Windows Support Forum

Battery replacement for Inspiron 17 5000 (5759) integrated battery

Q: Battery replacement for Inspiron 17 5000 (5759) integrated battery

Hi, I am gonna purchase the new Inspiron 17 5000 (5759). Just wondering if I am gonna change the battery in the future? How can I do that? Or we just can't change it? Thank you for your help!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996112
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Battery replacement for Inspiron 17 5000 (5759) integrated battery

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 33.11%

Hey guys... I just got a new EVGA GTX650 ti boost superclocked. I just put it in and I was not getting any signal to my monitor. I tried VGA, HDMI and DVI. Nothing worked and when I took it out to try booting with my integrated graphics, I didn't get any signal to my monitor. All of my connections and wires are connected properly, my power supply is the right voltage and has enough power to support my graphics card. My hard drives are spinning but I cant access my BIOS. I have tried everything that is common. I know my graphics card is not defective and im thinking that it might be my motherboard. Any suggestions?

A:My integrated graphics won't work

You were using integrated graphics before the discrete card? It's strange that your onboard isn't working if it was before hand. Usually it's just a overlooked cable or something plugged in the wrong place. Did you make any changes to BIOS? Some boards require you to change the primary display adapter to PCIE or onboard. Maybe a BIOS reset will help the situation. I doubt there is any issues with the MOBO itself. I suggest stripping the build down to nothing but the bear essential components for operation. This way you can isolate the issue a lot easier.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-integrated-graphics-wont-work.194322/
Relevancy 30.96%

Integrated graphics solutions won't get you far when it comes to gaming, but they've evolved to the point that you can actually get decent frame rates in relatively modern games with the right graphics settings. Looking to remove some of...

Read more

A:Intel launches website to help gamers on integrated graphics get a boost in gaming performance

So they're teaching you how to move all the sliders to the left? ^___^

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-launches-website-to-help-gamers-on-integrated-graphics-get-a-boost-in-gaming-performance.214204/
Relevancy 32.68%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have been experiencing this battery in drain but plugged L745 Toshiba charging says to continues problem for quite a while now Whenever I plug in my laptop while it Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain s in use the power and battery LED lights would suddenly turn red and start blinking Whenever that happens my battery will say it s quot Plugged in charging quot though the battery percentage continues to go down and my Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain laptop would eventually warn Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain me about having my power being to low and is need of charging I have to remove the ac plug then put it back again for it to stop though it will come back again and I would repeat the process until it s fully charged The battery still works and charges it does not even drain that fast except when I m doing some heavy work that is in need to consume more power Also I have already tried using it without the battery attached and it still works Though recently it blacked out when I was playing C I ve been playing on it for hours at most I thought that the reason this happens is because the laptop stops receiving any electricity power but I don t know which is at fault Can you please give me any idea of what may be wrong It s really starting to annoy me nbsp

A:Toshiba L745 says plugged in charging but battery continues to drain

I would suggest that you replace that battery, especially if it is over a year old

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-l745-says-plugged-in-charging-but-battery-continues-to-drain.187328/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello,

I've got a Dell Inspiron 9400.

For a few years now the left half of the screen is really dark, with the other side normal brightness and a noticeable divide between the two. This only happens when the power supply is plugged in, the screen is fine when running off the battery.

I remember at the time doing a quick search and reading that it was likely to be a faulty battery, so that was replaced but didn't make a difference. Very few searches come back with an exact match of my situation, but keep seeing to detach the LCD cables and make sure they're in good condition yet haven't seen any success stories.

Does anyone know the problem?

Oli

A:Dell Inspiron half of the screen is dark

Does attaching an external monitor show the same problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-half-of-the-screen-is-dark.187509/
Relevancy 24.94%

My hard drive died and I took it to a computer shop where he put in a new one and windows XP, as no one had a vista disc. Since I got it back the blue Fn key doesn't work. Numbers lock works, but all the F keys, volume controls, brightness controls and my crt/lcd don't work at all. Dell doesn't seem to have a driver that I can find. Does anyone have one that would fix this? Is there another way to use the F keys, especially the crt/lcd without having to use the Fn key?

A:Fn key not working on Inspiron 1501 with XP

Be sure you are the registered owner, then call Dell Tech support, and ask them to send you the install disk set... It is usually free for the original owner, if not supplied at time of purchase.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fn-key-not-working-on-inspiron-1501-with-xp.156952/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have just added a new SSD drive does recognize 1720 Inspiron in modular boot bay not BIOS sequence HDD in the modular bay of my Inspiron The SSD drive in modular bay is accessible if I boot using my normal harddrive or USB DVD-ROM drive for OS installation which I managed to install on the SSD drive Once boot using my regular HDD I can see the drive is set to Disk in Windows Disk Management And my other HDDs Inspiron 1720 BIOS does not recognize modular bay HDD in boot sequence as Disk and Disk I can boot thru HDD or HDD by selecting them in boot sequence However the SSD drive is not available as part of the boot sequence in the BIOS setup or F boot sequence The BIOS though recognize that there is an SSD drive attached Inspiron 1720 BIOS does not recognize modular bay HDD in boot sequence in modular drive bay My Inspiron is using the latest A BIOS and I could not find a way to include the SSD as part of the boot sequence The boot sequence works when I put back the DVD-ROM drive which boots without any problem with any bootable CD DVD Is there any way I can make the modular bay SSD bootable other than of course putting the SSD in the HDD or HDD caddy which some thing I do not wish to do Please help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-1720-bios-does-not-recognize-modular-bay-hdd-in-boot-sequence.210955/
Relevancy 73.1%

My Dell has been acting up pretty recently (6 months old and still under warranty), and the battery does not charge past 80%. Once it get's near the 80% charge, it immediately fills up to 100%.

I've remembered using the laptop for more than 6 hours under moderate use but now it barely lasts 2 hours.

Please give me some advice because I'm really dependent on this laptop.

A:Dell Inspiron 3437 Battery Issue

You have 6 or 8 cells battery. If 6 it's normall. Should work about 2-max 3 hours when new. On 8 cells could work till 5 h.
Producers give only 6 months of warranty on bateries

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3437-battery-issue.210804/
Relevancy 49.45%

Dell 1764 New Laptop
Need more details please ask...

Looking for advice, thanks

A:Laptop only works on AC when battery is removed

Sounds like the battery is possibly faulty. Have you tried removing it, then locking it back into position?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-only-works-on-ac-when-battery-is-removed.153344/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, am prepared to be labelled "thick as mince" however I wonder if anyone can advise how to proceed with the following: Replaced cracked laptop screen on a TM99, on first start up after replacement, the screen worked.....woohoo!, however.....on next startup, there was nothing, no lights, no start up screen...nada. Replaced new with original screen, which although cracked had worked, and it too now failed. Any ideas? The cable for the screen was seated properly and securely, nothing else was moved so am struggling to establish a reason for this non conformance. Could it possibly be a jammed "lid closed" switch? If this is potentially the culprit, anyone know whereabouts it is? Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-tm99-laptop-failed-screen-replacement.208913/
Relevancy 24.94%

My Dell Inspiron 5520 will respond when I press the power button, will flash all the LEDs and then just shut down. The whole process takes about 6 seconds. The fan starts up but nothing is displayed on the screen and there are no weird beeps. Any ideas on what is happening or how to get it to complete booting up?

I got this in December of 2012 and have had very few other problems with it

A:Dell Inspiron 5520 Will not start up

Are you comfortable with disassembling the laptop? Really the only thing we can test is removing the Hard Drive, RAM, and DVD player.

First I would try the HD and DVD to see if either of those are stopping it from powering for what ever reason, and you will still get something on the screen and see if it boots.

Once you remove RAM you are not going to get anything on the screen, it doesn't POST(Power-On Self-Test) it will fail guaranteed, but you "SHOULD" get beeps, however the problem with that is ensuring the MB is actually causing the Beep, and if it's not it'll just do the same thing regardless, it's best to have some spare RAM that you know works to test with. (Same speeds and kind, need to be sure) The reason for this is to make sure that it's not RAM but you're not just getting the same issue.

Putting in some spare RAM will at least allow you to ensure it's not just the RAM chips, one thing to try if you have multiple sticks of RAM is try each stick separately, and in each slot to make sure it's not one stick or one slot causing and issue.

The only other things to make sure is the power that is getting to the laptop is clean power. Two ways to do this as well, firstly you can test the power supply using a Multi-Meter if you have one and know how to use it. You can check the voltages on the power supply, Connect to the wall and test the first portion to ensure 120V clean power, then if its good, test it going through the transformer and check the bottom of the laptop (Possibly underneath the battery) for the proper Voltage and Amperage. Test with the multimetre and see if it matches, if its not giving proper power it can cause tons of issues.

The other option is to buy a universal power supply and change the voltage to match the laptop and then try it. Due note that not ALL universals work with all models of laptop and that it's not the recommended way of power, it's best to use the adapter designed by the company, specially for HP's and Dell's as they seem to be much more proprietary than other companies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-5520-will-not-start-up.208719/
Relevancy 49.88%

Smartphone manufactures have focused in bringing innovative features to the phone and adding the same yearly basis. Why someone does not focus in increasing the battery life in smartphone.

Looks like served with all different cuisine of food on a table, but don't have hands to eat it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-life-is-drowning.208428/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi guys wish you all a great new year.

im facing a very annoying issue with my laptop, some keys are not working, the left **** and the windows key I just don't know whats happening.

can someone please help mw with that.

thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-7537-shift-and-windows-key-not-working.207933/
Relevancy 33.11%

I'm doing a simple build for my parents and when I boot it up the monitor doesn't respond. Everything is hooked up properly and I've tried a different monitor.
Processor - i3-3240 with hd 2500 integrated graphics
Motherboard - ASRock H61MV-ITX

A:Integrated graphics not working

Issue resolved. Sorry I dont know how to delete the thread

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-not-working.207495/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,

I was looking to upgrade my Dell Insprion 2330 all-in-one PC to a solid state drive, to improve the performance. Firstly, is this possible? If so, is it practical?

Currently I have the factory 2TB hard disk installed and it seems a shame to loose all that storage space. From what I have seen it may be possible to replace the blu-ray drive with a SSD instead? Primarily I would be looking to run my operating system of the SSD and then use the existing drive for the bulk of my storage. That being said I am not sure if I would want to loose my blu-ray player either. I don't use it all that much, but it is still nice to have it there. I understand I may need to make some compromises to make the upgrade, so hopefully someone will be able to point me in the best direction and tell me whether it is really worth it. My PC doesn't run slow my any stretch, but from what I have seen it can make a big difference!

Thanks in advance,

Alex

A:SSD upgrade for Dell Inspiron 2330, is it possible?

Technically speaking, yes you could replace the hard drive with an SSD. I have never changed anything (hardware wise) with an All-In-One unit, but it must be possible. If you are looking to keep the extra storage space, you could take the 2TB hard drive and put it in an external hard drive case and connect it to one of your two USB 3.0 ports. That way you still have storage space to use while keeping your Blu-ray drive and having a SSD for your Operating System and Programs. It wont be as fast as leaving it inside connected with a SATA cable, but it will be better then connecting it USB 2.0 or not using it at all. If you do go through with this "venture", take photos and document what you did each step and then post them up here. May come in handy for someone else in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-upgrade-for-dell-inspiron-2330-is-it-possible.206923/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi guys,

I am replacing the stock fan/heatsink on my HIS Radeon HD 6790 with the Arctic Accellero R2 Plus. This fan has a 3 pin and 4 pin option for the fan. The stock fan is only 2 pin...black and red. The aftermarket fan's wiring is black, red and yellow, and black (ground), red (VDC), yellow (signal) and blue (PWM).

My question is can I just splice the original connector with just red and black into the aftermarket wiring? The fan came with a molex adapter but I'd rather the video card be able to regulate the fan rather than it just be going full out all the time. Is the factory red and black also considered VDC and ground?

Thanks in advance!
More about : 6790 fan pinout aftermarket fan replacement

"There is only one way to boot a computer..."

A:HIS HD 6790 Fan Pinout (Aftermarket Fan Replacement)

Chris, if the fan will plug into the motherboard, it will regulate the speed and u will be alright.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/his-hd-6790-fan-pinout-aftermarket-fan-replacement.206709/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hey!! So basically I need a new one and I have decided over what to buy and did some research but I want to check in with you guys just to be sure that the gpu and psu are compatible. This is what I want: GTX 760 2gb Physx CUDA; and my current psu is: Silver Power SP-S650. Never had a gpu that needed two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors before so I want to be super sure that I got it right )

A:Graphic card replacement

Silver Power SP-S650 650W PSU
ATX 12V V2.3, 80 Plus Bronze, Standard, 4x 6+2pin PCIe, 14x SATA, 7x MolexClick to expand...

By the link in the quote you have a PSU with 4x 6+2pin PCIe connectors, and 650W is plenty for two GTX 760 in SLI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-replacement.206486/
Relevancy 43%

I've been having an issue which started this morning. The previous night, I forgot to plug in my Dell Inspiron N5050 after using it. I woke up to find that my battery had died (obviously). I plugged in the laptop, running Windows 7 HE 64 bit, and turned it on. It booted normally and I was able to do all of my tasks as needed. Then I noticed my problem. The battery icon down on the taskbar showed that the device was plugged in, but was not charging. It has stayed at a constant 2% charge for more than 24 hours now. The Battery Meter stated that my battery is performing normally, so I ruled the battery out as the cause. The adapter I am using is the default one that came with the laptop when I bought it, and it appears to be functioning normally as well. What could be the cause of this incident, and what can I do to fix it?

A:Battery Stated as "Plugged in, Not Charging"

Most likely you have a bad battery. Dell has had whole series of batteries that they shipped out in a not fully functional state. I have an HP laptop (about 8 years old now) that the battery took a "steamy one" and it will no longer charge properly. You can try this trick (it may not work, but worth a try because did work for me a couple times): power down laptop and take the battery out for 30 minutes; replace battery and plug in charger but do not power on; wait 4 hours of charge and power on. I had it work a couple times that it gave a full 100% charge. Again, if it doesn't work then sorry, but at least you tried.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-stated-as-plugged-in-not-charging.203683/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey guys, building a new PC, and I decided not to go too cheap with core components and leave the video card until later, while still getting everything in one go. Now this being the case, I will need to run non-dedicated graphics for a while (which are decent nowadays). Anyway, I want to go with the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Motherboard and an AMD A10-6800K Richland CPU,

Will the video outputs on the motherboard work with the APU and will I be able to use integrated video until I get a dedicated video card?

The Newegg page for the motherboard says "Integrated Video: None", so I am a little bit confused, is there no integrated video chipset because that's what the CPU is now being an APU?

A:AMD A10-6800K with what motherboard for integrated video?

I just built a home office build system for my parents using that exact board with an A4-6300 Richland in a Cooler Master HAF 912 (I really like this case for microATX boards). The board was great to work with and since the APU is on the chip itself my folks didn't need to purchase a video card.

So to answer your question: Yes you'll get your video.

* I would seriously consider getting an aftermarket cooler to replace the heatsink that comes with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-a10-6800k-with-what-motherboard-for-integrated-video.205551/
Relevancy 49.45%

Good day PC masters/expert/etc, can I ask something? about my computer, the cmos battery of my motherboard just last with in a week what should I do? need some help or tips, thanks a lot

-gaz

A:Cmos Battery Drain Fast

Gazher said:

Good day PC masters/expert/etc, can I ask something? about my computer, the cmos battery of my motherboard just last with in a week what should I do? need some help or tips, thanks a lot

-gazClick to expand...

I am not an expert. my limted experience with CMOS battery (CR2032) tells me that it will last for years. for replacement, I use energizer brand which costs less than a dollar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-battery-drain-fast.206249/
Relevancy 28.81%

My gaming computer turned in February and now that it s no longer under warranty things are going wrong This week in the middle of a project the machine rebooted on its own It restarted but shortly after did replacement PSU question it again and again I still have free tech support and two tech s offered help on what could be causing it First I replaced the cooling system thinking the PSU replacement question one installed failed and the cpu was overheating doing it It still rebooted I purchased software called Hardware Monitor to see if the power supply voltage was bad but it seemed ok then I swapped out the memory in case there was a bad stick It still rebooted My support tech feels it still could be the power supply and suggested I replace it I was told that I would need to buy the exact model and that buying any other would require a complete rebuild of my PC Since the computer is years old the power supply isn t sold anymore I was wondering if it s true that my computer would need to be completely rebuilt if I bought a PSU that wasn t the same The power supply is a Enermax Galaxy EVO w model egx ewt My computer was made by Digital Storm More system details available if needed nbsp

A:PSU replacement question

1. What hardware do you have in your system that needs such power? We need your hardware specs: CPU, GPU, amount of RAM, drives, etc.
2. Why does he believe a complete rebuild is necessary because that particular psu isn't made anymore? Is it a special size? If your case is to standard specs then see point #3.
3. Who is this support tech? Does he work for Digital Storm by chance? Check these psu's that will more than meet your power needs: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...07657 600479299&IsNodeId=1&name=1200W - 1499W
4. Before you spend any $ find someone who has a digital volttage meter and test your psu to see if that is really the cause.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-replacement-question.205941/
Relevancy 24.51%

First of all I would like to sincerly thank Techspot memeber Richard for saving me the cost of a new computer with his posted solution to the closed thread Dell inspiron will not turn on I m was so impressed with Richard s solution that I was compelled to joing Techspot and post this thank you and my Dell 1564 turn on solution will not Inspiron comments I have never posted previously so I hope I m within Techspot protocol A few hours ago my Dell Inspiron would not turn on it appeared that no AC power was getting through the power switch my computer was dead I tried changing batteries using the power cord without a battery plugging the ac power cord in while holding the power button down I tired everything to no avail I went shopping online on my wife s laptop for a new machine On a whim I did an internet search on my Dell Inspiron will not turn on and got directed tp the Techspot thread which contained Richard s solution As Richard instructed I disassembled my failed laptop disconnected and then reconnected the touch pad plugged in the power cord hit the power button and bingo my laptop came on just like it has hundreds of times before This procedure took me about hours I have taken apart about half a dozen laptops over my computing years There is obviously a weakness in the Inspirons around the Sleep Hibernate functions and the mechanism when the laptop Dell Inspiron 1564 will not turn on solution is closed which triggers these functions The mechanism appears to be somehow tied into the touchpad So disconnecting and then reconnecting the touchpad resets the functions I just had a thought I wonder if disabling and then enabling the touchpad through the windows control panel would do the same thing as physically disconnecting and reconnecting the hardware It would be a lot easier and quicker fix then disecting a laptop Oh well hopefully it won t happen to me again so I will never know I ve diabled the sleep and Hibernate functions on my computer so hopefully It won t have another near death experience It will of course die naturally one day that much I know is true thanks again Richard for your solution and thank you Techspot for this forum nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 will not turn on solution

How would you get to the control panel to disable it if it won't turn on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1564-will-not-turn-on-solution.179813/
Relevancy 36.55%

Biostar A68N-5000

CPU onboard
A68N-5000 Ver. 6.x
On board AMD Fusion APU A4-5000 Quad-Core processor
AMD Radeon HD8330 Graphics
Supports USB 3.0
Mini size (17*17cm ) for flexible use
Supports BIO-Remote 2 Technology
Supports Charger Booster Technology

Have anyone used this board or anything same as this in gaming?
Not necessarily those graphic hungry games but for games like Dota 2 or LOL?
With its size I could have myself a portable gaming console that I could bring to
my grandmas house during the weekend LOL
Mod note - I appreciate the effort of including a pic and a link, but frankly you are too new and posted several times on various Biostar products. It is very suspicious at this point. I've left your posts but I've removed the 'advertising', leaving just the text.

A:Biostar A68N-5000

Considering you'd need a case, a PSU, and peripherals.... I'd say a laptop is a much better solution for a "portable rig to take to grandma's".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/biostar-a68n-5000.204701/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi Guys,

I would like to seek help regarding my laptop (Dell Inspiron 3437). I oftenly encounter a very slow start up/booting and also there are times that shutting it down takes too long also as if it is not responding, which will result to forced shutting it. I need help in this.

Thanks you very much.

A:Dell Inspiron 3437- Startup and shutdown problem

Which Windows and how much free space do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3437-startup-and-shutdown-problem.204241/
Relevancy 49.88%

In regards to my Vista Home Premium I've had problems with it possibly due to a bad or dying CMOS battery & possibly defective battery as I posted in here http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-twice-on-my-vista.202144/
The most recent time was mentioned here http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-vs-ipad.203396/#post-1410844
Ok, I know I can google for info but since I trust the knowledgeable people in here, I'm asking for help because I want to find out if it'll be worth getting it fixed/repaired or getting an iPad instead.
The Vista laptop was 2nd hand
The Vista battery is VGP-BPS9/S 11. 1V/4800mAh

A:CMOS & Laptop battery

Get the laptop fixed or not? If yes, a ball park guesstimate as to how much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-laptop-battery.203425/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi you all!

I have an Asus Laptop, last generation i7, 8gb... almost nice. Code: N550LF

Problem: I have to work all day with my laptop, with graphic software and so on.
Almost 10/12 hours or more per day. In my old Dell (I had it for 5 years) I changed for this reason the battery every year.
It is extremely important for my work, even if not everyone cares about battery.

Requested solution: what can I do to preserve (as much as possible) the battery?

What others said: A friend of mine told me to always plug in the computer, because the computer doesn't charge the battery when it is full. In this way I can preserve the battery.
The Asus website doesn't give any advice about it.
The official support by mail told me to not plug the battery when it is 100% charged. This could be dangerous. So, no way to preserve it.

And in your opinion?

Thank you in advance

A:Battery advice

Batteries these days like to stay between 20% and 90% charge.
Leaving the laptop/device plugged in when it reaches 100% does no damage, as most devices have an automatic charge cut-off. So you won't over-charge your batteries.
The problem is, that you're keeping the battery between 98-100% charge all the time, when this is not a sweet spot for the battery at all. It will degrade very slightly faster.
Therefore, in order to keep maximum battery life, keep battery between 20-90% charge.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-advice.203623/
Relevancy 23.65%

Good day chaps, yesterday night I was casually playing a game (Aion > mmorpg) and I decided to put some music on(it was on browser, YouTube), when I pressed alt+tab to change it it started flashing telling me the exact issue : AMD DRIVER CRASHED AND FAILED TO RECOVER.

I got a bit scared when it gave me a blue screen, so I thought of asking for any tips or clues why it does that~

For unkown reasons, I can't upload the .dmp file saying either its empty, or The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Hope you can help me and thanks a buck!~

A:Dell Inspiron 3512 AMD Radeon HD 8500/8700M crashed and failed to recover

Upgrade the driver and see if this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3512-amd-radeon-hd-8500-8700m-crashed-and-failed-to-recover.203323/
Relevancy 27.95%

I have a Dell Latitude D that I dropped while in its carrying bag so even backlight Dell screen Latitude replacement no after it wasn t a real hard landing Now the backlight won t come on I swapped an entire screen assembly from an identical D and it still won t turn the backlight on I swapped the screens again and the borrowed D still works fine and mine won Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement t work I didn t bother to test my screen in the borrowed D I can run an external CRT with mine and I can see the LCD display if I shine a light on it so I know the display is working and not cracked The laptop won t drive the CRT Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement unless it thinks the lid is down so to use the keyboard I removed the sense magnet from the lid and taped it to the place where it would be with the lid closed I ve noticed in the past that this D often stayed fully on including the display it seemed when I closed the lid and walked away for hours Note When I tested the borrowed screen I had the sense magnet removed When the magnet is taped in place simulating lid down both the backlight and the display are off I can t see the display even when a light is shined on it but when the magnet is removed simulating lid up I get the display with no backlight It seems like the display knows whether the lid is up or down but the backlight seems to act like the lid is always down Is this possible What should I look for nbsp

A:Dell Latitude no backlight even after screen replacement

Did you replace the backlight inverter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-latitude-no-backlight-even-after-screen-replacement.198916/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop which I have just discovered has a faulty battery, and although it is plugged into a power socket, won't start up. Any thoughts on how I can get around this?

A:Starting Dell laptop when battery faulty

Remove the battery...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/starting-dell-laptop-when-battery-faulty.202880/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi I have an older PC which I gave to my mum It originally ran Vista but I bought and installed Windows Ultimate around weeks ago after it had been inactive for months It was running great but a couple of weeks ago it just started hanging for no real reason Also at startup it would say that the computer had not been shut down properly even if it had This was only when it was switched off at the wall not after checksum defaults loaded" replaced error battery after - "cmos a restart or when the PC was left plugged in and switched on She only "cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced uses the PC to look at You Tube and some webcams from her grandkids and that s it she s not very computer literate Initially I left Windows repair to run overnight but when I looked at it the following morning it was still in the repair screen so I assume it had hung I spoke to a local repair shop and they suggested I test the RAM test the hard drive and replace the CMOS battery The RAM and hard drive checks went without any errors and after I replaced the battery the hanging stopped I played with the computer all evening and shut it down as normal and switched it off at the wall Next day I thought I would start it up just to check it and I was faced with a quot cmos checksum error - defaults loaded quot message I thought that was strange but maybe the battery was dead so I swapped it over with one from my perfectly working desktop to try it out and my desktop worked fine but after shutting down my mum s one it had the same problem when power was pulled So battery was ruled out Incidentally I will say that I reset the BIOS date and time every time I was faced with the error following up with a save and exit It worked fine until I unplugged the computer I then moved on to the BIOS and set it back to default and the same again After this opened the case and used the jumpers to reset the BIOS to default again but no difference My mum will not leave it switched on at the wall constantly in case it self-combusts same with her washing machine TV lamps etc otherwise I would just do that and ignore it Is there anything else someone can suggest that I try System Shop bought by Mesh Motherboard is an ASUS PSN-E SLI gb Ram - samsung gb hard drive - ASUS Thanks for any help nbsp

A:"cmos checksum error - defaults loaded" after battery replaced

I must add that the PC is the same as when I bought it new from the shop, except for adding a Creative Labs sound card (approx 2012) and installing Windows 7 (around 6 weeks ago). All Windows updates are downloaded and installed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-checksum-error-defaults-loaded-after-battery-replaced.201304/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

I have been trying to find a replacement battery for my HP G70 laptop. On the old battery it says to replace with battery 485041-003 but there doesn't seem to be any HP batteries and the names on the batteries and, indeed, the companies who are selling them, are companies that I have never heard of. I have looked at the reviews for most of them and there are mixed renews but a lot saying the batteries do not last as long as the old one. Given that anyone can set up a ficticious company and call it co.uk, which company in the UK do you recommend?

Compused

A:Best battery (485041-003) for HP G70 Laptop

Have a look at the following, which by the way was a link via HP's site. I clicked on Find Additional Services on the right.

http://www.best2serve.com/batteries/KS524AA_hp-notebook-6-cell-battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-battery-485041-003-for-hp-g70-laptop.201052/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all, a friend has a laptop running XP, the system clock resets everytime it's switched off for more than half an hour or so. I have tried three replacement CMOS batteries (and checked the voltage with a multimeter, 3V or thereabouts), no joy. I have cleaned the battery clip contacts & definitely inserted the batteries right way up, any polite suggestions please?

A:Laptop not keeping time, CMOS battery good

Have you check the bios to make sure the time is set correctly in the bios? If not windows will not keep the correct time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-not-keeping-time-cmos-battery-good.200032/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am using windows 7 and my webcam is not working,whenever I tried to use to it says "webcam not detected ". even it is absent in device manager and I hope someone will help me to solve the problem.

A:Dell integrated webcam won't work

What is the exact brand and model # of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-integrated-webcam-wont-work.199619/
Relevancy 33.54%

I want to buy motherboard with integrated cpu.
it will be use for playing HD (mkv) movies with my TV.
windows 7 + xbmc

I am choosing from those tree:

celeron 1037u 67 ?
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4747#ov

celeron j1800 57 ?
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4881&dl=1#ov

celeron 847 66?
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/C8HM70IHDMI/

which is the best (more powerfull) for playing hd movies?

thank you

A:Which integrated cpu/motherboard is better?

The second one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-integrated-cpu-motherboard-is-better.199738/
Relevancy 51.17%

I got a sony erricsson Xperia X10 for over a year and now the battery life become awful. If I plugged it in through night then unpluged it at 7 am, but it was about to 0% by 11 am and I was getting a warn to recharge it. This has been really awful. I don't use it as my basic phone already so there are only several apps on the phone. The email wasn't set to push and I only refresh the emails when I want to check them, so its saving some battery, I have done the same with facebook, and the weather. These are the only apps on my X10. I was told to get a new extra battery probabaly a mpj one.
Wondering whether the battery is the culprit and my stock one is going to die completely?

A:The battery about to die?

Have you googled your question ? Just curious.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-battery-about-to-die.197509/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an Acer laptop I bought last January Wear? Minimize Battery It s a Minimize Battery Wear? month laptop and someone told me that I should be removing the battery when I am using AC power I was hesitant at first so I installed a software called BatteryBar Pro Upon installing I was surprised that my battery wear was already at Minimize Battery Wear? I was surprised that I had already wore of my battery in just months Now I am worried that it will not last longer as expected I use my laptop for coding gaming and browsing mostly on gaming and I always run on AC power while the battery is plugged in I tried some suggestions like removing the battery while on AC but when I did my laptop did not power up It does not open if the battery is out and AC is plugged in I always put my laptop on an elevated stand I constructed when using it but is this enough Are there any other ways to minimize my battery wear Thank you nbsp

A:Minimize Battery Wear?

If your laptop allows you to, some laptops have an option to confine the battery to between 20% and 85% or something. That'll reduce wear if you can enable that. It'll also help if you manually do that as well.

Li-Ion/LiPo "wear" is well documented and the causes are well known for consumer chemistries.
Storing at high temperatures will increase degradation.
Storing at 4.2v/cell (fully charged) will increase degradation.
Keeping it below ~3.0v/cell (discharged) will degrade it.

So, in general, spend as little time as possible depleted or fully charged. If you fully charge it before leaving for the day, then start using it within a few hours, the wear is very minimal so you shouldn't worry about fully charging it if you're planning on using it soon, just don't store it for long periods fully charged.
Likewise if you leave it fully depleted for a long while, that will also accelerate wear.

If you need to store it, 40% charge (3.85v/cell) is commonly recommended but there is very little difference between storing it between 20% and 80% charge. Again the only times that storage can heavily degrade the battery is if it's fully charged (4.2v) or fully discharged (<3.3v resting)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/minimize-battery-wear.196805/
Relevancy 48.59%

My friend leaning towards to have a Droid Razr Maxx recently because she has special favor to Motorola probably first mobile phone she had but I am feeling that Maxx life About Razr & size battery the screen size is a bit of a double About Razr Maxx size & battery life edged sword because she is a BB user now familiar with the Qwerty keyboard The larger screen About Razr Maxx size & battery life creates a fantastic visual experience when browsing but I m guessing she will not used to it She also feel like the larger screen and keyboard along with swype will be easier to About Razr Maxx size & battery life get over the lack I do not know much about this model though I owned a doridX so I wander if it was a bit big and have you gotten used to its size over time And also I heard that its battery life last long and have no idea whether it is true My droidX indeed have an impressive performance before even if I unplugged the phone off the charger at am not to put it back on the charger before I crashed out at night and woken up next day the battery still at about Through one day I kept the wifi was on all day I played an hours worth of home run derby I watched a few you tube videos surfed a little net and I have all my accounts synced up tofacebook myspace yahoo hotmail google and twitter I also have a live wallpaper running In the end I my battery never hit the quot red quot and was a little over hours of battery life before I put it on the charger I recommanded droidX to her but she wants a more recent model nbsp

A:About Razr Maxx size & battery life

Why don't you install a larger memory card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/about-razr-maxx-size-battery-life.196339/
Relevancy 49.45%

Though BB launched for quite long time I just got one last month and this is the second BlackBerry I reached my friend owned a BlackBerry Z Here is my personal feelings increase life? battery To BB10 my of BB focusing on its battery life during a month of usage but probably To increase my BB10 battery life? most users are quite up on it already My BB has been updated will result in a longer battery life but for heavy users like me Coming from the previous note it can no provide enough power Sometimes I unplugged at morning a m and can hardly last till p m only some calls and browsing It last - hours on average with OEM battery but over hours per day with the MPJ mAh extended battery I got from my friend I have tired some apps like Battery Guru and lower setting but not particularly pleased to the result especially some apps doesn t seem to detect when the battery is being charged Like most my previous cell phones I have spend the better part of each day looking for a place to plug it in and top up the charge until the friend owned Z gave his spare MPJ replacement battery to me I never had a car charger and never needed one just believe they are not good for mobile phone so I purchased a corresponding MPJ charger myself To sum up my feeling it is a great BlackBerry bussiness phone as always but If you are a heavy user this is not the phone for you unless you got a powerbank or replacement battery Also I wander if there other ways to increase battery life nbsp

A:To increase my BB10 battery life?

Try lowering your usage and closing background apps. I am not too familiar with BB10 so I cannot help much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-increase-my-bb10-battery-life.196375/
Relevancy 48.59%

My iphone 4S can not support whole day use as the battery nearly drain .

So I searched iphone 4S external battery in amazon and find Plush cartoon toys power banks AD below. The price is 29.99$ a little expensive as its 5200mAh. T

http://amazon.com/Constellations-Thunderbolt-Incredible-Blackberry-Fashionable/dp/B00DJ3DZK2 (avoild link, delet url space when past in IE)

Also I found a external battery case here :

http://www.amazon.com/Power-External-Protective-Battery-iPhone/dp/B00409E4JK/

The battery capacity is only 1700mAh but can be used as a case protector for iphone 4s

Which one I should bought or

do anyone find the similar high capacity like 10000mAh but cheaper one in ebay buy.com or amazon and other place?

A:Power bank or external battery case?

Before you invest in more equipment, try to reduce power consumption (see this)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-bank-or-external-battery-case.195897/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a board that has dual AMD Athlon 64 FX-74s, the fans are incredidbly loud and I searched online but all I found were pretty much the exact same ones that I already have. I don't want to replace the current fans with identical ones that I will probably have the same problem with... So I was wondering if anyone knew of some compatible replacements for these... I would like ones that will give good air flow for the price seeing how I will need 2 of them....

Thanks

A:Looking for replacement heatsink/fans for my CPUs

No modern CPU coolers support the socket F from AMD. You may have to find older models.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-replacement-heatsink-fans-for-my-cpus.195772/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am a novice to repairing hardware but have been expanding my skills recently tried repairing a broken dc jack on my mom s Dell Inspiron laptop I had no previous soldering experience but thought I d done enough research and watched enough YouTube videos to motherboard Inspiron soldering advice for 1501 Dell Need get the gist problem is I tried out different soldering Need advice for soldering Dell Inspiron 1501 motherboard irons and couldn t really make a dent in getting the existing soldering off of the component and board The rd iron I used was an Elenco -watt soldering station temp turned to max I tried soldering wick Chipquick adding new solder you name it I tried it Nothing would get this stuff to budge like in any video I d watched What am I missing In doing research for a better iron I have only seen suggestions to NOT go over watts yet this didn t do the trick What gives I did eventually get the solder off and attempted to solder on a replacement jack but when I plugged in the laptop it tripped the circuit on the AC adapter so obviously there s a bad connection I threw in the towel and ordered a replacement board off of Ebay which ended up having a bad RAM socket ARGH I m now mustering the courage to attempt a repair of the original board if it s even still good at this point but I don t know where to go from here regarding the right soldering iron solder etc Any tips or advice for working on this type of board I did read something about motherboards with an Intel Pentium CPU or after greatly affecting heat dissipation or something but I did see guys online successfully doing this like it was cake nbsp

A:Need advice for soldering Dell Inspiron 1501 motherboard

Can you post an photo of your soldering?I'm not sure if I can help, but an image might help us understand what you are looking at.

I solder quite often, and have done repair work such as you are attempting. I do know it is easiest to when there is only one solder joint to contend with. One joint such as a wire you can pull the wire as you heat and once hot enough the wire will pull free. Several solder joints are a different ballgame. There are two choices, and one choice I've never had the equipment to do so. Heating every join at the same time, can be done by blowing hot air across the component. I've never had the equipment for it, so I've been left with the choice of cleaning each joint one at a time. I noticed this is how you were attempting solder removal.

Solder tips must be clean and prepped for use. A trashy tip can cause an insulated barrier and prevent heating of the solder joint. Always tin your tips with a tad of solder before you ever use it the first time. If you don't tin your tip, you will always have trouble using it.
Pre-heat the tip so you are not waiting and possibly causing damage to the solder joint and/or component. Spending too much time on a solder joint is never a good idea. You want to heat the joint as quickly as possible without heating everything else.
On removal with the wick, the wick needs to be just as clean as the solder tip or it will not absorb any of the solder. A little bit of soldering flux may help the wick absorb. But if the wick has already been used, it is doubtful it will work again.
Soldering flux is always helpful when soldering joints back in place anyway. Especially on surfaces that have not been soldered previously. It doesn't take much, a finger smear is plenty sufficient. however on multi-strand wire you will want enough flux to absorb into the strands of the wire.
Don't bubble your joint, all you need is a slim joint connection. More solder will do nothing for the joint. Watch for solder beads, that can unexpectedly drop off your tip cause shorts.
One last piece of advice, soldering is no different than welding metal. Solder will not stick unless both surfaces are heated. If you only heat one side of the joint, solder will not stick to the other side. It's usually a better to try and heat the larger surface first as the smaller heats up more quickly. It's the timing of both surfaces that you want heated at the same time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-for-soldering-dell-inspiron-1501-motherboard.195091/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi Laptop screen is badly cracked needs replacement Original laptop is a Compaq Presario CQ with a CCFl screen n b -l rev c This is with a pin connection and the pink white backlight cable I already have an LED Screen from a dead laptop LP WH TL N This is with a pin connection and no other external cables As it stands right now I have the cable going from inside the laptop proper splitting in one fork going screen cracked, unsure about replacement Laptop into the left side of the inverter and the Laptop screen cracked, unsure about replacement other turning into a flat cable and going into the screen as a pin connection There is also the pink white backlight cable going into the right side of the inverter I m wondering there is any way to use the LED screen using a pin to pin converter Laptop screen cracked, unsure about replacement or possibly to purchase a pin cable outright and ignoring the inverter competely or something along those lines I simply haven t been able to figure out to what level the laptop is built around using that specific screen Thanks in advance nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-cracked-unsure-about-replacement.194633/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am using a video surveillance program (webcamXP), and I would like to use both my integrated webcam (laptop) AND my logitech webcam (C310) as sources; however, it looks like my integrated webcam is not accessible when I plug in the UBS webcam. From the program's perspective, there is only one source which corresponds to whatever webcam is available (integrated webcam when USB is unplugged, and vise versa).

I would expect both sources to be available. I'm thinking somehow the computer is seeing the USB webcam and just overriding the integrated webcam. Is there anything I can do to verify this and/or change it to make both available?

It's totally possible that it could be the program, but I was unable to find any settings to get it working.

I'm running Windows 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-webcam-overrides-integrated-webcam.194016/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello everyone Ok I haven t posted in a while Replacement failing PSU's keeps as I Replacement PSU's keeps failing have bought a Replacement PSU's keeps failing new PC This actually concerns my old pc that I gave to my friend The thing is I have recently found out that the pc has had Power Supplies that have failed in about a year s time Each of these Power Supplies wasn t a cheap model They were collectively well known brands I have asked my friend to tell me what is the current model and wattage of the current PSU My question is what could cause a repeated failure of decent Power Supplies My friend isn t much of a techie and he surmised that it maybe is the Motherboard This Desktop PC is about years old It is an AMD Dual Core Gig RAM DDR The Motherboard is a Gigabyte KA- N SLI and it has currently an ATI video Card I think it s a HD Anyway I originally had a W power supply which couldn t handle the strains of the new video card and the computer s PSU failed As I was working full time in a very stressful job Replacement PSU's keeps failing I did not have the means to buy a new PSU and install it myself as I would have normally The end result was we took it to the shops and spent odd dollars AU dollars for the Power Supply itself for a Watt Power Supply and within to months that power supply failed Currently the PC works intermittently It sometimes turns on and works fine and recently the last days it does not even turn on I just don t understand how a good brand PSU can fail so quickly My friend thinks it might be the Case Fans as the case I had it in had was a gaming case with big mm fan in the front of the Case and two mm fans to the side He seems to think maybe it is the fans chewing up power but I tend to think not as I ran several peripherals when I had that PC and I was a power user compared to my friend who basically only occassionally uses it and he generally only uses it for old games like Neverwinter NIghts I can t seem to get my head around a possible solution My theories are as follows Power Outlet faulty I thought maybe there was a overload at the power socket where the PC is plugged in or possibly the whole house as he said he thought of that and has moved the plug in for the PC around Motherboard If it was the motherboard would it not make those beeping sounds at start From what I have gathered talking to my friend it appears that since the PC hasn t started it has been making distinctive beeps indicating a hardware fault My PC noob friend has stated maybe it was the connection between the MB and the PSU but I thought that was preposterous as the connection wires would be coming from the PSU and not the MB so the chances that PSU cables to PC are faulty just sounds impossible Memory I have not seen the PC myself and only spoke to him on the phone but I will be going over to his house on the weekend to have a look and if need be bring the PC over to my place to take it apart and start testing each component separately to find the fault Also my friend says maybe its just wear and tear But surely that does not make sense I used to own this PC and I was a heavy gamer I played in the years - quite heavily with this pc and I had several joysticks and that was when it had a w Antec Power Supply with absolutely no issues I do know that a mutual friend apparently fixed it last time it broke down PSU He apparently replaced the PSU and gave the interior a clean with compressed air I have a sneaking suspicion he might have tweaked the voltages but again I am not sure and I will be confirming with this technician tomorrow I have instructed my friend to run a dxdiag and send the file to me so I can post it with this thread but I don t think that is gonna happen as it sounds like the PC wont load to windows Can someone please give me clues to how to go about indentifying the core problem here Am I on the right path with my analysis I just can t fathom that it could be the motherboard Is it possible for a faulty motherboard to... Read more

A:Replacement PSU's keeps failing

If the psu's are failing like that, chances are something is causing the issue (the odds of that many psu's failing that quickly is very low)

Test the Psu's on another system for starters to see if they are actually bad. That could at least let you make sure it's not something else causin the problem.

I would also try other outlets because a faulty plug can be an issue (plus use a power strip, it helps protect your machine ).

I do not think its the motherboard or the video card as if it was, they would not be functional period. It can also be heat/stress on the psu if the psu is getting to hot due to location or if there's lots if dust build up causing it to fail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-psus-keeps-failing.193810/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hey everyone I have an old laptop with a battery that lasts about h in quot Power Saving quot mode I m going to be stuck next week for about hours at a location with few available public outlets and need to stretch my battery life as much as possible I ve already for battery to Looking life extend ways "techie" done the obvious generic tips of quot defragging the hard drive quot quot dimming the screen quot quot using few no external devices quot quot tweaking my power usage settings quot etc but it s not enough I m looking for some good quot techie quot solutions now like quot underclocking the CPU quot or quot removing the CD drive quot All suggestions are appreciated I d love to try to squeeze another hours out of this battery if possible no I don t have another battery and don t need to buy one just for this one event Thx PS Another idea Removing HDD and booting from USB Flash drive nbsp

A:Looking for "techie" ways to extend battery life

Removing the HDD and booting from a flash drive is probably the worst decision you can make. Flash drives have very slow speeds (even though they are flash memory, they arent fast) and very little capacity. Keep the HDD.

There are only a few more ways to improve battery life other than dimming your screen and adjusting the power usage settings. Under-clocking the CPU is really done by the "power saving" mode.

Try these suggestions:
1) Run this tool: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_battery_power_settings
2) Turn of your network adapter. There is usually a switch on the side of the PC that toggles the network adapter on and off. That will save you a ton of power. Also make sure bluetooth is off. I dont think your older PC will have it, but just make sure.
3) Use this tool to remove any unnecessary processes from start up. This will speed up your computer while also reducing the amount of processes that run (thus reducing CPU and RAM usage).

I can suggest other options, I just need your OS. If it is Windows 7, it is easy too, if it is XP, I cant really help there since I forgot the OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-techie-ways-to-extend-battery-life.192163/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, so my integrated webcam isn't showing up and I'm trying to confirm whether it's died or not. I know the first step is to go to the manufacture's website, but as an Asus user I wasn't able to find anything to help me solve this problem asides from this model knowledge base.
http://support.asus.com/knowledge.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=225&m=N71Jq&os=&hashedid=hUn2kMS4sU3z3kUV

Here's my Device Manager Data link below (first time using mediafire so let me know if it works)
http://www.mediafire.com/?859fft7ex08dunwz99c1c9b88e7gorp

Model info:
ASUS N71Jq
Windows 7 x64

Thanks so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-webcam-not-appearing-in-device-manager.192438/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi all My computer was top of the line years ago The past few years my computer has been freezing crashing and bluescreening due to the kind of functionality I force it through namely the use of multiple programs at once internet livestream games The fan hasn t worked for over a year now it was choking I simply turned it off and often attempted to keep my system as cool as possible using a large floor fan Today it gave it s death knoll - freezing with video ram artifacts all over the screen I had been I messing around with the EVE Online character creator with internet playing music and Steam open naturally Un- and reinstallation of the drivers would not fix the artifacts it had forced non-native resolution it wouldn t go beyond x or something native is x and was happily informing me that I wasn t quot currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU quot despite the fact that the second I uninstalled the drivers my computer was GTX Nvidia 8800 for Geforce Replacement searching for and reinstalling them again I gave up and shut down to look at the power supply and when I turned it back on it was miraculously in it s native resolution and artifact-free but I ve abused it long enough now that it probably only has a few months left and is in desperate Replacement for Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX need of replacement I realize it might even be artifact-ridden next time I turn it on Dell pre-built desktop years old Windows Vista Ultimate bit Intel Core Quad CPU at GHz GB RAM I think my power supply is max W but I m having trouble figuring the label out so I attached a picture in case I m sorely mistaken I m looking for something that works within my current specs approximately the same size as the Geforce GTX my case won t fit anything much bigger as far as I can tell and I can t get a new case because it barely fits height-wise where I need it to go As I said I use multiple programs and I especially game on my computer so I need something that can handle my usage On the other hand I am looking to completely replace my system within a few years with something custom from Origin so I don t want to be pouring money into this system So - something that will allow me to eke out a few more years within my other current specs without costing me a bundle Say around or Please let me know if you need more information and thanks in advance nbsp

A:Replacement for Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX

Umm have you thought about buying a new computer, yours is rather old. The amount of work, time and money you will probably spend on it trying to fix it up until you throw it away will be quite a lot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-for-nvidia-geforce-8800-gtx.192283/
Relevancy 24.94%

I just bought a dell Inspiron 9800 that was built in 2004, for 40 bucks. I tried to use it and when I got to the user screen to select a user that that was the owners , it worked then it automatically signed me out, I have no idea on what to do with out going to someone and pay for them to do it , I would like to know what I can do to fix it, I wanted to do a system restore, let me know my options I kept pressing f8 and it gave me options just want to play it safe on what to do

A:Dell Inspiron 9800

F2 or F11 will normally bring up the System Recovery Console. F8 brings up the OS menu for other available boot options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-9800.192282/
Relevancy 24.94%

I recently changed my display out. Every time I boot up the computer I have to unplug and plug back in the connector shown in the photo to have full color, otherwise it is a very dim screen. Using windows xp. Any thoughts????

A:Dell Inspiron screen dim on startup

Was the replacement LCD panel the same part number as the old panel?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-screen-dim-on-startup.191959/
Relevancy 32.68%

I just My Get The Can't I Monitor? Motherboards except Video VGA card Why to Integrated got a computer from a neighbor and brought it to my house the computer had been refurbished It is a Gateway Computer quot Model GT quot This computer was given to me and I m having a hard Why Can't I Get The Motherboards Integrated VGA Video card to except My Monitor? time with it When it was refurbished it came with a lcd Gateway monitor that works quot I tested it on another computer quot so I put the Gateway GT computer all together and The monitor has no signal So I opened it up and checked it The computer has no burn marks or smells and looks new and I took a look at every part and there s no problems or Why Can't I Get The Motherboards Integrated VGA Video card to except My Monitor? damage So I put it back together after it was taken apart and still no signal I took that computer brought it to my friends house Using his monitor the computer worked His monitor is a lcd acer thinking the problem was fixed came back to my house pluged it in to the monitor There was no signal then I use one of those really bulky monitors same problem I m thinking it maybe a Glich with the integrated vga video card in the motherboard but how can I stop it nbsp

A:Why Can't I Get The Motherboards Integrated VGA Video card to except My Monitor?

Hey Demkon_5. The only common element I see is that it doesn't work at your house. Does the monitor have a detachable video cable and if so, did you use this same cable at your friend's house and on the older tube monitor?.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-cant-i-get-the-motherboards-integrated-vga-video-card-to-except-my-monitor.191909/
Relevancy 28.38%

Swapped out the older ASUS motherboard when it apparently died - was also told that by a repair shop A sympathetic person donated his quot old quot ASUS P WD complete with PCU and RAM and heat sink for the cost of shipping so went to work He said he had upgraded to a more powerful setup and that this all worked when he removed it and stored it I had upgraded the power supply a few years ago to an ULTRA d watt when I added a couple Replacement up won't power motherboard drives and it always seemed to work I printed out the instruction manual for the P and not having done a lot of work on PC s for some years other than adding drives etc followed it very closely The plugs from the case were labeled so I m pretty sure I got the power amp interrupt switches case lights and fans etc all hooked up right Also the main cable to the board from the power supply and a secondary power supply cable to a socket near the CPU Also got the C drive EIDE and the additional SATA drives hooked up to the board and Replacement motherboard won't power up to the power supply and believe I have them right Maybe a question on the C drive There a set of sockets for EIDE drives incl one designated as a Primary and another Primary socket for an Replacement motherboard won't power up IDE drive If I recall my C drive is an EIDE so I should have connected to the right socket on the board Even if not shouldn t the CPU and case lights and fans power up When the big moment came to hit the switch it was an anti-climax Nothing happened The only sign of life is the green power LED on the board no CPU fan or anything No case lights or fans either I checked all the connections I mentioned and believe I have them right Being there s virtually no sign of life other than the green LED power light when I switch on the power supply could it be the power supply may have been the problem the whole time How can I test it - I have a digital meter Thanks for any ideas nbsp

A:Replacement motherboard won't power up

Short the 2 power switch pins on the motherboard with a screwdriver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-motherboard-wont-power-up.191337/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,
I have a problem with SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio on my HP - nc6220 laptop, WinXP professional sp2.

SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio just stopped working, I tried reinstalling it but it always says that there was a problem during installation and it might not work properly.

In Control Panel>Sounds and Audio devices it's all grayed out so I cannot do anything there.
In device manager there is a yellow exclamation mark, I tried disable-enable but it does not help.
I also tried updating the driver, re-enabling windows audio in services, even reinstalled Windows and installing sp3.

Also I tried an USB sound card and it is working well.

Is there anything else I could do, or maybe SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio is just broken and cannot be fixed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-integrated-digital-audio-stopped-working.190808/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello, I'm pretty sure my 4850 is ready to bite the dust. I'm looking to replace it with a nvidia card around $100.00. any suggestions? I'm running win 7 64 bit, athlon64 5000,4mb ddr2 ,ssd. I do light gaming I.e. diablo series , icewind dale series , witcher series etc. thanks . mlmassie

A:Replacement for HD 4850

Can you give us either the make/model of your mobo, or the make model of your computer if it is a pre-built.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replacement-for-hd-4850.190610/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi;
I have a 11yr old Dell Inspiron 8100 Notebook computer. It started shutting down mysteriously while working, and sometimes shuts down a second or two after powering on.
I was planning to scrap the thing, maybe try to sell it for parts on Ebay, but decided to take one more look.
Today I found that the CMOS battery (reserve battery) is bad. It is leaking but has not damaged anything.
Could the fact that this battery is bad (maybe shorted) cause the computer to shut down as I described?
Since I have the whole thing dis-assembled I can replace the battery easily. I found them on Ebay but not sure I should buy one there, since it could be an old battery that is no good.
Any ideas?

Thanks

FW

A:Can bad CMOS battery cause laptop to shut down?

The CPU cooling fan may be worn out and the thermal pads and paste may be seriously burned and dried out. I doubt if the laptop parts would be worth much because of the age...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-bad-cmos-battery-cause-laptop-to-shut-down.189440/
Relevancy 24.94%

Allllllright, so I sat down and turned on my laptop and the screen was black and there was an error pop up that said something about the log in screen. I so very intelligently hit the nice little red X in the corner and then nothing happened. The computer screen stayed black. I turned it off and back on twice before finally removing the battery for a short time and replacing it. (I was under the impression that this would magically help somehow.) but it goes through the motions of starting up and when it gets to the part where I log in, it stays on but black screens.

I have a dell Inspiron m5030 and I'm still using windows 7... If that helps.

A:Dell Inspiron m5030

Uhhhhh, it turned on...? And worked like normal. I kept pressing F12 for reboot options but they never came up then my login finally came up. But what do I do if this problem persists?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-m5030.189729/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a hp pavilion dv4 with 4gb ram and windows vista and it won't boot under battery power even though when I boot it up with ac power it says the battery is fully charged.

A:Battery power boot up problem

How old is the HP? If its been a few years since you bought it, you might try re calibrating the battery from the BIOS, most HP and Gateway computers have a utility inside the BIOS for calibrating the battery. If not, let me know and I'll see if I can find one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/battery-power-boot-up-problem.189626/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi friends

Mine PC is running on a AMD quardracore, Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H, 4 GB DDR III 1600 Mhz Corsair Ram & Power supply along with 8400 GT nvidia . This PC has been OC to 3.2 ghz and is currently working at 3.2 ghz.

Recently I was getting BIOS notification to change the battery as everytime the BIOS had to be reset.

I changed the battery 3 days back but again after a day I again started getting the same notification of changing the battery.

Pls tell where could be the problem.

Regards

A:CMOS battery problem

Was the battery you replaced the bad one with brand new? Also make sure it is a 3V battery and to be safe, make sure it has the markings 'CR2032" on it (that is what mine has). Other batteries of the same size and voltage MAY be fine, but I can't really vouch for them. Also, if you have one, it might pay to check the batteries voltage with a multimeter.

Also, if you buy a new one, it might pay to make sure that it is meant for a computers motherboard, as some may or may not be, just to be on the safe side. I don't really know a great deal about these batteries.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cmos-battery-problem.189188/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi I am experiencing keyboard issue if some can help I would appreciate it I have problem with keys quot S quot and quot D quot as you see they are not completely dead at least so far till I toss the whole thing out of the window while I am writing this lol Sometime they get unresponsive a bit D works fine but S doesn t than the D bugs but S works than they work ok for a minute but that does not last long I test them in notepad holding them down and when I release them they continue to write a bit acting Dell keys Inspiron and up D S tho they ain t stuck I even removed them Dell Inspiron S and D keys acting up to check for dirt but its all fine looking No dirt and so random that I figure its not physical issue I kinda use that buttons a lot for games Also this problem came up after I was installing some programs - Rainmeter and some skins for it Avast Antivirus No idea if it has to do with them but I uninstalled them anyway I also uninstalled keyboard driver from device manager allowing windows to install new ones after reboot Did not help nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron S and D keys acting up

You may have to remove the keyboard and re-seat the connector into the motherboard connector

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-s-and-d-keys-acting-up.188694/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop and recently it keeps on shutting down without warning, the fan kicks in (quite loudly) and then total loss of power. It comes back on as soon as I press the on button and it doesnt feel too hot. help please?!

A:Dell Inspiron 1545, shutting down

Go to this site: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-1545 and download the driver under BIOS. Make sure all apps are closed and your PC is plugged in before flashing and follow the directions carefully or you can ruin your computer. After this, download realtemp: http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/ and run the exe after extracting the file. Tell me your temperatures for each core. good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1545-shutting-down.187667/
Relevancy 48.59%

I recently purchased an Asus N56V Series laptop. The laptop has impressive specs, including an i7 Core and a Nvidia GT 635M graphics adaptor, so I can understand it having a below average battery life. However, I am only getting 1 to 2 hours of battery life on it, even when I am not running processor and graphic intensive programs. Product review indicate that will battery life for this laptop is below average, the battery should still last 4 hours under normal conditions.

Is there any reason why my battery life is so limited? Has anyone else had similar problems with this model of laptop?

Thanks for the help.

A:Surprisingly short battery life on new laptop

Are WiFi enabled or Bluetooth? Unless absolutely required, disable.

Also look thru the Control Panel for Power Options and be sure to reduce usage for the Battery Choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surprisingly-short-battery-life-on-new-laptop.188612/
Relevancy 32.68%

I was planning on buying one of he amd fm1 socket processors for my comp due to the fact im lazy and I don't think a new motherboard will fit in my tiny store bought computer case. Was wondering if it was dumb if I just chose to upgrade my cpu to that because I already have a non integrated gpu installed and I just dont wanna be wasting money.

A:Will a CPU with integrated graphics work with my motherboard?

A CPU with integrated graphics won't work unless it is installed on a motherboard that supports it. The motherboard has to be specifically configured for it, so in your case, I doubt that it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-cpu-with-integrated-graphics-work-with-my-motherboard.188102/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi there I have a Dell Inspiron won't on connected trackpad is turn Inspiron N4010 if n and recently my speakers stopped Inspiron N4010 won't turn on if trackpad is connected working At first it was just one of them but later the other stopped working too Everything in the OS seems to be right the drivers are installed etc So I decided to open it so I could see if the connection on the motherboard is alright And they were so couldn t solve that Anyway the big problem came later When I plugged the three ribbons attached from the top panel to the motherboard one for the powering button another one for the keyboard and the last one for the trackpad and put all the screws back in the laptop didnt boot up So after playing around a bit to try different possibilities I realized that is only when I connect the trackpad ribbon that the computer doesn t boot If it s unplugged there is no problem Searching for a solution I found this on another post on vb topic Add techspot com at the beginning and html at the end cause I cannot post links But that works for a different model and implies breaking a sensor which I d rather not doing So I would like to know if anyone knows the solution to this or if there is anybody out there with the same problem and had success fixing it Thanks and regards nbsp

A:Inspiron N4010 won't turn on if trackpad is connected

You have probably shorted or damaged one or more of the ribbon cables wires. Did you release the ribbon cables properly by releasing any plastic clips, or just by pulling on them? A Windows re-install might have brought the sound back to life. An errant Windows update might have caused this loss of sound. Now you have really messed things up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-n4010-wont-turn-on-if-trackpad-is-connected.178019/
Relevancy 24.94%

Greetings
First excuse me for my bad English
Please advice
I disassemble my laptop to clean the processor fan According to the instructions of dell support guide
I have assemble again ,but it didn't work
No signal
No lights
With battery and without
DEAD

Regards

A:Dell Inspiron 1564 dead

There is bound to be one of the interface connections that did not make good contacts. Trust me it is very difficult to make sure all interface connections are all properly seated in their connector.

I recently worked on a Notebook that had five separate boards inside and if any one of them was disconnected or wasn't properly seated, the machine would not boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1564-dead.188035/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi all I normally buy my screens from ebay but does anyone know anywhere cheap . im from london uk so pref in uk please .. thanks

A:Where is cheapest place to buy replacement laptop screens

What's wrong with still using EBay? I get all my screens from EBay suppliers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-is-cheapest-place-to-buy-replacement-laptop-screens.187553/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there TechSpot Long time since I last posted but I had a very specific question I m not sure I could get answered elsewhere So my lady friend has been doing all her computing on her Droid RAZR (possible V5 -- replacement GPU y/n?) Acer Aspire Laptop which is kind of sad for me - as a long time system builder and power user - to watch With Christmas coming up her parents and I were going to buy her a laptop Now I work at an electronics retailer and on Black Friday we Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) started selling the Acer Aspire Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) V for I impulse bought it figuring with a GHz Core i and gigs of RAM it was no weakling for a beginner I ve always fantasized about playing games with an SO cooperatively and I thought maybe just maybe this rig could manage FPS in simple games like Magicka or even ambitiously Left Dead But no such luck despite the age of those games My question given that it s got Intel HD integrated graphics it s doubtful the machine even has a PCIe port on the motherboard But before I tear it apart to find out I thought I might Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?) ask the wise minds of TechSpot So anybody have any idea if I can upgrade this sucker TL DR Bought a budget laptop for my girlfriend Want to know if I can upgrade from integrated video on this particular model an Acer V - nbsp

A:Laptop GPU replacement -- Acer Aspire V5 (possible y/n?)

There's no way to upgrade a video card in a laptop unless it's something from ASUS, MSI, Alienware, (If you're lucky)

But even if you could, the upgrade would probably be anywhere from $200-$600+ maybe even more. Old 7900GTX Go cards are still fetching roughly $100 on Ebay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-gpu-replacement-acer-aspire-v5-possible-y-n.187518/
Relevancy 49.88%

I recently got this computer from a friend so I have no idea how long this has been going on. Probably why he got rid of it. I will plug in the power cord and try to boot with the battery in and nothing will happen. If I reach under the laptop and remove the battery and then try to boot up it comes on like normal. I can then put the battery back in but it makes no difference after that. The battery is completely dead. Does anyone know if this is a common problem with a bad battery or what. The computer is a Dell Latitude D630. If I knew that putting a good new battery in it would fix it I would without hesitation I just need to know if that is the problem or is it another glitch. If anyone knows the answer I would appreciate if they would pass it on. Thanks

A:Cannot boot laptop unless battery is out

The charging system has too little capacity to run+charge at the same time. simple solution: buy a new battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-boot-laptop-unless-battery-is-out.187220/
Relevancy 32.68%

My integrated webcam doesn't work

A:Integrated webcam doesn't work

What is the make and model of the device the webcam is integrated into?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-webcam-doesnt-work.187058/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys,..I got a problem with a dell inspiron 8600 in which it came with XP. I installed windows 7 ultimate and there was no audio driver, and I cant find it in dell support site there's only xp drivers for the model, also I can't update the system I cracked product keys for the windows copy. Anyone with an ideal? I will appreciate a lot. Thanks.

A:Inspiron 8600 Windows 7 audio driver

TechSpot does not support warez.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-8600-windows-7-audio-driver.187021/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hie

My hp laptop had its battery flat for 12 hours. After that the laptop can nolonger boot up or charge. Please help

A:HP laptop cannot boot up or charge battery after battery went flat for 12 hours

What is the model of your laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-cannot-boot-up-or-charge-battery-after-battery-went-flat-for-12-hours.186087/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi all got above named computer and it had a faulty battery as it was not holding charge when unplugged it switched off. so bought the battery for it brand new by part number etc . put on charged to full and fine but then unplugged and after while it makes beeping noise beep beep etc does anyone know why its beeping thanks in advance

A:Toshiba Satellite m40 battery problem

You might try updating the bios...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-m40-battery-problem.185255/
Relevancy 32.68%

Ok so im replacing my integrated graphics card with a non-integrated. Is the processor built into the graphics on the motherboard or is it it's own thing?
Im just curious cuz I dont wanna be all happy and dandy and install something and it ends up im gonna need way more pieces to buy. I'm merely just upgrading the power supply and the graphics card is all. Help would be appreciated!
Also I Heard something about the bios setttings automatically turning the integrated off? If that does that will it turn my processor off as well?
Sorry for all the confusion and thank you.

copmuter at manufactuer's website:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03135882#N412

New Card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130664

A:Processor+integrated graphics clarification

Hi, First make sure that you can actually fit a graphics card into your pc, you will need a spare PCI-express slot.
Have a look at the photo on this page. The PCI-express graphics slot is 'B' and the processor is 'G'.
The processor will have a large fan on top of it so you can't see it when it's built.
http://www.build-your-own-computer.net/motherboard-diagram.html

The BIOS can have a few options regarding graphic cards. But if there is an option to detect a separate graphic card in a PCI-express slot, it may be called 'Auto'. So you will need to look in the 'Integrated peripherals' section for that.
If you are not sure about BIOS settings, best to find out more info about yours, as you could make your pc difficult to use with the wrong settings.
Also if you buy a graphics card as in your link, note that it has DVI outputs, so you will need to buy a DVI monitor cable, and your monitor must have a DVI (cream or white) input, near to the blue VGA input you will be using up till now.
Another way is to look for a Graphic card with both VGA (blue) and DVI (white) outputs, so you have two options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-integrated-graphics-clarification.184909/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a 7 y/o Dell inspiron 9300 which froze for the first time. I had to restart. At the initial Dell start up screen the screen went black with the cursor flashing top left. I have tried to reboot from the o/s cd but after loading set-up files it only offers me the option of overwriting and deleting the partition with all my files and applications. I cannot get to the recovery console. I get to the c:\windows comd prompt but after that it says the command I type is invalid. I have tried ctrl f11 and f8 as advised by some forums, but the screen stays black with flashing cursor. I've removed the battery and run it of a/c power, no good. The computer is old and I want to replace it but I need to get all my files off it before I do. Anyone any more ideas?

A:My Dell inspiron 9300 won't boot

Sounds like the hard drive has failed, but you may be able to recover files by installing a new drive. Remove the old hard drive and put it aside. Format and install Windows on the new drive. Buy an external USB enclosure and install the old drive into it. Attach the USB enclosure to the laptop and see if you can access the files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-inspiron-9300-wont-boot.184505/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, I have a Dell Precision M4500 laptop which stopped recognizing the battery a couple months back. I have had the laptop for one year now with absolutely no problems up until this happened. I am pretty sure the battery is still good, it's not that old, but since the computer wont even recognize it is in, there's no way to check if it can charge. I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, maybe there is a fix before I have to shell out the money for a new battery.

A:Dell Precision M4500 stopped recognizing battery

Laptop batteries go bad any time, and they are considered to be "consumable" like paper is to a printer. Replace the battery and you should be okay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-precision-m4500-stopped-recognizing-battery.182128/
Relevancy 48.59%

The OEM 12-cell's no longer available for my old but trusty Compaq Presario V2000.

I see lots of "OEM-equivalents" but many look sketchy.

I really don't want to toast my laptop with a dud battery.

Any recommended vendors or sources?

A:OEM-equivalent battery for Compaq Presario V2000?

Try www.batteriesplus.com Had pretty good luck with them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/oem-equivalent-battery-for-compaq-presario-v2000.182172/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a dell inspiron 1501, ati radeon 1150 xpress, 3 gb ram, 150 gb hdd windows xp sp3.

I havent had any problems with playing games on it until just recently. upgraded bios, dfraged, ran crap cleaner, memory and video stress tests came back ok. what it does is it will run just fine, sometimes I can play for hours with my external fan on and spraying the dust out, but the screen will blink black then come back, once I do something it will crash. I redid the heatsink with artic silver and it helped a little. im thinking this is a software problem, but if I knew I wouldnt be asking if someone could help or have had something similar happen to them.maybe its the catalyst control center? I dont know where to go now.

A:Inspiron 1501 problems

Sounds possibly like a graphic card or driver problem.
So I would uninstall the graphics driver, and re install, see if it helps, and at worst won't be any different, so nothing to lose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/inspiron-1501-problems.182038/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a HP dv7-1285dx notebook, and was wondering if you guys know the best battery replacement I can get for my money. My current battery is so shot and can't last at all. I'm hoping not to break the bank like on the HP website.

A:HP dv7-1285 battery replacement

There are a few on UK Amazon (presumably on worldwide Amazon too?) for around £30 ($47), just search "dv7-1285dx battery"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv7-1285-battery-replacement.181195/
Relevancy 24.08%

My cable company recently upgraded its modems oh the fun not There are computers Inspiron home connect to Dell 2200 network won't in my home one which is connected directly Dell Inspiron 2200 won't connect to home network to the modem and on wireless connections The other wireless computer is maintaining an Internet connection without any problems mine isn t When it tries to automatically sign on to Dell Inspiron 2200 won't connect to home network the network Dell Inspiron 2200 won't connect to home network the wireless connection gets as far as quot Acquiring network address quot then stops However it will successfully connect to another network that is within range so I m pretty sure my wireless adapter isn t bad Resetting the modem isn t producing any results Mine is a Dell Inspiron running Windows XP SP I m using the wireless adapter that came installed with the computer my anti-virus Norton is up to date and Windows Firewall is turned on According to the cable company my OS is supposed to be compatible with the new modem The modem is an Arris Telephony Gateway Any ideas on possible causes and solutions nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron 2200 won't connect to home network

Remove Norton and install free Microsoft Security Essentials:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials

See if you can restore the wireless connection after doing this... The laptop may be more responsive too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-2200-wont-connect-to-home-network.180768/
Relevancy 33.11%

Will disabling an integrated webcam in device manager make it impossible for viruses to access your webcam and exploit it?

Specs:
HP laptop
Integrated Laptop webcam
i5
Windows 7

A:Disabling an integrated webcam

If you disable the cam in Device Manager, the cam will remain turned off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/disabling-an-integrated-webcam.180343/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi Guys About months ago my laptop started to act up The screen would get jumpy horizaontal lines flashign across it and then it would cut out altho lights are still on the screen would needed advice of crashes, sure Inspiron not HP cause, be black I would turn it off and turn it on and it may not happen again for a HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed day week or even month Now things have worsened it now happens every session often failing to start altogether The jumping has worsened too it can become heavily pixalated and distorted making a weird noise as if the audio has been caught while it froze Sometimes the screen goes black and the audio continues as normal for a few seconds then dies too Sometimes a blue screen appears telling me it is dumping physical memory this scares me so i usually turn it off quickly Im noit sure if the following is correlation or causation but occasionally this jumping and freezing etc is brought about by me moving the screen of laptop slightly IT does seem to last longer if i have the laptop some where stationary All in all im very confused i brought it to a repair shop and he told me it was not the hardrive so must be the motherboard and therefore v expensive I didnt really get the trusting vibe off him so im worried hes just saying that so i spend big cash with him Im trying to decide what the problem is any ideas If it is the motherboard is it worth fixing If i do buy a new laptop is there any resale in mine for parts If you require any further details im happy to try but i dont have much computer knowledge hence why my title is not very techy Cheers guys Shane nbsp

A:HP Inspiron crashes, not sure of cause, advice needed

"HP Inspiron crashes"...

You must mean Dell Inspiron, don't you? What is the model or service tag number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-inspiron-crashes-not-sure-of-cause-advice-needed.179414/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello My first post
Anyway i really need to upgrade my computers graphics card ( Nvidia 7600 GS 512mb intergrated version) as its flagging in this day and age and its stopping me playing most games now (i can just scrape skyrim but it falls under its min requirments) I will get a top of the range laptop soon when i go to uni but will keep my desktop for now so i need to add a better graphics card (Rest seem to be fine for the mo) .The problem is the integrated cards is already in the PCI express slot (opened up comp and i can see it in the slot) will be safe to remove the board and would a new card function in it Thanks for the help.

A:Integrated graphics card in PCI-Express slot

If the 7600 is in the PCI e slot, by definition it is not integrated. You should be able to pull it out and swap in a newer card without any issues, so long as your power supply can handle it. Be sure to remove your old graphics drivers before performing the upgrade.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-graphics-card-in-pci-express-slot.179457/
Relevancy 24.51%

Thanks,..this laptop sometimes power on normaly and sometime not,..when this laptop power on normal it´s works very well huntill charge the batery fully,but if turning of and later try to power on again ,...nathing ,...no start the laptop it seems dead ,..I´ve check almost every parts bu i can´t find the problem ,..only when the initial post show that ¨wattage and type adapter unknown try a 65 wts or biger ¨,..could this be the problem ?,...any idea I¨ll thanks you

A:Laptop Dell Inspiron, power on problem

hi im not a tech but know a few bits take battery off laptop and try plug the charger adaper in without the battery on and see what happens if works fine then you need new battery if not then try to get a charger adapter that is compatible and try these are 1st 2 steps i would try

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-dell-inspiron-power-on-problem.179456/
Relevancy 24.51%

I recently hibernated my dell inspiron 1545 laptop and the following morning it would not power up. I tried with the battery alone still nothing. Even with the power adapter still it would not power up. What should i do?

A:Dell Inspiron 1545 mobo not powering up

It may have nothing to do with the hibernation.
Check your power socket very carefully... The socket has been breaking away on some models... This is a "flat soldered" device, and when it breaks awayf from the motherboard, the board and other components cannot get power.
This requires a re-soldering by a person who is expert in flat solder techniques... it is not a job for first timers.
Whatever the problem, you would likely benefit from having it tested by a shop or technician who has all the right tools for testing circuits, power input, and power output.
It could also be a fusable resister or other device.
Plan to spend some money... Diagnostic time from an expert can be expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1545-mobo-not-powering-up.179176/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello all,

I just finished wiping a friends laptop with a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro SP3. A couple days later I went to use it after it installed Microsoft Office 2007 Pro Plus. IT was extremely slow afterwards. Extremely slow means it took 15 minutes just to pull up the Start Menu. I removed all traces of Office and it was still slow so I did a clean install on Windows Vista (Which it shipped with) however the install itself is taking ages as well... Can anyone tell me what has happened??? I am at a loss and I just want this thing to start working again. I have also tried resetting the BIOS back to default settings and still nothing!

A:Dell Inspiron 1525 very slow

Could be a simple hardware problem..make sure everything in bios is reading correctly (amount of ram, CPU clock speed, etc).
a fam member had a 1525, and it died spectaculary. Maybe they just arent good laptops.
If its not the above, IDK. new OS would be first suggestion, but apparently you did that already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1525-very-slow.179004/
Relevancy 24.94%

My Laptop over heated today and I removed the back plate to gain access to clean out the fan ect Once I tried to boot the computer up everything flashed at me like always but then turned off the screen remained black I ve done a little research via googled and I have tried Removing the AC power lead and the battery and switched them about to see 1525 Dell Inspiron, start won't if it would resolve but resulted in the same issue as stated above Holding the power button down for seconds without the laptop having power and with power Then powering up I ve pulled the HDD Dell 1525 Inspiron, won't start and the memory as instructed by the Dell support site When power was disconnected and booted switch the memory about and booted a number of time Everything was re-connected properly This is driving me totally mad as I need the laptop due to work and other reasons I paid about four years ago so it s no longer under warranty also none of the settings where changed Dell 1525 Inspiron, won't start before the issue began I would be grateful for any advice or assistance So what is the possible issue that I m having is my motherboard fried or is it something else nbsp

A:Dell 1525 Inspiron, won't start

just like mine

am trying to find the sleep sw that hibernates the sys to bypass read the threads under tryingdad, maybe we can fix both

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-1525-inspiron-wont-start.178808/
Relevancy 28.81%

I ve had this keyboard http www amazon com Microsoft-Reclusa-Gaming-Keyboard-Black dp B MR XWK for quite a while now almost years and it has been quite an adventure The basic UI it came replacement Keyboard with was perfect as I don t Keyboard replacement want to spend hours and hours Keyboard replacement trying to figure out how to open my media player with button Leading me to my basic and very important need for a new gaming keyboard My new keyboard will need to have media controls that open things besides Windows Media Player Ituns Spotify etc I despise WMP and often click to use my music without a thought It s convenient and a luxury I no longer choose to live without I don t care whether the KB is mechanical or Keyboard replacement not as long as the keys aren t squished together raised to ridiculous quot ergonomic quot heights or covered in a rubber that will fade in a few months My reclusa has just one button that the letter has faded from in it s years of use I think that s pretty awesome when world of warcraft is basically just spamming one button for hours at a time I would like my new KB to have macro keys besides the media panel which I m assuming all gaming KBs come with today and as user-friendly as possible I looked up the BlackWidow linked as the quot Unicorn quot KB on MMO s Setup of the Month and found that quite a few people are experiencing issues with keys becoming stuck in some way or another or just failing to work at all something like - I don t want to play the lottery when I m spending this much money on a luxury item The quot Narwhal quot keyboard G seemed fantastic until I realized the keys are TINY smaller than my laptops keyboard This is just unacceptable So all-in-all guys and gals I am looking for your kind help If you ve got the perfect KB or maybe have owned one in the past that meets my needs please post its name model Very much appreciated Also what the hell is the big deal with quot mechanical quot keyboards Req Again Keys that won t fade Keys the standard or close to size Media controls for things besides WMP Easily programmable macro keys Backlit Could be red white and blue as long as it lights up with some form of lighting Not required but would be nice headphone jack that does not cut out any sound nbsp

A:Keyboard replacement

Do you know Google?
http://www.xoxide.com/gaming-keyboards.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-replacement.178757/
Relevancy 32.68%

How would I be able to know if I'm running on my onboard graphics (Intel HD) or my video card (GeForce 310M)?

*Edit* Specs:
Intel® Core? i3 Processor 330M : 2.4 GHz
Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset
4GB DDR3 1066 MHz SDRAM
nVidia GeForce 310M (1GB)

Thanks,
Steven

A:GeForce 310M problem -- integrated graphics?

This is a laptop...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-310m-problem-integrated-graphics.178746/
Relevancy 33.11%

For the last month my new pc rig has ran fine, with only one BSOD wich I located and found a driver fix for it (marvell btw) but today I booted it up and now my integrated bluetooth shot me an error message. "Cannot detect bluetooth device in com port 0" Any thoughts? It was working fine till today, and I have seen a few posts from other people with same issue but no solutions. This is an Asus P8Z68-V PRO/Gen3 Motherboard.

A:Integrated mobo Bluetooth

Wow no one has any insight on this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/integrated-mobo-bluetooth.178299/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi Guyz....

I am buying new laptop and i have two choices in my budget. Dell Inspiron N5110 (15R) and Lenovo Essential B570. Both have i3 Sandy Bridge. Which one you think is better ???? Any suggestions

A:Dell Inspiron N5110 vs. Lenovo B570

So what did you decide on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-n5110-vs-lenovo-b570.177611/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello Everyone!
Ive been facing a peculiar problem with my Dell inspiron mini 270 of late. Its power light wont go off even after I switch off the laptop thus indicating that it is still being charged! What is even more strange is that in such a state I cannot restart my laptop until after the power light goes off on its own after a few hours. After repeated attempts, I have come to understand that this indicates that now the battery is discharged. Now when I put the power adaptor on and switch on the laptop, it starts. This effectively means that every time I charge the battery and switch off the laptop after some work, I HAVE to wait till the battery is completely discharged to start the laptop again. Guys, guys, I am at my wits end and have extremely close to tearing off my few remaining strands of hair. Any clues anyone?

A:My Dell Inspiron Mini 270 power indicator won't turn off

If the battery is removable, remove and see if the light behaves... If it does, the battery may need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-inspiron-mini-270-power-indicator-wont-turn-off.177803/
Relevancy 49.45%

I brought a asus laptop in 2009,and I often need to travel,4 days ago, I will give the laptop charge but display "no charging", what should i do?tks

A:My Asus a32-f9 laptop battery not charging

Order a new one on eBay... from somebody getting better than 9.6
You are lucky to have an Acer 2009 laptop battery last that long... many last only a year

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-asus-a32-f9-laptop-battery-not-charging.177799/