Windows Support Forum

Warranty Service - 0ver 230 day to repair, really?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Warranty Service - 0ver 230 day to repair, really?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 59.77%

I purchased a new xps from dell over two weeks ago nbsp Currently the laptop is working fine however I ve tried tried to register the laptop under my products multiple times since receiving the laptop nbsp Whenever to new for customer not tag reach service register service because xps13 to unable + warranty found unable I try to enter the service tag it keeps giving me an error quot Products not found nbsp There rsquo s no match for the Service Tags that were entered quot nbsp At first I thought maybe it was because the laptop was new but it new xps13 unable to register for warranty because service tag not found + unable to reach customer service has been weeks now and I m still getting the same message Not only that but I ve been trying to contact dell through email for weeks now and I always get the same quot you will get a response in hour quot reply but nobody ever replies nbsp I feel like the biggest moron right now because I paid for years of premium support and you won t even answer a freaking email nbsp I m pretty close to just returning this laptop and buying a piece of macbook because at least apple responds to support requests

A:new xps13 unable to register for warranty because service tag not found + unable to reach customer service

Was the system purchased direct from Dell?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997104
Relevancy 58.91%

Howdy, Is it possible to get HP to fix a broken laptop (spillage has broken the keyboard) out of the laptops warranty? Failing that, are there any repair shops licensed/recommended by HP in the UK? Thanks  

A:Out of Warranty Repair (UK)

Is the damage confined to the keyboard? That is not expensive or difficult and just about any computer shop should be able to handle it and it is even possible in many cases to do it yourself.  Please let us know if you want to try replacement. If not the best way to go about it is to procure the part and take it and the laptop to a local shop.  Where are you located in the UK? See pages 74-77 of the Manual here: Service Manual https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuovxquGRFk The video is also useful. Removal of the keyboard part stops at about 7:50.  Post back with any more questions. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Out-of-Warranty-Repair-UK/td-p/5719947
Relevancy 58.91%

i have a hp15 being repiared under warranty. it was estemated to be delivered back to me last wednesday. how do i check the status of my repair? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/repair-under-warranty/td-p/5798513
Relevancy 58.91%

I would have thought there would be others with such an issue but I couldn't find any answered question about my issue on the forums nbsp My laptop purchased in dec- has a broken left hinge part As a result I cannot open close the lid without almost fully breaking the hinge Even with the lid up its extremely unstable Needless to say the laptop is out of commission at the moment nbsp I am considering getting it repaired since it runs decently enough Its out of warranty though I tried to check my options at the HP Support portal and of Out warranty repair answered a few questions including serial and product and the website stated that the warranty has expired and I need to pay for phone support So I know phone support is not going to fix the hinge issue and I Out of warranty repair am not sure why I am being asked to pay to just check on my options nbsp I need to know the cost of the repair and the turnaround time And I opened up the back cover and tried to figure out what is wrong basically the mold attached to the base of the laptop that holds the screw connecting the hinge and the base is broken I want to verify that HP will accept a laptop that was opened by the customer nbsp Any HP support folks here that can answer my questions nbsp Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Out-of-warranty-repair/td-p/5845717
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello. About a month ago I had my Y70-70t repaired under warranty for flickering/black screen problems. The service centre replaced the screen assembly and it was fine for a couple days the few times I used it until the same issue resurfaced. I took it back and they refused to accept it without me paying a fee for them to diagnose the problem. This was the day the original factory warranty expired, which perplexed me as the repair they made that should have fixed the same issue not even a month prior did not fix the problem. What is the warranty period on repairs? Its pretty annoying the service centre won't accept it back without a charge even tho the repairs they made failed to correct the issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Warranty-repair-failed/td-p/3475657
Relevancy 58.48%

I bought an HP laptop from the USA.  I tried to repair it under warranty but HP offices in DUbai turned out to be crooks and liars.  Now i have to send it by courrier back to the USA to repair it.  Can you pls provide me to which address I need to send my HP laptop so they can repair it to me under warranty and finish with this nigthmare?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Send-to-repair-under-warranty/td-p/5836177
Relevancy 58.48%

On 5/23 I sent my under-warranty T540p to repair a failing screen.  It was received by the depot on 5/24.  Almost two weeks later, support still has no ETA on when it will be repaired, and the repair status has been stuck on "Hold for customer information" since Friday 5/27.  When I first called, I was told this would be a quick repair.  Unless I can get this back soon, I'm going to be forced to by a new laptop (needless to say, it most certainly will not be a Lenovo).  What's the point of having a three-year warranty if it doesn't include even semi-timely repairs???

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T540p-warranty-repair-no-ETA/td-p/3341550
Relevancy 57.62%

Who has ever sent their computers in for a repair when it's under warranty to the manufacturer's repair center?

I am having to send mine, because I can't get the shutdown and sleep problem resolved.

Acer says its a hardware problem.

A:Computer Repair Under Warranty Question?

I bought an Acer Aspire T310 desktop machine (the first time I'd purchased an Acer product) in early 2006, which had a faulty DVD/CD burner. I contacted the repair centre and they assured me that if i sent it in they'd replace the drive.

The service centre was (and is) about 80km away, and it so happened that I'd be in that vicinity on business in a few days, so I arranged to drop it off then. I did so, and then went off to conduct other business.

When I returned several hours later, it was ready, with a new drive fitted, at no cost due to the warranty.

Obviously in my case I virtually eliminated any chance of damage-in-transit, but I certainly can't complain about the service I received from Acer.

Interestingly, having owned seven Acers over the years (I currently own three - one desktop and two laptops) that was the only time I've had an issue of any kind, with any of them.

Needless to say, my next machine will probably also be an Acer.

Wenda.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/57945-computer-repair-under-warranty-question.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I purchased a new Spectre X360 and the 3 year accidental damage warranty.  It claims 3 day turn-around in-home repair.  I tried to use the warranty for a cracked screen and I am told there is a 2 month delay for the part to be sent to me. How do I fix this?

A:How do I correct defective warranty repair?

We can only offer sympathy. This Forum has no access to warranty decision making. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-I-correct-defective-warranty-repair/td-p/5815234
Relevancy 57.62%

The laptop still fails the memory extended diagnostics! After coming back from QSL in Sydney Australia for warranty repair. QSL refuse to talk diectly so I'm faced with phone tech support again. QSL Silverwater Sydney, seemed to be hopeless in fixing memory issues and checking, I'm quickly losing faith in recommending Leneovo as there after sales service seems to be pretty poor.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-under-warranty-repair-at-QSL-Sydney-Australia-FAILS/td-p/3321698
Relevancy 57.62%

Here is my log please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE min Very bootup 15 0ver slow HTC LOG C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Very slow bootup 0ver 15 min HTC LOG Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NPROTECT EXE C PROGRA NORTON NORTON SPEEDD NOPDB EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system WLANSTA EXE C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS soundman exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files America Online waol exe C PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL System Information sinf exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Very slow bootup 0ver 15 min HTC LOG Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http my ebay com ws eBayISAPI dll MyeBay amp ssPageName H H MYEBAY US R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe quot R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - Toolbar no name - BA B -B - c -B - F F - no file O - HKLM Run WLANSTA EXE WLANSTA EXE START O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run SoundMan soundman exe O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run AOLDialer C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe O - HKLM Run Pure Networks Port Magic quot C PROGRA PURENE PORTMA PortAOL exe quot -Run O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Symantec PIF AlertEng quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe quot a m quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A AlertEng dll quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus ... Read more

A:Very slow bootup 0ver 15 min HTC LOG

Hi, I have Closed this duplicate thread about the same computer and the same issue. Please do not start new threads...it may be awhile till someone can check the log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-bootup-0ver-15-min-htc-log.636351/
Relevancy 57.19%

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of ColoradoI had a HP computer and purchased an HP accidental damage plan waranty This plan covers accidental liquid spills It has no exlcusions based on the type of liquid spill NONE No exclusions for the liquid being a biohazard I get with to of acting intent to harm repair HP warranty out was at a coffee shop and a friend bumped the table and knocked over water coffe and tea It spilled all over my computer There were HP acting with intent to harm to get out of warranty repair many witnesses keys on the computer stopped working after this liquid spill I contacted HP and they offered to send on site repair staff but I HP acting with intent to harm to get out of warranty repair couldn't take hours off of work to wait for them to come HP preffered for me to send in the computer anyhow They confrimed the liquid spill of coffee tea and or water is a covered event They sent me a box and I mailed the computer back in to them I took photos of the computer condition before shipping It was dry on the outside and we had shaken out as much of the liquid as we could I sent the computer in When it got there I immeidately got an email about a cracked HP acting with intent to harm to get out of warranty repair LCD It did not have a cracked LCD when I shipped it and it was well packed I called them and they said someone would get back to me I then got a text about an hour later stating my computer was being shipped back to me I figured it had been repaired They gave no info about the computer itself I got the box on April th There were no biohazardous or dangerous material labels on the outside of the box I opened it and pulled out my computer The inside of the box was wet the computer was dripping with a whiteish brown liquid that smelled of coffee I immeidately took pictures and emailed them to HP to tell them they shipped me back my broken computer they need to fix it I figured the liquid on it was some of the spilled liquid that had shaken out of the computer on shipment The liquid had been all over my hands It seemed like an awful lot of liquid I had the photos to show I shipped them a computer that was dry on the outside I called HP and they informed me they had assessed the computer and had determined there was a dangerous biohazard liquid on it and they could not repair it because the liquid posed a safety and health risk to their staff I looked in the box and saw a soaked white piece of paper with biohazard checked off as a reason why they would not fix it This alleged biohazard was all over the notice itself and was all over my hands I had to go get medical care to help determine if my health was relaly in danger or not I called HP and they did research and determined their service center thought the white brown liquid was urine HP further accused the coffee shop of selling us drinks with urine in it I went to the health dept and had a friend who is a biochemist assess the situation All agreeed it was coffee not urine and HP was making serious and very wong accusations they had no basis to make All agreeed HP was trying to pull whatever they could to get out of a covered repair I called HP again and they looked at their own photos and they agreeed there was an error made by the service center and they agreeed to re-assess the computer They sent me a box to mail the computer back to them That box arrived May nd and I sent in the computer documenting the condition of the computer throughly and sealing it up at the FedEx office I did not put biohazard labels on it becaus emany witnesses and professionals had determined it was not a biohazard and never had been HP signed for the computer on May rd On May th HP agreed to refund the full amount of the computer and said they would send me a box to send the computer back to them in I pointe dout that they already had the computer They signed for it on May rd HP wrote me on May th to tell me they had searche their records and they again... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-acting-with-intent-to-harm-to-get-out-of-warranty-repair/td-p/5611881
Relevancy 57.19%

Where do I send the laptop if it is not working? My husband had the computer in Ecuador for a few months and said it had never worked properly and had been showing signs of a faulty drive. This laptop was bought at Best Buy in March and of course we need to to use the warranty protection as long as it is still within the year since it was purchased.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993353
Relevancy 57.19%

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of ColoradoI had a HP computer and purchased an HP accidental damage plan waranty This plan covers accidental liquid spills It has no exlcusions based on the type of liquid spill NONE No exclusions for the liquid being a biohazard I was at a coffee shop and a friend bumped the table and knocked over water coffe and tea It spilled all over my computer There were many witnesses keys on the computer stopped working after this liquid spill I contacted HP and they offered to send on site warranty with harm out HP acting get of to to intent repair repair staff but I couldn't take hours off of work to wait for them to come HP preffered for me to send HP acting with intent to harm to get out of warranty repair in the computer anyhow They confrimed the liquid spill of coffee tea and HP acting with intent to harm to get out of warranty repair or water is a covered event They sent me a box and I mailed the computer back in to them I took photos of the computer condition before shipping It was dry on the outside and we had shaken out as much of the liquid as we could I sent the computer in When it got there I immeidately got an email about a cracked LCD It did not have a cracked LCD when I shipped it and it was well packed I called them and they said someone would get back to me I then got a text about an hour later stating my computer was being shipped back to me I figured it had been repaired They gave no info about the computer itself I got the box on April th There were no biohazardous or dangerous material labels on the outside of the box I opened it and pulled out my computer The inside of the box was wet the computer was dripping with a whiteish brown liquid that smelled of coffee I immeidately took pictures and emailed them to HP to tell them they shipped me back my broken computer they need to fix it I figured the liquid on it was some of the spilled liquid that had shaken out of the computer on shipment The liquid had been all over my hands It seemed like an awful lot of liquid I had the photos to show I shipped them a computer that was dry on the outside I called HP and they informed me they had assessed the computer and had determined there was a dangerous biohazard liquid on it and they could not repair it because the liquid posed a safety and health risk to their staff I looked in the box and saw a soaked white piece of paper with biohazard checked off as a reason why they would not fix it This alleged biohazard was all over the notice itself and was all over my hands I had to go get medical care to help determine if my health was relaly in danger or not I called HP and they did research and determined their service center thought the white brown liquid was urine HP further accused the coffee shop of selling us drinks with urine in it I went to the health dept and had a friend who is a biochemist assess the situation All agreeed it was coffee not urine and HP was making serious and very wong accusations they had no basis to make All agreeed HP was trying to pull whatever they could to get out of a covered repair I called HP again and they looked at their own photos and they agreeed there was an error made by the service center and they agreeed to re-assess the computer They sent me a box to mail the computer back to them That box arrived May nd and I sent in the computer documenting the condition of the computer throughly and sealing it up at the FedEx office I did not put biohazard labels on it becaus emany witnesses and professionals had determined it was not a biohazard and never had been HP signed for the computer on May rd On May th HP agreed to refund the full amount of the computer and said they would send me a box to send the computer back to them in I pointe dout that they already had the computer They signed for it on May rd HP wrote me on May th to tell me they had searche their records and they again claimed there been a biohazard and the computer was shipped... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-acting-with-intent-to-harm-to-get-out-of-warranty-repair/td-p/5611882
Relevancy 57.19%

hello nbsp brought a ideapad series few months back ang got the motherboard problem times nbsp asked them to replace for one to one nbsp customer service Ideapad 500 - issue warranty support Ideapad 500 - warranty service issue center is really pathetic and very irresponsive guys they dont call mail to update nbsp they just take their own sweet time nbsp when i call to call center for the update they said its all already ready and asked me to collect but the support center guy after waiting for mins in queue he says no havent heard anything from the management nbsp really asked him who is management the reply was lenovo management nbsp why the support center doesnt work on weekends nbsp do expect your consumers to take half day leave just to go and wait in the support center to hear such irresponsive support answers nbsp within just months did visits to support center and still one more time to collect that dump nbsp i dont want support service business with lenovo and just wasting my time and efforts nbsp much much appriciated if you pay me my laptop money nbsp brought this laptop by beliving my friend's suggestion that the hardware is real professionally good nbsp haha nbsp by completely non-satisfied consumer nbsp Mod's Edit Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/very-problematic-laptop/td-p/3385821
Relevancy 57.19%

I have purshased a lenovo y50 laptop on 19th March during my trip to USA then I returned Egypt back and discovered that the laptop is defected with dead area in the trackpad and a horrible display with very ugly yellow color.

I contacted Lenovo Egypt and they told me to go to service provider to get these issues fixed. The service provider said they will replace the trackpad but they see that the screen is normal and they have no solution for it.

Before I bougth it, I made sure that all waranty services can be done from Egypt but Lenovo Egypt refused to replace the laptop and the service provider refuses to fix the screen. It is really disappointing!!

[Moderator note: Edited to remove personal information]

A:Lenovo Y50 - 70 Egypt Warranty Service

How to escalate this issue to Global Lenovo support?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Egypt-Warranty-Service/td-p/2055058
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I purchased an Inspiron 1543 on Oct 27, 2015 from an authorized dell store at GIP Mall Noida and since then I have been strutggling with Dell Warranty team to update the warranty status under dell festive offers. They have updated only NBD warranty date to Oct 2018 sine I have purchased two years extended warranty, but all the other warranty dates are yet to be updated and they are not even replying my emails. The worst customer service I have ever seen. I will never recommend anytone to buy a dell product. I have provided everything they reqested already. My service tag #<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>. My contact # are<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>. Can anyone help? And specially Dell should not sell it's product through cheaters like Skope computers(A dell authorized showroom, GIM Mall, Noida.) They are thieves and cheaters and not have manners.

A:Warranty issue and customer service

Hello. You have posted on the Laptop Audio discussion board. I suggest that you post on the Customer Care board. Do not include your service tag and contact numbers, because those will be removed as per forum policy. If someone from Dell replies to your post, they will ask you to send them that information via the forum's private message feature.
I hope you find success in resolving your warranty issues.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19678891
Relevancy 56.76%

I hope this query makes sense.

Notebook going in for warranty servicing, replacement of fan.

I wish to store VHP system and Vista setup information on an external HDD.

Has anyone found a freeware or workaround to allow me to save and then restore my Vista settings and programs to a new default install of Vista?

I understand when my notebook is returned with a new fan, VHP will be at factory default status.

Files, documents and the like will already be on a backup HDD via Sync Toy 2.0.
Am more concerned about the Vista setup and other aspects such as Windows Mail. Contacts, Windows Calendar, etc.

Will I have to reinstall all my programs and the like?

Suggestion welcome, use detailed instructions however, please.

Thanks in advance, Robert

A:Warranty repair and backup for Vista Home Premium (VHP)

I guess I am not sure what you are asking. You can make a backup image of your computer, or back up individual parts. I am assuming you know that.

So what exactly is your question?

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/204806-warranty-repair-backup-vista-home-premium-vhp.html
Relevancy 56.76%

The battery on my HP Pavillion Laptop will not charge and is likely dead. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps including: (1) uninstalling and reinstalling the batterty driver, (2) reverting back to a previous restore point and(3) reinstalling Windows 10.  None of these steps have work so I concluded that the battery is dead. My product is still under warranty but after an hour on this site, I still cannot determine how to get my battery replaced.  Please advise me on where I can request a replacement battery.

A:WARRANTY REPAIR FOR DEAD BATTERY - Cant find instructions on...

Hi, What is your machine ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/WARRANTY-REPAIR-FOR-DEAD-BATTERY-Cant-find-instructions-on/td-p/5687138
Relevancy 56.76%

I purchased a new T in March Within the first nbsp two nbsp weeks I noticed that the tab key sticks in the down position requiring it to be gently pried back to the up position It seemed like a fairly minor issue and upon general inspection nothing time T460 repair long on taking a new Warranty appeared out of the ordinary with the key so I was unable to fix it myself About a week after that the fingerprint scanner Warranty repair on new T460 taking a long time suddenly stopped working so I updated the drivers and checked every setting I could find to no avail It was apparent something was wrong since when it was working there was a green backlight on the fingerprint scanner and that backlight was not working after it had suddenly stopped working nbsp Before the day return window I requested warranty service from Lenovo and they promptly sent a sturdy box for shipping the laptop to the Lenovo repair nbsp center I shipped it nbsp and it's been in Lenovo repair nbsp center ever since In fact it's been there for over a month which is longer than I even had the laptop I've contacted Lenovo support multiple nbsp times with the same response it's waiting for parts on the EasyServ site it says Hold for Parts - Service call is on hold until parts arrive and they cannot provide an ETA nbsp Since there's no ETA I would like to know what my options are besides continuing to wait Could I get a loaner laptop while the T is fixed Would Lenovo send me a new T with the same configuration and just sell the faulty one in their outlet after fixing it Could I just get a full refund for the laptop plus extended warranty purchase Other options This is one of those experiences that's really leaving me dissatisfied with Lenovo so any help at this point is much appreciated

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Warranty-repair-on-new-T460-taking-a-long-time/td-p/3330790
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello nbsp Service Warranty in Indi... not honored International I purchased a Y - laptop in US nbsp one nbsp year back I did check on the International Warranty Service both with US and Indian sales support teams and after that went ahead with the purchase of the laptop with year warranty extension nbsp nbsp Now I am in India and got an hinge problem with the laptop As per this link nbsp https forums lenovo com t Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series Y - -Touch-only-customer-review-broken-hinge- Lenovo investigated the issue and created a nbsp service TIP nbsp SF -I nbsp HT nbsp But the Indian customer support agents are International Warranty Service not honored in Indi... trivializing IWS and said that I need to take the laptop back to US for repair Even though the product is under IWS and supported in India it is disappointing to deal with arrogant customer support agents who are declining the repair by quoting IWS When I nbsp mention nbsp the nbsp service TIP International Warranty Service not honored in Indi... they are saying it is only for US and doesn t apply to IWS Could someone please let me know if that is true Would Lenovo IWS not cover a design defect nbsp This is my first Lenovo laptop and it is very unfortunate to go through this I went to local service centers twice already and each travel took me hours Hope someone can help nbsp Praveen

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/International-Warranty-Service-not-honored-in-India/td-p/3434745
Relevancy 56.33%

I sent my Asus K52Je to the warranty service last month, for a HD issue.

When returned, the HD was strangely partitioned:

Now, the Disk 0 has:
- a first (hidden) and not recognized partition: a 336 GB (!) RECOVERY;
- C:\ is the 116 GB NTFS
- D:\ is the 13.6 GB NTFS.

Should I resize the RECOVERY partition without any problem??
And after that, could I extend the C:\ partition? (I don't want to lose my licence and prefer not to use the 9-DVD-recovery tool...)

thank you.

A:resizing Recovery partition after a warranty service

You will under no circumstances lose your Win7 license as long as you have a genuine Win7 COA sticker on the machine. You can reinstall this in any way you wish and MS will protect you, which is why they put the Product Key on the COA sticker - you should back it up now in case it rubs off.

In fact most tech enthusiasts prefer to get rid of the bloatware by Clean Reinstalling Factory OEM Windows 7. Everything needed is in the blue link. Asus may not support a Clean Reinstall but they cannot void your hardware warranty. I would simply not tell them if I reinstall. You'll get better support here anyway.

With such incompetent partitioning I wonder if Recovery will even run. Can you cue it up to see? I would also make the Recovery disks now so you have a backup if you want the preinstalled Win7. Another backup is to save a Win7 backup image of your customized install: Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup. With these backups you may feel you can afford to delete the Recovery partition.

Either way you'll want to shrink it. I'd use Disk mgmt first to see how much it wants to shrink it. But you'll need to use free Partition Wizard bootable CD to safely Resize C to the left afterwards, which can also be used to shrink Recovery more if Disk Mgmt bumps into files in the way. You'll need to leave ample breathing room for Recovery to function. Partition Wizard Move/Resize Partition Video Help.

Personally I would rely on Recovery disks if i ever needed to fall back to factory condition to resell the unit. Otherwise I'd rely on a Win7 backup image of a factory install after I Clean Up Factory Bloatware, or for the very best performance I'd Clean Reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/233881-resizing-recovery-partition-after-warranty-service.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi This is a rant plea for help from someone at Dell nbsp For the past months I ve been through the wringer with Dell s warranty service nbsp Short story for patience horrible service with Dell's Out warranty of those who don t want to read this entire tail of woe nbsp I ve been through LCD screens one motherboard replacement nbsp and now one entire system replacement - Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service and I still have a computer with issues because Dell keeps sending me JUNK and wrong parts - nbsp And to top it off my warranty is about to run out And now the long story My story begins almost a year ago when I purchased a new Inspiron nbsp I loved that laptop and things were great up until Feb of this year when the LCD screen developed an issue with burn-in image retention I contacted Dell tech support about this and the tech agreed that the screen needed replacing He said he d send out an on-site service tech with an LCD replacement kit and a motherboard nbsp I thought sending the motherboard was strange since the issue was clearly with the LCD screen nbsp So I asked why they d send a motherboard nbsp The tech said incase the replacement LCD doesn t fix it nbsp Strange This should have been a red flag but I just shrugged it off Jump forward a few days later and the on-site tech shows up nbsp He says he doesn t know how to replace the screen in this model laptop nbsp He said any time he s tried the clips in the bezel break nbsp He also said Dell should have sent the entire LCD assembly as there are no instructions to replace the LCD screen only nbsp He called up Dell s on-site tech support line to see if they could supply him with instructions and Dell instructed him TO REPLACE THE MOTHERBOARD for an issue with an LCD screen nbsp He didn t know what to make of it but did what they said and replaced a PERFECTLY GOOD motherboard which OF COURSE didn t fix anything nbsp So the tech says to ask them for the entire LCD assembly nbsp So I contact Dell and ask them for the specific part number which to their credit they send nbsp But of course there are still issues with the screen Dead pixels backlight bleed and the touch screen often has a mind of its own and causes the cursor to go crazy nbsp Also at this point I m noticing the laptop runs much warmer than before there s a loud quot coil whine quot and the touchpad now randomly stops sometimes nbsp So my perfectly good motherboard was replaced with a broken one Great By this time screen number had arrived nbsp But it was the wrong part nbsp It was the k UHD screen and I had the p version nbsp I am a software developer and I use Linux and a lot of Java software which does not scale properly on Hi-DPI screens So once again I had to contact Dell and tell them I can t use a k screen After sending the wrong part Dell said they d replace the entire system with a refurbished one nbsp Great Finally an end to this I hoped nbsp But nope Dell sends me an Inspiron quot gaming laptop quot with a k screen Even after I specifically told them I am unable to use a k screen nbsp However by this time I had well and truly had enough nbsp I just wanted to be done with the entire ordeal nbsp But as I am beginning to learn there is apparently no end to it because guess what the Inspiron has a few issues of its own nbsp The screen dims flickers when certain shades of blue enter the screen lots of owners are complaining about this it s an inherent flaw of the LG quot pentle quot screen used in these There are a few youtube videos that show this if you search nbsp I could have just changed the resolution to p and lived with the flicker but nbsp It OVERHEATS LIKE CRAZY and the fan never shuts off nbsp Even when idle nbsp Tonight nbsp as I was trying to use it the thermal protection kicked in and it actually turned itself off right when I was in the middle of working nbsp UNACCEPTABLE I ve been patient and courteous throughout all this nbsp But now I ve had enough I am not going ... Read more

A:Out of patience with Dell's horrible warranty service

Tough luck. I've also have had more hardware issues than I can count, including trackpad failures, fan issues, lights burnt out, etc... I just continuously had stuff break on my $1400 laptop for no reason. 
After months of dealing with this ***, I decided I just wanted Dell to buy the laptop back from me or give me store credit as that's really the only repayment for the amount of stress and issues this laptop has brought me. I was basically told by the highest level sales manager that I cannot return the laptop and I just have to go the Dell's support system. There is really nothing you can do except constantly call in service requests and once your warranty expires, like me, you are pretty much screwed.
That being said, I will never buy any Dell product again.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682784
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a HP ENVY m7-010dx that died last night.  Upon power up nothing happens except a continuous slow blinking light on the cap locks key.  I went through their online troubleshooting help section and it looks like it is a hardware issue and will be going in for warranty service.  The big problem I have is that the hard drive has lots of sensitive personal information on it that I believe a good tech could copy and fairly easily decipher.

So what can I do?  I have never removed an internal hard drive and accessed it as an external drive.  I really need to wipe all personal info before returning for warranty service.

Any ideas?

Thanks

A:How to Secure Hard Drive Before Warranty Service

DVDs?  USB flash drive?

How much personal info are you talking about?

Since most of us don't have that much (IMO) personal info on a system...either of the above should do.  Simply copy the data to new media and then delete it from your hard drive before sending.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536737/how-to-secure-hard-drive-before-warranty-service/
Relevancy 56.33%

I wonder if in your country Lenovo guys ask you to wait 45 days for warranty works in service centre.In St.Petersburg, Russia I was asked to wait 45 days cuz spare parts are not available. And it is for really new laptop I just bought.Is it really firm service or home kitchen?I just wanna say Hi for VP in Lenovo company responsible for the customer service  Please let me know your awaiting time. Who give more?

DSC_0651.JPG ?989 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/45-days-term-waiting-of-warranty-service-for-Lenovo-notebook/td-p/3397918
Relevancy 56.33%

I had sent my Y50-70 to Giat Solutions Service Center (Malaysia) to fix its screen. They found out that the part of the separator inside one of my USB port came out a little. But they decided it was CID (Customer Induced Damage). I recalled that the USB port was slightly tighter than the others when i first received it. I take a very good care of my laptop and i had not drop it once even after 1 year. The damage of the USB port looks nothing like those pictures Lenovo posted on their official website. I m very disappointed with the service since i paid a lot of money for that machine. If they cant fix the USB port for me, i can no longer trust the Lenovo Products. Please assist me.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/USB-PORT-WARRANTY-REJECTED-BY-SERVICE-CENTER-Y50-70/td-p/3414903
Relevancy 56.33%

I am so frustrated with HP's customer service I will never buy an HP product again because of their nbsp horrendous customer service and the fact that HP either doesn't honor their warranties customer Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE service Not or they make it exceedingly difficult to do so nbsp I have an HP chromebook Pavilion Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service nbsp -c dx that has a malfunctioning touchpad and no one from HP is helping me Intermittently my touchpad won't work The cursor pointer starts to shake vibrate making it almost impossible to click on what's intended and the scroll function freezes up Also a powerwash has not fixed the problem I started calling a couple of weeks ago while still under the one year warranty HP told me my chromebook was out of warranty It was not They had an incorrect purchase date They told Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service me to scan and send proof of Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service purchase I did twice to two different people and two different email addresses I was told my chromebook would be repaired and to wait for the box to ship it in nbsp I have an order number nbsp BFBB nbsp but I have received nothing According to the order status online it says waiting for customer action nbsp I was told by one of the several people I've spoken to that he would personally make sure my issue would be solved but refused to give me his full name Now when I reply to the emails I previously got from customer service I get automated replies stating my chromebook is out of warranty and I can no longer get email support I just called customer service and he said I still need to send in my receipt for proof of purchase SERIOUSLY HP you are doing terrible business by making it so difficult for people to have their problems fixed And shame on you for not honoring your warranties nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Not Honoring Warranty/TERRIBLE customer service

Hi @bassplayinlady ,

I sent you a private message. If you are not sure how to check your private messages then this post has instructions that will guide you through the process.

Regards,George

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Not-Honoring-Warranty-TERRIBLE-customer-service/td-p/4399758
Relevancy 55.9%

I ordered Precision M3800.
But warrant information on support website is incorrect.

How can I fix it?

Ship date: January 01, 0001
Service: No information available.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985797
Relevancy 55.9%

When I went to buy a laptop, I have not considered any other laptop as I thought Dell would be perfect for me. However, let me tell you, it's not. Within the period of 1 month, I started getting touch pad issues which is not resolved completely yet. This is not ended here. I bought this laptop (which was the worst decision I have ever made) in October 2014 and this Dell dashboard shows my warranty expiring in July 2015. I am emailing to them and nobody even bothers to give a reply. On phone support I have asked several times that I want to extend my warranty, however nobody helped me for that too. Is this your SO CALLED superior customer service and quality product? If yes then please stop selling Dell Inspiron 3542 model. Pathetic touch pad! LET ME KNOW HOW CAN I FILE A COMPLAINT as I cant take this harassment further.

A:How to file a complaint against dell customer service and Warranty

Contact link, bottom of the screen.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19616589
Relevancy 55.9%

I ordered Precision M3800.
But warrant information on support website is incorrect.

How can I fix it?

Ship date: January 01, 0001
Service: No information available.

A:Incorrect service warranty information on support website

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19985023
Relevancy 55.04%

I sent my laptop in to be serviced under warranty because the keyboard would not work. was denied service because of water damage but now my screen doesn't work, can someone help

A:My screen won't turn on after service was denied on warranty due to water damage

Water can destroy a laptop or any other electronic device. Chances are that the water sat underneath the keyboard and flowed onto the motherboard where it dried causing corrosion and damaging the motherboard permanently. You could take the laptop to a repair shop and they could give you a repair estimate. Of course, you will have to pay for this repair. If a liquid is spilled on a laptop in the future, immediately open it and turn it upside down. This allows the liquid not to hit and pool on the motherboard, or in a keyboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-screen-wont-turn-on-after-service-was-denied-on-warranty-due-to-water-damage.178774/
Relevancy 49.88%

sir service engineer told me that your ram socket burns due to heat or power fluctuation  and so we have to change your motherboard for that and this is not covered in your warranty. i have adp warranty .So can i arugu with them in these conditions  ?Is warranty doesnot cover issue due to power fluctuation , which cover accidental protection, too ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/is-adp-warranty-and-standard-warranty-doesnot-cover-issue/td-p/5835196
Relevancy 49.02%

sir hi actually i bought my lappi last year in the month of may 25th and since i was in last year of my collage i did not bother  to extend becouse of money issue. can i extend the warranty of the lapptop now ??pls help and if yes then what all the procedure i need to follow. ?  w/w  aayan akash. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/can-extend-the-warranty-HP-laptop-warranty-got-expired-which/td-p/5780150
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello everyone donot buy Hp laptops this is wrost company I ever seen in service I have sent my laptop to service in august 26 on September 1st they kept the status as on hold and estimated delivery time is 09 September Iam calling for my laptop to service center and Hp support service no body responds for that just the issue is battery replacement. Think once while buying the laptop the laptop gets repair at least once but you will face a lot of problems in service so don't buy Hp products

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Repair-service/td-p/5765011
Relevancy 47.3%

This question is about what online repair services to use to repair Internet Explorer 8. I?m running IE 8 with XP. When I google ?repair Internet Explorer 8? I get a slew of online repair services and don?t know which one to pick. The going price is around $60 for 1 time support. Can anyone recommend which one to use? I have tried the forum suggested repairs but they are too detailed and I can?t follow the instructions (I?m running IE 8 but web sites see me as IE 6). I would rather pay and get it fixed. And NO, I can?t use another web browser. IE is required for my work.

A:Which online repair service to use?

Have you tried going to IE 9 ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435884/which-online-repair-service-to-use/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have had a computer hobby for 18 years. I would like to start a computer repair service. What should I know how to do? In what areas should I be proficient?

A:Computer Repair and Service

Maybe you can work for a computer repair place for awhile and see what you would have to know or learn to be able to repair computers properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-repair-and-service.1088510/
Relevancy 47.3%

Inut systems computer repair solution is an one of the Best computer & Laptop repair in Hyderabad at Your Doorstep services available in entire total Hyderabad city.and very low cost price in hyderabad only,We are also Provides best computer & Laptop repair in hyderabad and replacement service center is also avilable.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/we-will-do-computer-repair-service-4601418/
Relevancy 47.3%

Only a few months old my HP Pavilion X had a hard disk failure I sent it in for repairs under warranty and it was repaired and shipped back to me two days ago But HP did not require ME--the person they were shipping it to-- to sign for the delivery It asked only for an indirect signature I live in an apartment building and the request for an indirect signature meant a building manager could sign for it And of course she left the computer in an open room that anyone has access to And surprise Someone walked off with it nbsp When I send a computer to HP I expect it to be shipped back to ME -- SECURELY Requiring only an indirect signature -- a signature of someone I don't even know -- is NOT secure shipping Write Direct signature required -- that's all it takes -- and FedEx or UPS will either get my signature or if I am not home leave HP Beware of Repair Service a message for me to pick up my Beware of HP Repair Service computer at their facility Easy nbsp BEWARE You might not get your computer back if you ship it to HP for repairs and they will shrug and say Not my problem They need to send me a laptop to replace the one they lost with their insane shipping policy Really you don't return the laptop to the person who sent it to you I never authorized someone else to sign for my computer and just leave it for someone to take I have been an HP customer Beware of HP Repair Service for years but I feel burned by this and will NEVER purchase an HP product again

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Beware-of-HP-Repair-Service/td-p/5748339
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, My laptop's manufacturer warranty has expired on January 24 2016. Can I buy extend warranty for my lappy??  

A:Can I extend the warranty after its manufacture warranty has...

Hello, If unit doesn't have any issues right now, yes you can extend the warranty. if there is any issue with the laptop then after repair you can extend the warranty  #hpexpertday

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-I-extend-the-warranty-after-its-manufacture-warranty-has/td-p/5628410
Relevancy 46.87%

Read These Tips About Easily Searching For A Good Foundation Repair Contractor nbsp At some point almost everyone will need a foundation repair and maintenance contractor If you want your project done fast and at a respectable price be careful because many contractors might cut corners to get you there Our handy guide can help you find a well-respected contractor nbsp Obtain references from individuals who have experience using the Repair So... , Foundatin Foundation Repair Foundation Service , local foundation repair service provider that you're interested in to ensure that you are making an informed decision about whether or never to Foundatin Repair , Foundation Repair Service , Foundation So... hire them Get more than a single reference to have a good idea of the foundation repair and maintenance contractor's reputation Your local contractor must also use products that are high in quality because without them the entire project might be ruined Take the time to get comprehensive information about the materials they are going to be using for your Foundatin Repair , Foundation Repair Service , Foundation So... project nbsp Take your time when searching for a decent Foundatin Repair , Foundation Repair Service , Foundation So... foundation repair and maintenance contractor Any recommendations and referrals from family or friends will be extremely practical Look for networking opportunities to meet a professional contractor who might make a favorable impression on you Be prepared to conduct some interviews in the process nbsp nbsp If you are a pet owner alert the foundation repair service provider ahead of time so about avoid possible issues You may need to relocate the pet if it gets in the method of the work Remember that having a pet in the work area can prove dangerous for both the pet and employees nbsp A reliable professional foundation repair and maintenance contractor will provide a written estimate before beginning any work on your project It's perfectly acceptable to ask for a telephone quote from your foundation repair service provider if you need the numbers run by you right away Evaluate this person's qualifications and schedule to make sure the local contractor will have the opportunity to complete your project on time and within budget If you have misgivings about hiring a particular flooring expert make sure you ask questions before you decide on hiring someone nbsp Do not release a final payment until you are positive that you are completely satisfied the workmanship You should take a few days to actually ensure you are entirely satisfied with the work or hire an inspector to do a thorough job for you Do not release the final payment until you have ensured all the work has been finished successfully and that you are satisfied with the outcome For taxes and also other reasons a paper trail of all financial transactions is needed so hold off on making payments in cash nbsp nbsp We are a foundation repair company specializing in solutions for failing foundations for both residential and commercial property owners in the Fort Worth DFW and surrounding areas nbsp Visit us Pier and Beam Foundation Repair CostCall us - - Email us foundationrepairp gmail comFind us Bridge St Fort Worth TX nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Foundatin Repair Foundation Repair Service Foundation Solutions

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Foundatin-Repair-Foundation-Repair-Service-Foundation/td-p/5643816
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm going to be starting a local computer repair service, so I was just wondering what all software I should keep handy. I will be doing virus and spyware removal, hardware repair, computer setup, operating system installation, and other similar things. I would like to use freeware, because I am a high school senior and do not have much money right now. The main thing I need is some sort of hardware diagnostic tool.

Relevancy 46.87%

I sent in my laptop for screen repair Lenovo revcieved it and stated they would turn it around in days days later I still don't have it and noone seems to know what it going on Last week Monday customer care stated 'We are sorry if you don't heard from us on the status of your laptop by Thursday we will just get you a new one ' Well it's Tuesday and nothing on my laptop All I got last week Wednesday was nbsp Dear ------ nbsp I would like to introduce myself my name is Greg your escalation case manager at Lenovo nbsp I do apologize for any issues you have been experiencing with your YG - ISK nbsp nbsp I will be reviewing you case regarding your depot repair and or onsite case support case nbsp nbsp Please expect the review to take a couple of days and I will be contacting you NO CUSTOMER YOG... OR REPAIR FROM RESPONSE on SERVICE nbsp Best Regards Greg Brethour - - Lenovo NO RESPONSE FROM REPAIR OR CUSTOMER SERVICE on YOG... Case Managerref D V Wu y Vl ref nbsp No status no idea of what is going on and worst of all no return call or e-mail as promised This is hand down the worst experience I have ever had I'm going to have to buy a brand new laptop which I assure you will not be a Lenovo nbsp because they can't service the one they have nbsp nbsp Today I called again which I do every days spoke to some guy in the Philippines who got me to their manager who then said it will be another - hours for a call back This is insane nbsp Figure I'd post for two reasons Any help would be appreciated Don't buy Lenovo nbsp P S Everytime I call Greg it goes straight to voicemail No ring and never a call back

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/NO-RESPONSE-FROM-REPAIR-OR-CUSTOMER-SERVICE-on-YOGA-900/td-p/3339739
Relevancy 46.87%

I'd been struggling with my system freezing up and occasionally throwing the BSOD. The system would boot and run fine for about 2 minutes then it would act like it was being overtaxed, taking 30 seconds or more to respond to screen input. This is a i7 (64bit) processor with 4Gb of RAM and Process Explorer showed no appreciative activity. After hours of safemode tests removing and restoring countless third party services I found a informational error in the event log stating that the Windows Modules Installer had problems starting. So I disabled the WMI service and my system stopped freezing up ran just fine; however now windows Updates won't install. Obviously there is something wrong with the Windows installation subsystem; how do I repair this? I am running Windows 7 Pro

A:How to repair the windows update service

Here's the Services console Description of Windows Modules Installer (TrustedInstaller)
" Enables installation, modification, and removal of Windows updates and optional components. If this service is disabled, install or uninstall of Windows updates might fail for this computer. "

It should actually state " ... will fail for this computer " as TrustedInstaller is the Owner of all of the system files and if it's Disabled no updates will install.

With the WMI service still Disabled, open Windows Update in Control Panel.
Click the Change settings link in the left frame.
Click the drop down window under Important updates and set it to " Never check for updates (not recommended)"
Click OK and agree to the UAC prompt.

Now go back to the WMI service and set it's Startup type: to Manual.
How is the system behaving now ?

If the system is not stable now, then do not do any of the below steps. Instead, run the System File Checker since, according to your posted system specs, Service Pack 1 has not been installed yet - How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

If the system is stable, then go here, download, and save the Fixit - How do I reset Windows Update components
When the download completes close all open programs and web browsers.
With the system connected to the internet, run MicrosoftFixit50202.msi and choose it's Default mode.
Whether prompted to or not, restart the system after the Fixit finishes running.

Is the system stable now after it's been restarted ?
The Fixit should have installed the latest release of the Windows Update Agent and may have reset Windows Update to " Install update automatically (recommended) "
If the Windows Update setting was not changed to the above then please, do not change it yet.
If Windows Update setting was changed and the system is not stable, then set it to Never check for updates once again.

Using Windows Explorer ( Start orb > All Programs > Accessories > Windows Explorer ) navigate to Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
Move all of the contents of the Download subfolder to the Recycle Bin for now.

Go back to Windows Update and set it to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download or install them "
Click OK, agree to the UAC prompt.

Windows Update will then do a check for updates. Is the system stable when it does that ?
If yes, then an issue in the Download subfolder was the cause of the instability.

If the system is not stable now, then run the Fixit once again and choose it's Aggressive mode.

Note: That mode will delete the updates shown on the View update history page of Windows Update but the previously installed updates can still be viewed by either opening Control Panel > System & Security > Windows Update > View installed updates or by opening Programs and Features > View installed updates.
There is no need to reinstall the previously installed updates.

Restart the system after the Fixit finishes running.
Is it stable now ?
If yes, then there was most likely an issue with either the update database (DataStore.edb) or with the updating components Permissions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/169153-how-repair-windows-update-service.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Simple question but can't find an obvious answer on the Lenovo website (that website really does confuse sometimes). My client has cracked the screen on her brand new L460 and it's not covered by accidental warranty so need to get a quote for a repair. Failing Lenovo themselves, any recommendations for repair centres in the UK, North West specifically. Thanks, Rob.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/Does-Lenovo-offer-a-repair-service-in-the-UK/td-p/3453500
Relevancy 46.44%

Bought HP touch screen laptop from Cosctco Canada - got repair and not able to login any windows application.  Sent to HP to repair on April 20th 2016 and still now May 13, 2016 - product says ON HOLD - waiting for parts .... very very poor and worst customer support. Everytime call support - it log in to USA and telling the same story, after half an hour, transfer to Canada Sales ... repeating the same story, providing case ID and Model number, then moved to repair service dept .... The end - Nothing Happend ... same answer, waiting for parts, will be ready after one week ... you will receive notification by email   ....  it could be resovled by best buy or local computer technicians paying $50 bucks, even bought service plan from costco for $90 ....  very much upset about HP service .... 

A:VERY VERY POOR AND WORST SERVICE BY HP REPAIR & TELEPHONE CU...

@DavidSFL

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/VERY-VERY-POOR-AND-WORST-SERVICE-BY-HP-REPAIR-amp-TELEPHONE/td-p/5618432
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm hoping someone here can steer me in the right direction because right now I am seriously frustrated and at the end of my rope with HP Please bear with the details below nbsp nbsp At the beginning of this month I sent my pc to the HP repair center for a touchscreen related issue Other than the center an... Windows from HP not repair after service activated toucscreen issue my pc was Windows not activated after repair from HP service center an... running rather flawlessly When I got my pc back windows which I had upgraded to from windows some months before wouldn't update I could download nothing from the app store and my pc wouldn't allow me to sign in to my Microsoft account I called tech support the tech remotely connected to my pc did some stuff and I finally consented to do a system recovery which reinstalled windows as Windows not activated after repair from HP service center an... that was the original os when nothing else seemed to work nbsp From that point on windows has been informing me that I do not have an active copy of it on my pc and that I either have to enter a new product key or puchase one From there I have spent over a week of my time on the phone with HP I've done about system recoveries none of which have worked obviously and which keep me tied to my pc for hours at a time and no one from HP seems concerned or really willing to help me at all other than giving me the run around and suggesting I do yet another recovery and a whole lot of hmmmm HP does not seem to care at all that my pc was fine until someone on THEIR END screwed it up and now they don't seem very eager to help me with activating windows on my pc nbsp Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do Another number perhaps that is NOT their customer service number which is absolutely awful anymore because at this point I have no idea what to do And after doing yet ANOTHER recovery this evening I am just frustrated beyond belief nbsp PS a tech did tell me that during the touchscreen repair they had replaced the motherboard However another tech told me that this probably has nothing to do with the problem nbsp nbsp

A:Windows not activated after repair from HP service center an...

Hi If the system board / mother board has been replaced then I expect all of the problems stem from there. The "recovery" involves what exactly? The system board gets registered with Microsoft to provide a Licence/Activation key, so if you have an unregistered board then I don't expect you will ever solve this without either buying a key, or convincing HP to correct it for you. So unless you can go back to a registered copy of W 8.X and upgrade to  W10 then you are stuck, hence my query on the word recovery.

Happy 2 [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Windows-not-activated-after-repair-from-HP-service-center/td-p/5603462
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi peeps I have an odd one and was hoping one of you gurus could advise First I ran a setup exe file which I think was a virus or trojan or whatever you call them I double-clicked the file nothing happened but immediately the little red shield appeared and when I clicked on that automatic updates was turned off Tried to turn back on and got message saying could not be started Went into Services and the Automatic Updates services wasn't there Did cntr-alt-del and looked at the processes wuauclt exe wasn't there Ran Malwarebytes Spybot Superantispyware and Avirascan none picked up anything installed on the machine but won't service Updates Automatic start repair without Superantispyware did flag the setup exe file as a false alert and deleted it but not anything that was installed after I clicked the exe file if that makes sense I found a site Automatic Updates service won't start without repair that gave instructions for start and repair of the service I tried the following as CMD net start wuauserv didn't work Tried below saved as a cmd file in notebook didn't work net stop quot Automatic Updates quot del f s Automatic Updates service won't start without repair q windir SoftwareDistribution net start quot Automatic Updates quot wuauclt exe detectnow Tried the following saved as cmd file in notebook and it DID work net stop bits net stop wuauserv windir system regsvr exe s windir system atl dll windir system regsvr exe s windir system jscript dll windir system regsvr exe s windir Automatic Updates service won't start without repair system msxml dll windir system regsvr exe s windir system softpub dll windir system regsvr exe s windir system wuapi dll windir system regsvr exe s windir system wuaueng dll windir system regsvr exe s windir system wuaueng dll windir system regsvr exe s windir system wucltui dll windir system regsvr exe s windir system wups dll windir system regsvr exe s windir system wups dll windir system regsvr exe s windir system wuweb dll net start bits net start wuauserv wuauclt resetauthorization detectnow What's weird though is I need to keep running the above file every time I restart the computer or I get the red shield and windows cannot start automatic updates and the net start wuauserv command doesn't work weeeird Any ideas Something stuck in my registry or restore files maybe Seem an odd thing for a virus to do turn off updates I'm worried it's maybe done something else to the machine that I can see Firewall seems to be ok and avira still running otherwise not getting probs but I've heard of these keyloggers and stuff but what do I know I did a complete reinstall of windows on my machine few weeks ago and have spent ages building it back up Don't want to do that again Don't have a repair function on my machine i e can't repair windows Running XP SP HJT log below thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMWDSrv exe C WINDOWS system lxdjcoms exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system spupdsvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM StacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS ehome medctrro exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Swit... Read more

A:Automatic Updates service won't start without repair

Hi:

We don't work on logs in this forum. But from what I can see you have a least a worm. We can't fix it here.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, please post the requested logs in the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum, not here.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-updates-service-wont-start-without-repair-453765.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Yesterday I tried to install Service Pack 2 for 32bit Vista.

When restarting the screen freezes, showing the following message: !! 0xc0190036 !! 1707/69942 (WMIADAP.EXE)

I've tried running startup repair from a boot disk, but it runs forever (left overnight last time)

The boot disk's system restore doesn't work either - it runs forever on finalising files.

I can't run windows in safe mode either and unfortunately, this is where my rather limited technical expertise (and patience) end!

Is there anything that can be done!? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Can't restore or repair after failed service pack 2 installation

Please post the entire onscreen error message...and tell us at exactly what point it appears.

Am I to understand...that the system appears to install SP2 correctly...and the error surfaces during the reboot after all files have been installed?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409114/cant-restore-or-repair-after-failed-service-pack-2-installation/
Relevancy 46.01%

I propose all repair technicians ban service for Vista outside of removing it... I'm sure some of you will disagree.

A:I propose repair technician ban service for Vista outside of removing it... I'm sure

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-propose-repair-technician-ban-service-for-vista-outside-of-removing-it-im-sure.709189/
Relevancy 46.01%

This item is under warranty and received at the HP Service Center in Jeffersonville, Indiana on Tuesday September 21. Everytime I check the online status it shows "not received". I have proof from UPS that it was signed for at the warehouse dock. I started a chat session last week with someone overseas and they said "my computer is safe, don't worry about it and the status will be updated in 1-2 business days". As of today the status is still the same. I was told since it was returned to the HP Service Center via UPS, they have no way of tracking the return in the system. The service order number is BJDH168901. Can someone please attempt to find my laptop or give me the status if it is being repaired by one of your technicians? Thank You

A:Missing Computer @ Jeffersonville, Indiana Repair Service Ce...

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Missing-Computer-Jeffersonville-Indiana-Repair-Service/td-p/5785760
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

I have just started my own PC/Mac Repair Business.

Is there any way to get a free copy to edit of the fallowing forms or do y'all have any examples that you can send to me to use as an example?

In-Shop PC/Mac Service/Repair Work Order Request Form
Onsite PC/Mac Service/Repair Work Order Request Form
Remote Support Session PC/Mac Service/Repair Work Order Request Form
Data Backup/Recovery Service Request Form/Agreement
Diagnostic and Repair Technician Checklist
Custom Desktop PC Build Service Order Request Form
Labor/Sales Invoice/Receipt Form

Can someone please help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-mac-service-repair-work-order-request-form.1139816/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, I am looking for my Acer Extensa 7630EZ some manuals like: Service manualRepair manualMaintenance manualDisassembluy manual I have already find on acer website the GENERIC user guide and the quick start guide but it doesn't help me to get informations about components, cpu upgrade capabilities and so on. Thanks For your help. Olivier

http://community.acer.com/t5/Extensa/Acer-Extensa-7630ez-Service-Repair-maintenance-disassembly/td-p/451167
Relevancy 46.01%

Repair Windows Installer Service in Vista All Versions This is just to help folks that may be experiencing something similar to the post found here Repair Windows Installer Service in Vista All Versions When you try to install a new app or remove add programs by using Add or Remove Programs in VISTA you may receive the following error message quot There is a problem with this Windows Installer package A program required for this install to complete could not be run or refused to run the uninstall Service Repair Vista Windows Versions) in (All Installer from control panel Contact your support personal or package vendor quot Some of this has been Repair Windows Installer Service in Vista (All Versions) gleaned from a Microsoft post that was not quite on-spot for this issue but relevant in some part if you care to read it - You may receive Error when you try to remove programs by using Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP THE RESOLUTION To resolve this issue perform the steps in the quot Reregister the Windows Installer service quot section If you experience the issue after you perform these steps you may also have to perform the steps in the quot Run System File Checker quot section I had run the quot Run System File Checker quot Register the Windows Installer Repair Windows Installer Service in Vista (All Versions) service Log on to the computer as local administrator Click Start click Run type cmd exe and then click OK or Start search cmd rightclick run as administrator At the command prompt type msiexec unregister and then press ENTER At the command prompt type msiexec regserver and then press ENTER At the command prompt type exit and then press ENTER to close the command prompt Remove the software program from Add or Remove Programs Run System File Checker The System File Checker Sfc exe utility is used for scanning protected operating system files to verify their version and integrity If System File Checker detects any operating system file with the incorrect file version it replaces the corrupted file with a file that has the correct version from the Windows installation source files To use System File Checker follow these steps Click Start click Run type cmd exe and then click OK At the command prompt type sfc purgecache and then press ENTER NOTE THIS MAY NOT BE AN OPTION just continue the process with - sfc scannow Note You may be prompted to provide Windows installation source files when you run the sfc purgecache command If the command is completed successfully you will receive the following message Windows File Protection successfully made the requested change At the command prompt type sfc scannow and then press ENTER Note This command may take several minutes to finish You may also be prompted to provide Windows installation source files when you run the sfc scannow command At the command prompt type exit and then press ENTER to close the command prompt Remove the software program from Add or Remove Programs Dont miss this --- gt RESTART THE COMPUTER Hope this helps Marty

A:Repair Windows Installer Service in Vista (All Versions)

Hello, and welcome to the Vista Forums!

Thank you so much for this! It was very nicely written and researched. May I just add my 2 cents, to provide a full fix.

1. At the command prompt, type msiexec /unregister , and then press ENTER.
2. At the command prompt, type msiexec /regserver, and then press ENTER.
3. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to close the command prompt.
4. Remove the software program from Add or Remove Programs.

sfc /purgecache

Sadly these no longer work in Windows Vista and 7. All of these switches have been removed. These are Windows XP fixes, and do not apply.

Moreover, you are missing just the tiniest bit. Many service errors come from the registry.

I shall post a registry fix this evening. If the services are corrupt in the registry, they won't work! They need to be added back. I cannot find a copy of the registry script in these five seconds, and so I shall re-make it this evening.

Again, please don't take this to heart. We are always looking for new members, especially ones who can write so well, and I am just adding to your post, to provide a really top notch, and full soltution. If you are looking for a bit of training, or have any questions about anything, perhaps you are particulary interested in this registry script, then do contact me, or post on the forum, depeding on what is appropriate

Thanks so much!

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/285847-repair-windows-installer-service-vista-all-versions.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Last fall I initiated a download of a service update for my computer and walked away to go about my day When I returned to the computer it was stuck in a loop something like this Computer Running AutoChk Me Fine whatever you want to do Computer AutoChk Not Found Me Computer FATAL ERROR lt blue screen with ominous and confusing error location description gt Me Crap My wife had a baby shortly thereafter and I have not gotten around to servicing the inoperable computer until now I'm trying to repair windows off of the install disk that came with the computer Here's what I'm dealing with Computer Welcome to Setup To repair a Windows XP Windows XP installation pack after help with Need repair service failed installation using Recovery Console press R Me Ok quot R quot Computer C WINDOWS Which Windows installation would you like to log onto lt To cancel press ENTER gt Me Well it seems that I want to log onto option quot quot Computer Type the Administrator password Me I guess you are talking about my log on since I've had you since you were a little baby quot quot Computer The password is not valid Please retype the password Me I have no idea what you're talking about Let's make sure Need help with Windows XP repair after failed service pack installation this isn't a case sensitive issue quot quot Computer The password is not valid Please retype the password Me Oh come on now Don't be like that quot quot Computer An invalid password has been entered times Need help with Windows XP repair after failed service pack installation To restart your computer press ENTER Me You're fired I hate you You're a amp ing piece of Anyone know any tricks here I'm trying to preserve the music files that I've had since the old Napster days in college

A:Need help with Windows XP repair after failed service pack installation

slipstream the sp into the windows disk with nlite

http://www.nliteos.com/download.html

then use the slipstreamed disk to run a repair install

to do a repair install
set the bios to boot from cd first
pop in the disk
reboot
choose install
ignore the first repair option and continue with install
when windows finds the previous installation
then do the repair

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-with-windows-xp-repair-after-failed-service-pack-installation-352513.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Build 14291

Ran sfc and received the error message as posted in the title.

Ran this net start trustedinstaller in elevated command prompt. No help.

However, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth completed successfully.

So, how to fix the sfc issue, without the log ?

A:Windows Resource protection could not start the repair service

Same problem for me on build 14291, log file indicates wrpint.dll at fault

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/44594-windows-resource-protection-could-not-start-repair-service.html
Relevancy 45.58%

As the title suggests - my invoice specifically says 3yrs warranty was purchased with my M3800 in November 2014. I'm now showing as out of warranty after 2yrs
I'm having issues with a screen that was replaced in May/June 2016 and would like a replacement as I believe the unit is faulty. Please can you get in touch to resolve.
Thank you.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19997367
Relevancy 45.58%

I am a year owner of an X that still runs strong nbsp I wanted something bigger and lighter I ordered model X non-yoga it had a poor FHD display screen fuzzy text don't Depot or X1 service repair request Yoga 2016 repla... get FHD instead get the QHD and had issues resuming from sleep Lenovo X1 Yoga 2016 Depot repair service or request repla... sent me a replacement had same issues I sent both back No issues with the return process very easy and free because they were defective nbsp Now I ordered a X Yoga because I want to be awesome and show off my touch screen degree swivel to cute girls in my class The QHD display is amazing looks just like a macbook pro retina display I close the lid or put the laptop to sleep mode open the lid it turns on with blank screen and beeps beeps three times Everytime I sleep it I have to manually hold power button to restart laptop Nice Also sometimes the display driver crashes and gives a prompt telling me that it crashed Another thing is that sometimes when I put it in tablet mode and back to laptop mode it thinks its still in tablet mode Other than these issues I've noticed within one day of using it no idea what else is yet to come lol the laptop is so so so awesome for reals nbsp That said should I send it into Lenovo Depot for repair service or get a replacement I've read bad reviews on the depot service on this forum At the same time I don't want Lenovo to send me another defective laptop as was my experience with my X non-yoga nbsp nbsp What should I do Solved Go to Solution

A:X1 Yoga 2016 Depot repair service or request repla...

Lenovo has released a BIOS version, v1.10, that resolves failures to resume from sleep mode in X1 Yoga and X1 Carbon 2016 (Machine types: 20FB, 20FC).

Version 1.10
[Problem fixes]
- Fixed an issue where the computer might not resume normal operation from sleep
state due to the inconsistent BIOS setting of security chip.

It can be downloaded here: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/DS111756

Thank you,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-2016-Depot-repair-service-or-request-replacement-does/td-p/2267126
Relevancy 45.58%

- Currently using OS windows bit - orignal OS was windows bit - The OS windows update came in automatically - Age of the hardware about months - Age of OS installation about month - I have reinstalled the couple of times with no luck - My cpu is Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz - Graphic cards INTEL R HD Ghraphics and Nvidia GeForce GTX M - System manufacturar is Asus i think - serialnumber F N CV C I bought this laptop about two months ago since then ive gotten constant BOSD errors nothing I did seemed to do anything I decided to send it laptop) old month at please repair (2 with service twice Constant BOSD, help luck, no to the repair service with no luck twice They ran a bunch of memtests and etc but found nothing wrong with it I had Constant BOSD, twice at repair service with no luck, please help (2 month old laptop) to pay for postal and diagnostic costs This is so frustruating please any kind souls of there please be kind as to help me solve this annoying issue here are the two files i zipped I really appreciate any kind of help im a student really dependent on this laptop Here is also a screenshot from my current BOSD Screenshot by Lightshot Documents zip

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/constant-bosd-twice-at-repair-service-with-no-luck-please-help-2-month-old-laptop-1045513.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a laptop which is having difficulty with Resource could service the Windows SFC Protection not Scannow start repair explorer hanging or restarting I have SFC Scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service scanned with ESET and also Superantispyware and it is registering as clean Although it was infected by malware over a year ago which was SFC Scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service cleaned and all seemed well I have tried to run sfc scannow and had the message above It wont run either in recovery environment or in normal mode The laptop is running Windows HP bit There SFC Scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service is a problem by the look of it on the components registry hive which has not updated since March all other hives seem to be up to date Internet Explorer had loads of installed junky toolbars and plugins which I have disabled and removed I installed Firefox to avoid all the junk to use as a cleaner browser whilst troubleshooting The laptop browses the internet OK but tends to be very slow on refreshing web pages at times Any help you can give would be most appreciated J

A:SFC Scannow Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service

Instructions for a Windows 7 Repair installation.

A Windows 7 Repair Installation will require a installation disc.

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation disc you can download a free legal ISO image of Windows 7 SP1 at  Windows 7 Forums.  You will need to download the same version of Windows 7 that you have installed,  This image is hosted by the Digital River store which is an official distribution partner of Microsoft.  This is a genuine untouched image which is safe to download. 

Attention:  If you do have a Windows installation disc, skip Part A and go to Part B, Step 1b.

Part A, Steps 1a - 6a

How to burn ISO image using Windows Burn Disk Image.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close. 

Please note:  In order to boot from this DVD you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Part B, Steps 1b - 10b

1b)  Place the installation disc in the tray of the CD/DVD drive, close the tray and restart the computer.

2b)  You will be prompted to press any key to start the installation, I find the space bar handy.

At this point the setup process will load files, this will take several minutes.

3b)  You will now need to choose the  Language, Time, currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you'd like to use.

After this is done click on Next.

4b)  Click on the Repair your computer link at the bottom-left of the Install Windows window.

This link will begin the Windows 7 System Recovery Options.

5b)  System Recovery Options will now search your hard drive(s) for any Windows 7 installations.  This will take several minutes.

No participation is required on your part at this time, wait till it has finished and the next window opens.

6b)  Choose the Windows 7 installation that you'd like to perform the Startup Repair on, then click on Next

7b)  Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

For a future reference, there are several other diagnostic and recovery tools available in the Windows 7 System Recovery Options including System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic, and Command Prompt.

8b)  The Startup Repair tool will now search for problems in the system files.

If Startup Repair finds a problem with any system files the tool may suggest a solution which you will need to confirm, or may solve the problem automatically.

9b)  Startup Repair will now attempt to repair whatever problems it found with system files.  

Note:  If Startup Repair did not find any problems with system files you won't see this step.

Important: Your computer may or may not restart several times during this repair process.  This is normal, yo... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554515/sfc-scannow-windows-resource-protection-could-not-start-the-repair-service/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Dell XPS M1530 with VIsta home 32 bit.  I did a Windows update and now I cannot boot. I get stuck in the Windows Error Recovery screen and I am unable to run start up repair or start windows normally.  My optical drive was broken but I replaced it to see if i could just reinstall windows and be done with it but that doesnt work either. I also have a power supply that gives me an error every time I boot. I am not sure where to start. My problems seem to keep getting worse.
Thanks!

A:Vista home 32 bit service pack update stuck on startup repair

Hi artoodles,
I’d suggest you to run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.Turn on or restart the computer.Immediately at the Dell logo screen, starting tapping the <F12> key once a second until the One Time Boot menu appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).At the One Time Boot menu, press the <Down> arrow key to highlight Diagnostics, PSA+ or Enter ePSA, then press <Enter> to begin the PSA.Write down any error codes listed. Reply to us with the error codes.
Also, I would suggest you to boot the system into ‘Advanced options’ (F8 during startup) screen and try booting up the system from ‘Last Known good configuration’.

If you have not altered the hard drive partitions on the system then you can restore the system to factory state by following the link below.
 http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/555/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?c=us&l=en&s=biz&docid=DSN_336966#Issue3

Note: Restoring the original factory image erases ALL existing data. This includes files, folders, programs, drivers, E-mails, photos. Before performing a PC Restore, back up all personal files by contacting a local technician. If you do not back up your personal files, the data will be lost.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504945/vista-home-32-bit-service-pack-update-stuck-on-startup-repair/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I've been unable to access my custom build computer since around yesterday I chose to restart my computer at around that time just because it was slowing up a little and I usually do that to help I had not installed any updates or new programs since days ago when there had been a few windows updates Upon returning to my computer I noticed that it had been unable to startup and had gone straight into system repair with it with repair Can't loop system - Startup repair restore/repair/commands being 'unable to repair this computer automatically ' I rebooted several times and noticed that it was not a visible BSOD but as soon as the 'starting windows' icon began to appear it went straight into startup repair I tried to boot into safe mode tried to load previous good configuration and all of the other advanced recovery options including system restore image and many command prompts This is what it shows after being unable to repair automatically Problem signature name Startup repair Startup repair loop - Can't repair with system restore/repair/commands offline Problem signature Problem signature Problem signature unknown Problem signature Problem signature Autofailover Problem signature Problem signature Corrupt file then my O S version Locale ID This diagnostic occurs every single time I run the startup repair Also command prompts I have tried using the WindowsRE command prompt and the one found on the 'repair your Startup repair loop - Can't repair with system restore/repair/commands PC' option on the windows installation disk are -All bootrec exe fixmbr rebuildbcd scanOs fixboot to crop up with the message 'completed successfully' and 'installations of windows ' -Chkdsks of my D disk where my files and windows are located now - sfc scannow which also shows no problems either -moving the SAM BOOT Software files using a guide I found on these forums I have sufficient anti-virus protection and must stress I didn't download any new software yesterday however I do frequently run the registry cleaner option of CCleaner if that is of any importance Again all efforts to bypass the load and boot into safe mode or with last good config all just automatically lead me into startup repair with a seemingly infinite loop of 'could not repair this computer automatically' If it must come to it I am willing to do a windows complete reinstall if that is the only way to resolve this but I just wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions of commands for me to try or anything like that I see a lot of people having this 'looping system repair' issue but their's were resolved I am not much of a tech whizz and I just want to know what the issue is if it was by one of my fault's so I don't mess it up again and how to solve it I have never had this issue before it was completely random and I build my PC from scratch in January If you need any more information please let me know Thanks I am running Windows Ultimate x bit and my HDD is connected via SATA GB S Braefost

A:Startup repair loop - Can't repair with system restore/repair/commands

Have you tried copying over the backed up reg hives from the regback folder? Follow steps 8 onwards in this tut.

Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/172357-startup-repair-loop-cant-repair-system-restore-repair-commands.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a minor problem with my Lenovo laptop (Vista OS). I may have self-inflicted this one.

Each time I want to fire up my wireless, I have to click on the icon and do a "repair." It then pokes around and says "do you want to run windows wireless" I say yes, and it is off the races.

But the service does not start itself upon boot up.

Now, confessions time, a few weeks ago, in an effort to speed up the boot up (which was VERY slow), I followed the advice of some tech postings and either disabled or set to manual start some of the services. I must have nicked the zero wireless, but for the life of me I can't see which one it is by the descriptions.

Suggestions? I hate to run ALL the services back on. The sytem does boot up and even shut down faster.

Thanks in advance.

Robb

A:Glitch with Windows Wireless Service - Have to "repair" it each time

Hello RP Lightfoot

Ok now i believe it might have been effected by the services setting WLAN

1. Start\Run
2. Type Services.msc and hit enter
3. Find WLAN Auto Config
4. Start the service
5. Reboot and repost

Regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/glitch-with-windows-wireless-service-have-to-repair-it-each-time-218717.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello My win10) repair your (Repair repair screen Automatic PC couldnt pc is C Touch All-in-One Lenovo Operating system Windows I can't run my PC every time i Automatic repair couldnt repair your PC (Repair screen win10) try to run it shows me Automatic repair couldnt repair your PC (Repair screen win10) blue screen wrote on it quot Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC Press quot Advanced options quot to try other options to repair your PC or quot Shut down quot to turn off your PC Log file System Logfiles Srt SrtTrail txt quot I tried to use the most options but none of them worked such as System restore every time i click on it it says System restore could not find the offline boot volume Please ensure it is currently accessible By the way before one day since this problem happened i created system restore point My pc is Lenovo while running it i clicked F and it opened for me Onekey Recovery its Lenovo Tool it has option called initial backup but i dont know if it backup from the system restore point i've created or what exactly Please help i need to solve it ASAP i have many important university files on my PC and i don't need to lose them NOTICE I tried all the options in the repair screen such as quot Reset this PC quot quot Startup repair quot and more all of them give me message when i click on them please if u want know what message i get let me know what option and ill write it because too many erorrs and i got a dvd contain install of windows ISO file and able to run it on my pc

A:Automatic repair couldnt repair your PC (Repair screen win10)

You might be better off doing a clean install. You won't need to enter the key as its already been associated with your computer.

Backup any files you want to keep first.

I am not certain but it may take the install files from the recovery partition (perhaps someone can confirm this), I know this worked with a recent HP job I did.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40915-automatic-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc-repair-screen-win10.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hiya There is a flaw in the Winsock Proxy service in Microsoft Proxy Server and the Microsoft Firewall service in ISA Server that would allow an attacker on the internal network to send a specially crafted packet that would cause the server to stop responding to internal and external requests Receipt of such a packet would cause Denial Service Service Cause Can ISA Winsock Service Firewall Of In Flaw Proxy And CPU utilization on the server to reach and thus make the server unresponsive The Winsock Proxy service and Microsoft Firewall service work with FTP telnet mail Flaw In Winsock Proxy Service And ISA Firewall Service Can Cause Denial Of Service news Internet Relay Chat IRC or other client applications that are compatible with Flaw In Winsock Proxy Service And ISA Firewall Service Can Cause Denial Of Service Windows Sockets Winsock These services allow these applications to perform as if they were directly connected to the Internet These services redirect the necessary communications functions to a Proxy Server or ISA Server computer thus establishing a communication path from the internal application to the Internet through it Maximum Severity Rating Important Affected Software Microsoft Proxy Server Microsoft ISA Server Download locations for this patch Proxy Server http microsoft com downloads deta B - FB- EB-BAFD- A D E amp displaylang en ISA Server English http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang en French http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang fr German http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang de Spanish http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang es Japanese http microsoft com downloads deta D -A - - B - C amp displaylang ja http www microsoft com technet treeview default asp url technet security bulletin MS - asp Regards eddie nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flaw-in-winsock-proxy-service-and-isa-firewall-service-can-cause-denial-of-service.128151/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I have win8 Enterprise. when i connection to internet two service with names service host: Network service and service host: local system download automatically, i thought that it relate to windows update but automatic update is off and my windows is up to date. what is the problem? what can i do that stop them's download?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/11893-service-host-network-service-service-host-local-system-download-auto.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I repair startup failures in startup stuck repair, repair, vista am using my cellphone because my computer is stuck in startup repair mode I have windows vista I stuck in startup repair, vista startup repair, repair failures can choose repair or normal both run start up repair It always fails after multiple attempts I chose advanced options after failures and tried to do a hard drive restore to several different dates It always says its successful and restarts but goes into startup repair again every time I have called ms tech support and not surprisingly my problem requires advanced help that costs money They did have me restart and push f to launch safe mode but it ended up in startup repair also I have agreed to pay them but set up an appt for next tues They said i can cancel and get my money back if i want They said my problem is fixable and my photos and files will be there I just feel like i may have a better option and I m hoping this website is it I can restart my computer and give the details if its needed I am desperately seeking your help and would definitely donate if you can fix my computer and i dont have to pay ms I am not a computer idiot but definitely NO expert nbsp

A:stuck in startup repair, vista startup repair, repair failures

Hi, check the following link.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392/en-gb
Boot from the Vista DVD
Follow the link above to reach - Command Prompt.
At Command Prompt - Type.
bootrec.exe
Press Enter.
It will now give you some options.
Type
bootrec /fixmbr
Press Enter.
Let it finish fixing the Master Boot Record.
Type Exit and exit Command Prompt [remove the DVD] and restart you pc.

If the above does not work - use the DVD and back to Command Prompt.
Type
bootrec /fixboot
Press Enter
Let it finish fixing the boot sector.
Type Exit and exit Command Prompt [remove the DVD] and restart you pc.

I would try and back up any needed data and files first, before you do the above.
How to use Linux live Cd to backup files from a dead Pc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-startup-repair-vista-startup-repair-repair-failures.1139114/
Relevancy 35.69%

Windows failed to start startup repair cannot repair this computer safe mode cannot load chkdsk freezes sfc scan cannot perform the requested operation Hi I cannot start my Windows at all With power on the system tries to load up but ' windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause' Trying to open safe mode or last good configuration doesn't work it goes automatically to startup repair but after about an hour trying it says ' Windows Startup Repair Cannot Repair This Computer ' tried a few times After another reboot with a windows repair disk in the drive I managed to open the recovery manager this cannot start, mode Windows computer, startup to repair safe failed repair cannot from the DVD instead of the HDD and tried all the options - system recovery does not work i have no previous images of the system I ran a scan on Windows failed to start, startup repair cannot repair this computer, safe mode cannot the memory - it was all clear but still windows not starting Then I did CHKDSK and it froze at on stage of that happened a couple of times so I decided to run an sfc scannow but another error 'Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation' So I'm totally stuck and don't know where to go next I've got no windows installation disk only repair disk Any ideas would be much appreciated

A:Windows failed to start, startup repair cannot repair this computer, safe mode cannot

Hi and welcome to TSF what is the make and model of the computer,is just a repair disc or is it a recovery disc does your machine have a recovery partition,have you tried removing and reseating the ram or running any diagnostic test like memtest 86 + or seatools for dos

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-failed-to-start-startup-repair-cannot-repair-this-computer-safe-mode-cannot-654592.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a Packard Bell easynote (TM98-GN-030UK), and have had it since Christmas.

On Wednesday, it failed to startup, flashing a quick blue screen and then immediately rebooting. Therefore I cannot get information from the blue screen.
The startup repair option goes to a default blue screen with green nature-y bits. It loads no options, even if I leave it for an hour.

I have tried the system repair disk. It goes to the same background, asks for my language/keyboard settings, and then when I click 'next' again does nothing.

So, I cannot access any kind of repair or restore options as neither does anything beyond show me the default background.
Thanks,
Alsvid

A:Both Startup Repair and System Repair Disc just go to blue backgrounds - no options given!

Have you read the...PB documentation on using these disks?

http://il.packardbell.com/pb/en/IL/content/download

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397148/both-startup-repair-and-system-repair-disc-just-go-to-blue-backgrounds-no-options-given/
Relevancy 35.69%

We have a VGC-LS25E Series Sony Vaio desktop computer. When we attempt to start, start up fails and when we run start up repair, the error message says start up repair cannot repair this computer automatically. When we view problem details we recieve a message saying problem event name: StartupRepairV2 followed by 10 problem signatures.
Problem signature 01: AutoFailover
Problem signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
Problem signature 03: 6
Problem signature 04: 1310740
Problem signature 05: NoRootCause
Problem signature 06: NoRootCause
Problem signature 07: 0
Problem signature 08: 1
Problem signature 09: SystemRestore
Problem signature 10: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1003

Please help? What should we do next?

A:Vista startup repair cannot repair this computer-- problem event name StartupRepairV2

Please stop posting the same thing over and over. Once is enough. Be patient. Someone will reply in Vista startup repair cannot repair this computer-- problem event name StartupRepairV2.

I'm requesting this thread also be deleted.

Anyone responding, please use the above thread instead of this one.

Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/285716-vista-startup-repair-cannot-repair-computer-problem-event-name-startuprepairv2.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,

I have a problem with my HP Pavilion MS228UK. When I power it on, it runs Startup Repair and then gives me the mesage 'Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically'. In the details all the tests were completed successfully with error codes '0x0' except the last one which gave 'error code 0x490' with the message 'No OS files found on disc'. I ran the memory diagnostic tool which found no faults. I have tried to boot system recovery using F11 but that is not working either.

All help appreciated
Thanks

A:Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically(No OS files found on disc)

Does the BIOS detect the hard drive? Is there a hard drive diagnostic that can be run (there usually is when a memory diagnostic is also included)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-repair-cannot-repair-this-computer-automatically-no-os-files-found-on-disc.1107190/
Relevancy 35.69%

I need some help, please.
I couldn't find Windows 7 Repair Disc / Repair System / rewrite MBR for x64
Can you give me some advices, please ?
Thank you

A:couldn't find Windows 7 Repair Disc / Repair System / rewrite MBR

Please give us the exact problem you're experiencing if there is one.

Otherwise: System Repair Disk
System Repair Disc - Create
System Recovery Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/197630-couldnt-find-windows-7-repair-disc-repair-system-rewrite-mbr.html
Relevancy 35.69%

My problem started last night as I was trying to boot in safe mode with networking to install and update malwarebytes to get rid of a spyware problem I was unable to start my computer with safemode using f so I used the misconfig boot ini method and selected safeboot with networking Then I was able to get to the boot sequence menu but whichever option I picked safe mode normal last working configuration etc the computer just restarts Then I tried to repair windows with the xp cd and it completed at and needed to quot repair safe after conflicts -- mode win windows & repair access Cannot setup restart to finish the setup process quot However right now whenever it restarts it will automatically go into safe mode and I would get an alert saying quot win xp setup cannot run under safemode Setup will restart now quot I have tried pressing okay x-ing it out and a manual shutdown But whatever I do the same cycle will happen Cannot access windows after win repair -- safe mode & repair setup conflicts over and over again I later found out about the f key and tried using that to boot normally but it still goes into safe mode My question is is there a way to override the msconfig settings so that my computer can boot normally and finish the setup process OR to get the setup NOT to finish so that I can change the msconfig settings back to original I would really like to backup my files before doing a reformat Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Cannot access windows after win repair -- safe mode & repair setup conflicts

First of all you could use any Linux Live-cd program to make a bootable cd from a downloaded iso file and then boot to Linux and then copy and paste whatever files you need to a usb flash drive or external hard drive.
What I would suggest first though is boot to first "r" for Recovery Console and run "chkdsk /r" to repair the hard drive.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-windows-after-win-repair-safe-mode-repair-setup-conflicts.884994/
Relevancy 35.69%

We have a VGC-LS25E Series Sony Vaio desktop computer. When we attempt to start, start up fails and when we run start up repair, the error message says start up repair cannot repair this computer automatically. When we view problem details we recieve a message saying problem event name: StartupRepairV2 followed by 10 problem signatures.
Problem signature 01: AutoFailover
Problem signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386.6.0.6001.18000
Problem signature 03: 6
Problem signature 04: 1310740
Problem signature 05: NoRootCause
Problem signature 06: NoRootCause
Problem signature 07: 0
Problem signature 08: 1
Problem signature 09: SystemRestore
Problem signature 10: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1003

Please help? What should we do next?

A:Vista startup repair cannot repair this computer-- problem event name StartupRepairV2

Hi jessie,
Did you get any factory recovery disc's when you purchased the PC, Or do you have any repair disc's from microsoft, If you do, try them, Try going into safe mode and doing a system restore,let me know how you do, good luck patch41

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285714-vista-startup-repair-cannot-repair-computer-problem-event-name-startuprepairv2.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi all - my laptop refuses to boot and when I start in repair mode I get the BSOD with just the cursor visible and nothing happens If I reboot in safe mode then it hangs at windows system drivers bootdefragdriver sys I have researched and believe this driver is linked to Glarys Utilities but am obviously unable to uninstall the program or driver because I can't boot into Windows I therefore downloaded an ISO file and created a USB boot disk as per one of your tutorials with the intention of rebooting option mode, no boot repair repair BSOD but disk upon UBS created into repair mode but when I boot from the USB BSOD upon repair mode, UBS boot disk created but no repair option and press F there is no repair mode option All it does BSOD upon repair mode, UBS boot disk created but no repair option it try to reinstall windows from scratch which I am reluctant to do Does anybody have any suggestions of how I can either delete the bad driver if that is indeed the problem or how I can still get into repair mode from the USB drive Many thanks

A:BSOD upon repair mode, UBS boot disk created but no repair option

I think if you don't want to reinstall then you could try booting the laptop with a Linux live cd/usb and renaming/deleting bootdefragdriver.sys and seeing if that helps

Peppermint Live CD/DVD/USB - Create for Emergency Backup

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365995-bsod-upon-repair-mode-ubs-boot-disk-created-but-no-repair-option.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I installed Roxio Easy media creator a from Easy windows repair Media after repair creator Error Roxio 7 through while ago and I Error from Roxio Easy Media creator 7 after repair through windows repair just did a windows xp repair but now roxio keeps Error from Roxio Easy Media creator 7 after repair through windows repair bringing up this message Please wait while windows configures Roxio Easy media creator basic DVD edition - The only opton is cancel If I cancel it keeps coming Error from Roxio Easy Media creator 7 after repair through windows repair up If I let it run through it says quot Error no valid source could be found for product Roxio Easy media creator basic DVD edition windows cannot continue quot then goes back to the first message and tries again Roxio still works perfectly fine when I open it from desktop or start however whenever I open a browser or try and rename a folder or save something it comes up with the error mentioned earlier it just keeps doing this and stops me continuing my work I have lost my Roxio cd so I can t install the disk to fix this problem I found however my Roxio disk so I tried just removing Roxio using add remove programs but this just brings up the same error and wont uninstall does anyone know how to stop this message coming up note roxio works fine I just want to stop the error message- but failing that does anyone know how to get rid of the program altogether thanks for your time Miki nbsp

A:Error from Roxio Easy Media creator 7 after repair through windows repair

I encountered the same problem awhile back; it's a known bug with the Windows Installer.
MOPER made this suggestion & it worked perfectly for me. Give it a try..

Download the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility.
here

Install and run it, look for an entry similar to "WordPerfect". Delete the entry and all should be fine.
[*] NOTE: Please replace "WordPerfect" with the name you got from the Windows Installer"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-from-roxio-easy-media-creator-7-after-repair-through-windows-repair.423020/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello what is the repair cost for the Repair socket Whats Sandy repair - Bridge? CPU motherboard for cost repairing a CPU socket on a Sandy Bridge motherboard Sadly i didnt know my motherboard had a damaged CPU socket until the reseller told me and therefore they also refused a refund wich also was the reason i sent it back to them in the first place same day as i recieved it when i later on read on hardware forums that intel recalled all Sandy Bridge motherboards Sadly these kinds of damages is not covered by the warranty and I have also Repair motherboard CPU socket - Whats the repair cost for Sandy Bridge? been told that i wont get a refund and its my word against their and really I dont see how I could have damaged the CPU socket when i didnt even had ordered a CPU yet But not much to do against a big company and therefore i would like to know what the cost is to repair a CPU socket on a motherboard I have read on some other forums like xtremesystems that moderators there telling that its about a cost on repairing or replacing the motherboard CPU socket and I would like anyone here to confirm this for me or what other kind of prices there is for repairs that is not covered by the warranty and sadly my reseller didnt accept the motherboard and told me i damaged it which i didnt but i cant proof that they are lying so Is it true that there is about a cost for repairing or replacing a CPU socket on a motherboard and if not what is the cost nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/repair-motherboard-cpu-socket-whats-the-repair-cost-for-sandy-bridge.161233/
Relevancy 35.69%

Firstly thanks 0x5 Startup to Repair errors Repair loops, & reboot infinite 0x490 for reading My PC runs Windows x I built it myself about a year ago for gaming Occasionally running games I would BSOD and it would suck I'd update all my drivers or try some game-specific fix and usually if I didn't fix it I would just start playing something else until I remembered it and Startup Repair to infinite reboot loops, Repair errors 0x5 & 0x490 by then some Windows update or my own tweaking or just divine providence would have stopped the bluescreens A few games like GTA IV Bioshock Infinite and Spec Ops The Line remain unplayable for me as they constantly bluescreen no matter my alterations or updates but that's another story My problem is with Startup Repair I was playing Max Payne last night all was well then BSOD To note I never actually see the blue screen the video cuts and the audio stutters for a moment then the computer restarts But in the dmp files they're always reported as BSODs Anyway I restart and do some other stuff then turn it off for the night Today I turn the PC on and it prompts me to Start Windows Normally or launch Startup Repair I chose to repair thinking it was probably time I let Windows have a shot at it for once Well I'm sitting a feet away and watching the screen right now and it's going through the third consecutive automatic repair In the past few hours I've run memory diagnostic gone through the Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery thread with the MD mybackup stuff attempted chkdsk can't due to a lack of write privileges even after DISKPART - gt - gt attribute volume clear readonly re-seated the hardware disconnected the case fans removed unnecessary USBs took out Wacom tablet and controller left Logitech G network adapter and Logitech keyboard receiver and done two system restores to several days earlier While I was typing the next System Repair completed I'm looking at the diagnostic details now and all the actions completed successfully excepting where the Root Cause was found It says the boot manager failed to find the OS loader File Repair failed with error code x and Boot Configuration Data Store Repair failed with error code x Now everything I've tried has been sourced from threads like these where users solved their issues Sorry to sound pressuring I'm just hoping to end this nonsense Thanks for the consideration

A:Startup Repair to infinite reboot loops, Repair errors 0x5 & 0x490

Post back a screenshot of your maximized Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image - Windows 7 Help Forums so we can check your disk config.

If you can complete collecting the info requested in Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 Forums post it up in Crashes forum if this thread is not moved there.

Otherwise work through these same steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start which try everything to repair unstable Win7 including hardware tests if indicated, and if necessary getting a baseline perfect Clean Reinstall.

You also want to do your System repairs only from the WIn7 DVD (provided) or System Repair Disk, not the automatic repair which depends on possibly corrupted files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288849-startup-repair-infinite-reboot-loops-repair-errors-0x5-0x490.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I took delivery of a new (and expensive!) PC in January but last week it started giving me constant and varied errors.

The isssues range from Blue screen, black screen, failing to load windows, startup repair needed often, system restore needed often, and when it does load windows there are various error messages.
System info:
Intel Core i5 2500K
Win 7 Home Premium 64bit
Original OS installed on the system, an OEM version
PC just a few weeks old

Any help and guidance is much appreciated...

A:BSOD, Startup Repair, System Repair and other errors on nearlly new PC

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

If you have Raid > update its Driver.
Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215610-bsod-startup-repair-system-repair-other-errors-nearlly-new-pc.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi,

My system recently got infected with a virus and i cleaned it using my antivirus software but my command prompt is acting weird.

Example:

I open command prompt and it gets directed to my "c:\documents and settings\admin\> ping 17.120.0.1" when i ping my router from here its able to ping no problem.

Now i type in 

"c:\documents and settings\admin\>cd c:\
 c:\>ping 17.120.0.1
 c:\>ping 17.120.0.27
 c:\>
 c:\>cls"

It automatically pings another ip and clears it repeatedly

What should i do and how to replace/repair command prompt without running a OS repair.

OR IS MY COMPUTER STILL INFECTED

A:Ways to repair/replace command prompt other than a OS repair due to infection

What do you get if you type:

dir c:\ping.*

at any command prompt?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508783/ways-to-repairreplace-command-prompt-other-than-a-os-repair-due-to-infection/
Relevancy 35.26%

HELP I computer wont cannot Startup this bootup....jxl repair automatically repair - have an Acer desktop running Windows SP When I try to start it up I get the Windows Error Recovery screen Windows failed to start I launched the recovery option it runs for about mins with the message Startup Repair cannot repair the computer Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically - wont bootup....jxl automatically Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature x f OS Version Locale ID Startup Repair Diagnosis and Repair Log displays the following details Last successful boot time PM GMT Number of repair attempts Session details System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows AutoChk Run Number of root causes Test Performed Name Check for updates Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name System disk test Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Disk failure diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Disk metadata test Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Volume content check Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Boot manager diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Target OS test Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name System boot log diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Event log diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Boot status test Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Registry hives test Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Setup state check Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Windows boot log diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Bugcheck analysis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Root cause found Unknown Bugcheck Bugcheck f Parameters xd x x x Repair action System files integrity check and repair Result Failed Error Code x Time Taken ------------------------------------------ I have tried it a number of times I have seen two other errors during this BSOD STOP X F and I was able to get into SAFE MODE a couple of time with one showing me FAILURE CONFIGURING WINDOWS UPDATES REVERTING CHANGES First time it just shutdown the system I went back into Safe Mode and the reverting changes ran for about mins and started Safe mode I read a number of recovery attempts but all seem a little different and I am not sure what recovery attempt I should try without cause more problems I would appreciate some help please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/startup-repair-cannot-repair-this-computer-automatically-wont-bootup-jxl-1148833.html
Relevancy 35.26%

I've been having the same problem as big0 
 Windows 7 update was canceled boots to repair screen can't repair
And in your post try a windows repair from windows disk i go to part b  step 6b but  System Recovery Options does not find Windows 7 operating system What do i do now 

Moderator Edit: Split from another topic to prevent confusion
Roger

A:Windows 7 update was canceled boots to repair screen can't repair Too

Hi, Is this the same computer as here?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524720/startup-repair-loop/

Thank You
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525157/windows-7-update-was-canceled-boots-to-repair-screen-cant-repair-too/
Relevancy 35.26%

All of a sudden my computer crashes every time when starting up the computer When it gets to the quot Windows quot screen with the small moving startup. repair on crashes Windows repair 7 restore, Can't install or dots that form Windows 7 crashes on startup. Can't restore, repair or repair install the windows logo it Windows 7 crashes on startup. Can't restore, repair or repair install crashes just as they start their animation I've tried using Startup Repair as well as command line repair possibly the same thing but they are telling me that they aren't finding anything wrong Also reverting to a previous state results in an error and I can't do a system restore because I have no system restore points I was able to backup all of my most important files thanks to Windows 7 crashes on startup. Can't restore, repair or repair install that excellent guide on here which tells you how to use the quot load driver quot window to do it So I'm confident that my hard-drive is still mostly functional since searching through it went fine with no corrupt files or anything noticed At first I thought the problem was something other than my hard-drive installation so I put my hard-drive into another computer which was working fine and experienced the same problem I read about the quot repair install quot option and got really excited that this might fix my problem However I read that you can only do it while logged in which again I cannot do and this was confirmed when I tried to do it anyway This sounds like the perfect option for me but I can't get the computer to let me log in whether in safe mode or not Does anyone have any other ideas about what I can do I'd really like to avoid doing a fresh install of Windows if at all possible I'm sure there has to be some way to fix this since I'm able to access all of my files on the hard-drive Thanks very much for any responses

A:Windows 7 crashes on startup. Can't restore, repair or repair install

Have you tried running a sfc\ scannow from command prompt?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274681-windows-7-crashes-startup-cant-restore-repair-repair-install.html
Relevancy 35.26%

windows update was canceled (purposely by teen) and now computer starts in repair mode.  We selected repair and message says could not be repaired and shuts down.  In recovery tools - tried to load to last known working version and no restore point is available.  Disks did not come with this computer (Dell Inspiron 1545).  Any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows 7 update was canceled boots to repair screen can't repair

You could try going into safe mode, hit F8 during boot up.  Not real sure but I would then go to windows update, it may see the bad load.  It is worth a try!

Phil

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524264/windows-7-update-was-canceled-boots-to-repair-screen-cant-repair/
Relevancy 35.26%

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME startup repair attempts and still no dice Windows failed to start a recent hardware change may be the cause Start up repair cannot repair this computer automatically Windows cannot find a system image on this computer No restore points No backup or repair discs Bluescreen crash with safemode memory diagnostics tests and attempts to restore to quot out of box quot state Everything redirects to startup start, or windows restore failed backup, cannot to repair, no repair repair or start windows normally Repair option ends in cannot repair message start normally ends up in bluescreen crash and restart View problem details gt problem event name startuprepairoffline Problem signature windows failed to start, cannot repair, no backup, restore or repair unknown autofailover bad driver OS version Locale ID Root cause found Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem I can access the command prompt box but I'm unsure of where to go from there It is the only thing I've been able to run without bluescreens popping up and shutting down my laptop Can any one help me restore my POS back to an operable state through there I am aware of f key functions and have attempted setup utility options boot options and still I'm stuck I'm stuck with a never ending startup repair bluescreen fail system recovery loop

A:windows failed to start, cannot repair, no backup, restore or repair

Dead hard drive? Does the hard drive show up in the BIOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/274213-windows-failed-start-cannot-repair-no-backup-restore-repair.html
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi everyone Today after restarting my computer I was faced with the Startup Repair tool unable to boot Windows A couple hours later after running startup tool a total of times I have been unable to solve cannot automatically repair this windows Startup repair - computer boot Cannot the problem I have also Tried booting in safe mode didn't work Tried last known good config didn't work Based on some advice I read elsewhere I also ran chkdsk Cannot boot windows - Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically r f c It completed successfully Even just knowing how I can extract my files so that I can re-install windows would be a big help Startup tool doesn't take over a minute to complete and displays these details Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Cannot boot windows - Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature CorruptFile OS Version Locale ID Startup Repair Diagnosis and Repair Log displays the following details Last successful boot time PM GMT Number of repair attempts Session details System Disk Device Harddisk Windows directory C Windows AutoChk Run Number of root causes Test Performed Name Check for updates Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name System disk test Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Disk failure diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Disk metadata test Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Volume content check Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Boot manager diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name System boot log diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Event log diagnosis Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Test Performed Name Internal state check Result Completed successfully Error code x Time taken ms Root cause found Startup repair has tried several times but still cannot determine the cause of the problem Any help is appreciated

A:Cannot boot windows - Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically

Hi-

Can you boot into safe-mode?

Also, do you have either a recovery partition, recovery disk, or the windows installation disk? (some of the tools could help, especially if safe mode doesn't work)

Regards,

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-boot-windows-startup-repair-cannot-repair-this-computer-automatically-663898.html