Windows Support Forum

my HP PHotosmart 7250 will not print from the computer. It p...

Q: my HP PHotosmart 7250 will not print from the computer. It p...

My printer has quit printing from the computer. It says Printer error code -20. Please help me. Thanks.
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: my HP PHotosmart 7250 will not print from the computer. It p...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.54%

We recently moved to another location in the same city, but when I went to try to print from my Gateway Laptop on the Kodak 7250 printer, it says that the printer is disconnected. I have restarted the computer, turned the printer off waited and then turned it back on and have turned off the router and then turned it back on. In the printer tools section of the printer info, it lists the printer but then says disconnected beside it. I don't know what to do to fix this and I have tried a few things that were listed on the internet such as downloading new firmware for the printer but I don't know how to do that for the Cox Cable Router which was a suggestion.

A:Kodak 7250 won't print from wireless, says printer disconnected,

have you reset the kodak up on the new network - how is the kodak setup - fixed IP or to use DHCP
have a look at the network settings for the printer

and then on a PC post back here an ipconfig /all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
Relevancy 68.37%

Help getting & installing a compatable driver for new Photosmart 7520.

Need to have 'Print Preview' in Printer Preferences. Newer Photosmart Printers have very few options under Preferences.

Have tried drivers for Office Jet 6100 & Deskjet 69800 as suggested in HP forums. Neither has 'Print Preview' in Printing Preferences.

My previous Photosmart C310 died, bought the 7520 as a replacement. If I remember correctly, when I upgraded to Windows 7 with the older Photosmart C310 I had to download an alternate driver. That printer worked fine for over 2 years with all the preferences. I failed to note the driver that worked with the C310.

Hope someone can help, or I'll return this one to Costco along with the $130.00 worth of ink.

A:Alternate HP print driver with 'Print Preview' for Photosmart 7520

After a week of frustration, I was able to locate an HP Forum with the information that works.
I used the alternate driver that was from my previous Photosmare C310.
Here is the link. Hope this is helpful for someone in the future.

print preview / afdrukvoorbeeld - HP Support Forum - 3356529

I research genealogy and do a lot of text printing from my own compter files. The 'Print Preview' feature is crucial to how I print. It is next to impossible to find out if a new printer has this feature before buying. Sales people & manufacturer's website are next to usless.
Relevancy 61.49%

I was printing a large list of flights from, and decided to abort the print job. Now my printer won't accept any print jobs from the computer, although it self-tests ok. Went through the troubleshooter, but it says it can't help me. Even uninstalled and reinstalled the port. New print jobs just sit in the queue for a few minutes then I get a print failed message. Help!!

A:HP Photosmart 7550 Won't Print

Have you cleaned out all of the pending print jobs?
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all Need your guidance and expertise please We just purchased an HP Pavilion P - PC -bit with Windows Home Premium The existing printer is an HP Photosmart which was connected to our old computer which ran XP via the LPT port I'm feel extremely computer illiterate at 7760 HP can't Photosmart print the moment so please give me quot dummy proof quot instruction Here's what I've done so far went to Add Printer Driver didn't come up so I selected quot have disk quot Said everything installed fine but still no printer Then read a thread stating we should perform Windows Update so all updated drivers HP Photosmart 7760 can't print are downloaded Did that No success Then I further read that HP doesn't offer a driver for -bit but could use either Vista drivers or a patch or even Deskjet I went through HP Photosmart 7760 can't print this for my Vista machine a few years ago and it was successful Still wanted to check with you guys first before doing this because that thread said it was for upgrading Vista to Windows I'm not doing that Sooo two questions please What port am I supposed to be using The Add Printer selected LPT which was the port used on our old XP machine and I'm not sure that's correct for this new one I think I have to use a USB port here If this is the case do I simply need to get a converter for my printer so I can use the USB Please confirm I read a thread on this Forum named Installing HPPhotosmart Printer on Windows VistaWill this also work for a brand new computer that came with Windows Have clipped the instructions from the above thread down below for convenience If it won't work could you please offer some guidance on what I should do Thank you all in advance for your assistance Sorry about the length of this Should have come here in the first place Thanks again Meltie Thread Installing HPPhotosmart Printer on Windows Vista If your printer is connected to your computer disconnect it Click on the Start menu Click on Control Panel Click on the Hardware amp Sounds control panel Click Printers Click quot Add a Printer quot Click quot Add a Local Printer quot Check off the quot Use an existing port quot check box In the list entitled quot Use an existing port quot choose quot LPT Printer Port Click on the quot Next quot button Choose quot HP quot as the manufacturer from the list of manufacturers In the printers list that shows up choose quot Deskjet quot Click on the quot Next quot button In the text box called quot Printer name quot type quot Photosmart quot Wait for the computer to say that the printer has been successfully added Connect your printer to your computer i e connect the cable to the USB port at the back of your computer A quot Found New Hardware quot screen should show up Click Cancel on this window if it keeps showing up just keep on clicking cancel until no more windows pop up Go back to the printer folder i e the one where you clicked quot Add a Printer quot Right Click on quot Photosmart quot Click on quot Properties quot in the menu that popped up Select the quot Ports quot tab Change the port from quot LPT quot to quot USB quot Click on the quot Apply quot button

A:HP Photosmart 7760 can't print

You may want to use the instructions from here.........
Software & Driver Downloads HP Photosmart 7760 Photo Printer - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
Relevancy 61.49%

I just upgraded to 7 from vista through the hp upgrade program for my new computer and everything works great, however i can't print anything. I have installed the correct driver and I can scan and use every other function of the printer. When i try to print, the job shows up in the queue and disappears within seconds. I have been on with hp for hours and they don't know how to fix the problem. Does anybody here have a fix?
HP Photosmart c6150 All-In-One

A:HP Photosmart c6150 won't print

I have the same problem with the C6150 printer, also tried to get HP help, but couldn't fix the problem. Installed latest drivers/fixes, etc. I saw one thread on the HP site that indicated that there was a conflict with some old default windows drivers on the machine, but doesn't give any instructions for fixing the problem.
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello. I am a first timer so please bear with me. My daughter bought a Toshiba laptop and when we installed the photosmart 1000 printer it printed a test page but nothing else will print. After much calling and installing updated driver everything seems to be working properly but now the page that comes out is totally blank. Sorry, don't have exact message but mentioned something about a driver so that is why I went to HP and downloaded driver but still does not work. Would really appreciate help. Thanks in advance for any help!

A:photosmart 1000 will not print

Is the software telling you it's printing when you get a blank page? if so you probably have a bad ink cartridge.
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ60-206US notebook computer. I had been using Windows Vista with no problems, then suddenly the printer wouldn't print for me although it did print for my wife's computer, also on the wireless network. I subsequently installed Windows 7, downloaded and installed the driver from the HP site, and when I tried to print a test page got the message: UNABLE TO ESTABLISH TWO WAY COMMUNICATION WITH DEVICE.

A:PhotoSmart 7460 won't print

Are you able to access the internet wirelessly on this Computer on the same network...

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Relevancy 60.63%

Cannot print black ink on my HP Photosmart C7280.
Issue with two mac laptops one running OS 10.9.1 & the other OS 10.6.8.
Tried several solutions to no avail. Can print colors.
Printer was unused for 9 months, as it is every year, but worked perfectly before that. Since last year I have used aftermarket ink but not refills.
What Iíve tried so far.
Although printer shows all cartridges had ink Replaced black (twice) & all color
Cleaned printhead
Reset printer using *,# 123 etc
Unplugged, waited 1 minute and re-plugged printer.
Used paperclip to clean out feeder tubes.
Soaked black cartridge in hot water/alcohol mix -dried and reinserted.
Aligned printer.
Any solutions we have not tried?

A:HP Photosmart C7280 won't print black

Inkjets shouldn't be left unused for long periods, the print head is likely clogged with dried ink and probably not recoverable. Using aftermarket ink probably hasn't helped either. You can order a new print head if available from HP or a third party parts site or replace the printer.
Relevancy 60.63%

Okay, lets see, about two weeks ago....we had one generic (black) ink in our printer plus our rather HP inks.

It said "INK FAILURE" (about black I think) so I took that cartridge out and put a new HP one in.

I thought that would solve the problem. WRONG!

It proceeded to still give a "INK FAILURE" message and would not print.

CURRENTLY, it will fax things (??!!) but will not print.

My husband reset it from scratch. Still will NOT work.

Any clue why? Any idea how to fix it?

All right--we need a high techie. If you have any ideas, would love to hear!

A:HP Photosmart 3310 INK FAILURE will not print

Does it have an error code? What is the exact wording? Ink system failure? Or ink failure? The "NEW" HP cartridge is brand new, or have you had it sitting around for some time? Is there an expiration date on the box?
Relevancy 60.63%

Just out of the box, installed HP photrosmart 6510 using XP on an HP PC. when I went to align ink cartridges got a failure message. when I test printed some docs and photos it worked fine just once after that could not print any ordinary doc, no ink or just very faded..
Cleaned print heads several times - the test sheet came out OK but still can't print black, color photos come out but very pale.
what to do?
Relevancy 60.2%

All of a sudden this printer doesn't work. Everything piles up in the queue. I have tried the usual things, disconnect/reconnect, reboot, new driver, etc. I even restored to a few days ago when it was working, but still no go. any ideas? thanks, Frank
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6200 @ 2.13GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1844 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 730 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 260242 MB, Free - 220306 MB; D: Total - 29690 MB, Free - 28507 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, MoutCook, Not Applicable, WB01561071
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi Gang The below image should give you an idea of my a dilemma and b frustration note name of default printer This is a Home Network printer Windows in this instance is running wireless on my Dell D- It did not like the installation disk for the HP printer but was able to locate remove device Can't to print C-6280 Photosmart HP seem internal drivers for it It's set up using the IP addy Sadly it doesn't like to hold the printer mapping over time and frequently drops it I've tried a few things but only removing reinstalling the driver seems to solve it and even then only temporarily Problem is the ghosts that you see in the pic I remove them using quot remove device quot but they only reappear on refresh or restarting of the quot Devices and Printers quot window HELP suggested removing Can't seem to remove print device HP Photosmart C-6280 in Device Manager but there is nothing there to remove I'm sure I am not seeing the clear answer here Can anyone offer a suggestion I just want those ghosts out of there and my life back

A:Can't seem to remove print device HP Photosmart C-6280

I am a little surprised that nobody has responded to this. Anyway, the problem is on the back burner for me at the moment. If anyone has a thought, would appreciate. Any time's good. T/hanks
Relevancy 60.2%

Hey all. I have a HP Photosmart 309g, that has been working well for a number of years. It sees periodic use, but not much. I have a W7 64-bit Ult. SP1 machine, fully up to date.

Yesterday, I tried to print a doc, which is black ink on white paper. The printer went through it's motions, sounded like it was printing, but spat out a blank page. I know printers don't last forever, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions before I run out and buy a new one.

I have:

Aligned the printheads
Cleaned the printheads
Tried using a different computer (Vista, where it used to work as well), but have the same result
Printed a test page - there was color, but no black ink at all
Checked ink levels, which are fine

Anything else I can look into? Thanks in advance.

A:HP Photosmart 309g all of a sudden does not print black ink

Hi did you check to see it the ink was dried up on the cartridge itself or try another ink cartridge?
Relevancy 59.34%

HP Photosmart C6100 All-in-One Printer series specifications - HP Small & Medium Business products

Apparently there is a option for my printer
But, I can`t find the part anywhere. I`d love to find one cheap on ebay.

`Paper handling Paper handling optional/input
Optional automatic two-sided printing accessory

Relevancy 59.34%

So it is a network connected c5180 and I can only print from it, the scanner is not recognized.

This is on an upgraded from vista to windows 7 pc.

any ideas?

A:Solved: HP Photosmart c5180, can print but not scan (windows 7)

Did you install the full software package? Many, if not most, all-in-one devices can use the Windows built-in printer driver but require the manufacturer's driver be installed to access other functions. Also check your documentation if you're trying to scan over the network-I have a couple of all-in-one devices that support network printing but will only scan via a directly connected PC. (Note that the directly connected PC is networked so I can scan, from it, to any network drive. I've never seen that as an issue since you need to be at the 'printer' anyway to put the document to be scanned into it. I just go ahead & scan it while I'm standing there anyway.)
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a HP PhotoSmart printer which has been essentially trouble-free until now The problem now is that whenever the printing process is underway I immediately hear a loud noise coming from my printer It gets progressively worse and sounds as though something is tearing up Then the printer will stop abruptly and I receive the following message PRINT CARTRIDGE HOLDER IS STUCK I HP HOLDER STUCK PhotoSmart CARTRIDGE PRINT 1000 then HP PhotoSmart 1000 PRINT CARTRIDGE HOLDER STUCK lift the lid and notice that there s a problem with the horizontal white ribbon which runs behind the print cartridge holder Somehow it has become bunched up and wrinkled apparently from having gotten in the way of the print cartridges as they move from right to left Does anyone know if there is an easy solution to this problem Is it possible to reposition the white ribbon so that the printing process will run smoothly and noise-free Or could it be that I will have to replace the ribbon I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who may be able to help me The Troubleshooting section of the user s manual is of no help in this case Thank you Bill nbsp

has the cable got permanent creases in it? If it does and im guessing so, it wont flex properly when the cartridge moves. If its creased Id say cut your losses and go get a new cable if possible.
Relevancy 58.91%

since I got my photosmart 6520 printer 12/02/2012 every night it tries to update Hewlett Packard Imaging NULL print HP photosmart 6520 series ....and it fails every time.  I have a HP P 7 1010 desktop and ever since I got new printer I have an exclaimation point on my computer and it says to troubleshoot and when you do it says it is doesn't have drivers and it shows NOT FIXED.  When you log off at night it tries to update the NULL print again and it fails every time.  I have talked to your service people numerous times for over an hour and they can not fix the problem.  PLEASE HELP

A:update hp imaging NULL print HP photosmart 6520 FAILED

Please uninstall the printer drivers, restart the system. Download and install the latest drivers from the following weblink:
Relevancy 53.32%

Every time the printer is turned on this error message pops up "print cartridge is missing or not detected".
I have tried the following:
- Taking out and replacing the cartridges.
-Cleaning the contacts
-Powering it on and off
Relevancy 53.32%

Got a used HP printer so tried to install Photosmart software from the internet When used either the downloaded version or directly from HP web site on execute run the program shows message quot Extracting quot then brings up window to install ATI parental controls software Tried installing the same software on different computer also running Windows XP SP and on a machine running Vista print HP install parental controls calls install ATI Photosmart software and install accomplished correctly Have tried scanning with Norton both desktop version and Norton Power Eraser run from the internet that is supposed to scan more completely and neither found any malware or rootkit problems There is an ATI video card on the computer but we have never installed any parental controls software for it and have no children in the house who need parental controls HP Photosmart print software install calls ATI parental controls install When the Norton internet scan ran it identified files associated with the NET framework as files that it couldn t identify as HP Photosmart print software install calls ATI parental controls install either good or bad Could that make the install program work incorrectly There don t seem to be any other problems with the computer nbsp

A:HP Photosmart print software install calls ATI parental controls install

Try a CUSTOM install. It should allow you to untick the controls.
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey people ,

I have 2 blackberrys 7230 and a 7250 I need the drivers for those devices , I searched blackberry site forever and I cannot find them at all. PLease someone point me in the right direction. I have the desktop Manager 4.1 installed but I need the individual software so that my usb connection can identify the devices.

A:Blackberry question (7230 and 7250)

you can find that here:
Relevancy 52.89%

I have skimmed through the other postings to make sure I was not missing prior solved postings that might help my printing issue. I have not seen any thing relevant so here is my printing issue:
I have tried printing a Word document from my computer as well as my husbands' computer (we have the same computer models XP Pavilion a1330n) but we are receiving an "error - printing" message from the printer. Any idea what the problem may be?
Relevancy 52.03%

Last spring my Aspire - which I'd only Hard - Aspire Case 7250-0209 for Drive had a year and a half or so met up with a leaking water bottle as I was toting it to a horse show where Aspire 7250-0209 - Case for Hard Drive I was going to use it for some scoring After it dried out I could get it to power up the light on the DVD drive would go on I could hear the hard drive spinning but nothing happened with the screen I Aspire 7250-0209 - Case for Hard Drive tried connecting it to an external monitor and nothing happens so I surmise the video card is fried nbsp nbsp Therefore it's time to open things up and harvest the hard drive I did this before with the assistance of some knowledgable friends and was able to put the hard drive into an inexpensive case that I bought online and it functioned Aspire 7250-0209 - Case for Hard Drive more or less like an external hard drive What I am wondering is what are the physical dimensions of the hard drive for this machine and what types of cables will I need I would like to buy the case ahead of time before I open things up and start fussing with it My other alternative is to take it to a local computer shop where a friend just had similar work done but that guy charged to do it and that's money I'd rather use for something else Thanks for any advice you might have Solved Go to Solution

A:Aspire 7250-0209 - Case for Hard Drive

Thank you! That's exactly what I needed to know. Last time I did this, the first case I bought was wrong and I'd rather not play trial and error again. I appreciate your help.

View solution in original post
Relevancy 51.17%

Does anyone know of a way or download I can use to remove an existing service tag on a Dell system board? Working on a Dell Latitude E7250.

Your feedback would be much appreciated.

A:Dell Service Tag removal on a Latitude E7250/7250 (Late 2014)

WHY? The tag is fundamental to getting parts for that system.
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently got a new computer running Windows bit I ve been trying to install my existing HP PhotoSmart C printer on the new computer I don t have a disc so I downloaded the install from the HP site but I keep getting an quot Can Not Find quot message I keep getting the message quot Can not find C Users wmm AppData Local Temp zs a c setup hpzshla quot I tried the HP Support site but can not find the hp dat files they tell me to rename Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb 8.1 Install on Windows PhotoSmart computer HP printer new C4780 Solved: Graphics Card Intel Solved: Install HP PhotoSmart C4780 printer on new Windows 8.1 computer R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard F Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Install HP PhotoSmart C4780 printer on new Windows 8.1 computer
Relevancy 47.3%

Please help Both myself and a computer tech spent over an hour trying to connect this all cannot in Computer Photosmart find wirelessly one Solved: ethernet C8180 or printer and it just cannot be done without USB Dell Inspiron Windows bit Cisco e router with WPA-WPA- security AVG paid antivirus Solved: Computer cannot find Photosmart C8180 all in one wirelessly or ethernet I have completely uninstalled the printer with level uninstall Downloaded the latest driver from HP website Went through the wireless network connection wizard a dozen times and the printer says it is connected to the network with no problem Ran the Network Configuration lists an IP address excellent connection no problems But on installing the driver the computer absolutely cannot see the printer Tried entering the IP address creating a new port directly to the IP address Nothing Tried pinging from the computer--nothing Cannot bring up the printer s IP address on the browser Disabled the firewall and tried that--nothing Tried going back and connecting with ethernet cable directly to the router instead Still cannot see the printer I had this working once and then had a virus and had to reinstall Windows There was a trick to getting this to work and I cannot remember it Of course the printer is out of warrantee so HP will not help even by email The only way I have been able to get it to install is with USB which is pretty darned inconvenient Can anyone give me any further suggestions or tricks that I am missing Getting pretty desperate here nbsp

A:Solved: Computer cannot find Photosmart C8180 all in one wirelessly or ethernet

Can you ping the printer from the computer? Have you tried using the installation package? I know the installation software gives a lot of bloat, but it makes connection very easy.
Relevancy 41.28%

Whenever I print to the shared printer on my Windows 7 desktop, the print job will just sit in the print queue. If I stop and then start the print spooler, the job will print. It happens from an XP laptop. Print jobs sent from the local Windows 7 computer print just fine.
How can i solve this one ? :(

This issue with some particular laptop running windows Xp and windows 7 Home

A:Whenever I print to the shared printer he print job will just sit in the print queue

So, the Windows 7 Desktop has the printer physically attached to it and it's shared?
And the XP laptop is sharing the printer through the network? If I understand you correctly?
If so, on the XP Laptop, go to Start/Run and type devmgmt.msc and press enter. Are there any devices with yellow flags? Or Under Universal Serial Bus Controllers is there an Unknown Device? Or any listings for the printer? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Now go to Start/Run and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs uninstall any drivers or software for the printer. Now,go to Printers and Faxes, and if the printer icons is there, Right click the shared printer icon and Delete it. And Restart the computer. Now when the computer comes back up, go to the printer manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in the model# for the printer and download the driver for the printer for XP and install it. Now, go to Start/Run and type the computer name of the Windows 7 machine (ex) \\ComputerName and press enter. A window should open up with the shared drives on the 7 computer, with the shared printer. Right click the shared printer and choose Connect. This will add the printer to Printers and Faxes again. Right click this printer/Properties and print a Test Page.
Relevancy 39.13%

Admittedly, a novice, but....
I have a samsung 1210 which has worked well. I bought a new computer which does not have the same type of connection (?LPT) that my oplder computer had. I tried connecting the printer via USB but had no luck. I tried installing the drivers from the original CD that came with the printer and still no luck. In the options, I can cose COM1-4 or LPT or a few other things that dont seem right, but USB is not listed. Any thoughts?

Relevancy 39.13%

I have two printers connected to my computer. Everything has been working great, but a couple of days ago, I was going to print out a calendar, and I always got " document can't print" regardless of which printer I tried to use..
It will copy things good, so its not the printers..
The program I was using is a new version of Print Shop, and I believe it may have something to do with it.
I have unplugged the usb cords from the computer, restarted...
I have unplugged from power and restarted...
I have uninstalled the print shop program.
I still am unable to print now...
what do I do next??

A:can't print from computer

try and do a test print from windows
Relevancy 39.13%

My first thread in this forum and please excuse if I have posted the question in the wrong category.....
I got 5 computers working on a simple "workgroup" and a system with shared printer.... I get blamed everyday for unnecessary printer paper piled on my desk......I need a way to print the computer name on every print which is taken by the users....... I tried Google the same as "Print Separator" but I couldn't understand the script language....Please help with the script and install instructions ....

If the script does not work for me please suggest me an alternate software or ways to get rid of the problem......

Printer: HP Laser Jet 1020 (USB printer)
Print Volume: 500 prints/day
Paper: Plain A4

Please let me know if u require any more information....

Thanks and regards

A:Print Computer Name

Guys i need your help.... to get rid of the blame i hear every day
Relevancy 38.7%

How do i print to a computer with Windows XP? I can't see computer or the printer over the network, and we're in the same workgroup. I can ping the computer, so i know it's not a physical connection problem and the other computers with XP can print to that computer.
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a USB printer connected to an 8.1 system. This printer is shared. I don't like keeping the computer on 24/7 so I set it to sleep.

Is there a way to send a wake command to the system when I want to print? WOL is working on the system. I noticed Homegroup has the option to wake the computer to view shares (and that does work).

If I can't wake the computer before a print job, what is the best practice to conserve energy on a system that is primary used as a print server?

A:Wake a Computer to Print

Get a Network interface for the printer, to connect it to your router. Or if the printer is capable of connecting through wifi to the network, do it that way. USB Print Server TRENDnet | Products | Miscellaneous | Print Servers
Relevancy 38.7%

Here is my dream which I know will never happen but I want to try again I never want to give MS another nickle of my cash I want to create a computer that I can run Windows on when I have to and use a flavor of linux for as much of my computing as I can You may think that this is easy but my experience is that once windows writes to c the install begins to degrade I can partition drives and print stuff out on computer the Getting all for a my such and Getting a print out for all the stuff on my computer have run multiple copies of windows but now I wonder if I was nuts I can do most things with a computer with direction I would also willingly give up MOST of the fake out MULTITASKING that windows claims to do but really doesn t I just would rather finish a task that have windows running around splitting Getting a print out for all the stuff on my computer task up and then not doing any of them correctly I am working up a plan for the lay out of my computer finding needed drivers for linux and figuring out what to keep and what to trash I think the first thing that I need to do is figure out exactly what I am working with I like PRINTED MATERIAL because I have to refer back to it often So with that in mind I ask you the following How can I get a list of the following on my computer that is running Win XP The make and model number of my computer A list of all the Windows stuff like updates and SP in use A list of all programs on my computer A list of the hardware on this computer A list or print out of the settings on this computer Any other list you think might be handy to have Thank you nbsp

A:Getting a print out for all the stuff on my computer

I think this is what you are after
Belarc Advisor
Relevancy 38.7%

Whenever I want to print something from the internet my computer puts it into a file under "my documents". If I don't save it it will not print. This just started happening. How can I go back to just printing something?????
I recently downloaded some photos, what can I undo??

A:Computer is downloading everything I want to print

Look in the print dialog of your browser and see if it has the option "Print to File" enabled. If it does, uncheck the option.

Also, if you are using Vista, or XP with Office 2003/2007, you will have one or all of the following printers (software engines) in addition to your hardware:
1) MS Office Document Image Writer
2) MS XPS Document Writer
3) Sent to OneNote 2007
4) Adobe PDF (if Acrobat or MS Office Save to PDF is installed)
5) Fax

Your hardware should have a green tick next to it to denote that it is the default printer.

If it does not, go to "Printers and Faxes" in Control Panel, right click your hardware, and select "Set as default printer".

Let us know how it goes.

Relevancy 38.7%
Relevancy 38.7%

My computer will not print at all. Every time I try, from any application, the print job automatically deletes itself.

All suggestions will be considered

PRINTER: HP DeskJet 3420 (USB)
ANTIVIRUS: Symantec Client Security
FIREWALL: ZoneAlarm Pro, SpywareBlaster

I did recently install Blackshift (

I re-installed the driver, but I am unsure if this is a hw/sw problem.

I can attach a HijackThis! file if you think it would help.

Thank you for your attention and assistance in this matter.

Relevancy 38.7%

I have 2 computers connected to a router
One of those computers have a HP Laserjet 3330 printer connected to it,
On that computer i have enable the hard drive and the printer to be shared
On the other computer, i can see and access the shared hard drive but no the printer

How do i make it so i can print something from one computer to another which has a printer connected to it?
Is it possible to connect the printer to the router so i do not have to open the other computer every time i want to print something?

Relevancy 38.7%

I have MYOB v.9. Have used it for years, no problems. Got a new computer, running Windows 7. Now MYOB won't print either Invoices or Statements. I print virtually from MYOB to Nuance's PaperPort. I tried printing both to PaperPort (got a blank) and to HP Officejet where I also got a blank page. Word documents print fine on the HP printer.
Relevancy 38.7%

I wasn't sure exactly where to post this so I'll do it here too.

When ever I want to just print something from the internet, my computer wants to save it to "my documents". If I don't save it, it won't print. This just started happening.

I recently down loaded some photos, how can I undo whatever I did?

A:Computer is downloading everything I want to print

What browser?
How are you printing?
Look at the File/Print menu to make choices.
Relevancy 38.7%

I want to print out the complete specifications of my new HP Notebook, but I can't figure out how to do it.  There's no button to push and I can't seem to be able to copy the entire specs into the clipboard. Can anyone suggest a way to do it?
Relevancy 38.7%

hp pcs1300 series all in one printer is offline and will not print from the computer nor does it scan from the scan button. What can I do to repair same. I am not a computer expert.
S/n MY 3908BF 287
Q 3500 A 9/24/83.

Relevancy 38.7%

I am working on a machine right now that is restarting every time i go to print anything// It is a fresh install of 98SE//Epson C42 printer--USB// I have tried both the onboard USB and added a USB controller still no luck// I have also Dowloaded most recent drivers from website and also uninstalled and reinstalled the printer// Any suggestions??? Thanks in advance

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi all I have to computer print Must reboot been experiencing some problems while printing lately The main computer is on Windows XP home edition and the second is Windows SE I usually use the second computer connected via a wired network THe Must reboot computer to print main one is Must reboot computer to print my dh s The printer is connected to the main one and is shared--I can successfully print sometimes The printer is an HP OfficeJet G --about years old Sometimes but not every time when I try to print from either computer it won t print at all I go into the printer queque display box and it shows quot error quot under STATUS The first time it happened about months ago I did all the troubleshooting on both computers and nothing helped until I finally rebooted the main computer When it came back online the printer worked fine and immediately printed without resending the document Now whenever it freezes like that I just automatically reboot the main computer When it does this I am able to continue working on both computers except for printing It does seem to freeze up the printing capabilities in both at the same time Meaning I can t print from either until the main computer is rebooted It seems to happen more as the day goes on and the computer has been on longer I m not sure what other information you might need to help resolve this Looking forward to your reply Thanks Teresa nbsp

A:Must reboot computer to print

Do you have the driver installed in both computers?
Relevancy 38.7%

Did Turbotax free on line and went to print PDF file. Unable to print. Loaded command into print queue multiple times, but no printing. Unable to print any of my Word files or e-mails. Printer will print from it's maintenance and internal commands. Reloaded printer drivers to no avail. Can erase print commands out of queue. Windows XP version 2002 and Service Pack 2. Any suggestions?

A:Unable to print from computer.

Will it not print from any application at all (eg WordPad, NotePad, and anything else you have that's got a print command)?
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a small desktop dell inspiron  model 3646 and ever since getting it last year my lexmark x2650 printer combo won't print  most of time until I reboot. It then works  a few times and then I have to reboot again and it prints again. I also get a message communication not available usb port. I have unplugged and plugged into another a port and get same results.It does this over and over.
I have updated the driver for printer to best of my ability and still same issue. The printer prints great so it is not printer.

Thanks so much!

A:printer won't print with new computer

Hi perplexeds,
Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.
Please check the antivirus software and give exceptions to the printer files. Check if you can use a different USB cable to connect to the computer. Let us know the version of Windows OS you?re using on the system.
Kindly get back if there are any further queries.
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a new computer. It's a Gateway DX4860 running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. My printer is an HP Deskjet F4480. I have it hooked up to my computer via a USB cable.

I can't print from any program. I've tried Word 2010, ie9, Mozilla Firefox and notepad. When I open the queue, there is nothing there. I've also tried to print a test page with no success. I have downloaded and installed the most recent drivers from the HP web site with no success. When I run the fix it utility provided by microsoft, it does not find any problems. The printer is selected as the primary. What have I missed?

A:New computer. I can't get my printer to print

Does it show up in Devices and Printers?
Is it set as the default printer?
Does the HP Digital Imaging Monitor detect it?
Did the drivers install correctly?
Don't connect it to your PC until prompted or the install will fail.
Relevancy 38.7%

How can I print what is on my computer screen when there is no print featcher available. I used to be able years ago but I have forgotten how

A:How do I print my computer screen.

Windows 7 has the snipping tool that allows you to take a snapshot of whichever part of the screen you want. You can save the image and then print that off. You can also use the Ctrl + PrtScn buttons together to take a snapshot of the screen and paste it into a document to print off.
Relevancy 38.27%

The operating system is Windows 98. This printer was working fine but now when the computer and printer are turned on in the morning the first print job (whether an e-mail, Word doc, etc.) will not print. It shows under the print queue with nothing listed in the status column. When you restart the computer you get the message about the document in the print queue -- print it? cancel it? etc. After you print this document you can then print for the rest of the day with no more problems. Any idea what I can do so that I don't have to restart the computer every morning to enable the print function?
Relevancy 38.27%

I am new to this forum and need help. My problem is when I go to print from anything (word, excel, internet ....) the print windows freezes up so I can't print anything. It just started doing this today and I have only had the printer installed for a couple days. If you want to know whether the printer did work the answer is yes - Attached in this thread (post) is an a picture of an example of what happens when I try to print

Printer: HP Officejet 6500 E709N

Computer: HP Compaq Presario Product Number for computer: FK586AA#ABA

My computer is running HP windows 7 pro 32 bit.

I have tried re installing the printer, installing different versions of windows 7 but I always end up with this problem just a couple days after installing the operating system.

Help is much appreciated.

A:[SOLVED] Computer freezes when print

How are you connecting to the printer? Wirelessly? Or USB? If by USB are you plugging the USB cable into the Back USB port of the computer and not the Front or through a Hub? As these ports are weaker.
Go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In the Add Remove Programs uninstall any HP printer software. Unplug the USB cable from the computer end and restart the computer. Download the latest driver for your printer and install it Software & driver downloads HP Officejet 6500 Wireless All-in-One Printer - E709n | HP? Support during the driver install it will ask if you are setting this up for USB or Wireless, during the install, it will tell you when to plug in the USB cable in. Plug it into the Back USB Port.
If you still have problems, go to Start/Search and type services.msc and press enter. Scroll down to Print Spooler. Double click this. Make sure the Startup type is set to Automatic and the service is Started.
Relevancy 38.27%

Both computers are XP. Computer 2 used to be able to print through network. After installing McAfee, he uninstalled the printer by mistake. Since then, we have uninstalled McAfee and gone back to free AVG . Now we can't get it connected to the network printer. When we go into printers, there is no printer installed, and we can't find it when we try to find a network printer/browse. All that shows up is to chose from is Microsoft Windows Network. No printer. Then when we type the name of the server computer and the name of the server printer, it says no again. Can anyone help us.

A:Computer can't print through network printer

Check the system with the printer installed and see if it's still shared properly. Does the printer show up in Network Places for the computer that it's connected to? That will indicate whether it's shared or not.

Can you ping by computer name both ways between the computers? Did you use the McAfee Removal Tool to totally remove any traces of it?
Let's see this for each of the computers.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

Note that there is a space before the -n or the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the - or / in the following commands.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.
Relevancy 38.27%

Several PCs running Windows XP loose all their print queues. The print service stops on these PCs. When I reboot the PCs they come back up but I believe it is becuase the Print service is restarted at reboot.

I have several printers running on Windows server 2003 as the print server.

This doesn't happen on all of my PCs but only a few. Any ideas?

A:Print Ques disappear from XP computer

Is the Print Spooler set to automatic in services.msc?
Relevancy 38.27%

This started happening since yesterday.
I plugged the cord from the printer into my laptop.
And at the same time, an icon in 'Devices and Printers' called PC Camera popped up, instead of my printer's icon becoming solid. I dont know what the heck is happening. Also, everytime I plug the cord in a Windows Instal thing pops up and says some driver for a webcam is installed correctly (and my laptop already has a webcam?, which isn't the PC Camera).
Yes I have checked the cord actually came from the printer. I've set my default printer as HP Deskjet 2050.
I tried to print some documents and they are not being printed.
Please help!

Relevancy 38.27%

I'm tearing my hair out trying to solve this one. Trying to print a pdf document in Adobe 9 reader (also Adobe 8) results in the computer shutting down. The printer is a Samsung CPL-300 colour laser and has given no problems before.
Recent activity - Installed Adobe Premier Pro CS4 video capture and editing suite, also added a new external HD - a LaCie 1 Terrabyte which initialy gave me a problem on booting up - but seemed O.K. last time I booted up with the disc connected.
I've uninstalled Premier Pro, and disconnected the ext. disc, also uninstalled Adobe reader programs.
The printer works O.K. when printing documents from Word etc.
System details - Win XP Home SP3, 2 GB RAM, System Disc is a Maxtor 6E040L0 41.1 GB plus another Maxtor 200 GB HD. AMD Athlon 64 2.00 GHertz processor.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

A:PDF file print shuts down computer

recommend Uninstall of Adobe, reboot, download the latest copy and reinstall
Relevancy 38.27%

I used to have a computer that printed in color just fine, then it got a virus, so we switched the cpu, and now I cannot print in color, I volunteer at a community center here, and the other 3 computers here also print only in black and white, I asked 2 tech guys to come and fix the problem but nothing got fixed... I really dont want to give up, I know it is not our printer because it used to print colors from the one computer that got infected, and because we can still make color copies... How to fix this?? Color coordination is not going to work without this getting fix!!
(I even tried to go to the printer properties, but I'm not sure I found anything there)
The printer we have is a RICOH Aficio MP01
Thanks again for your time

A:Computer doesnt print in color

Maybe you'll need to reinstall your printer driver/software?
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello everyone! Lately, my print screen button has been making my computer crash and it gives me an error screen like this. At the bottom of the text, it has the error KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or something like that.

Have any ideas?
If you need any information from me please ask.

A:Print Screen is crashing my computer

Use the Snipping Tool
In Windows 8, to capture something from Windows 8 start screen or a Windows 8 app:
1) Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, just start typing the word "snip" and press enter. This will throw you into the Windows 8 Desktop)
2) Press the Esc. key.
3) Switch back to your Windows 8 start screen or Windows 8 app (Swipe from left or press Window Button)
4) Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool to capture part of your Windows 8 Start screen or Windows 8 app.
5) Draw a box around what you want.
ALSO: From Windows 8 Start screen or Windows 8 app, you can always press Win+PrntScr to capture to clipboard.
Relevancy 38.27%

This morning we updated the Printer on the laptop and now it will not print documents saved in Word and keeps saying save in *xps file! We have not idea what this is and want to save in word format and print from it.What do we have to do? Also the laptop now doesn't print from the wireless connection. We are still using our Kodak 5200 series which we intend to replace but would an update create these problems?

Help is badly needed.........regards Margaret

Relevancy 38.27%

Strange problem when I first installed Win the printer was able to print thru native Win drivers I installed the Epson Win drivers from Epson web site and the printer worked for about a month Now in the last week the printer suddenly won't print through the computer copy print works print through sd card works but even a test page won't computer Epson thru CX5800F print won't print from the computer The printer works fine when I connect it to a Toshiba laptop with XP installed Tearing my hair out have tried Change usb cables - change usb slots P S Epson CX5800F won't print thru computer Hooked up an old Epson Stylus via usb cable to same desktop computer and it prints fine Thing must be years old but my much newer CX F just won't work Very frustrating Uninstall reinstall drivers and software Tried restore points from a few weeks ago - no joy Stop and restart Epson CX5800F won't print thru computer print spool Any ideas of what else I could try Scanner and scanner software work fine Printer works fine with XP

A:Epson CX5800F won't print thru computer

Did you delete the documents that caused the printer to not print? I had an issue where I could print even after restarting the print spooler.

Try this if you did not delete those files:

Delete contents of the C:\Windows\System32\spool\printers folder
Restart your computer and install printer again

Windows 7 Help Tips and How-to: print spooler service is not running
Relevancy 38.27%

My computer was fine until I wanted to print a page from Word. It kept on printing the same page over and over again. When I wanted to stop it by going into my printer, the computer would hang (hourglass) and I have to close down. Now, when I want to go into my printer, it will not let me and keeps hanging. I have Windows XP Home Edition and an HP 1012 laserjet printer.

A:Computer freezes when clicking on print

reinstall your printer drivers
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi, I just got a new desktop and the printer won't print.
It's running Windows 7 64-bit. (was running xp 32bit)
The printer is a HP Deskjet 710c connected using the parallel port connector,
it comes up under devices and printers and it adds items to the queue but never prints, i cant even print a test page.

A:HP Deskjet 710c won't print on new computer, what can i do?

Is it possible to connect via USB?
Relevancy 38.27%

i have a old medion computer pII mb RAM gb hdd win for using computer print old Solved: server/nas se sort of it had win in german but i am currently in the process of reformatting amp reinstalling win se in Solved: using old computer for print server/nas english but that s not the issue my question is will i be able to use Solved: using old computer for print server/nas it as a nas i m aware of the gb prob with some bios and hook my hp psc all-in-one to it to use as a simple print server i m not too familiar with win os so please bear with the simple questions how good of a firewall can i install zonealarm pro or norton client tcp ip an option or do i have to use another protocol can i set it up for remote operation so i won t have to keep plugging in a monitor keyboard and mouse after i set it all up if so will the remote setup still be there if the power is turned off and back on the other pc s connected to my home network are a dell dimension winXPhome-sp ibm thinkpad r winXPhome-sp and an acer aspire winXPpro-sp TIA nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

I keep getting an error message when trying to download certain things, and I'm trying to remember how to use the "print screen" feature to show you what I mean. I remember that I'm supposed to hit "print screen," and I remember that it involved, but I can't remember how to save the image after hitting "print screen" in order to upload it to Can you help?

Thanks so much!

A:Print Screen For Bleeping Computer Help

I don't know about print screen, never use it.
What I usually do is use the Vista Snipping Tool to capture the image and save it to my Pictures folder.
Then add it as an attachment to my post.
Click the down arrow in Manage Current Attachments, click green +

2009_01_15_213150.png   59.21KB

Hope I didn't confuse you. If so I'll try to clarify.
Relevancy 38.27%

I have an older Gateway computer with Windows XP...have had several viruses in the past few years that have quaranteened files and or deleted them. About 6 months ago, my printer stopped printing in black..changed ink and still nothing. Have bought a new computer and am having the same problem. The first was a Brother and the new one is an Epson. Does anyone have a clue as to what could be going on? The new Epson has no probs. It copies in black but when sending something from the computer, it won't print in black. HELP PLEASE!
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a P with a gig of ram running XP pro I had some problems with huntbar but cleaned it up Norton is clean and spybot RD is clean yet my machine is sluggish up try - to Help keeps print? Computer Slow, I when locking and when I try to print something the program I'm in usually Word or Explorer the program just quit responding I've enlosed my HIJACKTHIS log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C Help - Computer Slow, keeps locking up when I try to print? WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System desk exe C WINNT System RunDll exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files WinFast WFTVFM WFWIZ exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral RxMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C PROGRA ICQ ICQ exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator AudioCentral Playlist exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C WINNT System snmp exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Outlook Express MSIMN EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http cache midco net R - URLSearchHook no name - D DFF D -B B- -B - C C C B - no file O - BHO myBar BHO - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Web assistant - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp SearchBar - D D -F E - ad- A - ECE AC - C Program Files MyWay myBar bin MYBAR DLL O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar Web assistant - B EAC - D - b e- B -A C A A - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run HydarVisionDesktopManager desk exe O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run RoxioEngineUtility quot C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared System EngUtil exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinFast Schedule C Program Files WinFast WFTVFM WFWIZ exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run Mirabilis ICQ C PROGRA ICQ ICQNet exe O - HKLM Ru... Read more
Relevancy 38.27%

Occasionally, when I try to print a screen (or a selected portion) from a website the computer reboots. This happens whether I call for printing by: ctl & P or by taking the print option from FILE.

I'm running Home XP Windows w/SP2

Thank you in advance for your idea what I'm doing wrong.

A:Print attempt reboots the computer

On subsequent powering up the computer tells me that the computer is recovering from a serious error and gives codes which I do not understand. See below:

Relevancy 38.27%

After selecting print, the print job does not make it to the printer, please advice.
Thanks, Allan

A:Computer sending print job to printer

Does the printer show up in 'Devices and printers' when you click on 'Start - Devices and printers' ? 
If it doesn't show up check the connections to the printer - power, USB and/or wi-fi.
Very often, whether it shows up or not, a good starting point is to completely uninstall the printer software and re-install it, paying particular attention to the connection and installation sequence given in the printer's 'Quick start' guide. And re-boot between the uninstall and the re-installation. If you no longer have this guide you can download it from the manufacturer's web-site. Believe it or not, the sequence matters with printers !
This is very generic advice !  For the future when posting a problem like this it is a considerable help if you give the make and model of your computer and the same information for the printer.
Chris Cosgrove
Relevancy 37.84%

All of a sudden, this morning, I started getting error messages when I tried to print an email, or something from a web site.
I'd get the microsoft messages, and it would shut down.
The printer works fine when I try to print from my word files, just not anything on the internet.

A:Solved: Computer shutting down while trying to print anything on th internet
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a network print queue that was going through a local computer. It was connected via print cable to the local printer but was printing a network print queue (Novell)...The computer died and I put another computer in its place, but not sure how to setup this configuration again. Anyone know how to do this? This setup has been in place for about 8 years...Surprised computer has lasted this long....But I am not the one that set it up...

Any help would be appreciated....I also am not sure if this thread needs to be in this area or not...
Windows98 machine....Novell network....

A:Network print queue through local computer

So what you are saying is...

You have a Netware server with Q-based printing.
You had a Windows 9X box with a local printer attached to it.
The computer probably had printer sharing enabled on it and a static IP address.

I would think that if you setup file and printer sharing exactly the same way as the old box, everything should work for the Queue. Make the computer the same name as the old one and set the same ip address it had on it. Although you may not have to setup the static IP address. It has been way to long since I played with q-based printing. Probably 6 years.

Look at the print queue and see where it is pointing to.
Relevancy 37.84%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version print from Solved: to data computer No printers Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Solved: No print data from computer to printers Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled I not sure where to post this so I m going with XP to begin If you know where it should go please advise I have the system you see above and also two HP Printers a Laserjet P and a Officejet J four in one My computer has stopped sending data to both printers After I send a print job I check Printers and Faxes in the Control Panel and both printers will show quot quot jobs waiting to print I also have a Logitech wireless mouses and keyboard with the tiny USB memory sticks I tried all four of my USB outlets on the back of my computer and got no printing The keyboard and mouse will work in any of the four ports I put them in but the printers won t I also tried switching cables on the computers tried other spare cables but still got no printing So the cables are good I had this problem about a month ago took my computer and the P to a shop they got it printing but now the problem has resurfaced I m not sure what they did but my receipt says quot Removed all printers then reinstalled the two important ones quot I m not sure what that means but I think they re-installed the drivers from the HP site since I didn t give them my printer CDs Since first posting this problem I tried printing with my laptop No problem with either printer so the problem has to originate in my HP tower computer My thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

A:Solved: No print data from computer to printers

Try repeating what the guys in the shop did:
Uninstall both HP printers.
Try re-installing the drivers for the two HP printers. You can download the drivers from HP Support:
Relevancy 37.84%

I have legitimate access to a remote computer.  When connected to the remote computer, I want to print on my local printer.  I have checked the Printer box on the "Local devices and resources" section in the Local Resources of the RDC window which I was told would connect my printer to the remote computer, but my local printer is not on the printer menu of the remote computer.
I'm running Windows 7 Pro and Kaspersky Internet Security

A:While in remote computer, I can't print on my local printer

This thread might shine some light on it for you.
Relevancy 37.84%

I cannot print from this Win7 computer across the network to a printer located on a WinXP computer.

Win7 computer is running Home Premium and the XP is XP Pro with SP3. Other computers, all running XP Pro, can print to this printer just fine. The prnter is an HP Officejet 6500 series (e709a).

I have loaded the driver on the Win7 computer, browsed the network to the desired printer, double-clicked to set it up. I get an instant response that the print jobs fail. I have uninstalled, reinstalled and rebooted several times -- no luck.

Firewalls are turned off. All computers are on the same "WORKGROUP" (no domain).

Relevancy 37.84%

Hello I am working on one of our business's many networked computers that will suddenly be unable to print anything until a reboot It is running Windows and is up to date It will be going along fine then suddenly the jobs just get lost You will see the print job appear on the local queue and then leave but you never see the job appear on the printer in the server Once the issue starts it will not print to any installed printers of varying makes and model until unable Randomly print Reboot to Computer but everyone else in the building can print to them just fine including the server so it is not an issue of the printer dropping offline Additionally we cannot even 'print' to an Adobe PDF Printer it will ask where you want to save the PDF - act like its going through the motions but the file will never appear regardless of Computer Randomly unable to print until Reboot where you save Restarting the print spooler does no good As soon as the machine is rebooted Computer Randomly unable to print until Reboot the PDF printer can successfully save new files and all installed printers will Computer Randomly unable to print until Reboot print from there on out - no previous jobs that were sent to the printers will ever print They just disappear Kyle
Relevancy 37.84%

Screen on printer says Now copying page 1/1 but is stuck there. Have reloaded software, turned off and on. Works fine when printing from computer, simply will not copy

A:HP 4622 will print from computer but not make a copy

Uninstall the printer as per your manual, then use both of these. Then reinstall the printer.Run both of these, in this order.Run Wise Disk Cleaner ( Run the 1st three tabs, left to right. I use default settings, leave boxes that are unchecked, unchecked ) Reboot when finished. Wise Registry Cleaner ( Only use Registry Cleaner & with default settings. Don't use System Tuneup, that is for Experts, you really have to know what you are doing ) Reboot when finished.
Relevancy 37.84%

I am running Windows Vista, Dell Computer Inspiron 518, 2.33 ghz and a Brother 1440 HL laser printer. The printer is connected to the hard drive via a USB port and the printer is plugged into a separate electrical outlet than the hard drive and monitor. My printer remains off unless I want to send something to be printed. Once I send something to print, the entire system shuts off and comes back on and has to reboot. Once the printer is on, it will print and this will not happen until it shuts off again. Any assistance is appreciated.

A:Print Control Problem/computer reboots

Is the printer set to turn on with the system under settings? Jazz
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a two year old Dell Dimension desktop running Windows XP Media Edition with Service Pack and recently bought another Dell laptop-an Inspiron E running Windows Vista Home premium edition I have networked the two computers using a Netgear WPN v Solved: From Wireless Computer Can't Networked Print router Both computers Solved: Can't Print From Wireless Networked Computer cans quot see quot each other and the laptop can quot see quot the printer connected to the desktop I am also able to set the networked printer as the default printer on the laptop I can transfer files with no issues and Solved: Can't Print From Wireless Networked Computer have no internet connection issues My problem is that when I try to print to my HP C connected to the Dimension via a parallel printer cable from the laptop the file is sent to the print queue but nothing prints The queue shows the file is spooling with no file Solved: Can't Print From Wireless Networked Computer size pages show as quot N A quot and nothing prints When I print the same file from the Dimension desktop the queue shows a file size associated pages and prints the document with no issues I have tried to print with both computers firewalls turned completely off and get the same results Hope someone can help nbsp

Relevancy 37.84%

Printer (Lexmark X2600) used to work fine. Now computer is sending print jobs to the print queue but nothing gets printed until I shut down the computer. Then everything in the queue prints out. The machine and printer belong to a puter-phobic friend of mine. The CPU is a fairly cheapo "emachine", several years old, w/Windows 7.

A:Printer won't print queue until I shut down computer

Hello June, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if clearing and resetting the printer queue may help in case it may be corrupted.

Print Spooler Queue - Clear and Reset

Hope this helps,
Relevancy 37.41%

print spooler preventing computer from entering Standby

I have a friend who has a Dell Inspiron 8600 running XP.

She gets the above message. She also just installed a HP Officejet 4215 All-in-One

Any ideas?
Relevancy 37.41%

I've been trying to print from my computer and it tells me there's a problem with the spooler. I've tried restarting it and the printer and I've tried restarting the spooler manually through CMD prompt with "net start spooler" and still nothing. If anyone can help, I would be eternally grateful!

A:[SOLVED] I try to print and my computer says there's an issue with the spooler, PLEAS

Hi, have you been able to print before and this just started to happen? Have you changed anything or downloaded any new programs recently?

What exactly is the full error message you receive?

Go to start search and type, cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-

reg query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Spooler" /s > 0 & notepad 0
(press enter)

next type:-

systeminfo > 1 & notepad 1
(press enter)

Please post both notepad outcomes here.
Relevancy 37.41%

please am new to the networking world and i need your help.
A computer on my network can't print excel document from a shared printer
on the network. it can only print word documents.
if i try to set the printer as a default printer it flags an error.
i don't want to run a new windows installation too.
please help

A:a computer cant print excel document on a shared printer

A bit of a long shot--- Go to control panel - Printers.
Right click on the problem printer & choose Printer Properties.
Click on the Ports tab.
Untick enable bidirectional support. - Click ok.
Now try to print from excel again.
Relevancy 37.41%

I've got a weird problem I'm hoping someone sharing computer file/print blocking Domain can help Two computers in a small office are on the same LAN network FiOS if that's relevant They are using VPNs to connect to a domain network Computer A can see and connect to Computer B for file print sharing but Computer B cannot connect to Computer A Computer A is visible on the network but when you browse to it from Computer B a login prompt appears and no matter what user name and password you put in you get an error message saying Access Denied If you try to add the printer from Computer A on Computer B through the Add Printer wizard you get an error message saying quot Windows cannot Domain computer blocking file/print sharing connect to the printer Operation failed with error x f quot Both computers are running Windows x I've made sure file and print sharing are enabled on both computers for the quot Home Work network quot the LAN and the quot Domain network quot the VPN Regardless of whether or not the VPN is connected the same thing occurs Both users have local non-admin accounts on both computers and have no problem logging into each other's computers nbsp Any ideas
Relevancy 37.41%

hi aside from my windows xp computer running slow start photos print computer slow, printer cant running up is slow too i noticed my printer is unable to print photos of any kind but can print other things like word docs internet pages etc If i spool computer running slow, printer cant print photos up a photo in any photo program it will just fill the computer running slow, printer cant print photos spool file up to around MB computer running slow, printer cant print photos and quit the actual photo is only to MB big and this of course gets converted to a HP PCL file which is much bigger but still not as big as MB I cant help but think that this is related to my computers slow performance some how but i dont know what could be causing this computer to printer glitch Why is it filling the spool file up every time come to think of it shut down isnt too quick either here is my hijack this logfile hopefully something will show itself here Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files EPSON Creativity Suite Event Manager EEventManager exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ArcSoft TotalMedia Backup amp Record uBBMonitor exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files iolo Common Lib ioloDMVSvc exe C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper WRSSSDK exe C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADService exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program Files SiteAdvisor SiteAdv dll O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run EEvent... Read more

A:computer running slow, printer cant print photos

which os is the pc running? if xp then check windows task manager/performance.

check memory available for use against total memory installed..if high usage then run/msconfig check startup tab.. uncheck program files you don't need to run at boot up time.delete all temp files. run defragmenter on "C"

for more tweaks set services to your os..installed on the pc.
Relevancy 37.41%

my computer is running Windows 7 Professional.

I have added and installed a shared printer to this computer. The printer is connected to an other computer that is running Windows XP, and the printer is shared.

Everything seems ok. The installation completed without difficulties.
When I am trying to print a test-page, the document shows up in the printer queue for about 30 seconds, saying that the document is being sent to the printer, then it disappears.
Still after 10 minutes nothing has been printed. Nothing happens.

I was almost certain that the problem was the firewall, but I turned off the firewall on both computers and it still doesn't work.

Last year I tried this out with two computers both running XP, and it worked out perfectly.

Does anybody know a solution to this problem?

A:Can't print through local network to printer attached to XP computer.

Hi again,

I found a solution to the problem myself :-)

It turned out to be a double issue.
One of the problems WAS the firewall. I did in the beginning of my troubleshooting try to turn off the firewall, and it didn't work. But that was because there was an other problem as well. I didn't think it was a double problem at that point. So I assumed the firewall wasn't the problem.
I then realised there was only a one way connection between the computers, since the Win 7 pc could access to the XP computer, but the XP computer couldn't get access to the Win 7 computer. I figured out that it was the firewall that caused this issue. Now I could send printing jobs to the queue on the XP computer, but it disappeared from the queue after some seconds and the printer didn't print anything.
The windows troubleshooting on the Win 7 computer couldn't find any problems with the printer connection. Then I downloaded HP's own troubleshooting application from the internet, and it found that it was a driver issue.
Then I did some googling and found a patch for many HP printers for Win 7 x64 (Deskjet 710/720/810/820/1000 Series printers - Patch for 64 ... - HP Support Forum). After applying this patch everything works like a charm.

To summerize:
The firewall was one problem.
And the other problem was that the printer drivers from Windows Update didn't work on Windows 7 x64 (it shouldn't be a problem with the 32 bit version of windows 7).
Relevancy 37.41%

I have just installed Windows 7 32 bit on a computer with is hosting a HP Laserjet 1600 printer to which I would like to print to from my laptop running Windows 64 bit. I have added the network printer from the host machine but it won't print. Both systems File and Printer sharing is turned on in the advance sharing settings for both computers and I can share files OK. I have also allow Print permissions in the Security tab under the networked printer properties. However the spooled document print when I restart the Host computer??? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Network Printer won't print until Host Computer reboots

checking your power settings ... If you are running on desktop and that is where the printer is located. make sure your power settings say "High Performance"

That should stop the hard drive from shutting down...

also go to device manager and right click to properties -->> Power Management >> uncheck "allow the computer to torn off this device to save power..

reboot the computer and see if that works for you
Relevancy 37.41%

Okay umm im really sorry if this was already asked or whatever but i couldnt find anything.

I have windows XP on both my laptop and my home computer which has the printer attached to it. They're already networked, i have the internet and it works. but i have no idea how to set it up so that the laptop will print from the home computer's printer.

the printer is an hp deskjet 5550 series, im not sure if thats important or even the right information though sorry.

please help? Oh and if you can't tell i dont really know anything about computers but i need help with this, so thanks for being patient haha.

A:Use my laptop to print from a printer attached to a networked computer?

Here is a wizard way to set up file and printer sharing.

Run the Network Setup wizard (found in Control Panel of XP). Tell it each of your computers connects to the internet via "residential gateway" and that you want to enable file and printer sharing. Create a disk at the end only if you have a Windows PC other than XP or 2k Pro.

Windows XP firewall (if SP2) will be properly configured by the wizard. You must uninstall or properly configure any 3rd party firewalls on each machine. Unique computer names and same workgroup, of course.

The Shared Documents folder is automatically shared. Any other folders (or drives) or printers you want to share, just right click on them and sharing ... . When sharing a printer, accept the offer to load other drivers if your other PCs have different Operating System(s).

When you first go into My Network Places there will be nothing there. The first time you click on 'View Workgroup computers' will probably result in great disappointment. It takes awhile (20 minutes or so) before all the computers in the workgroup get up-to-date and accurate lists of the other computers. Often you can speed up this process via Search for other computers.

When computers show up in My Network Places, double click on one to see its shares. If that includes a printer, you can right click on the printer to connect to it.
Relevancy 37.41%

Win XP Pro SP3

The computer boots andappears normal, but I can't print, see other network computers or the internet. The internet connection works

Also, I Keep getting a pop up window that says:
"Google update.exe bad image

The application or DLL c:\windows\system32 vikuyomo.dll is not a valid image...please check this agains your installation disk.

Anyone know how or have any experience with this?

A:Computer works but cant share files, print or internet

Welcome to TSG---

Download Hijack This here, and save it to your desktop.
Double-click to run, and choose Do a system scan and save a logfile.
When the scan finishes and the logfile pops up in notepad,
Click EDIT, click SELECT ALL.
Click EDIT again, and click COPY.

Paste the content of the logfile into your next reply.

DO NOT fix anything yet.
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I just purchased an used computer with Windows Home Premium x this is an HP Slimline s f The problem that I have is with a Brother HL series printer It gave me a really hard time to install the drivers that I downloaded from Printer grayed problems print - page print fails test out button the Brother website I kept getting a quot x quot error and quot Printer problems print button grayed out - test print page fails could not find suitable driver for this printer quot error Finally I decided to take the driver folders for this printer from my wife's computer and copied them to my computer and put them in the drivers repository under System and was able to install the printer after that with no problems The problem that I have right now is that the printer won't print even though it told me Printer problems print button grayed out - test print page fails that the driver installation was successful -the print button is grayed out -If I click quot printer properties quot it tells me that the drivers have not been installed and asks if I want to install them -If I install the drivers at this prompt it tells me that the drivers have been successfully installed -Now it lets me access the printer properties but when I click quot print test page quot either nothing happens or it tells me that it failed to print and access is denied -If i close printer properties and try to access it again it tells me that the printer drivers have not been installed I get the same results with the printer connected locally trough USB or on another computer through the network All the other computers in the house print to this printer without a problem through the network The printer server is running Ubuntu It seems like a permission problem Thanks I appreciate any help that I can receive on this Manuel Rivas

A:Printer problems print button grayed out - test print page fails

Hello and welcome Manuel. Now probably too obvious mate but is the printer showing up ticked as the default device in Printers and Devices? while 7 is up and running?.
Relevancy 37.41%

Just migrated our office to a new Server R Print server about a dozen printers installed via GPO to Windows workstations Mostly HP's running Universal PS driver plus the odd Kip plotter and Xerox Copier nbsp nbsp nbsp For maybe users out of nbsp some there is a printing problem nbsp When a print job is sent it appears in the queue and then is immediately deleted nbsp No other indication that anything is amiss No events fire no dimming nbsp of the icons or exclamation points nbsp no error messages nbsp That's the consistent part There is also job GPO queue. won't from deleted Newly users. a printers deployed for immed. Print few print some inconsistent but still bad behavior I'm finding on the different PCs For some deleting and re-running gpupdate will nbsp bring the printers back and printing properly but only for a short time Sometimes only one or two printers will nbsp print sometimes not Sometimes logging Newly deployed GPO printers won't print for a few users. Print job immed. deleted from queue. in as a different user will install the printers sometimes no nbsp I've been fiddling with this over Newly deployed GPO printers won't print for a few users. Print job immed. deleted from queue. the past few days and gotten absolutely no where nbsp Now I don't know what to look at next Any idea would be appreciated nbsp James A Helfer COMPUTER SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR WTW ARCHITECTS PITTSBURGH PA
Relevancy 37.41%

i enter all my info in to Quattro Pro x5 but now i want to print it-- but i keep getting this error

Quattro Pro x5 page count over 1000 the print block is too large use smaller print

it sure would be nice of Corel WordPerfect Office X5 if there would get a lot more info-

i try a lot of differnt seting some where not let me change now-- but noting seem to help

im new to Quattro Pro x5

any idea please
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello to all It has been a while since this problem first occurred Now it has become unbearable When I try to print use print preview or enter page setup Microsoft Word freezes The same thing also happens with other Office programs like Microsoft Excel I am not sure if there is a problem with my printer driver the printer is an HP L n by the way as setup enter 2003 print to freezes or trying Office page use preview print, when I have reinstalled it many times AND I have no problem using it as a network printer and can print the same word documents FINE from laptops or other desktop computers in the house Thus I know that the documents aren t corrupted I can also print pdf documents fine from this computer I think this problem started when my laser printer driver disappeared and when I tried to reinstall it I got a spool-related error I reinstalled the spool driver and then when I tried to print a doc file I was unable to do so The problem may most likely be linked to Office itself but I have tried options like deleting the data key and renaming the Office 2003 freezes when trying to print, use print preview or enter page setup normal dot template all which have failed to alleviate the problem I think that is all the information I can offer to assist anyone trying to help me with this matter and I hope that the problem can be fixed without me having to reformat or something like that Thank you in advance P S Not sure if this will also come in handy but my OS is Windows XP Professional SP nbsp

A:Office 2003 freezes when trying to print, use print preview or enter page setup

In Office, On the Help menu there is a 'detect and repair' option. It wouldn't hurt to run that. This could also be a sign that the hard drive is going bad (loosing stuff here and there)...
Relevancy 37.41%

I have an HP C5280 printer running wirelessly via a TP Link wireless print server and D Link Di 624 wireless router. I can print successfully from either my desktop (which is connected direct to the D Link router) or either of my laptops (wireless). However, when I select the double-sided print option I get a print error message after re-inserting the odd number pages to print the other side of the paper and then click 'continue'.

Could I resolve this by connecting the printer both direct to the desktop using USB AND leaving it connected via the wireless TP Link print server? This would enable me to print double-sided from my desktop (as I did before when the printer was only connected via the USB desktop port).

A:Print error message when trying to print double sided output on wireless printer

Could I resolve this by connecting the printer both direct to the desktop using USB AND leaving it connected via the wireless TP Link print server? Click to expand...

Probably, unless the USB connection is already used with the print server.