Windows Support Forum

Strange Color Scheme for Power Connectors on Power Supply of...

Q: Strange Color Scheme for Power Connectors on Power Supply of...

Hello guys. Can anyone help me understand the power supply on the HP Envy Phoenix 860-019? The PCIE connector 6 pin connected to the GTX 960 has black and white wires. Shouldn't there be yellow and black wires? Yellow is usually 12 volt and black wires ground. Is the 6 pin connected to my GTX 960 supplying a standard 75 watts of power or something else? I want to install a GTX 1070 but the 6 pin wire colors are not the industry standard color scheme. Also there is a 2 pin power connector with a white and black wire. Usually a 6 pin and a 2 pin can be used together to connect into a 8 pin socket on a GTX 1070. Will my connectors supply the needed power and connect properly because the color scheme on the wires make no sense. Thank you
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Strange Color Scheme for Power Connectors on Power Supply of...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.17%

I have a Dell power supply here that I am reasonably sure is standard ATX except for one wire that is missing on the Dell. My standard ATX supply has all twenty pin slots occupied by a wire. The Dell has one wire missing, white.

I have learned that in Japanese wiring, their system seems to be that black, white and all shades of grey in between tend to be either negative or ground in a DC system.

What's the significance of the missing white wire on the Dell power supply?

A:Dell power supply, pin and wire color arrangement

This link shows the pinout for both standard ATX power supplies and the pinout for DELL's proprietary power supply.
Relevancy 91.59%

Built a PC using a MB MACHSPE MATRIX-P4M800 P4M800 478 motherboard. Worked fine for several weeks and then would not turn on. Replaced 475W power supply and it came on for about 5 minutes and then turned off. Tried another 475W power supply and it comes on for about 3 seconds and turns off. Finally used a very heavy duty 550W power supply and it stays on but seems to slow down occasionally. Ampmeter shows about 1 amp input current with occasional surges to 2 amps. It looks like something is breaking down on the motherboard. Tried disconnecting everything but memory with no change. Any thoughts on further troubleshooting?

A:Strange MB/Power supply Problem

Machspeed is at the very bottom of mb mfg; down with pcchips, ecs, etc. If you have tried a known good ps and it still will not work, rma the board and go with a quality mfg.
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi there,

I have a problem with my laptop, when I plug the audio output into speakers I get a very loud buzzing sound with large amounts of white noise added. The strange thing is that the buzzing only happens when the laptop is running on mains power, on battery it is fine. It's also fine on headphones as well!

I have tried using different speakers, different power sockets in my house and other peoples, different connecting cables all with no change to the noise. The only thing that seems to affect it is when I use different power settings on the laptop the battery saving power mode is a lot less noisy!

I'm quite into my audio stuff but have never had a problem like this before! Can anybody help me?

The laptop is an HP Pavilion DV6000 which I have owned for around 5 months.

Many Thanks

A:Strange audio buzz when power supply is used

I can't help you other than report that I have the same problem with my HP Pavilion 9540 and that when I talked to the rather incompetent support they said that the problem had been fixed for an other HP laptop by a BIOS update but that there were none available for mine.

Strangely enough the problem comes and goes and I had close to no problems at all in France but the problem has returned now that I'm back in sweden. The problem always goes away if I remove the power cord but isn't always there when the power is plugged in.

I have all the newest updates including Vista SP1 RC1.
Relevancy 90.73%

I am having a very strange problem with my Toshiba laptop right now When the laptop is turned off and the power supply plugged in the battery receives a charge and will charge up to full When i turn strange problem with power supply win xp possibly my laptop on for the first - minutes it will run on strange power supply problem with win xp possibly AC power then just automatically switch to batteries and ignore that the laptop is still plugged in The adapter works just fine with my other laptop so I cannot strange power supply problem with win xp possibly figure out what is causing this and hoping there is some incorrect setting somewhere that is telling the laptop to switch to batteries after a few minutes or something If i take the battery right out of the laptop the front plug led green light comes strange power supply problem with win xp possibly on when plugged in and will power on and boot into the BIOS with no problems The laptop will stay on for as long as I let it sit at the BIOS without shutting off After I exit the BIOS to resume booting into windows the laptop will shutoff just after it begins to iniate loading windows So if i put the battery back in it will boot up normally into windows then run at full power on AC for only a couple minutes then just switch back to batteries even though the plug led is still lit up indicating that the laptop itself is plugged in The laptop I am experiencing the problem with is a Toshiba A Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:strange power supply problem with win xp possibly

Which A70 is it? There should be a model number on the bottom.

While you look for that you can check out the Toshiba website and check out the FAQ's, and downloads they offer. It might be a common problem.
Relevancy 89.87%

Quick question for ya, what or how is this possible? or is it "Normal" Never have seen this before, no problems with system, new antec case, new 945G-M3 mobo with pressler 930 cpu, new antec power supply 500watt.. System performs excellent, no crashes, nothing. The 12 volt bothers me. Have not been able to check another system with this program. Thanks for any help or comments. Pic:

Relevancy 85.14%

Toshiba Satellite L305-5955, Ive taken apart and replaced power jack. Not directly soldered to motherboard. While still apart, and battery out/in, connected power supply and still absolutely no response. Power supply is NOT original, and slightly different specs, i.e original 19v..6.3A

current 19v..3.1A

A:Toshiba Satellite L305-5955 does not respond to power supply, new power jack

Almost certainly the problem is that the current rating is wrong, if the laptop needs
6.3 A of current, it won't function on less (just as you can't use a 3A fuse for a kettle!)
Unfortunately it must be the right current rating, I know, I've been caught that way too!
Maybe you can exchange it?
Relevancy 85.14%

I picked up this Alienware 5700 off ebay to hopefully refurbish for my son but I'm new at this and still learning and so this thing has me baffled. The laptop is in pristine condition but shows no signs of life. When I plug in the power supply the green light on the power supply goes from solid green to blinking rapidly to the point you can barely see it. To me that would mean a short somewhere right ? If so where ? Has anyone else ever had experience with something like this ? I just don't want to go buying a new battery for a laptop that maybe fried already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:No power, no lights but green light on power supply blinks rapidly

Remove the laptops battery and try the AC power only. If the green light does the same, it still could only be a bad AC adapter, or at worst, a shorted laptop motherboard
Relevancy 85.14%

Ever since i got this new motherboard and CPU ive been having a bit of a nightmare Wont Gigabyte Power up ga-ma790fx - Phenom AMD 9850 Supply & Power with it Gigabyte ga-ma fx-ds -Latest Bios AMD Phenom Black Edition gigs PC ram Corsair XMS CM X - ATI Radeon The problem is that the motherboard will NOT power up at all with the of the latest power supplies watt i have It wont work at all with Nothing happens its just dead Arctic watt Jeantech PSU brand new and working Corsair watt HX PSU working It only seems to work with my Jeantech Watt PSU and i cant for the life of me figure out why Ive tried everything to get the board to work with the new PSU s I had thought that the PSUs i got were dodgy but after testing out one in an older PC it worked fine Ive removed all parts and tried powering up and i cant get it to boot up But the PC seems to work fine with the oldish watt PSU which i find just unbelievable Can anyone help with this nightmare Now on the Gigabyte site the CPU i have isnt listed as supported by this motherboard which is kinda worrying could this be the reason If so how the old Power Supply Wont Power up - Gigabyte ga-ma790fx & AMD Phenom 9850 PSU boots up I just want to have the fracking thing working with the right PSU nbsp

A:Power Supply Wont Power up - Gigabyte ga-ma790fx & AMD Phenom 9850

if I read the specifications right on your mobo... it implies that it has the 4 pin PCI-e input(power) but it also has the 8pin ATX power conector. (it may be simply removing a cap that is actually right next to the 4 pin connector, thus making it an 8 pin connector (thats how it was on my mobo)

Try using the 8pin power with your new PSU, see if that works.
Relevancy 85.14%

Yesterday in my house,electric fuse was switched to turn on cooker in my kitchen. During this power delivery was stopped for 4-5 second only.
When power back on then pc automatically turns on and just before bios show me :"?Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit.
Press F1 to continue.? And then pc booted fine to Windows.

Is this normal ? Did it damage something? Why i get that message is this normal?

6700K stock
Asus Z170-P
Corsair 750 RM
Gtx 1080
SSD 1x
Relevancy 85.14%

I m interested in the Toshiba G laptop but have heard that you can t use it on airplane seat power It comes with a W AC power supply Vx A but I ve been told that most airlines limit seat power to - W max Lind sells a V car adaptor for the G but specifically won t include an airline plug for this reason which I can get independently of course I ve read some interesting electrical discussions on this board Can ya ll comment on the following or provide any general advice about power consumption Given that the voltage of the laptop and airline seat power pretty much match up - V if the amp draw on the laptop exceeds what the airline power supply can deliver what will happen Will it damage the laptop to feed it insufficient current Will it shut down Supply, Power Airline 120W limitations Toshiba Power G25-AV513, the laptop altogether Merely dim the screen If I remove the laptop battery which requires power to charge it how much will that reduce the power Toshiba G25-AV513, 120W Power Supply, Airline Power limitations need of the laptop I m not sure how to work the Toshiba G25-AV513, 120W Power Supply, Airline Power limitations math but the spec sheet states the battery supplies mAh at A output Does it require the same to charge it Most importantly on my hour transpacific flights will the DVD player work with that ultrabrite screen at the low airline power supply A nice feature of the laptop is that you can watch DVDs without powering up the Windows operating system it has a small linux OS for the DVD player Granted the DVD drive and screen are probably of the most power hungry devices Has anyone used a G or a similar W laptop on a plane The ToshibaDirect support staff were mum on the issue probably for legal reasons Thanks nbsp
Relevancy 85.14%

I have a Dell 8600 about two years old. When I plug in the AC adapter, it intermittently fades to the battery as though the plug was pulled out (its not) and of course the screen fades in an out when every time it swithces--it does it every 30 to 60 seconds or so. I switched to a different AC adapter (I have a Dell 600M with the same AC adapter)-same thing so I know it is something internally. Any ideas?

A:Dell Laptop Power Supply Fading In and Out--power jack is bad or loose?
Relevancy 84.71%

It's been a while since I built a system from scratch and have a... errr... simple question

gfx: Sapphire HD3850 512MB Ultimate (passive)

MB: MSI P35 Neo2 FIR

PSU: Seasonic M12II 500W

The motherboard has a power connector for the graphic card next to the slot.

Is there any reason I should connect the power for the card to the power connector on the board instead of directly to the power supply?

A:Graphic card power to power supply or connector on motherboard?

First time I have ever seen that feature. I like it. I'm thinking that is a neat/easy way to partially eliminate cable clutter from the PSU. Give it a shot, you can always revert to PSU cable if you wish.
Relevancy 84.71%

Sorry I don't know the proper terms, but basically the pin inside the jack where the power cord gets plugged into on my laptop was bent so that it's really hard for me to plug in my power cord and have it stay in place. My warranty with best buy has expired, so I need to figure out how to solve this problem on my own. I can't just leave it like this because the cord comes out really easily and I can't continue to work with such a tenuous setup. Anyway, is this just a matter of replacing the entire unit inside my laptop? I know you probably need more information, but I'm not sure what to provide, so please ask any questions. The laptop is a Toshia M-45, about 3-4 years old. Thanks in advance

A:Bent power supply pin - Hard to plug in power cord

umm.. bend it back so it's closer to normal? That's all I can say about it. usually works for me.
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a Sony VGC-RB42G computer. I recently moved my computer, cleaned off all the dust, and when I plugged everything back in, it won't power up. The light on the power supply blinks green, inside the motherboard also has a green light that blinks as well. It has a ticking sound too, but I am not sure if it is coming from the power supply or the motherboard. Any idea what could be wrong.

FYI, I have already unplugged everything from the power supply, pulled out the ram, checked the battery, and put everything back together and still no change. One thing I thought was strange was after I unplugged everything, I pulled the power into the power supply again and this time the green light came on but did not blink. It stayed solid.

A:No Power, Blinking green light on power supply and motherboard

Sounds like a Power Supply problem.
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, I just bought an HP pavilion e9300 a few week ago. And I am going to upgrade the power supply so that I can get a new graphic card--ATI 4870 which requires at least 500 watt power supply. My current computer is shipped with a 350 watt power supply. I will probably get a 650 watt considering the 70% effeciency of power supply.
However, when I talked to an HP technician, he insisted that I could go for a power supply with no more 450 watt. Because the system I just got has a motherboard which has a max power limit 450 watt. He said if I go beyond that, the motherboard will burn out.
So what shall I do? I really want to get ATI 4870 work well on my computer.
Thx very much.

A:Does power supply with higher power rating really burn motherboard?

The long answer is "No".
Just be sure of the dimensions of the power supply before you order a replacement, as HP uses some pretty strange sizes sometimes, and you want the new one to fit with room to spare.
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi forum and pc gurus My problem is specified down to my PSU at least I think so W Logisys PSU - maybe the quality has something to do with it I paid for it from NEW EGG I have A Gigabyte GA- P-DS Motherboard a Intel Core DUO Conroe GHz processor with heatsink and get I HELL! POWER FROM PC built HELP! custom power to on! cannot SUPPLY my Fan Sapphire ATI X Pro GIGS of WINTEC DDR PC RAM SATA Maxtor GIG HD inch SATA Gig HD and two DVD Burner Optical Drives both IDE I have it hooked up like this two Optical Drives connected to IDE connector cable which POWER SUPPLY FROM HELL! I cannot get my custom built PC to power on! HELP! is hooked into the IDE input on the motherboard both are set to slave Two CD outs connected one to each Optical Drives to one CD input on the motherboard Both HD s are connected to SATA inputs on the motherboard one is set for master one is set for slave I heard that it did not matter but wanted to state that anyway then my ATI RADEON X is hooked directly into my only PCI Xpress slot The power connectors are then all hooked into their respective inputs on the drives and Video Card ANd last but not least all the Power button and LED connectors are hooked into their input on the motherboard wich I set up exactly as the motherboard diagrams and directions directed I turned the switch on the PSU to on and I only got a faint mouse like squeek then nothing not even the fan So I figured it was DOA so I had newegg send me another I got it today installed it hooked all the power connectors to the hardware then popped the switch to on nothing again and the same little squeeky mouse like noise I have no idea what went wrong and this is my first custom built computer for me so any help would be great In relation I did not wear a ESD protective wristband but I did constantly touch metal to keep myself grounded but I couldnt rule out ESD to the motherboard I hope not but it is a possibility AND what is the possibility that both PSUs were DOA and what is the possibility that W is not enough to power my entire system THANKS GUYS FOR ANY HELP IN ADVANCE Oh and yeah I have it set to V nbsp

A:POWER SUPPLY FROM HELL! I cannot get my custom built PC to power on! HELP!
Relevancy 84.28% we finally got my girlfriends new PC up and running. The problem im having...or more of a concern really. Is when you flip off the power supply, and then flip it back on, the PC gets a short burst of power. IE the lights and fans all come on for a second or two. Then you can press the power button and turn it back on.

Any ideas guys?

Relevancy 84.28%

Working on a dell dimension 2400,think may have bad power supply.Anybody know if that model uses a proprietary PSU? or will a regular industry standard one work?

A:Dell Power Dimension 2400 power supply

Should be a standard ATX PS.
Relevancy 84.28%

I shut down my Pavilion Elite for 1 week while away and now it will not turn on. The power supply light is on, I replaced the CMOS battery and the power switch is ok.

A:Pavilion elite power supply light on, won't power up

As you did not mention any message or display on the screen, I would use this tutorial for a step by step diagnostic.  It also helps to remove the side panel, and visually watch the CPU and rear case fan movement(s).  As you press the power button, pay attention to the fans. Also does the Power Supply LED stay ON? Or did it go OUT when you pressed the power button?
Relevancy 84.28%

Ok so it's time again for me to pick a new power supply however I'm in need of some help determining the appropriate wattage for my hardware setup AMD Phenom II X nm AM GSkill Ripjaw X GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - new a Consumption-Picking Supply Hardware Power Power Corsair TX w I dont think its the V ASUS M A AM r here are the voltages listed on speccy if they are of any use V V V V CPU CORE V VIN V VIN V V V VIN Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply V VIN V VIN V ASUS ATI Radeon HD x in Crossfire w ea GB Patriot Pyro SE SSD GB OCZ OCZ-ONYX SSD LG HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS ATA I have terrible luck with random bsod's and power supplies pooping on me I want to pick one this time that will last me Also I have my power running through a Monster Power HT I live in a new apartment so the wiring should be ok I've dusted out all Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply of the components inside the case double checked my connections all that jazz I've got a cooler over my memory I am still using my stock cpu cooler but thats changing soon I get crashes idle too Any help I could recieve I would appreciate thanks Andrew

A:Hardware Power Consumption-Picking a new Power Supply

You have pretty much the same problem as me (getting BSOD's randomly). For me it's bulging capacitors on motherboard. You should take a closer look for capacitors on your motherboard. Dead capacitors look something like that:
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a generic MB (P-120 CPU ) which I just switched to a different case and power supply. It has an extra "six pin power type connection" in the middle of the board. Only one supply that I have matchs this and the wires are three green and three black. What is the funtion of this connector, it looks from the wire colors to be some form of switch.

Its a case of not wanting to swap out the power suppy from my other unit unless necessary. I have 4 other supplies and none have the extra wire, which is listed as P10.

Many thanks in advance.

A:extra power leads on power supply?

Sounds like typical extra +5V lead and can be used for any number of things...(riser cards,backplanes,to drive extra slots, etc.)
Without knowing the specs. on your motherboard this question is impossible to answer...Post Mobo identification (make/model) or obtain FCC ID and post that. Perhaps we can find a more definitive answer for you...BOL
Relevancy 82.56%

My power supply died a few days ago and I have replaced it. My PC will now boot but will not send a signal (turn on) the monitor. Everything on the PC seems to work but it just will not turn on signal to the monitor. I have tried two different monitors with the same result.

Relevancy 82.56%

Ok so lately I have been getting a BSOD at very random times and it looks like a Diver Power State failure. SO all of my friends and every website I go to makes it seem like I need to get a PSU. Right now I have a Quad Core and a 8800GT and 375W PSU. So my friend told me to get a new 700W PSU.

So, if the only fix is to get a new PSU? I tried to rollback my GPU driver but it didn't help.

So any ideas?

A:Driver Power Failure = New Power Supply?

You're greatly risking the health of your whole computer while running with such underpowered power supply. Do yourself a favour and get a quality PSU. That's the cheapest one that is enough and of good quality that I could find with a quickish search.
Relevancy 82.56%

My first post I received my new DVD DL -RW drive today and eagerly installed it I of course unplugged my computer s power supply while doing it After plugging the power back in the green up power disconnecting after power supply Computer won't LED on the back of the CPU started blinking never noticed this before and when I hit the power button NOTHING happen No fan Computer won't power up after disconnecting power supply turns no lights nothing When I unplug the power supply the green LED blinking gets slower and slower and after about minutes it totally stops I plug the power suppply back in and it starts blinking all over again and still the power won t turn on All I did was replace a CD-ROM drive with a DVD Multi drive I didn t mess with anything else so there should be no power supply shortage or problem Any thoughts as to what could Computer won't power up after disconnecting power supply be happening By the way I have a year old Compaq computer with ghz Athlon gig RAM no problems thus far nbsp

A:Computer won't power up after disconnecting power supply

While installing the new optical drive, you might have inadvertently loosened one or more connectors. Recheck all data and power cables to make sure they are tight, including all those to the motherboard.
Relevancy 82.56%

Finally broke down and started building a new system - I m too old to game this all started out as a home video project Anyway - gathered all my components now I m working to assemble them The case power plug. fan power New for supply, no schematic, looking came with New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug. an Okia Model -ATX power supply But no wiring schematic I m trying to identify the power supply fan plug - what New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug. seems to be it doesn t at all match the connector on the board And I ve got that positively identified by the board manual The board has a small male pin connection The only thing I can find that might be the fan connector coming from the supply is a small pin plug at the end of of the New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug. strings of drive power harnesses Nothing tucked up behind the supply case or anything Is that likely to be it Or would that be for a floppy or something I tried to Google for a wiring schematic but could find nothing In fact nothing much at all on this brand of supply - just a couple places that sell them Please don t tell me I got an el cheapo that isn t worth having At the risk of getting ahead of myself in case I need to adapt something like that to the different style male connector on the board in this case or something else I may find as i progress is there some type of source for adapters or what would I do Bear with me this probly won t be the last question I ll dream up - just getting started While I m at it - the board manual talks about a connector for a power supply that senses board temps - that s another reason I d like to find a schematic or some sort of instructions for the power supply OH The connectors for the fans in the case don t match the connector on the board either The board has another small male pin connector for the case fan s but these have a larger bigger pin pin connector Again - I suppose it s adapter time Guess I ll need that source Thanks for helping an quot old quot computer student still and probly always in a definite learning curve nbsp

A:New power supply, no schematic, looking for power fan plug.

There are basically two voltages available to you: 5V and 12V. Doesn't really matter where you get it from - some pin on the mobo or some wire from the PSU.

From the PSU the yellow wires are 12V and red ones 5V, black is ground. The fan voltages should be written on the fan itself, the black fan wire is ground, red may be 12V or 5V depending on the fan voltage.

Fan headers on the motherboard should be labelled so, check with a voltmeter what pin gives out what.
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello everyone - I have just assembled a new build It will not power up I need a suggestion to figure out if the problem is the case or the motherboard This is a mini-itx build power-up: power New or Build MB? no supply case's The case is New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? Linkworld LC - B This case comes with a volt watt external laptop-style power supply that plugs into the rear of the case just like New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? a laptop power supply plugs into a laptop - a barrel connector Inside this power connection connects to a power supply component that is not like a regular ATX power supply but is on a printed-circuit board New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB? mounted on the case This has several capacitors and other stuff From that comes the -pin and -pin power supply lines for the motherboard I assume the -volt power supply for this external power supply unit is right since it came with the case It was watt The processor is an IBM t with TDP of watts Lower-powered CPUs can be put in a small so I assumed the power supply might be under-powered I ordered a -watt volt power supply with the right size barrel - and same polarity pos inside The MB is an ASRock H MV-ITX It is mini-itx form factor Still same problem Everything is connected correctly When I press the power-on button an external CD drive I have plugged-in spins up for a while But no power light comes on in the front of the case there are no POST beeps the fan for the CPU does not spin up No other signs of life So power is getting into the MB - the external CD drive is plugged into a USB socket in the rear panel of the MB After trying a watt and watt power supply I believe the problem cannot be the power supply cord Can it be that I have too little load I don t think so I plugged in another mm fan and an ol-fashion floppy drive just the power connection to add more load - same thing no power-up no POST nothing but the CD drive will spin up when I open-then-close it yet again So here is the help I need what else can I try -assuming the MB and case are fine is it more likely the case power supply is bad or the MB --Thanks nbsp

A:New Build no power-up: case's power supply or MB?

Well, I figured out the problem.
I am planning to re-do the older mini-itx system I have; it has gotten riddled with Trojan software for kids downloading games; it basically has been de-commissioned already.

So, I took the pico-psu power supply from that older computer, and hooked it up to the one I am making. Everything went perfectly.

So, I un-did that, removed the MB from case, disconnected the barrel-power connection from the case, unscrewed and removed the power supply that had been mounted in the case, put the pico-psu power supply back in place (I had to drill the hole for the barrel-connection out to be a little bigger since the pico-psu internal/external connection is threaded and held in place by nut with lock washer), and routed wires to be clear of cpu fan, screwed MB to stand-offs, and closed it all up.

now, everything is great. I like this linkworld case, but the power supply is worthless. I may try to get a few dollars back from the ebay vendor, to make me happy with a case that is less than what I should have gotten, but is working for me; I don't want to wait on returns, etc.
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I m currently a computing student so I rely won't up power (poss. Computer supply) power on my computer a lot for my studies and was hoping I could get some quick advice troubleshooting on here So here goes I ve had a problem with my computer recently it s been working fine Computer won't power up (poss. power supply) for a year or so with no problems and then one day i tried switching it on and nothing happened I tried once more and then the power short circuited I then had to turn the power back on from the mains switch The strange thing is my housemate had exactly the same problem and after searching for the answer he was told it was due to a static buildup and the solution was to take out components graphics card RAM e t c and put them back in I tried this and no luck I was thinking due to the short circuit there may be a problem with a fuse in the power supply other then that I m completely stumped and would appreciate any help given Many Thanks for all help received nbsp

A:Computer won't power up (poss. power supply)

Does it happen with any other appliances? as in does using the toaster while using the kettle While your mate is in the Electric shower, telly on, or ironing?

Possibly a static build up, it is possible, Wher are you situated??
What voltage are you on?

What is the make and model of your comp? is it the same as your friends?

is your machine custom built or is it a brand?
Answer a few of them and we will try to narrow it down 4 you..

Mean while if you could get your hands on a spare PSU that would be handy. And remember when dealing with PSU's alway leave them to sischarge for at least 24hrs,
the 3 D'S, Disconect, discharge, dismantle.
Relevancy 82.56%

I have a server that I would like HD Power Supply Question Power Consumption & to upgrade to TB Hitachi HD s They claim max startup current of A and idling down in the A range The platform will be a -series X with a Core Duo Graphics card is small does not even require aux power connector Not needed to just supply the KVM with x No other signficiant sources of V drain exist other than the MB CPU a slim CD-Drive for installs a slim floppy and one additional GB Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption SSD startup drive W when active I am looking at an W Corsair I ve heard these are quality supplies and I don t want Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption multiple rails since no one really knows what sort of Voodoo goes on as to how they divide multiple rails up And I don t want to get into that I will be using a single-rail V PS I can add a second if I need to but I d rather not Do you think this will be sufficient for handling Hitachi hard drives quot Green quot drives are a non-starter since they will drive my Raid controller and then me off the deep end with TLER issues I do have staggered spin-up control of the drives with the controller Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption

Power Supply Question & HD Power Consumption, Pt. 2 - Laptop vs. 3.5"

My second question is this - I have a BTV server that needs to be on at all times during the season to record shows during day and evening.

Suffice it to say that you CANNOT reliably put one of the critters into sleep/hibernate mode and expect it to wake up and reliably record a show. It just won't happen.

Now, this is one case where I can use "Green" 3.5" drives, but I am also considering banking 500GB 7200RPM or even 5400RPM laptop drives. These will all be on a raid controller, but since they will be in pass-thru mode or RAID 0 mode the controller won't freak over TLER like it would with RAID 5/6 and mark the drives bad. The controller also has more than adequate cache to handle a 5400RPM spindle as OTA HDTV generates little more than 2.5MB per second per channel. Even 4 channels at once is 10MB/s and that should not tap the ability of a 3Ware controller with cache on 5400 RPM RAID 0 or even pass-thru drives.

My question is this - 2 500GB laptop drives burn much less startup and idle current than a single 1TB 3.5" drive. Has anyone tried running multiple laptop drives on a RAID controller, and what sort of luck have you had? What sort of sustained throuput can you obtain?

Electricity is a huge factor here, at 12 cents per KWh. I can recover the marginal cost of 2 500GB laptop drives vs. 1 1TB 3.5 drive.

Case construction and drive cages are not the issue here.
Relevancy 82.56%

was watching dvd and pc cut out completely... high pitch beeping comming from my power supply on hp 110 desktop... when i unplug from tower beeping stops .. plug it back in and it resumes.  No power, no flashing leds ... just constant beeping... no pattern ... just beeps continuously.

A:constant beep from power supply... no power to pc at all.

let me be clear.... beeping not coming from tower.... it comes from the plug in power supply... the square box part of it.
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi All Happy New Year to all members and technical assistants I have a little issue in which I require some help and guidance I have a PIII MHZ replaced power Pc supply after wont power on MB Pc wont power on after power supply replaced memory with a ASUS MB- Recently it died on me and assumed that the reason Pc wont power on after power supply replaced I could not get to power it up is due to my power supply I went out and spent the money and bought a brand new power supply from a computer retailor I saw him remove it from a brand new case I Pc wont power on after power supply replaced installed the power supply trying to power it up I can see the fan rotate a little bit but not enough to power on Changed socket and it power on It booted up but after sec it shut itself off and now I cannot power it back on until min later when I went and change power socket once more This time the power did not stay up very long As soon it powered up no more than min later while it was loading windows Xp it shut itself off nad now again can t power it back on I have a power extention and power bar in which I used and both shuts the computer off Anything else plugged to it doesn t seem to do any affect This is the second new power supply I m trying What else can it be I have not tried to place the computer in a different room on a different plug yet I will try that tonight but in the meantime what else can I try Thanks for your help and listening Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

Hi everybody I tried to search on google about this but it s not really help and it never happen to me before so I post here My PC was running normally for a long time just couple weeks ago I sent supply or button problem? power Power my faulty video card xfx nvidia ultra to get warranty service and they sent me back another The new one works fine but Power supply or power button problem? a week later I tried to turn on my computer and there s no power at all No lights on Power supply or power button problem? no fan running just no sign of power So I check inside if there s any wire from the PSU is unplugged but everything looks good nothing seems wrong I m sure the power from the wall is good and the power switch on the back is on So I tried to check the wired again push the power cable to the mother harder and press the button it worked But that doesnt solve the problem if I put something heavy near the PC or the desk is vibrating a little bit the power turns off I press the power button again it would not turn on until I open the case and press the power cable to the motherboard harder it s on I then close the side panel it s off no power This is really annoyed me I dont know what else to do What caused this problem The power supply or the power button Can somebody help me My system specs ECS G T-M mobo Intel E Duo x GB RAM x SATA HD nVidia ultra video card ULTRA s watt PSU nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

So I hooked my pc up after I took it w/ me to work becuase I though I was going to a lan tonight. But when I came home and plugged it back. I noticed the power supply box light was blinking. And it wont turn on. No power or what so ever. I need help BADLY

A:Power Supply Light Blinking. No Power :(!

Have you opened case to make sure all connections are secure? Something may have come loose while you were transporting it. Give us more info about your computer (e.g. make and model, cpu, ram, name of psu, etc.)
Relevancy 82.56%

Hey, got quite a problem with my laptop.. It's a Medion Erazer X7813, worked well for ~2 years.
I was doing a graphics card benchmark yesterday and it stopped in the middle of it(monitored temperature, it was at ~80 degrees Celsius when it turned off). No bluescreen or anything just off and I couldnt restart after that(no fans nothing). I thought it might be the power supply, so I tested it, but it was doing 19v when not plugged in, but when I plugged it in and unplugged it again it was at 1v. When testing I unintentionally shorted the power supply and it showed 1v after that just as it did after plugging it in, is it shorting inside the laptop? Could it be the battery or something more serious like the MB? Any ideas are welcome!

A:Laptop gets no power, power supply seems to be working

The charging circuits on the laptop motherboard may be shorted...
Relevancy 81.27%

putting together my new PC im connecting the power connectors to the different components atm im not sure what to do with the following situation Power supply has an ATX power connector that has pins BUT the last pins disconnect to become that -pin v connector the motherboard ATX power connector accepts Power connectors a pin PLUS it also has that pin v connector next to the CPU socket the motherboard manual says that the Power connectors pin v connector must be plugged in in order to run the system but it does not say whether or not it would be ok to run it with pins going into the ATX connector as opposed to pins My question is if there are only pins connected into the ATX power connector is that ok or do i have to have pins PLUS the pin v connector plugged in at the same time my motherboard is an ASUS A N SLI Premium and the power supply is an Antec TRUEPOWER W power supply thanks nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

I am trying to replace my PSU in my Dell 490 Precision workstation.

It currently has two power connectors running to the mobo (motherboard). One is a 24 pin and one is a 20 pin. I have a billion other connectors comming out of the new PSU that I purchased. They are bother 750w.

Is there any connector that is maybe like 2 molex to a 20 pin or 2 8 pin PCI power connectors to 20 pin or something does anything exist where I can get two power connections?

Thanks in advance all!

Relevancy 81.27%

I got kind of sick of all those ugly power cables inside my case so I'm wrapping them all up in electrical tape for that super-fly ghetto-but-clean look. It's also cheap. But I don't want to have extra cables, and I'm never going to use those AT power connectors, so is it safe for me to just snip them off?

A:AT power connectors

If you are referring to the AT style of power supply, you must have the AT connectors for the mb. They go black leads to black leads when connecting them.

If you are referring to extra molex connectors on a standard ATX type ps, then you could cut them and put on something like a but splice on the exposed wires. What I would do would be to just tie them up and put the loom in an extra bay or something like that. I would not just cut them off because you might need those connectors in the future.
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi to all! I created a limited account (XP) for my kids and I'm wondering how to change the power scheme. I want the monitor not to turn off (default setting is it turns off the monitor after 20 mins) cos my kids might reset the PC thinking that it crashed or froze. Everytime I tried to change that setting it says "Access Denied" because of that "limited account". Is there a way to change the monitor setting? Thanks!
Relevancy 80.84%

I have a windows 7 home premium laptop and I would like to ask one question. How do you create your own power plan? This is what I have in mind:

1.Everyime when I plug in my laptop charger, I want it switch to High Performance with the highest brightness setting on

2. When I unplug the laptop charger, I want it to switch to power saver mode with the lowest brightness setting on.

Does anyone know I can configure this?

A:Need new Power Scheme

Quote: Originally Posted by javelin009

I have a windows 7 home premium laptop and I would like to ask one question. How do you create your own power plan? This is what I have in mind:

1.Everyime when I plug in my laptop charger, I want it switch to High Performance with the highest brightness setting on

2. When I unplug the laptop charger, I want it to switch to power saver mode with the lowest brightness setting on.

Does anyone know I can configure this?

in the power settings there are different options for plugged in and on battery just modify the one you use or create a new one or copy the one you use and change the on battery settings then name it differently and use that one

EDIT: btw i think you should have made a new thread for this question
Relevancy 80.41%

Trying to see if I can swap a Radeon 5830 for a 5850 but need to know if it uses 6pin connectors or 8pins because the 5850 used 8pins

A:What power connectors does a 5830 use?

Radeon 5830 needs two 6-pin connectors. That's the AMD reference card anways, what make/model are you looking at?

I think Asus uses a 6 pin AND an 8 pin, as an example, so you have to check the makers specs for the individual card.
Relevancy 80.41%

I'm using the ABit NF7-S Mobo...

On the board there are two power connectors to connect to an ATX12V power supply

These are the 20 pin ATXPWR1 and the 4 pin ATX12V1...

Am I to connect both input connectors up (it is possible), or am I simply meant to choose between one or the other...

A:ATX Power Input Connectors...

Connect both.
Relevancy 80.41%

Here is a senerio you have a pc that has been refurbished yes this is a follow on from two other posts - though this is a seperate issue this pc - a HP dc - has all the normal power connectors to new old power Solved: connectors for connecting sata devices especially for the cd Solved: new to old power connectors rom Now say you wanted to create the recovery disk s and the only way to do this was to attach a CD DVD RWriter from another pc without having to go through the expense of buying a new unit now the floppy drive which is not fitted has a IDE connector on the board so as far as data is concerned it can be gleened from this through a std IDE cable but the power leads in the pc have a spare sata type lead for another device and the power connector for the floppy unit which is a smaller plug is there a way of connecting an old CD DVD RW to this power lead ie has anyone seen a socket white nylon connector plug for inserting into the drive - female as the drive has the pins ie male with a female socket for the sata power leads - ie similar to the effect of wanting to extend the lead - this new lead would act like the sata drive and the power lead would plug INTO this female socket Sorry this may seem confusing - see the attached pic what I am after is the opposite versions of each plug and if it is at all worth doing The other option was to get some terminal block and cut off the floppy connector as it will never be used and cut the end off another cable i have with the correct female end and do it that way or would I be better using the floppy drive from the old pc Next if I am creating the recovery disk what size of file s is it going to be I have a single memorex MB CD-R is that going to be enough - I am not creating a iso image of win so this disk should be in theory just enough for the data to fit on the MB internal ram - like in the old xp days - or is not like that any more nbsp

Relevancy 80.41%

I need to replace the connectors that come standard on power supplies with the type that self-splice onto the cable I already have some that I got with some component that I bought long ago but when I tried to use them it is impossible to do so without stripping the wire first because the blades are too tight and dull to pierce the insulation I'm wondering if all of these types of connectors are like this or not I have seen pictures of others that look as though they had been able to use these without stripping first However I don't want to have to order and wait on something that's going to be no better than what I have My only other choice is to strip a length of the wires and then use SATA Power Connectors electrical tape after the connectors are in place which is not what I would like to do If anyone know of a source that I can find the quality of connectors that I want please let me know

A:SATA Power Connectors

Is this what you are looking for, if so try new egg.
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey, i'm building a computer but i haven't realized that the power supply i need is an atx 2.0. What power supply should i get??

I was orignally looking at the Ultra X-connect but it doesn't support atx 2.0 Damn.

Relevancy 79.98%

In power management I set monitor off to 5min; disks off 10min; standby 30min. This works for a while. Later (sometimes a couple of hours) monitor comes back on and system will not turn monitor off or put itself into standby. I have disabled the screen saver. I have tried various combinations of times. Always the same result. (I disabled virus automatic update). Any suggestions appreciated.

A:Power Scheme Problems

Check the BIOS for Event 47 triggering events. These have names like Wake on LAN, Wake on PCI card, Wake on USB .etc.

Turn them all off.
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi. I can't configure my laptop with XP professional to go into hibernation. I noticed that whenever the laptop starts up, it would have a different power scheme. I have saved a scheme under a different name. How do I "force" it to come up to a power scheme of my choice all the time? Thank you.
Relevancy 79.98%

system standby time settings activate on 1 to 45 minute settings but on 1 to 2 hour settings. how can this problem be cured and what causes it?

A:Power Scheme Settings

Have you check the Event Viewer for ACPI errors? If you have them it usually means you need to upgrade your BIOS, which may fix the problem you are having.

To open Event Viewer, click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer.
Relevancy 79.98%

Whenever I set my power scheme settings, they always revert back to the original settings...why? How can I change it so that it remains what I put it at?
BTW, this is an HP Compaq 6715b Laptop with a fresh XP Pro install. I had too many problems with Vista Business 64 and reformatted with XP.

A:Power Scheme Problem

hello mcmmotor,

after you down grade from vista , did you go to the hp site and get the xp drivers for your model laptop ? they will have them for all softwares , you will be looking for drivers & support /downloads

also there might be patches for software there that you need to get the desired effect

just asking be for we go into trouble shooting to which can be a lengthy process

Relevancy 79.98%

Power Policy Manager unable to set policy: Indicates two revision levels are incompatibleThe above message appears whenever I try to adjust the settings of the power scheme. I want to allow the disk to turn off every 10 minutes so as to save power, but because of the above error message I am unable to do so. Any ideas?

A:Power Scheme Settings

Hi Jak Spade,Take a look at this Microsoft Article and see if it helps.
Relevancy 79.98%

I have Symantec business edition loaded on my laptop. Since loading this program my power scheme options have not been working. Any ideas on how to correct this other than removing Symantec? I have searched the Microsoft and Symantec websites with no luck. Thanks.
Relevancy 79.55%

Came home walked in and noticed my PC was off monitor was on speakers on modem everything on as if the power had blinked out for a sec and my system had shutdown No Supply, lights no to Power power I pressed the power button on the front and got nothing i checked the power supply s own power on off switch on the back and got nothing no light that its on or anything thought maybe it was the cable so i plugged it into my other pc and the No power to Power Supply, no lights cable No power to Power Supply, no lights works so i m thinking maybe the psu went bad or took a hit Im guessing i just need to replace it How difficult is it to replace it by yourself i ve never done that before and do you think that its the psu at fault I m thinking that if there is not power on light then something is wrong big with it my heat temps stay down between C and C at the highest Also can i replace it with just any other w power supply or does it need to be a specific kind company i bought it from online listed it as dual core certified w psu no mention of v rail or anything else i guess i can get that from them if they have it on file nbsp

A:No power to Power Supply, no lights

Well sounds like your power supply took a power surge. Well to start with i would try a power supply. Now about replacing the power supply cheap is not the best way to go, learned from experience. Here is my recommendation:
And for replacing a PSU not hard. If you need help removing it Post back i will walk you through step by step if need be.
Relevancy 79.55%

Would a 500W power supply power this

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

Nvidia Geforce GTS450 1GB PNY

Gigabyte SKT-AM3 GA-880GM

DVD RW Drive

A:Would a 500W power supply power this

Hi QGamez,

I reckon a 500W wouldn't be enough but a 750W may be the right one. I had a look in a few forums and they had 650W & 750W etc but not 500W.

But wait for more input from the others and see what they have to say
Relevancy 79.55%

Somebody, please tell me what this is and what's it used for?

Relevancy 79.55%

Went to dinner left PC running Came back PC shut down Would not restart no power lights fans LEDs nada zip zilch We had a brown out a few days back I figured the power supply finally crapped out supply...still no power power!? new installed Tonight installed a new power supply Antec Smartpower w No installed new power supply...still no power!? change I push start button absolutely nothing I have checked a power at outlet OK b changed power cords original is installed new power supply...still no power!? cord OK but I notice when I insert the plug into the recepticle there is a spark Now I m not much of an electrician but I don t think there should be a spark for just plugging it in c I have plugged my backup PC this one into the same outlet on the surge protector and it s running fine soooo the problem is in the computer If I plug the power supply in shouldn t the PS fan run It doesn t Can there be something bad on the shudder mobo like maybe the start switch or something Also confusing me I have sata HD this new PS has power plugs for sata My old power supply only had the regular pin plug that I plugged into the sata HD yet it ran fine Do I need to use the sata plugs on the new PS Cripes I m so freakin computer impared Please need help this is my gamer PC and I m a BF junkie Thanks for viewing this thread AMD GA K NS ATI XT mb Turtle Beach Santa Cruz gig PC XP Home sp nbsp

A:installed new power supply...still no power!?

Is the LED lit on the MB? Try bypassing the front case switch by putting the blade of a small screwdriver across the pins on the MB that the switch connects to.
Relevancy 79.55%

hey I have an interesting problem supply jumper power and power When I plug the atx power supply into my motherboard as soon as it makes contact the psu fan spins about times then power supply and power jumper stops which i suspect means its testing to see if it works or something But i have a computer out of the case and i power supply and power jumper might have made the fatal mistake of useing a paper clip to quot jump start quot the motherboard by contacting the power jumpers now whenever and metal contact is made paper clip the actual start mechanism anything it won t cut on Well me thinking i must have messed up the jumpers cut the psu green and red cord i double checked to make sure they were the power on cords and twisted them togeather and put electrical tape around them I know its not the best job but i was just testing a theory When I plug in the psu and its plugged into the motherboard the psu fan becomes turned on because of the twisted on wires and spins But the cpu fan and motherboard remain powerless I am wondering if i ve done something wrong or have screwed something up any help would be appreciated ps before the problems begain i installed the motherboard into a case because it was just components and i founnd a cheap case When I installed the motherboard I screwed metal screws into the contace points where the motherboard is supposed to rest I heard somewhere metal is bad for the bottoms of motherboards so that could be it thanks nbsp

A:power supply and power jumper

Disconnect External Power To The Wall Socket Before Messing Around In The Box!!!!!!!!!!!
Relevancy 79.55%

HP Palvilion m c Motherboard IPIBL-LA Berkeley http h www hp com ewfrf wc lc en amp lang en amp lc en amp product amp task N Power Supply DPS- ab- a http www itwinkle com hp posu html Hello all this is my power Is NO motherboard? it or supply POWER, first post First let me thank all NO POWER, Is it power supply or motherboard? for being here and sharing your vast knowledge My PC and power supply is above web-links included for more accurate description Also I have scoured this forum internet attempting to resolved and yes there is a ton of info The problem is the I cannot find specific details quot similar quot to my problem regarding how they determined the repair action other than replaced power or mobo So hopefully when this is resolved this will help someone with my similar problem - Problem gt PC will not turn-on just as if not plugged into power source -- Sypnopsis gt Nothing unusual happened as far as I know Shut-down PC for the evening as usual next day went to turn it on nothing - Troubleshooting accomplished -- Checked power outlet amp cords checked good -- Green light on back of power supply is steady green normal indication -- Removed power supply to test with multi-meter Strapped jumpered pins green wire with ground blk wire All appears normal everything is in range of specifications values below pin pin pin pin pin pin pin pin pin pin pin - pin pin pin -- Tested my power button wires for continuity on PC case properly shorts -- Reassemble everything still nothing -- Disassemble entire PC motherboard is sitting on cardboard box --- Items plugged into motherboard -pin atx plug and from NO POWER, Is it power supply or motherboard? power supply -pin plug volt from power supply gig ram stick CPU amp CPU fan - Goal gt power-on motherboard -- Tried shorting power button pins nothing -- Tried shorting reset pins nothing -- Jump-started NO POWER, Is it power supply or motherboard? atx plug with paper clip POWERS ON See link below for example http www youtube com watch v FCspIGgBV amp feature related Unfortunately unlike the youtube video when I remove the paper clip I lose power and back to square one - Back to the PS tested PS with strap jumper on when I remove the strap the ATX loses power through its plugs though the green light stays constant green There is no external on off switch on the power supply -- Should the power supply lose power once the strap is removed -- If so how does the power supply know to stay on -- Any help is much appreciated trying to determine if power supply is bad MOBO etc and if I can repair it Also I cannot swap items I do not have any additional parts laying around ADDITONAL NOTES - When powered on the mobo pwr-btn pins and the reset pins have voltage accross them volts dc pwr btn pins though has quot NO quot effect when shorted volts dc reset pins resets when shorted it works the way it should - Attached additional items to see if I could fully boot PC System Fan note will not boot without this fan plugged-in quot ERROR System Fan Has Failed Service PC to prevent damage to the System Press F to continue quot video card geforce gt hp pn- key board plugged into PS keyboard port mouse plugged into PS mouse port Hard drive When strapped I can boot competely up and log-on to desktop When I choose quot restart quot via windows soft button it resets properly When I choose quot shutdown quot it will shutdown but then I have to remove the strap and reset the cmos I get no display unless I reset the CMOS to boot up properly again I m guessing ultimately its the power supply Since the problem directs back to losing power The PC boots properly when I make the conditions right so that would most likely eliminate a motherboard or cpu problem What I don t understand nor can I find any info on is how does the power supply stay activate I m aware of the shorting of the power button pins on the mobo Probably thinking too much into it but the power supply seems to be working accept for the mystery quot no po... Read more

Relevancy 79.55%

I have a Delta DPS-150GB B Power Supply out of an Apple Macintosh Power Mac computer. I would like to use it as a 12v/5A power supply for my model train layout. I have a couple important questions:

1) I need to know the pin-outs of the connectors (1-4pin, 1-14pin, 1-5pin on ribbon wire), specifically which ones control start-up and various voltage outputs.

2) Being a Switching Power Supply, I think there must be a load on at least one of the output rails. Can I create this with a simple resistor of some sort? if so, how exactly what would I need to do.

I can email photo of the connectors if that would halp. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Relevancy 79.55%

I have a Windows XP Home Edition SP computer GHz MB Ram GB HDD Last week I installed SP on my computer because I had SP and decided to upgrade A couple days later when I click on quot turn off quot my computer restarts NOT shutdown When I click on quot stand by quot The screen goes black then I get a quot blue screen quot Like in Windows But it Power Supply Power or Strip? s dark blue and stays up for only a second Then the computer resets The next day my computer stopped Power Supply or Power Strip? that but Power Supply or Power Strip? then As soon as I press the power button the TV in the living room goes all fuzzy I turn it off I remove the power strip thinking that it went bad I do use every plug but other power strips in the house are full too I plug it directly into the wall The restart stops still fuzzy I unplug ALL the connections in the back of my PC except the Power and monitor It stops Plug it all back in Put it in another outlet in my room Does it again Change HDD power cable motor could be causing this I finally realize that it s the TV tuner card The cable connection is already being split into ths I had a bad plug on the TV splitter so the fuzziness got fixed I put the power strip back on and the restart is going on again I tried on a outlet too Why is my computer restarting when I click quot Turn Off quot Is the quot shutdown exe quot corrupted nbsp

A:Power Supply or Power Strip?

Check your power management settings (and reinstall software if needed, from the manufacturer website). I've run across many problems with SP2 messing with power management settings...
Relevancy 79.55%

Ok so i do know what the no Power and supply 100%, mobo are power problem is this is more about what i can do to use my computer until i can fix the problem Ill start off with what the problem is My computer wont turn on from the get go i knew the power supply was okay Power supply and mobo are 100%, no power because the mother board has a green light on it showing that its getting power of course just in case i tried putting a new supply in but there were no changes At first glance the mother board looked good No blown resistors or anything of that sort i sent it to a friend to check it out though once again just to be thorough and sure Finally after Power supply and mobo are 100%, no power hours of tedious searching i found the problem The chip that the power button plugs into has blown out Very happy thats all it is Now my question to all of you is is there anyway to bypass using that board so i can run my computer until i replace it if i just unplug the little board that the button is a part of the computer obviously does not turn on when i attach the computer to power and i dont know how i can trick it into turning on without having the use of the power button Any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks Ryan nbsp

A:Power supply and mobo are 100%, no power

There are some motherboards that have a power on button directly on the motherboard. I don't suppose you have one of those? There are some BIOS' that can enable the keyboard to power on the PC by pressing any key. I'm using one of them now. Of course, the problem with that is to get the PC started in the first place so you can change the BIOS setting (if it has that setting).

What motherboard do you have?
Relevancy 79.55%

My PC suddenly shut off and wouldn't turn on, but the mouse and motherboard lights were still on. A tech took my PC and ran some tests. I assumed that either my Power supply or my Motherboard was unfunctional but he called me back telling me that it was neither, and that the problem was coming from "a part" that gave power to the motherboard. The replacement of this part would cost $80.

Am I getting ripped off? What part could possibly cost $80 and isn't the Power supply?

Relevancy 79.55%

Which new nvidia gfx cards use only one 6pin pcie connector? I can only find 9600 cards for my bro's pc, He's on a tight budget & doesnt want to get another psu if he can help it. Also doesnt want to go ati because he may want to sli in the future.

Do any 9800gtx cards use only one conector, id assumed they'd be the same as the 8800gtx with two.

A:9 Series card power connectors

I think the 9800GT might only use 1.
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi i just bought a gigabyte 970a-d3p motherboard and im building a computer from alot of parts that i already had and the power supply i have doesn't have a 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector. The power supply is a 485w and it has the standard 20+4 pin a 6 pin and a extra 4 pin is there a way i can fix this without buying a new power supply? ( such as i dont need to hook up the 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector anyway? ) thanks for looking and please help me out if u can.

A:Solved: motherboard power connectors

What is the make and model of the power supply?
Relevancy 79.55%

i have a asus a8n-sli premium mother board and a antec true power 2 550W power supply however when i look at the motherboard i have a 24 pin EATXPWR and a ATX12V connecter... the power supply only has a 24 pin connecter and not the 4 pin connector as well. acording to the power supply manual i can 'snap off' the 4 end pins to connect to a mother board with a 20 pin and 4 pin connector but what do i do to one with a 24 pin and 4 pin motherboard???
any help would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 79.55%

Looking inside my XPS 8900 Desktop I find that I have 2 black 6 pin female molex type connectors on the end of cables coming from the Power Supply.  Anybody know what these are for please ??

A:XPS 8900 internal power connectors

Some video cards require 6-pin connectors - they're there for supporting such cards.
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi there I have recently bought an XFX GeForce GS and am trying to fit geforce connectors gs 8800 power it It came with a molex to pci-express adapter like the one pictured here http www atxpowersupplies com images Molex-to-PCI-Express-Adapter- x gif but the graphics card also came with a warning card saying quot XFX does not support the use of -pin to -pin power cable converters for these graphics cards They are designed to work with geforce 8800 gs power connectors high performance power supplies with -pin PCI Express power connectors quot My power supply doesn t have any power connectors I geforce 8800 gs power connectors don geforce 8800 gs power connectors t recognise they re all the normal white bulky ones although I don t know what a PCI-E power connector looks like sorry I ve only recently returned to PC building and am a bit clueless about the latest technologies Surely if they didn t want me to use the molex to pci-e adapter they wouldn t have supplied it in the box So my question is will using it damage my graphics card Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

Buying a new power supply - the molex to sata connectors - how can I tell if I need the splitter?

On a stock power supply, is the output for a molex typically the same as for sata?
Would a splitter not reduce the output?

Planning on getting Antec TP-650C looking mainly for long term life/dependability[email protected]:20140321184236:s

Relevancy 79.12%

Trying to get used to this computer's quirks Bought it on craigslist for my sister who just wants to use it for emailing It sat in a closet from - until - Wouldn't power up Battery is disconnected Held power button down for secs then connected AC line power Will boot up nbsp If I leave scheme with power not familiar z60t it on shouldn't it stay up like my tower or does it always go z60t not familiar with power scheme into sleep mode And if it is in sleep mode what tricks do you need to do to get it back up I found it in sleep mode after a few hours and failed to get it to come back on I tried disconnecting power holding the button secs then reconnecting power - NOTHING Only the on LED nbsp It sat for days and I got it booted up today But overall this seems unreliable What should I expect What am I doing wrong Do these need a laptop cooler I am NOT familiar with laptops in general as I don't use one Please help

A:z60t not familiar with power scheme

Sorry to make this even longer, but additional info: I booted it up this AM, then shut it down and left plugged in (no battery). I came back 30 mins later, it booted up for about 2 secs and shut off. Cannot get it back up. Unplugged and will try again later.
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a wierd power scheme problem with my laptop its set on laptop/protable now. I'm running XP pro on the laptop (used to have ME, reformatted and did clean new install of XP). When I open the power options from the control panel I have no Running on batteries dropdown lists. My laptop just beeps twice and then shuts down with no other warning options. In the taskbar when I take the mouse pointer over the ac plug it doesn't show the battery life at all. I have no power meter or alarm tabs in my power options properties. Does anybody know how to get the battery option back? This is odd.

Thanks Bob

Relevancy 79.12%

hey all, im running vista64 on a HP dv7-1448dx , the issue im facing this time is with the power schemes. half the time they wont change. why do they not want to change some times, but i can set it, and restart when there is an issue, and it will be fine then, but then later it wont change again?
Relevancy 79.12%

Im having problems with my Power Schemes.
No matter what I set it to it always automatically reverts to some default values.
Also, if I set all values to "Never" and save the scheme none of the values are correct if I try to change back to that scheme when it has reverted to default. The scheme I saved now just has the default values.

Can anyone help with this?

A:Power Scheme automatically changes back

Try making the changes through the bios!
Relevancy 79.12%

I made myself admin on this not setting power holding scheme machine Open Power option properties Change the Power scheme to always on the seeting concerning the plugin andf hard driver were set to NEVER Move to the advance tab made sure both always show icon and prompt for password were unchecked set the close lid power scheme setting not holding setting to DO NOTHING set the Press power button to ask me set the press the power button to ask power scheme setting not holding me power scheme setting not holding Move to the hiberation tag and that was unchecked press applied and then OK tested the machine and it did not shut down but then log out of the machine and log in as the same user I closed the lid and the machine goes into standby mode Check the setting and they have change back to portable laptop The advance tab change back to Prompt for password is checked close lid is change back to stand by press power button is set to shut down press the sleep button is set to shut down anyone have any ideas nbsp

A:power scheme setting not holding

Found this on Windows IT Pro Web site that Helped with Comaq's, and Toshiba's

First, I accessed the HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\PowerCfg subkey. I noticed that it had all six default power schemes with no undesired extraneous schemes. It also had a GlobalPowerPolicy subkey but not the ProcessorsPolicies subkey . I decided to export the HKEY_USERS PowerCfg subkey and put it in place of the HKEY_CURRENT_USER PowerCfg subkey because the HKEY_USERS PowerCfg subkey had all six default schemes, one of which is the desired Always On scheme. Here are the steps to make this switch:

1. Export HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\PowerCfg and save it as HKUsersPowerCfg.reg.
2. Open HKUsersPowerCfg.reg in Notepad. Search for all occurrences of [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel and replace them with [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel.
3. Export the existing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\PowerCfg subkey so that you have a backup if needed.
4. Delete the existing HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\PowerCfg subkey.
5. Import the freshly edited HKUsersPowerCfg.reg subkey.

The user now has all six default power schemes available. Interestingly, the Save As option in the Power Schemes tab now actually works.

In my case I just deleted all the subkeys in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\PowerCfg that were not in HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\PowerCfg. Without rebooting or closing regedit; I right clicked the Power Icon and all 6 of the original power schemes were again listed. I can even save changes and save new schemes.

I had mucked up a Toshiba XP-Pro by trying to figure the problem out, but, thanks to a really old ERDNT back-up, I was able to get a clean copy of the OEM power schemes, replace the HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\PowerCfg with them and delete the entire ...\PowerCfg key everywhere else in the registry, and reboot (twice...Go Figure) and everything works again.

Relevancy 79.12%

In trying to modify my Power Management Scheme in the Display Properties menus on my trusty old XP SP3 system, I couldn't get changes to stick or a newly-named scheme to get added to the dropdown list.

However, I did manage to delete the default Desktop scheme itself and now I have NO power management scheme at all!

How do I restore my power management capability and get it to accept modifications in timing to shut down the display?

By the way, the system does seem to shut down the display after some inactivity but I can't see the timing any more.

A:Lost Power Management Scheme

I find a boatload of possible fixes/workarounds depending on circumstance.

Many report this issue after installing Service Pack 3.

Things to try:
>Disable Hibernation
>Set power management settings in Safe Mode, then reboot.
>Update Video Drivers--especially among those using OEM versions of ATI and nVidia cards like Dell users. Same with Intel onboard graphics drivers
>Disable Java's QuickStarter program--add on and in msconfig.

Others who use Uninterruptible Power Supplies report conflicts between that UPS driver and Windows power management.

Relevancy 79.12%

I m new power Changing XP scheme windows in doing a search for this answer Changing power scheme in windows XP was a dead end I found the fix on my own so I wanted to share it I did answer Changing power scheme in windows XP an old post but wanted to introduce myself as well Here is what I Changing power scheme in windows XP did to cure both of my Dell computers with XP home one XP pro start run type in regedit in your guest account In the edit tab click on find type in powerpolicies click on the to expand the folder open the folder double click name in the window to the right replace the name Home desk office with Presentation Restart your computer go to guest and it will say presentation now instead of Home desk office and will be set to always on in all options Right down what you do in case you fubar Its a easy fix it will work I did it to both my computers I use guest account so no one can place a self extractor virus on my computer But hated the monitor shutting off I use picture slide show for my screen saver and like looking at the pictures when I come back into the room Also lets say you use auslogics for a defrag Right click on the icon click on the option run on then go down and put the check in the following user administrator is what you want to type in if its not already there Put your password in and you are now defraging from your guest account This can work for other applications as well nbsp

A:Changing power scheme in windows XP

Softail said:

I use guest account so no one can place a self extractor virus on my computer.Click to expand...

Using a decent AV would do a lo9t better
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello. I recently purchased a APC 500VA UPS. I set the software that came with it to shutdown my machine after being on battery backup power from 3 minutes. I pulled the plug to simulate a power failure to see if the UPS would indeed gracefully shutdown my machine. My PC did switch over to battery power, but the software never shutdown my machine.

I contacted APC and they told me to turn "Hibernate" on and to changed my Power Scheme from "Home" to "Always On." I was wondering if someone could explain the difference in the these power options. I never leave my PC on 24/7, so I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Power Scheme question? UPS issue.

Always on will never turn off your monitor or hardisks, or standby or hibernate after so much time, they will all stay on. Im not exactly sure what home does, but it will turn some of those off after so much time. Always on doesnt prevent you from hibernating, putting your computer on standby, powering off, or restarting manually.
Relevancy 79.12%

\Settings\Control Panel\Power Option will define power option for the user that is loged in.
However, where I can specify default power scheme for the computer when
nobody is loged in but computer is running
and how I can change the settings for that default power scheme.
Thank you.
Relevancy 79.12%

I'm working on deploying new Windows pro x computers and I'm trying to get windows to throttle down the CPU when it can but it isn't always working correctly The settings for the power scheme that I want are basically highest performance on everything except the hard drive should turn off after minutes of inactivity and the display should turn off after minutes Instead of reducing the CPU multiplier and parking cores it will run at the i 's speed boost thing with all cores active More system info Processor Intel i L OS Windows Pro -bit Manufacturer Coban Model M It might be something with the hardware since the computers are specialized units but Coban isn't any help with this problem If I create a new profile with the desired settings the CPU will be throttled usually until I restart the system sometimes it works longer but not much more than a few restarts I have also tried exporting and importing a power plan between different computers and on the same computer and modifying the stock quot power saver quot plan all with the same iffy results The stock power saver plan always throttles down CPU not Scheme Power Throttling Custom the CPU but only if it's in its default state I've seen a few other people with the same problem but no progress towards a cause or solution Any ideas

A:Custom Power Scheme not Throttling CPU

Welcome to Seven Forums BradJorgensen. I'm going to confirm you are using the advanced power options:

Power Plan Settings - Change

Specifically the Processor Power Management and Maximum Processor State settings

Default for Performance is 100% for both (mine is set to balanced, hence the 5% default).

A Guy
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, I hope this is the right forum to post this to. I need to know if you can set power schemes from a Windows 2000 server to connected computers? I want to set a computer so that no matter who logs on, the computer will always be on and not hibernate. I know you can do this with Windows Server 2003 but haven't been able to find anything for Windows Server 2000. Thank you - TechGirlAZ
Relevancy 79.12%

Power Scheme-Sleep Mode

I use Vista on my Dell PC and have my power settings set to turn off my monitor in 15 minutes and my PC in 20 minutes (sleep mode). When my PC enters the Sleep mode, it only stays in that mode a short time, usually three or so minutes at the maximum, then it activates and my monitor turns on. Is this normal for this power option? I would expect my PC to stay in the Sleep mode for a longer period of time, at least some of the time.

A:Power Scheme-Sleep Mode

I assume this is a a Desktop system should never have reason to hibernate (or sleep) since battery power is of no consequence. With a Desktop, if you ever intend to be away from your system for any length of time, you should log off and power it down. However, as with any system, the feature can still work and should work fine...just not necessary nor recommended for Desktops. That said, check your internet options settings. Make sure the option "Never dial a connection" is checked. Next, check your scheduled events to see what you have scheduled and at what intervals.

Post back and let us know what you found in your scheduled events and/or if the issue resolved itself.
Relevancy 78.69%

Okay so my friend wants to upgrade his video card in his desktop computer Well he picked out one that is supposedly compatible with his motherboard requires New video power connectors? card, 2 and when asked I told him to hold off ordering it because I wasn t sure if his power supply would handle it and since I haven t New video card, requires 2 power connectors? bought any cards from the manufacturer I wanted another opinion The card is a DIAMOND PE GXOC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E His power supply is a ENERMAX ELT AWT which IS watts as stated is required for the card but I m not sure if it has -pin connectors and if they are indeed watts like the specifications for the card state His motherboard is a Gigabyte model GA- P-S and it does have a PCI x slot and although only version as far as I know should run the card unless I am mistaken so no problems there nbsp

A:New video card, requires 2 power connectors?

Hi pyro,
pcie 2.0 cards are indeed backwards compatible with pcie v1.0, so your good there. i looked up the psu ELT500AWT and it shows that it comes with 2-6+2 pcie power connectors. these connectors are standardized and will provide 75w each as needed. The enermax unit provides 48A along two 12v rails, and that is sufficient amp rating for the 4890.
happy upgrading!
Relevancy 78.69%

Alright I m having trouble with a computer I built more than three years ago Up until this problem it s been dandy It s an ASUS mobo with an athlon My problem is that about six months ago my computer booted up with a warning that the Radeon Pro 9800 Radeon destroying power connectors? s power connector was not plugged in Upon inspecting the connector I discovered that the slot on the very end the red wire had been completely scorched Having plenty of left over power connectors I simply plugged another in and went on with my business I assumed that it had simply been some type of power surge even though I use an APC surge protector Fast forward to tonight and I got the same message again Checking the connector reveals the same problem the slot on the end the red wire has been fried So my question is Is my Radeon burning these out or is it the Antec True w power supply Is the power supply too weak What do I need to replace nbsp

Relevancy 78.69%

With the older socket 1366 socket 6 core extreme processors you had to use 2 8-pin ATX powers, is it the same for the socket 2011 cpu's? Just looking at the new gigabyte G1.Assassin 2 motherboards and they only have one 8 pin connector?

A:2x8-pin ATX 12V power connectors for Intel Core i7 3930K

It only have one, eight pin connector. Remember, many of those older socket 1366 motherboards had two processors on them; they are generally server motherboards. Two EPS12V connectors for two processors. The G1.Assassin 2 motherboard only has one processor, so it only has one EPS12V connector.
Relevancy 78.69%

Appreciate some help.

Have an HP empty case (XT 936 Pavilion) in which would like to place a used mainboard and other components. The used mainboard came with a Compaq Presario 5360. (AMD Athlon 450MHZ)

Installed the Compaq mainboard in the HP case, and everything fit like a glove. The Power/Reset switch connector is one piece with a series of 4 pins and 3 pins respectively.

Well, the darn power switch on the HP case will not turn on the power supply. Tested the power supply, and it works, but if the power switch connector from the HP case is used, it is no-go.

Any ideas of how to get this case to work with the Compaq mainboard? Read about rigging the momentary power switch, but not clear as to how this is done.

Thanks in advance for the help.

A:Front Panel Connectors (Power/Reset)

The pinouts for the one piece connector is probably different from one motherboard to another. It's pretty easy to take the wires out and move them around.
Relevancy 78.69%

I just got a GeForce 9800GTX+ that has 2 6 pin power connectors on it. the card came with an adapter to put 2 normal plugs into a 6 pin format, which i hooked up, but that only lets me get 1 of the 2 plugs powered. are both plugs necessary, am i losing processing power by not having this hooked up?

if so , im assuming i should just order another adapter?

A:quick videocard question - 6 pin power connectors

Yes they are both necessary. Either your FPS will drop considerably during use or it wont even work at all. I suggest you get a PSU with a 6 pin on it and use the adaptor with it. Im assuming a PSU that old without a 6 pin isn't powerful enough for a 9800GTX. Read the power requirements when choosing a PSU.
Relevancy 78.69%

I am planning on moving my components into a new case.

Namely the Thermaltake Lanbox:
the computer now is an HP Pavi...r one from scratch...
thanks for ANY input
Relevancy 78.69%

I have bought the following video card

EVGA GeForce 8800 GS Superclocked

It comes with a 6-pin to Molex adapter. Thus, my question is that, my PSU branches out with 3 vacant molex power cable, would I just choose any 2 of the 3 cables branching out from the PSU and connect it to the Molex connectors of my video card?

The sales person told me that I should not connected the 2 Molex connectors of my video card to 2 other ones of the same railing from the PSU, is that true?

A:Powering Up Video Cards [Power Connectors]

Really depends on your PSU. If it has low amperage rails, it could be wise to use molexes on different rails, I guess. This is not a professional reply, just an logical assumption. Post the make and model and wattage of your PSU.
Relevancy 78.26%

hi guys as per one of my friend I could replace my memory RAM up to GB so I ve ordered Power Light Motherboard/Power 8300 AMBER Green XPS - Supply - Light a couple sticks of Kingston HyperX nbsp so I ve took slot and replaced GB Hynix RAM by GB HyperX Now I have a good old CPU that doesnt work plus it smell like burnt plastic with no apparent damage to XPS 8300 - AMBER Motherboard/Power Light - Green Power Supply Light the board or RAM nbsp Startup x BEEP No BIOS Motherboard Light Solid AmberBootup Light Flashing AmberPower Supply Light Solid Green I ve tried booting from nbsp a single RAM unit on slot one then slot two and nothing has changed anyone can help Motherboard Y MRGhttp www findlaptopdriver XPS 8300 - AMBER Motherboard/Power Light - Green Power Supply Light com specs- y mrg-dell Processor i Primary SSD Kingston HyperX Savage added Secondary Seagate TB TB added Barracuda New RAM nbsp ts HX C FK http www kingston com dataSheets HX C FK pdfOld RAM nbsp HMT U CFR C-H https www amazon com PC - - MHz-Hynix-HMT U CFR C-H -Unbuffered dp B BTRAS
Relevancy 78.26%

I've got two questions concerning power management in windows Vista/7 (if someone can say what are the capabilities of Windows XP in this subject then I would be grateful). First of all: is it possible to prevent users from changing power scheme? And the second one: is it possible to capture events of changing settings of any power scheme? I know there are some events fired when the user changes the whole power scheme but I would also like to get noticed when user changes for example the time after which the monitor gets turned off.

A:How to restrict users from changing power scheme

In start menu type Group Policy, and through results, you should see Group Policy Editor. If not, then press the Windows key + R (or click Run from the same start menu), type gpedit.msc and hit Enter

Browse then to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Power Management.

Gpedit not available though in Home Premium.
Relevancy 78.26%

Not sure if I'm posting in the right area, but here goes:

have a dual boot, Ubuntu 8.04 and XP SP3. Everything works as expected on the Ubuntu side, but for some reason while in windows when I want to go into standby, it won't. Went into Control panel> Power mgmt and the dropdown menu is totally blank, nothing to adjust...

Any clues where to start looking?

hardware, if it helps:

Asrock A780G Full HD mobo
2X2G Corsair 800MHz ddr2
Athlon 5050e brisbane
HEC case w/585w PSU

Thanks for looking.

Relevancy 78.26%

In Windows XP how to enable power scheme it is being disabled by default

A:Power Scheme is disable in windowsXP how to enable

Can you be a little more clear of what you want?
Relevancy 78.26%

Running WinXP Home with SP2. I have Power Scheme set to Hibernate when I press the sleep button. Turn off HD = Never. Same for monitor.

The settings change by themselves to Standby instead of Hibernate.
Also Turn off Monitor = 15 minutes, Hard disk off = 1 hour

I've looked in Event log and found nothing. Have tried to disable screen saver but it didn't help.

My original setting may hold for an hour, two weeks or anything in between.
Any ideas?

Relevancy 78.26%

After updating ATI Technologies Inc -Video-ATI RADEON XPRESS Series via Windows update the power settings change themselves after I values change themselves Power Scheme Solved: run a video MPG AVI etc using Winamp RealPlayer or MediaPlayer but only when connected to the internet AVI files run from my hard drive do not trigger a change I tried a system restore uninstall and reinstall of ATI software power scheme restore via Kelly s Korner Solved: Power Scheme values change themselves download and scanned Solved: Power Scheme values change themselves using cmd sfc scannow The problem persists Attached is my HJT log Any help would be greatly appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System Solved: Power Scheme values change themselves smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSTray exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exe C Program Files Vista Start Menu VistaStartMenu exe C Program Files Ray Adams ATI Tray Tools atitray exe C Program Files WinBar WinBar exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C Program Files MATCO BuzzSawService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy SBCSSvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Process Lasso ProcessSupervisor exe C Program Files Process Lasso processgovernor exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - URLSearchHook Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFre dll O - BHO Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFre dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFre dll O - HKLM Run AlwaysReady Power Message APP ARPWRMSG EXE O - HKLM Run SmcService quot c PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe quot -startgui O - HKLM Run WinPatrol C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher quot C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe quot O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run SBCSTray C Program Files Sunbel... Read more