Windows Support Forum

Faulty XFX GeForce 6600GT 256 AGP card

Q: Faulty XFX GeForce 6600GT 256 AGP card

Hi all My first post so please excuse me if I don t quite get my problem across Last week my XFX GeForce gt MB AGP grafix card started to act a little weird year old card I was playing Star Wars Galaxies when I opened up my Inventory pulls up a box full of spinning pictures of your Inventory As I did this my PC froze and the screen went AGP card 256 GeForce XFX 6600GT Faulty all fuzzy and distorted I Faulty XFX GeForce 6600GT 256 AGP card first thought it was just a game crash and reset my system only the problem continued when I rebooted SWG Other aspects of playing SWG were fine just when I opened any box or inventory did it go funny The other game it was going weird with was Battleknight online game after the log on screen it shows you a battleknight loading page This was all distorted too Dots and pixels all out of sorts What baffles me is that the grafix card acts normal with internet pages and basic functions it just freaks out when using it on SWG and Battleknight I have tried to use the Ntune program that you get with the latest Nvidia drivers but that just freezes as it tries to check the card I have taken out the card and given it a good celan using an air spray but it has no effect on my problem The card cost me brand new so I am a bit loathe to give up on it for the moment I have the latest Nvidia drivers loaded I have checked that the fan is still working and it is I have a W PSU which should be fine Is it on it s way out or can it be saved Thanks in advance for any ideas on how to fix My spec ASUS P P S-X mobo MB Mhz RAM PC W PSU Windows XP Pro SP nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Faulty XFX GeForce 6600GT 256 AGP card

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Faulty XFX GeForce 6600GT 256 AGP card

Oh specialized support!

I believe it's your video card itself
I have a 512Meg that even has issues sometimes

I think you're best to uninstall it fully
Turn off
Detach the card gain
If you have onboard video, start with that
Turn on
Then use Driver Sweeper to remove any leftovers
Actually even run CCleaner
Turn off
Install your (clean) Addon video card
Re-install the latest drivers again
Test

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-xfx-geforce-6600gt-256-agp-card.109776/
Relevancy 84.28%

I am presentley running a GEFORCE 4 MX440 64MB NVIDIA DDR (AGP) card on my computer with success. However I have just purchased a brand new GeForce 6600GT card. On starting my computer with the new card there is a long beep from the computer - and no display at all. Please could someone help me with this, thanks

A:New Geforce 6600GT graphics card?

Did you uninstall the old drivers for your old card and(I have to ask) did you take out the old card? Also, what kind of power are you working with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-geforce-6600gt-graphics-card.50238/
Relevancy 73.96%

Which should I choose? They all go around the same price...

A:ATI Radeon 9800XT vs GeForce 6800 vs GeForce 6600GT

It depends on which maker, really. But in general, the 6800 is the best of the three listed, followed by the 6600GT, then the 9800XT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9800xt-vs-geforce-6800-vs-geforce-6600gt.37683/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey people,
I called circuit city to see if my graphics card was in. And it was. :bounce: But it is not GeForce 6600GT its GeForce 6600LE what is the difference? thanks for the comments

A:GeForce 6600GT and LE?

The 6600LE is a bastardized version of the 6600GT. It has half the pipes and is much slower than the 6600GT. Not really worth the price at all if you are wanting to play any of today's newer games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6600gt-and-le.46025/
Relevancy 67.51%

I am looking for users who have this video card...respond regarding its performance.

A:MSI GeForce 6600GT

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njg5

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-geforce-6600gt.20699/
Relevancy 67.51%

Well, I am saving up for this card, and I wanted to ask first, what brand is the best, and wether to go for PCI-E or AGP? I am a hardcore gamer and that is what my computer is mainly used for.

Gonna go along with :
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
Rosewill RP500 ATX 500W Power Supply
And I haven't found a HDD yet...

Relevancy 67.08%

OK this one I seriously Problems With GeForce 6600GT... cant figure out Ever since I reinstalled Windows XP after installing my Problems With GeForce 6600GT... Gigabyte mobo and chipset I ve been having problems with running games under DirectX For some reason if I run a game it will run fine for abou minutes or so and then out of nowhere artifacts will start popping up all over the screen and slow the fps rate waaaay down I ve already checked to see if there are any issues with the motherboard and the card but have found none which would be very strange seeing that it s a nForce chipset I ve also checked to see if it s been overheating but its been cooler in this case than it was in the other case I called PNY for help but just as my luck was they had seemed to close before they we re supposed to close and I can only call before PM if I want to get a hold of a representative which is kinda hard seeing that I have this thing called a life that seems to get in the way of that I checked nVidia s site on the problem and they reported that people have been having the same problem and to download some driver which didnt help at all And checking PNY s website for help is a joke upon itself seeing that there is no way to get a hold of tech support without calling them or sending an RMA in Can anyone help a gamer in need nbsp

A:Problems With GeForce 6600GT...

Are you running DirectX 9.0? If not, I recommend you try it, see:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-geforce-6600gt.378595/
Relevancy 67.08%

hello i am new here and i have one question.
i bought call of duty modern warfare 2 but i noticed that my computer will not work with it. two things; graphics and processor.
i use intel 82915g/gv/910gl express chipset family. i need geforce 6600gt ( and btw is it okay if i download this driver? ( i found a lot of download massages ) )
will downloading geforce 6600gt be okay with my motherborad or do i have to buy geforce 6600gt. ( how much is it? ).or do i have to replace my motherboard and buy a new one?
the second question is, if processor would affect my gaming. i found out that my processor is worse then the requirements, and i would like to know if it would stop the game from running. thank you!

A:Geforce 6600GT vs. my motherboard

What are your computers full specs... It would be a silly thing to change your motherboard just to play a game. It depends on what your motherboard model is, before you can choose a video card over the on-board video...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6600gt-vs-my-motherboard.139305/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi i was just wondering since i'm trying to upgrade this summer to a GeForce 6600GT 128 mb card from my 5500 with 256, if this 6600 would run BF2 smoothly in medium or even high settings.i would be getting the AGP format because i upgraded right as PCI-E came out (oh well). so your help would be great. Thanks!

Relevancy 67.08%

I recently bought a new Hard Drive because my old one died on me, but I still have two GeForce 6600GT's that were running SLI, but I have a feeling that the SLI is now disabled. I just downloaded the new Nvidia drivers, and in the control menu, there is no SLI menu. Also, I downloaded nHanced, and it said that if there is SLI enabled, there would be a tab for it, but there isn't for me. Is there any way to remedy this?
Gold

Relevancy 67.08%

Specs:

AMD Athlon64 3200 Socket 939
BioStar 'GeForce 6100-M9' Mobo
nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT PCI-Express
2G DDR

Whenever I play any game (WoW, Civ4, etc) The card/computer will reboot randomly, sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes a few hours. I believe it's the card, as Civ4 runs fine on the mobo's integrated card. I have already replaced the 6600GT with a brand-new one, but no dice.

Any suggestions?

it is properly seated
the drivers are up-to-date
It is on the compatibility list of the games

A:GeForce 6600GT PCI-E Problem

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

A couple of things for your to check.

1 Overheating. Check your temps.

2 Underpowered psu.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6600gt-pci-e-problem.44078/
Relevancy 67.08%

What one do you think I should get?

They both have the same pixel pipelines but the Geforce has a higher clock speed for core and ram.

Anyone heard anything bad about either?

Relevancy 67.08%

Howdy folks, got a bit of a problem. I recently installed a new motherboard/ processor (AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 and a nvidia Neo2 Platinum mobo) but the problem is my graphics card.

I did a clean install of XP and it starts up with basic drivers. I've installed the new mobo drivers but whenever I try the latest nvidia drivers the screen turns off and I have to restart. On reboot it does the same and the monitor says 'no input signal'.
The card is an Inno3D geforce 6600gt.

Any ideas?

A:Geforce 6600GT won't install

Try using MS update for the drivers, get the latest stable release. Which is like 88.98 or something.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6600gt-wont-install.59206/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello all,

I'm thinking of getting a GeForce 6600GT, PCI or AGP, not sure. I have an AOpen AX4PE Max motherboard. The manual says it has a 4X AGP slot, yet the card supports AGP 8X. Does that mean it won't work on this motherboard? The PCI, then, would be my other option. But, what does "PCI Express" mean: http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pr...&sku_id=0665000FS10058987&catid=&newdeptid=18? Would it still work on a regular PCI slot? Help me decide which to get!

A:GeForce 6600GT vs my motherboard

The 6600gt doesn't come in pci. It comes in pci-express(pci-e, not pci-X) and agp. Pci-e requires new motherboards that support it. It cannot be used with pci. An agp 8x 6600gt may work. If the card is agp 4x/8x(many are) it should work, but if it's only agp 8x, then it might not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6600gt-vs-my-motherboard.24490/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello. I am upgrading my system and I have a old system, by that I mean I have an AGP slot and not a PCI slot of videocard. So I tried to find suitable videocards for me and decided to buy a Geforce 6600 GT.

--I want to know that is there any major difference between 256mb and 128mb version of the card because I could not find a 256mb version of the agp.

--Can I run the AGP 8x card on AGP 4x?

--How long is this card going to work fine, I mean for how long I dont need an upgrade after buying this card?

Thanks.

A:Many questions concerning Geforce 6600Gt

The 6600GT is considered an "entry level" card. It can handle today's newer games at medium settings and get decent framerates.

There is not a big difference between the 256mb and 128mb version. Both perform similarly.

Yes, you can run the 8x card on an AGP4x motherboard.

It all depends on how picky you are, and at how many fps you feel a game becomes unplayable. You'll probably be OK for a year or so if you are OK with turning down the settings of the games. But a year max would be my guess....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-questions-concerning-geforce-6600gt.38288/
Relevancy 67.08%

Okay I have a bit of a problem I recently started to upgrade my computer I bought a new case fans and Artifacts GeForce with 6600GT the got a better but used mother board and graphics card Everything was running fine since I was now using an agp card instead of a pci and I was able to play my games on the higher settings and shaders that my previous card couldn t handle I was just using the generic or I would guess it to be power supply that came packaged with my new case I didn t expect much Artifacts with the GeForce 6600GT of it but one day it died on me I was previously using an old sony viao and so I took the power supply from that a tiny Artifacts with the GeForce 6600GT watt PSU and put it in my computer so that I could get online to order new parts The PSU from the viao however was alot shorter and because of it being in a much larger case the cables could not stretch to my disc drives but I was able to get everything else powered up so that I could use anything that was on my computer Everything was working fine too I was even able to get into my games namely Lineage and even with the watt PSU I was still able to play it flawlessly on all the same settings I was previously I ordered a new power supply Thermaltake TR - W and a new heat sink Thermaltake Silent Boost RX K as the old one was pretty loud The new PSU and heat sink lowered my computers temp a good bit too The problem came after installing the new hardware and when I try to play games Lineage Thief and especially Oblivion get these flashing textures usually of green and purple on the screen And they follow the textures of the item in game so that you won t have the artifact crossing from one item in the game into another Another thing is that the textures at least for Lineage only have the artifacts on them if using a certain type of shader I believe it was called hdr or something Even if I keep all my graphics on the highest setting but switch to what is called the glow shader the problem goes away I ve tried making sure the power cable is plugged into my card properly I updated my drivers and I lowered my processor speed because I did have it over-clocked a bit None of this fixed the problem and my computer is not over-heating Plus I don t see how my card could be damaged since it was working fine with a watt power supply Here is my specs Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer NVIDIA System Model AWRDACPI BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm XP MMX DNow GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c I am not exactly stellar when it comes to computer problems like this so if anymore information is needed just let me know nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

hi, just put in a 6600gt and everything, drivers, etc installed fine. however, once i ran a game, dotted vertical lines appeared down my screen and remainded for the duration of gameplay. the screen is fine once i am back in windows. does anyone know what could be causing this problem? i tried reinstalling drivers. please let me know, thanks

-Jake

A:geforce 6600gt screen lines

Does it do it in all games or only in one? It could be a game issue(check for a patch), if it's only one game, or it could be a defective/overheating gpu if it's in all games.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6600gt-screen-lines.33760/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi folks,

Just wondering if the above card is any good or whether it's got any problems etc. or isn't good at handling certain things.

Opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Peaker.

Relevancy 66.22%

im getting a new video card and i dont know which of these to choose. both are same price at compusa, which 1 is better?

-GeForce 6600GT-
Platform: PC
Type of Video Card: 2D/3D Video w/TV Support
Slot Type: PCI Express x16
Chipset Brand: NVIDIA
Chipset: GeForce 6600
Core Clock Speed: 500 MHz
Installed Video Memory: 128 MB
Memory Technology: DDR3
Memory Speed: 1 GHz
RAMDAC Speed: dual 400 MHz
Max Resolution: 2048 x 1536
Refresh Rate at Max Resolution: 85 Hz
Flat Panel Max Resolution: 1900 x 1200
Video Standards: HDTV

-Radeon 9800 Pro-
Platform: PC
Type of Video Card: 2D/3D Video w/TV Support
Slot Type: AGP
AGP Support: AGP 4X
AGP 8X
Chipset Brand: ATI
Chipset: RADEON 9800 Pro
Installed Video Memory: 128 MB
Memory Technology: DDR
RAMDAC Speed: 400 MHz
Max Resolution: 2048 x 1536
Refresh Rate at Max Resolution: 85 Hz
Color Depth at Maximum Resolution: 16.7 Million Colors (24-bit)
Video Standards: HDTV NTSC (Full)

A:GeForce 6600GT or Radeon 9800 Pro

As I don't own either one of these, I can't say which is the best, but I can tell you this. The GeForce card that you list, shows to be a PCi Express card, and you have to have a motherboard that supports that. Unless you have a pretty new computer and or motherboard, you can rule that one out. I'll bet you have a AGP slot, so if you do, be sure and look for AGP cards only. IF you need an AGP card the 6600GT also comes in AGP version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6600gt-or-radeon-9800-pro.18500/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys Appreciate the help Having problems with PNY GeForce gt AGP X Running slo w on Generals ZH At times hangs up - minutes Ran good with old board GE Anyhow heres the log if you could attached Problems 6600GT-HJT log GeForce with give any suggestions Thanks PapaTom Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Problems with GeForce 6600GT-HJT log attached system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe D Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exe C Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXE C WINDOWS TPPALDR EXE C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe D Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBPoll exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C PROGRA Ahead NEROPH data Xtras mssysmgr exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exe D Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files NitroRAM NitroRAM exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsDeviceConnect exe D Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO hp officejet d series Bin hpoojd exe C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton GoBack GBTray exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files FireTrust MailWasher Pro MailWasher exe D PROGRA HEWLET AiO Shared Bin hpoevm exe C WINDOWS system hpoipm exe D Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOSTS exe D Program Files Hewlett-Packard AiO Shared bin hpOFXM exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NSMdtr exe D PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe c Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - Hosts lt html gt O - Hosts lt head gt O - Hosts lt meta http-equiv quot Content-Language quot content quot en-us quot gt O - Hosts lt title gt P dll com install toolbar lt title gt O - Hosts lt meta http-equiv quot Content-Type quot content quot text html charset windows- quot gt O - Hosts lt link href quot style css quot rel quot stylesheet quot type quot text css quot gt O - Hosts lt head gt O - Hosts lt body bgcolor quot FFFFFF quot background quot images layout gif quot leftmargin quot quot topmargin quot quot marginwidth quot quot marginheight quot quot gt O - Hosts lt -- ImageReady Slices layou... Read more

Relevancy 66.22%

Hey all, apparently buy.com has it in stock, check it out

http://www.buy.com/retail/Product_jump.asp?sku=10387999&dcaid=1688

Costs about $30 more than pci-express tho, oh well.

anyone happen to know if this card will only work on agp 8x, or will agp4x be fine??

A:geforce 6600gt AGP availible!!! woot!

amazon_sephy said:

Hey all, apparently buy.com has it in stock, check it out

http://www.buy.com/retail/Product_jump.asp?sku=10387999&dcaid=1688

Costs about $30 more than pci-express tho, oh well.

anyone happen to know if this card will only work on agp 8x, or will agp4x be fine??Click to expand...

No. AGP Pro video card will only work in AGP Pro, however, AGP 4X,8X will work on either AGP 8X or 4X. Please research more information on that card. If the vendor stated that the video card only say of AGP 8X. it wont work in AGP 4X. AND YOU CANNOT PUT PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD IN A PCI! if your motherboard say that the video card compability of AGP 4x, and 8X then it will works. Check out your mobo manual.

P.S. Please use the approprate english language instead of 1337 talks. Some of us dont really understand of 1337 (Leet) talk. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6600gt-agp-availible-woot.16963/
Relevancy 66.22%

I've been using a Geforce 6200 oc PCI for my video card. However, my uncle recently gave me a Geforce 6600gt agp video card. I tried to install it and then realized that it has some sort of power cable that you need to plug in for it to work. I cannot find any plug in that wil fit the power cable. I'm using a Dell Dimension 8250 with an Intel 850e motherboard. Any help is appreciated.

A:Geforce 6600gt AGP installation issue

I believe that card needs an ordinary 4 pin molex power connector.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6600gt-agp-installation-issue.121209/
Relevancy 66.22%

i know there's someway to do it
just want a faster pc, plz

A:how would i overclock an Nvidia GeForce 6600gt PCI-E?

Overclocking a piece of hard ware can often cause damage, especially if you don't have a high quality PSU. I do not recomend overclocking. It may even void your warranty. If you want to speed up your PC look here

If you are aware of this and still want to do it, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Regards,

Korrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-would-i-overclock-an-nvidia-geforce-6600gt-pci-e.53707/
Relevancy 66.22%

One problem solved, another appears. Well, what would life be without
a little excitement :haha:

So here comes: I'm having overheating issues especially when playing COD2
or AOE3. I turned AOE3 on last night for like 10 minutes, jumped to desktop
to look at nvidia temp monitor, and whoa, the card was running at temp of
87 celcius. 30 seconds after that, the whole machine hung.

COD2 was doing this crashing also, but removing the case side panel solved
that temporarily. AOE3 wont run even if case is open.

I'm thinking about getting myself a Zalman VF700-CU VGA cooler.
Any comments on the cooler mentioned?

EDIT: OK there seems to be a specific forum for cooling issues.
Could a moderator move this post there, please.
Sorry and thanks :blush:

A:Overheating issues with GeForce 6600GT AGP

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Those heatsink/fans are XLnt!
Only downside are the heat sinks for ram. You need to be very
sure to clean them off after you pull stock hsf off. Any residue
and the new sinks wont stick.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overheating-issues-with-geforce-6600gt-agp.37423/
Relevancy 66.22%

Ok got a brand new eVGA mb GeForce GT card from Newegg yesterday I stayed up until AM working with Think GeForce issue me....eVGA 6600GT on this thing and could not get it to work What happens I ve Think with me....eVGA GeForce 6600GT issue got the latest drivers from nVidia installed I take out my existing LE plug in the GT making sure to plug in a power dongle to the card as is recommended When I fire up my computer the video will have severe issues the BIOS boot text shows up skewed some of the letters are randomly replaced by numbers and gray streaks XP will Think with me....eVGA GeForce 6600GT issue start to boot but there will be vertical blue lines on the black loading screen As soon as it boots into windows boom BSoD I ve tried this on different systems System Biostar M VIP mobo VIA KT chipset gig Kingston DDR AMD Athlon XP Thorougbred stock speeds gig Maxtor IDE HD RPM w PSU w PSU swapped in Windows XP Pro w SP System Biostar M NCD-Ultra mobo Nvidia nForce chipset mb OCZ DDR AMD Athlon XP Barton stock speeds x gig Seagate IDE HD s w PSU w PSU swapped in Windows XP Pro w SP I ve been beating myself up trying to figure out what s going on I tried switching the PSU s between the systems with no luck so I assume it s not either of my PSU s The error is the same on both machines the same BSoD This is the card http www newegg com product product asp item N E Am I missing something simple Help me out if you can nbsp

A:Think with me....eVGA GeForce 6600GT issue

Maybe you got a dud card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/think-with-me-evga-geforce-6600gt-issue.29318/
Relevancy 65.36%

I'm trying to decide on a graphics card for my system. I've got an AMD Athlon 64bit 3200 processor and my choice of cards are the geforce 6600 with 256mb, the 6600gt with 128mb or the ati radeon 9800 pro with 128.
Any recommendations?

A:Geforce 6600, 6600gt or radeon 9800 pro?

you should defenitely go with the 6600gt. just make sure you power supply is at least 350 watts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-6600-6600gt-or-radeon-9800-pro.29681/
Relevancy 65.36%

So, i have modded my vc to 561/1020, but when i was running AM03 the score results were less than previous frequencies...is it possible? my card is stable with this sets, i did not flush it, only use coolbits, and then select the nv manager to change the sets to optimal.

Thanks in advance!

A:Asus Geforce 6600GT AGPX8 [email protected]/1020

Hello

Stable is, as stable does.
Did these OC settings pass the test in nV?
Have you gotten better fps?
How is the temp?
What ver driver?

It's not hard to fry the gpu. :hotouch:
Normally, it's recommended to increase in small increments
until it fails the test, then backing off the settings 5 to 10.
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-geforce-6600gt-agpx8-oc-561-1020.37165/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi folks,

I'm new to this and thought I'd buy a new graphics card as I can't seem to play many games with my PC as is. However, I've tried installing it but my PC won't boot. Once I remove it, the PC's fine again. I've got the BIOS setting set so that PCI-E is my primary graphics interface but to no avail.

My PC has a Intelgraphics Media Accelerator 900 (SMA-224mb) and although the instruction manual for the GeForce says remove the device in the device manager, I'm having trouble doing this as there's 2 entries in there and I'm reluctant to remove them both as how would I get them back again if needed.

Any advice (in simple language) would be really appreciated.

Steve.

A:My system won't boot with new Geforce 6600GT pci-e with onboard GMA

is there a motherboard jumper or a BIOS setting to disable the onboard video?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-wont-boot-with-new-geforce-6600gt-pci-e-with-onboard-gma.17587/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

I like Windows 8, and my experience has been good so far. Yesterday I've installed Windows 8 and it had been hanging at 'Installing Drivers... 10%'. So I slammed my GeForce 8600 in my PC, and surprisingly it worked.
However, I need my GeForce 6600 because another OS needs it *cough*Hackintosh*cough*, and so I put this card back into my PC. Now it boots up into Windows 8, but it's not exactly as you call it 'fast'. I downloaded the 296.17 drivers, and my attempts to install it were unsuccessful. The installer stops with a BSOD while attempting to flash the screen, and the computer restarts.
I have already attempted to install the drivers with Device Manager, automatic as well as manual, but the same BSOD happens.

Is there anyone who can help? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Edit: I have Windows 8 32 bits.

A:NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT drivers not working

Hi,

Yeah, we can help ya out no prob.

All you need to do is run the tool found in the top thread of the Crash subforum then attach the zip it makes to a new post here.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/5717-nvidia-geforce-6600gt-drivers-not-working.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys I had to reformat my computer and after re-installing windows vista same as I 6600GT Screen problem resolution - GeForce was using before and getting Screen resolution problem - GeForce 6600GT several nvidia drivers ranging from Screen resolution problem - GeForce 6600GT the newest which caused my computer to not recognize the video card to others The problem is that I cannot get my monitor to display x resolution properly I used this resolution previously because it gives a larger image and clarity without the tiny eye straining of the etc For some reason none of the drivers I download will properly display the x resolution on my Screen resolution problem - GeForce 6600GT lcd monitor I can select the resolution in my display options and such but it is not displayed correctly This is for the geforce gt card on vista bit so if anybody knows what drivers I can try to solve the problem please let me know Also I tried popping my original driver disk that came with the card but it would not boot error for some reason lastly if it helps I have the gigabyte NX T D gt model I appreciate any help nbsp

A:Screen resolution problem - GeForce 6600GT

I would use the native resolution of the monitor, and then increase the font/icon size to one your happy with. I use 1680x1050 and it was small the very first time I used it, after about 10 mins my eyes were comfortably adjusted to it. I've always found my Viewsonic's work much better at their native resultion as well. They image is off, and slurry when viewed at a lower resolution - Its just not as crystal clear for some reason.

The drivers CD should be designed to work from within Windows. It shouldn't be used to physically boot the computer.

Even the latest Nvidia should support what your trying to do. Have you installed the driver for your current monitor as well?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-resolution-problem-geforce-6600gt.152741/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all,

Please bear with me, as I'm very much a newbie. I'm looking at the following two GeForce 6600GT AGP video cards:

GIGABYTE GV-N66T128VP Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 VIVO AGP 4X/8X Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814125179

eVGA 128-A8-N350 Geforce 6600GT 128MB 128-bit GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130220

Is brand a considerable factor to consider? Is the difference in performance truly worth $45? (I actually found the Gigabyte card at zipzoomfly.com for $10 less, but that's still a notable gap in price.) I noticed a Sapphire Radeon x800GT 256MB card on newegg for only a few dollars more, so is that perhaps the best course?

I would greatly appreciate any insight into the differences. Thank you very much for your time and patience.

A:Does brand difference matter with GeForce 6600GT cards?

the gigabyte u listed from newegg has passive cooling thats why its more expensive. I havent had any experience with Gigabyte. but i have with eVGA and i can say they r a good brand. give u the chance to upgrade ur card too while paying only the difference.

what u should look for are warranties and google aroudn to see how well the manufactures handle their customers. I believe eVGA now gives their video cards lifetime warranty and they have good tech supoprt and customer service according to experience.

however be warned, their video cards are pretty loud (especially the 6600GT)
If ur planning to up the stock cooling, then its no matter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-brand-difference-matter-with-geforce-6600gt-cards.40061/
Relevancy 64.93%

I m building A8N-SLI a 6600GT Asus read) and Geforce Silencing (long a computer for a friend it s using a Arctic Cooling Silentium T case that has the powersupply in the bottom front of the case and draws air in a way pretty different to a normal case All in all this should be a pretty quiet case with it s four special mm case fans two Silencing a Geforce 6600GT and Asus A8N-SLI (long read) on PSU blowing against the natural direction of air I e down and two at the back of the case where a PSU would normally be See Silent PC s review if you are interested in it But when I started up the computer I got very disappointed it sounded like a jet taking off I stopped the fan on the mobo and the one on the GFX card and all of a sudden the computer was very quiet I dug out an old Zalman NB J Chipset cooler I had lying around and put it on the mainboards chipset but after being in the BIOS and setting everything up and rebooting the system did not want to boot the NB J Chipset cooler had gotten too hot So I had to put a very ugly mm fan on it s side While Silencing a Geforce 6600GT and Asus A8N-SLI (long read) being ugly it did it s job very fine the chipset got cool as a breeze and the new fan I put on was very quiet also I have heard others recommend this Swiftec cooler can t speak anything for how noisy it is though After this was done I thought that the GT s fan just can not be so noisy I told myself that it had to be that when windows started up and loaded the nVidia drivers for it some controller would kick in and lower it s RPM but about an hour later when all drivers where installed I was beginning to tear my hair off due to the noise so I put the side panel on hoping it would muffle it no chance the noise was just as high pitched and annoying as before That did it I right away took my car and went to a computer shop a couple miles away and bought a Zalman VF -Cu cooler it was about SEK after mounting it and starting the fan at v cable included I was amazed at how stupid the guys that built the GFX card must have been the fan was the reference nVidia one this was a XFX GT Gamers Edition and it simply could not be used it was way too noisy The same goes for the chipset cooler on the A N-SLI mobo I understand that they need a low profile cooler to not block long PCIe cards in the mobos case and in the GFX cards case to not block the first PCIe x slot but come on a better solution must have been possible to make This is just a warning to anyone that is considering to buy a setup like this one that they should seriously consider buying these third party fans also because if they appreciate any kind of silence they will be very disappointed in their computers So how quiet did it get when all this stuff was installed Well I m kind of a silencing addict myself but I got very impressed the case is really well built the different direction the air takes really does pay off the fan on the CPU does barley not spin because the Asus mobo controls the CPU fan header voltage trying to keep the CPU at the temperature you choose and for it to manage that the fan barley has to spin The heatsink that I have on the processor is made by Cooler Master and is called quot Hyper quot it s a really big copper beast with heatpipes weighting in at a total of grams I did have to remove the fan that was included and swap it for a more quiet ADDA fan I had lying around because it had a weird sound coming from it like if the flimsy clear plastic was not machined well enough so the whole thing was rattling But on second thought I think that I could do away altogether with the fan if I wanted to because right now my ADDA fan barley spins but the A CPU is only C I choose C in the BIOS as the target temp for the temperature controlled fan so - nbsp

A:Silencing a Geforce 6600GT and Asus A8N-SLI (long read)

Man when you say long read you mean lllllllllloooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg rrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddd. WOW :bounce:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/silencing-a-geforce-6600gt-and-asus-a8n-sli-long-read.23893/
Relevancy 64.93%

I've read elsewhere that it should only peak from 50 - 60 degrees.

Just afraid as to what might happen.. I guess that's my other question.

And, thanks for the help yesterday guys (whoever responded) it worked out fine as you can see.

Oh and my deets:

Intel P4 2.8Ghz
512 MB DDR RAM
300W Power Supply
MSI 865PE Neo2 Mother board

A:My BFG GeForce 6600GT OC is peaking at 75 degrees - how do i lower the temp?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-bfg-geforce-6600gt-oc-is-peaking-at-75-degrees-how-do-i-lower-the-temp.434859/
Relevancy 64.5%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Trying to establish if i have purchaced a faulty card or if there is something i could try that i already havnt.

Ok prior to installing the driver that was on the disk included with card i had removed the old radeon drivers and run a cleaner utility to remove all traces of it.

I then installed the GeForce driver. Once installed the computer went to shut down and upon re-starting froze at the blue screen prior to the desktop. After a while it tried to shut down again. This continued until i entered into safe mode and uninstalled the driver.

Any ideas? i think i have a duff card here but would welcome a proffesional opinion

Cheers
A totaly gutted Claire

A:Problems with 256MB 6600 GT nVIDIA GeForce 6600GT Install

What CPU? How much RAM on the system? OS? Recommend you use the latest drivers available here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problems-with-256mb-6600-gt-nvidia-geforce-6600gt-install.414574/
Relevancy 63.21%

i saw this card in newegg for 129 dollars, hers the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150098

wud my system handle that card, my specs are:

anthlon 64 3500
512 meg ram
300 watt PSU
windows xp home edition
250 gig hard drive
a pci e interface

dunoo whar else to put, but if i buy that card i might have enough to upgrade to a gig of ram, if i upgraded those 2 cud i play the latest games in my system?

heres a link to my mobo by the way:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...c=ca&product=1148036&dlc=en&docname=c00496280

it even has pretty diagrams

A:can my system support the XFX PVT43GNDF3 Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 V

If your motherboard has that PCIexpress x16 slot, then yes you will be able to use that card. That plus upgrading to a gig of ram would make for a nice gaming system.

It really depends on your preferences. That 6600gt card is an entry level card. So for the newest games, you will not be able to turn up all the settings in the games for all the eye candy. But at mid to low settings you should get some good framerates.

The only thing that worries me about your system is your PSU.

Go here: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/index.jsp

And calculate how much you need.

Am I having dejavue? Have we had this conversation? :giddy: :giddy: :giddy:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-system-support-the-xfx-pvt43gndf3-geforce-6600gt-128mb-gddr3-pci-express-x16-v.39196/
Relevancy 63.21%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 58.05%

Anyone got any views on the two cards?
Any Views/Advice welcome

A:*Radeon 128mb 9800 Pro 'Vs' GeForce 128mb 6600GT* AGP Battle

GeForce 6600GT or Radeon 9800 Pro
I just had to look at the bottom of this thread in the "Similar Threads" area.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-128mb-9800-pro-vs-geforce-128mb-6600gt-agp-battle.22595/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys Im new here so hi so ive been reading a lot about this gt card and it seems many people are having trouble with it Is this card junk Ive tried a few different drivers now and a few different settings with the vid card all have problems on driver my comp would freeze and during play you would see glitching another driver got rid of the glitching but it still freezes It with card 6600GT vid Problems freezes playing old school games like Half life TFC I upgraded from a fx and honestly it seems like i downgraded the graphics look better but i dont know what to do about the freezing its been freezing with the card at - degrees max so i dont think its over heating my Problems with 6600GT vid card system stats are as follows kt neo Problems with 6600GT vid card mobo gig of mhz ram amd ghz the cpu is running cool as well Does anyone know anything that will fix this problem or should i return the card and get another one If so can anyone recommend a good AGP card for around the same price I paid for the gt Thanks in advance for any advice nbsp

A:Problems with 6600GT vid card

In general, the 6600GT is an excellent entry level card (it DOES matter what company made your 6600GT of course).

I would suspect that the cause of your crashes is not that there is anything wrong with the 6600GT (although that is always a possibility). I would lean more towards thinking you don't have the latest drivers for your card, or for your motherboard chipset, or perhaps need a bios update.

Another possibility could be your power supply. Cheap power supplies cause so many (hard to diagnose) system crashe?. Who made yours? How many watts is it rated at?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-6600gt-vid-card.42250/
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently bought the nvidia 6600GT graphics card.

After a few minutes I found that the display kept freezing when I started playing Everquest 2. I also noticed black polygons appearing on screen.

I noticed when I opened the case up that the card was so hot I couldn't keep my finger on it.

I fitted an additional fan in the case, which cured the freezing of the display, but I am still suspicious of the card. Will the overheating cause a problem somewhere down the line in a few weeks or months.

I had no trouble with my Radeon 9600 pro card, but I wanted something a little quicker.

I only have a AGP slot on the motherboard, so what reasonable priced card could I replace my 9600 PRO?

Would I find a big difference in performance with the 9800PRO card?

A:nvidia 6600gt card problem

You might want to consider doing what I did to mine that came with the default fan installed by the manufacturer. I replaced it with a Vantec Iceberq 4. My video card now does not get hot. Found this one on Overclockers.uk.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_copy_of_Vantec.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-6600gt-card-problem.346116/
Relevancy 56.76%

Ok I bought a new galaxy geforce gt and thought i knew how to install it properly but obviously did something wrong because its not working Here s what i did - uninstalled old ATI drivers card i m replacing is a radeon - changed bios settings to use the integrated chip - plugged monitor into integrated chip - installed new card - tried to install drivers wouldn t let me - changed bios to agp instead Need card graphics installing help 6600GT of integrated - plugged monitor into new Need help installing 6600GT graphics card card - tried to boot computer but the monitor wouldn t display anything justa black screen with the power light flashing I m not Need help installing 6600GT graphics card an expert with these things could someone please advise me as to what i did wrong and how i should go about it properly I ve now put the old ATI card back in and reinstalled its drivers PS The card has DVI ports only and i have a CRT monitor so I m having to use a DVI to VGA adapter Could this be the Need help installing 6600GT graphics card problem maybe nbsp

A:Need help installing 6600GT graphics card

Where di u get urs cuz im lookin for the same card? Oh and u need to go to ur BIOS and if ur previous one was a integrated u need to disable its memory or it will think its running two moniters at the same time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-installing-6600gt-graphics-card.46050/
Relevancy 56.33%

Ok, I'm thinking about buying one of these 6600 gt refurbs from newegg...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814127150R

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814122204R

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814125156R

couple of questions:

does anyone have any experience with refurb vid cards?

anyone know if they're covered by warranty?

Which make is the best...Leadtech, Gigabyte, MSI, etc...?

Newegg says the refurbs don't come with anything but the card. Will I need to by any cables or anything to hook it up?

Is it worth buying the 6600 gt refurb or should I pay about $10 more for a 6600 retail.

Relevancy 56.33%

i bought the nvidia 6600gt (pixelview) graphics card about 3 weeks back.i have installed it correctly but the prob i am having is if i play games like farcry,age of empires3,nfs most wanted...the graphics just gets totally crazy ,..missing textures and then freezes.
for nfs mostwanted it froze and it said that the display driver got disabled.then a blue screen came saying the device got into an infiinte loop.

i have installed new drivers for both the graphics card as well as the motherboard but the prob still persists

motherboard:sis651
cpu:intel pentium 4 2.67ghz
my power supply is 200W with 2 hdd attached.

i wud really appreaciate the help.

A:prob with nvidia 6600gt graphics card..need help!!!!!

Hello there, and welcome to techspot.

The good news is, your problem is likely easily fixed, with a new power supply. 200W just isn't enough power for your new graphics card. You should be up in the 300-350W range.

The other good news is, this kind of power supply is cheap, and easy to install.

Here is a very good quality 350W psu for $30.00. It has over 30amps on the 12v rails which will keep you system very happy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103515

(I am assuming you have a motherboard/case that will accept a standard ATX PSU)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/prob-with-nvidia-6600gt-graphics-card-need-help.47652/
Relevancy 56.33%

I installed the XFX GT AGP card and hooked up the ps cable to it I wiped my HD and started with a fresh install of WinME Stuck in the install driver cd for it after updating windows and nothing happened No drivers installed in add remove programs list although a Nvidia folder was under my program files I downloaded drivers from Nvidia for it and installed them they took but I fail as in test just locks direct d test and same for direct draw Games I was able to play with my Kyro card can t be played on this one Everything looks about fps I know the rest of my system is a bottleneck for the card but it shouldn t be doing this System specs below AMD Athlon T-bird Giga-byte GA- DX AGP x x x DDR ram PC Antec Trueblue PS Running Directx C The motherboards Bios hasn t been flashed ever since the system was built Any help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

Which is the better card, the "Sapphire Radeon 9800 Atlantis Pro 128MB" or the "PNY GeForce 6600GT 128MB"? I'm talking about the AGP versions. The 6600GT is about 10 more here in the UK. I had a faulty Radeon 9600XT so I'm looking for a new card. I will spend around 150 ($260). These 2 cards have caught my eye and I don't know which to choose. What would you get?

Thanks

A:Solved: "Sapphire Radeon 9800 Atlantis Pro" v. "PNY GeForce 6600GT"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sapphire-radeon-9800-atlantis-pro-v-pny-geforce-6600gt.315698/
Relevancy 52.46%

I bought what was supposed to be a GF8440 GS card from an ebay seller which was identified by my W7 PC as a GF8300 GS card.

The card seems faulty as it can only provided 640 x 480 resolution on both VGA and DVI.

Probably a chip fault but is it worth taking the heatsink off an reapplying paste ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-pci-e-card.1164990/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,Just a quick question.I just purchased a new Radeon R7 360 as an upgrade to my Radeon HD 6670 and placed it in the same PCIe slot on my board and it doesn't seem to work. The fans come on, windows boots (hear logon sound) but there is no display. When I switch my old GFX card in it works fine. Any ideas as to why this might be happening would be helpful.Many thanks.

A:New GFX card faulty?

My Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4 and PSU is a Corsair CX600 by the way.My old card had HDMI, VGA, and DVI ports, I always used the HDMI port. The new card has dual DVI, HDMI, and Display Port. I've only been able to try it through the HDMI as that's the only cable I have available at the moment.I tried disabling integrated graphics in BIOS and also tried resetting BIOS to no avail. Really not sure what is going on.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156125.0.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a geforce 6100 that seems to be faulty. I got a new motherboard about 6 months ago and ever since it hasn't worked the same. When i play videos, there is something funny about them. It plays sometimes but then i go to minimize it and re open it and its only in one small corner of the screen. I have all the codecs plus driver updates. The only way it works well is wehn i turn the acceleration down to none. ALthough the screen is very blurry when it is full screen. I have also brought it to the shop and they "couldnt find anything".

The only thing i can think is faulty card and they do not wanna play for a new one. It is integrated int he motherboard.
ANy other options, ideas?

Thanks Josh

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, i have started to have display issues with my pc, the display screen changes itself from full screen to restore down screen, it originally only happened when i logged onto the internet but now it has started doing it when i open folders on my pc & i was wondering if i needed to get a new graphics card. Please help as it is getting very frustrating.

A:Is my graphics card faulty

Hello~

I do not believe your graphics card is in need of a change. That is just an operating system thing. When a window or folder screen is opened- It usually opens the same way it was closed. The graphics card is not an issue- unless your seeing things that are not supposed to be there like black lines or such.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-graphics-card-faulty.887357/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, i've been having problems in the last few days, i recently upgraded the videocard and psu of my system to a 650w unit and a geforce 560 gtx card.It worked fine for about a week then suddenly im hit with lag everywhere i turn.I am now unable to watch videos/play games because of this.But before i go out and send my card back i would like to know for sure anyone got any ideas?

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi

I wanted to know if there was a software to find out whether or not my graphics card is faulty. My graphics card is a ATI Radeon 9600.

Relevancy 52.03%

Got this corruption in my display after about 2-3 hours of MW2 last night. This is the worst it's been so far, started as missing or incorrectly colored textures, started getting video lag during that session last night and then what you see in the picture.

This seems to have started when I built my new system but I think that may be because the old one wasn't PCIe 2.0 so it never really stressed the card...

A:Does this look like a faulty video card?

Looks like it is overheating might want to check the fan on the card and cooling on your system

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/64340-does-look-like-faulty-video-card.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there

A friend appears to have a problem with certain fonts in MS Office where certain letters appear to be out of focus (all other applications appear to be ok).

He has a XFX Geforce 6500 graphics card in his machine (which I've uninstalled, removed, re-seated & re-installed) & we were wondering if anyone has encountered this type of problem in the past?

My gut feeling is that the card isn't faulty but I'm not sure - anyone able to give me a steer?

Cheers for any advice

M

A:Faulty Graphics Card???

Buen Dia! I was wondering if you've tried updating the drivers of that card?

I believe you can find the drivers at:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-graphics-card.452010/
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently bought and installed an ATI radeon 9550 256mb video card. Although there are no obvious problems with it whilst playing certain games Battlefield 2 for example the graphics get extremley glitchy and the game seems to run slow do you have any advice on what I can do??????

Relevancy 52.03%

I have this problem with many games These black squares appear in some games for a very little time I want to know what s Faulty graphics card? causing them and how to fix it Is it a faulty graphics card View this video and watch in fullscreen http www xfire com video c It happens a lot in Battlefield Battlefield OF Dragon Rising Most of my games often crash and then recover again PC Specs Intel Core Duo E GHz GB RAM x GB x GB Club d HD mb Overclocked Edition Latest drivers Xilence W PSU - Model XP R Asus P Q SE PLUS Motherboard ---------- PSU Details V - A V - A V - A V - A - V - A VSB - A Total power W ----------- GPU Details GPU Clock MHz Memory Clock MHz Now the factory OC settings that apply when starting a game GPU Clock MHz Memory Clock MHz The drivers are the latest from ATI site --------- Windows Vista Home Basic -bit Service Pack Oh and the PC is - years old I have upgraded RAM originally x GB PSU Originally a crappy w PSU motherboard and GPU Originally POV GT mb The warranty of my graphics card is still active I have NOT overclocked my PC in any way My ram i switched back to x GB sticks that originally came Faulty graphics card? with my pc the problem is the same I have been struggling with this problem for a while now It definitely isn t a software problem cause i switched to a new MOBO few days ago and made a clean installation of OS and the problem is still here nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-graphics-card.869106/
Relevancy 52.03%

please my linked graphics card is not been detected by pc even after proper graphics driver installation from hp site. A8 7410 with radeon graphics and radeon m330 as the linked graphics card.HP Notebook - 15-af003nia (ENERGY STARWhat do I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/graphics-card-is-faulty/td-p/5812409
Relevancy 52.03%

well i baught an nvidia 6800

thaught everything was fine, but 3dmark03 just kept showing artifacts and i got re-boots
posted this here, and came to conclusion that it is probably power supply

ive just downloaded planet side, (free fps game type thingy)

and first time i loaded it i could see through walls, it had no grass etc
** now i just get reboots when i load it up

is this probably a faulty graphics card then ? :S
i have over clocked it, but i set it back ages ago, will this effect my return policy etc? :O

ive noticed artifacts in warcraft 3 aswell, just small triangels some times, when im closing the game.

so are these signs of faulty card ? :O should i return, i baught it from ebuyer 2 weeks ago.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I was wondering if anybody has any ideas on this - I bought a second hand ati radeon 9800 pro 128mb vga card. Various artifacts appear onscreen from the moment the system posts, which makes it pretty much unusable. ONE TIME I booted up and it was completely without problems with perfect display. My question is, could this problem be caused by an inadequate power supply - It's only 235watts, or have I definitely got a fried card (my old card sitll works fine). I have tried unplugging all drives except the hard drive to see if it reduced drain on the psu, but same problems sitll occur. The rest of my system is old and therefore I presumed wouldn't need too much power, so I thought the psu might be enough. if it is the card, is there anything that can be fiddled about with to repair graphics cards? thanks

A:Faulty vga card or psu too weak?

Your PS is under powered. That could be the problem. But since it did seem to work fine once make sure it is firmly seated in it's slot. Of course no way to know about second hand products. Was it definitely working before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-vga-card-or-psu-too-weak.646116/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi i have been using a creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE for months and decided to upgrade it as I wanted a more high performance one for my guitar equipment which I plug into my desktop I have purchased a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music card http www ebuyer com product and am trying to install it When I plug the card into my desktop the computer lights up but there is no hardrive access and the monitor doesn t turn on If i put my old card back in it works fine again I have uninstalled the drivers etc from my old one It seems odd that just plugging in a soundcard prevents startup Sound faulty? card Could someone tell me wether the sound card is either faulty or just not compatible with my system somehow My computer meets all the system requirments for it ghz C D GB ram XP MCE Asus P B deluxe MB http uk europe creative com products product asp category amp subcategory amp product amp nav I would like to know if its Sound card faulty? faulty so i can return to ebuyer without having to pay to get it checked by them and find it is working correctly They already stupidly sent the wrong card originally sent one i already had the fools so had to return kinda once already Thanks in advance Ivan nbsp

A:Sound card faulty?

Why does no one ever reply?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-card-faulty.652666/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey users of Seven Forums

Ive had my PC since 2010 and recently the Graphics card has became faulty and was looking at this for a replacement:

Asus GT 630 2GB GDDR3 VGA DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card | Ebuyer.com

Would it be compatible with my specs (Listed on my SF Profile) and would it be a good replacement ?

Kind Regards

Alan

A:MY Graphics Card is faulty [Please Help]

It all depends on what you want to use it for mate

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/309866-my-graphics-card-faulty-please-help.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I encountered the following problems which I couldn't get where it goes wrong. The problem is:
1) Internet is able to work fine and sometimes may get lagging.
2) Unable to print though pinging the network printer via IP address is successful
3) Printer displays authentication error and is Ricoh MPC 2500 model

Does the above problems describes that my integrated network card is faulty?

Relevancy 51.17%

I recently Faulty or Hardware? Graphics card other got Call of duty black ops Been playing the career amp online and the screen would start to freeze when getting into the game mins in other colours of objects in the game were also messed up for example the window would be fluro green This happened when i played Modern warfare and my theroy is that i have a faulty graphics card because this has happened freezing and random colours to blackops mw battlefield and some older games but im sure im wrong because im not so good with computers The freezing happens every Faulty Graphics card or other Hardware? - mins during Faulty Graphics card or other Hardware? online and to unfreeze the game i click CTRL ALT DELETE to bring it to the menu this unfreezes it and then i click cancel so i can carry on with the game Its not the games cause it happens on other games Ive downloaded all drivers and installed all updates for my computer Specs Nvidia GTX MB Intel Core i CPU GHz GHz RAM gb Windows - bit any opinion or tests i can do to ensure whats wrong with my computer cheers nbsp

A:Faulty Graphics card or other Hardware?

UPDATE:

I decided to leave the computer case open, and no freezing has been occuring, so im assuming its the graphics or something getting overheated..

so should i get a new computer fan or some sort?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-graphics-card-or-other-hardware.964016/
Relevancy 51.17%

I think i have a faulty video card, my computer will randomly restart when im installing new programs... any type of program, it will restart when its copying files during instalation. when it restarts the monitor wont turn back on. i have to shut the computer off for like a minute or two, and then turn it back on and sometimes the monitor will turn on, sometimes it wont. i have the latest drivers for my ATI radeon 7000. I am runing XP can anyone shed some light on this?

Relevancy 51.17%

Hey,

I think my newly bought NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS graphics card is faulty. Is there any signs or ways to test whether it is or not.

The reason I think it's faulty is because I had a pretty messed up PC about two weeks after installing it. I eventually had to reinstall the old card (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200) and do a full system recovery (reverting back to the factory setup). Without the 7600 everything seems to be working as it should.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 51.17%

I was trying to play a game called World of Warcraft Everytime I tried to logon my game would crash and there would be a vpu recovery I thought it was just a game issue at first I then tried to play wc which was installed on my primary slave My primary slave Video Slave Ram, Faulty card? HD, also has windows and other drivers ati drivers sound drivers etc from my old computer i never formatted before I put Faulty Slave HD, Ram, Video card? it as a primary slave Warcraft kept giving me errors minutes into game I was starting to worry it was a video card issue So I installed counter strike tried playing seconds into game my computer froze and now my computer keeps restarting when its trying to load windows xp I went into bios and tried to disable my primary slave but when i did that my computer kept asking me to boot from cd even tho my primary boot device was hard disk Please help i just got this new computer after being weeks computerless So could anyone help me identify the problem here At first I thought it was just a game problem but one of the games i tested was installed on my primary slave and the game was installed on my old computer then after all my games kept crashing it could ve been a video card problem not windows wont even start up Could this be due to my primary slave conflicting issues with my new hd my specs are Mother Board MSI K N NFORCE Video Card Ati Radeon mb CPU Amd bit Master HD Western Digital gig hd sata with windows xp Primary Slave Samsung gig hd with windows drivers everything from when it was installed in my old HP computer RAM Rosewill -Pin MB DDR PC Unbuffered nbsp

A:Faulty Slave HD, Ram, Video card?

please check your cpu temp and post it. your cpu seems to be overheating when playing games.
if you are comfortable opening your computer, check your cpu fan if it is seated properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-slave-hd-ram-video-card.312791/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I have tried every single solution to fix my AMD R7 M260 video card, but it seems that it does not work. I have tried to install win 8.1 , because I saw a lot of complains about this video card drivers on Win 10, but this did not help. I installed different drivers from different sources, but nothing helps.

Now I have left with only one option. My video card is faulty.

Maybe you have some advice how I could prove that this video card is faulty or it does has bad drivers?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90026-Satellite-S50-B-15N-graphic-card-is-faulty
Relevancy 51.17%

Is there any way of checking the health of my graphics card. I have a Radeon 4870 that is less than a year old. About 2 weeks ago it was working fine for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (COD:MW2), however having not played since then I tried it again today and game play is extremely stuttery, even offline.

My testing has been off-line, I have even taken the resolution down to 800 x 600 and put the GFX on lowest settings, I still get lag. Online is even worse.

The only PC changes I can think of making is changing the system virtual memory (I was testing video editing settings) however I have since changed this back to System managed and this still hasn't fixed the problem .

I have only COD:MW2 to test the GFX card witha t the moment since no other games are installed.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have an old XPS Gen laptop with a Go Ultra video card that is failing with memory errors The card needs to be replaced because it either shows a black screen or lots of artifacts when I boot up into Windows The system will display fine when I boot to safe mode Laptop Video Faulty Card This means that it must be able to support some low Faulty Laptop Video Card level activity Faulty Laptop Video Card OK To get the laptop usable I ve disabled the video card and I can now use it as a word processor browser etc However it is very slow to refresh the screen in this mode I think I need to change the refresh rate Is there any simple driver that I can use for this If I re-enable the device it straight away starts to load the NVidia drivers when I restart and I can t stop it As I recall it used to be possible to use a different driver but I don t know how this is done Any help would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Faulty Laptop Video Card

The low level functions of the video card use a vga vesa driver
that does not activate the hardware accelleration.
The problems you ar e having when the driver loads indicates
bad hardware and not a driver problem.
Being as it is a 6800 go card,it is probably replacable.
It would need to be replaced with the exact same type of card,
but not necessarily the same model.
If you want to try a newer driver,you would need to uninstall the old
one from start/control panel/add remove programs.
Download a driver here.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-laptop-video-card.780794/
Relevancy 51.17%

i turned on my Pavillion a1450n to find that when it booted up, the screen was covered in little green lines, but the boot screens were still somewhat readible. there were also flashing green letter "K"s all over the screen. i tried reseating my video card, and checking the all cables and monitor cords. i also tested it out on two monitors...same result. any suggestions before i go out and by another video card?

A:faulty monitor? video card?

My bet, bad video card because you are seeing it on the post screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/faulty-monitor-video-card-207585.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi This is my first post on this forum so I hope someone can advise on the following problem I have got - card? graphics faulty stripes Vertical a Packard Bell with Intel Pentium R dual core GHz processor GB RAM GB system harddrive other internal harddrives Vertical stripes - faulty graphics card? Windows Ultimate bit NVIDIA GeForce GS graphics card PCI-E When I started up my PC a couple of days ago there were vertical pink stripes all over my screen - something I had not seen before and the responsiveness of the cursor is also noticable slower Went into Device Manager and found a yellow triangle next to the graphics card and the message quot Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems code quot Prior to this I had not done anything unusual so this happened out of the blue I downloaded the latest Vertical stripes - faulty graphics card? drivers but got the message that the drivers were already up-to-date This leaves me with two questions Although it may seem obvious that it is a hardware problem and that I should replace my graphics card is there any kind of test to run to verify that it actually is a problem with the graphics card before I start spending money on a new card My other question is it seem like this particular card the GS is an OEM card that was bought in large numbers by Packard Bell otherwise there is little information about it The GeForce GT and GTS seem to be far more common Are they quot better quot cards than the GS and would they fit my PC The specs I managed to find are GeForce GTS Stream Processors Core Clock MHz Shader Clock MHz Memory Clock MHz Memory Amount MB GDDR Memory Interface -bit Memory Bandwidth GB sec Texture Fill Rate billion sec GeForce GS Stream Processors Core Clock MHz Shader Clock MHz Memory Clock MHz Memory Amount MB GDDR Memory Interface -bit Memory Bandwidth GB sec Texture Fill Rate billion sec This does not say much to me so any help to solve this issue is highly appreciated Cheers Thomas nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

From time to time I look on youtube to find ways to boost the performance of my Laptop and the tactics work temporarily and my Lapotop performance soon returns to its slow sluggish self I bought my Laptop brand new about yrs ago and have microsoft security essentials malwarebytes Mbar spybot as well as in the past other spyware malware protection but performance especially simple desktop tasks and applications run so slow and take time to respond before running I have even had OMG techhelp service for about half a year and they would remotely perform full tune-ups on my laptop that woudl take hours but to Laptop NIC card Very faulty performance/maybe slow no avail I also think my NIC card is faulty I initially thought I need a new router so I purchased a very good one but performance and transmission and throughput speeds are not that much better at Very slow Laptop performance/maybe faulty NIC card all I sometimes go to public places to use public wifi and my internet transmission is still awful and as slow as ever NEED HELP OUT OF IDEAS nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

i have 2 graphics card gtx 560 ti for my pc, 1 is working fine the other i believe is faulty hardware, i first noticed when windows display an error (see attachment) so i decided to test each one of them, the 1st one worked no issue - the 2nd one with the assume problem, the fan spins but that's all it does, i dont see my monitor screen turn on, boot screen nothing, my pc is running but the graphics card is doing nothing.

any1 can help me on this?

specs:

mob: GA Z68XUD5B3
2 msi GTX 560 Ti Hawk
intel i5 2500K
8 gb of ram
windows 7 64bit

A:Graphics card issue -- faulty hardware?

by that picture it looks like the drivers haven't installed properly, even though they are the same card you still need to put both CD's in when you install it, go back to device manager and update drivers by pointing it to the CD for that card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-faulty-hardware.172172/
Relevancy 50.74%

Please help,
One day when I was playing a game, the text-
"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered"
-came up in the corner of my screen, freezing my screen. From here, I uninstalled the NIVIDIA 960m graphics and the computer worked just like before. I tried reinstalling the drivers from the dell website and the NIVIDIA website, but halfway through the installer, it would crash. Forcing my laptop into some torment that could only be solved by deleting the NIVIDIA driver I had just installed. 
Dell help, I am an engineering that usually knows how to solve these problems, but when I ask for your help you want to charge me 160$ for you to do it. Please help, please.
Anyone with similar issues please leave a comment saying you do so we can better grab the attention of a dell associate. 
-Collin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19987232
Relevancy 50.74%

hiya,

putting this way,half a year ago when i took my cpu back to the shop for servicing - they claimed that there was something wrong with my mobo and have to sent back to factory for warrenty (repairing) and till today i m doubt something wrong with it after getting back from them....

is there any software or programe to check the mobo or graphic card's condition?

thanks

edit: i think i put in a wrong section and if it is, i m really sorry coz i m just new to here

A:how to check faulty mobo & graphic card?

You can test RAM with memtest 86+
A motherboard is difficult to diagnose at home. If something isn't working and you suspect hardware, you swap parts until you isolate the broken item.
What did they say was wrong?

Please don't apologize when posting - it's annoying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-check-faulty-mobo-graphic-card.79402/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi there For a few weeks now i have had a few BSOD's One being irql_not_less_or_equal_too

But that i have tracked down to a faulty graphics card which the manufacture has now replaced (Ati 5870 Hd)

The machine seemed to be running fine and then last night i got
" A driver has overrun a stacked based buffer "

I am running an I7, with Gigabyte 333 Mobo and 6gb Of tripple channel ram

The machine is overclocked to 4.0ghz (Not done by myself done by overclockers)

This new Bsod has come after installing the new graphics card and happened while i was playing blackops.

I have attached the latest MiniDump file. and the Last minidump file before the new graphics card.

I have run Memtest for 17 passes and 0 Failures.

I am probably going to run a benchmark for a while see if i can replicate.

Any ideas ?????

Thanks

A:Faulty Graphics card replaced and Still Getting BSOD

Please provide this information: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Next, please stop the overclock and return the system to default values. Test to see if this stops the BSOD's. If the BSOD's continue, we'll suggest some other tests. The overclock is very radical (2.800 to 3.822 gHz) and is (IMO) most likely the issue here. Since you passed MemTest I'd have to suspect that some overclocked component of the motherboard is causing the BSOD's.

Although limited to only 2 memory dumps, here's what I've found:
2 different BSOD error codes blaming the kernel (core of the OS). If this was the case, I'd expect more errors than just the occasional BSOD - so something else must be to blame.

This may be the start of a pattern indicating a hardware problem, so I suggest starting with these free diagnostics (skip MemTest as you've already run it):

Quote:
I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: http://www.carrona.org/malware.html (read the details at the link)

I am particularly concerned about the age of your USB 3.0 controller drivers. Please disable the device and remove the drivers to test and see if that's the cause.

Beyond that, the problem can also be caused by incompatible or corrupted drivers. Please do the following:
OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall/remove them from your system. Reference links are included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Quote:

Code:

jraid.sys Wed Oct 07 07:26:03 2009 (4ACC7ACB)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
ehdrv.sys Thu Dec 09 00:29:58 2010 (4D006956)
eamonm.sys Thu Dec 09 00:29:20 2010 (4D006930)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009 (4A1151C0)
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Sep 25 09:58:31 2009 (4ABCCC87)
atikmpag.sys Wed Jan 26 17:13:33 2011 (4D409C8D)
Rt64win7.sys Thu Aug 20 12:05:06 2009 (4A8D7432)
AtihdW76.sys Wed Nov 17 07:02:04 2010 (4CE3C43C)
hamachi.sys Thu Feb 19 05:36:41 2009 (499D3639)
mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 05:34:07 2009 (49A3CD1F)
nusb3hub.sys Fri Sep 25 09:58:23 2009 (4ABCCC7F)
epfwwfpr.sys Thu Dec 09 00:26:09 2010 (4D006871)
point64.sys Tue Dec 14 06:09:25 2010 (4D075065)
RTKVHD64.sys Wed Oct 21 10:27:48 2009 (4ADF1A64)
rtkio.sys Sat Jun 20 02:00:25 2009 (4A3C7AF9)

http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#jraid.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#ehdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#eamonm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#GEARAspiWDM.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nusb3xhc.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#Rt64win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#AtihdW76.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#hamachi.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#mcdbus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nusb3hub.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#epfwwfpr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#point64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#rtkio.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.1751... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155296-faulty-graphics-card-replaced-still-getting-bsod.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys I'll try to explain my problem the best way I can I've having trouble running games for quite sometime now Games like BFBC Mafia II Dead Space - mostly modern games that take up more CPU GPU usage When I my crashes) it Is something or card (game else? faulty, video run these games they either crash windows says they stopped working the AMD Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes) driver Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes) stops working or in some rare cases the system freezes I've pretty much tried everything reinstalled drivers reformatted etc The only time I can really get any stable game play is if I don't OC my CPU which is strange because I'm not OCing my CPU like hardcore - the max I OCed is GHz v I de-clocked to GHz v since I had the same problem months ago but this week I've been getting the same problems I had before and I didn't change ANYTHING at all so now I'm running standard clocks on my CPU GHz Raising the voltage on the CPU didn't help at all when OCing I went all the way up to v- v and nothing still crashes etc The reason I'm asking if either something is wrong with my GPU is because when games crash on my system my entire computer starts acting up the graphics pictures in games become distorted kinda like artifacts on defected GPU and the sound becomes all static like feedback I can't explain it - it's weird I have to reboot my PC in order to fix it Also I get the quot Display driver has stopped working quot in some occasions usually when I play dead space My CPU nor my video card are overheating - the max temp my CPU has gone is - c and my video card is - c This pic shows pretty much what happens after a game crashes and try to play it again http img imageshack us img jpg So should I RMA my card or could it be something else click on my system specs below my name

A:Is my video card faulty, or it something else? (game crashes)

Quote:
the graphics/pictures in games become distorted (kinda like artifacts on defected GPU)

This is a clear sign of a defective GPU
RMA it

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/137681-my-video-card-faulty-something-else-game-crashes.html
Relevancy 50.31%

This data recovery is so amazing and very conveiemt.  U will love it once u start using it.

Great product!

A:Recover all my recent holiday photos from a faulty SD card

The downside of this product, is that its a free trial. If you wish to recover more files,
then you have to pay $39.95 

I use this product called Recuva, which 

Recover your deleted files quickly and easily.
Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost files after a computer crash? No problem - Recuva recovers files from your Windows computer, recycle bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player!
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597338/recover-all-my-recent-holiday-photos-from-a-faulty-sd-card/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Tech Support Guy System HP DV2700 Pavillion Solved: Graphics faulty card Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Solved: Graphics card faulty HP Pavillion DV2700 Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Mb Hard Solved: Graphics card faulty HP Pavillion DV2700 Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Wistron CE Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Disabled A month ago the screen suddenly filled with green and purple lines This went all over the place then onto blue See attachment quot IMG quot then sometimes black or black with lines Turning it off and on didnt help and it often crashed after turning it back on I did a sytem restore and windows repair as I was prompted to do after the crash but this did not work I had it repaired in Thailand bought this in New Zealand and was told they would repair the graphics card and there was no guarantee the repair would work They also said they could not guarantee the graphics card replacement being more expensive than the repair and seeing as I would not be in Thailand to follow up I opted for the cheaper repair Two weeks later the same thing happened See attachement quot IMG quot for one of the error messages I got only had a error message - that I could read anyway - once I can now only operate the laptop dysfunctionally in safe mode Even in Safe mode the screen is compromised - see attachment quot IMG quot The PC wont open normally anyway but that may have something to do with me repeatedly using F to access the safe mode with networking - as this is the only mode I can operate my PC in HP Thailand incidentally cover Thai bought and sold pavillions with this problem because it is a NVIDIA issue but they would not cover my laptop as it was bought in New Zealand I just got customer service BS when I called HP New Zealand So I wont be buying another HP product as they don t seem to last more than - yrs I uninstalled the graphics driver reinstalled and updated it - no luck I unistalled the graphics card disabled windows update and restarted but this did not help either What is a girl to do New graphics cards can purchased on ebay and they have fans which is maybe why this graphics card is stuffed But some people have said that the card is attached to the motherboard making it hard to separate - true If I can repair this myself I will pay up to but anything more then I need to buy a new laptop nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

i seem to be having abig problem when playing any game on my pc, the game will start fine then when u actually get into the game it will crash within seconds.

i tried an old game (midtown madness 2) and figured something out.
if i set it to run on hardware only i have no trouble, but if i set the game to run with hardware and software thats when it crashes, ive downloaded the latest drives for the graphics card, forceware version 78.01. at the moment my cpu temp is 35C so maybe it isnt overheating.

any help would be great as im out of ideas

thanks

A:games crashing, possible faulty card or system overheating?

well i took another look at the temp, and im a little concerned..

Temperatures:
Motherboard 46 C (115 F)
CPU 42 C (108 F)
Maxtor 6Y080L0 51 C (124 F)
MAXTOR 4K040H2 34 C (93 F)

Cooling Fans:
CPU 4383 RPM

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.82 V
+3.3 V 3.30 V
+5 V 5.05 V
+12 V 12.35 V
+5 V Standby 5.03 V
Debug Info V 72 00 CE BC C1 00 00 BB (F7)
Debug Info T 42 46 127

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-crashing-possible-faulty-card-or-system-overheating.34802/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I was playing Skyrim last weekend and the game froze on a black screen just graphics playing Skyrim after faulty card? - BSOD as it was cutting to a kill animation I had to restart the computer but when Windows loaded I had a BSOD after playing Skyrim - faulty graphics card? BSOD The computer booted fine BSOD after playing Skyrim - faulty graphics card? up till this point I've been looking up causes and fixes all week and the dump files seem to suggest a x Video TDR error I've attached all the requested information I've already tried installing several different graphics drivers - the newest the one supplied with the card and one between Windows and DirectX were fully up to date I've also tried formatting the hard drive and installing Windows fresh twice I've had the computer back to the state it arrived in when the drivers worked fine and I've tried it with only the video drivers installed Everything I try now is still resulting in the same BSOD I can only get Windows to load in Safe Mode or if I go into Device Manager and disable my graphics card I am now fairly convinced the card itself is the problem and I'm looking for confirmation before I go and get a new one fitted My spec is AMD Phenom II X GHz ASUS M A TD motherboard GB RAM ATI Radeon HD GB Windows Ultimate bit W PSU The computer was new at the end of November I had the same Windows install since then but now I'm running a fresh install Any extra information needed please ask Thanks in advance

A:BSOD after playing Skyrim - faulty graphics card?

To check the graphics card and your hardware:If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!
For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.
Also, STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

And make sure the system has good airflow and the graphics card does not have dust built up in the fans. Also check that no power cables are blocking the graphics card fan from spinning.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234485-bsod-after-playing-skyrim-faulty-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Been looking for a good gaming card for 140-160$, these seem to be the 2 contendors, what do you guys think ?

Relevancy 49.45%

Well around winter of my Card? Input Video Signal, No Fried Faulty Mobo? computer broke down I have recently gotten sick and tired of using a windows COMPAQ has too little ram for anything remotely modern So I am back to it my Father looked at it and he thinks the motherboard is fried No one in my family has any PHYSICAL computer problem experience though I have virtual experience It started to make a loud hoarse noise at startup The monitor sayed quot No Input Signal quot and said quot Monitor going to sleep quot We cleaned out the inside as it was ridiculously dusty and now the hoarse noises have stopped But the monitor is still messed up What I can provide -Another computer to test things -Pictures of the inside of my computer -Specifications To an extent another thing I want you to know I am not prepared to buy most things I have another computer with parts I can swap if it comes down to it No Input Signal, Faulty Video Card? Fried Mobo? but if we cant fix it we are going to buy a brand new computer If anyone can help it would be much appreciated I have little physical computer experience as in none So I dont know where anything or what anything is nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I recently purchased a second 8800 gts 640mb video card to work in sli with my current one. When i connect the card in sli or by itself in the same slot my older card was in and turn on the power then computer will switch on for about a second then switch back off again. If the press the button again the computer wont even switch on at all until i take the card out.I cant understand what is causing this unless the card is faulty. I have a 700 watt power supply which should be sufficient for both cards and more than enough for the newer card by itself so i dont think the power supply is the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

A:Computer shuts down almost immediately after its turned on - Faulty Video Card?

Have you connected the additional power supply connector to both cards. If the new card won't run by itself, the card is bad... Simple

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-almost-immediately-after-its-turned-on-faulty-video-card.106667/
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to replace my laptop's  network faulty card  (frequently stops functioning on windows 10).Product Number: KS342EA#AB9I read somewhere (in a lot of places actually) that the BIOS will almost certainly disable the card (may even refuse to boot the system).Could you provide me a list of network cards that are BIOS compatible to this specific model.I have an Inter(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN (the faulty one).Regards   

A:Replace Faulty Network Card HP Pavilion dv6700, more specifi...

Hi, To be sure is to be sure, only use card on the following list for your country:     http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=KS342EA (look at the bottom of the list). You may want to bookmark the link too. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Replace-Faulty-Network-Card-HP-Pavilion-dv6700-more/td-p/5807081
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi My Dell Vostro Win x has an nVidia G card but the fan is faulty very noisy - sounds like a small chainsaw I had a replacement part same nVidia G sent to me by same machine grfx freezes/locks Replacing faulty with model card up Dell However when I install the new the grfx card into the machine Win starts to boot gets to the splash screen just before you can select the user and then locks up freezes Reinstalling the old card back in the machine Win will boot successfully Dell tell me that the card they sent me is the Replacing faulty grfx card with same model freezes/locks up machine same model as the one in my machine Does anyone know what could be the cause of this freeze crash lock up If they cards Replacing faulty grfx card with same model freezes/locks up machine are exactly the same then the same device drivers would you expect this problem with the card Any suggestions on how to diagnose I know the replacement card works kinda as I can boot the self installed Linux system on this Dell computer and graphics display is fine - machine just locks up when booting Win so I suspect drivers or something similar Any help appreciated thanks

A:Replacing faulty grfx card with same model freezes/locks up machine

Did you try the safe mode? It doesn't load the Nvidia drivers, just the generic ones. Else, try a startup repair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/129726-replacing-faulty-grfx-card-same-model-freezes-locks-up-machine.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 48.59%

Hello I recently posted on this forum after having issues with my computer not booting Then the PSU literally blew up a day later Old System Specs Q MSI P N Diamond Silverpower sp w has good reviews just not well known Corsair GB HD The issue I had was turn on pc everything lights up but GPU fan spins at full speed as if it was getting no power or connecting to motherboard G-card will not boot at all I did however find a very strange work around To boot the machine I had to remove the pin CPU power on the motherboard Turn the machine on but no boot Turn it off and replace CPU power Turn machine back on and everything works perfectly So It seems that the card can never boot up from cold If I re-started it worked fine I now have a new motherboard cpu RAM and PSU Both motherboards work perfectly with my tester g-card New PC Parts I k Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Corsair TX w V The new one fails to boot at all even with various different power cables removed I cannot RMA card as it is No works fan kinda speed boot, card? mobo faulty on other - - full 5870 second-hand BY using my 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? trick on the old motherboard it works perfectly so the card actually works It s just having big issues accepting power to 5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card? boot Would flashing the g-card bios help This quote is from an article about flashing the g-card bios It seems to sum up my issue the video BIOS initializes the card As soon as it receives power from the motherboard the BIOS activates the card and identifies itself to the motherboard BIOS In short the video BIOS starts and identifies the card and provides its initial crop of settings However if I can get any advice on other things to try out then I will happily do them The PSU s are not at fault as There is the same issue with a new Antec PSU and my brand new Corsair TC w which is supposed to be one of the dogs bollox of PSU s Thanks in advance for your reply Ivan G-S nbsp

A:5870 No boot, fan full speed - kinda works on other mobo - faulty card?

Welcome to the world of custom building lol, my computer has similar problems that if i have had it turned off for more than 5 minutes it will not boot and keeps bluescreen until i do a clean boot with a power drain, my solution to that is do just set the bios on the MB to use a 1W standby and leave it in sleep mode always (reboot it every so often)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5870-no-boot-fan-full-speed-kinda-works-on-other-mobo-faulty-card.173944/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi everyone I recently built a new Windows computer with an i - k processor and a gigabyte GA-B M-D H B motherboard I purchased an ASUS PCE-N R wireless adapter to go with it Possibly internet transmit not Full data. will faulty wireless card? 54.0mpbs, but bars, but have been having a rather bizarre issue plugged into a pcie x running at x slot There are times when the speed is amazing and the connection is steady but then there are other times where I have full bars the network status indicates I have internet access and a connection speed of mbps but no data will Full bars, 54.0mpbs, but internet will not transmit data. Possibly faulty wireless card? transmit in either Full bars, 54.0mpbs, but internet will not transmit data. Possibly faulty wireless card? direction Websites will not load downloads will not work in and out of browsers I have disabled my proxies and swept for viruses I have my laptop right next to it checking internet speeds and connectivity and they all seem steady I was wondering if you guys could help me assess whether or not this sounds like a faulty wireless adapter Additional notes When I choose to diagnose a connection it tells me there was a quot Problem with the wireless adapter or access point quot and that it was fixed Problem remains

A:Full bars, 54.0mpbs, but internet will not transmit data. Possibly faulty wireless card?

Welcome Dess. Have you tried reinstalling the PCi adapter's driver or use any available USB wifi adapter to check on the difference? You mentioned virus, were you infected and softwares did you scan your PC with?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481512/full-bars-540mpbs-but-internet-will-not-transmit-data-possibly-faulty-wireless-card/
Relevancy 45.58%

i am trying to play sims 2 but my new pc is not showing up my video card its a geforce video card what can i do plz help

A:my geforce card is not showing up

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Start by reinstalling your video card drivers. See if it helps.

Also, make sure you have DirectX0.9c installed.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-geforce-card-is-not-showing-up.42931/