Windows Support Forum

Digital Audio (S/PDIF) isn't playing sound.

Q: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) isn't playing sound.

My computer died recently so I dug out some fossil from way back to at least isn't Audio sound. Digital (S/PDIF) playing listen to music watch some movies until Digital Audio (S/PDIF) isn't playing sound. I can buy a new one Which won't be anytime soon I hooked up the HDD from the dead PC to this one and everything is working OK all things considered However I can't seem to be enable the sound On paper everything seems fine even the quot needles quot are twitching see image in the link when I play an audio file but sound won't come Digital Audio (S/PDIF) isn't playing sound. out The only Playback device available in the list is quot Digital Audio S PDIF - High Definiton Audio Device quot I checked the drivers and everything is up to date I hooked up the Speakers to the laptop they're working fine Help me out please without the sound this thing is basically glorified texting machine Additional info OS Windows Shine edition bit whatever the hell that is pirated Motherboard Asus P PL

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/401966-digital-audio-s-pdif-isnt-playing-sound.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Digital Audio (S/PDIF) isn't playing sound.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 81.53%

Hi,

I've recently switched to Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) using one Toslink cable instead of all the analog wires going from my PC to my receiver.

The digital sound is amazing, CD quality from my PC is great.

However, I now also receive the digitized sound of pages being loaded as I surf the web. All sound comes out digitized when loading a new page.

Is there a way to stop this from happening while listening to music or course material without gong back to analog?

Can I have my digital CD quality and enjoy it too!

John

A:Digital Audio (S/PDIF) Making a Digital Sound with Internet Surfing?

On board sound cards are not known for their quality but try going in to your sound panel and muting all input and output sources you do not use (like mic and analog)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/222084-digital-audio-s-pdif-making-digital-sound-internet-surfing.html
Relevancy 81.53%

Hi, I've recently switched to Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High Definition Audio Device) using one Toslink cable instead of all the analog wires going from my PC to my receiver. The digital sound is amazing, CD quality from my PC is great. However, I now also receive the digitized sound of pages being loaded as I surf the web. All sound comes out digitized when loading a new page. Is there a way to stop this from happening while listening to music or course material without gong back to analog? Can I have my digital CD quality and enjoy it too! John

A:Digital Audio (S/PDIF) Making a Digital Sound with Internet Surfing?

I assume you're running Windows. Which one?

I do a lot of audio work on mine, using Windows XP SP 3, and was able to kill the sounds by opening the Control Panel, then Sounds and Audio Devices, and then click on the Sounds tab. For "Sound Scheme" select "No Sounds" and click the "Save As" box.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448300/digital-audio-spdif-making-a-digital-sound-with-internet-surfing/
Relevancy 107.93%

Motherboard :asus p5kpl-am se (no sound card)
vendor id :1106
device id :0397
problem: digital audio (S/PDIF) no sound

i've download numerous latest driver on the official website of VIA and installed it, yet no different..
i wonder if anybody can help me with the link or another solution..

A:VIA High Definition Audio ,no sound digital audio (S/PDIF)

Answered on your other duplicate post. To get speaker or headphone audio you need to set the "Speakers" as the default audio playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/277310-via-high-definition-audio-no-sound-digital-audio-s-pdif.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I have a problem with audio after upgrading to windows home bit I installed all the drivers that are neccessary for windows My audio device is High Definition audio device but the only S/PDIF but come Digital Device sound Audio working doesn't out device I can see is Digital audio S PDIF Other devices that may be disabled don't appear I installed all of the Realtek drivers for on board audio device and I tried installing several others aswell but with no luck I tried all of the solutions that I was able to find online and nothing works My microphone works cause I tested it with a friend on skype which gives me the reason to believe that the actual device works When I install Realtek driver it won't show up in my device manager or sound only Digital audio when I run troubleshoot compatibility on any Realtek drivers it detects that the Device working but sound doesn't come out Digital Audio S/PDIF driver is not Device working but sound doesn't come out Digital Audio S/PDIF compatible with my system I uninstalled my driver that automatically installs on every boot and then I disabled the automatic driver install Device working but sound doesn't come out Digital Audio S/PDIF and I disabled automatic updates to prevent auto install of the driver that clearly doesn't work but on the next boot the driver automatically installs again The audio doesn't work when I plug my speakers in any port and I dont have front jack on this PC I have Pentium D dual core ghz gb Ram and my hardware ID of HD audio device is HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN D amp DEV amp SUBSYS F amp REV HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN D amp DEV amp SUBSYS F I totally ran out of ideas it's days that I'm trying to find a solution to the problem Any help is appreciated Thanks

A:Device working but sound doesn't come out Digital Audio S/PDIF

Alen88 weelcome to the Seven Forums.

Your motherboard doesn't have Realtek audio, it has the ADI 1986 based on the DevID,

PCI Vendor and Device Lists

Knowing the make and model of the motherboard would help in finding if there are Windows 7 drivers for it, but I have a feeling there won't be. If you're feeling adventurous you can try the driver from here,

ADI SoundMAX 86/88/A/B/89,Xonar [6585/6600/6605][04-03-2010] • nForcersHQ.com

and follow the 2 steps on how to add the DevID from yours so that it will install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/194421-device-working-but-sound-doesnt-come-out-digital-audio-s-pdif.html
Relevancy 90.73%

So guys,I havent been turning on my pc(using win 7) for like a month,when i did it was saying Digital Audio S/PDIF and no sound was going nor through speakers nor through headphones.Before that everything was working fine.So,since i had some viruses on it i reinstalled win,formated both particions,but still that Digital Audio S/PDIF stayed there,in the device menager it says High Definition Audio Device,and it has 2 of them,i tried through device menager to update it but it says that the best driver is already intalled.I searched threads here,tried some downloads but nothing is changed.Since im a musician a little,gamer a little and pc user i really need to fix this,can someone help me?

Here are the specs

A:Digital Audio S/PDIF problem

Headphones and Loudspeakers only accept analog audio. You need a Digital to Analog converter, i.e. a sound card, to decode the digital audio and convert it to analog signal which is then amplified by the amplifier and then transferred to headphones and loudspeakers which translate those signals to sound waves.

Try setting the "speakers" as the default audio device by right clicking the sound icon on the system tray -> playback devices -> click on speakers -> set default audio device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/346991-digital-audio-s-pdif-problem.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hey, I was wondering how the hell does S/PDIF Digital Audio work and how does it remember exactly what % volume it should be on a motherboard?
I don't have any speakers, just a keyboard and mouse and I've, reset BIOS, reformatted and reinstalled windows 7 disc and the S/PDIF still remembers what volume % it was on before all of that, how is it remembering this?

I'm just curious how it knows.

A:How does S/PDIF Digital Audio work?

Because the chip on the motherboard stores the info, it's not software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/227499-how-does-s-pdif-digital-audio-work.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello Does anyone have or Digital Out S/PDIF-SA Bracket ASUS 4-1 WANTED! Audio know where I can purchase an ASUS S PDIF-SA - Digital Audio Out Bracket I've looked WANTED! ASUS S/PDIF-SA 4-1 Digital Audio Out Bracket all WANTED! ASUS S/PDIF-SA 4-1 Digital Audio Out Bracket over the internet but can't find anyplace or anyone selling them anymore I need it to compliment my ASUS motherboard It allows for playback out of both Digital Out's simultaneously Despite my motherboard only being years old and most other ASUS motherboards also including the - header for it ASUS seemed to have discontinued it and now it's hard to come by There's an older revision before the ASUS S PDIF-SA bracket though There's the regular ASUS S PDIF - Digital Audio Out Bracket but this has the removable cap on the TOSLINK instead of the newer Flip up door design They can be found on eBay shipping from either America or China I bought one from America for and it arrived two weeks later but annoyingly the TOSLINK doesn't hold in any cables It just falls out I much prefer the newer flip-up door design anyway Much more convenient Thank you

A:WANTED! ASUS S/PDIF-SA 4-1 Digital Audio Out Bracket

Maybe its your cable? I have a recording studio and have a TOS Link connection, without any "door" and I do not have any problems with it. I used to have a SoundBlaster interface panel with the S/PDIF TOS link and it too didn't have a "door" and no problems.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/40306-wanted-asus-s-pdif-sa-4-1-digital-audio-out-bracket.html
Relevancy 88.58%

The instructions that came with card are not very good. The connection to motherboard is such it can only plug in one way. The problem is on the VID card. The connector to the card has a diamond mark on it but there is no mark on the card. With the card mounted on the motherboard, does the diamond mark go on the left pin or right pin? Is this connection neccessary for the operation of the GTX275?

A:Gtx275 s/pdif digital audio cable conection

All you need to do for the card to work is install it in the slot, plug in the external power, and then use the DVI or HDMI cables to link the card to the monitor. Done.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx275-s-pdif-digital-audio-cable-conection.130951/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello TechSupportForum After i re-installed Windows on my PC there has been a ton of drivers missing I have though been able to find and install most of them but there is still a few that are missing or outdated and those cause quite some trouble on my PC My problem is that after i re-installed Windows i have had some bad troubles with my digital sound SPDIF Just after the re-installation and a few weeks after that Digital (S/PDIF) Windows Help sound sound no on please. 7? it has worked but if i do not have a running sound source all the time the sound suddenly shuts down and i have to restart my PC for it to work again So i basically had a Windows Media Player running all the time running with a song but with the volume of WMP at So that sound source was the reason i actually still had sound Now just today i can't make it work at all The sounds shut down because i forgot to have a running sound source so i Digital sound (S/PDIF) no sound on Windows 7? Help please. restarted my PC and that used to fix it but not this time Now there's no sound at all I have tried to change the kHz in quot properties quot of the SPDIF sound device changing formats I went in advanced settings to try and change the quot bit rate quot and quot kHz quot but then it just says quot The format isn't supported by the device quot and it Digital sound (S/PDIF) no sound on Windows 7? Help please. says that with every single one of them So i have no digital surround sound the only way i can have sound with this headset is by using the quot USB sound quot it also offers But there is no way i have spent so much money for this headset that offers brilliant sound and i use the USB one The headset is called quot Astro A quot used with a quot MixAMP quot I hope someone can help me i have attached a full list of my PC's devices drivers etc in this message using DxDiag If there is info that you need to help me PLEASE do reply Any help would be very much appreciated Kind regards and merry Christmas Sebastian

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/digital-sound-s-pdif-no-sound-on-windows-7-help-please-679684.html
Relevancy 79.98%

My regards to everyone I just joined here because i really need some experienced people's help Not that i am somehow a noob in computer's industry however this problem was destroying me for the past few days This may sound like a few threads in No thing. that big 7. sound And windows (S/PDIF) problems. Audio on one and i am sorry for posting this as a new one but i really need your help because all the other threads i've read on this and other forums applied them and no help whatsoever A few days ago without doing something in particular the sound Audio big problems. No sound on windows 7. And that (S/PDIF) thing. just stopped working Audio big problems. No sound on windows 7. And that (S/PDIF) thing. does that sound familiar So as any other folk would do i started every tiny little thing to fix that So i cheched if the speakers and then headphones are correctly pluged in They were Then i tried disabling and enabling them from volume control options then from control panel u name it Still nothing So i uninstalled and re-installed my audio drivers Again no use I tried everything and literally got nowhere So i thought it might be a glitch and Re-Installed a fresh copy of windows If it sounds familiar from now on this threat combines itself with others After reinstalling windows my audio appeared as set to digital s pdif and ofcourse no sound was available The speakers and headphones appeared as unplugged they were plugged in So I went on the forums again and saw that someone was informed to change something in bios So i entered bios and i saw everything was enabled and set to HD Audio When i looked at that it said that i also have the AC option so i enabled that however i always used optimised system defaults on bios and HD Audio is the default not the AC Okay so now i reboot and i can see that the computer is actually showing that i have speakers on right now not that s pdif So my heart is pumping my eyes are shining and i go straight on youtube play a video aaaaaand no sound The sound bars however are showing i have sound And so i also try a troubleshoot This troubleshoot goes along and at the end it says that i have no speakers plugged in However windows recognises them And i know they areworking perfectly i tried them on my phone and on another computer They are perfectly functioning The audio as you surely guessed is an onboard card I forgot to tell you that i also entered services msc and i have checked that windows audio is started Any help would be extremely appreciated I simply have no ideea what to do anymore Please for the love of God help me

A:Audio big problems. No sound on windows 7. And that (S/PDIF) thing.

First thing, please fill in the "My System Specs" so we know what you have. It helps us to try and help you.

AC97 is the older interface standard for front panel audio (headset and microphone). The current standard is HD Audio. Depending on what interface you have (plug) that plugs into the front panel audio connector on the motherboard is what you should use. The difference between AC97 and HD Audio is basically jack sensing. With HD Audio the sound chip will sense (know) when you have something plugged in.

Go to the Device Manager and post a screenshot of the Sound section.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

This should give us a start in trying to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/364638-audio-big-problems-no-sound-windows-7-s-pdif-thing.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I'm having a strange problem in my HTPC Audio is coming perfectly fine out from the S PDIF coaxial output and it's normally connected only that way to the receiver but now for other reasons rear Realtek output on from fine nothing S/PDIF, audio, audio ALC889 I also need to connect it using a mm to a small mixer So in the sound manager Realtek ALC889 audio, audio fine on S/PDIF, nothing from rear output I changed the output to the quot Speakers quot and in fact the Realtek sound manager detects Realtek ALC889 audio, audio fine on S/PDIF, nothing from rear output that a cable is plugged into that output and shows me the dialog where it's selected Problem is nothing comes out I know it's not the mm to RCA cable because I plugged in my phone played some music and I can hear it just fine Realtek ALC889 audio, audio fine on S/PDIF, nothing from rear output But the rear speaker green output puts out no sound at all as I also tested it plugging headphones On the Sound Windows panel where you can select the playback device I can see the volume level move up and down when I'm playing any media file as well as in the Volume Mixer If I switch back to the S PDIF output and change the input in my receiver audio is coming just fine I haven't tried the front outputs because they are not connected The motherboard has HD Audio but the case has AC connectors so I never cared to connect them because I don't use them I know the rear green output worked at some point because I remember having a pair of computer speakers connected to it a few years ago This is a Gigabyte GA- FXA-UD rev motherboard with an AMD T and GB of RAM with Windows Home Premium The installation is about two months old with the drivers from back then and the latest audio driver on the Gigabyte website is from so this driver is the latest available I tried rebooting the machine just in case but it didn't help Any idea what this could be Did a power surge selectively fried the analog part of the audio chipset It is connected to a surge protector I built this computer myself and I'm always very careful to tie every cable and not leave them loose inside the case Thanks Sebastian

A:Realtek ALC889 audio, audio fine on S/PDIF, nothing from rear output

I found out after a while. In the popup dialog when a cable is plugged in, I had selected "Rear speaker out" mistakenly thinking it was talking about the rear output, not the rear speakers in a 5.1 speaker setting. Changing to "Front speaker out" solved the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/317104-realtek-alc889-audio-audio-fine-s-pdif-nothing-rear-output.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi

I've been stuggling with this for a few hours now and am at the end of my wits..

I've got two audio devices that I would like to link to my PC at once.
I've got one plug connected to the back panel, and one to the front. But one always cuts off the other. In my sound devices, the system registers them both as: "speakers, VIA High Definition Audio, Standard device"

Is there any way that I can connect them both at once, and still have both of them outputting audio?

I hope the internet will save the day!

Many thanks in advance!

A:Multiple audio playing devices, playing the same sound at once

If you use realtek,
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
Otherwise You're pretty much screwed, only other way is to use Virtual audio cable, but you'd have to set it up every time you booted (and it costs 20$)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/293256-multiple-audio-playing-devices-playing-same-sound-once.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a WindowsVista system and a Toshiba laptop I tried to play NetFlix instant movies and when playing there was a bad tinny digital sound playing over the and Netflix YouTube sounds) When Sound Playing Poor (digital dialog I used to be able to play YouTube videos just fine but now cannot This change happened after I contacted Microsoft Support directed there by NetFlix support Initially NetFlix told me that Poor Sound (digital sounds) When Playing Netflix and YouTube there was a problem with Silverlight So Microsoft told me to uninstall and reinstall Silverlight This did not improve the problem Then Microsoft told me to install a K-light Poor Sound (digital sounds) When Playing Netflix and YouTube Codec pack and this Poor Sound (digital sounds) When Playing Netflix and YouTube did not help either Microsoft told me to do something else but I decided to write to a site like this in an effort to get some more useful help Do you think it s Silverlight or Flash or what No matter the volume on my computer at max of neither YouTube nor NetFlix play appropriately When I play computer CDs audio the audio is just fine PLEASE HELP THANKS nbsp

A:Poor Sound (digital sounds) When Playing Netflix and YouTube

Hey
Maybe it is just that your speakers have a problem. Have you tried different speakers?
It might be the input where the spike goes in the computer.

Hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-sound-digital-sounds-when-playing-netflix-and-youtube.790954/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

Starting about a week ago whenever any audio is being played through my computer (speaker or headphone) I will hear a buzzing sound and occasionally the audio with skip. This happens weather I am playing audio that is being streamed from the internet or that is on my computer directly.

I have tried several things to fix this problem including installing all windows updates that are available as well as updating my audio drivers.

I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit. My computer model is hp pavilion dv7t quad 6100 and I have IDT high definition audio codec driver version 6.10.6381.0 which my computer says is the latest driver version. Updating to this version has not solved the problem, however.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. If there is additional info that is neccesary, please let me know and I will post it.

A:IDT High Def Audio, buzzing sound when playing any sort of audio.

Unplug the speakers from the PC and see if you still get the buzz with headphones. Some "buzz" problems can be related to "AC power ground loop" problems if some separately powered devices are connected.

Noise and skipping are problems that have been posted here before. There is no "one fix" for that. There are possible hardware problems, drivers (including video drivers), Interrupt issues, Wi Fi caused, etc.

Skipping can be because the other device that is on the shared Interrupt that the sound is on is interrupting the sound. Sound is always on a shared interrupt (IRQ) with a higher priority device. You can try this: go to the Device Manager, RIGHT click on the entry for the IDT and then LEFT click "Uninstall". DO NOT check the box to uninstall the drivers. Then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect the sound and reinstall it and some times put it on a different shared IRQ.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/240878-idt-high-def-audio-buzzing-sound-when-playing-any-sort-audio.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi there hope you guys can help me I recently reinstalled WinXP Pro for a colleague and I ve got everything working again except for the sound She s using an integrated SoundMAX Digital Audio device specifically AD I have installed the lastest drivers from the ASUS site and audio - SoundMAX no sound digital trouble can t get any sound The device has definitely installed properly - it shows up in sound properties device manager etc and Media Player will play a track but it falls on SoundMAX digital audio trouble - no sound deaf ears or more fittingly mute speakers From what I can ascertain the driver is trying to use a digital output i e SPDIF but that motherboard only has the normal green speaker jack In Vista this is just a case of going to audio properties and disabling digital output and selecting the standard jack for output however I couldn t find how to do this in XP if it s even possible I m fairly sure that s the problem but my diagnoses have been wrong before - I d be grateful for your help either way Thanks L I nbsp

A:SoundMAX digital audio trouble - no sound

Make sure the default devices in sound and audio under sound and voice are set to SoundMax

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/soundmax-digital-audio-trouble-no-sound.606130/
Relevancy 65.79%

I bought a PC from IbuyPower a wile ago. And I was thrilled that my computer had drivers for "Digital audio (S/PDIF)". But one issue, there is no audio port for it! No "Coxail", no "Optical", No mini toslink port like on the back of consoles. Here is a screenshot: http://gyazo.com/f6883c4ff759dfcae2279255fb87bfb5 and http://gyazo.com/210982e24586a2ccca6fc69570d806be As you can see, it looks like its functioning properly. Still, no port. I've tried hooking them up to the line out and the line in ports too. Nothing. Can anyone explain why its doing this and/or a tutorial how to fix?

A:"Digital audio (S/SPIF) in sound but no port?

Hi Makel494, See this Intel link as to how a SPDIF panel can be placed or install. Typically the SPDIF interface is not needed as nowadays the usual 3.5 audio and HDMI ports are the most commonly used in sound setups.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523780/digital-audio-sspif-in-sound-but-no-port/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

I own the Satellite C50-B-12L Model.

I tried to conect my 3.5mm jack to my audio reciver, with 3.5 to spdif cable (like in the pic below).

I can not get any sound out.

Does this model have the function of spdif 3.5mm jack? Can i enjoy digital sound ith this laptop?
(by the way - no problem with analog stereo out).

Thank you
Nir

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90055-Satellite-C50-B-12L-no-sound-using-SPDIF-(digital-audio)
Relevancy 64.93%

I've got an Asus Crosshair V Formula motherboard that I couldn't get any sound on my Onkyo HT-R receiver via the onboard optical output Win Ultimate bit OS I was planning on getting a nicer sound card anyway so I bought the Asus Xonar Essence ST Installed that sound card but alas I still have the same problem Speaker and headphone outputs work but no signal is recognized by the receiver via the S PDIF I know that the cable and receiver are fine I still have my previous computer which is running Win XP and it has been sending audio via the same cable to the same receiver for years It still works if I hook it up It has an Asus M N-SLI Deluxe motherboard and an HT Omega Striker audio card Both the onboard and sound card optical output work with the optical out to the receiver With my current computer the Win quot Sound quot window displays signal on the audio meter when I play audio or when sound Optical receiver No - and S/PDIF out from (onboard sound card) I use the quot Test quot function But no signal is recognized by the receiver I've tried every format and sample rate I've uninstalled all drivers and reinstalled I've used DH Driver Cleaner to sweep out all previous existing S/PDIF Optical out - No sound from receiver (onboard and sound card) audio drivers I've also had the onboard disabled since I originally installed the card I've tried everything I can think of and manipulated all the settings in the Xonar Essence ST Audio Center software that are relevant I think I've tried everything but I'm hoping I'm wrong I've submitted this to Asus technical but it's been days with no response so I figured I post it here I've Googled the heck out of this for the last week and haven't found anyone with the same problem or at least none of the solutions were effective for me This really should not be this difficult It was practically quot Plug amp Play quot with my previous computer I'm strongly suspecting a Windows issue but I have no way to verify that currently For what it's worth I'm using the only driver available that I'm aware of Xonar driver Anyone with any suggestions or ideas I'd greatly appreciate it

A:S/PDIF Optical out - No sound from receiver (onboard and sound card)

although the xonar panel will control almost all functions for that, make sure that windows has it's default audio device set to the spdif card you want. If it's set to speakers HD AUDIO (hd audio being one of the cards you want) will only output through analog. Control Panel>hardware and sound>sound. Select the card that you want and make sure u select one of the options that also says spdif. Click set default, apply and it should work. Sorry if you have already tried this. But it's the first thing that comes to mind right now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/213737-s-pdif-optical-out-no-sound-receiver-onboard-sound-card.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My computer is a Dell Dimension 8200, I have a cd/rw that came with it, so Today I bought a DVD/RW installed everything, The DVD plays video fine, The problem is, It does not have audio, so I took the dvd out and put in an MP3 Cd and it plays Audio CDs fine...I cant seem to troubleshoot any further than to play with audio level controlls but still doesnt have Audio on DVD movies, So I tried a diffrent DVD and also played it using a diffrent player...Same thing happens.No Audio on the DVDs but Audio is fine playing Music CDs on both CDRW drive and my new DVD/RW drive...I cant seem to find a thread with the same problem...I even tried uninstalling the driver on the DVD/Drive and started over again...same thing no, Audio. Help!

A:Audio CD Plays Sound But when playing DVDs No Sound! Help Please!

what application are you using to play said DVD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-cd-plays-sound-but-when-playing-dvds-no-sound-help-please.49446/
Relevancy 64.07%

My Acer Aspire X1200 does have 5.1 onborad audio but does not provide digital output (coaxial or optical S/PDIF). I am not sure if it has any port on the motherboard itself using which I can draw digital Audio output.

I am not sure what is the best way to get a 5.1 surround sound digital output from PC. The other thing is my PC has slim cabinet and only one PCI slot.

Can anyone recommend an easy.hard way to get true 5.1 surround sound?

Thanks

A:Digital Audio output to Home Theater to get 5.1 surround sound

The orange 1/8" port on the back of your computer should output 5.1 audio if you enable it in your software audio settings and use a 1/8" male stereo jack to digital co-axial audio cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/digital-audio-output-to-home-theater-to-get-5-1-surround-sound.786864/
Relevancy 63.64%
A:No sound on Intel 845 board in a MPC ClientPro345.. Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio

Fixed it myself.. Found the newest SoundMax drivers. Uploaded as attachment..

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/2911-no-sound-intel-845-board-mpc-clientpro345-soundmax-integrated-digital-audio.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Im having no sound on my computer, and of course im not computer smart, and i dont know what to do to make my sound work.

EDIT: Well i deleted what was not needed and updated "My System Specs"

A:No Sound S/PDIF

All that was not needed. Just fill in the "My System Specs".

Exactly what problem are you having with the S/PDIF? Can you set it as the Default Audio Playback device in the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound panel?

Do you have the actual PC Vendor's sound driver or do you have a generic Windows installed sound driver (or some other driver)? The PC vendor's sound driver is normally the best as non-Vendor drivers will either not work or not work correctly. The generic Windows installed HD Audio Codec is only a basic function sound driver and extra items such as S/PDIF may not be supported with the is driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/257016-no-sound-s-pdif.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi st a little set-up explanation - My mobo is an ASUS P n-E SLI with Realtek ALC on board It has a co-axial S PDIF output for my digital connection to my DD DTS surround system I used to be running XP SP and the PC is in an adjacent room to my Lounge so I have a PC monitor but also connections into my LCD HDTV and surround system DVI video and S PDIF digital audio For watching DVD and Bluray I would switch displays and use media portal and TMT I would get DD stereo output? HD S/PDIF simultaneous Audio and and DTS sound through HD Audio stereo and S/PDIF simultaneous output? my amp and if i switched back to my PC monitor for general PC use not watching movies the standard two channel stereo speakers on it would work with windows amp internet explorer etc Now i have switched to Windows using MC and TMT for movies and windows updates included a new driver for the realtek audio i notice the interface for the realtek audio manager has changed visually for the better but for my particular set-up it now appears I have to choose a quot HD Audio stereo and S/PDIF simultaneous output? default playback device quot between either standard analogue output to my pc monitor or choose my digital S HD Audio stereo and S/PDIF simultaneous output? PDIF output That means I have to jump through more hoops when switching displays to watch a movie with digital sound or standard pc monitor use in stereo note I have to use either monitor stereo speakers or my digital surround amp because they are in adjacent rooms and the amp might be being used by somone watching TV whilst i am on the PC Further more if it helps i followed the sticky on the AVS HTPC forum for setting up MC with the shark codec pack media browser TMT for Bluray and the internal MC player for everything else Have i got something set-up not quite right or am i dreaming My only other thought is to leave it set as digital S PDIF as default and switch to analogue if i need it for you tube or something but hope that for the other users logging in to use the PC like the kids and the wife their profile can remain as analogue in the realtek settings So in summary in my old set up with XP Same PC I had a sort of simultaneuos sound output with windows sounds and internet flash video through my monitor's stereo speakers but if i wanted to watch a movie on the HDTV i turned my surround amp input over and got digital audio via the S PDIF

A:HD Audio stereo and S/PDIF simultaneous output?

Quote: Originally Posted by byngo

Hi,

So in summary, in my old set up with XP (Same PC) I had a sort of simultaneuos sound output with windows sounds and internet flash video through my monitor's stereo speakers but if i wanted to watch a movie on the HDTV, i turned my surround amp input over and got digital audio via the S/PDIF.

You might try using the latest drivers from Realtek.

Realtek

I think this link works, looks like they've changed their site a bit.
Also, the Realtek drivers may need to be installed twice and the first time removes the current driver.

Ap

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/98677-hd-audio-stereo-s-pdif-simultaneous-output.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Dear All,

I have an ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0 motherboard. It has got an "Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel".
Please head onto M5A97 EVO R2.0 - Motherboards - ASUS and check the 'Audio' section.

I now intend to use the digital optical output of my motherboard as audio source.

Can someone already using this feature please confirm how it works? And which speaker set (having digital optical input) you are using?

Thanks,
Troy.

A:Query on Optical S/PDIF audio connection

I don't meet your criteria for responding, but I'm going to do it anyway. I use S/PDIF in my recording studio.

On a PC, the S/PDIF digital output is designed, primarily, to feed some other device such as a surround sound amplifier and not to directly connect to speakers. Very few speaker systems have an S/PDIF interface.

S/PDIF output on many systems are only two channel stereo. Some are 5.1 but most, for whatever reason, are just two channel stereo. I have a one year old ASUS Z77 motherboard (with an i5 CPU) and the S/PDIF output on that is only two channel stereo.

If you use the S/PDIF digital audio as the audio source, it will be set (or have to be manually set) as the Default Playback Device.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/33922-query-optical-s-pdif-audio-connection.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My motherboard's has 3 'holes' for audio.(blue,pink,green)
But I've no idea why there is an S/PDIF
and my speaker doesn't play any sound as I testing.
(I've tried to uninstall the hardware and reinstalled again.)
Any idea?

A:windows 7 wrongly detected my audio as S/PDIF

Right click the speaker icon in the taskbar.

Select playback devices.

On the window, select speakers as your default playback device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/73686-windows-7-wrongly-detected-my-audio-s-pdif.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a TV that is already hooked up to my PC screens output and a 5.1 surround sound receiver/system downstairs that I wish I could hook my computers normal sound output up to with the single s/pdif cord. I want to use it to watch non-dvd movies (avi, vcd).

I recently bought a Hercules Game Theatre XP and Ive come to find out that you can't really output the PCs normal wave out to the S/PDIF because an ac3 stream would have to be created. Is there anyway to create this stream and output it via the power-dvd s/pdif filter?? This could possibly be implemented in zoomplayer as it supports sound re-routing and what not.

If anyone knows any software work around of how to output PC wave to ac3 stream OR any hardware card that DOES do this....please lemme know!

thanks in advance
-Nick-

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-sound-output-to-s-pdif.3524/
Relevancy 61.92%

Dear experts I ve been working on a solution on this for at least a month but I can t get it to work This is my problem I ve bought a Sony Blu-Ray e- specs and would like to hear true sound when I connect my Acer laptop specs to my tv and Blu-Ray This is what I ve trough 5.1 sound S/PDIF tried so 5.1 sound trough S/PDIF far without any luck - I ve tried to sent the sound trough hdmi to my tv and from there to my blu ray by a s pdif cable That didn t work because my hdmi doesn t pass more than channels and I don t think my Bravia tv can send sound trough s pdif - I ve connected a Toslink cable to the digital out s pdif from my laptop and tried to sent it directly to my blu-ray First I got a lot of errors so I updated my sound card drivers After this the errors were gone but still no sound I ve tried all different kinds of codec packs and settings but nothing seems to work At this time I m trying to set up ac filter in combination with MPC-HC but it just won t transmit channels Right now I m not getting any sound in MPC-HC probably because I ve tried too many wrong settings I just don t have enough understanding about these things so please lend me a hand by solving this puzzle I would be very grateful nbsp

A:5.1 sound trough S/PDIF

EDIT: disregard...answered this issue already elsewhere.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/5-1-sound-trough-s-pdif.992481/
Relevancy 61.92%

Currently I'm running Vista Ultimate on a Pentium 4 D 2.80GHz machine, with an Intel D945GPM Fez with intergraded sound. It includes in S/PDIF optical jack which I've plugged into my audio receiver.

What's odd about my problem is except for when I test the encoded formats, there is no sound. Only Dolby Digital Testing works. Testing via any other function (i.e. sample rate, from sound device tab) doesn't work.

I've tried both the native vista driver and the sigmatel driver from intel, both with the same results. Although, plugging in headphones seems to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-sound-problem-with-s-pdif.579883/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have recently formatted my PC and ever since have not had any sound whilst playing audio CD's. I know my soundcard is fine as i get all other sounds i.e windows sounds plus when i listen to saved MP3's the sound is fine. Someone suggested trying listening with headphones plugged into the CDROM drive and when i do this i CAN hear the CD, but i dont understand what this means? Can someone help me so that i can listen to audio CD's without having to use headphones.

Thanks

Relevancy 61.49%

hi guys whenever i try rather flash the than chooses audio player s/pdif speaker... from to play any kind of flash web based embedded youtube the video audio from flash player chooses s/pdif rather than the speaker... works perfectly fine but the audio does not work thru the mm audio out on the BACK of my computer at first i thought it was audio from flash player chooses s/pdif rather than the speaker... the typical flash player problem so i tried reinstalling adobe flash player but that didnt help then i googled stuff and eventually came to a forum describing a problem with the quot plug in container for firefox quot problem lt http forums mozillazine org viewtopic php p p gt i tried the quot about config quot thing but that didnt help either then i started going thru all the speaker settings control panel gt hardware and sound gt sound while having an youtube video playing in the background dont know why and no sound obviously and found out that all the sound from flash players are being re-directed or quot outputted quot thru the Digital Audio S PDIF even tho i have my speakers as the default device i know this cuz the bar thing on the side of the spdif icon moves up and down even when i disable the spdif the audio does not come out of the default speaker but for some reason when i plug in a head phone into the FRONT mm jack the headphone icon gets a green check mark beside it the flash video sound WORKS also this quot front works back does not quot only applies to flash videos both jacks work when i try playing videos on vlc mediaplayer itunes etc so in conclusion FLASH gt front jack works rear does not gets re-directed to spdif even tho i dont have anything connected to that port non flash media players gt both jacks work fine if u can help thanks nbsp

A:audio from flash player chooses s/pdif rather than the speaker...

When playing a flash video,you should be able to right click
the video and select settings.
Check the different settings tabs and make sure the right outputs
are selected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-from-flash-player-chooses-s-pdif-rather-than-the-speaker.967506/
Relevancy 61.49%

XPS 8300 on WIndows 7 Home Premium. The Realtek High Definition Audio manager lists 3.5mm jack sockets for analogue audio in and out . It also shows the S/PDIF output on the rear for digital audio out.
While the analogue audio output works, the S/PDIF Toslink output has a continuous red signal light with no digital modulation. Linking it to digital input on a DAT audio machine shows no signal.
I've tried examining all device parameter selection options, but none that I have found brings up a Digital Output selection where I could enable S/PDIF. Anyone know what I am missing??

Thanks

A:XPS 8300 S/PDIF Toslink audio output needs enabling

Did you set it as the default audio device in the Windows Sound applet?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19992231
Relevancy 61.49%

Heey,

Recentley I bought the logitech Z-5500, along with a lot of cables.
I want to hook up 2 speaker sets to my Audigy LS, my standard speakers and the Z-5500. I connected the standard speakers with the 3 normal 3.5mm jacks. However now I want to connect my Z-5500 to my souncard using the digital input (I/O), I am doing this via a 3.5mm jack to Toslink (optical) and that Toslink cable goes into my Z-5500. Well the problem I am having at the moment is this:
a) Are the creative drivers screwing with my sound?
b) My set up is wrong and I need another approuch.

I definitely hope it's a) because I don't want to buy other cables and wasted 16 euro's on this one >.<. Anyways I hope someone can help me with this. Thanks in advance

~~Darkside748

A:Creative Audigy LS no sound through S/PDIF

Darkside748, welcome to the forums.

Unless your card came with the Optical Digital I/O card, according to this,

what you are trying to do isn't possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/39984-creative-audigy-ls-no-sound-through-s-pdif.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I dual booted win along with win xp My sound card Zonar Dg works fine in but playing sound audio from No speakers xp No sound from speakers but audio playing i loaded the drivers for win The sound bar in the speaker in task bar shows audio is playing and also shows playing in No sound from speakers but audio playing Zonar program No sound is coming from speakers Note Sound did come from speakers one time I think it No sound from speakers but audio playing was a video but no sound from any mp files on my pc Sound since has never worked Only that one time Very odd I think I have tried all the usual things since I am used to re installing xp many times not muted DG card selected as default Speakers set to proper mode in zonar app I tried using the realtek audio on my motherboard which does work in XP Not working in I am stumpped on this one Maybe I could use the xp compatibility Never used this so really do not know much about it thank you for any help

A:No sound from speakers but audio playing

If you have the RealTek enabled, disable it in the BIOS. It can cause conflicts and potentially the problem you have. Windows 7 will only allow one default audio playback device, unlike XP that would allow more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/358603-no-sound-speakers-but-audio-playing.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I installed win7 64-bit in my pc 2 weeks ago and found a crackling sound while playing audio.I checked that all drivers are up to date and working properly.I later installed xp in D drive and found audio working fine.I dont want to uninstall win 7.Please somebody help.
thanks in advice.........

A:crackling sound while playing audio

Check that either in the bios or in a program that start with Windows, that no cpu throttling is happening.

(Commonly called Speedstep, Cool n Quiet or things like that in the bios.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/41171-crackling-sound-while-playing-audio.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Theres this annoying buzzing sound while playing music or any kind of audio, this just popped up today it was fine yesterday, and I didn't update/install anything. This only happens with the computer speakers, when I plug in headphones the sound is fine. I'd show you the audio clip but I'm not sure how, I'm not great with computers so if you need to know anything about it tell me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516161/buzzing-sound-while-playing-audio/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello!
I recently purchased a 5.1 sound system, which I have connected to the S/PDIF output on my MB (Gigabyte Guerrilla) however my system seems insistent on sticking to a 2.1 output. A quick search shows that I should go into speaker setup, find the correct playback device and reconfigure it; however when I go to this page the option to configure is greyed out so I can’t use it!

I have gone through the properties page and when I do the ‘supported formats’ tests sound is done through all connected speakers so I know they can physically receive a signal.

Does anyone have ideas as to why the configure option is greyed out? I am on an administrator account and UAC is turned off. I have attached pictures of the speaker menus I refer to.

Relevancy 60.63%

Hello all.
I have Bluetooth speaker that I have hooked up to my computer and is working properly.
I would like to also use the laptop speakers simultaneously to create a kind of surround sound system.
Is this possible? I have found many threads saying that it isn't.

When I use the audio device settings it just changes between the 2 outputs, it doesn't seem to allow me to use them both at once.
Is there any freeware that allows for this type of configuration?
Thanks

A:Playing sound through two audio devices simultaneously

If the bluetooth speaker connects via a transmitter connected to the 3.5mm jack then its possible, otherwise its not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/298340-playing-sound-through-two-audio-devices-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 60.63%

So I built this computer a few weeks ago with Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything sound-wise has been working til a few days ago, but I have been working through some video problems.
Since this started on Friday, the sound mixer/volume control shows sound playing. But nothing comes out the speakers. When I click the top, it doesn't say 'speakers', it says 'Realtek audio'. When I click that, the sound window comes up and under "jacks" it says "rear optical jack." The top says S/PDIF. Those are both formats that I have never used on this system. I've always used only the rear panel analog jack.

Anyways, I feel like I've tried everything under the sun and I'm close to RMA'ing the motherboard. It's that bad. Anyhelp is uber appreciated. Thanks guys

A:No audio in speakers -at all-, Windows is playing sound

Go to the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel. In the Playback section, your "Speakers" should be set as the default playback device. It sounds like the digital is now set as playback.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/269614-no-audio-speakers-all-windows-playing-sound.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I?m facing this problem while playing the audio files(like mp3, wav...etc) with front panel headphones, the sound interrupting continuously (like 10 seconds sound-1 second mute-12 second sound-1 s mute-5 s sound-1 s mute) but there is no problem while playing video files. I opened the mixer from taskbar audio icon and saw the headphones device goes and comes cyclically while playing audio files. Please someone help me??

A:Audio sound intrrupting while playing mp3 with headphones

Please fill in the "My System Specs" so we know what hardware you have.

Does the speakers do the same thing?

Have you tried a different headset?

Do you have the correct sound driver? The PC vendor (or motheboard in the case of a home/custom built system) sound drivers should be used. Non vendor drivers can be a problem in some systems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/262232-audio-sound-intrrupting-while-playing-mp3-headphones.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everyone, from the day I bought this Dell Inspiron N4010 until now.
The audio is not working naturally, how could I explain this.

I've spent alot of time to set the setting but it's not working, I updated the latest driver(realtek) and default the setting. The result is the same.

The audio is not balanced, like when you play a song, the bass will overcome the main voice, or the vocal will overcome the main voice.

Can anyone explain this?
Gladly appreciate for any help.

A:SRS Premium Sound, Audio not playing natural.

Quote: Originally Posted by game333

Hi everyone, from the day I bought this Dell Inspiron N4010 until now.
The audio is not working naturally, how could I explain this.

I've spent alot of time to set the setting but it's not working, I updated the latest driver(realtek) and default the setting. The result is the same.

The audio is not balanced, like when you play a song, the bass will overcome the main voice, or the vocal will overcome the main voice.

Can anyone explain this?
Gladly appreciate for any help.

Hello game333,

I know what you mean and its hence why i don't use it.

But for now, how are you listening to your music/sounds?
Headphones or the built in speakers?

Try lowering the SRS WOW effect and see if that makes a difference.

Also, i would highly assume that the SRS is more suited to surround sound speaker systems but that is just speculation.

Lucky

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/156739-srs-premium-sound-audio-not-playing-natural.html
Relevancy 60.63%

My machine got infected with Viruses when it was rebuilt and the Virus protection software was not reloaded!

Over the last 10 days I have used McAfee, XoftSpySE, RegCure and Spyware Doctor to remove the majority of Viruses.

I still have one very annoying virus which none of the above can solve. An audio feed will suddenly start playing through my system without any prior action, it even starts if there is no one using the system! It is not always the same audio feed, they come in many lanuguages. Just this morning an American news feed started while I was checking my e-mail. There is no program running when the feed is playing, I can only assume it is some kind of process with a timer or a triggering mechanism to start playing.

Please help!

Kind regards.

Tony Davies in Sunny Killyleagh, County Down, Ireland

A:Sound/Audio Starts Playing Automatically

Sounds to me like you’ve got a rogue process running in there somewhere, and it’s probably either coming from a system start up location or running as a scheduled task. Looks to me like you’ve already made a good start with software to track this down, however, I’ve personally found AdAware to be the most reliable at this sort of thing, so perhaps you could give that a go (available here http://tinyurl.com/24c43q) and see what it turns up?

To check the Scheduled Tasks list, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Scheduled Tasks and see if there’s anything you don’t recognise in there; by default, this list should be empty, with only the ‘Add Scheduled Task’ icon displayed.

To check your Startup list, run MSCONFIG from the Start Menu’s RUN command, and then selecting the STARTUP tab. Look towards the bottom of the list for anything you don’t recognise in there, and Google it to see if it’s recognised as malware.

If you’ve still found nothing, then the next step involves searching in the registry, which if you’ve never done it before, can be a bit daunting, however, it may turn out to be the only thing short of an OS reinstall that sorts things like this out. Be CAREFUL here, because it’s really easy to mess up your entire system if the wrong thing is edited in the Registry You access the registry from the Start Menu’s RUN command by entering REGEDIT. The interface that comes up looks a bit like Windows Explorer, with a two panel layout, the left hand side showing Hive Keys (similar to folders) and the right showing the key data (similar to files). Using the left hand pane, navigate to \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENT VERSION\ and in there are three further Sub Keys, Run, Run Once and Run Once Exe so check in each of those for anything you don’t recognise and Google those too.

Let us know how you get on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-audio-starts-playing-automatically-227827.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have just recieved a re-conditioned computer and there seems to be the capability for sound, but I dont seem to be able to get it working.

Have tried the basics, but really could do with a bit of guidance, as I'm not really sure what I'm looking for.

Using windows xp and have got a Packard bell

Relevancy 59.77%

Hullo there I thought I d better seek help before this sends me round the bend I have a DAC which P5N32-SLI How I my on enable sound do ASUS Premium? S/PDIF must be connected to my PC via the Coaxial How do I enable S/PDIF sound on my ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium? S PDIF out the orange port thingy - I hope I m using quot port quot correctly there So I How do I enable S/PDIF sound on my ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium? took out my sound card Went to uninstall the Creative driver it was a Creative card but I couldn t find it and am assuming it somehow uninstalled itself This could be my first error Then I went to install the ASUS sound driver SoundMax but whenever I tried to do so I got the message quot The HDA Audio Bus Driver is required but not found quot I figured I got this message because it seems I didn t build this PC on-board sound is actually on a mini-sound card with the P N So I popped this in and could then install the driver But no joy from the S PDIF The loss in quality downgrading from my cheapo Creative to onboard sound is really noticeable btw so that bodes well for the DAC I went to check things were set up ok in the BIOS The only thing that seemed to relate was under Advanced - gt Onboard Configuration - gt HD Audio This was set to Auto as oppose to disabled So that s presumably ok There was also an option to change quot something or other quot sorry I m going from memory from HD Audio to quot AC quot I tried changing that over to AC but still the same result EDIT Now I have the driver installed if I set this to HD Audio I get a BSOD To be quite honest I don t feel like I know what I m doing so please point me in the right direction Thanks All guidance and lessons appreciated I wondered whether there was something I had to adjust in the driver control panel so I took a look in the Help sections there and came across this quot If your system supports SPDIF Digital Audio there will be an Advanced Controls button under the Master volume control This button will display the SPDIF controls quot Well there is no Advanced Controls buttion under Master volume control which is something of a concern quot Disable Digital Output quot is unchecked btw ----- Here s how that menu looks in my BIOS Also I did wonder whether there was some loose connection so this is a picture of my mobo directly behind the S PDIF port But as far as I can make out there is nothing missing that should be there Apologies for the dust nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-enable-s-pdif-sound-on-my-asus-p5n32-sli-premium.127146/
Relevancy 59.77%

Yesterday I started getting a rhythmic stays Audio When Popping/Clicking Playing Solved: Sound in-time not random popping clicking sound whenever I Solved: Popping/Clicking Sound When Playing Audio play certain audio sources This happens on any of my devices whether they are connected directly to my computer or to my computer via my external USB amp DAC an O ODAC Combo from JDSLabs Youtube audio for example causes it even if the Youtube video is muted in the browser The popping clicking sounds remain for an indeterminate time after the audio stops ranging from a few seconds to indefinitely until I restart my computer There doesn t seem to Solved: Popping/Clicking Sound When Playing Audio be any other performance functional problems with my computer that I have noticed The only change I ve made to my computer recently was I replaced one of my two monitors days ago but it was working just fine all that day without this problem until I woke up the next day I have tried increasing the minimum processor usage as I ve seen recommended for problems like this one to no avail I ve also run both my anti-virus Emsisoft Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes Based on research I ve already done it could be a DPC Latency problem seems to have similar symptoms but I am having a hard time figuring out if that is the case and if so how to fix it I installed the Windows Performance Toolkit and have run xperf I did it as follows I ran Code xperf -on PROC THREAD LOADER PROFILE INTERRUPT DPC DRIVERS POWER IDLE STATES -stackwalk Profile -BufferSize -MinBuffers -MaxBuffers -MaxFile -FileMode Circular I played audio from several applications which cause the clicking popping I ran Code xperf -stop -d D CPU etl This website is not allowing me to make the attachment of the etl file because it s too big even when zipped so I placed it in my MEGA drive and here s lt link removed gt If that s not the problem feel free to give me further instructions for fixing what you believe may be the problem or if you need more information just tell me what Worst-case scenario I m willing to do a clean install of Windows but I d rather not if it can be avoided My computer specifications are Windows Fully Updated Asus Maximus VI Hero Motherboard Updated a few months ago to the most recent BIOS Intel i K Overclocked to GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX Most recent drivers GB x GB G Skill Ares DDR - RAM TB Samsung Evo x TB Seagate Barracuda Drives in RAID EDIT SOLVED I solved the problem after some tinkering on my own It turns out I somehow mistakenly had an SPDIF Output defined and enabled as a Recording Device in my system settings This was causing the clicking sounds once I disabled it the problem went away nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-popping-clicking-sound-when-playing-audio.1140490/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi HP,I m using Windows 10 (64 bit operating system) While playing any song or any video , it produce some crackling sound heavily. Please make my problem solved as early as possible.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/B-amp-O-audio-speakers-creating-crackling-sound-while/td-p/5723954
Relevancy 59.34%

I'm supposed to connect an S/PDIF cable between my soundcard and my graphics card to enable the sound to work on my HDMI cable (between comp and TV).

However, there is no such jack on my soundcard, which is an outdated Soundblaster Audigy Platinum.

For anyone who wants to help, the manual is here.

Can someone help me do something about this? I wish to keep this soundcard.... or at the last resort, buy a new soundcard which will solve this problem, but its gotta be cheap, and has something to connect to the front like my current soundcard, which takes .25" headphone jacks....

A:S/PDIF cable into Graphics card to enable sound in HDMI

I'm not an expert in this area but does your graphics card have an HDMI output connector at the back? If so, you don't need your sound card. HDMI carries both HD video and HD sound. If your TV has an HDMI input, you just connect the HDMI cable from the graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/s-pdif-cable-into-graphics-card-to-enable-sound-in-hdmi.139061/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have homebuilt core i7 930 running an asus p5 premium. Whether I use onboard sound (realtek), sound blaster pcix titanium, or sound blaster omni usb, I get strange behavior where the sound will drop out while I'm watching a tv app (hdhomerun, or kodi as well), or listening to music.. at random times, could be 5 minutes, could be 45 minutes. To get the sound back, if I click the speaker icon and click the bar that plays the windows ding, it plays (a little crackly during the first few milliseconds, then clear, like it's waking up) and then sound plays normally until this happens again. So it's propagating through multiple different drivers. I read somewhere that audio devices can sleep (I suppose laptops mainly? Maybe I read it wrong).

Did some searches, found nothing similar, most are "no sound". Thoughts?

Thanks

A:Interesting Audio Problem - Drops Out and Returns on playing new sound

Hi,
Welcome to the forums, I do have similar problem in my laptop, the sound drops intermittently while listening to Internet radio in my laptop, I am testing High performance mode in Power Options, next I will be trying uninstalling the sound driver and let Windows install the driver, if I come across a solution, will report back.
EDIT: No luck with both methods

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39754-interesting-audio-problem-drops-out-returns-playing-new-sound.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello My computer making clicking sound all playing automatically!! sound songs/audio and Clicking advertisements the time even when no app is running Sometimes its playing songs advertisements on its own Clicking sound and songs/audio advertisements playing automatically!! when I see process it shows a exe or b exe I have tried running Malaware byte and it detects some trojan boot backdoor bots etc sometimes or infections and says one file will be deleted only afer reboot i e EvdoServer dll Now everytime after restart and if i scan it wont show any infection but after a day or two it shows infection agains Also as it says backdoor bot i am afraid of using money related transactions please help me clean my laptop I have disabled my sys restore and all logs are after running freash malware clean up THANKS in advance Here are the logs as mentioned in the procedure DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by moon at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition On-access scanning enabled Updated FB E- B - A- F -E D C Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe svchost exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files WordWeb wweb exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C WINDOWS system dvdpaly exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system sofatnet exe C WINDOWS system wiawow sys C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings moon Desktop dds pif Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank mStart Page hxxp www google com uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext https pccreg trendmicro com PCC reg wcoBuy asp uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a ... Read more

A:Clicking sound and songs/audio advertisements playing automatically!!

BUMP, please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/clicking-sound-and-songs-audio-advertisements-playing-automatically-405748.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Ownership of MP3 U.S. Logic Digital Audio Player (square size model PA36B-21. I have a new Vista operating system. I have lost the CD to install on new pc. I have searched my old harddrive but cannot locate proper file to install to new system. I have searched the net but seems that I cannot locate current info. All info I have found is several years old so I'm not sure if the software is still available. I have not used this audio recorder in a long time and have info from a conference that I would like to save to my system.

Thanks for the help.

Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-drivers-for-u-s-logic-digital-digital-audio-recorder-mp3-player-model-pa36b-21.792139/
Relevancy 58.05%

I can sound files for less the 10 mins before this high pitched screaming from the speakers starts i can play audio cd's with this squeal in the background

please somone help

i have a VIA sound device i think its built onto my motherboard, but i need HELP!

A:When playing Audio files my pc suddenly stops then and starts making a siren sound

How do you make the sound stop?

It is coming from the speakers, not from inside the computer?

Is it only when you play audio CDs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-playing-audio-files-my-pc-suddenly-stops-then-and-starts-making-a-siren-sound.41519/
Relevancy 56.76%

Sound functions but reciever is only detecting 2 channel output. Apon browsing RealTekHD audio properites I discovered that the only options for Digital Output(RCA) were all 2-Channel under "Default Format" tab. However my front pannel Audio Output Jack(HD Audio 2nd Output) has an extra third tab labeled "Speaker Configuration" and has options for up to 7.1 surround but these settings do not impact my Digital Output(RCA) channel. Now my reciever does have a multi-channel input that could take advantage of the Analog Outputs in the rear but the distance is to great and multiple wires are expensive.

My question is how can i configure my RealTek Digital Output(RCA) to ouput 7 channel sound?

A:Realtek Digital Out(RCA) Only 2 Channel sound to RCA Digital into Reciever

Hi 2C0J2H2 and welcome to Vista Forums

First things first. Please give people chance to have a look at your post. Depending on what they are doing, this may be almost immediately or it could be several days. Accordingly, I have removed your second post.

Back to your problem. It would assist us if you provided full specifications of your system (fill in your System Specs)

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/200990-realtek-digital-out-rca-only-2-channel-sound-rca-digital-into-reciever.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I've been watching Netflix on my computer and since movies tend to mix their music much louder than dialogue I wanted to use the windows sound's built-in loudness equalization so I didn't have to turn the sound up and down all the time However when I did routes to Digital equalization loudness Activating Audio audio that a couple of Bad Things happened First the sound went off i e nothing came out of the speakers I checked the mixer and all the applications were missing from the speakers' mixer I checked the playback properties and saw that sound was being output to the Digital Audio S PDIF More specifically it was being output to one of two of the Activating loudness equalization routes audio to Digital Audio digital audio devices Activating loudness equalization routes audio to Digital Audio listed I disabled it and then the audio was being sent to the other digital audio device I disabled that one and it didn't go to the speakers If I turn off the loudness equalization and unplug and replug in the speakers the sound goes back to the speakers but with no loudness equalization Does anyone have any solutions to this Also what are the digital audio devices even for Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/380889-activating-loudness-equalization-routes-audio-digital-audio.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I have a DVD-ROM on my computer, as well as a brand new Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX which is connectd to a 5.1 dolby digital surround sound creative system.

My problem is that when I play DVD's on the system, they don't play in Dolby Digital Surround. They either only play in Stereo on the front two speakers, or they are replicated over all 5 speakers through the use of the Creative CMSS function.

I have tried playing the DVD in two separate DVD programs (NVDVD and PowerDVD), and I have also checked the settings in both to ensure that they are showing Dolby 5.1 (Power DVD has it in 5.1, the other program does not list 5.1 as an option).

Could anybody give me a lead as to why this is happening? I have all drivers and software installed, up to date, and seem to be correct.

Thanks,
James Crosson

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-no-playing-in-dolby-digital.299130/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a GA-EX -UD R Rev mobo in a PC connected to a Samsung PS C D TV via HDMI and by Stereo Analogue Coax and Optical to a Yamaha RX-V receiver amplifier The mobo runs the Realtek audio system supplied with the mobo which has Analogue outputs coax and Optical out On the receiver I match the HDMI input to one of three Audio inputs Analogue AV Optical AV or Coax AV Sound external out No of digital system sound sound only comes out of the Analogue connection which is stereo only When I look at the sound on the PC it appears that a signal No digital sound out of external sound system is being sent to the receiver No digital sound out of external sound system through a spectrum analyser I tried reinstalling the sound drivers for the mobo with no luck I don't have a spare sound card with Optical I tried replacing both the optical and coax cables When I plug the PC into a set of PC speakers it works fine I saw this post digital sound issue but I had already made sure only one sound option was connected at any one time oh I am running Win No digital sound out of external sound system x Ult Any ideas

A:No digital sound out of external sound system

There can be issues with sound output when you are using HDMI sound. In MOST cases when you use the HDMI sound it is set as the default playback device and thus the PC's sound card (or integrated audio) output is muted. Normally you can't have both, one or the other.

If you disconnect the cable for HDMI, at the PC, and select whatever you want for default playback device in the Sound Panel, do you get the S/PDIF or whatever other sound you want?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/134210-no-digital-sound-out-external-sound-system.html
Relevancy 49.88%

In Mac OS Quick time does this (I can have 10 audios all playing simultaneously). WMP nor VLC seem capable of this.

I need a solution to this for both Linux/ubuntu and Windows 7. Maybe there's a way to customize vlc or wmp?

Thanks.

A:I need an audio player capable of playing multiple audio files simul

Multiple instances of MPC maybe?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/205512-i-need-audio-player-capable-playing-multiple-audio-files-simul.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So I recently opened my CPU because it was lagging and I thought maybe a little clean up might do the trick. So I softly brushed the drivers inside the CPU to get some dust off. However, when I turned on my PC, it seems that whenever I watch videos or play games, a loud crackling sound comes out from my speakers. I don't know what is causing this.

I have tried disabling my drivers (sound and display) but to no avail. However, if I mute the volume on my sound driver, the sound disappears. Which lead me to the conclusion that it might be a conflict of sound and display.

Since the problem only occured when I opened my CPU and cleaned it, it might also be a wiring problem or something.

Can someone help me on this?

A:Crackling sound in speakers when video playing/playing games/anything with graphics

Have you tried a different set of speakers? Make sure the speakers are all the way plugged into the jack.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crackling-sound-in-speakers-when-video-playing-playing-games-anything-with-graphics-665996.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I noticed that very occasionally, my computer will hang. Nothing will respond, not even Ctrl+Alt+Delete, and the only way out of it is to force a shut down by holding down the power button.

I also noticed that this has always occurred when audio is playing. The audio will loop infinitely once the computer hangs. Sometimes, when I hold down the power button for a while, the system will unhang. Other times it will not.

Sound card: Realtek ALC662
I should also mention that the machine is a laptop!

I can't update to the latest Realtek drivers because that causes the sound to start crackling and fizzing really badly (stupid bug). I also don't have any minidumps as the computer doesn't get a BSOD, it just hangs and I have to force shutdown.

Any ideas on how to solve this problem or what I can do to help you solve this problem?

A:System Crashes While Playing Audio, Audio loops indefinitely

What is manufacturer and exact model number of laptop?

Run Belarc - http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

What is BIOS date?

Don't post Belarc output - keycodes are in the listing.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-crashes-while-playing-audio-audio-loops-indefinitely-563428.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Audio cd s stop playing after a minute also having trouble ripping audio cd s to my computer - - AM I need some help and not sure what to do next Seems this problem is common but I can having a after audio playing also trouble cd's minute cd's. stop ripping Audio + t seem to get it down I m far from a expert so please help me My dad has a Compaq Audio cd's stop playing after a minute + also having trouble ripping audio cd's. presario SR f w Vista bit w service pack up to date When he try s to play audio cd s he get s this message Windows Media Player cannot read the CD The disc might be dirty or damaged Turn on Error correction and Audio cd's stop playing after a minute + also having trouble ripping audio cd's. then try again CD player plays only minute and seconds before error-ing out although still plays DVDs So I thought Ok let me rip his music and he can play off his comp But when I try to rip audio it s goes about and gives me a read error So I turned on Error correction and nothing Seen in a few forums that I should update the drivers I uninstalled the burner driver from the device manager and nothing still I updated his Audio cd's stop playing after a minute + also having trouble ripping audio cd's. Nvidia graphics driver just fine but it didn t find any thing for the motherboard I also updated his audio driver from the hp website So after all that I thought maybe it s a hard ware issue So I changed out this burner for a new one and it still does the same thing have tested other cd-rs amp retail audio disc For some reason it s just audio s and ripping The other day he watched a whole dvd movie just fine I m gussing it s a driver issue I just don t know which one s to look for Any help is appricated nbsp

A:Audio cd's stop playing after a minute + also having trouble ripping audio cd's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cds-stop-playing-after-a-minute-also-having-trouble-ripping-audio-cds.1016665/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone. I am using a old-ish Toshiba laptop with Windows Vista. So, every time I'm playing songs on YouTube, then open FL Studio 10, FLS 10 won't let me play or record any audio. When I look at the "ASIO4ALL" box it has A little red "X" on audio output(I use "Realtek HD Audio" if that helps). Now when I stop the internet audio/YouTube and restart FLS 10, the little red "X" is gone and all the sound works... I was wondering how to play Internet audio while playing or recording audio on FL Studio 10 is there something I can tweak with the laptop audio or some better sound program I can download free(or not free)and not have to get a new sound card??? Thank you for your time. Peace.

A:How to play Internet audio while playing or recording audio on FL Studio 10

Please use the font I've changed your post to above. Otherwise, apart from hurting the eyes of the reader, you'll seem to be like shouting.

Recording from youtube, be it whole clips or the audio track, is against youtube's TOS.

Therefore closing this since we cannot help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-play-internet-audio-while-playing-or-recording-audio-on-fl-studio-10.1082322/
Relevancy 49.45%

Started today when I opened Pro Tools There was audio playing that sounded like a radio station Sometimes two tracks would be played over one another and other times there would be adverts The audio stations once automatically. keeps Sound radio Sounds Cuts frequently adverts. at a... frequent out like many playing with playing cuts Sound keeps playing automatically. Sounds like many radio stations playing at once with frequent adverts. Cuts out frequently a... out every now and then and then starts playing a few seconds or so later In the volume mixer it is under quot Name Not Available quot That s all I can think of that might help sorry DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Marky at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EA - D C- DFB- - E E F F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated C BB - B - - A - B A B B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files x Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows TEMP mrt A tmp stdrt exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe C Program Files x Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLEXPRESS MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LVMVFM LVPrS H exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Windows System M-AudioTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files x Logitech Vid HD Vid exe C Users Marky AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Users Marky AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Marky AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Marky AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Marky AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Marky AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Marky AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Users Marky AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Marky AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Marky AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Cobian Backup cbVSCService exe C Program Files x Cobian Backup cbService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files x Cobian Backup cbInterface exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost e... Read more

A:Sound keeps playing automatically. Sounds like many radio stations playing at once with frequent adverts. Cuts out frequently a...

Hello and Welcome to Bleeping Computer!!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. I have put together somethings for you to keep in mind while I am helping you to make things go easier and faster for both of usPlease do not run any tools unless instructed to do so.
We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.Please do not attach logs or use code boxes, just copy and paste the text.
Due to the high volume of logs we receive it helps to receive everything in the same format, and code boxes make the logs very difficult to read. Also, attachments require us to download and open the reports when it is easier to just read the reports in your post.Please read every post completely before doing anything.
Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.Please provide feedback about your experience as we go.
A short statement describing how the computer is working helps us understand where to go next, for example: I am still getting redirected, the computer is running normally, etc. Please do not describe the computer as "the same", this requires the extra step of looking back at your previous post.NOTE: At the top of your post, click on the Watch Topic Button, select Immediate Notification, and click on Proceed. This will send you an e-mail as soon as I reply to your topic, allowing us to resolve the issue faster. NOTE: Backup any files that cannot be replaced. Removing malware can be unpredictable and this step can save a lot of hartaches if things don't go as planed. You can put them on a CD/DVD, external drive or a pen drive, anywhere except on the computer. NOTE: It is good practice to copy and paste the instructions into notepad and print them in case it is necessary for you to go offline during the cleanup process. To open notepad, navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Notepad. Please remember to copy the entire post so you do not miss any instructions.Security CheckDownload Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/455590/sound-keeps-playing-automatically-sounds-like-many-radio-stations-playing-at-once-with-frequent-adverts-cuts-out-frequently-and-then-comes-back-on/
Relevancy 49.45%

HI, Recently went on a trip for a month, storing all my photos on a removable this removable hard drive. However when I came back it and plugged it into my PC it started rapidly connecting and disconnecting. When it does this it is impossible to transfer my files to somewhere else. NOTE: They are very valuable to me and I want to get them to another place safelly before I even think of formatting it. Could somebody please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/western-digital-320gb-removable-playing-up.790169/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an external 120gb western digital passport drive with a bunch of movies stored on it. I was wondering if playing movies directly off this drive is bad for it and if it will significantly decrease the life of the drive??

A:Playing Movies off Western Digital Passport Drive

Well any use of a hard drive decreases it's life but they are built to be used. Everything ever built would last longer if never used but that's a bit pointless. You may as well not have one.They are built to last years. External hard drives in theory may last longer because you can actually turn them off when not in use as opposed to internal ones which are always spinning away merrily. But don't worry about it, turn it off when not in use and play away happily.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playing-movies-off-western-digital-passport-drive.545270/
Relevancy 49.02%

Wasted quite a bit of time on this already I called Western Digital who was clueless I'm using Macrium Reflect to backup to a WD Passport TB drive with the drive password enabled The problem is when you use the Windows PE environment to restore the quot WD Drive Unlock exe quot which is normally run from the quot psuedo CD quot the Passport creates to unlock the drive throws a nasty error quot The subsystem needed to support the image type is not present quot So you can't access your data for a restore I Windows Western not and well. , Digital playing Password Passport, PE have found very little about this on the net other than one person having given up and just removed the password which Western Digital Passport, Password , and Windows PE not playing well. works but defeats the whole purpose of the security I'm thinking there must be a way to get the unlocker to run from within Windows PE but am stumped If you really couldn't unlock from PE then not only would a password be near useless but it would be causing people additional grief

A:Western Digital Passport, Password , and Windows PE not playing well.

Personal view:
I would always treat WD external HDDs as just plain drives and not use WD software.
You can encrypt Macrium images with a password but you need the paid version. If encryption was a big deal for me I'd spend the money on the paid version.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/326682-western-digital-passport-password-windows-pe-not-playing-well.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I run a small movie theatre, and we're trying to run our digital trailers off of a computer in our office.

So what I'm trying to do is play a video on my computer monitor, that will then simultaneously be projected from a digital projector.

The closest I've been able to come is being able to have my computer to have 2 monitors and drag the player into the other window. However when I do that, I am completely blind to what is coming out of the projector. I've tried doing "clone output, monitor + digital TV" but the resolution on the projector has not been high enough (the image only fills a small section in the middle of the screen). Is there a way to configure a player such as VLC or Media Player Classic to help me out, or something else I can do in Windows?
Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playing-video-on-computer-monitor-digital-projector.910612/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello,

I used to be able to play digital cd audio, on both my cd-rw and regular cd drive. Now an error message pops up in Windows Media Player saying that the digital audio cannot be played.

When I switch to analog, my regular cd drive still plays cds, but my cd-rw doesn't play all all - no sound. When I tried to rip an audio track off a cd using my cd-rw, it only recorded sound off the microphone (plugged into wave-in on my soundblaster card). What is wrong?

Could someone tell me how to get digital audio back on my 2 cd drives? I went to the cd drive properties under control panel/system/device manager, but the enable cd audio check box is grayed out.

Thank-you for your time, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Dan W.

A:Digital CD Audio

What kind of sound card do you have? Do you change any of the wires inside the case? As far as I know, the only way to switch between analog and digital cd audio is to change the wires that are going from your cdrom to the sound card. The Audigy only has one input for digital cd audio, but your card might be different.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/digital-cd-audio.90512/
Relevancy 49.02%

I just got a new MSI motherboard and everything is working great except my sound. With my old motherboard, and my old set up I could choose 'Digital Output Only' and my speakers would work. However, in my audio properties now, I cannot choose this option because it no longer exists. Therefore, I have no sound. How do I enable this. IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY.

A:Help Digital Audio Help

My crystal ball is having problems telling me what board you have. Wanna help us a little here ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-digital-audio-help.8501/
Relevancy 49.02%

What is the differance between digital audio and 'normal' audio???

Does digital audio give better playback or something???

If it does then any idea how to make my 5.1 speakers set-up to digital ??

A:What does digital audio do???

It just means it sends the CD-Audio to your Soundcards DAC instead of using the CD/DVD drives DAC. Should mean better audio as a result. Nothing else needs to be changed for using it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-does-digital-audio-do.18122/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a network drive Maxtor gb III which is USB connected to a Linksys Router Wireless N w Storage Link I have an admin w Password and user no psswd accounts Rights networked Digital files, Playing music Media setup I can play the music I have stored on that drive from an XP machine but not from Vista It tells Playing networked music files, Digital Media Rights me the file is missing or drive is no longer available which I KNOW is not correct Does Vista block the network use of these files I can play this music just fine if thru iTunes when directed to T network drive itunes so the media is playing from the network drive not downloaded to the C drive This is music I have burned from CDs and I have reburned a few just to validate Playing networked music files, Digital Media Rights their digital useage quot rights quot I play this media throughout my house thru different systems I do not want it to be only available when connected to my vista box this same music plays without Playing networked music files, Digital Media Rights issue when USB connected directly to the Vista Box Your notes on the Admin issues when connecting to network shared drives resolved my initial issue which was being able to log into the network share using the admin account nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playing-networked-music-files-digital-media-rights.545238/
Relevancy 48.59%

I've seen alot of these realtek threads, searched around but didnt find anything that helped me, so please help me out guys!

Just got a new computer, first time on vista, very exciting times lol!

Everythings working fine, except my audio.

Now I have Logitech z-680 5.1 digital surround sound (old school but still awesome), their connected to my computer via the optical cable. My motherboard (gigabyte extreme X-58) has onboard HD sound. The amp that comes with my sound says its detected and displays 'Optical - digital' meaning that its detecting the digital output/input etc.

However there is no sound. I checked my drivers (which are the latest) and everything is working fine.

Is there something I'm doing wrong? I had a look in the Realtek HD audio manager and everything seems fine? There's a page for the digital output, but nothing on the digital input (just says status unlock).

Help meeeeeeeeeeee.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/232623-realtek-digital-sound-5-1-no-sound.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 PCI sound card with a 3.5mm SPDIF output jack, and Logitech Z-5450 speakers with a digital coax input. Where can I get an adapter to connect my Monster Ultra I1000DCX-8 cable with RCA connectors to my Audigy 2 sound card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/digital-audio-connection.483380/
Relevancy 48.59%

I would like to point out that we no longer have to attach a cable to a CD drive to listen to CD audio. You can now simply tell Windows 2000/XP to enable digital audio. To do this:

1. Right-Click My Computer and choose Manage
2. Click Device Manager
3. Right-Click the CD and/or DVD-ROM drive and choose Properties
4. When the drive properties diaglog box opens, click the Properties tab
5. Select the check box labeled "Enable digital CD audio for this CD-ROM
device".
6. Click OK
7. Close the Computer Management window.

Of course if you like the cable being in there then by all means leave it in there. I don't like it because it used to get caught up in the air flow in my case and I could hear it rubbing a fan or 2.

Have fun!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/analog-to-digital-audio-119639.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have just installed vista but having a problem with sound. I use the digital output on my soundcard with XP, as I know how to select digital output through the advanced opion in the sound mixer, but cannot find this on vista..... any ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/digital-audio-output.613769/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,
does anyone have the schema of the connection cable between a digital out of a Soundblaster card and a RCA digital in?

I'm trying to get the sound from my new media center pc to my Bose audio system...

Many thanks

A:5.1 audio digital out cable

Have you tried the creative labs website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-1-audio-digital-out-cable.85742/
Relevancy 48.59%

hi need help,
about running .cda(compact digital audio) on xp
i used window media player, vlc, k-lite codec, windvd, winamp, jet audio and many more
but nothing happen simply message box unknown format

A:about compact digital audio

http://www.coolutils.com/Formats/CDA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/about-compact-digital-audio.707033/
Relevancy 48.59%

my digital audio player has a folder name found.000, it is only visible in my dap. how can i delete this folder?

A:Digital audio player

i think it's the chkdsk recovery folder. you can usually view this folder by enabling "show all hidden files and folders" in folder options (control panel). or just format the drive and re-transfer all the music back in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/digital-audio-player.154693/
Relevancy 48.59%

I just got a plextor that claims to have 40x digital audio extraction capabilities (an ATAPI drive running in UDMA mode2). However, after getting the aspi drivers for winXP, I still can only seem to rip at 15x max from audiocatylist. Do I need special software to pull audio at 40x, or is there some other setting that I am missing. The CD that came with the drive does not have any software that would help.

plz help

-John

A:40x Digital Audio Extraction... how?

I have had similar experience with my TDK drive. It seems to be more of a "source" issue than the drive itself. Probably more of the "Up-to" hype that only happens in perfect conditions. I have gotten as much as 20X from a few CDs but most seem to be around 17X or so. It may also have to do with the format you are "saving as" while you rip. I have only used MP3 @128 for this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/40x-digital-audio-extraction-how.87215/
Relevancy 48.59%

I'm unable to record cassette audio from my audio cassette deck to my computer. Specifically, I'm trying to get audio into Adobe Audition, but would be fine to transfer analog data into any digital audio format, which I could use to burn CD. This issue seems to come up on the forums occasionally, but I have not been able to find a solution. (I have not downloaded the audacity program, as I believe this is more an issue of my computer configuration or input issue).

Operating System: XP - Home
Make/Model: Fry's FM 7440

-I have explored various inputs, including: Audio In (nothing plays through speakers when I attempt this); Microphone input on speaker control (audio then plays through speaker, but is not recognized by adobe audition)
-I have gone through the control panel and explored enabling various devices, nothing is muted

Thanks

Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there,

I have a digital voice recorder with a message on it that I need to capture somehow. I can get it to play back on my PC's speakers ... what software can I use to capture the output, and then save it, in order to put it on a CD later ?

oh, it's a diasonic digital voice recorder if that helps ..
Thanks

Kate Wooten

A:digital audio capture

Get Audacity, a freeware audio recorder/editor and set it up to record off of your sound card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/digital-audio-capture.553746/
Relevancy 48.59%

Can anyone explain why some audio cd's, newly recorded from vinyl 33's, aren't finalizing? They seem to be recording, but after the Finalize command no fin-D shows up .
Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/digital-audio-cds-not-finalizing.141791/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am running a home built Windows Machine with Vista Ultimate I also have a Dell XML laptop I have been maintaining a church website I built almost two years ago If you would like to view the iste it is www fbcami com My DVD converted mp3 Audio Digital to pastor has asked if I could set up DVD Digital Audio converted to mp3 a podcast of his weekly sermons see sermon tab on site I have a podcast player in place with a link from a folder within the web page contents for mp I have tried DVD Digital Audio converted to mp3 a mp and when I click on the player in the web page the mp works just DVD Digital Audio converted to mp3 fine I would think if I could convert the DVD Digital Audio to mp I should be all set My problem is that I don't know how to get the audio from the video DVD which is shot each Sunday I took a cable and disconnected the video and do have the audio on a DVD minus the video I have Audacity with theplug in Lame which should convert to mp Is there anyone who has accomnplished taking the audio from a DVD and converting it to mp I would be forever grateful Thanks Steve Bell

A:DVD Digital Audio converted to mp3

If you have copy of the video as an mpeg or avi file (which will result from downloading off the camera to the computer before being converted to playable DVD) there are a number of freeware programs on the net that will do exactly that - try this one
Not sure if these will accept VOB files (the file type found if DVD's are opened on your computer)
What software are you using to edit the footage? if it is something like Sony Vegas Platinum etc or Adobe Premiere (Pro or even Elements) you can split the audio from the video within the editing suite and export it as an mp3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dvd-digital-audio-converted-to-mp3-381341.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an Intel DG965WH motherboard that has Sigmatel audio hardware and Intel Audio Studio software. When I enable the Toslink optical audio port on the back in Dolby or PCM audio mode, the analog outputs go dead. If I disable the digital output, the analog ports work.

1. How can I get BOTH at the same time? I need to feed my amps digital for DVDs and I need the analog jacks for remote amps when I play mp3's.

2. Is there any (automated) way to trigger the switch between digital/analog other than going into Intel Audio Studio with a mouse and clicking all the right tabs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-get-both-digital-and-analog-audio.521627/
Relevancy 48.59%

i have a program that lets me record what come out of the sound card and on my laptop it work inwitch i have a diffrent sound card but on my curent computer it does not work would any one no what setting it has to be on on the laptop its mixer but this doesnt have that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-soundmax-digital-audio.30701/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

i'm using k lite codec pack in my vista home premium.

in some dual audio movies, i can select one audio file from task bar.

but in some movies, it plays both audio files and i cant see option to change audio either in media player classic or in task bar.

any direct solution except reencoding movie file?

A:some dual audio movies playing both audio

In Media Player Classic I had this with a couple of files. If you use the Haali renderer you can select the sound track from the notification icon in the task bar.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/287720-some-dual-audio-movies-playing-both-audio.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I've posted this issue before on numerous support fourms and none of them or I could figure out this issue It's been driving me nuts A couple months ago I cleaned my computer plugged everything out cleaned the area not playing Sound but speakers, headphones? playing through through computer etc when I put everything back together Sound not playing through speakers, but playing through headphones? and booted Sound not playing through speakers, but playing through headphones? up I had no sound but the tray icon indicated sound was indeed going through As far as I knew nothing had been changed I made sure everything was plugged in correctly reinstalled the drivers made sure I didn't click something off I shouldn't have but still nothing But then I plugged Sound not playing through speakers, but playing through headphones? in headphones into the tower headphone jack and boom I had sound I was as surprised as everyone else Someone suggested then to rule out a hardware issue that I download Ubuntu and see if the sound problem occurs there It didn't I had sound coming out of my speakers I would hate to re-install Win as I've gone without doing so for five years But if it came down to it it's whatever I use the on-board sound from my MB as I've learned over the years sound cards are a thing of the past But perhaps I could reattach the old one I have It's sadly over years old however I don't know if it would be worth trying Any help would be greatly appreciated Major cudos if we're able to figure this out once and for all Good luck My system Windows Ultimate -Bit AMD Phenom II X Gigabyte GA- A-UD on-board sound Ripjaws GB Nvida Geforce GTX

A:Sound not playing through speakers, but playing through headphones?

Please post a screenshot of the Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and finally the Sound Panel Playback Section.

Also a screenshot of the Device Manager, Sound section.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/378023-sound-not-playing-through-speakers-but-playing-through-headphones.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I got a few movies and a few clips of things. but when i play it, the image wont show except for the sound. It has worked previously on VLC (I just downloaded), Windows Media Player, and the new Windows 8 Player thingo. Please help me fix this problem that ive never had before.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/23840-only-sound-playing-but-no-images-when-playing-video.html
Relevancy 47.73%

People As some of you may know for all the times I have received help on Wintel issues from members even though I very much appreciate them all the most rewarding are those that get me over the hump with my digital audio multitracking issues my Dell PC is set up as a native DAW see for Profile Hardware Digital Audio specs below Recently I had an issue with a newly installed Universal Audio UAD- DSP Plug-In processing system whereby the rendering Hardware Profile for Digital Audio of files bouncing a track with processing applied EQ Compression FX etc to an adjacent track essentially rewriting the track to include the processing caused clicks amp pops in the bounced track Universal Audio helped me resolve the problem by having me switch to ASIO drivers I was previously using WDM But fixing one problem caused another because ASIO has their own issue with a problem known as delay compensation which is another long story So without boring you guys any further I can more than likely solve the whole shebang by having the UAD- inhabit it s own IRQ assignment which UA told me is not a bad idea anyway I swapped their DSP card to another slot PCI to no avail amp was about to attempt a BIOS reconfig when someone suggested I create a new Hardware Profile in which only audio devices are activated When I began to think about this I realized if this were possible it would solve a multitude of digital audio ills from latency to resource sharing issues to being able to choose the most optimum driver mode et al So my question is If one creates a new Hardware Profile is it in fact possible to select only the hardware devices one wishes to use for a certain task And if so will the Device Manager automatically assign ONLY those devices to IRQ assignments no Network Adapters no USB Controllers etc etc If this is possible I should be able to create essentially a digital audio only machine which will be very very cool amp very efficient Looking forward to any help Thanks in advance mark man Dell Windows XP Intel E Motherboard Chipset Intel P GHz CPU KB L Cache MHz FSB MB PC RDRAM Ultra GB Primary HD OS Apps Files Folders Maxtor DiamondMax GB Secondary HD Audio Data Echo Audio Layla AI SONAR XL WaveLab b Universal Audio UAD- v nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hardware-profile-for-digital-audio.308232/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an Acer Aspire It has the realtek high definition audio I have hooked up this laptop to a Numark DMX digital mixer and it has worked fine On the weekend while in Windows media player I got the alert that for a certain file the system had to play it in analog I cannot find any way to switch it back to digital output and since this has happened I get a lot of output digital turning on audio noise when I try to hook it up to the mixer I cannot here any music just loud hissing and popping and ticking sounds It sorks fine when a small set of speakers or headphones are plugged in Can you help me with this problem I believe that in analog mode the mixer cannot take the signal and I need to put it back to digital I cannot find anyplace that allows me to do this In Windows Media Player it says that the output is Digital but in the realtek screen is says analog I hope that I Have given enough information turning on digital audio output for you to help me Thank You Mark

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/246591-turning-digital-audio-output.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently re-installed windows xp pro and now my speakers don't work
at first i thought it was just the old speakers i bought some new ones and it still doesn't work. then i thought it was my intel soundcard but i checked it and the drivers and it still works so that only leaves my soundmax integrated digital audio i've tried to download drivers but i either get a non-compatible with your version of windows message or a drivers not found message HELP!!!

A:soundmax integrated digital audio

One of these drivers should work,
http://www.google.com/custom?q=soun...search=www.techspot.com/drivers/&start=0&sa=N
You can get them at the motherboard makers or the computer makers site too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-integrated-digital-audio.53397/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi

I want to be able to strip the audio from my camcorder when downloading the movie to my pc, so I can use the audio track separately. Is this possible? is there a piece of software that will allow me to strip the audio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks.