Windows Support Forum

Which AppData files are transferable?

Q: Which AppData files are transferable?

Recently I had an issue with my main windows account where it couldn't run microsoft edge or the calculator app The tiles under the start menu were also missing and Which are transferable? files AppData the settings option disappeared from the start menu as well I ended up creating a second windows account which didn't have any of the problems listed above In trying to make the second account into my old account I wanted to retain my bookmarks in firefox and other application Which AppData files are transferable? settings so I ended up copying my old account's AppData folder into the new account's AppData folder However after restarting my computer Which AppData files are transferable? the Which AppData files are transferable? new account started having the same issues as the old Now creating a new account again I was wanting to make sure I do it right this time and came to ask about the AppData folder Which files in the AppData folder are safe to copy over from the old AppData folder to the new and which should I avoid I assume the roaming folder contents are okay to transfer but what about the local folder contents

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/which-appdata-files-are-transferable-1166817.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Which AppData files are transferable?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 54.18%

Yes, I know they are, depending on the circumstance (like for identical Windows versions)... And this is a new one:

I gave an old ME machine to my church, and put Ubuntu 6.06 on it. I have the install disk for ME (useless - it was an OEM version), AND, I have the COA sticker (useFUL???).

So, with my generic XP install disk, can I install XP to a new build, and activate it with the ME COA?

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I need a new copy of windows either OEM one 1PC full licence.

If I update a PC in the future or do a new complete build , I the windows 8.1 FULL 1 PC version transferable to the new/upgraded PC ?

thanks

A:windows 8.1 transferable?

If you purchased a copy of windows 8.x or upgraded to it from a retail version of Windows then you can transfer to any PC you own. If the OS came with a Dell, HP, Compaq, etc. then you cannot.

Quote:

Can I transfer the software to another computer or user? You may transfer the software to another computer that belongs to you. You may also transfer the software (together with the license) to a computer owned by someone else if a) you are the first licensed user of the software and b) the new user agrees to the terms of this agreement. To make that transfer, you must transfer the original media, the certificate of authenticity, the product key and the proof of purchase directly to that other person, without retaining any copies of the software.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-1-transferable-860417.html
Relevancy 53.32%

PROBABLY EASIEST TO SKIP TO POST for quick summary Yard Dog has offered some help but feels this is over his head and asked other experts to step Thanks for your help Older description - probably not necessary to read During the process of setting up and installing programs on new desktop I accidentally deleted most of the subfolders under APPDATA and wish to know the best approach to recovering The details below might be important unique to my situation and hence influence your expert advice Briefly my mistake had come about when changing the location of various standard folders e g My Documents My Music Dekstop from their default location of C Users name to a similarly named sub-folder under D myname In doing the same thing for each of the subfolders Local LocalLow Roaming of APPDATA I was unable to redirect APPDATA Local and by fails; deleted APPDATA default location to mistake APPDATA Restore decided Restore APPDATA to default location fails; APPDATA deleted by mistake to restore the other Restore APPDATA to default location fails; APPDATA deleted by mistake two subfolders to their default location and it is during that process that I did something that resulted in deleting a great deal of APPDATA Resources I had created Windows System Restore points from just before installing several programs a few weeks ago But some internet forum posts indicate that such restore points would not do anything about deleted APPDATA Immediately prior to above I made full backups of C drive as well as Image - Clone - ISO file of entire hard drive including D These are stored on an external USB drive and I have not yet tried to look at their contents NOTE That subsequent to above I had installed about programs but had not done any further backups or Clones Goal A Restore APPDATA to default locations B Minimize the number of programs I need to install again C Nice but not critical The only important data transferred a few days ago onto new computer was some photos in My Pictures which I had redirected to D and which are now gone DETAILS of what I did that led to deleted APPDATA My relocating of MY Documents My Pictures Contacts etc from default location to D went fine Relocating sub-folders under APPDATA was much more challenging as some files produced an Access Denied message nonetheless eventually it seems I was totally successdul with ROAMING and with LOCALLOW but was unable to relocate LOCAL At that point I tried to use the Restore Defaut button on Location tab in Properties of APPDATA subfolder and while this process started and ran for a short while it then showed some error message that I can not now recall Per a forum post I then tried to do this same thing in Safe Mode and when the Dropbox quot bin quot subfolder under ROAMING stalled the process I made a copy of quot bin quot and then deleted from within APPDATA it is that deletion and whatever I did immediately thereafter that also deleted most other subfolders under APPDATA I am able to boot normally however virtually all of my desktop folders and shortcuts are missing task bar has pinned programs but the color image of prog does not display yet I am able to launch and use the prog e g Adobe Reader What do I see first at C Users name Appdata and second at D name Appdata Basically it seems that APPDATA is a mixed bag being more complete at default location on C in some instances AND more complete at the new location on D At ROOT of APPDATA roaminguser gensett xml in each but D has todays date whereas C shows LOCAL only appears in C and shows subfolders I assume this is complete as I was never able to relocate LOCAL to D LOCALLOW subfolders on C and only Adobe and Microsoft on D The two on D are ALSO on C but the date on D is today and the same subfolder on C is yesterdays date AND while it has for ADOBE some of the same sub-subfolders it is missing the assets subfolder For the Microsoft folder C drive is more complete meaning that there are subfolders missing from D e g those for l... Read more

A:Restore APPDATA to default location fails; APPDATA deleted by mistake

Anyone? Assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/354226-restore-appdata-default-location-fails-appdata-deleted-mistake.html
Relevancy 53.32%

In this area- C:\ProgramData\application data\microsoft\microsoft antimalware\scans\filesstash\ at the end of this text is a huge gibberish number and my virus scanner pull it out every time...It tells me it is unable to clean..how can I stop this..can I get rid of the scans files..

A:Please help- I seem to have a problem with my appdata files

What virus scanner? If it's not Microsoft Security Essentials then it's detecting something that was left by MSE in C:\ProgramData\application data\microsoft\microsoft antimalware\scans\filesstash\

Do you have MSE installed alongside another antimalware program?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395448-please-help-i-seem-have-problem-my-appdata-files.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello!

I am trying to get into my .minecraft folder and when I type in %appdata% in the search bar it comes up and says no files match your search. And I have tried to go into my veiw and select show hidden files but it still doesnt work? Does anyone no how to fix this if so will you please help!?

Thank you for your time.
                       -SayHello.

A:%appdata% says no files match.

%appdata% is a Environment variables, not a folder name, you cannot search for it, you can type it in address bar or in Run (Windows Key+R) and it will comes up for you.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518264/appdata-says-no-files-match/
Relevancy 53.32%

I am unable to delete old files of Trend Micro PC-cillin Internet Security from computer Appdata Files Infected When I do search files of PC-Cillin comes up in appdata location When I right click to delete this Appdata Files Infected files that is taking up space its say files does not exist may have been removed or deleted I goes to the location and I dont see them there but they still show up in search Here's my log maybe the answer is in here Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Windows OEM Mon exeC Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exeC Windows System WLTRAY EXEC Program Files Dell MediaDirect Appdata Files Infected PCMService exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXEC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC Program Files Palm Hotsync exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXEC Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil e exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Appdata Files Infected Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by DellR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run ECenter C Dell E-Center EULALauncher exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEn... Read more

A:Appdata Files Infected

Hello,Apologize for the delay in response we get overwhelmed at times but we are trying our best to keep up.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having would appreciate you letting us know If not please perform the following below so I can have a look at the current condition of your machine.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.Close all other windows before proceeding. Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132747/appdata-files-infected/
Relevancy 53.32%

Recently I presumed that my computer was affected by viruses and cleared all my appdata in safe mode.
After that i had some problems.When i right click on a folder only very few options are visible.

SEE SCREEN SHOT
http://snag.gy/eMUFT.jpg

A:Deleted Files in Appdata

Please use this for screen shots. I and many others don't like going off site for screen shots. Just not safe.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277841-deleted-files-appdata.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi. I have a relatively small hdd with a genuine windows 7 op installed. Is it possibly to remove this licence and install on a larger hdd? If so how would I go about it?

Many thanks in advance. Danny

A:Windows 7 licence transferable?

On the same PC yes, reinstall using the key code on the sticker on the side, or image the old drive to the new.

What brand/model drives are involved?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-licence-transferable-675190.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i had an hp laptop for approximately 1 year and after the warrranty expired, the laptop motherboard failed and it was lost for good. i want to know if there is any way i can still use the OEM license for Windows 7 Home Premium??? this transfer would be made to a toshiba laptop. the OS came preinstalled when i purchased the laptop

and the thing is, the HP laptop was Windows 7 x64 but the toshiba laptop is x86 so there's another question, if a x64 license works whne installing an x86 version of Windows 7 HP.

edit: i figured out that you cant from a simple search, which is what i should've done before i posted this . . . that sucks that i cant transfer the OS AT ALL

A:OEM copy of Windows 7, transferable??

Probably not to a Toshiba board... but another HP...

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/205518-oem-copy-windows-7-transferable.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Which Azureus AppData files should I back up?

I am planning to reformat my computer but I have some downloads still incomplete and going on in Vuze. I renamed some of the files and after the backup and reformat, I would like to avoid having to manually rename all those files inside Vuze again. Which Azureus AppData files should I back up?

A:Which Azureus AppData files should I back up?

Hello,

Check this article How do you resume - VuzeWiki

Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/119916-azureus-appdata-files-should-i-back-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So a few months back I was doing stuff and I accidentally compressed the appdata files on my WIndows 8 laptop. When I decompressed them, not all of the files were returned to their normal state. The "Local" and "Roaming" files are the ones affected, and within each of those, the "Microsoft" folder is smaller than it should be. My computer can't run certain things that need licensing (Skype, Sims, Minecraft, etc). I don't have any file restore points and I don't know what to do. Please advise.

A:I compressed the appdata files on accident.

If it was my computer, I would reinstall the operating system.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70938-i-compressed-appdata-files-accident.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a small SSD that I use for my Win 7 OS. When I set-up my PC I used a small program to transfer my Docs, Pics and a few other user files to my D: drive. I also install most of my programs to D: Since that time I have some files in my C:\ users\****\Appdata that are growing quite large. When I right click on the folder properties there is no location option for me to change. Somewhere along the line that great little program that assisted me to move them has disappeared and for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. Any ideas??? I would really like to get these large files off my tiny SSD.
Thanks

A:How to transfer AppData files to Drive D:

Quote: Originally Posted by ls1geezer

I have a small SSD that I use for my Win 7 OS. When I set-up my PC I used a small program to transfer my Docs, Pics and a few other user files to my D: drive. I also install most of my programs to D: Since that time I have some files in my C:\ users\****\Appdata that are growing quite large. When I right click on the folder properties there is no location option for me to change. Somewhere along the line that great little program that assisted me to move them has disappeared and for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. Any ideas??? I would really like to get these large files off my tiny SSD.
Thanks

How tiny is the SSD?

Moving app date is not the best way to reclaim space.

You can move page file and possibly hiberfill. W7 looks in path for app data and if you move it you will have to modify it for the new location plus some legacy apps wont recognize the new location.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/192226-how-transfer-appdata-files-drive-d.html
Relevancy 52.46%

If I installed a program like Lotus Notes on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 and then discovered that the program didn?t function the way I need it to and then restored the computer back to a point before the installation, would it be okay to delete the Lotus Notes folder that was created in the AppData\Local\ folder since those files won?t be used anymore? Does the registry need those files?

A:Deleting Files Out of AppData\Local

Yeah, you can delete it in that case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/125399-deleting-files-out-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,

My google chrome was hanging.So googled around and when i wanted to deleted the temp folder contents i deleted the contents of the local folder.It deleted some 1.3 gb of data.Is it a must to always to delete the contents of this folder or is it okay if i leave it alone.Because there was some contents of 1.3 gb of data.will it affect the way windows operates?

Also please tell me how to keep the system running properly and also to remove the junk from my system
which tools to use and which folders should i look into make my system running faster.
help would be appreciated.

A:deleted the files in %appdata% folder!

Use ccleaner from Piriform to deal with junk files.

You deleted the contents of your C:\Users\Your User\AppData\Local folder? You might have to reinstall some programs if things start to go wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/196280-deleted-files-appdata-folder.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I need to clear some space from my System drive but the only place from where i can delete the files is AppData folder. But i am confused which files can i delete and from which i cant.
Can you pls give me some hint ?
Thanks !

A:Which files to delete from AppData folder

Have you done a disk cleanup with the windows tool or with CCleaner?

I'm not sure I'd try deleting stuff directly from AppData.

Have you uninstalled unneeded programs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/192013-files-delete-appdata-folder.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm looking to delete files to free up some space in my C drive & i'd like to know which files are safe to delete from the AppData folder...thanks mucho!

A:FILES SAFE TO DELETE IN AppDATA FOLDER

The only files that really should deleted from AppData are the folders of programs that are no longer installed on your computer. The AppData folder generally doesn't take up very much room unless you are a program junky like me (I have only 99 and yes, I use them all at least once in a blue moon); even with as many programs as I have, my AppData folder is just under 1GB.

Assuming the 80GB drive you listed in your specs is your C drive, you may have issues other than the AppData folder causing the crowding. All that should be on that drive are programs and the OS. That's all I have on my C drive and it's only 56GB, which is actually quite high because I have a huge hyberfil.sys file (24GB) due to having 32GB of RAM (I can't reduce it or disable hibernation since my UPS uses hibernation to shut down my computer without loss of data in the advent of a power failure; if anything, I may someday need to increase it), and I could safely fit the contents of my C drive onto yours, albeit just barely (I'm assuming your C drive is a SSD; SSDs need at least 20-25% free space at all times to work most efficiently and reduce life shortening writes).

We need more information to be able to help you, such as what all do you have on your C drive?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/304638-files-safe-delete-appdata-folder.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I am debugging an problem with an application which uses AppData Local Temp to store its temporary files My questions are Q Does W ever automatically delete files from this folder Q Is each application supposed to delete the files it creates Q If ...\AppData\Local\Temp in files deleted? do How get Q is YES are their known cases where a badly written application goes delete AppData Local Temp That would cause my problem as it would delete my temporary files I ask because the symptom of the problem I am debugging How do files in ...\AppData\Local\Temp get deleted? is that the application's temporary files in AppData Local Temp suddenly get deleted which causes the application How do files in ...\AppData\Local\Temp get deleted? to lose data Note that the files being deleted are not quot held open by the application quot so there is no protection from their being deleted by another program Also I know that cleaning programs can be scheduled to clean AppData Local Temp but I am ignoring that for the moment - I want to know what W does Thanks

A:How do files in ...\AppData\Local\Temp get deleted?

> Q1 Does W7 ever automatically delete files from this folder?
Not that I have ever seen.
> Q2 Is each application supposed to delete the files it creates?
In my opinion, apps should cleanup after themselves, but many apps do not.
> Q3 If Q2 is YES, are their known cases where a badly written application goes delete ...\AppData\Local\Temp\*.*? That would cause my problem as it would delete my temporary files.
I don't know of any "normal" apps that delete temp files that were created by other apps. Of course, apps that are designed to delete some or all temp files (e.g. CCleaner) will delete temp file created by other apps.
You can use Process Monitor to determine which app is removing the temp file of interest.

Set a filter for Path > contains > AppData\Local\Temp > Include

If desired, you can be more specific with the filter above. You can include one of the files that holds data of interest. If desired, you can add a a filter to include entries for every temp file of interest.

If need be, you can temporarily exclude the app that writes the data to these temp files. Right click on the app name and select exclude from the context menu. That should let you see any other apps that are acting on the temp files of interest.

If you need to let Process Monitor run for a long time, set a local backing file.
(Menu bar > Files > Backing Files...)

If you need more help using Process Monitor, search YouTube or post your questions here in this thread.
If need be, we can probably come up with a script that will alert you to when the temp files are deleted. Knowing the exact time of deletion might help you find the entries of interest within Process Monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/388069-how-do-files-appdata-local-temp-get-deleted.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Why some programs by default dont install in program files but install in app data or something?

A:Why does software install to AppData and others to Program Files?

As far as I know, Program Files and Program Files (x86) require Admin Permissions for files to be created and run, this includes something to do with the Windows Registry as well.

AppData can allow software such as Firefox and Chrome be installed without Admin approval, that's why a Standard user account can install their own browser and why it's better for security purposes.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16276139/difference-between-program-data-and-appdata

One of the benefits of installing to Program Files is that is exactly where the user expects it to go. Usually users go here first to look where the program is installed. The biggest downside is that the user needs administrative privileges, which isn't always required by the program.Click to expand...

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12427245/installing-in-program-files-vs-appdata
http://superuser.com/questions/8039...er-install-firefox-to-their-c-users-xx-folder
Where Should I Write Program Data Instead of Program Files?

Please correct, if information is not accurate.

Mod Edit: Changed thread title by @yesnoo

https://malwaretips.com/threads/why-does-software-install-to-appdata-and-others-to-program-files.57751/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have 200 folders in the C:/user/owner/local with names similar to {4BAD3A78-8A70-44D6-AD84-CF42571B0CD6}. All of them show 0 bytes, 0 files, 0 folders. What the heck are these?

Ron Burnes

A:Files in User/Owner/AppData/Local

Hello anaron

These files are safe to delete if you wish. There are many threads here as to where they come from, some say from windows live mail or messenger and others have different views but I don't remember there been a conclusive answer. The only thing we all agreed on is that the can be safely deleted if you want to however they take up no space so can be left alone.
My advise is to leave them in the recycle bin for a few days just to make sure you have no issues.

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/212618-files-user-owner-appdata-local.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have a couple laptops that both came with windows 8.1 that im going to be selling. both were upgraded to win10 during the free upgrade period and both are currently on anniversary edition. when i look at the activation page, it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account". naturally, i will reset windows before sale so does this mean the new owner will not be able to activate windows 10 since it wont be done with my acct? do i need to track down restore media for each and put win8 back on?

A:is the free win10 upgrade transferable to another owner?

That's actually very interesting because historically and even when I had my stint on Windows 10, the license is tied to the machine, not the user. What I would do is reset those laptops and set them up with a local account and see if the activation status is an issue.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/445645-free-win10-upgrade-transferable-another-owner.html
Relevancy 51.6%

This problem has been happening recently whenever I try to open appdata folder directly by typing appdata by using Windows Logo Q or simply type it down after going to metro menu that's what it's called stutters my Explorer typing + Win Opening appdata %appdata% Q in restarts... by exe VERY BADLY so that I can hardly move my mouse cursor Stutter happens only for moment less than a minute usually but appdata folder does NOT open When I make another attempt to open the folder using same method folder still does not open but explorer exe restarts probably crashes and automatically starts it again and then I can open the appdata folder normally using same method After all of these are done Opening appdata by typing %appdata% in Win + Q restarts... I can open appdata folder with no problem unless I restart the laptop Or restart explorer exe before trying to open appdata folder I am assuming that one of the program that I've installed recently is causing the problem but I can't seem to figure it out I've searched everywhere in Google couldn't find an answer but one answer saying about using ShellexViewer to disable any extension attached to Explorer exe but looks like it doesn't do the trick Halp D

A:Opening appdata by typing %appdata% in Win + Q restarts...

What happens if you switch to desktop first then press Winkey+r and type %appdata% in the Run box?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/61400-opening-appdata-typing-appdata-win-q-restarts.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My 5 year old old laptop broke and I have salvaged its HDD with the folders. ( pictured below.)

The HDD showed a recovery partition which was empty, and a Data Partition containing 7 folders
The AppData and Contacts folders on the salvaged HDD are empty

I am planning to transfer the data to the new W10 laptop which should be straight forward, but am confused as to to how my old laptops personal settings and preferences, contacts and bookmarks will be transferred. I thought such info was in the AppData or users files, but those files are empty.

I do not have access to the old laptop's OS. Are the preferences, settings and email contacts lost, or am I missing something?? Thanks for your help!

A:Trying to transfer data files from salvaged HDD Cant find AppData

I'd like to see your Disk Management

Download dmDskmgr-vg.zip (contains dmDskmgr-vg.mmc)
Open the compressed folder, dmDskmgr-vg.zip
Double click dmDskmgr-vg.mmc to launch it
Press the Open button if prompted Do you want to open this file?
Answer yes to the User Account Control promptPress Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
Attach the image to a new post

Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/54933-trying-transfer-data-files-salvaged-hdd-cant-find-appdata.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So for some reason all of my personal profile settings for applications are being saved to the wrong user accounts.

For example my current account's app profiles are being set under the Guest appdata local roaming folders.

How can I change it so everything is set under the respective user's account folder?

A:AppData files being saved to the wrong user account

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in helping you, if your problem is still around, please can you do the following:
> Click on the Start button/globe.
> Enter User Accounts into the search bar and open.
> In the new Window, click on Change my environment variables.

Whilst leaving that Window open...
> Click on the Start button/globe.
> Type the following but do not enter: %USERPROFILE%
> Take a screenshot and post back here.

This screenshot should show the Environment Variables window and the results of inputting %USERPROFILE% into the search bar.

You can upload screenshots to this forum by going to Go Advanced when replying, then inside the Additional Options there is a Management Attachments button. Of course, you can also upload to any other image sharing site and share the link.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/appdata-files-being-saved-to-the-wrong-user-account-755529.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi people Marvelous guide btw I have some experience using HijackThis SAS and Malwarebytes Though but sure I in (UpdateChecker.exe) files Agent Changes name Local new Trojan exe Appdata, to got it all away this time Thanks for all help in advance Got -bit Windows so no gmer log DDS report DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Gule at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DAC -C - B -BB - DA SP Trojan Agent (UpdateChecker.exe) in Local Appdata, Changes name to new exe files Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated ABEC DA -E C- F - B -AA E D BDD SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C windows system lsm exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files x Cisco Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client vpnagent exe C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv Trojan Agent (UpdateChecker.exe) in Local Appdata, Changes name to new exe files exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Intel BluetoothHS BTHSAmpPalService exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth devmonsrv exe C windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Intel BluetoothHS BTHSSecurityMgr exe C windows system taskhost exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Windows system CxAudMsg exe C Program Files Conexant SA CxUtilSvc exe C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C windows Trojan Agent (UpdateChecker.exe) in Local Appdata, Changes name to new exe files system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth obexsrv exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C windows system SearchIndexer exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware NisSrv exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth mediasrv exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth BTPlayerCtrl exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C Program Files x Opera opera exe C windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C windows system wuauclt exe C Users Gule AppData Local Opera Opera temporary downloads Defogger exe C windows system conhost exe C windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C windows system SearchFilterHost exe C windows SysWOW cmd exe C windows system conhost exe C windows SysWOW cscript exe C windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe uRun Google Update quot C Users Gule AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c uRun SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe mRun VirtualCloneDrive quot C Program Files x Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe quot s mRun IAStorIcon C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe StartupFolder C Users Gule AppData Roaming MICROS Windows STARTM Programs Startup ADOBEG LNK - C Program Files x Common ... Read more

A:Trojan Agent (UpdateChecker.exe) in Local Appdata, Changes name to new exe files

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452819/trojan-agent-updatecheckerexe-in-local-appdata-changes-name-to-new-exe-files/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi i am running Windows 7 64-bit home edition and regularly clean out my cookies, temp folders from the tools button in firefox, i recently got UniBlue and did a scan and it read over 6,000 files in this folder "C:\Users\Kyle\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\" however when i go to my windows explorer and look for this file, i am cut off at ...\Microsoft\Windows\. There are 12 folders available for me to look through yet looking at the properties tab of \Windows\ shows over 120 folders in \Windows\ and most bugs like to hide in temporary internet files. Does anyone know how to unlock that file so i can do it myself?

PS
No, clocking delete internet history,cookies, and recent files does NOT work in firefox or IE

A:Cannot open Temporary Internet Files Folder in AppData

Run Treesize Free -- see what it finds in the ...\low folder.

You should see \Content.IE5 folders (related to IE) + \AntiPhishing and possibly some temp files.

http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-open-temporary-internet-files-folder-in-appdata-590854.html
Relevancy 51.6%

This has happened to me a few times recently Dunno what's causing it and I just recently uninstalled Pokki too Whenever I use the File Explorer to go into AppData to delete some leftover files from like Minecraft which is what I just did too Windows Explorer Appdata Windows from Explorer when crashing files deleting just crashes and reboots and I dunno what is causing this Here's the error log from the Action Center technical details section Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date AM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path C Windows explorer exe Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Explorer EXE Application Version Application Timestamp a ac Fault Module Name SHELL dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp fb Exception Code c fd Exception Offset adb OS Version Locale ID Additional Information be b Additional Information be b eb da c c e ff e Additional Information be b Additional Information be b eb da c c e ff e Extra information about the problem Bucket ID b c fa e f d e a cfb - This happened the moment I deleted a file from Appdata Any ideas on how to fix or is this a common problem with the OS

A:Windows Explorer crashing when deleting files from Appdata

Figured it out. Turns out its the shell extension stuff from Kaspersky Internet Security 2013. Joy. Cause the issue doesn't happen when the context menu stuff is disabled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519800/windows-explorer-crashing-when-deleting-files-from-appdata/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Windows Vista Home Premium Addition I was having a virus which shows new creates files in Exe names Virus with appdata\Temp directory a blank screen after we do winlogin as it was activating a exe files and CTRL ALT DEL and was Virus creates Exe files with new names in appdata\Temp directory not working Fixed the problem by deleting the files and updatign the registry entry New problem started after this now can login to computer and it gets slower after sometime Registry editing is disabled by adminstrator Task Manger is is disabled by adminstrator using the option F can enter the system and modify the registry entries but they are restored back to old after the next restart Tried to restore the system to previous points but after the process get error exception problem and the things are not restored to any previous points Found that after winlogin is done there are exe files are created in directory username appdata temp and they are loaded in memory also There are temp files associated with it also in same directory It has also made appdata as hidden directory If we delete these files in next reboot they are created with new names and loaded to memory Which virus is causing this please help Thanks

A:Virus creates Exe files with new names in appdata\Temp directory

Hello dinku Welcome to TSF.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html
After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic,
as this one will be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/virus-creates-exe-files-with-new-names-in-appdata-temp-directory-344861.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I am writing a program and wish to save user preferences in the AppData\Local directory, which seems to be the right place to do this. On some (but not all) computers I tested, the folders which I create with my C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\ directory
and the files that they contain are removed when I log out.
The same happens if I try to create a folder and a file: manually:
C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\testFolder\testFile.txt
I haven't been able to find any mention of this problem on the Web.
Is there some sort of parametrization in Windows that controls whether files and folders are automatically deleted from this directory ?
Thanks.
Best regards.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/33a98766-9699-4b1e-b4db-cc474f3cb7eb/files-and-folders-in-appdatalocal-folder-delete-when-logging-out?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.74%

So when I'm in my normal computer a in C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe. ?Malicious? files file kept trying to download gif files and stuff and Avast kept marking it as malware and stopping it from downloading so I tried to figure out when it was from and it led me to my Adobe folder in LocalLow and I see folders named a bunch of random letters that have files that are ALSO named things completely random a exe file keeps ?Malicious? files in C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe. executing itself while I'm using the computer and using kb of RAM and opens MANY of them however Avast and MalwareBytes have had no luck removing it I'm in safe mode with networking right now and still nothing I'd really appreciate some help The file that kept auto executing was gyizacobfkwx exe it seems to be masquerading itself as google chrome Inside my adobe folder one of the gibberish folders is filled with stuff that looks like a users ?Malicious? files in C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe. folder merged with my windows folder except none of the inside folders contain any files In my normal computer use I also tried running rkill but rkill didn't do anything at all I don't know what I'm dealing with right now I tried to run Avast but it seemed to have disabled avast somehow I don't know how It tells me that it can't run the scan because of missing endpoints

A:?Malicious? files in C:\Users\MYUSER\AppData\LocalLow\Adobe.

Try checking the file on virustotal.com and see what anti-virus products pick up something and to find out what kind of malware it is. Then see if any of the well known AV's that detected something have a free online scanner you can try.

You can try Autoruns to perhaps stop the program from starting after boot. Autoruns for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/347680-malicious-files-c-users-myuser-appdata-locallow-adobe.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I run Windows slow files number Huge AppData causing of scanning using Google and occasional Firefox but not IE In XP I Huge number of AppData files causing slow scanning could instruct the system to delete Temp Int files but there is no such facility in Windows and I am assuming that somehow these don t get deleted automatically as I was lead to believe but remain in the AppData folder There I find that Huge number of AppData files causing slow scanning AppData Local Temp has files in folders using GB of space In view of previous comments about the inadvisability of simply deleting anything in the AddData folder I am wary of doing so but can t believe that this number of files serves any useful purpose Does anyone have any thoughts These files really clog up the regular scanning that I do Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card RADEON X Series Secondary Microsoft Corporation - WDDM Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc HJ Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Huge number of AppData files causing slow scanning

Since I use IE, I keep things clean up by using the Delete under "Internet Options, General tab and in the Browsing area".
There look at the Settings and Delete, to see how you may be able to clean things up a bit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/huge-number-of-appdata-files-causing-slow-scanning.1130149/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi

can i detele the files inside c:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\

i tried _http://www.justanswer.com/computer/5dl5x-c-users-user-app-data-local-microsoft-windows-files-contains.html

but it doesn't clean them ,and ccleaner

and the windows clean tool doesn't empty this folder

thanks

A:can i delete the files inside c:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Microsoft?

No Don`t Do it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295713-can-i-delete-files-inside-c-users-user-appdata-local-microsoft.html
Relevancy 50.31%

can't identify malware periodically creating folders amp files in folders periodically malware Temp1_ appdata/local/tem files .zip * & creating Temp zip in appdata local temp have situation very similar to Malware creating files in appdata local temp amp hijacking admin rights Started by sarvalito May AM http www bleepingcomputer com forums t malware-creating-files-in-appdatalocaltemp-hijacking-admin-rights or malware periodically creating folders & files Temp1_ * .zip in appdata/local/tem Lost GB of HD space in a few days Started by Antonio Feb AM http www bleepingcomputer com forums t lost- -gb-of-hd-space-in-a-few-days can't malware periodically creating folders & files Temp1_ * .zip in appdata/local/tem identify what process or malware periodically creating copying from different locations folders amp files in appdata local temp i e TEMP with the same pattern in name Temp FILENAME zip have found that it maybe related to Google desktop or Windows indexing service http www vistax com vista-file-management -how-can-i-stop-temp-folder-expanding-take-over-my-whole-system-disk html but i've not have GDS and stopped win indexing Any idea why this is happening and how do I disable it Could Windows Search be the culprit Look forward to any advice on this below is FRST txt log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by GoodEnd administrator on GOODEND-DELAZ on - - Running from C Users GoodEnd Desktop antivirus FRST Loaded Profiles GoodEnd Available profiles GoodEnd amp Guest Platform Windows Pro X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition gzserv exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe ATI Technologies Inc C Windows System Ati evxx exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe AVAST Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wlanext exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostControlService exe Broadcom Corporation C Program Files Broadcom Corporation Broadcom USH Host Components CV bin HostStorageService exe Broadcom Corporation C Windows System BtwRSupportService exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dasHost exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hp Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe Bitdefender C Program Files Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition gziface exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Avast Software C Program Files AVAST Software Avast ng vb... Read more

A:malware periodically creating folders & files Temp1_ * .zip in appdata/local/tem

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Open notepad (Start =>All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below.

start

CloseProcesses:

GroupPolicy: Group Policy on Chrome detected <======= ATTENTION
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-523973353-2006286681-1537153563-1001\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
Toolbar: HKLM - No Name - {CC1A175A-E45B-41ED-A30C-C9B1D7A0C02F} - No File
FF user.js: detected! => C:\Users\GoodEnd\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bbt4xuxm.default\user.js
FF Extension: {e621d201-3005-463f-b8e2-4d12b385773f} - C:\Users\GoodEnd\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bbt4xuxm.default\Extensions\{e621d201-3005-463f-b8e2-4d12b385773f}.xpi [2014-12-15]
CHR HomePage: Default -> hxxp://isearch.omiga-plus.com/?type=hp&ts=1418982105&from=free&uid=SAMSUNGXHN-M500MBB_S2R7J1DB701610
CHR HKLM-x32\...\Chrome\Extension: [gomekmidlodglbbmalcneegieacbdmki] - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\WebRep\Chrome\aswWebRepChrome.crx [2014-11-19]
S2 HPSLPSVC; C:\Users\GoodEnd\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS0742\hpslpsvc64.dll [X]
S3 atikmdag; \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys [X]
S3 BdCameraProtect; \??\C:\Program Files (x86)\Baidu-Security-2014-4.4.4.73687\Baidu Antivirus\BdCameraProtect64.sys [X]
S1 Bfilter; \??\C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Bfilter.sys [X]
S1 Bfmon; \??\C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Bfmon.sys [X]
S1 Bnbase; System32\drivers\bnbasex64.sys [X]
S1 Bndef; \??\C:\Windows\System32\drivers\bndef64.sys [X]
S1 Bprotect; \??\C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Bprotect.sys [X]
S3 catchme; \??\C:\ComboFix\catchme.sys [X]
S3 ew_hwusbdev; \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ew_hwusbdev.sys [X]
S3 ew_usbenumfilter; \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ew_usbenumfilter.sys [X]
S3 huawei_cdcacm; \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ew_jucdcacm.sys [X]
S3 huawei_enumerator; \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ew_jubusenum.sys [X]
S3 huawei_ext_ctrl; \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\ew_juextctrl.sys [X]
S3 huawei_wwanecm; \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ew_juwwanecm.sys [X]
S3 R300; \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys [X][/B]
C:\Users\GoodEnd\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\bbt4xuxm.default\Extensions\{e621d201-3005-463f-b8e2-4d12b385773f}.xpi
Task: {DA8E1F10-6CF1-421C-8E6B-5052ADB156AD} - \FSSUpdaterService No Task File <==== ATTENTION
AlternateDataStreams: C:\ProgramData\TEMP:A5C00DEE

End
Save the files as fixlist.txt into the same folder as FRSTRun FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===If the problem persists continue with this scan.--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop Download RogueKillerQuit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======How is the computer running now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568995/malware-periodically-creating-folders-files-temp1-zip-in-appdatalocaltem/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi After Dell support tried to troubleshoot some network card issues they downloaded creating admin Malware appdata/local/temp files hijacking rights in & a buncha stuff including windows updates and drivers but also f-d some stuff up because after that my McAfee stopped working and Dell said it was a bug with McAfee that they were seeing a lot and uninstalled it paid version mind you and said to ignore it At the same Malware creating files in appdata/local/temp & hijacking admin rights time they replaced the MB and ever since then I've been having issues with my MB sound where the sound from the speakers L and R come out of only the L integrated onboard speaker However if I plug in headphones into the jack then it properly plays L sound from L headphone and R sound from R headphone Dell keeps trying to get me to download this and that to try and solve the issue and I am worried that they are causing some of my problems Especially since the last series of updated they made to my drivers somehow made my McAfee not work at all and they disabled it Which is exactly the same time frame that all the files popped up in my temp folder I have no idea if any of this is related or just coincidental Then a week or so after I noticed my laptop's hard drive space got sucked in half with a small SSD it was clear something was wrong I noticed in my appdata local temp there are dozens of zip files being made each day named Temp - followed by a personal file folder name through Temp -xx everyday that I turn on my computer and it goes online it seems to generate a new series of these folder copies In addition I also see folders created titled Temp blinkyappRsrc en-US zip and Temp obsidianappRsrc en-US zip A during the last few weeks I did get the BS error with some sort of kernel error message that I unfortunately do not have a picture of It was when Dell was trying to troubleshoot my computer and downloaded some drivers I am not sure if it was a valid error or not but I thought I would just mention it Opening task manager there are multiple instances of the following running processes WmiPrvSE exe instances chrome exe instances nvvsvc exe svchost exe dllhost exe varies csrss exe This is a Dell xps z running Windows with Avast and having run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware quick and full-no malware was found CCleaner has been run error checking Something just isn't adding up I would greatly appreciate any assistance AVAST detected a Win Trojan john exe in some of those temp files but has moved them to sandbox also i noticed that there were approx files folders in appdata local temp that I was not able to delete when i tried it told me i need admin rights well i'm the main account and only admin account holder so i couldn't understand why under my account as admin i am not given security to access those files so I checked the permissions and i saw home users and an unknown account S- - - - - - - both having permissions in addition to my account guest and administrators I deleted the unknown account and am doing a search on the user name on my C drive to see if I see it anywhere else so far it is showing up in C Windows Tasks as a GoogleUpdateTaskUserS- - - - - - UA job protected lock icon C Windows Tasks as a GoogleUpdateTaskUserS- - - - - - Core job protected lock icon SARVI- Z Users Guest AppData Roaming Microsoft Protect S- - - - - - - SARVI- Z Users Sarvi AppData Roaming Microsoft Crypto RSA S- - - - - - - C ProgramData Microsoft PlayReady Cache not shared protected lock icon C Users Guest AppData Roaming Microsoft Protect S- - - - - - - shared C ProgramData Microsoft Application Virtualization Client SoftGrid Client AppFS Storage ENU- - - GlblVol sftfs v S- - - - - - - pkg C ProgramData Microsoft Application Virtualization Client SoftGrid Client AppFS Storage ENU- - - GlblVol sftfs v S- - - - - - - tmp Any help would be greatly appreciated This is my only computer and I need it as it is my only method to work thanks again in advance for a... Read more

A:Malware creating files in appdata/local/temp & hijacking admin rights

also as I stated, this is a SSD and I hate to think what all this adding/deleting is doing to the lifespan of the drive. if I even have a drive to save anymore since I can't seem to find what the heck has infected the system.

please any help would be greatly appreciated! I really need this computer in order to work.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494585/malware-creating-files-in-appdatalocaltemp-hijacking-admin-rights/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all.

I just built a new system with win764. I took my old hard drive which also had win764 and hooked it up to transfer all my files over to the new system.

Problem is if I go to

D:\Users\MYUSER\Application Data

its showing me the contents of

C:\Users\MYUSER\Application Data

I dont know if it's a symbolic link or whatever. What can I do to "unlink" the old and the new?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

A:Win7 C:AppData and D:AppData cant access

Hi dotdot. Can you open Computer from the start menu and then open the D:\ form there? If so it shoulde be a straight forward copy/paste operation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164590-win7-c-appdata-d-appdata-cant-access.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Good evening I was having a bit of difficulty dealing with a certain virus which has infected my computer It started when a number maybe ish of infected files were picked up by my AVG antivirus and sent to the virus vault I immediately rebooted in safe mode creates files .exe AppData "infected" new folder in Virus the such as to conduct a virus scan there I ran it twice first time removed infections all of which were in the AppData folder second time found none I went ahead and rebooted normally only to find that a new virus had been made once again in the AppData folder Ran Virus creates new "infected" .exe files in the AppData folder a controlled virus scan in AppData it found one more Ten minutes later Virus creates new "infected" .exe files in the AppData folder ran again found nothing I went again into Safe Mode to try and remove the viruses AVG found nothing Rebooted into normal another virus was created in AppData Ran a controlled scan in AppData found one more I admit to not being extremely tech-savvy but from what I gather the virus seems to be generating new viruses I would appreciate if someone could help me resolve this issue I've followed the instructions in the quot NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting for Malware Removal Help quot to the best of my abilities and I don't believe I've missed a step Please let me know if I can provide any more information to help Here is my DDS txt --- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Alexander at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Running Processes C windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C windows system lsm exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C windows System spoolsv exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C windows system taskhost exe C windows system Dwm exe C windows Explorer EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C windows system ThpSrv exe C windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C windows system taskeng exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TecoService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Power Saver TPwrMain exe C windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SmoothView SmoothView exe C windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files TOSHIBA FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Windows System ThpSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA USB Sleep and Charge Utility TUSBSleepChargeSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TECO TEco exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files TOSHIBA BulletinBoard TosNcCore exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ReelTime TosReelTimeMonitor exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Apoint K HidFind exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Windows System ico exe C windows system conhost exe C Windows System FSRremoS EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C windows system igfxext exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station TMachInfo exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFIWmxSvcs exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFS... Read more

A:Virus creates new "infected" .exe files in the AppData folder

Good morning,

I don't mean to inadvertently bump the thread, however, I feel that I have some additional information which may be beneficial.

The virus either restores or creates a new virus every 10 - 15 minutes.

The virus keeps generating the .exe files into their own individual folders (once again, under AppData/Local/etc or AppData/Roaming/etc...)

Turning off the wifi appears to prevent the virus from generating new .exe files.

Hope this is helpful!

Sincerely,
Alex

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/virus-creates-new-infected-exe-files-in-the-appdata-folder-513662.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello!

I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question, but here goes:

So I've finally upgraded to Win7x86 Pro. But I've noticed something kinda odd. I've found that some programs' configuration settings are not being saved. I've also noticed that in each instance, the configs are being stored in appdata/roaming or in the "program files" subdirectories for the given app.

What to do besides installing all my software outside "program files"? And what to do about programs that save configs in appdata?

I'm pretty sure something can be done in Security (I'm familiar with setting permissions/ownership/etc, but I'd rather not tinker until someone drops me a line on this).

I'm an experienced user, so I'll probably get any instructions easily, so don't feel the need to over-explain =)

Thanks so much for reading, and thanks for the help!

-Wolf

A:Program Access in Appdata; Program Files

Hi, welcome to the new world of computing what you see is by design and very effective it is too. I could wear my fingers out trying to explain how this works and why I support it, however, easier if I just give you a link:- (references Vista applies to Seven as well)

Managing Roaming User Data Deployment Guide

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/program-access-in-appdata-program-files-598728.html
Relevancy 42.57%

This is not really a problem more like a nerdy technical question since I like being informed about the goings-on in my PC I hope I posted it in the right section since IMVU would probably fall instead IMVU Files" "Program in "AppData\Roaming" of Installed more under quot game quot than anything else I have always been curious as to why would the developers of the chat client IMVU decide to have the program install within C Users username AppData Roaming IMVUClient previous versions did so under quot Documents and Settings quot instead of quot Program Files quot or quot Program Files x quot on Windows I am also curious if this unconventional choice could potentially make my PC vulnerable to attacks Now the program works fine AFAIK but I m puzzled by IMVU Installed in "AppData\Roaming" instead of "Program Files" this I m the kind of user who likes having the choice of installing apps in a drive other than C to free space in C for portability etc and who gets nervous when apps do not install or behave the way that I m used to I was told by someone more knowledgeable than me that it was probably a lazy way to get around administrative install rights in Windows Vista and Windows He also added that the cache data of the program shouldn t IMVU Installed in "AppData\Roaming" instead of "Program Files" be in Roaming when there is no upper limit or even default size set on it And yes this has been asked on their forums but no staff member ever answered it only a forum mod who didn t IMVU Installed in "AppData\Roaming" instead of "Program Files" have a clue Any ideas Or am I being overly paranoid Ed nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

There is no AppData in Users/Ellen or Users/Public. I think this is why I can't download/install many things. As always, your help will be much appreciated. ellenc

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395857-no-appdata.html
Relevancy 36.98%
Q: AppData

Hello All,
              I am trying to find the AppData file for spotify, I have unchecked the hidden files and folders, I opened a spotify folder and these files were in there...locales....apps.zip....resources.zip...the reason i want to find it is to make 2 new folders to stop Spotify from updating. any help would be much appreciated.
                                  Regards gunner

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504120/appdata/
Relevancy 36.98%
Q: appdata

I have Vista on my laptop, everytime I try to download anything it tells me i am missing appdata.... how to I fix that

Relevancy 36.98%

So a while back I had to factory reset or hard reset my computer for a few reasons. However after doing that I realized I couldn't click on any of the icons of the bottom of the screen like search the web, the start button, and many others. I looked into it and realized that I don't have the folder app data(I am running Windows 10 from downloading it from Windows 8). This may be the cause of my problem and I was wondering if there would be any way to fix it other than factory/hard reseting my pc again.

A:I don't think I have appdata

Hi @Greenma24, Thank you for your query.I understand that after doing a reset back to factory settings that you are unable to open apps from the icons. You noticed that the folder AppData is empty. You would like to try and rectify this without doing a full reset again.  As you have upgraded to Windows 10 I would try a refresh. This will reinstall the operating system and you will have the option to retain your files.  How to Refresh Windows 10 (from tenforums.com).  If the issue should still remain, I would do a clean install of Windows 10.  How to Clean Install Windows 10 ( tenforums.com). Please keep me apprised of your progress. When you have resolved your difficulty, would you choose "Accepted Solution" on that post to alert other members and visitors to your success and perhaps help them.To show appreciation for my help. please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-don-t-think-I-have-appdata/td-p/5603447
Relevancy 36.98%
Q: AppData

Looking over my files on my SSD and noticed that I have a very large amount of data in my user AppData. My Local folder has 3.5GB and my Roaming has 2.8GB. As I look through these, anything I can safely remove without affecting anything?

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi

I used to run %appdata% from the run command on the start menu. Recently when I try this I am presented with the run program with dialogue rather then the required folder just opening as it always did.

Can anyone tell me what has happened?

I have tried choosing Windows Explorer as the application with whcih to run the command to no avail.

A:Run %appdata%

Why don't you just go to C > Users > Your name > AppData. Note that is a hidden folder. You have to set it to "show" in Explorer > Organize > Folder and Search Options > View.

Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/146524-run-appdata.html
Relevancy 36.98%
Q: Appdata

Is there absolutely no way to redirect files in appdata? New data in some programs always end up in users/appdata/local/virtualstore/.... It's a pain in the butt to move the songs back to where they are supposed to be. It's a big deal to me I've forgot to check important stuff in appdata before formatting since Vista.

A:Appdata

Why are your songs going to the VirtualStore in the first place? You should not be saving them to a protected location like Program Files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/50089-appdata.html
Relevancy 36.55%

How do I access app data folder in 8.1. I cant find it. I need to manually remove some folders hiding in there containing, amongst other things, snap do bug.???? I used to check it regularly in 7, but cant find it in 8 and now 8.1. Spy Hunter 4 is finding these things but says deleted then next check they are back again.

A:AppData Folder

In file explorer go to the view tab and select "hidden items". You will then see it under your user as below.

Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35350-appdata-folder.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello,
I am new to the forum. Just found out something which I cannot understand..
I installed Win7 a while ago, and everything has been going smoothly. But now I noticed a new AppData folder in my user folder(on desktop). This folder is normally found inside C drive - user. This seems to be an exact copy of THAT orifinal folder. When this problem occured, start up was a little slow. There was one more newly created folder names 'searches', which was empty. I just deleted it. What should I do with the AppData folder? By the way I am running Win7 SP1.
Thanks for all your help.

A:New AppData folder?

The usual location for the appData folder is C:\Users\(username)\AppData

If you create a random file (for ex. a new text document) in the AppData folder that you want to delete, does that file also appear in the C:\Users\(username)\AppData folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/179589-new-appdata-folder.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi, I have a recurring threat that keeps being created every few hours. I don't know which application is causing that and none of my installed Malware removal tools were able to find it anywhere on my drive. My Avast program keeps on having to detect that and I need a software that is able to find this and it can help stop it by finding it's files that are doing this. I tried full-scan along with any options checked including unwanted potential software and everything else that would do that (like Malwarebytes for example), but they couldn't find it and it's task schedulers. If anyone has been able to stop this from running and to stop receiving the not found message, please help me do so so it can also get these gone from my computer.

A:Regarding AppData\Roaming\5.exe

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582254/regarding-appdataroaming5exe/
Relevancy 36.55%

MS info says the Roaming folder contains data that can move I have only pc connected to no other device to sysc with nor do I use PC-PC Am I making myself more vulnerable to hackers If so I'll find a way to disable whatever in that folder Roaming This folder appdata contains data that can move with your user profile from PC to PC like when you re on a domain because this data has the ability to sync with a server For example if you sign in to a different PC on a domain your web browser favorites or bookmarks will be available Local This folder localappdata contains data that can't move with your user profile This data is typically specific to a PC or too large to sync with a server For example web browsers usually store their temporary files here LocalLow This folder appdata locallow contains Roaming AppData - data that can't move but also has a lower level of access For example if you're running a web browser in a protected or safe mode the app will only be able access data from the LocalLow folder The apps themselves choose whether to save to the Local LocalLow or Roaming folders Most desktop apps use the Roaming folder by default while most Windows Store apps use the Local folder by default

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/570642/appdata-roaming/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have no appdata file... i found it when i searched my start menu but when i open it it states that the file is empty. Does anyone know how to get it on the computer. I trying to upload Adobe Reader but it gives me an error 1606. How do i fix it?

A:No APPDATA file

%APPDATA% is a system folder. To see the contents, you would type %APPDATA% in the Run box. It won't be empty, but it is a hidden system folder.

I assume you're trying to install Adobe Reader. Upload means to move files from your computer to another computer, server, or the Internet.

What is the full error you're seeing trying to install Adobe Reader? Are you installing it from Adobe's website? Do you have an existing version of Adobe Reader installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-appdata-file.1041000/
Relevancy 36.55%

i deleted my appdata. what do i do

A:appdata deleted

Hello Coolsim, and welcome to Vista Forums.

If it is still not in the Recycle Bin. then you might try the free program Recuva to see if you can restore the appdata folder.

If you can't, then you can create a new user account, and delete the old account from within the new account.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/215572-appdata-deleted.html
Relevancy 36.55%

My laptop has 8 GB of DDR3 1333 MHz RAM. I was thinking maybe I could create a 1 GB RAM disk and have minecraft store it's saves there to speed up the game. The problem is, how could I change %appdata% to E:/, where the RAM disk is? The disk is automatically saved to the HDD at shutdown and automatically reloaded at startup.

A:Changing %appdata%?

With 8 Gigs of RAM on Win 7 x64, the RAM-disk isn't going to help you at all.

This question, however, is probably best asked in the gaming forum. There are sure to be others there that are more familiar with Minecraft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132247-changing-appdata.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm trying to free up some hard drive space and I noticed that my Appdata folder is about 4GB which is a little too big for my liking. Is it possible to slim down this folder or delete it entirely without causing any system errors?

A:Vista AppData

Hi there!

All of the applications aka programs that you have store their settings there. By default, Windows Vista automatically sets that folder to hidden.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204942/vista-appdata/
Relevancy 36.55%

hi Everyone so I'm %appdata% ramdisk on on and just like previously on and XP and before that using ramdisk's currently I have MSI laptop with GB or RAM so for past two months I've been using three separate ramdisk mounted with softperfect ramdisk one of them for temp files which has no image saving and the other two are saving image every minutes and on shutdown then restore on boot everything is working smoothly and perfectly the entire time %appdata% on ramdisk on one of the quot permanent quot ramdisk's I installed Opera and it also uses the same ramdisk for caching and user files command line switch second has a few disk intensive and small apps that are mostly %appdata% on ramdisk running the entire time windows is running I want more so I'm hoping to make one more quot permanent quot ramdisk and move all the appdata folders to it and somehow make windows use those new folders in ramdisk from now on this ramdisk would also have it's image saved to SSD like the other ones every minutes or so and would reload on boot could someone give me an idea how this could be done would I be able to do it with linking junction I've never used those before how would that work

A:%appdata% on ramdisk

The Tutorials section has an article how to move User Profile to another disk or partition. But I'm not sure it would work with a Ramdisk. You might post on that thread "does this work with ramdisk?" etc..

User Profiles - Relocate to another Partition or Disk

I'm thinking Windows might try to use the profile area during boot before the ramdisk exists.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/44475-appdata-ramdisk.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I was unaware about deleteing appdata, so I deleted all of it to free up space, and now I can't open some programs. Like Sony Vegas 11, and Minecraft. I was wondering if their is anyway to fix this problem
Thanks

A:I deleted my appdata

Get this free program:
ShadowExplorer.com - About

If you have a restore point from before you deleted the folder, you may be able to go into ShadowExplorer and copy the folder out. It's good to have anyway in case you want to get something out of a restore point without backversioning all the files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234203-i-deleted-my-appdata.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi everyone I m new here and I m not quite sure if this is the place to post this message I have a Toshiba Satellite notebook running Vista Business SP I m been plagued by these AppData Local Temp NEWxxx TMP EXE which my Outpost Firewall is intercepting several times a day The name of the application keeps changing e g NEW TMP EXE NEWft TMP EXE and so forth I believe it has something to do with a file called SETUP EXE from Search-Results com I ve by AppData Plagued these found on the same folder I ve run my antis against these files and also the above SETUP EXE and they reported these files as clean I ve run all the anti-spyware malware suggested by this forum but none of them got rid of WHAT CREATES SUBMITS these random files I ve also run MSE amp STOPzilla but this nuisance still persists I ve also noticed that the SEARCH-RESULTS COM searching engine KEEPS RREAPPEARING on the Firefox toolbar even AFTER I access the drop down menu containing the available searching engines and DELETE it from the list I ve run GooredFix and this is the log GooredFix by jpshortstuff Log created at on Carlos Firefox version en-US GooredScan GooredLog C Program Plagued by these AppData Files Mozilla Firefox extensions ce c - e - -a - ce fd CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA C Users Carlos Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles kq c default extensions anttoolbar ant com toolbar ask com YoutubeDownloader PeterOlayev com a -c - ed- e - b b db a - edc- ec-a f -b ed d b db a - edc- ec-a f -b ed d e a a b-f ed- b-b d-ee ba HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Mozilla Firefox Extensions quot a -c - ed- e - b quot quot c Windows Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Presentation Foundation DotNetAssistantExtension quot quot ABDE B- A - d b- E - A E quot quot C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin Firefox Ext quot - E O F - Does anyone has a clue on how to get rid of this thing Thanks

A:Plagued by these AppData

Hello, I split yuo to your own topic,it's always the better way.Lets run these and see if thiangs get better.Run TFC by OT (Temp File Cleaner)Please download TFC by Old Timer and save it to your desktop. alternate download linkSave any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser! Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator. Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean..Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387854/plagued-by-these-appdata/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi So after buying my laptop only about weeks ago I only have gigs AppData Deleting out of a gig harddrive I ve loaded probably gigs of programs on here and gigs of music but that only leaves me with Deleting AppData gigs out of taken up This puzzled me and led me to download a program to see where all the memory was allocated on my computer I found this folder deep in the hidden AppData folder in the Users folder that was gigs I opened it and it had a copy of a ton of my music files and a ton of stuff I went through and I have copies in other folders but my question is should I just delete them Are they necessary files The Location of most of the files i want to delete is C Users Erik Maurer AppData Local Temp tmp C F tmp File C Downloads It contains a copy of all my music Should I delete this I have all the music files in my Itunes music folder as well Doesn t make much sense to have two of each files I just want to make sure I won t break anything first nbsp

A:Deleting AppData

As it is in the TEMP folder, I cannot see it will harm anything. Cleaners, such as Ccleaner, take these out by default, mostly without harm. But why not move the downloaded files somewhere safe and see if there are any consequences first.
You can also change the location of you download folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/deleting-appdata.679694/
Relevancy 36.55%

hey its my first post on this website
- i was just browsing my appdata after uninstalling some programs, and i noticed this file  and upon looking into it further i found that it might be infected, i have norton, avast and malwarebyte but none of them seem to detect it
- i have downloaded malwarebyte's rootkit detector and current running scans, finished the scan but no malware found
anything else i need to do? or is my system clean?

A:pdappflex %appdata%

i looked into it further and found it is a file associated with adobe, so everything seems fine

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619545/pdappflex-appdata/
Relevancy 36.55%

Even with using Revo I have seen that the entries under <user>\AppData\Roaming\whatever are not removed.

This is inconvenient, to say the least, when trying to do various schemes of backup and record-data for upgrades/changes/new-PC etc.

Any advice?

A:Uninstall and Appdata

I guess you are right. I have observed also that Revo does not remove everything. I guess the only option is to do it manually or try another uninstaller - which I have not tried yet.

Best Free Program Uninstaller

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/352561-uninstall-appdata.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I hve a dell computer with win 7 loaded. I had Skype loaded and had a problem with it. I unistalled it and tried to reload the program. I keep getting the message: could not access network location %apppdata%\. I looked for appdata with the run option but it could not be found by the system. HELP.

Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I have GBs of space on my hard drive but apparently I am down to GBs of free space though I believe it really should be around GBs of space as I don't have that much stuff stored I went about finding what is taking up all of the space going folder by folder I found that one folder at the location below is taking up GBs of space C AppData Local Microsoft Windows When I go into the folder Select All and hit properties it says only MBs of space is being taking up by everything in there and yes I have hidden files showing I don't know much about this stuff but I'm assuming some of the stuff in this folder is important to have Is there any way I can delete this folder or at least clean up part of it so its not taking up so much space I can't imagine any application I have OK clear to AppData? using that much data I only really use about different applications regularly Thanks

A:OK to clear AppData?

Edit Folder Options to show system files also. That may allow you to see which files are actually taking up all of the space.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/ok-to-clear-appdata-594272.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I notice that one of my backup programs has selected all the folders in my User folder to be backed up. Among those selected is the hidden folder AppData, containing 8800 files. Since there are files in there that seem to change daily, it slows down the daily backup. I am wondering if there is really anything in there that I need to back up.

I've read that some older versions of Outlook and sometimes Windows Live Mail put data in there, but in the past I've restored computers and I've never copied anything from AppData. It does not seem to be the stored emails, perhaps it is confuguration data? So my question is, can I remove AppData from my backup job and what might I be losing?

Thanks

A:Anything in AppData that needs to be backed up?

If my memory serves me correct I remember seeing my Minecraft data in there and some other games' saved data in there. Maybe you can pick particular files inside of AppData instead of all of them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/218677-anything-appdata-needs-backed-up.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Recently i've started to notice that some of my software is storing their cache in wrong places. Normally it should be C:\Users\[my user account name]\AppData\blahblahblah... But now i got steam creating new folder inside "Users" and storing some of it's cache there for reason unknown to me. Also this folder goes under some weirdo name:
C:\Users\РђР?Р?С?РЅРѕ\AppData\Local\Steam\htmlcache
Also i noticed Adobe PDF greated new account folder marked with six unicode replacement characters: C:\Users\������\AppData
Which is even more weird.
Reinstall does not work, so i assume that i have messed with security or access settings for programs or done something else wrong.
Anyone else encountered such behaviour?

A:W7 AppData issue

Welcome to the forum. Can you do all our scans and post results these will tell us whats wrong hopefully PCHF System Scans

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/126713-w7-appdata-issue.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Can get iTunes to work right??!

A:%appdata%\ error

What is the problem? What does your title mean? What are the specs of your machine?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/appdata-error.1022469/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have been having trouble with what seems like with Issue AppData an issue with my AppData folder My firefox displayed a message stating quot Could not initialize the application's security document quot and it stopped displaying bookmarks and history I restarted my computer after backing up my bookmarks I received a message as my desktop appeared saying that the application has failed to start I then get a message saying my ati catalyst control center has failed I have since reinstalled firefox and catalyst control center and the drivers a couple times and have left ccc off completely I ran an error check on my drive I still fail to open my firefox bookmarks and history Issue with AppData and I receive that same error message at start So before this had all happened I was installing various games and alcohol After a couple failed installs I had to go through and delete some files and it is possible i accidentaly deleted something somewhere I shouldnt have The deffinite last thing I did before I noticed the issues I described earlier was install a patch on mechwarrior I have uninstalled that game since I have vista btw

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/issue-with-appdata-425669.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7600]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Windows\system32>*set*
'*set*' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
C:\Windows\system32>

This is the response I got when I followed Phantom's directions.
Anything else?

A:need help with appdata reply

Please continue in your original thread HERE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-appdata-reply.967619/
Relevancy 36.55%

I was wondering if there was any software that scans the appdata and checks what folders can safely be removed without any programs settings getting reset

A:AppData Clearing Up

Help please :c my appdata is 20gb

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/252116-appdata-clearing-up.html
Relevancy 36.55%

wow not posted in this section for ages!

Anyway I was just wondering if you can relocate the folder as mine is pretty large and I have 30gb left on my SSD. Are there any potential pitfalls in doing this?

A:appdata relocation

Try it and see.

I would not move any components of the OS to another drive, including Programs which become integrated when they write Reg Keys during install.

If my AppData was burgeoning, I would consider a cleaner meaner reinstall. Or at least browse the folder to see what Programs are using the most space to reconsider those. Temp folders can also be emptied.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/126837-appdata-relocation.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi everyone I'm new here but hoping I can get a bit of info When you install software on Windows XP or Vista I believe it works the same it usually places its data files in one or both of User gt Appdata gt Local and Roaming My question is what determines if a program places its files under roaming and or local I assume it may have to do with how user accounts are setup and what profile you install from I ask because I am writing a program and need to access these files for various other programs I need folders AppData to know if I AppData folders can reliably say that because a program placed files in the Roaming folder on Machine A that it will do the same on all machines or if I'll have to do a check for either I hope that makes sense Any insight would be very helpful or perhaps a link to a better place to ask cheers Lee

A:AppData folders

Hello Leevh, and welcome to the vista forums

Not sure if this will give you the information you need but between the article and the MS links hopefully it will help ...

Vista PC Guy ? The difference between Local and LocalLow Folders

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/214394-appdata-folders.html
Relevancy 36.55%

When trying to install software and other programs in the last few days, APPDATA% error comes up..how do I fix this?
Bout an hour ago, I tried to install software and drivers for a Hp all in one printer and the APPDATA popped up again. Help.

A:APPDATA repair

Most likely permissions are incorrect.

1 Navigate to C:\Users\Your Account Name.
2 Click the Tools menu (below the navigation bar) and select Folder Options.
3 In the View tab check Show hidden files and folders.
4 The AppData folder should now be visible. Right click it and hit Properties.
5 Go to the Security tab allow everything for all users under the Permissions pane.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/245724-appdata-repair.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Bear with me as this is something I have never experienced being around computers for about years I am not a professional just my..What is Oh for? the folder appdata a casual user who has learned a thing or two along the way I have a TB HDD TB Last night or so I Oh my..What is the appdata folder for? just happened to be in Windows Explorer and I noticed the amount of space it said I used and immediately I knew something had to be wrong it was claiming I was using more than GB of space when in reality I am not even using GBwith anything I have installed or downloaded with the computer With some basic research into the drive I noticed it said my users folder then MY name in particular was using GB of space Now a little more info before I proceed on that About a week ago and more I started having trouble with Tuneup Utilities as it would crash when I tried to update it and then I could no longer even open the program There would be times when I would come back to my PC after a long period of time several hours or so and there would LITERALLY be HUNDREDS of boxes open on my screen saying error with tuneup utilities I still thought nothing of it again and simply planned to uninstall it and mess with it later Now while I am trying to figure out why my PC Is showing me as using so much space when I am not I obviously think there is some hidden folders so I right click and highlight the hidden box this option once applied actually seemed to do the opposite of what it used to do for me years back whenever I would be using it for whatever reason instead of showing hidden files it actually hid ALL OF MY FILES and made it look like I never used the PC before I freaked out for a second and simply clicked the box to undo it which scared the heck out of me But while it was unhiding and hiding the files I noticed it blazing through file names so quickly that you can't read any of them Yet both times I noticed it seemed to be just BLAZING through Tuneup Utility files that looked awfully familiar to the error I had been getting so many times Immediately I make a connection So finally when I go into the Appdata folder To my untrained eye it appears this folder exists to somehow log anytime a program messes up I clicked a folder called quot roaming quot which I also have a question for why is there a roaming folder I am using a desktop and it never moves either way in this roaming folder was a tuneup utility folder with gb of crash files For WEEKS every minute my PC was running tuneup utilities would make files file KB file KB file MB YES files per minute EVERY MINUTE the pc is running TL DR Is there a reason to to believe I have a virus Why is there a roaming folder for SOME programs inside of appdata yet other programs folders are shown in two other folders called Local and Local Low What is the purpose of the appdata folder and whats the benefit of using it Assuming I could turn it off that is Can I safely delete the files in there taking up ridiculous amounts of space and more importantly somehow change it so it would no longer make a save and document every time i crashed Back before I uninstalled tuneup I was getting sometimes error messages in seconds turns out every SINGLE time it did that it created some kind of log about it and a HUGE One at that How do you turn that off There has to be a way to turn it off as I dont see any benefit as to saving to my HD a strange file each time something crashes I have never had anything like this ever happen in my life and I have dealt with some pretty weird PC issues I was able to fix going blind

A:Oh my..What is the appdata folder for?

If you mess around with junk like Tune-up utilities, you should expect trouble. Delete all those files in Roaming. And next time you want to know exactly what's on your C partition, use this program: WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36681-oh-my-what-appdata-folder.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I cant install some programs... Everytime while installing it says: Installation failed, error %APPDATA%. I tried installing Live Messenger, iTunes, Adobe and Java. I need those programs but i cant and i dont know how to fix it, i tried the option "show hiden files and folders" i found the folder APPDATA but i cant install nothing..! I really need help...!!

A:Error APPDATA

Hi ElmerCampos
Do you have adminstrator rights for your pc? I believe %appdata% is a systemwide variable. Try creating another account and then installing them through that account. This may help fix the problem by creating an account with default registry entries

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/262610-error-appdata.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Both my laptop and PC are running out of space in the drive C. Turned out the AppData/Local folder was taking up too much space (more than half of the total of the drive). But then when I selected all the files and folders in the AppData/Local folder, right click/Properties, it said the size was only 250MB.
So what exactly is it that's taking up all the space? And how can I get rid of it?

A:Need help with AppData folder

Welcome

A lot of space is taken up by shadow copies.

Go to computer icon>click>right click on c drive>properties> disc clean up> system files.

You will get a lot of space returned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/68886-need-help-appdata-folder.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I have been having trouble with what seems like an issue with my AppData folder My firefox displayed a message stating quot Could not initialize the application s security document quot Issue AppData with and it stopped displaying bookmarks and Issue with AppData history I restarted my computer after backing up my bookmarks I received a message as my desktop appeared saying that the application has failed to start I then get a message saying my ati catalyst control center has failed I have since reinstalled firefox and catalyst control center and the drivers a couple times and have left ccc off completely I ran an error check on my drive I still fail to open my firefox bookmarks and history and I receive that same error message at start So before this had all happened I was installing various games and alcohol After a couple failed installs I had to go through and delete some Issue with AppData files and it is possible i accidentaly deleted something somewhere I shouldnt have The deffinite last thing I did before I noticed the issues I described earlier Issue with AppData was install a patch on mechwarrior I have uninstalled that game since I have vista btw nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-appdata.871711/
Relevancy 36.55%

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, just something that's been bothering me in Windows 7.

I've been trying to hide a folder and the files inside it in a way that will make it immune to being found by the start menu search bar (it's a massive folder and is found in almost any search, it's gotten quite annoying), however I have been incapable of doing this and while looking through things I've found that only folders like appdata are capable of hiding in the way I desire, I've tried everything I know of, removing it from the index, making it a system folder, putting it insider appdata, quite a lot, all this leaves me simply wanting to know, how does appadata hide itself? If I knew that I could probably replicate it.

Sorry for undescriptive post, in somewhat of a rush and may only require a simple answer.

A:How does appdata hide itself?

have you tried any folder hide softwares like winmend folder hidden

WinMend Folder Hidden - Safely and quickly hide files and folders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/286657-how-does-appdata-hide-itself.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Running Vista Business 64bit as a standalone before connecting to SBS 2003. Ever since connecting to sever, appdata is lost after shut down. The user account when the computer was standalone is intact, but the user account that is for connecting to server loses appdata every time.

I have seen a few other inquiries about this issue, but no replies. Can anyone help?

Thank you and Best Regards

A:Lost of appdata

Do you have domain policies that are trumping local settings? Check with your network administrator.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/160321-lost-appdata.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Under user/appdata/roaming/apple/mobilesync/backup i have 60gb of files. I am running out of room on my primary hard drive and have no idea what this 60GB represents. Any suggestions?

I have all of my iTunes stuff on a different HD and backed up in the cloud, so what gives?
TIA

A:Appdata/roaming is too big

Seems to be an Apple/iTunes situation, see http://digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1254183 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454249/appdataroaming-is-too-big/
Relevancy 36.55%

I had my Windows PC setup with Windows installed on what was then my C Drive I installed a SSD as my Master and configured Windows to save to Libraries on my old C drive now called D Problem My SSD is GB but currently has only GB free I install most of my programs to D rather than the SSD but plus Folder more SSD my and AppData in the interest of speed some were installed to the SSD Current SSD Usage MOSCache - MB PerfLogs - Program Files - GB Program Files x - GB ProgramData - GB Users - GB Windows - GB I believe the only one I can SSD and my AppData Folder plus more really make changes to and the one with the most usage is Users AppData is GB and continues to grow Can I move this to another drive Is that advisable because I have read differing opinions Any other thoughts on reducing it's size I don't really want to buy an even larger SSD and my AppData Folder plus more SSD as I think the root problem still exists and AppData will continue to grow Problem When I added the SSD I did an clean install of Windows onto the SSD and kept my old copy of Windows on my old C drive now D Since my TB D drive is currently at GB free deleting my old version of my Windows frees up additional space Should I be safe in doing that Problem My PC periodically after being on for several hours turns itself off and BIOS is reset to boot to the D Drive instead of the SSD C Drive I have to turn it off access BIOS and tell it the primary boot drive is the SSD Why would this be happening Problem Firefox downloads to a download folder on the SSD How can I have it download to the Downloads folder on my D Drive So there you have my burning questions of the day I would appreciate any help you can provide Bob

A:SSD and my AppData Folder plus more

#2 - You have a lot of room on the 2TB drive, so wait until you have the SSD setup the way you want with everything moved off it before deleting the old install.

#4 - Click on Firefox top left then Options / Options. Change the folder pointed to under Downloads or do as I do and select Always ask me where to save files.

#3 - What make SSD did you buy? Have you done any searching for problems with it? Some SSDs are not very stable from what I've been reading. I just ordered a Kingston SSDNow V200 128 GB SATA III which had pretty good reviews. Should get it Tuesday the 21st.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247212-ssd-my-appdata-folder-plus-more.html
Relevancy 36.12%

When I type "%APPDATA% ... in Run > Enter
I get this result. "Favorites" in navigation pane has nothing to do with "%appdata%"
Why doesn't the navigation pane reflect the path "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming" ?

Should I be adding a switch (or something) to the %appdata% string to open the navigation pane as displayed in the address bar ?

File Properties:- (•) Show all files, folders and drives ... as True

Am I doing something wrong or is there a WinExp setting that must be tweaked ?
----------
SPECS:
Toshiba Satellite C665
OS:= Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit), sp1 (Build 7601) OEM
UI:=Classic Shell Start + Classic Explorer

A:Run:= %APPDATA% ... strange result

Hello GrayGhost,

If I understand you correctly.

Try this: Start Orb>In the Search programs and Files box, type %APPDATA%, hit Enter key, or click on Roaming.

(Winkey+R) Run>type, %APPDATA%, select OK... should work.

Try this to attempt repair:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Hope this helps,
John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310708-run-appdata-strange-result.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Two days ago a new folder and file appeared as Apps\4VKL1T02.0HB in my \AppData\Local folder. Could somebody please tell me what that file is and if it is a virus or malware?

My system is Windows Vista SP1.

Thank you in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-file-in-my-appdata-folder-1074818.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I did a scan folders 2 AppData Solved: today for duplicates on my drives After the scan I Solved: 2 AppData folders was going through the duplicates and opening the folders to see where the duplicates were resididng In doing so I discovered I have an AppData folder inside of my AppDate folder in my user account When I open the folder in the folder and open the Local folder all of the entries have the same dates whereas in the initial folder each entry in the Local folder have different dates which seems more accurate to Solved: 2 AppData folders me Can I delete the AppDate folder that is in the AppData folder Thanks Leslie Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Pentium R Dual-Core Solved: 2 AppData folders CPU E GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: 2 AppData folders

Can I delete the AppDate folder that is in the AppData folder?Click to expand...

About the only way to really find out is to do so. But don't do a "hard" delete. Either send it to the Recycle Bin or, better, move it to somewhere else (e.g., the Desktop). If you don't run into any trouble after a week (or whatever period seems appropriate to you) then do the real delete. During that period use each application that seems to have data in that rogue folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-2-appdata-folders.1111595/
Relevancy 36.12%

IT all started a long time ago when my sister couldn't open itunes. It said it couldn't find the %appdata% so i uninstalled it after a few error messages and tried installing it but it had the same error. I have deleted everything apple, downloaded quicktime separately, and various other unhelpful suggestions but it wont work. Is there a way to fix it.

Thank you for your time

Relevancy 36.12%

I can't find the Application Data folder. I've checked the folder options settings to show hidden and system folders. How do I find the folder? I tried "Start" "Search" without success.

Relevancy 36.12%

I have a vista home premium laptop with a bit I have tried installing a couple of things starzplay form verizon and itunes Downloading no problems I get all the way to computing space requirements then i get error code can not access network location AppData I went to the microsoft website with this link http support microsoft com kb All of this looks correctFor Windows Vista see the following table Collapse this tableExpand this tableValue name Type Value data DE - F- %AppData%\ Error 1606 - - C E B REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE DownloadsAppData REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData RoamingCache REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet FilesCookies REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows CookiesDesktop REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE DesktopFavorites REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE FavoritesHistory REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Local Microsoft Windows HistoryLocalAppData REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData LocalMy Pictures REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE PicturesMy Music REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE MusicMy Video REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE VideosNetHood REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Network ShortcutsPersonal REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE DocumentsPrintHood REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE PrintHoodPrograms REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu ProgramsRecent REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows RecentSendTo REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows SendToStart Menu REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start MenuStartup REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs StartupTemplates REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows TemplatesWhen I get here I have a couple things differentThis is what microsoft says to have table If each value matches the table go to step Collapse this tableExpand Error 1606 %AppData%\ this tableValue name Type Value dataCommon AppData REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE Application DataCommon Desktop REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE DesktopCommon Documents REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE DocumentsCommon Favorites REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE FavoritesCommon Programs REG EXPAND SZ Error 1606 %AppData%\ ALLUSERSPROFILE Start Menu ProgramsCommon Start Menu REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE Start MenuCommon Startup REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE Start Menu Programs StartupCommon templates REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE TemplatesAnd the things different for the second part since you can't just copy and paste the registry The first file is Default REG SZ value not set second one D C B- FB - F - B -F F CO RED EXPAND SZ PUBLIC Downloadsall the same because i changed them they were not allusersprofile some were program data and some were public and other Error 1606 %AppData%\ things then below common templates I haveCommonMusic REG EXPAND SZ PUBLIC MusicCommonPictures REG EXPAND SZ PUBLIC PicturesCommonVideo REG EXPAND SZ PUBLIC VideoI am unsure where to go form herePlease help

A:Error 1606 %AppData%\

It's really simple, you looked at the Microsoft knowledgebase article 886549 and if any of the items in the table listed DO NOT MATCH what you have in your registry, you just change them.1. Click Start, click Run, type Regedit.exe, and then click OK.2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell FoldersWhen you get to step 2, right click the keyname of User Shell Folders and choose EXPORT. This will export the key as a backup REG file which you can double-click to re-import those settings should anything change for the worse.Now here is what I have when I export the User Shell Folders then open the REG file using Notepad:Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]
"AppData"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,\
4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,41,00,70,00,70,00,44,00,61,00,74,00,61,00,5c,00,52,\
00,6f,00,61,00,6d,00,69,00,6e,00,67,00,00,00
"Cache"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,4c,\
00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,41,00,70,00,70,00,44,00,61,00,74,00,61,00,5c,00,4c,00,\
6f,00,63,00,61,00,6c,00,5c,00,4d,00,69,00,63,00,72,00,6f,00,73,00,6f,00,66,\
00,74,00,5c,00,57,00,69,00,6e,00,64,00,6f,00,77,00,73,00,5c,00,54,00,65,00,\
6d,00,70,00,6f,00,72,00,61,00,72,00,79,00,20,00,49,00,6e,00,74,00,65,00,72,\
00,6e,00,65,00,74,00,20,00,46,00,69,00,6c,00,65,00,73,00,00,00
"Cookies"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,\
00,6f,00,61,00,6d,00,69,00,6e,00,67,00,5c,00,4d,00,69,00,63,00,72,00,6f,00,\
73,00,6f,00,66,00,74,00,5c,00,57,00,69,00,6e,00,64,00,6f,00,77,00,73,00,5c,\
00,43,00,6f,00,6f,00,6b,00,69,00,65,00,73,00,00,00
"Desktop"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,\
4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,44,00,65,00,73,00,6b,00,74,00,6f,00,70,00,00,00
"Favorites"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,\
4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,46,00,61,00,76,00,6f,00,72,00,69,00,74,00,65,00,73,\
"History"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,\
4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,41,00,70,00,70,00,44,00,61,00,74,00,61,00,5c,00,4c,\
00,6f,00,63,00,61,00,6c,00,5c,00,4d,00,69,00,63,00,72,00,6f,00,73,00,6f,00,\
66,00,74,00,5c,00,57,00,69,00,6e,00,64,00,6f,00,77,00,73,00,5c,00,48,00,69,\
00,73,00,74,00,6f,00,72,00,79,00,00,00
"Local AppData"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,\
49,00,4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,41,00,70,00,70,00,44,00,61,00,74,00,61,00,5c,\
00,4c,00,6f,00,63,00,61,00,6c,00,00,00
"My Music"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,\
4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,4d,00,75,00,73,00,69,00,63,00,00,00
"My Pictures"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,\
00,4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,50,00,69,00,63,00,74,00,75,00,72,00,65,00,73,00,\
"My Video"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,\
4c,00,45,00,25,00,5c,00,56,00,69,00,64,00,65,00,6f,00,73,00,00,00
"NetHood"=hex(2):25,00,55,00,53,00,45,00,52,00,50,00,52,00,4f,00,46,00,49,00,\
00,6f,00,61,00,6d,00,69,00,6e,00,67,00,5c,00,4d,00,69,00,63,00,72,00,6f,00,\
73,00,6f,00,66,00,74,00,5c,00,57,00,69,00,6e,00,64,00,6f,00,77,00,73,00,5c,\
00,4e,00,65,00,74,00,77,00,6f,00,72,... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271522/error-1606-appdata/
Relevancy 36.12%

I decided to install skype on my laptop that uses Vista. I receive the error " Out of disk space -- Volume: '%appdata%; required space: 691KB; available space: 0KB. Free some disk space and retry." Now I've ensure that I removed more than enough to make the room, but it continues to give me that error.

A:%appdata% has no file space

Might try right clicking the setup program and select run as administrator.
You may be running into file permission problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/appdata-has-no-file-space.956714/
Relevancy 36.12%

thanx ,. close thisthanx ,. close thisthanx ,. close thisthanx ,. close thisthanx ,. close this

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437518/i-found-a-trjoan-on-my-appdata/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, everybody. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit and I set up a limited User account for everyday use to make sure that my administrator account is safer. I was running Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and I came across 2 infected files that I couldn't delete and McAfee couldn't detect. So I found the files and uploaded them to VirusTotal.com and it said they were infected by the hiloti! trojan. The trojan has infected two dynamic-link libraries in the AppData folder and it appears that they are important, so I can't delete them. The trojan tries to download more trojans once in a while but I know exactly where it sends them and am deleting them as they appear but I would very much appreciate a permanent fix. FYI, the .dll files are a toolkit for burning discs from Padus and a Cyberlink Library.

A:Trojan in AppData folder

To avoid confusion and potentially conflicting advice I am closing this topic, since you have one properly posted and have replies here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1830086

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/329539/trojan-in-appdata-folder/
Relevancy 36.12%

Was browsing through folders to add onto game when I found this file that wasnt in windows 7 and it was automatically sharing? I do believe I have all the privacy and network settings not to share anything. I cannot upload it here. It was under c>users>ryan>appdata>

http://www.4shared.com/file/XBhRVqkXce/Local.html

A:Unknown File in Appdata

It's all Chinese and you have to download it

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128742-unknown-file-appdata.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Could anyone tell me what is happening to my laptop it start popping up....

A:AppData\Roaming\.exe problem

Have you run your Anti-Virus to check to see if your computer has any viruses? If you want to see a list of your items that startup, I recommend you see this link

Startup Programs - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/150281-appdata-roaming-exe-problem.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a vista home premium laptop with a bit I have tried installing a couple of things starzplay form verizon and itunes Downloading no problems I get all the way to computing space requirements then i get error code can not Error %AppData%\ 1606 access network location AppData I went to the microsoft website with this link http support microsoft com kb All of this looks correct For Windows Vista see the following table Collapse this tableExpand this table Value name Type Value data DE - F- - - C E B REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE Downloads AppData REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Cache REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Cookies REG EXPAND Error 1606 %AppData%\ SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies Desktop REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE Desktop Favorites REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE Favorites History REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Local Microsoft Windows History LocalAppData REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Local My Pictures REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE Pictures My Music REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE Music My Video REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE Videos NetHood REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Network Shortcuts Personal REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE Documents PrintHood REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE PrintHood Programs REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Recent REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Recent SendTo REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows SendTo Start Menu REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Startup REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup Templates REG EXPAND SZ USERPROFILE AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Templates When I get here I have a couple things different This is what microsoft says to have table If each value matches the table go to step Collapse this tableExpand this table Value name Type Value data Common AppData REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE Application Data Common Desktop REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE Desktop Common Documents REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE Documents Common Favorites REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE Favorites Common Programs REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE Start Menu Programs Common Start Menu REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE Start Menu Common Startup REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE Start Menu Programs Startup Common templates REG EXPAND SZ ALLUSERSPROFILE Templates And the things different for the second part since you can't just copy and paste the registry The first file is Default REG SZ value not set second one D C B- FB - F - B -F F CO RED EXPAND SZ PUBLIC Downloads all the same because i changed them they were not allusersprofile some were program data and some were public and other things then below common templates I have CommonMusic REG EXPAND SZ PUBLIC Music CommonPictures REG EXPAND SZ PUBLIC Pictures CommonVideo REG EXPAND SZ PUBLIC Video I am unsure where to go form here Please help

A:Error 1606 %AppData%\

I found what looked like something that might be wrong under the shell folder under Hkey local machine not the user shell folder though:

Common AppData REG_SZ C:\ProgramData

That doesn't look right does it?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-1606-appdata-431902.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Yes I was stupid and I downloaded a crack onto my computer using uTorrent I have uninstalled uTorrent and PowerISO I have -bit Windows so I cannot run dds Here's what happened I scanned the RAR file with Avira AntiVir Personal and it didn't show any trojans I opened it and AppData Win32/Rebhip.A in Avira immediately detected it and I removed the infected file There's also a quot CheckDD exe quot file in Appdata Roaming even after I delete Win32/Rebhip.A in AppData it and restart my computer Everytime I restart my computer and enter Windows both Avira and Security Essentials are screaming about the trojan and always attempt to delete it This feels like the resolved case in this form Also in task manager there is always a process at startup called quot microsoft office keygen quot that has no description and can be ended but runs again after reboot Luckily I do not use this computer to access any bank accounts or manage any personal information so it's not that big of a problem for my computer However there are many computers connected to my network that ARE used to do these things and I'm afraid they're already infected Please help Thanks

A:Win32/Rebhip.A in AppData

Apparently DDS does work on my computer, sorry. I'll be posting the logs here.
DDS (Ver_10-10-21.02) - NTFS_AMD64
Run by Joel Chiou at 2:35:40.42 on 28/10/2010
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_22
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1.7600.0.1252.2.1033.18.2943.1636 [GMT -4:00]
============== Running Processes ===============

C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpHostW.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k HsfXAudioService
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\mdm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Version5\TeamViewer_Service.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avshadow.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k bthsvcs
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\PrnStatusMX\PrnStatusMX.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP QuickTouch\HPKBDAPP.exe
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\msseces.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\ProgramData\Macrovision\FLEXnet Connect\6\ISUSPM.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\BOINC\boinctray.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IEMonitor.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorsvw.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k swprv
C:\Windows\explorer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchProtocolHost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avscan.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\MpCmdRun.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Users\Joel Chiou\Desktop\dds.scr
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe

============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============

uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.ca/
uInternet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
mWinlogon: Userinit=userinit.exe
BHO: IDMIEHlprObj Class: {0055c089-8582-441b-a0bf-17b458c2a3a8} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC.dll
BHO: DigitalPersona Personal Extension: {395610ae-c624-4f58-b89e-23733ea00f9a} - C:\Program Files (x86)\DigitalPersona\Bin\DpOtsPluginIe8.dll
BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper: {72853161-30c5-4d22-b7f9-0bbc1d38a37e} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~1\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL
BHO: Windo... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/win32-rebhip-a-in-appdata-524790.html