Windows Support Forum

Warranty HP workstation Z240

Q: Warranty HP workstation Z240

Hello, I have some problem to open a ticket in warranty for an HP Z240. I'm registered on HP Support and also HP Enterprise Support, but when I try to open a ticket after the serial number check the site platform give me an error: this is not the right site for this serial number. I get this error on HP Support and also HP Enterprise support. What is the procedure to open a warranty ticket for this workstation?????If I call the telephone support number is always busy......it is crazy Thanks,Alessandro

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Warranty-HP-workstation-Z240/td-p/5840120
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Warranty HP workstation Z240

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 33.97%

Hello First I want to say that my native language is not English If I have made any grammatical errors ask to be excused Recently I decided to improve my computer s video card and bought a GTX DirectCU Once I put it in my computer he began to beep and the card does not start at all I went to the computer service and asked what could be my problem There I was xw4600 and HP DirectCU GTX Workstation 660 told that most likely my power is insufficient So before I invest in new power want to ask - is it possible that the problem lies elsewhere In the end it was pretty old computer and there may be some incompatibility On the GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation net I found this The HP XW workstation motherboard and power supply are Proprietary GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation the power supply can t be upgraded with a standard ATX power supply Sorry The power supply is specific to that hp board Click to expand Spoiler My pc Power Supply watts wide-ranging active Power Factor Correction Efficient Computer Computer Type ACPI GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation x -based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core Duo E MHz x Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard HP xw Workstation Motherboard Chipset Intel Beachwood X System Memory MB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM DIMM Micron HTF AY- E GB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Micron HTF AY- E GB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz BIOS Type Compaq Display Video Adapter NVIDIA Quadro FX MB Storage Disk Drive ST AS GB RPM SATA-II Disk Drive WDC WD EZEX- BN A GB RPM SATA-III Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H Q BIOS BIOS Properties Vendor Hewlett-Packard Version F v Release Date Size MB System BIOS Version Boot Devices Floppy Disk Hard Disk CD-ROM ATAPI ZIP LS- Capabilities Flash BIOS Shadow BIOS Selectable Boot Network Service Boot EDD BBS Supported Standards DMI ACPI PnP Expansion Capabilities PCI USB Virtual Machine No From my research so far my power supply should be enough for this video card nbsp

A:GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation

My best opinion as to why you are having problems is incompatibility. Looking at the chipset for your motherboard (Intel Beachwood X38), it is linked for a PCI Express slot version 1.1. The Geforce GTX 660 DirectCU is a PCI Express 3.0 card. Not all PCI Express 3.0 cards will work in a PCI Express 1.1 slot. Multiple people have had problems with said issue. If you are looking for better compatibility, I would suggest getting a PCI Express 2.1 (or 2.0) video card. You will have less issues getting it to work properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660-directcu-and-hp-xw4600-workstation.210847/
Relevancy 32.68%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultimate-server-workstation-mobo-asrock-x99-extreme-11.206694/
Relevancy 33.54%

I recently purchased a Supermicro SuperWorkstation A- and am having problems getting the audio to work I installed Windows Pro and the Motherboard has built in Realtek ALC audio I did install the latest drivers that Supermicro has for the ALC I have one green plug that Supermicro Not Working Audio Workstation runs speakers and subwoofer I have that plugged into the Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working green plug on the back of the computer In the Realtek HD Audio Manager the SPEAKERS Tab is check as the default device In the SOUND window Speakers are also checked as the Default device When I play some music the green bar moves up and down in the SOUND window and in the VOLUME MIXER window So the speakers have been detected when I plugged them in and it is showing that the built in Audio is working but no sound is coming out Any ideas on this Supermicro may eventually solve this problem but I really want to get on with this using this computer now When I installed the Drivers for the NVIDIA Quadro K Graphics Card it also seems to have installed some NVIDIA High Definition Audio Drivers It doesn t seem to help when I disable them Also I noticed lots of people talking about not seeing the SPEAKERS tab in these forums I was also having that problem The computer seemed to quit detecting when anything was plugged in so the tab never came up I finally figured out how to fix that problem though To get the SPEAKERS Tab to reappear you go to the right had side of the Realtek HD Audio Manager window and click on the little folder icon A CONNECTORS SETTINGS Window pops up and there is a box you can check for Enabling auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in You need to uncheck that box and click OK You then go back to that folder and recheck that box and click OK again The Speakers tab should now appear when you plug in something nbsp

A:Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working

The next time my computer rebooted the Speakers Tab once again disappeared and there is nothing I can do that will bring it back! *sigh*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/supermicro-workstation-audio-not-working.201241/
Relevancy 34.4%

So hey people I m new here so I want to know what I need to buy so first things firs I workstation buy Want for 3d a and video to have dls second I almost use all the time adobe premiere after effects cinema d and some times zbrush Want to buy a workstation for video and 3d and maya in video I work from full hd to k and k so some times I do rendering for architecture also So thats what I have and the programs I use so I wanted to go and muy a workstation for this so some said BUY A INTEL and others BUY AMD and some said MAKE A NVIDIA MAXIMUS and I was like I LIKE THE FIREPRO W SO WHATS BETTER I was configuring this computer the other day the http www titanuscomputers com Titanus-A -Dual-AMD-Opteron-Seoul- -Series-p a htm With gb ram a w OPTERON cores or maybe cores thats on the main thing the other things are just accesories but is it really the best option or should I go for intel please I really need to know a real answer because I just want the render and transcoding video fast enough to make a good workflow so would like some help from you guys on this I have been reading a lot for this but hell Im not a computer genious I just want to render faster nbsp

A:Want to buy a workstation for video and 3d

I would not go for an Opteron processor as they are meant more for servers than desktops. For a build like this, you would either be looking at the AMD 8350 flagship or an Intel I7 4xxx.. The main difference is that Intel is faster on single-threaded tasks (that is the major difference), but AMD is ever so slightly faster on some multi-threaded tasks...

Would you be willing to build the computer yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-buy-a-workstation-for-video-and-3d.195237/
Relevancy 33.97%

Bro ,
just seen your suggestion , really very help full.. also need your advise in building graphics workstation. we are advertising company.. I want to build a perfect graphics workstation for our our designers..
we use the following applications .

3d Software- 3d studio Max 2013
Render resolution- HD 1920
Adobe Master Collection 6
Adobe Design Collection 6 (illustrator-photoshop-indesign) ME
Maya
After Effect Package Plugin
Cinema 4D ?vision 14

all the above application we use to make exhibition stall designs..ect.
at present we are using intel xeon quad core - 3.2 Ghz with 6GB RAM .. ATI RADEON HD4780 1GB., we are using single monitor.. may be required Dual screen..

I was looking for HD Z820 and Z640 series... dual xeon with 8 core processor with 32GB RAM , Nvidia Quadro 4000 is costing huge amount...$ 10,000/- each

I know build customized will reduce the cost...I want about 5 workstations..

so please advise me best suitable computer spec... relable spec and recomanded graphics card.. my budged is $ 5000/-

A:Building graphics workstation

Is the $5000 per computer, or for all the computers put together?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-graphics-workstation.194369/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi All I am trying to Best Workstation Graphic buy a brand new Dell Workstation but I want to know what specifications are needed enough amp best for Best Graphic Workstation graphic please I need workstation for graphic designer who works on Adobe CS collection After Effect Maya Premier D Max for designing the promos and animations I have the following specifications of workstation amp want to know whether is it ok for graphic or not Processor Two Intel Xeon Processors E Best Graphic Workstation - Six Core GHz M GT s Turbo Operating System Windows Professional SP No Media -bit English Productivity Software Microsoft Office Trial MUI Energy Efficiency Option No Energy Star Memory GB DDR RDIMM Memory MHz ECC x GB DIMMs Graphics Dual NVIDIA Quadro NVS GB MON mDP GPU Computing None Multi Select Video Adapters Display Port to VGA Adapter Hard Drive Configuration C SATA Inch - Hard Drives Hard Drive RAID RAID PCIe Hard Drive Controller None Hard Drive Controller Integrated Intel Controller SATA Gb s RAID ports Boot Hard Drive TB RPM quot SATA Gb s Hard Drive nd Hard Drive TB RPM quot SATA Gb s Hard Drive I am waiting for a proper solution BR Fahim nbsp

A:Best Graphic Workstation

Well, having 2 Xeon E5s with a weak GPU and little RAM means the PC is aimed at computing tasks, not graphic design. Would you mind building your own machine? It allows for more customization is cheaper, and has a much wider range of options. I am also more familiar with building custom workstations rather than prebuilt (Dell, HP, etc.) workstations. Would you like to build your own or stick with Dell or HP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-graphic-workstation.191969/
Relevancy 33.97%

Good day to all!

Can a ZOTAC GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?
If so, can 2 VC run 4 52" LCDs?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Can a Zotac GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?

Well may I ask why you want a 650ti to be paired with a $2500 dual Xeon monster? Since you have a workstation, I am guessing you do Photoshop or Autocad. Plus what do you mean "VC"? Also, I dont think your TV has DVI inputs nor display ports, only HDMI. Unfortunately the 650Ti only has 1 HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-zotac-gtx-650-ti-run-on-hp-z820-workstation.191237/
Relevancy 34.4%

Does anyone know what the 775 limitations are on this board? I can't access the CPU support and Im not sure of the 45/65nm support? I want to upgrade just the cpu on an old workstation to give 64bit support for more RAM (which I already have). I'd like to put the E5700 Wolfdale in but again, not sure. If anyone can recommend the top 3-4 processors that I can use it would be mucho appreciated.
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=91

A:CPU upgrade for workstation

It's not capable of utilizing more than 2GB of RAM, so not sure how you'd potentially need 64-bit to address what it can handle now.

I'd look at upgrading personally, compared with today's technology that motherboard is woefully inadequate and by the looks of things only supports very early LGA 775 processors anyway. You essentially be throwing money at obsolete technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-upgrade-for-workstation.180338/
Relevancy 32.68%

I sent my laptop in to be serviced under warranty because the keyboard would not work. was denied service because of water damage but now my screen doesn't work, can someone help

A:My screen won't turn on after service was denied on warranty due to water damage

Water can destroy a laptop or any other electronic device. Chances are that the water sat underneath the keyboard and flowed onto the motherboard where it dried causing corrosion and damaging the motherboard permanently. You could take the laptop to a repair shop and they could give you a repair estimate. Of course, you will have to pay for this repair. If a liquid is spilled on a laptop in the future, immediately open it and turn it upside down. This allows the liquid not to hit and pool on the motherboard, or in a keyboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-screen-wont-turn-on-after-service-was-denied-on-warranty-due-to-water-damage.178774/
Relevancy 33.11%

SIGGRAPH -the geeks Christmas.
Engadget's short but very sweet video of an HP Z800 workstation equipped with a couple of Fusion-io drives, and an Nvidia QuadroPlex 7000 GPU system.

Four monitors, twelve simultaneous uncompressed 1080p video streams...read 'em and weep Eyefinity and 3D Surround junkies

Engadget article and video >>here<<

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/12-simultaneous-1080p-video-streams-from-one-workstation.169097/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am an Animation Graphics Student I am working on my first build Programs I use Maya DS Max Adobe Suite Corel Painter etc I also game a bit and used to play WoW hardcore when I still had a computer I was burglarized So I need build workstation hybrid Gaming/graphics a build that will be awesome for d graphics but won t sacrifice game play I am already over my budget and I need some advice I ve got builds One is a Combo deal and the other I spliced together The motherboard in the combo deal is quite better as far as I can tell I m going to post Build first then Build It won t let me post a link to my build yet unfortunately Newegg com - Computers Computer Parts and Electronics My Wish List Details Build Qty Image Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price GIGABYTE GA-Z A-D H-B LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build A-D H-B Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Model GA-Z A-D H-B Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit - OEM Model GFC- Item N E Return Policy Software Standard Return Policy In Stock Acer G HAbd WideScreen LCD monitor - Retail Acer G HAbd WideScreen LCD monitor Model ET VG HP A Item N E Return Policy Monitor Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant SAMSUNG CD DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH- AB SAMSUNG CD DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH- AB - OEM Model SH- AB Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Antec Lanboy air Blue Black Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case Antec Lanboy air Blue Black Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case Model Lanboy air Blue Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate - - - Instant EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Model -P - -KR Item N E Return Policy VGA Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate Card - - CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Model CMPSU- TX Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate Card - - - Instant Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Model BX I K Item N E Return Policy CPU Replacement Only Return Policy In Stock OCZ Agility OCZSSD - AGTE G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD OCZ Agility OCZSSD - AGTE G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Model OCZSSD - AGTE G Item N E Return Policy Limited Replacement Only Return Policy In Stock - Instant G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL Model F - CL D- GBRL Item N E Return Policy Memory Standard Return Policy In Stock Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Model WD FAEX Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i amp Intel Core i COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Model RR-B - P-G Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Subtotal nbsp

A:Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build

Looks OK, but I'd change the case to a Coolermaster HAF912 (if you don't want full tower, or HAF X, or a HAF932, all of which are cheaper than your current Antec LanBoy, so will save money. The HAF912 is only $49.99 after the mail in rebate (or $10 more without) which is frankly a huge saving on that Antec.

I'd also change your hard disk to a 1TB samsung Spinpoint F3, or if purely for storage needs, upgrade to a 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4. You could actually run 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3's (in RAID) for the same money as your single 1.5TB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-graphics-workstation-hybrid-build.168889/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am going into my fourth year of architecture school and I am building a desktop. I plan on using my system for Adobe cs5, CAD, Revit, 3ds max, Maya, Ecotect, Virtual Enviroment, Rhino, and Grasshopper. I am having trouble deciding on a graphics card. Is it necessary to have a workstation graphic card to do 3d modeling with these programs? If so, what type of card would you reccomend, Nvidia or ATI?

List of requirements given by the school:
Intel® Core? i7
12 GB+ Memory
2TB Hard Drive
Dual 20"+ monitors
DVD±RW Drive
Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least 1-2GB memory
Wireless Network Adapter
Windows 7 ® Home Premium (64-bit)

A:Workstation graphic cards vs. consumer cards

The last question is the easiest - I would go with nVidia because their CUDA processing engine accelerates many of the applications you use. I know Adobe CS5 and Maya take advantage of it but don't know about the rest of the applications you listed.

Adobe CS5 added acceleration for multiple applications with the Mercury Playback Engine which is designed specifically for more recent nVidia cards with the CUDA feature set.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adobe-cs5-cuda-64-bit,2770.html

Third party review and recommendations for use with CS5 (the card list starts about half way down the page)

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

CUDA (see more info below about CUDA) supported graphics cards (note that the GeForce or mainstream and gamer cards (for desktop and laptop PCs) are listed near the bottom of the page:

http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

nVidia provides information touting how much their cards accelerate Adobe CS5, including general description about CUDA with internal links to more info for advanced users:a

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home_new.html

Here are a couple of reviews on workstation cards you might find informative:

Workstation Shootout: Nvidia Quadro 5000 Vs. ATI FirePro V8800
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/quadro-5000-firepro-v8800-workstation-graphics,2701.html

AMD FirePro V9800 4 GB: Eyefinity Meets Professional Graphics
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firepro-v9800-eyefinity-quadro-5000,2780.html

The choice between workstation vs. gaming cards is a little more difficult. The higher end gaming cards are very similar to the lower end gaming cards, the difference is primarily in the drivers and service. Workstation drivers have been more finely tuned to the kinds of work done in WS applications - but this can have a signficant impact on performance for those applications. Morever, with the higher price you pay buys you better, generlly quicker support for dealing with issues.

I think the choice must depend on how and how much you use the cards. If you use the applications for several hours a day, the higher productivity of the workstation station cards may pay for the higher cost several times over. Otherwise you might do just as well with the gaming cards.

If you decide to go with gaming cards, you might find some helpful information on upgrading video cards at upgradevideocards.com, but they have no information on workstation cards:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/index.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstation-graphic-cards-vs-consumer-cards.168100/
Relevancy 33.97%

I need to build a PC for this upcoming fall semester We have been given guidelines to follow by the school but they are very open-ended and could use some assistance The pc will be running programs such as Rhinoceros Autocad DS Max Adobe CS etc I was hoping to keep the price range of this computer between - Students entering th year Architecture will begin rendering and using other 3D new Building workstation a modeling resource intensive applications The college requires the purchase of a high-end desktop computer Many students choose to have these systems custom built to better fit their needs Example minimum specs for Intel Core i GB Memory TB Hard Drive DVD RW Drive Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least - GB memory Wireless Network Adapter Windows Home Premium -bit www kent edu CAED about computing archcomputer cfm Click to expand I need assistance in the bold areas There just seem to be so many things to choose from I don t know where to begin Thank you in advance Hayden nbsp

A:Building a new 3D modeling workstation

haha

check out my post today

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic168043.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-3d-modeling-workstation.168044/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am looking to upgrade/replace 6 older workstation pc's (purchased 11/07) and am looking for advice on new builds.

The workstations are used for our P.O.S. program and accessing online vendors (low graphics requirements).

Emphasis on reliability, low cost.

Willing to reuse old components, especially monitor,keyboard & mouse.

Prefer established online vendors like Newegg.

Is the "budget box" build the best bet?

Current System Specs: Dell OptiPlex 745
HARD DRIVE..., 80G, S2, 7.2K, 3.5, WD-UNIC
Dual In-line Memory Module 512, 667M, 64X64, 8, 240, 1RX8
Processor, 945, 3.4, 2X2MB Pentium D Presler, D0

A:Building new budget workstation pc's, looking for recommendations

Budget? AMD or Intel? Does it matter? What programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-budget-workstation-pcs-looking-for-recommendations.168051/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am upgrading my computer which I use for Video editing Music production gaming and extreme multi-tasking After thorough research here is my shortlist CPU Intel Core i k GHz Socket MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor RAM Corsair Vengeance GB upgrade for your Shortlist thoughts? - PC workstation x Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? GB DDDR Mhz Memory Module CL V MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Socket onboard Channel Audio ATX Motherboard SSD DRIVE Crucial GB quot M SSD SATA-III Gb s - Read MB s Write MB s I am upgrading from Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? GA-EP -DS R Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case I will continue to use with the new build Do you have any suggestions for improvement I hope to order this week I am happy to buy from any reliable Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? website including ebay sellers my preferred websites are ebuyer and amazon Thank you in advance for any suggestions they will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts?

It's not necessary to start two threads.
4.5 ghz should be fine.
You might need a new mounting brace for your fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shortlist-for-workstation-pc-upgrade-your-thoughts.166759/
Relevancy 33.11%

Budget Range while being workstation £1200 ($2000) High-end upgrade sensible I do not wish to pay twice as much for - performance improvements but if it is significant then I am willing to use up all of my budget System Usage from Most to Least Important Video editing and encoding music production EXTREME MULTI-TASKING gaming Parts Not Required I will be using the following in my new build and they will not be required Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case Preferred Website s for Parts any reliable website including Ebay sellers Ebuyer and Amazon are my favourites Country of Origin £1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade UK Parts Preferences I ve had my eyes on the i K at least GB RAM and adding another GTX ti to my computer I also wish to invest in an SSD to run my operating system software apps from This is well under my budget if I can get significant extra performance I would be happy to spend more Overclocking FINE as long as it does not affect the stability SLI or Crossfire I want to get a second GTX ti but I m interested in other options if there are any Monitor Resolution Dual displays x amp x Additional Comments I am upgrading from the following Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte GA-EP -DS R I had GB of memory but two GB modules become faulty GB is not enough for video editing in Adobe After Effects and multi-tasking effectively New DDR memory is expensive and not worth investing in I cannot add a second ti to my current build as the motherboard only supports crossfire I am interested in new technologies such as quot QUICKSYNC quot for video encoding Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:£1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade

no love?

ok here's what I have my eyes on:

CPU

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor £235.65

RAM

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V £32.99 x4 - £131.96

OR

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDDR3 1600Mhz Memory Module CL9 1.5V £151.96

MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard £108.69

OR

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Socket 1155 onboard 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard £148.85

SSD DRIVE

OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Read 550MB/s Write 500MB/s 60k IOPS £209.99

good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%A31200-2000-high-end-workstation-upgrade.166621/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys I m planning on purchasing a workstation soon but i need advice from experts on how many memory ram should i be looking at I will be buying from OEM such as DELL or HP according to their workstation series there are models which can be upgraded to GB GB GB GB Running on Windows Pro -bit OS Programs that i will be using consist of DS Solidworks Autocad Autodesk Ds Max Inventor Adobe Creative Suite perhaps Bunkspeed or other rendering programs not to forget MS Office As this is the first time i will memory Workstation's be buying a workstation i need feedback or advice from people who s doing the same task and perhaps running Workstation's memory programs of such I m looking to optimize the performance of my workflow in reality do i need GB of rams The task i will be doing is designing Products interior space D modeling Rendering Please advice Workstation's memory me Thank you very much for your help nbsp

A:Workstation's memory

16-24 GB will probably be enough, but it really comes down to the size of your models and how much multitasking with these apps you will be doing. Take a look at your current memory usage on your current rig by watching Taskman to get an idea.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstations-memory.165970/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi i m choosing between what kind types of Solid State Drive to be configure in my new mobile workstation The problem is i m not so familiar with SSDs and computer s hardware So i hope mobile between workstation types SSDs for Choosing of that i could get some help out of this thread on Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation the differences and the ideal choice of Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation SSDs for my mobile workstation Or should i just go for a normal HDD I will basically run Autodesk program ranging from Autocad Inventor Ds Max then Solidworks Bunkspeed amp Adobe programs These are the options provided by Dell Precision M and i wonder what brand do they uses for SSDs i feel safer to go with Intel but i really don t know GB RPM SATA Hard Drive Included in Price GB RPM SATA Hard Drive add cheapest GB Full Minicard Solid State Drive add cheap GB Mobility Solid State Drive add moderate GB Solid State Hard Drive add super high price HP Elitebook w GB RPM Hard Drive GB RPM Hard Drive GB RPM Hard Drive GB Solid State Hard Drive GB RPM SED SATA HARD DRIVE Thank you nbsp

A:Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation

it looks like they use Samsung FlashSSD drives.
http://www.dell.com/content/learnmo...mobile_hdd&~lt=popup&~series=precn&~tab=other

they are not to bad actually and far better then i would have expected from Dell.
the Samsung FlashSSD on the website has pretty decent specs but i am not sure if that is the exact same drive with same specs.
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/...Brand_Flash+Drive+-+General_Samsung+flash+ssd

edit: in any case you probably would fair better with an aftermarket drive like the ocz vertex 2 or the corsair force but then you would probably not have dell's recovery partition on it etc. unless you clone it.

if you would do that you could either save by not getting a hdd altogether from dell or use the 7200rpm that it comes with as storage drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-between-types-of-ssds-for-mobile-workstation.160491/
Relevancy 34.4%

A few years back I purchased - GB Kingston Value Ram sticks Kingston ValueRAM GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR D N K G I used it on an Intel X board that warranty, compatibility... Memory was glitchy finall gave up and swapped it on to an MSI X- board with a Q processor Memory warranty, compatibility... that was glitchy so I scrapped the Memory warranty, compatibility... whole thing and did an I- build Decided to revisit the Q and the Kingston Ram and do a Home Theater build using an Intel DG RK The quot tested ram quot spec for that board calls for volt non ECC ram However when I go Memory warranty, compatibility... on the Kingston website and plug in that motherboard it specifies the ram If I plug in the - GB sticks of that I use in the I- build everything works fine But when I plug in the ram of the GB sticks are accepted by the motherboard and two are rejected with the -beep code When I was running this ram on the previous motherboards they were always glitchy beep codes at startup lock-ups I must have run Memtest times and always showed no errors Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look for the problem Ram always says quot limited lifetime warranty quot but when I have run Memtest in the past it shows no problems Does anyone have any suggestions about warranty replacement I think that will be a waste of time nbsp

A:Memory warranty, compatibility...

Compare the votages and timings in BIOS against the designed specs of the RAM. Do they match?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-warranty-compatibility.158473/
Relevancy 32.68%

This will be a video editing workstation running premiere pro maybe elements Looking to spend up some need parts on editing feedback workstation video Building to Prices are from Newegg Just looking to make sure everything is compatible and that there aren t any bottlenecks and not sure if the PSU will have enough juice with just W Also thinking about adding an aftermarket cpu fan cooler EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi SuperClocked MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Mail-in Rebate Card AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT ZFBGRBOX CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR Building video editing workstation need some feedback on parts SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMX GX M A C CORSAIR CMPSU- VX W ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply Mail-in Rebate Card SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM SATA Gb s Corsair Nova Series CSSD-V GB -BRKT quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD ASUS VH H Black quot ms GTG HDMI Widescreen Full HD P LCD Monitor ASUS M A TD USB AM AMD SATA Gb s USB AMD Motherboard SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner Black EIDE ATAPI Model SH-S A Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Subtotal Thanks for the help in advance nbsp

A:Building video editing workstation need some feedback on parts

I really would go with a larger Power supply, maybe something in a 650 + Range.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-video-editing-workstation-need-some-feedback-on-parts.155285/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have two Dell [email protected] One has a hard drive fault. I have deleted and remade the dos partition. When I boot from my XP CD and try to install windows it says there is no hard drive attached. Have tried on both machines. Same result. I checked if my good drive (which is still working) would try tio install windows but I get the same result. (no hard drive attached) Am I doing something wromg

A:Dell Precision Workstation 690

What is/was the hard drive fault. And how did you deal with it. It appears your system worked until this drive fault occured.
Slso, specs for the computer would be nice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-workstation-690.132595/
Relevancy 34.4%

Here's my problem, I have 4 kids and 1 computer. I sent my computer out to be worked on and was wondering if it was possible to turn it into a workstation so, I can get more then 1 person on it at a time. I've been doing some research and have read about betwin 2000/xp and winconnect server xp. I am looking to see if anyone has ever used these programs and if turning 1 tower into a workstation using windows could be done. If so, how?

A:Need help building a workstation

Setting up 5 users on your 1 computer, with you as an administrator and your 4 kids as limited users doesn't work for you? Do you want to control 4 computers from your existing system. It is technically already a "workstation"...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-building-a-workstation.125889/
Relevancy 33.54%

So I was trying to decide if I wanted to upgrade or switch out my Freezone for a high powered Tech liquid cooling system for my setup Just thought if I could mod my freezone but Coolit Freezone I'm warranty voided... happy somehow http coolitsystems com you can find the unit here So heres what the system lacks imo from trial and error increasing my vcore from vs to vs fsb from - changing multiplier CT speedstep enabled disabled -large liquid resevoir -liquid tubing larger than quot -push pull feature since the unit is Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy so compact Freezone stock At vcore at cpu stock multiplier and fsb Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load Freezone modded At vcore at cpu stock multiplier and fsb Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load Now for the modification info I purchased high cfm fans I bought them here http www sidewindercomputers com depf drhisp html I replaced the mm fan with one of the new fans on the opposite side of the radiator I placed another Creating a push pull effect To mount the inner most fan I had to remove the liquid pump which actually was a good thing it created more lengh in the loop giving more options in my case to remount the pump When I first bought this unit I was curious to know why I could sometimes here the pump rumbling This unit comes filled with a anti-corrosive liquid that is said to be selfsustaining and not need refilling I should have RMA d it then but I was unknowledgable about water liquid cooling at the time To remedy this i bought more anti-corrosive liquid Went to my local pharmacy picked up some syringes cc units were the only syringes available so I got them anyway I very carefully poured the liquid into the syringe then ever so carefully injected enough liquid to refill the loop which took about fills of the syringe To make sure the loop was air tight I took a lighter and lite a flame maybe a cm from the tubing this sealed the very small whole I made Afterwards i tested the loop for leaks ran the unit for hours There you have it my new and improved unit Working well to date My motherboard cpu options are listed in my sig btw nbsp

A:Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy

Might I add, these are only what I did to my unit and the results. They are no way shape or form of any kind of directions*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/coolit-freezone-warranty-voided-but-im-happy.87492/
Relevancy 34.4%

After years of building PCs for friends and family I purchased a Dell Vostro 410 for work as it was a good deal.

Anyway as things happen, the jack pin from the speaker system broke off leaving the end in the pc.

Try as I might I could not pull it out and ended up drilling out really carefully. Unfortunately now cannot use the onboard sound and have installed a pci sound card.

From what I can see, there is no evidence of my abuse and I have paid for 4yr warranty, should I come clean and get a new mobo or just keep quiet?

Ta

A:Have I voided my dell warranty

well if u are going to try warranty, do not tell them what u did, and I may get banned for saying that. if the pci card is working just keep quiet and use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-i-voided-my-dell-warranty.114177/
Relevancy 27.52%

Anyone like to venture an opinion about what a server in a small LAN of max 6 machines should contain that a decent or hi spec workstation does not have - other than perhaps a larged hard drive?
Any opinions most welcome!

A:Server spec v. hi spec workstation

Hi

I run a domain server, there are 2 hard wired PC's, 4 wireless laptops, and 1 media box.
Its spec is a HP XE310 with 1GHZ CPU and 256 meg of memory, it has been running for over 2 years and has never crashed or failed yet.
Over the time i have added HDD's upto 300GB in size.

I run azureus over night on it and it works fine.

I had a chat with someone on here who recommended Linux or Unix as a server, myself I run Windoze server 2000 but thats a personal choice.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/server-spec-v-hi-spec-workstation.107295/
Relevancy 33.54%

Whats the difference between quot workstation quot and quot gaming quot graphics cards Even though I don t know much about coding and instructions is that the main difference Do workstation graphics cards handle programs such as maya and dsMax better because of the way they are built to process code and instructions And do gaming cards handle games like Half-Life and UT k because they are built coded in such a way to perform better for those applications Please go into depth to explain and try to give analogies if at all possible Workstation vs. Cards: Gaming Graphic I happen to be an Animation GraphicDesign student so I Graphic Cards: Workstation vs. Gaming don t wanna waste my money on a graphics card that s meant to be used for something else And even though this is the video audio thread would Graphic Cards: Workstation vs. Gaming you suggest Intel or AMD to combo with the according graphics card So far from what I ve read it seems like Intel is the way to go Thanks in advance for your input nbsp

A:Graphic Cards: Workstation vs. Gaming

so a comparison between mainstream graphic cards and workstation only cards.let see,graphic cards nowadays are focused on only being clocked higher to give higher fps scores in demanding games,they are designed ground up focusing on direct3d applications like 90% of the games.however workstation graphic cards are clocked slower for stability reason and focus heavily on opengl applications.some of them are optimized and carry special plugins for 3dsmax and maya.in the mainstream texturing or prgrammatic vertex or fragment shading would be considered high ends in workstations however AA lines and points, overlay plane support, two-sided lighting (fixed function path), logic operations, fast pixel read-back speeds, and dual 10-bit 400MHz RAMDACs and 2 dual-link DVI-I connectors supporting 3840x2400 on a single display are high end.needless to say they are for cad designing for programs like proengineer/autocad and not to mention animation programs like 3dsmax and maya.

now there have always been softmod that you could do on a mainstream graphic card that can make it a workstation one like a geforce to quadro and a radeon 9800 to a firexl through freefirexl but you wouldnt see the perfromance increase and would be bugged continously by its drivers.these workstation cards offer features like occulsion culling,lossless depth z-buffer,line anti-alaising,accelarated clip region,clip planes.two sided lighting,opengl logic and overlay planes.a quadro for example can achieve 80 million lit and textured triangles per second fillrate.they also carry third generation vertex and pixel programibility.here is a qute from the manufacturers"Alias|Wavefront, Discreet, Softimage, and more. End users can take full advantage of the programmable NVIDIA Quadro FX architecture by enabling sophisticated real-time shaders to simulate a virtually unlimited range of physica l characteristics, such as lighting effects (fresnel effects, chromatic dispersion, reflection, refraction, BRDF models*, etc.) and even physical surface properties (such as casting effects, porosity, molded surfaces, etc.).

For example, car models can be modified on-the-fly to change their clear coat and metallic reflective paint properties; the sheen of a character`s skin can be adjusted through a dynamic range from oily to dry by interactively adjusting a few sliders; or objects can be programmed to dynamically self shadow. Real-time shaders allow these effects to be combined and modified interactively-impossible with simple 2D static texture maps."
there is also the issue of subpixel precision-"Sophisticated real-time effects typically involve multiple mathematical operations that demand high precision to maintain image quality. The NVIDIA Quadro® FX features 128-bit IEEE floating-point precision, making available millions of colors in a broad dynamic range. This results in the highest level of accuracy and the ultimate in visual quality.
High subpixel precision is another major contributor to image quality, addressing visual anomalies that cause models to "sparkle" or "crack." The NVIDIA Quadro FX virtually eliminates this problem by providing 12 bits of sub-pixel precision¡Xfour times higher precision than the nearest competitive product.

Precision continues to be a critical factor when rendering high quality antialiased images-for both line and full-scene antialiasing (FSAA). The NVIDIA Quadro FX architecture accelerates antialiased points and lines in hardware, and supports up to 16X FSAA. And unlike other competitive hardware, NVIDIA Quadro FX products drive FSAA up to a phenomenal 3840x2400 resolution"
besides these feature they carry the same old 8 pixel pipe line and are'nt clocked high compared to there counterpart mainstream cards.so i guess the mainstream cards and the workstation cards would run maya and 3ds max at pretty much the same speed but if you wan to make use of the above listed features your going to... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-cards-workstation-vs-gaming.23018/
Relevancy 34.83%

I contacted Asus support for warranty claims for a friend as his motherboard was faulty and was within the warranty period. But there was no response might be the email on which I contacted was wrong in a similar case Intel had given a very prompt response can some one tell me where can I get the contact info as the email given on their website was non responsive.

A:How to claim warranty

The case I referred to was from India so some contact email where I can contact here,
I raised this thread because when I went to the shopkeeper it was very very difficult for me to make him understand the BSOD ,STOP screen error which after reading memory dump I came at a conclusion was a motherboard error and the service personal in India at Priya were not convinced even though I had changed motherboard so I wanted to know the procedure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-claim-warranty.99403/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello So i was browsing for days i m currently using my home made computer due to the problem with my Dell well at first everything Locked Dell 370 Workstation Precision BIOS Factory was working like a charm i installed the DVD-Writer and put it in Slave mode that day when i wanted to install Vista on it i tried to make the DVD-Writer as a primary drive when i entered the BIOS everything was alright but when i tried to change anything it tell me that the SETUP is locked there is no password at all its just this Factory password so i tried to remove the Battery like has been Dell Precision 370 Workstation BIOS Factory Locked suggested everywhere but unfortunately XP isn t working at all neither from the safe mode all i get is that windows cannot start probably tried to enter the BIOS the date is back to and the factory password was still on and the setup is locked now i think my problem is in the BIOS i need to put my dvd-writer as primary but i need the Master Password I tried to contact Dell but they needed some details that i don t have its just they are asking too much and i just have few info and above all i don t have a fax machine so any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Dell Precision 370 Workstation BIOS Factory Locked

What happens when you change the jumpers on the drives from cable select to jumper them as master and slaves?
These are normal settings for networked machines and servers. Who setup your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-370-workstation-bios-factory-locked.98887/
Relevancy 29.67%

Spent a good while "chatting" w/ NewEgg & Seagate - India about OEM vs "Retail" hard drives.

NewEgg clearly states on their site that many "OEM" Seagate internal drives drives have 5 yr parts & labor "Manufacturer's Warranty" (on the specific HDD specs page).

Seagate - India, tells me that drives designated as OEM will NOT have any warranty (or support) honored by Seagate to the end user.

For those w/ experience in this, what's the actual truth about OEM drives & warranties, from NewEgg or any other E-tailer?

A:Warranty difference OEM hard drive vs "Retail"

OEM you have to go by what the Manufacturer of company says as they're the one going to help you out. So OEM drives if you buy them from a vendor at a computer show they'll replacement for free. The vendor not the Manufacturer company. HDDs I just buy them wholesale and still get the protection from the manufacture. Unless NewEgg is going to protect after 5 years down the line, but you'll have to get that in writting..

Retail - Price is higher unless you get it on clearance then it would be the same price of OEM but you get protection

OEM - Price is cheaper low overhead
OEM - no hardware brackets
OEM - no retail box
OEM - no manual
OEM - no warranty (unless you a PC repair shop of PC vendor since you would buy in blunk)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/warranty-difference-oem-hard-drive-vs-retail.86123/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey gang I am trying to quot downgrade quot my video card in my Dell Precision Workstation dual ghz GB ram AGP X honkin power supply etc Video problems Workstation Up(down)grading Dell650 Right now it has a dual-DVI output AGP X NVidia QuadroFX in it blazing card However I need a single-height video card in here video performance requirements are minimal and I m trying to change it to one of my older AGP cards with either DVI VGA or just VGA I have an ASUS NVidia V Ultra AGP A Diamond Viper V U AGP and a Diamond Fire K Pro AGP The Fire K Pro does not fit since the slots of the Up(down)grading Dell650 Workstation Video problems card do not fit Up(down)grading Dell650 Workstation Video problems in the AGP X slot of the Dell The ASUS and Diamond Viper cards fit no problem but the computer will not boot with these cards in there The various system fans turn on but the drives don t spin up and there is nothing coming out of the video card Is it possible that nothing less than an ultra fancy AGP X card will work in this machine TIA nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/up-down-grading-dell650-workstation-video-problems.83891/
Relevancy 35.26%

if i remove the heat Spreader off of the ram and put a diff. one on with that mess up my Warranty.

A:Ram Warranty

sorry for posting this, i just found the info i needed, and again sorry for the post. google is my new best friend

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-warranty.82558/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a workstation that won't see the network. This problem is intermitent. sometime during the evenings this guy can login fine, but almost always during the day he can't. I've changed NIC's, Patch Cables, Reinstalled his network stuff. I've even moved the computer to ensure the switch wasn't mac filtering or anything. Anyone have any sugestions. Its Windows XP.

A:Workstation won't see the network.

give us something to work with --- how many subnets, mfg of the
routers/hubs/switches and how many users share this subnet with the effected
system?
Is it only one system with this problem?
I assume you have a Domain Controller / LDAP implementation -- what's the
network loading?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstation-wont-see-the-network.71106/
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm building out a new Hornet Pro custom graphic workstation which is a little bigger than a SFF but takes a micro u-ATX mobo. The workstation will be used primarily for Maya, After Effects, and Premier.Which of the following mobo's would you suggest?

ASUS A8N-VM CSM GeForce 6150/SATA3G/u-ATX 939

Gigabyte GA-K8N51 GMF9 NF4

EVGA 131-K8-NF44-AX NF4 W/ SLI

---or----

Should I scrap the SFF plan altogether and go with a tower w/ an
ASUS A8N 32 SLI Deluxe mobo? Oh, the decisions!

THe Workstation specs are :
400 W PS
AMD Opt 175 dual core 2.2
4GB OCZ Dual Channel Platinum (400)
Maxtor Diamond Max 10 7,200 16 MB Cache 300 GB
Quadro FX 3400 256MB

Thanks!!!

A:Building New Workstation (mobo help)

I'd go with the first Asus board, but if you're using the machine primarily for graphic rendering, buy a good workstation video card....Matrox makes some very good ones. Ati also makes some good workstation cards as well. You'll have to research which will best fit your needs. When it comes to that type of work, it's a driver issue. The cards you mentioned do not have drivers that will give you the ultimate performance for your machine. They're good for gaming, but that's it.

And Maya is a pig when it comes to pulling resources, especially when you're doing a 24hr. render. Get a card with as much video memory as you can afford.

Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-workstation-mobo-help.49535/
Relevancy 33.97%

I got Error code 1000007f on the event viewer. The workstation got blue screen and reboot by it self. Attached is the minidump please help me. Thanks!

A:Got blue screen on my workstation very often

Its probaly just faulty memory. Try putting in any spare memory you have, or if you have two take one out and see if it works better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-blue-screen-on-my-workstation-very-often.58471/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I have a P Ghz processor in my computer that I risk and warranty...should overclock? I take I this got got from futureshop with a year extended warranty plan on all hardware and labour So basically the only thing they dont cover is the software Now my question is should I take the risk of overclocking it to achieve the highest speed possible And if it gets toasted because I never overclocked before I will just take it to futureshop to have it replaced OR do you think they wont buy the trick and automatically know I overcloked and burned it ALSO Will this have ANY negative effect on my other hardwares such as ATI Redeon ram or DVD drive like burning it or anything SO If you think this is a great apportianity for a first timer to screw around and possiblt get a brand new pc replacement please refer me or tell a detailed guide on how to overclock I will surely I got warranty...should I take this risk and overclock? update the progress if it gets going Thanks P S I got warranty...should I take this risk and overclock? Is there any other way aside from overclocking and possibly burning the CPU to burn a hardware such as motherboard without a technician knowing it was completely delibrate lol nbsp

A:I got warranty...should I take this risk and overclock?

Dude, 2.5 GHz is pretty fast. Don't overclock. They may take the trick, but its against the law to do that, you could be in prison for a max of 3 yrs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-got-warranty-should-i-take-this-risk-and-overclock.55175/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey, howsit?

having some trouble with my box, it's a Pentium III 866MHz. When I 'Turn Off' the PC, it powers all the way down to a blank screen, but the box itself does not power off automatically, I have to turn off manually. Is this a BIOS thing??

like I said having some trouble.

A:Using old server as a workstation, comp does not power down automatically

Some useful information would be helpful..
What brand/make is the computer? What motherboard? What OS are you using?

Yes, it can be anything from a design flaw or buggy BIOS to a simple setting in the OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-old-server-as-a-workstation-comp-does-not-power-down-automatically.47153/
Relevancy 33.97%

Posted this at anandtech forums got no response so decided to try here First off thanks to anyone a Workstation new help/recommendations for purchasing CAD/VIZ Need that is reading has read this post and would like to help Basically I am looking to buy Need help/recommendations for purchasing a new CAD/VIZ Workstation a graphics and cad viz workstation within the next week It will only be used in a work environment with NO games being played and the only video will be from AVI s and other video files generated from software The programs most used on it will be in descending frequency AutoCad Architectural Desktop Photoshop Illustrator Indesign Viz Right now I am looking at workstations from in descending pricing order Velocity Micro Xi Polywell and Monarch The configuration will include Athlon X x GB Ram x GB Raptor in RaidO Asus A N-SLI DLX or Premium MoBo DVDRW D L Floppy Drive Win XP Pro - W Power Supply The questions that arise are these -Does the initial configuration that I am looking to put together seem to be optimal for my tasks -Does anyone have experience or particular opinions about the above manufacturers either positive or negative I have read the online magazine reviews but since they are all custom computer makers the user reviews are a little harder to find -With the software being used is it worth it to spend - X more on a professional video card ie FireGL or Quadro over the GeForce GT GTX or x -Since I will not be doing too much video viewing or gaming does the video card really need to have MB or ram or would MB be enough -And finally if I do decide to go with a MB pro card is there that much of a difference between the FireGL and the Quadro The can be anywhere from to more expensive when configuring systems Thanks in advance for all your responses and I hope that any all information can guide me in making the right decision nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-recommendations-for-purchasing-a-new-cad-viz-workstation.43333/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I have a KayakIII workstation and all it has in it is a cd rrom and floppy drive instaled I would like to know if I can put a hard drive in it and does it have to be erased or new and also will I have to change the settings such as slave, master, etc.

topkat690

A:putting hard drive in workstation

do you know your way around a motherboard
have you installed HDD's before
do you have a OS to put on hard drive

open workstation up write down the board numbers and or check with HP they still may have info on that model
sounds like a good practice pc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/putting-hard-drive-in-workstation.32299/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi all,

i was just wondering what a workstation is. i'm kind of confused over the definition. i've seen dell advertising their Precision line of workstations with all the high end stuff (intel xeon, nvidia quadro, etc.) costing $$$, while i saw an ad at one of my local whitebox stores advertising what they call a workstation which is an intel celeron based system with el-cheapo parts selling for under $400 CDN. i aslo went to a local university library a couple weeks back and the terminals where the library catalogs are put are also call "workstations".

so what is a work station? i just want to know

A:what's a workstation?

In the modern day of marketing common words are stretched to mean anything, no point in getting exited over meanings..

A workstation may mean just about any computing device sitting on your desktop.

It may also mean a powerful personal computer (not only in PC sense) used for engineering and design.

The classical and most correct (IMHO) definition is a non-PC desktop machine, usually running UNIX. Workstations are made by Sun and SGI for example.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-workstation.6010/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,

I have Symantec Ghost version 7.5 and am able to ghost Dell Workstations GX-50 and GX-60 model. We have a new shipment of Optiplex SX280 and can not ghost an image of it. We built one workstation and would like to image other workstations from it. The 3.5 diskette ghost disk I made loads the NIC driver, it binds, but then it hangs every single time on the loading. I used the same diskette on the GX-50 or GX-60 model and it works fine. Can anyone tell me why the loading is hanging? Is it because the SX280 is using the ATA instead of the IDE port for the hard drive?

Thanks for any insight.

A:Ghosting a Workstation using TCP/IP

SATA you mean.. It could be.

As an alternative to Ghost you may want to try a program called UDPCast. No messing around with network drivers, great performance, you can clone to multiple hosts simultaneously and it's free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ghosting-a-workstation-using-tcp-ip.23385/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have Vista Ultimate (IIS Enabled), SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
(downloaded and ran the SP2 Update), Visual Studio 2008. VS2008
installs no problem. When I install SQL Server 2005, I get an error
when it trys to install the last part( Workstation Components,
Management Studio, etc).
I have tried FULLY, MANUALLY removing all SQL products and registry
entries. I have used Windows Installer Cleanup Utility. I have tried
Microsoft's recommended way of manually removing SQL Server 2005.
If I manually run SqlRun_Tools.msi the error comes up right away.

The error is:
"A component that you have specified in the ADD_LOCAL property is
already
installed. To upgrade the existing component, refer to the
template.ini and
set the UPGRADE property to the name of the component."

Here's the Setup Error log: http://toby.pastebin.com/f63405e24

Any help?! Thanks!
-Toby

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-install-workstation-components-management-studio-etc-add_local-error-mssql.99998/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have this computer that just BSOD d any input on on a BSOD workstation XP it would be appreciated Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list BSOD on a XP workstation ERROR FindPlugIns b Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg c memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not BSOD on a XP workstation an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg dc f address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS c CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP nt KiSwapThread dc f a f mov cl byte ptr edi h CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID INTEL CPU MICROCODE ZERO BUGCHECK STR xA PROCESS NAME svchost exe LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from e b d to dc f STACK TEXT b e e b d c a nt KiSwapThread x b e b c b ebec nt KeWaitForMultipleObjects x b ed de ec fe nt NtWaitForMultipleObjects x a b ed c eb fe nt KiFastCallEntry xf WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong fe c x c eb STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KiSwapThread dc f a f mov cl byte ptr edi h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KiSwapThread FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntoskrnl exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e FAILURE BUCKET ID xA nt KiSwapThread BUCKET ID xA nt KiSwapThread Followup MachineOwner --------- nbsp

A:BSOD on a XP workstation

My first, best suggestion is run Memtest on your RAM. www.memtest.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-a-xp-workstation.104855/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a W2k Advanced server that was hacked. I have cleaned up all the trojans and updated all the patches. While I am sure I have missed some malware, my current difficulty is that the workstation service will not start. When attempting to start it, I get an error 5 access denined. It is set up to start as a system account. Any ideas on what to regedit or app to run to correct my problem? I am about to the point of low level format, but reloading everything will take days.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-2k-advance-serve-workstation-service-fails-to-start.17983/
Relevancy 32.68%

To synchronize the contacts and messages with my Exchange Server, Windows 10 requires an increase of the work stations security, forcing a new Windows login
after a specified inactivity period.
Once the increased security is implemented users can only play with an inactivity period range of 1 to 5 minutes.

In my capacity of Administrator of the network, I would like to be able to increase the value of the inactivity value beyond 5 minutes for those stations that
are not exposed to public access, which requires that Microsoft communicate to me the name and address of the Register key which controls the inactivity period after which a new login is required.

I really need that Register key to resolve my problem!

Luc Béliard

Luc Béliard

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/91763ae0-6b37-431d-991e-d1fe1b37ada1/new-windows-login-required-after-a-workstation-inactivity-period?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 32.68%

hello everyone in my organization we dont have domain we have workgoup and its on windows 7
they have asked me to restrict users to open certain application and disable USB and cd rom
i tried to do it with gpedit.msc by following these steps

gpedit.msc >computer configuration >security setings >application control >applock under app lock
clicked on executable rule then right click and select new rule > permission deny > file hash > and the selected notepad.exe

one more things i choosed the user name i created and applied on it.

but the notepad gets denied on every user i have even administrator.
same thing happens when i disable USB and cd rom.

is there any way to deny access of the application on a user level and the application or USB/CDROM prompt for the administrator password to use that application or USB/CDROM
please HELP its very urgent.

A:restrict user to use Application,USB,CDROM on standalone workstation

Try Group Policy approach as described in Local Group Policies - Apply to All Users Except Administrators

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/379253-restrict-user-use-application-usb-cdrom-standalone-workstation.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi everybody. I have Small Business network with one file server and 25 workstations in workgroup. Lately I've been experiencing some difficulties. Latest: one of the user cannot sign in into network share on the file server from one computer but can do it from another. I setup same profile with credentials and one is Ok but not another. All workstations have Windows 7 64 bit and our file server is Windows Server 2008 R2. I tried few things suggested on this site but it didn't work.
Thank you

A:Cannot access File Server from one workstation but can from another wi

All I can think of is licensing, upon a search I came across this:
operating systems - File sharing user limits - Super User

See if it is your case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379699-cannot-access-file-server-one-workstation-but-can-another-wi.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi everybody. I have Small Business  network with one file server and 25 workstations in workgroup. Lately I've been experiencing some difficulties. Latest: one of the user cannot sign in into network share on the file server from one computer but can
do it from another. I setup same profile with credentials and one is Ok but not another. All workstations have Windows 7 64 bit and our file server is Windows Server 2008 R2. I tried few things suggested on this site but it didn't work.
Thank you

Sam Goykhman

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/36201af8-5283-45a4-9c43-8290d04b8eb1/cannot-access-file-server-from-one-workstation-but-can-from-another-with-same-credential?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I just joined this Forum and hope to be able to resolve this problem Please read the memory dump I have posted Again thank you Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users bsinclair TUCSON Downloads MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space on Pro BSOD Workstation Win a 7 is available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff c a PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e d Debug session time Wed Jan BSOD on a Win 7 Pro Workstation UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr efdf Type hh dbgerr for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v BSOD on a Win 7 Pro Workstation to get detailed debugging information BugCheck B c fffff c e fffff ee ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PxHlpa sys Probably caused by PxHlpa sys PxHlpa Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheck Arg fffff c e Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck Arg fffff ee Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck Arg zero Debugging Details ------------------ OVERLAPPED MODULE Address regions for 'WUDFRd' and 'cdrom sys' overlap EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP nt IofCallDriver fffff c e c b mov r qword ptr rcx CONTEXT fffff ee -- cxr xfffff ee r rax fffffa e rbx fffffa c bf rcx rdx fffffa rsi fffffa c bf rdi fffffa rip fffff c e rsp fffff f rbp fffff fb r r e r r r r r r fffffa d iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl nt IofCallDriver x fffff c e c b mov r qword ptr rcx ds b Last set context rax fffffa e rbx fffffa c bf rcx rdx fffffa rsi fffffa c bf rdi fffffa rip fffff c e rsp fffff f rbp fffff fb r r e r r r r r r fffffa d iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe cy cs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl nt IofCallDriver x fffff c e c b mov r qword ptr rcx ds b Resetting default scope DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x B PROCESS NAME RoxioBurnLaunc CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff e to fffff c e STACK TEXT fffff f fffff e fffffa d nt IofCallDriver x fffff f a fffff fad f fffffa c bf fffff fb fffffa fffffa PxHlpa x fffff f d fffff fad fffff e e efc nt IopXxxControlFile x fffff fa fffff c fffff fb fffff f a nt NtDeviceIoControlFile x fffff fa af e nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x f f x af e FOLLOWUP IP PxHlpa fffff e eb jmp PxHlpa x fffff e SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME PxHlpa FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME PxHlpa IMAGE NAME PxHlpa sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP addfcaa STACK COMMAND cxr xfffff ee kb FAILURE BUCKET ID X x B PxHlpa BUCKET ID X x B PxHlpa ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x b pxhlpa FAILURE ID HASH e - - e e- ae- b c af Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:BSOD on a Win 7 Pro Workstation

I'd uninstall the Roxio software...run the chkdsk /r command...see if it's better.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563432/bsod-on-a-win-7-pro-workstation/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi Tech,

After upgrading from windows 8 pro to Windows 10 using media creation tool workstation service is not running.Can you help me to resolve this.I am not sure its because after upgrading.

Workstation service is not stating.I am getting an error 1079.Please help to resolve this issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/workstation-service-not-starting-1039673.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello I adapted - HP 32GB Upgrade 4GB Memory to Workstation to GB long ago however with Adobe applications bridge photoshop loading slowing and so forth I elected to increase the memory to GB DDR - or DDR - Fully Buffered First in Cmos - the memory was recognized then in windows bit the memory was recognized And the difference Memory Upgrade HP Workstation 4GB to 32GB - upon booting and logging in was remarkable - until I began to open application For example - all Adobe applications lauch - and then hang - with 'not responding' In short after upgrading I am unable to work because of hangs not responding conditions To work I may have to remove all but one memory leaving GB At least I could work - in very slow processes - which is better than no working with GB Is there a fix that will allow correction so that I can use GB memory without encountering multiple not responding conditions Office works fine - very quick Let me know how to fix a harmless memory upgrade - following all conditions expected of HP upgrade methods If this needs to be inserted the graphic card is FX recommeded by HP for this pc Thanks

A:Memory Upgrade HP Workstation 4GB to 32GB -

Did you use old and new mems together? If so are they the same spec?

Please take a screenshot of Memory tab of Resource Monitor to post here.
Try loading defaults in BIOS (clear CMOS).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380539-memory-upgrade-hp-workstation-4gb-32gb.html
Relevancy 33.11%

good day to everyone
I have a Dell Precision Workstation M6800 , brand new that I run using Docking station , I've noticed that the temperature gets between 70- 80 C with little tasks being done ,
could it be dock station cause the laptop overheat.
this morning i just turned on the pc and noticed that the temperature got to 70c in few seconds
i am just wondering what it could be happening with brand new laptop
I use two software to monitor the pc temperature AID64 Extreme and Spccy Professional edition , both of them nearly give the same result
is that temperature normal
any help, much appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/380596-dell-precision-workstation-m6800-over-heating.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello, I try to find info about this problem, but all the Threads are very dated.

A lot of services don't function on my laptop and I get a message " This computer is not running genuine Windows ". I bought it with Windows 7 service pack 1 , 64 bit .

I can go online, send and recieve E-mails, that's about it.

Any help much appreciated,

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380936-computer-has-lanman-workstation.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I have just purchased a HP Workstation Z with Windows with on 8.1 Problems Workstation reinstallation HP Windows installed and I started installing other programs onto it I think it is when I installed Microsoft Office I already installed Microsoft Office once on my laptop the desktop background suddenly changed to the one I used in my laptop Afterwards when I restarted my desktop it kept saying that my Windows is already activated somewhere else So being frustrated I decided to reinstall my desktop by clicking the reinstallation button in the Setting Menu I think I ve messed everything up after that because when it restarted it couldn t perform the reinstallation It kept saying Attempting to recover and Problems with Windows 8.1 reinstallation on HP Workstation Diagnosing your computer I rang up HP support for help and they instructed me to perform the reinstallation by using the disc They told me put in the disc restart the desktop and press F F as the computer restarts to go to the command menu I tried both F F but it didn t take me to any menus but kept saying it is attempting to recover etc I m not very good at computer and the HP support doesn t seem to give me much help What can I do now to have my Windows reinstalled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-windows-8-1-reinstallation-on-hp-workstation.1156654/
Relevancy 34.4%

Noticed that a couple of the online shopping networks are giving quot Lifetime Support quot on many of the computers they are selling They never talk about the quot Warranty Period quot not even once during the hours long show I can believe that with quot Lifetime Support quot that years from now I could call one of the major computer support numbers and they would answer some questions support vs Warranty Lifetime but are they trying to deceive us in a way so that we as customers could call in in years and complain of the computer not booting up and they would diagnose it and say the hard drive is bad and they send out a new one FREE Come on - most of us that have bought computers in the past know better but there are new first time customers and older folks that aren t that familiar with using Lifetime support vs Warranty or purchasing a computer that certainly can misunderstand that there is a BIG difference Lifetime Support is NOT Lifetime Warranty I think this kind of sales bull needs to stop - their lying by omission Just makes Lifetime support vs Warranty me furious when I watch them Your thoughts please nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lifetime-support-vs-warranty.1157153/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello all. I am setting up a laptop for a new user on our server, and while trying to add the user account locally to the laptop from my server administrator account, I'm receiving a message that "The user could not be added because the following error has occurred: The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed."

Thank you in advance for any help. I'd be glad to provide any other information that may be helpful in solving this. I have searched some, but have discovered that most help I've found is too jargoned for me to truly understand. I can handle most basic things, which is why our company (that doesn't have a formal IT person) has me handling most IT issues.

A:Trust relationship between workstation & primary domain

if the laptop is on the domain, dump it in workgroup and then re-add it to the domain, then add the user.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trust-relationship-between-workstation-primary-domain.1158480/
Relevancy 29.24%

We have been getting sporadic reports from our users of the error quot The trust the Error - failed 7 between 5722. Domain, Windows 2008 this domain joining primary The relationship and Enterprise workstation trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed quot nbsp The workaround The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed - Windows 7 Enterprise joining 2008 Domain, Error 5722. has been to dejoin and rejoin The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed - Windows 7 Enterprise joining 2008 Domain, Error 5722. the domain but it keeps happening and we need a permanent fix nbsp We are primarily a laptop shop It has been suggested we disable the automatic machine accouint password change on our nbsp domain members nbsp in GPO nbsp While this may be a viable option with relatively low security risks I'd really like to figure out why it's happening and try to fix it nbsp The machines can lose the trust relationship at random nbsp It can happen overnight or after going into hibernation nbsp I've had it happen to me a few times nbsp The DCs we have both show error but one is spitting out a specific Kerberos error that the other one is not While processing an AS request for target service krbtgt the account kriegesh did not have a suitable key for generating a Kerberos ticket the missing key has an ID of The requested etypes The accounts available etypes nbsp - nbsp - nbsp nbsp Changing or resetting the password of kriegesh will generate a proper key My main issue is trying to determine why this continues happening and if we can resolve it without disabling the account password nbsp If that IS our best option then so be it nbsp Any thoughts are welcome Thank you very much in advance nbsp Sarah

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8155d5ea-a5c2-4306-8d2b-be3464234460/the-trust-relationship-between-this-workstation-and-the-primary-domain-failed-windows-7-enterprise?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm on a Windows Pro box and it has been linked to the Domain I am logged in as Local Administrator account and when I type the domain name into Windows Explorer Servername it only Can't from access network one domain workstation comes back quot Windows cannot find Servername check the spelling and try again quot I can Remote Desktop Connection into the server but when I type quot net use Y Servername quot or quot net use Servername quot nbsp it only returns quot System error Path not found quot When I type quot net use Servername quot however it connects and subsequently typing Can't access domain network from one workstation quot net view Servername quot results in a list Can't access domain network from one workstation of shares But I still cannot get it to work in Explorer To add to that somehow the Network icon in Explorer and the Start Menu is missing I've checked the registry entries HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID F C A D-BE - - B - FC EF C ShellFolder HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Wow Node Classes CLSID F C A D-BE - - B - FC EF C ShellFolder and nbsp they are both set to nbsp b tried running quot sfc scannow quot and it comes back clean Restarted twice with no luck Anything I missed It works fine on every other PC here about so it must be something specific to the computer that I'm missing

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ae50fb97-c30f-4996-a947-ba69fff36013/cant-access-domain-network-from-one-workstation?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello The environment is as follows Windows Pro with certain security updates installed causes an issue for Standard users using VMWare Workstation where the mouse clicks that are meant for a VM are not registered by the VM every time sometimes it takes to 8, updates, click mouse 8.1 Pro Workstation User, issue security Standard with VMWare Windows Windows clicks to register in the VM and then other times you have to move the mouse outside the VM window and bring it back in for the mouse clicks to register This Windows 8.1 Pro with VMWare Workstation 8, Windows security updates, Standard User, mouse click issue issue is not present for Administrator users I have already narrowed down one update specifically that causes this issue by uninstalling Windows 8.1 Pro with VMWare Workstation 8, Windows security updates, Standard User, mouse click issue all security updates the problem went away as I installed one update at a time back on to the system update nbsp KB triggered the issue Windows 8.1 Pro with VMWare Workstation 8, Windows security updates, Standard User, mouse click issue I thought this was a resolution to just keep that update off my end users machines but when I installed the rest of the security updates excluding that update the issue returned I could uninstall and reinstall and narrow this down further but my main concern is that one this may create security issues that these updates are intended to fix and two that would create a lot of administrative overhead especially if more security updates in the future will cause the issue to return I would like for Microsoft to investigate this issue and either fix the problem with these updates or come up with a new update I can deploy that fixes this problem if such an update already exists I would greatly appreciate to be pointed in its direction either by KB number or download link so I can deploy it to fix this issue Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/59526f6a-8f89-4c49-a208-221922176c3b/windows-81-pro-with-vmware-workstation-8-windows-security-updates-standard-user-mouse-click?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,
I am in the process to deploy EMET in my organization. My goal is to set all the settings using GPO.
As it is indicated in the User Guide 5.2, I already copied the EMET.admx and EMET.adml in the domain server and I managed to set the settings. I run gpupdate /force in the client and it works flawless.
But now, I wanted to configure the Certification Trust as well using the CertTrust.xml included in the EMET package.
how could I manage this globally in the domain?  I dont see any option in the GPO... and unfortunately, we dont use SCCM.
Many thanks in advance.
Jose

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/623bb0b7-abf6-4190-976c-e0a97dc6b028/how-to-deploy-emet-certificate-trust-among-workstation-in-a-domain?forum=emet
Relevancy 33.97%

Does anyone here have experience with VMWare workstation's 'management server'?
I run offline virtual machines but they require BOTH encryption and management, because of this I have consistently been having issues with this management server, the error is 'could not open virtual machine [path], failed to contact the restrictions management server. Check the address of the server', which is not surprising that it can't connect to the server; the host is offline. What does surprise me is that I've maxed out all the settings with regards to this management server (maximum 999 days without contact), but the error is STILL shown, really, 999 days have not passed since I created this virtual machine so why is the error being shown?
Does anyone have any solutions to this problem that should never have arisen?
Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/virtualization/386094-vmware-workstation-12-management.html
Relevancy 29.24%

After changing password users receiving "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship" but are still able to log in after hitting okay and using their new password they just created.
Wondering what has caused this since we have not made any changes to our AD in quite a while. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f1a957c6-6b44-4d1b-9fcc-42a3a485ab0a/after-changing-password-users-receiving-ampquotthe-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have?forum=w8itprosecurity
Relevancy 32.25%

Good Morning.
I`ve joined a computer to a domain and when I try loggin on it gives me the message: "The security database on the server does not have a computer account for this workstation trust relationship".
I've tried making the following:
- Deleting the computer from my domain, deleting the object from AD and joining it again.
- Steps explained in these links:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee849847(v=ws.10).aspx
http://virtualcurtis.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/fix-the-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have-a-computer-account-for-this-workstation-trust-relationship/
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/8e99c313-92c4-40db-a27f-3b6f94fbf7d0/the-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have-a-computer-account-for-this-workstation-trust?forum=winserverDS
http://clintboessen.blogspot.in/2011/06/security-database-on-server-does-not.html
And also used netdom and nltest to reset the trust relationship but nothing seemed to work.
Does anybody have any clue?

Raphael Santos | MCP 70-410
Email: [email protected]
Linkedin: http://br.linkedin.com/pub/raphael-santos/39/87b/958/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/392971b1-9d62-4755-b648-90bc02eb17c7/the-security-database-on-the-server-does-not-have-a-computer-account-for-this-workstation-trust?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 31.39%

Joining a workgroup nbsp and rejoining the domain fixes it but this has been going on too long and am tired of that temporary solution Any ideas on what is happening on the domain controller or pc that is causing this It happens Broken recurring and Windows on domain) 7 PCs Channel failure workstation Secure relationship issue between (trust randomly on all my images all hardware models of pcs and bit Running Powershell command 'Test-ComputerSecureChannel on working machines returns 'True ' Running the command on pcs with the 'trust relationship' error returns 'Logon failure unknown user name or password ' The pcs actually still show 'ourdomain net' in system properties So Secure Channel Broken (trust relationship failure between workstation and domain) on Windows 7 PCs recurring issue basically they appear Secure Channel Broken (trust relationship failure between workstation and domain) on Windows 7 PCs recurring issue to still be nbsp 'joined' but the secure Secure Channel Broken (trust relationship failure between workstation and domain) on Windows 7 PCs recurring issue channel returns broken Again I know joining to a workgroup and back to the domain fixes it but temporarily the issue can recur on the same machine I'd like to hear info about a lasting actual solution and the reason this happens if anyone can help Anything to look for on the domain controller on the pcs I'd like an actual solution to this issue Thanks in advance

A:Secure Channel Broken (trust relationship failure between workstation and domain) on Windows 7 PCs recurring issue

Hi,
I would suggest you refer to the troubleshooting instruction in the following link:
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/9157.troubleshooting-ad-trust-relationship-between-workstation-and-primary-domain-failed.aspx
See this part (If
the Secure Channel is Broken between Domain controller and workstations)
And this KB could also be helpful
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976494
For better forum to discuss this issue, please post in
Windows Server--Directory Services Forum
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverDSYolanda Zhu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/19dee949-bf82-4254-bba2-ab39076b6fde/secure-channel-broken-trust-relationship-failure-between-workstation-and-domain-on-windows-7-pcs?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 34.83%

Has anyone carefully reviewed Comodo's hardware warranty? It will pay the user $500 malware permanently damages the system - beyond any repair - with CIS installed. In 99.99999% of cases a clean install of the OS fixes everything. And how are you going to prove that malware permanently broke your HDD, your screen, or any other hardware?

Comodo's Warranty is phrased and termed in a manner that makes it a virtual impossibility that Comodo will ever have to make a pay out.

It's all fine and good that Melih stands behind his products - but the warranty is absurd.

This illustrates the ridiculousness of it all...

I, HJLBX, will personally insure anyone - absolutely free of any cost - against "The Sky Falling," and will pay anyone who presents a valid claim - $1,000,000,000.

Such insurance is worthless.

Just sayin...

If anyone wants that Falling Sky insurance, then send me a PM.

A:Comodo Warranty

August 12th:
http://stardate.org/nightsky/meteors

https://malwaretips.com/threads/comodo-warranty.47981/
Relevancy 32.68%

Windows Secure Workstation is a rogue security software which will report that malware has been Secure Windows Virus Guide - Removal Workstation detected on your computer in an attempt to scare you into buying this malicious software In reality none of the reported issues are real and are only used to scare you into buying Windows Secure Windows Secure Workstation - Virus Removal Guide Workstation and stealing your personal financial information As part of its self-defense mechanism Windows Secure Workstation has installed a rootkit on your computer which will disable the Windows Task Manager and will block you from running any program that could lead to its removal Windows Secure Workstation is a scam and you should ignore any Windows Secure Workstation - Virus Removal Guide alerts that this malicious software might generate Under no circumstance should you buy this rogue security software as this could lead to identity theft and if you have you should contact your credit card company and dispute the charge stating that the program is a scam and a computer virus Removal instructions for Windows Secure Workstation virus This is a self-help guide use at your own risk If you experience problems completing this guide or the problem persists after following the instructions below or would like to have one of our staff members guide you through the process please start a new thread in our Malware Removal Assistance forum STEP Start your computer in Safe Mode with Networking Remove all floppy disks CDs and DVDs from your computer and then restart your computer Press and hold the F key as your computer restarts Please keep in mind that you need to press the F key before the Windows start-up logo appears Note With some computers if you press and hold a key as the computer is booting you will get a stuck key message If this occurs instead of pressing and holding the quot F key quot tap the quot F key quot continuously until you get the Advanced Boot Options screen On the Advanced Boot Options screen use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking and then press ENTER STEP Run RKill to terminate known malware processes associated with Windows Secure Workstation RKill is a program that will attempt to terminate all malicious processes associated with Windows Secure Workstation so that we will be able to perform the next step without being interrupted by this malicious software Because this utility will only stop Windows Secure Workstation running process and does not delete any files after running it you should not reboot your computer as any malware processes that are configured to start automatically will just be started again While your computer is in lt em gt Safe Mode with Networking lt em gt please download the latest official version of RKill Please note that we will use a renamed version of RKILL so that Windows Secure Workstation won t block this utility from running RKILL DOWNLOAD LINK This link will automatically download RKILL renamed as iExplore exe Double-click on the iExplore exe icon in order to automatically attempt to stop any processes associated with Windows Secure Workstation RKill will now start working in the background please be patient while the program looks for various malware programs and tries to terminate them When Rkill has completed its task it will generate a log You can then proceed with the rest of the guide WARNING Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware process will start again preventing you from properly performing the next step STEP Remove Windows Secure Workstation malicious files with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE Download the latest official version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware FREE MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE DOWNLOAD LINK This link will open a download page in a new window from where you can download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free Start the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware installation process by double clicking on mbam-setup file When the installation begins keep foll... Read more

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-secure-workstation-virus-removal-guide.9504/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a -monitor desktop setup running Windows as a host OS I use one monitor VMWare mode up hangs screen full in VMs guest Workstation exclusively to run VMWare Workstation When VMWare first loads up at host PC boot I click quot Enter full screen mode quot button which expands it to the VMWare Workstation hangs up guest VMs in full screen mode size of that monitor I then usually load several guest OS's into it My host OS is set up to VMWare Workstation hangs up guest VMs in full screen mode show a password protected screensaver after minutes and then turn off the screen after minutes of inactivity So what I've been noticing and yes this is repeatable is that sometimes when I wake the screen amp log in to my host computer in the morning most of the guest VMs don't seem to respond and show just a back screen Note that it doesn't happen all the time and is somewhat sporadic Here's a quick animated GIF screengrab to show what happens afterwards As you can see only the first VM seems to respond to clicks the rest appear dead Note that if I try to send Ctrl Alt Del keyboard sequence to any of those quot hung up quot guest VMs nothing happens The only way to recover from this bug is to force-quit the VMWare Workstation itself or reboot the host PC which are both analogous to me flipping the power switch on all guest VMs with data being lost in them which is very annoying So I'm curious if anyone knows a way to recover from this bug w o force-quitting the VMs PS I obviously posted this question on VMWare forums but to be honest I don't have much faith in them I tried it before and I never get responses from them From my experience VMWare has a very bad customer support Or I should say they're quot too big quot for a single user like me PS I also checked online and there was an update v build- to VMWare that I installed which unfortunately didn't fix anything

A:VMWare Workstation hangs up guest VMs in full screen mode

I have noticed this behaviour in VMware 12 after creating a new Windows 7 VM and a Vista VM I put it into high performance mode disabled Hibernation, Sleep, Screensaver, Hard drive . I think all I really had to do was disable hibernation.

Not sure what OS you are running as a guest VM but here is the way to disable it in Windows 10
Hibernate - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Here is how to do it in Windows 8
Power Options Menu - Add or Remove Sleep or Hibernate in Windows 8

Here is how to do it in Windows 7
Hibernate - Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/71302-vmware-workstation-hangs-up-guest-vms-full-screen-mode.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm using VMWare Workstation 11, which is installed on Win 8.1. I have no issues with USB 2.0 drives in the guest operating systems, but for some reason, can't get 3.0 drives to work. I've tested this using Win 7 and Win 8.1 as guest operating systems.

I've done a bit of searching, but can't seem to find any reports of my exact issue. The only documentation I could find is for version 9, because it wasn't supported in that version. Looks like version 10 and beyond it should not be an issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/68719-vmware-workstation-11-isnt-seeing-usb-3-0-drive.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I created some virtual machines with VMWare Workstation 11
but they play only on a host with Workstation installed, i.e., they won't play if only the free Player is installed on host. Even though it is a current version of Player.
Can I convert these machines so they will play on a host that has just Player?
what about VHD format? If I convert to VHD, will it work in Player?
If so, maybe someone knows a good converter. mine won't open the newer VMDK format.

A:vm plays only if full workstation installed on host

They use different formats as you have found. Can try some of the converters out there. Here is one: Vmdk2Vhd Download - Softpedia

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/64887-vm-plays-only-if-full-workstation-installed-host.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have Windows 8.1 installed on an external hard drive. actually installed...like you would on an internal drive (WinToUSB - Install and Run Windows on a USB Drive)
and I want to use it with my main PC without booting entirely from it... which is where VMWare comes into play.
So, want to boot from external drive containing Windows 8.1 using VMWare
Anyone know how?

A:Booting from external hard drive in VMWare Workstation?

Hi there
AFAIK the only way to boot Windows from an external HDD is to either use a Windows to Go system (Enterprise) or create a bootable Linux system (these boot from external devices) and run a VM from the Linux.

I've done this many times on an external USB connected via a SATA==>USB connector on a laptop. I use an old Laptop HDD -- works fine. If you have a SATA==>USB3 connector even better or an external USB even better.

Here's a link about this I made a while ago.

How to make Portable Windows system (any version)

This system will run TOTALLY from am external HDD even if there's NO internal HDD in the HOST computer. Other solutions like attaching Virtual HDD's are OK but this then NEEDS the initial boot from an internal HDD to mount the VHD. My method runs 100% from the external HDD.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/59078-booting-external-hard-drive-vmware-workstation.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi there

VMWARE users - Workstation release 12 is now available - specially built for W10

VMware Workstation: Multiple Operating Systems Linux, Windows 8 More | United States

Cheers
jimbo

A:vmware workstation 12 out now - built for W10

Seems they are re-branded.. Workstation --> Workstation Pro and Player --> Workstation Player

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/19848-vmware-workstation-12-out-now-built-w10.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Clean install of vmware workstation v12.01 (x64)

Immediately after installation I lost network connection.
Network connection did not return.
Tried to reboot my PC as often such issues are 'solved' after a reboot.
Could not close my pc and had to shut it down the 'hard way' (powerbutton)

Restored the Windows image that I created just before installing Workstation.

Windows 10 x64 (retail version)

Any suggestions?

(vmware offers 30 days support only)
thanks
=

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/28725-workstation-v12-01-no-network-after-installation.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello Every one, well I Lost NAT connection to my VMware Workstation, After i did the upgrade to Win 10 From Win 7, everything was working Prior to the Upgrade ,so i am unable to do any Update to any of my OS on the VM, i have tried all the options to connet to the HOST IP, and none of them, Any Idea's

Thanks in advance.

A:Lost NAT connection to my VMware Workstation

Every time a new build comes out I have to do this, and I think you need may need to do it:

Do menu option edit / virtual network editor -- choose the option to restore defaults.

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/25734-lost-nat-connection-my-vmware-workstation.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have used Hyper V mainly, but have given the latest VMware a go. So far I'm liking it. Something it does that Hyper V didn't is allow me to connect USB device. I have not figured out the setting so I can see my host drives though. How do I enable that?

A:VMware workstation 12 player

I figured it out. Had to share the host HD, then map it.

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/23361-vmware-workstation-12-player.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

I've done a clean install of windows 10 Pro but am now unable to get internet on a guest VM on Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 . I just get a yellow ? Ethernet controller in device manager.
I tried my legal copies of Windows Me and Windows 3.11 and can get internet on them fine.

Everything was working fine when I had Windows 8.1 as a host.

Thanks
Kamal

A:VMWare workstation 11 no internet.

Try re-installing VMware. If that doesn't work, make sure that the firewall on host computer isn't blocking VMware, then update or install VMware Tools in the VMs. (I could give you step-by-step instructions but I'm sure you won't need them)

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/18898-vmware-workstation-11-no-internet.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have been using VMware Workstation with various OS's for a while and think it's great. However with my Windows 10 x64 TP guest, even though I installed VM tools - it's almost like VM tools isn't running. I can't drag and drop files from host to VM desktop, and although USB flash drives say connected, they don't appear in file explorer.

I installed 10 as an 8 VM, if you get my drift, so it's either me doing something stupid or 10 being a bit too new for full Workstation 10 functionality. Have uninstalled/reinstalled VM tools. Any suggestions welcome.

A:Can't drag and drop to Windows 10 guest on VM Workstation

I'm not sure what to suggest, but I have it installed in VMware and the tools work fine for me. I haven't tried to drag and drop, but I can copy/paste between the 2.

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/2526-cant-drag-drop-windows-10-guest-vm-workstation.html
Relevancy 33.11%

I have been using VMware which I am new too And also playing with a new windows install I have installed a genuine win copy which was activated and then installed win from inside win and this also activated without problem So left with a working activated copy of windows After a few days I thought I would do a fresh install from a ISO and wipe the disk This worked fine as expected VMWare activated now working not win & Cloned 10 Workstation 11 and is still activated and running fine I then thought with all my playing with the disk I would do a FULL clone of this clean install so it would be a good starting point and a backup just in case something happened to the other VM and snapshots I then tried VMWare Workstation 11 & working Cloned win 10 now not activated to run this clone but now windows stays this clone is not activated No matter what I do I then went back to the original VM and this still is activated fine I thought a cloned VM computer would not trigger the activation process if it was used on the same Host pc with the same settings Anyone have any ideas SOLVED SEE LAST POST

A:VMWare Workstation 11 & working Cloned win 10 now not activated

Hi
I'm unable to help but will be watching the thread and investigating. I have a 8.1 VM in Workstation 11 that I run on my MacBook and was wondering about it's upgrade...

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/16206-vmware-workstation-11-working-cloned-win-10-now-not-activated.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I would like to use my 500 GB HDD to use to allocate virtual storage for my virtual machines rather than my much more limited SSD storage. This possible?

A:Stop VMWare Workstation From Using SSD?

Of course. When creating the Virtual HDD save it to the location you want. In fact setup VMware's default location for Virtual Machines where you want. Its in the options.

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/11242-stop-vmware-workstation-using-ssd.html
Relevancy 33.97%

So Problems... Workstation 4790k the editing rig at the media studio where I work is having some problems keeping up with the loads we're throwing at it Basically when trying to run color-graded k footage at even half resolution in Premiere it lags and the CPU temps spike to the low s I tuned the CPU in AI Suite to not go higher than C Playing back a multi-cam sequence at even res is out of 4790k Workstation Problems... the question right now Without upgrading the motherboard and CPU to something like an X -Deluxe and a x which we just don't have money for right now I'm trying to find ways to squeeze as much performance out of his current system as possible so that it can handle these loads I can't see any reason why his current setup with a little extra cooling and tuning shouldn't be able to handle what he's doing With that in mind CURRENT HARDWARE CONFIG CPU Intel Core i - K CPU Cooler Stock Motherboard Asus z -PRO RAM GB DDR Graphics cards EVGA GeForce GTX amp PNY NVidia Quadro K Drives TB RPM TB RPM GB RPM Crucial GB SSD Case Fractal Design Define R Fan layout x mm front intake x mm rear exhaust PSU Corsair HX I've convinced my boss to order a Noctua NH-D CPU cooler Arctic MX- thermal paste and another mm fan to use as intake from the bottom of the case The motherboard only has CPU fan headers and chassis fan headers I'm not sure if we should also look at top exhaust fans supports up to mm top fans Here are my questions Should I get a CPU fan splitter and add a third NF-A fan to the new heatsink so I can really up the clock speeds Should I add top exhaust fans to the case Basically based on this picture aside from what I've mentioned is there anything obvious that it seems I should be doing Aside from putting the side panel back on har har The CPU maxes to GHz and load when playing back the color-graded K footage in Premiere even at resolution Do we just need to look at saving for a CPU Mobo upgrade PS I tried to correct the picture to bring out more detail Forgive my horrendous lack of Photoshop skills I'm the IT guy not the creative guy

A:4790k Workstation Problems...

I'm confused... So is this editing rig running Win 7 or Win 10? If it's running Win 10, you might try going back to older Win 8.1 graphic driver. I'd suggest uninstalling your current driver with DDU and reinstalling Win 8.1 driver 344.75 or 347.88. Also make sure your chipset driver is up to date and any other drivers that might have been updated for Win 10 from your motherboard manufacturer.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/15109-4790k-workstation-problems.html
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello!
My name is Peter, and I'm IT Administrator at Junior High School. One month ago I installed Windows 10 Education on all computers. Everything was fine until today. Today users changed his passwords. Now, when user try to login to the PC, system hangs at "Applying User Settings". The only solution (not the best) is to remove user profile from workstation, but after next password change, problem returns. Active Directory looks fine, Previously installed Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 has worked without this issue. Maybe some one knows the solution or perhaps steps to diagnose it.

Thanks for help

Best Regards,
Peter

P.S. Windows version is 10586.29, Active Directory is based on Windows Server 2012.

A:Workstation hangs at "Applying User Settings"

please see this

https://community.spiceworks.com/top...10-logon-hangs

I have documented some workarounds but this is still an ongoing issue. Have you made any progress?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34283-workstation-hangs-applying-user-settings.html
Relevancy 33.11%

can i install any version ?
can i install linux or windows 7 using vmware on windows 10 ?

Thank you in advance

A:Which VMware workstation player to install on windows 10

VMware workstation is at version 12.1 and can be installed Windows 10,8,or 7 64 bit only, They stopped making 32 bit versions of VMware Workstation at 10.1 and that can be installed on Windows 10,8,or 7 32 bit computers.

Yes you can run almost any version of Windows on it and also most versions of Linux, I think it is even possible to run Android 86 but I'm not sure I haven't tried Android yet

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/37303-vmware-workstation-player-install-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello to everybody after resize the volumes of my workstation that uses a raid- configuration with the mini tool partition doesn't the a after volume resize boot anymore of Workstation raid software i am no able Workstation doesn't boot anymore after a resize of the raid volume to boot the system The system has a gb primary partition and a gb secondary partition that i have reduced in order to give more space to the C drive Everything goes well but after days the system crashes and after that the system recovery starts automatically because there is a system recovery partition inside my hard disks The startup recovery cannot Workstation doesn't boot anymore after a resize of the raid volume resolve anything it works for days and i have to shut down the pc from the power button in order to end the startup recovery After that i have tried with the windows dvd this gives me the following results -repair action File repair result failed Error code x Time taken ms -Repair action Boot configuration data restore repair Result Failed Error code Workstation doesn't boot anymore after a resize of the raid volume x Time taken ms -Repair action System restore Result Completed succesfully Error code x Time taken ms The system restore doesn't work even if it is shown that it has to be succesful and if i do it manually the system cannot restore the system at the previous restore point Then i have tried with the bootrec in the command prompt trying to fix the mbr and the bcd but also this options doesn't work for my case nbsp I if list the volumes inside the disk with diskpart i see that the c and d partition are marked with a rebuild flag in the status bar Have you any suggest for me in order to solve my problem

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ff3ba5d3-cc67-4821-9d46-ce4f22725a50/workstation-doesnt-boot-anymore-after-a-resize-of-the-raid-volume?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 33.97%

I have this small thing that I want to do: When my laptop resumes sleep/hibernate I want to run a small script (.bat) that requires to be run as administrator.

I have created a Task on Scheduler.
Under General tab I've been experimented with all the options.On Triggers tab I've used "logon" and "startup" which have succeded but are useless to me; so the only active I have now is "workstation unlock".Actions: start a program
So, while my task is able to start on logon and startup why can't it start on workstation unlock?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40063-scheduler-workstation-unlock.html
Relevancy 32.68%

I have a Windows 7 32-bit workstation in a workgroup. For the past few weeks, our vulnerability management scanner has not been able to scan this particular machine. I added the registry value of LocalAccountTokenFilter to disable remote UAC to be able to
scan. I am able to manually scan after I make the change but if the machine reboots, or if I log out after making that change, everything reverts back to default.
This happens when I make any Local Security Policy change as well. If I make any changes to the UAC options, they are completely undone after I logoff my session or reboot. Has anyone seen this problem, and know a fix for it? Any help will be so appreciated!
Jasmin

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0fc1cb6d-0357-4275-b7fa-6f8f1e4405bc/local-workstation-reverts-secpol-and-registry-changes-after-reboot?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

I have a secure computer that cannot access the internet directly. The windows and Internet Explorer are both out of date. How do I copy the latest version it has and then go to another Internet-connected PC and download all updates on a flash drive or CD for my offline workstation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/updating-an-offline-workstation.1165985/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,

When I have my old server(winserver2003), all my clients is set-up to automatic IP, and it works all fine,
When my old server had crash, I've acquire another server(winserver2008), then all my clients can't pick up an IP address, therefore they can't connect to our network. But, if I set the IPs manualy, then I can join the network & it work fine.

My IP range is xxx.17.48.2 - xxx.17.48.250
My router address is xxx.17.48.1
My Domain server address is xxx.17.48.180
where xxx is the same.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/392389-my-workstation-cant-pick-up-automatic-ip.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all. I am asking a community question on which virtual machine software do you use?
I don't know which one to choose and I need your help! The contestants are:
-Oracle Virtualbox
-Vmware Workstation 10

Cast your votes today and I will see the result by next Sunday!

A:[Community Battle] #1 - Oracle Virtualbox vs Vmware Workstation

-Oracle Virtualbox - FREE
-Vmware Workstation 10 - NOT FREE

https://malwaretips.com/threads/community-battle-1-oracle-virtualbox-vs-vmware-workstation.37116/
Relevancy 33.11%

As many of the users in MT use Virtual Machines, between the two free options, which one you recommend and why?

What features does each contain that you use?
What OS do use it inside the VM (Virtual Machine)?

A:Oracle VirtualBox 5.0.16 or VMware Workstation Player 12.0.1

Oracle VirtualBox version 5 because...
It's Free and has regular updates, bugs are fixed quick + OpenSource.
Works amazing on Windows and Linux (my malware research setup / automated malware analysis is on linux) + VirtualBox-Tools give VirtualBox compatibility and usability (faster and better performance then VMPlayer).

https://malwaretips.com/threads/oracle-virtualbox-5-0-16-or-vmware-workstation-player-12-0-1.56946/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello guys

I have the HP Workstation and its Installation Disk. I also have a Acer Laptop with its System Image on four DVDs, but not marked ACER.

Had some problem with the HP Workstation and decided to reinstall the System Image, forgetting the Disks are for the Laptop.
It loaded Okay but when No.4 Disk loaded and launched I realised my mistake and tried to stop it.
Now Windows Professional logo is on the Desktop, but seems to have stopped launching.

It is now showing, 'Installing Drytek Launch Manager'.

Any help with this, please ?. Thanks

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/129074-xw-4400-hp-workstation-reinstall-w7-system-image.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi there I got esxi running but not really satisfied with performance and the hassle Esxi PROPRIETARY and workstation KVM NON and than vmware better of controlling VM's from a remote computer So I decided to re-visit using KVM can be considered Linux's equivalent KVM better than vmware workstation and Esxi and NON PROPRIETARY to HYPER-V KVM is free of course it's part of most KVM better than vmware workstation and Esxi and NON PROPRIETARY Linux distros - but RHEL and Centos naturally has this down to a fine art so install documentation is really good It turned out surprisingly easy from a CENTOS HOST and I O performance is STREETS ahead of both VMWARE workstation and the VM running under Esxi The other nice thing is that you can also control the VM's on the LOCAL HOST PCI passthru works fine and you can use quot paravirtualisation quot if you want to install specific hardware drivers on the VM to extract even better performance VMware esxi VM's can be converted easily enough - or re-installing the Guest OS is a doddle anyway Note - you have to enable VT-X in the BIOS on intel CPU's --usually all done by default these days -- for AMD there's an equivalent but don't know what it is Very happy with this solution -- you can install a minimal Linux system and control everything via a CLI if you don't want a Linux GUI I'd recommend doing it from the GUI for beginners For those playing around with Linux Hosts who want to try other ways of running Windows Guests I'd recommend having a look at KVM -- it really is surprisingly easy -- AND STABLE Also being able to control the VM's from a local host is a great advantage for quot Home user quot who don't need Enterprise type solutions Install KVM QEMU on CentOS RHEL Note -- there is a bug you can't use a PHYSICAL ISO to create the VM - an Image iso disk based iso works fine This works for most other common distros too --opensuse Ubuntu Linux Mint etc Have fun Cheers jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/47555-kvm-better-than-vmware-workstation-esxi-non-proprietary.html