Windows Support Forum

Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Q: Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

HiHad this laptop for a few weeks now and never had trouble connecting to wifi at home. But today I am unable to connect to wifi and I did a troubleshoot and it says that the problem is - 'WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration'I know the problem is my laptop and not the wifi as it is working fine on my iPad.Can someone help please?Thanks,Dee

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't connect to wifi - 'wifi doesn't have a valid IP config...

Hi there @Dee85 Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having troubles with connecting to your home network; I am happy to help. Have you tried connecting to a different network with this notebook?Does the wifi (available connections) show up on your notebook at all?Have you tried resetting your wireless router? The error you are getting sounds like the router is not passing on a local IP address to your notebook. The problem could be on either side of that. Try working through these.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test. Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-wifi-doesn-t-have-a-valid-IP/td-p/4902561
Relevancy 104.92%

Wifi doesn't connect when i move away from wifi router. I have a wifi router installed in my drawing room where i get good browsing speed on phones and laptops. But the problem starts when i take my laptop from drawing room to my bedroom which is not more than 5 mtrs from router. Wifi signal drops to zero on laptop whereas it remains decent on phones. Earlier my laptop used to connect in bedroom as well..This is happening lately. Is there any solution?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-connect-when-i-move-away-from-wifi-router/td-p/5768546
Relevancy 98.9%

Hoping I can get some help this one is a head-scratcher I have a PC that was having an unrelated problem and decided the simplest fix would be to reformat the HD then reinstall win I've done this before without any problems however this time the PC will not connect to the home network and is giving me the message quot local area connection doesn't have a valid ip configuration quot I made no hardware changes just a win reinstall I have several other computers on the network connected to the internet I have reset the modem and have bypassed the switch so the computer is connected directly to the modem I have installed network adapter drivers and there is no exclamation point next to the device in the device manager I tried to do an area net, ip valid doesn't Fresh config connect no have lcl Win7, ipconfig renew and got this C Windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Local Area Connection unable to con tact your DHCP server Request has timed out Basic info Wired ISP TWC Modem Ubee Switch D-link No antivirus fresh win install Thanks in advance for any help Mike IPCONFIG C Windows system gt ipconfig Fresh Win7, no net, lcl area connect doesn't have valid ip config all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Traci-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Generic Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigab it Ethernet Controller Physical Address - F-BC- -CD- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap DE A-FF - F- -E BF A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Fresh Win7, no net, lcl area connect doesn't have valid ip config Enabled Yes C Windows system gt

A:Fresh Win7, no net, lcl area connect doesn't have valid ip config

I will leave this here in case anybody else has this problem. I reinstalled win7 again with no fix. I tried doing the winsh reset for ipv4 and ipv6 and a 3rd entity I don't recall which did not work.

The solution? I have a spare NIC and I threw that into the machine and moved the ethernet cable from the on-board to the add-on. Unfortunately my office is dark and I put the NIC into an incompatible slot and the computer would not boot. I removed the NIC, rebooted, and noted that I had an X instead of a ! by my network icon. I thought to myself "why not" and I plugged the ethernet cable back into the original motherboard NIC and the effing thing started working. I know this shouldn't have done anything but whatever... So bottom line: try and fry your computer, and then plug the cord back in after a restart seems to be the technical tour de force required to solve this problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/347561-fresh-win7-no-net-lcl-area-connect-doesnt-have-valid-ip-config.html
Relevancy 98.47%

After much thought I recently did a fresh install of my OS everything was working before just wanted a fresh start.
Since I did the fresh install I'm getting wifi doesn't have a valid up configuration and for the life of me I can't seem to figure it out.
This is on a desktop and I can't use a wired connection also I have tried resetting the router. And refreshing windows 8 again. Mind boggled.

A:Wifi doesn't have a valid up configuration

Originally Posted by Russee89

After much thought I recently did a fresh install of my OS everything was working before just wanted a fresh start.
Since I did the fresh install I'm getting wifi doesn't have a valid up configuration and for the life of me I can't seem to figure it out.
This is on a desktop and I can't use a wired connection also I have tried resetting the router. And refreshing windows 8 again. Mind boggled.

It's likely that your machine with the new installation requires a visit to the Windows Update Center in order to install the latest updates which will most likely fix the wireless connection problem.

You really need to connect the first time using a wired connection so as to obtain the updates from Windows.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/30969-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-up-configuration.html
Relevancy 98.47%

I am on Windows 8. My Lenovo laptop constantly has a "Limited Connection" when trying to connect to internet. Other computers/devices connect fine to this network.

I ran the built in diagnostic and get "Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration - Not Fixed"

I've tried ipconfig /release => no errors
then...... ipconfig /renew => and I get "...unable to contact DHCP server.."

I then tried resetting TCP/IP
`netsh int ip reset resettcpip.txt` =>
resetting interface, ok!
resetting neighbor, ok!
resetting path, ok!
resetting , failed.
access is denied

What should I try next?
Please Help!

A:Wifi doesn't have valid IP configuration

Can you connect successfully by ethernet?

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If your only email accounts are free (Hotmail, gmail, etc.) try this direct link. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Identify your network if it is not obvious.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration.1105546/
Relevancy 97.61%

Running Win 8.1 on Lenovo Y410p. Verizon FIOS router, Actiontec MI424WR (Actiontec[1] ).
Everything was running fine until last night. No internet when I connected to the router with an ethernet cable, but the wifi still works. I ran windows troubleshooting diagnostic and it said ETHERNET DOESN'T HAVE A VALID IP. Restarted my laptop and the router, changed ports, got a new ethernet cable, tried hooking up another laptop, still nothing. It shows up as Unidentified Network with No Internet Access. Xbox is also connected to router via ethernet, that isn't working either. The wifi is working but it's shoddy, every few minutes it'll lag, Chrome will go into NOT RESPONDING mode for a second or 2 and then go back to working. Wifi is also prone to dropping out and coming back at times.
Please advise.

A:Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP, wifi still works?

Power cycle your ISP Modem, router and computer(s).

Power all off
Remove power from modem and router for 30 seconds or so.
Connect power to modem, wait for it to finish booting and stabilize
Connect power to router, wait for it to finish booting and stabilize
Power up computer with Ethernet cable already connected

If still not working: collect IP configuration information as follows:

Open a Elevated Command Prompt:

Press WIN + X to open Start context menu.
Select Command Prompt (Admin)​.

Paste the following into the Command Prompt window, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & reg query "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" | find /i "proxy" >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here. Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close. Paste the information in a reply here.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67626-ethernet-doesnt-have-valid-ip-wifi-still-works.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hi,

I have a relatively new HP Envy (H8-1485ea), with no modifications made, running windows 8. I have had the been using it with a wired connection at university with no problems and on return home connected wirelessly. Initially I encountered no issues, however after about 2 days the status of the connection went to limited and has remained that way since.

On running the windows troubleshooter it stated that the "wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration".

I searched this forum and found the suggestion to run the commands which resolved similar problems:
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh int ip reset rest.log hit

However as shown in the attached image for the second command resetting failed. I am not sure if this is where I am going wrong or if there is another issue.

I have also attached my ip configuration.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this problem would be much appreciated, Thanks.

A:wifi doesn't have a valid ip configuration (Limited)

Do you have anything else connecting to the router that actually works (either wired or wirelessly)?
Have you tried power cycling the modem and the router?
Have you tried an ipconfig /release and then an ipconfig /renew after power cycling both?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/28544-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration-limited.html
Relevancy 97.61%

The wifi is not working only on my laptop since 2 days! it was working before and it still is working with all other gadgets and other laptops just not working with my HP laptop.it installed some windows update couple of days back. please guide me as to what needs to be done. i will post relevant info from my side or post screenshots to provide you all the necessary info from my side.

i have tried

netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)

netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)"
i have also tried restoring to the last recovery point.

nothing has worked so far. please help!

A:wifi doesn't have valid ip configuration windows 8

Try rebooting your router. Also maybe doing a reset on the router.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/48383-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Hello

I have a problem that drives me crazy. Randomly, my wifi disconnects many times a day (Limitted conectivity or ), sometimes every 5 minutes. I solve the problem temporarly by:
1.)Running the Troubleshoot of the wifi connection, and it resets the adapter automatically( and at the end of the troubleshotting it says: "WiFi doesnt Have a valid IP configuration, or sometimes The default gateway is not available")
2.)Sometimes the Troubleshooter cant reset the adapter, and I have to do it manually.

By reseting the adapter, the problem is solved only temporarly, because I have to do that mayby 20 times a day, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I use Windows 8 on Asus K55 VJ , Intel Centrino 2230 adapter with up to date driver.

PLEASE, PLEASE help me, the laptop is new, its sold as a Windows 8 engine, and its really embarrassing that I have this problem...

Here are some print screens that can help you

A:WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration on Windows8

For default gateway problems try typing in the gateway "192.168.10.1" into the IPv4 properties of the wireless network adaptor.

Sometimes windows has problems picking up the gateway from certain routers which is usually just a hardware compatibility problem.

The link below explains the process.

Windows 7 Unidentified Network, Limited Access, No Internet Connection Problem Resolved

I posted a picture of this setting for clarity.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26174-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration-windows8.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi,

I tired to allow my windows 7 laptop to print over the network, and after 3 hours gave up as nothing seemed to work. I must have done something because now i can not connect to WI FI at all or Ethernet.

It says on the system tray Not connected and below that connections available, and under wireless network connection it says it is connected to my wireless connection but i can not connect.

Please any help would be good, i have no Home group with, not sure if this is something i did, it's all a blur to me.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

A:Cannot not connect to WIFI or ethernet after trying to config network.

Have you tried plugging in an ethernet cable to your router directly to see if you connect?
Have you factory reset or power cycled your modem?
What configs did you change if any? Do you remember?

On my laptops...if it shows connections available but unable to connect resetting the modem usually fixes it up

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250099-cannot-not-connect-wifi-ethernet-after-trying-config-network.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Why doesn't my ds connect to wifi? Help me!

Relevancy 89.01%

I get a wifi signal and says I am connected. Yet when I launch the browser it says, not connected, even though the wifi connector says I am. Whats the deal? Thanks.

A:WIFI on, Website doesn't connect

The WiFi connected only means that you are connected to the router It maybe that you are not connected to the internet due to a fault with the router or it's settings

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/75745-wifi-website-doesnt-connect.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello, my friend is having trouble with her laptop. Seems that for some reason her WiFi just stopped connecting to her router.

When I check out the connection it says "Limited Connection" or "Local Only"

She has a HP Pavilion DV6000 running Vista Home Premium.

nForce network controler 65.6.5.0 3/6/2007

Service Pack 1.

Any ideas?

A:WiFi Suddenly doesn't connect

Have you tried to reset the connection of the laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-suddenly-doesnt-connect.827270/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello,

i just received my new PC with a brand new Gigabyte UD3H Wifi motherboard and a HD7950 GPU.

I installed all the drivers available from the Gigabyte website for some reason the wifi function simply does not work. Also, the screen plugged into the 7950 works fine but the other screen connected into the motherboard gets the message "no signal detected".
How can i fix this?

A:Gigabyte UD3H Wifi doesn't detect WiFi or second screen

Also, when I try to install the VGA drivers from gigabyte, I get the message "PC does not meet minimum requirements"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/254155-gigabyte-ud3h-wifi-doesnt-detect-wifi-second-screen.html
Relevancy 87.72%

LAN port doesn't connect to WiFi extender Windows Pro bit Supermicro X DTU-F with Intel port Cable modem Wireless router NETGEAR WNDR Extender NETGEAR WN RP I connect wirelessly WiFi to the router I can use a USB WiFi adapter but it's slow Using the extender connect doesn't extender? WiFi to LAN port is twice as fast So I'm connected via an ethernet cable from my computer's LAN port to the extender The extender uses the GHz channel to the wireless router I disable the extender as a WiFi access point since I'm only connecting through the LAN port Problem is Apparently some configuration is arbitrarily lost or takes time to rebuild after restarting my PC or after some other event My guess is that the LAN port has trouble reconnecting to the extender Or maybe the extender LAN port doesn't connect to WiFi extender? has to reconnect with the router after an extended period of no traffic nbsp I tried updating the motherboard's LAN driver but seems it's the most current version I leave the extender on and it still happens LAN port doesn't connect to WiFi extender? nbsp I could use some leads Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b7c1a0e5-9403-44f3-ac67-e962d79f5d12/lan-port-doesnt-connect-to-wifi-extender?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi After moving to a new home I'm having trouble getting a wired connection working Same modem and router as the previous home same PC Different ISP but both are Shaw cable re-packagers router CISCO Linksys E Factory Reset with latest firmware modem THOMPSON DCM wifi disabled) Wifi Ethernet Works, doesn't (even with motherboard SAPPHIRE Pure Black P Hydra USB adapter USB wifi Dlink DWA- Operating system Windows Ethernet Adapter Marvell Yukon E Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller latest driver version I have only a PC and an android connected occasionally and android tablet as well Wifi Works, Ethernet doesn't (even with wifi disabled) The PC can connect via wifi if ethernet is disabled and then modem router PC restarted but I can't seem to figure out a way to get the ethernet connection to work I've tried DHCP and Static IP configurations and I've tried connecting the ethernet directly to the modem instead of the router but to no avail I believe I've managed at times to access the router from the PC only with static IP but never the internet as well I've tried cat cables as well Here are some pictures with more details of my config I've been banging my head against this for hours can anyone see what I'm missing

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399637-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt-even-wifi-disabled.html
Relevancy 86.86%

About a week ago, our cable internet connection went out. Before I had a chance to reboot the modem & router, my 11 year old decided to completely reset the router to factory settings! Ugh! This caused several issues: my home network is now gone, only a unsecured factory network is available. When I try to plug my laptop into the router via ethernet cord (in order to login to router and setup secure network) my computer will not recognize the router and won't connect to internet. I tried troubleshooting with my cable provider and they say it's in my computer (IP address will not reset) and he recommended I replace my network card. However, today when I brought my laptop to work, it will instantly recognize the wifi at work. So is it really my network card that is causing issues? Please help, I'm desperate and not tech too tech savvy!

Details:
Linksys wireless router
Charter cable modem
Hp pavillion dv6 laptop with Windows Vista OS

A:Laptop won't connect to home wifi but will connect to work wifi

Did you figure this out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-connect-to-home-wifi-but-will-connect-to-work-wifi.204978/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi all,

I followed this tutorial, and after playing around with it for a couple of days, decided to remove the ad-hoc network through the manage networks window. After removing it, I have been unable to connect to any wireless networks, I've tried deleting the profile and creating a new one, reinstalling the driver, updating the driver, nothing seems to work. I really really do not want to do a reinstall, and I was hoping you guys could help me get my wireless back up and running. Right now I'm using wired, which will work for a while, but I'd still prefer to get wireless working, since my wired isn't in the most convenient location.....I have an Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN adapter on my ASUS UL20A-A1 laptop.

Thanks for the help !

-McDougal

A:WiFi doesn't connect after creating/deleting an ad-hoc network

Try running this batch file which will reset winsock, reset the TCP/IP stack and release renew your IP.

If this doesn't get it working then please post a screen shot of your ipconfig /all .

Download Renew IP + Reset Winsock Batch File

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/119911-wifi-doesnt-connect-after-creating-deleting-ad-hoc-network.html
Relevancy 86.86%

When I tap network services, all I see is the airplane mode button. I don't see any wifi options. I updated my intel wrieless drivers to the most recent setting, and I'm on the newest bios. Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Unable-to-connect-to-wifi-doesn-t-show-up/td-p/3423020
Relevancy 86.86%

So my ipod touch does not want to connect to any wifi network that requires a logon page, as in an html web page where you are required to enter details to access a wifi hotspot.

I have one of these at work which I can access for free and it was working fine up until a week ago. Now it wont connect to any internet that requires an html logon page, not just the one at my work.

I should say that it does actually connect to the network it just wont log on to the login page, therefore the ipod assumes that it does not connect to the internet.

It still connects to my home network just fine.

Any ideas?
Cheers
James

A:Ipod touch doesn't wanna connect to wifi!!

Nope, because you need to be connected to a network in order to open the page in order to login?

Try connecting to the network, going to the page in Safari manually and login?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-touch-doesnt-wanna-connect-to-wifi.971559/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a desktop that is able to have wifi it's a adapter dell 1450 UBS Wireless 802.11a/b/g it works so does the router which is a Cisco Linsky E 1000 it shows um that it works I'm getting packet but I just can't seem to connect I don't understand it says that I am connected but I cannot get on the internet what am I doing wrong please help my desktop is compaq hp with wireless capability help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-make-my-android-with-wifi-3g-connect-my-desktop-router-and-wifi-adapter.1085239/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello fellas i need to connect my dumb Xbox to connect to to modem--->not Solved: live!!! wifi able laptop+wifi xbox360+USB live for it does not play any movies and asks to connect to live that i am unable to do OKey here is the plit- gt i have a usb modem that i connect into my laptop wihch has wifi n all that now i create an adhoc n w first on lapi--the xbox detects and connects but still test connection fails the xbox is unable to connect to the adhoc n w second i Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! tried creating a adhoc n w on my xbox-- gt lapi connects to that n w but still the test conncetion fails on the xbox I have checked quot Allow users to use this n w quot for my USB modem connection which i use to connect to Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!! the internet In Properties-- gt Sharing But here it asks to select the n w connection out of options Wireless conn Wireless conn Local Area Conn Sometimes it shows only Wileless Conn and LAN i tried every possible combination of all these settings but nothing is working The internet on my laptop works fine I am using Win Home Premium I just need to connect my Xbox to my laptop wirelessely and use the internet connection my laptop is using i tried some manual settings of ip subnet n dns server on my xbox n lapi in this case the xbox connects to the network while connection test but does not connects to laptop HELP guys nbsp

A:Solved: wifi laptop+wifi xbox360+USB modem--->not able to connect to live!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-laptop-wifi-xbox360-usb-modem-not-able-to-connect-to-live.1032051/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi all "doesn't Problems IP a have valid configuration" Wifi I recently got windows and have found it Wifi Problems "doesn't have a valid IP configuration" to be rather volatile I use WiFi in my house on my desktop Intel PC and my computer strangely sometimes works to get to the internet and sometimes it doesn't coming up with connection limited and after troubleshooting it quot doesn't have a valid ip configuration quot Ive tried the netsh winsock and the ip reset commands in command prompt admin and nothing happens i'm really at a loss According to some people A V programs can mess stuff up so i uninstalled them hopefully someone can help here is my ipconfig all details Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Windows Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - D-A -A - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Mike Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description n USB Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - D-A -A - C- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Wifi Problems "doesn't have a valid IP configuration" Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ca e dde d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - -C - - - D- F- - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - D- F- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BB - - C -A AA- Media State Wifi Problems "doesn't have a valid IP configuration" Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Windows system gt

A:Wifi Problems "doesn't have a valid IP configuration"

From this you aren't picking up anything from the router at all, the IP showing is the default one that Msoft uses when there are no connections coming from the router.

You may want to try resetting the router or updating the router's firmware.

Your system specs aren't listed so I can't check to see if this is a possible driver problem or not.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/23075-wifi-problems-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi All,

I am new to this forum..few day agai got to know that I can make my Windows 7 Laptop a HotSpot via Virtual WiFi...so I tried to make my laptop hotspot and the same can be detected from my iPhone also...i can connect connect iPhone to my laptop...but i cant access any internet..
i have also tried putting off my firewall but with no use....
can somebody help me out with the same?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-iphone-via-wifi-from-windows-7-virtual-wifi-laptop.971585/
Relevancy 86%

We just got an Asus EEE netbook that has Windows Starter edition on it An annoying problem with it is that even after setting our home wifi as the Home wifi connection and I seem to auto-connect 7 doesn't Starter: startup Wifi at Windows remember also specifying that Windows 7 Starter: Wifi doesn't auto-connect at startup it should connect automatically in some dialog box during first-time setup it defaults to needing to be manually connected every time And there is no option anywhere to be found to set it for Auto So I can not reset it to auto There is no option available to do it anywhere that I can find To vent just a little how could such a really obvious flaw like this go out to market OK that's a rhetorical question Of course a NETbook ought to be able to have its wifi set to connect automatically It looks to me like some overzealous programmer has written in a non-overrideable default setting of 'manual connect' on this Thanks guy I searched online for a solution to this and could not find anything There was one set of instructions I did find that supposedly pertained to both Vista and Win but I hit a dead end because a folder it told me to go to WLANServices did not exist in this Win Starter version I have Also if anyone has the name and address of the programmer that would be good too I have a bag of something I want to mail to him thanks for any help

A:Windows 7 Starter: Wifi doesn't auto-connect at startup

Never mind ... I managed to locate the checkbox for it, and set it to automatically connect at startup. It works now.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-starter-wifi-doesnt-auto-connect-at-startup-468651.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a HP Notebook 15. I restarted my laptop this morning and when it came back on, all options for connecting to the internet via WiFi were gone. I am able to connect to the internet via ethernet cable, and everything works this way.There are no options whatsoever to connect to WiFi or reset the connection or anything, however the WiFi itself is working because other devices in the house are connected to it. I followed a HP technical support online page, which provided step-by-step instructions of various ways to reconnect to WiFi but nothing worked. I tried restarting the computer, updating the driver software, making sure it wasn't in airplane mode, and troubleshooting. Nothing worked. What should I try next?

A:Unable to find Wifi adapter - Cannot connect to WiFi

Hi @jgkelly2, Welcome to HP Forums! I understand that wireless connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please run the Component test - Wireless Module to verify if the wireless network adapter is functioning well.HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) If the test failed, the wireless adapter needs to be replaced. Let me know if you need further assistance. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.  Regards, 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-find-Wifi-adapter-Cannot-connect-to-WiFi/td-p/5590193
Relevancy 85.14%

Okay so my desktop is connected to the network by wifi to the wireless N plus B and G router It connects to the internet fine and dandy Possible iPhone's the connected that net? computer is to connect wifi to wifi by to My iPhone can connect to the router but drops the wifi signal most of the time It doesn t seem Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? to want to hold the connection because of either distance Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? or interference from the wall or whatever What Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net? I want is to connect the iPhone s wifi to the computer for a stronger connection But I don t want to move the router because it s centrally located and my office is kinda further away from it Equipment computer n wireless USB adapter connected to computer g wireless PCI adapter connected to computer n router connected to internet iPhone with b g connectivity Is it possible to do this I know what people have done it with one wired connection and a wireless connection from the computer But can it be done with TWO wireless adapters connected to the computer Thanks in advance for any replies PS I know it d be easier to just use the computer to browse the internet since I d be in the office anyway but I work as a D modeler and alot of times I m testing renders for scenes and such and can t stop the render without losing the progress If I browse while it s rendering it s possible I can crash the computer because of the heavy resources the D engine is already using nbsp

A:Possible to connect iPhone's wifi to computer that is connected by wifi to the net?

Doesn't hurt (except maybe your time) to try. Get an ad-hoc wireless network working between computer and iPhone (using dynamic addressing). Then in Network Connections bridge the two wireless connections.

If it doesn't work, show the following for the computer before you bridge and when you have the bridge.

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

IPCONFIG /ALL

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-connect-iphones-wifi-to-computer-that-is-connected-by-wifi-to-the-net.810596/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi there,

I have a new problem that has just cropped up today. I am no longer able to connect to public wifi or my phone's wireless hotspot. My laptop either will not connect or connect with limited access. It has connected without issue in the past and as soon as I returned home it connected to my wifi here.

What I did notice is I am connected to an unidentified network with no internet access in addition to my home wireless network:
Specs:
Acer Aspire S7 392
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Intel Dual Band Wireless 7260 (driver updated)
Disabled my firewall and antivirus

I just connected to my phone's hotspot again and here is what I am coming up with:
Attachment 57082

And when I run ipconfig/renew
Attachment 57083

Any ideas what could be causing this?

A:Can only connect to home wifi - no public/hotspot wifi

What Internet Security software are you using? Are you using any third party software to manage network connections?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/60701-can-only-connect-home-wifi-no-public-hotspot-wifi.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Product Name Hp Omen Operating System Microsoft one Win10 connect shows it stop Wifi and network doesn't only working. Windows -bit Wifi card Intel Wireless-N Hi guys since some days my wifi has stopped working If I click on Wifi icon it shows only ONE max two NETWORK And I live in a Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect building with networks as you can see from WiFi Analyzer I'm the red one on the right If I deactive reactive Wifi with fn f it goes to Airplane mode and to Wifi mode again and Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect it eventually shows all the networks My Wifi is on the top If it's saved Windows connects to it and then it drops the connection if it's not saved and I try to connect it says quot You're not able to connect to this network quot The fun fact is that after some seconds every network disappear and only one is showed probably the neighbour one I dunno I've already tried to HARD-RESET the notebook keeping the power button for sec with the laptop turned off I've already tried to follow these instructions http support hp com us-en document c updating drivers Intel Windows default Lastest drivers with no success Everytime I install a new drivers I uninstalled the previous one Wireless software reboot I tried to uncheked quot Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power quot on my Wifi hardware settings without success The HP Network support says I didn't choose a Wifi Really The problem is I don't see my Wifi on the list This is not related to a new Windows upgrade since I've installed it months ago and It's the first time I've this problem It always worked I tried different settings too I changed channel I set g on my router APSD off on the router I set quot Magic packet off ad hoc QoS off U-APSD off fat channel off incremental throughput off HT mode off quot on the card setting without success Nothing chaned The Hardware test doesn't detect any failure Note carefully If I go close to the router it shows my network with full power connection and it connects to it Then I go back to my bedroom probably meters far it KEEPS the connection for min and It drops the connection and I can't reconnect to it anymore It always worked perfectly in my room in these months I bought it in March so the distance is not a problem I'm m far from the router In this case It shows my Network Connected and the neighbour network and the other networks The only way I have is USB tethering with my Nexus Linux I tried the Wifi connection on Elementary Freya Ubuntu linux based OS and it shows networks available on the list It has not connection problem with my Wifi but sometimes it stops working the webpages stop loading and I must reboot Wifi to reconnect to it usually after min using it ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- What's the problem Is my Wifi card broken Should I call italian support or you have some suggestion

A:Wifi stop working. Win10 shows only one network and it doesn't connect

I did a restore factory with HP recovery (I've a dedicated drive for it) and....it worked!
I had to upgrade Win8.1 to 10, but the Wifi problem is solved!

I'm still guessing which was the problem...
Now I'm running Intel drivers ver. 18.30.0.9 and all the networks are working.

In the next days I'm trying to check the linux problem (the factory reset deleted Elementary partition).

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39495-wifi-stop-working-win10-shows-only-one-network-doesnt-connect.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Whenever I unplug from the router and go upstairs, I can't connect to my wi-fi. The problem also persists downstairs unless I am connected by ethernet. It's been happening for about 2 days. At first the wi-fi would jump in and out randomly and quickly but now it simply wont connect. Is it a virus or how can I fix it?

A:Wifi doesn't connect unless directly connected to router by ethernet cable

You might just need to restart your router / WiFI AP to resolve that issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-connect-unless-directly-connected-to-router-by-ethernet-cable.202219/
Relevancy 83.85%

I am totally disappointed with Asus. The problem remains unresolved after almost more than 2 years.

I hv tried all the methods mentioned at :

http://support.asus.com/Troubleshoo...en&p=3&m=A43SD&s=310&hashedid=n/a&os=&no=1773

I really regret why I purchased Asus at first place. The experience has been so much frustrating and waste of money, time and energy.

DEAR ASUS YOU SHOULD NOT BE MAKING/ SELLING A PRODUCT OF SUCH AN INFERIOR QUALITY".

TOTALLY RIDICULOUS & DISGUSTING.

Relevancy 83.85%

Latitude E running Windows Was working fine and then days ago the wifi dropped and won't go back on When I boot up the wifi icon shows wifi to a Can't Wifi shows any red more. icon x. connect black and white with the little asterisk I can click on it and see my network and my neighbors all showing up fine However after I click to try to join the network it thinks for a bit and then says Can't connect to this network Even if I put Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. in the wrong passcode I get the same error so it's Can't connect to wifi any more. Wifi icon shows a red x. never getting far enough to even validate that After I click Close to that the Wifi icon then shows with a red white x I can then no longer see any wifi networks available at all After a minute or so the red white 'x' goes away and I can then try again but get the exact same results The network card that was in the laptop DW didn't technically have a Windows driver from Dell so I took a card from a different laptop that is supported DW but it has the exact same results I also tried connecting to a different wifi and got the exact same results Anyone have any idea what might be causing this or how I can fix it My other laptops phones Fire TV stick etc can all connect to the router just fine The laptop was just reimaged a week or so ago and worked fine for a few days before this happened Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/65842-cant-connect-wifi-any-more-wifi-icon-shows-red-x.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi All,

Win8:
I have two wifi APs in the home and I have it all set up so that one is the Internet by cell phone tether and the other is the cabled network via the router wifi.

Works just fine - except.

On wifi 1, Internet I have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does.

On wifi 2, Network I also have it set for "Connect automatically" which at boot up it does NOT do. I have to go in and connect manually even though the "Connect automatically" is checked.

It seems win8 sees "Connect automatically"and does it but then stops checking other connections. Probably a "feature."

Is there some way to force both "Connect automatically" to happen?

Thanks

A:Wifi Auto-Connect to two-wifi APs, problem

There is a group policy setting for this, but even if both are connected you will only be using one of those connections at a time.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45509-wifi-auto-connect-two-wifi-aps-problem.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi i recently upgraded from vista to Windows 7. The wifi icon that detects wifi is missing....

Using speccy it says that wifi has not been enabled....how do i enable it? Any Ideas?

I have visited the Packard Bell website to update drivers but the only info I have on the model is Notebook ZH7 but amazingly there is no refernece to this model on their site. I have downloaded and scanned and installed drivers from Device Doctor but still no joy...

How on earth can I connect to the internet? Any ideas? THANKS

A:No wifi icon at a loss to connect by wifi

hi is there not a button the top of the keyboard that turns wireless on or off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/130786-no-wifi-icon-loss-connect-wifi.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey guys!
I'm facing a problem in connecting my computer to internet through LAN cable. I updated my system with windows 831. I've connected it with modem but it shows 'Limited Access' message. I'm using windows 8.1 and i've MS-7592 motherboard. I tried updating ethernet driver but the problem still persists. The value of default gateway is in strange alphanumeric format.

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi nbsp I'm new to the forum so i'm sorry if this Disconnects Wifi for to or Wifi connect Won't has been covered before nbsp I've had this laptop which i use for work for about years now It's pretty much worked ok except that it's now very slow when a webpage has ad's on it and it seems to take ages to load the page etc nbsp However the main reason is the wifi issue It's usually been great up until last night nbsp I was switching off the machine and it says shutdown and update Won't connect to Wifi or Disconnects for Wifi so i did this as i normally do However this morning it wouldnt connect to the wifi and said there was problems I kept switching it off and on and eventually got it to connect to the internet However twice now it's suddenly had the exclamation mark over the wifi signal etc nbsp ps I checked the network adaptor Qualcomm Atheros AR b g n wifi adaptor nbsp Can anyone help Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Won-t-connect-to-Wifi-or-Disconnects-for-Wifi/td-p/5723025
Relevancy 80.84%

I try to connect to the internet but it says no networks are available even though my phone is connected to my wif and it says wifi is disabled but there is no button to enable it. I spoke with someone from google and we did a powerwash, now it is stuck on the main screen that says welcome, select your language keyboard, and network but I can't move pass this page because it says no networks are available. Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Can-t-connect-to-wifi-says-wifi-is-disabled/td-p/5836479
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi.just a little wifi problem.my laptop can not find my wifi connection,but my phone and other laptop can.i have no idea what is the problem.please help,thanks in advance.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wifi-problem-can-not-connect-my-wifi-4605910/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi ever since I installed Windows on my computer I've been having trouble connecting to the internet I have a wired connection to a Belkin router I have the latest firmware for the router When I start my computer sometimes it will automatically connect to the internet however most of the time it doesn't - Network have Config. IP Doesn't valid Unidentified I see Unidentified Network - Doesn't have valid IP Config. a yellow exclamation point over the networking icon at the bottom which says quot Unidentified Network - No Internet Access quot The only way to solve the problem is by running troubleshooter -- numerous times When the troubleshooter doesn't work it says quot Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP Configuration quot I then have to repeatedly troubleshoot or disable and enable my internet The troubleshooter quot Resets the local area connection adapter quot - which works sometimes but sometimes it doesn't Other times it connects to the Belkin router but says that there is quot No Internet Access quot I have disabled the Bonjour service which was a suggestion I saw in previous threads Please help me stop this annoyance of troubleshooting my connection every day

A:Unidentified Network - Doesn't have valid IP Config.

Hello Joe, Welcome!

Try updating you network adapter drivers. Go into Device Manager and right-click on your network adapter. If that does not work, go to the manufacturer's site and download them there.

Hope this helps,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/50573-unidentified-network-doesnt-have-valid-ip-config.html
Relevancy 79.98%

So I'm having a major problem with my laptop Been fine connecting have Doesn't Wireless valid IP Network a Config. Connection to the internet since day and now after having my laptop for about months It decides to connect but have quot Limited Access quot therefore not allowing me ANY Access I diagnosed the problem and it told me to shut router off all that stuff I shut the router off waited seconds turned it on all that jazz and says that I quot Completed quot that but now reads quot Wireless Network Connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot Now I clicked on quot Detection Details quot and not sure if this matters but seen these quot reason's quot a few times quot x quot quot x quot Wireless Network Connection Doesn't have a valid IP Config. and quot x quot my Wireless connection driver info for the laptop is Broadcom AG a b g draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter version I'm not sure what else you guys need to know but here is the IP Address of my desktop computer that IS UP AND RUNNING AND IN WORKING CONDITION IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway The Ip Address for my laptop that IS NOT WORKING IS AS FOLLOWS Autoconfiguration IPv Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway lt blank gt Thanks in advance to anyone who can Wireless Network Connection Doesn't have a valid IP Config. help me out Much appreciated

A:Wireless Network Connection Doesn't have a valid IP Config.

Welcome to Seven Forums,

If you have not done this yet, please manually download the latest driver for your Broadcom Driver here. Uninstall the device from your Computer's Device Manager and manually download the latest driver. Here's a Tutorial on how to update the driver.

An udpate will be nice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/215275-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-valid-ip-config.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello There have been already few threads open for this topic not only on this forum but on different ones around the world however the problem is still not solved thus I decided to open a new topic and Local Area config valid a IP doesn't have Connection solve this problem once and for all Here is the problem I cannot Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP config connect to my wired network it is stuck for a while at 'identifying' and then it Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP config says quot quot Local Area Connection quot doesn't have a valid IP configuration Not fixed quot I have tried restarting the laptop turning off on the router and modem manually assigning ip address disabling enabling network Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP config adapter disabling enabling TCP IPv I have tried basically everything - all the suggestions that I have found on different forums but nothing helps The weird thing is that I am connected to the same network via my wireless Finally the solution to the problem Right Clicked Local Area Connection Clicked Configure Advanced Tab Highlighted Network Address and changed value by entering random alphanumeric characters i used EF FD from the top of my mind Click OK Thanks to Possible solution for unidentified network access

A:Local Area Connection doesn't have a valid IP config

Quote: Originally Posted by Tiflis

Hello,
There have been already few threads open for this topic not only on this forum but on different ones around the world, however the problem is still not solved, thus I decided to open a new topic and solve this problem once and for all.
Here is the problem: I cannot connect to my wired network, it is stuck for a while at 'identifying' and then it says: " "Local Area Connection 2" doesn't have a valid IP configuration Not fixed "
I have tried restarting the laptop, turning off/on the router and modem, manually assigning ip address, disabling/enabling network adapter, disabling/enabling TCP/IPv6, I have tried basically everything - all the suggestions that I have found on different forums but nothing helps!
The weird thing is that I am connected to the same network via my wireless.
Finally the solution to the problem:
1.Right Clicked Local Area Connection
2.Clicked Configure
3.Advanced Tab
4.Highlighted Network Address and changed value by entering random 12 alphanumeric characters (i used 02EF22FD2310 from the top of my mind)
5. Click OK
Thanks to : Possible solution for unidentified network access

\
Thanks for posting a solution. Now the next person with that problem can search for it

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/79788-local-area-connection-doesnt-have-valid-ip-config.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Got randomly dc d from my router today tried reconnecting say that its an unidentified network and there s no internet connection here s the IP config file Windows IP Configuration Host Name CalumFirth-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter Physical Address IP config Network doesn't Connection valid Wireless have a C - - -B - F- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN Wireless Network Connection doesn't have a valid IP config adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n GHz Physical Address C - - -B -DF- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cc da bc Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F -D - E-D -BE-D - A-BC- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address D -BE-D - A-BC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a fa c f b a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained November Lease Expires November Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -F -D - E-D -BE-D - A-BC- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap E BC B- A- B -B - B C B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F- A- - EF - C C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C D- - A E- A - B CE B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fd bbb ade ba Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe bbb ade ba Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Yes it works on a cable I m using avast anti-virus The TCP IP repair didnt work I noticed the IPv address was wrong xxx x x rather than x x Help nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

recently usb resources wifi adaptor wifi wifi not recognized, hogging i was having major computer issues on my desktop i did a full restore to factory settings and after doing a few windows updates i found that my network adaptor was not finding any signals it does not show up in the change adaptor settings wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources page or in the device manager page when i troubleshoot my internet connection it says an ethernet cable is not properly plugged in I have a desktop computer but it definately has a wireless network card i used to get windows updates for it and it just stopped wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources working one day when i look in the BIOS the only option related to booting a network card is B D Yukon PXE no matter when i boot it i still dont get wireless signals when i go into the boot menu and try to boot this device it says quot PXE E media test failure please check cable quot i have opened the tower and the card is securely in its slot i thought i would workaround by getting a usb wifi card I installed it and connected to the internet and it alternated between having a connection to the internet and being connected to the network but not the internet even when it is connected to the internet i cannot reach any web pages my dropbox desktop files wifi adaptor not recognized, usb wifi hogging wifi resources update very slowly kb s when i am connected with the usb card the network stops working for everyone else in the house they can no longer reach web pages or continue downloads please help gateway DX AMD Phenom II X processor GHz GB DDRII RAM windows home premium EDIT additionally nothing shows up when i scan with avast antivirus nbsp

Relevancy 78.26%

Hello all and ahead of time thanks for your help I've searched google for around hours for solutions and have tried to apply them Ok first off my network card does say it's working properly when i go to device manager This just suddenly happened when i woke up one day after turning off my computer It is always saying quot identifying quot when i look at the connection in the network settings I live in Korea and i am plugged directly a craziness config area Local have valid doesn't ip connection error into this wall socket in my apartment so i really don't have a router Not sure what one would call that Anyways Local area connection doesn't have a valid ip config error craziness my IP address is starting with and im not sure if it's suppose to start with that I have everything set to quot obtain an IP address automatically quot but when i did an IPconfig it showed the address i heard it isn't suppose to be like that on various forums i am running windows bit and the things i have tried and have failed are disabling IPV tried to do a ipconfig release but it failed after giving me the error quot error occured while releasing interface LAN an address has not yet been associsated with the network endpoint have tried reenabling and disabling the network card about times tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers from the CD and also from just restarting windows i tried doing the quot netsh int ip reset reset log quot in the CMD and this told me something along the lines Two things are OK and it said restart for it to take effect I did restart but of course nothing worked I tried disabling the bonjour service in the services msc that some people had tried on this site and other sites and that also didn't work If anyone can help me through this i would greatly appreciate it Having no internet at home just sucks i have access at work only now and at internet cafes Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks for your help in the meantime Thanks Justin

A:Local area connection doesn't have a valid ip config error craziness

If you plug into a wall socket, that means you are not in control of the network you are connecting to. The 169 number you see is a private IP address your machine gives itself when it cannot obtain no other IPs.

What can you tell us about the network connection from the wall socket? Have you tried another machine? Is there a way you can test the building network from next door apartment (ie asking people if they have any issues).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/88578-local-area-connection-doesnt-have-valid-ip-config-error-craziness.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Over the last few days I have been getting this message daily. By going to the command prompt and typing ipconfig/release followed by ipconfig/renew the problem is resolved.
Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem permanently - what might have happened to cause this.

A:wifi does not have a valid ip

You could check to see whether, for some reason, your pc is not obtaining an IP address automatically.
click here that is not the problem you could try attaching an ethernet cable to your pc, delete the wifi connection, when you have established a connection set up your wifi again.
I have read that sometimes Apple's Bonjour service causes IP problems. Do you have iTunes installed by any chance?
If

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-does-not-have-valid-ip-4608484/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 76.97%
A:wifi does not have valid ip address

Looks like someone typed a Google DNS address into the IPv4 properties. That isn't a valid IP so you should turn on DHCP for the IPv4 properties of the connection. Just go to Network Connections via the Network and Sharing Center, find the wireless connection right click to properties and make sure that DHCP is enabled per the second picture.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/37447-wifi-does-not-have-valid-ip-address.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am not sure how I repair this problem but every few day my internet access stops working on a windows 8 platform. when I run diognostics it says WiFi does not have a valid IP Configuration. I am sendding this on a different computer using the same network so I know it is not a problem with our network or router. other computers on windows 7 are not having a problem including this one

A:wifi does not have a valid ip configuration

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show for a good connection and for the problem condition ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

IPCONFIG /ALL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-configuration.1096425/
Relevancy 76.97%

I ran a system restore as my Acer computer was acting a bit strange. When it rebooted I could nolonger access internet. Tried numerous thing ie, safe mode.malwarebyte but scan incomplete because I can't get online for update. Computer repair says I have a virus. Wifi works fine on all my other devices. Please Help

A:No valid IP configuration for Wifi

Before System Restore, how was your computer acting strange? Did you see pop-ups or was it slow?
FYI, it's possible to undo the changes System Restore has made, but before that, let's check some network issues.
Can you ping 127.0.0.1 and 8.8.8.8 and google.com ?

Press the Windows Button and R simultaneously.
A small window called "Run" will appear, typ in cmd
A new window will open, here you can use the Ping command. (ping [IP-Address or Hostname])

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610243/no-valid-ip-configuration-for-wifi/
Relevancy 76.11%

sir i have the same problem,i used to connect to my collage wifi , which is powered by sonicwall for the past 1 year,but i can t able to connect it anymore from my room.... i use TP link wifi routerTL-WN7200ND...my singnals are good in my room buy it not connecting,sayin unidentified network...i tried formating c dive and re installed OS and all, i tried even windows 7,but my problem is not solved,i have huge head ache with this for the past two days,,plsssss help me....
i tried ipconfig cmd command and many, but none of them worked for me.........
i forgot tell something,i can connecto the proxy from a 10 rooms after my room,with the same singnal strength......
but not from my room....

A:wifi does not have valid ip configuration in windows 8

this if from my friends room

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31500-wifi-does-not-have-valid-ip-configuration-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Background I was a happy user of Windows I did the upgrade to Windows and the internet connection seemed to work fine for two days Then a couple days ago Windows did the usual software updates after which I shut down my computer Next time I opened it up yesterday it would not connect to the internet no matter what I am computer savvy so tried all the valid have does not 8 Windows configuration a Wifi IP usual suspects but to no avail I used the troubleshooting tool which came up with quot WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration quot Please don't tell me to turn off on the router Tried that and it doesn't work Windows 8 Wifi does not have a valid IP configuration The microsoft forums have been mostly useless as well I've also tried the following from the command prompt run as admin netsh winsock reset catalog reset winsock entries netsh int ip reset reset log hit reset TCP IP stack quot Then rebooted and still no luck I'm inclined to think this may be a compatibility issue perhaps the drivers I have a Toshiba Satellite P The bottom line is that my computer is now a useless brick and it's costing me money by not being able to get online for my work Below is my ipconfig all information I am hopeful that someone may have useful information to solve this problem once and for all My only other option is to revert back to Windows which actually does work and avoid Windows until it becomes a relatively bug free and viable OS Thanks for your help ipconfig all details below Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name WRS Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address -DE- B- E- D-FF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - B- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter WiFi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR WB- NG Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address -DE- B- E- D-FF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c b da b beff d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -E - - -DE- B- E- D-FF DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap AA C C-ECE - AE-B -C FB E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C WINDOWS system gt

A:Windows 8 Wifi does not have a valid IP configuration

Since we're talking about wifi (wireless networking) I suspect you have a laptop. What I'm thinking is that the driver windows 8 has given you is not happy with your wireless card. More than 1 users suffer from this. Try updating the driver. Though not by the standard way of updating, since its just gonna say it already had the most updated one.
If you have another laptop/computer avaliable, Search for the driver on that one. Remove the previous driver and install a new one. I hope this will work for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-wifi-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-configuration-680127.html
Relevancy 76.11%

After updating windows last night I woke up with this error I've googled and tried netsh commands but it didn't work Any help would be appriciated Also tried updating drivers did not work using the ipconfig release causes no operation can be performed error My ipconfig all if anybody needs it Windows IP Configuration Host Name Oracle Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No doesnt configuration a Wifi valid have IP WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer E Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address F -CA-B - - -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address E-B -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Killer Wireless-n a ac Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address C-B -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Wifi doesnt have a valid IP configuration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address Wifi doesnt have a valid IP configuration fe be f df ced Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - F-B - A- A- C-B -D - - - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address C-B -D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D CC F - F- AD- - C A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/69669-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello IP / Sharing) No Ethernet Valid Usb / (WiFi configuration everyone I come to you after i wandered and tryed all No Valid IP configuration (WiFi / Ethernet / Usb Sharing) reset protocol as possible throughout the world I've never done this before But I can't wait anymore So I come on forums looking for a kind soul So my problem My computer worked fine until now Then I tried to connect on the new ethernet of my apartment in Japan And then This is the drama No More valid IP configuration No Valid IP configuration (WiFi / Ethernet / Usb Sharing) on all my connections I'm on Windows I have three types of connections that works on my other computer Ethernet Net Asahi Fiber Optics No Valid IP configuration (WiFi / Ethernet / Usb Sharing) Wifi Softbank Pocket Wifi Usb sharing connection NTT Docomo on Android Huawei For the three No Valid IP configuration appears I tried Norton analysisregisters integrity analysis Uninstall all my network card drivers and reinstall them by restarting each time Reset my IP setting TCPIP Winsock flushdns release ipconfig renew with all controls can be found on the net admin Spend my Ip automatic search and DNS Protocol on IPV and IPV Disable my Norton firewall and windows Delete my winsock register and and restore Restart DHCP service Reset all my routersThe resolution tool for windows network problems times Reinstall the protocol of connection C Windows INFSpend hours with Windows technical service charming person but could not help me Well I think I've been around I am joining you ipconfig all with three connections A Windows error reports of the problem solving manager A print screen of my graphics card drivers and my device manager Nouveau document texte txt Please Save me Thank you

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/129013-no-valid-ip-configuration-wifi-ethernet-usb-sharing.html
Relevancy 75.25%

hello....i have been using win8 for 2 weeks now and all has been great but this morn i try to go online and get the error of invalid ip config. been working on it for several hours to no avail. can anyone tell me whats going on please?

actually, i restarted the network and win8 fixed everything....all the win7 pc's were working while win8 did not......if someone can let me know how to remove this thread will be appreciated.

A:WiFi doesnt have valid IP configuration error

The thread doesn't have to be deleted, would be good for others to ad later on.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/3377-wifi-doesnt-have-valid-ip-configuration-error.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Before I bring this computer in I'll try one last shot with posting on forums rather than just reading them I've tried just about everything I can think of to google and coming to those more literate in hopes that I've missed something in my travels Though I've tried all the usual suspects setsh and all the rest I'm fine with re-trying everything from the beginning as well Here's the specs and the answers to some common questions C WINDOWS system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thibs Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WiFi and Ethernet Unidentified Network/valid IP both configuration: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek USB GbE Family Controller Physical Address C-EB-E - - - DHCP Enabled Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-D -B -CC- - - - -D - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Physical Address - - - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d d f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-D -B -CC- - - - -D - DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C WINDOWS system gt IP addresses are set to connect automatically for both IPv and Antivirus disabled Network adapters uninstalled and autofound When attempting to install latest Realtek drivers the following message appears Realtek Network Controller was not found Says the driver is installed but it is the same version as before When running Realtek's diagnostic utility the following error appears Fail set Operates normally except when clicking on Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter which causes it to display Fail Set again and reset the program I admit I don't know what Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter or Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection refer to Asus UX F laptop running Windows x Becomes quite warm since the problem maybe due to trying to connect Used to run extremely cool so it is a noticeable difference I tried a bunch of other things as well but clearly I'm just missing something here so might as well start from the beginning o Thanks for any guidance you can give

A:Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi

When you see your IP address in the 169.254.xxx.xxx range that means you are not getting a DNS from your router. Try to turn your router off for about 15 seconds and then turn it back on and see if that helps.

You may have to restart your computer also.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/54443-unidentified-network-valid-ip-configuration-both-ethernet-wifi.html
Relevancy 72.67%

This is driving me mad I've been through multiple forums Intel's support site Dell's support site Microsoft's support site and nobody seems to have a straight solution My new laptop came with Windows pre-installed I updated all drivers from Dell's website and installed the latest Intel PROSet WIFI drivers v I have not installed any anti-virus software and I don't see any installed by Dell I'm not using any extra firewall software beyond the native windows one and I have not changed it s configuration Any software out there that can scan your PC for A-V and or firewall issues None of my other devices have any connectivity issues at all If I use an Ethernet cable the laptop works perfectly so it's definitely a WIFI issue I've disabled the Bluetooth adapter and the Ethernet adapter so that only the WIFI adapter is left enabled I've tried disabling the Intel drivers and just using Windows to connect I've tried using fixed IP address instead of DHCP I've reset the router basically I've tried all of the obvious things I also tried the suggestions to use command line instruction to reset the IP config limited connectivity Intel invalid IP / WIFI Win8 stack etc but they had no effect I feel like it's the drivers themselves Should I remove the Intel drivers completely Windows IP Configuration Host Name rob laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN Win8 Intel WIFI limited connectivity / invalid IP config adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - - -E - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address -E - - - - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Ultimate-N AGN Physical Address - - -E - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b f ff e aea Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - B- - - -E - E- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix home Description Intel R LM Gigabit Network Connection Physical Address D -BE-D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FEE C -BEBD- D F-BB - E AEE C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Win8 Intel WIFI limited connectivity / invalid IP config

Welcome to the forum Rob.

Do the other systems have WiFi working because according to your ipconfig/all you aren't picking up anything from the router here.

When you reset the router, did you hold down the hidden button on the side for 30 seconds or did you just reboot the router?

Assuming the router is working and other wireless devices can connect.

Have you tried removing the preinstalled trial version A/V software which is typically preinstalled on your factory Dell system?

Depending on which one is installed you would need to use the special removal tool to get rid of it completely or problems will ensue.

It can also help to remove all the preinstalled bloatware from your new system. Decrapifier will locate those preinstalled programs so that they can safely be removed.

Download | The PC Decrapifier

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21700-win8-intel-wifi-limited-connectivity-invalid-ip-config.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I got that message when I did the basic troubleshoot for my connection The internet was working earlier this morning and has been working for the past few months but when I got back home today it just seemingly randomly stopped for no reason Yes I know there have been lots of people asking about this problem IP Connection" a config valid "Local doesn't have Area and I've tried a few different things but I just can't get the internet to work I'm pretty sure it's not the router a computer with WXP works just fine as well as Xbox "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP config Live Ipconfig in command prompt came up with as Autoconfig IPv if that makes a difference My only active network is an unidentified public network I've reset PC modem and router Ping was successful so does that mean it isn't the NIC The NIC is I believe a Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet I didn't have the option to rollback drivers so I guess that won't work Tried netsh int ip reset and netsh winsock reset Suggestions BTW I'm a total noob with computers and networking so I partially have no idea what I'm really talking about

A:"Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP config

Quote: Originally Posted by Guy

I got that message when I did the basic troubleshoot for my connection. The internet was working earlier this morning, and has been working for the past few months, but when I got back home today it just, seemingly randomly, stopped for no reason.

Yes, I know there have been lots of people asking about this problem, and I've tried a few different things, but I just can't get the internet to work.

I'm pretty sure it's not the router, a computer with WXP works just fine, as well as Xbox Live. Ipconfig in command prompt came up with 169.254.187.196 as Autoconfig IPv4, if that makes a difference. My only active network is an unidentified, public network.

I've reset PC, modem, and router. Ping 127.0.0.1 was successful, so does that mean it isn't the NIC? The NIC is, I believe, a Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet. I didn't have the option to rollback drivers so I guess that won't work =/.

Tried netsh int ip reset and netsh winsock reset.

Suggestions?
BTW I'm a total noob with computers and networking so I partially have no idea what I'm really talking about

The fact that ipconfig is showing the 169.254.187.196 indicates that the nic/wifi is not connecting with the router. You might want to re-boot the router and pc at the same time.

If that doesnt fix it you need to examine the advanced adapter settings.

Let us know so we can help you.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/74002-local-area-connection-doesnt-have-valid-ip-config.html
Relevancy 71.38%

While this or similar issue seems to have happened elsewhere if the various threads are any indication however none of the solutions have worked with my issue Computer was working fine on Thursday Appears to have been an update restart overnight Now there is no internet connection on a desktop running Win It is seeing both the ethernet and the WiFi computer "Ethernet" a IP valid only have 1 doesn't config, connecdtion however there is no access and when troubleshooting those connections it says 'Ethernet or "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP config, only 1 computer WiFi doesn't have a valid IP configuration quot I'm using an XFinity Qualcomm modem router single device I have ethernet cables plugged in one to the home computer the one with the issue one to a Win laptop that's working same as it ever was and one going to a powerline adapter and running a second wireless router and the Roku box Again everything is working fine EXCEPT the home computer I have talked with my ISP They've said it's not their issue I've powered down drained the power left it unplugged and drained all weekend restarted rebooted reset the modem ipconfig release then ipconfig renew I can't get anything to work the connections still say limited and no access I manually added the laptop's IP settings in the ipv settings and shut off the laptop all to no avail Here's a screenshot of the ipconfig data I'm usually pretty good at doping these things out but this one has me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated Regards wec

A:"Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP config, only 1 computer

Have you tried uninstalling the Ethernet adapter from Device Manager then rebooting and letting Windows rediscover it and reload the driver? Sometimes that fixes it.

If not, try adding a new Gigabit Ethernet card.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65741-ethernet-doesnt-have-valid-ip-config-only-1-computer.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a perfectly running PC and a working wireless adapter but funny thing is that my home wifi cant be detected while neighbor's wifi are listed down. The problem occur whenever I send my PC to repair, after the whole process when I want to get my PC connected to the internet but just cant. It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters, I dont want to keep buying new wireless adapters just to search for my own wifi. My other devices worked fine with my home wifi as I am typing this on my Iphone instead because my PC cant detect my own wifi !!!!!! VERY FURIOUS.

thanks for reading and i really hope for an answer as soon as possible because i just wana dota on my new PC.. please help me.

A:Wifi adapter can detect other wifi but not my own wifi

It has happened to me 3 times and total I bought 3 different wireless adapters,Click to expand...

has that resoved the issue or not
it maybe the signal is broadcasting on channel 12/13

can you connect the pc directly to the router with a cable and then
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-adapter-can-detect-other-wifi-but-not-my-own-wifi.1156359/
Relevancy 70.95%

I'm running 8.1. In some hotels I access their wifi and the icon says connected, but its not. No splash screen or anything. Other hotels and places I connect without any trouble when the icon says connected. What can I do? I deleted previous connections
that I will not use again.

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0c54b3d8-8db7-4c83-8310-26720ff69f46/unable-to-connect-in-some-hotels-even-though-the-wifi-icon-says-connected-but-can-connect-fine-in?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm a new Plusnet customer and I cannot connect to the internet using wifi I just get a page saying the broadband is down. So I tried using an ethernet cable and after manually setting this up I can use the internet. I accidentally disconnected the cable yesterday but the internet didn't fault, it's now working wirelessly. I can connect to the wifi using my mobile and iPad but I cannot connect to the internet. A new router has been sent and the problem still persists, a bt engineer has also visited but cannot find a solution.

Can anybody please help me?

A:I can't connect to wifi but connect with an Ethernet cable works, even when it isn't plugged in

It gets confusing as to which device is being used so as a guideline
disable one or the other (wifi vs wired) and don't allow both to be active at the same time. Technically, which ever device gets an IP address from your router will become the gateway to your ISP - - ignoring the connectivity of the second device to access your router.

With a laptop, we just toggle the keyboard to enable/disable wifi and the wired is easy - - just pull the cable out.

create a desktop shortcut to \windows\system32\devmgmt.msc
to control the devices (needs admin access)
expand [+] network adapters and you'll see the list
mine are

Dell Wireless 1502 ....
Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
Just right-click->disable and you can always right-click->enable

The png posted shows both are enabled and the wired has the gateway.
If the cable is disconnected, this is quite impossible.

SO, first control which device is to be used and then make the connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-connect-to-wifi-but-connect-with-an-ethernet-cable-works-even-when-it-isnt-plugged-in.204891/
Relevancy 70.52%

This is the idea, I have DVR for CCTV and I need to configure it for port forwarding, and since it has only LAN connection it is not possible to connect in pocket wifi, so i used to have a wireless router since it has a LAN connection. But I do not know how to do this connection as the wireless router to be a bridge in my pocket wifi to DVR, Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

A:How to connect pocket wifi to wireless router, to connect the dvr for cctv?

I'm not at all sure I understand. Are you trying to use the wireless router as a Wireless Bridge (to connect to the pocket wifi via wireless and the DVR via ethernet)? If so, does the router have wireless bridge (or AP Client) mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-connect-pocket-wifi-to-wireless-router-to-connect-the-dvr-for-cctv.1140640/
Relevancy 70.09%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 69.66%

I've been trying to solve this problem for days now Using Win bit finally gave me this error to work with after tiresome troubleshooting but I don't know what this means or how to fix it quot LAN doesn't a doesn't valid Config" have "LAN IP have a valid IP Config quot It's weird because I could use the net just fine with the RC bit and also on my other XP OS's I use a cable modem All the settings are set to detect automatically The settings are "LAN doesn't have a valid IP Config" the same as all my other OS's but this OS won't connect to the internet and half the time it won't even connect to the Network When I reboot the modem or adapter it will often see the network temporarily and try to connect to the internet but then it keeps losing connection and then randomly connecting to network again Oh and when it does connect to the network it says it's an quot Unidentified Network quot It has even momentarily connected to the internet once or twice but only momentarily Can anyone PLEASE help me to resolve this I've checked tutorials and other posts but I haven't found any help that way Thank you

A:"LAN doesn't have a valid IP Config"

Open a command prompt. Copy and paste:
ipconfig /allcompartments /all
Hit enter. Please post a screenshot so us wonderful people here at Sevenforums.com can help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/31873-lan-doesnt-have-valid-ip-config.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I got a new Asus RT-N10E router. Using it over Windows 7.

Router was working fine until someone switched it off once. Now though I can see other wifi signals, my router doesn't show up. I have tried removing the connection and searching for it again. It doesn't work. I tried completely switching off the router and restarting my computer. That too doesn't work.

Strangest of all, I can see the connection over my smartphone, my kindle Fire but not on my laptop.

Please help me out guys.

Relevancy 69.23%

Hello all I had again problems with my wi-fi connection both at work and at home Although I usually I could connect after one or two reboots this time after five restarts the adapter does not connect This bored me Currently I am connected with a Linux distribution then I'll post wifi work doesn't My the information on the network adapter that this distribution gives me Code lspci -vvnn grep -A Network Network controller Broadcom Corporation BCM bgn Wireless Network Adapter e rev Subsystem Broadcom Corporation Device e Control I O- Mem BusMaster SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB B- DisINTx- Status Cap MHz- UDF- FastB B- ParErr- DEVSEL fast gt TAbort- lt TAbort- lt MAbort- gt SERR- lt PERR- INTx- Latency Cache My wifi doesn't work Line Size bytes Interrupt pin A routed to IRQ Region Memory at -bit non-prefetchable size K Capabilities lt access denied gt Kernel driver in use bcma-pci-bridge iwconfig wlan IEEE bgn ESSID quot MyWiFi quot Mode Managed Frequency GHz Access Point A A DE Bit Rate Mb s Tx-Power dBm Retry long limit RTS thr off Fragment thr off Power Management off Link Quality Signal level - dBm Rx invalid nwid Rx invalid crypt Rx invalid frag Tx excessive retries Invalid misc Missed beacon lshw -c network -network description Network controller product BCM bgn Wireless Network Adapter vendor Broadcom Corporation physical id bus info pci version width bits clock MHz capabilities bus master cap list configuration driver bcma-pci-bridge latency resources irq memory - fff -network description Wireless interface physical id logical name wlan serial f f a b capabilities ethernet physical wireless configuration broadcast yes driver brcmsmac driverversion - -generic firmware ip link yes multicast yes wireless IEEE bgn I hope that this information may be useful Thanks in advance My wifi doesn't work for your help

A:My wifi doesn't work

It is a Linux issue, you need to go to a forum that deals with the Distro you are using. Broadcom chips have a big issue with the Linux Kernel no cooperating with them, so you have to use "Man in the Middle" software to get them to work. You are better off using either a Realtek or Intel chip Networking adapter.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/68230-my-wifi-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey

I'm having an issue with my home wifi. It works fine on all devices except my pc (which was also working fine till last night).
However my home network doesn't show up on my pc even tho I can see my neighbours networks. I've done a hard router reset, and have reinstalled the adapter driver, and have done a system restore, but its still not working.

I'm on windows 8.1 and my wifi adapter is tp link.

Thanks for your time

A:Wifi doesn't show up

lets see an xirrus screen shot

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-doesnt-show-up.1159990/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a free wifi connection provided by my property management it is unsecured and password free I've been connecting to it with no problems on my laptop running vista for weeks. I bought a tenda 11n wireless usb device so I could get my desktop connected to it also, I set up and installed the card I connect to the wireless network like it was nothing but it will not connect to the internet please try and help me out thanks

A:Free wifi in my apy will connect but won't connect w/ internet

Imagine that. On another board, it was a neighbor, and I closed that because you are violating the terms of service for the ISP. Now you're here, and suddenly it's a new story.

In any case, I'm closing this one too, since I really doubt the second story!

You may want to read the TSG Rules, we don't assist in illegal activities here either.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/free-wifi-in-my-apy-will-connect-but-wont-connect-w-internet.883995/
Relevancy 68.8%

hi, i have an alienware m15x r2 which i recently upgraded to windows 8 through a clean install. everything works great except for the wireless, and i cannot for the life of me figure out whats run. ive tried about 10 different wifi points on campus and tried wirelessly tethering tommy phone and nothing works. the wireless card is a broadcom aw1397. also when i run ipconfig, it says there is no default gateway for the connection

A:Wifi does not connect, limited connection or cannot connect

Bump plz help

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12320-wifi-does-not-connect-limited-connection-cannot-connect.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi All After much trawling on the net i have finally given in and am seeking direct help When i choose the connection's icon from the task bar to connect to wifi the connection side bar appears for a brief instant and disappears At the moment i can connect to the network in my home since it is default but anywhere else i cant choose a new network Same occurs when i try to display available networks from the network and sharing centre I made a workaround which is very cumbersome for a casual user command prompt and listed and deleted the profiles using the netsh wlan command Network and sharing Setup new connection Connect connect. Wifi disappearing, cant sidebar or network Manually connect to a wireless network typed the credentials of the network checked start this connection automatically box and apply i needed to know the details for this Any answers as to why i cant' see the list of available networks or an easier work around or just see it briefly would be a help Cheers in advance Gerry

A:Wifi Connect sidebar disappearing, cant connect.

Did not find a solution to my problem, so resorted to a 'refresh', which gave me the the full functionality for the sidebar.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47558-wifi-connect-sidebar-disappearing-cant-connect.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello guys,
i'm new here and Im really desperate for your help!
As i stated,when I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden.The really annoying thing though is tha i can connect via my smartphone without any problem.
Do you have any suggestions? Im using Vista if that matters.

A:When I try to connect to my wifi it says unable to connect because it is hidden

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-try-to-connect-to-my-wifi-it-says-unable-to-connect-because-it-is-hidden.1131695/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,

I am not able to connect internet via wifi (although I can connect to the router). I am able to connect to internet via plunging the cable.

I see that yellow triangle with "!" mark in the internet connection.

Please help!!

Shailesh Jajotar

Relevancy 68.8%

My HP Envy m6 laptop cannot connect to our wifi connection and only connects using the cable connection, ethernet. It was still fine when I downloaded windows 8.1 but all of a sudden displays limited/no connectivity. I tried everything I can including resetting tcp ip settings thru command prompt, finding other drivers till someone suggested me to put my laptop back to windows 8. Still didn't fix the problem. Now, my laptop does not access wifi nor detect any wireless connection whether our home wifi, or others. Please do help me. I really need to fix this. I'm a student and I badly need wifi connection since its the only available connection in our school. I am not knowledgable about this issue and it would be really great if someone could help. Thank you so much!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Envy m6 cannot connect/detect wifi but can connect to eth...

Hi, Please try "Ralink 802.11 b/g/n WiFi Adapter":    http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57538.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Envy-m6-cannot-connect-detect-wifi-but-can-connect-to/td-p/4375364
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Guys This is Viral I am using an Acer laptop model ASPIRE since the last five years There haven't been much issues with it restor 5100 intel Issues is r as systm installed WiFi link after wifi not d with except for the battery and thats it But recently since last two weeks I noticed that my Wifi would stop blinking after sometime after I start my laptop and then it wouldn't work even when I try to turn on and turn off the Wifi switch it doesn't respond anything I tried searching the net for this issue using my office laptop and found that a system restore would help to solve this issue Since I remembered that I updated Java as well as there was this ad software which got installed and I had unistalled it So I did a system restore and then when I opened the device manager I am not able to see intel r wifi link driver on it I tried restarting my laptop and did everything and couldn't find the driver it was there before Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor the system restore But later on the same day the driver got installed automatically and the WiFi started working but only for a couple of minutes after the restart and then it stopped So I did the system restore again to the date when everything was working perfectly and when i did that again my intel r wifi link driver is not shown on the device manager network adapters I don't if it would automatically get installed or not but its sure Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor that the WiFi issue still be there So can you please help with this issue Help me get the intel r wifi link driver back Help me the solve the WiFi issue as the WiFi light goes Off It would be grateful if any of you guys could help me out this issue since I am applying for further studies and require the internet connection in the night for filling the forms I have the office laptop but all my documents and my Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor software are there in my personal laptop Please help me sir My machine info Processor - Intel Core Duo CPU T GHZ Memory - GB System type - bit operating system Windows Vista Home Premium

A:Issues with WiFi as intel r wifi link 5100 is not installed after d systm restor

Select Model, Select Operating System, Download your Drivers

There is also a hardware detection tool to assist you.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

If the software is listed in add/remove programs; Uninstall it.

If the device is listed in device manager; uninstall it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541806/issues-with-wifi-as-intel-r-wifi-link-5100-is-not-installed-after-d-systm-restor/
Relevancy 68.8%

I ve read through hundreds of posts trying to figure out my issue Unfortunately I ve been unsuccessful Here s the at WiFi office home Company Connects not but at WiFi Solved: Secure to Laptop issue I was given a new laptop for work and it connects fine to our secure wireless network at the office but when I brought it home it will not connect to my wireless network at home When I try to connect to my network at home the wireless manager sits and spins saying quot trying to acquire network address quot I have iPhones eMachine and Macbook connected to my network working fine and dandy However the HP laptop from work simply won t connect unless wired I have tried the following Uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Power Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home Cycled my Router Power Cycled my entire network WinsockXPFix tool I m completely at a loss here No idea what to do to fix this I m running Windows XP and have a Wire router I appreciate any advice anyone can give me to help solve this annoyance nbsp

A:Solved: Company Laptop Connects to Secure WiFi at office but not WiFi at home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-company-laptop-connects-to-secure-wifi-at-office-but-not-wifi-at-home.848389/
Relevancy 68.37%

When i was using windows 8 the wifi was good and would never get disrupted.But i updated to windows 8.1 and now when am downloading something the wifi gets disconnected and wont show the network even if the router is on and my phone is still connected to it.I have to toggle the wifi on and off for some 6-7 times and then toggle airplane mode on and off for 3-4 times to get it to discover the network.Is this because of the adapter or driver and my laptop has a ralink wifi adapter.What should i do?Thanks

A:Windows 8.1 wifi issue ralink wifi adapter and envy 15t j001...

Goutham, Welcome to the HP Forum. You might try the following Ralink driver for Windows 8.1 :sp63945 Mediatek - alink 802.11 WiFi Adapter V5.0.34.0 - Win 8.1 [Devices] (Hardware Ids)PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_5390="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539F="Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3592="Ralink RT3592 802.11a/b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090="Ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539A="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_539B="Ralink RT5390R 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3290="Ralink RT3290 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter"PCI\VEN_14C3&DEV_7630="Mediatek MT7630E 802.11bgn Wi-Fi Adapter "Your computer's webpage does show a few drivers for Windows 8.1:HP ENVY TouchSmart 15-j001tx Notebook PC Drivers  Hope this helps. Click the Kudos Star!It is a great ?Thank You? to the HP Experts who are here to help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-wifi-issue-ralink-wifi-adapter-and-envy-15t/td-p/3117459
Relevancy 68.37%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I have recently bought a new pci wifi lan card Ralink rt turbo and have plugged in and installed drivers Initially the drivers the company I bought it from 7 any Ralink WiFi not windows RT61 card, signals wifi Lan receiving told me to install didn't work but after some googling found the correct drivers and downloaded from Ralinks website However these didn't work either When using the Ralink wireless utility it says that the card is disconnected however in device manage it is both connect Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals and the correct drivers installed and everything is perfectly fine I ignored the wireless utility and hoped that windows would still be able to use the wireless card as past experiences have shown to be true This case however I get nothing Windows says that the Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals wireless card is experiencing problems it doesn't show any of the routers that should be shown I have been looking around a lot and there have been several drivers Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals that should have worked and they haven't I would have thought that the antenna is broken or the card doesn't work however when I use it with ubuntu instead of windows it works perfectly fine without any hassle so the card is definitely working Any advice that anyone can give on how to resolve this would be very welcome Thanks Aieden

A:Ralink RT61 WiFi Lan card, windows 7 not receiving any wifi signals

Have a look at this thread.

Ralink RT61 Turbo Wireless Driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236001-ralink-rt61-wifi-lan-card-windows-7-not-receiving-any-wifi-signals.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I ve been having a problem of late where ethernet doesn't Wifi works, my ethernet connection has been unable to gain internet access and reportedly shows the network as being unidentified It will be unable to connect for a long period during the day and then regains access However if I connect my USB Wifi adapter it picks up the network immediately and internet connection isn t a problem This is the ipconfig all whilst both USB Wifi and ethernet cable are connected C Users Owner gt ipconfig ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Marty-PC Wifi works, ethernet doesn't Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - C- D-E - C-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Wifi works, ethernet doesn't Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - C- D-E - C-D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ae a Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday October PM Lease Expires Thursday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -AE- - C-F Wifi works, ethernet doesn't - -EC-EB- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C-F - -EC-EB- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe fcce baf d e Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -A -AE- - C-F - -EC-EB- DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap D E BED- - B -AF - E B B F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B - - CC- AE - C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap C B ECB -CBBE- DA-AA E- B C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Owner gt nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hey Guys I have Solved: Work Doesn't WiFi an ASUS G VX Laptop Lately the wireless Solved: WiFi Doesn't Work internet will work sometimes Mostly not The diagnostics says quot turn on wireless quot but it won t turn on I ve tried the switch and the FN Keys Right now I m using the Solved: WiFi Doesn't Work laptop and it works fine I m running windows and have an Intel WiFi Link Mdl AN MMW I have an ASUS N Router Is this Intel my network adapter Do you think it could be going bad Thanks Brian Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Brian gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Brian-Laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - E- -C -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - E- -C -D - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ef f ec Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Saturday August AM Lease Expires Sunday August AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -BB- D- -E -BA- E-A - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -E -BA- E-A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c b bd de Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe c b bd de Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap AEF -DD - A - D-F E A E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Brian gt nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I've a work - Tecra WiFi doesn't S11 problem with the WiFi adapter of our new Toshiba Tecra S - G PTSE E notebooks I preinstalled one notebook with Win Pro x all preconditioned notebook drivers and toshiba intel tools Then I Tecra S11 - WiFi doesn't work syspreped the notebook took an image of it and rolled out Tecra S11 - WiFi doesn't work the image over the other Tecra S notebooks Now I have the same problem on all notebooks The WiFi adapter Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N AGN has the latest driver installed but it can't access wireless networks it can't even find some The switch for wireless devices is turned on FN F also says that WiFi is enabled When I try to create an ad hoc wireless network it says quot An unexpected error occured quot After rightclick on the 'Wireless Network Connection' gt 'Diagnose' Windows finds a Problem It says quot There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter quot but Windows can't fix the problem wow surprise - I reinstalled the driver many times without any improvements Updating the driver with windows update didn't help too I've installed the following notebook tools - AuthenTec Fingerprint Software - Intel Management Engine Components - TOSHIBA Fingerprint Utility - TOSHIBA HDD Protection - TOSHIBA Mobile Broadband Device - TOSHIBA Value Added Package - TOSHIBA Wireless Manager In the Device Manager are no Unknown Devices remaining In System Information under 'Components' gt 'Problem Devices' are no devices listed I have no ideas left how to fix the problem

A:Tecra S11 - WiFi doesn't work

What security software do you have installed?

Maybe the software is blocking Wifi connections.

You may want to run Toshiba Recovery to rule out a software problem.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56874-Tecra-S11-WiFi-doesn-t-work
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello I recently purchased a new laptop with WiFi saved Laptop see doesn't the following specs ------------------System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name ALITRON Operating System Windows Single Laptop doesn't see saved WiFi Language -bit Build winblue gdr - Language Arabic Regional Setting Arabic System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion Notebook PC BIOS F Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows Laptop doesn't see saved WiFi DirectX Version DirectX I immediately connected to my WiFi but I had to restart my laptop after which the laptop didn't see my WiFi I surfed the internet looking for solutions and apparently changing the SSID of the network was supposed to fix it which did but I eventually had to restart the laptop and again the WiFi was no longer visible I can still see other WiFi connections in the neighborhood I have tried reinstalling my drivers updating my drivers and some other fixes which never really fixed it I really need help with this thanks in advance I would also like to mention that I am currently using some external device to see my WiFi connection and it sees it normally

A:Laptop doesn't see saved WiFi

Open up a Command Window in the Desktop and paste the following in it, then post the results in a follow-up message (without the quotes): "netsh wlan show all". State in the post, which A/P is yours.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45271-laptop-doesnt-see-saved-wifi.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm located in Mexico at the moment Here the internet is pretty unreliable at times I use izzi Work Connection Wifi Doesn't also known as cablemas Many times the internet would go out modem go out etc happens randomly Its not only me but others as well that i know who live here in Mexico My issue now is my modem which also acts as the router you cannot connect via wifi I have an ethernet cable so thus im connected hardwired I almost always connect hard wired The thing though is if i didn't have an ethernet cable i cannot go online I try to connect to it from my laptop but it doesn't connect I try to connect from my iphone it keep asking me for the password before i click join I typed the password and it keeps getting me back to the Wifi Connection Doesn't Work same screen of what is my password My password on my laptop is already saved and thats why it doesnt ask me on laptop But can someone tell me why my wifi doesn't work Basically if i had no ethernet cable i cannot connect via wifi I have powered off and powered on the modem same issue Is it with my settings If so where in settings do i go and check it The thing is i havent ever changed my settings since i dont know how to do this Back in the us i recall i would go xxx xxx and then go to settings etc

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/393532-wifi-connection-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My mom's friend brought over her laptop and said "All of a sudden the WiFi stopped working". So I turned it on and I looked at the device manager. It said it was working fine and that no new software was needed. Then I checked to see if the laptop had a switch to turn the WiFi off, but it didn't. I looked more through it and I am very confused. All it says is that there is no networks available. It's a gateway from best buy running Windows Vista (Sorry for coming here I do know the website is windows 7). The Model Number is: MD7818u

A:WiFi doesn't pick up a signal

New issue. It doesn't want to boot at all for some odd reason!

Edit: Trying to let Startup Repair fix it, but I doubt it will help

Edit: Ok so now when I boot it there is a black screen with the mouse and it's stuck there (even in safe mode). Are there any suggestions on what to do now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196960-wifi-doesnt-pick-up-signal.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello!I can't connect to any wifi networks. I can see all of them, but after I type the password and hit connect, it tells me "Checking network requirements" and "Can't connect to this network".My adapter is Ralink RT5390.I tryed: 1. updating the driver(via HP Support Assistant / via a direct download that I found on this forum); 2.  the "troubleshoot problems" method; 3. some unconventional methods that some users posted on the internet; 4. some conventional methods that i found posted on microsoft forums; 5. reinstalling the windows;In windows 7, the wifi works without any problem, but I don't want to go back to w7. Any help would be appreciated! 

A:WiFi doesn't work on windows 8, 8.1, 10

Hi: See if the driver directly from Mediatek works for you. The card should at least work with W8 if it is working for W7... PCI/ mPCI / CB(RT2860/ RT2760/RT2790/ RT309X/ RT35X2/ RT539X/ RT3290/ MT7630)11/3/2015Win7 32/64 Win8 32/64 Win8.1 32/64Win7:5.0.59.0 Win8:5.0.59.0 Win8.1:5.0.57.0 Win10:5.0.57.0

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-doesn-t-work-on-windows-8-8-1-10/td-p/5382808
Relevancy 68.37%

My laptop doesn't work with wifi when I first open it. It will show at the bottom of the screen that it is fully connected and has full bars, but when I open the internet the pages will not open. I must restart the computer and then it will work. How can I fix this?

A:Laptop doesn't work with wifi

When the WiFi is active, the laptop NIC should be disabled - - easy - - just unplug the the cable to the router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-doesnt-work-with-wifi.201724/
Relevancy 68.37%

I just moved and have been trying to get my PC connected to the internet at my new place. I have a Dlink AC750 dual band wireless router, and my computer has no problem connecting to it wirelessly. However I cannot figure out how to connect directly by ethernet. I have a cable running from the router to the back of the PC, but the icon in my tray just says 'No connections are available'. I have also tried connecting directly to the PC bypassing the router. Everyone I have spoken to, including tech support, has told me that you "plug it in and it just works". Am I missing some step in getting my PC to recognize the ethernet cable?

A:WiFi works, ethernet doesn't

Hello mate have you tried updating the LAN driver for that machine and even simpler a new cable??

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395168-wifi-works-ethernet-doesnt.html
Relevancy 68.37%

What the title says. I bought a TP-Link WDR4300 and installed it, and everything works perfectly on every device except for my laptop (Windows 8.1 Lenovo G480, running Windows Defender as AV). When connecting wirelessly, I get access to the router, but it shows "limited", and it doesn't even let me get into the setup page (192.168.0.1) and when I ping it, every packet is lost. Ethernet, meanwhile, works perfectly. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it.

I'd like to attach the ipconfig outputs but my command prompt is in spanish and some of the characters are missing in the .txt file, too. I don't know how to get the file in english.

@jobeard I saw one thread you solved in which you said to mention you so you could help. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks beforehand for any and all suggestions.

A:WiFi doesn't work, Ethernet does

Hi, You will always have to use the ethernet (Cat 5) cable to get into your router's software, at 192.168.0.1, all routers are set up like that for security reasons.
It's done that way so that no one can change your settings, passwords etc using a wireless connection, you must use the Cat 5 cable to make setup & security changes.
Did you get any setup software with the TP Link router?
If you get good internet access using Windows 8.1 using the ethernet cable, it
might point to possible wireless driver issues.
It might be worth downloading the latest driver for your WDR4300 from the TP-link website;
http://www.tp-link.es/support/download/?model=TL-WDR4300&version=V1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-ethernet-does.205530/
Relevancy 68.37%

The wi-fi on my PC doesn't activate. I have tried the windows update for wifi adapter (Qualcomm Atheros 9485) and for HP wifi button driver. I have tried the last drivers and it seems to be all right, but the F12 button doesn't activate the wifi. What can I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-doesn-t-activate-on-windows-10/td-p/5673013