason the fan is running considerably loud louder than my old dv that have running right next to it I don't know if that's a malfunction in the fan itself or that's just how it runs nbsp nbsp My last question problem that I'm experiencing is with the hinge itself it seems very loose in that whenever I lightly place the laptop on my lap the screen simply falls down it doesn't seem to have any rigidness to it Even when placed on a table for exaple using the touch screen can be quite annoying as it tends to bounce around on my every touch Is there a way I can tighten this nbsp nbsp I figured since I was buying refurbished all the problems would be worked out but it doesn't seem to be that way nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Recently Purchased Refurbished HP Spectre x360 Warranty Cove...

Hi @Aed97? ,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I would contact the seller as there seems to be an issue with the system. If that does not help, please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detectStep 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.They will be happy to assist you immediately. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Recently-Purchased-Refurbished-HP-Spectre-x360-Warranty/td-p/5173425
Relevancy 99.76%

sir service engineer told me that your ram socket burns due to heat or power fluctuation  and so we have to change your motherboard for that and this is not covered in your warranty. i have adp warranty .So can i arugu with them in these conditions  ?Is warranty doesnot cover issue due to power fluctuation , which cover accidental protection, too ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-adp-warranty-and-standard-warranty-doesnot-cover-issue/td-p/5835196
Relevancy 95.89%

Have what appears to be a corrupt registry and windows will not go past the Logo. In an attempt to correct I went to do a system restore and the most recent restore point is over 4 years old. Any ideas as to what's up with that and what if any solution there is. And yes I have check the show more restore order and nothing changed. 5 restore points showing up 7/24/11 and 7/25/11

TIA

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/379721-restore-points-4-years-old-nothing-resent-showing-up.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi, My laptop's manufacturer warranty has expired on January 24 2016. Can I buy extend warranty for my lappy??  

A:Can I extend the warranty after its manufacture warranty has...

Hello, If unit doesn't have any issues right now, yes you can extend the warranty. if there is any issue with the laptop then after repair you can extend the warranty  #hpexpertday

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-I-extend-the-warranty-after-its-manufacture-warranty-has/td-p/5628410
Relevancy 93.74%

DEAR SIR/MAM,                                 I JUST BOUGHT HP 15 117TX ON 8 JULY 2016 THROUGH PAY TM.I CHECKED ON PAY TM SITE IT WAS SHOWING ONE YEAR FULL WARRANTY,BUT NOW I CHECKED THROUGH HP THAT ONLY 3 MONTHS WARRANTY LEFT.IT IS SHOWING AS A USED LAPTOP FROM 25AUGUST 2015.                             SO PLS CONSIDER THIS REQUEST AND SOLVE THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE BY REPLACING THIS OR REFUNDING MY AMOUNT.ITS A HUMBLE REQUEST YOU TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE ASAP.

A:SHOWING WRONG WARRANTY

@VIRENDECENT

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/SHOWING-WRONG-WARRANTY/td-p/5702985
Relevancy 93.74%

How is it possible for my facebook account to be reactivated after years of being closed? I just received 2 updates from people out of the blue in years since I closed my account. WTF does facebook just keep people account info for kicks after requesting it be deleted? How is this possible?

A:What the heck facebook? Account reopened after years of being closed?

I had to create a FB account once for the sole purpose of attending a photography competition whereby you were supposed to publish your stuff via FB.

So I restarted my machine, rebooted my router to get a new IP, cleaned stuff with ccleaner.

Then I made a burner e-mail with no ties or hints about myself.
In the Facebook form, I provided as much gibbrish data as I could. Different password, different username. Burner e-mail. Published absolutely nothing.

First login - lo and behold: "people you may know" - a former work colleague from years ago staring at me from the screen.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

https://hardforum.com/threads/what-the-heck-facebook-account-reopened-after-years-of-being-closed.1873260/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello, I have bought this HP 15 Notebook (product no. N4G35PA#ACJ) from Flipkart.com on 18th march 2016. As per the invoice/purchse date (18-03-2016) and product description (1 year warranty) the warranty should end in 24 March 2016. But I can see (on 16-05-2016) in the HP support assistant window that it is showing "Warranty and services remaining for 8 months". It means I get only 10 months warranty on the product and not 12 months. I registered my product as soon as I received and started using it in March 2016. I donýt understand why it is showing like this. And what do I need to do to rectify the warranty information. Please suggest ASAP. 

A:Warranty Duration showing 10 months

@RoyMoon

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Warranty-Duration-showing-10-months/td-p/5621777
Relevancy 92.45%

This seems to be a common problem:I bought a HP 250 G4 notebook on 5.4.16 but the warranty date shown on my computer ends 16.2.17 so this is incoorect.Product number shown on th screen is: T6P47EA#ABU.Can someone from HP please contact me to get this changed.I have the invoice.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Incorrect-warranty-date-showing/td-p/5618463
Relevancy 91.59%

warranty showing start date 08/01/2016 and end date as the same date 08/01/2016 i only purchased the pc 08/01/2016

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/showing-warranty-expired-i-have-7-months-left/td-p/5641683
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi,
1) I had purchased a Dell XPS 15 (9550) in Singapore on 19th March 2016
And bought an extended warranty of 2 years (1+2) on the same day from
Dell Global B.V. (Singapore Branch)
Funan Digital Life Mall
Dell Direct Store Funan
109 North Bridge Road #30-26
Singapore 1790972) I bought the laptop on 19th March'16
But the warranty on Dell>My Account shows start from 13th March'16

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19976442
Relevancy 90.3%

My laptop was stored for 2 years. I brought it to the library for wifi. I received messages of viruses. Is this possible when it hadn't been used? I couldn't get to my email so I gave up. Today I tried again at home and first all pop ups were jumbo but couldn't navigate. Now trying to use safe mode my arrows don't navigate and all text runs fast an I can't click on anything.
I can't sign in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-not-used-for-2-years.1168914/
Relevancy 89.01%

First I laptop a 2 Updating after years! must say English is not my mother-tongue So I m sorry for any spelling mistakes I may do I also needed to translate the error s text to English as my system doesn t run in English so it will not be written as it would in an English running system I found my sister s laptop Updating a laptop after 2 years! windows Updating a laptop after 2 years! vista home basic which wasn t in use for the last years She thought it was broken but I realized it was infected by viruses it crashed to quot the blue screen of death quot after one minute of use So I lunched it in quot safe mod quot and used the AVG anti-virus to clean it as much as AVG could Apparently it was good enough to lunch the computer normally Now with internet connection I downloaded NOD anti-virus updated it and cleaned more infected files also I used malwarebytes anti-malware Now the computer is completely clean so please don t advice my on the cleaning viruses matter Now to real problem I can t update the windows vista re-installing it is not an option because I don t have the installation disk When I try the quot check for new update quot button in quot windows update quot it says it can t check for new update because the service isn t factional and that I may need to the restart the computer I looked for help in the Microsoft site and was told that I need to update my service pack I have service pack on the computer but the latest version is service pack I downloaded it ant tried to install it but it failed saying a system error prevented the installation and asked me to download and use the quot check for system update readiness quot tool I did so but the installation failed saying that the software isn t compatible with the system I tried to the update my system with quot driver booster quot but it didn t help with the windows update What should I do Is there any way to manually downloading and installing the update nbsp

A:Updating a laptop after 2 years!

I found my sister's laptop (windows vista home basic) Click to expand...

What's the brand name and model name and model number of that laptop?

which wasn't in use for the last 2 years. She thought it was broken, but I realized it was infected by viruses (it crashed to "the blue screen of death" after one minute of use).Click to expand...

If it hasn't been used in at least 2 years and it's infected and has other issues, a clean reinstall of Windows and getting a fresh start with it may be the best option.

I have service pack 1 on the computer Click to expand...

Service Pack 2(SP2) for Windows Vista was released in May 2009, so that laptop is in a very outdated condition.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-a-laptop-after-2-years.1108536/
Relevancy 88.15%

I got it's behaving old is My laptop already 2-month 7 like old years my My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old HP Pavilion in October as a birthday present It's TB HDD GB RAM Windows AMD A processor bit It was working really well for My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old a little while but a few weeks ago I started noticing problems and now well they have gotten much worse THE FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE is this I cannot install new software I've been told no with everything from Paint NET to iTunes I try and install something and it tells me 'Something else is being installed' Now I usually suspect AVG of that sort of problem But I tried to update my AVG antivirus and that gave me the same error It's very annoying as I've just bought a brand new iPhone and I can't get any music or films onto it without iTunes The problems have been seen everywhere else too- requests are not being dealt with If I want to launch an external application from the web say downloading content the application opens but if I'm saving something the wizard won't load Another alarming issue is that USBs are now not being recognised I plugged my old phone in and it kept disappearing and Windows was unable to read its contents even though I then used my stepdad's PC and it worked fine It's slowing down too vastly It takes it a long time to think about anything and recently battery life has dropped a small amount I have done too whole computer scans now everything coming up roses and saying there is no problem People have sent me ways to deal with some of these issues but none of them work on Windows - everyone I've spoken with so far is still in version or mode I'm relatively clued up about maintenance I CClean Defrag and use Registry Easy occasionally to sweep up problems but none of this is working My main concern is no being able to install new software It's annoying because my old PC went down a very similar route to its death- but after years This PC has lasted just months and seems to be on the slippery slope I'm quite interested in development- and game design I have Unity Visual Studio and all of the Adobe Suite installed Don't know if that contributes to it or not Also I have Steam installed and that's always doing something Should I remove that And that's just it I guess

A:My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old

Boot to Safe Mode with Networking, try it form there. If okay then something is starting when you boot that is causing the problem, so use Clean Install to isolate the problem.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36480-my-2-month-old-laptop-already-behaving-like-its-7-years-old.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Is it possible to restore my laptop to how it was working 5 years ago?

I'm using my old Dell insparon 9300 XP Professional Version 2002 service pack 2, Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.60GHz, 2 GB RAM. I used to use this for video editing running adobe premiere pro 2.0 now, it does not seem to be worth much. I reinstalled windows, and everything is jerky and slow, nothing is smooth.
I dont know if its drivers that I'm missing, or is my computer just too old?

A:Is it possible to restore my laptop to how it was working 5 years ago?

If you reinstalled Windows by Formatting (erasing) the HDD and installing Windows, you would have theoretically restored your computer to 5 years ago. Go to Start/Run and type chkdsk C: /R and press enter. Now type a Y and reboot the computer. the Check Disk utility will run at next boot up and try and fix any file errors.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/is-it-possible-to-restore-my-laptop-to-how-it-was-working-5-years-ago-563331.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- for 2 it years I've 7 this invalid laptop windows now Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - F HK-M P -W DQG Windows Product Key Hash Xs iQgVeo C sObJxS eu FuBPQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID A CFFB - E F- B- CCD- AA FA E B Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x I've this laptop for 2 years now it invalid windows 7 Build lab win gdr - TTS I've this laptop for 2 years now it invalid windows 7 Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows I've this laptop for 2 years now it invalid windows 7 XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version OGAExec exe Signed By Microsoft OGAAddin dll Signed By Microsoft OGA Data-- gt Office Status Genuine Microsoft Office Professional Plus - Genuine Microsoft Office Project Professional - Genuine OGA Version Registered Signed By Microsoft Office Diagnostics B D AA B- - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - E AD EA- -b E AD EA- - E AD EA- - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt A CFFB - E F- B- CCD- AA FA E B lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -W DQG lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt TOSHIBA lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Satellite L D lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt TOSHIBA lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt V lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt F B F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt TOSCPL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt TOSCPL lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt File Name quot OGAAddin dll quot Version quot quot gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Product GUID quot - - - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Professional Plus lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt F DC D C lt Val gt lt Hash gt xfk YyWWZ KXM VJaPgCFA rmg lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Product GUID quot - B- - - FF CE quot gt lt LegitResult gt lt LegitResult gt lt Name gt Microsoft Office Project Professional lt Name gt lt Ver gt lt Ver gt lt Val gt A B E DF lt Val gt lt Hash gt orGL B BOtlDRl UnOKr CoY lt Hash gt lt Pid gt - - - lt Pid gt lt PidType gt lt PidType gt lt Product gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quot quot Version quot quot Result quot quot gt lt App Id quo... Read more

A:I've this laptop for 2 years now it invalid windows 7

Hello Miyagi,

It looks like it may be the same issue from your last post on this below that you didn't use the product key number on the COA sticker to activate with.

Windows 7 build 7600 not a genuine windows product

Product Key Number - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/272228-ive-laptop-2-years-now-invalid-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 88.15%

i have an all fine pc703 and it hasent been charged for 4 years. and the led doesn't light up, should i just replace the battery?

A:Laptop wont charge after 4 years

Quote: Originally Posted by skrillek

i have an all fine pc703 and it hasent been charged for 4 years. and the led doesn't light up, should i just replace the battery?

Hi skrillek, Does the led light when it's plugged in using the mains adaptor ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/308836-laptop-wont-charge-after-4-years.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I am in need of any suggestions--
My daughter has a 2 year old HP laptop and the screen is black--no cursor, nothing.
She has done these things:
cleaned vents of dust
tried another monitor--it was black too
remove battery and power and hold power 60 seconds
remove each RAM module one at a time and test each slot
tapped function keys when powering on

The laptop sounds normal when she pushes the power button and the indicator lights blink, but the screen shows nothing.
Is there any more she can do, or does she need to take it to a repair place?
Thanks so much for any help!

A:Solved: HP laptop 2 years old--black screen

You need to check the screen cable but that involves taking it partly apart. If you feel confident in doing that, you can get the service manual in PDF form from HP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-laptop-2-years-old-black-screen.1112896/
Relevancy 87.29%

OS - Win SP x What was the original installed OS on the system - win Approximate age of system hardware - on lasts years x124 laptop, BSOD a few years Approximate age of OS installation if you know - around a year Have you re-installed the OS - yes to see if it would fix my issues Laptop - Dell XPS L X CPU - i QM Video Card - GTX M x Gb mhz RAM Samsung HM JJ Hello guys So i have problems with my laptop Bought it in jan and problems started about one year later I could not use warranty because BSOD x124 on a laptop, lasts few years i was far away from my place BSOD x124 on a laptop, lasts few years so i tryed to fix it myself but no luck The problem is - BSOD x hal dll This is VERY VERY random it can BSOD times in a minute range just launch up and seconds later BSOD or it can perfectly work for hours few days in a row You will notice that i have different memory brands kingston - which was pre BSOD x124 on a laptop, lasts few years installed and samsung - which i bought few years later but the problem was with pre installed stick kingston aswell Tryed with Samsung stick only - same bsod Temps on GPU CPU HDD are fine no overheating Any help will be great thanks

A:BSOD x124 on a laptop, lasts few years

Could you please check if any dump files are present here:

Code:
C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
If so, please upload the file in a zipped folder to a reputable file sharing site. I'll examine the Minidump(s).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-x124-on-a-laptop-lasts-few-years-1022794.html
Relevancy 86.43%

My son uses his HP15 laptop at home at his desk, rarely transporting it.  He has never dropped it and is a gentle user.The left hinge appears to be broken / defective, and the display case is separating.  For now, we're just leaving the screen open all the time, but it's a little inconvenient and the problem is certainly concerning for a laptop less than 2 years old.Looking at the forum, it seems like a common issue.We are HP fans in general, so I hope this issue can be resolved.Please help.- Steve   

A:HP 15 laptop bought under 2 years ago. Broken Hinge, displa...

@Steve_Hinge

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-15-laptop-bought-under-2-years-ago-Broken-Hinge-display/td-p/5694915
Relevancy 86.43%

My Toshiba L laptop has served me well for years with its native Win operation years after flawless laptop BSOD Random many of doing everything asked of it I am in love with Win Unfortunately over the past months or so it has begun to randomly lock up with BSOD actually a dark screen with no messaging It won't respond Random BSOD after many years of flawless laptop operation to the keyboard or mouse so I Random BSOD after many years of flawless laptop operation am forced to do a hard reset to regain function It might run for days or it might lock up after a few minutes I have tested the memory and the HD a TB HD that I installed a few years ago and they passed with no errors I regularly vacuum and blow out the cooling ports with compressed air and it doesn't seem to be overheating Right now I am running the computer in safe mode as Random BSOD after many years of flawless laptop operation I start this thread My intention is to see how long it will run without locking up So far I'm a few hours into it with no problem I have been googling the problem with no success so I am finally swallowing my pride and asking for help This thing has me licked I'm afraid that these hard resets are going to affect my HD one of these times and I have a lot of data I don't want to lose Please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389899-random-bsod-after-many-years-flawless-laptop-operation.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Bought a few Windows Pro licenses from BST here recently thanks Ion and wanted to try installing running Windows on a really old laptop for fun And it works Specs Dell M XPS from circa purchased from Dell in April just before the new line of XPS laptops came out Pentium M GHz MHz FSB single core GB memory maximum supported GB hard disk XPS M170 Dell (10 old) - 10 on success! laptop years Windows rpm Nvidia Geforce Go GTX MB quot screen x Back in the day this was a decent system Installation Overview Laptop originally came with Windows XP Media Center edition Dell officially does not support Windows for this laptop Deleted all partitions and installed Windows bit from scratch using bootable DVD installer Windows supported the Broadcom NIC so wired connectivity was immediately available Activated Windows installed Windows Updates No drama Windows does not support the Nvidia Geforce Go GTX via Windows Windows 10 on Dell M170 XPS laptop (10 years old) - success! Update so I had to search around and found a Windows driver that was reported to work And it did Driver version Windows does not support the Sigmatel AC audio chipset via Windows Update but the Windows XP driver from the Dell support site worked fine File name R EXE Tried to install the Dell QuickSet utility for Windows XP for playing with LEDs and other XPS-specific functionality but no dice Found a webpage with workaround - haven t tried it yet due to complexity Not sure if it is worth the hassle Tried to install the Windows XP Alps Touchpad driver but it fails to install Not a big deal since I think it only adds bottom side scrollbar functionality to the touchpad The touchpad itself is working fine just doesn t have the optional scrollbar functionality without the driver I use a mouse usually anyway Device manager has no exclamation marks System is working fine No hiccups or oddness so far Speed is OK considering it is a single core CPU at GHz and only GB RAM Intel Speedstep is working so idle speed of CPU is MHz I think it s pretty cool that a year old laptop can run Windows nbsp

A:Windows 10 on Dell M170 XPS laptop (10 years old) - success!

B-b-b-but M$ and it spies and steals and uploads ur data and Windoze store sux a-a-a-nd....M$!!!111

https://hardforum.com/threads/windows-10-on-dell-m170-xps-laptop-10-years-old-success.1902855/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello. I got an Laptop Lenovo IDEAPAD g50-80 from Romania. After two months i moved to UK... And now my Hard Disk doesn't work anymore... can i go with it at Warranty here in UK? i got the Bill from when i bought it and all the papers which was inside the box

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:G50-80 - Can i go with my laptop on Warranty?

Hi Emyy161 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

You may review this article "Checking for International Warranty Service (IWS)" on how to proceed. 
Take time to review coverage and limitation :
" Lenovo makes no commitment that the same method of service purchased in the original country will be provided in the destination country. Service procedures vary by country, and some service and/or parts may not be available in all countries. Lenovo will use commercially reasonable efforts subject to support capabilities within the destination country to obtain parts. Some countries may have fees and restrictions that apply at the time of service such as packaging, shipping and handling fees "

On my end, I tried using the model as some may not be marketed on some regions using the international warranty look up page.  Listed location would include UK and you can call in Lenovo UK 0333-777-3991 for details . 

Hope this help answer your query. 
Update us how things go.

Regards

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-80-Can-i-go-with-my-laptop-on-Warranty/td-p/3481290
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello. I got an Laptop Lenovo IDEAPAD g50-80 from Romania. After two months i moved to UK... And now my Hard Disk doesn't work anymore... can i go with it at Warranty here in UK? i got the Bill from when i bought it and all the papers which was inside the box

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Can-i-go-with-my-laptop-on-Warranty/td-p/3481290
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello every one i just bought  a new hp laptop in pakistan from a local. he gave me one year warranty <invoice>while when i connected the laptop to internet a message popped up showing that my laptop warranty will expore in the next month in july and laptop warrantty was started in july 15. so tell me how the warranty thing work in pakistan .or is this a Fruad or somthing . and he did't even give me the warranty card so please help me .if someone have had experince in buying hp laptop. my laptop model is hp pavilion notebook 15 ab057. 

A:my new hp laptop warranty

@wbis

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-new-hp-laptop-warranty/td-p/5647406
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Team, 1 week back i lodged a ticket number with customer service due to some problem with my laptopHere is the ticket number 8007435751 ,and am not able to work on this laptop due from last 7 days.No body is responding me properly though laptop is still in warranty and going to expire in 5 days .Please check the status and update me ASAP 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/My-laptop-is-still-in-warranty-but-no-response-from-lenovo/td-p/3381914
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi Thw warranty of my laptop is expiring in next 10 days .And I want to extend it online. How do I go about it? I looked at the carepacks in HP support site . Its thoroughly confusing. Criteria I want : 1. Carry in is fine , onsite not required2. Dont need accidental protection etc.3. 1 yr and 3 year options. Please direct me to the appropriate direction. Help! Thanks , Ray 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Extend-Warranty-of-My-Laptop/td-p/5715917
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey,
  I Harsh , I purchased dell vostro laptop on 22th October 2015. And I checked on online it show me you shipped on 3rd July 2015. I have issue with hardware anybody can not  help me. Please help me

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994856
Relevancy 84.71%

I had the wireless part of my mouse plugged into my laptop and it fell. The hard drive inside was shifted, when I opened it the screen was all glitchy and had ink leaks on the screen. My warranty is up, how much would it cost to fix it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Can-hp-still-fix-my-laptop-after-warranty-is-expired/td-p/5830064
Relevancy 84.71%

I bought this laptop on ebay new for my than Warranty and less laptop out only i the ran a year. had mother and had kept it in my closet for a few months I gave it to her as a gift and a few months later i was watching her use it and noticed she was repeatedly shutting down the laptop and turning it back on i asked why She said the internet wouldnt work unless she did that multiple times So i had a look at it and made sure all of the drivers were installed they were and counldnt find out why it was doing it other than a hardware issue possibly So i asked her where Warranty ran out and i only had the laptop less than a year. the warranty was tried to see if i could get hp to take it back but the warranty said it has expired She didnt use this thing for a year i kept it in my closet for months is there some way hp takes in certain cases and looks past the warranty date nbsp I cant really afford to buy her another nor can she and she is stuck with this nbsp thing The laptop is still in very good condition we just need the internet to work on it Is there anything that can be done

A:Warranty ran out and i only had the laptop less than a year.

The warranty period is one year from original retail sale. Who was the eBay seller? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Warranty-ran-out-and-i-only-had-the-laptop-less-than-a-year/td-p/5701105
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, I have just bought the top end Spectre laptop, but when i used the HP assistant it states I only have 9 months remaining on my warranty?!? Is this correct? if so it's going to be returned!! Dave

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/New-Laptop-only-9-months-warranty/td-p/5829164
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey Lenovo nbsp I don't wanna say this but I am having a Laptop Warranty Pakistan worst experience with Lenovo Product There's a saying first impression is the last impression and lenovo failed it in Ok let's take a look at my problem and please help me nbsp months ago I buy a Laptop Warranty Pakistan Lenovo Ideapad Y - ISK from local shop in Pakistan with Year International Warranty After month my screen start flickering and It end up continuously flickering when I press the power button See the screenshot below I take my laptop to the shop from where I bought it He says it's the ram problem you have to change the ram After paying for the single GB ram my laptop just work fine for days and then it's start doing that flickering again and after to hours I reopen my laptop it's just boot for second and then reboot that loop continuously again and again even I cannot see the lenovo logo Then I take it to the same shop and he says you have claim your warranty and according to him I have to send my laptop from Pakistan to USA for claiming and repairing process which will be and in which he cannot do anything All I am worry about is there any service center in Pakistan so i can take my laptop to there to solve my issue because when I buy a laptop I paid additional for Year International warranty nbsp I can say that Dell and HP are the best company who produces best products and I am one of the user of Dell and HP and I never have a problem with their products and they also operate in Pakistan so you don't have to worry about claiming nbsp Looking forward for your kind and helpful reply nbsp Regards Angry Lenovo nbsp User

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Laptop-Warranty-Pakistan/td-p/3439193
Relevancy 84.71%

whether warranty of a envy laptop purchased in one country will be accepted by another country. For eg, warranty  of a  laptop bought in USA, can be claimed in Asia Pacific. whether the warranty is international for laptop

A:whether Laptop warranty is international or not

Its complicated: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/  For example, a product purchased in country "A" and moved to country "B" receives the current warranty coverage provided by country "B" (if that product is marketed or supported in country B). So it varies model to model and country to country

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/whether-Laptop-warranty-is-international-or-not/td-p/5650861
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello,I bought hp 245 g5 laptop on 23 september 2016, which is having one year onsite warranty.  But when i checked my warranty status online it is showing that my warranty will end on 21 August 2017. How to solve this issue kindly reply asap.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Warranty-Issue-with-my-laptop/td-p/5802624
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi All, I purchased Acer Aspire V 2 years ago in extended warranty (3 years) from Dicksmith, the laptop had issues that it will switch off automatically on battery after evey 4-5 hours (a bit random) plus the keys of keyboard have comeoff and not working properly. since Discksmith doesnt exists, what options do I have for replacement of the laptop.RegardsZahid

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Dicksmith-warranty-for-faulty-laptop/td-p/435734/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 83.85%

sir my charger is not working and i'll have to buy a new one. i want to know that the new charger which i would buy would have warranty even if my warranty period of laptop expires?? I mean would it be under new warranty?? Since i know now laptop chargers and batteries are not covered under warranty beyond 1 year, does the new charger would have the warranty for next 1 year ?? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/does-the-new-laptop-charger-carries-warranty/td-p/5687477
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,
This is Manish Kumar. I bought Dell laptop from Olympia, WA last year. Now I am in India and I am facing some issues which I think are related to the hardware. Is there any way that I can transfer laptop warranty to India so that I can get it repaired at the Dell service center here in India?

Thanks in advance,
Manish

A:Laptop warranty transfer from USA to India

If you purchased the system with an onsite warranty (extra cost), yes - it can be transferred.  If you did not, you must upgrade to an onsite warranty at extra cost before it can be transferred.
www.dell.com/.../IdentifySystem

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19444853
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello I just bought a refurbished laptop from staples and i'm wondering, do I have a one year warranty. It says it in the page but the staples manager told me to get a 1 year warranty from them because I don't have a warranty. Take note the page says "The warranty is covered by the manufacturer for 1 year" but Staples says I don't have a warranty.
Heres The Page: www.staples.com/.../product_2095564

A:Refurbished Laptop From Staples, Warranty

Hi,
Please private message us the system service tag and snapshot of the invoice copy so that we can check and assist you.To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.      

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19683106
Relevancy 83.85%

Will my laptop warranty gets void if i downgrade pre-installed Windows 10 to Windows 7? Because prefer the windows 7 than windows 10 and i bought the laptop 5-months ago.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Will-laptop-warranty-gets-void-from-downgrading/td-p/446862
Relevancy 83.85%

The hard drive has failed in my laptop after only about 2 months use. The diagnostic tool gave me failure ID 6e0cg8-81r88m-mfpwlk-60cg03 and product ID t0d96ua#aba. It has been broken for over 5 months. Who can I contact to get it repaired? It is under warranty.

A:Who do I contact to get my laptop repaired under warranty

Fill out the form midway down the page here to start a service request:https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/product/HP-Pavilion-15-ab200-Notebook-PC-series-(Touch)/8502...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Who-do-I-contact-to-get-my-laptop-repaired-under-warranty/td-p/5790954
Relevancy 83.85%

Laptop has bricked. No signs of life except for the PSU making a beeping sound. Have tried removing and reinserting battery. Tried colleagues PSU (same beeps). Online assitance has me out of warranty even though it is less than 1 yr old. Tried contesting and somehow got linked with Americas support not UK,so they would not help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-bricked-Less-than-1-yr-old-but-stuck-in-warranty/td-p/5709719
Relevancy 83.85%

Power port HP - Honoring Warranty Not Spectre Laptop where the power cord attaches broke A simple and definitely 'hardware' problem Laptop still under warranty until September It couldn't be recharged HP Not Honoring Warranty - Spectre Laptop but I used it as the battery drained - took latest backups and used it for some functions before boxing it up and sending it in Fully functioning with no issues when it went in the box they sent nbsp Support calls me to say there is liquid damage to motherboard Umm no there isn't At least there wasn't when I sent it in I got on a call with a Case Manager 'James' who said they could repair mother board for a bit over I said there was nothing wrong with motherboard unless they caused the damage A little while later he emailed with an offer of less than his original quote Didn't research the state it was delivered in just looking to get cash nbsp nbsp Next day I got a call that warranty was invalidated contradicting what James had said and the email from him nbsp HP can't get the story straight and is dancing around honoring the warranty Already been without laptop over a week and they have offered no resolution I've sent a number of emails in response to his and nothing back nbsp

A:HP Not Honoring Warranty - Spectre Laptop

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Not-Honoring-Warranty-Spectre-Laptop/td-p/5666275
Relevancy 83.85%

I BOUGHT HP Notebook - 15-ay011ne (ENERGY STAR) ON 13/09/2016. I WANNA REGISTER FOR INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY. PLEASE ASSIST ME IN REGISTERING FOR INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HOW-TO-REGISTER-FOR-INTERNATIONAL-WARRANTY-FOR-MY-NEW-LAPTOP/td-p/5762724
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi all, I bought my laptop in 7/29/2014 and warranty started on that day. I have only one year of warranty. My laptop has expired, I decied to extend warranty. But I don't know how to do that, help me please.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-can-I-extend-my-laptop-warranty-when-it-was-expired/td-p/5709698
Relevancy 82.99%

hii David pkMy laptop is naw 4 year old naw can order recovery disc for my laptopBcoz my graphics driver are gone due to my hard drive changed...will hp company give me recovery disc or not..if not then haw can i get back my graphics card driver back..is there any other way?? Plz sir hlp me out

A:haw to order recovery disc if my laptop is out of warranty

HP are unlikely to provide recovery discs free of charge, which country are you in?

*****I do not work for HP**********click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks**********If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution*****

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/haw-to-order-recovery-disc-if-my-laptop-is-out-of-warranty/td-p/5725865
Relevancy 82.99%

Where do I send the laptop if it is not working? My husband had the computer in Ecuador for a few months and said it had never worked properly and had been showing signs of a faulty drive. This laptop was bought at Best Buy in March and of course we need to to use the warranty protection as long as it is still within the year since it was purchased.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993353
Relevancy 82.99%

siri have hp pavallion e tx laptop which i bought in september With Years onsite warranty for hardware Now my chager is not working When i contact Is 3years not warranty? under charger laptop covered the support team they simply said that the battery and charger are not included in the warranty if we are given charger with the laptop at the time of purchase and there's no Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty? extra separate charge for the adapter then why we are asked to pay for the replacement if we are under warranty Does it mean buy a laptop for Around k and then pay for warranties and then your charger is still not covered under this when it will stop working you are to pay Around k more one more thingthe address for the authorized service centers and their contact details must be updated on dialy basis you have no ideas how much we -the customers have to suffer sorry but i am really angry to get talk to a representtive by online chat it took me an hour to connect then he said you are connected to usa gave me the link for indian support team and Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty? contact number he was really nice guy who helped me I waited for Hours to get connected Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty? to the indian chat tech support by online chat and then disconnected what should i do now buy a new one and tear those papers and that invoice saying years onsite warranty or expect a miracle to happen Solved View Solution

A:Is laptop charger not covered under 3years warranty?

Hi, Normally no. All vendors do the same. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-laptop-charger-not-covered-under-3years-warranty/td-p/5686277
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi All, I have bought my new laptop HP Envy AE101NX yesterday (25-May-2016). However, when I open HP support center application and recovery applications, where we see the warranty period information it is showing incorrect information. The store supervisor informed me that it is in 2 years warranty period. The information being showin in these apps is 6 Months and that too Start Date : XX/08/2015End Date :    XX/02/2016. This Feb-2016 is already passed. I could not understand how come the warranty is already expired, even though it is for 6 months for some reasons. Can anyone please advise on how to get this fixed? ThanksVamshi

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/New-Laptop-but-Warranty-Period-shows-expired/td-p/5635571
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi there my month old brand new laptop failed to start Under the warranty i took it back to the shop John Lewis under my warranty Dell Computers are Dell Data warranty under Protection laptop - Act responsible for the laptop for the first year John Lewis for the second year Dell laptop under warranty - Data Protection Act John Lewis are restricted on what checks they can do on the laptop so I have been told They tell me that they need to send it direct to Dell John Lewis have told me that Dell will wipe my laptop of any data held on it and that is the law under the Data Protection Act in the UK without trying to retrieve any information whatsoever if they feel it is a hard drive problem because of the Data Protection Act that they cannot copy any of my information over Is that correct do you know and is there any way around it that Dell laptop under warranty - Data Protection Act i can have my data retrieved without them wiping them I accept I didn't back all the data up but the laptop is months old and I honestly didn't expect a brand new pound Dell laptop to go wrong in months

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/dell-laptop-under-warranty-data-protection-act-4599125/
Relevancy 82.99%

HiI have purchased a new laptop and bought an extended guarantee but have just checked the warranty which is incorrect.Can I please have help rectifying this.thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-HP-laptop-warranty-start-date-incorrect/td-p/5730501
Relevancy 82.99%

I've swapped my laptop's hard disk with a Samsung SSD by opening my laptop case myself. However, in the process, I'd lost one of the screws. I have still one year of warranty remaining. Can I still avail my laptop's warranty?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:I've lost a screw of my laptop.Does it voids my warranty?

Dear Customer< This does not void warranty unless until there is a physical damage observed with the hard drive or the lid in the time of service. If there is no physical damage, the warranty support would be provided as normal terms and conditions.   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-ve-lost-a-screw-of-my-laptop-Does-it-voids-my-warranty/td-p/5832241
Relevancy 81.7%

I want to to open up my laptop and clean the dust because I haven't done that since I bought it.Will that void warranty?

A:Will opening my laptop to clean dust void warranty?

Dear Customer,  The act of opening your notebook should not void your warranty. If you cause any damage during the process, or during self maintenance, without contacting HP Support then it can void your warranty.   Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-opening-my-laptop-to-clean-dust-void-warranty/td-p/5852921
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello everyone This is my first time posting on these boards and I was hoping someone might be able to give me some tips for troubleshooting an issue that popped up yesterday with my Alienware laptop It is days past it s extended -year warranty and Alienware would only refer me to other services to have it looked at such as a diagnosis for I have been building my own systems for years and years and I m hoping someone out there days Troubleshooting Alienware off (20 3-year Laptop warranty) :( might have some insight into ways i can troubleshoot my laptop so I can hopefully repair it myself and avoid the overpriced quot diagnosis quot fees Here are my specs Aurora m Processor AMD Turion Mobile ML GHz MHz FSB MB L Cache Operating System Office software not included Genuine Windows XP Professional Chassis amp quot WideUXGA x LCD with Clearview Technology - Conspiracy Blue Memory GB Dual Channel DDR SO-DIMM at MHz - x MB System Drive Single Drive Configuration - GB Serial ATA Gb s RPM w NCQ amp amp MB Cache Optical Drive x Dual Layer CD-RW DVD RW w Nero Software Video Graphics Troubleshooting Alienware Laptop (20 days off 3-year warranty) :( Card Dual MB NVidia GeForce Go GS - SLI Enabled Wireless Network Card Internal b g WiFi Card Warranty -Year AlienCare Toll-Free Phone Support w Onsite Service AlienRespawn AlienRespawn v Recovery Kit amp Windows XP Edition What happens is thus When I try to boot up the computer I can hear the fans HDD CD go on but there is nothing on the screen I tried plugging in other monitors to make sure that the onboard monitor hadn t randomly died or that the connection s were loose but I received no video on the additional monitor either When I usually load up the quot power quot button usually glows blue now it blinks orange off and on I don t hear any audio that would signify windows started but since I have a password on my windows log in it might be that it s simply not loading past this point I tried putting in my password to a blank screen and hitting enter but nothing happened My guess is it is either one of my video cards my motherboard or very possibly a HDD issue I m really doubting this last one Does anyone have any idea how I can troubleshoot my issue to help to nail-down what is going on Thank you so so very much for the help -K nbsp

A:Troubleshooting Alienware Laptop (20 days off 3-year warranty) :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/troubleshooting-alienware-laptop-20-days-off-3-year-warranty.941439/
Relevancy 81.7%

I ALREADY INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 IN IT.IT WAS DOS WHEN DELIVERED.NOW CAN I DO SOMETHING SO THAT MY WARRANTY STarts FROM TODAY?

A:i bought new laptop today from flipkart,but my warranty star...

vinaydesai wrote:I ALREADY INSTALLED WINDOWS 10 IN IT.IT WAS DOS WHEN DELIVERED.NOW CAN I DO SOMETHING SO THAT MY WARRANTY STarts FROM TODAY?Hi, If you live within US and if you bought the computer from US you can call HP Support numberHP SUPPORT: 1800 474 6836 Let them know that you want to adjust the date of the warranty. You will be given a case number and they will send you a POP email or Proof of purchase email. All you need to do is to make a screenshot or scan of the official reciept then send it to the email they are going to provide. You will then be contacted by POP department tru call or email and the status will be updated. Cheers!   

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/i-bought-new-laptop-today-from-flipkart-but-my-warranty/td-p/5828194
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi. I have an ACER EXTENSA and want to upgrade its memory from 4GB to 8GB.But am unclear of laptop warranty. And if it has to be done by the ACER service department. 

A:Warranty information on laptop memory upgrade Acer...

What model is it? Does it have a service hatch?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Extensa/Warranty-information-on-laptop-memory-upgrade-Acer-Extensa/td-p/463047
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I just got a new intel Ultrabook off a tiny foreign co on Amazon; and I'm just using it for browsing the internet mostly, but the browsers keep crashing particularly when downloading (small) files like pictures.

I'm worried that the processor may have been tampered with or it's been infected/in a botnet. Can I do anything to check these things?

Also- if not any recommendations on cheap repair shops in London etc?

Thanks,

Lucinda

A:New Acer Intel 5 laptop operating REALLY slowly; no warranty!?

First, see if the slowness and crashing applications are due to a startup or service conflict: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Keep only your antivirus software set to run on startup. Make sure the antivirus services and the startup software itself are selected to start on boot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229950-new-acer-intel-5-laptop-operating-really-slowly-no-warranty.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi. I have an ACER EXTENSA and want to upgrade its memory from 4GB to 8GB.But am unclear of laptop warranty. And if it has to be done by the ACER service department. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Warranty-information-on-laptop-memory-upgrade-Acer-Extensa/td-p/463047
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi,

I'm planning on buying a notebook. Being a computer tech, i'd like to open it up and take a look inside.... And in the future if there is any upgrade/maintanence to perform, i'd like to do it myself.

Will this void the warranty?

And if i say i didn't open it, is there any way dell will find out that i opened it?

Hopefully some Techie here has already done it and knows the answer......... :).

Thanks,

A:Warranty void if i open the laptop? How does Dell know if i opened it?

No, but I can only speak for the models I am familiar with (see signature). After reading tons of posts on this forum I never recall this being a problem on any model.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/17292528
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello, I bought another refurbished HP laptop from Colorado Computer Outlet back on May 17th and am having a problem with one of the memory modules but when I checked on the HP site, it shows that the warranty started on March 17th and has already expired. I should have until August 17th or thereabouts. What should I do to get this fixed? Thanks,John

A:Bought Refurbed Envy Laptop on May 17th but warranty shows e...

@govtdog

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bought-Refurbed-Envy-Laptop-on-May-17th-but-warranty-shows/td-p/5712565
Relevancy 79.98%

I have bought this HP laptop on 6/2/2016 and started using this on the same day. At the time of purchase I was informed the product comes with 1 year warranty from the manufacturer. But today when I checked the warrnaty information I found that the warranty start date shows 2/15/2016 and expire on 3/21/2017. The warranty should expire on 6/2/2017.I am not sure where to check for the information. My product information is given below:Serial Number: CND60621M5Product Number: T0U74UA#ABA

A:Laptop bought on June 2nd, 2016 but warranty start date show...

Hi,          Please do contact the HP Support over the phone or chat or email and they will be able to help you out with updating the warranty. You would have to send a copy of the invoice to the email ID provided by the support agent.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-bought-on-June-2nd-2016-but-warranty-start-date-shows/td-p/5663381
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Guys I resolved to air my views and opinions on how I have been treated by Dell support centre Dell over my inspiron which was purchased inspiron less warranty getting 3148 laptop taking 6month, fixed is Dell under forever. went keyboard than yet bad a Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. while ago Less than months after the purchase this laptop coupled with intermittent usage of the PC the keyboard stopped responding nbsp I nbsp Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. contacted the dell support centre and sent in the laptop based on warranty for the keyboard to be replaced This is the th week its being there making life unbearable and without communication on when I will get the PC Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever. back I was initially told it will take days for the keyboard to be repaired today makes it th day nbsp I don t know Dell could do a laptop whose keyboard would go under month talk less of being treated in the inhumanly way possible for an item under warranty My product tag is K B Any help or idea how I can get out of this mess

A:Dell inspiron 3148 keyboard went bad less than 6month, yet getting laptop fixed under warranty is taking forever.

Hi GEN2TY,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Please private message us the details of the location you have sent the laptop for repair along with your email id.
Also, request you to edit the previous post which has the service tag of your system as it contains personal information.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984207
Relevancy 74.82%

my gateway m675 notebook wont power up, ican hear the fans and usual noises, but i got nothing on the screen. i tried putting the os disk in and started it up pushing f2, and it worked untill windows loaded then it kicked me to blue screen with text sayin windows has to shut down then black again. please help, its a freakin dinosaur but i paid 2500 for it in 2004 and im by no means rich. actually quite poor. its running windows xp pro, or not running, please help.

Relevancy 74.82%

I still remember being infected in DOS by the stoned virus and getting a McAfee boot disk and scanning removing the little critter I was hit last week by something that I have never seen the like of and hope years 20 I have and never..... to never see it again It started out in a typical fashion by hiding everything and flashing warnings about having surfed porn etc Booted and scanned with KAV rescue disk after not being able to get control of the system with anything else like safe boot etc KAVRD found and disinfected items identified as Heur win gen Now the system reboots after the windows xp logo Cannot launch recovery console from startup menu from recovery console live CD or from trying an XP install CD - all result in BSOD Removing the drive for exam is futile in any windows OS as it is not seen as an NTFS files system though Gparted identifies it as such Linux can see the file structure and let me backup the data There are no hidden partitions that 20 years and I have never..... I can find Can no longer access the system setup bios key does nothing I tried installing XP on a new HD but after it completed it also reboots in a loop - there goes any hope I had of reflashing the BIOS Has anyone ever seen anything like this

A:20 years and I have never.....

Managed a slight gain againt whatever this thing is. The desktop model is an HP dx7500, and the BIOS can only be recovered from windows. As I couldn't install windows even on another drive, I managed to boot BartPE and was able to reflash the BIOS this way. Now I can access system setup again and am able to reinstall windows onto another drive. The original drive still is stuck rebooting, and only gives a BSOD any way I try to run recovery console.

No sign of anything wrong in the MBR according to Kasp. RD 10 or AswMBR, Roguekiller etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487491/20-years-and-i-have-never/
Relevancy 74.82%

My kids have been using my computer off and on and I just needed the logs looked at. I do a lot of online banking and I do not want any surprises.
I haven't noticed anything unusual except it sometimes makes a sound as if you were plugging something into the usb port, I have checked all connections,
maybe its a short in one of the lines. I will keep looking into this and thank you for taking the time to look at this log.

A:Just a once over, been 2 years.

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===HijackThis is not able to provide accurate information for 64 bit systems.In your case we need to see a DDS Log.I would remove HijackThis using the Add/Remove Programs list.Please download and run this DDS Scanning Tool. Nothing will be deleted. It will just give me some additional information about your system.Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here.Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool. When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt Attach.txtSave both reports to your desktop.Please just paste the contents of the DDS.txt log in your next post.===Third party programs if not up to date can be an open door for an infectionPlease run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please post the logs for my review.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/449990/just-a-once-over-been-2-years/
Relevancy 74.82%

I play games with a resolution of just 1366x768 and I'm just wondering will HD 6870 be enough for me to play games until 2016 (using that resolution) or should I go for gtx 560 ti? also my cpu is just q8400 quad core.....

also im using psu 500w...will I be okay? tnx

A:GPU for the next four years

What size is your case? What motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-for-the-next-four-years.175689/
Relevancy 74.82%

Yep been using AOL since we got our first computer husband refuses to change although I know that there are much better ones now I have a Years of 15 AOL gmail account for backup Anyway my problem every time I click on IE to open AOL it takes forever and is getting slower and slower sometimes not opening at all About of what I 15 Years of AOL use my laptop for is internet Just ran MALWAREBYTES for the nd time this month It found nothing to delete this time My Norton Internet Security would not open Thx Sonya Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack 15 Years of AOL bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU B GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard D Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 74.82%

My computer is infected with something. It has been and I can not fix it. nor a few techs that have camt to try. Even a few sent contracted while installing a new motherboard, HD drive etc.

I have no control over my own system. Somehow there is infrared or wireless activity all the time. If I change sonething it changes back. I can not even view certain logs because it says I do not have those privileges. Well who does? I am the administrator but have no rights.

Please advise

A:HELP, its been 5 years

Hello and welcome!Can you run thes and post the logs.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList DevicesList Users, Partitions and Memory size.List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.>>>>>Run RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.Run TDSSKiller.exe. Click Start scan.When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click ContinueLet reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log has a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.>>>>I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the button.Push NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467608/help-its-been-5-years/
Relevancy 74.82%

I guess I'm just a diehard fan of my aging Sony Vaio desktop but I really like it and besides old habits die hard I'm running Win XP Pro Srv pack and up until the last couple of months doing fine with it At that point I began having speed issues with it like slow boot slow scroll online excess in Getting along Years cpu usage choppy online audio and video etc I Getting along in Years uninstalled my antivirus Avast in the hopes that the cpu speed would be corrected but Now when I try to reinstall Avast or any other antivirus for that matter I get a message that I must close the currently installed AV called PC Cleaner Pro before I can proceed Where did that AV come from And what Really alarms me is that there doesn't seem to be a program by that name that I can even TRY to uninstall I also tried to install Malwarebytes which gives me an error The program failed to initialize cx d Am now stumped Help MEeee please

A:Getting along in Years

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/595628/getting-along-in-years/
Relevancy 73.96%

Background My computer has had blue screens for a long time maybe years and I've tried various fixes with no luck The blue screens happen the most when I'm trying to for years BSODs push the hardware via video games Issues BSODs for years manifest themselves in minor ways too like Firefox crashing or any of the more resource intense games crashing and not the entire computer I've swapped my primary hard drive for an SSD when the memory management blue screens began to appear BSODs for years many BSODs for years years ago I did a clean install back in about January that didn't help I thought it could be a heating issues so installed a new CPU cooler and additional case fans this summer Memtest doesn't result in any errors currently I swapped the RAM locations on the mother board to see if that helps I try to keep everything up to date and keep it virus free I've attempted to work with the Microsoft help desk and nobody ever commented on the post after the initial try a repair of the OS Here was my original explanation of the issue it became more or a journal to help me remember what happens As I continue to learn more about what could be troubling the computer I've looked through many posts on this website love the knowledge contained within and concluded some driver is acting up I would love to know what's wrong and how the experts behind this community can figure out what the misbehaving driver is when I have been stumped for so long I'm genuinely interested in what's wrong and plan on slowly upgrading components on this rig to keep it relevant if it is hardware Attached SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip Issue I can't get the perfmon report step to stop collecting data see attached screen shot it just runs like that forever I've confirmed that cmd was running in admin mode as well Going through the perfmon gui I can get a user defined Data Collector Set to run like the system diagnostic report the cmd command would create but then I don't know how to save as an html Thoughts Basic questions OS - Windows x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM then the free upgrade Age of system hardware -Purchased Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS January reinstalled windows CPU - AMD FX- GHz Video Card - NVIDIA Geforce GTX TI GB MotherBoard - GA- LMT-USB rev Power Supply - Lepa B W System Manufacturer - Avatar Exact model number - Avatar Desktop PC Gaming FX Desktop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/621785/bsods-for-years/
Relevancy 73.96%

Is my config ready for the next generation of games?

CPU : AMD FX 6300 @ 4.02Ghz
GPU : Nvidia GTX 260
RAM : 8 GB Ram
PSU : 700 W
HDD : 500 GB

I like to play my games at 1080p @ 60fps

can i max them out ?

I'm thinking about upgrading my gpu.. my budget is ?170.. I've been looking at both the 560ti with 1gb and the 660(non ti) with 2gb vram. (Not a big fan of AMD GPU's anymore).

I play games like Batman: Arkham City, Metro 2033, Battlefield 3, Crysis 1&2, Stalker, ArmaII, Skyrim, Sleeping Dogs, Farcry 3, Hitman Absolution, Planetside 2, Also would like to play future games like Watch Dogs, Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, Next gen Call of duty ect..

A:Enough for the next gen gaming for 3+ years?

Can you currently play those games @ 1080p maxed out? I would think your graphics card would not allow that. I don't know about those other games you listed, but Crysis 3 is suppose to be a beast and really tax systems. I doubt your video card will actually play new games @ 1080p maxed out right now, so it's a safe bet to say it won't play future games. For that kind of money, you can just about get a 660Ti like this one........... EVGA GTX 660 Ti

You could also save up about 10-15 more pounds and get a top of the line 660Ti which has 3gb of RAM and is factory Overclocked! EVGA GTX 660Ti Superclocked The price with rebate is $289.99, and you can probably find it somewhere in the UK that has a rebate as well.

To sum up, skip the 560Ti as it's older technology.....skip the 660 as you can get a 660Ti for a few pounds more, and the 660Ti IS a better performer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/275897-enough-next-gen-gaming-3-years.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi On NYE my friend asked me to burn a disc help. please Years hijack, New for her with some programs I had on an old external drive Turns out one of the files was a virus It changed the name of my computer messed up my router installed software and prevents me from doing system restore I took the machine offline immediately and have been using a flash drive to get stuff to and from it Please see all required info below except my New Years hijack, please help. computer crashes when New Years hijack, please help. I try to scan files with GMER I ve included the crash report too New Years hijack, please help. Thanks so much for your help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Dual Core AMD Opteron tm Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C h UA QS Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system IoctlSvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Pen Tablet exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinSetup exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Documents and Settings steen Desktop recovery HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX A... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-years-hijack-please-help.973809/
Relevancy 73.96%

I've been having the bsod since the new year and never had one before. Recently I formatted a partition that had XP on it but I never used it. That's the only change that has happened recently but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with it. The first occurrence happened when I was backing up files in preparation.

In addition to random shutdowns I've also had the bsod during boot up.

I have Vista home premium with SP1 32-bit
AMD Phenom 8400 Triple-Core
Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT

any help would be much appreciated.

A:New years BSOD

After reviewing many of you logs I dont believe it will be possible to help you.

Due to the amount of items in the error log that pertain to key generators and decompilers and a few others it is against forum rules to assist.

It is near impossible to diagnose problems on a system with as many adultered and thus
undocumented programs.

This topic will be reviewed and a determination will be made if further assistance is
possible.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/new-years-bsod-455390.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I've had my computer since about and I've only recently started trying to clean it out While I've been mostly successful I'm still noticing a lot of problems Just recently only deleting a few unnecessary programs from my computer I somehow started getting those Aurora pop ups annoying as hell Also there are about or files that are quot threats quot to my computer that Norton never deletes after scans I use my game mostly for gaming and while I have a better system not After years of cleaning... and hardware than my friends my computer is performing worse than theirs are The problem's probably linked to the adware spyware undoubtedly hiding in my computer Anyway here's my HJT log If you notice anything that can be deleted please help Logfile of HijackThis v After years of not cleaning... Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Nhksrv exe C WINDOWS System drivers CDAC BA EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS System cisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System wdfmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files MusicMatch MusicMatch Jukebox mm tray exe C WINDOWS DELLMMKB EXE C Program Files Scroll Mouse gnetmous exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmgr exe C Program Files Netropa OSD exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbfbmon exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System lexpps exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI exe C Program Files FinePixViewer QuickDCF exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files QUICKENW QWDLLS EXE C Program Files JBtools mpcontrl exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe c windows system jtnlje exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS System msiexec exe C WINDOWS ldhtnszncxu exe C WINDOWS System MsiExec exe C Program Files Trillian trillian exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Jeff Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www digitallyimported com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL http www the-exit com search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http www websearch com ie aspx tb id tb id R - URLSearchHook US Class - FF -F F - a- - EE E - C DOCUME ALLUSE APPLIC File file dll F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS Nail exe O - BHO Band Class - F A A- C - -A - E DC AB E - C WINDOWS systb dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Setup Setup - E A - C- DE - B- FC CACA - C DOCUME ALLUSE APPLIC Setup Setup dll O - BHO LinkTracker Class - A E DC-BFA - B -AB B- E E FD - C WINDOWS System lmf dll O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A... Read more

A:After years of not cleaning...

We'll attack Nail.exe first - since this is a horrible infection. Trust Me.

Download ewido security suite from here? http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

Update it?s database from here.. http://www.ewido.net/en/download/updates/
Run a scan and let it clean the PC. Post a new hijackthis log when complete.

**Note** DO NOT REBOOT THE PC During the removal process. If you do the filenames will change.

Download FindIt's.zip to your desktop: http://forums.net-integration.net/in...post&id=142443

1. Unzip/extract the files inside to a folder on your desktop.
2. Open the folder and run FindIt's.bat and wait for notepad to open a text file. It will take awhile so please be patient ...
3. Then post the results here please, along with the new HijackThis log.

run a new HijackThis scan. Save the log file and run KRC HijackThis Analyzer http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/KRC%...20Analyzer.zip in the same folder to get the result.txt log. Just post the contents of the result.txt file in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/after-years-of-not-cleaning-53673.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Oh... Hello there. Nice to see you again BSOD. Been a long time hasn't it? What? More than 10 years? Wow. Where you been? That's right, you've been causing trouble for other people. Well I know that because I'm usually the guy helping them get over you. Oh? That's why you came back after all these years? Well I'm a bit out of practice... You may find some of my moves, a bit rusty. After all, it's been a long time. I may need to ask for help on this one...

(Any help would be appreciated guys. Thanks a lot.)

A:My first BSOD in over 10 years

Apparently caused by your anti virus

You have given me 2 dumps. The cause on one shows Bug check D1 the other shows C2
Both bug checks indicated driver problem, one indicates that it can also be memory.

My advice remove your Antivirus Eset (the offending driver is eamon.sys.). Be sure to use the unistall tool for your antivirus.
Download and run memtest86, at least 6 runs.
http://memtest.org/

Virus Scan
SFC /scannow (type cmd in search, right click on cmd, run as administrator.. Type sfc /scannow
Update Drivers
Considering the large number of outdated drivers, if the problem continues, you may want to run driver verifier
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\richc46\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_Two%20of%20my%20mini%20dumps[1].zip\062310-29031-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e4b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03088e50
Debug session time: Wed Jun 23 04:58:51.225 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 2 days 20:22:20.004
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck D1, {fffff88001543c7c, 2, 8, fffff88001543c7c}
Unable to load image eamon.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for eamon.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for eamon.sys
Probably caused by : eamon.sys ( eamon+6ae3 )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff88001543c7c, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88001543c7c, address which referenced memory
Debugging Details:
------------------

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030f30e0
fffff88001543c7c
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
FAULTING_IP:
Ntfs! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+2ad0
fffff880`01543c7c 55 push rbp
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800add6270 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800add6270)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=af00000000075dbc rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000126bf2
rdx=00... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/93013-my-first-bsod-over-10-years.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have 2 ram brand types considering, but can't really decide. Both reviwed as good and great for overclcoking.

So here they are.

2GB Extreme performance Patriot PC6400 800MHZ 4-4-4-12

or

2GB CorsairXMS2 PC6400 800Mhz 4-4-4-12

Both are EPP ready and Patriot has SLI, and corsiar i belive has it or not, not sure. Anyway which will do better?.

A:What Ram will perform for 5 years

I think both of them will perform for five years!! Is possible also consider OCZ!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-ram-will-perform-for-5-years.81141/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, i have the same problem as this guy had: (3w).techspot.com/vb/topic62237.html i realy need to solve this problem it would be very nice if someone show me the way to do that

A:Any solutions after 5 years?

Would be best if you describe your problem along with details on your system specifications, very difficult to diagnose a problem without more specific information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-solutions-after-5-years.160357/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi
First, sorry for my bad english.

My son learn to me that he have "bsod" since 2 years ! OS is windows vista pro 64 bit.
He recently burn his graphic card, I don't no if there is a relation with this and the "bsod".

Here come the last two dmp file from minidump.

Thank for help !

A:BSOD since 2 years !

If you want more info that I've provided, please provide the information from this post: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

3 issues that I noted:

- Please uninstall Daemon Tools. In some versions it will cause BSOD's.
-

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the Kaspersky from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Kaspersky using this free tool: Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's

- your D-Link DFE-528TX PCI Adapter driver is very, very old:

Code:
DLKRTL.sys Thu Dec 21 01:03:28 2006 (458A23B0)
Please update it with a 64 bit Vista compatible driver

You can try these free diagnostics also:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)

Then, if the above tests pass, I'd try these free stress tests:

FurMark download site: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Prime95 download site: Free Software - GIMPS
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead. (run all 3 if you find a problem and note how long it takes to error out with each)
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
This won't necessarily crash the system - but check the output in the test window for errors.
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Two other video stress tests (may be more stressful than FurMark):
Video Memory stress Test - ??? NVIDIA / ??????? / VMT
Artifact Locator - ??? NVIDIA / ??????? / Artifact Locator
Sorry, but I don't read the language that this website is made in.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 6002.18267.amd64fre.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458
Debug session time: Mon Oct 4 00:04:11.898 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:56:50.758
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+bdd6 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_403
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: Blizzard Update
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments 00000000`00000403 fffff680`00026b90 bbc00000`76312867 fffff680`00026bff
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 6002.18267.amd64fre.vistasp2_gdr.100608-0458
Debug session time: Sun Oct 3 17:23:18.716 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:55.357
Probably caused by : ecache.sys ( ecache!EcBlockDereference+1b2 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: COMMON_SYSTEM_FAU... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/283752-bsod-since-2-years.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Nothing working right. No icons on desktop. Ads running in background. have to go into computer to get browser etc. Purchased computer with Vista on it. Up graded to 7 with MS window upgrade. Can I format and load win 7 without installing Vista first? I run virus and malware software and they found nothing.

A:Solved: 15 years and they got me.

You need to click My Account - Edit Your Details and then update and correct your computer information.

It's showing a Dell Dimension 8300 with Windows XP.

------------------------------------------------------

What's the brand name, model name, and model number of the computer that came with Windows Vista pre-installed and was upgraded to Windows 7?

Did it come with any discs?

Do you have the Windows 7 disc?

-------------------------------------------------------

Upgrading To Windows 7

Installing And Reinstalling Windows 7

-------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-15-years-and-they-got-me.1061405/
Relevancy 73.96%

My computer is a little over years old and I have found out that around this time the Internet starts to screw up which it could be my ISP The computer is just not doing well I have worked on other peoples computer that was to years old and it was a disaster and I would tell them to just throw this computer in the trash because there is nothing you can use on it on your next computer which you need now I do the regular tune ups and I take care of it with backups and so forth old years 2 computer but I think I need a new computer or just re-install the OS or just re-build the OS from scratch or is there a good software program that could do a major tune 2 years old computer up I always back up my 2 years old computer C before doing anything major I have an Intel dual which isn't a bad computer at this time Any suggestions Thanks Richard

A:2 years old computer

If you are comfortable backing up all of your important files and doing a fresh install of windows, that would probably be the fastest and most successful at tuning your computer up.

The longer route that might not be as successful, is running anti-malware, anti-virus, defrag, disk cleanup, and other tools of that nature multiple times, as well as deleting files and folders you do not want/need anymore.

My suggestion : Move the important files you want to wherever you keep the backups, re-install Windows, restore the files you backed up, re-install whatever programs you use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/98726-2-years-old-computer.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi folks

Awesome forum to have, glad I found this.

I just got a BSOD before Windows loaded, it mentioned uxpatcher. I didn't write down the other figures, sorry, but I've attached the reports.

Some notes:

As per title, first BSOD in years, and so far it's only happened once. But as they say, where there's smoke, there's fire...
I use avast! for AV, but it's not recognised by the security center.
UAC is off.
I used a program that disables digital driver signature enforcement before startup so I can use my PS3 controller as a game pad.

I'd appreciate any help you can give me!

Cheers

A:First BSOD in years

Hi -

Please check c:\windows\minidump for dump files. If any found, copy to Documents, zip them up and attach to next post.

WERCON reports many appcrashes related to PCA2 (compatibility), BEX (buffer overflow; security) and dozens of 0x116 Live Kernel Events related to video, but no BSODs.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/108543-first-bsod-years.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Alright guys I have had this router for seven years and I believe it's time to buy a new one. The problem is I don't know what router to purchase because I don't have a lot of knowledge when it comes to routers . I want a router around $50.00 to $60.00. What would you recommend?

A:Had this router for seven years need a new one..

I've never heard of this brand before, but it's a best seller.

Amazon.com : Medialink - Wireless N Broadband Router - 300 Mbps - 2.4GHz - 802.11n w/ Internal Antenna - (Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP / Mac OS X / Linux) : Network Routers : Computers & Accessories

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308229-had-router-seven-years-need-new-one.html
Relevancy 73.96%

You guys were great helping me out a couple of years ago Again my PC has started getting slower and slower If I reboot it is fast for a little while but it seems to get worse I have run adaware ccleaner spybot and housechill or whatever you all recommended and I think I have removed everything I can without doing something to stupid Still slow so I ran a HJT log Any help would be appreciated Thanks Charles Logfile of HJT later back am log with and 2 years I a Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss 2 years later and I am back with a HJT log exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Dell Printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor 2 years later and I am back with a HJT log DLSDBNT EXE C WINDOWS System hpb ksrv exe C WINDOWS System hpbhksrv exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Dantz Retrospect Launcher exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Nortel Networks TunnelGuard CueAgent srv exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Dell Printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor DLPWDNT EXE C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C PROGRA MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C Program Files DIGStream digstream exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C WINDOWS System hpnra exe C WINDOWS System hpstatus exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaw exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Dell Printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor DLPSP EXE C Program Files Dell Printers Additional Color Laser Software Updater DLUPDR EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files SecCopy SecCopy exe C PROGRA HEWLET HPSHAR hpgs wnf exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet k series Bin hpoorn exe C Program Files Nortel Networks TunnelGuard platforms win TGIconApp EXE C Program Files Logitech iTouch kbdtray exe C WINDOWS System HPBSPSVR EXE C WINDOWS System HPBJDSNT EXE C PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C PROGRA COMMON McAfee EmProxy emproxy exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www cnn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page F - REG win ini load F - REG win ini run F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system Userinit exe O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C... Read more

A:2 years later and I am back with a HJT log

Run HJT again and put a check in the following:

F3 - REG:win.ini: load=????????????? ?
F3 - REG:win.ini: run=????????????? ?

Close all applications and browser windows before you click "fix checked".
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application. Beware it is NOT supported for use in 9x or ME and probably will not install in those systems

Upgrading Java:

Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 update 4.
Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
Click the "Download" button to the right.
Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
The page will refresh.
Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.
You don't need a lot of that in start up. Examples would be QTTask.exe:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/Qttask.exe-4341.html

You can use the link to bleepingcomputer to check all of your startups and decide if you want to start them manually or leave them in startup.

You don't have to delete them and don't do it with hijackthis, use msconfig to just remove them from startup.

Click Start - Run, type in MSCONFIG, then click OK - "Startup" tab.

<< Remove what you want to remove >>

Click Apply - OK afterwards, then reboot. When the SCU window appears during reboot, ignore the message. Place a checkmark in the window, then click OK.
If you decide you want something running that you have disabled just use msconfig again and uncheck the item(s).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-years-later-and-i-am-back-with-a-hjt-log.682185/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi ive had my pc for about years now after a friend built this machine Its been great for six years but its running very slow now PC Spec Coolermaster Elite case Intel core duo E GHZ Nvidia Geforce GT Memory Ram GB Lite on DVD Vista Home Bit Unsure make Model of years 6 Slow pc after hard drive I tried to re-install my Vista disc so PC would be back to original state as from new even tho i would lose all my files this is the only thing i can think of as iam not very PC literate When i tried to re-install disc its coming up with this below F Sources SPWIZENG DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error then another windows opens with this The file autorun dll could not be loaded or is currupt For the last few days ive been going round and round in circles as what i can do but no luck so far So could someone help me on this matter please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/slow-pc-after-6-years-536822.html