Windows Support Forum

Wifi Network Adaptor disappearing - HW or SW? How to fix?

Q: Wifi Network Adaptor disappearing - HW or SW? How to fix?

Hi I'm having wifi problems with my lappy but I can't figure-out Wifi HW Network or How disappearing - Adaptor fix? to SW? whether it is hardware or software There is evidence to suggest that recent versions of Windows have been causing wifi problems If the problem is with Windows and they are going to fix it then I can stop worrying about trying to fix the hardware I am travelling abroad and it is near-impossible to find expertise parts tools Gory Details System Levono Yoga Pro laptop Intel Core i - U GB RAM Windows bit I have been using Windows since it came out without any problems I Wifi Network Adaptor disappearing - HW or SW? How to fix? have been keeping it updated Precursor to this problem On th November mid-session apropos of nothing my wifi stopped seeing the wifi network it was connected to or Wifi Network Adaptor disappearing - HW or SW? How to fix? any other wifi networks Wifi Network Adaptor disappearing - HW or SW? How to fix? My phone could see plenty This was evidenced in the Taskbar Action centre Settings dialogs of the PC The Windows version was upto date at the time but downloading the next week's Microsoft Patch Tuesday updates th Nov fixed the problem System working AOK Yay MS update KB quot Addressed issue with the system tray showing no Wi-Fi connection even when Wi-Fi is present quot System fixed - I made a system-restore point The quot fix quot held for hours then a new more severe problem started occurring 'the current problem' Current problem After to hours of normal troublefree operation the PC stops seeing the wifi entirely Any menu options associated with wifi networking disappear entirely The Device Manager can no longer see the Network Adapter Intel Wireless-N or its driver software That statement is somewhat summmarised - see Note at the bottom of this post for more details None of the Events in Event Viewer explain the disappearing Network Adapter If I do a whole system restore back to my restore point then everything is fine-and-dandy for a few hours then the Network Adapter disappears again along with any chance of seeing any wifi controls System Restore consistently fixes it for a few hours Then the Network adapter consistently disappears again - - - So is that hardware or software One might think it is temperture overheating related but the problem also once occurred overnight when the PC was switched off it was fine when I went to bed and switched it off but was 'broken' when I switched it on again in the morning One might think it is Virus related but everything shows-up clean in MBAM and Avast If it is a hardware problem why would a system restore to a point a few days ago fix it I'm thinking hoping that the problem is caused by recent versions of Windows f g below But I can't find examples of other people suffering If it is caused by the OS how does one inform Microsoft about it I don't want to join the 'Insiders Community' Any ideas TIA ----------------------------------------- p s I have done as much diagnostics as possible - gory details here Note the text quot Result FAIL quot means that after a few hours of normal operation AOK the Intel Wireless-N Network Adapter can suddenly not be detected and any wifi activity option becomes unavailable Restart doesn't help Restoring the system to a previous state fixes the problem for a few hours Scenarios a-e all have the wifi switched on and connected to a wifi network a System status up-to-date at Nov Result FAIL b System status reverted to a Restore Point made in OCTOBER Result FAIL c System status up-to-date at Nov Updated Network Adapter DRIVER to a newer version found by Device Manager but not listed in the manufacturer's website's list of drivers Result FAIL d System status reverted to a Restore Point made in AUGUST Retained old NA driver Downloaded and applied November th MS Updates and updated Browser Firefox Version and Virus definitions Result FAIL e System status reverted to a Restore Point made in August Retained old NA driver Update Browser Firefox Version and Virus definitions but DID NOT download apply November th MS Update Result RUNS FINE FOR THE HOURS UNTIL MS FORCES THE LATEST MS OS UPDATES TO BE APPLIED then runs OK for a few hours then FAILs Scenarios f-g have the wifi switched OFF or switched on but not connected to a wifi network so that Automatic Updates can't be forced onto the computer f System status reverted to a Restore Point made in August Wifi switched OFF Result RUNS FINE FOR THE hours I tested it i e the Network Adapter appears to be fine as reported by the Device Manager g follows on from f Wifi now switched ON but options set to quot forget quot known wifi networks so wifi is ON and polling nearby networks but is not connected to any of them Result RUNS FINE FOR THE hours I have so far tested it i e the Network Adapter appears to be fine as reported by the Device Manager Conclusion f and g seem to suggest that the problem arises from later current versions of Windows But this is inconclusive because in scenario f the wifi card is not being used and and g it isn't being used for sending receiving internet traffic N B I am abroad and using my hotel's wifi network s to try and use the internet I have no control over the network itself ---------------------- Note When I say quot The device manager can no longer see the Network Adapter quot - this is a summary of what happens - infact it seems to go through separate stages normal operation - everything AOK The PC reports it is still seeing the wifi connnection that it is was connected to but is seeing no other wifi networks The wifi network it connected to can no longer send receive any data The Device Manager shows a yellow warning triangle on Network adapters gt Intel Wireless-N and 'Properties' shows quot No drivers are installed for this device quot a The Device Manager shows a yellow warning triangle on Network adapters gt Intel Wireless-N and Properties shows quot This device cannot start Code This device does not exist quot or b Device Manager Network adapters gt doesn't show Intel Wireless-N at all A few minutes pass between each step through the stages occurring Other apps running on the PC e g mp player freeze up for a couple of seconds when each stage changes to the next

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69699-wifi-network-adaptor-disappearing-hw-sw-how-fix.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi Network Adaptor disappearing - HW or SW? How to fix?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 102.34%

Hi nbsp I'm having wifi problems with my Yoga Pro's wifi but I can't figure-out whether it is hardware or software nbsp There is evidence to suggest that recent versions of Windows have been causing wifi problems If the problem is with Windows and they are going to fix it then I can stop worrying about trying to fix the hardware I am travelling abroad and it is near-impossible to find expertise parts tools and out of warranty Gory Details System Levono Yoga Pro laptop Intel Core i - U GB RAM Windows bit I have been using Windows since it came out without any problems I have been keeping it updated nbsp Precursor to this problem On th November apropos of nothing my wifi stopped seeing the wifi network it was connected to or any other wifi networks My phone could see plenty This was evident in the Taskbar Action centre Settings dialogs of the PC The Windows version was upto date at the time but downloading the next week's Microsoft Patch Tuesday updates th Nov fixed the problem System working AOK Yay MS update KB Addressed issue with the system tray showing no Wi-Fi connection even Y2P Software wifi Network or... Adaptor Disappearing when Wi-Fi is present nbsp System fixed Disappearing wifi Network Adaptor Y2P Software or... - I made a system-restore point nbsp The fix held for hours then a new more severe problem started occurring 'the current problem' Current problem After to hours of normal troublefree operation the PC stops seeing the wifi entirely Any menu options associated with wifi networking disappear entirely The Device Manager can no longer see the Network Adapter Intel Wireless-N or its driver software That statement is somewhat summmarised - see Note at the bottom of this post for more details nbsp I can't see any Events in Event Viewer which would explain the disappearing Network Adapter nbsp If I do a whole system restore back to my restore point then everything is fine-and-dandy for a few hours then the Network Adapter disappears again nbsp System Restore consistently fixes it for a few hours Then the Network adapter consistently disappears again nbsp - - -So is that hardware or software nbsp One might think it is temperture overheating related but the problem also once occurred overnight when the PC was switched off it was fine when I went to bed and switched it off but was 'broken' when I switched it on again in the morning nbsp One might think it is Virus related but everything shows-up clean in MBAM and Avast nbsp If it is a hardware problem why would a system restore to a point a few days ago fix it nbsp I'm thinking hoping that the problem is caused by recent versions of Windows f g below But I can't see examples of other people suffering nbsp If it is caused by the OS how does one inform Microsoft about it I don't want to join their 'Insiders Community' Any ideas nbsp TIA-----------------------------------------p s I have done as much diagnostics as possible - gory details here nbsp Note the text Result FAIL means that after a few hours of normal operation AOK the Intel Wireless-N Network Adapter can suddenly not be detected and any wifi activity option becomes unavailable Restart doesn't help Restoring the system to a previous state fixes the problem for a few hours Scenarios a-e all have the wifi switched on and connected to a wifi network nbsp a System status up-to-date at Nov Result FAIL nbsp b System status reverted to a Restore Point made in OCTOBER Result FAIL nbsp c System status up-to-date at Nov Updated Network Adapter DRIVER to a newer version found by Device Manager May but is not listed in the Levono' list of drivers Result FAIL nbsp d System status reverted to a Restore Point made in AUGUST Retained old NA driver Downloaded and applied November th MS Updates and updated Browser Firefox Version and Virus definitions Result FAIL nbsp e System status reverted to a Restore Point made in August Retained old NA driver Update Browser Firefox Version and Virus definitions but DID NOT download apply... Read more

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Disappearing-wifi-Network-Adaptor-Y2P-Software-or-Hardware-Alone/td-p/3480051
Relevancy 73.96%

HIMy HP250G3NOTEBOOK network adaptor won't connect to our home WiFi but other devices can still connect. I have tried disabling and enabling the network adaptor, making sure air plane mode is off, refreshing the PC, restarting the router and troubleshooting the network adaptor. I have also followed the steps on the HP network and troubleshooting. The WiFi can only connect if I plug in an Ethernet cable, but it is very inconvenient.  Thanks,Vanesia.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-adaptor-not-connecting-to-wifi/td-p/5794022
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi All I am No Network Issues WIFI and Adaptor new here as well as No WIFI and Network Adaptor Issues a novice to Windows Here is my story- My Network card is showing up in the Device Manager but has an exclamation mark through it I update the driver thinking that was the issue and the update would not install also effecting the other network Adaptor so Wifi does not work well for the computer that is I ve tried EVERYTHING Friends have downloaded this and that to no avail Also having issues No WIFI and Network Adaptor Issues with NVDIA GeForce not updating or cooperating says it failed on the quot back end quot Let me get some other info here is what No WIFI and Network Adaptor Issues I have so far- Thank you in advance- I will post a few other specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Benicia Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled From System Information- Conflicts I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF Intel R G G P Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - C I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce GT IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A Memory Address xCFF - xCFFFFFFF Intel R ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xCFF - xCFFFFFFF ViXS PureTV-U B NTSC ATSC Combo IRQ Intel R G G P Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - C IRQ NVIDIA GeForce GT IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ PCIe Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP IRQ Intel R ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - IRQ ViXS PureTV-U B NTSC ATSC Combo Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF Intel R G G P Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - C Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce GT IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C IRQ Intel R ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E GBE NIC IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R ICH R ICH R ICH R DO SATA RAID Controller Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Intel R G G P Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - C Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce GT I O Port x B - x BB Intel R G G P Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - C I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce GT Memory Address xFA - xFEAFFFFF Intel R G G P Express Chipset PCI Express Root Port - C Memory Address xFA - xFEAFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce GT nbsp

A:No WIFI and Network Adaptor Issues

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., BeniciaClick to expand...

You appear to have a HP/Compaq brand computer.

What model name and model number is it?

What's the part/product number(P/N) on it?

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wifi-and-network-adaptor-issues.1142784/
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a b590 running under windows 7 ultimate that defies every attempt to enable the Broadcom 802 11n network adaptor.  Device manager shows it as fully functioning.  Any attempt to connect & enable it through network and sharing fails, and I cannot alter the power management settings within the properties screen of the device. Can anybody help with this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Cannot-enable-internal-network-wifi-adaptor-on-b590/td-p/3456954
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi All,

Got a problem with the above wifi device. This is pci-e. Downloaded the 64 bit vista driver from the abit website (tried all three mirrors!) and the driver and piece of software install fine. But then the software won't recognise that the card exists ('could not find abit airpace wifi network adaptor' error) and vista says it cannot find a suitable driver. The device just shows as 'unknown device' in device manager and wants to reinstall driver. Has anyone else had this problem with this card and how did they resolve it, if at all?

Best regards,

Chris Lloyd

A:abit airpace wifi network adaptor and vista 64

I've had the same problem and completely turning off the computer has helped. The air pace card seems to still have power even when the computer is turned off so you'l have to completely unplug the power supply and wait about 5 minutes.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/83415-abit-airpace-wifi-network-adaptor-vista-64-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

I've been using a Ethernet cable to connect to my computer for a while since it gave me a faster connection then wifi but I also use the Ethernet cable for other devices after a while I swap them I still could connect to wifi on my computer after a month pass I swapped it and I notice that my wifi is not connecting I have check it and it was nothing but a empty list I have searched the web for a solution for this problem but none of the solution worked I can no longer get wifi and I have no idea how to fix it I tried to update the network adaptor but nothing happened after all this manually connect to a wireless network gone missing and as wireless to Help 10 a and missing adaptor missing connect manually Windows network wifi well as my Wifi Network adaptor the only thing that showing in my network connection is quot Help Windows 10 manually connect to a wireless network missing and wifi adaptor missing Ethernet Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS quot and quot LogMeIn Hamachi Virtual Ethernet Adapter quot those are the only things showing please help Also I had my computer for years and my computer had a built in Wifi adaptor or so

A:Help Windows 10 manually connect to a wireless network missing and wifi adaptor missing

Hi welcome to Windows Central! Here's a link from MS that might help. If you need more help, please join the forum and start a thread! https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-get-connected Join the Windows Central Community!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444647-help-windows-10-manually-connect-wireless-network-missing-wifi-adaptor-missing.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have windows vista home premium on a toshiba satellite L I have had problems with the wireless facilty at first it wouldn t recognise wireless disappearing adaptor the signal Then after I disabled ipv the wireless connection worked again albeit with occassional needs to restart the computer to regain the connection Now the problem seems to be more serious - the computer thinks it doesn t have a disappearing wireless adaptor wireless adaptor installed In the device manager only a realtek ethernet adapter appears now which wasn t the case before I have restored my computer at a point before this happened but the problem remains It first happened after I disabled the connection in the network window in order to try to get a connection again I enabled it and it said it was enabled in the box that appears saying enabling but then it didn t appear enabled in the main explorer window I restarted the computer and since then I apparently don t have an adaptor Does anyone understand why this might have happened Many thanks for your time nbsp

A:disappearing wireless adaptor

What is the brand and model of the wireless adapter?

From the symptoms my first guess is that the adapter is loose. Or is failing or failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disappearing-wireless-adaptor.674013/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, wifi is not connected properly. Network connection list is visible but try connect means,thrown error as unable to connect. After troubleshooting i am getting the below error message "Problem with wireless adaptor or access point".  Please suggest me to resolve the issue.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-is-not-connected-after-installed-ralink-wifi-adaptor/td-p/5677670
Relevancy 62.35%

Just purchased new sony cybershot camera (dsc -w115), which takes great pics.

Now here comes the doh...part !!

The memory stick fits into my laptop (advent 5302), as did my previous sd cards ( a lot bigger) from my older Kodak digi camera, a little bit sticks out for me to retieve, but when I tried to show a friend my photos by slotting the memory stick into the side of her laptop
( 2 years old), it disappeared and I ended up with a pair of surgical tweezers doing a very tricky operation to get it back. Luckily, no damage to my stick or her laptop.
So is this where the memory stick pro duo ADAPTOR comes in ?,do I insert my stick into adaptor first for using with older laptops etc, or am I completely off the mark here.

Have looked on Sony website etc but not sure what this piece of equipment is for

A:Solved: Disappearing memory stick pro duo and adaptor ??

need2know said:

So is this where the memory stick pro duo ADAPTOR comes in ?,do I insert my stick into adaptor first for using with older laptops etc, or am I completely off the mark here. Click to expand...

Yes, that is correct

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-disappearing-memory-stick-pro-duo-and-adaptor.834010/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey so at my apartment complex all I have is wifi available, there seems to be a ethernet port on the wall downstairs but I dont think it works. I was thinking of getting a Wifi to Ethernet adapter but I do not know if that actually will make it so my connection is stable and doesnt get affected by people streaming etc. I notice that it says it would pick up wifi and then I could use my ethernet to connect it to my computer. I don't really understand how all this works. I would like some help figuring out what to do. I can always try that port. or is there something I can plug into that port that would give me a stable connection? I'm running out of ideas. Anything helps. Thanks!

A:I only have wifi available at my apartment. will using a wifi to ethernet adaptor help?

you can do that with some devices
BUT I do not think it will make any difference to your issues , as its still using the wireless signal

it will get affected by people streaming

in the LAN connection , have you tried plugging a cable into a laptop ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-only-have-wifi-available-at-my-apartment-will-using-a-wifi-to-ethernet-adaptor-help.1154064/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Dell Latitude D610 Laptop. I recently installed a new hard drive which came with Windows XP Professional installed on it . When I boot up it says New Hardware found and opens up Device Manager. It shows a PCI device and asks me to install the driver . I have tried letting the Hardware Device Manager find the software, downloaded the latest driver from the Dell Support website and tried to install it manually but Device Manager cant find any software that will work. Now when I open Device Manager there are 2 PCI adaptors shown doth with big yellow ? by them.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi! I currently connect to the internet through a router with a wired connection. I'm thinking of setting up a wifi connection, since I got a deal on a new router that has wifi capabilities. I've been looking at wifi adaptors, and the usb type is a lot cheaper. However, most of them seem to be made for laptops. Is there a usb wifi adaptor for a desktop computer? If so, what's a good recommendation for one? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 57.62%

Ok so I want to hook my Toshiba laptop to the TV so I can do whatever with it in the living room.

Now there are two ways I can see one is a HDMI cable - bit messy and I really don't like having cables draped across the floor etc
The other I saw a You Tube clip on a plug in box for the TV so that I can use the laptop to the TV. However this fellow said it was "a box" - well not being Einstein or a clairvoyant I have no idea what these devices are called and hunting through my local suppliers listings I cannot find what this device is so can someone please tell me what exactly is it called??

The only concern is security of course so will my laptop signal be picked up by others close by if so I am not real sure about using this method.

A:WiFi TV adaptor

It could be a "Slingbox" or a "Boxee-Box"

That's all I can think of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310357-wifi-tv-adaptor.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I need to move my windows 10 desktop away from the router and need to use an USB WiFi adaptor to connect to the internet. I have an older Belkin F5D8053 but It wont download the drivers. Win10 recognises it but cant set it up. The latest Drivers on the Belkin Web Site are the same as I have.

First, Is there a way around this to get it working?

Second, If not can anyone recommend a USB Wifi Adapter that does work with Win10

Thanks
Anotheroldgit

A:USB WiFi adaptor

Ah yes, the famous Windows 10 USB WIFI adaptor driver issue. You could try unzipping the drivers and from device manager selecting "have disk" and pointing to the inf file. But I have my doubts for success from posts like this:

F5D8053N - Windows 10 - Belkin Community

I currently have a desktop MB that has wifi on the chip and this solved my USB wifi problems once and for all. You can check this thread when I had a similar problem (post 15).
Solved USB Wi-Fi adapter not showing on tray - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

The D Link DWA-182 firmware C worked for me in Windows 10. You have to make sure you have the revision C model (not A). However, even with that there were issues. Windows 10 recognized it as the realtek (chip) drivers. To get the D link drivers showing up (and working) in Windows 10 I had to extract the drivers and point to them in device manager. Then they installed and I didn't have disconnect issues after that (well, most of the time).

You could try this D Link one but make sure your store has a return policy just in case. Otherwise I would suggest a search on all the adaptor manufacturers (Asus, etc) to see if their model actually has a Windows 10 driver to download. If they don't, good possibility there will be an issue.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67026-usb-wifi-adaptor.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello
I have just bought a new USB Laptone Wifi Adaptor to use with a Zoostorm Desktop PC. running Windows XP. However when I plug in the device the screen goes blank and the PC keeps cycling through its boot process and will not complete. Is the device faulty
Thanks Ed

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi
I am using windows 8. My Intel wifi utility software doesn't found my network adaptor. But other than that the wifi just working fine. When I used windows 7 I didn't had this problem. Any solutions?

A:Wifi adaptor not found

Quote: Originally Posted by firetrix

Hi
I am using windows 8. My Intel wifi utility software doesn't found my network adaptor. But other than that the wifi just working fine. When I used windows 7 I didn't had this problem. Any solutions?

You mean your wifi software (not windows built-in utility) cannot find you wifi network?

Have you tried using the built-in utility?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/219317-wifi-adaptor-not-found.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, My wifi adaptor suddenly stopped working, but I can connect to internet with Ethernet cable.
Replaced wifi adaptor but still cannot to internet with same.............any ideas?
Regards,
John P.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58307-wifi-adaptor-problem.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a netgear A6200 wifi adaptore which seems to disconnect itself at complete random. The lights signal that it is still working and my desktop shows that I am connected but I cannot use the internet. After disconnecting and reconnecting the usb it fixes itself temporarily.

Sometime the internet stays on and sometimes I will have to disconnect and reconnect the adaptor every time I want to visit a website.

Any help would be great

Relevancy 57.19%

G'day , I purchased a wireless usb adaptor for my desktop, to that I could connect my smartphone without a usb cable, but even though I installed the disc and plugged in the adaptor , it says its disconnected, no signal strength link quality , heres a screen shot... hopefully someone can help... this is my first post,

A:wirless wifi adaptor ????

Hmm, what is your goal and what phone?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/303271-wirless-wifi-adaptor.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Can someone explain to me the diff between a TNC and SMA connector in a wifi antenna? A company has asked that I change out all of their wifi access points with new linksys AP's they purchased. The current AP's have a antenna connected with a cable. The cable looks similar to a standard COAX cable, but smaller. The connector is also smaller.

When I remove the standard antenna from the linksys, the plug is too large for the current cable.

I belive that I need a TNC to SMA adaptor, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know? Also, can the connectors be purchased at a hardware/electronics store, or is online the best place?

A:Wifi Antenna (TNC vs SMA Adaptor)

This is the TNC connector.

Here's the SMA Connector.

Note the subsection for the SMA specification that specifies the Reverse SMA, which is commonly used for most WiFi equipment antennas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-antenna-tnc-vs-sma-adaptor.820511/
Relevancy 56.33%

My newly installed Windows 7 will not recognise my WiFi USB adaptor unless I unplug it and re-connect it. It then works fine. The drivers appear up-to-date. How can I get Windows 7 to recognise it automatically when I first switch on. Thanks.

A:WiFi adaptor not recognised by Windows 7

Check the settings in Device Manager and disable ANY power saving features of the adapter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adaptor-not-recognised-by-windows-7.875866/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 and am 'a newbie.'
I have followed the directions on setting up the Virtual Wifi but have an error. Is there anyway to erase what I have done and start all over again?
Keeping in mind: will starting over reset the text box so it is editable?

Thank you,
Ral32

A:Virtual Wifi Adaptor issue

Your LAN connection may be disabling the Wireless, hence the problem. Open Wireless Network Connection (the one on the right) and go into Properties - Configure - Advanced - see any options that would disable Wireless when LAN is connected.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374597-virtual-wifi-adaptor-issue.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I upgarded my HP2000 Windows 7 laptop to Windows 10. My Wifi has stopped working. I have Realtek rtl8188ce 802.11b/g/n wifi adapter on this machine. Is this wifi adapter compatible with Windows 10? What are my options? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Adaptor-not-working-after-upgrade-to-Win-10/td-p/5703575
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, I think I have a hardware problem with my wifi adaptor and can I have a way to fix it? my warranty has expired. ========I have a yoga pro 2 for less than 2 years I think. (SN:YB05217756) Yesterday, the wifi adaptor suddenly disapper, i cannot connect to internet and the wifi device is not available in the device manager any more. I try to reset the PC and also update to the latest interl wireless wlan software from lenovo website.  It doesn't help at all. The win10 also report ethernet 2 not connected.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-pro-2-wifi-adaptor-not-available-in-device-manager/td-p/3315835
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

computer has some issues with the wifi adaptor. If i install it, and set windows to control it, at some point, after "connecting" for >5 mins, it reports: "Connected"... kinda ridiculous, because if i punch in ipconfig /all in the console, it does not show this adaptor's IP settings at all. If I change the IP setting thourgh the properties window, it prompts me to reboot. After the reboot, the settings are not applied!

However, in the device manager, it shows the device and it says it's working fine.

USB driverupdate did not solve the problem, I can't find a bios update any more... any better ideas? PLEASE?

A:Trendnet USB WiFi Adaptor not recognized

Windows Vista?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trendnet-usb-wifi-adaptor-not-recognized.99948/
Relevancy 56.33%

I tried enabling my wifi adapter but it says enabling then enabled but is still disabled.

Pls Help.

Relevancy 56.33%

I have a T61 7665-AC2 with an Intel wifi link 4965 adaptor.  Since I installed windows 8.1, the laptop boots with limited internet connectivity.  I have to run the network diagnostics which resets the adaptor and it is fine.  Until the next time I boot the laptop.  I have driver version 13.4.0.139.  Windows says it is the latest one, but I found 14.03 on the Lenovo site...except it isn't for windows 8 and it won't install and says Access is Denied (but I am the admin on the PC).  I tried the Intel site but it says my adaptor is no longer supported.   Any ideas?  Thanks!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:WiFi Adaptor problems with Windows 8.1

Intel 4965AGN is not supported in Windows 8. I have the same issue, except my connectivity is fine but I get random BSOD's involving 'netwlv64.sys'. If you search Google for 'netwlv64.sys windows 8' you'll find tons of people with the same issue. In my case, it's even worse now in 8.1 than it was in Win 8. I've read that some people have had success installing the Vista driver, but also that this creates other (reliability) issues. Your best bet is simply to purchase a new wifi card. I ordered an atheros card from eBay a couple of weeks ago, but haven't received it yet. Note that if you do purchase a new, non Lenovo approved, wifi card, you will first have to install the Middleton BIOS to remove the "Whitelist".

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/WiFi-Adaptor-problems-with-Windows-8-1/td-p/1314715
Relevancy 56.33%

I have always connected to the internet via a external USB WiFi adapter. Now I need to connect to the one that is built in to my mother board. I went to Device Manager and Enabled it, but it isn't discovered. Do I need to do something else.

And when I connect to it, finally, how do I make sure its a 'private' network and not public.

Thanks in advance for any help.

TRS

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53770-how-do-connect-built-wifi-adaptor.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Alright so I have a laptop however I am unable to use its current wifi card for my wifi reciever booster I am making. So I needed a usb connector. I got the RNX-EasyN1. When I first got it I installed the driver off the disk. However I was still unable to get the device to detect any networks or for that matter enable itself in the network connections screen. So I went to their site and got the latest driver. Still did not work. I spent a few hours searching google, reinstalling restarting, and in general doing anything that seemed like the normal procedure when I cant get something to work. Yet here I sit with a wireless adaptor that every one else on google says works perfectly fine, and it wont work for me. Help please.

A:RNX-EasyN1 Wifi Adaptor wont work.

you can try to manually put the network info in.

or it sounds like you got a defective card you may want to return it and get a new one

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/182131-rnx-easyn1-wifi-adaptor-wont-work.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hTech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M Mb Motherboard TOSHIBA NWQAA Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I am using a Toshiba Satellite A - miniport Microsoft virtual wifi adaptor S I Microsoft virtual wifi miniport adaptor am able to connect to the internet with WiFi I just cant use my laptop for a hot spot I was able to before then all of a sudden I just couldn t When I go to the device manager there is a yellow triangle at the Microsoft virtual WiFi miniport adapter when I click on it the reason is a code failed to start I ran Mr Fix it and I found out there is a driver problem I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it is the same thing I have gone to the Toshiba website and the Microsoft website and can t find a driver for it I think it is part of Windows but the computer came preloaded so I don t have a disk Also in the device mgr under hidden devices non plug and play there is a yellow triangle at hlnfd the status is This device is not present is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed Code the status is stopped and the start up type is system Please please help me Here is the results from the MGA Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -X GV-V DCV-P K Windows Product Key Hash aU z fnhnLHmhBm qYZT E s Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID F -D F- - D D- DD D Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt F -D F- - D D- DD D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -P K lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt TOSHIBA lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Satellite A lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt TOSHIBA lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt C A FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Pacific Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt WN lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

Hey peoples, wondering if you can give me a hand with this?

The audio on my Surface 3 is making an annoying af crackling sound but only when my WiFi adaptor is enabled. When it's disabled audio is chill but I can't stream without WiFi (obvi)

Anyone know what to do?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69424-crackling-audio-when-wifi-adaptor-enabled.html
Relevancy 55.9%

nbsp I purchased a HP Stream notebook laptop last week and for the working? Wifi 11 adaptor stopped Stream HP last week have been very happy with it its pink but HP Stream 11 Wifi adaptor stopped working? earlier tonight a problem has occurred and now I cant use it nbsp I was half way through watching a programme paused it for ten minutes went back to watch it and HP Stream 11 Wifi adaptor stopped working? it was no longer connected to the internet the internet access symbol has an X in a red circle above it nbsp I cant connect to or search for any wireless networks nbsp I have ran diagnostics and it came back saying no problems found but it is a problem and a major one nbsp It seems that the wifi driver has disappered When I go to 'turn wireless devices on and off' it only has the options for either flight mode and Wireless devices bluetooth I have searched to try and find what the problem is and apparently there should be a wifi option here to nbsp Please help me I dont know what to do

A:HP Stream 11 Wifi adaptor stopped working?

* My computer installed some updates a few hours earlier, not sure if this has caused the problem? but as I said it was working fine since then. The operating system (that came with it) is Windows bing 8.1I did not update to windows 10 yet.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Stream-11-Wifi-adaptor-stopped-working/td-p/5682922
Relevancy 55.9%

I've just installed a wireless PCI adaptor (Tenda W322P 11N) in my desktop PC but I can't 'enable' it - every time I double click it starts to enable then stops and leaves it disabled with no warning or error messages.

The system is definitely seeing it as it's listed in Device Manager, and if I bring up Network Connections (using ncpa.cpl) it's listed and shown as disabled. Why would windows stop it from being enabled??

I've tried downloading new drivers from the manufacturers site in case the drivers on the disk were old - no difference. I uninstalled it and removed the drivers and then re-booted so windows would use it's own drivers - no difference.

It seems the system has a problem with it, but surely ONE of the drivers would work if it was a driver problem?

A:Windows wont let me enable wifi adaptor

the software driver on their site is up to version 4.
If you are running on the driver off the disk it may be problematic.
W322P 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172398-windows-wont-let-me-enable-wifi-adaptor.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I have recently been having problems trying to get a GHz hotspot up and running with windows with the latest Anniversary Update I need it because I live in student accommodation and have no control over my Wifi which is slow and unreliable however the internet from the wall is pretty good and my Hotspot 5GHz Windows Adaptor Wifi for 10 pc is on pretty much anyway It really needs to be on the GHz band as there are too many other things on GHz that drastically effect performance I have bought two Wifi Adaptors The first one was a Mediatek RT AC which worked perfectly fine using the Mediatek Wifi Adaptor for 5GHz Hotspot Windows 10 Driver until the anniversary update now it won't work at all not even for wifi device manager just says the device is not working properly I have tried many many drivers and am pretty confident that it just isn't compatible with Wifi Adaptor for 5GHz Hotspot Windows 10 the latest build of Windows at least without a Wifi Adaptor for 5GHz Hotspot Windows 10 driver update which is unlikely Next I bought a TP-Link Archer UH AC Not expecting any issues from a big and reputable company and was going to use the Soft-AP feature only to find that doesn't work at all in windows or at least the current build the adaptor works just fine for Wifi but that's not my intended use for it I then found out that Windows Anniversary comes with the functionality to create a GHz Wifi Hotspot built in but non of my reasonably popular adaptors work with it or through their own software so my question is what adaptors actually will work reliably with this feature Most Wifi adaptors seem to have very little support from both Microsoft and the manufactures and there aren't really any models I can find that are not just refreshes of old hardware Really don't want to take a gamble on a third adaptor Thanks in advanced

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/wifi-adaptor-for-5ghz-hotspot-windows-10-a-1166961.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,
I have a Tablet PC with Windows 8 Release Preview installed.
The Tablet PC is equipped with a x86 Intel Atom Z670 processor and the Marvell 88w8787 Wifi/Bluetooth chip.
(Also ref. as AZUREWAVE_AW-NM387 WiFi/Bluetooth)

Previously, Windows 7 installed with wifi connection was working good via the Marvell AVATAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor driver installed. File version: 14.57.8025.39, dated: 02/29/2012.

After doing both a upgrade install(keeping Win7 files) and also a CLEAN install of Windows 8 onto this same Tablet PC, my Network Adaptor is stating errors, and not working.

Kindly, how do I go about fixing this problem?

Sincerely, HWayne.
Flatoak Co., Ltd.

A:Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor

Hello,
I'm still having trouble installing a driver that supports by x86 Intel/Atom Z670 Tablet PC running Windows 8.

The WLAN module inside my Tablet PC is from Azurewave.

To be specific, '88F105-012000 WLAN CARD.AW-NM387..802.11 b/g/n SDIO...W/BLUETOOTH(V3.0)..LEAD-FREE..AZUREWAVE'.

My Tablet PC wifi connection worked OK with Windows 7, but now fails with Windows 8.

Any advice and/or recommendation?

BTW, this is related to the earlier POST: Marvell AVATAR Wireless-N Network Controller (SDIO) - Network adaptor driver installed. File version: 14.57.8025.39, dated: 02/29/2012.

This driver installed and worked for Windows 7, but fails in Windows 8.
This driver is the driver that automatically gets identified by Windows UPDATE for my Tablet PC type.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/7036-marvell-avastar-wireless-n-network-controller-sdio-network-adaptor.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Whenever I plug in the EDUP 802.11G Wifi Wireless USB Adapter that I bought, my laptop goes into blue screen. The laptop is a Thinkpad T22. I've installed the program for the wifi adapter, as well as the drivers for the device. It works perfectly before but then the problem came up. Help?

A:Windows 2000 blue screen with wifi adaptor

It would appear you are having a USB Power Surge, maybe try a PCMCIA Wireless Card.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/windows-2000-blue-screen-with-wifi-adaptor/65965.html
Relevancy 55.04%

my Broadcom BCM43142 802.11 bgn Wifi adaptor says it is missing (Code 39) . I can't get any internet and have no idea how this happened. I need help! Thanks in advance!

A:My hp stream wifi adaptor says its unable to load or is miss...

You would probably want to download the driver from hp.com on another computer and then copy it to your Stream and reinstall it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-hp-stream-wifi-adaptor-says-its-unable-to-load-or-is/td-p/5760839
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been trying to install a tp-link TLwn821n to my friends windows 8 computer.
It seems to install ok and then asks me to reboot the computer. upon reboot the drivers are not installed.
The message reads 'windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error when attempting to install it, the data is invalid'
I have installed this stick to my windows 8 computer and my windows 8 laptop with no problem at all.
I have taken the latest drivers from the website.

Has anyone got a fix or know what the problem is,

Many thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/31442-cannot-install-tp-link-wifi-adaptor-data-invalid.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Trying to set up networking for a friend who has a mix of old and new equipment She has an old Evesham tower PC - exact model unknown but must be quite old as it only had USB support originally and she had to add a USB adaptor to support more recent acquisitions It also had no Ethernet NIC PC runs XP SP We wanted to give the PC a wired conenction to her broadband router Netgear DG PN I got her a Belkin Problems new NIC adaptor with "disappearing" Solved: baseT PCI card model F D ed - no specific preference for that model just what was available in the local shop Installed card powered-on ran Solved: Problems with new NIC adaptor "disappearing" found new hardware Solved: Problems with new NIC adaptor "disappearing" routine loaded drivers from Belkin CD - so far so good As a precaution against future problems and because I live too far away just to call round to do a quick repair also loaded the software for a Netgear WPN USB WiFi adaptor - which also works But obviously not trying to use both simultaneously - the WPN would normally be unplugged The desktop ran OK for about half an hour then lost the Belkin altogether - it disappeared from Device Manager Did a find new hardware which it did eventually then reloaded drivers but got a quot card will not work properly quot message and Device Manager had a yellow flag against it Tried this again with same result In the end I had to power-off remove card power on again as if to do some form of reset power off re-insert card and power on again Then got found new hardware loaded drivers and off we went again - or so I thought About an hour later suddenly got a series of pop-up messages saying alternatively that the LAN connection had been lost as the cable had been removed followed within a second or two by a message saying that the cable had been inserted and the connection restored After several of these pairs of message in quick succession the connection dropped altogether I changed the cable but no difference and eventually the card disappeared from Device Manager again By then it was too late in the day to start all over again and I was rather loosing the will to live So at the moment she is using the WiFi instead but we would still like really to fix the NIC problem Does anyone have suggestions please And yes the card WAS firmaly seated into the PCI slot nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Sister has Lenova 3000 c200 series laptop, approx 5 years old which has onboard network card which according to specs (as I haven't looked inside), has
IEEE 802.11b and IEEE 802.11g,her linksys router is about same age too and am sure they both need updating, especially as she is moving to area where broadband speed check shows it will be even slower than where she lives now...

Question is :-

Can I upgrade to IEEE 802.11n, and if so, do I have to change the old internal card, or can I buy and insert an external network card adaptor, and then change BIOS settings to disable internal one and enable new one.Just want easiest solution please.
Will also upgrade her router.
Any help much appreciated

Relevancy 54.61%

I got a Dell E with Windows bits Our System Admin pushed the new A V upgrade from Symantec to Symantec and that broke all the network connectivities including Ethernet and Wifi I was able to run CleanWipe couple time and get rid of all the Symantec crap and checked the registry to make sure there aren't any Symantec stuff in there I was able to re-install the Ethernet adaptor and that got the internet working But when I un-install the WiFi adaptor and re-installed it It never really re-established the connection between the hardware and Windows I un-installed the adaptor and is networks Windows Wifi Adaptor but installed/enabled can't detect re-installed it couple times but no prevail Wifi Adaptor is installed/enabled but Windows can't detect networks The adaptor's driver is installed properly and it's enabled in the control panel But there is X mark on the wifi symbol and it says troubleshoot When I try to troubleshoot it say the driver might not be installed properly I also plugged in the Netgear USB Wifi Adaptor and it was able to install it but it's doing the same thing as the built in adaptor I restart the WLAN service couple times but still no prevail The Ethernet is working fine without any issue So it seems like the WiFi connectivity services are messed up in the registry I would hate to re-install windows ANY SUGGESTIONS THANKS IN ADVANCE

A:Wifi Adaptor is installed/enabled but Windows can't detect networks

Didn't you ask the System Administrator to solve the issue for you?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287816-wifi-adaptor-installed-enabled-but-windows-cant-detect-networks.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi OS XP Pro Network Controller? Network Adaptor Solved: vs SP Network Adaptor vs Network Controller Need some help regarding Network Controller as Device Manager is showing Yellow Exclamation mark Around years ago I rebuilt my tower from scratch Solved: Network Adaptor vs Network Controller? using Motherboard CoreDual-SATA Chipset - Northbridge VIA PT Pro PT Ultra - Southbridge VIA VT S LAN - VIA PHY VT - Speed Ethernet - Supports Wake-On-LAN - Supports PXE months ago while defragging C drive the mains power went down and crashed the machine While retrieving the data from C drive I decided to go dual boot and added Windows Ultimate on a separate drive to XP Pro fresh install I m not using Windows as I need more RAM to run properly although it does work on what I have installed So months ago I reinstalled the original drivers from the supplied MB CD Network adapter VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter VIA Technologies The reason for this post is that when I open device manager I see Network adaptors Net Adaptor VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter Other devices Network Controller yellow Device status The drivers for this device are not installed Code When I try to reinstall the drivers they are not found so I click Install from a specific location Advanced Don t search I will choose the driver to install This shows ALL DEVICES BUT Network Controller is not listed Here s the weird bit - If I select NETWORK ADAPTORS it shows me BCM Gigabit Ethernet This is where I m confused how can BCM Gigabit Ethernet be on the system when my motherboard has Network adapter VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter I m worried that if I click to update the drivers for BCM Gigabit Ethernet I might screw my system up but on the other hand I d like to remove the Yellow I did go to take the chance but this warning message said Installing this device driver is not recommended because Windows cannot verify that it is compatible Do you want to continue installing this driver MY THREE QUESTIONS I m not too hot on Networks etc Why isn t the Network Controller listed in the section under SHOW ALL DEVICES Should I take the chance and install drivers for Gigabit Ethernet Is it normal for two different names linked to possibly the same device i e VIA Rhine II Fast Ethernet Adapter AND BCM Gigabit Ethernet I have not installed any other PCI cards etc I can see that the Ethernet cable is going directly to the MB For the record everything is working OK internet etc although on my wife s laptop Vista she keeps having to renew the network adaptor and I m forever running netsh commands Any help advice or comments would be most welcome Thanks in advance Confused - Stephen nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I got this laptop about a year and a half ago and things were working fine with no problems until a couple weeks ago nbsp The internet connection suddenly went out and the troubleshooter diagnosed it was a network adapter-related problem nbsp The network adapter being used on my laptop is the Realtek RTL BE b g n nbsp nbsp I uninstalled the driver for the adapter Adapter Wifi Disappearing downloaded a newer more updated driver from a separate computer then reinstalled it onto the Wifi Adapter Disappearing affected laptop nbsp This worked for about an hour until the wifi went out again and the network adapter disappeared from Wifi Adapter Disappearing the Device Manager nbsp nbsp Wifi Adapter Disappearing Reseting the computer would bring back the wifi for periods of time between minutes to hours but it would never last nbsp nbsp Finally I reset my computer back to factory settings After doing this the network adapter was present in the Device Manager and the wifi worked fine for a couple days before reverting back to its nonfunctional state nbsp nbsp Does this sound like a hardware problem Is it possible to get my wifi card replaced by hp Or can this issue be solved by fiddling with the software nbsp Thanks so much nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Wifi Adapter Disappearing

Try to disable windows driver updates.windows button+XSystemAdvanced system settings (this is on the top left side of the page)Hardware tab (system properties window)Device installations settingsSelect no After doing this, re-install the correct driver and update the BIOS of the PC.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Adapter-Disappearing/td-p/5626796
Relevancy 53.32%

The wireless icon on my HP Envy laptop keeps disappearing nbsp I am referring to the icon that is typically at the bottom right of the task bar nbsp When this occurs I always check the Network amp Internet settings - the Wi-Fi option Wifi Capability is Disappearing is completely gone nbsp At times the Wi-Fi will be available and connects without an issue nbsp Then I may leave the computer setting for a while and when I come back the Wi-Fi option is completely gone as if the computer isn't built to accept Wi-Fi nbsp Wifi Capability is Disappearing This has been an ongoing issue since just after I purchased the laptop purchased in June nbsp I tried to resolve this with HP but everything they checked didn't seem to have any issues nbsp I know they ran a hard drive check and that turned out fine nbsp I've researched a lot of forums and decided to try a new hard drive nbsp I replaced the hard drive about a month ago nbsp After that until a few days ago the Wi-Fi worked perfectly nbsp Now it has started disappearing again nbsp I've seen a lot of people have had this issue but has anyone actually gotten a resolution nbsp At this point I am way past regretting the decision to purchase an HP laptop nbsp Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Capability-is-Disappearing/td-p/5825428
Relevancy 52.46%

I just bought a flex3 and the wifi keeps disconnecting and when I go to device manager it doesn't even show it under network devices. I have uninstalled the device and reinstalled it and it still does it. It will be ther connect to my wifi and then I have no connection and when I check network adapters it isn't there and when I go to device manager it doesn't show up either. Very very very frustrating. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex3-wifi-keeps-disappearing-from-device-manager/td-p/3313306
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a dell desktop with windows 7 and I cannot connect to the internet. I troubleshoot it and I get the computer cannot detect a network adaptor driver. I look under the device manager and there is not network adaptor same with the network and sharing center. It worked a while back so I don't know what happened and how to fix it. Thanks in advance for all your help. Also I have tried downloading drivers from both dell, and intel though the intel one wouldn't download.

Relevancy 52.03%

installed xp pro with copy of recovery disc... cannot get laptop network adaptor to pick up any available networks... how do i configure adaptor to do so. drivers should be okay. was working last week until had to reinstal windows xp thanks in advance

Relevancy 52.03%

I turned on my computer today and discovered that my network adapter was gone.

How do I re install it without the internet?

EDIT:

I'm running win7 32 bit on a clone.

A:No Network Adaptor

What type of adapter, which motherboard etc; ? fill in your system specs and I'll see what I can do.
Can explain a bit more about the clone situation ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/234547-no-network-adaptor.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, did a clean reinstall of vista (don't ask!), went ok except laptop says it cannot Detect a network adaptor, hence it cannot pick up my wireless connection. There seems to be one there though and the driver is fully up to date. Any ideas would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there this is my first time on here so bear with me.

I have been given a computer from a friend whos office has closed down. I have loaded windows xp on it but it wont connect to the internet. I am using a cable modem which i usually have connected to my main computer.

It says that i have no network adaptor??

when i look in device manager it has yellow ? & ! on the following other devices
ethernet controller
multimedia audio controller
video controller (vga compatible)

if i look at the properties is says the drivers for this device are not installed (code 28)

the computer seems fine apart from this but i need to get online.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks alot

A:no network adaptor help please

You need to download drivers from the manufacturers website. What is the manufacturer and model for the computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-adaptor-help-please.947345/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have deleted my partition and started all over due to a virus. I reinstalled my operating system with my original disk. Now my netowrk adaptor is gone, and I can't connect to the internet in any way. So I can't get on dell.com and download one. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the help.

A:network adaptor gone

Use someone else's system...to download all drivers needed?

I thought Dell included a drivers disk (with install CDs) or had the drivers already on the restore CD...guess I was wrong again.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265952/network-adaptor-gone/
Relevancy 52.03%

Does it matter if I get a N or G network adaptor. My router is a G but won't a N adaptor work on the G network and then be ready for a N router when I can upgrade.

A:N or G network adaptor

No, it shouldn't matter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/n-or-g-network-adaptor.852719/
Relevancy 52.03%

I just bought a new computer Dell Dimension Pentium I set it up on my desk installed all the cables and such plugged in my Ethernet cable and tried to launch Internet Explorer and nothing the pages do not load Unsure of what it could be I quickly called my ISP thinking it was something I did wrong went through all the setup steps ping tests and they convinced me it was my Network Adapter The ping test went OK but they that Network Adaptor only tests the card not the connection and believe Network Adaptor it could be the port When I ping to a website it times out I notified the seller eBay of course and they quickly sent out a new PCI Adapter which I quickly installed at my earliest convenience Still nothing Am I missing something Is there any test I can do to pin-point my problem I m using my old computer Dell mhz to surf and troubleshoot this predicament I tried to notify Dell but their tech support sucks nothing like being on hold for - minutes just to clear this up I also tried to call D-Link tech support and after holding for minutes they decided to disconnect me Please help nbsp

A:Network Adaptor

When you look at Device manager what does it say about your ethernet card or network adapters. do you have any yellow Exclaimation marks indicating any problem hardware. You might try unistalling the network adapter in device manager and rebooting hte computer to let window redetect and reinstall the drivers for the NIC. Oh you are using Windows Xp are you not?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adaptor.387269/
Relevancy 52.03%

hi

just moved onto a another pc [win 7] . cant connect to internet as when i plug in router [broadband] i get cant detect properly installed network adapter error msg.

internet connects ok on old xp machine

any help appreciated

thanks

A:no network adaptor

What is the make and model of the computer? Are there any yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager? If there are then right click the device and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584486/no-network-adaptor/
Relevancy 52.03%

I just bought a Ps2 Network Adaptor. I am trying to get it connected through my DSL ethernet but the connection test keeps failing. What am I doing wrong?

A:Need Help With my PS2 Network Adaptor

Make sure the ethernet cable is plugged in and working properly. Also make sure you put the net. adaptor in properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-my-ps2-network-adaptor.190160/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey. I just had a new harddrive put into my laptop. Only to realize that I cannot connect to the network because there is no network adaptor installed. My other laptop has a Broadcom 802.11g network adaptor so i am looking for a download that I can put on a disk and then upload to the laptop. Does this sound like a good plan? Also, I am not exactly sure I know how to download to a disc.....any help? Thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

I have modded my ps2, I want to know if the network adaptor for ps2 is compatible with a modded ps2.(I heard that it is not possible in an xbox)

A:network adaptor for ps2

I haven't heard of any complaints (yet), but that doesn't mean that it will. I guess it depends on what you did you your PS2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adaptor-for-ps2.308329/
Relevancy 52.03%

Good morning

I am using Vista Home Basic. I have a home network set up using a TrendNet Wireless router. My desktop is hard wired to the Wireless router. When my computer sits idle for a time, usually goes into sleep mode. The Network adaptor shuts off. When I try to use the computer again I have to restart it sometimes more than once to get the Network adaptor to become enabled again. My question is how can I stop this from happening? Any suggestions would be great appreciated.

Thanks

A:Network adaptor

Try going into Device Manager, open the properties for your network adapter, click the Power Management tab and disable the "Allow Windows to shut off this device to save power" option. This may help !

Good Luck !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/374824/network-adaptor/
Relevancy 52.03%

I looking for a good network adaptor for my PC, I don't want to spend more than $100. I don't play games much, but when i'm web surfing i like to move quickly from site to site. **My PC sits 15 feet from router so distance not real big issue

A:Best Network Adaptor (FOR PC)??? Need help

Do you want to go wired or wireless? For gaming Wired is better, faster and less latency.

Most computers come equipped with a wired Ethernet card, so unless you have a really old PC you should have that already. Wireless you'd have to purchase if thats the way you want to go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-network-adaptor-for-pc-need-help.631425/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Guys,

So my office PC keeps going to unidentified network and I have to disable and enable the network adapter for it to get an IP address and connect back to the network. I'm using a LAN connection not wireless by the way.

I have not seen this issue on any other computers/laptops on the network, only on this specific system so I'm thinking its not a problem with my DHCP or anything.

Any other information required please let me know and any help in fixing this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

A:Network adaptor keeps going to 'unidentified network'

I don't see it often but usually unplug the Ethernet cable, use Device Manager to Uninstall the NIC/Network Interface Card/adapter, reboot and let the computer find the NIC and install it. Sometimes it's necessary to get new/fresh drivers for the NIC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/332297-network-adaptor-keeps-going-unidentified-network.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Has anyone got a fix for my toshiba satellite p50-t running windows 10. My intel wifi files keep deleting from network adaptors. I have reinstalled windows 10 as suggested by toshiba and still not fixed. It has been happening intermittently for months. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92594-Satellite-P50-Intel-Wifi-files-in-windows10-keep-disappearing
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
I find the network adaptor in device manager
WAN Miniport (IP) -Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport
Wan Miniport(IP)-Packet Scheduler Miniport
is missing in safe mode win XP .
How can I recover them ???

A:recover wan network adaptor

Well, you don't necessarily want to recover them.

How about telling us what your problem is and we'll work from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recover-wan-network-adaptor.956136/
Relevancy 51.6%

I just installed this product USB Dual High Gain Antenna Wireless N Wifi Adaptor USB Dual High Gain Antenna Wireless N Wi-Fi Adapter eBay item end time -Jul- AEST Computers Soon as I plugged it in my Win machine instantly identified it and installed the driver Only problem is the adapter remains disabled I try to enable it but it instantly disables itself when I do I could not find any clues in the System event log It's actually an rtl chip by realtek I tried installing drivers from the manufacturer from the CD and from the internet but windows insists that the microsoft driver it installed on detection is the most up-to-date driver and it ignores mfr driver I tried installing a quot legacy device quot and I manually chose the mfr driver but it does not work and still has the microsoft driven device listed in device manager I tried this unit on enable network adaptor new can't another PC also running windows bit and it worked flawlessly But on the two machines which really need the device they both cannot enable the device once installed Any help would be appreciated

A:can't enable new network adaptor

Hello Spasmoid, welcome to SF!

A couple of questions to help me understand what happens better...
- From your (limited) system spec's I gather you're connecting this on a tower (desktop pc)?
- Did this tower did have a previous wireless USB connection?
- Did the pc on which it DID work already have a USB connection + is that PC also a tower/desktop (i.e. not a laptop)
- Did you try removing all related installed drivers, reboot, install software from disk first and only then connect the device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/173633-cant-enable-new-network-adaptor.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I just did a clean install of Windows on a PC that was formerly running XP and everything seems to have gone smoothly except for the network adapter See the adapter was working properly in XP and I adaptor cannot Windows see 7 network expected I might have to update the drivers for but the Device Manager does not even recognize that the network adapter is plugged in There is no quot Network Device quot tab in the Device Manager unless I click quot Show Hidden Items quot and none of those items need new drivers There are three items under quot Other Devices quot two nameless Ethernet Controllers and a Multimedia Audio Controller Trying to install the -compatible driver for my adapter that I found on the manufacturer's website has not worked yet I've tried to use it as a driver for each of the Ethernet Controllers neither of which has accepted it and my understanding is that without the Manager recognizing the physical presence of the card I cannot install the driver I would be overjoyed to find that I'm wrong and Windows 7 cannot see network adaptor there is a simple fix I have removed the card and plugged it back in and there has been no change I hope I have given enough information for someone to recognize my problem any help would be appreciated Thank you

A:Windows 7 cannot see network adaptor

What brand and model is the motherboard? If the network adapter is not onboard, what brand and model is the NIC?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/105938-windows-7-cannot-see-network-adaptor.html
Relevancy 51.6%

if my Router puts out a G signal will it do any good to upgrade from a G adaptor to an N : or does an N only give better connection performance when picking up a signal from an N type Router.

A:Solved: N or G network adaptor?

The only possible benefit is maybe longer range, though that's questionable. Most 802.11n adapters use MIMO which will usually help with range issues. Obviously, there will be no speed advantage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-n-or-g-network-adaptor.780250/
Relevancy 51.6%

Acer TravelMate 4230 Windows XP SP3 2 years old.

When I turned the laptop on after using it for over 12months I recieved this message:

Found New Hardware

"Network and Computing Encryption/Decryption Controller"

It has something to do with the missing Network Adaptor and yes I tried installing all the latest Acer Network Lan Drivers.

Re-imaging the laptop to Acers original image did not fix the problem.

It is not finding the normal network adaptor which a network cable plugs into.

It only finds the Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection which works with no problems.

I have tried everything but can not find the answer, Acer told me it was to do with the Windows drivers ???

Can anyone assist

Thanks

Darryl

Relevancy 51.6%

Realtek network adaptor major failure by HP to recall repair and support. [Content Removed]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Realtek-network-adaptor/td-p/5732062
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a dual port Intel Gigabit Dual Port Network adaptor Port mac address A E nbsp - IP address NM GW nbsp Port mac address A F This is not connected to anything - cable unplugged - disabled So the machine is using a STATIC IP address and hard coded DNS nbsp Something on my network MAC network one adaptor? Two from addresses is making DHCP requests and I have traced it back to this machine by process of elimination reduced network to just router switch this PC how ever the DHCP requests are coming from a mac Two MAC addresses from one network adaptor? address not associated with this machine A nbsp I have confirmed using wireshark that it is defiantly this machine that is making the DHCP requests from that MAC Two MAC addresses from one network adaptor? address nbsp As you can see the 'strange'mac address is seriously close to that of the 'declared'mac addresses Just to compound things I have identical Windows machines ALL doing the same thing making DHCP requests from odd mac addresses that are not the mac addresses of either network interface nbsp IPconfig -all output below anybody got any ideas Keith Goodyer Windows IP Configuration nbsp nbsp Host Name CASPAR- nbsp nbsp Primary Dns Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp Node Type Hybrid nbsp nbsp IP Routing Enabled No nbsp nbsp WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp Description Intel R Gigabit Dual Port Network nbsp Connection nbsp nbsp Physical Address - - -A - - E nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled No nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp nbsp IPv Address Preferred nbsp nbsp Subnet Mask nbsp nbsp Default Gateway nbsp nbsp DNS Servers nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap FD - B - -A -A DB F F C nbsp nbsp Media State Media disconnected nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter nbsp nbsp Physical Address - - - - - - -E nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled No nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface nbsp nbsp Media State Media disconnected nbsp nbsp Connection-specific DNS Suffix nbsp nbsp nbsp Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface nbsp nbsp Physical Address - - - - - - -E nbsp nbsp DHCP Enabled No nbsp nbsp Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3aa1c855-bc06-4eb6-a4ca-9b163e01326e/two-mac-addresses-from-one-network-adaptor?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, running XP Pro with Atheros AR 500G wireless adaptor, problem is it has stopped starting up when turning pc on.. It sometimes starts when clicking 'repair' or if that fails re-boot then repair. I've updated drivers checked router is ok (it's working as I-touch connects ok) checked and re-netered WEP key dont know what else to do..Any sugestions please?..
Cheers Chalky

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adaptor-not-starting.686793/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Guys Hoping someone can help at the end of my tether Laptop Specs - Lenovo Z I m Gz gb RAM Tb Windows bit First things first My On board wireless adaptor is knackered It has been for a while and I am at peace with this I have been using a nano USB adaptor for the past while and it has been great regualry gettiing megs service which is what I should be getting A few Network. WI-FI finding USB Adaptor not months ago this dropped to meg and after getting out an engineer form my broadband provider Virgin it was deduced my adaptor was faulty I bought a USB WI-FI Adaptor not finding Network. new one from USB WI-FI Adaptor not finding Network. PC World and all was good again This one has also became faulty It was knocked when in used an dI now get BSOD's when I use it Never mind I'll ge another one I bought a new one from Ebay - Only a Nano one - Cheap and cheerful but herein lies the problem It cannot seem to detect my wireless network It definitely there as when I plug in USB adaptor t comes up slowly and works but as soon as the new adaptor goes in the network is gone I have spent many days trying tofigure this out The adaptor is cleary being found my the laptop as it appears as connected and shows up in device managed and that says the device is working properly I have update all the drives as far as I know I have reset and uninstalled the device many times I have deleted duplicate entries in device manager including the hidden ones I have disabled the power management things as I read could help and messed with the registry as another site recommended but again no joy Here where you guys come in Can anyone suggest something new or point out any stupid errors I am over looking Anything would be much appreciated Kind Regards Gumble

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69601-usb-wi-fi-adaptor-not-finding-network.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
The PAN Bluetooth Network Adaptor (in Network Sharing - Network Connection under change Adaptor) says it's network cable is unplugged and I have been unable to enable it correctly.  I have reinstalled
and the same issue.  The Device Manager says it is Pan Network Adaptor working properly. Yet BlueSoleils software communicate OK.

What is the issue with the Adaptor saying its unplugged and hence the red cross on the Network Icon.

Kim

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bba8ee60-3482-4421-9314-067d90e73e1c/pan-bluetooth-network-adaptor?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 51.6%

hi everyone

my computer keeps disconnecting and I get an error message that tells me that my network wireless adaptor needs resetting,
which I do, this fix lasts a while and then it disconnects again, I have taken the computer back to PC World and they
have put a diagnostic check on it and it says that the adaptor is ok. Can anyone tell me if this can be fixed, if I reset
my computer back to factory settings could this cure the problem.

Regards Calmat

A:network wireless adaptor

It may not be your computer at all, it may be your router. Try unplugging power to the router with the Wifi on it, for 10 seconds, then plug it back in, if your Wifi connection is saved in the Wifi List, it will auto reconnect.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/29226-network-wireless-adaptor.html
Relevancy 51.6%

if so then I have a few questions relating to it?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
how can I change the icon name ?/ I use red circle to highlight in attached jpg file
What profile or want setting I need to change in order to change it ??
Please advise .

A:network adaptor doman name in win 7

NOVA_lockhart That appears to be the name of the network you are connected to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/350719-network-adaptor-doman-name-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there First time posting so hi everyone Ok basically I have bough an older IBM Thinkpad iseries a week ago It is a Iseries series Series anyways it has a see my Network don't Connect I Adaptor...Cannot plug in I don't see my Network Adaptor...Cannot Connect the back for an ethernet cable and I am currently in a hotel and plugged the high speed ethernet cable in but I don't see my Network Adaptor...Cannot Connect nothing I looked in the Control Panel amp Device Manager and under Network Connections I only see my Wireless Belkin - G one as the only adaptor I cannot update a driver if I don t see the adaptor I don't see my Network Adaptor...Cannot Connect to begin with argh i m wondering how to get this to work the ethernet cable at the hotel works fine but I feel like when I plug it in nothing and the lights on the back by the ethernet plug dont do anything either and I don t see it in device manager Also tried the bios but dont see anything as to enabling this I wish this hotel had wireless but only in the lobby haha Anyone have any ideas Thanks so much Jeremy nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello all,
New here so be kind.
My PC, which is running windows 7 64bit was recently infected with the Adobe flash player update/windows system32 services trojan. After failing to fix it myself i passed it onto a so called expert. He seems to have fixed the trojan but now im having a problem with PC not recognizing the network adapter for a few minutes when switched on and when awakened from sleep mode. I have since found out that combofix was used to remove the trojan. Upon googling this it seems that incorrect use of combofix may be the cause of my connectivity problems. Can anyone offer some help? Thanks.

A:Network Adaptor problems

PC not recognizing the network adapter for a few minutes when switched on and when awakened from sleep mode.I am not sure what you mean when radio button is switched on after booting? Is that what you mean? Let's take out sleep mode here first. Please Read Topic : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic398507.html include List Installed Programs. Please post also your computer model/brand.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/464470/network-adaptor-problems/
Relevancy 51.6%

last week a big storm shut off my computer an when i restart it i see that my internet wasnt workin.i called my provider and they did the test and it comes to find out sum how my network adaptor is missing.
how do i downlaod another one
compaq presario desktop network adapter sr1910nx

A:network adaptor missin

Adapters and other hardware still have to be shipped the old fashioned way--UPS, Fed Ex. USPS, Pony Express, etc.

It's not listed in Device Manager? There are no warnings or errors in Device Manager?

When I search for sr1910nx I find a whole computer, not a network adapter?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adaptor-missin.828480/
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok so i upgraded my pc to windows 7 and now i cant connect to the internet at all i have a wireless usb for internet that dont work and i plug a cord right into the back and it still dont work i troubleshooted and it said windows cannot find driver for your network adaptor i cant seem to find the driver i have a Windows 7 32bit pc and a cisco DCP3825 router.

I WILL 100% DONATE if you solve my problem within 10min i need it done asap for school work!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, l have 2 network adaptor and l m tring to configure route table for required specifications...

Network 1 -
single modem
ip : 192.168.2.100
mask : 255.255.255.0
dns-gateway: 192.168.2.1

Network 2 -
domain inf
ip : 10.234.177.254
mask : 255.255.255.0
dns: 10.234.177.1

when l print route table it says

Code:
Etkin Yollar:
Ağ Hedefi Ağ Maskesi Ağ Geçidi Arabirim Ölçüt
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.234.177.1 10.234.177.254 20
0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.2.1 192.168.2.100 30
10.234.177.0 255.255.255.0 10.234.177.254 10.234.177.254 20
10.234.177.254 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 20
10.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 10.234.177.254 10.234.177.254 20
127.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 1
192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.100 192.168.2.100 30
192.168.2.100 255.255.255.255 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.1 30
192.168.2.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.2.100 192.168.2.100 30
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 10.234.177.254 10.234.177.254 20
224.0.0.0 240.0.0.0 192.168.2.100 192.168.2.100 30
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 10.234.177.254 10.234.177.254 1
255.255.255.255 255.255.255.255 192.168.2.100 192.168.2.100 1
But l am having trouble to reach internet sometimes with thsi route table. it connects sometimes but not sometimes....
what should l do to get the definite route table to reach int all the time without disconnects when l repair network adaptors....
thanks..

Relevancy 51.6%

I know I posted this in the motherboard forum but i now see there is a network forum to post it in so I thought it would be more sensible to post it here I have a wireless linksys network adaptor model WUSB off adaptor Network turning G ver Network adaptor turning off Now it has been working fine for years but recently it has been turning itself off Now this seems to only Network adaptor turning off happen in vista as i have another partion for xp and it never turns itself off on it The adaptor had worked fine on vista for a Network adaptor turning off couple of months then out of nowhere it started turning off I had recently installed new drivers for it so i uninstalled them and installed the old drivers but with no effect I then tried a clean installion of vista again but still with no effect When it does turn off i can plug it inot another usb port and it will work fine but it still will turn itself off What I would like to know is is there a problem with my usb ports or is this a vista problem or the adaptors problem nbsp

A:Network adaptor turning off

most NIC configurations have a Power feature to allow
disabling power or performing a awake-up. turn all of this OFF

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adaptor-turning-off.93677/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi iv recently reinstalled vista on my system twice, but now its says there are hardware problems, specfically, Rehlic-Gigabite-Ethennet, it says this hardware is not working properly in device manager, and when i put in an installation cd for bt and it scans my computer for connections now it says it cant find any available conections, even though I have an ethenet cable in my computer, i even tried a usb one but that didnt work. also looked in bios nothing helped and reinstalled vista again , put it on my second hardrive, but the same issue occurs. So i cannot get online, and any ideas why the network adaptor is not working any more?

Specs:
Vista64bit
quadcore 2.8
ati 4870x2
1.5 HD
8gb ram

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/209015-network-adaptor-issue.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU B Network turning adaptor keeps off. GHz Intel Family Model Network adaptor keeps turning off. Stepping Processor Network adaptor keeps turning off. Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K C Antivirus Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled OK a week ago I was at a Hilton and went to sign on my computer and when I attempted to sign on the sing in page for the hotel began to replicate itself over and over I had to shut the computer off to stop it I thought it was something I had done so like a lost fool I tried more time and the result was the same each time and it would take about minutes each time to clear the screen So when I came home I can once again sing on and hook up to my wireless connection but it will only stay on for about seconds and then shut off I click on the wireless connection at the bottom of the screen and use troubleshoot The troubleshoot finds the problem and it says the internet adaptor was turned off I have to repeat this process to times before the connection will stay on Any idea nbsp

A:Network adaptor keeps turning off.

can we see an ipconfig /all
whats the exact make and model of the PC

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adaptor-keeps-turning-off.1100647/
Relevancy 50.74%

I want to buy a wireless network adaptor for my computer. Once it is connected to my network, could I use my laptop to print wirelessly (providing my CPU and printer are connected)????

A:Network Adaptor Allow Me to Print Wirelessly

What printer do you have, and how is it connected to your network?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adaptor-allow-me-to-print-wirelessly.631423/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello and thanks for taking the time to read here My neighbor has an XP operating desktop HP machine I can t tell you much more about it because it is not mine He lives directly across the street I do most of his technical maintenance on his machine to a point I m not a geek a wannabe possibly but only slightly above the average user I have been using pc s since He uses Verizon slow DSL and not only that his pc has XP Adaptor USB kink! and Network Wireless been taking up to minutes to boot up So the other day I thought I m taking this Linksys USB Wireless adapter USB Wireless Network Adaptor and XP kink! over there and using it to access my drive and have the greater speed and access to my files on my computer BTW I wanted to use the adapter because his pc has no wireless And the purpose of my trip across the street was to help this issue with taking up to minutes to boot up USB Wireless Network Adaptor and XP kink! Now this Linksys adapter was given to me awhile back I came home plugged it into my older XP machine and it recognized it installed it I suppose do not remember but it USB Wireless Network Adaptor and XP kink! went right on and accepted and used it When I plugged it into his it did not work on his XP It searched the Windows directory for the driver but did not find it So I went to the internet and found the driver Downloaded it but it would not install properly I downloaded it from another site under another file name it would not install it properly I am perplexed as it was so easy to use with my XP machines Any suggestions why What to do now What if I copied the driver library of my XP machine and copied it to his XP machine Do you think then it would find the driver as easily as it did mine and go on and work If so what Windows folder has all the drivers available to XP BTW hours later and I had his machine booting up at minute instead of the minutes Cleaned and meaned it s a runnin machine But I still would like to know how to get this Linksys Wireless adapter to work so when I go there I have access to files on mine I need and faster internet if I have to download something for him Thanks so much I ve written a lot but wanted to be thorough jack nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

I wiped clean my IBM T43 laptop. I downloaded all the correct drivers and installed. For some reason teh Wireless Network adaptor is not found. I checked in the configuration and it is enabled. How do I get it to be found so I can use it? It used to work, but I'm sure when I overwrote the C drive it may have removed some components I need.
There is not a network adaptor that shows up in Device Manager for Wireless only the wired.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-adaptor-not-found-306882.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am having some trouble with our other computer We needed to reinstall windows XP After we did that we could no longer connect to the internet I thought this was because we messed up when we reinstalled Windows but we reinstalled it a second Missing Adaptor? Xp And The Reinstalled I'm Now Network time and still nothing I have done some troubleshooting and have found that there is no network adapter listed in the Device Manager I am not sure what else Reinstalled Xp And Now I'm Missing The Network Adaptor? I may be missing I haven t a clue how this happened or how to get one Is this something that can be downloaded Isn t this something that should ve been on the restore disc We used the restore CD that came with the computer We don t have any back up discs yeah I know STUPID So I am clueless on what to do at this point I am getting really frustrated can someone please help me We can t connect at all on that computer so I can t do any checks online for drivers or whatever to see if they are compatiable with windows so I m afraid of screwing it up even more Please help me

A:Reinstalled Xp And Now I'm Missing The Network Adaptor?

What you are going to have to do is remove the network card and find out the manufacturer and model number of it. The on another computer go to that manufacturer's web site and download the Windows XP driver for this NIC card and install it. Apparently the drivers for this card are not part of the Windows disks which I find kind of strange seeing as you are using the Recovery disks for the computer. One other thing you might want to check is device manager and see how many drivers were not installed and then write them down and try the driver disk that came with the recovery disk set and install everything driver wise off of the disk.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61767/reinstalled-xp-and-now-im-missing-the-network-adaptor/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I am having a Toshiba Satellite A105 - S 4114 with Windows XP, SP3. I was using the LAN & Wireless network adaptor without any problem. A week back Windows XP got updated & from then LAN & Wifi network adaptor are not getting detected.
In the device manage both the adaptors are not preset. If I add the adaptors from the ‘Add Hardware’ its getting added as Intel PRO/1000 PL network connection#2 & Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection#2 but its not working.

I am using the following adaptors with version (working):-
LAN network adaptor: Intel PRO/1000 PL network connection, Version 9.2.24.0

Wireless network adaptor: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG network connection, Version 10.1.0.13

I tried to download the new drives for both the adaptors, but nothing is working.
Please let me know the solution

Thanks in advance,
Vini

A:Cannot detect network adaptor in my system.

Hiya Vini_2603.

It`s odd that they`ve disappeared from Device Manager and not just flagged up as a problem item. Do you have anything at all under Network Adapters?

In Dev Man, right-click the computers name at the very top and `Scan for hardware changes` to see if that comes up with anything.

The drivers are no good if the adapters aren`t being seen to start with !

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-detect-network-adaptor-in-my-system.917634/
Relevancy 50.74%

I had to reformat my hard drive on a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop with O. S. Vista. I can not get on to the internet and I am told I need to down load the network adaptor. I am using a wireless system connected to a Netgear 60 router. This laptop worked OK on my network before reformat. Also my old laptop using XP is connected OK. I have visited numerous sites and I am not able to find a down load or have success downloading . I am trying to download on to my desktop computer that I am using Windows 8.1. Then I would load it onto a flash drive and load my Vista. Sounds simple but I am having a very difficult time . I tried the Intel site and received a message that "This package is not supported on this platform or operating system". This message appeared on several sites. I need help. Thanks.

Relevancy 50.74%

i just reinstall my computer with operting system cd. but i cannot find network adaptor in device manager.all i see monitors then other devices ,but no network adaptor .can anyone please help me.

A:no adaptor network in device manager

If you have a on board network and have the board cd it should be on the cd [driver]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-adaptor-network-in-device-manager.839698/