Windows Support Forum

Lenovo g50-70 issues after installing Windows 7

Q: Lenovo g50-70 issues after installing Windows 7

i bought my lenovo g50 series about a week ago and initially it had windows 10. Hell broke loose when i down graded to windows 7 and i don't know what to do. firstly the usb ports are not reading any usb drives, 2ndly the ear/head phone jack is not working and its really pissing me off. so can you please help me.......

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue and moved post to its own thread.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lenovo g50-70 issues after installing Windows 7

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lenovo g50-70 issues after installing Windows 7

Hi mikemjscott ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Did you manage to install the drivers from the support site.
Would you have the machine number from the sticker or check it from the parts lookup page.
Just keep your serial number confidential.

Update us as soon as convenient.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g50-70-issues-after-installing-Windows-7/td-p/3471431
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently switched to Windows 10 from Windows 8. I have installed drivers dowloaded from lenovo support. While graphics intense applications are opened the AMD graphics is supposed to be switched on. But it is not switching from intel graphics. Also my headphone jack is not working. Is there anything to install for switching graphics and audio jack to work properly.?

A:Lenovo G50 70- Issues installing Graphics card (AM...

Dear ajidjz,

Welcome in lenovo community,

To switch between the graphics cards,

Please open the BIOS configuration page, and make sure that (Optimus GPU device) is switchable.

About the audio problem,

Open control panel >> hardware and sound >> Smart audio >> choose Audio Director >> click Multi-Stream

Regards,
Joseph

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-70-Issues-installing-Graphics-card-AMD-and-audio-jack/td-p/2192579
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear community!

I have problem instaling Windows 8 on my new Lenovo laptop G50-80. I received Lenovo CD with Windows 8, inserted that CD in DVD drive and placed DVD drive as first in boot priority.

The problem which I have is that my Lenovo doesn't load Windows 8, instead it goes every time to FREE DOS. What should I do?

Here are picture of BIOS settings:

Here is youtube video: https://youtu.be/jsvzpu5Qu1o

A:Problem with Installing Windows 8 from CD on my new Lenovo

I don't think the DVD is what you think it is. Try booting it in a different computer to check it out.

Download a new Windows 8.1 ISO and use it instead: Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

I'd recommend creating a flash drive to install from rather than a DVD, faster install.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/71506-problem-installing-windows-8-cd-my-new-lenovo.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Dear community!

I have problem instaling Windows 8 on my new Lenovo laptop G50-80. I received Lenovo CD with Windows 8, inserted that CD in DVD drive and placed DVD drive as first in boot priority.

The problem which I have is that my Lenovo doesn't load Windows 8, instead it goes every time to FREE DOS. What should I do?

Here are picture of BIOS settings:

Here is youtube video: https://youtu.be/jsvzpu5Qu1o

A:Problem with Installing Windows 8 from CD on my new Lenovo G50-80

We have a Sister Site that might be more helpful.

Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/383127-problem-installing-windows-8-cd-my-new-lenovo-g50-80-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

iI searched first on install problems with Netflix on Windows but all the threads were old and I was told suggested to open a new thread I purchased a Lenovo Yoga recently and have been enjoying it Still getting to get over the hump learning Windows I have two Windows machines which I am comfortable with but still honestly being a programmer I still LOVED Windows XP When I try to install the Netflix APP got the latest from Windows App site the first popup asks me for my Windows email account I do not have one I use Outlook gmail yahoo But even so there are no options on that pop up except to close Then the Netflix app install windows says working That goes on and on I have left it like that over night and it still never does the install Is there any trick to 10 Windows Yoga on with a Netflix 900 Installing Lenovo installing the Netflix app on Windows Right now the only way I can use Netflix is to bring up my browser and starting it that way

A:Installing Netflix on a Lenovo Yoga 900 with Windows 10

How about install Netflix online ?

Open your browser, search for Netflix > enter your email address and password etc etc.

That was what I did..... install Netflix on line instead of Windows Store.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/44292-installing-netflix-lenovo-yoga-900-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello nbsp As stated in the subject Recently I have bought a Lenovo G - Laptop with preinstalled Windows It does not really fell into my liking so I have decided to format it and get back to Windows which I personally like far more And then the problems started However I try to instal Win I get the blue screen with this error code nbsp x A I have read about and it turns out that Win have some issues with the UEFI machines Here is what I have tried Updated bios on 7 PROBLE... Windows Installing Lenovo 64bit G50-30 to the nbsp A CN WW version Install it form original DVD as well form prepared USB drive Changing BIOS setting UEFI modes AHCI to Compatible Deafult Setting for Specific OS Changing USB mode from to Preparing bootable usb using Power ISO Utra Installing Windows 7 64bit on Lenovo G50-30 PROBLE... ISO and Rufus Installing Windows XP from original CD nbsp My ideas have not got any effects the blue screen with exactely the same message still appears It would be really great if somene can give any advice how to deal with it Solved Go to Solution

A:Installing Windows 7 64bit on Lenovo G50-30 PROBLE...

hi Swistak1986,

Welcome to the Forums.

If you're planning to install Win7 in legacy (MBR) mode and you've already checked this thread, can you try the following steps and observe:

1. Boot into the BIOS and set the following settings:

Exit Tab:
OS Optimized Defaults = Win7 OS

When finished, hit Load default settings (just right above it) then set these additional settings:

Security Tab:
Secure Boot = Disabled

Boot Tab:
Boot Mode = Legacy
Boot Priority = Legacy First

2. When finished, hit Fn+F10 to save and exit and boot from the Win7 USB installer and observe if you can now install Win7 in legacy (MBR) mode.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Installing-Windows-7-64bit-on-Lenovo-G50-30-PROBLEM/td-p/2092992
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having difficulty installing Windows 7
on a Lenovo X260. I removed all the third party drivers using PowerShell using:
Mount Image
Mount-WindowsImage  -ImagePath
E:\sources\Install.wim -Index 1 -Path C:\mount
Get Third Party Drivers
Get-WindowsDrivers -Path c:\Mount2 |
Remove-WindowsDriver
Install Storage Drivers
Add-WindowsDriver -Path C:\Mount2 -Driver
c:\Drivers\win\IRST\X64 -Recurse
Unmount Image
Dismount-WindowsImage  -Path c:\mount2
-Save
When I booted
from the UFD and started the install it stopped at the stage where it trying to
copy the files to the Hard Drive since no devices were found for the destination I even browse the drivers on the Hard Drive (strange) and load it manually and it does not show me the SSD drive where I can install Windows 7. I would have thought that it
would copy the installation files to the SSD since I can browse to the existing install.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afd2de9f-5cda-42eb-acc2-eeb195faf113/installing-a-windows-7-64-bit-image-on-a-lenovo-x260?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 54.18%

Whenever I try to install Windows 7 on lenovo g50 30, bsod occurs. Windows 8.1 is pre installed on my laptop.

Pls help me. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383587-bsod-error-while-installing-windows-7-lenovo-g50-30-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

i installed windows 8.1 using pendrive after shuting down that laptop is not starting. During boot it is not showing anything.Nothing is happening even after i press f2 or f10 or f12.my laptop is lenovo g570 please help me.

A:lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

There is a separate Windows 8 forum. Since this is a Windows 8 issue, best to post there.

Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/339381-lenovo-g570-not-booting-after-installing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

i installed windows 8.1 using pendrive after shuting down that laptop is not starting. During boot it is not showing anything.Nothing is happening even after i press f2 or f10 or f12.my laptop is lenovo g570 please help me.

A:lenovo g570 not booting after installing windows 8.1

Hello sagarap and welcome to the forum! How did you create the pendrive, from an ISO and where from? Any errors during installation? What OS was on it before? After install did you make sure the BIOS was set to boot from the hard drive?

Some more info would help.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50807-lenovo-g570-not-booting-after-installing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello all,

I have a problem installing windows 7 on my new windows 10 laptop. I find it very weird how I change settings in the BIOS to support all legacy stuff like windows 7 and I try to boot from USB all the way to dvd and nothing works. What I mean is when it is done booting, it says " No drivers were found" and there's not a hard drive for me to choose windows 7. It's weird though because there are windows 7 drivers on the official support page, yet I can't install it?

I just need to see a hard drive listed but nothing pops up, and yes I've formatted it already using diskpart.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393580-lenovo-flex-3-laptop-1580-installing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I noticed that new drivers were released for G580. The drivers (Lenovo Enegry Management Driver) canot install because when the installer starts up, it immediatelly closes. Do I have an issue somewhere? Windows 10 (1511, Build 10568.17)Lenovo G580 (20157)

A:Lenovo G580 Windows 10 ACPI Driver not installing?

hi acemod13,

I looked at the Lenovo Energy Management driver for Windows 10 and upon observing the installer behavior, it extract the ACPI driver files (58KB) to C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ACPIDriver (this may explain why the installer closes right after extracting).

If you're seing an Unknown Device in the Device Manager with an ACPI hardware ID (see image below) then try to update the driver manually and point it to the C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ACPIDriver folder
 - Sample image

If you're unable to see the driver files, I've uploaded them here.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G580-Windows-10-ACPI-Driver-not-installing/td-p/2220542
Relevancy 53.32%

Dear Team, I am helping a friend with Lenovo laptop G710. He had purchased it with preinstalled Windows 8.1 which was upgraded to Windows 10.Everthying seems to work except the USB 3.0 port. Every time he connects any device (external hard disk, WiFi antenna), the device works properly for a moment and after that starts disconnecting and reconnecting constantly.He tried to install the available drivers for his model from your website but it did not work. He also scanned his laptop with your software for driver updates and there was a message that the sytem is up-to date.By the way, for test purposes he installed Ubuntu and the USB port was working.Could you please assist with this issue? Do you recommend the use of any other driver for any other model?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G710-USB-3-0-issues-on-Windows-10/td-p/3322922
Relevancy 52.89%

I will be clear and to the point:"The Battery gauge is messed up. It never shows how much it ACTUALLY is. Like right now its stuck on 99% when I know it should be less (Since i've been using it alot on battery)" These are the things I did:1. Reinstalled Windows 10.2. Disabled Lenovo ACPI Controller and Uninstalled Microsoft ACPI Battery Drivers.3. NEVER used Lenovo Battery Manager. Please tell me a possible fix other than Downgrading back to Windows 8.1.Thanks

A:Severe Battery Issues in Windows 10 (Lenovo Y40-70...

UPDATE:Managed to install Windows 8.1. Battery issues EXACTLY the same here again.So I'm guessing the Battery's done for.Can anyone pinpoint as to what might exactly be the issue? Battery or the Charger?Cannot send back to Lenovo because I bought the laptop from US and using in Pakistan.Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Severe-Battery-Issues-in-Windows-10-Lenovo-Y40-70/td-p/2177324
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi all Apologies if I've missed this elsewhere - new to the forums so still learning playback issues - 10 Windows Lenovo & X230 to navigate As background nbsp machine type listed below Lenovo X230 - Windows 10 & playback issues X Laptop ThinkPad - Machine Type Model BA As I see it I'm having two separate issues here Lenovo X230 - Windows 10 & playback issues but they may well be linked nbsp Recent Windows updates are making the taskbar fully ineffective - I note this is fairly common and have tried the powershell route to check updates to no avail curious to know what the advice here generally is if X is no good with Windows or is there something specific I should be doing to rectify this This weekend my laptop has developed a habit whereby the sound and video playback stops working suddenly On boot-up it's fine but after a while I can't listen to music or watch videos at all Bit alarmed about this but suspect it may be linked to the thunderstorm on Thursday based in London given I woke up to realise the powerboard on my TV had also gone nbsp My laptop is within warranty so hopefully if it's hardware related I would hope this is covered - in truth I was reassured about the Lenovo warranty but have never had cause to use it at home or work over the last years of using Lenovos Any help or guidance would be massively appreciated Kind regards Bal

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Lenovo-X230-Windows-10-amp-playback-issues/td-p/3357696
Relevancy 52.89%

My mouse has been acting up for a few days with 2-finger scrolling. As of today it does not work and I recently checked to notice that the Synaptic Driver is not installed. There is also no tab for mice in my device manager. After downloading the driver from the Synaptic website and from the Lenovo product site, I ran the .exe file and went through the installation wizard, at the end of the installation I was told that the Synaptic Driver "Install failed". I have googled many things and have had no luck. ??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Mouse-Driver-Issues-Windows-8-1/td-p/3388279
Relevancy 52.46%

On July th I did an upgrade from to Windows and as expected (Lenovo issues Latency Wifi 10 Windows Y50) 7260AC it came with it's minor problems So here is a Wifi issues 7260AC Windows 10 Latency (Lenovo Y50) desperate plead to the Lenovo community in hopes to find some answers about insanely high Wifi issues 7260AC Windows 10 Latency (Lenovo Y50) latency regarding Intel's Dual Band AC wireless adapter for the Lenovo Y FHD gaming notebook When on this piece of hardware caused me a lot of trouble Frequently dropping connections from my home network and completely refusing to connect to my University network unexpectedly after two or three months of it working just fine I had gone through about - various drivers before finding one which never gave me any issue what so ever nbsp After the upgrade to Windows the latest drivers were installed automatically as part of the update and as a result I've been getting INSANELY high ping in games like CS GO On it would be around - ms and now after the upgrade to Win it sits over - ms making the game literally unplayable Rubber banding when it drops below and when its above the latency is so high my character cant even move So here is what i've done to troubleshoot Tried other servers Still ridiculous ping Installed the latest supported Win driver for the adapter from Lenovo's website Same issue Tried other games to confirm its not just CS GO Both CSS and CS had the same high ping spike issues Restarted and reset my home router No difference Confirmed its not my ISP other PC's in the household running XP and are both perfectly fine Attempted to let windows update get what they believe is the latest working driver Add ScanWhenAssociated DWORD reg with Hex value of to the registry a solution that worked in previous versions of windows for this adapter Surprise surprise no goAnd finally to ensure its the network adapter in my laptop I plugged in a cheap Belkin N wifi usb-dongle CS GO works perfectly fine back to ms constantly No spikes No rubber banding So any ideas why my internal card is experiencing this issue I see no documentation online regarding this specific issue with this specific card on this specific operating system Just some vague messages regarding higher ping after Windows upgrade Im now certain its my internal wireless that is bugging out maybe because of interference My router is a Ghz standard so even though the card supports the Ghz frequency which I assume would be less crowded here in Toronto- There is no way I can test that with this card Any help would be much appriciated because as it stands im forced to use my external USB dongle until I can find a working solution As a side note when surfing the web streaming YouTube downloading files etc The card is performing as it did on Win In other words smooth fast responsive and no visible drops During a skype call i had frequent drops occouring once every - mins This leads me to believe there is heavy packet loss going on The current driver installed for the hardware is Intel's latest - - Please keep an open mind as I could be completely wrong about it being the AC card It is just my suspicion since it has given me trouble in the past and Intel has released some really shotty drivers in the hardware's life span The only reason I can almost confirm this is the fact that I have not experienced this high ping issue with the external wifi adapter I've posted on reddit intel forums and now Lenovo as its is now almost a week since the Windows upgrade launched and despite both Lenovo and Intel having Windows banners on their home page they are failing to provide the consumer with hardware that can perfrom properly thus forcing me to purchase a RD party external adapter as a temporary fix rendering internal wireless in the laptop uesless I should have known my struggles with this adapter in would carry over to Win but I turned a blind eye and am now being punished for it Any information on the topic would be much appreciated Solved Go... Read more

A:Wifi issues 7260AC Windows 10 Latency (Lenovo Y50)

the same problem here

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Wifi-issues-7260AC-Windows-10-Latency-Lenovo-Y50/td-p/2136292
Relevancy 52.46%

Did you buy this Laptop new? If so what OS did it have pre installed?

A:Lenovo y500 windows 7 issues with notification bar and touchpad

Hi there .... Did you download the Drivers from the Lenovo site ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/293560-lenovo-y500-windows-7-issues-notification-bar-touchpad.html
Relevancy 52.46%

The recent Windows Anniversary Update has produced several major issues with my 2 year old B750 AIO.  First the audio became very scratchy.  That was fixed by going to the RealTek site and getting drivers for this update.  Issues remaining seem to involve things on my task bar:  There is a message symbol showing, but it will not open to see what it is.  At the speaker volume symbol, I can't raise or lower the volume.  Cortana will not respond to voice or typing in the box on the task bar.  I also tried to open the Lenovo support screen, but it will not open.  There could be many other items not working, that I have not discovered yet. How should I go about getting these things working again? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Windows-Anniversary-Update-Issues-with-Lenovo-B750/td-p/3445858
Relevancy 52.46%

Hiya I'm Plushieluver so I'm new here I've just joined to ask a few questions about some pressing matters with regards to my new laptop and major issues with Windows on there and such I had this laptop for Christmas so only days ago which is a Lenovo laptop I've been told its a Laptop, Filled Loads of with Issues 8: Lenovo, New Windows very good make so I'm sure it isn't to do with that which has Windows on I have Windows Well ever since day one I have been experiencing many faults with it It's extremely slow and it's really buggy Chrome takes ages New Laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8: Filled with Loads of Issues to search for anything and other issues New Laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8: Filled with Loads of Issues with that My internet drops out whenever it feels like it the Connected sign then turns to Limited Skype's extremely buggy My laptop's really slow in general and it'll lag whenever it wants to As it's a new laptop I am certain New Laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8: Filled with Loads of Issues there are no viruses on it those would have been spotted by my antivirus so I'm quite sure it's a fault with Windows settings maybe it hasn't been installed correctly or something Just it has many issues Not to mention this headache-starting hissing sound that plays whenever any form of sound comes through whether it be a Skype message a YouTube video system sounds I still hear it I've checked if it's my earphones It isn't I checked by using them on my old laptop my iPhone and by trying a new pair Nothing worked so I'm assuming something's going on with the sound or something So could I please have some help advice This is really annoying me It's a brand new laptop with a shiny new operating system which should be working absolutely fine Why isn't it Thanks for your time

A:New Laptop, Lenovo, Windows 8: Filled with Loads of Issues

hello and welcome to eightforums ,lets start with filling in the specs of the laptop ,as much detail as you can ,even antivirus used and browser install ,thanks ,check link for instructions .
System Spec - Fill In Your EightForums System Spec

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59186-new-laptop-lenovo-windows-8-filled-loads-issues.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Lenovo Ideapad z Win nbsp I updated the bios with the private update I know now that I should have used the public update nbsp Then it showed this menu http i imgur com kZaO tf jpg nbsp Whenever I selected HDD the screen would go black for a couple of seconds and return to this menu nbsp I fixed it by going into BIOS and changing bootmode from UEFI to Legacy it booted but now everything is slow It takes mins to boot up and a further minutes to reach usable speeds I only have startup programs I tried changing it back to UEFI and it gives me the same Lenovo issues (windows Bios z580 10... & boot Ideapad problem as shown in the picture nbsp I tried installing the public update but it says that I cannot update as the current bios version is the same or newer nbsp I went into BIOS and enabled Lenovo Ideapad z580 Bios & boot issues (windows 10... BIOS back flash and now when I try to start the public update it just crashes nbsp I also cannot access the start menu this problem may be seperate and unrelated nbsp I have backed up files and am prepared to do a clean reinstall of Win but I feel this won't work as it's a BIOS issue nbsp The computer is unusably slow what should I do nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Ideapad-z580-Bios-amp-boot-issues-windows-10-64-bit/td-p/3305658
Relevancy 51.6%

Lenovo Ideapad z Win nbsp I updated Bios boot (windows z580 Ideapad 10... Lenovo & issues the bios with the private update I know now that I should have used the public update nbsp Then it showed this menu http i imgur com kZaO tf jpg nbsp Whenever I selected HDD the screen would go black for a couple of seconds and return to this menu nbsp I fixed it by going into BIOS and changing bootmode from UEFI to Legacy it booted but now everything is slow It takes mins to boot up Lenovo Ideapad z580 Bios & boot issues (windows 10... and a further minutes to reach usable speeds I only have startup programs I tried changing it back to UEFI and it gives me the same problem as shown in the picture nbsp I tried installing the public update but it says that I cannot update as the current bios version is the same or newer nbsp I went into BIOS and enabled BIOS back flash and now when I try to start the public update it just crashes nbsp I also cannot access the start menu this problem may be seperate and unrelated nbsp I have backed up files and am prepared to do a clean reinstall of Win but I feel this won't work as it's a BIOS issue nbsp The computer is unusably slow what should I do nbsp Thanks

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-z580-Bios-amp-boot-issues-windows-10-64-bit/td-p/3305847
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a built computer with one hard drive that seems pretty much done for with an extra internal hard drive that s never been touched Instead of trying to repair the other one I m now trying to install Windows on the other internal hard drive It s fine until it asks me to select a driver Then I run into this error message quot No signed device drivers were found Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers and then click OK quot I looked it up and some other forum responses were to hook the HDD Windows 7... Issues installing up to another computer that already has Windows installed then format it from there The problem is that my laptop which already has Windows isn t recognizing the disk at all either I left the internal hard drive in the desktop with the power Issues installing Windows 7... supply hooked up and the desktop turned on and used a SATA eSATA cable to hook it up to the Issues installing Windows 7... laptop I m at my wit s end My tech support who built Issues installing Windows 7... the computer in the first place is my ex-boyfriend He prefers to just take the computer for an unknown amount of time but I d really like to try and avoid that Can you please help Thank you P S - I obviously cannot download and run the recommended program above as I have no operating system gt lt nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Ok to issues Windows Re fix Need installing 7 help. so my computer is having a lot Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues of issues lately I believe it is because of Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues some Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues registry issues that cleaners have caused I cant install many driver gpu drivers some games etc I built this computer its very fast i use it for gaming and school work Now heres what i want to do I have hard drives One is a western digital gb blue drive i bought when i first built the computer I filled up the driver messed everything up some how and bought a western digital tb and reinstalled windows on that What i would like to do is completely start over I want to wipe both drives and install windows on my gb drive and make that strictly for windows And then i want to run all my programs games and other things on my tb drive Is this possible I have my install disk Just want to do things right this time One more thing last time i reinstall was many because my old mother board died and i replaced it and when i did windows wasnt genuine so i called windows hoping they would give me a new product key i have the old one but it didnt work and i couldnt understand the two people i called and talked to any way i can get it registered without buying a new copy just for the cd key

A:Need help. Re installing Windows 7 to fix issues

Wait, slowly now . First of all you need to type properly if you want people to help you... Fix up your grammar. Now, from what I understand, you want to format your computer clean and install Windows 7 on the 320GB HDD right? Are both your HDD's internal? And did you buy Windows 7 from retail?

Slasher

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/189618-need-help-re-installing-windows-7-fix-issues.html
Relevancy 49.45%

So I just built my new computer. All is well until I try to install Windows. When I get the blue screen which installs all of the necessary drivers and whatnot to start the Windows installation it just hangs at the "Setup is starting Windows" message on the bottom of the screen. This is just before where you choose where to install Windows, create partitions and all of that fun stuff.

Any help getting Windows to install would be great, so far I'm stumped.

Relevancy 49.45%

I recently purchased a Linksys router which requires Windows Service Pack 3 for installation. I installed the update on Windows Update and it shows it as sucessful, however I have restarted my computer several times and is still running on SP2 when I check "My Computer - Properties", and the router set-up CD is still saying I need to upgrade to SP3. Why is it not working? I have searchd everywhere on the computer to see if maybe the files need to be Run, but I cannot find them. I am totally at a loss to figure out how to complete the update and continue installing my router. Please help!
Thank you,
llpearson

A:Issues installing Windows SP3

Download the full SP3 install file from here:
Download: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Network Installation Package for IT Professionals and Developers - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Before you start the install, temporarily disable your anti-virus.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issues-installing-windows-sp3-636487.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I wanted to do a reinstall of Windows 7 and so far it's done nothing for me except cause stress and frustration. First it tells me it cannot install to disc because it's GPT, whatever that means... So I'm told to do Shift+F10 and enter these commands:

diskpart
select disk 0
clean
convert GPT

This appeared to work but then I got a different message. It reads "Windows cannot be installed to the disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu."

Not sure what to do from here... It managed to install Ubuntu so the HDD itself is fine. It's just Windows 7.
I'm on an Acer Aspire V531 BTW.

Please help this is my only computer....

A:Various issues with installing Windows 7 installation.

It also appears that the Next button enables now, even though I still get the message. When clicking next it copies the files and then gets stuck on expanding at 0%.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/382173-various-issues-installing-windows-7-installation.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I damaged the original drive on my Toshiba Satellite So I bought a new Toshiba HHD for it Originally when I first mounted the drive I got an Issues 7Pro Windows Installing error saying the drive was not formatted NTFS so it would not install the OS So I put the drive in my other laptop and formatted it yes - NTFS Now I put the freshly formatted drive into the laptop I want it to run on I install the windows and all goes good until I am personalizing the computer section when I noticed it didn t ask me about setting up the network or any other thing except for the time amp zone Once it rebooted I had the OS running but can t Installing Windows 7Pro Issues connect to the router Long story - short I wiped the drive - reformatted - reinstalled windows Same Issue For some reason it will not load a bunch of Installing Windows 7Pro Issues the hardware drivers so it doesn t recognize things like the NIC Anyone have any ideas Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-windows-7pro-issues.1156403/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have crippled a brand new unused Lenovo G580 Laptop trying to install windows 8.

Attempted to install from a USB drive after the install from desktop option failed due to "cannot initialize start menu" error.

Having loaded the USB on the "Where do you want to install windows 8?" menu my HD was listed in 4 partitions: 1= system Drivers (system), 2 = Windows 7 (Primary), 3 = Lenovo (Primary) 4 = Lenovo_Part (reserved)

Installation was not possible on any drive to due error message : "The selected disk has an MBD Partition table. On EFI systems Windows can only be installed to GTP disks"

I then stupidly clicked on format and formatted partition 2 which contained the Windows 7 OS thinking that would let me install 8. However even after that the same error message prevents installation and now i've lost my windows 7 files meaning the laptop no longer runs.

Can anyone give me some sage advice or point to where I might get some?

A:Major Issues Installing Windows 8

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?
Lenovo Support - Home (US)
How to use Lenovo Recovery
Lenovo Support - Home (US)

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/12094-major-issues-installing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Okay here is the issue If any more info is needed to help me out please let me know and I will try to get it for you My Father gets Software for free from his job So he brought iTunes windows issues- 7 installing Windows over and I installed it for him on his laptop since he hated Windows Vista and then I installed it onto my desktop Both computers are running Windows ultimate bit I then iTunes installing issues- windows 7 installed the newest version of itunes on his laptop a few months ago so he could sync music to his phone Then I went to install itunes onto my desktop since I recently bought a ipod touch During installation I get iTunes installing issues- windows 7 this error towards the end I tried getting help from other sites but no one had a clue There was no virus software running in the background or any other software running during install so nothing to interfere with during install So I gave up and ended up installing a older version iTunes installing issues- windows 7 of itunes today I thought I'd give it another shot to update the version of itunes I had with the newest available version I uninstalled the old version and downloaded attempted to install the newest version straight from apples website I then get this same error again When I hit the quot OK quot button the window closes then the status green bars says quot rolling back processes quot and then attempts to install the software again And nothing I went back to try and install an older version of itunes and now when its fully done installing itunes does not want to quot pick up or recognize that I have an ipod plugged in quot Right now my ipod is completely useless cause I cant even get itunes on my computer I'm currently trying to install itunes Version bit

A:iTunes installing issues- windows 7

Welcome to windows 7 support forums,

The issue you are describing is an incomplete install of Itunes using the Windows 7 OS.
Resolution of this issue is as follows:Remove all Apple/quicktime apps/programs and services including apple mobile device
reboot your system, download/install the latest version of Itunes.
Adrian

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/86489-itunes-installing-issues-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello

Recently I have built a new pc a lot of the updates seemed to install in the first attempt. But out of the last 17 updates that I have left they will not install and i get the error codes.

Code 800B0100

Code 80092004

Code 80070570

Something to mention I had the KB3020369 AND KB3045645 amongst the updates im having issues with and those two installed with out any problems (I am no sure if this is relevant but something I did notice)

A:Windows update installing issues

Windows Update Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/368831-windows-update-installing-issues.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a TE2100 and then I set up new OS windows xp professional after finished I open window but display not full missing right side about 1 inc(top left butom OK full) I looking on device have yellow question mark "?" at other device "PCI Device".
How I can do it please tell me. VGA card original about Nvidia Geforce 4 220 (I cant remember)

I have problem to same some body in forum is member name Stockcar44 you can look it on my link:

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=31914&tstart=0

I am sorry about English not good because I am Thailand people

Thank you for every body

A:Several issues after installing Windows XP on TE2100

Man, sorry but thats not acceptable that you ask a question, post an link which contains the answer for your problem and ask what to do.

I can only tell you what is written in the link you?ve posted: Check the BIOS if "Fullscreen" is enabled and update your Videodrivers.

That will solve your problem.

Cheers

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?33096-Several-issues-after-installing-Windows-XP-on-TE2100
Relevancy 48.59%

I got a virus on my computer called PromptDownloader I didn't know how to remove it so I brought it to a guy who said he would re-install Windows and clean out my computer with compressed air He did this and removed of after issues re-installing 7 Windows Experiencing :/ my fans because he said they were Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ not working anymore I picked up the computer and have been using it for a couple Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ days I no longer have a smooth user experience with this computer It is very slow and glitchy the opposite of what I expected Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/ with a fresh install Google Chrome crashes a lot If I leave a Youtube video on the screen even with it paused my browser is almost guaranteed to crash Playing a very non-cpu intensive game Runescape is even problematic And my IP address isn't even the same anymore It looks like I'm on a proxy somehow I'm hoping someone here could provide some insight as to why I'm experiencing these issues Is it possible this guy used some bootlegged re-install disk I'm hoping its that so I can just buy the re-install disk off Amazon and fix these issues Any input is greatly appreciated Your IPv Address Is b ef ed b d Stars to hide full IP

A:Experiencing issues after re-installing Windows 7 :/

Hi Giraffeman, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

What is the make and model of this computer?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607473/experiencing-issues-after-re-installing-windows-7/
Relevancy 48.59%

I can't right click in the start menu. and My outlook express will not look for email when i hit the send and recieve button.
please help.

Thanks.

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi Guys I am not sure if this is the right place for this but here I go I have just built my own home built machine Spec at end of post and I am having some problems installing windows I have tested this system with my old gb IDE drive and I Sata Issues 7 windows HDD with installing can boot into the ubuntu partiton so the rest of the system is ok When I try to install windows it gets to quot where would you like to install windows quot and there are no Issues installing windows 7 with Sata HDD drives available I have checked all of the cables are plugged in sata and power and tried serveral SATA ports on the mother board but still no luck The drive has also been formatted There are serveral settings in the BIOS for quot PCH sata control quot IDE AHCI RAID XHD and I have tried them all when I set this as IDE the hardrive Issues installing windows 7 with Sata HDD is visible in the BIOS where as either of the other two settings it is not In all of these cases the drive is not recognised when I get into the windows install The M B guise suggested the AHCI mode I have also Tried using the M B disk to install SATA drivers once I get to the windows install page also no joy I have checked the specs on the website I bought these from and they are both Serial ATA- compatible and the HDD is Windows compatible I am somewhat out of idea s here The only thing i can still see is that there appear to be two jumper pins on the back of the HDD but the HDD was OEM and had no manual and i cannot find any description of what they do if anything If someone has any idea why this isn t working I would greatly appreciate the help Cheers Possum Samsung SH-S C x Internal DVD R RW SATA Drive - Black Intel Core i GHz Lynnfield Socket LGA Processor - Retail Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler EVGA GeForce GTX MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card with HAWX PC-Game Xigmatek Midgard Pure Black Edition Gaming Case Microsoft Windows Home Premium -Bit - OEM Gigabyte GA-P A-UD Intel P A Socket DDR PCI-Express Motherboard Hitachi HDS CLA TB quot SATA II Hard Drive Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz Dual Channel Kit CMX GX M A C OCZ ModXStream Pro W Modular Silent SLI Crossfire Ready ATX Power Supply nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys I installed Windows onto one of my computers the one that connects directly to fios a couple weeks back and since then I have been having network issues All of the other computers on the network run XP including the one that has my printer connected to it Since I upgraded the one computer to all of the other computers have been unable to print aside from the one that 7 Windows one installing on issues after Networking computer is actually connected to the Networking issues after installing Windows 7 on one computer printer of course All computers are on the same workgroup MSHOME After I installed on the one computer it defaulted the workgroup to HOMEGROUP so I had to change it back to MSHOME and got rid of the homegroup the new Windows feature On the computer that is running Windows if I look at the network it sees no other computers but if I go on one of the XP computers the one that is attached to the printer I can see the Windows PC as well as the other XP ones On one of the other XP computers I cannot see the other XP computers but it allows me to add a network place so I can see a shared folder on the Windows PC It however does not allow me to add a network place that is located on any of the other XP computers I m very confused about all of this and I have no idea what might have happened and I need to get these computers networked with the printer once again After I realized that none of the computers were able to print I went into system options right clicked on the network printer and clicked properties and I got the quot Print spooler service not running quot message but it is running I added a new printer and updated my drivers and tried to add a printer on each computer on the network and tried to select a shared printer by name but they all say quot Cannot connect to printer Check the printer name quot etc I have no idea what to do at this point so if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it Thanks nbsp

A:Networking issues after installing Windows 7 on one computer

Shut down all computers. Boot the "host" (the one with the printer directly connected) and one other XP PC. See if you can get connected and print to the remote computer. If successful, boot one PC at a time and see if you can get working again. If unsuccessful with just the two PCs please show for each of them ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following commands:

nbtstat -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-issues-after-installing-windows-7-on-one-computer.861512/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I'll try to be succinct as possible System Information 200 Installing R7 Dell 7 580 Issues Radeon SP1 AMD Windows in http s postimg org mooss pg System Information Indepth jpg http s postimg org c n rkmr Page Graphics Information jpg I was having some issues with my Dell i tower Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1 http www sevenforums com pc-custom-builds-overclocking -help-advice-sought-overhauling-noisy-dell-inspiron- -mt html amp thanks to the advice I stuck my finger in the fan of the graphics card and lo and behold the noise ceased So I enquired http www sevenforums com graphic-cards -gpu-advice-replacing-ati-radeon-hd- -dell- c kjt-mainboard html amp posted here and elsewhere received advice Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1 and consequently I bought PSU http www bequiet com en powersupply http www ebuyer com -be-quiet-straight-power- w-fully-wired- -gold-power-supply-bn amp GPU http www ebuyer com -sapphire-r - - gb-ddr -vga-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card- - - g So having successfully fitted the PSU amp GPU I couldn't believe my luck things were going so well what transpired is on powering up for the first time everything was big and bland as I guessed might be expected So I ran the installation disc The install performs and completes with errors yet when I again rebooted I got what I had before everything sized and adjusted correctly through a AV receiver in windows Nero on my inch LED TV - correct desktop etc Notification on install Application Install install package failure The errors made me concerned things weren t as they should be so I opened the Catalyst Control Centre and all that is available provided is basic information within two tabs Graphic Software and Graphics Hardware There aren t any options to configure resolution or what have you Then I discovered the installation disc had replaced my IE with IE which annoyed me no end The damnedest thing is IE will not allow me to import my favourites it states Invalid File Path Utterly useless and infuriately having tried all manner of workarounds As yet I haven t uninstalled IE and re-installed IE because I am unsure whether this might be detrimental to the graphics configuration at present Na ve maybe but why would running the installation disc change the IE on my system So I went to the AMD website downloaded and installed what I presumed would be the complete and up-to-date driver software suite and again I received errors No appreciable changes but for a rather useless piece of software called AMD Gaming Evolved which doesn t seem to have any function what-so-ever Haven t uninstalled yet but want to Again - Notification on install Application Install install package failure Thereafter I did a Windows Update windows SP which normally I would never do having found on each past occasion having done so causes more problems than any appreciable benefit After I re-ran the installation disc and here linked below is the final error report http s postimg org gkulf e n AMD Catalyst log Installation Failure jpg http s postimg org qmhhmt cf AMD Catalyst log Installation Failure jpg The tower case is a little small so after installing the PSU with its thick cables the space has become restricted and through Speccy I am seeing some fluctuations in temperature from the Low s to the low s for the CPU Please see as above http www sevenforums com pc-custom-builds-overclocking -help-advice-sought-overhauling-noisy-dell-inspiron- -mt html Should I be concerned and if so what do you recommend I should do Another thing is Speccy isn t showing any temperature reading for the AMD Radeon R is this normal a good thing or not I would be extremely grateful for any advice and guidance to resolve the issues above to thereby know everything is as it should be and profit from the complete capabilities and facets of the installed graphics card Many thanks in advance

A:Issues Installing AMD Radeon R7 200 in Dell 580 Windows 7 SP1

I forgot to link the AMD Driver/Software Suite online I installed:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/downloa...Windows+7+-+64

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/345920-issues-installing-amd-radeon-r7-200-dell-580-windows-7-sp1.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have 2 windows updates that haven't installed for about a month now..

-Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2656351)
-Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4 on XP, Server 2003, Vista, Windows 7, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB2600217)

I don't have a clue why but everything installs fine.. I install them, restart my computer and everything does its thing while that's happening and they just pop up again when I do a search for updates after computer has restarted.

A:2 Windows Updates not installing, .NET Framework 4 Issues

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/275672-2-windows-updates-not-installing-net-framework-4-issues.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi!
I bought a Compaq Laptop in 2005 in India. I received an "Operating System CD" (That's what it says!) with XP Home SP2. The key was on a sticker below my laptop.
I recently changed over to a Mac and want to install XP on it (Sorry!). Can I do that legally without any hassles? Also, I have moved to the US now, so does that matter? (Are licenses for particular areas only?)
Thanks a ton!

A:Installing Windows from a CD which came with one computer on another: Legal Issues

If the software is legit (easily checked by the COA you have stuck to the machine) then to install it to another machine would be okay provided that you remove it from the laptop (can only be installed on 1 machine). There are a couple of problems you may come across. If the laptop has a version of XP that's been volume licensed by Compaq then it won't install on the other machine. If it's the full (or OEM) version then it should be okay. You would likely have to ring MS to activate it and explain to them that it has been moved from one machine to another. They are pretty helpful with this type of problem and as long as you are genuine in your approach then there shouldn't be any major problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-windows-from-a-cd-which-came-with-one-computer-on-another-legal-issues-302858.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've just purchased a laptop (without a cd-drive) and wanted to install Office.

As a student I have free access to Office 2007 (Microsoft Office Suite 2007 Service Pack 1 32-bit (English) - MSDNAA).

I'm currently using Office Starter 2010.

Now when I download the iso file, using winRAR I am able to extract the files but when I try to install I get the following:

This is then followed by the message: "There are no products affected by this package installed on this system".

I've looked online for a starter version of Office 07 (or something like that) to no avail. I've also attempted to "burn" the iso to a usb stick and install it that way but again with no success.

I'd be grateful for some help as I have no idea of where to go from here.

A:Issues installing Office 2007 (Windows 7)

Welcome to the forum,

What you are trying to install is just the service pack, that's why you are getting that message.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/203528-issues-installing-office-2007-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am trying to get my laptop ready to Issues Service 1 Windows Installing Pack 7 install Windows I'm currently running Windows I understand I need to at least install Service Pack before I can install Windows Every time I try and download Windows Service Pack I get the following error code I ran the System Update Readiness Tool but it doesn't correct the problem Below is my CheckSUR log How can I correct these issues so I can download the Service Pack and reserve Windows Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll x microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none f e fe f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll x microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none b Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1 cb c e e f CSI Payload File Missing x CPFilters dll amd microsoft-windows-cpfilters bf ad e none c b df c Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Payload File Missing Total count

A:Issues Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

Please also post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378628-issues-installing-windows-7-service-pack-1-a.html
Relevancy 48.16%

(After doing much research) I have an older PC with XP SP3 that I want to upgrade to windows 7. First I want to clone the hard drive to an external drive then install the 7 on the computer (yes I have enough free space on the hard drive). From what I have read I will lose my documents and other files and programs I have installed. What I am worried about is the drivers. Are they left alone? Replaced? If 7 does not have an appropriate driver (like to the FAX modem) will the old one be retained? If not will my PC recognize any driverless hardware and try to find drivers via "plug and Play"? Can I import the missing driver from the clone? Thanks.

Relevancy 48.16%

I have a problem im using sp1 at the moment and for some reason when im using the internet viewing my documents when i scroll down on pages it goes in slow motion. When i try and move pages around with the mouse everything is slow and its incredibly irritating. Now is this to do with the fact that i havent got sp2 everything else seems to run smoothly playing games downloading things ect. I tryed downloading sp2 but my computer wouldnt start up properly i have had so many problems with this pc you wouldnt believe ps it has nothing to do with malware or spyware i have Adaware Norton ect. Im currently having to use a house fan to keep it from overheating

A:Issues When Re installing Windows XP Home Edition

welcome

Quote:

Im currently having to use a house fan to keep it from overheating

we need your specs, take the side off, if it isnt already off for the fan.
what does the power supply say? is the case clean?

you might need a re-apply of artic five on your cpu.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...structions.htm

post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/issues-when-re-installing-windows-xp-home-edition-104210.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I purchased a new hard drive recently to replace an older one that seemed to have stopped working I had lost access to the windows disc that originally came with my computer due to a move I was not able to participate in packing my own things due to being in the hospital so I purchased hard on 10 Windows new Issues installing drive a usb flash drive Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive to create a bootable usb to install windows on the hard drive I have gone through the process several times and each time the computer restarts Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive I am taken back to the initial installation screen and am forced to go through the process again This is the first time I've actually replaced Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive a hard drive so I'm not sure how to proceed or fix the problem I've redone the process of putting the windows installer on the usb several times using both the windows media creation tool and rufus using a windows iso I've double checked to make sure nothing within the computer case was disconnected or loose I'm not sure how to proceed at this point

A:Issues installing Windows 10 on new hard drive

Just as the computer reboots the first time during install, pull the flash drive out.

The problem is that your bios is set to boot from USB flash drive permanently as the first device. Bios needs to be set to boot from the hard drive first as priority - and then you manually tell it to boot from the flash drive when you want it to. The workaround to changing your bios settings is to pull the flash drive out just as the computer reboots the first time when installing Windows 10.

If you happen to miss it - when the computer reboots into the first install screen again, just remove the flash drive and restart the computer.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/43194-issues-installing-windows-10-new-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I just installed Windows and it works but the installation was very difficult I'm hoping someone can help me understand what happened so that future installations go more smoothly I was running Windows on a custom desktop PC with an Intel motherboard years old I downloaded Windows and burned the installation W DVD I rebooted to the installation Explain? Windows Issues 8.1 Someone - Can UEFI Installing DVD My PC has hard drives are blank the other partially occupied by a W installation I installed W onto the remaining space on the third drive The installation seemed to work W booted from the hard drive after rebooting from the DVD However UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain? after I removed the DVD and rebooted the PC it booted to W no choices no bootloader etc If I reinserted the installation DVD and booted the DVD it would boot W from the hard drive Weird Question why would W UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain? boot when the W installation DVD is not inserted where W would boot from the hard drive after booting from the DVD Next I found no solution W would not let me burn a recovery DVD The installation DVD presented no options for recovery repair etc upon boot it would just boot W from the hard drive So thinking that MBR was clearly set to boot W I decided to wipe the drive by installing Linux I then inserted the W installation DVD hoping to install W over Linux but got the message quot A resource is missing quot I spent an hour on the phone with Microsoft no solution Later I happen to notice the quot UEFI Mode quot setting in the BIOS activated it and then everything went fine the installation DVD booted happily and installed W onto the drive W now boots normally without the DVD All is well Question why did setting quot UEFI Mode quot in my BIOS make everything work My somewhat uneducated guess when the installation DVD is booted it looks for EFI partitions If it finds one it will at least in some scenarios boot from it even if the BIOS is not in UEFI mode That's why W booted from the hard drive after booting from the installation DVD Without the DVD if you boot in non-UEFI mode it boots from the MBR which still had my W setup The W installation did not reconfigure the MBR for some reason why not That's why it booted W in before I enabled UEFI mode In UEFI mode the installation DVD configures the EFI partition and the BIOS properly and the disk must always booted in UEFI mode If all this is correct I guess my final somewhat rhetorical questions are why doesn't the Windows installation program inform the user about UEFI settings and why didn't tech support say anything about UEFI Thanks in advance for helping me understand this

A:UEFI Issues Installing Windows 8.1 - Can Someone Explain?

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/41720-uefi-issues-installing-windows-8-1-can-someone-explain.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Installing after [SOLVED] Issues two 7 new Windows computers. on I'm having a load of trouble and I need some help Let me explain the problem Alright I have two computers An Alienware Mx Laptop and an HP Pavilion Desktop I decided I wanted to wipe them clean and start new So I got my USB that I received from Dell that has Windows loaded on it Popped it in the desktop and Installed a new Windows on it I went into quot Computer quot and deleted quot Windows old quot which contains all files present before the installation Then I did [SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers. the same exact thing to my Alienware Laptop except instead of using the USB I use the recovery disc that came with the computer Then I [SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers. deleted quot Windows old quot on that one too Everything was fine besides that my Desktop now thinks its an Alienware computer The USB was Windows Alienware or something I dont know if thats important The problems i did realise were that neither computer could connect to the internet The desktop could with an ethernet cord but the laptop couldnt at all wireless or not I also noticed that on both machines there was absolutely NOTHING in Programs in the Control Panel If I were to uninstall a program theres nothing there Usually I connect my Laptop to a larger display using an hdmi cord now it wont work My Alienware no longer has AlienFusion AlienRespawn and all the other Alienware programs that I believe are quite important What can i do Update I just realized there are many items in quot Device Manager quot that have a yellow warning sign Under Sound video and game controllers it shows duplicates of quot High Definition Audio Device quot and one of them has a yellow warning sign under its properties it says quot The device cannot start Code quot Under Display Adapters it shows duplicates of quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot and It is also saying quot The device cannot start Code quot And lastly under Other Devices everything a few duplicates is having the yellow sign and it says quot The drivers for this device are not installed Code To find a driver for this device click update driver quot There are two quot unknown devices quot that say this as well Thanks for taking the time to read I greatly appreciate your help

A:[SOLVED] Issues after Installing new Windows 7 on two computers.

You cannot use an usb that had windows 7 loaded on it to install on the hp. it will be preactivated and have the dell logo, it will be an oem addition of windows and it won’t match your hardware on your hp, your wireless will not work until you download all your correct drivers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-issues-after-installing-new-windows-7-on-two-computers-662791.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Last week i try to instal a dual-boot system windows xp on windows installed i couldn't shrink the disk c from manage it said something about defragmentation i Installing issues windows windows 7 on xp dual-boot have disk drives with no partitions the disk c it has with GB free to create a new partition with GB i know that easeus partition will help me because i did do this once but was dual boot windows on a windows xp installed i made one partition with gb from C with easeus partition then i restart my computer and easeus made his proces after a moment - gt restart and then i should put the Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues windows in the dvd-rom but the system was blocked like this http img yfrog com img jpg del tab Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues was not working - gt restart again but this time i push del fast to go to bios but i didn't go to bios it made his usualy components verification everything was ok and then was blocked there I made my decision to go to a friend to format my hard drive instal athe windows on the disk and everything was ok on his pc so to explain i record my problem now my english sucks On my pc it remains the same probl but i could reinstal my windows windows xp and i have this problem on my startup MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service the first half is a delay the last half is when i restart to go to bios

A:Installing dual-boot windows xp on windows 7 issues

Welcome!

I don't really understand your problem, but try pressing F11 during the POST. The manually select your drive from the resulting window.

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/54999-installing-dual-boot-windows-xp-windows-7-issues.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I downloaded Windows 10 Anniversary Edition on my HP Notebook 15 a couple days ago.  This version came as an update, and it was not clear to me until it was complete. This laptop is new for me, purchased in June this year.  Since the update, the sound quality has been poor; very scratchy and white noise in background. Not sure what to do to fix this.  Anyone else?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Sound-issues-after-installing-Windows-10-Anniversary-Edition/td-p/5715696
Relevancy 47.73%

HP pavilion dv notebook Product Number FH UA ABC Intel Core Duo CPUT Upon catching a bug virus I took no chance and formatted everything instead of the system recovery solution F since there was a virus there anyway so I did not want to take any chance Since I did not make any CD DVD from from the previous Windows Vista system that came with the Notebook I went buying a brand new Windows XP Pro DVD But now the Install of XP dv6700 pavilion hp my notebook installing Issues on Windows Windows XP Pro keeps failing with error quot Setup did not find any hard disk drives Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook installed in your computer quot when chosing the option quot To set up Windows XP now press ENTER quot I have no other option to chose other from To repair Windows XP Installation using recovery console Press R quot and to quit setup Press F But no options to boot the install Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook from a nd rd partition Obviously the Hard drive is on a nd rd partition of the hard drive and Windows XP Install can t access it So I loaded a Boot CD ran fdisk from Bart s CDROM Boot Diskbut it fails with error quot AUTOEXEC Booted drive ia sL Setting up Ram disk at drive q Autoexec Aborted quot and it would not launch fdisk I guess it has to do with the fact that the system booting drive is on a nd rd partition I usually have no problem using fdisk or partition magic to merge all partition in one get the partition activated and boot the install from there but on my notebook I seem to not be able to do so Thanks for helping nbsp

A:Issues installing Windows XP on my hp pavilion dv6700 notebook

That's because XP does not have the SATA drivers for the Hard Drive .. so it doesn't see it.
If you know the Driver .. it can be slipsteamed into the XP install CD.
Even if you can do this, you'll probably have trouble finding the other drivers that are missing.

Have you though about getting the recovery DVDs from HP ??
You should have recovered from the recovery partition .. it was safe.

http://paparadit.blogspot.com/2007/06/installing-sata-hard-drive-with-windows.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-installing-windows-xp-on-my-hp-pavilion-dv6700-notebook.928795/
Relevancy 47.73%

I currently have an AL-1540CS printer that's hooked up to the USB port of my PC. I went to the official SHARP Website to search for the drivers of it and I downloaded them. The problem is whenever I try to install the drivers it says:

"The installer has detected an unsupported operating system. This software can only be installed in the following operating systems: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista"

After it shows this message it just closes. I tried using it with compability mode, but it won't work either with any settings. I contacted SHARP, but no answer from them yet.

Any help?

A:Printer drivers not installing on Windows 7 due to compability issues.

This is SHARP's response:

"Thank you for contacting Sharp Electronics Corporation.

Currently, there is no software available for your copier that is compatible with Windows 7. We do have the software CD available for purchase, however, this will only work with Windows XP. We have no timetable on the release of any software at this time."

What the heck? Are you kidding me? I now have an unusable printer. Is there anyway I could fix this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/339827-printer-drivers-not-installing-windows-7-due-compability-issues.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok I don Major issues XP with Windows Pro Solved: computer. on installing new t know if anyone can help me on this one or not it s going to be Solved: Major issues with installing Windows XP Pro on new computer. difficult perhaps considering the limited information I can give I recently put together a new computer for my girlfriend but didn t have the time to stay during the entire Windows installation Apparently while XP was installing my girlfriend had gone out her mother attempted to follow the prompts eek during this she mis-typed the serial key and didn t know what to do according to her the installation froze She couldn t tab to get back and it didn t recognize the mouse She restarted the computer and apparently was able to get windows to install My girlfriend called me later to tell me that quot the screen is all wrong the colors don t look right quot Upon asking her what the problem was she replied quot the screen quot Describe it to me quot it s the monitor quot No what s wrong with it quot THE SCREEN DOESN quot T LOOK RIGHT quot Heh You can see what i m dealing with I had her go into desktop settings to crank the resolution up to at least x and high colors after she hits apply nothing happens I told her to install the drivers for the graphics card She s tried twice each time it goes through the driver installation and tells her to restart Upon restarting it goes to the Windows loading screen and then as best I can tell from what she s telling me the monitor looses signal from the PC Screen goes black monitor light goes from green to orange Computer is still on it doesn t restart She can only get back in via safe mode I m no technical genius but I m not computer illiterate either I built my own rig done some tech work at my old job etc but I m stumped Without being able to actually get over to her place to look at it myself until tomorrow the best I can guess is that either the graphics card a GeForce GT is bad or they FUBAR d the Windows installation I don t necessarily see the card as being bad seeing as when I started the installation everything looked fine if the card was simply bad wouldn t she NOT get any kind of picture As I said I dunno if anyone can give me any advice based off the limited info I can give I m just trying to see if I can find out anything to help her get it working herself If I can t get her up and running before about today when she has to leave for work it should be a moot point as I can go out there myself tomorrow to look at it BTW in case it s necessary here s her components that I picked out and put together for her Pentium D ASUS P NSLI LGA NVIDIA nForce SLI Intel Edition ATX Intel Motherboard EVGA -P -N -TX GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Video Card Hard drive is a GB Western Digital she s got a gig of Corsair RAM etc I figure the only thing that matters in this situation is perhaps the card really but then I don t know for sure obviously Any ideas anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: Major issues with installing Windows XP Pro on new computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-major-issues-with-installing-windows-xp-pro-on-new-computer.577802/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to get my Windows 7 system to install updates, but the Windows Update screen keeps saying "Checking for updates". Basically, its taking it forever to install updates. Also, Internet Explorer does not work right. Internet Explorer keeps freezing up. I am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 for my brother.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

A:Issues installing Windows Updates and using Internet Explorer

I have already ran SFC/ SCANNOW and it found no issues. I reset Windows Update components and that didn't fix the issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398445-issues-installing-windows-updates-using-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Ok so I bought a new pc the other day it was delivered with Win preinstalled bit version its a Packard bell Imedia I've had a play about with it and I hate windows that's why I drive installing with 7 Windows GPT issues Ultimate.. Hard have my windows ultimate at hand ready to go on there I've changed the boot GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate.. priority for dvd drive first and enabled boot mode Once I've got to boot mode the dvd drive never shows up in GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate.. the boot menu just the of TB GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate.. hdds I have in there appears The drive is working as I've tried to run windows install from the desktop though it has failed and I've read a little online to find out its due to the hdd drives being formatted in GPT format I have never come across this before I know a little about pc's but not enough to know how to solve this issue I really want to go back to Win as I got on well with it and I hate windows and I don't have a touch screen monitor to go with it either and nor would I want a touch screen monitor YCH hope someone here can help me i'm at my wits end haha

A:GPT Hard drive issues with installing Windows 7 Ultimate..

Hello DrWolfenstein, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since this is a new PC and formatted as GPT, then you have a UEFI motherboard.

If you have not already, then I would recommend creating a factory recovery USB to be able to restore Windows 8 back to factory conditions on your PC if you should ever want to in the future.Create a Packard Bell Factory Default Backup in Windows 8
Next, double check to make sure that there are Windows 7 drivers available for all devices on the PC. There's no sense in installing Windows 7 if you don't have drivers for the PC.

To install Windows 7 on UEFI, you would first need to create a bootable Windows 7 UEFI USB flash drive using the tutorial below.UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows
Next, the tutorial below will show you how to install Window 7 on UEFI with the UEFI USB.UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/269566-gpt-hard-drive-issues-installing-windows-7-ultimate.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to get my Windows 7 system to install updates, but the Windows Update screen keeps saying "Checking for updates". Basically, its taking it forever to install updates. Also, Internet Explorer does not work right. Internet Explorer keeps freezing up. I am trying to upgrade it to Windows 10 for my brother.

Someone's help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

A:Issues installing Windows Updates and using Internet Explorer

I have already ran SFC/ SCANNOW and it found no issues. I reset Windows Update components and that didn't fix the issue either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398445-issues-installing-windows-updates-using-internet-explorer.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Personally, I hate windows 7. I think its crap and that windows xp is more friendly to me. I know that windows 7 is more stable than windows xp, but I don't care, I just wan't windows xp. So, I put the disk in my computer and I clicked install windows xp, but than this thing popped up.

It syas that windows 7 is incompatible with windows xp. How can I make windows 7 compatible with windows xp so that I can install and use the windows xp OS instead of windows 7?

A:Installing Windows XP on Windows 7 - Incompatibility Issues

You cannot start installation of an older version from desktop of a newer version. You need to boot your PC with XP install media.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/292474-installing-windows-xp-windows-7-incompatibility-issues.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an ASUS ROG RAIDR Express PCIE SSD which I have it in UEFI mode where I was able to install Windows 7 successfully on it with my motherboard BIOS set to UEFI mode and CSM to UFEI as well. But now when I connect my storage HDD's and my 2 Corsair Neutron GTX SSD's which I set up in a RAID0 array in Legacy mode along with my Blu-ray RW optical drive, they're not recognized in Windows at all. How can I get Windows to recognize my drives in UEFI if even possible at all? I've tried switching the CSM back to Legacy to see if that'll work, but my system gets stuck in boot loop after the Intel RAID setup screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/383346-installing-windows-7-uefi-issues-detecting-other-sata-devices.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I recently clean upgraded my Xp to Windows 7. I did a clean sintall and am slowly installing everything from scratch.

When I downloaded AVG free, it wouldn't configure the files, it just stalled.

I went with Avira, who have never failed me in the past and it installed and downloaded files without any hassles, lucky.

Since then I've downloaded the latest patch for my evga gtx 285 and the driver just stall when it says "installing files". I downloaded the 64bit patch.

The same thing has happened when I downloaded iTunes 64bit. The thing just stalls when it looks as though ti's completing installation.

Any ideas? Thanks

HF.

A:Solved: Issues installing programs/drivers with Windows 7 64bit

Anyone of these failed installed my have messed things up, that NOTHING is going to get installed.

Have you tried cleaning up the failed installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-issues-installing-programs-drivers-with-windows-7-64bit.898542/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey
Im trying to install Windows 8.1 on a Lenovo G50-70 but it needs a driver to see the HDD (1TB disk)

Can some one help me to find the driver ??? I?ve been trying find it in Lenovo?s site but without any luck

A:Lenovo G50-70 - Installing W8.1 cannot detect HDD

Try here and choose storage and windows version.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/58943-lenovo-g50-70-installing-w8-1-cannot-detect-hdd.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am running Windows 7 64-bit. I installed the Windows 7 drivers from this site and they didn't work. I even installed the Windows 8 and Windows 10 drivers and they didn't work either.I default the BIOS settings also.I am out of ideas what to do.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-45-Camera-not-working-after-installing-drivers/td-p/3479434
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
In trying to re-install W-7 Pro from a Microsoft install disk, I formatted the System partition and need to provide a driver to the install procedure. I've run into a problem: I downloaded the Western Digital driver to a thumb-drive but when I tell the W-7 installation procedure to find the driver on the thumb drive, and "DriverRestore.exe" from Western Digital appears on the file directory, I select the file, and press "Open", the installation procedure responds with "The specified location doesn't contain any information about your hardware"
But I'm sure that file is for the correct Hard Drive.
What to do?
This is a great Forum,
Thank you

A:IBM Lenovo is giving me fits on re-installing O/S

What OS did it come with?

If Windows 8, it is probably a UEFI/GPT system do you need to install Windows 7 differently.

Start here: Setup was unable to create a new system partition

Edit: Also, please fill out your System Specs.

See here: How to See Your System Specs with "System Info"

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/341902-ibm-lenovo-giving-me-fits-re-installing-o-s.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Everyone,

I have a Lenovo B590 Laptop with FreeDOS preinstalled.

I have Windows 8.1 Professional Full Version on DVD.

With the Firmware configured as follows, will installing Windows automatically format the Hard Disk Drive with a GPT (GUID Partition Table) and remove the FreeDOS which I don't need?

Firmware Configuration (UEFI)
UEFI/Legacy Boot: UEFI Only
CSM: Disabled
Boot Mode: Diagnostics (Deactivates Quick mode)
Secure Boot: Disabled

After I have installed Windows I also want to install Linux Mint 16 so that I can Dual Boot between the 2 Operating Systems.

Should I install any Windows Programs before I install Linux or should I wait until after Linux is installed?

Thank you, Michael.

A:Installing Win 8.1 Pro on Lenovo B590 with FreeDOS

Welcome to EightForums

To clean install:
1) Clean the HD Drive, using Step one in this tutorial:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Help Forums
than
2a) Clean install with the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk.

2b) Clean Install - Windows 8

2c) UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/43654-installing-win-8-1-pro-lenovo-b590-freedos.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I've Lenovo G570 I want to know that I can install Win7 in UEFI on my laptop or not? I didn't see any UEFI option in my BIOS menu, please help me, the specs are:
Lenovo G570,
Intel Core i5-2430M 2.4Ghz
4GB DDR3 SDRAM
Intel HD Graphics 3000

A:Installing WIN7 in UEFI on Lenovo-Help

I can't seem to find a page that gives any indication of what type of bios is has. But it will normally say on the top of the Bios menu page that it is a UEFI bios.

There will also be settings that mention UEFI, and if you use the Boot Device menu, you should see a DVD entry that is plain and one with a UEFI designation.

If you are trying to use a flash drive, it may need to be set up specifically to be able to boot UEFI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/250194-installing-win7-uefi-lenovo-help.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone nbsp Since about five days ago everytime I on Windows stuck Lenovo G505 scr... startup 10 lenovo turn on my laptop it starts normally It goes into the black-background lenovo startup with Lenovo G505 Windows 10 stuck on lenovo startup scr... a white loading symbol Then after maybe rotations of the dots in the loading symbol it freezes It does not progress into starting up At this point I usually turn off my laptop by holding the power button If I don't turn it off myself it turns off automatically a few minutes later nbsp nbsp Every or times I turn on my computer instead of the loading symbol it turns into a Preparing Automatic Repair mode I have seen the loading symbol for this mode but then it disappears and nothing happens and it turns off automatically after ten minutes or so nbsp I've seen the same solution nbsp that help others with the same problem which is to take out the DVD from the laptop I did this and my problem has not changed nbsp nbsp edit g to g

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G505-Windows-10-stuck-on-lenovo-startup-screen/td-p/3361543
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everyone nbsp Since about five days ago everytime I turn on my laptop it starts normally It goes into the black-background lenovo startup with a white loading symbol Then after maybe rotations of the dots in the loading symbol it freezes It does not startup 10 Windows lenovo stuck G505 scr... on Lenovo progress into starting up At this point I usually turn off my laptop by holding the power button If I don't turn it off myself it turns off automatically a few minutes later nbsp nbsp Every or times I turn on my computer Lenovo G505 Windows 10 stuck on lenovo startup scr... instead of the loading symbol it turns into a Preparing Automatic Repair mode I have seen the loading symbol for this mode but then it disappears and nothing happens and it turns off automatically after ten minutes or so Lenovo G505 Windows 10 stuck on lenovo startup scr... nbsp I've seen the same solution nbsp Lenovo G505 Windows 10 stuck on lenovo startup scr... that help others with the same problem which is to take out the DVD from the laptop I did this and my problem has not changed nbsp nbsp edit g to g

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G500-Windows-10-stuck-on-lenovo-startup-screen/td-p/3361543
Relevancy 44.72%

Good Day All nbsp So i received a Lenovo T laptop from my monthers work seeing as they sell all their old units when they have no use for it anymore nbsp I received the laptop installed with Windows XP seeing as all there programs they developed was based on Windows XP T61 - issues Usb Lenovo nbsp Now my biggest issue was i never tested if the usb ports worked when Windows Lenovo T61 - Usb issues XP was installed but never the lest i intalled Windows From a USB drive Everything worked on the laptop but not the USB ports nbsp I intalled every single driver i could find for the laptop and till no working USB ports I then intalled Windows and still nothing nbsp My last option was to go for windows but still it did not work nbsp The usb ports work when booting from them but as soon as i boot into windows they stop nbsp Why would this be Maybe i dont have supporting drivers nbsp Also i must also just say the Laptops battery is dead as can be and maybe thats a reason why ports dont work i really dont know and i have read every page i could find and still i cant solve my problem nbsp Sooooo any help or advice would be great nbsp Regards

A:Lenovo T61 - Usb issues

So you have installed Windows 10 form USB drive, but now USB ports are not working under WIndows 10? That's strange.Did you try to install latest Intel chipset drivers? Do you have any warnings in Device Manager?

T61 (6457-A88), T8100 (undervolted to 0.95V @ full speed), NVS 140m (undervolted to 0.95V), 3GB RAM, 15.4" 1280800 WXGA, HDD Toshiba 400GB, Windows 10 Pro (X64)Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Lenovo-T61-Usb-issues/td-p/2179558
Relevancy 44.72%

I bought yesterday a Lenovo 50-70. Issues: 1. Keyboard tray is pushed inside when you press the keys.2. On the right side of touchpad, the wrist pad where we keep the wrist while typing is getting extremely hot. i am confused if the same is any HW issue. Any expert advice? 

A:Lenovo g50-70 issues

hi faddyie,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

About the heating issue, It may be just normal, just make sure the computer has enough ventilation underneath when you use it.
   Im more concern about the keyboard being pushed it when you press a key.
 I strongly suggest you bring the computer where you bought it and have them look at the issue as this may seem to be a hardware issue.

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g50-70-issues/td-p/1565144
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,  I just bought a freedos lenovo G50-80 a few days ago and installed windows 7 pro on it and i'm already running into several issues with it:  I can't change the level of brightness on it ( it's not on the control panel and using F11 & F12 doesn't work)There is no 'sleep' option only a 'hibernate' option and when I try to reboot it afterwards it freezes and I have to turn it off by removing the battery and/or the cable and then putting them on again and turn the laptop on all over againHDMI doesn't work... like at all, it doesn't even give me the option to connect to a projectorIt never reconizes my headphones when I plug them in and I have to keep trying and retrying a million times before it works Just what is going on with this thing?? Help me please.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:issues with Lenovo G50-80

Hi HC,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

We are really sorry to hear about the issue you are facing.
For brightness issue, I would recommend for you to download and install the latest chipset & energy management driver & check if the issue still persist or not.

For not sleep issue, Can you try turning ON or OFF the Hybrid Sleep
Here's how you'll get to the settings.
When you put the computer to sleep, is the power button blinking?
- Link to picture

If not, this is probably the reason why the machine is not waking up from sleep because it's not asleep in the first place. In this case, reboot the machine, perform a clean boot and observe (this is to isolate any processes running in the background that's possibly interfering with the sleep process).

Other things that you can try:

Check this Recommended Settings for Sleep
Turn off Fast Start-up

For HDMI issue, please check by performing the Flee-Power in the computer then re-install then connect the HDMI and check by pressing Winkey+P select ?Projector Only? option. Below are the steps to check and resolve the issue:

Remove the battery and any other peripheral device connected to the computer.
Hold the power button for 10-15 seconds and then connect only the AC Adapter and try to turn ON the computer.
Open your Lenovo Energy management and turn off the Hard Drive power Saver option.

I would try shining a flashlight into the port to see if all the pins are aligned correctly, there are no broken/loose pieces and that there isn't dust or debris preventing good contact.  I would also take it a step further and use a little canned air on the port to insure that it is clean.  If you need to physically clean inside the port, make sure the battery is removed and the laptop is unplugged.  If the port passes inspection then try a second cable. 

If the problem persist then replacing the port would be the next step. Please contact the authorised Lenovo service center for hardware assistance.

For headphones issue, you just need to reinstall the sound driver and install it one more time. Click here for Audio driver. See if it will make any changes

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,
Shashi Kumar
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/issues-with-Lenovo-G50-80/td-p/2270365
Relevancy 44.72%

I download the :Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface (ACPI) Driver, from the Lenovo website: The link for the driver ( for Lenovo y700-15ISK) :

Click here

I download, give permission to run, then nothing happens; no installation wizard, nothing. This is the only driver I haven't been able to update, and it is the one that is causing me serious problems with audio latency, as Latencymon v 6.50 tells me. I get crackling sound from speakers, but when I disable the ACPI driver, the crackling goes away. The problem is that if I disable the ACPI driver, I am no longer able to see my battery status. So it is important that I update this driver. However, I don't know how it is possible that the driver provided by Lenovo does absolutely nothing at all.

Mod Edit: Corrected the text format so message displayed correctly

A:Lenovo y700 ACPI Driver, not installing

The fix for this is to go to safe mode (on windows 10) : Settings-> Update & Security-> Recovery : press restart now -> After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >Startup Settings > Restart-> After your PC restarts, you'll see a list of options. Select 4 or F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode. then in safe mode go to device manager ->System devices  right click on Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller  -> Uninstall  Double click on the ACPI Driver you downloaded. this should fix the problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y700-ACPI-Driver-not-installing/td-p/3296897
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,I downloaded the AMD auto detect utility to install the drive. It detected the graphic card and downloaded the driver. When ever i try to install the driver the computer freezes until i have to force restart by pressing power button for seconds and when ever it starts after the freeze process in installation,the Computer get freezes in login screen until I have to reboot in safe mode and remove the driver it keeps freezing in login screen every time after freezing in installation process  How to install those drivers 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G510-freezes-during-installing-AMD-Radeon-Driver/td-p/3426932
Relevancy 44.72%

Greetings! I'm going to reformat a new larger HD for my T400 with a new Linux Mint Sarah installation and would like to include Lenovo's ThinkVantage features along with it. Is this possible on a non-Windows HD and what I must I do to go about it? Thanks for any advice! Jim in NYC

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Installing-Lenovo-Blue-Button-Options-with-New-Linux-Mint/td-p/3433575
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello nbsp The Problem Recently I installed Ubuntu LTS nbsp to my HDD in UEFI mode Soon I found out that I could not access the BIOS using F but F allowed selection of boot device Reinstalling Windows I found out that the boot menu still had the Ubuntu entry and I still could not access the BIOS I searched on the web for a solution and before I could manage to find a proper one I managed to delete both the ubuntu and windows boot manager boot entries still locked out of bios This time I could not boot into any OS could not access bios using f nor access boot menu using f nbsp The Solution There BIOS after access Ub... Lenovo cannot installing G580 was one last hope Lenovo G580 cannot access BIOS after installing Ub... during boot I noticed that PXE Boot via ethernet option was still showing Note This solution requires you to update the BIOS This is a very risky procedure so proceed with caution This will also probably void your warranty nbsp If you can access boot menu F and want to regain access to the BIOS F boot into Windows Lenovo G580 cannot access BIOS after installing Ub... Install a bios update for your laptop specifically for your laptop available at The Lenovo Support Site The oldest BIOS probably for Windows is preffered If you donot have access to windows perform Lenovo G580 cannot access BIOS after installing Ub... step and boot into the created ISO by creating a bootable CD or pendrive Then goto step If you can't access F and F cannot boot into OS but can boot via Ethernet there should be a message about trying Atheros Ethernet PXE Boot during startup start from step Perform the following steps on a separate working windows computer with a ethernet LAN port nbsp nbsp For this solution to work you need to download the following The Windows Automated Installation Kit AIK for Windows GB from Microsoft's website Serva from nbsp http www vercot com serva download html The non supporter version will be sufficient BIOS Update bit for your Laptop Available at the Lenovo Support Site BIOS for Windows is preffered Download all the BIOS updates to be sure bootmgr exepxeboot n nbsp Install Windows AIK for Windows In start menu under Microsoft Windows AIK you will find Deployment Tools Command Prompt Run it as administrator Type the commands in order one by one to create a WinPE amd iso copype cmd amd c winpe amd imagex mountrw c winpe amd winpe wim c winpe amd mount imagex unmount c winpe amd mount commit copy c winpe amd winpe wim c winpe amd ISO sources boot wim oscdimg -n -bc winpe amd etfsboot com c winpe amd ISO c winpe amd winpe amd iso nbsp Connect the LAN port of the working computer to the LAN port of the laptop using an ethernet cable Start the Laptop Open Control Panel Network and Internet Network Connections on the working computer go to the properties of the ethernet connection connected to the laptop scroll to the bottom double click Internet Protocol version TCP IPv Click Use the following IP address Set IP address to set subnet mask to Leave the rest empty and click on OK Click on OK to return to network connections double click the ethernet connection connected to the laptop click on details the IPv address should read exit the windows nbsp nbsp Extract Serva to a folder of choice where modification will not need administrator rights I am going to use Desktop serva Replace it with your folder nbsp Create a folder in Desktop serva name it root This will result in Desktop serva root Run the serva exe file nbsp Click on settings at the bottom of the serva window Set the TFTP tab as below nbsp Set the DHCP tab as below nbsp Click OK Restart Serva Close Serva nbsp Under Desktop serva root WIA WDS create a folder WinPE Extract the c winpe amd winpe amd iso directly to WinPE not a subfolder Copy the following to Desktop serva root WIA WDS WinPE Desktop serva root WIA WDS WinPE x SOURCES BOOT WIMDesktop serva root WIA WDS WinPE x BOOT BOOT SDIbootmgr exepxeboot n Goto Desktop serva root pxeserva cfg Open menu def wi... Read more

A:Lenovo G580 cannot access BIOS after installing Ub...

Update: Even in the newest BIOS Update 62cn97ww (for Lenovo G580), Ubuntu causes the same problem. I came across a solution on the internet, that works without having to update the BIOS if Ubuntu can be accessed. To fix it, boot into Ubuntu (should be installed on the system), start Terminal and type in the following commands:sudo grub-install
sudo efibootmgr -b 0 -BReboot and F2 should work. BIOS should be accessible through F12>Tab>Setup also. Ubuntu will boot no more but can probably be fixed.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G580-cannot-access-BIOS-after-installing-Ubuntu-Fix/td-p/2133603
Relevancy 44.72%

I tried to install word on my notebook and now i cant start it anymore. It starts then i get the message:"windows  could not complete  the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart installation. If i click OK my laptop starts  new and message appears again. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-11-won-t-start-after-installing-windows/td-p/3418427
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone, I have being upgrading an old A70 desktop that I had tucked away in a cupboard, and have added Windows 10 (Only 32 bit) and gave it a good tidy up.  However, after going onto Crucial's website and buying 2GB of RAM (Using their 'built-in scanner' and trying to install it, to machine refuses to boot. The module did look quite 'bent' when getting it out of the packaging, though. I have tried the new module in both memory slots, but with no luck. If I put the old RAM back in, the machine will boot up.  So, do I new a replacement RAM module? Or will the BIOS need upgrading? (Or both!)  Many thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Problems-installing-RAM-in-A70-7099-Lenovo-desktop-PC/td-p/3419559
Relevancy 44.72%

I tried to install word on my notebook and now i cant start it anymore. It starts then i get the message:"windows  could not complete  the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart installation. If i click OK my laptop starts  new and message appears again. If i click the X on the right upper corner - same thing.

1472661959383-1003474267.jpg ?1801 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-11-won-t-start-after-installing-windows/td-p/3418426
Relevancy 44.29%

I have recently bought a Lenovo G - but have had Touch pad issues Often on start up the touch pad is unresponsive so I have to turn it off by holding down the power button which does normally rectify the problem but it's new and shouldn't do it nbsp I have tried Lenovo G70-70 Touchpad issues the Lenovo 'One Key Recovery' twice incase one of the window updates of which there were quite a few I assume because this Lenovo G70-70 Touchpad issues was a brand new laptop had corrupted something but each time this issue has returned all be it intermittently yet too Lenovo G70-70 Touchpad issues frequent on what is a two week old laptop I have also run on several occasions the 'Lenovo solution center' and Lenovo 'updates' software two apps that came already installed each time no issue was Lenovo G70-70 Touchpad issues found yet each time this intermittent issue remained As a last resort I have just downloaded and installed the touchpad drivers from the Lenovo website nbsp If this doesn't work it has so far and before I take it back has anybody else had this issue It would be a shame if it is faulty as I am gradually getting to like it I confess the AccuType Keyboard is taking a while to get used to but I dare say that will become more familiar and intuitive in time he nbsp says hoping he that hmy new laptop is actually OK and that I will eventually get used to this very light touch nbsp AccuType keyboard nbsp

A:Lenovo G70-70 Touchpad issues

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Here are a couple of things to try.......

First, try doing a BIOS reset.  This procedure can be useful in resolving hardware problems where there maybe a conflict.  Completely shut down Windows and do this......

1. Unplug the charger / adapter. 2. Remove the battery. 3. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds. 4. Re-install the battery, plug in the charger / adapter if needed and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

Secondly, if the reset didn't work then try uninstalling the touchpad driver, reboot the computer and then install a fresh copy of the touchpad driver. 

Click here for the Windows 7 version

Click here for the Windows 81. version

If the above procedures didn't correct the problem then the problem is mostly likely the touchpad itself and returning it would be a good idea.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G70-70-Touchpad-issues/td-p/2032423
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Guys nbsp I have my Thinkpad P i GB RAM k now since about three weeks Overall I'm very happy with it even with the Display using the calibration profile from notebookcheck But over the time I've noticed a few issues which makes me a little bit worried nbsp Issue nbsp Is this driver related This happens sometimes and its gone in a few seconds or when I and Issues P50 GPU three... (after Performance Lenovo click on it First I made a Photo of the Issue then a Screenshot So this can't than be a problem of the display because you wouldn't see it on a Screenshot This doesn't happen on my external Display Nvidia then Only internal and only sometimes not heavy tasks nbsp nbsp Issue Lenovo P50 GPU and Performance Issues (after three... nbsp Horrible Videoperformance nbsp I had a MBP and mostly when I watched Videos with different Browsers I never had Problems But with the Lenovo with Chrome and Firefox the Videoperformane is a joke In Fullscreen the Video is laggy sometimes asynchronous and other issues nbsp I already forced the Browsers to use H and Hardware Acceleration instead of Googles Videocodec But hey this is a i with GB Ram It is not a laggy Netbook Is that really normal nbsp It gets worser when I connected to my external Display nbsp Its working with Edge nbsp nbsp

A:Lenovo P50 GPU and Performance Issues (after three...

Would you please post link to P50 calibration profile at notebookcheck? Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-P50-GPU-and-Performance-Issues-after-three-weeks-of-usage/td-p/3374860
Relevancy 44.29%

I recently upgraded the RAM from 8gb to 16gb (2x8gb from kingston). To my dismay, Lenovo has proven that I have instead downgraded since my RAM mghz dropped from 1600 to 700, a more than 50% decrease in speed. Since Lenovo has decided I am not tech savvy enough to use the BIOS and has partnered with Insyde to lock us users out of our own product, I am wondering if Lenovo customer/IT support has any idea how to fix this issue. To be clear, the issue is that I am unable to access the BIOS which is what you would normally use to access the hardware in your system. Due to "upgrading" my RAM size, I have inadvertently downgraded my RAM speed. A solution would be nice, since Lenovo believes its clientele to be stupid and locks its clients out of the BIOS.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y40-70-RAM-Upgrade-Issues/td-p/3381946
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently I reset my laptop and I have been having nonstop issues with my USB mouse When I plug the mouse into the port things such as the task bar or the 'X' buttons on browsers fail to register a click and it will do the same for my trackpad until I unplug the mouse ctrl alt del and press cancel I have tested other mice on this laptop and it is the same problem and this mouse works issues mouse Z50-75 USB Lenovo just fine on every other computer I've tried it on I have tried updating drivers reinstalling the OS etc and the problem still persists I opened event viewer and Lenovo Z50-75 USB mouse issues noticed I was getting a critical error each time I plugged the mouse in It reas this nbsp A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices The device System Interface Foundation Device location unknown is offline due to a user-mode driver crash Windows will attempt to restart Lenovo Z50-75 USB mouse issues the device more times nbsp Event DriverFrameworks-UsermodeEvery USB port on my laptop is giving me this problem How do I fix this

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z50-75-USB-mouse-issues/td-p/3479767
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi nbsp I am having some battery issues with my Y laptop which I purchased in late It seems that the battery gauge reads even though the battery is discharging and the power cable is not plugged in I have tried completely draining the laptop and charging it again when charging from it does update the percentage correctly on the Battery Lenovo Y40 Issues battery gauge nbsp However after I close the laptop lid and it goes to sleep if I open it again it reads even though I know its not at Then it just dies after it discharges but I have Lenovo Y40 Battery Issues no idea when to plug it in since I can't trust the gauge Any ideas what could be causing this I had a similar issue in the past and sent it back to Lenovo and they replaced the battery but could it really be the battery nbsp again after only months of usage The battery holds a charge fine it just doesn't update the battery gauge on the taskbar properly it seems nbsp I've gotta say if thats the case I'm quite dissapointed in this laptop nbsp I read a bunch of the other posts online about similar issues but nothing specific to this laptop that has fixed the issue I'm not sure what else to try and if there is something else I can do nbsp Note that I am running Windows instead of which is what the laptop came with initially nbsp Thanks for the help

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y40-Battery-Issues/td-p/3352879
Relevancy 44.29%

I have had my lenovo for about a year and a half but issues arised 1 day after my warranty expired, very convenient. I have just now found out about a forum.  My audio works fine when on a hardtop table, however audio goes away once tilted forward slightly on a pillow or on a softer base below it resulting in the audio from my videos/music being replaced by a clicking noise. Not sure if this is a hardware of software issue.  HELP PLEASE 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y40-Audio-issues/td-p/3423899
Relevancy 44.29%

I got my new Lenovo H - desktop less than two weeks ago but I've run into quite a few problems so far nbsp The first ones were minor -- I got two blue screens of death in the first week of using it but my sister updated some drivers and it hasn't happened again yet It also once suddenly disconnected from the internet for no apparent reason and I checked my other devices and it was an issue with the desktop not our internet itself and troubleshooting didn't help so I had to restart it to get it to work As I said Brand new with H50-55 Lenovo several issues these issues are minor and haven't happened often so I'm not too concerned about them nbsp But today I put it on sleep mode while I went to use my laptop When I came back a couple hours later it had shut itself off I put it on sleep mode every time I stop using it and this has never happened before I tried turning it back on but nothing showed up on the monitor Brand new Lenovo H50-55 with several issues at all and the fan was being extremely loud I've tried turning it off and back on again twice and both issues persist

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Brand-new-Lenovo-H50-55-with-several-issues/td-p/3427674
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,I have an HP m6 that suffered from constant hinges breaking, despite getting them replaced, they break in 1 year max. Normal usage and no going outdoors I swear.I then got yesterday a Dell 5558 that im returning due to its touchpad and screen's washed colors. Now I'm here, about to get a G50-80 or a Z51, so my question is related to the G50-80 here: 1- What are the known issues? Everythin got issues, i'd rather know them before buying than after. 2- Hinges... anyone experienced or heard about problems related to them breaking and so on?  Thank you

A:Lenovo G50-80 Hinges and Known Issues?

hi,I have purchased Lenovo Laptop G50-80 on Nov 1st last year. I did face the issue. First the hinges become  tight.Even for Normal usage, the two bottom screws peeled off.  The bottom case is being pulled apart near the hinges.When I approached the Lenovo  service center , they said the whole case is to be replaced. They charge me USD 80. They said it will not be covered under warranty. In my view, they have made plastic support , instead of metal. Any justice ? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-80-Hinges-and-Known-Issues/td-p/2216709
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently I reset my laptop and I have been having nonstop issues with my USB mouse When I plug the mouse into the port things such Lenovo issues mouse Z50-75 USB as the Lenovo Z50-75 USB mouse issues task bar or the 'X' buttons on browsers fail to register a click and it will do the same for my trackpad until I unplug the mouse ctrl alt del and press cancel I have tested other mice on this laptop and it is the same problem and this mouse works just fine on every other computer I've tried it on I have tried updating drivers reinstalling the OS etc and the problem still persists I opened event viewer and noticed I was getting a critical error each time I plugged the mouse in It reas this nbsp A problem has occurred with one or more user-mode drivers and the hosting process has been terminated This may temporarily interrupt your ability to access the devices The device System Interface Foundation Device location unknown is offline due to a user-mode driver crash Windows will attempt to restart the device more times nbsp Event DriverFrameworks-UsermodeEvery USB port on my laptop is giving me this problem How do I fix this

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Z50-75-USB-mouse-issues/td-p/3479767
Relevancy 44.29%

My Lenovo Flex 2 15 is about six weeks old. On occasion I will sign on, the system will boot up then after a few seconds the screen will shrink to half size on the left side of the screen then I will get a blank screen followed immediately by the start up screen. I will log in again and everything could be all right or it could take 3 more tries.  The McAfee virus scan found no issues and the free version of Glary Utiities came back okay. Is this a virus issue or a Lenovo issue?

A:Lenovo start up issues

Sounds more like a graphics card problem. You might try checking to confirm you have the latest drivers. If you do an uninstall, reboot and reinstall might also be worth your time.

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571271/lenovo-start-up-issues/
Relevancy 44.29%

So today I noticed some flickering on my laptop's monitor, I restarted the computer and the backlight on the monitor is acting strange. It appears like half of the backlights are on while the other half are out, causing this weird pattern of columns of bright sections of the screen followed by dark sections. When the laptop is unplugged, the backlight doesn't work at all making the screen impossible to see, also changing the brightness setting while it is plugged in has no effect on the lights. Please help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y70-backlight-issues/td-p/3337880
Relevancy 44.29%

So, i got a Lenovo y50-70 with an i7 2,6 GHZ AND 3,6 GHZ Turbo boost, 8 GB Ram, NVidia 960m 4gb and 1080p. My Problem now is, that whenever i start a game (like CSGO, GTA V, MW2, Trackmania 2 and more) the CPU clocks itself down to 2,6GHZ. I looked at the Power managment options everything is at 100 %, also the NVIDIA and INTEL settings are all on Max Performance. The funny thing is: When im using google chrome or copying some files, it clocks itself on to 3,6GHZ. I also did some virus scans - everything is OK. I tried to leave chrome open and start a game: BOOOM back at 2,6 ghz... i really dont know what to do - I even reinstalled all the intel and nvidia drivers (but we all know windows 10 is doing its own thing ) I grateful when someone could help me

A:Lenovo Y50-70 Performance Issues

Lenovo designed that processor to disable turbo boost when running CPU hungry applications(This can also be temparature limit or power limit throttling)....... If your temparatures are safe u can use the intel XTU utility to tweak the CPU to your needs.....  Link here... CheersKamal

Ask any questions or Doubts,Always ready to help.... Dont forget to click kudos if i have helped you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Performance-Issues/td-p/3313713
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,So its difficult for me to pin down the problem here but I know that its not my Wi-Fi as i've had this issue at college and at various homes, cafes. I'll be browsing the internet when suddenly my thinkpad will disconnnect from the internet. Note, usually it will say that it is connected to the router but it isn't getting any connection. I will use another device at the same time that experiences no issues. When using Skype I lose calls frequently. It's dissapointing considering I dropped 1 grand on this laptop only to use my 100 dollar smartphone in many situations. Thoughts?

A:Lenovo Yoga 700 Wi-Fi Issues

Hi jreder007 ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

To start with I would suggest you try to check on the wifi adapter properties .

On Device manager , choose the wifi card and right click for Properties , Power management to uncheck on Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power .
Advance tab would also show Roaming tendency / aggressiveness that you can move to highest.
See if that would would , else you may proceed with uninstall and reinstallling your WIFI driver downloadable from the support site .
Update us how it works for you .

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-700-Wi-Fi-Issues/td-p/2237356
Relevancy 44.29%

I have Lenovo Y50-70 UHD and i have installed Windows 10 64-bit version. Everything is perfect except for the wifi. I have installed these two drivers that lenovo suggests http://prntscr.com/b40vtx but still my connecition is extremely slow. My network adapter is Broadcom 802.11ac .I also formatted windows 10 with UEFI. I don't know what other info do i have to provide you so as to help you help me but here are some photos that might help you.
http://prntscr.com/b411c6
http://prntscr.com/b411zq
http://prntscr.com/b412by

A:Lenovo Y50-70 wifi issues

when you try to ping do you get a high ping response

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/50314-lenovo-y50-70-wifi-issues.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Lenovo community. I have to ask if anyone can give me his review on the Lenovo Z50-70 series SSHD ( hybrid disk ) I have that notebook for almost 2 years now and this is the third time im sending my laptop for reperatures changing the SSHD. Does anybody else have this issue or does only my notebook fail ? Edit : Never defragmented the disk ( since its not neccesary and unwanted by the SSD part ) Thanks for your answers appreciate them. Lenovo z50-70 series8gb ram, W7 64-bit, Intel hd graphics / Nvidia Geforce 840M  

A:Lenovo Z50-70 i7 SSHD issues?

If you mean you have 2 drives, one hdd one ssd you dont need to defrag the ssd, just the hdd. BUT if you have an SSHD disk, a hybird, you HAVE to defrag it. There is NO ssd part that windows can "see". The drive *firmware* moves frequent used data to the ssd, much like the memory buffer. Imagine the SSHD as an HDD with a really big memory buffer

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z50-70-i7-SSHD-issues/td-p/3430431