Windows Support Forum

Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability

Q: Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability

I m gathering components for Other - & Devices PSU Motherboards, compatability Memory, my first PC build And guess what I have a few questions The rig will be a dedicated gaming rig primarily racing games might get into flight sims Looking for reliable gt fps at or just below p single quot - quot display Will keep my current PC for non-gaming duties budget limit less the display and peripherals Will get into Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability OC but conservatively and not right away Don t expect to go SLI but might eventually Components bought or en route Corsair Carbide R mid tower ATX Win -bit Home Premium SP OEM disc Core i - K Mobo Asus Z -A LGA HDD TB WD Blue And looking at Gigabyte GTX GB prettly much decided - bang for Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability the buck and sufficient Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability for purpose price going down and rebate this month Memory GB x GB DDR SSD GB Crucial m SATA Gb s I like the price doesn t have to be the best looks like immediately installing latest drivers should take care of reviewers complaints ODD Lite-On iHAS - PSU Corsair Enthusiast Series TX M W modular subject to further research but I like this From the Asus web site I ve downloaded the Memory Qualified Vendors List QVL and the Devices QVL Too much information and not enough The memory list is extensive the devices list is not My central question is how important is it that I select memory from the Memory QVL and likewise the PSU from the Devices QVL Just looking at the devices list it is clear that not being on the list does not mean a particular part won t play nicely with the Z -A The Corsair PSU selection is very limited What should I focus on other than price Thanks for your help Frank nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Motherboards, Memory, PSU & Other Devices - compatability

I presume then, that although it may be somewhat important to be guided by the Memory QVL (simply because it seems so comprehensive), the Devices QVL can be ignored. Will proceed accordingly.

Frank

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards-memory-psu-other-devices-compatability.196130/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have a Windows XP and have recently been having some virus issues I have used Avira AVG Malwarebytes Spybot etc to scan my computer and remove a lot of the corrupted files The problem I am having now is that any external device I plug in to and usb card computer. readers my in memory external devices not are devices showing my computer hard-drives thumb drives iphone ipod and memory cards through any of my external usb devices and memory card readers are not showing devices in my computer. usb and card external usb devices and memory card readers are not showing devices in my computer. reader slots are not being recognized in quot my computer quot The slots do work in the sense that the external hard-drives light up and the disc spins I can charge my iphone and ipod through my usb but my computer does not find them so I cannot access the external hard-drives memory cards or sync iphone and ipod Also I can hook up these same devices to other computers without any issues I have uninstalled and reinstalled all of the usb drivers tried safe mode and multiple other things I ve read from other forums I was also getting the quot windows no disk exception processing error quot that I was unable to resolve by any of the proposed methods such as renaming drives etc I ended up downloading a patch to make this error go away but it just stops the error from popping up it doesn t actually fix the problem I am guessing this might be related to my current problem but it may also be a result of some of the spyware and trojans I have had and what I deleted from my computer to clear up these viruses Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated I really want my computer to be able to read an external hard-drive so I can at least back up the information on my computer Please let me know if you need more information from me in order to help and thank you very much in advance nbsp

A:external usb devices and memory card readers are not showing devices in my computer.

Scan you computer with "Microsoft AutoPlay Repair Wizard". It will scans your computer devices to find defective AutoPlay settings, and attempts to fix those it finds.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c680a7b6-e8fa-45c4-a171-1b389cfacdad&DisplayLang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/external-usb-devices-and-memory-card-readers-are-not-showing-devices-in-my-computer.822138/
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm currently shopping for a new mobo... i know 32 bit Windows XP is limited to 4 GB of memory, but will getting a 8 GB mobo and filling it with 8 GB of memory give me any kind of performance boost over 4 GB whatsoever?

if not, will installing 64 bit Windows XP and filling up to 8 GB give me SIGNIFICANTLY better performance over 4 GB 32 bit XP?

Relevancy 57.62%

I was looking at a motherboard for an AMD and found this as the listed description memory... motherboards and of the mobo ECS -A SKT- DDR XAGP SIS SATA A L USB ATX What does all that crap mean Some of it is obvious like DDR USB and ATX but what is SIS ECS -A SKT- SATA A L motherboards and memory... I know SATA means i can use a serial ATA hard disk right can i use ANY SATA hard disk Can i still use my old EIDE CD-ROM drives and or hard drives And also i have been lookin at some pc memory I have seen a cheap module of mb pc ddr for but then theres like this quot corsiar XMS quot crap thats like close to for mb pc What is the difference Its the same size mb and same speed pc so why would i want to motherboards and memory... pay that much more Is it like overclockable or something Will all pc memory work in all pc motherboards Thanx nbsp

A:motherboards and memory...

ECS 755-A Motherboard model
SKT-754 AMD64 bit compatible
SIS755/964 Chipset

You can use your old ATA HDD, but you won't see the full benefits of data transfer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards-and-memory.233086/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there I was purpose? What listings motherboards? are for compatibility their Memory wondering if someone could clarify why motherboard manufacturers put out memory compatibility listings Im in a discussion with a work collegue who seems to think that these lists are non-exhaustive and they do not also display incompatible ram Ive explained to him that i believe these listings are designed to show a list of all ram that is tested by the MB manufacturer and is known and therefore guaranteed to be compatible with the board in general He disagrees Memory compatibility listings for motherboards? What are their purpose? and suggests otherwise - he thinks that memory of similar specification timings and voltage to those listed on the compatibility are guaranteed to work as they Memory compatibility listings for motherboards? What are their purpose? share the same characteristics - he suggests those lists serve no purpose when trying to match memory types and motherboards for compatibility and therefore cannot be relied upon in a situation where ram may not be compatible with the board in question If anyone can clarify exactly why motherboard manufacturers provide these lists - Memory compatibility listings for motherboards? What are their purpose? that would be great nbsp

A:Memory compatibility listings for motherboards? What are their purpose?

But you don't want to assume the various modules would work together, or at the same time. Those listings of compatibility may show they work in the same system, but may or may not show memory that works together..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-compatibility-listings-for-motherboards-what-are-their-purpose.177012/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi

I stripped down my old desktop and I am wondering if I can use the recovered memory.

The memory In my current PC is:

8GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 4GB sticks)

and the recovered memory is:

8GB Corsair XM3 1333MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 4GB sticks) CMX8GX3M2A1333C9

A:Memory Compatability

You can use it but the 1600MHz RAM will only run at 1333MHz. I'd recommend not mixing them to be honest.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/350606-memory-compatability.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I currently have 512 ddr 2100. I want to get another 512 to make it a even gig. Is it possible to get faster memory or do i have to go with the same speed?

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi,

Just wondering, I've got 2 x 256 Mb PC3200 chips on my board now. If I would want to add another 512 Mb PC3200 on the third slot, will that work?

The board is the K8T Neo Series for the AMD 64 (K8T800 chip).

Thanks,

BBoW

A:Memory compatability?

Yes, you shouldn't have a problem. I would just make sure you buy it from the same manufacturer as your current sticks. Sometimes memory doesn't get along with different brands.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-compatability.16634/
Relevancy 55.47%

hi i just bought an hp 8034n pc athlon duo core 2gb ram and i want to add more memory i have the ddr2 4200 @533mghtz can anyone tell me what brand i can add that is most compatable ?reason i ask is some people on the hp site say certain brand aren't recognized by the system. but i dont want to pay $150 for a 1gb stick from hp help please.

A:memory compatability

Is this just another case of no Motherboard Manual ?
If so download a pdf version.It has compatible ram list.
But adding the same type as you have is OK if you know it's brand.
BTW,2 GB is plenty.
Your Motherboard might be limited to 2 GB.
HP - 905-206-4663

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-compatability.82213/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a toshiba a215-7422

in the specs of my laptop it says that the memory it has is:
PC5300 DDR2 SDRAM

Does anyone know if a
PC2-5300 667MHZ 200-Pin SODIMM DDR2

will be compatible?

Alternatively, how can I know which memory stick will work?

thanks.

A:memory compatability

That isn't the way you match memory. You need to match density, cas latency and ecc factor.
If you don't know how, then that's why we suggest you go to sites that will match your laptop for you, then buy the models they suggest wherever you like.
www.crucial,corsair or kingston.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatability.651394/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro A120 laptop (model no. PSAC1E-05T021EN, purchased Sept 07) that came fitted with 2x1GB Samsung DDR2 533MHz 200-pin RAM. I want to upgrade to at least 4GB so my first question is: does my machine support more than 2GB RAM?

Motherboard details (From CPU-Z)
Model: Portable PC (0x000003EC - 0x103CB030) version A0
BIOS: ACPI Bios version 3.20

I've got my eyes on some 2x2GB Patriot DDR2 800MHz PC2 6400 200-pin RAM that's going cheap. However, will this be compatible even though frequency is different? Will performance suffer as a result?

Also, I'm hoping to upgrade to 64-bit OS to make the most of my RAM - will my system support this and what's your advice?

Thanks

Relevancy 55.47%

i have 256mb pc2700 CL5 installed in my computer and i want to buy another memory 256mb pc2700 but it's available only in CL3, is this ok? will i have problems?

p.s. C.L: Cas Latency visit this website for info, but this site does not answer my question but gives a good description about CL
http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/trg-cas.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatability.242136/
Relevancy 55.04%

i'm planning on buying an SLI capable motherboard soon and was wondering if i needed to buy SLI compatible memory or just as long as i get the type of memory that's compatible with my motherboard i will be fine?

A:Motherboard/memory compatability...

The JDEC do not have a spec for "SLI Memory", and therefore "SLI Memory" is almost pure marketing fluff - all that means is the maker tested the same EPP ('Enhanced Performance Profile') you can get with any high performance memory on an SLI system. They then charge more for the same stuff, give a portion of the extra charges to nVidia for licencing fees to use the "SLI" brand on the sticks, and pocket the rest.

So use your good sense: If you have an overclock planned, buy RAM that is guaranteed to function at the Front Side Bus speeds you intend to run. DDR2 800 is plenty good for a 24/7 overclock setup, as it supports a 1600 Mhz FSB at 1:1. If you intend on running a plain old 1066 FSB, you only "Need" DDR2 533. The newer Intel chips with a 1333 Bus would 'need' 667 stuff. DDR2 is cheap, tho, and if you want something faster than you need, feel free.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/131061-motherboard-memory-compatability.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have an ABIT KV- motherboard with some problems and I want to replace it and compatability Memory limitations with an MSI K M Neo-V Both boards support AMD x processor and similiar type of RAM SDRAM PC Memory limitations and compatability DDR In the ABIT board it runs the memory right to the max In the MSI board which I just recieved in the mail but have not installed the manual says if your RAM is double-sided which it is and you run it in both slots it will reduce the speed to DDR This thoroughly upsets me I called Kingston the Memory limitations and compatability maker of my RAM and they said it s just the limitations of the motherboard and there s nothing I can do about it And I really can t afford to buy any new RAM Up to is all it will take anyway Want I want to know is will I notice a difference in performance A difference severe enough that would make me regret buying the board I plan on running two GB sticks with Windows Vista Basic x The reason this is so important for me to know is becasue I like my sysem to quot fly quot That s why I spent the extra money to get the DDR By the way it s a socket motherbaord for AMD These boards are getting harder to find and if I get a new more modern board there s a good chance it won t accept the RAM I have Who knows I may just be open to find a newer more modern motherboard combo that will run today s latest RAM Any suggestions on where to buy nbsp

A:Memory limitations and compatability

I always recommend attempting to go for newer technology before upgrading older tech. I would check out board prices at http://www.newegg.com.

I don't believe you'd see a noticeable speed decrease but why downgrade when you can upgrade? (budget withstanding of course)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-limitations-and-compatability.709623/
Relevancy 55.04%

On an old Dell Dimension 8250 I have 256MB ram running XP so very slow..
I want to upgrade it to 512MB
It has FSB of 533 with a P4 2.4 chip..
Can I use PC800 RDRAM or do I need to use PC1066 in this machine..
I understand this type of memory needs to be in matching pairs.
Is there any way round this?
AL..

Relevancy 55.04%

Will a mainboard that supports DDR type memory, support a graphics card with DDR2 ?

A:graphics memory compatability

I would like to know the answer to this question also.

Does a motherboard that supports DDR2 memory support a graphics card with DDR3 memory?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-memory-compatability.656349/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello.

If I have a Mobo that sez it supports a DIMM PC100 but I buy a DIMM 133, will the 133 work? Will I have any problems?

Relevancy 55.04%

This memory (http://shop1.frys.com/product/5611731) + this MOBO (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128387). I checked the manufacts product page and it did not explicitly list that particular ram. However, this is widely used ram and name brand and appears to work in almost every other MOBO I've seen. Thanks in advance.

A:MOBO/Memory Compatability

If the motherboard manufacturer doesn't list the RAM on their compatibilty list then you may have some problem IF a problem occurs. That doesn't mean to say that there will be a problem.

At least if you stick to RAM on the compatibility list you have an avenue to get replacements / money back etc if there is a problem and their is no fault with the RAM itself.

Thats me talking from my own experience haha. I have a Asus P5N-E SLI mobo and I bought 4Gb of OCZ RAM (PC4600) without checking the compatibility list! I haven't run a full memtest on the RAM sticks themselves yet but my system totally locks up / crashes in some games if I have all 4Gb in. It has no problems at all with just 2Gb!

Although quite a few types of OCZ RAM are on the Asus compatibility list the particular one I have isn't!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-memory-compatability.814982/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am jazzing up an old HP pavilion ze wm laptop for a family member who does not want to buy new I did a hard drive upgrade and it is pretty nice now but I want to upgrade the memory to the max since it has a paltry mb and anly mb available It can go sticks of up to pc according to the crucial advisor I went to eBay and got the required upgrade and the first vendor sent me just plain wrong Solved: compatability? Memory memory the second one Solved: Memory compatability? sent what he advertised it fits the slots has all the right numbers on it but the computer will not recognize them With the old memory and one stick of new it boots but only shows the original memory With just the new memory in tried individually and in a pair it causes the computer to reboot rapidly exactly times staying on after only the th reboot Then all there is to see is a black screen At that point the fan powers back a little and it just sits there I let it run for about minutes and the fan eventually stepped up revolutions as though it was doing something but still no screen No keys do anything either Was I sent duds or am I missing something Everything I have ever put memory in just took it and ran and I always bought what the crucial advisor said although not necessarily from them I don t see anything in bios that it Solved: Memory compatability? looks like I can change The only thing I can see that might be wrong is the old stick says mb DDR PC mb x the new ones say mb DDR pc mb x Crucial says pc x should work and showed another pc without the Xmb x X designation that should work Is this the problem it has to be x It is one of the memory designations I do not know if it can be different ECC parity buffering DDR etc are all the same between Solved: Memory compatability? them all Any suggestions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there, I have a Dell Inspiron M5030 laptop which I'd like to add some memory to.

I've looked round and I think it needs 204 Pin 1.5v DDR3 PC3-10600 SoDimm.

I have one 4G memory card (which I bought for a different laptop just before it went faulty and was replaced by a different model). It says on the pack: DDR3 PC3-8500 1066Mhz.

Any idea if this will work - it looks from the picture like it will fit?

Many thanks!

A:Memory Compatability Question

According to the Crucial memory advisor, the M5030 will use:

Memory Type: DDR3 PC3-12800, DDR3 PC3-10600, DDR3 PC3-14900, DDR3 (non-ECC)
Maximum Memory: 8GB
Slots: 2

Computer memory upgrades for Dell Inspiron M5030 Laptop/Notebook from Crucial.com

The memory module you have (DDR3 PC3-8500 1066Mhz) is a slightly "slower" stick but the M5030 should be backwards compatible and be able to use it just fine. According to Dell, there are two memory module slots, or connectors. One should be labeled "DIMM A" and the other "DIMM B". When installing just a single memory stick it typically goes into the first slot ("DIMM A".) When you turn the computer on for the first time with the new module in place, you may see a prompt that new memory has been detected. If by chance the memory is not detected, try switching it to "DIMM B". If it still doesn't work it's either (a) defective, or (b) not being recognized by the M5030.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-produ...nual_en-us.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/304013-memory-compatability-question.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Just purchased a xps I - W nbsp video card hd Win pro nbsp nbsp bit nbsp tb HD nbsp presently it has gb of ram x gb 8500 XPS memory compatability and x gb nbsp DDR PC - mhz in it nbsp I want nbsp to max out the ram to gb x gb mhz nbsp nbsp nbsp Need to know what gb dimm moduels are compatable All the ones I ve seen are xmp enhanced nbsp and nbsp I dont have enough knowledge about compatibiity or if they will work Is the motherboard on the xps nbsp xmp compatable Does the bios on the xps have provisions for setting this type of memory DDr PC - XMP enhanced nbsp Dell XPS 8500 memory compatability is of no help they dont even offer memory gb sticks for this new computer only gb sticks which are not xmp type However they do claim it is capable of gb max nbsp hopefull sombody has already completed this upgrade and XPS 8500 memory compatability can tell me what specific type style and speed nbsp they used XPS 8500 memory compatability to do this nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp thanks Mac

A:XPS 8500 memory compatability

Dell PCs can be fussy about RAM so a lot of people on this forum buy it from crucial.com because they guarantee it works in the system for which they recommended it -or they take it back.
You can find pairs of 8-GB RAM modules for the XPS 8500 at Crucial, here for $160. Note: it's DDR3-1333 RAM, not 1600 . The only DDR3-1600 RAM Crucial currently seems to be offering for the XPS 8500 is their 2G modules. Don't know if they'll offer 8-GB 1600 in the future.
If you mix 1333 and 1600 MHz RAM, it will all run at the speed of the slowest modules that are installed. Don't know how much difference that will make in performance, or if you'll notice...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19454353
Relevancy 55.04%

Would non compatable memory cause the PSU, MOBO, HDD to fry.
I have a earlier thread on this problem.

I have nailed it down to a PSU.
The memory read fine in post and said OK.

I'ts Kingston Memory. I have always been told the Kingston is a great stable memory. Not good for overclocking/voltage adjustment.

A:Memory Compatability Question.

Proof-reading slightly un-really not but completely necessary...I think.....

I'm not claiming to be the best or brightest Techspot has to offer but your post has a little bit of "inconsistency".
If you have if nailed down to a PSU, why is RAM compatibility even an issue? Unless the PC requires proprietary RAM, then Kingston "Value RAM" will pretty much post in almost anything. Will bad RAM take out other parts? Probably only if it's already burned out and short circuited to begin with. The DDR2 spec (stock) is 1.8 Volts. If the board in question is set to another voltage (which other high performance RAM requires), you can possibly damage a lower voltage stock DIMM. Assuming new RAM is what you're talking about, the board is more likely to kill it, rather than the other way around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-compatability-question.96801/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Intel d perl motherboard and bought two sets of Twinmos gb kits ie four mb sticks and the computer wont boot at all even with just one of these sticks The power Memory compatability problem goes on but the monitor stays black and theres no lights flashing on the keyboard Since I cant seem to post urls to product info Memory compatability problem I ll paste it here RAM Dual-Channel PC DDR GB MBx Mx x non-ECC DDR SDRAM Double Data Rate architecture MRS cycle with address key programs CAS latency CL Burst length Burst type Sequential amp Interleave variations of refresh Auto refresh Self refresh Serial Presence Detect support Banks to be operated simultaneously or independently Package TSOP CSP edge connector pads Data Rate Memory compatability problem MHz Clock frequency MHz Bus width -bit x Data Bandwidth GB Memory compatability problem s SSTL- interface Voltage - V Motherboard Memory Four -pin DDR SDRAM DIMM sockets Support for DDR DDR and DDR Support for up to GB of system memory From what I can see the memory should work with this motherboard then again I m no expert Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Memory compatability problem

Oh yeah, previously I had one 512 stick and one 256 stick, both twinmos as well but pc2100 and the new ones are pc3200. However if I understand correctly that means the old ones are ddr266 and the new ones ddr400, and both is supported by the motherboard. Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-compatability-problem.421192/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi;

Would like to avoid possible compatibility issues between sticks of memory- can someone please comment on whether or not these two can coexist?

*16MX64 SDRAM PC100-222-820 128M, SYNC, 100MHz, CL2

* 128mb pc100 168-pin DIMM

one's onboard, the other to be an add-on. information as written on the modules themselves-

thanks very much for the assist!
webz

Relevancy 54.61%

I was thinking about getting this motherboard and wanted to make sure the memory I have now will be compatible I plan to upgrade the memory later though as funds allow I have 8GB. Thanks!
Newegg.com - ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ - Newegg.com

A:memory & motherboard compatability questions

According to the ASUS specs, the mobo supports:

Quote:
4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 3000(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2600(O.C.)/2500(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1800(O.C.)/1600/1333 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel? Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).

Source

Since your G.Skill is DDR3 1600 it should be compatible. Just for confirmation, you have a total of 4 G.Skill sticks at 2GB each, correct? And they are matched at DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/303974-memory-motherboard-compatability-questions.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I bought a new Sony camera model DSC-W370 It did not have a very large photo memory so I went
and bought the recommended memory stick for it MS-MT4g Mark2 That is not the problem that stick will not fit my imac as
it is physically smaller then the port on my mac . is there an adapter made for it or ?? What would your suggestion be on this matter? I am at a loss
Thank You

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello.

Unfortunately, a while back I lost my links and I never did find all my lost gaming links. I need links to tell me Win2k game compatability and game hacks that will allow me to play games that would otherwise be problematic or impossible to play on Win2k! Can anybody help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-sites-to-research-win2k-game-compatability-and-compatability-cracks.38203/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

My laptop doesn't seem to recognize any memory devices like passport drives, cameras, pendrives etc.
Could you please help me out with this?

Regards,
Shyam

A:Memory Devices not recognized on XP

Hmm, perhaps there is a problem with your USB ports, or perhaps the crypto services are corrupt.

Try this:
Download Dial-a-fix and choose Fix SSL/HTTPS/Cryto
http://wiki.lunarsoft.net/wiki/Dial-a-fix

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-devices-not-recognized-on-xp.128711/
Relevancy 48.16%

When using a usb memory flash card for the first time in windows xp or any PC for that matter, it reads he device and then tells you the device is ready. Almost as if the computer is reading in info about the device to its registery.

My question, when you plug in a USB hard drive or USB flash memory jump drive does it save that info (such as device info, what kind of device it is, serial numbers, files accessed etc) onto the PC??

or is that data stored on the actual USB device??

thanks

A:USB flash memory devices??

mike314 said:

When using a usb memory flash card for the first time in windows xp or any PC for that matter, it reads he device and then tells you the device is ready. Almost as if the computer is reading in info about the device to its registery.

My question, when you plug in a USB hard drive or USB flash memory jump drive does it save that info (such as device info, what kind of device it is, serial numbers, files accessed etc) onto the PC??

or is that data stored on the actual USB device??

thanksClick to expand...

all depends on the device. Most computers will save the drivers so that they are ready to go the next time the device is plugged in. Instead of installing the device every time, it can store sum stuff so you can access it faster.

Its nothing to be worried about (as long as its virus free, since some drives can have autorun), why do you ask?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-flash-memory-devices.709034/
Relevancy 47.73%

When I attach any USB storage devices to my laptop (eg memory sticks, 1TB Seagate standalone drive, internal drive mounted in external usb chassis) I get a Code 32 error in the properties panel saying the drivers are disabled.

All the devices show the following drivers:
c:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\Apsx64.sys
c:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\disk.sys
c:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\DzHDD64.sys
c:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\partmgr.sys
c:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys

These all look like pretty standard drivers. A possible item of interest is that I have been pretty aggressive about turning services to manual or disabled at boot to get my computer to run faster. Which driver is disabled and how do I enable it or otherwise fix this?

Thanks,

Craig

Relevancy 46.87%

In the last - weeks my computer A Lenovo DLU dual processor Gb memory nbsp running Windows bit nbsp suddenly decided it did not like USB memory sticks anymore Whether directly connected to ANY USB port or as a card in the printer card port or as a camera it always USB Windows 7 error memory read devices FAT in gives the same error Device needs to be formatted Do you want to USB memory devices FAT read error in Windows 7 do this now and ofcourse I do not want to nbsp I have tried this with nbsp quite a few sticks cards that work in other computers windows XP vista W bit and are either formatted in FAT or FAT They seem to work in all other computers but in this Windows machine they install with no problems and show up in the Computer Management as installed healthy but RAW This is not a USB device hardware error since I can connect them to another W machine and it shows up fine and the data is readable and data can be written to them I have tried uninstalling all USB devices rebooting reinstalling the devices removing filters for the USB device uninstalling the USB Mass Storage Device when connected and reinstalling it moving all the USB devices to different ports but to no avail It keeps on having the same problem every time I wondered if it had anything to do with the last updates Oct since it happened about that time All other non-memory USB devices like webcam printer work fine Next item I will be tackling is copying the USBSTOR SYS and USBSTOR INF from another W computer to see if that will make a difference in the installation of the devices Any help with this would be really appreciated AND AGAIN it is NOT a hardware device issue since I can read the devices on other computers but none of the devices work on ANY port on this computer Regards Derick B Derick Bartelings D C

A:USB memory devices FAT read error in Windows 7

I have tried uninstalling all USB devices, rebooting, reinstalling the devices, removing filters for the USB device, uninstalling the USB Mass Storage Device when connected, and reinstalling it, moving all the USB devices to different ports, but to no avail.
It keeps on having the same problem every time. I wondered if it had anything to do with the last updates, (Oct. 14,2010) since it happened about that time. All other (non-memory) USB devices, like webcam, printer work fine. Next item I will be tackling is,
copying the USBSTOR.SYS and USBSTOR.INF from another W7 computer, to see if that will make a difference in the installation of the devices.

Yes, OP stated problem began then. No other reason.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b4113977-b991-4bf4-8fc4-f30f621f5e2f/usb-memory-devices-fat-read-error-in-windows-7?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 46.87%

Recently I built a PC with a Foxconn FXMJ-RS mobo with Intel Duo CPU GB I use my olf RAM memory from my old dell dimension MB and ATA HD GB and GB I am using the graphics adapater nic audio already with the mobo I install Windows Pro and installed all MS Windows updates and ran without any problems Couple of days later I installed OpenOffice Epson printer McAfee internet security package and an a or Devices needed!!!! Problem: Error Help Memory ???? scanner and ran well I turned off The following day I start the system and the systems crashed and start itself Give me an error and prompt me with Ms Online Crash Analysis http oca microsoft com en windiag asp top I try to restored to previous days and start the process and stops crashed and reboots without restoring to a previous date I reboot in safe mode with networking and the system worked well Them I uninstall the scanner but the system still gve me the Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!! same error I unstalled McAfee and continued with the same error I follow the advise that MS Online Crash Analsysis suggested and test the memory and give a thounand errors Them I run the same test in my Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!! other pc which run very well without errors and give me also a thousand problems I used additonal memory from other system that are working well but are failing with the Foxconn system I tested the Mobo and works pretty Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!! well Personally I don t think is a memory issue but I do not know everything and I need help My issue is that the pc foxconn mobo runs very well in safe mode with networking however when I try to run normal fails I do not want to expend buying more memory if I don t need Do you have any suggestions or advise Thanks for the time you will take in reading my post Bernard nbsp

A:Error Problem: Memory or Devices ???? Help needed!!!!

Hi Bernard,

At this link there is a list of drivers for your motherboard. As your system appears to be stable in Safe Mode this why my suspicions are centred on a driver issue.

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/support/downloads.aspx?ProductModel= 661GX7MI-RS&TypeID=en-us0000004

It is likely that something in your configuration is depending on a Microsoft driver rather than the manufacturers.

Also on this site you will find a BIOS update.

I hope this works out for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-problem-memory-or-devices-help-needed.806569/
Relevancy 46.44%

The Realtek ATI HDMI Audio device in my machine works perfectly when the machine has got 2Gb of memory installed in it, but when I put another 2Gb in and reboot the audio devices vanish from the Device Manager and I get a red X in the little speaker icon on the taskbar.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit

Has anyone seent his behaviour?

A:Realtek audio devices vanish with 4Gb memory installed

I'm having this exact same problem. Any Solution?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/35507-realtek-audio-devices-vanish-4gb-memory-installed.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi The following is a copy of a post I made recently on the Microsoft Community forum and for which so far I have had no reply Hopefully someone on this forum may be able to offer some advice I still run an XP Pro SP desktop but it is not connected to the internet I also use a Windows desktop that does have an internet connection Sometimes I use usb memory sticks to transfer files between the two computers Even though the memory sticks work perfectly well in the XP system whenever memory devices Event error but are sticks using etc. usb the when reports viewer I use them the Event Viewer reports Event viewer reports error when using usb memory sticks etc. but the devices are an error 'RSM could not load media in Drive of library USB Flash Drive USB device' or similar I also get similar errors when I use the front panel card reader included when new so not a later installation Windows reports no errors with the same devices This appears merely a nuisance rather than a problem for me because as I have said everything is working fine I would be grateful for comments and advice from other forum members who may be able to offer some sort of explanation Thank you

A:Event viewer reports error when using usb memory sticks etc. but the devices are

Wild guess would be damaged USB drivers in the XP install.

I would start with uninstalling each item in Device Manager/USB which cites itself as a "controller" (don't fiddle with "hubs", "devices", or anything else...just the ones under USB which have "controller" in the description.  Then I would reboot and allow the USB drivers to reinstall automatically.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593281/event-viewer-reports-error-when-using-usb-memory-sticks-etc-but-the-devices-are/
Relevancy 39.99%

Symptom 1: Xonar D2 Audio Center does not behave normally -> Speaker test does not function. The speaker test function included in Windows under "volume\PlayBack Devices" does function normally.

Symptom 2: Devices within "Playback Devices" are incorrectly named.

How it should look:

How it looks on my computer:

I have tried to install this countless times.

A:Asus Xonar 2D/PM - Playback Devices - Devices Incorrectly Named

Only difference between the D2 and the D2X is one os PCI (D2), and the other is PCI-E (D2X), so you're not missing anything that way. The speaker test not working is something else. You using the latest driver from Asus (Version: 7.12.8.1794), or the one that came on the disk with the card?

Might be worth giving this modded set a try,

ASUS XONAR Unified Drivers 1.64 (post periodically updated) | brainbit

and see if that fixes it. I have a DGX and have only ever used the above since the day I got it as I had seen the reports of how flaky the driver from Asus could be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/280374-asus-xonar-2d-pm-playback-devices-devices-incorrectly-named.html
Relevancy 39.56%

A USB detecting showing devices Some ports devices + not Duplicate little background info I had a friend of mine build this PC for me Some USB ports not detecting devices + Duplicate devices showing a few days ago its custom This is the motherboard I bought new Z- A I did a lot of upgrades so we had to do a custom install I chose the default location to the same drive as my original W OS was on I installed all the drivers that came with the motherboard and all windows updates Even if they are not recognized the devices still get power like my phone will charge but the PC doesnt know what it is or even see it as unknown While gaming nights ago one of my presumed dead USB ports that didnt read my Sennheiser headsets randomly began to read it amp automatically installed drivers for it after I was initially unable to get it to detect before So it just kinda came alive on its own you could say I've attached screenshots of my devices and printers and device manager nbsp Control Panel JPG nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp devman JPG nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads weird things about the devices and printers list You will see in devices and printers it says I have Keyboards I only have the one on the far left I Only have Playstation controller When my Sennheisers were detected I immediately installed the drivers for them from their website but now it shows up as Unspecified Before my reinstall of windows I am pretty sure it listed in the devices category with a picture of the headset The JAYUP-PC is my computer name of my current and previous PC not sure why it shows up in device manager at all It says its an ASUS device and is unrecognized when trying to have windows identify it or assign drivers to it Its kinda weird There are dead ports on the front and back I am more concerned with the USB devices not being detected rather than duplicate weird entries but I am thinking they may have something to do with one another Would greatly appreciate any help from you tech gurus out there before I spend a fortune at a tech shop Sorry if this was too long just wanted to give as much info as I could to help you guys in helping me and all Thanks

A:Some USB ports not detecting devices + Duplicate devices showing

FWIW:  Duplicate devices may appear...if one device is used to install...and a different one is used later, IME.

The ximple way to remove any apparent dupes...is to delete them via Device Manager (including the use currently installed)...then reboot and reinstall the drivers if they are not automatically reinstalled by Windows.

Device Manager typically reflects such items on a given system, see Remove Unused Drivers and Devices - http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/WindowsXP/UserTips/TroubleShooting/RemoveUnusedDriversandDevices.html .

I have no answer for your USB questions, it appears that the right drivers are installed.  You might take a look at

USB port may stop working after removing or inserting USB device - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817900/en-us

USB Problems, MS FixIt - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/577303/some-usb-ports-not-detecting-devices-duplicate-devices-showing/
Relevancy 39.56%

hi

i have one main HD (IDE) and my OS on it

i added 2 new SATA dvices one HD and one DVD Burner everything work fine

but i dont understand why it apears on my removal dvices (just like it does when i conect USB dvice)

i think its because the new technology SATA uses (unlike IDE i can plug unplag it when the Pc is on) therefore it is shown as removal dvice

maybe its normal thing i dont realy know i see it only on my Pc

anyway i would like to fix it , if there any way to

here is the pic:

A:Sata devices problem apears on removal devices

I'm not sure that is a normal happening.. I have a sata harddrive myself and it does not show up in the remove devices. Only thing i can think of is make sure your drivers are completely up to date.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sata-devices-problem-apears-on-removal-devices-387597.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi there

Not sure whats happening here but getting multiple displays for the same devices !!!!

Any fix, or is system Broken.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Devices and Printers - devices being displayed multiple times

Looks like Ghosts of DLNA devices. Start by taking offline any DLNA capable gear, reboot the Gateway and also clear its IP Table.

Also clear out those ghosts from Devices and Printers.

For some reason this started in Windows 7, when Microsoft started to play games with DLNA and media Shares.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/52339-devices-printers-devices-being-displayed-multiple-times.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I have two USB audio devices that I cannot seem to properly install drivers for Focusrite Scarlett i amp KORG MicroKONTROL I am in communication with both product tech support teams but so far they have not offered a successful solution As the same issue is occurring with multiple devices I thought it might be an OS issue I run Win Home Premium x The problem is as follows The product drivers install Audio Devices USB in Device Manager Devices under showing Other correctly without error However instead of showing up in the Device Manager in either USB Controllers or Sound Controllers they both show in Other Devices with a yellow exclamation mark I have tried the following fix from this site USB Driver - General Fix for Problems and this actually enabled me to access a portable HDD that wasn't working but it didn't fix the issue for my audio devices I have also Audio USB Devices showing under Other Devices in Device Manager tried right clicking on the devices in Other Devices selecting Driver Update I then find the correct drivers listed but when I hit install I get the following error message on both quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while Audio USB Devices showing under Other Devices in Device Manager attempting to install it One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time quot Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Audio USB Devices showing under Other Devices in Device Manager

Could it be the two devices are competing with each other and the driver installer gets confused? Details on the devices and the needs to use two of the same type probably would be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344049-audio-usb-devices-showing-under-other-devices-device-manager.html
Relevancy 39.56%

When going into my Microsoft account, then under 'Devices', there are 4 devices linked.
The number of devices is correct, but that's it.
All other data is incorrect, or outdated.

I have 2 'real' PC's and 2 VM's using 1 single retail Windows 10 Pro and 3 upgrades from 7/8->10
However, 'devices' show 1 'real' PC (n?t the one with the retail W10 version, but the one running on an upgrade) and 3 VM's.

I assume it isn't but if at all possible..., how do I get that in sync with what I am actually using.

=

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61106-microsoft-account-devices-not-sync-actual-devices.html
Relevancy 39.13%

After upgrading to 8.1 all of my previously listed devices are no longer listed under devices... in fact there are no devices listed. I can also not add a device. If I look in device manager they are listed there and if I go to print the printer shows up and I can print. The screenshot below shows what I see when I open "Devices and Printers" in control panel. The biggest issue is not being able to add devices like Bluetooth speaker. Anyone have an idea how Tom resolve??

A:Windows 8.1 upgrade no devices now listed under devices.

You'll need updated chipset drivers from your computer manufacturer.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/33610-windows-8-1-upgrade-no-devices-now-listed-under-devices.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have been unable to connect to anything on my wired network for about the last week I don't remember making any changes however I just became unable to connect I having done a little troubleshooting I can connect to Wifi to Connect Wired Devices Can't Devices the shares of my Windows Home Server if I use the IP address The name does not resolve Flushed DNS and restarting DNS server Flushing DNS works on one client to allow Can't Connect Wifi Devices to Wired Devices browsing by the name amp restarting DNS works on the other However neither works after a restart Only my Wifi clients are experiencing this issue My wired clients desktops PS Xbox and Boxee can connect perfectly This issue is not limited to my server I can't connect to shares on my desktop nor print to my wired printer Some network background I have DSL through CenturyLink and have a Linksys E router Sent a test page from one laptop to the printer at pm it finally printed at pm

A:Can't Connect Wifi Devices to Wired Devices

What security software do you have on your wireless machine? Is it part of the same workgroup as the rest of your machines?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/171446-cant-connect-wifi-devices-wired-devices.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Usb 3.0 devices wokr any slot, but usb 2.0 not works at usb 3.0 ports. I test with flash drive 3.0 and  flash drive 2.0 FD3.0 works at all 4 slotsFD2.0 works only in one slot (usb2.0) Help pls.  Deviceshttp://prntscr.com/cjxg8x  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Usb-3-0-devices-works-any-slot-but-usb-2-0-devices-not-work/td-p/5768812
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a Dell XPS with a in card reader I also have a DVD and a Blu Ray drive installed in the computer But in the descriptions in Computer I get this BD-RE Drive G SD mini-MMS RS DVD RW removable devices? storage Devices with combining Drive H CF MD I have even moved the two drives off of the SATA ports built into the motherboard to a Startech SATA III PCI card but this behavior continues I have even deleted the drives in device manager and had windows reinstall them I have also unassigned and reassigned drive letters to the card readers Nothing I have done fixes the situation completely The only progress I have made is that after moving the drives to Devices with removable storage combining devices? the PCI card ports I can put a disc into either drive and it will read it and the description will change and drop the card reader description But the other drive will keep the wrong drive description What can I do to Devices with removable storage combining devices? fix this

A:Devices with removable storage combining devices?

That is supposed to be colon and a closed parenthesis on the drive letters, not smilies.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/337052-devices-removable-storage-combining-devices.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Windows Professional bit Gigabyte x PC Windows bluetooth discovery is not finding any devices On my android phone I can turn on discovery and locate the PC and it prompts me to enter the passcode on the PC However no devices show up I have tried three different USB dongles and installed the generic Windows bluetooth driver One of the devices prompted me for a different driver which was downloaded and installed but then the radio was not recognized I've tried three different devices as well a mouse a trackpad and the android phone I've but found, devices bluetooth other find PC. devices the No installed quot Bluetooth Command Line Tools quot and it tells me that the radio is installed and working properly as does the Windows device manager Bluetooth icon shows in the system tray when the dongle is plugged in I've changed the settings in services msc as detailed in other posts changing to local account with my username and password I've turned off firewall and antivirus no change Constructive ideas suggestions and opinions No bluetooth devices found, but other devices find the PC. are welcome I can't just throw it No bluetooth devices found, but other devices find the PC. out the window though as this is a work computer All I want to do is add a Bluetooth trackpad

A:No bluetooth devices found, but other devices find the PC.

I've just installed BlueSoliel (trail version which will expire in 30 days) and now all my devices can pair and connect.

At this point it appears to be a Windows software / driver issue. I'd really like to track this down and fix it myself, I don't mind actually paying for the BlueSoliel software but I'm stubborn about 'stupid computer problems'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/362620-no-bluetooth-devices-found-but-other-devices-find-pc.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I recently installed Windows on a laptop I have a bunch of computers on the network to include a WD can Cannot Devices, Open but see Networked I Devices MyCloud and a shared printer The Win computer can 'see' the devices in Network file explorer When I attempt to open a computer or the MyCloud I get an error message that the device cannot be found But printing to a standalone networked IP printer works fine Also printing to a printer hosted on an I can see Devices, but Cannot Open Networked Devices iMac acting as a print server works fine too I tried connecting from two PCs on Windows and they can see and open the other computers and MyCloud I can see Devices, but Cannot Open Networked Devices without any problems I logged into MyCloud's website and the drive is visible I can see Devices, but Cannot Open Networked Devices from outside the router I did restart router and other network equipment a few times just in case Something with the Win settings I am sure - I tried turning file and print sharing under Advanced Network Settings On and Off and still no access I turned the firewall and virus software off still no access Why can the PC show me all the icons along with their network names but I cannot open anything

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57383-i-can-see-devices-but-cannot-open-networked-devices.html
Relevancy 37.41%

My friend happened to look in Devices and Printers and in the Multimedia Devices section he had about devices showing up that he never heard of Six of them were computers with names that he had never heard of the others were devices that we could not tell what they were I expect that these entries mean that at some time they were on the same network that he was on Would that be correct If so then it is a matter for concern because he never goes on public networks He only goes on his network at home and a network in a small office that he rents and shares with one other person They have their own router with security set up on it and that devices Unexpected in Printers Devices appear and router is connected to Unexpected devices appear in Devices and Printers an Ethernet jack that most likely goes to a switch on a network that also provides internet service to some other offices in the same building This computer is only about months old so these entries can't be too old When I looked at his computer he was on his home network and all those other devices showed as Offline I right clicked on them all and removed them Would it be a good guess that perhaps the security Unexpected devices appear in Devices and Printers of the network at his office was compromised and those devices were connected to that network at some point I told him to monitor and see when they reappear but he won't be back in that office for weeks Thanks

A:Unexpected devices appear in Devices and Printers

I occasionally see seemingly random devices show up as well on some of my herd here. I can always sort out what they are though since I know my network well.

Having said that;
Windows found these devices over the network at some point. From what you've described, it sounds like the office is where this happened. I'd see about swapping out the router there if they continue to show up since some older cheap routers actually allowed traffic from their WAN side to pass to the LAN. Haven't seen that in some time, but I'd still consider the router to be the prime suspect.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47524-unexpected-devices-appear-devices-printers.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I have Win7 RC1 installed on three machines. Two are 64-bit and one is 32-bit. On the 64-bit desktop and the 32-bit laptop, everything seems to be running OK in the Devices and Printers window. However, on the 64-bit laptop, the Devices and Printers page doesn't load. The green bar moves across, then stalls after several minutes. I can install a new printer or device, but I can't configure or delete an old device. Any assistance is appreciated. The two laptops are identical Dell Latitude D830s, except that one runs 32-bit Win7 and the other runs 64-bit. It's the 64-bit one that's having problems. At the very least, if there are other ways to install, configure and -- especially -- delete printers and devices without using the control panel applet, I would greatly appreciate learning how to do it. Ths...

A:Devices and Printers page takes forever to load & doesn't show my devices or printers

The issue occurs if your anti-virus or firewall blocks this action. Please temporary disable the firewall and anti-virus, and then check the result.
If the issue persists, please boot in Clean Boot Mode. This method will help us determine if this issue is caused by a loading program or service. Please perform the following steps:
1. Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
Note: If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.
2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray). 3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".
Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.
Please test this issue in the Clean Boot environment, if the issue disappears in the Clean Boot environment, we can use a 50/50 approach to quickly narrow down which entry is causing the issue.Arthur Xie - MSFT

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1584cd60-b06b-4550-a5dd-62eea5754947/devices-and-printers-page-takes-forever-to-load-amp-doesnt-show-my-devices-or-printers?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello, and I self-built my last PC minus the motherboard. Have little education on what motherboard's are the best for what I build.
I can install or upgrade any other part of my PC, but don't know for my particular motherboard if I am upgrading or building correctly.

Here's what I will be building. I use a lot of graphics and games. So I get a good graphics board, good video and sound cards, etc..I usually get a 40 or 80gb Hardrive (using seagate, just because I find them stable)

If anyone could recommend a good motherboard for a self-build Iwould be most grateful. Thanks Walter, email - [email protected]

A:Motherboards

First, you want to ask yourself what processor you want: That will lead you to a good motherboard...

Do you want to go AMD Athlon XP or 64, or do you want to go Intel Pentium 4 or Celeron?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards.255826/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, what's up?
I wanted some help from you guys, those who know about the MSI K8T Neo2-FIR and MSI K8T Neo2 Platinum. My questions are, which one is better? I've read many reviews but I'm still kinda confused. The other question is, on the MSI K8T Neo2-FIR Motherboard, is the sound 7.1 any good, or is better to buy a separated Sound Card like Audigy? What about the wireless card that comes with it?
Ok, I think that's about it.

Thank you so much for any answer.
Cya

Dre0745

A:MSI Motherboards

Dre,

Try this Google: "msi neo2" ratings

Lots of good reviews.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-motherboards.268010/
Relevancy 36.98%

What would be the best 2 way SLI motherboard wich would support ddr3 ram and i7 CPU and would be inaf good for looong time .
Since i haw problems with money atm planing to slowly buy the parts 1by1 and mout important for me is a motherboard what will support latest futures for long time .

A:Sli motherboards ?

There are Socket 1366 and 1156 I7 CPUs. Which do you want?

Socket 1156 boards are in general less expensive, but their price ranges overlap.

The main thing that you get with 1366 and the I7s that go with it is the triple channel RAM capability.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/113838-sli-motherboards.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Has anyone had any experience or any problems with ECS motherboards. I wanna upgrade my 2nd PC with has an abit BE6and P3 450mhz. I was on pricewatch and i found a ECS K7S5A mobo with a Duron 1gb cpu for $94, seems like a great deal if the mobo is relieable..
thanks all

Relevancy 36.98%

I have a pc that i bought in 99 p3 500 with slots for sd ram (PC100) my Q is, i want to get another motherboard that will accept a bigger processor but i still want to retain my 512m SD RAM and graphics card.. my current motherboard is a chaintech.

Relevancy 36.98%

I am on my second ASUS M N-E board The green LED on the first one would never in Bad a Motherboards row?! 2 stay on longer than second so it was probably no good The LED stays lit on the one that I am using now but when I attempt to start it up the fans will spin for a couple seconds and then quit I stripped it down so that only the pin power pin power CPU fan stick of RAM and the case power switch are connected I 2 Bad Motherboards in a row?! have tried this with and without the video card and with or without the pin power connector and nothing really changes I talked to ASUS tech support earlier who told me that there weren t enough amps going to the rails on the power supply and told me the amperages that I would need when I bought a new power supply Well now I have a new power supply that meets these requirements but still nothing has changed I m not surprised Is something wrong with this MoBo too nbsp

A:2 Bad Motherboards in a row?!

Check to make sure everything is grounded. Also, it could possibly be a bios problem?

Try taking everything out of the case and lying it on a anti-static bag, like the one your mobo prob came in. Then start it up and see what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-bad-motherboards-in-a-row.73986/
Relevancy 36.98%

i have not built a complete computer system for about 2 years and i am a little out of date on the look of the motherboards. i get a monthly PC mag and i saw a new motherboard and found that i could only make out the processor socket.. is there any way in which i can get a diagram to show me the bits on the boards and a way to keep me up to date on the bits.. any one know a website

I don't believe there is any one web site that provides that extensive an amount of information. Why not just try going to the various mobo websites and looking at their products there? I was just at the ASUS and HP websites and got complete specs on my MOBO along with schematic and photo shots. I printed them, then placed them in my computers information folder in my filing cabinet. That way I can pull them out and peruse them should I ever need to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards.532446/
Relevancy 36.98%

What would be a good motherboard that would support at lease 1.6ghz p4 and can have 2 scsi and 4 ide things in it.. anybody know of any?

Asus seem to be pretty good, as far as scsi I haven't seen a mobo with onboard, you will have to use a scsi adapter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards.73569/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello there,

I had a bit of problem with my computer. It seems that it doesn't beep though the CPU fan is working properly... I've tried everything: i've replaced everything (including the CPU) just to make sure it works, but it doesn't. I've tried to insert all the parts from my old computer into another unit, and it works fine. I thought that my motherboard was broken but by the time i've placed its CPU into the other unit, the CPU wont work either. Is it possible that both of my CPU & my motherboard are busted??? Place help me... don't know what to do.

A:CPU and motherboards

The CPU has to be installed in a motherboard that accepts the processor type. If you are sure that the test motherboard was compatible with this suspect CPU, yes the CPU and motherboard may both be damaged

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-and-motherboards.136722/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey all it s good to be back Got a bit of a weird one today don t I always Basically I have three computers The first is a very low end machine SktA AMD Sepmron Mb DDR GB HDD GeForce MX The next is only slightly better SktA AMD Sepmron Mb DDR GB HDD GB HDD NVIDIA Ultra And finally the motherboards Two pop?! gone best which isn t that great Skt AMD X Gb DDR GB SATA HDD GB HDD GB HDD GB SATA HDD NVIDIA GTX Basically the first and last computers now don t work The first one does Two motherboards gone pop?! not put any output to the screen even with a new gcard The old card is fried as it doesn t work in any machine I would say that the mobo on the first one is dead too as everything spins up fine but there is zero output The third computer was running fine until it BSODed XP bsod btw Can t remember the stop error unfortunately I turned it off and walked away When I came back I turned it on and got no output on-screen I unplugged all the drives and gave it another go Got output but it froze after detecting the CPU Got a POST code of F I believe I put the drives back in and it froze after detecting them This time it gave me a code of C Can anyone help me out with these issues Or does it just sound like the mobos bios on each is gone If that is the case why the hell would two perfectly healthy computers go on the same day near enough Any thoughts Thanks Ironfist nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-motherboards-gone-pop.620494/
Relevancy 36.98%

We have been asked to build six additional computers, with the stipulation that they have USB 3.0. We know that USB 3.0 is on the way, but we were unaware that any were sold with ports for USB 3.0.
Can anyone give us an update? Along with a recommendation of which board, if they are available. I don't find any from our vendor.

A:Motherboards - Is USB 3.0 Available on Any?

Google shows a few ,heres one link :- http://www99.shopping.com/xPO-MSI-P45D3-Platinum-775-Socket-for-Intel-P45-ICH10R-Chipset-ATX

also just found this ,looking to see if mine had it...it dont....

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/WebPage/mb_091020_333/data/tech_090814_p55-models.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards-is-usb-3-0-available-on-any.139233/
Relevancy 36.98%

I am going to get an AthlonXP 1900+ processor. which is the best motherboard to get using SDRAM?

Asus boards are fine performers and carry two-years more warranty than any other brand (three years total).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards.68543/
Relevancy 36.98%

Anyone recall which XFX motherboard it was that broke the world record in DDR3 memory speed?

A:XFX Motherboards

was it this one. It vaguely mentions world-record setting ram or something and it is DDR3

http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/...tra-SLI-Socket-775-DDR3-Motherboard_7416.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xfx-motherboards.917143/
Relevancy 36.98%

I dont really know wat a mother board is exactly. And how do i look at what my mother board is and what its limit is and stuff?? How do we pick out a good mother board to upgrade to also?? I am very confused with this mother board stuff!!

Relevancy 36.98%

I have a bad mobo, I want to get a new one, the mobo I have is a Leonite2 There is a leonite board. Will it work? whats the difference between the teo?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00864946&lc=en&cc=us leonite

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01080268 Leonite2

I have a pentium duo core2 E4400 chip that I am planning on using.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-someone-help-me-with-motherboards.910382/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm upgrading my motherboard, cpu and ram today but I don't want to reinstall windows. I've moved my hard drive into new PC's before and had no problems except for having to do a repair install but I have this vague memory about windows warning me I could only do it x number of times on the same CD key.

Last time I moved my HDD I went from an AMD system to an Intel and with a repair install everything went fine. This time I'm going from intel to AMD (fwiw, also from AGP to PCI-E)
this and this suggest just disabling some drivers would mean I wont have to reinstall but they're not 100% clear on whether this will work for Intel -> AMD or vice versa - can anyone advise?

A:New motherboards and XP

Probably still looking at doing the repair install and
installing the new drivers.
The warning was probably about activation.
It usually resets after 90 days anyway.
Any problems,you can always use the call in activation option.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-motherboards-and-xp.834690/
Relevancy 36.98%

How do i find out everything about my motherboard? It is the same one that came with the computer and i didn't get a manual. Is there a program that could tell me about my motherboard? I just want to know which jumpers i have to switch to put a new processor on.

Go to this site and scroll down and it will tell you how to find your Motherboard. By using the bios numbers... http://www.ping.be/bios/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards.34113/
Relevancy 36.98%

i have a dell planar 5e692 and i wanted to know if it is a atx or what is it i am buying a new case and need to know the compatibility please help

A:motherboards

I'm quite sure it is standard ATX, however if it is micro ATX, any standard case should also accomodate micro-ATX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards.58716/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello friends,

Has anyone ever heard of OR had any experience with "Mach Speed" motherboards??

The only place I have seen them is at Tiger Direct. They have a lifetime warranty. Also, they look like a really good deal.

I realize that the most tried and true m'boards are Asus and Abit and MSI but I am trying to squeeze as much motherboard as I can from my very limited dollars.

Please help if you can!!!

trumpetman51

Relevancy 36.98%

I have a PII processor on a QDI Legend V Motherboard & I would like to upgrade to a PIII 750.

Could anyone please tell me whether the board will support it?

Thanks

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi.Could someone tell me what cheap motherboard I could obtain with which I could install win98\winxp.I have two hard drives so would like to setup win98 on one and winxp on the other (they are both sata drives).My present motherboard with P5GD1-vm is not compatible with win98.Thank you.

Question

What do you consider cheap? What processor do you have? I bought an ASUS P4V8X-MX for my mom's machine for about $55. It's a socket 478. I think all you need is a mobo whose BIOS has the option to answer yes/no to "PnP aware OS?" However, you may have to change that setting before you boot each time, depending on which OS you want to boot in.

Though I think I'm correct, some of the guys that know stuff will show up and correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards.42972/
Relevancy 36.98%

Can I replace a Dell p/n N826N motherboard with a Dell p/n T287N in my Inspiron 545 desktop?  Also, is a 775 socket compatible with both an Intel Core 2 Duo and an Intel Core 2 Quad processor?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19987933
Relevancy 36.98%

Simple question: Is there any 4X AGP motherboards? If so, what are they? What type of slots? Slot 1, Slot A, PPGA, etc...

Thanks!!!

Cory

------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://ShopComputerAces.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A:Is there any 4X AGP motherboards?

Yes there are quite a few out now. both abit and asus have 4x slot1 or slotA, there are others, just can't remember off the top of my head. I think it boils down to the intel 820 and viapro133a chipsets that support 4x

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-any-4x-agp-motherboards.32795/
Relevancy 36.98%

How can I find out what the biggest Mhz processor will fit and work in my motherboard?

First you will need to know who made the board. One way to tell is to open the case and see if there is a name and a revision number..

You could go here and click the bios numbers link on this page to find the name of your board.. http://www.wimsbios.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards.68035/
Relevancy 36.98%

Do Gateway Motherboards have a reset jumper.

For what the CMOS ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards.67331/
Relevancy 36.98%

Recently I swapped motherboards on a Packard Bell 486DXz 66MHz, and now when I try to boot the computer I get this: "invaild system disk replace disk and hit any key". The board that I used was a used board that I think is good? I tried to boot the machine with a WIN98 boot disk, but it won't read the CD ROM.
Any thoughts ?????

A:MotherBoards

If your motherboard is good, then your problem is most likely somewhere in the BIOS settings. Make sure that your hard drive is showing up correctly with the right size and is configured as Primary Master. Double check the cabling to the hard drive as well.

Also, make sure that the Hard Drive shows up as one of the devices to boot from in the BIOS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards.65713/
Relevancy 36.98%

Due to a recent disaster I am in the market for a new motherboard. I'm waiting for the tech guy's diagnosis on whether the the MB or the CPU are dead or both. Had a major power supply problem. I expect it to be at least the motherboard.
If CPU survived it is a P3-700. The store guy said that decent P3 boards are getting hard to find. Majority of boards for socket-370 are micro-atx designed for Celerons with integrated audio/video. Would rather plug in existing sound and video cards.
Any recommends on available boards?
Also if both died and I am shopping for a MB/CPU combo, what's good? I am looking for stability over speed and don't want to have to play around with drivers (memories of a K6-2 system) any more than necessary. The pocketbook says that 800-1000 mhz would be fast enough.

Happy 2002 to all!!

I don't deal much with Pentium, but I have had good luck with ECS, IWILL, Epox, MSI, motherboards and I go to www.pricewatch.com to do all my shopping. They will have a listing of about every motherboard out there.
good luck and hope everything turns out ok

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards.63955/
Relevancy 36.98%

Which Motherboard should I buy because I am going to build an overclocking gaming Rig. I will have a budget of about 50, but less would be great thankyou for reading. Bye

There are many factors when deciding which motherboard to purchase. Are you going to keep the same chip, and if so, what chip is it?? What's the pin set up (754, 939, AM2)? Additionally, it may take different RAM. Some mobo upgrades can run into some money, so make sure all the above criteria are met before deciding on a new motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards.86414/
Relevancy 36.98%

I am wanting to build a PC for my younger sister but the manual I am reading is a bit complicated. What CPU, Motherboard and BIOS do I need to buy to build a decent PC? All she wants to do is play games and surf the ent on it so it doesn't have to be too flash. Anything above a 486 should be fine.

A:CPU's and Motherboards

Well I doubt you could find anything 486 or older... but if you could your sister would just be wiating on everything. Also, if you are looking to build it is going to be hard to find older parts, and you might be better off building a PIII or something similar. Do you have used computer stores in your area? You can also search through classifieds for parts, ect or a used system. About which bios, the motherboard will come with a bios... and about which cpu, motherboard to get... it depends on what you can still find. How much is your sister willing to spend? You can buy really decent used systems for anywhere between free and a few hundred dollars... you just have to look or get lucky... but I really don't know what prices are like in England or what you might find.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpus-and-motherboards.59285/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have 2 Dell motherboards 440bx, they both quit turning on the power supply, can i bypass anything to make them work or should i trash them..thanks.

Relevancy 36.98%

I would like to build my own PC I have decided to go with an AMD XP CPU and I plan on using Motherboards mb of DDR Ram Where I am having trouble is in selecting a motherboard I would like a MB with a chipset that supports Dual Channel Memory Of course it must support FSB of at least MHz as that is the speed of the CPU I have selected I have also been looking for a MB that includes IDE AND SATA as well so as to Motherboards be able to support as many IDE devices as possible The other thing I have been kind of holding out Motherboards for is onboard Firewire My quot question quot is there are SO MANY different MBs out there that I don t know where to begin AND how important do you think onboard Firewire is and also onboard SATA RAID Can someone PLEASE point me in SOME direction Oh by the way I don t want to spend more than Thanks all Trumpetman nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi
Currently I own a PIII with an ancient motherboard, and I will be upgrading my system within 5 months max. So my question is should I get a USb PCI card(for 2.0 supp3ort), for my current system or do current mobos have built-in Usb 2.0 support?

A:USB 2.0 in motherboards

Current motherboards support USB 2.0. If USB 2.0 is the only thing you're missing from your current system, might as well get a PCI card which does USB 2.0.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-2-0-in-motherboards.45252/
Relevancy 36.98%

I know that I'll have to pick one that can handle the power supply and have PCIE x16 slots, but what else do I need to know about motherboards for building a computer?

A:What do I need to know about motherboards?

Socket. Determines which processors you can use.
Supported RAM types and speeds.
SLI or no.
Onboard video or no.
Amount of onboard IDE/SATA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-know-about-motherboards.86774/
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm not looking for the absolutely came out yesterday top of the line board, however, I am looking for a fairly decent one that I can insert components into later to upgrade, while keeping the same MOBO. The system will mostly be for gaming. I was thinking about this one: (ASUS M4A78T-E) http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4444096&sku=A455-2886 What say you?

Relevancy 36.98%

Hello all

I posted a thread before about help on buying a new PC. I got a lot of feedback that helped a lot, but i am still deciding on what motherboard to get. I know i want it to be the latest Intel 775 socket, but i am not sure about the actual board.

I have been looking at the Gigabyte GA-8AENXP-D and the Asus P5AD2-E Premium 925XE.

What do you think is better out of these two boards?

Is there another board better on the market around the price line of these two boards?

The computer is for software packages and games, so the functions that benefit my purpose i want on the board. I do not want a board that has a lot to it, but i am not going to use the features i am paying extra money for.

Also can some explain to me what Raid?

thanks a lot

Matt

The last question is meant to be,

can someone please explain to me what Raid is?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards.22250/
Relevancy 36.98%

might be a simple question but,

how do i check what kind of motherboard i have, and how much RAM the motherboard will allow it to hold?

thanks a lot!

- Cheerio

Relevancy 36.98%

the only thing i havent changed in my computer now is the motherboard and now i think its time. can anyone give any suggestions to what i should get?

the board needs to be:
Socket 478
Support the RAM i already have (PC2700 DDR 333MHz)
FSB 400
Support A VGA 8x Graphics Card.

i would also like:
As Many PCI Slots As Possible
More Than 2 IDE Sockets On The Board

if you need any more information please e-mail me at
[email protected]

A:Motherboards, can anyone help?

you cn find Intel's 875PBZ boards being discounted and they are great boards. they fit all your requirements except they dont have 4 IDE connectors they have two IDe and two SATA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards-can-anyone-help.24543/
Relevancy 36.98%

hi,just came on board,anyone know much about this motherboard Gigabyte LGA 1150 Z97 ATX DDR3 1600 Motherboard GA-Z97X-UD3H on the lines of wether it is a good gaming one?

The "U" series from gigabyte are the ultra durable boards; the higher the number, the better quality parts. As an example a ud5 board would have better pw regulation, better capacitors, etc than a ud3 board. The UD boards are a step up from the more basic gigabyte boards.

Gigabyte or asus are the boards we generally recommend however just like anything, you can buy cheap, low end boards or very expensive boards.

One thing I do when choosing a new mb, is to check the support page for that board. If you see a LOT of bios updates in a very short amount of time, it is an indication that there is a basic design problem that the mfg attempts to fix with bios updates. Seeing updates that support new cpus, is not a problem however if you see a lot of updates that address stability problems, compatibility problems, etc, that can be a red flag.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards.1126955/
Relevancy 36.98%

Just planning my new build and just noticed that none of the new motherboards have more then 5.1 output (except the deluxe and the rampage) why would this be? I don't want to have to buy a new sound card just to play 7.1

A:X99 motherboards no 7.1?

A quick check at Newegg turned up a few with 7.1 sound: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007627 600374607 600528600&IsNodeId=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/x99-motherboards-no-7-1.204965/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello, I was just inquiring about the importance of motherboards and how they affect a gaming pc. I've been attempting to build a gaming pc but sadly I have no experience with parts or anything regarding the topic, so lately ive been using a build which has been pre built for me.

So far the build I have is the following below:
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 Windforce 4GB
CPU: i5 4670K
HSF: TPC 812
Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming (Was also wondering if I chose to purchase a MSI Z87 MPOWER, instead would it work? and whats the difference between the two?)
RAM: G.Skill Ares F3-1866C10D-16GAB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3
Power: SeaSonic M12II SS-650AM 650W

(Any comments on the build so far would be appreciated)

Thanks ! Sorry about so many questions x]

A:Motherboards?

They don't affect much unless you're doing more than the standard CPU and single graphics card. Pretty much all mobos have 2x RAM slots, SATA3, and PCIe 2.0 x16 at minimum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboards.203729/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello,

I was wondering if the Asus A7S333 was a decent mobo or not, I couldn't find reviews of it anywhere.

Thanks

Relevancy 36.98%

Does anybody know which mobo would be a better board the SY-P4X400 DRAGON Ultra Platinum Edition located at http://www.soyogroup.com/products/proddesc.php?id=159
Or a dell deminsion 4550 located at
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim4550/
Thanks for any input.

Crylynx

Relevancy 36.98%

hello,

my computer is hooked up to acp power supply, but i find my motherboard keeps going bad pretty often. Could somebody tell me whats the problem.

Welcome to the forums. We need more information about your system. What are your computer specs i.e. mobo, cpu, hdd, ram, gpu? PSU size such as 250 watt?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboards.1041316/