Windows Support Forum

D-Link Router Needs Hard Reset

Q: D-Link Router Needs Hard Reset

After working fine (well mostly) for the last couple of years, my network has been crashing for the last week or so. While connected to the internet, minding their own business, suddenly all 3 of my computers will lose internet access. I've tried everything, including following the instructions received on the D-Link help line (model DI-624), and I can get the system back up for a while, but inevitably it will crash again almost immediately. The only thing that has worked so far is doing a a hard reset (is that what it's called?) where you stick a paper clip into the reset hole and hold for 20 or so seconds.

Question 1: Does this mean my router must be replaced?

Question 2: Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients? Would that cause the whole shebang to crash?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I am so frustrated!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: D-Link Router Needs Hard Reset

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: D-Link Router Needs Hard Reset

'Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients?'

Possibly.

The obvious test is to run only 1, and if it happens, keep alternating one out and another in. If all 3 get the router failure 1 at a time, then the router is toast. If single comp causes the fail, then the comp NIC is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router-needs-hard-reset.109730/
Relevancy 72.24%

My hubby set up our wireless router, d-link wbr-1310 but is not able to remember our password. I have read about doing a hard reset but have a feeling I am missing a vital step. Do I need to have the router connected to the laptop somehow in order for me to reset? In order for me to go online with the laptop I will have to plug into the wall, but then my router will not be plugged into the computer any longer... HELP? I must sound like an idiot, but my hubby is in Iraq and not able to be here to help.

A:How do I reset our wireless d-link router

Why do you need to reset the router? Are you having problems?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-reset-our-wireless-d-link-router.923075/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi To begin with I have not had any trouble with my d-link router for years then all of sudden over the weekend something happen and I had to reset my router and I obtained a secure wpa link I have a main desktop computer downstairs which and now of computers my 1 internet for Reset D-Link no Router the modem and router are hooked up to I also have a laptop and PS which connects wireless upstairs Now once I reset the router internet service worked great for these components However the problem came about when I tried internet service on another desktop computer upstairs which also used to worked Reset D-Link Router and now no internet for 1 of my computers fine using a Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter But now I can not get any internet service---local connection and compact wireless-g usb adapter has red quot X s quot next to them saying --they are not connected or unplugged Help I don t know what else to do I m not a computer wiz or anything but I can follow instructions advice Do you have any advice nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I got a new ADSL router from my ISP, it's a D-Link 2640U BRU/C.My problem is that i cannot logon to the its web interface with the default username/password of the router to change its settings and i cannot locate its reset button to reset the username and password to the default, the ISP must've disabled it.I called my ISP and the help desk said that they have changed the default username and password before handing it to me,who knows what else, and that they need a good reason to give me the credentials.I just need them to enable port forwarding on the thing but i don't want to involve them in this.
Is there anyway to do it?

Relevancy 64.5%

i have an On-Q router, model# P/N 364772-01.

I'm trying to re-establish the home network, but I cant get anything to connect to the router. IP config shows no gateway, and I cant ping the router. I dont think I've ever had to do a hard reset on this router, but nothing blinks or flashes to indicate a reset took. This is a wired network, nothing is wi-fi.

Is there anything I can do??? Or is the router a brick now?

Edit: Im googling like mad, but it doesnt help when i have such an obscure router model. Would i be able to access anything if i connected my computer to the WAN port?

Relevancy 64.5%

Greetings on hard reset Accidental router- Help! we recently got a new desktop and Accidental hard reset on router- Help! my nephew configured the wireless DLink router for the desktop and two laptops It was all working fine with our home network connecting with all the computers Then my laptop stopped being connected to the home network I tried rebooting didn t help I read online that I should reset the router- so I pushed on the reset button and reset it Then I learned that was the worst thing I could Accidental hard reset on router- Help! have done-my home network disappeared I think it deleted all the configurations on the router My question now is- can I get it all back Accidental hard reset on router- Help! I am very computer illiterate I do have the CD that came with the router- can I just reinstall it with the CD I see that the home network is still on the computer but it will not show up on the internet access The only way I can connect to the internet is using the DLink internet access but I understand that is not safe So- is there any way to recover all the configurations my nephew put in or must I start from scratch Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Accidental hard reset on router- Help!

ask your nephew if he saved the settings for you, or try searching your computer for a file named something like this

network settings.conf

not sure if DLink save as .conf files but worth a try

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidental-hard-reset-on-router-help.1086000/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a significant problem with my computers not recognizing my d-link router. I screwed something up today and now my router won't work. I have had the router for years working just fine, but today I was trying to connect a new kindle which wouldn't connect to the Wi-Fi and I lost the router after screwing around with configuration.

Basically I've been trying to re-install the router, I changed the SSID but it appears the d-link quick router setup software recognizes the modem as the router and won't re-intall my router thus denying me access. Has anyone ever ran into a situation such as this? Please help...

A:D-Link Software recognizing modem as Router, router not working

Find the reset switch (usually a smal hole and you press a paper clip into it for ~5sec).

That will bring it back to day-1 default settings.

Unless you are attaching to the modem/router using USB, there's no software to be installed
(that's only used for USB) - -
just cable the eithernet cable to a LAN port on the router and then you can configure it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-software-recognizing-modem-as-router-router-not-working.155807/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi friends ...

I hav bsnl broadband connection in my home.... I connected a tplink wired for browsing...

I also have a belkin wireless router..... I connected those routers.... And only wired communication is possible
and i cant access in wireless connection... Pls help me

i m sttuggling....

Relevancy 53.32%

I cant access my router I need to change the passwords on it witch I redid with my internet provider company So no shared internet within the house The thing is no reset button on the router I was away days and later router - reset How the to reset button no today I found out that my brother had changed something with the router previously After that - no access to the router via usual way enter ip in inet client He did talked something that he only changed one thing Something from TCP IP option to Router option Dont know under what catacory or so I see options reset router somehow or contact it another way than regulary and duo to How to reset the router - no reset button the brother changes There is just one button on the router btw on off But that dosnt seem the completely reset it The router itself is a Chronos Broadband Router cant say anything more specific about it No mark or so Only - support NAT for IP sharing and -port Mbs Base-T Fast Ethernet Switch If that problem rings any bells to someone and knows how to reset it or access it please post Help much appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hey,

I tried turning off my firewall today to play some Rise of Nations with my friend. Well, when I tried to access the setup thorugh IE, it wasked for a password - a password I didn't have (installed it a long time ago and have since lost it). Anyway, not a big deal. I called tech support and the girl told me to just reset the router. Easy enough. Except the darn thing won't reset.

I've held the littl epaper clip in there for over a minute. I know it is pressing the button, I can feel it clicking...still, nothing happens. At first I thought maybe the unit didn't give an indication of being reset, but even after holding it down, I still can;t log into the setup. Any ideas? Has anyone had this problem before?

Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 52.03%

My service provider just Router Westell Router/Modem with D-Link gave me the new Westell E router modem but with out informing me that its a router I already have a D-link DI- wirless set up and I am getting the internet connection fine but I m unable to access my computer remotely using PCAnywhere or other apps like I was before using port forwarding I don t understand Lan Wan too much or DHCP or Bridge or Westell Router/Modem with D-Link Router PPoe so if someone can give me a hint I would appreciate it Strangely I had a dynamic ip address before but its not changing everyday now I got to the Westell config area but still haven t been able to set it up right I ll try to give some info here to help u help me D-Link gateway - D-Link Submask - DHCP Server - enabled Westell VC Config - Protocol Bridged VC - Bridge Settings - mode Routed Bridged DHCP - enabled Subnet Mask - Gateway - Westell discovered local devices di- - Westell Private Lan DCHP start address Westell Private Lan DCHP end address Westell Public Lan DCHP Server Enable - not checked Westell Public Lan Ebable - not checked nbsp

A:Westell Router/Modem with D-Link Router

Ok, very inofrmative

Microsoft(R) Windows DOS
(C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1990-2001.

C:\DOCUME~1\ALANCO~1>cd\

C:\>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : ALAN1
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : SiS 900 PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-16-EC-45-9B-6C
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 216.68.4.10

C:\>

My Wan IP is a 72.49.xxx.xxx number so .... ?

It seems like I need to some how make the westell just a bridge(?) so that it doesn't assign ip address and allows the D-link to be the router??

thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/westell-router-modem-with-d-link-router.61853/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm looking for some opinions on Linksys Max Performance Wireless N Dual Band Router (E4200-CA) and D-Link Xtreme Wireless N Router (DIR-825).
These are the 2 I've narrowed it down to, I just don't know which one to get.

I'll be mostly using it for wireless online gaming on 3 pc/laptop simultaneously. but it will all so be use for wifi on about 3 other small devices, wired on 1 pc and 1 xbox.

any help or opinion on either one would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-buy-linksys-router-e4200-ca-or-d-link-router-dir-825.167538/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi. I have a dlink wireless hub. It it possible to reset this hub so I can create a new wireless network with new passwords.
Thanks
Cara

Relevancy 52.03%

Dear sir,
I am trying to setup an IP camera on my WDR 4300 Router. ROuter is just purchased.
The camera says its ready at 192.168.1.100:8080

However when i open the same address in my Computer, the WEBPAGE NOT AVAILABLE is shown up.

Both the camera and COmputer are connected to WDR 4300 via WIFI and firewall is disabled.

I tried using a D link router and the camera stared working right away!

A:IP camera not working on TP link router but working on D link router

Hello bhvm,

Verify that in your TP-Link router, the IP Scope is setup as 192.168.1.X same as in your D-Link router. Also, check the ports configured needed for your IP camera in the TP-Link router. You might want to compare the ports opened from D-Link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/342872-ip-camera-not-working-tp-link-router-but-working-d-link-router.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Help! I reset my d link router because the internet was no longer working on my iPad (computer was fine). That solved the connection issue but now I have no security for my internet connection. I went to the d link site and found my account. If I try to change the name (from d link) I can but then there is no way to set up a new password. When I change the name (from d link) it does put a lock on my internet connection but no password I have will work. Reset again so back on internet with no security....

A:Solved: Need to set wi fi password after d link reset

whats the model ?
you need to log into the router configuration pages and add the password to the wireless

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-to-set-wi-fi-password-after-d-link-reset.1114704/
Relevancy 51.6%

ANY help is greatly appreciated I have or Cannot AirPlus™ D-Link reset DI-614+ connect to a D Link DI- AirPlus amp wireless router I have had no luck trying to configure a Wireless network with my HP pavilion laptop Cannot reset or connect to D-Link DI-614+ AirPlus™ running windows Vista I Have tried to reset the router via the reset button hole and Im not sure its even resetting The router was in perfect working order and used previously for an Xbox s connection to the Internet I dont have a disk or access to any previous settings or passwords Page of wireless router that I have http support dlink com products view asp productid DI- B OS Name Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Version Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dv GA UA ABA System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Hewlett-Packard F B SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Hardware Cannot reset or connect to D-Link DI-614+ AirPlus™ Abstraction Layer Version quot quot Time Zone Canada Central Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory MB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys nbsp

A:Cannot reset or connect to D-Link DI-614+ AirPlus™

First and foremost lets find out if you are performing the reset correctly. You should unplug the router and then press and hold the reset button. While the reset button is depressed plug the router back in and keep the button depressed for about another 15 to 20 seconds. Can you elaborate on how you are trying to set up the wireless network?

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-reset-or-connect-to-d-link-di-614-airplus%C2%99.797374/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi i recently purchased a d-link router so i could have a wireless router Ive got it up and running but having some problems with letting others to connect I know what the problem is i just dont know how to solve it The router is currently connected in port which makes the ip adress messed up and i can only have one other pc connect to the network and that computer has to type in my DNS adress because the router will not accept ip adresses to d-link reset Unable my factory 615 automaticly However this can be sold if i connect the router in the Wan port But when i do this i loose my connection it just get limited connection and to fix this i have to go into the admin panel which i cant connect to Have tried by wireless and with cable with no luck BUT If i reset my router to factory Unable to factory reset my d-link 615 settings this will be solved But the router wont reset ive tried Unable to factory reset my d-link 615 reseting it for secs with power on but it just restarts and the settings are the same have also tried this with power off What am i doing wrong Please help nbsp

A:Unable to factory reset my d-link 615

The router is defective, take it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-factory-reset-my-d-link-615.951420/
Relevancy 50.74%

I haven't used a d-link in a long time and I'm just wondering if I can power cycle a DI-264 without resetting the router to factory default settings. I just pull the power plug for 30 seconds correct?

A:D-link DI-264 Power Cycle without Factory Reset?

Yes, pulling the plug on any router should not erase any of its settings. You would have to use the reset switch to clear the settings or the option within the router menus to restore it to factory defaults.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-di-264-power-cycle-without-factory-reset.744848/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys SCENARIO I wen on a factory reset and it froze at around while resetting It already took - hours on so there came my impatience and overthinking I'm sorry that it was either starting to be a faulty HDD or my BIOS HELP: - PLS to issue recovery PC Reset partition/img link was outdated So I tried to force stop HDD risky I'm sorry again the reset procedure while stucked at and was hoping that I could somehow update my BIOS and resume with the reset But as I opened the unit again it continued with installing the OS which is WIN again I was hoping this would be Win since it was the factory OS So I just let it finish PLS HELP: Reset PC issue - link to recovery partition/img and was hoping that I could revert back to the factory OS I also tried the different instructions from dell and windows on how to reset the unit but still in no luck And I have not made a recovery image disk beforehand The unit is a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with pre-installed UEFI activated I believe Win that has been updated to and Win over the time PROBLEM Reset function not working properly or as expected anymore I think it lost it's link with the original recovery image I have been reading a lot from the related posts from several threads here but still out of luck or I am really that noob Haha I believed I might have also messed up mapping reagentc along the way as I don't remember the previous data anymore I have tried to do as others had their luck but I get lost as their parameters are not the same as mine at least from what I have already read REQUEST Can anyone please help I've been stuck figuring this one out for days already Haha I'm not sure what else details info to include here as well I had installed the PartitionGuru too and running with it's file recovery at the moment to check if there are files folders that were corrupted lost along the way I also already had found the Install swm there are actually three of them there which wasn't the same as the case of other threads that came with wim And also already found my WinRE wim with it's ReAgent xml - though I was worried on those because I have more than one of it and on different partitions I'm not sure how I got those - maybe from the updates Anyway I'm not sure about more details are needed to fix the issue Below are several screenshots I think will be of any use hopefully From an elevated command prompt Ran reagentc info Ran diskpart Disk is the main drive Disk was just a thumb drive with the Windows Media Creation Tool I tried to use it but still no luck It gets me to a message that says something like the partition needed was missing Here is where I found a Winre wim Here is where I found another WinRE wim The location of the three Install swm Not sure if this is of any use at all I just thought I'd upload it too I'd be happy to provide more details that are needed anytime I hope anyone could help please help Thank you in advance PS I'm currently running the partition recovery from PartitionGuru Currently at on searching files and it seems that it's showing some folders that are not on my current partitions This one folder named sources containing a boot wim was also mentioned from other threads that wasn't on my drives partitions while I was researching I was just wondering if that would be of any help You can see it here attached Sorry for the long post

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/74331-pls-help-reset-pc-issue-link-recovery-partition-img.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm trying to rest my D-Link DWL-2100AP to factory settings so that I can put a WEP key on the wireless and gain router control... I followed the D-Link page on resetting the range of models that includes mine to no avail. I held down the button for 10 seconds, and waited a bit. Yet I still can't connect to the router's supposed default IP (192.168.0.50). I also tried a large range of other router IPs that I have previously used on it.

Additionally, all the sites say to wait for the WLAN light to stop blinking. I waited... and waited... and waited... Didn't stop.

Any ideas?

A:D-Link DWL-2100AP won't reset to factory defaults.

It's not a router. Nonetheless, its default IP is 192.168.0.50 and if it won't reset to factory default settings it is defective. My only suggestion is to unplug it for several hours and then try the reset to factory defaults again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-dwl-2100ap-wont-reset-to-factory-defaults.1034808/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm using Administrator account on my PC, when I click on "Create a password reset disk" nothing happens, what's the issue? or again it's Windows 10 thing!!

A:Create password reset disk link not working

Hello KasperKyd,

Just to verify, do you mean that you are using the built-in elevated "Administrator" account, or that your account is an administrator type?

If built-in "Administrator", did you already add a password to it.

If just an administrator type, then you can't create a password reset disk if it's a Microsoft account instead of a local account.

Password Reset Disk - Create on USB Flash Drive in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/24520-create-password-reset-disk-link-not-working.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I recently made some changes to settings on Router Setting D-Link DIR-628 Router on my router and am wondering what effect they may have had or exactly what they do Some backround first I recently purchased a Roku Streaming Media box and am trying to get Router Setting on D-Link DIR-628 Router it connected by my wireless network to a new HD TV The player connected easily to an older TV without any network problems so I know the signal can be reached at the location Other devices in the room connect fine I called Roku support and the tech was as helpful as possible We ended up making some changes to router settings and it appeared to fix it but it isn t connecting again That is another issue I just want to figure out what the settings changes did to my network if anything The router is a D-Link DIR- Firmware NA These were the changes that were made Going to entered pass word and got into router settings Went to advanced-firewall settings-enable SPI SPI was checked and we unchecked it and rebooted router What is SPI and what does it do Secondly we went into Setup-Wireless Settings-Manual Wireless settings We unchecked quot enable auto channel scan quot and changed the wireless channel from Channel to GHZ Channel What effect does changing these settings have Thanks in advance for any information Since the box isn t connecting again I m thinking of reverting back to the original settings Steve Rehmann nbsp

A:Router Setting on D-Link DIR-628 Router

have a read here on SPI - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stateful_firewall and some incomapatabilities with some specific routers

Changing to channel 11 - would be to avoid interference on the wireless signals
Wireless can use channels 1-13 some countries restrict those channes to 1 to 11
channel 1, 6 and 11 are far enough apart not to overlap and cause interference

post back an xirrus screen shot and we can see what channel would be best for your area

how old is the roku ? - it maybe faulty.
do you have other wireless devices in the same location working ok
------------------------------------------------------------------------
{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-setting-on-d-link-dir-628-router.978940/
Relevancy 49.88%

Microsoft appears to have retired the very useful Fixit 9662904 for Windows XP that is described in this Performance Team Blog article: 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2012/02/24/microsoft-fixit-for-printing
The link for the Fix it --
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9662904 -- now goes to a page with a list of links to "Microsoft easy fix solutions."  Unfortunately, the two printing-related tools on that page are *.diagcab files, which only work on Windows 7 or later.
Yes, I know that XP hasn't been supported for over 2 years ... but there are still some die-hards who use it and they do sometimes encounter printer problems that used to be easily dealt with by using the Fix it.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f88a3e10-3b0e-4f92-9f7f-d5cec9684a55/anyone-have-a-working-link-for-fixit-9662904-printer-system-reset?forum=itproxpsp
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an Actiontec (Qwest) PK5000 router that for some reason isn't assigning IP addresses. I can't log into it from a wired computer and ssid isn't showing up for wireless. I press and hold the reset button on the backside and nothing happens. I've held it for up to 5 minutes and nothing. Can someone please tell me how to reset this thing?

A:how to reset my router

Have you tried unplugging it -
Wait 3 minutes -
Then plug it back in- then hit the reset button.

If you have a cable modem as first line access - then it goes to the router - unplug the modem 1st - then the router - wait 3 minutes - hit reset .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-my-router.898467/
Relevancy 47.73%

how do i reset my router so that i can see if that will work for me hooking both of my computers up is there a way to take it back to the factory settings for it?

A:how to reset my router

Many routers have a reset switch behind a small hole on the rear panel. The exact location and how long it needs to be pressed depends on the brand and model number.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-my-router.940142/
Relevancy 47.73%

I lose my wireless internet connection sporadicaly and have to reset my router. I ahve a cable modem and it is not a problem with that. All lights stay active on teh router, just loses connection.
No sign in and user name is required with Comcast. Is router going bad??
I ahve a Lynksys

A:router reset

Unplug the router completley, and leave it like that for a good 2 hours, more if you can wait. I normally unplug it before I go to bed and in the mornining plug it back in. This SHOULD give you a new I.P., if not, call your Internet Provider and ask them if you can get a new I.P. Also, i don't think your router is going bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-reset.530834/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

How do you reset the router(Linksys BEFSR41)? We found the reset button, what is the next step? We need this so our computer will get the internet connected. Please advise! Thanks!

yi

A:reset on the router

With it powered on,use a straightened paperclip
or something similar to press the reset
for 20 seconds and release.
Wait for it to reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-on-the-router.750529/
Relevancy 47.73%

I need to reset my Linksys WRK54G quite often. I get a "limited or no connectivity" message on both my wired desktop & wireless laptop. I unplug & replug my router & then it's fine for a while. The cable modem is a Motorola SBV5120.
I'm on Optonline on Long Island.

A:Need to reset router very often

Connect directly to the modem to test and determine that the problem is really with the router and not with the modem or ISP.

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-reset-router-very-often.966473/
Relevancy 47.73%

If I reset my router will it reset the internet username and password too, or just the ip, router password and username? I have a motorola SBG680 router.

A:Router reset

It will reset everything. But since it's a cable modem it doesn't use a username/password for the internet connection so that doesn't exist to be reset. The modem will stay authorized after a reset and reconnect automatically.

Also, I assume you mean an SBG6580 as SBG680 is not a valid model number,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-reset.1131393/
Relevancy 47.73%

My wife reset the router (dlink dir-615),and we don't have the password. We tried to google the password for admin and found it but we still can't use the Internet . It keeps coming up with a dns settings error. Can someone please help me step by step how to reset my router to configuring my computer. If Any of this is illegal I apologiZe I don't know anything about my computer and neither does my wife. Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

hi
i would like to know how i can reset my lucent ( cell 20a-gx) router ip
as there ae no reset switch on the unit and i have forgot the old ip
kindly help me out in this regard as i m just a normal computer user and not a professional.

A:how to reset router ip

if you are already connected to it, go to start > run > type cmd and press enter. Then type ipconfig and press enter. The default gateway listed should be your router's ip address.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-reset-router-ip.654651/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Linksys WRT54GS wireless router that seemed to reset itself.

Is this possible? Or did someone hack my router to reset it?

It's just my wife and I and I know she didn't do it.

I couldn't remember my dang password and for the heck of it typed 'admin' and holy cow, everything appeared like it was when I first installed it. Really weird.

Thanks.

A:Router reset it's self - Is this possible??

Yes, it is possible for the router to RESET itself. I have seen a few times before in the past.

I would think that if someone took the time to hack into you router, they'd take the time to change the default admin password and lock you out of your own router. I know I would if I did it. Not that I would, but if I put that much effort into, then I might as well take the extra 1 minute to do the rest too.

They can at times reset themselves for no apparent reason. Just make sure you secure it again (default admin change) and make sure you setup wireless security again too.

Thanks!

Shane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-reset-its-self-is-this-possible.715348/
Relevancy 47.73%

Why is it necessary sometimes to reset one's network? Be it at the router, gateway, switch, etc... level...What is inside these things that makes them so unreliable. Why doesn't some company make a router that automatically renews and refreshes its own Internet, application and transport information??

Relevancy 47.73%

I was just wondering, if there is a way that I could possibly retrieve my router account somewhere I tend to forgot it since I'm not having problems with my router since I bought it 3 to 4 years ago. Also, does having its factory settings pressed at the back of the router needs to be installed again? thanks hope for your replies

A:D-Link DIR-300 Router

From the online manual - these are the login default settings, if you changed these and cant remember , then you are not going to be able to access , without doing a factory reset

To access the configuration utility, open a web-browser such as Internet Explorer and enter the IP address of the router (192.168.0.1).
Enter the user name (admin) and your password. Leave the password blank by default.

Also, does having its factory settings pressed at the back of the router needs to be installed again?Click to expand...

You will need to re-configure the router after doing a factory reset, however, it depends if you needed to make any changes 3-4 years ago, you may just need to set up the wireless security, or do nothing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-dir-300-router.948352/
Relevancy 47.73%

I just purchased a D-Link Router, DIR-625. I used to have a linksys and there was one good thing about linksys. I used to be able to get to my router (192.168.1.1) and monitor my wireless netwrok users (Status/DHC Table). I could just click and remove selected users whenever I wanted. With D-Link, I don't seem to have this power. I tried looking for it, but no success. Can anyone please tell me if this is possible in DIR-625 and How.

Thanks
Omid

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router.706050/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey i just bought a Dlink router and i was wondering why it wasn't being detected by my laptop and the drivers are all there and the wifi is turned on the light is on and i inserted the cd and went through set up...but when i connect the wire to my laptop it then detects it so basically it doesn't detect it wireless only when it is directly plugged into my laptop. Someone please help

A:D-Link Router help

So you saying that when you connect your laptop directly into the router via an ethernet cable to a LAN port on the router, the connection is fine but when it is unplugged, your cannot pick up the wireless signal?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-help.629240/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hey i had a question about my router...its D-Link WBR-1310 model and it says it supports 802.11G, but the thing is my wireless car is a 802.11N should it still be able to pick up a signal off of this router? because it doesn't seem to work.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, I just received my Tp-Link wireless router model TL-WR541G this morning and have been trying to set it up all day. I set it up according to the installation guide by connecting to the modem to the WAN port on the router, and connecting my laptop to one of the LAN ports on the router. All the led lights come on as they should but when I try to log in to the router by typing the IP address into the web address bar it just says page cannot be displayed and no log in window comes up. I'm not sure what to do.

My laptop is a dell inspiron 1501 that has a 2 GHz AMD turion processor, 896 MB RAM and is running on Windows XP if that helps at all.

Relevancy 47.73%

I have a d-link 624+ router and the status light has stopped flashing, i have reset it several times and still no change. Can anyone tell me if the router is dead or if I need to upload new firmware. If I do how do I do that if I can't communicate with the rounter? Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I have D-Link router U and I'd like to use QoS on my router to get the highest On QoS Help using Router D-Link priority for internet for gaming surfing or w e Help using QoS On D-Link Router I had some issues configure the parameters so help me please pictures As u see I've enabled the QoS I've enabled here QoS too though I don't know what those options and DSCP means and if I even need it Here I've set its priority This Help using QoS On D-Link Router how it looks after I've done Help using QoS On D-Link Router making the 'QoS' for my pc ports not sure if its good This is the window where I need help insert the right details to give the priority to my PC the ports range are the ports for the game I play GunZ I found out those ports through Port Forward website I just want to know if the QoS is right or how can I make my whole PC with the highest priority and not just ports One more question Will disabling items help harm my internet And putting it in such order is better or give the web client network higher priority And also disabling all those items

A:Help using QoS On D-Link Router

Lol that ridiculous 800 people viewing and no one can actually help :|?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/168766-help-using-qos-d-link-router.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I just updated my firmware for my d-link di-624 wireless router, now I can not get online using it I get the error message unable to find page. I had to take it out and run directly from my dsl modem to get on. Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 47.73%

hi everyone i have a tp link routerTL-WR941ND today i turn on the router and saw that light of port (1,2,3,4) , pow and wan is on the (sys,WLAN) are blinking , now only the power port is plugged but still have tha same problem ,
plz help i cant fix it
thanx all

A:help me in TP-Link router

If its brand new - it maybe faulty - I would try a factory reset see below
if that does not change anything , then i would return under warranty

User manual
http://www.planbweb.com.ar/manuales/Router_TP-Link_TL-WR941N-ND.pdf

1.4.2 The Rear Panel - Page 5
RESET:
There are two ways to reset to the Router's factory defaults:
1) Use the Factory Defaults function on System Tools -> Factory Defaults page in the
Router's Web-based Utility.
2) Use the Factory Default Reset button: Press the Reset button for five seconds and then
wait for the Router to rebootClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-in-tp-link-router.983516/
Relevancy 47.73%

My Wireless internet keeps turning on and off this has been happening ever since I've had my laptop. Well i have a D-Link 524 router, but i am having problems using it. i hooked the D-Link router up to my laptop using a DSL cable only, and thats it. i need to know how to get it working... help is greatly appreciated.

A:D-link Router

First welcome to Techspot forum.
Second have you updated the firmware on the 524?
Third have you udpated the drivers for wireless adapter for your laptop?

Try 2 and 3 and see if that fixes your problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router.81140/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys wondering if you could help me out here, the thing is i just bought a new desktop and i am trying to connect it to my existing network i have set up, but for the life of me i cant remember the password for it, its a WPA personal password, when i type in 192.168.0.1 for the router setup it comes up with username and password, i read on other forums that the username is admin and the password field you leave blank, but when i do the such said, it just flashes back up again, so does anyone know how to find the password or am i snookered

Relevancy 47.73%

Today I bought a new TP-Link Wireless Router in China, (TL-WR845N), and set it up with followed instructions with the router IP setup too with 192.168.1.1.
Before, it was only LAN and now I bought the wireless to use my iPhone with it. Now LAN wont work at all on either of my computers. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Ethernet drivers, rebooted/checked the modem and router, but still couldn't get it to work.
My Windows XP shows connected, but Chrome says unable to connect to the Internet.

I've checked TCP/IP settings, made it automatic, still nothing.

Any tips?
Thanks, Chibichuba

Relevancy 47.73%

I am trying to connect a d-link wbr-2310 router to my computer. My internet connection is sbcglobal dsl. I was able to go trough the set up steps connecting the router and it said the connection was complete. My problem comes when I try to get into the router to set up the security features ip address 192.168.0.1 is the exact same ip as my SBC connection information page. I am unable to get into the router configuration page. I've tried accessing the IP address with my modem off which is useless as then I get a connection error/page can't load. HELP!!

Relevancy 47.73%

I need to know how to set my d link router to shut off at certain times of the day. Any help would be GREAT!!!

A:D-Link router

I don't think any simple router can be set up to shut off and back on at certain times of the day. You may be able to configure some routers to block/allow internet access based on time and day of the week. If you want the router to turn on and off at certain times, you may need to plug it into an AC power timer that can work with low power transformer loads. Some solid state timers may only be rated for incandescent lamp loads.

Might help if you told us the model number and version number of the D-Link router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router.1103406/
Relevancy 47.73%

I lost my Wi-Fi.Went through another installation process,and then got an error message " router must be reset to default username and pass word.How do I re-set to factory settings?
Thank You

A:Re: D-Link 615 Router

Use this search string
dlink 615 router support site:dlink.com
Results [ hits ] will include emulator pages.

Manual at http://www.dlink.com/us/en/support/...R 615/manual/DIR_615_Manual_RevE_v5_20_US.pdf

Disconnect power from the modem & router. Turn off your PC.
On the back of the router is a depression < 3mm diameter. Insert a blunt, narrow object such as a paperclip tip or optical drive tray release device. Hold down for 30 seconds, by the clock.

Release
Wait 30 sec to 5 min; depends upon your ISP tech support.
Re-connect power to / Turn on the ISP modem. When all the LEDs are solid green, except for stand by & PC Activity,
Connect power to the DIR 615
When the green LAN LED is solid, green, turn on your computer.

You are welcome.

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-d-link-615-router.1090869/
Relevancy 47.73%

AAArrrrgggg I had PLEASE!! (DI-604) D-Link router HELP a D-link DI- router for about a year One day we were on the secondary computer and it locked up When we restarted the machine the router stopped working I unplugged the router and went D-Link (DI-604) router HELP PLEASE!! straight thrU my DSL Broadband modem and I could get to the Internet that way I tried resetting the router I started from scratch and unplugged every thing and started over and NOTHING I lowered my MTU to and then and about other numbers and nothing I went to D-link tech support and followed there instructions on resetting the DSL and router and NOTHING SSSSSOOOOO I bought a new one and guess what NOTHING I think I wasted my money All the proper lights are on and blinking I can get into the D-link software by going thru explorer and typing in the IP address but I just can t get it to connect to the Internet I m on a PC with OS ME SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I need to be able to communicate from my PC on the LAN (10.16.xx.xx) to a PLC / HMI is a furnace which have a 192.168.xx.xx type address and communicate with each other via a switch.

I was hoping to use static routing on a router (TP Link TL-R402M) to allow me to connect with the PLC. I have tried a few options but I am unable to ping. Please see attached for a layout and an example routing.

Do I need more than one routing defined ?

Any help would be appreciated.

-pm

A:TP Link Router Help

If the router portion of the TL-R402M has its LAN Address (Gateway Address) set as 10.16.0.13 with a sub-net mask of 255.255.255.0, it will only handle communications for devices on its LAN ports having addresses in the range of 10.16.0.1 ~ 10.16.0.255. If you plan on using a switch, and not a second router, for connecting the PLC, HMI and Barcode units to the TL-R402M, they will need unique IP addresses in that range and the PC will also need a unique IP address in that range. The 10.16.5.12 IP address for the PC will not work.

EDIT: Did some thinking over lunch. Are you connecting the PC to the WAN port of the TL-R402M and switch for the PLC, HMI and Barcode units to a LAN port of the TL-R402M? If so, please list separately the IP configuration data for both LAN and WAN portions of the TL-R402M

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tp-link-router-help.1100962/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi i got the D-link from virgin last monday anyway i needed to open ports for my FTP server 615 help router D-link DIR i run and i mannaged to do it because i had to open the DMZ and it all worked afterwards however the problem started today after i reformatted my computer got everything running i re installed my FTP stuff to get the server back online but now the server won t connect though the URL or client i have reset the router back to Factory to start again still doesent work i have closed the ports and tried to open them still doesent work i have evan opend the program to allow on my firewall still doesent work i D-link DIR 615 router help evan tried to open port with U torrent still doesent work now i can t do it and it is stressing me out i had all this working last tuesday so i don t understand what has changed since reformatting my computer today i hope someone out there can help me please nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

To make a long story short, I changed my network's name thinking it wouldn't do any harm, but when I did that I lost connection, and when I tried logging back to the new name with my old network password, it wouldn't let me, or it said Limited Connectivity. So now I'm trying to reset my router, and I have all the right instructions from this page but I can't get past the 2nd step which says go to 192.168.1.1, because my browser says I'm not connected to the internet.

Please help or reply ASAP, thank you.

A:Trying to reset my router but can't access 192.168.1.1

1st try a sys restore

192.168.1.1 should bring up the router sign in page

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/269269-trying-reset-my-router-but-cant-access-192-168-1-1-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My friend ha a linksys Wireless Broadband router (WRT54G) It is password protected and my friend did not write it down. How can I over-ride or reset the password on this router? She wants to do this because it is preventing her Nook from accessing the internet.
Thanks,
clawmeister

A:reset linksys router

Try the reset button. Hold it for 30-60 seconds.

I would highly recommend that DD-WRT firmware.

(That's a classic router, with a lot of free memory. I have a Linux OS installed to mine. )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-linksys-router.1034952/
Relevancy 47.3%

the router reset button changes your ip but does leaving your router off for 30 sec do the same

A:router reset button

Your IP address is assigned to you by your ISP dynamically (unless you have a static address, in which case that information will be stored in your router). Dynamic addresses are not stored in your router. It is quite possible that even though you have a dynamic IP that you appear to have a static one. It just depends on how your ISP allocates its IPs.

The router reset button is usually used when your router gets itself into a state that even a power cycle cannot recover from. It resets all of the router settings to the default factory state. You will need to re-enter all information that was previously stored in order to be able to access the Internet. Check with your ISP for the settings to use, and the router manual for details on how to enter it. Most routers allow you to store all settings and save the data to a file which you can place on a USB stick or other storage and from which you can quickly restore if you need to. I strongly recommend that you create such a file, if you haven't already done so. Again, see the router manual for details.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/108463-router-reset-button.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok here's a strange one for you.

At my mother-in-laws to be, she has a PC and her work laptop.

Her PC connects wirelessly no problems, my laptop will connect wired or wirelessly no problems.

Her work laptop (Dell Inspiron 2600) if you connect it either via the wired card (3com 3c905b) or the wireless card (Linksys WPC55AG) when it tries to pick up an IP address it causes the router to reset itself.

Dont think it can be the router as the other machines work fine, but for some reason the Dell laptop has some serious issues.

Have re-installed all drivers and no joy at all.

Any ideas?

A:DHCP Causes router reset

Just an update, if I connect it wirelessly or wired and set a static IP it works no problems.

most bizarre

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dhcp-causes-router-reset.755999/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey there Getting nervous because some strange things are happening I have been getting random disconnects from the internet It will connect again if I pull the power from the router and then plug back in On two of our pcs a random pdf popped up that nobody would have opened before Then tonight internet was running fine until I tried random pdf ups, router pop reset to browse on my pc the one with pdf pop up random pdf pop ups, router reset Disconnect happened again Tried the usual trick but wouldn random pdf pop ups, router reset t reconnect Windows wasn t even seeing it as a active wireless I went to router web page and I couldn t log in with my password I then tried the default password and it worked Went through the settings and the router had no security Looked like it was reset to factory defaults no one other then me would know how to do this I went through the whole process new password to enter new password to connect new SSID name etc It was then that I realized the PCs were finding the network just the unsecured one When the pdf should up on the pcs I ran MBAM quick scan on one and GMER and ESET on the other and the results were clean I am terrified that someone has access to our computers I won t even let family get on internet boy they are not happy I have disabled internet on all but one pc which I am hard-wired I don t know if that is any safer Please advise and TIA

A:random pdf pop ups, router reset

Hello, the best way to be certain is to repost this with the logs below.Please go here....Preparation Guide ,do steps 6-9.Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9 which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.If GMER won't run (it may not on a 64 bit system) skip it and move on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/465515/random-pdf-pop-ups-router-reset/
Relevancy 47.3%

often when i "Switch User" in XP and log back in later, the internet stops working. So then i have to reset my router using the on/off button - and the internet will suddenly work again.

This setup has worked fine for a few years, but only recently ive been getting this problem. Any ideas why this might be happening?

My router is an Origo ASR-8400 (non-wireless)

A:Keep having to reset router for internet

Try a new router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keep-having-to-reset-router-for-internet.102616/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello
I have a Linksys WRT54G and I have a problem. I like to plug out my main power cabel from the power outlet when I go to bed and when I turn it back on in the morning and switch my computer on I need to reset my router so it can work (otherwise the internet icon has a yellow exclamation mark)
(also my router is connected to my computer via cabel)
I don't think that is normal. Why does the router stop working after losing power?
(it doesn't lose its settings but I need to reset it to fix it)
How can I fix this?
Thanks.

A:Router needs reset after power is off.

Quote: Originally Posted by headbuster

Hello
I have a Linksys WRT54G and I have a problem. I like to plug out my main power cabel from the power outlet when I go to bed and when I turn it back on in the morning and switch my computer on I need to reset my router so it can work (otherwise the internet icon has a yellow exclamation mark)
(also my router is connected to my computer via cabel)
I don't think that is normal. Why does the router stop working after losing power?
(it doesn't lose its settings but I need to reset it to fix it)
How can I fix this?
Thanks.

No Headbuster it is not normal, Most of the routers that I deal with do keep their settings when the power is removed and restored.

What might be happening is that the router has not completed it's startup routines and connecting to your ISP before your computer keeps asking for an IP.

I recommend that you plug in the router a few minutes before you turn your computer on and see if then your pc picks up an ip properly.

What you might be experiencing is hurrying the router when it is not ready.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/172804-router-needs-reset-after-power-off.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I got a wireless USB port for my computer today, and for some reason i thought it wanted me to press the listtle reset button on my d-link wireless N router. Now it's lost all it's settings and I can't connect to the internet with it. I also lost the CD that would re-install the router because my family moved away, and I stayed back to go to college. Is there any way I could fix this badboy, without having to buy a new one?

A:Wireless Router Reset Help

Okay so some parts of the cities internet is down.. not sure how I'm still connected through someone elses connection, but it's working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-router-reset-help.742591/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

After being discon a few times I reset my router through anger and now I'm struggling to
connect to the internet.

My wi-fi is not being noticed by my mac.

I was told to go to 194.168.1.254 and set it up again. However, I have
no Internet.

So, I'm trying to do it via Ethernet. However, I struggled to get on the net this way and couldn't type in that ip address for
my speedtouch router ST585 v6

So, I had to do it manually and so my settings are..

Ip address: 192.168.1.10
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
router: 192.168.1.254
dns: 192.168.1.254

using these settings I am still unable to connect. I can't ping the address because I get the error that
my host is down or can't find a route.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

I am using XP SP 3 and have happily used a Netgear router DG834v3 for a couple of years. Been seduced to change ISP to TalkTalk. The router now will not connect. Just spent a fortune with the geeksquad saying they do not support that router and garbled instuctions ending with "phone Netgear". Should I just throw it out the window or is there a sane way of sorting my problem?

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi there,
I am wondering if anyone can help, i recently locked the router with a password and do not remember it. If i use the manual reset button on the router will that reset it for me? Will it also change all of the settings that were previously done?

HELP PLEASE???????

Relevancy 47.3%

A couple days ago I figured out the neighbors were jacking my wireless so I put a password on it.
Ever since then, one of my laptops will not connect every morning and I have to go and turn the power off and then on on the router and modem. Other people in my house don't have this problem so it is with my laptop, which is the only one with vista. I try to reset, reboot, etc on this vista laptop, but it will not get internet access until I reset the router and modem. What kind of software glitch might make this happen? This seems to happen every 24 hours.

Much thanks

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a desktop system running Windows Vista that is wired to a dlink wireless router WBR The DSL modem is connected to the router and the network has been running just fine for my wireless must reset be router often dlink too laptop ipod touch and wireless blueray DVD player When I upgraded the modem to Actiontec M in advance of a DSL speed upgrade the problems began After lengthy tech support calls to Qwest and Dlink and dlink router must be reset too often updating the firmware of the router I dlink router must be reset too often am connected to dlink router must be reset too often the Internet at fairly consistent speeds on the desktop However the network signal is very inconsistent for the wireless devices Sometimes they can t find the network at all until I reset the router it doesn t seem to matter whether I use the reset button unplug and replug or go to the admin Settings page and save the settings again Sometimes they find the network but can t connect to the internet until a reset Sometimes they connect and everything works better than ever For a while - then it goes funky again The most noticeable problem is with the laptop but I suspect that is just because it has more ways to monitor what is happening with the signal I am at a loss as to what to try Should I get rid of all of the network settings and start over I m not quite sure how to do that Any suggestions will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have Earthlink DSL My router is model no Linksys WRT54G2 V1.2. It works fine during the day. But every morning I have to take the plug out and wait a minute and plug it back in to get it to work.

How do I fix this? I'm in my bedroom and I have to come outside to my living-room to do this and its a real pain.

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Cisco Valet, model # M10. It does not put out a wireless signal and will not allow me to reset it. I have turned it off several times for periods of 30 seconds to 15 minutes. When I plug in directly to the modem I receive internet but have no clue how to get this router working again. I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows Vista.

A:Cannot access/reset router

Hi valleygirl123, and welcome to TSG.

Before resetting the router, have you tried logging into it through a wired connection? Has the wireless ever worked on it?
Is there a small, recessed button next to the router's power jack? while the router is powered up, pushing that button for about 10 seconds using a small blunt object, like a straightened out paperclip, will reset the router to factory default settings. CAUTION: THIS WILL WIPE OUT ALL SETTINGS, USER NAMES, AND PASSWORDS CHANGED BY THE USER AND WILL NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL HAVE A WORKING WIRED OR WIRELESS CONNECTION TO THE MODEM OR THE INTERNET.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-reset-router.1092267/
Relevancy 47.3%

For reasons that are slowly pushing me over the edge of insanity I have to reset this dumb router I press the stupid little button on the back of it the lights Cannot reset Dlink 615 router go out one amber one comes on etc etc but when I go to everything is still the same Like the passwords are still there and nothing has changed I thought Cannot reset Dlink 615 router resetting it was supposed to wipe all that stuff out so you could start from scratch Also pulled the power cord in and out a zillion times but no way it will reset As an aside I am having no end of problems Cannot reset Dlink 615 router getting my iPads and iPhones to connect to the wireless network The quot Network Discovery quot button will not stay checked and though I have done all the Googling and been into Services to start things running no way it is going to work But I digress how do I get this fool of a router to reset properly Thanks all nbsp

A:Cannot reset Dlink 615 router

Generally, for a full reset, you need to hold the button for a good minute at least.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-reset-dlink-615-router.1062914/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have windows xp on both my desktop and laptop Last night I reset my Dlink wbr router because I could not remember the password for router work! it now reset and won't my I someone to I reset my router and now it won't work! be able to use my wireless network Ever since then I have not been able to use my router I am on my desktop now plugged directly into the modem not using the router which I also need for my laptop I think part of the problem is that my internet IP address and my router ip address are different I went into the setup for the router which I can sometimes get to and sometimes cannot and tried to change it but am still having issues When everything is plugged up hooked up correctly most of the lights on the router are still blinking which from what I can tell from the manual means that it is still transmitting It did this all night last night and still no connection Please help nbsp

A:I reset my router and now it won't work!

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on. The following procedure should get you a connection with any broadband modem that is configured to use DHCP for the router connection, such as cable modems, and many DSL modems. If you require PPPoE configuration for the DSL modem, that will have to be configured to match the ISP requirements.
Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, let's see this.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-reset-my-router-and-now-it-wont-work.795935/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I got a TP-link Tl-WDR4900 (N900) Router that actually seems to work fine but I got a yellow triangle in control panel / devise manager see pic below, tried to update driver but it seems tp-link have stopped support for this model ??? I not had long and was ?80 quid ish, I did get email support but was rubbish advise nearly destroyed my installation of windows manage to get back to square one but still got the triangle ???

reason for wanting triangle to be fixed one it should be, two think this is why I am having trouble with an external drive im trying to format in fat 32 ...... any help advice welcome

A:TP-Link Router issues

Hello web I see you have been waiting for a while and yes I see what you mean by lack of support. I have a TP-Link modem router of a fair vintage now and I got really good support back then.
But if yours is fairly new then I would just contact them direct again - I had to when setting mine up and they were quite helpful.

Now you didn't say if the device came with any software?? The other option and I know you have just spent a bit of money on this thing is to get a modem / router the TP-Link TD-W8950N Wireless N 150 ADSL2+ out here is only $33 and this - TP-Link TD-W8970 300Mbps Wireless N Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router is $79 plus there is stuff in between then you have the whole show in one spot. Me I like cabled stuff and this one does both wifi and Ethernet cable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/362207-tp-link-router-issues.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have DIR 655 router. On the side there is a small button that when pressed it blinks. I cant find anywhere in the manual that explains the purpose. Does anyone know what it is for?

Thanks.

A:D-Link router question.

If you're talking about the button on the right side that has two arrows in a circle, that's the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button. You're right, the manual never mentions it. I have a DIR-601, which also has the button and no mention in the manual. I've never used this function, but I think it is the hardware equivalent to pressing the Wi-Fi Protected Setup button in the web-based configuration utility.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/157430-d-link-router-question.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Need some help on this problem I have a four machine home network sharing an cable connection through a hub Everything works perfectly I just purchased a D-Link DI- P seven port router The router is setup fine but two of my machines can not see the router the other two work OK I ve tried pinging the router changing the ports on the router rebooting the router resetting the router gone through the Machines of See Can D-Link 2 4 Only Router network configurations on the machines tried setting a static IP all with no success None of these machines are running a firewall The only change to my network is replacing a hub with a router that s it However if I reconnect these two machines to my hub D-Link Router Can Only See 2 of 4 Machines and then connect the hub to the router everything works I called D-Link support and they tried to get things going but were unable to The guy told me that he has never heard of this before I find D-Link Router Can Only See 2 of 4 Machines it D-Link Router Can Only See 2 of 4 Machines hard to believe that I m the only person that has had this problem I can t figure it out Any ideas All help appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a D-link 604 router that I found at my old house. It used to work but now I have moved it to a new place and even though it is on the same computer it isnt allowing me to access the internet. I looked at the manual and tried to go through the setup process but the access was denied possibly due to a password created by one of my family members and is long gone. I figured it should still work because I didn't change computers. However the one thing I did different was try to do a secondary connection to a different computer than before. But should it not still work on the initial pc I set it up on? Any help will be appreciated.

A:D-Link 604 router not working

What type of internet connection do you have?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-604-router-not-working.380852/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a D-Link Dir-628 router rangebooster N Dual Band. i have wanted to set up the xbox Live but have lost the code for wep/wpa settings and the Dog had chewed the disk breaking a piece off now making disk useless......I was told i can reset the Router but my question is this......Do i need the disc to reset the router to the changes that i want or can i just reset and redo the encryption options to reset the security

A:Resetting D-link Router

if it a button on the router itself, it will restore the router to factory default. Once this is done you can simply change all of the passwords/SSID etc back to whatever you want.

Just press and hold the button with the power on for 15 sec or so.

You can probably then access your router at 192.168.1.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resetting-d-link-router.888320/
Relevancy 47.3%

I despertly need help with my nat type problem on my ps I have an Embarq series DSL modem and a DLINK DIR router I have spent days online reading post on how to get to nat type but nothing seems to work I contated my ISP and they were able to help me get my modemto nat if I plug my ethernet cable directly into my ps but that is a hassle considering i have other devices on my network If i try to connect through my router i instantly get NAT type I have done everything i could think of on my router settings I have enabed UPnP set dmz for my PS port foward ports that i got off D ps3 router problem Nat 3 Link of portforward com I set my Nat 3 problem ps3 D Link router ps static ip address to I think i set my MAC ID for my PS to forward ports just to my ps I just don t know what else to do Mabye I missed something or am not doing something correctly Any and all help would be greatly appreicated Please resopnd i am desprate nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nat-3-problem-ps3-d-link-router.954100/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys, I can't seem to portforward on the new D-Link routers? I got my router this year, so it's one of the new black ones that stand up? It has all of the wifi info on the side of the router. Anyway, I'm trying to portforward, followed a couple of guides but when I go on 'canyouseeme' it says it's not open?
Is there any video tutorials for portforwarding with this router because I'm fed up now.
Thanks 7F.,
Ryan.

A:Portforwarding with the Sky D-Link router?

This may sound dumb...but have you been to:- Port Forwarding Guides Listed by Manufacturer and Model - PortForward.com They are good for sorting out this problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/163680-portforwarding-sky-d-link-router.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been using a d-link router for some time now and since yesterday it has stopped working I have an orange world light on all the time After looking around this site I have tried resetting etc and nothing works If I plug the ethernet cable into the modem I can get on the internet if I plug the cable into the router router @ d-link GRRRR then nothing These are the details I got GRRRR @ d-link router from the config all when I plugged the ethernet into the router Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Sandy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name acer-pc Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL x Family Fast Eth ernet NIC Physical Address - - - C- -B Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings Sandy gt Can someone please help nbsp

A:GRRRR @ d-link router

Looks like the D-Link has died. Hopefully, I am wrong.

Try this from JohnWill. Doesn't look like a stack issue, but won't hurt.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2/SP3.

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands, each followed by the Enter key:

Note: Type only the text in bold for the following commands.

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults, type: netsh int ip reset reset.log
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults, type: netsh winsock reset catalog
Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/grrrr-d-link-router.1026402/
Relevancy 47.3%

am using a D-link DIR 300 wi-fi router connected to my router Beetel 110..m having airtel Broadband

sometimes i am having issues with the connection....my browser stops workig in the middle...
i am using u-torrent...download speed aint tht gud..it used to be though!!!!
and also am not able to open the ports in the settings menu....i have added the ports in the advanced settings..but when i look for them on the net ... it says port is still closed....

can anybody help me out!!!

A:problem with d-link wi-fi router

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

We are aware that there are legal applications for file sharing but we have chosen to take this postion as we cannot determine when the assistance requested is for illegal or legal purposes and the illegal far outweigh the legal in this medium.Click to expand...

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-d-link-wi-fi-router.774942/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a D-Link DI-624 Wireless Router and Bell Sympatico High Speed DSL, I have my desktop, and wirelessly my mom's laptop and sometimes my Xbox 360 connected to it. Every so-often it just freezes on me (all lights are solid green) and the only way to get it going again is to unplug it for a few seconds and plug it back in. It freezes almost every time I reboot the router maually as well. Any ideas as to what might be causing this or what i can do to fix it?

Thank you.

A:D-Link Router Freezing

Check the firmware on the router, it may be in need of an upgrade.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-freezing.508622/
Relevancy 47.3%

All right, this is the first forum I've come to to ask about some things I'm finding trouble with from my DI-604.

I just recently got my D-Link device so I could be playing xbox live as my sister was on the computer talking to her friends. Now unfortunately, I have all hooked up and ready to go but alas, I do as the instruction booklet says and I:

1. "Start" --> "Run" --> "cmd" --> "ipconfig/release"

Boom, as soon as I hit enter after I typed in "ipconfig/release", the computer says:

"The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation."

I'm stumped. I've tried all I can think of and even got my dad to come down and try hooking it up. No use. Can anyone help me?

A:DI-604 Trouble (D-Link Router.)

You have a static IP address on the computer, if you have XP goto network connections and right click local area connection and selcel properties.

Hight internet protocol TCP/IP and select properties. Set this to obtain IP address automaticly and DNS automaticly.

Now you will be able to pull an IP addess from the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/di-604-trouble-d-link-router.368787/
Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to set up the software for my router. I go to the web page indicated ie http://192.168.0.1 and put in my disk for set up wizard but when it gets to choose time zone (I am UK) only one button shows!! ie back - whereas, "next" is also supposed to be an option!! Any idea's what I can do guys as I am lost! and my son is desperate to get his computer on the net!! (I have tried the D-Link site but cannot find anything on my problem)

A:Router set up problems D-Link DI-614+

I'd reset the router to factory defaults, and just set it up using the configuration screens. There's no need for the setup CD for any configuration of that router, I have one here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-set-up-problems-d-link-di-614.303647/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hmm... Im using a d- link router and i have the same problem

A:Can't connect to D-Link router

Even though it appears you're having the same problem, please start a new thread when you have a new issue. It's very difficult to keep two problems straight and who's working on what in a single thread.

I've created a new thread for your issue here.

Note: You will need to post complete details of your configuration and your specific issue in this new thread for us to help you.

Thanks for your cooperation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-d-link-router.619883/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi good day I just want to know if there s any issues about D-Link router s router NAT through D-Link problem especially DI- router and WBR- router because when I use my Xbox to my DI- router it works fine after I open the ports to it I tried to connect my other computer to join and use the Xbox but it won t work and gives an error through the NAT connection problem I haven t NAT problem through D-Link router get the exact error but I will try to get ASAP and I am not sure if it s on the router because as far as I know the NAT on my DI- router cannot be disable or can be chage It also applies on my friends WBR- router Can you give me an idea what to do and please give me an answers about NAT connection problems on different gaming devices such as XBox PS PS and PSP about NAT problem Thank you so much Hope you can help me and add my knowledge about it Again Tnx nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I just bought this router and I'm having some trouble connecting to it wirelessly. I have it hooked up to my desktop through cables and want to connect to it wirelessly with my laptop. It's working on the desktop, but I can't connect wirelessly. All the lights are on except for the "Status" light. I know this has to be on so it must be the problem. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:D-Link DI-524 Airplus router

http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DI-524#

the status light should be blinking when working correctly - however, you say it works on the desktop via a cable.

you should have a ssid of default being broadcast
try this program which identifies wireless signals
it should tell you if you laptop wireless is working

Free software to check signal strength of wireless is netstumbler 0.4.0 available for download from http://www.stumbler.net/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-di-524-airplus-router.280643/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Dear friends...

How are you?

I have experienced certain problems with that router, DI-524 150MB D-link router... It works just fine with windows seven except for the fact that it requires me to switch it off at every 6 or 10 hours (as suggested by win 7's troubleshooter)

Unplug your router for 10 seconds and bla bla bla...

It works after that, the problem it that I have to do it again and again, over and over!

Could you help me to find out what is going on?

Many thanks

Offroad

A:Wireless DI-524 D-link router

Thats an old one isn't it, I don't see it listed on the D-Link forums? Do you have the latest firmware? Do you have any cordless phones in the same 2.4 GHz band? I did and they messed up my DIR-615. Double check your settings, I might even reset it to defaults and set it all up again. A common suggestion on the D-Link forums for problems like that is to disable "DNS Relay" and "Advanced DNS". You'll have to reboot your PC(s) if you disable DNS relay.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/83476-wireless-di-524-d-link-router.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I'm trying to set up my router. I have it reset. Start with the modem and and plugging in the first ethernet cable in, then from there take that cable into the WAN of the router. I try to connect wirelessly with my desktop and an unable to maintain a connection. I've run the Setup Wizard and put the thing to Dynamic. I've tried static IP addresses, but I'm unsure of the problem. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

I'm looking at two different wireless routers -

1. D-Link Wireless N Router (DIR-615) http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=4df12f3c44f614327f90a4b165fdf168en02

2. D-Link DIR-601 Wireless N 150 Router http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=5b70fbfc7b49a75996cde71fc6d0a7e2en02

Can somebody please tell me which one would be the best one and why? I don't want something that will be constantly dropping the wifi connection.

Thanks.

A:D-Link Router Comparison

I know nothing about the 2nd one, but note that the one antenna and "150" in the name means the maximum nominal speed is 150 Mbps (sorta "half N").

Many people on this forum have reported good results with the DIR-615. I like it, find the wireless performance to be good, but have had bad luck. (First one completely died after 3 weeks; current one has a WAN problem so I am using it as an ethernet switch and wireless access point and letting another router--with its wireless disabled--do the router stuff.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-comparison.960740/
Relevancy 47.3%

My girlfriend s Laptop has bit of a strange problem now im normally ace with tech stuff like this but for some reason her dad spent Laptop. and D-Link Router a whole D-Link Router and Laptop. day trying to get her laptop to work with the D-Link Router but had NO luck so he bought a D-link USB Network adapter She was then able to connect and use the net but me being a plank D-Link Router and Laptop. BROKE the USB adapter accidently Using FN an F key i switch the wireless on which they had no idea thats how you turned wireless on but no matter what we do the laptop wont connect It says the router is not responding Now before i go D-Link Router and Laptop. off and buy her a new router is there anything i can do to solve this problem Iv tried restarting updating all firmware updates but still nothing password is correct we reset it about times and all settings are fine within the laptop and router We even turned IPV off which i know has some issues Help is a thanks in advan nbsp

A:D-Link Router and Laptop.

What's the exact make and model of the modem and router?
What is the version and patch level of Windows on the machine?
Does it work with a wired connection?
Let's see this with a wired connection to the laptop.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/d-link-router-and-laptop.829951/
Relevancy 47.3%

So my problem is that my Pc cant find my router but can find others in the same area I have had this problem ones before but its some time ago and i dont remember what to do My router is a D-Link dir- and im using a Linksys Wireless-G Cant D-link connect to router. PCI Adapter Evrything worked fine untill the internett suddenly went down and i had problems with connecting from diffrent devices in the house so in the end i held in the little button on it that says restar as far as i know it should get back to quot Factory settings quot if i do that After i reset it and went trough the quick install disc Cant connect to D-link router. that followed adding a name to it and a password as i have done before But after this i still dident manage to connect to the router with my PC but laptops iphones and PS can still connect to it so im sure its somthing with my PC or adapter but i have no idea to fix it I dont rly know what i should post so i just post what i got from the TSG SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI G M-P MS- Antivirus None nbsp

A:Cant connect to D-link router.

Does your system recognize the wireless adapter in the "Device Manager"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-d-link-router.1059306/