Windows Support Forum

live.com email stopped working on both Windows Phone and Outlook 2007

Q: live.com email stopped working on both Windows Phone and Outlook 2007

My live.com email stopped working with my Windows Phone, and Outlook 2007 on Desktop
Both stopped Sat AM 10/29
I can still sign into Outlook.com and newer emails are there, but why did it stop loading into my other devices?

Windows 10 Home 1607 14393.351

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/68848-live-com-email-stopped-working-both-windows-phone-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: live.com email stopped working on both Windows Phone and Outlook 2007

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 95.03%

My Bell email account has been changed over so now email is not received in the live email account. So I setup Bell email on my Windows 7 phone with the info from Bell (imap) and it starts to synch, but then the Live email starts to synch and they both just sit there (until the battery dies on my phone). How do I get the Live email to not synch? Or how do I remove email from my live account? Or what can I do to get email to my windows 7 phone?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436520-changes-outlook-live-mail-have-caused-email-not-work-my-windows-7-phone.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Can someone help me? Outlook has decided not to play nice nice with Comcast and they aren't helping the matter.

Everything was fine last week but apparently they moved from POP3 to IMAP. Now, Outlook can't pull new mail from the server. Comcast says it's an Outlook problem and Microsoft wants to charge me an arm and a leg to troubleshoot.

I'm running Windows 7.

Help!

A:Outlook 2007 stopped retrieving email from Comcast

please keep to one thread on one subject.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2007-stopped-receiving-email-from-comcast.4068444/

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2007-stopped-retrieving-email-from-comcast.4068443/
Relevancy 83.85%

Can someone help me? Outlook has decided not to play nice nice with Comcast and they aren't helping the matter.

Everything was fine last week but apparently they moved from POP3 to IMAP. Now, Outlook can't pull new mail from the server. Comcast says it's an Outlook problem and Microsoft wants to charge me an arm and a leg to troubleshoot.

I'm running Windows 7.

Help!

A:Outlook 2007 stopped receiving email from Comcast

ChicaSasha said:

Can someone help me? Outlook has decided not to play nice nice with Comcast and they aren't helping the matter.Click to expand...

That's because, unlike the POP protocol, IMAP syncs with third-party mail clients. Translation: When you access your Outlook.com inbox on, say, your desktop e-mail client, any messages you read, send, reply to, or delete get synced back to your account. It's a much more practical way to deal with e-mail.

I do not use MS antiquated email program, however, there is 'free' help from MS to fix the matter, you just need to find it.

Try this linky

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/outlook-2007-stopped-receiving-email-from-comcast.4068444/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi Working Stopped Outlook 2007 - I have been having a number of apparently unconnected Microsoft Office problems recently Outlook 2007 Stopped Working running on a Windows Home bit system Outlook 2007 Stopped Working I will post these separately over the next few days The first is a real puzzle After I boot up my system and start Outlook I hit the send receive button and will sometime get a box with a message quot Outlook has stopped working quot after which I close Outlook restart it and everything seems to work ok This only seems to happen the first time I try to seed receive email each morning In the event Viewer I have noticed the following errors showing up regularly every day - Failed to get the Crawl Scope Manager with error x Failed to determine if the store is in the crawl scope error x The Action Center problem report looks like this ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Description Faulting Application Path C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name OUTLOOK EXE Application Version Application Timestamp a dc Fault Module Name StackHash Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a bdb b Exception Code c Exception Offset cdcbb OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Additional Information fd bca a d f a ede Additional Information Additional Information d c c abbd b e a f ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Any help would be apppreciated Dave braincramp

A:Outlook 2007 Stopped Working

Quote: Originally Posted by braincramp

Hi - I have been having a number of apparently unconnected Microsoft Office 2007 problems recently (running on a Windows 7 Home 64 bit system). I will post these separately over the next few days.

The first is a real puzzle. After I boot up my system and start Outlook, I hit the send/receive button and will sometime get a box with a message "Outlook has stopped working" after which I close Outlook, restart it and everything seems to work ok. This only seems to happen the first time I try to seed/receive email each morning.

In the event Viewer I have noticed the following errors showing up regularly (every day):-

Failed to get the Crawl Scope Manager with error=0x80070002.
Failed to determine if the store is in the crawl scope (error=0x80070002).

The Action Center problem report looks like this
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE
Application Version: 12.0.6514.5000
Application Timestamp: 4a89dc70
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2759
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000cdcbb
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2759
Additional Information 2: 27596fd88bca328a6d0f927a9143ede8
Additional Information 3: 2982
Additional Information 4: 29825d2c71c632abbd2b65750e0a6f89
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help would be apppreciated

Dave
(braincramp)

Can you check in event viewer by typing eventvwr in search. Go to the windows log>application tab.

You need to look for those errors. when you find them please note the event ID and source code and relay them to us.

let us know if you need help with any of this
ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/84358-outlook-2007-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am running Vista with Office Have had no problems for the past year Now when I try to open Outlook I get the following error Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working A problem caused the program 2007 stopped Outlook working. to stop working correctly Windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available I have disabled antivirus programs and tried to enter Outlook in safe mode It still crashes when I open it I went into Event Viewer and recorded the crash info Faulting application OUTLOOK EXE version time stamp x a dc faulting module MSVCR dll version time stamp x a c exception code xc fault offset x a process id x bb application start time x cb c c a We haven t been able to get to our work emails since Wednesday of last week and I am sure I have lots of angry emails wondering why their requests are being ignored Any help would be greatly appreciated THANKS nbsp

A:Outlook 2007 stopped working.

Edited to add: I cannot get into Outlook, even in safe mode, to disable the add-ons. Someone please help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-stopped-working.927720/
Relevancy 81.7%

Using email via Outlook 2007 was working fine until recently when I began receiving error Code 0x8DE00006 followed by the inane verbiage "the operation failed" when attempting to send an Email with an Attachment using Outlook 2007 via Outlook Connector to an MSN.COM email account (MS 'Live'). I've done multiple reinstals of Outlook Connector and MS Live, as well as reset Passwords and disconnected then reconnected accounts (1 Msn.com) to Email software.
-
Trying to research this issue via Microsoft websites and Googled websites has proven fruitless ~ usually linking me to someone trying to sell Registry cleaning software. Any ideas??

A:Error Code: 0x8de00006 ~ Outlook 2007/Connector/Msn.com ('Live' email)

I too am receiving this error code when attempting to forward E mails with multiple addressees. They go into an Outlook outbox and when I attempt to send and receive, it fails with this error code.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230047/error-code-0x8de00006-outlook-2007connectormsncom-live-email/
Relevancy 81.27%

hi I - stopped working outlook office has 2007 just spent days tearing my hair out on a problem with Outlook Aside from it crashing sporatically ever since it was installed it finally stopped working with Vista telling outlook has stopped working - office 2007 me that quot outlook has stopped outlook has stopped working - office 2007 working quot and closes the app With all the research I did on the web the proposed solutions were to scan the ost and pst files and repair any errors scanpst scanost included apps with outlook turn off DEP remove installed add-ons for Outlook run Office diags I did all the above and nothing helped with the problem so after finding out that there was a sync problem with exchange server I wanted to detail this somewhere on a forum for others to know about once I took out the exchange account and used a pop account it worked again but of course I don t have the features of exchange bummer here is basically what I wrote to MS There is a problem with Outlook that crashes when connected to exchange server k I have the latest version of Outlook installed The application would terminate when attempting to sync with the exchange server quot microsoft office outlook has stopped working quot would appear and then outlook is terminated OST was reset but did not fix the problem OST was also scanned for errors but did not fix the problem once the exchange account was deleted and I setup a pop account Outlook worked fine Outlook had worked with exchange up till a few days ago there were a few prior crashes after update but the application still started after however Outlook would not come up So for now I am using a pop account until the issues with exchange server are fixed in OUtlook nbsp

A:outlook has stopped working - office 2007

I was pleasantly surprised to get a response from a Microsoft engineer to help with this problem. The following gave me a fix for the problem.

"Your issue is known and we are tracking it to fix in a future SP. From what I can tell without stepping through the code is that it appears to be a corrupted view. To work around a corrupted view you can launch outlook from the command prompt as “outlook /cleanviews” using the profile that is having problems. The cleanviews switch will wipe ALL custom views in your mailbox so you will only want to boot that way once. See more info at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197180"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-has-stopped-working-office-2007.593139/
Relevancy 80.41%

I stopped a service in the task manager a few days ago and now te links in my e mail that i recieve wont work, I have no idea what service i shut down, can anyone give me a full list of services that outlook 2007 needs to run correctly.

The error message I am getting is

This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.Please contact your system administrator.

I have tried other things like copying the reg key off other pc but i know it has something to do with the service i stopped.

I have also tried looking for the services that outlook is using when running as it says they should be shown highlighted when going through the correct procedure in help but they dont show highlited.

A:Outlook 2007 link not working due to a service i stopped

Any services you stop using task manager don't persist betwoon reboots. You will have to look elsewhere for the problem.

This may be of some help:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm

G

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-link-not-working-due-to-a-service-i-stopped.771168/
Relevancy 79.55%

Outlook 2007 Spam filter suddenly stopped working
Hello
Before posting here I have googled this problem to see if I could find an answer and so far nothing...
A few days ago the spam filtering suddenly stopped working, the majority of spam mail is going to my inbox while some good mail is going into spam. I hae a lot of rules set for the good mail to go into specific folders, but they are not all working, some of them are, but not all.
I check 6 pop accounts via outlook, it seems that the spam mail is all coming through one account, but the good mail that is going into spam is from a different account!
I normally have the junk mail protection set on high and when that was failing I changed it to safe list only and it still isnt working... this is very perplexing to me.... can any one please help? Thanks so much!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-spam-filter-suddenly-stopped-working.897879/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello
Before posting here I have googled this problem to see if I could find an answer and so far nothing...
A few days ago the spam filtering suddenly stopped working, the majority of spam mail is going to my inbox while some good mail is going into spam. I hae a lot of rules set for the good mail to go into specific folders, but they are not all working, some of them are, but not all.
I check 6 pop accounts via outlook, it seems that the spam mail is all coming through one account, but the good mail that is going into spam is from a different account!
I normally have the junk mail protection set on high and when that was failing I changed it to safe list only and it still isnt working... this is very perplexing to me.... can any one please help? Thanks so much!

A:Outlook 2007 Spam filter suddenly stopped working

Hi, I'm new here
I'm having the exact same problem. Has anyone found a fix yet? I have heaps of address in my blocked senders list but Outlook isn't stopping any of them. I worked before but it randomly stopped working a few weeks ago.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-spam-filter-suddenly-stopped-working.897354/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi Everyone I have just migrated a user from Windows Live Mail to Outlook As the user originally had email accounts in WLM it has been a challenge to set up Outlook suitably The approach suggested by Microsoft is to use Profiles but the challenge with this is Outlook can only load one profile at a time This email Trying in Outlook 2007 get well 2 together accounts working to Solved: is not suitable as the user requires access to both accounts simulateneously Due to the above I took the approach of creating PST files One for each email account However unfortunately there is no ability to couple email accounts with PST files As a result all emails from both accounts are delivered to the same PST Solved: Trying to get 2 email accounts working well together in Outlook 2007 file Nonetheless I did persist with this approach for a time as I figured that I could create a message rule which diverts messages to the appropriate PST file depending on the originating email address Although the message rule did redirect incoming email where appropriate to the secondary email accounts PST folder it also left a copy in the Inbox of email account This doubling up of messages in the Inboxes of both email accounts is not an acceptable quot solution quot I finally gave up on using PST files and instead created a Solved: Trying to get 2 email accounts working well together in Outlook 2007 new folder in the one default PST The message rule now works fine and there is no doubling up of messages My user would still like to see emails deleted from email account going into an independant and separate Deleted Items folder and a likewise scenario for Sent itmes related to email account Is there any way of achieving this kind of files separation based on email address within Outlook Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated Thanks David nbsp

A:Solved: Trying to get 2 email accounts working well together in Outlook 2007

David --

I just changed computers, and after years on Outlook Express, made the move to Outlook. In Outlook, I have 3 different email addresses (all POP accounts) set up under the same profile, but each account has its own .PST, and mail for each one goes to its own inbox. I can also choose which email address any new mail is sent from.

You completed the first half of the trick to having different inboxes for different email addresses by setting up unique .PSTs. However, you also have to then associate each email address with the .PST you created for it. To do this:

1) Go to Tools> Account Settings.

2) You should be on the email tab, and you should see a list of your email accounts. Click on the email account whose inbox you want to change. At the bottom of the window, it should show the path where the mail for that address is currently being delivered to. (From your email, it sounds like both addresses are going to the "Personal Folders\Inbox" destination.)

3) Click on the "Change Folder" button at the bottom left of the window. This should take you to the list of .PST files you already created.

4) Click on the .PST file that you want that email address to be associated with.

That's it!

Just make sure that when you created your separate .PST files, that you did it using the "New Outlook Data File" option, and not just the "New Folder" option. You will only get the additional inbox/outbox/sent items/deleted items folders if you make a new Outlook data file.

Hope that helps!!

Andrea M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-get-2-email-accounts-working-well-together-in-outlook-2007.912193/
Relevancy 76.54%

I am running a Windows Vista to 2007 Windows Mobile Synching Outlook a Phone Ultimate system and I just upgraded my cell phone to an HTC Pure Win Mobile from AT amp T to replace my AT amp T Tilt Win Mobile The Tilt was synching just fine with my PC I deleted the old pairing in Vista and the new phone shows up and I set up the configuration to load my Outlook Contacts Calendar and Notes I hit synch and I get all of the appropriate messages but NOTHING shows up on my new phone yet I get a message that synchronization was successful As far as I can tell -- every setting is correct on both devices The Tilt was transferred from an older PC running XPPro Does anybody think the answer might be going to the older PC and doing the first synchronization there first I have found several instances of similar problems with various makes and models of mobile phones and the last two or three iterations of Windows Mobile but I cannot find Synching a Windows Mobile Phone to Outlook 2007 a single answer where the person with the problem hasn't come back and posted the problem recurred after finding what they thought was quot the answer quot Thanks for ideas

http://www.vistax64.com/software/274017-synching-windows-mobile-phone-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm getting: "A problem cause the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". This happens within minutes of starting Outlook (in the non-safe mode)

Outlook works in safe mode.
I cannot turn off the addins.... see attached
Also attached is a snapshot from the event viewer...
Thoughts???
Thank you
Running Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64 bit) SP1
Computer: Dell XPS 435T/9000
Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007

A:Outlook 2007 "Microsoft Office Outlook has stopped working"

since when are you getting this error. have you tried a repair install from control panel >add/remove programs. you can also let this tool "microsoft office diagnostics" check for errors & fixes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/204094-outlook-2007-microsoft-office-outlook-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have had some success in further troubleshooting of Outlook The culprit with Outlook running very slow and swamping the system at CPU usage is with one of the three email accounts I Account CPU - Stopped Usage POP3 Outlook - Email 2003 Climbs Working had set up with it Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs I deleted the email account entirely and now Outlook runs smooth as a whistle with very low CPU usage But does anybody know why all of a sudden that email account started messing up Outlook I tried adding it back as a new email account but it keeps telling me the following error when I TEST THE SETTINGS Log onto incoming mail server POP Outlook could not connect to the incoming mail server POP The problem could be your SSL or port settings for the incoming server Verify your port and SSL settings under More Settings on the Advanced Tab I have done this and called the folks who handle that email server to verify I have the correct settings but still get the above error Also when I attempt to re-add the email account CPU usage climbs to above - and Outlook no longer runs as smoothly nbsp

A:Outlook 2003 - POP3 Email Account Stopped Working - CPU Usage Climbs

First, outlook is a good tool, but a poor choice for email. Consider using other software
such as Thunderbird.

All the data in Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Email) is held in the single .PST file for each user;
the bigger it gets, the more time and cpu it takes to get into it.

As for the errors, it would appear that the settings are wrong.
The pop3 stuff is for reading your email from the ISP and the smtp is for sending;
each can be correct / incorrect.
You need the pop3 domain name (something like mail.domain.com or pop3.domain.com)
the correct port number (usually 110), AND
the proper login (secured or unsecured).

The sending side almost always requires a secured login on port 25.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-2003-pop3-email-account-stopped-working-cpu-usage-climbs.99474/
Relevancy 75.68%

I've been syncing a Windows Phone with my Outlook calendar and contacts for many years but the last few weeks it seems to be not syncing events For example two weeks ago I entered 10 8.1 syncing desktop Phone stopped Windows Outlook Windows with Calendar a new Calendar item for today on my phone but it has still never appeared on the desktop The item appears in the correct default quot Calendar-Outlook quot on the phone in the same color as the default calendar items Calendar stopped syncing Windows Phone 8.1 with Outlook desktop Windows 10 which have synced from the desktop When I check the Calendar at outlook live com the event appears correctly in the same color as the rest of the default calendar items I have on my desktop PC Windows Outlook Hotmail Connector to sync I do not have an Exchange account Phone is Lumia running Windows Phone T-mobile is my provider which has been having multiple connection issues in my area lately which might be unrelated but voicemails and texts are delivered to hours late I do not sync my email from Outlook to my phone in case that is relevant I tried to search for an answer on my own but the search Calendar stopped syncing Windows Phone 8.1 with Outlook desktop Windows 10 terms are too common Any help would be very appreciated

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441684-calendar-stopped-syncing-windows-phone-8-1-outlook-desktop-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi

Am running windows vista home premium with office 2007 professional installed.

About a month or two ago, I've noticed that whenever I close outlook, i get an error message:

"outlook has stopped working"

Everything seems to work fine otherwise, but this is a little annoying and I'm wondering if there's any way to either fix the problem or turn the error warning off.

Thanks
Kevin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-crash-outlook-has-stopped-working.745981/
Relevancy 75.25%

Everything has been working great but I have one problem that I have been unable to solve. I cannot send email (windows Live) from MS Office 2007. After resetting the defaults 50 times and reinstalling almost everything, I was able to get IE explorer 8 to recognize live mail as the default and email links etc. When I hit send in office it thinks Mail has not been installed but it does open the mail. Then It gives me an error about Ms exchange and then No mail installed. To add to the woes I cannot make a new post so i must feed off a Thread and hope someone will notice this. thanks for any help I can get.

A:I cannot send email (windows Live) from MS Office 2007

I'm posting this possible solution in a few places for anyone still trying to search.

Our office is using Windows 7 Professional, Office 2007, and a mix of Outlook and Windows Live Mail.

With Outlook the "send" function works fine. With Windows Live Mail the "send" function will not automatically open a new email. I wanted to find a fix for WLM instead of having to re-install Outlook and setting it up. I saw the following in a forum somewhere (not quite sure where) that worked for us.

This requires adding entries to the registry and isn't that difficult even for you not-so-savvy users.

Click: Start menu > Accessories > Run
Type: regedit
Click: OK and Yes if Account Control pops up

In the left pane browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Windows Messaging Subsystem

The right pane should contain/look like the following:

***Caution, if there are different entries in your Windows Messaging Subsystem write them down, take a picture or print screen and paste into Paint...something just incase you need to change it back***

Right-click (Default) > Modify...
In the Value data box type: Windows Live Mail
Click: OK

To add the other items right-click in the empty space in the right pane: New > String Value
- Name the new item as stated above
- Once again right-click > Modify...
- Enter the corresponding value
- Rinse and Repeat for all items. Then exit registry.

This has worked for me on three separate systems. Now the "send" function in both Word and Excel opens a new message from WLM.

I also read in another forum (but didn't try it) where someone suggested chagning the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Clients > Mail

from (Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
to (Default) REG_SZ Windows Live Mail

Note: For users who wish to email as PDF or XPS (it's not available by default), simply search for: "office 2007 save as pdf" and download the small 1mb file and run. The link is currently:

Download: 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Hope this helps. Goodluck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/39171-i-cannot-send-email-windows-live-ms-office-2007-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Today, I tried to send note from OneNote 2007 to my friends, i use window live mail,
It is showing sent in one note but they are not getting mails even it is not in sent mails...

what do do ..

please help

A:Unable to Email page of OneNote 2007 via Windows live Mail

I solved the problem by myself

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/208861-unable-email-page-onenote-2007-via-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 73.1%

When I try and connect to my live mail I get a box come up with the words "Windows Live Mail has stopped working". There is a prompt to "Check online for a solution and close the program". When I do this nothing happens. I am running Windows 7 Home Edition 64bit system. Any ideas?

A:Windows Live Mail has stopped working

Welcome to Seven forums BriUnderwood

* Did you already try a repair of windows live?
Control Panel
Programs - Uninstall a program
Windows live essentials
Click uninstall/change
Repair all windows live programs
Keep us posted for further suggestions.
*Also, run a SFC scannow and restart if violations are found.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/241994-windows-live-mail-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

MSN messenger keeps coming up with an error.
Whenever I click on the icon to open it, it gives me the message in the title.

It doesn't even open.

I am running Windows 7 home premium.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, downloading an older version and updating, etc.

Please help!

A:Windows Live Messenger has stopped working

umm, thats a very odd problem you have there, it happened to me but doesnt anymore, I would try cleaning the PC with Ccleaner or something sorry I havnt got any better advice :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/106495-windows-live-messenger-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

greetings,

am facing a problem with windows live messenger as am getting the above mentioned message. my WLM was working with no problem till yesterday.
today i tried to log in with no hope
i restarted the machine and choose last good configuration
uninstalled WLM with CCLEANER
installed it again to face the same problem

My OS is VISTA BUSINESS
SP1
32-bit OS

looking for your help

Do you get an error code of any kind?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-live-messenger-has-stopped-working-394878.html
Relevancy 73.1%

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close program and notify you if a solution is available ...
I have the last messenger 2009

When I sign in to my msn this appear ...what can I do ...help please ?

I think I have found the problem ... It was the antivirus the Bit defender internet security 2010 .. I will unistall it and install another thnx ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/26668-windows-live-messenger-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Need help or suggestions on how to get the wml working again, as it suddenly stopped working
Tried the repair process a few times, updated to the latest windows essentials as well.
Tried to do the complete folder erase and reinstall. No change.
I had this update happen prior wml stopped working:
Platform Update for Windows 7 x64-Edition (KB2670838)
wonder if there is any relation.

thanks for any input

A:windows mail live has stopped working

Hi stevegid, welcome toSeven Forums.

Check all settings on each tab.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/280439-windows-mail-live-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

seems to have happened after updates including internet explorer 11.

Can someone help me with this please?

Thank you

James

A:Windows live mail has stopped working

Try repairing your mail. Go to programmes and features select windows live essentials and a window will appear with the option to repair or uninstall. Always a good idea to back up your mail, contacts and account to an external drive just in case it goes wrong, though I haven't heard of that happening it's always better to be safe and not risk losing anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/313173-windows-live-mail-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Okay here it goes I recently formatted my pc having windows vista home premium bit Installed the same now I Working Messenger Windows Live has stopped installed Windows Live Messenger and whenever i sign in it gives Windows Live Messenger has stopped Working me this error Windows Live Messenger has stopped working Here's a snap of it http i tinypic com jbojr jpg I have no idea how this thing is happening Happens on its own This is the third time i have formatted my pc The first time There was a similar same problem The second time there was absolutely no problem i e WLM worked perfectly And now the third time it gives me the same error it gave me initially PS I also use Live Plus the extension as you all may know but to be honest i don't see any link since that software is supposed to be used and it also says it supports on Vista Windows Live Messenger has stopped Working and obviously they won't release Windows Live Messenger has stopped Working the software if it creates problems Just to try i uninstalled it and the problem was still there So can you guys help me out on this I'm really screwed up at the moment Can't chat with my friends Thanks - Vinay

A:Windows Live Messenger has stopped Working

- Update -
I formatted windows.
Now i've installed both windows live messenger 8.5 + Live! Plus and everything works like a charm.
No solution to this yet though..
Please work on it

http://www.vistax64.com/software/184986-windows-live-messenger-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Apparently a common problem.
Application Name: wlcomm.exe
Application Version: 14.0.8098.930
Application Timestamp: 4ac41a12
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18215
Fault Module Timestamp: 49953395
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004bbba
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Additional Information 1: b4a6
Additional Information 2: 6aed891f41870560b1411789960d2376
Additional Information 3: bfd6
Additional Information 4: 995700c4b444cc621b52e92988db24c3

Already tried deleting the contacts folder and reinstalling. I don't use mcafee.

Using Vista Ultimate, 32bit. This happened the moment I attempted to log into WLM after updating, last week.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/270352-windows-live-communications-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I apologize if this issue has been addressed a million times but I have tried various ways to fix this problem by reading other posts but to no avail I succeeded When I was using Windows Live Messenger about half an hour ago it worked fine I wasn't downloading and installing anything either I logged into my inbox and deleted an email I Messenger Live stopped has working Windows received from someone When I logged out of my inbox and signed out of Windows Live Messenger I immediately tried to sign back in because I forgot to do some changes in Windows Live Messenger has stopped working my Windows Live Messenger setting hence my Windows Live Messenger would begin to show quot Windows Live Messenger has stopped working quot for no reason It was working half an hour ago and then it stopped working seconds later I tried to quot run as administrator quot looked into my download history uninstalled some really recent things I have downloaded yesterday which was Grease Monkey for my Firefox repaired Windows Live and uninstalled and installed It's frustrating Windows Live Messenger has stopped working to me not knowing why it worked fine and then it stopped working as soon as I decided to sign back in This is mainly the problem here and I do not know of any other solutions to fix this Any help is appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read

Check the event log if there is anything...

http://www.vistax64.com/software/281499-windows-live-messenger-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Windows Live Mail did not shutdown correctly - How do I resolve?

A:Windows Mail Live stopped working

Hello Rchalkfpl,

To help prevent this from happening, be sure to close Windows Live Mail (WLM) before shutting down, turrning off, or putting to sleep the computer.

If that's a message you are seeing in the message preview window in WLM, then you should have a link to click on to still see the message.

If not, then could you give more details on this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/169769-windows-mail-live-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My computer is a Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, I recently have been using Windows Live Movie Maker and a few weeks ago, Windows Live Essentials stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled many times but yet it still hasn't worked. I restarted my computer but it just doesn't do the trick.

Can someone please tell me what is happening and what do I do to get it working again?
Please someone reply as fast as possible.

Computergirl

A:Windows Live Essentials Has Stopped Working

Welcome to Seven Forums Computergirl. When you say "a few weeks ago, Windows Live Essentials stopped working", what do you mean specifically? We need more info. You are trying to do what, and get what error, etc.

You might try this tool which will reset all the Registry and other settings of Microsoft Security Essentials to default value

Fix MSE Utility - Repair Microsoft Security Essentials

A Guy

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/298715-windows-live-essentials-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I've lost count of the number of times I've read the above message and its follow on comment that the program will be closed and notification given if a solution found Plus the auto follow up message about closing for reason of data protection No amount of uninstalls and reinstalls of WLM work Any going back to an old WLM is not accepted as it advised I need to update to a newer version Then the same result as described I encountered problem after setting laptop back to Vista Windows stopped has Messenger working Live factory settings I have now caught up with SP There was a Windows Live Messenger has stopped working Microsoft follow up advising I should await Vista updates catching up with SP This has now happened but still I receive the same message Windows Live Messenger has stopped working each time I try to open WLM I have seen the problem Windows Live Messenger has stopped working posted previously but have not seen a solution that I haven't tried I cannot set back to an earlier WLM I have tried without a firewall Norton and disabling the webcam logitech for notebooks but nothing works There must be a definitive solution somewhere Can anyone help please

http://www.vistax64.com/software/261757-windows-live-messenger-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hi i've had this problem for about months now and its getting rather frustrating so when i load up windows live messenger it comes up with this has windows working live stopped messenger windows live messenger windows live messenger has stopped working has stopped working windows can check online for a solution to the problem then i can either click on -check online for a solution and close the program OR -close the program when clicking on check online for a solution and close the program it searches for about seconds then says 'the application failed to initialize properly x Click OK to terminate the application so i do so Now it says -check online for a solution and restart the program OR -Restart the program which ever one i click on it restarts and comes back to the initial error bar check online for a solution and close the program or close the program so i click close the program and have to to so about times for it to dissapear nothing has changed same happens again if i load it up again IM SURE YOU CAN SEE MY FRUSTRATION please please please help somebody

A:windows live messenger has stopped working

Have you tried Uninstalling Windows Live Messenger?

Click Start>Control Panel>Uninstall a Program

In the Selection Box click Windows Live Essentials and click Uninstall this will bring up an Uninstall Wizard follow the Wizard until you get a choice of what programs to Uninstall check all the Boxes and Uninstall all of Windows Live Essentials

After that Install the Latest Windows Live Essnetials and see if your Problem Exists

See Windows Live Essentials 2011 For More Information

Hope This Helps,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/software/284235-windows-live-messenger-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,
I downloaded WLM Version 2009 (latest build) a few weeks ago and not been able to use messenger ever since. Every time I start the program comes with:

"Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available"

and then a windows pups up with a message saying that Data Execution Prevention has closed Windows Live Communications Platform.

I read that some people have installed the A-patch, went to the site downloaded the latest patch, for Version 2009 latest build, and no luck. I have re-installed several times also...no luck

I need messenger urgently and I'm frustrated...Any help please....Johnny

A:Windows Live Messenger Stopped Working!!

hello:
---here is a page from the above Tutorials, click here--->Windows Live Messenger Sign In error---please post your results---

peace

http://www.vistax64.com/software/229351-windows-live-messenger-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hi
i just bought a new sony viao and i installed windows live messenger and was using it for a month now.one day
it just got closed and i dont know what happened.
it keeps saying WINDOWS LIVE MESSENGER HAS STOPPED WORKING..
and it closes down
could u please help me out here..
Thanku

A:WINDOWS live messenger stopped working

and it haS DUM HEAD STUPID SLOW VISTA!...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-messenger-stopped-working.759547/
Relevancy 73.1%

This is driving me nuts. I have two email accounts on my phone. One is my work, and the other is my Hotmail. They use to both be on the start screen. But in the past month or two something happened. Now, my work outlook email inbox icon keeps unpinning when my Hotmail syncs its inbox.
This is driving me nuts. I'm fully up to date. I've tried every way of pinning my outlook mail that I know of, even the documented way through the settings menu. No matter what, if I add it, it is unpinned in the course of an hour.
I managed to figure out it is unpinning when Hotmail is sync'ed. For gods sake... please someone tell me you have heard of this and know of the solution! Thanks.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441112-windows-950xl-phone-keeps-un-pinning-my-outlook-email-icon-start.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Well I have both installed on my computer and I use a hotmail account, I was wondering which one you think is better. I have heard that a lot of people don't like Windows Live Mail.

A:Should I use Windows Live Mail 2011 or Outlook 2007

'don't use LiveMail meself..
I think you can link your Hotmail Account to Outlook 2007 - or vice versa

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/148959-should-i-use-windows-live-mail-2011-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Received the error message "Windows Live ID Service Monitor has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program.". So far my calendar in Hotmail does not function since I have gotten this error message. How can I correct this situation?

A:Windows Live ID Service Monitor has stopped working

You need to download and reinstall windows live ID or install windows essential live 2011.. its a good one with all that you need..
Download details: Windows Live Essentials 2011

http://www.vistax64.com/software/284408-windows-live-id-service-monitor-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have noticed in the last few weeks that Windows Live Messenger don't start as it should be.
Clicking the icon, opens the windows live messenger conneting window saying it is connecting, etc, but after a while comes out a message saying: windows live communications platform stopped working!
Does anyone knows how to solve this?
Thanks,
Jorge

A:windows live communications platform stopped working!

Hello Jorge, you joined just before I did The first thing I would do is try a System Restore point from before the problem started if you have one. It is also often suggested to update to the latest version if you have not already. Uninstalling, then reinstalling is also a suggestion.

Here is something else to try. Try deleting the wldlog.dll On x64 Version of Windows 7 this is located in

C:\program files (x86)\Windows Live\Shared

In x86 version it would be

C:\program files\Windows Live\Shared

Save a copy of the dll just in case. Right click on the dll and choose Copy. Now go to desktop and right click an empty area and choose Paste. This will give you a copy to copy back in case of any problems. Now delete the wldlog.dll and Try and launch messenger. If no fix, just copy the wldlog.dll back to it's original location. Let us know how it goes. If you'd like extra assurance, create a System Restore point before you start:

System Restore Point - Create

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/265998-windows-live-communications-platform-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have been getting this error nonstop for 2 days... I want to fix it and have tried everything I can think of... Please how can I get this thing to work? The error information i have is..

Problem signature
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821
Exception Offset: 0001a33d
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: 1ad2
Additional Information 2: 53b6009009ec5fa907230fdbfeeee9a7
Additional Information 3: 3310
Additional Information 4: 775a95d244bdfd7b8a4d20c7ab0269d6

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 1573526342

Somebody Please Help me....

A:Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working.

In lieu of a better answer, go back with System Restore. That should put you back to square one.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/264435-windows-live-communications-platform-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi im currently in university accomodation with free broadband internet use this is good but it is restricted in the fact that not all ports are useable torrents limewire etc are all blocked which is fine for me However i like to use msn and more specifically video chat This worked fine in the first couple of weeks that i was here however i tried again more recently and it seems it doesnt work for me It does for other people in my accomodation block When i try to enable my webcam it displays the image from it and says connecting then live messanger just says it cannot connect try again later I have reinstalled live messanger tried using windows messanger forgot how awful that was and i have gone into networking services and enabled UPnP I have tried with a number of contacts with no avail I have also tried a new webcam which was no help both webcams work on the pc recording videos and taking pictures but not on msn or live messanger Ive tried searchin google to with 8.5.1 Webcam live messanger working windows stopped no avail im using xp so the thread on here Webcam stopped working with windows live messanger 8.5.1 about vista doesnt help me My copy of xp is fully updated windows firewall is enabled and im using a NOD protection suite with Webcam stopped working with windows live messanger 8.5.1 IMON internet monitor included Sorry for the long post just wanted to give as much detail as possible Does anyone have any ideas whats up Thanks Khris nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/webcam-stopped-working-with-windows-live-messanger-8-5-1.769559/
Relevancy 72.24%

hey im new here so i didnt really know where to put this, but yeah as it says in the title this comes up when i sign in and when i click on it just logs me out. plz can someone help me fix this cheers

A:Windows live communication platform has stopped working

have you tried the obvious and re-installed your messenger?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/244617-windows-live-communication-platform-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all,

I recently installed a couple new screen savers. They work exactly like they're supposed to but once I return to to my computer a warning appears saying "Windows Live Communication Platform has stopped working" and windows live messenger gets signed out. This is the "problem details" provided:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Version: 14.0.8064.206
Application Timestamp: 498cddf7
Fault Module Name: saver1.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 42bb64e4
Exception Offset: 00013001
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 895c
Additional Information 2: cadfe13d9ae38195296ef71e43ac2414
Additional Information 3: f898
Additional Information 4: 65a67ba481b8f73de484359dc33e8238

Read our privacy statement:
Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

Any ideas on why these screen savers are affecting messenger like this?

A:Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working

Code presumably from the screen saver (saver1.dll) has been injected into the wlcomm process. There appears to be a problem in saver1.dll and that in turn makes the entire process crash.

I'd suggest either finding an updated version of the screen saver software, and in particular the saver1.dll module, or removing it. It's almost certainly a bug in the current version of saver1.dll.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/221601-windows-live-communications-platform-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So I've seen this problem all across the internet but I haven't found a stable solution I hope someone from here can help me Recently I've downloaded a couple of screensavers They all work perfectly fine but some of them will produce the error in my title If I preview the screensaver Live Communications Windows Stopped Has Working Platform or use the screensaver then move my mouse to close it I get a window saying quot Windows Live Communications Platform Has Stopped Working quot and I get the normal options of closing and sending a report or just closing the program My Windows Live Messenger will be signed out and I will need to sign on again Now like I said not every single screen saver does that to me Only certain ones I downloaded four of them thus far Inception screensaver from the Inception website both Dark Knight screensavers from The Dark Knight website and the Batman Arkham Asylum screensaver Only the Batman Arkham Asylum screensaver works perfectly and does not give me the above error message The Problem Details from Windows are as follows Description Faulting Application Path C Program Files x Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe Problem signature Problem Event Name BEX Application Name wlcomm exe Application Version Application Timestamp bc Fault Module Name saver dll Windows Live Communications Platform Has Stopped Working Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp bb e Exception Offset Exception Code c Exception Data OS Version Locale ID Additional Information b Additional Information b f cd Windows Live Communications Platform Has Stopped Working f e f f e d e Additional Information bfea Additional Information bfea b a da e e e b c Extra information about the problem Bucket ID If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this I'd be really grateful Thank you all in advance I've attached the zip files for the three problematic screensavers

A:Windows Live Communications Platform Has Stopped Working

Quote: Originally Posted by darknightz0117

So I've seen this problem all across the internet, but I haven't found a stable solution. I hope someone from here can help me =)

Recently, I've downloaded a couple of screensavers. They all work perfectly fine, but some of them will produce the error in my title. If I preview the screensaver or use the screensaver, then move my mouse to close it, I get a window saying "Windows Live Communications Platform Has Stopped Working" and I get the normal options of closing and sending a report, or just closing the program. My Windows Live Messenger will be signed out, and I will need to sign on again.

Now, like I said, not every single screen saver does that to me. Only certain ones. I downloaded four of them thus far: Inception screensaver from the Inception website; both Dark Knight screensavers from The Dark Knight website, and the Batman Arkham Asylum screensaver. Only the Batman: Arkham Asylum screensaver works perfectly, and does not give me the above error message.

The Problem Details from Windows 7 are as follows:

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe

Problem signature
Application Version: 14.0.8117.416
Application Timestamp: 4bc91069
Fault Module Name: saver1.dll
Fault Module Timestamp: 42bb64e4
Exception Offset: 00013001
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Additional Information 1: 73b8
Additional Information 2: 73b8369f141cd6f9e17f1f50e6794d3e
Additional Information 3: bfea
Additional Information 4: bfea6b4618a6da3e4e863429e4187b1c

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 1143505187

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I'd be really grateful! Thank you all in advance! I've attached the zip files for the three problematic screensavers.

It is a memory exception (c000000005) caused by the screensaver. It usually is either poorly written screensaver or implementation.

Please read here on how to generate a dmp file. Generating a memory dump for a crashing process
let us know if you need further assistance.
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111135-windows-live-communications-platform-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I have just been made ti update to the new live messenger and whenever i try to log on now I get windows live communications platform has stopped working and it logs me out. Any thoughts on what i can do to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated
cheers mjh2009

Problem signature:
Fault Module Name: StackHash_1175
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: f2a80000
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 1175
Additional Information 2: fe5b1a36c0908521f27094d09b824d8b
Additional Information 3: 0dd0
Additional Information 4: 8889e7e69f0ce8819c2686d1ac4ba38e

A:windows live communications platform has stopped working

I had the exact same problem with the wlcomm.exe file and got the same message etc., as you are getting. I finally found a page that helped me to fix my login problems that started after applying the forced update. Mine was the Nvidia problem and when I shut that process down I was able to sign in No Problem.
Messenger Support Space - Windows Live That Page has a few different things to try. I sure hope this helps you out. Extrememly frustrating problem to deal with.

Good Luck
Later

http://www.vistax64.com/software/259366-windows-live-communications-platform-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

SOLVED The title says most of it Recently within the past couple hours actually I've been experiencing this error whenever I attempt to sign into Windows Live Messenger on my main e-mail What I find odd about it though is that has Windows working. stopped Communications Live Platform I can sign into Windows Live Messenger on Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working. any account other than my main one Example I'm able to sign into abc com and def com but not ghi com main account This is all Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working. the information I'm presented with about the error Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name wlcomm exe Application Version Application Timestamp bc Fault Module Name ESENT dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp e b Exception Code c Exception Offset e fe OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a Additional Information fef ecf fe d a b f b Additional Information ed Additional Information eb a ca c cdf a cee dba I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program deleting certain files as instructed by other threads downloading file fixes cleaning my registry scanning my computer for viruses with different programs and everything else I could think of - I just don't seem to be able to find a fix Any information would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working.

I'm curious; are you using the beta version of Windows live?
If you are using the Beta, try the non-beta one or vice versa.
Sorry I couldn't help much.

You might also want to check to make sure all the latest updates for Windows are installed if you haven't already done that.

Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/281853-windows-live-communications-platform-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have been having this problem for a few days now, tried un-installing and re-installing WLM, but nothing seems to work. I just run vanilla Vista. Anyone have any ideas?
Fault Module Name: B6B4E567.x86.dll
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ab23e3e
Exception Offset: 00005874
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: ea50
Additional Information 2: e4edabdec2c738e89f772670b224546f
Additional Information 3: 4413
Additional Information 4: 244f6205afd2bb458f1489d04eae5ea4 

http://www.vistax64.com/software/249099-windows-live-communications-platform-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Windows live essentials will not run and I get the above message every time I try to run it. This has been happening for about a couple of weeks. I've tried to re-install and to repair but still the same. I get the same message at times when trying to run internet explorer directly from a link. eg the microsoft fix it link. repeated error boxes keep coming up (maybe 10 times) until it can finally be crossed off.

Can someone help me please?

A:Windows live essentials has stopped working & internet

Windows is doing away with The Windows Live branding. Maybe this has something to do with your problem??

Maybe if you download it and re install it , may help.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/283327-windows-live-essentials-has-stopped-working-internet.html
Relevancy 72.24%

After Much experimenting I finally got WLM working Slowly again I like WLM 's GUI Much better and downloaded it from FileHippo com temp disable your AV for All install uninstalls Windows Stopped My Mail Working/Workaround.... Live has There isn't a bug WLM is just VERY slow bloatware amp After trying Auslogics Puran I find that free Defraggler is the best defrag for system performance replace windows defrag on install and be sure to temp disable your AV during installation defrag or it won't allow Hosts file changes There are things you need to pre-do Before My Windows Live Mail has Stopped Working/Workaround.... opening WLM I have a pretty fast i - computer Win Pro gig memory with a k rpm WD Raptor sata HD so you may have to adjust your wait times accordingly - Temp disable your AV's webguard wait min If your browser is open minimize it for min I set IE to default but browse with latest FF You will need a timer second clock and if WLM stops working wait min to close or it will be corrupted watch your HD light WLM is still closing in background amp I wait min before re-opening WLM Open WLM amp let it load for min My Windows Live Mail has Stopped Working/Workaround.... before doing Anything Now for the sec rule before final clicking ALL - Pre-Put your cursor on what you want to click amp Always wait sec after the bubble closes BEFORE After clicking ANYTHING Go to Tools Options amp disable Send messages immediately messages take min to final queue NEVER delete A message after viewing - Close amp wait min After all messages have been Viewed Sent to cleanup amp then wait min before closing WLM sec rule on Xing out too I know this is a time-consuming Hassle but better than WLM constantly crashing

A:My Windows Live Mail has Stopped Working/Workaround....

What version of WLM are you using ?. I am using this one hassle free.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/195464-my-windows-live-mail-has-stopped-working-workaround.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have 2 Laptops and 1 desktop, the two laptops are identical.

The laptop that I used in my work, is having this issue my other computers are not.

First of all I've tried everything, I have read every forum (reinstalling Windows Live Messenger, Windows Live Mail, erasing the Windows Live Contacts) for some people unistalling some NVidia software works, but all my pc's run on Ati so that option is discarded.

I deseperate need help is one of the most annoying issues I have encounter as a pc user.

Help please!

Sincerely,

Juan Emil

http://www.vistax64.com/software/233870-windows-live-communication-platform-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Windows live communications platform has stopped working. Everything was working fine until yesterday and now i cant login to msn and i get this message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-communications-platform-has-stopped-working.895239/
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm using Windows 7 x64, Thunderbird 2.0.0.23.

I've long used Thunderbird without too many problems; then I installed Windows Live Mail (because I can search it using Windows Search).

Now, whenever I start Thunderbird, I get an error message about how it "Could not connect to the mail server imap.aol.com. Connection was refused." This happens even when Windows Live Mail is NOT running.

Windows Live Mail seems to work correctily. T-Bird is still set as my default mail reader.

A:Thunderbird stopped working after installing Windows Live Mail

SOLVED. There was a problem with the firewall. I removed the Thunderbird rule, let the firewall re-discover it, and now it's okay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302650/thunderbird-stopped-working-after-installing-windows-live-mail/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi, guys!
This annoying message happens every time I try to run a video or related stuff..

Anybody know how to fix this? Please?

A:Windows Live QuickTime Control Host has stopped working

Thoses kind of bugs seems to happen a lot in windows 7 x64. I guess we have to deal with them until they start releasing some SP or updates.

Try to desinstall and reinstall this program I guess. Otherway, try the Klite codec pack. work perfectly under windows 7 x64. Just take the good version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/58164-windows-live-quicktime-control-host-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 71.81%

At Midday today Sept 30th My e mails stopped working. I checked with the service provider and they confirmed that their system is still operating via webmail so the problem seems to be with live l=mail

A:My Windows live mail stopped working today. Is there a reason

Which device? There was a big hotmail update, but no iussues written in forum till now, did you got an error code?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441227-my-windows-live-mail-stopped-working-today-there-reason.html
Relevancy 71.38%

For the past months I have had no trouble with the main email that email working. stopped 8.1 Windows has comes with Windows but for some reason it has stopped working this past week it will not send mail or receive emails I noticed the problem after I tried deleting old Windows 8.1 email has stopped working. emails and then they would reappear after loading the program in the delete folder there would be multiple versions of them Such as Amazon recommends emails I have tried several test emails and no luck It seems to be just that program as my Google mail works as does my student mail and the internet connection is working perfectly No settings have been altered in the mail program it has just stopped working I can use my Google mail in the meantime but a lot of business contacts or important info arrive through my main email Another curious bug that started at the same time is that Windows news will not connect either and on opening the page it instantly minimizes and won't access the site Yes it is baffling

A:Windows 8.1 email has stopped working.

try logging into your email via internet ie Hotmail.com

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/59739-windows-8-1-email-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium Svce.pack 1 with Windows Live email....my hard disk is being replaced and I will be without this computer for 1 week.
My spare computer runs on windows XP Home Edition v.2002 service pack 3 - with Outlook Express.v.6.00.2900.5512(xpsp.080413-2105)
I am saving all Windows Live emails for importing back into my new HDD - but do not know how to save Outlook Express emails for import into Windows live when the new HDD is back
Is Outlook Express email data readily compatible with Windows 7 ?
Info and advice would be much appreciated

A:EMAIL -Windows Live and Outlook Express

No it's not, but you can install Windows Live Email on your XP Computer and it will backup your OE Emails to Windows Live then you can export them from Live to a Flash drive and then transfer them over to the Windows 7 Computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/email-windows-live-and-outlook-express-593504.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello

I am having trouble trying to find the best way to do this.

On one laptop I am using Outlook 2007 on Windows XP Professional and need to get the emails and contacts from here to my new laptop which is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, which uses Windows Live Mail.

What would be the best way to do this?

Thanks very much

Sophi

A:How do I import/export emails from Outlook 2007 to Windows Live Mail?

Hi sophi, welcome to 7F!

Have you already tried, what did you run into?
EDIT:

Found this link that offers two solutions: https://social.technet.microsoft.com...ve-mail-client

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/300632-how-do-i-import-export-emails-outlook-2007-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi there, I'm new to the forums here, but I decided it was time to post my problem up.

As you might be able to tell from my name, it's most likely going to be a one time thing, but without further ado...

My problem is with Windows Live Mail version 2009.

Here is the following message I get after a few minutes on the application:

WINDOWS LIVE COMMUNICATIONS PLATFORM HAS STOPPED WORKING:

Problem signature:
Fault Module Name: ADVAPI32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03717
Exception Offset: 00033bea
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: 5b0e
Additional Information 2: cb802b0238239628a8f9c58d62531aa0
Additional Information 3: 3adc
Additional Information 4: 1fbb264c84c71846ed4b00b95474262c

Sorry to bother you guys, but please, could you help out a fellow computer user?

A:Windows Live Mail (Communications Platform stopped working) Crash

Welcome

Sorry that it took so long to answer, but your problem is a bit unique and the potential solution was difficult to ascertain. Hopefully this will help in your situation

Windows Live Mail Corrupt?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/279898-windows-live-mail-communications-platform-stopped-working-crash.html
Relevancy 70.95%

For some reason I can see my Outlook email but when I try to send any emails they automatically get sent to the draft folder and sit there. I also have a Gmail account set up but same problem. Suggestions?

FYI this is the W8 mail app that has these problems.

Thanks

A:Windows 8 metro email app stopped working

Hi there. Look through and perhaps try these:

App Troubleshooter

www.eightforums.com/showthread.php?t=20291

Apps and tiles not working tutorial list

www.eightforums.com/showthread.php?t=21051

Try running scannow at least three times.

www.eightforums.com/showthread.php?t=3047

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/31152-windows-8-metro-email-app-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys,
I have got a laptop with a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro x64 on it. When I try to install Office 2007 Enterprise or Office Pro Plus 2010 on it the setup tries to start but then crashes with "Microsoft Office Setup has stopped working". This occurs when it actually tries to install, I can go through entering CD key, choosing install location and what to install no problem.
I have tried installing from a downloaded ISO as well in case the disks were in bad condition but exactly the same issue occured.
Any help much appreciated.

A:"Microsoft Office Setup has stopped working" 2007/2010 on Windows 7

Please download MiniToolBox by Farbar to your Desktop and run it.
Check-mark the following boxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
List Installed Programs
List Devices – Only Problems
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
Click Go and copy and paste the contents of the log (Result.txt) into your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528025/microsoft-office-setup-has-stopped-working-20072010-on-windows-7/
Relevancy 70.09%

Please can you help? I use windows 10 on both laptop and desktop Pc. I have a microsoft login account and use Outlook (paid subscription) software. I would like to know for peace of mind if my emails are stored in my microsoft account or on each device when I log in? My reasoning is I would like to download and export my emails to either and external HD device or cloud base situation. Can you tell me if my account is actually cloud based and therefore saved already or located in my user\app section in C:/ but I haven't found it in C:\user\appdata\local\microsoft\windows mail

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/66494-email-storage-windows-live-account-outlook.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am running Win XP using MS Essnetials as AV works like a charm except this morning in Outlook some messages are hanging and won't quot send' and this is what i get gt gt I cannot seem to access send or reciece my Outlook email on Win Live mail I get this error message gt Windows [SOLVED] Live Outlook Mail Email gt gt gt gt An unknown error has occurred Subject 'Re A friend wanted you to see this' Server Error Server Response Requested action aborted Local processing error Server 'smtphm sympatico ca' Windows Live Mail Error ID x CCC A Protocol SMTP Port Secure SSL Yes When i go to my Bell email account no problem it shows sending and receiving no problem I am running old Win XP works fine no problems with MS essentials as my AV It's just when i go to either resond [SOLVED] Outlook Email Windows Live Mail to someone's email and send i keep getting this error message' quot Send messages using my email account FAILED quot An unknown error has occurred I tried running quot Wlarp quot in search but XP won't allow me to do this I also tried gt gt Click Start button Circle button with a Windows logo it Click Control Panel Click Programs Click Programs and Features Search for Windows Live Essentials then double click it Click Repair all Windows Live programs When i got to dbl click Win Live Essentials and tried dbl clicking nothing happened it gave me Chane remove options but no repair Can anyone help me with this issue Thx

A:[SOLVED] Outlook Email Windows Live Mail

Quote:

Click Start button (Circle button with a Windows logo it).....Click Programs and Features

If you are going to Programs and Features, then you are not running Windows XP, but Windows 7. to confirm, Right click (My) Computer and choose Properties. This will tell you what Windows OS, Service Pack and Physical RAM you have.
As for Windows Live: uncheck the box this server requires a secure connection [ssl].

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-outlook-email-windows-live-mail-954665.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I am SSL stopped have 7- via been receiving a on Update? email it could POP3 Windows Outlook Win running Office on Windows RTM for a couple of months without problem Suddenly Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update? Outlook generate errors whenever it tries to read email from my Yahoo account POP server Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update? Yahoo uses SSL for both POP and SMTP server connections Whenever the Outlook error appears I also get an error in the Windows Application log-Outlook error-Task quot rjo - Receiving quot reported error x CCC F quot The connection to the server was interrupted If this problem continues contact your server administrator or the Internet Sservice provider ISP quot App log error- XML view - - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Schannel quot Guid quot F - - - FDC-C FF F C quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt OtterPC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot AlertDesc quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt On the day that the last message was received Outlook still worked I got a boatload of Windows updates I did a system restore to when it worked but no success I did everything in the various KB articles to troubleshoot new profile with new data file - no luck My WinXP boot partition on the same machine works fine with its Outlook install I tried tuning off the Win firewall Any ideas

A:Outlook stopped receiving POP3 email via SSL on Win 7- could it have been a Windows Update?

I'm sure you know yahoo requires a plus account paid subcription for email clients since yahoo was working on your previous operating system. Also if it's of any to use you this link has the yahoo plus client settings.  http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/06a311ad-a43a-4148-84c0-9564870d2f63/outlook-stopped-receiving-pop3-email-via-ssl-on-win-7-could-it-have-been-a-windows-update?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 69.66%

How do I import email messages into Windows Live Mail? Help!!! Thanks.

Bill

A:import email messages from outlook into windows live mail

I wish I knew what to advise you on this topic, but I also find myself in the same position. I recently purchased this new laptop, with windows 7 installed on it. I also decided to upgrade my Microsoft Office from the 2000 version, to the Student/Office 2010. Several hours after roaming through the Office program went by, and then I noticed that Outlook Express is not included with that program, but can be purchased for an additional $149.00

Windows Live setup didn't go well either. I tried to run the wizard, and set up an email account, but I never could get the sign-on to acknowledge the password for the windows live, or the email account/s Gmail, or others that it stated would import all contacts from the old account (Outlook Express).
I'm not using Windows Live becuse of this, but to be more honest, i'm not really sure what the importance of the program is, other than using it for Video email of sort. I just let it stay closed, and go on without Windows Live right now.

Hope everything works out for you, and maybe we can both benefit from any responses on this topic.

Have a great day,
2-Cups

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337838/import-email-messages-from-outlook-into-windows-live-mail/
Relevancy 69.66%

Thanks for any help.
Hardware: Dell T3400 running Windows 7 Pro. (Windows Live Mail)
Dell GX280 running Windows XP Pro. (Outlook Express 6.0)

I need detailed instructions that I can print to move the
email/addresses/settings etc. (3 identities) from the XP puter to
the Windows 7 puter.

Hope this is placed in the correct forum.

A:migrating email from Outlook Express 6.0 to Windows live mail

In windows 7 live mail you can use the import\export method. The format is "*.iaf"
Im not sure though for xp.
So test\try to export accounts from the xp then import accounts in windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/199251-migrating-email-outlook-express-6-0-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I have a Draytek Vigor2700G Router with adsl.

As well as my desktop I have a Grandstream Budge Tone 100 sip phone connected to it.

I also use a dell latitude d351 which has windows xp and office 2007. I am using the outlook Business Contact manager for my work and it would be great if i could link my sip phone to bcm when i plug the laptop into the router. Is this an easy thing to do? My knowledge in this area is basic to none so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/140905/outlook-2007-connecting-to-sip-phone/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have bought a new computer with Windows 7 preinstalled. Before setting it up I backed up all my outstanding emails (204 .dbx files) and email addresses (one .wab file size 176kb) from my old computer on to a memory stick. I now want to import them into Windows Live Mail. I have gone through the recommended procedure for the emails, but only some of them have come across. I have been totally unable to import the addresses. The only procedures I have found seem to relate to a different version of Live Mail because they tell me to click on things that don't appear on my screen! Can anyone help?

It occurs to me that maybe not all the messages are being imported because I haven't imported the relevant contact details. Could this be the case?

By the way I can't go back to the old computer as it has completely died, which is why I replaced it.

A:Importing email addresses from Outlook Express to Windows 7 Live mail

Briamm,
Peruse the links below to see if they provide you with more information.
Note the links are in a random order.

How do I transfer my contacts and emails from Outlook Express to - Microsoft Answers

Importing Outlook Express mail into Windows Live Mail

migrating email from Outlook Express 6.0 to Windows live mail

Questions about Migration from Outlook-Express 6 on my old, Windows-XP - Microsoft Answers

How do I transfer Outlook Express email and folders from an old - Microsoft Answers

Import E-Mail Contacts from Outlook Express 6 to Windows 7, Windows - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/209775-importing-email-addresses-outlook-express-windows-7-live-mail.html
Relevancy 68.8%

When I click on the msg screen it goes right back to the same screen and won't let me text

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434971-i-cant-text-my-phone-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello All!
I am having a heck of a time importing email messages from Vista Windows Mail. This is my situation: I have a new laptop with Windows 7, I have Outlook 2007 installed on it. I have backed up data from the old hard drive using an IDE to USB cable and Cobian Backup Black Moon Edition. When I try to import the address book and the messages, it imports the address book, but not the messages. Can anyone help me to figure out another way to do this, or if there are other settings that I need to change in order to make this happen.

A:Need help importing email messages into Outlook 2007 from Windows Mail Files

It is best to export the messages from Winmail, then import them into Outlook.

Not sure how you backed up your Winmail.

Also see this
http://www.vista4beginners.com/migrate-to-Outlook-2007-and-Windows-Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-importing-email-messages-into-outlook-2007-from-windows-mail-files.901517/
Relevancy 67.94%

I just bought a new computer last night and I loaded Outlook 2007. I entered my email specs (I have AT&T) and when I tried to send a test email the error came up "Cannot send test email. Please check email address." I triple checked my email address, even used other AT&T email addresses and it kept giving me the same error message. I was online with AT&T help for over 2 hours last night and they said I'm going to have to pay for help. Any ideas!?!??!

Relevancy 67.94%

I've been doing alot of tweaking and downloading the last few days so it could be anything i wanted to check Microsoft update because for whatever reason Live Messenger was not logging on and SkyDrive wasn't accessible on my laptop when windows apps working, google, drive live to microsoft responding stopped C:\ redirects update isn't unknown right. both work fine on my desktop i tried to get to Microsoft update through Google the link in my start microsoft update redirects to google, windows live apps stopped working, C:\ drive isn't responding right. unknown menu and even the link on the Microsoft homepage but they all ended up on Google with the URL staying as quot http update microsoft com quot and it did this with both Chrome and IE also for the last couple days when i directly double click on microsoft update redirects to google, windows live apps stopped working, C:\ drive isn't responding right. unknown the quot C quot drive an error pops up about not being able to find some quot RECYCLER S- - - - - - - com quot file but when i type in quot C quot in the address bar it gets there just fine also when i right click on quot C quot i have the option to AutoPlay and when i click quot open quot it asks me what program i would like to use to open quot the file C quot i am currently running an Avast virus scan but it's a free program so i don't think it will get me very far help would be greatly appreciated oh and some programs i have been installing and uninstalling are Gladinet windows live messenger from quot http www softpedia com get Internet Chat Instant-Messaging Windows-Live-Messenger- shtml quot because the actual Microsoft site wasn't working was told it was a broken link VLC Media Player Avast FreeUndelete InfraRecorder WAX STOIK Video Converter and Windows Movie Maker i have uninstalled STOIK Video Converter WAX NHC ExpressBurn Windows Live Messenger and SuperDVD Video Editor -UPDATE- i found the problem with the C drive and Avast was able to fix it it was a worm called BV AutoRun-T as for the other issues i found another Trojan in my system files called quot Win Fasec quot and it seems to match my symptoms it says it was deleted but the problem is still there even though when i run a thorough scan on the folder it was said to be in there aren't any reported problems maybe this was a separate issue and i still have undetected malware i don't know but here's an update on the DDS search DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Melena Fultz at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning disabled Updated Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files X watch x watch exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Documents and Settings Melena Fultz Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashSimpl exe C Documents and Settings Melena Fultz Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashChest exe C Documents and Settings Melena Fultz Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uWindow Title Microsoft Internet Explorer uSearch Bar hx... Read more

A:microsoft update redirects to google, windows live apps stopped working, C:\ drive isn't responding right. unknown

so the trojan ended up not letting me run MalwareBytes, or any other powerful anti-malware software, and i was stuck. but after looking around the forums i decided to try renaming the "mbam.exe" file associated with MalwareBytes to mbam123.exe and it worked! it finally opened! however, it didn't let me update the rules file, but i was able to find a download from another post of a more recent update, and it installed just fine. with some anticipation i ran MalwareBytes and finally, it managed to beat this thing. or, i should say... these 12 things... here's the log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1863
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

3/23/2009 11:16:58 PM
mbam-log-2009-03-23 (23-16-58).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 123886
Time elapsed: 50 minute(s), 15 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 3
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 8
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6fd31ed6-7c94-4bbc-8e95-f927f4d3a949} (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{90b5a95a-afd5-4d11-b9bd-a69d53d22226} (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\PreApproved\{8109fd3d-d891-4f80-8339-50a4913ace6f} (Adware.Zango) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.230,85.255.112.114 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{be8fbebf-c94d-4899-9946-34aa1eaab1d3}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.230,85.255.112.114 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.230,85.255.112.114 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{be8fbebf-c94d-4899-9946-34aa1eaab1d3}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.230,85.255.112.114 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.230,85.255.112.114 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{be8fbebf-c94d-4899-9946-34aa1eaab1d3}\NameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Data: 85.255.112.230,85.255.112.114 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gaopdxcounter (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

so PROBLEM SOLVED after three days of staying up 'till five AM searching frantically for t... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212994/microsoft-update-redirects-to-google-windows-live-apps-stopped-working-c-drive-isnt-responding-right-unknown/
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm sure this has been answered but I cant seem to locate it. Bought a new computer with Windows 7. Followed other recommendations and copied all email from my old computer (outlook express) to flash drive. Opened Windows Live Mail and went to File/Import/Message - Choose Microsoft Outlook 6 as format to import email from. Choose the file on the desktop that I had created and filled with the emails from the flash drive. Selected "all folders". It then imported all the various folders and emails from the desktop folder. Got the message that my folders were imported in Outlook 6 format. Clicked finished. Now comes the weird part. When I go to Windows Live, I cant find the folders anywhere. All of the Storage Folders are empty. Any idea where they are?

Thanks.

A:Hard Time Moving email from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail

I THINK that there may be a tree, with little arrows on the left of the folders. I think if you click on them the tree will expand and show your folders. I did say I think, not really sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/114197-hard-time-moving-email-outlook-express-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am trying to sync my Outlook 2007 with my andriod phone, it keeps giving me a "Sorry Activity Email (in application email) is not responding" error, and the two options are force close or wait - one logs out the other does nothing. I have trouble shot it with sprint, and replaced the device 4 times, and tired this account on other models of andriod phones and other andriod O/S and get the same result, so all things are pointing to the Outlook account. What can I check in his outlook account to figure out why his account does this. I have well over 100 other users in the company with outlook accounts working on a variety of andriod phones, and they are all working fine, just not this one.

Relevancy 67.94%

When I open Outlook 2007, it gives me the following message:

The Add-in Mobile Phone Tools (c:\programfiles\mobilephonetools\outl97.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact Add-in Manufacturer for up-date or please uninstall the Add-in.

I cannot seem to find this file on my PC. I tried to disable the add-in using Outlook's Trust Center but the Add-in was not listed. I tried every combination of words, phrases and files for an indexing search and no luck.

Also, I have tried to reset the two extend.dat and outcmd.dat files without success.

Thanks,

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,
I have encountered devastating problems with my laptop, an Asus Zenbook, Windows 7 Home Premium. Windows Explorer has stopped working and Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 has stopped working too when I tried to open them.

I tried to fix it by updating Windows, but I failed to install Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3040272) and got error code 80073712, Security Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB3072630) Error details: Code 80070490. 

I ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan, and caught some malware removed, but it does not help getting rid of the problems.

I tried to run sfc/ scannow, but Windows Explorer has stopped working when I tried to elevate command prompt as administrator.

Can anyone help me out of the problems?

Thanks!
Ben

A:Windows Explorer and Office Outlook have stopped working

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583326/windows-explorer-and-office-outlook-have-stopped-working/
Relevancy 67.51%

I used outlook for years on XP with same account settings and no issues I got a new pc with windows and now it 7 on working Outlook 2007 windows stops is constantly stops working I Outlook 2007 stops working on windows 7 have IMAP accounts and it is always a different one that causes it For instance day i can look at account but as soon as i look at an th outlook stops working The only way to fix it is remove the account and reconfigure it all over again then a day or two later a different account will start doing the same thing So basically i am having to re configure my accounts every couple of days While there seems to be no end to Outlook 2007 stops working on windows 7 the issues i keep having with this is one of the most frustrating since it also tells me that no solution for the problem can be found I have attached the logs - anyone able to tell me how to fix this Log Name Application Source Application Error Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer JoesLaptop-PC Description Faulting application name OUTLOOK EXE version time stamp x e f fb Faulting module name mspst dll version time stamp x db bfae Exception code xc Fault offset x be Faulting process id x d Faulting application start time x ccc c b cf Faulting application path C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE Faulting module path c progra micros office mspst dll Report Id e - bb- e - e- e f Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt JoesLaptop-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt OUTLOOK EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e f fb lt Data gt lt Data gt mspst dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt db bfae lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt be lt Data gt lt Data gt d lt Data gt lt Data gt ccc c b cf lt Data gt lt Data gt C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt c progra micros office mspst dll lt Data gt lt Data gt e - bb- e - e- e f lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name Application Source Windows Error Reporting Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer JoesLaptop-PC Description Fault bucket type Event Name APPCRASH Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P OUTLOOK EXE P P e f fb P mspst dll P P db bfae P c P be P P Attached files C Users Joe's Laptop AppData Local Temp cvr C Users Joe's Laptop AppData Local Temp od C Users Joe's Laptop AppData Local Temp od C Users Joe's Laptop AppData Local Temp CVRACE tmp cvr C Users Joe's Laptop AppData Local Temp WERB tmp WERInternalMetadata xml These files may be available here C Users Joe's Laptop AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive AppCrash OUTLOOK EXE aa d dbadb d e f d b cb Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id e - bb- e - e- e f Report Status Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Windows Error Reporting quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt JoesLaptop-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt APPCRASH lt Data gt lt Data gt Not available lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt OUTLOOK EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e f fb lt Data gt lt Data gt mspst dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt db bfae lt Data g... Read more

A:Outlook 2007 stops working on windows 7

* Have you tried opening Outlook in Safe Mode?
Start > all Programs > Accessories> run {Command Prompt} > type 'outlook /safe' without quotes.

Note: There is a space between ?Outlook? and ?/?

If Outlook works as expected then click on the link below to disable the addins.

Enable or disable add-ins in Office programs - Outlook - Office.com

* If the above doesn't help try to repair Office.
Start -> Control Panel -> Select Office Outlook 2007 and click on change > Repair.

* If Outlook is still not working you can uninstall / reinstall.
Before you do so please backup all your Outlook files on the computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/204839-outlook-2007-stops-working-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a new computer that came with Windows 7. I installed my MS Office Professional 2007 and all seemed fine. I started a new contact list but when I shut my compter down for the evening & opened it this morning I could not open my MS Office Outlook 2007. This is the error I'm getting.

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I don't even know how to check my computer's system. At a reall loss. Any help on this? Thanks

Relevancy 67.08%

I'll bet you have not heard this one before. I was attempting to send an email to a potential client. Everything seemed to work well except that it was returned. The problem was that the address was changed somewhere. His name is spelled with a j but somewhere along the line, it was changed to a k and so there was no such person and therefore was returned to me.

#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.RecipNotFound; not found ##rfc822;

What could have happened? This is a new one on me.

A:outlook 2007 changed email address so email was returned

Hi.

Did you get a message similar with these?
----------------------------------------------
Hotmail:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

-----------------
Windows Live mail:

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/207707-outlook-2007-changed-email-address-so-email-returned.html
Relevancy 66.65%

When i click hyperlink of any new mail i got it redirects to http://%22/

Please help on this

A:Hyperlink not working on Office outlook 2007 on Windows 7

What browser are you using? And what is that link you are trying to open?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/232676-hyperlink-not-working-office-outlook-2007-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am running Windows Ultimate Version Build Service pack This problem started a few months ago when the pop up box would occasionally appear and say the application either Outlook or Explorer had stopped working Closing the box would allow me to continue on in the application Then occasionally the box would pop up saying XXX had stopped working and it had Now every time I try to access Outlook or Explorer or even Google Chrome they stop working immediately Every other program that accesses the net works Windows 9 working 2007 and stop Outlook Explorer 7. in fine ie windows update online games McAfee ect What is super frustrating is that I can t access the web or e-mail to get a fix for this problem I have accessed the internet on my phone yes home WiFi works great and seen that this is not an isolated problem I have tried restores to Explorer 9 and Outlook 2007 stop working in Windows 7. earlier Explorer 9 and Outlook 2007 stop working in Windows 7. dates I have tried to resolve it with some of the more understandable fixes to no avail The only major difference from when the problem started and was intermittent and now is that I signed up for Windows this is my work and home computer Has anyone identified the problem and figured out a fix that a non IT person can accomplish Keep in mind I can t access the net with the effected computer so I would have to transfer fixes from one machine to another Update-Explorer works if I keep the crashed copy of outlook up by not clicking the close program in the error message in outlook The conversae is not true Below are the error messages that pop up for all three crashes Faulting application name OUTLOOK EXE version time stamp x e dcd Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x ce b e Exception code xc Fault offset x c b Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ccb a faaf f Faulting application path C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE Faulting module path C Windows SYSTEM ntdll dll Report Id d a c - e - e - cf- c a Faulting application name iexplore exe version time stamp x d d Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x ce b e Exception code xc Fault offset x c b Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x ccb a f d f b Faulting application path C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Faulting module path C Windows SYSTEM ntdll dll Report Id e c a- e - e - cf- c a Faulting application name chrome exe version time stamp x ec cf b Faulting module name ntdll dll version time stamp x ce b e Exception code xc Fault offset x c b Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x ccb a a a ffd Faulting application path C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe Faulting module path C Windows SYSTEM ntdll dll Report Id e f c- e - e - cf- c a

A:Explorer 9 and Outlook 2007 stop working in Windows 7.

Re IE9.

*Check if any add-ons on the Internet explorer are causing the error.
I would suggest you to try opening IE9 in the no add-ons mode.

a) Click the Start button, click All Programs and click Accessories

b) Click System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

How do browser add-ons affect my computer?
* If the above step fails then refer the below Microsoft article and try the steps mentioned.

Internet Explorer stops responding, stops working, or restarts
* If the above step fails then try resetting the internet explorer settings to default and check.

For more information refer the below link.

How to reset Internet Explorer settings
Important: Reset Internet Explorer to its default configuration. This step will also disable any add-ons, plug-ins, or toolbars that are installed. Although this solution is quick, it also means that, if you want to use any of those add-ons in the future, they must be reinstalled.
* Does the behavior persist if you've accessed the page in Compatibility Mode?

How to use Compatibility View in Internet Explorer 9

*Uninstall / Reinstall IE9.

How do I install or uninstall Internet Explorer 9?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/200895-explorer-9-outlook-2007-stop-working-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi - My PC has xp Pro. I use Firefox and have a hotmail acct. I don't use my phone for internet access as I have a Kindle Fire. At my ex-BF's one day, I got online using his info from his iphone for my Kindle. Since then, he is getting my outgoing email, but I think only to one contact. How can this be?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-of-my-outlook-email-being-sent-to-friends-phone.1163515/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi My POP email account has been working fine for months and I have been receiving emails on my Iphone and and also the PC on outlook Two days ago I stopped receiving emails on outlook The new emails would show up on the phone but not the PC I made sure PC working on Email or not Phone that quot never delete from server quot was selected on both phone and outlook PC And now my phone cleared ALL my emails and wont receive anything other hotmail junk I deleted the account off my Email not working on PC or Phone phone and reset it then added the details again It shows that everything is fine but the only emails I received were from and one from march My outlook was reset as well and it says quot send receive quot complete and shows no new emails I know there are emails coming in because I logged into the webmail host site and it shows my new and old emails in there I really need to fix this problem ASAP as its affecting my work not having emails on my phone and outlook Using the webmail server isnt the best option for me Please reply with the information you need and I can provide it Thanks DP I am using my friends account

Relevancy 66.22%

Intermittently, Outlook 2007 will crash while sending an email and, needless to say, the email is not sent. However I wanted to know if there is a temp or backup copy of that mail anywhere. I've looked in drafts and it's not there.

I've sometimes typed a very long email and then lost the whole email when Outlook crashes so I just wanted to know if, like Word, there is a temp file that may be created.

Thanks.

A:Outlook 2007- crash while sending email - where does the email go?

Hi cp, welcome to TSG. Do you have Autosave enabled for Outlook? If not, perhaps this link will help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-crash-while-sending-email-where-does-the-email-go.886349/
Relevancy 65.79%

hellooo,

i have an android phone and a computer running win7. i get my emails thru my phone and computer on outlook 2010. never any issues sending emails thru the phone but for some unknown reason some how certain email addresses instead of looking like [email protected] (normal format that works) they end up being "[email protected]" <[email protected]>.

when they are changed to the second format, the email just stays in the outbox for ever... when i noticed this was the problem, i retype aaaaaaall me email addresses.

slowly over time, they return to the format that gets outlook 2010 upset.

by any chance would there be someone that know how to fix this?

thanks

Relevancy 65.36%

Windows 7/Office 2007. I just installed Office 2007 on a brand new HP Laptop running W7 64bit. When click on a URL in an email, I get the following error message, "MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK. This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator". This also happened when clicking on an "Unsubscribe" link in a different email. Can someone please tell me how to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Outlook/Office 2007 - cannot launch url in an email in Outlook

Here's the solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310049#fixit4me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-outlook-office-2007-cannot-launch-url-in-an-email-in-outlook.969516/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey all! I need alittle help. I am trying to move all of my emaill addresses and saved emails from Outlook Express on one computer. To Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 on a second computer. I've never had to do this before, but I have to now. Because it's not for me. If you guys and girls can help me out with this it would be awesome. I need to get this don tomorrow. Thank you in advance.

Regards

A:Move email addresses from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007

I have Window live mail, but all these MS products work about the same.
Under file go to import export from there it should be self explanatory.
Let me know if you cant find it, Ill help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/113324-move-email-addresses-outlook-express-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have an Windows (Vista) notebook with outlook 2007, and now I have an new notebook with Windows 8.1. Where I want to export my mail & contact to Windows live mail, how can I import this in WLM on my other notebook?

I already have configure my mail on WLM where I can receive and send messages. I tried something with the program Mailstore 8 but my mail is now on another computer.

I also find this link: how to export mail,calendar contact in outlook to windows live mail clientWith the "Outlook Conversion Application" solution but is this possible on different computers and has WLM an import function?

A:Export mail and contacts from Outlook 2007 to Windows live mail 2012?

Don I might be way off track here mate but was the Outlook account the same email address as you have set up in WLM?

Just a thought you might try adding an account to WLM using the old address and password. I did this with my old account from my service provider then went to a Hotmail account.
Now admittedly it was still within WLM but worth a try.

What I will do is try and add my work account (Outlook) to my WLM and see if it works.

PS It added the account but I have to get the POP and STMP settings right first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/344098-export-mail-contacts-outlook-2007-windows-live-mail-2012-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi after getting this problem myself, I read a thread regard it on this website, however did not find a good answer.
My recommendation is to System Restore your computer to an earlier point.
I just done this, and my windows live messenger is working fine again.

A:How to solve "Windows Live Communications Platform has stopped working. " problem.

Hello and welcome to the forum

I am very glad you have your computer up and running, so I am assuming that the problem is solved, if you have anymore problems please let us know.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/290361-how-solve-windows-live-communications-platform-has-stopped-working-problem.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Three times in the last 24 hours this warning has opened on my Desktop, after I have just closed Windows Live Mail [WLM] . After the warning disappears from the Desktop, WLM opens yet again.

Naturally I've allowed the issue to be reported to MS and sent the information, but I note that there is also a File that describes the event, in this case:

C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Local\Temp\WER21C8.tmp.hdmp

Is there any way that I may attempt to either fix or resolve this issue myself? For starters, I haven't a clue about how I access the quoted File, and if I did, I don't know what to do with it anyway.

Or is this yet another of those situations where you just grin and bear it until MS come up with something to resolve the issue? Hope not 'cos it's mildly annoying...

A:"Windows Live Mail has stopped working" - Files describe event; Fix?

1) Ignore error message.
2) Do a "repair" of Windows Live Essentials via Programs and Features
3) Use the Disk Cleanup utility
3) Use sfc /scannow via the command prompt window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/167007-windows-live-mail-has-stopped-working-files-describe-event-fix.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys!
I have one big problem!
I have windows 7 (64-bit) and the last version of msn live(i think so).
The problem is when i want to click somebody(but not everybody) shows me alert that msn live has stopped working and i must run it again from the begining. And when i run it again, and i try one more time to click that contact, this alert comes again.

I hope that anybody knows how to resolve this problem.
I'm sory for my english

bye, Denis

Relevancy 64.93%

Hi guys,

I have got a laptop with a fresh instal of W7 Pro x64 on it. When I try to install Office 2007 Enterprise or Office Pro Plus 2010 on it the setup tries to start but then crashes with "Microsoft Office Setup has stopped working". This occurs when it actually tries to install, I can go through entering CD key, choosing install location and what to install no problem.

I have tried installing from a downloaded ISO as well in case the disks were in bad condition but exactly the same issue occured.

Any help much appreciated.

A:"Microsoft Office Setup has stopped working" 2007/2010 on Windows 7

Is the install 64x or 84x?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/325812-microsoft-office-setup-has-stopped-working-2007-2010-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 64.93%

The Title says it all - that is what I get as a message everytime I try to open the Eail Program now. NOTHING happens when I chose "find a solution on line". The following is a copy of their description of what is causing this:

Problem signature:
Application Name: wlmail.exe
Application Version: 14.0.8117.416
Application Timestamp: 4bc9368e
Fault Module Name: unknown
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: d2f9614e
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Additional information about the problem:
LCID: 1033

PLEASE help me F you can or steer me to where I need to go to get his fixed = I have another 'puter to get your responses!

TKS michael

A:"Windows Live Mail has Stopped Working"

Hi Michael,

Please take a look at this solution, and let me know if it works for you: Windows Live Mail Has Stopped Working | Windows Certified - A place of IT News and a helpful windows community Forum.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/99161-windows-live-mail-has-stopped-working.html