Windows Support Forum

hp pavillion TS sleekbook 14

Q: hp pavillion TS sleekbook 14

Please advise what is the replacement battery model I could use for HP Pavillion TS Sllekbbok 14 model??

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-pavillion-TS-sleekbook-14/td-p/5837090
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: hp pavillion TS sleekbook 14

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 73.53%

I recently purchased a 4G upgrade for my Pavillion Sleekbook 15, which currently has one 4G module already installed. The memory was purchased from Crucial: CT4059590 Brand: CrucialForm Factor: SODIMMTotal Capacity: 4GBSpecs: DDR3L PC3L-12800 ? CL=11 ? Unbuffered ? NON-ECC ? DDR3L-1600 ? 1.35V ?Series: CrucialWhen I install the new module (side note: lots of disassembly for a memory upgrade!) and reassemble, the additional 4G is not recognized. I went in again and swapped the positions of the modules, and it still booted fine but only 4G is recognized. Are there any additional settings I need to change to recognize the memory? Is there anything else I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavillion-Sleekbook-15-memory-upgrade-not-working/td-p/5653909
Relevancy 73.53%

I recently had to open the case and do some disassembly to upgrade my memory. After re-assembling the computer, my WiFi adapter is no longer recognized. When I go to Device Manager - Network Adapters I no longer even see the device in the list. I wonder if I missed something on the re-assembly? Everything else appears to work fine (except the memory upgrade didn't take, see this discussion). Can anyone suggest troubleshooting steps or specific things to check when I open up the computer? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavillion-Sleekbook-15-WiFi-not-recognized-after-opening/td-p/5653917
Relevancy 72.67%

I have disassembled my laptop to replace the hard drive, but I'm not completely sure if there is a SPECIFIC hard drive I need to buy for my product. If there is, what is it? If not, any suggestions on what type of hard drive to get? I'm sure I'm going to have to update it, so I believe I'll need some assistance with that as well.Here is the numbers of the removed hard drive.669299 - 005DC1390

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Pavillion 14-b109wm Sleekbook Hard Drive Replacement

THIS DOCUMENT lists the hard drives that were originally supported for that notebook - on page 10. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-14-b109wm-Sleekbook-Hard-Drive-Replacement/td-p/5090623
Relevancy 72.67%

So, my laptop's sound just randomly stops at points. Restarting my computer fixes the issue, but it happens again after some time. Also, whenever this happens, any video I'm watching, specifically on Youtube, seems to go into this permanent buffering mode. Is there anyway to fix this?  I'm running Windows 10 64-bit on an HP Pavillion Sleekbook 15.

A:HP Pavillion Sleekbook Sound Shuts Off, requires restart eac...

Hi @LegendSoma, Welcome to the HP Forums! You have come to the right place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community!  I have read that your HP Pavilion 15 Sleekbook is having issues with the Sound. I have checked and it seems that it could be a Flash Player issue. Here is something that might help. Here is a link to help resolve the speakers and sound not working correctly. The link to using the Windows troubleshooting tool is the best for this situation. If this does not help I would uninstall the Realtek HD Audio and any other that are listed in the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Sound video and games controller to expand that category.Right-click on he IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio and select Update Driver Software.Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driver.After the installation is complete, restart your Notebook. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution, this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!    Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavillion-Sleekbook-Sound-Shuts-Off-requires-restart-each/td-p/5588014
Relevancy 43%

Whenever I unplug my laptop it shuts off and does not turn on even though it is fully charged.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-Sleekbook-TS-14/td-p/5619820
Relevancy 43%

I have a HP ENVY M6 SLEEKBOOK. Everytime I turn on my computer it ask for an administrator password. I dont know it. After guessing it gives me a disabled code: 55577033. Can someone help with this Thanks  

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP ENVY M6 SLEEKBOOK

Hallo, Please try this code: 40455015 to unlock

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-ENVY-M6-SLEEKBOOK/td-p/5623169
Relevancy 42.57%

The official HP technical page about HP Sleekbook 15 b040-sl shows a 8GB of maximum amount of supported RAM.  The terminal command dmidecode -t memory shows a maximum amount of 16GB divided in two slots. Where is the truth? :-)

A:HP Sleekbook 15 b040-sl RAM upgrade

I would go with the Manual. The dmidecode is likely reading the chipset and often HP laptops are built not utilize all the capabilities of the chipset. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Sleekbook-15-b040-sl-RAM-upgrade/td-p/5698692
Relevancy 42.57%

I am continually frustrated by Windows 8 and want to see if I can downgrade the machine successfully. Does anyone know if this is possible as I am concerned driver availability may be an issue although I am hoping it will be possible to get most drivers for Win 7. Thanks in advance for your help,Malcolm

A:HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 15 downgrade to win 7

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue. The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer, inside the battery compartment or on the startup BIOS screen. Please see How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for more assistance locating this information. DO NOT include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and post it here for our review.  ****Disclaimer*****HP doesn't recommend the installation of Windows 7 on a consumer computer shipped with Windows 8, nor will it support the installation of Windows 7. HP will not provide Windows 7 drivers and suitable drivers may not be available for the hardware in the computer. Also, Windows 7 may not support some of the hardware or software features designed for the computer. Make sure you create your HP Recovery Discs or USB Flash Recovery media before modifying or changing ANYTHING.   You will need to DISABLE "Secure Boot" and ENABLE "Legacy Support" in the "BIOS Secure Boot configuration" on the settings page similar to what is shown below, before you can attempt to install Windows 7;  or  Additionally, as the hard drive is most likely partitioned as GPT, you may have to boot the computer using the "UEFI - CD/DVD drive" or "UEFI - USB Flash drive" options in the "F9" boot menu. If "UEFI - CD/DVD drive",  "UEFI - USB Flash drive" or something to that effect doesn't exist in the boot menu, please post a screen shot and/or descibe the listed boot options. I suggest using Windows 7 SP1 for the best intallation experience. If you need Windows SP1, please see "How to Install Windows 7 Without the Disc" to download and create your own Windows 7 SP1 disc. If the DVD refuses to boot as UEFI, you may need to use a USB Flash drive (may require DISABLING "Fast Boot" in the BIOS) as the installation media. Please download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool to create a Windows 7 SP1 USB Flash drive. Please note that some computers may not recognize a valid UEFI enabled USB Flash drive if it is formated as NTFS and may require a FAT32 formatted USB Flash drive. You should be able to make a FAT32 formatted Windows 7 installation USB Flash drive using Rufus, UNetbootin, Universal USB Installer, or WiNToBootic. I like Rufus, as it has options for "GPT partition scheme for UEFI computer" and "FAT32". Please provide the complete model name and product number as request above. Also post the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" (just the text string, please) for all remaining missing or unknown devices, as shown in the example below;  If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-TS-Sleekbook-15-downgrade-to-win-7/td-p/3722072
Relevancy 42.57%

Can i make an upgrade to my laptop ? i want to put another 4 Gb Ram....Can i do this? what tipe ofram i can use? thx

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-Sleekbook-15-B110Sq/td-p/5635618
Relevancy 42.57%

When  I strat or restart my  Hp Envy TS M6 k125dx sleekbook  I don't understand why  it restart or start only when  very fast I first press  on esc repeatly and after  on  Enter key.I was not like that at the beginning . How can I fix it ? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-envy-ts-me-k125dx-sleekbook/td-p/5742433
Relevancy 42.57%

My friend asked me to help because her laptop can't boot nbsp This is what I observed nbsp - Fan on lights on show error for battery asks to press esc to continue nbsp -Whether I choose to continue or not the laptop will start showing HP blue logo and thats the furthest it can go nbsp It then go back to the beginning and show error and asks whether to continue nbsp It keeps looping like HP can't b031us boot. 14 Sleekbook that nbsp -The caplocks LED flashes twice then off for abit then flash twice nbsp I read somewhere this indicates a problem with BIOS nbsp -When I go to boot menu I think by pressing F repeatedly during start up the only other option to boot is through IPv HP Sleekbook 14 b031us can't boot. IPv nbsp I chose this to see what happened nbsp The laptop then tried to connect to the servers and after a while said servers timeout nbsp There is no CD drive so the boot through CD is not an option nbsp -I HP Sleekbook 14 b031us can't boot. also tried BIOS reset by pressing the windows key the B key then the power buttong for secs nbsp It didn't help nbsp -I ran memory and HP Sleekbook 14 b031us can't boot. hardrive test and both said Passed nbsp Anyone know what the problem I am having here nbsp I believe it is BIOS but I don't know how to fix it As for the battery I can disconnect the battery plug the laptop using AC cable and run without battery nbsp Still problem persists nbsp Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Sleekbook-14-b031us-can-t-boot/td-p/5769333
Relevancy 42.57%

I have tried everything. i am reasonably confident its not malware, virus or spyware as I have run everthing from Panda to Sophos to Malwarebytes and they all come up clean.  I am running windows 8 and I have tried every trounbleshooter and manual process out there.  There are 2 items that I just found out that got deleted and they are the ROOT\BLUETOOTH_DEVICE\0000 and Sorry not ROOT\AUDIO......         its  ROOT\MEDIA\0000
Which I know is probably the issue but I do not have any idea where to find a clean version of those or if that is indeed the case.  

Can anyone help?

A:No sound on my HP Envy m6 Sleekbook

Sorry not ROOT\AUDIO......         its  ROOT\MEDIA\0000

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562213/no-sound-on-my-hp-envy-m6-sleekbook/
Relevancy 42.57%

UnKnown Devices on PCI Express Root Complex", following are my hardware Ids, kindly suggest a driver ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0004ACPI\HPQ0004*HPQ0004 

A:Unknown device HP sleekbook I-5

Hi, Try the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67280.exe Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unknown-device-HP-sleekbook-I-5/td-p/5776533
Relevancy 42.57%

I purchased a Hp Envy Sleekbook 6-1126sa back in January. About two months ago whilst i was opening my laptop the left hinge snapped off. Does anyone know where i can find replacement parts or where i can fix this problem. I have been told to send off my laptop to HP in Germany where they will find out if they can fix the problem but nothing is guaranteed?! is this the only option? thanks 

Relevancy 42.14%

HelloI have Pavilion TouchSmart 14-b114ee Sleekbook laptobp and i update the windows for windows 10 but touch screen not working and my laptop say that : no pen or touch input is available for this displayi taked a screenshot for my laptopplaese help me quickly.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-TouchSmart-14-b114ee-Sleekbook/td-p/5821975
Relevancy 42.14%

A week back i recieved this sleekbook notebook pc from my sister which has a dead hard drive Somehow i managed to backup the recovery partition using Macrium Reflect Then i bought a new hard drive and transfered the Recovery partition back to the the new hard drive using Macrium Reflect partition HP from recovery Does only boots Sleekbook ... the of But unfortunately it does not work F and does not work and i tried numerous ways to get this booted but all were unsucessful I tried UEFI mode and LEGACY both did not recognize the Recovery Partition nbsp I have managed to recover the Stock Hardrive of the system to a working level now my question is nbsp If i transfer the backup Recovery Image back to the original hard drive and tried to boot to the recovery mode will Does the recovery partition of HP Sleekbook only boots from ... it work Are the HP recovery managers hardcoded to the original stock hard drive nbsp I am asking this because opening the notebook again is a huge hassle If it's not going to work then there is no point I hope someone can shed a light on me in this

A:Does the recovery partition of HP Sleekbook only boots from ...

nofacemonster wrote:A week back i recieved this sleekbook notebook pc from my sister which has a dead hard drive. Somehow i managed to backup the "recovery" partition using "Macrium Reflect".  .....................Are the HP recovery managers hardcoded to the original stock hard drive?.....Hi, No, this won't work, you have to create Recovery set, not backup. You can't create recovery set from other software. Too late now. Please order a set from HP      http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143 You can then use recovery set using different HDD but it must be equal or larger (capacity) of the original HDD. Regards. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Does-the-recovery-partition-of-HP-Sleekbook-only-boots-from/td-p/5806295
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm pretty sure I'm convinced this is due to a crappy battery that I need to take care of but I've checked my memory and everything seems to be okay but my laptop keeps crashing every once in awhile and my battery won't charge (I've had it for almost three years).  I reboot the computer and everything is fine but it will still crash every couple of days or so.  Unfortunately today, it crashed four times today. Is this a battery problem and if so, where can I get a new laptop battery for cheap?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-HP-Pavilion-TouchSmart-15-Sleekbook-keeps-crashing/td-p/5614276
Relevancy 42.14%

Product Name - HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook Product Number - E X UA ABAOperating System - Windows Home -bit Version OS Build nbsp Problem - Touchscreen worked fine for years but now no longer responds to touch and has what appear to be two pencil-eraser-sized air bubbles in it nbsp When I touch the screen nothing happens It no longer displays a round circular print when you hold a finger to the screen although I have the box checked for the setting to display visual feedback when touching screen Tapping swiping pinching etc also have no effect nbsp At the same time as the touchscreen stopped working I noticed two blotches under the surface of the screen They are irregular ovoid shapes which when viewed from Windows 10, fun... HP 14, touchscreen not TS Sleekbook Pavilion the side appear to have dimension as if they are air bubbles inside the layer of the screen above the images on the screen They are each about the size of a pencil eraser and are transparent images and colors on the screen show through them but are slightly darker under them In the few days since I have noticed them they have not moved or changed size or shape Touching or swiping on them HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 14, Windows 10, touchscreen not fun... has HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 14, Windows 10, touchscreen not fun... no effect nbsp 'Print Screen' will not capture the blotches I took an embarrassing amount of time to recreate the approximate appearance of them using 'Paint' program and I will attempt to insert the picture below nbsp All other aspects of pc are functioning including keyboard inputting and selecting or HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 14, Windows 10, touchscreen not fun... dragging using the touchpad and its two buttons nbsp No error messages display nbsp Standard automatic updates done nbsp Screen is clean Screen has only ever been cleaned with specially designed 'Electronics Wipes' which say 'SAFE ON SCREENS ' on package nbsp Screen has not been scratched dropped heated cooled exposed to liquid or mistreated in any way nbsp PC was sitting on hard flat table when touchscreen stopped responding while I was using browser with my usual tabs open nbsp I wasn't doing any updating or downloading when the touchscreen stopped working I was just reading a tab in the browser with my eyeballs and noticed I could no longer scroll up or down the page using the touchscreen nbsp Tried using HP Support Assistant to diagnose the problem causing the unresponsive touchscreen None of its suggestions were useful nbsp I have NOT reset pc to factory settings or gone back to a previous restore point or changed the BIOS because I believe this is a hardware issue related to the blotches in the screen nbsp More information about what I've looked at and tried nbsp Device Manager gt HID-compliant touch screen gt General tab - shows ''Device status This device is working properly '' nbsp Device Manager gt HID-compliant touch screen gt Events tab - shows last event was '' PM - Device configured input inf '' nbsp Device Manager gt HID-compliant touch screen gt Driver tab - Driver Details says ''No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device '' nbsp Device Manager gt HID-compliant touch screen gt Driver tab - Update Driver says ''The best driver software for your device is already installed '' nbsp Updating Uninstalling Reinstalling drivers has had no effect nbsp Removed A C power and battery from unit held down power button for a minute to drain all power reinstalled battery and A C power and restarted No effect nbsp When I tried running HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI program on the touchscreen it did not display a 'Touchscreen' button under the component options for me to select though HP's postings show a 'Touchscreen' button on their diagnostic screen shots I ran diagnostics on other components and they found no errors nbsp To me the fact that I get no 'Touchscreen' button diagnostic option implies that this pc's touchscreen is no longer recognized as existing nbsp Howev... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-TS-Sleekbook-14-Windows-10-touchscreen-not/td-p/5806105
Relevancy 42.14%

I have this ultrabook which can't boot. it's win 8 and is constantly looping this sequence of HP logo first boot screen (msg 'please wait'),  "Preparing automatic repair" and "Your pc ran into problem and needs to restart".
Pressing F2 to enter test routines page. I ran start-up test, run-in test and a more comprehensive test (3rd one). All passed OK.

A:HP Pavilion sleekbook 14 fail to startup

Can you boot into safe mode?
Do you have the OS installation disk so you can boot from that?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568542/hp-pavilion-sleekbook-14-fail-to-startup/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi  I accidentally delete the recovery (in drive D), can i know what drivers should i download in order to restore my laptop to factory settings? I have seen plenty of drivers available in the Driver of HP Envy TouchSmart 14-k029tx Sleekbook, do i have to download all of that? Thanks  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-14-k029tx-Sleekbook/td-p/5650650
Relevancy 42.14%

My Laptop was win 8 and i installed win 7 . now i cant find any driver for win 7Please this is urgent 

A:HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15-b002ee win 7 drivers

hi: See if the drivers from this notebook model work on yours.  Do not use any of the BIOS or firmware files. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-14-3000-SPECTRE-Notebook-PC-series/5186830/m... You will also need to install the nvidia graphics driver... This package provides the driver that enables the NVIDIA High-Definition (HD) Graphics in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. If high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) video output is supported, this package also installs the HDMI Audio Driver. File name: sp59787.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-Sleekbook-15-b002ee-win-7-drivers/td-p/5750465
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everybody. A few days ago i changed my hard disk with a new ssd so i decided to install windows 10 in it, but now i can't connect with wifi. I tried to install the new drivers from windows update but nothing changed, so i used some website to find the latest drivers but there aren't. Now i fear that my pc doesn't support windows 10, but i'm not sure.Please can you help me? What can i do?Thanks everybody.

A:Sleekbook HP Pavilion 15-b050el can support w10

Hi: What model wireless network adapter does your notebook come with?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Sleekbook-HP-Pavilion-15-b050el-can-support-w10/td-p/5767231
Relevancy 42.14%

My laptop started first with intermittent charge, I thought it was a issue of the charger, but after almost a week it started to turns off. After it, I need to connect the charger to wake it up, I couldn't do it otherwise.Please help!HP Envy Sleekbook 14-k002la

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-Sleekbook-suddenly-turns-off/td-p/5598531
Relevancy 42.14%

Windows update recently and now my touchscreen only right clicks. I have tried to figure out how to swap it back to how it was without doing a system restore because the update will have to be done again anyway.  Anybody know how to fix this? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavilion-Sleekbook-15-Touchscreen-right-clicks-only/td-p/5767033
Relevancy 42.14%

Do you have an Updated link to the Audio driver?
I cannot find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.

A:Windows 7 Drivers for M6-K010DX Sleekbook AMD

Hi: See if this one works... This package contains the driver that enables the IDTHigh-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system. File name: sp66680.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-7-Drivers-for-M6-K010DX-Sleekbook-AMD/td-p/5595194
Relevancy 41.71%

My sound was working fine until i uploaded a video on movie maker to edit it and all of a sudden when i played the video it made a loud buzzing noise. At first i just thought it was the video, but then found out it happened to everything that played any sound. Now it wont even make the buzzing sound, it just won't play anything at all. It has a small red x over the sound button on the bottom right of the screen. I have tried to troubleshoot it but it says another driver needs to be installed, I click fix this problem and then it states that there is an error. What can i do to fix this?? please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/My-Envy-Sleekbook-6-wont-play-any-sound/td-p/5656806
Relevancy 41.71%

Hallo everyone, So this model has an internal battery so of course all the other help finding the serial number is basically useless. I am just wanting to know if I need to get my laptop a new battery due to the recent recall... Since I honestly don't fancy having the risk of it (and all my schoolwork) catch on fire. Though I am sure no one does. Basically any help is help, I just want to check to see if it is part of the recall since I know I bought it in the time frame of the recalled batteries. Thanks a bunch, Skyefer

A:HP ENVY m6-k000 Sleekbook Battery Serial #?

Hi, Please remove the batterry, it has a whole bunch of information on it including s/n, p/n and reguration information. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ENVY-m6-k000-Sleekbook-Battery-Serial/td-p/5674949
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently bought a new ultrabook. It's a HP Sleekbook ENVY with AMD A10 APU and HD8610G integrated graphics. It's pretty fast, but the graphics are not that good for gaming. It shares only 768 MB of my dual channel DDR3.

Is there a way to increase the shared memory?

A:HP Sleekbook A10 - A way to increase HD8610 Shared Memory?

Are there any settings in BIOS to increase it?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/57866-hp-sleekbook-a10-way-increase-hd8610-shared-memory.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My sound was working fine until i uploaded a video on movie maker to edit it and all of a sudden when i played the video it made a loud buzzing noise. At first i just thought it was the video, but then found out it happened to everything that played any sound. Now it wont even make the buzzing sound, it just won't play anything at all. It has a small red x over the sound button on the bottom right of the screen. I have tried to troubleshoot it but it says another driver needs to be installed, I click fix this problem and then it states that there is an error. What can i do to fix this?? please help!        

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/My-Envy-Sleekbook-6-wont-play-any-sound/td-p/5657442
Relevancy 41.71%

I have updagraded to windows 10 after upgradation my hp envy touchsmart m6 sleekbook blink screen on windows 10 each time when charger plugin. Kindly help Thanks in advance!!! 

A:hp envy touchsmart m6 sleekbook blink screen

Hey @Waqas10075, I understand you're having some trouble with the display blinking after upgrading to Windows 10. I would be happy to help. Please follow the steps in this document, and get back to me with the results: HP PCs - Blinking or Flashing Screen After Upgrading to Windows 10 If this helps, hit that Thumbs Up, and Accept as Solution. Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-envy-touchsmart-m6-sleekbook-blink-screen/td-p/5586819
Relevancy 41.71%

I just need to know how I restore my HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-b167ca Sleekbook back to factory settings. This laptop/notebook came without cd's

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15 Sleekbook how to restore to factor...

cath9999 goes over Windowshttp://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-happened-to-backup-restore Or F11  and read the Manual Page 61http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03601748.pdf 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-TouchSmart-15-Sleekbook-how-to-restore-to/td-p/3108001
Relevancy 41.71%

After my HP Sleekbook updated to windows 10 several months ago I am now having Intermittent internet connectivity problems.  I am only able to find networks some of the times when I start the computer.  Sometimes after I reset the computer a couple of times the computer will finally find the networks.   The networks are always available and when I go through the troubleshooting steps I still am not able to connect unless I reset the computer and sometimes the router a couple of times. My Product ID is 00326 ? 10000 ? 00000 ? AA821 I really look forward to hearing back.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Sleekbook-Intermittent-internet-connectivity-after/td-p/5619965
Relevancy 41.71%

In the process of upgrading my envy 4 to see if i can get a few more years out of it.  Have already upgraded to Win10 and the anniversary update seems to work ok. Have read many discussion posts on users unable to work raid configuration after upgrade to win 10. My upgrades consist of the following:2x8 gb of ram upgradesamsung 256gb SSDnew batteryMy question is would I be better from a performance standpoint removing the 32gb cache drive?  I'd like to open this machine just once so your comments will be timely. Thank you all for your contributions.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/with-regard-to-the-32gb-ssd-cache-drive-on-my-sleekbook-4/td-p/5785583
Relevancy 41.71%

Tuesday morning my boyfriend was using my laptop and he was on ventrachicago com and another site We didn't do anything like update to windows or anything at least he windows wont 14 hp sleekbook startup pavilion says he didnt do anything Everytime windows wants to be upgraded i push dont schedule So when i got home that afternoon my laptop was going really slow everything took a while to open like chrome and the settings hp pavilion sleekbook 14 wont startup windows on windows everything was taking too long to start I kept turning it off and on and even tried to refresh the laptop so none of my files would be erased nothing worked and then it finally wouldnt open windows at all Now hp pavilion sleekbook 14 wont startup windows when i turn on my laptop a black Windows Boot Manager screen comes on that says windows failed to start and my laptop doesnt have a cd drive port thing and it says if you do not have this disc contact your system administrator or cp manufactururer for assistance and below it has file filename status xc info the boot config data for your pc is missing or contains errors nbsp nbsp I did a system fast test and the Hard Drive Short DST Check failed this is what shows up failure id TTW W- JS N-MFPWW - WS product id D G UA ABAHard Drive nbsp nbsp what do i have to do if noone can really help me im just going to call i dont want to call now because i have a govern ment phone with only minutes a month and i dont want to waste it all on hp pavilion sleekbook 14 wont startup windows a call especially if i really dont have to contact anyone for this nbsp any other info i can provide please let me know what u need to help me out thank u so much need this laptop now for my java n html class and school in general omg

A:hp pavilion sleekbook 14 wont startup windows

means your hard drive is pretty much fried, you will need a new one and may be able to recover the file off the old one using a hard drive docking station

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-pavilion-sleekbook-14-wont-startup-windows/td-p/5600900
Relevancy 41.71%

my laptop cant detect my 5 g wifi at home but my phone can see it. i updated the driver but i still cant see it.

A:my laptop hp envy 14 sleekbook 14-k074ca could not detect my...

Hi: According to the parts list for your notebook, it comes with an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 wireless network adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=E0M45UA That wireless card is a single band card that only works on the 2.4 GHz wireless band. Specs on the card from Intel... http://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/product-briefs/centrino-wireless-n-2230-...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-laptop-hp-envy-14-sleekbook-14-k074ca-could-not-detect-my/td-p/5744152
Relevancy 41.71%

okay so I've been trying my best not to post here but nothing has worked so far-Basically, 9 times outta 10 when i start my computer, the light stays orange and says there are no connections anywhere. Red X and all. This is highly frustrating and has me ripping my hair out in fury. I've already done most of the stuff i read, i even restarted the whole **bleep** thing and the problem persists. So far what i can see is that windows is starting too fast and leaving some drivers behind, but i have no clue what to do. Please, for the love of all that is sane, tell me i can fix this. (And dont say ethernet)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-TS-sleekbook-15-driver-internet-issues/td-p/5803211
Relevancy 41.71%

I am having Sleekbook Model No 15-b004tu and want to upgrade the harddsik to SSD i, can ibe able to use ssd in this  model if i can then which model can help me  Thanks in advance.

A:Sleekbook Model No 15-b004tu and want to upgrade the harddsi...

Hi, The following link shows its specs:     http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Sleekbook/5296234/model/5317596/document/c0352945... Currently it has  500 GB SATA (5400 rpm) HDD, sure you can upgrade to any standard SSD for laptops. At this stage Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E1T0BW 1TB SATAIII SSD Solid State Drive is a hot cake interms of price/performance.    http://www.msy.com.au/hard-drive/14930-samsung-850-evo-mz-75e1t0bw-1tb-sataiii-ssd-solid-state-drive... Regards.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Sleekbook-Model-No-15-b004tu-and-want-to-upgrade-the/td-p/5749547
Relevancy 41.71%

My acer sleekbook touchscreen 11.6" V5-122P-0862 shows in settings as connected to wifi  but when I search a site, there is a message returned which says "This page cannot be displayed". This happens to all searches. My emails, skype, and viber, however, work well. Acer Experts please help! Thank you in advance.

A:My acer sleekbook touchscreen 11.6" V5-122P-0862 ...

No experts of Acers here? I will not consider buying an Acer again in my life because nobody can help me solvemy technical problems.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/My-acer-sleekbook-touchscreen-11-6-quot-V5-122P-0862-as/td-p/309206/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.71%

Ok after some research i found the hard drive has given up so i have brought a new hard drive.. but i want to know how will i get the factory windows with the key and all the other hp apps as though it was a new laptop

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Sleekbook-15-b107au-stuck-in-recovrry-bootloop/td-p/5711788
Relevancy 41.71%

HelloI'm having this problem with my laptop and i hope someone can help me.So at first I've started to get a few blue screen failures with the error saying "unexpected store exception" or "critical process died". It happened quite often after my battery was ruined and I had to keep the pc plugged in all the time.Then it started showing a smart disk error (301) screen at the startup, but to continue i had to press the enter button. After that smart error screen started showing up the blue screens with the same errors started occuring very frequently,Like I'm on the computer for just 2 minutes and it happens, And even sometimes It doesn't restart it gets stuck at 100%.So my question is: Is it possible to change my hard disk and if so will it fix the problem for me and how much will it cost?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-replacing-hp-pavilion-sleekbook-hard-disk-possible/td-p/5645768
Relevancy 41.71%

After the update to Windows 8.1 a while back, the touchscreen function on my laptop went away. Every time i go to see my PC info it says "No pen or touch innput is available for this display". I have tried almost everything I can think of. I have used recovery mode and have even refreshed it. Just last night my touchscreen randomly started working at around 11:00 p.m. and this morning the touchscreen functionality went away once again. I went to my Device Manager and saw that in the Human Interface Devices section there was no touchscreen driver. My laptop has seemed to lost all touchscreen capability and I really need help.Is there ANYTHING I can do????? PLEASEE HELP!!!!! :-(      :-(      :-(      :-(      :-(      :-(      :-(      :-(

A:HP Envy TouchSmart Sleekbook 4 touchscreen not working

@Avious_Avi, Thanks for posting. Personally, since you mentioned the touchscreen worked before Windows 8.1, I would do a Windows refresh: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03538721 You can also try updating the drivers of the product to try and get that functionality back.

**TechWars**Please click the "Thumbs-Up" on the left to show appreciation. Please click "Accept as Solution" if I helped you out.**TechWars** does not work for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Envy-TouchSmart-Sleekbook-4-touchscreen-not-working/td-p/4357706
Relevancy 41.71%

I powered off my HP ENVY laptop for a week while i went on vacation.  When i returned, it wouldn't power-on without the AC power cable.  So i figured the battery lost it's charge over the past week.  I plugged in the AC power cable and i got the message "plugged in, not charging".  I tried my other AC power cable and it gave me the same message as well.  What should i do to troubleshoot this issue?  Is there an issue when you leave a laptop powered off for 8 days in a row?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Sleekbook-left-it-powered-off-for-a-week-and-now-it/td-p/5701801
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi ! i had install windows 10 ( 64 bit ) on my HP ENVY Sleekbook 6-1058er but as i see windows doesn't provide full set of drivers ( it doesn't find chipset driver untill i install it ).also i connot find it drivers on HP site http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-6-Sleekbook/5269347/model/5276483 it says "Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update"Could anyone say where can i download drivers?thank You in advance !

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ENVY-Sleekbook-6-1058er-windows-10-drivers/td-p/5614060
Relevancy 41.28%

I have some damage to my LCD screen, not under warranty. Anyone know of a place i can get it fixed for not a boat load of money? Thanks!

A:Screen Damage on HP ENVY TouchSmart m6-k022dx Sleekbook (ENE...

Hi, No available from Amazon:     https://www.amazon.com/725455-001-HP-TOUCHSMART-SLEEKBOOK-Complete/dp/B01B01KCP0 Probably you need to source from eBay using part number or (please keep or bookmark the link):     http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=E0L06UA And you can replace yourself using information from the second manual on the following link:          http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-m6-Sleekbook/5375391/model/5447423/manuals Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-Damage-on-HP-ENVY-TouchSmart-m6-k022dx-Sleekbook/td-p/5825085
Relevancy 41.28%

HP Envy touchsmart sleekbook 4-1115dx first off harddrive failed so I put a smaller one in to see what else was wrong. Got it up and running on  Windows 7 because there was no windows left on the old drive . I want to see what all is wrong before buying a harddrive. I did get some download from the site and then nothing it all went away. I don't have the assistant so that will not help. Will they be back?

A:HP Envy touchsmart sleekbook 4-1115dx no drives on site?

Hi, Please come back later. HP is updating many web pages now. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-touchsmart-sleekbook-4-1115dx-no-drives-on-site/td-p/5703446
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey, I would like to buy the "N Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter" and i want to know if my HP Pavilion 14-b150ej Sleekbook supports WiDi/Miracast. thx.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Does my HP Pavilion 14-b150ej Sleekbook support WiDi/Miracas...

Hi,  Eventually I was able to to get the "Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter" from a friend, and IT'S WORKING!!  Thx for all the help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Does-my-HP-Pavilion-14-b150ej-Sleekbook-support-WiDi/td-p/5582219
Relevancy 41.28%

It has been a while since my sleekbook stopped working properly. My drivers are updated.. refreshing the laptop didn't do anything either. I have noticed that when pressing f2 on startup, on the components test list, the touchscreen option isn't present. Does anyone have any other suggestions?Thank you

A:HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-b178sa Sleekbook touchscreen doesn...

Hi @Muffin4 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I need more informationbut, I will be glad to help you. Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Can you give more detail of how the computer is not working properly? Are you getting a Blue, Black, or blank screen? Is the any error message?Do you hear the fan and the hard drive?Does the keyboard, mouse and touch screen work?  if not what happens when you try to uses? Please get back to me and I will do all I can to help. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-TouchSmart-14-b178sa-Sleekbook-touchscreen-doesn/td-p/5480886
Relevancy 41.28%

At some point, the drivers have become a problem with my laptop. I have two drivers showing in the device manager. One is AMD High Definition Audio Device and the other is IDT high definition Audio CODEC. When the AMD driver is enabled, the sound on the laptop barely registers. If I disable that driver then the sound is much louder, but this setup is no where near what I used to hear from my altec lansing/dolby built in stereo speakers. It is frustrating that I cannot simply go get updated at the website with the correct drivers based on my particular build. If I allow windows to do it... it simply is not providing what I used to have. Secondly, I need to use the "stereo mix" capabilities so that I can record audio "what u hear". That no longer works either.  

A:Audio Driver Conflicts HP Pavilion 15-b119wm Sleekbook

What version is your IDT HD audio driver? Did these problems start when you upgraded to windows 10?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Driver-Conflicts-HP-Pavilion-15-b119wm-Sleekbook/td-p/5717054
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi HP,My HP Pavilion Touchsmart 14 Sleekbook has some problems. Within a year my laptop battery does not charge, so I had replaced the battery. But now my touchscreen stops working after upgrading to Windows 10. I had already troubleshoot the touchscreen step-by-step, but nothing works. So please tell me a proper solution for solving this problem. RegardsGaurav

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/TouchSmart-14-b109wm-Sleekbook-Touch-Screen-not-working/td-p/5665790
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, i found this Hard drive in Amazon to replace my Hard drive because original and official HP part is backordered in US. https://www.amazon.com/Western-Digital-sata_6_0_gb-Internal-WD5000LPCX/dp/B013QFRZL2/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc... Someone can check if it fit properly to my computer? Thanks!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hard-drive-replacement-HP-PAVILION-14-B164LA-SLEEKBOOK/td-p/5755518
Relevancy 41.28%

Originally, my laptop runs Windows 8 SL. My touchscreen experience satisfies me a lot when I'm using the device far from my table. After upgrading to windows 8.1 SL, I encountered touchscreen difficulties. There are times that I can use the touchscreen interface of my device smoothly but there are also times that I can't interact with my laptop using it's touchscreen. I've tried several troubleshooting like disabling and reenabling the HID-compliant touchscreen driver and also the display adapters of Intel and NVIDIA. I can't interact with my laptop using touchscreen until now. Can you guys help me to get rid of this? thanks in advance.

A:HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-b132tx Sleekbook touchscreen didn'...

I have the same issues, i also tried everything that i can find for the solution that were on the forums but nothin works, I think this a sotware issue, windows 8.1 has drivers conflict to Hp touchsmart users. And HP must coordinate with windows in regards to this matter. I hope they give us feed back on this matter.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-TouchSmart-14-b132tx-Sleekbook-touchscreen-didn/td-p/3147555
Relevancy 41.28%

i m having automatic repair problem..i hve tried to do system recovery but tht too is not working..i hve tried startup too but tht too failure... plz guide me wht to do?? everytime blackscreen with a cursor appear..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-Sleekbook-4-Preparing-automatic-repair-problem/td-p/5794834
Relevancy 41.28%

The laptop does not boot, but the caps lock button blinks twice when I try to turn it on. I looked it up and found out that it means the BIOS are corrupted. I tried removing the CMOS battery and reinserting it after a few minutes, but it didn't change anything. I tried the instructions on this page: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833 but it did not do anything when I tried it from my hard drive. I was going to try it from an external storage device, but this model does not have a BIOS section on the driver and software page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-TouchSmart-15-b125ed-Sleekbook-BIOS-Corruption/td-p/5726157
Relevancy 41.28%

HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-b153nr Sleekbook battery not charging. I have tried to try resetting the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Batterywhich is basically the driver that communicates between the computer and the battery. There is a chance that it is corrupted. I had to reinstall my notebook to original factory setup. Reinstall success but battery still not charging. Please helppp.... Nicklam001

A:HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15-b153nr Sleekbook battery not charg...

How old is the battery? Have you run the battery health gauge program either in the UEFI diagnostics (F2 as you power up) or from HP Support Assistant?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-TouchSmart-15-b153nr-Sleekbook-battery-not/td-p/5688716
Relevancy 41.28%

I turn on my laptop one day to find that it shows the hp logo, screen turns black, then it completely turns off, and turns on back again only to repeat the process. I have a video i uploaded to my YouTube channel if anyone is confused with my problem. Please help. My channel is StarliAA.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-tm-m6-Sleekbook-Turns-on-shows-HP-logo-and-shuts-off/td-p/5712591
Relevancy 41.28%

I've purc hased  and installed 16GB RAM in the two available memory slots. Only 8GB is visible (upgraded from 4GB). The HP Envy Sleekbook Maintenance and Service Guide HP Envy TouchSmart c03599931.pdf says on page 2 that the system supports 16GB RAM. When I go into the BIOS setup, I cannot change the amount of memory, which shows only 8GB. How can I see all 16GB?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-Touchsmart-Sleekbook-4-memory-upgrade-won-t-see-16GB/td-p/5682887
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,My computer recently updated a week or so ago to windows 10 version 1607 (builds 14393.187 and 14393.189) and since then the audio has not been functioning properly. The beats audio icon has disappeared from  the control panel, and the audio quality has no bass to speak of. I have tried running windows update & tried finding the appropriate drivers for beats audio, but I am not very computer savvy so I have not had much luck.Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sleekbook-6-1040ca-beats-audio-icon-missing/td-p/5779835
Relevancy 41.28%

Good morning everyone, I have the following problem with my laptop, Envy 4-1152.By circumstance beyond my person, the hard drive that brings harm my computer, and buy an SSD, which has improved incredibly my system, but the Intel Rapid Start does not work.Reviewing the options in the BIOS, can not find the options to change the SATA configuration, RAID to ACHI, because this option is not present ?, Why have enabled Intel Rapid Start, the installer tells me that is not the harware required to work?Buy Hard Drive Mechanic again one to try to prove that only work with RAID, and the option is still not present.As I can see all the options of the BIOS of my Ultrabook ?, because they come hidden ?.  

Electronic Design Engineer passionate to both Electronic, Graphic and 3D.

A:Problem with Intel Rapid Start - Sleekbook 1152

Good morning...Proving settings on my computer, I noticed that the error with Intel Rapid Start, is because I also updated the computer's RAM, 8 gigabytes that come from the factory, I put 16 gigabytes, when the 16 gigas are on the computer Intel Rapid Start does not work, because this happens ?, has something to do with the size of the SSD mSATA included? Are there any limits to the maximum amount of RAM ?.I go back and ask, because the BIOS has such limited options, other brands of equipment can easily adjust this, there a way to display all options of the BIOS?

Electronic Design Engineer passionate to both Electronic, Graphic and 3D.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Problem-with-Intel-Rapid-Start-Sleekbook-1152/td-p/5711938
Relevancy 41.28%

HII come here as the last possible chance of getting some help with this problemso a few weeks ago my laptop audio jack input stopped working, well the sound comes out only on the right side and on the left side i can hear it very very low like nealy nothing. i tried nealy eveything form (  unninstalling all audio drivers, trying diferents headphones, unplug the audio board, i actually bought a new audio board but the problem still there. some people on internet told me its something to do with the audio balance but whaever i do with the audio balance it wont change at all. so i dont know if is theres any other reason for this to be happening or my mother board is broken which i doubt.Please if someone out there could help me out I`d be very very greatfull Thanks 

A:HP envy sleekbook 6-1126sa sound coming from just one side o...

Hi Ledbroke, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion dv2700 Notebook and having sound issues when headphones attached. Here is a document on troubleshooting audio problems with external speakers, headphones, and HDMI sound devices. Under the two quick test section it shows you how to troubleshoot headphones. Hope this helps. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-envy-sleekbook-6-1126sa-sound-coming-from-just-one-side/td-p/3770240
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an month sleekbook -b sl Sleekbook :: adapter blinks AC light white 15-b040sl running Windows that never gave me any problem so far nbsp Today without me changing anything I didn't even plugged off the notebook from the AC the ac adapter light the one that turns orange when the battery is under charge started blinking white with the pc turned off Btw the battery is connected I turned on the PC and the light is still blinking white but so Sleekbook 15-b040sl :: AC adapter light blinks white far the PC seems to be operating correctly without any error message or anomaly nbsp I'm still worried about this flashing light though so I wonder if there's something I can do to solve this issue or at least understand what caused it and if I should send it to the techincal assistance nbsp Thanks in advance for the help nbsp EDIT I doubt this may help but just in case the white light flashes once each second but removing the power cord while the laptop is alimented by the battery and switched off causes the light to stay on for seconds and off for seconds If I turn on the laptop with battery without ac cord it starts blinking again once each second Solved View Solution

A:Sleekbook 15-b040sl :: AC adapter light blinks white

Hello  @Iaaf , Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand the power input light on your notebook has been acting funky lately.  I took a look at your products user guide and found the following information on the power adapter light:White: The AC adapter is connected and the battery is charged.Blinking white: The battery has reached a low battery level.Amber: The AC adapter is connected and the battery is charging.Off: The computer is using DC power.If the notebook is running on battery power and is not charging the adapter light will blink white. If the adapter blinks white while the adapter is connected this could be a sign that the adapter is not charging the battery. Have you noticed if the battery icon in your taskbar shows the battery is charging or not?  You may need to perform a hard reset:Turn off the notebook.Disconnect the AC adapter.Remove the battery.Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.Reconnect the battery.Reconnect the AC adapter.Power on the notebook.You may also want to test and calibrate your battery. You can see information on doing this here: Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8). Let me know if this helps!  -Edited to add battery test and calibration document.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Sleekbook-15-b040sl-AC-adapter-light-blinks-white/td-p/4416290
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello nbsp I have a hp Sleekbook which had a hard drive failure the disk stopped working and wouldn't start spinning when connected to another computer nbsp I replaced the hard - Sleekbook no... 14-b109sa Random device HP of occurrence Boot drive with a new TB drive I decided to install Windows instead of Windows as I had no recovery disk but I had some trouble installing The Windows installer seemed to not recognise the hard drive I assumed at the time that it was something to do with UEFI or sata drivers etc but I eventually seemed to get it to see the drive and i was able to HP Sleekbook 14-b109sa - Random occurrence of Boot device no... install The computer restarted several time during installing nbsp and updating with no problems nbsp nbsp Now that Windows is installed I have a problem where when turning on the laptop nbsp after shutdown restating is fine I will HP Sleekbook 14-b109sa - Random occurrence of Boot device no... get the error Boot Device Not Found Please install an operating system onto your hard disk - Hard disk FO nbsp When I see this error I can switch off the laptop wait a moment and switch it back on again about of the time it will load windows and the other times it will just show the same error message nbsp This would not be too bad if it wasn't for the fact that while using windows I sometimes get a bluescreen due to hardware I O error and then after switch it back on I see the no hard drive error message After switching it off and on a few times Windows boots as normal nbsp When the error shows if i press F for hardware diagnostics and try to scan the hard drive the laptop reports that there is no hard drive if I run the diagnostic nbsp on one of the times when the computer would boot windows it does the scan normally and shows no hard drive problems and proceeds to boot windows nbsp This leads me to believe nbsp that it is not a windows error i e the laptop nbsp can't find or load windows properly but a hardware bios issue because when the error occurs nbsp it is as if there is no hard drive at all when i see the error if i go into BIOS and check hard drives then none show the times when it does show windows boots as normal Another idea i had was the the bios settings may be reverting to default but they are the same every time I turn on the laptop nbsp For reference I have legacy support enabled and secure boot disabled With legacy enabled I always see the 'No operating system found error which i assume is to be expected as it is Windows ' adjusting the security or USB pre os setting has no effect still sometimes error sometimes boot nbsp There is also no correlation between moving the laptop and the error ordering nbsp so it does not seem to be related to a loose cable etc nbsp I have updated the BIOS to F c - still the same problemI have tried another hard drive GB but still have the same problem nbsp I am hoping someone may have some ideas as I have run out and am not sure what to try next nbsp Any help would be greatly received nbsp Many Thanks nbsp Ben nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:HP Sleekbook 14-b109sa - Random occurrence of Boot device no...

Hi @KentBen , Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read  about your HP Pavilion 14-b109sa Sleekbook and having issues with the startup. You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which would force the Notebook to check its system and hardware. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Here is a link to testing the HDD from the BIOS. It could be a bad hard drive data cable that connects it to the motherboard. Have you tried connecting it to another computer? Hope this helps you. Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Sleekbook-14-b109sa-Random-occurrence-of-Boot-device-not/td-p/4822836
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm having a lot of difficulty searching for Windows 7 64bit drivers for my HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-b109wm Sleekbook. It's originally a Windows 8 laptop but I installed Windows 7 64bit Pro on a spare HDD and got it to run fine. My only issue now is finding drivers for it. My biggest concern are the video drivers and especially the wireless drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Drivers for Windows 7 on HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-b109wm Sleekbook

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... See if the Thread below helps ...
Downgrading from 8 to 7 on HP Pavilion Touchsmart

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/364843-drivers-windows-7-hp-pavilion-touchsmart-14-b109wm-sleekbook.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have previously replied a post under MarkJ I open up a broke 6-1010US hinge Sleekbook left Envy apart new post to make it visible to all the consumers of nbsp HP's products I have experienced the worst customer service ever from HP Let me restate my problem here nbsp I own a Envy - us bought it Envy Sleekbook 6-1010US left hinge broke apart back in October Envy Sleekbook 6-1010US left hinge broke apart A couple days ago when my laptop was nbsp turning nbsp year and months old the left hinge snapped off from my screen when I tried to adjust my screen with closing movement while it was sitting on my desk No dropping bumping or even a scratch on my laptop nbsp A Envy Sleekbook 6-1010US left hinge broke apart well-cared HP hardware broke apart in less than years with a regular day-to-day usage What a horrible experience Even though everything is still functioning a broken hinge with a cracked screen plastic now I can't close my lid can't bring my laptop anywhere other than sitting at home Of course I won't complain if it's my fault on misusing it or on a cheap product But we are talking about a couple hundred dollars laptop an American branded HP product nbsp If you do some searchs online You can see all the complaints on the broken hinge of Envy series laptops especially the left hinge Amazon pcoworld and even this HP official support forum have tons of complaints on the same thing Still HP doesn't nbsp admit it is nbsp a design flaw as expected and decided not to stand behind its products Instead making money out of the repairs where the hinge nbsp might break again in near future If you search for other envy hinge problem in this forum you will see people fixing their hinges two three times and even more nbsp Despite some people experiecing bad customer services I decided to call HP customer support to see if there's a chance for them fix this obvious flaw without a charge I think I don't have the luck Instead I got myself nbsp a bad attitude so-called manager to repeat the cost to me again and again with such a rude nbsp tone nbsp I previously bought all-in-one desktop and two pavillion laptops from nbsp HP After this horrible cheap product experience and customer service I won't buy any HP products anymore There is a reason why HP has been dethroned from number pc nbsp sales product quality and customer service quality are getting worse

A:Envy Sleekbook 6-1010US left hinge broke apart

I just sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your forum messages, this post has instructions.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-Sleekbook-6-1010US-left-hinge-broke-apart/td-p/4240100
Relevancy 41.28%

HP ENVY Sleekbook 6 PC. update KB 3156421 continues to download on a daily basis. Stops at 57% then undo's changes. Killing me!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-ENVY-Sleekbook-6-PC-update-KB3156421-continues-to/td-p/5650342
Relevancy 41.28%

hi The latest Windows 10 update broke my touch screen.  I had already installed the Windows 10 Annivesary Update.  Following the HP instructions to fix the touch screen not working issue did not work.  If I roll back the Windows update, things work again.  The touch screen driver does not appear to have been directly updated, as I cannot rollback the driver (date is in 2006 and the rollback option in device manager indicates that there is no rollback driver available.) Any idea if a new driver is available or if there is another solution so that I don't have to rollback a cumulative Windows update? Thanks Jim

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/TouchSmart-14-b109wm-Sleekbook-Touch-Screen-not-working/td-p/5757951
Relevancy 41.28%

HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook nbsp Product ID E D UA ABA System ID D Bios E5D85UA#ABA Wont Pavilion TS or recover... Sleekbook post 15 HP Date Bios Revision F B Serial Number CD MN nbsp Hard Drive HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 15 E5D85UA#ABA Wont post or recover... nbsp ATA nbsp GB HGST HTS A E Firmware GG OACA Serial Personal Information Removed Smart Enabled LBA Supported Sector Type k e nbsp nbsp This laptop decided to go south on us here is what I tried not sure if it has Win or HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 15 E5D85UA#ABA Wont post or recover... as I dont use it Bios lists it as Win nbsp Windos X will not boot instead you get error nbsp Error code xc HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 15 E5D85UA#ABA Wont post or recover... nbsp I tried using Recover F It does nothing but sit there nbsp I tried booting from a Win Flash Drive and USD DVD Drive in Legacy Mode since UEFI ignores USB as a boot option It does nothing nbsp When I ran the HP UEFI hard disk tool it gives me this nbsp Hard Disk Test MC BTL- U-MFPWXF- WC nbsp Any Suggestions Im about ready to pull the Drive and stick in something less irritating nbsp

A:HP Pavilion TS Sleekbook 15 E5D85UA#ABA Wont post or recover...

The hard drive needs replacement. Post back if you want some help with that. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-TS-Sleekbook-15-E5D85UA-ABA-Wont-post-or-recover/td-p/5717322
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,  The Play/Pause and Next buttons on my Envy Sleekbook won't work. I've looked in the support section for any drivers and I can't seem to fine any related to my issue. Help please.  Product #: CND30504Y7

A:HP Envy Sleekbook audio buttons (Play/Pause, Next ) wont wor...

Hi @airpiratet Welcome to the HP Support Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see that you are having some problems with your specialty function keys. I will be happy to help with this put I will need your product number. That one you posted is actually your serial number. Also what operating system are you using?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-Sleekbook-audio-buttons-Play-Pause-Next-wont-work/td-p/4549036
Relevancy 36.12%

I opened my Hp Envy Ts m6 sleekbook and the screen cracked. It's got a crack from the top left corner diagonally all the way to the bottom of the screen,  two coming diagonally down from the right side to  the bottom of the screen where it  has several smaller cracks meeting all in the same area  in all directions . My laptop isn't under warranty anymore and I got it in December of 2013 . How can I go about fixing this, Would hp help? I'm not sure how expensive this is to get fixed. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-ENVY-Touchscreen-M6-Sleekbook-touchscreen-cracked/td-p/5620345
Relevancy 33.11%

My daughter has a HP Pavillion Model a f bit that HP Need Help Pavillion with is running Vista Home Premium It has gigs of ram a gig hard drive and a dual core processor The computer ran fine until tonight When she turns it on the keyboard is recognized but a blue splash screen for HP comes up that asks to click Need Help with HP Pavillion on esc to go into bios F for setup etc It won't go Need Help with HP Pavillion any further There appears to be a yellow or amber light that lights up right behind the power swith which does light up I can hear the fan is running and the mouse shows that it has power too If I press esc a message comes up that it is entering setup but never does It just sits there I would sure appreciate it if somebody could give me an idea what I might try to do to help her get her computer going again Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions

A:Need Help with HP Pavillion

Solved the problem myself. Opened the tower and changed the port that the SATA drive cable connected to. At least after doing that and restarting the computer I was able to get into BIOS. Showed no hard drive as being recognized. Went to HP's site and found that Seatgate had a problem with some of the hard drives (500, 700, etc.) After calling a technician with HP it was decided that the hard drive had failed (no indication of it failing-it just stopped!!!)

HP is sending a new hard drive and a recovery disk (the recovery partition was on the hard drive that failed. No cost. There was still 50 days left on the warranty.

I guess we were LUCKY!

Thanks for looking at my computer problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247972/need-help-with-hp-pavillion/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, I have hp pavillion a6317c pc, I unpluged it for 8 months, now it wont boot, power led stays on, green light on the back stays on, fans on, no signal to the monitor, try to turn it off but power light stays on, had to unplug it to turn it off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Hp pavillion

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if you can boot it without the battery.

If that doesn't work unplug the battery and power cable.

Then press and hold the power button for 45 seconds.

Replug in the power and battery to see if it will boot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-696014.html
Relevancy 33.11%

It is a MS Win but I wasn't sure which one Anyhow It is a new Pav t nbsp Taken out of the box on Aug nbsp Since then I spent one long night on phone with HP tech support due to freezing nbsp Tech blamed me Pavillion 17 HP New for not up-dating it nbsp Tonight it froze again another long phone call amp now nbsp I'm sitting next to a brand new computer that I can't touch while it goes through hrs of diagnostics and writing to you New HP Pavillion 17 from my old HP Pav g nbsp never had a computer do this twice in it's first weeks of life before This is my rd HP amp I felt some kind of loyalty to the company nbsp Bought the best care pack amp it is no good nbsp Suggestions Already went through the turn it upside down amp remove battery drill Brand new computer should not be frozen My Internet connection is fine as you can see on my old HP Pav g

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/New-HP-Pavillion-17/td-p/5763595
Relevancy 33.11%

HI there. I have recently cracked the touch screen on my pavillion 23. as you can see I am able to do some stuff on here but everything flashes and turns the pages by itself. ugh!:-(I thought i had turned off the touch screen but on reboot it starts up again!Can beautiful person please give me lamen termed instructions on how to remove the touchscreen capabilty or any othe constructive advice would be good.I cant afford to replace it. no idea what it will cost to fix. hard to research anything on here right now.Please help:-)Sorry about it being the wrong board and its I5 core. it wont let me select the right ones grrrrr 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavillion-23/td-p/5837221
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi. I bought this laptop used from someone online. I know it is old. It uses the FS1 socket, and has an A4 processor. So I can't expect too much. But it just locks up on me aall the time. As soon as I try to open anything, it just locks up. The day I got it, I was able to open Google Chrome and watch some Youtube videos. The next day, nothing. I think the HDD is screwed, and I would like to replace it with an SSD. My problem is, it will not detect my SSD. What can I do to get my SSD installed in this thing, so that hopefully I can use it for some basic things on the go?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/pavillion-g6/td-p/5752267
Relevancy 33.11%

At first time, the DVD player was working, and the second time when I tried to insert DVD to the player, the player made some sound like Krik Krik, and sipt out the DVD. Eveytime, different DVD used and the DVDs or Audio CDs are working with other Computer DVD players and CD players. My boss just bought it for classroom. But no DVD or CD player, it is not useful. What is the solution for this? My boss bought it one month ago. Maybe less.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-All-in-one-Pavillion-B-amp-o-DVD/td-p/5651418
Relevancy 33.11%

Trying to help my daughter out, She has a laptop HP Pavillion DV6 that will only boot in the safemode. She called HP and of course she is 60 days out of warranty. Any suggestions? She's try to restore it to a point about a week ago but the same thing keeps happening, just boots in safemode.

Thanks for any and all suggestions,

Sonbon...

A:HP Pavillion DV6

Hi sonbon,

Does the computer give out an error when your daughter tries to boot the computer to windows normally? Go to the safe mode menu again and this time, choose "Boot the computer to last known good configurations". See if this helps out at all. I would also recommend performing an In-Place Upgrade(Windows Repair) on the computer. You will definitely need your Windows 7 CD in order to perform this process. When was the last the computer was able to work successfully?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavillion-dv6-565366.html
Relevancy 33.11%

my computer as a Black screen and saysBoot Device not foundplease install an Operating system on your hard diskHard disk (3FO) Can anyone help me

A:HP Pavillion

Hi, Shutdown the notebook.  Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu.  Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Can you also post back with the version of the operating system currently installed on the notebook. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion/td-p/5596611
Relevancy 33.11%

Whilst working the computer froze. I removed the battery to switch of. When switching on the next time I got a message "scanning and repairing hard drive". This progressed to 9% and then made no further progress. After 10 hours I finally removed the battery again as there was no other way to do this. What can i do to revert to correct operation'/

Solved!

View Solution.

A:HP Pavillion

Dear Customer, Try a Hard Reset as follows. Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for a full minute.  Plug in the AC Adapter ( leave the battery out for the moment ) and see if the notebook will start. If it doesnt load,Please perform the Steps as shown below:-1. Please "Turn OFF" the Notebook2. "Power ON" the Notebook and keep tapping the Escape Key during the start up to enter the Start-up Menu3. Now here, Please select the BIOS option [F10] and under the Advanced or Diagnostic tab4. You should find the facility to run tests on both the Hard Disk Drive and Memory Note: Please perform these two tests and post back with the details of any error messages Please click the below shown link to find the steps for performing Hard Drive Testhttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&?lc=en&docname=c00439024 OR http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&?lc=en&docname=c01443317  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,GBL84I am not an HP Employee

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavillion/td-p/5849735
Relevancy 33.11%

I seem to have a problem with my RAM i need to upgrade to a higher GB could someone please help and advise on what i need and the highest GB i can upgrade toas i have only had this computer for 7 months and the ram is full already.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-23-quot-PAVILLION-ALL-IN-ONE/td-p/5709690
Relevancy 33.11%

I had a virus and I deleted some files I restarted Pavillion Hp my computer Hp Pavillion and now it is going to Hp Pavillion the menu to choose from normal safemode etc it is telling me the the XMS cache had an error of some sort if i go to normal it brings me to a gray screen telling me that it Hp Pavillion has found new hardware so im trying to find the software for the hardware but it only looks in the a drive when i try to find it in the browse area it keeps telling me it isnt finding the software if i cancel the new hardware setup it brings up a box stating SUREGCREATEKEY COULD NOT BE FOUND I still have the files in the recycle bin but i cant get to it to put the files back i have a system recovery cd but it keeps telling me that i may lose the programs i have installed since i bought the computer i dont want to do that when i am at the first menu where i have to choose normal safemode etc it tells me that i need to run scanreg but i cant get to the dos screen to run it any ideas to get my computer going nbsp

A:Hp Pavillion

what happens when you boot into safemode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion.272910/
Relevancy 33.11%

It is a MS Win but I wasn't sure which one Anyhow It is a new Pav t nbsp Taken out of the box on Aug nbsp Since then I spent one long night on phone with HP tech support due to freezing nbsp Tech blamed me for not up-dating it nbsp Tonight it froze again another long phone call amp now nbsp I'm sitting next to a brand new computer that I can't touch while it goes through hrs of diagnostics and writing to you from my old HP 17 Pavillion New HP Pav g nbsp never had a computer do this twice in it's first weeks of life before This is my rd HP amp I felt some kind of loyalty to the company nbsp Bought the best care pack amp it is no good nbsp Suggestions Already went through the turn it upside down amp remove battery drill Brand new computer should not be frozen My Internet connection is fine as you can see on my old HP Pav New HP Pavillion 17 g

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/New-HP-Pavillion-17/td-p/5763576
Relevancy 32.68%

A friend of mine phoned me tonight to tell me her old HP Pavillion had begun to struggle to power up over the last few days.

A big fat zero occured when she tried to turn the pc on over the weekend - it did power up after a couple of attempts. Gradually the number of attempts have increased until tonight when any number of button pushing would kick that monkey into life.

She has checked the power cable is fitting tight and the pc has not been removed.

Any suggestions?

B

Relevancy 32.68%

I am trying to get this hp pavillion desktop to boot from the A drive so I can format the HD. How do you get to the bios to change the boot sequence? It will not boot up in the A drive first.

Thanks,
Adam

A:hp pavillion 6737

adamster said:

I am trying to get this hp pavillion desktop to boot from the A drive so I can format the HD. How do you get to the bios to change the boot sequence? It will not boot up in the A drive first.

Thanks,
AdamClick to expand...

Try F1 key or the Delete key

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavillion-6737.356700/
Relevancy 32.68%

How do I get my computer to unlock on administration I'm the only one I changed my password and I forgot to write it down I locked myself out help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavillion-dv73160us/td-p/5660635
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello at first sorry for my bad english i will Pavillion down - dv7 Shutting try explain the problem as good as i can nbsp In last days i had problems with my years old NTB days ago after - hours of activity it shut down for mins after it i couldnt start it it always shut down seconds after i pressed power button fans went up but before anything appeared on screen it was down I let it go for mins then it came up without any problem for next few hours nbsp Day after after - hours it shut down again but now i couldnt start it for at least minutes Same thing as before Pavillion dv7 - Shutting down computer started but before anything appeared Pavillion dv7 - Shutting down on screen it shut down nbsp days ago first it shut down after - hours didnt start for mins then it started worked for like an hour and shut down again I hoped reinstalling windows will solve it so i did it Computer worked for - hours without any problem nbsp Next day it became as it is right now Once the computer gets any pressure it goes down Then its like Its weird when its min turned off not even screen loads on and it shut down When its turned off for mins it shut down when its loading OS nbsp I tried watch tempatures everything is alright when i wasnt doing anything and after i turned some process that made it shut down it shut down when GPU reached C CPU and Temp Also before it shut down even tho i had lowest jas settings the screen seconds before shutting down twice flashed and like went even more dark then it died After i tried searched for a solution i find out in old topic here to try diagnostic of memory and HDD memory is fine but HDD gave me a digits error as i found out it means i should replace it but my question is might it be the problem nbsp nbsp Im able to get into system at least for a few minutes so if you have anything that would help me i really appreciate it I just need to find the real problem for sure to know its gonna work after i let it be fixed It seems weird to me to be able to surf HDD files when the computer isnt pressured and after i play youtube video it just dies i dont understand computers but it doesnt feel like HDD is the reason of shutting down to me nbsp Thank you very much

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavillion-dv7-Shutting-down/td-p/5763979
Relevancy 32.68%

when I start my hp pavilion xt938 it beeps and nothing on the screen

A:Hp Pavillion xt938

Have you read this?http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htmOlder Desktop computers can stop when the CMOS battery fails.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,147220.0.html
Relevancy 32.68%

DEAR HP FORUM PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME I OWN A M MEDIA CENTRE UK SPEC IT WAS PURCHASED IN BUT HAS BEEN KEPT IN STORAGE PAVILLION WINDOWS XP HP ON FOR THE PAST YEARS WINDOWS XP ON HP PAVILLION IN ITS ORIGINAL BOX I UNPACKED IT AND SET IT UP WEEKS AGO SO IT IS LIKE NEW I AM ON WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK MY C DRIVE HAS GB FREE AND MY D DRIVE HAS GB FREE MY DISK DRIVE IS FACTORY INSTALLED IT IS A LITE ON DVDRW SHW H S MY PROBLEM IS THIS I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO WATCH DVDS ON MY PC SOME DVD S WILL NOT BOOT I HAVE TRIED THESE ON MY WIFES LAPTOP AND THEY BOOT FINE WHEN DVDS DO BOOT UP THE FRAMES AND SOUND STAMMER THE WORDS SPOKEN SOUND DISTORTED ALMOST ROBOTIC AND JUST UNWATCHABLE I AM NOT AN EXPERT ON A PC BUT WITH HP TROUBLE SHOOTER I HAVE TRIED THE FOLLOWING THINGS I REINSTALLED THE AUDIO DRIVER THIS DID NOT WORK I REINSTALLED DVD PLAY THIS DID WORK IF I WANT TO WATCH DVD S THROUGH THIS PROGRAM IF I GO TO WATCH THE SAME DVD THROUGH MEDIA PLAYER OR MEDIA CENTRE OR VLC MEDIA PLAYER I STILL GET THE SAME PROBLEMS I HAVE ALSO RAN CHKDSK AND DONE A DEFRAG SO I CAN WATCH DVDS THROUGH DVD PLAYER AND I ALSO DOWNLOADED WINDVD AND DVDS PLAY PERFECT THROUGH THIS HOWEVER THIS IS ONLY FOR A DAY FREE TRIAL PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ADVISE ME ON WHY THE DRIVE WONT BOOT SOME DVD S WHY IS THE STUTTERING HAPPENING WITH MY PICTURE AND AUDIO THROUGH MEDIA PLAYER MEDIA CENTRE VLC MEDIA BUT NOT THROUGH DVD PLAY AND WINDVD ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

A:WINDOWS XP ON HP PAVILLION

Hi .

My initial impression...since they play in one program, it's probably a codecs issue. This may be complicated by the fact that this system has been insert/unused for 4 years and may be lacking various updates for the O/S which have been issued since then.

Since you have SP3 installed...I have to ask what version of WMP is installed...and have you installed any of the other noncritical updates pertaining to XP that might impact DVD play/WMP?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/341165/windows-xp-on-hp-pavillion/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello I have a hp pavilion w I have recently bought a game that requires a better graphics card than the integrated graphics available I have a agp in my pc but hp agp 533w pavillion after i bought my new graphics card i discovered the port in my pc is too small for the new card I purchased a GeForce hp pavillion 533w agp and the plug in does not line up it is offset by like an inch is there a specific brand of card i need to buy or is my pc just too old to be upgraded with a decent card and what is hp pavillion 533w agp the best card i can buy that will fit in the slot available on my machine also not sure I have two open slots on one says P G -LA and the other has like a little yin-yang and a CE by it wich is the AGP sorry didn t mean to ramble but I am really frustrated that I spent a hundred bucks on a card that I can t even use JKdolittle nbsp

Relevancy 32.68%

How do I get my computer to unlock on administration I'm the only one I changed my password and I forgot to write it down I locked myself out help

A:Pavillion dv73160us

Amanda. When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times. Post any code. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavillion-dv73160us/td-p/5660635