Windows Support Forum

Outlook 2016 Won't Connect to Microsoft Account

Q: Outlook 2016 Won't Connect to Microsoft Account

I've been trying to set up Outlook 2016 on my new Surface Pro 4 but it won't connect to my Office 365 Account/Microsoft Account. The rest of Office works fine I'm just having trouble with Outlook. Is anyone else having these issues? I was thinking it might be my 2FA but I don't want to turn it off if it won't even work. Edit: It seems Outlook 2016 has connected to my Office 365 Account it just hasn't connect to my Outlook account.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445102-outlook-2016-wont-connect-microsoft-account.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Outlook 2016 Won't Connect to Microsoft Account

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 30.1%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have been working on setting up a Minecraft server for a couple of days now and I cannot find a way to get my friends outside of my network to connect connect my to can't My server friends Minecraft I know I gave them the right IP address and I have tried several solutions with no luck I can however connect to the server from other computers connected to the same router but I think that only works when I have it set My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server to quot cracked quot mode I tried disabling my firewall on both my host computer and my router using a different computer as the server host and changing the port All solutions I have tried gave the same message to my friends quot Cannot reach server quot My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server when I was able to connect just fine Here is some possibly useful information Host computer It s not the best -OS Windows XP Professional SP -Processor Intel Pentium GHz uni-core -RAM MB -IP Address Minecraft Server -Version jar Router -Type Wired Wireless -Brand Cisco -Model Linksys E -IP Address -Router Information Firmware Version build Apr Firmware Verification e c b ec c b c ceb Current Time Fri Jan Internet MAC Address FC CB -Internet Connection Connection Type Automatic Configuration - DHCP Internet IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS DNS DNS MTU DHCP Lease Time Hour If there is My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server any other information you need please tell me nbsp

A:My friends can't connect to my Minecraft server

You need to forward some ports (router settings) and then open incoming port in your firewall (OS settings). Start here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-friends-cant-connect-to-my-minecraft-server.175806/
Relevancy 19.78%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 20.21%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, itīs not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 20.21%

So about a few weeks ago (not exactly sure when it started) my computer stopped allowing me to access certain websites. It started out with only a few, but now it is almost 50-80% not connecting. I do not think it is a problem with my browser. I typically use Firefox, but IE will connect to the same ones Firefox allows, and will also not connect to the same websites Firefox will not allow.

I have searched these forums for a couple of hours now and nothing seems to fit my exact problem, and I am hesitant to use the solutions from other forums because it might further hurt my system. I am not tech-savvy/computer literate to say the least, and I would need a thorough walk-through on how to diagnose the problem, as well as how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

A:Unable to connect to most websites -- not a browser problem

How are you not allowed to view the website? Does the page show "The page cannot be displayed"? or you are not authorized or something else?

Try running cmd.exe, type "ipconfig /flushdns" without quotes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-most-websites-not-a-browser-problem.177710/
Relevancy 19.78%

So I have 2 images from the Device manager.
The driver has a Yellow caution sign with "!" inside it.

My issues:
Cannot Connect to wireless, But can connect via Ethernet Cable.

My troubleshooter said the drive couldn't start, and that I needed a Wireless Cable to plugin to the computer.

This is my school computer, my help desk helped before but they are out of office because its summer break.

Device Manager > Components > Problem Devices
Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002E&SUBSYS_E034105B&REV_01\4&124A40C8&0&00E1 This device cannot start.
Also 2 things.
I tried disabling my Bluetooth High Speed, it did nothing.
I do not know if this is the right thread, because this is my first post, if there is anymore information you need to know please contact me.

A:Atheros AR5B97 driver not letting me connect to wireless

Hi and welcome to the boards.

How old is this system? Sometimes the wireless card will fail and a new one can be installed.

However, you can upload and install the latest wireless network driver for your system via ethernet cable. Sometimes that is all you need. If it is a built system like a Dell then go to the manufacture's website if this was a system that was built by yourself or someone else then go to the motherboard's website.

Please keep us updated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atheros-ar5b97-driver-not-letting-me-connect-to-wireless.215528/
Relevancy 20.21%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 31.39%

According to the latest reports, AMD will skip the problematic 20nm manufacturing node for their next-generation 'Arctic Islands' GPUs, which the company is expected to launch in 2016. Instead, Arctic Islands will progress directly to 14nm FinFET in the hope...

Read more

A:AMD to reportedly skip 20nm entirely for its 2016 GPU family

Sounds like a good strategy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-to-reportedly-skip-20nm-entirely-for-its-2016-gpu-family.212286/
Relevancy 30.96%

AMD's roadmap for the next two years has leaked, and it's filled with information about what the company is planning for their desktop and mobile CPU and APU lines. While 2015 will see a mix of 32, 28 and 20nm chips,...

Read more

A:Leaked AMD roadmap suggests all 2016 APUs will be 14nm

If it beats the Bulldozer family by a solid 5-10% in video games plus media encoding with reasonable prices, I am going to use it for all my builds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-amd-roadmap-suggests-all-2016-apus-will-be-14nm.212540/
Relevancy 20.64%

My windows 7 laptop can connect to the internet, but unable to browse.

I can ping www.yahoo.com with zero loss
when I type ipconfig I am seeing my IP address

I have 4 other computers connected to the internet at home here no issues, it is just this one computer.

I have tried multiple browsers. I have tried both wired and wireless I even copied a chrome installer exe from a usb drive to the computer and ran it. When I double clicked the exe it WAS able to download the chrome software and install it, so I am definitely connected to the internet. But if I try and open a website, chrome says ERR_NETWORK_ACCESS_DENIED.

I.E. and firefox as well, no connection.

Thank you for your help in advance!

A:Can connect but can't browse internet

Update, I am able to browse in safe mode with network... but unable to in normal mode.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-but-cant-browse-internet.212468/
Relevancy 20.21%

Alright I ll make it short but informative I can t connect cable able internet Only via to ethernet to connect to the internet without an ethernet cable I have tried pressing the laptop s quot WiFi quot button but nothing has happened The light didn t even change I have tried Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable rebooting and going into BIOS to see Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable if there was on option there nothing I Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable have tried going into Device Manager and under quot Network Cards quot I got options I believe I had options though now I have only first I tried to deactivate it and the reactivate it but that just made it not work at all and when I got home and got my connection back I tried to update the drivers which is when I noticed I only had because I was at school when all showed up so I didn t have connection to update them but it just said that they were all up to date I have tried using the windows recovering tool to go back before the problem occurred Though I did get an error the first time due to my AVG being up so it couldn t complete but after that I tried doing it again with AVG off but the situation didn t change and I know the problem isn t with the router as the problem occurs with different WiFi s In the beginning it would only say quot can t connect to the internet quot over and over again but now it won t even show the available WiFi networks in the area Any help is much appreciated nbsp

A:Only able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

Any suggestions at all? if you require more information in order to come up with a solution, just tell me what you need an ill try my best to figure it out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/only-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.212310/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello I need to connect power/reset buttons to dell optiplex 620, but I just can't connect them anywhere on motherboard.

I need help as fast as possible

Thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-optiplex-620-connect-power-reset-buttons.212270/
Relevancy 20.21%

Much of the lure surrounding Microsoft's long-rumored Surface Mini was the notion that it'd come in at a lower price point compared to its full-sized brother. That project was ultimately scrapped and instead, we got the Surface Pro 3 -...

Read more

A:Microsoft's new Atom-powered Surface 3 starts at $499

This was sounding so promising then I got to 2GB RAM....

Have a look at your PC now - if you are running next to nothing over standard windows services, then you are probably somewhere around 1.2GB. Add an email client, some virus software a few Chrome Tabs and you will already be swapping away to page file as the OS starts to worry about memory and things will start to grind. How much would 2 more MB cost? Shame as otherwise it sounds quite a capable little machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsofts-new-atom-powered-surface-3-starts-at-499.210900/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 19.78%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 20.21%

Whenever I connect my external hard disk to my laptop, my computer freezes as soon as I My Computer to access it or click on 'Open to view files' in the autorun menu. I cannot do once this happens. Not even task manager can be opened. The computer unfreezes and starts working fine after I unplug my hard disk. But it works just fine on my friend's laptop.
This started happening a few days ago. Till then I could use the hard disk normally without any problems. Can anyone please help me out with this problem?
My operating system is windows 7 and I am using Avast Internet Security 7 antivirus

A:My laptop freezes when I connect an external HDD

What type of external HDD is it? Of what Brand?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-freezes-when-i-connect-an-external-hdd.180809/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have been having a problem on several devices conecting to my WiFi router saying there is a problem with Authentication. I have just relised that if I disconect the ethernet cable from my desktop computer to the router the WiFi works without porblems and as soon as I reconnect it I cant connect to the WiFi anymore. I using windows 8.1.

Any suggestions?

A:Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

What is the make and model of your WiFi router? It sounds like a setting is enabled within the router that is giving precedent to your Ethernet connection over your wifi connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-when-lan-connected.208892/
Relevancy 20.21%

I remember some time ago I found a option which made my computer connect itself to the internet but now I cant find it.Help?

A:Have to manually connect to the internet on startup

Make and Model of computer? What Operating System are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-to-manually-connect-to-the-internet-on-startup.207918/
Relevancy 20.21%

About or months ago I switched to a new internet provider whom also sent me a new modem Problem is is that To My Party Modem How 3rd To Connect Provider's New My Service? this new modem prevents my burglar alarm s dial out alert system from contacting my nominated phone numbers during an activation test If I turn off the modem there is no problem the alarm works perfectly This would be fine except that my brother in law lives next door and uses my internet connection so it is inconvenient if I m away and have to switch the modem off to have the alarm fully functional Prior to the provider change over I was using a rd party TP-Link TD-W ND modem with my prior service provider This modem caused no problems at all with the function of the burglar alarm when left on Therefore I would like to use the TP-Link modem again but I can t get it to work on the new service From memory the modem that was supplied by the new provider was basically plug and play and all I did was just cable it in and there was no keyboard work required This is why I don t know why the TP modem doesn t work since I didn t change anything Evidently there are some How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service? configurations that do need altering but I haven t got a clue Any help or ideas Tom nbsp

A:How To Connect My 3rd Party Modem To My New Provider's Service?

Hello there, You need to apply the appropriate ADSL and network settings on the modem so it can connect to your new provider's network. The ISP support should provide those. Hope you get it up and running soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-my-3rd-party-modem-to-my-new-providers-service.207609/
Relevancy 20.21%

This all started after I reset the router putting in new pass code I m using same name of the old SSID When you click to Windows SSID was to unable connect on the wireless network connection on the name of my SSID on connect it saying Getting information from SSID this sounds like Windows was unable to connect to SSID good thing that windows can see the router and talk to it Type in the network key same thing looks like windows can see the router and talk Windows was unable to connect to SSID to it I type in the network key and OK Than it is saying windows was unable to connect to SSID name I have set up other computers and it can connect but this one computer running windows cannot I have the pass code down on paper and other computers can connect So wrong pass code is not the case The only thing I can think of is is computers using the old profile or my network card may need to be reset When I open networking sharing center and click on manage wireless networks I removed the old profiles in the list But I m not sure if there is still some kind of conflict or the old setting still there some where Well because I m using the same SSID despite the router reset and new pass code I m not sure why I cannot connect unless Windows was unable to connect to SSID the windows thinks I m connecting to the old SSID I tried to restart the computer and no change nbsp

A:Windows was unable to connect to SSID

Force the system to forget that SSD and then reboot.
Now look for it again and enter the passphrase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-was-unable-to-connect-to-ssid.207365/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a Windows 7 HP desktop system that is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable. The system says it is connected, and a ping confirms it is accessing the internet. BUT, all the browsers say the computer is not connected to the internet (tried Chrome, Firefox and IE). All of the Microsoft network adapters (6to4, ISATAP adapter, ISATAP adapter #2, Teredo Tunneling Adapter) shown under device manager cannot start (Code 10). the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller is the only network adapter shown as working properly. What do I need to do to fix this? Let me know if there is any other information needed to help me.

A:Windows 7 computer says connect via ethernet and ping confirms but cannot get to any page

Does your router see this computer on the network?
Are you on Private Network or Home Network?
Is the IP address showing 192.168.x.x or is it showing 169.xx.xx.xx?

NIC network card you can do a few things. You can can disable it and re-able it.
Open dos prompt
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: ipconfig /release
type: ipconfig /renew

Give this a sec or two.

Now under services.msc (use the control panel and type services)
Select view local services
Scroll down for
DHCP Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it
DNS Client (right click and stop it) wait then right click and start it

If none of the above work go into the device manager. under control panel type: device manager. click on device manager

-Network adapters
-Realtek PCI-e this one uninstall the drivers (BUT DO NOT DELETE THEM)

Two options here.
One: Scan computer for new hardware changes
Two: Reboot the PC

Choose Two, because Windows will re-install the drivers and setup network card settings. for you. The Choosing One would do that same but you really want to flush out any prior issues that got you to this point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-computer-says-connect-via-ethernet-and-ping-confirms-but-cannot-get-to-any-page.207373/
Relevancy 20.21%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 20.21%

I laptop My wirelessly to will the connect not internet have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable Suddenly for no apparent reason about a week ago it stopped working All that I had done was turn on my quot Guest Account quot and download Skype It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range We have another laptop which we use from My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet the exact same location within the My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet house and this connects no problem it also finds another or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood I know that there is not a problem with my router modem as I can connect via my other computer I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair I know with most computer based things uninstalling and reinstalling it can work tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network cannot now find where it is to reinstall If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers I really don t know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My laptop will not connect wirelessly to the internet

bangj001 said:

I have had my laptop for around a year and it has always connected to the internet both wirelessly and through the cable. Suddenly, for no apparent reason, about a week ago it stopped working.

All that I had done was turn on my "Guest Account" and download Skype. It worked for a few minutes after this and then stopped completely- if I hovered over the wireless connection on the bottom right of my screen, there is a big red cross and it tells me that there are no wireless networks available in the range.

We have another laptop which we use from the exact same location within the house and this connects no problem, it also finds another 7 or so wireless networks in the neighbourhood.

I know that there is not a problem with my router/modem as I can connect via my other computer. I have not done anything to the laptop except the installation above- I tried uninstalling this and turning off the Guest Account but still no joy.

I looked at other posts on here and tried some of the things suggested but still no joy.... I thought I would try to be clever also and think I have actually made this worse so that it is now beyond repair!! I know with most computer based things, uninstalling and reinstalling it can work... tried this and have now uninstalled my wireless network...cannot now find where it is to reinstall!

If you are able to give me suggestions to fix this, please treat me as a novice as although I know some things about computers, I really don't know enough to decipher some of the more technical terms! Thanks in advanceClick to expand...

I assume you're using some sort of windows machine. Have you tried a system restore to a previous state when the OS used to work?
if not you should try that first by going to Programs>accesories>system tools> system re-store and select a time from when the laptop used to work fine.

Mm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-will-not-connect-wirelessly-to-the-internet.158976/
Relevancy 19.78%

The (Tp internet connect to 740n) router link via Unable to router worked fine in the past until recently my ISP had a break in the cable line and repaired it Now I am unable to connect to the internet If Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n) I connect the ISP s LAN cable directly to PC windows and do the following steps Control panel gt View network stats and tasks Setup a new connection or network gt Connect to the internet gt Next Broadband PPPOE gt Next Type in username password gt Connect Internet works fine This means there is no problem with the internet connection However if I connect the ISP s LAN cable to the quot blue quot port of the router and the short LAN cable to my PC then do the following steps Open http tplinklogin net It shows me router config page Click Quick setup gt Next Select PPPoE gt Next Type in username password gt Next Leave the Wireless Page untouched gt Next Click Reboot Wait till router reboots It does not work the router page shows quot Connecting quot but does not connect at all Here s the router log TL-WR N System Log Time - - s H-Ver WR N v S-Ver Build Rel n L M W PPPoE W M G st day OTHER INFO User clear system log st day PPP NOTICE PPPoE start connecting st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x de st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x d st day PPP ERROR Timeout waiting for PADO packets st day PPP NOTICE Standard authentication st day PPP INFO pppd start st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x st day PPP INFO sent PADI Host-Uniq x nbsp

A:Unable to connect to internet via router (Tp link 740n)

Please help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-internet-via-router-tp-link-740n.206843/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi. This is my first post on this forum.

I would like to ask some help regarding a problem with my internet connection. Connecting our separate PC and my Laptop to my LAN works perfectly fine but when I use our wireless network to connect my laptop and phone, that's when the problem occurs. I tried rebooting the router (unplugging the power switch, cables and such). And I also tried rebooting my phone and laptop but nothing works. I also tried looking at the router settings and tried changing the security settings to none to see if I can connect but still cant.
I just don't know what the problem is. Can you help me?
Thank you.

A:Can connect to LAN but not on wireless network

Hey strings12. A bit more info on your equipment would be helpful.
1) What is the OS (Operating System) and Service Pack Level of your laptop, SP1,2,3 ?. rIght click on My Computer icon and select Properties
2) Are we talking about one laptop here?
3)Is your router secured and what encryption method are you using, WEP,WPA or WPA2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-to-lan-but-not-on-wireless-network.198872/
Relevancy 18.06%

Please help.. Can't connect to the wifi but using ethernet is working fine.. My phone could connect to the same wifi though
tried to backread some of the threads but didn't work on my laptop

A:Cannot "fully" connect to wifi but works fine on ethernet

Additional info. I am using Atheros AR5006EXS Wireless Network Adapter
and I did deleted the driver and it installed again automatically, but sadly it still doesn't work

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-fully-connect-to-wifi-but-works-fine-on-ethernet.206650/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,
So I have noticed my pc would shut off randomly and its because the 24 volt connector wasn't in all the way so when the pc would move slightly the connector would disconnect itself. When I go to push the 24 volt in all the way it wont clip onto the clip on the motherboard. It will stay in but it wont fully go in and I can easily just pull it out or it will just fall out from movement. Any ideas how to fix this?
Motherboard- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130741
PSU- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

A:24 Volt connector wont fully connect to Motherboard

I think it is not 24 volts. it is a 24-pin(also labelled as 20+4pin) , 12volts main power connector.
the slots are designed so that the power connector will slide into the slot to form like a 'lock and key'. to remove it.
see to it that the power connector is inserted in the right direction as shown in the pics (towards the side):

edit, any moderator: please delete this post.
(my second post to this thread is more 'presentable')

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/24-volt-connector-wont-fully-connect-to-motherboard.206189/
Relevancy 21.07%

I'm attempting to connect my laptop to my Wi-Fi but I'm having problems. I'm able to connect other devices with no problems, but when I try connection my laptop I get a "limited connection" message with a yellow triangle. Someone please help!! Tell me what info about my laptop you need from me.

A:Unable to connect to Wi-Fi

"Other devices"? Do you mean other WiFi networks? If so, then reboot your router. Also make sure your laptop's wireless can handle what your router is outputting (ac, n? 2.4vs5.8Ghz).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wi-fi.205919/
Relevancy 26.66%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi all,

I have a problem that I can't connect through wifi in windows vista home premium, but I can using LAN or using wifi in ubuntu. Please if can anyone help as it is urgent to me.
@jobeard

A:Can't connect through wifi but have a connection through LAN

see this thread and supply that data in your follow-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-through-wifi-but-have-a-connection-through-lan.205081/
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 20.64%

My laptop keeps saying default gateway not accessible even though it has all the routers information

A:Laptop won't connect to wifi

Give a little more information. Such as what OS. Make and model so forth. This way someone can help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi.204349/
Relevancy 20.21%

So my laptop will not connect to the internet only by the ethernet cable. Ive made sure my wifi is on but for some reason everytime I click troubleshooting it will only tell me to try to connect to the ethernet cable. I tried to find different interney connection or try to disconnect to my router but that option does not even show up.

Ive gone through device manager n unstall things like the newtwork adapter of course after I restrted the computer itll reinstall it. Ive tried the options of restarting the router try to turn off the wifi restarting a an d reconnecting. Please help!! Lol

A:My laptop wont connect to the internet

I have a laptop and use wired connection when at home. Laptops typically have an enable/disable key or switch for the wifi - - on my Dell, <fn>F2 toggles wifi on/off.
I normally run with it off and the device manager looks like this

EVEN when F2 has it disabled! Notice, no red/yellow flags because it's just fine.

The system tray (for a wired connection) looks like

and IF I enable wifi, it changes to

*** SO BE SURE your wifi is 'enabled' (that is not the same as the device mgr enbled)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet.204212/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have had an HP laptop for 1 year and it has worked on the internet perfectly fine. My wireless router turned off one day while I was using the internet and after it turned back on my laptop would not connect back to the wireless. I have tried connecting my laptop to hotspot from my phone and tried connecting it to the internet modem with a cord but neither would work. Please Help!

A:HP laptop will no longer connect to the internet

You may need to buy an external WiFi adapter like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320176

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-will-no-longer-connect-to-the-internet.203700/
Relevancy 20.21%

I built a gaming PC and it wont connect to the monitor. Also the keyboard and mouse won't turn on.
My graphics card is a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 700

A:Built own computer, but it wont connect to monitor

Could you please provide the specs for your build? Need to list the exact parts you used, including make and model. It makes things easier to help with diagnosing your issue or issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/built-own-computer-but-it-wont-connect-to-monitor.203102/
Relevancy 20.21%

As the title says I'm trying to connect my HP3050 printer to my computer wirelessly. Problem is I get this:

The story goes that in the past week or so we swapped to a different internet provider and have swapped out the old modem/router for one that the new company has provided.
Prior to this no problems at all.

How do I counter this, I.e. remove the problem of what appears to be the availability of two routers, the new and the old?

Thanks,
Tom.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-my-hp3050-printer-wirelessly.202822/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 19.35%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi all,
I am writing because from few weeks I can not solve this problem of connection:
if the computer is in safe mode there aren't problems, while in normal mode, the following programs don't connect / update:
Internet Explorer 11, Dropbox, Malwarebytes, Mozilla Thunderbird, Flash player update, Java update, StartUp Delayer.

While Firefox, Chrome, Emsisoft Anti-Malware (Antivirus), Online Armor (firewall), and other programs work and update normally.

I've tried and tried various "solutions" found in the Web and in the Forums, but without any result.

I noticed that Dropbox and StartUp Delayer "tell" me that's is probably a Proxy problem.
I honestly have never used a proxy, and tried in every way possible to disable any proxy, but nothing changed, same issue.

I tried uninstalling antivirus and firewall, but the issue still remain, the same as resetting the connection settings and even Windows Firewall (which is usually disabled).

This problem is present both with ethernet connection and wireless.
I use a HP dv6000 notebook with Windows Professional 64bit.

I thank you if you can help me, because I really don't know how to fix this problem =/

Thank you,
Elia

A:Windows 7 - only connect to internet in Safe Mode with some softwares

I MIRACULOUSLY solved this situation!

Among the many details I forgot to say that for the connection I use a router, and after several attempts to copy the settings from a computer connected to the same network, I tried to enter the DNS entry of the parameter TCP/IPv4 (in connection properties) 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.7 ..and all began to work perfectly.

I can not explain, howeve, why the other computer works even without these two values.

But I'm happy that this (strange) situation is solved, and hope this can help someone else

Have a nice day,
Elia

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-only-connect-to-internet-in-safe-mode-with-some-softwares.202509/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a D-Link DSL-2741B router, Internet via LAN cable is working normally but over wereless me the real problem can not be conect.Try I have a laptop and a mobile phone. I reset the router and re-configured, but still can not connect to wereless.Of laptp I did a new system of Windows 8, installed new drivers, I've tried but will.Problems originated from before 2-3 days. Please help if someone has a solution. thank you

PS: Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated.

A:I can not connect to wireless

Look at the device manager (CP->Computer Mgmt->device mgr) and expand [+] Network adapters. If there are yellow or red marks, then the driver is at fault.

If not, then it's the settings of one of these:

the adapter
the firewall
the router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-not-connect-to-wireless.202161/
Relevancy 20.21%

My laptop does not identify my home wifi... while my phone, Ipad and work laptop all identify and connect. it identifies very rarely and this started about a few weeks ago..

this same laptop identifies other wifis but not my home WIFI... even while I am next to it.. it connects very easily when I connect a ethernet cable...

what could be wrong.. please help

Shantanu

A:Why wont my laptop connect to my WIFI

Specs on your laptop would be a big help.
Other than that, is there a switch you need to turn/switch on?
How old is this laptop?
Give more info so we don't have to play 20 questions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-wont-my-laptop-connect-to-my-wifi.202025/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello guyz, I am using 2 laptops, I am able to connect to internet with one laptop but not with other laptop, both have same configuration, windows 7 os, and ip is automatically assigned... I can see the IP Address on the laptop, and tried with different browsers, but not able to browse any page, and have tried with both cable and wireless. another laptop works fine. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-able-to-connect-to-internet-through-my-laptop.201281/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello. I am a complete newbie to server administration. At my current job, I have been tasked with setting up a deployment server. The server is a Windows 2008 server and is not connected to the Internet. The server is a domain controller on its own domain (different from the main domain my job uses). How would I connect this server to the Internet without disrupting other users on the network? By disrupting, I mean connecting to my server instead of the main server for DNS and DHCP. The server has Active Directory Domain Services, DNS, DHCP, and WDS roles set-up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-server-to-the-internet-without-disrupting-other-computers-on-network.200167/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 on my pc and try to connect to my home wireless connection .
every time I try to connect and enter the password, it won't be connected.
However, I'm using my laptop and phone to connect and it worked properly.

Please help my problem
Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

How is your wireless Configured. I have seen many issues when using mixed mode in certain Linksys or Cisco Products. What kind of adapter are you using on y our PC for wireless Connection? Has it ever worked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-connection.199928/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi I m having a problem that I gather is fairly common with Windows machines but I haven t been able to find the same case in other threads nor a workable solution among similar cases I have two Windows computers the main laptop on Win and a hybrid tablet on Win I would like drive Win8.1 Trying connect to network to a for both devices to be able to access each other via my home network So for both devices I ve set the network settings to home private I turned on file sharing and discovery and even joined both devices to the same homegroup The end result is that my Win tablet can access my Win laptop both through the homegroup and through direct network access The problem is that my Win laptop cannot do either of those with regard to the tablet in all Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive cases I get the network error message that I cannot access the location and should check it for spelling To try to solve this issue I have attempted -Turning off the Windows firewall on my Win tablet -Looking around to see if I could find my Win tablet to unwittingly belong to some sort of domain have not been able to figure that out The odd thing is that I also tried to test out the network by setting up iTunes on both devices and setting them to share their music libraries via home share and sure enough both devices could access each other s libraries Similarly I was able to access my tablet from my Win laptop through a Remote Assistance invitation Would very much appreciate any advice I can get here Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Trying to connect to a Win8.1 network drive

Which Windows 8.1 tablet is this Pro or RT? RT your can't not x86 or x64. Pro you can. Disable Homegroup. Use Workgroup and call it something other than Workgroup like: DANET for example
So do this on laptop and tablet. On laptop make sure the folder is shared out to you the admin or your name example Dan.

So you should have local account on your system called Dan with admin rights. Back on the tablet side you need to create a local account. Did you setup Microsoft account so your login with that account only. You need to create a local account and start using that. It can be done to access the Microsoft account while being on local account while your at home.

If away from home then sign on to Microsoft account to access the cloud features. Or still use the local account and have Microsoft account to access store and skydrive (aka onedrive).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-to-a-win8-1-network-drive.199866/
Relevancy 20.21%

On my pc f12 is the Internet botton I clicked it and airplane mode came on I clicked it again and it wouldent let me connect bk pls help me :/

A:I clicked wrong button and now I can't connect to internet

Did you find the right button to click to get back on the Internet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-clicked-wrong-button-and-now-i-cant-connect-to-internet.199023/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello
guys please I need your help, my laptop keep saying
Unable to connect to the proxy server what can I do to fit it please

A:Unable to connect to the proxy server

You are getting this message because the laptop can't find a wireless network to connect to...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-the-proxy-server.199618/
Relevancy 20.21%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 21.07%

HELP Today PC Connect Won't To Router my computer refuses to connect to the internet Acer PC running Windows xp-sp Router is Belkin n f k v If I connect my cable modem directly to my PC I can access the internet without any problem modem PC Won't Connect To Router is fine If I connect the router to my laptop all lights blink and I can access PC Won't Connect To Router it with router data cable fine but as soon as I run it with my pc and router I can no longer reach the internet neither can I access it just cannot find it So here is what I tried Rebooting the router and PC many times Did hard reset - times So basically all of a sudden my PC refuses to see the router that is plugged into it I am not at all a tech savvy so I might sound dumb while saying this but I noticed that there is only ethernet card shown under network adapters and no wireless card Local area connection shows only sent packets no received packets Does one need to have wireless card to use pc as access point If my net was working fine before couple of days was it because of the wireless card and now it has gone nuts for some reason Any help or ideas Thanks nbsp

A:PC Won't Connect To Router

Hey dexterbo7. Do you see an Internet led lit on the router after it is connected then powered on?
I assume you connect by Ethernet cable and not wirelessly. Have you ever connected wirelessly?
If the Internet led on and you can't connect with a known good cable in either of the 4 LAN ports, it sounds to me like a router gone bad, but before I try another or trash it, I would first:

Go to the link and download SP3,apply it and reboot
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=24

If still no good, see if there is a firmware update for your router and apply it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-connect-to-router.199121/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello,
I really need help, please

So, 3 days ago I was connected to my wifi through wireless just fine
But now, whenever I try to connect, it says "unable to connect"
The signal is fine, the password is right, it would try "connecting" but ends up "unable to connect"
Been working fine all along and suddenly this occur

So, I tried to plug in the LAN cable and through the ethernet, it could connect fine!!

I have no idea why this is! PLEASE HELP!!

My computer: WINDOWS XP (32 bit/Home Edition/Version 2002/Service Pack 3)
Wireless: Intel PROSet/Wireless 14.3.1

A:Could not connect to wifi through wireless but could with LAN ethernet

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-connect-to-wifi-through-wireless-but-could-with-lan-ethernet.198992/
Relevancy 20.21%

Set up a wireless connection, got my other 2 comps working but on my sony vaio laptop, the internet explorer won't come up. I choose detect problem and it said something about putting proxy settings in, not sure what to do. can someone help?!

A:Sony VAIO won't connect to Internet

Follow this similar steps, for only first two steps. http://www.usproxy.tv/setup.html

You can chose to put your proxy stuff in there, or you can set it as no proxy, but remember to check the box of "Automatically detect settings".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-wont-connect-to-internet.168226/
Relevancy 19.78%

Howdy all The amazing folks at Tech Spot saved my bacon many moons back helping me fix a virus laden laptop for Brand New to can't HP connect 17 Internet Envy Quad Touchsmart my sick kid And so I turn to Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet you with my latest computer nightmare and beg of your assistance once again I just bought a new HP ENVY TouchSmart t-j Quad Edition Notebook PC ENERGY STAR for my daughter for Christmas It arrived yesterday and I opened it up to start preloading her software onto it so she can have it ready to go Christmas morning Unfortunately the thing just won t let me get connected to the internet via wifi It is using an Intel Wireless-N adapter running Windows factory installed I have tried everything I could think of - using Intel drivers instead of Microsoft ones resetting WINSOCK flushing the DNS using a static IP instead of dynamic the works Nothing appears to be working The device can clearly see my network - it shows up on the list of connections and validates my security information running standard WEP security - not the best I know but it s easier for the multitude of tech I have on my network all of which connects fine but it only gives me limited access and does not want to connect to the network or the internet My base system is running Windows My router is a Netgear Rangemax Wireless-N Gigabit Router WNR v I have not tried a hardwire connection yet as I really need this to be a wireless device Help me TechSpot Gurus you re my only hope nbsp

A:Brand New HP Envy Touchsmart 17 Quad can't connect to Internet

Hey Mark. I would connect to the Net by cable and allow it to get any OS updates and/or driver updates before I change any settings.While online,try to connect wirelessly to see if it finds any updates quicker.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-hp-envy-touchsmart-17-quad-cant-connect-to-internet.198670/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a COMPAQ PC with windows 7 on it and a wireless adapter called a "TwinMOS Wireless LAN Client Adapter IEEE: 802.11b 2.4GHz/11mbs"

I tried putting it into my computer when it was running Vista (It's factory-included OS) and it would show the other wireless networks as well as the ones in my neighborhood but it wouldn't connect to them. It kept saying there was some unknown reason blocking the connection to the router.
What can I do to make this adapter work? I don't wanna buy a new one.

Now, slightly less relevant question: I have a couple old laptops, could I use their WLAN cards on my PC or does it not work that way?

A:Can see other networks but can't connect

Did the TwinMOS wireless LAN come with a CD? If so, it might have the software/drivers on it necessary to use the wifi.Als, did it come with ANY other info?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-see-other-networks-but-cant-connect.198424/
Relevancy 20.64%

Every other device in the house connects to the wi-fi, but when I try to connect from my desktop computer, it won't take the network key. Every time I enter the password, the window just pops back up asking for it again. I've checked the network key on other devices, and it is definitely correct. What might be the problem?

A:One Computer Won't Connect to Internet

Hey theoxeny. Is this desktop pc also connected to the router by Ethernet cable
Did this pc ever connect wirelessly
What OS is the desktop running, and which level of encryption,WPA,WPA2 or WEP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-wont-connect-to-internet.197497/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am stuck Also I apologize in advance if this is not in the right forum I am trying to work on a friend s Windows desktop PC Dell Inspiron at my house but I cannot connect to my home network or the internet to download network Cannot or to PC connect internet malware scanners removal tools updates to MBAM etc First I was trying with a wireless adapter that it known to be good The network sharing center would say it was connected to the network but there was no internet connection Then I tried plugging in an Ethernet cable The network sharing center just kept saying quot searching for network quot but never would connect I tried disabling then re-enabling the network adaptor and I reinstalled the driver Networking is not my strong suit so is there some setting I may be overlooking It appears the PC on which I am working is already part of a homegroup do I need to leave that group then try to join my existing one set up through my own Win amp PC I don t care about sharing files across Cannot connect PC to network or internet the network in fact I prefer not to in case this thing really is infected I just want internet access on this machine Could some sort of malware be blocking access I sort of doubt this since it was working fine at their home before they brought it to me I could not find any router settings or firewall entries that appeared to be blocking access ZyXEL PK Z DSL modem router provided by CenturyLink Do I need to call my ISP tomorrow Thanks again this community has always been helpful to me nbsp

A:Cannot connect PC to network or internet

Make sure the adaptor isn't set to 'share connection'.

Try using a static IP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-pc-to-network-or-internet.197294/
Relevancy 20.64%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 20.64%

Is it possible umm my Main router is zyxel p-660hn-t1a and my other router is Prolink H5004N Thanks I want to connect them and use the pro link as a extension signal is it possible?

A:How to connect 2 Modem router?

In my views this type of connection will not work...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-connect-2-modem-router.196355/
Relevancy 21.07%

I aint had this problem till now.. I am using a Dell Inspiron running windows 7 home premium and my wireless connects but when I try to download something it will disconnect, then find it again then reconnect over and over again.. till the download is finished then stay connected.. I dont have any problems while searching thro websites but only when I go to download something.. I dont know what the problem is and I need some help I have tried alot of things to try and fix this.. anyone that knows what is going on or knows how I can fix this please any help is welcome..

A:Wireless connect

1st of all make sure u got the latest driver for your wireless go to start computer system properties device manager and check for and yellow exclamation marks u could downlaod latest driver from website www.dell.com/support if this all fails then try
please take a look at the below forum discussion link where the same issue is been discussed.
http://social.answers.microsoft.com...k/thread/e834b67f-12ae-4b3c-aa13-af27553350bd
This issue may occur if the Enable IEEE 802.1X authentication for this network check box is selected. If this check box is selected, but there is no server to authenticate against, the connection is disconnected. If you reestablish the wireless network connection, it disconnects again after a short time.

Method 1: Disable IEEE 802.1X authentication
To disable IEEE 802.1X authentication, follow these steps:

Click Start, type ncpa.cpl, and then hit Enter.
Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click Properties.
Click the Wireless Networks tab.
Under Preferred networks, click your wireless network, and then click Properties.
Click the Authentication tab, click to clear the Enable IEEE 802.1X authentication for this network check box, and then click OK two times.

Method 2: Remove and re-create the wireless network connection
To remove and re-create the wireless network connection, follow these steps:

Click Start, type ncpa.cpl, and then hit Enter.
Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click Properties.
Click the Wireless Networks tab.
Under Preferred networks, click your wireless network, and then click Remove.
Click View Wireless Networks.
Under Network Tasks, click Refresh Network List.
Under Choose a wireless network, click the wireless network to which you want to connect, and then click Connect.
Also I would recommend you to update the network adapter drivers and check.

Regards,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connect.194374/
Relevancy 20.64%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-access-database-issues.194266/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello I m not Works Connect Won't Ethernet Wireless sure if this is in the right place but here goes Yesterday the wireless was going slow so I Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect accessed the router and changed the WPA Pre-Shared Key to something more complex and difficult to guess After that it would still connect to wireless but it wouldn t load pages quickly or at all Then it stopped connecting to my wireless network altogether I m writing this post with my Ethernet cable plugged in and it works perfectly fine I ran Windows troubleshooter while still able to connect to wireless Results were that the problem had something to do with Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect the DNS Server Since then I ve tried winsock fix flushdns ipconfig in cmd resetting the wireless WPA Pre-Shared Key back to the original changing the Preferred and Alternate DNS servers powering off my Thomson router I ve tried to cmd - ipconfig release renew but it says the media is disconnected and it can t perform that operation Any help would be great -Scott nbsp

A:Ethernet Works Wireless Won't Connect

How far is the computer from the router? Are there any walls,floors it has to go thru?
Personally, I'd stick with the ethernet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-works-wireless-wont-connect.193718/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello guys
Since yesterday I have encountered a strange problem . I used to connect to the internet through my wifi as usual , but since yesterday it just wont connect to internet and shows Cant connect to ''''''' . All the other laptops in my house are able to connect to internet via wifi , but my laptop can't . So guys can you please pin point the problem ?
Your help will be really appreciated

A:All the laptop's can connect to internet but not mine in my house?

What operating system? You need to 'forget' the wifi network and re-add it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-the-laptops-can-connect-to-internet-but-not-mine-in-my-house.192739/
Relevancy 19.78%

Just hooked up to att uverse ,they installed a att200 modem/router ,I have 12 mbps internet. I cant seem to make it hook up to the router
I have tried to enter the info on the printer keypad and throught the computer. computer is pent. 4 ,xp,

I was able to connect my laptop and kindle to the router.
I am not sure if the printer is recognizing the router or vice versa.
in general I dont know what is happening

I just found out it will print from my laptop,so I think my printer is connecting to the router,correct?
just tried to print from laptop again and did not work.
the wifi light on the printer is off.
it used to work great with the other router before att upgraded me

Printer is a epson workforce 520

It is a motorola router

A:AT&T installed new router/modem now my printer will not connect wifi

It worked, then didn't work? What? :S

Maybe check the wifi encryption. Make surei t's WPA2 and not anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/at-t-installed-new-router-modem-now-my-printer-will-not-connect-wifi.192245/
Relevancy 21.07%

I am using a Gateway laptop with XP and have service pack 3 installed.
I am trying to connect to the internet and it keeps trying to connect (acquiring network address) but never quite connects. Our other computers connect fine. I use this laptop in our other home and it connects fine. I went out and bought a zyxel wireless N adapter and installed it, and I cannot connect through this either. I have checked password from other computers and it is correct.
Please, what do I check now???? Tell me what to ping etc.

A:Cannot connect to internet

First use IPCONFIG /ALL and look at the line NODE TYPE - - should read Hybrid

Does it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-internet.192183/
Relevancy 21.07%

I just bought a new laptop today. HP m6-1225dr, running, unfortunately, Windows 8

I cannot to connect to wifi. Eventually, not sure how I finally got it to work since it wasn't at first, I can connect when the ethernet cable is plugged into the router. I called HP and they kept telling me to call comcast, even though NOTHING is showing up.

It says "wi-fi no networks found" - not sure what else to do. I'm in control panel and when I try to manually connect it says an unexpected error occurred.

I downloaded, from my other computer, network drivers I found on the hp website, which is why I think I was able to connect with the ethernet.

Please help. Thanks!

A:New HP - Cannot connect to wifi

I randomly got it to work. Nevermind LOL.

Thanks anyway!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hp-cannot-connect-to-wifi.191902/
Relevancy 20.21%

How do I solve this? I have the following anti virus/malware programmes (I realise I probably have to uninstall some as I have too many, but which ones shall I uninstall?):

avast
spybot - search & destroy
malwarebytes
superantispyware

A:My laptop won't connect to the internet -- only will in safe mode

First, let's see about accessing the net itself - -

get a command prompt (start->run->cmd OR start->search->cmd)

enter PING 8.8.8.8
and then PING GOOGLE.COM

both of these should show timing results and neither should timeout or have errors.

post back with your results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-the-internet-only-will-in-safe-mode.191091/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello, I have a Dell desktop PC purchased in 2009 that works great except it will not connect to the internet anymore. I run Windows 7 and have tried enabling DHCP under adapter properties but to no avail. Also installed latest driver (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) and still won't work. When I try ipconfig/remove and renew, it returns "the operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation." Below is ipconfig/all:

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig/all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : StudioXPS9000
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Can't connect to Internet even with new drivers

I think a first step here is to go to Device Manager and remove any/all network adapters you see there, and then reboot.

Second step would be to get the network adapter driver from Dell's site for your dell desktop and Windows 7.

If step 2 is able to be done (like they don't have a win 7 driver for it) you should still see something in Device Manager even if you don't have a proper driver for it. Windows should be able to give you a hardware ID for it, google that and get the Win 7 driver from the chipset provider/manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-even-with-new-drivers.190993/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under Ģ200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello, I have a dell inspiron b130 that I've built from scratch, long story! anyway my wifi will work if I manualy install ip address. however it will not work when switched to auto. it worked wonerfuly until I installed windows xp sp3. I worked on it for 2 days to get it to work, nothing. eventualy I uninstalled sp3 now I have this problem. another prob I'm ha'ven is that I can not find a driver for the ethernet controller. I find files but they dont load onto cump. the pci card is broadcom 170c aka 4401 I have gotten downloads from dell and broadcom both do same thing. some help would be nice, thanks

A:Dell laptop Wi-Fi will not connect automatically, ethernet broke

Not mentioning your OS is part of the problem here.
I recently re did a Vista, (tower) turned into XP Pro & could get wifi but no ethernet.
After installing ALL the updates, I finally got my ethernet.
I would suggest putting SP3 back & on not being too concerned about wifi yet.
Hopefully someone else can help you further.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-wi-fi-will-not-connect-automatically-ethernet-broke.190528/
Relevancy 19.78%

Connect vista to wireless home network

how can I connect a vista laptop to existing wireless home network with other 3 xp machines.

I followed googled info but keep chasing my tail as all effords end trying to make an internet connection.

My router is Negear wired & wireless capable in which 2 PCs are wired & an Acer netbook wireless connected, all 3 XP machines.

Hewlett-Packard Compaq Presario CQ61 Notebook PC
2.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium Dual-Core
160gb HD, 3GB Ram
32 operating system

A:Connect Vista laptop to XP wireless home network

How to connect to a wireless network in Windows Vista.

Come back if you have problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-vista-laptop-to-xp-wireless-home-network.189516/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just switched ISPs and now have a Pace HGV gateway TV amp internet which I ve connected to a Cisco Linksys E wireless router router to gateway Connect wireless 3801HGV I have the cable plugged into one of the gateway s ports and the other Connect wireless router to 3801HGV gateway end into the WAN internet port of the wireless router I find that I lose the internet access periodically and need to quot Connect wireless router to 3801HGV gateway reboot quot my E to restore internet access Why is this occurring and how can I rectify this I did not have this problem when I had my cable Connect wireless router to 3801HGV gateway modem plugged into the E I want to keep my network setup from the E to my wired and wireless computers so don t want to use the wireless built into the gateway I m relatively new to this so please let me know what settings to make on the gateway etc I m able to access the configuration menu on the gateway but not sure what to change Thanks very much for any help -G nbsp

A:Connect wireless router to 3801HGV gateway

Linksys E2000 wireless routerClick to expand...

That's a dual-mode capable device (5ghz/2.4ghz)
and the comments are

# Pros:
Very fast setup. Great 5 GHz throughput. Decent 2.4-GHz throughput. Simple setup great for newbies.
#Cons
Some performance degradation with use. Throughput drops off quickly with distance
## Bottom Line
This router's best assets are its ease of setup and throughput at the 5 GHz band. It's best for those wanting to cover smaller spaces, however, as its long-distance performance isn't stellar.

Pace 3801HGVClick to expand...

that's a B/G mode device with user controlled RF Power settings

HyperG Wireless Functionality
802.11g wireless access point, backwards compatible with 802.11b
10 power settings available through gateway user interface,
up to 400mW, for both 802.11b and 802.11g, configurable via CMS
WEP64, 128, WPA, 802.1x
Multi-SSID
With two WiFi devices, they will interfer with each other on the G-Mode which is
common between your devices and the most likely the mode your systems are using.

Here are your choices

Move all your systems to the N-Mode 5gz, but only if they all can support N-Mode.
Disable the Pace 3801HGV WiFi portion and you should be able to leave all the systems as-as

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-wireless-router-to-3801hgv-gateway.177975/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am trying to play Rise of Nations online. I can play a solo game without a problem, but am unable to connect to online games. I think the problem may be that my external IP address can't be pinged (externally). I have a Linksys WRT160 router, Comcast is my internet provider, and I have set up Port Range Forwarding on the Gaming tab of the router, but so far, that hasn't worked. Any ideas?

A:Can't connect online Rise of Nations

What about your firewall you use on your PC? Have you open the ports for what you need to use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-online-rise-of-nations.189132/
Relevancy 20.21%

So computer A(brother) has hosted a minecraft server. Computer B(Me) can connect to it from the outside world. Computer C(Friend) can not connect to it, Also outside world. Computer B is 45 min away where computer C is a 45 sec walk down the rode, same ISP. Any help? We all would greatly appreciate it. Also so same thing is happening with a Teamspeak server, Computer A host, B able to connect, C still nothing.

Note: computer C can get on other Minecraft servers and other Teamspeak servers.
Thanks alot

A:One computer can connect to Minecraft server, another can't

If computer C can connect to other severs then most likely the problem lies in computer A. Check firewall rules, try disabling computer A's firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-computer-can-connect-to-minecraft-server-another-cant.188700/
Relevancy 20.64%

Lately my modem has been acting weird. From time to time every device in the house can't connect to it and whenever I try to connect manually from my laptop it says that 'windows was unabe to connect'. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the signal since even if I'm standing next to it I can't connect. I have tried resetting it twice, the first time I was able to connect afterwards and everything was ok for about two weeks or so, but today it happened again and after resetting I was still not able to connect. Can anyone help me?

A:Can't connect to modem wirelessly

Make/Model of your WiFi router? Have you ever updated the firmware for it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-modem-wirelessly.188554/
Relevancy 20.64%

Wireless adapter - Linksys wireless G wmp54G V4
Router Linksys - E1000 v1

Both no longer available for free tech support.

Running Windows XP on a Acer T180 desktop PC.

On the wireless adapter monitoring system it says "You are connected to the access point but the Internet cannot be found".

I have secure connection but find the setting to enter the network or password.

A:Can't connect fourth PC to Internet

Problem solved. Thanks everyone who read it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-fourth-pc-to-internet.187478/
Relevancy 21.07%

We are using Cisco DPC3825 DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway as our cable modem. I am trying to figure out if there is a way to set it so it connects through proxy. I don't see settings for it in the admin panel. Not sure if it can be done, just would like to avoid setting up a proxy server at home.

A:Can I set it to connect through proxy

Let's make sure we're on the same page - -

A normal ISP connection would be like

Code:
ISP === coax cable ==== Cisco Device ---- up to 4 PCs
The internet connection has already been made to the ISP when the Cisco device is powered on.
The MODEM functions on the coax side are not accessible or configurable.
From the LAN connections, you have the TCP side which is configurable.

Now it you are trying to use a proxy for A single PC, that's not to difficult. If you want something like

Code:
Cisco --- Porxy --- all Pc connections
then there's lots to work on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-set-it-to-connect-through-proxy.187363/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi, I am trying to connect my Macbook Pro to my old Vista PC over ethernet cable but I can't get them to connect. I set up static IP's on both and the PC can ping the Mac but the Mac times out when I try to ping the PC. I even had the Windows firewall turned off. I had already turned on SMB connections in file sharing. They connect fine over wifi but I want to transfer 50gb of files faster.

Thanks.

A:Can't connect to Windows Vista PC from Mac over Ethernet

From what you're saying, it sounds like you're just connecting directly using only an Ethernet cable. However, in order to connect two computers directly, you'll need to use a crossover cable (Ethernet cable with some wires changed on one end). You also have the option of using a network hub or router in between.

Respond if we can help any more. I could be understanding your situation wrong as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-windows-vista-pc-from-mac-over-ethernet.187116/
Relevancy 19.78%

Ok I am helping a friend over the phone and am having trouble identifying why they cannot acquire DNS or even ping the gateway The first laptop connects without fail to laptop to Arris wireless modem connect secondary Cannot the wireless signal where the second laptop is able to see the signal and acquires and ip address of with a gateway of but we are unable to ping the gateway I turned off all security features in the modem and laptops that I could think of it is Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem as simple as an access point right now Is there something I may be missing that needs to be disabled or enabled I have verified that there are no static IP s set and that all is set to obtain automatically when I do an ipconfig release then renew it reads that it cannot be renewed while it has its media disconnected leading me to believe that the wireless was turned off which it is not It is associated to the SSID but with limited connectivity how does it pull an IP and not able to ping the gateway Security is the only thing I can think of any ideas sorry for Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem the limited information as I am not sitting in from of the computers it is ghz channels - auto encryption - open thanks for the help nbsp

A:Cannot connect secondary laptop to Arris wireless modem

What version of windows? Vista and 7 firewall default to deny ping.

ipconfig /release then renew, it reads that it cannot be renewed while it has its media disconnected leading me to believe that the wireless was turned off which it is not.Click to expand...

typical issue.
Get the connection and then

get a command prompt
enter ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt
now look for Node Type . . . ?? should be Hybrid

if not, save the attachment, remove the .TXT suffix and save as .REG
dbl-clicking will fix the registry to make Node Type . . . Hybrid

Disconnect from the router after applying the change - - wait 30 sec - - reconnect.

cannot acquire DNS or even ping the gatewayClick to expand...

the DNS is a real problem and the above should resolve that.

* You alread know how to see the tcp config. Here's how to TEST the DNS:

get the command prompt
ping 8.8.8.8 (good timings says you have a PATH in the Internet)
nslookup 8.8.8.8 (if you get back the name, then dns by address is ok)
nslookup google-public-dns-a.google.com (should show you the address 8.8.8.8)
at this point you should be fine.

* your real issue is Internet access, not ping, not /release and not /renew. Yeah they can be useful
but never impact email or browsing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-secondary-laptop-to-arris-wireless-modem.186214/
Relevancy 21.07%

We just moved into a new apt. All our phone calls have bad reception and dropped calls. Our laptop shows great connection with all bars strong but we can't log on to the Internet however I have no problem with my apple iPad. As an after thought, even our xm radio in our vehicle doesn't work until we pull away from the building. Any ideas on how to fix this without spending a fortune. (Our cable/Internet company says it is our computer however when taken elsewhere, it works fine)

A:Can't connect wirelessly

All our phone calls have bad reception and dropped calls. Our laptop shows great connection with all bars strong but we can't log on to the Internet however I have no problem with my apple iPad. As an after thought, even our xm radio in our vehicle doesn't work until we pull away from the building.Click to expand...

Having worked with shortwave radio, this is a sure sign of

weak signals
interference from other devices nearby
reflection from nearby objects
I've always suffered FM reception problems at home as I live in a hilly area and the signals bounce about badly. Walk across the street and it's all fine, but that doesn't help FM, cell phones & wifi in the house.

Stick with the 2.4GHz wifi as it's better that the 5GHZ in this case. Consider a range extender or access point to boost the signal to other portions of the house.

Lastly, you can use an EoP device to position an access point nearby, eg:

modem==existing router---Eop.Device - - - Remote.Eop---Access Point . . . Wifi connectionsClick to expand...

Here's the EoP device I am using

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-wirelessly.185963/
Relevancy 20.64%

I noticed yesterday that HP was auto-updating wireless updates. After they had finished, my wireless capability was gone. There was a problem with my Intel Centrino N 1030 wireless driver, and have not been able to correct the problem. Also, when I try to restart it takes forever, and I get a notification when it finally does that there was a critical blue-screen error?
Please help!

A:Can't connect wirelessly after update

What version of Windows?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-wirelessly-after-update.185800/
Relevancy 20.64%

Why doesn't my microsoft lifecam work with windows 7? Is there a simple way to fix this problem?

A:Windows 7/Microsoft Lifecam

We would need the model number to tell you a reason to why it is not working, and if there is a fix.. If there is no supported driver for windows7, you may need to attempt to use a Windows Vista driver and run it in compatibility mode.

If these options are not possible, you may have to purchase a new one.

Please reply back with the model of the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-microsoft-lifecam.185668/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I have this problem: I have this new graphic card for my tower PC and I was wondering could I combine my laptop and my tower motherboard so that I can use the graphic card on my laptop?
Or is there another way to use it with my laptop (maybe a adapter or something?)

Relevancy 20.64%

Hi everyone I have had a PS for years and it has always connected to my sky network fine Last week i bought a new laptop and it initially connected to my network and allowed me to access the internet fine However since then ive noticed and to PS3 on when my Laptop only will connect is network ive checked this times to make sure that my laptop will only connect to the network Laptop will only connect to my network when PS3 is on when my PS is turned on My housemates laptop connects to the network fine though Ive double checked all network keys ive reset the router several Laptop will only connect to my network when PS3 is on times ive disabled and then enabled the network card Laptop will only connect to my network when PS3 is on however I still cannot connect to the network without having the PS turned on my ps happens to be in the same room as my laptop when im having this problem however moving closer to the router does not fix this problem Does any one have any information or ideas Im gutted about not being able to use my laptop Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Laptop will only connect to my network when PS3 is on

strange for sure - -

How does the laptop connect to the router (wired v. wireless) and likewise for the PS3?

What router/modem make & Model number are you using and from what ISP do you get service?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-will-only-connect-to-my-network-when-ps3-is-on.157958/
Relevancy 21.07%

I can no longer connect to the wireless internet. I am using my smartphone as a hotspot, and my other devices and computer connect fine, so the problem is with my laptop (running windows 7 Home).
When I run a diagnostic, it says wireless adapter problem, yet when I go to device manager and check out my wireless adapters, it says they are all working properly. I even did a system restore to two days ago when the internet was connecting fine, and it didn't help. I haven't downloaded anything, or changed anything. Networks are showing up, I just cant connect. Please help!

A:Cannot connect to Internet

suggest you connect Win/7 via a wired router to get the system networking,
then move to a WiFi connection on that router,

and now play with using the iPhone as a mobile hotspot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-internet.184363/
Relevancy 21.07%

A week ago I lost the ability to sign in to WGT com and I am using a HP Pavillion laptop This message is written on my wifes Compac to connect WGT.com not Can Presario Can not connect to WGT.com laptop and no problem signing on to WGT com Here is the dilemma I am using the same ISP server for both laptops one working and the other not We are connected to our router Linksys I believed that something was wrong with my HP so I formated the harddrive and reinstalled Vista puuuh lots of work because of all the updates from the last years Well now all is back to normal and the HP runs great as usual So no benefits by reinstalling Vista because I still can not sign in to WGT com Going to WGT com a circle on the left side of the WGT screen stops at and just continue rotate and rotate and doesn t let me in to WGT and still does rotate as I write this message I have been in contact several times with WGT and have received several letters asking me to change ISP and proxys I contacted my ISP and they have checked everything and nothing wrong there I have tried different proxy servers with no result circle is still at and rotating and rotating without letting me in Had a similar problem in January but of course on both laptops and it disapperad after a couple of days I think that my disappoinment is the last mail from WGT read below Hi Ben I m sorry that this is so frustrating but as we predicted last time you had this issue this will happen to you every time we update the game When we have a new release you do not always get the latest version of some files The fact that you were able to play after some time passed last time probably means that your ISP is slowly fetching the correct files and the situation will likely improve over time The problem is caused by a misconfigured proxy that is being used by your ISP There is nothing we can do on our end to resolve this issue for you As we ve said before you have two options that might help Contact your ISP about the fact that your proxy is affecting your WGT experience likely because it is ignoring query string parameters Use another public proxy that bypasses your ISP s proxy The use of this option would have to come at your own risk You will likely experience slower connection speeds and there is a potential security concern if you use the proxy for other non-game activity such as banking etc as the operator of the proxy could potentially be monitoring traffic through their network Otherwise you can just wait like last time to see if things improve over time I m sorry but we can t help you The problem is not on our end it is a proxy issue Thanks WGT Remember we have laptops connected to the same router and ISP but only one connect and the other one doesn t As I said earlier the HP Pavillion has a new Vista installation and runs great and fast wherever I go on Internet and all the games WGT what is the problem IF ONE WORKS SHOULDN T BOTH WORK same connection HELP Bendeswede nbsp

A:Can not connect to WGT.com

Hey I know this was posted over 2 years ago but I have exactly the same trouble with wgt.com on my new laptop. Has anyone found an answer to this one yet?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-not-connect-to-wgt-com.143774/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all! Please help! My wife's notebook, (ASUS G71GX, Win 7, wireless card Atheros AR928X), wireless connection to our home LAN (D-Link DIR-655) suddenly stopped. It shows the available networks, but cannot connect to it. The hardware manager shows no problem with the wireless card.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but could it be the drivers, not the hardware? So far, I uninstalled and re-installed the driver for the AR928X. No changes, but maybe I didn't do it right.

Could someone help out, please?

A:Wireless reads but cannot connect to network... is it drivers?

Never mind. Thanks. I ended up deleting my home network, and then re-creating it. That solved the problem, even though I still do not understand how that worked

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-reads-but-cannot-connect-to-network-is-it-drivers.182393/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a mixture of domain and workgroup computers on the network and wan to have them all visible in Microsfot Windows Network My Network Place Group - Machine amp Machine are on workgroupA with its not Computer Microsoft in visible Windows Network own subnet and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are on the domain and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are also on the domain however on a different subnet and it too can see each other fine If I am on Machine it only sees Machine When I am on Machine it can not see Machine or however it can see Machine The same goes for Machine can t see any other machine except Machine even though its on the domain I have a WINS server in place in Group and it WINS see all the machines as Active Registrations But when I go into My Network Places on the WINS server it only sees machines in Group which are Machine amp Machine DNS entries are setup correctly with correct hostname and IP so I m lost as to what is happening here Sorry of this sounds confusing nbsp

A:Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

My understanding is that

a given system(A) may be attached to a domain OR
unattached and accessed in a workgroup; mutually exclusive.
That says your request is not possible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-visible-in-microsoft-windows-network.181851/
Relevancy 20.21%

My 6 month old i7 Samsung laptop with windows 7 has suddenly stopped connecting wirelessly to my router (HG 520b Echolife). I have done numerous checks with my IP address within the basic function and everything appears fine. WLAN settings all fine.My laptop will connect fine direct to the ethernet connection in the back of the router and works fine from there. When I disconnect and try wirelessly, it indicates a strong signal on my network but when I try to connect (with the correct security code etc) it goes it to windows troubleshooter and fails every time. My friends android phone allows my laptop to connect to his wireless network?? and his phone can access my network from the same router. I am totally baffled about this. Can any one help with this?? I forgot to mention it had connected fine for at least 6 months.

A:Laptop suddenly won't connect wirelessly

It sounds you need need to completely remove the wireless driver on your laptop & then reinstall it. Connect your laptop to the net with a cable, download the wireless driver to your desktop, uninstall the wireless driver, reboot and install the wireless driver again and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-wont-connect-wirelessly.182199/
Relevancy 20.21%

I'm using Windows 7, a ASUS X54C Notebook and a DLink WBR-1310 router.

For some reason when I reboot my notebook, the wireless compatibility doen't want to automatically connect to my wireless access point. I have to manually click the wireless icon on the task bar to let the troubleshooter connect my notebook to the internet.

I already have the options under properties and services.msc via WLAN AutoConfig enabled to connect automatically at start up, but that doesn't seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas?

A:How do I set my notebook to automatically connect at startup?

Slick21 said:

I'm using Windows 7, a ASUS X54C Notebook and a DLink WBR-1310 router.

For some reason when I reboot my notebook, the wireless compatibility doen't want to automatically connect to my wireless access point. I have to manually click the wireless icon on the task bar to let the troubleshooter connect my notebook to the internet.

I already have the options under properties and services.msc via WLAN AutoConfig enabled to connect automatically at start up, but that doesn't seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas?Click to expand...

I don't know if this will help,but I don't think it'll hurt. http://computer.howstuffworks.com/how-to-set-up-wifi-laptop.htm
I fixed a friends W7 wireless connection last week but don't remember the steps,good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-set-my-notebook-to-automatically-connect-at-startup.181933/