Windows Support Forum

Two Routers in series

Q: Two Routers in series

I have two D-Link DIR- XTreme-N Gigabit Wireless Routers Pretend for my explanation that there is no wireless activity because that s not where the problem is My cable modem is downstairs connected to the first Router I ll call it quot Router A quot Router A is connected to a few systems and the router upstairs quot Router B quot Router B is connected to a few systems No systems upstairs can connect to the intenet I believe because of a communication error between the two routers Internet works fine downstairs So to summarize Router A can find Two series in Routers and access the internet but Router B Two Routers in series connecting through Router A cannot I thought that the upstairs router would be able to access through another router the same as any other connection but it can t for some reason I want to find out how to run these two routers in series so that I can have mulitple connections in each end of the house Can anyone give me some insight into how to set this up nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Two Routers in series

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Two Routers in series

Each of your routers need to be setup individually, and not through each other.
Once setup, plug the one router into the other. You should have no problems.
But your system would be happier with a switch or even a hub.
Are Router A and B the same brand? When each is used alone, do you get the same readings? Do you have VPN? or other security that could be blocking the second router out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-routers-in-series.109683/
Relevancy 70.52%

For my work I am looking to create wireless capabilities to remote locations To do this we are using a standard modem router that is connected to an Engenius b g wireless outdoor radio connected to a dish antenna We are through currently working have routers, LAN Forward routers WAN series of the able to go to locations km and then with a corresponding receiving antenna using LoS receive the Internet and connect both to computers at Forward WAN through series of routers, the routers currently have working LAN the transmitting point as well as to the WWW The problem exists is that we want to employ a series of routers at the receiving end that would be able to carry the transmission to a different location relatively close due to the fact that some of the locations do not have line of sight to the antennas We are using Encore routers model ENHWI-N When we connect the radio s Ethernet into the routers WAN reciever we can connect to the Internet with a computer The problem exists is we want to pass that connection over to a second router R This connection is done when the routers are on access points set to a Forward WAN through series of routers, the routers currently have working LAN WDS function with R having R s mac address and vice versa Both routers are set to channel Even when the routers are seperated by distances gt m a computer plugged into R can see a computer plugged into R Files can be transferred between the computers wirelessly at speed around mbps However computer on R can not connect to the WWW This router features a spot that lights up if it has Internet access and R s is lit up but R s is not How do we transfer the Internet and not just a LAN from R to R so it can be accessed further away from the point of the radio and antenna equipment This setup has also been used where R is hardwired to R At R we change the channel to and then connect through that with mac addresses wirelessly to th router If comp is in R and far away it can still access and file share from comp at R edit the ip address for the routers exist all on xxx If the rd number is different between routers would this make a difference The routers are all on static ips TLDR SIZE Want to transfer wireless internet connection through a series of routers Can connect to www from R and can connect to R from both a R or a R via series of router with LAN and can share files but no WAN nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forward-wan-through-series-of-routers-the-routers-currently-have-working-lan.1054482/
Relevancy 62.35%

Lately I've been messing around trying to have two routers run in series. I have a Wireless-G Linksys and a Wired Network Anywhere Linksys router. Can anyone help me out. Please explain as simple as you can.

A:How to run two routers in series

By default Linksys routers are (IP) 192.168.1.1 (within the setup page of your Router)

But you can't have two same IP addresses, so therefore you must change one of the Linksys routers to 192.168.1.2 (lets say)

Both routers are also probably set up as DHCP, but to make this work only the Router connected to the Internet line should have DHCP enabled

Therefore the Router connected to the computer should have DHCP disabled

Once the two IP are confirmed different
And once DHCP is enabled Only at the Internet end

Then it's just a matter of connecting the ethernet cables up, and testing online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-run-two-routers-in-series.101028/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello this is my first post I will first explain the situation My router is in the basement where the main computer is We have three other computers in the house another downstairs and upstairs Ethernet cables have been wired throughout the house to all the computers There are no more ports on my router to be used and even if I did I do not wish to wire more ethernet cables through the house let me tell you its such a hassle Now heres my in Routers Connected Series question Can I take one of the ethernet connections thatgoes upstairs and have that connection go through a nd router I wish split that connection to connect Routers Connected in Series other devices such as a laptop and a video game system from this router Is this connection possible And if so will I see a speed reduction I currently have dsl internet and not cable The downstairs router is an old smc router similar to this http www smc com index cfm event viewProduct amp localeCode EN CAN amp cid amp scid amp pid Is it possible to have routers connected in series nbsp

A:Routers Connected in Series

Yes, it would work but that would be a really silly thing to do - routers are not meant for such things.

What you need is an ethernet switch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routers-connected-in-series.67535/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hey.
I have Vonage phone service and they sent me a router. I conntected it up and everything is fine. I connected my wireless router to one of the 4 ports. I can get to the internet over the wireless router but I can not get to the other pc's on my network. the second router is 192.168.1.XXX/255.255.255.0 and the router that is connected to my cable modem is 192.168.15.XXX/255.255.255.0.

I used to use vnc to control the pc's but it cannot see pc's on the other router. what is wrong?

A:connect two routers in series

You should probably only use one router, or disable DHCP on the second router (Whichever one that is plugged into the internet through the other)

It'd be more helpful if you could tell us the models of the two routers, maybe we could tell you step-by-step how to disable DHCP. But I still think that using only one router is a better idea. And I'm fairly certain that Vonage will work on any router, having set it up before on a Linksys purchased at Wal-Mart for a friend.

So, if you need wireless, then try plugging the Vonage phone and your computers into the same router, not using the one that Vonage sent you. If this works, then just keep the one they sent you as a backup in case yours breaks.

Tell me if this works, if it doesn't, then we'll just try a bit harder.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-two-routers-in-series.43198/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Linksys connected to a broadband modem. Connected to this router via cable (about 300ft away) is a Nexxt Solution router. This is used for a second wifi network and cable connection to a desktop. The Nexxt Solution pretty much set itself up so the only thing I had to do was to assign a name and password for the WiFi.

My problem is that I can no longer access the Linksys Web Configuration. Both the Routers have IP 192.168.1.1.

How do I configure the Nexxt Router so I can access both configuration?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/245645-series-wifi-routers.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello all,
I have a Netgear DG834 PN wireless router. I have a happy network set up but thick walls mean doesn't extend v far. Is it possible for me to connect this router to a D Link DI524 wireless router to get a 2nd wirless network in another part of the house? I can run a patch cable between the routers.

If so please advise of the settings required.

Thanks in advance
Furrygirl

A:Trying to connect 2 wireless routers in series

Yes you can, altho you have to make sure the second router has a different ip to the other one. You can also fit larger aerials to improve signal strength!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-connect-2-wireless-routers-in-series.60872/
Relevancy 46.01%

1 modem
1 Belkin N600 router
1 Linksys E1200 router running DD-WRT

Currently, Belkin router is connected to modem. Belkin's ip is 192.168.2.1
Linksys router's IP is 192.168.1.1 and its WAN port is connected to Belkin's LAN port.. internet is working fine however my PC can only access the GUi of the Belkin router since it is conected to the LAN port of the Belkin Router. I also want my PC to access the Linksys GUI without having to plug my PC's cable to the linksys..

How do i go about doing this?

Thanks a lot

Relevancy 46.01%

I am an IT guy so security is constantly on my mind -- I would like feed back as well some input and opinions into this injustice done by major manufacturers This is the fact that major manufacturers Commercial Consumer of Concerns Routers / Some Routers Security of Consumer Routers Mostly are building in quot Default quot back doors to these devices that are not documented in their manuals The fact that they Companies have built in users like quot User quot quot Admin quot quot Mso quot quot Moxi quot and quot Root quot Not only do they have built in users but they also have multiple inputs to those users ie quot User quot administrator quot User quot Michael Most of us are aware that the quot User quot is there and can be changed as well as user ie quot Admin quot admin quot Admin quot Password gt But I recently found a vendor with the hidden user named quot Root quot with default quot password quot and Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers also the user quot Moxi quot which is a multimedia acronym with the default password quot Blank quot These type of back that are not documented and pose a threat to our home routers via government or hackers and I personally think that they should stop I did not Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers list the names of the five most popular brands Security Concerns of Consumer Routers / Some Commercial Routers on purpose I don't think this forum would like it much so I left the names out ALL are guilty of creating this type of back door with users I learned of this when my ISP called and said I downloaded some type of illegal music Which turned out to be someone using the back door quot Root quot and used my wireless router to accomplish it - GOTO Starbucks - I conclusion Back Doors may be fine but undocumented ones pose a security risk when you don't know they are there

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36791-security-concerns-consumer-routers-some-commercial-routers.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

My stepfather who lives next door to me has a windows xp desktop and a actiontech modem with dynamic routing turned on for up to 4 computers on a dsl connection. I ran a cat 5 cable out of one of the ports and ran it to my house next door... about 175 feet roughly. I can get online next door. I am attempting to get all of the computers on the same network so we can share various resources and drives. All of the computers are apart of the same network, and I have double checked spelling... I have disabled all the firewalls, both on the machines and in the routers. If anyone can think of a step I might be missing, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

A:Mulitple routers, computers on diferent routers can't see one another.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mulitple-routers-computers-on-diferent-routers-cant-see-one-another.453213/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a set of HP Z Workstations with E - -V Xeon Cpu's SSD boot drives and varying sizes of memory from - GB Mghz DDR ECC We use Windows Enterprise for these machines with Hyper-V enabled We get regular driver failures from the sets of USB controllers on the machines Mainly and issue for the KB amp Mouse that can only be resolved with a full power down not restart and a power up This happens at least once every - days per machine I had gone through the HP support but Chipset fail Family causes USB Series/C200 Series Enhanced Hyper-V Controller driver Intel(R) to Host they have advised this isn't an issue on their side and I had agreed all along I was just hoping to get some traction by notifying them Anyway after a lengthy trouble shooting session we found that once Hyper-V was enabled the fault arose As it was an Intel chip they I asked them They advised that on Windows the drivers are supplied via windows update and that it was not their issue So how can I get this resolved Not through Hyper-V causes Intel(R) Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller driver to fail HP or Intel surely through MS Maybe not Disabling Hyper-V is not desired as I the teams with these PC's are developers and require local visualization Also we have templates ready for Hyper-V I don't really want to remove Hyper-V and use Virtual box or VMWare workstation but I am at wits end with the fault and lack Hyper-V causes Intel(R) Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller driver to fail of help from the vendors Please help

A:Hyper-V causes Intel(R) Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller driver to fail

I have found a work around for this fault with the USB failure - ENSURE YOU POWER  THE MACHINE OFF - DO NOT RESTART.
Its almost like the restart doesn't initialise the device correct, thus causing a failure. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/974e8470-9fd5-47b4-9bdf-699f6e3c33d6/hyperv-causes-intelr-seriesc200-series-chipset-family-usb-enhanced-host-controller-driver-to?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 43.86%

I know it s been posted a Needed Price + 7-Series Advice v. in 8-Series: Performance s load of times but I figured I d go ahead and get something straightforward- all the other posts have been in jungle English and haven t included the proviso I m looking for Anyways my situation is that I bought my X GT from Newegg around Christmastime as a present to my ainsel ownself for those not familiar I ve been getting kind of disappointed in it Price v. Performance in 7-Series + 8-Series: Advice Needed recently It underperforms and often crashes on STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl and some more modern games akin to it It also runs hot as Hades I m in the market for a new card I d like to go DX but the late-production DX s series seem to outperform a lot of the more affordable DX offerings series especially at higher resolutions Price v. Performance in 7-Series + 8-Series: Advice Needed due to the -to- bit difference I could splurge and go for an I suppose but it would be a hit to the wallet and I d have to postpone cough quot Aruban Getaway quot So I don t want to pass up on the new line of DX -only Games for Windows Age of Conan Crysis etc that have been hyped to all hell just because I stuck with price and performance instead of currency and novelty I need some help deciding Then again I could always wait until DX becomes the vogue and buy a cheaper but better card then nbsp

A:Price v. Performance in 7-Series + 8-Series: Advice Needed

Keep what you got and see what's comming next. I have a 8600GT as a stopgap until something better comes out. There has been talk of a Nvidia 256bit card to fill the gap between the 8600's and 8800's. I can't fit a 8800 in my case, if I could I would just get the 8800GTS 320mb now. If I were you, wait for the game to upgrade instead of upgrading and waiting for the game. Your X1900GT is no slouch either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/price-v-performance-in-7-series-8-series-advice-needed.81319/
Relevancy 43.86%

All nbsp With the new year we start a fresh discussion for members to share their order and fulfillment experiences nbsp We are retiring the nbsp thread nbsp nbsp nbsp Anyone having an active discussion there can find it here nbsp The - tread nbsp can be found here nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Here are some common points of frequent discussion nbsp How to get a system fast nbsp Buy an in-stock standard configuration from Lenovo or a Lenovo Partner in your area Customized systems take longer Avoid Credit Holds - ensure that BOTH your bill to and ship to addresses are listed with your CC bank before ordering Lenovo will not bill your card until order ships - an authorization Tablet Series X - Shipping edi... 2015 Thread series charge hold to check for available X series Tablet Series Shipping Thread - 2015 edi... balance may show up when order is first placed Estimated ship dates are based on default lead time and can vary from what was displayed on website In the US and Canada Lenovo utilizes UPS for new product shipments Orders may ship before the Estimated Ship Date Orders may enter through Alaska and pass through Louisville KY before traveling on to final address Cancellation requests may take up to days to process Requests to change configuration or other aspects of the order may require the order to be rebooked Lenovo does not accept payment via international credit cards except AMEX We hope you enjoy your new ThinkPad system when it arrives

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/X-series-Tablet-Series-Shipping-Thread-2015-edition/td-p/1855963
Relevancy 43%

I have a Pavilion G6 2000 series, I bought this laptop 2nd hand it has a generic cd/dvd bezel that does not stay on. I have found a G6 1000 bezels but I need to know if it will fit before I purchase a replacement that may or may not fit. Help????

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-a-G6-1000-series-compatible-with-a-g6-2000-series/td-p/5669964
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey,
I want to invest in a SDD to replace my dying westgate harddrive. I've set my mind on Corsair but I want to know the difference between the eXtreme series and the Performance series (http://www.corsair.com/products/ssd_home.aspx). According to the website, X SDDs reads a little bit faster, but the P series writes a little bit faster. The only other thing is that the P series is around £100 cheaper!

So is the X series worth the extra £100?

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corsair-sdd-difference-between-the-x-series-and-the-p-series.905956/
Relevancy 41.71%

hey there

I have a question, what is a better video card to get?
6800 series or the x800 series?

the graphics card that i have in right now just isnt cutting it for me, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 I mainly play HL2, CSS and Doom3. I was woundering what card is gonna give me better fps for those games. i have the specs of my comp here (vv) and i wanted to kno what card(s) would run great with the things that i have.

the specs of my comp are:
Video card:NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700
mobo:GA-8IPE1000 (2.0)
processor4 3.0 Ghz (OC'd to 3.4 Ghz at the moment)
PSU: 420 thermaltake ATX 12V
Cooling: prestock (gonna change very soon)
RAM: Genaric PC 3200 mismatched
HD: Maxtor Dimond MAX+9 160GIG

What do u suggest i should get?

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I have some Toshiba Tecra M series but for some reason the laptop no longer works with a battery attached and just get flashing light on the laptop It works fine with power but won't swatch on at all with a fully charge battery I have tried many and it's not the battery I have taken the laptop apart but can t find anything that is wrong So it must be the battery motherboard M10 Toshiba same Tecra the series series A10 asTecra motherboard? and or charge circuit resisters gone on the M Anyway Toshiba Tecra A10 series motherboard the same asTecra M10 series motherboard? I was looking at a motherboard replacement On looking about it appears that Toshiba released a M and a A series They both look about the same to me with the same Toshiba Tecra A10 series motherboard the same asTecra M10 series motherboard? fittings but to be sure can anyone tell me if a A motherboard is the same as the M motherboard Maybe someone who works with these day in day out hopefully will know Just don t want to buy and A if it s not compatible with M case and fittings

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90946-Toshiba-Tecra-A10-series-motherboard-the-same-asTecra-M10-series-motherboard
Relevancy 38.27%

Any Idea or ETA for Lenovo Ideapad Y Series W/ New Nvidia Gtx 10 Series ( 1060 / 1070 / 1080 ) ? or New Intel i7 7th Gen Processors??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/ETA-for-Ideapad-Y-Series-Gtx-10-Series-or-i7-7th-Gen/td-p/3421948
Relevancy 38.27%

I'm getting really pissed off for the newer games. Some of them requires an Direct X 10 video cards to run it properly. Do you guys think 7900 SLI can run newer games smoothly such as Lost Planet? On my computer I test my system requirements and it failed for recommendations. It says that it requires Dx 10 cards to play smoothly.

A:7 series SLI versus 8 series (No SLI

I'm sure you will loose some of the gee wiz graphics not using a DX10 card but so far most game makers have been making games that use either DX9 or DX10. As far as lost planet is concerned here is whats posted on their official forums as supported vid cards.

http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=15043

The following is a list of video cards that our R&D labs have tested in conjunction with NVIDIA and ATI, and have been confirmed to work.
NVIDIA (DirectX 9)
GeForce 6600
GeForce 7x00 series
GeForce 8x00 series

NVIDIA (DirectX 10, requires Windows Vista)
GeForce 8x00 series

Windows XP 32-bit Driver: ForceWare 162.18 beta (July 5th)
Windows Vista 32-bit Driver: ForceWare 162.22 (July 11th, 2007)
Windows Vista 64-bit Driver: ForceWare 162.22 (July 11th, 2007)

ATI (DirectX 9)
Radeon 1650
Radeon 1800
Radeon 1950

ATI (DirectX 10, requires Windows Vista)
None currently.

For R600 (Radeon HD2900, etc.) cards there is a hot fix from ATI:Click to expand...

the 7900 is showing in that list so it looks like it should work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/7-series-sli-versus-8-series-no-sli.602219/
Relevancy 38.27%

I'm hoping to get some info from anyone that has some good stats on these cards I've been outa town for days and wasn't near my freind MY PC over the release of Series... ATI 200 vs GTX 4000 Series the New GTX cards so sadly I didn't get to see all the info and the Benchmarks for it Other than Kingpin's Crazy Vantage Score Other than that I just got home and I'm GTX 200 Series vs ATI 4000 Series... wanting to get the Scoop on these cards I've been reading a little tonight tho Also I'm hoping for some info about the new ATI and they are looking VERY nice and GTX 200 Series vs ATI 4000 Series... looks like ATI might have finally made something that can actually compete with Nvidia this time around Nvidia's had the Enthusiasts Market for a good Year and a half or so IMO but I've read only a little about them from what I've seen they look good but if anyone has some info or links to Info about them then please share I kno most the ATI benchmarks that are out now are not completely trustworth cuz the cards aren't officially here yet But please post some links and info if you can Thanks Also What should I do Buy a cheap or Cheaper used GTS and SLI them or sell mine and SLI GT G 's after price drop becuase of the new series or should I try and hold out and get a or should I get a ATI looks good and now I'm in a Fickle as what I should do I knew what I needed to do until I read about there new release comin now I'm shattered and need to wait for more info I take in a lot before I buy things little OCD I think I'd call it haha or a lot actually ok this is long enough Thanks please post info links

A:GTX 200 Series vs ATI 4000 Series...

If you want 8800GT's, the prices have dropped to about $150 average on newegg which is great considering i got mine for $250. Personally, I'm against SLI, but if you're for it and would have to make a purchase now, go with 2 8800GTS g92 as they're averaging about <$200 (MSI's 8800GTS is on newegg for $177) and they provide some performance over the 8800GT. Since the 9800GTX is basically the same performance as the 8800GTS but more expensive, then forget that.

If you can wait a while to make a purchase, I've heard that the newer 9800GTX+ will have higher stock clocks that will deliver better performance with its newer drivers too, and this card comes out in mid-July. It's supposed to be priced around $230 and it's chip is built on 55nm process. This card sounds attractive, but we'll have to wait for solid reviews of the card first.

ATI... I don't like them, so I'm sorry but I can't tell you anything about them.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/162428-gtx-200-series-vs-ati-4000-series.html
Relevancy 37.41%

will the 9 series make the $220 8800gts drop to something like $100 or will it still be $200?

A:Will the 9 series cards make the 8 series cards cheaper?

eventually, and then the 10 series will do the same to the 9 series, rinse and repeat. basically as long as its one of the fastest cards the gts will be expensive, when it becomes obsolete (relatively) its price will drop.

from the question i assume you are looking to upgrade, if you want to only spend $100 then i'd say your best bet is an OCed 7600 GT, lotsa bang for your buck, i can run FEAR with pretty high settings with just one of them.
but really, what are you looking for?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-the-9-series-cards-make-the-8-series-cards-cheaper.97664/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Netgear DG834GT wireless router which works fine with my PCs which have G series network adapters. But with my laptop with an N series network adapter the signal disconnected every 20 seconds then reconnected; this was only a problem using it at home – everywhere else it connected well. I solved this by using a G series PCMCIA when at home. So far so good.

Now my wife has been given a work laptop which has the same problem. She can’t use a PCMCIA because the laptop has been set to stop her installing the software. So… should we get an N series router? Is there any reason it wouldn’t let us both work PCMCIA-free? And if we should go ahead, any advice on what specs I should get or avoid?

Relevancy 34.83%

Is the nVidia 4200 ti series older than the nVidia FX series?
I am pretty sure the nVidia 4200 ti series is older than the nVidia FX series, but am not certain. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Relevancy 33.97%

So Dell made a really terrible 15 Series power 15 Can a board power board? a with Inspiron Dell Dell I Series Inspiron 5000 replace 7000 decision nbsp They have a transparent strip in the power button for an LED light to indicate if the power is on nbsp A power indicator is a given in any laptop no matter how cheap it is nbsp However Dell in all of it Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? s genius decided to not include an LED bulb on laptops up to the Inspiron Series despite leaving a transparent slot for it nbsp Seriously what happened to this brand nbsp Do children make these laptops now I want to fix this as my laptop is no longer returnable and a power indicator is absolutely necessary nbsp So the only thing I can think of is replacing it with one from the Series somehow Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board? with some help probably This is a Dell Inspiron nbsp I also have an Inspiron nbsp Not sure which exact model I should get the part for Are they compatible Is there an easier way Like how Fn H turns on the hard drive indicator Thanks

A:Can I replace a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Series power board with a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series power board?

The systems use different case and mainboard designs -- and may even be made by different companies.  The answer in all likelihood is no.
I don't think Apple has produced a Macbook with a power indicator -- the PC vendors are playing follow Apple.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981673
Relevancy 32.25%
Q: routers

i need to figure out how to set up router..... forgot username and password to it.

A:routers

whats the make/model of the router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routers.595883/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all,

I'm a bit clueless when it comes to routers.. I've had a Speedtouch 330 ADSL USB modem for nearly 8 years now, but recently I've bought an xbox 360 and setting up ICS on it is a pain, and I'm also looking to get a laptop which I'll want wireless for, so I'm after a router that is wired, but can give me a WiFi connection.. I'm not entirely sure if they exist, as the site's I've looked on just state Wireless or nothing, the other thing that is confusing me is these routers have for example 300Mbps speeds written on them, I'm not sure what they're on about there exactly.. is that the speed that the network can work to or something? :S

Thanks alot for any help!

A:Routers? :S

You're looking for an ADSL wireless-capable gateway. There are tons of these out there; I use a US Robotics 9108A, and love it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routers-s.136380/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey Guys

I have 2 routers, I have 2 phone line port things, 1 upstairs, 1 downstairs. I want to use the one upstairs while the one downstairs is turned off. Problem is whenever the DSL cable is plugged in on the one downstairs the upstairs ones DSL and internet light dont go solid and therefore I cant use it.

However when the DSL line is out of the one downstairs the upstairs one works fine.

Please Help Guys!

Thanks

Relevancy 32.25%
Q: Routers

Is there anyway where I can setup two wireless routers that will allow me to connect wireless to wireless and then network out to a printer? Yeah sounds confusing but let me make another example.

I hope this gives you a visual:

WIRELESS ROUTER (1)- - -wireless connectivity- - -WIRELESS ROUTER (2)__CAT5__<PRINTERS>

Could anyone help me with this? If you some good information please let me know and if it's impossible please let me know also. I've tried to use an range extender and that did work.. Also, I was thinking of getting one of them Apple airport to see if that would work but I highly doubt it. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 32.25%

I currently have the stock router that sky gave me, I think it's at 108mbs. I was wondering if I got an n router at 300mbs will it also increase the range? Are there any other advantages?

A:N routers...

Range should go up.

Speed of course. Multiple frequency bands (reduces interference from other devices)

Usually the "N" routers also have better stateful packet examination for better security, etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221856-n-routers.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,
I was just wondering whether i can use 2 routers, for the same phone line, we have 2 computers in separate buildings, but same phone line, would it be possible to use different routers?

A:Routers

Depends on the line, and the router, but technically, yes.
You divide the existing speed between the two, so neither will likely work like you expect. The result is less than half.
I am assuming you mean DSL since you are talking about a phone line, and the DSL connection will be the problem. DSL change will be detected and stopped by your IP provider. They are not dumb. Their detection equipment is designed to prevent this... and your agreement with them specifically prohibits it in every market I have seen. So you risk having no connection, and perhaps putting yourself at legal risk.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routers.109414/
Relevancy 32.25%

I currently am using my pc to stream home videos to my ps3 via wireless router by using tversity. The problem is the connection is too slow, and the video playback on the ps3 pauses frequently. I have another router that I have used before using a wired connection to both devices and the speed is good. Is there a way I can use the wired configuration and still have Internet on my pc using it's wireless adapter? The router that has Internet is in a different room and can only be acsessed wirelessly.

A:Using two routers

Yes. I often use both wired and wireless at the same time to connect to 2 different networks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-two-routers.988791/
Relevancy 32.25%

I need to link two sites by VPN and I'm researching suitable routers. Looking at the specs for them they often list the number of tunnels they can support. For instance the TP-Link TD-W8960 boasts "Concurrent IPSec VPN tunnels: 10". This router can operate as a VPN gateway.

Can anyone explain what this actually means?

I understand that VPNs create encrypted tunnels but what is the 10 tunnel limit? Is it that it can connect to 10 other VPN gateways, or that 10 users can use the VPN link created between two of these things in gateway mode, or is that it will only allow 10 client-to-endpoint tunnels to pass through it?

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,
I currently have an old BEFW11S4 V2 router in which my computer is wired to. Well, I've been having problems with that router such as not being able to log in to the router settings page and change certain things (I have to reset about twenty times before the router defaults to the factory settings). Because of that problem, where I am living there is always someone who constantly resets the router, overriding all my settings so my wireless devices such as my laptop won't work. Since it takes so much time just to get the settings back and replacing it wont help since I cannot prevent people from messing with the router, I'm wondering if it's at all possible to leave that router wired to my desktop, and still get a second router connected to my computer alone for wireless access?

Thanks!

A:Using two routers?

silvreagle said:

Hi,
I currently have an old BEFW11S4 V2 router in which my computer is wired to. Well, I've been having problems with that router such as not being able to log in to the router settings page and change certain things (I have to reset about twenty times before the router defaults to the factory settings). Because of that problem, where I am living there is always someone who constantly resets the router, overriding all my settings so my wireless devices such as my laptop won't work. Since it takes so much time just to get the settings back and replacing it wont help since I cannot prevent people from messing with the router, I'm wondering if it's at all possible to leave that router wired to my desktop, and still get a second router connected to my computer alone for wireless access?

Thanks!Click to expand...

Forget the router, two old I had one of those then it had died. Got V3 and it's like brand new still, why because it not a good router. Gone with Dlink one instead. You can reset until the world comes to the end, you update the firmware but these routers are only good for 2 years and then fail. Best bet is to buy another router.

You can use wired router with a wireless router (this would be an access point) so you still keep your wired network and plus have wireless, like a dual network environment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-two-routers.108187/
Relevancy 32.25%

To start Home network with a mixture of Wired and Wireless with ADSL access all working OK Introduce Work Laptop that needs VPN access to work Set it all up via the same router and get it working with the work Laptop being able to print to a network printer on the Home network as well as the work ones via VPN and also access shared files on the home network all VIA wireless from the work laptop OK so far everything spot on Now Work decides to provide a second ADSL line and a BT router not wireless So that was connected to the Laptop and set up not by me to provide the VPN access directly through the new router and it works and gives access to the works printers and still shows didn t try accessing folders at the time the shared devices on the home network The laptop is still connected wireless to the home router as well However now try accessing the shared printer on the home network from the laptop and it comes up with Spool Two routers service not started So I rebooted everything and did not start the VPN but left everything else as is and the printer is seen OK but the shared drives aren t Start VPN Two routers and the drives appear but the Printer disappears - spool not started I m going bald nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-routers.533074/
Relevancy 32.25%

I need a new wireless router. We have four devices that would connect to it. Which one or ones would
you recommend?

you have this marked solved - have you now purchased a router ?

any router would cope with 4 devices - you need to make sure its the correct type of router - are you connecting to a modem or do you want the router to replace a modem - is it DSL/ADSL or cable

often the ISP will provide a wireless router and in most cases free - certainly if you talk about changing ISPs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routers.1080259/
Relevancy 32.25%

For a few years, my Netgear router DG834G ran trouble free 24/7. Unfortunately it died and was replaced a few months ago with another Netgear router DGN2000. Occassionally over the past week or so, it drops connection, resulting in the need for me to switch it off, wait 1 minute, switch it on and normal service is resumed.
My local telephone exchange is just under 5 miles from home and is not yet converted to digital, so my download speed is on average 1.5mb.
Do you have this problem when running 24/7 with yours.

Hi Rode runner,

I use a Fritz box 7270 It has been running 24/7 for around 2 years now and it has never let me down

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/154553-routers.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Please take a look at the attached sketch It shows what I am trying to do with my home network Router and computers and are at a remote location from router and computer I need to have both computers and to be able to access the network and internet at the same time My thought was that I could turn off the firewall and NAT on 2 Routers router and basically use it as a switch but have had no luck yet I can access router s setup screen from both computer and but nothing else Neither computer nor can access Computer or the internet Also cannot ping any IP addresses Computer and can ping themselves and the loopback address If I disconnect router and 2 Routers connect computer or computer directly 2 Routers to the cable from router they both have connectivity Computer and computer are running XP Home and computer is running SE These are all wired not wireless connections Both routers are Belkins I m trying to do this because I have all the hardware and thought I could get this setup working without have to purchase any more stuff Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

I know this subject might be flogged to death but a friend of mine who lives in the country has sattelite for his ISP. He is looking for a high end router to meet his current and future needs. I am suggesting either the Linksys WRT610N or the Linksys Wireless N Dual Band Router (E3200-CA) or the Asus Dual-Band Wireless-N Router (RT-N56U). His current ISP told him to not buy any Linsys routers as the IP address for the ISP and router are the same. His current needs are good coverage as he lives in the country....no cell service!!, two laptops and one old desktop. In the future he would like to hook up his laptop to his HD t.v. and do some gaming...probably NFL games. Any more suggestions would be very helpful.

Espressoguy

A:too many routers

The default LAN address of a router may conflict with the IP address used by the satellite receiver's LAN IP address. That should not be a big problem since most routers will allow you to set up the router address and IP range to another set of numbers. You would lose those settings if the router was reset for any reason.

Why are you mentioning no cell service. Wireless routers do not depend on any kind of cell service. The built in antennas on most routers are good for a couple of hundred feet of coverage distance. What kind of distances are you talking about between the different computers and the proposed location of the wireless router?

Most desktop computers do not come with a WiFi interface but do come with a wired Ethernet port these days. You can either use a wired connection from the desktop to the router or add a Wireless card or Wireless USB dongle for a wireless connection.

Connecting a laptop to the TV would most likely involve a direct video connection from the laptop to the TV. Trying to run real time video over a LAN may give poor results and may have too much lag for gaming.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/too-many-routers.1008337/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi everyone got a bit of a problem I currently have BT broadband with the wireless voyager router the router is then directly connected to another router which is the Pre-N Belkin These are situated upstairs in the house The Belkin does all the wireless networking round the - 3 Need help Routers house and the really just acts as the modem I then bought another BT voyager this time it was the one This one comes with Ethernet ports instead of the with the What i want to do if possible is too have located downstairs so it acts as an repeater for the BT router upstairs As the range and speed of the Pre-N Belkin is excellent i thought to leave it as it is So to just extend the wireless of the BT router upstairs to the downstairs one This will help me a lot when fixing pc s as I don t have to take the pc s upstairs to wire connect them can just to 3 Routers - Need help them from downstairs which has much bigger space Both BT voyagers 3 Routers - Need help have the option for repeating and currently 3 Routers - Need help i have entered the MAC address of the downstairs one onto the configuration of the upstairs one both are using channel and the downstairs one has DHCP disabled Its still not working and when connecting to the downstairs router the internet is not available So is must mean its not working properly Anyone know where Im going wrong Is this actually possible Any help will much appreciated Thanking you in advance Alexis nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

So I have 2 routers. Thomson TG784 and Thomson ST780. Internet comes trough DSL cable into TG784. Is it possible to use ST780 as wifi receiver and connect it trough wifi with TG784. (fried my own wifi receiver and no money atm to buy a new one)

A:2 routers

Does it support being an AP? Most of them do.
What is an Access Point?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172336-2-routers.html
Relevancy 32.25%

okay heres my set up right now, i have a computer in my room, and a PS3 in my room. I have a wireless linksys wrt54gs v7 with DD-WRT firmware, in bridge mode, hard wired to my comp. The other router is wayy in the other room, and that one receives internet, its a Netgear router. My question is, if i hook my PS3 up to the wireless network, will it connect to the router way in the other room (and receive a mediocre signal) or hook up to linksys router, which is hooked to the other router, and get a better signal?

Relevancy 32.25%

I am currently using a Thomson ST 780WL router which has both LAN and usb connections, the latter being updated ib Device Manager

the usb connection is necessary if I wish to use a secondary desktop and also because there is generally a router front panl light to indicate its connection.

However Thomson have told me that they will not provide a driver for Windows 7 64 bit

I am trying to find a router with Windows 7 64 bit compatibility and whose CD will support Windows 7 64 bit updating of the usb connection in Device Manager

Can you tell me if you have such an ADSL router , please

Daniel Arbib

Try posting over in the networking forums for more expert advice: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f134/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/routers-478023.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi Im a total noob when it comes to this kind of thing Here is the issue Im having The building Im in currently has Broadband fitted but was at a very low speed I phoned my provider SKY who boosted the line but said we should be 2 Using Routers getting full speed as we are Using 2 Routers really close to the exchange I live in a large building with other people all using the net xboxes The guy at SKY Who was really helpful and knew his stuff pointed out that we were maybe not plugged into the main phone port This was new to me as I assumed all phone lines into a building were evenly matched I then searched the whole building and found what I think to be as it has a dividing line like he mentioned on Using 2 Routers the front plate the main phone port into the building Unfortunately its on the very top floor Right I am currently getting everyone to buy some homeplug s to limit the insane amount of cables here and mine works fine and Im actually living on the top floor The problem is some of us need the wireless on the bottom floor this will not reach the main phone port on the top Using 2 Routers floor which is where I will have to plug in the router What would be the best way to extend the wireless or fit something to allow these people to use the wireless Can routers be used on different floors using different adsl into the phone lines Or is there something to purchase that can do this job I hope this makes sense to you as its the only way I could think to describe it nbsp

A:Using 2 Routers

It looks like you're kinda tossing a few different issues together under the heading of: Trying to get my apartments' network set up; don't want to run a lot of wires (so, I'm considering Homeplugs), and there needs to be at least some wireless in it.

Based on some of the information in the last bit of your post, it appears as though you have aDSL. Presuming this is the case, it shouldn't be 'necessary' to plug directly into the phone panel. Usually, the phone company will supply in-line filters that can be used to filter out the extra noise for DSL. Kinda surprised that SKY wouldn't have said anything about that, but sometimes they will presume stuff. So, may want to look into that. If you do have some filters, then that should make placement of the router a bit easier; otherwise, they may be able to send you some. Either way, the rest should stand on its own.

When it comes to the Homeplugs, I haven't been able to locate any specific information about it, but some conversations which happened in these forums were specific. There are a lot of differences as to how it will work that are dependent on the region in which you're located. Not as a matter of your location, but how they wire houses where you are. Apparently, in the US, it's possible that not everyone in the house will be able to access the same homeplug network. There are a LOT of posts on this subject in the forums here, so you may want to research that a bit.

As far as connecting two routers directly into the phone lines, can't do it. DSL lines are configured to only allow one connection. You will have to find some way to get the signal from upstairs, through one access point. ==>

<== This can definitely be done, provided you have the right equipment. Presuming it's a wireless router upstairs, then.... REPEATERS: Take an existing wireless signal, boost it, and rebroadcast it. Frequently used in a similiar situation where the wireless signal isn't quite strong enough to get a reliable connection when you're relatively far away from (or there's a lot of material between you and) the main router. OTHER ROUTERS: Some routers have the capability of acting in purely client mode or in client/rebroadcast mode. Dependent upon the second router's capabilities, you would then either plug directly into it, or connect to it via wireless, maybe even both. I can't necessarily recommend one of these over the other, as the only one I've actually configured is the 'OTHER ROUTERS' option, but my understanding is that they work very similarly.

I've probably raised more questions than I've answered, so just keep 'em coming.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-2-routers.1019742/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi my current routers mac address is getting blocked by the network for some reason is there anyway that i can change it (config, spoof, clone) or anything so the mac it sends to the network is a different one. I have a d-link router model EBR

Thanks

Relevancy 32.25%

Can Routers connect to another router like a USB adapter can?
I don't have a broadband connection, but I am in to modding, and it would be easier for me to do what I want to do to a router than a tiny USB adapter.
So can I get wireless internet from a router by connecting to another wireless AP?

A:Can Routers>?

yes ,but it will be slow
make the wired router a bridge or a switch
disable dhcp and use a dif ip address for 2nd router don't use the WAN link on 2nd router
not to clear as to config you plan
modem to wireless then cable to wired router???
make sure the modem is not a router in itself this will lead to config errors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-routers.65240/
Relevancy 32.25%

I'd like to set up a VPN on my home network, but I don't want to run the software on one of the computers. I've seen ads for Cisco VPN routers, and I'm wondering if anyone has experience with them. The low-end models start around $150. Do those devices really have built-in VPN functionality that allows for external VPN connectivity? I only need this for 1 or 2 simultaneous connections.

I've tried combing through documentation and FAQ sheets, but I'm not sure if the functionality I want just isn't there, or if it's so obvious that they don't feel the need to spell it out.

A:VPN Routers

Which router model are you looking in to? Yes, the RV line of routers do have VPN capability. I haven't configured one before so I can't speak to how well it works. I have configured Netgear FVS routers and they work quite well. I don't know which VPN technology you want to use but all of them require some client software whether it be an installed client or configuring a built in one within the OS in question. The only true clientless VPN technology out there is SSL VPNs. And the chances of a SOHO/SMB router having this feature is pretty slim. The two appliances I know that have this are the Cisco ASA 5505 which provides 2 concurrent sessions by default or the Netgear SSL VPN concentrator.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vpn-routers.1033308/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello All!
Now, we live on a farm we have a computer down at the farm in the office room. The phone down there is connected to the house one too. (So if you call our home, it rings down the shed too) We are trying to get a router down there now how do we make it as the SAME connection? (or network do i say) thanks

Relevancy 32.25%

I have a peculiar network setup that causes me to require two routers.
My laptop connects to router B, which then connects to router/adsl-modem A.

{Internet} ===MTU:1460===> [A] ---MTU:????---> [B] ===> Laptop
I have set up router A with all the correct settings provided by my ISP, one specifically being the MTU of 1460.

I now need to know what I should set router B's MTU at. Should it be the same at 1460, or the full network speed of 1500.

Please help if you know the answer. Thanks!

A:What MTU between two routers?

I am going out on a limb here but I would think you would have to set it either auto so it would detect the of router a's mtu or set it manually at 1460. if you had it at 1500 then you packets would get fragmented.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/162843-what-mtu-between-two-routers.html
Relevancy 32.25%

Can you connect a d-link router to a rogers router

Uaually. Normally just run an ethernet from a LAN port on the Rogers to the WAN(Internet) port of the D-Link. Would have to have different subnets though. Would be a problem if both are using the same subnet.
What are you trying to do?
What are the makem/model of the Rogers, D-Link?
What is the subnet / LAN IP address of the Rogers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routers.1073983/
Relevancy 32.25%

So today I got a BT home hub, and connected a desktop and laptop to it fine. I've had a few ideas though and I was wondering if it was possible to connect my laptop to the internet in one room, using my old router to make the signal stronger.
Basically:

Home hub---------Laptop---------Voyager 2091
|
Desktop

Basically I want the home hub and desktop together, and the same with the laptop and voyager. Bear in mind the home hub has the only ADSl connection. This is probably very unclear, so just say i you need me to clarify.

A:BT routers

Huh?

I dont get it at all, maybe I am having an off day. You want to what? what is a BT home hub? Bluetooth? Whats the model number of the BT thing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bt-routers.604674/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am currently looking into a solution to connect a wireless router to a port that uses 802.1x Authentication. I was wondering if there is anyway to do this? Thanks.

A:802.1x and Routers.

More details please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/802-1x-and-routers.643114/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am looking now to create a wireless network so i can access the internet in my room but dont have any idea what im looking for.

I have 512k broadband th enow through a firewall box thing (Technicall description) which then connects to the pc im using.

I need something that can still connect to this pc (its a shuttle box and doesnt really have the room to expand it anymore) but also runs a wirelss bnetwork at the same time. Is this possible. Can someone point me in the direction of a decent product that does this. I can spend roughly £80 but would like to get a network car dwith that too.

also if you feel this should be in networking then please ask a mod to move it. Sorry but seems to be a bit of both here. Thanks.

Relevancy 32.25%

I have a Dell desktop and laptop. I bought a router thinking I could share files on both computers by typing on the desktop and finishing it on the desktop. Apparently not. Other than emailing, using a jump drive or CD is there anyway of transferring files from one to the other?

I know this is a minor problem compared to most others and appreciate your suggestions.

Relevancy 32.25%

I have a paper that I have to write for my opreating systems class. The paper is on the features and uses of routers.If anyone can help with some suggestions it would be appriciated.

Check out this article:

http://www.secinf.net/firewalls_and_VPN/Cisco_Router_Security_Overview.html

I found this by GOOGLE'ing "PC ROUTER USAGE"

Changing the search to "PC ROUTER USE"

I found better ones including:

http://www.homenethelp.com/router-guide/index.asp

Check these sites and others using the last mentioned GOOGLE criteria.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routers.288651/
Relevancy 32.25%

i'm wondering who makes the best routers, and wireless routers... the two most popular ones are D-Link and LinkSys (and any subdivisions under them), but i've heard VERY good things about US Robotics Routers as well...

so, tell me who you think makes the best router products...

thanks in advance!

Relevancy 32.25%

Can someone tell me what is a good reliable router?? I have a LinkSys Wireless-G 2.4 GHZ and it runs off a cable modem (roadrunner) It has been nothing but trouble since I got it. The only thing that runs wireless is my sons laptop in his bedroom upstairs. I also run 2 x-boxes, my pc and my other sons pc (all not wireless) off this router. I am constantly losing connection to everything. I have to unplug the router and restart it in order to get it to reconnect. As you may guess I do not enjoy losing the connection in the middle of a good ghost recon summit strike game....lol.
Do I need a better router? I have heard some bad things about the LinkSys router.

Thanks,
mooserny

Netgear is supposed to be the top end stuff, but D-Link has never dissapointed me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routers.68727/
Relevancy 32.25%

I currently have a 10/100, 4 port router with cable print sharing. I would like to have a faster router. Is there any such thing that also includes print sharing?

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,

Iam going to take a certificate exam, now i have a question that is

1. LLc & MAC are two Sub Layers of which Layer?

2. Which Switch is used to create a logfile called $winnt.log.?

3. When I set a user password to Password Never Expires in the User Manager. However, if i have set passwords to expire in 90 days in the Account Policy . What will be the effective account policy for the user password?

4.When I install a network adapter card in 486 computer and notices that the floppy drive has stopped working. what could be the cause of the problem?

5. To trouble shoot Router problem, what should I use to identify it?

. Network Monitor. (or)

. NBTSTAT. (or)

PCONFIG. (or)

TRACERT.
Please give me the answer for the above questions

Please help me as iam not getting the answers from any where.
Please

Hey....you still posting exam questions?? Not gonna happen here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routers.111682/
Relevancy 32.25%

i have a router to network my computers at home and to use the internet on all the computers. does this help internet security any? am i safer because of the router?

Maybe, and maybe not. It depends on weather or not your router has a firewall in it (hardware firewall). If it does, then yes you are mor secure. If you tell us what router you have, we can tell you if it has a firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routers.12773/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a quick question. I have a 2WIRE Gateway Modem on a computer in my bedroom that accesses the Internet. Then i have Linksys WRT54G Router in another room where my Xbox 360 and another is in. Now my question is can I use the Linksys router to hook up my 360 wired and my 2nd computer wired and then hook up the Linksys router to the Gateway wirelessly so i can access the internet on my 360 and 2nd computer?

A:Using two routers

thething said:

I have a quick question. I have a 2WIRE Gateway Modem on a computer in my bedroom that accesses the Internet. Then i have Linksys WRT54G Router in another room where my Xbox 360 and another is in. Now my question is can I use the Linksys router to hook up my 360 wired and my 2nd computer wired and then hook up the Linksys router to the Gateway wirelessly so i can access the internet on my 360 and 2nd computer?Click to expand...

Hi

I had to read this a few times and i think I get it.

You want to hook the Linksys router to the gateway, on a wireless link.?

To have a working wireless link you need a wireless router and a wireless network card, I dont see how you could link 2 routers, neither of which have a wireless network card, unless they are both a wireless device, in which case you could make the linksys an access point that gets it settings from the gateway,

But I dont know if the gateway modem is a wireless device as you dont say, and I dont know.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-two-routers.58722/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey, quick question about routers, i want a NON-wireless router to connect 2 computers to the internet and i was just wonderin if you can plug a phone into them as well to get 2 computers workin and a phone at the same time.

Thanks

Telephones generally use RJ11 connectors and can plug into a modem or walljack etc
Routers use RJ45 connectors and plug into Ethernet cards,switches etc.
If you want to use a spitter before connecting to your modem that will allow you to talk on the phone and surf the web.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routers.12771/
Relevancy 32.25%

Can someone tell me how to access the properties for the router on a hughesnet satellite modem I need to check for open or closed ports
thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/routers.808891/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi, I hope I'm in the right forum.. Anyways, I have a desk top computer (windows xp) and a laptop (windows vista) computer using the same router which is a Net Gear. Can I get my windows 98 computer hooked up to the same router? If I can will this make my connection slower or does that matter on what everyone is doing on the internet at the same time?

Relevancy 32.25%

Hello
My router is weak so I am getting another. I currently have a Comcast gateway which is a modem with a router within. I bridge the router and use my own with their modem. The gateway is necessary for the triple play b/c of the phone.
I now have set up their router's security; WPA2 etc., until I get my new router.

Until I do get my new router would you consider their router secure?
TY
Peter

Hi Peter

Yes if you set to WPA2 and set a alpha numerical passcode of at least 15 chars then you will be fine, many bundled routers these days all conform to security standards of the retail ones, actually many bundled ones are retail varients with a ISP name on them, a fair few in the UK are Netgear ones.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/routers.307818/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am trying to connect 2 computers through a router to the internet in a non-wirless enviroment. Can anyone help??
:giddy:

A:Help with Routers

I would want u to be more specific about the router and about the non wireless enviornment,cause if u have more than one lan ports on the router u can connect two computers and the second should directly go to the internet if one is already is onlline i.e if the router is configured for the internet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-routers.18097/
Relevancy 32.25%

alright all im lookin for is a good router. thats like i ono 4 port. something simple. i dont want anything wireless. something that has a goood firewall to. price range is around 20-30 bucks. alright some links would be nice.

Relevancy 32.25%

Current setup:

Comcast Static IP
Cable modem w/ WLAN router, 1 port, & DHCP
| |
192.168.0.2 192.168.0.3
Vonage phone Computer 1 - wireless
modem w/ 4-port
LAN router & DHCP
| \
192.168.15.2 192.168.15.3
Computer 2 Computer 3

Problem: Internet and phone work but computer 1 can't see other computers.

Goal: Would like all devices on a single LAN, e.g., 192.168.0.x, so they can access shared files and printers.

I understand that bridging or disabling one DHCP server might be options, but am unsure of how to do this correctly and successfully.

Any help?

Thanks!!

A:Want LAN with 2 routers

Whichever one you want to use as a bridge, it should be in the options on the admin setup page of that router.
I believe you should be able to set that one up to receive an IP address from the main router which should be set to deliver addresses via DHCP.
Are all your pc's going to be wireless? Guess not, otherwise you'd just need the one router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-lan-with-2-routers.86605/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey I ve been having major problems the last few days trying to figure this out hoping you all can guide me So here s my setup Verizon FIOS modem with build in wireless router and some LAN ports Linksys WRT G Wireless router Linksys BEFW S Wireless router Until about a week ago I had the Verizon router connected via cross-cabled ethernet to the BEFW S which I had connected via ethernet to desktops This worked fine with no problems However the room that the BEFW S was in was getting the floors redone so HELP! routers??!! 3 everything 3 routers??!! HELP! had to come out of the room This gave me the perfect opportunity to quot enhance quot my network I decided to connect the BEFW S to my WRT G so that I would have a few extra ethernet ports for when my friends come over to play PC games over LAN Well this turned out to be more difficult than I thought It seems that the linksys routers can be connected with either a straight or cross-over cable as both provide me with access to the internet However while I remain connected to the network consistently my internet access drops randomly when other computers are accessing the internet I can t find a steady pattern for when I will have internet access and when I won t We ve had up to people total connected to the linksys routers with no problem at times but sometimes when someone new goes online one or more of the already-connected computers will lose access to the internet Very often releasing and renewing the ip etc works to get the computer back online but not always Here is how I have everything configured now FIOS modem with build in router - gt wired connection to BEFW S BEFW S - gt wired connection to desktops BEFW S - gt wired connection to WRT G EDIT routers are connected via LAN ports not WAN WRT G - gt wired and wireless connection to multiple computers DHCP is disabled in both linksys routers and wireless is disabled on the BEFW S Firmware for the linksys routers was upgraded yesterday although the firmware is still pretty old it is the most up-to-date available Everything else aside from the SSID channel and WEP key on the WRT G is factory default Before you ask the reason I have so many routers is that the FIOS modem router is downstairs on the opposite side of the house from the desktops so we need a router or switch on that side of the house And as I said I am trying to have as many free ethernet ports available for LANing as possible However I do not want to buy new hardware - the routers I listed are what I owned before I started this project Any help would be greatly appreciated because I am stumped all computers connecting are running win xp and I m pretty sure it is not a computer issue because they are all having the problem nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

Soon there will be an additional internet provider operating at a rental property. The 2 modems will be located in a closet along with their respective wireless routers, which will be Asus Black Knights. The routers will be inches apart. Will the routers interfere with each other? Not able to get a definitve answer yet.

Relevancy 32.25%

heres my problem
i have a wireless connection to a xp computer that is my main computer, and i have another computer that is my muck around computer that i want to get onto the internet, now i am currently studding Networking at tafe (uni) so i have tried sharing the internet but it still doesnt work i am going through a switch from computer to computer, they see each other but no net, anyone know of methods that i can do

also i have a wireless modem/router but i aquired a 3com router today and wanting it in my room, how can i set it up to run off a wireless computer, so that my other computers can go through this router and my wireless pc from the wireless router.

A:2 routers

List the make and model of all network equipment you have connected (routers, switches, modems, etc.), and describe how you're network is physically setup. I can't figure it out from your post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers.609052/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello.
I have optic cable interet, and i have cable socket in every room. we have 2 floor house and i have wifi router in both floors. The one downstairs, that is not connected to my pc spreads the wifi signal but is not connected to the internet. i need to change its dns, but i cant find his ip in my web browser (yeah i checked the i.p that is typed on its back, and it wont work.) i just need to change its dns and plug him back in downstairs. any ideas ?

A:two routers

First, to access the (any) router you need to use a device connected to that router. I inferred from your post that you are trying to access the router from a disconnected computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-routers.1162878/
Relevancy 32.25%

i have a linksys wireless router (WRTP54G), which 2 desktops are hard wired.
150 feet away in another building i would like to set up wireless for a laptop. could i connect from a port a line from linksys router run it 150 feet to next building and connect to another wireless router so i can have wireless access in 2nd building? would the 2 routers conflict each other? any help would be appreciated

A:2 routers?

Make sure that you know how to handle any issues with running an ethernet cable between two buildings. That's the only hard part.

JohnWill's procedure for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two SOHO broadband routers together.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers.611378/
Relevancy 32.25%

Ok guys, I live in a house that has three stories and a concrete floor in between each floor. My ISP set me up with a Cisco DPC3825 in the basement corner. Needless to say I do not get reception or very poor throughout the house. I have two other routers, netgear wndr3700 v2 and a netgear wnr2000v3. What I am hoping can happen is that I can somehow set up each router on its own floor and each router would be used to BOOST the signal of the Cisco. I am trying to avoid having to manually switch to the strongest signal with my phone or tablet as I move about the house. Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Thanks very much
john

A:3 routers??

You would need to get access points rather than routers. Also, you would have to run an ethernet cable (CAT5/6) from the basement to the other floors for the access point to hook into. I believe to prevent changing the active connection, they would have to have the same SSID and passkey.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3-routers.1092858/
Relevancy 32.25%

Currently, I have the D-Link 2640B router which has an ADSL modem built into it. I use it for surfing the internet and for VOIP. I have a CISCO VOIP ATA plugged into one of its Ethernet port.

I want to stream HD 720p video to my WDTV Live Media Player which is connected to a HDTV but the D-Link 2640B router doesn't do this well since the download and upload speeds are quite low. Because of this, I was thinking of buying another router that has the 802.11 N standard. Would I be able to use my D-Link 2640B router with a another router for streaming HD 720p videos at the same time? Would I be able to get Windows 7 to connect to both of the routers at the same time?

Thanks.

A:Using 2 Routers

In this case, you'll want to use the 802.11n router as just an access point with the router function turned off and the wireless function on the D-Link turned off. You cannot connect to two wireless access points at the same time, so the new 802.11n will be for wireless connections while the D-Link handles the Internet connection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-2-routers.1097652/
Relevancy 32.25%

hi may sound a silly question but would it be possible to connect 2 routers to one exchange line.
i have a telephone extension to my garage from my house and have a router in house but could do with pc in garage.
any thoughts plse.

Relevancy 32.25%

I'm using a desk-top pc. I want to get a router. What should I get in the way of "wired or wireless". I use a dsl connection. What is the best way to go? What speed or type should I be looking for? Are there any hidden items I should know about Pro or con etc. What is G or N type? Does a wired router need password protection like wireless does?
Bruce

Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all,
I am having trouble with the wireless connection in my house. I have my router in the middle of my house and it reaches most rooms except mine because of thick walls made from concrete i think. I have a wire in my room that i can connect my computer to, but i would like to get some type of router I guess, so I could use wi-fi enabled devices, phone, ipad etc. Is there some kind of secondary router that you can plug a wire from the first router into? If so is it a specific type of router and how would it work plugged into from the first one? Thank you, I would like to have wi-fi in my room lol!

patriotsboy12 said:

I have a wire in my room that i can connect my computer toClick to expand...

If the other end of that wire (CAT5 ?) can plug into a LAN port on the existing router, you could get a second wireless router that also has LAN ports. A LAN port on it would then use the wire you mention to connect to the first (primary) router. Here is a link to an article in the TSG library on how to connect and configure the two routers:

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/Connecting_two_SOHO_broadband_routers_together

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers.1106029/
Relevancy 32.25%

I posted some questions in this forum yesterday and received some very helpful advice I now have a couple more questions that I hope you can Routers with More help help me with If I buy a router I currently run each of my PCs using its own individual Thomson Speedtouch modem do I still need modems at all If so will my existing Speedtouch modems be O K Would I have to connect to the router with a modem from each PC or just have one modem between router and phone connection More help with Routers I read somewhere that I require an Ethernet modem but I am not sure as to whether this is what I already have or whether I need to buy a new one presumably should I get a wireless router I can connect to it with a cable and it doen t mean that I have to have a wireless enabled PC However if I enable each PC for wireless using a internal card or external unit they will then all be recognised by the router and connect to the net even if they are in other locations around my home Is that about correct nbsp

A:More help with Routers

Wow! You're paying for two internet connections??

Anyway..

What you need is an "ADSL Router" aka "ADSL modem router" (such as : http://www.misco.co.uk/applications...?EdpNo=255117&sourceid=2459&CAWELAID=84122271)

the phoneline you connect into your usb speedtouch modem, you will contact into this router. you will get a cd with the router, follow all the steps on the cd (including entering your adsl username and password)

you can then connect network cables from your router into both pcs, or choose to go wireless. you can be wired from one pc, and wireless with the other. both wired or both wireless, its up to you. (usb wireless adapters suhc as: http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=240437)

if you choose to go wireless you need wireless adapters, if you are not savvy with installing components into a pc, you can buy usb wireless adapters.

hope that helped!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/more-help-with-routers.646896/
Relevancy 32.25%

So about Help Two Routers six months ago i moved my computer and xbox into my room I ran a cable from one of my routers numbered ports up to my room where i put it in another routers number port from that router i ran cables to my xbox and computer I have the first router DHCP enabled Two Routers Help set to the second router is DHCP disabled and set to This worked before and i never had any problems with it until today Two Routers Help Inernet just stopped working for my second router The first one still supplies internet to a different computer When i try to goto in a brower to edit my second router it just displays a page about a successful apache web server instalation When i ping from my second computer i get quot - Unable to connect to host quot Please help me fix my problem I tried explaining it as best as i can But if you have any more questions id be more than happy to answer Thanks for the help nbsp

Relevancy 32.25%

We in this household are currently dealing with a tricky situation. I will try to explain it as briefly and as detailed as possible.

Our house consists of 5 computers, one for each resident. My mother and sister are connected to our Linksys router via wireless. My dad has a direct connection to it via ethernet. So do I, via an Ethernet cable that runs from the router, through the ceiling, and down into my room a ways away. I have a second person living in this room with me with a computer, but we don't want to send a second Ethernet cable through the ceiling.

So, is it possible to split my connection from the router with a second router, thus giving both of us easy access to router ports?

Does this make sense?

Relevancy 32.25%

I am looking to put internet in my home. I have Cat 5 cable running throughout. I pulled it to all locations in the house, but it is not hooked up yet.

I am looking to get cable high speed installed. I already have a cable modem from a previous installation in the past.

Is it possible to install a Router and then plumb the internet to the entire house?

The house is 2700 square feet and 60 long with all the bedrooms upstairs. If I was to install the modem and router downstairs would a wifi router reach all the bedrooms upstairs?

When I last looked at WIFI routers the N was bragging about better ranges. Do I need an N router to accomplish this or would a G do?

Except for the price are their any other concerns with the N Router?

Thanks

Relevancy 32.25%

I was thinking since i have 2 wan connection threw adsl and my pc has 2 nic cards is there any program that can send threw these 2 network and increase the bandwith for downloading, for instance it manages spliting the requests to both routers and get max bandwith from both ( im not talking about duel wan routers ) since 2 lines of dsl are quite far but i can get an ethernet cable from the other router to me so any toughts

Thanks in advance

A:2 DSL routers and 1 pc

Need a reply please ! i need a software based program not hardware if available

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-dsl-routers-and-1-pc.635247/
Relevancy 32.25%

I want to network 2 wired desktops with a wireless laptop.
My desktops are wired with a Linksys BEFSR41 router 4 port switch.
My Wireless router is a Belkin F5D7230-4 4 port switch.

I was considering using both routers.... but now I am not sure because my Belkin manual says that if I use the Belkin's "Access Point Mode" to hook up to another router, that it will defeat the NAT IP sharing feature. What exactly does that mean? Would it mean that I can't share internet, files, printers, or what?

I would like to share internet AND files between all 3 computers.
Is it "better" using 1 router or 2 routers as far as ease of setup, speed, etc.

Anything you can tell me about advantages & disadvantages is appreciated.

A:Using 1 or 2 Routers. Can you tell me which is better?

means the one router will be used as gateway or switch only
will not be able to share internet address
the nat is disabled becomes a switch
the linksys will handle nat
this is how you share 1 wan ip with multiple machines

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-1-or-2-routers-can-you-tell-me-which-is-better.41845/
Relevancy 32.25%

i was asked a question by a friend who wanted to run 2 routers together. the routers are exactly the same. the only complication is that it is running on the same phone line.

i can not see any problem with running both but what is your opinion as i am curious as to where this is possible

Hi:Generally the answer is Yes you can have 2 routers.
Question: Why would you ?
Here are perhaps some of the things you would need to consider in a two router config.

Connecting two soho routers in a network

Tutorial from Johnwill from the Networking Forum

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers.925350/
Relevancy 32.25%

This topic seems close to my Two routers problem If anyone with sufficient knowledge can help Two routers I would be grateful My problem is the following Router A is the main VDSL router gateway for TV and Internet It has limited options Wi-Fi disabled Router B is a DD-WRT Device Wi-Fi enabled A and B are connected via a LAN cable Here is the task A One of the computers must be directly connected wired to main router A B Rest of the computers must be connected via wireless to router B dd-wrt in order for me to be able to make certain access restrictions on them C Computer connected to A must be able to access all the other devices on B D All Devices must have internet access Here is what I have tried so far for all settings router A was a DHCP Server with a range of - and internal ip of Subnet mask on all devices was I had router B in DHCP forwarder mode but in this mode the router was unable to enforce the access restrictions for the devices connected to it Even if the router mode was set to gateway all other tasks A C D were achieved I had router B in DHCP Server mode connected through WAN port with DHCP pool from - Internal IP of router B was In this case the devices on B had internet I was able to apply restrictions Devices on B saw Router A but my device on A was unable to see router B or any of the devices on B I had router B in DHCP Server mode again through WAN port but this time with DHCP pool from - to match the ip adresses of A but in a different range Internal IP of router B was In this case the devices on B had NO internet access which is weird Is there any way I can achieve my goal I know the easy way is to put all the devices on B including the other computer but I rather have that computer on router A without having to pass router B Can a certain subnet mask combination make work Moderator note This post moved from this thread http www techspot com community t use-the-same-subnet-mask post- nbsp

A:Two routers

What kind of restrictions? It seems like you got everything worked out, apart from this. We need to know more to help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-routers.199800/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello,

I currently use a Netgear wireless N router wnr834b v2, however I have just been given a D-Link wireless N home router DIR-615 from my cable company.

I mainly use the internet for my xbox and for wireless browsing on my laptop. My question is to which is better?

Thanks!

Relevancy 32.25%

I'm a newbie to wireless, but just got an averatec tablet on a deal i could not pass by so now trying to get it talking to my desktop...

Here's the setup:
We've got one router that my desktop is hooked up to via the ethernet.
A wireless router is hooked up to the same router and my tablet connects to the wireless router.
Both computers are fine accessing internet, however I cannot get them to see each other. I've put them on the same workgroup and File/Printer sharing is turned on on both. I have marked some folders on both computers and shared.

So, looks like i've got one too many routers in the way between the two. Is this the case? Or am I still not getting something?

thanks

Relevancy 32.25%

Is it possible to have 2 routers? I would like a wireless added. I have cable going to 3 rooms, which I like, but now my daughter and I both have laptops. I have a cable modem now going to a hardwired router.

Thanks,
Brian

Relevancy 32.25%

When I had Time Warner Cable Internet installed, the router I have now came with it. I had Verizon before, and a router came with it What if I decided to buy another router? Like something from Netgear or where ever Would I still have to pay a fee to the provider I was using at the time.Would it be the same cost as if I was still using their router?

circusboy01 said:

Would it be the same cost as if I was still using their router?Click to expand...

That question you should be asking your provider.

I know we would have had to pay an extra fee to get a box with Wireless. But since we already had Wireless in-home, there was no need in even thinking about paying an extra monthly fee for it.

However if you return the device to the provider. I don't see how they can continue charging extra, if that is what they are doing. Most providers (I'm assuming here because that has been my experience) consider the modem as a free device, for buying their service. If that is the case, there is no extra fee.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/routers.205952/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a d-link dir-625 and a belkin F6D4230-4 v1. Both PCs are WinXP. I have a main house and a guest house. The guest house is only about 15 yards from the Belkin. I am getting a very low connection in the guest house.

The belkin is wired to the main computer with dsl. I have a d-link in the guest house.

Can I connect the d-link to the belkin wirelessly?

A:2 Routers

Nope. That router doesn't have any wireless bridge capability.

Since the d-link dir-625 has removable antennas, I'd use it as the primary router and add hi-gain antennas.
Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain&#8482; WiFi Range Extending Products.

Some of the more interesting products are this Hawking [HSB2] Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster, which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power.

Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a some examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

For 802.11n applications, this ZyXEL ANT1106 6db omni-directional antenna can be used.

For really long range outdoor applications, this 24dB parabolic WiFi Antenna may be a good choice.

If you have a wireless adapter that doesn't have provisions for an external antenna, one adapter that I've had good luck with is a Rosewill RNX-G1 USB Wireless Adapter. It's feature is that is has a removable antenna and will accommodate replacement antennas.

This is just a sample of available products, many people have hi-gain antennas with similar specifications, but I haven't seen any other suppliers of signal boosters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/2-routers.893432/