Windows Support Forum

My laptop often times turns on from sleep mode .

Q: My laptop often times turns on from sleep mode .

Hello, thanks for your time in helping me with this small issue of mine. Recently, my laptop, has been going off from sleep mode even though I wouldn't touch the screen, my mouse or keyboard. I am confused by why this has been happening. I've researched on that, the slightist touch can put the laptop to sleep. However, I wouldn't touch my laptop since when its on sleep mode, im often at school or going to sleep. Only to find it has been opened and shut down due to battery running out. Would there be able solutions to this small issue of mine?. How can I stop this from happening again? is it a virus? spyware?. Thanks for your time and consideration in helping with this issue. Kevin.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-laptop-often-times-turns-on-from-sleep-mode/td-p/5818071
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My laptop often times turns on from sleep mode .

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 87.72%

Already went through the process that was on this website. Just need to know what else to do.

A:BSOD my laptop turns off when it wakes up from sleep mode.

Welcome

There are no dump files in the zip attached.
Please make sure you're following the instructions correctly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255726-bsod-my-laptop-turns-off-when-wakes-up-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I can't find a description online or in the user manual.

A:What turns off in sleep mode?

To be honest I don?t understand this question.

Sleep is a power-saving state that allows a computer to quickly resume full-power operation (typically within several seconds) when you want to start working again.

Putting your computer into the sleep state is like pausing a DVD player?the computer immediately stops what it?s doing and is ready to start again when you want to resume working.

Would recommend you to read the FAQ area on the Microsoft page:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81111-What-turns-off-in-sleep-mode
Relevancy 73.96%

Once my PC goes into sleep mode my PC mouse just turns off and has to be re-plugged in and i have to keep doing this every day a few times a day, very annoying how to fix?

A:Mouse turns off in sleep mode

What is the make and model# of your laptop?
Go to Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager open Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Right click each USB Root Hub/Properties/Power Management Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Put a check in Allow this device to wake the computer. Do this for all USB Root Hubs.
If that still fails,
Go to the manufacturers support/download drivers site and type in your make and model # or your service tag # and download the Chipset driver for your model (USB Support) also try a different USB port. Do not plug the mouse into a docking station or hub.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/mouse-turns-off-in-sleep-mode-695576.html
Relevancy 73.96%

When entering Sleep Mode the computer is turned off.
Performance indicates that Sleep Mode is set for 30 minutes which I have not used, but when I leave my computer and manually select Sleep Mode is when the computer is turned off.
I checked the network adapter for the "allow this device to wake the computer" and all were unchecked
How do I get Sleep Mode to go to sleep with a manual setting?

A:Sleep Mode Turns Unit Off

Originally Posted by cyclone3211

When entering Sleep Mode the computer is turned off.
Performance indicates that Sleep Mode is set for 30 minutes which I have not used, but when I leave my computer and manually select Sleep Mode is when the computer is turned off.
I checked the network adapter for the "allow this device to wake the computer" and all were unchecked
How do I get Sleep Mode to go to sleep with a manual setting?

Hi cyclone3211 ,

You will have to change the settings in the Power Options to fix the issue you are experiencing.

a. Open Power Options by clicking the Start button, > Settings clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Power Options.
b. On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings under the selected plan.
c. On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.
d. On the Advanced settings tab, expand Power buttons and lid, click on Power button action.
e. Click on Setting, select the option Sleep.
f. Click on Ok.

This will solve your problem. Good luck!

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/41177-sleep-mode-turns-unit-off.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi guys

Like it says on my title. I put my computer into sleep mode when i am stepping away from my computer. It succesfully goes into sleep mode then i come back and it is on wanting a password. So i sit there wondering if i turned it off or not

Well i watched a few days later cause the problem still hasent stoped and i watched it go into sleep mode then a few minutes later turnes back on.

any feedback will be apreciated thanks

A:computer turns itself on when in sleep mode

Your network connections may be interfering with Sleep Mode - check the settings.

1. Go to Start, type Device Manager and then press Enter
2. Expand Network adapters
3. Right click a network adapter and then click Properties.
4. Click Power Management
5. Make sure the box, Allow this device to wake the computer is NOT TICKED.

Apply this to all network adapters.

Attachment 137363

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143362-computer-turns-itself-when-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I updated to W and have had no problems and this one really isn't a big deal but it's got my OCD going I have sleep set after minutes and that seems to work fine It comes out while System turns mode night sleep in at off of sleep pretty System turns off at night while in sleep mode well too But it seems that ovenight the system shuts down on it's own I've looked at the logs and scheduler and it seems that the UpdateOrchestrator was set at am so I changed that time to PM and the system turned off overnight again So I left it awake one night and it did not shut off Tried again the next night and it turned off I'm going to try to remove the schedule entirely but from what I've read over the last few weeks it will create a new task again I've got no idea what UpdateOrchestrator really does despite all my googling and don't have this problem on any other PC so I'm wondering if it has to do with hardware WhoCrashed does not report any crashes at all Nor do the logs tell me anything Anyone got any ideas Thanks in advance

A:System turns off at night while in sleep mode

In the advance power options, expand the sleep entry, then expand hibernate, the default is 180 min, you can change it.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/22019-system-turns-off-night-while-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a wired USB keyboard and a wireless USB mouse on my computer. I have set the Power Options for sleep mode under Windows 8.1 to occur after a certain amount of time. When I have returned to my computer when it is in Sleep mode after a particularly long period of time both the keyboard and the mouse USB ports are turned off and there is then no way I can resume from sleep mode. What do I have to do to have sleep mode work on my computer under Windows ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74268-sleep-mode-turns-off-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have a rather confusing problem with my newly built PC The other day I was using my computer and it randomly shutdown on me without warning I tried to turn it back on but the fans would only start to spin up but it wouldn't post I let it sit for an hour and everything seemed fine Then it happened again yesterday This time I took notice of every detail The computer seemed pretty hot I did some testing and I learned that the CPU fan isn't turning on after I take the computer out of sleep mode I tried all the settings in the BIOS and checked connections but it persists I also uninstalled fan from off My turns sleep wakes computer CPU mode after all the programs on my system that have fan controllers built in and tried swapping PSUs Sleep mode is currently disabled Has anyone ever seen this before I think that the fan isn't getting My CPU fan turns off after computer wakes from sleep mode enough voltage to get going because it starts to spin and quits about Sometimes it turns on sometimes nothing The scary My CPU fan turns off after computer wakes from sleep mode thing is my motherboard didn't give me any warning about the temps and for some reason my computer doesn't report the correct temps in any of my utilities Bad sensors Bug in BIOS I don't know what else to check Thanks Gigabyte GA-F A XN-Wifi AMD APU A - Corsair Vengance Crucial M gb Noctua NH-L a pico-psu XT

A:My CPU fan turns off after computer wakes from sleep mode

Are you sure the cpu fan is plugged into the CPU fan header and not a generic fan header, often theres one right next to the CPU one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324180-my-cpu-fan-turns-off-after-computer-wakes-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi. Bought a brand new computer with no OS or anything, only put together. Now I would like to get to BIOs to get an OS on it, but I can't get any access. The motherboard has integrated Ati Radeon HD 4200 card. Monitor is like 10 years old CRT. Could the problem be too high motherboard native resolution for the monitor? Computer does nearly nothing after turning on, only disc drive starts flashing (besides the obvious sounds of the vent and the on-light), no beeps or anything.

A:Monitor turns on sleep mode when connecting new computer on the VGA

Firstly you don't need to go into bios to run the CD for the O.S, and no CRT monitors don't use very hight resolution but it sounds like a graphics card issue or the VGA cable is dodgy. Try plug your computer into a newer LCD/LED monitor and that should fix the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-turns-on-sleep-mode-when-connecting-new-computer-on-the-vga.152505/
Relevancy 72.67%

I assembled a new computer when returning on/off occasionally. Sleep Turns from Mode freezes and days ago and Turns on/off when returning from Sleep Mode and freezes occasionally. it s worked fine except for a couple of issues When I return from sleep mode it turns on and off twice in quick succession then turns back on again and works fine This doesn t happen when returning from a shut down state or hibernate mode Also my computer has frozen twice in days the first time the sound started looping over the last second or so but I still was able to switch between the desktop and start screen then it stopped letting me do that but when I moved the mouse icon over an app tile the app was highlighted but nothing happened when Turns on/off when returning from Sleep Mode and freezes occasionally. I clicked on it The second time it froze I left the computer idle for about minutes and when I returned it froze instantly the clock was stuck at the time I attemped to resume the mouse still moved but nothing would happen when I moved over something and control alt delete wouldn t work either I ran the Windows memory diagnostic which reported no errors although it got stuck on the restarting screen for about half an hour so I manually turned it off but the diagnostic ran on start up I have been able to run games without any problems battlefield runs at ultra settings with no issues and the video card drivers are up to date There are no windows updates needed though I haven t downloaded Wondows While I was assembling the computer the anti-static mat connector fell of the pipe it was connected to I didn t realize this initially and worked on the computer for a while with it unconnected This definitely after the processor was installed though and I took care not to touch anything sensitive and I was working on a wooden floor Here are my specs OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Seagate ST DM Barracuda TB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC Z -A Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Norton Internet Security PSU Corsair CX M Wireless Card TP Link TL-WN ND Mbps Wireless N PCI Express Adaptor Any help would be appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turns-on-off-when-returning-from-sleep-mode-and-freezes-occasionally.1112193/
Relevancy 71.81%

I am running Vista 64bit and every time i put my PC on sleep mode, it would turn back on automatically in a matter of seconds. How can I fix this?

A:Whenever I put computer to sleep mode, it automatically turns back on immediately

Anybody?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/252541/whenever-i-put-computer-to-sleep-mode-it-automatically-turns-back-on-immediately/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,
I've had this problem intermittently on my laptop for the past 2 years however it has been occuring more often recently.

Basically sometimes when I click the sleep button on Windows 7, the screen fades to black as usual. However the fan keeps running (sounds like when it's on full load) and the power button light stays on endlessly. I always have to force shut it down and restart it.

What can be the issue?
Thanks.

A:Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

Hi joseph10444.

Such a situation may occur when some driver (mostly the PnP device drivers depending on the ACPI configuration) fail to response within a stipulated time period during the power state change.

Let us see some data. Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
Upload the list of all the third party drivers Using NirSoft DriverView :
Download and execute Driverview
View > Hide Microsoft Drivers
Edit > Select all
File > Save Selected Items
In the Save dialog, Set the path to desktop, Put "Driverview" in the name field, and save.
Zip the .txt file and upload it.
Those files will give us a closer look to the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335394-laptop-freezes-between-entering-sleep-mode-being-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 71.81%

hai.. help needed.... i am having the exact problem as op.. when i press sleep button, screen goes black (as usual).. but fan, and other keyboard lights are still on... it just freezes... i have to force shutdown to again use my laptop...

i am attaching the msinfo32.nfo, driverview.txt...

and one more thing... i dont have problem of bsod... thanks..

A:Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

Original Thread

Laptop freezes between entering sleep mode to being in sleep mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368428-laptop-freezes-between-entering-sleep-mode-being-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey everyone I have a booting turns and Laptop before few a anything off on times really odd problem with my laptop When I turn it on it sits at the Compaq boot screen for about seconds then it restarts itself This happens about - times before it attempts to boot anything I have inserted into the laptop which currently happens to be a USB When it finally turns on everything works fine but I am hoping to solve Laptop turns on and off a few times before booting anything this problem I have tried turning on the laptop without the AC power plugged in and the same thing happens Also I have tested the memory in the BIOS and it reported that everything was fine My Phoenix BIOS is F so it is not the newest F is Laptop turns on and off a few times before booting anything the latest for my laptop according to the Compaq website but I cannot update it because they only offer an EXE to update it I am currently running Lucid Puppy a Linux distro off of a USB Laptop turns on and off a few times before booting anything Also my laptop is a Compaq Presario F NR Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

When I open it for the first time the lights are on, the fan is running but nothing happens o the screen (just black screen, no backlight, no bios). So I have to turn on and off my laptop like 6 to 10 times before it actually log in to windows. I am worried it might get worse in the future. It started when I bought a new ac adapter. Its not original actually. It is my third time to buy adapter, they doesn't last for a year.
Please let me know if you know any solution. Thanks!

A:My laptop needs to turn on/off many times before it actually turns on.

Is your laptop still under warranty? If so call support.

Your bios seems to be found here (guide):

How To Use The Notebook?s BIOS Setup Utility : Notebooks | Samsung

It appears if you access your bios then hit f9 that will reset it to factory default settings. Try that first.

Then I suggest going to samsungs site and searching for a update to your bios if that does not resolve the issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344991-my-laptop-needs-turn-off-many-times-before-actually-turns.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Client has been getting BSODs after computer goes into sleep mode. First step I took was removing AVG free antivirus since it had a reputation for causing this. This is a Windows 7 Home Premium laptop. Let me know what information you need. I have been trying to use WinDbg to figure out the process causing the issue but the only help it seems to provide is that ntoskrnl.exe is causing the issue. This is first time I have tried to use dump file to diagnose BSOD and could use some help towards the right direction.

A:BSOD few times a month after going into sleep mode, have dmp files

Post here: BSOD Crashes and Debugging - Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292624-bsod-few-times-month-after-going-into-sleep-mode-have-dmp-files.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Last night i manually put my computer in sleep mode and went to bed. When i woke up i came down and my computer was rebooting itself then shutting itself down as soon as it rebooted. I stood there and watched it do this about 4 times, all 4 times my screen was black.

I then shut it down manual with the power button then rebooted it and it took me to a "Windows has improperly shut itself down" "Would you like to reboot in normal mode screen? I clicked yes and it took me to windows and it is fine now. What happened and how can i prevent this in the future?

A:Computer crashed in sleep mode then reboots/shuts down unlimited times

update: i just called my computer manufacturer and he said because my GPU card is factory overclocked the lower power state of sleep mode might be the cause of what is crashing it and causing the power cycle to constantly reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219530-computer-crashed-sleep-mode-then-reboots-shuts-down-unlimited-times.html
Relevancy 67.51%

This problem has been going on already for about a month as far as I can recall The laptop turns on but the display is totally empty and Windows does not start at all This happens frequently after hibernation sleep What I do usually is I just turn the laptop off and turn it on again and the OS starts successfully but now it takes more than twice and it may be dangerous already to do such The laptop is still under warranty and I have it checked already at the store where I bought it The tech person did a few tweaks in the power settings It did work but after a little less than hrs the problem came back I am working as an architectural intern and most of the programs I use are heavy D drafting and D modeling softwares e g Autocad Sketchup and Lumion as well as Adobe Photoshop I use Sketchup very often Just mentioning this as it may have some bearing to the problem Thank you very much

A:Laptop turns on but doesn't load OS after hibernation/sleep

Hi, Welcome to SF.

I found this post from our member gergrocker. This might help.

Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker

Sleep issues are almost always caused by the display driver so I would start by updating it, or trying another. Driver Install - Device Manager

You can troubleshoot Sleep and Hibernate by setting them to 1 and 2 minutes in Power Options. Use Balanced Plan. Then work through these Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums.

If this is still the factory preinstalled WIn7 then that is a corrupt install which causes many of these problems, which is why most tech enthusiasts will not run it but choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308658-laptop-turns-but-doesnt-load-os-after-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,
my computer turns on automatically after a while
I have no scheduled tasks,
my network card has this option in its properties -> "wake-up capabilities", I set it to "none" , no luck
I even disabled network card; removed the network cable and still no luck
I have done and checked everything I could think of, tried to read the event viewer to see what causes the computer to wake up and found nothing (or I couldn't figure out the cause)
EVEN I turned off all the clocks in home, but still my laptop wakes-up after 10-20 min. I think it's gotten insomnia!!

any suggestions? help? (apart from putting sleep pills into the CD-ROM!!)

A:When I hibernate or sleep my laptop, it turns on automatically! helpme

Has this just happened after working OK ?

If yes, you may want to check if you have picked up any nasties i.e malware, virus.

If no, check your settings in BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/219649-when-i-hibernate-sleep-my-laptop-turns-automatically-helpme.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am using windows 10, the divers are up to date according to what "Windows Update" is saying.
Please suggest a solution.

A:Problem in Toshiba satellite A660-18N: Laptop turns off after 1 second from waking up from sleep

Does it only do this when turning back on from sleep? Or does it occur any other time?

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3122775/problem-toshiba-satellite-a660-18n-laptop-turns-waking-sleep.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My Toshiba Satellite C50-A-1DV laptop, running on Windows 8.1 keeps booting up from sleep mode between midnight and five AM. It starts, the disc in the disc drive spins, waking me up, and after it gets to the login screen it shuts down again. I've been told to check scheduled maintenance but it wasn't, and has never, been enabled. On the 6th of May it started up at around 1:35AM. On the 7th it started at around 4:35AM. On the 8th it started up at 4:20AM (It's 4:20 man!). I've had it for a year and two months and this only started on the 6th. It's probably something simple but I can't keep getting woken up by this machine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Laptop Booting Up from Sleep at Random Times in Morning

Run command prompt as administrator, then type the following and press enter:

powercfg -lastwake

This should provide some information about what caused the last wake event (usb device, wake timer, etc.).

Next check for wake timers. Type the following and press enter:

powercfg -waketimers

Reply with the results of these commands.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575579/laptop-booting-up-from-sleep-at-random-times-in-morning/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello ,

Normally i work during the day and when i finish, i just close the lid of the laptop and continue next day.

But recently even though i didnt shut off the computer, and just close the lid, it shuts itself like there is no more battery. All work is in recovery files because of the sudden shut off during the night. however the battery is still full in the morning.

Do you know what is it and how I can fix it?

thank you
Darko

A:My laptop turns off when it is in hibernate mode

Hibernate mode is a power off mode.
Hibernate mode differs from Sleep mode. Sleep mode maintains some power going to the memory to maintain that memory. Hibernate mode saves the complete memory state out to hard drive and once it is all safely stored the power is shut off.

Because Sleep mode does require some power, the disadvantage of it is that if you are running on battery, you will at some time run down the battery and will lose all that you were maintaining in that memory (hope you saved any open files out to disk!).

Because Hibernate mode uses no power, once it has hibernated, there is no time limit. You can put that computer in the closet and pull it out months or years later, turn on the computer will resume right back to where it was prior to putting it into Hibernate.

Either Hibernate or Sleep mode will get your computer state back exactly like it was prior to entering that state.
The only real downside of using Hibernate, over Sleep, is the few additional seconds needed to get into, or out of, Hibernate mode; over the time when using the Sleep mode.

Win7 and Vista, by default, use a modified Sleep mode called Hybrid Sleep. That is where the Sleep mode additionally also stores off the complete memory off to the hard drive (just like it would if you had selected Hibernate) just incase you do accidentally lose power while in Sleep mode. That might happen if you put your computer to Sleep "temporarily" while you go outside to do some chore, and somehow you were gone for the entire day - and your battery got depleted. With Hybrid Sleep you will still have your computer come back once power gets restored. Whew!

Assuming the Sleep power never got lost, using this Hybrid Sleep still will use the faster startup of the maintained memory to get your computer back up. It will only use the slower way of getting memory reloaded from the hard drive (that hibernate file) if it really has to.

So, just in case you still are wondering, your computer is supposed to power off in Hibernate mode. You don't have a problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-turns-off-when-it-is-in-hibernate-mode.1089979/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello guys,

Since yesterday i'm facing a strange issue.. Whenever i plug in my laptop to charge, it just automatically turns off (not proper shutdown) within a few moments. This duration before power off varies at times. Its runs without any problem when on safe made. This problem happens only when win 7 is in normal mode. I noticed that the fan speed increases as i plug in. However, this also used to happen earlier. On searching online, some said it may be due to heating issue. But then how does it work normally in safe mode? Also, when i start in Diagnostic Start up mode, it starts perfectly. It does not start when i remove my battery and plug in..it powers off just after entering windows. This problem does not occur when in BIOS. Please help in finding a suitable solution.

Thank you.

A:Laptop turns off when plugging in for charging in normal mode on win7

Try a System Restore to a date prior to the issue - System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/375993-laptop-turns-off-when-plugging-charging-normal-mode-win7.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello guys,

Since yesterday i'm facing a strange issue.. Whenever i plug in my laptop to charge, it just automatically turns off (not proper shutdown) within a few moments. This duration before power off varies at times. Its runs without any problem when on safe made. This problem happens only when win 7 is in normal mode. I noticed that the fan speed increases as i plug in. However, this also used to happen earlier. On searching online, some said it may be due to heating issue. But then how does it work normally in safe mode? Also, when i start in Diagnostic Start up mode, it starts perfectly. It does not start when i remove my battery and plug in..it powers off just after entering windows. This problem does not occur when in BIOS. Please help in finding a suitable solution.

Thank you.

A:Laptop turns off when plugging in for charging in normal mode on win7

Post make & model in case this is a "known issue" that can be google-searched for.

By "normal" mode, do you mean not "safe mode", or not "selective startup/msconfig"?

Does the problem also happen in safe mode?
Does the problem also happen in Selective Startup?

Otherwise, what do you mean by "normal".

One guess is that you have a problem with a 3rd party power management software. It's supposed to start "doing something" (such as report the battery status) when it senses a power plug is inserted, but instead it shuts down.

Is the shut down orderly (Windows is shutting down), or is it abrupt, like someone suddenly killed the power?

What's most interesting so far is the possibility that the machine works & charges fine in Safe Mode, but not in MSCONFIG or Normal mode. If that's the case, we're looking for a software problem that can probably be solved by reinstalling something, compared to a hardware problem which can be serious, expensive and/or insolvable.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-turns-off-when-plugging-in-for-charging-in-normal-mode-on-win7-1020330.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello EightForums, I'm new here so please be easy on me :P
Alright so I installed Windows 8 the other day (a clean install from ISO and a legitimate copy). Everything has been running very well with the exception of one thing. When I close the lid of my laptop it goes into hibernation mode rather than sleep, I had no problem with this in Windows 7 and have tried to change it in the power options. I have tried setting them to default settings, this is basically a clean install so I don't think anything is preventing it from going to sleep. I've googled it, but I cannot find a suitable solution for me.
I really appreciate any help you guys can give me, thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/11485-i-cannot-get-my-laptop-go-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, for a long whle now I have noticed that my laptop just goes inot sleep/hibernation mode even when I am actively using it !! All of the battery / power setting are set that it does not do this until 3 hours of inactivity.  I contacted HP under warranty and was advised that the BIOS needing updating, which  they did on line for me at the time.  It still does it and is really awkward at times.  What suggestions can anyone offer please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/laptop-always-going-into-sleep-mode/td-p/5671638
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi - Just installed Win10 on my 4 yr old HP G60535D. Now I have have to re-boot everytime I shut the lid. Played around with power settings, etc etc but no love. When I first open the lid, I can hear the computer running, a slight mechanical burp of some sort, then nothing...totally blank screen. I have to hold the power button down to shut it off, then re-boot. A 1st world problem for sure, but kind of irritating. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

A:HP laptop sleep mode

Try shutting it down by
Right click the start button
Then Scroll to Shut down and sign out
Then click >
That will bring up 4 options
Then click SHUT DOWN

That is the way I do it
As the way you seem to do it you are only putting it to sleep

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39145-hp-laptop-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.92%

my laptop goes in to sleep mode every 5 seconds it doesen't matter if i am taking a brake for a second how can i correct this so i can keep the laptop on for as long as i need it for without it going in to sleep mode

A:laptop goes in to sleep mode

Hi

5 seconds ?? sure that's not an exageration?

Anyway go into power options in control panel, have a look in there, there are some options about sleep mode and hibernation, oh and go into the BIOS theres some settings (usually) along the same lines...

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-goes-in-to-sleep-mode.66838/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEB32FM Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
I thought all of my problems were gone, but whenever I try put the computer into sleep mode with any button (the power button or from the start circle), it just turns black and won't go into sleep mode. The power button stays green instead of turning orange (sleep mode).
Any help? Could it be a driver problem?
Please don't suggest going into the Vaio Control Center, because that program doesn't work and always crashes.

A:Laptop won't go into sleep mode

I'm currently having the same issue with my 42FM Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit machine. I also cannot get the Vaio Control Center / Vaio Care to work either. Have you ever found a solution to this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/269174-laptop-wont-go-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I'm having the blue screen error for the past weeks The system failed to boot in safe mode or normal mode but then it booted when I chose last known good configuration Please help with this as this is the nd time I'm posting this I've attached the zip files thanks OS - Windows or Vista Windows Ultimate Service Pack x -bit or x -bit What was the original installed OS on the system VISTA Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed crashes, didn't mode times. 2 11 even boot in up laptop safe on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail version I don't have any boot discs etc or bootable OS on discs Approximate age of system hardware years Approximate age of OS installation if you know years Have you re-installed the OS YES CPU GHZ Video Card sorry I don't know Mother Board if NOT a laptop Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop System Manufacturer SONY Corporation Exact model number if laptop check label on 11 crashes, laptop didn't even boot up in safe mode 2 times. bottom PCG L Laptop or Desktop Laptop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/11-crashes-laptop-didnt-even-boot-up-in-safe-mode-2-times-1028161.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have laptop sleep resume does not mode from a dell E that originally came with XP media center edition I purchased windows home premium and laptop does not resume from sleep mode did a clean install of it everything works fine except for issue when i press the power button the laptop goes to sleep like it should but later when i press the power button again to turn the laptop back on it has some problems when i press it i see the screen that shows windows is resuming but then the screen just goes black the screen is on but it is just black then i have to hold the power button until it turns off and have to boot it up from the beginning this only happens when i try to resume from sleep mode does not happen if its shutdown and then i boot it up i tried laptop does not resume from sleep mode reinstalling the video card drivers several laptop does not resume from sleep mode times and nothing i never had that issue in XP what can be done about this thanks nbsp

A:laptop does not resume from sleep mode

Check the bios, see if you can change the type of sleep state it uses, see if the behavior continues.

Also what bios version is installed? if it is lower than A09, then there was a bios update for the ATI video, latest bios version is A17, which will include the ATI update. No guarantee this will fix the issue since Dell never certified the E1505 for W7.

http://support.dell.com/support/dow...typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=212350

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-does-not-resume-from-sleep-mode.911624/
Relevancy 61.06%

Laptop does not wake up from sleep when either power button, keyboard buttons or mouse touchpad are pressed. A forced reboot is always required. HDD light off, monitor stays black and battery light and fan still on.

Have had this problem for over a week since downloading and using Advanced SystemCare and Driver Booster. Once the problem occured I uninstalled them but nothing changed. Also there was a few recent windows updates at beginning of March but haven't read anywhere that they are causing similar problems. Have tried the obvious fixes but nothing seems to work. ASSISTANCE MUCH APPRECIATED

SPECS
Asus X555LA
Windows 10 Home
Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
BIOS version date 14/08/14

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/laptop-does-not-wake-up-from-sleep-mode-1102418.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop, ProBook 450 G2 goes into sleep mode even tho power settings set to never. The operating system is Windows 7 Professional.  I had a Microsoft tech check it. I also had HP tech check it. They both said it was a hardware problem. I sent it to HP to be serviced and they replaced the system board and said they tested it. When I got it back, it went into sleep mode again. I left my laptop for about 15 minutes and when I came back it was in sleep mode. This always happens after the laptop has been left for about 15 minutes.Does anybody have a solution?????????????

Solved!
View Solution.

A:my laptop, ProBook 450 G2 Go goes into sleep mode even tho p...

I sent my laptop into HP repair. They replaced mother board and some cables, but that did not solve problem. They finally replaced the Windows 7 operating system. Basically they gave me a new system. I spent 3 days updating windows with all the updates and then re-loading my programs. What a mess!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/my-laptop-ProBook-450-G2-Go-goes-into-sleep-mode-even-tho/td-p/5434917
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I'm new here so I hope I don't leave important stuff out My Laptop is an HP Notebook PC bit GB RAM I recently spilled water on my laptop around the speaker areas power buttons and upper key rows The keyboard is working now but one thing I noticed is that my laptop will not stay in sleep mode I will press the button and not even seconds later it turns on again I will stay HP not Laptop sleep mode in don't know if there is something inside that got messed up or if there are still parts that are wet Now it would make sense for me to rule out anything else it could be but this only started happening after it got wet I have searched on google for this and have found nothing similar Any help is appreciated and I will provide more info if needed - edit I have found something else that is strange When my battery died upon start up the HP Laptop will not stay in sleep mode machine created a loud quot alarm quot type noise that was constant for a few seconds before booting up This also happened when I brought it out of hibernation since I couldn't put it to sleep

A:HP Laptop will not stay in sleep mode

If the laptop is not fully dried out while unplugged, battery removed and power drained by holding the power button, then you may have a short as soon as the water shifts. After doing those things I would turn it upside down carefully and blow a hair dryer on low heat but high fan speed on the keys area.

As to sleep mode problems, these are almost always caused by display driver so update it now by enabling Automatically deliver drivers via Windows Update (Step 3) then installing all Important and Optional Windows Updates. If no newer display driver is provided along with the critical patches needed to make your hardware and software work better, check on the HP Support Downloads webpage for your model.

Other Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums cover almost everything to be gone over.

Keep in mind that HP is the worst in the industry for bloatware and useless duplicate utiltiies that interfere with better versions built into WIn7. So if you haven't already I'd consider a Clean Reinstall Windows 7 to go from worst to best if you follow the steps closely and stick with only the tools and methods given.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354990-hp-laptop-will-not-stay-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When I'm idle for several minutes my laptop will go to sleep by itself

power settings are all switched to never (never go to sleep, never dim screen etc)

Screensaver set to none with maximum possible waiting time

battery is full with charger plugged in

thanks

A:Laptop keeps going into sleep mode despite settings

There is a search box at the top right corner of this forum. Type this into it, "Laptop keeps going into sleep mode despite settings" see if any of the results help.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/42461-laptop-keeps-going-into-sleep-mode-despite-settings.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Sleep mode crash
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 350 @ 2.27GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 3948 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152617 MB, Free - 78668 MB; D: Total - 442862 MB, Free - 142706 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. , K52Jr, 1.0 , BSN12345678901234567
Antivirus: ESET Smart Security 4.2, Updated and Enabled
My computer crashes everytime it goes into sleep or hibernation. Any help would be great.

A:Laptop crashes on sleep mode

I reloaded a laptop recently and had the same problem. Turned out the windows disc loaded windows drivers instead of the brand name drivers.. I manually replaced them all and the problem was solved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes-on-sleep-mode.1016834/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi! First of all, thanks a lot for any help you can provide, I'm having some weird crashes when the computer goes into sleep mode. During normal use, all seems to go fine, I stressed the machine with some 3d renders for a few hours and it stood perfectly, the problem is just when it goes to sleep.

Computer is a Sager 7280 with Windows Ultimate 64 retail, recently installed and just a few programs installed, a RAID 0 of hybrid drives, 12 GB of RAM and an Nvidia 840M with a i7 980

Thanks a lot!

A:New Laptop crashing when going into sleep mode

Also, please remove or update these older drivers that were loaded at the time of the crash. Don't use Windows Update or the Update drivers function of Device Manager.
Please use the following instructions to locate the most currently available drivers to replace the one's that you uninstall OR remove:

Quote:
How To Find Drivers:
- I have listed links to most of the drivers in the code box below. Please use the links there to see what info I've found about those drivers.
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org/drvrdown.html

Here's the older drivers (You can look them up here: Driver Reference ).
Please pay particular attention to any dated 2008 or earlier:

Code:

wacommousefilter.sys Fri Feb 16 13:12:17 2007 (45D5F401) - Wacom(tablet) Mouse Filter - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#wacommousefilter.sys
PdiPorts.sys Thu Nov 16 19:31:16 2006 (455D02D4) - PdiPorts Device Driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#PdiPorts.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Wed Sep 29 19:35:09.154 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:22:08.137
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800de8e060, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800c27d380}
Probably caused by : usbhub.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue Sep 28 20:10:05.411 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:42:24.394
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800d869440, fffff80000b9c518, fffffa800bea8bd0}
Probably caused by : usbhub.sys
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Sep 27 01:59:40.914 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:20:35.286
BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc40009f00, ffffffffc0000185, bbcef860, fffff880013e0b30}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c0000185
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114725-new-laptop-crashing-when-going-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Sleep and hibernate modes don't unresponsive sleep Laptop in mode becomes work on my laptop What happens is when the laptop goes to sleep the screen goes black it shuts down basically but I can still hear the cooling fan spinning and my HDD working The laptop becomes completely unresponsive I can't get it out of sleep I Laptop becomes unresponsive in sleep mode either have to hold the power button to force it to shut down or it simply powers down on its own after some time maybe - minutes with out the battery being completely drained When I turn it on during the booting it tells me that windows did not shut down correctly It happens whenever I try to make it sleep through Start or when I close the lid I made a custom Laptop becomes unresponsive in sleep mode power plan so it doesn't go to sleep Laptop becomes unresponsive in sleep mode at all to avoid this problem when I go afk for a while Though it's really annoying because when I take my laptop to university I have to turn it on and shut it down after every use I can't close the lid or it will make the laptop enter sleep and then the problem will happen This lengthens the time before I can start using my laptop and the time before I can close it because there is no standby mode I doubt this is a problem with power settings Hybrid sleep is off and every other settings seems to be properly selected I don't know if this is a driver issue I keep my video card's drives up to date So the problem should had eventually went away after an install of a new one Could be my LAN driver and my wireless card does loose connection and have issues with it's drivers not working properly at times I read that there could be a windows update problem For example the kb that was suppose to be installed before SP caused the same issue to one guy years ago I bought my laptop maybe months ago btw but he fixed it with system restore I don't see that update installed on my windows nor could I find any information related to other updates with this problem Also this update would had been installed at the very first day I installed windows and then went though updating it till there we're no updates available which means I would have to use a restore to a point where I installed windows months ago Well system restore only gives me points up to the past month The only thing I'm thinking about to maybe fix this is to reinstall windows and then update it slowly and see when in the update process I come across this problem again As far as I remember when this laptop came with linux and I installed windows the very first time I used it with windows on it sleep worked fine I tried reinstalling windows maybe times at the end this problem was always present Thought I'd rather not go through this painful process at least not right now as I need this laptop to do important work for the rest of the month Especially since I'm not certain if what I'm considering to do will work So I'm hoping that maybe someone better knowing or just a person who has come across this issue will help me fix this Hell maybe this laptop simply can't sleep maybe that's why it came with linux I barely know anything about linux Anyways thanks in advance for help If I won't find a fix to this till the end of the month I'l just reinstall windows and see what that gives me

A:Laptop becomes unresponsive in sleep mode

A few things to test out:

How does it behave if you disable sleep and use only hibernate ?

Test memory > RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Run SFC > SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/305722-laptop-becomes-unresponsive-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all Over the last week my laptop has started to occasionally crash and switch off when it's in sleep mode - after this happens it won't turn on when the power button is pushed it'll only work again when it's plugged in Once it's switched on again I get the black screen that tells me it wasn't shut down properly I've followed several of the suggestions I've seen on various threads the power settings upon closing lid are set at 'sleep' hybrid sleep is switched off I keep it well ventilated the Laptop during sleep mode crashes drivers and BIOS are updated and still it happens I haven't done anything significantly different on the laptop no new installations or updates that I can remember it runs perfectly fine on battery power when it's awake nothing else at all seems wrong I only updated drivers and BIOS Laptop crashes during sleep mode etc after the first Laptop crashes during sleep mode few times this happened I'm sure it's significant that the laptop is usually fine in sleep mode even on battery power and wakes up properly if it's been sat still in one place and it only seems to crash while I'm moving it i e the power light is on when I pick the laptop up I carry it to another room set it down and the light has gone off Also in one instance after moving it I successfully woke the laptop from sleep went to plug it in and when I looked it again it had turned off It's still under warranty for another days so I plan to take it in to be checked I'm not smart enough to start taking apart a laptop much less actually understand how to fix it but until I can get to the store next week I'd really like to know what this could be

A:Laptop crashes during sleep mode

its a dell....'nuff said!

haha sorry couldn't resist!

more than likely the issue is a faulty harddrive does it knock off when you carry it normally? as in not in sleep mode?
best to just take it in and get a tech to explain it to you since its under warrenty, seems like an unusual problem only thing i can think of is a fragile drive
good luck and hopefully they will fix it or at least replace it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/215581-laptop-crashes-during-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

When I attempt to wake my Windows laptop Crashes Sleep Mode Laptop in from sleep mode the computer restarts due to a crash I used WhoCrashed to identify the problem and it says the following crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x A Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFA EBA xFFFFF A xFFFFFA AC BE Error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent Laptop Crashes in Sleep Mode or invalid power state This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time How can I fix this problem so that I can put my laptop into sleep mode

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30189-laptop-crashes-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

i purchased a 2nd hand laptop recently and when it arrived i booted it up to check it out but, i plugged in the cable and turned it on, the fans started and lights came on but the screen was blank there appears to be a light on the laptop that is next to
the sleep symbol, so i assume that the Laptop wakes up in sleep mode for some reason, i found a temporary solution by taking out the battery and putting it back in, that seems to resolve it.  the laptop is an MSI CX705MX, i was told the battery holds
a charge but every time the cable is unplugged the laptop seems to go back into sleep mode, as it appears to still be running but the screen is blank.
it is running window 7 Home Premium.
the System appears to have had a fresh install 

Any help or ideas would really help thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2eaa764b-fc18-40f7-b9a5-271c050018fb/laptop-starts-up-in-sleep-mode?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 61.06%

I usually put my computer in sleep mode if I'll only be a few hours away and I rarely turn it off Maybe once a week However lately it hasn't wanted to go on Sleep mode Well the screen goes dark but I can still hear the fans running I know Sleep mode leaves things running but this is too much Last time my computer was burning up I suspect it's hardware issues but I wanted to take a crack at it here There are also other moments in which it is on Sleep mode and I try to wake it up again I can hear the fans but the screen is lighting up Sometimes I have to close the lid and open it again for the screen to light up Would appreciate any help please and thank not Sleep mode. Laptop accepting you EDIT The Laptop not accepting Sleep mode. first issue doesn't happen often but it's been happening a few times lately and I have to force quit Laptop not accepting Sleep mode. pressing the Power button in order to power it off Then I turn it on again and everything's loading up again I just installed some Windows Updates just in case

A:Laptop not accepting Sleep mode.

I think it's the video card fan. Modern video cards, fan speed is controlled by the video driver. Windows Safe Mode doesn't load the video driver, so the fan runs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372159-laptop-not-accepting-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay, so i installed Windows vista home premium 32 bit and on my laptop will not use sleep mode or hybernation, I even formated it again to see if there was a problem. When i go to close the lid it shuts down or if i go to start menu and go to sleep it shuts down. Same goes with the power button. I went through power options and still nothing. Ideas please?

A:Laptop won't enter sleep mode

1. In the command prompt type "powercfg -h on" (with no quotes)

2. Press Windows Key and R to bring up the Run Dialog box and type "powercfg -h on" (with no quotes)

Tell me if that fixed ur problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-wont-enter-sleep-mode-405756.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I had a problem with my laptop trying to recover from hibernate mode ("Your computer can't come out of hibernation. Status 0xc000009a") and on researching the issue I decided the hiberfil.sys file was probably corrupted.

So I used command prompt and typed "powercfg -h off" then did a disk cleanup (using CCleaner) then defragged the drive. Rebooted. Then re-enabled hibernate by typing "powercfg -h on".

Made sure all my power management settings were correct, and I had it set to hibernate when I close the lid of my laptop- but it goes into sleep mode.

Any ideas?

A:Laptop goes into Sleep mode, not Hibernate

I suggest opening a command prompt and running powercfg -availablesleepstates.

Make sure hibernate is not one of the unavailable options.

You can also try toggling the settings. Switch the lid close action to sleep, and then turn it back to hibernate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/68807-laptop-goes-into-sleep-mode-not-hibernate.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Multiple times when ive put my laptop into sleep mode it has crashed when I turn it back on. It does not do it every time, just majority. Once after I have turned my laptop off normally and then turned it back on I got the windows has crashed message. I did not post any Bios as i did not know what program I should use.

A:Laptop crashes on sleep mode

Hi Darf,

Please post your laptop brand name/model, and specs to the best of your knowledge. Since your system crashes, does the laptop get a BSOD? Would it be possible to post the BSOD error?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-crashes-on-sleep-mode-563972.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count sleep on Laptop crashes mode RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Laptop crashes on sleep mode Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K Jr BSN Antivirus ESET Smart Security Updated and Enabled Multiple times when ive put my laptop into sleep mode it has crashed when I turn it back on It does not do it every time just majority After I have turned my laptop off normally and then turned it back on I get the windows has crashed screen asking me Laptop crashes on sleep mode if I would like to start my computer in safe mode or normal I do not get a BSOD The error message when i log back in Laptop crashes on sleep mode says the files that describe the problem are C Windows MEMORY DMP Any help anyone could give would be appreciated thanks nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

About a few hours ago I folded my laptop shut to put it into sleep mode I left the room for a bit and came locks in Laptop mid-sleep mode up back to notice that I could still hear the fans running The power light wasn't pulsing to indicate the computer was asleep either When I opened the computer the screen wouldn't Laptop locks up in mid-sleep mode turn on and the computer wouldn't respond to anything I did All I could was do a force shut down and restart I've had to Laptop locks up in mid-sleep mode do this three times now-the computer refuses to go fully into sleep mode The only thing I suspect may be the culprit may be the updates I installed today Update for Internet Explorer Laptop locks up in mid-sleep mode for Windows for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Microsoft Office KB Update for Microsoft Office KB Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x - September KB Security Update for Windows for x -based Systems KB Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Does anyone know what the issue may be here

A:Laptop locks up in mid-sleep mode

Uninstall them and see if sleep mode works again. If so, reinstall them one at a time until it breaks, then don't install that update.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/112854-laptop-locks-up-mid-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, and am have trouble with it coming out of sleep mode spontaneously in my laptop bag, when it is shut.  After much trouble shooting, I've come to the conclusion that the sensor that indicates whether the laptop is opened or closed is malfunctioning. Since I wish not do send my laptop in for repairs since I can't be without my laptop for an extended period of time due to professional reasons, is there a way for me to prohibit my laptop from waking up when it is opened? Your answers are much appreciated!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Wakes-Up-From-Sleep-Mode-while-in-Laptop-Bag/td-p/3309306
Relevancy 61.06%

Obviously the keyboard keypress and or mouse click can wake it up but what other things Mouse movement definitely doesn't wake it up I prefer to make it sleep rather than hibernate hibernation is disabled mode What my can out sleep of laptop ? wake to save having a GB file saved each time After choosing Win Start menu then quot Sleep quot it will happily go into sleep mode But then sometimes not all the time after finally getting to sleep and the fans go off and the illuminated keyboard goes off it'll wait a second and then wake straight back up and show the windows fast login menu I have to hold the power button for a second to put it back to sleep Then it's whether it'll wake itself up again Sometimes I have go through this procedure times to make it go to sleep On other occasions it'll work first time I tried disabling the LAN adaptor's quot wake on LAN quot but that didn't make any difference

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390167-what-can-wake-my-laptop-out-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My Laptop goes into Hybernate sleep mode and will not wake up I have to hold -after to W7 Sleep upgrade goes mode Laptop the power button till it powers down Laptop goes to Sleep mode -after W7 upgrade and then turn it on again This can't be good for the computer I have tried changing the sleep settings with no luck I also have gone into quot Edit Plan Settings quot and clicked on quot Restore default settings for this plan quot as well as every other plan I just updated my laptop to from vista days ago today is Also norton refuses to open up I talked to a tech via chat message and did a remote session and it started to work last night-but this morning when I came in to turn on the laptop and tried Norton it refuses to open again It also has a notice saying I need to update it when I go through the updat process it says it is up to date I dont know all the specs on my computer but if you tell me how to get the specs I will post them I have a Toshiba Satellite Laptop M - it came with Vista when I purchased it then I got windows in the mail as a free upgrade I'm no computer Tech but I am a fast learner HELP Genesis

A:Laptop goes to Sleep mode -after W7 upgrade

Welcome to the Forum, Genesis

I found this for a start:

Annoyances-Resolved: SOLVED: Windows Vista Sleep Problem, Laptop Not Waking Up

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/58790-laptop-goes-sleep-mode-after-w7-upgrade.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi, like the title says, my laptop crashes whenever it goes into sleep mode. If I close my laptop it's supposed to go into sleep mode, but when I close it it will just freeze and crash. After about 30 min of inactivity my computer is supposed to go into sleep mode. When it goes into sleep mode this way it still crashes and shuts down. I have no idea why it does it and it's pretty frustrating. If anyone could help me i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

A:Laptop crashes whenever it goes into sleep mode

Security App

Code:
kl1.sys Tue Jun 19 19:27:15 2012 (4FE07E33)
klflt.sys Tue Mar 26 20:44:59 2013 (5151B46B)
klif.sys Tue Mar 26 21:07:33 2013 (5151B9B5)
klim6.sys Thu Aug 2 17:09:23 2012 (501A5FE3)
klkbdflt.sys Mon Sep 3 19:55:35 2012 (5044B6D7)
klmouflt.sys Mon Sep 3 20:21:58 2012 (5044BD06)
kltdi.sys Mon Apr 29 18:07:50 2013 (517E6296)
kneps.sys Tue Mar 5 15:09:23 2013 (5135B643)
Crashes indicate Kaspersky being a possible cause. Remove Kaspersky and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if it provides more stability. Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software. Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are recommended from a strict BSOD perspective. They do not cause blue screens on the system as other AV products do.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
Do not start the free trial of MalwareBytes, unselect that option when prompted.

Update and make full scans with both separately.

Start up

Keep less stuff at the start-up. Only anti-virus, this helps avoid driver conflicts and improves time to log in to windows.
Troubleshoot a Problem by Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7 or Vista
How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7

SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption:

How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker
1. Click Start
2. In the search box, type Command Prompt
3. In the list that appears, right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator
4. In the command window that opens, type sfc /scannow

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295011-laptop-crashes-whenever-goes-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,
I have a Dell inspiron 15 3000 series, with windows 10 installed on. When it goes to sleep, the laptop automatically shut down. when i press the power button it does not go on instantly. i have to press it several times or long press the power button for it to go on.
please advice
thx

A:laptop shuts down by itself when in sleep mode

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
Kindly follow the following steps:
Open Power Options by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Power Options.
 b. On the Select a power plan page, click Change plan settings under the selected plan.
c. On the Change settings for the plan page, click Change advanced power settings.
d. On the Advanced settings tab, expand Power buttons and lid, click on Power button action.
e. Click on Setting, select the option Sleep.f. Click on Ok.
Refer the section ‘Can I change what happens when I click the Power button on my computer’ in the below link:
Turn off a computer: frequently asked questions:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-off-a-computer-frequently-asked-questions
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989772
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello all fellow techies,
I have just done two fresh installs on this SONY VAIO VGN-NS110e laptop and with Windows Vista Premium, but I can not get this laptop to go into safe mode!

When I press Start, and go to the shut down area, the word Sleep is greyed out.
I have installed most of the drivers off the sony website and I can not get it.
When I press the Power button while the computer is on (which usually sends it to safe mode), the computer brings up a screen that says the battery is not working properly and this will not ever go away until I reformat again. I know the battery is working properly there is just a driver or something I am missing.

How do I let this laptop "know" it's a laptop?
I am just trying to update the bios now

A:Solved: Laptop won't go into sleep mode!!

I solved this,
It took a couple vista updates in the end, thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-wont-go-into-sleep-mode.936601/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi i have toshiba satellite p200, and this problem has just started occuring recently. Whether i shut the cover of my laptop or manually go to start and put it to sleep i can not get it to wake. After it puts itself to sleep "successfuly" i can hit every key on the key board or tap on the mouse pad and all it will do is start up to a black screen and stay there.... nothing else happens. its not a major problem just an annoying one it would just be nice to be able to shut my laptop when i leave for class and open when i return and have it wake up.

if any one can help please do ... microsofts help page didnt help and toshibas didnt either

A:Cant wake laptop from sleep mode

You mean STAND BY mode? It cannot wake up from STAND BY? Can you recall when this started?

If this is my case, I would definitely start with updating the chipset and video drivers (from Toshiba website) if this does not help, I will test my RAM and hard drive for any hardware errors. If hardware checks out OK, then I will surely consider fresh install of Vista. But then again, this is just my two cents.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-wake-laptop-from-sleep-mode-282352.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all first time poster So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix When I close the lid of my laptop put it into sleep mode or put it into hibernation mode the laptop basically shuts down The power light flashes on and off but when I reopen the lid or press the power button to turn it back on the screen flashes grey and reboots What I have tried Changing all of the advanced power options Resetting my laptop to before the issue started into Laptop mode down when shuts sleep put occurring Restoring my laptop to factory settings Redownloading windows Disabling the UEFI BIOS setting that allows the computer to be turned off to save power Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode Updating the drivers that were suggested on the windows eight forums Downloading the chipset driver from Asus Downloading the ACHI Link Power Management and trying all the settings What I've done in the command prompt sfc scannow then Dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth I also tried the chkdsk command but there were no problems found When I started noticing the problem After I downloaded VMware's player and created a virtual computer with Ubuntu I hope this description was detailed enough As one could tell I've tried quite a lot of different things to fix this issue but with no Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode resolve Thanks for the help in advance

A:Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

Hi mtmyj79,

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.
As this problem isn't a bluescreen, it normally is moved to the right section.
Are you still requiring help?

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34115-laptop-shuts-down-when-put-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Good evening everyone. Last night I were typing on Microsoft Word then decided to put the laptop in sleep mode as I'm hungry and will continue to do my school assignment later. After ate my dinner, I lie down on bed due to feeling full. When I woke up today, I realized that I forgot to do the assignment and shut down the laptop. Is it dangerous to the health of the battery and other hardware? How about using the laptop while charging?

A:I accidentally put the laptop in sleep mode for more than 1 ...

Hi: It is not dangerous to the battery, but it will cause it to slowly discharge, just not as fast as if you were running the notebook. You can use the laptop while it is charging.  It will just take a bit longer to fully charge then if the notebook was off. Please have a look at this HP guide to getting the most out of your battery... http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00596784

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/I-accidentally-put-the-laptop-in-sleep-mode-for-more-than-1/td-p/5725004
Relevancy 61.06%

Dell laptop with Windows 10 suddenly will not wake up out of sleep mode, nor hibernate mode.  Goes into sleep mode fine but no buttons will wake it up, and pressing the power button will only shut it down, so it must be rebooted.

Unit is Inspiron 3521 from Dell, upgraded with Windows 10 from Microsoft.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987879
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure that this thread is in right place, if not, moderator move it to the right place.

I want to make contact with another laptop with TeamViewer, BUT I want either monitor will go in sleep mode with black screen OR the lid of the monitor will be closed AND I want to work with that laptop. Something like the desktop monitor when you turn off the monitor with power on/off button I can work on this desktop PC. Is it there any solution for that, please!

A:Can the monitor of laptop to go to sleep mode...

Can anybody answer is that possible or not!?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349268-can-monitor-laptop-go-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

In the past, after putting the laptop into Sleep mode, some time later (hours) it would frequently "wake up" and stay on. After the laptop suffered a crash of its hard disk, which had to be replaced and Windows 7 reloaded, the problem has gotten worse. Now it almost always wakes from Sleep mode of its own accord, but when it does so the screen is blank and the computer is unresponsive. If I power it down and restart it, it doesn't start but instead the Caps Lock and Scroll LEDs blink on and off with nothing more happening. The only way I've found to restart it is to unplug the power supply and physically remove the battery for a few seconds before trying again. Any ideas as to what is wrong?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-won-t-recover-from-Sleep-mode/td-p/5796841
Relevancy 61.06%

My HP laptop will shut down if left in sleep mode. It happens even when my laptop is plugged in. Its not a battery problem, as this laptop is only 8 months old and the battery holds a charge for a long time. This is what happens: the laptop will be in sleep mode, then the power led will stop blinking and turn on and the hardrive light will turn on. The fan will also speed up, but the screen will stay blank. This goes on for a few seconds, then the power led and the laptop shut of completely.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-shuts-of-when-in-sleep-mode/td-p/5715548
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

Whenever I go out to lunch (I am usally gone for an hour), I come back to a BSOD because my laptop goes into sleep mode. I ran chkdsk /f and it said no errors were found. I looked in the Windows directory and i do not have a Minidump file in there. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T440. Any thoughts/assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:get BSOD after laptop goes into sleep mode

Please follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to grab all and upload a report here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337612-get-bsod-after-laptop-goes-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop running Windows 7 Home premium 32 bit
It was an upgrade from Microsoft as an OEM product to replace the original Dell Vista OEM OS

The laptop is 3 years old.

Whenever the system is pout into sleep or hibernation, or when the lid id closed, it does not enter sleep mode, but crashed. On restarting the usual error message ststing that windows did not shut down correctly is displayed.

A:BSOD when laptop is put into sleep mode

These were all related to a driver taking too long to respond. Best bet is that in your case it is Norton that is the culprit. Also of note, one crash was directly related to your VMNetSrv.sys
I would remove and replace Norton at least to test and update the below old drivers.

Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Norton 360 How to uninstall

Old drivers

Code:

pfc.sys 9/19/2003 7:45:46 PM
dne2000.sys 1/24/2007 3:17:24 AM
VMNetSrv.sys 1/24/2007 8:05:29 AM
CVPNDRVA.sys 4/3/2007 8:17:07 PM
rimsptsk.sys 7/29/2007 9:42:56 PM
rixdptsk.sys 7/29/2007 10:54:01 PM
itecir.sys 12/18/2007 5:12:11 AM
dfmirage.sys 1/11/2008 5:03:51 PM
rimmptsk.sys 2/15/2008 5:01:16 AM
adfs.SYS 8/14/2008 10:57:15 AM
OA001Ufd.sys 3/6/2009 3:30:08 AM
OA001Vid.sys 3/8/2009 8:57:13 PM
bcmwl6.sys 3/26/2009 8:58:48 PM
vmm.sys 5/15/2009 8:27:51 AM
stwrt.sys 6/29/2009 1:51:26 PM
IntcHdmi.sys 7/10/2009 9:44:50 AM

How To Find Drivers:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference Table

- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225371-bsod-when-laptop-put-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

New to the forums, haven't found any good solutions to my problem by using Google.

Bug Check String: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
I usually get ntoskrnl.exe as the source of the error. If someone can tell me how to provide minidump files I can do that too.

Thank you in advance, I'll be standing by most of the day to check this thread.

Edit: New dump files uploaded from the 4/29 crashes

A:BSOD leaving laptop on, or using Sleep Mode

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Actually a BSOD is an unique problem depending on the computers overall working environment, and so googling is not really helpful for it all the times.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/287859-bsod-leaving-laptop-using-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Occasionally when I attempt to put my laptop to Sleep it will never actually enter Sleep mode and still be displaying that it s on the HP logo will still be illuminated It ll stay like that for an arbitrary amount of time and when I wake up it will be entirely off Upon powering it up I get the message that says Windows was never Sleep mode, instead? bluescreening Laptop entering not shut down properly and then I get this message Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA F BCP FFFFF BCP FFFFFA E OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Owner AppData Local Temp Laptop never entering Sleep mode, bluescreening instead? WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txtClick to expand Here s my SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard C Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and EnabledClick to expand Anything I can do about this or should I just wait for more Windows updates to occur Thanks for any insight nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-never-entering-sleep-mode-bluescreening-instead.1067585/
Relevancy 60.63%

I put my laptop to sleep and I closed it I then just to check I opened it and well my computer indicator lights turned on, fan started going but screen was blank.

From google I get the idea that you should unplug power and take out battery and hold power button.

Is this correct?

Also no matter what I couldn't get my laptop to shut down by power button so I just let it drain the battery.

So now what?

A:Laptop come out of sleep mode but screen is just black.

Hello SR mate how old is the battery as I have just fixed an (admittedly) old Toshiba that would not power off if the battery was left in and although the battery kept it going but only for a short time it turned out to be the battery was cactus, and was somehow keeping the thing turned on with the power cord in.

So does this happen with the battery out? try taking it out and see what happens.

The Google is right it should drain the power completely after you power off with the Start > off button.

However it does seem to be similar situation to the fix I did.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/269717-laptop-come-out-sleep-mode-but-screen-just-black.html
Relevancy 60.63%

i have to press the power button every time instead. all the laptop i've owned before were never like that, opening the lid would've sufficed. i checked power options settings, i don't see "lid open action", only "lid close action" which is set to "sleep" mode. any idea?

A:My HP laptop won't wake from sleep mode upon opening the lid

That's a default action either pressing Enter key or Power button to wake up from sleep or hibernate depending on the computer brand. Travel to the power option settings for any other available options.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423099/my-hp-laptop-wont-wake-from-sleep-mode-upon-opening-the-lid/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a a Portege R930. I am running a program that take 25-30% of the CPU for many hours. If I put the laptop into sleep mode, does the computation get suspended? If not, and it is still running, how does the CPU get cooled when the fan is turned off in sleep mode? Can the CPU overheat?

I *don't* want my many-hour program run to be interrupted by an overheating sensor. If I know that the program is suspended in sleep mode, I won't fear entering sleep mode. If not, then I will keep the laptop awake, and if I need to transport the laptop, I'll put it into hibernation.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92229-Can-CPU-overheat-if-laptop-enters-sleep-mode
Relevancy 60.63%

I m in the US Air Force and I m stationed in the UK right now I went home on leave and now I m back and my internet on my laptop disconnects when it sleep mode disconnects internet Laptop from in goes into sleep mode or when I shut the lid I have checked the wireless network properties to make sure the option for connect automatically when network is in range I also unchecked the option where it says allow windows to save power by disconnecting or whatever It s really annoying and just wondering if anyone can help me This is my network adaptor Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Tech Support Guy System Laptop disconnects from internet in sleep mode Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Laptop disconnects from internet in sleep mode Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO Emerald Lake Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-disconnects-from-internet-in-sleep-mode.1053076/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a Windows Vista Home Premium, AMD duel core brand new laptop.

The screen flickers wildly when I switch it back on from sleep mode. Everything else works perfectly. They are large green vertical lines of varying shades.

Anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-flickering-on-sleep-mode.594244/
Relevancy 60.63%

When my Compaq laptop (Presario 755US; runs Vista Home) puts itself to sleep, it won't wake up doing the usual things--touch pad; power key; etc. I must do a hard shutoff and reboot. Any solutions out there?

A:Compaq Laptop won't wake up from sleep mode

When your computer left the CPQ / HP factory, was it running Vista, or did you upgrade?

How do you wake up your computer if the techniques you described fail?

When did the problem begin?

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-mode.687072/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all Yesterday I formatted my hdd and installed a fresh new copy of Win Home Premium bit I installed all of my regular Vista drivers and for the first hours or so enter won't Sleep or Laptop ? Mode Hibernate my system was fine I was able to fully enter sleep and hibernate and resume from both Laptop won't enter Sleep or Hibernate Mode ? states without any problems However It wasn't until the end of the night when I was about to head to bed that Laptop won't enter Sleep or Hibernate Mode ? I decided to put my computer in sleep and call it a night That's when my laptop wouldn't enter sleep mode This is what happens Laptop won't enter Sleep or Hibernate Mode ? I press the sleep button on the start menu the screen then fades to black then nothing happens it just hangs there the lights stay on but nothing happens Then after roughly minutes the system will automatically shut itself off When I press the power button to turn it back on I get a message saying something like quot Windows did not shutdown successfully quot After booting into Windows I get a message saying quot Windows Recovered from an unexpected Error quot And it gave me the minidump BSOD file please see attached file I'm thinking that something either an application or Driver perhaps is preventing my laptop from fully entering either sleep or Hibernate Like I mentioned for the first hours or so I was able to enter and resume from both sleep and hibernate without issue I hope someone can help me with this it's been going on for months now my laptop is almost a year old and far from being top of the line However I can't afford to buy a new one at the moment I want to but I just don't have the money This will have to do for a few more months until I can get something much better In the meantime I would love to know what is exactly causing this BSOD whenever I enter sleep or hibernate What's peculiar is that If I install XP I've got no issue It's only on Vista and Win Is it a driver issue Thanks guys I'll reply back ASAP I want to get to the bottom of this Any questions or If you need more info please just ask I'll do my best My system specs are what follows eMachines E Laptop Win Home Premium bit AMD Atlhon TF- MHz processor GB of RAM ATI Radeon X GB HDD Thanks again Also here's a video I made a few months back relating to the sleep issue Sorry about the low sound I've got a shitty camera but I hope you'll get the jist of it

A:Laptop won't enter Sleep or Hibernate Mode ?

here's the youtube link again :

YouTube - Sleep Problem on Laptop

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/84394-laptop-wont-enter-sleep-hibernate-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am new here obviously and would like to start by saying thank you for hearing out my issue I will get straight to into sleep laptop random mode. webpages up goes after the point random webpages up after laptop goes into sleep mode. My wife's computer will pull up random websites and sometimes windows menus after it has been put into sleep mode via closing the lid random webpages up after laptop goes into sleep mode. She started to notice it about a week after she installed Windows Currently running or about a month ago She will close out her tabs before she gets off close the lid then sometimes when she opens it back up she will have random webpages up after laptop goes into sleep mode. multiple windows and internet tabs google Chrome open that she has never been to they mostly appear to be ads Sometimes the will even start to play sound while the computer is still closed and we are in another room it was a little freaky the first few times Neither her or I have noticed any error messages and I have run multiple virus scans Avira Free Antivirus version Which have all come up clean So my first question is is this something to be worried about and secondly How do I fix it Thank you all in advance for the help

A:random webpages up after laptop goes into sleep mode.

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting promp... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590950/random-webpages-up-after-laptop-goes-into-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 60.63%

I decided to run media center yesterday just to see what happened when it connects to an Xbox 360. I closed media center and then closed the lid of my laptop. My laptop was fully charged when I left it but when I came back it was completely blank, turns out it was still consuming power when it should have been in sleep mode.

This has never happened before so I assume that this is related to running media center and confirming my xbox as a device to communicate to. Does anyone know how I can undo this and fix the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Laptop will no longer go into sleep mode when I close the lid

Hello Conker, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might double check in your Power Plan Options (STEP TWO here) to make sure that you have the Multimedia settings - When sharing media - set to Allow the computer to sleep.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/226905-laptop-will-no-longer-go-into-sleep-mode-when-i-close-lid.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I have been having this issue for sometime now so I finally decided to reformat to try to fix it This did not work The problem is when I close the lid I have the laptop set to go to sleep However when I do close the lid it never sleeps And when I open the laptop again the when mode) (sleep closing lid BSOD laptop laptop is still on but the screen is black and I can't do anything until it BSODs or I press the power button In the BSOD I see quot driver power state failure quot I was following your guide as too what to do run to get the necessary information and during the autoruns part it always stops responding BSOD when closing laptop lid (sleep mode) but the cmd windows BSOD Windows Vista v jcgriff still finishes Another thing is the perfmon report I get an Access Denied error so I cant do anything with that and running it BSOD when closing laptop lid (sleep mode) as Admin doesn't do a report I have attached what I could Any help is greatly appreciated HP Pavilion dv t- c CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC Product Number A L AV Intel Core i QM GHz GB RAM Switchable Graphics Intel HD graphics Radeon HD M XT

A:BSOD when closing laptop lid (sleep mode)

Hi -

The lone BSOD named your Realtek RTL8188CE wifi adapter driver as the probable cause -

Code:
rtl8192Ce.sys Tue Jul 12 00:09:44 2011 (4E1BC908)

Update the driver - http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=rtl8192Ce.sys

Regards. .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Mon Oct 22 23:04:22.716 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\102212-22869-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17944.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333
System Uptime: 0 days 1:36:42.590
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007d26060, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa80077d1700}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtl8192Ce.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtl8192Ce.sys
Probably caused by : rtl8192Ce.sys
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments:

Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time

Arg2: fffffa8007d26060, Physical Device Object of the stack

Arg3: fffff80000b9c3d8, Functional Device Object of the stack

Arg4: fffffa80077d1700, The blocked IRP

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_IMAGE_rtl8192Ce.sys

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-closing-laptop-lid-sleep-mode-672085.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all I've been experiencing this issue with Win for a while now I recently formatted and reinstalled a clean copy of Windows I also made sure all of my drivers worked with my current laptop model and made sure they were the most recent ones I could get Finally I've got good protection software I know as a fact I haven't does enter fully mode not Laptop sleep got any virus or malware however my problem lies when I set the system to go to sleep It doesn't always occur but sometimes the screen will quickly dim black as it usually does when entering sleep mode and then it will just hang there the power lights will stay on however I don't seem to notice any hdd activity according to the light IF I let it run it just seems like the screen stays black the lights stay on and nothing happens even after pressing Laptop does not fully enter sleep mode the keyboard or moving the mouse In order to fix it I Laptop does not fully enter sleep mode always need to hard reboot holding Laptop does not fully enter sleep mode down the power button for a few seconds Anyway I'm guessing what may be causing this is maybe a driver issue possibly Also I've got Hibernate disabled My system specs eMachines E Laptop Computer Windows Home Premium bit AMD Athlon Processor TF- MHz GB of DDR RAM ATI Radeon X I think it's worth mentioning also that I updated the BIOS Flashed it rather a few months back As far as I know I've got the latest version I guess what I really want to know is is there any way I can view system logs for when the system enters sleep mode Perhaps next time this occurs I might know what's causing it Thanks a lot JJP Here's a quick video of what happens YouTube - Sleep Problem on Laptop Sorry about the low sound my camera sux

A:Laptop does not fully enter sleep mode

To try to find the cause, do you think using the clean boot method, before putting it to sleep may help?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Check event viewer when it happens.

For both Vista and 7
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63...-problems.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/75615-laptop-does-not-fully-enter-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an Acer Emachines E Laptop I have Windows Ultimate bit OS installed Recently I reformatted my system installing Windows on it Since then I am having problem with sleep mode I cannot recover from sleep mode even after pressing boot button Pressing enter taping or moving fingers on mouse When I press enter in the sleep mode the system starts and blue light also starts blinking But there is no display whatsoever Every time I have to hard boot my system by holding boot button for a while and then rebooting I can set it to not go into from doesn't sleep mode! Laptop recover sleep or hibernation but thats not a solution just a temporary remedy I googled this problem but none of the solutions worked Searched through windows seven forums but didn t found Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! anything Any help on this issue would be appreciated Thanks a lot I searched this forum and have already gone through this related post and changed power settings accordingly but it did not fix the issue http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! html Here is my Microsoft Diagnostic Tool generated report Diagnostic Laptop doesn't recover from sleep mode! Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -GJY -VJBQ -HYRR Windows Product Key Hash W nm F UPXrCkY xUhXb g Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID C D -C C- E -AA C- EFB Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt C D -C C- E -AA C- EFB lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -HYRR lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt eMachines lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt eMachines E lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt eMachines lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt V lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FDBB E lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt India Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt S... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/363328/laptop-doesnt-recover-from-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 60.63%

My cousin just bought an "Acer Aspire 5100." I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled Vista to clean everything up but now the LCD looks scrambled everytime it returns from sleep mode.

What do I need to install to fix this problem? Here is the link for all the drivers:

http://www.acerpanam.com/flex/acerdrivers/bin/drivers.html?CFID=3345376&CFTOKEN=71741811

BTW. How critical is it to install any other drivers that are on the Acer page after the Vista install? Everything seems to work fine on the laptop other than the additional buttons by the mouse.

Thanks,
Jerry

A:Screen scrambled after sleep mode on laptop

Ok... forget the link. Does anyone have any guesses as to what type of driver I should look for to fix this problem? Any help is appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-scrambled-after-sleep-mode-on-laptop.613130/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all,

I have an Inspiron 1525 that is one year old. Recently the battery will be completely dead when I try to turn on the laptop and will not power on unless I plug it in. The battery meter will be at 0% when it starts up, but recharges normally when plugged in. When I unplug the laptop and close the lid (which puts it into sleep mode) the battery will be completely dead by the next morning even if it was at 100% before I closed it. I don't know why the battery is discharging completely so quickly when the computer isn't even running.

Could this just be a problem with my battery? Or is the laptop not actually sleeping when I close it, but continually using up battery power? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A:Laptop battery discharging when in sleep mode

Note there's a difference between "Sleep" vs. "Hibernation"
> Sleep mode still requires power (It should be minimal power but definitely still draws some power)
> Hibernation requires zero power

That said, i still wouldn't expect a good battery to discharge overnight on sleep mode so you probably still have an issue with your battery holding a charge

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-battery-discharging-when-in-sleep-mode.142375/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all I have an hp 15N-230us Laptop windows 10 64 bit with 4 gigs memory. I had to do a total clean install. Well every since doing the install my computer now when I close the lid wont wake up. I have never had that issue until the clean install. Can someone please help me fix this issue?

Thanks ahead of time.

A:Hp Laptop Wont Wake Up From Sleep Mode

Check your power settings in Control Panel. You can choose what action the machine takes when you close the lid and it sounds like yours is set to shut down rather than sleep.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/hp-laptop-wont-wake-up-from-sleep-mode.306442/
Relevancy 60.63%

I've had this problem now for about into sleep Laptop when going idle or Freezes mode a month Occasionally when I leave my computer idle for several minutes Laptop Freezes when idle or going into sleep mode like over it freezes The fans Laptop Freezes when idle or going into sleep mode stay on the lights on the keyboard are lit but the screen is blank and I have to force restart Laptop Freezes when idle or going into sleep mode it My power settings are on power saver so it dims the screen after minutes turns the screen of after and goes to sleep after In addition I have the maximum CPU processor state set at to keep it running cool If I try and recreate the problem setting each setting to and minutes it dims the display and goes to sleep just fine In addition it goes to sleep fine when I press the power button or close the laptop lid Things I've done to try and rectify the problem Updated the bios Reset the power configuration settings using the command prompt powercfg -restoredefaultschemes Scanned for malware using Avira Kaspersky Malwarebytes SAS and the system is clean Last night I left my laptop idle and it apparently crashed and BSODed according to the event log I see a lot of events in the log regarding DNS servers I can post the event log I've also seen some advice online to update the graphics card driver I've found what I think is the most recent graphics card driver on gateways website but I'm reluctant to install it because I don't know whether it's correct I also found a VGA driver on their website Perhaps someone could help me through that process I'd really appreciate any help I'll post logs screen shots of settings hardware etc as best I can to get this fixed Thanks very much

A:Laptop Freezes when idle or going into sleep mode

if it blue screened; please try and upload any screen shots if possible so we can have a look.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/317098-laptop-freezes-when-idle-going-into-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Since last quite a few days I am noticing this problem, after not using the laptop for a while or when the lid is closed, the system goes in sleep mode as it should. However, it doesn't remain in sleep mode for long. After a while the system shuts down automatically. And then when I turn on the laptop by pressing the power button, the system restarts but shows the status "Locked", and on unlocking I find everything as it was left off.So is this a problem or some kind of defense-mechanism of the system?Any ideas about why this happens or how to solve it?My system is inspiron 15 3521 and runs on Windows 8.1 64 bit.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19763172
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I have a bizarre problem that I ve never seen before and wanted to post here to see if anyone has any resolutions My current setup is as follows I am running and HP XW Tower workstation WinXP connected to dual monitors I also have an HP b Laptop WinXP that I run headless When I first login the morning I physically login in to both machines I then connect to my laptop via and RDC connection from my tower I Laptop come mode RDC active of is while out won't connection sleep drag the RDC window to the left monitor of the dual setup and run my tower on the right monitor Everything works great except for when I close the RDC connection from the tower It exits fine but when I open the lid of my laptop or undock it and Laptop won't come out of sleep mode while RDC connection is active open it it is completely black I can move around on the touchpad and press all the keyboard keys but nothing brings the laptop out of this quot sleep mode quot I ve disabled hibernation and all the standby settings I ran the laptop headless all day yesterday without connecting the RDC connection and it never went into this bizarre sleep mode Does anyone have any ideas why my RDC connections seems to freeze my laptop The only resolution I have for when it locks up is to pull the battery pack or hold the power button down until it shuts down I can then Laptop won't come out of sleep mode while RDC connection is active reboot it and it works fine until I connect RDC again Any help or suggestions you have is greatly appreciated Thanks Jamie nbsp

A:Laptop won't come out of sleep mode while RDC connection is active

It might have something to do with the screen resolutions. If you initiate a remote login and the resolutions are mismatched (higher on the client than the server is capable of) and later you physically go to the server it'll be black and stay black because it can't display at that resolution.

However if you first sign into the server and load at its native resolution it should work fine going back and forth between physical and RDC. Your's apparently is not so I would suspect the server is losing its "resolution identity" somewhere along the way.

That's my best guess anyway. You can try playing with the RDC resolutions and see if that helps, update graphics drivers and control software. If you window the RDC differently on the second monitor or switch the tower display to the second monitor instead of the RDC window it may have an effect.

good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-come-out-of-sleep-mode-while-rdc-connection-is-active.702302/
Relevancy 60.63%

Recently when entering sleep mode, the laptop does not go to sleep but crashes. When I go to restart the laptop, I get the windows as recovered from an unexpected shut down.

However I have noticed it does not crash, when I first turn the laptop on and at the choose user screen. Here it goes to sleep fine and resumes fine, any other situation and it crashes.

this has started over night, any ideas?

Thanks

A:Laptop crashes when entering sleep mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255973-laptop-crashes-when-entering-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

This is not really a problem as such, but I would like to know why this happens if someone could enlighten me.

I have a powered USB hub attached to my Acer Laptop. When I leave this attached and put the laptop into sleep mode, Windows closes down OK but the fan and hard drive keep running. If I power down the hub before entering sleep mode the laptop goes normally into sleep mode. Can anyone explain why this happens?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/powered-usb-hub-stops-laptop-sleep-mode.862862/
Relevancy 60.63%

Lately when I put my laptop in sleep mode when I try to resume it I get a failure and it crashes It is Windows bit It has happened on Monday and again yesterday Anyone know what is Laptop sleep occasionally. when in mode Crashes wrong - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt Laptop Crashes when in sleep mode occasionally. lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt XXXX lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xffffffffc lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff b d lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ffc b lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ffbc lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt true lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Laptop Crashes when in sleep mode occasionally.

Forgot to attach the zip file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138997-laptop-crashes-when-sleep-mode-occasionally.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have been trying to search this problem and the results that come up do not work and are dated as far back as 2011. Once my computer goes to sleep mode and upon waking the wi-fi connections are lost, also when trying to connect back it takes a good minute to 2 for it to regain connection.  Please help trying to uncheck the first option under device management does not work... under wi-fi adapter.  Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavillion-dv7-laptop-wi-fi-disconnected-after-sleep-mode/td-p/5849260
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,
If I move the screen of my Dell XPS 13 a little bit towards the keyboard it goes immediately in sleep mode.
Is this a setting? Do you know to fix this?
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991973
Relevancy 60.63%

Recently my laptop will go into sleep mode on its own whenever anything intensive is run i.e. video games. It is not overheating as I have felt the laptop to check and it is still cool. This is a recent issue that has come up in the last week. Laptop is 9 months old. I have tried adjusting the sleep settings to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. I have noticed other people have similar issues and have not yet found a solution.My system is up to date as of 24/9/2016.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-goes-into-sleep-mode-when-running-games/td-p/5777770
Relevancy 60.63%

My DV7 laptop either won't come up after sleep mode or sometimes takes 3 or 4 minutes to wake up from sleep mode.  Also the bootup has become very slow - acts like it pauses during bootup and then resumes.  Am running windows 10 and all updates are current.  I have read in some forum posts that there could be a small magnetic switch by the power button that could get stuck and cause the problem.  Have also read that heat from video card could be softening or melting the solder on the system board.  Not sure what I should do to fix this problem.  Have tried all solutions offered on http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935 Any other suggestions / solutions out there? Thank you. 

A:dv7 Laptop either slow to come up after sleep mode or doesn'...

Hi, Here is the list of the things that you should try to make the computer fast. ?Make sure the Bios is updated?Turn off Startup ProgramsWhen you install a program in Windows, it may add a small program that runs when Windows starts. After installing a lot of software, your boot up process could become slow. If there are programs you don?t use much, they probably don?t need to start every time Windows does.?Disable the Indexing Service in WindowsThe Search Indexing service in Windows scans through the files and folders on your system and records information about them in an index file to speed up the search process. However, this also consumes resources on your system and can slow it down. If you don?t do a lot of searching through files and folders, you can turn off the indexing service to free up some resources and speed up your computer.Open the Start menu and enter ?services.msc? (without the quotes) in the search box. Press Enter or click on the services.msc link when it displays.? In the right pane on the Services dialog box, scroll down until you find the Windows Search service. Right-click on it and select Properties from the popup menu.? The Windows Search Properties dialog box displays. Select Disabled from the Startup type drop-down list. Click OK to accept the change and close the dialog box.You are returned to the Services dialog box. Select Exit from the File menu to close it. Reboot your computer to finalize the change. ? Reduce the Delay of the Start Menu DisplayBy default, there is a delay before the Start menu and its submenus display. If you want to make the Start menu open faster, you can change a key in the registry to accomplish this.Open the Start menu and enter ?regedit.msc? (without the quotes) in the search box. Press Enter or click on the regedit.msc link when it displays.If the User Account Control dialog box displays, click Yes to continue.NOTE: You may not see this dialog box, depending on your User Account Control settings.In the tree in the left pane of the Registry Editor, navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop key. In the right pane, scroll down until you find the MenuShowDelay data value. Right-click on the name and select Modify from the popup menu.? In the Value data edit box on the Edit String dialog box, enter a new value between 0 and 4000. This indicates how many milliseconds it takes for the Start menu and any submenus to display. We don?t recommend you use 0 as the value. It might make it hard to navigate through the menus. Click OK to accept your change.Select Exit from the File menu to close the Registry Editor. Reboot your computer to apply the change. ? Change the Number of Recent Items Shown on the Windows 7 Start MenuIf you have a lot of recent documents displaying in the Recent Items menu on the Start menu, it can slow down access to the menu. It is a quick and easy task to change the number of items that display on the Recent Items menu.Delete Unnecessary Items from the Send To MenuSome programs may add items to the Send To menu when you install them. If so, your Send To menu may become slow to access. However, you can easily customize the Send To menu in Windows and remove items you don?t use or even disable the Send To menu completely.? Limit the Number of Items in Each FolderIf you have lots of files in a single folder, it can slow down Explorer. It?s best to create multiple folders and spread out the files among the folders.Hope it helps..

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/dv7-Laptop-either-slow-to-come-up-after-sleep-mode-or-doesn/td-p/5691552
Relevancy 60.63%

my toshiba E305 gets BSOD during sleep mode, at the same time usually onblue screen view it says that it is driver power state failure. I am new here and am ok with computers. i have spybot and sercuity essentials

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000009f
BCP1: 0000000000000004
BCP2: 0000000000000258
BCP3: FFFFFA800627BB50
BCP4: FFFFF80000B9C3D0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\110612-20233-01.dmp
C:\Users\brendan\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-37225208-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:my laptop gets BSOD during sleep mode 1000009f

I uploaded the wrong file, the first time this is the right one sorry

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262860-my-laptop-gets-bsod-during-sleep-mode-1000009f.html