Windows Support Forum

network dropouts over wifi help

Q: network dropouts over wifi help

Hi. Every now and then (mostly overnight) my Canon MG5350 needs to be rebooted because the computer doesn't see it over wifi. Doing so resolves it every time. I assumed it was a printer issue and just put up with it.
However I'm now also getting the same issues with my time machine and a remote mac that I want to connect to occasionally. Is this likely to be a setting in my router? The router itself doesn't seem to sleep. It's a TP-Link N600.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/network-dropouts-over-wifi-help-4611046/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: network dropouts over wifi help

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.51%

My WiFi is dropping very often, resp. it switches from secured to unsecured(the pop up window appears every 2-5min saying its connected and then its connected but unsecured). This is really annoying. The modem i am using TP-LINK TL5421G.
network security

Security Type: WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK
Security Option: auto
Encryption: auto
PSK Passphrase: *******
Thanks in advance

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi
How do I begin to troubleshoot my WiFi connection please? I'm experiencing regular dropouts while simply surfing the net. I'm not downloading anything and my broadband connection is solid. I'm having to disconnect and reconnect the WiFi via the windows software in order to re-establish a connection.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

Win8.1 (all updates), Broadcom 802.11n (up-to-date), BT (UK) WiFi, BT HH5a router.
*Tried changing WiFi channel, didn't help.

A:WiFi dropouts - broadband fine

How does the system work while connected to Internet via Ethernet?  Any problems then?

Check manufacturer's support site for a wifi driver update.

Be sure that there is as little as possible interference between the device and the router to assure a strong wifi signal.

Regards.  . .

jcgriff2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575364/wifi-dropouts-broadband-fine/
Relevancy 62.78%

Morning,

Our office has been experiencing random network drops for a while now and as you can imagine it causes some real issues. Outlook drops connection to exchange... autocad changes and files that are being worked on at the time go read-only.. etc etc.

Now I have been trying to pinpoint where the problem lies and am still a bit mythed. It seems whenever something connects to the network be it a computer turning on in the morning or a network printer being turned on, it kills the network for a few seconds.

All workstations and printers and servers go through two netgear 1Gbps Routers and to the internet through a SonicWall TZ210. All devices are on static IP's.

Any help/Ideas of why this is happening and how to stop it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

A:Network Dropouts

No Ideas on this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-dropouts.949673/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi OK I'm using Windows x and this problem first occurred when I used Windows and then too There have been many posts on this over the net it seems but I'm getting so fed up with drop outs its bugging me I have an ASUS Z VII Formula board and i K cpu My net connection runs fine approx Mbit down Mbit up However the connection drops out and I receive e dexpress error in Windows event viewer logs when the connection comes back on Error message relates to problematic network drivers Link speed drops from Gbps full duplex which is mometarily lost each time I cant connect to the network dropouts intermittant net then and only way back is to power down router and switch back on As far intermittant network dropouts as I am aware I have all the latest chipset and network drivers and latest router firmware but this still goes on The pc is set to never enter any sleep states etc so why does this happen I've had this for months and months and have tried all suggested internet answers Installed MEI drivers etc The Ethernet driver uses Intel's V Has anyone actually found a solution to this It was common on another Intel Ethernet model too some time ago Thanks for any help PS Occasionally I view device manager after a drop out and see under Network Adapters and my V sub heading that 'no drivers are installed for this device' even though it was fine until connection dropped out Reset router and away I go again

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/74403-intermittant-network-dropouts.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all I have this network problem at my office We recently had a new multifunction printer installed to replace the old one The office is set up over floors - cellar holds the windows machine acting as file server - ground floor has windows machines and the new MF printer - first floor has windows xp and windows machine - nd floor has windows xp desktop windows laptop and vista laptop The problem is that randomly the top floor laptops desktop just drops off the network They cant share files access the internet etc There seems to be no pattern to when it happens It is set up by running a single CAT e cable from the router through the floor to a switch in one of the offices on the nd floor where cables go to the laptops desktop I ve reassigned all IP addresses for each machine depending on floor or function and put the dynamic range well away from any static addresses I ve also searched through the dropouts Persistant network event viewer on the top floor win xp machine and found the following Source TCPIP Event ID TCPIP has reached Persistant network dropouts the security limit imposed of the concurrent TCP connect atemps Now I beleive that this is to do with the maximum amount of connections accessing an non windows server machine I beleive the maximum limit is set to by default so as far as i can see this isnt the issue Source MrxSmb Event ID The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer B that beleives that the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT TCPIP The master browser is stopping or an election is being forced Source TCPIP Event ID The system detected that the network adapter device TCPIP was connected to the network and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter I have been google ing these error messages but havent been able to find anything that would cause machines all on the same floor to just drop off the network I thought that it could be to do with the master browser however i identified the master browser as being one of the machines in the st floor I ve done the standard check list for network problems double check hardware drivers IP addresses etc Any light on the matter would be amazingly useful Many thanks in advance and please let me know if there is anything else you might need to know mccadam nbsp

A:Persistant network dropouts

Since three computers lose networking at the same time I would look for a common element--router LAN port, cable or switch.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/persistant-network-dropouts.1046017/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a windows machine that no one uses it just gets used as a networked machine that hosts a ACT! with app Network/sync dropouts CRM program called ACT ACT is installed on other windows machines and they are having sync issues which happen maybe to times a day I called act and they are Network/sync dropouts with ACT! app saying its got nothing to do with ACT and its the machine hosting it They mentioned it might be the SSD switching off so Network/sync dropouts with ACT! app I changed it so it wont in power options but that did nothing so he says its probably the network but I'm not having any internet drop outs and no other programs are having issues The machine hosting the program only has the motherboards network adapter and not a network card so I'm not sure if that would help the problems My current network setup is just a standard belkin router that goes into a switch that gives network internet access to the other PCs Is there anyway I can troubleshoot the network for problems

A:Network/sync dropouts with ACT! app

You really need to touch base with ACT! or inquire at the community at Act! - Home - Act! Community

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60858-network-sync-dropouts-act-app.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I ve been having a problem for about a year Brief internet dropouts, network unidentified now my internet connection dropsout at random then automatically comes back again I do some Brief internet dropouts, unidentified network online gaming and Brief internet dropouts, unidentified network these random disconnects is a pain when you play My connection is from a local company goes through a transmitter a few hundred meters away to an antenna on my house wall and a cable to my Brief internet dropouts, unidentified network router I changed ISP a few months ago still have the same problem though Was from a different transmitter and different router I ve tried on multiple PCs in my house both wired and wireless and the problem persists Also tried just plugging the cable directly from the antenna to the PC and i still disconnect Drivers and all that have been updated for all PCs did not help What happens is in whatever program i m using skype ventrilo online games surfing etc lags then disconnects and for a second or so the internet icon in the bottom right corner gets a Unidentified Network mark on it then i m able to log back in the whole thing takes about seconds Also i run Windows -bit but it shouldn t matter I ve taken some tests at pingtest net and my connection got an A my jitter and ping were both below Also had a talk with my ISP they had not registered any dropouts They also have IP phones that use this kind of connection and no problem had been reported there What i think is strange is that i have the problem with two different ISPs the only thing they have in common are the way the internet gets to my house and i also think they rent servers from the same company I really have no idea what the problem here is Some buddies claim it is a break in the communication between the transmitter and the antenna reciever but in that case shouldn t my ISP have noticed something I ve searched around a bit but i haven t found any cases similar to mine yet so i thought i d ask here Any help would be massively appreciated if you require more information just ask and i ll try to deliver what i can Mirha nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

Thanks to a very helpful user here I discovered a problem I was having with my firewall ZoneAlarm preventing my network from working I have a laptop on a wireless connection to network dropouts -firewall? Solved: Strange my DSL router If I use the laptop after reboot I can connect to the internet If I just close the lid and come back to the machine it will randomly be unable to connect to the internet without a restart But sometimes after my first IE window times out I can open a second one and it ll connect fine Sometimes After a few days I almost always have to reboot Since setting up my file sharing with my desktop I ve noticed a new issue now when IE times out after trying to load a page the laptop will bring up the modem dialer it will also say that I need to connect to the internet This didn t happen prior to setting permissions in Zone Alarm I m guessing there s a setting within ZoneAlarm that will allow me to connect to the internet freely from the laptop but I don t know exactly where to look Any ideas Or Solved: Strange network dropouts -firewall? is there a way to refresh an internet connection on wifi Many thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Strange network dropouts -firewall?

"If I just close the lid ..."

Wanna give us a hint of what closing the lid does? If hibernate or standby it will take a few moments for the wireless adapter to reconnect and it will not always be successful.

"After a few days, I almost always have to reboot."

If you use your PC sparingly, turn it off between uses. If you use it a lot, reboot daily to keep it "fresh."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-strange-network-dropouts-firewall.564641/
Relevancy 60.63%

I ve got a Netgear WNR B Wireless router broadcasting on channel and the WN T network adaptor My Broadband modem is connected directly to the router all PCs use wireless connections other networks in range channel and channel signal strength So I m getting periodic dropouts there s no distict time interval just every now and then It seems to occur more frequently when playing online games Periodic Network Dropouts Wireless Solved: It may just seem to occur more often as its more noticable to be disconnected from a server then just browsing the web I don t have security on the network so my PS and Wii can connect but i ve used the option to only allow certain devices based on Mac adresses One thing i ve noticed is that my adaptor is using channel and even though my router only seems to be using i can t find any option to limit this to just channel Also the network doesn t disconnect during the dropout only the internet and it only lasts a couple of minutes at the most Netgear s software manages the network there is Solved: Wireless Network Periodic Dropouts no conflict with the Windows network manager thingy Any ideas what the problem could be Maybe use a different channel or something I saw in another thread that the channel should be numbers away from neighbouring networks Oh and I m a complete amateur when it comes to this stuff so if you do respond try to be forgiving on the jargon and directions nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 46.01%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 45.58%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 45.15%

i keep getting connection to server lost errors, any ideas?

A:Bf2 dropouts..

Is it everytime, or random kicks? Also, is it a PunkBuster kick or simply connection lost?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bf2-dropouts.758345/
Relevancy 45.15%

OK, while recording from any source through my mixer I get varying lengths of dropouts (no sound-making it sound like a skip on a record)there is no consistency in time or any other function. I've tried varying the input amplitude, the line in amplitude, the source, the recording program, grounding/ungrounding the equipment, switching to mic input (which gives me different problems) My computer has plenty of ram, a speedy processor, a sata hard drive and so on. Never had this problem before even on much older computers. I can edit these out but it is fast becoming a royal pain. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dropouts.614674/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

I've been having a problem for a long time with USB dropouts on my computer while running Serato (a DJ program that centers around USB streaming).

I went to their support forum and they instructed me to run a program called RATT or something like that....

Afterwards I gave them a log and they told me that an unknown device was causing the dropouts, but they couldn't tell me how to find/fix it....can anybody here help?

A:USB Dropouts

Here's the log the program just gave me with the program running:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Counts by driver for: DJ_CONTACT
|
| From: SAT JAN-16-2010 22:46:41.41
| To: WED DEC-15-2010 0:24:28.81
| Runs: 10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cumulative Histogram for: afd.sys (\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\afd.sys)
#, Range, Label, ISR Count, DPC Count, DPCTmr Count
1, 1.00us to 1.99us, <2.00us, 0, 0, 2
2, 2.00us to 2.99us, <3.00us, 0, 0, 155
3, 3.00us to 3.99us, <4.00us, 0, 0, 781
4, 4.00us to 4.99us, <5.00us, 0, 0, 197
5, 5.00us to 5.99us, <6.00us, 0, 0, 531
6, 6.00us to 6.99us, <7.00us, 0, 0, 808
7, 7.00us to 7.99us, <8.00us, 0, 0, 632
8, 8.00us to 8.99us, <9.00us, 0, 0, 205
9, 9.00us to 9.99us, <10.00us, 0, 0, 50
10, 10.00us to 19.99us, <20.00us, 0, 0, 79
11, 20.00us to 29.99us, <30.00us, 0, 0, 1
TOTALS, 0, 0, 3441

Cumulative Histogram for: arp1394.sys (\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\arp1394.sys)
6, 6.00us to 6.99us, <7.00us, 0, 0, 11
7, 7.00us to 7.99us, <8.00us, 0, 0, 17
8, 8.00us to 8.99us, <9.00us, 0, 0, 3
10, 10.00us to 19.99us, <20.00us, 0, 0, 1
TOTALS, 0, 0, 32

Cumulative Histogram for: HDAudBus.sys (\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HDAudBus.sys)
1, 1.00us to 1.99us, <2.00us, 0, 1, 0
2, 2.00us to 2.99us, <3.00us, 0, 4393, 0
3, 3.00us to 3.99us, <4.00us, 0, 67985, 0
4, 4.00us to 4.99us, <5.00us, 0, 58067, 0
5, 5.00us to 5.99us, <6.00us, 0, 31627, 0
6, 6.00us to 6.99us, <7.00us, 96291, 8242, 0
7, 7.00us to 7.99us, <8.00us, 86367, 1415, 0
8, 8.00us to 8.99us, <9.00us, 6505, 600, 0
9, 9.00us to 9.99us, <10.00us, 204, 543, 0
10, 10.00us to 19.99us, <20.00us, 1584, 2312, 0
11, 20.00us to 29.99us, <30.00us, 1, 17, 0
109, 1000.00us to 1009.99us, <1010.00us, 0, 1, 0
TOTALS, 190952, 175203, 0

Cumulative Histogram for: HSF_CNXT.sys (\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HSF_CNXT.sys)
1, 1.00us to 1.99us, <2.00us, 0, 68458, 26807
2, 2.00us to 2.99us, <3.00us, 0, 222706, 8567
3, 3.00us to 3.99us, <4.00us, 0, 43777, 532
4, 4.00us to 4.99us, <5.00us, 0, 1651, 694
5, 5.00us to 5.99us, <6.00us, 0, 2562, 103
6, 6.00us to 6.99us, <7.00us, 0, 116, 29
7, 7.00us to 7.99us, <8.00us, 0, 34, 8
8, 8.00us to 8.99us, <9.00us, 0, 139, 15
9, 9.00us to 9.99us, <10.00us, 0, 44, 1
10, 10.00us to 19.99us, <20.00us, 0, 111, 6
TOTALS, 0, 339598, 36762

Cumulative Histogram for: HSFHWAZL.sys (\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\HSFHWAZL.sys)
1, 1.00us to 1.99us, <2.00us, 0, 0, 153
2, 2.00us to 2.99us, <3.00us, 0, 0, 1966
3, 3.00us to 3.99us, <4.00us, 0, 0, 2495
4, 4.00us to 4.99us, <5.00us, 0, 0, 121
5, 5.00us to 5.99us, <6.00us, 0, 0, 68
6, 6.00us to 6.99us, <7.00us, 0, 0, 10
7, 7.00us to 7.99us, <8.00us, 0, 0, 1
8, 8.00us to 8.99us, <9.00us, 0, 0, 3
9, 9.00us to 9.99us, <10.00us, 0, 0, 1
10, 10.00us to 19.99us, <20.00us, 0, 0, 2
TOTALS, 0, 0, 4820

Cumulative Histogram for: HTTP.sys (\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\HTTP.sys)
1, 1.00us to 1.99us, <2.00us, 0, 0, 4
2, 2.00us to 2.99us, <3.00us, 0, 0, 11
3, 3.00us to 3.99us, <4.00us, 0, 0, 29
4, 4.00us to 4.99us, <5.00us, 0, 0, 22
5, 5.00us to 5.99us, <6.00us, 0, 0, 4
6, 6.00us to 6.99us, <7.00us, 0, 0, 1
7, 7.00us to 7.99us, <8.00us, 0, 0, 1
8, 8.00us to 8.99us, <9.00us, 0, 0, 1
TOTALS, 0, 0, 73

Cumulative Histogram for: i8042prt.sys (\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\i8042prt.sys)
9, 9.00us to 9.99us, <10.00us, 7668, 0, 0
10, 10.00us to 19.99us, <20.00us, 78705, 0, 0
11, 20.00us to 29.99us, <30.00us, 1783, 0, 0
12, 30.00us to 39.99us, <40.00u... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-dropouts.968502/
Relevancy 44.72%

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Couldn't find on a search.

I have a small secured network in my office with a modem/router networking three computers wirelessly. I would like to add another router that would allow clients in the waiting room of my office to have internet access. Could you assist me in a setup or map? I already have a wireless Linksys router available to use as the second router.

Thank You

A:Adding Wifi Network to an Already Secured Network

Are those in the waiting room to be allowed into OR forbidden access to your Lan systems?

You already have

Code:
modem---router----your.lan.systems
to Isolate the W.R from your lan, connect

Code:

modem---router----your.lan.systems (assumed 192.168.1.x or 0.x)
|
+---new router (new channel+ssid+no encryption)
set LAN addresses and DHCP for 192.168.10.x

add firewall rule to ALL your existing LAN systems to deny src address range=192.168.10.0 thru 10.255

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-wifi-network-to-an-already-secured-network.118448/
Relevancy 44.72%

I Bought Pavilion -ab tx available ... Wifi every and network shows no access network no one and half month ago and it started having this problem weeks after buying Wifi suddenly disconnects and then it shows no networks available even when there are many Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks available Mobile phone always show that they are available nbsp nbsp Wireless card nbsp Realtek RTL BE RTL EE b g n OS - Windows -bit nbsp I have tried everything to solve this System restore Recovery Updating BIOS Reseting using CMD updating wireless driver rolling back the driver to initial one But nothing has helped yet It shows the network is available if I'm sitting next to modem Then also it doesn't show other Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... wifi Wifi shows no network available and no network access every ... networks around my home that my phone does nbsp nbsp Now obviously laptop's wifi is supposed to be better than the mobile phone's wifi but its just the opposite here The problem might be here that it loses its strength every now and then but whatever it is I'm terribly disappointed in the product that I've bought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-shows-no-network-available-and-no-network-access-every/td-p/5674339
Relevancy 44.72%

I am also having this problem but it ONLY happens at night never during the day Its very random and not every day Though the past - nights it has been every day Connected straight to my laptop not using dropouts Internet router and it happens whether i am playing a game or just browsing the internet The time being disconnected varies significantly but mostly only ever seconds to minute The time connected usually varies as well where i barely have enough time to log onto the game Internet dropouts or i m on with problems for half an hour or the whole night even When it does disconnect i quickly alt tab and troubleshoot problems The most common message i receive Internet dropouts is quot Windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server quot followed by quot Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource www microsoft com is not responding quot quot the diagnostics policy service is not running quot and quot Local area connection doesnt have a valid ip configuration quot This has gone on for long enough About months ago this was frequently happening i called my isp and got it straightened out it was a problem on their side There was no sign on the problem for about two months and now its happening ALL the time Its JUST ENOUGH to mess up what i was doing I call my isp frequently and im sure they re tired of hearing from me they dont know what it is and they have no records of me disconnecting Im stumped please if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated Edit I ve also recently changed my dns server to a different one not through my isp and the problem still exists nbsp

A:Internet dropouts

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-dropouts.950705/
Relevancy 44.72%

my net connection drops out about every minutes sometimes it will go longer sometimes shorter this particular Dropouts Connection computer has cable and xp-sp with no router my primary browser is mozilla but ive checked with IE and it has the same problem as well ive checked tcp ip settings and they Connection Dropouts are fine uninstalled reinstalled drivers for my onboard ethernet adaptor thought it might be a hardware issue so i uninstalled my onboard adapter and installed a pci ethernet card connection was solid for minutes and then i lost all connectivity i disabled enabled connection and tried to repair as well it didnt work ive called my isp and they said that my modem activity has been normal ive reset the modem countless times and the cat cable is basicly brand new so im sure its not that i reinstalled onboard ethernet adaptor so i can connect again but the problem still remains when it drops out i can open network connections and click repair or disable enable and i will get connection for a short amount of time when i choose quot repair connection quot i get error message quot windows cannot repair the problem because following action cannot be be completed -clearing the dns cache quot ive run command ipconfig-flushdns and im still getting dropped virus malware spyware scans come up clean can somebody please help me before i have a stroke

A:Connection Dropouts

What type of connection do you have? Is it DSL or Cable or?

Da Animal

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/65134/connection-dropouts/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am running XP SP On Friday when Friday DROPOUTS - only I logged on to my ADSL broadband all was Friday only - DROPOUTS fine then after about an hour the connection dropped out I could reconnect but all day it intermittently dropped out at all different time Friday only - DROPOUTS spans I rang my ISP - they spent over two hours troubleshooting with me on the phone doing what I was advised to do They came up with the fact that they had upgraded their line service to Friday only - DROPOUTS there customers and for me to take advantage of those upgrades I would need to upgrade the DRIVERS on my D-Link ADSL MODEM They sent me the upgraded Drivers via my email but with their guidance and after uninstalling the existing drivers from Add and Remove the new drivers would not install I was then told to ring D-Link and tell them of my problem and ask for help to install the upgraded drivers using the software sent to my by my ISP The technician at my ISP then guided me to reinstall my original drivers so at least I could get onto the internet until I could get help from D-Link As it was late in the day I decided to do this on Saturday morning yesterday So I booted up yesterday was able to connect to the internet and for hours until I logged off I did not loose connection to the net Not a thing went wrong So of course I did not ring D-Link there was no reason for the call My question is - Why did this happen Also this morning Sunday not a problem If someone could offer an explanation for this mystery I would be most grateful tallin nbsp

A:Friday only - DROPOUTS

Just a guess but...there was probably a problem with a line near you or work being done by the phone company that the tech you were working with didn't know about................

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/friday-only-dropouts.476477/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have computers wired to a server Wired dropouts LAN via two TPLINK ethernet switches The Wired LAN dropouts server is a linux box with Ubuntu i and acts as a gateway to the internet The server has its own firewall operating between the internet router and the linux box All other computers have Windows Windows firewall and Norman anti Virus operating Three of the computers have a requirement to access a MYOB file on the server All was well until yesterday when two out of the three stations had connections problems All computers have no problems accessing the internet which is accessed via the server The Problem Two of the computers consistently keep loosing connection to the file server which means we can't access the MYOB file except via one computer Is this a Windows or a linux problem Any suggestions Thanks Max I forgot to mention that originally when trying to access the MYOB file and being denied access the user was getting a message there was not enought disk space less than kb yet when I did checked on the server there was about GB space left Update Not Solved New server hardware has been installed Software installed and data files restored Problem still exists Looks more and more like a networking issue

A:Wired LAN dropouts

Hello,

Sometimes a simple reboot of your server (if you have not done this yet) helps. Also, is there any changes in your network done recently before this issue occurred?

If it didn't help please let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304435-wired-lan-dropouts.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi.

My internet connection regularly drops, and I'm pretty sure its a windows issue.
Probably about every hour or two. Only thing that seems to get reconnection is restarting windows.

I have contacted my ISP and they tell me that my connection has been uninterrupted for months. I have XP SP2, a 3MB broadband connection, and the cable runs directly to the terminal in the wall (no wireless router). I have McAfee security and firewall and antivrus are on. I sometimes download torrents but haven't in quite a while and the problem is the same.

Any ideas what the issue might be? Thanks.

A:Win XP Internet Dropouts

Hi!
what sort of connection to your computer?

Usb modem?
Ethernet cable from Access point or Router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-xp-internet-dropouts.113670/
Relevancy 44.29%

HiI have a problem using my Behringer X with my new HP G SFF Whenever I try to record audio in my DAW Sonar X I get dropouts I have tried the ASIO and the WDM drivers and whilst the WDM is slightly better - it tries to playback the audio whereas the ASIO dropsout as soon as I click play or record - I can't get it to work nbsp I have tried changing buffer sizes latency etc and I have tried all of the regular Windows tweaks to improve performance but to no avail nbsp The PC has an Behringer Audio X32 Dropouts i - processor and GB of RAM and an SSD So Audio Dropouts Behringer X32 should be able to handle it easily nbsp If I use my old sound cards Roland SPS and an Alesis I can record and playback nbsp audio tracks just fine Audio Dropouts Behringer X32 nbsp I have run LatencyMon to try to find the problem but the only thing this picks up on is CPU SPEED Reported CPU speed MHzMeasured CPU speed MHz approx Note reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results WARNING the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature nbsp I have set Windows Power for High Performance and set the processor power management to minimum and maximum to try to stop CPU throttling but nothing seems to work nbsp Any ideas anyone has would be welcome nbsp ThanksSteve

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Audio-Dropouts-Behringer-X32/td-p/5642446
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everyone Recently I upgraded my computer hardware to a new motherboard graphics card and processor I moved my old hard disks from my old hardware into this new computer turned it on and it started right up I just had to re-validate Windows which went without a DPC dropouts & sound Latency hitch Yesterday I bought a new headset and started using it with my PC before I was using desktop speakers however when I turned on some music I was hearing a lot of stuttering static while it was playing I had this problem before but it usually only happened when there was a program running that was taxing the CPU and that isn't an issue now I read around for a while last night about the issue and it turns out that it's something called quot DPC Latency quot so I downloaded all the tools and tried to troubleshoot it for a few hours before I went to bed with no luck So far I've tried disabling HPET in bios amp switching it to bit mode it was on previously turning off Powermizer DPC Latency & sound dropouts on the Nvidia card disabling all USB ports one by one disabling all audio and network drivers changing the power settings for the CPU and HDD tried this AHCI Link Power Management - Enable HIPM and DIPM updated all my drivers except by BIOS so far I haven't tried that because it seems kind of risky but I suppose I would do it as a last resort Another issue I was having was with my processor making this high pitched whistling noise but when I turn off quot disable processor idle quot in the Windows power management area it stops making noise The weird thing to me is it changes my dpclat exe from full red bars to this for about - minutes but after a few minutes it just goes back to full red bars s Before I went to bed last night I turned on a hour audio track and set it to loop with LatencyMon running You can see in the screenshot below that the main culprits are ndis sys ataport sys usbport sys dxgkrnl sys HDAudBus sys I've looked around on how to fix these individually but I can't come up with anything at all If I purchase a PCI sound card would it fix these issues I would prefer to fix it without having to do that but if that's the only way to DPC Latency & sound dropouts fix it for sure I can do it Here's the pastebin of the report so it doesn't make this post massively long - http pastebin com Je dgy y If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I would really appreciate it

A:DPC Latency & sound dropouts

As you moved to a new motherboard, you need to install all the motherboard chipset drivers and the device drivers for the hardware devices including the audio. The audio is especially critical and you should only use the drivers from the motherboard vendor, as non vendor drivers can have problems.

Start with the install of the correct drivers and work from that. Also, the video drivers are an issue with the sound problems you are having.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/231569-dpc-latency-sound-dropouts.html
Relevancy 44.29%

This has been an issue on both my old/new PC, I cant ever figure out how to fix this but it's been driving me mad. It randomly just gets worse at the worst times. I ran LatencyMon for a few minutes and got this: Audio pops - Pastebin.com

This latency issue has been going on since my old PC, my current one is only less than a month old and its been doing it to. Lots of audio pops and dropouts.

A lot of the main ones I see come up are:
hal.dll
ataport.sys
ndis.sys
USBPORT.sys (Fixed by disabling USB3.0 apparently)
NETIO.sys
iusb3xhc.sys

A:Audio dropouts/Pops

You list the sound card as AMD High Definition Audio Device, which is sound for HDMI, not the regular PC sound. Are you using HDMI?

The regular PC sound would be RealTek, IDT, etc.

Are you using Wi-Fi or wired cable for internet? Wi-Fi is a known cause of your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/356526-audio-dropouts-pops.html
Relevancy 44.29%

HiI have a problem using my Behringer X with my new HP G SFF Whenever I try to record audio in my DAW Sonar X I get dropouts I have tried the ASIO and the WDM drivers and whilst the WDM is slightly better - it tries to playback the audio whereas the ASIO dropsout as soon as I click play or record - I can't get it to work nbsp I Dropouts Behringer X32 Audio have tried changing Audio Dropouts Behringer X32 buffer sizes latency etc and I have tried all of the regular Windows tweaks to improve performance but to no avail nbsp The PC has Audio Dropouts Behringer X32 an i - processor and GB of RAM and an SSD So should be able to handle it easily nbsp If I use my old sound cards Roland SPS and an Alesis I can record and playback nbsp audio tracks Audio Dropouts Behringer X32 just fine nbsp I have run LatencyMon to try to find the problem but the only thing this picks up on is CPU SPEED Reported CPU speed MHzMeasured CPU speed MHz approx Note reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results WARNING the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature nbsp I have set Windows Power for High Performance and set the processor power management to minimum and maximum to try to stop CPU throttling but nothing seems to work nbsp Any ideas anyone has would be welcome nbsp ThanksSteve

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Audio-Dropouts-Behringer-X32/td-p/5642446
Relevancy 44.29%

OK, while recording from any source through my mixer I get varying lengths of dropouts (no sound-making it sound like a skip on a record)there is no consistency in time or any other function. I've tried varying the input amplitude, the line in amplitude, the source, the recording program, grounding/ungrounding the equipment, switching to mic input (which gives me different problems) My computer has plenty of ram, a speedy processor, a sata hard drive and so on. Never had this problem before even on much older computers. I can edit these out but it is fast becoming a royal pain. Any ideas?

A:Dropouts(other Than High School)

What interface is the computer connected to your mixer through? (like USB 1.1, USB 2.0, Mic-in, Firewire)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/104037/dropoutsother-than-high-school/
Relevancy 44.29%

... would be a great band name, amirite?
Really though, I'm having a weird issue with the headphone output, wherein periodically and at random the audio will suddenly drop down into a mono mix and lose what I would estimate to be about 6dB in volume. It's definitely not an issue with my headphones or speaker setup (I am an audio engineer with eight years' tech experience, so you're gonna have to trust me on that.)
I just turned off Dell's Waves-branded speaker enhancement and it hasn't happened since, but the problem by definition is unpredictable so I don't really know yet if that has solved it. If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing this I would appreciate tips. This problem is not debilitating, but it certainly is irritating.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19681530
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a wireless network with Linksys cable modem and router. On the wired computer I can use firefox (2.0.0.4) for a while but the internet connection eventually stops working. I must then restart the computer and the process starts over. I am able to use Internet Explorer and it never crashes. I have no problems using anything on the wireless laptop and it stays up even when the connection on the wired computer ends. I took the router out of the network to test and firefox eventually crashed again. Hmmm. Suggestions?

A:Connection dropouts using Firefox

Hi riecherj and welcome to the TechSpot Forum :wave:

Not sure if their are any FF experts here, I may be wrong, however FF does have an extensive forum all of its own at its homepage here, if you get no replies here it may a good idea to post your question there.

Whilst your here would you please take a few moments to read the following. It will help to make your Techspot experience a more pleasurable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s A guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-dropouts-using-firefox.81429/
Relevancy 44.29%

I am having problems with my internet connection dropping for approx 1 minute at a time at varying intervals. I contacted my ISP but he says there is no loss of connection. How can I log these events (with event viewer?) so that I can show the ISP there is a fault. I run Windows 7 Home Premium.

Ian

A:Logging Internet dropouts

Quote: Originally Posted by sads45

I am having problems with my internet connection dropping for approx 1 minute at a time at varying intervals. I contacted my ISP but he says there is no loss of connection. How can I log these events (with event viewer?) so that I can show the ISP there is a fault. I run Windows 7 Home Premium.

Ian

Ian, I have been having close to this identical problem and have been discussing it here:

Random Connection Drops During Specific Hours

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/82053-logging-internet-dropouts.html
Relevancy 43.86%

A friend recently bought an Eee PC SD notebook that runs Windows XP Home Edition SP It s got an integrated wireless network adapter that supports WPA Question wireless about Solved: and PC dropouts an Eee security It was able to connect to their wireless network ok but it constantly drops the connection which makes downloads of Windows updates and NOD definition updates quot challenging quot What is the best way to troubleshoot this I need to determine if the problem is with the notebook adapter or the wireless router Belkin G being used A desktop and another laptop an HP are connected to the router The desktop has a wired connection and the laptop has a wireless connection As far as I know the HP laptop experiences no dropouts with its wireless connection so I m tempted Solved: Question about an Eee PC and wireless dropouts to learn toward the adapter in the Eee PC notebook as being the culprit BUT I want to do Solved: Question about an Eee PC and wireless dropouts some troubleshooting first to make sure The Eee PC has a Realtek RTL SE wireless LAN PCIE adapter in it Are those reliable adapters I guess I should start my research there Any tips you have would be appreciated I m currently updating the system with the latest Windows updates as the flaky connection permits Peace nbsp

A:Solved: Question about an Eee PC and wireless dropouts

Well, one issue may be the location of each of the computers, as well as other wireless networks in the area. I'd turn off your router and then run NetStumbler and scan for wireless networks. You want yours as far away from conflicting channels as possible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-question-about-an-eee-pc-and-wireless-dropouts.786371/
Relevancy 43.86%

So recently I have been noticing pops and crack sounds in my music. I did some research and came to the conclusion that it is the dpc latency. Here is all the information that you might need to help me with this issue.

You can find my system specs on my profile:
Windows 7 Help Forums - View Profile: czaarek99

You can see that all of my drivers are updated here:

Well, there AHCI driver isn't. But I just downloaded it from ASUS website but the program still shows it isn't updated.

Here is a log from latencymon:
Private Paste - Pastie

Here is the screenshot of latencymon:

I don't know what to do anymore, I have pretty much updated all the drivers. This problem is pissing me off extremely. And oh, I did try a clean install of windows too (but obviously I had to re install all my drivers)

A:DPC Latency Issues, Audio dropouts

Here is how to post screenshots on this forum:
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

I notice Avast is one of the items in the latency mon. Disable that and see if it helps.
Also, if you have a wireless internet connection, wireless is known to cause the problem you are having.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/352013-dpc-latency-issues-audio-dropouts.html
Relevancy 43.86%

For about a month now I've been dealing with dropouts mostly under heavy load but also at Headache inducing dropouts internet random times Headache inducing internet dropouts There are many things I have and have not tried but roaming around the internet looking for a correction to my issue has been a pain in itself too I'm not sure what to try first or how to undo accidental mishaps should one happen My internet connection is connected straight from my modem into my PC and my NIC is an Intel V- Gigabit Network Connection and diagnostics on my NIC prove that it is working fine My ISP is Time Warner Cable and the modem is a Motorola SB U SURFboard Cable Modem OS is Windows x When the connection drops the modem LED's stay lit as if I still had connections Network troubleshooting says quot Cannot obtain a valid IP address quot and quot Default gateway is not available quot Headache inducing internet dropouts Here is somewhat of a lo-down on whats happened Early July this started happening from seemingly out of nowhere Downloading and patching anything were out of question because it would just be a hassle to attempt Earlier this month I decided to format my drive due to registry issues After getting my PC setup again I proceeded to download the SWtOR beta a download and patch that takes over hours to complete I was able to do the entire thing without a single disconnect or event log warning Next morning I was prompted to update Windows with updates so I began updating my machine Later that evening while patching Darkspore was the first time I disconnected again intermittently three times in the duration And now I have returned to the exact same problem pre-format Headache inducing internet dropouts even though I am not sure if that even fixed the problem in the first place I have a suggesting feeling it could be a Windows update but I am an idiot when it comes to networking Here is a list of what I have tried so far in no particular order replaced ethernet cable creating a static IP got rid of static IP turned off IPV and used DNSJumper registry edit seen below reinstalled NIC New modem Flush and renew ipconfig Next on list new cables and new NIC cmd netsh interface tcp set global rss disabled netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel disabled netsh int ip set global taskoffload disabled HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services Tcpip Parameters EnableTCPChimney dword EnableTCPA dword EnableRSS dword And here is a list of what may be helpful to you ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Jason gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Jason-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List ec rr com Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -D - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix ec rr com Description Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connect ion Physical Address -CF- - -AB-AB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d f c d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday August PM Lease Expires Wednesday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -D -A - - -CF- - -AB-AB DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap ec rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix ec rr com Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix ec rr com Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address bb d bb d Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel ad... Read more

A:Headache inducing internet dropouts

Is there nobody that can help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181357-headache-inducing-internet-dropouts.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I use CDex 1.51 to convert Books-On-CD to mp3 files, so I can get an entire book (7 to 12 CDs) on one mp3 CD, and listen to it without having to shuffle the original discs.

This usually works fine, but once in a while I'll get two or three tracks in a row that are silent. When I look at them in Explorer, they have track numbers, number of bytes or whatever, and a track length just like the other tracks I can hear, but they are just dead air.

The dead track are the first ones on a CD.

For example, in a 7-disc book I'm now listening to (each disc having 15 tracks), track 1 on disc 2 is blank, tracks 1-4 on disc 3 are blank, and tracks 1-3 on disc 6 are blank. Everything else is fine.

I'm using Win XP.

Ideas?

A:CDex problem - intermittent dropouts?

Hard to say. Might be best to try some other mp3 software and see if the problem persists.

http://www.nonags.com/catlist.asp?catID=MP3 Encode/Decode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cdex-problem-intermittent-dropouts.669130/
Relevancy 43.86%

Recently a few times a night my internet connection drops out randomly Random Solved: Dropouts Internet for usually - minutes During that period it s Solved: Random Internet Dropouts constantly searching sometimes it comes in for a second then right back out I ve replaced our modem Ubee DVW B to no avail The strange Solved: Random Internet Dropouts thing I ve noticed is that is seems to drop out when a device connects to the router Linksys EA like if I turn on another computer And just recently I noticed that it drops out if I disable my network adapter and reenable it It doesn t do it every time though This all started about a month ago when TWC was out for the entire area for a few hours According my the modem s diagnostics everything is well within proper values and I know unlike last time I had issues it s not a corroded splitter Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be Thanks I don t know if this helps but when it goes out Norton logs it as the the IP address disappearing from the adapter Additionally I ve noticed that whenever it drops out every device in the DHCP client list renews its lease nbsp

A:Solved: Random Internet Dropouts

So, you have a Linksys router connected to a Ubee modem/router combo. At the same time the Ubee loses it's connection to the ISP and all devices lose their connection to the Linksys, right? My guess would be an electrical problem. If both those devices are plugged into the same power strip or surge protector try plugging them directly into a wall outlet, or at least try a different power strip.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-random-internet-dropouts.1138808/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello friends It's time for yet another audio dropouts thread I've - Infrequent 7 dropouts momentary audio Windows 64-bit been trying to troubleshoot this issue myself for weeks and now I turn to you good people for assistance Issue I experience momentary lt s audio dropouts which occur very infrequently maybe every minutes or so This occurs across different media playback applications Winamp VLC Player Chrome YouTube - Flash and Cubase Pro my music production software My specs Hardware edit As Infrequent momentary audio dropouts - Windows 7 64-bit per my profile Mobo Gigabyte GA-Z X-Gaming Rev CPU Intel i - k GFX NVidia GTX drivers RAM G Skill Trident-X GB Gx DDR - OS Windows -bit SP fully updated bar Microsoft Silverlight HDDs - OS installed on a Samsung Series SSD gb - WD Black SATA TB storage applications - WD Green SATA TB storage - Samsung EVO Series gb games Sound Steinberg UR USB audio interface Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma KB Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Drivers etc I have installed all the latest drivers for my hardware from the Gigabyte site as well as for my peripherals and audio interface Except Realtek HD Audio driver Creative SB X-Fi driver Intel SATA Preinstall driver Marvell SATA Controller driver Marvell Storage Utility Marvell Preinstall driver Intel VGA Driver It is my understanding I do not need the audio drivers as I use my dedicated USB audio interface likewise with the Intel VGA drivers viz-a-viz the GTX As to the Marvell drivers all my internal drives are plugged into the SATA ports which are managed by the Intel z chipset What I've tried so far After months of nasty problems with Cubase excessive disk cache usage frequent dropouts pops clicks etc and many failed attempts at different drivers and BIOS settings I bit the bullet and reinstalled Windows The majority of the problems disappeared but now I have this infrequent dropout problem I should note that I have disabled all 'C states' from the BIOS as well as disabling Intel SpeedStep I turned off the automatic turbo setting and am not using any Xtreme Memory Profiles with my RAM Hyper threading is enabled I suspect it could be the Steinberg hardware but I would like to be sure before I RMA it I've been trying to determine the cause of the problem using DPC Latency Checker LatencyMon and xperf traces I don't think I know enough to interpret the data from these Attachments I've attached a few things that I hope will help determine this issue - dxdiag - x LatencyMon 'stats' extracts - xperf trace file Note on LatencyMon stats - they both capture periods where I experienced one of these dropouts Funnily enough LatencyMon gives me the 'Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks' message even when I don't get the dropouts The converse is also true I'll get dropouts but LatencyMon says everything is fine edit The xperf trace file was gb but compressed down to mb and is too big to include as an attachment What's the preferred method for uploading files of that size At any rate when it is finally available the dropout occurred sometime after s in the last seconds of the trace It's hard to be more specific without knowing what I'm looking for sorry Please let me know if there's any other information I have omitted or I could provide to assist you further Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/382405-infrequent-momentary-audio-dropouts-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I was looking around for an active PC forum for some help and this Wi-Fi Random dropouts, fine Ethernet working one seems to have a few users so hopefully I can get this resolved I'll try and keep everything quick Basically the Wi-Fi connection loses connection for a fraction of a second and breaks what it is doing i e downloading a file gt mb or so the download begins fast and after a few mb stops until it eventually fails Video streaming will buffer a bit Random Wi-Fi dropouts, Ethernet working fine and then stop if I let the video get to the end it just sits there pretending to load and I need to move the slider back a few seconds to make it buffer again Speed tests won't complete they start off fast and then stop the speed just goes down slowly until the test gives an error Google instant search is broken so I had to disable that That's basically the idea general web browsing is fine because I don't need to receive lots of continuous data it's the above things that give problems This is only happening on Wi-Fi and only on my laptop If I plug into Ethernet and try a speed test it completes with no problems seconds later on Wi-Fi and it gives an error I Random Wi-Fi dropouts, Ethernet working fine can also complete them through my phone without any problems so it's something to do with the Random Wi-Fi dropouts, Ethernet working fine laptop I did a full Windows reset and let Microsoft automatically get drivers problem was still there I downloaded the official driver from the Toshiba website and installed that problem was still there I scoured the internet for drivers and found a more updated one than the previous two on some French site problem is still there I should add though that this is not a constant thing but it feels like around of the time I have these issues I consider myself pretty knowledgeable when it comes to computers but I'm not very good when it comes to network configurations and the like I hope somebody can help me shed some light on this thank you Toshiba Satellite L - PSKDLA- C R Windows x Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG - Driver Version TP-Link AC - Archer D

A:Random Wi-Fi dropouts, Ethernet working fine

Welcome to the forum can you run our wireless test right click and choose run as admin post results www.crewetown.co.UK/wireless.exe

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/125343-random-wi-fi-dropouts-ethernet-working-fine.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi All dropouts... Multi-Homed intermittent server... IE I m running a SBS Server in a Multi-homed NICs configuration I m finding that i get quite a few IE dropouts although it may just not be because of the HTTP protocol My setup is as follows LAN NIC facing modem - LAN NIC facing workstations - My server does DHCP RRAS NAT as well and DNS All my workstation get IP addresses in the x range I have setup the gateway on LAN to which is the modem I have set DNS server on this NIC to My LAN NIC is setup with no Gateway and DNS being being itself My LAN Multi-Homed server... intermittent IE dropouts... NIC connects to a wireless router via ethernet No DHCP routing function turned on -only used as an access point for wireless laptops Okay now little more info From the server i can browse internet via IE without any dropouts - this maybe due to the fact that the server has a NIC directly connected to the modem However the workstations laptops connected my server dropout quite often - mainly on sites i havent visited before When i try to access a website from a workstation and it fails i will do a ping to that website using hostname This often fails Request timed out I even try pinging the IP address of this website after i identify the IP address using the ping command from the server which works but it too fails Once i go to the server and access this same website using the hostname of the website then the workstation will work and connect to this site And from here about of the time i will successfully connect to the internet i still however get the odd connection errors and sometimes doing a refresh of the page solves it other times doing what i ve done previoulsy sorts it out So to those who can help out do you think this is a NAT problem or DNS i wouldnt think DNS as i cant even ping IP addresses however i aint ruling that out because software can do funny things Lastly it could be interference of the wireless signal as all workstations are laptops and they all connect via wireless however one workstation connected via wireless works of the times and it is also in the same room as the other laptops if not the furtherest away from the wireless router Anyway any suggestions would be much greatly appreciated thanks in advance Regards Steve nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multi-homed-server-intermittent-ie-dropouts.779753/
Relevancy 43.43%

first of all im sorry if iv BAAAH!! Repair Identifying, constantly Dropouts, posted in the wrong forum i think its ok Problem is many things my last computer it had majour attacks of spyware had format both times bought a new comp with vista thing is my interne drops out constantly itl hav a cross for the internet conection ill repair it by reseting adapter n itl work for a certain amount of time then pages will randomly start loading slow or jst not at all this happens alllll the time But wen i do a speed test i get like kb s seeming im on connection this is normal but go to download anywhere else n i get pathetic speeds and yer it drops out it also sometimes says theirs an issue with my dns but then itl start going kind of normal again download speeds for a torrent get up to kb s max This is driving me insane If you could help then thatd be greatly apreciated Thankyou Chris nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

My internet can be very slow on my internet Very slow 8.1, in frequent Windows dropouts Windows PC All my other devices on speedtest net show about Mbps this PC occasionally gets there but will very quickly drop to under Mbps and every - minutes the internet will drop altogether for about seconds I also have a Ubuntu partition on this same PC and with this same hardware it maintains Mbps This behaviour happens with my default ethernet via powerline connection and also a wifi usb adapter I have the very latest driver Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Driver from my motherboards website I also tried the Windows driver from here I've no idea if it's the correct driver all I did was google quot Realtek PCI-E Ethernet Very slow internet in Windows 8.1, frequent dropouts Driver quot and it took me there When I installed it my speed was up to Mbps for a while then later it slowed to a crawl again But this also happens when I do a fresh install of the up-to-date driver from the MSI website Why is this happening Is there anything I can do Windows bit AMD A k processor MSI FM -A M-E motherboard gb ram

A:Very slow internet in Windows 8.1, frequent dropouts

Without a posted Speedtest or Shaper Probe result, we are going to be running blind here. It also helps to know who your ISP is, and what mfg & model of Gateway or Router you are using.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/55133-very-slow-internet-windows-8-1-frequent-dropouts.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I have recently been suffering from some very frustrating problems with my audio output Every couple of minutes the laptop will very briefly freeze up and the sound will cut out for maybe half a second few every Audio and Freezes Dropouts Short mins The freezing is only noticeable in games really After this the laptop makes a whirring noise I've run several CPU and fan tests and HD error tests and they all have come out ok DPC latency Short Freezes and Audio Dropouts every few mins checker is coming out with some massive spikes occasionally but these dont seem to coincide with the audio drop-out all though they have sometimes Turning of wireless doesn't help it reduces the smaller spikes but not the off the chart ones ive been seeing recently Anti virus shows up nothing either I have updated all my video and soundcard drivers with no joy I'm not really sure where to go from here but it sounds pretty un-healthy and i'm a bit worried Its a Asus Laptop gig Ram Intel Core Duo Ghz Souncard emu Video Nvidia G M

A:Short Freezes and Audio Dropouts every few mins

Try clean boot, it may be a conflict
If it works with clean boot, follow instructions
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Download and make a full scan with malwarebytes. Update before scan

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/123257-short-freezes-audio-dropouts-every-few-mins.html
Relevancy 43.43%

This is really weird Over the last issues causing Power ADSL dropouts? couple of weeks we re having this strange issue where a resistor will start humming in our water heater and at the same time our ADSL connection will go up and down like a yoyo terribly unstable When the humming quits the DSL stablilizes I know it s a resistor because we replaced that unit Power issues causing ADSL dropouts? last year for the same reason - humming I have a BT USB modem Aside from this weird issue the line is perfectly stable everything s set up correctly My UPS is showing normal input voltage and frequency it occured to us that perhaps a brownout or fluctuating Hz was causing this but that doesn t appear to be the case I m in the UK which has of course v Hz power Any idea what s going on here I don t know whether to complain to the power company to BT get the heater repaired or get a new modem or something I just can t figure out how these two issues are connected but they most certainly are Any ideas jmc nbsp

A:Power issues causing ADSL dropouts?

Well, if the power is going nuts, I sure could cause issues with a lot of equipment! OTOH, this could be the thermostat in the water heater chattering and creating electrical noise, which could also cause a problem. Simple idea, fix the water heater and see if the problem goes away!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-issues-causing-adsl-dropouts.431701/
Relevancy 43.43%

was having probs with my st labs router when i picked it up to reset it it was hot as , gave me an idea , i chopped the top of the case out to expose the chips (the tops the best ) and scewed a old 12 volt powersupply fan i had on top .
i havent had it f*** up since (see photo)

A:fixed dropouts on st labs 4 port router

A cool solution!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fixed-dropouts-on-st-labs-4-port-router.60218/
Relevancy 43%

Hello Please excuse any mistakes i may make internet dropouts, speed conection treacle frequent in etiquette or the like i have never posted in such frequent internet conection dropouts, treacle speed forums before I wonder if anyone may tell me if there is anything untoward frequent internet conection dropouts, treacle speed going on with my system - recently it started to run like treacle and the linksys wag g s w ver router little green lights WLAN frequent internet conection dropouts, treacle speed DSL and Internet ones keep flickering and the net connection is dropped when this happens the network connection icon tells me that a cable is disconnected I have ensured that the cables appear to be seated firmly in their respective sockets This treacle like performance has suddenly applied to my daughter s laptop that is wirelessly connected to the network too I understand that Hijack This seems to be the standard diagnostic tool so i installed and ran it log file below Both machines run avg free and zonealarm free Many thanks for your advice in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsupdate v V Controls en x client wuweb site cab O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs LLC - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe Best regards Emzdad nbsp

A:frequent internet conection dropouts, treacle speed

Closing duplicate thread, please continue here: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-n...uent-internet-conection-dropouts-treacle.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/frequent-internet-conection-dropouts-treacle-speed.558781/
Relevancy 43%

Recently, my computer has begun making a pop/ buzz noise whenever I play music. It is also visually noticeable when watching videos and playing games.
I first tried to fix it by reinstalling drivers for my graphics and audio, but to no avail. I also tried running antivirus and anti malware programs.
My next thought was to run LatencyMon, which shows that ndis.sys seems to be the culprit, but I don't know what to do next.
Thanks in advance for the help.

Here's my components:
AMD Phenom II x2 550 3.1 GHz processor
ATI Radeon 4850 1GB
2 x 2GB DDR2 1333 memory
790GX motherboard
I built it about a year ago and its running Windows 7

Relevancy 43%

On my computer my wireless connections go up to about 7 for example instead of jsut being called wireless network connection it says 1,2,3,4,5 everytime I switch usb ports for my wireless adapter it adds a new connection how do i remove the other so it sets back to zero also could this also explain why im having random dropouts from the net some programs will disconnect while im still connected to the network

A:Wireless netowkr dropouts+Remove wirless connection

I know some people who have that type of problem with printers--every time they connect to a different USB port they get a new instance of the printer. This shouldn't happen, but I do not know why it does on some systems. My suspicion is that there is some registry or USB driver corruption that prevents the device from being properly identified.

You can remove the other connections but it will not "set back to zero" unless you reinstall Windows. There may be some registry tweak, but it's not worth messing with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-netowkr-dropouts-remove-wirless-connection.708904/
Relevancy 43%

A bug in Win s sound generates DVD Win7 Media dropouts Player Media Player It can play video DVDs that have Win7 Media Player generates DVD sound dropouts normal moving picture and sound But if the picture is a non-moving still photo Win7 Media Player generates DVD sound dropouts the soud comes out with severe dropouts As soon as the still photo is over and the picture is again a moving one the sound is ok An ordinary DVD player connected to a TV played the same DVD without hiccups Because the DVD was authored at home the investigations were easy The DVD was encoded using variable bitrate Media Player s sound decoding can t handle the situation where the video bitrate is low due the not changing picture No matter was the sound encoded using PCM MPEG or Dolby Digital When the video in DVD was encoded using constant Mbit Win7 Media Player generates DVD sound dropouts s bitrate MPEG- its sound played continuously also in Win s Media Player That was a good lesson to learn before giving out some material that must be generally playable nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-media-player-generates-dvd-sound-dropouts.206836/
Relevancy 43%

Hi nbsp I am using a Lenovo Ultra Dock A EU and I am experiencing frequent audio dropouts when using the HDMI or DisplayPort output of it to play sound directly on a TV Philips PFL J or on nbsp an AVR amplifier Onkyo TX-NR After maximum minutes there is at causing is Dock dropouts sound or using Displ... HDMI least one short dropout about a second If I am using the HDMI output directly from my Lenovo T p even while docked there are no dropouts nbsp Since other people with different laptops have the same issue I am pretty Dock is causing sound dropouts using HDMI or Displ... sure the issue lies in the dock https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops X -Audio-Problems-with-Ultra-Dock td-p https thinkpad-forum de threads -X -Ultra-Dock-Ton-Aussetzerhttps thinkpad-forum de threads -Tonaussetzer-auf-HDMI-im-UltraDock- A EU https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops X -Ultra-Dock-Sound-problems td-p nbsp From the dates of these posts the issue seems to be there already since more than two years and seems to be pretty independent of the laptop nbsp It would be great if a Lenovo staff member could grab one of the docks and reproduce the issue to further escalate the issue Best would be to use a TV or AVR amplifier since it appears to happen mainly with those audio sinks nbsp If other people also experience this issue please quickly state it here too in order to push this issue forward It would be good if you could also state your equipment nbsp Looking forward a lot to a solution nbsp Thanks a lot in advance nbsp CheersDominik

A:Dock is causing sound dropouts using HDMI or Displ...

Full ACK.Problem occurs via HDMI and DisplayPort. Using MiniDP directly from my T440s works fine. New UltraDock from Lenovo had the same problem. Firmware-Updates also doesn't solve the problem.It's definitly the dock - not the T440s oder its config. I'm using an Onkyo TX-NR616, so maybe it occurs only when UltraDock meets Onkyo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Dock-is-causing-sound-dropouts-using-HDMI-or-DisplayPort/td-p/3429980
Relevancy 43%

Im desperate here as I simply cannot figure out the solution is and this thing is driving me nuts.

I have major latency issues and from DPC checker have figured out that its my network adapters (or at least I think).
When I disable both of them, I get nearly perfect sound.
Ive re installed them/dloaded new drivers multiple times and no difference.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I have a DELL E6400, Windows 7/64bit.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:6 months now and still no solution to audio Crackling/Popping/Dropouts

I know its no help but I have exactly the same problem with home built asus based PC, with tenda 802.11n W322P network card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/282449-6-months-now-still-no-solution-audio-crackling-popping-dropouts.html
Relevancy 43%

Report Post to Moderators log frequent treacle speed dropouts, hjt - Solved: internet -Apr- PM - frequent internet conection dropouts treacle speed emzdad emzdad is online now Computer Specs Junior Member Posts Join Date Apr Location cheshire uk Experience Beginner Hello Please excuse any mistakes i may make in etiquette or the like i have never posted in such forums before I wonder if anyone may tell me if there is anything untoward going on with my system - recently it started to run like treacle and the linksys wag g s w ver router little green lights WLAN DSL and Internet ones keep flickering and the net connection is dropped when this happens the network connection icon tells me that a cable is disconnected I have ensured that the cables appear to be seated firmly in their respective sockets This treacle like performance has suddenly applied to my daughter s laptop that is wirelessly connected to the network too I understand that Hijack This seems to be the standard diagnostic tool so i installed and ran it log file below Both machines run avg free and zonealarm free Many thanks for your advice in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Solved: hjt log - frequent internet dropouts, treacle speed WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Solved: hjt log - frequent internet dropouts, treacle speed Page http www google co uk O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com windowsu O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsof O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe O - Service AVG Update Service Avg UpdSvc - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe O - Service AVG E-mail Scanner AVGEMS - GRISOFT s r o - C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe O - Service TrueVector Internet Monitor vsmon - Zone Labs LLC - C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe Best regards Emzdad nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Forum member nasdaq helped to remove the last traces of a serious infection I picked up via a PDF see that thread for background info here nasdaq suggested I start a new thread here to fix the remaining problem The computer has been scanning clean for quite some time now but I am still experiencing DPC latency related audio dropouts that started with the infection I have updated all of my drivers the BIOS Firefox Java Flash and Adobe Reader The dropouts tend to start when I interact with the operating system minimizing and maximizing windows going to Show Desktop etc but they seem especially likely to start when I play online video or audio streams When latency issues PDF/Java and DPC removed, dropouts audio rootkit the dropouts start I get PDF/Java rootkit removed, audio dropouts and DPC latency issues an audio stutter once per second This can go on for quite a long time even after all applications are closed and even with almost all devices disabled in Device Manager Then the problem will stop and everything will work normally for a while This is a typical example of what the DPC latency looks like when the dropouts begin Any help will be appreciated

A:PDF/Java rootkit removed, audio dropouts and DPC latency issues

Hi -
Have you followed all of the directions in the box under the Latency Checker so far ??
Is this only showing in F/Fox or did you try Chrome and Internet Explorer yet ??

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435873/pdfjava-rootkit-removed-audio-dropouts-and-dpc-latency-issues/
Relevancy 42.14%

On I ran into an infected PDF that downloaded issues up, rootkit latency cleaned dropouts PDF/Java audio and DPC mostly a few trojans etc I sensed what was happening and quickly loaded up PDF/Java rootkit mostly cleaned up, audio dropouts and DPC latency issues a bunch of antimalware and detection programs Sure enough I had a rootkit infection and several viruses that were downloading files to the LocalService and NetworkService accounts via some kind of Java exploit I threw everything at the problem including HijackThis Trend Micro Housecall MBAM Microsoft Security Essentials RootRepeal RootkitBuster TDSSKiller Sophos Anti-Rootkit catchme mbr GMER and ComboFix Now my antimalware scans turn up clean but I m experiencing audio dropouts and DPC latency issues that were not happening before this infection I suspect it is not totally cleared Here is what MSE found and removed to give some background about the infection Trojan Win Sefnit AC TrojanDownloader Java Comesis A Exploit Win Pdfjsc YN Exploit JS Blacole W Exploit Java Blacole CA Exploit Java Blacole BZ Exploit Java Blacole BY Exploit Java CVE- - NL Exploit Java Blacole CB Attach txt GMER and ComboFix logs are attached to this post Here is the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Jameson at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Outdated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system emaudsv exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Creative Professional E-MU USB Audio EmuUsbAudioCP exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files foobar foobar exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uRun SetDefaultMIDI MIDIDef exe uRun E-MU USB Audio Control Panel quot c program files creative professional e-mu usb audio EmuUsbAudioCP exe quot uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun CTHelper CTHELPER EXE mRun MSC quot c program files microsoft security client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey mRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup StartupFolder c docume jameson startm programs startup adobeg lnk - c program files common files adobe calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLL DPF CA FB - E E- B -BF - E A CAA CD - hxxp download microsoft com download e e c -dd - c b-a - f a OGAControl cab DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF - hxxp download microsoft com download C C C CBBA -A F - D - B E- D LegitCheckControl cab DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC - hxxp update microsoft com microsoftupdate v V Controls en x client muweb site cab DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF C DB B -BCF - - - F A DC - hxxp office microsoft com officeupdate content opuc cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab TCP DhcpNameServer TCP Interfaces D A E - BFD- - - E D EE DhcpNameServer SSODL WPDShServiceObj - AAA BA- A C- B - D - D DB - c windows system WPDShServiceObj dll FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c documents and settings jameson application data mozilla firefox profiles jlq d rn default FF - prefs js browser search selectedEngine - Amazon com FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - about blank FF - plugin c documents and settings jameson local settings application data facebook video skype n... Read more

A:PDF/Java rootkit mostly cleaned up, audio dropouts and DPC latency issues

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/431738 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/431738/pdfjava-rootkit-mostly-cleaned-up-audio-dropouts-and-dpc-latency-issues/
Relevancy 41.28%

We cannot connect to the wireless network when using 802.1x radius authentication after Windows10 november update. Do you have any idea for this situation? Thanks

Nexus 5 cihaz?mdan Tapatalk kullan?larak gönderildi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/802-1x-wifi-network.1160778/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello,

I have just updated Windows 7 in my DELL Vostro but now i cannot see any wifi network available and i have not the option in network communication devices at Control Panel.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5a69d930-54d7-4f56-846b-c29bd9364abf/wifi-network-not-available?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 41.28%

hi bro, I have 2 pcs enable with two pci d-link dw510 desktop wireless adaptors, well i could able to connect two pcs and make lan and if one pc has internet of ethernet or some usb modem source i could able to share it to other, you understood me? any other source (must be rj45 or usb). My friend stays beside my house where he uses some wireless modem and lucky i could able to use his net comfortably with his permission using my pcs pci wireless adaptor(so my wireless adaptor is already engaged), my request is how shall i share or forward my first pc's net(already using wireless modem ) to another computer(since my 2nd pc doesn't sees my friends network[wireless modem])? please suggest me. help me solving this issue.

advanced thanks
sandy

Relevancy 41.28%

I am developing a 27,000 foot apartment building. I want them all to have internet access. Pricing isnt much of an issue but I would here all my options.

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I'm with Cogeco cable ISP and would like to use a wireless router. Cogeco tells me that they do not support wireless routers although a cable technician told me that D-Link WiFi routers work and LinkSys ones don't,

Can anybody tell me which wireless routers work with Cogeco?
and Where I can purchase one?

Thanks

A:WiFi Network

I suspect that almost any standard name brand router will work. There's nothing unique about their service, I suspect the tech just liked D-Link.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network.571789/
Relevancy 41.28%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows help wifi network no SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG AVGCC EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXEC PROGRAM FILES MYSOFTWARE MYINVOICES TRACKER EXEC PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXEC PROGRAM FILES AWS WEATHERBUG WEATHER EXEC WINDOWS RunDLL exeC PROGRAM FILES PARSONS TECHNOLOGY SCREEN SHOT SSHOT EXEC PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MYSOFTWARE NEWSFLSH EXEC PROGRAM FILES U S ROBOTICS G WLAN USRWLANG EXEC help no network wifi WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXEF USRSETUP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXEO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLLO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCXO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRAM FILES GRISOFT AVG avgcc exe startupO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run Tracker C Program Files MySoftware MyInvoices tracker exeO - HKLM Run eDonkey quot C PROGRAM FILES EDONKEY EDONKEY EXE quot -tO - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exeO - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Weather C PROGRAM FILES AWS WEATHERBUG WEATHER EXE O - HKCU Run Taskbar Display Controls RunDLL deskcp dll QUICKRES RUNDLLENTRYO - Startup Screen Shot lnk C Program Files Parsons Technology Screen Shot Sshot exeO - Startup MySoftware NewsFlash lnk C Program Files Common Files MySoftware NewsFlsh exeO - Startup U S Robotics g Wireless Network Utility lnk C Program Files U S Robotics g WLAN USRWLANG exeO - Extra context menu item Shorten URL - http www cjb net menuext htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res C PROGRAM FILES GOOGLE GOOGLETOOLBAR DLL cmtrans htmlO - Extra button Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YHEXBMES DLLO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Yahoo Messenger - BBE - E - D -AD - D AD - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YHEXBMES DLLO - DPF C E-FA D- -BACC-D C EF EPUImageControl Class - http tools ebayimg com eps wl activex EP ol v - - - cabO - DPF F D C -DB - CF- ECA- C FD C ActiveCGM Control - file C Program Files InterCAP ActiveCGM ActiveX Acgm cabO - DPF Tornado - http download games yahoo com games clients y t t x cabO - DPF DigiChat Applet - http digichat DigiClasses Client IE cab

A:help no network wifi

This log looks clean to me

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/5438/help-no-network-wifi/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I have a laptop with w pro with which I can connect to work using vpn either using lan or wifi from anywhere I want vpn using network wifi I also installed a laptop with w with vpn installed the same as with w Using lan I can connect to the network at work and do all I want to do but using wifi at home or anywhere else it sometimes connects eventually but mostly it doesn't and if it does connect I'm not able to see any of the servers in the network not even on ip address vpn using wifi network The internet connection with wifi is sometimes shown as limited even while it belongs to a private network Did some research on the internet and found that with w there were some problems reported with vpn which resulted in a hotfix from microsoft Bit anxious to apply because it was related to not Anyone have any clue or suggestions I would be obliged Regards Klaas

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/vpn-using-wifi-network-914594.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi I?m new to these forums and am hoping for some enlightenment. My wifi at work will recognize the wireless network and says it?s connected. Yet there is no internet. So I use the Ethernet cable and internet works. My wifi connects immediately on my home wifi router with no issues. I had wireless working flawlessly last week, but all this week it won?t connect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do you guys want me to do that ipconfig in DOS and post the results here?

A:Wifi has network but not connected.

Welcome to SF, America.

Your card is recognizing the wireless router, but the router is not connected to the Internet (I'm guessing). Unplug the wireless router, wait a few minutes, then plug it back in and test.

By the way, you didn't say if other workers could connect to the wireless router and get Internet access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/115049-wifi-has-network-but-not-connected.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Not sure if this the right place to ask but I need some help Okay for some reason I am unable to connect to my wifi network It was working fine Monday morning before I left for work but when I came back I got a message saying cannot connect Everyone else s laptops and tablets are working just fine It is just my laptop I ve been trying to fix it for the past few days but I ve gotten network. Can't to connect my wifi nowhere I tried everything I know to do I tried Trouble shooting Resetting amp unplugging the router Bringing back my laptop to an earlier date Checked amp changed the wifi name amp password I tried upgrading to windows though I went back to when it didn t work I even reset my laptop to its factory settings When I trouble shoot I get Can't connect to my wifi network. the following messages Cannot connect Try unplugging the router for seconds and try again Cannot connect to hidden network it s not hidden I been to the little router modem page for it and it says it is not my laptop just thinks it is Plus I can see it in my connection network list My laptop runs fine for the most part and it can connect via cable but I have to stay in the kitchen which is inconvenient for everyone My laptop is quite old though at least or years Might I need to buy a new one I d rather not if I can avoid it since like I said for the most part my laptop works fine nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-my-wifi-network.1166337/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi there,

I bought today Lenovo Y50-70, it was without OS, so i installed windows 7 on it. Now im facing
problem, where at internet access there are no available wifi connections. So i installed WLAN driver from
the Lenovo support, also didn't help. I don't know much about drivers, but it seems that under device manager
-> Network Adapters is wireless network adapter or something like that missing and im out of ideas how to
fix it.
Btw, under network adapters are only bluetooth devices and my wireless usb device.

A:Network Adapter (no WiFi)

Tried Fn + F5?

Any option to enable/disable WLAN in BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/371530-network-adapter-no-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I m using Windows home premium -bit I m having this strange problem where when I try to visit https pages in Firefox I get the error message sec error untrusted issuer The certificate is only valid for bthomehub home I ll try and paste in the full error message next time I see it But this only ever comes up when I am connected to my home wifi - when I connect through wifi at university I get no only wifi sec_error_untrusted_issuer network on one problems Also when this does happen http pages do load but much slower than usual When attempting to access the same pages with Internet Explorer or Chrome I also get error messages about certificates I doubt this is a problem with the router or internet connection since I ve only experienced these error messages and slowness with my laptop - when accessing the internet through my phone on wifi at home I have no problems Also temporarily changing the wifi password and connecting under the new password i e kicking off everyone else from the network makes no difference so I don t think it s caused by any other computer at home I don t always get these error messages at home - sometimes I can browse the internet normally up until around am then the problems reoccur Other times sec_error_untrusted_issuer on only one wifi network the problems start as soon as I get home A few days ago I tried changing the SSID of my home wifi network then reconnecting under the new name This made the problems go away However yesterday I tried doing the same thing again and it made no difference I have also tried deleting and re-adding my home wifi network under Manage wireless networks in control panel but this made no difference I ve seen other posts about this error message saying that it can be caused by incorrect time date settings I ve checked and mine are set correctly I ve also tried starting the computer in safe mode with networking - this made no difference AVG has picked up at least one virus I also ran Microsoft Security Essentials and that found more Adaware then found nothing but after seeing a similar post on here I ran ComboFix It said it removed something but the problem is still here I have also run the programs requested in the stickied thread So does anyone have any other suggestions for fixing this Thanks Edit Forgot to mention - I ve tried doing a system restore back to before the problems started but it gave an error message and didn t work Combofix ComboFix - - - Toby - x Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT Running from c users Toby Desktop ComboFix exe AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F AV Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Disabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Microsoft Security Essentials Disabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Other Deletions c programdata FullRemove exe C Recycle Bin c windows system drivers etc hosts ics c windows SysWow muzapp exe Infected copy of c windows SysWow userinit exe was found and disinfected Restored copy from - c windows winsxs x microsoft-windows-userinit bf ad e none de ff userinit exe Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c users Default AppData Local temp - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates A EEEE - E- F -A B - F D F E offreg dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates Backup mpengine dll - - - - ----a-w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates A EEEE - E- F -A B - F D F E mpengine dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c users temp - - - - ------w- c programdata Microsoft Microsoft Antimalware Definition Updates DA CE-A A- F-A -B CDDAE gapaengine dll - - - - ------w- c windows system MpSigStub exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files x Microsoft Security Client - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Microsoft Security Client - - -... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sec_error_untrusted_issuer-on-only-one-wifi-network.1047825/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, I'm using an old Dell dim 4400 I had it set up with wireless internet I unplugged it the usb adapter for a few hours and plugged it back it in to connect now I cannot get it to connect again. All the other pc's are connected to the same wi-fi net. Any suggestions? By the way it's an old XP dell dim4400 pc if that matters. Not sure what info you'll need to assist so please ask

A:Can not reconnect to my wifi network...

what version of windows are you running? sounds like maybe a driver issue..? click start-->right click "My Computer"-->cilck properties-->hardware tab up top then device manager see under the "Network Adapters" (click the plus sign beside it to open it up (MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE USB ADAPTER PLUGGED IN BEFORE YOU DO THIS) also download our system scan utility save it then run it and copy-paste the results here. click here to DL it http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-reconnect-to-my-wifi-network.1096141/
Relevancy 40.85%

ok i ll put it in short words now i have a wireless router a windows enabled Wifi network problem laptop It started like this Wifi network problem the router and the laptop were connected i started fiddling around by logging into the router via entered the user name and password and did some changes in the configuration like WPS key or something don t perfectly remember Then the router got restarted and suddenly it was network protected its asking me for a network key to log in i e the wep or wpa key The router has changed the SSID from Pronet to my Laptop s name like e g John s Laptop Network and also i forgot to mention there was a windows screen which had told me to remember a password like thing in a yellow background I know this part is hard to explain but it usually tells you to remember passwords like these when you enter a network like public or home So is there a way to find such passwords which win prompted like is it stored in the computer somewhere Please Help nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

I would like to add another PC to my existing wifi home network. I use a Belkin wireless router connected directly to one PC via cable. I have a 2nd PC connected via wireless adapter (trendnet) in the back of the house. The 3rd PC, which I want to add, is about 6 feet away from the 2nd PC. Can I connect the 2nd and 3rd PC's with a cable or do I have to use another wireless adapter? I have an adapter but rather not use it if I don't have to. Would I have a problem with the adapters close to each other? I didn't hook up the original network so I need to know what to do.

Thanks,
Jim

A:Add PC to existing wifi network

Your choice. If you connect the PCs by ethernet you need a cross-over cable unless at least one of the ports is auto-sensing (MDI/MDIX). Then bridge the wireless and ethernet connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-pc-to-existing-wifi-network.745855/
Relevancy 40.85%

I need some help here Basic Info Laptop Toshiba Satellite A WIFI Win XP GHz AMD processor MB RAM Modem Router Wire HG-B I just got DSL after years of Dial-up patience I got the modem Not Connecting Network WIFI to wireless router combination The two are in one WIFI Not Connecting to Network The modem is a Wire HG-B I believe that I have the modem router set up properly It is receiving DSL just fine and the LAN-based connection with my laptop works wonderfully The problem I believe is with my laptop When I look at the available wireless connections the network provided through my router shows up It is called quot WIRE quot and the signal is bars excellent However I am unable to connect to it It says in the quot Wireless Network Connection quot box that for this WIFI Not Connecting to Network network the laptop is set up to connect automatically However it is not connecting When I go to the command prompt and type in IPCONFIG ALL I get the following ------------------------ Windows IP Configuration Host Name LAPTOP Primary DNS Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - D-B -DE- Ethernet adapter WIFI Not Connecting to Network Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Toshiba Wireless LAN Mini PCI Card Physical Address - - D-BB- B- E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server ---------------------- When I got to my desktop which works fine with the router and type IPCONFIG the desktop s IP address is and the gateway for the router shows up as If I manually enter into the laptop the IP address of x x being any value between and except for I still get no gateway address showing up I was using WEP and had all of the WEP keys entered the same I just switched it to WPA and still get nothing Just a reminder that I am fairly new to the world of wireless networking so maybe I have overlooked something or done something wrong Anyway I can t think of anything else to do If something needs clarification please let me know But if someone can help I would be very grateful Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all
I have a Linksys WAG54GP2 in my house and a WRT54G in the garage. The two are connected together by a cable. What i want to do is make the wrt extend the wireless network that the wag54 is propogating so that there is only one network. At the moment there are two wireless networks on my property but i only want one.
Any questions/clarifications please ask!
Cheers
Allan

A:2 Routers, 1 Wifi Network

You really cannot connect two routers to each other, unless you have the ability to turn off the routing functionality on one of them to make it work like a simple switch. See if the adnin panel on either of them allows this type of reduced functionality operation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-routers-1-wifi-network.114158/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi

I have a niggle that?s eating up some time.

I log to a wireless network at my apartment. Most of the time I use firefox for browsing.

From time to time the network cuts off, every 2 or 3 hours. Normally it will get back online once I reconfirm user name and password from the browser. Sometimes, at least once a day, it wont find the local server, shows website not found, and I have to reboot my system to get back on line.

I have tried manually entering the correct IP address for the server, but that did not work.

When I have tried to fix it myself I noticed that it often came up with a message saying that firefox was still open, but it was closed, so there must be some background activity. I thought possibly this is causing the problem.

Id be grateful of any ideas.

Simon

A:Firefox and wifi network

Does it happen if you are not using wireless (use ethernet cable to the router/modem)? Also does it happen if you are using other browsers like IE (or Opera or Safari)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-and-wifi-network-364362.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Iv e been looking at a laptop recently - Dell Inspiron - At one stage it was picking up all the networks and now it won t pick up any I have done many tests which says the wireless card is functioning normally and the WIFI indicater is swiched on Fn F I have changed it from windows vista to XP and still the problem remains I m suspecting it would be that the radio signal is jamming somehow but I don t understand how it could happen Would it be something wrong with the network card even though all tests says card Network - WIFI that it is working properly Or could it be something like a driver or software that could be causing the issue even though I m after WIFI - Network card switching the Operating Systems I would like to know before I go and purchase a new network card everything seems to be working fine only for the radio part of it Thanks in advance nbsp

A:WIFI - Network card

First, you need a way to verify the networks are available. You can't just assume a wireless network is available. So you need another PC or other hardware to verify the wireless network is working. Assuming it is working, the wireless card would appear to be faulty. As you've used two OS's, you've very likely ruled out an OS and driver issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-card.1002053/
Relevancy 40.85%

In the Oct 8, 2009 issue of the Windows Secrets newsletter, Fred Langa addressed the question: Who's sneaking onto your Wi-Fi connection?
The article is in the paid edition of the newsletter, so I'm not going to repeat it. However, his advice boils down to using the web interface to check with the router.

More -
Who's connected to your WiFI network? - Computerworld Blogs

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/252106-whos-connected-your-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

i have windows 10, and using an hp laptop.there are 3 networks and i can only see #1 and 3. i can't find or see the #2 network. but my phone can see #2 network and other laptop can see it too.at this point im sure it is not related to the router as you can see others are able to connect or find that #2 network. hwoever my laptop can't. now what to do to fix this? I already tried uninstalling my driver and reinstalling it. also it is up to date. no option for roll back. what to do? help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-view-a-wifi-network-but-others-can/td-p/5847986
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all, just got a new labtop with a wireless card and I booted it up and I connected to a wireless network here at my home. It said that there are one or more of the connections available. So i hooked up to one. My question is, I wanted to find out how to see whos network it is as I want to tell them that thier WIFI network is not secure. Any commands I could run ect to see whos it is?
thanks

CUBE

A:Connected to WIFI network who's is it???

Even though you mean no harm just connecting to someone's network is illegal. Yes, I know they aren't being very smart, but if somebody leaves their front door open you can't assume you are welcome to walk in.

Since they set up the network without encryption, they probably know it's unprotected.

Your best bet is to just leave it alone. As you start to learn/use networks you'll soon enough see how you might be able to locate the source of the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-wifi-network-whos-is-it.372355/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey guys..

So I bought myself a MyBook Live NAS few weeks back and I'm a little concerned about security when hooking this up on wifi, home network.
I get that you need a password for connecting to a WPA2 secure network, and that my home network shows for everyone in my routers reach, but does the NAS show up for my neighbours? Does the NAS itself need password protection?
Sorry if this has been covered on another post, but beeing new to the whole NAS thing, I have no idea how to search up this particular problem.

Michael

A:[HELP] NAS on home network through wifi..

Well you could always disable the broadcast of your network name (SSID) that way your casual computer user with a laptop can't see your network listed if they are in range. That added to a really strong password to get on the wireless network and you should be golden. ~Random alphanumeric strings work best for passwords, wifi is no exception~

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156776-help-nas-home-network-through-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have inspiron 15 with win 10. For some reason the system is not detecting the wifi that I would like to connect to. However It is showing other networks .. my phone is picking up the network.. but not laptop..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983998
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey guys,

1. So I bought a tp-link wifi usb 2.0 adapter..

2. I also have my internal wifi .. (laptop)

3. I have used the command : "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" (and the other command that sets up a wireless network.. with passwrod etc..)

4. How do I correctly force use my 2nd wifi adapter (the tp-link wifi usb) for the one that actually creates the hotspot..? It seems to only create a virtual wifi adapter and share internet from that..

but I want to share from my 2nd tp-link usb wifi .. I want that one to have the hotspot that my phone etc can join.

Hope this makes sense..

thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69473-2-wifi-hosted-network.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am having problemwith low wifi signals with my HP Laptop. bcm943142y........so i need a solution please.....and want the link from where i should download the correct driver

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/problem-with-low-wifi-network/td-p/5717839
Relevancy 40.85%

hi i have updated my opreating system from windows 8 to windows 10 everythink is working correctly but after i have updated my windows i cant use internet i have already checked driver in the control panel but isnt working !!! any solution i have alredy try to intsalled from hp official website drivres but its not working ....... 

A:hp 250 g3 wifi & network drivers

Here are few things which needs attention:1. What browser are you using.2. What website are you trying to browse.3. What type of connection are you using.4. Are you connected to the right connection.5. Are you browsing through Proxy or Firewall.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-250-g3-wifi-amp-network-drivers/td-p/5695353
Relevancy 40.85%

My computer is having trouble connecting to one single wifi network. I have other devices connected to the network, so I know it works, my laptop won't connect, though. I thought Windows 8 may have been the problem, but it will connect to any other wifi but this one. I looked through this thread http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1027100-laptop-wont-connect-one-particular.html but it wasn't particularly easy for me to understand.

I have already done the easy troubleshooting steps, such as turning airplane mode off/on, forgetting the network and re-signing in, etc.

Thank you for your help!

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all My Wifi isnt detecting WIFI not network detecting my home network Whats strange that WIFI not detecting network it happened on a turn off WIFI not detecting network on from the computer i did not install anything At first the network was detecting the home network but WIFI not detecting network wasnt able to connect meanwhile other devices a phone and a table could however now i cant detect any network mine or from neighbors which appear on my phone I ve tried to reboot the PC turn the card fn f on and off disabling the card on the device manager and i cant find the driver for it Its a notebook CCE Info Onix -B not sure if its a Brazilian trademark only anyway The card is a Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN Something else me is that on the device manager the name has a quot TEST quot at the end of the name not sure if its nomenclature only alsol theres a triangle with a on it indicating some issue which i dont know how to specify Any ideas to fix i can provide any necessary information Thanks nbsp

A:WIFI not detecting network

Try re-installing the driver.

Get the one that matches your version of Windows here :- http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...ownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#2781

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-not-detecting-network.1111920/
Relevancy 40.85%

i need some help with a wireless network problem I have a Kcorps router running off ntl cable broadband i have two p c s and a laptop in the house One of the p c s and my daughters laptop can log onto the internet The problem arises with the p c upstairs which i can t get to make a connection I bought the kcorps klg gold card to match the router network Wifi woes I originally had it upstairs on my p c because the signal wasn t strong enough for the MSI one which came with my motherboard It worked straight away great I put the MSI one in the kids p c downstairs which is about foot from the router The signal kept dropping and the connection with it I bought a db gain aerial which didn t Wifi network woes help So I experimented by putting my network card in the kids p c Which worked straight away with an excellent reception strength I went to a local p c parts supplier and was recommended and sold a high gain card which loaded o k went through the process of assigning the card to the network it repeatedly failed to connect I checked in device manager all was as it should be I ensured that my network was the one that the card was logging on as the automatic choice It could see the network but would still not communicate I bought through ebay as i could not source one via a dealer a second Kcorps gold klg network card the same as my original which i was assuming would do the business I followed the installation to the letter installing the software first then shutting down the p c Installed the card and started up the p c I went through the installation process as instructed by windows went into device manager there it was this device is working and there are no conflicts It came up there are more than one networks available I assigned my as the automatic one Signal strength very good but still it will not make a connection to the network so i can get online Everytime i have removed a card and installed a new one a number changes on the end of the card description device manager i m currenrly on I have tried different pci slots i have cleansed the registry before reinstalling the device driver for the card and still it will not communicate with the network Surely two network card could not be faulty Has anyone got any idea where i may be going wrong it s driving me crackers All the p c s are running windows x p p c s on xp pro and the laptop xp home I won t even dare ask how you get them all to see each other on the network that would just be too much Help anyone please i could end up bald at this rate nbsp

A:Wifi network woes

You may want to ask a Moderator to move this post to the Networking forum. You may get a faster and better response. To contact a Mod, click on the small triangle at the top right side of your post. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-woes.608418/
Relevancy 40.85%

Problem:
I have a Win7 PC connected to router through LAN. I have Win8 connected to router over WiFi. How to share files between them? Is it MS related or router related problem?
Workarounds:
If I connect Win8 through LAN, sharing is working.
Win7 can ping Win8, but entering in explorer \\IP I get common "you do not have permission...". Win8 can't ping Win7 at all.

I have searched a lot, found a lot of similar problems but none of them was mine and solutions didn't work.

A:Sharing on network between LAN and WiFi

Quote: Originally Posted by gacuxz

Problem:
I have a Win7 PC connected to router through LAN. I have Win8 connected to router over WiFi. How to share files between them? Is it MS related or router related problem?
Workarounds:
If I connect Win8 through LAN, sharing is working.
Win7 can ping Win8, but entering in explorer \\IP I get common "you do not have permission...". Win8 can't ping Win7 at all.

I have searched a lot, found a lot of similar problems but none of them was mine and solutions didn't work.

Is there more than one router in this network? Maybe a modem/router then another wireless router?

You shouldn't have any problems sharing between LAN and wireless unless they aren't using the same default gateway which points to a router configuration problem.

If you can post the .txt file that is created on your desktop by unzipping and then clicking on the ipconfig file, from both machines it would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/316247-sharing-network-between-lan-wifi.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I checked the forums but didnt see what Im asking directly covered first I am a complete newbie when it comes to wifi I just got a network wifi password used month old laptop when I click on the wifi icon I get the network screen then it searches and comes up with a couple of wireless networks I choose one of them and when I click on it another box open and asks for a network wifi network password key Every network I select asks for a key but I have searched the internet and cant really find out where to find the key Do I make up my own keys Also I want to be able to travel with it and not have wifi network password to make up keys everytime im in a new city or use a different wireless network So can someone please help me and tell me what I need to do Thanks in advance and sorry if this is a stupid question but Im at a loss nbsp