Windows Support Forum

Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features

Q: Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features

One of my systems out of four Spellcheck with 365 apps features extra Word/Outlook (2016) Office that all have recently about weeks back been completely reloaded for Office including a full run of the MS uninstaller app first now has a feature that Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features many people have asked for but MS has yet to restore On this one system spellcheck works in a way I Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features have never seen and I would LOVE to get the same functionality onto the other systems if possible In our office ONE other person out of also seems to have lucked out and gotten the same setup but no one else has This is Office Business installing the App package All users have the same option which is Office Insider Slow Ver build The spellcheck feature I am seeing like this is in the desktop software not the Cloud version On the one quot special quot copy Spellcheck has become a much More useful and handy option Any misspelled word is underlined in the usual red squiggly line but after that right clicking it brings up many new options to correct It has the usual suggested correct spellings - but - now each of them is accompanied by a short dictionary-like definition of the word when spelled that way PLUS they each have another black arrow that if clicked offers to read the word aloud and more important offers to make that spelling of the word into an Auto-correct option Right There No need to jump through all the usual hoops to get it added This same 'feature' also works in Word and all the other Office Desktop Apps on that one system I have tried to check everything i can find that would indicate any new or different version of anything but cannot find a single change that is different between it and the other three systems my email address is licensed on Nor can i find anything in Windows configs that is different I have nothing in common with the one other person who also somehow ended up with this new setup either This actions look a little like a grammar check but isn't Words that are spelled correctly but are not the right word for the sentence as used are underlined in a double blue line which can be clicked to get the same options along with their definitions I have asked in several MS forums about this but gotten no replies to answer the mystery I did run across a few posts from people asking MS to restore the option for adding the quot auto correct quot direct from the right click on the misspelled word as it used to be Also a statement from MS that this was a planned FIX to happen this year I dont want to scrub too deeply on the one system as i am afraid this new feature will stop working and I dont want to lose it If anyone else has seen this and knows what it is or how to control it I would surely like to know how to activate it on my other systems

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/68261-office-365-2016-apps-word-outlook-spellcheck-extra-features.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Office 365 with (2016) apps Word/Outlook Spellcheck extra features

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 84.28%

Office Installation Routine Deleting Older Stand-alone Apps I can't Office 2013 not 2016 Apps Office with Standalone compatible say I wasn't warned I was part way through installing Microsoft Office on my primary workstation when I got a message Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps that said quot Stop you should wait to install Office quot The error message went on to say that if I decided to continue anyway my copy of Microsoft Visio Standard would be removed Since I had the original disk from when I purchased the software I went ahead Bad move It turns out that when Microsoft says that Visio won't work with Office it means it won't even have the chance to work Any attempt to reinstall the software will be thwarted The fact that you paid for the software is beside the point You're basically out of luck When I Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps went to the Microsoft community forums which is where Microsoft handles much of its tech support I discovered that I wasn't alone Apparently hundreds of people who'd purchased stand-alone Microsoft Office products were affected and they weren't happy about it Furthermore the problem extended far beyond Visio Users with Microsoft Project Publisher Access InfoPath and SharePoint Designer were also affected Likewise Microsoft customers who purchased Office Apps that are normally part of Office suites but may have been purchased separately such as Outlook were also affected More here Office Installation Routine Deleting Older Stand-alone Apps Special offer for customers with Office and Office standalone applications Office and standalone Office applications purchased separately via a retailer and not part of a suite of applications cannot be installed on the same device To resolve this issue you'll need to upgrade your standalone applications to the Office version of the products Please contact Accounts amp billing at the Microsoft Answer Desk to obtain a free upgrade for your qualifying standalone applications More here Special offer for customers with Office and Office standalone applications - Office Support

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/45110-office-2016-not-compatible-office-2013-standalone-apps.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Im a small time programmer in india. I live in punjab a beautiful state.
Ok... about this post.

I have made a spellcheck for my language ie. Punjabi
It doesnot uses any external libraries and completly coded in VB by me.
It's perfect in ALMOST every way, ie. looks, word suggestions, dictionaries. etc etc.

I was wondering if someone could suggest me some special features i can put in it.

It has all basic featurer present in other spellchecks (aspell, word).

Please don't critisize me for this selfish post. I have to give a copy of it tomorrow and don't want them to think it's just a waste of money.

If the feature requires more time than i have to develop, then also sugest please as it will help me a lot.

waiting for a reply soon. ill check for answers after every hour.

cassamine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/features-of-spellcheck-in-punjabi.133447/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53270-migrating-outlook-office-2013-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

A:Migrating Outlook from Office 2013 to Office 2016

You didn't say what types of accounts they are, but mostly likely there isn't a way, unless there is a third-party tool or these are Exchange accounts.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/53270-migrating-outlook-office-2013-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

it's possible that Office was installed improperly, i cannot open any other non Windows app, they all open to Office Word. is this a virus?

System Restore opens to Office, Control Panel works normally. How can I fix this?

A:Office 2010- the other apps have Word icons and open to Office.

Is this a legally liensed version of MS Office?

Sounds as if you didn't install Office...who did, in that case?

When was Office installed?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548953/office-2010-the-other-apps-have-word-icons-and-open-to-office/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have used my Office Outlook syncing with my Msn com email Restarting outlook.com when sync Office to with trying 2016 Outlook for years and as of my outlook Office Outlook 2016 Restarting when trying to sync with outlook.com started to have issues Nothing I did on the outlook synced up with the online emails nor anything that attacked that account my iPad iPhone but whatever I did on those reflected For example I deleted out my junk on Outlook and it would not reflect that change but I was still getting new emails into my Outlook I tried a couple of things then removed my msn com email and restarted When I tried to reconnect back to my email add email it would always restart office outlook Has done this every single day though I can retrieve and do everything from my apple products or through the online Outlook aka outlook live Office Outlook 2016 Restarting when trying to sync with outlook.com But since I have tons Office Outlook 2016 Restarting when trying to sync with outlook.com of windows open I don't need to try to keep track of my email when outlook did this the office products To make it more interesting my Gmail accounts are still all linked and working through the office outlook it's sad when google is working better than their Microsoft's own email system I have restarted repaired and done everything even checked my privacy settings which are all set up correctly Has anyone else had these issues and can help me

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/67328-office-outlook-2016-restarting-when-trying-sync-outlook-com.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I noticed an issue when saving Word docx files on Office It's slow I see a progress bar at the bottom right when it saves and it takes about seconds to save Okay it's large file with a couple hundred pages and a few hundred kb in size but surely it shouldn't take this long If I save files on older - doc format the saves are more or less instant It's worth noting that opening the docx file up is instantaneous no lag As a test I created another docx file a couple hundred pages large and just filled it with gobbledegook The same issue when Word 2016 (office docx saving slow subscription) 365 I saved it I tried switching to my wife's user account to test further and same issue so it's not user account specific It may Word 2016 (office 365 subscription) docx saving slow also be worth noting that although it's I default my save location to be local Now a caveat this happens only on manual saves within word If I finish editing and close word it prompts me to save on exit The file will then save in a milli second I tried the same docx file on my older much weaker laptop and saved it locally and it saves it much quicker sec approx The older laptop runs Office Is this a common problem Maybe I have a setting in office causing this but I wouldn't know what to start on There's nothing obvious and the setup of Word that I have is pretty much default I am not noticing same issue on other office applications such as excel It seems to specifically relate to docx files EDIT looks to be a big issue see http answers microsoft com en-us o a ae page I have the exact same symptoms as everyone here some suggestions say disable hardware acceleration but this relates to and I cannot find this option in unless I am being dense EDIT Ok found disable hardware acceleration Disabled it no effect Then found an option for 'allow background saves' Disabled that and it seems to of fixed it This is a bad bug that has manifested itself from and is still an issue Whilst reasonably happy one shouldn't have to disable a feature like this to make it work Anyway I hope someone has further pearls of wisdom or at the very least somebody will see this thread and be able to implement the workaround to make things work well again Cheers Wayne

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/37958-word-2016-office-365-subscription-docx-saving-slow.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I have been running Exchange server 2010 on our network and recently subscribed to Office 365 online. I can access email ok on line through the Office 365 portal but cannot get Outlook 2016 on my PC to link with the online mail.

Outlook 2016 on my PC (Windows 10, 64 bit machine) appears to be only trying to connect to the local exchange server.
I have not yet switched off the exchange server but have removed my email account from the system.

I tried to create a new profile for 2016 but it cannot find my online email account (autodiscover was reported as working ok when I set up the online account and ISP MX records etc)

Thanks for any help.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/42945-linking-outlook-2016-office-365-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello Team Installed Office bit on Windows bit nbsp Installation was successful but soon as we try to launch Excel Word etc this error api-ms-win-crt-heap-l - - dll is missing pops up Is it the issue with VC REDIST update not getting installed correctly along with MS Office but installation was fine without any errors We tried reinstalling VC REDIST it can an option to repair and uninstall as if its already there and so we removed and tried installing again and got quot Unspecified error quot Came to know for installing VC nbsp REDIST need to have a patch installed Windows -KB -x msu which is already available in MSOffice installation folder under hotfixes Tried manual installation of nbsp Windows -KB -x msu and it said this is not applicable to your machine So forcefully installed this nbsp Windows -KB -x msu using DISM exe command and it 8.1 2016 bit Errors 64 etc) in 64 Gives installation api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll like is Office open bit (Excel,Word missing does not after Windows got installed And after the above patch installation installed VC REDIT update successfully Tried launching Excel got the same error as mentioned earlier Uninstalled Office and Reinstalled with REDIST already installed still same error on opening Excel etc nbsp but only this VC REDIST will get installed if we try VC REDIST normal setup without update it will give error we tried after removing the existing VC REDIST with update Please suggest help how to fix is it a compatibilty issue with Windows and Office Thanks Jos

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/65d66711-9e54-4f12-a8ec-8e3b66f98710/office-2016-64-bit-excelword-etc-does-not-open-after-installation-in-windows-81-64-bit-gives?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 70.52%

Performed a clean install of Win 10 14332 and all is working well with the exception of installing my corporate MS Exchange email via Office 2016.

The issue is when I launch MS Outlook and provide the appropriate credentials (email, password, etc.) I receive the additional MS Security prompting for the corporate MS Exchange email/account (password (email or Domain account). The issue, even though the MS Security box is present I can?t click the field to enter the password and MS Outlook (32) goes into a Not Responding status in task manager ? see below.

Never had this issue in the past until this latest build ? installed successfully on every prior build. Any advice/direction would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Win 10 Pro 14332 and Office 2016 - Outlook Install Issue

Sorry posted in wrong forum - mod please move to appropriate forum...

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/48540-win-10-pro-14332-office-2016-outlook-install-issue.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have recently installed Office Professional Plus 2016 (the full package, with nothing left out, as well as Outlook 2016). However, I recently discovered that Outlook 2016 doesn't support the Business Contact Manager addin.

So, can I install only Outlook 2013 (and BCM) alongside Office 2016, without removing/breaking either? Does anyone else have this setup working without issues?

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33851-install-outlook-2013-alongside-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello there i don t now if i post this thread in the right section because my problem may have more than one cause I have a normal computer using a windows bit professional edition Last time i have two crashes of my HDD so now im using x GB WD hardisks one with the copied system from old HDD and one for media purposes Last time when i have the computer in the repair and i take it home i was unable to launch OFFICE system from of apps word all in shortcuts the 2007 Office launch from the start menu it says that cant find a main executable files of apps included so i set it From that moment my word is launching every time i start the computer a click on someone shortcut of application not only office shortcut for example when i click on Internet explorer shortcut pinned in the startmenu it lauch a word a show me table with the selection of decoding the file iexplore exe but when i open Office word 2007 launch from all shortcuts of apps in the system file folder where is it placed and click on it Internet Explorer will launch So all apps are do this when the office is installed but when not nothing happens all is working normal and also icons are normnal Have idea Thank very much GIGN

A:Office word 2007 launch from all shortcuts of apps in the system

Ok guys,

i have solved my problem by reinstaling windows and now i have a cracked office 2010 standart 32 bit and everything works fine.

please this post. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/111565-office-word-2007-launch-all-shortcuts-apps-system.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Whenever I try to send an office 2007 document through email directly from the document by right clicking and going to "send", it will not open outlook AND in order to use outlook after that, I need to reboot the computer. I am using a Dell Inspriron 1545 running Vista. I can send email just fine if I open outlook first and then attach the document...just not directly from the document.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-hangs-in-ms-office-apps.881101/
Relevancy 65.79%

so jump lists via my taskbar and windows 10, I'm not having much joy :-(

I've just got a new desktop (Jan 2016) with windows 10 pre-loaded and I installed office 2010 - jump lists didn't work - so I thought I'll uninstall and install office 2016 64bit - jump lists still don't work arrggggg!

But they work for IE and notepad and file explorer but not for firefox or photoshop elements.

I've tried deleting the files from:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations
and rebooting but to no avail

any ideas anyone????

I really need jump lists working for Excel & Word.

srv

A:Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Hmm, jumplists work perfect for me with office 2007. You aren't the only one having this issue

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/41821-jump-lists-not-working-word-2016-excel-2016-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

so jump lists via my taskbar and windows 10, I'm not having much joy :-(

I've just got a new desktop (Jan 2016) with windows 10 pre-loaded and I installed office 2010 - jump lists didn't work - so I thought I'll uninstall and install office 2016 64bit - jump lists still don't work arrggggg!

But they work for IE and notepad and file explorer but not for firefox or photoshop elements.

I've tried deleting the files from:
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations
and rebooting but to no avail

any ideas anyone????

I really need jump lists working for Excel & Word.

srv

A:Jump Lists Not working for Word 2016 or Excel 2016

Hmm, jumplists work perfect for me with office 2007. You aren't the only one having this issue

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41821-jump-lists-not-working-word-2016-excel-2016-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

When you go to restart and Outlook (XP) is open, you get a message about all Office apps needing to be shut down first. Is there any way of avoiding this annoyance?

A:Avoiding the Quit all Office apps message with Outlook

It's not an annoyance, it's more of a safety precaution. Keeps yor filesfrom getting corrupted or damaged by closing down the app improperly. It would be like throwing the power switch with an application running....just shut them down, it only takes a couple of extra seconds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avoiding-the-quit-all-office-apps-message-with-outlook.66614/
Relevancy 64.5%

Why does my spell check not immediately pick up spelling errors yet if I copy and paste text from the net it works fine, but if I type up my own document it refuses to point out spelling mistakes with those red underlines. E.g I type in kjhghg and it will not go underlined. On top of that I've been to options and check grammer while you type is checked. Whats going on???? help me please

A:Weird Spellcheck-Office 2000

Sounds like your normal.dot file, which is the template for all new documents, has "no proofing" selected in the language.

To fix it, open a blank document, hit Tools-Language-Set Language. Pick a language and hit the default button. The first option in the list is "no proofing", which I believe you'll find is currently selected.

Let me know.

------------------
~dreamboat~
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
Brainbench

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-spellcheck-office-2000.37862/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Guys,

I am running Word 97 on Windows XP. With regards to the spellcheck. How can I get the spellcheck to rerun itself after I get the message. "The Spell/grammer check is complete?" I receive the same prompt both from the toolbar and the main menu prompt. Thank you.

Jack

Relevancy 64.5%

Here's the deal. Someone is having issues with Word documents where spellchecking the document will come up with some errors, but others are ignored. I know how to change that setting for a single document, but what I want to know is if there is a way to change that setting for every document that is opened in her Word program. Right now if she opens a document she selects all, clicks Review, clicks Set Language, and completely clears the checkbox labeled "Do not check spelling or grammar." Is there a way to make this the default for all documents including ones already created?

Relevancy 64.5%

I am British, but whenever I use word, the spellcheck is in american. Whenever I try to change the language, both from at the top, or from the 'dictionaries' option in spellcheck, it just reverts back to US. How do I change it permanently, so it won't revert back?

A:word 97 spellcheck languages

un-install office 97 and re-install it...during re-installling..explore Word and you can choose the language for spellcheck and un check us "Yanks"...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-97-spellcheck-languages.59912/
Relevancy 64.07%

So I just installed Oe Use For Can 2007 Spellcheck Dictionary French From Office Only Microsoft Office minus Outlook because I use OE Oe Can Only Use French Dictionary For Spellcheck From Office 2007 on my new laptop and because of a screwup by M the spellcheck in Oe Can Only Use French Dictionary For Spellcheck From Office 2007 OE can only use the French dictionary Wah-- I've tried changing the default to English only in Word but Oe Can Only Use French Dictionary For Spellcheck From Office 2007 it didn't matter I looked it up and found this option http www outlook-tips net archives htmIf you install Office spell checking in Outlook Express may not work as expected unless you want spell check in French This is because Office uses new proofing tools and OE can't use them because it's designed to use the older tools It's easy to fix install just the proofing tools from your previous version of Office using the custom install option You can get them from any older Office suite or application - including FrontPage Publisher or standalone versions of Word Excel or Outlook To install just the proofing tools from Office run Office setup and choose the custom option Uncheck all programs in the list and add a check to choose the options at the bottom of the programs list No the nest screen set each top level item to be Not Available red X icon Expand the Office Shared Features branch and locate Proofing tools in the list Expand proofing tools and choose English setting it to Run from my computer Finish the installation Once installed restart OE - go to Tools Options and verify Spelling is configured to use the correct English dictionary I still have Office on my old laptop but don't have the disk handy though I can get it if needed I'm wondering if there's a way to just copy a certain file from my old computer to the new one to fix the problem instead of actually doing an quot install quot of that part from Office I also saw the option of using a third-party dictionary for OE which is what M actually suggests on their site and saw this one http www majorgeeks com download php det but I am a bit nervous about downloading installing a file that isn't shown to be spyware free Anybody know anything about this Would this be safe to use And if so how would I do it Any help is appreciated -- thanks

A:Oe Can Only Use French Dictionary For Spellcheck From Office 2007

I have office 2007 professional completely installed including Outlook. I still use OE and have no problem with the dictionary at all. My solution to the problem is I also have word from office XP installed and OE uses the proofing tools from that. The 3rd party spell checker you have should work fine. If you want to fix it without using 3rd party software install word from office 2003 that you have and use that instead of word 2007. You don't have to uninstall word 2007 for this to work just don't use it as the rest of office 2007 may need word 2007 to function.
Anyway, if you fix it my way or additional spell checker way, It'll be fine.

Hope that helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123040/oe-can-only-use-french-dictionary-for-spellcheck-from-office-2007/
Relevancy 63.64%

The spell-check function on Word doesn not Word 2007-- working. spellcheck t seem to be working For instance it recognizes djgfig as as word I ve fiddled with the Proofing settings in the Options menu gotten nothing and set them back to the say they were Still nothing Here are several things that might be worth noting - My wife has her own desktop on the same computer Word 2007-- spellcheck not working. She s the computer s Administrator if that matters Her version of Word works just fine I ve matched all the setting and options that I can find to hers and the problem persists - The grammar check seems to work when I turn it on I usually have it turned off For example Sznaki djgfig is recognized as a grammatical error but not a spelling error I get the little green squiggly line but not the red one hit F and after mentioning the semicolon use it tells me that the check is complete Help I really don t want to have to re-install Word nbsp

A:Word 2007-- spellcheck not working.

Hi http://mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=1697 seems to have a solution but I haven't tried it myself to verify

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2007-spellcheck-not-working.797038/
Relevancy 63.64%

Ok time to ask someone before I have no hair left - Created a Word template with form fields. When I protect document for users they can't use spellcheck in the form fields without unlocking, and even then it won't check the form fields, just the other text.

Online I found a Spellcheck sample document with a macro that actually runs the spellcheck and it works! There were directions on how to move it into my template, but everytime I do and try the spellcheck while the template is protected it fails and the editor comes up with a debug problem. My problem: I don't know what I'm doing at that point - not a programmer and can't figure out what errors it is pointing out. Have tried on both Mac and PC and it acts the same. Any ideas? Anyone? Please?? It's driving me nuts.

A:Help with spellcheck in protected Word templates

macgirl,
More than likely, the macro is trying to unprotect your doc using the wrong password. You must edit the macro and change the password to your document's password. It may be in 2 spots, 1 to unprotect and 1 to reprotect. Go to Tools, Macro, Visual Basic Editor to do this.

Hope this helps. I'm no expert but had this same problem with mine until I realized it.

Thanks,
Chris

macgirl56 said:

Ok time to ask someone before I have no hair left - Created a Word template with form fields. When I protect document for users they can't use spellcheck in the form fields without unlocking, and even then it won't check the form fields, just the other text.

Online I found a Spellcheck sample document with a macro that actually runs the spellcheck and it works! There were directions on how to move it into my template, but everytime I do and try the spellcheck while the template is protected it fails and the editor comes up with a debug problem. My problem: I don't know what I'm doing at that point - not a programmer and can't figure out what errors it is pointing out. Have tried on both Mac and PC and it acts the same. Any ideas? Anyone? Please?? It's driving me nuts.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-spellcheck-in-protected-word-templates.456911/
Relevancy 63.64%

Whenever I do a spellcheck on a Word document, there is a default language of English (US). I have lost count of the times I have rest this to English (UK) only to find that the next time I go back to the same document, it is set at English (US). How on earth do I turn my chosen language into the default?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

A:Word for Windows Spellcheck Problem

Jimmy_the_one said:

Whenever I do a spellcheck on a Word document, there is a default language of English (US). I have lost count of the times I have rest this to English (UK) only to find that the next time I go back to the same document, it is set at English (US). How on earth do I turn my chosen language into the default?

Any suggestions gratefully received.Click to expand...

How to tell Word to use UK English or other non-US form of English.

To get Word to default to (eg) UK English, you must set four (yes, four) settings:
1. In Windows, in the Control Panel, go to Regional and Language Settings. On the Regional Options tab, choose your language.
2. Still in the Regional and Languages Settings, on the Languages tab, click the Details button. Set the Default Input Language to the language of your choice. In the Installed services box, delete any language you don't want. (Note that for, eg, UK English, the Keyboard setting will still be in the US. That's OK. That's just the way it is.)
3. Do Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools. Find the Language Settings tool. Choose the language you want, and delete all other languages.

4. Start Word. If it does not open with a blank document, do ctrl-n to create a new document.

Before Word 2007: Open the Language dialog box using Tools > Language > Set Language. Select the language you want.
After Word 2007: Click the Pizza button > Word Options. Click the Language Settings button.
You're now at the Language dialog box (Figure 2). This is the box where you can't delete US English. You must do two things here:
Select your preferred language.
Now, click the Default button, and then say "Yes".

Language dialog box. You can't delete US English. Just make sure your preferred language is selected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-for-windows-spellcheck-problem.737118/
Relevancy 63.64%

I have windows xp and as a medical transcriptionist use my word spellchecker in which i have the Dorlands Medical spellchecker installed for my Word problems..help! constant Spellcheck daily job no problems at all until for no reason about weeks ago every time i went into my spellcheker to check my documents for errors the first word in my report Word Spellcheck constant problems..help! that i had to correct or change the spellchecker freezes up immediately making me control-shift-escape to close the program and go all the way out come back in find the word document and then use the spellchecker again and this time it is totally fine throughout the document This is really irritating i have not added changed or subtracted anything recently to my system to my computer or anything to word I really hate to have to reload Word as it has taken me months to compile a custom set of rules to my spellchecker quot autotext quot and i hate to lose that list by reloading word Is there any way to correct this in spellchecker thanks for any ideas Barb nbsp

A:Word Spellcheck constant problems..help!

You didn't say which version of Word you have. I have Word 2002 and if you open word, select Help on the menu bar you can then select Detect and Repair. If it is needed, you might have to insert the CD into your CD-ROM with the Word installation on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-spellcheck-constant-problems-help.415248/
Relevancy 63.64%

I am using Word 2007 and the spellchecker is not worrking properly. It corrects grammer and capitalises the first letter of a sentence but will not check spelling mistakes. I have checked word options and all the correct boxes are ticked. Any ideas?

A:Word 2007 Spellcheck not working

One user reported a corrupt user account caused weird problems with spellcheck, they created a new user account, restarted the system, logged in under the new account and spellcheck worked perfectly.

Or if you already have another user account log into that one and try it.

Also you can try a repair of Word.

Scroll down to "Repair Word (Office)"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822005

Other repair options
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/EN-US

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-2007-spellcheck-not-working.893897/
Relevancy 63.21%

office 2007, win xp

2 problems:
spellcheck doesnt work. with previous versions of office, if something wrong was written, there would be red or green sqirlies under the wrong words, but there arent any.

while i have a western language win xp version, i have also set a non-western keyboard input as default, although it is set to western alphabet. the problem is, when i start word (not with powerpoint) it always auto starts in the non western alphabet mode. how do i change the input to auto start in western alphabet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-spellcheck-and-keyboard-input-problem.1043818/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello folks! I have a "tight" question. I'm in search for two spellcheckers of Russian language. One I will use with my Office 2k3, and other one (another computer) with Office 2k7. I only find something in that regards on Microsoft's web page for $225 for 2K3 and $275 for 2k7, and that will change my whole interface to Russian, but all I need is to add a Russian spellcheck to both of my offices. Please help. Freeware is very WELCOME!
Thank you!
If this is not in the right section, please edit this out and move it to the right one!
Thank you

A:Solved: Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007 Spellcheck

ilyabyk1983 said:

Hello folks! I have a "tight" question. I'm in search for two spellcheckers of Russian language. One I will use with my Office 2k3, and other one (another computer) with Office 2k7. I only find something in that regards on Microsoft's web page for $225 for 2K3 and $275 for 2k7, and that will change my whole interface to Russian, but all I need is to add a Russian spellcheck to both of my offices. Please help. Freeware is very WELCOME!
Thank you!
If this is not in the right section, please edit this out and move it to the right one!
Thank youClick to expand...

Please CLOSE or delete this thread!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-microsoft-office-2003-and-2007-spellcheck.657734/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have no Idea what's going on.. I kinda.. the setting check box doesn't seem to want to budge, It turned gray on meee!!

I can't click it, sadly, so It doesn't spell check anything D:

Vista - Home Basic
Microsoft Enterprise 2007

Btw, I'm new here, and quite impressed on how when you put an image here, It shows the image in the message box, instead of

Relevancy 61.92%

Can anyone assist. I have regular shutdowns of outlook and word (v2003) in my windows xp computer.

The computer was purchased by a friend at a uk computer fair and apparently the licence key is bulk one and is not valid, so i am unable to get proper updates to windows as well!

I obviously need to purchase/ upgrade windows which I will do

my question is; will that solve the problem?
Does anyone have a workaround solution?
Does anyone know the cheapest way to get a valid copy of xp in the UK? There is a form to fill in on Microsofts web site for a £90 upgrade but that does look a bit scary with the questions being asked.

Thanks
Ollie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-word-outlook-needs-to-close.453371/
Relevancy 61.92%

Are there any differences between office 365 home and office 2016 pro when you compared their installations of word, excel, power point and publisher?
For example, is Word from O365 the same as Word in Office 2016? Or does one have more options/features than the other?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440939-difference-between-office-365-office-installation-office-2016-pro-plus.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey Guys. I am running windows XP Home edition on a Dell Dimension 8300. What note keeping, letter writing, spread sheet ect. program would you suggest I use. I want something simple to use as I am "not great" on a computer yet. Is there a site to down load from and/or get it at a cheep price or even for free?

Also, is there a easy way to have a spell check tab on my Browser or some where to be able to run spell checks where ever and when ever I want?

Thanx so much! Timex

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,
OK I have read many threads and posts about the solution "ZeroConfigExchange". But it does'nt work for my Windows 10 clients.

Windows 10 x64Office 2016Office 365 / Azure AD accountsClient computer is join with Azure AD so the users login with Office 365 accountsNo On-promise AD, only Azure ADAutoDiscover and modern authentication works with sharepoint and Outlook 2016Dword "ZeroConfigExchange" = 1 is created in both regkeys for all users
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\AutoDiscover
Problem
When I start Outlook 2016 for first time users it still prompts the "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard where I have to create a profile.

What am I doing wrong?
Best regards

A:Outlook 2016 skip "Welcome to Outlook 2016" setup wizard

It will be best for you if you ask this question in a forum dedicated solely to MS Office Outlook 2016.
I recommend that you use this forum :
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...=1460639513346

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/47269-outlook-2016-skip-welcome-outlook-2016-setup-wizard.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Folks,

The title of the thread says it all really.

I have legitimate copy of Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate on my PC. I have just bought a copy of Office 2016 Professional Plus through the HUP.

I haven't installed Office 2016 yet - I use Office 2010 at work and find using Custom Animations in PowerPoint tricky compared to Office 2007.

I'd like to install Office 2016 alongside Office 2007 until I have tried Office 2016 to see if the Custom Animations in PP are easier than the 2010 version before switching completely.

My question is, can I install Office 2016 alongside Office 2007 without conflicts - switching between versions without a problem or will installing Office 2016 screw Office 2007 or worse FUBAR both Office installations or my PC.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Zaph

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/393297-can-i-install-office-2016-alongside-office-2007-without-conflict.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Something has gone wrong with my Spell Check in Outlook Express. It tells me every word is wrong and offers crazy substitutes.

A:Outlook Express Spellcheck

The spell check in OE is based off of Word, so make sure the Spell Check works in Word and is the right language.

If its Office 2007 that you have then there are known issues, best solution is to install another spell check.

Here's a popular replacement: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spelloe.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-spellcheck.930599/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Spanish version of the Office Premium Suite for some reason although I have clicked on added languages - English a variety problems and Outlook spellcheck of them in the language configuration in my program spellcheck and Outlook problems menu I cannot use the spell check or grammar for English in any of the Office program Word gives me a message saying I am missing msgr EN dll or msgr EN dll and MSSpell dll or mssp dll Outlook doesn t give me any message it just does not recognize English and does not give me the option in the spelling menu options tab It worked before a recent re-installation and now I have re-installed twice and tried putting in the disc and clicking repair no change Could it have something to do with the fact that my version of windows which I re-installed after a disc cleanup is slightly older than the version of windows that the computer shop installed the time before I had some problems several months ago Also outlook does not allow me to maintain the names in the little white bars of my address book pages only the e-mail addresses I type in And sometimes freezes if I try to send multiple mails from my address book the Microsoft help line is hopeless help please thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I transferred I E with Outlook Express from an older computer, but when I try to use spellcheck,it tells me that "good" words are bad,etc----anyone have experience with this ?

A:Outlook Express Spellcheck

Its your custom dictionary that needs updated.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/302728/outlook-express-spellcheck/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello there,

I have been trying to collect all of my back-up necessary files into my "My Documents" folder, so I don't have to maintain a list or archive of all the different locations of them. I can just backup or copy the Documents folder regularly and as needed.

I would like to know where the user dictionary is for Office 2010 - Word & Outlook, the one that is created when you click "Add to Dictionary" in Spell Check? Then I want to know if I can direct Office 2010 to put it in the My Documents folder?

Thanks to you for any help you can give me. Best regards,

~Antonio

A:Where is User Dictionary - Office 2010-Word & Outlook?

Hi antonio.

Go to the Backstage (the tab to the left of the home tab, normally marked file), and select options then proofing - under custom dictionaries you will see your user dictionaries listed

You can copy and paste these to wherever you wish and then point this dialogue to the new location. this will still work as before but with the dictionaries in a safe location

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/74860-where-user-dictionary-office-2010-word-outlook.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi First time here as I'm "save 2003 as" outlook word won't and - - close box Office usually about to fix my own computer issues Since my son got in somewhere on one of my computers whenever I open Microsoft Outlook or Word the quot save as quot dialog box appears wanting for me to save whatever at random In Outlook especially if I open it and receive an email it'll wish for me to save the title of whatever it is as "save as" box won't close - Office 2003 - outlook and word quot whatever quot htm I'll continually cancel to not save anything try to save what it wants me to "save as" box won't close - Office 2003 - outlook and word etc BUT it will continue to pop up The same happens in word where I'm rendered helpless as it wishes for me to quot save as quot quot Doc quot all the time I'm not able to do anything else and neither program will close unless I open up task manager to quot end task quot This has been going on for a week now and have had to manage my email on my ISP's webmail website I've done virus scans - norton even disabled it as I know it's a FUN program performed office updates clicked on the HELP - detect and repair but no avail I'm thinking that my next step will be is to uninstall and reinstall after exporting my mail folders What do you think it could be Lisa

A:"save as" box won't close - Office 2003 - outlook and word

Control-S is stuck on your keyboard?

Have you tried a different keyboard on your machine?

That's about all I can think of.

Also, grab a better Antivirus, such as AVG from www.grisoft.com

M

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/24037/save-as-box-wont-close-office-2003-outlook-and-word/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I am using the SDLC Threat Modelling tool 2016 by Microsoft on a Windows 10 virtual Box 32-bit.

When I am trying to generate a final report, it discards all the different risk ratings for each threat, and instead of having the respective high, medium, low levels next to each threat, it produces a html report putting only high next to each
one of them.

Any help?

Regards,

Ioannis (Yannis) Kostakis
Cyber Security Specialist

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5e68812d-fcf6-4359-9c35-fb9755852f2b/question-you-are-subscribed-to-this-thread-applies-to-windows-apps-on-windows-10-other-windows-apps?forum=mata
Relevancy 60.63%

Looking for some more feedback regarding Office 2016, Office 365 C2R [Sandboxie Paid versions]

General feed back [Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.]
Problems?
Annoyances? Quirks?
Outlook email..
Performance? Speed, loading, etc.
Saving documents? Editing documents?
.....Anything else.

If you would like a TRIAL key to test as well, and a chance for Sandboxie gifts, please email @ [email protected]

We'd like to try and fix any outstanding issues as the stable version comes out for SBIE and before (hopefully) Red-stone update of Windows 10.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-and-office-2016-office-365-c2r-feedback-any-issues.60517/
Relevancy 60.2%

Here is an example

AS you can see, I tried to change the setting from public to private because this is a desktop not a laptop, and what do I see when I return? It added duplicate entries for everything! WTH? I can remove some but not all, like utorrent I can't remove any of those but wth?

A:Can't remove Allows apps and features

Nevermind I reset the firewall and installed mcafee instead, oh well

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21028-cant-remove-allows-apps-features.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
iam currently recieving e-mail which i need to spell check , whenever i try to run the spellcheck program, after certain spell-checks an error pops up saying that Dutch (belgium) .dll is missing, what can i do to arrange this missing file .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microssoft-outlook-spellcheck-error.196998/
Relevancy 60.2%

ok...so i got a new dell pc tues with windows xp...i thought word, excel, pwr pt, etc, were part of xp...hahaha...nope...i got wordperfect...

today, i tried to run an email thru spellcheck in oe6...hahaha...the ''help'' section says spellcheck won't work w/out word or excell installed on pc...

so...i instaled my microsoft works 97...i made oe6 my default email...the spellchk icon highlighted...i wrote an email and clicked the spellcheck...

here's my error msg...

outlook express
[big red x] ''an error occured while the spelling was being checked.''

help!
ty,
joy

btw...the spellcheck works in outlook but not outlook express 6

A:outlook express 6 spellcheck problem

omg...i misspelled ''occurred'' ...see why i need spellcheck? how embarrassing!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-express-6-spellcheck-problem.98332/
Relevancy 59.77%

A colleague has had a persistent problem with Outlook 2002 running under Windows XP on an HP laptop: When he carried out a spellcheck on a message, it would sometimes crash the program. Outlook closed and on restart had to wait through a lengthy check of the mail files before he could start using it again.

He has recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, partially in the hope that this fault would be eliminated. No such luck! The program still crashes about once a day with he same symptoms.

The error in the log is as fiollows:

Fault bucket 362195512.

Hanging application OUTLOOK.EXE, version 11.0.8118.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

I have run comboscan in the hope that someone can suggest a fix. I have attached the two resulting logs.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Peter (Wingletang)

Relevancy 59.77%

I am having an issue with outlook 2007.

I have a number of signatures installed which i used as templates for common emails. however when using signatures outlook is not checking any spellings. Even if it is in text above the signatures.

My only way to get this to work is under the spelling options-set language and tick and then untick the "Do not check spelling and grammar box". (This is intially highlighted in blue as MS shows when it coveres multiple sections with different settings).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2007-spellcheck-issue-when-using-signatures.841947/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey y'all,

Been searching for this answer the past day & am stumped.

The long subject tells the tale but here is more detail.

I have a Word 2K doc that I want to fax to my clients automatically. Their fax numbers are in my Access 2K database. I used mailmerge and found my data source, click merge, get the merge dbox and select electronic mail. Help I found said this is what is used for faxes as there is no fax option. I click setup & select my data field w/fax numbers. When I click merge I get a check names box from Outlook 2K saying no matches found for my # in the db. I've tried the testing from MSKB, everything checks out. I have removed check names in Outlook. I'm at the end of my rope. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Steve

A:Solved: Office 2K: FAX a Word doc to clients, # in Access, @ merge Outlook wants # from conta

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-2k-fax-a-word-doc-to-clients-in-access-merge-outlook-wants-from-conta.518049/
Relevancy 59.34%

I want to install office 2016 over office 2013. what will be the correct procedure. please note that I am also using outlook 2013.
Please suggest..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-install-office-2016-over-office-2013.1169818/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there

It looks like that a Student and Teacher edition of Office 2016 will be available at around 90 GBP - 105 EUR while an Office 365 subscription will be around 60 GBP - 73 EUR for 1 year. Since the Student edition will work on 3 machines it seems to me the subscription model is bad value compared with Office 2016.

Now there might be a caveat -- not sure if OUTLOOK 2016 is included with Student and Teacher --we'll have to wait and see.

There *Might* also be an Upgrade price from Office 2010 / 2013 too.

Microsoft Office 2016 release date, price, news and features | TechRadar

Cheers
jimbo

A:Office 2016 price vs Office 365 subscription

No confirmation of price for full Pro editions?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/8535-office-2016-price-vs-office-365-subscription.html
Relevancy 58.91%

When I Alt + Tab in a game, there are 4-8 apps with blank icons, like Search, Networks, Snapped Desktop, and Immersive Background. Is there a way to remove them?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16398-extra-apps-alt-tab-switcher.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi.
My settings app keeps freezing, but only when I select System > Apps & features and System > Storage, at least as far as I am aware of.
I am running build 10586, but already had this problem in build 10571, the first one I had as an Insider for PC. Does anyone else has the same issue?

A:Why is my settings app freezing on system apps & features?

You're not alone. I'm having the same issue.
Oddly enough it's only happening to one of my 5 Win10 devices.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/393037-why-my-settings-app-freezing-system-apps-features.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm going to buy a new license of one of these product, so any suggest please?
I have used Bitdefender, Avast, Kaspersky ( about 3 years ago), I haven't used Norton and Trend Micro.

A:KIS 2016 vs NIS 2016 vs BIS 2016 vs Avast IS 2016 vs Trend Micro IS 2016

Out of all these,and your prerequisites,I would go with Kaspersky!
PS:This is from personal experience,and other members may have varying opinions!!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/kis-2016-vs-nis-2016-vs-bis-2016-vs-avast-is-2016-vs-trend-micro-is-2016.56405/
Relevancy 58.48%

I am currently using Symantec Endpoint Protection along with Zemana Anti Logger.

I've switched from Keycrambler Pro to Zemana. I've never experienced conflicts or anything with using Keyscrambler and Symantec Endpoint.

I do know that Zemana offers a couple of additional anti malware features that Keyscrambler does not, which is why i ask if it will conflict or effect functionality of Symantec Endpoint 12 in any kind of way.

Also, if i use VMWare to test to what antiviruses will catch what (i have several different versions of antiviruses that a couple friends are allowing me to use their licences), is there a chance that the viruses i put on there intentionally infect my machine, the one running the virtual machine, as long as i do not have my external hard drives plugged in?

Thanks in advance.

A:Will these 2 security apps conflict or offer redunant features?

While a conflict is possible, I can not think of any one singular thing between them which would cause it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/214004-will-these-2-security-apps-conflict-offer-redunant-features.html
Relevancy 58.48%

If I select Apps & Features under the system menu on Windows 10 I get the scrolling dots at the top of the window but no apps ever get listed, and eventually the window seems to time out and close itself. All of the other system menu options work fine and add/remove programs which I believe from reading around is linked into Apps & Features operates correctly.
I have run all the usual standard potential fixes like sfc /scannow and even utliised the Winfix for windows app on this very website, and nothing has been reported as being an issue. I tried re-imaging back to an early saved image of mine and the first time I clicked on Apps & Features it came up correctly but any subsequent selection went back to the same issue. I have literally tried everything and have so far come up blank (just like the menu option)!
Any thoughts?

A:Apps & Features in System Settings does not work in Windows 10

Ah so you're running windows 10, are you on the insider programme by any chance?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/441366-apps-features-system-settings-does-not-work-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

"Patch Tuesday" broke our install of Outlook 365. It was working fine on Monday and on Tuesday it was hanging on "Processing." So I restored back to the last restore point before the update and it worked great after that. Yesterday it re-installed the updates, and again Outlook didn't load. Restoring again today "fixed" it. Now it wants to update again, so I will disable updates until the problem is fixed. I don't know which particular "patch" is causing the problem; there were about 22 of them that installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/391363-outlook-2016-hangs-processing-after-windows-7-update-feb-9-2016-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)  and printer Slow When Connected To Network, But Fast When Not. with windwos vista , I have reintall the OS but still the same .
network environment  (Win server )

A:Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, Excel, Outlook) and printer Slow When Connected To Network, But Fast When Not.

Hi,

Please temporarily disable the third party security programs and boot in
Clean Boot
to test this issue.

Also, please
create a new user account
to test the issue.

Regards,

Sabrina
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click ?Mark as Answer? on the post that helps you, and to click ?Unmark as Answer? if a marked post does not actually answer your question.
This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5fe2f4d6-387b-4521-b217-8821bcc5b4ac/microsoft-office-2007-word-excel-outlook-and-printer-slow-when-connected-to-network-but-fast?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 57.19%

Running Windows 7 Premium 64 bitsteps to reproduce.  type appwiz.cpl in search window to open Programs & Features windowchange your view to 'details' (detailed view)right click on column headers & click 'More...', scroll down & add 'Last Used On' column to viewno installed apps have a 'Last Used On' value

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/876f2834-57ec-4af5-b423-2044d3c92278/last-used-on-column-in-programs-amp-features-appwizcpl-not-showing-information-for-any?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.19%

hi guys,

is it possible to install Office 2016 32 bit next to Office 2013 (64 bit)?

I hate reinstalling Office 2013 if the 2016 version is not good enough.

Have to many rules that i have to recreate every time, also to many mails i need to redirect to the junk mail.

thanks
Jeff

A:Office 2016 (32 bit) next to Office 2013 (64 bit)

Originally Posted by jeffrys

hi guys,

is it possible to install Office 2016 32 bit next to Office 2013 (64 bit)?
Jeff

No.

While possible it is not recommended to install multiple versions of Office on the same computer. But they both must be the same bits. The only way this could be done is to install one on a virtual machine.

https://support.office.com/en-au/art...7-b78c513788bf

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/4173-office-2016-32-bit-next-office-2013-64-bit.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have office 2000. Everytime I want to use one of its neat features I have to pull out the disk and have it installed. Is there a way to install all the features?

Relevancy 55.9%

Now! ESET has just released their newest security suite: ESET Smart Security 9 (2016 Edition). These products are on the top of security suites which are produced by giants on security companies. Most of them released 2016 editions of their products. I want to compare on their newest products with new features (such as on ESET: Banking Protection, Bitdefender: Ransomware Protection and new Firewall, etc...) and some enhanced features.

And now, which is your choose for your security? Please let me know your opinion!

A:Battle: Kaspersky IS 2016 vs ESET Smart Security 2016 vs Bitdefender IS 2016 vs Emsisoft IS 10

its hard choice choose between Eset,Kaspersky and Emsisoft.
in fact i never test Eset 2016, but i tested kaspersky and Emsisoft, Kaspersky 2016 really go lighter than Emsisoft(now i am Emsisoft useres)
by your budget and your interest u can choose Emsisoft or kaspersky.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/battle-kaspersky-is-2016-vs-eset-smart-security-2016-vs-bitdefender-is-2016-vs-emsisoft-is-10.52135/
Relevancy 55.04%

The latest windows 10 update crashed my office 2016 and won't let me open my word documents.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  I have run updates on the office 2016 with no results.  Here is the pop up I am getting when I try to open a document. [Window Title]Microsoft Word [Main Instruction]Microsoft Word has stopped working [Content]A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. [Close program]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/office-2016/td-p/5620503
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys
I'm trying to download Office 2016 preview. When I go to the download links it redirects me to a page to sign in to a personal Microsoft account. As i understand it you need a corporate O365 subscription to get the preview, which I have access to through my school. I just can't get it to authenticate with O365 business/education instead of the personal MS account. I don't have a personal O365 subscription either.

Cheers

A:How exactly do you get Office 2016?

You can download it with your MS account. Activation is another story ! Anyway you will have some time to play with it...

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/63714-how-exactly-do-you-get-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

First time post here, hope I follow all the rules.

Looking to acquire MS Office 2016 Professional. I have 4 computers, 3 tablets, 3 phones in the house. I have read different things about buying the software vs subscribing in terms of how many devices the software could be installed on. 2 computers use Windows 7, 1 uses Windows 8.1 and 1 uses Windows 10. Seeking advice/referrals on the best/most cost effective way to get MS Office on at least all the computers. All computers currently use MS Office 2007. Thanks.

A:Best way to get Office 2016

i would subscribe to put a standalone version of office on all those machines would be expensive

Assuming and average price of £120 for Office Home & Student
4 computers = £480 and does not include a tablet at that price

the subscription service at £80 per year and you can add to PCs and tablets upto 5 devices - so thats 6years to get a saving - And you are likely to change machines in that time

Also with the subscription you get the FULL version and all products (outlook, publisher - which would cost £250 )

unless you can find a multi-license version to run on 3 or more PCs
then the subscription maybe the way to go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-way-to-get-office-2016.1162159/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have Office 2003 and tried downloading and running 2016. It did the download as expected and put icons down in the task bar. When I clicked on the Excel tab, it said it would activate it if I put in my email address and phone number. The alternative was to enter the Product Key. Everything acted, again, as if all was well and then it said it had stopped running and I should shut it down. Repeated tries gave me the same results. Trying any other component (Word, Powerpoint, etc.) also caused an immediate crash. FWIW, my first attempts to use it were to bring up previous files made in the 2003 version. This install was done through a web site and was part of a group offer. Any thoughts? Was I supposed to uninstall the 2003 version first? There weren't any instructions.
I uninstalled it for now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/394743-office-2016-wont-run.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I got the ink features running in Word 2010 (tho' I don't know how), but when I next opened Word the ink features didn't show up. How do I re-enable them?

I'm using a Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet for my ink/digital writing.

A:Enable Ink Features In Word 2010

Click on the Review tab. It's on the far right.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/53956-enable-ink-features-word-2010-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

When I switched to Win 10 from 7, the template that contains Microsoft Word, brochures and other templates all worked fine. I had some trouble and had to re=install Win 10 and was told all my other work would be saved.

Most of it was, but had to re-install sever things, but mainly I have no access to Word, or the brochures and other things offered. I forget what it was called, but it offered several templates to use and I don't know how to install it as it appears MS wants to sell it to me when it came with my computer.

Thanks, hope this is the right forum.
Mishkyn

A:Word and other included features not working

Hi,

Have you looked here FREE TEMPLATES for some free templates from MS: -

Which/ what templates are you looking for?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/51486-word-other-included-features-not-working.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Is there a colored text & hi-liter version of Notepad for Win7?

Need a notepad with more features without having to open MS Word.

A:Need a notepad with more features without having to open MS Word.

Yes, it's called Wordpad and comes with Windows 7 under All Programs - Accessories.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/318205-need-notepad-more-features-without-having-open-ms-word.html
Relevancy 54.61%

If I'm not in the right forum please let me know. I have an HP Stream notebook 8.1. I got it not knowing that there wasn't much room on the harddrive. I have Onedrive cloud service through Microsoft office 2016/365. I don't use any of the Microsoft office progams, except for word and onedrive. I was wondering if there was a way to individually uninstall the programs I don't use or move all of it to onedrive to get it off my hard drive, as that seems to be whats taking up most of my space.

Thanks!

A:Microsoft office 2016/365

Hi cstull1217 Microsoft Office allows you to uninstall components separately. To do so, simply go in the Control Panel and uninstall Microsoft Office. It'll ask you if you want to uninstall Office, repair the installation, modify it, etc. Select the option to modify Office, and opt-out the ones you don't need before proceeding.https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Install-or-remove-individual-Office-2010-programs-and-components-aeb80df5-326c-4afc-8064-bd195f560753

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597443/microsoft-office-2016365/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi 
Cortana was working but stopped working today. I am in Canada. Windows 10 and Office 365
Regards
Tony
[email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f473d91b-d94e-485e-9adf-5e97d99519bb/windows-10-and-office-2016?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey everybody, I am awaiting Office 2016 Professional to be available to me through my college and I was wanting to know, what a lot of you think about it before I decide to make the upgrade to it when it becomes available to me

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/384019-opinions-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

hello!

how can I assign the ctrl_z to undo stuff in MS Office 2016?

I cant BELIEVE they removed the most important keyboard shortcut!

thanks!

A:ctrl_z in MS Office 2016

It does undo...

https://hardforum.com/threads/ctrl_z-in-ms-office-2016.1894028/
Relevancy 54.61%

1st July 2016

New Version of Office 2016 Available
Version 16.0.6965.2063
Downloaded and installed ok

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55000-new-version-office-2016-available.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a laptop with Windows 10. I purchased and installed Office 2016 I figured out how to update windows but don't think office is being updated. How do I update 2016?

A:Need help updating Office 2016

Hello WilliamP458,

Here's how:

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-46de917611c5

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/399501-need-help-updating-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there
trying to completely uninstall Office 2016 so I can re-install a new version

However clicking on the link to Office 2016 fix it tool just brings up an ad for the surface pro -- and that's from the Ms site.

Anybody have a proper link to this tool.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Office 2016 fix it tool - where is it

Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi there

However clicking on the link to Office 2016 fix it tool just brings up an ad for the surface pro -- and that's from the Ms site.

Cheers
jimbo

Microsoft Fix it Tool 2739501 Office 2016:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...Remove.diagcab

Should work for you......

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/47450-office-2016-fix-tool-where.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi there

Cheers
jimbo

A:Office 2016 fix it tool - where is it

Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi there

Cheers
jimbo

Microsoft Fix it Tool 2739501 Office 2016:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...Remove.diagcab

Should work for you......

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/47450-office-2016-fix-tool-where.html
Relevancy 54.61%

http://www.eightforums.com/browsers-mail/75253-outlook-2013-outlook-2016-restoring-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 54.61%

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/75253-outlook-2013-outlook-2016-restoring-email-accounts.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Can anyone advise on how to set up outlook.com custom domain email accounts with outlook desktop 2013 or 2016
i have 3 accounts that are oulook.com custom domain accounts working fine in outlook 2013 - suddenly 2 of them stopped working  and i have searched the webs to no avail - answews.micorsoft.com techs sent an open thread to the forum.

the typical m.hotmail.com server ins't working and neither is IMAP

if anyone has any troubleshooting tips please help -maybe a new server address? ive tried a few still not working.
maybe thiers a way to find out what server the account is on?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3add1b2f-1501-46a9-8c00-050d872b8e70/outlookcom-custom-domain-sync-with-outlook-2013-and-2016?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 54.61%

I recently did a system recovery in XP and every since, In my Office XP Prof, when I select excel or word, it takes the time to "installing Microsoft Excel feature" Why does it keep doing that eevery time I select any module? I don't have it in my startup batch in MSCONFIG..would that be the reason?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-programs-installing-features-every-select.478788/
Relevancy 54.61%

Microsoft is adding more Genuine Advantage features to its forthcoming Office release to make the product harder to pirate The company is planning to add new volume-licensing activation technologies to Office in an attempt to thwart the pirating of volume-license keys Microsoft officials said via a press release Microsoft also is adding more counterfeit-detection and tamper-resistant features to Office the press release says It sounds like Microsoft will limit the ability of Office users to do an Anytime Upgrade to those users who those who allow Microsoft to do a Genuine Advantage scan While future Office consumer installations will closely resemble what we have today additional advantages that customers can expect include the ability to issue product keys that upgrade the installed version to one that is incrementally feature-rich says Cori Hartje senior director of Microsoft s Genuine Software Initiative I found more details about features Office to 2010 anti-piracy to more Microsoft add some of the planned Office Genuine Advantage volume-activation changes in an August posting on the Office Engineering blog Link - Microsoft to add more anti-piracy features to Office All about Microsoft ZDNet com

http://www.vistax64.com/software/244337-microsoft-add-more-anti-piracy-features-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows already has OneDrive but when you install office it installs its own version of OneDrive with startup entries related to OneDrive I usually have always uninstalled the extra OneDrive and just used the one that comes with Windows After uninstalling it and rebooting I the What to Office with extra installs? the OneDrive that do Disabled the startup entries of What to do with the extra OneDrive that Office installs? OneDrive which the newly installed OneDrive had added Now I have been getting an error upon every reboot or shutdown that's too fast for me to write down and I can't find it I Event viewer so I'm worried maybe because I am uninstalling the one drive that came with Office that's causibg this issue or maybe I should just uninstall it but leave he startup entries alone The reason I used to delete them because they say something like quot OneDrive sync error quot and stuff related to OneDrive so I was worried it may cause conflicts with the OS built in OneDrive How do you guys deal with this it does install another Microsoft OneDrive which I see under programs and features after office has been installed Then if I launch Autoruns I see these entries SkyDrivePro ErrorConflict SkyDrivePro SyncInProgress SkyDrivePro InSync Microsoft SkyDrive Pro Browser Helper These entries and OneDrive also get installed on my office home and business edition If you install office pro then u get the option to deselect components that u don't want as opposed to the stupid office and home and business they install everuthing But even with the pro version after deselecting OneDrive it still adds those startup entries

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/60242-what-do-extra-onedrive-office-installs.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi everyone!
This one has really done my head in..... I have a user who cannot run the spell checker in word. When he clicks on the icon on the toolbar.....nothing. If you go to tools and look for spelling and grammar......not there, tools then options.......the spelling and grammar tab is greyed out. I then logged him off logged on myself and it was working fine...no problems. I told him to come over to my pc and try logging on here and it worked fine. I re-installed office on his machine logged him on....... nothing. I even changed his ntuser.dat in his profile still nothing ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Can anyone think of something Iím missing?

Cheers
Barday

A:Word: Spell Checking Features Unavailable

Know this: Reinstalling does nothing most of the time. There are products called Eraser 97 and Eraser 2000 that really MUST be used for a proper cleaning out of the old settings in the registry before reinstalling the suite.

Now this: Close Word. Start-Run and type regedit. Browse to this key:

Office 2K:
hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\office\9.0\word

Office 97:
hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\office\8.0\word

Right-click the Word folder and rename to OldWord.

Complete troubleshooting for Word can be found elsewhere on the board here, try searching. You should get them and hang onto it or bookmark it, it's really helpful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/word-spell-checking-features-unavailable.43211/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi Newbie in UK here and need some pointers on this subject MS Office Home amp Business I'm in the process of buying a new laptop with Win to replace my aging Dell on Vista yes its ancient I have found another Dell that I want to buy but adding the additional Office H amp B significantly bumps up the price So my query is Buying Office H amp B from an external seller that I'd found on line is significantly cheaper than from Dell or from MS How do I know the package is a genuine one and not an imitation fake from the external seller The risk of buying that turns out to be fake could be costly e g result in a complete Windows install or cause even more damage which may require Dell support which they may not assist due to the Office H amp B is purchased from an external seller What are your thoughts Are there any seller for MS Office Home amp Business that anyone could recommend for UK Thanks in advance Edit & Home 2016... Office Business MS Moved topic from Windows to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:MS Office Home & Business 2016...

Have you considered open source Libreoffice is suppose to be really good. And theres also Open Office which is also open source.
https://www.libreoffice.org/ https://www.openoffice.org/ both of these completely free.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630033/ms-office-home-business-2016/
Relevancy 54.18%

When 2016 Office remove Completely offered a low-cost way to get Office I installed it on my Win bit computer I still had Office installed and the Completely remove Office 2016 Office ran ok I did not like it nearly as much as I liked Office so I uninstalled it I've gotten rid of ALMOST all evidence it was ever on my machine however I'm chasing a problem with gmail POP not connecting to the server and when I went to follow instructions for creating a new email profile to test connections I found that my control panel shows Outlook see screenshot When I click on it I get an quot Application not found quot error I'm trying to have that removed from my control panel and have it replaced by Outlook I went into the registry trying to get rid of the Outlook so I found what appears Completely remove Office 2016 to be Office versions through I deleted the assuming it was Office Can I delete the Office and versions in this registry folder What about the Outlook version that doesn't appear as a subfolder to any numbered Office version Can I delete it w o problems I've attached a screenshot that shows what I'm talking about I know I'm on the verge of working in areas I don't understand but I know there are a lot of mighty smart fellows in these forums Regards Patrick

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/396284-completely-remove-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Dear all I'm stuggling with an issue on Office using the text to speak feature in word By default it's on United States so you have to download the Microsoft Speech Platform https www microsoft com en-us down aspx id Then you can choose the languages you wish the document to speak by downloading the language packs https support office com en-us art toc I have done both and I've downloaded the United Kingdom selected it in the Word Document under Proofing and it still reads in an American voice Despite I have another laptop here from a colleague who's is a female voice and is speaking in an english accent but it's too loud and distorted yet the American voice seems to be fine and crystal clear Any ideas how I either fix the distorted voice for United Kingdom on one of the laptops Also Office Packs Language TTS 2016 how do you change from male to female OR How to download and make Office 2016 TTS Language Packs the United Kingdom language pack work with the voice so I can test if it's Microsoft's problem or a problem with the laptop Thank you Scatley

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/office-2016-tts-language-packs-1110313.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I have aero glass enabled on my Win 10, but does anyone know of a way to make the colored titlebars on office 2016 aero? thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/63748-office-2016-aero-glass-possible.html
Relevancy 54.18%

First Look Microsoft has released Office 2016 for Windows, over two and half years after the launch of Office 2013 in January of that year.Click to expand...

Read more here: theregister.co.uk

A:Microsoft Office 2016 for Windows

£220 or a yearly subscription as I understand it - correct?

Libre Office - nowt, nothing, bugger-all, for free.

Libre works well and you can save documents and spreadsheets with a MS file extension so MS Office users can open your Libre Office file.

Unless MS have put the kibosh on that with latest release, I don't know, but probably unlikely.

I will concede MS Office has two very good programs though - Outlook and Publisher, almost worth the 220 smackers for those two.

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/microsoft-office-2016-for-windows.4069435/