Windows Support Forum

Aspire E-15 shuts down on battery power

Q: Aspire E-15 shuts down on battery power

Hello nbsp I recently purchased of the E - g- vg for teachers at our school A single E is now battery E-15 shuts Aspire power on down having some trouble specifically when unplugged and on Battery I have done research on here and run across the R thread requiring a tightening of screws and as well have used the Battery Reset pinhole technique but to no avail The laptop will unexpectedly shut down whether it is on an unsteady surface like in ones lap or on a sturdy static surface like a desk It also shuts down randomly in regards to battery whether it bet in the range etc Logs seem not to indicate any software or OS Aspire E-15 shuts down on battery power issue so I am going to bank this on the battery Is there anything I can do before sending it in to hopefully be fixed The unavailability time is high full weeks from the date they receive it and that will greatly affect a teacher so close to our end of semester testing schedule nbsp nbsp Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated Thanks

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E-15-shuts-down-on-battery-power/td-p/466785
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Aspire E-15 shuts down on battery power

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi everybody, i discovered today that my PC shuts down at 37% without any reason or notification. According to AIda64, my battery has a 27% of physical wear...

Maybe virus? A problem with the battery? A problem related with the energy device?

My lap is ASUS X451M Win 8.1

A:My laptop shuts down at 37% of battery power

@el gitano
Try calibrating it drain your battery to 0% then charge it to 100%...

https://malwaretips.com/threads/my-laptop-shuts-down-at-37-of-battery-power.65397/
Relevancy 70.52%

A friend asked me to look into why his Aspire One (P1VE6, 722-0879) doesn't power up. The transformer is putting out 19v so I assume it's okay. But with the transformer plugged into the netbook there's not a flicker of life after pressing the power button, regardless of whether the battery is installed or absent.  One possibility is that the battery is dead, and a battery must be present for the netbook to power up. Can anyone confirm if a working battery must be present for an Aspire One to power up?  Thanks.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Can-an-Aspire-One-power-up-without-battery/td-p/451915
Relevancy 70.09%

System: Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Laptop: ASUS K52F with SSD; Laptop is almost 6 years old

When the laptop is on battery power, the laptop shuts down when the battery gets down to about 50-60%. This is a new behavior; the laptop did not behave like this in the past. The critical battery setting is at 10% so it should not shut down at 50-60%. I opened the laptop and checked for dust - it is clean since I periodically clean it. I scanned the laptop (in safe mode) with Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, ADWCleaner, Gmer, TDSSKiller, Avira - nothing found. Could this just be a bad battery? Or could the laptop be shutting down on high heat?

Any thoughts as to why this is happening and what I can do to solve this problem? Thank you.

A:Laptop Shuts Down Prematurely When On Battery Power

Hi my friend

This could be heating problem i think , you could download this

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/hwmonitor.html

checking your temperatures , what is your model

https://www.asus.com/us/support/article/565/

in which surface the laptop is placed ? I am thinking not in bed Do you buy any cooler pad ?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/laptop-shuts-down-prematurely-when-on-battery-power.309795/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have had this computer for a few years and a few months ago the battery slowly stopped holding a charge until it stopped working all together Leaving the battery connected to the computer made the computer run wonky so I took it out completely Recently I got a new battery to replace the old one in hopes of making my computer portable again but it is doing basically the same thing except the battery is at full charge rather than rapidly depleating Basically what happens is the battery is at full charge- great I disconnect the power cord and then A few seconds later there is a popping sound and the computer goes completely dead until I plug it in again and start it up proceeding with the 'windows didn't shut down correctly' screen ect This has lead me to believe that in essence power warning Computer down without on battery when no... shuts something is wrong with the computer itself Computer shuts down without warning on battery power when no... making it in essence 'allergic to batteries' I cannot afford a new computer at this point and at the time I spent a great deal more money to buy a better laptop so that I WOULDNT have issues with it or have to replace it every years nbsp Is this something that has to be brought to a computer mechanic who can take the thing apart and physically repair it As a side note I have to shut down the computer by unplugging it or else when I start it up again I will not get my user account to appear- it will just be the blue background without any options to shut down or log in availible This problem is worse with a battery attached to the computer- it takes removing the battery and incorrectly re-starting several times for the user Computer shuts down without warning on battery power when no... account to appear- I can practically never move my computer Or shut it down properly Ever without these issues

A:Computer shuts down without warning on battery power when no...

Hi, Is there a way for you to boot the computer back again?If you can then kindly hover your mouse cursor to the lower right corner down to the battery icon and check if you will get a message "Plug in not charging"..? If Yes then follow the steps herehttp://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/windows-10-update-prevents-batt...  Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Computer-shuts-down-without-warning-on-battery-power-when/td-p/5771608
Relevancy 69.23%

I have an Aspire that I thought had an issue with the battery being very old Yet when I replaced the battery with a new one the laptop came on normally but was not charging the battery and eventually it shut off from having drained the battery too low nbsp I removed the Aspire 5516 AC, not won't battery off chargi... power power plug and the battery held the power key for seconds and then plugged the power plug into the laptop Pressing the power button resulted in the blue power light on the front and the ON button coming on for about a second then turning off It seems like it is polling for a signal that is not present and shutting down when it is not found nbsp Putting the battery back in and plugging the external power in gives me a very slow-blinking inconsistant orange light The machine will not turn on Charging the battery for several days like this yields no different results nbsp I have checked the connections to the plug from the outside of the laptop and have made sure there is good contact with both the center pin and the outer conductor nbsp Checking the voltage on the plug I believe I had V Checking the pins that contact the battery the extreme end contacts when the power is attached to the laptop showed V across them The other pins showed V to ground nbsp Online searches mention a fuse that could be the battery's charging problem but my understanding is that the machine should function on power cord alone with the battery removed This is currently not the case nbsp Is the laptop designed to power on and function with no battery if connected to external power nbsp If it is designed to be powered externall only and it is not working what could be the cause nbsp How can it be repaired nbsp What would cause the battery to not charge nbsp Thanks in advance for any help

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5516-won-t-power-off-AC-battery-not-charging/td-p/462745
Relevancy 69.23%

Clearly something wrong with the battery on my Acer Aspire 7740 laptop. Preloaded with Windows 7, 64-bit o.s. [would love to get rid of that]. Battery, which is always fully powered, allows only 1 1/2 to 2 hrs use off power. Transformer is functioning, connection to laptop is good. I have a lousy battery, right? This product is under warranty, was purchased about 4 months ago.
Lots of problems. Have attempted to work with Acer support, but the communication is not only difficult, but virtually useless. Most of the time they can't understand the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-7740-battery-gives-only-2-hr-use-off-power-506684.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Dear readers as the title states my laptop randomly shut down twice so far when the battery was inside but the AC power cable was in the computer The battery icon bottom left indicated that it was charged running on AC power on High Performance and when I was in a game it randomly went off Rebooted quicker than (when when randomly power is down running shuts inside) AC on battery Laptop usual skipping some of the startup processes it usually does when I manually turn it off The first time it did this the battery was Laptop randomly shuts down when running on AC power (when battery is inside) very hot even though it was running on AC This time it is not it is barely warm Another thing to mention is that both times after being back in desktop the battery would be quot available plugged in charging quot but it would not charge it stays at until I remove it and put it back in I am having a problem while playing games as well which we are discussing in another thread here http forums techguy org games -significant-fps-drops html And here is my original thread http forums techguy org games -large-fps-performance-drop-stuttering html post Hope someone has some insight on the matter Kindest regards Vadim Zinkovski nbsp

A:Laptop randomly shuts down when running on AC power (when battery is inside)

Hi,
Some batteries can't take the electricity constantly flowing threw them i suggest you take the battery out when you plug it in the wall and put it in when your on the go. You battery does work still when you unplugg it from the wall right? And im guessing when your battery starts to fail it switches to "power saver" mode instead of "high performance" mode.
so take out the battery and plug it into the wall, store the battery until well until you need it. Hope this helps.
Also could be the result of a faulty battery..How long have you had your laptop?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-randomly-shuts-down-when-running-on-ac-power-when-battery-is-inside.864646/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a strange issue. I have a Lenovo T60 laptop and I am experiencing problems with the power management/power guage.

It will often show the battery not installed (power gauge is a greyish-white color with dashed lines) or it shows a red X. It does not matter if I am on AC power or on Battery power, it will show the full range of power, battery level, not installed, or an error.

I have searched Lenovo's site and I seem to remember seeing an FAQ about this, but now that I need it, I cannot find it.

What can I check or do to stop this? While it is annoying, I am not sure if I am having a battery problem or not. I did check my battery on Lenovo's site to see if it was recalled and it is not.

I do appreciate any help that any one can give me.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-t60-power-guage-shows-battery-not-installed-while-on-battery-power.690786/
Relevancy 59.77%

After my friend's laptop wouldn't run on battery power OR charge the battery I tried many "fixes."

Shockingly none worked that I found.

Only one thing worked for me to my surprise.

A last ditch effort was to open up the laptop (sony pcg-81114L) and disconnect the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset the CMOS.

To my surprise, when powered on, the battery instantly showed it was charging AND when removing the power plug the battery POWERS the laptop now! (and I'd thought I was wasting my time.)

Worked with an off brand battery also.

Many times this has saved many computers that have odd "unsolvable" things wrong with them.

Surely someone else has done this also but I haven't seen it posted anywhere to my knowledge.

Thank GOD for bringing the idea to remembrance!

A:sony vaio won't charge battery or run on battery power (CMOS BATTERY FIX!)

Hi askfault,
Do you have any information on how this fixes the battery problem? would be interested to know.

Xen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511609/sony-vaio-wont-charge-battery-or-run-on-battery-power-cmos-battery-fix/
Relevancy 55.9%

So this time the problem started out as a simple issue Whenever I bump the desk or move the keyboard out with too much force the computer shuts off Everybody told me that it could have been a loose connection so I checked it all and replugged everything back in The computer starting working fine for about hours then it just shut off randomly while I was playing a game shuts off computer and around it any Power shuts off randomly, movement This time though it shut off without me bumping into anything SO is this a power supply issue I m using a -watt supply while running a GT This is the right power amount so that s not my concern And Power shuts off randomly, and any movement around computer shuts it off now the problem has gotten worse to the point where I turn on the computer and nothing shows up again Windows doesn t load and the screen Power shuts off randomly, and any movement around computer shuts it off is on too You here the fans and everything but nothing will load All my parts from my old issue were replaced EXCEPT the power supply and CD-drive I don t think it could be another loose connection b c now nothing even shows up Please help nbsp

A:Power shuts off randomly, and any movement around computer shuts it off

Have you tried plugging into a different surge protector and different outlet?

Sounds like you need to swap the power supply to me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-shuts-off-randomly-and-any-movement-around-computer-shuts-it-off.653308/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi out cuts battery power, on laptop battery good my girlfriend in Beijing has an Acer Aspire S latop She bought a new battery for it laptop cuts out on battery power, battery good a while back and told me it was no good I was in Beijing recently messing around with it and found that actually the battery is fine lasts for gt hours but when unplugged and running on battery power the laptop often just cuts out suddenly loss of power I took the battery out and had a look and cleaned all the connections but they seem fine The next part is the strange part and which I hope might give someone a clue as to what s going on When it cuts out it will never restart again unless the mains power cable is plugged back into the laptop As soon as that s done and the power button is pressed it starts up again and the cable can be taken out immediately I mean immediately - you can plug the cable in push the quot power on quot button and pull the cable back out in less than a second and it will start up and run fine on battery again until the next time it suddenly cuts out without warning Because any unsaved data is lost and because the laptop cannot restart without the power adaptor this very portable and light laptop is now reduced to having to be kept at home all the time and plugged in which is exactly the opposite of what she bought it for Anybody have any idea what the problem could be or suggest some tests that could be done to find out She took it to a local computer shop but the guys there had no idea Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cuts-out-on-battery-power-battery-good.1164783/
Relevancy 54.18%

Over the last few months I noticed that the battery meter on my Dell Inspiron E laptop was blinking red to green and back so having had this laptop for several years I assumed that I would need a new battery soon The adapter power cord was also beginning to lose some of its covering near the plug in site so I ordered both a new battery and power cord That was about weeks ago Upon receiving my order I was very pleased to see that when I installed the new battery and new cord the battery already had some charge I didn t note how much I felt relieved to have my mind at ease that adaptor Combo recognized power battery not battery and but all was now well with my computer little did I know that I d be Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized needing help less than two weeks later Important note I very rarely use my laptop without the power cord past experience proved to be frustrating because I always needed more time than the battery provided I ve probably only used the laptop quot on battery quot a few dozen times over the last years Now I am in a dilemma Yesterday I took the laptop with me out of town when my husband and I did some real estate hunting Instead of using the laptop on battery we had it plugged into a special power converter for use in the car I noticed that whenever we stopped and turned off the ignition the laptop would lose it s power immediately and as we resumed our travel I d have to Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized restart the computer and there would be the quot black amp white quot warning screen about the computer not being shut down properly We had not used the laptop at home for a Combo battery and power adaptor but battery not recognized few days so I thought it was just a problem of quot low battery quot so I just restarted it in normal mode I didn t even look at the battery meter My husband and I stopped for lunch at a local quot McDonald s quot which had wifi so we could continue our homes search on the web Rather than bring the power cord inside I decided to use the laptop quot on battery quot and quot Zap quot to my dismay and utter quot shock quot it wouldn t even power up I just went out to the car grabbed the cord plugged it in and began my research over lunch I didn t even notice that the battery meter was not illuminated That was yesterday Now about hours later I notice the problem and the icon in the tray shows the red X over the power cord that no battery is detected I thought that maybe since I hadn t used the laptop in a few days the new battery had quot died quot but I didn t think it had REALLY DIED For the last couple of hours I ve been seeking help about this issue online I ve tried some of the advice mentioned on response posts which applied to other similar experiences on this forum and even on Dell s website but I haven t had any success with those suggestions I ve seen a few posts about it being the motherboard I m not tech-savvy enough to know what will happen if I don t quot fix quot this problem immediately I m not sure what I should do next I do hope that it can be resolved without having to replace the computer Any suggestions We live in a rural area and I haven t had to use computer repair services before All my issues before have been resolved easily with a phone call to Dell We are several years past the warranty period Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks NC Campbells Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon X Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc XD Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/combo-battery-and-power-adaptor-but-battery-not-recognized.1038730/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,

Vista is retrieving me the error message that it is not able to retrieve the power parameters.
Do i need to install a softawre to allow me to access those parameters ?

Thanks for you feedback,

Rgds,

F,

A:Battery - Vista is not able the retrieve the power options for the battery

Hi

To be honest I have no idea what you are talking about.
The Vista power options are a part of the Vista OS and you don?t need to install anything.

But on Toshiba notebook the Vista power option would be extended by some Toshiba power options.
Are you speaking about this Power Saver options?
If yes, then I would recommend reinstalling the VAP (value added package) because these power options are a part of VAP.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56712-Battery-Vista-is-not-able-the-retrieve-the-power-options-for-the-battery
Relevancy 54.18%

Recently I noticed that the amber LED on my HP Probook 650 G1 flashing constantly, even when the laptop is powered off.   The System Tray battery indication is 100%, fully charged, when on AC power and 100% on battery power shortly after undocking.    I find the Probook won't power up if AC power is not available (no response when pressing power button) but remains powered when I remove it from the docking station.    Have the electronics that control this LED flashing and power up when not on AC gone bad?    Is this an indication of other failure? thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/laptop-won-t-power-up-with-battery-but-battery-is-fully/td-p/5655982
Relevancy 54.18%

This problem occurred with prior Win Home O S so I upgraded to Windows nbsp HP If Only. 2000 On ... & Battery Power Both Runs Great Battery Heavens-to-Mergatroid nbsp This laptop runs just fine when only battery is powering it nbsp However once I also HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power ... plug in the power cord the O S does a hard crash within to minutes How special nbsp I can get about to hours when using the HP 2000 Runs Great On Battery Only. If Both Battery & Power ... battery but not if I also plug in the power cord nbsp That means that when the battery gets low I must perform a standard shutdown and then insert the power cord which recharges the battery if I don't turn nbsp on computer nbsp If I then start the computer with both connected it crashes nbsp I am not patient enough to live with a computer that has to be recharged every couple of hours nbsp HELP nbsp I suspected a heating issue so I took the back panels off and thoroghly cleaned the fan vents and other cracks and crevices using canned air but this did not fix the problem nbsp Since in runs just fine on the battery I deduce it is NOT a heating issue neither dust or heat paste issues nbsp I also used a cooling mat to no avail nbsp Im years old living in God's waiting room but parts of my body are to nbsp However I do have Essential Tremors in both hands so I cannot do a full laptop disassembly even if I want to which I don't nbsp I cannot afford to pay a computer repair shop or more to try a fix this vexing power issue nbsp Other than hocking my car it's too old also to buy a new nbsp laptop does anyone have a kind affordable suggestion that might correct the problem nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-2000-Runs-Great-On-Battery-Only-If-Both-Battery-amp-Power/td-p/5717709
Relevancy 53.32%

Recently I installed a new game on my computer (Far Cry 3), and after a while playing it, my computer suddenly shut down, just like a power outtage (except the power was not out).

After debating with friends, I went more towards a hardware problem rather than a software problem, so I thought something could have too high temperature (CPU, GPU, the HDD, etc.).

I have two HDD's, and they used to be together, but I decided to separate them, to reduce their average temperature.

I installed a software called CPUID HWMonitor, and it shows me these values (when browsing and not playing the refered game):

Note that this has happened before with previous games (Neverwinter and Guild Wars 2), and I'm still not sure whether this is a hardware or software problem, since separating both HDD didn't solve the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Computer shuts down like power outtage, Kernel Power Error ID 41

Some error relates to Sentinel/SafeNet products.

Code:
Event[33197]:
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 2013-05-07T09:32:28.187
Event ID: 7000
Task: N/A
Level: Erro
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Cl?ssico
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: David-PC
Description:
O servi?o Sentinel64 falhou o arranque devido ao seguinte erro:
O sistema n?o consegue localizar o dispositivo especificado.
It is some data protection mechanism, so it may cause some real failure there. And the driver is appearing as too old.

Code:
Sentinel64 Sentinel64 Kernel 01-02-2007 11:39:44
Update Sentinel products from Technical Support - Drivers and Developer Kits.

Also, the just predecessor events of the Event ID: 41 are ....

Code:
Event[34173]:
Source: avkmgr
Date: 2013-05-09T23:33:45.440
Event ID: 17
Level: Informa??es
Description:
avkmgr.sys version 12.0.20.2 successfully loaded

Event[34174]:
Source: avipbb
Date: 2013-05-09T23:33:45.549
Event ID: 17
Level: Informa??es
Description:
avipbb.sys version 12.0.50.34 successfully loaded

Event[34175]:
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 2013-05-09T23:33:45.549
Event ID: 41
Level: Cr?tico
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Description:
O sistema foi reiniciado sem primeiro ter sido encerrado de forma correcta. Este erro poder? ser provocado por o sistema ter parado de responder, ter sofrido uma falha ou ter perdido a alimenta??o de forma inesperada.
Both are avira related. So better you uninstall Avira. At least as a try. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Uninstall MagicISO.

ITEMVALUENome MagicISO SCSI Host ControllerFabricante MagicISO, Inc.Estado OKID de dispositivo PNP ROOT\SCSIADAPTER\0000Controlador c:\windows\system32\drivers\mcdbus.sys (2.7.106.519, 249,56 KB (255.552 bytes), 28-07-2012 22:02)
Those SCSI adapters used by the virtual disc emaluator programs are mostly problematic.

Let us know the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297117-computer-shuts-down-like-power-outtage-kernel-power-error-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

When I got home from work tonight, my Win7 desktop appeared to be asleep, which is normal. I hit the power button to wake, it, walked away, and when I came back, it was not up as I'd have expected.

I looked more closely and something really weird was happening.

The fan would turn on and the power lights would come on. Not sure if I heard the HD (there's an OS C drive, and mirrored data D drives). Three seconds later, it would power off, without anything ever displaying on the monitor, no bios screen, nothing. This would just keep repeating.

I managed to get the CD drive open and put a boot disk in, but the whole sequence happens so fast that it doesn't even recognize the CD or try to boot from it.

Right now I have the computer turned off and unplugged, and hope that this will rectify itself with the passage of time.

A:Computer gets power, shuts off, gets power, repeats, never boots

Quote: Originally Posted by 450125

When I got home from work tonight, my Win7 desktop appeared to be asleep, which is normal. I hit the power button to wake, it, walked away, and when I came back, it was not up as I'd have expected.

I looked more closely and something really weird was happening.

The fan would turn on and the power lights would come on. Not sure if I heard the HD (there's an OS C drive, and mirrored data D drives). Three seconds later, it would power off, without anything ever displaying on the monitor, no bios screen, nothing. This would just keep repeating.

I managed to get the CD drive open and put a boot disk in, but the whole sequence happens so fast that it doesn't even recognize the CD or try to boot from it.

Right now I have the computer turned off and unplugged, and hope that this will rectify itself with the passage of time.

Have you done any overclocking?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/199812-computer-gets-power-shuts-off-gets-power-repeats-never-boots.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So I have an ASUS P4C800-E motherboard in a system that a built a few years back. It worked fine but the system has been sitting in my basement for a year or two unused.

I decided to take the components and drop them in a new case.

I have hooked everything back up properly (i think) but when I hit the power button, the cpu fan, power supply fan and case fans turn on for a brief second and then shut off. (the green standby light on the motherboard is on)

What do I do?

I think you can tell from my question I am exteremly amatuer at this. Simple explanations please...

A:Turn power on... fans start up then power shuts off in 1 second

With it shutting down after 1sec, I would check that the hsf is plugged in and working. If there is no fan input ie fan speed, most boards shutdown. In addition that the hsf is installed correctly. If it is loose, etc you will have problems. Most of the time when the hsf is loose, it shuts down in about 5~10sec not 1sec. I tend to think it is more of a shorting problem of the board to the case.

If that is not the case, I would attempt to pw ON the system outside of the case. There are complete instructions in a guide at the top of the forum. It is called troubleshooting guide for problem builds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turn-power-on-fans-start-up-then-power-shuts-off-in-1-second.739887/
Relevancy 52.03%

I replaced the DC jack on an Acer today with a new one. When the laptop has the battery in the power LED shows a power source(unfortunately the battery is dead). When I remove the battery and plug in the charger to the new DC jack, no LED. Hitting the power button results in a flash from the power button light and power LED for an instant but no POST or boot. I tried different chargers as I have a few universals laying around so that's not it.....What's the problem?

A:Acer Aspire 5742 no power from dc jack, replaced it, still no power

Maybe not enough power on my acer laptop the charger says the output is 19 volts 3.4 amps and it runs fine without the battery installed, When I dont have the battery installed and the charger pluged in there is no indication that the changer is indeed plugged in and also when I turn it on I usually press the button just a bit longer to turn it on

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334453-acer-aspire-5742-no-power-dc-jack-replaced-still-no-power.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have tried to power it up with power ac plugged in and without. on/off power button flashes white.
battery is inside "sealed" and may be difficult to access.
ran fine yesterday, shut down with 20% battery life.

if the ac plug is unplugged then i can get the led to turn off but once pushed, it ony flashes. no results

warranty is expired.
unit manufactured april 23 2015

i currently have it plugged in but no flashing light as i have not pushed the power button. im hoping that it will take a charge or correct itself with time.

what do you suggest? thank you

A:i have a lenovo edge 15 model80k9. led power light is blinking but computer will not repond. no power up . the battery is "s

Try the following...

1. Take out (or take it off) the charger.
2. Next take out the battery
3. Now hold down power button for 20 seconds and then rinsert battery.
4. Now put it on the charger again

NOTE: Make sure charger is plugged into the main power supply (not an extension cord, surge protector, etc.)

Sometimes, when the device is not plugged in directly, it doesn't get the power it needs. Holding the power button, while you restart it, clears out the temporary ram (no it won't delete anything you have saved) and will give the device access to the ram it needs.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123715/lenovo-edge-model80k9-led-power-light-blinking-computer-repond-power-battery.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Am new here but long-time Windows uses since Win95.
Currently have a DELL E6530 and it gave me a BSOD Event 41 Error while on batteries! Looking around Google and other forums, this transpires to be a PSU related problem, but it's a laptop, and was running on batteries at the time the BSOD happened. System was idling at the time. Running Win 7 Pro 64, as supplied by DELL.

Thanks in advance for any input...

Kind regards

A:DELL E6530 Event 41, Kernel-Power on battery power

Follow the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Without dump files, nobody can help you as to the cause of your shutdown.

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364358-dell-e6530-event-41-kernel-power-battery-power.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello this is my second Battery Showing Power Not Icon Power Status XP Windows post on this website and I hope I m posting in the correct category Here s Windows XP Power Icon Battery Power Status Not Showing the problem I m having and I hope someone can help I ve just repaired Windows Windows XP Power Icon Battery Power Status Not Showing XP and its now booting up great however the battery icon in the bottom left has a symbol the icon showing is a quot plug quot as if my laptop is plugged in and it never shows how much battery life I have weather my laptop is plugged in or not I know my battery isn t failing or is damaged because I checked it with another hard drive that has windows XP and with Dell Diagnostics and the battery icon shows up normally i e showing me how much battery life I have left I ve been reading up on this and I think Windows XP s quot Power Manager quot thinks or act as if I m on a Desktop when I quot m on a laptop Please Help lol

A:Windows XP Power Icon Battery Power Status Not Showing

Hello -Did the battery Icon ever work when you were in "Malware Removal" forum with Elise ??Please list your Dell model -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462761/windows-xp-power-icon-battery-power-status-not-showing/
Relevancy 51.6%

Daughter last used laptop on battery power and ran id down completely until computer shut off. She plugged in the power cord and it would not come on when pressing the power button.  Laptop was plugged in overnight and this morning same issue - the power light just blinks five times when you press the power button. This is the same behaviour whether plugged into power or not. I've tried holding down the power button. Tried with battery removed and A/C power, but then no light comes on at all.  I've tried removing the battery and A/C power, holding the power button down for 30 seconds, then install battery and plug in A/C power, but no difference.  I tried a different A/C power adapter and no difference. Any ideas?     

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Aspire V5 wont power on. Power light blinks five t...

I had an object hold down the power button all day.  I now plugged in the A/C power, and it started right away.  Problem solved. 

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-wont-power-on-Power-light-blinks-five-times/td-p/384100
Relevancy 51.17%

Can anyone help please, Im wanting to fix this Aspire 5600, It was working fine not long ago then all of a sudden its started just turning off, not going through shutdown ,it just go's off suddenly, from wherever it is, whether in XP or even when I was checking the bios it even shut off then.

I tried removing the battery and running just from ac but still shut down.
I tried running just from battery, shut down.

I have another newer aspire with identical ac power supply so i tried this incase it was the supply but it still powered off.

I would really appreciate the help and I have replaced many parts in all kinds a machines so what ever the fault I mean to fix if possible.

A:Aspire 5600 Shuts Down

check the temperatures

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aspire-5600-shuts-down.1085747/
Relevancy 51.17%

My PC shuts down and restarts while connected to 1000 VA UPS backup battery. PC Power: 475 Watts -- Do I need a higher capacity UPS? Please help!Thank you.

Relevancy 51.17%

For the past couple weeks, my laptop has been just powering off at 17% when on battery. It used to go into hibernation mode when it got to 5% and when I restarted it it would go into Windows Resume mode, but now it just shuts right off T 17%, and I lose anything I was working on and when I turn it back on it does not give me the option to resume windows anymore.

Any way to fix this?

TIA!

Relevancy 51.17%

Okay been using a Toshiba M laptop for a battery Laptop bay when in off shuts is few years without much fuss just half an hour ago it shut off unexpectedly when i was moving it from the bed to the table First time Laptop shuts off when battery is in bay it happened When I turn it back on it loads up XP then when my apps are loading up and my antivirus is doing a startup scan it shuts off again happens times in a row Looked closely at the lights there are four blue lights AC Power Battery HDD and when it shuts down all four go out then - secs later the AC and Battery come back on usually when laptop is off the AC and battery lights always stay on unless i unplug the adaptor or turn off power board Finally got the shutdowns to stop by taking out battery Ran MobileMeter and my temps are around C which shouldn t be overheating Now I admit i do keep the battery in at all times i realize this might shorten the battery life but one time after a power shortage caused me to lose a document that i hadn t saved i always keep the battery in as backup protection from when the AC power goes out But these shutdowns i experienced are like my laptop suddenly passes out I googed and a thread came up and someone said something about voltage and overloading problems the mobo couldn t draw enough power or something and that causes shutdowns but i had no problems up until now could a faulty battery be the cause of this problem It scared the crap out of me because i thought the CPU was failing I really hope it s not an internal hardware problem and it s been over half an hour right now with no shutdowns Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop shuts off when battery is in bay

Just found it it may not be the battery after all, i have taken the batery out and used only AC power, ran an antivirus scan (Cpu intensive task) to test, and after a minute or so it shut off again. Seems like it shuts down whenever it tries to draw a lot of power.

Could it be a dying motherboard? It's a Toshiba Satellite M40, fairly old laptop, definitely out of warranty but i'm not sure if i can even replace the mobo as its pretty old now (3-4 yrs old).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-off-when-battery-is-in-bay.853982/
Relevancy 50.74%
Relevancy 50.74%

Now the laptop DELL 9400 is saying I cannot defrag because the battery is too low. But I dont use the battery at all. I always use the ac adapter cord.
Is there a setting to address this issue, or is this a hardware problem?

A:Using AC power but laptop shows using battery power

Turn off the laptop, remove the battery and then start up again (with the AC power attached of course!). Do you still get the problem? Or does the laptop not turn on at all?

Slainte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-ac-power-but-laptop-shows-using-battery-power.864740/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi. Im new on this forum, but I have a problem with my Inspiron 1545 laptop from Dell pre-loaded Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (although I did re-install several times with OEM OS restore disc). Money is tight for us now, so my AC power jack on the side of my laptop (or the end which connects to the jack) is damaged. I don't know what it is or how serious it is. Once for a while we had to protect the cord from slipping out using duct tape. The only thing I really know is that the coded white rim on that end of the cord, a very small part of it is chipped. And my battery needs replaced, do I need to still fork over an expensive sum for a brand new one?

A:Broken AC power jack, no battery power, help

Hi CSean and welcome to SF
As I understand it, it's not the Laptop-side of the connection that's broken right?
In that case you might find this link helpful:

Amazon.com: Replacement Plug for Dell Inspiron 1525 1526 1545 Laptop Ac Adapter: Computers & Accessories
Granted those aftermarket replacements are not necessarily in the same quality as the original parts.
You often trade off quality for price.
These seem to be original parts (for 3-6x the price as it seems):
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...&bih=726&ion=1

Hope it helps you further
-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264672-broken-ac-power-jack-no-battery-power-help.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everybody,

since yesterday SA. 02.13.2016 shows my battery (Computer 2 the year 9 days old) the message "battery will not be charged"
when the AC adapter is connected to power. The computer turns off after 3 minutes.

If the computer is off and the AC adapter is connected to power,
changes the display "DC IN / Battery"
color yellow / orange (about 30 seconds) to white (2 minutes 30 seconds) and later
color yellow / orange (about 30 seconds) to white (about 5 minutes 30 seconds), over and over again.

Please, what could be the problem?
Many thanks for the help.

A:Satellite P50-A-144 shuts off - battery does not charge

your battery is dead and gone. i don't think you can get the battery out of your laptop without taking the back panel off either, i'd suggest running it without the battery in otherwise

find yourself a new battery online

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90123-Satellite-P50-A-144-shuts-off-battery-does-not-charge
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello ...
I have had a Toshiba C850-A965 laptop for 4 years
and it's been working perfectly
untill one day recently, a message poped up saying that there's something wrong with the battery and should be replaced, but it was still the same, works for an hour and a half approximately
But, I went ahead and bought a new battery, the message disappeared
and i fully charged and then started the laptop
it worked for about 15 mins and then it shut down ( like u took the plug off from a desktop computer) without any warning
when i turned it back on, it was still fully charged !!! and the shutting down happend again and again :(
the old battery is still working fine
so that must mean that there's nth wrong with my laptop right? and the battery is bad?
please give me your opinions
thank you for your precious time

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/laptop-new-battery-shuts-down-suddenly-4606018/
Relevancy 50.74%

So on my laptop the battery says 86% all the time it does not indicate that its charging nor does it die or charge more. I even got a new battery, it ran on it until it died it never charged it. Laptop is Sony Vaio VPCF1

Relevancy 50.74%

If my battery level falls below 30% the notebook will power off. I used the HP Battery Check in the Support Assistant which said that the battery is working properly. I unchecked the box on the battery saver and it still shut down.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/notebook-shuts-off-when-battery-reaches-30/td-p/5804593
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, From last few days I facing the issue that my laptop shuts down without any warrning only on battery, usually after using the 50% of battery.And battery is not charging more than 98%.Here are my laptop specs and details :Spectell.com/hp-probook-450-g1-e9y02ea-laptop/Now battery is discharging more quickly as well. (Laptop is not warrenty now) Any suggestion or recomandation please... Thanks,Yahya.

A:Laptop shuts down without warning on battery

You need to run a battery status test which you can do by tapping F2 as you power up to get into diagnostic mode. If you are out of warranty and the laptop is over 2 years old the first thing we think of with battery problems is that the battery is old and needs replacing. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-shuts-down-without-warning-on-battery/td-p/5653713
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey Im the almost happy owner of and Y700-17ISK, but Im having issues with the battery. If im watching a movie, or playing a game, meaning the laptop is on for ~2h or so with heavy usage, charger is plugged in. At some point it will shutdown unexpected, I can then power it right back up and now it will run on the AC adaptor. It does remember where i was in the game or movie, so its not a complete shutdown. This time however, Im sitting at a battery on 0% power, and it says not charging. Uninstalling the battery drivers from hardware management, have not helped. So im stuck with 2 problems: - Laptop drains battery to 0%, then shuts off -> turn it on, and it runs on battery.- My battery is now at 0% and wont charge. What do I do?

A:Y700 ISK drains battery, then shuts off.

Just a follow up. I tried using the AC adaptor of my friends laptop Lenovo Y70 Touch.It now goes straight to charging no issues. My laptops AC adapator however wont work on his Y70, it doesnt even recognize it as plugged in. This got me wondering....I bought a demo laptop from the store showroom, at a great price though! But it came without the box, only laptop + charger. It came with a 3.25A adaptor, his Y70 came with a 6.75A adaptor.Im sitting here thinking, how can you run an i7 + 960M and charge a battery on ~65W ? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-ISK-drains-battery-then-shuts-off/td-p/3432422
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a pavillion Dv6, and I'm having a problem with the computer simply shutting off when the battery is running low. It happened today when the battery was at 35%, and it gave no warning of low battery or anything. It didn't even go through the shutdown process... it just shut off immediately. I checked my settings, and the computer is supposed to go to sleep at 10%, and shut down at 5%. I'm running Windows 7 x64. Let me know if you have any advice.

A:Notebook Shuts-Off Without Warning when battery is low (Dv6)

Hi Drummer89,  do you have HP support assistant installed on your laptop? If so, perform the following steps"Open HP Support AssistantClick "Troubleshoot"Click "Power, Thermal and Mechanical"Click the "Power" tabClick "Battery Check" in the Resources section.It may be your battery is out of "sync" with your laptop. If you don't have HP Support assistant installed, click start>help. and type Battery, or calibrate battery. Please let me know if this helps. 

______________________________________________________________________________ProBook 4710S, Win 10 Pro 32 bit, T6570 @ 2.1Ghz, 320GB, 3GB, ATI Mobility HD 4330Elitebook 840 G1 Win 7 Enterprise x64HP Stream 7 Tablet Windows 10 Home

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Notebook-Shuts-Off-Without-Warning-when-battery-is-low-Dv6/td-p/238446
Relevancy 50.74%

My Asus X44H often shuts down (immediately) when unplugged, even though the battery monitor (Battery Bar Pro) I use shows that there is maybe 70%plus battery power left. It will run on battery OK for a while, then sometimes I get an audio warning that power is low, but often, as I say, not, the laptop just goes black.

The battery is now getting old, but before I buy a replacement, is this definitely a problem with the battery itself, or could there be some other issue here?

I don't have any problems when using a/c power..

Thanks

A:Laptop shuts down with no warning when on battery

Hello martinlest. I'm Brian. Definitely sounds like a shot battery. Will the laptop power back on after the blackout or does it do nothing? After it goes off, reattach the AC, boot up and see what percent the battery shows. I am having one of my old units do the same and the battery is 2 or 3 percent when I bring the laptop back up on AC. It'll charge to 100% after a couple of hours and repeat the same exact thing 30 minutes after I disconnect the AC.
Let Me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386809-laptop-shuts-down-no-warning-when-battery.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everyone, I have a HP 15 Touchsmart. This started happening to me yesterday in the afternoon. My laptop will shut off at around 27% battery life. The low battery message does not come on till around 15% battery life, but regardless no low battery warning message appears.  After it shuts off it will not turn on unless the charge is plugged into it.  Has anyone experienced this before?? Any feedback or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

A:HP 15 TouchSmart shuts off with out low battery warning

Hi FranciscoMacia, Please download HP Support assistant with link that i shared below and do battery test.  HP Support Assistant | Download  Thanks,

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post if you want to say "Thanks!"Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel that my post solved your issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-15-TouchSmart-shuts-off-with-out-low-battery-warning/td-p/5607509
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all nbsp I have my laptop for about years now and use it daily for my work I often put it to sleep Aspire down shuts 573G V5 Acer Randomly instead of shutting it down since I Acer Aspire V5 573G Randomly shuts down take it with me all the time and use it at several places nbsp days ago after putting it to sleep and Acer Aspire V5 573G Randomly shuts down going to a different place I tried turning it on again After pressing the powerbutton is started and I saw the acer logo on the screen but after a second the laptop just shutted down The same thing happened a few times after each other Also note I sometimes had to press the power button or times before something would happen Then the computer stayed on for a longer while but after - minutes just started shutting down again When this happens it first shows the shutting down signal and then abruptly turns off As if it loses power After that I got it to turn on and it worked without problems for the rest of the day and yesterday as well Even though I didn't do anything nbsp Today the same problem occured again Not starting starting for a few seconds and shutting down again then after minutes then after Now it's been running for about minutes nbsp I already tried the battery reset I also opened up the laptop and cleaned out the fans but that didn't help nbsp Two times it also automatically went into recovery mode but when I tried the repair problems options it started to shut down again nbsp TLDR My computer randomly shuts down and have no clue what is going on Does anybody have any idea on what might be the problem or what I might need to try Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp I run windows and BIOS Version Date Insyde Corp V

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-V5-573G-Randomly-shuts-down/td-p/462940
Relevancy 49.88%

My Notebook is more 1-yr old. I only used it for mobile internet surfing, uploading facebook photos, browser gaming.

Last month, the system becomes unstable, and showing errors like BSOD,

So decided to reformat the whole hdd, and install XP SP3.

During "Installing Devices" half progress, it shutdown sudden

I tried again, it always happening, even i borrowed/change an installer vista, win7

But 1 thing it works, i used mini windows xp from hirens boot cd.

Please help!

A:Aspire 4736z: Shuts Down in Installing Devices XP

Try and install again and see if it crashes again during the install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aspire-4736z-shuts-down-in-installing-devices-xp.1085625/
Relevancy 49.88%

this is my problem my aspire m shuts down seconds into boot cycle but this only happens after i turn it of over night to get the pc started i have to turn the power off at the socket then turn it back on to get the pc to into shuts aspire 10 seconds down m1610 boot start ihave to do this between and times to get it to boot up then it runs fine all day i can restart it and it boots ok ive tried startup repair and it cant find any problems its like it has to warm up each time i turn the power off then on again it gets a bit further into the boot process before it shuts down until it starts and runs fine ive run avast aspire m1610 shuts down 10 seconds into boot antivirus and superantispyware and have found no virus its really doing my head in at the momment im leaving the pc aspire m1610 shuts down 10 seconds into boot running constantly as turning the power on and of or so times cant be good for my pc ive got a dualcore e cpu and gig ram ive had the pc for over years with no problems im wondering could it be the psu or a motherboard failure or something else also i c ant do a complete system restore as it cant locate any back ups which is weird becuase i have backups stored on the pc any help would be greatly appreciated as im pulling my hair out over this thanks nbsp

A:aspire m1610 shuts down 10 seconds into boot

ive just checked all the capasitors in the pc as i heard this could be the problem but there are no bulging or leaking caps,so im back to pulling my hair out again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aspire-m1610-shuts-down-10-seconds-into-boot.981194/
Relevancy 49.88%

helloMy acer asipre R13 R7-371T-70ks will just shut off while working, and if you close the lid it goes into standby but when you wake it up some tires the screen glitches when you sign into windows 10. But it will always shut down without warning, and seems like pretty regularly it trips the battery circuit breaker. I have also noticed that the battery takes a while to give a accurate reading on it's battery like (i don't know it thats normal). So I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar problems, and if so what actions did you take. the unit wasmanufactured on 2015/02/04 I purchased it in October of 2015. It charges fine and seems like after one to two random restarts and or a battery circuit reset it work fine. Any Help would be greatly appreciated

A:Aspire R13(R7-371T-70KS Randomly shuts off & or Tr...

After installing Windows 10, my ACER R7-371T was shutding down randomly especially when the charger was not plug (running on battery). I of course suspected the battery but after a while, I recognize that the CPU was over heating when on battery (Check with speedfan software).I have searched windows power option and found out that in advance setting, the "CPU cooling mode" was set to "passive" when on battery and "active when on charger.I have changed the setting to active all the time and it looks good now!! I hope it helps someone Cheers,Laurent

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-R13-R7-371T-70KS-Randomly-shuts-off-amp-or-Trips-Circuit/td-p/414610
Relevancy 49.88%

helloMy acer asipre R13 R7-371T-70ks will just shut off while working, and if you close the lid it goes into standby but when you wake it up some tires the screen glitches when you sign into windows 10. But it will always shut down without warning, and seems like pretty regularly it trips the battery circuit breaker. I have also noticed that the battery takes a while to give a accurate reading on it's battery like (i don't know it thats normal). So I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar problems, and if so what actions did you take. the unit wasmanufactured on 2015/02/04 I purchased it in October of 2015. It charges fine and seems like after one to two random restarts and or a battery circuit reset it work fine. Any Help would be greatly appreciated

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-R13-R7-371T-70KS-Randomly-shuts-off-amp-or-Trips-Circuit/m-p/414610
Relevancy 49.88%

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-R13-R7-371T-70KS-Randomly-shuts-off-amp-or-Trips-Circuit/td-p/414610/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.88%

I thought installing the new Win 10 anniv ed (aug '16) might correct this, but no.still issue.I select restart and when it gets to the point of reinitiating the startup it instead just shuts down. really causes a lot of lost time.Not good.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-M5-583P-with-Windows-10-restart-just-shuts-down-instead/td-p/450259
Relevancy 49.88%

Few weeks ago, i noticed my laptop battery was 23% remaining and it shut off like it had no power. i pressed the power button and it wouldn't start. In power plan settings i have 10% low level battery, 5% critical battery level and 7% reserve level with notification on, but i dont get notification before laptop shuts off. It's like the power's cut.
Yesterday same thing happened but it happened alot sooner at around 41%. i pressed power button, it didn't start.
any suggestion? thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/75701-battery-problem-laptop-shuts-off-randomly.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi and greetings battery Y550P Shuts critical e... seemingly from down Thanks for stopping by nbsp I've been working for a couple weeks on a vexing problem On a Lenovo Y P laptop I have the following symptom nbsp My computer operates fine when plugged into AC adapter but as battery power is utilized it always goes through a critical battery error before the laptop battery is fully discharged It'll come down to or so battery life as indicated by the system and other battery utilities but then it'll Y550P Shuts down seemingly from critical battery e... change and in the blink of an eye it'll switch down to or less battery life and the battery LED indicator on the front panel will begin blinking and the computer goes through a shutdown procedure by the screen turning black and becoming inoperable after about minute it fully shuts down nbsp I've tried nbsp Swapping out batteries I've been through two new ones already both exhibit the same problem in addition to the older battery Changing and adjusting various power settings I altered the critical battery action to do nothing through the cmd prompt and it still goes through the same procedure nbsp Checking RAM - everything fine there Downloading and installing Lenovo's battery management utility I am working on a fresh install of windows I changed settings in that to not power down or turn off backlight etc to no avail Calibrating the battery by draining until and recharging until nbsp I suspect the battery is not fully charging and that the system is displaying inaccurate battery information I was charging a brand new battery last night and it was very low when I bought it so I charged it from to but then it registered as a minute later It took about thirty minutes to go from to and the other took about minute and it spontaneously jumped so that didn't make sense I don't know how to fix this problem though nbsp If you are able to offer any advice or help I would be very grateful Thank you for your kindness in advance nbsp My system nbsp Lenovo Y P freshly installed Windows upgraded operating system with all drivers updated using driver utilityBND PowerMaster V mAh battery nbsp Please let me know if you require any additional information and I will be glad to supply nbsp Cordially nbsp balinor

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y550P-Shuts-down-seemingly-from-critical-battery-error-when/td-p/3366244
Relevancy 49.88%

Goodnight

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 the following occurs:

The laptop battery shuts down unexpectedly without warning the minimum level, although the battery is charged
I bought a new battery and it is exactly the same as the previous battery

What can happen?

Regards and thanks

A:Satellite L850-150 shuts down even if battery is charged

More details
The initial computer operating system was Windows 7
I created two partitions
In the second partition I installed Windows 8
After a while I installed Windows 10 on Windows 7 and have also installed Windows 10 on the partition with Windows 8
In both partitions so does
The computer turns off when you do not have the power cable connected
Earlier in Windows 7 and Windows 8, this did not happen
Please help

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92882-Satellite-L850-150-shuts-down-even-if-battery-is-charged
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all Laptop is a years old HP Pavilion DM - ca Issue started a few months ago when laptop was shutting down at battery and "Plugged 96% in, at not shuts chargi... down and Laptop battery when I plugged it it would charge until x and then say plugged in not charging In the meantime I upgraded to Windows and the issue wasn't solved I formatted and did a clean install of Windows and still not solved HP advised I revert back to Windows as this is the original OS for my somewhat old laptop So I just re-installed Laptop shuts down at 96% battery and "Plugged in, not chargi... OEM Windows Home Premium Laptop shuts down at 96% battery and "Plugged in, not chargi... SP that came with the laptop and the issue got worse now it shuts down at I also uninstalled and re-installed battery drivers didn't work I tested the battery in the HP UEFI Support environment and it passed so I can't calibrate it At this point I don't know what to do and I don't think it's a battery related issue because it never fully discharges so no point in buying a new battery I'm thinking maybe it's another hardware issue

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Laptop-shuts-down-at-96-battery-and-quot-Plugged-in-not/td-p/5706256
Relevancy 49.88%

Last night my laptop shuts down because of low battery and after plugging the AC Supply when i restarted the Windows 7,it din't worked.
It asked me for the two options - Startup repair and Launch Normally.I chose Launch Normally but after 3 seconds of the boot screen,there came a blue screen which just flashed for half second and laptop got restarted.

This is happening again and again.Someone please tell me a way to get out of it.I don't want to loose windows as it has very very important data for me

A:Last night my laptop shuts down because of low battery and after plugg

Hi there ...
You can either choose the repair choice which the 7 Windows offer .. Or Try installing another copy of 7 , and there in the installation window choose to repair the existing system ...

Tell me about what you get ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/226683-last-night-my-laptop-shuts-down-because-low-battery-after-plugg.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Everytime i unplug the battery , after a few seconds the laptop shuts down , Having this problem from months! 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594156/my-laptop-shuts-down-after-a-few-seconds-after-i-unplug-battery/
Relevancy 49.88%

My problem is that my laptop will shut down after I unplug it from a power source after 5-10minutes. It will still have sufficient power and it will do a complete shut off(Not a proper shutting off- but instant) I have gone through the power options and nothing there should be causing this. I have also tried updating the drivers. Is there anything else I could try that I haven't already?

Processor: Intel Core i7-2760QM CPU @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 16Gb
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

A:Solved: Laptop shuts down after 5-10minutes of being on battery

Have you tried a new/different battery?

The battery could be low/dead (regardless of what the software is showing you) or the software/drivers are corrupted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-shuts-down-after-5-10minutes-of-being-on-battery.1105626/
Relevancy 49.88%

Greetings to everyone I recently took an HP zv laptop from a friend to help repair an issue they are having A couple months or so ago the aging volt Ahr HP battery was replaced with a new v Ahr unit About a month afterwards the unit began shutting down right after turning it on On A C power only w no battery the unit does not power on but instead a faint clicking noise accompanied by a very faint high pitch is heard from the area of the a c jack cooling fans The LEDs blink dimly with this noise On battery power only w no a c the unit turns on long enough to engage both cooling fans blink the LEDs then shut down The on or a/c zv5000 down battery after startup, laptop shuts right faint clicking is not heard On battery a zv5000 laptop shuts down right after startup, on a/c or battery c power the unit usually turns on long enough to display the HP logo activate the usual LEDs engage fans and then shut down zv5000 laptop shuts down right after startup, on a/c or battery Again the unusual clicking sound is not heard From my recent research into the problem I have checked the A C jack for melted solder points tried with both the old and new battery I think both are now discharged - I have no options regarding this removed the hard drive amp tried with no difference and looked for debris buildup near heatsinks cooling ducts and fans I ve also verified the PSU by plugging it into a compaq laptop with similar voltage input specs it worked While the information I have gathered in the last few days seems to indicate the issue is on the mainboard itself at this point I would still like to determine the problem as much as possible I am capable of replacing the motherboard but I want to prevent the same issue from reoccuring Is it true that a larger capacity battery places greater load on the power supply If so is it possible that this greater load while charging in conjunction with using the laptop might have strained any voltage regulators found in the power circuits of the mainboard I greatly appreciate any insight you can provide me with on this issue Kevin nbsp

A:zv5000 laptop shuts down right after startup, on a/c or battery

Is the new battery meant to be used with that model of laptop?

You should only use a battery that is specifically designed for a particular model.

Unless you have experience with the workings of such a laptop - each make and model has its own design - it looks to me as if you should send it in to HP for repairs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zv5000-laptop-shuts-down-right-after-startup-on-a-c-or-battery.49350/
Relevancy 49.88%

My grandson has a H P Pavilion dv laptop yes its a dinosaur right now but aside from a staying on problem battery/overheating. off Solved: computer possible shuts , is works good with an upgraded ram The serial number is KC UA ABA It has an amd turio-u x mobile technology tl- ghz with a ghz memory It is a bit system The battery number is HSTNN-IB Pt no - Problem is the computer will not stay on longer than minutes The battery does not stay charged for Solved: computer shuts off , possible battery/overheating. no more than a few minutes the battery problem and when the battery is Solved: computer shuts off , possible battery/overheating. out and its on A C power it stays on for the minutes then shuts off He said and his step dad says its the battery or power supply I do not have the computer with me as he uses it when its working which is very rare at home Would like any suggestions on handling the problem and what to check I was thinking overheating but I don t know if the computer gets hot to the touch or not if its overheating Let me know if the computer gets hot It does not on his computer Also is it possible that he has too much going on and it shuts down on its own from being overloaded He has a lot of things on startup and it takes it a while to work I told him all he needs is his anti-virus on startup which is what I have I managed to shut a few things down last visit and it seemed to keep it on longer than the minutes He has about things running on startup and he says he needs them all but I don t think so he is just worried about losing everything by shutting them off most of the things on his startup are the games he plays which are not needed on startup Any ideas to start with would be greatly appreciated as do not want to spend money on a battery if the computer is going Also any ideas on where to look for a battery for the dinosaur besides ebay Maybe a little help finding something out about his computer nbsp

A:Solved: computer shuts off , possible battery/overheating.

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-shuts-off-possible-battery-overheating.1115006/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an HP Envy that is about 2 years old and it is running windows 10. I have recently started noticing that it will shut off when I close the lid, it does not allow me to put it in to "sleep", and the battery runs down very quickly, while also getting very hot and it does not let me adjust the brightness level. It started doing this about 1.5 months ago and seemed to resolve when I did some sofeware updates. The problem has sense reoccured again twice. Is there anything that I can do to fix it on my own?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-envy-shuts-down-when-lid-is-closed-and-runs-down-battery/td-p/5707508
Relevancy 49.88%

I have all settings configured for laptop to hibernate if the battery reaches critical level, but laptop just lets it go to absolute zero without any warnings and actions and then abrupt shut down happens, like if you take the power plug out when using a regular PC. This is my power settings:
I have hibernation enabled and hiberfil.sys (5.9GB) is present on my C drive.

A:Laptop shuts down abruptly instead of hibernating at 5% battery?

Is hibernate working correctly when you click it from the Shut Down choices on Start Menu?

Will it time out correctly if you set it to 2 minutes and Sleep to 1 minute to test it in Power Options?

If Hibernate otherwise works correctly I would restore default plan for your chosen plan to see if that helps.

I would also try Balanced Plan which seems to work better as I've never seen problems with it before while we see problems with High Performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304949-laptop-shuts-down-abruptly-instead-hibernating-5-battery.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,Hope I've posted the question in right category. My laptop is 1.5 years old. Was working fine,with battery backup of 4 hours,until one day the battery died suddenly. The laptop didn't turn on. After taking it to a technician, I got to know that I've to buy a new battery pack. I bought a compatible battery with specifications 14.4v and 2200mAh (4 cell). After replacing it, I'm facing with an annoying problem. The laptop suddenly shuts down automatically, when working on battery. It works fine if I use only adapter. There's no definite time period of shutting down. Sometimes it happens twice a day, or won't happen even for 4 days continuously. I've disposed off my original battery, and didn't remember its configurations. The manual requirement says 41Whr 4 cell. Please help me in this case. Really in a need of urgent help! P.s. Got the heat sink checked, and there is no heating problem in laptop.Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Compaq-15-s105tu-suddenly-shuts-down-on-battery/td-p/5765073
Relevancy 49.88%
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone,I have an Aspire E1-571 for three years now. I have done all the Windows Updates, so now I have Windows 10. The first problem is that I cannot seem to find any Acer drivers for Aspire E1-571, the only drivers available are for Windows 8. The main problem is that since the last big Windows 10 update, if I unplug my computer it shuts down. When plugged in and working the battery message says "o% 01 min ti full charge". As I am sure you understand this is highly unpractical. So I was wondering if you could offer me some suggestions, mainly to find out whether it is a system or battery problem, since I have tried all the solutions I found on the Internet but they didn't work.Thanks in advance!Katerina 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Battery-Problems-with-Aspire-E1-571/td-p/456466
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello Everyone here. I have just inherited an Aspire 5315 when i got it i turned it on and it appears to function as it should, i charged it and it seemed to do that ok.  I installed windows  7 on it and all appears to be ok. Now when i go to charge it the charge light comes on and stays on for about 5 minutes ( not sure exact time) then goes out, after a while the light will just blink every 3 or 4 seconds.  If i unplug it at the laptop and  then plug it back in the whole process starts again.  The charge light comes on then after a short time it goes out then blinks every 3 or 4 seconds. If i remove the battery and use the laptop fom the charger it is ok so it points to the battery being the culprit.Any help with this would be great thanks. Cheers Sam

A:Aspire 5315 battery

Could be the battery. Could be the charger. Could be both. For about $20 and another $15 in a miscellaneous purchase, you can check them out and buy both new with free shipping from Amazon. Just search for Aspire 5315. 8^) Jack E/NJ  PS: Could be the MB too. But that's a whole nuther thing.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5315-battery/td-p/406069/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.88%

I've had my new Aspire E - - for three days and finally got around to looking at the User Guide which says the following about batteries nbsp lt lt nbsp Conditioning a new battery packBefore you use a battery pack for that the comes (Aspire in E... Battery box? Condition the first time there is a conditioning process that you should follow Insert the new battery without turning the computer on Connect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery Disconnect the AC adapter Turn on the computer and operate using battery power Fully deplete the battery until the battery-low warning appears Reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery again Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged Condition Battery that comes in the box? (Aspire E... and discharged three times Use this conditioning process for all new batteries or if a battery hasn't been used for a long time nbsp Failure to follow this procedure will prevent you from obtaining the maximum battery charge and will also shorten the effective lifespan of the battery gt gt nbsp Does this advice apply to the battery that comes in the box with the computer nbsp Or does it apply only to spare batteries you buy separately for backup nbsp It's not clear from context which applies nbsp If it applies to the battery that comes in the box with the computer then I must ask why isn't this mentioned in the Setup nbsp guide nbsp nbsp The Setup nbsp guide says lt lt For more information about your computer please refer to the Acer System User Guide gt gt nbsp That message does not imply to me nbsp lt lt Read the setup guide or you will damage an important and expensive part of your new product gt gt nbsp If the battery in the box is conditioned in the factory and this advice applies only to spare batteries bought separately for backup then nbsp never mind sorry to bother you just checking

A:Condition Battery that comes in the box? (Aspire E...

Welcome_Matt,

Good question. I've sent a message to our engineers about this being in the user guide to get a "better" answer for you, but batteries today don't have memories like the older NiCad ones did. You shouldn't have to follow that process to get maximum life from your battery. Here is an article that should help you understand how smart the technology has come regarding battery life.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Condition-Battery-that-comes-in-the-box-Aspire-E1-532/td-p/353531/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a week old Aspire V3-372T that initally worked on battery.  One day it didn't turn on at all out of sleep mode with or without battery.  Per instructions here, I reset the battery with a paperclip and it worked on power.  The Acer Care Center battery check says the battery works, it is at 100% charge, but if I unplug it, the computer shuts down. Am I doing something wierd or should I return the computer now that I have have spent 40 hours getting my software and files on it? thanks

A:Aspire V3 does not work on battery

my v3-571 dose the same thing and acer says that there is nothing wrong when there is somthing wrong with the battery compartment 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V3-does-not-work-on-battery/td-p/435654/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.88%

I just bought aspire S3 391 and it shows plugged in, not charging. i have tried everything recommended and nothing worked. Has acer failed to solve this problem?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-S3-391-battery-not-charging/td-p/458340
Relevancy 49.88%

I've had my new Aspire E - - for three days and finally got around to looking at the User Guide which says the following about batteries nbsp lt lt nbsp Conditioning a new battery packBefore you use a battery pack for the first time there is a conditioning process that you should follow Insert the new battery without turning the computer on Connect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery Disconnect the AC adapter Turn on the computer and operate using battery power Fully deplete the battery until the battery-low warning appears Reconnect the AC adapter and fully charge the battery again Follow these steps again until the battery has been charged and that comes in Battery the Condition box? (Aspire E... discharged three times Use Condition Battery that comes in the box? (Aspire E... this conditioning process for all new batteries or if a battery hasn't been used for a long time nbsp Failure to follow this procedure will prevent you Condition Battery that comes in the box? (Aspire E... from obtaining the maximum battery charge and will also shorten the effective lifespan of the battery gt gt nbsp Does this advice apply to the battery that comes in the box with the computer Condition Battery that comes in the box? (Aspire E... nbsp Or does it apply only to spare batteries you buy separately for backup nbsp It's not clear from context which applies nbsp If it applies to the battery that comes in the box with the computer then I must ask why isn't this mentioned in the Setup nbsp guide nbsp nbsp The Setup nbsp guide says lt lt For more information about your computer please refer to the Acer System User Guide gt gt nbsp That message does not imply to me nbsp lt lt Read the setup guide or you will damage an important and expensive part of your new product gt gt nbsp If the battery in the box is conditioned in the factory and this advice applies only to spare batteries bought separately for backup then nbsp never mind sorry to bother you just checking

A:Condition Battery that comes in the box? (Aspire E...

Welcome_Matt,

Good question. I've sent a message to our engineers about this being in the user guide to get a "better" answer for you, but batteries today don't have memories like the older NiCad ones did. You shouldn't have to follow that process to get maximum life from your battery. Here is an article that should help you understand how smart the technology has come regarding battery life.

http://community.acer.com/t5/XP-Vista-or-earlier/Condition-Battery-that-comes-in-the-box-Aspire-E1-532/td-p/353531
Relevancy 49.88%

Can I replace the battery in my Aspire R5-471T?

A:replacement battery for aspire r5

Hello, Yes it's possible:Spoiler (Highlight to read)Remove 12 screws from bottom cover.Use a plastic pry slice to insert to the gap near the IO connectors,pry all edges of the topcase to release all hocks.Lift the upper edge of top case to remove bottom cover.Disconnect the battery cable from main board.Disconnect the touch pad FFC from main board.Tear off the mylar from battery cable.Remove 2 screws from battery.Lift to remove the battery from top caseRemove 12 screws from bottom cover.Use a plastic pry slice to insert to the gap near the IO connectors,pry all edges of the topcase to release all hocks.Lift the upper edge of top case to remove bottom cover.Disconnect the battery cable from main board.Disconnect the touch pad FFC from main board.Tear off the mylar from battery cable.Remove 2 screws from battery.Lift to remove the battery from top caseHere is the part number of the battery:Spoiler (Highlight to read)KT.0040G.004 - BATTERY.POL.4C.3220MAHKT.0040G.004 - BATTERY.POL.4C.3220MAHYou can request a quote and place an order from your Acer store by chat or by phone. --- Don't forget to recycle the old battery - Protecting our planet ---

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/replacement-battery-for-aspire-r5/td-p/416819/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.88%

I just bought a laptop Aspire F15  F5-573G-74R7 .I intend to use essentially connect to a mains power outlet.When I insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole and press for four seconds, nothing change, and it seems it is recharging.How really turn off the batteries and to be sure it does it when I'm plugged to the AC power? Thank you, in advance.Josť

A:Aspire F15- Battery: how disconnect to use the lap...

You're supposed to use the reset hole with it unplugged. The reset hole is to remove static buildup from the laptop. It does not permanently disconnect the batteries. The only way to disconnect the battery is to open the laptop case and unplug the battery.If you are going to use it plugged in all the time,just do it and don't worry about the battey.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-F15-Battery-how-disconnect-to-use-the-laptop-on-constant/td-p/457949
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey everyone I've been having this quite annoying problem for a few weeks now more like a set of problems actually Basically over the last few months the laptop's become steadily rubbisher it's been getting slower and the CPU doesn't seem to be able to take as much as it once could E g just being on webcam on gchat will just slow the entire laptop down to the extent that the video becomes super-lagged It won't run many processes simultaneously any more and it's pretty annoying I'm running a dual core AMD Turion RM- processor GHz with gig DDR RAM and Acer Boot 5535 Down [SOLVED] on Aspire Shuts an ATI Radeon [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5535 Shuts Down on Boot HD Gfx card So the major problem here is that when I turn off the laptop even if it's just to restart after installation of something it just won't turn back on It turns off fine seems to be no problem with that but when it boots up again it will just turn off when it gets to the Starting Windows screen I'm running Windows btw When I leave it off for a good fifteen odd minutes then and then only can I restart the laptop and it seems to just about get to windows by the skin of it's teeth I don't feel any cool or hot air coming out of the vents at the bottom which I think means that my fan's probably clogged up and although I sit the laptop on a usb cooling fan it doesn't seem to be enough- would it be worth cleaning the fan out with compressed air or something could that be the solution to my boot problem Running SpeedFan without knowing anything [SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5535 Shuts Down on Boot about advanced configuration reveals that my internal fan doesn't rotate but as I said that may be a question of misconfiguration S Another thing I've noticed is that when I right click My Computer and go to properties under Installed RAM and Processor it just says Not Available which seems like a really weird thing to happen S What else it randomly turns off when I run a game Recently when turning on Call of Duty or Crysis it just shuts down with no warning when I get to the menu And then there's the problem of having to wait another mins or so before I can restart There've been no hardware changes I've tried system restore but am not sure if that's a safe bet any more because of it's high frequency restart problem S Was thinking of just reinstalling windows and cleaning the hard drives but I'm still not convinced it's run smoothly again Having had opened up the laptop during summer the heatsink had gone black rather than copper coloured and I read somewhere that this is not a bad thing as it's just been coated for insulation S Though it looks more burnt than anything else to my untrained eye Have run loads of virus scans and I've cleaned the registry and stuff so I don't think it's got anything to do with software The problem was first noticed when I tried to install an external bluetooth dongle without luck actually but I gave up on that and uninstalled all of what had been installed in the process Also I tried to install Office k on it but it just refuses to it encountering errors on setup and stalling the process I think I would have been able to install it fine usually I hope there's something that can be done to clear this all up The laptop's not in the worst state it'll still run OKish in day to day use but watching movies being on webcam even listening to music can make it angry which seems pretty absurd to me considering the system spec is pretty decent- it should be able to handle windows media player with google chrome surely Thanks so much in anticipation Nitish

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire 5535 Shuts Down on Boot

Hello Nitish and welcome to TSF,

Are you still in warranty? If so, call Acer to set up RMA.

First order of business... Clean out that fan. You should feel some air movement from the rear exhaust vent. That would explain the app crash for games, and possibly the restart issue as well.

If your computer is out of warranty I would suggest opening it up and manually cleaning it out. If it is completely clogged, canned air won't do anything.

I am having trouble finding documentation for your computer.

Second order of business...
Download and run the hard drive manufacturers diagnostic from the link in my signature. If there is an option, make sure you download the DOS utility and burn it to disc.

When you pull apart your laptop, check the label on the HDD for the manufacturer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-acer-aspire-5535-shuts-down-on-boot-533003.html
Relevancy 49.45%

hi good day everyone, im having a problem with this switch 10 laptop it wont turn on, after i install some driver of board.. isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated.. after the installation it won't turn on any more.. but there a charging indication... please help me i want to retrieve those data. and is there any way to retrive those data, because when in open the unit, i found out that there is no hdd on it, i'll guess some sort of embedded memory on it is using.. please help me..

A:ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10 SHUTS DOWN and WONT TURN ON

>>> i install some driver of board>>> What driver? What board? >>>isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated>>> Bios firmware isn't automatically updated? Did you try to update the bios firmware? Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ACER-ASPIRE-SWITCH-10-SHUTS-DOWN-and-WONT-TURN-ON/td-p/445004/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guy! So the title basically says my problem.

I have switched power plans, tweaked the settings, looked it up, and other stuff but I can't seem to figure out the problem. This laptop is about a year old and I have never changed any settings (except from different power plans) and it just started doing this recently. The laptop is not physically damaged in any way and neither are the inner workings (programs, code, and such). I would really love to know why this is happening because it shuts down the laptop completely and I need to restart it every time. It is really getting on my nerves because I have to open and close my laptop all the time to tote it around the school campus. If anyone has a fix or suggestions they would be well appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Acer Aspire V5-122P-0649 Shuts down on lid close

Most likely set for sleep or shut down if on battery in Power options. Simple Basic computer 101 stuff.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55526-acer-aspire-v5-122p-0649-shuts-down-lid-close.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone

My laptop Acer aspire 5750 shuts down after few seconds at power on. I have checked the ram, hd, battery, power pack on a similar brand laptop and are all working good.

I removed the fan and heat sinks, cleaned them plus the inside cover. After all this I had every thing back together powered on machine and found fault still persists.

At the moment right now I think I have a faulty mother board caused by a short.

I need assistance if anyone can help me get around fixing this fault.

Thank you

A:Acer Aspire 5750 Shuts down after few seconds of powering up.

If you think it's caused by a short, you'd have to remove the board from the shell, lay it on cardboard, and try and power it up that way.

If everything is secured in place, I'd lean towards motherboard failure as well.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/acer-aspire-5750-shuts-down-after-few-seconds-powering-up-276769/
Relevancy 49.45%

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD E-350 Processor, AMD64 Family 20 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 7914 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 223012 MB, Free - 149457 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Aspire 5253
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

System is approximately two years old.

- Accomplished complete virus scan with AVG and AVAST - couple of pups found and removed.
- Accomplished boot scan with AVAST - nothing found.
- Accomplished malware scan with Malwarebytes - nothing found.
- Accomplished System restore.
- Updated all drivers.

System will stay powered up in Safe Mode all night. In Normal Mode system boots, desktop icons take a while to show and fill in. Feel fan when hard drive is spinning but after activity stops on hd, cannot feel air exiting vent. System will stay on between 30 seconds to one minute, screen goes black, system powers down.

Relevancy 49.45%

hi good day everyone, im having a problem with this switch 10 laptop it wont turn on, after i install some driver of board.. isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated.. after the installation it won't turn on any more.. but there a charging indication... please help me i want to retrieve those data. and is there any way to retrive those data, because when in open the unit, i found out that there is no hdd on it, i'll guess some sort of embedded memory on it is using.. please help me..

A:ACER ASPIRE SWITCH 10 SHUTS DOWN and WONT TURN ON

>>> i install some driver of board>>> What driver? What board? >>>isn't the bios had been automatically update or firmware updated>>> Bios firmware isn't automatically updated? Did you try to update the bios firmware? Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/ACER-ASPIRE-SWITCH-10-SHUTS-DOWN-and-WONT-TURN-ON/td-p/445004
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all.
My sister in laws Acer aspire 5750z-4885 was recently sat on and the screen is cracked. I was going to replace it for her but before I order a new screen I was wondering if it is even just the screen and not something else that I cannot repair. The laptop since getting the screen cracked will shut off after powering up in about 4-7 seconds or so I haven't used a stop watch lol.
I am wondering if perhaps there is a short or some other dmg caused by the screen being cracked that will not be remedied by replacing it. I have limited experience with cracked lappy screens. Thank you all so much for any and all replies I love this board and it has helped me many times in the past.

A:Acer aspire 5750z-4885 shuts off after 4 to 7 seconds

Yes, the cracked LCD screen can be the cause of the shutdown. Replacing the LCD panel is not that difficult for someone experienced, but for you it might be too much. You have to disassemble the top cover without breaking the plastic. The video cable might not be included with the new panel, so you would have to use the old cable. The cable connection to the panel is very delicate...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5750z-4885-shuts-off-after-4-to-7-seconds.191911/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have as i mentioned Acer Aspire 7520G with a 8400M GS (256MB GPU)
And after 30min of usage monitor turns off and for again 30min stays black
after 30mins the screen just comes up and everything is normal.
What is the issue! I have all driver (from Acer site) and Win Vista HP x64

A:Solved: Acer Aspire 7520G Monitor shuts off sometimes!

You should try it with an external monitor and see if it happens with it as well. The 8400M GS may be defective, many had issues with bad solder joints and overheating issues breaking them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-7520g-monitor-shuts-off-sometimes.1124668/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a HDX16 laptop running windows 7. The battery is a year and a few months old, and yesterday was giving me at least 50 min of battery life. However today, it wont hold a charge at all and my computer shuts down completely whenever the power supply is interrupted for a millisecond. I ask because this is the second time a battery has suddenly stopped working on me and I am wondering if there is a reason for this. I tried to check the battery condition by hitting esc + f2 when my computer starts up, but there is no battery check option. Any explanation or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time. 

A:Battery suddenly stops working - computer shuts off despite ...

Hey Aitchpk,  I'm sorry you're having a battery issue. I would suggest running a battery check using HP Support Assistant if you have it installed on your computer.  You could also try using this standalone Battery Check. Do you have any issues like this if you operate the computer without the battery and just have the power cord plugged in?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-suddenly-stops-working-computer-shuts-off-despite/td-p/2560581
Relevancy 49.45%

So I have a Dell Precision M4600 running Windows 7.  Whenever its plugged into the wall or docking station, if the battery drops out, it shuts down immediately as if I don't have it plugged into the wall.  Windows does tell me that its plugged in.  The battery charges fine as I have unplugged the laptop and used it off the battery.  So those are indicators that it is receiving power through the plug. 

So why should it power off if the battery gets disconnected?
Yes the battery is loose and right now I have duct tape holding it in.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991179
Relevancy 49.45%

Windows doesn't alert me of low battery power and the battery dies. It has been happening for the past couple of days now. I have checked the power plan settings and see that is is suppose to warn me at 16% and is suppose to hibernate at 9%. Anyone know what is causing it not to do either?

A:Windows Fails to Alert Battery Level and Shuts Down

Could you give us the specs for this laptop, seeing as how your System Specs are for a desktop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227571-windows-fails-alert-battery-level-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello all, I have a G500S Touch and am currently running Win-10 64bit. I have been having an issue with the system turning off whenever I unplug the ac adapter. It doesn't shut down in the normal sense, but, just turns off. Power management settings our on default and battery is at 100%. I bought a new battery thinking that was the issue,but, it is still doing the same thing. I've ran scans through lenovo solutions and it reads that everything is good. Kind of at a loss at what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Scott

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G500S-Touch-Battery-fully-charged-but-shuts-down-when-unplugged/td-p/3415413
Relevancy 49.45%

So I have a Dell Precision M4600 running Windows 7.  Whenever its plugged into the wall or docking station, if the battery drops out, it shuts down immediately as if I don't have it plugged into the wall.  Windows does tell me that its plugged in.  The battery charges fine as I have unplugged the laptop and used it off the battery.  So those are indicators that it is receiving power through the plug. 

So why should it power off if the battery gets disconnected?
Yes the battery is loose and right now I have duct tape holding it in.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991190
Relevancy 49.45%

Can someone provide me with the part number for the battery on an Aspire E1-522-5423?

A:Battery Part # for Aspire E1-522-5423

The Acer part #KT.00403.012You can go here for genuine Acer replacementhttp://us-store.acer.com/4-cell-li-ion-2500mah-battery 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Battery-Part-for-Aspire-E1-522-5423/td-p/425673/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.45%

So i purchased a Aspire E E - G from newegg because i Aspire replacement E... battery regarding Question in needed a new laptop and didnt want to spend a Question regarding battery replacement in Aspire E... lot of money What never occured to me untill after i paid for it was if the battery was replaceable from further research after newegg shipped it to me I found out that it may not be I am wondering if someone could tell me that if the battery goes bad can i send the computer to acer and have the battery fixed or am i basically going to have to purchase a new laptop when it Question regarding battery replacement in Aspire E... dies I need a reliable laptop with a battery that is replaceable because i will charge my machine a lot If the battery is truly non replaceable then I was wondering if I should ship the computer back to newegg get a refund and look for a acer laptop with a battery that i can replace nbsp Thanks for any assistance nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Question regarding battery replacement in Aspire E...

First thing you need to check, the laptop you have purchased from Newegg is under warranty or not. To help you check this, please find the link given below and enter the laptop Product Serial number on the warranty status box:http://www.acer.com/ac/en/SG/content/sg-check-product-warranty-expiry If it is under warranty, you can claim the replacement for battery, please find the link below to contact Acer Support Center:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ If the laptop is not under warranty, it is recommended to approach Newegg for replacing the laptop. If you are planning to buy a new laptop, it is suggested to buy from HP or Lenovo or any higher configuration of laptop from Acer brand according to your choice. Hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Question-regarding-battery-replacement-in-Aspire-E15-E5-574G/td-p/430003/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.45%

I recently bought a laptop thas a built-in battery, and i was wondering how should i take care of the battery? I do alot of gaming and have been keeping it fully charged and plugged in,  while doing so.  So am i damaging my battery by keeping it fully-charged and plugged in? and if so, are there any suggestions to take care of my battery while gaming?  

A:Aspire-E5-574G built- in battery, How should i tak...

There isn't much you can do with built-in batteries. Hopefully, when it's at 100%, it's not charging.Would help some to unplug and let it discharge once in a while. Don't let it get completely discharged. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E5-574G-built-in-battery-How-should-i-take-care-of/td-p/430207/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.45%

I have been using the Aspire 4741 till now and everything has been normal. However, since 2 days ago, my system time has been keep resetting every new day and I have to force update it with internet time or manually correct it. I am suspecting that the CMOS battery is dead. Is there a specific model of the battery I need to buy? Any help is great. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/CMOS-battery-for-Aspire-4741/td-p/457719
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a new Acer Aspire ES1-431. The battery discharges even when the laptop is shut down

A:I have a new Acer Aspire ES1-431. The battery disc...

If you are on windows 8 or 8.1 make sure you turn off fast start-up by going to power options in control panel, at the left side choose change what closing the lid does, than choose change "unavailable settings" (or somethig like that)...than scroll down and uncheck the box saying "turn on fast start-up"

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/I-have-a-new-Acer-Aspire-ES1-431-The-battery-discharges-even/td-p/445374
Relevancy 49.45%

hi there,

I have a Acer Aspire E1 570 laptop that I use for college, the laptop is less then 8 months old. For some reason recently it starting going dead at 40% battery charge remaining. I ran a powercfg -energy from the command prompt and it said that my batterys designed charge is 37000 and last full charge untill the battery read it was fully charged is 36526. If some one would happen to know why this is happening that would be great, as i use the laptop on the battery all the time while i'm at school. I was thinking maybe just refresh the PC from the recovery i made using the provided software with the computer. I'm unsure if that would correct the issue. As well as i haven't found anything on google for this issue on my laptop.

Thanks
RitualJman

A:Acer Aspire E1 570 Battery Dies at 40%

I would contact Acer, since the laptop is still within the warranty period. There are programs out there that can "fix" errors like this. Most likely you just have a bad battery pack in your laptop.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53434-acer-aspire-e1-570-battery-dies-40-a.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Inherited laptop. Battery is missing. Label on bottom says 19v 4.74a. All I can find online are 11v batteries. Will they work? Thanks.

A:what battery do I need for Aspire 7551 laptop?

Hello, You'll find a replacement battery from your Acer store (100% compatible with your laptop).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/what-battery-do-I-need-for-Aspire-7551-laptop/td-p/449099
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I'm sorry if this question sounds dumb but I did a search online and I can't seem to check if my laptop (Aspire V3-575G-73ZZ) has a built in battery or removable battery. I've attached a photo of the back of my laptop in this post. 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Is the battery removable for Aspire V3 575G?

your laptop has a built-in battery, not removable as on the old laptops.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Is-the-battery-removable-for-Aspire-V3-575G/td-p/428371/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.45%

how can i remove battery from my acer aspire f5-573g model? help me please

A:how can i remove battery from my acer aspire f5-57...

Unless you are having a problem with the battery, this is not recommended. Google the keywords "f5" "disassembly" "battery" if there really is a battery problem. Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/how-can-i-remove-battery-from-my-acer-aspire-f5-573g-model-help/td-p/442310