Windows Support Forum

Hardware Diagnostics Short DST Failure Code

Q: Hardware Diagnostics Short DST Failure Code

Possibly a quick question - I'm unable to load Windows and I've got Short DST Failure: Q0AFV3-7PD89P-PXPALJ-60Q503 with Product ID: K5G63AA#ABA. Is this just a failed hard drive or something else? I can install a new HD without problem. If it's something else then I've obviously got bigger problems. That failure code sheet isn't exactly written for the semi-technologically inclined. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Hardware-Diagnostics-Short-DST-Failure-Code/td-p/5836671
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hardware Diagnostics Short DST Failure Code

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 22.79%

Corsair is well known for its PC components spanning a range of categories -- from memory to cases, power supplies, cooling and more. But this year it's trying something new with Bulldog, a barebones, console-like Mini-ITX box that's designed for...

Read more

A:Corsair goes for the living room with Bulldog PC kit, supports liquid cooling and high-end hardware

The case looks downright awful too me. I wouldn't have that thing displayed in my lounge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-goes-for-the-living-room-with-bulldog-pc-kit-supports-liquid-cooling-and-high-end-hardware.213594/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi guys, while playing DOTA 2 (on lowest settings), I am experiencing the problem that my FPS is down to 30 almost all of the time. This started about a month ago and is really annoying to me, which is why I decided to updgrade my hardware in order to fix this problem. Now I am facing the problem though that I have no idea which parts of my hardware cause the low performance and thus need to be exchanged, some help would be very much appreciated.

I have the Medion Erazer X6817 with the following hardware:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.20 GHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
RAM: 4GB DDR3

Some Additional Facts:

I use a LG 24MPHQ Monitor to display the game at 1920x1080 resolution
When playing RAM usage is constantly at about 3,2 GB, CPU Usage pending between 15 and 45
So what part of my notebook do I have to upgrade to improve my FPS?

A:Hardware Upgrade to fix low FPS?

If you can upgrade your RAM to 8 gigs that might help; it seems to be the sweet spot for gaming. Otherwise Dota 2 is not that demanding on hardware.

As one who is experiencing League of Legends disconnects I have found through the help of jobeard and Rage_3K_Moiz that it probably has to do with my internet connection. Here are 2 that I ran (both are safe) to check for Packet Loss:

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/
http://www.dslreports.com/pingtest

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-to-fix-low-fps.208832/
Relevancy 22.79%

When booting up my computer, directly after auto-detecting SATA devices, my computer regularly gives me an error that alternately reads "Primary Hard Disk Failure, Press F1 to Resume..." or "Secondary Hard Disk Failure, Press F1 to Resume..." Sometimes the word "Slave" or "Master" are there after the words "Primary" or "Secondary" in there as well. While the content of the message varies, the result is usually the same: The startup process lags after auto-detecting the drives, then gives me this error.

I have three SATA hard drives and a DVD drive plugged in to my mb via SATA. When no HDD are detached, but I have boot media in the DVD drive, the computer starts up quickly and normally, with no errors. When any or all of the HDDs are plugged in, I receive the above error. I borrowed a HDD from my roommate, plugged it in, attempted to boot up and still received the error. None of the HDD are bad, and it would be a pretty big coincidence for all four I've tested to fail at once.

What could the problem be?

A:Primary Hard Disk Failure, Press F1 to Resume

UPDATE:

When I plug in just one or two of the HDD + the DVD drive, the computer boots fine. When I plug in three HDD + DVD drive, failure! Do I perhaps need to upgrade my power supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/primary-hard-disk-failure-press-f1-to-resume.208761/
Relevancy 22.79%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-g-sync-technology-is-coming-to-laptops-no-custom-hardware-required.208532/
Relevancy 23.65%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is my current setup and am wondering if there's anything that can be improved.
primary hard drive 210GB Samsung SSD
secondary hard drive 931 GB Western Digital
8 GB DDR 3 dual channel memory
2TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive
Intel i5 2500K processor (not overclocked)
After running Winaero WEI tool I was supprised to see my primary hard drive is the bottle neck as it's SSD. Is there a way I can tell that SSD is primary, and not the old hard drive?

I run Windows 8.1 as main computer, then with VMware I run Windows 7 from secondary hard drive (all of its files are on secondary hard drive).

I noticed with the VM running some programs take a while to load the first time. For example Maple and Photoshop take 10 seconds, but if they are closed and open again then they take 2 seconds to open. Also with the VM and Firefox running 75% of memory is used. Does this mean I need more RAM?

A:Best setup with hardware

All that means is drive as far as windows is concerned is slower than the graphics card, memory ,and processor is. that means nothing. u'r computer is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-setup-with-hardware.206940/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 23.65%

There use to be an official site where one could buy the Alpha Shield but I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know what became of this product or if it's useful? I've only heard good things about it.

A:Whatever happened to the Alpha Shield hardware firewall?

Jskid, I just ran across your question (on Oct.28, 2014!) I bought one in 2004...it worked well until three years later when we moved to the Niagara Peninsula, at which time the unit simply cut all access to the Net. A tech tried it, and said "Toss it." A rather expensive lesson.
Brian, sadder/poorer/wiser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whatever-happened-to-the-alpha-shield-hardware-firewall.166371/
Relevancy 23.22%

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

A:Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, I have a Verbatim Store n' go ex hard drive which used to work perfectly with usb 3.0 and 2.0. A few weeks ago it stopped working with 2.0 and now not even with 3.0. When I plug it in the hard disk starts to rotate and lights up normally, but is never shown on the drive list. The computer doesn't even do the beep sound when a usb device is connected. I tried on 2 different pc's but they show no result.

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hard-drive-failure.204788/
Relevancy 23.65%

Greetings I ve moved to another country where electricity is not stable and goes high low or even disconnect power failure many times a day So i brought an old UPS i have discovery and connected it to the outlet and connected the PC and the LCD screen to it Sometimes when the electricity goes high down the UPS seems can t regulate fast enough or when the electricity disconnect the UPS can t change to battery mode fast enough so the PC restarts I though the problem is from the UPS so i bought failure during My despite restarts UPS PC power a new one iXA PRO which also has a built in AVR with wide input range of - Vac wide range of input frequency output short circuit protection overload protection and the transfer time My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS is ms I connected the PC and the LCD screen My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS to the new UPS and connected my modem and an external hard to the old one Surprisingly when the electricity went high low or when it disconnected the modem did not reset but my PC restarted which means that the old UPS is still working and the problem is from the PC itself I use My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS a very god power supply Blue Storm - wat so any idea what the problem could be Note When the electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC doesn t actually restart it just half turned off i mean i can still hear the fans rolling but there is nothing on the screen and i have to turn it off then on Note Sometimes when electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC keeps working normally Thanx in advance nbsp

A:My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS

My guess is your power supply in your PC uses active PFC (Power Factor Control) while your uninterruptible power supply is likely rated for a passive PFC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-restarts-during-power-failure-despite-ups.159403/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi new to the forum and newbie-level in knowledge with handling for Safety and art junk in storing hardware hardware So sorry for how my questions sound Also I didn t know where else to put this I d just found out that computers have toxic parts and am just wondering I have some old laptops and parts Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art flash drives hard drives etc Are the levels of these metals in a few - flash drives laptops and hard drives high enough to be Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art considered toxic Anything else I should watch out for I want to store a bunch of old computers laptops flash drives and hard drives from old laptops until I get the time to sort them out to resell them but I live in the tropics and don t know how to store them properly Should I be worried about heat And I held and will hold internal parts the internal hard drives taken out of old laptops barehanded--is Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art that okay Or it s not dangerous unless they re broken up Is there a difference between internal hard drives and the internal parts of flash drives I admit I m also thinking of making money off of the laptops flash drives and parts by uh trying art I admit I m not an artist but I m thinking of taking that up as a hobby and yes additional income source in case the reselling doesn t work I know of someone who does something related with internal parts of old computers we re not close so I got the idea there Is this idea viable for me And if it can be done anything I have to watch out for Any precautions I have to take Can I for instance paint on or glue them will the paint or glue affect anything Which parts--the green board the black chips anything else my amateur mind hasn t picked up Drill holes or cut them anything--green board black chips etc via scissors knife to make a picture frame Christmas tree decor or a keychain If I make a keychain for instance will I have to watch what kind of material for the hook I should pick out Is it dangerous if I use a hammer to dismantle a flash drive I don t know how else to pry open the casing Can I do all of this barehanded About heat my only storage option is prone to getting hot I admit I am more worried about say the metal getting hot enough to release fumes and the like than about whether the parts get too damaged to work properly Would heat do that nbsp

A:Safety in storing and handling hardware for junk art

I've never heard of this problem, but I suppose if lead-based solder was used, it could give off fumes. I'm not an expert in the field, but I have all kinds of old hardware parts that I've stored, dismantled, used, handled, melted, painted, what have you... never had any issues. Battery packs from laptops might be of concern though. They can fail and vent, resulting in fire or leakage of bad juju. Best toss them or store them properly (this you would have to research).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safety-in-storing-and-handling-hardware-for-junk-art.201627/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

Old Dell computer running Windows XP that was never backed up and I am trying to recover files and photos. I get NTLDR is missing when I boot. I've used Testdisk/Photorec to try to recover my data but when going through the recovered data it seems to be all system files that I know nothing about. I used Ubuntu on the Dell to run Testdisk. I also hooked up the hard disk to my laptop with a hard disk adapter and got the same results.I also ran a NTLDR boot disk but ended up with the same NTLDR is missing message. I dont have a XP recovery disk. Anybody that has had this issue please help!

A:NTLDR is missing. Hard Drive Failure.

Trobles86 said:

I also hooked up the hard disk to my laptop with a hard disk adapter and got the same results.Click to expand...

If you have access to another PC or laptop then you can connect the hard drive in to that machine and get the files you wanted to recover from your hard drive in there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntldr-is-missing-hard-drive-failure.203104/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a HDTV consisting of a GA-P55A-UD7 and an Intel I7 processor and W7x64. It is hooked up to a Panasonic P50V10 plasma TV via HDMI. Over the last several months, I have gone through THREE video cards. The last one lasted only three days. I doubt my luck can be that bad regarding video cards so it must be something else. I have never heard of a monitor blowing video cards via an HDMI interface but anything is possible I guess. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeated-video-card-failure.202803/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello folks. I'm from Brazil. I would like to know if there is a good place to buy Computer parts and Gaming Laptop in Toronto. I'm going to Toronto soon and I'll study English at King George International College (150 Eglinton E. Toronto, ON M4P 1E8). Is there a Computer Store near from KGIC?

Thanks.

A:Where can I buy hardware in Toronto?

You can order parts from Newegg.ca or Amazon.ca and send them to your dorm room. As for hardware stores, I think a store called Frys is big in Canada.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-can-i-buy-hardware-in-toronto.192343/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello

When I play Diablo 3 I get some fps drops , usually at the same places. usually im around 130 FPS but can go down to 50 or even 25 sometimes when its bad. its not unplayable but its no fun at all.

The places are demanding I guess, there is a lot of **** on the screen and action all around.

My current setup :

Nvidia 780Ti HOF , goes to around 60C during load
i5 4570 goes to around 65 during load
8 GB ram,

Im assuming the 780Ti should be able to handle Diablo 3 even when its demanding?

I used an AMD r9 290 earlier and got the same issue at the same places.

Before I changed card from the 290 to 780Ti I formated my computer and installed Windows 8 Pro.

So it shouldnt be any software causing this,

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it perhaps my CPU?

What can I do?

if you want to I can record the actual gameplay and show you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drop-when-playing-diablo-3-something-wrong-with-my-hardware.201463/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi, I want to know if Motherboard GIGABYTE Z87X-UD3H is suitable with the GPU unit GIGABYTE GV-N65TOC 1GI ??
how to know if that GPU unit will use what kind of PCI port??

thanks guys.

A:Help to match the hardware

Yes it will work fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-match-the-hardware.201306/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am building a new system for editing/rendering and have two options currently - any comments, critiques are welcome
option 1
core i7 4770 3.4GHZ quad core processor
MSI Motherboard with 4 memory slots, USB 3.0 and all of the goodies
32 GB of corsaire 1600 RAM
120GB solid state hard drive
3TB mechanical hard drive
2GB dedicated graphics card XFX R7-260x
Noctua CPU cooler with 2 fans

or Option 2
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-B1 Black ATX Full Tower Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan X4
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

A:Please critique my hardware

jeff young said:

I am building a new system for editing/rendering and have two options currently - any comments, critiques are welcome
option 1
core i7 4770 3.4GHZ quad core processor
MSI Motherboard with 4 memory slots, USB 3.0 and all of the goodies
32 GB of corsaire 1600 RAM
120GB solid state hard drive
3TB mechanical hard drive
2GB dedicated graphics card XFX R7-260x
Noctua CPU cooler with 2 fans

or Option 2
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler:Noctua NH-U14S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card
Case: NZXT Phantom 530 CA-PH530-B1 Black ATX Full Tower Case
Case Fan: Noctua NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM 120mm Fan X4
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm Fan
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD WriterClick to expand...

Well your first option does not have much information on it so based off the two sets of specs alone I would say go with your second option since your mostly doing editing.

However, what program are you useing for video editing might I ask? If you are using Adobe, I would definitly go with an AMD card since Adobe likes OpenCL and AMD cards are better at OpenCL than Nvidia.

I would say your selections for the second are quite nice, just swap the 660 for something like this and you will be good if your using Adobe.

Also, I would jump your PSU up to a 600 watt if your going with this setup. 500 Would be to close to the bare minimum and for last-ability I would go with a 600 or 650 watt minimum to keep the system open for overclocking and to insure overworking the PSU is not an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-critique-my-hardware.200093/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a problem with a batch of Dell optiplex 980's, for some reason the Main boards fail at a alarming rate.

According to Dell it is the memory controller that fails.

Error Lights 1,3,4 are on nothing on screen, power led solid blue about 10 error beeps!

Dell tech replaced the main boards and all is fine for a while but same problem persists.

Also according to Dell level 6 tech, it could be over heating, I had some fun proving them wrong, two PC's sealed in a box , hammering them, Temp between 85 Celsius - 90 Celsius in the sealed enclosure, optical drive started melting, cooled the PC's for a day and powered back on, no problems!!

Does any one out there maybe have a issue similar to this on the optiplex 980, main board failures?

A:Motherboard failure issue on Dell Optiplex 980

Dell Optiplex 980 Lights 134 on no screen

Yes I have exactly the same problem. Turned PC on this morning lights 134 on plus blue power light but no screen at all. Still under warranty, phoning dell in the morning - I will keep you posted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-failure-issue-on-dell-optiplex-980.169232/
Relevancy 32.25%

Couple days I got new a case Corsair Graphite 230T Orange. I installed mother board P8Z77-V LX, new cooler Evo212. I THINK I installed the motherboard right in the case. I had to remove 1 pin that was blocking the placement of the board.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=pvyjc&s=5#.UuQzWxA1iUk

A:New case possible short circuiting home

There is 1 board mounting post that needs to be left out from time to time. I even believe I've seen phenolic, or some type of composition pins to be put in that position.

If you look carefully at you board, you may be able to spot the position, by the lack of ground tracks running to it.

Best I can do. BTW, I don't really trust any thing to do with "tinyURL" or similar links. No offense intended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-case-possible-short-circuiting-home.199656/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello there Didnt know where to post it so I made it under quot Device Drivers quot Anyway I want help for building my own gaming PC I m going to give full specs and I also add picture of the case end of this post So the first thing is how big should be my power supply I know that my CPU should take something about W GPU should take around W Speakers around W I dont know how much will take power the Monitors though but I have in mind FHD or something like that Also can somone make clear to me the diffrence between HDD and SSD If I buy HDD then should I necessarily need SSD If I do then how much SSD should I get Ive seen some PC s on sale which has like TB HDD and GB SSD others have GB SSD Specs GB CRUCIAL RAM MB AMD A SFM MATX A M-E MSI MOTHERBOARD AMD R x GPU AMD Athlon II x Quad core GHz CPU Sharkoon T Value Green CASE Now about the GPU should I take the GB or GB The Hardware questions money difference is few bucks Also which company made GPU should I take MSI SAPPHIRE GIGABYTE XFX POWERCOLOR Some of these are called OC-edition toxic-edition boost-edition BF and so on GIGABYTE GV-R XOC- GD-GA Radeon R X Sharkoon T Value Green Hardware questions THANKS nbsp

A:Hardware questions

Matis said:

Hello there

Didnt know where to post it so I made it under "Device Drivers".

Anyway, I want help for building my own gaming PC. I'm going to give full specs and I also add picture of the case end of this post.
THANKSClick to expand...

Hi Matis.
Welcome! And... a couple of pointers...

1) Questions about Builds should go in THIS Forum. Be sure to read the stickies at the top first.
Mailpup (Or another mod) may notice and move your inquiry for you.

2) You generally should post the same question only once and only in one place. Otherwise some of the mods and others tend to get a bit cranky.

3a) You might post an intro, here. Ravisunny2 has taken up the mantle of welcoming newcomers, and offering some helpful links on how to get the most of your Techspot Experience. This is something I used to do, and Kimsland before me. Ravisunny2's post is basically the same as I was welcomed with and which I used to welcome others.

3b) Right now, on this topic, just be a bit patient, and hope that Mailpup notices, and moves your post. Likely will happen within a few days.

4) THEN One or more of those experienced with your particular questions will chime in after it is moved. I have done some recent builds, but I do tend to overbuild. Others will be more inclined to help you squeeze the most bang for the buck. You might review the stickies I mentioned above, and be ready to answer those questions.

I am not going to cross post this answer to your other/duplicate post.
Enjoy your time with us!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-questions.199304/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello I have owned my computer for years for my birthday However in May I began having some issues When I would power on the computer the display would not turn on After a few restarts the display began to work again The display was connected to my Gigabyte GeForce GTX TI I tried the monitor on another computer and it worked fine This issue stopped for some time until one month ago The issue reoccurred and would not correct itself after multiple reboots I removed the graphics card and plugged the display into the motherboard and it worked fine I then cleaned my computer RAM slots and graphics card port After this I retried my graphics card and it has been working fine up until this point Last night I unplugged the peripherals USB keyboard mouse and headphones then plugged them back in turned my computer off and went to bed I did this because they were generating too much light motherboard failure Possible when I Possible motherboard failure was sleeping When I awoke this morning I turned my computer on but my headphones began crackling and the sound cut out occasionally I then tried another port and got a Windows message stating that there was a malfunction I have tried other devices in this port since and they work fine possible headphones broken - yet to try on another computer I powered off my computer then back on to find my graphics card no longer worked same situation as described above I have ensured the GFX card is plugged in correctly Here are my specs Motherboard ASUS P H -MLE CPU Intel Core i - GHz GFX card Gigabyte GeForce GTX TI OS Windows Home Premium RAM gig I don t mind if it is the GFX card I am looking at another one for my birthday but I don t have the money to buy both a motherboard AND a GFX card Please help me Jessica nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-motherboard-failure.199227/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have an msi 4 beeps, short long 2 motherboard which I think uses AMI BIOS code and I accidently changed a setting on the BIOS menu and then it restarted and gave me short beeps along with a message that flashed kinda fast saying something along the lines of quot please insert usb flash disk with bios file quot CHECKING FOR USB DEVICE quot DEVICE NOT Found quot Afterwards I removed anything in the USB slots and tried but still got the same message I then read that some people solved the issue 4 short beeps, 2 long by removing the power cord and waiting before removing the CMOS I waited minutes to insure that the extra charge dissipated then 4 short beeps, 2 long removed it I waiting for about minutes before reinstalling it and now I got short beeps a pause and then long beeps I also have no image on the monitor I tried looking into the beeps but I couldn t find a description of this code I could find info for short and info for long but I m not sure what this means either I am not over clocking either It WAS running windows Motherboard gm E - fx GPU MSI Radeon HD CPU AMD FX A single TB Western Digital black HDD Any help would be much appreciated to solving this nbsp

A:4 short beeps, 2 long

Try to used your onboard video card.. pull out your external video card...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-short-beeps-2-long.199083/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently had my cpu fan fail, I woke up to a bios message indicating CPU fan error, and of course when I check it, it was just kinda twitching around. I'm not sure how long the computer was powered up with that error message, but I suspect it was around 5-6 hours. Windows was running beforehand. But since replacing the fan I've noticed the performance has dropped a little bit and the system isn't as stable as it used to be, but its not consistent. I have small issues such as short and random freezing for a couple seconds, and the computer doesn't wake from sleep mode. These didn't start happening until after the cpu fan failure and I was wondering how likely is it that there is some cpu damage?

A:CPU damage after fan failure?

You are kind of lucky That it still works. You may want to remove the CPU and apply some new thermal compound. This may help you out with the problem. Plus I am sure some one here might have a few suggestion.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-damage-after-fan-failure.194161/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello guys,

I'm a computer software engineer and have some good skills on that area of computer world. But my knowledge about the hardware of the computer is poor. I guess best thing for start to be familiar with hardware is to knowing the CPUs and Graphic cards and like those. I'd like to entrust it to you to suggest me a good reference (such as a free ebook) for being familiar with computer hardware

A:How to become a computer hardware expert/technician?

If you want to become accustomed to the terms and such, I recommend you visit our forum often and check out some of our responses to hardware questions . Here are some good books: One, Two, three.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-become-a-computer-hardware-expert-technician.198211/
Relevancy 23.22%

Recently I was doing a research about a memory update for my G - LA Notebook and in many websites including the Netbook User s Manual I found that this Notebook could be upgraded up to Gb of memory So Upgrading Notebook Failure G42-365LA HP Memory I bought two RAM memories of Gb each one SoDIMM DDR PC - MHz according to researched specifications But the thing is that when I installed them I couldn t enter into the OS it sent me to the Windows Error Recovery window directly and whichever option I choose it reboots and it keeps doing that Well I tried installing just one memory alone and the result is different it came up with the BSOD giving me different errors each time I reboot the Netbook These errors are BAD POOL HEADER PFN LIST CORRUPT IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I ve tried to reinstall the OS with memories installed but the result is the same My Notebook is a HP G - LA Windows Home Premium x Service Pack Intel Core i CPU M GHz I don t know if I was cheated by the manufacturer website and or the others websites that s why I need your help P S When I installed just one memory module I can see The Windows intro logo but just for two seconds or so And I tried to install quot Ubuntu desktop amd x quot with just one Gb memory module inserted and everything was good but it wasn t with the two cards installed nbsp

A:Upgrading Memory Failure HP G42-365LA Notebook

One of the stick of ram maybe bad. Try them each one at a time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-memory-failure-hp-g42-365la-notebook.197400/
Relevancy 23.22%

Checking file system on C The type to failure? close Hard Drive of the file system is NTFS Volume label is JARVIS A disk check has been scheduled Windows will now check the disk CHKDSK is verifying files stage of file records processed File verification completed large file records processed bad Hard Drive close to failure? file records processed EA records processed reparse records processed CHKDSK is verifying indexes stage of index Hard Drive close to failure? entries processed Index verification completed unindexed files scanned unindexed files recovered CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors stage of file SDs SIDs processed Cleaning up unused index entries from index SII of file x Cleaning up unused index entries from index SDH of file x Cleaning up unused security descriptors Security descriptor verification completed data files processed CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal USN bytes processed Usn Journal verification completed CHKDSK is verifying file data stage of files processed File data verification completed CHKDSK is verifying free space stage of free clusters processed Free space verification is complete Adding bad clusters to the Bad Clusters File CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the master file table MFT bitmap CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap Windows has made corrections to the file system KB total disk space KB in files KB in indexes KB in bad sectors KB in use by the system KB occupied by the log file KB available on disk bytes in each allocation unit total allocation units on disk allocation units available on disk Internal Info a d e f Q J- c Windows has finished checking your disk Please wait while your computer restarts and also ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- CrystalDiskInfo Shizuku Edition C - hiyohiyo Crystal Dew World http crystalmark info ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- OS Windows Home Premium SP Build x Date -- Controller Map ---------------------------------------------------------- Intel R Mobile Express Chipset SATA AHCI Controller ATA - ST LM HN-M MBB - HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GT N -- Disk List --------------------------------------------------------------- ST LM HN-M MBB GB pd - st ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ST LM HN-M MBB ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Model ST LM HN-M MBB Firmware AR Serial Number S TBJ C Disk Size GB Buffer Size KB Queue Depth of Sectors Rotation Rate RPM Interface Serial ATA Major Version ATA -ACS Minor Version ATA -ACS version Transfer Mode SATA Power On Hours hours Power On Count count Temparature C F Health Status Caution Features S M A R T APM AAM bit LBA NCQ APM Level h OFF AAM Level FE h ON -- S M A R T -------------------------------------------------------------- ID Cur Wor Thr RawValues Attribute Name Read Error Rate Throughput Performance D B Spin-Up Time CD Start Stop Count Reallocated Sectors Count Seek Error Rate Seek Time Performance Power-On Hours A Spin Retry Count B Recalibration Retries C D Power Cycle Count D Soft Read Error Rate stab B F EA Unknown BF F G-Sense Error Rate C Power-off Retract Count C C Load Unload Cycle Count C F Temperature C Hardware ECC recovered C Reallocation Event Count C Current Pending Sector Count C Uncorrectable Sector Count C UltraDMA CRC Error Count C Write Error Rate F Head Flying Hours F CE Total Host Writes F BAF ED Total Host Reads FE Free Fall Protection -- IDENTIFY DEVICE --------------------------------------------------------- FFF C F A C D E D D D F FFF F BFC F FFFF FFF F F C C FF B F BE F C C FFFE FE DB CF AB DF C C F F F A -- SMART READ DATA --------------------------------------------------------- A B C D E F F FC FC B D CD FC FC E FC FC FC FC A FC FC B C D D A B A E F BF A F C FC FC B C D D C C C F C A D C FC FC E C F C FC FC C C C C A F F E E E C F B ED F BA FE FC FC F B E A B C D E ... Read more

A:Hard Drive close to failure?

Why is it 47C? What are the SMART errors causing it to say 'caution'?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-close-to-failure.196307/
Relevancy 24.08%

Well, many of you may already be aware of this, but intel has built a backdoor into every vpro processor since ivy bridge and the possibilities can be both useful(fixing tech problems remotely)and sickening(feds framing you with files of incrimination by adding them to your hard drive while off)or maybe(a hacker takes over your computer) and of course industrial sabotage . If you care for personal privacy then you might want to read up. http://www.prisonplanet.com/secret-3g-intel-chip-gives-snoops-backdoor-pc-access.html ​

A:Intel hardware backdoor

Does this only apply to the vpro enterprise processors?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-hardware-backdoor.196671/
Relevancy 23.22%

While transportation, probably my Harddisk must have moved or something, now I cant access it.
I have a Western Digital 1TB HD, and a Western Digital 500 GB HD.
Here's an image explaining whats going on! Can anyone help me with this?

A:PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

The message

pxe-61: media failureClick to expand...

is telling you that

the CD has nothing mounted which is bootable
the HD has nothing that is bootable
so it tries to boot using the NIC interface and it too has failed
You need to investigate the MBR and the C:\ partition for validity

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable.196241/
Relevancy 24.51%

Watercooling kit Hardware Help CPU Hey guys evening morning afternoon So I have ordered up k asus hero vengeance pro x GB and Corsair ax and are in need of a WC components for the CPU cooling thermal paste suggestions and whether CLU is worth it tips id appreciate as well So far for the Waterblock I am sticking with XSPC Raystorm which il (CPU) kit Watercooling hardware help get red leds for at some later stage For RAD I need a slim for Cosmos top In terms of a reservoir I am going with a cylinder type something along the lines of this When it comes to tubing black and no restrictions on flex or thickness as long as it all fits within the other components of course Rest of the parts such as the pumps and fittings I have no idea about If you guys could recommend me some rads pumps fittings and anything else I might need id greatly appreciate that Iv never WCooled before and with k getting Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) rather hot for Ghz id love to get into WCling ASAP My price range is under the cheaper the better but best Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) possible Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU) temps for a good price Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Watercooling kit hardware help (CPU)

Send a pm to red1776. His setup is more extensive than my own. I'll probably only be chiming on every so often as while I have built my own WC'ing system I haven't built many

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/watercooling-kit-hardware-help-cpu.194730/
Relevancy 22.36%

I got this laptop in for repairs recently and it has been a very tricky one I already told the client that I don t think it can be fixed but my curiosity has driven me to keep working on it This system came in unable to startup freezes during startup or said no boot device present I pulled the HDD out and scanned it from another computer Sure enough every error check would freeze around Note that I said freeze not display an error I would have to end task to close the windows drive check Chkdsk r from command prompt resulted in the same freezing partway through Disk copy and clone software would also freeze partway So during failure - drive after Toshiba Shuts OS install A305-S6898 off Satellite I copied the users files off manually and went to load a new Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure HDD in the laptop Every Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure time the OS install disk would load there would be Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure problems Sometimes it would freeze during the quot loading windows quot screen of the windows install Sometimes it would get to the install process and freeze right after selecting the disk to use Lately the most common problem is at variable points in the initial install loading process the system will just power cycle and restart At this point I ran memtest and found no errors Just the same I switched out the RAM and still it had problems I tried multiple different OS install disks and set bios back to defaults The problem persisted never being able to install a new OS I tried different hard drives external dvd drive and installing from a USB stick Oddly enough half of my repair utilities simply won t load things like seagate disk utilities paragon and acronis disk directors either freezing or giving weird errors like quot cd drive not present quot or quot memory not found quot The only thing that will run without freezing or restarting seems to be memtest which makes me think it s not an overheating issue since this can run for hours Frankly I m stumped It seems odd that the hard drive failed at the same time as whatever component is causing this problem so I assume either coincidence or some sort of drive controller failure that caused damage to the drive as well as making the system freeze while loading most any volume Any thoughts nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure

Yeah, it may be a motherboard issue... Have you tried removing or resetting the CMOS battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a305-s6898-shuts-off-during-os-install-after-drive-failure.193323/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey,
I have a Zotac GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition graphics card. I have been trying to install my graphics card for quite some time now :/ When I open the installation driver, it says "nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware". I cannot find my graphics card in the device manager. The only graphics card I can find is the inbuilt Intel graphics. Can someone help me install my driver? Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics driver could not find compatible hardware

Should I uninstall my Intel driver?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-driver-could-not-find-compatible-hardware.192314/
Relevancy 60.63%

I think its the program that started up automatically one day shortly after I got this W7 on 12/23/12. Like most pop ups, I quickly X'd out of it not knowing what it was.
The second time it happened, I let it go & it showed 100% ok. I think that was in January & I haven't seen it pop up since but if it has & it finished & disappeared on its own,ok.
Anyhow, I think I relocated it manually & Alerts was blinking. I clicked on it & saw this.

I think the Freedom Scientific Mirror thing is the program the original owner asked me for & I asked in here. I can't fing the thread thou.
The "Unknown Device" is just that, unknown.
Any suggestions? Or just leave it alone?

A:Hardware diagnostics tools

You might what to uninstall the Freedom Scientific Mirror display Driver, If it applies to nothing you are using, This may or may not take care of the unknown device problem at the same time. As far as the HP hardware diagnostic program. This is just a software tool Hp installs in there software to alert you of problems. Have it in my computer to. Have never really used it though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-diagnostics-tools.190725/
Relevancy 22.36%

Need to replace r29 & r30 resistors that were burnt beyond recognition, but have had no success in locating schematics or color code. Found a picture of the board online but to small to identify bands. Any help would be appreciated!

A:Altec Lansing ACS621 resistor color code

Resister codes

b - black = 1
b - brown = 2
r - red = 3
o - orange = 4
y - yellow = 5
g - green= 6
b - blue = 7
v - violet = 8
g - green = 9
w - white = 0
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_color_code

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/altec-lansing-acs621-resistor-color-code.190330/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two years with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially I e C D E amp F The problem started with partition #83" attribute "1720-SMART failure failing? drive detects imminent hard failed: ... HDD error F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing?

The fundamentals still apply:

for every partition ?X?
chkdsk ?X? /f /r​
The /R will remap bad sectors in an effort to avoid future I/o errors.

a} fix all partitions
b} get the SMART data and save it for reverence (it will not be reset to zero by chkdsk)
c} view the SMART data every day
d} look for increasing statistics

PLAN on getting a new HDD asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83-failing.190152/
Relevancy 32.25%

Well hello a few days ago I stumbled on my own feet and my laptop slipped out of my hands breaking the hinges until I will get LCD short cable circuit new parts I decided to still use it today while watching a movie the lid curved back a little leaving me with a white screen adjusting the lid back fixed the problem although it happened everal more times with either white or blavk screen later forgetting the hinge issue I laid it down on the table when it seemed to crash and shut itself down after turning it on again I saw a flash where the lcd cable goes and smelled LCD cable short circuit something burning now the screen is black when turned on the vent starts in about seconds and after - seconds it shuts down again the cable also LCD cable short circuit obviously looks burnt so the questions are can I fix the cable would replacing it help could the short circuit have damaged other hardware is it even a cable issue that makes the shutdowns appear I have a dell latitude e and I would love the one helping me out till I die nbsp

A:LCD cable short circuit

Have you got an external monitor/tv to plug it into to test?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lcd-cable-short-circuit.189115/
Relevancy 22.79%

I just updated my Asus Eee PC 1015PN from Windows starter to Windows ultimate. Everything seems fine except for my Network controller. It says there are no connections available and it doesn't look like it recognizes my network controller.

In Computer Management, under device manager, in Other Devices - the only thing listed is Network Controller with a yellow exclamation mark. When I double click on it, it says the manufacturer is unknown and the drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28). I tried to update the driver through the system but it doesn't find anything.

In Everest, Network, PCI/PnP Network, it lists Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller and Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter. That is the only mention of my wireless adapter I could find.

Any help would be much appreciated. I can provide more info if need be. Thanks

A:Netbook not recognizing network controller - code 28

it lists Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller and Broadcom 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter.Click to expand...

It sounds like you should have 2 network controllers - one wired, the other wireless.

Are you saying it's just the wired Ethernet connector? or both not working? Did you try the ASUS web site? If one of the connectors is working, i think the ASUS site offers the option to detect your model and tell you drivers needed. Or look up your model manually on their site

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-not-recognizing-network-controller-code-28.164478/
Relevancy 23.65%

Here is a video of what happens:

Whenever I try to game longer than 10 minutes on this rig I JUST built, my PSU starts flickering like a strobe light and then my computer freezes. Sometimes it will display a random color though out the whole screen, or just go black. I have checked all my temperatures when this occurs and they are all well below average. I have ALL the latest drivers/windows updates.

In this case like many others, my screen goes black for a few seconds but then recoveres, only to have terrible FPS (I usually get 80+).

System Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (LGA 2011)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 3GB (Factory SuperClocked)

HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM

PSU: Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-S-B 850W

MB: ASRock X79 Extreme6 LGA 2011

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

What should I do?

A:PSU flickering leads to GPU failure

I dunno about the rest, but don't you have to populate all 4 RAM slots?

And seriously, Win7 32 bit? Or was that a mistake..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-flickering-leads-to-gpu-failure.188949/
Relevancy 31.82%

I recently purchased an Asus N56V Series laptop. The laptop has impressive specs, including an i7 Core and a Nvidia GT 635M graphics adaptor, so I can understand it having a below average battery life. However, I am only getting 1 to 2 hours of battery life on it, even when I am not running processor and graphic intensive programs. Product review indicate that will battery life for this laptop is below average, the battery should still last 4 hours under normal conditions.

Is there any reason why my battery life is so limited? Has anyone else had similar problems with this model of laptop?

Thanks for the help.

A:Surprisingly short battery life on new laptop

Are WiFi enabled or Bluetooth? Unless absolutely required, disable.

Also look thru the Control Panel for Power Options and be sure to reduce usage for the Battery Choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surprisingly-short-battery-life-on-new-laptop.188612/
Relevancy 24.51%

So my current pc is socket 478 im planning to upgrade to a socket 1155 I was wondering will the hard drive ect work from the 478 to the 1155 socket

to know I still have until like what next june to build this pc should I still buy an Ivy or go for a haswell even tho im on a 700 euro budget which you can cut 200 Euros alrdy from the radeon 7850 or maybe the next series? if there will be

A:Motherboard + PC hardware

Tbh I built a pc from a famous electronics shop
Note it was Just a Mix and Match to see how much the whole system would cost me and it seems that it would fit my budget
were I live and an intel i5-3570k with full manufacturing case optical drive/sound card/hard drive/motherboard/ costed me about 625 euros with vat

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-pc-hardware.187586/
Relevancy 24.08%

Doing custom build for trial of Linux distros having kernels 2.4.31 to 2.6.29. I will be using AMD processor, and three mobile-rack dedicated hard disk drives (500 to 750GB each). Prefer Nvidia graphics card, if possible (but it must not be 'HDCP-compliant' or 'HDCP-ready'). No Intel or Sony products. Price is not a consideration. Other than these provisos, I'm open to any specific hardware recommendations or general guidance, in choosing components best suited to this build.

A:Hardware suggestions sought

Good luck with that graphics card ... ? :S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-sought.186630/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have been doing research on purchasing 4-bay+ external RAID enclosure for myself. I have done research on software vs. hardware raids for this system, but one question still eludes me; so I am going to ask it here directly.

If I buy software RAID enclosure I will have to use some included software to set-up my raid. So, if I take my enclosure to another PC and plug it in (let's say eSATA) I will not be able to read the data, correct? If I get true hardware raid, the raid set up will be on the build in controller so I will be able to take the enclosure from computer to computer, right?

And since TS has new poll feature lets try it out...

A:Hardware vs. software RAID on 4-bay+ RAID enclosure

Regardless of whether you use software or hardware RAID, the enclosure will work whatever you plug it into. The only thing that might not work is connecting an individual disk (used as part of the array) into a device. It all depends on whether the device in question can read the controller used for the RAID set up.

For example, I ran with RAID 1 for two 2TB hard drives in my PC, but I can connect one of them to the same device as a non-RAID disk -- which I successfully did when the RAID broke down for an unexplained reason.

However, it is unlikely to work in a computer, and you should approach it as not working at all in anything but the RAID enclosure. It's also worth pointing out that splitting RAID disks in such a way could corrupt the data. Given that pretty much every decent RAID enclosure worth its salt will include gigabit ethernet at the size you're looking for, availability shouldn't be an issue across your LAN.

Hardware-based RAID arrays are also more reliable in operation, and have the extra benefit of being recoverable in a controller failure by replacing it with the same version as before. Software RAID's are less reliable, slower performing and in the event of a controller failure can be difficult to bring back online.

Basically, when it comes to RAID arrays, don't skimp on cost. The better the quality/controllers the more reliable and better performing it will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-vs-software-raid-on-4-bay-raid-enclosure.185358/
Relevancy 22.79%

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

I have rebooted my PC and installed the driver using Driver max. I tried reinstalling but that did not help. Any ideas on what is wrong?

The driver installed is 3DP edition Sigma v9.12 (SigmaTel C-Major Audio)

Chipset is a Intel G31 (Bearlake) + ICH7

I have no clue what the motherboard is though.

Even with this information any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

A:Sound card driver installed - but still gives Code 10

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
In your next post, click Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-card-driver-installed-but-still-gives-code-10.181181/
Relevancy 22.79%

Can anyone help with a supposed conflict Went from an ATI X Pro to Nvidia I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural conflict 12 swapping video Code cards when PS Keyboard I O Port x - x Motherboard resources I O Port x C - x DF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - I O Port x C - x DF VgaSave I O Port x - x Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard I O Port x - x Motherboard resources IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R FB Code 12 conflict when swapping video cards FBM USB Enhanced Host Controller - C IRQ Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Intel R FB FBM Code 12 conflict when swapping video cards PCI Express Root Port - IRQ Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - B Memory Address xE - xEFFFFFFF Motherboard resources Memory Address xE - xEFFFFFFF Motherboard resources Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - A IRQ OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller IRQ D-Link DWA- Wireless N Desktop Adapter IRQ Intel R FB FBM USB Universal Host Controller - IRQ Intel R FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xA - xBFFFF VgaSave I O Port x B - x BB Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - I O Port x B - x BB VgaSave Memory Address xFA - xFBCFFFFF Intel R G P GV PCI Express Root Port - Memory Address xFA - xFBCFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce nbsp

A:Code 12 conflict when swapping video cards

Did you remove all the ATI drivers. What version of Windows are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-12-conflict-when-swapping-video-cards.184715/
Relevancy 24.08%

Ok so as stated above I am new to this. I have installed memory before but that is it. I am planning on buying a new graphics card for my computer. Because I hear a integrated graphics card is not so good. But I am unsure what I am able to install! Please help me out.

My model copmuter from the manufacturers website
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03135882#N66

A:Newcomer to installing hardware

Integrated graphics...good or bad...depends on what you plan on doing. If you can post your budget, games/software you plan on running then I'm sure someone will be able to find what you need.

I see that your computer has a 300W PSU, depends on the graphics card, you might need to upgrade that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newcomer-to-installing-hardware.184563/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello helpful people of TechSpot I m creating this thread because my graphics card is reoccurring problem This problem occurs on multiple occasions I am sure loading a game Civilization V Starcraft is causing this to occur but in the past I think Video error hardware running multiple applications web browser music application games has also had the same effect This error isn t constant I have had multiple occasions where I can load multiple apps or a game as mentioned and have no video hardware error at all The only other thing I can report is before I installed my new graphics cards see specs below I had another card that I swapped out The software is still installed but I figure that doesn t effect my current graphics card I have installed the software for my new graphics card using the CD software but I fear something may have gone awry My specs are Graphics Card ASUS HD -DC TG- GD -V Radeon HD GHz Edition Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme Gen LGA Intel Z Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz Here is a log of my most recent hardware error Source Windows Summary Video hardware error Date PM Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA Video hardware error BDF E BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Video hardware error Product I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do to fix this reoccurring problem In addition a less significant question Am I able to uninstall past video card software I am wondering this because I have gotten rid of my older graphics card as mentioned above and I would like to uninstall the software because I no longer need it Thanks a ton nbsp

A:Video hardware error

Are you saying you left the software for the other Video card install.. This would mean the drivers to. If this is the case. and I am understanding you right. If so this may very well be your problem. I would uninstall the software for the old video cards software and drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-hardware-error.184185/
Relevancy 23.65%

Just wondering if this is common, or is it common to have SSDs fail after a couple of years. I've owned 4 SSDs, all for home use (OS drive) as below:
2x Corsair Nova in RAID 0 - Win 7
1x OCZ Vertex 2 - Win XP
1x Kingston SSD Now V+ - Win XP (later upgraded to win 7. This computer also was moved to another home at the time of OS upgrade).

Now, the RAID array failed and SSD was suspected after attempts to reinstall OS came up with corrupt data errors.
The other 2 just cannot be detected by BIOS anymore.

As you can see, I can't see any similarity between them. There is no similarity in programs used (not even backup programs are the same!)

So am I just unlucky or is there an issue with SSDs in general? Or maybe I'm using it wrong.... (no defrag I swear!)

A:Wondering about SSD failure rates

I have now got all of them RMA'd without a problem.

OCZ was kind enough to swap the Vertex2 to an Agility 3.
Corsair swapped the Novas to GTs. Pccasegear was kind enough to credit those for me, so I'd be picking up a larger drive instead.
The shop I bought Kingston from asked me to go directly to Kingston, but they agreed to take it back. This was the last drive I sent back so I have yet to hear from them.

Thought I'd update.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-about-ssd-failure-rates.182604/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi there I own an Alesis Multimix Firewire which I use to record music on my PC I connect this to my Computer via can (Code 12) use that free This enough it cannot device resources find VIA PCI IEEE Adapter Firewire Everything s been fine up until now it seems my computer won t recognize when the firewire cable is connected to the computer So I flipped open the motherboard and made sure the adapter was connected into the slot properly as sometimes it can slide out a bit since it is at a weird angle when the PC sits upright I rebooted again and it said that the Firewire adapter had been detected Tried connecting the Alesis and still nothing Went into System and Device Manager and under the IEEE Bus host controller tab it shows OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller with a highlighted exclamation mark over it I click into the properties of this and it says under This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) the General Tab This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system More specifically under the This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) Details Tab it says this PCI VEN amp DEV This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12) amp SUBSYS amp REV amp DC A amp amp Not sure entirely what this means I googled it and a lot of ppl saying to try and update the drivers etc but I don t think that this will do any good as the last driver was back in and I don t think any new drivers have been made since Looking for a logical answer to this one Any help would be greatly appreciated Attached a DXdiag file below too Thanks nbsp

A:This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use (Code 12)

Looks like the motherboard's USB channels or chipset needs to be updated or re-installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-device-cannot-find-enough-free-resources-that-it-can-use-code-12.180628/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have got fx 8150 processor and hd 6670 gpu but still can't run high end games like ME3 and crysis2....even deus ex human revolution stooped running after 6th level!!.......when I checked the requirements my configuration was more than suffice!...plaese any suggestions??....should I call up the manufacturer as its only a month old?

A:Got latest hardware but still can't play high end games like ME3 or Crysis 2

The 6670 is really a weak card for a game like Crysis 2... though it should fare a bit better with ME3. I think DEHR falls somewhere in the middle. Your GPU is your likely bottleneck on that system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/got-latest-hardware-but-still-cant-play-high-end-games-like-me3-or-crysis-2.183324/
Relevancy 24.94%

hello, I am looking for some help with a few questions.

my first question is: my mother board is a IPIBL-LB (Benicia), I am using a geforce 8400gts, and I have a 300 watt psu. does anyone see a problem with this? I am not meaning to joke or anything, I recently took a look at the power requirements of the graphics card and saw that I come 50 watts short. any help would be great.

the second question I have is: with the aforementioned motherboard I am looking to run a geforce gtx 285. are these compatible??? if so could anyone recommend an adequate psu that would give enough juice

any help would be great, please forgiveme as I am not tech savvy.

thanks, fghrt

A:Help with PC hardware

It might be okay, but it depends on the amperage available on the 12v rails more than the wattage really. If it runs okay, then you could continue to use it, but I would personally recommend you consider an upgrade.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-pc-hardware.183068/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi I purchased my computer a few months ago and have upgrades it twice hardware, FPS Good low with a new video card and power supply everything runs amazing Skyrim Battlefield Max Payne L A Noire Rage Witcher Mass Effect Crysis Civ Arkham City and more ALL FPS at a beautiful x yet darkness Good hardware, low FPS warhammer space marine Deus ex human revolution and saints row the third all hover at about fps no matter the settings just really frustrating that my gaming pc I have al least into already cant run a few less hardware intensive games I have all current drivers installed so I m literally at wits end here Here are my specs Mainboard Gigabyte M MT-S Chipset Family h Processor HyperTransport Configuration Processor AMD FX MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Hard Disk Seagate ST DM - BC SCSI Disk Device GB DVD-Rom Drive ATAPI iHAS B DVD-Rom Drive JKHSL TMNKLM XAZ Monitor Type E VL - inches Network Card NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition Media Center Service Pack -bit DirectX Version Windows Performance Index on Power Supply Thermaltake w Black Widow nbsp

A:Good hardware, low FPS

Please can anyone help? I don't mind spending the money to upgrade my hard drive if that's the problem, 500GB isn't enough for me anyway cause I'm thinking it's a memory problem but I don't know for sure, can't find much info on this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-hardware-low-fps.182661/
Relevancy 21.07%

Pls anyone who can advise me on how to fix this minor issue.. So I had a windows welcome tune whenever I on my PC.. but after a few minutes, there are no sounds when I watch online or some movies on my pc.. and when I click the audio icon on taskbar, it states that there are no active audio mixers.. So I just go to services.msc and windows audio then start it, then everything's fine.. not until I restart my PC.. it is set to Automatic but it just stops on its own after every restart.. I thought of having a system restore but afraid of what might happen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/there-are-no-active-audio-mixers-error-despite-having-a-functional-hardware.182911/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello, again. I recently got a new hard drive called WD (Western Drive) Scorpio 1TB. So, I set it up and stuff on the back of the computer. As flip it over and and turn on the laptop I want to hopefully see a good sign. Rather, I see nothing with a Black screen and annoying 'Beeping' sounds! I tried many times to put the windows 7 disk in and it would not work and go back to the black screen and beeping noises. Please, help!

Reference:
Model : Dell Inspiron N5030
Hardrive : WD Scorpio Blue 1tb / 8 Ram / 5400 RPM

A:New hard drive installation failure

Perhaps it isn't the hd that needed replacing.

(need some background/details before any real help can be given)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-installation-failure.181795/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys, im building my new computer and im wondering what is the best 120gb and 60gb ssd today, i look in the ocz vertex 3 and i liked him.What u think?And what u think is the best 500gb hdd sata 6gb

A:New storage hardware

OCZ makes some really great SSDs. I just installed a OCZ RevoDrive PCIe SSD, it friggin' screams!! http://www.ocztechnology.com/ocz-revodrive-x2-pci-express-ssd.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-storage-hardware.180515/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi im buying a new mobo , a x79 prob a saberthooth or a rampage formula, I want to know if either of this mobos have wireless or I need to buy a wireless card? if I need to buy do u recomend some?
thx for the help

A:Wireless hardware

I, personally, wouldn't buy a motherboard with built-in wireless. Prefer to have a separate card for upgrade purposes. To answer your question on recommended card, depends on what router you have - G, N, dual-band? If dual band, 300+300, 300+450 or 450+450?

I, typically, trust Linksys hardware, but lately had some good luck with Netgear USB network adapters.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-hardware.180534/
Relevancy 24.08%

hey guys i just want to know if i buy a USA mobo and a Korean GPU they will work as they supose to?

A:Different countries, same hardware compatibility?

Of course. As long as the GPU understands english. LOL. Just kidding.
Hardware doesn't understand human speech of any form.
So, yes, they will work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/different-countries-same-hardware-compatibility.180350/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello I am still learning so hopefully this is an easy one and I am welcoming suggestions I drive making just -- failure Hard sure! am an engineer from who played in the business world since so unfortunately that s the era and extent of my knowledgebase I am trying to salvage a dell laptop that stopped booting a while ago hard drive not found I am not worried about recovering files as I moved them all to a newer PC long ago I created Hard drive failure -- just making sure! a boot disk CD and started the system which shows the A drive as the boot files and the R drive as CD drive with additional utilities The first thing I tried was cd c and the response was quot invalid drive specification quot gt Is this the no-brainer sign Hard drive failure -- just making sure! the discard the drive and start anew PC Dell Latitude D Pentium M GHz MHz MB Memory WIndows XP Pro Goal Create a working PC for kids to use homework and exploring not gaming primarily internet browsing MS Word MS Excel Additional Questions gt Is this PC worth spending a little to restore new drive probably gt Will I need additional memory too it seemd to work fast enough when I last used it gt If the hard drive is unreadable and I don t have Windows CDs how does one re-install windows this was a pc retired by my prior workplace has product key sticker service tag etc Thanks nbsp

A:Hard drive failure -- just making sure!

It appears your hard drive is dead or damaged. Install a new hard drive, and run your reinstall. You should have no problems. But count on a long time for downloading updates using Microsoft Update.
One thing for sure, you need more memory for that Dell D600... I would put in 2 GB of Put in the largest drive you can afford. Be sure that your drive is either a SATA or an EIDE drive before you order a new one. As you probably know, that system has two memory slots for DDR PC2700. My suggestion would be to get two modules of 1 GB each... which will cost you about $35 to $40 per module, depending on where you buy them.
Because of the destruction of the hard drive factories in Thailand, laptop memory is priced very high right now... you will pay closer to $100 or more, rather than your hoped for $60.

You can get a copy of the Dell Windows CD by calling Dell or going on line... usually free... If you still have the Windows Sticker product ID on the computer. Or they are $20 on eBay.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-failure-just-making-sure.178877/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello friends My sparable savings now sum up to and it s about time I need an upgrade I know this is a really tight budget but it s the best I Hardware RAM GPU upgrade needed for or opinion could muster up for this seemingly urgent upgrade My Current Rig Only parts concerning upgrade are mentioned ASRock N -S AM AM Socket DDR - MHz GB Max Dual Channel Nvidia GeForce Integrated Graphics nForce a PCI-e x Support Single Slot Here s a link for more details www asrock com mb overview asp model n -s AMD Sempron GHz x Single Core nm Max OC GHz x KB L Cache MB L Cache Here s a link for more details http products amd com pages Deskt amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f amp f Kingmax Semiconductor DDR - MHz GB occupies one slot Western Digital Caviar Blue GB SATAII My Usage Moderate gaming Counter-Strike Source Halo Fable Transformers Mortal Combat V etc I ll get Crysis and BF soon Compression decompression hash tables etc Immediate Plans To install Windows Ultimate -bit I have already prepare all the necessary drivers and programs I just need to make sure all my games are working perfectly stable and Hardware upgrade opinion needed for RAM or GPU equally fast if not a bit superior to -bit I dont t want to end up downloading the -bit versions for all if any of the games and I doubt they will be available anyway The Dilemma As you may have already noticed I have a very entry level rig for my usage In the pursuit of performance I stumbled upon overclocking but I m afraid I have hit the hypothetical quot wall quot I realize that whatever I do and upgrade was imminent So after saving up for a long time I now have just enough money for either a RAM or a GPU I may loosen up the budget a bit if the deal is satisfying enough But the dilemma is which is the more worthy and possibly quot future-safe quot by my position investment that I should make Replacing the mobo is out of the question because that ll mean I ll have to replace qiute a few things The Candidates RAM Most likely A twin of my current Kingmax Semiconductor DDR MHz GB will occupy the second slot on the mobo GPU A little less likely i Radeon HD ii Radeon HD iii Radeon HD iv Radeon HD v Any Nvidia below Any one of these the most affordable one will take over the responsibility from the soon-to-retire Nvidia GeForce CPU least likely Either an Athlon II of Phenom II Let s see After years maybe Haha SSD The price tags made me giddy Sometime later maybe Motherboard Out of the question Years later Or until it s fried Summary Will upgrading RAM give a better performance boost for -bit or should I go for GPU I ll upgrade my CPU later most likely on an exchange offer Reduce Reuse Recycle I ll need an SSD in some time so maybe I ll get it before the CPU Any major upgrades Mobo CPU will be done no sooner than years from the time of writing this thread Thank you in advance for your time and effort Any help is truly appreciated Marnomancer nbsp

A:Hardware upgrade opinion needed for RAM or GPU

Looking at your current rig, you definitely need the best DX11 video card you can afford to ditch the on-board video. You could probably get by with 4GB of RAM for the 64-bit OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-upgrade-opinion-needed-for-ram-or-gpu.178047/
Relevancy 24.08%

Yup, sad to say. Will not show up in the BIOS.

Are there any tests or anything I can do with this SSD? Its an OCZ 120GB.

I'd like to either save it, I dont need the information on it. Or do something creative with it, (i dont know)

Anything Techspot brothers?

A:SSD failure. Any tests I can run?

Check it with another SATA lead, and on another SATA port. Also try it on another machine to confirm first.

SSD's rarely fall, and from what I've seen, when they do its either firmware related failures, or it's because defraging the disk has caused excessive write operations and worn it out. You should never, ever defrag an SSD, but many people don't realise it.

Might be worth speaking to OCZ, it might be covered by a warranty still, or have a recall for faulty firmware which might sort it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-failure-any-tests-i-can-run.177675/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently finished building a low budget gaming rig, after installing windows 7, the drivers for my hardware, doing updates...etc, my bios warned me that my hard drive's status is "BAD", I skipped this warning and booted into windows where I was informed that my hard drive could fail soon and I should back up. I should mention that I formerly used this drive in an external enclosure for almost two years before using it in my rig.

I backed up and ran crystal clear disk info (see results attached). What should my next course of action be? Could I have done something wrong in the building process to cause this?

A:Imminent disk failure?

The disk is going bad, to put it in simple terms.

It could continue for a while longer, but I would consider replacing it.

There might be an option that could repair the damage (I think), but I'm sure someone else will say if there is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/imminent-disk-failure.177517/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Guyz,
I have Toshiba Satellite C660-195 with Celeron Dual Core CPU T3500 @ 2.1 Ghz and 4GB ram. I want to upgrade my CPU for a better speed and performance (not videos and games!! ) because usually i have to run many virtual machines and heavy softwares. Are there any suggestions? would it be compatible with Corei 7 or something ? Is this possible anywayz?

A:Toshiba Satellite hardware upgrade

Most likely not, and it certainly won't work with the new generation (i5/i7) CPUs. If you're running VMs all the time I'd recommend replacing it with a laptop that has a 4 core, 4 thread (8 in total) CPU with lots of RAM (6GB+).

You current CPU is far from ideal for running VMs, given its lower performance characteristics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-hardware-upgrade.177064/
Relevancy 23.22%

I am attempting to reboot a Dell Inspiron 600m for a friend. I was able to install a fresh copy of Windows XP on it. The problem I am experiencing with it is that it often refuses to start up. I simply get a few lights, then they turn off. No attempting to run the CPU/Hard Drive etc.
I would assume the laptop is fried but it does not always do this. It also sometimes starts up and runs windows with no problems.
Any ideas on what is causing this problem and how to fix it?

A:Dell laptop intermittent startup failure

Replace the system board battery. Disassemble and reassemble by removing the keyboard and tracking down the cables... especially the cable to the screen. Replace the screen inverter card... which is cheap and will be needed sooner or later anyway. Remove, clean cpu cooling fan, and replace. Remove and replace the heat sink if the metal of the old one is rainbow colored from excessive heat.
Track all cables and connections and connectors as you re-assemble.
If it is any good, this extra work, which may take four hours (after the ordered parts come in) and you will know if you are going to have a good experience or if you have wasted your time... and your friend's time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-intermittent-startup-failure.176931/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys,
I got an intel HD Graphics 3000 and there are a lot of games i cant play with it. So i have an utility cd that has nVidia GeForce GT 525M. But when i try to install it, it says Compatible graphics hardwares not found. What must i do? should i uninstall the intel Graphics 3000 first?
Please help...I would be really grateful.

A:Compatible graphics hardware not found

This might sound like a silly question but have you installed the GeForce GT525M card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-graphics-hardware-not-found.176808/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello again,
I've got a customer with what sounds like a memory issue. I want to run Memtest86+ on it, but there is an issue. On bootup, I get "keyboard failure" and I can't enter the BIOS to change the boot device priority so that I can load Memtest86+ from a flash drive or cd. The keyboard works fine once I'm into Windows, but I can't use it before Windows loads.
Things tried:
Reset CMOS.
Unplugged all other usb devices, including card reader internally.
Checked device manager, looks clean.

Thanks for any help.

A:Keyboard failure Dell Inspiron 580

Is it a GUI BIOS? Can you unplug the keyboard and use a mouse? Is the keyboard USB or PS/2?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-failure-dell-inspiron-580.176553/
Relevancy 23.22%

So, I've reinstalled my system back to XP, and installed all of the devices but it shows that there's no sound card. It shows the "code 10" problem. I've tried to reinstall the driver, and installed different updated version,but still no luck. I have attached my dxdiag, so if anyone call tell me where's my problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-problem-code-10.176289/
Relevancy 24.08%

I checked my computer specs these are the things that I saw ASUS P VD -VM SE mobo W A PSU lt - I think Processor ideas on any card Help (I my hardware) don't with have graphics Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM lt -- I only have mb of ddr ram atm I dont have any gfx card I use the built-in one Im thinking of upgrading my pc by buying a gb ram and a gfx card to let me play my games The game I want to play is quot Heroes of Newerth quot quot SkyRim quot Call Of Duty games I dont care if i could only play in medium resolution as long as is smooth and nver gets lag I would like to know what video cards are compatible with my mobo please explain it to me thoroughly so I could understand I dont have that much money so a average card will do Another thing If I were to Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) change my Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) mobo and processor Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware) can I also use the RAM and gfx card that I bought How is that possible Are motherboards have similar sizes because I think my casing will be a problem HELP pls nbsp

A:Help with my graphics card (I don't have any ideas on hardware)

I think you're going to be bottlenecked by your CPU, RAM and PSU. If you bought 4GB of RAM (which is very cheap nowadays), a decent 500W PSU and a Radeon 6770 I think you can game on medium settings for those games.

Your mobo has a PCI-E x16 slot so all modern graphics cards will be compatible. However check to see how much space is in your case because some graphics cards are very long.

If you decide to upgrade your CPU, you will need to change the motherboard and RAM unless you get a Core 2 Duo/Quad processor, in which case you can use your existing mobo and RAM. Graphics cards are compatible either way.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-my-graphics-card-i-dont-have-any-ideas-on-hardware.176008/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, my gateway laptop has recently starting to get 8 beeps. The pattern for these beeps are 2 beeps, 2 beeps, 2 beeps, 2 beeps. Some googling points to a possible hardware or bios issue. The problem is i cannot find a solution and i cannot send my laptop to gateway because i need this laptop for school. Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

A:Gateway 8 beeps BIOS/hardware problem?

Beep Codes
As you suspect, not good news to have a beep notice of failure? but you have to talk to Gateway tech support, if you can find them. Often it is a partial system board failure caused by overheating or curling of the board. This may or may not be helpful here. We have well over 277 beep codes in the our tech lab database.

As you probably know, every time a computer is switched on it performs a short diagnostic routine known as the POST, or Power On Self Test. The POST is a small program contained in the BIOS. It checks that basic hardware is present and performs a rudimentary memory test. The POST announces the results of its routine both audibly (a series of beeps on the PC speaker) and visually (displaying a brief summary or codes on the screen).

The audible method is essential since a fault may exist with the graphics card or monitor. If all is well, the computer typically emits a single beep and carries on booting. The number and duration of the beeps is intended as a coded message and understanding them will allow you to diagnose any problems the computer may have.

The codes vary according to the manufacturer of the BIOS and the build year of the computer.. Here are some of the more common codes for two beeps we have on our list. Unfortunately, not of them are specifically listed for a Gateway laptop.: To save space they are grouped together. Remember it all depends on the BIOS and the build. Each line is a separate code, and may be from any manufacturer... I give them here as examples.

two short Parity circuit failure
two short Any non-fatal error
two short = Configuration Error (displayed on screen)
repeating two short Power Supply or System Board failure
continuous twos Supply or System Board / Keyboard stuck
one long, one short System Board failure that is preventing full normal operation
one, two, two DMA Initialization failure
one, two, three DMA Page Register Read/Write failure
two (followed by various combinations)
(First 64K RAM Chip/Data Line failure (combinations
indicate which bit)
two or four Unexpected Interrupt in Protected Mode
(tone) one, one or two System Board

For even more beep codes, take a look HERE.

Good luck.

You might want to have a first class tech take a look...

If it is a Gateway M6750 model, it could mean the motherboard is going, and it will go soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-8-beeps-bios-hardware-problem.175957/
Relevancy 23.65%

ok i have a asus netbook and i took out the hard drive and replaced it with a dell hard drive now it thinks it a dell and a asus is there any way to wipe it then load only asus hardware????

A:How to wipe a hard drive then load different hardware

Buy a USB hard drive external enclosure matching either SATA or PATA drives and format the Dell drive on another computer. Then install the freshly formatted drive in the Netbook. How are you going to re-load the operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-wipe-a-hard-drive-then-load-different-hardware.175482/
Relevancy 23.22%

Okay so i keep having this problem where my Standard VGA graphics adapter wont run it says its up to date on updates but i want to manually find an update and update it myself but i dont know where to find it.

I have a

ASUS K53TA-BBR6 AMD A6-3400M Quad-core (1.4GHz - 2.3GHz)

please help :[

A:Standard VGA graphics adapter (Code 10)

Can you say what your PC is? Make/model ?
Which Windows version are you using?
If you are not sure exactly what the graphics are then you can download this small program to give you info about it.
http://download.cnet.com/GPU-Z/3000-2094_4-10788513.html
You will need to visit the makers website to download the correct driver, when you have the information.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/standard-vga-graphics-adapter-code-10.174539/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi my problem is literally every harddisk i use eventually comes to a failure It started before some time when i bought ASUS laptop dont remember exactly which but it started i think it started with N it had a Samsung HDD i think After few moths there was an issue with hard disk so i sent the laptop to the service and they changed the hard disk Everything was fine then but after some months it happen again Same solution - changed hard disk When it hard disk failure Repeating happened for Repeating hard disk failure third time i was really furious because i thought it is laptops fault so i ask to refund the laptop back With Repeating hard disk failure the money i bought parts and made my own PC was a year ago It is working fine till today when HDD started to make strange noises randomly making noise like when under high activity sometimes it makes click sound - same it makes when i shut down computer and also random drops in its speed sometimes resulting in OS freezing for secs and a there is also SMART notice in the POST I know that best solution is to backup and send for exchange as it is under warranty yet but i think that it cannot be coincidence and i must be doing something wrong Few things i can think of is temperature that might have been the problem in the laptop but i dont think it is a case in PC as i sometimes checked the temperature or maybe some software i use is causing it but i am not sure if this is possible I would be really thankful to any advice into future nbsp

A:Repeating hard disk failure

adikus said:

making noise like when under high activity, sometimes it makes click sound - same it makes when i shut down computer), and also random drops in its speed(sometimes resulting in OS freezing for 2 secs) and a there is also SMART notice in the POST.Click to expand...

Not good but clearly a definitive indication of HD error(s).

I would be really thankful to any advice into future.Click to expand...

Is your fan operating? Have you blown out all the dust?

Have you ever used CHKDSK C: /F? If your system freezes and you elect to force a power off by holding the power button for 5 sec, then you should restart
using Save Mode (F8) and run CHKDSK C: /F before booting normally.

Systems just don't eat HDs - - there's something in your usage that is causing the system to not flush I/O before powering off - - NOT GOOD!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repeating-hard-disk-failure.174590/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently purchased and installed an AMD Radeon HD as well as a new -watt power supply Ever since installation my computer has had troublesome times connecting via ethernet It should be noted that I switched to AMD from an Nvidia GPU which is the stock card for my system At first I received the error message quot Windows was unable to automatically detect this networks proxy settings quot IPv was receiving an internet connection but IPv wasn t I thought it might have been an ISP issue with the university I attend but now the LAN adapter is completely unable to recognize a plugged in ethernet cable It s not a problem with the cable or ISP because other computers are able to connect using the same port and cable Even the little green light that flashes around the ethernet port on the back of my computer has stopped flashing I with installations Problem LAN hardware network after downloaded the most updated driver for Problem with LAN network after hardware installations my network controller Intel V- and used some of the newer features to test my LAN device out The hardware and cable tests returned a success but my connection failed There was also another device called quot PCI Simple Communications Controller quot without any installed driver to run it But most online results said this was a minor issue EDIT The missing quot PCI Simple Communications Controller quot turned out to be Problem with LAN network after hardware installations a Systems device called quot Intel Management Engine Interface quot I found the correct Problem with LAN network after hardware installations driver for the device by looking up its vendor device codes on pciexpress com then manually installed the driver Doesn t seem to help out the internet however Maybe its one of many firmware problems involved with the ethernet controller This is all extremely confusing to me How can the LAN device pass all of its functionality tests recognize when there is and isn t an ethernet plugged in but still remain disconnected and completely non-responsive My guess is my computer has a major issue with the university s local network or that there s an extremely subtle cable port malfunction nbsp

A:Problem with LAN network after hardware installations

What do you have on-board NIC? If you have it then get a good PCI-E 10/100/1000 Card. Which is the better route.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-lan-network-after-hardware-installations.174224/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone im brand new to this building your own gaming computer thing but i think i got most of it down with the help of youtube instructional videos lol Anyway this is my hardware so far please tell me its all compatible thanks C - Corsair CWCH Hydro H CPU Liquid Cooler - mm Fan LGA LGA LGA LGA LGA AM AM my compatible? computer hardware building, is to New lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - ASUS P P PRO REV Intel P Motherboard - ATX Socket H LGA Intel P Express MHz DDR O C SATA Gb s RAID Gigabit LAN -CH Audio USB SLI CrossFireX Bluetooth lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung HN-M MBB Spinpoint M quot Internal New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? Hard Drive - TB SATA G MB RPM lbs In Stock Details M - Sabrent EC-UEIS Hard Drive Enclosure - quot IDE SATA to USB eSATA lbs In Stock Details S - Samsung New to computer building, is my hardware compatible? T A quot Class Widescreen LED Backlit HDTV Monitor - x Mega Dynamic ms HDMI VGA USB HDTV Tuner Energy Star lbs In Stock Details S - Masscool STARS- Silver Color Thermal Grease lbs In Stock Details C - Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal ty Champ PCIe Sound Card SB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - E - EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX SuperClocked Video Card - MB GDDR PCI-Express Dual DVI Mini HDMI SLI DirectX lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Cooler Master RC- -KKN -GP HAF Advance Full Tower Case - ATX Black SuperSpeed USB lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - U - Ultra U - X Gold Edition Modular Power Supply - W ATX Plus Gold mm Fan SLI Ready CrossFire Technology Active PFC Vibration Dampener Included Lifetime Warranty w Registration lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - A - NZXT Sentry LX LCD Fan Controller lbs In Stock Details A - Asus DRW- B ST BLK G AS Internal x CD DVD Drive - DVD R x DVD RW x DVD-RW x DVD R DL x DVD-RAM x CD-R x CD-RW x SATA MB Black lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - M - Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIT Operating System Software - OEM DVD English lbs In Stock Details Mail-in Rebate C - Corsair CMZ GX M A C Vengeance GB PC DDR RAM - MHz x MB Non-ECC Unbuffered lbs In Stock Details List Price Instant Savings Price - I - K Intel Core i - K BX I K Unlocked Processor - Quad Core MB L Cache MB L Cache GHz GHz Max Turbo Socket H LGA W Fan Retail lbs In Stock Details nbsp

A:New to computer building, is my hardware compatible?

You shouldn't need to buy thermal grease as the Corsair CPU cooler comes with some high quality brand already applied. Personally I've not bought a sound card for the last 3 or so PCs that I've built for myself. When using headphones I've found that the onboard sound solutions (usually from Realtek) have been good enough for my gaming needs. I'd personally sink the money for that into an IPS or MVA monitor rather than a "HDTV". Perhaps a Dell Ultrasharp ( http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...e_bnrank=1&baynote_irrank=0&~ck=baynoteSearch ).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-computer-building-is-my-hardware-compatible.174034/
Relevancy 21.93%

my laptop is a dell latitude/D520 PP17L
IT SHOWS UP ERROR CODE 1000-0148 UNIT 2 OPTICAL DRIVE BISTOPU TEST FAILD.thats all it says and i'm running windows 7 please can anyone help on what to do .also it plays dvds but no other discs i looked on dell site for code and it says take drive out then put back in and it shuld work but would like help from here before i touch it as this site and the people here have always been 100% spot on .. thanks

A:Error code 1000-0148 CD-ROM drive (Dell Latitude D520)

wow no one can help ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-code-1000-0148-cd-rom-drive-dell-latitude-d520.173060/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi
I just moved my system (Asus M2N sli deluxe) to a new Antec computer case, and installed a large Noctua heat sink. Still using the same video card (Asus en7200gs). when I tried to boot up I got the error code. Makes sense b/c I don't get any video. I tried re-seating the video card and tried a different slot. No luck.

I just ordered a new video card to try out (I could use the HDMI upgrade anyways), but I have doubts that will fix it based on other inconclusive threads I have read.

What else could the problem be? Could it be the new CPU heatsink? Maybe the motherboard is bowed? Anything else I can try?

A:Award BIOS - 1 long, 2 short beeps - video error

Just try the new video card when it comes in. The beeping may mean that the motherboard is okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/award-bios-1-long-2-short-beeps-video-error.172328/
Relevancy 23.65%

i have 2 graphics card gtx 560 ti for my pc, 1 is working fine the other i believe is faulty hardware, i first noticed when windows display an error (see attachment) so i decided to test each one of them, the 1st one worked no issue - the 2nd one with the assume problem, the fan spins but that's all it does, i dont see my monitor screen turn on, boot screen nothing, my pc is running but the graphics card is doing nothing.

any1 can help me on this?

specs:

mob: GA Z68XUD5B3
2 msi GTX 560 Ti Hawk
intel i5 2500K
8 gb of ram
windows 7 64bit

A:Graphics card issue -- faulty hardware?

by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-faulty-hardware.172172/
Relevancy 23.65%
Q: Code 31

so it says monkey audio works with win98 and more ...

I have win98se, wonder where to start fixing with,
MonkeyAudio install error:
Ape.ax
unable to register dll/ocx

device not functioning

abort ...
rolling back changes

A:Code 31

thanks alot guys,
yeah i didnt think so

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/code-31.172308/
Relevancy 23.65%

Well my friend has been wanting to play a game with us for a while but she can not play it since her current video card's shader models are 1.0 and the game she wants to play is 2.0. I believe she has an agp slot, not sure if its 4x or 8x. I was looking on Newegg for a card but couldn't really decide what to get her. She usually plays Maplestory, Gunz or League of Legends. What would be the best mid-range card I could get in terms of balanced performance and price?
Thanks!

A:Wanting to upgrade friend's video hardware

i would get her one of these.

SPARKLE GeForce 6200 for $39.99
or
VisionTek Radeon HD 3450 for $64.99
or
HIS Radeon HD 4350 for $74.99.

Of course theRadeon HD 3450 and Radeon HD 4350 are way faster than the GeForce 6200.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wanting-to-upgrade-friends-video-hardware.171887/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys

My pc has recently been giving me problems, like it froze sometime ago while I was playing games, it displayed that blue screen with a lot of error codes and then just reboot. So now when I try to format the OS partition and install a fresh copy of windows, it always gives me an error saying that windows cannot format the drive, so please guys I realy need help all of my information is on the other partition, so please any help would be appreciated, adn if possible suggestions to fix the problem will be very much appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

A:Possible hardware failure

First, slave your harddrive to another system and you will be able to access your information which you can then burn to a DVD.

Second, while it it is slaved run a harddrive diagnostics on said harddrive,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-hardware-failure.170730/
Relevancy 23.22%

When I go through the Extended Self Test (EST) I get an error code 404 for the scanner. How do I correct/clear that code? Does it have something to do with the scanner bulb?

A:HP 9100C Error Code 404

This is called an HP 9100C Digital Sender. Was it built in 2004?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-9100c-error-code-404.170452/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello All,
Desperate for some help. I have a DV8263 ea HP Pavillion laptop that isnt booting up. As soon as i press the power button the left blue light at the front comes on and the computer sounds like it is kicking in and then the fan stops but the lights remain on the HP Quickplay bits and the powerlight at the front is on but not the HD access light. The screen does nothing. I have tried to plug in an external monitor in case the screen isnt working but that doesnt nothing. Any idea what it could be?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv8000-failure-to-boot.170344/
Relevancy 23.65%

My computer still starts up making the same sounds and lights and such as usual, but there is no longer any signal to my monitor, mouse, keyboard, or speakers. I discovered this upon trying to wake it from sleep mode, the computer woke up, but no lights turned on on the keyboard, no sound came out of the speakers, and my monitor said no signal.

This happened once before, and we took it to a local repair place. They hooked it up to their monitor and keyboard and it worked fine. I've tested my monitor on another computer and it works just fine, as well as the rest of the hardware. Last time they said something had likely unseated itself, and the ride in the car had reseated it. What should I try?

A:My computer is no longer sending signals to any of my external hardware

Take it back to the local repair place... Have them check it once more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-no-longer-sending-signals-to-any-of-my-external-hardware.169961/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate and every time I try to play a game I get a pop up window...image attached.
How do I turn it on like the pop up window says to do?
Would appreciate an answer in layman's terms....I not a computer geek.
Thanks guy's

A:How do I turn on hardware acceleration?

What graphics card are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-turn-on-hardware-acceleration.169761/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a Dell Optiplex 170l and I want to change out the hard drive to a 500G drive and add 2-1GB memory. Thoughts, I have been given the hard drive and would only have to purchase the memory.

A:Adding hardware

What is your question exactly?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-hardware.169020/
Relevancy 24.08%

Two months ago I posted on another thread that my son will be entering community college this fall yeah I m old and will be pursuing an A A degree in please: configuration for Hardware input laptop Your Digital Design and then Your input please: Hardware configuration for laptop move on to a year institution At the time I was researching and I am still researching but further along The core courses he will be doing are Color amp D Design Graphic Design Art with Computers Web Graphics Animation and Web Page Design plus other art classes In addition he will be doing the standard Word docs surfing the net term papers etc I also know he must be able to run Adobe Flash CS and there will be animation software involved but I have not been able to find out anything else -- I ve tried The central parameters I ve tentively settled on for a laptop configuration are quot display no less than x and if I can in Matte either a Nvidia M or M video card this will be an Optimus laptop gigs of RAM i QM processor this is a quad core a GB harddrive rpm and Windows Anyway what I would like to know from you guys is this In light of his course work is this quot overkill quot Would the M suffice Onboard graphics will work in some case but a Intel s latest is meh and b Nobody is offering the AMD Fusion with it s substantially better onboard graphics except HP in their dv z series and I refuse to ever purchase another HP laptop ever again Input suggestions please Thanks nbsp

A:Your input please: Hardware configuration for laptop

What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-input-please-hardware-configuration-for-laptop.168777/
Relevancy 24.08%

*update* Guess I don't need a capture card at all. Just software?
Not sure if this belongs in Other or Gaming. Sorry up front for that. I was curious if anyone knew what type of hardware and software is required for a PC to run a livestream on sites like Justin.tv/Livesteam.com/Youtube etc. Anything besides a "Capture card?" Is there a certain amount of recommended internet connection before even attempting to do it?

Any information on this would be great. Thanks in advance.

A:Hardware needed to Livestream?

If i am reading this right and you just want good streaming with sites like YouTube. Then all you really need is a good internet connection. Any High-Speed internet connection should run videos just fine buffer free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-needed-to-livestream.168302/
Relevancy 20.64%

I bought a used HP 9100C digital sender and I get a "Network Access Failure" error message on my pc when I try to create the "HP 9100C Login with the HP software. Any thoughts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-bought-a-used-hp-9100c-digital-sender-and-i-get-a-network-access-failure.167938/
Relevancy 24.08%

When I try to play any games on my Dell Laptop [windows 7 ] I get a pop up window that says:[ attached image ].
How do I correct this.
Thank you fellas

A:Hardware acceleration problem

try updating your video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-acceleration-problem.167356/
Relevancy 22.36%

I am apologizing before I start because I have limited knowledge and hope not to waste anyone s time The story I am trying to recover a few from recovering laptop Problem drive motherboard hard data after failure data files from Problem recovering data from laptop hard drive after motherboard failure my old hard drive I have removed my hard drive from my laptop in which the motherboard crashed The hard drive is about a year old laptop years old I placed the removed drive into a usb drive enclosure The failed computer had Vista OS my new computer has Windows OS The failed drive has a password on it at the level of logging into windows When I connected old drive to new computer via usb the new computer recognized it and gave it a drive letter If if clicked on the drive I could see the files in it When I tried to go to the files that contained my data I got a message that I did have permission to open them Then the new computer continuously tried to open the file This process wouldn t stop even trying to kill it with the Task Master I had to pull the drive out of the usb and reboot my new computer questions What should I do Is this a problem with conflicting OS systems passwords too many OS I have looked at forums but could not find anything that I could understand and use Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:Problem recovering data from laptop hard drive after motherboard failure

Try to take ownership.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-recovering-data-from-laptop-hard-drive-after-motherboard-failure.166676/