Windows Support Forum

Seagate firmware update failed

Q: Seagate firmware update failed

Hello
Using dell inspiron 5448 with HDD 1 TB + SSD 8 GB, windows 10, 64 bit working fine.
Found the new Seagate fimware on the dell support as follows

Seagate ST500LM000/ST1000LM014 Firmware Update

File Name: Kahuna V_ZPE.exe
Importance: Recommended

Description: Hard-Drive (47.16 MB)
Release Date: 09 Nov 2016

Version: DEMM/DEMN ,A05
The installation failed on my laptop with an alarm box showing unable to identify the boot partition, please use the USB boot key or CD ISO image of this utility instead.
Confused since installation instruction said just download and it will be automatically installed.
Called Dell but the agent said nothing they could do.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Seagate firmware update failed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Seagate firmware update failed

I suggest you right click windows logo (or click yellow folder), click and expand 'File Explorer', 'This PC', and then check to see if Seagate update is either in your downloads or documents. If yes, I suggest you open the file and click 'Run As Administrator'.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997181
Relevancy 17.2%

AMD has launched their first WQHL-certified Catalyst graphics card driver update since December 2014, bringing a heap of new features and performance updates across the board, as well as the usual array of bug fixes.

Read more

A:AMD launches major GPU driver update: Catalyst 15.7 WHQL

I have played with the CFX and Freesync support on the Acer 1440p 144hz monitor. Works great and makes me want to actually own a Freesync monitor now...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-launches-major-gpu-driver-update-catalyst-15-7-whql.216359/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a Razer BlackWidow keyboard Recently I downloaded and installed the latest version of Razer s Synapse on update keys swapped firmware Razer BlackWidow to try and fix this issue I was having with my Naga Lo and behold my Naga issues Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow were fixed but another problem emerged The new version of Synapse added support for the BlackWidow and also upgraded the firmware But after the upgrade my Windows and Alt keys have been swapped so when Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow I press one I get the other The only way I ve been able to fix it so far is to use SharpKeys to switch the keys back around but when I connect another keyboard that keyboard now has its Windows and Alt keys swapped It s not that big Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow of a deal but I do swap to a quieter keyboard late at night from time-to-time and I would really prefer to have it fixed without having to rely on a workaround like this I ve check around and I can t find any information about this issue and Razer s support website is completely useless as usual Likewise I haven t had any luck so far with downgrading the firmware either Does anybody have any idea on what I could do particularly other BlackWidow owners nbsp

A:Razer firmware update swapped keys on BlackWidow

Can't you just go into Synapse and assign the Windows key to the Alt key and vice versa? All the keys are programmable and hopefully this wouldn't affect your other keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-firmware-update-swapped-keys-on-blackwidow.182990/
Relevancy 17.2%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello I need urgent help with resolving this as I am trying to get the harddrive showing up or at least recover files by Hard Portable Drive External Slim detected Seagate PC not I was using it at school first and my computer froze so I shut down the Seagate Portable External Hard Drive Slim not detected by PC computer and restarted without safely removing Seagate Portable External Hard Drive Slim not detected by PC the hard drive at first the PC wouldnt reboot because I had it still plugged in after unplugging it and the PC loaded up it did not recognize the hard drive anymore I have tried it on several PCs including the one at home all using Windows and none of them recognize it I tried all USB ports on my PC and none of them work the light on the hard drive is ON so I know there is no connectivity issue I tried several free trial softwares even the ones by Seagate and none of them recognized the drive so I cannot use their tools for recovering files or detecting the hard drive When I check the Disk Management it does not show there When I check the Device Manager it does not show under USB controllers but it DOES show under Disk Drives I also checked and the drive is up to date The Model is BUP Slim BK In my quick launch the drive is recognized there and gives me the option to Eject it but it doesn t actually Eject it when I click on it it either stop responding or does nothing unless I manually unplug it EDIT After a really long time the Eject message says the device is already in use which is probably why it doesnt Safely eject nbsp

A:Seagate Portable External Hard Drive Slim not detected by PC

I am also having the same problem, as I need to get some stuff off my hard drive but it does not show up on any of it, was just wondering if you had found a way to fix this yet?
Kind Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-portable-external-hard-drive-slim-not-detected-by-pc.207640/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks now. Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated. I cant afford a new pc or any new hardware at this time.

A:"Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed."

failed to query tcp/ip settings of the connectionClick to expand...

what did you do when this occurred?

Describe network equipment {modem, router} ISP, and your system.

Connect it all together, get a command prompt, enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
and come back here and paste the contents of myTcp.txt as your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection-cannot-proceed.177223/
Relevancy 17.63%

The impending launch of DirectX 12 is one of the more exciting things to happen in PC gaming in recent years. Many people are eager to see how the low level API will improve the performance of games that implement...

Read more

A:You can now test DirectX 12 yourself with latest 3DMark update

This is way windows is doomed. DirectX 12 should be available for win 7-10, but MS is so greedy, they cant seem to understand why they are disliked and windows will evientaly be destroyed by Google. Just look at there market share. I betting big on SteamOS, and once it takes off, I will take the jump. Windows is now to bloated, and with greed, I hope all backers back Vulkan. DX12 on Win 10 only has officially broke the camel back.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/you-can-now-test-directx-12-yourself-with-latest-3dmark-update.210768/
Relevancy 40.85%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, am prepared to be labelled "thick as mince" however I wonder if anyone can advise how to proceed with the following: Replaced cracked laptop screen on a TM99, on first start up after replacement, the screen worked.....woohoo!, however.....on next startup, there was nothing, no lights, no start up screen...nada. Replaced new with original screen, which although cracked had worked, and it too now failed. Any ideas? The cable for the screen was seated properly and securely, nothing else was moved so am struggling to establish a reason for this non conformance. Could it possibly be a jammed "lid closed" switch? If this is potentially the culprit, anyone know whereabouts it is? Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-tm99-laptop-failed-screen-replacement.208913/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a mystery on my hands. I received a Bluetooth speaker as a gift. The BT-4.0 adapter plugged into my computer (USB-2.0 port) detects it (as a "Bluetooth headset"), but when I try to select it as my output device (from the "Sound" Control Panel), Windows reports it as "Disconnected".

If I open "Devices and Printers" and right-click the "Bluetooth headset" icon, I get an alert that the device "Failed to initialize".

I've tried rebooting, tried a different BT adapter, updated my BT drivers off the makers' website, Device Manager shows everything is connected & working (including "Bluetooth Audio").

64bit Win7 Home. Inateck BT-4.0 usb adapter. Speaker is a "MicroBoom" BT v2.1:
Any ideas?

PS: Eliminated the obvious. Speaker is fully charged and works just fine with my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-headphones-paired-but-disconnected-failed-to-initialize.207624/
Relevancy 24.51%

Please somebody help me asap I tried to change the public Dns to google's one but failed to do so now I cant reverse it I clicked auto obtain IP and Dns but still cant connect to my router, I beg you somebody help me.

A:DNS change failed

I'm far from an expert on anything internet, but I had a similar experience when Verizon changed servers on me, and my router failed to track it.

I called Verizon tech support and they reconfigured the router for me while I was on the phone.

You can also try opening a command box and type, "ipconfig/release", wait a few moments and type, "ipconfig/renew" (obviously without the quotes). That will only work if the issue is with the computer, but not the router.

Don't despair though. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about could be along any minute...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-change-failed.207375/
Relevancy 17.63%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all,

EEPROM is a hardware piece that the BIOS (which is a code) is inside it. What about some piece named firmware? Is there any independent device named firmware in PC? If so, what does it do?

A:EEPROM, BIOS & firmware

A firmware is a structure code, embedded and instructed written languages that is designed by programmer to communicate with devices attached to the particular device. Most especially of our input devices has firmware inside talk of mouse, keyboard, flash drive e.t.c

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/eeprom-bios-firmware.206033/
Relevancy 31.39%

My 320 GB Seagate external hard drive is detected but not showing up in my computer. What should I do?

In cmd> diskpart> list volume it does not show up. (screenshot attached)

In Device Manager it gets detected. (screenshot attached)

In disk management it shows up as 'unallocated'. If I initialize it, will I lose all data on the drive? It had 4 partitions. (screenshot attached)

In My Computer also it does not show up. (screenshot attached)
Even BIOS recognizes it.

What to do? I don't want to lose any data on the drive. If I initialize it in device manager will I lose data?

I was installing window XP on my computer, usually I remove the external drive but this time I did not. The external drive was shown as 4 drives in partition manager during installation. But the installation failed. The next time I was installing windows again, the external drive was shown as 1 single unknown or unrecognized drive. I'm not sure if it was unknown or unrecognized. I'm sure I didn't format it. So what I need to do now? I don't want to lose any data.

A:Seagate external hard drive not showing up in my computer. It is detected.

Yes, if you initialize it you will 'lose' everything. You will want to try something like [email protected] Recovery or maybe Easeus Partition Recovery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-it-is-detected.205926/
Relevancy 33.11%

My or Trash Seagate Bin? SSHD sshd is not working as expected Its cold boot time is more then seconds Seagate SSHD or Trash Bin? and it should be only seconds I am working on this issue for days and no solution Problem occurs even with a complete recovery After the recovery it reduces to seconds normally and after a few cold boot it again become seconds I made every possible solution and I suspect my sshd is not Seagate SSHD or Trash Bin? working What should I do for resolving the issue What I made is Initial Recover It reduces to seconds after recover process and then increases up to seconds Uninstalling Intel Rapid Seagate SSHD or Trash Bin? Storage Again it reduces to seconds cold boot time but then increases again to seconds Turn Of Fast Startup gt Restart gt Turn On Fast Startup gt Make a few cold boot It again become seconds and then increases up to second after a few restarts Disabling Superfetch No effect Disabling All The Startup Programmes and Unnecessary Services No effect Safe Startup No Effect Some Bios Tricks No effect Updating or Disabling Several Drivers like Bluetooth Wireless Card Reader Etc No Effect Shutting Down The Laptop and Without battery holding the power button No effect Booting Without Mouse or any usb devices No effect Changing Increasing Decreasing Pagefile Sys size No effect Increasing Decreasing Hiberfill sys size It increase the time of cold boot process Uninstalling all third party programs No effect Seagate Claims this hybrid disc make boot process super fast as low as seconds but this sshd is a trash I guess seagate caching algorithm is not working properly and I will get mad about this nonsence sshd If you have a good idea what is wrong please help me My Operating System is Windows and This is a Laptop SSHD of Seagate nbsp

A:Seagate SSHD or Trash Bin?

SSD or go home. Hybrid drives are at the mercy of the algorithms. Which technically, they'd use the small 12GB (or so) partition to run some other commonly-opened applications rather than the boot-once-a-day Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-sshd-or-trash-bin.204909/
Relevancy 22.79%

Had an AMD HP G62-227CL laptop that overheated and required motherboard replacement with similar Intel motherboard. Old board clocked at 2.2 MHZ .. new one is 2.0 MHZ.
Board I got from Ebay works but now computer believes that it is a Compaq CQ42 Laptop. Do not know the model number, which I would need on HPs site to download BIOs upgrades.

Is there a way to tell which bios I need or what model I now have?

Thank you,

Steve

A:Replaced Failed Motherboard.. now how do I determine model number and which BIOS to download?

Finding a bios update rather then the one hp would give for this board. Would be next to none.
You could check a few of the support pages for this model. Which their are a lot Of
Maybe find out the motherboard you have bought.

HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP Support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-failed-motherboard-now-how-do-i-determine-model-number-and-which-bios-to-download.203956/
Relevancy 18.06%

CPU:AMD FX-8320
Motherboard:ASUS M5A97 R2.0

I hardly know anything about the BIOS so I am asking you this:
Will I need to update my BIOS and if so how to do that?
Am I going to update it to the latest version(2103) or the version when the processor was first compatible(1006)?

Please help, I do not want to make a mistake when updating so please provide a detailed explanation ! ! !

A:BIOS update

Some might say updating the BIOS is not worth the risk unless you have a reason to chance it. On the other hand I've never had a BIOS update go badly. BIOS updates are not that difficult to do. But there is always a risk of the update failing. In the off chance of failure, the motherboard will be bricked. There are motherboards that come with a second BIOS for failsafe. I don't know if the failsafe can be used under a bricked board, I will assume it can until I hear otherwise.

There are three ways to update that I am aware of. All of which may not be available depending on motherboard model and age of system.

Within the Operating System (I've used this method but for awhile it was advised against)
You will need to download BIOS Update application. The application will download and install the new BIOS.

Within the BIOS
Within the BIOS there is an update facility. You will only need the new BIOS. (My BIOS will only update from a USB stick.)

From DOS utility
Not only will you need to download the new BIOS, you will need to download the flash utility that is designed for the update.

I recommend updating from within the BIOS (assuming you have this option). Download the new BIOS to a USB stick and then boot into the BIOS. Browse around to find the update facility and the rest is self explanatory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update.198931/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello,
I gotta Seagate USB 2.0 500 GB Expansion drive. Its been working just fine on my computer up until a couple days ago. For some reason the latest windows 7 update must have messed up the formatting of it, now its not being recognized on my laptop at all. Shows up as a local disk...very frustrating. I've tried almost everything I could think of. I've tried assigning a partition letter in disk management, uninstalling the software, trying it on different computers, system restore...nothing. I don't wanna result in having to reformat it and lose what I got. Could somebody please help me???

A:Seagate HDD not being recognized by my computer

You may try to scan and check your hard drive for possible errors using Seagate's Seatools for Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-hdd-not-being-recognized-by-my-computer.203258/
Relevancy 22.79%

Good day chaps, yesterday night I was casually playing a game (Aion > mmorpg) and I decided to put some music on(it was on browser, YouTube), when I pressed alt+tab to change it it started flashing telling me the exact issue : AMD DRIVER CRASHED AND FAILED TO RECOVER.

I got a bit scared when it gave me a blue screen, so I thought of asking for any tips or clues why it does that~

For unkown reasons, I can't upload the .dmp file saying either its empty, or The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Hope you can help me and thanks a buck!~

A:Dell Inspiron 3512 AMD Radeon HD 8500/8700M crashed and failed to recover

Upgrade the driver and see if this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3512-amd-radeon-hd-8500-8700m-crashed-and-failed-to-recover.203323/
Relevancy 32.68%

Please help my segate external hard disk 500 gb not working all of the solutions are not working please any solution but not that solution of computer manage please help and replay fast

windows 7 (64)

A:Seagate external hard disk

Man... that sucks. If ALL solutions are not working you are screwed.

Please read the link in my signature and try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-disk.203299/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi there
need to know if I can upgrade my graphics card for upgrade to windows 7.
current graphic card:ati radeon 9200 se 128mb ddr tvo
computer :fujitsu siemens scaleo 600
motherboard :microstar ms-6585 2.oa
power supply:dc output 250w
thanks so much.
learner1

A:Graphics card update to host windows 7

I don't know if you CAN upgrade your graphics card, but:

You most likely don't NEED to.
It's not really a good idea to upgrade at all. Those parts are old as dirt and you won't find anything cheap that'll fit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-to-host-windows-7.202568/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,
I want to buy a new hard disk.
While I was searching I found two identical hard drives, but one was WESTERN DIGITAL and the other one was SEAGATE.

What do you think which one is better (or more reliable)?

A:Western Digital or Seagate?

Even though I personally use Seagate, I would vote for either one. I've had equally good and bad luck with all drive manufacturers.

With only those two options, anyone casting a vote would be seen as biased (IMO).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/western-digital-or-seagate.200682/
Relevancy 23.65%

When I am accessing wifi network I get dns failed error message. what is the problem? pls help

A:DNS failed error in WiFi network

Can you connect using a wired connection?
Get a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt​then open that file, copy the contents and paste into your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-failed-error-in-wifi-network.200577/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have no idea why this happened, after the update none of the ports on my computer work after booting into windows. bios was updated before this and all was fine. checked in bios if ports were enabled. still no joy. help!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-usb-and-ps-2-ports-dead-after-msi-motherboard-driver-update.200108/
Relevancy 32.68%

Please I need your help I have Seagate SSHD hard disk model ST DX it is working fine but I can t use any too SSHD Seagate (ST2000DX001) is slow software from Seagate website the software are -Sea tools for windows when I use the software the software doesn t see my hard Seagate SSHD (ST2000DX001) is too slow disk it can only see Generic USB SD READER -download finder software again doesn t recognize the hard disk -Seagate Maxtor serial number locator again doesn t see my hard disk -Drive detect utility lt again doesn t see my hard disk When I go to device manager gt disk drive section I can see ST DX - CM SCSI disk device I already installed windows OS with all the windows updates internet security softwares -Please can I use disk defragmentation software with this hard disk The softwares I have for degragmentation -iolo system mechanics -Glarys utilities -Ashampoo win optimizer I use the defragmentation software one at a times please reply to this question as well another thing this hard drive is too slow like I have normal HDD it should be a lot faster than the normal HDD When I turn the pc on it took minute seconds to fully load to desktop but it took seconds when it turned off I watched a lot of clips in you tube about this SSHD I am not saying is bad but it should be faster I wrote one month ago to seagate technical support they don t bother to reply to my email what kind of technical support it that I have SATAII connection do you think shall I buy SATAIII card internal or upgrade the memory from GB to GB maximum the motherboard allow me I hope to hear from you very soon My kindest regards habib nbsp

A:Seagate SSHD (ST2000DX001) is too slow

habib,

What kind of PC is this you have installed the sshd into? make/model or if it's a custom system please give us the specs.
What version of windows are you running on this PC?

I personally wouldn't worry about running the software that came with the drive, sometimes utilities from the manufacturers can be worthless or do more harm than good.

Again, personally, I would NOT run any of those programs you say are for "defragmentation" None of those programs are designed for defragmentation, they are 3rd party utilities that are just going to needlessly scan your hard drive for crap that may or may not be there - they are unnecessary and I would not recommend running them. Not only are they not for designed for defragmentation, they are redundant, they all three supposedly do the same damn thing. Point being, don't install them, don't run them - that just my two cents, someone else may tell you differently, take it with a grain of salt.

read this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defragmentation so that you know what defragmentation is and have a better understanding of how it truly works.

Should you get a SATA3 card?! Probably not. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_ATA
SATA3 supports 600MB/s read/write speeds @ 6Gb/s.
SATA2 supports 300MB/s read/write speeds @ 3Gb/s.
That being stated, that is the theoretical limit of each type of connection. In a perfect world, with perfect conditions, you MIGHT get those kind of speeds. Not only that, but mechanical hard drives are NOT going to get even remotely close to the theoretical speeds of SATA2. The hard drive you have the average read/write speeds are: 156MB/s which is waaay lower than SATA2 and super lower than SATA3 specs. (see attached .pdf spec sheet, I have highlighted specs on your drive) A SSD (solid state drive) would come closer to the SATA3 specs for read/write speeds, for example the Samsung 840 EVO SSD has average read write speeds over 500MB/s.

So is this drive that much faster than your old drive? Not really, it has an 8GB nand flash memory cache onboard, which can improve speeds slightly, once windows has booted. The hard drive itself is smart enough to determine what files need to be placed into that cache, but it's still not going to make a big difference in the overall performance of the drive.

I hope my comments have helped. if you have further questions please post back. Take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-sshd-st2000dx001-is-too-slow.199472/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey all,

Just wondering if an external drive is dead based on this --

I have a Seagate FreeAgent Desk and last week when I plugged into computer after 6 months or so of no use, it wasn't recognized. LED lights didn't come on at all. So I thought it was a bad power supply. Switched that out but no luck. Tonight I transferred to a Dynex enclosure. Powers up but still nowhere on computer, not in device manager or disk management. Any other things to try or is the drive itself gone?

A:Opinion on whether Seagate FreeAgent External Dead

Sounds like the hdd isn't spinning up in either enclosure. if possible I would connect it to the enclosure & not completely reassemble, try it on your PC, and put your ear down on the top of the drive & listen, do you hear the motor spinning up?! if the drive is not spinning up, there isn't much you can do. if the data is valuable, then try a data recovery company - I have had excellent success with http://www.300dollardatarecovery.com/ if the data is not valuable then I'd replace the drive and toss that one out.

Post back, Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/opinion-on-whether-seagate-freeagent-external-dead.199055/
Relevancy 33.11%

There is a post here about the good old ADAPTEC 1205SA card. But the links in the article do not work. No difference between 1205 and 1210? I know 1210SA is an old card. But on the website of silicon image, chipset 3112 (3112A) has support for windows 7 64bit. I've tried the update utility provided by silicon image site. Be DOS mode, so is Windows. Does not recognize the card as being from Silicon Image. Looking at the card, I saw that the chipset BIOS supports. AM29LV010B-90EC. Does anyone know if there is a possibility of that? What right utility to use? Or if there is a 64-bit driver that works on that card? Thank you.

A:Adaptec 1210SA firmware Silicon Image?

Does anyone know?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adaptec-1210sa-firmware-silicon-image.197828/
Relevancy 24.08%

Networked for years in XP machines.

I read help files how to but, could not make it work.

My w8 win wxplorer list shows under Network the VISTA LAPTOP. When I click on it it asks for user name/password but, what name & password?.

I naver had any name/password for my networks.

Any body knows what does it refere to?

A:Failed to network w8, xp & vista

Hey nichos. Was a name and password used when this Win8 system was first set-up. When I first unpacked a WIN8 laptop, it threw me for a loop as it requires a username and password to unlock it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-network-w8-xp-vista.197366/
Relevancy 33.54%

Not sure if posting in the right place, but hope someone can help. I have a dlink dsl 2780 and a huawei hg533, I am wanting to put custom firmware on them both but not sure which one is best. after looking about I am all most sure they have broadcom chipsets in them. which dd-wrt says it will work on most broadcoms and also something called tomato. or will I be better using something else. thank you to anyone who offers advice.

A:Custom router firmware

Check the ddwrt compatibility list. If your router(s) are on that, then use ddwrt. I've ran it on 2 routers and been very pleased.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-router-firmware.194938/
Relevancy 18.06%

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?

A:How to update BIOS

astar master said:

I cannot know how the bios update so I need some help for the how the bios update.I want to install the newest driver but I can't figure out how the driver is in a .02 file and I can't make heads or tails of it can anyone help me?Click to expand...

please post the brand/model of your motherboard... I.e.: ecsg41-tm; intel dh55tc; asrock z77 extreme4

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-update-bios.192864/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello first all my native language is Dutch so sorry for any strange sentences I SSD firmware Updating Micron have problems with my computer Every hour roughly my computer freezes or restarts Every now and then I get a blue screen F When I get a blue screen my SSD is gone from Updating firmware Micron SSD the bios I get an error when starting up So I have to reset my bios to default standards where my SSD turns up again I read through the internet and saw that micron SSD s have problems which looks like mine I have a C -MTFDDAK MAM There is an update for the firmware but im unsure which one to install I tried Micron H SSDFirmwareUpdate Signed exe but that is a wrong one apparently cause I get an error when trying to update When starting up it says that GRLDR MBR cannot be found Luckily my pc still starts up but no update is done Im afraid to just try any other one I also read something about disabling Marvel raid and unplugging the other harddrive but my technical expertise is not that high I dont have raid Can someone help me please Thanks in advance Martin nbsp

A:Updating firmware Micron SSD

Ok first stupid mistake made. I started the updater from my data disk and not the SSD.

It did do "something" but at the end it said there was no SSD to upgrade...

What now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/updating-firmware-micron-ssd.192742/
Relevancy 18.06%

Do you have to update or change the Motherboard to update the processor?

I have a Pentium 4 processor 548, 3.33GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 533MHz front side bus. Can one "Plug and Play" so to speak with an updated processor to the same Motherboard?

A:Motherboard/Processor update

Your CPU socket is PPGA478, P4 is the highest CPU this socket will support.

Even with LGA775 CPU socket, unless you had a motherboard that would support quad core, there would be little reason to upgrade over a complete system replacement.

In answer to your question to "Plug and Play", yes and no. Yes CPU's are basically plug and play, and No the motherboard must support the CPU first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-processor-update.192561/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys, I've attempted a bios update through this website and I've been left with this sitting on my desktop for two days and the loading bar has not moved an inch.
I tried to update the BIOS because for the last few weeks when my computer is booting the screen would go blank and just stay blank and I would have to keep resetting until it would finally boot. I was hoping a bios update would do the trick otherwise I would not have bothered.

Im worried if I exit out or shut-down my computer I could corrupt my BIOS. Any ideas?..

A:Bios update help

I would exit and maybe try again. Thats the download phase which has nothing to do with the actual update process. The download will complete, before any attempts to update will begin. Updating the BIOS can be very risky, updating would never be handicapped by possible problems of downloading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-help.192433/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hellow guys again ,, hello the best website ever !!!
I jus wanna ask about something ,, Earlier I mentioned something about upgrading my processor to core 2 duo ,, now ive done that but when ever I start my computer ,, this msg shows up !
""" 1801 - microcode update Error
Missing or invalid processor microcode update. please contact hewlett-packard company for a new microcode update to support the new processor stepping """
Any help ?
HP compaq dx7300 microtower is my pc and Intel core 2 duo E4500 @2.20GHz is the new processor.
Many thanks in advance

A:Microcode update Error ?

Have you tried contacting HP concerning it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microcode-update-error.191974/
Relevancy 33.11%

Purchased a Seagate TB SATA- rpm MB however when I hook it up to my existing system it shows as MB in explorer but GB in BIOS Called Seagate tech he gave me an intel link to update my MOBO however as it isnt over GB the update is no help - he asked did I use the seatools programme and I had already run a quick scan whcih it passed Ive tried to format the drive to seatools it took hours and didnt change anything tried it in a new build im doing but wont allow me to install windows and stops at the initial loading windows files dos screen at the beginning again BIOS shows full capacity Mobo on running machine is ASUS M a GTD Pro -AM and New build has a ASRock GX extreme Seagate guy asked me to run full hour scan on the drive this evening using seatools and see what outcome is Anybody out there experianced similar problems nbsp

A:Seagate HDD 2TB showing as 38MB

What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-hdd-2tb-showing-as-38mb.191379/
Relevancy 17.2%

A few months ago I updated my MSI Z A-GD to the latest BIOS quot vP quot which is still the latest settings Z68A-GD55 update won't MSI overclocking changes allow to BIOS after version on MSI s website as of today Since updating to this version the UEFI BIOS screen is totally different the layout has been changed entirely I was able to find the overclocking settings quickly but since the update the board will not allow me to change many settings All CPU Memory chipset voltage adjustments CPU ratio adjustments bclock adjustments etc are all either greyed MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update out and cannot be selected at all or they are set to quot Auto quot and that is the only available option for them This is a solid overclocking motherboard from what I ve heard online and I m running a K series CPU k so I m really perplexed as to why I can t even adjust the supposedly unlocked CPU ratio on my k I USED to be able to use these settings before the BIOS flash Also I can t seem to find anyone online who s having a similar problem as me As it stands now the only overclocking I can do is with MSI s quot OC Genie II quot which basically automatically overclocks for me I think this is totally ridiculous why is MSI s automated tool allowed to touch these settings when I can t modify them manually Anyone have any idea what s going on My first thought was that maybe there is a setting somewhere in the BIOS that must be enabled first in order to open up the overclocking settings but I searched far and wide and couldn t find one Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:MSI Z68A-GD55 won't allow changes to overclocking settings after BIOS update

Yeah, I think there is a setting somewhere that is checked to auto. Try exploring all the tabs of the BIOS screen and report back if you find anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-z68a-gd55-wont-allow-changes-to-overclocking-settings-after-bios-update.191535/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have try many things but the result is still the same...
already tried restarting the computer.....switching off the modem....
when I disable it.. I cant enable it again.. and when I try to switch off the computer it got stuck at the saving setting or something like that.... even the hamachi network cant be disable... the internet connection was working great last nigh but when I woke up.. this thing shown up... I never adjust any system or add any program before shutting it down last night...
I also tried to go to control panel

ithe ethernet is still enable... I realy need help on this... the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problem...

A:LAN network conection failed

the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problemClick to expand...

Are you trying to get BOTH connected at the same time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-network-conection-failed.191371/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello! I'm new here at Tech Spot. This is a great website.

Where can I get a copy of the newest BIOS update for my motherboard?

Model: Asus P5GD1-VM Motherboard
Version: 0602
Chipset: I915
Date: 09/06/2005-16:48:11
Onboard Sound: Azalia (swa)
Onboard LAN: Exist (wl)
BIOS Size: 512 K
BIOS Type: AMI

I downloaded all BIOS .ROM files in the official website of Asus. But it weren't compatible with the BIOS to be flashed.

Please help me! Thank you very much in advanced!

A:Motherboard BIOS update

The latest BIOS for your board is version 1015. It's not necessary to load each BIOS in order, just load the latest. To load the BIOS you must copy it to a floppy disc and rename it P5GD1-VM.ROM If you didn't rename it, that's why it won't load. On the same Asus download page, you can get the user manual for your board, which goes into detail how to reflash the BIOS. It can render your motherboard un-bootable if you do it wrong, so I would read the manual before attempting it again, and follow instructions carefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-bios-update.191021/
Relevancy 20.64%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two years with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially I e C D E amp F The problem started with partition #83" attribute "1720-SMART failure failing? drive detects imminent hard failed: ... HDD error F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing?

The fundamentals still apply:

for every partition ?X?
chkdsk ?X? /f /r​
The /R will remap bad sectors in an effort to avoid future I/o errors.

a} fix all partitions
b} get the SMART data and save it for reverence (it will not be reset to zero by chkdsk)
c} view the SMART data every day
d} look for increasing statistics

PLAN on getting a new HDD asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83-failing.190152/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Fellows I have TOSHIBA GB HDD I made it external delayed showing External to 0MD size failed due errors write HDD HDD through a drive case and using it since few months for storing the data it has partitions Now External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors I have a problem with it A week before the drive started giving following errors when I was plugging it in to the system There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc this can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to it Delayed Write Failed I O Device Error Initially it was only reading two partitions after - days it only showed one partition not all data then now it is showing partition with zero data with zero mb total disk space It is asking to format each partition I am trying to open I tried to access the HDD from multiple systems XP VISTA SEVEN but same MB size showing up now every time How can I get the external HDD back to normal state without losing the data already there please help Thanks nbsp

A:External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Check the drives for errors as instructed in the link above^. This may take a few hours depending on the size of the drive. If this fails then we will resort to other options. After doing some research, it seems as if this error occurs a lot in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-showing-0md-size-due-to-delayed-write-failed-errors.189965/
Relevancy 33.11%

We have a Seagate 9SEAN3-500E that connects to the computer but wont open when we click on the drive. We can see it connects but nothing opens. Also when we plug it in, the computer freezes. How can we fix this please?

A:Seagate external HDD does not open

Is it a new drive? Also if it is a older drive have you tried another computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hdd-does-not-open.189298/
Relevancy 32.25%

Ok I have this HD that I put it in a laptop HD and it fit but says no bootable device. When I plug it into a usb port it wont even read it it makes a hum and turns off.

A:500GB Seagate portable hard drive

Was the hard drive previously working in the laptop before stopping working? Or did you try it in the laptop after it stopped working via USB?

A operating system needs to be installed on the hard drive for it to actually boot. If one isn't it will ask you to insert a bootable device in order to load an operating system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/500gb-seagate-portable-hard-drive.189705/
Relevancy 23.22%

My computer wiz of a brother moved across country! Im not a computer wiz but can follow instructions well! IF anyone would like to guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it! thank you!

He can get wireless signal, and at times access the internet for a few minutes, then he is booted again! My brother suggested we install Chrome for him, did so last night! Now I receive messages server cant be found, bc the DNS lookup failed!

A:Trouble getting father's computer online wirelessly! DNS look up failed!

It's not a browser issue - - it's the TCP settings

get a command prompt (btw which version of windows?)

enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

on your follow-up, attach the file myTCP.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-getting-fathers-computer-online-wirelessly-dns-look-up-failed.189000/
Relevancy 33.11%

My Seagate 1Tb hard drive has connected to my girlfriends pc and is recognised in 'devices and printers' and also in 'disk management', however I am unable to view it in 'my computer'. I have tried to rename it but the computer says the operation failed due to the disk management console not being up to date. I have restarted the computer and the disk manager but both have failed. The Seagate hard drive work perfectly fine on other computers but I can't work out why it doesn't on hers.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks kris

A:Seagate HD not recognized in my computer

What OS? Can you manually enter the drive letter in the address bar? (Get the letter from disk manager)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-hd-not-recognized-in-my-computer.188789/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi I m a new member I recently decided to build my first PC Parts were Asrock Z Extreme MoBo Intel i K - LGA DDR Single stick GB G-Skill GeForce GTX GD OC Seagate Barracuder SATA TB w PSU Now for the problem - BIOS error Extreme update Z77 4 Asrock I installed everything correctly and got to POST so I decided to follow most Internet forum instructions to update my BIOS so I did so over the Internet flash update from the AsRock BIOS setup The problems arose after trying to update it via the Internet Now the motherboard won t even get to POST or show any signs or working Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error on a monitor the fans for ten graphics card CPU and chassis all work the PSU is working fine But the Dr Debug is showing the status code which states in the description is that it is quot not used quot I don t know what to do iv taken out the graphics card and tried still the same disconnected everything except the socket and all pins are fine on the PCIe slots and RAM Any help would be appreciated ps I have a spare Gigabyte gt GB hanging round and was wondering if I can get the MoBo to work will it be worth sticking the in with the for any improvements however slight until I can afford another for SLI nbsp

A:Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error

"Now the motherboard won't even get to POST or show any signs or working on a monitor" You might be able to get the motherboard to respond by removing the battery for a few minutes. If not, the motherboard may need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-extreme-4-z77-bios-update-error.188524/
Relevancy 20.21%

My 1TB Western Digital external drive has failed. It's out of warranty so that's not an option. After much internet research and trying many "fixes" that didn't work, I moved on to getting it out of its enclosure. But I need help on what I do next to determine if its the USB port that failed or the drive itself. This is my main backup of all my data (I know my fault for not having a backup of my backup) so I really need to get the data off of it if possible. The sticker on the drive says: SATA / 32MB Cache. My only computer is an HP Pavilion laptop. I am a novice in terms of computer hardware but can follow directions and do "techy" things pretty well. Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-wd-external-drive-is-it-the-drive-or-the-usb-port.188620/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi guys I am looking to upgrade my graphics card this christmas and was looking at moving up to a http www amazon co uk Asus-GeForc update card needed Graphics help s computers amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - from a http www geforce com hardware Graphics card update help needed desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel My system specs are as follows Operating system Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United Graphics card update help needed Kingdom Installed System Model Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Elite CMT PC System Serial Number CZC XR Asset Tag CZC XR Chassis Serial Number CZC XR Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor gigahertz Intel Core i - kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Main Cirucit Board Board Hewlett-Packard Serial Number CZC XR Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Hewlett-Packard J v Controllers Intel R Desktop Workstation Server Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller Display NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter HP LA Monitor quot vis s n CN RZ September Bus Adaptors Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C Intel R Series C Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C D Multimedia NVIDIA High Definition Audio x Realtek High Definition Audio http h www hp com products quickspecs na na pdf lt Link to the user manual model is on the third page the Business PC I am currently using a GeForce Gt card which is quite old and struggles with performance on some games I am interested in the Asus GeForce TI but have no clue if it will even work in my machine I looked towards the manual for my pc and it suggested cards worse than I currently have and I want better performance not worse The manual says that I have x Full length PCI slots x PCI Express slot and x Full Length PCI Express x graphics The TI has according to amazon quot PCI Express amp PCI Express support quot and looking at the specifications of both on their respective websites the GT uses PCIE x and the GT TI uses PCIE Given that the GT is already working in a PCI Express slot is it safe to assume the would be compatible GT specs http www geforce co uk hardware desktop-gpus geforce-gt- -channel specifications GT TI specs http www asus com Graphics Cards NVIDIA Series ENGTX Ti DCII TOP DI GD specifications Would this card work and if not could you suggest a card similar in capability that would Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Graphics card update help needed

Yes that video card will work with your motherboard.

However, it may not be the best value for money compared to the current gen video cards on offer.

For example, the newer Nvidia GTX 660 is the same price as the 560 Ti and offers around 30% more performance. Alternatively, the AMD Radeon HD 7850 costs even less and still offers better performance than the 560 Ti. I would highly recommend you go with one of these (doesn't have to be that exact model of 660 or 7850).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-update-help-needed.188413/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello techspot, Basically I think ineed to update my BIOS in order to run call of duty black ops 2, but I Don't know.

Basically when I try to run the game, my pc freeze's then shuts down and says no signal detected, I've been looking all over the inet to try find a solution and came across a forum where people were having the same problem. (They're all using AMD) Alot of the people there said they contacted there motherboard supplier's and asked for a flash drive update or something? to update their BIOS. After doing this they said the game started to work.
Please help.

my motherboard is a N68-VS3 FX, If someone could link me to the correct update for it that would be grand. im on windows 7 if that helps

Lee.

P.S , Sorry I think I posted this in the wrong section

A:BIOS update?

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?cat=Download&os=BIOS&Model=N68-VS3 FX

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update.187629/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have recently bought an external Hard disk by Seagate of 1tb. Now I have a desktop as my home which has the hard disk capacity of 500 GB. The problem has started is that the moment I plug in the External disc it fails to load and do not auto run either, where as any other Capacity hard disk freely loads and auto runs by uitself. I dont understand why. Now again I run the same Disk (1TB) to other system of less capacity storage it runs smooth without any flaws, please suggest

Regards

A:My 1TB Seagate drive not readable

Try to download/install/run seagate discwizard from http://www.seagate.com/as/en/support/downloads/discwizard or seagate seatools for diagnostics from http://www.seagate.com/as/en/support/downloads/seatools

entertain the possibility of a failing usb port.
try to use other usb ports on the back of the motherboard and not the usb ports located in the front panel of your (desktop) computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-1tb-seagate-drive-not-readable.187523/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I recently purchased a new laptop a Dell Model N Windows home premium It s been about a week that DNS lookup failed I have been attempting to access the web I have successfully set up the wireless network I just added the existing network I have set up through my old laptop My task bar shows that I am connected to the internet using DNS lookup failed google chrome I receive the error message quot the DNS lookup failed quot And while using internet explorer I get quot The DNS server isn t responding quot All of my Wireless Network Connection Properties are set to obtain automatically I ve even tried disabling the IPV I know all these settings are correct because my old laptop is still connected and I am having no difficulty connecting to the internet I consider myself to be fairly computer savvy and this has left me puzzled and extremely frustrated Any help would be greatly appreciated This might be helpful- results from ipconfig from Dell not connecting to internet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Daisha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Sunday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -B -FD- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - E- - FC-B BF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FAF A- DA - CAA- -D DEA B D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c ebe f fff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c ebe f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Data from Dell computer that will connect Windows IP Configuration Host Name Daisha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Sunday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -B -FD- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physica... Read more

A:DNS lookup failed

Is this WiFi to your own router, or some public hotspot?
These look really good:

Code:

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Daisha-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : [B]Hybrid[/B]
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1701 802.11b/g/n
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 64-27-37-F2-85-05
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : [B]Yes[/B]
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
[COLOR=#ff0000]IPv4 Address.[/COLOR] . . . . . . . . . . : [B]192.168.0.12(Preferred)[/B]
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, October 14, 2012 3:23:34 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:42:06 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
[B]DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8[/B]
[B]8.8.4.4[/B]
[B]NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled[/B]
In Services, ensure DNS Client is Autostart and running.

These are the test you can run; get a command prompt, then
verify NIC is active ping 127.0.0.1
get your IPv4 Address and then ping it
run tracert 8.8.8.8

first line will be your router/gateway
second will be your ISP
... last should be 8.8.8.8
now test DNS with

nslookup 8.8.8.8
should return google=public-dns-a.google.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed.186215/
Relevancy 33.11%

Have a Seagate barracuda 7200.7 that when I try to connect to the computer it wont even power up the computer shuts down, did replace all cables and all the other drives in my computer work, I had to RMA a new power supply recently, which I think produced a surge and as a result I think the drives Surge protector is damaged can I replace the PCB board on it would this work as I need to recover data on this harddisk

any suggestions would be helpful

A:Seagate Barracuda 7200.7

Put that drive aside. Get the computer up and running, then try to recover any data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-barracuda-7200-7.186854/
Relevancy 28.81%

It is on a computer running XP SP Now it shows up in My Computer but with no statistics and I cannot open it The drive does not show up in Windows Disk Management I have gone thru the Seagate website s External Drive Trouble Shooter for WinDOWS xp as hard aborted worked a conversion expansion fine I until Seagate drive compressed to a drive well as contacting Seagate Support with no success I have tried Windows Format DOS Format Seatools for Windows HD LFF Low Level Format testdisk win and Disk Wizard with no success The drive showed up but they all reported failure in testing and or accessing the disk Seagate expansion hard drive worked fine until I aborted a conversion to a compressed drive Seatools for DOS sounds like it would do the trick but it didnotrecognizeeitherofmyexternaldrives theotheroneofwhichisworking Can anyone recommend a fix Seems to me that it is a software problem not a hardware problem so there should be a software solution I have very limited funds and Seagate expansion hard drive worked fine until I aborted a conversion to a compressed drive can t afford to replace the drive right now It is used as a backup drive so loss of the data on the drive is not an issue I ll just run another backup when the drive is restored to health My boot drive is not backed up on this drive so that is not a problem nbsp

A:Seagate expansion hard drive worked fine until I aborted a conversion to a compressed drive

Have you tried reinitializing the drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-expansion-hard-drive-worked-fine-until-i-aborted-a-conversion-to-a-compressed-drive.186634/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello,

I've got a problem. I can't seem to get the wireless working on 1 laptop. It used to work, but since I logged into another Wifi it doesn't work anymore.

It keeps giving the DNS lookup failed in Chrome.

I checked the DNS client, it's running. I renewed, released, did netsh resets.

IP and DNS are on automatic.

The only thing I can find it the logs is that the "Gateway" is empty.

EDIT:

On top of that it takes really long to acquire the network address. Then it gives a limited connectivity warning for 2 seconds, and then it says the connection was succesful and that the signal strength is excellent.

Go to this post scroll to the bottom, find the attachment

Save to your HD, rename by stripping off the .TXT

Now using an admin login, dbl-click that file to make the change - - reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed.186338/
Relevancy 18.06%

I noticed yesterday that HP was auto-updating wireless updates. After they had finished, my wireless capability was gone. There was a problem with my Intel Centrino N 1030 wireless driver, and have not been able to correct the problem. Also, when I try to restart it takes forever, and I get a notification when it finally does that there was a critical blue-screen error?
Please help!

A:Can't connect wirelessly after update

What version of Windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-wirelessly-after-update.185800/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi all I Acer update 8935g driver screen GPU blank after recently updated the driver for the Ati card in my laptop during the installation the screen had gone blank and has stayed that way ever since But first heres a back story I started having trouble with the laptop a few months ago when I assume the ati card had overheated and caused the screen to flicker this laptop comes with an Intel card also which you can switch to by pressing the power save button near the keyboard The intel card ran just fine and if I output the video through hdmi the ati card would work fine also Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update which led me to Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update believe that there maybe an issue with the screen Also if I kept pressing the power save button and switching between cards the ati card would eventually begin to work normally on the laptops screen I wanted to update my drivers today as they were a couple of years old I had trouble installing them in the past as there was a conflict between both gpu cards so I became frustrated and left it I used Ati s auto detect tool and it began to install the new drivers when the screen went blank I thought this was normal during a driver update but I left the laptop running and it stayed that way for over an hour So I turned the laptop off using the main power button Probably wasnt a good idea I imagine Now the screen just stays blank even if I try to switch to the intel card Any help on this issue will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update

It might be the inverter or the backlight for the LCD. Have you tried using the HDMI output on both cards if the Intel integrated supports HDMI out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-8935g-screen-blank-after-gpu-driver-update.184711/
Relevancy 31.39%

Have a external hard drive that was backed up on a macbook pro
using time machine. I try to take the files out that I put on a windows 7 PC
and it wont show up in My Computer.
But it does on device manager.
is there a problem with the external hardrive?

A:Seagate FreeAgent external hard drive not showing up on Windows?

It is likely formatted as Mac OS Extended (journaled), HFS+. Windows can't natively read that.

"I try to take the files out that I put on a windows 7 PC" is a confusing statement. If you want to read the files on the drive from 7, you can't without a 3rd party tool. If you are just wanting to put stuff on there from the PC and don't care about the Mac backup, then just format the drive. Do that through Disk Management in the Admin Tools control panel.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-freeagent-external-hard-drive-not-showing-up-on-windows.181241/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi there,

I have a Seagate 1TB External Hard drive not being detected after i switched the laptop off while downlading a software file on the hard drive, that i couldn't stop & after the laptop came back up it couldn't detect the HD. Tha power comes on on the HD & the disk spins as it has an adapter & the USB connected to the laptop. Sometimes the light stayed on & lately it only flickers. Tried it on another PC doesn't get detected. Plz some help would b great. Thanks.

A:Seagate 1TB external hard drive not detected

Maybe ?

I have had about 15 Externals in my time, every problem i had was the same one, the circuitboard came away from the hard drive, all i did was unscrewed the whol thing pushed it all back together tightly

Dont know if this will help with your problem....

also try to run chkdsk

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265 - Windows XP

http://www.w7forums.com/use-chkdsk-check-disk-t448.html -win 7

Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-1tb-external-hard-drive-not-detected.171691/
Relevancy 23.65%

My fan recently broke. So I simply jus popped another one on. The fan I replaced it with jus has red and black which is obv live and neg but the one I took out has red black and yellow any idea about the yellow ? The fan works great but CPU fan failed error keeps appearing then when I press F11 it says entering setup but still shuts down.any ideas about how to keep it running just to get into the settings and change the CPU fan settings. Would be grateful with any help. Thankyou.

A:Help needed to bypass the CPU fan failed error at startup

You bought the wrong type of fan. They aren't all the same. You should have bought a CPU fan but you have a case fan instead. The yellow wire goes to a sensor connection that controls the speed of the fan. The motherboard detects the missing connection and throws the error you saw. The solution is to buy the correct type of fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-to-bypass-the-cpu-fan-failed-error-at-startup.170008/
Relevancy 18.06%

so im deciding to upgrade my mobo that supports pci 2.0 I was wondering does 2.0 support 2.1 because im going to put a budget radeon card in it note this is not a gaming pc just a little upgrade

A:Mobo update

Yes, PCIE 2.0 will support a 2.1 card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-update.181796/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I m Redsuns and I have this Dell Inspiron Laptop I ve been getting the quot DNS lookup failed quot error message constantly while using Google Chrome Sometimes when refresh the webpage of Facebook or go to google homepage this problem always happen What method shall I use to DNS failed lookup solve it Any DNS lookup failed suggestions would be appreciated Thanks in advance Host DNS lookup failed Name Dell-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A - E- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - D- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address -F -A - E- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Lease Expires Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-DB- -A -BA-DB-AA-F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address A -BA-DB-AA-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CDD B - BA - -B -C A FD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BF ED - - - -B BFDA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - - -BFDD- BFD AA BC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A EC- C E- - FE - FC D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Do you know how to access your router to configure it? If you do, I would try adding 8.8.8.8 as a secondary DNS server in the DHCP settings. Let me know if you need help with this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed.181576/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello,

I'm trying to update the drivers on my Radeon x600 256MB graphics card with Windows XP 32 bit.

I downloaded the following file described as the ATI Catalyst Driver 10.2 (XP): download-euro <dot> oldapps <dot> com/ATI/10-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu.exe

On running this download, it has installed Catalyst Install Manager in C:\Program Files\ATI\CIM\Bin, but I have no idea what I need to do next!

Running Install Manager and following the steps through seems to do something, though looking at device manager, it doesn't look as though the driver has been updated (it's still version 8.162.0.0)...

Thanks in advance

A:Radeon x600 XP driver update

Try the WDM Integrated Driver here :

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownlo...px?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-x600-xp-driver-update.179750/
Relevancy 35.26%

I was running Win XP which finally failed and I was able to enter in safe mode (only, no networking) and ran all the tests I could think of. Hard drive is ok and so I attempted to repair WinXP from the installation CD. However, the PC failed to shut down and restart so I eventually force closed it. Now it won't even load past the initial black windows screen, don't even get the option of going into safe mode.

Is there any way I (or someone) could access the hard drive to retrieve the data? I guess I could reinstall the OS but don't want to do that yet as I'll definitely lose the data.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Win XP failed, repair failed -- can I access hard drive?

Sure, there are many ways. Depending on what you want in the end decides how to proceed.

If you have a lot of space free on the drive, you could boot off a linux dvd and create a new partition. You'd have to shrink the existing, then make a new one. Then you could just copy over the data from the old one to the new one. Then reinstall windows onto the old partition, and copy your stuff back (then delete the partition and expand the remaining to fill the rest of the space).

You can also just boot off a linux disk and copy it to a thumb drive or whatever.

Or you could remove the hard drive and place it in another computer.

Also, I'm not convinced you lose the data if you install Windows again. I'm pretty sure you can install without formatting the drive. Your programs won't work, but it shouldn't overwrite any of your data. This is a non-ideal solution though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-xp-failed-repair-failed-can-i-access-hard-drive.179446/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello, i am using a seagate 1TB harddisk. When i connect it to usb port in front panel of my CPU, the computer is not detecting it.

But When i connect it to usb port in back panel of my cpu, It works fine. My system detects the hard disk and and everything is fine. How to correct this strange problem

Note : my Pen drive and other USB things works fine in all the ports in both front panel and back panel.
Please help me.each and Every time when i want to connect my hard disk, I have to take my CPU out from its shelf and connect it in the back usb port. Its tideous for me.

A:Seagate external hard disk not detected in front panel USB port

Well not exactly knowing what type of a computer we are talking about here, I can only say, that what your are reporting is completely normal. Most computers I've ever touched have passive styled USB ports on the front of the computer, and aggressive USB ports off the back that can handle just about anything you can hook up to it.

So stop trying to connect that external hard drive off the front, not enough power and not enough data exchange rates. I would recommend that if you have all your USB ports off the back of the computer taken, I would start thinking seriously about an "amplified" 4 port USB HUB. Remember the HUB your looking for has it's own power source, and does not relying on the computer at all for it's power.

The following one is a good one, a friend of mine got her's about a month ago and has not yet reported any problems.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...+-+Network+/+USB+/+Firewire-_-Syba-_-17801083

Hope this all helps....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-external-hard-disk-not-detected-in-front-panel-usb-port.178676/
Relevancy 23.22%

To start I left my laptop off for two days while away on vacation I return home and attempt to load it and receive the windows error message quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause quot I am left with options to boot start windows boot manager to load windows normally When I try option at the bottom of screen there s a bar that says loading windows file and then the screen goes to a black screen with an arrow never to load--even after a substantial amount of time hours When I try option it goes to the windows logo screen for a couple of minutes and then returns to the error message screen I have a Toshiba Satellite L -S Windows bit My year warranty on the laptop just ended less than a month ago and when contacting Toshiba they note this Upon a minute conversation I was told that the harddrive crashed and needs to be replaced as well as windows OS I just don t understand what could have happened because prior to leaving for vacation L655 start failed Windows Toshiba Satellite to - windows was functioning no problem My laptop is not making any weird sounds I just want to be sure their solution is necessary or is there any other solutions I could try before dishing out for this computer Also know any strategies getting around out of date warranty when right outside within weeks of the warranty period nbsp

A:Windows failed to start - Toshiba Satellite L655

I don't know if you got this settled, but it sounds like the hard drive might be okay if you can re-format and re-load Windows fresh

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-failed-to-start-toshiba-satellite-l655.175786/
Relevancy 33.11%

My External HD won't show up in My Computer anymore.

It does not show in device manager or disk manager to even assign a letter path to it

I've Tried these steps and still no luck
- restarting computer
- refreshing content of my computer
- un plug and re plug
- device manager settings
- disk manager settings

in my device manager i see this under Disk Drives:
ST3320620AS ATA Device (working properly)

Disk manager errors -

Base System Device PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_028A1028&REV_12\4&B4D00C5&0&32F0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E24&SUBSYS_028A1028&REV_03\3&11583659&0&18 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Don't think either of these are it.
Can it just be dead? the green lights show its on and i believe is working

A:External Seagate HD won't be recognized

The green lights don't mean anything more than 5 volts is being supplied to the drive, but the drive can still be bad or corrupted... You must back up important data to non-volatile media like CD, DVD or Blu-Ray discs, and not rely on mechanical devices like hard disk drives or even solid state media

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-seagate-hd-wont-be-recognized.173015/
Relevancy 23.65%

I attempted to promote a member server to be a BDC in a single server domain It seemed to complete successfully but later I found that it did not I now have multiple issues with the server I see the following in Event Viewer In the system log I am receiving SAM errors In the Directory Service log I am receiving NTDS Replication errors that full synchronization did not occur In the DNS Server log I am receiving Event id stating that the DNS BDC Issues a a had server failed 2000 DCPromo that with server is unable to open the Active Directory In File Replication I am receiving a error Apparently the SYSVOL cannot be created I do see that the user database did come over from the PDC however I am also receiving messages that I cannot create new Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo user objects until the BDC can sync with the PDC I am researching all this stuff but not really knowing where to begin I have tried to DEMOTE the failing BDC but since it cannot attach to the Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo DNS server the ip address of the PDC the demotion fails too Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated Greg nbsp

A:Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837932

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-a-2000-server-bdc-that-had-a-failed-dcpromo.172227/
Relevancy 17.2%

I am very very frustrated since I waited a while to get this motherboard from china. My last DFI board randomly died on me and I ordered this as a replacement because I wanted a decent 775 board. I worked on it all night tonight and despite it reading all the hardware... it will not boot unless I reset the cmos every time. On top of that... I can not get the bios to update... it doesn't read any of the 5 usb drives I tried (fat/fat32). Also I tend to get this grey screen when trying to flash it sometimes. I am beside myself at this point after fussing with it for hours on end and I really need some help.

A:Asus P5E3 BIOS won't update and needs CMOS reset to boot every time

Sounds like either the BIOS is corrupted or the motherboard battery is a goner.

Have you tried burning the new BIOS to a bootable CD ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5e3-bios-wont-update-and-needs-cmos-reset-to-boot-every-time.171511/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I use Windows DNS lookup failed, continuously -bit as my OS I just moved into DNS lookup failed, continuously a new apartment got the internet installed and was using it for days or so Suddenly it was taking much longer to load sites then it would just show a quot dns lookup failed etc quot message This happens regardless of browser used chrome opera firefox IE Strange thing is that the internet connection is still very strong and my service is mb s so I still download torrents at speeds of mb s It just can t seem to manage more than one thing For instance while downloading a torrent even at speeds of just kb DNS lookup failed, continuously s if i try to check out websites the DNS message will usually show up again by the nd opened page It s pretty much like this all the time though I ve used Hijack this malwarebytes and avg free version to get rid of whatever malicious thing might DNS lookup failed, continuously be in my comp but no success so far Any suggestions would be great BTW I m a completely newb so explicit instructions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:DNS lookup failed, continuously

get a command prompt window (start->run->cmd)
enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTcp.txt

open the myTcp.txt file, copy all the data <ctl>c
and follow-up to this thread, pasting the data.

PLEASE describe your Internet setup

ISP name?
connection type? {dial-up, DSL, Cable, Satellite}

Brand name and model of your modem? _____ your router _____?

Are you using a wired or wifi connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed-continuously.170666/
Relevancy 21.07%

My m-in-l s computer crashed so I brought it message ATI everyone! Control to Panel Error Hello "The initialize..." failed to my house to reinstall everything for her I am almost to the point of setting it back up at her house but I am still having a couple of problems Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." I ve searched and searched for all three but nothing has worked yet so I thought I Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." would post on here I noticed a yellow circle with a quot quot in the middle of the yellow circle under device manager of her Display adapters Video Controller VGA Compatible quot In the system tray it says quot Found New Hardware ATI Radeon Xpress Series quot So I went to Gateway website to get the specific drivers for my M-in-law s GT e Os XP and their was a chip driver for the ATI Radeon Xpress Series so I downloaded it amp extracted the files into Cabs like the instructions said to and now I am getting the error message quot Severe - Setup was unable Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." to complete the installation Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot So I closed that window and a new window popped up saying quot The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed or ATI driver is not working properly The ATI Control Panel will now exit quot Any suggestions would be appreciated to how amp where do I fix this nbsp

A:Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..."

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

The subforum you posted in is for new member introductions only, so I have moved your thread to the relevant forum so others can best assist you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hello-everyone-error-message-the-ati-control-panel-failed-to-initialize.170409/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am looking for a way to bring an old IBM desktop machine that I built Into more sutible working conditions. Does any one have any Ideas on how I can update the innerds of my computer?
I know this very vauge but I dont have the computer with me now and am looking to stock up on what I need (Info and parts) Before I get back to it.
\Thanks?

A:Best way to update graphics on five-year-old IBM desktop

We heed to know the components you have before we can recommend upgrades. What is the IBM model number - or better a link to the IBM spec list for it - and what new components did you put in?

Also, what is your budget and how do you use the PC?

For a starter on learning about video card upgrades, I recommend this site:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/

Pay particular attention to the criteria page that addresses system constraints in the upgrade process - and helps you define your wants and needs in a way that is useful:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/criteria.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-update-graphics-on-five-year-old-ibm-desktop.169271/
Relevancy 31.39%

I m running Windows XP Pro with SP amp current updates I have a Seagate drive on Seagate takes Chkdsk to 10 hours 500GB complete GB SATA hard drive that has been replaced times now I bought Chkdsk takes 10 hours to complete on 500GB Seagate drive a brand new Seagate drive It had problems so I had it replaced under the Seagate warranty amp they sent me a refurbished drive That drive went bad amp I had Chkdsk takes 10 hours to complete on 500GB Seagate drive that one replaced with another refurb drive amp so forth I m on my rd drive in this system I use it in my recording studio Digital Audio Workstation DAW to record audio amp MIDI It seems to run fine for a while then it starts making crackling amp popping noises so I defrag it then I run quot chkdsk c f r quot amp let that run when my system reboots Right now it has been running for more than hours amp it s only of the way through stage of so I m not sure how much longer it s going to take to Chkdsk takes 10 hours to complete on 500GB Seagate drive complete I ve run chkdsk before on previous drives in this system amp it can take up to hours to complete I ve tried swapping out the cables amp changing the SATA ports amp power connectors amp none of that seems to help Sometimes my system will just crash amp I come in in the morning to find my system sitting at a boot prompt amp telling me it can t find the boot drive I go into the BIOS amp have to reset the boot drive setup or sometimes I have to power the system off open it up amp pull the power amp SATA cables off amp reseat them Before I sent the Seagate drive back to Seagate the last time I cloned the drive to a Hitachi amp ran that in my system for the weeks it took to get my drive back The Hitachi seemed to have no problems at all but that was only weeks of running Since the Seagate is refurbished amp under warranty I would like to keep using that drive BUT I don t want to lose my data amp it s been a HUGE waste of my time to keep replacing the drive amp cloning it amp so forth Does anyone have any ideas of what else I can try to troubleshoot the problems I m having with this drive I d like to see if I can get some firm answer on if it s the system that it s in that s causing problem or if it truly just the crappy Seagate drive When it gets done running chkdsk IF it ever gets done I think I ll clone it again to make sure I have a recent copy of the drive then I ll try running SeaTools on it to see if that will fix it Does anyone have suggestions on free software that I can use that might be able to fix problems that chkdsk misses or even something that does the same thing as chkdsk only does it more quickly amp efficiently Does anyone know if it s dangerous to cancel chkdsk before it s finished Will that mess up my drive or leave something partially fixed I know it s not a good idea to cancel defrag before it s complete Does anyone know if there s anything like quot If it takes longer that x amount of hours it s not really doing any good quot or something nbsp

A:Chkdsk takes 10 hours to complete on 500GB Seagate drive

so I defrag it, then I run "chkdsk c: /f /r" & let that run when my system reboots.Click to expand...

OUCH! that's the wrong sequence;

a) fix all errors eg chkdsk c: /f /r

[ b) delete temps with cleanmgr ]

c) now run defrag

running defrag w/o first getting the filesystem fixed (chkdsk c: /f /r), you can scramble good data into bad blocks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chkdsk-takes-10-hours-to-complete-on-500gb-seagate-drive.168434/
Relevancy 32.25%

Dear all,
My 500 Gb seagate external hard disk is not getting detected by Win Xp. It is detecting as USB mass storage but not displaying in My computer. In Computer management too it is not displayed. It is showing 2 TB, unallocated empty space in laptop. There is a lot of data regarding my R & D. Please help me to fix this problem.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-tb-unallocated-empty-500-gb-seagate-hard-disk.168422/
Relevancy 18.06%

After doing some research...(I feel fairly stupid) I have figured out that a Ati Radeon Hd 5400 Series graphics card, is not the best for gaming. I got this PC for Christmas from iBuypower. Here are my specs:

CPU AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU Speed 3.00 Ghz
Motherboard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co.
Motherboard Model GA-770T-USB3
Ram 4 Gigabytes
Power Supply MaxPower PX-480 (480w)

And I am from the US.
Thx to cfitzarl for the guide to opening a new thread.
BTW I play games like WOW and Rift soon to be Magicka.

Relevancy 18.06%

Planning to upgrade my graphic card here are the current specs :

Intel C2D 2.8 Ghz
4 GB DDR2 RAM
Intel DG31 PR
250 GB HDD

Currently using Nvidia 8400 GS.Max monitor resolution is 1400x900 but will be upgrading to a bigger monitor in a few months.
Will also upgrade psu for the new card budget is around 150$ excluding the psu cost but am willing to extend or reduce the budget.Need the card to play games at higher settings.Please suggest a good card for me Thanks.

A:Graphic card update

Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-520 520W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-update.166962/
Relevancy 31.82%

Have joined to see if i can get some assistance noticed others have done this with success I have a seagate TB expansion Hard Drive which was firstly coming up with I O error and now the computer doesnt even register that its connected dispite connection noises from the drive itself on usb connection I have read through various topics and forums and carried out a number of the checks and processes to run through but still without success I have tried this on other laptops and issue is exactly the same I have another Buffulo expansion drive which is working fine in all USB ports The system is windows Vista and upgraded to service showing Seagate hard on not expansion computers drive pack I have cleaned up existing USB drivers on system also When disk management is opened the system doesnt read the drive is connected There is no excessive noises coming from drive but lights on and small amount of heat is given off Needing help as i use drive to back up important photos and files dont want them lost Can anyone help please nbsp

A:Seagate expansion hard drive not showing on computers

Sounds like the drive has failed as you had been getting warning signs with the I/O errors and now it has stopped working. There is a possibility that it is just the circuitry in the housing so you may be able to get it going again with a new housing. You could first test the drive by removing it from the housing and hooking it up to the internal connections of a desktop PC or by using a USB adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seagate-expansion-hard-drive-not-showing-on-computers.166721/
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope this hasn t been asked already I searched for similar questions but there are a vast number of topics already posted that I don t think I even scratched the surface This is the second time I ve recieved a notification update? Recommend BIOS from Dell Support Center with the recommendation to update my BIOS I didn t do it the first time because I had no idea what I was doing and Recommend BIOS update? knew that messing with your BIOS could cause some serious problems This time I figure I will ask the experts first This is the message I am getting quot BIOS UPDATE AVAILABLE There is a critical new BIOS update available This critical BIOS update will fix problems or add features to the computer Recommend BIOS update? s BIOS It is strongly recommended to update to this latest BIOS quot Short sweet and to the point My question is whether or not it seems like a good idea to go ahead and do the update Recommend BIOS update? In regards to BIOS updates I ve been told quot if it ain t broke don t fix it quot but if the update will speed things up or have some benefit I m interested Also if it does seem like a good thing to do how do I go about it so I don t end up with a paper weight Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Recommend BIOS update?

I would agree with your final comment, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". But, on the other hand if Dell are pushing this recommendation then it may have some benefits, just make certain it is coming from Dell and not some bogus site. Go to the official Dell support site and look up your PC's drivers, it will show you in there what the latest version the Bios is, just check it against what you have. Go into Bios at boot and it will be written at the top of the screen.

http://support.dell.com/support/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~ck=bt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-bios-update.165610/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello on update Can't my Asus UL30VT! driver graphics I m not sure this belongs in this forum section so if it doesn t please don t bite my head off All right so about a month ago the laptop I used to game with broke because of a water accident Thus I cannot get it repaired for free and my poor little student budget can t afford a repair So now I Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! m using my tiny UL VT to game with until Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT! I can get hold of someone who can repair my dear laptop for something cheaper than what the store I bought it at charges for it - And it has been coping surprisngly fine considering that it isn t a laptop meant for that But yesterday I ran into a problem where I am forced to update my graphics driver to be able to play on decent graphics in most of my games So I downloaded the newest driver from nvidia and everything was fine until it told me that it couldn t install because it couldn t find the hardware itself I got told that s because of the option to switch betweens graphics Intel GMA X MHD and NVIDIA GeForce G M in my UL VT and thus I need to get a special driver from ASUS But that driver s nowhere to be found So are anyone here able to tell me where I can find the driver I need It really annoys me to have to play on the lowest graphics possible just because of a stupid driver problem THanks in advance nbsp

A:Can't update my graphics driver on Asus UL30VT!

ASUS driver

Been to the ASUS driver download page, BUT it was blank at first try, so forced it to reload the page;
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
There are 2 drivers listed for your UL30VT, 1) is a patch , (V1.0.0.1)@116KB, and
2) nVidia graphic driver, (V8.15.11.8688)@ 97MB.
These are for Windows 7. Hope this is what you meant.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-update-my-graphics-driver-on-asus-ul30vt.161462/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello Motherboard GA- VT P Combo rev x Current CPU Intel Pentium D GHz Target CPU Intel Core Quad ghz m a Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTS RAM x Corsair DDR GB OS Windows -bit Hard Drive gb Seagate Power Supply Antec Earthwatts W Max Hello i am about to lose it So i have the configuration as stated and i am trying to update the bios so that an intel core quad ghz m a works because that particular processor is listed on the cpu support list for my motherboard however to without BIOS Need floppy update when i try to use it i get a blank screen on startup no bios no nothing I narrowed it down to the bios because i also tried an intel core duo ghz m and had the same problem blank screen on startup and no bios So thats why at the moment i have a pentium d in Need to update BIOS without floppy because it worked so i figured since the core quad is on the support list but isnt working i should update the bios i downloaded the latest version FD and tried to run the exe from my desktop of windows but got the error quot This system Need to update BIOS without floppy does not support fullscreen mode Choose Close to terminate Need to update BIOS without floppy the application quot Fine so i noticed qflash in the bios area and realised thats the method of my current bios and went into it by pressing delete to enter setup then F for qflash Options were keep DMI data Enable with the option to disable I don t know what DMI data is save bios to floppy or update bios from floppy So I grab a floppy drive and plug it in one that I know is working from trying it on another pc The floppy drive doesn t work it doesn t register a floppy drive nor in windows or in qflash Turns out my input connecter for floppy seems to be busted on my motherboard Reason I think this is because I tried my power supply plugged into the floppy drive then the floppy ide into another pc s motherboard input and turned them on at the same time and I got the green light on the floppy drive working which means it s the input on my motherboard not my power supply nor the cable It seems the only way to update the bios is via floppy I tried putting the files onto a DVD and booting it but it didn t read any files as bootable I tried a usb but the only option in qflash is floppy AND THE MOTHERBOARD FLOPPY CONNECTER IS BUSTED I cant seem to do anything without it What do I do Is there another way of updating my bios I NEED to have support for a core quad Why does my floppy input not work Its just one problem after another Do such faults warrant repair from gigabyte Could a usb floppy be an option Would my primitive bios see a usb floppy as a floppy nbsp

A:Need to update BIOS without floppy

You didn't read the support list properly. The Core 2 Quad or Core 2 Duo processors are not supported. See here: http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=1937 The N/A in the "Since BIOS Version" column means not supported. See the red note in the upper left of the page?

So you are wasting your time trying to update the BIOS. There's no point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-update-bios-without-floppy.164518/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi fellow service unknown status start failed or the Connection to dependency group computer junkies I can see a multitude of difficulties have been overcome by your group effort I hope you ve got another fix up your sleeves My laptop is years old HP COMPAQ C Notebook PC Vista Home Premium purchased with Intel Pentium Dual CPU T Ghz GB RAM bit OS My internet connection is normally T-Mobile USB Internet card Also connect WiFi with built in card Local Disk C NTFS GB Free GB Presario RP Disk D GB Free GB Pc tools spyware doctor w Antivirus Malwarebytes The first indication of a problem began with announcement that new Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start hardware had been found Knowing that I had installed nothing I blocked the new hardware attempt to connect Next day I found I could not reach the internet using T-mobile Among other things Windows Defender and Firewall were not operating I got a message quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to System Event Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start Notification Service This problem prevents limited users from logon on to the system As an administrator user you can review the system Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot Of course upon investigating I found I could not open Event Notification log Normally at a time like this I would reach for System Restore But I was informed no restore points were available With help from Brother-in-law Larry and using desktop with the T-mobile connection I was able to get online to find the fix to the problem I started in Safe Mode Clicked start search cmd right click ran as administrator typed quot netsh winsock reset quot enter and restarted Also ran sfc scannow That got rid of that problem Was then able to see Event Notification log But now new error quot Connection status unknown The dependency group failed to start quot I right clicked on that message got option to Diagnose and Repair Got message Network Diagnostics cannot run because Diagnostics Policy service is not running Clicked to open Service Control Manager SCM is in Management Console This opened Local Services which shows full pages of application descriptions status startup type and log on as I found Diagnostic Policy Service Properties set to startup automatic but service status is stopped I clicked start result was Error Access is denied Many other items are in same state When start attempted on some other applications Error was received also Some applications gave Error quot The dependency service or group failed to start I don t know if this is important but After being allowed to view Event Notification Log I looked at Security log which had as earliest date that was days ago Today the earliest date is I noticed several entries throughout from oldest to newest dates the entries were quot Special Logon quot with Special Privileges assigned to new logon On the oldest one it seemed to be given privileges which included among others I can t remember assign Primary token privilege Security Privilege Audit Privilege take ownership privilege TCB privilege load driver privilege backup privilege restore privilege debug privilege system environment privilege and Impersonate Privilege That s it for now bout all I know Send help please Bill Ellison nbsp

A:Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start

Shot in the Dark

Have you tried running MalwareBytes in safe mode? Do you have an antivirus on your computer? Sometimes Virus' know MBAM so you may want to change the name of the program before you run it.

My Computer Lady

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-status-unknown-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.164058/
Relevancy 18.06%

Ok so I have a custom build PC. I have a Asus P5K motherboard. I have upgraded to Windows 7 due to vista sucking *** lmao. But the only problem with that is, my motherboard is not compatable with Windows 7. I keep getting the BSOD because i need to update my BIOS. What can I do to fix this..." BECIDES GOING BACK TO VISTA"

A:I can't update my BIOS

Have you tried using the Asus "EZ Flash 2" utility? Here is ASUS download page for your motherboard:
ASUS P5K

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-update-my-bios.163688/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey has anyone ever heard of this I have a Dell laptop that told me it needed to update my video drivers so I did and all hell broke loose I couldn t issues 1536 Studio Dell after HD update run AVG everything was bogged down and it took FOREVER to open folders or files I tried restore it but all restores points were gone and I tried using Dell CDs to restore the HD put it keep failing I finally had to pull the drive out and hook it by USB to another system also running AVG and scanned it It said I had only two virii both Win Heur in Dell Studio 1536 HD issues after update the updated ATI drivers After it scanned I used AVG on the desktop computer to quarantine the files and heal them It told me it couldn t because they longer existed Then when I tried to look at the contents of that partition it was blank When I put it back in the laptop it tried to boot but fails saying no bootable media exists Now multiple errors are popping up with other hardware on the system I hooked it back up to the desktop and I can still see the drive but no files Any clues on what I ve done I posted in the virus and malware forum but they said it looked like a windows issue Any suggestions would be most appreciated TD Sorry I can t give any log files but they re just vanished nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 HD issues after update

You will probably have to purchase a Dell restore disc for your model laptop and do a fresh install of Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-hd-issues-after-update.162700/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi i need to update my BIOS but i cant find the update anywhere as Packard Bell dont have it on there site as its an older system.
Specs are:
Packard Bell BV IMEDIA MC 2569 PB34330401
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD W7301VP2.025 10/13/2006
Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 (build 7601)
System Serial Number: 127381660309
Chassis Serial Number: 50424E
Enclosure Type: Desktop
1.87 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Board: Packard Bell BV Cuba MS-7301 1.0
Bus Clock: 266 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD W7301VP2.025 10/13/2006

Listed as much as i can to help someone help me, as i need this update badly.
Thanks in advance
Joe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/imedia-bios-update-help.161852/
Relevancy 33.54%

hello,

I have this router getnet.com.tw/products_GR-124W.html and the firmware in there is in .img file - but it looks that my router dont know how to use it and I found somewhere that it want a .bin filre

now I have problem that it supports LAN (cable) like before but it cant connect to internet

how to get right firmware or fix this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getnet-router-firmware.161468/
Relevancy 33.97%

hello
my usb is a usb of kingmax.it fail firmware and i don't know fix this error,
can someone help me fix this problem ?
thank you very much.

A:Firmware for USB fail

Hi, I personally don't understand you problems exacty..
What is the that device? is a flash or something else.
Does it say "FIRMWARE FAIL" or you just came up with you own error?
Reply that then we will see how to help you...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firmware-for-usb-fail.160733/
Relevancy 28.81%

Ok, so here it is. I have a Seagate Barracuda 750GB external HD that hums off and on, but doesn't seem to spin the drive.

I have looked all over for information on this, and found pretty much nothing in the way of humming except one sound clip...

My hard drive was literally tapped by a book from about 6 inches up. It was on the floor, and didn't even tip. However, it was on at the time.

Now, when I plug it in, it gives a literal rhythmic hum. "Hum (pause, pause, pause) Hum etc) and the computer isn't recognizing it.

Can anyone give me a suggestion? If necessary I will record it and upload the sound. Is this fixable by someone other than a clean room tech (so I'm not stuck paying 700 dollars or more)

Thanks

Soulman1015

A:My Seagate HD "hums", and it doesn't spin, nor can be read by the computer..

If it's not spinning up then it's probably not something you can repair yourself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-seagate-hd-hums-and-it-doesnt-spin-nor-can-be-read-by-the-computer.160376/
Relevancy 32.68%

OK, So i have an 1.5 External seagate drive that up until now has been running great, the main thing i keep on it is media which i access through a USB 2 connection. as of 2 days ago the drive has been acting funny in the middle of a playback it starts seeking or searching which is the best way that i can describe this. basically the media locks for a second the drive clicks like its searching and then the media restarts a few seconds later. The audio generally keeps going but the video hags during this time. I ran SEAtools looking for drive errors, defraged it, and ran a virus check on the drive to see if maybe i picked up a bug, nothing, i have also updated all my video and audio drivers, and by the time you read this probably the drives drivers also.

Any Ideas?

A:External Seagate drive keeps seeking

Kind of sounds like it might be indexing or something, is the indexing service disabled for the drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-seagate-drive-keeps-seeking.159641/
Relevancy 23.65%

Bit of a weird problem i try to send a file to my computer less than about 300kb it transfers fine any larger it fails. I try sending it through MyPhoneExplorer, it transfers all of it but my point is I some times need files from other people not just my own phone. Any ideas? I am on windows 7 home premieum 64 bit i do have a uknown device listed as "bluetooth peripheral device" with that yellow triangle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-file-transfer-failed.159627/
Relevancy 24.51%

My Seasonic S12 E+ 650W PSU failed suddenly this morning without warning with smoke sending the UPS into overload mode. After removing the supply and plugging into wall outlet it blew the circuit breaker as soon as I turned it on. It's two years old with a five year warranty.

1. Anyone had this happen?
2. What are the possibilities of damage to devices connected to the output?
3. Anyone dealt with the Seasonic RMA system? What is the turn around time?

A:Seasonic PSU failed big

I've never had a PSU bigger than 430 watts, and never had one go up in smoke. Since that's just my individual experience, I can't adequately answer for "anyone". Sorry

There's at least a 50/50 chance of the board or such being damaged, since what you're describing is a catastrophic failure. I'm sure that a big Seasonic PSU has circuit protection in place, just hope it didn't either break, or fail to kick in in time. And we're both aware that you won't know until you substitute another PSU anyway. A rhetorical question maybe?

This is a wild guess, but it would likely take at least a month round trip for an adjustment under warranty. Part of that is dependent on if you're shipping coast to coast, or fifty miles away. That could add, up to six days to the total.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seasonic-psu-failed-big.158716/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi to all (and happy new year!)

I want to buy a 2.5" external drive, but as you can imagine i don't know which one.
I have already opened a thread like this in tom's hardware:

[ I can't post the link due to rules, please google username gouzou in tomshardware to find the thread ]

but i wanted more like a debate on this matter.

The competitors are:
1) WD my passport Elite 5400rpm, 750gb
2) Seagate Goflex Pro 7200rpm, 500gb
3) Samsung S2 HX-MTA64DA, 7200rpm(i think..), 640gb

WD and Seagate come in same price, Samsung $20 more.
Please consider rpms, density of data, reliability and only usb3.0 or esata for your verdict.

I mainly want the drive to have high write rate.

A:Western Digital vs Seagate vs Samsung External 2.5"

Well for the start all those have preloaded software on them, if you like them or no thats up to you (for backing up your media).

the Seagate Goflex Pr haves some nice features, but only if you have a device to use it, ill say its between the WD and the Samsung, obviusly the Samsung will be faster but the WD haves 90Gigs more,its up to you if you want more speed or those 90Gigs more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/western-digital-vs-seagate-vs-samsung-external-2-5.159325/
Relevancy 18.06%

I purchased a new computer an Acer last August so it is about months old My computer runs Windows Vista I recently tried installing a program How update I sound do my card? and could not get it to run on my computer I sent my dxdiag file to the tech support and they told me that I most likely needed to update my sound card since it is from March I attempted through the windows update screen to find updates and I also have tried to update drivers through the quot find updated drivers quot that is on my computer and both of those options tell me that my drivers sound card are up to date However it is still possible that I can download something from the manufacturer website I have a Realtek soundcard but the only way to download updates is to know what model I have The way they reccommend to do that is to unscrew the computer and look on the soundcard itself The problem is that we have a very compact model and I would prefer not to go fishing around in such How do I update my sound card? a small space Is there a way to find the model of my sound card some other way When I clicked on information about my sound card it says RTKVHDA sys Any information you can provide would be helpful I actually doubt that updating my sound card will make the program work but I want to be able to tell tech support that I did it and it didn t work It isn t the sound of the program that s not working When I click on the program it opens but there is a dialog box with it that says quot Guitar Praise stopped working quot so nothing opens at all I would think if it were the sound card I would be able to have the program open but without sound Thanks Kendra nbsp

A:How do I update my sound card?

you shouldn't ever need to physically upgrade to a better sound card unless you're looking for better quality sound. having said that sound cards are not typically the cause of programs that refuse to install. not sure why they told you to get it replaced as it is probably built in to the motherboard. it sounds to me like the software may be incompatible with the drivers or direct x may need updating.

one quick way to determine your sound card is to download Piriform's Speccy, which will display all of the computer's hardware information. just click on "audio" and check the first section which will have a list of sound cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-update-my-sound-card.159072/
Relevancy 23.65%

Ok so his power turned off randomly in his house because of some faulty kitchen appliance.

His computer started in safe mode and he thought it was broken so he started messing with services/startup.

Now he has no internet because in the network connections folder it says windows can't display any adapters and he doesn't know what he's done.

His internet in the house is still working because he has access on his blackberry it's just purely the access on his computer.

I'm nowhere near him and I'm on W7 not XP like he is and I can't really fix his problem but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what he might have done?

In services I told him to check that Network Connections 'Netman' service was on but don't know what else to say.

Thanks for any help you can provide guys!

A:Friend's Internet failed - possible setting in Windows?

Try System Restore to a point before the power problem. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the old LAN/NIC driver through Add or Remove Programs and installing a fresh new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/friends-internet-failed-possible-setting-in-windows.158972/