Windows Support Forum

Unable to hard reset

Q: Unable to hard reset

My -month-old laptop was running poorly so I backed up my data to an external drive and used the Settings menu to reset the computer to its original state including deleting all data files nbsp The reset hung up at for many minutes without change so I tried a hard reset per the instructions on hard to reset Unable the HP Support website nbsp I removed the battery held down the Power button for seconds to discharge the capacitors reinstalled the battery and hit the Power button nbsp I get a blinking cursor in the upper left hand corner for a few seconds then the HP logo appears for a few seconds then the screen goes dark nbsp This repeats endlessly nbsp No startup menu ever appears Ctrl-Alt-Del has no effect and repeating the hard reset instructions has no effect nbsp The startup seems to get caught in a never-ending loop nbsp I just want to reset the laptop to its original configuration Any suggestions nbsp nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unable to hard reset

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 61.92%

I encountered The error code xc a upon startup I then contacted microsoft as I realize this is a windows problem but even with their help I was unable to restore the computer to an earlier version of windows so they said the only solution would be to do a hard reset do computer Unable to throug... but a to backup Need reset hard nbsp I can do the reset Need to do a hard reset but Unable to backup computer throug... but first I need to backup some important documents that I hadn't yet copied nto the cloud So i went onto the system recovery manager that is available upon pressing esc on startup and tried to backup the files nbsp It started off well and managed to compile a list of files to backup but afterwards upon finalizing the file backup it fails before even reaching stating the error code FFFFFF C as the problem nbsp Is there any way to resolve this or do I just have to say goodbye to the files and do the factory reset nbsp cheers nbsp JP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Need-to-do-a-hard-reset-but-Unable-to-backup-computer/td-p/5686341
Relevancy 56.33%

My phone was slow so
i am reset my nokia lumia 710 model after i reset installed whatsapp but it is unable to login why??
i m entered the mobile number but Verification is shows
[ Can't register with this phone number .You can only register with the phone number that was last used with WhatsApp on this phone. ]
so please tell me the sollution

A:i am reset my nokia lumia 710 model after i reset installed whatsapp but it is unable to login why?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question My phone was slow so
i am reset my nokia lumia 710 model after i reset installed whatsapp but it is unable to login why??
i m entered the mobile number but Verification is shows
[ Can't register with this phone number .You can only register with the phone number that was last used with WhatsApp on this phone. ]
so please tell me the sollution check that you're entering the right number, or try restarting your phone and trying again
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433146-i-am-reset-my-nokia-lumia-710-model-after-i-reset-installed-whatsapp-but-unable-login-why.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700(I5 Core) and i am trying to factory reset to the default settings again because of the stupid problems i am having on the tablet.
Here is the problem i am trying to get into the BIOS which is the 1 step on the Acer website but for some bizarre reason when it is completely off i press the Windows button and the power button to get in to the BIOS as it says on the Acer Website but it keeps going to the start menu/desktop now instead of going to the BIOS. :/
I have factory reset/hard reset on my Acer Iconia W700 a couple times and i never had this problem before, i gone in to the BIOS no problem!!!
Can someone help me please?? Thanks!!!

A:Windows 8 tablet factory reset/hard reset problem!!! HELP!!

Is it still under warranty? You should try contacting Acer.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/general-tablet-laptop-discussion/397817-windows-8-tablet-factory-reset-hard-reset-problem-help.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hi,i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)thanks in advance.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:are hard reset and factory reset the same thing?

Hi, No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/are-hard-reset-and-factory-reset-the-same-thing/td-p/5676772
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello every one I've been having a long term problem that has basically plagued my computer since I've built it Yet the issue manifests itself in different ways through out the years The issue is At certain seemingly random points my computer screen freezes with no BSOD Computer is still running with Firefox freezing Random, Life. Hard in Second hard and reset required. fans going No error message Sound stops Mouse is not responsive on screen Nothing works Screen is frozen on the last picture A holding down of the power button for a hard reset is the only way to recover Through out the years since I've changed graphics cards and RAM chips in order to try and solve this Random, hard freezing in Firefox and Second Life. Hard reset required. problem I've found that the RAM had no effect on the issue but the graphics cards perhaps did Back in I had constant random freezing at random intervals during the days of the week whilst basically doing any thing An SLI set up of two Geforce s I finally discarded one of the graphics cards to only run one and that seemingly fixed most random freezing issues for some time Though it did happen on some rare occasion that I could not explain How ever In I upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX OC and found that issues immediately arose again I could not activity render videos in Adobe Premiere Elements whilst working on the video editing software with out a hard freeze Basically unable to render videos in real-time whilst working on them any more More issues started occurring later with this same card When watching Youtube videos in Firefox browser Occasionally with increasing frequency watching videos in the browser were causing this problem Then I discovered the option to disable 'hardware acceleration' and the problem hasn't arisen in the browser since Come Using a program known as 'Second Life' that does tend to use a lot of resources When computer resources were being strained too hard this problem did return on a rare occasion when I was running dual clients of this program In this same program known as 'Second Life' had gone through some updates and now for some reason the freezing issue has reared its ugly head in a big way Some times I can't be on this program for even an hour and the hard freeze occurs To fix this issue from that point I've tried updating to the latest graphics drivers No success I've even upgraded my graphics card to a GeForce GTX Ti and again updated to the latest graphics drivers The issue still persists and renders use of them program unusable I am able to play games such as Guild Wars Grand Theft Auto Trove etc with out issue how ever I do not know what is causing the issue in order to know what I need to fix My current setup is ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model X A-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit H... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396853-random-hard-freezing-firefox-second-life-hard-reset-required.html
Relevancy 46.44%

This is a friend s laptop Sony vaio windows home premium edition Apparently after it developed some issues a colleague reformatted the drive and could not reinstall the OS I have tried the following - Tried to use the two recovery dvds created when the computer was purchased It does not work The screen is blank In safe mode it goes tries to the recovery mode but then nothing happens - Tried to use the iso reset go to factory to Unable image from Microsoft and burnt it to a dvd The screen asks for the language and the country etc then after it says install windows the screen remains at setting up Nothing happens -Tried to use my windows quot update quot dvd to start the laptop Same result as for the iso image Grateful for any help The laptop has a separate quot one touch web access without booting Unable to go to factory reset up quot key and that brings the internet up with a quot slapshot quot browser nbsp

A:Unable to go to factory reset

I'd first suspect a hard drive or memory defect. If the BIOS has diagnostics run them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-go-to-factory-reset.1121922/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys, I've had a tonne of problems with Windows 8.1 resulting in a slow buggy Laptop and want to reset it. 

I've tried resetting Windows 8.1 using the inbuilt option but I've not been able to do so: "There was a problem when resetting your PC. No changes were made." comes up. 

Also tried downloading Windows 8 from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

But my product key doesn't work with retail versions (I bought my laptop from a store with Windows 8 pre installed). Any ideas how to go about reinstalling Windows? Thanks. 

EDIT: I have an ASUS N550JV Laptop, bought in 2013. 

A:Unable to Reset Windows 8.1

From what I have read, reset functions fails on a computer that was upgraded from 8 to 8.1. You can download the install media for 8.1 without a key here. But, keep your key just in case even though it is embedded in your BIOS. Did you get your key using a keyfinder? Use Magical Key finder here if not.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572036/unable-to-reset-windows-81/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey everyone! So last night something happened to my wireless NIC. No idea what, but connecting to anything is now agonizingly slow. I've also been having startup/crashing issues, and BSOD. I tried to Reset my PC just now, and I got an error message: "Unable to reset your PC. A required partition is missing. The laptop (an Asus X750JB) came preinstalled with Windows 8, and I upgraded to 8.1 back in August. I've fully updated Windows 8.1 and drivers, ran Eusing Registry Cleaner, AVG, and Malware Bytes. No malicious files were found. I've also reinstalled programs that tend to give me BSOD to no effect. Seems like the best thing I can do is reset my laptop to factory settings, but Windows 8.1 won't let me. Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Unable to reset PC. Too many Windows 8 issues.

hello, follow details in link to download win8.1 media ,myself I use the usb device ,makes for a bit quicker install ,good luck .
Create installation media for Windows 8.1 - Windows Help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59524-unable-reset-pc-too-many-windows-8-issues.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Pavilio g6 which has got a win7 original os that I updated to win 10. recently I turned off my machine while was booting and after that it gave me a blue screen error that said: bad cinfig system info. somehow I managed to install a win 8.1 pro but first when I enter my product number it doesn/t activate and I can't reset factory my device back to its original win 7. I guess it can't find the primary drive storing the source files and it gives me an other message that the main drive has already 4 partitions and can't have more. I used to be able to reset factory my device at any time but now it asks for a sorce drive and it just takes back to win 8.1. how can I reset my device?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-reset-factory-my-pavilio-g6/td-p/5826752
Relevancy 46.01%

IE bit on windows does not reset completely I reverted to IE and tried Got this error message Problem Event Name BEX Application Name ieunatt exe Application Version Application Timestamp a bca Fault Module Name StackHash dc Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp Exception Offset Exception Code c Exception Data OS Version Locale ID Additional Information dc Additional Information dc fb de d f e dbb e d Additional Information cbc Additional Information cbc ec b af ad ca e I am the only user administrator I went into safe mode when I had IE took possession full control of inetcpl cpl and ieunatt exe under my name as administrator Returned 9 Reset Unable Internet to Explorer to normal mode tried resetting IE Same error as above Ran the group policy vbs from this web site to reset group policy Still could not completely restore the 'reset to default'' settings completely Everything else works I reinstalled IE The BEX error Unable to Reset Internet Explorer 9 does not show up on attempting to reset to default in IE I see a cross What is the fix There is no malware on the machine Thank you in advance for any help with registry settings that will fix this problem

A:Unable to Reset Internet Explorer 9

Are you trying to uninstall IE 9 and return to IE 8?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/240605-unable-reset-internet-explorer-9-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello Im new here Just stumbled upon this forum and hope the admin could help me I'm using a Windows and have computer unable my reset and to refresh been encountering alot of problems with unable to refresh and reset my computer my Asus Laptop I am unable to refresh and reset my computer as it will say something like quot there is a problem resetting your pc no changes are made quot Same goes for the recovery mode F screen The problems i encountered includes lots and lots of internet explorer window pop out when i tried to install some programs such as winrar and some other software I already disabled smart screen filter and scan for virus but nothing was found I already create a recovery drive USB quot mine is gb quot in my windows as per what you posted in the first page and tried booting up F and run in USB in recovery mode but after asking for unable to refresh and reset my computer my Language and Keyboard layout it just reboot my computer normally as in nothing had happened without resetting my computer My Asus laptop came with Windows pre installed without the disk and there isn't any OEM options in recovery mode Only troubleshoot and USB option when i plugged in my recovery flash drive Thanks Hope someone can help me

A:unable to refresh and reset my computer

Pop out!! Do you mean pop up and basically what are they saying. You did a AV scan and found nothing, suggest you download and run Malwarebytes (Free). Was your USB recovery drive created before or after the problems started?

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/47608-unable-refresh-reset-my-computer.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi

When I log on to my machine I am faced with a message that says I have low virtual memory and that I need to change my page size. I am instructed to the dynamic page size option under System in the Control Panel but even after setting the page size to 2MB to 4096MB, I get this msg the next time I log on.

A:Unable to reset page size

how much ram do you have and how much free space do you have on the drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-reset-page-size-281182.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi i recently purchased a d-link router so i could have a wireless router Ive got it up and running but having some problems with letting others to connect I know what the problem is i just dont know how to solve it The router is currently connected in port which makes the ip adress messed up and i can only have one other pc connect to the network and that computer has to type in my DNS adress because the router will not accept ip adresses to d-link reset Unable my factory 615 automaticly However this can be sold if i connect the router in the Wan port But when i do this i loose my connection it just get limited connection and to fix this i have to go into the admin panel which i cant connect to Have tried by wireless and with cable with no luck BUT If i reset my router to factory Unable to factory reset my d-link 615 settings this will be solved But the router wont reset ive tried Unable to factory reset my d-link 615 reseting it for secs with power on but it just restarts and the settings are the same have also tried this with power off What am i doing wrong Please help nbsp

A:Unable to factory reset my d-link 615

The router is defective, take it back.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-factory-reset-my-d-link-615.951420/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I have a built-in Windows 8 on my ASUS Laptop, then later on I updated it to 8.1. RIght now I am trying to do a Refresh/Reset on my PC, but it doesn't seems to let me do it. For Refresh it gives me the error "The drive where windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again." And for Reset I get the following error "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again." This is really frustrating. I am not sure what did I do wrong or what happened. I did use the Recovery to Reset my PC once, but now it won't let me anymore.

Thanks in advance!

A:Unable to Refresh/Reset Windows 8.1

If you have an ASUS computer, then you should use the Asus Backtracker utility.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/55970-unable-refresh-reset-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Help reset IE Home Unable to Page I am having problem with pc IE is being re-directed to this site http here search com enter htm id I have tried Unable to reset IE Home Page clearing cookies temp files setting home page again and again but still defaults to that webpage I have ad-ware spybot I updated them before I ran them and there were able to show some files that I Unable to reset IE Home Page was able to remove however under SPYBOT they show two labeled COOLWWWSEARCH and I have tried deleting them several times but still they still appear I tried going into the registry to remove some of the files that had the folllowing Browser Helper Object HKEY LOCAL MACHINE Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Explorer Browser Helper CLASS ID HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID FAEB - F B- c -BAE - A CA F E Any help most appreciated Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCEVTMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON INTERNET SECURITY NISUM EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON INTERNET SECURITY CCPXYSVC EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATI EVXX EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLACSD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SISTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SHAREDLL CTNOTIFY EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SBLIVE AUDIOHQ AHQTB EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SBLIVE PROGRAM CTAVTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINAMP WINAMPA EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SHAREDLL MEDIADET EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DESK EXE C PROGRAM FILES ATI TECHNOLOGIES ATI CONTROL PANEL ATIPTAXX EXE C PROGRAM FILES MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH JUKEBOX MM TRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPZTSB EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPHMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD HP SHARE-TO-WEB HPGS WND EXE C PROGRAM FILES SUPPORT COM BIN TGCMD EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCAPP EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD HP SHARE-TO-WEB HPGS WNF EXE C PROGRAM FILES MICROSOFT HARDWARE MOUSE POINT EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL ACS AOLDIAL EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES AOL AOL SPYWARE PROTECTION AOLSP SCHEDULER EXE C PROGRAM FILES AHEAD INCD INCD EXE C PROGRAM FILES CYBERLINK POWERDVD PDVDSERV EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM HPHIPM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZR ZVKIL XZY YTHD EXE C PROGRAM FILES CREATIVE SBLIVE PLAYCENTER CTNMRUN EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM BWXYYD FJ ISRS EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WZQKPICK EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER YMSGR TRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXE C UNZIPPED HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http letgohome com sp htm id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http letgohome com sp htm id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http letgohome com sp htm id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http letgohome com hp htm id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http letgohome com sp htm id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast High-Speed Internet R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows Curren... Read more

A:Unable to reset IE Home Page

Hi bkreadr, Welcome to TSG!!

Click on the link below to download CWshredder.
http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html

Run the program and let it do it's thing. Make sure to click on "Fix" and not scan only.
Run HJT again and put a check in the following:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://letgohome.com/sp.htm?id=9
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://letgohome.com/sp.htm?id=9
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://letgohome.com/sp.htm?id=9
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://letgohome.com/hp.htm?id=9
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchAssistant = about:blank
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus...rch/search.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://letgohome.com/sp.htm?id=9
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/cus...//www.yahoo.com
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {467FAEB2-5F5B-4c81-BAE0-2A4752CA7F4E} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\98FH16~1.DLL
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Control handler] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZR6ZVKIL7XZY7YTHD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Media Access] C:\PROGRAM FILES\MEDIA ACCESS\MediaAccK.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [romahere3] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BWXYYD9FJ1ISRS.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServices: [romahere3] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BWXYYD9FJ1ISRS.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [romahere3] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BWXYYD9FJ1ISRS.EXE
O4 - HKCU\..\RunServicesOnce: [romahere3] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\BWXYYD9FJ1ISRS.EXE
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler V3.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg Scheduler.exe
O12 - Plugin for .com/d/sr?xargs=02u3hs9yoajlUOTTCChRDCr0uqtINdFkF0rKV4XWaBmpgyJrHFciQNe4ho92/3kk3zY/9DwTxOkffyERyIDxIAntaX1r5h5fY3XEFnPDZCg: C:\PROGRA~1\INTERN~1\PLUGINS\nppdf32.dll
O16 - DPF: {56336BCB-3D8A-11D6-A00B-0050DA18DE71} (RdxIE Class) - http://207.188.7.150/240b1807ea6bed...ip/RdxIE601.cab
O16 - DPF: {10003000-1000-0000-1000-000000000000} - ms-its:mhtml:file://C:\foo.mht!http://vparivalka.com/G7/chm10.chm::/ieloader.exe
O16 - DPF: {15AD6789-CDB4-47E1-A9DA-992EE8E6BAD6} - http://static.windupdates.com/cab/M...e/bridge-c7.cab

Close all applications and browser windows before you click "fix checked".

Do a free on-line virus scan here:

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

and here:

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Reboot.
Make sure AdAware SE Personal is configured to run a deep scan.

Launch AdAware,
On the bottom right-hand corner of the main window click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

In the main window: Click Start and under Select a scan Mode tick Perform full system scan.

Deselect Search for negligible risk entries.

To start the scan, click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it. (Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and then click Next)

Reboot and post another log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-reset-ie-home-page.356071/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a newer Samsung laptop with windows 8 along with a system recovery cd, but no
matter what I do I am unable to restore it to factory. I am able to perform the reset, but
all of my original settings are still there. I would appreciate any help. I'm pretty sure I
have some sort of virus.

Thanks,

Karen

A:Unable to reset windows 8 to factory

if that is the case your system is using a customrefresh.wim and not the needed istall.wim

right click > command prompt > run as admin then type

reagentc /info

post the results by using the snipping tool

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/56891-unable-reset-windows-8-factory.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have been using Yahoo as my start-up home page for many months. Inexplicably, however, my start-up page recently has been inadvertently switched to http://www.best-search.info/1526/. I figured it would be a very easy process to reset my home page to Yahoo.

I clicked on Tools, then Internet Options and typed in Yahoo for my home page, clicked Apply and finally clicked OK. I figured this should certainly solve my problem, but it hasn't! Even after resetting Yahoo as my home page, rebooting, and clicking on the IE icon, much to my dismay and disappointment I find that best-search.info/1526/ is still my home page!

Can anyone tell me how and/or why I'm having this problem, and, more importantly, how I can get rid of best-search once and for all and return to the home page of my choosing?

Thank you,
wgreene

Relevancy 45.15%

Dear users,

I was using Ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop before. Now I want to install Win8. I have laptop's rescue CD. I get the following error when I tried to install Win8 on UEFI using the rescue CD:
"unable to reset your pc a required partition is missing"

I think I have a problem about partitions type because Ubuntu uses ext4.

How can this problem fix?

A:unable to reset your pc a required partition is missing

It sounds like the Rescue CD loads what it needs from a restore partition. If this partition was deleted when Linux was installed then you may have to find another way to install Windows. Try the Laptop maker's web site. There is likely a support forum to find out how to proceed.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/50366-unable-reset-your-pc-required-partition-missing.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I need some help direction on cleaning out a host file The PC i m working on appears to have host reset to Unable file Solved: been affect by a virus or something I m using Hoster and see a large number of programs - when I select restore original host I get a message file access denied HJY for review Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C Solved: Unable to reset host file WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmon exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C program files valve steam steam exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Solved: Unable to reset host file Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Utilities hijack this HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sympatico msn ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - Solved: Unable to reset host file HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X -X quot C Program Files Lexmark X -X lxbbbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run SSBkgdUpdate quot C Program Files Common Files Scansoft Shared SSBkgdUpdate SSBkgdupdate exe quot -Embedding -boot O - HKLM Run PaperPort PTD C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe O - HKLM Run IndexSearch C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort IndexSearch exe O - HKLM Run ControlCenter C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe autorun O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run NAV CfgWiz quot C Program Files Norton AntiVirus CfgWiz exe quot GUID D A - A - ec -A C-DF A MODE CfgWiz CMDLINE quot REBOOT quot O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files valve steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Startup csrss lnk O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Status Monitor lnk C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

Windows 10 installed last week. System crashed Sunday after running successfully for 5 days. Will not allow me to reset using tools provided. What do I enter on cmd line to reset?

A:Unable to reset Windows 10 PC using tools provided

Are you aware of a Win 10 command line reset then? Not something I've run into.http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/unable-to-reset-windows-10-pc-using-tools-provided/158.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Recently [SOLVED] restore Unable reset using to Usb PC system my PC was starting to run a little oddly so I decided to restore everything back to how it was I made a system restore usb using the in-built software reebooted my pc into the usb and chose 'reset' i got a few screens asking if I was sure and after that it started reseting I saw the windows logo and a little procentage that kept track of the progress [SOLVED] Unable to reset PC using system restore Usb However once it was finished I got a black screen and it said quot Insert boot media and [SOLVED] Unable to reset PC using system restore Usb press a key to restart quot this was not the whole text as I didn't note it down and I am unable to get to the PC at the moment I have tried running quot chkdsk c f r x quot but it found no errors I also ran sfx scannow but it informed me that it was unable to scan because the area is read only I have tried to Google this but I am unable to find anything helpfull Thanks in advance

A:[SOLVED] Unable to reset PC using system restore Usb

I should also point out that the black screen with the text dissapeared once I re-inserted the usb, and it took me back to the language selection on the recovery usb

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-unable-to-reset-pc-using-system-restore-usb-967809.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Using f8, doesn't give me ability to reset.  The partitions are there including recovery but Dell tools do not appear
Did use the recovery disk but problem never went away.
Problem:
After what appeared as a virus intrusion was unable to connect to email.  Ran recovery hoping that that would solve problem but it did not.  Tried thunderbird, others and no luck.  Want to factory reset but am given no opportunity.
Bought at best but but partions are still there so????

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19979930
Relevancy 45.15%

Product: HP 2000  Notebook PCOS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Hi, I have backed up my entire notebook and ready to factory reset but I am unable to achieve this.  I have not been able to find the HP recovery manager on the computer nor a download available for it. I have held the F8 key during reboot but I only get a system restore point option, not a factory settings option.  I unfortunately do not have any CD of Windows 7 ultimate Not sure where to proceed and help is appreciated, Thanks!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Unable to Factory reset HP 2000 Notebook PC

Hi, If the Recovery Partition is still intact, you may be able to launch this by shutting down the notebook, then tapping away at f11 as soon as you start the notebook. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-Factory-reset-HP-2000-Notebook-PC/td-p/4340530
Relevancy 45.15%

Assisting a friend with a few problems and find I cannot reset Internet Explorer settings.

Originally IE11 installed and on trying a reset I got/get the message "Before you can reset IE settings you must first close all other open windows and programs"

There are no other open windows or programs - I've tried via the IE/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab route and also Control Panel/Internet Options/Advance tab route to no avail.

Thinking there might be a problem with IE11 I've uninstalled and reverted to IE10. Unfortunately, the problem still persists; cannot reset IE !?!

Appreciate expert hlp to resolve.

A:Unable to reset Internet Explorer settings

Hi,
Try using clean boot,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/179159-troubleshoot-application-conflicts-performing-clean-startup.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/321651-unable-reset-internet-explorer-settings.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I just picked up a used Eee PC at a thrift store for next to nothing Model number is HAB and it's running Windows Starter It is still password protected so I attempted to back to setting Unable Eee reset PC factory to go into the bios to disable the Boot Booster and take it from there The problem is there is no boot booster to shut down and when I attempt any variation of F it doesn't go into the recovery options Now I'm actually getting a message the says something about Shift F then goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor So by attempting F I seem to have made things stop functioning Any help from this point on would be greatly appreciated I'd love to get this machine working because it's like brand new Since I spent so little on it Literally I won't Unable to reset Eee PC back to factory setting mind taking it in but I'd like to try to work on it myself first Thanks in advance to those that might be able to help me

A:Unable to reset Eee PC back to factory setting

See if you can get something happening with this tool.How to use a Lazesoft Windows Recovery CD or USB device to fix the boot problems if your Windows operating system does not start correctlyhttp://www.lazesoft.com/fix-boot-pr..."It is very common for PC users to be faced with a Windows crash. When this happens, the dreaded 'Blue Screen of Death' pops up, or your PC has a black screen and can not boot or start up"Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Editionhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/System...http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-re...Tutorialshttp://www.lazesoft.com/guide.htmlScreenshot ( SS )http://i.imgur.com/c9viJO4.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/DdozUxq.gifHow to Boot a Computer from a Lazesoft Recovery USB Devicehttp://www.lazesoft.com/create-a-bo...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/unable-to-reset-eee-pc-back-to-factory-setting/19314.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,I have an Asus N550jk notebook which originally had Windows 8.1 installed. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and am unable to boot using a Windows 8.1 ISO or and Windows 10 usb. Any help would be appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/75719-unable-reset-my-pc-required-drive-missing.html
Relevancy 45.15%

i am unable to reset my router back to default username/password setting.ive been able to reset it in the past, but i cant remember what i did.

i have held the reset button down for 90 secs. then i unplugged the router while still holding down the reset button for an additional 90 secs. and finally plugged the power back in again still holding the reset button for an additional 90 secs.

ive tried switching between different web browser. default gateway is 198.162.1.1

tried using cmd prompt. used ipconfig /release. ipconfig /renew. just for the heck of it.

ive also read that this same model and version is giving alot of people trouble as far as resetting it goes.

honestly, im not sure what firmware i have installed. im not sure how to check it... if that may be the issue.

while trying to login to router via firefox, i get the security level 15 message

cant remember my username/password

A:Unable to reset linksys BEFW11S4 ver 4 router

Sounds like your router needs a hard reset, the following has helped me in some cases, but be aware, if these procedures don't work, than your router has gone bye bye, it's junk.

To reset your router to factory defaults, use the following procedure:

1) Power down all computers, the router, and the modem, and unplug them from the wall.
2) Disconnect all wires from the router.
3) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
4) Press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, then release it, then let the router reset and reboot (2-3 minutes).
5) Power down the router.
6) Connect one computer by wire to port 1 on the router (NOT to the internet port).
7) Power up the router and allow it to fully boot (1-2 minutes).
8) Power up the computer (if the computer has a wireless card, make sure it is off).
9) Try to ping the router. To do this, click the "Start" button > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. A black DOS box will appear. Enter the following: "ping 192.168.1.1" (no quotes), and hit the Enter key. You will see 3 or 4 lines that start either with "Reply from ... " or "Request timed out." If you see "Reply from ...", your computer has found your router.
10) Open your browser and point it to 192.168.1.1. This will take you to your router's login page. Leave the user name blank, and in the password field, enter "admin" (with no quotes). This will take you to your router setup page. Note the version number of your firmware (usually listed near upper right corner of screen). Exit your browser.

If you get this far without problems, try the setup disk (or setup the router manually, if you prefer), and see if you can get your router setup and working.

If you cannot get "Reply from ..." in step 9 above, your router is dead.

If there's some time left on any type or warrenty for this device, I would recommend using it, that is if in fact your router is dead.

Good luck.............hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-reset-linksys-befw11s4-ver-4-router.178724/
Relevancy 45.15%

Have decided to take the plunge to reset my computer (because Windows Store would not open). Booted from the installation disk but cannot Reset or Refresh, I get "The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again."

Never used Bitlocker and chkdsk checks out OK. My mind is not working on all cylinders today and unable to resolve.

A:Unable to Refresh or Reset, drive locked

you could try this:

diskpart
list volume
select volume xxx (where xxx is the write protected problem drive)
attributes volume clear readonly

EDIT: If you are already booting from installation disk you could just format and do a clean install (just a thought). It might be quicker.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/48469-unable-refresh-reset-drive-locked.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Using Spysweeper and smitfraudfix I have managed to rid my friend's computer of trojan-downloader-evko biz trojan-nuwar and bravesentry fakealert Further sweeps with Spysweeper and AVG Free Edition reveal nothing However I cannot restore his home page just as soon as I close the dialogue box it To Homepage Unable Reset Infection Virus After reverts to an msn page even tho I have repeatedly changed it and clicked OK and Apply I would appreciate any Unable To Reset Homepage After Virus Infection help on this Running the highjack log produced the following Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Samsung Digimax Viewer DigimaxViewer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS System IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run NVMixerTray quot C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NVMixerTray exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz quot nwiz exe quot install O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run Easy-PrintToolBox quot C Program Files Canon Easy-PrintToolBox BJPSMAIN EXE quot logon O - HKLM Run AVG CC quot C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe quot STARTUP O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe quot startintray O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run NvMediaCenter quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS System NVMCTRAY DLL NvTaskbarInit O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - Global Startup Digimax Viewer lnk C Program Files Samsung Digimax Viewer DigimaxViewer exe O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC AddToList html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Resource dll RC HSPrint html O - Extra context menu item Easy-WebPrint Preview - res C Program Fi... Read more

A:Unable To Reset Homepage After Virus Infection

Hello,The reason why you can't reset your Homepage is because of your Spysweeper and/or zonealarm.I know both are watching the homepage and try to prevent it being changed.For your spysweeper, do this:Open Spysweeper.Click shields (in the menu left)Click the tab Internet ExplorerThere you see: "IE hijack shield" and under it: "Edit IE hijack Shield settings"Check "Edit IE hijack Shield settings"This will open some settings below.There you can change what you want as IE home page shield (your homepage) and click save next to it.Under it, you will see also Advanced settings where the url http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir.dll?p...6.0&ar=home is present. You can change that if you want, or you can also uncheck "Automatically Restore Default without Notification".In case above didn't work, it's your Zonealarm responsible.For that you have to change your Homepage in Windows safe mode, because shutting down zonealarm and then changing it won't work.In some cases, Zonealarm stays stubborn here and uninstalling Zonealarm, then reboot, then changing homepage and then reinstalling Zonealarm should do it. But I guess changing the settings in Spysweeper will already solve your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75436/unable-to-reset-homepage-after-virus-infection/
Relevancy 45.15%

My Laptop was very slow and very often it was showing BSOD. Using recovery disk, I reset the laptop and reinstalled. I am having Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS.  However after installation the laptop restarted and then it is showing Starting Windows and then the screen goes blank. No idea how to get this box up and running. Any help will be much appreciated. I have the recovery disk and tried it twice but its still the smae thing always. I tried to install fresh Win 7 ISO using USB but after loading the files the Win 7 welcome screen comes and then the configuration window starts and then immediately the laptop restarts.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-start-the-laptop-after-doing-factory-reset-and/td-p/5811209
Relevancy 45.15%

i'm trying to do a factory reset because i likely have viruses that haven't been detected by my antivirus software. i read in the manual that with the older laptops you have to hold "0" and then press the power button while it's loading, but when i do that instead of giving me the long beep and warnings i'm taken to the boot manager. am i doing something wrong? laptop model number is Satellite C655-s5061
edit: i have also tried hitting f8 at startup and selecting repair computer, which eventually takes me to system recovery options, but the toshiba recovery wizard does not show up as an option. iv been looking at other forums and someone said that "It won't go to the Toshiba Recovery menu if the Toshiba Recovery partition is deleted or corrupted."  is that likely the case here?
fyi, i am able to navigate the desktop so the pc is running, alebit slowly

A:unable to do factory reset on toshiba laptop

If the Partition for Recovery is missing or damaged you may have to order recovery disc`s  from Toshiba { At a Cost }.

You can see if the Recovery Partiton is actually there ?
Control Panel /   Administrative Tools / ComputerManagement  / Disc Management 
If it is , it shoud be about 10 - 20 Gig in size and named Recovery.

As you have already tried from F8 to enter recovery , you may also try from Start / Programs / Toshiba Folder / Recovery / if its listed.

If all else Fails , provided you have a valid Product Key on laptop , you coould download Operating System ISO and burn to disc and Install.
This will not have Drivers or Toshiba Apps , you will have to get them later , if you wish to have them. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619974/unable-to-do-factory-reset-on-toshiba-laptop/
Relevancy 45.15%

Just recently I have started receiving the above error messges for 'some' downloads.

This relates to some of the podcasts I have previously downloaded without any problems whilst others are still ok. Itunes dls are ok but some other music sites I have the above error

They are not particularly large downloads and the problem seems to be random

Can anyone suggest what might be happening here please?

A:unable to download - the connection with the server was reset

Problems on the server side which you have no control over.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-download-the-connection-with-the-server-was-reset.992266/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all my friend,
I have a (Air Access) - ZG-5000-11g Wireless Outdoor Bridge , Ap Router, It has hanging problem, so I make it factory default. but now I have unable to configure it. so plz some one help me to find out default ip address.. plz help me…

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi Hopefully this is the right place for my problem if not please accept my apologies I have a device that uses the WIMBoot method - https technet microsoft com en-GB dn aspx the device has four partitions a MB System partition MB MSR partions OS Partition and a Recovery Partition I have created a DOS command batch program that runs from a WinPE USB that takes an image of the device and saves it to the USB no problems with that When I then use recovery replacing image after to Unable factory reset the Recovery option of my DOS command batch program it does the following Code REM --- Constants used to calculate free space --- REM Overhead Ratio assume MB overhead per MB size set a NTFS Unable to factory reset after replacing recovery image OVERHEAD RATIO REM Unable to factory reset after replacing recovery image Per-Partition Overhead MB per partition set a NTFS OVERHEAD BASE REM Megabytes-to-Millions Ratio REM This ratio converts values from megabytes to millions of bytes Unable to factory reset after replacing recovery image approximately set a mega million ratio REM --------- Constants ------------- REM Drive letter of the Windows partition set user volume C REM Drive letter that contains Images install wim Example E set wimfile path directory REM Drive letter that contains Images winre wim Example E set winre wim path directory for A in wimfile path install wim do set install wim file bytes zA echo install wim is install wim file bytes bytes set a install wim file MB install wim file bytes - set a install wim file MB install wim file MB for A in winre wim path winre wim do set winre wim file bytes zA echo winre wim is winre wim file bytes bytes set a winre wim file MB winre wim file bytes - set a winre wim file MB winre wim file MB set a more size set a wim partition size MB install wim file MB set a wim partition size MB wim partition size MB winre wim file MB set a wim partition size MB wim partition size MB more size set a wim partition size MB wim partition size MB NTFS OVERHEAD BASE set a wim partition size MB wim partition size MB echo Final Images partition size wim partition size MB MB set wim partition letter M echo gt Drive DP TXT echo select disk gt gt Drive DP TXT echo clean gt gt Drive DP TXT echo convert gpt gt gt Drive DP TXT rem System partition ESP echo create partition efi size gt gt Drive DP TXT echo format quick fs fat label quot System quot gt gt Drive DP TXT rem Microsoft Reserved MSR partition echo create partition msr size gt gt Drive DP TXT rem Windows partition echo create partition primary gt gt Drive DP TXT echo shrink minimum wim partition size MB gt gt Drive DP TXT echo format quick fs ntfs label quot Windows quot gt gt Drive DP TXT echo assign letter user volume gt gt Drive DP TXT rem Images partition echo create partition primary gt gt Drive DP TXT echo format quick fs ntfs label quot Images quot gt gt Drive DP TXT echo assign letter wim partition letter gt gt Drive DP TXT echo set id quot de bba - d - d -a a-bfd d ac quot gt gt Drive DP TXT echo gpt attributes x gt gt Drive DP TXT echo exit gt gt Drive DP TXT diskpart s Drive DP TXT DEL DRIVE DP TXT md quot wim partition letter Windows Images quot md wim partition letter Recovery WindowsRE robocopy wimfile path quot wim partition letter Windows Images quot install wim s copy datso dcopy t robocopy winre wim path wim partition letter Recovery WindowsRE winre wim s copy datso dcopy t rem Create a scratch directory for DISM operations md user volume Recycler Scratch rem Apply the Windows image to the Windows partition Dism Apply-Image ImageFile quot wim partition letter Windows Images install wim quot ApplyDir user volume Index WIMBoot ScratchDir user volume Recycler Scratch rmdir user volume Recycler Scratch rem Create boot files on the System partition user volume Windows System bcdboot user volume Windows reagentc exe DISABLE reagentc exe setreimage path r Recovery WindowsRE target c Windows reagentc exe ENABLE Everything seems to have worke... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/74070-unable-factory-reset-after-replacing-recovery-image.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi --- I have a similar issue on my Windows My Acer laptop drive crashed I got a new one Got recovery bootable USB from ACER In fact got two When I ran thru the boot process from the USB everything appeared to be OK However after the program tried to unpack the install wim file an error message flashed across the screen saying quot The Specified image file did not contain a resource quot USB program then finished and said to to file unable image contain reset factory did a The Specified resource. not remove USB and reboot I did and then after it restarted with a recovery screen I got an error quot Restore Failed Cannot find image path M RecoveryImage Install wim quot PC is out of warranty and ACER third part tech support wants at minimum with no guarantee Also I had tried reloading an image I made last year but recovery CD won t read the image on my external drive But it does see old windows images Thanks for any help I ve put hours into this and no luck unable to factory reset The Specified image file did not contain a resource. with windows but it does boot up on Ubuntu btw nbsp

A:unable to factory reset The Specified image file did not contain a resource.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-factory-reset-the-specified-image-file-did-not-contain-a-resource.1144373/
Relevancy 44.72%

I want to reset my system. But I am facing various issues.
No installation CD (though I can download), Sony has given many options to reset.
I am encountering problem of "Bootmgr is missing".
So help me to solve this issue without installation cd.
Thank You

Relevancy 44.72%

Previously i had installed windows 10 and 2 days ago i decided to revert back to windows 8.1. I followed the steps as mentioned in this site How To Remove Windows 10 Technical Preview - LoveMySurfaceLoveMySurface. now it says 'unable to reset pc.a required drive partition is missing'.

I used command prompt and disk partition , it says there is no partition to show. Is there any thing i can do.
help needed, thanks!

A:unable to reset pc.a required drive partition is missing.

You have to destroy(delete) all partitions on disk 0 then reformat to NTFS. A good tool is GParted, or if you're experienced with CLI use command prompt in WinPe. Gparted is easier being visual. just go here to find the latest ISO, pick live usb or dvd and burn it. Then boot into it, and then pick all partitions to delete and reformat entire disk to NTFS. When complete shutdown, swap out GParted for recovery media(USB or better system image) and then reboot. p.s a copy of GParted also comes with ubuntu based OS?s.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/58414-unable-reset-pc-required-drive-partition-missing.html
Relevancy 44.72%

We to user reset Unable passwords on expired T510 have a fleet of about thin client devices and approximately of them are Unable to reset expired user passwords on T510 T s nbsp nbsp Unable to reset expired user passwords on T510 Recently we upgraded to XD and as part of this I upgraded the firmware on the T s and Smart Client Services to nbsp Ever since then users are not able to change an expired password on this Unable to reset expired user passwords on T510 device there is no issue in doing the same on the remaining Wyse devices nbsp When a user attempts to login when their password has expired they are first prompted to enter in their current password and then a new one nbsp After entering the details a message will pop up saying that the Old Password was invalid and told to try again nbsp The error message includes a CharlotteBadCredentialsError statement nbsp There are no other issues with the system - if a user with a non-expired password attempts to login they pass through fine nbsp I've been looking through the documentation for the Profile Manager in case there is a setting out there but I've not found anything that seems to be relevant to this nbsp I have seen suggested elsewhere that allowing Smart Card logins might be a fix but this does not seem to be the case here nbsp If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated

A:Unable to reset expired user passwords on T510

Did you try to upgrade to this Citrix Receiver Add-On?http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5226532&swItemId=vc_160006_1&swEnvOid=408... According to the Citrix Release Notes there is a fix for the invalid old password error included in there.

I am an HP Employee.My opinions are my own and do not express those of HP.**Click the Thumps Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Unable-to-reset-expired-user-passwords-on-T510/td-p/5574603
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I initially had Windows on my Toshiba Satellite laptop I tried to Unable recover or using reset USB 10 Windows drive bootable to factory restore but the original partition with the manufacturer files was missing I decided to upgrade to Windows for free as I had an activated Widows OS The upgrade was successful but there was some mouse lag I suspected some remnants of either viruses or malware so I thought I would do a complete recovery or reset I was able to create the bootable USB drive After I started the recovery process it took some time but it seemed to work After it reached on the progress bar the computer automatically restarted and Unable to reset or recover Windows 10 using bootable USB drive booted to the USB drive and started the process all over again I tried powering off the computer from the troubleshooting screen and restarting without the USB stick but then I got an error that there was no boot disk I then started to get hard drive locked errors etc I tried all repair options available and the computer will attempt them but other than that I appear to be dead in the water I'm putting my last hope in the command prompt but I'm way to rusty at DOS to try it Is there anyone who can offer any suggestions on how I can fix this Many thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/45613-unable-reset-recover-windows-10-using-bootable-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I will quote from an article on the Microsoft site Article ID Quote Consider the following scenario You have Windows or Windows Pro installed on your PC Your PC fails to boot into Windows and launches Automatic Repair to attempt to repair Windows Automatic Repair is unable to repair your PC and you select quot Advanced options quot After selecting quot Troubleshoot quot you choose to either quot Refresh after Repair fails refresh PC or reset Unable Automatic to your PC quot or Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fails quot Reset your PC quot In this scenario recovery may fail and you are returned back to the main WinRE screen This issue may occur if the System or Software registry hives have become damaged or corrupted To attempt to resolve this issue follow the steps below NOTE Following these steps should only be used if you are attempting to use the quot Refresh your PC quot or quot Reset your PC quot options in Windows RE because your system is in a non-bootable state After Automatic Repair fails to repair your PC select quot Advanced options quot and then quot Troubleshoot quot Select quot Advanced options quot and then select quot Command Prompt quot If prompted enter in the password for the user name At the Command Prompt go to the windows system config folder by typing the following command cd windir system config Rename the System and Software registry hives to System and Software by using the following commands ren system system ren software software I did all that but when I tried to rename the Software file the system responds quot The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process quot I tried to create a Ubuntu start up usb key so that i could maybe get in and rename the file but that presented more problems that I couldn't understand so I came here for more advice Any ideas about how to get past this cycle would be much appreciated

A:Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fails

Ok, I'll bite...

If the message is correct, it appears something still has control of the file. I suppose two questions come to mind. Have you done a cold boot prior to trying the procedure, and how and with what media exactly did you boot into command prompt?

If you are doing the boot correctly, all I might think is that a recovery drive might not allow you to boot completely offline, or the recovery/restore process still has some type of control of the files.

Depending on your reply, I will try to see what mine does.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/29257-unable-refresh-reset-pc-after-automatic-repair-fails.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi,

i am having a problem. can you help me coz i cant boot to my windows 8. please i need a solution.

problem goes like this:

as i open my laptop it says "preparing automatic repair" >> daignosing your pc >>> attempting repairs>>> then it was stuck
and cant proceed to desktop.

i tried to open advance setting by pressing "F8" then advance settings option appears. and i tried to a troubleshoot then
chose>>

REFRESH YOU PC --- "theres a problem refreshing your pc"
RESET YOUR PC ---- "theres a problem reseting you pc"
AUTO REPAIR ---- cannot repair

please help me...

right now i want to reformat my ASUS laptop with pre installed windows 8 but i dont know what to..

pleasee helpp me with this..

thanks in advance

A:unable to go to desktop, refresh or reset windows8 laptop

You might check this thread and see if it helps.

Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fail

If not, post back.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/48216-unable-go-desktop-refresh-reset-windows8-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%
A:help "unable to reset your pc. a required drive partition is missing"

My sister-in-law took her PC into the Geek Squad (she lives in another state), and they screwed it up.  They f'd around and removed an excellant Antivirus program, and firewall and replaced the antivirus with a POS program.  Even the manufacturer of the substandard antivirus programs says it is only intended as a baseline, and recommends programs like AVAST, NORTON, etc.  The Geek Squad are, well to be nice, incompentant b**bs .  This isn't the first time I had to help my sister-in-law, remotely, to fix the Geek Squad's debacle.
So I suspect that the "recovery disk" they created was just another screwup.  When I went from Windows 8 (manufacturer's image), to 8.1 (boxed from M$), I had to delete all partitions, and then when I booted from the DVD, partitioned out my drive the way I wanted, then the OS installed.
I don't know if that will help you much, but I thought I'd put in my 2 cents.
GOOD LUCK!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532305/help-unable-to-reset-your-pc-a-required-drive-partition-is-missing/
Relevancy 44.72%

My PC fails to boot into Windows and launches Automatic Repair to attempt to repair Windows. When i try to refresh or reset alway get msg " there is a problem resetting your pc, no changes are made" My PC is preinstalled so no I don't have recovery CD/DVD
Here pics

A:Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fail

It may take an Automatic Repair several times to complete a repair. If you have allowed it to do that, have you tried any of the Startup Settings on the advanced options to see if you can repair it?

Do you have any idea why it might have gone into the repair mode?

Have you tried doing the Factory Reset procedure for the system?

Edit: When you system does an automatic repair, it is supposed to create a log file called srttrail.txt. This file is located in the directory below. If you can get into the command prompt and navigate to that location, you might be able to copy the file to a flash drive so you could attach it. Maybe it will have some information.

C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\Srt

If you need to find the drive letter for a flash drive, use diskpart.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/47686-unable-refresh-reset-pc-after-automatic-repair-fail.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I already posted this in W forum but I think there is something on my computer therefore I'm reporting here to let the task force deal with sporadically many reset or unable hang to shut down, apps W7 my situation Where do I start W x i GB ram My PC usually stays on - Few days ago I decided to shut it down and noticed that it stopped on the final blue screen on shutdown the nice one with wallpaper the loading cursor kept spinning for minutes So I pushed the button forced the shutdown and thought nothing of it Few days later I needed to restart the machine and after going to start menu for restart it began the restard sequence but stopped at the blue W7 unable to reset or shut down, many apps hang sporadically wallpaper screen and the cursor just kept spinning Today I noticed that if W7 unable to reset or shut down, many apps hang sporadically I'm in normal mode I can not install any software it just get stuck halfway installation I tried chkdsk in safe mode and the check disk in Tweaking Windows Repair that starts before the W loads no error Crystalinfo showed that the disk health is OK on both of my partitions I ran an elevated cmd sfc scannow Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Strange thing happens when I browse in Chrome if I drag an image to desktop I need to refresh the desktop before I actually see the jpg file on desktop If I empty the recycle bin I need to refresh to see the empty icon I don't know where to look Malwarebytes scan showed no infections MSE quick scan also reports clean I tried rkill once and it terminated process nlssrv exe PID WD-HEUR if that means anything Any ideas

A:W7 unable to reset or shut down, many apps hang sporadically

I replied in your original topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536710/w7-unable-to-reset-or-shut-down-many-apps-hang-sporadically/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I started to reinstall my laptop to factory default settings. I realised I had lost recovery disk 5 when asked to insert. I only have 4/5 disks. I can't complete the recovery and my computer wont boot. What must I do? Yuki

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-complete-factory-reset-because-I-am-missing-disk-5/td-p/5668523
Relevancy 44.72%

I have recently attempted to reset my laptop to factory and i get this issue
Computer specs:
Asus VivoBook S550CM 8gb Ram

HELP, Need more info? please post on thread

A:Unable to reset to factory - ASUS Partition ( Built In )

Take a look at this post: link

Originally Posted by le011

easy way to solv this problem

hi all
i had same problem after update to win 8.1.
after reading this post (which was very usful),i went to asus web site and find solution for this:
pogram cald "Backtracker" fron Asus that will let you to acssec and backup and restor from the recovery partition
even after update to win 8.1. heare is the link to the program:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

i used it to recover my computer and worked perfect and very simpel to use.

i hoop it will help all

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/52992-unable-reset-factory-asus-partition-built.html
Relevancy 44.29%

when using hardware buttons to perform hard reset it does'nt work. i cant reach recovery mode, the phone just powers on normally every time

A:why cant i do a hard reset

If you can't figure out the hardware keys, you can reset the phone through settings > about > reset my phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443752-why-cant-i-do-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

A:How do I do a hard reset on my hp lap top

Hi: Here is a link with information for how to do a hard reset... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-I-do-a-hard-reset-on-my-hp-lap-top/td-p/5743314
Relevancy 44.29%

Im locked out of my phone, and Ive tried to do all the steps for a hard reset and it doesnt work.
Tried - Volume down and power the phone keeps cycleing through the boot up with an (!) on the screen
Tried - Volume down, Volume up, power off, no change

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439847-i-cant-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Will hard reset result in loss of valuable data (data in hard disk)?

A:Hard reset

No. A hard reset will not caue data loss.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-reset/td-p/5788091
Relevancy 44.29%

I need to run a hard reset on an Pavillion notebook as it won't start up at all/slowly. If I do this will it delete any saved files on the notebook as my daughter has all her exam work on it.Thx

A:Hard Reset

A reset will delete all of the files on the notebook. It is not a hard reset. that is something different. Have you tried booting to the usb recovery media that you should have created by now?If you do that, you can use Windows system restore to resolve the issue.  Do you see it below the Precautions heading in the image? Windows System refresh will also fix the issue without deleting any personal files.    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-Reset/td-p/5566689
Relevancy 44.29%

This seems to be a real challenge!

I am Unable to refresh or reset Windows 8 after Automatic Repair fails. One error says out space but it is not. another error says hard drive is write protected. I have scanned the drive and removed 10 virus and performed CHKDSK.

Any help provided would be much appreciated.

A:Unable to refresh or reset Windows 8 after Automatic Repair fails!

I'm going to guess that your system isn't clean yet.
I'm also going to suggest to a moderator that this thread be moved into the forum where you can get the expert assistance you need
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552321/unable-to-refresh-or-reset-windows-8-after-automatic-repair-fails/
Relevancy 44.29%

I will quote from an article on the Microsoft site Article ID Consider the following scenario You have Windows or Windows Pro installed on your PC Your PC fails to boot into Windows and launches Automatic Repair to attempt to repair Windows Automatic Repair is unable to repair your PC and you select quot Advanced options quot After selecting quot Troubleshoot quot you choose to either quot Refresh your PC quot or quot Reset your PC quot In this scenario recovery may fail and you are returned back to the main WinRE screen This issue may occur if the System or Software registry hives have reset Repair 8 PC Windows or to Automatic refresh in after fails Unable become damaged or corrupted To attempt to resolve this issue follow the steps below NOTE Following Unable to refresh or reset PC after Automatic Repair fails in Windows 8 these steps should only be used if you are attempting to use the quot Refresh your PC quot or quot Reset your PC quot options in Windows RE because your system is in a non-bootable state After Automatic Repair fails to repair your PC select quot Advanced options quot and then quot Troubleshoot quot Select quot Advanced options quot and then select quot Command Prompt quot If prompted enter in the password for the user name At the Command Prompt go to the windows system config folder by typing the following command cd windir system config Rename the System and Software registry hives to System and Software by using the following commands ren system system ren software software Click to expand I did all that but when I tried to rename the Software file the system responds quot The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process quot I tried to create a Ubuntu start up usb key so that i could maybe get in and rename the file but that presented more problems that I couldn t understand so I came here for more advice Any ideas about how to get past this cycle would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

Wanted to do the whole quot Remove everything amp re-install Windows quot thing but funnily enough I can't and the reason why baffles me Unable to reset missing? Drive partition PC Is - Hardrive Required so From the desktop I select the option It'll just restart my computer and ask me my language and than provides me the Unable to reset PC - Required Hardrive Drive partition Is missing? the following reset PC option I click thee icon does the whole circle loading and gives me the nice single Unable to reset PC - Required Hardrive Drive partition Is missing? sentence Unable to reset your PC - A Required HD Drive partition Is missing So I swiftly restart the computer and It gives me the Windows boot manager screen Windows Setup or Win Win obviously works but WS just splats the error oxc F I'd rather not book the Desktop Into the techies as-a few years back I broke quot G quot key on my laptop I simply wanted It replaced amp funnily enough It cost which I just had to laugh or cry lt If my post Is missing any vitals than ask them doing nothing today as I'm finishing Sonic All-stars so I can trade It In amp From Posting I see I've posted In the wrong sub-section meh Sowi gt lt

A:Unable to reset PC - Required Hardrive Drive partition Is missing?

Did you create a "Recovery DVD" or system image when you first setup Windows 8? If so, you can backup whatever personal files you've added since then, and then run your recovery procedure. If your PC came with an OEM recovery partition (sometimes different than the MS Windows partition), a key-combination at startup can sometimes effect a clean re-install in that manner. The details would be in the user manual for your system. And, of course, if you have a Windows 8 installation DVD, you can simply boot from that and run a full re-install - it will re-create partitions as necessary.

If the above doesn't apply:
Did you make any changes to the partitioning on your hard drive(s)?
Did you add a hard drive?
Did you run any diagnostics on your hard drive(s)?

Yet another possibility, if you happen to have a "Windows 8 repair disk" (different from a recovery or system-image disk) --- you could try starting the PC with that & trying the "System Reset" option from there. This would only work if the trouble is some sort of bug in the System Reset program files currently on the hard drive. You can use a "repair disk" created from a different computer, so long as it is for the same version and bit-depth of Windows 8 that you have. You continue to use the license and product key or your original Windows 8.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/unable-to-reset-pc-required-hardrive-drive-partition-is-missing-685256.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi! I've a great problem. I've activated HP Drive Encryption with no fingerprint access and my tablet dowsn't recognize my password. I can't login and I don't know how to enter in the BIOS. How can I do a hard reset?Thanks!

A:Hard Reset on HP Elite X2

Hard reset documenthttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768/  You will need to contact HP directly for your issue. See the following web document for contact options.http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/help/contactHP/home/ 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Hard-Reset-on-HP-Elite-X2/td-p/5540680
Relevancy 43.86%

If I make a hard reset to my phone, will be deleted also the content of the memory card?

A:Hard reset WM10

If you initiate from the settings menu you will be asked whether or not to erase the SD card. If you initiate using the key combination from a phone that will not start, I don't know what the default behavior is. I suggest you remove the card before using the key combination just to be safe.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438052-hard-reset-wm10.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I shut down my laptop today and went shopping. When I came home, it wouldn't turn on. This has happened a couple of times before and I've tried giving it a hard reset. I tried turning it on without the battery and just the power cord and nothing. The light where the power cord goes in is on when it is plugged in. I tried everything and still won't start. My warranty for this laptop is gone and don't know what else to try. Please help!

A:Won't start. Tried hard reset and everything

Hi @krakaholyknight, Thank you for your query. I am happy to lend a helping hand. To confirm that I have the correct product, yours is a HP Stream Notebook-11-d007na? I understand that your notebook was working when you shut it down. When you tried turning it on again it would not start. This has occurred a couple of times before and a hard reset  resolved the issue. You tried removing the battery but that did not help. You do see a light on the power port when connected to AC power.  Here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). Please let me know the outcome. If this has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on "Accept as Solution" on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful for my post, kindly click the ?Thumbs Up? below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Won-t-start-Tried-hard-reset-and-everything/td-p/5760886
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I've been working on a computer that has had a lot of recent issues with its hard drive, and I'm getting tired of trying to fix it with the computer utilities. Could I have a link to instructions on how to completely reset my hard drive, erasing everything on it? The computer is a Dimension 8250 and doesn't have a warrantee any longer, nor does it have anything valuable on it, although I could easily transfer the few remaining files that I would like to keep onto another computer. I also have the XP boot disc, so I should be ready to do this. Thks.

A:Reset Hard Drive

Hi .

If "reset" means delete everything...

You can just use the XP CD...to delete everything on any drive, before creating a new partition/formatting/installing XP.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176180/reset-hard-drive/
Relevancy 43.86%

Initially I was facing a problem wherein the keys A,S,D,F and some other keys were not working. The mousepad was also not working fine. I searched the net and got a page that suggested hard reset. Hence, I did the followingStep 01. Turned OFF the NotebookStep 02. Un-plugged the Power/AC Adapter and also removed the BatteryStep 03. Pressed and Held the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minuteStep 04. Re-inserted the battery back in  As soon as I re-inserted the battery, the following happenedPower button with LED indicator - is continuously onBattery charging LED indicator - is continuously onPower/standby LED indicator - is continuously onScreen is blank. Nothing is displayed on screen If I remove the battery the lights shut down. As soon as I put the battery the lights are on. Pressing the power button continuouslt doesn't help. Can someone please help in resolving the issue and starting my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/does-not-start-after-hard-reset/td-p/5679394
Relevancy 43.86%

Is there any way to disable a hard reset of a laptop (i.e. holding the power button down for five seconds)? Could one use C sharp or something like this to achieve this goal? Any help would be appreciated.

A:Disable Hard Reset

There's usually a setting in the BIOS to control this behavior. In XP and Vista you can adjust the settings for the Power button in the Control Panel...Power Options applet.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/157338/disable-hard-reset/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys I am frustrated I wanted to dual-boot Windows on my Windows Home Premium laptop and shrinked my Drive Hard Reset disk by about GB I went on to create a new volume as you can see in the screenshot below I actually re-installed Reset Hard Drive Windows and succesfully managed to do so but now when I boot the Windows installer I get to the quot select volume quot part and the only option I can choose is my Windows volume Windows II in the screenshot For every other volume all the options like formatting deleting and creating a new one are greyed out Trying to install on unallocated space also does not work Now I have almost given up I have got almost no space left on my active volume and can not increase it nor can I install a new operating system because it doesn't work any of the virtual volumes What I would like to do now is to either be able to extend my active volume or to reset the whole harddrive and to re-install Windows all over again Please help me sevenforums

A:Reset Hard Drive

Well, for starters your disk is dynamic - no good. If you want that many primary partitions, initialize it in GPT.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/367494-reset-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,I have recently smashed my screen so i am using a tv screen with a HDMI cable. I was doing a PowerPoint presentation and then it froze so I restarted my NoteBook but when I went to turn it back on the screen remained blank but it does turn on. I have tried hard reset on the notebook but I can't see it in the HDMI tv screen. And was wondering if there is a way to get everything back up and running again? Thank You.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HDMI Hard Reset.

Hello,Sorry just got everything sorted thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HDMI-Hard-Reset/td-p/5823200
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,I seem to have corrupt bios.  I was setting up the system with Xubuntu 16.04 so I went into the bios settings to change it from "Legacy" to "UEFI with CMS" after I saved it and rebooted it went to a blank screen with the backlight on.  Since then I've gone through the hard reset proceedures posted here using the external method with both of the bios versions posted. So far nothing has worked but it is accessing the usb drive and the screen backlight does come on and off but only in the early stages of the process.  After that, nothing! I've tried holding the "win" key and "b" for several minutes so I'm fairly sure I'm not letting go too early.  No flashing lights or beeps! So is this the right proceedure?  Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hard-reset-on-a-14-d004au/td-p/5714711
Relevancy 43.86%

After spending after boot reset. only hard will PC many hours perusing various threads on numerous sites I find myself no PC will only boot after hard reset. further on troubleshooting the following boot problem The PC will not boot from cold but will work perfectly after a hard reset Apologies in advance for this massive post but it will prevent exploring places I have explored already I built the following system for my son for Christmas ABIT NF V mb AMD PC will only boot after hard reset. Sempron Boxed with fan single stick mb Kingston DDR Memory ATI Radeon mb video card Sony DVD drive Single Western Digital WD JD rpm SATA gb HDD Zoom G-Wireless USB mbs card TV XP global TV tuner card PCI LG S TFT monitor W PSU with V on the V rail Windows XP home On first assembly everything booted up and worked fine The following day on a cold boot the system hung before during POST No single normal beep and fans were turning and both HDD and DVD drive lights came on The reset button did not have any effect A couple of hard power-offs did the trick - system booted into windows fine Again the following day on a cold start the system hung but I had a couple of different POST codes at different times Two tone siren short beeps repeating longer beep about sec long but did not self shut down just continued with the beeping until I switched the power off reset had no effect On investigating various web sites threads I decided on replacing the PSU two tone beeps out of limit voltage detection and on looking on ABIT TEQ the V rail was a bit unstable about - I also increased AGP and Vcore voltages by small amounts as recommended on the Abit Forum threads but no improvement I replaced the PSU with a Jeantech W unit Bet you can guess though New PSU did not help I have since done three clean installs of windows and formatted the HDD to try to eliminate virus driver snags Incidentally on the windows install the soft reboots initiated by windows setup resulted in single repeated beeps and system hangs Hard power off and reboot again enabled a normal boot back into windows Other threads suggest that the single repeating beep is not a terminal main board problem and I suspected the CMOS battery not enough juice to store the configuration hence the hanging on cold boot but changing it has not helped either I have also swapped RAM and graphics card ATI radeon XT from my other PC to eliminate those components as suspect Also tried running the RAM as rather than - Symptoms remained each time I then noticed that the DVD rom was not always recognised in the BIOS and so suspected an IDE channel failure After discussion with tech support people at ABIT I then RMAed the motherboard and replaced it for an ASUS K V X SE Since fitting the ASUS board the only remaining problem is that the PC will still not boot first time from cold You have to do a hard reset and then it boots fine and runs very well into windows I have now been investigating threads about the WD JD hard drive and its compatibility with the VT R chipset I have jumpered the HDD to lock at mb s Have also swapped in a different DVD drive but no change I am left with thinking that this is a BIOS setting issue or a SATA IDE conflict or BOOT issue I have tried play with boot order and the RAID screen but there appears to be nothing to change there I have also flashed the BIOS to from the ASUS web site I have checked for motherboard shorts seems clear I am also thinking of getting an EIDE HDD just to see if this is the problem but can t see why SATA shouldn t run with IDE on the same board So far I have Changed PSU twice Changed the mainboard Swapped in RAM Swapped in Graphics Card Changed GPU fan supply source Changed CMOS battery Changed voltages in the bios at the advice of the tech support man in UK Run various software based hardware checks eg PC Check and memtest which have all passed Sorry bout the war and peace but having read many threads it seems to pay to be thorough I really am starting struggle... Read more

A:PC will only boot after hard reset.

Wow, sounds like you've essentially swapped in a brand new computer.

You didn't put jumpers on the hard drive, did you? I've heard of that messing up SATA drives. Poke around the BIOS and mess with the drive settings, including raid configs that might not exist. it definately sounds like a BIOS problem related to your hard drive.

That does seem like a royal pain though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-will-only-boot-after-hard-reset.68670/
Relevancy 43.86%

Product # N9T28AV (X360 15 inch convertibles)How do you do a "Hard Power Reset" as the battery is not accessible?...on older HP laptops with access to the battery, you would remove power plug, remove battery, hold the power button in for 30 seconds. Reassemble.I can find other reset references to different types of convertible devices but not the N9T28AVIf this is posted in the wrong section, please move to the correct locationIn anticipationThank you

A:Hard power reset

I asked HP about this earlier today.   There is no current documentation that describes how to hard reset an x360 notebook.   I have no idea as to how long it wil take before the Hard reset document is updated. As soon as it happens I will let you know. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Hard-power-reset/td-p/5450011
Relevancy 43.86%

i want to hard reset my laptop bac to out of the box factory settings but everytime i try it with the f11 option it keeps asking for a disc to continue. laptop didnt come with a operating system disc. and if i try to fully reset it throught the options menu it doesnt do anything, all it does is say this will take a moment then that screen closes and nothing ever happens it takes me back to my desktop but never resets my computer.

A:i can not hard reset my laptop

Hello, Your PC came with Windows 8.1. The Win 10 upgrade killed the recovery partition. You need an HP Recovery disc set . The Grzy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-can-not-hard-reset-my-laptop/td-p/5825375
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have a weird problem going on here I have a few folders all of which happen to be video folders I use in Plex media server I can rename the folders but I can't copy files into or out of the folders I can access the files in the folders but not do anything else to them If I go to advanced security options the Everyone group only has Read amp Execute permissions The only other permissions have changed to a SID S- - - -blah blah and that has full control I can't add or remove new permssions the buttons are greyed out Nor can I change the permissions for the Everyone group Full control and all other checkboxes greyed out I changed the owner of the folder folders in certain Unable reset permissions, to write/copy/rename (Plex) to administrator and I do have an administrator account Unable to reset permissions, write/copy/rename in certain folders (Plex) but still can't modify permissions I disabled all inheritance on the folder I even attempted to use to cacls tools from microsoft to change permissions Access was denied I even wrote a cmd script w cacls and used ETS Elevate to system from foolish it to run the script No luck What am I missing here I don't know if this is Plex related or not they just happen to be my Plex folders and I did quit plex before doing all the steps above Any help would be appreciated I'm stumped Thanks

A:Unable to reset permissions, write/copy/rename in certain folders (Plex)

Hi,

I changed the owner of the folder to administrator, and I do have an administrator account, but still can't modify permissions.

Try changing the owner to the Administrators group and not to the Administrator user. After that see if you can change the permissions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539987/unable-to-reset-permissions-writecopyrename-in-certain-folders-plex/
Relevancy 43.86%

My idiot self put a password on my computer to protect it temporarially, then by gods sense of humor the computer shut down through loss of pwer. But the password didn't save correctly and now I can't get on my account. It's the only user, and whenever I try using safe mode with command prompt, it goes to the user log in screen, which defeats the purpose.

In short, I need to reset my passdword, while not being able to log on in any way through the username. I would rather not have to wipe my harddrive, I have no recovery disc, nor partition for some reason. If I have to I will wipe my harddrive then download win7 again, but I need to know how to do that first. Any help?

A:Password reset, unable to access new computer, safe mode not working

Hello Data, and welcome to Seven Forums,

The tutorial below may be able to helo with this. It sounds like you may need to use OPTION FIVE.

User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239487-password-reset-unable-access-new-computer-safe-mode-not-working.html
Relevancy 43.43%

What is the problem actually? I thought this is virus but when i scan with my AV nothing wrong...

A:pc black suddenly got to hard reset

Hi Gradeabra,

Based on no other information on your computer and your problem, I would say that reset is very likely due to overheat. May be a maintenance cleaning up would help.

Good luck and post back.

Bruce

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283253-pc-black-suddenly-got-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been experiencing problems with my PC locking up and needing to hold down the power button to shut it off It seems to be more of an issue during the summer months leading me to believe it is a heat issue I downloaded Core Temp to see if I could get a temperature reading when it locks up I started the program left it running on the desktop and let the computer sit idle When it locked up the last reported temperature for Core was C and Core was C which did not seem very extreme Is there anything else I can do to try and see if a specific component is failing due to heat I have tried using compressed air to clean out my case made sure all case fans are working and reapplied Arctic Silver Silver thermal compound on the CPU PC Details Antec Performance Plus AMG Asus P Q SE Intel Core Duo E Wolfdale GB Kingston HyperX DDR RAM MB GeForce GTX Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Windows XP Pro SP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-locking-up-need-to-do-a-hard-reset-701746.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have a pocket pc that I have had for about 7 years now worked great up until about a month ago glitches out everytime I turn it on and use I have taken the battery out and let it set for a few days I have pressed the small pencil tip reset button nothing works I am hoping someone knows how to do like a hard reset I realize I could lose all my stored info thats ok I just need to put in new information with the programs it came with basically I need to set it back to factory default thanks for your help!!

A:Hp iPAQ pocket pc hard reset

To hard-reset your Pocket PC, hold down the power button and press the reset button at the same time. You will loose any data, backup before attempting.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-ipaq-pocket-pc-hard-reset-588516.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My laptop won't start.  I have read through this blog, and did a hard reset (twice) and it still won't start.  I've had this issue in the past and have been able to solve it with a hard reset, but not this time.   What else can I do? The battery still had some "juice" in it as recently as last week, as I was able to use it without power for a few hours with no problems.   Thanks.  

A:Laptop still won't turn on after hard reset

Hi there @PaulaEmde,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your notebook is not powering up. I am happy to help with this. When it is plugged in do you see a charging LED lit?When you try to power it on, is there any sound of the unit starting, like the fans spinning or the sound of the hard drive spinning up?Do you have another power adapter available that you can try?Have you tried a different electrical outlet?Do you have a direct power connection, or are you using a power bar, or UPS? For now give these a try, and let me know the results and the answers to my questions. Hopefully one of these will resolve the issue, but if not, the answers may help to localize the cause.Using and Testing the AC Power AdapterHP Notebook PCs - Computer does not start (Windows 8)Improving Battery Performance (Windows 8, 7, Vista)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-still-won-t-turn-on-after-hard-reset/td-p/4982739
Relevancy 43.43%

New HP envy x360 Model No. 15-x107ne has a problem of black screen.  As I understand this problem can be solve by hard  reset. So can anybody tell me the button combinatin to be pressed to get the screen back

A:hard reset for black screen

Hard reset instructions: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768 Not guaranteed to work for you but worth a shot.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hard-reset-for-black-screen/td-p/5577888
Relevancy 43.43%

My USB port is disabled in BIOS. How do I hard reset the BIOS with no keyboard access? Thanks in advance.

A:Hard reset BIOS on Stick 300

I have this problem too. I've sent a message to Lenovo to see if they have a procedure. I know that for other devices it is possible to reset using just a power button menu. catzi67: did you manage to solve the issue?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Hard-reset-BIOS-on-Stick-300/td-p/2267136
Relevancy 43.43%

How do you reset it? I bought it one day at FRYS and I put a password and now I forgot that password. Is there anyway to reset it?
Please share.
I know I'm an idiot and fail at like for forgetting it. ;_;
It's a MAXTOR by the way

A:external hard drive reset plz

Hi pride and Welcome to Vista Forums.
Did you right click the Hard drive and then format it?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/229790-external-hard-drive-reset-plz.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Stuck on blue restarting screen after update. Tried to perform a hard reset by holding down the power button, was unsussecful.  Also tried power button + mute...that too didnt not work. It doesnt seem to be reponding to anything. Its been "restarting" for 3 hours.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Hard-reset-wont-work/td-p/5706370
Relevancy 43.43%

i have an On-Q router, model# P/N 364772-01.

I'm trying to re-establish the home network, but I cant get anything to connect to the router. IP config shows no gateway, and I cant ping the router. I dont think I've ever had to do a hard reset on this router, but nothing blinks or flashes to indicate a reset took. This is a wired network, nothing is wi-fi.

Is there anything I can do??? Or is the router a brick now?

Edit: Im googling like mad, but it doesnt help when i have such an obscure router model. Would i be able to access anything if i connected my computer to the WAN port?

Relevancy 43.43%

hi everyone.

after a hard reset,i cannot boot windows.trademark appears,bar is moving an then,blue screen and PUFF! computer restarts!

i tried every choise such as safe mode etc but no result.i tried to fix it from Windows Recover Console but my laptop has sata hdd which are not recognisable in console..

i'm running out of ideas.....

A:blue screen after hard reset

I had this exact same problem with our family computer... however we used windows system recovery... if you still have the windows xp CD that would be the best option to reinstall... Does it go on a cycle? Startup, restart, startup, restart?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/blue-screen-after-hard-reset-171325.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello everyone I've been having this problem with my computer since I had it built a while back When I'm doing anything on my computer it will sometimes completely freeze up and I will have to do a hard reset to fix it After I do a hard reset my mouse and wireless network adapter It's a USB one will have to be replugged for them to work again I've tried getting a new HDD and graphics card both of those replacements failed in remedying the problem I'm completely unsure of what could be causing the problem now I'm not sure if this is related or not but I originally had another motherboard of the same type in it but it failed then later I had to remove one RAM stick I originally had GB of RAM in the computer but now I've had to remove all of the sticks except the one Also Speccy shows that my RAM is at MHz while I have it set to MHz in the BIOS Here's my Needed Reset Crashing Hard & specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -bit SP CPU Intel Core i K GHz RAM GB Single-Channel DDR Motherboard ASRock X Extreme Graphics AMD Radeon HD Series HDD GB Western Digital Any help would be really appreciated thanks so much in advance

A:Crashing & Hard Reset Needed

Thank you for supplying your specs, but you forgot the most important one, the Power Supply Unit.
Freezing is usually caused by overheating or an underpowered or failing PSU. Remove the side clean out all dust, blow out all fans with a can of compressed air. Look at the label and post the Make, Model # and Wattage of the PSU. If it is under 500Watts it is underpowered for your setup Get a PSU of 550Watts or better. .
Boot into Setup (Bios) and set it to Failsafe Defaults (F5). This should set the proper speed for your RAM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/crashing-and-hard-reset-needed-691834.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My computer used to have the "blue screen." Then my computer completely crashed (when I hit the power button, the light on the desktop blinks a little and shuts off)...It does not turn on the screen either...

I think it might be the hard drive. Is there a way to reset the hard drive without having to turn on? (Is there a button you can push to reset it somewhere? etc.)

Even if it is not the hard drive I would still like to completely reset it...

Thanks for any advice

A:Reset Hard Drive Manually

No. There isn't a reset for the HDD.

If the PC won't even power up properly, there is likely a hardware failure or at a minimum, something inside the PC is not properly connected/installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-hard-drive-manually.1014065/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all nbsp Just reset laptop, deleted OS Hard yesterday I tried using my laptop at which point it froze and I had to force it to shut down After several failed attempts at switching it on again it gave me the error message that it found no bootable device nbsp Looking on the HP website I saw that Hard reset laptop, OS deleted they recommended a hard reset which I performed However now when I switch the laptop on it asks me to install an OS nbsp I do have a repair disc however I have no system image for my own laptop which I can use to resotre it I do have my files backed up I've tried using my brother's laptop's system image we have the same model but my laptop would not recognise it on the external hard drive on which it is saved nbsp Does anyone know how I could get my OS back without purchasing a new install disc nbsp Thank you nbsp in advance for the help nbsp Extra info in case it is relevant nbsp Laptop was purchased in Summer Upgraded to Windows from in Summer Have had no problem with Windows until now nbsp

A:Hard reset laptop, OS deleted

Hi, As long as the previous installation of Windows 10 had activated Ok after the upgrade from 7, you can just create your own Windows 10 installation media and perform a clean installation as detailed in the guide on the following link.  Note: At the activation screen, select 'I don't have a Product key' - Windows will activate automatically once the installation has completed. http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/ Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hard-reset-laptop-OS-deleted/td-p/5679362
Relevancy 43.43%

Initially I was facing a problem wherein the keys A,S,D,F and some other keys were not working. The mousepad was also not working fine. I searched the net and got a page that suggested hard reset. Hence, I did the followingStep 01. Turned OFF the NotebookStep 02. Un-plugged the Power/AC Adapter and also removed the BatteryStep 03. Pressed and Held the Power Button of the Notebook for a full minuteStep 04. Re-inserted the battery back in  As soon as I re-inserted the battery, the following happenedPower button with LED indicator - is continuously onBattery charging LED indicator - is continuously onPower/standby LED indicator - is continuously onScreen is blank. Nothing is displayed on screen If I remove the battery the lights shut down. As soon as I put the battery the lights are on. Pressing the power button continuouslt doesn't help. Can someone please help in resolving the issue and starting my laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Laptop-does-not-start-after-hard-reset/td-p/5679394
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an Acer XC- C desktop that is one month old I upgraded it to Win and two nights ago it went to a blue screen It shows the error for a MacAfee error and I have done the reset. hard after XC-704C won't Any... allow Acer fix following trying to get it back to Win so I can get rid of MacAfee nbsp I've done the reset that allows me to keep files Acer XC-704C won't allow fix after hard reset. Any... nbsp I've done the reset that wipes everything Following this it comes up with one account defaultuser nbsp and asking for a password I've tried every password connected to Acer and Windows and none work So I can't get to the command prompt and I can't get to the advanced repairs to complete anything nbsp After times of running the second reset it finally said it was loading Then I get the Hi and we're setting up things for you and then it goes right back to the blue screen nbsp This desktop came with no manual no repair disc and I have tried everything I know to get it to boot back up into Windows nbsp I've also tried Safe Boot Safe Boot with Networking and everything else I can get into without having that defaultuser pop up and ask me for a password nbsp nbsp Anyone have any ideas how I can get around that and get it back up and running short of sending it back to Acer I'm not afraid to go into the BIOS but I don't know what is safe to change in there and what is not nbsp

A:Acer XC-704C won't allow fix after hard reset. Any...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/... i would try a clean windows 10 install (wiping completly any partition on the HDD/SSD), most of Acer software and drivers can be downloaded from their support website:http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6067;-;Aspire%20XC-704G

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-XC-704C-won-t-allow-fix-after-hard-reset-Any-ideas-Shows/td-p/422110/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 43.43%

The issue started a few weeks ago when it seemed my HDD failed sent it to a shop to be tested and repaired Went through HDDs before the rd actually worked that's the HDD i'm currently using ST DM - CH SCSI Disk Drive It hard reset only locks from and a up responds Pc worked fine up until a few days ago when random screen freezes started to occur mainly when playing online games such as World of Warcraft Each day the game would freeze to the point that the entire system locked up and only a hard reset would work it went from a couple of freezes a day to - a day Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset The HDD itself showed no signs of failing Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset or struggling and all drivers are up to date I then ran Memtest on both Rams then each while in the primary slot a combined total of tests all of which passed Then booted up the PC with Ram at a time and it worked fine my next step was to run HDDScan but for some reason it would not allow me to hit the S M A R T button even though it recognised my HDD I must also say that at times the boot up has been extremely slow to the point I thought it froze it seems hit and miss whether it reaches the desktop screen With both RAM in it struggles to fully boot up too Linked the DXDiag file which gives a run down of everything EDIT Finally on the pc with only Ram installed running HDDScan right now and will post a screenshot of the outcome shortly It's just strange that it's able to boot up with each RAM but when both are installed it struggles thing to add is that I contacted World of Warcraft Tech Support as the crashes happened more frequent when playing the game they stated that my network drives were out of date from and my BIOS drivers from yet when I tried to update both I got a quot not compatible quot pop up that was from the manufacturers website Hope this helps

A:Pc locks up and only responds from a hard reset

This is the outcome of my HDDScan, I really can't tell whether there's issues or not. Some help appreciated. I'm really starting to think my PSU may be at fault, Atrix 650t 12v but I'm finding very little on reviews or complaints about the product.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313881-pc-locks-up-only-responds-hard-reset.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have had a problem, for the last two months or so, that consists of my laptop freezing and requiring a hard shutdown to fix it. I have a Dell XPS15, 6gb ram, i5-2450M dual core, and a 1gb NVIDIA GeForce GT 525m graphics card with the newest drivers.

Basically, I will play any game, from the original Mass Effect to WoW to Kerbal Space Program, and my computer will freeze, and occasionally make static noise until I hold down the power button for a hard shutdown. I've done stress tests and monitored the heat, and I don't ever seem to reach the heat threshold. Additionally, I've dusted out the fans and such. One or two times I have been able to alt-tab to fix the problem, and it pops up with an error stating that the display driver has failed.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 43.43%

Sometimes after a power failure, the computer wont reboot from the hard disk. Instead we get a statement which says, and I loosely quote: Boot hardware not found. Insert disc and press F1 or press F2 for setup.

Last night the disc wouldnt let it boot up either. I went to F2 and tried to change the boot from the CDROM to the hard disk, the problem was HARD DISK was not in the window as a selection. Finally after doing some things that now I cant remember, I went back to the same window and low and behold Hard disk is now a part of the selection. The computer then booted from the hard disk, and is now operating fine.

Can someone explain to me what I did to get it working so that when this happens again I have the method of repair at hand. Thanks so much.

Mike

A:How To Reset Boot From Hard Disk

You probably clicked on Automatically detect hard drive in the Bios. You should purchase a UPS device to stop your computer corruption from power failures. In time your hardware will be damaged.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/81082/how-to-reset-boot-from-hard-disk/
Relevancy 43.43%

New laptop May 2016, with Win 10 x 64  installed.  Ran all upgrades.  Since purchase, every time I restart, shut down etc, it 'resets' all of the personalized settings, especially annoying is the mouse/touch pad.  I have to open settings every single time and select the disable touch pad, and also select the have touchpad icon on task bar.  While I'm in this session, all is fine, but a soon as I shut down/restart it goes back to squre one, starting point ever time.  It's very annoying.  Especially that the icon won't stay on the task bar-I have to go to settings, advanced/more settings...etc.  I've updated everything, I've run 'fixes' have tried everything I can think of.  Thanks much!! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Every-restart-is-basically-a-hard-reset-and-I-m-NOT-doing-a/td-p/5658118
Relevancy 43.43%

Somebody can tell how can i make a hard reset to my lenovo flex 2 15" i dont have the one key restore key i need help my laptops always is loading

A:Lenovo flex 2 hard reset!!

You might not have to totally reset your computer. Try these options first 1) Check to see if you have any memory cards, usb flash drives, or disks connected to the computer. ANYTHING. No wireless mouses. No USB headsets. No CDs in the optical drive. NOTHING that is not the power cable should be pluged into or in your pc. 2) Boot up in Safe ModeHold down F8 on your keyboard before you turn the computer on and hold it. You should be able to use the advanced recovery options. More info on this here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17419/windows-7-advanced-startup-options-safe-mode. Uninstall all of your recent programs or ones that should not be there (i.e, you dont remeber downloading it, or its not nessesary for you). 3) Recovery PartitionHolding F11 on start up supposedly gives the option of a recovery partition, yet I've never used it before, or know if it'll fix everything. Might be worth a shot. 4) An actual reset.To answer your origional question, here's all the possible ways at: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options Hope this helps!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-flex-2-hard-reset/td-p/3442142
Relevancy 43.43%

After working fine (well mostly) for the last couple of years, my network has been crashing for the last week or so. While connected to the internet, minding their own business, suddenly all 3 of my computers will lose internet access. I've tried everything, including following the instructions received on the D-Link help line (model DI-624), and I can get the system back up for a while, but inevitably it will crash again almost immediately. The only thing that has worked so far is doing a a hard reset (is that what it's called?) where you stick a paper clip into the reset hole and hold for 20 or so seconds.

Question 1: Does this mean my router must be replaced?

Question 2: Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients? Would that cause the whole shebang to crash?

Thanks in advance for any assistance. I am so frustrated!

A:D-Link Router Needs Hard Reset

'Could the problem possibly be an adapter card in one of the clients?'

Possibly.

The obvious test is to run only 1, and if it happens, keep alternating one out and another in. If all 3 get the router failure 1 at a time, then the router is toast. If single comp causes the fail, then the comp NIC is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/d-link-router-needs-hard-reset.109730/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello My Windows randomly keeps freezing up on Random to hard have freezing / reset. me I have read multiple threads on this forum but none of the solutions helped me I've tried switching HDD's reinstalling Windows Tested my ram with Memtest for hours no issues Tested HDD's no bad sectors found I've Random freezing / have to hard reset. used HWinfo to check the voltages and Random freezing / have to hard reset. temperatures they seem to be fine even under full Prime torture tests spiking around to degrees Celsius under full burn My setup ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Intel Core i - k not overclocked GB DDR RAM - x GB CMX GX M A C ASUS DRW- F ST drive TB SAMSUNG HD SJ TB SEAGATE ST DM - ER MSI NVIDIA Geforce GTX Creative Soundblaster Z PSU OCZ MXSP Watercooling Corsair H i LCD Fan-controller BitFenix CoolerMaster HAFX case I must say the options the motherboard has listed in the BIOS are overwhelming Tons of options and features which are all set to quot auto quot No idea if this contributes to the freezing It's not something that was present before Random freezing / have to hard reset. It started happening about weeks ago Nothing has changed in my setup I even started thinking about the humidity in the air causing system instability so I turned on a DE-humidifier to no avail Thanks in advance for helping me

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54703-random-freezing-have-hard-reset.html