Windows Support Forum

touch screen not work

Q: touch screen not work

my lap top
HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-n033tx Ultrabook (ENERGY STAR)
Model #: F2C48PA
windows 8 64
delete windows and recovery and install windows 10 64
touch screen not work no drive found in web site hp
all vido in youtube see but not work

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touch-screen-not-work/td-p/5845514
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: touch screen not work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello,I am desperate for help. My laptop will turn on. And I can type in my password. But then when the computer loads it takes a very long time and when it gets to the desktop the keyboard, the mouse, the touchpad, and the touch screen won't work. I can see everything on my desktop. But I cannot open anything or do anything at all. How can I fix this?Thank you!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-mouse-touch-pad-and-touch-screen-won-t-work/td-p/5824972
Relevancy 64.07%

so heres the deal i have a imo touch screen that i use as a main screen (dummie) and when windows 7 uploads it doesnt show the windows symbol the screen is black until the windows startup sound comes on and the main destop comes up . is there a way i can change this in DOS so my usb touch screen will work before windows boots. i have a VGA flip down that i havent installed yet and i was hoping to get the touch screen to work in DOS

A:can a touch screen work in dos

OK, if I read that right, you are missing the Windows 7 Boot Animation. I'm not sure if these links will help but its some place to start.
No windows 7 boot animation
No boot animation for Windows 7? [Archive] - My Digital Life Forums
Oh, thats not DOS, there is no DOS in Windows 7. There is a command shell that you can launch from Windows but its not DOS. The first text based screen you see during boot up is the BIOS POST screen and or your Video cards BIOS screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/227123-can-touch-screen-work-dos.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have an HP ENVY TouchSmart Windows and -bit operating system and yesterday my touch screen was working fine and today I turn on my laptop and it doesn't work at all Keyboard works fine mouse works fine everything but the touchscreen I thought it could be complications from a very recent update but It was updated on the th Under my system information it says Pen and Touch No Pen or Touch Input Work Touch Not Will Screen is available for this display I don't know if that's unusual nbsp I've restarted it and tried steps to fix the problem like calibrate my screen but i can't seem to find the settings to it In my Device Manager settings I can't seem to find anything relating to touchscreen nbsp Touch Screen Will Not Work software if there is any I take good care of my laptop but I don't know the first thing about it There is no damage to it nbsp nbsp When troubleshooting Hardware and Devices The driver for eGalaxTouch EXC - - is not installed Problems found eGalaxTouch EXC - - doesn't have a driver-Not fixed nbsp Hardware changes might not have been detected-Detected nbsp I've checked if anything neds to be updated nbsp I dont know what to do from here Is there anything that I need to install nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-Screen-Will-Not-Work/td-p/5745815
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi i had my nbsp motherboard replaced due nbsp some manufacturing fault work screen Flex Touch does win... after 2 Pro-15 not When i got my laptop back it wasn t working Flex 2 Pro-15 Touch screen does not work after win... quite well so i decided to reinstal operating system I used Backup button and restored my laptop to initial settings This got me properly working laptop with win Afrer i upgraded to win my touch screen stoped working so i did a little research and found some topics with similar problems but any of those nbsp didn t solve my problem nbsp nbsp This is screenshot of my deice Flex 2 Pro-15 Touch screen does not work after win... manager that unknown USB is my touch screen it says unknown USB device descriptor Flex 2 Pro-15 Touch screen does not work after win... request failed I tried uninstal this driver when i do that my touch screen starts working for like seconds and than it stops working again By the way this is rare to see box called HID in my device manager usually it doesn t even show up I tried update drivers through windows update That didn t nbsp change a thing so i update almost every driver manually i download all of them from official lenovo support site And guess what that did not worked eather I am not sure which other solution i tried because am trying to solve this problem for quite long time but i feel like i tried everything even reinstaling win and didn t even get close to solving this issue Do you have some idea how to solve this problem Sorry for grammar mistakes

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-2-Pro-15-Touch-screen-does-not-work-after-win-10/td-p/3427135
Relevancy 63.64%

The touchscreen on my Yoga 260 isin't working. I first noticed this problem when the screen was acting wierdly. When you tap on your yoga a light circle appears and fades over time to mark or show where you tapped and when you swipe a trail or tail appears behind of where you swiped then disappears over time. So when I opened my Yoga these taps and swipes were appearing all over the screen ramdomly in a very rapid pace. So I restarted my Yoga and saw that the swipes and taps were still there. So I chose to restart the Yoga again and the taps and swipes dissapered. After that I noticed that the touchscreen became unresponsive but the computer runs as normal butthe screen is unresponsive. Before I discovered the problem I could remember dropped the computer a small height but caught it. If there's a solution to this problem I'm happy to listen! Thanks. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Touch-Screen-doesn-t-work/td-p/3467002
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,thanks a lot from hp companyI bought hp envy k212ne last week and I removed ubuntu and I installed windows 8.1 and I downloaded all of the drivers for my laptop from hp support .In addition before I install drivers in my laptop , I saw pen and touch in my control panel , but now it isn't there.Then I went to device manager (Human Interface Devices ) but I didn't saw HID-COMPLIANT TOUCH SCREEN ,there.So I need your help .Plz help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/touch-screen-doesn-t-work/td-p/5646116
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,thanks a lot from hp companyI bought hp envy k212ne last week and I removed ubuntu and I installed windows 8.1 and I downloaded all of the drivers for my laptop from hp support .In addition before I install drivers in my laptop , I saw pen and touch in my control panel , but now it isn't there.Then I went to device manager (Human Interface Devices ) but I didn't saw HID-COMPLIANT TOUCH SCREEN ,there.So I need your help .Plz help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touch-screen-doesn-t-work/td-p/5646116
Relevancy 63.64%

I just purchased this laptop yesterday, 9/12, and it was working perfectly fine until today. I was working on it and the touch screen stopped working so I can only use the keypad. I'm wondering if something went wrong with the laptop or if it can be easily fixed!!

A:Touch Screen Doesn't Work

@Laurenmh                                                       Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips!Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out!Let us begin! As I understand the touchscreen stopped responding on your recently purchased HP 15 notebook and here's what you could do: First, let's start with performing a hard reset to release any excessive static/power that could have caused the issue: To perform a hard reset on a computer with a removable battery, use the following steps:Turn off the computer.Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.Remove the battery from the battery compartment.Press and hold down the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.Press the Power button to turn on the computer.If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.After reconnecting each of the peripheral devices, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.Second, Enable the touch screen driver in Device ManagerIn Windows, search for and open Device Manager.Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device.If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable. Figure : Enable HID-compliant touch screenIf the Enable option does not appear in the menu, continue to the next step. Reinstall the touch screen driver in Device ManagerInstall Windows updatesUpdate the BIOS and graphics driverConfigure the touch displayPerform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFIAdjust the power management settings for your touch screenReset your computerPerform a Microsoft System RestorePerform an HP System RecoveryClick on the links above for details on how to perform each step. If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issuesIf you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post. Have a good day, Ahead! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-Screen-Doesn-t-Work/td-p/5762204
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi,My touch screen is disabled upon upgrading to Windows 10, I tried to uninstall HID Compliant touch screen from Device Manager then reboot, but still no luck. Anyone have found a fix? Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Flex-14-Touch-Screen-does-not-work-in-Windows-10/td-p/3331840
Relevancy 62.78%

Hey guys i'm pretty new to all this and have only just signed up to the forum so hope i have put this in the right place!!

Anyways i was wondering if an IR Touch panel that fits over the top of an ordinary LCD will work with windows 7 as i have seen one on eBay 32" in size (USB) Pic attached!

A:IR Touch Screen on eBay (Will it work with7)

Looking at the way he's treating it, I would be surprised if it worked at all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/8198-ir-touch-screen-ebay-will-work-with7.html
Relevancy 62.78%

had this computer for little over 2 months and snce having it the touch screen will not work at all hp 15.1 notebook, touch the screen nothing happens look in device manager cant even find the touch screen in there, any help would be appreciated, thanks

A:touch screen on windows 10 wont work

I request you to boot the PC to BIOS and test the touchscreen in BIOS. To boot the PC to BIOS, first turn off the PC completely. Keep tapping ESC on startup. You would get a startup menuPress F10 to get into BIOS. do not keep the PC in mute. Touch the screen in BIOS, the PC should beep.  If the PC beeps in BIOS (system utility), the touch screen is fine and you are facing a driver or a software issue. If the PC does not beep in BIOS, when you touch the screen, there is a issue with the display/touchscreen. Considered as a hardware issue (service or display replacment might be required). Please share the product number of your PC. This will help get the specification of your PC and I can give further suggestions.  ****Click the White thumb to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touch-screen-on-windows-10-wont-work/td-p/5778865
Relevancy 62.78%

My phone has a screen lock on it. So the phone boots up and reaches the screen lock part where I can go about unlocking it and doing whatever I will with my phone. however the screen wont respond to any touch. It is an Android and the phone is a Samsung intercept.

also... :/ 3 days ago I dropped in it a puddle. I've been drying it out for few days under weak heat from a heat lamp but I tried it yesterday and I had the problem mentioned above ^. any suggestions, or am I screwed?

Thanks,
Sprinter

A:Smartphone touch screen won't work after booting up

I'm afraid you will have to get a new phone. Who is your wireless provider?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/smartphone-touch-screen-wont-work-after-booting-up.185857/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi Guys...I'm using the Lenovo multi touch driver for my X61T. With Windows 7 build 7000 the same driver when I wake my laptop from sleep the touch screen works. Starting with build 704x (i can't remember the exact build but it was the first leaked x64 build) when I wake the machine from sleep the touch screen doesn't work (both pen and finger touch)

I have tried to change USB settings but I haven't seen any fix. A restart of the machine means the tablet works again. Any ideas about a patch until Lenovo makes new drivers for Windows 7?

A:Touch Screen doesn't work out of sleep

There is a registry patch for better USB connectivity after waking from sleep, available from Lenovo.

Lenovo Support & downloads - Registry patch to improve USB device detection on resume from sleep for Windows Vista - Notebooks

How's the touchscreen working for you? Hope it's great! I don't like touchscreens because the screen can heat up and flicking your finger around on it can really burn.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/6593-touch-screen-doesnt-work-out-sleep.html
Relevancy 62.78%

hello i heave a nettop mini pc and i have a 7" super sk-8802-a touch screen monitor. when i purhcased it from ebay the seller told me the drivers support windows 7 . i got it and it supports everything below xp and as well as xp. i rather see if i can get it to work rather than sending it back i heard that windows 7 has a xp mode so i can use the programs on windows 7. i found a driver for it from a website called touchkit.com but its a rar file. my thought is can i install the drivers regularly and then swap out the rar files. and help would be great.

A:my touch screen dont work .... bad drivers

If you can't get it to work I would send it back and get your money back. I wouldn't even play around with the guy he misled you and I wouldn't post a good deed done on his reputation. I have seen to many people get taken on Ebay and it ticks me off because I for one have had it done to me. I now by everything brand new from Newegg and or some place I know to be reputable.

Unrar the files to a folder on your desktop and open up device manager and right click on you new touch screen monitor and click update drivers. Then select "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" and then select "Search For Drivers In This Location" and Make sure the subfolders check box is checked and then browse to you folder and click ok then click next. It will either say it is updating the drivers ot that windows has determined that the best driver is already installed. If it says the later then try an Automatic update from windows update. Before you do though go into system in control panel and click the hardware tab and select the setings for "Device Installation Settings" and set it to these setting like below in the screenshot the go back into device manager and automatically update the drivers and it will search windows update as well to see if there are drivers available for your device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/182367-my-touch-screen-dont-work-bad-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.92%

i upgraded to windows 10, and surprise surprise my touch screen is gone.   no drivers, no hint of it anywhere on my pc settings,  i tried finding a link on HP's website to redownload the software, no such luck, you would think for such a common problem hp and microsoft would get there act together and provide a patch.  Any ideas anyone. thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-screen-doesn-t-work-after-upgrade-to-windows-10/td-p/5668984
Relevancy 61.92%

I get a black screen (with backlight).No hard disk access,input output system does not work (It does not turn on/off CapsLk or NumLock).The CPU is not working! Only a long holding the power button turns off the computer.1) my OS installed from the Microsoft Download Center (?winver? into: release 1511,build number 10586,494)2) all drivers are updated from the support center Y700 Touch-15ISK Laptop (ideapad)   (including (ACPI) Driver.)3) I do not install any utility from Lenovo.4) I get a black screen when my laptop is connected to AC power and when running on battery power.5) Power plan is set up by default (Not Configured) 6) I never get problems in High performance mode with connection to AC power (Minimum processor state : Plugged in 100%). I attach my system log

Y700-15ISK Touch/BIOS: CDCN35WWi7-6700HQ/GTX 960M/(RAM) 16,0 /LITEON CV1-8B512

A:Y700 Touch-15ISK .Black screen.The CPU is not work...

You can press the novo buttonGet into the bios and set legacy boot up .And insect the Windows installion cd to fix

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-Touch-15ISK-Black-screen-The-CPU-is-not-working/td-p/3371043
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,

My wife's parents purchased a Toshiba Qosmio DX730 (PQQ11A model). They recently upgraded to Windows 8 and the touch screen now does not work.

The problem is missing drivers (the monitor driver is reporting as a Generic PnP Monitor).

I went to the Toshiba site and selected the driver downloads for the appropriate model and installed a number of drivers, including the recommended NVidia display drivers. There are no drivers on that site that seem to install support for the Toshiba touch screen monitor.

Are there no Windows 8 drivers available for this model? If not, is there another solution? If so, where can I find them. Any help very much appreciated as they have a nice computer and purchased Windows 8 so they could use it with the touch features.

Thanks.

A:Qosmio DX730 and Win8 - touch screen does not work

Hi

On the Toshiba EU driver page you can find the Win 8 drivers.
As far as I know you need to install the Toshiba display driver to get the touch function working properly.

I found this driver.
Please check if you can install this:
[Win 8 TouchScreen Software for Qosmio DX730|http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_driver_details.jsp?service=EU&selCategory =2&selFamily=381&selSeries=366&selProduct=7338&sel ShortMod=null&language=13&selOS=40&selType=all&yea rupload=&monthupload=&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode =allMachines&search=&action=search&macId=&country= all&selectedLanguage=13&type=all&page=1&ID=83418&O SID=-1&driverLanguage=42]

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?69920-Qosmio-DX730-and-Win8-touch-screen-does-not-work
Relevancy 61.92%

I bought a windows 8 hp pavilion touchsmart and touch screen worked. I updated to Windows 10 and it worked, only after I did a factory restore did it not work. I've tried everything with the device driver and another factory restore and it still does not work. I sent my computer in to get it fixed while it was under warranty and it was still not fixed. I resigned to it not working and I think that hp should have solved this problem before selling its computers. So we are blaming it on Microsoft 10, but that is not the issue when it worked until I did a factory restore and attempted everything suggested. I have a 350 dollar piece of **bleep**. Plus now my Mic isn't working and there aren't any drivers for me to upgrade to, anywhere.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-touch-screen-doesn-t-work-after-I-did-a-factory-restore/td-p/5808064
Relevancy 61.92%

Screen was cracked so I replaced the screen. Now touch doesn't work.
There is no "Pen and Touch" and "Tablet PC Settings" in Control Panel. In PC info it says, "No pen or touch input is available for this display."
Touch DOES work on LINUX as I ran it from a usb drive, so it is not a hardware problem.
I have reinstalled Windows.
I have another Yoga 2 Pro and comparing Device Manager in both I see no differences.
How can I get the touch to work again?

A:Why doesn't my Touch work after replacing the screen on my Yoga 2 Pro?

try refreshing your PC maybe the driver is not working properly
If the touchscreen does show up on the device manager try updating the driver from there. (it will be listed under HID )
​Otherwise To refresh your PC Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.Follow the instructions on the screen.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/343812-why-doesnt-my-touch-work-after-replacing-screen-my-yoga-2-pro.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Since windows 10 upgrade, my touch screen on my pc no longer works. How can I fix this problem? I had also upgraded my son's laptop and now his mouse doesn't work on his, it works is a mouse is plugged in but not without on either computer. I am confused!

A:Touch screen no longer work after upgrading to Windows 10

Head over to the system builder websites to download and install windows 10-compatible drivers for your machines.i_Xp/Vista/W7/W10 User

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/touch-screen-no-longer-work-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/98.html
Relevancy 61.92%

chrome://flags only help until my yoga 700-11isk ideapad reboots the next time and the touch screen does not respond to scroll. 2 fingers.  anyone has a more permanent solution?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Chromebooks-11e-X-and/touch-screen-does-not-work-properly-on-google-related-program/td-p/3482849
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi HP Support Greetings from Latin America, we have a HP Pavillion All in one 27-n001la, mainly used by my 5 years old daughter, with all her educative games. Since the upgrade to Windows 10, touch screen is not longer "touch", and we cannot find driver available at the website to solve this issue, which btw, is quite relevant for my daughter as she still doesnt have any control of the mouse. Hope you can help us. Warm Regards from Chile Carolina

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-Screen-of-my-HP-27-n001la-doesnt-work-since-Update-to/td-p/5678166
Relevancy 60.63%

i have a CGV ray liner ts Universal LCD Touch Screen Remote Control and it wont work on anything i've tried all the codes and the search through the library and nothing is working it can control six things and i only want it for my tv, set top box, and dvd player.
i hope someone knows more than is the user manual (which i read hundred times)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cgv-ray-liner-ts-universal-lcd-touch-screen-remote-control-wont-work.1080268/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have the issue that the touch screen + front camera + back camera + windows button on the screen are not working.

I tried installing the display/graphics drivers but that did not helped.

I bought this laptop from Saudi Arabia and it is still under warranty but I am out of country so i cant claim the warranty as well.

someone please sort out this issue and tell me the solution or tell me what i should do?

Help will be really appreciated.
some details about my laptop:

Toshiba Satellite U920T-B919.
windows 8.1 update 64 bit.

Thanks,

A:Satellite U920T - front/back cam + touch screen + win button doesn't work

Since you mentioned different issues with your notebook, I think that in this case its advisable to recover the notebook back to factory settings just to check if all these problems are related to system problem.

Regarding the webcam: the Windows 8 /8.1 already contains the webcam drivers and therefore additional webcam driver installation isn?t possible. Additional webcam driver does not exist simply.

From my point of few the whole description smells a little bit like a hardware problem of the upper slide part where the touchscreen is part of.
The win button as well as the both cams are located there and probably there is some lose connection between the two parts (touchscreen and keyboard)

Anyway, as I said above, its advisable to recover the notebook to factory settings just to ensure that the system isn?t the troublemaker.
In case of hardware problems, you would need to get in contact with service available in your country.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?79712-Satellite-U920T-front-back-cam-touch-screen-win-button-doesn-t-work
Relevancy 57.62%

Can we replace the capacitive touch controller or is it fixed?

A:Can one capacitive touch screen be replaced by a resistive touch screen?

Can you please provide more details?
What device do you mean?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62803-Can-one-capacitive-touch-screen-be-replaced-by-a-resistive-touch-screen
Relevancy 55.9%

My Ideapad S415 touch screen has suddenly stopped working.  I've had a tech connect to my PC and try a BIOS reload of default settings, plus unistalling all "HID" devices in Device Manager with no resolution.  I've also tried a system restore with no luck. The system properties does see the touch capability. Suggestions? Thanks.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Ideapad S415 Touch - touch screen stopped working

hi Hersh,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

First do a Power Drain 
     (If the battery is removable)
            Remove AC and Battery and hold the power button down for 15 sec.
               Turn the computer back on and see if the Touch capability is now detected under System Properties,
                  If not
         I suggest you contact Lenovo Technical Team about the Issue as this may be a device detection issue.
       Lenovo Technical Team

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Ideapad-S415-Touch-touch-screen-stopped-working/td-p/1542316
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello everyone, my touch screen on my lenovo ideapad z400 touch is not working anymore.  The only weird thing I remember is some ghost touchpoint on my screen. I've been looking for the answer to this issue, but it seems that Lenovo does not address this problem.  If someone has found the solution to this problem and wants to share it with me, I will be forever grateful.  

A:IdeaPad z400 Touch - Touch screen not working

I facing the same situation right now. any solution please. left side of monitor is being "touched"?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/IdeaPad-z400-Touch-Touch-screen-not-working/td-p/2225587
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello nbsp My Thinkpad Yoga is connected to a large display through ThenkPad docking station nbsp screen generates touch while random touch lid... Yoga Its lid is closed nbsp During my work from time to time I see random touch clicks on my screen and random opening of menus nbsp It is clear that the touch screen is active Yoga touch screen generates random touch while lid... although the lid is closed nbsp When I open the lid and still connected just to the nd display large screen display the phenomena stops nbsp Worth noting is that although only the nd display shows an image the laptop touch screen is still sensetive to touch nbsp This is I guess why the random touches show up on the screen -- it feels the keyboard not fingers nbsp I expect the touch screen to be disabled while the lid is closed or when projecting only to the nd screen nbsp The solution of opening the lid while connected to the docking station is not acceptable nbsp Lenovo's local support suggestion to disable touch for the Yoga is also not acceptable -- people purchase Yoga to get Touch nbsp nbsp A solution please nbsp Yaron

A:Yoga touch screen generates random touch while lid...

I am experiencing the very same thing.A driver/BIOS update would be very much appreciated, dear Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-touch-screen-generates-random-touch-while-lid-is-closed/td-p/1442843
Relevancy 55.47%

The touchscreen stopped working suddenly on my Envy TouchSmart Sleekbook - dx At first i though it was like a normal failure and that will get fixed by turning the pc off or restarting so I did not pay attention to it until now that I screen- not touch touch... HID-compliant to working, use unable had restart my pc multiple times Currently running win I started to believe it was because of an update a few days ago since it was when the problem started but all drivers and everything is up to date I have checked for the HID-compliant Touch Screen driver and had to nbsp show hidden divices in order to find it I cannot enable it and when i check in the properties HID-compliant touch screen- not working, unable to use touch... the following message displays nbsp Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer nbsp I have no idea on how to connect or how it got disconnected I come from a similar thread but did not solve my problem I have been researching this for hours and have not found and answer Help please nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HID-compliant-touch-screen-not-working-unable-to-use/td-p/5747198
Relevancy 55.47%

I want to buy this mouse to better work with my laptop.
Can somebody give me some feedback on how this glas pane works instead of a scrollwheel? Handling, etc.

A:Logitech Touch Mouse 400 for a Laptop with no touch screen

Sorry I can't answer your question, but this post piqued my interest. I use the Logitech 620 touch mouse on a Windows 7 box at work. I find a little touchy and has to tweaked. But I haven't tried the 620 on Windows 8. Because I'm always looking for the perfect mouse, I think I might just pick up the 400 tonight and let you know.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/23647-logitech-touch-mouse-400-laptop-no-touch-screen.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I bought new, but somehow do not want to workVideo is compared, apparently just enough to buy a new cable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj5L-1l4qzI&feature=youtu.beI bought it herehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Ideapad-S210-New-11-6-LED-LCD-laptop-screen-with-touch-glass-/1912932...

This is a new LCD
This is a broken LCD

Moderator note: large image(s) converted to link(s):  About Posting Pictures In The Forums

A:Lenovo S210 Touch broken LCD and Touch screen

Hi Magnutus, welcome to the forums.

Please check if you Lenovo S210 is on warranty under with this tool.
After that you can open a ticket with Lenovo for the screen to be fixed, if it is not under warranty it will have a cost.

If you are the guys that like to fix it yourself (and it is not under warranty) I can recommend you to check the support site for your model, read the Hardware Maintenance Manual (on the documents area) and check how the machine is organized on the inside. On the parts lookup page you can find the parts number so you can find a replacements for the component that is giving you issues.

I hope this links helps you.
Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-S210-Touch-broken-LCD-and-Touch-screen/td-p/1851801
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey everybody nbsp I just received my P last week as a replacement for another Lenovo device So far everything seems to work fine with one exception nbsp Pen... Touch P40 Yoga: ThinkPad / Touch Lenovo Screen When I turn the screen over to the tablet position the touch screen and the touch pen show erroneous behaviour a As soon as I make the first input with the touch pen I cannot make any further input with my finger so the touch input is simply turned off The Windows setting to ignore touch input when the stylus is used is not active b When I try to tap buttons at certain areas of the screen especially at the upper edge the cursor of the stylus starts jumping around and shows up at the lower edge of the screen That means that when I for example tap on the X symbol in the upper right corner to close a window I actually click on some of the symbols in the system tray in the lower right corner nbsp This problem stops occuring as soon as the angle between the two case parts screen and keyboard reaches exceeds approx It does not matter if Windows is in Tablet or Desktop Mode I already Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga: Touch Screen / Touch Pen... tried to manually install another Wacom driver mentioned at https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga Wacom-Tablet-Service-for-ISD-Driver-Win and https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile P -Yoga-issues td-p I had no luck trying driver versions and nbsp I would really appreciate your help since this issue makes working in the tablet position virtually impossible nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P40-Yoga-Touch-Screen-Touch-Pen-Issue-in-Tablet/td-p/3480881
Relevancy 55.47%

Yesterday I was on my laptop and before I shut it down it went into what looked like a different mode. I booted it up this morning and it is still in this mode. It looks like touch screen mode but I do not have a touch screen.  The icons on the task bar are spaced out and there is a back button on the task bar too which is not normally there. When i right click against the task bar, one of the buttons says "Show touch keyboard button".  All of my files are spead out as if to have room for touching if I had a touch screen but I do not. I am finding this very annoying because I cannot get onto my desktop properly and is not in the right mode. Please help! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-Laptop-isn-t-touch-screen-but-it-is-in-touch-screen-mode/td-p/5686333
Relevancy 54.18%

My client told me this was a touch screen, so that is what I ordered.  HP 749970-001 touch screen display assembly.It is installed, but not recognized.  In order to use it as a touch screen, would I have to replace the motherboard too?Is there a driver available?  The display works, it is just not working as a touch screen.

Sparky

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-I-upgrade-my-notebook-from-non-touch-screen-to-touch/td-p/5664763
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm on the Driver Download page for the S400 Touch, but I have no idea which driver is for my touch screen.  There are display drivers and mouse/touchpad drivers, but neither of them say anything (at least I don't see it) about the HID touch screen.  Running Windows 7 64bit.  Any ideas?

A:S400 Touch - Driver for Touch Screen

Hi DJwhiteSquall,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are looking for the display drivers for your Lenovo S400 touch laptop.

As per the specification of this laptop  has AMD Radeon 7450M Graphics card, however please share the serial number of the laptop through private message as this help us to assist you in better way.

Click here to send the private message.   

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/S400-Touch-Driver-for-Touch-Screen/td-p/2033027
Relevancy 54.18%

window 8.1 check pc info Pen and touch : No pen or touch input is available for this display No pen and touch in control panel I'm ready install drivers completed  how do I?

A:My desktop B50-30 Multi touch touch screen not wo...

Hi keerati,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Check the Touch funtionality in OKR environment.
    Turn off the computer and Turn it back on and right away start tapping F2.
    Select Recovery. Once in the Recovery screen Test the touchscreen by touching any of the option if it will respond.

If the touchscreen works in OKR Environment, I suggest you perform a One key recovery (expect dataloss).

If the touchscreen still did not work in OKR Environment, I suggest you call Lenovo Technical Team for assistance.

Regards
Solid Cruver

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/My-desktop-B50-30-Multi-touch-touch-screen-not-working/td-p/2102387
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a kiosk on which I've just installed 8.1 pro. It has an oem touch screen manufactured by General touch (p/n st6001u). I've installed the driver and it seems to work but Windows still says "no pen or touch available". My customers using the
kiosk will need to type on screen in addition to just clicking. Is there any way to for the OS into touch mode? I believe under 7 there was an option in Windows features but I can't seem to find anything on 8. Google has been no help.
Any ideas?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5292daf1-37a7-46c6-a940-9acb7b16d2c0/touch-screen-not-detected-as-a-touch-device?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, Just a quick question, we have one hp touch laptop model # 13-a200nx Pavilion series, and it touch has broken. I wanted to know can we replace its touch with non touch screen ? is there any availability?  Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacement-of-Touch-Screen-With-Non-Touch-HP-Pavilion-13/td-p/5817454
Relevancy 54.18%

The touch-screen monitors are probably more expensive than your regular LCD Monitor...

A:Will anyone buy a touch-screen monitor just to use the touch feature?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824205010Just a little more expensive. I think I would get one?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187655/will-anyone-buy-a-touch-screen-monitor-just-to-use-the-touch-feature/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, I've recently formatted my Laptop HP Envy m7-n101dx (touch) and installed Win7  Ultimate (64 bit).  I have downloaded all drivers available on HP website and installed on my laptop.  There is only one unknown device left (acpi\msft010), and I'm unable to to find the correct driver.  My problem is I'm unable to use the touch screen of the laptop, I've googling and found that is there must be a problem with with the Human Interface Device, but when I've checked the Device Manager no Human Interface Device is on the list.  Please could anyone help me out.  Thanks in advance

A:Touch Screen of HP Envy m7-n101dx (touch)

Hello @JeffJadoo, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I understand that you are having an issue with the Touch Screen, and wanted to assist you! Did the notebook originally ship with Windows 10?  How did you go about formatting the notebook, and installing Windows 7?  You may be able to use the Recovery Manager to restore the drivers, however, based on how you installed Windows, the Recovery Partition may already be removed.  You can also try reviewing the following document, to see if the information helps: HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8) Please post back with the results.  It is possible that the Touch Screen may not be supported for Windows 7 on that particular notebook. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-Screen-of-HP-Envy-m7-n101dx-touch/td-p/5562972
Relevancy 54.18%

Touch screen on our HP Pavilion 23ST Touch All in One PC P2N42AVstopped working after about 6 months. I reimaged and restored it back to original system. To make sure nothing waschanged by any updates that may have been done.I cannot see any options in device manager for the touch screen.Everything else is working just fine but no touch screen functionality. doing F2 and trying component test. Touch screen isn't there.It is like it disappeared.   This id used in a business and it was working 18:00and the next morning nothing.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/touch-screen-on-our-HP-Pavilion-test-Touch-All-in-One-PC/td-p/5732174
Relevancy 52.46%

So I have got a Lenovo Y50-70 with 15.6" 3840x2160 UHD Touch Display for about two years now. I've accidentaly dropped my backpack, while the laptop was in it and cracked it's screen so I need to replace it. The screen in the cracked part is working as it was working before the accident, the crack is on the glass. So I was wondering if I can replace my 15.6" 3840x2160 UHD Touch Display with a 15.6" 1920x1080 FHD Non-touch Display? Is it possible?I've read that whether screen you are changing, its working depends on the quantity of pins on the Video signal connector. 

14805592_1377320382293084_1940252874_n.jpg ?54 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Replace-Y50-70-UHD-touch-screen-with-FHD-non-touch/td-p/3462229
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All, some one pls help me.
1.  On my touch screen - left top corner the volume screen shown 0. This is reduced automatically.
2. The touch pad is not working - I am not able to move the cursor but can click where ever it is placed.
3. The keyboard on tablet mode is also not working.

this happened all of the sudden. Is there any virus or some issues with software. Pls help i am really need of a solution here.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue and moved posting to it own thread.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Touch-screen-and-Touch-pad-problems/td-p/3439796
Relevancy 52.46%

I bought a Lenovo G50-80 Touch Laptop, but for some reason the touchscreen is disabled and it also says that it doesn't have touchscreen on it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-80-Touch-Touch-Screen-isn-t-working/td-p/3324184
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an acer aspire M3 581T-6405 series ultrabook, but my screen is broken. Can I replace it with a touch screen from an Acer Aspire M5-583P-6428? Whether the touch screen works as a touch screen or not is irrelevant I just want to be able to use my laptop.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Replacing-a-non-touch-screen-with-a-touch-screen/td-p/456065
Relevancy 49.02%

The touch pad of my new G50-80 work erratically. It is impossible to work with this touch pad

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-80-touch-pad-does-not-work/td-p/3459043
Relevancy 48.59%

Touch pad doesn't work if you close and open the laptop, sometimes the touch pad turns off on it's own. I have checked the settings for the touch pad and for what the computer does when closing the lid, they are correct. Tried booting in safe mode and still had same results. The only way to get the touch pad to come back on is if you reboot the computer. Any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touch-pad-doesn-t-work/td-p/5844849
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I'm using touch enabled hp laptop with hp pen. Yesterday, I downloaded(purchased) Tablet pro app from app store to use tablet function more well. And I tried using it with ZBRUSH (3D sculpting program), but it was not working well. Because I couldn't use alt or ctrl key with tablet pro when I use the pen on the screen.I realized when I use the pen on the screen, touch turns off. It seems that they are not working together. So I tested with touch test app. It recognized two fingers but not with pen !! (embarrasing...) . Some devices with pen has any option like pen only mode or pen and touch together (samsung galaxy note phone...), so I'd like to know if it has that kind option or any other ways do you have? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.

A:How to make pen and touch work together?

Hi hodual, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  I see that you are having issues with the Pen and the touch features. I would like to assist but I would need to know the Model of the Notebook and the Pen. http://ow.ly/Yj55y. Please let me know. You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-make-pen-and-touch-work-together/td-p/5651349
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I'm using touch enabled hp laptop with hp pen. Yesterday, I downloaded(purchased) Tablet pro app from app store to use tablet function more well. And I tried using it with ZBRUSH (3D sculpting program), but it was not working well. Because I couldn't use alt or ctrl key with tablet pro when I use the pen on the screen.I realized when I use the pen on the screen, touch turns off. It seems that they are not working together. So I tested with touch test app. It recognized two fingers but not with pen !! (embarrasing...) . Some devices with pen has any option like pen only mode or pen and touch together (samsung galaxy note phone...), so I'd like to know if it has that kind option or any other ways do you have? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you.

A:How to make pen and touch work together?

Hi hodual, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!  I see that you are having issues with the Pen and the touch features. I would like to assist but I would need to know the Model of the Notebook and the Pen. http://ow.ly/Yj55y. Please let me know. You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-make-pen-and-touch-work-together/td-p/5651349
Relevancy 48.59%

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-to-make-pen-and-touch-work-together/td-p/5651349
Relevancy 48.59%

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/pen/td-p/5651349
Relevancy 48.59%

hi everbody i have a toshiba satelite a355 sp7927 R and I change the operative system from vista to windows 7 and then my touch pad does?t work. I try install the drivers from the toshiba support web side and the problem still exists. please someone help me ???????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-touch-pad-doesn-t-work-432767.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I figured I'll try my luck here before calling tech support.I got a Lenovo Y50-70 Touch UHD and recently I've decided to try to get it to play music through my receiver using laptop's SPDIF output.I know that the receiver's optical SPDIF port works since I've been using it up to this point with my desktop.I got a mini toslink adaptor, connected the cable, selected Realtek Digital Output as Default in the Playback Devices panel. Started playing music - no audioThe playback device reports as Ready and when I click Test, it thinks it's doing a test of both channels but I still don't hear anything. I put a mirror up the port and noticed the lack of usual red dot. Everything tells me that the system is functional and yet I don't the port is working. Is there anything i need to do to enable it or something? Thanks

A:Y50-70 Touch SPDIF does not work

Hi, I have the same issue, and W10. Have you managed to solve this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-Touch-SPDIF-does-not-work/td-p/2030715
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I have a Sony Vaio T-series laptop model SVT CXS running windows As of yesterday the touch TV + OK, SCREEN BLACK to (power OK, fan LAPTOP HDMI OK) screen screen is black it doesn't display anything Laptop powers on lights are on fan makes noise etc I was able to plug an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV and I am able to use the laptop using my TV screen laptop screen is still black but displays on TV works And the odd twist this is a touch screen laptop so I am able to touch my laptop screen and it makes clicks and moves cursor on my TV for some reason the track pad doesn't work while its on TV LAPTOP BLACK SCREEN (power + fan OK, HDMI to TV OK, touch screen OK) display though Any help would be greatly appreciated If you can give me steps into diagnosing the problem that'd be great I live in a small college town and there is only one computer repair shop and since it's a monopoly he rips people off Charges for a diagnostic if you get it fixed it goes towards the repair if not it's Charged my friend for macbook charger and it wasn't even an genuine Apple product

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588827/laptop-black-screen-power-fan-ok-hdmi-to-tv-ok-touch-screen-ok/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I have a windows 7 touch screen laptop which I am using along with an extended desktop on a secondary monitor. Is there any way I can lock the mouse/pointer onto the secondary monitor but still use the touch screen facility on the laptop itself?

thanks in advance for any help provided.

nova-lighting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-mouse-pointer-on-dual-screen-with-touch-screen.963750/
Relevancy 48.16%

1 have HP 2000 Note Book . It carries regular  Screen . I want to replace it with touch screen.Please let me know it will work or not? thankyou.

A:can you change normal screen to touch screen on hp2000 note...

Hi, What is your HP 2000 ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/can-you-change-normal-screen-to-touch-screen-on-hp2000/td-p/5646632
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey all, I woke up this morning and started using my computer to find that there were white spots on my computer screen that I had not previously noticed. I have had the computer for two years and haven't had any similar issues. There does not appear to be anything wrong with the pixels, as the color changes appropriately - it's just brighter. Furthermore, the bright spots on the screen heat up much more than the rest of the screen, which remains cool. I also noticed that, though this may be a separate issue, the touch screen isn't responding. Here is an image (it's much more noticeable on a white background): http://imgur.com/09sYisg   Any help is much appreciated!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Lighter-Spots-on-Computer-Screen-Touch-Screen-Not-Working/td-p/5745362
Relevancy 48.16%

hi from a new member.

i have a advent ua1 tablet pc 900mhz celeron running windows xp and the touch screen is not very accurate . i installed window 7 and i am amazed at the differance and how well the touchscreen works only prob no drivers exist for my embedded sound. so its back to xp for the moment . does any one no if i can run windows 7 touchpack in windows xp pro.

thankyou ......

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-windows-7-touch-pack-work-in-xp-pro.851262/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello dear,  i have problem. My synaptics touchpad doesnt work. I tried uninstall mouse driver and reinstall but still doesnt work. I didnt know what uninstall firt if synaptics in programs or driver of mouse. Thank you for help! Matyas

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Synaptics-touch-pad-doesnt-work/td-p/5637865
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a new HP desktop, model number 27-A010 Touch. The microphone does not recognize my voice,. I have set up mic but it still does not work for "Cortana". I vae downloaded the most recent RealTek driver. Any sugggestions

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/microphone-on-27-a010-touch-does-not-work/td-p/5801046
Relevancy 48.16%

Will my Kindle Touch eReader work in England and Ireland with just an adaptor plug? In other words, without having to use a converter/transformer. The Kindle Touch eReader's AC adapter has an input rating of 100-240V -- 50/60Hz 0.18A, so I presume that a converter/transformer would not be necessary . My understanding is that only the grounded U.S. to U.K. adapter which I recently purchased will be needed for it to work properly. Is that correct? I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has a clearer understanding of this matter. Thank you.

A:Solved: Will my Kindle Touch work in the U.K?

Yes, that's correct. Your power adapter is a full range model so only the plug adapter is needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-my-kindle-touch-work-in-the-u-k.1099795/
Relevancy 48.16%

The touch pad of my Satelite U920T-100 works when the lap top is started up, but some 10 seconds after I have logged in the touch pad does not work anymore.

I have tried all tips as posted at the FAQ's:
- disconnected all other devices
- external mouse works, but once this has been diconnected the touch pad remains "dead"
- FN-F9 gives no result
- checked touch pad settings: nothing abnormal
- removed and reinstalled touch pad drivers three times: no result, problem still exits.

When the lap top is started up in safe mode the touch pad works again (and continues to work), so probably some program is blocking the touch pad when the lap top is started up normally.

Don't know where to go from here. Does anyone have a suggestion on how this problem can be fixed?

Thnx & grtz,
Rein

A:Satelite U920T-100 - Touch pad does not work after log in

The problem disappeared for one day (and the touch pad continued to function) for one day after installing the BIOS update from 1/16/2014. However, the next day the same returned: approx. 10 seconds after logged in the touch pad stops to work....

Does anyone know how this problem can be fixed?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77436-Satelite-U920T-100-Touch-pad-does-not-work-after-log-in
Relevancy 48.16%

I've downloaded all drivers required for Windows 7.I replaced #920-001861-01 touch pad with cable. The touchpad and touchpad buttons still wont operate

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/touch-pad-and-buttons-wont-work/td-p/5850835
Relevancy 48.16%

hi recently my laptop has had a problem concerning a update from microsoft and has been restored to an earlier point before the update. Now my touch pad won't work so i got to connect a mouse every time i want to use it is there any reason it won't work concerning drivers or is my touch pad broken...

Thanks in advance
Xeno
P.s. its a sony vaio with vista installed intel dual core 1.67ghz
2Gb ram
120gb of hard drive space
im ussually good at fixing this kind of stuff but its my first time using vista

A:Laptop doesn't work with the touch pad

Did you reinstall the drivers/software?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-work-with-the-touch-pad.621691/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello! I've just installed Windows 7 Professional on my HP 350 G1.  I have a problem with touch pad - it works, but just as mouse (and also installed as mouse). I've tried to update and downloaded synaptics driver, but it failed to be installed. I can't delete previous version of Synaptic driver and installed a new one, because it's not in Programmes list at all.  Windows Update doesn't work as weel, if it's relevant.

A:Synaptics touch pad doesn't work

Hi, Install the driver from the device manufacturerhttp://drivers.synaptics.com/Synaptics_v17_0_19_C_XP32_Vista32_Win7-32_XP64_Vista64_Win7-64_Acme_Inc...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Synaptics-touch-pad-doesn-t-work/td-p/5715376
Relevancy 48.16%

I have Sony TZ 150 (Model PCG 41L) with win xp, service pack 3 and having problems with the touch pad - it seems to just stop responding and mostly, I have to re-boot the system

I checked with SOny and the driver seems to be up tp date (Device Driver says the Alps pointing Device is working) but I think this is either a hardware issue or a Windows issue.

In what may be a related issue, my cursor keeps jumping around the screen when typing - I have no idea why.

Help!!!

Bruce

A:touch pad does not work with XP/cursor jumps around

try to install 'touchfreeze' software.

it should resolve the issue. this software will disable the touchpad when u type something on the keyboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/touch-pad-does-not-work-with-xp-cursor-jumps-around.1114375/
Relevancy 48.16%

So recently my laptop Pavilion DV6xxx updated the OS to Windows 10 64 bit and for some reason the touch pad works, but the scrolling system i.e. the designated scroll bar partition doesn't scroll any more. I have the Synaptics Pointing device software and my system is up to date in drivers yet it doesn't work. Please help as not being able to scroll with the touch pad is a huge inconvenience.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Scrolling-via-touch-pad-doesn-t-work/td-p/5741755
Relevancy 48.16%

After upgrading the RAM on my Envy notebook my Synaptics PS Port Touchpad does not work at all The device does not show up on device manager and under system information I get an error code that says quot This device is installing does work Touch not Synaptics ram Pad after new not present is not working properly or does not have all its drivers installed quot I am not sure what the issue Synaptics Touch Pad does not work after installing new ram is but in order Synaptics Touch Pad does not work after installing new ram to access the primary ram card on an Envy you have to disconnect the keyboard touchpad assembly from the motherboard However I have made sure that the touchpad cable is connected securely and all other features keyboard led lights all work fine How do I go about troubleshooting this Thank you System Info OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard CNF RDB nbsp

A:Synaptics Touch Pad does not work after installing new ram

Re-check the internal connections for the touchpad. As it's had to be disconnected to access the RAM slots (a ridiculous design flaw in my opinion) I can't help thinking it has to be a connection issue, especially as Windows doesn't even acknowledge it's presence in Device Manager.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/synaptics-touch-pad-does-not-work-after-installing-new-ram.1021021/
Relevancy 48.16%

how to turn on touch feature in tablet mode in a brand new AZ3 - 710 windows 10 all in one pc,went into settings turn on the tablet mode and the touch features don't work

A:Touch feature does not work on brand new AZ3-710 a...

I went into system settings and click on the about title and it says NO PEN OR TOUCH INPUT IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS DISPLAY. And right under this text it says  CHANGE PRODUCT KEY OR UPGRADE YOUR EDITON OF WINDOWS.What does this mean i have to purchase a new product key or purchase a new edition of windows to get the touch features to work in tablet mode.

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Touch-feature-does-not-work-on-brand-new-AZ3-710-all-in-one/td-p/403021/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.73%

Dear Sir MyHP Pavilion x360 is now broke the screen but i can still use is as nomal but it can not touch screen . what should I do ,  If our smart phone it break the screen it still can use why my Pavilion X360 can not touch screen ? Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-x360-break-screen-and-can-not-touch-screen/td-p/5791177
Relevancy 47.73%

I have bought this product 3 months ago "HP x360 Convertible 13.3" Touch Screen 2 in 1 Laptop 6th Gen i5-6200U 8GB 1TB" 2 days ago I found its screen was broken, I think it was dropped on the floor inside its contaning bag. It is still function well, but I want to know can I change the screen or not.    Thank you in adavnce 

A:Broken Screen of HP x360 Convertible 13.3" Touch Screen 2 in...

Hi @Mostafashalaby, Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the screen is broken, and you want to change it. Option 1: You can contact HP phone support to arrange a repair. To contact HP phone support: please use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region. Option 2: If you want to replace the screen by yourself: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01608578#AbT4 Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks. Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Broken-Screen-of-HP-x360-Convertible-13-3-quot-Touch-Screen/td-p/5692562
Relevancy 47.73%

I've had this Chromebook for under a week, and today out of no where it the screen flickers nonstop.
If im doing something like watching a video, then the entire screen does it. What should i do? I have a warranty.

A:Chromebook 13 with touch screen - flickering/shifting screen

I charged the battery, and once it was 100% it stopped happening. Now my touch screen is on, and i can't turn it off no matter if i use the command or change it in the settings. Im assuming this is a touch screen problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994288
Relevancy 47.3%

So we have a Lenovo S514 Touch laptop that is just a few months old. We can't seem to get it to hook up to our wireless internet. It connects to other wi-fi internet just fine on our cell phone, mobile hotspot, and other wi-fi networks, just not at home.

I've read MANY different suggestions and tried them all to no avail. We did download the 8.1 update so I did a restore to 8, still not fixing the issue. Have turned off the battery and wi-fi battery saving options, deleted the A/V, and non-essential Lenovo apps.

What do I try next?!

A:Wi-Fi WILL NOT work on Lenovo S514 Touch Laptop...

Try changing to name on your wireless router..
There is a way to tell windows to ignore a network and forget a network.. maybe this is what happened,
but I would also figure a Reset or Refresh (not restore) of windows would correct the issue

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/59720-wi-fi-will-not-work-lenovo-s514-touch-laptop.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi! I am having trouble with my chromebook after the last update that I accepted last week. Because of the new update, my mouse touch does not work and I am having trouble using it since I still need to plug the mouse before it runs. My chromebook runs perfectly until the update happened. What should I do? I hope I can hear from you soon. Thanks HP!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mouse-touch-does-not-work-after-the-latest-update/td-p/5660258
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, Please help! I updated to window 10 this evening and things seemed fine. I dowloaded a few apps and restarted the system. Whe the system came back - the cursor wouldn't leave the top of the screen - just flickering aroung the top edge. The keypad works, as do the left and right clicks and the pointing device, but I fing he pointing device imposible to use and as soon as either the touchpad is toched, or the pointing device is touched at the same time as the left and right clicks - the cursor goes straight back to the top of the screen (where the close button is) As I am sure you can understand - this is all but unworkable. I have looked to se if the driver needs updating - it doesn't. Can you help? Richard

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Updated to Windows 10, now touch pad doesn't work

I manually reinstalled a windows 7 software for synaptics (none later available) and is currently working. Will keep my fingers crossed.Thanks for your help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Updated-to-Windows-10-now-touch-pad-doesn-t-work/td-p/5175715
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everybody.

I got an ASUS N50Vn aka X5AVseries..

On the top of the keyboard I got a "touch panel" where I can control the volume, change the computers performance and so on.

But after installing Windows 7 it doesn't work.

Anybody knows what to do? Maybe a speciel driver I need?

Thanks, Peter.

A:ASUS - Touch Panel doesn't work?

You have to install all the acpi/she drivers from asus's website. You can use the vista or xp drivers.

(had to do this on an 1000he from asus, but I got almost all hardware keys working)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/15522-asus-touch-panel-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi
i have dell inspiron n5010
i want to disable its touch pad but cant figure it out
there is a touch pad disabling button (right beside f12 key) but it doesn't work

can anyone tell me how to do it cuz it gets really irritating sometimes.

thank you in advace

A:Touch pad disabling button doesn't work

Touchpad problem

Hi. I don't know about a button to disable the touchpad on a laptop, but there is a free program that will do the same thing, so you can type away, and your arm won't move the cursor around. Try http://code.google.com/p/touchfreeze/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/touch-pad-disabling-button-doesnt-work.156961/
Relevancy 47.3%

I purchased a HP Notebook with Windows 10 installed. I use it for work purposes, and my business requirement is to have Windows 10 PRO installed. Once I installed the PRO version, the page scrolling feature ceased to work, as did the two finger feature. Any help on making the correction?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Touch-Pad-Scrolling-won-t-work-after-installing-Windows-10/td-p/5680874
Relevancy 46.87%

ive tried the trouble shooting it found multiple unown devices and a cpl that the system could not find the driver for, not sure what to do next?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/touch-pad-wont-work-also-dont-show-in-device/td-p/5663543
Relevancy 46.87%

hi guys i bought this a on Cannot scrolling pad multi to gestures touch synaptics or get work while back Packard Bell EasyNote TE HC review Expert Reviews default windows i couldnt get on with windows unfortunately then it went totally crazy so i installed a copy of windows ultimate x with windows my mouse pad was awesome swipe pinch zoom two finger scroll etc now with windows nothing Cannot get multi touch gestures or scrolling to work on synaptics pad not even the side scroll section of the pad works just normal mouse navigation and button clicks ive installed every driver under the sun ALL of them old new windows windows bit bit when i install synaptics it says its a regular ps mouse and pad no settings for multi touch im not a total noob so i went through all the stuff i know and checked forums even downloaded gesture suite which couldnt intall due to errors then cant uninstall synaptics drivers with revo Cannot get multi touch gestures or scrolling to work on synaptics pad uninstaller due to some dll error so uninstalled with device manager and deleted the registry entries with revo but when i reboot windows auto installs drivers i even went to settle with two finger scroll app and that came with error no touchpad but i must have a touch pad because it worked with windows basically i cant get it to work lol cant take it anymore how can i fix it chaps all of the drivers are working fine ive honestly got all of the drivers different drivers

A:Cannot get multi touch gestures or scrolling to work on synaptics pad

yeah so i'm stupid, there was a link underneath my post regarding harware IDS, i googled my hardware code ACPI EDE0500 somthing like that, first result was elantech, sooooo wasnt synaptics all that time, which is annoying because the software on windows 8 im sure said synaptics anywhoo, elantech for you folk out there who are silly like me

works fine now

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301199-cannot-get-multi-touch-gestures-scrolling-work-synaptics-pad.html
Relevancy 46.87%

First let me show you the technical details I have this laptop for years and a half nbsp Im using this programm to track the temperature on my laptop And i think what it shows is not nbsp healt I have worries about cpu temperature cuz it reaches C and i feel the heat My laptop gets warm very fast even when i dont use anything to put pressure on it And lately my touchpad doesnt work well and its slow at all I mean i should press more than or times so it catch and evetually show me the command which , heat Ideapad 510 doesnt problem,touch work... pad z i want to use Do you think that if i use coolpad for my laptop or its the thermal paste which has to be replaced with new one My laptop hasnt been opened before I would like to hear your advices This is not the only problem which this laptop has but i noticed that wireless and battery problems are kind of common for Z series Thank you for giving your time nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Ideapad z 510 , heat problem,touch pad doesnt work...

First let me show you the technical details. I have this laptop for 2 years and a half.? Im using this programm to track the temperature on my laptop.And i think what it shows is not healt.I have worries about cpu temperature, cuz it reaches 70 C and i feel the heat.My laptop gets warm very fast even when i dont use anything to put pressure on it.And lately my touchpad doesnt work well, and its slow at all. I mean i should press more than 3 or 4 times so it "catch" and evetually show me the command which i want to use.Do you think that if i use coolpad for my laptop, or its the thermal paste which has to be replaced with new one;My laptop hasnt been opened before.I would like to hear your advices.This is not the only problem which this laptop has but i noticed that wireless and battery problems are kind of common for Z510 series.Thank you for giving your time!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Ideapad-z-510-heat-problem-touch-pad-doesnt-work-well/td-p/3340898
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi,

Left clicking or tapping do not work.
Tried to reinstall driver or restart in safe mode but it only works for 2-3 minutes and stops again.

A:Portege R30 - touch pad left clicking or tapping do not work

And what is with right click?
It is really strange that touchpad stops working just partly.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83459-Portege-R30-touch-pad-left-clicking-or-tapping-do-not-work
Relevancy 46.87%

Yesterday I reinstalled Windows on my notebook PC I had to use a Microsoft installation disk because unfortunately serious errors resulted after I installed from the HP recovery program Consequently the HP drivers that were installed automatically with the recovery program weren't installed on my system I had to install several of them from the HP support site nbsp I got everything to work nbsp except nbsp for the Touch volume control or the Volume Scroll Zone as referred to by HP in the service guide This is the device located just above the keyboard that Touch on for dv6, volume control work looking driver doesn't increases or decreases speaker Touch volume control doesn't work on dv6, looking for driver volume when you drag you finger on it I installed the Quick Launch button driver but that only applied to the mouse nbsp and pointer touchpad I looked at the devices listed in my Touch volume control doesn't work on dv6, looking for driver startup configuration I saw the synaptics pointing device and the HP quick launch buttons listed So is nbsp the IDT PC audio driver nbsp nbsp What am I missing Where I can I find it to activate the touch volume control

A:Touch volume control doesn't work on dv6, looking for driver

@accordeoniste Try these. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48425.exe http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46731.exe REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-volume-control-doesn-t-work-on-dv6-looking-for-driver/td-p/5853391
Relevancy 46.87%

Since i bought my HP windows  beats sound smart touch laptop the audio on the laptop and the webcam will not work PLEASE HELP

A:My sound won't work on my HP smart touch windows laptop

@Beckyville5410?, welcome to the forum. When requesting help you should always include the make/model (i.e. p6-xxxx) of the computer and/or monitor. This information is necessary for us to review the specifications of them.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/My-sound-won-t-work-on-my-HP-smart-touch-windows-laptop/td-p/5685117