Windows Support Forum

E51-80 Windows update stuck - same for Win10 upgra...

Q: E51-80 Windows update stuck - same for Win10 upgra...

Brand new E51-80 with Win7 - couldn't upgrade to Win10, got stuck at 'searching for updates'.Tried the same in Win7 with same result, just got stuck in 'searching for updates'. Tried several solutions i Googled - no success. Then i uninstalled the 'bloatware' McAfee installation, and everything worked again!! Just to help others that also run into this issue. /Henrik - Denmark

/Henrik - DenmarkX220 - i7-2620, 8GB, 128GB Samsung 830 SSD (I just LOVE my X220!)

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/E51-80-Windows-update-stuck-same-for-Win10-upgrade/td-p/3476152
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: E51-80 Windows update stuck - same for Win10 upgra...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 80.84%

When trying to download the Win10 upgrade, it first takes me to Windows Update. It says "Check your PC before upgrading. Before installing Windows 10 Insider Preview, something needs your attention." and presents a "Check your PC" button. When I click the button, it cranks for about 5 minutes and comes back to the same message and same button.

Is there a log somewhere where it tells me what it's complaining about? If not, it appears I won't be able to get to Win10. I'm running 8.1 Pro now.

Thanks for any help,
Doug

A:Stuck in Windows Update during Win10 download

Why are you installing the insider preview? its kind of like a beta

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/43117-stuck-windows-update-during-win10-download.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Installing Windows Updates once was a cherished event but recently I am developing anxiety disorder while I install them unless tells me it is complete successfully. Latest update on my laptop is stuck at 45% for couple of days with no progress and retrying send system again to same 45% and stuck again. Is there a better update to remedy this bad update? Update number was something like 1607 I guess.

A:Win10 Update Stuck at 45%

So you're phone and laptop are stuck? 0_o Update 14393.189 Stock at 67%

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/439553-win10-update-stuck-45%25.html
Relevancy 57.62%

It seems according to the update history, my computer is trying to upgrade itself to Windows 10 automatically. Can it actually do this without asking me? I didn't reserve the upgrade so it shouldn't be trying to upgrade. Did it fail noticing that I didn't reserve the upgrade?

A:Windows Update trying to upgrade to Win10 by itself?

Hi
Try this
Scared and Very Confused - Windows 10

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378745-windows-update-trying-upgrade-win10-itself.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I was wondering how the upgrade to win 10 will work and if i have to ever reinstaill will my windows 7 key work for a reinstall of windows 10

A:Will my win7 key become a win10 key if i decide to update to windows 1

That level of detail is not clear yet for the "free" upgrade.

You can always buy Windows 10 outright and avoid the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372927-will-my-win7-key-become-win10-key-if-i-decide-update-windows-1-a.html
Relevancy 56.33%

In various posts on Microsoft forcing us towards Win upgrade I couldn t find anyone describing the actual harm KB is doing to the system Is just that people are being annoyed with something being installed but they don t exactly know what it is doing Or people experience Win10 appearance Windows (to only) Update changed screen system being much slower Or something else I ll try to describe my problem linked to Win push Windows Update screen changed appearance (to Win10 only) by MS After installing a number of updates that accumulated over past six or so weeks my Windows Update screen Windows changed appearance That Windows Update screen used to show available updates important and optional You would then click on a link that would show the whole listing of available updates You would be able to select KBs that you want OK it and when back into Windows Update screen run execute whatever KBs you selected in the previous screen With recent KB installs that Windows Update screen doesn t show any more available updates important and optional Instead in that space it says Upgrade to Windows Where button to install updates used to be now there is button that says Get started indicating that you would Windows Update screen changed appearance (to Win10 only) start upgrade to Win Under that box there is a link that says Show all available updates When I click on it I do get familiar screen with all available Win updates If I select any of those updates and go back to initial Windows Update screen I see again Upgrade to Windows and not what used to be from memory e g important updates selected install or something like that So my problem is that it seems that I lost ability to continue with Win updates Unless that new button Get started will actually execute selected Win KBs and not take me to Win I can t take that risk and press the button BTW I restored my PC to the point prior to executing those recent KBs but problem described above still exists I also uninstalled KB KB KB and KB As a result I lost white Win icon on task bar Needless to say that I tried to uninstall KB but as soon as I remove it it installs back by itself prior to reset as a matter of fact I can t shut down PC straight after removing KB since it s busy putting the same KB back on So has anyone experienced new appearance of Windows Update window that seems to indicate that my PC is in a state of quot no return quot and only option is to go Win Would this be linked to KB many thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383589-windows-update-screen-changed-appearance-win10-only.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have windows 8.1 and I started my windows uodate yesterday at 9 pm. It took almost 45 mins fir the uodates to download then I clicked in installing the updates. Since 9:45 pm last night the installation is stuck on 25 out 67 updates and the update that has been installing is the windows malicious software tool. Its almost 12 hrs now. I even tried stopping the installation and restarting the ststem. But before restarting the installation process has started again. Please help to reaolve the issue

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443333-why-window-update-stuck-windows-malicious-software-tool-update.html
Relevancy 56.33%

nbsp I bought a GB Sandisk SSD the correct type for my Pavilion x Notebook and want to replace the current GB HP SSD in my machine nbsp After considering the cloning option which would mean getting cloning software and an adapter to migrate the image to the new SSD I have determined that probably the better approach is to install Windows on the new SSD after I have installed it nbsp Can anyone provide guidance nbsp Pavilion x2 SSD (upgra... with on How to Windows new 10 install Suggestions nbsp For instance when I check the boot sequence which I assume I would have to set How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... to USB nbsp I don't see a clear option just one How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... for a USK Key or device nbsp I would want it to boot from the USB in which I would connect a Windows install nbsp Notwithstanding the Key activation issues I would appreciate some insight into how I can accomplish this nbsp I like this Pavilion x but the GB SSD really is How to install Windows 10 on Pavilion x2 with new SSD (upgra... too small nbsp Polenta

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-install-Windows-10-on-Pavilion-x2-with-new-SSD/td-p/5763785
Relevancy 55.9%

So I'm having some problems with Windows Update this is my parent's computer and I do scan regularly with Avast and Malwarebytes- no threats I go to update Windows Updates and it just stays on the loading screen with progress however from time to stuck at Windows screen, Update update Java can't loading time I notice when I go to shut Windows Update stuck at loading screen, can't update Java down the computer I get one of those icons on my shut down button Windows Update stuck at loading screen, can't update Java that you sometimes get from updates so I don't know what's going on I get that icon and at shut down it says updates of are installing do not turn off your computer but then after reboot when I go back to Windows Updates it's now less so I had updates now I have but I still never saw the progress bar nothing there was no indication that updates were being installed it was always at I waited over hours- almost all day I'm just confused and now it's saying I have updates and again it's just stuck at the loading screen no progress can anyone help me out with this My dad said he also noticed the computer running a bit slow even boot up is slow Also Java I cannot get it to install I get the pop up window in my taskbar to install updates but when I click it nothing happens this I have problems with even on my personal laptop I can't ever seem to install Java updates because it won't open what is going on with this program Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you I just wanted to add that I'v also been experiencing some loading problems with webpages I keep getting an error page and some pages I can't load for a while it took me a very long time to be able to post here and took me a while to load google even sometimes they load ok but other times unable to load for some reason took a screenshot to show you maybe that has something to do with updates not being able to load and install

A:Windows Update stuck at loading screen, can't update Java

Computer freezes a lot and loads slowly as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-stuck-at-loading-screen-cant-update-java-1126201.html
Relevancy 55.9%

hi,

I was prompted a while ago to update to Windows 10, but haven't had a reason to until recently, there's a game (Killer Instinct) which is Windows 10 only so I decided now's the time.

When I was prompted for the update originally, I followed a guide on this forum for turning the update file into a bootable iSO, I though this would let me install windows 10 on another partition so I could dual boot, but when I tried it asked me for my product key and didn't accept my original Windows 7 key.

I'm currently running windows 7 from a 120gb SSD, now partitioned in 2 equal half's. I was wondering if its possible for me to clone my existing Windows 7 drive to the 2nd partition, then do the Windows 10 update on either the clone or original drive for a dual boot setup. Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/45757-can-i-clone-my-windows-7-drive-update-win10-dual-boot-use-both.html
Relevancy 55.9%

This system was running Windows before it was upgraded to after n... to boot update wouldn't win10 windows Envy 15-j059nr Windows last year It's my boyfriends computer and last night he kept getting the dreaded blue screen with errors regarding his hard disk He kept ignoring them Then his computer battery died and when he booted back up it would get to a blue screen and act like it was going to repair itself and would just start all over again It was going in Envy 15-j059nr wouldn't boot to windows after win10 update n... a loop He had no idea what he was doing but searched the Internet and ended up messing everything up even more nbsp His setup was GB HD in partitions It was set up as a Raid one was the main nbsp C drive one was the restore drive and the other was cache He changed them to non-raid drives He changed some other things in the bios too but I am not sure exactly what nbsp The problelm I have at this moment is that when I boot up without Envy 15-j059nr wouldn't boot to windows after win10 update n... the USB Bootable media I created I get stuck at a screen that says there is no boot disk and no operating system installed and to press F to run Diagnostics When I run teh diagnostics everything is fine no errors nbsp When I try to recover repair reimage or anything other than reinstall it goes back to the screen I mentioned above that will not allow me to do anything with the exception of going to the command prompt which is nbsp X and not C I did a dir w and saw that the windows files are there but under the users directory all the documents and pictures are empty so not sure if it is even looking at what I think it is nbsp When I choose to Install Windows everything is going smooth then bam it wants the drivers I cannot find drivers for this laptop that don't have the exe and require setup This laptop doesn't have a CD DVD drive on it I don't mind doing a reformat and starting all over if I could retrieve his pictures off of his hard disk drive They are of his late grandfather nbsp nbsp Please help nbsp nbsp nbsp Thank you in advance nbsp AggieFan

A:Envy 15-j059nr wouldn't boot to windows after win10 update n...

Hi: See if there is a BIOS setting to change the USB 3 ports to auto (to emulate USB 2 ports).  Windows may be looking for a USB3 driver. To save any previous files, do not format the drive.  Just let Windows install over the current windows directory on C:\ and it will create a Windows.old folder. After W10 has completed installing, you can explore the Windows.old folder and retrieve any files from the Windows.old user directory that you need. You can delete the Windows.old folder after you are sure you got everthing from it that you need. Use the disk cleanup utility to delete the Windows.old folder. You run the utility.  It opens to the window, then click on the cleanup system files button on the lower left side of the window.  The disk cleanup utility will run again and then when you get to the window, you can check all of the boxes to delete the unnecessary files, including the Windows.old folder.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Envy-15-j059nr-wouldn-t-boot-to-windows-after-win10-update/td-p/5798838
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I'm not sure whether this issue should be listed under the Programs How do re-install force I 12 update Media to Win10 Windows Player and How do I force Win10 update to re-install Windows Media Player 12 Apps category Perhaps you could put me right here I'm finding my WMP is not able to play my Audible aa and aax audiobooks and will not import them This has been a problem for the past - months How do I force Win10 update to re-install Windows Media Player 12 before that WMP v worked OK I've removed its library so that it can rebuild it suspecting a corrupt library but when I point it to the area where my audiobooks are located it does not recognize them It's probably a DRM How do I force Win10 update to re-install Windows Media Player 12 issue and I was hoping that a re-install of WMP might help fix the problem I believe this is best accomplished by letting a Win update to run but perhaps this is wishful thinking Alternatively does WMP need to be authorized with Audible in order to play these files - if so how do I do this I can't find WMP in the Programs and Features system tool so can't remove it I've tried installing WMP but this fails because the version in my system is a higher number v I've tried downloading WMP but the sites that claim they have it available cause either my MacAfee or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to block the download I would appreciate any suggestions you can offer me Paul

A:How do I force Win10 update to re-install Windows Media Player 12

MP12 is part of Windows. Go to Turn Windows features On/Off. Under Media features deselect MP12, reboot, reselect it then reboot again. There are also 3 Troubleshooters for MP12 you can try.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/66753-how-do-i-force-win10-update-re-install-windows-media-player-12-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My acer Aspire V - has been intermittently losing WiFi for past days since Windows upgrade from Windows Home Premium The Aspire has Atheros wireless network adapter AR BWB Wed nbsp So far I have In the Atheros AR BWB Wireless Network Adapter Properties I nbsp unchecked the box in the Property Management tab which read Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power nbsp b Made sure airplane mode was in off position c Forget exactly where I did this but made sure settings in another location Windows Intermittent WiFi issue upgra... 10 following were set at Maximum Performance Checked that firmware is up to date on my network router with security set to WPA -PSK AES Searched through many forums to read responses of folks upgrading Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra... to Windows with WiFi issues--seems this is widespread problem though no one has said WiFi signal loss was intermittent as is my laptop's Internet hits for my searches also show WiFi issues occurred in the past for installs of Windows So Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra... far have not come across mentions of WiFi issues for past installs of Windows While exploring my laptop I came across a page of Microsoft Updates--SEE ATTACHED I was surprised to note that these updates are released quite frequently over the course of a day For example separate updates between PM and PM on Aug and separate updates between AM and PM on Aug nbsp Am including part of the record of updates for August and August I am aware that Microsoft uses my WiFi to AUTOMATICALLY download updates Is it possible that this intermittent nbsp download of updates cause the intermittent nbsp interruptions of the WiFi This afternoon when the WiFi was not working for Windows I reinstalled as a dual boot Ubuntu I had no difficulty connecting to WiFi from Ubuntu Have not yet I have not yet tried connecting the laptop via Ethernet cable to my router during one of these WiFi outages My ISP is a VOIP Internet setup using one Westell and one Cisco router I have not considered if they might be a cause of the problem I read on one forum that someone fixed their WiFi connection issue by changing their router security setting to include TKIP nbsp NOTE I may need to put attachment of screen grab of Windows updates in a separate email reply to this post as this post is not accepting the attachment Would appreciate any comments or suggestions Thanks in advance I shall likely also put this out on a Windows forum elsewhere nbsp nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra...

Hi!FYI, this worked for me, finally a solution!Strangest thing--I uninstalled the Atheros driver. Did NOT reinstall it. After I uninstalled Atheros driver, a right screen Windows 10 style panel immediately appeared--either on notifications panel or in WiFi settings page, was sleepy, don't remember which--containing a labeled entry box for my wifi password. I entered the password and boom, the wifi worked. It's been working since.Again thanks. Will mark solved.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Intermittent-WiFi-issue-following-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/373678
Relevancy 55.47%

I am receiving numerous blue screens do death.  10 is not stable for more than 5 minutes once it boots up.  I upgraded from 8 and have no USB boot stick.  Can Acer community help me?   Will Microsoft help me?   I have posted in ten forum for possible help with windows 10 experts (not Microsoft).    I have detailed error messages and even test results for memory, disk and drivers.   Very frustrating to have trusted the upgrade and now be completely unstable.  Just looking for next suggestion.   Thanks in advance

A:Intermittent WiFi issue following Windows 10 upgra...

Which Win10 version do you have and on what Acer ? (Both should be listed in MSINFO32.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Intermittent-WiFi-issue-following-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/412424/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows update is stuck at 0%. I reset it to factory settings because I bought from some store that sold used computers. here are the things that I did. 1. I turn metered connections off as I read some problems came up with that still didn't work. 2. I did various things that did not do anything in command prompt like sfc/scannow but it said I had no problems. I tried troubleshooting windows update it shut off bits and other stuff but got stuck while restarting bits. now it is freezing when I try to activate anything in the control panel please help or should I just reset my computer.

A:Windows update stuck at 0% after trying to update it after i reset it to factory

I've found that the first set of Windows 8 updates takes forever to get past 0% Downloading. Just let it go for a couple hours.

Someone on Reddit described it as:

New installations of Windows 8 update certain system files in the background. The foreground "update" app can't get a lock on the update repository, so it just hangs until the background updating is done. It usually takes a couple of hours. Just wait it out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532494/windows-update-stuck-at-0-after-trying-to-update-it-after-i-reset-it-to-factory/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello nbsp I have an Acer Aspire G Last night my computer randomly decided to do the Windows upgrade I did not click okay or accept the terms or conditions or anything It just logged off nbsp and started doing the after Windows 10 driver upgra... Aspire upgrade 5750G upgrade and I couldn't quit out of it Anyway I didn't get a chance to check if all Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... of the drivers etc were compatible with windows Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... After the upgrade most things seem to be working fine so far However the scroll bar on my mouse trackpad no longer works Is this something I can fix by simply upgrading the driver If so where do I find the correct one nbsp Are there any other drivers that I should upgrade I was told by a friend that I should upgrade drivers from the generic microsoft ones and install better drivers that are specific to the brand of my computer However Acer only seems to have downloadable drivers for Windows or for my computer nbsp Any help is appreciated nbsp Thanks Claire

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750G-driver-upgrade-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/438246/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello nbsp I have after Windows upgra... upgrade driver 10 Aspire 5750G an Acer Aspire G Last night my computer randomly Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... decided to do the Windows upgrade I did not click okay or accept the terms or conditions or anything It just logged off nbsp and started doing the upgrade and I Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... couldn't quit out of it Anyway I didn't get a chance to check if all of the drivers etc were compatible with windows After the upgrade most things seem to be working fine Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra... so far However the scroll bar on my mouse trackpad no longer works Is this something I can fix by simply upgrading the driver If so where do I find the correct one nbsp Are there any other drivers that I should upgrade I was told by a friend that I should upgrade drivers from the generic microsoft ones and install better drivers that are specific to the brand of my computer However Acer only seems to have downloadable drivers for Windows or for my computer nbsp Any help is appreciated nbsp Thanks Claire

A:Aspire 5750G driver upgrade after Windows 10 upgra...

A perhaps more relevant question right now is if you want to stay with the unintentional Win10 installation or go back to your original factory-installed Windows 7 version? Jack E/NJ 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5750G-driver-upgrade-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/438246
Relevancy 55.04%

My HP desktop PC, Envy 700-220ef, upgraded itself to Windows 10 a few days ago, without my blessing. Since them, at startup time it goes directly from the BIOS/POST screen to the Windows blue logo, so I get no chance, as I did before with Windows 8.1, to see the UEFI menu and select from it the operating system or boot source I want. How can I get the UEFI menu back ? Thanks.  

A:How to get UEFI boot menu to show up after windows 10 upgra...

@jpmarinier?, welcome to the forum. You should right click on the Start button in the lower left corner: select Command Prompt (Admin) / at the Prompt copy and paste this command: bcdedit /set {bootmgr} displaybootmenu yes / it will tell you that the command has been completed successfully / type Exit and reboot.  I did this and it gave me the Bootmgr screen. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-get-UEFI-boot-menu-to-show-up-after-windows-10/td-p/5683923
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi all trying to upgrade my desktop self-built from Win to Win but it keeps getting stuck at configuring settings Since at that point there is no task manager or anything and my system has Win10 at upgrade keeps stuck 86% getting no hdd activity light it's hard to tell if anything is still happening The system has an ssd so should not be slow I've updated several laptops also crappy Win10 upgrade keeps getting stuck at 86% ones with slow hdd and it worked for all of them never taking longer than couple of hours Now the upgrade on my desktop has been running for hrs mostly stuck at that point I tried to upgrade it once already last fall and then I did not have this issue But system was very unstable and hence unusable with win and hence reverted back to So what are my options to troubleshoot I only have keyboard and mouse attached both USB and no other USB devices There are lots of applications installed and configured dev environment for my personal projects so I would really really like to avoid a clean install If it matters it it win professional and there is enough free space on c drive Should I unplug mouse and keyboard or even display dvi-d

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/57202-win10-upgrade-keeps-getting-stuck-86-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I can't install any of the update as it is checking forever i did a fresh install of windows Thanks Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key Hash hTNIwJxpoGVBaL Jbg CBGbQw Windows Product ID Type Windows for update 7 update. Windows stuck checking at License Type Retail Windows OS version ID Windows 7 update stuck at checking for update. AC C -DB - CB- C -E D E Is Windows 7 update stuck at checking for update. Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By Windows 7 update stuck at checking for update. N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt AC C -DB - CB- C -E D E lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - VQ R lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F C lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt E FF D FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt HPQOEM lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt SLIC-MPC lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Ultimate edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R RETAIL channel Activation ID ac e a - cc - -a ff- ce fb b Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL SpcService Web Service Machine Certificate URL RacService Web Service Use License URL UseLicenseService Web Service Product Key Certificate URL PkcService Web Service Partial Product Key VQ R License Status Licensed Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time AM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline N A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp N A ActiveX Not Registered - x Admin Service Not Registered - x HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash ... Read more

A:Windows 7 update stuck at checking for update.

Lookin at that report,
There are at least 2 lines of data that i need.
Rerun the report please otherwise cant help you.
That comp did not come with that OS, please confirm if you have a dreamspark licence.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/396588-windows-7-update-stuck-checking-update.html
Relevancy 54.18%

The update in question is .netframework 3.5 I have tried the windows update fix it program and that didnt work. I have tried renaming the sofware folder in windows folder to old. but that does nothing.

I dont know what else to do.

I do not getting any error codes.

Attachment 251123

A:Windows 7 update stuck at preparing update.

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/274800-windows-7-update-stuck-preparing-update.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, I'm having trouble upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10.  The installation (manual and automatic) fails due to the incompatibility of ProtectTools Security Manager (according to Microsoft). This is also described in a document I found on the HP website: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5212912&docId=emr_na-c04734799&docLocale... .Before I can uninstall ProtectTools, I need to unistall other HP tools, like Device Access Manager,... And there lies my problem: how do I uninstall Device Access manager? It's not listed under 'Programs and features'. I tried uninstall tools like CCleaner and Revo Unistaller, but they can't find it either. I have installed the latest version of ProtectTools, via the SoftPaq Download Manager and disabled all features in ProtectTools, as far as I can tell. How do I uninstall the ProtectTools suite? Best regards,Wim.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:ProtectTools Device Access Manager blocking Windows 10 upgra...

I found a way to remove it, on this website: http://www.shouldiremoveit.com/Device-Access-Manager-for-HP-ProtectTools-9553-program.aspx Run: MsiExec.exe /X{55B52830-024A-443E-AF61-61E1E71AFA1B} That fixed it for me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/ProtectTools-Device-Access-Manager-blocking-Windows-10/td-p/5178084
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently upgraded to Windows and since then I have been receiving the following Windows message started upgra... Driver error Graphics 10 after message while playing a game Display driver Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows R stopped responding and has Graphics Driver error message started after Windows 10 upgra... successfully recovered nbsp nbsp I checked my graphics driver and it said it was up-to-date nbsp I have tried installling the latest drivers for my notebook model as per the HP drivers page the December version installed with no problem but did not fix the issue nbsp An error message pops up when I try to install the March and April versions of the graphics drivers stating that they are not compatible with my computer nbsp I have also tried both the HP and Intel Driver update utilities and was told that my drivers are up-to-date nbsp However when I look at the properties for my Intel R HD Graphics Family in Device Manager I notice that the information on the Events tab states Device PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS E C amp REV B amp amp amp requires further installation nbsp I am not sure what needs updating on my computer or if this driver is incompatible with Windows and there is not yet an upgrade nbsp Any advice or guidance would be appreciated nbsp My computer model is the HP Pavilion -p ca Notebook PC ENERGY STAR model G U UA ABL and the graphics driver is version

A:Graphics Driver error message started after Windows 10 upgra...

Hi @Gneiss, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion 15-p050ca Notebook and a error message Display drive Intel HD Graphics Drivers for Windows stopped responding and has successfully recovered. I would uninstall all that are listed in the Device Manager. Click the arrow next to Display Adapters to expand that category. Right-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time. Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driverAfter the installation is complete, restart your Notebook. It should automatically update with a new Driver and software. If you need to update the Display Adapters. I would follow the method of right clicking on them in the Device Manager only. This will update the drivers on your system to work with Windows 10. Please get back to me how this goes. If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude! Please click the Accept as Solution, to the right of the Thumbs up icon, if your issues is resolved.   Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphics-Driver-error-message-started-after-Windows-10/td-p/5601140
Relevancy 54.18%

This machine was running Win7, Downloaded Win 10 from the website, great, everything working OK. Went to instal my printers and scanner, then things started to go wrong. To cut a long story short, I am now in the position of having the machine boot up, goes through the motions, then exhibits a screen offering me a choice of keyboards ! Nothing I can do to make it change its mind. It's stuck in a loop and I can't find a way of altering it. Any suggestions will be gratefully received. How do I get into Safe mode, or break the loop ? If I had a Win10 disk I could go to "Repair" but with a straight download this is not possible. Thanks.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/win10-not-loading-stuck-loop-4599577/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have three computers in family that were given upgrades on the win7 family plan. One was just informed it was eligible for win10 upgrade. I think I made the mistake of custom install (for a clean install) instead of an upgrade and, related to other problems with windows update, I might have lost my activation on win7. Long story short, when I got to the point where win10 was installed and asking for a key I knew I had done a no no as, if I had done it correctly, I should not have been asked for a key. Of course I have no key but the win7 key and the install just sits there with no options but to input the key, which I don't have. What's my best course of action here?
thanks in advance

A:win10 upgrade stuck at key request

Hello trbodden,

If you haven't already, you should be able to enter the Windows 7 product key to activate Windows 10 if it's for the same edition and language.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/38436-win10-upgrade-stuck-key-request.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I started with Stuck startup loop WIN10 in Win accepted free upgrade to Win and it worked great for awhile then one day it said I had I O Device error and continued working maybe two days later a blue screen appeared Critical Process Died and it did every time I turn on PC it goes into automatic repair and the diagnosing nbsp tried everything and nbsp every option to no avail I can get into CMD prompt tried WIN10 Stuck in startup loop nbsp sfc scannow will verify but cannot perform function tried dism exe online cleanup-image restorehealth message Dism does not support servicing windows PE with online option So I turned on computer pressed nbsp ESC several times and started checking memory test passed Hard Disk test nbsp smart check nbsp Passed Long DSt Failed Failure ID G KMW- K-WPWX G- A nbsp Product ID H M AA ABC Hard Disk it is a SATAO TB Hitachi HD CLA nbsp Can anyone tell me if this means my hard drive is pooched when I was going through steps on HP document it said to contact support tab for further information sure appreciate the help nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/WIN10-Stuck-in-startup-loop/td-p/5831518
Relevancy 54.18%

My Windows 10 version 1511 is set to download and install updates automatically but this morning, the updates download got stuck at 0% for a long time. Even after a reboot, it would not budge.
Do you guys have the same problem here?

Maybe during the downloading of the updates, I had turned off my notebook, so would that have a negative effect on the way the updates are downloaded or in process of downloading?
So for example, next time if there is a Windows Update and the downloads are in progress, is it OK to turn off my machine while Windows 10 is downloading the patches or security updates?

The only way I could recover from this mess, is that I read these steps from the below link.
?www.thewindowsclub.com/w ??? -updates

But overall in general, the way Win10 handles these updates is a PURE MESS, and I hope in Redstone, this will be fixed.
I never had these issues in Win7...

A:Win10 Updates stuck downloading

I had a hard time updating my 10586 (1511) Version so I let it update and download over night. DON'T !! it also downloaded the "Feature update", meaning the anniversary update and tried to install that. I interrupted the update so Windows will be forced to go back to the 1511 Version.
Whenever a new cumulative update is available, I made it a habit to download it from the catalog:
Microsoft Update Catalog

that way I do not rely on the Windows update and can do that even disconnected from the web.. Has always worked for me...

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63733-win10-updates-stuck-downloading.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I downloaded the upgrade by means of the "Windows10UpgraderApp", it completed the initial check and the whole download. At the second restart the installation got stuck at 32%. Switching off the pc, the previous release was automatically restored in few minutes.
It's an almost powerful laptop. I have large amount of RAM and HD space available. The current version is 1511, build SO 10586.589

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440311-why-my-win10-upgrade-anniversary-get-stuck.html
Relevancy 53.75%

During the upgrade the laptop gave a fault-code 0xc000000f and three options enter to try again, f8 for startoptions and f9 to change operatingsystem whichever options i try it keeps getting back to the same screen.

What can I do?

A:Satellite C660-1J2 stuck in Win10 upgrade

Power off the notebook pressing and holding power button.

Then power up the unit again and press F12.
Now you should see the Advanced boot menu.

Here choose HDD recovery
Then choose language and keyboard.

Then Troubleshoot -> Advanced options ->Automatic Repair.

Hope it helps.... if not, you may need to recover the notebook back to factory settings...

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84689-Satellite-C660-1J2-stuck-in-Win10-upgrade
Relevancy 52.89%

I think I started the download about 2 hours ago, but its still at the same screen that says starting download. Is this normal?

A:I am upgrading from Win7 to Win10 but it seems stuck at starting download?

Doing an actual live in-place upgrade from 7 to Windows 10 using the Windows Update method (where it downloads everything necessary to do the upgrade and not using an ISO with local files or the Media Creation Tool) will take some time. If necessary, cancel or stop the process, log out, reboot, and try again if you feel it's taking an inordinate amount of time - actual live in-place upgrades will be slower than one done with local installation files.

It's just how it goes, slowly and relatively surely. If you feel it's taking way way too long, use the Media Creation Tool, get the ISO, burn it or put the contents on a USB stick (using the tool itself) and then do the upgrade from that media which will go much faster (given you can actually download the necessary files, of course).

https://hardforum.com/threads/i-am-upgrading-from-win7-to-win10-but-it-seems-stuck-at-starting-download.1906117/
Relevancy 52.89%

Another thread on stuck at boot, but my exact issue is slightly different..... i get stuck as per attached file, just as the Dell logo pops up and the progress bar sits at 15%, but....

if I hit F2 or F12 and go into and straight out of these setup/boot options menus, by EXIT WITHOUT SAVING CHANGES the boot recovers and off we go as normal....

Wheres my gremlin - any ideas welcomed ?

Thanks, Simon.

Hardware: Dell VOSTRO 3650
BIOS: {"DELL -1", "InsydeH20 Version 03.72.24A13", "InsydeH20 Version 03.72.24A13" }

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win10-clean-install-stuck-on-boot-but-ok-after-f2-exit.1167931/
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm hoping this is the right forum area for Win 7 as I have in-installed win 10.

Its on a sony E series laptop which is several years old. Windows wants to do a startup repair and i'm in a loop.

I viewed the on-screen diagostics. It says windows has failed. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

I have both options without success.
1) Launch startup repair,
2)start windows normally.

When I run the 1st option computer says "Startup cannot repair this computer

automatically.

I'm not sure what to do?
I do have a windows 7 repair disk, but it doesn't seem to have any effect.
And the system recovery options dont work either.

I search the web for other options and used Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and look like I can see the file so the hard drive is ok so far.

Any suggestions on what to do next.

reagrds,
Mark

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395472-win7-stuck-startup-repair-loop-after-win10-uninstall.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My windows update does not like to load! It takes a very long time and sometimes causes explorer to crash! When I checked, I had 92 updates to install. When I click download and install, it would freeze and stay there for a long time. I tried to use the Fix it application, however that gets stuck on "Checking Online for Updates" as well! What should I do? I also tried to update in safe mode, but it wouldn't let me. Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Update won't update, stuck at 0%

Hello NoisE and welcome to Seven Forums.

With that many updates to install, I would disable automatic updates and manually install just a few at a time. I personally don't do more than 5 at a time but you could try 10. Keep track of the KB numbers for each update in each group. After installing the first group, restart the computer and make sure everything is working. If it is, install the next group and restart. Continue doing this until all updates are installed.

If a particular group fails to install correctly, uninstall those particular updates by looking for their KB numbers. Then try to install just one at a time and reboot after each one. They'll either all install OK or you'll know which update is causing the problems. Leave it for last and install the next group.

Yes, this is a much slower process but it usually results in a much better update experience.

Windows Update Settings - Change

Windows Update - Uninstall an Update

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/260639-windows-update-wont-update-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update.

(1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone and

(2) All of my Microsoft Update History is also missing.

Could the update be the cause of both?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

A:Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

Yes, the update is the cause of both.

Major version upgrades like this change so much functionality, they often have to reset various settings to default so that they are in a known good state. Unfortunately, many have complained about the System Restore option being reset to Disabled (this is the Windows default).

As for your previous restore points, that's to be expected. You can't restore to a previous restore point on a previous OS version. All the baseline files are different, and you would be restoring settings for the old OS if you were to somehow be able to restore it.

Think of it like a Bookmark or favorite, but they've moved the location to a different URL. Restoring the old favorite only points you to somewhere that doesn't exist anymore.

As for #2, your update history is gone because again, it's a fresh OS, and previous updates are all integrated into the OS now, not patches. Those old updates don't apply to the new OS anymore.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/59127-update-history-missing-after-win10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update.

(1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone and

(2) All of my Microsoft Update History is also missing.

Could the update be the cause of both?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

A:Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

Yes, the update is the cause of both.

Major version upgrades like this change so much functionality, they often have to reset various settings to default so that they are in a known good state. Unfortunately, many have complained about the System Restore option being reset to Disabled (this is the Windows default).

As for your previous restore points, that's to be expected. You can't restore to a previous restore point on a previous OS version. All the baseline files are different, and you would be restoring settings for the old OS if you were to somehow be able to restore it.

Think of it like a Bookmark or favorite, but they've moved the location to a different URL. Restoring the old favorite only points you to somewhere that doesn't exist anymore.

As for #2, your update history is gone because again, it's a fresh OS, and previous updates are all integrated into the OS now, not patches. Those old updates don't apply to the new OS anymore.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59127-update-history-missing-after-win10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

For the last few weeks, my computer has been trying to install an update that is not installing. I am not sure if I have gotten a virus or if it's an easy fix? I have run Malwarebytes & SUPERAntispyware. Not sure what to do to fix it. Please help.

Thanks,
Michelle

A:Windows Update is stuck...

Michelle:

I'm a fairly new member myself so can't offer much help, but I would suggest you browse this and the XP forums for this very topic.  I realize your problem and theirs are probably quite different, call for different solutions, but perhaps you can become familiar with the various things that can happen - while you are waiting for more expert guidance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520038/windows-update-is-stuck/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all,

Last night I decided to update from IE7 to IE8. Everything seemed to be going fine, it finished installing, and then I rebooted my laptop.

I opened up IE and on the only tab it opened, it just said "Connecting" forever.

Also, down in my system tray, the yellow shield for Windows Update appeared. However, if you run your mouse over it, all it says is "Downloading: 0%" forever.

It's not my internet connection. I have rebooted several times, and have received the same result every time.

Also, not sure if this is related, but every time I reboot, I receive an error message. I meant to write it down, but forgot. It says something about having trouble loading the .dll file.

Please help. Thank you!

A:IE8, Windows Update stuck at 0%

Oh yeah, I meant to mention that I am using my office computer to post this. If the solution requires downloading something off the internet, I doubt I'd be able to do that considering the problems I am having. Thanks again!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie8-windows-update-stuck-at-0.806893/
Relevancy 52.03%

windows update was also constantly searching for updates, and my pc hadn't been updated for about 7months, nothing seemed to work to get it going, i had windows set to download updates but let me choose wether to install them , so just out of curiosity i went to change settings and set windows update to installupdates automatically (recomended) , did a restart for the changes to take effect, and amazingly about 156 updates started to work, all downloaded and installed, and now fully up to date, will now see if i can get this windows 10 without it sticking on 99% . this worked for me, but if you have windows update set to update automatically already, perhaps if you changed this to download updates but let me choose wether to install them ,and do a restart, then change it back to installupdates automatically (recomended) and restart, maybe it will kick it into life.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397123-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all,

Last night I decided to update from IE7 to IE8. Everything seemed to be going fine, it finished installing, and then I rebooted my laptop.

I opened up IE and on the only tab it opened, it just said "Connecting" forever.

Also, down in my system tray, the yellow shield for Windows Update appeared. However, if you run your mouse over it, all it says is "Downloading: 0%" forever.

It's not my internet connection. I have rebooted several times, and have received the same result every time.

Also, not sure if this is related, but every time I reboot, I receive an error message. I meant to write it down, but forgot. It says something about having trouble loading the .dll file.

Please help. Thank you!

Relevancy 52.03%

Again today my fan starts blowing like a hairdyer, and I knew what it was. Updates.

Strange because I decided to turn off auto-update altogether so as to avoid this, but it still happened.

Several hours later 16 important updates, and the only one ticked was Windows 10 even though I have been trying to get it to stop harassing me all the time.

IF I decide to upgrade it'll be at the last minute, when I decide to.

Anyway, I've spent a day trying to get these updates to updates but they keep hanging and failing and I have work I need to do!

A:Stuck on Windows Update again

Hi
You might review this
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3095675

Sounds like 10 is scheduled already
If it shows as a update right click and hide the win-10 update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/397371-stuck-windows-update-again.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Last night, my computer automatically ran Windows Update when I turned it off.
Now, this morning, it doesn't get past the 'Welcome' message when booting up.

First, I tried to boot in safe mode and run system restore, but the oldest restore point did not fix the problem. It even made it worse, because now I cannot even boot into safe mode any more. It just stays stuck on a black screen with only the mouse cursor visible.

Then I tried to pres F8 and run system repair, but this also did nothing to help me.
Finally, I tried booting up from my windows disc and repairing, but also nothing. Also, I cannot do an upgrade from the disc. Only thing that is possible is a clean install, which I really don't want cause I'll lose all my preferences and installed programs.

What else can I do?

A:Windows 7 stuck on Welcome after update

Well; unfortunately; since you have already tried all the obvious ways of possibly returning the system to normal but nothing works; you may have no choice but to do a clean install of windows. I hope you have at the very least remembered to back up anything important you know you want/need to keep. It sounds to me like something either got corrupted in the windows update process or something else along those lines happened causing this to happen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355763-windows-7-stuck-welcome-after-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm running Vista 64 bit and my computer was running slowly, so I tried to restart. When doing so, the screen came up that says "Please do not power off or unplug your machine. Installing update 15 of 18". It has been stuck on this screen for a very long time. I am not able to move the cursor, access the start menu, open task manager, nothing. I did read some other posts about ways to problem solve, but I'm not able to get anything to open so those options don't work for me. I did remove the battery and turn the computer off completely, but when turned back on and battery put back in, the same screen comes up. Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Windows stuck on update

Welcome
See if you can boot into safe mode. If not
Using another computer try to make this CD
Then see if you problem computer will boot from it to solve the problem
If you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options. Choose an option tht will not cause you to lose your stuff.

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/290990-windows-stuck-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Greetings for new year to everyone.

Security update for flash Player is stuck on 23 percent from few days though I am using a good Internet connection.Have tried the troubleshooter says Windows update components must be repaired but when I try to repair them I get Folders are currently in use.
New here and not sure if this is placed in correct place.

A:Windows update stuck

Originally Posted by Shubham1239

Greetings for new year to everyone.

Security update for flash Player is stuck on 23 percent from few days though I am using a good Internet connection.Have tried the troubleshooter says Windows update components must be repaired but when I try to repair them I get Folders are currently in use.
New here and not sure if this is placed in correct place.

Looks like you aren't stopping the service.
Use this tutorial that should auto set the things for you.

How to Reset Windows Update in Windows 10
New year greetings to you too

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35930-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My husband's netbook is having issues with Windows Update. It started out okay, but got stuck at 30%. We tried rebooting, but it didn't help. Currently, he can get to the login screen but then the computer just says 'please wait' and sits on a black screen. I've tried using system restore, but for some reason it was turned off and it has no former state to go back to. I've tried chkdsk but that didn't help. I've tried startup repair but it said it didn't find anything wrong. And I've heard that there may be a way to manually install the update that was causing the problems, but Windows Update won't start in safe mode. So I'm not sure what else to do. Thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

Newly installed Windows 7 on an HP laptop. 24 hours later, after logging out, it said updates needed. No problem there, except there were 234 updates needed.! I didn't turn it off, just left it overnight to do its thing. This morning, it's installing update 100... and has been for the past 4 hours. I powered down, waited 20 seconds, powered back up, to the same page. "Installing update 100 of 234"... I don't know what to do now.?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400771-windows-7-stuck-update-100-234-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I hope someone can help me out please.
My wife's laptop running windows 8 went into windows update. 4 hours later it was still stuck on update 1 of 1 so we tried a number of things to get it to work.
Pressing CTRL-Alt-Del doesn't do anything
Powered off the computer and turned it back on and it was still stuck in the same spot
Powered off the computer, took the battery out, waited for a while then put it back in, turned it back on and it's still stuck in the same spot.

I can't find a way to get into a "Safe mode" start up as as soon as i turn the computer on i get the blue update screen again.

Any other ideas on how to get it unstuck?

Thanks,

A:Stuck on Windows update

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

By stuck at 1 of 1, I would assume you mean the blue Windows update screen before the desktop?

Do you have a Windows 8 CD?

How long did you leave it after you rebooted the PC?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/stuck-on-windows-update-893322.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just had windows 7 home premium 64 reinstalled, after having new hard drive installed by technician.
I have managed to download IE11 again and all of the updates for it have succeeded. I am now trying
to download the rest of the updates 224 of them, but am unable to do so. I have started at the oldest,
which looks like the net.framework 3.5.1 updates, and I have let it go for about an hour, and nothing happens. I have already named the Software Distribution folder as Software Distribution old. and started
again, but the same thing occurs. Hope someone can help me. Windows Update must be okay to be able
to do all of the IE11 updates, and it did not sit at 0% just took of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/389561-windows-update-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Been waiting for 2 hours for download 144Mb updates and not yet finish. My internet just run normally but the update stuck at 71%
Here some screenshots.

Thanks in advance

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61579-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Shut down my computer as usual and windows update started, but this time, it gets stuck at 4/40 o.o it's been well over 3 hours now and I have stuff to do, what should I do? The first response I got elsewhere was that the update will just restart if I unplugged, but then I did more research and it seems that I might likely get a corrupted windows... What should I do now? BTW it's in the install step(not download) and the circle thingy is still turning.

Thanks

A:What do I do if Windows Update gets stuck?

Quote: Originally Posted by BenSow

Shut down my computer as usual and windows update started, but this time, it gets stuck at 4/40 o.o it's been well over 3 hours now and I have stuff to do, what should I do? The first response I got elsewhere was that the update will just restart if I unplugged, but then I did more research and it seems that I might likely get a corrupted windows... What should I do now? BTW it's in the install step(not download) and the circle thingy is still turning.

Thanks

Hello Ben,

To be quite honest, by the sounds of it there is not a lot left to do. There is no way of interrupting it except to force a shutdown. There is a risk here, however, the chance of your computer failing to start I think is quite low.

To force a restart of your computer press and hold the power button on the front of your computer for 10 seconds, until the screen goes blank. Do not use the power switch at the wall, the reason being that the former allows the hardware to shutdown safely, and allows the hard disks to spin down and return to housing safely.

Then try to restart your computer. In the very unlikely event that something goes wrong while booting, please note it down on paper, and send it to me.

Otherwise, please download to a safe location, and install, the System Update Readiness Tool from here: Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

Now please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/188365-what-do-i-do-if-windows-update-gets-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Long story short, i just installed a clean copy of genuine windows 7 home premium. I let it update and what not but after coming back to look at the computer from awhile of being out, I realized it had been stuck on installing one of the updates (at least 20 had already been successfully installed). I figured i'd stop it and restart the comp and let it continue. Now it won't download any updates it just gets stuck at 0% everytime no matter what updates i pick. I'm using wireless internet but I even tried while it was connected straight up with the ethernet cable for optimum internet speed and still stuck at 0%. I've tried rebooting multiple times but still nothing. I am really trying to avoid having to reinstall the OS again. Anyone have an idea?

A:windows update stuck at 0%

Easy way
Reinstall, and from now on set update to notify. Do one or two at a time and you will not have a problem.
Iknow you said that you do not want to reinstall, but thats what I would do.

Others are going to come along and give you suggestions on how to fix the problem. Some will work others will not. You can be reinstalled in 30 minutes. When you are up and working make an image of the OS and put it away, for problems just like this. You can use the copy and be up and ready in a few minutes, programs and all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/111016-windows-update-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I've been working on a client's computer for a while and none of these problems apparently started before Microsoft Office multiple versions were installed Among other now-resolved issues is the problem with Windows Update I've uninstalled and removed all traces of Microsoft office but none of it has helped Windows update will continue on forever yes I left it on overnight and it's STILL searching I've been working on this for a couple of days and am honestly out of ideas even after scouring the web I have several log files linked below including the stuck update Windows CBS log which the error seems to point to Most specifically Handler FATAL UH x EvaluateApplicability failed in CCbs EvaluateApplicability Things I've tried System Restore not many points available but tried nonetheless sfc scannow resolves some issues but reports that it's unable to repair Windows update stuck all detected issues Windows Startup Repair with a new windows disc Safe Mode with the steps Windows update stuck above Of course virus and malware scan and a host of other stuff that I can't remember right now I need my coffee If you have ANY suggestions let me know For reference it's an old Lenovo Thinkpad x Tablet with Windows bit installed I'd REALLY rather avoid formatting so please don't suggest it EVERYTHING else is working great except the windows update I see no other problems with the machine at this point Log files Windows Update Log https www dropbox com s tey a o do pdate log dl scroll to the bottom for yesterday evening's date and time Some of the issues above that point have been resolved CBS Logs https www dropbox com s egx nvnvy ia CBS rar dl Whole folder for your reference CBS Scan Log https www dropbox com s fkghmckka scan txt dl Not very current in regards to the others but attached nonetheless

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/391385-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

got new surface pro 3 yesterday. got it loaded up today. ran check for updates and it found 43 I needed to download and install.did that, restarted and they all supposedly installed.
I go back to check for updates to make sure I got them all, but when I click on check for updates, it spins like it checking,but never stops spinning. I let it spin for an hour until I finally gave up. I restarted several times with same results.

Ideas?

A:windows update stuck

Try using the Windows Update applet from the "old" control panel versus WU from the modern control panel - a lot of times there are messages or issues pending that the modern applet doesn't show (and just sits spinning) that you would otherwise see when running WU from the "old" Windows Update applet in the old control panel directly.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58754-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi i recently did a factory reset on my PC . Everything is going well except that windows update takes forever , i took a 30 minute shower and it was still going ,i tried to use a wireless connection to see if that works but it didn't .i tried to see if going to safe mode helped but it didn't . do i need to do something else or should i wait more?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385270-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi! I recently got a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 64. Everything worked fine until I updated using windows update, when I start windows I get stuck at the wallpaper and if I try to use "CTR alt del" everything goes black (can't se the cursor either).
This is what iv tried:
* restart w/o update (everything works fine then)
* not even do the update (same thing happened when I try to install graphic drivers) I think it said something about .Net framework failing.

IM kind of new at troubleshooting this kind of problems so if iv missed any important details please let me know.

I hope you guys can help me.

/Sigurtt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383913-windows-stuck-after-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

As the title says, I can't get windows update to complete. Initially, I could get Windows Update to display the current available updates, but when selecting them, Widows Update would hang at 0% downloading. After looking online, I came across a recommendation to go into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all of the contents. After doing that, Windows Update now displays a red X, and will not even show available updates- it just hangs at looking for updates. Related to this, Microsoft Security Essentials cannot update either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631190/windows-update-stuck/
Relevancy 52.03%

I just bought a desktop computer. Per usual, as soon as I booted it up, Windows began downloading and installing about 30-some windows updates. When installing, it got to 13 of 30 (.NET update of some kind) and stopped. Over an hour goes by and no progress. I finally tried to "Stop Installation" - thinking that I could reboot and continue installation...but now it just says "Please do not power off or unplug your machine. Installing update 13 of 30." And, as before, nothing appears to be happening.

Advice? Turn off computer and reboot anyway? Wait another few hours?

Being as this is literally the result of the first time I turned the computer on, I'm seriously considering retuning it...but that's probably just my current extreme frustration talking. Obviously, when you pay a lot for something you would expect that it wouldn't fizzle out on the very first use.

Thanks in advance!

T

A:Windows Update Stuck

Try to click view updates or something right below install updates.

There try to install one update at a time. If you find the one that doesn't install, skip it and check the rest.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/239830-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

while updating my HP Pavilion 15-n233tx laptop to windows 10,in 29% its restart and show hp long time ,no any continue

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/stuck-update-windows-10/td-p/5795625
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Anyone help with this one - how to download latest updates?

Yes W10 installed October, last successful update early November.

Now when try to install update shows downloading updates at 2% and no movement..been like this for a couple days now.

On the Details it shows:-

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586
Waiting for installation
Security Update.......
Waiting for download
Windows malicious software removal tool.....
Waiting for download
Cumulative update for windows....
Waiting for download

Thanks,
Pete

A:Windows 10 Update stuck on 2% ?

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, two days installing at 2% is a problem. Normally you would not interrupt, but it's safe to insist now is an exception.

I would try using the front panel reset button on your PC first. If unresponsive, try a hard boot by pressing your front-panel power button for about ten seconds. If neither of those work, shut off the power supply.

Hopefully it will reboot normally.

Before running Windows Update again, check for errors by opening an elevated command prompt and running sfc \scannow. If errors are detected, Windows will attempt to correct them. Should it be unable to fix problems, you will need to use DISM to try and fix it.

If you haven't backed up, now would be a great time to do so! Also, if you're not allowing Windows to manage and update your drivers, you might want to allow it to do so before attempting the update again.

If the scan returns cleanly, then you can go ahead and try the update again.

If it hangs again, you might try an in-place installation (reset). First download an iso of the most recent installation file. When performing the reinstall, keep your programs, settings and files. Allow Windows to retrieve updates during the installation process. It should automatically install the latest version 1511 build 10586.29.

I hope it goes better this time!

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33160-windows-10-update-stuck-2-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi
I just did a system reset (and formatted the disk that had windows on it), after starting everything was okay until i ran windows update - it showed that there are a few updates, it downloads all of them except the last one - "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series." - it has been stuck at "Downloading updates 99%" for at least 2 hours now, and restarting the computer doesn't help. It's worthy to note that my AMD driver is already installed and up to date!

I am now running an sfc scan and i will update this post as soon as it is done.
Until then - do you have any other suggestions?
update: it found corrupt files and fixed them but still gets stuck at 99%.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58912-windows-update-stuck-99-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey Guys,

I have a brand new laptop with Windows 8.  I tried to run windows update and it sees that I have updates to install but the installation gets stuck at 0% and 0Kb.  If I try to install only one update, it gets stuck at 99%.  I know this is a common issue but no one seems to have a definite way of fixing this.  Can anyone help???

Thanks,
Centuck

A:Windows 8 Update stuck

What error code are you receiving when this happens?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514988/windows-8-update-stuck/
Relevancy 52.03%

How to Windows to How stuck fix update a fix a stuck Windows update TechRadar How to fix a stuck Windows update Operating system updates are a necessary evil like taxes and car MOTs they can be a real chore but they re essential for a happy and peaceful life You might not care for Windows updates but they keep you protected squash nasty bugs and generally How to fix a stuck Windows update keep the OS How to fix a stuck Windows update running as smoothly as possible Read on to learn how to fix How to fix a stuck Windows update common problems with Windows updates Including the following methods Launch Windows in Safe Mode Safe Mode is like a restart with extras only the very basic apps and code that Windows needs to run are loaded into memory so there s even less chance of a rogue damaged file interfering with the update Delete the Windows Update file cache yourself If Windows own troubleshooter doesn t work see step then you can try and carry out the same process yourself manually stopping the Windows Update service deleting the temporary files it s created then starting Windows Update again It s a little more involved but it s not difficult to do Read the full article at the link at the top of the page nbsp

A:How to fix a stuck Windows update

Thanks for the post

(and for all your threads about how to resolve problems linked to Windows anniversary update )

https://malwaretips.com/threads/how-to-fix-a-stuck-windows-update.62214/
Relevancy 52.03%

The computer is trying to install the windows 10 update. It's getting stuck at 71% complete.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438874-windows-10-update-getting-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Newly installed Windows 7 on an HP laptop. 24 hours later, after logging out, it said updates needed. No problem there, except there were 234 updates needed.! I didn't turn it off, just left it overnight to do its thing. This morning, it's installing update 100... and has been for the past 4 hours. I powered down, waited 20 seconds, powered back up, to the same page. "Installing update 100 of 234"... I don't know what to do now.?

A:Windows 7 stuck at update 100 of 234.!

Thank you for the tip. Unfortunately, I cannot download or install anything, as I can't access my laptop, due to it being stuck on the 100th update. And I can't dowload from this tablet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400771-windows-7-stuck-update-100-234-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So, this is a fresh install of 7 Pro x64 and it won't update. It is stuck on "Checking for Updates". My first question is, should there be a process in Task Manager related to WU? Because it doesn't look like there is.

FSG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-stuck-1117362.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have windows xp sp2 and i have turned on windows update and can see 46 updates in add/remove program but now the update is stuck at 65% and just starts for a few seconds and then disappears after system startup... how can i get it going ... to recieve the latest update...

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi had to take my Dell Windows 7  laptop back to factory setting and now am trying to instal the windows update so far it's been searching for 5hours and still searching is this normal
The laptop is 5 years old

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632365/windows-update-stuck/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey everyone!! So far no real issue's to report running Windows 10 I really love it but here is my issue. Windows update has been stuck at 45% for the last 3 hour's and usually my updates go pretty quick. I've tried rebooting my system to see if the updates will finish installing but then it goes right back to 45% and stay's there. Any idea's as to what may of happened?

A:Windows update stuck at 45%

I'm still having the same problem. Anyone have any idea's?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/22579-windows-update-stuck-45-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Please do not power off or unplug your machine
Installing update 4 of 140 ..

It's been stuck at update 4 for 4 hours now why is it like that is something wrong with it

Hp touch smart 600-1350
Windows 7 home premium

A:Windows stuck on update

There can be a number of reasons - if it's still stuck, reboot, and follow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/310452-windows-stuck-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

New HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 7. Shut it down for the first time this morning and Windows has been trying to install updates for about 2 hours now. It is stuck on 3#. Should it take this long? Also installed Office 2007 so that has to update too.

A:Windows 7 Update stuck on #3 of 34

Leave it go for another couple of hours.
Then, if it still hasn't finished, press and hold the power button until it turns off.

Disconnect from the internet and turn it back on.
Does it work OK?
Make a System Restore Point
Then connect to the internet and attempt to run Windows Update
What happens?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-update-stuck-on-3-of-34-a-447831.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Just as the title says. It is stuck on 0%. I waited for 30 minutes but no changes.
Except for totally random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED).

One thing which I noticed was that it still wanted me to install updates while shutting down my computer.

A:Windows update stuck on 0%

The random BSOD may well be caused by a RAM stick that is physically damaged.

Have a look for any obvious signs then run a memory test.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

If any updates want to install on shutdown, just let them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/230372-windows-update-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I noticed the little windows update avatar on the bottm right on my Windows so decided Update 7 Stuck Windows to check out what the updates are and selected the important update and optional Then it appeared that the update initiated but only stated complete and data downloading I waited for about minutes still nothing and then shut the program down and rebooted After I rebooted it took almost times as long to boot up to my desktop It starts up as normal with the cmos info etc then the standard blue windows default opening screen with the little circle like Windows 7 Update Stuck the old hour-glass showing that something is happening then the Windows 7 Update Stuck screen goes black for a few Windows 7 Update Stuck minutes then finally boots up to the desktop Next I tried to manually go to the control panel and scroll down to windows updates when I click on it all it does is get stuck and I am unable to close the windows update window either manually or through task manager I eventually have to restart in order to get rid of the windows and control panel windows So if anyone has any suggestions how to resolve this one I would be truly grateful Thank you very much in advance for your help

A:Windows 7 Update Stuck

but only stated 0% complete and 0 data downloading. I waited for about 15 minutesThis always depends on the number of programs/browsers using the shared bandwith at the same time. It's somehow normal usually running windows updates in the background. I just let windows transfer the update while using the computer. However, there is a chance that your computer might be infected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453552/windows-7-update-stuck/
Relevancy 52.03%

I tried to reset my computer today after years of using it without any sort of re-formatting and all three times the reset got stuck on before a blue screen appeared and said that an error occurred It would then give me the options of either a returning back to my windows with nothing changed b Trying to reset again c advanced options I tried the reset times and after the last try failed I went to advanced options to look at other ways to approach the issue such as checking if there were any restore points that I could restore to which there were none After that didn't work I clicked on the first option of just returning back to my windows and that was when it would not start up anymore My computer now is stuck on a infinite loop of the launch screen of the ASUS logo it flashes then goes onto the second ASUS logo and this is all it does go round and round I tried to boot it on F F the ASUS recovery button and the 'delete' button NOTHING WORKS I finally tried F which led me to the BIOS page And I clicked on the boot tab and disabled the first boot configuration option and still to no avail It returned to looping and when trying F F after disabling that BIOS option and it still won't do anything but loop Any ideas

A:Win10 factory reset failed 3 times. Stuck on startup loop now

Obviously you have another computer that is working.
The following is to do a Clean Install Of Windows 10.
Use the link below and download the current Windows 10 ISO file > then burn it to a bootable media ( DVD or USB ).
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/techbench

Note : make sure you select the same language, and bit version as your Asus computer.

Take the bootable media to your Asus computer > go to the Bios ( F2 key ) > set the boot order to CD/DVD or USB (depending on which bootable media you are using ) > insert the media > restart computer.
Installation will begin.
You will be asked for a product key. Click the Skip option ( or a "I do not have a product key" option ) and continue.
Activation should be automatic.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38439-win10-factory-reset-failed-3-times-stuck-startup-loop-now.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My Windows 8.1 update is stuck on APPLYING CHANGES 63%. Hasn't moved in over an hour. Anyone else have this problem?

A:Windows 8.1 Update Stuck on Applying Changes

UPDATE - I clicked on Cancel Update after over an hour of it stuck, in hopes it will just reinstall...hitting cancel will start the download over...HEADS UP.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/245983-windows-8-1-update-stuck-applying-changes.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Windows Update has become erratic, currently gets stuck in the "looking for updates" phase. I have followed the instructions on this forum titled "Windows Update Posting Instructions." Ran the SURT with no issues reported. The SFC scan came back clean as well. There are no error codes like the example shown, on the WU screen, but at one point there was a pop-up box (I believe in conjunction with Windows Update Standalone Installer) with error 0x8024001e which may or may not now be resolved. The MS Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool has not helped. Also along the way I was advised to install Hotfix for Windows KB947821, which I did. Compressed CBS file will not upload to this post because it is too large (about 6MB).

All this is way above my pay grade as a non-tech user, but I think I have followed the instructions correctly. Any wisdom greatly appreciated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397173-windows-update-gets-stuck-looking-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey, anyone experience Windows 7 taking a very long time to check for updates, and more importantly getting stuck at 0% downloading. Unfortunately this is the last day for the free upgrade, and it looks like I'm stuck not being able to install it. I don't have a blank HD to frantically install Win 7 on, and then Win 10...

Things I've checked, my internet connection is strong, BITS service and Windows Update service is running, registry setting for OS upgrade hasn't been messed with. I have 35GB free on my OS drive.

Back in January I had changed Windows update to notify me of updates, but not install them. I recently changed that back.

Any thoughts? Am I screwed.....

A:Windows 7 won't update to 10 - stuck at 0% downloaded

Edit: I was working on this post/guide when you made the second post above so, it seems you got it kickstarted to some degrees. If you're serious about the SCSI drivers well, good luck with that too. Anyway, here's what I wrote - no sense deleting all of it at this point, the info could help someone else.

---------------------

You're going through the same issues a few million others have with Windows 7 the past 6 months or so, all of it carefully orchestrated by Microsoft (my personal belief) to frustrate users of Windows 7 specifically and push them over an edge to get them to upgrade to Windows 10. There's no legitimate reason Windows Update should be as slow as it is, with a patchwork of little files being dribbled out to the masses that supposedly fix the problems with the slow updates, one of them breaks something the previous one fixes so then they push another one, then another, and another and so on.

There's not much you can do overall except apply a few of them (if you haven't already) but it's not a guarantee. And with this being the very last day now (since it's July 29th in the Pacific time zone which is what Microsoft runs by) that means the sheer amount of network traffic hitting them today will be phenomenal with all those trying their best to get the Windows 10 free upgrade offer locked in place. The downside?

You're not going to get it to go much faster at this point but you can work on it. Check out:

AskWoody

and look for links to the updates related to the slow Windows Update performance. There are several that will need to be installed (if they're not already) and they can be downloaded from the Microsoft Knowledge Base articles directly (since Windows Update isn't going to work properly without them). The main ones you'll want to get are:

and there could be one or two others that Woody's blog/website there will list. Each one of those KB numbers is the Microsoft Knowledge Base article ID so, the URL will be in this format (I had to insert the spaces to keep the forum software from automagically creating a link but you get the idea):

https : //support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/<the article number>

Visit each one, grab the update (it might be a direct download link from that page itself, it could bump you to another page with the download link) based on your version (32 bit or 64 bit) and once you have all of them go offline - this is somewhat relevant because if you don't when you attempt to install these updates they will automagically try to check for any updates to THOSE updates from Windows Update so you can see how that won't work very well.

Grab all of them, install them one by one (the order really doesn't matter even though some folks will say it does. If an update is already installed it will tell you, if it's not then it may say it needs to reboot afterward - DON'T REBOOT until all of them are fully installed. Once the last one is installed at that point do a full system reboot, then hit Windows Update once again.

If things work as expected (and I've done that maybe 150 times in the past 2 months on client machines), the longest you should have to wait before it shows any updates is 10 minutes, perhaps no more than 15 at worst. If it doesn't do much after 15 minutes then you're going to be stuck like most everyone else hoping it works.

As for Windows 10, if you don't have that installed yet you can grab the ISO directly from the Techbench - mind you it won't be the Anniversary Update (which is currently available for Release Preview members and will be available on Tuesday if things go as scheduled for general wide release) but it will be Windows 10 (build 1511 from Feb 2016 aka Threshold 2). Grab the ISO, use that to do an upgrade install to get the free upgrade locked in before midnight Pacific time today (July 29th) and you're good to go, hopefully.

I'd... Read more

https://hardforum.com/threads/windows-7-wont-update-to-10-stuck-at-0-downloaded.1906417/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
your windows 10 updates along with previous windows 8 continue to disappoint.
unfortunately there seems to be no way to avoid updates despite setting up metered connection etc. and once I finally agreed to run the update it got stuck at 91% after literally running for more than 12 hours. I really don't want to spend my time in forums trying to figure out a way to keep my pc running as it is - could you please advice the easiest way to solve this issue or avoid the update from being forced at all?
Thanks

A:windows 10 anniversary update stuck at 91%

Hi and welcome to windows central.
The fast and easier way to update to anniversary update is to use media creation tool from Microsoft website and make a bootable disc then update your system. This is the best practice as there is minimal chance of your system getting stuck on or during the update.
If you want to ignore the anniversary update on windows 10 PC , simply go to advanced setting under update and tick the box next to Differ Updates, this will enable you to get the threshold 2 future cumulative builds and ignore the anniversary update altogether.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442897-windows-10-anniversary-update-stuck-91%25.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So, I got a clean Windows 7 computer. Then, I used the update thing, so thing are up to date. I downloaded and installed it, then it told me to restart the computer. I did, and now it just stays at the "Getting ready to configure Windows, don't turn off your computer." more than an hour now. That might not be the exact sentence, as the language is different.

So, what should I do?

Relevancy 51.6%

I just reformatted today and are currently trying to install the SP1 and all the other updates for Win 7 and they all went fine but for some reason SP1 seems to be stuck at 75% and hanging. I reformatted once then when it did this previously today I did it again thinking maybe the Windows got corrupt during the install. It's at installing update 1 of 1 on SP1 and has been trying to install since 7:03 and it's now 8:34. Anyone know how I could go about fixing this?

A:Windows Update stuck at installing SP1

I all soo got this problem today, remained stuck at 50% tryed 3 times even left it for 5hours same rezult, but if I restart it installs the sp1, but didn't know if it was full so I uninstalled and tryed again and again, & it can't bypass, even disabled uac know & same rezult. I wonder if I uninstall all updates I can it will work or not. May be I shuld go for the manual sp1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/174774-windows-update-stuck-installing-sp1.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I've just renewed Mcafee on my parent's computer with an activation key bought from a store The key worked the software downloaded and during the installation process an update was 7) Update (Windows Mcafee Stuck after done to check previous versions of Mcafee But when we rebooted after the installation Mcafee won't start at all when we click on it and it's interrupted some other programs too When Stuck after Mcafee Update (Windows 7) I downloaded the MCPR tool nothing happens when I click on it I realise that this may have something to do with windows update as the latest updates were not installed my folks have trouble understanding them and panic every time they show up so I try to load windows update through Stuck after Mcafee Update (Windows 7) the control centre and nothing appears in the window I try to load a microsoft fix it tool which downloads but again this doesn't open It's also affecting programs like Windows Live Mail which doesn't open And although we can connect to the internet the Network Stuck after Mcafee Update (Windows 7) and Sharing Center isn't showing the wifi signal but is constantly a blue rotating circle I have tried to open Windows Defender through task manager but again it's just a blue circle Do you have any ideas on how I can get the troubleshooters I download to start running Thanks Paul

A:Stuck after Mcafee Update (Windows 7)

If you are not able to download anything, then the issue is more likely related to Windows and not McAfee, especially since this started after a Windows Update. Have you tried running the built in troubleshooter?You can also download Microsoft Fixit tools from another computer, save to a usb stick, transfer to the computer with issues and then run them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619094/stuck-after-mcafee-update-windows-7/
Relevancy 51.6%

I had to reinstall windows and I ran a restore from a backup I made and I think that might have messed up Windows Update I know there's checking Windows stuck update a way to delete the cache or data folder and make Windows Update like new again if that Windows update stuck checking makes any sense Or reset it I just forget how What do you suggest It's been checking for the last minutes I ran a few troubleshooters from Microsoft and they said they fixed it but they didn't I got error and I'm checking online to see what to do right now I did a CMD prompt and I stopped wuauserv and did this rd s q systemroot SoftwareDistribution old I also downloaded a file from Microsoft to fix Windows update And I even left the thing on to check for updates for a good hour But all it does is have the little green line move left to right saying that it's checking for updates and I'm sitting here waiting I think I'm going to download the Tweaking com Windows Repair tool What's weird is that quot System quot says I have Service Pack Am I just impatient or is this an actual problem I restarted my PC and it's been checking for the last half hour

A:Windows update stuck checking

Probably not the solution but to commiserate I Upgraded a WinVista 32-bit computer to Win7 yesterday then install SP1. That went well so I started the update process and like yours did not go beyond that same screen so I left it running overnight. This morning I had update telling me there were 228 updates to do, 4 hours later it is installing number 145 of that 228. May be finished late today?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/387970-windows-update-stuck-checking.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3176493) and Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172729) are "Downloading"

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool for Windows 8, 8.1, 10 and Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 x64 Edition - August 2016 (KB890830) and Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3172729) are Waiting to Install.

What is going on, how do I get it to proceed?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59905-windows-10-update-download-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

For two days my Windows Update progress has been stuck ay the installing stage and I can't get back to the 'check for updates' window but can for 'Update history'.

Is there a simple way to correct this 'freeze'?

Many thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74765-help-windows-update-progress-stuck.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All,

I recently moved to Windows 8.1 in my laptop and my Windows update gets stuck in Searching for Updates...

I did all the troubleshooting described in this page, several times:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058/en-us

I found another page that describes how to update Windows using PowerShell. This method is working fine with me, and I am getting updates. Here is the link:
[FIX] Windows Update Ran Into A Problem. Error Code 8024A008 - Kapil Sparks?

But this needs to be run manually. I wanted to get automatic updates.

Can somebody guide me here? Any other troubleshooting steps?

A:Windows update stuck on Searching...

Try what is seen here:

Windows 7 update fails with code 80070308 - Microsoft Community

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-update-stuck-on-searching-1007514.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an issue with my Windows XP Pro being stuck on the SAME two updates!!! it ALWAYS says it successfully installed but ALWAYS tells me it needs to install those two updates again 20 minutes later!!! and the update progress says

"Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 (KB2972105) (update 1 of 2)...

Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 (KB2979574) (update 2 of 2)... "

but it HAS been installing those SAME TWO updates for a couple of months now, it SAYS it was successful EVERY TIME, but INSISTS that it install again!!! I DON'T even know if it actually installed!!!

please help me get this installed and/or get the message to go away if/after it is installed

A:Windows Update STUCK on SAME TWO updates!!

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=44313
Download Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 on Windows Server 2003 from Official Microsoft Download Center

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-update-stuck-on-same-two-updates-971009.html
Relevancy 51.6%

HP Spectre x360Window 10 64-Bit I tried to shut down my computer and chose "update and shutdown". Windows goes to update and when its on the blue screen that says,  "Configuring updates for Windows 1012 % completeDo not turn off your computer It goes all the way up to 12% and then its stuck there for past hour. Any help/suggestions ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-10-Update-Stuck-Hangs-at-12/td-p/5769208
Relevancy 51.6%

Started a new notebook with windows 8.1 64bit installed. Chose local account.
Updater stuck. Then downloaded kb3135499 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=50796. Installation of kb3135499 stucks. Window keeps saying searching for updates on this computer. Cannot cancel the window.
Suggestions?
Thank you.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/76118-new-computer-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm on a fresh install of ultimate 64 right now, with 2 updates installed (KB978601,KB979309) and have 32 important updates to install but I cannot get any of them installed!

What happens is that during the 'configuring updates' after the system has rebooted it consistenly gets stuck on 15% and at the end it will revert the changes since it fails!

I don't want to run without any security updates, since I know that is simply stupid.

Please help me, thanks in advance!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi ,

i have tried multiple methods suggested all over the net , yet the update fails to proceed beyond 58% and this has been going on for the last 1 week..Any help?? The update seems to be Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124262). Is their a way to get past this , that is resume the download or just restart the whole thing from zero

Thanks

A:Windows Update Stuck at 58% - KB3124262

this worked for me
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-4a743e87e15c

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/39787-windows-update-stuck-58-kb3124262.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,
I previously posted a question under same topic and received 2 alternatives - 1) to copy the update on a bootable disk and 2) to differ updates in advanced settings.
Unfortuantely both doesnt work for me due to
1) I do not have a disk drive in my Samsung Series 5 Ultra book
2) I have windows for private use
Can you please come back with a third option?
Thank you!

A:windows 10 anniversary update stuck at 91%

It has a USB port, correct? You should be able to make a bootable USB flash drive (4GB+ required)... http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=9HADEBIK

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442925-windows-10-anniversary-update-stuck-91%25.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I updated my old laptop to Win 10 and got the anniversary update last month. Now update is stuck on KB22607602. It says 'updates are available' and downloads the update to Windows Defender definition, then repeats.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63685-windows-update-stuck-kb2267602.html