Windows Support Forum

BIOS upgrade problems and AMD installer manager??

Q: BIOS upgrade problems and AMD installer manager??

Hello all,
I am a dummy at all this, and would be glad for your help! Yesterday i had a pop up reminder from dell for system updates for my dell inspiron 15 5000 laptop. I agreed to installation, after updates were installed the the computer kept freezing, then it shut down, I got a message saying the system was being scanned and repaired, then I continued to have issues - unable to type anything, click on anything, then after sometime it seemed to unfreeze and I could access programs etc again.
The installation was a BIOS upgrade, but I also noticed ADM installer manager software was also installed during that upgrade. Is this usual? is this software ok?
Any advice very welcome, many thanks!!
p

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996008
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BIOS upgrade problems and AMD installer manager??

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 57.19%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19988802
Relevancy 57.19%

once the update started it rained go maybe 15 seconds and just shut my computer off entertainment a bloatware screen say that the software ran in to an error and it would restart itself. I let the computer along for over an hour and finally restarted the system muse us in the power button.  once I went to restart the system I only got a blackberry screen my computer is out of warranty and your dell bios update killed my motherboard I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.  If I gave some on software I wrote and they installed it and it had no warning it would fry the I computer thatbwould be data to someone's personal property... DELL is this how you value your customers?

A:got the windows 10 free upgrade and used the dell diagnostics tool to upgrade driver and bios everything worked fine until the update of the bios!!!!

I called dell they told me in not so many words my motherboard was Fried and they would not replace it.

Dell just saying it's a "possibility" the motherboard might need to be replace. No one can tell you that motherboard is definite "Fried" without first looking at the system.
What is the system model number and version of windows before upgrading to windows 10? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10
You're able to boot into BIOS(F2 key) and diagnostic (F12 key) ?
1. Power off computer
2. Power on computer, quickly start tapping F2 key ( BIOS) or F12 key( BIOS) continuously

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988802
Relevancy 56.76%

My netbook is DENVER NBW- N It was running Windows -bit but the boot file was corrupted so i had to BIOS x64 won't recognize regconized installer but installer, x86 format and install clean Windows -bit Now i got another problems Audio driver is not working battery icon not showing and brightness is not working and Wi-Fi BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer won't connect to my new router anymore I guess those drivers was made for -bit only and the processor is -bit based but my BIOS won't recognize Win -bit installer Only -bit installer This is how my boot list looks like when i created Win -bit bootable USB And this is how my boot list looks like when i created Win -bit bootable USB I contacted my manufacturer but they said they don't have any recovery or image to flash and send it to local store for help I did send it to my local store but they could not help so i took it back home and i asked my manufacturer for drivers and bios updates etc but they ignored me for no reason I created bootable Plop Boot Manager which allow to boot any drives that BIOS won't allow but it doesn't show in boot list If you wanna know how BIOS looks like take a look in my album Imgur The most awesome images on the Internet

A:BIOS won't recognize x64 installer, but regconized x86 installer

How are you making the USB flash drive for the installation?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/69336-bios-wont-recognize-x64-installer-but-regconized-x86-installer.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Any help ideas suggestions welcome Hi for the record I m posting this from my notebook Let s see I tried updating my desktop computer s BIOS but it failed to do so though it gave me a CMOS checksum error on reboot However all my original settings not the default ones but my own customized BIOS CMOS settings where there just ok So I continued booting into Windows Then I checked BIOS version with Bios Problems Upgrade CPU-Z and it was still in old version So I tried to update again this time Windows restarted computer but the computer never passed from blank screen no BIOS screen no video bios information etc just blank I tried with the BIOS recovery CDs it s an Intel board but it doesn t read them I ve tried this method before burning the Bios Upgrade Problems BIO file into a blank DVD-R with another Intel board and it worked find but here it doesnt work My system specs - Motherboard Intel Desktop DG WH - CPU Intel Core Duo E - RAM Mb Kingston DDR - DVD drive Optiarc SATA That s barely all because I removed the other Mb and Gb memory Bios Upgrade Problems modules the disk the nvidia card motherboard has integrated Intel video etc This is exactly what I did I tried running BIOS Express Update tool from Intel It tried to restart Windows but it couldn t Whatever I thought it Bios Upgrade Problems was flashing but with Windows running this was mostly strange but I let it do for about minutes Lots of apps from system tray were killed during this strange shutdown attempt their icons disappeared as I passed the mouse over them Ctrl Alt Supr did nothing and trying to run taskmgr from Start gt Run resulted in error message saying that Windows was shutting down and couldn t create windows So I waited about additional minutes or more then restarted by pressing Restart button from case Computer restarted OK but didn t update BIOS Also told me about CMOS settings checksum error I just pressed Enter and nothing else happened but Windows booting and telling me it couldn t find C Docs and settings lt myusername gt Temp PBIOSIntel exe or something like that whatever let s say just TEMP IntelFooBar exe haha I didn t give importance to this Restarted computer to check BIOS settings they were my customized settings without modifications so checksum error where whatever this time it didn t give checksum error anyway Booted again into Windows closed all programs including explorer exe and run BIOS Express Update again this time from task manager yeah by explorer exe I meant explorer s process start menu everything got killed This time update program did reboot computer successfully by reboot I mean to make windows close everything and show the quot bye bye we re gonna reboot now quot message Then the blank screen appeared A black screen You usually see this blank screen for a second or two then BIOS messages Booting from hard disk etc But nothing appeared No BIOS messages No VGA BIOS initialization message too No beeps The monitor went into suspend state too The fans were spinning all leds were on it really looked like when in old times you plugged IDE cable the wrong way and the machine remained blank on boot well this looks exactly the same but I have no IDE cables drives at all SATA here So I booted notebook downloaded BIOS recovery file MQ P BIO burned to DVD-RW put into my desktop s drive powered down removed power cord waited for green led in mother to turn off removed yellow maintenance jumper then turned on again Nothing happened I ve done this before with a server at work which has an Intel motherboard too it remained at blank screen for about seconds while reading like a crazy on a DVD-R I d burned by that time then shown lots of text and asked me to press Enter to begin recovery process then lots more of text then asked to power down and put yellow jumper again did all that and voila But this isn t the situation with my desktop board Here it just doesn t read the DVD at all it reads as would any DVD drive when receiving power but nothing ... Read more

Relevancy 55.9%

Ever since I updated to the Instde F.47 Bios I am having troubles with my computer.  Here are my problems 1. Time and date isn't working. Always having to reset it2. checksum error (512) when booting.3. Constant messages that My USB port doesn't recognize an unnamed device that's not even attached4. Can't access BIOS upon startup. I realize that computer troubleshooting is complex, but I'm wondering if this is all related to my BIOS update, or if it is a general failure of the computer - for example a bad CMOS Battery. I've doneall the troubleshooting recommended by HP. Done a system restore etc. etc. etc. So please, no generic answers. Can I roll back my BIOS? If so, how? Thanks for anybody who replies with useful information!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Multiple-Problems-Since-Bios-Upgrade/td-p/5621354
Relevancy 55.04%

Not sure if this is the right place for this since this laptop Gateway Problems Upgrade BIOS Notebook is a Gateway and not one of those listed My parents have a Gateway Notebook model MX that is a little over two years old http support gateway com s Mobile Q Bishop Rsp shtml They had never updated any drivers or BIOS so I decided to do that for them They had upgraded to Vista from XP and the Gateway site had drivers and a newer BIOS The drivers updated fine but the BIOS didn t apparently It had a Winflash utility that installed all the blocks and confirmed the installation It restarted and now the Gateway Notebook BIOS Upgrade Problems computer only gets halfway throught the initialization and hangs after initializing the mouse at least that is as much as it shows on the screen Is there anything I can do short of replacing the CMOS BIOS chip if it is removable or the motherboard Any suggestions to help me resolve this problem would be greatly appreciated I contacted Gateway Tech support but since the laptop isn t under warrantee anymore they refused to help me Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-notebook-bios-upgrade-problems.816996/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an Intel AL LX motherboard with WIN SE P - MMX I WANT TO UPGRADE TO CELERON MB RAM GB HD CR LABS MODEMBLASTER X CD ROM MITSUMI MB FLOPPY I AM because upgrade problems managers of memory bios TRING TO UPGRADE FROM BIOS P TO BIOS P ALBIOS EXE IS THE DOWNLOAD FILE FROM INTEL I AM HAVING TROUBLE BECAUSE WHEN I TRY TO FLASH THE BIOS THERE IS A POP MESSAGE BIOS CANNOT BE FLASHED BECAUSE OF INSTALLED MEMORY MANAGERS I HAVE TRIED TO DOWNLOAD THE FLASH FROM THE DESKTOP AND THE A DRIVE IN BOTH CASES THE MEMORY MANAGER MESSAGE WAS DISPLAYED AND THE BIOS FLASH DENIED I HAVE NOT TRIED IT IN THE JUMPER ENABLE bios upgrade problems because of memory managers MODE OR THE RECOVERY MODE - I WAS NOT SURE IF THERE MIGHT BE PROBLEMS WITH bios upgrade problems because of memory managers THE MACHINE PROGRAMS I USE INCLUDED AOL PC WIZARD OFFICE NORTON ANTI VIRUS AND PERFORMANCE TEST AND OTHERS WHERE WOULD THE MEMORY MANAGERS BE INSTALLED ALL ON HARD DRIVE AND WHAT TYPE OF PROGRAMS WOULD NEED TO BE DELETED bios upgrade problems because of memory managers FROM THE HARD DRIVE I COULD WIPE THE HARD DRIVE CLEAN IF NEEDED BUT THATS A LOT OF WORK IF I CLEAR THE HARD DRIVE SHOULD THAT ENSURE SUCCESS OR ARE THE MEMORY MANAGER S LOCATED SOMEWHERE ELSE CMOS nbsp

A:bios upgrade problems because of memory managers

pls turn off the caps lock and put a line space/hard return in there somewhere - really hard to read

don't think you can do that from windows

are you booting with the 98 boot disk, then using the bios flash.exe on a floppy?
(hope it has a utility to save your existing bios, you may need to go back)

unless you're having difficulties that are bios related, usually no need to flash a bios

try it from a boot disk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-upgrade-problems-because-of-memory-managers.290088/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello, A costomer gave us the laptop  because he got a blue screen after the windows 10 upgrade.We found that the bios was outdated and wanted to upgrade the bios. with the .exe from the website. the program says it cannot find the bios.and the .iso does not work from startup. It just jams.the serie number for the laptop is: PK1N5CE please help.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X230-windows-10-upgrade-bios-problems/td-p/3461384
Relevancy 53.75%

My daughter has a Sony Vaio bios problems Sony upgrade for thermal Vaio VPC-CW290X VPC-CW X purchased in spring that has on several occasions just shut down likely due to overheating Sony Vaio VPC-CW290X bios upgrade for thermal problems no logged errors Just this week I discovered Sony eSupport - Electronics - Drivers amp Software from June a few months after she got the laptop acknowledging the issues and providing a BIOS update to version R Y to address this So I upgraded her computer this week Side note The instructions mention At the quot BIOS Update successfully completed quot dialog box click quot OK quot to shutdown the computer - and no such dialog box ever appeared I ran the update twice and it never appeared Given the ramifications of goofing up a bios update this scared me But we finally shut the computer down for a few minutes started it and it booted right up and the bios had been upgraded correctly But here's my question How can a mere bios update quot fix quot an overheating problem Maybe making the fan turn more often or faster but really it can't clean the heatsink clear dust or lower the temperature of the components How effective should my daughter expect this quot fix quot to be

A:Sony Vaio VPC-CW290X bios upgrade for thermal problems

I would monitor it with Core Temp which puts the temps in the System Tray and turns them yellow or red to warn you. Others like SpeedFan which allows auto-adjusting the fan speed in many cases, but requires copying it's .exe into the All Programs>Startup folder to put in System tray.

Check also for dust buildup in fan area, to clean it out this way:

and How To Clean Dust From Your Laptop - YouTube

Since you're a tech enthusiast also look over the steps for getting the vastly superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 since the Sony factory preinstall smothers Win7 with bloatware and duplicate conflicting utilities which have much better versions built into the OS. It's really the worst possible install one can have.

Until then I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296971-sony-vaio-vpc-cw290x-bios-upgrade-thermal-problems.html
Relevancy 49.88%

my roommate has been having problems with her computer. i installed zone alarm security suite on her computer and have done numerous scans. but when she crtl-alt-deletes it says "task manger has been disabled by your administrator" (admin has not disabled it though) and when she opens a shortcut or an application it says "adobe installer" something or other and "installs" something. I've tried finding out what it was but if i can't get in task manger to see what process' are running when the "adobe" comes up i don't think i can figure out where it's running from. any help is appreciated. thank you.

A:adobe installer and task manager

Allows you to enable or disable Task Manager for the Current User
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adobe-installer-and-task-manager.675357/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I recently got a GB Seagate external USB hard drive I ve been & with 4.5 Trouble Installer Windows Seagate Manager experiencing Blue Screens for a while now after the drive was added and I am currently troubleshooting in the BSOD forum here on Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager techspot One avenue we tried was to uninstall the Seagate Manager software because it seemed it could be linked to my problem I am not able to boot normally as soon as my desktop appears I get a BSOD with quot page fault in non paged area quot I have been going into safe mode for my troubleshooting I used the Seagate chat today because I was not able to uninstall the Seagate software on my computer apparently it s because it can t be done in safe mode from what I was told by the chat tech I was instructed to download Windows Installer Since I have done that I am getting a different error message Error Windows installer service could not be accessed etc from the add remove programs because I don t think that the installed correctly in safe mode Does anyone know how I can get my windows installer back to normal or updated to while in safe mode since I can t boot normally right now Thanks Joe nbsp

A:Trouble with Windows Installer 4.5 & Seagate Manager

You could try using System Restore to bring your PC back to a point before you installed Windows Installer 4.5.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-windows-installer-4-5-seagate-manager.134370/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am having a problem when I attempt to run a downloaded installer. After downloading an installer for a game, when I run the installer, instead of installing the game, my Task Manager and Windows Explorer freeze. Does anyone know what causes this and how to fix it.
Thank you

A:Installer crashes Task Manager and Explorer

Check Resource Monitor - does CPU, RAM, HDD, etc... pin at 100%?
START | type perfmon /res

Also check -

1. WERCON -
START | type view | "View all Problem Reports" | 2x-click on line item for additional crash info

2. Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

3. Event Viewer -
START | type eventvwr.msc | Custom Views | Administrative Events

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/installer-crashes-task-manager-and-explorer-531135.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Whenever I try to open pics, clipart, etc. the Windows Installer pops up and says, "preparing to install" and nothing happens.

It will not go away when I click cancel and if it does disappear it promptly starts again.

I have to go to Task Manager and End Task to get rid of it.

This started to happen about the same time I installed Office 2007.

I have been to Microsoft, unistalled and reinstalled Office and nothing has worked yet. It is connected to error 1635 but the fix information I've tried references an HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE line that does not match anything in my reg when I go to edit.

Help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-picture-manager-issues-310306.html
Relevancy 49.02%

hi OK so I bought a new sata hdd I installed windows on it no problems In trying to make some hardware work with win I caused a crash and then windows was just real slow I thought no problem I ll just repeat what i did again and start over I ran the windows boot disc and in the disk manager part i formatted the partitions to make Bios hdd installer cant see but can one unpartitioned space as before only this time AFTER id merged the partitions into one unalloated it said windows cannot Bios cant see hdd but installer can make a partition on this disk I went back to my bios and now I cant see my hdd in there I didnt change any settings and nothing is set to raid I ran g-parted and dban autonuke to try and format the drive completley outside of windows but those programs cant see it Seems only windows can XP install cant see it either any ideas SOLVED After trying my hdd in every sata slot I almost gave up then for some reason I decided to remove the cables o the dvdrom drive and start up thats it I could see the hard drive in the bios I then turned off reconnected the disk drive and everything was cool I dont know what the problem was or why what i did Bios cant see hdd but installer can solved it Mr mod ca either delete this now or if someone cares to explain what they think happened maybe it could help someone else googling a similiar thing

A:Bios cant see hdd but installer can

Thanks for posting your resolution...we don't normally delete/close topics since they may be helpful to someone else with similar/same issues.

Happy computing .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376495/bios-cant-see-hdd-but-installer-can/
Relevancy 49.02%

We are attempting to upgrade our version of HP Device Manager from version to version nbsp however it always fails on the upgrade database portion of the install nbsp It does not give me any reason for the fail nbsp just a database upgrade device hp manager upgrade failing to dialog bos that says Upgrade Failed nbsp I have also tried creating a new database and then importing the old database into the new database nbsp but this also fails nbsp nbsp Any ideas nbsp Is there hp device manager upgrade failing to upgrade database some logs with more details somewhere that I am missing nbsp Cant troubleshoot much with just Upgrade Failed nbsp heres the installer log hp device manager upgrade failing to upgrade database output output nbsp - - INFO Start HPDM installation uninstallation - - INFO No command-line parameters is set Install HPDM with interactive UI - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp FC wbr E - CF - B - - CE F F QueryLogonUser cmd - - INFO Install HPDM - - INFO A previous HPDM exists in the machine - - INFO Start HPDM installation uninstallation - - INFO No command-line parameters is set Install HPDM with interactive UI - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A QueryLogonUser cmd - - INFO Install HPDM - - INFO A previous HPDM exists in the machine - - INFO D hpdm - - INFO HPDM Console is selected to be installed - - INFO HPDM Server is selected to be installed - - INFO HPDM Gateway is selected to be installed - - INFO HPDM Master Repository Controller is selected to be installed - - INFO There exists a folder named Repository back up it - - INFO Setup Type Custom - - INFO Start to copying HPDM installation files to destination path - - INFO Upgrade is selected starting to uninstall previous services - - INFO Preparing to stop processes and stop uninstall previous services - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F IM Console exe T - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F FI WINDOWTITLE eq HP Device Manager FI IMAGENAME eq java T - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F IM GatewayControl exe T - - INFO Successfully execute taskkill F IM ServerControl exe T - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmpxe - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmgateway - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmgateway - - INFO Successfully execute net stop MasterRepositoryController - - INFO Successfully execute net stop hpdmserver - - INFO Successfully execute net stop HPDM PostgreSQL - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete hpdmpxe - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete hpdmgateway - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete MasterRepositoryController - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete hpdmserver - - INFO Successfully execute C Users KAREEF HUG AppData Local Temp A CDEC wbr -F - DCB-A E - D BED A sc delete HPDM PostgreSQL - - INFO Finish to stop processes and stop uninstall previous services - - WARN Removing C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Device Manager JVM - - ERROR Failed to remove the folder C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Device Manager JVM - - INFO HPDM installation files have been copied to destination path - - INFO Start to configure HPDM - - INFO D hpdm - - INFO set configure file path hpdm - - INFO Configure file path C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Device Manager MasterRepositoryController Controller conf - - INFO Preparing to configure HPDM components - - INFO Launch Configuration Wizard in custom mode - - INFO Launch Configuration Wizard successfully Return code - - INFO Successfully configure HPDM components - - INFO Preparing to initialize HPDM Database - - INFO Launch DBSetup application in custom mode - - INFO Launch DBSetup applica... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/hp-device-manager-upgrade-failing-to-upgrade-database/td-p/5718511
Relevancy 48.59%

Computer failed during upgrade of bios. I have followed all the steps to recover bios: taken out battery, pressed windows + B + power, restore screen appears. Computer goes thru bios restore process and verification. When it gets to the 'count down to windows start up' and 'continue to restart button', the computer freezes and does not restart. I have pressed the continue button, nothing. I have let the count down continue and it stops at 1 then nothing.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-Upgrade-failure-rebooted-bios-no-continue-to-startup/td-p/5763869
Relevancy 48.59%

Computer won't boot after bios upgrade Quick history- computer was working but was dropped damaging hdd- verified hdd damage by removing it and connecting it to another computer- verified computer hardware still good by booting and using it from ubuntu live cd- purchased SSD- changed Bios HDD support to Legacy mode so I could install w - installed w bit professional- install went great computer booted in windows no lan or wifi yet missing drivers- downloaded drivers and bios update from HP site for my exact machine to USB stick using different machine- installed audio driver- installed bios update did not tamper with machine at all during BIOS update followed instructions exactly- after bios update nbsp s w said bios flash was complete computer just hung for min's- repowered machine only get black screen- holding down F while powering up gets white F BIOS Setup Options text in lower left corner of screen nothing else happens I tried holding the windows bios boot after upgrade bios or no Black menu screen and B key before powering then for a minute after powering several times nothing happened http support hp com us-en document c I repeated that procedure half a dozen times with and without a USB with the BIOS update software on it in a USB slot no difference nbsp nbsp Does my model support this key combination to load deffault BIOS settings nbsp Do I have any other options to unbrick my machine Any Black screen no boot or bios menu after bios upgrade advice is appreciated Mike

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Black-screen-no-boot-or-bios-menu-after-bios-upgrade/td-p/5635572
Relevancy 48.59%

I have posted a few questions regarding getting samsung 950 pro (NVME M.2 ssd) to be recognized quickly on boot by ENVY 750-170SE cto rom family id #2b4b and it hasn't been resolved.  I am pretty sure that HP will need to create a newer bios than the a.08 version that i have or the lower versioned number a.07 which is available from HP's website (even though it has a newer date than a.08 (this is really strange))  -  How do i go about getting HP to release a beta or final bios that shortens my boot time by 3 minutes?  Am i posting in the wrong area, if so where do i post?  I am not alone with this problem.  see SpearfishX post #21 - and i am unable to post in this forum, it needs to be reopened and addressed - http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Envy-750se-capable-of-M-2-NVMe-u...

A:Bios Upgrade on HP Envy 750-170se CTO bios family 2b4b

@FrozenGamer? If your PC takes 3 minutes to boot in a factory condition then you should contact HP support. If your PC is less than 21 days old then quickly return it.  Without any modifications, your PC should be booting up in less than 30 seconds. I haven't seen any official HP posted information that supports NVMe m.2 SSDs.  Run the HP Support Assistant and see if it picks up a later BIOS update. HP's support number is 800-474-6836 or 800-HPINVENT or online here.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Bios-Upgrade-on-HP-Envy-750-170se-CTO-bios-family-2b4b/td-p/5585600
Relevancy 48.59%

Within the last three days my computer running Windows XP has started trying to install Roxio Media Manager. It keeps running over and over again and will not stop.

I have purchased Error Expert to try and stop it but it has not worked. Wondering a couple fo tings. If I totally uninstall Roxio Media Manager will that help? Not sure this would be a good thing but this is driving me crazy.

How do I stop windows installer from trying to install this progam?

A:Windows Installer keeps trying to install Roxio Media Manager

TSF,
Suggest you follow the link in my signature to especially download, update definitions and run Malwarbytes free. There are other cleaning tools in the link Learning each day that should also be of assistance to you.

Let us know if there is improvement,

kind regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-keeps-trying-to-install-roxio-media-manager-483679.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Im using Vista and everytime I try to Shut Down it hangs on the Logoff screen...

.... Pressing ctrl+alt+del no longer brings up Task Manager despite the icon being displayed in the icon tray so i cant close any programs

--- windows explorer doesnt work properly .. not responding ....

.... If i try to install a program, windows installer doesnt do it, if i cancel it just says cancelling and hangs....

.... anyone as to any ideas how to resolve ...

thanks - yahya

A:Logoff / Task Manager / Windows Installer all hanging

How long has this issue beein going on?What programs do you have running at startup? Have you tried disabling with a startup manager, then re-enabling one at a time?Have you tried using System Restore or System Restore from a command prompt in Safe Mode to return to a previous state before your problems began?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222634/logoff-task-manager-windows-installer-all-hanging/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Media and Installer Google Manager Roxio Redirection and please help So a couple of weeks ago Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer I Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer read a couple of threads on how to get rid of Google Redirection after clicking on a link and I ran Malwarebytes this was the ONLY thing I did reading all the Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer threads nothing else since I figure everyone's comp is different and I thought it was removed because it no longer redirected me however after I had done that my antivirus is no longer updating each day as it used to to so each and everyday and now today after I uninstalled this video game of mine there is now a Roxio Media Manager installer that constantly pops up and will not cease to stop trying to install itself into my laptop So here's a HiJackThis log please take a look and help me out I appreciate all the help I can get thanks HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exeC Program Files DNA btdna exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE agent exeC WINDOWS system MsiExec exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeC PROGRA COMMON INSTAL Driver INTEL IDriver exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http hk music yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO no name - C BA A - F - BD-F - A C - no file O - Toolbar Verizon Broadband Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- CB -AB BB AAE - C PROGRA VOL TO VOL TO DLLO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exeO - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe StartO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exeO - HKLM R... Read more

A:Google Redirection and Roxio Media Manager Installer

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234899/google-redirection-and-roxio-media-manager-installer/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a HP Pavilion dv us Entertainment Notebook PC I was using Home Premium bit Vista but I did a clean installation with Home Premium Vista I downloaded and & Manager Tab Audio missing BIOS missing Device from Advanced Realtek HD Manager from installed all the Realtek HD Audio Manager missing from Device Manager & Advanced Tab missing from BIOS drivers from HP s site for Vista After clean installation I am facing the following problems Realtek HD Audio Manager is missing from Device Manager Advanced tab is missing from BIOS CD DVD drive is not reading media Installed the latest Realtek driver Its showing in control panel But not showing in device manager When I checked in Device Manager sound video and game controllers only conexant audio is there realtek is missing from there Now I am unable to use my external mic and internal mic volume is very low Looked into few forums there I found Realtek HD Audio Manager missing from Device Manager & Advanced Tab missing from BIOS I need to enable my on board audio in BIOS but when I checked into my BIOS there is no ADVANCED TAB My system details are -Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium SP bit Ram GB RAM Graphics Nvidia GeForce Go System Model MCP System Type x Based PC Processor AMD Athlon X TK- dual-core processor GH BIOS Version F SMBIOS Version Please please please help me

A:Realtek HD Audio Manager missing from Device Manager & Advanced Tab missing from BIOS

I have the same OS and use Realtek. The only Realtek shown in Device Manager, Sound.... is the Realtek High Definition Audio. Are you sure you installed the 64 bit driver? The driver I have is 6.0.1.6873.

In Control Panel, DVD/CD-Rom drives, is your drive shown? Are there any problems noted?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/301158-realtek-hd-audio-manager-missing-device-manager-advanced-tab-missing-bios.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Dear All I have a question regarding BIOS upgrades as well as downgrades First about downgrading BIOS is it a safe thing to do If not then what makes it not safe I have Dell Inspiron M with the latest BIOS A Not happy with this one due to high pitch sounds coming from of upgrade down know BIOS Is safe? do downgrading if How of BIOS successful is or you the top right hand corner of the laptop It s been suggested that I downgrade only a couple of revisions back namely to either A or A However Ive been getting conflicting reports about the Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful safety of downgrading from Dell Tech Support Some say that it s not done at all others say that as long as it s only to downgrade back to a couple of previous versions then risks are not as high as going all the way back to a really early version such as A etc The risks I m told is in the performance Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful of hard disks Apparently if you downgrade to a really early version such as A then problems will arise though I m not sure what the exact problems are Moreover there are those who say that there is no procedure for downgrading Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful and that it is never suggested to anyone to downgrade their BIOS The notion that it becomes riskier as you downgrade back to a really early version of BIOS such as A baffles me because in my case prior to doing any kind of updating for BIOS on my laptop I had version A and have not had any kind of improvements enhancements done to my computer whatsoever in other words my computer is the same as when I got it last year in terms of hardware In terms of software I have not changed my OS of Windows XP home edition with SP I only added iTunes Firefox Thunderbird plus software for a corded keyboard Therefore the claim that reverting to a really early version of BIOS such as A would pose a greater risk than reverting back to A or A does not make sense for my computer worked fine with A and I have not changed any of my hardware My reason for upgrading is because Dell Support software popped up in the bottom right hand corner saying I needed to upgrade my BIOS to A so I did that then discovered after that there was a critical update of A which I installed as well and which I have currently Another question I have is this how do you know for sure that an upgrade or downgrade was successful Although I have yet to do any downgrading when I updated my BIOS to A then to A the download for these two files went fine I did not get any error messages Even after I flashed the BIOS with A and A I got a message saying that the update was successful However is it possible that even with a message saying that an update was successful that there may be some glitch and that the BIOS was NOT updated properly I ask such a question because ever since upgrading to A I ve been getting a high pitched sound from the top right hand corner of my laptop The noise is not consistent in a sense that it was always present just after updating to A but now it is only present when I first power the computer on after it s been shut off completely and when I put into Standby then come out of it the noise always disappears Thank you for your time and any help you can provide me with Sincerely Lavender PS I would also like to add that with all the Tech Support I spoke to at Dell except for one guy they were all very hesitant if not down right against downgrading What makes downgrading so dangerous risky As I understand it upgrading or downgrading BIOS is about erasing the previous version of BIOS and installing another version If that is the case then the process for downgrading and upgrading would be the same for flash BIOS would it not If so why is upgrading OK to do but downgrading is something not done and is considered quot forced quot Isn t upgrading quot forced... Read more

A:Is downgrading of BIOS safe? How do you know if down or upgrade of BIOS is successful

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-downgrading-of-bios-safe-how-do-you-know-if-down-or-upgrade-of-bios-is-successful.597666/
Relevancy 48.16%

hi there, i am fixing a friends old computer and the hdd was stuffed so i got a new maxtor diamondmax 9 for it. although once installing it i found out that it would only run in udma2 mode (checked it in another computer and it ran at full udma6)
so i suspect that the current bios cannot support udma5 or 6, so i am looking for a bios upgrade for it.
the bios string is 6A69RPRDC-00, the number on the actual motherboard is 35-C960-00-05
thanks for any help, i am really hoping i can make this board work at udma5 at least and not have to settle for udma2.
thanks again
-Moltenz

ps. i just found this
AM-960
04/19/2001-i815-ITE87X2-6A69RPRDC-00 ITE87X2 + Winbond-W39A
at http://www.plasma-online.de/english/identify/serial/mainboard/mb_aristo.html
if that is any help.

A:help with updating bios. cannot find bios upgrade - 6A69RPRDC-00

WOW..............

Old Machines.....(just like me... but can still perform to the max lol)

I your Bios has the option of udma up to 6 then generally the bios supports the Mode! and your problem is that the HDD does not support the mode (cant remember if you said it does).

You are probably using wrong criteria for bios upgrade search.
Try WWW.driverguide,com

You Need the MB's Manufacturers Name or at least the MB Chipset and bios Manufacturers Name as well. go to the Computers muanufacturers website (you probably done that already) and search model.

otherwise Download a System info utility from Tech Spot, I use SiSoft Sandra or AIDA32.. (sandra might cause bluescreen on older machines).. Aida problably will have link direct to bios update site. hope this was of some help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-updating-bios-cannot-find-bios-upgrade-6a69rprdc-00.42513/
Relevancy 48.16%

I updated the bios after I had notified from Toshiba about the Bios v3.50. The process was done by the Toshiba Utility software, and after the reboot there is "Password =" on a blank screen and it not recognise my BIOS password, writing "Not certified".

I have also tried the HDD password but no luck.

What can I do now?

A:Satellite Z30-A-12R BIOS password not recognised after BIOS upgrade

Hi

Before trying to update the BIOS, all passwords should be removed!
BIOS password can be removed by authorized service provider available in your country.

But the unknown HDD password cannot be removed anymore.
In such case the HDD isn?t accessible and cannot be used.

Sorry mate but in my opinion you have only one chance to get the BIOS password removed; you need the ASP assistance.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77914-Satellite-Z30-A-12R-BIOS-password-not-recognised-after-BIOS-upgrade
Relevancy 48.16%

I have the Dell Inspiron desktop with bit Vista and attempted to update the Dell NOT Vista DO Bit Inspiron BIOS 64 v1.0.7 518 UPGRADE BIOS BIOS to version last evening nbsp I closed all open programs disabled anti-virus and ran the BIOS update as administrator nbsp The update began and asked if I would like to update from version to and I clicked on the update button nbsp The BIOS flash began by deleting the previous BIOS and then attempted to install the new BIOS but produced nbsp an error message similar to quot error writing BIOS to block quot an the only option was to cancel the update nbsp I knew I did not have any BIOS installed at that point but my computer was still operating so I made an additional attempt to re-download the BIOS and re-install it nbsp No good it would not Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS even run now nbsp There was no turning back and no way to reinstall either the previous BIOS or the new one nbsp Eventually I tried to restart the computer and it would not start nbsp Dell is sending a tech next week to replace the motherboard on this otherwise great computer that is only about two months old DO NOT Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS upgrade the BIOS on a Inspiron with Bit Vista to version nbsp The upgrade does not work and will kill your motherboard Art

A:Dell Inspiron 518 BIOS v1.0.7 64 Bit Vista DO NOT UPGRADE BIOS

No it happened to me too.  Dell is replacing the motherboard under warranty but I was told somewhat firmly not to update the BIOS unless advised by a technican.  In my defense the BIOS update was listed as "recommended" under the download section for this unit on the Dell support website.
I would recommend to avoid two phone calls (over 40 minutes each) to tech support and several days waiting for a new motherboard, not to update the BIOS at this time.
Thankfully it is being covered under warranty.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19264970
Relevancy 48.16%

I use Sony Vaio.. the problem is that a Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up and it suddenly exit without me even knowing what it is doing or installing.

A:Vaio Analysis manager / Windows Installer window keeps popping up

Hello zolboo and a warm welcome to the Forum
I found this on the Sony website. If you follow the instructions it should solve your problem

Quote:
This is the Vaio Personalisation Manager which keeps track of your favorite music, programs etc. As far as I can work out it is designed to make personalised recommendations of music or other things you may be interested in when using Vaio Media Gallery. Rather like Amazon's Personal Recommendations.
If you don't want this service then just disable it. Go to VAIO Analysis Manager and you will find an option something like ' Preference Learning' - just uncheck it and reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/251459-vaio-analysis-manager-windows-installer-window-keeps-popping-up.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I had two hdd's in RAID WD YD I think were the models and one of them failed--click of death BSOD failed dskchk etc I took out the bad drive and kept the good drive in the machine Everything was backed up BIOS :/ installer will Windows 7 recognize not will HDD but SATA to my external once the clicking started BIOS recognizes it and when booting from an older IDE drive windows recognizes it as well It passed the disk check and everything But when I try to BIOS will recognize SATA HDD but Windows 7 installer will not :/ install Windows the WD drive won't show up on the list of places to install Windows I got the drivers from WD's site got the drivers from inside windows but they aren't quot signed quot according to the Windows installer and I can't use them I tried the drive in another older machine and have the same problem I tried switching SATA ports tried switching SATA cables tried switching BIOS SATA settings from RAID to AHCI to AHCI gt IDE to Native IDE etc No matter what I try I can't get the Windows bit installer to recognize the drive I've read that you can change settings on specific SATA ports but I can't find that option BIOS will recognize SATA HDD but Windows 7 installer will not :/ in BIOS I BIOS will recognize SATA HDD but Windows 7 installer will not :/ am going to try messing around on the drive from inside windows with an older drive that has an OS installed but I'm totally clueless here Maybe there is some setting in BIOS that I'm missing Another annoying thing is the Windows installation takes ages to load each screen so every time I tried somethign different I hve to wait minutes to the problem screen I spent all of yesterday messing with this and I'm pretty horrible w this kind of troubleshooting

A:BIOS will recognize SATA HDD but Windows 7 installer will not :/

Your post sounds like you trying to install to a old 32 bit P4.
Set BIOS to AHCI, & try installing a 32 bit OS.

For better help with problems, Can you post your specs.
Filling out System Specs
System Info - See Your System Specs

Dont Know What Hardware You Have..??
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/17...info-tool.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211388-bios-will-recognize-sata-hdd-but-windows-7-installer-will-not.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Any ideas on this anyone?
A SATA 2.5" drive has a corrupted OS on it and I want to format it and then reinstall a fresh copy of Windows.
The drive is detected by the BIOS but does not show up as an available drive in the install routine (no drives found). I
If I remove the drive and connect it as a SATA drive to a desktop (so I can format it that way), it again shows up on the BIOS but is not available as a drive in Windows Explorer.
This drive has been pre-repaired by PCWorld - I wonder if they did anything odd to it?

A:Drive detected by BIOS but not by Windows installer

After connecting the drive to your desktop, please go to control panel > admin tools > computer management > Disk Management.

If your drive shows up there, it mean physically it is ok, just that its partition tables has gone wonky.

You can simply delete the existing partition tables there, and re-create new one and format it. Hopefully that will work and solve your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drive-detected-by-bios-but-not-by-windows-installer.168868/
Relevancy 47.3%

Yesterday I clean-installed Windows Pro x on an old Dell Vostro laptop which had been running Windows Ultimate and it activated and ran fine without even a single exclamation point upgrade Upgrade must - 8 to BIOS failed System 8.1 Windows in Device Manager I applied the update necessary to make the Store offer and proceeded to install it as I've done on a couple other machines After downloading the thing it errored Windows 8 to 8.1 Upgrade failed - must upgrade System BIOS out with Couldn't install Windows Contact your Windows 8 to 8.1 Upgrade failed - must upgrade System BIOS PC manufacturer to see if you can upgrade the System BIOS When I clicked the OK button it then gave me the informative and grammar-challenged error box Something happened and the Windows couldn't be installed Please try again Error code xc Try again Cancel Ever the optimist I clicked Try again and of course it proceeded to download all over again from scratch only to error out in the same way I then downloaded all the Windows updates although just the one had been necessary on my other machines that successfully upgraded to and tried again only to get the same result Today I've discovered the Windows Compatibility Assistant which avoids the lengthy download of the upgrade every time Microsoft maybe you should run it implicitly before downloading GB of transient data and it tells me This PC doesn't meet system requirements Contact your PC manufacturer to see if you can upgrade the System BIOS Obviously no BIOS updates are available and I'm simply wondering if anyone knows what exactly is the problem here with my BIOS The obvious googling turned up nothing except some people with Sony Vaios that had the same problem which was corrected with a BIOS update and of course there is no information on what their BIOS update does to make the upgrade possible

A:Windows 8 to 8.1 Upgrade failed - must upgrade System BIOS

Store upgrade is more hassle than it's worth...Can't see how bios version can prevent the upgrade...

If you can download a full ISO - try that rather.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/49357-windows-8-8-1-upgrade-failed-must-upgrade-system-bios.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hi everyone,

just check make sure if correct.

i have pay new 512mb memory (DDR PC2100) in my motherboard with 128mb memory (already there) up to 640mb.

i wonder if i pay other new 512mb memory (DDR PC2100) and put in my motherboard up to 1024, but im worried if i take 128mb off to replace new 512mb put in my motherboard may lost memory or not?

im grateful if anyone help me.

thanks
dunko9

Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I am having problems with direct booting into Windows installed into a VHDX file Possible After Black Fixing Screen Boot From Menu Manager][SOLVED] Only F12 UEFI Booting POST. [Boot Boot Issues: BIOS BIOS This is a four-partition UEFI boot on a GPT drive EFI files are residing on a second partition of disk the ESP partition [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu in the EFI [Boot Manager][SOLVED] Fixing UEFI Boot Issues: Black Screen After BIOS POST. Booting Only Possible From BIOS F12 Boot Menu folder The boot virtual nbsp disk is residing on the fourth partition of that disk When I turn on the PC it shows black screen after the BIOS POST screen No Windows boot menu no other information is displayed However if I press Shift F or F to start Dell BIOS Boot Menu and choose Windows Boot Manager from the UEFI part of the boot menu Windows starts to boot without difficulties How do I make Windows to boot automatically without having to select Windows Boot Manager in DELL BIOS boot menu I believe I messed up with boot sector somehow What needs to be fixed provided that Windows will boot into VHDX file Thank you Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c77735a-be10-4e1e-a4c1-568917f4a54f/boot-managersolved-fixing-uefi-boot-issues-black-screen-after-bios-post-booting-only-possible?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 46.44%

I recently did a windows upgrade from my start menu. It said I need the new Windows Installer upgrade V3.1 so I proceeded to let it download. The installation failed and now my computer is locked in a loop where it asks me to restart and when I do.....it just keeps failing and asks me to restart again. Any help here?

I tried some suggestions at the Microsoft site but they didn't work. They did not point specifically to my problem. How do I cancel and delete the failed upgrade installation and stop that annoying restart window from popping up. I even tried to download the update file directly from Microsoft but until I clear the failed installation...I can't do anything....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-installer-3-1-upgrade-fails-and-is-stuck.565939/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, AllI try to upgrade the BIOS of my x1c gen3 20BS, and BIOS update utility for windows, the BIOS version is UEFI: 1.13 / ECP: 1.09I am working on windows 8I follow the utility's instruction and install the tool, run the tool, and reboot the OS, everything seem fine, but when I check the BIOS again, I found the BIOS vesion is still 1.10, but ECP has already upgraded to 1.09 Anyone could help? Many thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1c-gen3-upgrade-BIOS-fail-but-ECP-upgrade-done/td-p/3341765
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, AllI try to upgrade the BIOS of my x1c gen3 20BS, and BIOS update utility for windows http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-... UEFI: 1.13 / ECP: 1.09I am working on windows 8I follow the utility's instruction and install the tool, run the tool, and reboot the OS, everything seem fine, but when I check the BIOS again, I found the BIOS vesion is still 1.10, but ECP upgrade to 1.09. I wonder why I cannot upgrade my BIOS, anyone could help, many thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/x1c-gen3-fail-to-upgrade-BIOS-but-ECP-upgrade-done/td-p/3341160
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello everyone,

A friend of mine bought a 3TB Seagate SATA drive off eBay about a week ago. He has been having trouble with it since. He said at first the disk showed up in disk management but after a while stopped showing up all together. It wont show up in the BIOS, device manager, etc. His brother took it to the IT faculty at school and they said that it was marked as a server/RAID drive but didnt know how to change this or reset it.

Should this effect whether the disk is seen by the BIOS/Disk Management?
Is there any way to fix this or is this disk shot?

He contacted the seller on eBay and has yet to hear back.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/40548-disk-manager-device-manager-bios-unable-see-disk.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just purchased an upgrade key through the upgrade assistant, but when I clicked "install from desktop later", nothing happened. I tried installing using the win pro with mediacenter installer, but it's telling me that I can't use the key with this version of windows.
I would have used the instructions to do clean install with win8 upgrade, but I don't have the normal installer. Is there any way to download it?

A:Purchased Win 8 upgrade, but couldn't download installer

Hello hdjunkie, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to download another Windows 8 upgrade ISO.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...edownload.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/15686-purchased-win-8-upgrade-but-couldnt-download-installer.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I just upgraded to Win 7 64 bit from 32 bit. Have a few problems now.

#1 is trying to install Windows7-USB-DVD-tool so I am able to burn a copy of Win 7 64 bit w/SP1 to a DVD. I get the error shown in the image. I follow the path and the file is there. Now what?

#2 is every time I reboot, the screen resolution has changed to 256 color. I have to change it to True Color 32 bit (highest shown to change). How to fix?

Thanks for any help.

A:Win installer & screen resolution after upgrade to 64bit

Did you do a Windows Update after the install to get the latest device drivers? That often helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/232936-win-installer-screen-resolution-after-upgrade-64bit.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi.. I am running Vista64, I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 . Now, when I open Outlook or Word, I get an error that says "Outlook can not open the thesarsus... Microsoft Outlook cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1605."

I am stumped. Any help you give me would be appreciated.

I have tried reinstalling the software but that didn't help, by the way.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installer-error-1605-after-upgrade-too-office-2007-a-271345.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I recently upgraded from win k SP to win XP Installer issue (WMI) winXP 3.1 after installing upgrade Windows Pro SP slipstreamed the upgrade worked fine winXP upgrade issue after installing Windows Installer 3.1 (WMI) everything works until I winXP upgrade issue after installing Windows Installer 3.1 (WMI) install the update to windowsupdate installs windows installer winXP upgrade issue after installing Windows Installer 3.1 (WMI) and another package KB -v and KB after that WMI denies access to most functions including msinfo quot can t collect data quot dependencies of services tab quot win access denied quot windows update x A and several others the PC is standalone and NOT part of a domain if I quot upgrade quot again on the same install it will work fine until I attempt to manually or automatically install windows installer right after that WMI starts denying access WMIDiag reports the following errors ERROR CheckWMIStaticData x - Access is denied Checking WMI ADAP status ERROR GetADAPStatus x - Access is denied Checking WMI features Opening WMI namespace Root ERROR CheckWMIFeatures x - Access is denied Opening WMI namespace Root Default ERROR CheckWMIFeatures x - Access is denied Opening WMI namespace Root CIMv ERROR CheckWMIFeatures x - Access is denied Opening WMI namespace Root WMI ERROR CheckWMIFeatures x - Access is denied Collecting inventory information ERROR CheckInventory x - Access is denied I have tried countless quot fix wmi quot suggestions on newsgroups and websites to no avail Does anyone have any more ideas nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Please help me to update the BIOS im having the  LENOVO 5VKT07AUS version, it date is 9/1/2009, please help me to update the bios, and my system serial number is xxxxxxxxxx , and i need to upgrade the ram to 6gb, im now having [email protected], please help me to choose the RAM also. please help me in these two things. 

Thank You in ADVANCE.

Moderator Note; s/n edited for members own protection

A:My H22010028 needs bios upgrade and RAM Upgrade

hey kameshss,for updating the bios go to >>http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=746114download the proper Chipset driver and install it.As for upgrading the RAM, I suggest calling our Tech Support via the number listed in the link below >>http://www.lenovo.com/contact/in/en/

WW Social MediaImportant Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/My-H22010028-needs-bios-upgrade-and-RAM-Upgrade/td-p/438285
Relevancy 44.72%

I upgraded my BIOS to 5CKT77US not long ago and my understanding is that I can go up to 16GB RAM now; can anyone confirm this for me before I spend the money and have it not work? I'm currently running 8GB PC-8500/533. Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M58-7373EGU-RAM-Upgrade-After-BIOS-Upgrade/td-p/3432530
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi
This is Meer Akbar Ali, i am unable to install Med-V in Window 7 Professional x64, iam getting this error
"The Upgrade patch cannot be installed by the installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing or upgrade patch may update a different version of the program, verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and
that you have the correct upgrade patch"....just i install win7 professional, in that windows virtual pc and windows xpmode. when i run the MED-V_HostAgent_Patch or MED-V_WorkspacePackager_Patch iam getting the same error, can
anybody help me in this regards

Thanks and Regards
Meer Akbar Ali

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/291e7733-e4ae-47a7-9fe9-2d44bcd69508/the-upgrade-patch-cannot-be-installed-by-the-installer-service-because-the-program-to-be-upgraded?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi everyone My OS is XP home edition And my computer knowledge is fairly basic There s two things that are concerning me and any advice or help on either or both would be greatly appreciated The first thing is I keep getting a Installer Service up slow plus upgrade, after popping XP boot. Pack Windows Windows Installer box popping up which says preparing to Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot. install when I check my Hotmail emails This problem began after I had a windows update which turned out to be an upgrade to Service Pack last week As soon as I ve clicked cancel on the Windows Installer box I get an alert from ZoneAlarm saying Windows Messenger is requesting to access the internet The first time it happened I just let the installer do what it was trying to as I thought the service pack upgrade had made changes to some settings But then it happened again Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot. as soon as I opened the next email I only open emails from people who I know Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot. like my close friends or family by the way So I m presuming there s a problem somewhere Just to note though it only happens when I open an email in Hotmail or if I try to sign into MSN Messenger It hasn t happened anywhere else After trying to look it up on google and searching through a couple of posts on here I m still not sure what could be causing this and how to stop it I ve scanned the whole system with AVG and it s all clear Could it be a problem in the registry or in the update I done Although I have checked my Windows update history and it says the Service Pack update was successful The second thnig is my computer usually takes about five or more minutes to boot up This isn t a recent thing I have to admit But I ve never really been all that concerned about it until I was reading some posts on here I ve looked in my Start Up menu in MSConfig and there is quite a few things in there that I m not sure of But I have been a bit worried to disable the things I m not sure of because as I ve said earlier my computing knowledge is fairly basic and I d be worried I m stopping something that is needed I know this might sound silly apologies Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Windows Installer popping up after XP Service Pack upgrade, plus slow boot.

This should solve your first problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-popping-up-after-xp-service-pack-upgrade-plus-slow-boot.746246/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello all, this is my first time posting here so please forgive any mistakes/oversights. I've just updated my Samsung laptop's system BIOS via their software update program, and my Nvidia GPU (GT 650m DDR3) no longer seems to work. The Nvidia control panel is still there, and it still gives me the option to select which programs use the GPU, but there is no GPU actitivity showing up. Also,I've tried playing Skyrim (which auto-detects the PC's graphics cards) , and the game no longer seems to detect the Nvidia GPU (just the Intel integrated graphics).

My laptop model is NP550PC7, with 6 gig of ram, and an i7 quad core CPU, and the OS is Window 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I've tried looking in the BIOS but I can't seem to find anything related to the GPU or display options. Any help or avice is much appreciated.

A:Problems with Nvidia gpu post BIOS system BIOS update.

Hi,

Have you updated your GPU with the latest drivers?

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers

Please navigate to:

Start> Control panel> Swith to icon view> device manager.
Look under "Display Adapters"

Is the Nvidia GPU listed there? If so are there any yellow symbols etc?

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/290427-problems-nvidia-gpu-post-bios-system-bios-update.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a user with Windows XP and a Dell Dimension 2400. Recently, her power supply died on her system so I replaced the power supply with another one from another 2400 machines. Now her CD-ROM drive is no longer recognized. It gets power as we can open and close it and I see the green light on it but the system does not recognize the drive anywhere. In BIOS it shows it as uninstalled. I unplugged and reseated the data cable but it is still not being recognized.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

A:CD-ROM not recognized in BIOS or Device Manager

Replace the drive. Be sure no pins are bent. Be sure the jumper is correct.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-not-recognized-in-bios-or-device-manager.896124/
Relevancy 43.86%

Suddenly one of my hdds dropped from windows it shows as failed in disc management and cant be reactivated from there Tho its seen in a bios boot and in device manager even says device is working properly When i checked bios i did it in ways with and w out bad hdd hooked up To hook it up i unplugged a working sata port - ST As- HDD BIOS device can't in but and manager it access seen GB and hooked problem HDD to that sata port when i rebooted into bios and checked what i seen on port was now ST AS- GB Does this seemingly point to fact this is the problem HDD being seen in bios now i decided to check Ie Device manager and it shows ata devices named ST AS so to assure myself i boot down HDD seen in BIOS and device manager but can't access it unhook problem drive and reboot now in device manager disc drives i see only one named ST AS when i re hook the problem hdd device manager shows both again So it appears device manager and bios see this HDD thats giving me nite mares i ve tried active undelete and BadCopy Pro But obv theyd fail as windows isnt seeing this drive As in my re search of last several weeks ive heard the SATA drive may be taking itself off line if Windows try to access it too much and that a sata usb bay cable s may sort me out here as im told some have had success when hooked in the traditional way a sata drive fails If this is possible i wont mind another purchase but the software has already set me back a fair bit PS ive seen the youtube video on swapping out the pcb but im also told matching a pcb is near impossible and it shows no physical damage i can see it seems a huge long shot its the pcb i also hear drive getting power and once or x i heard access noise Any further direction in this matter is appreciated Cheers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-seen-in-bios-and-device-manager-but-cant-access-it.173486/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,
My friend's XP machine was in a continuous start-up loop so she ordered a PC repair disk from the internet and tried to fix it, and after that didn't work she called me for help. Now I can't see the drive at all, so I slaved it to my XP machine to try to savage her data. My bios see the WD 40GB slave drive and windows device manager reconize it and says it is working properly but when I open "My Computer" I only see my "C" drive. Can anyone tell me why I can't see the slave drive so that I can remove her data? Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-detected-in-bios-device-manager-but-cant-see-it.306921/
Relevancy 43.86%

As requested a few extra things to add i cannot install uninstall a program because Windows Installer just freezes cannot use task manager to kill a process cannot boot in safe mode only comes up with black screen Windows explorer also comes up as quot Not Responding quot but operates ok if i disable all add ons currently all start up programs have been disabled but problem still persists Also the attach txt did not come up when i ran the dds scr DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Yahya at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Off" responding Task Manager hangs, "Logging Windows Windows and Vista not Installer Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows Windows Vista "Logging Off" hangs, Windows Installer and Task Manager not responding system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows system srvany exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C pvsw bin w dbsmgr exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files SiteAdvisor SAService exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Samsung EBM EasyBatteryMgr exe C Program Files SAMSUNG EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe C Program Files Samsung Samsung Magic Doctor MagicDoctorKbdHk exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Windows system WerCon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system RacAgent exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system taskmgr exe C Windows system msiexec exe c program files windows defender MpCmdRun exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Windows Explorer exe C Windows Explorer exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Yahya AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Users Yahya Desktop dds scr C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www facebook com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uInternet Settings ProxyServer uSearchURL Default hxxp search aol co uk web isinit true amp query s BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO FGCatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c program files flashget jccatch dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E ... Read more

A:Windows Vista "Logging Off" hangs, Windows Installer and Task Manager not responding

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222923/windows-vista-logging-off-hangs-windows-installer-and-task-manager-not-responding/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi All, I have added new SSD into my laptop and also migrated OS from current HDD to this SSD. I have verified and tested that from F9 I am able to cleanly boot into this new SSD disk with amazing speed and no issues. Now I wanted to set this SSD as default in boot options where currently it is showing both HDD and SSd. But this OS Boot Manager sub menu does not allow me to change the sequence. It is showing both and by default it is booting to HDD OS, unless I manually interrupt using Esc and F9. As of now both HDD and SSD are available in my laptop with OS. Could anyone please suggest how can I make this SSD as default boot? ThanksVamshi 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-default-BIOS-OS-Boot-Manager-Options-to-SSD/td-p/5636647
Relevancy 43.43%

I haven't touched this laptop in a while... I received a virus which then slowed down my computer and made it really really slow to get into the windows log in screen. It wouldn't go past that.

Now, 2 months later, I'm trying to install Ubuntu as my only OS. I hope this will get rid of whatever past problem I had. Is this true?

The problem with this, is when I power it up and turn it on, the computer only goes to the "Toshiba Leading innovation" H2 BIOS screen. From here, the laptop screen keeps turning black/blank at random intervals (the disk drive kicks up after it turns blank). The screen returns to the BIOS screen... and I keep hitting F12 and nothing.

It's a Toshiba satellite L655-S5075 and I've had it for about 2.5 years now. Could it be a hardware problem??

Relevancy 43.43%

Story of my life..I'm confused. I updated my BIOS as I was having a problem mentioned in one of the updates. I was using the Easyflash2 by Asus and the update succeeded but when it re-booted I got the awful news..boot mgr missing. Would my best bet be to just re-image? Thanks for your help.

A:Boot manager missing after BIOS update

Hello mate.

Start by having a look through this tutorial at the link below, if doing the 3 separate startup repairs doesn't sort the issue, you may have to use the outlines in Option Two to mark the Windows 7 partition as Active and then do the startup repairs again; be sure to post back with any further questions you may have and to keep us informed.

Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/159935-boot-manager-missing-after-bios-update.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hallo
first post here; I have a Linx 8 tablet running Windows 10, and despite several hours of web/forum trawling I cannot access my BIOS settings to view my boot manager, either through the Settings/Restart method, or in Safe Mode. I can get to a screen that lets me choose between either UEFI Settings or Boot Manager (by holding the power and the volume up buttons together at start up). Selecting the UEFI option takes me to the expected prompt, but choosing Boot Manager just starts Windows as normal. I simply cannot access my Boot Manager; I have disabled Fast Boot.

AFAIK, I have tried all possible options from within Windows 10, is there a keystroke that will allow me to do this?

Thanks
Brendan

A:keystroke(s) to enter BIOS/Boot Manager

See if this will help you UEFI Firmware Settings - Boot to from inside Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums and welcome to Tenforums

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/36603-keystroke-s-enter-bios-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hallo
first post here; I have a Linx 8 tablet running Windows 10, and despite several hours of web/forum trawling I cannot access my BIOS settings to view my boot manager, either through the Settings/Restart method, or in Safe Mode. I can get to a screen that lets me choose between either UEFI Settings or Boot Manager (by holding the power and the volume up buttons together at start up). Selecting the UEFI option takes me to the expected prompt, but choosing Boot Manager just starts Windows as normal. I simply cannot access my Boot Manager; I have disabled Fast Boot.

AFAIK, I have tried all possible options from within Windows 10, is there a keystroke that will allow me to do this?

Thanks
Brendan

A:keystroke(s) to enter BIOS/Boot Manager

See if this will help you UEFI Firmware Settings - Boot to from inside Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums and welcome to Tenforums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/36603-keystroke-s-enter-bios-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I was working on my laptop Lenovo appearing BIOS Detecting Boot in Manager not HDD, G s AMD A gb Ram Tb HDD Win edu suddenly I got a Blue screen error and Windows started collecting data regarding teh error It went till and got stuck there after some time the screen started getting distorted black horizontal lines started coming on screen I power offed the PC using the power button After that I am not able to boot in to my PC My HDD is being detected in BIOS I can read the contents if I connect it via a SATA to USB adapter on a Windows PC But not on an UBUNTU PC but my HDD is not shown in the boot manager I am getting an error saying that quot No Bootable Media Detected Please Restart quot I could start the PC using a USB Ubuntu but couldn't access the drives Got an error saying quot the drives are locked BIOS Detecting HDD, not appearing in Boot Manager please resume windows and shutdown completely quot Where is the problem in my PC Is the hard disk gone or BIOS Detecting HDD, not appearing in Boot Manager BIOS or Mother Board I am attaching the photos of the BIOS settings as a zip file Thanks for the help

A:BIOS Detecting HDD, not appearing in Boot Manager

Sounds like you HDD has crashed.

I'd connect the HDD as you stated above with USB/SATA adapter and backup all your data you want to keep. Then run the diagnostic software from that HDD's maintenance download webpage....ie WD or Seagate, to confirm HDD status.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/61817-bios-detecting-hdd-not-appearing-boot-manager.html
Relevancy 43%

Here s the situation I have hard disks On the first disk Hard gone but manager drive bios/device letter ok in I have all of my programs and the operating system On the second disk I have all of my data I did this intentionally so that I could format the first disk and preserve all of my data Hard drive letter gone but ok in bios/device manager on the second This configuration has Hard drive letter gone but ok in bios/device manager worked fine for approximately one year Yesterday I formatted the first drive and reinstalled WinXP Now I am unable to see the second hard drive in Windows Explorer The system bios recognizes the second drive Likewise when I look in device manager I am able to see the second drive There are no problems there and it is reported as working correctly I can also see the second hard drive in the Disk Management utility from XP The second drive is reported as Healthy Unknown Partition However - this disk is not available to me from Windows Explorer There s no drive letter I have tried to manually assign a drive letter but it s quot grayed out quot and is not selectable as an option The command line utility diskpart shows my drive as hidden but I am unable to unhide it Is there any way for me to get this drive back other than starting over and therefore losing my data Any ideas help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Rodney nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I have an old HP machine and when I turn it on it does not indicate that windows is loading or even give me the option of pressing ESC or F10 to get to the BIOS. It goes straight to the desktop but I can't see the Start Menu or access programs. If I hit Ctrl, Alt, Delete, nothing happens. Any thoughts as to how I could get to the BIOS? I'd like to load LINUX on it, probably SUSE since it's an older machine.

A:Can't access Start Menu, BIOS, Task Manager, etc

If you are going to install something other than Windows...what's with BIOS, Start Menu, etc.?

When is the last time the system worked properly? When did things change?

Pertinent error messages received?

One thing I suggest...before you attempt to install any O/S, it's worth the time to run the appropriate diagnostic on the hard drive.

System model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413194/cant-access-start-menu-bios-task-manager-etc/
Relevancy 43%

made a post amp it's gotten views in days so that leads me to believe this is important for many people besides myself yet it appears HP does not fully support their ENVY series of laptops why do i have to fall between the cracks guys help me out help the community with your envy products the softpaq download manager does not list the envy products in there it appears it is impossible to re-flash the bios do i need to pull a bios chip from a dead envy to repair my dead bios KILLED from an update put out by HP nbsp why isn't the envy laptops mentioned in your SDM old software i've gone Softpaq with HP Download the REFLASHING Manager... BIOS HP ENVY through the steps to try to 'recover' the bios by holding the windows key amp something else during boot for seconds to no avail next and HP ENVY REFLASHING BIOS with the HP Softpaq Download Manager... seemingly only repair without replacing the bios chip is to reflash it with your softpaq download manager but alas NO ENVY is listed how do i reflash the bios at the very least get me a link to the HP webstore to buy a new bios chip but i havn't gotten that yet either days and nothing cmon guys you can do better than this great show of support sarcasm

A:HP ENVY REFLASHING BIOS with the HP Softpaq Download Manager...

I believe the SDM you are looking at is for "business" class machines such as Elitebook,ProBook,etc. Your driver/BIOS page is here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5395... Document on Restoring BIOS may help: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-ENVY-REFLASHING-BIOS-with-the-HP-Softpaq-Download-Manager/td-p/4648840
Relevancy 43%

I just bought a new 160 WD HDD and installed it into my computer. It was foung in BIOS ok yet its name was blank.. but when i go to look for it in disk management or device manager i cannot find it anywhere. I have switched the SATA port it is plugged into on the motherboard but this hasnt helped at all. Any suggestions??

A:second hdd found in bios but not in Device manager or disk management

Likely a faulty HDD. If the drive was working properly, it would be properly recognized and identified by the BIOS. If the BIOS can't see it properly there is a fault.

Test in a different PC to verify.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/second-hdd-found-in-bios-but-not-in-device-manager-or-disk-management.1105313/
Relevancy 42.57%

I had problems re-installing Symanrtec after a failed attempt to make a LiveUpdate which failed after working for years In addition Contour shuttle peripheral did some funny things lately like loosing settings after switch off PC And Windows update failed first Problems With Installer tiem days ago I guess some spywar or malware is on But I am not an expert Please help me Problems With Installer I did this HJT file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec Program Files Intel ASF Agent ASFAgent exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exec Program Files Dell RAID Storage Manager StorServ exeC Program Files Contour Shuttle ShuttleEngine exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXEC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Common Files Canopus Shared ProCoder Kernel PNXSERVR exeC Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Adobe Adobe Photoshop Lightroom apdproxy exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Zinio ZinioDeliveryManager exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC DOCUME Dell LOCALS Temp Rar EX Hijack This exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ap dell com content default aspx c cn amp l en amp s genR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www ap dell com content default aspx c cn amp l en amp s genR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ap dell com content default aspx c cn amp l en amp s genR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www ap dell com content default aspx c cn amp l en amp s genO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot O - HKLM Run CTSysVol C Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeO - HKLM Run CTDVDDet C Program Files Creative SBAudigy DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXEO - HKLM Run CTHelper CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run AsioReg REGSVR EXE S CTASIO DLLO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startupO - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -startO - HKLM Run CorelDRAW Graphics Suite b C Program Files Corel Corel Graphics Languages EN Programs Registration exe title quot CorelDRAW Graphics Suite quot date serial DR WCX- -KEM lang ENO - HKLM Run NexusServer quot C Program Files Common Files Canopus Shared ProCoder Kernel PNXSERVR exe quot -SelfLaunchO - HKLM Run Easy-PrintToolBox C Program Files Canon Easy-PrintToolBox BJPSMAIN EXE logonO - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - ... Read more

A:Problems With Installer

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum carlicos My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Your version of Sun Java is out of date.Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.Please follow these steps to remove older versions of Sun Java,and then update.1. Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)2. Scroll down to where it says 'Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u2'.3. Click the "Download" button to the right.4. Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".5. The page will refresh.6. Click on the link to download 'Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language' and save to your desktop.7. Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.8. Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.9. Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.10. Click the Change/Remove button.11. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.12. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.13. Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u2-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.Download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers. Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.Download Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2 to your desktop:Double click on HJTInstall.exe,it will prompt you to extract hijackthis.exe to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis. When the install is complete,HijackThis will automatically launch. When the license agreement appears,select "I Accept" and then click on the "Do a system scan only" button. When the scan is complete,click on the "Save Log" button,then save it to your desktop.Copy and paste the entire contents of that log into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/105950/problems-with-installer/
Relevancy 42.57%

So for a couple weeks now i have been haveing installer problems, all things that use install wizerd and install sheild fail to download. they ushally complet but then the ending message says they dont have privliges even when run on administer or just simpley faild to apply any changes. i am also un able to apply the lateist windows update, it works fine and dandy then when i restart it fails to apply any updates and reverts back to how it was. Im sorry if this is vauge bit this is becomeing quite a annoying problem.

A:Installer Problems

Try the Microsoft FixIt: Troubleshoot problems with installing updates - WindowsUpdate_dt000

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installer-problems-695603.html
Relevancy 42.57%

running xp pro build 2. ran into a problem trying to uninstall/reinstall Norton. Get the error for win istaller: not a win 32 file or something like that. Norton support could not help said I'd have to contact microsoft. Norton analyist tried a few things but was unsuccessfull : said the win installer prgm was corrupt and he needed that prgm to reinstall Norton

help?

jj

A:installer problems

note: tried to download the newer MSI and got the following messeage on atempting to run it : update.exe is not a valid Win 32 application

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installer-problems-213552.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I keep getting errors when trying to install programs. I tried to copy/paste the error information from the error report window but that didn't work. How do I get the technical data to you guys for analysis?

I've already tried a hotfix from MS called Windows Installer 4.5 but that didn't change anything.

A:Installer problems

What program are you trying to install? What is the error message?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installer-problems-869842.html
Relevancy 42.57%

when i try to download anything (like anti-virus ware and updates) i get a popup that says:

"the publisher could not be verified. are you sure you want to run this software?"

when i say yes i get a new popup which says:

"NSIS error
the installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. this could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus. you may want to contact the author of this installer and obtain a new copy.

it may be possible to skip this disk check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)

i also have trouble opening my hotmail account and some websites, i have to try three and four times to open links. i'm pretty sure it's a virus but cannot download anything to deal with it!

A:Installer Problems

See this discussion thread in regards to "the publisher could not be verified".?NSIS Error. The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/170775/installer-problems/
Relevancy 42.57%

I ve been having some problems installing both NET Framework SP and Windows Media Player which supposedly needs all critical updates in order to install so hopefully fixing one will solve the other Anyway I have my log file here from trying to install the NET Framework SP since it s failed every time from the Microsoft website so hopefully you folks Installer Problems can help me out Verbose logging started Build type SHIP UNICODE Calling process C WINDOWS system msiexec exe MSI c C C Resetting cached policy values MSI c C C Machine policy value Debug is MSI c C C RunEngine Product CB F EDD- D F- C - FC- Installer Problems F EAE A Action CommandLine PATCH quot C Documents and Settings Matthew Bray Local Settings Temp tmp A tmp quot REBOOT ReallySuppress MSI c C C Machine policy value DisableUserInstalls is MSI c C C Cloaking enabled MSI c C C Attempting to enable all disabled priveleges before calling Install on Server MSI c C C End dialog not enabled MSI c C C Original package gt C WINDOWS Installer dd msi MSI c C C Package we re running from gt C WINDOWS Installer dd msi MSI c C C APPCOMPAT looking for appcompat database entry with ProductCode CB F EDD- D F- C - FC- F EAE A MSI c C C APPCOMPAT no matching ProductCode found in database MSI c C C MSCOREE not loaded loading copy from system MSI c C C Unable to create a temp copy of patch C Documents and Settings Matthew Bray Local Settings Temp tmp A tmp This patch package could not be opened Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package C WINDOWS Installer dd msi MSI c C C Note MSI c C C Note MSI c C C Note MSI c C C Product Microsoft NET Framework -- Installation failed MSI c C C MainEngineThread is returning Verbose logging stopped nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

I need help I have a year old Dell XPS in fine working Installer problems order confirmed via Installer problems recent diagnostics with a bit Vista Home Premium OS and have kept up with all updates over the years But beginning yesterday I ve encountered a whole slew of problems with Windows Among them the Installer no longer works I get an error message that the side to side configuration is incorrect My Threatfire program won t function Installer problems due to the configuration issue and I keep getting the blank orange sidebar calendar The clock was an hour off too but I fixed that The fixes have resulted in new problems Using the MS Fixit program to install an update to Silverlight resulted in the Fixit program uninstalling Silverlight altogether The suggested fixes to updating the Installer required me to install a more recent version of Visual C I tried several methods to update upgrade Visual C but none worked so as a last resort I took the advice of some on line forums and uninstalled the Visual C with the intent of reinstalling it Unfortunately I can t reinstall Visual C because the Installer no longer works I can t even install IE because of these issues To top things off the Restore program no longer works The error message says there is an unidentified problem with the program and to contact Microsoft In summary I can t uninstall install an application using Windows one of my anti virus programs is disabled because the side to side configuration is messed up I no longer have Silverlight or Visual C on my computer I can t install IE and the Restore function doesn t work Get the picture My problem is where do I start Which is the st issue I must tackle One more thing I ve kept up with all of the updates over the years and know installed SP but today my computer gave me conflicting answers A system check says I only have SP installed but when I tried to install the SP I received a message that said SP was already installed on my computer I can probably live without Silverlight Visual C and IE and I have other anti virus programs but I really need to know what is going on before I suffer a complete system meltdown Any help is appreciated BTW I m somewhat computer challenged so bear with me

A:Installer problems

You would be best served by starting with a malware check as that is what all this sounds like.
Have a read here and then post logs requested in the Virus/Spyware Forum:
NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installer-problems-620853.html
Relevancy 42.57%

y doesn't my installer work?

A:installer problems

hi and welcome you could start here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798 but some more info would be helpfull you can also try this http://www.vistax64.com/vista-instal...-versions.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installer-problems-355065.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I just flashed a UEFI BIOS and did a clean install. I'm getting the error 0xc000000e only on reboot. If i shut down and turn on again it boots windows no problem. Please help!

A:Windows 7 and UEFI BIOS Boot Manager error 0xc000000e

What are the exact UEFI, CSM and Legacy BIOS settings in BIOS setup? Did you do a UEFI install, booting from a UEFI device to install, or did you install to Legacy MBR disk?

Unplug all peripherals and try again.

If you can get into Safe Mode, establish a Clean Boot from Troubleshooting steps in picture below. Then test your hard drive, RAM and work through the other steps to go over your install and hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/335248-windows-7-uefi-bios-boot-manager-error-0xc000000e.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have installed windows 7 professional 64 bit (SP1) using USB pendrive. Though installation was all ok. But now I have another problem. When I start my laptop samsung brand logo occurs and it stalls. Everytime I have to press F10 during start up and select windows boot manager.No flawless start up. Please help me to remove windows boot manager during start up.I would be very grateful

A:Remove BIOS message (windows boot manager) while start up

Did you delete all partitions during the booted Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7?

If not I'd start over and this time wipe the HD first with Diskpart Clean Command, reset the BIOS to defaults, set SATA controller to AHCI.

If you'll stick with the steps, tools and methods in the tutorial above you will get and keep a perfect install for as long as you do.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339980-remove-bios-message-windows-boot-manager-while-start-up.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Gentlemen I am an intermediate user with Windows XP Pro - SP I have a problem that so far has been impossible to fix Windows Installer Windows Big Problems Installer does not work It stooped working when I tried to install a D software package and the program asked which installer I wanted to use I chose the wrong one The installer worked well from the software Big Windows Installer Problems package but the Windows Installer never worked again I have tried all of the following a copy Big Windows Installer Problems the installer from an identical XP system to the correct location b tried to install both the Microsoft fix Installer and The Installer cleanup package They would not install because the Windows Installer is broke DUUUH c Re-registered all the dlls that have been recommended My Windows update obviously does not work so I have a big problem I do not want to pay to Microsoft when they may even say that I must reload the operating system Can anyone help with a step by step process to regain control of my computer without reloading all my software G and updating to SP Thanks brogall nbsp

A:Big Windows Installer Problems

I don't have the knowledge to help on this, but will make two suggestions.

Try sfc /scannow. Doubt this will be of any benefit, but it's "cheap" to try.

Before resigning yourself to a fresh install, try an XP Repair Install. You'll still have to update to SP3 and the more recent (~65) critical updates but if all goes well the great majority or all your installed programs will still be OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/big-windows-installer-problems.908146/
Relevancy 42.14%

Recently WI (4.5 msiexec.exe) started freezing my PC, when trying to update/install msi programs. Tryed uninstall SP2 (msiexec.exe 4.5), and WI 4.0 in SP1 worked fine. After reinstalling SP2 the problem returned. How to fix WI problems?

A:Windows Installer problems

Hi sgar:
Download and install WI 4.5 agian.
Windows Installer 4.5 is available
It may help.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279652-windows-installer-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Although I have rectified my problem of being unable to install and run GIMP I simply used system restore to a point 2 days after my reinstall of windows(why I never thought of that in the first place put down to a Senior Moment)because I was transferred to here because of possible infection of computer I would like to be assured that every thing is okay, link to initial post

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514590/gimp-installer-problems/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515129/gimp-installer-problems/
Relevancy 42.14%

I just installed XP Pro SP1 on a computer - formatted the hard drive in the process. After the installation, I'm trying to install some applications and in every single case, the installer won't run and has to shut down. Even when I put in the XP cd. It doesn't matter what application it is. Autorun crashes and when I explore the cd and try to run setup it crashes too.

Why would this be happening. Please help - it's for my inlaws!

Chris

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-installer-in-new-xp-installation.319798/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm having problems with maplesea installer. It just doesnt seem to load.
I'm using Windows Vista and i've tried almost everything in my knowledge, including running the installer in compatibility mode with Windows Xp and running it as admin. I thought it was corrupt and downloaded again and again but it doesnt seem to work.

My computer specs are:

Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel(R) Core(TM)2Duo CPU T7700 @ 2.4GHZ, 800 MHzFSB, 4MB L2 cache
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400XT HyperMemory up to 1279MB
3GB DDR2
320GB HDD

Would be great if anyone could help me out with this one.

A:Maplestory Installer Problems.

You need to wait for an update to the client as the current program does not support Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/maplestory-installer-problems.773548/
Relevancy 42.14%

Beating my head against the wall here on this one to no avail Trying to clean install win RC x on the machine Installer problems. ITE8211 and in Installer and ITE8211 problems. my signature and it won't let me get past the load drivers page What drivers could it possibly need Vista installer needed my RAID driver on this same machine but was happy to Installer and ITE8211 problems. skip it and not load any drivers if I just disabled RAID Chipset on motherboard is Intel G and ICH R Tried so far -I pulled out all my hard drives except my raptor -Disabled RAID in the BIOS -Pulled out my memory card reader -Disabled AHCI in the BIOS Even if I try an upgrade install that fails on the starting services service start up failed please reboot only to do it again Originally working with that thread hoping for some fresh insight on this board Win x on ICH R - Storageforum I learned something Took a fresh hard drive and did a clean install of vista on it needed the F ICH R drivers and left RAID on and everything no problem Then attempted win upgrade similar problem but I ran into a little more info picture below ITE driver What the hell Vista has that built in Intel doesn't have anything listed for Vista or win ITE because Installer and ITE8211 problems. it is supposed to be built in I would guess I tried feeding it the XP x ITE driver for the heck of it but of course it didn't like that either I know there are other people running the same chipset out ther with win I got the ITE x driver cab from the windows update catalog but win won't touch it as it claims it isn't signed

A:Installer and ITE8211 problems.

Fixed. The vista 64 ITE driver from the Taiwan Integrated Technology site did it. This isn't posted anywhere else that I can tell. I think anyone else with ITE8211 or even ITE8212 will be searching for this thread.

http://www.ite.com.tw/EN/products_mo...ryID=3&ID=5,72

Win7 did not need the ICH9R driver during a clean install.

Disabling PATA or disconnecting the drives wasn't exactly an option when that's the drive I need to boot the DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/12380-installer-ite8211-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I am trying to install EarthlinkTotalAccess2004 and keep getting the following error message:
"C:\Windows\Access\Earthlink TAR.msi returned 1635"

I have down the following with the advice from Earthlink support:
1. reloaded WindowXP and the updates
2. Removed all Earthlink registry from my computer and re-downloaded their software from both, a CD and their Web site.

I still receive the same error message. Is there a way to fix this windows installer message?

Thanks, Chuck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-problems.206262/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi.I recently did a complete re install of windows 7 on my computer after installing all up dates/software I went to download and run Gimp which was on my machine previously but I keep getting the message 

INSTALLER
"There was an error processing the product information
 Please try down loading the Installer again".
No matter how many times I do retry the same message pops up.
I tried installing an early edition thinking that if this runs I can update to the later version only to have the message that
"Gimp-2.6.0-i686-setup-1,exe couldn't be downloaded"
I'm not a genius with computers but try my best to learn but this problem as me stumped  

A:Gimp Installer Problems

Hi,

Have you tried downloading the latest version of GIMP, which is 2.8.8 and can be obtained from here: http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514590/gimp-installer-problems/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi wondered if any one can help. Just recently when i turn computer on, some desk top items vanish and i get windows installer appear for microsoft programs and msn messenger i have to input the office disk in order for them to work it also removes some programs from "all programs" bottom left in the start up menu.....please help i have no idea at all, i am using Windows xp kind regards,Keith

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-problems-394959.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey guys,
just wonding if you could help me out with a problem I am having.
I got a problem with installing some programs. Most things that come on cd like games instal just fine. Programs that I have downloaded or use the windows installer will not install at all. I keep getting this error pop up. See attachment.
can you help,
Charlie

A:Windows installer problems

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888019

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-problems.456882/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have Windows Vista Home Premium and problems vista installer recently whenever I try to install a program on it I get error messages and the installation fails I just tried to install software for my new wireless mouse and I got the following message quot Setup could not install a required component Microsoft Application Error Reporting Restart your computer and try running Setup again If this error happens again see the Readme vista installer problems file in Help for more information Error Code quot It doesn t matter what I try to install if the windows installer is required it fails I also get error Can you tell me how to fix this I think my Windows installer is corrupted but I bought the computer at Walmart and I did not get any vista installer problems CDs with it My computer is a Dell Inspiron I use McAfee antivirus program No other spyware or malware or virus programs are installed or running on vista installer problems it Can you help Thanks in Advance Sherbatts nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-installer-problems.920863/
Relevancy 42.14%

I am running Vista Home Premium bit and have recently encountered a problem when trying to install uninstall some Windows problems Installer programs I receive the following error message - ''The Windows Installer service could not be accessed This can occur if the windows installer has Windows Installer problems not been correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance'' I have tried everything on the Microsoft site and I cannot even install the windows installer cleanup utility I get the error message in a box Windows Installer problems titled 'Windows Script Host' in a blue titled box then underneath Script C Users TONYL AppData local Temp IXP Tmp Start MSi vbs Line Char Error Permission Denied Code A Source Microsoft VBScript runtime error I have also tried sfc scannow and it comes back with - 'Windows Resource Protection did not find any intergrity violations' I have tried contacting Microsoft but cannot get an answer does anybody know what is wrong and how to correct the problem I have tried running reg-cleaners and system restores back to the beginning of the month but the problem persists

A:Windows Installer problems

You need to run the setup program for the windows installer cleanup utility as an administrator. Right-click on that file and click "Run as administrator" in the menu. That'll take care of the 800A0046 error code.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259201-windows-installer-problems.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I too am having windows installer problems. I downloaded the utility but when i ran it i got the "This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package." message. now what? (bemused). Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, can anyone help? I get this message at the start of trying to install "Hidden & Dangerous"...

"could not find any previuosly installed compliant products on this machine"

A:Installer problems on Vista?

Try to use the compatibility mode.

RIght Click on the application, go to properties, and then compatiblity tab.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installer-problems-on-vista.644776/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I am using WinXP SP mechines whole lab f computers with Windows Server I have every thing inorder before I install SP It is true it solve many security loop holes Windows Problems!! Installer but also done lot of trouble in compatibility I am installing an application using windows installer at first I have this problem in computers only I tried alot of solutions make sure msiexec is presenent check imagepath in regedit as x windows system msiexec V msiexec uregister Windows Installer Problems!! msiexec regserver regedit Check permissions of system on HKEY CLASSES ROOT should be full control Expand stdole tl c windows system stdole tlb similarly stdole and stdole SFC Scannow and last but not least Windows installer cleanup utility http support microsoft com default aspx scid kb en- us Windows Installer Problems!! funny Windows Installer Problems!! the utility gave me the same error I solved it by redeploying their images with symantec corporate ghost But now this is not to easy to do it I cloned them back install all the applications first and then install sp and blah after restarting it cuople of times same error unfortunately I forgot to install an application Please Help me because now all computers are having same problem mhadi nbsp

A:Windows Installer Problems!!

Can you tell us which application you are trying to install and give us the exact error message?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-problems.272716/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I'm new to tech forums so not sure where to post things but I'm hoping some one can help... When I try installing certain things an error message comes up saying The windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.

My computer is not running in safe mode.
Please help
Thanks

A:Windows installer problems

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/wininstallnt.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-installer-problems-390660.html
Relevancy 42.14%

When i tried to install my webcam I got a warning message saying: "you can only install one device at a time, another device installation is underway...." but nothing else was being installed.

also, i am having problems downloading other programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-windows-installer.343710/
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm running MS Vista Home Premium SP1 on a Intel Pentium Dual-Core 1.72 GHz processor with 1 GB RAM and 60 GB HD (32 GB filled).

I was trying to install the Google Pack of free software and came across a mystery. Spyware Doctor & Google Chrome web browser installed fine, but Norton Security Scan and Skype failed. I tried several times, and even downloaded Skype separately, but always was getting an error concerning the Windows Installer service. Skype noted Error 1601, and Norton listed "Setup was unable to update the MSI system component" and directed me to a site that basically had me reinstalling the Windows Installer service.

I did this, with no success. Then I accessed Services and tried to start the Installer manually. I got the error "Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified".

I also tried running MSIEXEC and unregistering & reregistering the service. Still no success.

Please, can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-problems.785378/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have tried to get this problem resolved earlier with no success Here is my Windows Installer Problems current HijackThis Scan Windows Installer Windows Installer Problems will not start I get quot Windows could not start the Windows Installer service on Local Computer Error Oxc Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Windows OEM Mon exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows System WLTRAY EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exe C Program Files Fingerprint Reader Suite psqltray exe C Program Files Common Files aol ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sigmatel C-Major Audio WDM sttray exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files RDVR AgentServer exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files PFU ScanSnap CardMinder CardLauncher exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files PFU ScanSnap Driver PfuSsMon exe C Program Files SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe c Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files AOL waol exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files AOL shellmon exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users jeff AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users jeff AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users jeff AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNot... Read more

A:Windows Installer Problems

Have you tried reinstalling windows installer?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...6F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-installer-problems.917632/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Guys,

I have recently tried to install a number of programmes and each time get the same problem. After loading the .exe file I get the message

"The windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if the windows installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance"

After seeing this I have gone into Services and tried to start windows installer to recieve the message

"Windows could not start the Windows explorer service on local computer.

Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified"

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time.

Kevin

A:Windows Installer Problems

Sorry this is using Vista Home Premium aswell.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-installer-problems-578566.html